[Return]
Archived Thread

File 122125959718.jpg - (297.76KB , 713x900 , 1216171976161.jpg ) [iqdb]
59333 No. 59333
The year is 2XXX. Human society is just starting to recover from the impact of three great meteors. The first two striking major landmasses in the former countries of Russia and the former United States. However, humans are a resilient lot. Within a scant few decades, humanity had managed to recover from this, in part by the discovery of an extremely rare element in two of the meteors. A now noted scientist was credited with the discovery of the material ‘Hakkero-onium’ in what has now been dubbed Meteor-3.

Humans, by their very nature, are also a cowardly lot. As such, during that time of destruction and rebuilding, many humans fled the planet in great numbers. They sought safety in the great space colonies that had been established a scant few years before the impacts.

Many humans living in these colonies for extended periods of time began to develop bizarre powers and abilities. These new humans were dubbed ‘mages’. They had faster reflexes than average humans and seemed to have extra sensory abilities. Some colonies actively ostracized mages, while others welcomed them with open arms.

For the most part, life has settled down for most people. Especially with the world being united by the Over Earth Nation. ONE, as it had come to be called, had finally eliminated most extended conflict during the years after the meteor impacts. They were built upon the foundations of the now defunct United Nations and had succeeded in every place that the UN had ever failed.

To you, none of this really matters though, for today’s your final day of high school. Soon you’ll be forced out into the real world, free to live life as you please. Well, you would be if it weren’t for the fact that there was also someone from the military here administering a test to your class. This particular test was given to every graduating class, annoying as it may be to the students. You think that the test is mandatory, but you really can’t remember. With the test out of the way, you sit and wait for the results of the test to come back.

Two questions from the test stick out clearly in your mind. How did you answer them again?

Question 14:
Your unit is to work in a scouting-vanguard role, your task is to advance and negate any enemy units in your path in preparation for a larger force to follow. You have at your disposal a single lance of general purpose units as well as two lances that may be called as reinforcements.
How, then, would you choose to perform your mission?

[ ] a) Split up and spread out to locate enemy units, then call up the reserves to take them out as you continue.
[ ] b) stay together and attempt to attack units one by one, ensuring you have a numerical advantage in each micro-engagement.
[ ] c) stay together and order to reserves to follow a distance behind. Make yourself noticed in order to draw defenders to your position where the reserves can enter in a pincer maneuver with your unit as bait.

Question 22:
Your mission is to escort a vital courier unit with your squad to a specified location in an absolute strict time limit. You have a single lance at your command along with the courier. There will be no reinforcements.
Given this, which course of action do you deem most appropriate should your lance come into contact with a singular enemy or enemy group that is beyond your capabilities to take down?

[ ] a) Retreat immediately using physical and non-physical methods to cover, then attempt to bypass the blockade entirely.
[ ] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.
[ ]c) Use diversionary tactics in order to draw the enemy blockade away from their posts, then send the courier and a smaller escort through the hole in the enemy line to complete the mission.

(Too many problems posting this dratted thing)

>> No. 59334
We have enough CYOAs already, thank you very much.
>> No. 59335
File 122125984186.jpg - (83.12KB , 500x380 , Cleave and smite.jpg ) [iqdb]
59335
[x] c) stay together and order to reserves to follow a distance behind. Make yourself noticed in order to draw defenders to your position where the reserves can enter in a pincer maneuver with your unit as bait.
[x] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.

I am Sänger Zonvolt, the Sword That Smites Evil! There is nothing my Colossal Blade cannot cut!

Unless it's a child, in which case, there are no cookies I cannot bake!
>> No. 59338
File 122126129967.jpg - (264.79KB , 600x800 , Katina_Tarask.jpg ) [iqdb]
59338
This place. It was made for me.

[ ] b) stay together and attempt to attack units one by one, ensuring you have a numerical advantage in each micro-engagement.

[x] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.
>> No. 59345
[x] d)Distract the enemy by overriding their communications.

TROMBE!
>> No. 59346
[X]b
[X]b
>> No. 59348
14: [X] c) stay together and order to reserves to follow a distance behind. Make yourself noticed in order to draw defenders to your position where the reserves can enter in a pincer maneuver with your unit as bait.

22 is hard though.....
22: [X] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.

The ALART has already been triggered, and so retreating wont work, and what's to say the force is more than you thought?
>> No. 59353
[X] b) stay together and attempt to attack units one by one, ensuring you have a numerical advantage in each micro-engagement.

If you outnumber your enemy, then attack, attack, attack!

[X] a) Retreat immediately using physical and non-physical methods to cover, then attempt to bypass the blockade entirely.

If your enemy is of superior strength and/or numbers, then evade or avoid them altogether.
>> No. 59354
You should've put in the explanation that A = Other(Some sort of leader type?), B= Real, and C = Super for the first question like you did in the first post.

Anyways...

[x] c) stay together and order to reserves to follow a distance behind. Make yourself noticed in order to draw defenders to your position where the reserves can enter in a pincer maneuver with your unit as bait.
[x] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.

GIVE ME THRUDGELMIR OR GIVE ME DEATH.
>> No. 59363
[x] c) stay together and order to reserves to follow a distance behind. Make yourself noticed in order to draw defenders to your position where the reserves can enter in a pincer maneuver with your unit as bait.

[x] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.
>> No. 59380
Wait, did you remake this thread?
>> No. 59381
[x] c) stay together and order to reserves to follow a distance behind. Make yourself noticed in order to draw defenders to your position where the reserves can enter in a pincer maneuver with your unit as bait.
[x] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.
>> No. 59386
File 122129561678.png - (246.33KB , 473x232 , ShinGetter.png ) [iqdb]
59386
[x] c) stay together and order to reserves to follow a distance behind. Make yourself noticed in order to draw defenders to your position where the reserves can enter in a pincer maneuver with your unit as bait.
[x] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.
>> No. 59416
[X] a) Split up and spread out to locate enemy units, then call up the reserves to take them out as you continue.

First you have to find the enemy before you can attack him.

[X] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.

Never retreat, never surrender, never leave your escort.

> Super Robot Wars: Original Touhou
Is this some Original Generation? If so then I want my Alteisen and Weissritter.
>> No. 59417
[x] c) stay together and order to reserves to follow a distance behind. Make yourself noticed in order to draw defenders to your position where the reserves can enter in a pincer maneuver with your unit as bait.
[x] b) Run a blitz operation and attempt to smash through the weakest part of the enemy line using power and the element of surprise to ensure success.
>> No. 59440
As you sit in your seat, lost in thought, the military person who was administering the test walks back into the room. Clearing his throat, he begins calling out student’s numbers. Your hands run over the pleats of your school uniform’s skirt, a nervous habit you’ve had forever. Several of the students around you are called, causing you to fidget more. You have no idea what may be in store for the others, but you really want no part of it. A few tense moments later, the tester announces that all the numbers that were called are required to head to a different room and the rest of you are free to go.

All but jumping from your seat, you dash from the room. You hope to never have to deal with something like that again.

-Two Years Later-

You sigh to yourself after you leave your current job. This makes the third job that you’ve been fired from in less than a month. It’s hard enough to scrape by after you failed out of college and your parents kicked you out, but this is getting ridiculous. Gazing up at the sky, the familiar sight of the other side of the colony greets you. Maybe you’d have better luck if you tried the other side of the colony. Rumors have been flying about new jobs showing up over there since the military base went in. It certainly was something to consider, just not right now. Pulling your jacket closed as a sudden gust of wind startles you. Praying that it’s not another de-compression, you hurry on your way back home.

The door closes behind you and you do up the several bolts. The neighborhood that this tiny little apartment is in could be better, but it’s the cheapest place you could find on this side of the colony. Your jacket finds its way to the table as you stare in disgust at the mound of dirty dishes in the sink. If you want to have anything to eat off of you should clean them. Not that you have anything to eat right now. So, once again, you let the dishes slide.

The light in the main room of the apartment flickers to life after you pull the chain. It seems to be more and more of a struggle for the light to come on each time you try it. Not that you have the money to replace it should it go out completely. The TV flickers to life in a similar manner. It’s not to shabby for one you managed to fish from a dumpster. While better than nothing, you really wish that it hadn’t come to this. Spreading the newspaper that you managed to steal on your way home out on the wobbly table that occupies a better part of the main room, you begin searching the help wanted section. Again. Minutes later you have the paper marked up, several promising job leads circled, and ones that you’ve already applied for x’d out. You note which ones require you to apply in person and which ones require you to hyper-net a resume to. The hyper-net ones will have to wait until the next time you can get to the library to get at a computer.

You slump forward onto the table. This is not how you envisioned your life going at all. Barely scraping by, jumping from job to job. You always wanted to do more with your life. Failing out of college was a massive blow to you. High school had never been a problem. College was just so much different. You shake your head to clear away such thoughts. They do you no good right now. Still, it doesn’t stop the fact that you’re now rather depressed. Picking up the battered remote, you flip through the channels, eventually stopping on the news. Apparently, there’s been growing dissatisfaction in the way that ONE’s been running the earth government. Several factions have sprung up, all attempting to influence ONE. However, before that particular story finishes, the news is interrupted.

The screen flickers a few times before the picture becomes clear. A blonde woman with bright violet eyes is suddenly staring out of the Television at you. She clears her throat before she begins speaking.
"Greetings people of earth, people of the colonies. For far too long, ONE has been complacant in matters of utmost urgency. It is because of this. . . this utter gamble with the lives of all humanity that I declare open war on ONE. We, the Demarcation Martyrs, stand to oppose ONE and thier culture of stagnation. We can NOT stand idly by in the face of this imminent threat, and I will not allow the world to do so."

A loud explosion rocks your small room, casting everything about. Your TV falls forwards and smashes to the floor with a resounding crash. You doubt that it’ll work again, but you have more pressing matters on your mind at the moment. The decompression klaxons are now screaming madly. Something must have pierced the wall of the colony. Dashing through the kitchen, and sweeping up your coat, you tear out of your apartment. The moment you hit the street, you can feel it. The wind is blowing strongly through here which means that the breech is nearby. You’re about to set off to the decompression shelter when you think you hear someone yelling for help, it’s hard to tell with the wind rushing past you. All around you others are running off to the decompression shelters.

[ ] Go investigate the noise.
[ ] Go to the shelter.
>> No. 59441
[x] Go investigate the noise.

This looks like a job for Superman.
>> No. 59443
[x] Go investigate the noise.

Anon is a sucker for dangerous heroics.
>> No. 59446
>will have to wait until the next time you can get to the library to get at a computer

Hello there Scorn.

[X] GO to the shelter.
>> No. 59448
[X] Go investigate the noise.
>> No. 59449
[ ] Go investigate the noise.

We're doing the Super Robot route, right?
>> No. 59456
[ ] Go investigate the noise.
>> No. 59461
>>59449
I would guess so since we apparently failed some sort of military test.
[X] Go investigate the noise.
>> No. 59473
[X] Go investigate the noise.

I like this way better.
EITHER WE LIVE TOGETHER, OR WE DIE TRYING
>> No. 59525
(If at all possible, attempt to find the Super Robot Wars Original Generations OST. I'll be making frequent refrences to the OST for background music.)

[ ] Go investigate the noise.

The crowd of people heading towards the shelters thins out quickly, allowing you to rush towards where you heard the noise. Rushing in the direction of the wind. This was probably the most stupid thing you could be doing, considering it’s taking you almost certainly in the direction of the breech. However, you’ve never doubted your hearing before and this is no time to start.

Changing direction slightly, you move down a more open street towards the sound. It takes much longer to get down the street than you had initially thought. You must be quite close to the breech now for the wind is roaring past you. It threatens to sweep you off your feet if you’re not careful.

Gazing down the street a ways you see the breech that started this whole mess. That’s not the only thing down that way though. There are several mechs in that general area as well. They look like fighter jets with arms and legs hanging down from the bottom. Three of them are standing near the breech seemingly attempting to close it. While there’s another two who seem to be scouting the nearby area.

As you’re standing there, gazing around the corner, a hand comes down on your shoulder. You nearly jump out of your skin and scream. Likely you would have if another hand hadn’t clamped down firmly over your mouth.

“I’m sorry, didn’t mean to startle you. You’re the backup right? I’ve got the mechs over here. They may not be much, but they should be more than enough to deal with these fools.” The woman takes her hand away from your mouth and points off in the opposite direction as the Jet-mech things. She turns quickly, grabbing her yellow cap as it almost flies away. Her long red hair streaming along behind her.

“Ah. . . but. . .”

“There’s no time! I’ve already got them started up. We have to stop them as soon as possible, before they cause MORE damage to the colony!” The woman is already moving towards what appears to be a warehouse nearby. With little other choice, you decide to follow her.

Inside the warehouse you’re greeted by the sight of two very large mechs laying down. One is painted red with what appears to be two large stakes one attached to each arm. The other one seems bulkier, with some sort of cannons attached to the shoulders. The mysterious woman grabs a chord and is pulled up into the one with the arm stakes.

“Hurry up. While they’re disoriented and before they can get re-enforcements! The cockpit‘s in the head if you‘ve never used this model before.”

You run around to the head of the mech and see that, indeed, there is a cockpit here. Sliding inside you see that it looks eerily similar to a game you played in college. Almost all the controls are where they were in the game. You flip one of the switches and the cockpit closes. It would seem that this IS set up like the game. . .

“Alright. Let’s get this show on the road!” The woman’s voice crackles over the radio.


BGM: Disc 1 - 05.Itsuka Kuru Beki Nichi Notameni

Episode 1 - The first Faltering steps.

BGM: Disc 1 - 04.Hajimari no Chi

The woman bursts through the roof of the warehouse, followed, falteringly, by you. This definitely has drawn the attention of the five enemy mechs you saw earlier.

“Ok. Here’s the basic plan. I run in there and scatter them, and you pick them off.” The woman’s voice comes over the radio again.

“Sounds like a good plan, except for one thing. . . I’ve never used anything like this before.”

“You’re just NOW telling me this?! Argh. Look it’s easy. The targeting would be just like training.” the woman pauses, just now seeming to realize something, “Unless. . . you’re not my backup, are you?”

“I’m afraid not.”

“Ah. Shit. Look It’ll turn red when it has a target locked. Don’t fire unless it does that. Got it?”

“Yeah, it’s like the old Raging Crusade game. I was relatively good at that. . .”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but if it’s like this, then we’ll give it a shot.”

By this time, the two mechs that appeared to be scouting have just about reached you, their legs and arms tucked back up under the main body. They really do look just like fighter jets now.

[ ] Open fire
[ ] Wait for the woman to attack.
[ ] Panic and flee.
[ ] Move for cover.
>> No. 59527
[X] Open get
>> No. 59532
[x] Wait for the woman to attack.

Eh.
>> No. 59545
Plans are for Lelouche-types!

[x] OPEN FIRE ON EVERYTHING THAT MOVES.
>> No. 59547
[x] Wait for the woman to attack.
>> No. 59549
[x] Wait for the woman to attack.
We have a long-range mech, it'll be better not to draw attention to ourselves.
>> No. 59552
[x] Wait for the woman to attack.

but guns-a-blazing is so much more fun....
>> No. 59553
>>59552

ALL GUNS BLAZING is always the best way to die, my friend. There is no man who would choose anything over the opportunity to die with barrells spitting fire in his hands.
>> No. 59554
[ ] Open fire

If this is really based on SRW, we're going to get our ass kicked anyways until our heroic resolve kicks in.
>> No. 59645
[X] Wait for the woman to attack.

Doing some kind of Gundam SEED introduction SRTJ-style? I like it so far.

>Inside the warehouse you’re greeted by the sight of two very large mechs laying down. One is painted red with what appears to be two large stakes one attached to each arm.

Is this some Alteisen I see here? I approve.
>> No. 59745
[x] Wait for the woman to attack.

I wonder when this anon will find ACE pilot Cirno from the nineball squad.
>> No. 59758
File 122175760460.jpg - (11.15KB , 160x184 , Nine ball.jpg ) [iqdb]
59758
>>59745
It'd be even better if she was piloting Nine Ball, though that might be a little out of theme.
>> No. 59759
>>59758
yep, the nineball isn't something i can see Cirno piloting, maybe an ice elemental machine like SRW original masoukishin Goddess or SRW D Glacies's Fabularis
>> No. 59845
(Apologies are in order for the delay, explanations are not. Also, I forgot to include the unit stats in the previous post. Again, my apologies.)

Yuurei MK III B- Experimental

5700/5700 hp
120/120 en
Pilot: Mysterious Woman

Turtle TRC-031
6000/6000
150/150 en
Pilot: Kohana Mizuha

[ ] Wait for the woman to attack.

As the two jets close the distance rapidly, the woman leaps into action. Jets blazing, she slams one of the stakes into the closer of the two, sending it spiraling wildly off to one side. However, the second one has dropped it’s arms and legs down again and deftly avoids the second stake. It’s momentary pause allows you the perfect shot. Your shoulder cannons roar to life as the artillery shells fly out of your barrels scoring a direct hit to the Jet. It wobbles a bit but manages to remain airborne.
Jerking from the unexpected recoil, you accidentally make your mech back into the building behind you. Seconds later, several missiles slam into you from the side, and the jet which has now formed up into what looks like a humanoid robot. You scream as the mech shakes violently.

Enemy: BFV-01j a
500/3700 hp
100/100 en

Enemy: BFV- 01j b
100/3700 hp
100/100 en

Turtle TRC- 031
4500/6000 hp
150/150 en
Shoulder artillery ammo: 4/5

The three mechs who were working on patching the hole in the colony now seem to be more interested in the fight that’s going on. With their legs and arms folding up underneath, they begin to head in your direction.

Round 2 -

“Damn. I really thought that I’d be able to almost one shot both of them. Nice hit there when it dodged. Let’s finish off these bastards here, then get those late comers.”

“Th- there‘s more of them?! I- I don‘t think I can do this!” The loud thunk of your shoulder cannons being automatically reloaded rattles your already semi-frayed nerves. What the hell were you thinking. You can’t do this! You may have hit that one jet, sure, but that was nothing but luck. This was nothing like the game you used to play! This was real!
"You HAVE to do it! You've got no choice in the matter! i can't be keeping your ass safe and kicking their's at the same time you know! So either you back me up so we can rip 'em to pieces, or you run like hell and hope, just hope, they're too busy with me to come after you!"

[ ] Run
[ ] Fight
>> No. 59852
[x] Fight

Act as distraction and tank the attacks, our more skilled ally will take care of the enemies.
>> No. 59854
[x] Fight or Flight? That is what animals do.
[x] No, I will KILL.
>> No. 59856
[x] Fight

"Run" isn't even in my dictionary!
>> No. 59857
>>59856
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/run
>> No. 59863
[x] Fight

where is the battle music?
>> No. 59866
[x] Fight
[x] Spirit - Focus
>> No. 59878
>>59863
Ah, i'm forgetting so many things.
For the mysterious woman's attack,
BGM- Disc 2, 02.Hiroshi Tetsu no Ko Okami

For Kohana's attack,
BGM- Disc 2, 19.RAIL TO THE DANGERZONE
>> No. 59892
for those who can't be bothered with downloading SRW music, here's Rail to the dangerzone in cheap midi format.

http://srwmidi.knumh.com/srw/srw_og2_railtothedangerzone.mid

the main page of the site with SRW midis between other mecha series:

http://srwmidi.knumh.com/srw.html
>> No. 59895
>>59878
>For Kohana's attack,
>BGM- Disc 2, 19.RAIL TO THE DANGERZONE

Russel wants his theme back. he fought long and hard to be the only one to have it as everyone else got their own custom themes. He may be pathetic, but he has hsi pride dammit!

Also [x] Flee! Flee like a little girl!
>> No. 59899
[X] RUn
>> No. 59901
[X]Fight
If we stick around we might even get a super
>> No. 59902
[x] Fight
>> No. 59909
[X] Fight

>>For the mysterious woman's attack,
BGM- Disc 2, 02.Hiroshi Tetsu no Ko Okami

Alteisen confirmed?
>> No. 59911
File 122195480648.jpg - (391.99KB , 975x900 , c8aaa6f70315c4af1c258ed964a70b01.jpg ) [iqdb]
59911
MOAR MECHA MOAR UPDATES WHERE
>> No. 59915
[ ] Barrage the remaining mech

This is the only path.
>> No. 59916
File 122196476626.jpg - (25.00KB , 400x300 , an_heero.jpg ) [iqdb]
59916
[X] Move in close, attempt to get a hold of the enemy.
[X] Activate the self-destruct system while still on-board.

GENTLEMEN! THIS WILL WORK!
>> No. 59918
BGM- Disc 2, 19.RAIL TO THE DANGERZONE

“I-I’ll fight. . .” You hope that you sound more confidant than you actually are.

“Good. Now get ready. Here come those other three. You try and finish off the two weakened ones, I’ll get the others.” And with that the mysterious woman leaps towards the three incoming. You’re now left with the two damaged targets. One clean shot should finish either one of them, supposing you can actually land a shot. Now, which target to go. . .

“SHIT!” one of the jets were right in front of you now. It was close enough that you could almost see the pilot. You respond by hitting just about every button you can reach in the cockpit. “FIRE, FIRE, FIRE. DO SOMETHING! HIT IT PLEASE!”

The two shoulder guns roar to life as another gun flips out from the side and fires several shots in a random direction. Two missiles also launch off of the back of the mech and shoot off towards where the mysterious woman had run off.

“WATCH WHERE YOU’RE FIRING!”

“SORRY!”

Your relentless barrage somehow did little to hit the mech directly in front of you. Reflexively you brace for the blow you know will come, but somehow, miraculously, you’re spared that. One of your rounds flew into a nearby car and the explosive force, combined with the fuel exploding sent it flying into the mech directly in front of you. Saved by sheer luck. The other mech largely escaped your withering assault, and launches one of it’s own, staying a good distance away from you. Especially after that last barrage. Several missiles slam into you from the side. The mech stumbles to the side crashing into several buildings. Somehow you manage to remain standing.

Enemy: BFV-01j a
Destroyed.

Enemy: BFV- 01j b
100/3700 hp
100/100 en

Turtle TRC- 031
3000/6000 hp
150/150 en
Shoulder artillery ammo: 3/5
Side gun ammo: 4/5
Split Missiles: 1/ 2

[ ] Barrage the remaining mech
[ ] Try and pick off the remaining mech
[ ] Move in close for the kill
>> No. 59920
>Apple!4rdinBN.26

Did you want people to see what I saw?
>> No. 59921
>One of your rounds flew into a nearby car and the explosive force, combined with the fuel exploding sent it flying into the mech directly in front of you.
So do we have the 'Luck' skill?

[X] Try and pick off the remaining mech
[X] Side Gun
Assuming we know which button does what, we gotta save ammo in case reinforcements arrive
>> No. 59926
[x] Try and pick off the remaining mech

Attack with the sidegun. Usually sideguns have more accuracy than cannons, so i guess its the best choice for a near death high agility unit
>> No. 59931
[x] Try and pick off the remaining mech
[x] Side Gun

Kay-o.
>> No. 61116
[ ] Try and pick off the remaining mech

BGM: Disc 2, 19.RAIL TO THE DANGERZONE

The side gun whips up into place and the mech grabs a hold of it. Your hands are still shaking as you try and line up the targeting reticule with the enemy mech. However, you don’t seem to have the luxury of time. Pushing itself up from the street it was lying on, the enemy mech seems to be getting ready to launch another missile attack at you.

The first two missiles fly wild, missing you by wide margins. You scream slightly and slam your finger down on the firing button. The gun roars to life making the mech shake. Wildly waving the controls, bullets fly everywhere. Most of them are missing the enemy mech, but a few clip it. You finally manage to get the gun under enough control that you’re firing mostly in the direction of the enemy mech, however, you’re still not hitting it. Suddenly, the gun starts clicking loudly, indicating that it’s run out of ammo. The enemy mech is still standing as well. It begins to advance on you. Just as you’re about to flee, there’s a loud cracking noise. Turning swiftly, the enemy mech is treated to the sight of the building behind it crashing down on top of it. The resultant explosion sends debris flying everywhere, including into your mech. You scream again as the mech shakes violently and falls to the ground.

You somehow manage to get the mech standing again, despite the fact that you’re shaking violently. Looking towards where the mysterious woman had run off to, you see her beating one of the enemy mechs with what appears to be it’s own arm.

“Take THAT. and THAT. AND THAT!” The mech pulls back for another blow, “Maybe that’ll learn ya to attack MY colony, ESPECIALLY during my lunch break. Bastards” Tossing the arm on top of the now disabled mech, she turns to face you. “Not too bad for a first outing. How you holdin up over there?”

“I-I-I th-think I-I’m fine. . . A-a-a little sh-shaken up but. . .” You trail off.

“Well, enough of all that, let’s see what they were messing with. . .” The mysterious woman trails off.


-End Episode 1-

-Intermission screen-

[ ] Upgrades- unavailable at this point.
[ ] Pilots - unavailable at this point.
[ ] Sub Missions - unavailable at this point.
[ ] Armaments - unavailable at this point.
[x] Next Mission

- Intermission screen exit-

“What on earth is this?” The mysterious woman looks down into the hole at what appears to be a ship that’s been welded to the hull.

“I don’t know. . . Maybe it’s some sort of troop transport?” You chime in hopefully.

“Can’t be. It’s too small for anything other than ground troops. Since they sent so few mechs in to start with, I doubt that there’s ground forces in there.

The two of you stand there with your cockpits open conversing about this strange development.

“If I didn’t know better I’d almost say. . .” The mysterious woman is cut off as the doors on the ship begin to open. The mysterious woman nearly jumps off of her mech when the radio screams to life.

“ORANGE! ORANGE! ANSWER ME! THAT SHIP’S FULL OF POISON GAS, GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE!”

The mysterious woman’s eyes fly wide. “Shit! Lock down your mech’s vents. NOW!”

“Eh-What? I don’t know how!” You flail around in the cockpit, looking for the right controls.

“God damn it!” Orange dives into her mech, the doors slamming shut. Yours follows suit quite quickly, the words ‘Command Override’ flashing on the screen.

“We’re moving out! Your mech’s set to follow mine, so don’t worry.”

“Orange. Respond. Are you still alive?”

“Damnit, Akyu, I don’t have time for this. I’ve got a neophyte here, and I’ve got to try and keep her alive through all of this!” Orange snaps back.

“Finally. We’ve some serious problems here. They’ve hacked the control system for the colony. We can’t eject the decompression shelters externally. Seeing as you’re the only unit still functional inside the colony, you’ve to make it to the central control spire, or to as many of the shelters as possible and release them manually. Unless you want me to blast in there, and do it myself?”

Orange growls. “Fucking bastards. First they interrupt my lunch, now they’re trying to kill everyone? I’ll have their heads on a pike for this!”

“You’ve roughly ten minutes to either override from the spire, or release as many of the shelters as you can.”

BGM: Disc 1 - 05.Itsuka Kuru Beki Nichi Notameni

Episode 2 - From the Lion’s Jaws.

Turtle TRC- 031
2500/6000 hp
150/150 en
Shoulder artillery ammo: 3/5
Side gun ammo: 0/5
Split Missiles: 1/ 2

Yuurei MK III B- Experimental
4700/5700 hp
750/120 en

“Don’t stick this on me, Akyu! Don’t you DARE stick this on me! Someone else has to be up and running still!”

“No. I’m sorry. You’re the only one left. They’ve managed to get everyone else. Those variable formation jets that they have murdered our Yuurei MK II’s.” There’s a tinge of sadness in the otherwise monotone voice.

“Damn it. Damn it. DAMN IT. Those fucks will PAY!” You hear a loud thud from Orange’s mech. “I’ll rip their guts out and wear them for garters!” Orange snarls. “They’ll wish they’d never been born.”

Orange seems to realize that you’re still here at this point. “Err. . . Damn it. I’ve gotta keep you alive too. . . Shit! Do you think you could handle fighting your way through. . . Akyu, what’s between me and the spire?”

“One moment. . . Oh this isn’t good. There’s about 8 of those jets, and one unidentified unit. I can’t get a decent scan on it from here, so it’s specs are unknown. It’s your call Orange.”

“Damn it. I can’t ask you to do that, kiddo. Akyu, we’ll. . .”

[ ] Tell Orange that you can still fight.
[ ] Remain silent.
>> No. 61139
[x] Be silent for second, gather your strength.
[x] "Heh. Let's DANCE."
>> No. 61153
>Orange

Holy shit.

[x] Be silent for second, gather your strength.
[x] "Heh. Let's DANCE."
>> No. 61161
>>61139
Not exactly staying to type there anon. We are, after all, a failure.

[x] I... I'll fight! I-i have friends out there! I don't want them to d-die!
>> No. 61208
[x] Be silent for second, gather your strength.
[x] "Heh. Let's DANCE."
[X]Menu-Status-Pilot Info
>> No. 61217
[x] Be silent for second, gather your strength.
[x] "Heh. Let's DANCE."
>> No. 61219
>>61161

Hm, it seems to be gaining traction anyway. I'll propose this modification then.

[x] Even so, it's obvious that you're trying to convince yourself as much as the others.
>> No. 61252
[X] Tell Orange that you can still fight.

Got, friends, to, protect, etc.

>>61116

I noticed just now, but:

>>Yuurei MK III B- Experimental

Gespenst MK III aka Alteisen?
Oh, and:

>>750/120 en

?_?

Also the poison gas reminds me of the Elpis Incident from OG.
...
Does that mean we are Elzam and will soon lose Cattleya(Orange)?
>> No. 61616
supposed to be 75/120 en.
--
[ ] Tell Orange you can still fight.

You take a deep breath to attempt to calm your already frayed nerves.

“Let’s. . . nce. . .” You mutter half aloud.

“. . . Eh? Did you say something?” Orange’s mech turns to face you.

“I. . . fr. . . out there. . .” Your voice barely audible.

“I must be hearing things. Ok, Akyu, we’ll try to--”

You slam your fists down on your console. Why can’t you do this? Why can’t you say this!

“I-I’LL FIGHT!” you yell at the top of your lungs. Orange’s mech lurches to the side in surprise from your outburst.

“Well. . . that was certainly a surprise. Now, if you hadn’t announced it to everyone within earshot of your external speakers, we’d be doing good about now.”

“Eh? My wha. . .” You look down at where your fists had landed on the console. Apparently, when you slammed your fists down, you’d activated your external speakers. Announcing your will to fight to everyone with in earshot. Which meant all of those enemy jets were now converging on your position. You sigh. This has been a total cockup since the word go. You leveled several city blocks in your early fight, almost hit Orange several times, and now you’d just given up the element of surprise. Bang up day all around!

“Shit. Here they come! Akyu, we’re going for the spire. C’mon, girl, we’ve got work to do.”

The enemy was advancing in formation, split into two waves. two in the first, four in the second. Two of the jets are hanging back towards the unidentified mech, seeming to be it’s personal guard.

The radio in your cockpit crackled as an imperious, yet tiny, voice barked orders from some other place. "Alright! Okay-2: Fire into the second wave! Okay-1: Take care of the first! Now move out!"

BGM: Disc 2 - Hiroshi Tetsu no Ko Okami

“Understood!” Orange’s thrusters roar to life as she launches toward the first wave. As she’s closing the distance, several missiles slam into her from the second wave. The mech spins wildly before landing next to you. Struggling to it’s feet, Orange curses loudly.

Yuurei MK III B- Experimental
3500/5700 hp
60/120 en

The mechs continue to close in on the pair of you.

[ ] Fire at the first wave.
[ ] Fire at the second wave.
>> No. 61617
[x] Fire at the second wave.

As ordered.
>> No. 61625
[X] Fire at the second wave.
Knowing our luck, something will definitely happen.
>> No. 61733
[x] Fire at the second wave.
>> No. 61887
You guys are doing it wrong.

[x] Fire at the second particle.
>> No. 61900
This story looks fun.
[X] Fire at the second wave.
and a suggestion for when we can: Target the escorted mech; destroying their leader is a valid tactic. On the other hand, we may be screwed anyway, trying to engage 8 units in a nearly completely inexperienced state.
>> No. 62505
Your shoulder cannons roar to life before you even realize that you’ve hit the trigger. This time, however, your mech shakes much more violently than before. A small scream echoes about the cockpit and you feel your face burning from the realization that it was you who screamed. The shots arc high, soaring over the tops of the two closer mechs before coming down on the second wave. Three of the mechs scatter from where the shots are rapidly closing in on, but one of them transforms and begins shooting at the incoming blast. Realizing too late that they’re solid rounds and not rockets, the mech attempts to escape only to have both shells slam into it. The resultant explosion destabilizes the mech that was closer to it. The other two shudder slightly, but maintain their balance.

BGM: Disc 2 - Hiroshi Tetsu no Ko Okami

Orange takes this opportunity to launch herself forward, attempting to attack the two oncoming mechs, only to be knocked back, again, by the two mechs from the second wave that weren’t off balance.

Yuurei MK III B- Experimental
2000/5700 hp
45/120 en


By this time the two mechs that had been charging reach you and transform. You’re now face to face with two mechs, Orange is still in the process of getting up, and you have no short range ammo. The arms of the mech fly up as you brace for the blow that you know is going to come. However, that blow never comes.

BGM: Disc 2 - 03.Hakugin no Datenshi

“Yoo~ Hooo~” A voice calls from somewhere above. Glancing up you see a mech that looks quite similar to Orange’s, but is light blue in colour. The two mechs in front of you look up only to be cut cleanly in half by a laser from the blue mech above. It swoops down and lands between you and the reaming three charging mechs.

“About damn time, Kurumi.”

“Well, excuuuuuuuse me. This mech wasn’t easy to come by. I had to ah. . . Borrow it from it’s previous owner, and his asking price was a bit steep. So I had to make him come down on it. hehe.” The girl in the blue mech giggles. “OH! I almost forgot. I have a couple of repair kits I snagged in this deal, Looks like the pair of you two could use them.”


Yuurei MK III B- Experimental
5700/5700 hp
120/120 en

Turtle TRC- 031
4000/6000 hp
150/150 en
Shoulder artillery ammo: 2/5
Side gun ammo: 0/5
Split Missiles: 1/ 2

Yuurei MK III S- MP
4500/4500 hp
130/170 en

“ALRIGHT!” Orange sounds pumped now. “Now that our unbeatable team is reassembled, there’s no foe we cannot beat! ONWARD TO VICTORY!”

“YEAH!” you hear Kurumi cheer, and then giggle again.

“Y-y-yeah!” You manage to squeak out.

“Oh? Picked yourself up a new little one, Orange? That’s soooo like you.” Kurumi laughs this time.

“We don’t have time to discuss this right now, Kurumi, We’ve got ass to kick and a colony to save. Plus, they interrupted my lunch. Now? They die.”
“Ja wol~ My captain~” Kurumi claps to this.

Your radio crackles to life again, with the tiny voice pouring out of it. “Ah, I see Kurumi has joined you. Change of orders then. Okay-1 and Okay-3: charge the command mech. Okay-2: Cover them. Move out!”

The radio falls silent. Orange and Kurumi launch forward in one smooth coordinated motion.

[ ] Fire into the group of two mechs.
[ ] Fire onto the solo mech.
[ ] Try and hit the command mech.
>> No. 62506
[x] Fire into the group of two mechs.
>> No. 62539
[x] Fire into the group of two mechs.

Shit, I forgot which "Okay" we were.
>> No. 62599
[X] Fire into the group of two mechs.

First Orange in Alteisen and now Kurumi in Weissritter? It just keeps getting better. Now we only need Rampage Ghost, including some modified dialogue.

>>62539

I think we are Okay 2.
>> No. 69601
Whatever happened to this?
>> No. 69610
>>69601

It died, Jim.