[Return]
Archived thread

File 122013607312.jpg - (139.72KB , 1796x1729 , 1.jpg ) [iqdb]
58023 No. 58023
You don't have to say anything. The two behind you had gone silent as soon as you stepped through the door. You need to first check for survivors. The library, your room, and the vampire girls' rooms are good places to start. You split up, sending Komachi and Momiji to search the library and your rooms, while you head up the stairs to check on Remilia and Flandre.
*Snaaake~*
You cover your ear, hoping nobody else heard that.
"What is it? I'm kinda busy, here."
*I found something you might want~ She's safe with me, for now.*
"Who?" Is it Aya?
*The half-ghost. I've called Yuyuko down to come pick her up. Watch your step~*
You just miss a hole in the floor. Something seems to have broken through the wooden floorboards and fallen straight to the foundations. You should check there, next. You don't allow the hole in the floor, nor your conversation to slow you down.
"Is she okay?" What about the others?
*She's fine, though she's telling me about a fight or something at the mansion?*
"Looks like she's not lying. Something made a huge mess of the place. Any word on what happened?"
*She doesn't seem to know much. Apparently something attacked while everyone was asleep, resulting in a battle between whatever it was and the Scarlets. They managed to fight it off, and everybody split up to search for it. Apparently, you disappeared after the first explosion, and they all think you're dead.*
"That so?" You open the door leading to Flandre's room. You don't see any signs of a struggle, though that spear seems to have gone missing.
You search the room across the hall, finding a large bed, and a matching set of elegant hardwood furniture. Decoration is sparse, and there's no sign of battle. You search the drawers, finding several Remilia-style pink and red dresses, an array of various undergarments, a small dagger, and a faded portrait of Flandre and Remilia together.
You take the dagger, hoping it'll do better in battle than a broken sword. You keep the both of them, thinking that a backup blade is better than none at all. You return to the main hall to look for a way to the basement. Komachi rests at the bottom of the stairs, yawning lazily.
"Find anything?" She immediately stands at attention, only relaxing once she confirms it's you addressing her.
"Er, nope. Library's empty, not even a scratch on the merchandise."
"Good." That rules out one troublesome location. "We should search the basement, next."
"Yeah why not." She yawns again, lagging behind as you search for a way down.
You go through the dining hall, first. The fighting looks to have been the worst in here. The tables, chairs, and much of everything else has been shredded. There's rubble from the caved-in ceiling strewn all across the room, and the windows are cracked and broken, allowing a small breeze to blow through. It's pitch black.
As you search the room, you come across a section of floor that gives when you step on it. Closer inspection reveals the body of a person, buried under the rubble. You quickly uncover them hoping and praying they're still alive. As you push aside a section of the fallen ceiling, a visible strip of the person's clothing confirms their identity.
It's Yuka. You dig her out carefully, throwing the debris into the corner of the room. You flip her over, careful not to aggravate any injuries she might have. She's still breathing.
Good, it's not like a fallen ceiling or two wouldn't kill someone like her, anyway. You check her for broken bones and cuts, picking her up only after you confirm she's still in one piece. For now, you'll carry her around until her consciousness returns.
"You sure that's okay?" Komachi prods the unconscious youkai as you sling her over your back. "I mean, you do know who that is, don't you?"
"It's Yuka. Your point?" You know what she's trying to say, but you just want her to be quiet.
"Err, never mind." Better.
You continue into the next room, which you're certain is a manner of kitchen. It's far too large, compared to the ones you've seen. The aristocracy's got it good, huh? What catches your eye in particular is a section of wall, discolored by years and years of use. The walls surrounding it are pure white, while this bit is slightly yellowed. A poor attempt at hiding a secret passage, you expect.

>> No. 58025
[x] Investigate the wall. Be careful, it could be booby trapped.
>> No. 58026
[X] Investigate the wall. Be careful, it could be booby trapped.
>> No. 58027
[x] Don't bother with details. Ask Komachi to tear down the wall.
>> No. 58028
[x] Investigate the wall.
[x] Check behind any nearby furniture/refrigerators, something may have been moved from that spot.
>> No. 58029
[x] Don't bother with details. Use Yuka to tear down the wall.

We've already used Yuka as a projectile weapon. Let's see how useful she is as a sledgehammer.
>> No. 58030
[X] Miss Komachi, tear down this wall!
>> No. 58033
>>... an array of various undergarments, a small dagger ...
>>You take the dagger
If this were any other game, our priorities would have been off.

[x] Check wall by knocking around area
[x] Ask Komachi to knock down the wall
>> No. 58034
Komachi steps ahead and slams the door open with the ass-end of her scythe. You didn't even have time to prepare for it.
"It's fine, I've been here once before." She steps inside the corridor, moving down the hall without even bothering to acknowledge you. "Oh, and watch that first step. It's a doozy."
There's a section of stone that doesn't seem directly connected to the rest of the floor. It's probably a trigger for some sort of trap. You carefully step over it, following Komachi down the darkened passage.
You come to a heavy metal door--the kind you'd expect from a bank vault. You're not sure what to expect, though you're certain you're at the bottom floor of the house. Could this be the basement room Flandre wouldn't talk about?
Komachi swings the door open, carefully enough to not make a sound. It doesn't seem locked or anything, but if it closes behind you, you're screwed.
"I'll wait here, in case the door shuts." You prop Yuka up against the wall, checking her vitals once more.
"I was about to say the same thing. I'll give it a-" She pauses mid-sentence.
"Something wrong?"
"You could say that. I found the Scarlets. They're alive, but.."
"But what?"
"Ever heard the legends where a vampire could stay alive even though it was missing it's body? Looks like it's true. You stay out there, I'll have 'em back to normal in a bit."
She's hinting at something, though you can easily guess what she means. You'd rather not see the two in such a gruesome state. Who--or what--could've done such a thing?
"Mmmnnn..." Yuka groans. Good, she's waking up. You lean down, intent on hearing her side of the story.
"Yuka?"
"Mmm.. Anybody get the number of the truck that hit me?" She holds a hand to her forehead groggily. "What happened?"
"Good question." You'd like to know as well.
Her eyes suddenly dart open, startling you. "Snake? What're you..?"
"I don't know, but it's a long story." You guess she was going to ask what you're doing here, or what happened to you. "What happened? Where's Aya?"
"She.. She went after it, I think." She seems fit enough to move. You help her to her feet. "I've nev- Why do I smell blood?"
"You don't wanna know." You let her drape an arm over your shoulders for support. She can stand, but it looks like walking may be a little too much for her right now.
"Never mind, then." She coughs lightly as you place your arm around her waist. "Where's the rest of you?"
"The rest..?" Her question would strike you as odd, had you not known about your current state of affairs. She must be talking about your body. "I'm really not sure. How I'm able to get around like this, I don't know."
"I do." Komachi steps out of the room, a little bloody but fine otherwise. "I probably didn't think to tell you before, but every soul that escapes from the system like you becomes immortal, in exchange for it's sanctity and purity."
"Like that Mima." Yuka adds. "You know the one."
"Huh.." It doesn't really strike you as particularly strange, nor are you all that surprised. If anything, you're more concerned with Aya's well being to think about it. Furthermore, how does Yuka know that you've met Mima?
"So.." Komachi turns to Yuka. "This 'thing' that attacked. What was it?"
"I'm not exactly sure." She strains to remember. "It was fast, I never got a good look at it."
"I saw it." You notice one of the girls peeking through the cracked doorway. There's too much blood, and you can't tell who it is by sight alone. The voice tells you it's Remilia. "It wasn't one of our guests. It must've infiltrated the building through the service entrance. Where's Patchouli?"
"You, Flandre, and Yuka were all we found. There's a Tengu that tagged along with us. Aya's friend. She's searching the rest of the house." Komachi holds the door open, allowing her to step through.
"She won't find anything." Flandre steps out of the room, standing just behind Remilia. You could swear she's grinning through all that caked-on blood. "She won't find anything because that part of the house is gone."
"You destroyed my house?!" Remilia fumes.
"I had to!" Flandre yells back. "I couldn't help it! It was too strong!"
"Shouldn't you two get cleaned up? You smell like the living dead~" Yuka seems to have enough strength left for ridicule. She pinches her nose, giving the two blood-soaked girls a jeering grin.
>> No. 58036
[X] "Anyone know where I could find my body?"
>> No. 58037
[x] "So does anyone know what killed me? Or where my corpse is?"
>> No. 58039
>Furthermore, how does Yuka know that you've met Mima?

Octocamo, Snake. Looks like she'd been trailing us for a while.
>> No. 58040
[X] "Actually, Yuka might have a point. Let's go upstairs so everyone can clean up. We can talk on the way."
>> No. 58049
Since it's slow, I decided to update anyway.

------------

Remilia pays no mind to Yuka's derisive comments, instead agreeing with her and walking away. Flandre follows close behind her, asking all sorts of strange questions.
"We should get out of here, too." Komachi takes Yuka's other side, helping ease her weight off of you. "This place gives me the creeps."
You follow the two girls out, careful not to drop Yuka. You make your way back through the dining hall, and eventually come to the main hall.
"I hope you at least didn't destroy the baths." Remilia reels at the extensive damage done to her house.
"I said I'm sorry! Geez!" Flandre storms towards the library.
"Flan- Wait! Come back here ri-"
SLAM!
She shuts the door, leaving you with the dejected Remilia.
"My maids, my house.. Now even my own sister.." She walks away silently, climbing the staircase to the rooms above. "Today just isn't my day.."
Yuka's arm drops from your shoulder. "I think I'm fine, now." She tries to take a step away, stumbling over as she tries to walk under her own power. You catch her before she falls.
She turns to face you, offering her thanks with little more than a smile. "Heh, I guess not. Some youkai I am, huh?"
"What's that dog girl up to, now?" Komachi looks up the stairs, in the direction of the bedrooms you'd stayed in.
"Dog Tengu!" Her voice comes from somewhere off to the side. You find her fiddling with something on the ground.
"Hey, what's she up to?" Yuka prods you in the back, signaling her curiosity. You help her hobble over.
You recognize it as a piece of Durandal. Though it's only a shard of armor, you recognize the color of the paint almost instantly. From it's size, it looks as though Durandal returned to full size during the battle.
*Snake!* A voice over the radio. It sounds like Youmu. *Snake, answer me!*
"I hear you. What happened?"
*I don't know. Something attacked us.. I think Aya's in trouble!* She seems rushed.
"Trouble? How?"
*I-I don't know. She went after it when it took you. I don't have much time.*
"Took me? You're not making any sense! Are you in danger?"
*No, I'm-zzzzzz-oumu~-zzzzzz-Din-zzzzz*
"Youmu?!" You're certain you heard Yuyuko's voice just now. You expect she's safe, though you should try to contact her in a while. "Damn."
*zzzz-Snaaake~* Now it's Yuyuko on the line. *Good morning~*
"Carefree as ever, I see." It's almost depressing. "How's Youmu?"
*A little shaken, but otherwise unhurt. Listen, I need you to come see me whenever you get the chance. It doesn't have to be now, but soon. Okay?*
"Yeah, sure." You can't really refuse when she asks so nicely. It might have something to do with your missing body, as well. You hope it's not off decomposing somewhere without you.
*Ah, one more thing. Youmu has asked me to tell you to be careful. She thinks that whatever attacked her was looking for you.*
"Er, will do." The thought is unsettling. A creature that could decimate an entire house full of incredibly strong youkai is now out to get you. Could it be related to the dragon incident?

----------

Also, inventory, in case anybody asks.

Equipped Snake:
1 Leather pants (100% Index in slave encampments)
1 Broken sword (The hilt looks familiar..)
1 White canvas shirt (Useful for making white flags)
1 Heavy leather jacket (Commonly worn by Oni. High cold/heat resistance)
1 Silver knife (Possible magic properties)
1 Durandal armor plate (Can be used as a shield)
1 Youkai monocle (Somehow made its way into your pocket)

Equipped Yuka:
1 Flowery parasol (Torn)

Equipped Komachi:
1 Shinigami scythe
1 Cell phone
>> No. 58060
>You recognize it as a piece of Durandal. Though it's only a shard of armor, you recognize the color of the paint almost instantly. From it's size, it looks as though Durandal returned to full size during the battle.

fuuuuuuuck

>1 Broken sword (The hilt looks familiar..)

[x] Examine hilt of broken sword.
[x] "Well that explains what happened to Dee. Yuka, could this have been the creature that you saw destroy Ray earlier?"
[x] "Well whatever it is, according to Youmu it's taken off with my corpse."
[x] "Once we account for your maid and librarian, Remilia, we're going to head over to Hakugyokurou. If you want revenge, you're free to come with, but if you want restitution...." Shrug. "Well, I guess you can bill the Hakurei Shrine."
[x] Tell Komachi to call to your cell phone
>> No. 58061
[ ] Go look for Aya
[ ] Tell Komachi to call to your cell phone

nice memory
>> No. 58062
[+] Go look for Aya
[+] Tell Komachi to call to your cell phone
>> No. 58063
[x] Go look for Aya
[x] Tell Komachi to call to your cell phone
>> No. 58064
[x] Examine hilt of broken sword.
[x] Go look for Aya
[x] Tell Komachi to call to your cell phone

Durandal... ;_;
>> No. 58065
We don't know where Aya is, geniuses. If you want to find her, how about getting some more information from the people who saw what she's chasing.
>> No. 58066
[x] Examine hilt of broken sword.
[x] Go look for Aya
[x] Tell Komachi to call to your cell phone
>> No. 58067
No one cares about Tenshi.

[x] Examine hilt of broken sword and the monocle
[x] "Momiji, do you know of any way we could track Aya at this point?"
if not:
[x] "Once we account for your maid and librarian, Remilia, we're going to head over to Hakugyokurou. Yuyuko says she has something to tell us; it might be about our assailant."
regardless:
[x] Tell Komachi to call to your cell phone
>> No. 58069
[x] Examine hilt of broken sword and the monocle
[x] "Momiji, do you know of any way we could track Aya at this point?"
if not:
[x] "Once we account for your maid and librarian, Remilia, we're going to head over to Hakugyokurou. Yuyuko says she has something to tell us; it might be about our assailant."
regardless:
[x] Tell Komachi to call to your cell phone
>> No. 58070
You're suddenly reminded of something. That sword, doesn't it look familiar? You pull the busted blade from your pocket, looking it over more carefully. The blade appears loose, and the hilt reminds you of the sword Tenshi carried around, though it seems much older. You somehow manage to work the blade loose cleanly, exposing a slight indentation through the middle, no more than a half-inch deep. That blade was just for show! Now what of the rest? If it's the same as Tenshi's blade, shouldn't there be some sort of way to activate it?
You concentrate on it for a few seconds, trying to force your own power through it. It seems to react with a faint bluish glow, though nothing else happens. Maybe if you..
You attempt to force more power into it, and the glow becomes stronger. Rays of blue-green light shoot towards the top of the hilt and collect around the indentation where the blade was seated moments ago. A green and blue blade, exactly like the red-orange one from Tenshi's sword shoots out of it. You release your concentration, and the blade disappears. You place the glowing hilt in your pocket. How many of these swords are there?
You feel something in your pants pocket as you release the blade. Pulling it out, you recognize it as one of the youkai monocles you were carrying around before. It looks slightly different, though. A pulsating pattern of red lines glows around the metal rim of the object. It looks too dangerous to put on.
"Hey Yuka." You're reminded of the creature she witnessed attacking RAY a while back. "This creature you were attacked by.. Was it the same one you saw destroy RAY?"
"No." She leans in closely against your shoulder. "That was far bigger. This was.. Human-sized, to say the least. Though I felt no sort of presence from it. For all intents and purposes, it could've been walking dead. I don't think the incidents are unrelated, though. Everything in Gensokyo is connected."
"Oh hey, boss." Komachi seems to be talking to somebody. "Yeah, I just found him. No, seems he got out himself. Me neither, guy's telling me he said please. Wai- No way! Alright, fine. I'll tell him."
She puts something in her pocket as she turns to you. "Hey, looks like my time's up. Boss wants me back and all that."
"Wait, that thing you'd used to talk to her.." It looked just like the weird phone she'd given you the first time you met. "Could you try calling mine?"
"Huh?" Her eyes widen. "Oh wow! I'd completely forgot you had one! One sec." She pulls it back out and dials in a number. She hands it over to you.
You hear a tone pulse as you hold it to your ear. It sounds almost like... ringing?
*Click*
"Hello?" You're certain you heard somebody pick up the phone.
*H-Hello?* This is-
"Aya?!" You're surprised to hear her voice. "Where are you?!"
*Snake? No that's.. Not possible--* She doesn't seem to think it's you. Is your other half with her right now?
"No joke. Am I with you right now?" You hope she'll believe you.
*I must be losing my mind..* You figure any sensible person wouldn't believe a call coming from somebody if they were sitting right in their sight. Her voice seems off. You can tell there's something wrong.
"I'll prove it!" You know her well enough that you might be able to talk her into at least listening. "Do you want me to share all our personal details? I'll do it if I have to! I have Momiji here! Talk to me!"
*I-I don't believe this..* She seems more angry than anything, now. At least she'll hear you out.
"Am I with you right now?" You try to sound earnest.
*Why?*
"I'm unconscious, right?"
*...Yeah.* She's still not buying it.
"Being dead really does a number on you. Trust me, I don't believe it any more than you."
*What are yo-*
You don't allow her time to finish. "I won't wake up, right?"
*...Yes..* Her anger disappears in an instant. Her voice betrays her deplorable state of mind. She's just as shaken up by this as everyone else, if not more. She seems to trust it's you now, for some reason.
"Can you come back to Remilia's place? I don't know if that part of me will ever wake up. At least, not unless I'm inside it."
*I can't.. It- The cockpit won't open. Something.. Something attacked us. I think I'm trapped!*
More problems. You're glad she's alive, but how will you find her?
"Do you know where you are?" If you can get a basic idea.. "Where were you when it happened? Are you okay?"
*I don't know!* You hear a loud thump in the background, like she's beating her fist against the metal walls. You can tell she's crying, now. *I ran away! I ran and it followed me! I-*
"It's okay. I'll come find you." You try to reassure her. You need her to stay calm. "Everything's gonna be fine."
*Please hurry. I-It might come back.*
"I love you." You can't think of anything else to say.
You hear her hang up sobbing. You turn to Komachi and the others.
"I need to borrow this." You pocket the phone.
"Alright. I guess I gotta stick with you until I get it back.." You then hear her mutter quietly, "The boss won't like this. I'm gonna hafta.." She trails off.
You need to think of a way to find Aya. She doesn't know where she landed, you're not going to see a smoke trail in this storm, and you need to make it fast. Preferably before whatever attacked her comes back. Yukari may be your only option.
"Yukari? Are you there?"
*I heard everything. I've managed to find her just North of the lake.*
"Heh, you work fast." You're honestly glad she's around, for once.
*I won't hesitate to help those working for me. Let me know when you're ready to go.*
If you have any questions to ask or places to search, now is the time to do it. You look around the room, noticing Remilia standing at the top of the stairs. She looks a bit stiff, though otherwise uninjured. Next to her is a battered and bruised Sakuya and Meiling, leaving only Patchouli, Tenshi, and Alice unaccounted for. You figure Tenshi has a hand in this, somehow.
>> No. 58071
[x] Find Tenshi and the others. We'll need a full team.

If Tenshi did, in fact, have something to do with this, she's getting a knife in the eye.
>> No. 58072
[x] Find Tenshi and the others. We'll need a full team.

Also, can't Yukari just take Aya to us?
>> No. 58073
>If you have any questions to ask or places to search, now is the time to do it.

[x] Ask Meiling, Sakuya, and Remilia what happened to Tenshi and if they could give you any description of what it was that attacked them.
[x] Tell Momizi you've found her, inside Durandal; make sure the librarian and the dollmaker aren't left under the rubble before you go.
>> No. 58074
[X] Figure out what happened to Patchouli, Alice, and Tenshi.

Before we can try to find them, we need information on where they last were. Since Sakuya and Meiling are also present, between the two of them, Remilia, and Yuka we might be able to get a better idea of what happened.
>> No. 58075
[x] Call Nitori's frequency; see if she can get a location on Durandal.
>> No. 58076
[x] Ask Meiling, Sakuya, and Remilia what happened to Tenshi and if they could give you any description of what it was that attacked them.
[x] Tell Momizi you've found her, inside Durandal; make sure the librarian and the dollmaker aren't left under the rubble before you go.

Let's clear up some loose ends before we go to the oncoming boss fight.
>> No. 58077
[x] Ask Meiling, Sakuya, and Remilia what happened to Tenshi and if they could give you any description of what it was that attacked them.
[x] Tell Momizi you've found her, inside Durandal; make sure the librarian and the dollmaker aren't left under the rubble before you go.
>> No. 58078
[x] Ask Meiling, Sakuya, and Remilia what happened to Tenshi and if they could give you any description of what it was that attacked them.
[x] Tell Momizi you've found her, inside Durandal; make sure the librarian and the dollmaker aren't left under the rubble before you go.
>> No. 58111
"Where's Patchy and them?" You can't really think of much else. You'd like to make sure everybody is unhurt before you continue to wherever it is Yukari intends to send you.
"Alive, somewhere." Remilia replies, taking careful steps down the stairs. "Alice went home, Tenshi's doing her usual thing, and Patchouli is.. I can sense her inside the library."
Didn't Komachi check there already? Maybe she wasn't thorough enough?
"I thought you checked there.." You might as well bring it up.
"Yeah, well. You know." Komachi laughs nervously. "It looked like whatever attacked stayed out of the library."
"So, you didn't search it?" You toss out another probing question.
"Nope." She smiles, no excuses.
"Fine, then." You drop the subject.
CRACK!
"WAAAAH!" Somebody drops through the ceiling, scattering a small cloud of dust as they land just ahead of Remilia. A maid from the mansion, you think. She's wearing the uniform, though she's about as tall as Sakuya--a human.
"Hmm?" Remilia fans the dust away from her face, eyeballing the suspicious character.
"Pardon me, mistress." She bows, aware of the scrutinizing gaze she's receiving. "I was cleaning the second floor, and--"
"It's fine, please return to your duties." Remilia waves her away. As the maid disappears around a corner at the top of the stairs, Sakuya leans down, whispering something into Remilia's ear.
"They're free to come and go. I've had human maids under my employ for a while now." Remilia scowls. "Shouldn't you know this by now?"
"My apologies." Sakuya bows courteously.
*Snaaake~* It's Yuyuko again. *A pre~sent~*
"Hm?" What does she mean?
As you try to ask, one of Yukari's gaps opens up in front of you. Youmu steps through, now wearing a turquoise dress similar to the one she wore when you first met her.
"My plaything returns~" Yuka laughs, hugging Youmu with something like glee.
"You look like Hell, Snake." She smiles, ignoring Yuka shaking her from side to side.
"I'll bet." You were just there, so why not?
"Question." Momiji raises herself to her feet. "Why would the celestial be.."
"Glad you asked." Remilia replies with a smug grin. "This creature, it doesn't seem to like cold weather. The ice fairy's attacks managed to drive one of them off."
"There was more than one?" You're shocked. "Why didn't you say this earlier?"
"I apologize, I'm a little sore. Must've slipped my mind." Remilia rubs her shoulder, adding gravity to her words. "I only saw the two, though there's probably more."
*All ready on my end, Snake. Just give me the word.*
"I hear that. Give me a few more minutes. I'd like to know what I'm up against."
"We don't know, either. They were using some sort of camouflage, like Nitori's stealth device." Sakuya's words only serve to make things more difficult. So they're fast, deadly, AND invisible? Things aren't looking up.
"Lovely.." Komachi replies, sarcastically.
*zzz-et-zzzzzz-co-zzzzzzz-mo-zzzzz-poin-zzzz-ero-zzz-deg-zzzzz*
Another one of those? It can't be Aya, you told her to wait for you! It doesn't sound like her voice, either.
"Yukari? Was that you?"
*No, though I've been hearing them, too. I'll try to find the frequency..* A pause.. *Really? Already? Hold on, Snake. I'm sending you to Aya now.*
You don't have time to argue. The next thing you know, you're standing in the middle of a barren snow-covered field. Just ahead lies a jagged hill covered in white. You activate the sword, though you don't see any enemies in the area. With you are Komachi, Momiji, Sakuya, and Youmu.
'What about the others?' You think silently to yourself.
"I don't like this.." Komachi readies her scythe, taking up arms just behind you.
"We'll see them coming, at least." Youmu looks over the imprints your feet leave behind. In this situation, you may have the advantage.
*zzzzzz-mo-zzzzz-poi-zzzzz-tar-zzzz-a-zzz*
"Not good.. Not good at all.." Komachi smiles nervously as you approach the hill ahead. Sakuya maintains her silence, her eyes darting back and forth.
>> No. 58112
[ ] Remember survival and stealth training, ready an ambush for approaching enemies while Youmu and Momiji get Aya
>> No. 58113
>>58112

[] Remember survival and stealth training, ready an ambush for approaching enemies while You and Momiji get Aya.

>>58112
Aya is pretty freaked out, so I think her best friend and lover would be welcome sights right out of the cockpit.
>> No. 58114
>>"We'll see them coming, at least." Youmu looks over the imprints your feet leave behind
Welcome to Gensokyo, where everyone and their dead grandmother can fly. Except for you.

[x] Approach slowly, try to make contact with Aya
[x] Find cockpit access
>> No. 58116
[x] Ask Yuka if she can use her camouflage to scout ahead.
[x] Try to make contact with Aya and Nitori.

Yuka's octocamo should work perfectly, given everything is white snow. Nitori might be able to tell us something about Durandal's condition.

>"This creature, it doesn't seem to like cold weather. The ice fairy's attacks managed to drive one of them off."

⑨ conquers even Iskander
>> No. 58118
[X] Take point, have Momiji on lookout for anything she could see or hear in the distance, and have the other three keep watch on our flanks and six.
[X] Cautiously proceed to the jagged hill, keep weapons ready.

Momiji has extremely good eyesight and hearing, might as well make use of them.
>> No. 58119
[X] Take point with Yuka, have Momiji on lookout for anything she could see or hear in the distance, and have the other two keep watch on our flanks and six.
[X] Cautiously proceed to the jagged hill, keep weapons ready.

Lets do a quick evaluation of everyone's abilities.

Momiji has incredible eyesight and hearing, perfect for scouting.
Sakuya and Komachi's abilities allow them to give support in an instant.
Yuka's a tank, although they might be able to take her down she won't stay down for long.
>> No. 58120
You should first try to set up a perimeter. You've got enough bodies for that, though you're not familiar with most of their abilities. You gather them around, keeping Youmu on lookout.
"So, how's this gonna work?" Komachi nods to you. Looks like you've been selected for group leader.
"I need a spotter on that hill, there." You point to the jagged snow-covered mass. You'll have two others take either side of the hill as well. You feel like you're missing something..
"Yukari? Where's Yuka?" Looks like she didn't get sent over with you.
No reply, though a second later Yuka lands on top of you. Definitely Yukari's doing, there. You try not to make too much noise.
"What th-" Yuka looks around, stunned.
"Alright, then." Komachi takes over. "We put the Tengu on the high ground." Momiji nods in response.
"I'll take Yuka and Youmu once the location of Durandal has been determined." You look to the two women. They seem to agree, though Yuka's grinning expression makes you feel a little uneasy.
"Good. I'll take the maid and scout around the area." Komachi slings her weapon over her shoulders. The two disappear without another word. All signs of Komachi's presence are gone, though next to where Sakuya once stood lies a trail of footprints. It looks like their abilities are different in more ways than one.
Momiji runs off ahead. You find her standing on the hill in no time at all.
"Well?" Yuka groans. "Now what?"
"We wait." Youmu keeps a hand ready on her sword, ready to strike at any moment.
*zzzzz-it-zzzzzz-u-zzzzzz-ee-zzzz-em-zzzz*
Again with the noise! Would Yukari hurry up and get that fix working? Momiji waves you over, cautiously. With Yuka and Youmu just behind, you begin your approach. You listen to the sound your feet make as you step through the deep snow.
Crunch, crunch, crunch, CLUNK!
You've stepped on something. You have no time to react as Yuka tosses you backwards. You stay on your feet, balancing yourself and facing where you just were in a single quick movement. Snow kicks up into the air as something rises from the ground. The falling white granules fall from an unseen figure, revealing the outline of a vaguely human-like creature standing before you.
Youmu's form blurs. Her sword crashes against the creature with a metallic clang.
"They were waiting for us!" Youmu puts her entire body weight into a second swing, throwing the thing backwards.
"What the hell is it?!" You watch the snow compress and deform as the creature rushes towards your group. You ready your blade for a strike, but Yuka reaches forward, grabbing the beast with one hand. You hear the sound of metal against rubber as she swings her other hand forward, grabbing the thing somewhere lower on it's body. Snow kicks from the ground in front of her as it tries to fight back.
"GO!" She yells, throwing the creature to the ground in a blind fury, her arms bleed as the creature claws at her.
*zzzzzzzz* You hear nothing but static as you rush half-blindedly forward, kicking up snow and dirt with each fevered step in your hurry to reach cover.
You clammer to the top of the hill, next to Momiji. You watch as Yuka throws the beast into the ground, clawing at it viciously. A part of it flickers and becomes visible as it's ripped from the thing's body. She can beat it! Another piece of the creature comes off, and she begins kicking against the ground.
"I haven't seen others!" Momiji announces. "We need to get to Aya! Hurry, Snake!"
"Wha-" You're still stunned by the sudden attack.
"Durandal!" She grabs you by the shoulders, shaking you. "We're standing on it!"
>> No. 58121
[x] Look for Durandal's "neck".

That's where the opening mechanism was.
>> No. 58123
[X] Call for the others to regroup on your position.
[X] Look for Durandal's "neck".

If there was more than one of those things attacking the mansion, do you really think there would be just ONE lying in wait to ambush us out here? Just because Momiji hasn't seen any others after the first one revealed itself doesn't mean they aren't out there, it just means they're probably waiting for something before they attack. Most likely, us cracking open Durandal for them. Considering the trouble they gave even the Scarlet sisters, we're going to need all the support we've got if they attack the second we have Aya and our body exposed.
>> No. 58125
Now only Sniper Wolf is missing.
>> No. 58126
[x] Look for Durandal's "neck".
>> No. 58130
[X] Call for the others to regroup on your position.
[X] Look for Durandal's "neck".
>> No. 58131
[X] Call for the others to regroup on your position; they're waiting under the snow in ambush.
[X] Look for Durandal's "neck".
[X] Ask Yukari if she can gap in that ice fairy.
[X] Prepare to IMAGINE some of the icicle shots you've seen her use.
>> No. 58153
I wonder why we didn't just as Yukari if she could gap Durandal out in front of the mansion once she found it.
>> No. 58154
>>58153

Do not question the plot device.
>> No. 58155
You take a second to recover from the attack. Yuka continues to beat the thing into the ground long after it's camouflage has failed. To you, it looks like little more than a black and grey heap.
First, you need to get Aya out of the cockpit, which means finding a way to open it. You're certain there was a mechanism on the back of it's neck, though if this hill really is Durandal, it's far too small.
*Snaaake~* Yukari half-sings your name through the radio. *I found~ it~*
You half ignore her, digging through the snow to get an idea of your position on Durandal. Momiji keeps a sharp watch over the area as you uncover bare metal. You don't recognize this part, though it's certainly something from Durandal. The head? No, it's too large to be anything other than the midsection. You move to another location and start digging, and then another. No enemies attack at this time, though you're certain there's more out there.
*zzzzzz-ion. Take out the left guard, then proceed forward.*
She's done it! Yukari, you crazy bitch! You allow yourself a moment of joy, though it's soon replaced by something like fear. The voice you heard doesn't seem at all familiar, though you're fairly certain it's nothing friendly.
SLAM!
"Take a good look at our 'enemy'." Yuka tosses the body of the defeated creature in front of you. It's not like anything you'd expected. A machine--a twisted heap of smoking and sparking metal, easily 7 feet tall. It's arms are missing, ripped from their sockets by Yuka's awesome power. It appears to have been broken nearly in half at the waist. It bears an odd resemblance to Durandal, though the technology used to build this thing seems far more rudimentary. It has a skeletal appearance, though only it's basic shape looks human.
"What is it?" You ask, hoping one of them might know.
"Some kind of robot?" Youmu taps it's head with the end of her sword. An array of ten or twelve sensors glow yellow where it's eyes should be. It's still alive!
"Fuck!" Yuka's foot comes crashing down, smashing it to pieces in one blow.
*Forward unit destroyed, proceed to attack.* They're communicating! This is their radio frequency! You'd had your suspicions, but this confirms it. You need to get out of here!
"I don't think we have time, guys." You turn to Youmu. "We need to get Aya out of here, and fast. Can you cut it open?" What you're standing on could only be the cockpit of Durandal. You're at a loss as to where the rest of it could be. You don't have the time to think.
Youmu draws her blade, plunging it into the heavy steel structure below. You use your own blade and start at the other end. The blue-green blade cuts through it like hot butter, melting the steel on contact. The snow around your incision melts, cooling it almost instantly. You make your way around the cockpit, cutting in a line opposite to Youmu's direction of movement.
"We've got company, folks!" Komachi stands just at the base of the cockpit with Sakuya under one arm. The two of them look more shook-up than injured. "Lots of 'em, coming from the North!"
"Hurry it up! We don't have all day!" You call to Youmu as your cut intersects with the end of hers. You'd like to be out of here before they arrive. "Yukari!"
*Way ahead of you. I'll have you out of there when you're ready.*
Youmu finishes her end, and the metal cut-out sinks slightly. You're through, now all you got to do is lift it! You try, but it's far too heavy. Yuka pushes you aside as you strain yourself to lift it.
"My turn, boy." She grabs the surface of the cockpit, the metal exposed from the heat made while you were cutting. It deforms like soft fabric in her grip, and she somehow manages to single-handedly lift it and toss it out of the way. You're in!
Without hesitation, you jump inside. You see Aya right in front, and you grab her. She's unconscious, but alive. Youmu takes her as you grab your own body. Your hand goes right through it. Like, well, a ghost. You can't pull it out, and you feel yourself being sucked back inside. You lose your balance.
A moment later, you open your eyes to find yourself seated at the controls of Durandal. A jagged shard of metal is pierced through the main screen. An inch or two further, and your body would've been unusable. You pull yourself from the seat, but there's no time to rejoice just yet. You can see snow in the distance being kicked up by more of these invisible machines. You estimate their numbers to be about ten.
"Yukari! Time to go!" You yell, the things are right on top of you!
And the next thing you know, they're gone. You land on the floor inside somebody's house. The rest of the group falls in around you. You allow a moment to collect yourself, and to survey the area. Most of your stuff is back, though you had to drop some of it back at the crash site. Komachi, Sakuya, and Yuka all lay on the floor, while Momiji tries to look after Aya. In front of you stands Yukari, along with the woman called Ran.
>> No. 58156
[x] Ask about the situation.
>> No. 58157
[x] Inventory
[x] Give your body a once over.
[x] "I heard them talking over the radio; what the hell are those things, Yukari?"
>> No. 58158
[x] Inventory
[x] Give your body a once over.
[x] Make sure everyone is alright. Especially Aya.
[x] "I heard them talking over the radio; what the hell are those things, Yukari?"
>> No. 58162
[x] Inventory
[x] Give your body a once over.
[x] Make sure everyone is alright. Especially Aya.
[x] "I heard them talking over the radio; what the hell are those things, Yukari?"
>> No. 58168
Oh God, thank you, Snake. I come back from vacation to find this glorious feat of writing waiting on me.

[x] Inventory
[x] Give your body a once over.
[x] Make sure everyone is alright. Especially Aya.
[x] "I heard them talking over the radio; what the hell are those things, Yukari?"
>> No. 58173
Equipped Snake:
1 Black headband (+3 badass skill)
1 Camouflage BDU (+50% Index in woodlands)
1 Damascus knife (Possible magic properties)
1 Sword (Much like Tenshi's)
1 Silver knife (Possible magic properties)
1 Shinigami cell phone (Death on speed dial)
1 Youkai monocle (EXTRA classy!)
1 Youkai monocle (Classy!)
1 Compass (Points North)
1 Sunflower Pendant (Unknown effect)

Equipped Aya:
1 Wooden box
1 Shinigami cell phone (Death on speed dial)

Equipped Yuka:
1 Flowery parasol (Torn)

Equipped Komachi:
1 Shinigami scythe

Equipped Youmu:
1 Butterfly pendant (Unknown effect)
1 Roukanken (Cuts just about anything)
1 Hakurouken (Destroys confusion)

Equipped Sakuya:
? Knives (Where do these things keep coming from?)
1 Mysterious pocket watch (Appears broken)


1 Gear bag (Ripped)
- 5 Hand grenades (Fragmentation type)
- 188 Pictures (Grows mysteriously with time)
- 4 M1911 mags
- 1 Mysterious box
- 21 Generic spellcards (Various effects)
- 1 Dangerous spellcard (Effect unknown, 1 soul required for use)
- 1 Bag of jewels (Unknown effect)
>> No. 58178
This is a cooldown period, people. Let's go through our stuff and rest.

[x] Give your body a once over.
[x] Make sure everyone is alright. Especially Aya.
[x] "I heard them talking over the radio; what the hell are those things, Yukari?"
[x] Give Sakuya the silver knife and the Damascus; she can make use of them better than you can.
[x] Get your cell phone from Aya and give Komachi her own cell phone back.
[x] Examine the wooden box.
[x] Examine the mysterious box.
[x] Examine the pictures.
[x] Ask Yuka if she knows what the jewels are; tell her you found them with her pendant.
[x] Drop the M1911 mags; you don't have--or need--a gun anymore.
[x] Ask Youmu if she's any good with a needle & thread; your bag is ripped (and Yuka might want her parasol mended).
[x] Radio Nitori and ask what the situation is on her side and ask if she knows where Aya's camera is.
>> No. 58181
[x] Give your body a once over.
[x] Make sure everyone is alright. Especially Aya.
[x] "I heard them talking over the radio; what the hell are those things, Yukari?"
[x] Give Sakuya the silver knife and the Damascus; she can make use of them better than you can.
[x] Get your cell phone from Aya and give Komachi her own cell phone back.
[x] Examine the wooden box.
[x] Examine the mysterious box.
[x] Examine the pictures.
[x] Ask Yuka if she knows what the jewels are; tell her you found them with her pendant.
[x] Drop the M1911 mags; you don't have--or need--a gun anymore.
[x] Ask Youmu if she's any good with a needle & thread; your bag is ripped (and Yuka might want her parasol mended).
[x] Radio Nitori and ask what the situation is on her side and ask if she knows where Aya's camera is.
>> No. 58182
[x] Give your body a once over.
[x] Make sure everyone is alright. Especially Aya.
[x] "I heard them talking over the radio; what the hell are those things, Yukari?"
[x] Give Sakuya the silver knife and the Damascus; she can make use of them better than you can.
[x] Get your cell phone from Aya and give Komachi her own cell phone back.
[x] Examine the wooden box.
[x] Examine the mysterious box.
[x] Examine the pictures.
[x] Ask Yuka if she knows what the jewels are; tell her you found them with her pendant.
[x] Drop the M1911 mags; you don't have--or need--a gun anymore.
[x] Ask Youmu if she's any good with a needle & thread; your bag is ripped (and Yuka might want her parasol mended).
[x] Radio Nitori and ask what the situation is on her side and ask if she knows where Aya's camera is.
>> No. 58186
[x] Give your body a once over.
[x] Make sure everyone is alright. Especially Aya.
[x] "I heard them talking over the radio; what the hell are those things, Yukari?"
[x] Give Sakuya the silver knife and the Damascus; she can make use of them better than you can.
[x] Get your cell phone from Aya and give Komachi her own cell phone back.
[x] Examine the wooden box.
[x] Examine the mysterious box.
[x] Examine the pictures.
[x] Ask Yuka if she knows what the jewels are; tell her you found them with her pendant.
[x] Drop the M1911 mags; you don't have--or need--a gun anymore.
[x] Ask Youmu if she's any good with a needle & thread; your bag is ripped (and Yuka might want her parasol mended).
[x] Radio Nitori and ask what the situation is on her side and ask if she knows where Aya's camera is.
>> No. 58188
Yukari appears to be looking through a hole in the wall, but the faint blue glow around her face tells you otherwise. She's looking through one of those gaps, but looking at what?
"What the hell are those things?" You ask her directly.
"Your guess is as good as mine, but they're certainly confused."
You'd expect as much. If you'd disappeared right in front of yourself, you'd be a little confused too.
"I could hear them over the radio." You can still hear them. They're trying to regroup..
"I know." She nods, though still refusing to acknowledge you further. She motions for Ran to look through the portal in the wall.
They seem a little too interested in that gap for you to get any information at this time. You sort out your equipment, as well as yourself and Aya.
You're back in your own body, you think. You don't feel any different than before, though all your stuff is back with you. Aya is unhurt. From what you can tell, she's only sleeping. You'd ripped the gear bag pulling it out of the cockpit, and it's pretty much unusable now. You gather up what you can while discarding unnecessary equipment. While you're at it, you decide to divide up the gear to whoever can use it best. The knives go to the maid, and you give back Komachi's phone.
There's also a few loose ends you'd like to tie up regarding some of the gear, most of it from Yuka's place. You start with that wooden box Aya's been keeping with her. It's not locked, and all it holds is a thin leaf turned into some sort of fan. A keepsake, perhaps? In this world, you've learned, appearances are almost always deceiving. There's got to be something more to it.
You take the second phone from her pocket, replacing them with the set of pictures she'd taken over the course of your travels. There's also that small box you'd found under one of the beds in Yuka's mansion. You still can't get it open.
She seems to notice you messing with it, and grabs it from your hand. She inspects it silently for a few seconds, only to pop it open with her unimaginable strength like a walnut shell. From it, she pulls out another of those pendants, this one in the shape of a feathered wing. She holds it out in the palm of her hand.
"Trade you." She smiles. You accept, offering up the sunflower one in exchange for the one in her hand. Neither of them seem to hold any significance to you beyond the symbols themselves.
"While we're at it," You take everything else you took from her place and set it in front of her. "I brought all of this out of your mansion. Any idea what they do?"
She sorts through the papers, taking out several that seem to hold some interest to her.
"Spellcards, charged stones.." She looks them over carefully. "None of it's mine." She gives you a strange look. "What was it doing in my house..?"
"Don't ask me." You don't know any better than the others. You'd hoped she knew.
You think for a minute, attempting to remember the smaller details that may help you. With Durandal gone missing, you've lost most of your attack capability. If it was set up like RAY, you should start with Nitori. You try to raise her over the radio.
*Snake? What's up?*
"I'm trying to find our robot."
*Oh, that? Well, don't ask me. Please don't tell me you broke another one..* There's a tinge of dread to her voice.
"I can't say for certain. It's out there without a pilot right now. I was hoping you could help me find it."
*Aw, hell.. Not this again.. Alright, I'll see what I can do..*
You wait for a minute, checking everybody's injuries while you wait. Yuka's healed up completely, Sakuya won't show you her wounds, and the others seem fine. Yuka's parasol seems to have fixed itself while you weren't looking.
*Woah! You won't believe what I'm seein'!*
"What? What is it?"
*It's huge! Gotta be at least 50 meters!*
"What does it look like? Where's Durandal?!" She's not making any sense. It only serves to fill your mind with more questions.
*Durandal? You mean the robot, right? It's fine, taking cover somewhere under the lake. Holy-* She cuts off the transmission mid-sentence. *You should leave it there for now, all things considered.* She lets out a nervous laugh.
"Nitori? What is it?!"
*It's shootin' lasers! Honest-to-God lasers! I've never seen anything like it! Aw shit, there goes the picture!*
"Hear, hear." Yukari mumbles nonchalantly, still looking through that gap. "It's real, alright."
You don't have to rush over or push her aside. She opens up another gap right in front of you. You gather everybody around to witness the spectacle. What you see is unnerving.
At first, you can't see it over the sheer volume of fire directed towards the cockpit on which you'd once stood. It's blowing it away, as if to destroy some sort of evidence. The monstrous object looms into view, casting an enormous shadow over the flattened hunk of burning metal.
It's a ship, though it bears more resemblance to an aircraft. It hovers in midair, slowly making it's way across your field of view. It has no manner of appendages, only guns upon guns upon guns. The smaller creatures you fought before file into this thing like a naval carrier as it holds ground over the blackened ground. This is your enemy. As the last one is loaded, it zooms off towards the mountains at a speed that could match Aya's.
"Oh, Hell no!" Komachi backs away with a look of abject terror on her face. "What the fuck is that thing?!"
"I've seen these before.." Yuka mutters, almost inaudibly. "Why is it--"

----------

Equipped Snake:
1 Black headband (+3 badass skill)
1 Camouflage BDU (+50% Index in woodlands)
1 Sword (Much like Tenshi's)
1 Shinigami cell phone (Death on speed dial)
1 Youkai monocle (EXTRA classy!)
1 Youkai monocle (Classy!)
1 Compass (Points North)
1 Wing Pendant (Unknown effect)
5 Hand grenades (Fragmentation type)
16 Generic spellcards (Various effects)
1 Dangerous spellcard (Effect unknown, 1 soul required for use)
1 Bag of jewels (Unknown effect)

Equipped Aya:
1 Wooden box
188 Pictures (Grows mysteriously with time)

Equipped Yuka:
1 Flowery parasol (Torn)
1 Sunflower Pendant (Unknown effect)
5 Generic spellcards (Various effects)

Equipped Komachi:
1 Shinigami scythe
1 Shinigami cell phone (Death on speed dial)

Equipped Youmu:
1 Butterfly pendant (Unknown effect)
1 Roukanken (Cuts just about anything)
1 Hakurouken (Destroys confusion)

Equipped Sakuya:
? Knives (Where do these things keep coming from?)
1 Mysterious pocket watch (Appears broken)
1 Damascus knife (Possible magic properties)
1 Silver knife (Possible magic properties)
>> No. 58189
Finally. Metal Gear.

The wing pendant is likely a symbol for the crow tengu, so we should ask Aya if she recognizes it when she revives.

[x] "I'll assume this giant floating battleship is our 'dragon'. Yuka you've seen this thing before?"
[x] "Nitori, if Durandal's taking cover under the lake, what was it I just saw blasted into oblivion?"

Fucking aliens. Well, that explains the laser pistol from earlier.
>> No. 58195
[x] "I'll assume this giant floating battleship is our 'dragon'. Yuka you've seen this thing before?"
[x] "Nitori, if Durandal's taking cover under the lake, what was it I just saw blasted into oblivion?"
>> No. 58197
File 12203303885.png - (6.39KB , 126x126 , Th02FlowerTank.png ) [iqdb]
58197
Uh oh.
>> No. 58198
File 122033080737.png - (5.48KB , 126x126 , Th02FlyingTankSigma.png ) [iqdb]
58198
>>58197

No worries, that's just a stage 1 boFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 58199
[⓿] "I'll assume this giant floating battleship is our 'dragon'. Yuka you've seen this thing before?"
[⓿] "Nitori, if Durandal's taking cover under the lake, what was it I just saw blasted into oblivion?"

Evil Eye Sigma (Σ) is reborn as Evil Eye Stigma (Ϛ).

This is Phantasm league, folks.
>> No. 58201
[+] "I'll assume this giant floating battleship is our 'dragon'. Yuka you've seen this thing before?"
[+] "Nitori, if Durandal's taking cover under the lake, what was it I just saw blasted into oblivion?"
>> No. 58202
[+] "I'll assume this giant floating battleship is our 'dragon'. Yuka you've seen this thing before?"
[+] "Nitori, if Durandal's taking cover under the lake, what was it I just saw blasted into oblivion?"

>"I've seen these before.." Yuka mutters, almost inaudibly. "Why is it--"

METAL GEAR!

We're going to need some impressive firepower to take on something that could make Komachi to react as she did. Maybe we could get whats left of Sigma and whats left of Durandal and use SCIENCE to even the odds.
>> No. 58204
"Why is it what, Yuka?" She was about to say something. You want to hear the rest.
"Why is it here?" She scratches her head, more confused than anything.
"Is this what attacked RAY?"
"I.. Believe so, yes." The portal in front of you closes as the thing disappears behind the mountains.
And speaking of RAY, what was it they just destroyed? You know it contained the cockpit, but how much of Durandal went with it? You turn to the only one you know who'd have the answers.
"Nitori. Is there anything you can tell me about the damage Durandal's taken?"
*It ejected the cockpit after running into that.. thing, though beyond a few missing plates lost during combat, there's nothing wrong with it. For now, you won't be able to pilot it.*
As she finishes, another transmission breaks in over the radio.
*Target destroyed. Moving to vantage point Alpha. Scouting units two through eight have been dispatched out to scavenge the area. We'll find it soon enough.*
*Good work. Standby on this channel and await further instructions.*
Oh great, more of them. The second voice is familiar, though you can't quite place it. You're certain you've heard it before..
"So I take it this is our dragon?" You turn to Yukari, hoping she might be able to enlighten you on the issue.
"I suppose you could say that." She smiles meekly. "To be quite honest, there was no dragon to begin with."
"What." Youmu replies flatly, seemingly still in a state of shock.
"That's correct." She takes a seat in the middle of the room, preparing for what could be a long argument ahead. Having not even seen the dragon once, you're not too surprised.
"So if it doesn't exist, then why did we come all the way out here?"
"It does exist." You didn't expect that kind of response, nor did you expect somebody like Kanako to show up at a time like this. "You saw it, Snake. Remember?"
Yukari turns to face the newcomer. "What, may I ask, are you doing in my house?"
You could ask the same thing. What the hell is she doing here? Where is 'here' anyway? Other than inside Yukari's house, you have no clue where you are right now.
"Somebody's been messing with the weather. I thought you, of all people, would know who's doing it is." She shrugs, sitting on the floor by the doorway.
"Blame it on the celestial girl, if you must." Yukari sends the Goddess a frustrated glance. "She's merely trying to help us."
"But snow? In the middle of summer?" Kanako throws her arms up in the air. "People're gonna be pissed, and they're gonna come to me for solutions! How the hell am I supposed to fix this?"
"I don't think now's the time for idle talk about the weather." Yuka stands over he sitting Goddess, possibly trying to intimidate her. "Have you seen it?"
"Seen what?" Kanako looks completely confused, now. "If it's about the dragon, the-"
"No, it's not about the dragon!" Yuka stomps her foot in aggravation, silencing Kanako mid-sentence. "The ship! Didn't you see it?"
"The what?"
"It's hiding right behind your shrine! You must've seen it!"
That's true, it did fly off into the same mountain range. Considering that they live on the tallest peak, shouldn't it have been easy to spot?
"No, I haven't. I've been busy with work underground since last week." She pulls herself to her feet slowly, completely ignoring Yuka's angered glare. "What are you talking about?"
"If you haven't seen it, you will." Yuka leaves it at that, storming back to your side without another word.
"Jeez, you make it seem like I'm walking in on the end-of-the-world convention, here." Kanako sighs, completely baffled by Yuka's lack of explanation.
You couldn't even begin to describe that ship you just saw, so your words probably won't be of much help. You are curious about that dragon, though.
"You said we saw a dragon. When?"
"Remember the big glowing eye?"
How could you forget? Kanako seems to notice your understanding.
"That's a dragon. They live in dark dimensions like those now, since their powers are unnecessary in the current living worlds."
"Wait, you mean to say you saw a dragon?" Yukari, the one you'd least expect to be surprised is at a loss.
"Our boy Snake here gets around." Kanako pasts you once on the back. "You tell him to find a dragon that never set foot into Gensokyo, and he goes and finds one. Smart kid, huh?"
"It would seem so.." Yukari studies you for a second longer before turning to the others. "Although.." Her eyes settle on Momiji and Aya. You think you just saw her move!
You rush over to Aya's side, focusing all your attention on her as her eyes open.
"Snake?" She lays a hand on your lap. "I just had this horrible dream.."
>> No. 58211
[x] Grin. "Lemme guess, I died and you were attacked by swarm of vicious robots?" Laugh.
[x] "All I can say for now is that I've literally gone to hell and back for you, Aya. And I even brought back a souvenir." Hand her the wing pendant and kiss her on the lips.
[x] "Momizi, could you bring Aya up to speed while I talk with Yukari?"
[x] Go back to conversing with Yukari.
[x] Attempt to radio Dee or failing that ask Nitori to get Dee to move to your position.
>> No. 58215
[+] Grin. "Lemme guess, I died and you were attacked by swarm of vicious robots?" Laugh.
[+] "All I can say for now is that I've literally gone to hell and back for you, Aya. And I even brought back a souvenir." Show her the wing pendant.
Simplifying it a little.
>> No. 58224
[x] Grin. "Lemme guess, I died and you were attacked by swarm of vicious robots?" Laugh.
[x] "All I can say for now is that I've literally gone to hell and back for you, Aya. And I even brought back a souvenir." Hand her the wing pendant and kiss her on the lips.
[x] "Momizi, could you bring Aya up to speed while I talk with Yukari?"
[x] Go back to conversing with Yukari.
[x] Attempt to radio Dee or failing that ask Nitori to get Dee to move to your position.
>> No. 58225
[x] Grin. "Lemme guess, I died and you were attacked by swarm of vicious robots?" Laugh.
[x] "All I can say for now is that I've literally gone to hell and back for you, Aya. And I even brought back a souvenir." Hand her the wing pendant and kiss her on the lips.
[x] "Momizi, could you bring Aya up to speed?"
[x] Ask Yuka where she'd seen the ship before.
>> No. 58226
[x] Grin. "Lemme guess, I died and you were attacked by swarm of vicious robots?" Laugh.
[x] "All I can say for now is that I've literally gone to hell and back for you, Aya. And I even brought back a souvenir." Show her the wing pendant.

I like the simplified version a bit more.
>> No. 58229
"Lemme guess, evil robots and a dead me, right?" You try to smile earnestly, though the though that you may have to fight that thing weighs heavily on your mind. "It wasn't a dream, kiddo."
"I know.." She smiles, looking around the room. "What's going on?" She asks, seeing everybody's worried expressions.
"A lot, and none of it's good." You don't want to concern her with such matters right after she woke up. "I've been to Hell and back for you, and now I want you to take it easy."
"I'll say, you look like shit." She stifles a playful giggle. It's a welcoming sight.
"I mean it. I've even brought back a souvenir." You hold out the wing pendant, though you know better that it came out of Yuka's mansion. It's something, at least.
"Wings?" She touches the clean silver pendant, pulling you down close to her as she gives it a tug. "Are you an angel now?"
"Far from it." You laugh. "Apparently I'm supposed to be an evil spirit. You know, like that Mima." You mimic Yuka's words and tone as you remember her saying it.
"Correction." Komachi stands forward. "You're more demon than spirit, now. You didn't have a physical body before, and now that you've reclaimed it, your changed spirit seems to have influenced it's nature. Unlike Mima, you had a body to return to, so I don't know quite what'll happen after this."
It's not important, not now anyways. All that matters to you now lays smiling in your lap.
"Correction," You mimic Komachi, this time with a wry grin. "I'm a mass of concentrated evil trapped in a meat sack. Will you still love me?" You meant only to joke around, but that last line seemed to force it's way out of you.
"Of course." She pulls you back down, kissing you softly on the cheek. "Now tell me what's going on."
You spend the next few minutes filling her in on the details. You tell her how you'd escaped from Hell, your journey to the surface, and everything that's happened since then. In return, she tells you all she can about the attack on the mansion. You've heard most of it already, though she describes a short but intense aerial battle she'd held with that flying tank or whatever the hell it is. From what she's told you, it not only has an array of lasers and pulse machine guns, but it has an entire arsenal of missiles and can hold a little more than a platoon of those mechanical drones.
"Sounds nasty.." You're dreading it more and more. Every word you hear is bad news.
"Missiles and lasers?! What's next? Nukes?! I've had enough of this!" Komachi gathers her things in a hurry. "They don't pay me enough for this shit!"
Youmu blocks her exit. "Where do you think you're going? We need all the help we can get."
Komachi draws the object's shape in the air. "How the fuck can you expect fight that?!"
"We'll have to think of something." Youmu holds her ground, completely calm.
"I envy your resolve.. I just can't do it." Komachi tries to push past her to no avail.
"Please. We all feel the same way." Sakuya, who's been silently cleaning knife after knife this whole time, finally stands to speak.
"You too?" Komachi drops her stuff on the floor. "Jeez, you folks make me look like a damned coward!" She takes a seat just behind it. "Guess I got no choice.."
If it wasn't her, you'd probably have been the one to run out. Compared to the women here, you're nothing short of powerless. Fighting a beast like that would only serve to throw you in an early grave. You've had enough of dying for one lifetime.
>> No. 58230
>>58229

A demon? As in, from Makai?

[x] Ask Yukari what she brought you here for, if not for a dragon.
[x] Attempt to radio Dee or failing that, ask Nitori if she can get Dee to your position.
[x] Take Yuyuko's suggestion to heart and pay her a visit; you want to hear what she has to say.
>> No. 58231
>"Missiles and lasers?! What's next? Nukes?! I've had enough of this!"

We need to get Utsuho into our party now.
>> No. 58234
Goddamn, Arsenal Gear Sigma.
>> No. 58235
[x] Ask Yukari what she brought you here for, if not for a dragon.
[x] Attempt to radio Dee or failing that, ask Nitori if she can get Dee to your position.
[x] Take Yuyuko's suggestion to heart and pay her a visit; you want to hear what she has to say.
>> No. 58236
[x] Ask Yukari what she brought you here for, if not for a dragon.
[x] Ask Yuka where she'd seen the ship before.
[x] Attempt to radio Dee or failing that, ask Nitori if she can get Dee to your position.
[x] Take Yuyuko's suggestion to heart and pay her a visit; you want to hear what she has to say.

Yuka knows something she hasn't told us yet.
>> No. 58281
As usual, you're left with more questions than you know what to do with. If there really wasn't a dragon, then what was the purpose of your running around earlier?
"Yukari," The mere mention of her name causes her to focus entirely on you. "If there wasn't a dragon, then why was I out there looking for one?"
"Do you really want an answer to that?" She gives you a sly grin. Indeed, you've thought about it. Possibilities ranging from her using you to suppress her boredom, to you being bait to flush out this mechanical monstrosity have crossed your mind. You're not in the mood to be faced with such a reality, though you have to know.
"Yeah, tell me."
"To be quite honest, I'd honestly thought there was a dragon present, at first." Her smirk disappears, replaced by a thoughtful frown. "After a while, I'd learned what had really happened that day over the human village, though you seemed to be having fun. I figured I'd let you keep at it."
"Huh.." Truth be told, it really was a lot of fun. You'd hoped things would never change.. But what really happened, then? You're willing to take the risk and hear something you might be adverse to knowing.
"I know that look.." She smiles, reading your intent. "Alright, I'll talk. To make it simple, this 'dragon' everybody's been going on about was nothing more than a propellor plane passing over the skies. I believe you'd heard something about it already?"
"I did." Shinki mentioned something about an airplane, though you'd already connected the two much earlier. The reason you'd never found anything was simply because it passed out through the other side of the Border. You could easily solve the rest of the problem yourself.
Now, on the forefront of your mind, is firepower. You need something that could take down that beastly flying fortress, and Durandal is the only thing that comes to mind. Is it possible to call it out of the lake? You might as well try.
"Nitori, is it possible to move Durandal to my position?"
*Doubtful. It's programmed to remain hidden until the danger passes, or one of us contacts it. Unfortunately, the radio device on-board was in the cockpit, so that pretty much rules out option two.*
"Damn, we could've used her.." Sinking feeling, anyone? The situation just keeps on getting worse and worse. You need something--anything--that could help you. The one person you know who seems to be familiar with the object is Yuka. She's been hovering over you precariously for the past few minutes.
"Need something?" You wonder if she's been trying to talk to you.
"Not really. I'd just like to say a few things about that machine."
"I won't stop you. If you know anything at all, tell us."
She takes a seat directly in front of you and Aya. The two women match gazes for a split second before Yuka begins talking.
"It's not much, really. Though I do believe it may pose some significance. I've seen others.. Like this one, though not quite of such size. Years ago, I managed to destroy one, only to find a human inside." She smiles, reliving the moment. "It was quite delicious."
Youkai eat people. Right. Nothing new there, though the fact that you're sitting and chatting with a man-eater is more than unsettling. You don't allow your personal feelings to intrude, permitting her to continue.
"Though, getting to it was quite a task. It's firepower was astounding, despite it's small size. I learned that the machine was weak on the underside, and after a few tries I managed to crack it open." She lets out a chuckle as she stands and walks away.
The fact that it may have a weak section below it could pose useful, provided you're able to get through it's hail of bullets and missiles. You'd like to study it's patterns a little more before you move in for the kill, and that means giving it a target.. You're not willing to sacrifice anybody here to accomplish that.
"Snake." Youmu pats you on the shoulder. "If you've no further questions, my mistress has asked me to bring you before her."
"I think I'm just about done with questions.." You have plenty, but you're in no mood to bring them up. "Sure, let's go."
Yukari looks up from whatever's been occupying her attention this entire time. "Ah, oh yes.. It's too dangerous with that thing outside, so I'll just send you there in the usual way. First, I'd like a few of you to act as scouts to find it's hiding place. Any volunteers?"
Sakuya stands up, determination in her eyes. "I'll go." She glances at you. You notice her fumbling with your darkened blade in her hands. "This is a nice knife. I'd very much like to borrow it."
"Go right ahead." She'll need all the knives she can get. "Don't do anything stupid."
"I leave that to the gate guard." She smiles as the floor opens up beneath her. Yukari drops her into God-knows-where right before your eyes, and she doesn't seem to mind it--or notice it--one bit.
"Send me, as well" Momiji looks to Aya for approval as she too stands. The dog-eared girl drops through the floor as Aya nods 'yes'.
"She'll be fine." Aya pats you on the cheek before trying to sit up straight. She manages to handle herself just fine without your help. "With her eyes, she'll see it coming a mile away. I mean that."
"I should guess the rest of us will be making a visit to the ghost princess?" Yuka doesn't sound at all enthusiastic. "If I must.." As a result of her half-hearted opposition, she goes first, dropping through the floor like a stone. Komachi follows, then Youmu, and you and Aya last. You notice Yukari and Kanako waving to you as they fall from sight.
You land somewhere in the Netherworld's snow-covered gardens. By the looks of things, everything seems normal. No signs of combat, and thankfully no sign of the enemy. Just ahead, you see the ghostly figure of Yuyuko staring off into space at the front stoop of the mansion.
>> No. 58282
>>58281

[x] Greet Yuyuko warmly.
>> No. 58295
[x] Greet Yuyuko warmly.
>> No. 58296
>"Go right ahead." She'll need all the knives she can get. "Don't do anything stupid."
>"I leave that to the gate guard."

I lol'd

[x] Greet Yuyuko warmly.
>> No. 58297
[x] Greet Yuyuko warmly.
>> No. 58336
[x] Greet Yuyuko warmly.
>> No. 58370
You take a good look around. Aside from Youmu, the others all seem to have been sent elsewhere. There's snow covering just about everything, but the air is surprisingly warm. It's comfortable, if not just a bit strange. Yuyuko doesn't seem to notice your approach.
As you get closer, she looks to be asleep. Good thing you'd noticed; you were about to say something. Instead, you take Youmu and sit down quietly next to Yuyuko. In the distance, you see the remainder of your team regrouping. You expect they'll be over in a minute or two.
"?!" Yuyuko slips from her seated position, falling flat onto the wooden floor. Her eyes bolt open, locking onto Youmu, who stands silently in front of her.
"Sleep well?" You offer her a hand up.
She accepts it hesitantly, rubbing her eyes with the other.
"How long have I been asleep?" She adjusts her hair, attempting to make herself presentable.
"Dunno, we just got here. Don't worry, you didn't keep us waiting." You decide to allow her some time before getting down to business.
"Shall I prepare some tea?" Youmu asks, graciously.
"No, that won't be necessary.. Not yet." Yuyuko waves off the thought.
"So what's this about? Why was I called here?"
"Oh, several things actually." She smiles. "Though I'll explain in due time. You're in no hurry, are you?"
"Uhh.." You think for a second. Fighting that giant ball of twisted steel without a plan? No thanks. What about the others. Is there anything pressing on their minds? You look off into the distance. They're closing in, slowly save for Aya. As usual, she's the fastest of the group.
"I don't believe we're in a great hurry." Youmu replies before you could say anything. "Time is of no great concern as of right now."
"Good. We'll have tea, then." Yuyuko turns that carefree smile towards Youmu.
"Of course." She bows, kicking off her shoes and running off inside.
Yuyuko faces you with a slightly different look. "Now it's just the two of us.."
"Three, actually." Aya interjects, hovering otherwise silently just overhead. She'd arrived a little sooner than you'd expected. You notice a look of disappointment cross over Yuyuko's smiling face, though she says nothing.
"So how goes the hunt, Princess?" Aya bows in midair before slowly turning around and sitting down on your lap. "What's the big story this time?"
Yuyuko eyeballs the two of you cautiously. You get the feeling she wants to say something.
"No, it's not important." She mumbles quietly to herself before raising her voice. "Are you aware of what has happened to you, Snake?"
"A little, yeah." You probably don't know all of the details, though Komachi said something about demons.
"I see." She turns her gaze forward, watching the oncoming group or something off in the distance. "I have my doubts. You're not sure of it, are you?"
"To be honest, no. I'm not." You can't simply accept something like that, just because you were told it's true. "Do you know something?"
"Perhaps, perhaps not. I'll leave that matter to your own judgement." Her smile returns, overwhelming you with dread, rather than putting your mind at ease. She seems sad, for some reason.
>> No. 58371
[x] "I want the truth!"
>> No. 58372
>>58370

[x] "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now?"
>> No. 58373
[x] "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now?"

Be nice to know what the hell the use for these things are
>> No. 58398
[X] "What has happened to me?"

then

[X] "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now?"
>> No. 58399
>>58371

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH

[x] "I've variously been referred to as a human, a youkai, a demon, an evil spirit, and a celestial. Can you maybe narrow the list down?"
[x] Pull Aya's pendant out of her shirt. "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now? Youmu's got the butterfly; I got this one after trading Yuka the sunflower."
>> No. 58401
>>58399
[x] "I've variously been referred to as a human, a youkai, a demon, an evil spirit, and a celestial. Can you maybe narrow the list down?"
[x] Pull Aya's pendant out of her shirt. "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now? Youmu's got the butterfly; I got this one after trading Yuka the sunflower."

Superior.
>> No. 58411
[x] "I've variously been referred to as a human, a youkai, a demon, an evil spirit, and a celestial. Can you maybe narrow the list down?"
[x] Pull Aya's pendant out of her shirt. "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now? Youmu's got the butterfly; I got this one after trading Yuka the sunflower."
>> No. 58412
[Q] "I've variously been referred to as a human, a youkai, a demon, an evil spirit, and a celestial. Can you maybe narrow the list down?"
[Q] Pull Aya's pendant out of her shirt. "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now? Youmu's got the butterfly; I got this one after trading Yuka the sunflower."
>> No. 58413
[x] "I've variously been referred to as a human, a youkai, a demon, an evil spirit, and a celestial. Can you maybe narrow the list down?"
[x] Pull Aya's pendant out of her shirt. "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now? Youmu's got the butterfly; I got this one after trading Yuka the sunflower."
>> No. 58414
[+] "I've variously been referred to as a human, a youkai, a demon, an evil spirit, and a celestial. Can you maybe narrow the list down?"
[+] Pull Aya's pendant out of her shirt. "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now? Youmu's got the butterfly; I got this one after trading Yuka the sunflower."
Gondwaban.
>> No. 58416
[x] "I've variously been referred to as a human, a youkai, a demon, an evil spirit, and a celestial. Can you maybe narrow the list down?"
[x] Pull Aya's pendant out of her shirt. "Think you can tell me about what these pendants do now? Youmu's got the butterfly; I got this one after trading Yuka the sunflower."
>> No. 58432
>>58370
....Suddenly, I remember being told we had a good number of affection points with Yuyuko racked up, way back in the beginning.

I still want Aya, but now I feel sorry for Yuyu.



....She waited for you, Snake.
>> No. 58433
>>58432

FUCK, I had completely forgotten about that. Damn you Tengu! Why must you be so damn lovable in this story?! I mean, yeah it started with a random boning, but come on!
>> No. 58435
>>58432
No worries, once Mode is back he will give us Yuyuko.
>> No. 58436
>>58435

Indeed I will.
>> No. 58514
UPDATE
>> No. 58544
Why does she make that face? You can't ignore it, but asking her about it may only make the situation worse. It pains you a bit, but you leave it be.
"I'll believe just about anything right now. The people I've visited have pegged me as being just about anything. If you know anything, please tell me."
"Yes, of course.." She looks away for a brief moment as she speaks. It doesn't take long for her to get down to business. "I've little knowledge of what you've already been told, but I can't see you as anything other than a spirit."
Maybe..
"Could these have anything to do with it?" You pull the wing pendant from under your shirt.
Her eyes widen. "How did you--" She grabs for the chain around your neck, pulling the pendant--and you--close to her. "Where did you find this? How many more do you have?"
"Several. I've found two more of them since we last met. Can you tell me what they are, now?" She refused to offer you any knowledge the last time, and you can only hope she'll be a little more willing to help this time around.
"They're a simple device, really. Each one offers a certain measure of spiritual powers to the bearer." She pauses, releasing her grip around the pendant. "The one you have here can grant any creature to fly, so long as you have it on."
"What about the others? Aside from the one you saw before, I had one shaped like a sunflower, as well."
"Sunflower..." She stops to think. You wait patiently, watching as her eyes eventually settle on somebody in the group. Something in her mind seems to click. "Ah! That's.. I would expect it may grant the user an unimaginable power, all things considered."
"Makes sense.." Aya moves aside, eyeballing Yuka.
"And the last one?" She still hasn't told you about the butterfly.
"I believe you should know that already.."
Why isn't she telling you?
"I don't. Can't you just tell me?"
She averts her gaze silently. Her eyes slowly creep back up to meet yours.
"That one.. It weakens the bonds between body and spirit."
Why would she let you carry that thing? Why didn't she tell you that before? That pendant is responsible for your current body, isn't it? Wouldn't that make her responsible?! You try to halt the feelings of anger welling up inside you.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I can't answer that. Not now.." Again, she looks away. Why does she keep doing that? It's frustrating!
"What about his out-of-body experience earlier?" Aya interjects, allowing you time to cool your head and collect your thoughts. "Could he do something like that again? I mean, could he control it? You of all people should know!"
"I- I do believe it's possible, though it's not without danger." You notice she's being a little more direct with Aya, compared to you.
"So... What does that mean?"
"The body and soul cannot exist without the other in most circumstances. If one dies, the other dies with it. His body will be rendered vulnerable were he to leave it." She looks directly at you, now. "An evil spirit is an interesting being. You've become a ghost capable of interacting with the physical world, though the interaction is selective. Only by your will can another object touch you when you're free from your body." She smiles faintly. "I was told you spent some time in hell. Tell me, how was it?"
"Dunno. I talked one of the oni into letting me out as soon as I got there." A cakewalk, that. It was far easier than you'd initially envisioned.
"Was the trip to the surface hot? Were you at all burned?"
Now that she mentions it..
"Not particularly. I felt a little bit of the heat, but it was more like a hot day at the beach than anything." The cold was far more intense.
"I thought so.. Living beings without magical protections would be burnt to a crisp in an instant were they to journey so far down."
You remember, Reimu looked like hell when you'd ran into her. The local youkai seemed fine, though. You figure they're probably well used to it.
"That Death God told me something weird, though." It just came to you. "She said that since I'm back in my body, I've become some sort of demon. What would you make of that?"
She stifles a giggle, covering her mouth with a robed hand.
"An educated guess, I'd expect. Your body is perfectly human, and all you've done is possessed yourself. With enough training, you may be able to do the same with others."
"So..." You think for a second. Does that mean you can take over other people's bodies? Before, you didn't think ghosts even existed. Now you are one, complete with total body control? Your complete acceptance of this possibility is nothing short of amazing. Your run-ins with all these ghosts and goblins living in this world must've warped your mind more than you'd thought.
"So," Yuyuko continues your sentence. "If you'll permit me.." She holds out a hand, motioning for you to take it.
>> No. 58546
[x] Take it
>> No. 58547
[x] Take it
>> No. 58548
[x] Take it

Cool stuff coming up.
>> No. 58549
[x] Take it
>> No. 58550
[x] Take it
>> No. 58551
[X] Take it easy
>> No. 58553
[x] Take it
>> No. 58555
>>58023
Lookin' kinda Sephiroth there, Mima.
>> No. 58580
Ooh. Yuyuko just indirectly admitted that she gave us the pendant so that we'd become a ghost and be more or less forced to stay with her.

Well, having the flight pendant is sure to come in handy.

I hope not having the sunflower pendant doesn't mean we lose the power we've already got.

[+] Take it
>> No. 58590
>>58580
>I hope not having the sunflower pendant doesn't mean we lose the power we've already got.

We were able to use our powers when we were disembodied. I think that "ungodly amount of power" Patchy mentioned is still there, though the pendant was probably facilitating its accumulation. Probably better off in Yuka's hands, fueling Dual Sparks; she said she didn't need it when we first presented it, but I think she changed her mind after getting her ass kicked in the mansion.

I'm more interested in the effect the butterfly pendant will have on Youmu/Myon.
>> No. 58605
Alright, why not? Since she asked so nicely..
Though as soon as you place your hand in her palm, she grabs it and yanks you from your seat, throwing you into the snowy yard ahead.
"What the-" You're too surprised to be angry. You stand up, brush yourself off, and wonder just what the hell happened. As you turn around, you see yourself, laying unconscious the the wooden floor.
Yuyuko doesn't give you time to ask questions. She waves you over to her, and somehow, either against your will or otherwise, you're drawn back to her.
"How does it feel?" She smiles.
You don't really feel any different, though you seem to have regained your ability to float around.
"Wha-" Aya looks to you in shock, then looks to your body laying beside her. "Why are there two of him?"
"You can see him?" Yuyuko giggles. "Good."
"So, mind telling me the point of this?" Overcoming your surprise, you finally form your question into words.
"It's simple, really." She half-floats, half-walks over to you. "Can you remember how it felt--to be suddenly separated from yourself?"
"It felt like you pulled me over and threw me onto the ground is what it felt like. Why?" You still harbor some resentment towards this woman. After all, she simply sat back and allowed you to turn into the monster you've become.
"Do you think you could do it yourself?" She doesn't seem to pay any mind to your anger.
"Never hurts to try.." You float back over to your body and place a hand over it's chest like before. In an instant, you suddenly regain your consciousness. You're back to normal again!
Now, to see if you can get back out. She'd used your hand to separate you, though you don't think the same will work if you do it yourself. You'll have to concentrate hard if you plan on getting it to work.
Simply concentrating doesn't seem to do anything, though. You're still in one piece, and there's nothing you can think of that'd get you out of yourself. At this rate, you'll probably end up an old man before you get it right.
"A little help?" She seems to take some enjoyment out of you trying hard to accomplish this.
"There's nothing I can tell you." She smiles, "This is something you'll have to figure out on your own."
Great, she's no help. Looks like you're on your own this time.. You hang your head as you try to think of a solution, only stopping to take a passing glance at Aya sitting beside you.
"Hey, don't look at me. I can't do anything about it." She smiles, though she seems slightly irritated for some reason.
She's right, though. You're on your own here. What about the first time you'd been separated from your body? What happened then that caused it? Why did you look like you'd been stabbed when you wound up in that field of flowers? Could Tenshi's sword have had anything to do with it? You have your own now, so it may be worth a shot. You take it from your belt loop, start it up, and hold it an inch away from your wrist. Through the intense light, you can faintly see some manner of distortion in your skin closest to it.
"You're just full of surprises today.." Yuyuko's voice halts your thought process. "That sword.." She points to it, though she seems reluctant to touch it.
"This thing?" You switch the blade off and hold it in your lap. She's staring at it awfully intensely. "I found it when I escaped from Hell. I don't know why somebody would want to throw such a good weapon away like that."
"There's a reason for everything in this world, Snake." She smiles faintly, her eyes don't stray from the weapon for even a second. "If you found it, you were probably bound to find it eventually."
"Do you think it could help me to separate myself?"
"I don't doubt it. The blade seems to hold some manner of spiritual power."
"Well, here's to hoping it doesn't hurt.."
You don't allow yourself time to think. You activate the weapon and plunge it through your hand. Though you'd expected some manner of pain. As you open your eyes, you're faced with not one, but two pierced hands. Both of them are yours, and one is slightly translucent.
You slowly draw the blade up your arm. It doesn't cut your skin, nor does it offer any painful sensation. You feel something akin to heat as it separates you from your body.
You pull it from your arm, and your body shifts back to normal. It's as if nothing ever happened.
"Hmm.." This weapon seems to have more to it than you'd thought.
"Hmm.." Aya leans over your shoulder, repeating the same intrigued grunt you'd let out a second ago. "Looks like it works.." She looks over to Yuyuko. "Is it dangerous?"
"For everyone but the wielder, I'd expect yes. I can't say I've ever seen something quite like this before. I'd dare not touch it."
"Why?" She's been trying to keep her distance ever since you'd brought it out.
"It's nothing important.."
Though judging by her tone and expression, she probably means to say 'I don't trust you enough to tell you.' She does seem positive that it won't kill you, at least.
You take the blade and try again, this time plunging it directly though your chest. A second later, you're standing over yourself with the blade in your hand. It almost looks like you've gone and assassinated yourself. You pull the blade from your body's chest, examining the wound carefully for any damage. Both you and your body look fine. No injury whatsoever.
"Snake?" Aya stands up, tapping you carefully on your shoulder. "Did it hurt?"
"Not at all." You laugh, reaching out to her. "I'm perfectly fine--"
You know this feeling. It's the same feeling you've had every time you returned to your body, though you didn't even have your hand on it. You awake a split second later.
'Snake?' For some reason, you hear Aya's voice inside your head. 'Wha- Hnn! Why can't I move?!'
"Huh?" Where'd she go? Your body's sitting right there, so..
Oh, great. Yuyuko's gone into a fit of hysterical laughter, and judging by the circumstances, you're faced with only one possibility.
You've gone and possessed Aya.
>> No. 58607
>>58605

[x] "I always wanted to be closer to you Aya, but not this close."
>> No. 58609
[x] A man has only so much self-control: "Whoops. Well sorry Aya. I'll give this back to you... after I'm done playing with it."
[x] Feel yourself up, cathartically. "Huh. These are kinda heavy."
[x] See if you can balance on those nutty shoes of hers.
[x] See how fast you can fly.
>> No. 58610
[x] A man has only so much self-control: "Whoops. Well sorry Aya. I'll give this back to you... after I'm done playing with it."
[x] Feel yourself up, cathartically. "Huh. These are kinda heavy."
[x] See if you can balance on those nutty shoes of hers.
[x] See how fast you can fly.
[x] If you can fly, spin around spraying danmaku everywhere while yelling "Yahoo!"

Awesome.jpg
>> No. 58611
[Q] A man has only so much self-control: "Whoops. Well sorry Aya. I'll give this back to you... after I'm done playing with it."
[Q] Feel yourself up, cathartically. "Huh. These are kinda heavy."
[Q] See if you can balance on those nutty shoes of hers.
[Q] See how fast you can fly.


Bandwagon
>> No. 58612
[x] A man has only so much self-control: "Whoops. Well sorry Aya. I'll give this back to you... after I'm done playing with it."
[x] Feel yourself up, cathartically. "Huh. These are kinda heavy."
[x] See if you can balance on those nutty shoes of hers.
[x] See how fast you can fly.
>> No. 58621
Much needed comic relief.
>> No. 58622
[x] A man has only so much self-control: "Whoops. Well sorry Aya. I'll give this back to you... after I'm done playing with it."
[x] Feel yourself up, cathartically. "Huh. These are kinda heavy."
[x] See if you can balance on those nutty shoes of hers.
[x] See how fast you can fly.


Time to possess Yuka after that.
>> No. 58625
I sure hope Snake can stand going without sex for a while...
>> No. 58626
It takes you a bit of time to come to terms with the situation, though you can't just leave this be.
'Where's Snake?' Her voice continues to echo in the back of your--well, her--mind. 'Why can't I talk? What's going on?!'
You're thinking the same thing. What the hell's going on? You look over your arms and legs, confirming that you are in fact inside of Aya. From the look of things, you have complete control of her body, too. Yuyuko's too busy laughing herself unconscious, so she'll be of no help. And as much as you'd like to give Aya her body back, you're tempted to give it a quick test-drive.
"Sorry, I don't know what happened.." You try to talk to Aya, though from the general look of things it's more like you're mumbling to yourself. As you speak, you notice Aya's voice comes out instead of her's.
'Snake!' It seems like she's heard you. 'I know you're in here! What happened?!'
"I just said I don't know. It looks like I somehow wound up inside your body."
'Well give it back!' She's pissed, now.
"I don't know how.." You're afraid to try the sword on her. It worked fine for you, but there's no guarantee it'll work for her the same way. You look at the hilt in your hand, which seems to follow your spirit no matter which body you're in. There's a chance it could kill her.
'Then do something!'
"I'm trying!" You tell her that, but you're really not doing anything at all. The least you can do is move your body to a more comfortable position. If you leave it laying like that, you'll wake up with a backache for sure.
"Hahahahahaha~!" Yuyuko continues to roll around on the floor, stopping every so often to point at you and try to say something, only to end up laughing again.
"Aya? What's going on?" Yuka and Youmu both look at you. Youmu looks concerned, while Yuka looks like she's about to join Yuyuko on the floor. The rest of the group are nowhere to be found.
"Uhh..." You can't just go out and tell them you're Snake possessing Aya's body, now can you? As far as weird things go in this world, this is by far the strangest thing you've been through. "He's..."
"He's~" Yuyuko wipes a tear from her eye, attempting to get ahold of herself. "He's taking a nap."
"I see." Yuka looks you over carefully, paying little attention to the body propped up against the wall. She turns away suddenly, though that grin leaves you with a lot of questions. "Well, let us know if you need anything." She takes Youmu by the arm, leading her into the building.
'Whew.. That was close..' Aya doesn't seem to want them to know about it, either. It's probably more embarrassing to her than anything else.
"Tell me about it." You turn to Yuyuko. "How do I get out?"
"You'll work your way out eventually. I'd say about an hour or two, at best. That is, provided she doesn't want you to stay there.." She gives you a jeering smile before waving goodbye and wandering off inside. Now it's just the two of you.. Or would you count as one?
'Who would--' Aya seems to resent that last part of Yuyuko's statement.
You find yourself smiling. "When I said I wanted to get closer to you, I didn't really mean it like this.."
'Stop joking around! This is serious!'
You know you'll get it later, but.. "You know.. While I'm still thinking about it, I've had this funny feeling for a while.."
'What?' God, is she pissed. You don't know if her anger is directed towards you, towards the others' indifference, or if she's just mad at her lack of control over her own body. There's a whole host of reasons for her to be mad.
"These things are awfully heavy, you know." You grab your--her chest, squeezing her breasts carefully and firmly. Funny, it doesn't feel quite like you'd thought it would. It kinda hurts..
'Ow! Hey!! Stop that! Stop it right now!' Her tone of voice tells you she's probably feeling what you're doing.
You start to wonder how she'd behave were your situations suddenly reversed. You're willing to bet she'd do the same thing if she had complete control over your body. As long as your here, you might as well enjoy yourself. You fondle her for a little longer before your mind settles onto something else.
What about those wings? How does she move them? As soon as your mind settles onto the subject, you seem to have been granted an almost instinctual control over that part of her body. Nifty..
You try giving flight a go, all the while with Aya complaining in the background.
'Stop that! Can't you just sit still and wait?!'
"God, you sound like my mother." You laugh, stepping off the edge of the porch and into the air. It's easier than you'd expected. A quick flap of her wings sends you flying straight up at an unimaginable speed. Exhilarated, you let out a manner of victory yell as you slow to an instant stop.
'I don't believe this! My body is not a toy!! Snake, quit being an ass and land!'
"Alright, alright." You've had your fun for the time being. Though you'll most certainly be murdered before the day is over, you've gained valuable insight on your new ability. So long as you can control the impulse for your spirit to attach itself to just any old youkai, you may be able to put it to good use. As you lower yourself to the ground, you're met by Youmu, who flies just above you before leveling off. She matches your speed of descent and stares you right in the eye.
"Something the matter, Aya?" She seems honestly concerned, though she doesn't seem to notice that she's not really talking to Aya. "You seem in awfully high spirits."
'Yes, there's something wrong! I've got this blockhead in control of me, and he's gonna get it once he's out!' She's gone from worried, to angry, and now she seems to be hinting at something. You can tell she's directing her words to you, and you wonder what kind of punishment she's got planned.
"No, nothing's wrong. Just stretching my wings a bit.." You reply, touching down where you stood only a minute ago. She can move a hell of a lot faster than you'd thought. You must've gone at least a mile straight up, and all in less than a second!
"I see." Youmu waves you inside. "I've come to inform you that tea is ready. I assume Snake will not be joining us?"
"Looks like it." You try to respond as Aya would. Keep things as normal as possible, and hope that nobody notices. Youmu walks off into the building, leaving the door open behind you.
You pick up your body, slinging it over your shoulder carefully as you walk inside. Youmu leads you to a small bedroom where you set it on a small mattress. You note the location of the room as you follow her into one of the larger rooms you'd been in the last time you were here. The others, minus the two who volunteered for scouting duty, sit at a fairly small table ahead, and the two of you join them.
>> No. 58627
Well, camera's rolling.

[x] "Soldier boy will be out for an hour or two, until then we have time to eat, wash up, and assess the situation."
[x] "Youmu your pendant, I'm curious. I understand it separates the body and spirit but what does that mean for someone like... well, you?"
[x] "I suppose that cyborg armor was lost in the initial attack?"
[x] "So this giant flying battleship is floating around Youkai Mountain presently? And it's looking for Snake's corpse, or at least something on him?"
[x] "While Snake rests, one of us should retrieve Durandal. Nitori said she was hiding in the lake."
>> No. 58628
[x] "Soldier boy will be out for an hour or two, until then we have time to eat, wash up, and assess the situation."
[x] "Youmu your pendant, I'm curious. I understand it separates the body and spirit but what does that mean for someone like... well, you?"
[x] "I suppose that cyborg armor was lost in the initial attack?"
[x] "So this giant flying battleship is floating around Youkai Mountain presently? And it's looking for Snake's corpse, or at least something on him?"
[x] "While Snake rests, one of us should retrieve Durandal. Nitori said she was hiding in the lake."
>> No. 58629
[x] "Soldier boy will be out for an hour or two, until then we have time to eat, wash up, and assess the situation."
[x] "Youmu your pendant, I'm curious. I understand it separates the body and spirit but what does that mean for someone like... well, you?"
[x] "I suppose that cyborg armor was lost in the initial attack?"
[x] "So this giant flying battleship is floating around Youkai Mountain presently? And it's looking for Snake's corpse, or at least something on him?"
[x] "While Snake rests, one of us should retrieve Durandal. Nitori said she was hiding in the lake."

I have the feeling they will know this is Snake when we ask this, but it doesn't matter
>> No. 58630
[x] "Soldier boy will be out for an hour or two, until then we have time to eat, wash up, and assess the situation."
[x] "Youmu your pendant, I'm curious. I understand it separates the body and spirit but what does that mean for someone like... well, you?"
[x] "I suppose that cyborg armor was lost in the initial attack?"
[x] "So this giant flying battleship is floating around Youkai Mountain presently? And it's looking for Snake's corpse, or at least something on him?"
[x] "While Snake rests, one of us should retrieve Durandal. Nitori said she was hiding in the lake."

Oh damn, this should be a fun trip. Hopefully Aya doesn't need to use the restroom anytime soon.
>> No. 58631
[X] "Soldier boy will be out for an hour or two, until then we have time to eat, wash up, and assess the situation."
[X] "Youmu your pendant, I'm curious. I understand it separates the body and spirit but what does that mean for someone like... well, you?"

If we're supposedly acting the part of Aya, then wouldn't it be best to let the others lead the conversation? It'll be suspicious if "she" appears to know something she shouldn't, or doesn't know something she should, right?

Besides, we're in no hurry, and it wouldn't do at all to start strategizing and making decisions while the leader of the group appears to be sleeping, right? The time for serious business will come soon enough, now is the time to have some fun in this situation that seems like something out of a bizarre sitcom.

As for Durandal, it's been programmed to hide until the danger passes or it's contacted, and the only means of contacting it was last seen getting blown to smithereens in a snow field. Unless it somehow went back to the smaller, more-compact form, there's not really much chance anyone would be able to cart it back, and that's ignoring the fact that it's hiding underwater. Unless one of the party either has access to some scuba gear or possess a set of gills, getting down to it is kind of a problem, isn't it?
>> No. 58632
File 122076619416.jpg - (29.05KB , 507x507 , Ghost_In_The_Machine_cover.jpg ) [iqdb]
58632
>>Unless one of the party either has access to some scuba gear or possess a set of gills, getting down to it is kind of a problem, isn't it?

Actually, scratch that. I just had an idea...
>> No. 58633
>>58631
>If we're supposedly acting the part of Aya, then wouldn't it be best to let the others lead the conversation? It'll be suspicious if "she" appears to know something she shouldn't, or doesn't know something she should, right?

Except she was sitting in our lap when we asked about the pendant. And Aya has only been passive when Snake is present.

Yuka had to be able to hold her breath long enough to observe RAY's destruction, and if not, we can acquire a rebreather from Nitori. We have to fetch Dee because this "danger" is not going to just disappear.

Aya wouldn't sit around like a lump while Snake someone is out hunting for Snake, and we can't get into any wacky hijinx while Yuyu's present or she might give us away. If we take someone with us while we get Dee, that takes Yuyu out of the picture.

>[x] "Soldier boy will be out for an hour or two, until then we have time to eat, wash up, and assess the situation."

And I think a dip in the hot springs and dinner will provide more than enough comic relief.
>> No. 58634
>>we can't get into any wacky hijinx while Yuyu's present or she might give us away.

Why would she do that? As big a laugh as she was getting from our situation, I would think helping us keep up the charade as long as possible would prove to be far more amusing.
>> No. 58635
>>58634

I'm more interested in the things others tell Aya in confidence. She and Yuka are probably nasty to each other, but Youmu we have no idea how they get along in private.
>> No. 58637
We show an odd amount of self-restraint about something that's so equally self-crippling.

[x] Teatime~
[x] Talk to Aya (internally) and try to calm her down

Are we forced to talk out loud and Aya is responding in our heads, or can we have a internal conversation with her independent of our ability to speak to others?
>> No. 58638
>>Are we forced to talk out loud and Aya is responding in our heads, or can we have a internal conversation with her independent of our ability to speak to others?

I would think so, we just have to figure out how.

I wonder if it might even be possible to possess a body, but allow the owner to maintain control. Could be useful, even moreso if it could be done without the person being aware of it.
>> No. 58639
[x] "Soldier boy will be out for an hour or two, until then we have time to eat, wash up, and assess the situation."
[x] "Youmu your pendant, I'm curious. I understand it separates the body and spirit but what does that mean for someone like... well, you?"

The rest can wait until we're Snake again. Our group could use a break right now, anyway. In fact, can someone rephrase that first part to be more casual and lose the "assess the situation"? It seems a little out of place.

Also, although we shouldn't try to turn this into a strategy meeting, we can still throw out some ideas if the conversation goes that way.
>> No. 58640
You sit between Youmu and Komachi. As you take a seat, you notice Yuka continuing to smile at you, though it's nothing short of antagonistic. You wonder if this type of behavior is normal for her. You figure now would be a good idea to form some manner of strategy, though you don't quite know how Aya would handle herself in this situation.
'Look, whatever you're gonna say, don't say it.' She's surprisingly forceful all of a sudden. 'Listen to what I say, and everything will be fine.'
The others, save for Yuka, seem to be involved in a conversation already, though it's mostly idle chitchat. You try to listen in on it while you wait for Aya to tell you what to do next.
"Really?" Komachi leans forward over the table in some manner lazy gesture. "I thought it was boring. That Hakurei girl couldn't set one up to save her life!"
"You'll say that about anything, though." Youmu laughs cheerfully. "Does that doom and gloom attitude come with the job?"
"Hey! I like my doom and gloom like it is!" Komachi wags a finger at her in protest. "But ya know, what she could've done was add some rides."
"Rides?" Yuyuko seems intrigued.
"You know, roller coasters 'n such." Komachi smacks herself in the forehead. "Don't tell me you've never seem one!"
"I'm afraid I don't get out too often."
"Don't say such horrible things with a smile, woman." Komachi turns her wagging finger onto Yuyuko. "If it bugs ya, I could give you a hand."
"We all know what that means." Youmu replies sardonically. "You know that can't happen."
"Oh, right. That." Komachi flops back over her seat cushion, laying on the floor beside you. "My bad."
"I'm not offended." Yuyuko glances over to you. "Though you've been awfully quit for a change."
"Don't egg her on, mistress." Youmu looks at you and smiles.
'Tell her you don't feel like talking.' It's almost as if she's whispering into your ear.
"I've had a rough day." You sigh, trying to emphasize the statement.
"I'll bet." Youmu continues to smile at you. "Lover boy's been collapsing all over the place, lately."
"Knock it off." You could guess how Aya would react to that sort of statement.
"Maybe he died.." Yuka gives you a mischievous grin.
"You're not helping." Youmu pushes her lightly on the shoulder.
"But he did die~" Yuka's slime widens. "Remember?"
"Yeah, my bad girlie." Komachi pats you firmly on the shoulder. "Didn't think you had a thing for humans. Good thing he didn't really die, else he'd be in Hell right about now."
You hear Aya groan in frustration. She doesn't seem to like it any more than you.
"I don't.. Have a thing for humans." You try to convey that frustration to the others as best you can. You know Aya well enough to understand what frustrates her.
"Oh, that's right. What is he again?" Komachi looks across the table to Youmu.
"What, indeed." She shrugs, turning to Yuyuko. "You'd spoken with him last. What's your opinion."
"Well, if I had to say.." Yuyuko puts a finger to the side of her lips. "Well, he seems to be an evil spirit, but.."
"You're not sure, right?" Youmu gives her this look of 'Oh no, here we go again'.
"No, I'm certain." Yuyuko pats Youmu on the head like some kind of pet. "Though he's taking it pretty well, don't you think?" She's looking at you, again..
"He's unconscious. I wouldn't say he's taking it well at all."
"Or is he~~" Yuka snickers. "I still think he'd dead~"
"Will you shut up? He's not dead." You seem to be in the right mindset now, though they're not allowing you any room to talk.
"Oh~ No~" Yuka floats out of her seat, spinning around in midair as if she'd just been punched. "I made her angry~~"
"Alright, I've had enough of this." Youmu slams a hand down onto the table. "We all know why we're here, so why are we avoiding it?! What was that thing, and what is it doing here?"
"Lovely.." Komachi sits back up in a depressed sort of manner. "Way to kill the mood, halfie."
Youmu ignores her, attempting to continue the conversation. "It seemed to be searching for something. Any thoughts?"
Yuka's previously antagonistic expression seems to have turned grim as well. "I saw it destroy your 'Ray' or whatever. Beyond that, I know nothing."
"You know something." Youmu looks across the table, confronting Yuka directly.
"Who are you to say I do?" Yuka ignores her gaze, instead concentrating on something in her lap. "Though I did destroy something like it, how can you say they're one in the same?"
"The Kappa don't have any such technology," You speak up with Aya's help in the background. "Even Durandal was constructed with help from outside sources. I feel that they might have a hand in this."
"Outside sources?" Youmu looks up at you, remembering the group of people you'd encountered back in that underground hangar. "The woman in red who designed my suit said she wasn't from around here. I can't remember all the words she'd used, but apparently she gets here by using some kind of ship."
"Speaking of which, where is the suit?" She doesn't look like she's wearing it.
"I'm wearing it." She lifts her shirt slightly, exposing the metal suit covering her midriff. She taps it for verification. "I've only removed the arm and most of the leg covers, since they were mostly useless."
Yuyuko latches onto her a second later as she pretends to throw a tantrum. "I don't like robo-Youmu!" She kicks her feet like an angry child. "Give me back my soft Youmu!"
Youmu attempts to push the woman off. "Miss Yuyu! I'm trying to have a serious conversation!"
"Oh." Yuyuko releases her in an instant, though she's anything but apologetic.
You attempt to offer some of your own insight into the matter. "Snake told me recently that he can hear them talking through a radio."
"Really?" Youmu looks to you. "Are you sure he's not lying?"
"Why would he?" You don't have a reason to lie..
"Good point, though supposing he's being truthful, what good will it do us?" Youmu throws her arms out to the side. "We're the only ones with working radios, and aside from what she'd put in his head, ours are all from the outside!"
"I suppose we'll just hafta ask him, then.." Komachi leans forward again, resting her head on the table's surface.
"Supposing he wakes up, soon." Yuka looks back over to you.
"He's not dead, already!"
"Sure, fine." Yuka shrugs. "Humans don't live long, after all. He'll make a nice pet, won't he?"
"Knock it off already!" Komachi gives her a firm punch on her arm. "He ain't human, he ain't dead, and we all know what you're trying to do so quit it."
Yuka stands up, rubbing her shoulder. Her expression is unreadable, though you're certain she's not happy.
"I'm going to bed.." She walks away silently. You breath a mental sigh of relief as she leaves the room.
"Now then." You try to redirect the conversation. "About these things." You'd managed to lift the pendant off your body before laying it down. You take it from Aya's pocket and lay it on the table. "How many more of them are there, and can they help us?"
"Doubtful." Youmu lays her own on the table. Yuka's taken hers with her, so you won't be seeing that one any time soon. "Though in the right hands, they seem to be of some use."
"Hmm.." Yuyuko examines the two of them carefully. "To be quite honest, I don't think the ones you two have will do you any good. They offer abilities to those who lack them, and the two of you already have the powers these two hold."
"You're speaking nonsense again, Yuyuko." Komachi slumps forward even more, to the point where you didn't even think it possible.
"Am I?" She giggles. "Maybe I am. Beyond knowing the powers they hold, I know nothing of them."
>> No. 58645
[x] Go after Yuka for some hot lesbian hate-sex.
>> No. 58646
[x] "When Snake's up we can ask Nitori about her techie friends and what they have to do with this."
[x] "Mima should be able to tell if he's definitely an evil spirit or not, right?"
[x] "So what are we gonna do about Durandal? Snake said it's in hiding under the lake."
[x] "I'm gonna go take a bath. At least, before we're set upon by killer alien robots again."
[x] Inventory (camera?)
>> No. 58651
[x] "When Snake's up we can ask Nitori about her techie friends and what they have to do with this."
[x] "Mima should be able to tell if he's definitely an evil spirit or not, right?"
[x] "So what are we gonna do about Durandal? Snake said it's in hiding under the lake."
[x] "I'm gonna go take a bath. At least, before we're set upon by killer alien robots again."
[x] Inventory (camera?)

expedience. snake usually fixes the phrasing so there's no point obsessing over it.
>> No. 58656
[x] "When Snake's up we can ask Nitori about her techie friends and what they have to do with this."
[x] "Mima should be able to tell if he's definitely an evil spirit or not, right?"
[x] "So what are we gonna do about Durandal? Snake said it's in hiding under the lake."
[x] "I'm gonna go take a bath. At least, before we're set upon by killer alien robots again."
[x] Inventory (camera?)
>> No. 58685
[ ] "When Snake's up we can ask Nitori about her techie friends and what they have to do with this."
[ ] "Mima should be able to tell if he's definitely an evil spirit or not, right?"
[ ] "So what are we gonna do about Durandal? Snake said it's in hiding under the lake."
[ ] "I'm gonna go take a bath. At least, before we're set upon by killer alien robots again."
[ ] Inventory (camera?)
>> No. 58719
>>58718

Put that kind of shit in spoiler tags next time.

Also, fuck you man.
>> No. 58722
>>58719
Done, concealed the bricks for the morning crowd.

So... Snake can slip from his body as easily as ...a snake sheds its skin.

...Hmmm. I suddenly think his powers displayed thus far are maybe not so random after all.
>> No. 58758
>>58722
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 58762
>>58722
holy shit, possessanon meets Nanaya
>> No. 58801
Equipped Snake:
1 Black headband (+3 badass skill)
1 Camouflage BDU (+50% Index in woodlands)
1 Sword (Friendly-fire always off)
1 Shinigami cell phone (Death on speed dial)
1 Youkai monocle (EXTRA classy!)
1 Youkai monocle (Classy!)
1 Compass (Points North)
1 Wing Pendant (Flight effect)
5 Hand grenades (Fragmentation type)
16 Generic spellcards (Various effects)
1 Dangerous spellcard (Effect unknown, 1 soul required for use)
1 Bag of jewels (Unknown effect)

Equipped Aya:
1 Wooden box
188 Pictures (Grows mysteriously with time)

Equipped Yuka:
1 Flowery parasol
1 Sunflower Pendant (Power-giving effect)
5 Generic spellcards (Various effects)

Equipped Komachi:
1 Shinigami scythe
1 Shinigami cell phone (Death on speed dial)

Equipped Youmu:
1 Butterfly pendant (Spirit separation effect)
1 Roukanken (Cuts just about anything)
1 Hakurouken (Destroys confusion)

Also, updates soon.
>> No. 58802
Considering Yuka is carrying spell cards, maybe we should probably distribute the sixteen we have among the group. Snake has no use for them personally, and they can be used to resolve internal disputes safely.

Those grenades might be useful to Youmu or Sakuya, who don't have any way to take on large numbers at once and are fast and clever enough to use the timed fuse effectively. The charged stones can maybe go to Aya, assuming they explode when thrown at a hard surface.
>> No. 58805
"Makes enough sense, I guess." Komachi grins as she pretty much lays on top of the table.
"I suppose it does." Yuyuko replies. She seems slightly put-off by Komachi's behavior, but doesn't voice it. You take back the pendant before moving on.
"What about Durandal?" You decide to change the subject, after carefully judging that you'll gain no more knowledge about the pendants. "Snake told me it's at the bottom of the lake. Any suggestions?"
"None." Youmu replies instantaneously.
"I got nothing." Komachi yawns. "Ain't a damn thing we can do about it. sadly."
Well, there goes that idea. You'll have to think of something else, though before you have time to come up with something, Yuyuko stands up and brings things to a close. Youmu repeats the motion beside her.
"I'm sorry to cut this short, but I've grown tired." She really doesn't look it as far as you can tell. "Snow just doesn't fall by itself in summer after all, and I can't keep it up all day."
That was her?! Remilia told you it was Tenshi! Does Aya know about it? You'll save your questions for later, just to be on the safe side. Better to not ask something that may seem blatantly obvious to the others. It's unbelievable that one woman has enough power to completely reverse the seasons. As you take some time to think it through, you catch her looking at you.
"I expect you'll tell Snake to ask about it when we next meet?" She lets out an unsettling giggle. "I'd called him here to discuss it, initially."
"Uhh, sure." You reply meekly. You'd almost forgotten she'd known you were in here. "Sleep well."
She says her goodbyes, and silently leaves the room. Youmu sees her through the door, returning to the table shortly thereafter.
"We should discuss this later." She turns to you, first. "Aya, if you could have him contact Nitori when he wakes.."
"Of course." You'd had half a mind to do that already. If her buddies have a hand in this, you'd like to know.
"I'mma sleep right here." Komachi rolls over backwards, falling onto the floor in a heap. She must be exhausted. "You guys go on without me."
"I'll expect you awake by tomorrow." Youmu laughs as she stands to head after Yuyuko. She takes a quick look back at you before disappearing through the doorway. Since there's really no point in hanging around here anymore, you decide to return to the room where you'd left your body.
Good, it's still there. It's not like anybody's going to take it, though you find yourself being awfully protective of it. More-so than when you're actually inside it.
'Something's weird..' Aya's thoughts flow into your mind once more.
"What's weird?" You could think of a few things..
'Before, she--err, Yuyuko could only alter the weather around her. It's weird that her powers have grown over such a short time..'
"Maybe she's got help?" You'd expect several others may have a hand in it, considering how hasty they are to deal with this thing. You wish you'd had pictures of it.
'Maybe. You'll have to ask her later.'
"Yeah, sure." You don't know how long that'll be. You might as well get some sleep while you're at it. It's been a long day full of weird shit, and you'd like nothing more than to push it all from your mind. The thought of sleep brings a few questions to your mind, though. You'd like to bathe first, but..
"Hey Aya." You find it a bit funny hearing her voice talking to herself like this. "What're we gonna do about bathing?"
You can hear a faint, almost impatient groan. 'Just play it out like normal, I guess..'
Easier said than done. With a body like hers..
'Don't try anything funny.'
"Sure, sure.."
'I'm warning you!'
"Alright, fine." You'll let her have her way, for now. But in any case.. "Where are the bathrooms?"
You've completely forgotten. You remember fining them down one of the hallways, but..
'I think I know.' Aya pipes in, pointing you in the right direction. You head out into the hallways, listening for her to tell you where to turn. You eventually wind up in a familiar hallway, though which door leads to what, you're unable to recall.
'Second door, on the left.'
You open it. Yup, bathrooms. The same one you'd used during your last visit as well. It brings back memories, though few of them are good. Youmu really had it out for you, then.
You slowly begin to undress reluctantly, considering you're under supervision. She doesn't seem to pay any mind to you looking, though. From this perspective, her body looks completely different, though not one bit less arousing. You try to ignore the strange feelings you're getting. You toss her clothes into a bin and head towards the door to the baths themselves. As you open the door, you come face-to-face with the same youkai who'd been pestering you all throughout the discussion.
The now completely naked Yuka gives you a look of mild surprise and distaste, though she doesn't try to send you away. It looks like she was just getting in.
>> No. 58806
>>58805
I like where this is going

[X]Get in the bath, as far away from Yuka as possible
>> No. 58807
[X]Get in the bath

No need to run away from Yuka, only will look more suspicious.
>> No. 58808
[X] Get in the bath, as far away from Yuka as possible

This practically begs Yuka to tease us. Awesome.
>> No. 58809
[x] Get in the bath, as far away from Yuka as possible
>> No. 58814
[x] Get in the bath, as far away from Yuka as possible
[x] Let Aya do the talking--to a point
>> No. 58854
What would Aya do in this situation? The two seem to absolutely despise each other, but in a situation like this..
"Are you going to just stand there with the door open?" Yuka gives you another sour look. Is she upset that you walked in on her, or the fact that you're letting all the hot air out? You take a step forward, and you hear the door close behind you.
Though you didn't close it.. You turn to see if anybody else is there, but it's just Yuka.
Wait..
"Better.." The Yuka in the bath smiles faintly, while the other one nudges you forward into the room. So it wasn't your eyes playing tricks on you back at the library. She really can split into two!
Before you know it, she's got you seated opposite her in the somewhat small tub. It's not cramped or anything, but the situation leaves a lot to be desired. It's almost like some sort of impromptu interrogation. You hear Aya cursing to herself in the back of your mind.
"So.." The Yuka previously behind you steps in next to her other self. "Why the surprise? You've seen this trick before, right?"
"Uhh..."
'No. I haven't!' Aya whispers to you. You shake your head in response.
"I didn't think so.." The smiles on both their faces widen. They take turns speaking, as if one's able to read the thoughts of the other. The fact that she might be trying to trick you into slipping up plays hell on your mind.
"Say, I've been meaning to say something for a while now.." The two of them sit forward in unison. "That man of yours.. Give him to me."
Wait, what?
"No way in Hell!" You're standing. You didn't do that, just now. Those aren't your words, either. By the looks of things, you've lost complete control of Aya's body.
"Aww... That's too bad." Yuka number one frowns. What the hell does she want with you?
Second pass, and that devious smile slowly returns to their faces. "You know, I could easily kill you here, if I wanted."
"Even so, you can't have him!" Aya remains steadfast. Of course, after hearing all of this, there's no way it'd ever happen, not that there was even the slightest chance before. If anything, you've got to find a way out of Aya's body so you can--
It feels like you've been kicked in the chest by a train. All of a sudden, you're thrown out of Aya's body, and into the wall behind her. By the looks of it, Yuka can't see you, and neither can Aya.
"I've always wanted a Tengu for a pet.. Are you housebroken?" Yuka number two laughs wildly, while the other sits silent. "I hope you're not adverse to sleeping outside."
"I'm outta here.." Aya takes a step from the tub, but Yuka one pulls her back, gripping her firmly around the bicep.
"You're not leaving yet, are you? I'm not done talking.." She feigns another concerned frown, just barely pretending to have some consideration for Aya's feelings. "Why don't you stay a while longer..?"
Yuka's second self stands as well. "On second thought, maybe if I broke your legs.." She reaches a hand out towards Aya. Enough standing around! The threatening gesture is enough to send you over the edge. You race forward, grabbing her hand with the intent to pull it back. As your fingers touch her wrist, you find your same hand racing out to grasp Aya's thigh.
Oh, great. Things just keep getting better and better. You immediately realize what happened, sparing yourself the confusion and headache of figuring it out again.
'Wha--?'
It would appear your influence is enough to take control of Yuka as well. You let go of Aya's leg and simply slump down into the water in a state of confusion. You've gotta find a way to take control of this ability..
'My body.. Moving on it's own!'
Though it doesn't really feel any different, you'd liked it better when you were inside Aya. You can't seem to come up with anything to say at this point. You somehow manage to make Yuka's other self vanish, though you're not quite sure how you did it.
"What's going on?" Aya shakes you gently, gripping you tightly by the shoulders. "Yuka?" She seems worried, though the woman she's trying to help threatened to kill her a minute ago. Maybe she's just that type of person.
'Get off of me, you filthy--'
Well, your new roommate's not much better, either.
"Well, look on the bright side.." You manage to spit a few words out, talking to yourself more than to Aya. "At least nobody's gonna get killed this way."
'What th-- Who the fuck are you?!'
"Not again.." Aya slaps her face, making it seem as if you'd just pulled off the stupidest stunt she'd ever seen.
'Get the fuck out!'
It probably is the stupidest stunt you'd ever pulled, now that you think about it. How the Hell are you gonna calm down somebody like that?!
'If you're not going to listen, then I'll--'
You hear her straining in the background, as if trying to force you out. That second copy of her makes it's reappearance, though you have an idea what to expect..
"You in there!" She grabs you by the throat before you have time to prepare, forcing you into the wall. "Give me back my--"
Though you're just as strong as her now, if not just slightly stronger. You easily manage to pull her off you with a simple arm-locking technique. You have her on the floor in seconds. Aya looks on in horror and confusion as she watches a naked Yuka wrestle herself to the ground. You'd probably be laughing your ass off were you not in such immediate danger.
"Get off of me!" Yuka screams indignantly, struggling violently under your grip. There's no telling what she'll do in this kind of situation, so holding her down is probably your safest option. You wait for her to grow tired, though it takes a few minutes. Aya looks on as you carefully and slowly release her. You take a few steps back, standing in front of Aya as Yuka scrambles to her hands and knees, coughing and panting as she catches her breath.
"What... Just happened here?" Aya taps you on the shoulder, seemingly unsure that it's really you inside here.
"That's.. My line.." Yuka slowly draws herself up before returning calmly to the bath. She allows herself a few more seconds to recover. "Who's in there?" She points directly to you.
>> No. 58855
[ ] Point at Yuka "No, who the fuck are YOU suddenly I hear a voice in my head then you take over my copy?"
>> No. 58856
[X] "Neither enemy nor friend..."
>> No. 58862
[x] Point at Yuka "No, who the fuck are YOU suddenly I hear a voice in my head then you take over my copy?"
>> No. 58866
[x] "A certain snake in the grass--Yuka, I never knew you cared; I suppose you won't mind me borrowing it for a while, then."
[x] Start walking out of the room. "If you touch Aya in anger again, I will know, and I won't be happy."
>> No. 58869
[X] "This is your father, Yuka, and I am very cross with you right now."
>> No. 58870
These other write-ins aren't like snake at all, and we've fucked with Aya enough already.

[x] "A certain snake in the grass--Yuka, I never knew you cared; I suppose you won't mind me borrowing this for a while, then."
[x] Start walking out of the room. "If you touch Aya in anger again, I will know, and I won't be happy."
[x] Take Yuka's clothes on the way out, but walk back to your room naked, for good measure.
>> No. 58871
[x] "A certain snake in the grass--Yuka, I never knew you cared; I suppose you won't mind me borrowing this for a while, then."
[x] Start walking out of the room. "If you touch Aya in anger again, I will know, and I won't be happy."
>> No. 58872
[x] "A certain snake in the grass--Yuka, I never knew you cared; I suppose you won't mind me borrowing this for a while, then."
[x] Start walking out of the room. "If you touch Aya in anger again, I will know, and I won't be happy."

Possessing Yuka has granted us the new ability:Youkai ℳℴℯ
>> No. 58873
[x]"As if you don't know. Shit just turned weirder, Yuka."

[!]Make out with Aya in front of 1/2 Yuka
>> No. 58874
[z] "A certain snake in the grass--Yuka, I never knew you cared; I suppose you won't mind me borrowing this for a while, then."
[z] Start walking out of the room. "If you touch Aya in anger again, I will know, and I won't be happy."

Yuka beratin gaems.
>> No. 58875
[x] "A certain snake in the grass--Yuka, I never knew you cared; I suppose you won't mind me borrowing this for a while, then."
[x] Start walking out of the room. "If you touch Aya in anger again, I will know, and I won't be happy."
>> No. 58877
Common people, the answer's obvious:

[x] Grin. "Me? Oh, I'm just another 'evil spirit'."
>> No. 58880
[x] "A certain snake in the grass--Yuka, I never knew you cared; I suppose you won't mind me borrowing it for a while, then."
[x] Start walking out of the room. "If you touch Aya in anger again, I will know, and I won't be happy."
>> No. 58882
[X] "I am the Keymaster. Are you the Gatekeeper?"
>> No. 58890
[X] "I am the Keymaster. Are you the Gatekeeper?"
this is the way
>> No. 58905
[X] "I am the Keymaster. Are you the Gatekeeper?"

YES
>> No. 58908
how does snake know what a rick moranis is
>> No. 58944
Updates?
>> No. 58945
The utter confusion you see in her face is amusing. She looks too out of it to figure out exactly what to do. By now, Aya seems to have recognized who's who.
"I won't repeat myself." Yuka glares at you with wide eyes. She's too shocked to look convincing, though.
"A nameless vengeful bathroom-dwelling spirit." That last thing you'd want to do is tell her 'Hi, it's Snake!' Doing that would only serve to sign your death warrant, and what you've told her should do fine for now. "If you don't mind, I'll be borrowing this for a while."
You look over your new body. You figure Yuka's figure is a little more curvaceous than Aya, though it's hard to notice unless the two are standing right next to each other.
"I do mind." Yuka pulls herself out of the bath, glaring at you the entire time. "That's my body, and I'll be damned if some bathroom fairy runs off with it!"
You watch as Aya nearly falls to the floor laughing.
"Stop that!" Yuka doesn't seem to know whether or not to go after you--or her. "It's not funny!"
"Haha! Sure it is!" Aya points at you, laughing, while she searches for a place to sit down.
Yuka groans in what amounts to a mild aggravation. She's taking it awfully well, or at least she's acting like it. She grabs you by the arm, firmly yet careful not to hurt her body.
"Look here you piece of shit." She presses her face against yours, looking you directly in the eye. "I want you out of there, now."
You'd like to be out of here too, but there's really nothing you can think of to speed up the process. You'd like for nothing more tan to be back in your own body, safe and sound. Hell, now you're almost thinking of it as some sort of house or something. Maybe you're a little too used to this already..
"No can do. I'm stuck in here for at least a couple of hours." You hope telling her might at least serve to calm her down a bit.
Though it doesn't all go as planned. Her face tenses up as you break the news, as if you'd physically hit her. She doesn't look happy at all. She holds her angered stare for a second longer, only to cut it short with a powerful shove and a heavy sigh.
"Oh, fine. Though there's no way I'm leaving you to do as you please." She grabs you by the wrist yet again. "However long it may take, you're not leaving my sight for an instant." She heads towards the bathroom door, pulling you forcefully with her.
"Better than the alternative, I guess." Aya follows close behind the two of you as you're dragged into the dressing room.
"Wait.." Aya taps Yuka on the shoulder.
"What. What is it?!" Your hand is released as Yuka bats away Aya's hand. "You're getting on my nerves!"
"One set o' clothes there, Yukes." Aya grins as she grabs her basket, leaving the two of you to figure out what to do with Yuka's only dress. By the looks of things, she seems to be doing it more to mess with Yuka, rather than to put you at a disadvantage.
"Fuck." Yuka curses as she grabs the basket with her clothes in it. It disappears from the shelf before you can even stick your hand out. You may be stronger, but she seems to be a whole hell of a lot faster.
"Uhh.." You look around the room for anything to wear. Beyond a few small towels, there doesn't seem to be anything. For now, you'll wear one of those. As you wrap it around, you find it just barely fits. One false move and you could end up losing it. "Great.." At least it's not your reputation at stake.
"You're coming with me, bathroom fairy." Yuka grabs your hand again, forcing you out into the hallway. She turns back around to face through the half-open door and looks the half-dressed Aya straight in the eye. "You're coming too. I expect you're somehow responsible for this."
"Oooooh~!" Aya groans as she throws her shirt over her back. She follows behind the two of you without further complaint.
Eventually, you arrive at what might as well be Yuka's room here. At least, her stuff has been thrown all over the place. She shoves you into the room as she storms off towards a nearby closet. She slams it open, revealing several different styles of dress kept inside. Taking into consideration the manner in which she's glaring at you, it's probably a good idea to pick one.

[ ] Japanese-style dress (Like something Yuyuko would wear.)
[ ] Elaborate dress (Like Yukari's. What's this doing here?)
[ ] Bra and panties (Breezy..)
[ ] Let Yuka decide
[ ] Try to get Yuka to merge back into one body

[ ] Secondary Action (Specify)
>> No. 58946
[ ] Japanese-style dress (Like something Yuyuko would wear.)
>> No. 58947
According to that choice list, undergarments are optional?

[x] Japanese-style dress (Like something Yuyuko would wear.)
[x] "The mistress of this temple would like these clothes. We should show it off to her."
>> No. 58948
[x] Japanese-style dress (Like something Yuyuko would wear.)
[x] "The mistress of this temple would like these clothes. We should show it off to her."
>> No. 58951
[x] Japanese-style dress (Like something Yuyuko would wear.)
[x] "The mistress of this temple would like these clothes. We should show it off to her."
>> No. 58952
[X] Elaborate dress (Like Yukari's. What's this doing here?)

Yuka dressed like Yukari?
Oh, I'm sure she'd love that.
>> No. 58953
>>58952
Yuka x Yukari is now GiG canon.

Yuka still dreams of that night, and tries to imitate her one-time lover when she thinks nobody is around.
>> No. 58955
File 122104659724.jpg - (75.89KB , 460x680 , feecf38d75a89d89d01b1bc85222dfb9.jpg ) [iqdb]
58955
[x] Formal suit

This will be awesome.
>> No. 58956
File 122104694612.jpg - (58.15KB , 500x500 , youkai moe.jpg ) [iqdb]
58956
[x] Pajamas
>> No. 58966
[x] Japanese-style dress (Like something Yuyuko would wear.)
[x] "The mistress of this temple would like these clothes. We should show it off to her."
>> No. 58971
File 122106048676.jpg - (914.70KB , 1280x800 , 1214322967850.jpg ) [iqdb]
58971
[x] Sunflowers
>> No. 58977
[x] Schlick
>> No. 58979
You choose the Japanese dress, skipping the undergarments. Simple is best, right? Yuka's face doesn't betray any emotion as she watches you put it on. It's a little unnerving, like she's still trying to figure out your identity by studying the way you move around. In any case, this thing's awfully hard to put on, though you eventually figure it out.
"So, how do I look?" You spin around once, testing to make sure it fits snugly.
"Like me." Yuka replies humorlessly, taking a seat in the middle of the room as she continues to scowl at you.
"That should be obvious, riiight~?" Aya floats over behind you with a grin, grabbing your head and tilting it from side to side fairly gently. What sort of game is this, you wonder?
You let her do as she pleases, though Yuka doesn't seem to think it a good idea. She doesn't offer any words of protest, though her expression grows more and more aggravated as time goes by.
"You two are spending the night here, where I can see you." Yuka grabs the two of you by the ears and pulls you over to a set of beds laid out on the floor. "If you so much as try to escape, I'll kill you." You don't know if that was meant for you or Aya, though she's most certainly dead serious either way.
"Geh." Aya slinks back behind you, whispering into your ear. "I think she means it.."
"Yeah, tell me about it." With a face like that, how could she not be?
"What?" Yuka glances over in your direction as she lays down to sleep, pulling the covers over her head with a quick motion of her arm. You weren't even given time to respond..
Aya does the same, laying in the leftmost bed. Looks like you're stuck between the two. Frustrated, you lay down. Did you do all that work to get dressed for nothing? Though you won't be able to sleep like this, you could at least take the time to try and figure out how to get out of this body on your own accord. Yuka doesn't bother shutting off the light, and it by the looks of it she's already fast asleep.
Aya, on the other hand, is staring you right in the face. You look her back, though she remains silent. You wonder exactly what's going through her mind right about now. As you turn to lay flat on your back, she grabs your wrist through the blankets over you.
"Shh.." Her other hand covers your mouth. "Be quiet. We're leaving."
But didn't Yuka just say--
You've little say in the matter. Aya pulls you out of the relative comfort of the bed and into the middle of the room. Through all of it, she doesn't make a sound.
"What're you--"
"Quiet!" She pulls you closer to her, covering your mouth a second time. What the hell is she thinking?!
You follow her silently out of the room and into the hall. Behind you, Yuka doesn't even move. Either she's asleep, or really good at faking it.
"Come on!" Aya pulls on your wrist, directing you down the hall. "She'll be out for hours, at this rate!"
"Alright, fine." Okay, you'll bite. "Why are you doing this?"
"Do you want to be stuck sleeping next to somebody like that?"
"No." You don't have to think to answer that. The mood in that room was fearsome, and you'd wanted nothing more than to be out of it.
"Then it's fine." Before you know it, the two of you are walking hand-in-hand down the hall. Though you're in Yuka's body, she's treating you as if you're still yourself.
The passages begin to look very familiar after a short walk down the next corridor. You pass by the baths on your left, and eventually wind up back where you started, face-to-face with Youmu. By the looks of it, she was cleaning the place until you'd barged in.
"Ah..!" The first thing she takes notice of is how close you are to Aya. "Is.. everything alright?"
Aya shakes her hand free from yours. "Yeah, everything's fine."
"You two seem awfully friendly all of a sudden." You silently curse that smirk growing on Youmu's face.
"I'm in a good mood right now." You reply with a smile. How Yuka would normally respond in this situation, you don't know. First of all, she probably wouldn't be holding hands with Aya to begin with..
"I see.." Youmu's eyes narrow slightly as she turns her attention back to her duties. "Just don't make a mess, is all I ask."
>> No. 58980
>>58979

[x] "Sure, my little toy."
>> No. 58981
[x] "Sure, my little toy~."
>> No. 58983
[x] "Sure, my little toy~."

Perfect
>> No. 58984
[x] "Sure, my little toy~."
>> No. 58995
[z] "Sure, my little toy~."

Yuka impersonatin gaems.
>> No. 58996
[x] "Sure, my little toy~."

Hot night action with Aya and Youmu.
>> No. 59002
I'm sure Aya will enjoy torturing Snake in Yuka's body. May as well get into character.

Oh Aya. So kinky.
>> No. 59003
You know for a fact that Yuka doesn't like taking orders, but.. Well, one thing comes to mind. You float over behind Youmu, grabbing her loosely by the shoulders.
"What are you doing?" Youmu looks up at you, hardly amused.
"Making a mess~" You grin, leaning in close to her face. With your mouth next to her ear, you whisper, "..out of you."
She brushes you aside, a slight tinge of color appearing around her cheeks.
"Will you stop that?!" Judging by her reaction, this isn't the first time she's been messed with like that.
"Oh, you're no fun~" You spin around in midair twice as you float back over to Aya. "We're leaving~"
"Mmmh.." Aya lets out an aggravated groan as she places a had over her face. "I can't believe you just did that.."
"We're~ leaving~" You pull her by the shoulders as you hover just above her. Eventually she complies, leaving the room with an apologetic wave to Youmu, who's too immersed in her chores to really notice. You check on your body once as you pass by the room, confirming that it's still safe before heading outside to the porch with Aya. The snowing seems to have halted, though it's still incredibly cold outside. You probably should've worn something a little heavier..
"So, now what?" Aya pulls you to the ground, seating you beside her.
"I was hoping to get a grip on these powers of mine, so something like this doesn't happen again." Sure, Yuka's a bitch, but the last thing you'd wanted to do was take over the body of an ally.
"I'm sure you'll figure it out, but.." She looks to the ground ahead, avoiding eye contact with you.
"But what?"
"It's hard for me, too." She looks up at you meekly. "I can't help but see Yuka when I look at you now."
"You didn't seem to mind it before." She hasn't been treating you any differently this entire time. "It's not like I'm a different person or anything."
"I know. It's just.." She looks back towards the door. "The you I know and love is lying unconscious back in that room. I want you to be normal again."
"Trust me, so do I. More than anyone." You reach for her hand. She doesn't pull it away like you'd thought she might. "But I don't think it'll happen."
"I don't know if I'll be able to get used to it.." You feel her squeeze your hand. "I'll try." She finally looks up at you, smiling weakly. You'd like nothing better than to kiss her right now, but will she let you with this body?
Doesn't hurt to try. You slowly, carefully lean your head forward, closing the gap between you and her. Her breath beats against your face as you slowly wrap your arm around her, pulling her closer. She looks into your eyes, ready and waiting. You're just about there when..
Her eyes suddenly grow wide. "GET DOWN!!"
You tumble to the ground as the floor where you once sat splinters to pieces. Without thinking, you grab Aya and pull her after you. You take her in your arms as you fly straight back, away from whatever attacked you.
You hit a wall. Unable to gain any more distance, you take to the skies. Aya looks to the ground as you come to a stop.
"What the hell?!" You yell.
"One of those things!!" She looks you in the eye, more angry than afraid.
"And here it was just getting good.." You release Aya, allowing her to fly under her own power. Her wings spread from her back as she cracks her knuckles.
"It's been a while since I've gone full-power." She looks at you, grinning wildly. "Think you can keep up?"
"We'll find out.." You don't have any physical weapons at the moment, but can you harness Yuka's awesome power? At this rate, you may not have a choice.
>> No. 59004
[X] Attempt to harness Yuka's awesome power. See if you can clone yourself again, send the clone to alert the rest of the household. Spark the Mysterious Antagonist.
>> No. 59005
We have acquired the power of youkai ℳℴℯ.

[x] Love Sign 『Master Spark』
>> No. 59012
>"Take a good look at our 'enemy'." Yuka tosses the body of the defeated creature in front of you. It's not like anything you'd expected. A machine--a twisted heap of smoking and sparking metal, easily 7 feet tall. It's arms are missing, ripped from their sockets by Yuka's awesome power. It appears to have been broken nearly in half at the waist. It bears an odd resemblance to Durandal, though the technology used to build this thing seems far more rudimentary. It has a skeletal appearance, though only it's basic shape looks human.

[x] You'd rather it keep its attention off Aya, so try something Yuka-ish: "You're huge! That means you have huge gears~! RIP & TEAR YOUR GEARS~!"
[x] Grapple.

Massive strength + CQC?

Snake used Takedown. It was super-effective.
>> No. 59014
[x] You'd rather it keep its attention off Aya, so try something Yuka-ish: "You're huge! That means you have huge gears~! RIP & TEAR YOUR GEARS~!"
[x] Grapple.

Fuck, with Yuka's strength we might not even need to use CQC.
>> No. 59015
Playing on the strengths we have always possessed augmented by a top-tier youkai's strength? I like this plan!

[x] You'd rather it keep its attention off Aya, so try something Yuka-ish: "You're huge! That means you have huge gears~! RIP & TEAR YOUR GEARS~!"
[x] Grapple.
>> No. 59017
[ ] You'd rather it keep its attention off Aya, so try something Yuka-ish: "You're huge! That means you have huge gears~! RIP & TEAR YOUR GEARS~!"
[ ] Grapple.
>> No. 59027
[x] You'd rather it keep its attention off Aya, so try something Yuka-ish: "You're huge! That means you have huge gears~! RIP & TEAR YOUR GEARS~!"
[x] Grapple.
>> No. 59028
[x] You'd rather it keep its attention off Aya, so try something Yuka-ish: "You're huge! That means you have huge gears~! RIP & TEAR YOUR GEARS~!"
[x] Grapple.

lol awesome, Snake and Yuka, massive win. If there will ever be a new game, gotta get Yuka instead of Aya.
>> No. 59031
[+] You'd rather it keep its attention off Aya, so try something Yuka-ish: "You're huge! That means you have huge gears~! RIP & TEAR YOUR GEARS~!"
[+] Grapple.

Haha. Perfect.
>> No. 59032
As you look down to the ground below, you can faintly make out the shaped of footprints appearing in the snow. It's trying to position itself under you, but by the looks of things it can't fly. That'll give you a bit of time, so long as it doesn't try to run inside. That's time enough to test out Yuka's powers.
"I'm gonna try something. Stand back." You wave Aya back, though she obeys reluctantly.
As you'd do with your own body, you take aim with your outstretched hand. As you ready yourself, you can feel an awesome energy condensing in your arm just burning to get out. As you hold your stance, the sensation grows stronger and stronger, until it becomes unbearable. You let it loose, before your hand grows hot enough to burn up.
From it fires a white-hot beam of intense light, like nothing you've ever seen before. Even Yuka's shot in the library was weaker than this! Somehow, you manage to keep it under control as it waves with the shaking of your arm.
It hurtles straight down at an alarming, almost instantaneous speed, crashing into the ground below with a deafening noise. If that metal monster was caught under it, you've surely destroyed it. You close your hand into a fist, and the beam shrinks and disappears.
"Pretty cool." By the looks of things, you've got full control of Yuka's abilities. Looking at your arm, you find it undamaged if only just a little fatigued. Nothing that'll keep you from fighting. Aya zips down to the ground as the dust settles. The wind trail behind you pushes you to the side.
You allow yourself to drop into free-fall in the hope that you'll be able to catch up.
It's no use, she's too fast. Though now you find the ground speeding up to greet you, and you don't have time to take control of your descent. You slam feet-first into the center of the shallow crater you'd made, burying you up to your knees in cold frozen earth.
The impact doesn't hurt, and you somehow managed to stay standing. Nothing's broken, but you don't have time to be standing around like this! You see the blurred outline of the machine rushing towards you, and you hurry to dig yourself free.
You pull you legs out just as it reaches for you. It's camouflage isn't perfect. You can see vague distortions in the air if you look closely enough. You move to the side to dodge an incoming appendage. As it retracts, you grab for it and swing it around. The machine doesn't move with the arm, and it comes free with a loud metallic snap. The camouflage around the creature's arm remains, while the rest of it's body flickers and becomes visible.
You see three arms left, each covered with hissing rotating blades. An upside-down dome shape takes place of it's lower body, where it's legs should be. It floats maybe three feet off the ground, it's insect-like form towering over you. Yellow bug-like sensors scan the area all at once, darting back and forth from place to place in the most grotesquely organic of fashions.
Another swing comes from it's remaining left arm, though it falls limply to the ground before you can grab it. It appears to have been cut cleanly at the shoulder, and the thing backs off.
"Need a hand?" Youmu steps forward beside you, both blades at the ready.
"I'm fine, get the others!" You grab Youmu by the collar, throwing her back into the house. She lands gracelessly on the front porch before rushing inside yelling. You search the area as fast as you can, looking for Aya.
You find her surrounded by the broken bodies of several of these things. How many are there? And how did she take care of those so quickly? In an instant, she's moved somewhere else.
You save the questions for later, concentrating fully on the hovering robot circling around you. As it raises another arm, you feel something burning in your shoulder. Looking over, you see blood. The damned thing shot you!
You ignore the pain as you rush after the machine. It's trying to keep it's distance now, after losing two arms to you and Youmu. It jolts back as you reach for it, just out of arms length. If you could only get your hand in it! You reach out again, only to come up short, and shot again. This time, you feel it hit your leg.
"Behind you!" You hear Aya's voice. Without hesitation, you spin on your heel as you jump back into the air. You barely miss losing your head to another of these machine's attacks. It's head turns side to side as it stumbles over the area where you once stood, though you don't give it time to find you.
You take aim, and fire. You watch as the thing disintegrates under the intense power of the beam you fired. As you ready yourself for the next attack, Aya zooms just over your head. She slams feet-first into the hovering robot you'd tried so desperately to destroy, tearing it in half.
She immediately turns to face you. "The others?!"
"Youmu's taking care of it!" You scan the area quickly. "How many more are there?"
"One. It got away." You feel her arms against your back. "Are you okay?!" She inspects your injured shoulder and leg, though the wounds appear to have closed up already.
"Fine, by the looks of it." It still hurts, but you'll manage the pain.
You take one last look around, assessing the damage. Aside from the enormous craters you'd made in the gardens, a total of eight of these machines lie strewn in pieces across the ground. Two seem to be that hovering type you'd encountered just now, and the others are those walking, humanoid ones you'd seen back in that field.
"My, what a mess!" Yuyuko rushes through the open front door, followed by Youmu and a half-asleep Komachi. The real Yuka is nowhere to be found, though you'd expect she's probably asleep or watching from somewhere. You make out a faint glint off in the gardens as the others try to figure out just what happened.
>> No. 59038
[+] Shoot the glint immediately, have Aya follow up, and meet her at the target. Don't let it get away.
>> No. 59043
[X] Shoot the glint immediately, have Aya follow up, and meet her at the target. Don't let it get away.

In before we kill someone friendly. Can't take chances now though.
>> No. 59044
[X] Blast the glint immediately. Take no prisoners.
>> No. 59053
POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION, GODDAMMIT. What's worse, letting a battle droid escape or killing a powerful ally?

[x] Quickly point it out to everyone and have Aya scout it out while everyone else follows

Remember, she's absurdly fast and she just took out a few of them single-handedly.
>> No. 59056
>>59046 here. Vote deleted.

Yeah, those things were cloaked, so they wouldn't let off a glint like that. If its cloaking device was destroyed, Aya would've given chase.

[x] Quickly point it out to everyone and have Aya scout it out while everyone else follows
>> No. 59057
[X] Shoot the glint immediately, have Aya follow up, and meet her at the target. Don't let it get away.
>> No. 59058
[x] Quickly point it out to everyone and have Aya scout it out.
[x] Put on the Youkai monocles, and see if you can track the escaped robot.
>> No. 59059
>>POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION, GODDAMMIT. What's worse, letting a battle droid escape or killing a powerful ally?

If they could be killed by something as minor as a Youkai ℳℴℯ brand Master Spark, then they clearly aren't all that "powerful" to begin with, or at least certainly not to the level needed to take on what we're going to have to face eventually.

Besides, friend or foe, anyone in the vicinity of what was clearly a nasty little battle who fails to make their presence known and waving a white flag while they do so is just begging to be fired upon.
>> No. 59075
>>59059
Are they designed to be "powerful?" When it was first explain that they were machines, my mind kept filling in for details for something clunky, rather imperfect in design, with exposed panels and joints, who only benefit from numbers and their stealth technology.

The new four-armed dome-headed robot ends up conjuring an image of some Jetsons robot ...

[x] Quickly point it out to everyone and have Aya scout it out while others follow
Don't suggest leaving home base unprotected.
>> No. 59098
[x] Quickly point it out to everyone and have Aya scout it out while everyone else follows
>> No. 59105
I hope someone is protecting Snake body
>> No. 59111
Autosage, new thread, etc.