[Return]
Archived thread

File 121641057050.jpg - (444.34KB , 1200x950 , be98f969af359593d130a65df7e5ae9e.jpg ) [iqdb]
49505 No. 49505
Thread 13

[x] "You have my word, Sanae, that everything will be fine."
[x] "I've been staying with Nitori for a while, and she hasn't died in a fire yet!"

"Oh, really?" Sanae says, with a hint of surprise in her voice. "She's usually very accident prone."

"She even has a bunch of outsider technology set up now too." you mention, deciding not to tell Sanae that it was you that set it up. "It all works fine as well and there hasn't been any problems."

"Sounds nice, I'm sure Nitori is happy with it." Sanae says, looking at the shrine again, then back to you. "Well, if we're going in we should go, hmm?" she says, turning away and heading back to the shrine with you on her heels.

Along the way, you happen to spot Suwako sitting at the edge of the nearby lake, staring off into the sky. You pass under the gate, which doesn't appear to be damaged, though you do notice that the ground around the posts appears to have been dug up recently. Kanako is nowhere to be seen, but she can be heard by now.

"Gyahahaha!~ I win again!" you hear her shouting from the shrine. The closer you get, the more you hear other voices, until Sanae slides open the door, revealing Kanako sitting around a small wooden table with two other women and a large, red skinned man with a very long nose. The table is covered in a variety of tiles you don't recognize.

"Ah~! Hina!" she calls, spotting you. "How've you been?"

"Well enough, I suppose." you say as she turns back to the others around the table, all of whom are begrudgingly handing her several strings hung with multiple coins. Some kind of gambling game, apparently.

"You guys are in trouble now!" Kanako says, waving her hand towards you. "Hina here will drain all my bad luck away, and I'll win even more!"

You feel the nagging sensation again, like an annoying itch between your shoulderblades. Sanae walks over to the table and sits next to Kanako, and you join her.

"We'll only be staying for one more game, Kanako." the man says, the other two women looking towards him. "We have to get our prints ready before the other tengu."

"Fine by me," Kanako says with a smirk. "You need to earn some more money so I can take it from your anyway."

Sanae, meanwhile, picks up a white bottle that had been sitting in a bowl of water, and pours some of the bottles contents into a small white cup, smaller than even an ordinary shotglass, before offering it to you. You take the cup and have a sip, surprised to find that it's very warm, close to hot. You do recall that this is typical for this drink however, though it's your first time having sake in such a fashion. After a short while, Kanako and the tengu are back into their game.

[] Watch them play
[] Talk to Sanae
[] Talk to Kanako
[] Finish your drink and go find Suwako

>> No. 49509
[x] Talk to Sanae
[ ] Watch them play
Best not disturb Kanako when she's making da monies, and it'd be rude to wander off and find Suwako without even talking to Sanae. Maybe we can watch the game a little during lulls in the conversation.
>> No. 49512
[x] Talk to Sanae

It's what we came for, isn't it?
>> No. 49513
[x] Talk to Sanae
[x] Watch them play
>> No. 49515
>You feel the nagging sensation again, like an annoying itch between your shoulderblades. Sanae walks over to the table and sits next to Kanako, and you join her.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

This is a warning bell, folks. It's the second hint we've been given warning of something being not quite right.

LET'S FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS ALREADY.

[X] Something is off. Focus on figuring out what is wrong.

You're in the midst of 2 gods and a miko, here, after all. You can't afford to make mistakes. Do this while seeming to:
[X] Watch them play
...and if you can pin it down:
[X] Talk to Sanae
>> No. 49517
[X] Something is off. Focus on figuring out what is wrong.
[X] Watch them play
[X] Talk to Sanae
>> No. 49519
[x] Something is off. Focus on figuring out what is wrong.
[x] Watch them play
[x] Talk to Sanae
>> No. 49524
[x] Something is off. Focus on figuring out what is wrong.
[x] Watch them play
[x] Talk to Sanae
>> No. 49525
[x] Something is off. Focus on figuring out what is wrong.
[x] Watch them play
[x] Talk to Sanae
>> No. 49526
[X] Something is off. Focus on figuring out what is wrong.
[X] Watch them play
[X] Talk to Sanae

I'm not sure if he's trying to make us do a write-in here, but writefags always complain about us ignoring these sort of things.
>> No. 49527
[X] "This shit is good! Drink it easy!"
>> No. 49529
[x] Something is off. Focus on figuring out what is wrong.

It's time to rest and meditate on what I've lea--uh, I mean, rest and meditate on what's wrong.
>> No. 49545
[X] Something is off. Focus on figuring out what is wrong.
[X] Watch them play
[X] Talk to Sanae

That nagging feeling is getting to you, there's something going on here, and you're not entirely sure what. It doesn't remind you of Reimu at the very least, which is a relief. What the problem is, however, is beyond you, as the feeling is only a passing nuisance every couple of minutes. For now, you quietly drink the sake and set your eyes on the table, more interested in trying to gredge up the nagging feeling then the game itself.

"So, did you replace the gate?" you say to Sanae, thinking back to the look of the dirt. Sanae gives an odd smile.

"Ah, well... yeah. We had to." she replies, taking a sip of the alcohol.

"Don't worry about it, Hina! Things happen!" Kanako cheers, waving her hand dismissively, though Sanae looks a little more concerned.

"Yes, we did," she replies. "Thankfully there are some skilled craftsmen in the village that could construct a new one for us." You notice she didn't make direct eye contact as she spoke, probably trying to avoid any awkward insinuations or situations. You feel it again, the weird feeling of something being up. Subconsciously, you find yourself looking back towards the door. It's outside?

"Hina? Something wrong?" Sanae asks you, you can hear a slight amount of worry in her voice.

[] "Hmm, maybe nothing." Ignore it for now, wait for another pang just to make sure.
[] "Something is up." This should be looked into.
[] "It's nothing." Ignore it entirely
>> No. 49547
[x] "Something is up." This should be looked into.

If we promised everything would be fine, It'd be best to check on shit just incase.
>> No. 49548
>>49526

Not so much forcing a write in, though said option to look into the feeling wouldn't have cropped up for a few more updates down the line.
>> No. 49549
[x] "My Spider-sense is tingling!"
>> No. 49550
[x] "Something is up." This should be looked into.

What, Kanako and Sanae don't notice anything? Their dice must be cursed.
>> No. 49552
[] "Something is up." This should be looked into.
>> No. 49553
[x] "Something is up." This should be looked into.
>> No. 49595
[x] "Something is up." This should be looked into.
>> No. 49602
[x] "Something is up." This should be looked into.

"Eh? What do you mean?" Sanae asks, looking towards the door. "I don't see anything."

"I'm going to go take a look around." you say, setting aside your cup, getting to your feet and heading out the door. Nothing looks different, that's for sure, but you feel a chill up your spine now when the feeling returns. You turn to see if there was something behind you, but see nothing. What could be causing this feeling? It's starting to get on your nerves a little bit.

You turn back and look over towards the lake, Suwako still sitting at it's edge staring off into space. You wonder if she might have any insight. For now though, you take another sweep of the area. Not a whole lot, though this place is rather nice for being so high on the mountain. There's a few trees growing up here as well. You notice, further away from the shrine, almost out of sight from where you're standing, what looks like a path leading off. You don't have any particular memories of the path, which is something you find rather odd, considering that Hina was supposed to be a somewhat regular visitor to this area.

For now though, you're a little lost as to what to do. You can't feel anything right now, but you're sure you will again.

[] Wait
[] Walk around a bit
[] Head to the gate
[] Head to the shrine
[] Head to the path
[] Go talk to Suwako
>> No. 49605
[x] Go talk to Suwako
>> No. 49612
[x] Go talk to Suwako

I bet there's something inside the shrine that's so cursed it hurts, but the fact that it's buried under several feet of rock is messing with our Hina sense.

HINA HOLMES AND SUWATSON TO THE RESCUE! We'll get to the bottom of this!
>> No. 49613
[] Go talk to Suwako
>> No. 49630
[x] Go talk to Suwako
>> No. 49661
[X] Go talk to Suwako
>> No. 49666
[x] Go talk to Suwako

She might know something, and even if she doesn't, at least you'll be able to have that behind you. You make your way over to her.

"Hello, Suwako." you say as you approach, causing her to jump a little and emit a small shriek, before turning her head to look behind her.

"Hina! You surprised me!" she whines, pushing herself onto her feet and standing up. "Good to see you back around here again!" she says with a smile.

"I'm glad I came too," you say, looking around. This place really is quite nice looking now that you're here. "I missed this place, and you guys."

"Aww, you're going to make me blush~." Suwako replies, placing her hands on her cheeks for a moment before swinging her hands behind her back. "So what are you up to?" she asks

[] "I've been having a weird feeling since I got here."
[] "Nothing much, just walking around."
[] "I'm trying to find something."

Loads of distractions, short posts, damn. Not a good day today.
>> No. 49667
[x] "I've been having a weird feeling since I got here."
>> No. 49668
[x] "I've been having a weird feeling since I got here."
>> No. 49669
[] "I've been having a weird feeling since I got here."
>> No. 49671
[ϰ] "Nothing much, just walking around."
[ϰ] "But I've been having a weird feeling since I got here."
>> No. 49672
[x] HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
>> No. 49677
[x] "I've been having a weird feeling since I got here."
>> No. 49685
[x] "I've been having a weird feeling since I got here."

Suwako gives you a smile and starts rocking back and forth on her feet.

"So, you can feel it too, huh?"

You can only manage to blink in surprise. She knows about it too? Then what about the others? They must know something. Suddenly it occurs to you, Sanae's constant looking over her shoulder. She must have been feeling something too, or at least it seemed like she was to you now. It's not just you then.

"Do you know what it is?" you ask, wanting any kind of insight into the matter you can get.

Suwako shakes her head, just a tad too violently perhaps, because her hat slides slightly off center, and she takes a moment to straighten it out so that the googly eyes at the top are looking forward again. You feel a little bothered by the absurd stare of the hat, which in comparison to Suwakos light smile just makes it seem all that more bizarre and emotionless. If it weren't on her head, you'd probably be afraid of the thing.

"I was thinking of what I could do about it, then I guess I slipped into thinking about the past and the outside. Then I started thinking about how I would beat that boss I was stuck at." Suwako says.

"Boss?" you reply, slightly confused.

"Ah, you don't know much about the outside world, do you?" she queries, lifting off the ground a bit. "You want me to show you?"

[] "Sure, why not?"
[] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."

Last update here for tonight. Doing something experimental on IRC.
>> No. 49686
[x] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."
>> No. 49687
File 121644724271.png - (97.96KB , 325x326 , EX RAGE.png ) [iqdb]
49687
[x] "Sure, why not?"

Brighten up Hina's life a little bit by introducing her to the wonders of the vidya. Or make her feel bouts of NERD RAGE she never knew she could feel. Either way, this choice was made for me.
>> No. 49691
[x] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."
Your distractions, I'll be ignoring them.
>> No. 49695
[x] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."
>> No. 49696
[x] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."
>> No. 49699
[x] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."
>> No. 49709
[x] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."

I'm reeeeeally hoping we're not walking into a ghost trap set up at Moriya after Komachi came looking for our spirit ass.
>> No. 49711
[x] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."
No use getting distracted by fluff now!
>> No. 49738
[x] "Maybe in a bit, after we solve this."

"Oh, okay then!" Suwako says happily, floating into the air anyway. "Where should we start looking?" she asks.

You don't really have any idea where to start, honestly. It's only a passing feeling, but Suwako is able to feel it too at least. Perhaps there's something more to this that you could try to find out. All you might need is a bit more perspective on the matter. You wonder if Sanae or Kanako are feeling the same thing, and you think maybe you should ask them.

[] Go ask Sanae
[] Go Ask Kanako
[] Head to the shrine
[] Head to the gate
[] Head to the path
[] Wait

Going to be a lot of short updates, since it's kind of hard to write walls without going into pointlessly extreme detail about nothing.
>> No. 49743
[] Go Ask Kanako
>> No. 49744
[x] Go Ask Kanako
If Hina and Suwako can both sense it, it's a pretty safe bet that Kanako (another Goddess) can feel it as well. But if she's still gonna be gaming, then:
[x] Head to the Shrine.
I dunno, from Sanae trying to turn us away I get the feeling she's trying to keep/protect us from whatever it is. Might not be best to talk to her about it. And if something is happening, it'll probably be in the Shrine.
>> No. 49766
Slow votes are slow.
>> No. 49767
[x] Go Ask Kanako
>> No. 49769
[x] Go Ask Kanako
[x] Head to the Shrine.
>> No. 49773
[X] Go Ask Kanako

Option with more likely results.
>> No. 49775
[X] Go Ask Kanako
>> No. 49788
[x] Go ask Kanako

So long as Suwako can feel this, Kanako might as well. You head to the shrine and step into the opened door, where Sanae is sitting next to Kanako, who is apparently deep in concentration over something you can only assume to be dealing with whatever game she's playing. Maybe not such a good idea to bug her right now after all. You turn to Suwako, who simply shrugs.

"Kanako really gets into games, especially if money is involved." she says quietly, floating up to peek over your shoulder before floating back. You step away. Sanae probably doesn't feel it, though you can't be sure of that really. For now though, you dice to take a once over around the shrine area, see if you can see anything that might be wrong. However, your serach turns up nothing. Aside from some flowers behind the shrine that could use some more sunlight, there's nothing particularly wrong here, which is particularly annoying as you once again feel the nagging in your mind. What is wrong around here? Both you and Suwako can feel it afterall, so unless Suwako is a hallucination, you're not going crazy.

[] Go ask Sanae
[] Head to the gate
[] Head to the path
[] Wait
>> No. 49794
[] Head to the gate
>> No. 49795
[x] Head to the gate
Well, we trashed it before for one reason or another. Might be worth checking out again.
>> No. 49796
[] Head to the path
>> No. 49803
[x] Head to the path

Mystery path~.
>> No. 49805
[x] Head to the gate
>> No. 49807
[x] Head to the gate
>> No. 49808
[x] Go ask Sanae.
Pretty darn sure she can feel it, too, given how restless she was when talking to us earlier.

However, given that comment about Suwako being a hallucination, I'm not sure if this story follows Sanae-doesn't-know-about-Suwako canon or not.

Regardless, if Suwako, Sanae, and Hina all pool their powers, they ought to be able to do SOMETHING to find it.

...Worst case scenario being that we synch with them or something and they see Nobody at the helm of Hina. That, or we get curse juice all over them.
>> No. 49819
[Ω] Go ask Sanae.
>> No. 49829
[x] Head to the gate

Maybe the gate would be something better. After all, it did get knocked down the last time you were here. You circle around the shrine again and Suwako floats off ahead of you, landing on the ground ahead and skipping towards the gate. Seems she already knows where you're going, which eats at you a little bit. You arrive a few seconds afterwards as you feel the nag again. Aside from that, nothing different seems to be happening. You sigh in frustration and turn around, slumping against the gate.

A wave flows through you and your vision fades out, causing you to jump forward, instantly restoring everything. What? You look back at the gate post. You don't see anything wrong with it, but as soon as you touch it, your vision fades out again and you feel a strong pull towards the base of the post.

"It's under the gate?" you say, looking down at the ground. No way, could it be that Hina felt this last time and came to the same conclusion? There's something under the gate that she needs to get to, but she can't upend it without creating a scene. You look at Suwako, who looks back at you with a questioning stare.

"Find something?" she asks innocently. She couldn't actually know about this, could she?

"I think there's something under the gate." you say.

"Oooh~! Of course!" she says, cheerily. "That's why you knocked it down last time too, isn't it?"

Well, damn. It had to have been the case now. There's something down there.

[] Go get Sanae
[] Go get Kanako
[] Go get them both
>> No. 49831
[x] Go get them both
>> No. 49832
[] Go get them both
>> No. 49833
[] Go get them both
>> No. 49844
[] Go get them both
>> No. 49849
[] Go get them both
>> No. 49855
[x] Go get them both

What else at this point, though Kanako doesn't seem to be bothered at all by any of it anyways.
>> No. 49859
[Δ] Go get them both and for fuck's sake take the gate down carefully this time.
>> No. 49863
Having them both on hand is likely the best idea, so that they don't get any strange ideas about anything. You hustle back to the shrine and enter the door, just in time to see Kanako cheer again, dropping her row of tiles and gaining quite a number of angry curses and glares from the two tengu woman as the other three hand over more strings of coins.

"Any time~ Any time~!" she cheers as she accepted the coins while the other three stand from their seat.

"Your skill at mahjong is indeed incredible, but we must be going." the man says, giving Kanako a bow as the two women file out, the man soon afterwards.

"Sanae, Kanako," you says, taking a moment to prepare yourself for what you're going to say. "I'm going to need your help to tear up your gate again."

"What!?" Kanako shouts, causing Sanae to choke a little on the sake she was drinking. "What for?"

"There's something wrong with it, something under it, it's eating at me, and Suwako can feel it too. It's the reason I took down the gate last time too." you say. Kanako looks dumbfounded, while Sanae looks a bit nervous. You feel a pair of arms wrap around your neck as Suwako latches onto you.

"It's true, Kanako." she says, adding to your argument. "I'm surprised you haven't noticed it yet."

Kanako looks lost for words, turning to Sanae, who is finding something very interesting about the cup of sake.

"Sanae, did you feel this too?"

Sanae doesn't answer, but she looks up at you and Suwako, then back to Kanako.

"I, well... I thought I was just feeling nervous, or that there was something lingering from the last time, but... yes." she says, sounding rather sullen.

"Aa~h, damn it all." Kanako shouts, standing quickly and heading to the door. Sanae gets to her feet and follows her quickly as she passes, and you and Suwako follow out after her. She storms over to the gate and waits for everyone else to catch up.

"So, what do we do?" she says, rather impatiently. "If you're going to break it down again, then do so."

You look at the gate, then back at Kanako and Sanae, the former looking irritated, and the latter looking worried. On the other hand, Suwako looks entirely unconcerned as she stands, rocking back and forth on her heels again. You look over the gate, trying to think of some way you could rid it out of the way. Your eyes turn to the loose dirt around the gate posts.

"Maybe if we dug up the posts, it could be lifted out." you say, looking over to Kanako and Suwako. Suwako suddenly stops and grabs the edges of her hat.

"Oh! I know!" she says, turning to the gate post and holding out her hands. There is a faint light, and the dirt begins to move itself, coming out of the hole like it was bubbling over, until the area around the post is emptied, then she runs over and does the same for the other post.

"Okay~!" she cries, lifting up into the air. "C'mon Kanako!" she says, as Kanako lifts off after her. The two of them float under the gate, and put their hands on the underside. In unison, the two of them begin to fly upwards, slowly dragging the huge gate out of the ground inch by inch. As it advances, you start to see wisps of dark mist flowing out from the quickly opening hole below the post. Once the post leaves the ground, the hole is entirely open, and your vision flashes, descending to your knees and plunging your hands into the opening without even thinking about it.You feel the familiar pulsing as the energy seeps into you, flowing into your body. You instantly get a headache from it, and you feel a little faint. You've gathered a lot in such a short time, you're starting to hope you didn't over do it.

It takes a total of three minutes for the dark mist to stop pouring out of the hole, and it quickly fades against your arms. When the last traces are back, you vision returns to normal, and you nearly collapse, falling to your elbows. The world feels like it's spinning all around you, making you feel like you're going to throw up. Despite the spinning, you look into the hole, and notice something cracked and white. A chill runs up your spine at the sight of it. You pull yourself up a bit, and Suwako is right there next to you, peeking into the hole.

"Ooh~" she gasps, looking in. "There's a skeleton down there." she says, causing Sanae to come over and peek in as well. Kanako, on the other hand, is holding the gate above her head in mid air, single handedly, looking a little annoyed she can't come down.

"The gate's weight must have cracked it and angered the spirit," Sanae says, looking up at you. "And you felt it's malice, though due to the sacred gate, it couldn't seep out for you to find it."

You feel a little relieved now, if slightly nauseous from the ordeal, and you're glad it's finally over.

"I'm sorry I blamed you for the incident last time, Hina." Sanae says, shuffling over towards you and setting a hand on yours. "Well, even though it was your fault, we didn't know why you did it, we just assumed it was an accident."

You give a weak smile, sliding off your haunches and sitting on the ground proper, resting your head against your knees.

"I don't feel so good right now, I think I need to lie down." you say, still feeling queasy. You feel a tug on your arm and look up to see Suwako.

"Well come on! You can lay down in Sanae's room until you feel better." she says, tugging excitedly on your arm. You manage to stagger to your feet as Suwako backs off, and Sanae and her head towards a building near the shrine with you following. Behind you, you hear a Kanako talking to herself and a thud as the replaces the gate.
>> No. 49864
You reach Sanae's room, and proceed to lie down. Sanae brings you some juice, while Suwako stays in the room with you and talks to you, as you explain what you've been up to the last few days. You even tell her about the relationship you started with Nitori, which gets a big smile from Suwako. You decide to leave out the more personal details, of course.

"Ah! That's right!" Suwako says, suddenly remembering. "You should go get Nitori! Then we can go to my shrine and play games tonight! She'll love that!"

She would indeed. You start to feel better rather quickly, and when you're feeling well enough to stand, you decide to leave to get Nitori. You find her easily, watching movies just like you left her, and she greets you with a hug. You pass on the invitation to Suwako's, and you can practically hear her heartbeat form how excited she gets as she gets ready to leave, gathering several bottles and a few cucumbers for party snacks. The entire way up to the shrine, she doesn't stop talking about what she was watching, or how awesome the movies were. When you reach the shrine, Suwako leads you along the path behind Kanako's shrine, leading you to a smaller building farther away, partially hidden by rock formations. When you get near, you notice a rather large machine outside, currently on by the sounds it's making. You recognize it as a gas generator, much like the one Nitori was originally tinkering with. To no surprise, Nitori's eyes light up whens he sees it, though it takes a little coercion to get her to leave it alone, as you already have guessed what to expect.

Inside Suwako's shrine, you find yourself in almost as much shock as Nitori. The place is crammed with electronic devices and gadgets, all sorts of modern conveniences, things Suwako had gotten rather attached to in the outside world. The place looks like a dream come true for a technophile, which is precisely what Nitori starts rambling about as soon as she finds her voice. While Nitori is rampaging around the room, checking out all the shiny objects and playing around with whatever she could. You take a moment to ask Suwako about all this.

"Well, Gensokyo's a peaceful place, isn't it? Kanako got all the faith she wanted easily enough, and the need for hard work disappeared rather quickly. Why not use a little miraclework of my own to keep an empty generator running on fumes?" she says, ending with a wink.

The rest of the day was spent with Suwako and Nitori, the latter being too enamoured with the concept of video games to manage to play too successfully at first, but she quickly caught on, creating some very awesomely close matches in various party games and multiplayer versus matches across several systems and games. It's easily the best night you've had of your afterlife in Gensokyo.

HINA ROUTE GOOD END

Hina Route Completion: 100%
Hina Romance Subplot: Complete!
Hina Rank: A

Epilogue Extra Scene Unlocked!

Bad Ends Avoided: 2
Completion Bonus: +3
Clue Token Used
Extra Scene Bonus: +1
Subroute Completion Bonus: +1

lol @ taking too long to write anything.

srsly, I need someone to keep me from getting distracted.
>> No. 49867
Holy crap, we got 100%?
Does this mean we get to see Hina in a 2 piece swimsuit?
>> No. 49868
VIDYA END

Wonderful.
>> No. 49869
>>49867

FUCK YEAH.

This feels great.
>> No. 49870
Epilogue Extra Scene Unlocked!
Play that shit motherfucker!
>> No. 49871
>>49870

I kinda wanna hop to the next touhou, actually.
>> No. 49874
>>49871
They're not going anywhere.
>> No. 49875
>>49874

Neither is the Epilogue, I'd imagine.
>> No. 49877
>>49875
Good point.
>> No. 49880
I'll write the Epilogue some other time, not right now though.
>> No. 49907
That night, when you sleep, you enter a dream.

You find yourself floating in a featureless world of white. In the distance, a forest fades into the distance. That's right, this happened before. You see more details fade in around you, and as you turn around, finding the lightly wooded area situated around Hina's house. You realize there's a note tacked to the door. You float over effortlessly and take the note off the door, and for a moment, an image of Hina's arm overlaps with yours. On further inspection, the note itself is blank, but you tuck it into your pocket anyway, opening the door. Instead of the small, bare shack you remember, you see a large and vivid picture you quickly realize as a point of view from Hina, looking down at Nitori asleep with her head in her lap. You watch for a few moments as she looks up, towards the ceiling. Her point of view slowly shifts towards the door. Despite it's being closed in her point of view, you get a chill up your spine, as if she's looking right at you.

"Thank you." she says, her voice echoing from everywhere. The door slowly swings shut on it's own, and you float away from the door, looking around the blank and empty world between you and the Forest of Magic. You wonder if Alice's house is still as it was. Well, you could always check it out. Without even needing to move, you arrive, the scenery changing in an instant as you find yourself looking at the door to Alice's house. You open the door easily and look inside. Where half of the house used to empty out into open space, only a small hole in the far wall remains overlooking the empty void. You assume this means that she's progressing fine on her own, if slowly. That's good, at the least.

"Excuse me, sir!" a voice calls to you, an unfamiliar one at that. You turn around to find an old man standing behind you in a rather exaggerated butlers outfit. He offers a deep bow before continuing. "Please, have a seat."

You notice that the two of you are now in a rather large room, though the only furniture is a pair of large chairs. The man holds his position, gesturing to the chair behind you, until you take the seat. He proceeds to sit down as well, and pulls a cigar and matches from the breast pocket of his vest.

"How have you been feeling?" he asks, lighting the cigar as he places it in his mouth.

"Well enough." you reply, shifting slightly in your seat. The man nods for a few moments.

"Then, shall we?" he says, patting down the pockets of his vest until he apparently finds what he's looking for, a deck of cards. He clenches the cigar in his mouth as he shuffles the deck, then he cuts the deck, removing 5 cards from the top and fanning them out, face down, holding them towards you.

"Select your colour." he says, waving the cards slightly. Might as well. You reach out and pull a card. What colour is it?

[] White
[] Pink
[] Green
[] Indigo
[] Black
>> No. 49908
[x] Black, the color of your soul.
>> No. 49909
>>49908

Your words chill me to the bone Anonymous, but I can't help but agree.

[x] Black, the color of your soul.
>> No. 49910
[X] White, the color of Nobody's soul.

We're attempting to become a celestial, remember?
>> No. 49911
[x] Indigo

>>49908>>49909
Why would it be black, after all this?
>> No. 49912
[X] Indigo

Because no one ever picks indigo.
>> No. 49913
[X] Grab a sixth card from the deck. "This."
>> No. 49914
>>49911

It took work for the Grinch's black heart to beat, we've still got work to do.
>> No. 49915
>>49913

I lol'd
>> No. 49916
[X] Grab a sixth card from the deck. "This."

good choice man
>> No. 49917
[X] Grab a sixth card from the deck. "This."
>> No. 49918
[X] Grab a sixth card from the deck. "This."

:3c
>> No. 49919
[✓] Grab a sixth card from the deck. "This."
>> No. 49920
[X] Indigo

I like the taste of it.
>> No. 49921
>>49913
>>49916
>>49917
>>49918
>>49919

Haha, oh wow. Well then, I'm going to need to pull something from my ass now.
>> No. 49923
[x] Grab a sixth card from the deck. "This."

You lean forward and slip your fingers onto the deck in the mans hand before he can react, and pull a card. If you're going to do this, afterall, you might as well take a chance. The old man is a bit startled, but makes no effort to resist as you lean back and turn the card over.

Green. The room around you fades away, and your vision fades into white.

You roll over in your bed, opening your eyes. You're in a room you don't recognize, and you immediately notice the feeling of something pressing against your back. You shift your position and roll over, only to see a large, white floating semi-transparent blob of something floating in midair. What the hell is this? You take a few seconds to stare at it, trying to make sense of it with your sleep addled mind, and poke it with your finger. It feels spongy and warm, and floats away from you quickly as soon as you touch it. Well, okay.

You sit up, and notice that your new body is only dressed in frilly underwear, and looks to be rather young. You're already missing Hina's body as you kick the covers off your legs. Nearby, you find some clothes laying neatly folded next to a pair of swords. What scant memories you do have indicate that these are yours, so you waste no time in putting on the articles. Green, so that's what it meant. You also notice the presence of white blob shapes on parts of the top and skirt, which causes you to look at the white blob shape currently bobbing around in the air nearby. Is that supposed to be yours too?

Once dressed, you pick up the swords and go about finding a doorway, and trying to find out more about your new body. You don't make it very far before your first problem however, as you slide open the nearby door and are immediately greeted by a young looking woman with pink hair and a blue and white... kimono, was it called?

"Who are you?" she asks, looking at you slightly confused. Crap.

"I, uh... well..." you stammer, slightly surprised at your new voice after being so used to Hina's, and also nervous from being put on the spot so quickly. "Who are you?" you ask in return. After all, if she didn't know who you were, you could play the same card back. At least, you thought you could, though when she starts chuckling to herself, you're not so sure.

"I'm Yuyuko Saigyoji, currently around 1000 years young, a fan of scrumptious foodstuffs and sweet desserts," she recites, looking towards the ceiling and tapping her chin like she's deep in thought. "I'm also the mistress of the dead in this afterlife, Hakugyokuro, the surrounding garden, and the employer of the body you're highjacking."

... Well, damn.

"Well, uh..." you squeak, trying to find a way to buy yourself out of this situation, but the girl cuts you off by clicking her tounge.

"Ah~ ah~! You've been a bad spirit, taking over my precious Youmu," she says as the large blob floats over your head and presses against her. Yuyuko giggles as she wraps her arms around the blob. "Say, bad spirit, you want to see something cool?" she says, with a slight hint of playfulness. Before you can even answer, however, you're blinded by a flash of white and find yourself looking down at a familiarly dressed white haired girl carrying two swords. She shakes her head violently before looking around.

"Wha- Lady Yuyuko?" she says, looking around a bit more before turning completely and seeing you floating nearby. Yep, she can definitely see you.

"You!" the girl, 'Youmu' was is?, draws one of her swords. "You'll get what you deserve." she says flatly, drawing back the blade. You'd cower if you had the appendages, but you can only watch as Yuyuko reaches out and grabs the blade with her fingers, causing Youmu to attempt to swing, only to lose her grip and stumble.

"Wh-wha- Lady Yuyuko, I-"

"So cold! You've only just met and you want to cut him up already?" she says, sounding a little hurt. You're starting to have trouble taking her seriously now. "I think he deserves a chance to explain himself, don't you?" Yuyuko says, looking towards you. You're suddenly aware of a sensation you haven't felt on your own for quite some time. You look down at yourself. You have a body? It may be transparent, but still.

"I-" you start, jumping at the sound of your old voice for once.

[] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[] "I don't get what's going on here."

Oh ho, why not do something like this?

Last update tonight.
>> No. 49924
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[x] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."



FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>> No. 49926
[X] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[X] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
>> No. 49927
[x] "...You lost me."
>> No. 49929
[] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."

there was no misunderstanding.
>> No. 49932
[x] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."

We possessed her unintentionally, that's all there is to it, really. We need to thank Yuyuko for letting us have our own form for once.
>> No. 49933
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[X] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "And I'm not a bad person. Either Reimu or Alice can vouch for my character."
[x] "Youmu, was it?... do you have old male relative, with long white hair and beard, pensive looking but kind? He was the one who showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."

Teasing Youmu with info on Youki? Super-effective.
>> No. 49935
[] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[] Babble incoherently about dreams and cigar smoking butlers
>> No. 49936
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[X] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "And I'm not a bad person. Either Reimu or Alice can vouch for my character."
[x] "Youmu, was it?... do you have old male relative, with long white hair and beard, pensive looking but kind? He was the one who showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."
>> No. 49937
>>49933>>49936
at least say her swords remind of us of his or something
>> No. 49938
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[X] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "And I'm not a bad person. Either Reimu or Alice can vouch for my character."
[x] "Youmu, was it?... do you have old male relative, with long white hair and beard, pensive looking but kind? He was the one who showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."
>> No. 49941
Write-in adjusted for controlled panic, realism, and detail.

[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[X] "I wasn't intending to cause any trouble; I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "...oh.. wait. I actually DID have one, this time..."
[x] "Er, never mind that, sorry. No, I'm not a bad person, though. You wouldn't happen to know people named "Reimu" or "Alice", would you...?"
[x] "...Oh, you do? Yeah, they can vouch for my character."
[x] "Hey, um... Youmu, was it?... Crazy long shot, I know, but do you have an old male relative, long white hair, beard, pensive-looking, but a nice guy? He showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."

...I have no fucking clue how we're going to justify making the connection between Youmu and Youki.

...Well, aside from both being white-haired people with swords that are intimately familiar with the afterlife.

Maybe it could be explained by Nobody making wild, random connections out of sheer panic from being found out AND kicked out not 5 minutes into his new body.
>> No. 49943
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[X] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "And I'm not a bad person. Either Reimu or Alice can vouch for my character."
[x] "Youmu, was it?... do you have old male relative, with long white hair and beard, pensive looking but kind? He was the one who showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."
Bad end here we come!
>> No. 49949
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[x] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "And I'm not a bad person. Either Reimu or Alice can vouch for my character."
[x] "Youmu, was it?... do you have old male relative, with long white hair and beard, pensive looking but kind? He was the one who showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."

We ain't Stutternonymous. We smooth-talked our way out of Raymoo's antipathy, and we can do it here, especially given how subservient Youmu is to her master. And who's to say we didn't catch a glimpse of Youki in the short time we were in Youmu's body?
>> No. 49950
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[x] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "And I'm not a bad person. Either Reimu or Alice can vouch for my character."
[x] "Youmu, was it?... do you have old male relative, with long white hair and beard, pensive looking but kind? He was the one who showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."
>> No. 49958
>>49949
>We ain't Stutternonymous.
What? He didn't stutter.
>> No. 49962
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[x] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "And I'm not a bad person. Either Reimu or Alice can vouch for my character."

gleb
>> No. 49988
[x] "Youmu, was it?... do you have old male relative, with long white hair and beard, pensive looking but kind? He was the one who showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."

Youmu Route Completion: 50%
>> No. 50001
[α] I guess I should have picked the indigo card.
>> No. 50023
>>50001
But "indigo" would be Ran, and Yukari would also see through us in an instant.
>> No. 50032
Shit, are we possessing Myon?

Ha ha oh wow.
>> No. 50033
>>50032
No, we possesed Youmu, got kicked out of her by Yuyuko, and are currently explaining ourselves after being given a temporary shape, also by Yuyuko.
>> No. 50096
So, I figure my general 'schedule' will be to write a new update every couple of hours throughout the week, breaking only on Sunday. I'll try to maintain this from now on, giving a steady stream of updates.

Also, update impending.
>> No. 50097
>>50096

Kinda late, but go ahead, 'leat we can get some votes in.
>> No. 50099
>>50097

Damn, typos. 'least*
>> No. 50105
>update impending

inb4 wall or lies
>> No. 50110
[x] "I'm sorry, this was all a big misunderstanding."
[x] "I don't want any trouble, I don't have much choice in this."
[x] "And I'm not a bad person. Either Reimu or Alice can vouch for my character."
[x] "Youmu, was it?... do you have old male relative, with long white hair and beard, pensive looking but kind? He was the one who showed me the road between Higan's borders and Gensokyo."

"Look, this is a bit of a misunderstanding!" you blurt, trying to cover your tail. "I'm not trying to cause trouble or anything like that, I don't really have much say in these things actually."

Yuyuko's expression doesn't change, she keeps the same slightly surprised expression she's had for a while now, hugging the floating blob to her chest despite it's squirming. Youmu's also looking a little uncomfortable herself, a slight blush in her cheeks.

"I-I get these dreams, and something happens, I see or do something, and I wake up in a new body. This time it was a card, I was supposed to choose from the five presented, but I decided to go against it and took one from the deck. I pulled a green card."

"Ooh~" Yuyuko gasps, leaning forward to tap Youmu on the shoulder. "Youmu, green!" she says, rather curiously. "You think he means this green?" she says, pulling at the edge of Youmu's green vest, much to the younger girls exasperation.

"Yes, Lady Yuyuko, one and the same I'd reckon." Youmu says, taking a deep breath.

"Anyway," you continue. "I'm not a bad person, I just want to help people. This might be a stretch, but would you happen to know Alice? Or Reimu?" you ask. Yuyuko immediately releases the blob and claps her hands.

"Ah! You mean those two?" she says as two smaller blobs appear from behind her and in a puff of smoke, recreate their heads rather poorly, in some kind of bizarre down's syndrome like state. Despite the oddity, you nod as the misshapen heads vanish in another puff.

"Yes, them. They could tell you about me if you asked them. I'm sure Alice would tell you just how good I am, and Reimu could probably say much of the same."

Youmu looks like she calms down a little as you talk, despite the fact Yuyuko has floated over and folder her arms on top of Youmu's head, resting her chin on her wrists.

"Sounds like you're been around for a while then," Yuyuko exclaims. "How come we've never met you?"

"Well, I don't really know. Probably because I ran from the underworld..." you say, not really thinking about what you're admitting. Youmu stiffens a little and Yuyuko gasps, planting her hands on Youmu's head and pushing herself up, while pushing Youmu down. Does Yuyuko even think about what she's doing?

"You ran away? What a brave soul~" Yuyuko gushes, floating down beside Youmu. She doesn't actually touch the ground however, you notice. "That would make you a fugitive wouldn't it? An escapee from the cycle of life and death. Those Higan ladies must be very cross with you I imagine." Yuyuko says, pulling a fan from the sleeve of her kimono and opening it, fanning herself slightly.

"We should return him." Youmu says, looking up at Yuyuko, who swiftly closes the fan and raps Youmu right on the forehead, causing Youmu to yelp slightly.

"How rude! He's here now, we should treat him as a guest and let him enjoy his time before he wanders off again." she says, turning to smile at you. "Wouldn't you agree?"

"Yes, of course!" you exclaim, not one to turn down free hospitality, especially if it indicates there will be no forced expulsions. "I'm sure I can be out of your hair as soon as possible."

Yuyuko smiles and floats backwards, folding her fan up as she holds up the sword she's been hanging on to the entire time, looking at it closely. Youmu seems to catch on she hasn't retrieved her sword, and turns to retrieve it, and that's when you notice the pattern on the sheath, a petal looking design near the top. You wonder where it was you saw that before when you remember the old man you ran into in the underworld. Is there some kind of connection? You also recall a blob-like form nearby him as well. Could it be?

"Uh, Youmu...? Your father..." you start, causing Youmu to freeze and turn quickly. "He wouldn't happen to have the same pattern on his sheath, would he? I think I saw someone like that."

Yuyuko, for once, looks like she stiffens up, a look of concern coming to her face. Youmu's mouth drops open, a clear look of shock on her face. After a few seconds, you notice tears welling in her eyes, and her expression quickly changes to the most ferocious rage you could imagine.

"Saying such things to tease me!" she shouts, suddenly standing in front of you. Her hand rips up to your collar, grabbing you tight and wrenching you forward. "I'll destroy you!" she screams as you feel something hit your feet. You fall forward as Youmu yanks down, throwing you at the floor, catching only a momentary glimpse of Youmu taking her sword forcefully from Yuyuko, much to her surprise. You just barely have enough time to react.

[] Fall, roll left.
[] Fall, roll right.
[] Float right
[] Float left
[] Float backwards

Maybe not a wall, but something at least.
>> No. 50111
>>50110

Float through the floor. Go underground.
>> No. 50113
{X} Float through the floor. Go underground.
Goast hijinks.
>> No. 50114
[] Fall, roll right.

I have a feeling since she hasn't yet drawn her sword that the first slash will either come from the top right (a diagonal slash down) after her draw or from the bottom left as a draw-slash. So then ducking first to avoid a draw-slash then going right to try to get out of the way of her slash would be best.
>> No. 50117
[x] Float forwards.
[x] Charge!

We plow into Youmu, who plows into Yuyuko, who hopefully disarms her. Never see it coming.
>> No. 50118
[x] Fall, roll right.

If Youmu can grab our collar, I'm not sure we can phase through the floor too easily. Especially in a place built for ghosts.
>> No. 50119
[X] Float through the floor. Go underground.
Because you're a headcrab goast!
>> No. 50120
[X] Fall, roll right.

Damn it! Not as planned!
>> No. 50121
[X] Float through the floor. Go underground.
>> No. 50122
Can we combine them?
>[X] Fall, roll right. Try to phase through the floor as you reach it.
>> No. 50123
>>50122
Agreed, GATTAI DA!
[X] Fall, roll right. Try to phase through the floor as you reach it.
>> No. 50124
FFFFFFFFFF and we were doing so good.

I dunno what to vote, gonna sleep and see where this ends up.
>> No. 50125
[X] Fall, roll right. Try to phase through the floor as you reach it.

Fuuuuuuck. If we eventually do get total concealment from the walls, we have to give Youmu a lecture on the dubious honor of attacking unarmed men without warning.
>> No. 50126
[x] Choose her thumb.
>> No. 50129
[x] Fall, roll right. Try to phase through the floor as you reach it.

You allow yourself to fall, and as soon as you hit the ground, you begin to roll to the right. A thought comes to you to try to float thorugh the ground, but all attempts are futile as you roll to the side, Youmu's blade biting into the floor and getting stuck. She groans with frustration as she tugs and wrenches the blade while you push yourself up, getting to your feet. You prepare to run or do something at least as Youmu pulls the blade from the floor and prepares to run at you, but Yuyuko flops ontop of Youmu and wraps her arms around her.

"Now now Youmu," she coos, rapping Youmu's leading hand with her fan. It didn't look very hard, but the impact sends Youmu's hand downwards hard, the blade impacting the ground again and jarring it loose. Youmu releases her other hand and brings them both up to Yuyuko's arms, seeming to struggle for a few moments before giving up as tears stream from her eyes. She turns around and buries her face in Yuyuko's chest, starting to sob hard while Yuyuko gesntly holds her head and strokes her hair.

"There, there." she says gently, eyes closed as Youmu cries into her. You can only watch as Youmu slowly settles down and backs away.

"Feeling better now?" Yuyuko asks, patting Youmu's head. Youmu kneels and picks up her dropped sword, sheathing it without ever turning around and leaves the room, Yuyuko floating aside to let her past. Once Youmu's gone, Yuyuko floats over to you.

"I'm sure you didn't intend to spark that kind of reaction." she says, looking a little sad.

[] "What did I say wrong?"
[] "I had no idea she would react like that."
[] "Is she always that hot-headed?"
>> No. 50130
[] "What did I say wrong?"
>> No. 50131
[x] "I had no idea she would react like that."
>> No. 50135
[X] "I had no idea she would react like that."
>> No. 50136
>"I'm sure you didn't intend to spark that kind of reaction." she says, looking a little sad.

[x] "Well, I had expected a countenance more like that of her father; I suppose it's my fault for making such assumptions."
>> No. 50138
[x] "Will she be alright? It looked like whatever I said hurt her grievously. Should you really leave her alone? I could brew a pot of tea while you comfort her--or would it be better for her if I just made tracks?"

tendan & befriendan gaems
>> No. 50141
[x] "What did I say wrong?"
>> No. 50142
[] "What did I say wrong?"
>> No. 50144
[x] The calm genes skipped a generation, didn't they?
>> No. 50156
[x] The calm genes skipped a generation, didn't they?

Glub glub!
>> No. 50172
[x] "Will she be alright? It looked like whatever I said hurt her grievously. Should you really leave her alone? I could brew a pot of tea while you comfort her--or would it be better for her if I just made tracks?"
Friendly option is friendly.
>> No. 50173
[x] "Will she be alright? It looked like whatever I said hurt her grievously. Should you really leave her alone? I could brew a pot of tea while you comfort her--or would it be better for her if I just made tracks?"
>> No. 50174
{X} "Will she be alright? It looked like whatever I said hurt her grievously. Should you really leave her alone? I could brew a pot of tea while you comfort her--or would it be better for her if I just made tracks?"
>> No. 50186
[x] "Will she be alright? It looked like whatever I said hurt her grievously. Should you really leave her alone? I could brew a pot of tea while you comfort her--or would it be better for her if I just made tracks?"
>> No. 50206
[+] "What did I say wrong?"
>> No. 50223
[x] "Will she be alright? It looked like whatever I said hurt her grievously. Should you really leave her alone? I could brew a pot of tea while you comfort her--or would it be better for her if I just made tracks?"

"Oh, she'll be fine," Yuyuko says, suddenly changing her tone to a dismissive one. Does this woman ever stick with one emotion for long? "She just needs some time to cool her head. Her father is a very sensitive topic for her. Even I can't bring him up without upsetting her anymore."

"What happened?" you ask, but Yuyuko only wags a finger in your face.

"Come now, it's improper to talk behind someone's back and spread heresay. That's something you'd be better off asking her yourself." she says. You wonder if she's all there, Youmu just attacked you for making an insinuation of seeing him. Asking her about him would kill you for sure. Actually, come to think of it...

"Can she really hurt me with her swords?" you ask, slightly uncomfortable with the idea of it.

"Of course. Had she landed a blow on you, you'd be destroyed for sure. Her longer sword has the power to kill spirits." Yuyuko says, rather calmly. You feel even more uneasy now, she can actually kill ghosts. That doesn't strike you as very good. "Her shorter one though wouldn't be much good against you though." Yuyuko adds.

"Well, I see."

"So!" Yuyuko chirps, clapping her hands together, despite the fact her sleeves are currently hanging over her hands. "You said something about making me tea?" she says, cocking her head and batting her eyelashes. Well, at least she got it partially right.

[] "Uh, yeah. Just let me... uh, where's the kitchen?"
[] "Well, I only offered to make tea if we were tending to Youmu."
[] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."
>> No. 50224
>>"You said something about making me tea?" she says, cocking her head and batting her eyelashes.
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE
[x] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."
>> No. 50225
[x] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."


Gensokyo runs on tea.
>> No. 50228
[] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."
>> No. 50230
[x] "Uh, yeah. Just let me... uh, where's the kitchen?"

Because even NoBody will be fazed after an encounter like this.
>> No. 50231
[] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."
>> No. 50234
[X] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."
>> No. 50236
[X] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."

Real ghosts drink tea.
>> No. 50238
[] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."
>> No. 50240
[X] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."
>> No. 50257
[x] "Of course, just point me in the right direction and I'll start."

"Wonderful!" Yuyuko exclaims, floating around you. "Let's go out this way, it's quicker." she says, floating across the room to the other side, opening a door as she reaches it. You follow as you reach the door and she floats off outside. You step out after her, into a deck that borders a alrge rock garden. You follow Yuyuko along, until she leads you to another door on one side of the garden and allows you to open the door.

Inside is a fairly large kitchen, filled with a great deal of utensils and packages in a neat order. It looks more like a professional kitchen than something you would find in a house, and you find yourself a staring until Yuyuko gives you a nudge.

"You alive?" she asks before giggling. "Actually I guess not."

Even if it was a stupid joke, you can't help but smirk a bit, your attention being drawn from the kitchen. You step in, taking a look around. Yuyuko couchs slightly, causing you to looks at her. You notice she's making a vague gesture, and you follow it to see a medium sized jar sitting on the counter. That must be what you're looking for. Opening it, however, you find that it contains a variety of some kind of leaves. Oh boy, from scratch then.

Write-in Time! Brew that tea!
>> No. 50261
>>50257
Do it like you're making coffee. Just replace the coffee with crushed tea leaves. They have to have a coffee maker.
>> No. 50265
[ ] Boil Water, then let it cool for a min
[ ] Put tea leaves the tea leaves in the pot (errr... how big is the pot? should be 1/40 ratio of tealeaves to water)
[ ] Wait 5 mins
[ ] Strain while serving
>> No. 50272
[ ] Boil Water, then let it cool for a min
[ ] Put tea leaves the tea leaves in the pot
[ ] Wait 5 mins
[ ] Strain while serving

Works for me.
>> No. 50274
>Put tea leaves the tea leaves in the pot

whut

[x] Boil Water, then let it cool for a min
[x] Put the tea leaves in the pot
[x] Wait 5 mins
[x] Strain while serving
>> No. 50275
[x] Boil Water, then let it cool for a min
[x] Put the tea leaves in the pot
[x] Wait 5 mins
[x] Strain while serving
>> No. 50278
>>50257

Now did you do this because you actually wanted to make sure we wouldn't make damn fools of ourselves, or because you don't know how to brew tea yourself?
>> No. 50294
>>50278

In thinking about it, I realized that the 'correct' options would be exceedingly clear, and if I broke it down into multiple choices between multiple categories, I would have a mess of options, which would mean a load of votes for mixed options.

I opted for a write in because it lets someone else provide the obvious answer for everyone to bandwagon. I admit though, I did have to research correct methods for brewing teas before I wrote, so I would at least know if someone was on the right track. I didn't actually expect someone to know very specific information though.
>> No. 50298
[x] Boil Water, then let it cool for a min
[x] Put the tea leaves in the pot
[x] Wait 5 mins
[x] Strain while serving
[x] Chat while you are doing so:
- [x] "I don't know how well it'll taste. I'm more of a coffee person myself."
- [x] "About that sword earlier, what does it mean to 'kill' a ghost?"
>> No. 50305
what does no one make their own tea?

I'm addicted to jasmine and green tea
>> No. 50323
I still say to use a coffee maker.
>> No. 50332
[x] Unleash the power of Gig.
>> No. 50345
File 121669623043.jpg - (250.50KB , 600x960 , gig.jpg ) [iqdb]
50345
>>50332

You sure you want to do that?
>> No. 50412
>>50345

back to work
>> No. 50418
>>50345
Yes.

Gig would make EXCELLENT TEA. You know it, EZMode. Search your heart.
>> No. 50426
[x] Boil Water, then let it cool for a min
[x] Put the tea leaves in the pot
[x] Wait 5 mins
[x] Strain while serving
[x] Chat while you are doing so:
- [x] "I don't know how well it'll taste. I'm more of a coffee person myself."
- [x] "About that sword earlier, what does it mean to 'kill' a ghost?"
- [x] "Would you like cream & sugar? Or am I sweet enough?" Wink.
>> No. 50429
Amateurs at making tea, the lot of you. Going by a timer is sure to get the actual steeping time wrong. You wait until the tea leaves have opened up and the scent of the tea has filled out. Any longer and it's too bitter; sooner, and it's too weak.

Using a timer for the process only works if you're using teabags. Actual leaf tea is less consistent by volume, so you have to go by the visual and olfactory cues instead.
>> No. 50432
>>50429
[x] What he said
>> No. 50433
[x] Bumble about for a few minutes.
[x] "Oh god I don't know how to make fucking tea what am I doing oh goooooood"
[x] Run
>> No. 50450
>>50429
[x] What he said.

Wait, tea doesn't grow in bags?
>> No. 50451
File 121671544167.jpg - (12.21KB , 426x304 , whatthefuckman.jpg ) [iqdb]
50451
>>50450

>Wait, tea doesn't grow in bags?
>> No. 50452
>>50451
I fucking laughed hard.
>> No. 50470
[x] Freak out
[x] OH GOD HOW DO I DO THIS I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE TEA
[x] Anemia option
>> No. 50502
>>50429
[+] What he said
I'm with him. Also, I'm too lazy to type it out.
>> No. 50524
[x] Boil Water, then let it cool for a min
[x] Put the tea leaves in the pot
[x] Wait 5 mins
[x] Strain while serving
[x] Chat while you are doing so:
- [x] "I don't know how well it'll taste. I'm more of a coffee person myself."
- [x] "About that sword earlier, what does it mean to 'kill' a ghost?"
- [x] "Would you like cream & sugar? Or am I sweet enough?" Wink.

First things first, you decide to boil some water. You find the kettle itself easily enough, but when it comes to water, you find yourself a little lost since there are no faucets. Not that you'd really expect to find them, but, well, you wouldn't expect to find a kitchen in the afterlife either. By sheer chance, you happen to lift a section of the counter, searching for some kind of water source, and find a basin filled with water, clean water as well. Good enough, you fill the kettle, wipe it down, then locate the stove. You're surprised to find it's actually a functional gas stove, which is better for you since you don't have to spend more time trying to light a fire.

With the kettle in place for now, you go about finding the other implements, namely a teapot and some cups. You reach up to start opening some of the cupboards above you when you notice a small blob object floating around near a particular cupboard. You head over and open it, the blob floating away. Teapot and cups, excellent, you retrieve them and set them on the counter.

"I'm not sure how well this tea will turn out," you admit, turning around to see Yuyuko eagerly watching you work. "I'm more of a coffee person myself."

"Coffee?" Yuyuko repeats. "What's that?" She doesn't know what coffee is?

"It's a kind of drink as well, it's made from coffee beans." you say.

"Coffee beans..." Yuyuko says thoughtfully. You can almost see her mind wandering. "So, it's sweet?"

"What? No, it's actually really bitter, at least strong coffee is. You can add cream and sugar to it to make it better, though some people like it black." you reply. You find it kind of weird that she doesn't know what coffee is, even though she's a thousand years old by her claims. How does someone live that long but still look so young?

"About that sword of Youmu's," you say, recalling Yuyuko's words. "Kill a ghost? I don't see how that's possible."

"Neither do I," she says, shrugging whimsically. "It's a mysterious power, which is why it's so dangerous. Spirits and ghosts cut simply vanish and cease to be." She looks a little sullen as she speaks, but perks right up again, waving her arm, sleeve dangling over her hand and everything. "But enough about that! The water's almost ready!"

You're about to say something else when the kettle starts to whistle. Damn, she must be used to this. You take the kettle off the stove for now, letting it cool down a little bit You think about the next step, obviously putting the tea leaves and water into the pot. You spend a few second thinking before the information just comes to you in the form of Alice's kitchen. Seems you're still retaining some ingrained memories from Alice, and of those memories are a particular set of measurements, the ratio of tea leaves to water. The water cooled enough, you approximate the general volume of the teapot and add leaves accordingly, pouring the water in on top of them and placing the top back onto the pot. Now to let it steep, or whatever they call it.

"So, what's this place like? It's the afterlife?" you ask, a little curious about where you are.

"The place is called Hakugyokuro, it's a netherworld for the inhabitants of Gensokyo," Yuyuko says, sounding more like a tour guide. "It's a bit of a special case as opposed to the rest of the cycle of death. Souls from Gensokyo and the outside world both come to Higan, which you've already seen." she continues, giving you a smile that insinuates she knows more than she's letting on. "Souls from the outside are judged by a Yama and sent onwards to heaven, down into Hell, or are put back into the cycle of reincarnation if they deserve neither. Souls from Gensokyo have it differently, instead of being put into the cycle of reincarnation, they're sent to the netherworld." Yuyuko pauses for a moment to make a gesture to the room. "Where they are able to 'live' in peace until they attain englightenment or fade away. Even though this is the world of the dead though, you can still find many living people here. The border between worlds was weakened some years ago, and now it's degraded to the point where it's nearly gone. Many visitors from the outside come here to see the garden and enjoy the occasional festival."

Yuyuko finishes her little speech, floating up to an island counter and resting her elbows on it.

"That sounds pretty weird for the afterlife," you say. "Why would people come to visit? To see if they can find lost relatives here? What about this garden as well?"

"The garden is something you need to see yourself," Yuyuko says, folding her arms and resting her head. You notice now that the rest of her body is floating as well, straight out behind her, as if she was laying on something. "I never thought of those other things. I guess I'm getting senile in my old age." she jokes. You can only shake your head at the comment. Old age, yeah right, she barely looks any older than 18.

"Tea's ready." Yuyuko says, calling your attention back to the pot. You see yourself that the leaves have opened up, and you finally notice the scent as well. You take a few seconds to find a strainer, another bit of leftover memories, and proceed to pour two cups, straining the liquid as it pours. You finish the first cup and turn to Yuyuko.

"Do you want any cream or sugar in your tea?" you ask, a sudden flash of inspiration hitting you. You grin. "Or am I sweet enough?" you add with a wink. Yuyuko stares as you, her mouth open into a small 'o'. You're just beginning to feel a little uncomfortable when she starts laughing loudly. You join in with a slight laugh of relief of your own.

"Oh my, you're quite a charmer aren't you?" Yuyuko says as her laughter subsides, gliding over the island. "It's been so long since anyone's made a pass at me like that." she says as the approaches, stopping mere inches away from you. "I could get used to having you around, you seem like a fun kind of spirit." she says, leaning in towards you. She nearly fills your vision, looking at you with her large maroon eyes. You only notice now that she's as close as she is that she's got a rather considerable bust. You feel the urge to do something, but before you even come to a conclusion, Yuyuko moves back, holding the full cup of tea and taking a sip.

"Wo~w!" she cries, looking at you with surprise. "This is good! You must be some kind of professional!" she exclaims, taking another sip.

"Well, you did help a little." you say, letting what just happened out of your mind and thinking back to her cue on the tea. Yuyuko simply waves a finger.

"The measurements are only half of the equation," she says, holding up the cup. "Timing is the other."

You take a moment to pour yourself a cup as well. It occurs to you that you don't even know what kind of tea this is, but it doesn't seem to matter much to Yuyuko at least. You take a sip from your own cup. It really is good, just as she said. Granted, you're no tea expert, but you know a good taste.

"Oh! I nearly forgot!" Yuyuko exclaims. "I didn't even think to ask you your name."

[] "I'm Nobody."
[] "I call myself Nobody."
[] Give her a fake name. [Write-in]
[] Give her your real name [Write-in]
>> No. 50531
[] "I call myself Anonymous."
>> No. 50533
[X] "I'm Nobody."
>> No. 50534
[X] "I call myself Anonymous."
>> No. 50537
[x] "I call myself Anonymous."
>> No. 50538
[] "I call myself Nobody."
>> No. 50539
[] Give her your real name []
[] "I call myself Nobody."
>> No. 50541
[] "I'm Nobody."
>> No. 50544
File 121675866655.jpg - (116.69KB , 485x461 , gilgameshzoom.jpg ) [iqdb]
50544
>[] "I call myself Anonymous."

OH GOD DAN KIM THREAD FLASHBACKS MAKE THEM STOP MAKE THEM STOP MAKE THEM STOP MAKE THEM STOP

[x] "I'm Nobody."
>> No. 50546
[X] "I'm Nobody."
>> No. 50547
[x] "I call myself Anonymous."
>> No. 50549
[X] "I'm Nobody."
>> No. 50550
[x] "Something to call me?"
[x] "How about 'Handsome'?"

Best not to leave a link while we're still using a body...
>> No. 50552
>>50550

But Yuyuko is protecting us while we're here, so yeah!

>[X] "I call myself Anonymous"

I thought the whole reason of adopting the name of Nobody was to avoid using Anonymous. I ain't voting for it.

[X] "I'm Nobody."

Though I wonder if the other Nobody option is better...
>> No. 50553
File 121675923245.jpg - (30.87KB , 455x491 , Dreadnoughtorko.jpg ) [iqdb]
50553
[X] "Dey call meeb 'Stompy'!"
>> No. 50554
[x] "I call myself NoBody."

I have a literalist flair, what can I say?
>> No. 50555
[X] "I'm Nobody."
>> No. 50556
>>50552
>But Yuyuko is protecting us while we're here, so yeah!

It's fine for her to know, but people who are looking for us for some reason visiting might attract some attention from Komachi. Granted Yuyuko probably does have complete jurisdiction over Hakugyokuro, that's a bit of a rude position to put your host in.
>> No. 50560
[X] "I'm Nobody."

Yuyuko blinks in confusion, then her eyes light up.

"Ah! I get it! 'No Body!'" she exclaims excitedly, clapping her free hand gently against the exposed wrist of her cup hand. "That's clever! It would be troublesome to call you that though," she says, taking a sip from the cup. "Hmm, how about I come up with something to call you?"

You take a sip of your own tea, shrugging.

"Then... How about Yuutaro?"

"Yuutaro?"

Yuyuko nods.

"Yuutaro, because you're a male ghost!" Yuyuko states with enthusiasm beyond what you would expect for the situation. You give Yuyuko a bit of a doubtful look.

"I don't know." you say, not really liking the sound of 'Yuutaro'.

"Oh! Then how about Kenshiro?" she asks. A somewhat normal sounding name.

"Why Kenshiro?"

"Because you are already dead."

The expression on Yuyuko's face seems to indicate she made a joke and she's waiting for a reaction. All you can manage though is a confused look.

"I don't get it."

"O~h, nuts." Yuyuko pouts, taking another sip of her tea. "I never had to name a ghost before."

[] Give her a fake name. [Write In]
[] Give her your real name. [Write In]
[] Wait for her to come up with something
>> No. 50561
[x] "I'm Nobody."
>> No. 50563
>"Why Kenshiro?"
>"Because you are already dead."

Oh wow.

[x] "Kenshiro is fine for now."
>> No. 50564
[x] "Kenshiro is fine for now."

Movin' on.
>> No. 50565
>>50560

[x] "How about Yusuke?"

Always did like Yu Yu Hakusho.
>> No. 50567
File 121676108011.jpg - (125.48KB , 500x508 , KenshiroValentine.jpg ) [iqdb]
50567
[x] "Kenshiro is fine for now."

Nobody DOESN'T know about Fist of the North Star? What the hell.
>> No. 50568
I lol'd. Hard.

[x] "Kenshiro is fine for now."
>> No. 50570
>>50561
Gah, slowpoke'd

[x] "Kenshiro is fine for now."
>> No. 50571
New threading then with next update.
>> No. 50573
Wtf EZMode, do we really need to change names?
>> No. 50574
>>50573
>Wtf EZMode, do we really need to change names?

hurr

>"That's clever! It would be troublesome to call you that though,"

This is him trying to tip you off that he's looking for a more dialogue adaptable name than a literalist joke, because Yuyuko will be addressing you alot.
>> No. 50596
ಠ_ಠ

[x] "I'm Nobody."
>> No. 50607
I'm suddenly feeling like total shit. No more updates for now.
>> No. 50631
[x] "Kenshiro is fine for now."

I actually liked Yuutaro a bit, but then she added the Kenshiro bit and now I'm sold to this.
>> No. 50654
[X]Suggest a name she can call you by. [X]Weeaboo