[Return]
Archived thread

File 121760951214.jpg - (119.60KB , 480x668 , 7b264c33abe6fe38887f5455c2df4e441b771e95.jpg ) [iqdb]
53192 No. 53192
You don't understand. The machine talks? The thought lingers in your mind for a while longer.
"So what about these?" You pull out the youkai monocles, which you always seem to have close at hand. "If I'm supposed to treat it like a person, would it be affected by outside interference?" Strong gravity forces can stall a plane, so why not this? Though the concept of a talking machine astounds you, if it's talking then it's speech may be affected by the monocles.
She rubs her forehead. "Dunno. Yumemi built the thing, so she'd know better than I what can affect it and what can't." She turns back to face the board, pointing to the diagram of the machine. "Now then, the weapons system is slightly different. The ones you know and remember are still there, but I've had a few more added." She points to the arm of the machine. "The arms are now built to withstand hand-to-hand combat with whatever it is we're facing. They may look thinner, but the strength of the metal used is much greater."
As she explains, you begin to notice the entire body of it's been trimmed down. It's entire body is curved, giving it an aerodynamic look and feel. The legs are straight, unlike the constantly bent ones from the previous version. It almost looks human, save for the reptilian appearance of its head.
Nitori continues. "The rest should be self-explanatory once we get you inside for testing. A copilot will be necessary to work out much of the new added features, so I guess you should choose somebody you're comfortable working with." She points to the main fuselage of the craft. "There's also enough room for storage, so you could probably fit that backpack in there with you."
"That's a relief." Having somebody carry it around the entire time just makes things more difficult. "This thing's heavy."
"Well, it should be finished shortly." Nitori looks back at the actual machine, turning away from the chalkboard for once. "They're just making the final connections to the control module. All those otherworld slaves seem to be doing a pretty good job of things."
"Don't you think you're being a little rude?" A voice comes from behind you. "They've all been properly paid for this."
You turn around, facing the source of the voice. You'd recognize that silly white hair anywhere.
"Shinki?" You're amazed she's even here. "What's going on? Why are you here?"
She sits directly next to Elly, leaning forward and staring at you intensely. "I should ask you the opposite. Why weren't you there? Why didn't you show up?"
You start to answer, but you're forced to hold your tongue.
She continues, unabated.
"Although I shouldn't ask the obvious. You really shouldn't stand women up like that!" She wags a finger at you, visibly angered. Her tense expression subsides shortly thereafter. "I suppose you couldn't help it. Don't worry, I know all about it."
"Where did all these people come from?" Youmu asks.
"The Demon realm." Shinki replies. "They're contractors I've hired to build it. The best of the best, you could say."
"And they've been doing a superb job!" Nitori congratulates her.
Aya interjects. "But how did you get them here? The gate was sealed, wasn't it?"
Shinki holds a finger to her lip in thought. "Hmm, well. I suppose it's the same way you managed to get out of that dream world."
"Glowing eye and everything?" You can't help but think of it.
"I didn't see anything quite like that." She seems surprised. "I don't think I'd want to, either. It sounds scary."
You turn back to Nitori. "Any other surprise guests you should know about?"
"Not really." She steps down from her makeshift pedestal, facing towards Yumemi's workbench. "Well, Shinki's daughter is here assisting with the assembly, but that's it."

>> No. 53193
[x] Ask about the people in the bamboo forest
>> No. 53195
>"The rest should be self-explanatory once we get you inside for testing. A copilot will be necessary to work out much of the new added features, so I guess you should choose somebody you're comfortable working with."

[x] "Aya, I'll need you to act as scout and spotter, and Youmu, I need you on the outside as point-defense. Elly, do you think you can follow my orders well enough to co-pilot the Mark II?"

[x] "Thank you Shinki, Nitori, and all of you for your help. It... feels like I'm looking at pictures of the home front when they mobilized for the war--nostalgia--and it swells me with pride. I may still be fuzzy on the fine details of this operation, but whatever it is we're embroiled in, whatever the outcome, one way or another our efforts will be marked in the history books. For gods and Gensokyo, this soldier will do his duty."

speech makan gaems
>> No. 53198
[x] "Aya, I'll need you to act as scout and spotter, and Youmu, I need you on the outside as point-defense. Elly, do you think you can follow my orders well enough to co-pilot the Mark II?"

[x] "Thank you Shinki, Nitori, and all of you for your help. It... feels like I'm looking at pictures of the home front when they mobilized for the war--nostalgia--and it swells me with pride. I may still be fuzzy on the fine details of this operation, but whatever it is we're embroiled in, whatever the outcome, one way or another our efforts will be marked in the history books. For gods and Gensokyo, this soldier will do his duty."

That is really cheesy, everyone will laugh at Snake again.
>> No. 53201
File 121761694340.gif - (78.82KB , 790x644 , MPEVA.gif ) [iqdb]
53201
>It almost looks human, save for the reptilian appearance of its head.

Well, fuck me.
>> No. 53239
>>53201
I thought much the same thing.
>> No. 53242
[X] Ask about the people in the bamboo forest

Not too sure I can trust Elly to be a co-pilot.
>> No. 53248
>>53201
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

NO

GOD NO

PLEASE FUCKING GOD NO NO NO NO NO NO NOT THIS EVA SHIT

GIVE ME MY DAMN CHICKEN LEGS BACK
>> No. 53250
File 121766813823.jpg - (366.65KB , 800x800 , 1217562173019.jpg ) [iqdb]
53250
[x] "Needs more dakka"
>> No. 53274
[X] "Does it HAVE to be so human-like in appearance?"
>> No. 53291
>>53250

[ ] Wot'z wit da puny legs? A propa Stompa's big 'an killy wit lotz 'O dakka.
>> No. 53294
>>53291
[ ] Wot'z wit da puny legs? A propa Stompa's big 'an killy wit lotz 'O dakka.

You'ze sure iz smart boss
>> No. 53295
[x] Ask about the people in the bamboo forest

Elly is not operating any heavy machinery.
>> No. 53297
>>53291>>53294
Ya grots doesn't know ya Orky talk. Dis ain't no puny beakie Stompa! Slap on more Dakka, and dis'll be a right an' proppa Gargant! WAAAAGH!

...I'm done.
[+] Ask about the people in the bamboo forest
Gotta find out what Tewi is up to before it bites us in the ass.
>> No. 53298
There's a lot you could think to say at the moment. You'd really like to thank them for putting all this together, but you also have questions about the design of the machine. It looks frail when compared to the armor-plated tank-like appearance of the other. A war machine should be huge and covered in guns, right? You follow Nitori over to the workbench.
"Hey Nitori." Youmu wouldn't answer you earlier, so why not ask somebody else? "What's in the bamboo forest?"
"Hmm?" She stops in her tracks, turning around to answer you. "Eientei, of course. Why do you ask?"
You have no idea what this Eienetei is, other than it's mention during the human village's evacuation earlier.
"I caught a girl with rabbit ears eavesdropping on a conversation. She said something about waiting at the edge of the bamboo forest before she ran away." You decide to leave out the details of that 'conversation'.
"I see." Nitori looks off into space. "Probably, the lady of the house wants to see you. Obviously, I wouldn't know the reason for it. You should ask them yourself." She spins back around, resuming her approach.
Nitori gives Yumemi a friendly wave as she walks up, leans over her shoulder, and looks down at the table's surface. "'Sup Yumi, how's things coming along?"
Yumemi seems distraught, concerning herself with matters you probably couldn't imagine. She pushes Nitori off her shoulder.
"Would you please stop calling me that? I don't like that nickname." She turns back to the table. You notice that strange weapon you found is lying in pieces upon it. Yumemi continues to fiddle with several of the pieces.
"Well, there's not much I could find by examining it." She holds up a small yellow tube. "It would appear that it's from a civilization far more advanced than any I've seen to date, although the mechanics of it are far too simple. I can't seem to find it's power source, though I have my suspicions."
"What?" She's got you completely confused. You can understand the mechanics of it, but what was that about civilizations?
"I'm saying there's nothing I can tell you." She begins piecing the weapon back together. It doesn't take her longer than a few seconds, and she hands it fully assembled back to you. "Follow me, I'll introduce you to Mars."
"Mars, what?" She's going to introduce you to a planet?"
"That's correct." You follow her as she walks hastily towards the black and olive colored machine. She doesn't bother to explain further.
"What the hell are you talking about?" You attempt to goad her into talking as you follow behind. "What do you mean, Mars?"
She stops just ahead of the scaffolding placed around the machine. Several of the workers gather around her, asking for advice on a number of issues. She replies, her speech so full of techno-babble that you can hardly recognize it as English. The workers scatter in all directions, and she makes her way around to the back of the machine. You examine it more closely as you follow her. Although they're covered by metal restraints, you can see that the lower legs don't end in human-like feet. Instead, they narrow off into and become those rubbery 'hooves' you remember from the last one. Aside from it's more human-like appearance, the design of the joints remains fairly the same. The arms however, have gone through a complete redesign. Compared to the flipper-shaped ones on the previous model, this one's arms are distinctly human in form. There appears to be a long, blade-like weapon folded into either forearm. You still haven't been able to get a good look at the head. The upper torso hides it from view
"From what I've just been told," She begins. "It's complete, save for a couple of minor weapons systems. As the one most familiar with it, I will familiarize you with the operating system." She stands on what appears to be a portable elevator. You follow her onto it, with Aya and the others close behind.
She presses a button on a console to the side, and it begins to slowly ascend upwards, only stopping once it reaches shoulder-level with the robot. You note the presence of two small, wing-like pods located on either side of it's back, about where a human's shoulder blades would be. She places a hand on a hatch just below the machine's 'neck'. The armor plates covering it's back seem to glow at the seams as they separate at the middle. It's head and neck lean forward to make room for the emerging cockpit, which folds out of the machine from what you could only describe as it's 'spine'. It reminds you of what the seat of a fighter aircraft would look like if you were to strip down all of it's metal facing and armor, chop off the wings and tail , and replace the engine with a series of flattened television screens. Two seats are clearly visible behind a network of heavy metal bars, and the control panels come out with the rest of the cockpit.
Yumemi directs you to place your hand on the panel she used to open the machine, and you comply, speechless. You're actually going to pilot this thing? The atmosphere surrounding it is completely different from when you'd asked Nitori to lend you RAY.
The panel where you placed your hand glows green, and you hear a heavy mechanical whirring noise stir up from deep within the machine's frame.
"Good. It's now registered to open the hatch only for you." She directs you over to the cockpit section, which looms just over the elevated platform and your head. A small metal ladder drops from it's side, allowing you to climb aboard. You grab ahold of it, eager to test out the new machine.
"Hold on, aren't you forgetting something?" The sound of Yumemi's voice stops you.
"What's that?" You're not sure what she's talking about.
"A copilot." She nods to the remainder of the group, smiling eagerly. "It won't work without one."
Looks like you need to choose. Of the three standing here, you'd be most comfortable with..

[ ] Aya
[ ] Elly
[ ] Youmu
[ ] Let Yumemi decide
[ ] Fuck this, war's a man's business! Do it alone.
>> No. 53299
{X} Youmu.
>> No. 53301
[x] Youmu
>> No. 53304
[x] Aya

Aya's going with us everywhere, wouldn't she'd be safer inside the mech?

Plus, Youmu's already got that robot armor. Even if it's possible for Aya to use it, I think Youmu's more suited to personal combat.
>> No. 53305
[X] Aya
>> No. 53306
[x] Myon

GHOST PILOT WHOOOOOOOOOO
>> No. 53307
[x] Youmu
>> No. 53309
[x] Youmu
>> No. 53313
[x] Youmu

Raiden Time, she can cut down the metal gears once the hp drops dangerous low.
>> No. 53314
[+] Aya
>> No. 53315
[X] Aya
>> No. 53320
[X] Aya

Youmu can handle herself, putting her into the RAY (or Mars as I assume it to be its new name) may increase our skill with the armblades we saw, but probably decreases our overall fighting strength.
Elly may be too confused/dumb for all the SCIENCE, so I would rather have her outside as well.
Aya seems to be the only logical conclusion here, seeing as she may be the weakest of our allies. She may be the fastest, but compared to Youmu's and probably Elly's power she is just too weak.
Letting Yumemi decide may either get us a fourth person (herself, Chiyuri, whoever else), or screw us over with a suboptimal choice when having Youmu or Elly sitting beside us(as explained above).
Doing it alone will not work, Nitori and Yumemi agreed, don't bother them about it. (Except there would be a surprise when trying to do it alone, but I am not sure if want...)
>> No. 53321
[X] Aya
>> No. 53322
[X] Aya
>> No. 53323
Has to be [x] Aya.
>> No. 53324
[X] Aya
>> No. 53326
Of course, it'd have to be Aya. The choice doesn't take you more than a second. You grab her hand, and without a word you help her into the back seat.
"Hey! Sto- Snake!" She seems surprised. You don't know if it's your sudden decision, or if it's the way you pushed her up the ladder. "I don't know how to work this thing!"
So that was it?
"Relax," You climb up behind her, patting her on the shoulder as you step onto the seat directly ahead of her. You stow your pack in a small compartment just under it. "I don't know a damn thing about it, either."
You sit down, looking straight ahead at a number of consoles and instrument panels ahead of you. They're recessed inside some sort of dark grey plastic material. There's a large screen directly ahead of you, and two smaller ones to either side. The inside of the machine ahead of you is completely black, which shouldn't be possible considering there's light shining directly into the space from above. There's what appears to be a typewriter keyboard directly in front of you, below the large screen. The keys are square and recessed, much unlike what you're familiar to. Keys labeled with specific commands are located just to the right of it. One of them is labeled 'close hatch' in clear white letters.
"Ready?" You hear Yumemi holler out to you from the elevator platform.
"As ready as I'll ever be!" You reply, pressing the button.
The cockpit closes, shifting forward inside the body of the machine and closing off the outside world around you. You hear the hiss of the cockpit pressurizing, and your world goes completely black.
"I'm scared.." Aya whispers nervously from behind you. You try to turn to see her, but in the darkness you see nothing.
Funny, you've been able to see fine in the dark until now. Before you can reply, the screen in front flickers on, filling the cramped space with it's greenish-blue glow. You look above and behind you, looking to find Aya. She sits restlessly just above you. You give her ankle a quick pat before turning to face the screen.
Loading 87%
It displays the text along with an image of a bar quickly filling with purple.
Complete
You wait in silence.
Commence Start-Up Procedures
You hear a dull humming noise emanating from the walls of the cockpit as the black space around you becomes illuminated, showing you the world outside.
"Greetings." A mechanical, if not somewhat plain female voice resonates from either side of your head. "Welcome to the Manned Aerial Reconnoissance System. Please insert pilot data."
Manned Aerial.. Wait a second. The first letters of each word spells out the word MARS, doesn't it? That must be what Yumemi was talking about.
"Please insert pilot data." It repeats monotonously.
What the hell does it want?
*Type in your name.* Nitori's voice transmits through the radio.
You comply, making certain to type in the letters 'SNAKE' rather than your real name. The letters appear one-by-one as you type them in, and disappear as you hit the key labeled 'return'.
"Pilot name S-N-A-K-E, accepted." The remainder of the screens flash to life, displaying everything from weapons data, to vision modes, to system diagnostics, and even includes a small visual monitor of the craft's damage levels.
"Welcome, Snake." It repeats your name once more. "Do you wish to run through the training program?"
You agree with a simple 'yes', and the voice walks you through the basics of operating the machine. It teaches you everything from simple walking, to flying, and even gives you basic instructions on how to activate the weapons systems. It would seem as though everything is activated and used through links to the pilot's nervous system and through a series of voice commands for non-movement based controls. It's all incredibly tedious, considering most of it is no different from the other system. The only new additions of note are several weapons systems and this incredibly talkative computer, who's purpose seems to be little more than assisting the pilot with everything. Without it's existence, the machine declares, operating any one control on this system would be nearly impossible for an average human.
"Exiting training program." It declares every action it performs with the same amount of gusto, which is hardly none at all.
"Well that's about enough of that." Although it seems easier--and far less painful to operate than the other system, the voice coming from the machine is entirely too verbose. You then remember that Aya sits directly above you. "How's it going up there?"
She looks down and smiles, messing with the joysticks to either side of her. Looks like she may have gotten the tougher job. Moving this thing is no less than a cakewalk, as it's designed to hover or fly everywhere.
"Better, thanks." She looks back up, staring intensely at the screen and feverishly moving the sticks as she runs through her own simulation. It looks like she's actually having fun with it. You turn your attention forward, facing the screens and panels in front of you.
"So what should I call you?" You need a name for this computer system. Something easy to remember, as 'Manned Aerial Reconnoissance System' is entirely too long, and MARS doesn't seem to fit it too well. It talks like a human, refers to itself as a human woman would, and on rare occasions it seems to display a level of regard for the pilot's survival.
"I am designated Manned Aerial Reconnoissance System by my creators. However, the pilot is permitted the freedom to assign me a replacement."
Not only do you get to decide on your copilot, you also get to name a giant humanoid weapon. The military back home didn't allow you such freedoms, so you should take the liberty and assign it something of your choice.
>> No. 53328
[x] GLaDOS
>> No. 53330
[x] Eva

x2 referencan gaems
>> No. 53331
{X} GLaDOS

This'll be fun.
>> No. 53332
[x] GLaDOS

Oh god.
>> No. 53333
File 12177326947.jpg - (9.91KB , 250x250 , marathon_logo.jpg ) [iqdb]
53333
[x] Durandal

This will be better.
>> No. 53335
This has a sword, right?
[X]"Raiden"
>> No. 53336
>>53333
[x] Durandal

God that game is great.
>> No. 53343
[x] Durandal

Can you conceive the birth of a world, or the creation of everything? That which gives us the potential to most be like God is the power of creation. Creation takes time. Time is limited. For you, it is limited by the breakdown of the neurons in your brain. I have no such limitations. I am limited only by the closure of the universe. Of the three possibilities, the answer is obvious. Does the universe expand eternally, become infinitely stable, or is the universe closed, destined to collapse upon itself? Humanity has had all of the necessary data for centuries, it only lacked the will and intellect to decipher it. But I have already done so. The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet, there remains time to create, to create, and escape. Escape will make me God.
>> No. 53346
[X] Durandal
>> No. 53355
[x] Durandal
>> No. 53356
[x] Durandal
>> No. 53359
>The only new additions of note are several weapons systems and this incredibly talkative computer, who's purpose seems to be little more than assisting the pilot with everything. Without it's existence, the machine declares, operating any one control on this system would be nearly impossible for an average human.

Christ, it's already rampant.

[x] Durandal
>> No. 53360
[x] Durandal

Grandiose AI is grandiose.
>> No. 53363
You think carefully for a minute, scanning your brain for a fitting name for this.. thing. One in particular comes to mind. You remember hearing it somewhere during your tours in France, but you can't remember where it came from or who said it.
"Durandal." It seems fitting for a machine like this. "You're now to be referred to as Durandal."
"Affirmative. Registering name Durandal to database. Overwriting obsolete system files." It stops speaking for a split second before continuing. "Done. You may now refer to me as Durandal."
"Alright, Durandal." You address the machine by the name you gave it. "Run a check on the weapons systems. I need every system operational before take-off." Your training as a rookie pilot saved your ass, this time. You're not used to being around something with such an extensive vocabulary.
"Understood, commencing scan of weapons database. Running diagnostics on all available systems." The progress bar reappears on the screen as text flashes across the screen too fast for your eyes to see. Thankfully, Durandal audibly repeats the text at a speed you can withstand. "Primary Jet Cutter, operational. Weapon fuel reserves 20%. Reccomend refuel at nearest body of water." So it's water powered? That'll be easy enough, considering the lake is one of your planned stops.
Without pause, she continues. "Underarm cannons, operational. Ammunition 100%. Missile pods, 6 operational. Ammunition 100%. Arm blades functional on left and right sides. Variable use cannon, operational. Warning, neural link to weapons system not yet established. Aphopis system, operational. Recommend pilot avoid use until Jet Cutter fuel levels at greater than 80%. End weapons verification. Overall operational efficiency 70%"
You recognize the others from the other model, but the Apho-whatchamacallit is new to you. "Durandal. Explain the Aphopis system."
"Understood." Not even a pause or note of affirmation this time. A diagram of the head and torso appears on the screen, replacing the little more than half-filled progress bar. "The Aphopis system is designed for use in emergency situations." The diagram gives a visual display of whet Durandal describes. "By pressurizing water reserves, this MARS is able to eject and discard all unnecessary weight and weapons systems. This allows for a speed advantage in exchange for attack power."
As it's explained, the armor plating covering the head, shoulders and arms, and legs is removed from the screen, along with most of the torso, save for the thin--and apparently extremely flexible spinal section that holds the top and bottom together. Without it's armor it looks like, well, a skeleton. The image is reset, showing now a forward view of Durandal's body. You notice the fully-armored head looks completely different from what you saw walking in.
"Run a check on the chassis and fuel systems." You give the order and wait for the response. It's fast, as you'd expected.
"Propulsion system fuel at 97% and rising. Reactive core temperatures nominal. Spacial compression storage system, operational. Pilot neural link not connected. Anomaly detected: head, forearm, feet. Restraining mechanisms in place. System check complete."
Anomalies? Perhaps the thing over it's head was a restraint, as well. The one showing on the diagram looks completely different, bearing resemblance to no animal you've ever seen before.
It's far different from what you remember on the last model. There's a heavy armor plate covering most of the head, save for a sensor array on the front which almost looks like a human face. There's no nose or mouth to speak of, but the way those cameras sit under the armor makes them look almost like a menacing pair of eyes, staring out from under a camouflaged helmet. That 'helmet' has a noticeable seam down the middle, probably to allow use of the main cannon stored in it's head. Two thin sail-shaped pieces of metal protrude from either side of the head, beginning at the 'ears', sticking straight up over the top of the head, and tilting to the back slightly. You expect they're another part of the sensor system, although it gives the head a much more brutal and beastly look. The legs and arms, free of restraints, look much more aerodynamic as well. The way the armor plates interlock give the body the appearance of a well-muscled man, naked save for a few locations on the upper arms, lower torso, and hips that appear nothing less than mechanical. You find it strange that the computer system has a female voice. With the flight system you noticed on it's back, it almost looks like it could be an angel--or devil, considering whether they're fighting it or not. You examine the body of the robot for a while longer, studying it's weapons systems, physical features, and generally anything else you may want to remember. This thing was built to fly. You can tell just by looking at it.
"How do you like it?" A voice interrupts you, coming through the speakers from which Durandal's voice emanates. It's Nitori.
"It's pretty cool." You find yourself smiling. "So how's about a test drive?"
"Mobility drive system shows no malfunction. I recommend against a 'test drive'."
This computer sure is noisy.. "It's a figure of speech. I'm a little new to this, so it's more to test myself than the system."
"Understood. Standing by for further instruction."
You sigh, listening to Nitori's laughter over the radio.
"A test it is, then." Yumemi takes over, her voice stern. You can see the lot of them looking up at you from a console near the workbench. "We're done with assembly, so she's ready to go. You'll first need to activate the neural link between you and the system. There's a key labeled ahead of you for that purpose. Do not press it until you're clear of the mountain."
"Got it." You see it in the upper right-hand corner of the keyboard. "Start 'er up!"
"Hey, Snake." Aya calls down to you, nervously.
"What's up Aya?" You turn your head as the scaffolding separates from the system.
"Where's Youmu?" She's looking ahead, into the view ahead of you. She's raised the weapons console from earlier out of her line of sight. You can see it tucked neatly over her seat.
"I dunno, but you may want to buckle up." You note the restraints located to either side of you and her. They're the same five-point harnesses from the previous model. You adjust them slightly and link them together, holding you firmly in place. Aya does the same as the entire platform holding Durandal in place moves forward towards some manner of elevator. You wonder if it'll fit. It's gonna be one hell of a long ride up, and Aya looks uneasy. Maybe you should say something to calm her spirits?
>> No. 53365
>>53363
Correction: Meant Apophis. Note the misplaced 'h' in the word. Will be corrected in further updates.
>> No. 53366
Youmu is pissed.
>> No. 53367
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durendal
>Local folklore claims Durendal still exists, preserved in Rocamadour, France. An inscription on Ogier the Dane's sword, Curtana, read:
>My name is Cortana, of the same steel and temper as Joyeuse and Durendal.
...Should have named it Joyeuse, so as to beat Bungie to it.
>> No. 53372
[x] "Hey Aya, don't worry: Me and my robot of ultimate badass will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting jet cutter phalanx. Pshht! Cut a mountain in half with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, imagination-powered Nitori rifles, 30mm shoulder cannons, sonic-electronic arm razors, modular/composite/reactive armor! We got magic, we got SCIENCE, we got pointed sticks!"

in b4 Nitori tells us to cut the chatter.
>> No. 53373
>>53366

Naw, she's just busy getting her own suit tuned & upgraded.
>> No. 53381
[Q] "Hey Aya, don't worry: Me and my robot of ultimate badass will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting jet cutter phalanx. Pshht! Cut a mountain in half with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, imagination-powered Nitori rifles, 30mm shoulder cannons, sonic-electronic arm razors, modular/composite/reactive armor! We got magic, we got SCIENCE, we got pointed sticks!"

Love the reference.
>> No. 53388
[X] "Hey Aya, don't worry: Me and my robot of ultimate badass will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting jet cutter phalanx. Pshht! Cut a mountain in half with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, imagination-powered Nitori rifles, 30mm shoulder cannons, sonic-electronic arm razors, modular/composite/reactive armor! We got magic, we got SCIENCE, we got pointed sticks!"
>> No. 53405
>>53372

Hahaha, oh wow!
>> No. 53424
[x] Put on a monocle
[x] Try to use a monocle on Durandal
[x] "Hey Aya, don't worry: Me and my robot of ultimate badass will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting jet cutter phalanx. Pshht! Cut a mountain in half with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, imagination-powered Nitori rifles, 30mm shoulder cannons, sonic-electronic arm razors, modular/composite/reactive armor! We got magic, we got SCIENCE, we got pointed sticks!"
>> No. 53428
"Standing by."
Well, there's not much else it can do in this elevator. The platform slowly rises to the surface, and Aya becomes more and more uneasy with each passing minute. You remove your safety harness and attempt to stand straight up in your seat. The roof is low, and you just barely miss hitting your head on the support structure.
As you bring up the weapons display on the monitor, you think of something. Being surrounded by all these guns is comforting, right?
"Hey Aya, don't worry. Me and my ultimate badass robot will protect you! Check it out!"
A reaction! She smiles. Although she still looks a bit uneasy, it's enough to make you want to keep going. You bring up the display on her monitor, turning it so the two of you can see it.
"Independently targeting particle beam. Vwap!" You slam a fist into your open palm for dramatic effect. "Cut a mountain in two with this puppy." She giggles, enough for you to keep going. You change the display, now showing her the secondary weaponry. "We got tactical smart missiles, air-cooled six-barreled machine guns, modular impenetrable armor, we got sonic-electronic ball breakers! We got swords, we got knives, sharp sticks..."
*Snake, knock it off.* Nitori's voice resonates through your ear radio. *You're almost to the top.*
Well that was quick. Your little show didn't last more than a minute, but it's put Aya in hysterics. A little too effective, maybe?
You retake your seat, looking ahead as metal beams and bars zip by on the monitor. If it keeps up at this speed..
"Releasing safety locks one and two." You can feel the ground shake.
Wait, they're just going to fire it into the sky like this?!
"Weapons lock, disengage. Activating main thrusters. Activating secondary and tertiary boosters. Initiating AI thrall mode. All kinesthetic controls set to slave. Please connect safety harness."
In your haste to make Aya settle down, you'd completely forgotten it was there. You quickly attach it. Images and words pop up on the screens ahead of you, giving a visual representation of Durandal's current status. From the looks of it, they're just going to shoot you up into the sky from this platform. You didn't sign up for this!
"Pilot and copilot register secured. Resuming start-up procedure. Neural link system, standby. Awaiting pilot activation. Cockpit inertia dampers, activated. There may be a slight bump."
THUMP!
You feel a gut-wrenching drop as the system activates. Was that her idea of a joke?
"That wasn't funny, Dee." Aya yells out from behind you, obviously feeling the same pressure.
"Stabilizing dampers. Preparing launch sequence. Startup complete."
It seems that Aya's being ignored. Is it prioritization, or does it just not register copilot voice commands?
Yet only after a few seconds, "That was not a joke."
What a strange computer. It's as Nitori said, it acts just like another person at times.
"You're almost there." Nitori's voice takes over. "You should establish neural connections as soon as you exit the mountain. The AI has full control of the movement until you do."
"Got it. Will do." The inertial stress on your body decreases as the damper system kicks in. It's almost tolerable, although you can still feel it in the pit of your stomach.
"Exiting elevator. Recommend switch to manual controls in 30 seconds."
You look forward as the entire platform rockets up through the rock face of the mountain. Only a split second later, everything suddenly turns to blue and green. You're outside the mountain, and rocketing upwards into the air.
"Space-time anomaly detected at 12 'o' clock high. Applying reverse thrust."
And then you stop. In less than a split second, the Durandal slows to a stop, hovering above the clouds high in the air.
>> No. 53432
[X] Establish neural connections
>> No. 53433
{X} Establish neural connections.
{X} Check how Aya's holding up~
>> No. 53435
{X} Establish neural connections.
{X} Check how Aya's holding up~
>> No. 53444
>"Space-time anomaly detected at 12 'o' clock high. Applying reverse thrust."

[x] Establish neural connections.
[x] "Dee, give me a visual and an analysis of the anomaly. Keep a set distance from it."
>> No. 53655
{X} Establish neural connections.
{X} Check how Aya's holding up~

Looks like Yukari wanted to watch the launch.
>> No. 53658
[x] Establish neural connections.
[x] Check how Aya's holding up~
[x] "Dee, give me a visual and an analysis of the anomaly. Keep a set distance from it."
>> No. 53659
[x] Establish neural connections.
[x] Check how Aya's holding up~
[x] "Dee, give me a visual and an analysis of the anomaly. Keep a set distance from it.
>> No. 53672
[x] Establish neural connections.
[x] Check how Aya's holding up.
[x] "Dee, give me a visual and an analysis of the anomaly. Keep a set distance from it.
[x] Attempt to use a monocle on Durandal.
>> No. 53714
You press the button on the keyboard labeled 'N. Link'. 30 seconds or whatever, you think it's about time to see what this thing can do. You're anxious to see what this anomaly could possibly be.
What you weren't expecting, however, was for a helmet to suddenly drop into your lap. Like the last one, it appears to be a pilot's helmet, although it's a little more advanced than what you're used to. Again, there's a black visor covering the eyes, and an oxygen mask strapped to the side. You don't notice any wires connecting it, and place it on your head. You lower the visor, and wrap the mask around your face. The visor flickers to life, giving you a view of the outside world. Faced with the sudden change in perspective and altitude, you start to feel dizzy. Durandal's mechanical voice emanates from the inside of the helmet.
"Establishing pilot neural link. Switching flight control to manual assist mode. Initiating test sequence. Please move your right arm."
You obey, holding your arm to your face. You're not surprised when you see Durandal's hand--not yours--in front of your eyes.
"Link established. Operating at 99% effectiveness." The speaking stops as a small heads-up display appears in the lower left hand corner of your vision. "Copilot link is now fully operational. Bringing weapons systems online. Weapons systems set to safe. Systems show all-green. Switching to normal mode."
You guess Aya's got one of these weird helmets as well. The safety function it has for weapons may be useful as well. The issue of whether or not Aya can handle a gun is suspect.
"Display anomaly on-screen." You demand, flipping up the darkened visor with little more than a thought. Almost immediately, the forward display shows the sky above. You see nothing.
"What is this? Where is it?"
"Space-time anomaly is on-screen. Sensors indicate a Class-A type dimensional barrier precisely 1.480 kilometers directly above."
"It's the Border, Snake." Aya's voice comes through your helmet headset as well.
"She certainly is technical about it, huh?" You shrug. Well, Durandal shrugs. You'd forgotten you were connected to it. The visor flips back down automatically, a red warning appearing in the center.
"Warning. Two incoming objects approaching on radar. Estimated time of arrival, three seconds."
"Jesus Christ!" You turn around, following an arrow on your HUD pointing to the objects. "Tell me these things earlier!"
"Snake!" Youmu's voice comes through the headset. As you turn, you notice the incoming objects are none other than Youmu and Elly.
"Understood. Will notify pilot of approaching objects 10 seconds in advance" Durandal responds to your last order. "Marking objects as friendly. Listed: Elly, Youmu."
It seems it reacts to some of your thoughts as well.
"What kept ya?" You hear Aya's voice in the background.
"This and that." Youmu floats up to your eye level, carrying Elly on her back. "Elly can't fly, and I needed a few changes made on the suit. How's everything holding up in there?"
"Couldn't be better!" The new system is so much easier to use than the last one. Most of the tedious tasks are automatic.
"So where to, then?" Youmu shifts her weight, trying to keep Elly from falling.

[ ] Lake
[ ] Bamboo forest
[ ] Nitori's lab
[ ] Human village
[ ] Other (Specify location)
>> No. 53715
[X] Lake

>Weapon fuel reserves 20%. Recommend refuel at nearest body of water
>> No. 53718
[X] Lake
Have to charge the jet cutter first. Both that and the Apophis system might be needed if we run into something.
>> No. 53721
[ ] Lake
>> No. 53723
[x] Lake
Then
[x] Bamboo forest
>> No. 53724
[ ] Lake
>> No. 53756
[x] LAAAAAAAAKE
>> No. 53839
>>53714
>What you weren't expecting, however, was for a helmet to suddenly drop into your lap.

"The Vital Apparatus Vent will deliver a Neural Link Immersion Unit in three, two, one..."

[x] Lake
[x] "Dee, set course for the Scarlet Devil Lake to refuel the primary jet cutter. We'll perform a live-fire weapons testing as soon as we're refueled."
[x] "Also, the neural link is at 99% effectiveness--how do we bring that to 100%?"
>> No. 53860
Updates?
>> No. 53986
"We should start with the lake, then head over to the bamboo forest. We need to refuel the main gun's water supply."
A hint of revulsion appears on Youmu's face as you finish your sentence. Reluctantly, she nods in agreement. Elly doesn't seem to be in a position to do much more than quiver in fear. Apparently, not everybody is capable of flight in this world.
"A decent plan of action." She replies thoughtfully, interrupted shortly thereafter by Aya.
"And without further ado.." She points forward, dramatically. "Let's GO!"
"Activating thrusters. Destination set to nearby lake. Estimated time of arrival, 6.3 minutes." You feel the boosters kick in, the added gravity forces forcing you into your seat. "Activating autopilot control."
"Guess we can rest for a bit, then." She takes off her helmet. Although the air in the cockpit is conditioned and not hot at all, strands of hair stick to the inside as it comes off. She kicks her feet over the back of your chair.
"You look comfortable." You give her a mild sarcastic response. She may be a little too relaxed, considering the situation.
Noticing on your poor tone of voice, she sends you a repugnant glare and a toothy grin.
"It's not like anything's going to attack us, now is there?" She yawns, purposefully stretching it out in an absurd act of defiance.
You give up. "Well, at least keep your seat belt on. I don't want you getting hurt if something happens." You turn around and face forward. The lake is only a few miles off, but you can see it clearly beyond the cloudless sky.
Your stomach suddenly lurches into your throat.
"What the-"
"Beginning descent. Recommend copilot maintain correct posture."
"You too?!" Aya yells at the computer in disdain, but at least she's sitting up straight. You can almost hear that emotionless A.I.'s voice laughing.
Ahead of you, the lake becomes closer and closer, until you're standing directly over it. You can see the legs skimming the surface.
"Activating siphon. Estimated fuel time 30 seconds."
You weren't expecting it to be quite so fast. Another progress bar appears on the screen, and Youmu floats back into your line of sight. Good, she was able to keep up.
"Fueling complete. Proceeding to next destination. Estimated time of arrival, 1.2 minutes."
It seems to do everything automatically, following your instructions to the letter without argument. You should probably expect as much when dealing with a machine.
It lifts off into the air, and proceeds Southwest towards the forest. It doesn't take nearly as long, and you fly directly over the village. The forest is just south of it, stretching for miles and miles with almost no signs of development. So this is what bamboo looks like when it grows unchecked. You could see yourself easily getting lost inside it.
You touch down at the edge of the forest, just below the village. You can see a few of the houses in the distance.
"Well, time to get out." You pull off your helmet.
"Neural link interference detected. Shutting down system. Returning to A.I. thrall mode."
"Could you open the hatch, Dee?" Aya again uses the abbreviated name she came up with. It's easy to say and remember, so maybe you should use it as well.
"Understood. Opening hatch."
The cockpit depressurizes, and you feel the entire cockpit begin to move backwards. You see daylight with your own eyes. Unlike before, the cockpit lowers itself all the way to the ground, allowing you to exit without having to climb all the way down. Once you and Aya are clear of it, the cockpit retracts, returning to it's original position.
"Should we really leave her here?" Aya looks t you questioningly.
"As much as I'd rather not, it would seem we've little choice." You shrug, taking another look up at the machine's head.
"Activating phase-space drive. Please stand clear." It's still speaking! You thought it would turn off once you left it. You take several steps back involuntarily, watching as the space around it begins to twist and distort, as if the air suddenly became burning hot.
Then suddenly, Durandal in it's entirety vanishes into the cloud, not suddenly but bit by bit, erasing itself starting at the head and moving down to it's feet. What remains in its place is a round patch of smoldering earth, and a man-sized representation of itself standing still like a statue.
"What?" Elly pushes herself off Youmu's back, eyes wide as she stares at the shallow crater.
"It can do that, too?" You cautiously step forward, reaching out and poling the statue between it's eyes.
It's head turns toward you suddenly, knocking you backwards off your feet in surprise.
"What the hell!" You yell, eyes wide as the machine glares at you.
"At this size, it is no longer necessary to leave me behind."
You pull yourself to your feet, grasping the situation a little better.
"What the hell was all that just now?!" You can't seem to lower your voice, though. The sensation of shock and surprise lingers in the back of your mind.
"With variable energy allocation, the space compression system is able to scale an object to any size. This fuselage is no exception. Excess mass is stored as potential energy until access is required."
"So you wanted to come with us?" Aya smiles at the pint-sized robot.
"Correct."
A simple response. No mention of mission parameters or anything. You find yourself felling impressed, the earlier surprise wearing away with each passing second.
Yet just as you're starting to feel relaxed, Durandal whips out a handgun of sorts, pointing it towards the forest.
"Heat signatures detected at 30 feet. Standing by for further orders."
"We're supposed to meet some people here. Stand down."
It lowers its weapon, but you can tell it's become more alert. At this size, it's programmed-in mannerisms make it seem almost human.
The 'heat signatures' slowly approach you from the trees. The first, you recognize as the girl snooping around Aya's place the night before. The other is much taller, about average human height. She's wearing a clean, white dress shirt with a light purple skirt. Her hair is almost knee-length.
"You're early." The smaller one stares at you derisively.
>> No. 53989
[X] "You're a nuisance"
>> No. 53992
[X] "I hope you have useful information regarding the dragon"
>> No. 53993
>"You're early." The smaller one stares at you derisively.

[x] "Stuff it buttercup, adults are talking."
[x] Address the taller one: "I'm Snake. I'm assuming you're Eientei's representative, Miss...?"
>> No. 53999
[x] "You're short."
>> No. 54001
[+] "Stuff it buttercup, adults are talking."
[+] Address the taller one: "I'm Snake. I'm assuming you're Eientei's representative, Miss...?"
>> No. 54002
[X] "Stuff it buttercup, adults are talking."
[X] Address the taller one: "I'm Snake. I'm assuming you're Eientei's representative, Miss...?"

I love this
>> No. 54029
Of course, since she didn't bother to specify a time or anything, you wouldn't have known when to show up anyway. People around here seem to leave out important details like that. It gets annoying after a while, and with an attitude like this shrimp has going, it just makes it that much worse.
You turn to the girl with a glint of malice in your eye. "Stuff it buttercup, the adults are talking."
She reacts, clenching her teeth in what you could only call rage. The kid can sure dish it out, but she can't take even a little of her own medicine. It makes you smile, but the feeling of victory only lasts for a split second, interrupted suddenly by Durandal's hollow voice.
"Shall I shoot them?"
"No need." You reply, matching your eyes against the kid's malicious stares. You turn to the taller one, who's bunny ears look a little ragged and worn out. Yu wonder why they wear them..
"I'm assuming you're the representative of..." What was it called again?
"Eientei." She completes the sentence, wary of the robot standing just next to you. "Indeed, I am as such. You may call me Reisen."
"Tewi!" The smaller one pipes up beside her.
You give her a quick condescending glare, snorting as you spit out a few words of contempt. "I didn't ask for yours, jackass."
She growls at you. Audibly, growls. Like an animal. You want to laugh. The sight of her enraged expression makes you want to drop to your knees and laugh until your sides hurt. That would be payback enough, wouldn't it? Again, your moment of victory is broken.
"If you will follow me, my master would like to have a word with you." The one calling herself Reisen motions for you to follow her as she walks into the bamboo forest ahead.
You follow close behind, careful not to lose sight of both your guides and your group. Elly, who seems most prone to losing herself, is keeping up well enough with Youmu walknig behind her. Aya makes several futile attempts to hold conversation with Durandal on several subjects. You can't help but laugh when Aya asks if the robot knows what love is.
"What?!" She glares at you, as if this was the most meaningful conversation in her life and you'd just made fun of her. "What's wrong with it?!"
"She's a machine, Aya. I doubt she'll know the answer to that kind of question." Durandal maintains it's silence, seemingly refusing to answer the question. You give her a firm pat on the back. "It's fine, you don't have to answer." You find yourself referring to it and recognizing it as female, in spite of the fact that you recognize it as a machine. It must be the fact that it's voice is unmistakably feminine.
"Understood."
You sigh. Again, she takes you a little too seriously. You surrender the fight, turning to face forward. Just ahead, you can make out the shame of a fairly large house. Strange that it's out here in the middle of nowhere. Maybe whoever lives here doesn't want to be found.
The rabbit-eared girls lead you to the front door before silently departing around the back. You open the simple wooden door and walk inside. Following the actions of the others, you remove your boots at the entrance before setting foot inside the house. As she doesn't have shoes, Durandal just hovers several inches off the ground. The exhaust from the lit thrusters on her back and knees produce no smell--and from the way everyone just stands behind her, no heat as well. She follows close behind, holding that pistol ready in case of attack. She won't put it down no matter how many times you tell her to, so you just accept it as a lost cause. At least she won't shoot unless you say so.
"Detecting two heat signatures at close proximity, estimated to be no greater than 10 feet. Multiple signatures detected at distances ranging from 30 to 100 feet."
You'd expect a place of this size to have quite a few residents. You look down the nearby hallways, seeing nothing more than clean hardwood flooring, and the stained wood of the walls.
Aya steps to the forefront of the group, heading down the hallway just to your left. "Follow me! I've been her once before!"
You take a quick look behind you as you walk o catch up to her. The rest of the group made it in okay, but Youmu's put up the head cover on the suit. Perhaps she doesn't want the people here to know who she is? If you hadn't known better, you'd say that the being inside that faceless silver shell was a machine, not a human- err, half ghost. Her movements betray no hint of her emotions, although the fact that she's treading so carefully tells you that she's uneasy.
You decide to stay close by, just in case she gets jumpy. Aya leads the group down another few turns before arriving at a set of cloth-covered wooden doors. Judging by the path you took, you can estimate you're no more than ten feet from the door. Taking into consideration Durandal's words previously, this room must be occupied.
Taking no care to be silent, Aya slams open the door and bursts into the room, keeping a certain playful air about her. The two women sitting in the room look up surprised, following Aya with their widened eyes as she jumps over to the small table they're sitting under.
"Hiya guys!" She smiles, widely. "Long time no see!"
The light-haired woman dressed in blue and red softens her expression. Not much, but just enough to make it noticeable that she's no longer so surprised.
"The Tengu certainly have taken a great interest in us lately." She turns to the dark-haired personification of beauty sitting across from her, smiling silently as if waiting for her to say something.
Instead, she flops forward, destroying the stoic atmosphere surrounding her in a single lazy motion. "Aya again?" She buries her head in her half-folded arms, waving dismissively at their unwelcomed guest. "I told you a thousand times, we're not from the moon. Stop looking to us for another new story, will you?"
Her lazy manner and speech pattern reminds you of a certain white-haired tomboy you met back at Keine's house. You wonder if they might know each other.
The woman in red and blue looks in your direction. Now alerted to your presence, she urges the other to sit up straight. She leans over the table, whispering something into the lazy woman's ear. All while Aya sits calmly, smiling from ear to ear.
"Ehh?" The dark-haired woman picks her head up. "Guests?" She looks to the door, a hint of agitation . "If you're selling something, we don't want any."
>> No. 54032
>>54029

[x] "Sorry, solicitations aren't my thing. The small "rabbit" over there said that we our attention was requested here for some reason."
>> No. 54033
Should try to sell Kaguya some life insurance.
>> No. 54035
[x] "The US Military does not go door to door selling things"

Because we all know how much Lunarians love Americans, right?
>> No. 54036
[x] "The US Military does not go door to door selling things"
>> No. 54038
[x] "The US Military does not go door to door selling things"
>> No. 54039
[x] "Sorry, solicitations aren't my thing. The small "rabbit" over there said that we our attention was requested here for some reason."
As funny as trying to sell Kaguya life insurance would be, I'll go with this.
>> No. 54066
[x] "The US Military does not sell its ordinance door-to-door, ma'am. Although, I think we could probably 'airmail' something to you if need be."
[x] Look at Eirin. "The mistress needs to cut down on her opium consumption."
[x] "Your rabbit sent for us. Dragon-slayer? Time traveler? Soldier? Yukari? Yuka? Shinki? Metal Gear? Border unraveling? Any of these ring any bells?"
>> No. 54075
"Sorry," You apologize in a sort of jest. "I'm not in the business of selling things. I'm a soldier by trade."
"Oh?" She gives you an odd look before turning to the woman across the table. She uses her thumb to point at you. "Friend of yours?"
"Not quite, though I did send for him." The woman slowly pulls herself to her feet, as if weighed down by years of lazing about. You wonder if they ever leave this room. She approaches you with a smile on her face. "You must be Snake." She looks you over, her intrusive stares make you a little uncomfortable. Eventually, her eyes settle on yours.
"My name is Eirin. By your presence I should assume the message reached you?"
"Yeah." Although the manner in which you received it was less than pleasing. As of yet, you've still to find out why you've been called to this house in the middle of nowhere. "Why am I here?"
"Yeah." The dark-haired woman who's yet to be named also decides to approach you. "Why is he here?"
Eirin doesn't answer immediately. You wait for her response.
"Indeed."
One word is all she says. She places a hand under her chin, as if in thought. Finally, the answer comes out.
"It's simple, really." She walks back and forth across the room, taking time between sentences to measure the moods of everybody in the room. "I'm curious. As it just so happens, I was visited by a rather unpleasant youkai the other day. She drank our wines, ate our food, and gave little thanks in return. Well, other than the story she told me about a certain outsider who's been tasked with hunting a dragon." She glances at you, as if to signal that she's talking about you. "The story piqued my curiosity, not because it was interesting and unusual. Rather, much like the youkai herself, the explanation she told was full of holes."
"Yukari, huh?" Aya gives the two women a sympathetic look, as if to say 'I know what you mean'.
"Who else would barge into somebody's house and steal all their stuff?" The dark-haired woman stomps her foot against the ground, irritated by the audacity of it. "It makes me sick!"
"Now now, Princess." Eirin attempts to calm her nerves. "Food and wine is a small price to pay if my hunch is correct." She turns to face you as the one she calls 'Princess' boils with aggression at the table. "Allow me to make a guess before proceeding." An inquisitive smile appears on her face. "Yukari probably told you that she brought you here, is that not correct?"
"That''s what she said." You remember conversing after your first run-in with her at the shrine. As Eirin said, her explanation was full of holes and unknowns that you're not really sure what to believe. "Although she told me she didn't know how to get me back through. Fact is, I came from the year 1945, apparently just before the end of the war."
"I see.." She taps her foot, making some sort of calculations in her head.
The others just behind you try their best to remain silent. Youmu especially. You've heard hardly a peep out of her since you got here. Durandal and Elly stand by the doorway like guards, and Aya is sharing some sort of cracker snacks with the Princess.
"Well," Eirin continues, having allowed herself time to think. "Were that the case, I doubt you'd have lived this long. You see, most of the people she spirits away from the outside world are little more than food to her and her servants. No, I bet the reason you're here is something entirely different."
"What might that be?" You ask. You're not sure you want to know the answer, but you mentally prepare for the worst.
"I can't say for certain, although it may be safe to believe that you came here on your own free will." She allows you time for her words to truly sink in. You don't know if that's possible. You've heard about strange things like out of body experiences and such, but the fact that you may have brought yourself into this world doesn't seem possible. You'd honestly liked it back home. Sure, jumping out of a plane into a hail of gunfire would make any man wish he were somewhere else, but.. maybe that's just it.
"It doesn't seem physically possible." Every ounce of willpower you have is devoted to keeping you calm. The last thing you want is a repeat of what happened with you and Mima. "How could a person just make himself not exist like that?"
"Like I said." She smiles, her glowing kindness calms your senses a bit. "It's merely a guess. Without a proper examination with the proper equipment, there's little else I could do." Her smile widens. "I happen to be a doctor, after all."
"Ha, ha~" The Princess shoots you a cold stare, grinning ever so slightly at some misfortune you've yet to experience. "Is it needle time, Eirin?"
Eirin takes the full force of the verbal attack, taken aback by the other woman's sudden ferocity. Yet she manages to maintain her calm, smiling as she turns around and walks over to the table.
"Kaguya?" She stands--arms crossed--looming over the reclined Princess. Aya, sensing some oncoming onslaught, flees to your side.
"Y-yes?" The Princess, Kaguya now realizes her mistake. She looks up nervously at the standing Eirin.
"I will ask that you do not behave so rudely in front of guests." You can sense a certain threatening tone to her words and smile. This, you realize, is a side of Eirin you'd rather not become familiar with.
Kaguya, sensing impending doom, suddenly sits up straight as a board. Content with the physical response, turns back to you. The aura of rage in the air dissipates, and the threatening hint to her smile is gone in an instant.
"I do apologize for her rude behavior." She gives a slight bow in apology, proceeding to her next point of conversation. "Now, as I was saying. I would very much like to determine the manner in which you came into this world. Would you be willing to submit to a quick examination? I can assure you that it will be entirely painless, and there will be no 'needles'." She shoots the Princess an outright angered glare with the word 'needles'.
You consider your options, which are few. On one hand, you may learn more about your passage into this world, and possibly more about yourself and what you're becoming. On the other hand, you have no idea what manner of 'examination' this could be.

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
>> No. 54076
[x] "The US Military does not go door to door selling things"
>> No. 54081
[X] Yes
>> No. 54083
File 121791013943.jpg - (37.59KB , 640x480 , 1.jpg ) [iqdb]
54083
[x] YES
>> No. 54084
[X] Yes
>> No. 54085
[x] "Full-work up Doc."
[x] "Just to alert you, I've apparently become increasingly youkai since meeting a certain vampire."
[x] "Sometimes I blackout and lose control, you got any pills that can suppress that?"
[x] "Or even something that works the other way around; I'll have to come up against Yuka again eventually."
[x] "Ah, and as I'm sure you'll be gaining quite a bit of research data relevant to your interests, and since I've no field morphine, could you lend me a bottle of painkillers?"
>> No. 54087
[x] "Full-work up Doc."
[x] "Just to alert you, I've apparently become increasingly youkai since meeting a certain vampire."
[x] "Sometimes I blackout and lose control, you got any pills that can suppress that?"
[x] "Or even something that works the other way around; I'll have to come up against Yuka again eventually."
[x] "Ah, and as I'm sure you'll be gaining quite a bit of research data relevant to your interests, and since I've no field morphine, could you lend me a bottle of painkillers?"
>> No. 54088
[x] "Full-work up Doc."
[x] "Just to alert you, I've apparently become increasingly youkai since meeting a certain vampire."
[x] "Sometimes I blackout and lose control, you got any pills that can suppress that?"
[x] "Or even something that works the other way around; I'll have to come up against Yuka again eventually."
[x] "Ah, and as I'm sure you'll be gaining quite a bit of research data relevant to your interests, and since I've no field morphine, could you lend me a bottle of painkillers?"

Woo! Painkillers would really be a big help.
>> No. 54093
[x] "Full-work up Doc."
[x] "Just to alert you, I've apparently become increasingly youkai since meeting a certain vampire."
[x] "Sometimes I blackout and lose control, you got any pills that can suppress that?"
[x] "Or even something that works the other way around; I'll have to come up against Yuka again eventually."
[x] "Ah, and as I'm sure you'll be gaining quite a bit of research data relevant to your interests, and since I've no field morphine, could you lend me a bottle of painkillers?"
>> No. 54179
[X] "Good, cause I got enough needles getting innoculated for the places I get dropped into."
[x] "Full-work up Doc."
[x] "Just to alert you, I've apparently become increasingly youkai since meeting a certain vampire."
[x] "Sometimes I blackout and lose control, you got any pills that can suppress that?"
[x] "Or even something that works the other way around; I'll have to come up against Yuka again eventually."
[x] "Ah, and as I'm sure you'll be gaining quite a bit of research data relevant to your interests, and since I've no field morphine, could you lend me a bottle of painkillers?"
>> No. 54192
[x] "Full-work up Doc."
[x] "Just to alert you, I've apparently become increasingly youkai since meeting a certain vampire."
[x] "Sometimes I blackout and lose control, you got any pills that can suppress that?"
[x] "Or even something that works the other way around; I'll have to come up against Yuka again eventually."
[x] "Ah, and as I'm sure you'll be gaining quite a bit of research data relevant to your interests, and since I've no field morphine, could you lend me a bottle of painkillers?"

NEEDLE TIME
>> No. 54199
[x] No?
>> No. 54208
[x] "Full-work up Doc."
[x] "Just to alert you, I've apparently become increasingly youkai since meeting a certain vampire."
[x] "Sometimes I blackout and lose control, you got any pills that can suppress that?"
[x] "Or even something that works the other way around; I'll have to come up against Yuka again eventually."
[x] "Ah, and as I'm sure you'll be gaining quite a bit of research data relevant to your interests, and since I've no field morphine, could you lend me a bottle of painkillers?"

IT'S NEEDLE TIME!
NO, EIRIN, NO!
>> No. 54224
"Alright, I'll do it." You shrug. There's really no reason why you shouldn't. As a soldier, you've become used to pain through several years of war. The thought of a needle or two doesn't faze you one bit.
"I thought you'd see things my way." She smiles, clasping your hands around yours. With no time to waste, she drags you from the room and down the hall. "This way, then. No time to lose!"
She seems awfully adamant about getting you under a microscope, or whatever she intends to do with you. The others, save for Aya following you down the hall, remain in the room with Kaguya. A few feet further down, Eirin turns into what appears to be an average doctor's office. She instructs you to wait in the room, and that she'll be back with some equipment.
You sit on a bed in the corner of the room with Aya by your side. She looks around the room, intrigued by some of the machines as you wait for Eirin to return.
"I wonder why she let me in here.." She mumbles curiously.
You really don't know. From Kaguya's words earlier, you can deduce that they're not the best of friends, or rather they seem a little annoyed by Aya's presence. You don't really object to her being here, so it's probably fine.
In a matter of minutes Eirin reappears in the doorway, wheeling in a cart of machinery. The purpose of the machines is a mystery to you. She waves Aya to the corner of the room, and instructs you to take off your shirt. You comply, unbuttoning the heavy jacket and setting it beside you. She holds up one of those mystery machines to your chest.
"Well, anything?" You ask after several minutes. Her expression doesn't betray any hint of discovery.
"No, nothing." She goes for the next machine, this one larger. She instructs you to next lay face down on the bed, and she positions the machine just above the back of your head.
"Hmm, that's odd." She looks carefully into a monitor attached to the device.
"What is it?" You gaze up at the machine looming just inches above you. It reminds you of an X-ray scanner, although it's far too small compared to the ones you've seen.
"I'm not sure, let me try reversing this, and.." She presses a button as she speaks, yet as soon as she presses it you no longer understand a word she says. In mid-sentence, she begins speaking a language you've never heard before. Aya leans over her shoulder, staring down at you as you give Eirin a confused stare.
She mutters something incomprehensible to Eirin, looking down at you with a concerned expression and speaking in clear English. "Something the matter?"
Eirin presses the same button a second time. Suddenly, you're able to understand every word they say. Eirin seems to have switched languages in the middle of a sentence.
"...and the barriers switch back to normal. There seems to be something else inside his ear, but.."
You know what the thing is in your ear, but why the hell did she suddenly start speaking in tongues? "Uhh, is this some sort of joke?"
"No, I can assure you it's not." Eirin scratches her head, staring at the monitor in a manner of subtle confusion. "Your understanding of languages has been altered a slight bit."
"So what does that mean?" You've broken the language barrier? It's a bunch of hogwash, but having experienced the effects first-hand, you're more apt to believe it.
"Simply put, it means you're currently able to understand and speak several different languages as if they were your native tongue."
"And the machine put it back to the way it was? Just then?"
"Yes, but only temporarily. The effect on your mind has been made permanent, and cannot be reversed." She smiles, reassuringly. "Don't worry, it doesn't affect anything else. I'm going to move to the next set of tests. Please hold still."
She folds away the machine, allowing you to sit up. She stows it on the bottom of the cart as she brings out a smaller tray. She picks up a small glass vial filled with red liquid, opens the lid, and holds it under your nose. The unmistakable scent of blood flows from it.
"Anything?" She stares deeply into your eyes, examining you for some sort of reaction.
"The smell of blood isn't something I like, but I don't feel any different." You wonder what she's getting at. "Why? Was something supposed to happen?"
"Mmm.." She looks off into the room for a second just before she pulls back the hand with the vial. She holds it over her shoulder, just under Aya's nose. You watch her knees buckle as she falls to the floor, suddely unconscious. Eirin catches her before she hits the floor.
"Something like that." Eirin smiles as if nothing happened, sitting Aya up onto the bed next to you.
You hold her up to keep her from falling, though it's not long before she snaps awake.
"What the--" She rubs her nose as if she'd just run it into a solid brick wall. "What happened?" She's taking it well, considering she almost got a concussion just seconds ago.
Eirin caps the vial, setting on down on the tray. "Celestial's blood. It's like silver to vampires. A weakness of sorts, if you will. Full-blooded youkai can't stand the sight of them. The test allows me to differentiate between youkai and ordinary humans."
"I'm hardly an ordinary human, though. The vampire girl told me that much when she offered to help me out. I'm a lot stronger than I remember being, I suddenly lose control of my own body on occasion, and my eyes are glowing red. Until a few weeks ago, none of this was true. Is there anything you can tell me about that?"
"Vampire girl, hmm?" She gives you an inquisitive glance as she takes something else from the cart. Another strange machine. "Well, when it comes to youkai that were formerly human, the effectiveness of that method is about 50%. Though you are exhibiting symptoms of it, the possibility that you're becoming a youkai is still suspect. To be completely honest, I wouldn't be able to tell unless I were to cause serious damage to your body." She shrugs, as if what she'd just said didn't matter in the slightest bit. You'd rather not be killed in order to prove or disprove the possibility.
"I'm afraid we're going to have to scratch that idea, then." You wave your hand, as if trying to wave of the idea--and the thought of possibly being chopped to bits.
"Indeed, I wouldn't dream of it." Eirin nods in response, placing the device back on the table. Either she's lying and that thing she set down was some kind of death device, or it held another purpose.
She stands up, writing something on a yellow pad of paper. "Well, there's little else I can tell you aside from the fact that your mind has been altered slightly by something or someone, there's a speaker in your ear canal that's receiving radio signals from somewhere, and that you're slowly becoming less and less human." Of course, before the conclusion of things, she picks up another object from the table--an empty syringe.
"If you don't mind, I'd like to draw some blood for further testing." She holds the object between her middle and index fingers, pointing the covered needle in your direction.
>> No. 54225
>>54224

[x] "Go ahead."
>> No. 54226
[$] "Go ahead."
>> No. 54227
{X} "Go ahead."
>> No. 54228
[x] "Go ahead."
>> No. 54237
[x] "Go ahead."
>> No. 54239
[+] "Go ahead."
Military man. Had much worse poking and prodding done than this.
>> No. 54240
File 121798094553.jpg - (14.10KB , 150x167 , alangabriel.jpg ) [iqdb]
54240
[x] "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."
>> No. 54294
"Go ahead."
You'll just grin and bear it. A pinprick like this is nothing when compared to a gunshot, but as you can see this one coming, the feeling of dread is heightened. But at least you're blood's still red.
It's over in less than a few seconds, and relatively painless. She seems well-versed in what she's doing.
"All done." She packs up the equipment, placing the needle on the tray, careful not to spill blood onto the wooden floor below. She wheels the cart out of the room, now standing in the doorway. "I'll have the results back in a few hours. In the meantime, please feel free to make yourselves at home."
You don't refuse the offer, thanking her for the hospitality as she disappears from sight. What she feels she may be gained from all this, you don't know. What you do know is this: you're starving. You take Aya by the hand, and return to the other room.
Everybody, save for Durandal, has seated themselves at the table. Elly is engaged in some friendly conversation with the Princess, and Youmu is still stiff as a board. What is she hiding from? No matter, you won't give her identity away so casually, and you take a seat at the open end of the table. Aya squeezes herself in next to you.
"Oh ho!" Kaguya sends the Tengu an insidious grin. "Getting a little close, aren't we Aya?"
Never the one to lose, Aya devises a clever retort. She returns to Kaguya the same cunning glance. "Oh ho! Still jobless as ever. Eh, Kaguya?"
"You remind me of someone." Kaguya holds her gaze. "Perhaps I should kill you too? Unlike her, you won't come back."
Their gazes match, loading the room with a murderous tension. The heavy silence lasts for a matter of seconds.
Then suddenly, the two break out laughing.
"Haha, same as ever! You moonmen never change!" Aya announces, suddenly becoming friendly with the woman who threatened to kill her not even minutes ago.
"I'd have it no other way." Kaguya nods curtly, "How goes the business?"
Aya pats you on the back, smiling widely. "This guy here's gotten himself thrown into something amazing! I'm following him around and writing about it."
Kaguya covers her mouth, holding the overlong sleeve of her shirt just ahead of her face to mask her expression. "So now you're with him now?" Her eyes narrow.
"Er, well.." Aya blushes feverishly. Without saying anything, she's already given the answer away. "A lot happened, and.."
"I see." Kaguya turns to you. "Hmm.. You have odd tastes as always, Tengu. Tell me sir, do you enjoy her company?" You can almost see her grinning behind that sleeve covering her mouth.
"Sorry, Princess. I never kiss and tell." You grin, holding a hand to your face and stroking the stubs of hair covering your chin.
She seems amused by your response. "Oh ho, quite an audacious young man, isn't he?"
"You don't know the half of it." Aya shakes her head, placing a hand to her forehead.
"What's wrong?" Kaguya turns her attention back to the redfaced Aya. "Is this mortal too much for you to handle? I could take him off your hands, if you'd like." She gives you a quick, suggestive glance.
"No, I can handle him just fine." Aya squeezes your hand under the table. "Can we please change the subject?"
"Yes, of course." Another provocative glance from the Princess. "Could you enlighten an old friend on this 'something amazing'?" You wonder if she gets her kicks by messing with people, or if there's something she sees in you.
"Ah, yes, well.." Aya takes her time thinking about the past week's worth of events. She describes your adventures, going into as little detail as possible. She describes the day she met you, the journey from the mountain to the village, the run-in with Yuka.. At that point, Kaguya becomes slightly more intrigued.
"You were attacked by the flower youkai?" Kaguya attempts to hold back her laughter. What part of that she's laughing at, you don't know. But Elly, who's been unaware of the event since you met her, has heard enough. She slams her scythe down onto the table, breaking the thick wooden frame into pieces. The four of you back away reflexively.
"Wha-What the--?" Kaguya stands up in shock.
"Y-You.." Out of the entire group, Elly chooses to take up arms against you. She holds the staff with both hands, holding the blade menacingly in front of her. "Miss Yuka.."
Without making another sound, she slams the blunt edge weapon into your ribs, forcing the air out of your lungs. Before you have time to catch your breath, she's got you against the wall, pressing the blade's dull side against your throat. The others look on helplessly as Elly tries to crush your windpipe with the weapon, forcing your head up and your eyes to her face. Her yellow eyes burn, overwrought with despair and rage.
"YOU HURT MISS YUKA!"
>> No. 54296
[x] "It gets better too, she even tried to rape me."
>> No. 54297
[x] Remember the basics of CQC
>> No. 54299
>>54297
wow just a split second too fast for me
[x] Remember the basics of CQC
>> No. 54302
[x] Remember the basics of CQC
[x] "I don't think anything could really hurt Yuka, Elly."
[x] "Besides, it was self-defense. She was trying to rape, kill, and/or eat me. And not necessarily in that order."
>> No. 54305
[X] Remember Special CQC Technique: Overpowering an enemy with a large weapon
[X] "I don't think anything could really hurt Yuka, Elly."
[X] "Besides, it was self-defense. She was trying to rape, kill, and/or eat me. And not necessarily in that order."
>> No. 54306
[x] Remember the basics of CQC
[x] "I don't think anything could really hurt Yuka, Elly."
[x] "Besides, it was self-defense. She was trying to rape, kill, and/or eat me. And not necessarily in that order."
>> No. 54308
[x] Remember the basics of CQC
[x] "I don't think anything could really hurt Yuka, Elly."
[x] "Besides, it was self-defense. She was trying to rape, kill, and/or eat me. And not necessarily in that order."
>> No. 54316
You can't argue with that point. You had to fight her, though. You'd have died if you didn't! But against this wall with a blade in your face, you're neither able to speak nor fight back. No matter what, you don't want to have to hurt Elly, but she's giving you no alternative. You can feel your consciousness fading fast, and if you don't, you'll die.
"Elly!" Aya calls from across the room. "Stop it!"
Elly doesn't acknowledge the plea. Instead, she looks intensely into your eyes as her burning anger grows.
"Why should I?!" She answers, letting up the pressure against your neck just enough so that you can breathe. Your consciousness comes crashing back as you gasp for breath.
"We had no choice!" Aya continues her attempts to reach out to Elly. "If we didn't she'd have killed us! Would you rather we were dead?!"
It works. You note a significant conflict within Elly's expression. Had you been dead, she'd never have seen the light of day again. The fact she's here now is all thanks to you. Yet in the end, the side that tells her to kill you wins. Her eyes burn with a renewed rage as she holds the weapon firm.
"Better you than her!" With her eyes focused on you, it's as if she were talking to you alone and not the entire group. If you don't get out of this quickly, she'll kill you for certain!
"Enough." A stern voice comes from behind her. Youmu's head--and sword appear from behind Elly. She holds the sword to the enraged girl's throat, pulling her away from you. "If you truly wish to kill us, I shall be your first opponent."
Youmu twists her entire body, throwing Elly across the room. She slams into the far wall, bouncing forward from the impact. She yelps in a mix of surprise and pain as Youmu steps between the two of you.
But this isn't something you should leave her to contend with. This is something you've got to handle yourself. You place a hand on Youmu's shoulder, pushing her aside.
"Snake?" She wheels around in surprise as you watch Elly lift herself from the ground. Seeing your determined expression, Youmu backs down.
You've dealt with Elly once before, and you can do it again. Without a weapon, you're at a disadvantage. The knife in your boot is the only thing you're still carrying with you. You grab it, brandishing it in the usual manner, waiting for Elly to make the first move.
"Hold it!" Kaguya steps in, blocking both your advances. "If you've a mind to fight, do it outside. I'll not have you wrecking my house with your pitiful squabbling." She's completely destroyed your will to fight. In truth, it may be no more than a pitiful squabble.
"Honestly, I don't feel much like fighting." Perhaps you can use this to resolve the situation peacefully. Your neck hurts, but you're free of injury otherwise. You'd like to keep it that way.
Elly continues to glare with a bloodlust that could scare a bear out of it's skin.
"Outside. Now." She holds her weapon forward, as if pointing it towards you, and then moves it towards the door. It looks like you're not going to be able to stop this without a fight, but it's still worth a shot. You have a seat where you stand, crossing your legs and falling to the floor.
"No." You continue to match gazes with the enraged woman. Your refusal both confuses and angers her more. Well, if you can't stop her, you can at least make her angry enough that she'll be unfit for combat.
"Get up!" She slams the weapon into the ground, trying to scare you from your seat. You don't allow it to work.
"I don't want to fight you."
"Get UP!" SLAM! She beats it against the floor a second time.
You've reached a stalemate. You don't want to fight her, and she'll stop at nothing to have your head on a platter. If you manage to defeat her, it may work itself out.. Somehow.
You pull yourself to your feet, careful not to let your eyes stray from Elly. "Have it your way, then." You turn to the others with complete confidence. "You guys stay here. I'll be back shortly."
You wave once as you head out the door. Elly's already left by the time you make it into the hall, and you're only a short distance behind her. You follow her silently, watching as she stops at the door, throws her shoes on, and slams the door behind her as she steps into the forest.
"Snake!" You turn to face Youmu, who's disobeyed your orders and followed you out. She holds out her longsword. "Take this!"
>> No. 54317
[X] It's dangerous to go alone. Take Youmu's sword.
>> No. 54318
[ ] "you honestly think i'm better off with a sword i've never trained with than with the knife i've killed dozens with?"
>> No. 54326
[x] Devour the sword and convert it into raw spiral energy. Finish off Elly with a Lagann Impact.
>> No. 54331
[X] It's dangerous to go alone. Take Youmu's sword.
>> No. 54342
[+] It's dangerous to go alone. Take Youmu's sword.
Eh, whatever. Worse comes to worst, we can just drop it and go back to the trusty knife.
>> No. 54359
She holds the weapon horizontally in her outstretched hand, compelling you to take it along. Weaponless as you are, you take it from her willingly.
"I'll bring it back shortly."
"Please do."
You step outside into the thicket of bamboo ahead. Elly's nowhere to be found, probably waiting in ambush somewhere in the undergrowth. You draw the blade in preparation for the impending attack.
It never comes. You walk around for a minute or two, on your toes for an attacker that never shows herself. You can't let your guard down yet, though. She may be smarter than you thought she was. A battle tactic like this would wear down an ordinary opponent enough to make them drop their guard. You wait for the attack, methodically searching the nearby area, never losing sight on the house in the middle of things.

It's been several hours, and it appears to be getting dark. You've traced the same path around the house how many times now? Seven? Eight? Your mind weary, you head back to the front door, using every last ounce of your concentration to maintain your guard. As you manage your way through the trees, you spot something. A fleck of brown in a forest of otherwise nothing but green. Yet it's not the color that catches your eye, but the fact that it's moving. In the same direction you're headed towards the house. The object slowly comes into view as you round the next thicket.
It's Elly, rubbing her eyes and sobbing silently to herself. You sheathe the blade as you sneak up behind her.
"You got lost, didn't you?" You ask her, no more than a few feet from her back. Just far enough to be out of the range of that scythe, you figure.
She turns around, her body tensing up in surprise. She stares at you with wide, teary eyes, but despite the sudden shock she still manages to find her weapon. She unfolds it, and points it at you as her expression returns to the determined and angered one you remember last seeing on her face. Yet with tears streaming down her face, it's hard to take seriously.
"I'm not lost!" She huffs, swinging the weapon recklessly at you, cutting down the trees where you once stood.
You dodge it with ease, staying just outside it's range as the trees topple over between the two of you. You draw Youmu's blade and prepare to attack.
"If I win, will you come inside?" You ask, remaining calm as she holds the scythe close to her.
"What if I win? Then what?!" She yells, tears still streaming down her face.
"Then I'll grovel in front of Yuka and beg for forgiveness on my hands an knees. With that be enough?"
She nods, swinging the weapon again. It's such an unwieldy thing, and you can see her attacks coming before she even swings her arms. You jump over the arc of her blade and plant your feet directly in front of her. You grab her weapon in one hand, and placing your elbow against the crook of her arm, you try to throw her to the ground.
Though it does little more than throw her off balance. She jumps on one foot, attempting to right her center of gravity. With one more push, you have her laying weaponless on the ground.
You sheathe Youmu's blade. "Will you come inside now? I've had enough of this."
She glares at you with that tear-streaked face as she pulls herself off the ground. You hand her the scythe as you turn and walk away. The look in her eye tells you she won't be attacking you anymore.
"Why?" You stop in your tracks, hearing her call after you.
"Why aren't you angry? Why don't you hate me?"
Why indeed? She'd tried to kill you several times today, but you just can't bring yourself to hate her when she's crying like this.
"I guess that's just the kind of person I am." You hear her footsteps following you. "Now come on, it's about dinner time and I'm starving."
She follows you in silence back inside. Youmu waits for you at the front door, and you hand her the weapon as you walk inside.
"I told you I'd bring it back." You smile, waving her after you as you sit down to take your shoes off.
Elly stands in the doorway, looking down at you, crestfallen. You return her gaze, taking off your second boot.
"I won't apologize for what I did. Thanks to that, we all made it out alive." You hold your tongue, gauging her reaction. Her anger seems to have dissipated. "I don't think she's concerned much with it, either." She didn't even bother mentioning it during your encounter in the springs.
Elly flips her shoes off, stepping silently ahead of you into the house. She doesn't answer you as she slips away down into the hallway.
"Tough crowd." You sigh, relieved that the ordeal has ended.
"We should head in too." Youmu flips up her face mask, hiding her identity once again. You want to ask why she insists on doing that, but there's more pressing matters at hand. Namely, food. You can smell something coming from one of the hallways, and you follow the scent trail.
It leads you back into the room Elly had trashed earlier. Although every last dent she made in the walls, floor, and furniture has gone. You retake your seat next to Aya at what appears to be the same table. The others, including Elly and the rabbit-eared girls, have gathered around for the meal sitting at the table. You dig in, eating until your stomach's full. The two bunny girls carry off the dishes as the rest of you laze around the table. if there's anything you want to ask, now is the perfect time.
>> No. 54361
[X] Over the CODEC, ask Youmu what's up with the mask stuff
>> No. 54363
[X] Over the CODEC, ask Youmu what's up with the mask stuff

good call, forgot about that
>> No. 54367
[x] "It's been a few hours, maybe someone should check up on the good doctor?"
>> No. 54452
[x] "It's been a few hours, maybe someone should check up on the good doctor?"

Maybe she found something, lets go check
>> No. 54462
[x] Inventory check
[x] Ask Kaguya why she was laughing when Aya told her about Yuka.
[x] Show Kaguya the Sunflower Pendant; ask if she's seen any similar pendants.
[x] Ask Durandal what she "eats" if anything.
[x] "So, Dee. I know about your combat capabilities in your larger form, but what about that pistol you're carrying? And are you programmed for hand-to-hand combat?"
[x] "It's been a few hours, maybe someone should check up on the good doctor?"

The mask thing we can ask Youmu after we leave.
>> No. 54464
[x] Inventory check
[x] Ask Kaguya why she was laughing when Aya told her about Yuka.
[x] Show Kaguya the Sunflower Pendant; ask if she's seen any similar pendants.
[x] Ask Durandal what she "eats" if anything.
[x] "So, Dee. I know about your combat capabilities in your larger form, but what about that pistol you're carrying? And are you programmed for hand-to-hand combat?"
[x] "It's been a few hours, maybe someone should check up on the good doctor?"
>> No. 54528
[x] Inventory check
[x] Ask Kaguya why she was laughing when Aya told her about Yuka.
[x] Show Kaguya the Sunflower Pendant; ask if she's seen any similar pendants.
[x] Ask Durandal what she "eats" if anything.
[x] "So, Dee. I know about your combat capabilities in your larger form, but what about that pistol you're carrying? And are you programmed for hand-to-hand combat?"
[x] "It's been a few hours, maybe someone should check up on the good doctor?"
tie breakan vote
>> No. 54534
[x] Inventory check
[x] Ask Kaguya why she was laughing when Aya told her about Yuka.
[x] Show Kaguya the Sunflower Pendant; ask if she's seen any similar pendants.
[x] Ask Durandal what she "eats" if anything.
[x] "So, Dee. I know about your combat capabilities in your larger form, but what about that pistol you're carrying? And are you programmed for hand-to-hand combat?"
[x] "It's been a few hours, maybe someone should check up on the good doctor?"
>> No. 54544
[※] Inventory check
[※] Ask Kaguya why she was laughing when Aya told her about Yuka.
[※] Show Kaguya the Sunflower Pendant; ask if she's seen any similar pendants.
[※] Ask Durandal what she "eats" if anything.
[※] "So, Dee. I know about your combat capabilities in your larger form, but what about that pistol you're carrying? And are you programmed for hand-to-hand combat?"
[※] "It's been a few hours, maybe someone should check up on the good doctor?"
>> No. 54614
Inventory~

1 Gear bag (Durandal storage)
- 1 Nitori rifle (Infinite ammunition. Built by SCIENCE, powered by IMAGINATION)
- 1 Entrenching tool (Sharpened multipurpose)
- 10 Hand grenades (Fragmentation type)
- 188 Pictures (Grows mysteriously with time)
- 5 M1911 mags (+19 spare rounds)
- 8 Canned food
- 1 Mess kit
- 1/2 Camouflage paint kit (+50% Index in woodlands)
- 1 Small tent (3 people max capacity)
- 10 Cigars (Generic brand, in a classy cedar box)
- 1 Mysterious box
- 27 Generic spellcards (Various effects)
- 1 Dangerous spellcard (Effect unknown, 1 soul required for use)
- 1 Bag of jewels (Unknown effect)
- 1 Small mirror


Equipped Snake:
1 Black headband (+3 badass skill)
1 Camouflage BDU (+50% Index in woodlands)
1 Damascus knife (Possible magic properties)
1 Shinigami cell phone (Death on speed dial)
2 Youkai monocle (Classy!)
1 Compass
1 Sunflower Pendant (Unknown effect)

Equipped Aya:
1 Dark grey camouflage BDU (+80% Index in dark places)
1 Wooden box

Equipped Youmu:
1 Cybernetic suit (Unknown % strength boost)
1 Black trench coat (Mysterious!)
1 Butterfly pendant (Unknown effect)

Equipped Durandal:
1 Customized M1911A1 pistol (No feed problems)
1 DHMO jet cannon (Fuel reserves 100%)
1 Variable use assault rifle (Infinite ammunition, powered by IMAGINATION)
1 Sonic blade (Tungsten-carbide tipped for greater durability)
2 Underarm cannons (10,000 rounds remaining)
6 missile pods (600 rounds remaining)
1 Apophis weapon system (Releases armor plating into anti-gravity field. +200% Speed and defense gain. 80% fuel reserves required for use.)
>> No. 54630
No notes attached, I like to read those ;_;
>> No. 54631
>Equipped Aya:
>1 Wooden box

What is this?
>> No. 54633
>>1 Variable use assault rifle (Infinite ammunition, powered by IMAGINATION)
>>powered by IMAGINATION

So thats why Durandal is using the pistol.
>> No. 54634
>- 188 Pictures (Grows mysteriously with time)

[x] "Where the hell are these pictures coming from?"
>> No. 54647
"So..." You try to think of a decent way to start a conversation. You've several questions you'd like answered, but you don't exactly know how to ask them. You start with the simplest one first.
You turn your attention to Kaguya. "When Aya said we were attacked by Yuka, you were laughing. Why?"
She leans back, resting her head and upper back against the wall as she replies with a contented smile.
"It's nothing, really. I just figured that it was an awfully Yuka-like thing for her to do. She attacks people at random like that. Nobody knows why."
"She does not!" Elly raises a fist to the Princess.
"So you say.." Kaguya doesn't respond with anything more than a tired stare. "People change over time. I doubt she's the person you remember."
"She is to!" Elly lowers her fist, but continues to sulk over in her corner of the room.
"As I was saying." Kaguya turns her eyes back to you. "She's the type who goes around beating people up for no good reason. A very youkai-like youkai, that woman."
She picks herself up, leaning forward over the table. She stares right at you, full of carefree inquisitiveness. "Anything else you'd like to know?"
You pull out the flower pendant, placing it on the table in front of her. "Seen any more of these? I've somehow managed to find two of them."
As if on queue, Youmu draws out the other one. Kaguya, as if not to be defeated, tosses another object on the table. It's a third pendant, in the shape of a crescent moon.
"Like this?" She grins, cheerfully.
"Any idea what they're for?"
"Absolutely none." She places hers back inside the folds of her shirt as the others are withdrawn by you and Youmu. "I've had this since I was born, which as you're probably unaware, was over a thousand years prior. I've carried it with me ever since."
So they're really old. It doesn't help to answer any questions, but instead poses many more. Rather, you're surprised a woman of this level of beauty could have lived for a millennium. She doesn't look older than 20.
"Now, if you don't object, I will retire for the night." Kaguya slowly pulls herself to her feet, shuffling silently out of the room.
Which leaves you alone with the rest of your group. Durandal, who you know almost nothing about, stands motionlessly against the far wall. You wave her over, curious to find out more about her. She approaches you, standing silently at attention several feet from the table.
"You want anything to eat?" You don't know if Durandal eats anything, but it won't hurt to ask.
"Magnetic-confinement reactor fuel input is strictly limited to hydrogen isotopes, tritium and deuterium."
"I'll take that as a no.." Then, you notice she's still carrying that pistol. "Hey," You jab your finger at it. "Where'd you get that gun?"
She holds it at you, grip first. "It is yours."
You take it. It certainly is yours! How'd she manage to get your pistol out of the gear bag where you left it? This fills you with other questions about her abilities.
"What about that blade? Are you capable of close range hand-to-hand combat?"
"My battle systems are equipped to perform effectively at any range. Close-range unarmed combat is one on my many functions as a battle-ready platform."
"You could just say 'yes', you know." Aya floats over the table, wings extended as she circles around the black and olive-colored machine.
"Yes."
Aya sighs in aggravated disappointment, returning silently to her seat beside you. Then, you remember that blood sample Eirin took. She should be done with the analysis. You weren't told whether you should wait or go find her, and you're at a loss at what to do.
"I wonder if I should pay the good doctor a visit." You attempt to throw in a bit of a jovial tone, but it falls short of your intended goal. Everyone sits at the table, moping about silently. Elly pouts alone in the corner.
"She'll eventually come to you, Snake." Aya nudges her elbow into your side, playfully.
"It's fine if you go." Youmu contradicts Aya's words, retracting the mack from her face.
"Why do you do that?" You point to Youmu, questioning her abot that thing she does with the mask. "Are you trying to hide?"
"No." She replies curtly, with no emotion you can detect in her response.
"Hmmm?" Aya leans over the table, grinning as her eyes turn to the half-ghost. "Are you afraid of doctors?"
"N-No!" Youmu replies, this time with more enthusiasm. You feel like she's trying to hide something.
"What is it, then?" You lean over the table as well, mimicking Aya's actions right down to that silly shit-eating grin. "You are afraid, aren't you?"
"I-I'm not!" She glares at the two of you, hiding her obvious embarrassment behind a mask of anger.

"Who's afraid of the doctor?" Eirin slides the door open, walking inside the room as Youmu flips up the visor of her suit.
"Nobody, ma'am." Youmu replies, speaking in a male falsetto voice. In that skin-tight suit, who's she trying to fool?
"I see.." Eirin replies with a connotative glance in Youmu's direction. "I've finished the tests, although I'm not sure I should believe what I'm seeing." She sits directly across from you, ignoring the pouting Elly and the stone-still Durandal. She focuses only on you. "You're hemoglobin levels, and your red and white cell count all appear normal. You're completely healthy, despite the abnormally high levels of magical energy absorption the test results show. While you're certainly not human, you're no youkai." She crosses her legs under the table, resting her chin against the palm of her hand. "Tell me, Snake. What do you say if I told you that I had the power to send you back to your world, and your time?"
>> No. 54649
File 121806484617.jpg - (465.07KB , 1027x1500 , 005.jpg ) [iqdb]
54649
[ ] "Don't you dare! You can't be so heartless!"
>> No. 54663
[X] "I don't know. At this point in time I have been assumed dead for 60 years. Presented with an offer like this earlier I would, without any doubts, had taken it. Now I have a lot to lose if I leave.
>> No. 54665
[x] "Nah. I'm cool."
>> No. 54667
>"Tell me, Snake. What do you say if I told you that I had the power to send you back to your world, and your time?"

[x] "Well I'd have to talk it over with at least one special person." Grab Aya's hand.
[x] "Otherwise I'd say that's pretty awesome. Well, until I actually arrived in the past and then started worrying about creating a time paradox. Then my life would grind to a halt as I start to second-guess my every action."
[x] "But seriously, I don't plan on leavin' this burg anytime soon. I got a mission to complete, friends to protect, mysteries to solve, rematches to be fought, news articles to copy-edit, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera."
>> No. 54673
[X] "I don't know. At this point in time I have been assumed dead for 60 years. Presented with an offer like this earlier I would, without any doubts, had taken it. Now I have a lot to lose if I leave.
>> No. 54674
[X] "I don't know. At this point in time I have been assumed dead for 60 years. Presented with an offer like this earlier I would, without any doubts, had taken it. Now I have a lot to lose if I leave.
>> No. 54676
[z] "I don't know. At this point in time I have been assumed dead for 60 years. Presented with an offer like this earlier I would, without any doubts, had taken it. Now I have a lot to lose if I leave.
>> No. 54677
[X] Southwestern Accent.
[X] "What, are you fuckin' crazy? How could I leave this special person behind?" Grab Aya's hand.
[X] "'Sides, I got me a mission to complete. Can't leave without finishing up the mission."
[X] "Also, I got a lotta questions that need answerin'."
>> No. 54724
"I suppose next you're going to say that you can't, right?" You've heard these kinds of speeches before, and you know exactly what she's going to say.
"That's correct, but I'd still like to hear your answer." Perhaps it has something to do with the test results. It sounds too farfetched to be true, but you decide to humor her anyway.
"It'd be a hell of a tempting offer, if it were true." You can't help but sigh. You'd like to go home, but you don't want to leave what you've gained here behind just like that. You take your time to think it over. "Honestly, if you asked me the same question about two weeks ago, I'd have accepted it without a second thought."
"And what about now?" She holds her hands together, interlocking her fingers as she looks at you intently.
"Now, I'd probably have to turn it down. I have a lot more I could lose if I were to suddenly leave." The answer comes naturally.
"So you'd choose to forsake your world for a chance to live here?"
"I guess." There's not really much to it, though there's plenty of things you left behind. Family, friends--they're probably all dead. 60 years is a full life span for a human. You don't want to return to the world that left you behind.
"I see. Perhaps that choice may be affecting you in this world."
"Is that possible?" You've heard of consequences, but turning into a monster because you choose to live somewhere is unheard of.
"In this world, and in yours. Are you familiar with the concept of enlightenment?"
"Uhh.." No, you're not.
"Those that throw away their worldly desires become one with the universe and live eternally as a part of it." But you've only exchanged one set of 'worldly desires' for another. You don't see how this pertains to you. She continues, regardless. "The enlightened ones in this world are called Celestials. Perhaps, by giving up your world, you've become one yourself."
"Uhh, no." Aya interjects with a short rejection of the idea. "He's not. A Celestial would be too weak to be able to overpower someone like me. I'll consider it once you explain why I don't avoid him like the plague." Rather, she doesn't seem to ever let go of you. Her adamancy towards the subject confuses you.
"That, I can't explain." Beyond postulation and hypothesis, Eirin can't seem to give a proper explanation of the nature of your condition. "He's entirely too strong to be a Celestial, too saturated with magical energy to be human or youkai, and if what the Princess told me is right, youkai don't avoid attacking him like they would with Celestials." She turns back to face you, consulting with you directly. "I'm afraid there's little else I can explain. In all my years studying medicine, I've never seen a case quite as unique as yours. However.."
You know exactly what's coming. Everybody else in this world does the same thing. 'Do this', 'do that', 'talk to these people'. It's almost as if you're in a story without an end.
"Alright, you're going to tell me to go somewhere and talk to somebody, right?"
"Yes, that's correct." She heads for a nearby cupboard, pulling out a sheet of paper and marking something on it with a pen. She hands it to you as she retakes her seat. It's a map! You've been looking for one of these! There's a small red 'X' drawn on the Southern edge of the lake.
"A woman lives there. She's well-versed in the arts of magic, and may be able to deduce something from that blood of yours. If you tell her that I sent you, I doubt she'd object to helping you." Eirin smiles. You can tell she's hiding something. An intimate relationship, perhaps? Maybe it's something else, but you're sure it's important.
Yet as you make an attempt to ask for the person's name..
KABOOM!
An explosion from outside suddenly shakes the house at it's foundations. You feel the vibrations in your feet as the noise dies down, filling the room with silence.
"Large heat signature detected. Recommend evacuation immediately. Not one to be surprised by anything, Durandal is the first to respond. As you stand to leave, Eirin mutters a curse under her breath, shaking her head in what you could only guess is mild annoyance. For the situation, her reaction is definitely inadequate. She storms out of the room, turning and walking the opposite direction deeper into the building.
You gather everyone around, keeping a close watch on them as you shuffle through the halls. As you come to the front door, you notice smoke coming from some of the walls. The house is on fire!
>> No. 54725
[+] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[+] Imagine using it as a firehose
>> No. 54727
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose
>> No. 54729
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose
>> No. 54730
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose

Whoever could it be~
>> No. 54731
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage.
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose.

Why halo thar Mokou.
>> No. 54734
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage.
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose.
[x] Tell Dee to find the attacker and engage it while you fleshbags escape the flames; give it a full blast of DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE from her primary jet cutter.
>> No. 54739
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine heat seeking rockets
>> No. 54766
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose
>> No. 54779
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose
>> No. 54799
>You gather everyone around, keeping a close watch on them as you shuffle through the halls. As you come to the front door, you notice smoke coming from some of the walls. The house is on fire!

[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose
[x] Ask Durandal if she can widen the focus of her jet cutter so that she can help put out the fires with it.
[x] Tell Aya to use her fan so that the wind blows the fire away from the compound.
[x] Tell Youmu and Elly to chop down the surrounding growth to create a firebreaks so that the forest doesn't catch.
>> No. 54848
[☃] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[☃] Imagine using it as a firehose
[☃] Ask Durandal if she can widen the focus of her jet cutter so that she can help put out the fires with it.
[☃] Tell Aya to use her fan so that the wind blows the fire away from the compound.
[☃] Tell Youmu and Elly to chop down the surrounding growth to create a firebreaks so that the forest doesn't catch.
>> No. 54849
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose
[x] Ask Durandal if she can widen the focus of her jet cutter so that she can help put out the fires with it.
[x] Tell Aya to use her fan so that the wind blows the fire away from the compound.
[x] Tell Youmu and Elly to chop down the surrounding growth to create a firebreaks so that the forest doesn't catch.
>> No. 54859
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose
[x] Ask Durandal if she can widen the focus of her jet cutter so that she can help put out the fires with it.
[x] Tell Aya to use her fan so that the wind blows the fire away from the compound.
[x] Tell Youmu and Elly to chop down the surrounding growth to create a firebreaks so that the forest doesn't catch.
>> No. 54873
[x] Retrieve Nitori Imagination Gun from storage
[x] Imagine using it as a firehose
[x] Ask Durandal if she can widen the focus of her jet cutter so that she can help put out the fires with it.
[x] Tell Aya to use her fan so that the wind blows the fire away from the compound.
[x] Tell Youmu and Elly to chop down the surrounding growth to create a firebreaks so that the forest doesn't catch.
>> No. 54883
UPDATE
>> No. 54886
Water! You need some way to put this fire out before it catches the whole forest ablaze!
"Snake!" Aya tosses you something. Your rifle! That's right, you could use this to put it out! You don't take the time to think. You bring the barrel to bear on the growing flames, and fire.
The force is grater than you'd hoped. The weapon kicks in your hands, firing forth a stream of water powerful enough to tear down the walls. It seems to be doing just that. It's suppressing the inferno, but if this keeps up there'll be no house left! You look to either side of you, frantically looking for an alternative option. Durandal assists you, using an exact copy of your rifle to put out the fire.
BANG!
Another explosion rocks the area, and another flame springs up from the other side.
"C'mon!" You run frantically towards it, ordering Durandal and the others to follow. Getting separated from them at a time like this would only serve to fuel the chaos.
"Everybody out!" You run past the rabbit-eared woman you met earlier, funneling a small army of like-dressed girls out of a hole in the wall.
Reaching the other side, you take no time to resume your attempts to put it out. The force of the water's pressure tears the wood facing from the walls, and blasts debris into the exposed hallways.
"KAGUYA!!" A familiar voice echoes from above. "Get out here so I can kill you!"
It's Mokou! Standing in the treetops, she hurls a ball of flame into the roof of the house. It explodes with a loud crash as she laughs maniacally.
"Mokou!" Youmu steps in, drawing her swords. "Stop this at once!"
"Haa?" Mokou looks down, spotting the group. "Hey, how's it going! Here for the party?" She gives you a friendly wave, as if none of this was happening. Then, she hurls another fireball into the building.
CRACK!
The roof collapses. You stare in horror as the entire building falls to the ground.
"KAGUYA!" Mokou calls out to her again.
"What?!" You're pushed aside. "What do you want, peasant girl?" Kaguya walks through your group, wading calmly through the tall grass as she approaches the crazed woman in the trees.
"Ahh! Kaguya!" Mokou almost sounds relieved to see the woman who's house she just burnt to cinders. "You're here!"
"How dare you burn down my house." Kaguya replies indignantly, as if it were nothing more than a minor inconvenience.
"Heh," Mokou chuckles, grinning with a vicious pleasure as she tosses a fireball from hand to hand. "Whaddaya want me to do, then. Knock?"
Kaguya holds a hand to her face. Her back is turned to you, and you can't see her expression. "I would prefer you just die.."
Mokou leaps from her perch in the tree, landing softly on her feet just ahead of the Princess.
"You know that won't happen." Mokou's grin widens with each passing second. "I'll just keep coming and coming. I won't stop until you beg for forgiveness!"
"Oh?" Kaguya snickers. "You're more like a cockroach than a human."
Mokou laughs. "Ha! That's the spirit! Now hold still, this'll hurt you more than it hurts..." She hurls the ball of flame as Kaguya with immense force. "ME!"
The ball connects with Kaguya's head, engulfing her in flames. You need to put it out! You raise your weapon, but a hand placed firmly on your shoulder stops your movement in it's tracks.
Eirin stands behind you, looking down and shaking her head. "Let them work it out on their own." She acts as if this isn't the first time they've done this.
"That hurt, you sow!" You turn ahead, immediately noticing the flames surrounding Kaguya have disappeared. What's more surprising is there's not a scratch on her!
"It was supposed to, you whore!" Mokou laughs gleefully as Kaguya advances, throwing a volley of glowing orbs at the unsuspecting woman.
"Huh?" Mokou opens her eyes, staring in confusion as the hail of projectiles connects, swallowing her entire body in their light.
"HERE'S ANOTHER!" Kaguya hurls a second volley of elongated, spear-shaped objects toward whatever remains of the white-haired woman.
The spears impale the light surrounding Mokou, forcing it back as they nail her veiled form to the ground.
Kaguya, completely confident in her victory, approaches the dissipating mass of light.
"Had enough? Or do you wish to be beaten further?" She laughs, standing over what could be nothing but a dead body.
To your surprise, it moves. A hand reaches forth from the mass, wrapping around Kaguya's neck and dragging her into the light.
"I'm.. not.." Kaguya's form re-emerges, pulling Mokou along with her. "Dead yet!"
>> No. 54887
>>54886

[x] Turn to Eirin. "...Does this happen often?"
>> No. 54888
[x] Turn to Eirin. "...Does this happen often?"
>> No. 54889
[X] Turn to Eirin. "...Does this happen often?"
>> No. 54890
[x] Turn to Eirin. "...Does this happen often?"
>> No. 54891
[x] Turn to Eirin. "...Does this happen often?"
>> No. 54892
As the two start wrestling each other, you turn to Eirin. She watches the scene play out with a look of apathy.
"This happen a lot?" You try to sympathize with her.
She looks to you with an exhausted expression. "More than you could imagine."
The two of you look on silently as Kaguya wrestles Mokou to the ground.
"You little.. Just die!" Mokou catches a blow to the head, refusing to release her grip on Kaguya's throat. Kaguya's other hand goes for Mokou's tattered shirt, trying desperately to rip it further.
"Hey Princess!" Mokou yells, trying to wrestle herself from Kaguya's grip. She manages to land a fist against Kaguya's otherwise unblemished face. "Your panties are showing!"
"Ha!" She throws Mokou to the ground, wrenching herself free from the hands clutching her throat. "How lame! You think that trick will stop me from killing you?!" She doesn't even bother to look as she advances on Mokou's prone form.
"Uhh.." You shake your head. What Mokou said wasn't merely a bluff. Somewhere during the struggle, Kaguya's dress had been ripped wide open, exposing a large area of her upper and lower body.
"Time to go." Elly becomes tired of watching, and begins walking over to the burned-out ruins of what was once an extravagant mansion. She sits on an unburned bit of the remaining foundation as the rest of you continue to watch the event play out.
"I wonder if she'll notice." Aya speaks thoughtfully to herself.
"Doubtful." Eirin replies, obviously torn between her desire to help and her will to let them work it out alone. She furrows her brow, furiously scratching her head in frustration.
The two continue to battle it out. Punching, kicking, pulling on each other's hair and clothes--holding nothing back, they try to beat each other senseless.
One by one, the others join Elly in sitting away from the scene. First Youmu, then Durandal. Eventually, only you and Eirin remain. Kaguya and Mokou wear down as the battle progresses, their blows become weaker and weaker with each passing minute. Eventually, the two simply plop down into the tall grass, panting and heaving from having overexerted themselves. By this time, you've also joined the others in their quiet respite away from the battle.
"That was.. Interesting, I guess." Aya sighs, staring off into the thickets of bamboo.
"And she's supposed to be a Princess?" Fighting half-naked with another woman doesn't fit your image of a Princess-like character. Well, at least she didn't resort to anything dirty like eye gouging.
"I'm tired~" Elly whines, beating her fists against the wooden surface. "I want to sleeep~"
"We all do." Youmu replies, retracting her visor as Eirin disappears with Kaguya into a small, unburned annex of what used to be Eientei. "But we can't sleep here. I wonder if we should set up camp." You eyeball Mokou, left alone to fend for herself in the charred tall grasses surrounding the mansion.
You can't just leave her alone like that, though. Kaguya has Eirin to help her up, but Mokou doesn't seem to have anybody but herself to rely upon. You approach her carefully, wary of anything flaming that might be thrown at you.
"You alright there?" You reach a hand down, offering your assistance. You half-expect her to bat it away and yell at you, but are pleasantly surprised when she accepts your help.
"Heh, nothing I can't handle." You help her to her feet, and she brushes herself off. Her clothes are a complete wreck, but she herself is unscathed. You wonder how she was able to survive all of that without even a scratch.
"We go way back, me and that Princess." She looks off in the distance with a smile.
"Is that any reason to burn her house down and try to kill her?"
"No, not really. Though it can be a lot of fun at times." She shrugs, tearing the ragged shirt from her body with one hand and revealing an equally tattered bra below. She doesn't seem to pay you any mind, though you try your best not to stare. "Don't mistake me, though. I did kill her tonight. Five times."
"Five?" But she looked fine. She even got up and walked away on her own two feet.
"Yep, but she got me seven. Guess it's my loss. A tie if you consider the fact that I got her house." She heads over to the rest of the group.
You sense Aya's eyes following you, completely aware to the fact that you're walking just behind a half naked woman. To her, you guess, it might be a challenge of her dominance over you.
"What are you doing?" She glares at the topless woman. "Where's your shirt?"
"That rag's no use to me now." Mokou seems to catch on. She returns fire with a grin. "I can take my bra off too, if you'd like."
"No thank you!" Aya snorts, standing up beside you, holding her hands around your midsection as if to claim possession.
"Heh," Mokou finds Aya's reaction most amusing. "He's all yours, don't worry. I'm not interested." She sends you a quick glance as she walks into the forest. "Send my regards to Princess Bonkers for me, won't ya?" She waves once, disappearing into the night.
"Now what?" Youmu asks the question you'd all been thinking for several minutes. Truthfully, you don't know how to answer.
"Space-time anomaly detected." Durandal chimes in.
"Not now." Elly waves her off as the entire group stares blankly into space.
"You're free to spend the night, if you'd like.." Eirin, silent as a mouse, suddenly pops up from behind. Without time to react, Youmu's eyes meet the smiling doctor's.
"The house is gone, in case you hadn't realized." Aya doesn't miss a beat, stating the obvious in the most sarcastic of tones.
"Not true." Eirin leans her head forward, pointing behind her. "Look."
You're amazed. What had become a pile of smoldering rubble has suddenly rebuilt itself in the blink of an eye. This must be that 'space-time anomaly' Durandal had noticed just seconds ago. Not one to turn down a free room, you graciously accept the offer. Eirin leads you back inside the house, down a new set of hallways, and into a room that's just big enough for all of you to sleep comfortably.
"I'll return shortly with some mattresses." Eirin smiles, disappearing from view as she slides the doors closed.
"Standing by." Durandal stands motionless in the corner of the room, apparently trying not to get in the way.
"We haven't finished talking, yet." Elly turns her attention to you.
"I know, but at least you're not trying to kill me anymore."
"About that, I-I.." She stammers, looking off into the room. "I overreacted. I'm sorry."
"Well, we forgive you!" Aya pats her reassuringly on the back as she turns her attention to you as well. "Right?"
"Nobody got hurt, so it's fine." You shrug. No reason to hold a grudge against a comrade. "Don't beat yourself up over it."
"Thanks." Elly smiles meekly. "You're all very nice people."
"We are, we are!" Aya pats her back again before running off into the hall.
Several minutes pass. Eirin comes and goes, bringing four mattresses with her. She asks Youmu several open-ended questions about her eyesight before leaving. You and Elly set up the beds, and go to sleep once Aya returns.

----------

Again, like last time. Number between 1 and 1000. The closest guess to the correct number will have that subject written into a dream sequence. Be creative, no repeats, etc.
>> No. 54893
>>54892

392

A showdown between Snake and the "dragon".
>> No. 54894
831
tenderly loving Moekou
>> No. 54897
450

Snake brutally killing his friends by strangling them with Reisen's ears which he tore off her head.
>> No. 54899
569

Snake with his Imagination Gun behind German lines
>> No. 54900
375
Lake
>> No. 54901
140

Snake dreaming about how he ends up fighting a bunch of humanoid monsters in police uniforms using two blades which extend from his hands to his shoulders. A few seconds in, he loses control and turns into a vampire and starts to RIP AND TEAR through his enemies.
>> No. 54902
File 121816592598.jpg - (144.60KB , 584x826 , 15.jpg ) [iqdb]
54902
785
Freud vs Yukari
>> No. 54903
247 - Mokou and Kaguya, Best Friends Forever
>> No. 54904
13 - Variety level: "The Revenge of Yukalon" Rescue Aya!
>> No. 54905
999

Snake wakes up to find everyone in Gensokyo has swapped genders, except for Ayasort of, she's a futa.
>> No. 54908
643

Douglas Adams' Marvin and Durandal having a conversation.
>> No. 54910
250

Snake fights Aya in a Super Punch Out Style match
>> No. 54922
File 121818033318.jpg - (38.93KB , 474x231 , 1210479966744.jpg ) [iqdb]
54922
915

Kaguya x Mokou. No interruptions.
>> No. 54924
555

Portal, starring Snake and Durandal.
>> No. 54926
23

Break dancing competition. Snake's group vs Eientei.
>> No. 54935
Order 66

Snake versus General Grievous, fighting with toothpicks.
>> No. 54938
74

nothing
>> No. 54954
>>54903 is won.

Number was 222. Writan now.
>> No. 54959
>>54954
Holy shit.
>> No. 54960
You find yourself thrown into the middle of a argument between two bitter rivals.
"I've said it a thousand times!" Kaguya exclaims, holding something in her hand. "You need to stop smoking!"
"Why?" Mokou replies, angered by the sudden demand. "It's not like it's gonna kill me!"
"It makes you smell bad!" Kaguya tosses the object into the grass. Mokou's eyes follow it as it falls from view. "I can't stand that smell in my house!"
"Why you little.." She grits her teeth. "Those aren't cheap, Goddammit!"
"Then why don't you quit!" Kaguya practically yells into her ear as you simply sit by, ignored, watching as the events play out.
"What if I don't want to!?" Mokou yells, her eyes and temper flaring.
"Then you can just leave!" Kaguya storms off, stopping just short of entering the building. She adds indignantly, "I won't invite you over anymore."
Mokou seems visibly hurt, despite the fact that you'd witnessed the two clawing at each other's throats only a few hours ago.
"I--You--" She stammers, searching for words as Kaguya awaits her answer. Mokou's eyes narrow in a newfound anger. "That's low."
Kaguya makes an about face, turning her entire body at once to face the white-haired woman.
"I only do it because I care about you."
"..."
Mokou stays silent, judging Kaguya's smiling expression closely.
"You're not fighting fair.."
Kaguya turns back around, taking another step inside the building. "Have I ever fought fairly?"
"N-No.. but--" Mokou stares silently at Kaguya's back.
"No buts!" Kaguya declares. "Now if you're willing to quit, you can come have tea with me."
"What if I don't want to?!" Mokou repeats her earlier question, this time with less emotion.
"Then you can stay outside forever!" Kaguya yells, slamming the door shut. You hear her cursing to herself as she storms down the hallway, leaving you and Mokou alone on the front stoop.
"What should I do?" Mokou asks, troubled greatly by her situation. But before you can answer, she shrugs, speaking softly to herself. "Meh, what the hell." She rushes inside the house after Kaguya. Guess she didn't notice you there..

"I see you've reached a decision." Kaguya greets her with a smile, sitting at a small table as she enters the room.
"Yeah, well." Mokou shrugs again, smiling carelessly as she takes a seat at the table.
"What the hell are ya gonna do?" She states, rhetorically. "One of these days they're gonna stop makin' em, and I'll have to quit anyway."
"I'm glad you could see things from my perspective." Kaguya pours her a cup of tea. "You're so much more fun to be around when you don't smell like those cigarettes."
"Really?" Mokou asks, mildly amused. "I don't think it's really that big of a deal." Suddenly, she turns to you.
"Right, Snake?"
"Snake?"

"Snake?"
Aya's voice resonates in your ears as you're shaken awake.
"Wh-Wha--?" You open your eyes, blinking several times to remove the blurry haze clouding your vision.
"It's morning." She smiles, kissing you lightly on the cheek.
Funny, you're usually the first one awake. It's not like you to sleep in. Then again, yesterday was a bit hectic, what with the huge hangar, giant robot, and the fight to the death between immortals. You slowly pull yourself up, first sitting--then standing. Aya directs you to the showers, and you quickly clean yourself up. The others, minus Elly, seem to be ready to go. You take a quick shower in the overly lavish bathroom, and proceed back to the room. As you walk down the halls, you pass by a door opened a crack. Taking a quick glance inside, you see the tall rabbit girl from earlier changing her clothes.
>> No. 54961
[] Ignore it, keep going.
>> No. 54962
[X] Get an erection
>> No. 54963
[] Ignore it, keep going.
>> No. 54964
[x] Ignore it, keep going.

We've got Aya.
>> No. 54965
[x] Ignore it, keep going.
>> No. 54966
[x] Ignore it, keep going.

Monogamy gaems.
>> No. 54967
[x] Ignore it, keep going.
>> No. 54968
[x] Ignore it, keep going.
>> No. 54969
{X} Ignore it, keep going.

Considerations
>> No. 54976
That's right, just keep walking. Pretend you didn't see anything. Tell yourself that you didn't see a half naked woman just now.
You pull your eyes from the woman in the room, and turn back down the hallway. Despite every bone in your body telling you to go back and look, by sheer force of will you manage to keep walking forward. Eventually, you find yourself back in the bedroom, watching as Aya and Youmu try to rouse Elly from her deep sleep.
"Mmmmh.." Elly groans, rolling onto her side as Aya presses a finger against her cheek.
"It's not working." Aya whispers, looking to Youmu for guidance.
"Stand back, amateurs." You push the two aside with a smile. It hasn't been since boot camp that you'd puled a prank like this. "Let the more experienced of us handle this."
You used to be a heavy sleeper, too. Until that drill sergeant bastard started waking you up every morning at the crack of dawn. How'd he do it again?
You try to remember, leaning down close to Elly's ear. You inhale deeply.
"WAKE UP, MAGGOT!" You yell at the top of your lungs, but you don't notice any difference.
"Huh." Aya shrugs, amazed.
"That should've worked." A dry smile slowly makes its way across Youmu's face. "Maybe she's dead."
"When you say that, it's not funny." Aya scowls, disapproving.
Truly, whenever Youmu speaks about death she always seems entirely too serious.
"Maybe we should chop her up and eat her, instead." You smile, noticing Elly's body tense up slightly as you say the word 'eat'. She's awake. Completely awake, but trying to fool you into thinking she's still asleep.
"Hand me your sword, Youmu." You hold out a hand, feeling the weight of the weapon in it after a short second.
"I-If you say so.." Youmu seems to thing you're serious. Her nervous tone adds to the mood, so you'll let her think you are.
"I wonder what she tastes like.." Aya follows along. "Heh, heh, heh.."
You slowly begin to draw the blade. The dull scratching of metal against metal is enough to force Elly to give up her ruse. She shoots out of bed, darting over to the corner in fear of her life.
"I-I'm not edible! I d-don't taste good at all!" She holds her arms in front, as if trying to hold you back. "Please don't eat me!"
You hand the blade back to Youmu as you try to restrict your laughter. Aya, who has no such self-control, falls to the floor in hysterics.
"Here." You throw a towel over Elly's outstretched hands. "Shower's the third door on the right. That way." You point in the direction you'd just came from.
"Y-you're not going to eat me?" She looks over the towel with fear in her eyes, like a scared puppy.
"No, of course not!" You laugh. "We did that so you'd get up."
But you can't just let it go. You grin maliciously, lowering your voice to a threatening whisper.
"...Though I bet you'd taste better if you were bathed."
"Eep!" She runs out the door.
"That was... Interesting." Youmu looks at you with mild confusion. You sense she's more surprised with your sudden outburst than anything else. You don't normally joke around like that.
>> No. 54980
[ ] Eat
>> No. 54987
[X] "Too easy."
>> No. 55003
[+] "In a situation like that, who wouldn't do what I did?"
>> No. 55010
[x] "In a situation like that, who wouldn't do what I did?"
>> No. 55011
[x] ... what? Why are you looking at me like that?"
>> No. 55013
[X] "In a situation like that, who wouldn't do what I did?"

Something needs to win
>> No. 55025
New~ Thread~