[Return]
Archived thread

File 121963640778.jpg - (286.83KB , 640x840 , 74938d36c777c1886a4d651038b9039506ee9f64.jpg ) [iqdb]
57257 No. 57257
You take Aya by the hand, excusing yourself from further conversation. Maybe you'll be able to get something out of her if you take her away from the others for a one-on-one chat.
"Something wrong?" You lean in close, trying to gain insight from her expression. You place your hands on her shoulders in attempt to reassure her, as well as keep her from getting away.
"Can't you smell it?" Her tone seems angry for some reason, though she manages not to raise her voice.
"Smell what?" You didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.
"That woman, she stinks!" Aya pinches her nose, emphasizing her words. Now that you think of it, the woman was wearing some kind of perfume.
"Don't like peaches?" Either it was a perfume, or the smell was coming from what looked like peaches on her hat. Are those real? You turn your head, glancing at Tenshi.
"No!" Aya pushes you lightly, redirecting your attention. "She's a celestial! Don't tell me you didn't smell it!"
"I didn't. They don't affect me, remember?" That probably means you can't smell whatever Aya's talking about, either.
"Oh, right." She looks to the ground, downtrodden. "Sorry.."
"It's nothing, don't worry about it." You'll just have to make an extra effort to keep Aya at a distance from the woman.
"Something the matter?" It's Youmu. She places a hand over your shoulder. You turn your head to the direction of her voice, though she looks away at the last possible second.
"Forget I said anything." She places her other hand on Aya's shoulder. "I can't say I'm too fond of that woman, either."
"No, really?" She was trying to kill her a minute ago! That fact should be obvious. "But seriously, is there something between you guys?" Youmu's reason for resentment is definitely far different from Aya's, all things considered.
"There is." Youmu retracts her hands, placing one loosely on the hilt of her blade. "That blade of hers has the ability to destroy the ghosts of living things. She was using it to do just that, thereby erasing them from existence. I cannot forgive such a deplorable act."
"So now you try to kill her every chance you get?" You're all too familiar with the concept of vengeance, though this matter seems much more complicated.
Youmu doesn't reply, reacting to your question by turning her gaze downward in an almost shameful manner. She obviously doesn't feel too good about it, though you're really in no position to give any advice on the matter.
"Alright, do what you have to." You pat her on the shoulder. "I won't get involved."
"Thanks." You notice a faint smile cross her lips as you step past.
"Snake~" Oh great, here comes the other one. "Guess what~"
"What is it, Yuka?" You're still sore about her destroying the library, and almost screwing your chances to talk with Patchouli.
"It's foodtime~" She dances over to your side, using you as a pivot as she spins around you. At least it's good news, this time.
"Hear that?" You call back to Aya and Youmu as Yuka floats off into the next room. The two of them immediately rush after you as you make your way into the dining hall.
Your first inclination is to comment on the size of the room. It's not necessarily wide or tall, but it's long enough to fit the huge banquet table in the middle. It could easily seat fifty people, which is good considering the foul mood everyone seems to be in at the moment. The room is dark, illuminated only by moonlight shining in from tall wood-framed windows, and by the two or three candles at each corner of the room. You take a seat at the nearest end of the table to you, with Aya sitting just next to you. Youmu sits across from you, while Alice and Patchouli sit with Meiling and Cirno at the far end. There's no sign of Remilia or--
Oh, wait. There's Tenshi. She takes her seat, right next to Youmu, with an aggravatingly content smile on her face.
"Is this seat taken?" She asks, though she's already seated.
"Yes." Youmu replies, refusing to acknowledge her presence visually.
"Really?" Tenshi leans closer to her. "I don't see anybody else."
"My ghost half sits there." An obvious excuse, though you'd rather the two stay separated as well.
"Does it now?" Her smile grows wider, enjoying Youmu's angry reaction.
"Yes." Youmu's hand moves under the table. "Now begone, or I will cut you down."
Not good.
"Oh," Tenshi feigns a manner of shock, though her voice is filled with glee. "Can't we all just.. get along?"

>> No. 57263
[x] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Go bother Yuka."
>> No. 57264
[x] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Go bother Yuka."
>> No. 57269
[x] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Go bother Yuka."

Snake vs Tenshi.
>> No. 57271
[x] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Either stop acting like a child and sit down, or go bother Yuka."
>> No. 57273
[x] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Either stop acting like a child and sit down, or go bother Yuka."

Scoldan gaems.
>> No. 57274
[x] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Either stop acting like a child and sit down, or go bother Yuka."
>> No. 57275
[z] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Either stop acting like a child and sit down, or go bother Yuka."

Celestial scoldin gaems.
>> No. 57276
[x] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Either stop acting like a child and sit down, or go bother Yuka."

Geez, Tenshi's such a bitch.
>> No. 57277
[ ] "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to incite her. Either stop acting like a child and sit down, or go bother Yuka."
>> No. 57279
"We were all getting along just fine until you sat down and started acting like a spoiled brat." You've had enough of this woman's antics. Stopping her before things get worse is your first priority. "Anyone can clearly see you're trying to start a fight."
She turns that playful smile of hers on you, though she's obviously offended. "Why does it matter to you?"
"I'd like to have dinner in peace. You picking a fight with Youmu isn't helping." You sigh. "Look, if you really want to bother somebody, why don't you mess with Yuka?" The two seem to be a similar type of person.
"I'd rather mess with this one, thank you very much." She smiles at Youmu, as if the whole thing's just a big practical joke.
You move to respond, but you're interrupted by the chairs next to you being pulled out. Yuka sits next to you, with Flandre sitting one more down. It's probably best that you didn't get to say anything. That argument could last forever with Tenshi as the opponent.
"Hmm, something smells funny." Yuka sniffs the air, smiling wryly. "Is it food?"
"It's celestial." Youmu replies, burying her head in the palms of her hands in exasperation.
"Hey, flower lady!" Flandre practically yells as she stares up at Yuka. "Is celestial a kind of food?"
"I'm not sure," Yuka's smile widens. "Maybe if we eat it, we'll find out." Her eyes dart over to Tenshi, who responds with an uncomfortable smile.
"Ugh." Aya slaps a hand against her head.
"My thoughts exactly." You place your arm over her shoulder. At least you've got one ally in this. Two, if Youmu would care to take her hands away from those swords.
"I should've just left when I had the chance." Aya groans, "I'm losing my appetite."
You try to tune out the argument ensuing between Yuka and Tenshi, concentrating your full attention on Aya.
"You want to move?" You pull her head into your shoulder. She covers her face with your sleeve.
"No, I just want them to shut up!"
Suddenly, everyone does just that. Though it's not Aya's words that cause their sudden silence. You can hear something like a dinner bell from the far end of the room as Remilia takes her seat at the head of the table.
"Gentlemen!" She calls out, her voice echoing off the walls. She seems to be waiting for the guests to settle down, even though the room's gone completely silent.
"Is that all?" You hear somebody ask from the far side, nearest to Remilia.
"Yep. I'm not much for speeches tonight." You see her smile, but your attention doesn't remain on her for much longer.
Somehow, someway, a plate of food has found it's way in front of you and each person. Nobody delivered them. At least, you didn't see anybody set it down.
"Huh." You shrug, throwing such thoughts to the wayside as you dig in without hesitation.
"Hey, sister!" Flandre raises her hand, like an obedient schoolchild. "Where's mine?"
Your eyes dart over to the spot in front of her. Looks like she didn't get one.
"Bad girls don't get dinner." You hear Remilia reply from the far end.
"Whaaa~t?!" Flandre pounds a fist against the table. "What'd I do?!"
"Nothing, I meant it as a joke." You can faintly hear Remilia laughing. "We're not having what they're having. If it's not too much trouble, we'll eat together later."
"Okay." Flandre retakes her seat silently, pouting despite being satisfied with the answer.
"That's no fair!" Yuka yells out, playfully. "I want what you're having~"
"This table's too big!" Tenshi declares. "Make it smaller!"
"You don't understand the meaning of fine dining." Yuka points a knife at the celestial. "A big table is a sign of power." Strange words, coming from a woman who currently lives in a small cottage in a flower field.
"Be quiet, all of you!" A voice from the far side, probably Alice. "Eat in peace like the rest of us!"
"Don't egg them on." Patchouli's voice comes from the far end as little more than a whisper.
"We don't have eggs, idiot!" Obviously Cirno.
"Who invited her?" Remilia, again.
"Nobody." Meiling replies, "I couldn't get rid of her."
"I guess we can keep her around for dessert." You sense some hidden meaning to Remilia's words.
"Frozen treats are bad for your teeth, Mistress." Somewhere during this mess, Sakuya seems to have joined in.
"I have frozen frogs if you want one!" Cirno responds, oblivious to the implied threat.
"I'll pass. Eat your food." Remilia goes silent after that.
"How vulgar." Tenshi stares distastefully at the far side of the room as she takes another bite.
Completely ignoring the conversation allowed you enough time to eat your share. You set down your silverware. "Tastes like chicken."
"I'm stuffed!" Aya leans back in the chair, throwing a fork onto her empty plate as it disappears right before your eyes.
"That's really a nifty trick." You point to the empty space that remains.
"Time manipulation, or something." Aya shrugs, slouching further down in her seat. "I don't really get it, but that maid's really something."
She's definitely something, you'll give her that. what that something is, you don't know, and you'd rather not find out.
"Boo~ring~" Yuka yawns to your other side, Flandre mimicking her actions down to the very placement of her hands.
"Boo~ring~"
Yuka seems to pick up on it. She turns her gaze to Flandre. "What are you doing?"
"Waiting~" Flandre looks up and smiles earnestly. She seems to look up to the half-crazy woman. She stands up on her chair, yelling across the room. "Sister~ Is it ready yet~?"
You hear some murmuring from the other side, and you see Sakuya stand up. Seconds later, a plate of food appears in front of Flandre. You can guess what it's main ingredient is by the color--blood. It makes you feel a little queasy watching her eat it.
Looking around, the others--save for Yuka--seem to be feeling the same way.
"Uhh, I should be going now." Tenshi stands up, excusing herself from the table. One-by-one, the rest of you do just the same. You hear Remilia laughing to herself as everybody files out through the door. Yuka remains behind, along with Remilia and the other residents of the mansion.
The lot of you gather in the main hall. Youmu and Tenshi pass angry glares between each other as you sit with Aya on the bottom step of the main staircase.
"That's gotta be the most effective room-clearing tactic I've ever seen." You try not to think about it.
"Typical youkai behavior." Aya shrugs. "The vast majority of--"
"YOU TAKE THAT BACK!!" Youmu's enraged voice echoes throughout the room, abruptly ending your mildly less unpleasant conversation with Aya.
"Hahaha!" Tenshi laughs, obviously trying to provoke Youmu into fighting again.
"Oh no, here we go again.." Aya sighs, leaning back against the stairs in apathy.
>> No. 57283
[X] In the best drill sargent voice: "WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION!?"
[X] spanking, etc.
>> No. 57287
[x] Imagine a hand and fire it at Tenshi's rear.
>> No. 57288
[+] Imagine a hand and fire it at Tenshi's rear.
how do i failed spoilertag?
>> No. 57289
[x] Imagine a hand and fire it at Tenshi's rear.

The funnier option. Instead of a blow to the head we give her a blow to the pride. Hard to look antagonizing when you just got omega-spanked.
>> No. 57290
[x] Imagine a hand and fire it at Tenshi's rear.
>> No. 57291
[x] Imagine a hand and fire it at Tenshi's rear.

How's that superiority feel now bitch?
>> No. 57292
[x] Imagine a hand and fire it at Tenshi's rear.

Aya will be pissed, but at least it will humiliate Tenshi in front of Youmu.
>> No. 57293
I eagerly await Tenshi chasing after Snake while screaming "HURT ME MORE!"
>> No. 57296
[X] In the best drill sargent voice: "WHAT IS YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION!?"
[X] spanking, etc.

Oh god yes, please. Snake channeling Hartman? DO WANT.
>> No. 57297
"Not a chance!" Tenshi continues to goad Youmu into a fight. "I'll say it again! Yuyuko is a whore!"
"THAT DOES IT!" Youmu draws both blades. This time, she's serious.
"I have an idea." Here's a good chance to test out those new superpowers Patchouli helped you with! You turn to Aya with a cold smirk on your face. "Bad children need spankings, right?"
"I don't like where this is going." Aya peers at you through her fingers, half-covering her eyes with her hands. "But if you think it'll help, do it."
You watch as Youmu lunges at Tenshi, only to be kicked away like a ragdoll. She roars with rage as she advances again, only to face the same result.
"Hahaha!" Tenshi laughs condescendingly, turning away from you for an instant to taunt the sprawled-out Youmu further into a rage. Now's your chance!
You take aim and fire. It's nothing spectacular, only another of those small red projectiles. You'd much prefer a hand, but that might be pushing it. The result is exactly as you'd planned. The red ball of energy shoots forward from your palm, headed straight for Tenshi. You watch as it connects with her backside, knocking her to the floor as it explodes on impact.
"Kyaa~!" She topples over, head-over-heels straight to the floor.
She picks herself up as fast as her arms and legs can carry her, and she swiftly draws that red-orange blade.
"Alright!" She scans the room, seemingly unaware that you'd fired it. "Who did that?!"
You've certainly pissed her off, though her mind's been taken completely off of Youmu, who moves in for another attack.
"Gah!" Tenshi wheels around, bringing her blade to bear.
"Too slow!" But she's not fast enough. Youmu kicks the weapon from her hand as her own blade stops just short of Tenshi's throat.
"What now?" Tenshi smirks as Youmu holds firm. "Kill me, or have you gone soft?"
"I won't kill you." Youmu sheathes her blade. "But know this. I have defeated you, and I shall take your weapon as punishment."
"Hey, that's--" Tenshi grabs for her weapon laying on the floor, only to come up with nothing. Youmu scoops the weapon up with only seconds to spare.
Tenshi glares at Youmu indignantly. "...you give that back!" She makes another grab for it as Youmu pulls it away.
Her reach falls short, and she stumbles past Youmu, who kicks her legs out from under her. This time, she doesn't try to stand up.
"You.. give it.." She sobs between words, on the verge of tears. You almost feel sorry for her, only to remember she brought this upon herself.
Patchouli and Alice leave the room silently, headed through the door to the library.
"I will not." Youmu places the sword on her back with the others as she gazes down disdainfully at the crestfallen celestial.
"G-Give it.." Tenshi holds out a hand, imploring Youmu to return the blade.
"Oh God, here come the tears." Aya mutters quietly. "I can't bear to watch."
Youmu storms away as Tenshi follows her with teary eyes.
"Give it baaaaaaaaaaaack!!" She yells, tears streaming down her cheeks.
She just sits there, in the middle of the floor, rubbing her eyes and crying as Youmu leaves the room, stepping past you and heading up the stairs. You can't bear to watch.
"Give it back! Give it back! Give it baaa~ck!"
"Let's go." Aya stands up, following Youmu out of the room.
"Yeah." You follow behind, leaving Tenshi to her own devices.
>> No. 57299
>>57297

Kickass. Now Youmu's got a new weapon.
>> No. 57300
[x] Go back and hug Tenshi. Celestial moe~
>> No. 57302
[x] "If that's what it means to be a celestial, I think I'll pass."

Oh, that went well. Bitch crossed the line and got what she deserved.
>> No. 57304
[ ] "Youmu, can I have that if you don't plan on using it? Aya seems to like flaming broadswords, and thats about as close as I can get to a real one."
>> No. 57306
[ ] "Youmu, can I have that if you don't plan on using it? Aya seems to like flaming broadswords, and thats about as close as I can get to a real one."
>> No. 57308
[x] "If that's what it means to be a celestial, I think I'll pass."
[x] "Youmu, can I have that if you don't plan on using it? Aya seems to like flaming broadswords, and thats about as close as I can get to a real one."
>> No. 57309
[x] "If that's what it means to be a celestial, I think I'll pass."
[x] "Youmu, can I have that if you don't plan on using it? Aya seems to like flaming broadswords, and thats about as close as I can get to a real one."
>> No. 57310
[x] "If that's what it means to be a celestial, I think I'll pass."
[x] "Youmu, can I have that if you don't plan on using it? Aya seems to like flaming broadswords, and thats about as close as I can get to a real one."

GATTAI.
>> No. 57311
[x] "If that's what it means to be a celestial, I think I'll pass."
[x] "Youmu, can I have that if you don't plan on using it? Aya seems to like flaming broadswords, and thats about as close as I can get to a real one."
>> No. 57312
[x] "If that's what it means to be a celestial, I think I'll pass."
[x] "Youmu, can I have that if you don't plan on using it? Aya seems to like flaming broadswords, and thats about as close as I can get to a real one."

Awesome.
>> No. 57313
You take your time catching up to the others. Eventually, you wind up back where you started--at Youmu's room. She stands just outside the door, deep in thought.
"If that's what it means to be a celestial, I'd rather be a youkai." At least they don't have temper tantrums in the middle of the floor in somebody else's house.
"She's an exception to their race," Youmu turns to face you. "Little more than a spoiled child granted immortality by way of a technicality."
"So they're not all like that?" You look down the hall, hoping she didn't decide to follow. It's clear, for now.
"No, thankfully." Youmu sighs, still recovering from the incident that just transpired. She feels the hilt of the weapon she'd claimed, slowly drawing it out. "I wonder how she managed to get ahold of this.."
"Isn't it supposed to be a sacred treasure of theirs?" Aya leans forward, examining it with her own eyes. "I bet she just up and took it."
"Probably." Youmu holds the weapon out to you.
"What?" You eyeball it, unsure of what she's planned.
"Take it. I don't want it."
You comply, though reluctantly considering the effort she'd gone through just to take it away. Now she's just treating it like a useless piece of garbage.
It's light, almost weightless. The blade itself has a faintly metallic sheen, though it almost appears to be on fire.
"Hey Aya, this is the closest you're getting to that flaming broadsword." You smile and laugh, hoping to lighten the mood. "I hope you're writing this down."
"Heh," She smiles, though considerably exhausted. "Well, now I don't have to rewrite it, at least."
You place the weapon in your belt. It neither stabs not cuts your clothes. Nifty.
"I'm tired." Youmu places a hand on the door to her room. "If you've no objections, I'd like to retire for the night."
"You've earned it. Sleep well." You see her off, turning to Aya only after she's shut the door. "So about this sword.."
"What about it?" She cocks her head to the side curiously.
"Do you know anything else about it?"
"Not really. I suppose you should--no, wait, never mind." She shakes her head. "Forget I said anything."
"You were going to say I should ask Tenshi, right?" You honestly believe it might not be a bad idea, provided she doesn't try to kill you on-sight for having her weapon.
"...yes." Aya replies, meekly.
"Maybe I should, after she calms down."
"If you want. I don't want to be anywhere near her." You don't blame her. Thankfully, you can't smell whatever Aya was talking about. It would probably just make it tougher.
"If she's still here, I'll try tomorrow." Hopefully, she'll have calmed down by then.
"If she's still here. I'm sorry, but I really hope she's gone by then." Aya sighs, opening the door to your room.
Now that you think of it, this is the first time you've been in here. There's a small icebox, a lamppost, and a single full-sized bed. Everything seems to be red in this place. Red carpet, red stone floors, red-painted walls, and now red bed sheets.
"Ahh!" Aya flops down on the bed, breathing a heavy sigh of relief. "I'm so tired!" She tears the sheets open, throws off most of her clothes, and slips inside. She watches as you follow suit.
You set your weapons and the sword beside the bed as you shut off the lights and get in next to her.
"That's it? We're just sleeping?" You're not tired enough to refrain from messing with her a bit.
"Sorry," She kisses you gently on the cheek. "You're out of luck tonight."
"That's too bad." You smile, pulling her close.
She doesn't answer. A quick glance tells you she's fast asleep. You're not far behind her, falling fast asleep within minutes.

----------

Back by (un)popular demand! Pick a number between 1 and 1000. Post the number with a subject. The closest guess to the correct number will have that subject written into a dream sequence, etc, etc.
>> No. 57314
432 - Tenshi's Furious Flagellation Fun Time
>> No. 57316
[{(x)}] 23

Breakdancing competition. Snake's crew vs. Tenshi + the SDM.
>> No. 57317
850
Yuka wet dream!









but no if this wins my real vote is:
30s Gangster Snake, and how he alread knew how to use a thompson before he ever saw a uniform
>> No. 57318
500

Yuyuko, whoring around Gensokyo.
>> No. 57319
777: Chen vs. Orin
Moemoe vs. Tsundere! Kitten vs. Cat! Battle of the Stereotypes!
>> No. 57320
375
Snake comes back home after hard day of dragon hunting and is greeted by Aya and their lovely kids.
>> No. 57321
365
Snake and crew vs. Smaug(I mean Flandre-Dragon)
>> No. 57322
667 - Yuka and Flandre have a lovely tea party
>> No. 57323
952

Yuyuko, whoring around Gensokyo with Youmu and Tenshi in tow.

>>57318

I like the cut of your jib.
>> No. 57324
201 - A snail crawls along the edge of a straight razor
>> No. 57325
007

Yukari changes Snake's codename, attempts to give him a gun shaped like a large snake.
>> No. 57326
452


Snake and Flandre enjoy an evening playing with Remilia.
>> No. 57327
>"I will not." Youmu places the sword on her back with the others as she gazes down disdainfully at the crestfallen celestial.
>"G-Give it.." Tenshi holds out a hand, imploring Youmu to return the blade.
>"Oh God, here come the tears." Aya mutters quietly. "I can't bear to watch."
>Youmu storms away as Tenshi follows her with teary eyes.
>"Give it baaaaaaaaaaaack!!" She yells, tears streaming down her cheeks.
>She just sits there, in the middle of the floor, rubbing her eyes and crying as Youmu leaves the room, stepping past you and heading up the stairs. You can't bear to watch.
>"Give it back! Give it back! Give it baaa~ck!"

Unexpected moe.

Also, 241 - Tenshi getting a spanking; and loving it.
>> No. 57336
314 - a nightmare through the unending calculation of pi.
>> No. 57338
999

Cirno is the strongest
>> No. 57339
559

Snake and MacGyver VS the dragon
>> No. 57341
File 121969143242.jpg - (73.26KB , 792x612 , catch_the_dragon.jpg ) [iqdb]
57341
101

Snake chases the dragon.
>> No. 57343
607 Snake, Ruler of the impossible.
>> No. 57353
69

Snake vs Jedis. Hundreds of them.
>> No. 57354
659

Snake vs Meiling in a field of white flowers.
>> No. 57358
998

Yukari stuck in a gap a la "Window Girl.swf"
>> No. 57376
File 121970207912.jpg - (146.22KB , 992x567 , 1200871887413.jpg ) [iqdb]
57376
>>57358

Do want.
>> No. 57377
>>57358
MAKE IT HAPPEN
>> No. 57383
765
GiG style funny codec moments.

"Uh, Snake, what are you doing?"
"I'm in a box..."
>> No. 57397
1000

Yukari and Yuka's having the same wet dream thanks to Border Manipulation.
>> No. 57398
File 121970542855.jpg - (308.13KB , 800x640 , Ex Nine.jpg ) [iqdb]
57398
>>57338
>> No. 57406
>>57398

Oh god, Cirnari is hot.
>> No. 57419
>>57327

Wins. 251 was the correct answer, as well as the number of story-related posts to date (minus bad ends).
>> No. 57422
"...aaa...e~"
What? You faintly hear the sound of somebody's voice. Is that Yuka?
"Snaaake~"
It's her alright, calling out your name in that sing-song tone of hers. What the hell does she want at this hour? You throw the covers from you and climb out of bed, carefully to avoid waking Aya. You throw on some pants and step out into the hall. Was the door open before? You're sure you closed it, though it's wide open now. What time is it?
"Snaaake~" Her voice grows louder as you step into the hallway. "Over hee~re~" It's coming from one of the rooms.
You see a light on in one just across the hall. That's gotta be the one. You step forward, feeling something hit against the side of your leg. Looking down, that sword is still tucked in your belt. It must've gotten caught as you put your pants on. You place one hand on the hilt as you sneak forward and open the door a slight crack.
You can see Youmu inside, standing at the edge of the room with a delighted smirk on her face.
"Somebody call me?" You open the door wider, peeking your head in. Where's Yuka?
"Get in here." Youmu grabs you by the hand, forcing you inside the room. "You've gotta see this!" What's wrong with her voice? She's talking all wrong! What happened to that prim and proper manner of speech you're so accustomed to?
"What's going--what the hell?!" You find Yuka sitting on the bed, with Tenshi bent over her lap in a less than decent position. She's facing you, but it looks like her skirt's been pulled up over her hips.
THWACK!
Yuka slaps her firmly across the buttocks. The sound of flesh against flesh causes you to flinch.
"Ahh~!" Tenshi cries out in what you could safely assume is pleasure.
"Look, look!" Yuka smiles that playful smile. "She likes it! Wanna give it a go?"
"No thanks." You finger the sword, nervously. Tenshi seems to take notice.
"Sword.." She moans, reaching out to it desperately even though you're on the other side of the room. "Give it--Ahhn~!"
Another swat across the backside by Yuka. Tenshi's entire body contracts as the hit lands. Yep, she's definitely enjoying it.
"I'm going back to bed." You frown, attempting to step out of the room. Youmu grabs your hand as you turn away.
"At least try it." She smiles, nodding to Yuka and Tenshi. "I've already had my turn."
"Yes!" Tenshi yelps, staring at you with those tear-strewn eyes. "Hit me! With the sword! Please..!"
"I'd rather not." You try to pull yourself free from Youmu's vise-like grip. You can't pull free. "Besides, that might really hurt."
"That's the idea." Yuka beckons you as she slaps Tenshi again, this time on the face.
"I said no." It might be fine for them, but you're not interested. "Let go, Youmu."
"C'mon!" She doesn't let go, instead shaking your arm up and down. "Just once is enough!"
"Let go." You repeat, more sternly. You're tired, you want to sleep. You don't want to spank Tenshi.
Youmu's scheming smile widens as she drops your hand. You immediately head for the door.
Thump.
Yuka pushes it shut, her arms reaching over your shoulders. You turn around to confront her, instead coming face-to-face with Tenshi, who pushes you into the wall. You can't move your hands! She's pinned them over your head. You can't get away. She thrusts her head forward, kissing you on the lips. Her tongue fells around your mouth as you try to fend off your surprise.
You throw her into the opposing wall, wiping her saliva from your mouth. Why didn't just you do that from the start?
"That's the spirit!" She glares at you, grinning wildly. "Hit me again!!"
"Crazy bitch." You slam the door open as you storm out of the room.
"Hey! Come back!" You hear her call after you, but you've had enough. You slam the door shut behind you, returning quietly to your own room.
This time, you shut and lock the door, leaning against it once your confident they won't chase after you. Did all that really happen just now? Or is this just a dream? You don't try to dwell on it for too long. You wipe your face before stripping back down and climbing back into bed with Aya. It takes you little time to fall asleep again.

----------

"Wake your ass up!" Aya pushes you, right off the bed. You land face-first on the floor, completely awake in seconds.
"What th--"
"I've been trying to get you up for the past ten minutes!" A pillow hits you square in the face.
"Huh?" You're not normally such a heavy sleeper. Is she lying? Wait, what was all that last night? Were you dreaming?
"Get your stuff." Your pants hit you in the face, this time. "Let's go take a shower."
"Sounds good." You walk with Aya, trying to locate a bathroom in this place. Eventually, you find one and you bathe together. You don't pass up the opportunity to feel her up once or twice, though she pushes you away with a smile each time you try something. After a good few minutes under the water, you're all dressed and ready for the day. You mess around with the sword as Aya gets dressed, getting a feel for it's weight and balance.
Stepping out into the hall, it looks like the others aren't up.
>> No. 57426
[x] Go wake Flandre up.
>> No. 57428
[X] Look around

Flandre may not be a morning person...
>> No. 57431
[x] Investigate whether it was a dream or not.

Holy bleeding christ my vote won. This is like a mini-Christmas in August.
>> No. 57432
[X] Look around
>> No. 57433
>>57431
lol
>> No. 57435
[x] Investigate whether it was a dream or not.
>> No. 57437
[x] Investigate whether it was a dream or not.
>> No. 57439
[x] Investigate whether it was a dream or not.
>> No. 57443
[x] Investigate whether it was a dream or not.
>> No. 57489
[\TENSHI/] Investigate whether it was a dream or not.
>> No. 57515
[x] Investigate whether it was a dream or not.
>> No. 57520
Well, you could opt to go have a look around again, but the events of last night hold sway over your mind. Did all that really happen? You turn to Aya. No, she wouldn't know. She was out like a light all night. Your only option is to look for the others. Youmu's probably awake at this point, so you'll try to find her first.
Before searching the rest of the place, you should at least check her room, first. You walk back down the hall, telling Aya to wait for you by the stairs. You'd like to do some more training with your newly found powers, if possible. If you remember correctly, Youmu's room was.. This one! You knock first, waiting for a response. Nothing.
Carefully, you peek inside. You see Yuka asleep on the bed, but Youmu's nowhere to be found. Weren't they sharing a room together? You close the door, careful not to make a sound. Waking up Yuka would be the last thing you'd want to do. You walk back to the main hall and regroup with Aya. Looks like she didn't wait, though. You can't find a trace of her anywhere.
An eerie silence passes over the room. Compared to the rowdiness of everyone last night, the lack of noise is unsettling. You decide to head outside for some fresh air. Maybe that'll help clear your mind. You head for the front door, opening it quietly and stepping outside.
This is strange, where'd the walkway go? For that matter, where'd the house go? This is strangely similar to the time you'd walked into Yuka's mansion. Is it some sort of trick? You feel for the blade at your hip. It's gone. At least you still have your pistol.
"Oh, hey!" Somebody taps you on the shoulder. "Didn't think I'd bee seeing you so soon."
"Who-" You spin around, keeping your hand placed firmly over your weapon. As you catch sight of the person, you realize you won't need to shoot.
"It's Komachi, or did you forget?" She smiles.
"What's going on?" You do a double-take on your surroundings. Isn't this Muenzuka? What're you doing here?
"Same old, same old. Nothing out of the ordinary, really. What about you?" She seems to have misconstrued your question.
"No, I mean what am I doing here?"
She doesn't seem at all surprised by your correction. "Yeah, you probably don't know yet. Hate to break it to you, but you're dead."
"What?" That can't be right! You were fine just a minute ago! "I can't be dead. Enough with the jokes."
"No joke." Her face turns sour. "Looks like you were killed in your sleep or something. A lot of good folks seem to go out that way, these days." She points to your chest. "See?"
You look down. Your shirt's covered in red. From her words, you could only guess it to be your blood. You examine the wound. There's no mark on your body, nor is it painful. But if she's right, you'd have to be dead. A wound like this would've pierced your heart.
"What happened?" Somehow, someway, you're able to keep calm. Dying really isn't as bad as you thought, and you'd been preparing for it since you set foot on the battlefield so many years ago. "How did I die?"
"Stabbed, by your own blade." She treats it as if it's no big deal. Then again, there's nothing that can be done about it now. Something's not right, don't you still have it?
"That's not right, I have it right here." You pull the knife from your boot. It's clean, like you left it.
"Didn't you have a sword or something on you?" How does she know all this?
"I did. Something Youmu took from a celestial." Did Tenshi do this?
"That's the one I meant." She points, confirming her suspicion with the simple gesture. "Now come on, it's time to pay the reaper."
"Pay?" With what? You don't have any money.
"Do I have to shake it out of you?" She furrows her brow, displaying her frustration. Eventually, she seems to understand you've no idea what the hell she's going on about. "Alright, fine. Lemme help." She punches you firmly against your chest. Her hand seems to sink into your body, like you're make out of putty. You black out instantaneously.

----------

"Ah, you're finally waking up."
You hear her voice, though your vision is blurred. It looks like she's in front of you again. You try to respond, but the words don't come out.
"Ah, don't try to force it. You'll fall off the boat and that'll be the end of you." Her voice seems.. sympathetic, almost.
Your vision clears, and you find yourself on a small wooden dinghy. Around you is nothing but water, covered by a clean white mist. You can't see beyond several feet of the boat. Small ripples in the water audibly splash against the boat, heightening the eerily silent atmosphere.
"So how's it feel being dead?" She snickers, "Oh, sorry. I keep forgetting spirits can't talk. I hope you don't mind a little one-sided conversation." She guides the boat with her scythe, placed in the water behind it like a rudder. You're sitting at the front, you think. Why can't you see your body?
"It's really not as bad as people think--dying. Most people go to hell for a while, then get sent back into the system like nothing happened." She frowns at you. "Then again, you're a soldier, aren't you? Means you killed a few guys, right?" She changes to a pained expression. "Ahhh, that's probably not going to go over so well with the boss."
Didn't she say something to that effect, something to do with repentance? How long have you been out here?
"I hear that." Can she truly hear you? "You're probably thinking, 'why me' right about now. Truth is, this happens to everybody. Rich, poor, young, old. It really makes no difference." She kicks the floor of the boat, causing it to rock lightly. "Geez, we've been out here for a while. What'd you do, skin a village of women and children?"
"Komachi," It's Shiki! When did she get here? She appears to be floating just over the water, but that could be your eyes playing tricks on you. "Haven't I told you to toss the ones who's river's breadth extends forever?"
"Well, yeah, but--" She looks down at you, almost apologetically.
"No back talk, I can't have my only Death God slacking off like thi-" Shiki's eyes glimpse in your direction several times. On the third, she goes silent. "Oh my."
"See?" Komachi shrugs, seemingly unsure of her response. "I can't just toss this one."
"It would certainly seem that way." She looks back down to you. "So, we meet again. Unfortunately, it would appear you've had far too little time to better yourself since we last met. Though you've certainly grown stronger." She pulls a flattened gold scepter from her shirt. "I shall grant you the ability to speak for a short while."
She taps you with the object. It feels as if a great weight has been lifted from your shoulders. Well, if you had shoulders at this point and time.
"Hold your tongue." She brandishes the object, holding it to you. "I've a request, though I doubt you'll want to refuse it."
"Oh, I know this one." Komachi snickers.
"Be quiet, you!" As a result, Shiki bops her on the head, turning back as soon as she's satisfied. "I'll grant you three options. You may choose one. First, you can be thrown overboard, where the beasts of this lake will feast on your sinful soul. Second, you may choose to spend up to an eternity in hell, repenting your sins." She pauses before reaching the last option, judging you carefully with a piercing gaze. "Your last option, and I recommend you take it, would be to volunteer your services to me, and escape the wheel of karma."

[ ] Jump into the lake
[ ] Go to hell
[ ] Accept Shiki's offer
>> No. 57522
[X] Accept Shiki's offer

Oh wow
>> No. 57531
[X] Accept Shiki's offer
We're dead? What? But Aya talked to us? We had a shower with her, when did we die?
>> No. 57537
[X] Accept Shiki's offer

What?
>> No. 57539
File 121978594614.jpg - (66.48KB , 1020x740 , godofwar2.jpg ) [iqdb]
57539
[x] Go to hell
[x] Break out of it
>> No. 57540
[x] Go to hell
Shinki > Shiki
>> No. 57541
[x] Go to hell

So we mysteriously die and Shiki is fully ready to take advantage of it with an already prepared deal. That doesn't seem conspicuous at all.
>> No. 57543
Going to hell turns us into a youkai, and accepting her offer turns us into something he doesn't want to tell us about just yet.

Choose wisely Anon.
>> No. 57544
[x] Go to hell

With Celestials like Tenshi, maybe hell isn't that bad?
>> No. 57545
[x] Go (DIE) to hell
>> No. 57546
[X] Accept Shiki's offer

I'm picking on the basis that this might take shorter time to clear up so we can get back to Aya.
>> No. 57547
[2:39:03pm] <%Okuu> also, accepting Shiki's offer is a direct lead-in to dragon fightan
[2:39:15pm] <%Okuu> the other is more round-about.
[2:40:11pm] <%Okuu> it also impacts the ending to an extent, though many of the decisions after this point will do the same.
>> No. 57548
File 121978678448.jpg - (151.73KB , 694x982 , 1439072.jpg ) [iqdb]
57548
[x] Go to hell

This will be awesome. I can feel it.
>> No. 57549
[x] Go to hell
>> No. 57550
[x] Go to hell
>> No. 57551
>>57543
He didn't say which of those is the youkai option though.
>> No. 57552
Wait.. what?
>> No. 57555
And just so people realize this. This would have happened in some way, shape, or form no matter what happened as a result of us picking up Durandal. The actions at SDM weren't directly responsible for this. This is something he's had planned since the start pretty much.
>> No. 57557
>>57555

Not as a result of it, but from any point after that it became possible and inevitable. Durandal is the result of a side-quest of sorts and mostly unrelated to the events taking place right now.

Also, hell is won. Writan now.
>> No. 57558
This thread is starting to reek of IRC faggotry.
>> No. 57559
[+] Accept Shiki's offer
This death came out of nowhere. What the fuck?
>> No. 57567
So, did Tenshi kill us?
>> No. 57568
>>57567
She doesn't seem like the subtle sort. We'd probably have noticed something if it was her who did it.
>> No. 57569
"Your options are a bit one-sided." You reply, considering your choice carefully. Certainly, diving into the Styx is not going to end well, especially since you've no arms or legs to speak of. Her offer to work under her is tempting, but in the end, is that really how you want to end up? You look at Komachi, who seems to get beaten by Shiki every time you see her. In a way, that's it's own kind of hell.
"The choices I can allow are merely restricted by doctrine." Shiki frown, looking down upon you with a mix of disdain and pity. "I realize you aren't a terrible person, but the law is the law. Have you reached a decision?"
"I have." You may regret it, but that last option sounds too good to be true. You can't accept it.
"I see. So you've chosen hell." Her voice is cold, devoid of all emotion as if she were now acting only as part of the machine. "Very well, I shall begin judgement." She brings out a small mirror, no bigger than your hand, and holds it to your face. She peers into the device, as if it were showing her an entire account of your life's history. You await her next move.
Eventually, she retracts the mirror, contemplating before making a final decision.
"You have taken many lives, and repented for none. You shall spend one lifetime for each life you've taken in the Chamber of Wind and Thunder-- A total of one hundred and sixty four lifetimes. Under authority of my title, Judge of Paradise, I condemn you."
As she slams her scepter down onto you, you fall. Not into the river as you'd expect, but through the very earth itself. As you fall, your body returns to what you know as youself. You have hands again, and they feel the scorching heat of the fires around you. It hurts like crazy, but you see no signs of actual physical damage.
Without warning, the fires disappear all at once, revealing what appears to be a range of mountains, all underground. You land on your back, and you feel a sharp pain on your left shoulder. You've landed on some sort of spike. It's impaled your shoulder, but the wound doesn't bleed. It takes a great effort to pull yourself from it, and the pain becomes almost unbearable.
"Agh!" You grab your shoulder, inspecting the damage. Nothing. All but the pain you feel is gone, as if it had healed when you pulled yourself off of it. You first examine yourself, and then the surrounding area. Though you're wearing your pants, the rest of your gear is missing. No guns, no knives. You figure the spike would make for a good club, if you'd had the strength to pull it from the ground. But it's no use, it's lodged in there good.
You scan the area, looking for anything that might help you. Your first inclination is to think how lucky you are to have landed where you did. The mountains to your left and rear appear to be coated with what looks like giant needles. You feel sorry for the poor sod who'd wind up falling on that hill. The range to your front is covered by innumerable amounts of blue glowing lights. It's too far to make out any details, but they appear to be moving.
Now, onto your objective--how to escape. You don't know what kind of horrible torture awaits you for the next 164 lifetimes, but you're not planning on going quietly. Or so you'd expect. It appears you've already been spotted. A particularly well-muscled man with horns on his head stares daggers into your head.
"Hoh, we got us a fresh one!" He calls out as several others gather round.
"Wotta we gunna do wit' dis one?" A more brutish one of the bunch adds with a deep growl.
"Letz pound 'im!"
"Tear hiz guts out!"
They continue to call off various gruesome torture methods, until..
"Hey, outta the way you bastards!" One of the beasts to the back of the group is thrown through the air as a more feminine voice speaks up. "I get first dibs on the new guys! Those're the rules!"
"Dats no fair, yous!" The brute replies, only to receive a punch in the face by somebody you'd recognize anywhere.
"Yuugi?" Your jaw drops.
She scowls, staring off into the group. "Which one 'a you bastards dares use my first name?!"
"Naw, boss. Iz da fresh meat what did it!"
"You shut up!" She hits him again. "I know that!"
You stand at a loss for words as she turns to face you. "Hm?" Her eyes widen in surprise. "You?" She turns to the others. "Alright guys, show's over! Get back to work! Drinks're on me tonight!" They file away cheering, some of the slower ones linger behind for while longer. They all clear out, save for Yuugi.
"So what the hell're you doing here?" She eyeballs you with caution.
>> No. 57572
[x] "It seems Im dead, and after a bit of talking, I wound up here to pay for my sins. You wouldn't happen to know the way out of here would you? All things considered, there are still things I need to take care of above ground and the longer I stay down here, the more I'll cause concern for my companions."
>> No. 57573
[x] "Something involving a celestial trying to molest me, getting run through by a knife, and a Yama attempting to make a godfather deal with me. Lots of hazy details."
>> No. 57574
[x] "It seems Im dead, and after a bit of talking, I wound up here to pay for my sins. You wouldn't happen to know the way out of here would you? All things considered, there are still things I need to take care of above ground and the longer I stay down here, the more I'll cause concern for my companions."
>> No. 57575
[x] "Apparently I got killed under vague circumstances that I don't remember for for some reason. The Yama said I deserved to burn in hell, so here I am."
>> No. 57576
[x] "It seems Im dead, and after a bit of talking, I wound up here to pay for my sins. You wouldn't happen to know the way out of here would you? All things considered, there are still things I need to take care of above ground and the longer I stay down here, the more I'll cause concern for my companions."
>> No. 57577
>"So what the hell're you doing here?"

Oh you
>> No. 57593
[X] "It seems Im dead, and after a bit of talking, I wound up here to pay for my sins. You wouldn't happen to know the way out of here would you? All things considered, there are still things I need to take care of above ground and the longer I stay down here, the more I'll cause concern for my companions."
>> No. 57603
[x] "It seems Im dead, and after a bit of talking, I wound up here to pay for my sins. You wouldn't happen to know the way out of here would you? All things considered, there are still things I need to take care of above ground and the longer I stay down here, the more I'll cause concern for my companions."
>> No. 57606
[x] "It seems Im dead, and after a bit of talking, I wound up here to pay for my sins. You wouldn't happen to know the way out of here would you? All things considered, there are still things I need to take care of above ground and the longer I stay down here, the more I'll cause concern for my companions."
>> No. 57607
"You want the long version or the short version?" You ask, formulating the best way to mention your situation while you wait for her response.
"The short one. I'm off work in five minutes." Any later and you'd have been completely fucked. You're glad she's here, but will she help you?
"The Death God said I died. Apparently I got stabbed in my sleep or something, but I'm not sure I buy that story." After all, you'd walked into the field through the mansion's front door instead of waking up in it. There's something very wrong there, and it sticks out like a sore thumb. Come to think if it, there's a lot that doesn't make sense right about now.
"I could guess the rest." She smiles, wryly. "The Yama and you had a little chat, which resulted in your being here. The typical fare, though you don't seem the type that belongs here."
"I'm a soldier, or was back in the outside world. Somehow, my job landed me serving 164 life terms in hell." What luck. You're having one hell of a day, so far.
"Huh." She shrugs. "Sucks for you then."
"Tell me about it." You decide to give it a shot. "Could you do me a quick favor?"
"What's that?" She seems curious. At least you've got her attention.
"Could you show me the way to the door?" You can't think of a reason she'd be willing to help, but you keep at it anyway. "You see, I think I might've left the oven on at the house, and I'm afraid the place might burn down if I leave it for too much longer."
She stares at you completely dumbfounded for a second of two longer.
"Pfft--Hahahaha~!" She slaps you on the shoulder in her fit of laughter, strong enough to break a man's bones. All at once, she suddenly silences herself, staring at you with a face that'd give grandma a heart attack. "What the fuck, guy? Why should I let your ass out, when all the others are burning like they should be?"
"Uhh.." You fumble for a response, but nothing comes to mind.
"You got nothing, right?" Her expression softens. "Even if you're a friend, I can't help ya. I most certainly can't tell you that we change shifts in three minutes, that the exit is about a mile in the direction of the hill of knives, and I won't feel obligated to pick up my I.D. card I just dropped right now." Something falls from her hands. "Oops, guess I gotta get a new one. The portrait and name looks a little burnt."
You scoop up the object in your hands as she turns her head the other way. It's a thin strip of steel, imprinted with Yuugi's name, a number, and a portrait of her head that's been half worn away.
She continues. "And since I didn't do any of these things, there's no need to thank or repay me. Though if you want to get out of torture for a day or two, a bottle of sake would make a great offering to your caretakers." She reaches down, pulling the spike you'd landed on from the ground with ease, and holding it against your forehead.
"Hmm, naah!" She moves it, now holding it just above your left ear. "Good enough. You'd make a fine oni, you know."
"I'll take that as a compliment." You smile, touching your new 'horn' as she releases it from her grasp. It sticks to your head somehow, though you feel it move enough that you'll be able to remove it once you're out. "Looks like I'm late for my next seminar at the lightning death room." You sort of remember one of them mentioning something like that before.
"Get your ass outta here." She kicks you lightly in the rear, sending you on your way.
You run away as fast as you can, waving goodbye to the woman who may have risked her life and limb to bust you out.
You run directly toward the hill of needles ahead, hoping it's the right way to the exit. Ahead, you see a crowd of those horned men. That's gotta be the place. You stand behind them as the crowd slowly grows thin. One of the smellier ones turns around.
"You new round here?" He growls, his stinking breath singing your nostrils.
"Ya," You reply in your best imitation of his voice. "Got ta workin' just today."
"Huh huh, gots me a screamer in the pit, mebbe I'll letcha have a go at 'im one day." He turns around, headed through a large wooden gateway. It doesn't look like there's any guards present, though a steady stream of horned men and women are now coming through in the opposite direction. You walk through the doors, trying your bet to look inconspicuous. Really, you're about half the size of these guys. One could easily overpower you.
Beyond the door is a network of caves. The group ahead moves through a single cave, though it branches off into three more tunnels. Occasionally, one of the men will walk down the rightmost passage, and you can feel a breeze coming from the one on the left. One in particular is lined with unlit torches, and appears to have been left unused for years.

[ ] Go through the leftmost cave
[ ] Go through the rightmost cave
[ ] Follow the oni
[ ] Go through the cave with torches
>> No. 57608
[x] Go through the leftmost cave
Breeze is good, considering the only oni to ever have left is Suika so I doubt the other oni would walk anywhere near the exit
>> No. 57609
[x] Go through the leftmost cave
>> No. 57610
[x] Go through the leftmost cave
>> No. 57612
[X] Go through the rightmost cave

The cave with the unlit torches probably isn't the exit. It seems the oni are free to come and go from hell, so it wouldn't make sense to go down an abandoned tunnel.
>> No. 57616
>One in particular is lined with unlit torches, and appears to have been left unused for years.

Makai here we come.

[x] Go through the cave with torches
>> No. 57623
>>57616

Leaving should be our top priority, Aya must be worried sick about us especially considering we don't know the circumstances of what happened before died.
>> No. 57624
[x] You lost your gear, but what about your codec? Try to contact Yukari.
[x] Go through the cave with torches.

Had we been wearing it, I assume the butterfly pendant we gave to Youmu would've acted as a get out of jail free card, sending us directly to Hakugyokurou.
>> No. 57625
>>57623

We're miles below ground; that "wind" in all likelihood is a red herring. The fastest way out of here is by finding someone powerful that we know well, and that would be Shinki.

We knew going to hell would delay seeing Aya more than accepting Siki's offer; I'm fine with Snake going on a solo stealth-sneaking mission for a bit.
>> No. 57626
[X] Go through the cave with torches
>> No. 57628
[x] Follow Yuugi's directions.
[x] See if we still have the codec or not.
I'm suspicious that you chose to give us options instead of forcing write-ins like you have for the whole story, Nuke.

Also, the underground where the oni live isn't part of hell anymore. That's why Okuu had to rekindle the flames.
>> No. 57630
[X] Go through the leftmost cave
>> No. 57632
A breeze usually leads to the way out, or so you were taught. You sneak away from the group and duck down into the leftmost pathway. Eventually, you're far enough that they won't be able to see you. You give yourself a mental cheer. You just busted yourself out of Hell, and in less than ten minutes to boot. If that's not something to be proud of, than what is? You thank your lucky stars as you continue forward.
As you travel onward, a noise rings in your ear. The transmitter is still there, and active as well. Through the buzzing interference, you're able to make out the garbled sound of a human voice.
*zzzzzzzzzz-e-zzzzzzzzz-ou-zzzzzzzzz-he-zzzzzzzzzzzz-a-zzzzzzz-s-zzzzzzzzz*
The device suddenly goes silent. How far underground are you, to cause this much interference on a device that's been transmitting crystal-cear reception up to now. Is it possible that the disappearance of your body on the river may have caused it? You press forward.
You come to what looks like an abandoned excavation site. There's pieces of rusted and disintegrated metal everywhere, though you see no signs of life. You don't question the reason why it's here. You need to find a weapon, and now may be the perfect place to look. Between all the rubble and rusted iron, you find the worn-out hilt of a sword. There's a bit of blade still on the end of it, so you decide to keep it around until you find something better. You step past the corroded skeleton of a mine cart as you move into the next cave.
You walk for miles upon miles, stopping for nothing. You don't have time to catch your breath, it's possible somebody will notice you're missing.
*zzzzzz-I-zzzzzzzz-un-zzzzzzzzzzzzz-p-zzzzzzzzzzzzzz-s-zzzzzzz*
Is somebody trying to contact you? It doesn't come out any clearer, no matter how far down you continue. All you know right now is that it's dark, and the cave seems to have been dug at a shallow incline. You're going upwards, but it may take you forever to get back.
You happen upon another open area, this one flooded with molten magma. There's enough rock around it that you're able to keep going, but the heat is unbearable. You try to ignore it as you jump from rock to rock, careful not to fall in the orange and yellow mix below. You don't want to die twice in one day. You concentrate your full attention on the ground below, and you make it safely to the far side of the cavern. You encounter several more of these laval flows along the way. One in particular catches your attention and sticks in your mind. You stop for a look around, seeing a pile of skeletons thrown around a large, jagged stalagmite. You search through the bones, hoping to find something like rope, but you turn up empty-handed. You get out quickly, thinking you'd rather not end up like that. Eventually, you reach a room where you can't progress further. A fast-moving stream of magma blocks your path. The only way past is through it.
You sit at the edge of the room, trying to come up with a solution. Should you go back? Or should you try to jump it? Both ways could end in death quite easily. You're in one hell of a predicament. To make matters worse, you feel yourself getting sleepy.

----------

You must've dozed off. You shake your head vigorously, forcing yourself back to full consciousness.
"Aww, this one's not dead?" A voice? Down here? Have they caught up to you?
"You have some weird fetish for corpses, Rin." Where are they coming from? You can't see anybody. That broken blade won't be much use against an invisible opponent.
"It's part of the job, I can't help it." Above? No, nothing. Are you hearing things?
"So what're you gonna do? Wait for it to die? This one came from below."
"From below? Kuu, that's-"
"I betcha it escaped from that place"
"Escaped from Hell? No way!"
"Let's go find out!"
"Hey, wait!"
Something lands beside you. A woman? You guess she's about 16, with unkempt black hair, and a white and green dress. Must be one of the ones you'd heard talking just now. She grabs you by the shoulders, searching your front and back for something only she'd know where to find. You decide to hold off an attack, for now.
Another one lands beside her. This one seems a little more wary of the weapon in your hand. She hold the skirt of her black dress nervously.
"Check it out!" The one grabbing your shoulders pulls on your fake horn. "It's an ogre!"
"An ogre?" The other gets closer. "All the way up here?"
"Looks like--Ah!" The horn breaks off in her hand. "Erm.." She stares at it for a second before attempting to put it back.
"What did you do?!" The red-haired one yells at the other, who beats the horn against your head frantically, trying to put it back on.
"It won't go back on! I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" She looks like she's about to cry.
"Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow." You repeat the same word with each strike. It really hurts!
"Don't get yourself so worked up!" The redhead grabs her, pulling the two of you apart. "It's fake!"
"It's.. fake..?"
"Yeah, It's fake." You reply, "Can I talk now?"
The two stare at you, mystified. They're waiting for you to say something.
>> No. 57634
[X] "The name's Snake. I'm trying to escape this damn place."
>> No. 57637
[X] "The name's Snake. I'm trying to escape this damn place."
>> No. 57638
[x] "The name's Snake. I'm trying to escape this damn place."

Orin and Reiuji? Awesome.
>> No. 57642
[x] "The name's Snake. I'm trying to escape this damn place."
>> No. 57644
[x] Drop the sword. These people look friendly and unarmed, if somewhat stupid; you want their help and don't want to agitate them.
[x] "The name's Snake. I'm a time-traveling dragon hunter & erstwhile soldier from the Outside."
[x] "I was wearing that horn because I just busted out of Hell--all because I spurned that bureaucratic Yama. I need to reach the surface to avenge my death, rescue my Tengu girlfriend, and repair the Border. Can either of you aid me on my mission?"

Snake, say hello to your new groupies.
>> No. 57649
[x] Drop the sword. These people look friendly and unarmed, if somewhat stupid; you want their help and don't want to agitate them.
[x] "The name's Snake. I'm a time-traveling dragon hunter & erstwhile soldier from the Outside."
[x] "I was wearing that horn because I just busted out of Hell--all because I spurned that bureaucratic Yama. I need to reach the surface to avenge my death, rescue my Tengu girlfriend, and repair the Border. Can either of you aid me on my mission?"
>> No. 57650
>>57634 Here. Changing vote because I can't delete it.

[x] Drop the sword. These people look friendly and unarmed, if somewhat stupid; you want their help and don't want to agitate them.
[x] "The name's Snake. I'm a time-traveling dragon hunter & erstwhile soldier from the Outside."
[x] "I was wearing that horn because I just busted out of Hell--all because I spurned that bureaucratic Yama. I need to reach the surface to avenge my death, rescue my Tengu girlfriend, and repair the Border. Can either of you aid me on my mission?"
>> No. 57651
[z] Drop the sword. These people look friendly and unarmed, if somewhat stupid; you want their help and don't want to agitate them.
[z] "The name's Snake. I'm a time-traveling dragon hunter & erstwhile soldier from the Outside."
[z] "I was wearing that horn because I just busted out of Hell--all because I spurned that bureaucratic Yama. I need to reach the surface to avenge my death, rescue my Tengu girlfriend, and repair the Border. Can either of you aid me on my mission?"

Hell escapan gaems.
>> No. 57652
[x] Drop the sword. These people look friendly and unarmed, if somewhat stupid; you want their help and don't want to agitate them.
[x] "The name's Snake. I'm a time-traveling dragon hunter & erstwhile soldier from the Outside."
[x] "I was wearing that horn because I just busted out of Hell--all because I spurned that bureaucratic Yama. I need to reach the surface to avenge my death, rescue my Tengu girlfriend, and repair the Border. Can either of you aid me on my mission?"
>> No. 57655
"Hell really wasn't my thing, so I broke out. I've got a lot of important stuff to do, so I didn't have time to sit around and be tortured. Any of you guys know a way out of this place?" You look around again, looking for any manner of safe passage, though you find nothing. They seem harmless enough, so you put the sword away.
"Well, yeah. But you gotta know how to fly." The black-haired one acts as if you'd asked the stupidest question in the world. "Can't you fly?"
"Nope. Can't say I do. Would either of you two fine young ladies mind giving me a lift?"
"Sure, why not?" The black haired one grabs you without hesitation, flying you straight across the boiling river of molten rock. You manage to safely cross to the other side with her help, and the two of them set down right next to you.
"So how far down is this place?" You should try to get a bearing on your current location.
"I dunno, pretty far. What do you think Rin?" The dark-haired girl turns to the redhead for guidance. You take not of her name.
"Probably a good few miles. I'm not sure myself, but you're pretty far down." They're not going to be a lot of help.
You search your new location, finding a pathway just ahead. It leads to a cave, dug out from an alcove jutting over the lake. This could be tricky. You start towards it, but you feel a tug on your belt.
"We're coming too." Rin has a firm grip on the rear of your pants.
"Yeah! We heard noises!" The other one points upward, "From there."
"I won't stop you." You might need their help again, if you come to another obstacle like this one. "I'm Snake, a dragon hunter." Might as well give them something to call you, too.
"Rin."
"Utsuho!" The black-haired one finally has a name. "But Kuu is fine!"
"Alright, then. I'll let you guys lead." You hope you won't regret it. They probably know the area better than you.
You follow the two up to the cliff and the cave, and head towards the next area.
"It's dark!" The one calling herself Kuu shudders. Something on her back you could only describe as wings flutter with the movement of her body.
"I know that! You live here, get used to it!" Rin taps her on the head, lightly.
"Oooooh-!" It looks like you've come to an impasse, Utsuho can't fit her wings through a narrow bit of the cave.
"Hey, you!" Rin calls to you from the front. "Grab her legs and push!"
"Alright.." You hope it won't hurt. You push her forward as Rin pulls on her arms. The two topple over as Utsuho becomes dislodged. You step out quietly into another dark room.
"..The hell is this place?" It looks man-made. The floor is carved stone, and it's so dark that you can't see the ceiling.
"Part of the Earth Spirit Palace." Rin pushes Utsuho off her. "Our home."
"You live here?" What are they, crazy? How could anything at all live in this place?
"Yep! Pretty cool, huh?" Utsuho smiles proudly.
"No, actually, it's freakin' hot." Even with no shirt, you're burning up. At least you're out of the lava. "Where's the exit?"
"This way!" Rin waves you onward as she runs into the darkness. "No, wait." She stops, turning in another direction. "This way!"
You wish she'd make up her mind. Hopefully, she won't get you more lost than you already are.
*zzzzzzzz-be-zzzzzzzzzzz-a-zzzzzzzzzzz-be-zzzzzzzzzzz-way-zzzzzz*
It's slowly becoming clearer. You can make out several voices, this time, though you don't know who it is. You press forward, hoping to hear something clearer as you reach the surface.
*That wasn't at all difficult, now was it?*
As if by way of a miracle, the device works perfectly. You're certain that was Yukari just now. You follow Rin and Utsuho forward, listening to see if you can hear more.
*How cruel~ And here I thought we were friends~*
She's holding a conversation with somebody, though it's certainly not you.
"Hold it." Rin whispers, kneeling down to one knee. "I hear something."
"Hear what?" Utsuho is at a complete loss.
*At least find the one responsible before you do.*
"There it is again!"
Somehow, you get the feeling the two could be related.
"I'm picking up a transmission in my radio. Could that be what you're hearing?"
"No, it's coming from the other direction." Rin places her head against the floor, listening for something with those strange cat-like ears on her head. "That way." She points straight ahead, into the darkness.
"Is it Sacchii?" Utsuho asks nervously.
*Fine, fine, I'll buy you some drinks when you get back! Now will you please-*
The transmission suddenly stops.
>> No. 57662
>>57655

[x] Follow Rin and Utsuho.
>> No. 57664
[x] Follow Rin and Utsuho.
>> No. 57666
[x] Follow Rin and Utsuho.

I got nothing.
>> No. 57671
[X] Follow Rin and Utsuho.
>> No. 57675
[x] Follow Rin and Utsuho.
>> No. 57706
You're worried. Something's not right. Why did the transmission just stop like that? With Rin listening to God-knows-what with her ear on the ground, and Utsuho half in a panic, you seem to have been put on the spot. You wait, staring off into the darkness and hoping nothing comes out of it.
*You what?! Well, don't just stand there! Go get 'em!*
The transmissions begin anew, though you're certain Yukari's got somebody on the other line. You can't seem to pick anything up on your end, though.
"Shhh!" Rin orders complete silence as she concentrates on whatever she's hearing.
Strange, you could swear you've been hearing footsteps for the past few minutes. They're coming from the direction Rin pointed to earlier.
"This is bad, guys." Utsuho's eyes widen. "I gotta get out of here!" She makes an attempt to fly away, though Rin catches her ankle as she leaves the ground.
"Cool it, Kuu." She pulls Utsuho back to the ground. "We stick together."
"Well we can stick together somewhere else! I don't like this! We gotta get out of here!" Her eyes widen as the footsteps draw closer. You can hear a whispering voice now, though you can't make out the words they're speaking.
"Fine. I'll try to hold them off. You two make for the exit!" Rin points into the room.
"B-But!"
"She's right. If they're hostile, we need to get going." You grab Utsuho by the wings on her back, turning to Rin as you head into the room. "Good luck, don't get yourself killed."
"Me? Hah!" She laughs, disappearing in a cloud of smoke as you work your way through the darkness.
"Hey! Lemme go!" Utsuho struggles to free herself, though you let go willingly. She shakes her wings, brushing herself off and turning to face the way you came.
"How do we get out?" You pat her once on the back, drawing her attention back to you.
"We can't just leave her there!" She whispers, though in this silent darkness it seems like a shout.
"She told us to go ahead. We should respect that and keep moving." Why is is so dark in here?
*Are you sure? Well don't just stand around, do something!*
"Jeez, will you shut up for one second?!"
That was from inside the room! You're certain of it!
Utsuho's eyes go wide in terror, hearing the voice as well. "What the hell was that?!"
"Nothing good, c'mon." You push her forward, following her as she runs through the room. Hopefully, you can put a little distance between you and the owner of that voice.
*Well, pick one!*
Yukari continues to give instructions through the radio. You're fairly certain it's linked to the other person in the room.
BOOOM!
An explosion from the far side sends a wave of light throughout the entire room. You stop in your tracks, turning to face the source. More of those red lights, fanning out in a circular pattern. It reminds you of fireworks back home. As you watch, another explosion rocks the room. This time, blueish-white lights fan out in a very similar pattern.
"Rin.." Utsuho rushes past you, staring at the explosions with a worrisome expression.
Suddenly, she grabs you by the hand.
"We're leaving."
She half-drags you through the room, leading you through the darkness by pulling on your arm. Eventually, you reach the other side, though you're faced with a bare stone wall.
"Where is it? I'm sure this was right!" She scans the darkness an a third explosion erupts. You're probably far away enough to avoid any crossfire, but you can't see the exit anywhere!
>> No. 57720
[x] Turn back, find and rescue Rin.

No Touhou gets left behind.
>> No. 57723
[x] Look for something unusual.
didn't we have youkai nightsight?
>> No. 57724
[x] Look for something unusual.
>> No. 57725
[x] Look for something unusual.
>> No. 57726
[x] Look for something unusual.
>> No. 57727
[z] Look for something unusual.

Examinin gaems.
>> No. 57735
Sitting around is gonna get you nowhere, fast. You decide to have a look around. As long as those explosions keep popping up, you're safe. Hopefully, Rin can keep the mystery villain at bay long enough for you to find it. You stay close to the wall, searching for any sign of a way out.
*zzzzz-tha-zzzzzz-jus-zzzzzzzz-fu-zzzz-gre-zzzzzzzzzzzzzz-do-zzzzzz*
The radio transmits another signal. You hope it's your group. If they're transmitting, that means they're not dead.
"Ah! Over here!" Utsuho seems to have found something. She pulls you forward, into a small hollow knocked out of the stone wall by some ancient disaster. It leads to a cave, and your ticket out.
*Running away?! What do you mean running away?!*
Yukari sends a frantic message. Why is it you can hear her voice so clearly, but the other signals you receive are a jumbled mess? You follow the tunnel almost blindly, seeking to put as much distance between you and your attacker. Are they after you, or are they after something else?
The tunnel walls begin to glow with a bright yellow light coming from just up ahead. Oh great, another lava chamber. You stand at the edge of a rocky outcropping. Looking down, you see the river of magma you crossed only hours ago. You're probably a good half mile above it, now.
"Take my hand!" Utsuho yells, her voice echoing off the rocky walls. "It's not much farther!"
You obey, grabbing her hand firmly and allowing her to carry you over the ravine. Ahead, you see a split in the ravine walls, and the flows beneath branch out into two directions. Utsuho begins to ascend, staying close to the jagged edges of the ravine. Above, you see a carved stone bridge--a sign of what may be human life. She floats over it, and drops you onto it's surface.
No human could possibly live here, so why the bridge? In one direction lies what could only be described as an ocean of magma, and to the other, you see a towering domed cathedral.
"That's the Earth Palace." Utsuho points to the structure bathed in orange-red light. "The way out's this way." She points to the lake of lava. Why's it always gotta be the hard way?
*Don't tell me..* A pause, *They're headed to the surface! You have to stop them!*
You're absolutely positive now. She's definitely talking about you. No time to lose now. If Yukari's got anything to do with your being down here, running into one of her cronies isn't a good idea. You grab Utsuho's hand and run for the shores ahead.
"How do we get across?" You have to yell. The deep rumbling in this place drown out all but your loudest voice.
"We have to fly!"
"I can't fly!"
"Then try! I can't carry you that far!" She's determined to have you do this on your own. The orange glow reflected in her eyes only serves to reinforce her stern expression.
You did try! You'd failed the last time you gave it a go, why should now be any different? But you have to try. If you can't do it now, you might as well go straight back to hell. Utsuho gives you an impatient glare. It's now or never.
You try to clear your thoughts, drowning out everything but your own power. How did it work again? Was it weightlessness? Is that really it? You think there might be something more to it, but you try anyway. You feel the tension let loose in your legs. You're floating! How the hell did you manage to pull that one off?
"That's a start, now get moving!" She grabs you by the hand, throwing you over the red-orange ocean. You don't fall, but you slow to a stop in little time.
That's what it was! You need some sort of propulsion! Maybe if you try to concentrate your power to your feet..
No, no!! You're falling! Reverse! Reverse!
You steady yourself. That didn't work at all. You try all manner of approaches, from shooting things from your hands, to flapping your arms and legs. Nothing seems to be working! You're doing everything you can, but your body just. Won't. Move. Forward!
You're moving, although very slowly. Was it something you thought? Maybe, if you think 'GO!', your body will move.
It worked! You can't believe what you're seeing. You're flying! Now, to catch up to Utsuho. She seems to have slowed down enough for you to get closer. You catch up, following her to whatever she's leading you toward. This place really is Hell. Fire and lava all around, and not a way out in sight.
"They've already gotten this far?" Utsuho stops completely, staring at something back the way you came. "Rin, you slacker!"
She grabs you by the arm, tossing you ahead.
"Straight that way! I'll take care of this one!" She heads in the opposite direction, towards your attacker.
>> No. 57736
[x] Keep moving.
[x] Attempt to contact Yukari.
>> No. 57740
>*Running away?! What do you mean running away?!*

She's talking about us. The people we're running away from is the retrieval team.

[x] Prepare your IMAGINATION bullets, and head back. She can't handle this alone.
[x] Attempt to contact Yukari.
>> No. 57741
[x] Prepare your IMAGINATION bullets, and head back. She can't handle this alone.
[x] Attempt to contact Yukari.
>> No. 57742
[z] Prepare your IMAGINATION bullets, and head back. She can't handle this alone.
[z] Attempt to contact Yukari.

Okuu helpin gaems.
>> No. 57743
[x] Prepare your IMAGINATION bullets, and head back. She can't handle this alone.
[x] Attempt to contact Yukari.
>> No. 57763
[X] Prepare your IMAGINATION bullets, and head back. She can't handle this alone.
[X] DON'T attempt to contact Yukari.

Why exactly does trying to contact someone who has apparently double-crossed you seem like a good idea, again?

If you've got a way to intercept the enemy's communications, tipping them off to that fact is the worst possible thing you can do.
>> No. 57764
>>57763
>Why exactly does trying to contact someone who has apparently double-crossed you seem like a good idea, again?

Double-crossed? What?
>> No. 57765
>>57764
>*Don't tell me..* A pause, *They're headed to the surface! You have to stop them!*

She's trying to stop us from escaping. I'd say that counts as a betrayal.

[X] Prepare your IMAGINATION bullets, and head back. She can't handle this alone.
[X] DON'T attempt to contact Yukari.
>> No. 57766
>>57764
Did I miss something, or was Yukari supposedly on our side before we found ourselves mysteriously dying in our sleep?

Yet now, as we're trying to escape Hell and get back to the surface, she appears to be ordering someone to pursue and stop us from doing so, and judging from the light show behind us, they're probably not exactly friendly.

I somehow doubt she's doing that the help us, here.
>> No. 57767
Well, there goes your guide. Bet she didn't think that you'd be completely fucked without her. You need to go back and get her, no matter the cost. But first, you should see if you can find out what in the bleeding hell is going on. Can you force your way into the frequency? Time to find out, you guess.
"Yukari? This is Snake." You head after Utsuho as you try to raise her.
*Snake?! What the- Where are you?!* She seems completely surprised. *You're supposed to be-*
"Dead? I know, it's shocking." Sarcasm flows freely from your words. Does she have a hand in this?
*Dead?! No, no! You'd just disappeared is what I heard from the bat! Where are you?*
"In Hell, repenting." If she doesn't know you're here, than maybe.. "Can you do something about your attack dog?"
*Atta- Wait, you're in Hell?! How'd you manage to pull that one?* Shouldn't it be obvious? She may be too shocked or sleepy to think straight.
"I'll talk about it later." You need to stop the attack, and quickly. "You were talking to somebody down here. They've been chasing us. Call them off." They're about to beat the living daylights out of your guide. You can't have that happen.
*It was YOU?!* Really, how unobservant can she get? What happened to those gaps she'd use to sneak peeks in on you and your conversations? *One moment, please~*
A pause, followed by, *We've got company~ Hold your fire~~*
Didn't you tell her to make them stop? Never mind, a lull in the shooting is all you can ask for at the moment. You can see them just up ahead. Wait, isn't that..
It is! It's Reimu! If she's here, than wouldn't that mean she's died and gone to hell too? You have your doubts, though the fact that she's here is of some significance. You get close enough to hear the two speak. At this altitude, the rumbling from below poses little interference.
"Ultimate power?" Reimu seems less than thrilled. "So I'm to believe you're the cause of all this?"
Utsuho sees you. She gives you a subtle wink and a wave, though Reimu doesn't seem to notice.
"If you feel it first-hand then you'll know, right?" Utsuho snaps her fingers, a tiny flicker of white-hot light sparks and dies away in her hands. "It's a lot different than your average microwave, I can assure you. The power I hold is that of the sun itself!"
"Pretentious little brat." Youmu scoffs, "The last one was no different--all talk. It'll be a cold day in Hell when I lose to some bottom-feeder youkai like you."
Now's your chance. If you can stop the fight before it starts..
"You know." Reimu spins around as you speak up, her mouth agape. "It's a little chilly down here." You note the shock on her face. She truly didn't expect the other person she was chasing to be you. "Did I interrupt something?"
"Wha- Wh- How-" She doesn't know what to say.
*I tried to tell you, we had company.*
"B-But- HIM?!" She throws her arms out, still disbelieving the fact that you're floating right in front of her. "You could've said so!!"
*I~ tried~*
Utsuho crosses her arms arrogantly. "Ha, HA!" Her lips curl into a twisted grin. "My secret weapon returns!"
"Secret weapon?" Reimu tires to focus her attention on the both of you. "This guy?!" She turns her head back to you. "What the hell are you doing here?!"
"Ha, good one!" You laugh, though you know she didn't make that stupid pun intentionally. "I'm dead, I think. I'm currently repenting for a hundred some-odd lifetimes." You're beginning to question even yourself being dead. Yukari said you disappeared?
"Hahaha!" Utsuho floats over, slapping you on the back. "The escapee still thinks he's repenting!"
"Escapee?" Reimu closes in on you. "Did you really..?"
"Nothing will keep me away from my Love. The fires of Hell are no more than a mere hindrance!" You permit yourself to joke, though the thought behind it is no less than serious. You've gotta get back to the others, and Aya. She's got to be worried sick by now.
"So, let me get this straight.." Reimu presses her fingers against her forehead. "You think you've died, been sent to Hell for your crimes, escaped from Hell, and grouped up with Gensokyo's Most Wanted.. All for the sake of love?" She chuckles. "Marisa would fall head-over-heels for this guy.."
"That's not all." You tell her how you'd talked one of the Oni into setting you free, how you'd refused Shiki's offer, and the fact that you'd busted out in such a short time. Reimu stands rigid in further disbelief.
"That's gotta be a world record, Snake!" Utsuho slaps you again as she turns her attention back to the mildly blackened shrine maiden. "But getting down business.. Should I blast you now, or should I do it later?"
"I think now is a good a time as any.." Reimu replies, brandishing the burned remains of what looks like a wooden stick.
Utsuho pushes you away. "Get outta here, Snake." She smiles, completely forgetting that she's your ticket out. "I wouldn't want you to get burned!"
>> No. 57768
[x] Uhh... Get out how?
>> No. 57770
[x] "Both of you, stop. Reimu, why do you want to fight with Okuu?"
>> No. 57772
[x] Ask Yukari if you can get gapped out of the blast radius.
>> No. 57774
>>57772
>"Pretentious little brat." Youmu scoffs, "The last one was no different--all talk. It'll be a cold day in Hell when I lose to some bottom-feeder youkai like you."

But what about Youmu? ;_;
>> No. 57776
[x] Interrupt this catfight by imagining a water hose. Drench them both.
>> No. 57778
>>57774
Youwho?
>> No. 57779
[x] Ask Yukari if you can get gapped out of the blast radius.

Let them sort this out, don't want SA to get interrupted.
>> No. 57781
>>57779
Yukari can't directly interfere this far down.

[+] "Which way is out?"
>> No. 57783
[x] Interrupt this catfight by imagining a water hose. Drench them both.
>> No. 57795
[x] Interrupt this catfight by imagining a water hose. Drench them both.
>> No. 57799
[x] Interrupt this catfight by imagining a water hose. Drench them both.
wet dress contest
>> No. 57814
>>57783
>>57795
>>57799

If water is fired from the gun at a similar velocity as pretty much everything else has been fired from it, won't you be basically blasting those two with a fire hose? Or worse, some sort of water cutter?

Then again, if you're imagining a water hose, what are the chances the gun will literally shoot a water hose at them?

Either way, I doubt they'd appreciate it very much. Assuming they aren't simply knocked unconscious and wind up plummeting down towards the liquid-hot magma, that is.
>> No. 57816
[+] "Which way is out?"

Didn't we lose all our weapons?
>> No. 57817
we don't have our gun down here, but we have acquired the power of danmaku
>> No. 57818
>>Didn't we lose all our weapons?

Feh. Details.
>> No. 57822
[x] Interrupt this catfight by imagining a torrent of lime green jello.
>> No. 57892
>>57816
>Didn't we lose all our weapons?

We can fire naval shells without the aid of the Nitori rifle. We don't need weapons.
>> No. 57894
[x] Interrupt this catfight by imagining a tentacle monster to molest them both.
>> No. 57901
>>57774
I meant Reimu. I was tired when I wrote it, and somehow got the two characters' names mixed up.

Also, writan.
>> No. 57902
You won't just leave like that, though. Somehow, you've got to stop the fighting and find a way out. It won't be an easy task, though. The two seem completely resolved to battle it out to the finish. You ready yourself to fire as Utsuho starts glowing with an intense white light.
But before she can fire, you let loose a torrent of water. You don't know how you did it, but it worked. It steams and evaporates as Utsuho takes the brunt of it, and a what's left spashes against Reimu's face and dress. As you cease fire, Utsuho flutters her wings like, well, a wet bird.
"What the..?" She glares at you, more surprised than angry. "Snake!!"
"Refreshing," Reimu seems to take it a little more lightly, calmly squeezing the ends of her dress dry. "Though it does little about this heat." She adds quietly, "I almost miss that annoying fairy.." She seems to talk to herself an awful lot.
"Great, now could you guys kill each other some other time?" You point behind you, towards what might be the way out. "If you haven't figured it out, I'm completely lost. One of you has to show me the way."
"Alright, I'll go!" Utsuho's mood pulls a reversal. Now, she seems more than happy to help you.
"Not so fast." Reimu grabs her by the shoulder, though she looks directly at you. "I'm going too. I can't allow my target escape, now that I've found her."
"Fine, by all means." You wave the two forward. By some miracle, you've gotten them to agree to postpone the fight.
You expected them to bicker a bit on the way, but they go at it almost immediately. They argue constantly all across the lava flow.
"Do you realize what you've done?" Reimu glares at Utsuho.
"My job. If I don't keep the fires lit, the ground will harden and crack!"
"Then don't heat it up so much!"
"Why don't you just get used to it?!"
"Why don't you stop using so much power?!"
"Hey guys, did I miss something?"
Rin taps you on the shoulder. She's a little beat up, but in otherwise perfect health. Maybe the two's bickering ahead allowed her to catch up.
"As you can see, nothing good." You're curious to find out what exactly Utsuho did to give Reimu such a bad attitude.
"Err, well..." Rin looks guilty, too. "I kinda made things worse, I guess. I don't really wanna talk about it."
"The less of this I hear, the better." You point to the two bickering just in front of you. You've unconsciously lagged behind, so you don't have to hear it all the way to the surface. You pick up on the important bits, but filter the rest out. From what you're hearing, a God from the mountains came down here and gave Utsuho some sort of incredible power. You don't catch the name of the God, though.
"There it is!" Rin points ahead to a small unlit portion of the cavern walls after a good ten minutes of uninterrupted flight. It looks like a cave or doorway of sorts, but you're still too far to catch any of the details.
Reimu and Utsuho go silent, stopping completely in mid-flight. The two turn to you, and Utsuho points to the far-off passageway.
"Up there leads into the underground city, where the lords of Hell used to live. It's mostly abandoned now, and if you follow straight ahead you'll find your way out."
Underground city? Maybe it's the same one you'd passed through once before. If that's the case, you'll be able to find your own way from here. They seem to be hinting that you go on ahead without them.
"Alright, I think I know the way." You grab Rin by the shoulders. "But I'd like to borrow this one for a little longer, in case I need some help."
"Fine by me." Rin shakes free from your grip with a smile. "I've never been past the bridge."
"I won't have to hold back if you're not around." Utsuho smiles widely, approving your decision as she waves you off.
As you float away, you can hear Reimu say, "As soon as they're out of sight, we begin. The usual spellcard rules. Fair?"
You don't hear Utsuho's response, and you find yourself standing at the foot of a large stone door in no time at all. Flying really is convenient.
The door raises automatically, revealing the snowy scenery of a familiar underground city. You step through with Rin at your back, and it shuts once you're several feet away. You begin the long trek to the surface.
>> No. 57903
Wait....shit....that's right. This one is supposed to take place during Subterranean Animism. So, it's just ReimuA then, Yukari isn't pulling a(nother) Xanatos Gambit here.

Damn, Wendy's wasn't founded until 1969....I got nothing

[X] "Think I met that Oni here...."
>> No. 57912
[X] "Think I met that Oni here...."
>> No. 57928
[X] "Think I met that Oni here...."
>> No. 57929
[X] "Think I met that Oni here...."
>> No. 57931
[X] "... here Oni that met I think."
>> No. 57949
File 12200297224.jpg - (155.19KB , 1020x1400 , Moonside.jpg ) [iqdb]
57949
>>57931

Welcome to Moons...oons...oons...oons...Comewel ot Soonmide.

.....

FUCKING FIRE HYDRANTS
>> No. 57957
It's cold. The sudden shift in temperature is welcome, though a little unexpected. With only a pair of pants and a broken stub of a sword, you probably won't last long in this kind of weather. Before you can move on, you need to find something to wear. Utsuho said the houses were mostly abandoned, right?
You start with the nearest residence, a blue-roofed shack like all the others. Breaking in is easy, since none of the doors seem to have locks. You don't find much--a bit of rotted food, two gold coins, and a piece of thin white cloth that could almost pass for a shirt. You take the cloth and coins before you move to the next one.
Jackpot! The next house is little better, though you do manage to find a real article of clothing. A heavy leather jacket, mostly brown with a little bit of green mixed in. You'll be able to manage with this. You tie it around yourself, keeping the thinner garment in case you need it, and step back outside.
"Are you sure that's okay?" Rin follows behind you as you press forward.
"Those houses were abandoned. I'm sure the residents won't be needing it."
She goes silent, following behind you with a sheepish look about her. You pass by the storage shed you took cover in a while back. You point it out to Rin.
"Remember how I was saying I got help from an Oni?"
"Yeah, why?" She sounds curious, though you don't turn back to see her reaction.
"I met her in that house, right there."
"So, you've been here before?"
"Yeah, though it seemed a lot more lively, and a little less.. snowy."
The snow makes it just that much harder to walk. You're starting to wish it wasn't there, or that you'd chosen a better time to escape from Hell. Wait, wasn't it summer when you were last here? Wasn't that Reimu you'd seen shooting above the town, too? And wasn't there some sort of party or something going on? Why would they choose an abandoned town for an event like-
You stop dead in your tracks, certain you saw movement just now. A dark figure crawling on the rooftops, probably following you. You grip the sword tightly in your hands, though you're certain it won't do much good against whatever manner of beast it is. You turn to Rin, but she's gone! Vanished, while you were concentrating on the shadows. Paw prints start where her footprints end.
Did that thing drag her off? No, couldn't be. You'd have heard it if that was the case. But you can't stop here. You have to keep moving.
As you continue forward, you're certain you see it following you from the rooftops, nothing more than a black shadow against the unlit walls of the cave.
*zzzzz-we-zzzzzz-mi-zzzzzz-ge-zzzzzzz-o-zzzzzz*
You're still picking up nothing. The static buzzing in your ear only serves to dull your senses. The thing on the roofs keeps its distance. As long as you can see it, you'll know when it's coming.
*zzz-yo-zzzzzz-ee-zzzzzz-a-zzzzzz-se-zzzzz-ya-zzzz*
As the transmission ends, you reach the outskirts of the village. The beast in the shadows doesn't follow you beyond the last building, instead turning and heading back the way you came. You breathe a sigh of relief, thankful you don't have to fight just yet. Ahead, you can see the wooden bridge, though it's buried under a half-foot of snow.
Now that you think of it, how can it possibly snow underground? You think of the possibilities as you reach the edge of the bridge. The woman you'd met previously doesn't seem to be around. You place one foot on the bridge, careful to keep quiet. You repeat with the other foot, and again and again, until you're about halfway across.
It's that green-eyed woman. She's climbing onto the bridge from below, and making it look easy. She must've heard you come across. After she jumps the railing and brushed the snow from her dress, she turns those brilliant green eyes to you.
"State your name and reason for passa-" She steps closer, eyeing you suspiciously. "What in the-"
"Can I pass?" You ask, careful not to provoke her in any way. She didn't seem too agreeable the last time you'd spoken.
"Yes, of course." She stands aside. Damn, that was easy.
"Thanks." You start forward, only to be blocked by her once again.
"If you don't mind my asking, what business would someone like yourself have with the overworld?" She's acting all wrong! What happened to that attitude problem of hers?
>> No. 57958
>snow
>abandoned village
>snow
>snow
>snow

SON OF A BITCH WE'VE BEEN THROWN INTO THE GOD DAMNED FUTURE AGAIN.
>> No. 57959
Nuclear winter.

[x] "What do you mean, someone like myself? I'm from the surface, and I need to get back to my friends."
>> No. 57960
[X] "What do you mean, someone like myself? I'm from the surface, and I need to get back to my friends."
[X] "Out of curiosity, how long has it been since we last saw each other?"

Must confirm current time.
>> No. 57961
[x] "What do you mean, someone like myself? I'm from the surface, and I need to get back to my friends."

underground got kira'd
>> No. 57962
[X] "What do you mean, someone like myself? I'm from the surface, and I need to get back to my friends."
[X] "Out of curiosity, how long has it been since we last saw each other?"

I doubt we hit a timeskip when we died since Reimu had just finished stage 3 last time we were here, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
>> No. 57963
[X] "What do you mean, someone like myself? I'm from the surface, and I need to get back to my friends."
[X] "Out of curiosity, how long has it been since we last saw each other?"
>> No. 57964
If that attitude problem of hers isn't going to serve as a hindrance, you might as well ask a few questions.
"I'm from the surface, and I need to get back to my friends. What do you mean, 'someone like me'?"
"You? A surface dweller?" She stifles a laugh, as if you'd told a joke.
Everything she says strikes you as odd. "Of course! I'm human!" Or, you were.
"Do you mock me?" She seems offended, though she hesitates to say anything more.
"No, I'm serious." You wonder if she remembers the time you'd last met.. "Do you remember me?"
"I'm afraid not." She smiles.
"Didn't a large group of people come through recently? I was with them."
"I can't quite recall, though there were a couple that were particularly aggressive." Her eyes grow wide, as if fearful. "Is it- Are you here because of them?"
"Sort of yes, sort of no." You did manage to meet one of them, though this woman said there were more. You want to know more about the others. "What did they look like?"
"I remember one clearly. A priestess, dressed in red." Obviously Reimu. You allow her to continue. "The other was.. Well, I'd say she was rather rude. She was dressed in black, and came through shortly after the priestess. I'm afraid I wasn't in the proper state of mind at the time, and can't remember much else."
"Hmm." You've met a few people fitting that description. A black outfit isn't going to be much help, though. You must've just missed her when you came through.
"How long ago was that?" The sudden change in weather poses more questions than anything else. You've met Reimu, so it couldn't have been too long since you'd last been here.
"Recently, I'd say. Probably no more than five or six days ago."
You'd figured as much. "I'd just met the priestess just a few minutes ago." You wonder how it took her several days to get to the point were you'd met up. You'd gotten out in less than a few hours.
"I see.. So she's still in there?"
"Yep, but not for much longer, I'd say." Utsuho seemed to be one of her targets. "You should be careful if she comes back this way."
"I will." She offers no word of thanks. "If you're going to the surface, be wary. I've heard nothing but terrible rumors as of late. Something about earthquakes.."
"Thanks for the warning." You decide not to follow her lead. "But before I leave, is there anything you can tell me? I mean, about myself. The truth is, I was human not too long ago."
"I find that hard to believe, with a power of that magnitude." She seems to understand that you're not joking or messing with her. "Though if I must.." She leans forward, smiling. The ambient light present in the cave seems to make her eyes glow. "Youkai.." Her voice is no more than a whisper. "Though I doubt you'd believe the full truth. Let us part ways here."
She takes a step back, and another, and another until she backs into the railing of the bridge. Without another word, she leaps over it into the ravine below. She'd come out of there, so it's probably fine that she go back the same way.
Well, you're a youkai now. Though you've seen several different types. She didn't give you any specifics, and you're not content with the general knowledge that you're no longer human. You follow the route you remember, all the way to the surface. The smooth hole Suwako drilled out of the collapsed rock has held firm, though you're unable to find Yamame's den. You're surprised you'd remembered which route to take, though she doesn't show up to give you a hand.
As you step through the cave's maw, you first notice how white everything has become. You're certain you haven't skipped a season, but it's definitely snowing outside. From what you can see, it seems to be snowing all across Gensokyo.
>> No. 57965
>it seems to be snowing all across Gensokyo.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 57966
[X] Head back to the mansion
>> No. 57967
[X] Attempt to contact Yukari, ask just what the hell is going on.

Aren't the Moriya Shrine and Aya's place closer? Why not check out one of those places while in the area, first?
>> No. 57969
[X] Attempt to contact Yukari, ask just what the hell is going on.

>Something about earthquakes..

TEEENSHIIIIII!

No, but seriously, what the hell.
>> No. 57970
[X] Attempt to contact Yukari, ask just what the hell is going on.
>> No. 57971
Being this soon after SA, is it possible Utsuho caused a nuclear fallout?

[X] Attempt to contact Yukari, ask just what the hell is going on.
>> No. 57972
[x] Attempt to contact Yukari, ask just what the hell is going on.
>> No. 57973
You need to decide where to go from here. Should you head back to the mansion? That might be your best bet. What about Aya's place? Finding out what happened is your primary concern, aside from regrouping with the others. They've got to be worried sick about you by now. What about Yukari? Does she know anything?
"I'm at the surface. What's wrong with the weather?"
*I'm trying to investigate that one myself. It started yesterday.*
"What about the others? How are they doing?"
*Well, they're all fine and dandy, but..*
"But what?"
"You there! Halt!" A woman's voice comes from behind, and something sharp pokes you in the back. How did she sneak up on you like that?
*You've got company~*
"I wasn't moving." You hold your hands up, frustrated that Yukari didn't say anything sooner.
"I will now place you under arrest for tre- Snake?" A hand on your shoulder spins you around. You don't resist.
"Momiji?" You're sure it's her. Who else has pure white hair and dog ears? You're glad it's somebody you know and not some poor sap with a weapon.
"Where's Aya?" She sheathes her weapon--a hefty curved blade. It must weigh a ton!
"We were separated not too long ago." You point off into the distance, unsure of the exact location of the mansion. "From what I was told, I'm supposed to be dead."
"And," The air distorts next to Momiji, as a wind kicking up snow and dead leaves reveals the figure of Komachi. "He's supposed to be in Hell, right about now. Souls of the damned can't hide above ground, Snake."
Your hand goes for the broken blade. There's no way you'll be able to fight her off if she tries to attack you with that scythe on her back.
"Hey, hey!" She holds her hands up in a gesture of surrender. She smiles, "I'm here to help."
"You? Help? Why?" It's not really her fault you wound up in this predicament, but shouldn't she at least tell her boss that you've escaped?
"Looks like I was acting on false information." She shrugs, lowering her hands. "Turns out you're not dead. Or, maybe you are. Funny thing is, the rest of you has gone missing."
"What?" From what you can understand, wouldn't that just mean somebody walked off with your corpse? That doesn't explain the wound on your chest from before.
"What, is right." She lays a hand on Momiji's shoulder. "Lots of weird things popping up lately. First you show up spouting all this talk about dragons, then you wind up dead... And now this freak snowstorm!" She seems a little more upset than she should be, considering none of it really affects her directly. "I mean, ain't it supposed to be summer? It's so freakin' cold!"
"I thought it strange, as well." Momiji adds, brushing Komachi's hand aside. "This weather is not normal."
"So since the boss doesn't know if you're dead or not, she's rescinded her conviction." Komachi grabs you by the shoulder. "I'm here on official orders and whatnot to let you know you're free to go."
"Wait.." She doesn't allow you to interrupt, continuing without hesitation.
"Now I don't know what you did, but I was sent to get you outta Hell. Can't incarcerate the living, or something like that. When I got there, you were long gone! What'd you do, bribe the ogres?"
"Uhh, I guess.." You'd simply asked, and Yuugi agreed to bust you out with no further questions.
"HAH! Good one!" She slaps you hard on the back. "No, really. What'd you do?"
"I said please. Look, does it really matter? I need to hook back up with my girlfriend and the others."
"Girlfriend?" Momiji seems concerned with just that part. "You mean, the half-ghost?"
"No, I don't. It's not important, right now. I need to get over there as soon as possible."
"Very well. Since it may directly concern Aya, I will accompany you." Momiji nods, affirming her own decision.
"Bad idea, kid." Komachi makes an attempt to stop her. "It might be a bit too much for you."
"It's too much for me, and I'm the one with the problems. She's fine." You'll need to explain the situation with Aya to her, eventually. Before you go, though, you need to know as much as possible about the situation at hand. "So what happens to me now?"
"Nothing much." Komachi's reply is almost instantaneous. "Somehow, you've been separated from your body, or something like that. I don't know what caused it, or why it happened, but that doesn't change facts. Right now, your physical body is out there without a soul, and I'm here to help you find it."
"Why do I get the feeling this is partially your fault?"
"It's not, really!" She tries to sound earnest, but you can't buy it just yet. "I don't have the power to do that. I can't rip the souls out of still-living humans."
"Though you're able to kill them, is that not true?" Momiji sounds an awful lot like Youmu. It's somewhat refreshing.
"Uhh, yeah." You notice her hesitation. "But it just makes more work! Why would I want to increase my own workload?"
"Alright, nevermind." You've heard enough of her excuses. "I remember being at the red mansion on the lake before all this happened."
"Right, we'll start there."
Komachi grabs the two of you by the neck. Her grip is firm, and you wince in pain. Suddenly, she drops you. You manage to land on your feet without much effort. You open your eyes to find yourself standing at the gates of the mansion.
"Pretty handy, huh?" Komachi smiles earnestly, as if what she'd just done didn't hurt a bit. You choose not to argue, instead pushing the heavy front door open and walking inside. The floor and the walls are torn, signs of a violent struggle. What happened here? You walk inside, hoping to find answers.
>> No. 57974
[X] "Anyone home?"
>> No. 57975
[X] "Anyone home?"
>> No. 57978
[X] Move deeper into the mansion.
[X] Stay on guard, move quietly.

Any other time, announcing your presence might be a good idea. Doing it when walking into a place where your last visit left you seemingly dead from a mysterious chest wound, and some sort of violent struggle occurred? MAYBE not such a good idea.

At least, not until you're sure whatever caused that damage is either not an enemy, or isn't around anymore.
>> No. 57987
[X] Move deeper into the mansion.
[X] Stay on guard, move quietly.

Vote deleted, >>57978 makes a good point.

In b4 our evil doppelganger is ravaging Aya and has ruined our reputation.
>> No. 57989
>>57987

Our other side from the bath with Aya has ejected us? Now that would be balls.
>> No. 57990
[X] Move deeper into the mansion.
[X] Stay on guard, move quietly.
>> No. 57998
We're moving without destination. Although the mansions should be "normal-size" now, we still shouldn't just randomly walk around it.

[X] Stay on guard, move quietly.
[X] Move towards the bedroom where you last slept, then check either of the sisters's chambers.
>> No. 57999
>>57998
If Komachi is tagging along, it shouldn't matter what size the mansion's interior is.a

Still, having some destination in mind isn't a bad idea, though there shouldn't be a problem with wandering aimlessly a little bit until we run into some sign of life.
>> No. 58000
[X] Stay on guard, move quietly.
[X] Move towards the bedroom where you last slept, then check either of the sisters's chambers.

oh god, that would suck if Snakes body hurt Aya
>> No. 58001
[X] Stay on guard, move quietly.
[X] Move towards the bedroom where you last slept, then check either of the sisters's chambers.
>> No. 58024
New thread~