[Return]
Archived thread

File 12167874339.jpg - (59.74KB , 576x839 , 1206666396407.jpg ) [iqdb]
50643 No. 50643
Thread 14

[x] "Kenshiro is fine for now."

Yuyuko cheers and claps her hands. It's not until a few seconds later you realize she let go of the teacup and it remained floating in midair.

"I knew you'd like it." she says, taking a final sip of her tea and setting her cup aside. You finish yours soon afterwards, and as you set it aside, a blob comes from nowhere and wraps itself around the cup, carrying it over to an empty sink along with Yuyuko's cup. Your mind wanders back to Youmu, and you wonder if you should go see how she's doing and try to apologize, but the need to is removed when she walks into the kitchen, stopping just inside the doorway.

"Oh," she mutters, seeing you and frowning as the large blob following her floats into view. "You two are in here."

"Youmu~" Yuyuko says, floating over to the girl and taking her hand. "You absolutely must try Kenshiro's tea!" she says, looking at you. Youmu looks at you too, with a confused look. What confused her exactly you're not sure, but Yuyuko drags Youmu past, opens a cupboard, retrieves a cup and presents it to Youmu.

"Here here!" Yuyuko pushes the cup onto Youmu, who rather begrudgingly pours herself a cup of the tea. She takes a sip from the cup, and she jolts a little. She pulls the cup away, looking at it like it spoke.

"This is good tea!" Youmu claims, looking to Yuyuko and then to you, her annoyance with your presence slightly masked by her surprise. "You must have had help from Lady Yuyuko."

"I'm afraid he did it all on his own," Yuyuko retorts, giving Youmu a gentle smile in spite of the latter's disbelieving expression. "I might have him become my new chef if he turns out to be any good at cooking as well." Good to see she's thinking ahead about your future at least. Youmu shows a little disapproval however.

"Lady Yuyuko, you can't just assign strangers to tasks like this." Youmu says. "How can you even trust him with your food? He might put something weird in it." she rambles, looking at you occasionally. Yuyuko simply laughs as a response.

"I'm glad to see you're worried for my sake Youmu, but think about what you just said."

Youmu furrows her brow, obviously taking Yuyuko's advice and thinking on it.

"I don't see wha-"

"Exactly!" Yuyuko cuts her off. "You don't see the major problem there. What can he do to my food to hurt me? I'm a ghost, I can't be poisoned."

Youmu perks up with an expression of surprise, as do you to a lesser degree. She's a ghost? She looks solid enough to you, though that does sort of explain why she's always floating around. Maybe it's also the reason she seems so airheaded. You wonder about Youmu now. Is she a ghost too? Would it even be possible for a spirit to possess a ghost? That blob thing following her sure looks like what you remember other spirits looking like, what few you saw in your initial escape from the underworld.

"B-but still! Lady Yuyuko, you can't-"

"It's as you say Youmu," Yuyuko says, to which Youmu seems all too happy to hear. "I am 'Lady' Yuyuko, and so I make the decisions." Then Youmu's spirits suddenly drop, and she shoots you an angry look. You can only guess that this is something Youmu does as well, despite being the gardener. Rather than storm off however, she returns to calmly finishing her tea.

"Aw, Youmu is so cute when she's angry!" Yuyuko coos, pinching Youmu's cheek. Youmu moves to bat Yuyuko's hand away, but reacts a little too slowly and is left flailing at air while Yuyuko simply giggles at the sight.

"Hmph, so long as he doesn't become a burden I guess I shouldn't complain," Youmu says, finishing off her cup of tea. "It would be nice to have some spare time for more training, since he is alive after all." Youmu emphasizes the 'he' in a way that insinuates she's not talking about you, staring down at her cup as she walks over to the basin herself to place it in. Once she does, she turns back to you, and you see Yuyuko float up next to you out of the corner of your eye. Youmu points a hand towards you.

"You do your best not to be a burden on Lady Yuyuko, she's able to live a carefree life because of all the dedication I put into all of my actions, even if I am still a mortal being." Youmu declares, quite clearly stating a personal challenge, before she leaves the kitchen in a slight huff. Yuyuko then floats in front of you.

"Seems like she's given you her blessing, in her own way," Yuyuko says, giving you a sweet smile. "She really is a good girl. Though, if you're going to be staying here for a while..." she says, closing in and extending a hand. She lays her palm against your chest, and your form ripples, becoming more opaque then transparent. "Now you'll fit in better around here!"

You looks yourself over. You look physical enough, similar to Yuyuko, except instead of wearing clothes you recognize, you're wearing some kind of robe and loose, baggy pants of some fashion.

"Now then, what to do?" Yuyuko asks, linking her hands together behind her back.

[] "Could you show me more of the house?"
[] "Could you show me more of the garden?"
[] "Could you show me a room I could use?"
[] "Could you show me more of this afterlife?"

>> No. 50660
Then Youmu's spirits suddenly drop,

... Hm...

[X] "Could you show me a room I could use?"
>> No. 50661
[x] I am already dead?!
>> No. 50663
[moe~] "Could you show me more of the house?"
>> No. 50668
Oh ho. Servant route? Interesting.

[x] "Could you show me more of the house?"
[x] "Could you show me a room I could use?"

If you're going to live there, best to know the layout of the house first. Everything else can came later.
>> No. 50729
[] "Could you show me more of the garden?"
[] "Could you show me more of this afterlife?"

Screw staying here for now. After asking Yuyuko a favor of maybe saving our ass from Komachi then falling asleep we're jumping ship!
>> No. 50733
[x] Rape Youmu
>> No. 50739
>>50729
>>Screw staying here for now. After asking Yuyuko a favor of maybe saving our ass from Komachi then falling asleep we're jumping ship!

Why?
>> No. 50741
[x] "How may I serve you?"
>> No. 50742
[x] "Could you show me more of the house?"
[x] "Could you show me a room I could use?"
>> No. 50745
File 121680256163.jpg - (465.44KB , 1055x1500 , 1203537765575.jpg ) [iqdb]
50745
>>50729
I think this is still technically Youmu's route. Can't we try to help someone WITHOUT possessing them for once?

And how can you want to leave Yuyuko so soon?
>> No. 50747
[x] "I ask of you again: Are you my master?"
>> No. 50749
>>50745

Yuyuko in that bottom frame made me want to hold her against me tightly.
>> No. 50752
[x] "Could you show me more of the house?"
[x] Chat with her while you walk
- [x] "The 'he' Youmu was referring to... she meant her father?"
- [x] "I appreciate the hospitality you've shown and would gladly stay here for a while, but I'll have to leave eventually; I have a lot of karmic debt to pay off before Enlightenment, and I don't plan on 'fading away' anytime soon."
- [x] "You won't really sic Komachi on me right? I mean I'm from the outside; I shouldn't have even been sent there in the first place."
>> No. 50753
>>50749
I swear I've seen that pose and expression somewhere before, that determined yet still lighthearted look. I love it.
>> No. 50806
[x] "Could you show me more of the house?"
[x] Chat with her while you walk
- [x] "The 'he' Youmu was referring to... she meant her father?"
- [x] "I appreciate the hospitality you've shown and would gladly stay here for a while, but I'll have to leave eventually; I have a lot of karmic debt to pay off before Enlightenment, and I don't plan on 'fading away' anytime soon."
- [x] "You won't really sic Komachi on me right? I mean I'm from the outside; I shouldn't have even been sent there in the first place."
>> No. 50826
Updates are likely going to be sparse over the next few days, since my brother is coming over to spend some time.
>> No. 50874
>>50826

Punch him and teach him how to write your story for you.

[x] Bandwagon with whatever is getting the most votes.
>> No. 50884
>>50874

No. ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 50927
>>50884

Then just punch him. You are brothers, aren't you?

[X]Bandwagon with>>50752
[X]"Could you show me more of this afterlife?"

Don't forget guys, we need to learn what/how is to be a spirit. We may need it if we get busted again.
>> No. 50973
>>50927

Oh, naturally. Writing for me though? Not bloody likely.
>> No. 50975
[x] "Could you show me more of the house?"
[x] Chat with her while you walk
- [x] "The 'he' Youmu was referring to... she meant her father?"
- [x] "I appreciate the hospitality you've shown and would gladly stay here for a while, but I'll have to leave eventually; I have a lot of karmic debt to pay off before Enlightenment, and I don't plan on 'fading away' anytime soon."
- [x] "You won't really sic Komachi on me right? I mean I'm from the outside; I shouldn't have even been sent there in the first place."

"Could you show me more of this house?" you ask, looking around at the kitchen. From the rock garden, you could see there was quite a great deal more of the house to see, given that the garden was surrounded on all sides by the house itself.

"Oh! Wonderful idea!" Yuyuko chirps, floating back towards another door, not the one used to enter the kitchen. "While we're at it, we could pick you out a room to stay in as well, we've got plenty of spare space."

What you assumed would only take a few minutes took the better part of an hour, with being given a tour of the building grounds. You're overwhelmed by the sheer size of the place, even if a lot of the rooms are similar, there were quite a few rooms with unique elements, including a small indoor pool and hot tub, a rather large training dojo that Yuyuko mentioned as belonging to Youmu, and as well as a rather large banquet hall that Yuyuko showed, opening out into a view of the garden itself. It was an incredible view, and absolutely mind-blowing how far in every direction the trees seemed to extend. You couldn't even see the far ends, like the building itself was just a small island in a sea of trees.

The tour ends towards the front of the building, as Yuyuko assures you.

"This place is huge," you state, sitting down on the edge of the porch. "It's only the two of you living here?"

"Well, it is supposed to belong to the entire Saigyoji clan, but I'm the only one left, aside from Youmu, that is." Yuyuko states, floating down next to you.

"And... well, 'him'?"

Yuyuko looks away, as if something else caught her attention. Is she just acting like she didn't hear you?

"Youmu mentioned 'him' as well. Does, well... was that her father?"

Yuyuko replies with a sigh, and looks back at you with a slightly distressed expression.

"She's really sore about her father, in truth." Yuyuko says, looking towards the ground. "She even gets mad at me now if I bring it up on accident. She didn't used to be so sensitive about it, believing it was all part of some kind of test he has devised for her. That was a great many years ago, and she's slowly begun to lose her diligence, believing she was abandoned, and coming to hate the thought of him. For you, a stranger to bring it up, I'm really not surprised she attacked you."

Yuyuko looks up at you now.

"I admit, I only saved you at first because I was interested in how you knew such a thing, but now. Now, you might be the only person that can reconcile the two of them." she says, reaching over and placing her hand on yours. "I truly believe that it's the pain ove rmissing her father that has her so tense. If you could bring the two of them together, it might be good for her."

Bring the two of them together, she says. If only it were that easy. After all, you met him while you were trying to escape, and you had no idea who he was at the time. Now to go back to the underworld you ran from and try to find someone? It could be disasterous for you. You shake the thought of it away for now.

"I'll have to think about it." you say, looking back out to the garden as Yuyuko draws back. "I'll thank you now though for your hospitality. I'll stay here as long as I need to, and as long as I'm wanted, and try to do my best to be a help. I have a lot of things I still need to do, a karmic debt to pay off, before I can dream of Englightenment. So many people in this world have their problems, and I might be the only one that's able to help them." you state, looking at Yuyuko. She's set her eyes on you, a slight look of amazement on her face. "I'm here to help everyone I can, I can't just let myself fade away."

Yuyuko's eyes water up a little, but she smiles through them.

"You really are a good soul afterall," she says, absent mindedly brushing some hair from her face. "Keeping you here would be a good thing."

You smile back.

"So, I don't have to worry about you turning me over to Komachi? It's not like I belong here anyway, being an outsider." Yuyuko's smile changes a little, into a bit more of a sly look as she reaches over and tugs on the shoulder of your robe. You understand after a few seconds, that's what she meant by fit in better after all. For your sake at least, you hope it works.

[] Write in
>> No. 50976
[x] "Yaranaika?"
>> No. 50977
[x] "I don't suppose residents of Hakugyokuro are allowed to wander around that grey wasteland between the Sanzu and Gensokyo?"

Wasting no time.
>> No. 50978
>>50977
This makes sense.

[x] "I don't suppose residents of Hakugyokuro are allowed to wander around that grey wasteland between the Sanzu and Gensokyo?"
>> No. 50984
>>50978

A little...too much sense.
[x] "I don't suppose residents of Hakugyokuro are allowed to wander around that grey wasteland between the Sanzu and Gensokyo?"
>> No. 50985
[x] "I don't suppose residents of Hakugyokuro are allowed to wander around that grey wasteland between the Sanzu and Gensokyo?"
>> No. 51005
[x] "I don't suppose residents of Hakugyokuro are allowed to wander around that grey wasteland between the Sanzu and Gensokyo?"

I dunno. Bandwagoning to move things along.
>> No. 51051
[x] "I don't suppose residents of Hakugyokuro are allowed to wander around that grey wasteland between the Sanzu and Gensokyo?"

COME ON MARINES WE AIN'T GETTING PAID BY THE HOUR LET'S MOVE
>> No. 51060
[x] "I don't suppose residents of Hakugyokuro are allowed to wander around that grey wasteland between the Sanzu and Gensokyo?"
>> No. 51099
[x] "I don't suppose residents of Hakugyokuro are allowed to wander around that grey wasteland between the Sanzu and Gensokyo?"

"Hmm, well, someone like me wouldn't have much of a problem due to my station, but Youmu would have some difficulty going unnoticed. Her condition makes the Yama quite irritable." Yuyuok says, staring off into the trees.

"Condition?"

"Ah, you probably don't know," Yuyuko gasps, as if she just realized this herself. "Youmu is a half-ghost."

A half-ghost? How does that even work?

"Half-ghost?" you ask.

"It's... complicated. The entire Konpaku family line is one of half-ghosts, they exist in both a living and dead state in two seperate forms, a physical human body, and a spiritual ghost form."

You recall the large blob that follows Youmu. That must be her ghost half then, and suddenly it makes a lot more sense why it's always following her, even if it doesn't make any real sense as to how she exists.

"As for you, though," Yuyuko continues. "You're an unknown. You'd probably be attacked and chased off if you went down there alone." she says, turning her head towards you. "Higan doesn't take intruders very well. The shinigami will probably chase you away, but if a Yama catches you, they're likely to give you your judgment on a whim, which would likely be the end of an unjudged soul like you."

You look at your feet and rub your head. Seems like that's out of the question for now then, not until you can think up a very good excuse to be down there, or get an escort at the very least. Yuyuko also said you were an unknown, so maybe that would have some helpful effects, even though it means having to call attention to yourself. Not exactly the way you want to go, but how many other choices do you have?

[] Write In
>> No. 51149
[+] Give up on Higan for now. You'll find a way to reunite Youmu and her father some other time.
>> No. 51165
[x] Ask Yuyuko from some advice on how to sneak into the gray wasteland. Surely she knows of some ability that could help.
>> No. 51227
[x] Ask Yuyuko from some advice on how to sneak into the gray wasteland. Surely she knows of some ability that could help.
[x] Failing that, give up on meeting Youki again.
[x] Mention Youmu's softness.
>> No. 51228
[x] Ask Yuyuko from some advice on how to sneak into the gray wasteland. Surely she knows of some ability that could help.
>> No. 51238
[ ] Try to find Youmu (to apologize about before, etc.)
There's a bit I think we need to apologize about, and a bit we don't know. Everyone seems to be rushing or panicking about the Youki connection because Yuyuko upended the rules of the normal scenario.
>> No. 51309
[x] Ask why Youki left in the first place.
[x] Ask if Yuyu knows of any other spirits that have escaped from Higan.

Mima could give us a power upgrade or tell us how to Solid Snake into Higan. I have a good feeling she will sympathize.
>> No. 51310
[x] Ask if she can tell us more about Youmu's father, what happened?

We don't even actually know his name yet.
>> No. 51373
File 121698329628.jpg - (281.07KB , 877x750 , 1204519299970.jpg ) [iqdb]
51373
Don't forget the romantic subplot, Kenshiro~
>> No. 51383
>>51373

This is gonna be a hard one. Are you sure Youmu's not in love with Myon?
>> No. 51412
>>51383

wait what
>> No. 51430
>>51383
Now that's narcissism.
>> No. 51505
[x] Ask Yuyuko from some advice on how to sneak into the gray wasteland. Surely she knows of some ability that could help.

You consider Higan again. There must be some way you can get in there without drawing attention to yourself, some way for you to get around.

"Is there some kind of way I can sneak down there?" you ask, thinking about your options.

"Well, it wouldn't be hard to sneak in at all, actually. The problem is that the shinigami can feel a ghosts presence from a great distance, and Yama aren't any better. If you're caught, you'll be heavily outmatched for sure, unless you happen to be some legendary warrior or possess some kind of mastery of a secret martial art." Yuyuko says, adding the last part with a smile. When you don't react though, she pouts a little, but gets over it soon enough. As far as Higan goes, it really doesn't seem like such a tempting scenario. You'd prefer to go only when you can be absolutely sure you can get out again, if only once more. The idea of going back into that world willingly makes you feel a little uncomfortable.

"I wonder how Youmu's doing..." Yuyuko says idly, leaning back on her outstretched arms, looking out into the garden of trees. "I should go check on her."

[] Write in
>> No. 51508
[x] Ask if Yuyu knows of any other spirits that have escaped from Higan who could have advice.

Repeat from last choice; Mima really could be helpful.
>> No. 51529
[x] Offer to join her.

Might as well go help Youmu with menial tasks if Yuyuko can't help us.
>> No. 51530
[x] Offer to join her.
>> No. 51531
[x] Offer to join her.
>> No. 51532
[x] Offer to join her.
>> No. 51533
File 121701270050.jpg - (85.79KB , 601x800 , Copy of 1209955551539.jpg ) [iqdb]
51533
>>51383
Who said anything about Youmu?
>> No. 51535
File 121701301378.png - (613.74KB , 601x800 , Yuyu1.png ) [iqdb]
51535
>>51533
>> No. 51541
File 121701562225.png - (538.93KB , 601x800 , 121701301378.png ) [iqdb]
51541
I use this layout.
>> No. 51542
>>51535
You forgot that spot near her pinkie.
>> No. 51545
[x] Offer to join her.

"I'll go with you then," you say in response. "I feel like I should at least try to talk to her a bit."

Yuyuko gives you a slight smile, then floats into the air without leaving her sitting position.

"Then, shall we go?" she says, putting her hands together and floating away. You get up to follow her, and you wonder to yourself why Yuyuko never walks. Despite that both of you are ghosts, you seem to be able to walk perfectly fine. On the other hand, floating is likely just easier. You try it a bit for yourself, lifting off the ground just a short bit and hovering along. Yuyuko turns slightly and notices this.

"I see you've finally given up on walking," she says, turning fully and floating backwards. "It really is better this way, isn't it?"

You nod in agreement. You wonder why you never got around this way before, since you could fly every other time. Though is does seem like an incredibly lazy way to handle yourself. Aside from the short exchange however, Yuyuko and you travel the rest of the way in silence. Not total silence, exactly, as Yuyuko began humming softly to herself after a while. You were close enough to hear her, but you didn't recognize the tune. After a minute or so, you reach a room behind Yuyuko, and you hear loud cracking sounds coming from within. Yuyuko slides open the door and you float up behind her, looking over her shoulder to see Youmu fighting... herself?

The both of them vanish, followed immediately by a resounding crack as they reappear several feet from each other, facing opposite directions. One turns around and charges the other, swinging a wooden sword you've only now seen. The second parries the strike and follows through immediately with a sweep, which the first jumps over, raising the sword above her head and bringing it down in a wide arc as she descends. Another parry followed by a quick recoil and a thrust, the second hopping away and making some room between them. No sooner did the second touch down then they both vanish again, several loud cracks ring out and they reappear, blades locked together. Both Youmu bear a frustrated scowl, staring each other in the eyes. You've lost track of which one you had called the 'first' and 'second' already, they're identical.

The blades part and one goes high, the other drawing back. With a dash, the high-held blade is brought down towards a waiting guard, then promptly vanishes along with the weilding Youmu. Before there can even be time for a reaction, the defending Youmu explodes into smoke as a wooden sword cuts through her from the side as the remaining Youmu skids into view, the loose wooden sword clattering to the floor. The smoke reforms into the familiar blob of Youmu's, and floats over to her. She pats it reassuringly, and turns towards the door, then jumps slightly. Yuyuko begins to clap, you join in soon after. Quite impressive, those swords she carries definitely aren't for show after all.

"L-Lady Yuyuko, I- you surprised me. I was just practicing." she stammers, sounding worried for some reason. Yuyuko giggles slightly and floats over, and behind, Youmu, draping herself over her shoulders as she seems to enjoy doing.

"I was afraid you were in a bad mood, Youmu," Yuyuko says, nuzzling against Youmu despite her squirming attempts to gentle remove Yuyuko from her person. "But I find you in here playing with yourself to relieve some tension."

Youmu turns rather red, and looks at you, turning even redder. Her attempts to shrug Yuyuko off become a little more defined, though you can see that Yuyuko is purposefully resisting.

"Please, Lady Yuyuko, l can deal with my own problems." Youmu whines. "You shouldn't worry about me so much."

Yuyuko responds by tilting her head and biting Youmu's ear, gaining a small yelp from the girl, who makes an ever increasingly desperate struggle to release herself from Yuyuko's grip. Either Yuyuko is much stronger than she looks, or Youmu isn't actually trying as hard as she looks like she is.

"I always worry about my Youmu though, I've always been there for you when times were tough, you shouldn't be so eager to face all your problems alone." Yuyuko says gently, her voice matching her caring expression as she loosens her hold on Youmu, who stops struggling. "I may not be your real mother, but please let me treat you like my daughter."

Youmu raises one of her hands to Yuyuko's, eyes turned towards the floor. When she looks up and sees you, she turns a faint pink, then turns quickly to face Yuyuko, surprising her a little.

"I-I accept your feelings my Lady, I'll try to be more considerate of your wishes." she says, bowing her head slightly. There is a soft snapping sound as Yuyuko retrieve her fan and raps Youmu on top of her head. Youmu doesn't even flinch at it.

"Calling me 'Lady' is really unnecessary Youmu," Yuyuko says, her slightly disappointed expression unseen by Youmu's bowed head. "I wish you would address me naturally."

"This is natural for a servant, My Lady."

Yuyuko's expression winces a bit, but it disappears completely before Youmu raises her head. Yuyuko brushes some hair form Youmu's face, and Youmu turns slightly to look at you, turning a bit red again.

"Why are you standing there anyway? I'm pretty sure this doesn't involve you." Youmu snarls, Yuyuko covering a smile with her sleeve.

[] Write in
>> No. 51546
>>51545

[x] "Well, I wanted to apologize to you about earlier. I didn't know it was a sore spot for you."
>> No. 51549
>[] "Wow. I can see why he abandoned you now."

must control outrage

[x] Buddha smile. Walk away.

We're doing this for Youki. Not Youmu. Youki.
>> No. 51551
[x] "Well, I wanted to apologize to you about earlier. I didn't know it was a sore spot for you."

I died at the ear biting scene
>> No. 51552
[x] "Well, I wanted to apologize to you about earlier. I didn't know it was a sore spot for you."

MILF moe~
>> No. 51553
[x] "Well, I wanted to apologize to you about earlier."

Simple and effective, too much and we may hit that sore spot again.

And from what we have at the moment, I think that to help Youmu we need to fix her problems with her father, open her a bit and make stop with this servant bullshit around Yuyuko.

However, I have no idea of what to write-in. Are you doing this write-in only mode to punish us for choosing another card or are you just being incredibly lazy EZMode?
>> No. 51554
[x] "Well, I wanted to apologize to you about earlier. I didn't know it was a sore spot for you."
>> No. 51555
[x] "Well, I wanted to apologize to you about earlier. I didn't know it was a sore spot for you."
>> No. 51559
[x] "Well, I wanted to apologize to you about earlier. I didn't know it was a sore spot for you."
>> No. 51561
> However, I have no idea of what to write-in. Are you doing this write-in only mode to punish us for choosing another card or are you just being incredibly lazy EZMode?

It would be like this regardless. Each character choice has a certain difficulty level, ranging from Easy (Hina), to hard (Youmu) depending on how complex or dangerous their problem is for you/them. Each of the cards the last round were Hard mode choices. Lunatic mode routes are available, but they have to be unlocked by fulfilling requirements in other routes. As an example, doing something serious to piss off Reimu to the point she's actively hunting you again, then ending up possessing Suika and attempting to complete her route would be the equivalent. Simply choosing Suika otherwise though would be another Hard route.

The write ins I decided to use because despite having fairly clear objectives, simply providing a 'list of answers' as choices would make it a bit too easy. So, I decided to leave it up to Anons to decide what was important to look into and how to do it rather than rely on specific choices, because in every set of choices, there's generally a 'best' answer, and they would be easier to pick out simply by reading them and comparing their respective actions.
>> No. 51563
>>51561
Are the rewards greater in hard mode?
>> No. 51568
>>51561
>simply providing a 'list of answers' as choices would make it a bit too easy

Yeah, it was somewhat easy to identify the best choices. Well, except for "help/don't help reimu with the tea" one...
>> No. 51571
>>51563

For the most part, yeah. Considering who you're helping this time, what's not to like about the possibility of having the afterlife on your side? There's also a good reward for doing exceptionally well.

Anyway, writing.
>> No. 51574
[x] "Well, I wanted to apologize to you about earlier. I didn't know it was a sore spot for you."

Youmu doesn't reply, instead she looks away from you, apparently having a bit of trouble keeping her angry glare steady.

"No, I shouldn't have reacted like I did," she says quietly, almost as if she doesn't want you to hear her. "I can't fault you for that, but..." she continues, her voice picking up. "You should still know better than to ask questions like that from people."

"Youmu~" Yuyuko sighs, patting the girl on the head. "This man is an outsider, and a foreign outsider from the way he looks. He's also quite young compared to us, he didn't grow up with the same regulations and expectations." she says. Youmu's eyes suddenly snap open wide as she notices. She really didn't get that just by looking at you? Youmu's face gains a slight shade of pink as she offers a deep bow.

"I-I'm sorry then, I assumed you know more than you could. We-" Youmu cuts off, making a movement with her eyes towards Yuyuko. "I, don't know that much about modern customs in the outside world. I suppose you were just being kind by your standards."

"Something like that," you say, shrugging a little. "It was also partially curiosity as well, since I noticed some similarities. I wondered if you knew him, I wanted to thank him for helping me escape from Higan."

Youmu closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

"Of course I would know him, but I haven't seen him for years, he..." she trails off, tears welling in her eyes again. Yuyuko wraps her arms around the girl, saying something to her in a whisper that you can't hear. Youmu doesn't lose herself again, and instead manages to regain her compsure and wipe her eyes. "He left, and hasn't returned. No one knew where he went, and I'd given up trying to find him. It's... shocking really for me to hear any news about him from anyone." she says as Yuyuko withdraws and floats around Youmu, stopping near you.

"So, is there anything left you want to say?" Yuyuko says, looking towards you.

[] Write in
>> No. 51579
[x] "Do you want me to deliver a message or letter to him? Whether Komachi catches me or I decide it's time to move on to the next cycle, I'll end up back there again eventually."
>> No. 51581
[x] "Do you want me to deliver a message or letter to him? Whether Komachi catches me or I decide it's time to move on to the next cycle, I'll end up back there again eventually."

Sure why not. If we told her we were planning on breaking into Higan for her, she'd decline outright. The real achievement here would be getting her to come to terms with her emotions enough to write them down. Anyway, we can always have an intermediary like Alice ask Komachi to deliver the letter.
>> No. 51586
[x] "Do you want me to deliver a message or letter to him? Whether Komachi catches me or I decide it's time to move on to the next cycle, I'll end up back there again eventually."
[X] Why are you so strick?
>> No. 51589
[x] "Do you want me to deliver a message or letter to him? Whether Komachi catches me or I decide it's time to move on to the next cycle, I'll end up back there again eventually."
>> No. 51590
[x] "Do you want me to deliver a message or letter to him? Whether Komachi catches me or I decide it's time to move on to the next cycle, I'll end up back there again eventually."
>> No. 51591
>>51586
>Why are you so strick?
>strick

facepalm.jpg
>> No. 51594
[+] "I can't bring you to him right now, for obvious reasons... but if I ever get to the point where I can, would you like me to?"
>> No. 51595
[x] "Do you want me to deliver a message or letter to him? Whether Komachi catches me or I decide it's time to move on to the next cycle, I'll end up back there again eventually."
[x] "Hey Youmu, why are you so soft?"
>> No. 51596
[x] "Do you want me to deliver a message or letter to him? Whether Komachi catches me or I decide it's time to move on to the next cycle, I'll end up back there again eventually."
Half-Ghost helping gaems.
>> No. 51597
>>51591

Bah, I knew I should have looked a dictionary before posting.
>> No. 51613
[x] "Do you want me to deliver a message or letter to him? Whether Komachi catches me or I decide it's time to move on to the next cycle, I'll end up back there again eventually."

Youmu's expression takes on a state of shock, as does Yuyuko's.

"Can you actually find him?" Youmu asks, sounding a little on edge.

"Well, maybe. It'll be more of a chance thing I figure than actually being able to locate him, but I could take that chance." you reply.

Youmu looks at Yuyuko, then back to you.

"So... he's really down there?" she asks, wringing her hands a little. "I, he hasn't- What would... how...?" Youmu begins to break down a little, causing Yuyuko to move forward a bit, but all she does is stammer, seeming too flustered to think of anything to say.

"Would you need some time to think?" you ask, suggesting merely to calm her down. Youmu stops fussing and gives another bow.

"Yes, thank you. ome time to compose my thoughts would be most welcome." she says, looking towards the door. "I'm going to go get some rest, I need to make the most of this."

With that, Youmu hurries past you and Yuyuko, moving from the room and disappearing into the building. You hope that she'll be able to come up with something good at least. You can't exactly ensure a promise it'll get through, but a chance is still a chance. You look back to Yuyuko, and are a little surprised to see she's slightly misty eyed.

"Hey, what's up?" you ask, wondering if it's because of your actions just now.

"I'm hungry," she whines instead, looking up at you with pleading eyes. "And Youmu is busy."

Oh.

You find yourself walking back to the kitchen not soon afterwards, but along the way Yuyuko catches your attention by pulling on the back of your robe slightly.

"Hey, actually, I have an idea of what I want to eat!" she declares happily, a blob floating out from behind her and transforming into a bizarre caricature of a small bird of some sort wearing a strange winged cap. "Someone like her should be able to help."

You feel like you've seen the hat before at least, as the image disappears and reforms as a blobby spirit again. You faintly recall someone like that when you were in Alice's body, but you can't remember her name. You do, however, remember generally where you could find her.
>> No. 51615
[X] Go cath Mystia. Cook her.

If thi were Yuyuko route, it would be 75% done after this.
>> No. 51616
>>51613

STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM

[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."
>> No. 51617
>>51614

I don't think that will take us anywhere...
>> No. 51618
[X] Go catch Mystia. Cook her.

This will be interessing.
>> No. 51619
[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."
>> No. 51620
[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."
>> No. 51621
[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."
>> No. 51624
[X] Go catch Mystia. Cook her.

Never liked the sparrow
>> No. 51626
[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."

YUYUKO STOP
MYSTIA EATING STOP
YUYUKO MYSTIA EATING STOP
>> No. 51627
[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."
>> No. 51632
[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."
>> No. 51635
Uh, guys? I didn't see any options posted, or even a prompt for a write-in.

EZMode: Was that the actual end of the post or not?
>> No. 51644
[X] Go catch Mystia. Cook her.

Making friends with Yuyuko ought to be good. Having someone who can protect us from Shiki&cia...

Make Yuyu happy.
>> No. 51645
File 121704705531.jpg - (261.08KB , 1075x1514 , 1209537681111.jpg ) [iqdb]
51645
[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."
>> No. 51646
>>51635

lol Yeah, it was. I figure that you should get the drill by now, so I don't think I need to include the write in prompt.

[x] "Are you sure? She only serves lamprey if I remember correctly. It was sort of tasty though."

"Oh~ that sounds lovely too!" Yuyuko cries.

"That's what you want then?" you ask, just to be certain. Yuyuko responds by pulling out a small pouch from the sash of her kimono and hands it to you. From the way the contents feel, you know it contains money. Guess this is her way of saying yes, then. Remembering the directions, you manage to find the front of the house and step out, then stop.

"You know, I don't actually know how to leave here." you say, turning to Yuyuko. She blinks, looking a bit confused.

"Then, how did you get in?" she asks absently. You shrug.

"I don't know, I fall asleep in one body, and wake up in another."

"Oh, alright then." Yuyuko says, accepting the answer as she floats past you. "Exit is this way!"

You lost count of how long it's taken several minutes later as you continue down the seemingly endless staircase. Granted, you are moving at a rather leisurly pace, but the silence doesn't make it any easier to bare. Worse still, you can't think of anything to say to start a conversation. After what you can only approximate as taking about half an hour, you arrive at a rather large door that appears to be made of stone, with a very large magical circle floating above the surface, rotating slowly.

"This is the Border of Life and Death." Yuyuko says, floating towards the door. "It separates the outside world of the living from the land of the dead, but it's not perfect."

Yuyuko demonstrates by flying up into the air towards the top of the door, and you pursue. She reaches the top, and simply flies over, disappearing on the other side. As you pass over, the dim light of the stairway is replaced by the bright sunshine of daylight, and you realize you are above the clouds.

"Wow..." you breathe, looking around. You never actually flew this high on your own, so it's fairly awesome to see. Yuyuko is already descending towards the clouds, and you catch up to her, floating a little ahead of her.

"So, I'll be able to guide you the rest of the way." you say, turning towards her. She gives you a smile and floats closer to you.

"I haven't actually left Hakugyokurou in some time. Last time I went out was because of an incident with the moon. It'd be nice to see the rest of Gensokyo for once." she says, floating away from you again. You wonder what it is she does every day if she doesn't go anywhere. Spend all her time sitting around and eating? Playing with Youmu? She doesn't seem like the kind to do much strenous activity, so you couldn't imagine her doing anything too active. You find yourself a little curious about her, she is being rather hospitable towards you as well.
>> No. 51651
Ah, okay. It would be appreciated if you'd leave some kind of marker indicating the end of a post, since many of the writers here often leave the end unmarked if they're going to come back and finish out more of that post before accepting votes. A short line of dashes would be fine if you don't want to bother typing something out.

{+] Lead Yuyuko to Mystia's lamprey stand, but take the scenic route.
>> No. 51653
>Spend all her time sitting around and eating? Playing with Youmu? She doesn't seem like the kind to do much strenous activity, so you couldn't imagine her doing anything too active. You find yourself a little curious about her, she is being rather hospitable towards you as well.

[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?"
>> No. 51655
[x] It's going to be a long trip. Talk about your earlier possessions.
>> No. 51657
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?"
>> No. 51661
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?"
>> No. 51663
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?"
Seconded.
>> No. 51670
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?
>> No. 51675
[x] Lead Yuyuko to Mystia's lamprey stand
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."

Remember when we outran a girl who can MANIPULATE DISTANCE? I'm not sure flying toward the ground at that speed is a good idea, no matter how dead we are.
>> No. 51685
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?
>> No. 51689
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?

Gourmet Race is now playing in your head. Manually.
>> No. 51693
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?
[X] "Can you tell me about Gensokyo. I don't know much about it as I'm an outsider."

We need more info.
>> No. 51815
Updates?
>> No. 51842
You awake EZMode? I desire some updates.
>> No. 51843
[x] "Pardon if I'm being over-inquisitive, but what do ghosts normally 'do' all day? I'm really new to this whole undead thing."
[x] "Well it's in that direction, over near that landmark. Wanna race?

"I was wondering," you say, catching Yuyuko's attention. "What do ghosts do all day in Hakugyokuro?"

"Nothing." she replies, no hesitation. You feel a bit of a sinking feeling in your stomach. "At least, that's what normal ghosts do." she adds. "We're special cases, of course. We can do anything we want. I spend most of my time in the library reading old books, and eating. There's really nothing better to do than spend the rest of your days relaxing, Hakugyokuro is quite peaceful you'll find."

That does sound a bit better, though you're not quite sure how long you'd be able to enjoy it before you felt like moving on.

"That's just in Hakugyokuro as well, by the way. You can go outside whenever you want to find something new. Of course, you'll probably be spending a lot of time helping with smaller tasks around the house. Assigning you to work in the garden would kill you again, only Youmu is truly able to tend to the landscape." Yuyuko returns to her explanation.

Your mind runs back to the garden, the huge expanse of land filled with various trees and floral arrangements, decorative shrubbery, as far as the eye can see. You couldn't imagine having to actually work the grounds, but for someone like Youmu, with the speed she displayed in that training room, she could probably handle the task in a matter of hours. You'd much prefer housework, at least it's something you're more used to doing.

"I never really ever thought that the afterlife would literally be an after-life." you say, causing Yuyuko to laugh a bit.

"Most people wouldn't." she replies with a smile.

You look towards the ground, noting that you've gone quite a distance from the location of the gate. From where you are, you can see over almost the entire landscape of Gensokyo, the Forest of Magic itself being rather close. You can't make out anything specific, like the tower on Alice's house, but you can see a rather large gap in the tree line closest to the village, that must be the road Mystia's stand is on.

"There," you say, pointing towards the road. "Her stand is on that road." Yuyuko floats around you and lowers down over your arm, looking down it in the direction you're pointing. You try your best to ignore the soft feeling pressing against your back and shoulder for now.

"Want to race there?" you add, smirking. Yuyuko floats away from you, returning a grin. Without a warning, she bolts off ahead, leaving you behind already. You find it much easier to fly as a ghost, and it doesn't really take much effort to catch up to Yuyuko, but passing her is a different question, as you both seem matched for speed. You briefly wonder if the new speed is because you're in your own body and have the fullest control.

The road gets closer and closer every second, as does the ground.

"Oh! It's that road! How nostalgic!" Yuyuko cries, pulling ahead slightly. You close the distance and pull ahead slightly yourself. This time, Yuyuko doesn't manage to catch up, and you soon reach the edge of the road, coming to a stop near instantly without any ill effects.

"You're quite fast!" Yuyuko cheers, clapping her hands for you. While it's true that you haven't been able to go that fast before, you can't help but wonder if she lost on purpose.

------

Might update once more later. I'll probably only update once again on Sunday as well.
>> No. 51844
>>51843
[x] Rape
>> No. 51845
[x] "Only when I want to be, if you catch my drift."
>> No. 51846
>>51843

[x] Bow exaggeratedly.
[x] "And now, for my next performance: I trick a lady ghost into paying for my dinner."
[x] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm.
>> No. 51853
[x] Bow exaggeratedly.
[x] "And now, for my next performance: I trick a lady ghost into paying for my dinner."
[x] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm.
>> No. 51865
[x] Bow exaggeratedly.
[x] "And now, for my next performance: I trick a lady ghost into paying for my dinner."
[x] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm.
>> No. 51874
[x] Bow exaggeratedly.
[x] "And now, for my next performance: I trick a lady ghost into paying for my dinner."
[x] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm.

Damn. Nobody is one smooth operator.
>> No. 51882
[x] Bow exaggeratedly.
[x] "And now, for my next performance: I trick a lady ghost into paying for my dinner."
[x] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm.

Smooth fucker.
>> No. 51901
[x] Bow exaggeratedly.
[x] "And now, for my next performance: I trick a lady ghost into paying for my dinner."
[x] "Shall we?" Offer her your arm.

You offer up a rather aggrandized bow, with the sweeping of one arm and everything.

"Thank you, it was nothing!" you say, adding to the sight, and eliciting a giggle form Yuyuko. "For my next performance, I will trick a lady ghost into paying for my dinner!" you say, ratting the bag of coins in your hand. Yuyuko only smiles, and you offer up your arm, bent to your side.

"Shall we?" you ask. Yuyuko laughs again and floats up to you, slipping one of her arms around yours.

"My, you're so suave, Kenshiro." she says, giggling again. "I'm going to have to be careful not to drop my guard."

You begin to float along the road, Yuyuko on your arm. You notice along the way that Yuyuko spends a lot of time looking around at the surroundings.

"Looking for something?" you ask.

"Not really, it's been so long since I've been down this road though. Youmu and I ended up on this road several years ago when we went out to solve the issue with the moon, though we were going the other direction we are going now." she says. "It was this road we actually met that Mystia girl, we had a rather good fight with her."

A fight with her? Why does she want to gosee Mystia now then if they fought before in the past? You suddenly have a feeling that you shouldn't have come out here, you might get caught up in something you don't want to get involved in. Your train of thought is derailed though when Yuyuko pulls you aside suddenly, dragging you into some bushes off the side of the road. You're about to ask her what she's doing when she presses a finger to your lips, giving you a wink. She releases your arm and begins to fade.

"You too." she whispers. "Just think about disappearing."

You do as she says, and look down at yourself, seeing yourself fade as well. Yuyuko begins to float low through the bushes, passing through them without even the slightest hint of movement. Of course, must have turned incorporeal. You follow her, and soon enough, you can hear a distant singing. Ah, now you see. You have a feeling you should stop Yuyuko, but she's a bit ahead of you. By the time you've caught up to her, you can already see Mystia up ahead, rummaging through some bushes.

"Where~ where~ where~ did I drop that damn eel~♪" you hear Mystia singing as she plucks through the undergrowth. You turn to ask Yuyuko what she plans on doing, but notice she's already gone. Crap.
>> No. 51908
[x] By "fight" Yuyu must have meant danmaku; do your best to play along with her prank.
>> No. 51910
[x] Stakeout.
[x] Play along with Yuyuko.
[x] Molest Mystia.
>> No. 51911
[x] By "fight" Yuyu must have meant danmaku; do your best to play along with her prank.

If things go too far we can always interdict by possessing Mystia.
>> No. 51912
[x] Watch silently.

Why not wait it out? Don't even know if Yuyuko is just dicking around, or if she decided she wanted meat for dinner instead.
>> No. 51913
>>51912
Lamprey IS meat...
>> No. 51914
>>51913

Seafood.
>> No. 51915
[x] Watch silently.
>> No. 51917
[x] Play along with Yuyuko.
[x] If she actually tries to EAT Mystia, stop her.

I don't think she's being written that way here, but...
>> No. 51918
[x] Play along with Yuyuko.
[x] If she actually tries to EAT Mystia, stop her.
>> No. 51924
[x] Play along with Yuyuko.
[x] If she actually tries to EAT or otherwise seriously harm Mystia, stop her.
>> No. 51926
Considering the number of votes along the lines of playing along with Yuyuko, I'll be going with that.
>> No. 51934
[x] Play along with Yuyuko.

She must be up to something, at least, you hope she is. You float out from the bush and see the faint image of Yuyuko behind Mystia. Mystia's wings twitch, and she stops singing to stand up, turning quickly. Yuyuko already vanished, leaving Mystia looking around.

"Hello?" Mystia calls out, sounding a little shaken. "Someone out there?"

Yuyuko appears in front of Mystia, but she doesn't react. You figure that being like this must make you invisible to others, and you allow yourself to come out of hiding a little bit more. Yuyuko reaches out and runs her hand along Mystia wing, and they twitch again, harder this time. Mystia shrieks and jumps forward, hovering in the air now. She turns again, looking around.

"Wh-who's there? If yo-you're playing around with me again Wriggle... I-I'll hit you!" she cries, sounding quite disturbed now. Her wings flap softly behind her. She couldn't really be using them to fly, could she? You decide to get in on playing with Mystia as well and float over towards her. Yuyuko behind her sees you approaching and gives you a wide grin, which you return. Yuyuko points down at Mystia, and makes a grabbing motion, then pats her face. You don't quite follow what she's going on about. You quickly mime back the motion of grabbing Mystia's face.

Yuyuko shakes her head, adding her hands for emphasis.

"Touch her, then concentrate on making your face appear." Yuyuko whispers, causing Mystia to shiver slightly and look around.

"Wh-wh-who..." Mystia stammers "Who said that?"

You do feel alittle bad for scaring the girl like this, but you have to admit it is pretty fun. You rather like haunting people. You get into position behind Mystia, and reach out, clamping your hand on her shoulder. She yelps and turns, and you do as suggested and focus on making your face appear. It must have worked, because Mystia gives a loud scream and promptly faints, falling into the bushes mere feet below.

"Ohoho~! That was pretty awesome, Kenshiro! I haven't seen anything that scary since the time I accidentally ripped Youmu's favourite bloomers!" Yuyuko states with a smile and applause. "I almost forgot you just became a ghost today!"

You and Yuyuko float down and land next to Mystia, Yuyuko returning from her faded state, and you do the same. Yuyuko kneels next to Mystia and gently shakes her.

"Hey~ sleepy bird, wake up." Yuyuko says gently, as she shakes and prods Mystia. No response comes however, and Yuyuko leans in towards Mystia's ear. "I'm going to eat you~"

Mystia's eyes snap open and she see's Yuyuko immediately, giving another yelp and scrambling away from her. Yuyuko stops that by quickly circling behind her and draping herself over Mystia's shoulders much like she does to Youmu.

"Ow~ Hey! Let me go!" Mystia whines, struggling against Yuyuko's clearly pantented Gentle Death Lock. You need to remember to ask her later how she can resist so much physical struggle despite looking entirely relaxed.

"Such a delicious little bird you are~" Yuyuko muses, causing the winged girl to struggle more, and Yuyuko releases her. Mystia flys away, and then notices you, giving another quick squeak and flying away from you too.

"Outnumbered again?" Mystia whines. "You never fight fair!"

"I didn't come to fight this time," Yuyuko says, floating over towards you. "We've come to eat!"

"That's even worse for me!" Mystia shouts, pointing angrily at Yuyuko. "You won't take me easily you gluttonous ghost!"

"Oh dear, I guess you're right," Yuyuko says, looking away with a pained expression. You're starting to get her actions a little bit more, being able to distinguish between genuine emotions and her penchant for acting. You wonder if she was some kind of actress at some point, possibly before she died. You'll have to ask later though. "I guess I'll settle for some of your famous lamprey, then." Yuyuko says, patting her hands together.

Mystia looks like she loosens up a bit.

"You.. Seriously?" she asks, clearly a bit confused.

"Of course! I want to try it, we don't have lamprey in Hakugyokuro." she says, clasping her hands and holding them up to her chin. "Please cook for us!"

"Well, I don't kno-"

"We'll pay!" Yuyuko says, poking your arm. You hold up the bag of coins.

"Of course I'll cook for you!" Mystia chimes, doing a complete 180. "Ah! I dropped an eel around here though. It was squirming and I lost my grip on it. Can you help me find it?"

"So long as we get to eat it too!" Yuyuko cries in reponse.

"As long as you pay for it."

Yuyuko hits the ground quickly, kneeling down to get a better look in the ankle high grass and small plants, followed by Mystia and then you. It only takes a few minutes before Yuyuko raises up triumphantly, holding the eel in her hand. Mystia flys over and takes it, then the three of you float back into the air.

"Alright then~! Follow me!" Mystia sings, turning towards the edge of the forested area and heading back to the road with Yuyuko and you in pursuit. The stand, as it would seem, was only a minute or so flight away. Mystia flies up behind the stand and rolls up a small screen pulled down over the counter, pushing the stools on the counter towards you. You take some time setting up the stools as Yuyuko takes a seat, and you take one next to her.

"Any preferences?" Mystia asks as she lights the grill on the other side, gently fanning the flames with a fan to get them larger.
>> No. 51940
>"Any preferences?" Mystia asks as she lights the grill on the other side, gently fanning the flames with a fan to get them larger.

[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me. Yuyuko?"
>> No. 51945
Wait... we're ghosts. Why are we eating?
>> No. 51947
>>51945

Why does Yuyuko ever eat anything?
>> No. 51949
>>51945
It's tasty~
>> No. 51951
>>51940

This ghost knows his lamprey. Maybe.

[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me. Yuyuko?"
>> No. 51956
She grills it.

[X] Whatever we had as Alice.
>> No. 51959
>>51956

>You sit in silence for a while as the girl prepares the lamprey and grills it, singing the whole time. After a while, she takes the skewered lamprey off the grill, drizzles some kind of sauce on it and hands it to you on a plate.
>"This sauce is a new recipe, try it out!" she says happily in a break of her singing. You it over, doesn't look too bad. You slide a piece of the meat off and try it. Wow, that's better than you thought!

[x] Ask what kind of sauces she has
>> No. 51972
>>51959
[X] "I'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."
>> No. 51973
>your sauces
Yuyuko might take that literally

[x] I heard you have a new recipe?
>> No. 51975
>>51973
...
Changing my vote to this.
[X] "I'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."
>> No. 51977
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me. Yuyuko?"

Time to find out if ghosts can get drunk.
>> No. 51989
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
[x] "For Yuyuko, she'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."
>> No. 51990
[X] Bird meat.
>> No. 51994
[X] "I'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."
>> No. 51996
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
[x] "For Yuyuko, she'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."

Brilliant.
>> No. 51997
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
[x] "For Yuyuko, she'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."

oh ho ho
>> No. 52009
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
>> No. 52030
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
[x] "For Yuyuko, she'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."

I love these GATTAI DA votes.
>> No. 52051
[$] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
[$] "For Yuyuko, she'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."
>> No. 52133
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
[x] "For Yuyuko, she'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."
>> No. 52201
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
[x] "For Yuyuko, she'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."
[x] "You'll like it Yuyuko; it tastes like fried chicken."
>> No. 52230
[x] "Pan fried. With vinegar if you've got any. And sake for me."
[x] "For Yuyuko, she'd like to have the lamprey with your sauces."

Both Yuyuko and Mystia give you an odd look, Yuyuko more out of surprise, while Mystia's seems more on the line of suspicion.

"Have you eaten here before?" Mystia asks, looking you over as if she was trying to remember you.

"I'm familiar with your food, you could say." you blurt, waving dismissively. Mystia doesn't seem to reassured, but she kneels behind the counter and returns with a small pan and a rather decorative looking glass bottle. She sets the pan on the grill, and kneels again, coming back up with some long strips of meat. She flops one strip along a block of wood, and rakes her long nails through it, easily cutting it into smaller chunks. She takes several of the chunks and tosses them into the pan, already creating a soft sizzle, and splashes some of the bottle onto it. She takes the second long strip and repeats the same process of cutting it, this time however the aligns the chunks in a row and pushes two long skewers through the end, placing them on the grill.

Once more she ducks behind the counter, and brings up a small white bottle, and places it into a bowl of water set into the coutner next to the grill.

"Sake will be up in just a moment," she says, retrieving a small bottle of dark liquid and drizzling it onto the meat as it grills. "You sure seem familiar with my stand in any case."

Mystia starts to sing softly to herself as she maintains the food as it cooks. You notice Yuyuko is looking at you, and you turn your head to her.

"You've eaten here before?" she asks, looking a little impressed. "Was it good?"

Mystia must have heard, because she's looking up at you. Well, this is a situation. You couldn't possibly reply to Yuyuko in any fashion that's not immediately suspicious, but you also don't think you could outright deny having been here before.

---
>> No. 52236
>"You've eaten here before?" she asks, looking a little impressed. "Was it good?"

[x] "Actually, yeah. Tastes a lot like chicken."

Go for the gold.
>> No. 52244
[x] "Actually, yeah. Tastes a lot like chicken."

awesome.jpg
>> No. 52245
[x] "Actually, yeah. Tastes a lot like chicken."
>> No. 52253
File 121723706360.jpg - (56.51KB , 450x650 , yuyukawesome.jpg ) [iqdb]
52253
[x] "Actually, yeah. Tastes a lot like chicken."
>> No. 52261
[x] "Actually, yeah. Tastes a lot like chicken."

Mystia jostles a little, catching Yuyuko's attention. You see Mystia giving you a bit of a glare out of the corner of your eye.

"What are you getting at?" Mystia says, tapping a claw against the wooden block.

"Oh, nothing," you say, attempting to diffuse the situation. "It was just a comparison."

"I wonder if Mystia tastes like chicken!" Yuyuko gasps, looking at Mystia with perhaps a little too much curiosity. Mystia is quite visibly disturbed by this new attention.

"I-I don't taste anything like that! Besides, aren't sparrows too bony!?" Mystia cries, eyeing Yuyuko. Yuyuko seems to snap back to reality and return to normal. You get the impression from the way Mystia sounded that they've actually had this discussion before, and now you're even more concerned about Yuyuko and Mystia's relationship.

"Ah, that's right, isn't it. It's no good after all." Yuyuko sighs, planting her elbow onthe shout counter in front of her and resting her head. "I can't wait to taste this meal though!" Right back into her normal good cheer already.

Mystia picks up singing again a few seconds later, and Yuyuko watches the cooking process with great intensity. Mystia removes the small white bottle from the bowl of water and places it on the counter, retrieving two small cups and placing them next to the bottle.

"Enjoy!" Mystia sings, returning to her cooking. You pour some of the sake into one of the cups, and offer it to Yuyuko, who accepts. You fill your own cup afterwards, and proceed to take a sip of the hot alcohol. You find yourself rather enjoying it, quite a different feel than drinking normally.

The only thing to change now is the relative silence. Mystia's singing is okay, but listening to a musical narrative of her actions is a little bizarre. Yuyuko doesn't seem to mind too much though.

---
>> No. 52262
[+] Enjoy the silence.

Words are very unnecessary.
They can only do harm.
>> No. 52264
[x] Burn the stand down in a fit of insanity.
>> No. 52268
[x] Enjoy the silence.
[x] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing before you leave.
>> No. 52272
[x] Enjoy the silence.
[x] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing before you leave.
>> No. 52273
{X} Enjoy the silence.
{X} Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing before you leave.
>> No. 52277
[ ] Enjoy the silence.
[ ] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing before you leave.
>> No. 52279
And also,
[ ] convince Mystia that Yuyuko secretly THE GAME
>> No. 52280
>>52279

Yes, that too.
>> No. 52287
File 121725513195.jpg - (46.42KB , 253x228 , remilia_game_recovery.jpg ) [iqdb]
52287
>>52280
>> No. 52293
[x] Enjoy the silence.
[x] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing before you leave.
>> No. 52306
[$] Enjoy the silence.
[$] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing before you leave.
>> No. 52307
[x] Enjoy the silence.
[x] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing before you leave.
>> No. 52357
>>52262
GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES
>> No. 52383
[x] Enjoy the silence.
[x] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing and cooking before you leave.

Do not want night-blindness.
>> No. 52411
Updates?
>> No. 52453
[x] Enjoy the silence.
[x] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing and cooking before you leave.
>> No. 52493
[x] Enjoy the silence.
[x] Remember to compliment Mystia on her singing and cooking before you leave.

You decide to just enjoy the silence for now, and you find yourself instead listening to Mystia's singing. You occasionally stop to refill the cups when needed, and before too long, the food is presented to you.

"There you go, Enjoy~!" Mystia cheers. Despite being a ghost, you have no issue with eating,a nd neither does Yuyuko apparently.

"This is so good!" Yuyuko exclaims, finishing the first piece of her skewer. "I should take you home with me!"

Mystia scratches her head a bit, smiling uncomfortably.

"What about the rest of my customers?" she says.

"This is good enough to be worth dying for!"

"I don't know about that," Mystia says, starting to sound a little more uncomfortable. 'I don't want any of my customers dying."

"Well, what about us?" Yuyuko asks, leaning forward.

"I can't help what's already happened. I'm just a sparrow."

You leave Yuyuko and Mystia to talk for now, focusing on finishing your meal. It's also quite good, a bit different than the sauce that Mystia used last time. You finish rather quickly, and feel rather comfortably full. You also notice that Yuyuko has finished as well.

"That was really well done," you say, pulling up the bag of coins and dropping it onto the counter surface, catching Mystia's eye. "You also have quite a lovely voice as well."

Mystia's face turns a little red through her surprised expression, and she looks down at the grill, looking a little embarassed.

"Th-thank you." she mumbles. "I don't get many compliments like that. People usually complain instead."

"I don't see why they would, you have a nice tone to your voice." you continue, deciding to keep the part about her odd lyrics to yourself, at least for now.

"Oh, she's turning pretty red Kenshiro!" Yuyuko muses, floating from her seat. She passes over the stand and floats down next to Mystia and pinches her cheek, causing Mystia to attempt to swat her hand away. Unfazed, Yuyuko floats higher, and moves behind Mystia, poking at the tips of the odd ears at the side of her head.

"Wa~h, stop~" Mystia whines, flailing her arms at Yuyuko as she retreats laughing. During this, you take some time to count out a few of the coins and place them in a stack on the counter.

"This enough?" you ask, gesturing to the stack. Mystia looks it over after she makes sure Yuyuko isn't close by, and then snatches up the stack.

"Yep!" she says happily, sticking the coins into a pocket on the side of her skirt. Yuyuko floats down next to you as you move away from the stand. "Come back any time!" Mystia shouts after you as you float away.

"Are we going back already?" Yuyuko asks, floating next to you as you head back along the road. You hadn't really thought of what to do afterwards actually, though you did only consider coming out to eat. "It's been so long since I was outside. It would be kind of a shame to go back already."

---

My typing has been a little off all day today.
>> No. 52496
[x] "Well...I guess we could do something else. But nothing that endangers my "life". I still have to deliver that letter y'know. Do you know of a magician named Alice? She'd be safe to visit.
>> No. 52498
[X] "Well...I guess we could do something else. But nothing that endangers my "life". I still have to deliver that letter y'know. Do you know of a magician named Alice? She'd be safe to visit.
>> No. 52499
Changing to this so we don't sound so much like a stick-in-the-mud:

[x] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."

Might be good to show Yuyu we actually have the friends we mentioned. Also I'm curious how she's doing.
>> No. 52501
[x] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."
>> No. 52503
[x] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."
>> No. 52504
[x] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."
>> No. 52505
[x] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."
>> No. 52507
[x] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."
>> No. 52511
[+] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."
Nice.
>> No. 52522
[waka] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."
>> No. 52527
[x] "We could pay a visit to my friend Alice for tea." Grin sardonically. "I don't know if she'll recognize me though."

"Oh! Wonderful idea!" Yuyuko says, hovering out in front of you slightly. "I could really go for some tea right now as well!"

You begin to head in the direction of Alice's house, and you notice that Yuyuko is already leading the way. Guess she does know Alice in some way, which makes it a little bit easier on you for having to introduce them, but how you'll introduce yourself is something you're a bit concerned about.

It doesn't take long for the two of you to get to Alice's house, and you land down in front of her door. Yuyuko motions towards the door.

"It was your idea to come here," she says, giving you a smile. "You go ahead and knock on the door."

Putting all the weight onto you now, huh? Well, it would be easier like this anyway, get introductions out of the way first thing and get on with everything. You reach out and rap firmly on the door. The response comes almost immediately.

"Coming~!" you hear Alice's voice from inside, and a few moments later, she pulls the door open, but stops at just a crack. "Can I help you?" she asks.

"Is that any way to treat the guy that did most of your magic research for you?"

Alice's eyes light up as she pulls the door open more, greeting you with a smile now.

"I didn't even realize it!" she exclaims, seeing Yuyuko behind you. "Oh! You're here with her too?"

"Oh! You're that girl from that time!" Yuyuko says, equally surprised from behind you. "The one from that night!"

"Ah, y-yeah." Alice replies, sounding a little nervous.

"Well, you two sound well off enough." you say, looking between them.

"You want to come in for some tea or something?" Alice says, looking at you specifically.

"We'd love to!" Yuyuko chimes ebfore you can reply, making towards the door. Alice steps aside and lets her in, and you follow.

---
>> No. 52539
[x]Ask how research is coming along
>> No. 52541
>>52527

You want write-ins for table talk? You got it.

[x] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[x] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"
>> No. 52544
Excellent.

[x] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[x] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"
>> No. 52558
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"

I'm feeling wary about bringing up some of those other details, considering Yuyuko is most likely going to react by relentlessly teasing Alice over them and this iteration of Alice is probably not going to be able to shrug that off as easily as everyone else, what with the self-esteem issues and all that jazz.
>> No. 52559
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"
>> No. 52575
[x] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[x] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"

Ye of little faith.

Yuyuko probably already knows we possessed Alice with that comment we made in the doorway. And while she teases Youmu, I doubt she'll do the same to someone while she's a guest in her home. Hell, she hasn't even really teased us, and we've given her plenty of opportunities.
>> No. 52576
[x] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[x] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"
>> No. 52578
[x] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[x] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"
>> No. 52583
[$] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[$] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[$] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[$] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[$] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"
>> No. 52584
[x] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[x] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"
>> No. 52613
Updates?
>> No. 52615
>>52613

I'd imagine he's sleeping right now, judging by fact he posted nine hours ago.
>> No. 52616
>>52615

He died.
He fell down the stairs.
>> No. 52619
>>52616
There are no stairs in the Internet.
>> No. 52621
>>52619

No, it's true. There was a freak earthquake and my chair rolled from my room and fell down the stairs with me in it. I died quite fast.

Thankfully though, they have VIP Suites in Hell, and I have my own computer with internet access. Only downside is how cold it is down here. Anyway, I'd update, but I met a pretty awesome guy about twenty minutes ago and he invited me out to dinner with some of his friends later. His name was... Leon-something or other.

Anyway, updates sometime.
>> No. 52627
>[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"

ONCE THE BIG HOURAI IS MASS PRODUCED
>> No. 52628
>>52621

Uh? I always though you would possess people instead of going to hell...

...

...


Jesus, that was lame.
>> No. 52640
[x] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[x] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"
[X] "Could you do a favor? When you finish your research, could you build a giant doll for me?"

Do want a body. A lifeless body that we can posses at will without the risk of screwing up someone's life.

Note: The biological body that Nitori's friend(forgot her name) is building will probably develop a mind and conscience of it's own.
>> No. 52654
[x] "How have you been, Alice? And how have you and Patchouli been? Honestly, I half-expected to find this cottage abandoned and you moving into the Library!"
[x] "I spoke to Reimu shortly after I visited you in Hina's body. I got her to promise to look the other way as long as I don't cause an incident, so there shouldn't be any troubles for you along those lines."
[x] "Yuyu, I was surprised you & Alice know each other, since you said you live a fairly sedentary lifestyle. How did you both meet?"
[x] "So, has the autonomous doll yet reached mass production? Or still in the prototyping stage?"
[x] "I see Marisa hasn't left any new holes in your walls; no difficulty getting those notes back from her, I presume?"

Alice closes the door behind you and walks past you. Several dolls whip through the air, picking up stacks of books and papers off the table nearby and placing them somewhere else as Alice arranges the chairs.Yuyuko watches with moderate curiosity, following the movements of a doll for a while, then switching to another one to watch.

"So, how have you been, Alice?" you ask, interested in how she's been since you left her.

"Very well, thank you," she says, pausing a moment to brush some loose hair behind her ear. "Your notes are amazing. I showed Patchouli and she was surprised as well. Ah!" Alice starts, bringing a hand to her mouth. "I forgot to mention! I told Patchouli about you as well. She was very impressed at the quality of your notes and expressed an interest in meeting you if she could."

You feel a little uneasy having heard that. You don't exactly like the idea of Alice spreading information about you.

"How'd she take being told you were possessed when you made moves on her?"

Alice blushes slightly and looks down, rubbing her hands together.

"I-I told her those were my real feelings, overpowering yours. She understood pretty well after that."

"My~ How adorable!" Yuyuko gasps, clasping her hands together. "It's fantastic you were able to find love at such a young age."

Alice laughs nervously, idly rubbing at her hair band.

"I'm surprised to find you home, I thought you'd have moved into the library by now." you say, looking around at the house.

"Picking up and moving is harder then that," Alice says. "Even still, getting everything of mine into the library would be difficult, and the dusty conditions would make it more of a challenge to maintain my dolls than it already takes living here. Not to say we don't visit each other often."

That's a bit of a surprise to you. 'We'? Patchouli actually comes here to visit? That's somewhat surprising. Before you can continue though, you hear a thump, a short cry and some clattering from the direction of the kitchen. Alice doesn't react too much to it though., other than heading towards the door.

"What was that?" you ask, following behind her. Alice opens the kitchen door to reveal a green haired girl in a blue outfit slumped on the floor, holding a small stack of plates.

"Ah! Alice!" she says, seeing Alice enter the room.

"Are you okay Ruukoto?" she asks, a few dolls zipping into the room and lifting away the plates. The girl gets to her feet and brushes off her skirt, looking a little embarrassed. You notice rather quickly that she has slightly unnatural movements, a little stiff.

"Who is this?" you ask, pointing to the girl.

"This is Ruukoto, she's a robot. Reimu lent her to me." Alice says, walking over to the girl and placing her hand on her shoulder. "I've been looking into some alternatives for making autonomous dolls, and I was wondering about the potential for robots." she says, turning to look at Ruukoto, who looks back at her. It's kind of odd that she's supposed to be a robot, she doesn't look too much different from a normal person, aside from her movements at least.

"Of course, that would take quite a while to make happen, I'd need the help of Kappas as well." she says, patting Ruukoto on the shoulder. "Still, I never realized how interesting mechanical devices were until I saw one in action myself." Alice steps away from Ruukoto now, and turns to her.

"Could you make some tea for us?" Alice asks. Ruukoto simply bows and heads off out the back door towards the well.

You only notice now that Yuyuko hadn't followed you into the kitchen, so you head out to see her still staring at the dolls, buzzing around and organizing papers and dusting nearby furniture. Alice squeezes past you and heads back into the main room.

"I spoke to Reimu shortly after I came by here last time," you say, catching Alice's attention. She turns around, giving you a little worried look. "I was able to work out a deal with her. I don't cause any trouble, and she won't try to exorcise me." Alice's worried expression fades.

"That's a relief, I wouldn't want to imagine what would happen if I needed your help again." Alice says. Alice notices Yuyuko now watching her dolls, and laughs a bit. One of the dolls stops it's busy fluttering and floats over to Yuyuko, who audibly gasps as it floats towards her. Yuyuko reaches out and gingerly pokes the doll, and you hear a faint, echoing giggle. Was that Alice doing that? The doll zips away and flaots over to Alice, landing on her shoulder, holding Yuyuko's attention all the while.

"Wo~w!" Yuyuko gasps, floating ove to Alice. "You're controlling all these, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am." Alice says, stroking the dolls head with her fingertips. The doll smiles in response. Just like Ruukoto, despite not being real flesh and blood, they're mostly indistinguishable from common fairies.

"I'd only seen you using them in passing on that night, and then later when that Oni girl was causing trouble. I had no idea there were so many or that they moved around so much." Yuyuko says, leaning in closer to get a look at the doll, a 'Shanghai' if you still remembered correctly.

"I'm surprised you and Alice know each other, Yuyuko." you say, causing Yuyuko to take her attention off the doll for a moment. "You said something about 'that night', and some Oni girl?" Despite having faint memories of these events yourself, you'd rather hear directly.

"That's right," Yuyuko says, straightening up. "'That night' refers to a night a short while ago where the night stopped. She was out with Marisa trying to solve the issue if I remember correctly." Yuyuko says, tapping ehr chin. Alice looks a bit annoyed though.

"Yeah, and ever since she's been constantly bumming around my house and taking my stuff," Alice fumes. "She's a real hard headed idiot." she adds with a sigh.

"Then there was an issue with an Oni gathering people and forcing endless feasts. I didn't meet her directly again, but I saw her in passing a few times. That was the last time I went outside of Hakugyokuro come to think of it." Yuyuko continues, looking to Alice. She nods in response.

"We're not incredibly familiar with each other, but we're familiar enough to get along." Alice says, which causes Yuyuko to float over and ruffle Alice's hair, which only gets a strange look in return.

"Was that necessary?" Alice asks as Shanghai floats up, smoothing out Alice's hair again. Yuyuko simply nods with a big smile.

"Absolutely necessary!"
>> No. 52655
Alice sighs, the doll buzzing around her head. That reminds you, you check for the table with the doll you had made, but you don't see neither table, nor doll.

"How's the doll research coming?" you ask. Alice perks right up, clapping her hands together.

"Ah! I completely forgot!" she exclaims, all the dolls stopping what they're doing for a moment. Obviously, Alice lost her concentration for a second there. "Stay right here!" Alice says, thrusting out her hands for a moment, then quickly rushing off to her room. She returns a few seconds later carrying a doll, roughly the same size as the rest, though her eyes are closed and she's dressed in a simple white cloth that looks more like a slip than clothing. You recognize it as the one you had been working with, though it looks like it had a little more work done to it, the clothes removed and the hair swapped for a colourless white. It looked like the rest of the dolls Alice uses, less like a doll and more like a fairy, no visible doll joints at all. Alice walks over with a smile and sets the doll on the table, and steps back.

"Wake up!" Alice says softly, bending slightly to get her face closer to the doll. The doll shivers for a moment, and it's eyes open. You recognize the two eyes immediately, the eyes you took from Marisa's house, red and green. The doll looks up at Alice, then turns to look at you, blinking.

"She can see, she can feel, she avoids danger and reacts to motion, and she responds to my voice as well!" Alice gushes, looking from the doll to you, then back again. "Stand up!" Alice says again, and the doll pulls it's legs up and clumsily gets to her feet, wobbling slightly. "Come to me!" Alice says, patting her chest. The doll wobbles for a moment, and takes a step forward off the table but doesn't fall, instead floating up into the air towards Alice, who hugs her to her chest.

"All that's left is to finish the independant mind." Alice says, with a big smile. You see a hint of water in her eyes, though she wipes them rather quickly. "I rewrote a lot of what you did and touched it up a bit, worked out some of the minor flaws to make it work smoother."

By this point, Ruukoto comes out of the kitchen, carrying a tray. Yuyuko takes a seat almost immediately, and you and Alice follow suit, Alice setting the doll down on the table. Ruukoto carries the tray over and places it on the table. Alice immediately sets about pouring cups for everyone.

"The tea isn't consecrated this time, is it?" you ask with a grin. Alice giggles slightly, but Yuyuko only tilts her head a bit, obviously not getting it. "Last time I had tea in this house, I was purged from Alice's body by Reimu." you explain. Yuyuko simply nods.

"Yes, I can see how that would be a concern, but you wouldn't be affected by such tricks in this form anyway." Yuyuko says, taking her tea when it's handed to her.

"By the way, Alice, your house is still all in one piece. No more intrusions from Marisa? You ever get those notes back?" you ask as Alice pours and serves you your tea.

"Yes, I did. Turns out the lock on her door was broken, so I let myself in when she wasn't home and took them back, along with some other older papers of mine I found." Alice says, nodding towards the stack of papers that had been moved from the table.

Your eyes wander back to the doll sitting on the table. She has an absent look on her face, as she looks around at everyone. You notice she only looks at someone when they're moving, must be an improved version of the trigger you initially set.

"Have you given this doll a name?" you say, indicating the one on the table.

"No, not yet." Alice says in reply. "Why? Would you like to name it? After all, you did do most of the work."

---
>> No. 52661
[x]How about Shirou?
>> No. 52663
[x] Kirakishou, Harbinger of Despair
>> No. 52664
[x] "How about Eve?"
>> No. 52665
File 121738760413.jpg - (66.69KB , 707x700 , soronery.jpg ) [iqdb]
52665
[x] "Souseiseki"

Superior green/red
>> No. 52666
File 121738791034.jpg - (17.71KB , 300x400 , jissouseki.jpg ) [iqdb]
52666
[x] "How about Jissouseki?"

The best green/red.
>> No. 52668
File 121738805470.jpg - (805.50KB , 1536x2048 , S6300715.jpg ) [iqdb]
52668
>>52665
>> No. 52669
[ ] "How about Ophelia?"
>> No. 52671
>>52668

Buying love for only a few thousand dollars.
>> No. 52673
[x] "Souseiseki"
>> No. 52674
All the dolls in Rozen Maiden want to become Alice, right? So we'll just name it Al- OHWAIT.

[x]"Souseiseki"
>> No. 52683
File 121740052833.jpg - (237.36KB , 700x866 , Delicious Boku 023.jpg ) [iqdb]
52683
[x] "How about Souseiseki?"
I was going to complain about this, but then I looked through my Healthy Boku collection, and was made content.

Have some Pretty Boku.
>> No. 52687
[X] Jissouseki
Just because.
>> No. 52689
[x]"Souseiseki"
>> No. 52698
>>52674
>All the dolls in Rozen Maiden want to become Alice, right?

>Souseiseki wants to become Alice, right?
FORESHADOWING
>> No. 52701
>>52698

Keep the doll away from scissors.
>> No. 52956
[x] "Souseiseki"
[X] Explain the origin of the name. "Tis be an old tale..." (yeah, I know, I just want to.
[X] Ask for a body.
>> No. 53142
[x] "Gig"
>> No. 53206
[X] "Gig"

Voted for awesome. Even though this has no chance of winning.