[Return]
Archived thread

File 121173439297.jpg - (55.54KB , 420x835 , 1206861382493.jpg ) [iqdb]
36145 No. 36145
You stand in the far end of the room. Your opponent, Youmu, stands 20 feet away on the other side. The atmosphere is heavy. She stands completely still, silent. Her face and stance betrays no emotion, although you can sense the bloodlust emanating from her side of the room. She won't be taking it easy, but neither will you.
"This will be decided in three moves." She declares, pointing towards you dramatically.
"Alright. No need to beat each other senseless, right?" You shrug.
She bows to you, as if paying her last respects before proceeding to tear you limb from limb. You respond in kind. Right back at you, kid. She widens her stance, preparing to attack. You could have sworn you've seen this before. Certainly, right after this... She jumps, just as you had expected. You move towards the center of the room, closing the remaining distance between you and her as she flies through the air. She comes down hard, she wants to finish this early. A kick to the head, same as before. Only this time, you're still on your feet. You step forward, dodging the blow and positioning yourself directly under her as she lands. You catch her other leg before she can regain her balance and throw her towards the wall. Two moves left. Is this really her best? Is she even trying?
She regains her balance, launching herself off the wall back towards you. Her movements are too direct, you can visualize her attacks before she's even made a move. Still in the air, she hurdles toward you with her arm back, preparing for a punch. You easily dodge to the side, and as she tries to reach for you, you bring your elbow down on her back. She hits the ground with a thud, coughing and gasping for breath. This is easier than you thought.
"Had enough kid? You won't beat me that easily." You step back, preparing for her next move. She tries to get up, still coughing. One move left.
"I won't... *cough* lose... to you!" She's standing, glaring at you. That cool-headed stare she wore earlier has been tossed aside.
She runs towards you again. Another overly-direct attack. She throws another punch, this time much slower than before. You easily deflect the blow, grab her wrist, and lock her arm behind her. You twist her hand, forcing her to her knees, and then onto the mat. You kneel, one knee on her back. You have her pinned, unable to move but still struggling.
"Three moves, kid." You feel the resistance give way in her arm. She stops struggling, as if acknowledging her defeat.

>> No. 36147
The Boss would be so proud of us, all the CQC we trained were not in vain.... reminds me, this needs a flashback of us training with someone like her.
>> No. 36150
[x] Help her up

What else would you do after a display of force like that?
>> No. 36155
[X] Do the Rumba
>> No. 36157
[x] Help her up but stay on guard in case she tries anything.

Bitch ain't getting us by surprise.
>> No. 36161
>>36145

[x] Help her up but stay on guard in case she tries anything.
>> No. 36162
[x] Help her up.

She's too honorable to fight dirty like that.
>> No. 36163
[x] Help her up but stay on guard in case she tries anything.

Good choice.
>> No. 36165
[x] Help her up.

Even if she does pull a cheap shot, she'll feel bad about the dishonorable action later, netting us points.
>> No. 36166
[x] Help her up but stay on guard in case she tries anything.
>> No. 36168
[X] Do the Rumba

RUNBA RUNBA RUNBA RUNBA

Will you do the Rumba with me?
"No I will not do the Rumba with you."
So I do the rumba by myself
"You did the Rumba by yourself yesterday, too."
>> No. 36170
I wonder if the Dragon will turn out to be Metal Gear created by Youkai Mountain.
>> No. 36181
You release her from your grasp, "Here, I'll help you up." You offer her your hand, which she quickly brushes aside.
"I can stand by myself." Her voice sounds frustrated, indignant. You take a step back, preparing yourself for another possible attack. She seems to notice this.
"I won't try something so underhanded as breaking the rules of a duel." She stands up with a look on her face that confuses you. She smiles ever-so-slightly.
"What's with that grin?" You ask.
"I didn't expect to be defeated so easily, and by a regular human, no less. What style was that?"
"It's called CQC. It's a style my sister and I developed throughout the course of the war for unarmed close combat."
"It's... well suited for unarmed combat. I would like to learn it someday."
"I might show you, provided you don't keep calling me names." You smile.
"I won't. A dog could never best me in combat. I apologize for my behavior earlier. You've more than earned my respect." She turns away, heading for the door. You follow.
"Next time we should practice swordplay. I had the advantage this time, it's only fair."
"I'd like that. I won't go easy on you." She laughs.
"All this running around has made me tired, we should try to get some sleep." She jumps slightly.
"Y-yes, we should.." Her voice sounds shaky. Maybe she hasn't gotten used to the idea of sharing her room. She speaks again, stern and composed, "You're still sleeping on the floor."
"Damn." You mutter under your breath.
You continue following her silently as she makes her way through the building. Damn, this place is huge. All the hallways and corridors she leads you through have made you lose your sense of direction. The place is like a maze, but at least it has electric lighting. Why would ghosts want proper lighting? What happened to the classic dark haunted house? Where's all the cobwebs and creaky floorboards in this place? It's hardly scary at all! Youmu stops at a small door, almost hidden behind a protruding wall. You couldn't have found this room without her help.
"This is it." She says matter-of-factly as she opens the door.
You look around. The room looks... normal at best, if not somewhat plain. Save for a small desk and television set, the room looks empty. As you walk in, you notice the wall behind you. Two swords are mounted ceremoniously on the wall. The same two swords she carried when you first met her at the gates.
"Those are my father's swords. Please do not touch them." You nod. She continues, "You may sit where you like. I will prepare some food and drink and will return shortly."
You raise a finger to protest, but she continues, interrupting you before you speak. "It's safe, don't worry. What I eat and what I serve the master are of different origin. I'm half human, so I'm unable to eat the food of this world as well." She quietly leaves the room, ending her explanation there.
You sit by the desk, trying to turn on the television set. Where's the goddamned dials on this thing? You feel around, and come across a square button on the front reading "power." You press it, and the set flickers on, the screen remains completely back. You can hear a high-pitched whining. It's working.
You see a small box tucked under the desk. It's incredibly thin, like a pad of paper. The letters "PS2" are written on one side. It appears to be connected to the television. A small collection of what appears to be records is stored to the side of the television, but you find no phonograph in the room. Perhaps they interact with this box somehow?
You search through the disks, and notice one with the words "METAL GEAR SOLID 3" printed on one side.
"Metal Gear?!" you exclaim to yourself. This must be what they mentioned earlier! You need to investigate this further. You re-examine the box, and notice a small tab on one side. Pushing it, the top opens to reveal a slot the exact size of the disc. You put the disc in with the words-side up, and close the box. Maybe this is how it works? You scratch your chin in confusion. Nothing's happening. Maybe you screwed up somewhere? You look around for clues, and come across a small device covered in buttons, with a length of wire coming out the front. Or is it the back? The connector at the end is unfamiliar to you, but you recognize the shape as something fitting into the box. You plug it in, it fits perfectly. You examine the box again, perhaps it needs electricity like the television? You feel around the front of it, and find a small button. Damn, that was hard to find. Pressing it, the box lights up, and a picture appears on the television. Hey, that wasn't so bad! You hear sound coming from the box. An ominous music begins to play, and an image of two men fighting shows on the screen. You recognize the moves immediately. They're incredibly similar to your CQC style, although not nearly as refined. The movement is rough, full of openings. Whoever this man is, he's an amateur.

Words appear on the screen and tell you to "Press Start."

----------

Snake stars as himself in a new, thrilling comedy-action movie. GensoGear Solid, coming to theatres this June!
>> No. 36187
Press start.
>> No. 36189
>"It's called CQC. It's a style my sister and I developed throughout the course of the war for unarmed close combat."

haha, awesome.

[X] Wait for Youmu to come back and play the game together.
>> No. 36192
[X] Wait for Youmu to come back and play the game together.
>> No. 36204
[X] Wait for Youmu to come back and play the game together.
>> No. 36205
[x] Wait for Youmu to come back and play the game together.
>> No. 36215
[x] Ask Yukari what this thing is, and why it's making a mockery of everything you learned so far.
>> No. 36217
[x] Hide in a box and wait for Youmu to come back
>> No. 36218
File 121174743038.png - (6.80KB , 400x400 , JS.png ) [iqdb]
36218
You don't know what to do from here. You think it has something to do with the button device, but you'd rather not press the self-destruct button by accident. You decide to wait for Youmu to return. You don't have to wait long, she walks in several minutes later with food and drink.
"I see you've figured out how to work the Playstation," she seems impressed. You're fairly impressed too, considering when you're from and how alien the device is to you.
"Yeah, but I can't figure out what to do after this. I don't want to destroy it by accident."
"You won't destroy it." She sets down the food and picks up the controller. "You press this button here, and load the game from the next menu." You look on in awe, yet slightly confused. "I'm at this part right here, Miss Yuyu gave me this system only a few weeks ago."
You look at the screen. Highlighted is a time and the phrase "VERY EASY" in all capital letters. For some reason, you think that only grade-schoolers should be allowed to choose the easy way out.
Youmu gives a basic overview of what to do, and how to play the game before handing the controller to you. It takes a few minutes, but you slowly get the hang of it. You play through a few levels before Youmu stops you.
"That should be enough for now. You're tired. You said so yourself, correct? You should try to eat something and get to sleep." She walks over to a small closet in the corner of the room and rolls out two of those floor-mattresses. She sets each one up in opposite corners of the room while you eat, and drapes a cloth over a string she ties to the ceiling.
"This is your side of the room for the night." She motions to the makeshift barrier. "I would be most appreciative if you stay away from this curtain for the night." There's a threatening hint to her voice. She cleans up the leftover food, puts away the PS2, and closes the curtain. Without a word, she turns off the light. You lay down, and fall asleep almost immediately.

Choose a number. All are incredibly strong. Only the true strongest number will grant a reward.

[42]
[9001]
[88]
[999]
[X/0]

----------

That's all for now. Working like Fist of the North Star is happen. I'll try to be back tonight by 11 Eastern.
>> No. 36219
[X/0]
OH SHI
>> No. 36221
[X/0]
>> No. 36222
[42]
>> No. 36223
[42]
>> No. 36224
[X/0]
>> No. 36225
[42]

Oh lawd
>> No. 36226
[42]

The only answer.
>> No. 36228
[X/0]

"I MUST DIVIDE THE ZEROS"
"No Snake, you are the Zeros."
"Wait what?"
>> No. 36229
[42]
>> No. 36231
the answer was 88.

42 is the answer to the universe, however this was not a question, and therefore cannot be applied

/0 destroies the universe. There will be no such thing as power after someone does it.

9001 is a surprisingly powerful number, but they get much, much stronger later.

999 is the weakest Max Cap on damage ever.

88 however comes out of no where, and surprize attacks everyone doing massive damage.
>> No. 36232
>>36228

And then Snake was was an A6M.

[42]
>> No. 36234
>>36231

thinking now, 88 is the speed in mph reqired to time travel.

so 88 might be it, but I already voted.
>> No. 36235
[x] 88

Time paradox
>> No. 36237
88
>> No. 36246
[X/0]
>> No. 36249
[x] 88
>> No. 36252
[x] 88
Let's turn infinity around!
>> No. 36253
[x] 88

Side infinity
>> No. 36256
88 is, indirectly, 1.21 jiggawatts.

Which is a shit-ton.

[X] 88
>> No. 36267
[88], since it was the size of the infamous Flak 88, too.
>> No. 36286
>>36231
42 - The answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything. Moderately strong.

9001 - Stronger than Vegeta, weaker than Freeza. Mildly strong.

88 - With enough jiggawatts, one can travel through time once they hit a speed in miles per hour equivalent to this number. Nothing is stronger than dominion over time. Except Cirno.

999 - While one 9 is the strongest number ever, three of them upside down is the number of the beast. The beast is too old to be strong. He probably has arthritis now, too.

X/0 - Divide anything by zero, and you have a mathfag shitstorm on your hands. Weakest number ever.

88 won, writan. Also, sneaking mission, stealth, etc.
>> No. 36288
>>36231
This man is a Genius and deserves a cake.
>> No. 36292
You dream of Metal Gear. Although it's not Metal Gear. You recognize this dream-world as the same one you're in now. You're sneaking through the gardens of the Netherworld, in search of a great evil. You don't know what it is, but your gut tells you it's evil and must be destroyed. You work your way through the cherry blossoms, towards a clearing. Suddenly, something whizzes past your head. You turn around to find Cirno, dressed in the same fatigues you currently wear.
"I can't let you go any farther, Snake." She speaks ominously, and a little out of her usual character. "Your duty has been fulfilled, you may now die in peace."
You say something in response, but you can't hear you can't hear the sound of your own voice. You understand the meaning. The traitor must die. You bring your pistol to bear on the camouflaged fairy, firing your heat ray. She becomes a puddle of water in seconds. Her being made out of ice was advantageous to you. You have eliminated the traitor and may continue your search for the great evil. You turn on your heat-seeking goggles, and proceed closer to the clearing. You can see a pit of snakes at the end. The snakes call for you. You are their brethren, and they are your allies. They can grant you a power greater than all so that you may defeat your foe. You reach into your side pocket and pull out a flask, offering it to the snake pit. Flames erupt from the eyes of each snake in the pit. You have angered them. The offering was rejected. They wanted schnapps, you have whiskey. Goddamned German snakes, all of 'em! You pull out a second pistol, firing a volley of rockets into the pit. You do not wonder why the pistol shoots rockets, yet secretly wish the rockets were painted red instead of white. The pit erupts into flames, and the snakes slowly become a boiling lake of lava. You fly over the lake, and into the clearing. You can see the mansion ahead of you, looming in the distance. The great evil is inside, you can feel it. It must be defeated. It has stolen your precious thing. Yuyuko appears in front of you, also dressed in camouflage. Her camouflage is different from the others. You can't help but ask.
"Hey, Ghost, what's with that camo?" You call her by her code name.
"It's called Spirit Camo. I got it from the Sorrow."
"The sorrow gave it to you? Wasn't he dead?"
"I'm dead too, you know." Oh, right.
"So what does it do?" You're curious.
"This." She unbuttons the top part of her shirt, showing a black leather bra covering her chest.
"Ah, I see. That's useful." It is, really. "But there's time for that later. I have to defeat the great evil! She stole my precious thing!"
"Stealing precious things is what she does, Snake. You won't get it back."
"But I have to avenge my parents' deaths! They were killed by DEMONS!" Those demons will pay eventually, but you need to concentrate on your precious thing and the with who stole it, first. Suddenly, an upside-down Yukari pops into your vision.
"Having fun, snake?" She glances toward Yuyuko, who is now starting to undress for some reason. You suddenly realize exactly where you are.
"I was, until you showed up. This was my first awesome dream in years! The rest of them were about the war or something about 9's and such."
"Well, that's too bad. I've come to tell you something."
"What's that?"
"The mission's over, you can turn off your internet browser now."
"Huh? Inter- wha?"
"TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW, SNAKE!"
You jolt awake. You must've been sweating, the sheets are damp. You put a hand to your head, rubbing your eyes. What the hell was that just now? You might as well try to ask.
"Yukari, are you listening?"
*Snoooooooooooooooooooore* Sounds like she's asleep, too. You look around, and are thankful to see Youmu's room, just the way you remember it. No pits of Gerry snakes, no great great evil, and your precious thing is still there, too. You're a little saddened as well. There's no half-naked ghost princess in the room, either. You turn to face the curtain. Unlike the one making bear calls in your ear, Youmu's sound asleep.
>> No. 36298
[X] Wander outside and stare forlornly at the moon.
[X] Contemplate what would be effective camo on said moon.
>> No. 36299
[x] Silently lament the end of what could've possibly been the most awesome dream you ever experienced.
>> No. 36301
[z] Wander outside and stare forlornly at the moon.
[z] Contemplate what would be effective camo on said moon.
>> No. 36302
>>36292

Fucking awesome.
>> No. 36304
>>36298
>>36299

[X] Wander outside and stare forlornly at the moon.
[x] Silently lament the end of what could've possibly been the most awesome dream you ever experienced.

Answer combining games.
>> No. 36305
>>36292

[ x ] Hungry for worms? No, hungry for words!
>> No. 36306
[x] Go back to bed and see if you can get another fucking awesome dream.
>> No. 36307
[X] Wander outside and stare forlornly at the moon.
[X] Contemplate what would be effective camo on said moon.
[X] Think that you could really go for a cigarette right now.
>> No. 36309
>"Well, that's too bad. I've come to tell you something."
>"What's that?"
>"The mission's over, you can turn off your internet browser now."
>"Huh? Inter- wha?"
>"TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW, SNAKE!"

JESUS CHRIST THE FOURTH WALL IS BREAKING AGAIN

KOJIMAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>> No. 36313
[X] Wander outside and stare forlornly at the moon.
[X] Contemplate what would be effective camo on said moon.
[X] Think that you could really go for a cigarette right now.
>> No. 36321
You leave the room, and try to follow the path you took back out. You manage to remember much of the layout and the path Youmu took leading you to her room. You open several doors to try to keep your bearings straight. There really are a lot of empty rooms in this house. You wonder what they're all used for... One of the doors you open leads into a small courtyard. The wood floor sticks out several feet into the room on each wall, and about a foot above the bare ground This'll have to do. You walk into the room, closing the door behind you. Normally, you'd have a cigarette at a time like this. You curse yourself for not bringing a few packs. There's gotta be somewhere in this world you can but some..
You sit at the edge of the structure, your feet touching the sandy surface below. You look into the courtyard. It's small, no more than 30 feet across, and perfectly square. Placed in the center of the room is a large chipped boulder. At it's bottom is nothing but sand, which looks as if it were combed into a design. For the first time since you came to this world, you feel content, if not somewhat awesome. You'd really like your pistol to shoot missiles like it did in that dream, and a flask of anything alcoholic would be most welcome. Most of all, you'd like to see Yuyuko in that outfit again. Damn, that was an awesome dream! You fall on your back and stare at the sky. You can see every star in the sky, and there's not a cloud in sight. You look towards the moon. It appears to be almost full. Or was it full the day before? You start to think to yourself.
"I wonder what kind of camouflage would work best on the moon?" You ask yourself aloud.
"I'm certain those moon people in the bamboo forest could tell you." You hear Yuyuko's voice in the direction of the door you came in through.
"Moon people?" Now all that's left is demons. "Well, I've seen weirder things these past two days."
"I'm surprised you're taking it so well. Most outsiders would have lost their sanity by now."
"I could believe that." You say, forcing a chuckle. "Seeing Gods and the dead are things we're not accustomed to where I'm from."
"Gods? You went to the mountain?" Yuyuko sounds confused. You look over to find her sitting next to you. The dead really are quiet when they move, aren't they?
"Mountain? Well, it was more of a big hill than a mountain. There was a woman named Mima there calling herself a God." You hear Yuyuko start to laugh.
"Mima? A God? No, she's little more than a lost soul with a bit of an overgrown ego."
"I kinda got that impression. I'd expect Gods to at least have legs." You laugh at your own joke. "I guess I'd better put Gods back on the list."
"List?" Yuyuko leans over, her face blocking your view of the sky.
"Oh, it's just some thing I made up in my head. I made up a list of ridiculous things I might find here. I started with faries, demons, ghosts, Gods, and moonmen. All I have left to see are the demons, moonmen, and Gods."
"Well, you've come to the right place then!" Her face brightens up, a childish smile appears on her face. "The full package is available here!"
"You sound like an automobile salesman when you put it like that." The both of you laugh in unison. She lays down on her back, less than a foot away from you. The two of you lay there for several minutes, just staring at the sky.
"It really is a nice night out, isn't it?" she says, calmly.
"I know. The moon's really bright."
"Perhaps you should spend one more night here. The moon will be full tomorrow, and many of the residents here will become violent."
"I feel like I've spent enough time here as it is. I've still got the mission to worry about."
"I don't mind, I like the extra company." Her voice is sad, she sounds worried.
"I'll come and visit again, then. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine if I'm with that gardener of yours."
"I hope so." She stands up and heads for the door. "Good night, Snake."
"Yeah." She closes the door. You fall asleep where you lay, and have no dreams.

----------

Also, sleeping like FotNS. Will be back sometime tomorrow.
>> No. 36325
>>36321
>"Perhaps you should spend one more night here. The moon will be full tomorrow, and many of the residents here will become violent."
>"I feel like I've spent enough time here as it is. I've still got the mission to worry about."
>"I don't mind, I like the extra company." Her voice is sad, she sounds worried.
>"I'll come and visit again, then. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine if I'm with that gardener of yours."
>"I hope so." She stands up and heads for the door. "Good night, Snake."

Can love bloom on a battlefield?
>> No. 36332
>>36325
I'd let my love bloom in Yuyuko's battlefield, if you know what I mean.
>> No. 36334
>a style my sister and I developed
Our little sister is The Joy?

Trippin' balls, man...
>> No. 36382
>>36334
I am looking forward to the Flashback and looking forward to seeing her again. We have to kill her to be big boss, only to see that years later our brother build up his own unit and is now ready to take over Gensokyo.
>> No. 36467
Shame we didn't get a proper meeting with Suika, or we could cross demons off the list
>> No. 36547
>>36467
I don't think Oni qualify as proper demons.

Shinki, on the other hand, is a guaranteed success.
>> No. 36548
>>36547

Yes, but remember we're dealing with someone who has no idea what anything in this world really is. Identifying a ghost would be far easier than identifying what classifies as a demon.
>> No. 36577
Of course, by "tomorrow," I meant "two days later." I apologize to those who waited.

----------

You're jolted awake. Youmu stands peering down over you. Your head hurts.
"Did you just kick me?" You're still half asleep.
"It's not important. We should get going now." Youmu nudges you with her foot. "You need to decide where to go next. I will escort you."
You sit up, remembering the previous night's events. You're still in the courtyard. That's right, you woke up and fell asleep out here. You rub your eyes.
"Huh? What time is it?" Why do you still feel tired?
"It's 5 in the morning. We need to get an early start if we're to be at your next destination by sundown. I have been instructed to have you indoors before nightfall."
"I see, full moon and stuff, right?" You stare at the other end of the courtyard blankly, still half-asleep.
"Correct, But.. How did you..."
"Your master told me last night. I spoke with her out here for a short while."
"I see." You pick yourself up slowly, examining the person in front of you.
"In any case, I'm hungry. Is there anything to eat?"
"Yes, I've prepared a few things you can have on the way. It is imperative that we leave as soon as possible." She motions you to follow her.
"My ride's gone, are you going to carry me like that armpit priestess did?" She jumps slightly, surprised.
"No, we'll travel on foot. There are buildings along the way that we may use as lodgings, and flying only attracts unwanted attention."
"Won't we get there quicker, though?"
"Yes, but speed is not the issue. I have been instructed to keep you out of sight. Most of the inhabitants here eat humans, after all." You shudder. The thought of being eaten alive doesn't sit well with your empty stomach.
You continue following her through the corridors in silence, yet hoping to catch a glimpse of Yuyuko before you leave. It would be nice to give her a proper farewell rather than leave unannounced. Before you know it, you're standing at the front gate. Youmu turns around.
"From here on, you will decide where to go. Although I do not like it, I have my instructions. You're free to go wherever you please. I will warn you though, a decision in poor judgement will most certainly lead to an untimely death on your part. There are opponents in this world far stronger than myself." The thought of being eaten alive comes up again. You think carefully on your next destination.
>> No. 36578
[ ] Youkai Mountain
>> No. 36581
[x] Youkai Mountain
>> No. 36582
[ ]Mayohiga
>> No. 36586
[X] Youkai Mountain.
Time for some upgrades for our weapons.
>> No. 36587
[x] Youkai Mountain

Damn, was hoping we'd have the tommy for this. Ah well no lol gun for us.
>> No. 36588
[X] Youkai Mountain.

Let's jack Nitori's weapons...

...Or get her to help us.
>> No. 36589
[X] Youkai Mountain.
To kappa town, or wherever it is kappas hang out.
>> No. 36590
>>36586

[x] Youkai Mountain

HEAVY MACHINEGUN
>> No. 36591
Maybe Nitori likes Metal Gear and give us some gear
>> No. 36592
>>36588
Time to duel with Nitori, don't forget to put her to sleep so that we can get the Kappa camouflage.
>> No. 36593
Youkai Mountain, most certainly.
>> No. 36594
Is Nitori going to give us some of that experimental optical camo she was working on?
>> No. 36598
"Well, Reimu said something about weapons and a mountain, so I suppose I should start there first." You look towards Youmu, hoping she knows what you're talking about.
"Ahh, she must be talking about that Kappa girl. I'd expect she'd be willing to help us, it's just..."
"Just what?" Youmu looks troubled.
"I don't get along with that type of person. She's a little... off."
"Off? Like she's crazy?"
"Never you mind. The mountain is just to the Southwest, so it shouldn't take much more than three hours to reach it if we don't run into trouble along the way. The Tengu are protective beasts, but I doubt they'd bother us."
"Tengu? What the hell are they?"
"A race of bird Youkai. They've a small encampment near the mountain's summit, but where we're headed is below a waterfall at it's base. We should be able to avoid them altogether." She opens the heavy front gate and motions to the horizon. You can see a range of mountains in the distance. She points to a large, jagged peak to the right.
"That's the one?" You strain your eyes, as if to make out any details behind the haze and clouds.
"Yes. Now, please hold on tight." She swiftly moves behind you, looping her arms under yours.
"Hey, I thought we were walking!"
"Be quiet!" Her voice is strained, as if lifting an extremely heavy object. You begin to hover, and the two of you shoot forward at an unimaginable speed down the stairway ahead.
The stairway suddenly disappears below you, revealing a vast expanse of sky below. Your stomach lurches into your throat. You look down instinctively. The forest below is shooting up towards you. Did she drop you? You can see her arms are still wrapped around you. You feel resistance in your legs. You've landed, and you breathe a sigh of relief. Youmu releases you and walks to your side, looking at you expectantly, as if expecting some kind of praise for a job well done.
"Ahh! I thought I'd die." You declare in an exasperated voice. Youmu's face turns sour.
"Well, you didn't. Let's go." She walks off into the trees ahead. You try to look towards the mountain and see nothing through the canopy. You feel a sharp pain in your leg.
"Stop spacing out, we're leaving."
"You just kicked me!" You follow behind her.
"Never you mind." Her voice sounds disinterested. She waves off your complaint with a quick movement of her hand.
You sigh. "Alright, how far is it?"
"Not far. We're right at the base. There's a cave just ahead. The spring inside it is where Nitori lives."
"Nitori?" You're confused. Youmu doesn't explain things well at all.
"The kappa girl, Kawashiro Nitori. She's obsessed with outside-world machines, and may be able to help you."
You can see a rock face through the trees ahead. After clearing the tree line, you look up. A jagged, rocky ledge extends upward at a right angle for about 50 feet.
"Do we have to climb this?" You pray the answer is...
"No, we do not. The cave is to the left." She heads in that direction, leading you to a gaping hole in the ground. You examine your surroundings. A dense forest behind you, unscalable rock ledges to either side of you, and a hole in front of you. The cave is huge. Seriously. It's fucking huge. You could park a plane in there. Or a dragon, you think to yourself, shuddering at the thought.
"Let's go." Youmu motions you to follow her as she climbs over a rocky ledge and inside the darkness. You sigh. This girls really isn't afraid of anything, is she?
Once past the entrance, you can hardly see in front of you. The sun's light penetrates no further than 50 feet into the cave. You can hear the sound of dripping water deeper inside, the wind whistles as it blows past you, rushing towards the entrance. You follow the sound of Youmu's voice.
"This way," "Follow me," "Watch out for that rock!" She's guiding you as best she can, but without a torch, this is hopeless. You call out to her.
"Hey, why didn't we bring a torch?" No answer.
"Youmu! Are you there?" You wait. Silence.
"Goddammit, this isn't the time for jokes!" You can hear water droplets hitting the floor of the cave, and a faint and indescribable sound ahead of you. You think you can see light ahead. You scramble towards it on your hands and knees, pushing yourself over rocks and kicking away pebbles in the process. You're almost out! You can see the light ahead! Just then, the light disappears, replaced by two faintly glowing red orbs just ahead of you.
>> No. 36599
[X] "Well, hello there."
[X] "Got a cigarette? Or a light?"

Unflappable.
>> No. 36600
>>36598
[X] Call Yukari, ask what to do.
>> No. 36602
Is it time for the fight with the Pain yet? Maybe then we will have our Tommy gun.
>> No. 36606
[X] Call Yukari
>> No. 36607
[X] Call Yukari, ask what to do.
>> No. 36611
[X] Crab battle!

In seriousness though,
[X] Find cover, THEN call Yukari for advice.
>> No. 36612
[X] Call Yukari
Codec conversations pause the game, right?
>> No. 36615
[X] Find cover, THEN call Yukari for advice.
>> No. 36620
You whisper to yourself, "Hey, Yukari, are there?" The device responds back with a quiet static.
*Snoooooooooooooore* Godammit Yukari! Sleeping at a time like this! You hear a noise in the distance. A footstep? You look around, hoping to see something. Aside from those glowing balls of red light, you can see nothing. You focus on the lights, which remain motionless. More noises in the black. Behind you. Something lands on your shoulder. You jump, startled.
"Shh, be quiet." Youmu whispers into your ear.
"Where have you been?" You whisper back, "I called out for you earlier."
"Later. Keep still, don't move." Her voice sounds tense. You feel her lean against you, pushing you into the ground.
You lay prone against the cold, rocky floor of the cave, focused on the lights ahead. Youmu leans her head next to yours, you can feel her hair in your face. She grabs you by the head and turns you to face the blackness, as if to point something out to you. Looking up, you see another pair of lights, these ones green, brighter. They appear to be staring right at you. Suddenly, a voice.
"Damn, spotted! That sword lady's just too sharp for me!" You hear a click and a loud humming noise, and you see light. Too much light. So much it blinds you. The entire cave has lit up. You cover your eyes. You hear something drop in front of you.
"I could have killed you a hundred times if I wanted!" That voice again, this time joking with your life as the subject. You stand up, your eyes becoming adjusted to the light.
"That's not funny, whoever you are!" You're angry, and you make your best effort to convey it.
"Oh, he's angry. Don't mind, don't mind!" Someone grabs your hand. Your vision os blurred, but looking ahead you can make out the shape of a person. Whoever it is, they're very blue. "Follow me, this way!" Seems you don't have much choice as it is.
You're led deeper into the cave and onto a metal platform. The figure you can now clearly see lets go, and presses a button. The platform begins to descend deeper into the Earth.
"I've never seen an outsider before! Tell me, what's it like out there?" The girl looks at you, expectantly.
"How could you see us in the dark?" You examine the trickster. Almost all of her is blue. Her outfit, eyes, hair, even the hat she wears is blue.
"Oh, that was night-vision goggles. Don't tell me you don't know about them. They came from your world and everything! Have you been living under a rock or something?" She's awfully direct, is not slightly antagonistic.
"Well, taking everything into consideration, I guess you could say I've missed everything since the second World War." She looks surprised. Youmu stands off to the side, silent. Her face is expressionless. You now understand what she meant when she said that this type of person annoys her.
"That war? Wow, you must be pretty old then! You don't look old! Are you a Youkai?" She begins a barrage of questions, many of which involve words and phrases either too technical or unfamiliar to you. You don't answer them, yet respond with a question of your own.
>> No. 36623
[X] Tell her to wait for a second and scream as loud as you can "DAMNIT YUKKURI"
>> No. 36624
[X] "Hold up. If those night-vision goggles are from my world... what else has been developed since I was spirited away?"
>> No. 36625
[X] Are you going to shut up, soon?
>> No. 36626
[X]"How'd they get the nightvison that small?"

Early night vision technology was developed and used by the US army and the Germans during WWII. It was kinda crappy and bulky and only used in scopes, but assuming Snake is special forces he should know about it. Hooray, history!
>> No. 36627
[X]"How'd they get the nightvison that small?"

Right lets get on with this.
>> No. 36628
[X]"How'd they get the nightvison that small?"
>> No. 36629
"So about those goggles..." She looks at you, eagerly. "How'd they get them that small?"
"Huh?" She looks confused. "They've always been that way, haven't they?"
"No, not always. They were an experimental technology back during the war. The only set I saw was huge, about the size of a man's upper leg."
"Oh?" Her face tells you 'please continue'.
"It was mounted on a sniper rifle and used like a scope. Even then, it didn't work well enough to see in complete darkness like this cave."
"Oh? Well that sure didn't turn out to be very interesting. If you ever find out what the insides looked like, I'd want to hear more." She waved it off, just like that. Now, to business.
"Listen, err..." What was her name again?
"Nitori."
"Yeah, Nitori. I'm looking for a really powerful gun. Something that might be able to take down a dragon. Do you have anything li-" She cuts you off.
"DO I?" As if rehearsed, the elevator stops with her exclamation. Her eyes are full of stars. "Right this way, good sir! I'll show you all I've got"
That wouldn't be necessary, but you follow anyway. She starts at a small rack, loaded with gears and electrical wiring. She pulls out some strange mechanism.
"For starters, what I have here is a portal gun! I've attempted to mimic Yukari's ability to manipulate borders by emitting a pulsing electromagnetic field and projecting it onto a surface!" She lifts a finger and begins pointing to various parts of the object." By reversing it's polarity and applying a quantum field to a separate surface, one can easily walk through it like a door! Allow me to demonstrate!"
She hoists the bulky machine up onto her shoulder, faces it toward the ceiling, and presses a button on it's side. The machine glows blue, and the floor just ahead of her disappears.
"Pretty cool, huh? Now then!" She points it towards the ceiling, and presses another button. Suddenly, you can see the ceiling through the hole, but it's not the ceiling. It's what the ceiling would look like if you were staring at it from the hole in the floor. "And for the last part, HERE!" She shoves you into the hole.
You're falling. Falling towards the ceiling. Or is it the floor? All you know is that you're falling down. You can see the girls below you as you fall towards them. You brace yourself and prepare to hit the ground. You don't. Rather, you fall through the ground and begin the process all over again. Below you, Nitori rolls on the floor in laughter. You fall through the room several times before Youmu catches you. Her eyes sympathize with you.
"GODDAMMIT WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!" You yell at Nitori, who's still in a fit of laughter before you.
"Ahahahaha! That get's 'em every time hahahaha!!!" She collects herself and grabs your arm, ignoring you. "Onto the next one!" You're beginning to wish you never came here.
"GENTLEMEN! What we have here is a life-sized replica of the Metal Gear RAY!" You look ahead. Before you stands a tank. Only, it's not a tank. It has legs. A tank with legs? For an utterly foolish idea, it doesn't look half bad. "Now, I won't demonstrate this one," THANK GOD! "...but I can tell you it's capabilities!" She pulls down a screen, almost out of nowhere. The figure of the machine is drawn out on it. She begins pointing to parts of it.
"Now, I'm sure you're all aware of the fictional aspect of this machine, but after I actually built it, I've made it much more capable!" Nitori puts her hands on her hips, boasting her own technical prowess. "This one here can arm-wrestle Suika and WIN!" Youmu's eyes perk up slightly. Did you miss something?
"Not only that, I'm sure it could take on a dragon or two!" She states this matter-of-factly, like it's no big deal. "Hey, I'm sure it could even be mistaken for a dragon itself, what with it's animal-like appearance and water-driven head cannon! Truly, a weapon worthy of the Kappa race!" She motions for the two of you to follow her.
"Now here's something you might like!" She rummages through some garbage and pulls out something you recognize. A Thompson submachine gun. "What we have here is no ordinary Tommy gun! This one, my friends, uses live hornets as ammunition!"
You finally chime in. "Bees? Why does it shoot bees?" She stares at you like you just told a very lame joke.
"Why?! I'll tell ya why! Because it's FREAKING AWSOME is why!" She points it around the room and makes buzzing noises, pretending to shoot it. "Getting the beehives into the magazines was a real headache!" She rummages through the mountain of garbage again, pulling out a small round device.
"Now, this one speaks for itself!" She presses a button and disappears entirely. You follow the sound of her voice. "This, my good friends, is stealth camouflage! It allows you to do things without being seen!" Her voice leads over to Youmu. "Things like... THIS!" Youmu's skirt flips up, showing her clean white panties below. She pushes her dress back down, fighting with her invisible opponent who is trying to hold it up. The scene continues for several minutes, with Youmu growing more visibly angry and embarrassed with each passing minute.
"Alright, that's enough, isn't it? We get the idea." You chime in, trying to be the good guy.
"You're a guy, it's fine!" The invisible Nitori responds. Youmu's hand reaches for her sword. Nitori seems to notice and stops. You breathe a sigh of relief when Youmu lets go of the weapon, her face still red and her expression unreadable.
"Right, onto the next one, then!" Nitori continues forward. Youmu stands still as the two of you start to walk away.
>> No. 36630
[x] Nod your head in apology to Youmu as you walk away.
>> No. 36631
[x] Nod your head in apology to Youmu as you walk away.
>> No. 36632
[x] Nod your head in apology to Youmu as you walk away.
>> No. 36633
>>36629
>I've attempted to mimic Yukari's ability to manipulate borders by emitting a pulsing electromagnetic field and projecting it onto a surface!

Now you're thinking with Gaps.

>GENTLEMEN! What we have here is a life-sized replica of the Metal Gear RAY

Isn't it a bit early to bring out the Metal Gears? Shouldn't we be fighting them in the dozens near the end?

>What we have here is no ordinary Tommy gun! This one, my friends, uses live hornets as ammunition!

Excellent!
>> No. 36634
[x] ask Nitori if she got anything that can shoot lazers
>> No. 36635
[X] Apologize to Youmu as you follow Nitori
[X] Ask "Do you have something more convential? Like an automatic rifle or something?" or something like that.

M4 GET
>> No. 36636
TOMMY GUN!
>> No. 36638
>>36633
>Isn't it a bit early to bring out the Metal Gears? Shouldn't we be fighting them in the dozens near the end?

I may have just thrown it in for the hell of it. It may have absolutely no significance to the story whatsoever. But a Metal Gear fighting a dragon would be win.
>> No. 36640
You motion to Youmu in apology. You hold out your hand and gesture for her you follow. She jumps slightly and grabs your hand. Not quite what you had in mind, but it's not bad. You look towards her. She looks angry. Very angry. She obviously wants to say something, or cut something. You can't really tell. You shake your head. No, that's not a good idea right now. Nitori, in front of you, continues to explain more useless gadgets and devices. One in particular, which fires rabbit-sensitive homing missiles, catches your eye. You don't need something so useless. You want to narrow down your list of options.
"Hey, do you have anything like an automatic weapon?"
"You mean like a machine gun? Of course I do, but why would you want a boring weapon like that?"
"I'm used to them. I don't want to leave here with a gun that shoots chickens or something."
"A chicken gun? Hmm, haven't thought of that yet. I'll have to make one!" You wonder, what kind of person would want such a sadistic weapon? "Ah, but I do have something like a machine gun you'd probably be interested in!"
"Oh? Let's see it then." You follow her in anticipation, not sure what to expect.
"Here it is!" She pulls out something that looks like a rifle. "It's an old favorite of mine, made it back when I was in school!"
Youmu finally says something, "Since when did Kappas have a school system?"
"It doesn't matter. Here, take a look at it!" Nitori hands you the weapon. It's surprisingly lightweight. About the same weight as your pistol.
"So, what's it do?" You examine it. There's a safety and trigger, much like a normal weapon. There's a lever on the side that's unfamiliar to you.
"It shoots danmaku!" She smiles, triumphantly.
"Dan.. wha?" What the hell was that word?
"Danmaku! It's kinda like magic bullets. If you can imagine it, it'll fire it!"
"So it's an imagination gun? It really doesn't make much sense."
She grabs the gun from you. "Here, I'll show you!" She flips the strange lever and fires the weapon. Fireworks come out the barrel. "See? I thought of fireworks and it shot some!"
"Huh." You're impressed, a little.. "Can I see it again?"
She holds out the weapon without saying anything. You rest it against your elbow. If it can shoot anything, perhaps it can do that? You think of that ice fairy's trick.
"Meh, I'll give it a shot." You flip the lever like Nitori demonstrated and pull the trigger. Sure enough, a blast of cold shoots from the barrel, covering the far wall in ice crystals.
"Hey, HEY!" Nitori grabs the weapon. "If you're going to be serious then do it outside!"
Youmu looks at you. "I'm sure I've seen that idiot-looking attack somewhere before..."
"Yeah, you probably did. I copied it from an idiot, after all." You laugh.
Nitori hands you the weapon again. "Here, I'll let you borrow it."
"Really?" You're surprised. You didn't think she'd hand it over so easily.
"Yeah, just don't break it. It'll explode." You don't like the sound of that last part. "Now get out of here. I've gotta get working on that chicken gun while the idea's fresh in my mind. You two are in the way." She waves at you in dismissal and points to the elevator.
"I'm sure you can find your own way out. The lights are still on in the cave." You grab Youmu's hand and head towards the platform.
"Hey, thanks for the gun!" You shout across the room.
"Don't mention it!" She responds before turning away. You can see sparks from a welding torch light up in front of her.
Youmu breathes a sigh of relief. "One of these days I'm going to cut her down."
"Now now, there's really no need for that. She gave us this gun after all."
"Such a lack of manners, that woman!" She ignores you, muttering to herself the entire ride back up to the surface.
You eventually reach the opening of the cave, and look toward the sky. Judging by the position of the sun, it's about noon. Above you, you see a small bird land on a rocky ledge beside the cave's opening. A blue crow. At least, under this light you think it's blue. The bird stares at you.
>> No. 36641
[X] Use the imagination gun to fire a net, and capture the crow.
>> No. 36642
>>36638

DRAW IT NOW, GD.
>> No. 36645
[x] Use the codec. "Yukari! I think I've encountered some sort of bird demon. Is this a tengu? What do I do?! It's looking right at me, jesus christ!"
>> No. 36646
>>36642

I personally think Chiquita piloting a metal gear would be cooler.
>> No. 36647
Should've asked for an Optical Camouflage system of our own. Snake gets one in MGS4, y'know.
>> No. 36648
[x] "\SHAMEIMARU!/"

HAHAHA AYA-CHAN~
>> No. 36650
[X] Test new gun on bird. Make it shoot pillows.
THIS CANNOT POSSIBLY GO WRONG
>> No. 36651
[x] Use the codec. "Yukari! I think I've encountered some sort of bird demon. Is this a tengu? What do I do?! It's looking right at me, jesus christ!"
>> No. 36653
>[X] Test new gun on bird. Make it shoot semen.
>THIS CANNOT POSSIBLY GO WRONG
fixed
>> No. 36655
[x] Use the codec. "Yukari! I think I've encountered some sort of bird demon. Is this a tengu? What do I do?! It's looking right at me, jesus christ!"
>> No. 36657
>>36645
>>36651
>>36655

You stare at the bird. It glares at you with malice. You feel it will rip your throat out at any moment. You kneel down and put a hand to your ear.
"Yukari. I've...encountered some kind of bird demon. I don't think I'll be coming back alive."
*Snake are you okay?*
"Other than the gut-wrenching terror I feel at the moment. I'm fine. Oh my god, it's looking right at me."
*Snake, calm down. Its not a bird demon, it's a crow.* The bird flies towards you and perches on a ledge just above you.
"JESUS CHRIST! Its getting closer!"
*Snake!* It opens it's beak and lets loose a cry that sends a shiver down your spine.
"It'll tear me to shreds."
*Just ignore it, it's probably...*
"ARE YOU INSANE?! Just look at that massive beak! They could rip a tank apart! Jesus Christ!" Youmu stares at you like you're retarded.
*Oh, I give up.*

[ ] Be killed by the bird.
[ ] Be killed by the bird.
[ ] Be killed by the bird.
[ ] Anemia option.
[ ] Jam it in.
>> No. 36658
>>36657
lol awesome

[X] Be killed by the bird.
[X] Be killed by the bird.
[X] Be killed by the bird.
[X] Anemia option.
[X] Jam it in.
>> No. 36659
>>36657
wut
>> No. 36660
[x] Jam it in.

A bird is fine too.
>> No. 36661
[X] Jam it in.

Sexy time.
>> No. 36662
[x] Remember the basics of CQC.
[x] Be killed by the bird.
BIRD BATTLE
>> No. 36663
Out of curiosity, which route are we on?

I mean, we have the opportunity to get closer to Youmu since we're spending time with her, or maybe Yuyuko after we finish the mission.
>> No. 36664
[x] Be killed by the bird.
>> No. 36665
>>36657
Reminds me of Gordon Frohman.
>> No. 36666
[x] Laugh and stop dicking around. We have a dragon to kill.
>> No. 36667
[X] Be killed by the bird.
>> No. 36668
>>36663
I haven't really set it up by way of routes and whatnot. The way the characters interact with Snake is judged by everyone's decisions. Do something they approve of and they like you more.

You're closest to Yuyuko at the moment, although that won't open back up until later. Youmu respects you as a warrior and looks up to you, but nothing more at that point.

Also, writan [x] Be killed by the bird.
>> No. 36669
>>36668
I get a feeling that she won't respect us after this anymore.
>> No. 36670
This bird. It plans to kill you. It opens it's vicious, black beak and flies towards you. Darkness. The darkness of the bird grows and surrounds you. You feel a pinch as the bird bites into your neck. You try to move your arms to stop it, but you no longer control your own body. You can hear the sound of your own ripping flesh as the bird gnaws on the skin of your neck. God it hurts. It hurts so bad you can't concentrate on anything but the pain. You can't see. You can't move. All that is before you is blinding pain... and this bird. There is only one thing left to do.
Be killed.
Yes, be killed.
This bird.
This bird will be killed by you.
You grab it by it's tail, flinging it away from you. You grab your neck. It feels wet. Sticky. You pull your hand away. The fucking bird has drooled on your nice clean camouflage uniform. This is unforgivable. This bird. This FUCKING bird! It is an eyesore! You will shoot it! Yes, all that's left to do is pull the trigger...
"STOP!" A voice. Above you.
You no longer care. All you can think of is this bird. What you will do when you get your hands on it. The pain you will make it feel. This bird must be destroyed. You ready your weapon, drawing a bead on the pitiful creature that lay before you. One swift movement of your finger and it's life will be extinguished. You will kill that which stands in front of you. This bird. Is it a bird? No, it looks more like a woman. A woman about to kick you in the head. Pain. A sharp pain. Your ears ring. Your vision blurs. You have failed. The bird. It lives. You pass out.

----------

You awake in a dark room. At least, you think it's dark. Maybe there's something wrong with your eyes. Your head is pounding. You try to reach up to grab your throbbing head, but something restrains your arms. You try to move. You can't, something restrains not only your arms, but your feet as well. God DAMN your head hurts. You hear the rusty creak of a door opening.
>> No. 36672
[X] "I don't remember drinking enough for a hangover."
>> No. 36673
[x] "No! I must kill the birds"
>> No. 36674
>>36670
[X] Get ready for Button mashing.
>> No. 36675
>>36670

So basically, that was a futa girl disguised as a bird, wanting to fuck us in the ass. And we made her cum too early by squeezing her dick.

I don't know if I should be pleased or disappointed.
>> No. 36676
[X] "I don't remember drinking enough for a hangover."

>>36675

I like the way you think.
>> No. 36677
[x] Buttan mashan gaems.
>> No. 36678
[X] Button mashing.
>> No. 36679
[X] Use auto-fire, they won't know!
>> No. 36680
[X] "I don't remember drinking enough for a hangover."

We must be deep within the bird's lair, where it plans to do unspeakable things to us.
>> No. 36681
You prepare for the worst. You know you've been captured by someone, at the very least. You've heard rumors of what the Japanese do to prisoners of war, and it's all gruesome. You prepare yourself as best you can for whatever may happen. Rather than the pain of torture, you're met with Youmu's voice.
"Are you awake yet?" She sounds concerned, if not a little angry.
"Yeah, I think so. Why can't I see anything?"
She ignores your question. "For the time being, they've agreed to let you go, provided you don't go attacking any more familiars. Really ,what the hell were you thinking?"
"They? Familiars?" You don't understand.
"That bird you attacked was property of the Tengu. We're currently inside one of their outposts."
"Why does my head hurt, and why can't I see anything?" You try again.
"You were knocked out. Furthermore, you're tied upside down and blindfolded."
"Can you untie me?"
"I've only been permitted to speak with you at this time. You'll be released shortly."
"No questions?"
"I've already explained the situation to them. They've agreed to send one of their own as a representative."
"So they'll be keeping tabs on me?"
"In a sense, yes. It also means you may receive help if you run into trouble." You hear her walk closer. "They seem to want to test you, first. They didn't explain why, but it had something to do with the shrine on the summit."
"Great, more shrines. I'm about done with shrines" Really ,the last one gave you nothing but trouble.
*Something wrong with my shrine, Snake?* You hear Reimu's voice through the radio.
"Uhh, no. Nothing at all." You lie as best you can.
*Good, then.*
"Who are you talking to?" Youmu's voice, curious.
"An red-white voice in my head telling me not to insult the Gods."
"You should listen to that voice then. Apparently, there's real Gods at this one."
"Really?" That list comes to mind. "But I'd really like to get out of here before talking about anything else. Me head's killing me."
"I'll see what I can do." You hear footsteps, and the creaking of that blasted door again.
Several minutes pass. You try to remember what happened. Certainly, there was this bird. This awful, horrible bird. You attacked it. Why? You think for several minutes before giving up. The sound of that door again. You hear the footfalls of two people this time.
"You'd best be right about this, half-ghost." An unfamiliar voice.
"I'm sure he's fine. He won't do it again." Youmu's voice. Her tone tells you that she was directing that at you.
You hear the sound of a blade being drawn, and you hit the cold, hard ground with a thud. You can move again! You reach for the blindfold, but a hand stops you.
"You'll be leaving that on for now." That unfamiliar voice again. "I'll lead you out."
The hand that grabs you pulls you to your feet, and begins to lead you around. You can hear several whispering voices in the background, and the scent of burning wood lingers in the air. You're thrown to the ground.
"You can take it off now, we're outside."
>> No. 36682
[X] Remove blindfold.
[X] "So, you treat all your first dates like that?"
>> No. 36683
>>36681
[X] "FREEDOM! AT LEAST!"
>> No. 36684
[X] Remove blindfold.
[X] "So, you treat all your first dates like that?"
>> No. 36685
GLADIATORRRRRRRRRRRRR
[x] Take off your blindfold and prepare yourself for glorious battle.
>> No. 36686
[X] Remove blindfold.
[X] "So, you treat all your first dates like that?"

I love it.
>> No. 36689
[X] Remove blindfold.
[X] "So, you treat all your first dates like that?"

Haha we're gonna die.
>> No. 36691
[X] Remove blindfold.
[X] "So, you treat all your first dates like that?"
Smartassery always helps.
>> No. 36692
You remove the blindfold and see a beautiful landscape. You're halfway up the mountain at least, and can see an entire forest in front of you. A pillar of smoke extends upward from inside the forest. Looks like someone lives there. You turn around to face your aggressor. You see a white-haired girl, dressed in red and black. You notice a sword and shield strapped to her back.
"So, do you treat all your first dates like that?" You think it's pretty funny.
"If that first date trespasses on our mountain, yes." She responds instantly, not missing a beat.
"I meant that as a joke..." What Youmu said about the Tengu and 'their' mountain seems to be true.
"This is not a joking matter. You will follow me. My superior wishes to speak with you." No sense of humor at all, this one. She begins to jump up the side of the mountain at a pace you'd never be able to keep up with. You look around to find Youmu.
"Could you give me a hand? I don't think I'll be able to keep up with that." You point to the girl, who has stopped and is now looking down at you.
"Very well, I'll forgive your impulsiveness this once. Next time you'll be climbing it yourself." She wraps her arms around you like before, and begins to fly you up the mountain. You arrive at a small wooden cottage, placed precariously on a steep ledge. If it weren't for the support structures below, it looks like it could fall over at any second. The girl you followed stands outside the door to the strange building, motioning you inside. Youmu sets you down and follows behind you.
You walk past the girl and inside the building. It's small, but could probably accommodate ten people comfortably. The white-haired girl blocks the exit with a hand on the large sword behind her. You look around. Your equipment and that strange gun is thrown into a pile in a corner, and a small wooden table and two chairs sit in front of you. You can hear a commotion in a room to the side.
"I'll be out in a sec, make yourself comfortable." A cheerful voice comes from the room. You sit down as instructed, and Youmu stands behind the chair. More noises emanate from the back. You can hear rustling papers, breaking glass, and the voice that spoke to you earlier cursing. The door bursts open. An irritated woman stands panting in the doorway.
She regains her composure in a spit second, smiling as she walks over and sits down. "So you must be the intruder." She looks you over, her eyes settle on Youmu. "Hmm, you don't look to dangerous. Looks like the guards might have overreacted this time."
The girl from the door speaks up. "He was quarreling with one of the scouts. It looked like he was trying to kill it." The woman at the table narrows her eyes.
"Oh? Let me guess, it tried to bite you?"
"Yeah, something like that. And then I got this sudden urge to kill it."
"Well, strange urges aside, what's done is done. It might make for an interesting scoop, though."
"Scoop? You mean, like a newspaper story?" Her face turns to surprise.
"Yes, yes, something like that!" She stands up, pushing the chair behind her. She extends a hand in greeting. "Shameimaru Aya, Tengu reporter."
You stand up, shaking her hand. "Snake, dragon hunter."
"Dragon?!" She yells, surprised. "Tell me everything, right now!" She pulls out a pas of paper and starts writing something.
>> No. 36693
>>a pas of paper

A what?
>> No. 36694
>>36693
PAD, LOL
>> No. 36695
>>36693

S is right next to D. He meant pad.
>> No. 36696
[X] "I was yanked out of World War II by some gap lady. Apparently she's scared of dragons, because she doesn't want to deal with it herself."
>> No. 36697
>>36694
>>36695

...Now I see it.
>> No. 36698
[X] "I was yanked out of World War II by some gap lady. Apparently she's scared of dragons, because she doesn't want to deal with it herself."
>> No. 36699
[X] "I was yanked out of World War II by some gap lady. Apparently she's scared of dragons, because she doesn't want to deal with it herself."

it's perfect for her.
>> No. 36700
[X] "I was yanked out of World War II by some gap lady. Apparently she's scared of dragons, because she doesn't want to deal with it herself."

Add a Yukkuri in with it somewhere as well.
>> No. 36702
[X] "I was yanked out of World War II by some gap lady. Apparently she's scared of dragons, because she doesn't want to deal with it herself."
>> No. 36703
[X] "I was yanked out of World War II by some gap lady. Apparently she's scared of dragons, because she doesn't want to deal with it herself."
Also,
[X] Tell her about how your first date went. Newspapers love gossip, after all.
>> No. 36704
>Add a Yukkuri in with it somewhere as well.

If Yukari objects to what we say, just have us saying "Take it easy, Yukkuri."
>> No. 36705
>>36703
>>[X] Tell her about how your first date went. Newspapers love gossip, after all.

It'd certainly result in a kinky interpretation what with us having been hung upside down and blind folded for the majority of it.
>> No. 36706
[X] "I was yanked out of World War II by some gap lady. Apparently she's scared of dragons, because she doesn't want to deal with it herself."
>> No. 36707
"Well, long story short, I was yanked out of World War II by some gap lady. Apparently she's scared of dragons. She doesn't want to deal with it herself so she sent me instead. Reimu agreed, so I couldn't talk to her about it." You shrug. It's better than nothing. She looks amazed.
"Oooh! This is even better than the time when..." She starts to speak, and abruptly trails off, writing something.
"Yeah, and it seems like she's gotten the shrine maiden involved too. They're monitoring my progress from the shrine." Although you don't hear much from them, they seem to be doing it when they get bored enough. "Yeah, I really don't get too much help there. Yukari's always asleep when I need her. She takes things a little too easy.."
"I see, continue." Aya's writing furiously. DEFINITELY not taking it easy.
"So Youmu here is acting as a sort of bodyguard until I finish the mission, and the strange weapon over there is from the girl living in the cave, Nitori or whatever." You point to your stuff, "and that's about it. I got KO'ed after that and wound up here."
"This is big. This is REALLY BIG!" She jumps out of her chair in excitement. "Screw the other guy, I'm going with you! Momiji! Take this to the press rooms right now!" She tosses the notebook to the girl in white, who disappears through the door.
"So this other guy..." She sits back down.
"Oh, that. Lord Tenma assigned someone else to be your escort, but after hearing that I'm going to take his place. A dragon's a big deal, after all. A really big deal. It could mean the end of Gensokyo! I'd like to write a story on this." She pauses, putting a pen to her lips. "Yes, that's right. A lone warrior goes in search of a dragon, seeking revenge on the beast that killed his family!" She emphasizes her words dramatically.
"Uh, actually... That's not..."
"It's fine, it's fine! It'll make it more interesting if you have a reason to hate the dragon!"
"But making things up is..."
"Don't worry about the small things, guy!" She hits your back a couple times. You give up. She can write it however she wants, so long as you complete the mission safely.
You remember the interrogation room, "So about this shrine on top of the mountain..."
"Don't worry about it! You can do that anytime, or you can forget about it. It's fine with me. I'll just make something up!" Some people really can be too creative for their own good...
"Right, but after this I'm not exactly sure where to go. I'm sure Reimu mentioned you in passing, along with some Death God or something, but after that, I'm about out of leads."
"Well, you've come to the right place then. I know everything about this place!" She smiles, boasting.
"Well, if I would want to find a dragon, who should I find?"
"Well, those vampires are no good. They moved in a short while ago and probably haven't seen a dragon in their entire lives. The people in the shrine above us are probably no good either. Haven't even been in this world for a year. The priestess there used to live in the outside world, though. She might be able to fill you in on what's happened since your time. Ah! And that lazy Death God's killed a dragon or two in her time."
"We should probably go there, then. If she's killed one.."
"Nah, she's no good. Trying to get anything out of her would be like squeezing a stone out of hibernation. I don't want to get near that boss of hers, either. All she does is scream and yell about sins and what people do wrong. I guess it comes with the job. So, in the end, pretty much everywhere is no good. Aimlessly searching for a dragon isn't going to be much better. I'll go where you go, so don't mind me."
>> No. 36708
[X] Head to Moriya Shrine

Time to figure out what's been going on outside, and gather some intel on what we might REALLY be up against. After that, we can head down to muenzuka and hit up Komachi.
>> No. 36709
[x] Ask Youmu if she has any good ideas.
>> No. 36710
[X] Next stop, Eientei. Maybe those moon folks can lend us a clue.
>> No. 36711
[X] Head to Moriya Shrine

Oh this'll be interesting.
>> No. 36712
[x] Head to Moriya Shrine
>> No. 36714
Considering what she uses as her symbol, we ought to get along famously with Kanako.
>> No. 36716
[ ] Go to the Lake
>> No. 36717
[x] Head to Moriya Shrine
>> No. 36718
[x] Head to Moriya Shrine

>>36714
>Considering what she uses as her symbol, we ought to get along famously with Kanako.
Patron Goddess GET
>> No. 36723
"Well, for now I'll just keep going up the mountain. I'm already this far, so I might as well keep going." You stretch, lazily.
"I'll show you a quick way up then. It'll take you in behind the shrine. It'll be perfect for a sneaking mission like yours!" She leans her chair back, resting her feet on the table.
"I'd appreciate that. Any thoughts there, Youmu?"
The previously ignored Youmu adds to the previous conversation. "You forgot Eientei and the forest of magic, Miss Aya."
"Ah, did I? Well, they're not too important right now. I'm sure moon people and magicians wouldn't know about a dragon." She says this matter-of-factly, like she knows it's true. "In any case, you two can spend the night here. I can have Momiji try to make something when she gets back."
"Ah, if it's cooking, I can handle it." Youmu speaks from behind you.
"Really? Well, if you don't mind. The kitchen's back that way, although there's not much to choose from." She points to a closed door behind her, next to the one she came out of.
"I'm sure I can manage." Youmu walks to the door and disappears through it.
"Those ghost tricks of hers bother you, Snake?" Aya looks back at you.
"Not really. I hardly even notice. It's her driving that leaves much to be desired." You remember the flight down from the Netherworld and shudder. Aya laughs.
"Yeah, she's all about speed and power, that girl."
"I can hear you out there." Youmu shouts through the door. Aya covers her mouth, jokingly.
"For now, I'll show you around. It's a small house, but I'm sure we can figure something out." She stands up, you follow behind her through the house.
She leads you on a small tour of the place. The house has a small shower and bathroom, a kitchen with the large room you were just in outside of it, and a small room with military-style bunk beds lined against the wall. She doesn't show you into the room she first came out of, so you ask, curiously.
"What's in that room over there?" You point to the door.
"Ah, that's my workroom. It's a bit of a mess, so I'd rather not show it off until it's cleaned up."
"And how do you have running water in this place?"
"The shrine on the mountain provides it for us. They're really good people even if we don't know anything about them."
Youmu opens the kitchen door. "Foods done," she says with a smile. The four of you eat together. At some point and time, the white-haired girl, Momiji, must have come back. You didn't see or hear her walk in.
By the time you've finished eating, it's already dark. Aya motions you to the shower room. You follow her advice and bathe yourself. Even if the place has running water, you find out the hard way that none of it's hot. You're used to cold showers, but just a little surprised. You dry yourself off and dress quickly. The others take turns using the shower before heading towards the beds. You're surprised at how utilitarian this shack is. While the others wait for the showers, you head off towards the bedroom, falling asleep by yourself on the top bunk.

----------

You wake with a start. Looking around, it would seem you've fallen off your bed. Not only that, it would seem you've forced the others awake as well. They must have come into the room while you were out. Youmu jumps out of the bed below the one you fell from and helps you to your feet. Aya looks half-dazed, and Momiji's growling at you. Growling like a dog. Now that you think of it, the hair on the top of her head looks a lot like the ears of a wild dog.
>> No. 36731
[x] Apologize for waking everyone. Figure out what the hell woke you up.
>> No. 36735
[X] "I hate it when I dream about those fucking grenades. I always end up lunging in one direction in my sleep. Sorry about that."
>> No. 36737
{ } Yukari? Do you read me? Yukari?
>> No. 36739
>>36723

Snake: "What the fuck just happened?"
>> No. 36740
[x] Apologize for waking everyone. Figure out what the hell woke you up.
>> No. 36746
[x] Apologize for waking everyone. Figure out what the hell woke you up.
[X] "I hate it when I dream about those fucking grenades. I always end up lunging in one direction in my sleep. Sorry about that."
>> No. 36752
[x] Apologize for waking everyone. Figure out what the hell woke you up.
[X] "I hate it when I dream about those fucking grenades. I always end up lunging in one direction in my sleep. Sorry about that."
>> No. 36755
[x] Apologize for waking everyone. Figure out what the hell woke you up.
[X] "I hate it when I dream about those fucking grenades. I always end up lunging in one direction in my sleep. Sorry about that."
>> No. 36774
You apologize for the noise you made.
"The sun's out, so don't worry about it." Youmu replies, writing off your impromptu wake-up call as if she'd expected it.
Momiji slowly pulls herself from her bed, staring at you silently before helping Aya to her feet. You try to remember what woke you. It was probably... You remember a dream about the war. A battle you fought at some time and place. You've had this dream before. You always wake up when...
"Again, I apologize. It was probably because of the grenades in my dream. They always wake me up like that." You lie. Nothing of the sort happened in the dream. You just want to spare them the worry.
"Grenades?" Aya looks at you, half-asleep. She probably didn't understand what you just said. "Yeah, 'v got a few 'ere.." She stumbles out of the room.
"Is she always like this in the mornings?" You turn to Momiji, who continues to stare at you suspiciously.
"Yes. No further questions for now. Next time you wake us, try to be more careful. Loud noises bother me." There's a hint of a threat to her voice. The look on her face earlier verifies the possibility.
You walk out of the room, followed by Youmu. Momiji stays behind and starts to make the beds. Aya walks out of her workroom with a belt of grenades.
"Here you go!" She seems to be fully awake now. Although you hadn't planned for this, and are slightly curious as to why she has them, you take the grenades and drape them over your shoulder. "We should probably get going. We'll need to climb the rest of the way on foot." Youmu looks at her as if she wants to say something.
"Why can't we just fly?" You chime in.
"The Gods there put up a barrier after the last incident. Everything that can't fly on it's own power falls to the ground. That means anything without wings is done for."
"I see. Hey, aren't the Tengu like bird creatures or something?"
"Some of us. There's all different variation of Tengu living together here. I'm sure the details of our society would bore you."
"But, you can fly right?"
"I can, yes. Being a crow, it's only natural for me to have wings."
"A crow..." You remember the bird demon from earlier, "Hey, you aren't that bird I fought earlier, are you?"
"Nope. What I look like now is what I always look like." She waves her hand in dismissal, "Who's ever heard of a Youkai that can change it's shape?"
"Uhh..." You thought it was possible for a second there. "Right. We should get going."
"Indeed." Youmu nods in agreement and heads for the door hastily.
"I guess that settles it. If the half-ghost wants to leave that quickly..." She looks towards the bedroom. "Momiji and I will head up first. We've some business to tend to at the shrine." She stands up and heads toward the door. Momiji peeks out from the bedroom and rushes to Aya's side.
You follow them through the door. From Aya's back sprouts two large black wings. "I'll meet you at the top then." She matter-of-factly states this before shooting upwards through the sky. Momiji starts jumping up the rock slope close behind. You'd be speechless, but you're starting to get used to these weird happenings. You return inside, grab your gear, and begin the climb to the summit with Youmu close behind.

----------

That's it for now. I'll try to be back sometime tomorrow, provided I don't have work or anything.
>> No. 36775
[x] Apologize for waking everyone. Figure out what the hell woke you up.
[X] "I hate it when I dream about those fucking grenades. I always end up lunging in one direction in my sleep. Sorry about that."
>> No. 36783
>>36775
Damn slowdowns.
>> No. 36814
[X] Inventory
[X] Whistle "Over There"
[X] "So, what's up with those two?"

[X] Think if the gun would recoil if you fired 155mm shells out of it
>> No. 36818
[x] You're the only one so far that is referred to by a code name. Isn't it sad, Snake? Ask your comrade-in-arms, Youmu, if you can refer to her as Gray Fox for the rest of the mission.
>> No. 36862
[x] \SHAMEIMARU/
>> No. 36870
[x] You're the only one so far that is referred to by a code name. Isn't it sad, Snake? Ask your comrade-in-arms, Youmu, if you can refer to her as Gray Fox for the rest of the mission.

"See, you're quick like a fox and you're hair is gray. It makes perfect sense!"
>> No. 36878
>>36870
>>"See, you're quick like a fox and you're hair is gray. It makes perfect sense!"
>>and you're hair is gray.
>>you're

ಠ_ಠ

Anyways,

[x] You're the only one so far that is referred to by a code name. Isn't it sad, Snake? Ask your comrade-in-arms, Youmu, if you can refer to her as Gray Fox for the rest of the mission.
>> No. 36882
[x] You're the only one so far that is referred to by a code name. Isn't it sad, Snake? Ask your comrade-in-arms, Youmu, if you can refer to her as Gray Fox for the rest of the mission.

Aya can be Black Hawk, too.
>> No. 36887
>>36878

Goddamn it, some English major I am. You get my point.
>> No. 37053
[x] You're the only one so far that is referred to by a code name. Isn't it sad, Snake? Ask your comrade-in-arms, Youmu, if you can refer to her as Gray Fox for the rest of the mission.

So does this mean that she will challenge us to another fistfight later on?
>> No. 37101
Up early today, continuing from where I left off.

----------

You reach the summit of the mountain after several arduous hours of climbing. You're tired, and want to have a drink and sleep the rest of the day. You look over the shrine ahead of you. Closest to you is a small building, the purpose of which is indeterminate. Judging by it's size and lack of decoration, it's probably a tool-shed or something. Further ahead is a large lake and a much larger building, probably the shrine itself. You're far enough behind the shrine that nobody will see you in the tree cover, but you can see movement ahead. By the large building, the girl called Momiji seems to be talking to someone. You can't make out the details. Youmu is on guard just behind you, and Aya is in a tree above you. You think for a second.
"Hey, you two, get over here." You wave over Aya and Youmu.
"What is it, Snake?" Youmu asks, curiously.
"This isn't right. If this is going to be a true infiltration mission we all need code-names. I feel lonely being the only one with one."
"All right, I suppose that's fine. Although everyone around here knows our real names already. It won't really serve much of a purpose." Youmu looks at you like you're an idiot.
"Doesn't matter. Code-names are important. You need to come up with ones before we go any further."
"Hey, I've got an old pen name I can use." Aya chimes in.
"No, that's no good. It needs to be new. It needs to be cool. It has to sound stealthy!"
"I've got an idea then. Since you're Snake, I'll be 'Gray Fox.'" Youmu puts a hand to her face, laughing at a joke you don't know.
"Funny, you seem more like a 'Raiden' to me." Aya snickers. "You have the sword and hair for it."
"NO! I will not be Raiden. Nobody likes Raiden!" Youmu suddenly becomes defensive.
"All right, all right. Geez, I didn't think you hated him that much." Aya lets out a small laugh.
"I suppose you could be something like 'Black Hawk.'" You look to Aya.
"Naah, I want something that says 'crow'." She scratches her chin. "Hmm, I think I'll go with 'Raging Raven,' considering the current naming scheme."
"You can't choose one from the new game! It's not even out yet!" Youmu glares at Aya.
"Oh ho, jealous much?" Aya covers her mouth.
"I like it, it fits. 'Raging' doesn't sound very stealthy, though." You turn back to face the shrine. "We all have code-names now so it's fine. Now we can continue with the mission. Which one of you knows more about this place?"
"That would probably be Reimu. She assaulted the joint when they moved in last fall."
You put a hand to your ear. "Yukari, is Reimu there?"
*Oh, Snake! Erm, actually, she's just run off. Said she had business to tend to.*
"Business? What kind of business?"
*Not too sure myself. She said something about a cave and all hell breaking loose before flying out the door.*
"Hmm..." You scratch your head. "Well, since she's not around, does anyone else there know about the shrine on the mountain?"
*Moriya shrine? I don't know much aside from the name. I don't think you'll need to worry too much so long as you don't run in guns blazing.*
"Figures..." You wanted to test out that gun, too. You wonder how well it would handle naval gun shells. You add in, sarcastically. "I guess I'll just waltz on down and say 'hi'."
*That might actually work. Good idea, Snake!*
You look over the structures again. The forest behind it extends all the way to the main building, with only a small clear area behind it. You could sneak down from there. You also notice the lake. If you're willing to take the risk, you can swim the lake and cross through a small section of standing logs.

[ ] Swim the lake
[ ] Sneak through the trees
[ ] Waltz in and say hello
[ ] Rambo option
>> No. 37103
File 121199054132.jpg - (44.04KB , 600x450 , obliviongreycowl.jpg ) [iqdb]
37103
>>37101
>I'll be Gray Fox

...
>> No. 37104
[X] Waltz in and say hello.

Taking a dip in the sacred lake is bad. That's blasphemy.
>> No. 37105
[X] Kick the door down "THIS PARTY'S ABOUT TO GET ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!"
[X] Shoot at the ceiling while shouting
>> No. 37107
>>37105

We are not Nanayanonmous.

[X] Sneak through the trees.
>> No. 37108
Taking a dip in the sacred lake is bad. That's blasphemy.

And that's exactly why were gonna do it.
[x] Lake
>> No. 37109
File 121199080034.jpg - (384.58KB , 1280x1024 , criminal_scum.jpg ) [iqdb]
37109
>>37103
>> No. 37110
[X] Sneak through the trees.
We will become one with the trees, the tree is us, we are the tree, no one will see it coming.
>> No. 37113
[x] Waltz in and say hello

Literally waltz in.
>> No. 37117
[ ] Sneak through the trees
[ ] Apply camo paint first.
>> No. 37118
[x] Waltz in and say hello
>> No. 37120
[x] Waltz in with Aya and say hello
>> No. 37125
[X] Sneak through the trees.
>> No. 37126
>We will become one with the trees, the tree is us, we are the tree, no one will see it coming.

The Trees will...

[x] Waltz in and say hello
>> No. 37128
A short one for now. I've got something to take care of, so I'll be busy for an hour or two.

----------

Figure of speech aside, you'd probably fare better with a more direct approach. You stand up and head for the main building.
"Hey, what are you-" Youmu tries to protest, but stops herself as if she realized something.
"Ah, well, let's just follow him and see what happens." Aya steps down from her perch and follows behind you.
The three of you walk towards the shrine. Momiji has distracted the resident, so it's probably fine if y-
A voice behind you, coming from the small shed. You freeze and turn around slowly, expecting danger. Nobody's there. You hear laughter coming from inside the building. It seems the place is occupied.
>> No. 37142
>"Figures..." You wanted to test out that gun, too. You wonder how well it would handle naval gun shells.

ONCE THE MONTANA-CLASS IS MASS PRODUCED
>> No. 37455
[X] "Hello, show yourself so that we can negotiate the terms of your surrender. Behind me is an Army of Tengu and we are ready to storm this place, better give up."
>> No. 38520
>>37455
Seconded.
>> No. 38547
Writing, new thread, soon, etc.