[Return]
Archived thread

File 121350179936.jpg - (96.64KB , 560x650 , shrine 3.jpg ) [iqdb]
41856 No. 41856
Reimu’s back is still turned to you when you pick up the broom and start sweeping at the myriad pilse of junk that litter the room. Hearing an unexpected noise, Reimu turns quickly to face you.

“Ah. So you want me to take you to the village then? Or maybe,” Reimu’s face breaks into a wan smile, “You want to go back to your world?” You simply ignore her comment and continue to straighten up the room. Reimu stares at you for a moment before returning to the task at hand. It takes the better part of the morning, but the two of you finally manage to get the room back into something resembling decent order.

“Well, Thank you. You’re an odd one, helping me clean up like that. Most of the people who come over just help themselves and leave whatever messes they make for me to clean up.” A sour look crosses Reimu’s face briefly. As quickly as it’s there it’s gone again. “But they’re my ‘friends’ so what can you really do?” Reimu’s shoulder slump forward. She stays that way for a moment before straightening up again. “Well, anyways. You probably want to go to the village now. I’ll--”

“OI~ REIMU, YOU GOTTA COME SEE THIS ~ZE!” A loud voice calls from outside. Sighing, Reimu walks over to the door and looks out. A grinning Marisa floats down into view. “It’s hilarious ~ze. Alice got her self caught up in her doll strings and there’s a couple of fairies beating away at her. You’ve gotta come see this ~ze!”

Reimu sighs again. “See what I mean? I should probably go help Alice. It’s safe enough during the day to just walk to the village. Down the path you came up, then straight out of the woods on the same trail. It’ll end up taking you past Kourindou. From there it’s a straight shot to the village.”

“Oi~ Reimu! Hurry up ~ze!”

“I’m coming, Marisa, I’m coming.” Reimu walks out of the room and lifts off into the air, leaving you alone. Oh well, from her directions, it shouldn’t be too hard to get to the village. You were hoping to get there a bit easier, but no matter then. Walking isn’t that hard. It’s how you got here in the first place so it won’t kill you do to it again. Stepping out onto the walkway you close the door behind you. Turning back around you almost trip over the pails full of trash. Oh. Huh. I wonder what they do with these, considering that there’s not likely a trash collection agency here. You could probably leave them there, and just head off towards the town and nobody would care. Given that Suika seems to be in charge of taking care of stuff like this around the shrine, she’ll probably be along sooner or later to collect it.

Stepping out onto the cement path in the middle of the courtyard, you survey the shrine one last time. Over from behind the back of the side building you see a small plume of smoke rising lazily into the air. It makes you slightly curious, as the kitchen’s on the near side of the building. It’s probably nothing. Continuing on your way you find yourself at the top of the stairs. At least you’re going down them, this time, instead of up. Much easier to go down, especially with a little help from your ‘friend’, gravity.

You reach the bottom of the steps in short order. In front of you is the small path that brought you here. The small clearing at the bottom of the stairs is as unimpressive as it was before and crossing it takes mere seconds. You’re about to start into the trees when you hear someone shout from somewhere above you.

“WAIT!” You hear a flurry of footfalls upon the stairs as you’re turning. Suika is standing at the bottom of the stairs breathing heavily. She’s bent over, hands on her knees, head facing to the ground. her chest is heaving as she’s sucking in air. Finally managing to catch her breath she stands up and looks at you. “What, you were going to leave with out saying good bye? You can’t leave yet, I still have to get you back for beating me.” Suika nods sagely. “Though, I suppose Reimu wont’ let you stay at the shrine. . . So we’ll have to get you set up in the human village! Then you can come and visit me all the time!” Suika’s face is absolutely beaming at this point. “Though, it would probably be a good idea to get there quickly. . . OH! I know! I know a shortcut we could take! How about it?”

[ ] Go the way Reimu told you.
[ ] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
[ ] Waffle.

>> No. 41858
>>41856

[ x ] Waffle.

Walfas!
>> No. 41859
>>41856

[ x ] Go the way Reimu told you.
>> No. 41860
[X] Go with Suika’s shortcut.

Hell yes, Suika.
>> No. 41862
[X] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
>> No. 41863
[X] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
>> No. 41867
[x] Go with Suika’s shortcut.

ONI!
>> No. 41868
[ತ್ರ] Waffle.

Obvious right answer.
>> No. 41870
>>41868
.elffaW [ತ್ರ]

Obvious left answer.
>> No. 41872
[ x ] Waffle.

No idea what this does but sure...
>> No. 41874
[x] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
[x] Attempt to convince Suika to join your party.
>> No. 41876
short 7 minute sleep break, follwed by 7 hour work break. Tomorrow, 10pm GMT. (2pm PST, 3pm MST,4 pm CST, 5pm EST)
>> No. 41880
[x] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
>> No. 41883
[x] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
>> No. 41884
[ x ] Waffle.
>> No. 41885
Hey Kira.

>>41872
Waffle - noun and verb, i.e., to speak or write in a vague and wordy manner. Who knows what Kira's thinking though.

[X] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
Adventure~
>> No. 41886
[x] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
This will get crazy i know it
>> No. 41889
[x] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
Suika Suika Suika~
>> No. 41893
[x] Waffle with Reimu's shortcut.
>> No. 41894
[x] Go with Suika’s shortcut.

why not?
>> No. 41895
>>41876
>(2pm PST, 3pm MST,4 pm CST, 5pm EST)
>2, 3, 4, 5

2 + 5 = 7

3 + 4 = 7

FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKK
>> No. 41896
>>41885
Oh, and I forgot: the verb form of waffle and waffling are slightly different. TO WAFFLE is to "to speak or write in a vague and wordy manner" but WAFFLING has a specific connotation that means to "acting indecisive or noncommittal."

No indecision with Suika. Black or white, yes or no, only. Think of it as Yama training.
>> No. 41897
[ ] Go with Suika’s shortcut.

1. We try Suika's shortcut
2. We get hopelessly lost
3. ???
4. <3
>> No. 41916
As much as I dearly miss the lovable moon bunny, I like Suika more. And moreover, she's a goddamn powerhouse, which makes her an indispensable ally.

>>41897
I wish to follow these instructions. Step 4 seems especially promising.
>> No. 41921
[ ] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
>> No. 41922
[BZZT] Waffle.

VN needs more of it. Suika needs more of it. Anon needs more of it. Reverse the choices and waffle, waffle, waffle, waffle, WAFFLE, WAFFLE, WAFFLE!
>> No. 41923
>>41922
Forgot your 'AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA!'
>> No. 41924
[X] Go with Suika’s shortcut.
>> No. 41926
[ x ] "I like waffles better than pancakes. Because waffles are like pancakes with syrup traps. They say to syrup, "You ain't going anywhere, don't even be trying to creep down the sides. Just rest in these squares, if one square is full, move on. When you hit butter, split up."
>> No. 41928
[ ] Walfas
>> No. 41929
>So we’ll have to get you set up in the human village!
>we’ll have to get you set up
>we

Suika puttering affably about the human village as if it were nothing? Do want Miko Miko Suika amiability before we're sucked into Serious Mode.

Come to think of it...Reimu was pissy last route, and we never went to the human village; this time, we'll supposedly witness what happened to set off Reimu in the previous route and we may take up residence in the human village. Connection?

In before the human village is a den of scum and villai--uh, I mean a festering cove of hostility, xenophobia, and despair.
>> No. 41930
[x] Go with Suika's shortcut.

We need events to happen to get story? Fine, let's have events.
>> No. 41935
[x] Go with Suika’s shortcut.

We finally will reach safe haven--human village, from which our past self was cut off from.

"Help me, Keine Kamishirasawa! You're my only hope!"
>> No. 41948
>>41926
Hedbergnonymous?
Hmm..
>> No. 41951
File 121355601549.jpg - (324.74KB , 1129x1600 , miko_miko_suika_01.jpg ) [iqdb]
41951
>>41929
Do want, indeed.
>> No. 41952
When are you going to do another Gensokyo Academy?
>> No. 41965
>>41926
youreawesome.jpg
>> No. 41981
>>41870
I don't know why I lol'd, but I did.
>> No. 42024
“Lead on then, fair miss.” You mock bow at the waist to Suika. She grins at you, grabbing your arm and dragging you, literally, into the woods. Your feet barely touch the ground as she plows directly ahead, knocking trees, rocks, animals and youkai alike out of her way. Suika’s ‘shortcut’ seems to be no more than driving straight through this forest until she reaches the village.

“Ah! OW! OI! SUIKA! SLOW DOWN A BIT!” You shout at her, as various bits of debris from her little rampage fly back and are hitting you all over.

“But I thought you wanted to get there quickly!”

“I do! I just want to arrive there ALIVE.”

“Oh, come on it can’t be that. . .” Suika glances back at you and skids to a halt. “Err. . . Well, Sorry. I thought you were a little more resilient than that. Sorry about all those bruises.” Suika looks away sheepishly.

“Maybe we could continue on, but a little more slowly this time?”

“Well, um. . . I’m not exactly sure where we are now, I was just going to charge ahead until we found the human village.” Suika laughs while scratching the back of her head. “I mean, it has to be around here SOMEWHERE, right?”

You stare at this girl, dumbfounded. This was her ‘shortcut’? “So, we can go back the way we came and then go the way Reimu told me.” Turning back the way you came you see an impassable trail of fallen trees, debris, and some very, very angry youkai. Well, that’s not going to work. Especially with the angry youkai closing in quickly. . . Aw crap. Suika seemed to have noticed this as well, as she had moved to stand between you and the oncoming Youkai.

“This might get a little messy. Do you know how to fight?” Suika readies herself to fight the oncoming Youkai.

[ ] Yeah, sure. I’ve killed thousands of these things.
[ ] Nope.
[ ] Run.
>> No. 42025
[X] Yeah, sure. I’ve killed thousands of these things.

Confidence.
>> No. 42026
[ ] Nope.

Honesty ftw
>> No. 42027
[X] Nope.
>> No. 42028
[ ] Nope.
>> No. 42029
[ ] Nope.
>> No. 42030
[x] Nope.
>> No. 42031
[x] Nope.
>> No. 42032
[x] Nope.
>> No. 42041
[x] Nope.
Anon can only tell the truth
>> No. 42042
[X] Yeah, sure. I’ve killed thousands of these things.

Machismo solves everything.
>> No. 42043
“Uh. . no I don’t. . .” You trail off.

“Eh? What kinda y--” The first batch of youkai launch themselves at Suika, cutting her off as she lays into them. The first few go flying while several more leap at Suika. She’s soon neck deep in youkai, constantly sending a few of them flying, only to be jumped by several more. You stand there, watching helplessly as she’s swarmed over. Suddenly, The pile collapses in on itself as several dozen tiny Suika’s run out from various parts of the pile. They quickly re-assemble into a whole full Suika, much to your surprise and amazement.

“That is IT!” Suika seems quite upset at this point. She punches a nearby tree, catching it as it falls. holding it horizontal to the ground with one arm, and holding the end of the tree with the other, she lines it up with the charging youkai. “Eat THIS!” Suika throws the tree forward as hard as she can, impaling or catching all the youkai with the straight line of the tree. It quickly vanishes from sight, tearing through the woods at a break neck pace. “Ah. Much better. So! Shall we try to find the human village now?”

The two of you walk off into the woods together, heading off, you presume, in the direction of the Village.

Somewhere in the distance, there’s a resounding boom.

Several hours later, with the sun dipping low on the horizon, the two of you continue your wanderings in the woods. Suika drags her feet along behind you, head hung in shame, shoulders slumped. You’re leading now, as her ‘brilliant’ plans of spinning around in a random direction, jumping into the air (and leveling a portion of the forest around her landing point), and the ‘we’re lost’ drinking game got you nowhere but further lost.

“Uuuuuu. . . I’m sorry. I really thought I could get you there more quickly than Reimu’s path. . .” Suika states again, sullenly, for the thousandth time.

“I’ve already told you, don’t worry about it. We’ll find it sooner or later. I mean, how long could it take, really?” You push forward through the trees. They seem to only be getting thicker in this area.

“I’m still sorry. . .”

Well. This isn’t good. Night will soon be falling and you have no idea where the two of you are. Just as you think this, you step out from the woods into a small creek. It’s not large or deep, but it’s large and deep enough for you to put your foot in up to your knee, and wide enough that you’d have a little trouble jumping across it. Backing up you bump into Suika, who was still dragging her feet and not looking where she was going. Unceremoniously, you’re dumped into the creek, thoroughly soaking you. You’d be angry if it wasn’t for the fact that you could probably follow this out of the woods. So, while you may be soaked it may be a blessing in disguise. However, if you’re caught out in the night like this, you could quite easily get sick. That wouldn’t be good either. Of course, it’s also possible that this creek could lead you somewhere you don’t want to go. What to do?

[ ] Follow the Creek.
[ ] Find somewhere to set up camp nearby.
[ ] Continue wandering.
[ ] Try to go back the way you came.
>> No. 42044
[x] Find somewhere to set up camp nearby.
[x] Ask Suika what she was about to say before she got attacked by Youkai.
>> No. 42046
>>42043

[x] Ford the river

>“Eh? What kinda y--"

[x] Tell Suika you aren't a youkai
>> No. 42047
[x] Find somewhere to set up camp nearby.
[x] Ask Suika what she was about to say before she got attacked by Youkai.
>> No. 42048
Wait a minute...
Why couldn't Suika just fly up and try to get a birds-eye view of the area to see where the village might be?
>> No. 42050
[x] Ask Suika what she was about to say before she got attacked by Youkai
[x] Ask Suika to take a quick look in the air to see where we are
>> No. 42052
File 121366435352.png - (450.59KB , 1115x1600 , miko_miko_suika_2_12.png ) [iqdb]
42052
>>42048
or she could grow huge and carry us on her shoulder
>> No. 42054
File 121366525225.png - (43.36KB , 212x242 , normal_miko_miko_suika_2_12.png ) [iqdb]
42054
>>42052

This panel shall forever be my favourite.
>> No. 42056
[x] Find somewhere to set up camp nearby.
[x] Ask Suika what she was about to say before she got attacked by Youkai.
>> No. 42057
[ ] Find somewhere to set up camp nearby.
[ ] Ask Suika what she was about to say before she got attacked by Youkai.
>> No. 42058
[ ] Find somewhere to set up camp nearby.
[ ] Ask Suika what she was about to say before she got attacked by Youkai.
>> No. 42062
[X] Ford the river

Oregon Trail Adventure!
>> No. 42063
[ ] Find somewhere to set up camp nearby.
[ ] Ask Suika what she was about to say before she got attacked by Youkai.
>> No. 42065
[ ] Follow the Creek.

[ ] Ask Suika what she was about to say before she got attacked by Youkai.
>> No. 42079
Ah ha ha, you silly little bints.

This is foreshadowing. It'd defeat the purpose if Kira gave up his payload immediately after. No doubt he's find some way to get out of answering it until he WANTS to answer it.
>> No. 42089
>“Eh? What kinda y--”
Youkai perhaps?
>> No. 42090
"Yuseless person"?
>> No. 42091
Ah. This isn’t going to work. You need to get your clothing dried off, or you’ll get sick. Luckily, walking a short distance from the stream, there’s a clearing that’s perfectly suited to your needs. Suika knocks down a smaller tree, and quite quickly the two of you manage to get a campfire going. After getting everything set up, you take your shoes and socks off and set them near the fire. You’d like to hang your clothes up too, but you have nothing else to wear while they’re drying so you just move in close to the fire.

While sitting by the fire, waiting for your clothing to dry, you remember that Suika had started to say something before she was attacked. “Oh hey, what were you going to say before we got attacked?”

“Huh? What do you mean?” Suika turns her head to one side, looking at you funny. She seems to suddenly remember something though. “OH! That. I was going to ask you what kind of yogurt king you were if you didn’t know how to fight! I thought you were hero to your people, lord and master of the legendary ‘Refrigerator’.”

You stare at Suika blankly for a moment before speaking. “Uh. . . I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“You know, the other night, when we were playing at challenges. You told me that you were King of the Yogurts, Hero to your people, Lord and Master of the Refrigerator.” Suika nods sagely. “I was so impressed because it was such a grand sounding title.”

You blink a few times. None of this sounds familiar, but then again, you were REALLY drunk so there’s really no way of knowing what you did or didn’t say. Should you play it off like you don’t know what she’s talking about?

[ ] Tell her you have no idea what she’s talking about.
[ ] Play along like you know what’s going on.
[ ] Change the topic of conversation.
[ ] Go to sleep.
>> No. 42092
[x] Tell her you have no idea what she’s talking about.
>> No. 42093
[ ] Play along like you know what’s going on.
[ ] Ask her what else happened while you were drunk.
>> No. 42095
[x] Tell her you have no idea what she’s talking about.
>> No. 42096
[ ] Tell her you have no idea what she’s talking about.
>> No. 42097
[x] Tell her you have no idea what she’s talking about.
[x] Ask her what else happened while you were drunk.

Whatchu talking 'bout Suika?
>> No. 42098
[x] Tell her you have no idea what she’s talking about.
[x] Ask her what else happened while you were drunk.
>> No. 42099
[x] Tell her you have no idea what she’s talking about.
[x] Ask her what else happened while you were drunk.

Sounds like a good camp story
>> No. 42100
[z] Tell her you have no idea what she’s talking about.
[z] Ask her what else happened while you were drunk.
>> No. 42104
Ergh. Sorry about the crappy update rate. However, I'm running off to bed now, so I'll work some more tomorrow, after my 8 hour shift.
Also playan dumb and info gatheran gaemz up next.
>> No. 42124
Remember, Suika hate liars.
>> No. 42125
Man, it's been a long time since I've read anything here. Can somebody link me to the archives of all the stories that are up now?

Also, I love the OP's pic.
>> No. 42132
>>42125
http://sentrygun.com/touhou/

The previous story can be found here. I assumed that Tesla was archiving this one as well, but it looks like he isn't. I guess I'd better go do that eventually, then.
>> No. 42139
>>42132
It seems to be missing WUIG 55, but it doesn't matter that much since the rest is there. Thanks.
>> No. 42143
>>42139
thread 56 was actually 55, GM messed up the numbering for the last two
>> No. 42145
>>“You know, the other night, when we were playing at challenges. You told me that you were King of the Yogurts, Hero to your people, Lord and Master of the Refrigerator.” Suika nods sagely. “I was so impressed because it was such a grand sounding title.”
... I'm sorry, I don't believe there's any possible response to this.

[X] Change the topic of conversation.