[Return]
Archived thread

File 121400833424.jpg - (131.50KB , 636x545 , alitea.jpg ) [iqdb]
43109 No. 43109
I don't like keeping thread count, which is why I bother to do these recaps. If the information I give doesn't match everything you know, then you missed a topic. You can either try to find that topic, or just accept the tl;dr version of the story.

In any case, it's time to start the Recap. In the last Thread, You were attacked by the Hong Dynasty, A group comprised as far as you know entirely of large breasted Tsundere Woman that professionallize in kicking your ass (independent Boob Physics references are abreast). Of course, in spite of being professional ass kickers, they fell victim to the tentacle rape clause, which is fortunate considering your ability to talk to and manipulate the plants of the garden.

This impressed Sakuya enough to recommend you a job as Gate Guardian, considering China no longer tolerated Remilia's torrent of mental abuse.

After which you found the library to be slightly interesting. There, you met up with a Mr. Thornmallow, A.K.A. Henry, who told you about the importance of naming and gave me an excuse to regurgitate information about Nemo's name that was posted in an even earlier topic, thus making it canon.

After waking up that night, You all agree to have breakfast. Afterwards, You speak with Remilia about living conditions at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You manage to talk her into allowing you a free stay so long as you provide her with one of Reimu's Sarashis. You get a weird feeling from the request.

After leaving the mansion, you decide to go to the shrine, and are surprised by Yukari's presence. You decide to outright tell her who you are, and she responds by pulling a cute little trick on you. She dumps you in the middle of the human Village, in front of a youkai hunting group, and tells them that you attacked the Old Woman with the intention of kidnapping the Shrine Maiden. They charged after you, and naturally you responded by asking them out for tea. You thought it would be best to go down to the Magic Forest instead of the Shrine.

Also, it's morning, just because I don't want to wait until you guys pick the "wait until morning" option before you can interact with the people of the forest.

[X] Wonder how Takeda and Reimu are faring.

Looking outside his window, Takeda Sighed.

"Is something wrong?" A womanly voice asked.

"Oh? No it's nothing" Takeda turned around to face her. She had long black hair, and was resting a a red robe that he had provided her. The Red Clothes of a Shrine Maiden, along with a yellow 'kerchif was folded and sitting on a table next to the door. He walked back into the kitchen. "Tea is almost ready." He called out.

"Thank you again for letting me stay here until I recovered." Reimu nodded to Takeda as he handed her a cup of hot tea.

"It's no problem. You have to stay somewhere, and the school is working as a nice decoy after all." Takeda holds his hands behind is back, and sighs again. "I just wish things didn't turn out like this. An innocent Youkai getting blamed for these things."

The woman takes a sip of her tea. She pulls it back and gives an embarrassingly affectionate "Mmm". "This is wonderful tea." She exclaims.

Takeda is even more embarrassed. "Well, thanks. You're so much nicer..." He trailed off, and then held up a hand over his mouth.

"Nicer?" Reimu asks.

Takeda averts his gaze to the window again. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

"Oh, it's okay. I'm sure I had my reasons." Reimu said with a sigh. She turns her head to stare out the window as well.

[X] Head to the less Messy House

You wander through the forest, conversing lightly with the flowers while they tell you which direction the cleaner house is. If you remember correctly, Marisa's house is an absolute pigsty, and it's very unlikely she would be at her house anyway.

As you walk up the house, you find that it had a fresh new coat of paint on it. It looks like someone takes care of this house, like you expected. You knock on the front door.

"Who is it?" A Cheerful voice from a young girl calls out. You answer back, telling her your name and that you are a new youkai who came from the outside world. You can immediately hear the cheerfulness of her voice drain, even though she doesn't say anything. for quite a while. "Leave" She says in a dull tone. You contemplate whether you really want to leave or not. She might not be welcoming, but if it's who you think it is, she would love to have company, wouldn't she?

[ ] Leave her Alone
[ ] Open the Door

>> No. 43111
[X] Open the Door
>> No. 43112
[x] Ask the trees about the house's owner.
>> No. 43113
[x] Ask the trees about the house's owner.
>> No. 43114
[x] Ask the trees about the house's owner.
>> No. 43115
[ ] Ask the trees about the house's owner.

Tree talkan gaems.
>> No. 43116
{X} Ask the trees about the house's owner.
I wonder if we can talk to dolls.
>> No. 43118
[x] Ask the trees about the house's owner.

I'm going to allow it under the virtue that you select "Leave" First. You can come back later. otherwise, I shall continue as planned.
>> No. 43121
>>43118

If that's the case then voting for

[x] Leave
>> No. 43122
>>43121 here.

Add Nemo saying something along the lines of "I understand. I'll leave you in peace then."
>> No. 43123
[ ] Leave
>> No. 43124
>>43118

Yeah yeah [x] leave
>> No. 43125
[x] Leave
[x] Ask the trees about the house's owner.

Better?
>> No. 43126
{X} "I understand. I'll leave you in peace, then."
{X} Leave
{X} Ask the trees about the house's owner.
Like so~
>> No. 43127
[x] "I understand how you feel. I'll leave you in peace then."
[x] Leave
[x] To the village

May as well check up on Reimu and Takeda. It MIGHT be a little easier without Yukari butting in and claiming we're here to kill the Shrine Maiden like last time.
>> No. 43128
[x] Leave Her Alone

You look down, a little depressed. You agree to leave her in peace, and head off a little ways.

[x] Ask the trees about the house's owner.

The house's owner is a Young Magician. She recently became a shut in, and as a result, she has been cleaning up her house. She gave it a fresh paint, and reorganized everything she owned. She also wants to invite others over to her house. Unfortunately, no one except for the fanboys even try to show up. She must be completely lonesome in there all by herself.

At any rate, You could either go back, or find the other house. There's also a Mountain to the North, a Shrine to the northeast, and a Road that stretches far west. Also, it's still morning, so Ran should be awake.

[ ] The house you just came from
[ ] The Messy House
[ ] North
[ ] Northeast
[ ] Northwest
[ ] Search for Mayohiga
>> No. 43129
[x] "I understand. I'll leave you in peace, then."
[x] Leave
[x] Ask the trees about the house's owner.

>>43127

Wonder if we're at a high enough level to send messages via flowers talking to each other?
>> No. 43131
[ ] The Messy House
>> No. 43132
>>43128

[x] Find Yuuka's flowerfield.
>> No. 43133
[x] Find Yuuka's flowerfield.

Which ever direction that is anyway.
>> No. 43134
[ ] The Messy House
>> No. 43135
>>43129

to answer your question; no. That would require they can talk to the flowers as well.
>> No. 43136
[x] Find Yuuka's flowerfield.

We've got enough for a good story now.
>> No. 43137
[x] Find Yuuka's flowerfield.

stay away from marisa
>> No. 43139
>>43135

Damn. Having that would be so fucking helpful for getting information.
>> No. 43140
[x] The house you just came from.

I'm interested in how Zakeri does Alice.
>> No. 43142
[x] Find Yuuka's flowerfield.
She'll probably be up this time, then we can tell her our story and perhaps formulate a plan based on what we know. And probably get a lecture from her on how WE'RE TOO SOFT.
>> No. 43143
>>43139

Yes it would. Which is precisely why I'm not allowing it.

[x] Find Yuka's flower Fields (I like this spelling better)

You decide it would be best to return to your roots, and as such, you find yourself heading westward down the road. You fly upward, over the Village, ignoring the commotion, and masking yourself in the clouds. You decline your altitude and land at the edge of the Flower Field. You can spot Yuka in the Distance. You can Greet her if you wish, or you can look around the area for any other intriging place. There is a Bamboo forest to the Northeast, The Village to the East, the River to the West, and the Suzuran Flower field to the south.

[ ] Greet Yuka and the Flowers
[ ] Infiltrate the Village
[ ] Northeast
[ ] West
[ ] South
>> No. 43144
[x] Greet Yuka and the Flowers
>> No. 43145
[x] Greet Yuka and the Flowers
>> No. 43146
>>43143

[ ] Greet Yuuka and the Flowers

Yuuka~
>> No. 43147
[x] Greet Yuuka and the Flowers
>> No. 43148
[ ] Greet Yuuka and the Flowers
>> No. 43149
>ignoring the commotion
Typical morning commotion or "oh fuck shitstorm" commotion?
>> No. 43150
>>43149

You can't tell. You ignored it.

[x] Greet Yuuka and the Flowers

okay, this is going to be a wall, so I'm gonna let everyone know that I'm writing.
>> No. 43152
>>43150
Touché.
>> No. 43154
[x] Greet Yuuka and the Flowers

You walk through the flower field, and greet Yuka. She turns to you in a delighted surprise. "Oh, it's you again. I was wondering if you would ever get back." You nod embarrassed. "Well, go on, spill it. I want to hear everything."

And with that, you tell the flowers about all of the significant events you've had.

1. You first went to a village, in which you helped someone by the name of Takeda enter without harming anyone. Yuka of course had a puzzled look on her face as if she wanted to say "Now why would you go and not do that?" You then tell her that as a reward, he gave you this nice looking kimono. You then bid him farewell

2. You then found an Eel stand, and found a drunk cat lying there, passed out. You grabbed the cat, and took her all the way to Mayohiga, although getting there proved somewhat difficult. You were greeted by Ran, who let you stay over the night. You then tell her that you found a way to get back to Mayohiga, although it might take a bit of work.

3. After leaving Mayohiga, you went back to the human village, and found an Old Lady who seemed to have been attacked by Vines. She then put the blame on you, and you were forced out of the Village.

4. You went to find the Shrine Maiden, to straighten everything out with her, and she agreed to investigate the situation for her. Unfortunately, before she could help you at all, she received a nasty blow to the head. That last you heard of her, she was living a surprisingly peaceful life with Takeda

5. You went to the Underground cave shortly afterwards, and got into a fight against Parsee. In the end, neither you nor her ended up winning, but you got some good practice out of it. You wanted to speak with Yamame, however you didn't get the chance, as she had run off after the fight. You decided against staying there any longer

6. You then went to the Scarlet Devil Mansion. You were invited to stay for the day, in which you proved you could keep out most enemy youkai. Remilia offered you a job as the Guard, but you refused. she ended up agreeing to let you come back to the mansion without having to sign away your rights, so long as you brought Reimu's Sarashi with you.

Aside from that, even though you've met various people, you haven't interacted with them seriously enough to warrant mentioning.

[ ] 1
[ ] 2
[ ] 3
[ ] 4
[ ] 5
[ ] 6
>> No. 43156
[ ] 3
>> No. 43159
[x] 3
[x] 4

We can only choose one then?

If so I choose 3.
>> No. 43160
[ ] 3
>> No. 43161
[X] 6
>> No. 43162
File 121401280267.png - (181.51KB , 320x240 , KoG.png ) [iqdb]
43162
[x] 5
I have no idea what's going on. Time for a new spawning point/superpower?
>> No. 43164
[x] 3
>> No. 43165
[x] 3

"I'm an innocent. I've got no idea why she would do such a thing."
>> No. 43171
File 121401386848.jpg - (38.03KB , 350x300 , Wink.jpg ) [iqdb]
43171
[x] 3

Yuka thinks thoughtfully on the subject.

"So, a woman was attacked by you, but wasn't? Could you clearify?"

Well, basically, you tell her all you know about that incident. You vaugely remember seeing her before, and that the Vines surrounding her were just an illusion. She wasn't hurt, and in fact, when Reimu got knocked on the head, she was perfectly able to escape.

"I see. She might have been a Trickster of some sort. A pretty foxy old lady, huh? What else?"

Well, You do remember she had a look of guilt on her face after you left.

"Well, obviously that means she regrets what she did to you." Yuka stated clearly. "Personally, I would just kill her, but if she's someone you like, I would just kill the person that forced her into doing that."

Oh sweet Yuka, does it always end in bloodshed? You hope not. You never want to fight another person again.

The Flowers also offer their advise. If it's a misunderstanding, then it's likely a good idea to visit the person who did that. Maybe the Old Lady will explain why she did it and apologize. The problem is that you don't really know who she is.

Anyway, you thank Yuka and the Flowers for advice. Yuka Bows slightly. "It's no problem. I, and I'm sure the flowers here are glad to help you, so long as you keep bringing these stories back with you. Please, next time bring home a gory story. I like those." She beams. The Flowers however disagree with her. They want you to be able to solve these problems more then they want you to kill anyone.

You bid Yuka Farewell after having a nice fruit dinner and a bit of a rest. It is now Afternoon The locations have not changed.

[ ] Infiltrate the Village
[ ] Northeast to the Bamboo forest
[ ] West to the River
[ ] South to the Flower Field.
>> No. 43176
[ ] West to the River
>> No. 43177
[x] West to the River
>> No. 43179
[x] South to the Flower Field.
Assuming this is Medicine's and not the one we just left. We need revenge!
>> No. 43180
[ ] South to the Flower Field.

Yuuka wants gory, huh?
>> No. 43181
[x] West to the River

Come to think of it, we haven't seen this yet.
>> No. 43182
[] West to the River
>> No. 43183
[ ] West to the River
>> No. 43184
[x] Northeast to the Bamboo forest.

Since the NEET uses the Chans, I'm expecting the fanboys to have some sort of lan circle going on to worship her.

Can't imagine how Reisen is holding up though...
>> No. 43185
[X] Northeast to the Bamboo forest

We should get along famously with Kaguya, since she was "born" from bamboo.

>A pretty foxy old lady, huh?

...Son of a bitch.
>> No. 43187
>She might have been a Trickster of some sort. A pretty foxy old lady, huh?

facepalm.jpg
>> No. 43188
>>43187

Son of a bitch. I was right way back then.
>> No. 43189
>Oh sweet Yuka, does it always end in bloodshed? You hope not. You never want to fight another person again.
Oh dear. Nemo's mellowness has turned into pacifism. This needs to be fixed. We need to get killin'.

>"Well, obviously that means she regrets what she did to you." Yuka stated clearly. "Personally, I would just kill her, but if she's someone you like, I would just kill the person that forced her into doing that."

Yuuka says, "Kill Yukari."--how can we refuse? Well. It's something we'll have to work our way up to.

[x] South to the Flower Field.
>> No. 43192
[x] West to the River

you head towards the River. Comming across it, you find a large field of blood red and purple flowers lining the shore. You speak to them, inquiring about the river.

"Ehh? River? Whatever, not my problem."

"Huh? Who are you? I haven't been able to talk to another human for a while."

"Where did that Ice fairy go? Last I remember, I was with a group of friends, and one of them called her an idiot."

"Where did that voice come from?"

... Holy crap. All of these flowers are possessed by human souls. What? How? Why are-? What the-? Phhit-... BWAH! This is not right! Get out of there!

You fight the urge to kick the flowers, and manage to keep calm. Walking down the river, you keep searching through the flower field, only to find every flower possessed. You look up to find that a Red Headed woman is standing at the edge of the river, next to a small, wooden boat. She carries a Scythe with her.

[ ] Approach
[ ] Watch from here
[ ] Call Out to her
>> No. 43195
[ ] Leave

BOOK IT THE HELL OUT OF THERE.
>> No. 43196
[x] Panic

"OH GOD! THE FLOWERS HAVE BEEN POSSESSED BY IDIOT FANBOYS! AHHHHH!
>> No. 43197
[X] Call Out to her

Fuck no I'm not getting near the fucking japanese river Styx.
>> No. 43198
[X] Call Out to her.
[X] "Excuse me, Miss, why are all these flowers possessed by humans? That's not very fair for the flowers."
>> No. 43199
File 121401599942.png - (416.59KB , 1038x1512 , yuka_vs_yukari_55.png ) [iqdb]
43199
[x] Go insane
Oh god, possessed flowers? This is the start of our downfall.
>> No. 43200
[x] Leave
>> No. 43201
[x] Go insane

Eh, why not.
>> No. 43202
[x] Call Out to her
>> No. 43203
[x] Call Out to her
>> No. 43204
[x] Make a spellcard
[x] Call Out to her
I smell a potential fight. Just in case.
>> No. 43205
[x] Call Out to her
[x] Go insane

Why not GO CRAZY?
>> No. 43206
[x] Call Out to her

You call out to the Red headed woman, and she turns her attention to you. She sees you in the distance, and then shrugs. She leaps over of flower field and lands in front of you.

"Oh good, I could use a break." She says in a tired fashion. "You know, if you want to commit suicide, I'm not allowed to oblige you. Also, I'd warn against doing it yourself, as that would lead you to hell, and please don't jump in the river. You'll never return."

What? You assure her you're not here to get killed. You don't plan on dieing soon.

"Ehh, so what is it you want, anyway? Please make it good, I don't want the Yama smacking me again."

You're not quite sure what's going on here.

(I know it only got one vote, but it's as good a place to start as anywhere.)
[X] "Excuse me, Miss, why are all these flowers possessed by humans? That's not very fair for the flowers."

"Ehh?" Komachi doesn't look like she cares. "The flowers, What are you, some sort of nature freak?"

Well, technically you are. You can speak and communicate with the flowers at will. You're rather Urked (to put it lightly) That the flowers have human souls stuck in them.

"Look, It's not my fault." She says as if you were accusing her. "I swear, I've been working pretty hard lately. The Yama comes and wacks me every fifteen minutes just to make sure I'm doing something productive, and I have no choice but to work. It seems like every time I take a soul three more pop up. I don't know how bad this'll get, but I really wish people would stop killing so recklessly."

Hearing that last line barely prevents you from snapping like a twig with all of these possessed flowers.

[ ] Well, Maybe if you could carry more than three souls. Is that possible?
[ ] What if you had help? I could fly some souls over...
[ ] I don't care, just get them out of my flowers.

Komachi stops you just after you make your statement. "Look, kid, I'd like to indulge you, but my Yama Senses are tingling. If I stay any longer..." She turns and heads back to the boat. She taps one of the flowers and a wisp pours out of the flower and floats onto the boat. She steps onto the boat, and pushes off shore. She soon disappears in the river mist.

Well, That leaves you no where.

[ ] Leave
[ ] Wait for her to return
[ ] Speak with the flowers
>> No. 43209
[x] Wait for her to return

Shinigami talkin' gaems.
>> No. 43210
[x] What if you had help? I could fly some souls over...
[x] Wait for her to return. Plug your ears, in the event that your ability to communicate with flowers becomes too powerful to manually turn off.
>> No. 43211
[x] What if you had help? I could fly some souls over...
[x] Wait for her to return. Plug your ears, in the event that your ability to communicate with flowers becomes too powerful to manually turn off.
>> No. 43212
>in the event that your ability to communicate with flowers becomes too powerful to manually turn off.
OH GEASS NO!
>> No. 43213
[ ] What if you had help? I could fly some souls over...
[ ] Wait for her to return. Plug your ears, in the event that your ability to communicate with flowers becomes too powerful to manually turn off.

Wonder what Siki would think knowing a youkai is actively trying to help people.
>> No. 43214
[z] What if you had help? I could fly some souls over...
[z] Wait for her to return. Plug your ears, in the event that your ability to communicate with flowers becomes too powerful to manually turn off.

Komachi helpan gaems. And trying to not to lose our sanity gaems.
>> No. 43215
[x] Wait for her to return. Plug your ears, in the event that your ability to communicate with flowers becomes too powerful to manually turn off.

You decide it would be a good idea to wait for her. You look around, and find a distinctly flowerless spot to sit at. You can't help but feel a little lonely, but this is way better than talking with those idiots that have gotten themselves killed.

You wait for The woman to return, and after a wile of entertaining yourself, you can see her boat emerging from the mist. You head over to greet her as she steps onto land.

"Oh, it's you again. I didn't think you'd still be here. About what you said last time..."

[x] What if you had help? I could fly some souls over...

"I appreciate any help I could get, but don't even try it. This river will suck you and that soul into it. The only safe way across is to ride with an authentic Shinigami, so unless your a card carrying Grim Reaper, any boat you set off on this river will sink."

You look kind of heart broken, or so you must have, since Komachi decides to thank you again for trying to help.

[ ] Well, Maybe if you could carry more than three souls. Is that possible?
[ ] What if I found someone who could carry over souls?
[ ] I see, Nevermind.

Komachi then turns back. "I have to take over another soul now, so I'll get back to you later. As you've probably figured out, I'll be back soon, anyway."

Komachi taps another flower with her Scythe, and a wisp pours out. Both it and She step onto the boat, and she shoves off again.

[ ] Leave
[ ] Wait for her to return
[ ] Speak with the flowers
>> No. 43223
[x] Wait for her to return
[x] Ask if there's a way you could become a Shinigami. Maybe her boss could let you help out part-time?

Nemo the Reaper.
>> No. 43225
[x] Speak with the flowers

Convince them that they have died and are awaiting respawn. So, they should comply with the scythe lady when she comes back.
>> No. 43226
[x] Wait for her to return
[x] Ask if there's a way you could become a Shinigami. Maybe her boss could let you help out part-time?

This sounds like it could be rather interesting.

Assuming we don't go insane.
>> No. 43227
[x] Wait for her to return
[x] Ask if there's a way you could become a Shinigami. Maybe her boss could let you help out part-time?
>> No. 43230
[x] Speak with the flowers

Komachi won't help us. Only Siki would listen. We have to delay Komachi somehow until her boss gets pissed & shows up.
>> No. 43231
[x] Wait for her to return
[x] Ask if there's a way you could become a Shinigami. Maybe her boss could let you help out part-time?

>>43228
That seems to be happening semi-frequently now.
>> No. 43232
[x] Wait for her to return
[x] Tell the flowers that they are now dead and should comply with the scythe lady to await respawn.
[x] Ask if there's a way you could become a Shinigami. Maybe her boss could let you help out part-time?
>> No. 43234
[x] Wait for her to return

[x] Wait for her to return. Plug your ears, in the event that your ability to communicate with flowers becomes too powerful to manually turn off.

You decide it would be a good idea to wait for her. You look around, and find a distinctly flowerless spot to sit at. You can't help but feel a little lonely, but this is way better than talking with those idiots that have gotten themselves killed.

You wait for The woman to return, and after a wile of entertaining yourself, you can see her boat emerging from the mist. You head over to greet her as she steps onto land.

"Oh, it's you again. You still want to help, don't you? You're sweet, but what you said last time..."

[x] Ask if there's a way you could become a Shinigami. Maybe her boss could let you help out part-time?

Komachi shakes her head. "Shinigami is not a part-time job. And even so, it's takes a lot of power to become one if you aren't already born as one. I've had to slay dragons to get to where I am now."

You think for a bit. You ask her what the job perks are. She laughs

"Immortality, and the ability to kick anyone's ass. Although, you'll already have the last one down."

You still want to find someone who can help her. You begin to ask if you could find someone else, but she stops you before you can finish.

"Nope, Finding Shinigami is not your job either. It's the job of those in upper management to assign Shinigami to the various Yamas. If they had any to spare, the they would have sent someone by now."

[ ] Well, Maybe if you could carry more than three souls. Is that possible?
[ ] I see, Nevermind.

Komachi turns around. "I'm afriad I can't continue any longer, but I'd be glad to answer you later."

Komachi taps another flower with her Scythe, and a wisp pours out. Both it and She step onto the boat. They soon disappear into the mist again.

[ ] Leave
[ ] Wait for her to return
[ ] Speak with the flowers
>> No. 43236
[x] I see, Nevermind.
[x] Leave

Speaking with the flowers will just lead us to insanity. Let's just gtfo.
>> No. 43237
[x] I see, Nevermind.
[x] Tell the flowers that they are now dead and should comply with the shinigami in order to respawn.
[x] Leave.
>> No. 43238
[x] RAGE

>I've had to slay dragons to get to where I am now.
Wut.
>> No. 43239
[x] Wait for her to return
[x] I see... It's frustrating to me to know that a person could use help but that I'm unable to do anything under my own power to assist them. Either way, it was nice to meet you.
[x] Leave
>> No. 43241
[x] Wait for her to return
[x] I see... It's frustrating to me to know that a person could use help but that I'm unable to do anything under my own power to assist them. Either way, it was nice to meet you.
[x] Leave

Poor Komachi.
>> No. 43242
[x] I see, Nevermind.
[x] Tell the flowers that they are now dead and should comply with the shinigami in order to respawn.
[x] Leave.
>> No. 43243
[z] Wait for her to return
[z] I see... It's frustrating to me to know that a person could use help but that I'm unable to do anything under my own power to assist them. Either way, it was nice to meet you.
[z] Leave
>> No. 43244
[x] Wait for her to return
[x] I see... It's frustrating to me to know that a person could use help but that I'm unable to do anything under my own power to assist them. Either way, it was nice to meet you.
[x] Leave
>> No. 43246
[x] I see, Nevermind.
[x] Tell the flowers that they are now dead because they were idiots, and now their worthless souls are sullying these beautiful flowers and all of them just should die again. Just die die die diedieDieDIEDIEIDIEDIE!
[x] Leave
>> No. 43247
Komachi does end up catching what you say just before you leave. You don't have to wait around for her just to tell her you're going.

[x] Wait for her to return

You wait for The woman to return, and after a wile of entertaining yourself, you can see her boat emerging from the mist. You head over to greet her as she steps onto land.

"Huh? I thought you left already. Is it about what you said last time?"

[x] I see... It's frustrating to me to know that a person could use help but that I'm unable to do anything under my own power to assist them. Either way, it was nice to meet you.

"Oh please." Komachi seems a little offended that you're giving up and being so dramatic about it. "I really do appreciate you trying to lift my workload. You may not think so, but seeing you try so hard really is encouraging. I won't tell you where to go or if you should stay, though, so go ahead and do whatever."

[x] Leave

You step away from the river, and head towards the village. You're standing to the north of Yuka's Fields right now, which means...

To the East is a Bamboo Forest. To the Southeast is the Village. To the South is Yuka's flower Field. You could search for Mayohiga Also, or if you remember a particular place, go there instead. You spent a while talking with Komachi, so it's getting later in the day. It's Late Afternoon.

[ ] East
[ ] Southeast
[ ] South
[ ] Back to the River
[ ] Search for Mayohiga
>> No. 43248
[x] Southeast
Infiltrate the village. Try not to get spotted. See Reimu/Takeda.
>> No. 43249
[x] Search for Mayohiga

Confront Ran?
>> No. 43250
[ ] Search for Mayohiga

I don't see why not. But I will soon!
>> No. 43251
[x] Search for Mayohiga
>> No. 43252
[ ] Search for Mayohiga.
>> No. 43255
[x] Up
>> No. 43256
[ ] Search for Mayohiga

This is the sort of choice that led to the strange dream with Ran in it, right? ...or was that a different story...?
>> No. 43257
>>43256

Yeah, something to do with a corporation or something.
>> No. 43259
>>43257
Ooh, then I definitely want more of those. By the way, we haven't had any other dreams of that sort, have we? I mean, there was the kitten one, but to me that feels like something else...
>> No. 43261
>>43259
Yes, The Kitten one and the Corporation one are in the same vein, however, if you want to continue the dreams, you have to do certain things first. As it is, now, you won't get one by staying at Ran's. Sorry.

Also, it's been 100 posts, which means I now have no obligation to continue writing if I don't want to anymore. I always try to set goals for myself.

[x] Search for Mayohiga

You ask the surrounding grasslands for directions to Mayohiga. You close your eyes, and follow them closely. It moves around a lot surprisingly, and you almost give up. Every hesitation you make it ends up distancing itself from you. You end up going in circle, and you have no idea where they plants are leading you. Then, suddenly, they say that you've arrived. You open your eyes, and sure enough, the forest look familiar to you. You head towards the center, and emerge at the edge of the village. You head towards Ran's house. Stopping in front of the door, you knock politely.

"Who is it?" Chen calls out politely. You sigh. It doesn't look like Ran's Home. You answer her anyway.

"Oh Nemo!" She opens the door. "Come in! Master's not here right now. She's off talking something over with Miss Yukari. If you want, you can come in!"

[ ] No thank you, I'll come back later
[ ] Thank you, Chen. Could you prepare some tea?
[ ] I'll just sit here and wait a bit, then.
>> No. 43264
[x] Thank you, Chen. Could you prepare some tea?
>> No. 43266
>>43265

Depends on if I do something that requires Ran to have spoken with Yukari since your last vis- Err, I mean, That's for you to decide for yourself! Bwa ha ha ha
>> No. 43267
>>43266

Of course. I mean it isn't like we expressed an interest in trying to help determine the cause of the outbreak of people here. Or told Ran about how we came to this world. That would be silly.
>> No. 43268
[z] Thank you, Chen. Could you prepare some tea?
>> No. 43269
[ ] Thank you, Chen. Could you prepare some tea?

Kitty!
>> No. 43270
My DESPAIR senses (well-developed by Kira) are tingling... We've majorly fucked up. I know it. Things will only go downhill from here.
>> No. 43271
[ ] I'll just sit here and wait a bit, then.

Asking for tea, like something that BELONGS here.
We're getting a big head.
>> No. 43273
[ ] I'll just sit here and wait a bit, then.
>> No. 43274
[x] I'll just sit here and wait a bit, then.
>> No. 43275
>>43268 here

Changing my vote because I can't delete it.

[ ] I'll just sit here and wait a bit, then.
>> No. 43276
>>43271
It's too late now, but I really should've picked "[ ] No thank you, I'll come back later". Oh well. I hope "that path" doesn't close off.
>> No. 43277
[x] I'll just sit here and wait a bit, then.

It's first to five isn't it?
>> No. 43278
[x] I'll just sit here and wait a bit, then.

Chen looks at you sort of disappointedly. "Are you sure? It's only customary, you know..." You assure her that you're not here to drink someone else's tea.

You take to the Couch that Chen was lying her the first time you visited them. She Sits there next to you. She can tell you're just waiting for Ran to come.

"D-did something happen?" She asks shyly. She seems to be worried about what's going on. You can't help but look down to her face.

[ ] Tell her it's nothing.
[ ] Tell her you need to confirm something with ran.
[ ] Tell her you don't want her to worry about it.
[ ] Don't say anything.
>> No. 43279
[ ] Tell her it's nothing.
[ ] Reassure her kindly.
>> No. 43282
Welp, telling Chen "I'm not here for tea, this is my serious face lol" has confirmed to her that we're obviously here to discuss something important. There's no point in lying to her now, I don't think she's THAT stupid.

[x] Tell her you need to clear things up with Ran.
[x] She's going to worry even if you tell her not to, so at least apologize.
>> No. 43283
[x] Tell her you need to clear things up with Ran.
[x] She's going to worry even if you tell her not to, so at least apologize.
>> No. 43284
[x] Tell her you need to clear things up with Ran.
[x] She's going to worry even if you tell her not to, so at least apologize.
>> No. 43285
>>43261
I don't suppose you could drop any hints on how to trigger more Corporation/Ran-related dreams, could you?
>> No. 43286
[] Tell her you need to clear things up with Ran.
[] She's going to worry even if you tell her not to, so at least apologize.
>> No. 43287
>>43285

Should I let you in on the secret? Well, Okay, I guess it wouldn't hurt. This first thing you need to realize is that they aren't Ran Related. They're About Yukari. Of course, since Visiting Yukari has already proven a bad idea, you might want to try her friends instead.

[x] Tell her you need to clear things up with Ran.

You assure Chen that you're not angry at Ran or Her. Chen still looks worried about the situation, though. She sits there twiddeling her thumbs in a cute manner, as if she were a young girl who was just sent to the principals office for something she didn't mean to do. You sort of feel bad for now accepting her invitation.

[x] She's going to worry even if you tell her not to, so at least apologize.

Chen looks up towards you with her large yellow eyes. She still has a sad look, and she only mutters something along the lines of 'it's alright.' Even still, you want to try to cheer her up.

Ran hasn't come back yet, and neither of you know when she will. You might as well try to cheer Chen up. You also might want to prepare for meeting with Ran. Things might end up badly, after all...

[ ] Talk with Chen about what she's been doing since you left.
[ ] Tell Chen she should go outside and play.
[ ] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.
[ ] Go get the Plant from the porch and have Chen talk to it again.
>> No. 43292
[x] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.
What it is doesn't really matter. All that matters is that she takes her mind off of the shitstorm that's probably going to happen very soon.
>> No. 43293
[x] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.
>> No. 43294
[ ] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.

Chen playan gaems.
>> No. 43295
[x] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.
>> No. 43296
[z] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.
>> No. 43297
[ ] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.
>> No. 43298
[ ] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.

We're good with kids.
>> No. 43300
File 121403125843.jpg - (58.35KB , 640x464 , DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.jpg ) [iqdb]
43300
>Anonymous
>Good with kids
DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO
>> No. 43301
updating tomorrow.

be glad you didn't choose a specific game.
>> No. 43302
File 121403420823.jpg - (76.15KB , 1024x576 , ZAWAZAWAZAWAZAWA.jpg ) [iqdb]
43302
Is Chen going to make this a penalty game?
Clever little wench.
>> No. 43309
[x] Tell Chen you want to go and play with her.
>> No. 43310
>>43238
> >I've had to slay dragons to get to where I am now.
> Wut.
Last I heard, Komachi has (canonically) killed a few dragons. Don't know the source, but it's almost certainly PoFV.
>> No. 43321
>>43310
Taken from Tewi's scenario in Phantasmagoria of a Flower View, Komachi Battle:

>Sanzu no Kawa is not a normal river.
>Of course, it's also not comprised of sea nor fresh water.
>Extinct sea creatures from the outside world live in it, it's a river of ruin.
>The creatures that live there are creatures of the past.
>From sea dragons to gombessa, an extensive range.
>Even if you were taken across the river, the most you can do is be eaten by the shark you tricked.

Dinosaur sea. Oh, and a "gombessa" is just a coelacanth.
>> No. 43336
>I don't like keeping thread count, which is why I bother to do these recaps

But the thread count makes it easier to save/archive, so yeah!
>> No. 43374
>>43336
it's thread 9
>> No. 43501
>>43321
Wait a minute, coelacanth aren't extinct!
>> No. 43627
>>43501

She doesn't know that.
>> No. 43629
>>43238
>>43310
>>43321
>>43501
>>43627

I don't feel loved.

Rather then discussion viable options for dealing with Yukari, or Ran, or wondering about how the other characters are, you all just argue about a non-relevant quip that no one bothered to refute when someone else uses it as a main point in their story?
>> No. 43631
Well, I really haven't got a clue, myself. I'm just playin' it by ear.


also i am privately hoping to somehow find ran's route maybe
>> No. 43632
>>43629

Thats not the sound of writing I hear.
>> No. 43633
>>43631

>I'm just playin' it by ear.

Same here. We can best figure out how to deal with Ran after talking with her for a bit. Of course, subtlety probably won't work since I doubt we can "out fox" the strongest beast youkai.
>> No. 43637
Still, I just wish you guys would pick up on some of the more subtler things. It was disheartening that I had to use a pun to get across that there was something important for you to do in Mayohiga. Then you went to the Shrine and told Yukari who you were before meeting up with Ran after that. And that's just a single arc. I really do want you guys to be able to see and evaluate this stuff, but at the same time I don't want to give anything away without you guys selecting the correct answer. Think of me as a cross between Kira and your Loving Mother.

>>43632
And that's not the sound of love I hear
>> No. 43638
>>43637

My loving mother was a drunk lazy bitch who beat me and put out her ciggerettes on my skin.
>> No. 43641
>lazy bitch who beat me

I dunno if a single bad end counts as beating, but I've got the other part down.
>> No. 43642
Ugh. Fine.

Gb2 /work/.

Preferably in 8 hours. As I'm going to bed now.
>> No. 43643
>>43637

Have no doubt that some of us have suspected Ran the moment we noticed the look of guilt on the old lady's face (I believe there was some discussion about it). It's just that given the choice to explore and the choice to get things done, Anon will more than likely choose to explore.
>> No. 43644
[z] Status.
>> No. 43645
Status
Low leveled Youkai. Has the power of at least a Stage 1 midboss.

Skills
Flower Conversation Average - Can talk with flowers on end. And use long distance communication with Flowers. Some Plants can move because you ask them to.
Chill - Are you insane? Are you tripping on acid? No! You're just chill. You take it easy, and you take it smoothly.
Basic Danmaku - You can shoot.
Basic Graze 2- Hey, you're getting the hang of this.

Inventory
Yuka's Blanket - Keeps you warm at night. It also makes you look cool tied to your waist
Takeda's Kimono - A Nice shade of Green with brown trimming. People don't assume you're an outsider anymore.
Living Cane - Given by Yuka. It looks like it could be good for Bombing during spellcards, should you need to. Prevents early use of a Spellcard you could save for later.
Silver Knife - a Knife of Brilliant Silver. A Parting Gift from Sakuya, reminding you to find Reimu's Sarashi for Remilia.

Spellcards
Petal Sign [Whispers of the Rooted Garden]
Petal Sign [Colorful Blossoming of Fruits]
-Blank
-Blank
>> No. 43646
>>43645
You're alive?!? I thought you fell asleep long ago! How much longer do you plan on staying up?
>> No. 43647
>>Living Cane

[X] Talk to the cane
>> No. 43648
>>43647
!!!!
[X] Talk to the cane.
>> No. 43650
>>43647

Well, that certainly took a while to realize.
>> No. 43651
I don't know about the rest of you guys, but for me it was obvious it was Ran the second I read the vines were fake. It was obvious enough of a clue that I couldn't have been the only one though. Besides, she's the only one who'd have the motivation to do something as stupid as that. But one thing I don't get is why Zakeri is so intent on us cock-blocking us on everything else just to have us confront Ran, even though it's obvious she can wait. Can't we just, you know, chill in other places too, or is the calling of the railroad too strong to resist?
>> No. 43652
>>43651
Well, there's really no reason for us to be here right now in the first place. We know it was Yukari forcing Ran, Ran knows it was Yukari forcing her. I doubt we'd get anything from Ran at this point in time other than an apology.

And we're doing stuff so that we can tell stories to flower, not to sit around a house all day.
>> No. 43669
>>43652
>>43651

Apparently we need to know why Yukari is doing this shit. And to know that, we need to ask Ran.
>> No. 43685
>>43647
>>43648
The spirit of a fanboy has possessed the cane.
>> No. 43744
>>43637
Well, some of us already suspected that Ran was the old woman. We just didn't care enough to follow up on it. Heck, I planned to ignore her even after those latest puns.
>> No. 43745
[x] See if we can talk to the cane
>> No. 43912
>>43744

And some of us when we said it was Ran were called outright idiots by others
>> No. 43966
>>43912

Oh my. How scandalous!
>> No. 44174
File 121426375415.jpg - (22.01KB , 332x243 , Hedonism_Bot.jpg ) [iqdb]
44174
>>Oh my. How scandalous!