[Return]
Archived thread

File 121779956169.jpg - (39.72KB , 483x534 , letty_again.jpg ) [iqdb]
53676 No. 53676
You screw your eyes shut as, with a squeal of panic from Meiling, Komachi does a sudden spin and veers off to one side. Forcing one open you spot the house below... and then Komachi drops.

Like a rock.

You hear someone screaming in terror as the two of you fall, only to realize that it's you half-way down. You can barely make out Komachi stifling a bout of giggles over the wailing sound of the wind whipping past at speed. The ground draws closer, and closer, close enough to make out the weeds and small plants in the lawn, and then you stop.

Of course you weren't ready for the sudden stop in the slightest and, apparently, neither was your body as it lurches forwards and threatens to break free of Komachi's grip. Unfortunately for you her grip is a lot stronger than your body is heavy, so all that happens is your breath being forced out of your lungs from the sudden compression - forcing you to gasp for air for several seconds after the redhead releases you.

Only then does your stomach catch up with the rest of you, complete with demands to be emptied and empties NOW.

So you threw up.

Not exactly how you had wanted to end your first real flight, on your hands and knees venting the contents of your stomach across the floor in front of a pretty girl. Not that Komachi seemed to mind exactly, from what you could tell you was laughing her proverbial ass off at your predicament, while the newly arrived Meiling squealed in concern when she saw you. As you again try to throw up - and fail for lack of anything to vomit - you feel two hands grab you by one arm and lift you into a half-standing position. Groaning you look to see Meiling holding you up and moving to support you under the shoulder. As she half walks, half drags you into the house and towards the bathroom to clean your face, you realize that both Renko and Keine have showed up to stare in horror at your condition. Keine, it seems, isn't happy with this as she stalks off muttering about talking to Komachi while Renko moves to help Meiling support you.

You, however, wave her off with your free hand. “Don' worry,” You slur, “i'll be fin' after 'good clean 'n rest.” you hear a gasp and look up to see Letty in the kitchen doorway, Marisa peeking around her with a frown.

“Wuss!” The blonde calls out, before vanishing as Letty turns to say something to her. You laugh slightly, then wave to Renko.

“Do 'favor for meh, will yah?” You slur again, “Teach miss Letty t' use th' kitchen? Ev'ryones hun'ry and I don' think I c'n do it now...” The brunette nods and waves to Letty, who moves out of the doorway to let you and Meiling pass. Again you spot a slight glare she aims at the redhead... but moments later she smiles.

“Then I shall make something that will make Ryogi feel much better!” She declares, “Something *I* usually make for Cirno.” Although Meiling seems to be oblivious, the look you spot on Renko's face reveals that you hadn't imagined the stress Letty had put on 'I' in her statement. Grimacing you guess she must have some problem with Meiling - jealousy? Over this 'Cirno' girl? It seemed to fit but... There wasn't really anything you could do about that in top condition, much less while you felt like your guts were crawling up your throat. Instead you file away the knowledge for later, just in case you have to head anything off before trouble occurs. For now you just concentrate on getting to the bathroom without walking into the furniture on the way - mentally thanking Meiling for her help, you make a note to do something nice for her later. Maybe pick a film she'd appreciate?

>> No. 53677
Some time later and you're sitting at the table in the dining area, along with the others, waiting to see what Letty and Renko have produced. After Meiling had got you into the bathroom, and left you there, you had managed to clean up before heading to your room to change clothes. Since then you had pretty much been lying on one of the couches in the living room trying to get over the memory of your first major flight - all the while listening to Keine apparently chewing Komachi out for being so irresponsible. Eventually Renko had stuck her head out of the kitchen and ordered everyone to gather up and sit down - which led to now, with everyone sitting around the table. Keine looking irritated on one side of you and Meiling looking worried on the other. Across from you sat a guilty-seeming Komachi and Marisa, who was still laughing over your 'wussy' performance earlier. As Keine spoke up to tell Marisa to stop laughing at you the kitchen door flew open as Renko burst in with a tray of food, moments later Letty followed with yet more food.

The spread the two put on was... pretty plain actually. Teriyaki chicken, rice, some pickles... It was nice, yes, but you had expected something more impressive given Letty's boast from earlier.

That was, until the cake came out. Everyone received a plate containing a thick slice of some kind of chocolate cake. Unlike normal cakes this one seemed partially liquid, oozing with chocolate. Given Letty's claim that this was Cirno's favorite, and that Cirno was apparently a young girl... well, any young person would love a cake as sweet as this. Keine and Komachi both seemed a little put off by it, but the others dug in with glee. You yourself tried a bite but found it to be much to sweet for your tastes - still, you did your best to finish it as you didn't want to look as if you were refusing it.

“It's... very nice?” You say afterwards, to which Marisa and Meiling both nod gleefully. “A little sweeter than I like but... very nice.” Letty smiles at you before standing to clear up with Renko's help.

“So, what now?” Marisa speaks up, causing you to blink in confusing as you realize that everyone left at the table is looking at you. “C'mon, you must have something planned right? I know you left that funny room unlocked today - so I know you're gonna show us what's in it.”

“You looked in there?” You asked, a little surprised. “Well, you are right - we are all going to be heading up there in a few minutes. I want to grab some cushions and stuff first though, since we want to be comfortable up there.”

“Comfortable?” Keine murmurs, “So we shall be occupied for a while then?”

“A few hours at least, yeah,” you reply. “I'm going to show you all about... Uh...” You pause as you notice Meiling bouncing up and down in her seat. “... What?”

“It's a movie!” She squeals, causing everyone - including yourself - to look at her in surprise. “A movie!”

“You know about movies?” You ask, surprised, you honestly hadn't expected any of the girls to know about something like that at all. It was odd, then, that she didn't know about kettles though...

“Lady Remila took everyone to one once...” Meiling murmurs, “It was all quiet, and there was a man playing a piano in the corner of the room - then all these pictures appeared on one wall. It was just... amazing. We all came out to see a few more, maybe once a month or so... well, until Lady Remila decided she wanted... uh...” The redhead pauses, then looks away, “... I'm not supposed to talk about that. But we never saw any movies after that, Lady Remila spent too much time working out how to move to Gensokyo.”

You file that little tidbit of information away, so Meiling didn't always live in Gensokyo? Was this true for any of the others? If so, how on earth did they get in if it was supposedly sealed off permanently?

It seemed every time you discovered something, all you ended up with were heaps of more questions you wanted to ask. Well, for tonight they could wait.

“I think, miss Meiling, you'll find that movies have... improved somewhat since then.” You smile at everyone, “So, if we can all make our way upstairs now?”



[ ] WRITE IN
Pick a movie genre - Any genre.
>> No. 53679
KEINE'S WARNING:
(THIS RECIPE USES RAW OR PARTIALLY-COOKED EGGS! For those worried about eating raw eggs, remember that the chances of food poisoning from them are no more than from any other food as long as they're fresh and properly stored before use (about 1 in 30,000 in the *worst* cases). Still, you should probably only use pasturized eggs for this. Or, if you're that terrified of raw eggs - then don't even bother making this you wuss.
Some of you could try lightly coddling eggs by immersing them in boiling water for 30 seconds then immediately dunking them in cold water before they get cooking - I cannot comment on this though, as I have never actually bothered to try it myself)



Cirno's Favorite Cake ( Made by Letty )

6 oz (170 g) bitter chocolate (70-85% cocoa)
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup (200 g) sugar
2 eggs (safe to eat uncooked)
3 tablespoons corn starch / cornflour

Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C) and grease one 7 in (17.5 cm) cake tin. (I got someone else to do this for me, I don't like the oven much... )

Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with butter over hot water. (don't get too close... it's hot)

Beat the eggs with sugar for 5 minutes, add corn flour and mix well.

Fold in the melted butter and chocolate mixture and transfer to the cake tin.

Bake at 350 deg F for about 10 minutes; check with a toothpick that about ¼ in (6 mm) of the surface is cooked.

Let the cake cool for 5 minutes and serve with ice cream. (delicious ice cream. So cool and refreshing. I prefer vanilla for this.)
>> No. 53693
As much as I'd love to expose the girls to Apocalypse Now...

[X] Noir

This ought to have something for everyone. A dangerous love story, because I think Letty and Meiling would enjoy that; an interesting take on a certain period of time for Keine; some good action for Marisa; and a black tone that Komachi will be able to understand and appreciate, even if it is a bit of a downer.

That, and I want to save the romance genre until we can spend some time alone cuddling with Letty.
>> No. 53694
[X] V for Vendetta, followed by The Princess Bride.
>> No. 53696
[X] Noir

Changing to this. Noir has something for everyone.
>> No. 53699
[X] Noir
>> No. 53703
[x] Noir

'Cause >>53693 makes a decent case for it.
>> No. 53713
>Pick a movie genre - Any genre.

[x] Porn
>> No. 53717
>>53713
I like the way you think.

>>53694
Very good movie choices.

[x] Noir
seems like a pretty good choice. I have to say the following though, just because its mandatory.

[ ] Army of Darkness
>> No. 53725
[x] Noir
>> No. 53726
>>53679
Even if the eggs ARE uncooked, you're forgetting about the part where the cake.... BAKES.
It's enough to kill any harmfull potential thing that might hide in the eggs, even if the baking process is only around 10 minutes.
....Plus, i never heared of a good cake that doesn't use uncooked eggs.
>> No. 53729
[x] Noir

With a side of DESPAIR.
>> No. 53730
[x] Noir
>> No. 53734
>>53726
Except this one only partially cooks. Thus the eggs are not fully cooked. Read the recipe numbnuts.
'check with a toothpick that about ¼ in (6 mm) of the surface is cooked.'
In other words, only the outside of it is supposed to cook bake solid.
>> No. 53739
>>53734
10 minutes@ 180 celsius= enough to kill 99% of the germs/parasites/bacteria currently known to man.
Besides, it was a side tip, i didn't try to diss you or something.

Why so serious?
>> No. 53742
>>53739
Except the inside doesn't reach 180 celsius. If it did it would fully bake. You're forgetting that the heat actually has to penetrate in from the outside (which, inccidentaly, is the number one reason people fuck up cooking meat, they assume that if the outside is done the inside is too) and in a sponge-y material such as cake, which is a good insulator, this simply does not happen within the alotted 10 minutes.
>> No. 53743
Now i feel stupid for forgetting-
[X]Noir
>> No. 53745
>>53743
No worries. I was just worried some stupid anon would try this with some crappy eggs he's left lying in the back of his fridge for weeks and give himself salmonella or something. ('cuz lets face it, you know if anyone could beat the odds and manage that it'd be anon)
>> No. 53746
>>53743
Actually you are stupid for a shitload of other reasons
>> No. 53748
>>53734
Just out of curiosity.
You a chef or something, or do you just really like cooking?

Or do you come up with these things on the spot and I shouldn't trust the recipes one bit?
>> No. 53749
>>mentally thanking Meiling for her help, you make a note to do something nice for her later. Maybe pick a film she'd appreciate?

[X] Kung-Fu
>> No. 53750
[ ] The rocky horror picture show
>> No. 53751
[x] Noir
>> No. 53752
File 121780790930.jpg - (37.31KB , 333x475 , Shaft_Movie.jpg ) [iqdb]
53752
[X] Shaft
>> No. 53753
>>53748
I beleive they are true and fully possible, i already made similar things to this cake.
>> No. 53758
>>53746

You best be trolling.
>> No. 53759
>>53679

Call me stupid if you will, but about how many should this serve. I ask because I've been saving off all these recipes in the hopes of trying them out some time when I get up the nerve.
>> No. 53761
>>53759
The cake should serve around 6, but this of course depends on portion sizing. (most cakes, i find tend to be done for six-eight people on average unless otherwise specified)

>>53748
I refuse to answer this on the grounds that i may incriminate myself in some way.

The recipes, however, are tried and tested so should all be fine. (just, y'know, watch out for the usual things like ingedients people may be allergic to)
>> No. 53764
>>53761
Cirno cake for the next birthday I go to then. Fantastic.
>> No. 53766
/th/ - Food & Cooking
>> No. 53772
>>53764
Just remember one of the many golden rules of cooking:
Always, ALWAYS, cook it for yourself in private at least once before you do it for guests. That way they don't get to know about the fuckups you made the first time.
>> No. 53791
>>53772
Oh, I thought that was a given. I just figure if someone's actually made it before it's worth eating!
>> No. 53818
[x] Cold War propaganda

Introduce the girls to the wonders of the nuclear age.
>> No. 53873
[x] Casablanca

For some reason, I try and think of movie names, and all I get is the Read Or Die TV OP playing in my head.
>> No. 53881
File 121784511467.gif - (53.08KB , 400x301 , dandc_title_400.gif ) [iqdb]
53881
>>53818
Considering that little bombing run should still be on everyone's minds, I think one film in particular would be quite helpful in this occasion.
>> No. 53886
[x] Disney's "Alice in Wonderland"
>> No. 53895
[x] "Schindler's List"

Humans are the real monsters. Not Youkai.
>> No. 53896
I don't think we want to show them the horrors of humanity. At least not all at once. Seriously, people.

Have you forgotton the purpose of this movie? It's to lighten the mood. Not make people get depressed or go on a rampage.
>> No. 53897
[x] The Wizard of Oz

Think about it. Its perfect.
>> No. 53913
>>53896
>go on a rampage.

I think they've shown they're perfectly capable of this already.

Showing something fun is just asking for Marisa run out and imitate it.
>> No. 53925
>>53913
I don't think Marisa would actually kill somebody after seeing a noir film.
>> No. 53926
>>53897
Good movie for a bunch of girls who haven't seen one before.

[x] Wizard of Oz.
>> No. 53927
>>53926
Damn, this is a really good idea.

[x] Wizard of Oz

The hell with noir.
>> No. 53929
[x] Wizard of Oz
>> No. 53930
[Q] Wizard of Oz
Yes. I think everyone will love this.
>> No. 53933
♪ Ding, dong, the witch is dead~
>> No. 53935
>>53933
Which old witch?
The Wicked Witch.
Ding dong the Black and White is dead.
>> No. 53936
The Wizard of Oz?

I predict that Marisa will either be bored to tears for most of it, or will be horribly offended and take it as a personal slight against her when she discovers we chose a movie where the witch melts at the end.
>> No. 53943
>>53936
You forgot the flying monkeys, dude. That'll keep everyone's attention.
>> No. 53950
>>53943

The girls are from a world of much more horrifying and intriguing things than that. They won't be phased. Hell, it'll probably bore Marisa.

That's why I'd like Noir, actually. Give them a good look at some of the culture of the outside world, instead of a look at some imagined world that could quite possibly be taken as offensive by someone as combative as Marisa.
>> No. 53953
>>53950
They're flying monkeys, dude. It doesn't matter what else you've seen or experienced, flying monkeys will keep your attention.
>> No. 53956
Meiling?

[x] Matrix
[x] Enter the Dragon.

She'll laugh so hard.
>> No. 53961
[x] Langoliers

Keine will like it.
>> No. 53966
[x]Raiders of the Lost Ark

Something for everyone!
>> No. 53967
>[X] Star Wars IV

lol jk

[X] Lord of The Rings

Should be close to Gensokyo in its fantasy setting. Though something with lots of heads falling can keep most of them interessing.

Heh, I just imagin Marisa laughing her ass off watching Harry Potter.
>> No. 53987
You've made your cases.

[X] Noir.
>> No. 54014
[X] Noir.
>> No. 54055
[x] Pulp Fiction
"What does Marcellus Wallace look like?"
[X] South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut.
"Shut your fucking face, Uncle Fucka!"
>> No. 54067
[x] Pulp Fiction

"I'm a mushroom laying motherfucker, motherfucker. Every time I touch brain, I'm superfly TNT, I'm the guns of the Navarone! In fact, why am I back here? You shouild be on brain details. I'm cleaning the front, and you pickin' up dis nigga's skull."
>> No. 54095
[x] Pulp Fiction
>> No. 54104
[x] Noir

Wizard of Oz, or any fantasy really, seems kind of pointless with this crowd. They come from - literally - the land of fairy tales and make-believe.

Pulp Fiction has too many references and way too much culture shock, you can't watch that shit as your FIRST MOVIE EVER. It would make no sense at all. Have they even seen a black person before?
>> No. 54141
>>54104
>Have they even seen a black person before?
I have wondered a long time about this, myself. I'm guessing not in person, though a few people might have seen some on material of one or another sort that Kourin has in stock.

>>54055
Hurf durf.
>> No. 54159
[x] Ran

In Japan, first movie, let's start with something not dubbed or with subtitles.
>> No. 54198
Why does the movie have to be live-action?

[X] Bambi
>> No. 54201
HARRY UP
>> No. 54204
>>54104
You have me (>>53880) swayed.

[x] Noir.
>> No. 54212
Noir wins.
Don't expect me to write immediately though, i have no idea how i'm gonna approach this one (So did not expect Noir... I was expecting action or kung fu or something, this needs some thought.)
>> No. 54217
>>54212
See, this is why you should present us with options at these times. Anon has that tendency to come up with unusual things, as you can see.
>> No. 54319
File 121799431312.jpg - (31.66KB , 325x325 , wicked.jpg ) [iqdb]
54319
>>53936
She doesn't die.
>> No. 54761
UP TO THE TOP.
>> No. 54802
[X] Godzilla: Final Wars

GRONK
>> No. 55220
You watch as the girls begin to make their way upstairs. Meiling had seen a movie before? That had been an unexpected little revelation, although given what she said about it involving a piano she had probably only seen one before movies had their own audio tracks. That meant that... actually you weren't entirely sure what that meant - you didn't exactly know when films started getting audio but you do know that they had it around the time of the war...

And that was a good hundred years ago almost.

Which meant that...

You shudder slightly at the implication of how old Meiling was, over a hundred years at least. A second shudder follows that when you consider that Letty and Komachi are even older given what you know about them. It's one thing to be aware that they may have been older, but after Meiling's little description of what must have been a silent film, the reality of that little fact is becoming a touch more apparent. Sure Letty had talked about meeting with Samurai but, well, that was far enough back that the scope of her age was simply too large to register. Meiling however had effectively just admitted to being older than your grandfather - hell, possibly even older than whoever your great-grandparents could have been.

Older than your grandfather... that was creepy. Compared to that Letty and Komachi would be... mummies probably, or fossils. That was creepy too, but ultimately something you simply couldn't envision at all. It was weird, that someone over a hundred was creepier in some ways than someone who was easily over a thousand.

Shaking your head to get such thoughts out of it you wait for Renko and Letty to finish clearing up. As they do you follow them upstairs, stopping only to pop into your room and grab a handful of dvd films off of a shelf there. Surely something in that bunch would be suitable to show to the girls. Waking up to the second floor you check through the handful to see what you actually grabbed... Crap, Crap, 'Wizard of Oz' - you consider that one for a moment before discarding it, you really didn't feel like having to explain that everything in that film wasn't real and you weren't entirely certain how Marisa was likely to take the wicked witch being melted. Probably best not to chance it. Crap, more Crap, Crap, Porn, Cra- You pause and go back one. Porn? You didn't even know you had any porn dvds, much less this one! Glancing around to make sure no-one saw it, you slip open the door to one of the unoccupied bedrooms and throw the dvd in before closing the door. Hopefully you'd be able to retrieve it later, and wouldn't have to have any of your guests see it at all.

As you climbed the stairs to the top floor, the pron dvd safely disposed of, you check the last film you had grabbed. The Maltese Falcon. Not one that was exactly to your tastes but... Well, Noir wasn't too far from reality really, even if it was a reality that was a more than few decades out of date. It'll have to do for now.

By the time you reach the presentation room you find, to your surprise, that Renko has had the stuffy chairs stacked up in one corner and a bunch of beanbags and the like pulled out from... actually. You're not sure where from, most of the furniture in the place had been pre-supplied after all, she had probably found them while snooping around while you were out with Komachi and Meiling. Wherever she had found the things she'd had them dragged out here to pile across the floor, where the girls had flopped down into them with varying degrees of 'flopping'. “Miss Keine,” you say, smiling slightly, “It's okay to relax in here - you don't have to sit up straight like that. Besides, you'll get cramp by the time the film is finished if you stay like that through it.”

Over in the other corner of the room, on a small rack, is a collection of electronics. A dvd player, a vcr, a docking bay for your laptop, all things which were hooked up to the single great projector hanging from the ceiling. Smirking you flip the light switch, plunging the room into darkness with only a squeal of surprise from Marisa. “Hey!” She yells, “What's the big idea!”

“Just watch,” you reply, pressing down on the power button to the visual apparatus. Immediately a low hum starts emanating from the projector and, a few seconds later, it lights up and blasts a blinding light above everyone's heads and into the screen-covered wall opposite. There is a pause as the light flickers several times, before forming into a large rectangular blue screen - the words 'Standby OK' flashing white in the top corner. Marisa 'oooh's in admiration before turning in her sitting spot t look at you in the dim light. “So, this like some kind of shadow puppet show?” She asks, “'cause i've seen the best of the best of them, so this had better be good!”

“It's better than puppets.” Meiling murmurs from beside her, “You'll see.”

You fumble with the dvd in the gloom for a few moments until, with a faint whirr, the player accepts it and starts to spin up. Moments later the screen goes black, then white... and then, stuff happens - much to the shock of the girls.
>> No. 55221
As the film winds down to a close you pull yourself out of your spot and stretch slightly. Pins and needles race down one leg as you realize you've been sitting on it for the best part of an hour now. Grimacing you hobble over to the corner of the room and fumble with the lightswitch until it clicks on. The girls, from the minute the film had begun, had all been pretty silent - with only the occasional whisper passing between them.

“I didn't get it.” Marisa moans as she rubs at her eyes, looking distinctly tired. “They had the statue thingie... but it wasn't the statue thingie, then everyone got in trouble?”

“I think...” Keine speaks up, “They were trying to steal the statue... only it was never the real statue in the first place, so they got tricked by the people they thought they were going to trick and steal from... I think.” She looks up at you and frowns, “Are all of these 'moo-vies' this confusing?” she asks, “I really don't see how these could be entertainment if they need so much thinking about.”

“Er,” you begin, “not all movies are like this, some are all about action or romance and some are funny... and some are scary. There are lots of different movies, as many movies as stories people can come up with I guess.”

“Really?” The silver-haired woman asks, her expression perking up slightly, “Will we get more chances to see these moo-vies?” You consider it for a moment, then nod an affirmative. It's not like there were any other particularly pressing plans for anything else to do in the evening.

“Yeah,” you say, “I don't see any problem with that - we can probably have a movie night each night if we don't have anything better to do I suppose.” The girls nod between themselves and you stretch to work out the kinks from sitting down so long. “For tonight though, getting some rest is probably the best idea. I don't really know what everyone's going to be doing tomorrow, but I think Renko is probably heading off tomorrow morning, right?” Renko nods. And you sigh, having her around has been helpful, but she does have a business to run after all. “You guys can leave the pillows and stuff there for now if you want, I can clear them up if I need to use this room or leave them if I don't.”

The girls nod and begin standing up, an act accompanied by a variety of groans and winces from cramped limbs and pins and needles before they begin filing out of the room and heading off - some straight to their rooms, others off to make some tea first. Renko however waits until the others have left before she approaches you.

“How bad was it?” She asks at last, to which you look at her and sigh.

“Bad enough,” you whisper, “Look... You and Maribel have a few contacts in the media, right? Like, ah, whats-her-name from the journalism club, I heard she became a reporter or something.”

“Maki?” Renko asks, “Well, it's mainly Maribel who knows her, not me, why do you ask?”

You look at her and sigh, “Because this is going to go public sooner or later, and it would be nice if I could get some warning before the media makes Gensokyo into major news - I figure I'll be wanting everyone to lie low for a while when that happens.”

“Worried about him finding out huh?” She says, “Still, I don't blame you - your family scare the hell out of me. Your father was bad enough, total loony, but your grandfather? I can see why you don't want him paying a visit anytime soon.”

“I don't want him paying a visit, ever. Or Father. Or any of my uncles, cousins or anyone else who wants to put blind faith above rational science for that matter.” You mutter, causing Renko to glance down at the floor in shame.

“Still hurts, huh?” She whispers, “I... Look, Shiki, I know it may not mean much coming from me but... look after yourself, alright? Don't keep worrying about the things you can't control - If I were you, I'd embrace this - live this opportunity to the full, you know? Because you don't know how long it will last.”

Theres a pause, then she smirks at you in a sly fashion, “Besides, this place has a mixed onsen out back - don't tell me that doesn't excite you a little.”

You stare at her. Actually you hadn't even thought about the onsen as you never used it while you were on your own, preferring to use the shower attached to your room. But not you thought about it... you...

Hey. Wait a second.

“RENKO!” You yell, your face red at the now realized implications of her statement - but she's gone, leaving only a soft giggle behind as you hear her racing down the stairs at the end of the corridor. You sigh and let yourself fall slack slightly, hunching over in a combination of exasperation and embarrassment. You smile, “Thanks,” you whisper as you pull yourself up and get back to shutting everything down for the night.



March 7th, 2012, end.

Days remaining until programme completion - 137
>> No. 55222
You wake up. Not the most memorable of beginnings to a day, but frankly, who cared? Mechanically you pull yourself out of bed, stagger off to get showered, then stagger back and get dressed, idly noting the growing pile of clothes in the clothes basket stationed in the corner of your room. Probably time to do the laundry you reckon.

Stretching once to get the last of the sleep out of your system you head off to the kitchen, passing Keine and Komachi in the dining room on the way. Inside the kitchen you're surprised to find a cup of tea offered to you by Meiling - not your usual wake-up drink, but it would do for now. “Thanks” you mumble, only to yawn and stretch again.

So... what the hell were you going to do today?

[ ] Group activity - WRITE IN
[ ] Go see a girl - PICK GIRL
>> No. 55227
[x] Group activity - Play Doctor.

eh? EH?
>> No. 55229
[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa

We've been neglecting Marisa.
>> No. 55235
[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa

black white moe~
>> No. 55236
Angry, did you mix up the choice on purpose? Anon meant this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noir_%28anime%29

Well, it turned out kinda okay, I guess.

[+] Group activity - Go out for breakfast
[+] Go see a girl - Marisa
>> No. 55238
>>55236

He said pick a movie genre, not a movie/series.
>> No. 55239
>>55236
I can't even tell if you're joking, and that makes me sad.

[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa
>> No. 55252
[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa
>> No. 55258
[~ze] Group activity - Go to the park
[~ze] Go see a girl - Marisa
>> No. 55260
File 121834381823.jpg - (51.31KB , 350x320 , 120728864526.jpg ) [iqdb]
55260
You better give someone enough attention so there won't be any pent up frustration when the next full moon comes.
>> No. 55266
>>55260
Keine is ugly.
>> No. 55269
>>55266
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
YOU SHUT IT AND YOU NEVER OPEN IT AGAIN
>> No. 55270
>>55266
BLASPHEMY!
>> No. 55272
>>55269
>>55270

Troll trolled you two hard.
>> No. 55273
File 121834698513.png - (460.84KB , 1024x1024 , 1186830662913.png ) [iqdb]
55273
>>55266
>> No. 55275
File 121834712389.jpg - (144.17KB , 386x650 , 1216136655979.jpg ) [iqdb]
55275
>>55272
Thank you for noticing.

I actually really like Keine, but the opportunity was too good to pass up.
>> No. 55280
File 121834887154.jpg - (38.49KB , 448x447 , 1202852053427.jpg ) [iqdb]
55280
>>55275
Keine disapproves of your faggotry.
>> No. 55289
File 121835141652.jpg - (106.20KB , 400x452 , Keine5.jpg ) [iqdb]
55289
>>55266
>> No. 55290
>>55280
The more I love the more I hurt.
>> No. 55320
[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa

Keine doesn't -need- attention, she's been well behaved, we can work on her once we have the unruly sheep of our flock dealt with.
>> No. 55322
[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa
>> No. 55323
File 121838617417.jpg - (384.92KB , 685x850 , 1fdd2f71a1ef303233b83914fb1ed5fb.jpg ) [iqdb]
55323
[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa
>> No. 55338
[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa

Workin' on resolvin' some of our differences.

That way she won't get in the way later when we're trying to woo Letty.
>> No. 55345
File 121839915420.jpg - (109.87KB , 400x1300 , HUGEHITBOXHUGEGUTS.jpg ) [iqdb]
55345
>>55338
Agreed'd.

[X] Group activity - Go to the park
[X] Go see a girl - Marisa
>> No. 55537
Updaaaates.
>> No. 55560
Updates occur when i feel up to writan, i've seen enough writefags burn out after trying to keep pace with anon to think that i would be able to do so.
Park won BTW, as did Marisa.
>> No. 55849
Today would probably be a good day to take it easy. You didn't have anywhere in particular you wanted to go, not really, so you figured that maybe you should take the girls to one of the city parks and just... well, take it easy. If the girls found something to do while you were there? Well, that should be fine.

With this in mind you rustle up a pack of cereal from on of the kitchen cupboards, pour yourself a bowl then dump some milk in. As you're about to take your first bite of the delicious sugar coated chocolate-y goodness that is your favorite - and probably also the least healthy - breakfast cereal in the world, you notice Meiling snatching up the packet.

“Hmm?” You mumble, mouth full of milk and sugar, “Mmm hmm?”

“What is this?” She asks, putting her hand in and pulling out some of the contents. “This doesn't look very tasty...” Suspiciously she pops one of the chocolate cereal pieces in her mouth and chews thoughtfully. Swallowing she looks at what's left in her hand. “Eh.” She goes, before downing them in one go, chewing for a bit then swallowing again.”Not too bad I guess,”

“It tastes better with milk,” You point out now that your own mouth is empty. “If you want some, help yourself.” Meiling nods and reaches into the pack for another handful of the cereal, ignoring your advice she simply downs them dry and shrugs at you. Smirking slightly you step past her and head back to the dining table to eat your breakfast.


Some time later, after everyone had eaten, you found yourself pulling into a parking space on the outskirts of the big town park. Only four people were in this car - Yourself, Letty, Meiling and Komachi. Both Keine and Marisa had elected to ride in Renko's car, which was even now pulling up alongside you. Gathering everyone, except Renko, on the grass verge next to the car parking spaces you wave to the girl in the black car as she starts to reverse out. While you would be heading off to entertain the girls, she was going to return to her store as, after all, it couldn't run itself. With luck she would be coming around to visit again over the weekend, but as she had said it wasn't too likely that she would be able to - still, you did hope she could as having a 'normal' friend around did make things so much easier on you.

To your surprise both Letty and Keine wave the girl off, while the other three - aside from a quick wave to be polite - don't seem to be too worried by her leaving. Evidently Renko had got on better with the girls you had left behind yesterday than you had thought. You file this away in the back of your mind, if Renko was okay it may even be possible for you to ask her to 'look after' the girls if you had an emergency to deal with or if you wanted to spend some time with one of them - like taking Keine to a museum as you had offered before. That, however, was something for another day - right now you had five girls, a park, and several hours to kill before it got dark.

“Hey,” you say, causing them to all look at you, “Who's up for some ice cream?”


Taking a lick of your own ice cream cone (banana and chocolate, your favorite - though you won't admit that in public) you follow the girls at a leisurely pace as they race around the park. Given today is a school day, there aren't many children around nor for that matter are there many adults. To one side, in the shade of a tree, you see a group of elderly people going through various tai chi routines - at least you assume it's tai chi, it could be anything for all you know. There's a flash of red hair in the crowd there and you blink in surprise before looking around. Evidently it seems that Meiling has split off from you, wandered over there herself and had apparently joined in without any trouble at all. You smile slightly, at least she would probably have some fun over there.

Letty and Komachi to have drifted towards a tree, though this time the both of them are intent on napping in the shade. You feel a bit guilty for Letty, it's not exactly cool out - but you had rather smartly brought several thermos flasks of ice-water for emergencies. Letty had one, as did Keine, and there were two more in the back of your car. They weren't going to last long, but you figured that in their thermos flasks the water should stay cold long enough to get Letty back to the car and its air-conditioning should anything happen.

That left you with both Keine and Marisa, one of which you didn't expect to cause any trouble and the other... You twitched slightly and veered towards Marisa. You had no illusions about your ability to stop her should she do anything problematic but hopefully by sticking with her you could at least prevent her from doing anything problematic in the first place. “Hey!” You go, hoping that your cheerful greeting will get her attention.

It does, but she doesn't exactly react as you had expected her to. Instead she just grunts and rubs at one eye with the back of her hand, after a while of you following her she stops, turns, and glares at you. “What?” She demands, her voice grouchy. Looking closer you spot two dark rings under her eyes, and the telltale red marks in the corner of her eyes which indicate a chronic lack of sleep.

“Er... Are you okay?” You ask, your original line of inquiry forgotten thanks to Marisa's appearance. “You look kinda... tired.”

“”m not tired!” The girl declares, stamping her foot. “'m bored! There's nothing here to do at all!” she rubs at her eyes again and you sigh. She's definitely lacking in sleep, but given how dangerous she is when happy - you decide not to press the issue while she's irritable. Still, she's right - there isn't too much for her to do here, she's too active to want to relax, but not active - or interested - enough to try joining in with Meiling.

“Look,” you say, “You think you can put up with it for an hour maybe? Then we'll go visit someplace nearby - that should be more interesting, right?”

“An hour!” She whines, “What am I gonna do for an hour! This place is booooring!”

“Well, uh,” you begin, trying to think of something, “Maybe you could... um...”

[ ] Play with me?
[ ] Show me about magic?
[ ] Go look around the park gardens?
[ ] Play a prank on someone?
[ ] Other - write in

Yeah, updates are slow for now since i have crap sucking up all my time and i'm planning this unexpected stuff as i go along (and making DAMN SURE it fits with everything). Wait until we hit something i have pre-planned, then they should speed up.
>> No. 55850
[X] Play with me?

Magic in public is not a good idea.
>> No. 55851
[ ] Play with me?
>> No. 55852
>>55849
>Wait until we hit something i have pre-planned, then they should speed up.

Oh ho, can't wait for Govanon's father to show up.

[X] Play with me?
>> No. 55853
[x] Play with me?
[x] Show me about magic?

Be bold.
>> No. 55861
[x] Play with me?
[x] Show me about magic?
>> No. 55868
[x] Play with me?
[x] Show me about magic?
>> No. 55901
[x] Play Magic with me?
>> No. 55921
[x] Tell me about the awesome feats of magic you've done.

Come on, Marisa. You know you want to boast.
>> No. 55922
>>55921

Good thinking. Let the braggart brag.

[x] Tell me about the awesome feats of magic you've done.
>> No. 55925
[x] Tell me about the awesome feats of magic you've done.
>> No. 55928
[x] Tell me about the awesome feats of magic you've done.
>> No. 55937
[x] Tell me about the awesome feats of magic you've done.
>> No. 55952
[x] Tell me about the awesome feats of magic you've done.
>> No. 55961
[x] Tell me about the awesome feats of magic you've done.
>> No. 55965
[x] Tell me about the awesome feats of magic you've done.
>> No. 56029
File 12189587234.jpg - (27.43KB , 320x240 , 1185831686067.jpg ) [iqdb]
56029
>>55852
>Oh ho, can't wait for Govanon's father to show up.
I keep reading that as Giovanni.

And then things get kind of crazy, inside my head.
>> No. 56331
File 121928613747.jpg - (97.94KB , 640x480 , Marisa-imagine.jpg ) [iqdb]
56331
“I guess...” You flounder for a moment before a spark of inspiration hits you. “You can do, ah, magic and stuff right?” You ask, causing Marisa to stare at you and nod.

“I see you're a master of the obvious.” she grumbles, but falls silent again allowing you to continue.

“Hey,” you protest, “I'm still not exactly sold on this whole 'magic' thing so...” looking down at Marisa you sigh. “Sell it to me.”

“Huh?” The girl looks at you in confusion, “Sell what to you? Since when was I selling stuff? Do I look like a shopkeeper to you?” You laugh, causing her to glare at you until you raise your hands in surrender.

Still smirking slightly you do your best to explain, “That's not what I meant!” you get out in between snorts of laughter you can't quite keep down. “I mean, tell me about magic. Tell me about the awesome stuff you do with it.”

Marisa looks at you curiously for a few moments. “You really want to know?” she asks, you nod in reply - only to be more than a little creeped out when she develops a starstruck look. “Awesome...” she breaths, before snapping up into an upright dramatic pose, “Prepare to be amazed!” She declares, “By my awesome tales of me being awesome!” She pauses then brings her hand up to rub her chin in thought. “Where to start though?” She murmurs, “I don't want your brain to explode from too much awesome after all... maybe I should start with something small? Like... yeah! My victory over the evil magician thief Alice!”

You get the feeling that perhaps people usually didn't entertain her 'awesome tales of her being awesome' and you suspect it's because they're more hot air than truth... but you did ask her to tell you one, so you sighed and prepared for the worst.

"So! Let me enlighten you to my awesome battle with the nefarious doll using psychopathic thief and her multitudinous army of gigantic killer dolls!” As Marisa gears up you sit yourself down on the grass and watch as she starts to act out her story. “Alice is a doll using magician, and her dolls are all nine feet tall and covered in blades and lances and knives and... and... and other sharp things! And they can all shoot beams! And danmaku! And they can fly! But they were no match for ME!”

Giant killer dolls. Riiiiight... Given what you've seen, using dolls as weapons didn't seem impossible - but being nine feet tall? Covered in weapons? Marisa was obviously exaggerating, but she was doing such a good job of acting out the story that, before you know it she's gathered a crowd of elderly people who are smiling and cheering along with her. Looking around in surprise you spot Meiling and realize that this group was the same group she had been practicing with not that long ago.
>> No. 56332
File 121928618810.jpg - (417.76KB , 1194x1716 , Alice-evildoll.jpg ) [iqdb]
56332
“Alice went left, her shanghai and hourai dolls following as I dodged the attacks of the london dolls she left behind -” Marisa leaped into the air and dived to one side before landing in a roll, then suddenly rolling back and jumping into a mid-air somersault. An impressive move, if you weren't so sure she had cheated using her ability to fly to pull it off. The old folks seemed to like it, clapping at the move and causing Marisa to give a small bow as she continued. “they were no match for me, dodging and weaving to avoid them and their deadly magic blasts!” She hopped up into the air and waved Meiling over. The red-head pointed to herself in confusion, but quickly stood up and circled around to where Marisa was. “Her london dolls defeated I went to face the evil doll-master herself!” She pointed dramatically at Meiling, who looked as surprised as everyone else as to her new role in this little drama. “Shanghai and Hourai at her sides, she would be a terrible opponent to face! But I had a plan! Alice spent all her time, when she wasn't causing trouble, sitting in a dark room making new and more terrible dolls! Surely her agility would be inferior to mine due to her constant inactivity!”

Suddenly, without warning she rushes at Meiling, who steps back in shock. For a moment you think Marisa is going to collide, but then you see meiling's eyes set and her hands twitch. As Marisa closes she leaps into the air, “I launched myself into the air!” she yelled, “Surely I could surprise my enemy with an aerial assault! But she was faster than I thought!” Meiling swings one arm out in a wide circle, the crowd giving a slight 'ooh' as they realize that her hand is simulating a doll diving for Marisa. You yourself gasp as, thanks to her leap, Marisa's foot touches down on Meiling's hand - causing the muscles in the redheads arm to barely strain at the sudden weight. Moments later and Marisa was airborne again, leaping over her opponent's head in a stunning display only to land behind her as Meiling staggered forwards in surprise, a surprise you were sure was an act. Marisa turned, pointed at Meiling and... “Boom!” She declared, making a little shooting motion with her hand. “And so the villain falls!” Unsurprisingly the chinese youkai mimed falling to her knees, then to the ground. The brightly-clad witch however stood up and raised both arms into the air like a boxer “And it's my awesome victory!”

The applause, from the gathered crowd, is loud enough to make you jump in surprise. Only a hand on your shoulder stops you from joining in however. Turning back to see the owner of the hand you realise that Keine, along with Letty and Komachi, have also come over to see Marisa's performance.

“Energetic, isn't she?” Murmurs the scholarly lady. “Although I didn't quite expect her to put on quite so... entertaining a performance. I take it you are aware that she has elaborated somewhat? Alice isn't as bad as she makes out - I understand they're rather more like friends than enemies in fact.”

“I thought it might be something like that,” You reply, “I think I'm getting a feel for life in Gensokyo now, well, little bits of it at least.” You glance at Marisa and smile slightly. “I think she should be allowed to bask in the adoration of her crowd for a bit before we move on, don't you? She seems to have earned it.” Marisa, it seems, is happily accepting various compliments from the older crowd, many of whom seem to have believed the entire thing was some kind of street theater. You'd let them fuss over her a little more, then see about maybe taking the girls off for a bite to eat and something to do.

Lunch would be pretty easy to get, there were a few yatai-style sellers you could see from here - probably set up to catch the old people who finished their martial arts no doubt - and it wouldn't be any trouble to go get something to eat at one of them. Afterwards however... well, you didn't want to go too far from the park. You knew that in the south was a small Zoo, nothing too impressive but they did have a few creatures you figured the girls might not know. Aside from that there was also the local shinto shrine, bordering the north edge of the park - you weren't too keen on going there as it reminded you a little too much about... certain things... but you weren't exactly sure how religious the girls were so it might be an idea to at least swing by there. Lastly were the park gardens, next to the zoo the stretched up along the east - almost all the way up to the shrine in fact. You've never been too into plants so you don't exactly know what they're like but... it was still and idea. Of course, failing all else, you could just stay in the park for a while longer.

[ ] Stay in the park
[ ] Head to the Zoo
[ ] Head to the shrine
[ ] Check out the gardens
>> No. 56333
[X] Head to the Zoo
>> No. 56334
[ ] Head to the Zoo
>> No. 56335
>- you weren't too keen on going there as it reminded you a little too much about... certain things...

Character development option

[x] Compliment Meiling on being a capable actress.
[x] Head to the shrine.
>> No. 56336
[X] Head to the Zoo
>> No. 56337
[Q] Head to the Zoo
>> No. 56338
[ ] Check out the gardens
>> No. 56339
energetic moe~
>> No. 56340
[+] Head to the Zoo
No real garden-lovers in this group.
>> No. 56346
[+] Head to the Zoo
>> No. 56530
[♪] Head to the Zoo.
I'm having hilarious scenes coming into my mind... "Hey miss! What are you doing inside the Penguin exhibit? You're going to freeze to death in there!" and of course, "NO MARISA DON'T SHOOT THE LIONS!"
>> No. 56531
File 121933400539.gif - (3.46KB , 188x133 , giegue.gif ) [iqdb]
56531
[x] Head to the Zoo
>> No. 56532
[ ] Stay in the park
Lets talk about nothing.

[ ] Head to the Zoo
Lets talk about animal youkai.

[ ] Head to the shrine
Lets talk about Hakurei, Moriya, and Anon's awkward family.

[ ] Check out the gardens
Lets talk about Yuuka.

[ ] Rent a hotel room.
Lets talk about sex (this option brought to you by Salt 'N Pepa)
>> No. 56533
[x] Compliment Meiling on being a capable actress.
[x] Head to the shrine.
>> No. 56546
[x] Head to the shrine.

The zoo is quite tempting, as it would be a reasonable choice to entertain.... But the meta-gamer in me is curious what info we'll be tossed after going to the shrine.
>> No. 56557
[x] Head to the shrine.

I demand drama!
>> No. 56558
[X] Head to the Zoo
>> No. 56604
[x] Head to your bedroom

Come on! Touhous in our house, how can we not take advantage of them!
>> No. 56632
[ ] Head to the shrine
>> No. 56975
[♧] Compliment Meiling on being a capable actress.
[♧] Head to the shrine
>> No. 57045
>>56604
By being physically weaker and unable to fly?
>> No. 57092
>>57045
And we can no shoot magickal bullets and beams
>> No. 57184
[Y] Head to the shrine
>> No. 57480
Staying here with little to do is, you feel, just asking for trouble sooner or later. As such you figure it's better to head somewhere else for now in order to keep the girls - or Marisa at least - entertained. The gardens didn't really seem suitable for her, or indeed any of the other girls and the less said about the shrine the better. Sure it wasn't the one your father ran but... Well, you were certain the girls would notice your discomfort and ask awkward questions about things you really didn't like thinking about. The zoo, on the other hand, seemed almost perfect. The mix of creatures there would hopefully keep the girls interested as you were fairly sure most of them would be completely new to the girls.

“Hey,” you call as the last of Marisa's audience makes their way off. “How do you girls feel about animals?” Most of them look at you strangely for a moment before Keine speaks out.

“Animals? I don't believe many of us have any particular attachment, or dislike, of them.” She frowns slightly, “Why do you ask?”

“Oh! I know!” Meiling cries, bouncing on her toes, “There's a zoo!” You blink in surprise and nod, it seems to be a constant surprise that Meiling has actual knowledge of the outside world - or at least a knowledge that is more coherent than the random bits and pieces the others seem to know. “I haven't been to a zoo in...” She pauses, “Hmmm... Not since I visited one with...” She trails off and you notice she's developed a somewhat dejected look, “... it was a long time ago.” she finishes lamely, obviously now trying to avoid the subject she's stumbled into. The other girls are staring at Meiling in surprise, evidently they didn't seem to know she was quite so knowledgeable either especially considering her earlier knowledge of movies.

“How the heck do you know so much!?” yells Marisa, glaring at the chinese girl. You wave her down, even though you want to know the answer yourself.

“I don't think that really matters right now Marisa,” you say, “I'm sure Miss Meiling will tell us when she wants to - and that's all we need to know. Still, she is right, I was going to bring you all to a zoo as it's probably the best way for you all to learn a bit about the nature of the world.” You pause, then smirk at the witch, “Besides, I'm sure you'll enjoy the awesome dangerous animals there.” Given how her eyes light up at the word 'dangerous' you're probably right too.

Nearby Keine smirks slightly, evidently a little impressed by your not-so-subtle manipulation of the energetic blond. Komachi and Letty remain silent, though you spot a slight glare from the lavender-haired woman aimed at Meiling though why, this time, you have no idea. You know Letty is apparently a bit jealous of the chinese girl, but you can't quite pin down exactly why this is despite having a few suspicions. Still, it seemed to be a low key thing, something to be aware of but not worry about unless it got worse.

“Anyone have any objections?” You ask, only to be met with silence. “... Okay then. Zoo it is.”



The line for tickets at the entrance was, thanks to it being a school day, short. As a bonus the zoo was also pretty empty, only a few people here and there along with the odd school party on a trip. The first port of call, at your insistence, had been the lunch park - a small field covered with benches and tables and surrounded by a number of food sellers. Having ordered and eaten already everyone was clustered around one table looking with interest at the zoo map you had spread out on it. “Okay,” you say pointing at the picnic area on the map, “We're here, the entrance we came through is here, and all these other places have different animals like, uh,” You pick one at random and point at it, “an apiary, where the exotic birds are kept. There's also a nocturnal cave - for animals that like the night and a reptile house for lizards and snakes.” You pause and think for a second, “Probably not a good idea for you to go in there Letty, reptiles tend to like being in hot places so the entire building will likely be far too hot for you.” The woman nods in agreement and you feel glad that one potential disaster has been avoided already. “Lets see... we have quite a few other places to go, but I think we should start our little trip...”

[ ] Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.
[ ] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.
[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
[ ] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.
[ ] Looking in on the Bugs and Butterflies at the 'Insectarium'.


Pick ONE. No Write Ins Allowed this time.
Similar to the supermarket, anon will only get to see a few places.
3 choices remaining.
>> No. 57482
[ ] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.
>> No. 57483
[Q] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.

Because they are awesome. I bet we can visit some of the others later.
>> No. 57484
[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
>> No. 57487
[~] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.

However, I would like to go to Kenya at some point for the HOLY CRAP LIONS! Tours.

When can see the Mega Animals and comment on their horns/tusks for Keine. I'm sure she'd enough that...

Oh Letty. What you we going to do with you? She needs to control her jealousy and knock that shit off thought I was going to say "chill~" didn't you?
>> No. 57488
[x] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.

With Letty showing signs of being interested in us, spending some time with her is probably a good idea.
>> No. 57490
[X] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.
>> No. 57491
[X] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.

I don't think we'll have any chances to slip away from the others, or I'd suggest taking everyone around, letting them go where they want, then taking Letty with us alone. Quality time with the beautiful snow queen must be had.
>> No. 57492
[ ] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.
>> No. 57509
[ ] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.

After that, since it will obviously win, we can do this:
[ ] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.
[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.

It will impress them, trust me, they've never seen anything as big as an Elephant that's not a youkai, and the lions stay last so we will get in the car.
>> No. 57513
[x] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.

Letty~

>[ ] Looking in on the Bugs and Butterflies at the 'Insectarium'.

Obvious Wriggle option, too bad there is no obvious Wriggle. :<
>> No. 57514
[♧] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
>> No. 57517
>>57513
Wriggle would probably break them out to
1) And the new and interesting bugs to her swarm
2) Set them free after being appalled at their captivity.
>> No. 57518
[X] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.
>> No. 57533
[x] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.

MEGA ANIMAL. 'nuff said.
>> No. 57560
[ ] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.
>> No. 57565
[+] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
Birds first, as some of them are tropical kinds who need a warm, moist environment. Follow it with the Arctic animals, then the Big Cats (dangerous, and more interesting than the "Mega Animals" since the big creatures are usually slow and boring) for a finale.
>> No. 57570
[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
>> No. 57604
[X] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.
>> No. 57614
>>57565
Big cats are usually slow and boring too. Layabouts, they are.

Hmmm, been a long time since I've been to a zoo. The most visibly active creatures I recall were the penguins, which were for some reason constantly swimming around like hamsters on a treadmill.
>> No. 57635
>[ ] Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.

Repeat of the 'Air Conditioner' incident.

>[ ] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.

Happy Letty, though this should probably be saved for middle or last.

>[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

Most likely going to result in a Marisa amazed by the colours, Also, Meiling + Rainbow colored stuff likely to be good.

>[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN~ Or something to that effect. Too bad there's no Ran. Likely to evoke some chen commentary from those who might have potentially met her, also Likely to have Kiene comments.

>[ ] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.

Marisa ends up being not very amazed. Elephants/horned animals get a response from Kiene. Probabaly need to hit both to get the Were Hataku bit.

>[ ] Looking in on the Bugs and Butterflies at the 'Insectarium'.

Lol Wriggle. Find out how grossed out the girls might be by insects/Wriggle stories from Letty.

So, I'm going to go with. . .
[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
>> No. 57639
[ x ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

>[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.

in after IT'S A LION.
>> No. 57677
[♪] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
Colorful display for them first. This makes them want to stay.

[♪] At the 'Arctic Adventure Area' to see Penguins and Polar Bears.
Before it gets too hot for Letty.

[♪] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
And of course, to make sure Marisa doesn't find it entirely boring.

In that order but I doubt it'll win anyways.
>> No. 57679
Since i'm feeling nice, i'll point out for those who missed it - Anon already warned Letty not to go into the reptile house because of the heat. Do you people really think i'd use a re-hash of the air-conditioner incident like that?

Anyway, Arctic looks like it won so we'll head there first.
>> No. 57700
>>57679
Yeah, but it's still the only section that one of them would have to stay behind for. If we aren't going everywhere, we'll skip that.
>> No. 58238
“... in the 'Arctic Adventure Area'.” You say, stabbing your finger down on the location in the map. “It says there are Penguins and Polar bears, which I don't think any of you are likely to have seen before. Plus it should be cold enough to give Miss Letty a boost for the rest of the day.” You frown as you remember the supermarket incident. “And if Letty knows where it is she can go back if she needs to cool off again.” Keine nods at that, obviously understanding your reasoning. Marisa, Komachi and Meiling don't look too impressed, but you can see that none of them have any major complaints with your decision.


The trip to the area doesn't take long, although several of the girls do pause to look at the few animal enclosures between there and the picnic area. Nothing too fancy, a few deer in one and a couple of llamas in another, with oxen happily wandering around on the other side of the pathway. The 'Arctic Adventure Area' itself was mostly outdoors except for a mid-sized dome-like enclosure which is located at the entrance. At first you worry that perhaps this wouldn't be as suitable for Letty as you thought - unlike the big zoo in the capital, this place didn't have the space nor the funding for a proper refrigerated enclosure bubble which would have recreated a colder environment for the animals inside to enjoy. Instead this was more like the older zoos where the animals stayed outside and only had a cooler area, separated from the main pen by a small entrance, in which to sleep in. Maybe, eventually, you could take everyone to the New Eden Zoo in the capital, but not until you could trust them all in somewhere as populated as that.

Leading the girls into the dome enclosure you shiver at the sudden blast of cold air from within. Although no-where near as cold as you would expect the real arctic to be, the sudden transition from the warm outside to the cold inside is still somewhat shocking. Looking around you see all the usual things you had expected to see, large colorful displays for children to look at inter-spaced between big glass panels. Approaching one you see a mid-sized pen dominated mainly by a pool of water and several faux-ice shelves. A flicker of movement draws your eye to a black and white shape pulling itself out of the water - a penguin. You hear a squeal and feel yourself falling to one side as someone pushes past and all but slams themselves up against the panel, fortunately you manage to catch yourself before you fall.

“Look!” Comes a squeal from your aggressor, who you instantly recognize as being Marisa. “Ahaha! It's a dumb-looking bird!”

“Hm. According to this is is a 'pen-go-in'.” You hear Keine muttering, evidently looking at the information panel next to the glass. “Although where this pen is supposed to go I have no ide... oh, wait, I see. This is a bird from far, far away - I suppose it must have been named in another language then.”

“Isn't it cruel to keep a bird where it has no space to fly?” Meiling speaks up and you realize that she too is now pressed up against the glass panel. Marisa merely snorts at her,

“They're dumb-birds!” She yells, “They're not even trying to fly!” She cackles and you grimace slightly as she tries to taunt one of the birds through the glass. “So dumb! So duuuuumb!”

“They don't need to.” You blink at the voice, Letty's, as you realize it's coming from below. Looking around you see a small balcony that overlooks a big glass pane, this one filled with the blue of an underwater view. Evidently the penguins had two viewing levels - one above and one below the waterline. Peering over the balcony you can just about see where Letty is standing under it. “I never knew such creatures existed,” you hear her whisper, “That could live in the ice and snow of an endless winter so freely.”

“What d'you mean they don't need to fly!?” Marisa yells down, “all birds are supposed to fl...” She pauses as one of the Penguins comes shooting out of the water at speed. “...y.... That was awesome!” She squealed, “Make it do it again!”

“Swimming birds,” Keine mutters, looking up from the information panel. “They fly underwater, how very strange.”

“Stranger than girls who can fly? Than youkai? Than magic?” you ask, causing Keine to blush slightly.

“Point taken,” she murmurs, then turns away to look at a different display. “Hrm... what is a 'po-loor bear' I wonder?” At the mention of a bear both Marisa and Meiling perk up and rush over to have a look inside. Evidently the bear must be outside as you see Marisa complain, only to have Meiling point at the exit. The two leave in an excited rush, followed by both Keine and Komachi at a more sedate pace. You turn to see Letty coming up the stairs to the lower viewing room, she's smiling slightly and nods at you.

“I have never seen such creatures before,” She states, “but... “ she pauses, looking a little embarrassed, “where... where do they live?” she asks, “I understand that this 'zoo' is where animals live to be viewed but, animals like these - who live in an eternal winter... Where is such a place?”

You look at her and smile slightly. “In the north,” you say, “and in the south.”

“But how can any place be winter all year?” protests the lavender-haired woman, “Winter absolutely must give way to spring, or else everything would go wrong!”

Shaking your hear slightly you place one hand on Letty's shoulder in what you hope is a reassuring gesture. “No place is,” you say at last, “but there are places which are so cold that even in summer they are full of ice and snow, that's where these animals live.” before she can protest again you cut her off, “Just the same there are places which are roasting hot and filled with blinding sun even in the middle of winter, so everything all balances out I guess.”

Letty seems to calm down at that and nods thoughtfully. “Thats... so strange.” She says at last, “To think such places exist.” she smiles slightly, “one day, perhaps, I will be able to visit them - well, the cold ones at least.”

“Ah,” you nod. “One day, perhaps.”

Pick the next visit: 2 choices remaining
[ ] Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.
[ ] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
[ ] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
[ ] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.
[ ] Looking in on the Bugs and Butterflies at the 'Insectarium'.

Yeah, yeah. It's late. So sue me, i've been EMO lately (shoot me) and that's hung it up.
>> No. 58240
[ ] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.

After that, it's the lions.
>> No. 58241
[X] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.
>> No. 58242
[Q] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.

Big things are impressive.
>> No. 58243
[X] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

Big things are boring~
>> No. 58244
[X] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'.

Flashy!
>> No. 58246
>>58243

Eh, no.

[X] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.

Remember, there are no Rhinos/Elephants in Gensokyo, and big things are more impressive than small things, at least at first sight
>> No. 58250
[ ] Go look at the bats and other nighttime creatures at 'Nocturnal Nirvana'

Hey China, does your master turn into bats? Are they as cute as....THIS! (what, bats are cute)

Sadly a simulated full moon is not possible. But thats ok, we Keine-fags are patient.

...

[x] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.
>> No. 58251
File 122038098253.jpg - (51.85KB , 385x640 , 9f8c0c6135eba303f5f22cfa18389a5e.jpg ) [iqdb]
58251
That went even better than I expected.

[x] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.
Birds suck.
>> No. 58252
[x] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.
>> No. 58253
[X] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.
[X] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.

Whichever of the two has more votes in the end.
Marisa thinks birds are boring, and she's the one we need to be the most careful with right now. Did you see how she reacted to the word "bear"?
>> No. 58254
[X] Going to see the excellent plumage on offer at the 'Thousand Birds Apiary'
>> No. 58273
File 122040487197.png - (351.65KB , 500x500 , 48194dbd78dbefc0a39df9ee00be39b9.png ) [iqdb]
58273
[X] Seeing the 'Big Cat Safari' with Lions and Tigers, oh my.

CHENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>> No. 58304
[x] Visiting Snakes and Lizards in the 'Reptile House'.
[x] Looking in on the Bugs and Butterflies at the 'Insectarium'.

Either of these, because AD seemed to imply with Letty warned, there wouldn't be a problem with the reptile house (heck, we can leave her to cool in the arctic area). And also because the other choices have mildy positive descriptors ("excellent", "amazing", "oh my") and Anonymous is wildly paranoid.
>> No. 58355
[x] Checking out the Rhinos, Elephants and other amazing 'Mega Animals'.

Yeah, sure, mega animals. Bandwagon.
>> No. 58357
[X] Embrace your fury. Unleash the spirit of carnage.
>> No. 58359
>>58357
Are you sure you want to unleash the power of Gig?
>> No. 58362
Wups, forgot to close voting.
'Mega Animals' won though, wall is partially built already.
>> No. 58363
>>58362
Yay!
>> No. 58427
>>58362
More writan?
>> No. 58439
File 12206197449.jpg - (250.50KB , 600x960 , gig.jpg ) [iqdb]
58439
>>58359

They're just a bunch of dumb animals anyway. I could sweep them away without even breaking a sweat.
>> No. 58501
Big fortress of text in making. Elephants have occured.
Will be away for weekend and don't know if i'll have net access, so updates on this (and TP:DOS may be delayed until monday. Sorry.
>> No. 58554
>Fortress
>Elephants
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 58652
“For now though, lets just enjoy ourselves looking around, huh?” Letty smiles at you as you hold the exit door open for her. Although not as bad as before, the sudden change from cold to warm is a bit shocking although, given how Letty's face flushes a light pink, you suspect it was worse for her than it was for you. Over to one side you can see Marisa and Meiling both looking over a fence and cheering down into an open enclosure. Keine seems more animated than before also, and even Komachi is wearing a little smirk of amusement. A chalk board nearby explains why they were so interested in this rather than the Polar bear pit, which was on the opposite side. “Penguin feeding” it reads, followed by a list of times - one of which, co-incidentally, happens to be about now. Wandering over to the girls with Letty you glance down into the enclosure where a group of penguins seem to be circling a man in orange overalls carrying a bucket of what you assume to be fish. Every so often he'll pull a handful of the feed out of the bucket and throw it somewhere in the enclosure - usually accompanied by cheers from the onlookers as the penguins suddenly race towards the tasty morsels. The splash of food hitting the water was soon accompanied by a chorus of splashing as a horde of the swimming birds simply dove in to get at it.

Soon enough however the bucket was empty and the crowd of penguins, having realized this, were dispersing to go back to whatever it was that penguins did when not being fed. Marisa and Meiling seem a little disappointed that it's over though. “Well?” You ask, “What did you think?”

“They were awesome!” Marisa yells, “I thought they were just gonna be dumb-birds but they were kinda fun!” She grins slightly, then sneers at the rest of the group. “And the obviously have excellent taste in colors too.”

“Ah, you're only saying that because you're normally a black-white.” Meiling mutters, earning herself a pout from Marisa but nothing more. “The polar bear was a little boring though,” she adds, earning a nod from Marisa and Komachi. “I thought it would be a bit more impressive but... it's just a big white bear.”

“Not everything can be 'awesome',” states the silver-haired Keine, “I am certain, however, there must be more animals that would impress you some where hereabouts. Is that not right mister Ryogi?”

You blink, not expecting to be suddenly put on the spot like that. “Uh...” You begin, your brain moving fast to catch up. “Yeah... yeah!” You grin as your next destination comes to mind, “I know just the things! Follow me!”
>> No. 58653
It wasn't long before the six of you were approaching an enclosure that bordered the outside wall of the zoo. A tall fence surrounded it and several massive bales of hay were scattered here and there.

There is also an elephant.

It's pretty hard to miss, given that it towers over pretty much everything. It's not the only elephant, admittedly, there are two others you can see - but this one is by far the largest of them.

Marisa, Meiling and even Keine and Letty are staring at the gray beast in a mix of horror an awe while Komachi doesn't seem too phased by it - or indeed interested in it at all.

“Woah...” Meiling breaths, voicing the amazement of the girls seeing an elephant for the first time. “It's... it's huge!” She moves from side to side, circling the enclosure as much as she can in order to get a better look at it. “I've never even heard of something being so big!” At that moment one of the elephants decides to trumpet it's presence, causing the chinese girl to jump in surprise. More amusingly, it slowly lumbers up to the edge of the enclosure where the girls were gathered - probably to see what was going on. Marisa, to your amusement, backs away from it as it comes closer while the other girls don't seem at all worried by it's bulk - or the trunk that it's inquisitively trying to poke at Meiling with.

“This,” you say, “is an elephant - the largest land animal on earth, they live down in africa or over in india.” Keine looks a touch confused at your references to other countries, “Ah... i'll show you where they are on a map later.” you offer, causing her to nod. Meiling giggles as the trunk pokes her in the chest, while Marisa seems to draw back from it - if you didn't know better you'd almost say she was scared by it. Then again... she did seem to be a young girl, and for some odd reason all children had a thing about being intimidated by elephants. You grin to yourself, thinking that perhaps this would be an amusing thing to hold over Marisa's head at some point when, causing everyone to jump, is a bellow from the next enclosure over. Given how loud it was, and where in the zoo it was... you had a pretty good guess as to it being one of two animals.

Heading over to check it out you realize that Marisa and Keine have both broken off from the others to follow you. Marisa glancing behind herself every so often at the elephant, which Meiling appeared to happily be stroking the trunk of - though by now a zoo keeper had evidently shown up to keep an eye on things. As you approached the second enclosure, you glanced at your two followers. “There are a few big animals in the world,” you say, “but on land there are three who take the top spot - the first is the elephant, like that one back there. The second is a rhino - which is more like a giant bull than anything else.” Odd. As you say that you notice Keine twitch at the word 'bull'. “The third is the hippo, which isn't much more than a mouth and stomach on legs really.”

“Oh! Kinda like Yuyuko!” pipes up the younger of the two girls, you frown in confusion then shake your head. Marisa blinks at you a few times then goes 'ah' in understanding. “You don't know who Yuyuko is!” she exclaims. “Yuyuko is... uhm... She's a fat hungry glutton of a ghost who'll eat anything that's not nailed down!” There's a pause, “And i'm not to sure she wouldn't try anyway...”

“Well,” you say “Either way a hippo is large enough to swallow someone like you whole!” The way you said it was clearly meant to be jocular, but the moment the words leave your mouth you see Marisa's skin take on a distinctly pale shade. “Uh...” You look at her closely, “Are you okay?”

The witch shakes her head, color returning to her face, then glares at you. “Of course I am!” she declares - despite the obvious evidence to the contrary.

“Okay then,” you mutter, “Anyway - in this enclosure is... ah... “ You peek over the fence into the pit that makes up this pen and nod at the rhino you see there just as it lets loose with another bellow of annoyance - evidently aimed at the other rhino it shares it's pen with. “... looks like rhinos actually.” The girls, curious now, move up to the fence around the pit and look over. Keine seems to frown slightly, while Marisa just grins at it.

“Ha!” She laughs, “Don't you have any not-stupid animals in this place?” She asks, sticking her tongue out at you. “This one is the most stupid of the lot! Look at it's nose! So ugly!”

“That nose can smash through a tree without trouble.” You say, your voice flat. Marisa looks up at you, eyes wide. “That thing on it's snout isn't a nose, it's a horn - and it attacks opponents by simply ramming into them with it - the force of a rhino hitting something at speed... well, my car wouldn't survive that and I don't think anyone inside would either.” You pause, then shrug, “Well, no-one human inside it would at least.”

“Huh... I bet Suika would like these then,” Marisa murmurs, getting a nod of agreement from Keine. “So, what, these 'rhinos' eat 'elephants' or something?”

Shaking your head you point at the bales of hay in the corners of the pen. “No,” you say, “It sounds weird, but the bigger an animal is, the more likely it's a plant-eater. They use their bulk to keep themselves safe from meat-eaters though.”

Marisa glares at you suspiciously for several seconds, causing you to feel more than a touch nervous. “How do you know this stuff?” she demands., “How do i know you're not just making it up!?”

[ ] WRITE IN – this had better be good.

Surprise update - hooray for idiots with unsecured wireless!
This would have been longer but it just kept draaaaaaaagging on, so a mid-way choice was decided on.
Mega Animals will continue through this choice (probably in a new thread)
>> No. 58655
wups. forgot my trip. Those walls are mine.

PS: I really hate laptop keyboards.
>> No. 58658
[X] "Well, I can't exactly give you an eye-witness account. Like with the elephants, these usually live in places terribly far from here. From what I've been told, though, by a number of people who actually make a living studying animals like this, it's true. Frankly, I'd rather not get close enough to one of these to prove it one way or another."
*shrug*
>> No. 58660
[x] You've had enough of her second-guessing you; stop this now before it becomes a repeat event: "These things are just common knowledge on the Outside, Marisa; any one of these normal people walking by could tell you the same. Since the goal is to allow you to live normally, I as your guide was selected as representative of the average outsider with average intelligence, station, and resources. These are not secrets or obscure trivia; these are all things you are expected to know here on the outside. God help us if at the end of this exercise my government marks this project as a failure and determines you folk are more a liability to mankind than an asset--solely because of the matchless incredulity of a single girl."
>> No. 58665
[>] You've had enough of her second-guessing you; stop this now before it becomes a repeat event: "These things are just common knowledge on the Outside, Marisa; any one of these normal people walking by could tell you the same. Since the goal is to allow you to live normally, I as your guide was selected as representative of the average outsider with average intelligence, station, and resources. These are not secrets or obscure trivia; these are all things you are expected to know here on the outside. God help us if at the end of this exercise my government marks this project as a failure and determines you folk are more a liability to mankind than an asset--solely because of the matchless incredulity of a single girl."

Much better.
>> No. 58669
[●] You've had enough of her second-guessing you; stop this now before it becomes a repeat event: "These things are just common knowledge on the Outside, Marisa; any one of these normal people walking by could tell you the same. Since the goal is to allow you to live normally, I as your guide was selected as representative of the average outsider with average intelligence, station, and resources. These are not secrets or obscure trivia; these are all things you are expected to know here on the outside. God help us if at the end of this exercise my government marks this project as a failure and determines you folk are more a liability to mankind than an asset--solely because of the matchless incredulity of a single girl."

Better indeed.
>> No. 58675
>>58653

[x] "If you don't believe me, you could always ask one of the zookeepers, they would know."
>> No. 58676
File 122080926056.png - (207.12KB , 640x480 , 1220291633716.png ) [iqdb]
58676
[x] You've had enough of her second-guessing you; stop this now before it becomes a repeat event: "These things are just common knowledge on the Outside, Marisa; any one of these normal people walking by could tell you the same. Since the goal is to allow you to live normally, I as your guide was selected as representative of the average outsider with average intelligence, station, and resources. These are not secrets or obscure trivia; these are all things you are expected to know here on the outside. God help us if at the end of this exercise my government marks this project as a failure and determines you folk are more a liability to mankind than an asset--solely because of the matchless incredulity of a single girl."

So wanted to put: PIC RELATED
>> No. 58692
[ ] Fine then. Don't believe me. This project isn't going to work out very well if you're constantly questioning everything that I'm trying to teach you. I'm providing you with the most accurate information that I'm able to. Things like this are considered to be common knowledge for most people. If you just steadfastly refuse to believe me I'm going to get the idea that you don't want to do this program. I can probably get you sent back to this Gensokyo place if you hate it so much here. Is that what you want to do Marisa?
>> No. 58697
GODDAMMIT MARISA I WILL TURN THIS CAR RIGHT AROUND
>> No. 58699
So we're going to make Marisa feel like a fucking idiot in front of everyone AGAIN.

Lovely.

Because, you know how well that went last time.
>> No. 58700
>>58699

Fair enough.

[x] "Seems incredible, doesn't it? But if all the large animals were predators like that, we'd all be food."

ALTERATIVELY :

[x] Ask a random fifth grader.
>> No. 58701
I also figure a random fifth grader can spell "alternatively" better.

Also, this needs a new thread.
>> No. 58710
[x] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
[x] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
[x] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
[x] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.

Be a father figure for Marisa? Check
Impress Keine with education related talk? Check
Being positive instead of acting like a threatening dick? Check.
>> No. 58711
[X] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
[X] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
[X] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
[X] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.

Superior
>> No. 58712
>>58700 here, changing vote to :

>[x] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
>[x] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
>[x] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
>[x] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.
>> No. 58714
[x] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
[x] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
[x] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
[x] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.

This is good.
>> No. 58716
[x] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
[x] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
[x] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
[x] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.
>> No. 58717
[x] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
[x] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
[x] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
[x] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.
>> No. 58720
The best part about this explanation is that while it sounds intelligent, it's actually complete bullshit. And none of them will know.
>> No. 58725
[x] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
[x] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
[x] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
[x] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.
>> No. 58727
>>58720

...Huh, you're right.

I was looking at this for a bit, was pondering writing in "FUCK YOU THERMODYNAMICS!", then re-read what was being said. Yeah, on a per-weight/volume basis, you'd actually get more energy from animal sources (fat/protein would be more efficent than carbohydrates, large portions locked up as cellulose - In comparsion of a 'couple of plants vs a ton critters', nobody loses weight by eating a stack of hamburgers vs a few bites of salad). However, the correct intrepretation of trophic levels mean that for every unit of energy obtained from animal sources, you can get over 5x as much from plant sources.

So consider vote >>58712 slightly altered *again* to reflect this.
>> No. 58729
[x] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
[x] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
[x] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
>[x] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.
Isn't she wearing a hat?
>> No. 58730
[x] Give a warm smile and speak calmly and naturally. "Everything I've told you is common knowledge for most people outside of Gensokyo. Children spend at least 12 years learning these things because knowledge and technology is crucial to our lives. I spent over 18 years. People are just as zealous for learning other things as you are for learning magic. I was chosen by the government because I have the common knowledge which you need to learn in order to get by out here in this world."
[x] "If you really must know, these big guys only eat plants because its more energy efficient for them. Plants get their energy from the sun, but converting sunlight's energy into something they can survive on takes a lot of work and other nutrients to alter. So in the end they only get a fraction of the energy they absorb. Animals that eat plants have a similar problem, and only get about 17% of the energy the plants have to offer. Animals that eat plant eaters get less than 5% of that energy. So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?"
[x] There is also the surface area to volume ratio which affects heat loss, heart rate, and metabolic rates, but we can talk about those later. Tell you what, if you really want to know more about these big guys I'll show you something called the Discovery Channel when we get back."
[x] Ruffle hair while she is mind raped.
>> No. 58737
>>58727
Pretty much. I'm going for the tropic levels explanation because we'd be less likely to lose her than explaining the evolution of animals and the digestive abilities and habits thereof. I've always found it funny how a simple flip of a carbon atom alters the tertiary structure enough that we can't digest cellulose.

Heh, I like the "if this guy was a predator, there would be nothing left" answer.

In before we confuse Keine and she cooks us a vegetarian meal tonight.
>> No. 58749
>>58737

It's mainly the :

>So when you compare eating a couple of plants or a ton of critters to get the same amount of energy, plants makes a lot more sense don't you think?

Part that's the problem. Maybe phrase it : "For a ton of meat-eater, you can get 10 tons of plant-eater. Not a bad trade, no?"
>> No. 58752
>>58749
Hmm, how about ecological approach?

"A predator that size would have to eat more animals than the ecosystem could replace, and so its species would have starved and died off long ago. And even if they were this big, there could only be a very small number of them. With so much energy in an environment disappearing between tropic levels, and since only so many creatures can live in an area, larger animals eating plants makes a lot more sense, don't you think?"

I think Marisa would probably make a rebuttal about how predator youkai in Gensokyo are huge, so we might want to add "I don't know how it is in Gensokyo, but here without magic this is the natural order of things."
>> No. 58857
Dr. Doujin: Making SCIENCE wherever he goes.
>> No. 59254
>>58857

Maybe you can START the explanation, when suddenly a strangely familar man with a metal leg with two girls, also seemingly familar in tow finishes for you.