[Return]
Archived Thread

File 12192389803.png - (257.24KB , 630x420 , 97145d89426689773d21a04d28219212.png ) [iqdb]
56246 No. 56246
"It’s a pleasure to meet you, Miss Lunasa, Miss Merlin." You try to smile pleasantly, a bit unsure as to how to act after Cirno's surprise introduction, but it is kind of nice. Lunasa smiles slightly, a nice change from her previously somber look, while Merlin seems to pout.

"Lunasa, why do they always talk to you first?" She complains, folding her arms.

"Hey, he's really nice, Merlin, trust me!" Cirno interjects cheerily, "C'mon, didn't you say you'd play with me today, 'cause you couldn't yesterday?"

"Oh! Yeah!" A smile brightens up the younger Prismriver's face once more as she moves past you, giggling. "I'll be back later, sis! I promised!" Suddenly, Cirno grabs her by the hand, and the two of them fly off.

Leaving you and Lunasa kind of standing there. You can't help but feel somewhat discarded as a minute of awkward silence ensues, as Lunasa looks just as uncomfortable as you do, standing in the doorway without the usual outgoing people. Damnit, Cirno. Looks like you're going to have to break the ice.


[ ] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"

[ ] "May I come in?"

[ ] "Aha. So, you have another sister? Where is she?"

[ ] "You do concerts, too?"

[ ] "How do you make your instruments float like that?"

[ ] "Why do you live in such a rundown place?"

>> No. 56247
[x] "Aha. So, you have another sister? Where is she?"
[x] "May I come in?"

The update is a lie.
>> No. 56248
Holy.


[x] "How do you make your instruments float like that?"
>> No. 56250
[X] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
[X] "May I come in?"

I... Have a thing for violins.
>> No. 56251
[X] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"

>I... Have a thing for violins.

So do I. Beautiful instrument.
>> No. 56253
[X] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"

For a moment there I had forgotten where we left off.
>> No. 56254
[X] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
>> No. 56255
[x] "How do you make your instruments float like that?"
>> No. 56256
[X] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
>> No. 56258
inb4 shitstorm and GM not updating
>> No. 56259
>inb4 GM not updating

In during, you mean.
>> No. 56262
[ ] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
[ ] "...How do you make your instruments float like that?"
>> No. 56264
No, this is impossible.

...

[ ] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
>> No. 56266
[x] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
[x] "May I come in?"
>> No. 56271
[ ] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
[ ] "...How do you make your instruments float like that?"
>> No. 56272
[x] "How do you make your instruments float like that?"
>> No. 56273
[x] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
[x] "May I come in?"
>> No. 56274
[x] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
>> No. 56275
[x] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
>> No. 56282
seven minutes
>> No. 56293
GM went to sleep several hours ago, but not before complaining about us being mostly awake at night. Well, it was my afternoon when she wrote that so I told her off.
>> No. 56294
>>56293

Is that you again, drunk YAF?
>> No. 56296
[x] "You're cute."
>> No. 56297
>>56293

But you VOTEPAD your own threads, so yea!
>> No. 56299
>>56294

No, I'm sober and just passing on the status report. Why?
>> No. 56303
>>56299

BACK TO WORK
>> No. 56318
>>56299
GET BACK TO WORK NIGGER
>> No. 56320
>>56318

I just updated, dumbass~
>> No. 56323
[X] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
>> No. 56325
>>56320
You always need a kick in the ass, even when you did nothing wrong.
I want to kick and hit you all the time.
>> No. 56330
>>56320

What about BKC?
>> No. 56341
[+] "So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?"
[+] "...How do you make your instruments float like that?"
>> No. 56359
>>56325

Kyan~!
>> No. 56559
File 121936200565.jpg - (52.41KB , 388x452 , 38771f197623fbc484c7797f7dab5536.jpg ) [iqdb]
56559
"... So, your music is very pretty. You play the violin?" You ask, quite unsure as you finally shatter the pervading silence left by the sudden departure of Cirno and Merlin. She blinks, looking at you almost surprised.

"Ah, yes. I do." As if on cue, the instrument being mentioned floats down. It looks to be high quality, and almost seems to shine as though new, although you doubt that's possible. The strings and wood are unidentifiable at first glance, but this being Gensokyo, it might not be made of a material found outside period. "I'm very fond of it; It's always in perfect tune, although I can change it if necessary for certain effects." Her face remains serious, however. "Oh. Ah. You'd probably like to come in, don't you? It must be a bit awkward standing there like that." She moves a bit to the side as though inviting you in; having no choice but to look like an idiot otherwise, you walk inside as bidded.

Admittedly, it looks a -bit- better on the inside, although antiquated, it seems somewhat less musty. It easily evokes images of a haunted mansion, however. You're fairly sure it hasn't had what most people would consider "Normal" occupants in a while. You're standing in a lobby evidently, and there are doors out on all sides and an ornate, railed wooden stairway headed up, although it looks a bit creaky and unstable. The wall paper is an aged dark blue.

"Do you know much about instruments?" Lunasa inquires as you look around.


[ ] "Admittedly, no."

[ ] "Kind of."

[ ] "Yes, I have an interest in them..."

----

[ ] Stay there.

[ ] See if you can look into the adjoining rooms.

[ ] Head to ____(Input).
>> No. 56560
[X] "Kind of."
[X] Stay there.
>> No. 56561
[X] "Kind of."
[X] Stay there.
>> No. 56565
[X] "Admittedly, no."
[X] Stay there.

Have we ever shown any sort of knowledge about instruments up to this point?
>> No. 56571
[x] "Kind of."
[x] See if you can look into the adjoining rooms.
>> No. 56572
[x] "Kind of. I'm told I play mean cowbell."
[x] Stay there.
>> No. 56582
>>56572

Hah.

[x] "Kind of. I'm told I play mean cowbell."
[x] Stay there.

>>56565

We're deciding that now.
>> No. 56586
File 121936625964.jpg - (21.51KB , 390x292 , Walken-Cowbell.jpg ) [iqdb]
56586
[X] "Kind of. I'm told I play mean cowbell."

I GOT A FEVER...
AND THE ONLY PRESCRIPTION...
IS MORE COWBELL!
>> No. 56588
[x] "Kind of. I'm told I play mean cowbell."
[x] Stay there.

Cannot resist this write-in
>> No. 56594
[x] "Kind of. I'm told I play a mean cowbell."
[x] (abstaining)

I GOTTA HAVE MORE COWBELL
>> No. 56596
[X] Stay here.
[X] "Ah yes, I've played the organ since I was 9, and I must say that i'm pretty proud of it."
[X] "If you know what I mean."
>> No. 56597
[x] "Admittedly, no."
[x] "Although my freestyling rap capabilities are often described as 'gangsta' and 'dope'"
[x] See if you can look into the adjoining rooms.
>> No. 56612
[x] "Kind of. I'm told I play mean cowbell."
[x] Stay there.
>> No. 57118
Something rare happened here.
>> No. 57124
[x] "Kind of. I'm told I play mean cowbell."
[x] Stay there.

Is it too late to get in on this?
>> No. 57128
[x] "Admittedly, no."
[x] "Although my freestyling rap capabilities are often described as 'gangsta' and 'dope'"
[x] See if you can look into the adjoining rooms.
>> No. 57157
>>57128

Updates, where?
>> No. 57174
>>57157
Monday, Empress' word.
>> No. 57181
Anon.
Why do you do that?
This makes GM very sad.
Now bad things are going to happen. I give you options that don't lead to death or humiliation...
Most of the time.
Why you do that?
>> No. 57182
>>57181
It's always good to show that you have a sense of humor when breaking the ice. You can always just say "But really, I took piano classes a while back." or somesuch track-back-oning.

Really now. Why so serious?
>> No. 57183
>>57181

Does this mean our last death is going to be non-lake-related and we're going to join the Prismrivers?
>> No. 57185
>>57182
>>57183

I will write on weekdays.
>> No. 57186
>>57183

The Primsriver are gonna drown us in the lake for that to happen.
>> No. 57189
>>57181

Lunasa has something against cowbells?
>> No. 57197
>>57189

I don't know, but I think Keine would feel offended.
>> No. 57199
>>57181
If you have to ask, you clearly haven't been paying attention. It's what they do.
>> No. 57214
>>57181
Lunatic mode is the best.
>> No. 57216
>>57214

Maybe when you don't have limited continues.
>> No. 57285
>>57181
This almost reads like something STF wrote.
>> No. 57337
>>57285
So, Anon will try to play on some instrumental, but because he can't...
Lunasa will exterminate his ringfinger??

FUCK NOOO!!!!!
GM! DON'T HURT MR ANON!
>> No. 57438
File 121972590868.jpg - (55.90KB , 432x288 , disgust.jpg ) [iqdb]
57438
>>57174
>>Monday
>>57185
>>Weekdays

>>08/08/25(Mon)21:45
>> No. 57449
>>57438

You can't have actually been expecting an update, right? I mean, that'd be like the peak of gullibility.
>> No. 57450
GM is the ultimate Troll, the king of all trolls.
A being between moot and Kira.
>> No. 57454
>A being between moot and Snacks.

Fix'd for you.

Kira is just a bitch, most of the time.
Punishing anything, even write-ins which he turns the protagonist into a babbling idiot.
>> No. 57460
>>57454
>Punishing anything, even write-ins which he turns the protagonist into a babbling idiot.

And yet his sadism is not half as
cringe-worthy as Teruyo's.
>> No. 57620
[x] "Kind of. I'm told I play mean cowbell."
[x] Stay there.

Just so I don't forget what I voted a month from now.
>> No. 57636
>>57454
WTF is this shit?
>> No. 57643
>>57636

Well, you know, there is that one when the party was at the (not so) abandoned house, someone turned the lights off and threated everyone. Thread 31 of MiG. A write-in to dialogue had won, but all you wrote was

>A stuttered reply escapes your lips, something about wondering who lived here. You think you also threw in a ‘please don’t kill me’ but you can’t quite remember.

After that, we were already flying at speed of light to meet Medicine.

Also, wtf is wrong with the archives, the text is all fucked up.
>> No. 57648
>>57643
I had pre-planned that for if there was a write in. The other choices had distinct outcomes as well. Not that you'll believe it.
>> No. 57660
Where exactly did this apparent notion that write-ins somehow cannot possibly yield ill consequences come from, anyway?

I mean, I can see the fun in bucking convention, rejecting the options given to you and substituting your own, but come on now. You honestly expect to have LESS of a chance screwing up with something you came up with on your own compared to a simple multiple choice? If anything, the chance of success should be far lower with a write-in. While multi-choice might have only one "correct" option for a situation, there aren't that many "wrong" options either, so even blindly guessing gives you halfway decent odds for success. A write-in, on the other hand, may allow for a greater variety of ways to succeed, but also has a potential for a near-infinite number of ways to royally screw the pooch.
>> No. 57665
>>>/sdm/4772
If you believe the post run Q&A session, the write-in was one of the most succesful parts.
>> No. 57668
>>57660

>screw the pooch

I'm sorry, all I got from your post was SHaG's Momizi.
>> No. 57669
The viability of write-ins depends on the writer really, but sometimes a shot in the dark is better than picking which foot you want to shoot yourself in.
>> No. 57670
>>57669
Unless instead of picking which foot you shoot yourself in, you wind up picking what you shoot yourself WITH instead.
If you're going to shoot yourself in the foot either way, better it be with a bullet than with a bazooka.
>> No. 57672
>>57670
Not necessarily. A bazooka would get you an instant Bad End and back X choices. A bullet would get you crawling for the next 12 updates.
>> No. 57673
>>57672
Actually, the bazooka could simply blast off your legs, leaving you to pathetically crawl along with your bleeding stumps dragging behind for a few more turns in a feeble attempt to make things right, and THEN Bad End you and send you back.

The bullet would leave you limping along until the endgame, when you finally notice that the wound has long since become infected and gangrenous and you fall over dead shortly afterward.

...though, I'm not really sure which describes which type of vote more, now. Damn analogies.
>> No. 57674
>>57673

Add some snow and you just described about half of MiG
>> No. 57775
>>57670>>57672>>57673>>57674

Screencap'd for truthiness.
>> No. 57784
Updating today around 2. Had a nasty cold. Let me clean up all of these tissues and then finish up coughing up a lung; I will get back to writefaggotry.
>> No. 57789
>>57784 LIAR!
>> No. 57790
File 121992412627.jpg - (91.93KB , 1024x768 , 1219279326436.jpg ) [iqdb]
57790
>>57784

Exzellent!
>> No. 57791
File 12199248418.jpg - (122.64KB , 850x626 , sample-11721ebdb3799233ebd491ab1ab07c45.jpg ) [iqdb]
57791
>>57784

Hooray!
>> No. 57812
>>57784
don't push yourself too much just for us
take it easy
>> No. 57828
>>57784

Yo GM, are you up for a PoFV or SWR game?
>> No. 57845
>>57828
After WUIG, perhaps tomorrow, I would enjoy that.
Going to take a break around 6, to warn you all in advance as requested.
Writing now.
>> No. 57846
File 121994761748.jpg - (274.48KB , 605x605 , 6063e5a9d4d30b24bba79587087193a0.jpg ) [iqdb]
57846
"Kind of. I'm told I play mean cowbell." You joke in an attempt to seem friendly, opting to stay where you are. No reason to go wandering around without an invitation. You hope she'll lighten up a bit; who couldn't laugh at that, after all?

Evidently, Lunasa.

"... I don't appreciate being made fun of." She replies in a bland tone, not even turning back to look at you. "Merlin will probably return soon. To your left, is the sitting room. It's been unused, but I'm sure it still works." You get the distinct impression she's not pleased with you. Well, you did kind of barge in out of nowhere as an unwanted guest, kind of. What was expected?


[ ] "I didn't mean it like that!"
[ ] "But I was serious! Look, just get a cowbell..."
[ ] "Lighten up, will you?"
[ ] Proceed to the waiting room as requested; No need to upset her any more.
>> No. 57847
[X] "I didn't mean it like that!"

Grumpy Lunasa
>> No. 57848
[x] "But I was serious! Look, just get a cowbell..."
>> No. 57849
[x] "But I was serious! Look, just get a cowbell..."
playing cowbell is just like cooking eggs
it looks simple, but the results are impressive
>> No. 57850
[x] "I didn't mean it like that!"
>> No. 57851
[x] "I didn't mean it like that!"
>> No. 57852
[x] "I didn't mean it like that!"
>> No. 57853
[X] "Lighten up, will you?"
>> No. 57854
[ ] "I didn't mean it like that!"
>> No. 57855
>>57845

Sure, then only two things left.
SWR or PoFV?
What time will you write WUIG tomorrow then? Untill 12:00 (board time) I probably won't be able to play with anyone.
>> No. 57859
[X] "I didn't mean it like that!"
>> No. 57861
File 121995471692.jpg - (228.62KB , 700x988 , 1afe73a5952e6ecf186bc17f37d6402c.jpg ) [iqdb]
57861
Err. Perhaps it didn't come out as intended? "I didn't mean it like that!" You protest in quick succession to her cold rebuff, "I'm sorry if you thought I was mocking you. It was just a joke, honest."

"Oh. Yes, if thought of like that." She seems a bit set aback for a moment, but is at least slightly pacified. "Ahem. Still. It's probably uncomfortable standing out here for you, isn't it?" She floats silently over to the left doorway, and you follow.

Within, is a similarly aged yet richly decorated room, set up around a parlor table with some still fairly comfy looking chairs set out around it. You're PRETTY sure there wouldn't be anything like spiders in there, but, hey. They're poltergeists, not humans, and looking at the upkeep, you're not sure what their standards there are.

What you do notice, however, is a girl with short brown hair, and attire similar to the other Prismrivers in red and green. On the top of her hat appears to be a green shooting star, and she seems to be sitting. Seems being the operative word, you're really not sure from this point of view. She doesn't seem to notice you both, and is looking intently at a winged keyboard under her fingers.


[ ] "Hello there!"
[ ] "Lunasa, mind introducing us?"
[ ] Take a seat quietly.
[ ] "There sure are alot of you."
[ ] "Allow me to assume you're Lunasa and Merlin's sister?"
[ ] "Do you ever clean this place?"
>> No. 57862
[X] Take a seat quietly.

Fuck yeah, I'm actually awake while GM is writing for once~
>> No. 57863
[x] Take a seat quietly
>> No. 57864
[X] "Allow me to assume you're Lunasa and Merlin's sister?"
>> No. 57866
[X] Take a seat quietly.
[X] Stare~.

Lyrica~
>> No. 57867
[x] "But I was serious! Look, just get a cowbell..."

We have one thing to teach the Prismrivers about music. One thing.

A ballad, a folk song, an opera, a symphony, a jazz orchestral, even fucking Guitar Hero—whatever it is, it needs. more. cowbell.

It's perfect. Perfect. Of course the Prismrivers don't understand. None of them are percussionists, and all of them are shut-ins. They know there is a missing element, but they fail because they think it's Layla, vocals, but it isn't. It's the cowbell.

The cymbal's evil third cousin. The dark ring that pounds in the back of your brain and lets you know, it's time to rock. The cowbell is an instrument that can't be overused. It should never be underused. Many great rock and roll songs are perfect because the cowbell is used just right.

So come, Anonymous. Take this dark, clanging demon and pound the essence of rock into their veins and leave the imprints of the dark master on their subconscious.
>> No. 57868
[X] Take a seat quietly.
>> No. 57871
>>57867
Slowpoke.jpg
>> No. 57872
>>57867

Lyrica plays keyboard, but I'm fairly certain she's considered the percussionist. At least, it's common to see her pictured with percussion instruments.
>> No. 57873
[x] Take a seat quietly.
>> No. 57874
[x] "Lunasa, mind introducing us?"
>> No. 57893
[ ] "There sure are alot of you."
[ ] "Do you ever clean this place?"

Anon, the annoying, arrogant and inconvenient.
>> No. 57899
[x] Take a seat quietly
>> No. 57926
[X] Take a seat quietly.

We tried being "witty" and attempting humor, and bombed. Miserably. Now is time for the "sit down and shut up" approach.
>> No. 57927
[x] Take a seat quietly
We're depressed after the failed joke.
I hope Lyrica doesn't also get mad at us.
>> No. 58684
>08/08/28
>> No. 58687
>>58684
>Gensokyo Man!!L3MGOyMGOz
>> No. 59030
[ ] Take a seat quietly.
>> No. 59049
File 122110997819.jpg - (7.00KB , 200x150 , Seymour.jpg ) [iqdb]
59049
[] Go to sleep quietly.
>> No. 66361
File 122594540949.jpg - (299.72KB , 768x1024 , 5a962d527ba6e78343ebc2c241640f67.jpg ) [iqdb]
66361
Goodbye...
>> No. 66371
>>66361
Anon, I thought I told you to stop playing with dead things.

Seriously. It's unhealthy.
>> No. 66372
>>66371

It's not dead! You shut your mouth.
>> No. 66375
>>66372
Look, matey, I know a dead CYOA when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.
>> No. 66377
File 122595762288.jpg - (60.28KB , 468x333 , dead-parrot.jpg ) [iqdb]
66377
>>66375
It's not dead, it's just sleepin'!

Yeah it's dead