[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121571493012.jpg - (111.46KB , 503x537 , Keine-plus.jpg ) [iqdb]
47806 No. 47806
Leaving the kitchen you make your way through the hall and upstairs. Letty must have had quite the scare in the store when that idiot of a staff-member had apparently turned a heater on full blast at her. Come to think of it, Letty had obviously reacted rather violently... That didn't quite fit with what you knew about her becoming sleepy and sluggish when it got warm at all. Did something else, something worse, happen if she got too hot?

What, exactly, was Letty? Hell, what was everyone else for that matter? Meiling was too strong to be human... but both Keine and Marisa could do magic, yet when you had mentioned suspicions of them being youkai you had been laughed at. Komachi was about the only person you could actually place as she had freely admitted to being a shinigami. You shudder slightly at that, the idea of actually having a god of death living in your home is a little... incredible? Scary too, especially when you consider her earlier actions at terrifying the bystanders.

As you think about this you realize that aside from the term 'Youkai' you don't actually know much about what a Youkai is apart from your, evidently incorrect, assumption that they were ten foot tall man eating monsters. Were all youkai the same? Were there different kinds of youkai? You remembered the monsters your grandfather had told you about in ancient bedtime stories and wonder how many, if any, of those were actually real?

You laugh quietly, Keine's words yesterday were more true than you had thought. A few days ago you didn't even know youkai existed, now you were wondering which of the terrifying monsters from your childhood were real. Worse, you realize, what if you didn't even know of such monsters but they were still real? Was that, as Keine had hinted at, the real horror of admitting magic existed? A person who didn't know such things could go through life blissfully ignorant, sure they may die from something they didn't know existed, but that was better than going through life afraid of everything wasn't it? It was... kind of like science actually. People could die from poisoning, gases, chemicals or anything else at any time, but it wasn't until people knew of the existence of such possibilities that people began to worry and be afraid of them. This was just... a similar thing.

Only these horrors were being discovered in a few weeks as opposed to being discovered over several years. Some shock was definitely to be expected.

>> No. 47807
File 121571496687.jpg - (77.51KB , 540x600 , Letty-Letty.jpg ) [iqdb]
47807
Sighing you blink in surprise at the door to Letty's room. It seems you were so deep in thought you didn't even noticed you had arrived. For a moment you consider the door, plain, dull, unidentified. Maybe you should see about making or buying some name plates for the girls doors? You were pretty sure you had some old arts and crafts stuff up in the storage room, though you haven't used any of it in a long while. Gently you knock on the door, only to have it open and you be met with Keine's slightly annoyed expression.

“What?” She asks as you realize that she must have been checking up on Letty too.

“Nothing,” you say, “Just wanted to, you know, check on how miss Letty is doing.”

Keine looks at you for a few seconds then nods. “She's doing fine as far as I can tell, she's sleeping again but if you want you can keep an eye on her until she wakes up.” She frowns slightly, “It would probably be best to keep an eye on her actually, just to be sure.” Sighing she steps out of Letty's room and lets you inside. “I don't really know enough about Letty to help her much, she was awake in the 'car' but she did not seem too... coherent? Please, try and speak with her when she wakes.”

You nod and watch as Keine leaves down the hallway before you shut the door to Letty's room and move to sit down on a chair next to the lavender-haired woman's bed. For a moment you frown as the lack of bed covers but then you sigh and smirk to yourself, bed covers would have probably made things worse by warming her up after all.


You sit like that for several minutes, almost dozing off yourself before Letty suddenly wakes and looks around in surprise. Your yourself almost fall off your chair at the sudden awakening but you quickly recover and check the woman over.

“Miss Letty?” You ask, causing her to look at you curiously. “Are you alright?”

“Alright?” She replies, blinking in confusion. “Alright... yes... yes I am but...” She frowns, “How did I end up back here?”

“You're back home Miss Letty, we brought you back after... whatever happened in the supermarket.” You laugh nervously, “Well, after you had been put in a freezer for a little bit anyway.”

“Oh! Oh... yes... that's right,” Letty mumbles, “I was looking at those 'air conditioners' when that horrible man in red made them hot...” She shudders, “So very hot, and so close!”

“Miss Letty?” You gently reach out to push her back onto her bed. “It's okay now, you're back in your nice cold room, so you can just take it easy, okay?”

“Hn,” She smirks and looks up at you, “Well, if I'm going to be looked over by such a handsome doctor I guess I should make the most of it.” You feel your face flush at her compliment even as you pull away from her in a mixture of surprise and embarrassment - which only seems to make Letty more amused. “This is nice,” she says, “It's been a long while since I was last able to tease a man into turning bright red like this. A samurai I believe he was... pity really...”

Calming down you try to regain you composure slightly and give Letty an odd look as she seems to drop into reminiscing.

“That was a long time ago,” she whispers, “It happens now and then, some poor soul gets lost in the snow and the mountains... The few lucky ones run into me, and I usually give them some comfort and try to get them to safety but...” She sighs, “He was a nice man, a little prudish but nice. I heard he settled down with a wife and had a child a few seasons later. It was bit stupid of him to try for that princess too though, but he was something of a romantic - I expect he was probably in it more for the challenge than anything else. I never did hear what happened to him after that...”

Suddenly Letty seems to remember that you're in the room and laughs lightly, “Oh,” she says, “Look at me, thinking about the past when I should be thinking about the now. Still, it's an affection many residents of Gensokyo have - aside from Marisa and Cirno I suppose, I do envy their ability to live solely for the present sometimes.”

“Miss Letty...” You whisper, sitting back down onto your chair at her side. “How old are... no, that would be rude of me to ask, i'm sorry.”

“Oooh,” Letty smirks, “Curious, but a gentleman I see. And you're right, it would be rude to ask a lady her age after all. Besides, I do rather think you wouldn't believe me even if I did tell you.”

“How could I?” You say, “You hardly look any older than I do. Neither does Miss Meiling, Miss Komachi or Miss Keine... and Marisa looks even younger.” You sigh and look down, “yesterday I didn't understand anything, today? Today I understand how little I understand.”

“Good.” Letty states, her voice firm. “That's the first step to understanding, to admit you don't understand. Now mister handsome doctor,” You blush as she smirks, “what is it you don't understand right now?”

You look at her for a few moments, then up at the ceiling as you think. “I don't understand...” you begin, “Well... I don't understand what you are.” you say at last, “I'm pretty certain you're not a human, but you're not like any of the others and I know Miss Komachi is a shinigami, and i'm pretty certain that one of them is a Youkai too... But you?” You look back down at the lavender-haired woman, who has twisted around to lounge on her side. “I don't know what you are, and I know it sounds rude but... I guess that's what I don't understand right now. You love the cold, but the heat affects you badly.”

“So,” the woman asks, “what would you guess I could be?”

You frown and take a breath, “If I had to guess,” you say, “I would say a Yuki-Onna, but you don't match up to the legends my grandfather told me about them.”

“Really? Well, even legends end up twisted over the course of time.” Letty smiles mysteriously at you, “Still, to think they talk about me even now in the outside world? That is rather amusing I must say.”

You begin to nod, then pause in horror. “You... You really are a Yuki-Onna!?” you exclaim, then your eyes widen, “But the legends have been around since... since...”

“Since I was careless enough to let myself get spotted by a woodsman, I know.” Letty shrugs, a movement which makes various other, more interesting, parts of her move too - not that you pay much attention given your current state of bemusement. “He wasn't too bad a man I suppose, much less refined than men of today but still a pleasant person to speak with.” Letty explains, “I've heard my legends too you know and I can tell you now that most of them are somewhat... exaggerated.”


[ ] They say Yuki-Onna kill people.
[ ] I heard Yuki-Onna are very jealous
[ ] So you don't go around naked in the snow?
[ ] Exaggerated how?
>> No. 47809
[X] They say Yuki-Onna kill people.
>> No. 47810
[ ] So you don't go around naked in the snow?

Hahaha
>> No. 47811
{X} I heard Yuki-Onna are very jealous.
Everyone's stealing her little Cirno~
>> No. 47812
[x] Exaggerated how?

Lonely Yuki-Onna.
>> No. 47813
[x] I heard Yuki-Onna are very jealous
[x] Exaggerated how?
>> No. 47815
[ ] I heard Yuki-Onna are very jealous

[ ] Exaggerated how?
>> No. 47816
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
>> No. 47817
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
>> No. 47818
>>47811
We already know the answer to that, then. And we should probably wait to ask about anyone killing/eating humans until we start asking about youkai in general.
>> No. 47819
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

This looks a lot better than anything.
>> No. 47820
[ ] So you don't go around naked in the snow?

shirou.jpg
>> No. 47821
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

PERFECT
>> No. 47822
[ ] Exaggerated how?
>> No. 47823
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

This write-in. It was made for me.
>> No. 47824
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
>> No. 47826
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

Changing my vote to ride the bandwagon.
>> No. 47827
[z] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

Legend disregardin gaems.
>> No. 47829
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
>> No. 47831
>>47807

[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

Gold
>> No. 47832
[] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
>> No. 47833
[] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
>> No. 47836
Finally done reading. (On to the next CYOA!)

Just thought I'd mention, in reference to talk in the last thread, that either the Self-Defense Force has turned into a much more robust military by this point in the future, or the Japanese government is working in conjunction with the American military stationed nearby in regards to security. I find the latter possibility more likely.
>> No. 47837
>[ ] They say Yuki-Onna kill people.
"I haven't eaten a man in years."

>[ ] I heard Yuki-Onna are very jealous
It seems she actually is jealous about Cirno, so this would be a bad choice.

>[ ] So you don't go around naked in the snow?
lol

>[ ] Exaggerated how?
Good, but


[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
is much better.
>> No. 47840
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
[X] So you don't go around naked in the snow?

You know you want to ask that Anon.
>> No. 47841
>>47840

We can ask her later. When we melt her ice cold center.
>> No. 47842
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

Oh you romantic son of a bitch.
>> No. 47843
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
[X] So you don't go around naked in the snow?
>> No. 47844
File 121572495845.jpg - (70.61KB , 550x550 , youkiyoumu.jpg ) [iqdb]
47844
>“It's been a long while since I was last able to tease a man into turning bright red like this. A samurai I believe he was... pity really...”

Oh God.... OH GOD!! I don't know whether to be horrified or yell "FUCK YEAH, LETTY/YOUKI!"

[X] So you don't go around naked in the snow?
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

I don't care how silly it is. I really want to know if Letty streaks in a blizzard!
>> No. 47845
>>47844

It's not as much silly as it is stupid.
>> No. 47846
[x] "Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock. I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."
>> No. 47847
>>47844

Huh, I guessed it was Mokou's Dad.

>It was bit stupid of him to try for that princess too though, but he was something of a romantic
>> No. 47848
>>47847
True, but wasn't Yuyuko consider a princess as well? But then again, Mokou may have picked up her naturalist skills from her ronin father.

All I can say is, nicely done, AD.
>> No. 47852
>>47847
Mokou's dad was far from the only guy who tried (and failed) to win over Kaguya.

Besides that, according to her profile her father was an aristocrat.
>> No. 47855
>>47852

I was assuming Samurai families were also Aristocrats. Let me guess, they were completely different classes?
>> No. 47858
>>47855

1200 years ago, it was very uncommon for a samurai to be an aristocrat; they were little more than retainers.
>> No. 47859
>>47858

Ah, I see. I've learned something new today.
>> No. 47862
>>47833
Adding to my vote:
[] "So you don't go around naked in the snow?"
>> No. 47864
[ze] So you don't go around naked in the snow?

Enough of the romantic bullshit, guise
>> No. 47867
>>“He was a nice man, a little prudish but nice. I heard he settled down with a wife and had a child a few seasons later. It was bit stupid of him to try for that princess too though, but he was something of a romantic - I expect he was probably in it more for the challenge than anything else. I never did hear what happened to him after that...”

Is that some Mokou backstory I see there?
>> No. 47869
>>47858
I point out that he was a Samurai when Letty met him, it's possible he rose to an aristocratic rank between then and Mokou's birth.

(At least i hope it's possible, otherwise i fucked up)
>> No. 47870
>>47869

Back, nigger, etc.
>> No. 47882
>>47869
You heard it from the horse's mouth. Mokou's pops it is.
>> No. 47888
"Legends are just that, Miss Whiterock.” You say, pulling yourself up and looking rather imperious. “I'd rather get to know the real lady in front of me."

“Well now,” Letty murmurs, “I was so sure you were going to ask me about the naked thing...” She smiles and pulls herself up to sit on the edge of her bed. “It's rare to find a man who doesn't have that little thought on his mind when he thinks of those legends, but my, you are a gentleman aren't you?”

You shrug, unsure of what to say as Letty reaches forward and gently pinches your cheek. Her fingers are cold, like ice almost, and her touch makes you flush again.

“Keep hold of that attitude and you'll soon find a lady who'll stay with you forever.” She says, “Girls may go for the samurai, the bandit or the ronin, but a proper lady will go for the man who treats her properly every time.” She sighs and looks at you, “Still, knowing the real me may be just as bad as some of the legends and I don't want to scare you... yet.”

You laugh nervously and wave her concerns away, “You're too kind to be scary Miss Letty,” you say, causing her to beam at you.

“Oh, I wasn't always like this.” she says, “I wasn't a very nice person at all for a long part of my life - I am the Yuki-Onna after all and any legend has to have some basis in fact.” She frowns then, “Of course some of those facts are spread by my copies... which is irritating to say the least.”

“Copies?” You ask, “I don't get it.”

Letty sighs and looks at you. “Of course you wouldn't, you don't really have a grasp on what belief is to Youkai yet. In simple terms though, the more my legends were believed - even if they were incorrect - the more lesser youkai came into existence which fitted those legends.”

“That makes no -” You pause and shake your head in despair, “... magic, right?”

“More or less, it's much more complicated than that, more than I understand at least.” Replies the lavender-haired woman. “But those monsters were born based on belief of legends about things I have done, so I do feel a certain... responsibility for getting rid of them.” She shrugs, “It's what I spend most of my time awake in winter doing, I have enough trouble from the villagers without those things stirring it up even more.”

“What... kind of trouble?” You ask, wondering what Gensokyo was like exactly. “I don't really know anything about Gensokyo itself at all...”

“Well, you should ask Miss Keine about that as she lives in the village, so she should at least have a passing knowledge of pretty much everyone who visits there - which is almost everyone, it is the only village after all.” Letty sighs, “The humans are too easily influenced by fear and stories, they often believe that I am the one causing blizzards and snowstorms so occasionally they send people out to 'defeat me'.” Seeing your shocked look at her statement, the woman laughs lightly. “Oh, don't worry - there's not much they can do to me in winter that I won't bounce back from after a day or so. I usually let them get a few licks in then fake my own defeat, after that I'll just be careful to avoid the village until next year.”

Letty yawns then and gives you a look. “I think perhaps a little more sleep won't do me any harm, though I would ask that you leave.” She gives you a sly look, complete with smirk, “Unless you happen to enjoy watching women sleep, I don't think there will be much to keep your interest... Though you could always try touching if you're that desperate.” She smirks more as you go red again and laughs. “No, I wouldn't advise doing so either.” She says, “wake me up for dinner perhaps?”

You nod frantically and back out of the room, your face hot and red. Pulling the door shut you slump against the wall and wait several moments to calm down before you make your way back downstairs - just in time to hear the rumbling of an engine outside. Moving to the front door you peek out of a window to see Renko, driving a small black car into a space near your own. Opening the door you lean out, “You're early!” you yell, causing the girl to start suddenly and smack her head on the door frame of her car as she got out. You try not to snicker as she curses and glares at you.

“I shut early!” She yells back, her voice sounding annoyed, even as she rubs at the bump on her head. “Like I was going to waste any time with something this big happening here!” She stomps up to you and pokes you roughly in the chest. “And I had to deal with some freakish soldier types further up the road! What's with them anyway?”

“They're here to keep people out.” You say, “You're lucky I told them you would be coming when I came back myself, I think they have orders to shoot people who try to break in...”

Renko pales but shakes her head frantically to clear it. “So,” she begins, “I got all the stuff you bought... now, you said something about dinner?”

You sigh, you haven't even thought about that yet as you had not expected her to show up for another hour or two at least! “Haven't even started it,” you say.


[ ] “I was going to see if Keine would help cook.”
[ ] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
[ ] “I had planned to ask Meiling to help me.”
[ ] “If you're that hungry, do you want to help me make it?”
>> No. 47890
[ ] “If you're that hungry, do you want to help me make it?”
>> No. 47894
[ ] “I was going to see if Keine would help cook.”
[ ] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
[ ] “I had planned to ask Meiling to help me.”
[ ] “If you're that hungry, do you want to help me make it?”

FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
>> No. 47895
[X] “I was going to see if Keine would help cook.”

It would probably be easy to teach Keine to cook.
>> No. 47896
[ ] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”

Better get her on our side stat, it'll make things easier.
>> No. 47897
[ ] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
>> No. 47903
HINT: Each girl comes with a recipe you, anon, can learn! (IE: i'll post the recipe up after for whatever they make, like i did with Marisa's Mushroom Soup)
>> No. 47908
[X] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
>> No. 47909
[X] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”

I'm curious to see would come up with. I'd expect a microwave to be involved somehow, but I don't think she's been introduced to that just yet.
>> No. 47910
[X] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”

We should teach Meiling and Keine about electricity.
>> No. 47911
>>47903
Well in that case, I'm starving.

[x] “I was going to see if Keine would help cook.”
[x] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
[x] “I had planned to ask Meiling to help me.”
[x] “If you're that hungry, do you want to help me make it?”
>> No. 47912
[z] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
>> No. 47916
[ ] “I was going to see if Keine would help cook.”
[ ] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
[ ] “I had planned to ask Meiling to help me.”
[] “If you're that hungry, do you want to help me make it?”

Just teach everybody how to cook. It will be much faster/better than to teach each of them individualy.
>> No. 47918
>>47903
Interesting.

Well, we can obviously expect a Chinese recipe from Meiling, so there wouldn't be anything of particular intrigue to Renko. Marisa's out. Letty's sleeping. That leaves Keine and Komachi.

[+] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
Keine can wait her turn.
>> No. 47919
[x] “I had planned to ask Meiling to help me.”
>> No. 47920
[X] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”

WE REQUIRE MORE PY- I MEAN KOMACHI POINTS
>> No. 47933
[ ] “I was going to see if Keine would help cook.”

Well, Komachi won anyway...
>> No. 47935
[ ] “I was going to see if Keine would help cook.”

Are you kidding me? Getting Komachi to help would earn us negative points, she's lazy you know.
>> No. 47946
File 121575262829.jpg - (57.54KB , 400x566 , 118141512331986.jpg ) [iqdb]
47946
>>47935
Lazy most of the time, sure, but she's all business when it really matters. Besides, despite all the slacking she does on the job, do you seriously think she would have the figure she does if she didn't at least take care of herself?
>> No. 47988
>Letty yawns then and gives you a look. “I think perhaps a little more sleep won't do me any harm, though I would ask that you leave.” She gives you a sly look, complete with smirk, “Unless you happen to enjoy watching women sleep, I don't think there will be much to keep your interest... Though you could always try touching if you're that desperate.”

oh god
>> No. 48006
[X] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
>> No. 48029
Hmmm. I was tempted to see what Renko would cook, since she may not show up again...but it's impolite to have a guest help with cooking. Though in a way all the Gensokyo cast are guests, I suppose. Eh.

This bandwagon. I'll jump on it.
[x] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
Do wonder what our resident shinigami would cook....
>> No. 48030
[x] “I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.”
Burning Pancakes of DOOM?
>>47903
So it's like Haverest Moon?
>> No. 48032
>>48029
>Hmmm. I was tempted to see what Renko would cook, since she may not show up again...but it's impolite to have a guest help with cooking.

She's be coming down with Mary in a few days.
>> No. 48033
>>48030
>Burning Pancakes of DOOM?

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 48117
>>48030
>Burning Pancakes of DOOM
>Haverest Moon
Jesus Christ. You're an even bigger faggot than the Anon who says "mite" and "nite."
>> No. 48134
>>48030
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 48165
“I thought I'd ask Komachi to help make it.” You say, smirking at the brown-haired girl - who shoots you a look of unease.

“You sure? What if she makes something weird?” She asks, “I've heard Maribel's stories you know, about the ones that eat people? I don't fancy myself being dinner!”

You laugh at her obvious worry, it seems time had given the usually rash girl some element of caution. Before she would have happily charged right into any situation simply because it seemed interesting... Perhaps running a store had changed her? After all, you couldn't take too many risks when your livelihood was on the line. “It's fine, it's fine!” You say, holding your hands up to placate the girl, “Marisa, the witch, helped with dinner last night - she makes a pretty good mushroom soup. Besides, Miss Komachi isn't a man-eater.” You pause and look thoughtful, “Well, not that I know of at least.”

Renko sighs, “With a bust like that,” she says, “She's a man-eater alright, just not the kind that cooks them first I guess. Still...” Renko perks up slightly and looks around at the grounds. “This is a pretty neat house, it come with the job? 'cause if so, sign me up too!”

“Feh, this is one of the perks but I'm not entirely sure it outweighs the downsides yet.” Leading Renko into the house you pause for a moment. “Actually,” you say, “We should get the girls clothes in first - I don't want a repeat of what happened to the luggage.”

“Say, you never did tell me what happened to it, only that it got wrecked.” Renko says as she heads back outside and unlocks the back of her small car. “How do you wreck a few weeks worth of luggage in a few hours anyway?”

Approaching the girls car, you pause as she dumps several bags into your arms and grabs a few for herself. “Magic is scary.” you say after a while, “That's all.”

“Scary? What's so scary about magic? Magic is awesome-ze!” You resist the urge to groan as you hear Marisa's voice. “Hey! My new stuff! Double-awesome-ze!” The girl bounces up to you and Renko, poking at the bags you carry in interest. “Where are mine?” She asks, “C'mon! C'mon! Where are th-hey!” You smirk as Renko dumps her load of bags into Marisa's arms then reaches for some more.

“Somewhere in there,” Renko says, “We'll sort them out when they're all inside. And safe from whatever wrecked you guy's luggage!”

You pale slightly as Marisa's face goes red, but much to your relief she doesn't complain more than yelling 'fine' and stamping her foot before hurrying off into the house. As the blond heads up you look at Renko, who seems surpised at the girls reaction. “Just so you know,” You say, “she's the 'whatever' that wrecked the luggage.” Renko looks at you for a moment before making an 'oh' of understanding. “Also, mind the crater on your way in.”

The brown-haired girl blinks at your use of the word 'crater' but looks at the hole in the ground anyway. When she looks up she seems a touch paler than before. “You mean... “ she whispers, “She blew it up? With magic?”

“Well, yeah. It was an accident though, their 'danmaku' aren't supposed to do that.” You sigh, “I get the impression Marisa isn't exactly one for controlling herself properly though. Still, I don't think she's that bad a person though just... childish I guess.” The two of you follow the path Marisa has already taken, through the front door along the hallway and up the stairs. On the way you pause and kick at Komachi's door a few times, confidant that the girl is probably napping inside.

The door opens a few moments later, revealing the sleepy-eyed face of the shinigami herself. “Wha?” she slurs, scratching at the back of her head. “You woke me uuuuup.”

“That was the plan!” You say, cheerfully, only to receive a flat glare in response. “It's your turn to learn how to use the kitchen,” you explain quickly, “So you have anything you want to cook?”

Komachi stares at you for several seconds before nodding. “Yeah, I do.” Then she seems to notice the bags you're carrying. “Hey, 'zat my stuff?”

In the end it took almost half an hour to get all the clothes inside, gather the girls and get all the items of clothing sorted out and in everyone's own rooms. This wasn't made easy given that Marisa kept rushing off to try on whichever new article of clothing that belonged to her she found every time she found one in the mass of clothes.

Eventually you just gave up, called Komachi over, and headed down to the kitchen with a promise that dinner would be finished by the time all the other girls had finished messing about with their new clothing.


“So, if you turn it this way the heat goes up and if you turn it the other the heat will go down, then stop.” You say, wrapping up the last of several explanations about kitchen equipment - this one on the oven. Komachi nods thoughtfully. “And remember to make sure this, the extractor, is on and that you don't leave any of the dials on unless they're lit - but if you can smell the gas don't try to light it. Turn it off and let it disperse first.”

“Unless there's too much, got it.” the redhead says, nodding. “I think I get everything so...” she glances at you. “Get out.”

You blink. “Wait... what?”

“You hear me,” Komachi states, “Get out - I'll be fine on my own.” She waves one hand at the door. “Go on, scoot. I'll make the best dinner you've ever had, but you have to let me work alone.”



[ ] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.
[ ] Protest, you're not leaving her alone here - just in case.
[ ] You are NOT going to be kicked out of your own kitchen!
[ ] Leave, but sneak around to peek in through the window.
>> No. 48166
[ ] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.
>> No. 48167
[x] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.

I'm half wondering if she'll fall asleep. Again.
>> No. 48168
[x] Protest, you're not leaving her alone here - "Let me help you out as thanks for your support today."
>> No. 48169
>>48167
If we smell gas, we'll know.

[x] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.
>> No. 48170
[ ] Leave, but sneak around to peek in through the window.

Aren't you curious as to WHY you're getting kicked out of the kitchen?
>> No. 48171
[ ] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.

Trust the busty death goddess.
>> No. 48172
[x] Leave, but sneak around to peek in through the window.
>> No. 48174
>“You hear me,” Komachi states, “Get out - I'll be fine on my own.” She waves one hand at the door. “Go on, scoot. I'll make the best dinner you've ever had, but you have to let me work alone.”

[x] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.

Don't hound her like her boss does.
>> No. 48175
File 121583946937.jpg - (379.28KB , 785x825 , 1213918585037.jpg ) [iqdb]
48175
[x] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.

Slackers are always good cooks.
>> No. 48176
[x] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.
>> No. 48177
[X] Leave, but sneak around to peek in through the window.
>> No. 48178
[x] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.
>> No. 48181
[x] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.
>> No. 48189
[X] "Can I watch you work? I'm curious about the cuisine for shinigamis, maybe I can pick up a thing or two if you'll let me watch. I'll keep my mouth shut while you cook too, it'll be like I'm not here at all."

I don't want to bother her, and hopefully this response will let us stay, but I too would like to know what meals shinigamis have... other than apples.
>> No. 48190
[X] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.

Just do what she says, otherwise we'll see first-hand what those people from the store were so scared about.
>> No. 48195
[ ] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.
But remind her that leaving the gas on could blow up a chunk of the house.
>> No. 48218
[X] Ask her about what ingredients she needs.
[X] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.
>> No. 48238
[] Leave the kitchen to Komachi, she'll be fine.

Becasue you don't want her angry.
>> No. 48307
Aren't you guys even the LEAST bit curious as to why she's kicking you out of the kitchen? Who knows. For all you know she could be using some obscure arcane forbidden technique that'll do worse than blow up the kitchen. Or maybe zombie cooks or something. PEEK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. Show some curiosity govanon.
>> No. 48309
>>48307
>For all you know she could be using some obscure arcane forbidden technique that'll do worse than blow up the kitchen.

The reason we're not worried about this is because you're not the one writing the story, Kira.

No offense.
>> No. 48310
>>48307
I actually voted to not look because I WANT bad things to happen here.
>> No. 48317
>>48309
You haven't known Angry Desu as long as I've known him.
>> No. 48367
>>48307
When we try curiosity, we do things like crawling under houses and playing with the plumbing.
NEVER AGAIN.
>> No. 48369
>>48367

Seriously. Picking choice's in MiG is like animal shock treatment. I was paranoid as fuck after the point at when we [x] Call out to Tewi.
>> No. 48381
>>48369
That's a pretty good analogy.
>> No. 48391
You're a little unsure about this, but you nod in agreement. “Well... okay then.” You say, “Just don't burn the place down or anything... and yell if you need any help.”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever, this is gonna be a cinch.” Komachi's blatant casualness to your evident worry doesn't help your state of mind any but rather than cause a scene you decide to back out of the room. The fact that you really didn't like the idea of finding out, first hand, what Komachi had done to those people in the supermarket store did help your decision process along though.

As the kitchen door shuts practically in your face, you hear Renko coughing from one side to get your attention. “You really think she'll be alright?” she asks, “I wouldn't be all too keen to let someone who's never used a modern kitchen before use my kitchen unsupervised.”

“It'll be alright,” you say, “I think... Besides, I know where the fire extinguisher is if it's needed, and there's another one in the kitchen I showed her.” You think about that for a minute. “Actually, I'm more worried she might use it anyway because I have no idea how to get it replaced.”

Renko laughs lightly, “I missed that.” She says after a while, “Always worrying about the weirdest things.”

“Someone had to,” you reply, “Otherwise who knows what crazy stuff you would have dragged Maribel into?” The two of you move to sit down on the two comfy chairs in the living room. “I still don't know how you two came out of half the stuff you did without injury.”

“Hah!” The brown-haired girl exclaims as she practically throws herself into her chair. “We just have a lucky god looking after us is all!”

“There's no such th-” you begin, then pause and sigh. “... okay, maybe there is. Maybe you do. Still,” you smirk evilly, “What on earth would a god be keeping you safe for? Maribel I can understand, at least she can cook. Easy on the eyes too.” A cushion smacks you in the face at that and, after pulling it away, you look at the pouting Renko and smirk. Then you look down, smiling slightly. “I'm glad you're here Renko.” you say, causing the girl to look at you curiously. “You're the first normal... well, mostly normal, person I've been able to talk to about all this.”

“Eh?” Renko stares at you, “What about your old man?” she asks, “you could call him up, right?”

You laugh, short and sharply. “Ha! As if!” you exclaim, “And what would I tell him? 'Hey, dad, I'm living with three youkai, a yuki-onna and a shinigami now. Any advice?” You glare at Renko for a second before sighing, “Yeah right. He'll either declare me crazy, possessed or crazy and possessed. And I don't even want to think about what he'd try doing if he actually thought I was telling the truth!”

“Oh... yeah,” the girl mutters, “I forgot he was a bit... enthusiastic about his job.”

“Enthusiastic!?” You yell, “He once tried to exorcise our school's culture festival because he thought the haunted house was real! Face it, my dad is a nutjob!”

“Hey,” Renko perked up, “You think that's why you got picked for this?” You look at her blankly until she explains. “I mean, you're the son of a shrine priest, right? Maybe you're, I don't know, too holy to be eaten? But you're also a science guy, so you know the stuff they need to learn - which a normal shrine kid probably wouldn't.”

You stare at Renko for several moments. “That's... Stupid.” you say. “But I guess it does sound plausible, maybe.”

The two of you sit there for a while, only to jump at the sound of a small explosion from the kitchen. Moments later the door opens and Komachi sticks her head out. “Hey!” she calls, “ 's ready!” Purple smoke billows out from behind her and both you and Renko shoot each other a worried glance.

“I'll, uh, go fetch the others?” Renko offers, not giving you a chance to respond before she's out of the room, leaving you to worry about the kitchen.


Not long later you, Renko, and the other girls were clustered around the dining table as Komachi brought out plates of food. The other girls had no issues about digging in, while you and Renko were much more hesitant - you, after all, had been the only two to actually see the smoke and hear the noises Komachi had made while cooking. She had brought out several dishes, much to the surprise of everyone - especially Marisa, who kept claiming that she was sure Komachi must have cheated somehow. Most of the dishes, you note, contained apples in some way or form from apple slices and chunks to apple sauces. Even the dessert was apple-flavored jelly. The main dish however looked to be pork covered in apple and cheese - not exactly a dish you were used to seeing. Renko either for that matter, as she seemed to be pretty cautious at trying it.

It wasn't bad. In fact it was pretty good but... well... There was way too much apple in this meal. Way, way too much.


Eventually you, feeling a touch ill from the excess of apples in your dish, head back to the couches and slump down on one of them. You glance up at the clock on the wall and grimace, the flyby you had been warned about should be here in a few minutes. Crap.


[ ] Gather the girls outside
[ ] Don't worry about it
[ ] Go find one of the girls

(If you pick the last option, also pick a girl)
(recipe coming in a bit)
>> No. 48392
[x] Go find one of the girls
[x] Meiling
>> No. 48393
[x] Gather the girls outside
Eh, might as well let them see what they may have to one day shoot down, and what may one day be shooting at them.

>Most of the dishes, you note, contained apples in some way or form
iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
>> No. 48394
[X] Gather the girls outside
>> No. 48395
Gods of death eh?
[x] Gather the girls outside
>> No. 48396
[ ] Gather the girls outside
This.

>>48393
>iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
I didn't. Care to share what you saw?
>> No. 48397
[x] Gather the girls outside

I just know this is gonna end in war. DRAKENGARD END?
>> No. 48398
>>48396
>I didn't. Care to share what you saw?

Desu notto, I'd believe.
>> No. 48399
[X] Gather the girls outside
>> No. 48400
>>48398
Oh, I get it now. Thanks.
>> No. 48401
[] Gather the girls outside
>> No. 48402
[X] Gather the girls outside
>> No. 48404
And now, the recipe as promised:

Komachi's Apple + Pork chops

4 pork loin chops,
2 tsp English mustard, Or I guess any other mustard... not that watered-down crap though,

225g/8oz Bramley apples, peeled, cored and sliced. These're cooking apples, yeah? You guys might have to find alternatives where you are 'cuz I'm not gonna find out for you, too much work.

75g/3oz cheddar cheese, grated
2 tbsp snipped fresh sage or 1 tsp dried - I use dried 'cuz It's less effort y'know?
salt and pepper


First heat up the grill thing to , like, hot.

Place the chops on the grill rack and dump some salt 'n pepper on both sides. Cook for 10-15mins, turning once until browned and cooked through. Nice 'n hands off stuff, just how I like it yeah?

Spread a little mustard over each chop, not too much or your boss'll complain. Sikieki hates hot stuff like that y'know, such a hassle.

Heap the Bramleys, cheese and sage on top.
Return to the grill and cook for a further 4 mins or until the topping is golden brown. Serve straight away with, iunno, whatever you have lying around I guess.
>> No. 48405
[ ] Go find one of the girls
[ ] Keine

"You see, Keine? This is humanity. We are war over trifling things. We are the destruction of everything beautiful. We are meaningless deaths of people we never know. This is humanity. Isn't it beautiful, Keine?"
>> No. 48406
[ ] Gather the girls outside

>>48396
Anon, Did You Know Death Gods Love Apples
>> No. 48411
[x]Find someone
[x]Marisa

Silly witch is probably gonna try to race the fighter jets.
>> No. 48412
[x] Gather the girls outside.
[x] Cocktails and folding chairs for everyone; outsider danmaku is a spectator sport.

Let's just hope the military doesn't embarrass us.
>> No. 48413
>You glance up at the clock on the wall and grimace, the flyby you had been warned about should be here in a few minutes.

I read this, and then I realized I could hear a plane outside.
>> No. 48414
x] Gather the girls outside.
[x] Cocktails and folding chairs for everyone; outsider danmaku is a spectator sport.

I agree.
>> No. 48415
File 121597549072.jpg - (80.24KB , 400x400 , 1205973142543.jpg ) [iqdb]
48415
>>48404

APPLES. Inb4screenshot of recipe posted on /ck/

>>48413

Black helicopters
>> No. 48416
[x] Gather the girls outside.
[x] Cocktails and folding chairs for everyone; outsider danmaku is a spectator sport.
>> No. 48417
>>48415

http://zip.4chan.org/ck/res/517139.html

in after.
>> No. 48419
>>48417
I lol'd.
>> No. 48617
File 121605520135.jpg - (21.99KB , 550x350 , explosion-l.jpg ) [iqdb]
48617
For a while you consider ignoring it but, no, even though you did warn them earlier you still can't quite shake the worry that the girls might react badly to the flyby. Far better, you think, to have them all in none place where you could keep them calm or, at the very least, have a front row view of the fireworks if everything goes to hell.

“Hey,” you say, pulling yourself back off of the couch you had slouched on. “before anyone goes anywhere, we should head outside for a bit.” The girls look at you in confusion, and Renko nods thoughtfully. “That flyby thing I told you about earlier? Should be happening soon.”

“Oh, these 'planes' you were talking about?” Keine says, perking up in interest. “I would be most interested in seeing them myself indeed.” Komachi nods in agreement, with Meiling following suit after glancing at the two agreeing girls. Marisa frowns but soon shrugs, while you can't tell what Letty is thinking at all. Either way all the girls move towards the front door, led by Renko, and leaving you with several plates left on the table. It took only a few moments to get them into the kitchen and into the dishwasher before heading out to join the rest of the girls.

“So, where are they coming from?” Renko asks as she leans against the side of her car. “Knowing what's coming would be nice too, fast? Slow? Any idea?” You shake your head, frankly you have no idea what kind of craft would comprise the flyby. A pair of binoculars or something would be nice right now, as it was the first warning you'd likely get would be...

A bass rumble filled the skies as three dark shapes suddenly appeared over the head. Low, very low, low enough for you to clearly see the markings on their underbellies for the few brief moments they were visible.

“Awesome!” Marisa squeals, craning her neck to look at the retreating forms of the planes. “How'd they make something so huge fly!?”

“That is indeed quite fast,” you hear Keine murmur. “It is perhaps lucky that miss Aya isn't here, for I am certain she would have tried to race them.” You and Renko both stare at Keine for several seconds before Renko raises the courage to ask the one question you both had.

“Would...” she began, “Would this 'Aya' win?”

Keine smiled, “Oh, certainly. There is none faster than a Tengu and miss Aya is the fastest Tengu I have ever heard of.” You glance at Renko and give her a strained smile. A person moving faster than a fighter plane? It seemed impossible but... well, at least Renko now had some idea of the insane and slightly unnerving things you heard from the girls.

“Oi, look,” Komachi speaks up, “They're coming back again!” Indeed she was right as, a few seconds later, the three aircraft blasted overhead once more only this time, as they did, the lead one let of a flash of light and a small dark shape detatched from the craft before zooming off on it's own. A dark feeling formed at the base of your gut as you and Renko shared one horrified look.

“Get down!” You yell, throwing yourself to the floor. Renko emulated the move, screaming her own warning. Of the girls only Keine seemed to react, ducking down while, curiously, both Meiling and Komachi seemed to place themselves between everyone and the place the small object had been heading to. Moments later there was a deafening explosion in the distance, far enough to be harmless, but near enough that small clods of dirt and smaller debris rained briefly down on the house and those gathered nearby.

Keine is the first to speak, “What... was that?” She asks, brushing bits of dirt from her hair. Marisa, you note, is eyeing the explosion with a mixture of awe and glee, while both Meiling and Komachi seem indifferent. Letty is shaking slightly, while Renko has gone as pale as her and seems to be shaking worse.

[ ] Explain to Keine
[ ] See to Renko
[ ] Check on Letty
[ ] Warn Marisa off

[ ] Something else - WRITE IN
>> No. 48619
[x] Gather up the girls, get them calm and attentive, describe what the 'thing' (bomb) was and do your best to explain the intentions of the bombers as acts of demonstration, not malice.
>> No. 48621
[X] Warn Marisa off
[X] See to Renko
[X] Check on Letty
[X] Explain to Keine

In that order
>> No. 48622
[X] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.

If two girls are shaken it, it wouldn't do to tend to one while ignoring the other. Take them both inside to calm down, maybe have something to drink.

As for the explanation, it would be wise to be careful when explaining the demonstration, as some might take it as an invitation to do something they probably shouldn't.
>> No. 48623
[X] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.
>> No. 48635
[x] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.
>> No. 48636
[x] Finish this with a single blow.
>> No. 48637
[X] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.
>> No. 48641
[] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.
>> No. 48643
[x] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.

Heh, Komachi and Meiling are badasses.
>> No. 48647
[+] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.
[+] Make sure Marisa doesn't try anything.
>> No. 48648
[X] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko
>> No. 48649
[X] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.
>> No. 48656
[X] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.

Warning BOMBS!?? Peaceful, my ass!

[x] Tell Marisa to "GIT 'EM!"
>> No. 48658
[x] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.

So three of the girls weren't fazed, eh? I am well pleased. Seems they aren't worried too much about a power differential.
>> No. 48659
[x] Call the government and complain; Warn them of potentially excitable, blonde destruction machines that live in the area.
>> No. 48660
>>Warning BOMBS!?? Peaceful, my ass!

Considering the display the girls put on earlier, not to mention the whole "blowing up the van" incident, I think one little bomb is perfectly reasonable for a "warning shot" in this case.

If a potential threat is showing itself capable of making a large explosion, it wouldn't do to let them think you couldn't easily do the same.
>> No. 48662
>>48660
'Cept the demonstration only displays that the people in charge of the bomb are motivated by fear and are willing to display aggression to assuage their own fear. If the people who view the demonstration infer this, then it's not a useful show of "strength" at all. It instead shows how mentally weak they are--they display military strength, but at the same time display how easily they are controlled by their fear. This is an unnecessary negative side effect of a poorly thought out demonstration.
>> No. 48663
[X] Something else - WRITE IN

[X] Explain to everyone
[X] "That, girls, is a 500lb JDAM. One has enough to blow up this house, and every thing in it. Each plane is equipped with at least 2."

wait, this may be the wrong story.

[X] See to Renko
before she collapses from shock,

[X] Explain to Keine
so she can
[X] Check on Letty
and

[X] Warn Marisa off
before she does something that gets them all killed.
>> No. 48667
I wonder if anyone's realized that the reason that Komachi wasn't fazed by this is the fact that she's probably heard about bombs before from, you know, people who have died horrific gruesome deaths from them.
>> No. 48668
Warning bombing? wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

[µ] Tell Keine we'll explain it inside, and see to Renko and Letty.
>> No. 48671
>>48667
Oh yeah. Shinigami and Ferryman and all that.
>> No. 48674
>>48667
I did. I'm not sure about Meiling, though. Perhaps she came into Gensokyo during or after WW2?
>> No. 48675
>>48667
Why would we worry what does and doesn't faze Death?
>> No. 48676
>>48674

It could also be her conditioning as a Door Guard, or something like that.
>> No. 48677
The Scarlet Devil Mansion apparantly only came to Gensokyo after 1998.
>> No. 48679
>>48667
I'd only be concerned if she WAS spooked by it. She's a friggin' Shinigami. Not much ought to faze her, and that which does means you should run and hide like a little bitch.
>> No. 48687
>>48677
And Meiling didn't come with it. Neither did Sakuya, IIRC.
>> No. 48733
“I'll explain it later!” You yell, “Everyone into the house! Miss Meiling, help me get Renko and Miss Letty into the house! Marisa, go boil the kettle and get some tea ready! Komachi, keep an eye on those planes!” Pulling yourself to your feet you rush over to grab hold of Renko, who clutches at your arms in terror. Not that you feel much better yourself, the vague threats the government had been holding over you had been somewhat more... distant... than they were today. Still, one look at Renko's pale face and Letty's shivering - perhaps from the sheer heat of the explosion... It was like you had pulled on a mask, your own fear hidden behind the illusion of being calm of being in control. To one side you see Meiling taking Letty around the shoulders and leading her, still shivering, towards the house. You however look at Renko. “Renko.” you say, “Look at me Renko.”

Renko merely shudders in you grasp and you shake her once, “Renko!” you yell, “Look at me!” The girl flinches, then looks up at you. You smile. “It's alright. We're fine, nothing is going to happen.”

“Th-they-” Begins the girl as she practically melts in your arms as her legs simply give out.

“I know,” you say, wincing slightly at the sudden weight you're holding, “Look... You... want to stay here tonight? I don't think you should be driving home like this.” You see the girl nod and smile. “It's fine.” You mutter, “Come on, lets get you inside and get some tea in you, okay?”

You feel relieved when the weight lifts as Renko manages to find her feet again. Wrapping one arm around her shoulder to steady her, you allow her to clutch onto your other hand as you carefully lead her into the house.

Tomorrow you should probably check out the place the explosion occurred, but for now...

Well. There were more important things to worry about.




March 6th, 2012, end.

Days remaining until programme completion - 138

Short, not too in depth, but i wanted to end Day 2. Day 3 will commence tomorrow.
>> No. 48737
File 121609448175.png - (168.60KB , 330x380 , 121245039344.png ) [iqdb]
48737
....damn you and your surprise Renko moe. Now we have ANOTHER person whose heart we must win.

Renko~
>> No. 48738
File 121609492816.jpg - (59.49KB , 600x810 , letty4.jpg ) [iqdb]
48738
>>48737
See you 138 days from now then. For now, there's only one.

Letty~
>> No. 48753
Well that was anti-climatic.
>> No. 48754
>>48737>>48738
It's been confirmed that we can have her as the love interest, maybe next playthrough after Letty.

<%Angry_Desu> yes nine, Renko OWNS A CLOTHES STORE.
<%Angry_Desu> Because i knew i wanted her and maribell in it, but i had no idea what they'd be doing in like... several years after graduating.
<UBOA> Bit of a step down for a physics student huh?
<%Angry_Desu> Well, Renko has some reasoning behind her... fall... as it were. That's on her route.
<%Angry_Desu> Yes. Renko has a route.
<UBOA> \AWESOME!/
<Kapow> wait wait renko route?
<Kapow> separate from the 5 girls we end up with?
<%Angry_Desu> Any girl who regularly shows up can have a route. But obviously if they show up not-very-often, they'll be harder.
<%Angry_Desu> also some groups of girls will void certain non-five routes.

Remember, the romantic "route" in this story is separate from each girl's personal "route" of finding their place and/or improving their life somehow, and all of these are simultaneous. Gotta make sure everyone's taken care of in the end, basically.


Come to think of it...Angry Desu, were you talking about Renko's route in terms of her own personal goal or just as love interest? Should we be actively trying to help her (as a friend), along with the 4 main girls we aren't pursuing romantically? Do we even have enough time to help everyone reach their "good end"?
>> No. 48759
I think reaching every girl's good end is required.
>> No. 48768
Breakfast tastes crap. Looking at the faces of the girls as you mechanically chew on a piece of toast. The table is silent after the events of last night where, after getting everyone inside, you had spent the best part of two hours calming everyone down and giving explanations as to what had happened. Explosives had been simple to explain as all the girls knew what fireworks were but Missiles, guns, bombs... With each new explanation you could see the faces of many of the girls fall. Meiling just seemed to nod along with moth of your explanations and Komachi didn't seem too surprised by any of it. The world, you had agreed, was a crap place filled with greed and irrational fear. Still, it was the world and there wasn't much that could be done to change it - besides, as you had said to them, for every horror and mishap there was always a tale of wonder and success. Medical technology had advanced by decades, modern transport and the internet meant that anyone could talk to and even meed anyone, anywhere.

Man had even gone to the moon! The girls had all been terribly impressed by that... except, oddly, for Komachi and Keine. Komachi had simply smiled and nodded, while Keine had flinched like she had been slapped in the face.

Goddamit. This morning was too damn silent.

Pulling away from the table you stalk over to a set of shelves along one wall and quickly locate your radio. A little fumbling later and you have the sound of some popular band of some kind filling the room. This one wasn't to your taste, admittedly, but it was better than that godawful silence.

“What's that?” You blink as you hear the question and turn to see Marisa standing right next to you, squinting curiously at the device. “Rinnosuke had something like this in his store,” she says, “but it never made any music! Just some crappy hissing, and that didn't last long.”

Glancing around you see that the mood of the girls does seem a little lighter now the music is playing. Perhaps it would be an idea to take it slow today? Find a few impressive things to wow the girls with in a positive way. Even Renko, who last night had been pale and shaking, looked much better. Admittedly she was now wearing a pair of Meiling's new slacks and one of Komachi's t-shirts, baggy clothing that she didn't have to worry about the fit of, but she seemed alright. You also knew that she had phoned in to her parents, to ask them to mind the store for the day as she was 'sick'. Heck, she had even got you to state, on the line, that she wasn't physically well enough to work today.

All that had got you was a few comments from her parents which made you blush slightly, and meant Renko was going to have one heck of a misunderstanding to clear up when she next saw her parents.

“This,” you say, loud enough so that all the girls can hear, “Is a radio.” You spot Meiling nodding, odd, did she already know this? “It lets you listen to music, news or people talking from elsewhere in the world where it is broadcast from. It uses... ah... invisible signals which travel through the air to carry the noises to the radios, which convert those signals into sound that you can hear.” To demonstrate you press a few buttons on the radio, changing the stations on it several times. “Theres something else, called a 'television' which does something similar, but it works with pictures as well as sound.”

Actually... maybe today was a good time to show the girls the top floor of the house? Along with a storage room there was a room you had done up as an entertainment room with a cheap projector to make it like a mini-cinema. Admittedly you had originally intended to use it as a classroom to teach some of the more theoretical things - like science - if you needed to but for most of the week before the girls showed up you had found yourself using it to watch the odd film.

Yes. Tonight would be a great time for a film night.

Besides, it would also stop the more curious girls being curious about it, since you had left the room locked to avoid one of them breaking anything in there by accident. But knowing what you do about Marisa now, you're pretty sure that the best way to do that now would be to let her know what was in there, before she got curious enough to find out herself.

Actually... You look at Marisa and frown slightly. She didn't seem half as 'perky' as she normally did. Although all the girls seemed to be a bit under the weather, Marisa herself appears to be sporting a pair of dark bags under her eyes. She seems awake enough but she distinctly reminds you of a student who's pulled an all nighter - awake, but in need of sleep.

“You okay?” You ask, causing the shorter girl to look up at you and blink.

“Hm? 'm fine.” She mutters before turning her attention back to the radio and poking one of the buttons experimentally. Rock immediately fills the room and you notice that Letty seems to perk up slightly, nodding to the beat without seeming to realize it. Renko, too, is tapping along on the table with her fingers.

“Mister Ryogi?” Keine has spoken, and you turn to see her clearing away the remains of her own breakfast. “By any chance would you have something to read? I feel that, perhaps, I would like to see what kind of literature this modern world has for today.”

“Sure,” you say, “Not much, but it should be up in the storage room - I never really got around to unpacking it when I moved here.” Keine nods and, after depositing her plates in the kitchen heads off out into the hall - presumably to look for the books. Meiling, wordlessly, does the same - although she heads outside instead as you can see her go past the window. You assume she's going to do some training or something as Meiling is definitely the martial artist type.

You could go see either of them really. Help Keine look for your packed-up books or perhaps you could see what kind of training Meiling actually does. Sighing, you consider that it may also be an idea to go see the blast site from last night - though you really don't want to take Renko or Letty there as seeing it may make them fall back into their fear from last night. For now they seem happy enough listening to the radio so you decide that it would be best to leave them to it for now.



[ ] Go follow Keine
[ ] Watch Meiling's training
[ ] Head out to the blast site

( If you pick choice 3, pick a girl from this list too)
[ ] Take Marisa
[ ] Take Komachi
[ ] Take Keine
[ ] Take Meiling
>> No. 48769
[ ] Go follow Keine
>> No. 48770
[X] Head out to the blast site.
[X] Take Komachi.

I'd like to hear what she has to say about all this.
>> No. 48771
[] Go follow Keine
We should help her find stuff. And it could be fun to see her reactions to some books.
>> No. 48774
[x] Go follow Keine

We haven't given her enough attention lately, and the blast site will still be there later for Marisa to see.
>> No. 48775
[x] Head out to the blast site
[x] Take Marisa

We have to show Marisa a film documentary on nuclear weapons.
>> No. 48776
[x] Go follow Keine
>> No. 48777
{X} Go follow Keine
>> No. 48778
[x] Go follow Keine
talk to her for a while, then:
[x] Head out to the blast site
[x] Take Marisa
>> No. 48779
Anyone else think that Marisa is a wild enough kid to just run off to the blast site without Anon, and get herself hurt in the process?
>> No. 48780
[ ] Go follow Keine

Literature! I love literature!

...what do Japanese people read, anyway? Now i am curious.
>> No. 48781
[ ] Go follow Keine
>> No. 48784
>>48780
Dunno, maybe Ryogi has a few light novels or something.
>> No. 48786
>>48780
Manga, light novel, books, poetry, etc. Same as us, more or less, but it's all in (gasp!) Japanese.
>> No. 48787
>>48780
Manga.
>> No. 48788
[+] Go follow Keine
>> No. 48790
>>48786
I meant, we've got Stephen King and "To Kill a Mockingbird" and George Orwell and "Catch-22", right?

What's the Japanese equivalent? What are the books and authors every Japanese person knows?
>> No. 48792
[x] Go follow Keine
>> No. 48793
>>48790
NASU AND TSUKIHIME
>> No. 48794
>>48790
Ancient stuff written by dead Eleven generals and nobility.
>> No. 48797
[ ] Head out to the blast site
[ ] Marisa
>> No. 48799
[ ] Go follow Keine
>> No. 48800
[x] Go follow Keine
talk to her for a while, then:
[x] Head out to the blast site
[x] Take Marisa
Because:
Marisa is a wild enough kid to just run off to the blast site without Anon, and get herself hurt in the process.
>> No. 48801
File 121615275472.jpg - (98.39KB , 736x736 , 1215914631745.jpg ) [iqdb]
48801
>>47806

>Glancing around you see that the mood of the girls does seem a little lighter now the music is playing. Perhaps it would be an idea to take it slow today?

IT'S TAKE IT EASY FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[x] Head out to the blast site
[x] Take Marisa
>> No. 48803
[x] Head out to the blast site
[x] Take Marisa
>> No. 48804
[X] Go follow Keine
>> No. 48805
>>48801

Except you're wrong. Yukkuri's actually say 'Take it Slowly' which has a meaning in english equivilent to 'take it easy'.

Go research more.
>> No. 48806
>>48805
I'd guess he already knows that, otherwise he wouldn't have made the connection with 'take it easy'.
>> No. 48945
[x] Go follow Keine
talk to her for a while, then:
[x] Head out to the blast site
[x] Take Marisa

Better show her what's there before she hurts herself, also we'll get a chance to talk to her about not sleeping well.
>> No. 48952
>>48768
Touhoes rickrolled?
>> No. 48964
[x] Put it in
>> No. 49011
File 121622643099.png - (9.13KB , 303x248 , wakanagreed.png ) [iqdb]
49011
>take it easy
>> No. 49012
'Slowly' is the literal translation, but it's used in a context that doesn't exist in English. I'll take the translation with the proper meaning over the literal translation any day.
>> No. 49014
[x] Head out to the blast site
[x] Take Marisa
>> No. 49035
[X] Go follow Keine
[X] Take it easy
>> No. 49062
[ ] Head out to the blast site
[ ] Take Komachi

Needs more bust interaction.
>> No. 49063
No, the blast site can wait for now. It's not like it was going to go anywhere after all, besides you were not entirely sure you wanted to bring the subject up with Renko around - even if you didn't plan on taking her to see it. Instead you decide to go help Keine find your packed books as you've been meaning to get the things unpacked sooner or later anyway as there were a few books in there that would probably help the girls too.

That and you were worried some of your old porn magazines may have slipped into those boxes by accident. You really didn't want Keine stumbling across them, hell you didn't want any of the girls stumbling over them!

Whispering a quick warning to Marisa, asking her not to go to the explosion site without you, you leave the main room and head upstairs. You don't particularly expect Marisa to comply with your request but there was a slight chance that she might at least wait a bit longer before going and getting herself in trouble. Within moments you're standing on the top floor at the door to the storage room. Keine is already inside, rummaging through an already open box she must have pulled out of the small pile of boxes that dominates one corner of the room. You sigh in relief when you see it's filled with old notebooks and other materials from your prior education, a little embarrassing perhaps but nothing that could be taken in any bad way.

You cough to attract Keine's attention and she looks up and motions at the box. “This is really very interesting,” she says, “But I must admit much of it makes little sense to me.” You smile and crouch down next to the box.

“Yeah,” you say, “These are all my notes from university, most of them won't make much sense unless you know the stuff I learned before I went there.” You glance around, “That kinda stuff should be in one of these boxes somewhere... But... didn't you say you were interested in history?” Keine nods in agreement. “I'm pretty sure I have a few old history books here... nothing complicated, and it's mainly about science and medicine in history but would that be alright for now?”

“That would be wonderful,” Keine states. “Much of history revolves around the discoveries that man has made through the ages after all.”

You look at her and frown slightly, “Exactly how much history do you know anyway?” you ask, “Just japanese history? Asian history? World history? Mankind has discovered a lot about the very far history, from before man even lived on this earth, in recent years.”

Keine stares at you in shock. “From before... How is that even possible?” She asks, “If no records or writings could have been made before man, how can anyone ever know what happened so far back in time?”

“Remind me,” you say, “to get some books on archeology and paleontology when I next go into town.” Before she can ask, you cut Keine off, “They're the studies of ancient history, both of mankind and before mankind. I don't exactly understand it all myself, but they look for remnants and clues which have survived from those times to work out what happened back then.” You pause for a moment, then grin slightly to yourself. “A lot of the stuff they find ends up in history museums, and we do have a pretty big one in the city...” You frown, “I'd take you to it but... after everyone is settled, I don't exactly think it would be too wise to bring everyone at once, even if it would be nice to do so.”

“Incredible.” Keine breathes, “Does the outside world really value history that much?”

You sigh. “No.” you say, “Not really. They like to celebrate the worlds achievements, but do their best to hide some of the more... well... many in the world try to hide atrocities they have committed.” You shrug, “We're no different to other countries in that respect, every place in the world has done something they don't want to be remembered for.”

The silver-haired woman nods, “The fate of all bad history,” she whispers. “Good or bad it should be remembered...”

“Everyone has bad memories,” you whisper, causing Keine to look at you strangely. “Memories they would rather forget.”

“That may be so,” she replies, “but those memories make you what you are, even if you wish your hardest that they never happened.”

You frown at her for a moment before glancing away, at the pile of boxes nearby. “You wanted books, well they should be in this box here.” Standing up abruptly you move over to the boxes and select one from the pile. Putting it down on the floor near Keine you pull the lid open and check the contents, “Books, textbooks, a few sci-fi books...” You rummage through them and select a few, “Some stuff on the Romans, you'd like that I think, they were an ancient empire from long ago - they invented a lot of things the modern world uses. A bit on ancient China and India, mostly to do with medical discoveries but... well, you should find it interesting as well.”

Standing up again you move towards the door.

“I'm sorry.” You pause at Keine's voice.

“Don't worry about it,” you say back, “I just have some memories I... don't like to think about. You didn't know, so don't worry about it.”

As you step outside you turn to head back downstairs, pause, and sigh. You had been a bit abrupt there but... Well. You'd make it up to Keine later, take her to the museum you mentioned or something.

[ ] Go see Meiling's training
[ ] Check on Renko, Letty and Komachi
[ ] What trouble has Marisa caused?
[ ] Head out to the blast site now

(Again, pick a girl for the blast site check)
[ ] Marisa
[ ] Komachi
[ ] Meiling
>> No. 49069
[ ] Head out to the blast site now
[ ] Komachi
>> No. 49070
[da] Head out to the blast site now
[ze] Marisa
>> No. 49071
[x] What trouble has Marisa caused?
[x] Head out to the blast site now
[x] Marisa
Efficiency!
>> No. 49072
[X] Head out to the blast site now
[X] Komachi

Breasts~
>>49071

I don't think we need to call Marisa, she will probably be there already.
>> No. 49075
[da] Head out to the blast site now
[ze] Marisa
>> No. 49098
[ ] Head out to the blast site now
[ ] Marisa
>> No. 49124
[x] Head out to the blast site now
[x] Marisa
>> No. 49130
[+] Head out to the blast site now
[+] Marisa
[+] Komachi
[+] Meiling
They're all interested. I don't see why we shouldn't bring 'em all.
>> No. 49153
[+] Head out to the blast site now
[+] Marisa
[+] Komachi
[+] Meiling
>> No. 49167
[x] Head out to the blast site now
[x] Marisa
[x] Komachi
[x] Meiling

No more favoritism.
>> No. 49201
[] Head out to the blast site now
[] Marisa
[] Komachi
[] Meiling

Assuming we can bring several. Also, naming myself so I don't keep forgetting which post is mine. Yes, I have bad short-term memory.
>> No. 49203
>>49201
>naming myself so I don't keep forgetting which post is mine. Yes, I have bad short-term memory.

Why would it matter?

I don't think you have bad memory
Enjoy being a closet attention whore.
>> No. 49204
>>49203
When I decide to change my votes. Or when I accidentally double-voted (I corrected that one).

I don't care if other recognize me, but I'm not sure how else to recognze myself.
>> No. 49207
[X] Head out to the blast site now
[X] Komachi
>> No. 49211
[da] Head out to the blast site now
[ze] Komachi
[X] Marisa

Mariachi
>> No. 49212
[]Head out to the blast site now
[]Komachi

updates, where?
>> No. 49213
[B] Head out to the blast site now
[O] Marisa
[M] Komachi
[B] Meiling
>> No. 49215
[H]Head out to the blast site now
[Y]Komachi

I wanna slap those tits.
>> No. 49241
>>49215
But why would you do that? What did those harmless birds ever do to you?

[x] Head out to the blast site now
[x] Marisa
[x] Komachi
[x] Meiling
>> No. 49261
>>49204

Use a unique method of 'selecting' boxes. There's enough Anon's around that have a particular way of voting that it's somewhat easy to identify the number of unique votes.
>> No. 49274
[dicks]Head out to the blast site now
[dicks]Komachi
>>49261
thanks
>> No. 49318
>>49261
I was doing that, but a few people started copypasting my votes, so I started losing track. Write now, I'm trying to just use the name for voting.