[Return]
Archived thread

File 121814177121.jpg - (78.54KB , 509x679 , 1199448940273.jpg ) [iqdb]
54855 No. 54855
Thread 16?

[x] "I understand and would like to taste all your cooking; however, it's not proper to let the guests prepare the hosts' dinner."
[x] "Besides," Avert your gaze and bite your lip. "I'll say with a small amount of ego that I want to show you all my own cooking."
[x] "And if it doesn't taste too terrible, maybe you'll invite us over for dinner at your own residence sometime?"
[x] Whisper into Yuyu's ear: "What's Youmu's favorite food?"

The girls have gone back to their bickering, and you hold up your hands to get their attention.

"I understand you all want to cook, and I would love to try each of your favourites. However, you are guests here, it wouldn't be good hospitality to let you cook." you say, trying to stop the arguing all at once.

Each of the girls shows a little bit of disappointment, though Lunasa's quickly gives way to suspicion.

"What about you then?" she asks, giving you a look over.

"Well," you say, turning slightly to look back at Yuyuko and the fairies at the table. You idly chew at your lip, turning back to the three. "I'd like to cook myself. I have a little pride in my ability to cook as it were. I'd like to show you all my cooking. If it's not too bad, perhaps you could make good on your desire to cook and have us as guests at your home some time later."

Lyrica and Merlin seem pleased with this, but Lunasa still looks suspicious. She doesn't say anything though, she just sighs and shrugs.

"Alright then, sounds good enough. Besides, I'm curious as to what kind of meals the 'husband' of Yuyuko is capable of making." she says with a smirk. You noted the emphasis she put on your recently adopted role as well. The three girls head off to the counter with the teapot and go about pouring themselves some cups. You take the moment to slip over to Yuyuko.

"I was wondering," you say as you approach, kneeling next to her. "What's Youmu's favourite food?" you ask quietly

Yuyuko laughs a bit to herself before turning to look at you.

"You made her angry, didn't you?" she whispers back. "She really likes katsudon."

You nod in agreement and move to get up when Yuyuko tugs on your sleeve. You look back down at her.

"There's some spiced oil in the cabinet over the stove. Cook the pork in that as well."

You nod again and Yuyuko releases your sleeve. You head over to the stove. You're a bit thankful that the kitchen is mostly comprised of modern appliances, especially a fridge. How it manages to stay powered though, you're not sure. It works perfectly when you open it to search for ingredients though. You find the fridge to be practically overflowing with food, and likewise in several other cupboards and cabinets you find a great deal of dry provisions. You could probably make anything you could think of. First though, you pick out the ingredients needed for katsudon, finding the oil Yuyuko mentioned rather easily. It doesn't even register to you that you shouldn't know how to make it until after you've collected everything, and you realize that even in your limited possession of Youmu's body you must have gleaned some of her surface memories.

As useful as that is though, you wouldn't want to make only one dish. You should probably think of several other things you should cook. Another 2 should be good.

---

>> No. 54860
File 121814217422.jpg - (95.56KB , 592x487 , 1217288828630.jpg ) [iqdb]
54860
>>54855
>EZMode!iIyIHD.1G6
YES YES YES. THIS IS THE GREATEST WEEK EVER.
>> No. 54862
[x] Fuck side dishes, Let's make some homemade ice cream while Cirno's here.
>> No. 54865
[ ] Rice
[ ] Homemade icecream
[ ] grilled vegetable

nothing fancy
>> No. 54866
>>54860

lol?
>> No. 54869
>>54860
Do we get loli youmu h scene?
>> No. 54878
[X] Escargoth
[X] Frog legs
>> No. 54885
[x] Soup with Noodles and crackers!

Soup, Pasta, AND FINGERFOODS!
>> No. 54909
Every vote is a vote for something else.
>> No. 54911
>>54909
Clearly there is one option.

We will stop time and make them all!
>> No. 54912
[X] BBQ
>> No. 54913
[x] Hawaiian pizza
[x] Baclava

This stuff would be maddeningly exotic to any Gensokyan.

Yuyuko foreign food exposure GET
>> No. 54915
>>54913
>[x] Hawaiian pizza
>[x] Baclava
...but only if you can tell me where they would get the pineapple.
>> No. 54916
>>54915
A wizard Yukari did it.
>> No. 54921
>>54916
...Well, a deal's a deal.

[x] Hawaiian pizza
[x] Baclava
>> No. 54937
I'm doing something over the weekend, so I won't be updating. I'll probably get an update out later today, but that'll be it until Monday.
>> No. 54977
[x] Hawaiian pizza
[x] Baclava

For awesome.
>> No. 55001
>>54885
This, modified:
[+] Noodle soup with rice crackers, and assorted side dishes.
>> No. 55065
The fuck? It'd take way too knead the dough and to bake a fucking pizza and enough baklava, both of which need to be baked at way different temperatures.

[x] Noodle soup with rice crackers.
[x] Fried rice with egg.
[x] Jello. Because there's always room for Jello.
>> No. 55083
>>54862
>>54865
>>54878
>>54885
>>54912
>>54913
>>55065
Life and death cooking scene action.
>> No. 55123
I really like the foreign foods idea, but pizza's not gonna happen. Anyone think of some easier things that would be good?
>> No. 55142
File 121828955072.jpg - (49.00KB , 590x742 , Cirno Ice Cream.jpg ) [iqdb]
55142
[X]Cirno.
>> No. 55156
>>55142
Post uncensored in /at/, please.
>> No. 55204
>>55156
Posted. Sorry for the delay, I was busy trying to enjoy life.

Now let's see if I can do this right.
>>/h/1144
>> No. 55206
>>55204

And I failed miserably.
>> No. 55208
>>/at/1144
>> No. 55213
>>55206
At least you acknowledge your short comings.
>> No. 55245
>>55208

Oh yeah...I forogt our /h/ is /at/.

One can never facepalm more than now. Saging self.
>> No. 55479
I return, but no updates tonight. Tomorrow is questionable as well. At worst, Wednesday will see updates at dawn.
>> No. 55621
So, no updates, and I think I'm going to take a bit of a break. Take a week or two for myself and relax for a while.
>> No. 55642
>>55621

Thanks for at least letting us know you're leaving, and have yourself a restful vacation. You'll have at least one Anon welcoming you with open arms when you decide to get back into things.
>> No. 55643
>at least one Anon welcoming you

more than that
>> No. 55664
>>55643

At least one implies "One or more". I'm right either way.

Besides, I don't like speaking for others.
>> No. 55674
>>55642
you have my sword.
>> No. 55693
>>55642

So kind~
>> No. 55699
>>55621
I know your habits, EZMode, and I know you occasionally need a kick in the ass to keep you working on things. Don't drop this like you've dropped other things.
>> No. 55704
>>55699

Oh ho? Such as?
>> No. 55708
>>55704
Just keep on writing, don't stop it halfway.
>> No. 55710
Wait, shit.

Where'd we last leave the MacGuffin Sword?
>> No. 55713
>>55710
I think we left it at Hina's place.
>> No. 55739
>>55710
So, having not played any of the PC-98 games, what's so special about the Sword of Whoever?
>> No. 55741
>>55739

It's not part of the PC-98 games, it's Japanese mythology. Basically, it's a sword that does what Aya's fan can do, but better.
>> No. 55744
>>55741

So we have a sword that can suck dicks? Awesome!
>> No. 55746
>>55744

Disregard that. Didn't read the 'fan' after Aya.
>> No. 55753
>>55704

Wasn't this story in and of itself an attempt to see if you could keep up with it, as a way of bettering your bad habit of dropping things?

Or am I thinking of a different writefag?
>> No. 55771
>>55753

Maybe someone else. True I can tend to drift away from things and leave them half done, but that mostly pertains to games. I don't remember saying anything of the sort. I know Tetro said something to that effect, or I'm remembering something wrong.
>> No. 56057
Getting back to updating soon. Not like today soon, sometime in the next few days though.
>> No. 56058
>>56057

FFFFFFFFFF

And the wait continues. Whatever. I will always be her for you EZMode.
>> No. 56060
>I will always be her for you EZMode.
>be her for you
Disturbing typo.
>> No. 56062
>>56060

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Looks like I will have to be the little girl.
>> No. 56065
>>56058
Because Anon always wants to be a little girl at heart.
>> No. 56081
Anon waited for you, Mode.
>> No. 56094
>>56081

Well, so long as you wait until the day I say I'm coming back, then no harm done.
>> No. 56106
[x] Hawaiian pizza
[x] Baclava

Thinking on it a little, you remember two things that you wouldn't imagine to have a lot of exposure to the people of Gensokyo, Baklava, and Hawaiian Pizza. You imagine that foreign foodstuffs would go quite well with the gathered audience, and Yuyuko herself would very likely enjoy something a little exotic. With that in mind, you set about gathering up the required ingredients to make your meal.

***

You stand ready over your completed meal. Katsudon, Hawaiian pizza and Baklava for dessert. You also made some additional rice just to be safe, and all the while, no one has come over to interfere with your cooking, though there have been seeral loud statements of hunger. You find it a little odd that Youmu hasn't come along yet, but perhaps that's for the better, since when she does arrive she gets to have her favourite meal. In any case, it's time to serve.

"Food's ready!" you call, picking up the large tray you set everything on and carry it over to the table. As you set it down, nearly everyone's eyes fall onto the pizza at once. Yuyuko eyes the pizza hungrily and leans forward, reaching for a slice with chopsticks while everyone else simply watches, seemingly unsure about the dish in front of them.

"Ah, actually," you start, breaking Yuyuko's focus abruptly enough that she looks slightly confused. You pick up a slice with your hand and hold it up. "You eat it with your hands, it's easier." Yuyuko blinks a few times before smiling, setting aside her chopsticks, she picks up a slice, turning it around in her hands to look at it.

"What is this?" she asks, holding it up to her nose to smell it. "It smells wonderful!" She looks over at you as you take a bite from the slice, and she mimics you, then her face lights up. "'s good!" she exclaims, causing everyone else to reach for a slice eagerly. You had made the pizza fairly large, so all together the combined group only takes half the pizza, though from the resounding sounds of appreciation, you're sure it'll all be gone soon enough, you only hope that-

"Youmu! Youmu! You absolutely have to try this!" Yuyuko cries out, floating over the table towards the door. You turn to see Youmu standing there in the green robe she had been wearing before, looking a little curious as Yuyuko floats up to her and practically pushes the half eaten slice of pizza into her face. "Try it! It's so delicious I think I might die!"

"That would be something, Lady Yuyuko." she says, looking down at the slice. Yuyuko holds the slice up to her mouth and makes biting motions.

"Like this!" she says, extending the slice to Youmu. She takes it from Yuyuko and looks it over as well before taking a small cautious bite. You see it in her eyes, the small flicker of surprise as she looks up at Yuyuko, who is clapping her hands softly and smiling. "Isn't it great? Kenshiro made it!"

Youmu looks away from Yuyuko towards you, with a little bit of disbelief in her expression. She looks back at Yuyuko.

"That's surprising. This must be cuisine from the outside." she says, handing the slice back to Yuyuko. As she does, Yuyuko grabs her by the wrists and practically drags her to the table, where she pushes her towards an empty spot next to you before taking her own seat. Youmu looks down at you, shuffles over a little bit and takes a seat, leaving a gap between the two of you. That's when she sees the meal in total. "Did you make all of this?" she asks, looking towards you with a little suspicion. You reply with a nod. She turns back to the platter and spots the katsudon, and you think you detect a hint of surprise.

"I heard you liked it, so I made it for you." you say with a smile "Consider it an apology." Youmu looks towards you, her surprised face turning a little red. She turns back to the table and adopts a rather half-hearted stoic expression as she reaches forward to take her share, trying to hide her enthusiasm for the meal. As she does so, Yuyuko pours some ready tea into a cup and pushes it towards Youmu. As she eats the rice, you see the same reaction in her face that Yuyuko had to the pizza, even if she doesn't voice it. You watch Youmu as she eats, still trying to maintain her appearance as calm and collected even as she hastily wolfs down her beloved meal. You spot Yuyuko looking towards you with a smile as well.

***

The meal ended, with everyone having eaten the majority of the food. There's no pizza left, having been the first thing to be finished, and the baklava went soon after when everyone had found out how good it was from Yuyuko again. Really, all that remained was some of the katsudon that had been made, as Yuyuko had specifically requested some be left for Youmu to have again later. Among the idle chatter post-meal are several compliments on your cooking, until Yuyuko circles around the table and slides into the space between you and Youmu.

"That one sliced food was amazing!" she says, practically smiling from ear to ear. "What is it called?"

"It's called pizza. Specifically, Hawaiian pizza, due to the toppings used." you explain. Yuyuko looks lost in thought for a second.

"So, are there more kinds of pizza?" she asks. You nod.

"There's so many kinds of pizza, you can put pretty much anything on it. Different kinds of cheese, pepperoni, ham, sausage, bacon, chicken-"

"Chicken!" Yuyuko gasps, looking like she's lost in a daydream, hands clasped together at her chest.

"You can also put vegetables on it, different kinds of sauces as well. It's pretty versatile."

Yuyuko clamps both her hands down on your arm, giving you a dead serious look.

"You absolutely have to make more." she declares rather forcefully.

"You're still hungry?" you ask, a little bewildered. Yuyuko releases her grip and shakes her hands.

"No no, not right now, but some other time. I'm quite full for now." she says with a smile. "You're a pretty wonderful cook."

"I have to agree." Youmu says, startling both of you. "I didn't think you had what it took to make a decent meal, but you surprised me with that katsudon." she says, turning slightly to give you a slight bow. "I-I apologize for being so aggressive towards you. I can see now that I was acting on my emotions rather than reason, so I'm sorry for how I treated you."

That was rather surprising. You're not sure if Youmu's apologizing now because of the food you made her, or if it's because she came to the realization on her own and decided it would be for the best. You wonder how to reply to her, or if you should just silently accept her apology.

---

Skipped cooking details because I'd rather not write paragraphs at a time about cooking things I haven't made personally.
>> No. 56107
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.
>> No. 56108
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.
>> No. 56109
[X] Accept apologies.
[X] "It's alright"
[X] Hug everyone!
>> No. 56110
>>56106

[x] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56111
[x] Just nod silently.

>>56107
>>56108

You've got to be fucking kidding me.
>> No. 56113
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.

lol
>> No. 56114
[ ] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56115
[x] Just nod silently.

Gee, it sure is hurf durf around here!
>> No. 56116
[ ] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56117
[x] Just nod silently.

The hell?
>> No. 56118
[z] Just nod silently.

Silent head nodding gaems.
>> No. 56119
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.

:awesome: games
>> No. 56120
[x] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56121
[x] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56122
[x] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56123
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.

Votespamman' gaems
>> No. 56124
[x] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56125
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.

lol?
>> No. 56126
[x] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56127
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.

It's lol, right?
>> No. 56128
>>56127
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.

It's lol.
>> No. 56129
>>56107
>>56108
>>56113
>>56119
>>56123

Seems to me like there's some brain damaged folks out there today.
>> No. 56130
[X] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56131
>>56129

[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.
>> No. 56132
>>56129
>Seems to me like there's one brain damaged guy out there today.

Serious, if you make this choise win, i will stop reading.
>> No. 56133
>>56129

I hope to God that you wouldn't write this even if it won.
>> No. 56134
[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.

hurf durf
>> No. 56135
>>56134
Is that you YAF?
>> No. 56136
>>56135

[X] Don't accept apologies.
[X] "Fuck you bitch"
[X] Kill everyone.

Yes, it is.
>> No. 56137
>>56132

Just nod won to begin with, and as of this post it leads with 13 to 11. Even despite obvious votespamming. It's quite obvious that these retarded votes came from whichever Anons were creating troll write ins ever since this route began, so it's pretty easy to just ignore them.

>>56133

You're in a room with 4 ghosts, 2 fairies, and a girl with a sword that kills ghosts. I don't think I even have to state how ridiculous it is to consider Anon's ability to 'kill' anyone.
>> No. 56138
[x] Just nod silently.

I'm glad this is back.
>> No. 56141
[x] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56146
>>56137

Creator of most troll votes here. I do them for the lulz and because I'm always pretty sure they will never win.

But now I'm not so sure anymore...never expected someone to vote for it, even if it's spamming.
>> No. 56167
>>56146

You are a bad person.
>> No. 56169
>>56137
Please disregard the retard votes. All of them.
[x] Just nod silently.
>> No. 56174
>>56146
If you're going to make troll posts you can do better than something so obviously troll and shit.

Something classic like:

[ ] Throw Youmu at Yuyuko

would've done nicely or there's always posting an option from a neighbouring thread\board too.

Anyway:

[ ] "You shouldn't be worried about making an emotional response to something Youmu, it's natural so don't let it bother you."
>> No. 56179
>>56174

No, I like doing obvious troll shit.
>> No. 56183
>>56179

>No, I like failing to troll.

Dem's some awful bad typos ye got there.

[X] "You shouldn't be worried about making an emotional response to something Youmu, it's natural so don't let it bother you."
>> No. 56184
>>56183

Yeah, so?
>> No. 56185
[x] "You shouldn't be worried about making an emotional response to something Youmu, it's natural so don't let it bother you."

Late write-ins ftw.
>> No. 56187
>>56183

Updates, when?
>> No. 56188
>>56184

So you should've given up while you were ahead, for what it was worth. Stupid fagget.

>>56187

ah ya got meh
>> No. 56270
EZMode, what purpose does the Tsurugi serve? Also is it still with us or back at Hina's?
>> No. 56301
>>56270

We definitely left it at Hina's place. I think in one of her drawers.
>> No. 56326
[x] Just nod silently

You accept her apology with a simple nod. You can't really think of anything to say in reply since this is kind of sudden. With that done, Youmu excuses herself from the table and walks off with her dishes and it seems to trigger some kind of chain reaction of everyone leaving the table at once, carrying their dishes with them to the same counter as Youmu. Yuyuko goes as well, and you bring along the dishes used to serve the food.

Afterwards, everyone slowly scatters from the kitchen. Youmu heads off alone, Cirno and Lyrica head off in the direction of the rock garden, while Lunasa and Merlin head off towards the gardens outside with Daiyousei.

"I'll be heading to the library for a while." Yuyuko says, floating in front of you. "You can join me if you want."

Well, you could, but with so many other people around, you're kind of curious what everyone else would be up to. In your thoughts, you have a sudden realization. The sword you stole from Marisa was left at Hina's house. You're a bit worried about her finding it, you should probably go get that as soon as possible.

---

lol short update
>> No. 56327
>"I'll be heading to the library for a while." Yuyuko says, floating in front of you. "You can join me if you want."

[x] To the Library

Delicious Yuyu.
The Sword and Hina can wait for later.
>> No. 56328
[x] Stop by the library to tell Yuyuko that you will be heading out, but would love to spend some time with her after you get back, and then head off to Hina's house.

If everyone agrees that heading to Hina's house right now might be a safe and smart thing to do anyways.
>> No. 56329
[x] May as well wash the dishes. Someone has to.
[x] Stop by the library to tell Yuyuko that you will be heading out, but would love to spend some time with her after you get back, and then head off to Hina's house.
>> No. 56342
We have several guests here right now, so it might not be a good time to try to find Hina and that sword for a while. We should try to take this time to get more familiar with the guests anyway, particularly the Prismrivers since we don't know what their business is with Yuyuko right now, and they may leave soon enough. And Lunasa doesn't seem to trust us much, so we should try to get on her good side by talking to her.

[x] Follow Lunasa, Merlin, and Daiyousei to the outer gardens
>> No. 56344
[+] Stop by the library to tell Yuyuko that you will be heading out, but would love to spend some time with her after you get back, and then head off to Hina's house.
>> No. 56345
>>56342
>We have several guests here right now, so it might not be a good time to try to find Hina and that sword for a while.

That's exactly why we should use this opportunity while they're entertaining each other to tie up this loose end. Youmu still needs sulking time, Daiyousei and Cirno are socializing separately and with persons (probably) more mature than they are, and Yuyu's giving us some air.

Asking Youmu to lend us her expertise to comment on the sword--and possibly even show us the basics--seems too good an opportunity to just ignore.

Also, have we seen Myon lately?
>> No. 56349
>>56345

>Also, have we seen Myon lately?

No, because I endlessly forget that detail of Youmu and thus overlook Myon's existence when it comes to writing scenes. It's like a Wizards familiar in DnD, you always assume it's there and following.
>> No. 56351
[x] To the Library

YOU FOOLS

"You can join me if you want" is code for "OH KENSHIRO YOU CULINARY STALLION I NEED YOU NOW!"
>> No. 56352
[x] To the Library
>> No. 56353
[x] Stop by the library to tell Yuyuko that you will be heading out, but would love to spend some time with her after you get back, and then head off to Hina's house.
>> No. 56354
[X] To the Library
>> No. 56355
[X] To the Library

Stay on Target.
>> No. 56356
[X] To the Library
>> No. 56362
There are no "routes", how often does EZmode need to say this?

[x] Stop by the library to tell Yuyuko that you will be heading out, but would love to spend some time with her after you get back, and then head off to Hina's house.
>> No. 56500
[X] To the Library

>There are no "routes", how often does EZmode need to say this?

But it will go to the % to finish the route, Mode said that there is a romantic subquest too. And due that this part is on lunatic mode, we don't know what we need to accomplish here this time.

We seems to be on a good way to help Youmu out, getting close to Yuyuko and even got more people here.
The bond with her should be strengthened and her problems need to be unearthed. I am sure that beneath her happy and foolish surface are enough problems to be solved.
>> No. 56534
>There are no "routes", how often does EZmode need to say this?

Well, under normal circumstances the routes mostly consist of the characters lives and furthering their plans, with romantic subplots thrown in where believable or good pairs exist (AlicexPatchy, HinaxNitori, YoumuxMyo- er). That's only for your past circumstances, this overall has two modes: Celestial and Escape. Everything else is pretty much a Bad End or a Non-standard End. Due to current circumstances though, the rules are a little upended. Anyone is fair game at this point, but it's best to consider all things. Remember, difficulty mode increases as problems become more complex. Are you really sure you know all you need to?

In any case, To the Library won, despite the fact that I'm sure the other option had more votes last night when I checked. Vote deletan gaems sappin' mah memory!
>> No. 56535
>>56534
>YoumuxMyo-

Fuck yes, I knew it!
>> No. 56536
[x] To the Library

Might as well follow Yuyuko for now. Everyone else seems to have someone else to occupy their time, and you doubt that anyone would cause much trouble. You learned over the course of dinner that the Prismrivers are employees of a sort to Yuyuko, musicians as a matter of fact. You were a little surprised to learn this, as you hadn't realized such a thing. They were supposedly having a concert sometime soon, and their presence was to discuss timing and arrangements. Apparently they were looking to board at Hakugyokuro for a few days to facilitate in preparations, as well as be close at hand. There was a small festival of sorts also planned, which you were just as surprised to hear. Rather than be dedicated to any specific occasion though, it seemed to be in planning solely for the Prismrivers.

You head off after Yuyuko after a short while, taking the time to set the used dishes into hot water so they can be cleaned easier at a later time, whether you or Youmu gets around to them. You remember seeing the library earlier on your tour around the mansion, and you're a little curious as to the kind of books that would exist in an afterlife. Before too long, you're a the door into the library, and you slide it open, finding Yuyuko fiddling with something on a table. You take a step in, and Yuyuko straightens up, turning around to fac- Glasses? You blink in surprise as Yuyuko adjusts the thin frames on her face.

"Hm?" Yuyuko hums, looking a little confused by your expression. "Do I have something on my face?" she asks, dabbing at the corners of her mouth.

"Well, something like that." you say, still a little surprised by the discovery. They actually look kind of good on her. She seems to catch on to your stare though, because her hands come to the rims of her glasses and she smiles a little.

"I've never been really comfortable wearing them, but my eyesight's never really been good for reading," she says lowering her hands from the glasses. "Not much I can do about that though. I think they look kind of good on me, though."

You have a bit of trouble responding, due to the recent discovery interrupting your train of thought and leaving you with nothing to say, which manifests as a few seconds of bizarre silence.

"Why have you come to the library, anyway?" Yuyuko asks, tilting her head slightly. "I'd have thought you were a bit more interested in everyone else with so many visitors here at once, and you still haven't properly experienced the gardens either." she says, sounding a little unsure. That's a good question, you had decided where to go almost on instinct, but now that you're here, you don't really know where to begin or what to do. You had hoped to have an idea by the time you arrived, but you still have nothing. Now what?
>> No. 56537
>>56534
>Are you really sure you know all you need to?

How many clue tokens do we have left?
>> No. 56538
>>56535

It's not as fun with just two.
>> No. 56539
>>56537

6, I believe, if I'm correct in remembering that you had 3 by the end of Hina's route, you would have had 8, then two were spent on Cirno and Daiyousei information. However, since the difficulty of this route has increased, the hints to be purchased won't be as definitely clear. It would take a whole 4 tokens to get full information for how to complete the route with the best ending.

Though it should serve as a warning that spending so many would hurt the gains you would make for clearing the route normally.
>> No. 56540
[x] "Well, I wanted to let you know I plan on going out for a bit, to check on my latest victim, a curse goddess, and hopefully to reacquire a relic I left in her possession."
[x] "Um, would you like to come with? I don't foresee any... severe problems, but I'm not quite used to this whole 'corporeality' business as yet."
[x] "And I agree, those glasses do suit you, perhaps unexpectedly."

Because her own isolation and Youmu's intensely guarded nature, Yuyu probably doesn't get to feel being "needed" very often. Lets ask her politely for some help and see how she responds.
>> No. 56541
[ ] Yuyuko isn't Yuyuko without her glasses.

It's out of place right now, but this must win when she removes the glasses.

[X] "Well, you did invite me to the library...what'cha reading there?"
[X] "Hey, I was thinking on going out too, there is something I need to get. But you know...I'm still new in Gensokyo and all, and it was fun last time."
[X] Get out, with someone or alone, and get that damn sword.
>> No. 56542
[x] "Well, I wanted to let you know I plan on going out for a bit, to check on my latest victim, a curse goddess, and hopefully to reacquire a relic I left in her possession."
[x] "Um, would you like to come with? I don't foresee any... severe problems, but I'm not quite used to this whole 'corporeality' business as yet."
[x] "And I agree, those glasses do suit you, perhaps unexpectedly."
>> No. 56543
[x] "Well, I wanted to let you know I plan on going out for a bit, to check on my latest victim, a curse goddess, and hopefully to reacquire a relic I left in her possession."
[x] "Um, would you like to come with? I don't foresee any... severe problems, but I'm not quite used to this whole 'corporeality' business as yet."
[x] "And I agree, those glasses do suit you, perhaps unexpectedly."
>> No. 56573
>>56540
I agree with this man. We always thought about the other people around her, but never spent a thought on her and what possible problems she could have.

[x] "Well, I wanted to let you know I plan on going out for a bit, to check on my latest victim, a curse goddess, and hopefully to reacquire a relic I left in her possession."
[x] "Um, would you like to come with? I don't foresee any... severe problems, but I'm not quite used to this whole 'corporeality' business as yet."
[x] "And I agree, those glasses do suit you, perhaps unexpectedly."
>> No. 56575
[Q] "Well, I wanted to let you know I plan on going out for a bit, to check on my latest victim, a curse goddess, and hopefully to reacquire a relic I left in her possession."
[Q] "Um, would you like to come with? I don't foresee any... severe problems, but I'm not quite used to this whole 'corporeality' business as yet."
[Q] "And I agree, those glasses do suit you, perhaps unexpectedly."
>> No. 56599
Youmu route completion 50%
Yuyuko route completion 80%

Not that it's a bad thing.
>> No. 56606
>>56599

There's quite a bit to both the routes you may or may not be expecting.
>> No. 56607
>>56599

Hina was 100% and Alice at 90-95%, right?

Yuyuko's route completion is probably Youki- and Youmu-dependent. She really does seem to live a carefree life, and it's unlikely we'd be able to possess her directly, nor can I think of anything to do if we did.

There is that whole not being able to reincarnate thing, but that's something we can't do much about. We don't know for sure that she can't achieve Enlightenment directly, though, which is something which she may not have thought of herself.

Maybe we should ask her in-character how she became Princess of the Netherworld? As a ghost with a karmic debt, we should be interested in hearing how another spirit went legit.
>> No. 56621
>>56599
No way in hell. We've barely done anything, people need to stop assuming we already have things mostly figured out. This isn't easy mode anymore.
>> No. 56625
>>56607
Now this is the story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the princess of a place called hakugyokuro.

In west Japan born and raised. On the playground where I spent most of my days, chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool and all, killing some people of the village. When a youkai cherry tree was up to no good started making trouble in the neighbourhood. I got in one little fight and the yama got pissed and said you're moving with your corpse and tree in hakugyokuro.
>> No. 57171
When are you going to write the Epilogue for Hina EZMode?
>> No. 57177
>>57171

It's complete, but not written. It'll be available at the end of the first playthrough where the rest of the epilogues for 100% completed routes will go, unless there's an overwhelming vote for otherwise.
>> No. 57191
>>57177

That's fine. I'd rather you concentrate on writing the main story.
>> No. 57340
[x] "Well, I wanted to let you know I plan on going out for a bit, to check on my latest victim, a curse goddess, and hopefully to reacquire a relic I left in her possession."
[x] "Um, would you like to come with? I don't foresee any... severe problems, but I'm not quite used to this whole 'corporeality' business as yet."
[x] "And I agree, those glasses do suit you, perhaps unexpectedly."

"I was just coming by to say I plan on heading out for a little bit, to check my last 'victim'," you say, pausing a bit as you realize what you said. Yuyuko simply giggles a little. "Ah, she was a Curse Goddess. I wanted to also pick up something of mine I left at her house, a sword of sorts."

"Oh, you have something of your own?" Yuyuko asks, a little surprised. "It's rare for an outsider spirit to arrive with some material possessions, much less a sword."

"Nothing like that, I'm afraid." you say, not really wanting to explain how you came into possession of the sword in the first place. "Though... uh..." you lose your will for a second. You clear your throat and try to calm your nerves. It's not like you're asking her out on a date, but you still feel a little nervous about it. "Would you like to come with me? I'm not expecting any problems, but I'm not quite used to having a form again."

Yuyuko smiles, clasping her hands together, and offers you a small bow.

"Thanks for the offer, but I'm rather tired. We spent a lot of time outside today having fun already, and that meal was the perfect end to a fun day." she says, floating across the room to a bookshelf. "I'd like to spend the rest of the day relaxing. I'd love to go outside again with you tomorrow though." she adds, her smile widening before she lifts her hands and cradles her face. "My! It'll almost be like we're a real couple!"

You feel your chest squeeze again as Yuyuko gives you a playful wink, reading your expression rather easily.

"Y-yeah..." you stammer, a bit lost for words. You have to give her credit though, being able to adapt to situations so quickly and switch in and out of her own style of acting on a whim. Yuyuko has since recovered a book and made her way over to a chair, and is in the process of adjusting the glasses again. "You know, I think those glasses suit you as well." you say. Yuyuko looks up at you, a little surprised.

"You think so to then?" she says with a hint of question in her voice. "Youmu never answered me when I asked her what she thought. She'd always say 'So long as they serve their purpose, appearance isn't important'." she says, sounding a little disappointed as she seems to recall a memory.

"Well, I hadn't thought of you as a glasses kind of girl, but they really do look nice." you say, reaffirming your statement and trying to pull Yuyuko out of her small slump. It works, it seems, as she cheers up pretty quickly. She then adopts a sly smile.

"Could it be...?" her question trails, floating from her seat. "You have a thing for glasses?"

Once more your heart jumps in your chest, as Yuyuko lowers her head, looking at you over the rims as she sweeps an arm across her torso, pushing up her bust slightly to draw your attention. You can't keep yourself from looking, and Yuyuko's smile grows.

"What's wrong, Kenshiro~" Yuyuko says, drawing out your name. "Something catch your eye?" She's doing this on purpose, she's playing with you again, her smile gives it away. You can't let her get away with this forever.

"You like teasing people, don't you?" you ask. Yuyuko drops her pose and laughs a little.

"It's always fun to see how people react, it's never too serious though." she says, sticking out her tounge a little.

"Well then," you say, attaining your own sly grin. "You should be more careful. I might take you too serious some time and something interesting might happen."

A flash of pink comes to Yuyuko's surprised face, but she quickly recovers with a smile, bringing the back of a hand up to her mouth in a dramatic fashion.

"Ohoho! Kenshiro is planning something! I wonder what he's going to do to me?" she says with the perfect amount of melodramatic tone to her voice. You reply by crossing your arms in your ow dramatic fashion.

"We'll have to wait and see, now won't we? Until next time!" you say in turn, playing right into the impromptu skit. You turn towards the library door and begin to head out, when you feel Yuyuko brush up behind you and wrap her arms around your shoulders. You feel like your stomach is doing flips until you notice she's attaching something to the edge of your robe. When her hands come away, you see a small clip of some sort with a decorative glass looking petal you recognize as being one of the petals of the trees in the garden.

"You can't actually leave Hakugyokuro without me," Yuyuko says from behind you. You turn slightly to see her floating as usual, a small smile on her face. "That is, you can't retain your form, and exiting would be particularly difficult, but not impossible. This charm should allow you passage though, so you'll be fine." You can't help but notice that her hair looks slightly different, one side hangs forward a little bit more.

"This is...?" you begin, pointing to the clip. You've already kind of made the connection. Yuyuko nods.

"It's mine, so I'll be wanting it back. Don't go losing it, or you'll turn back into a wisp!" she says, sweeping the loose hair behind her ear. She must wear them underneath her hat. "Have fun!" she says, waving you off. You leave now, heading over to the long staircase down to the gate. It's going to be a long flight.

***

Some time later, you're approaching the Youkai mountain. It's night, and you're not exactly accustomed to navigating the mountain in this light. Thankfully, it's a clear night, and it's pretty close to a full moon, so there's still some visibility at least. It takes you a while, but you manage to locate the area where Hina lives in the dark, and lower yourself to the woods. You find the house rather easily with all the dolls hanging nearby. As you get close, you can see a light shining from underneath the doorframe. Seems like someone's home. You float up and knock on the door. You hear what sounds like a gasp from inside, and a thump. After a few seconds, the door pulls open, Hina standing on the other side.

"You startled me!" she whines, giving an apologetic smile and a small bow. "Um, how can I help you?"
>> No. 57344
<%Mode> Like right now, I want to write walls, but I have no votes.
<%Mode> So I'm going to get tired, go to sleep, and come back tomorrow less enthusiastic and give like, a paragraph.
>> No. 57347
[x] "Hey, did you see a sword around here?"
[x] "Well, I think I left it here when I was possessing you-"
[x] "I mean when I wasn't possessi-"
[x] "I mean.."
[x] "Ah hell, I fucked it up."
>> No. 57349
[x] "Hey, did you see a sword around here?"
[x] "Well, I think I left it here when I was possessing you-"
[x] "I mean when I wasn't possessi-"
[x] "I mean.."
[x] "Ah hell, I fucked it up."
>> No. 57350
[x] "Hey, did you see a sword around here?"
[x] "Well, I think I left it here when I was possessing you-"
[x] "I mean when I wasn't possessi-"
[x] "I mean.."
[x] "Ah hell, I fucked it up."

Nice write-in! STF APPROVES~
>> No. 57351
[x] "Hey, did you see a sword around here?"
[x] "Well, I think I left it here when I was possessing you-"
[x] "I mean when I wasn't possessi-"
[x] "I mean.."
[x] "Ah hell, I fucked it up."
>> No. 57352
[x] "Hey, did you see a sword around here?"
[x] "Well, I think I left it here when I was possessing you-"
[x] "I mean when I wasn't possessi-"
[x] "I mean.."
[x] "Ah hell, I fucked it up."
>> No. 57364
[x] "Hey, did you see a sword around here?"
[x] "Well, I think I left it here when I was possessing you-"
[x] "I mean when I wasn't possessi-"
[x] "I mean.."
[x] "Ah hell, I fucked it up."

"Hey, did you see a sword around here?" you ask, trying to act as non-chalant as possible. Hina blinks at you and looks you over, a finger on her lips as if she's thinking of something. "I think I left it here when I was possessing yo-" you cut yourself off wit a cough, though you catch a light of realization in Hina's eyes. "I mean, when I wasn't possess-"

Hina cuts you off with a soft giggle.

"I mean... uh... yeah, I gave myself away pretty easily there." you say, rubbing your arm a bit, feeling a little stupid at having blown your cover so easily. At least she didn't react negatively. Before she says anything else, Hina steps back and motions into the house.

"Please, come in." she says warmly with a matching smile. "I was hoping for a chance to meet you, in fact." You decide to accept her request, since it's probably better for you to be behind closed doors if you're going to be talking about your nature. As you enter, you see a small book open on a table, and Hina closes the door behind you. She walks past you and closes up the book, sliding it aside, then turns to you, looking a little worried.

"So..." she says, trailing off. You can't think of too much to say either, as it were, and you find yourself in an awkward silence. Hina jostles a little and moves towards a couch pushed against the wall. "Would you like to take a seat?" she asks, motioning somewhat nervously towards the couch. That works for you, so you head over, and take a seat on one end. "Right then, so..." Hina begins again, sitting on the other end, turned so she can face you. You feel a little bizarre looking at her, having become a little used to her body while you were in it. You feel a little like you're looking in a mirror, as odd as that sensation is to you.

"Is there something wrong?" she asks, looking a little concerned. You snap back to the situation at hand and shake your head.

"No, I was just thinking a bit. I had gotten used to seeing you from your own eyes, so seeing you from another perspective feels kind of weird." you say. Hina blushes slightly and looks away.

"Y-yes. I seem to remember a few things about that, what you've seen." she says, clearly embarrassed, as she tugs the corners of the collar down slightly in an attempt to obscure the laced front of her dress and conceal her cleavage a little more. Ah, right. "But I guess it couldn't be helped..." she says, turning back to you with a smile, despite the red still remaining in her face.

"Well, I could have looked a little bit less than I did." you admit, knowing well enough that you had taken some time too long to admire her body during your time. She seems a little bit eased by the apologetic tone.

"I really must thank you though," she says, leaning forward and laying a hand on your knee. "You did a great thing for me, s-so I guess you can enjoy those memories of me as a 'thank you' without worrying about something bad happening to you." she adds, with a slight wink.

"You know, hearing you talking about 'bad things happening' is kind of worrying..."

"Ah! Sorry! It was a joke!" she says, jumping a bit and suddenly becoming intensely interested in her fingers. "I must have sounded really weird there..."

"It's okay, Hina." you say, shifting position slightly to get a little more comfortable. She calms down and rests her hands in her lap, still a little red.

"I'm sorry, I don't talk to men very often, so I get nervous and act weird when I do, I think." she says, toying with the ends of her hair tied at her chest. "Even though you're a pretty important person to me. Though..." she trails off, looking at the ceiling. "Why did you help me?"

"Huh?"

"W-well, why did you choose to help me?" she asks, looking down towards the floor. "I'm not really anyone special. I'm a Curse Goddess, sure, but otherwise people tend to be afraid to get near me because something might happen to them, or so they think. I'm shy, I live alone in this small house, and I couldn't even work up the strength on my own to tell the one I love about my feelings. You changed all of that for me, but... why?" she asks, sounding sadder as she continued. "I'm always surrounded by misfortune, why did I get this luck all of a sudden?" she asks, looking up at you. You can see her eyes look like they're about to water. "Are you a God?"

You don't reply immediately, you take the time to think of what you need to say. You couldn't tell her it was just by chance now, it would probably hurt her. You use the silence to compose your reply.

"I'm no God, I'm just a man that can see problems. It might not be my business, but I can't ignore people that have problems they need sorted. It might have been sudden, and I'm not sure how it effects the host, but I can possess people, apparently without any regard to their own abilities. I use this power to fix the problems in people's lives. I happened to see you, and I felt 'Now this is a girl that could use some help'. I couldn't help but want to see you happy, so I took control and worked to change things for the better. You deserve to be happy, Hina. For all the happiness you give to others by taking away their misfortune, you need a little light of your own. Your relationship with Nitori was the most painful part, feeling your emotions for myself and knowing you were too scared to act on them alone. I'm sorry I took it as far as I did, that was more your right than mine, but I'm sure your relationship is better for it."

Hina's eyes well up more, though she dabs the tears away with the ribbon on her arm, sniffing slightly with a sad smile on her face.

"Thank you." she says, standing from her seat and giving you a deep bow. "I don't think I could ever give you a proper thank you for what you've done for me. Whether or not you're a God, you're proof to me that there are more above me that have rewarded me with the good fortune of being possessed by you. My work has paid off, finally." she says, remaining standing afterwards, though looking a little nervous. "Though, there is something I could do for you..." she trails off, looking away. "I could bless you, perhaps. It might not work right though..."

You stand from your seat and take a step towards Hina, clapping your hands down on her shoulders. She gives a bit of a yelp and looks at you with a startled expression.

"No Hina. It will work perfectly." you say with a smile. Hina blinks and smiles back with a nod.

"O-of course! It'll work fine!" she says, clearly feigning confidence for your sake. You step back as she takes a deep breath and places her hands together in front of her in a method similar to prayer and closes her eyes. After a few moments, she begins to say something, though you can't make out the words. A faint glow emanates from her hands as she goes on, her hair and clothes beginning to billow in an intengible breeze. The glow intensifies along with the chant, and Hina parts her hands, floating into the air, her entire body taking on the glow. You begin to feel a slight pressure, almost like a wind, emenating from Hina. A few seconds pass, and she opens her eyes, looking down at you. She chants something else and floats forward, reaching a hand towards you. She lays her hand on your head, palm flat against your forehead, and you feel a sensation of something flowing into you, a warmth spreading throughout your body. Hina's glow begins to subside as she lowers to the ground.

As she touches down, she brushes out her dress and looks up at you, already looking nervous again. "So, how do you feel?" she asks. "Too hot? Nauseous? Dizzy?"

You laugh and pat her on the shoulder. "No, Hina. I feel fine. It was warm, but pleasant." Hina gives with relief and drops her hands, giving you an apologetic look.
>> No. 57365
"I'm sorry, I'm so used to removing curses and misfortune that I almost forgot how to give blessings as well. I'm not much of a Goddess I imagine." she says, tilting her head a little. You give her shoulder a slight squeeze.

"I think you do well enough." you say with a smile. Hina returns the smile as she brings one of her hands up to yours. You allow her a few seconds before you withdraw your hand, and Hina steps back towards her room.

"I'll get that sword you left, then." she says. "Please wait a moment." With that, she turns and walks into the room, taking a few seconds to find it and return to you. Still in it's leather sheath. She hands it over to you, and you take it with your left hand, carrying it by the sheath. "So, are you going to be leaving now?" she asks.

"Yeah, I was only coming by to check on you and pick this up." you say, thinking back to Yuyuko and Youmu. "I'm technically already helping other people, though my 'conditions' have changed slightly."

"Oh! Really? Well, I wouldn't want to keep you then!" she exclaims, heading towards the door. "They're probably waiting for you to change their life already." she says with a smile. You laugh a bit and head towards the door. You step outside, and turn back around.

"I'll be off now. I don't know if I'll see you again." you say, floating off the ground slightly in preparation to leave.

"Oh," Hina says, sounding a little sad. "You're free to return whenever you like though. I'm sure Nitori would like to meet you too!" Hina says before turning a little red. "Though, ah, we'd probably have to keep your existence a secret, since what you did to her with me..."

You laugh a little, catching Hina off guard.

"Yeah, that would be problematic, to know that it was me that kissed her in the river." you say with a wink. Hina looks a little confused, but catches on with a blush and nods.

"Y-yes, absolutely! The rest was completely my doing!" she says with wavering determination. She's pretty cute when she tries.

"I'll be going now." you say, floating backwards.

"I'll hope to see you again." Hina says as you leave. She's still watching you as you turn around and start heading towards the base of the mountain. All in all, it was a pretty worthwhile trip, and you got to make a cool guy speech again. You off handedly think about heading back and playing up with Yuyuko a bit more, recalling your earlier exchange with a bit of embarrassment. It as odd to do things like that, but still kind of fun. You wonder what Yuyuko thinks of it all.

"Oh, what's this?"

You feel a chill run down your spine at the sound of the voice from behind you. You turn your head, catching a glimpse of the fire-red hair behind you. Oh crap.

"Fancy this, a meeting out here this late at night."

It's Komachi, hovering in mid air behind you, scythe hanging idly at her side. She's got a bizarre grin on her face. You need to do something.

---
>> No. 57369
Also, for what it's worth mentioning, there might be a side story thread for an idea I had regarding the latest update that I decided to exclude.
>> No. 57379
[X] .......Who are you, again?

Mostly just trolling her. But I see a paper-slim chance that she doesn't recognize us.
>> No. 57381
[x] "Indeed, I'd have never expected to meet you out here, Ferrywoman."

Showdown
>> No. 57382
[X] .......Who are you, again?
>> No. 57392
[X] .......why, hello there. Who might you be?
>> No. 57394
[X] .......Who are you, again?
>> No. 57404
[X] .......Who are you, again?

"... Uh, who are you?" you ask, trying to feign ignorance.

"Just a ferrywoman of the dead." she replies, swinging her scythe underneath her and sitting on it. "Out here looking around for a lost spirit." You feel a chill wash over you as Komachi gives you a once over, looking a little amused. "Though I think I found something interesting."

"Oh? What's that?" you say, turning to her a bit more. You see her eyes fall to the sword you're carrying, and you make no effort to hide it now. Her smile only widens.

"I find a strange man with a magical sword flying around at night. This does give me an idea though." she says, floating closer while retaining her seat. You feel a little uncomfortable with her getting so close, but to do anything now would give you away. As far as you can tell, she doesn't actually know who you are. The closer she gets though, the more you notice a particular smell, alcohol. She must be drunk already.

"I've been hearing from the shrine maiden up here that she's heard some weird noises and saw some strange lights. I don't think it's nothing, but boss says I have to check any reports from either shrine in case something turns up. Though," she says, removing her scythe from underneath her and tapping the end of the handle with the staff of her scythe. "I think I know now where the sounds and lights were coming from."

"Ah, yeah, that probably was me." you say, taking your chance at a bluff to get you out of this.

"Alright! Case closed!" Komachi says, swinging her scythe back under her. "I should probably still head up to the shrine anyway and check in with them, just so if boss asks, they'll back me up. I still have some time to kill though, so I was thinking of going back to drinking once I get done. Want to join me?"

As much as the idea of sticking around near Komachi disturbs you, she is either far too drunk to realize who you are, or genuinely doesn't realize it. The risk is high, but the chance to get an advantage over her is extremely tempting.

---
>> No. 57405
Disregarding my own 'first to 5' ruling for the sake of updating faster before I get too tired to stay awake~
>> No. 57407
>>57404

[x] "I guess I could go for some spirits."

Awesome.jpg
>> No. 57408
>>57404

[x] DO IT, FAGGOT.

Livin' on the edge.
>> No. 57410
>The risk is high, but the chance to get an advantage over her is extremely tempting.

Komachi drunken sex.

[x] "I guess I could go for some spirits."
>> No. 57412
[x] Hell no.
>> No. 57413
[x] "I guess I could go for some spirits."

Risk for reward.
>> No. 57415
[x] "I guess I could go for some spirits."
>> No. 57417
[x] "I guess I could go for some spirits."
>> No. 57418
[x] "I guess I could go for some spirits."

Hahaha, dancing with Death.
>> No. 57420
[x] "I guess I could go for some spirits."
>> No. 57421
[x] "I guess I could go for some spirits."

"I guess I could go for some spirits." you say, letting slip a very poor joke in the process. Despite the quality of the joke, Komachi cracks up laughing anyway.

"Spirits! Ah, that's rich! Yeah, I guess we both could, huh?" she howls, floating over towards you. She passes next to you and wraps an arm around your shoulders in a very rough manner, practically pulling you face first into her chest. You never realized how tall she was, nor how open her vest was. "You're pretty funny, I could use someone like you to talk to during boring boat rides. Come on though, every moment we spend laughing is time that could be spent drinking or sleeping."

Before you can even reply, the world turns into a blur, and you find yourself standing at the gate of the Moriya shrine. You can see Kanako nearby, and she notices the two of you rather quickly, flying over.

"Ah, if it isn't the shinigami and... who is this?" she asks, coming closer to see you.

"The answer." Komachi exclaims rather proudly. "Seems he admits to being the one making the sounds and lights."

Kanako nods at her explanation and gives you a look over.

"He doesn't look like much though." she says, giving you a suspicious look, and eyeing the sword you still carry. "Neither does that sword, though I guess magical weapons don't need to be impressive."

"I know right! So, is Sanae around?" Komachi asks, taking her arm off you and hooking her arms over her scythe, resting it on her shoulders.

"Ah, she's in bed already." Kanako replies, looking towards the main building on the shrine grounds. "She likes to have a good nights sleep so she can have a good day." Komachi snorts audibly at this explanation.

"She's missing out on all the fun!" Komachi whines. "Wake her up so we can go drinking." Kanako gives Komachi an uneasy smile, and looks to you, then back.

"Sorry, I may be a Goddess, but Sanae is something else entirely if you wake her up. I'm getting ready for bed myself too. You already seem like you've had plenty to drink already, I don't want to get stuck with a bill and have to carry you away as well."

"Eeh, okay then." Komachi whines, lowing her scythe and placing her hand on your shoulder. "Send another message if you see anything weird." Once again, the world dissolves into blurs, and you find yourself standing near a small hut. You don't immediately recognize the area, but from the surrounding flat land and open fields, you guess you're somewhere close to the village, but you don't get much time to look around.

"Here we are!" Komachi says, stepping up to the door and giving it a push, opening to a dimly lit room. "My hide out." she says, stepping in, holding the door with her weapon. "I come here whenever I come up. It's abandoned, so no one lives here, perfect for me to take a nap without being caught. Come on in~"

You decide to follow along, since turning away now would be kind of hard. You're still a little nervous, given that she could still potentially catch on, but any chance you have to get to stay ahead of her would be beneficial. The door swings shut on it's own as Komachi releases it, and she walks past you, kicking her sandals off against a wall as she does so, and plops herself down on a cushion on the floor.

"After you." she gestures to another cushion nearby, and you take a look around the room. Aside from the cushions, there's a small table, a door that's currently closed, and a bed. The only light source in the room in a small lamp set on the table, though the light is considerably dimmed by the number of bottles situated around it.

"Let's see here, do you have any favourites? I've got lots of good stuff here." Komachi says, digging thorugh the bottles.

---

Tired now, sleeping.
>> No. 57424
I wonder if pumpkin ale is in season yet.
>> No. 57425
[x] Get back at her for collecting all that money as fare while you were disoriented.
[x] "Do you have any distilled mead or vintage brandy?"

Go for the gold, she can obviously afford everything due to robbing every single spirit that crosses
>> No. 57427
[x] Get back at her for collecting all that money as fare while you were disoriented.
[x] "Do you have any distilled mead or vintage brandy?"
>> No. 57436
[x] Get back at her for collecting all that money as fare while you were disoriented.
[x] "Do you have any distilled mead or vintage brandy?"
>> No. 57444
>>57364
"Kenshiro, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say 'YES'!"
>> No. 57467
[ ] Red wine

Classy.
>> No. 57493
>>57467

Why do you always have to be different?

I reject your sommelier, and substitute my own.

[x] Get back at her for collecting all that money as fare while you were disoriented.
[x] Grin wickedly. "As they say, champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends~."
>> No. 57495
[x] Get back at her for collecting all that money as fare while you were disoriented.
[x] "Do you have any distilled mead or vintage brandy?"
>> No. 57496
[X] Get back at her for collecting all that money as fare while you were disoriented.
[X] Vintage Cognac
>> No. 57542
>>57496
>Cognac
>vintage brandy

Tomate-o, tomhat-o
>> No. 57621
[x] Get back at her for collecting all that money as fare while you were disoriented.
[x] "Do you have any distilled mead or vintage brandy?"
>> No. 57646
Can we adjust our clothes so that the pin Yuyuko gave us is concealed under a fold, for now? or maybe we should just feel lucky that Komachi is already slightly drunk.

[X] "Does Higan have any special brews?"
>> No. 57696
Updates will likely be sporadic the next few days leading up to the beginning of September, and I'll be gone for a week at the beginning of the new month, and starting night school almost immediately, so my update schedule will likely move to early afternoon or late night, given my current time (1:44 for comparison).
>> No. 57739
>>57493

Cute.

[ΚΆ] Grin wickedly. "As they say, champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends~."

We don't want to "get her back". Nobody wouldn't begrudge Komachi just for doing her job. And it's not as if Komachi is particularly dutiful anyway. In all honesty she probably already knows who we are and will probably lay off if we can show we're a good person, like with the miko.

Remember, Nobody wants to help all the Touhoes. If helping Komachi means having a few drinks and let her rant on about how much of a hardass her boss is, then that's what he'll do.

Besides, if we're a good sport about this, maybe she'll give us a bottle of something nice to bring back to Yuyuko.
>> No. 57782
>>57739
No, see, that's why Komachi's problems are actually the Final Mission. Part of the solution to her problems would involve turning ourselves in after getting danmaku'd silly by her. The long chase beforehand and the satisfying conclusion will teach her an important lesson about the virtue of hard work.

By that time, I hope we will have progressed far enough for Celestial End. Being willing to cease the struggle and accept judgment will likely go a long way toward that, I think.
>> No. 57798
[x] Get back at her for collecting all that money as fare while you were disoriented.
[x] "Do you have any distilled mead or vintage brandy?"

You think back to your brief time on the boat, that bag of money coming to mind. Right, you're not sure how, but she had charged you money for it, and even though you got away, she likely still kept the cash she took as 'fare'. You should get her back for that.

"Hmm, do you have any distilled mead? Or vintage brandy?" you ask while taking a seat on one of the cushions. Komachi looks up from the bottles with a bit of confusion, then a drunken smile spreads across her face.

"You're after the good stuff, aren't you?" she asks, shifting her search location towards the outer edges. After a few seconds, she pulls up a small bottle. "Ah ha! Here we go!" she declares, handing the bottle over to you. A quick glimpse at the label tells you that it's brandy, and a few second later, Komachi pushes a cup towards you on the table. You pour yourself a bit as Komachi snatches up a bottle close at hand and pulls out the loose cork. As she takes a drink straight from the bottle, she pulls at the edges of her vest, loosening it up a bit, effectively exposing more cleavage.

"Ah~ That's better!" she cheers, pulling the bottle away as you take a drink of your own. "I've gotta hand it to Ms 'Eiki, she knows how to assign jobs."

"Yeah?" you query as a simple attempt at pushing her along.

"She sends me topside to chase down some runaway spirit that took off running when we hit shore a few days back. Of course, it's damn near impossible to find something like a spirit around here, given how many crazy things there are everywhere. I can't go more than an hour without being hit up by some weird youkai. 'Oh! Let's play!', 'I'll show you why I'm the strongest!', 'Is that so~?', they each seem to have some kind of catchphrase or something, like some kind of old television show." she says, taking another long draft from the bottle. " 'Course, it's not all bad. I get to play around, and so long as I make a little attempt at work, I get by fine. Stop at a few houses and ask questions, take nice walks, take naps to 'conserve my strength', and I get to sit around and drink with a cute guy every now and then." she continues, giving you a wink.

You take another drink from the cup, trying not to think about what she just said. "Doesn't sound too bad." you say with a grin as you pull the cup away. Komachi laughs a bit and kicks her legs out from their previously crossed position, stretching them, despite the fact most of her dress remains slightly bunched around her thighs.

"S'not bad at all, though I think she's starting to catch on to me screwing around up here." she says, rocking her feet side to side as she takes another swig. "I'm going to have to come up with something to cool her down or she'll blow her top at me again and hit me. She might be half my size, but she hits like an angry god with that stick of hers. Stupid thing, who gives a hothead justice fangirl like her a stick that gets heavier the more sins are written on it. She might kill me one of these days."

You rub your arm a bit, a little put off by what she's saying. Doesn't sound like a very good position she's in, and now you're feeling a little bad. After all, it is your fault all things considered.

"That's kind of rough. How does she get away with it? Can't you quit?" you ask, slightly concerned for her well being. She just laughs, swinging the bottle around.

"Yeah, it's not as bad as all that. Shikieiki might be a hardass, but she's a lot better than some of the other Yama. Some of those crones don't even smile at good jokes, and neither do their shinigami. 'Eiki's still young, still practically a girl as far as age is concerned. She's got her head on straight enough for her job and she's pretty easy going once she warms up, but damn can the girl talk." she says with a slight laugh. "I've never heard someone go on for so long over the kinds of things she does. 'It's to help them straighten out their lives and avoid Hell' she says, but I think she's just in love with her own voice. It's not like she can kill me though, I may have a physical body, but I'm immortal otherwise. It's not bad enough to make me quit. Besides," she pauses, taking one more drink from the bottle. "How many other jobs allow you to sit around in a dark, quiet shack with someone and drink yourself blind?"

You have to admit, she's got you on that one. You might be able to think of a few, given the time, but they'd mostly be modern jobs, and you're pretty sure that they wouldn't exist. You raise your cup to your lips to drink, and as you do, Komachi signals to you.

"Wait, don't swallow." she says, putting her bottle down on the table. You hold the liquid, a little confused by the request. Komachi scrambles onto her knees and crawls over towards you with a strange grin. Your eyes drift down slightly, attracted by the considerable show of Komachi's breasts within her loose vest and dress. A breathy giggle catches your attention and you look up, just in time for Komachi's hand to come to your jaw and pull your face into hers, pressing her lips over yours and forcing your mouth open with her tounge. You're too stunned to react as Komachi shifts a little, angling down a little as she drains the mouthful of liquid into hers, a bit of the liquid escaping and trickling from the corners of both your mouths.

Komachi pulls back, leaving you open mouthed and stunned.

"Mmhmhm~" she giggles, wiping away the trail of liquid on her face. "Ah, I'm too drunk." she says, lowering her head and rolling onto her side, then her back, placing her head on your lap, looking up at you. "I don't get to have many moments like this, not much of a private life outside of work. Spend all my time ferrying bodiless souls, don't have much time to make many friends or fall in love." she says, with a slight giggle, raising a hand up to your face. "That's why I should stop now and let you go, or else I might end up disappointing myself again." She brings her hand back down, resting it on her chest and closing her eyes.

"Mm, you're pretty comfy." she says, squirming a little as she wriggles her head. You finish off what you had poured into the cup. "Feel free to take the rest of that bottle with you." Komachi says with a smile as you place the cup back onto the table. "Consider it a gift for listening to me whine." she says, with a slight drawl. Seems like she's falling asleep after all. Only question remaining is if you're going to stay long enough until she's out or leave now before she gets too comfy.
>> No. 57800
[x] Stay a while and listen.
[x] You have quite a treasure there in that Horadric Cube!
>> No. 57802
[X] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[X] Leave a note thanking her for the drinks and sincerely wishing her well before you return to Hakugyokuro.
>> No. 57803
[X] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[X] Leave a note thanking her for the drinks and sincerely wishing her well before you return to Hakugyokuro.

Antagonist moe~
>> No. 57804
{X} Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
{X} Leave a note thanking her for the drinks and sincerely wishing her well before you return to Hakugyokuro.
>> No. 57806
>"S'not bad at all, though I think she's starting to catch on to me screwing around up here." she says, rocking her feet side to side as she takes another swig. "I'm going to have to come up with something to cool her down or she'll blow her top at me again and hit me.

[x] Stroke her hair.
[x] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[x] Leave her a note: "You said you're looking for a lost spirit right? Another time I'd tell you that all who wander are not lost, but it'd be more practical to suggest checking the Bunbunmaru newspaper for leads: Rumor has it, he's been possessing youkai and doing terrible things to them like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody."
>> No. 57810
>>57806
No.
[X] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[X] Leave a note thanking her for the drinks and sincerely wishing her well before you return to Hakugyokuro.
>> No. 57813
>>57810
be a man, take risks
[x] Stroke her hair.
[x] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[x] Leave her a note: "You said you're looking for a lost spirit right? Another time I'd tell you that all who wander are not lost, but it'd be more practical to suggest checking the Bunbunmaru newspaper for leads: Rumor has it, he's been possessing youkai and doing terrible things to them like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody."
>> No. 57821
[X] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[X] Leave a note thanking her for the drinks and sincerely wishing her well before you return to Hakugyokuro.
>> No. 57823
Why not, great risk, great outcome. We did the same with Reimu back then.
[x] Stroke her hair.
[x] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[x] Leave her a note: "You said you're looking for a lost spirit right? Another time I'd tell you that all who wander are not lost, but it'd be more practical to suggest checking the Bunbunmaru newspaper for leads: Rumor has it, he's been possessing youkai and doing terrible things to them like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody."
>> No. 57825
[x] Find a way to introduce 'Quantum Leap' to the masses.

propaganda gaems
>> No. 57831
[x] Stroke her hair.
[x] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[X] Leave a note thanking her for the drinks and sincerely wishing her well before you return to Hakugyokuro.
[x] Leave her a note: "You said you're looking for a lost spirit right? Another time I'd tell you that all who wander are not lost, but it'd be more practical to suggest checking the Bunbunmaru newspaper for leads: Rumor has it, he's been possessing youkai and doing terrible things to them like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody."

Don't know if it's a terribly good idea to give Komachi too many leads, especially considering Alice has already been a bit loose-lipped about us...but then no more than ourselves, I guess. After all, we told Aya straight out about us when in Cirno, and just now practically came right out with it to Hina.

Though, I wonder if sending Komachi to the paper is the best method to get her on our side? After all, we blew away half Aya's office as Cirno, and they've been known to stretch the truth for the sake of a story. Who knows if they've been printing anything good about us?

Though, Komachi doesn't seem too concerned about her mission anyway, and getting her on our side might get her to make even less effort, but it may only be a matter of time before we get the Yama herself on our ethereal ass. Wonder which path will delay that possibility?
>> No. 57833
[x] Stroke her hair.
[x] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[x] Leave her a note: "You said you're looking for a lost spirit right? Another time I'd tell you that all who wander are not lost, but it'd be more practical to suggest checking the Bunbunmaru newspaper for leads: Rumor has it, he's been possessing youkai and doing terrible things to them like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody."

doesn't afraid etc.

Actually, there's very little danger here. She doesn't have any real information on us, like where we reside. She just knows this form, which we'll likely be losing when we next leave Hakugyokurou anyway.

Besides, we have to convince her we're benevolent, or else we won't be able to get her to ferry Youmu's letter over the Sanzu to give to Youki.
>> No. 57837
[x] Stroke her hair.
[x] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[x] Leave her a note: "You said you're looking for a lost spirit right? Another time I'd tell you that all who wander are not lost, but it'd be more practical to suggest checking the Bunbunmaru newspaper for leads: Rumor has it, he's been possessing youkai and doing terrible things to them like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody."
>> No. 57857
[x] Stroke her hair.
[x] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[x] Leave her a note: "You said you're looking for a lost spirit right? Another time I'd tell you that all who wander are not lost, but it'd be more practical to suggest checking the Bunbunmaru newspaper for leads: Rumor has it, he's been possessing youkai and doing terrible things to them like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody."

Time to get back to Yuyuko.
>> No. 57875
[x] Stroke her hair.
[x] Stay with her, let her be comfortable until she's sound asleep, and pull a blanket over her when you leave. It's the least you can do.
[x] Leave her a note: "You said you're looking for a lost spirit right? Another time I'd tell you that all who wander are not lost, but it'd be more practical to suggest checking the Bunbunmaru newspaper for leads: Rumor has it, he's been possessing youkai and doing terrible things to them like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody."

You decide to stick around. You do feel a little sorry for her, admittedly, and things have taken a rather bizarre turn. You bring one of your hands up to her head and gentle stroke her hair, running your fingers through her pigtails. She softly sighs in approval, and several seconds later, you see her breathing slow down. You give her a few minutes to get settled, and when you're sure she's completely asleep, you gently hold her head up while sliding yourself out form underneath her. You let her head down onto the cushion and retrieve a loose sheet from the nearby bed and pull it over her.

You pick up the sword and the bottle and head towards the door when you stop yourself. You should leave a note of some sort, though you're not carrying any paper and you're pretty sure that Komachi isn't either. You turn your eyes to the closed door. Maybe there's something in there. You head over and try the door, finding that it seems to catch rather easily, as you have to put considerable force into opening it. Inside, you find a similar room, though there is a ruined window against the far wall. There's no light in the room, so it takes you a moment for your eyes to adjust, and when they do, you freeze up. There's a body in the room, near the window, slumped forward. No wonder this place is abandoned, you wonder if Komachi even knows about it. It's not like there's a smell, but still. You take a quick scan of the room and notice a broken down desk, which you quietly rifle through. Despite it's disrepair, you find some suitable paper and a jar of ink with a quill pen. Good enough then, you head back to the main room.

You take a few moments to write out your note:

"You said you're looking for a lost spirit? Some other time, I'd have said that all who wander are not lost. I would suggest heading by the Bunbunmaru newspaper's offices for information. Rumour has it, that spirit you're looking foor has been possessing youkai girls and doing terrible things to them, like improving their karma and doing their laundry. Thanks for the drink! Signed, Nobody"

While it would probably be a little detrimental to set her on your tail like that, you oddly enough don't feel too concerned as you look down at the red-headed woman smiling in her sleep. She's not too bad a person after all. Perhaps if she did catch on to you before you jumped into a new body, you might be able to convince her to give up her chase just like you got Reimu off your back, though that could be a bit of a stretch. You set the note on the table and place the bottle Komachi had been drinking out of on top of it, then head to the door, stepping out into the night. You hadn't been gone very long, maybe about an hour total, so you don't think that there'd be much concern over your departure. You take off into the sky and head back into the direction of the gate to Hakugyokuro.

***

"I'm back." you say to no one in particular, walking into the netherworld mansion. You hadn't seen anyone outside, so perhaps everyone had come in. It was pretty dark here as well, though there are plenty of lanterns lining the property that provide light. Without really anything particular to do, you head to the kitchen, not surprised to find no one there. The dishes remain stacked where they were left, you notice. You place the bottle of brandy into the fridge and set the sword down on a counter. You'd need to find someplace to put it for now, though you're also somewhat curious as to what everyone else would be up to. Perhaps you should take a look around to try to find someone?


---
>> No. 57876
[x] Return Yuyuko's clip.
[x] Go talk to Yuyuko about Youmu.
>> No. 57878
[x] Find Yuyuko to return her clip and tell her about you meeting Komachi just now.
>> No. 57879
[x] Look for Yuyuko, you really want to see her now.
>> No. 57881
[x] Hot glue Yuyuko's clip.
>> No. 57886
[x] Wash the dishes; they've soaked enough.
[x] Look in the library for Yuyuko; ask where you can stow the sword and whether she'd like to have a drink with you.

You can tell her how you got it while you drink.

I don't know if we should give her the clip back until she asks for it. It may not seem like much to you, but women don't lend out personal affects lightly, and she may want you to keep it as a memento.

After this is done you should probably get Youmu's opinion on that sword.
>> No. 57895
[x] Wash the dishes; they've soaked enough.
[x] Look in the library for Yuyuko; ask where you can stow the sword and whether she'd like to have a drink with you.
>> No. 57896
>>57886
I accept your logic

[x] Wash the dishes; they've soaked enough.
[x] Look in the library for Yuyuko; ask where you can stow the sword and whether she'd like to have a drink with you.
>> No. 57897
[x] Wash the dishes; they've soaked enough.
[x] Look in the library for Yuyuko; ask where you can stow the sword and whether she'd like to have a drink with you.
>> No. 57913
[x] Wash the dishes; they've soaked enough.
[x] Look in the library for Yuyuko; ask where you can stow the sword and whether she'd like to have a drink with you.
>> No. 57922
{X} Wash the dishes; they've soaked enough.
{X} Look in the library for Yuyuko; ask where you can stow the sword and whether she'd like to have a drink with you.
>> No. 57923
[X] Wash the dishes; they've soaked enough.
[X] Look in the library for Yuyuko; ask where you can stow the sword and whether she'd like to have a drink with you.
>> No. 58007
EZ mode, where are you?
>> No. 58008
>>58007

Also, autosage thread new etc.
>> No. 58080
Since I'm not going to bother making a new thread for this, I'm leaving for a week, as I said I would be, in about 30 minutes. I hope people at least see this. I'll be back next saturday and updates will likely start again next Monday.
>> No. 58083
>>58080

Have a good break
>> No. 58434
[x] Wash the dishes; they've soaked enough.
[x] Look in the library for Yuyuko; ask where you can stow the sword and whether she'd like to have a drink with you.

Hurry back Mode