[Return]
Archived thread

File 122124916849.jpg - (70.45KB , 300x800 , touhou-biology.jpg ) [iqdb]
59292 No. 59292
"Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo.” You state, your voice curiously flat. “Children spend at least twelve years learning these things simply because knowledge and technology is, in this modern world, crucial to our lives.” Looking away from Marisa, your gaze sweeps over the tower blocks you can see peeking over the outer walls of the zoo. “ I spent over eighteen years myself, and even then I don't know everything there is to know about the world - not even a fraction of it in fact. You're a magician, perhaps you understand how amazing it is for you to discover some new kind of magic?” The girl nods at your question, though you only see her do it out of the corner of her eye. “It is a similar thing here. People are just as zealous for learning about the world, what it's made of, what lives in it, the history of it and of course - how everything came to be - as you are for learning magic.”

“I won't claim to know everything,” you whisper, “But I will say that I was chosen by my government, the people who run this country, because I know the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world." You frown slightly, you suspected there were other reasons as to why you had been chosen, what with your family being a long line of priests and shrine maidens, but it was true that you knew everything they needed to know.

Actually... why not show off a bit?

"If you really must know,” You begin, adopting a lecturing tone, “These big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them to do so. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients, such as water and minerals leeched from the ground. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb from the sun.” You notice that Keine has perked up considerably and seems to be listening in interest, while Marisa's eyes appear to be going blank. Nevertheless you keep going in your explanation. “Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, they have to convert the plants they eat into energy they can use. They're gaining perhaps only ten percent of the energy the sunlight originally gave to the plants, with very large animals and very small animals this is generally an economically sound manner of survival - mid sized animals need to be a bit more efficient in extracting the energy though.” You nod to yourself, then smirk slightly at Marisa's slightly awed blank look of confusion. “Of course then we must consider their predators, you see animals that eat other animals get perhaps only one percent of the total original energy - on a weight for weight basis of course. In an equal weight of meat and plant, a plant may contain up to five or six times the nutritional energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or couple of animals, plants make more sense for something so large it needs a lot of energy - don't you think?" You smirk to yourself, then grin at Marisa, “Besides, you don't have to chase down a plant to eat it, so you don't waste energy catching lunch.”

“B-but...” Marisa begins, then shakes her head and glares at you. “There are huge youkai in the forest of magic!” she declares, “bigger than any 'ri-no' or 'ell-ee-fant' you have! How do you explain then then, if you're so smart!” Folding her arms she smirks at you, easily confidant that you wouldn't be able to explain creatures so closely tied with magic.

Well. She'd be surprised.

“Indeed, that is a difficult question.” You begin, “But based upon the information I have received from you all over the past few days, I can lay out a reasonable hypothesis as to how large youkai are capable of surviving despite seemingly breaking the natural order of biology.” Marisa stares at you in horror and even Keine seems somewhat shocked by your declaration. By now the other three girls, curious as to what you were discussing, had wandered over to listen in.

“First three facts must be established; the fact that youkai require belief - or magic created by belief - to survive, and the fact that there is an ambient field of this magical belief in the world. The third fact is that only recently has the belief outside your Gensokyo become high enough for youkai to survive.” Keine, as well as Komachi and Meiling, nod - this was all pretty obvious after all. “Now, taking these into account my hypothesis is that youkai use the ambient magic of an environment as a supplementary energy source of some kind, perhaps using it to provide them with energy - like plants in the sun - or perhaps using it to shore up certain bodily functions so that they don't need to expend their own energy on them, this would be like a reptile using the sun to heat itself rather than making it's own body heat.” moving into full on lecture mode, you continue. “In fact I believe a few simple tests and questions could pin down the answer further, if youkai are capable of existing without eating at all then we can safely assume the first scenario - that youkai absorb energy directly from the magical field of belief they are inhabiting. On the other hand, if youkai do need to eat now and then we can instead assume that youkai use the ambient magic to replace several body functions and use what energy they gain from consumption to power the remaining functions instead. Naturally this leaves some scope for discussion, as it was implied to me that youkai need belief about themselves to live also - though this could easily be explained as a youkai needing a particular 'flavor' or 'wavelength' of belief-formed ambient magic in order to survive.”

You lean down and stare Marisa in the eye.

“Or,” you say, “It could all just happen in some way that no-one knows of yet, that's how science and, I assume, magical knowledge is - just because we don't know what's happening it doesn't mean it isn't happening.”

“You...” Marisa mutters, her face red. “You... You stupid-head!” she yells, reaching down for something in her pocket... only to stop and pat her pocket frantically before seemingly remembering something and instead delivering a vicious kick to your shin before turning away and crossing her arms in an evident sulk.

“That was most...” Keine pauses and frowns slightly, “Well, I can't say I agree with your theory on youkai survival - not without at least hearing from someone such as Lady Patchouli or perhaps Ms. Margatroid - the two more, ah, knowledgeable magical researchers I know of.” She nods, “Perhaps Doctor Eirin would be worth speaking with also - as much as I dislike the arrogant woman she is admittedly the most well versed in medical understanding of humans and youkai in Gensokyo. Though I doubt she would deign to enlighten anyone of a lesser standing than that which she perceives herself to possess.”

“I... is that so?” You mumble, a little surprised at the look of anger on Keine's face when she mentions this 'Doctor Eirin'. “Well... any hyphothesis should be peer reviewed, yes, that's just good science, but this is the only one I can come up with based on what I know at the moment - and I must say I don't have the slightest clue where death gods or ghosts would fit into it.”

“I think,” Meiling pipes up, causing you to glance at her, “Maybe we should... uhm... see something else?” She glances over at Marisa, then back at you before mouthing the words “I don't want to get blasted!” at you. Frankly you know exactly where she's coming from...

Fine. It wasn't like you couldn't bring the more interested members of your group back to the zoo another day if you had to. For now you had better find something to hopefully distract Marisa from being angry...


Pick one. 1 choice remaining.
[ ] Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.
[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
[ ] Looking in on the Bugs and Butterflies at the 'Insectarium'

>> No. 59294
>[ ] Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.
Might be interesting, to a degree. Letty'd likely sit this one out though, Marisa might find it interesting to see the cold blooded animals you were talking about before.

>[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

This might interest marisa, as it'd be bright and flashy. Can't really think of a pursuasive arguement against it.

>[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
The big animals aren't going to impress Marisa any more. She's gonna be PO'd if you show her large things.

>[ ] Looking in on the Bugs and Butterflies at the 'Insectarium'
. . . Yeah. Girls + insects = no. Plus, we lack a wriggle for this to be interesting to.

so I'm gonna go with. . .

[ ] Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.

Just to see if AD's gonna pull another air conditioner.
>> No. 59295
>>59294
I like how long it took you to read this.
>> No. 59296
>[x] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

Peacocks!
>> No. 59298
>>59295
I'm a fast reader. So sue me. I can get through a standard length novel in about 2 hours. Harry Potter books, usually less than that.
>> No. 59299
>>59292
>what with your family being a long line of priests and shrine maidens
So yeah, I'm thinking we should think about this a lot more in-depth, sooner or later.
>> No. 59301
{X} Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.
>> No. 59302
[Q] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

>>59294
He already said twice that he wouldn't repeat that. Letty would just sit out somewhere else.
>> No. 59303
>>59298
Maybe.

But subtract AD's posting time from your posting time, and see what you get.
>> No. 59304
[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

Something tells me Meiling would like it. Also its pretty; what girl doesn't like pretty? Letty might talk about Cirno and Mystia. Maybe they'll have songbirds?

Reptile house:
Can't really think of any bonus there, plus it will be hot.

Big Cats:
We just saw big creatures. Don't want more of the same. Not to mention large predators would undermine our lecture we just made to a degree.

Insects:
Butterflies might be of interest.


Govtanon is an ass.
>> No. 59305
[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

Nothing says distraction like a bright rainbow of colors.
>> No. 59306
>>59303
Oh. 7 minutes. Niiiiice. heh.
>> No. 59307
>Govtanon is an ass.

huh?

[x] Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.

Giant tortoises that live hundreds of years and maybe even a Komodo dragon!
>> No. 59308
[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

It would be quite humiliating if a bird pooped on somebody.

Also aren't apiaries for bees?

I think birds live in aviaries.
>> No. 59309
File 12212520766.jpg - (36.89KB , 480x400 , mystia003.jpg ) [iqdb]
59309
[X] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

Birdies!
>> No. 59311
>>59308

[X] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
>> No. 59313
[X] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
>> No. 59324
>>59308
Well shit. Someone saw through my cunning plan to sting the touhous to death.

Or i fooked up and didn't realize, which is more likely.
>> No. 59336
[+] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Aviary'.
fixed and voted
>> No. 59337
>>59324
They can graze the bees, anyway.
>> No. 59347
[X] Big felines, lions options

get in the car
>> No. 59349
[+] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Aviary'.
>> No. 59351
File 122126992762.jpg - (61.87KB , 1117x365 , stupidlittlejoke.jpg ) [iqdb]
59351
>> No. 59352
File 122127073385.jpg - (32.55KB , 504x500 , dogeatingbees.jpg ) [iqdb]
59352
>>59351
>> No. 59800
TO THE TOP WITH YE
>> No. 59806
>>59352

Why the fuck do I laugh at this?
>> No. 59814
You're not the only one laughing. I don't quite understand it yet, I find it extremely hilarious.
>> No. 59992
“Ugh...” You groan and look at the girls nearby. “Lets go see the birds,” you say, “no-one can have anything bad to say about birds, right?”

“Except crows.” Marisa grumbles, “And night sparrows. Ravens too. They're all stupid, ugly or ugly and stupid.”

You curse under your breath, drawing glances from Letty, Meiling and Keine - the former two giving you a slight look of understanding, while the latter puts on a slightly scandalized expression. Feeling that perhaps you should get the party going to distract everybody at this point, you put on a forced smile and point in the direction of the aviaries. “This way!” You declare, and promptly walk off - hoping the girls would follow. What had been a good day was quickly heading downhill, and you hoped desperately that you would be able to stop it before things ended up being blown up. Such as, for instance, yourself.

The aviary area consisted of many, many large wire cages arranged to form little paths and avenues between them so that most, if not all, of them could be seen into from all directions. Marisa, who had stormed ahead the moment they were in sight, could be seen flitting from one cage to another - looking in, losing interest and moving on. You were pretty sure that sooner or later she would be coming back to you in order to complain that she was bored of it all. Thankfully the others didn't seem too bad, Letty was particularly interested in the brightly colored birds, and Meiling was tagging along with her. Given what you knew about the lavender-haired woman, you were pretty sure she had never seen many birds in her life, constrained to the colder months as she was when birds usually left for warmer climates. Still, they looked like they were having fun, which was a definite plus in your book.

Komachi... hadn't exactly been thrilled with the whole zoo idea from the get go really, but she didn't seem to be protesting overly much either. You suspected that she would have had far more fun had she been allowed to simply find someplace to sleep instead. Keine, despite a few hiccups, seemed to be happy enough to be learning new things about animals - though it was clear she would rather be learning about history.

And Marisa... Marisa... well... An idea popped into your head then, inspired by a sign you saw pasted up on a fence, one that was fiendish and quite mean. “Hay, Marisa,” you call out, “Want to see the really cool birds?”

The blond paused where she had been taunting a pheasant and looked at you. “What?” She called back, “There's no such thing!”

“Then you, Marisa, have obviously never seen Birds of Prey.”


Just over an hour later and you, as well as everyone else, were in relatively high spirits. Well, okay, Keine was looking perhaps a touch nauseous, and you weren't exactly far off either. The flying displays of the trained birds had been fun to watch, the falconer's speeches interesting, and the birds themselves have been vicious or awesome enough to even placate Marisa.

Then they had been fed. With live chicks.

Meiling and Letty didn't seem to have a problem with it, and on an intellectual level you didn't either - but actually seeing a chick get ripped apart turned your stomach. Meanwhile Marisa had even gone so far as to stroke one of the owls! Apparently if you stuck a finger sideways in it's beak, it couldn't do a thing to you as the only sharp part was the hook and it had no real biting strength at all... Not that this fact stopped you from imagining scenarios of doom in which Marisa lost a finger and then reduced the zoo to ashes in anger. Naturally, once Marisa had done it all the girls had to have a stroke too, including Komachi who was showing her first hint of real interest all day.

Following that, and the beginning of a spring shower, the six of your took shelter in what was a combination gift shop and cafe. Cool drinks and ice-cream all around had also improved everyone's mood, and the quick spree in the gift shop itself had only made things better... and weird, as Letty had bought almost enough plush toys to make herself a fur coat out of them if she had wanted to. Curiously Meiling had done the same, although she had picked different varieties and even a few extras... along with a few other bits and pieces. It was obvious that the girls were buying gifts for people they knew, and from the veritable wall of plush toys, you were guessing quite a lot of those people were children... or at least had childish mentalities. Komachi, too, had bought a stuffed toy - and had practically laughed her ass off all the while - though why you had no idea. It was strangely interesting seeing what these girls considered suitable gifts and it was only right given that you were paying for the lot. Keine had been unusually secretive with what she had bought - aside from yet another stackload of plush toys you assumed were for her old class of children and a few books for herself - but it eventually turned out she'd bought a rather lovely red pin in the shape of a bird. Lastly there was Marisa, who was the only person who hadn't bought any plush toys at all, instead picking up a small decorative print and a couple of textbooks.

Finally, after the group had made a big enough dent in the military's budget for one day... you had begun the trip home, and all you were left to worry about for several more miles was the condition of the road, and what to have for dinner.


[ ] Consider requesting Meilin's help in cooking.
[ ] Make a decision on asking for Keine's assistance.

Obviously this will lead to recipes you can actually cook yourself - which is why the other three girls aren't available, though once all five have been seen then you can see them again... though unless I find some awesome foods, don't expect new recipes from them very often.

Yes, you know what this post is... MASS SKIPPING AHEAD. Seriously, I got so damn bogged down on this one I decided to bit the bullet, gun the engines and get something out. From now on i'm gonna try approaching these the same way I do TP:DOS - fun to write first, and no forcing walls unless they come without much trouble.
>> No. 59995
[X] Consider requesting Meiling's help in cooking.
>> No. 59997
[+] Consider requesting Meilin's help in cooking.

It's alright, AD. We're just glad to see this updated. Chill.
>> No. 59998
[x] Consider requesting Meiling's help in cooking.

I'm up for Chinese.
>> No. 59999
[x] Consider requesting Meiling's help in cooking.
>> No. 60001
[Q] Consider requesting Meilin's help in cooking.
>> No. 60003
[ ] Make a decision on asking for Keine's assistance.

Keina has been too neglected.
>> No. 60004
>>60003

Agreed.

[ ] Make a decision on asking for Keine's assistance.
>> No. 60005
File 122213491555.jpg - (289.33KB , 650x650 , 752d7f1cd93f705be9b22fa0cf410af8.jpg ) [iqdb]
60005
[ x ] Consider requesting Meilin's help in cooking.
>> No. 60006
File 122213552754.jpg - (174.08KB , 850x1138 , sample-a4d3aab9731d1cbb88f08958f93c7e0a.jpg ) [iqdb]
60006
[ x ] Consider requesting Meilin's help in cooking.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>> No. 60014
[/] Consider requesting Meilin's help in cooking.
>> No. 60015
{X} Consider requesting Meiling's help in cooking.
>> No. 60018
File 12221461176.jpg - (313.87KB , 500x577 , 122195505592.jpg ) [iqdb]
60018
I'd have thought Keine would get 2 specific plushies, but a pin is fine too.

And so we once again come to Keine vs Meiling. Two women Anon can't help but to love. Who should win? Its hard to say. I like both.


[%] Consider requesting Meilin's help in cooking.
>> No. 60023
[X] Consider requesting Meiling's help in cooking.
>> No. 60028
File 122218940367.gif - (19.47KB , 341x275 , cownchicken_cartoons.gif ) [iqdb]
60028
>>60018

What?
>> No. 60029
>>60018
>>60028

FUCK
>> No. 60030
File 122219088425.gif - (168.02KB , 256x144 , 1186532045642.gif ) [iqdb]
60030
>>60028
>> No. 60031
File 122219204010.png - (258.24KB , 495x361 , 121784726873.png ) [iqdb]
60031
>>60028
>> No. 60032
File 122219241886.jpg - (10.37KB , 320x240 , gfd.jpg ) [iqdb]
60032
>>60028
>> No. 60033
File 122219302455.jpg - (129.96KB , 689x313 , 1222183155430.jpg ) [iqdb]
60033
>>60028
>> No. 60034
>>60028
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-
>> No. 60035
File 122219358055.jpg - (29.77KB , 252x346 , 120969054593.jpg ) [iqdb]
60035
>>60028
>> No. 60036
File 122219406720.jpg - (59.05KB , 376x403 , 120976727950.jpg ) [iqdb]
60036
>>60028
>> No. 60037
>>60028
Well played, Anon. Well played.
>> No. 60038
File 122219659953.gif - (53.93KB , 361x365 , Bear cry.gif ) [iqdb]
60038
>>60028
>> No. 60060
>>60028

U've lost me.
>> No. 60062
>>60060

Underage b& detected.
>> No. 60064
>>60028
I hate you.
>> No. 60068
File 122222312910.jpg - (225.71KB , 600x738 , keinechina1.jpg ) [iqdb]
60068
For the sake of our sanity, lets just forget about that horrible image and focus on what really matters:

Keine x China
>> No. 60077
>>60068

Nice edit.

I still think the original image was better, though. Delicious barely plausible Keine x Eirin...
>> No. 60092
>>60077

Bear in mind the edit was done back when YWUiG was the only show in town and we had aspirations of Keine/Anon/Meiling route?

Speaking of which, has there been an even remotely developed CYOA that has legitimately explored a harem route?
>> No. 60101
>>60092
HLA
>> No. 60127
I shall neither confirm nor deny the potential for harem endings in this.
I will say, consider very hard which girl would or would not themselves consider such a thing in their interests.
>> No. 60128
>>60092
TS
>> No. 60129
>>60068
Ahh, I remember when I did that edit. Mostly because I got banned from /jp/ shortly after posting it, despite the fact that I had posted the unedited version on numerous occasions before and nobody ever seemed to have a problem with it.

Those were the days.
>> No. 60154
File 122230102910.jpg - (212.39KB , 700x551 , 120925148362.jpg ) [iqdb]
60154
>>60128

>TS

Some might say it ain't
.
.
.
.
but it's still shit.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>> No. 60161
File 122230404580.png - (96.85KB , 450x333 , 1222296078350.png ) [iqdb]
60161
>>60154

I smiled at that and I shall hate myself till the end of the days for it. But if you're trying to make me rage, try another method, because I too think that TS was shit.
>> No. 60162
File 122230442539.png - (19.17KB , 396x548 , 1220528506058.png ) [iqdb]
60162
>TS

Clearly this anon quoting a tripfag meant all of TS.

>because I too think that TS was shit.
>because I too think that TS is shit.

Hence, fix'd that for you.
Glaring typo is glaring.
>> No. 60163
>>60162

But since TS is a thing of past, long gone in the latter pages of /shrine/, shouldn't my dislike for it be described in past tense?
>> No. 60164
File 122230475692.gif - (12.25KB , 300x300 , fullofgleesmiley.gif ) [iqdb]
60164
>>60161

Next time use:

"It was a dark and stormy night..."
>> No. 60165
>>60129
I've been wondering who did it. I remember requesting the change, and then bam you posted it. I was so happy and applaud you~

You didn't happen to work on the Sanae/XP-tan shoops also, did you? I lost them ;_;
>> No. 60166
I fail to see how LOL GENDER SWAP isn't a cheap way to re-vamp a dead horse.
>> No. 60168
File 122230527990.jpg - (21.31KB , 293x245 , songokuingoldarmor.jpg ) [iqdb]
60168
>>60164

It was a dark and stormy night,
many many weeks ago,
when the shrine became the blight,
to be wiped out in one go.
YAF the writefag,
how they called him,
checked the boxes under the posts,
with the might of striking hammer,
Clicked 'delete' like a mod.
Long and tiring his endeavours,
to select all the threads,
went in vain as it happened,
laptop's screen in blue was wrapped,
white small letters like on paper,
said the error has just happened,
and he can't delete the posts.
Quoth the writefag,
Nevermore.


feh, I'm no poet
>> No. 60169
File 122230537192.jpg - (97.71KB , 800x600 , 1212987216701.jpg ) [iqdb]
60169
>>60165

Gotcha covered.
>> No. 60170
File 122230557336.jpg - (99.58KB , 756x772 , 1204653647319.jpg ) [iqdb]
60170
>>60168

Thanks for another one-trick.
>> No. 60171
File 122230577619.gif - (73.90KB , 306x283 , malagaadvertguy.gif ) [iqdb]
60171
>>60170

Pleasure is mine.
>> No. 60174
File 122230616996.jpg - (2.36KB , 76x80 , untitled.jpg ) [iqdb]
60174
It was a dark and stormy night. Suddenly, a danmaku shot out!
A door slammed. The meido screamed.
Suddenly, a pirate ship appeared on the horizon!
While millions of people were starving, the NEET lived in luxury. Meanwhile, on a small farm in The Human Village, a boy was
being CAVED!!!.

A light snow was falling, and the boy with the
tattered shirt had not found a Touhou all day.
At that very moment, a young half-ghoast at Hakugyokurou was making an important discovery. The mysterious patient in Room 4n0N had finally awakened. He moaned softly.
Could it be that he was the brother of the boy in The Human Village who loved the boy with the tattered shirt who was the brother of the meido who had escaped from the pirates?

The half-ghoast frowned.
"SPELL CARD DECLARE!" the part-time cook shouted, and forty thousand eggs
of poultry thundered down on the tiny shop.
The two men rolled on the ground grappling beneath the murderous yolks.
A left and a right. A left. Another left and right. An uppercut to the jaw.
The fight was over. And so the lake
was saved.
The young half-ghoast sat by herself in one corner of the broken shrine. She had learned about cooking, but more importantly, she had learned something about life.

THE END
>> No. 60175
>>60174

And thus begins the epic that is TH12.
>> No. 60176
>>60175

Why so butthurt?
>> No. 60177
File 12223066922.jpg - (60.65KB , 800x600 , finefolkoflakeyantar.jpg ) [iqdb]
60177
>>60176

Why do you think so?
>> No. 60178
File 122230722913.jpg - (71.03KB , 800x600 , convulsedmess.jpg ) [iqdb]
60178
>>60177

Why shouldn't I?
>> No. 60182
File 122230744417.jpg - (152.55KB , 702x475 , whereiswally.jpg ) [iqdb]
60182
>>60178

Because it takes much more than that to irritate me and I just cleared Door to Chthon in exactly 20 seconds?
>> No. 60186
File 122230812584.jpg - (68.58KB , 407x405 , thoughtfulpup.jpg ) [iqdb]
60186
>>60182

YAF-Im a troll!
Anon-Fuck off.
YAF-Im a troll!
Anon-That's nice
YAF- TOLD YOU I WAS A TROLL LOOK AT THAT.

Typical response thread. Followed by some IRC
faggotry stating "YAF: Dude. I totally trolled /th/ today. GEASSGEASSGEASSGEASS"
>> No. 60192
>>60186

DUDE.

DOOR TO CHTHON

20 SECONDS

AND THAT LEVEL IS WAY BIGGER THAN GLOOM KEEP WHICH TAKES ME 30 SECONDS TO BEAT

I MEAN HOW MORE AWESOME CAN I GET?
>> No. 60200
>>60192

Stop talking about a shitty and overhyped game and get back to writtan'.
in after thats touhou
Jesus you whine so much about not gettin votes, its not wonder anon
says you are digging for sympathy and pity.
>> No. 60248
>>60200
>shitty
>overhyped
>Quake 1

Does not compute, good sir.


Ah, the hypocrisy is astounding, as always. Some anon attempts to troll me (>>60154), I truthfully answer that this way he's not going to succeed and has to try something else, and it is me who gets accused of being butthurt and trolling not even 10 posts after that.
In all seriousness - you guys are not worth trolling anymore. The boards move too slow, and having to wait hours for my endeavours' effects is just boring. Even #MiG is more entertaining to troll. And relatively easy, if that's of any interest to you.

Also I love how you people keep clinging to TS even after it's been abandoned and long lost in the latter pages of /shrine/... Makes me feel that I really accoplished something.
>> No. 60416
Unpacking the car had been... troublesome. The sheer number of plush toys in the back had given the impression that you had just robbed a carnival stand of some kind, and sorting out who owned what had taken time and patience. Soon enough the girls were happily carting their acquisitions to their rooms.

Except for Meiling, who you had directed towards the kitchen the moment you had got through the front door, Keine agreeing to drop her things off in her room. While you helped the other girls sort things out, you had asked Meiling to browse the kitchen to see if there was anything she thought she could make - you were still well stocked from the shopping trip so unless she wanted to make something unusual then anything was possible.

“Ah...” You sigh, stepping into the kitchen, “... You find anything interesting?”

Meiling freezes at the sound of your voice, her head and shoulders hidden behind and open cabinet door. Slowly she leans back to peek out at you before visibly relaxing... Odd, it seemed as if she had been afraid of getting caught doing something she shouldn't - but there was nothing in here you would be upset at her doing - afraid, perhaps, if she had been playing with the cooker or other appliances, but not actually angry. “Ah!” She exclaims, stepping out and away from the cabinet, “is this what I think it is?” she asks, pulling a metal item up from the counter top she had evidently placed it on earlier. It was a round object, covered in holes, with a little set of legs on the base, the whole thing was designed to fit into a normal cooking pot.

“It's a steamer,” You say, “Is that what you expected it to be?”

The red-haired woman nods happily, “Then we're making Dim Sum!” She declares, “I haven't had any in ages!” Then she seems to deflate somewhat, “... Sakuya-san doesn't let me cook anymore... and she won't make anything Lady Remilia doesn't like.” She looks at you and smiles, “Don't worry,” she says, perking up again, “I used to cook all the time before...” The woman pauses, “... anyway, I used to cook all the time!”

You can tell she's unwilling to explain further, so instead of pressing you quickly move onto formally introducing her to the various appliances and tools in your kitchen - along with some of the modern ingredients she asks you about. You suppose it's actually quite lucky that all the women who came here were able to cook... actually, no, it isn't all that unsurprising is it? Most of them apparently lived on their own or were seemingly self-sufficient, they didn't have any microwaves or ready-meals to make up either so they all pretty much had to know how to cook in order to survive.

That's depressing... you only learned to cook so you could try to impress girls (not that you ever succeeded in that) but before then you had tended to live on instant noodles and microwave meals.

You much preferred cooking like this - and not just because you were doing it with a drop-dead gorgeous woman either... although that did help significantly.

The food was prepared quickly and ranged from dumplings and small spring rolls to a bunch of other small snack-type foods you had never really tried before. On their own each one would make a nice snack, but together there was enough for a proper meal for everyone - and it had been all made so quickly too! You were definitely going to remember some of these little dishes for later...


As, it seemed, the other girls were going to do as well. Most of them seemed much more familiar with several of the foods, but a few still took them by surprise and all seemed to go down well - even Letty, who didn't normally like hot foods, was eating as much as she could and you didn't blame her - this shit was good!

Soon enough you were once again left to clear up, which you didn't really mind. The girls had all gone off to do their own things and you... well, as usual you didn't have much to do, but you supposed there were some things you probably should get around to.

[ ] Contact your family, they'll probably have heard of your moving away by now.
[ ] Get some work done - university or not, there was science to keep up with!
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Exercise with Meiling.
--- Magic 101 with Keine or Marisa.
--- Slackin' with Komachi or Letty.
>> No. 60418
File 122254133332.jpg - (49.68KB , 500x375 , dumplings.jpg ) [iqdb]
60418
Dim Sum Dumpling

Makes 16 dumplings (serves 2-4 depending on portion size. Or, yeah, you could eat 'em all yourself.)

Also, before someone inevitably messes it up...
tbsp = the LARGE spoon you usually eat with.
tsp = the SMALL spoon you usually stir drinks with.

This recipe has two parts to it:

For the Dough:
150g / 5oz - plain flour (about one and one-quarter cups)
50ml / 2fl oz - boiling water (about one-quarter cup)
25ml/ 1 1/2 tbsp cold water
7.5ml / 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil

For the filling:
75g / 3oz minced pork or prawns. (I guess other meats may work too, but fish are right out. Fake meat for vegetarians should be fine also)
45ml / 3tbsp chopped bamboo shoots (canned are fine and easier)
7.5ml / 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
5ml / 1 tsp dry sherry (I'd avoid cooking sherry, since it tends to have crap added to it that you might not want. A fairly cheap, dry drinking sherry is fine)
5ml / 1 tsp demerara sugar (thats the light brown sugar)
2.5ml / 1/2 tsp sesame oil
5ml / 1 tsp cornflour

You'll also want a pot with water, and a steamer. (I guess steamer appliances can work too, but I don't use one myself).


First, make the dough by sifting the flour into a bowl then stirring in the boiling water. Put the cold water and the oil into the mix together then keep mixing until if forms a dough. Flour up a nice flat ( and clean! ) surface, and begin to knead the dough until it's nice and smooth.

Once this is done, divide the dough into sixteen roughly equal pieces, and shape them into rough circles around 3 inches wide (you'll likely have to play around with this until you get a size you're happy with)

Next, take a bowl and mix the filling ingredients together starting from the top of the list - meat, bamboo shoots, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, oil and finally the cornflour. Stir this all until it's nicely combined.

Now the fun part - put a little of the mix onto the center of each dough circle (you'll again have to play around to get the right amount per dumpling) and lift the edges up and pinch them together to make a little parcel or purse shape. (They should hold well enough, but if not you can try putting a little water around the edges before pinching them to help them stick).

Lastly place them in a steamer and steam for 5 - 10 minutes, remove, serve and eat!
>> No. 60420
Fuck, I'm hungry.
>> No. 60421
[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Magic 101 with Marisa.
>> No. 60422
File 122254663170.jpg - (208.87KB , 850x1275 , sample-d1405bced9747db91c1f97b7149bb002.jpg ) [iqdb]
60422
[X] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Exercise with Meiling.

STAYAN' FIT GAEMS
>> No. 60423
[X] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.

We can talk to her about whether or not she enjoyed the day. Plus, this is the Letty route, after all.
>> No. 60424
File 122254703812.jpg - (367.54KB , 640x640 , easy~.jpg ) [iqdb]
60424
[ easy~ ] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60425
{X} Go do something with one of the girls :
~~~ Exercise with Meiling.
>> No. 60427
[z] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.

Letty slackin gaems
>> No. 60428
Updates and a nice recipe?

[ ] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.

Love that icy woman.
>> No. 60429
[X] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Exercise with Meiling.

Stayign fit with the chinagirl!
>> No. 60430
File 122254764954.jpg - (122.68KB , 800x600 , aff9085c880556aec92d456bf304f266.jpg ) [iqdb]
60430
{B^U} Go do something with one of the girls :
=====Exercise with Meiling.
>> No. 60431
File 122254790834.png - (238.77KB , 375x450 , 121418542294.png ) [iqdb]
60431
>> No. 60432
>>60431 here

Forget to vote before uploading

[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60433
[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60435
>>60418

Awesome, I'm gonna make this later.

[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60436
>>60430

Whoever did that edit missed some of the hair. There's a pretty clear bunch of purple hair behind her cup.
>> No. 60438
[X] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60439
AD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

LETTY FAGS AND MEILING FAGS ARE ON THE EDGE.
>> No. 60440
File 122255003334.jpg - (82.63KB , 500x432 , 1206576748211.jpg ) [iqdb]
60440
>>60436
>> No. 60441
[\!/] Go do something with one of the girls :
~~~ Exercise with Meiling.
>> No. 60442
[Q] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60443
[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.

Letty~
>> No. 60444
[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
We've ignored her too much already.
>> No. 60445
File 12225555016.png - (256.00KB , 400x400 , China1.png ) [iqdb]
60445
Letty:11
Meiling:6
First to 5: Letty
>> No. 60446
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Exercise with Meiling.

Meiling~
>> No. 60448
[waka] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60450
[]Go do something with one of the girls:
Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60452
File 122256202936.jpg - (151.52KB , 600x800 , let's see some sweat.jpg ) [iqdb]
60452
[x] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Exercise with Meiling.
>> No. 60454
>>60450

>Rio
>> No. 60464
[x] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Exercise with Meiling.
>> No. 60465
[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60470
poor moeling has to go exercise alone again
>> No. 60471
>>60470

This is about our only shot for sweet ice youkai lovin, and I'll be damned if I'll miss the chance to vote for that.

Sides, you've got a shot at Meiling over in /sdm/ once HY starts writing again.
>> No. 60473
>>60471
>This is about our only shot for sweet ice youkai lovin

You need to go to /others/ more. Know RAN? The CYOA as good as SDM:LA? Yeah, that one Blankfag writes.

Letty and Fairy have confessed their love for each other.
>> No. 60474
>>60472

I'm talking about MALE HUMAN x Winter Youkai.

I already read RAN.
>> No. 60477
[x] Call your parents
AD's hinted before that we should know more about our family.

Like, really know more.
>> No. 60479
>>60477
Your logic in a sea of x-route fags astounds me. You have my support.

[x] Call your parents
>> No. 60480
[x] Call your parents

From what we've learned, our crazy ass dad will come eventually. Better learn as much as we can.
>> No. 60481
[x] Call your parents

plot development
>> No. 60485
[x] Call your parents

We want some warning before our dad arrives to start fucking shit up.
>> No. 60486
>>60474

It's the same thing.

[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine
>> No. 60487
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine

Keine~
>> No. 60488
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine

Neglected Keine is neglected.
>> No. 60490
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine

Plot exposition.
>> No. 60491
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine

With WUIG out of the picture, this is the only chance for some were-cow loving.
>> No. 60492
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine
>> No. 60494
[x] Call your parents

It's time to begin the shitstorm.
>> No. 60495
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine
>> No. 60496
[C] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.

Save calling the parents for the morning, because from what we've seen so far our parents are liable to piss us off. Better to do it early in the day and have some time to cool off than it is to do it late at night, forcing us to go to bed pissed off. Don't want to snap at anyone either if we get angry.
>> No. 60498
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine

Milk.
>> No. 60499
File 122262657788.jpg - (275.84KB , 962x559 , 1222624341160.jpg ) [iqdb]
60499
I like both
>> No. 60500
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine
>> No. 60501
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine
>> No. 60502
>>60481 here

changed vote

[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.
>> No. 60503
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Slackin 101 with your parents
>> No. 60504
[X] Go do Letty with Keine
--- Magic with Meiling - exercise or not, there was your moving away by now!
>> No. 60505
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine
>> No. 60508
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine

Suika wright, when?
>> No. 60514
[ ] Go do something with one of the girls :
--- Magic 101 with Keine

updates?
>> No. 60516
[x] Go do something with one of the girls:
--- Slackin' with Letty.

Winter moe.
>> No. 60517
File 122265139769.jpg - (89.63KB , 495x700 , SpaceMarine.jpg ) [iqdb]
60517
I sense votespam - we will root it out!
>> No. 60518
>>60517

Death to the False Emperor, blah blah blah.
gb2/irc/
>> No. 60519
File 122265243149.jpg - (30.19KB , 270x270 , 1222651392146.jpg ) [iqdb]
60519
>this thread
>> No. 60520
Oh hey, Slowpoke >>60519
>>60439
>> No. 60523
[x] Call your parents
I'm curious.
>> No. 60525
[x] Call your parents
INTERESTING PLOT NEEDS AWESOME CONFLICT!

>>60491
cough cough cough
>> No. 60528
>>60479
Thank you, kind sir. Your axe will be much appreciated on this logicwagon.
>> No. 60532
[x] Call your parents
>> No. 60534
Holy shit.

Letty wins, calling now before votespam gets even more insane.
>> No. 60535
>>60534
...Any chance the sensible change of mind votes regarding the phone call will be taken into consideration? I mean, even to the point where we could at least ruminate more on our parents, since Anon knows pretty much fuck all about them?
>> No. 60536
Screw it, you were feeling exhausted after today. Physically maybe not so much, but mentally... yeah, you needed a rest.

Except you had so damn much to do! By now you were certain your father had likely heard about you being pulled out of university - by the military no less - and although it would take some time he would be after your head soon enough. He already had a grudge against you for choosing to turn your back on the shrine and your 'heritage' as a priest, now to hear that you had been carted off under armed guard? Especially since, no doubt, by the time the story reached him it would have been spun into some crazy tale about you being a mass murderer or a terrorist.

Actually, fuck it. You'd deal with your father when the time came, war path or not - this was your house and he had no right to have a say in your life anymore, especially not after what he had done.

Sighing you vaguely head upstairs to your little mini-cinema, with the intent on maybe watching a movie or something - hell, you had a video game system you could hook up to the projector if you wanted something to do. Reaching the top floor, you peer out the window on the landing and spot Meiling outside exercising and displaying a level of physical fitness you could only dream of having to boot. Shrugging you turn away and head to the mini-cinema. To your surprise the door is already open, the air-conditioning is running and you spot two heads of hair poking up above the top of a pile of beanbags - one red and one pale lavender.

No prizes for guessing who they were then, you thought. “Hey you two,” you greet as you step inside and pull the door closed. Komachi raises one hand in reply before dropping it back down. “What are you two doing in here?” You ask, noting that the dvd player is switched on, but that everything else required to watch a movie isn't. “Trying to watch a movie?”

Komachi's hand raises again, “Yeah,” she says, dropping it, “But I dunno how to work that stuff. 's not like what we got in Higan... 'sides, th' boss usually dealt with that stuff if we needed it.”

“and I don't have any idea at all about this kind of thing,” Letty adds, her voice quiet. “Not that I mind, I'm sure it's a human interest that will pass in a few generations anyway - such things always do eventually.”

“Oh... right.” You say, mentally shuddering away from Komachi's casual mention of a place you knew of as being part of the afterlife as well as Letty's equally casual dismissal of what was effectively a few hundred years as being an almost inconsequential amount of time. “Well... uh... I have a comedy here if you want,” you suggest, “I was going to just watch it myself and slack off some but... company is good too.”

“Yeah,” Komachi murmurs, “Slacking is better with buddies, and no boss! Ha! Have I told you how much I like it here 'cuz of that yet?”

“Do you really dislike your boss that much?” Letty asks her, causing you to listen carefully as you were curious about that too. You, after all, had hated your old boss quite a bit and you wondered if that sort of thing was universal regardless of... well, humanity you supposed.

“Eh...” The redhead seemed to dither for a few moments, “Not really, I guess, I used to hate her a lot in the past for a buncha reasons but now 's not so bad. She doesn't know how to take it easy tho', which is a pain for me but I understand she has things to prove to th' others and all.”

“Others?” you question as you finish setting up the dvd and grab the remote before heading around to sit with the girls. “What others?”

As you move around from behind, Komachi looks at you, then shrugs. “Th' other Yama, her peers 'n all that. Oh, and the big bosses - don' wanna look bad in front of them, they're the highest of the high after all.” She pats the beanbags, a spot right between where she and Letty are sitting. “You c'n sit here,” she says, “'m sure Letty won't mind, right?”

“Not at all,” replies the lavender-haired woman, and in the gloom of the room you wear you could have seen a slight blush on her cheeks. “I'm sure mister Ryogi won't try anything funny at all...” The way she said that makes you pause, and the way Komachi snickers at it makes you think - it was almost as if she were teasing... she was! She was teasing you!

[ ] Tease her back - Write in a good one-liner to use

Then:
[ ] Sit down between them
[ ] Sit down on the other side of Letty,
[ ] Sit down on the other side of Komachi.

Slightly more Komachi-ish here, i know, but you can still mess with Letty.
>> No. 60537
{X} Sit down between them
>> No. 60538
[x] Tease her back - "Miss White, I wouldn't dream of it."
[x] Sit down between them
[x] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.
>> No. 60539
[Q] Sit down between them
[Q] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.
>> No. 60541
[P] Tease her back - "Miss Whiterock, I wouldn't dream of it."
[P] Sit down between them
[P] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.

A little flirting is always nice.
>> No. 60542
A comedy? short of slapstick, wouldn't that require some level of cultural understanding to get any of the contemporary kinds of jokes?
>> No. 60543
>>60542
Situational humor, wordplay (very common in Japan).
>> No. 60546
>>60543
I'm in favour of some Wallace and Gromit myself.
>> No. 60547
[x] Tease her back - "Miss White, I wouldn't dream of it."
[x] Sit down between them
[x] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.

Too much discussion, not enough votes.
>> No. 60551
[x] Tease her back - "Miss White, I wouldn't dream of it."
[x] Sit down between them
[x] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.
>> No. 60554
[x] Tease her back - "Miss White, I wouldn't dream of it."
[x] Sit down on the other side of Letty,
Govanon is not a playboy, damn it, go back to YAF's story.
>> No. 60557
[x] Tease her back - "Miss Whiterock, I wouldn't dream of it."
[x] Sit down on the other side of Letty,

I like Letty alot more than I do Komachi.

Plus >>60554 is right. We aren't Nanaya.
>> No. 60559
[x] Tease her back - "Miss Whiterock, I wouldn't dream of it."
[x] Sit down on the other side of Letty,
>> No. 60560
Pretty sure the point of making a move on both of them is to flirt mostly with Letty, given that she was the one who brought up our gentlemanly nature. Plus, it looks a lot more sleazy to focus only on Letty when the context of her teasing involved both her and Komachi; we're supposed to be playing off what she said. Not to mention how callous it would look to favor one over the other before we admit to being lovestruck for Letty, a most ungentlemanly thing to do.

So, yeah, hitting on both of them is probably the non-slimeball move at the moment.
>> No. 60564
[x] Tease her back - "Miss White, I wouldn't dream of it."
[x] Sit down between them
[x] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.
>> No. 60566
File 122273315755.jpg - (141.59KB , 355x400 , 1211655774352.jpg ) [iqdb]
60566
[x] Tease her back - "Miss White, I wouldn't dream of it."
[x] Sit down between them
[x] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.

SM-O-O-O-OTH
>> No. 60569
>>60560
Because of this post, I chose this option.

[X] Tease her back - "Miss White, I wouldn't dream of it."
[X] Sit down between them
[X] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.
>> No. 60571
>>60554
>>60557
>>60559

We're making a joke, you goddamn autists.
>> No. 60572
>>60554

>Govanon

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
It's Shiki Ryōgi
>> No. 60573
[X] Tease her back - "Miss White, I wouldn't dream of it."
[X] Sit down between them
[X] Make an exaggerated yawn and stretch before you put your arms around both their shoulders.
>> No. 60579
[x] Act hurt. "Where did that bit of me being a proper man go?"
[x] Sit in the middle.
>> No. 60585
>>60536
>this was your house and he had no right to have a say in your life anymore, especially not after what he had done.
AND THAT'S WHY WE SHOULD HAVE CALLED HOME.
>> No. 60593
>>60585

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GfgnBEZsj4
>> No. 60603
>>60542

Cirno knows what English beef is despite not being older than the Barrier, Sakuya makes reference to game mechanics (though that could just be handwaved as 'danmaku jargon'), Marisa and Alice both seem to have knowledge of roleplaying games, and I'm sure there's a few other things I'm forgetting as well. Long and short of it, the characters all probably have more knowledge of common culture than we give them credit for.
>> No. 60619
>>60603
What is your claim that cirno is not older than the barried based upon?
>> No. 60627
>>60619

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Someone hasn't played PoFV.
>> No. 60628
Cirno
凍死するよ!
Going to freeze to death!

Reisen
そうでもないみたい。
結局、妖精は騒ぎ放題ね。
It looks like I'm mistaken.
After all, fairies can play around as much as they want.

BGM. おてんば恋娘の冒険
BGM. Adventure of the Tomboyish Girl in Love

Cirno
こんなに花が咲いているんだもん。
60年に一度のお祭りさ!
That's because there are so many flowers blooming.
It's the festival that happens once every sixty years!

Direct from the translation of the script. She's at least 60 years old, potentially older.
>> No. 60630
>>60603
In my view, the characters have some grasp of aspects of modern culture - but what they have is often scattered and unconnected or filled with fallacies.

Alice, for example, may know what figurines are - but not where they come from, how they're made or what/who they're supposed to be.
Nitori, as another example, can tell you all you want about machines... but you'd be correcting her every five minutes since a lot of what she knows is guesswork based on her best estimates of what things do... a toaster, yeah maybe she can get that one right... but a coffee maker? or anything more complicated?

Obviously some characters will have way more understanding than others, and some will have had their heads filled with weird ideas about things you, anon, may consider common knowledge.
>> No. 60661
>>60619

The Barrier was erected around 1885 or so if I remember the timeline correctly. The events of PoFV happen about every 60 years, placing the last time in 1945. Cirno is considered young by youkai standards, which would imply that she's still mostly a child, with appearance and personality to back up this claim. There is no definite proof she's not older than the Barrier, but evidence would suggest that she's not more than she is.

On a note about the timeline as well, Youki retired from being gardener of Hakugyokuro in Gensokyo Year 113 (1999). Youki left when Youmu was still quite young, but she was at least old enough to have been trained for several years. This would put her at about 7-9 roughly in 1999, which would mean she'd be 12-14 by PCB, and 16-18 by around now. This is assuming that she physically ages at the same rate as a normal human though, and you can see my own interpretation of how she ages in my story.
>> No. 60662
>>60661
>This is assuming that she physically ages at the same rate as a normal human though, and you can see my own interpretation of how she ages in my story.

An odd assumption to make considering her father is over 300 years old canonically.
>> No. 60664
>>60663
It might be a typo, or it's your brains that you sneezed on your monitor. Either way, you're dumber because of that statement, nitpicker cunt.
>> No. 60665
>>60662
What if you assume that they age the same as normal humans, up until the point of decay? Once the body reaches maturity, it simply remains that way for a very long time.
>> No. 60668
>>60664
Cool insult bro
>> No. 60673
>>60662

Biblical figures lived for long time on occasion. Methuselah hit about 969 years, and this is a 'regular' human as far as biblical history is concerned. Applying one form of fiction to another (hohoho) isn't really that much of a stretch. There's also no official art of Youki, so there's no real comparison that could be made based on appearance.
>> No. 60798
>>60673
Methuselah lived nine hundred yeeeears
Methuselah lived nine hundred yeeeears
But who calls it livin'
When no gal will give it
To a man what's nine hundred years ooooold
>> No. 60815
>>60665
That's how the moon's "eternity" works. No "impurities" means no deterioration means no senescence or "growing old". They still die if they're killed, though.
>> No. 60877
"Miss Whiterock,” You begin, smirking slightly, “I wouldn't dream of it."

“Oh,” she smiles a sly smile back, “I find that a little unlikely, but you're such a gentleman I suppose we'll just have to take your word for it now, won't we?” Komachi nods in agreement, then pats the space between her and Letty. Deciding not to turn down the invitation you carefully place yourself between them - cool Letty on one side, warm Komachi on the other... Hoooo, if only your old class and work mates could see you now. From the class social failure to sitting between two gorgeous women? Even if you couldn't touch this was still one hell of a step up.

The film wasn't too bad... You'd picked something a little closer to home and, although you hadn't expected the girls to be here when you'd picked it, you're glad you did as it seems easier for them to understand - although you do find yourself needing to explain the odd joke.

As time wears on you feel yourself growing sleepy, and in sleepiness comes perhaps a little bit of courage as you yawn loudly. Exaggerating the action your stretch your arms upwards, then let them gently fall down around the shoulders of both girls either side of you. Letty gives you a slightly surprised look at your action, while Komachi seems to barely notice, only mumbling and burying herself deeper into the beanbags.

This is... nice.


This is... hell.

Your body is cramped all over, you can't feel anything in either arm aside from a coldness permeating one, and a warmth filling the other. Also, for some reason, there's a damp patch on your chest - as well as something pressing down on it in an not entirely unpleasant way.

“Ugh...” Blinking several times you blearily look around the dark room, lit only by the changing lights of dvd menu being projected on the screen in front of you. Tugging on your arms you're surprised, and a little worried, to find them trapped - though not entirely immobilized. Tugging hard on your left one, the colder one, elicits a groan from...

Oh. Oh dear.

Your mind, spurred on by it's sudden realization, snaps into action. One one arm lay Letty, curled up asleep with her back to you. On the other arm was Komachi, who had snuggled up close enough to lay her head on your chest... and the wet patch seemed to have been the result of her drooling in her sleep. Ew.

So... why the hell had you woken up? It didn't seem to be morning, and aside from the lack of feeling in your arms and the dampness of Komachi's drool, you couldn't think of anything that would wake you up... You could hear someone moving around downstairs, which put you on edge for several moments until you heard them curse and recognized the voice as Marisa. Meh. She was probably just getting a midnight snack or something, you didn't really want to bother investigating - not when you had two... normally pretty ladies sleeping with you. Then again... it probably wasn't all that good for them to be sleeping here, they'd have cramps something awful when they woke up you guessed. That and you weren't a hundred percent sure how they'd react when they woke up to find themselves practically wrapped around you - though you suspected it could end painfully.. or maybe not, neither had objected your vague advances before you fell asleep after all.


[ ] Plan of action - write in.
>> No. 60878
[X] Carefully untangle yourself from them, then gently wake them up.

I'm a pussy.
>> No. 60879
File 122290508696.jpg - (334.02KB , 800x773 , 1205947338238.jpg ) [iqdb]
60879
>>60877

[x] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~
>> No. 60880
File 122290535965.png - (82.31KB , 408x194 , 1205973787926.png ) [iqdb]
60880
>>60879

Yes. If you know what I mean.

[x] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~
>> No. 60882
[X] Carefully pull Letty closer

If she wakes up

[X] "You looked cold"

This will work
>> No. 60883
[x] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~
>> No. 60884
This is totally innocent; there's no real need to do anything here, but if we must...

>>60882
:awesome:
[❄] Carefully pull Letty closer.
[❄] If she wakes up: "You looked cold."
>> No. 60885
[x] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~

Govanon is one lucky bastard.
>> No. 60887
[x] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~
>> No. 60889
File 122291076253.jpg - (71.40KB , 520x720 , b4c9225dff15180095b42f6a9cc35404.jpg ) [iqdb]
60889
[x] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~
>> No. 60890
Just curious, any reason you all want to carry Komachi first? Saving the best for last?
>> No. 60891
>>60890

Bullshit. We like both
>> No. 60894
[Q] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~
>> No. 60920
%] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~

....proceed.

Protip: open the doors first before you have your arms full of woman.
>> No. 60924
[x] Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~
[❄] Carefully pull Letty closer.
[❄] If she wakes up: "You looked cold."

I'M HELPING

...no seriously, though. I can't choose. I really want to do the second part, but I know I probably SHOULD do the first.

...

Oh, fine.

[❄] Carefully pull Letty closer.
[❄] If she wakes up: "You looked cold."
>> No. 60929
[X] Carefully untangle yourself from them, then gently wake them up.
>> No. 60936
[ ] Extract yourself from the girls and quickly try and find Marisa. Quietly.

Maybe we should be more worried about what marisa is doing in the middle of the night. You know, Known thief wandering around in the middle of the night, her most prised possession missing. I can only see ways that this could end poorly.
>> No. 60937
>>60936
I think we've still got the Hakkero in our pocket, though.
>> No. 60938
>>60937
So when Marisa fumbles around in there for it, that will be "Pocket Hakke-y"?
>> No. 60940
>>60937
IIRC, it's in your bedroom. You threw it in there the first night after you got it. I don't think that govanon's brought it out since then.
>> No. 60943
{☃} Carry MachiMachi and then Letty to bed easy~

eh
>> No. 60968
File 122300310841.png - (172.33KB , 400x400 , 603b5733a491700e32e04afd15b1eafd.png ) [iqdb]
60968
UPDATES WHERE EASY~
>> No. 60987
>>60938

God damn you.