[Return]
Archived Thread

File 121131120374.jpg - (332.26KB , 899x1250 , 1205779003855.jpg ) [iqdb]
33984 No. 33984
About time for the second thread, wouldn't you say so?

[X] Apologize

It would be stupid to run from someone that could also fly. Nothing would stop her from choosing someone to go after and chasing them down, and with any luck it would be you. You'd rather stay and apologize then suffer any punishment she might have in store for you.

"Go!" you hear Sunny say moments before you hear the various other fairies get up and scatter away, laughing the whole time. Keine moves like she's getting ready to chase someone, then notices you, remaining where you were sitting.

"Hmm? You're not running away?" she asks you.

"No, I, well... I'm sorry." You say, rather sincerely at that.

Keine watches you for a few more seconds, then sighs with a shrug.

"Honestly, I'm glad you apologized," she says. "It's always the same with those fairies. They play a trick on someone, get caught, then scatter and meet back at their clearing in the forest. When they get caught there, they get punished, and they all blame each other for being the one that was followed."

Keine gives a small laugh.

"It's actually pretty common knowledge where they gather. It's almost required knowledge for business owners. 'If weird things happen, blame the fairies of the clearing.'"

You imagine everyone else has managed to get back to the clearing by now and are probably celebrating a trick well played. You wonder if they've noticed you're not there.

"I'm not going to chase them today, for your sake. I'll let them have their victory today." Keine says, crouching down. "Just be a good girl in the future."

With that, she returns to the air and floats down the side of the building, leaving you on the roof. Well, that went better than you expected at least. Though now you're alone for once. The other fairies are probably still at the clearing waiting for you, but you might not have a chance to do some looking around on your own for a while. That witch Marisa is also probably still in town as well, maybe you could find her. As strange as she was, she was pretty interesting.

[] Return to the clearing
[] Explore
[] Try to find Marisa

>> No. 33985
[X] Explore
let's go meet the other Touhous
>> No. 33986
[x] Explore

What a nice cow.
>> No. 33987
[] Return to the clearing
>> No. 33988
[x] Explore

Go find a puppet show to disrupt
>> No. 33989
[x] Explore
>> No. 33991
[] Return to the clearing
>> No. 33992
So...when do we have the chance to get to know Cirnos body a bit more? Let's face it, if you would wake up in Cirnos body you would schlick like no tomorrow at some point
>> No. 33993
[x] Explore

Exploran gaems.
>> No. 33994
[x] Explore
>> No. 33996
>>33992

Assuming you knew who Cirno was in the first place and were more concerned with playing with yourself than figuring out how to survive in an unfamiliar world.
>> No. 33997
[x] Explore(self)
>> No. 33998
[] Explore
>> No. 34002
[X] Explore

You decide it would be best to see the world for yourself at this point. You could always try to find them again later anyway. You fly away from the school and head over the village, looking around at the landscape. Directly below you is the village, which is surprisingly large. Extending away from the village are a number of roads. One leads to farmland, another leads off towards a mountain range. Yet another road leads towards a distant building at the edge of the forest.

Then there's the forest itself. You can see a few scattered buildings near it's edges, and even a few just inside the treeline. Nearly hidden within the trees you can spot what looks like a short tower, and further away from said tower you can just barely spot a wisp of smoke. You then recall the lake you woke near, and the red house located on the opposing bank from where you were.

Near the village, on the other side, opposite the forest, is a thicket of bamboo overflowing with mist. There are no roads leading to it, but there are a few small buildings at it's edges. It doesn't look very welcoming, but it does look interesting.

[] Head into the village
[] Head for the tower in the woods
[] Head for the wispy smoke
[] Find the red house on the lake
[] Follow the road to the mountains
[] Follow the road to the building by the forest
[] Fly to the bamboo forest
>> No. 34007
[x] Head for the wispy smoke

What's cookin?
>> No. 34009
[X] Head for the tower in the woods.

Only remotely tower looking thing in the Forest that I can think of is the one attached to Alice's house.
>> No. 34010
[] Fly to the bamboo forest
>> No. 34011
File 121131302094.png - (199.85KB , 707x730 , 1211305566480.png ) [iqdb]
34011
[x] Follow the road to the mountains

YES
>> No. 34013
[X] Follow the road to the mountains
>> No. 34015
[x] Fly to the bamboo forest
I want to cause a TIME PARADOX by encountering one of our other potential possession targets.
>> No. 34019
[x] Follow the road to the mountains
>> No. 34021
[] Head for the wispy smoke
>> No. 34022
[x] Fly to the bamboo forest

Into the mist!
>> No. 34023
File 121131420824.jpg - (44.58KB , 504x640 , nitori_b.jpg ) [iqdb]
34023
[x] Follow the road to the mountains

Fairy loev Kappa
>> No. 34024
[x] Follow the road to the mountains
>> No. 34026
[z] Follow the road to the mountains
>> No. 34028
[x] Follow the road to the mountains

The road to the mountain looks good. Even from this distance you can see a rather large waterfall, and decide that if anything else, at least this place will be good looking to fly around. You fly your way towards it, low enough to see the road beneath you.

It takes you several minutes to reach the base of the mountain, but by the time you do you notice a rather powerful smell of food in the air. You look around the area, but you don't see any houses, so why do you smell sweet potatoes? You brush the thought off, maybe someone is hiding out in the forest near the base and cooking them for whatever reason.

The mountain itself has a rather neatly groomed pathway leading up it. You can see a few small building like objects dotting the road every so often, and wonder why they're supposed to be for. An idle thought of roadside shrines comes to you as a piece of minor Japanese trivia. Could that be what this is? If that's the case, then this is a pretty weird parallel world.

You fly up the mountain road for a while, stopping every once in a while to check out some movement you see along the road. Most of the time it's fairies playing among the trees. A few times they see you and call out to you to join them, and only once did the fairies fly up and fly along with you, laughing the entire way. You feel a little awkward the whole time. If this is how fairies are supposed to be acting, then as a new fairy, should you really be acting the same way? Daiyousei and the other three didn't seem too concerned with how you were acting, so maybe whoever you were supposed to be was a more serious fairy, as absurd as that was to consider.

You're still lost in thought when a voice calls out to you.

"Hey, Cirno!"

You look around for the source of the voice and see a woman flying along behind you, a crow soaring just above her.

"Fancy seeing you out here. You coming in to do a special interview?"

What? Interview? Is this woman some kind of reporter? You catch a glimpse of a camera tucked into a pocket, and a notebook filled with markers and folded papers clenched under one arm. She sure looked the part.

"I'm just taking a look around." you say. Well, it was the truth after all.

"Hmm, so even 'The Strongest' likes to relax every so often too. You heading up to the Moriya shrine?"

So there's a shrine up here somewhere? Sounds like that'd be an interesting place to stop off, if only to see it.

"I've got some prints to run, so if you want to come in and get a special interview in before we go to press, now's your chance!"

The thought of having a random interview for an apparent newspaper amuses you, even though you have no idea what you'd say or even why you'd be interviewed. Still, this could be something worthwhile.

[] Go to the shrine
[] Interview with The Strongest!
>> No. 34029
[] Interview with The Strongest!
>> No. 34030
[X] Interview with The Strongest!
>> No. 34031
[] Interview with The Strongest!
>> No. 34032
[x] Go to the shrine

HELLO THERE FROG GODDESS
>> No. 34033
[x] Interview with The Strongest!

Time to spin a yarn.
>> No. 34034
[X] Interview with The Strongest!

We can tell her about our dream.
>> No. 34035
[X] Interview with The Strongest!
The outcome will be interesting.
>> No. 34036
[x] Go to the shrine

Chill with Suwako.
>> No. 34039
[X] Interview with The Strongest!

The interview sounded like too good of an idea to pass up. The shrine will

always be there and you could always go there afterwards, but this was a one

shot thing and you had no idea if you would have another chance at it.

"I'll give you an interview then." you say. The woman smiles and flies ahead,

turning towards the direction of the waterfall.

"This way then Cirno!"

You follow her, though you find that it's hard for you to keep up with her.

She's just so much faster than you are, she has to periodically slow down jsut

to make sure you're still behind her. Before too long, the two of you reach the

top of the waterfall where you find a rather large looking building built along

side of it.

"Here we are then," she says, flying towards the building. It didn't look much

like a newspaper office of any kind, but it didn't really bother you. The woman

flies down and lands near the building, and you hover down next to her. She

slides open a door, and immediately she's greeted by a white haired girl with

large dog ears.

"Aya, about time you got back, jeez!" she says, a large fluffy white tail flicking behind her. "I've already heard you were coming but for the Fastest in Gensokyo you sure are slow! We need to start printing now!"

'Aya' simply chuckled, waving her hand in a dismissive manner.

"Calm down Momizi, I was just setting up our headlining article, 'The Strongest in Gensokyo speaks out!'" Aya says, gesturing back towards you. "I'm going to print an interview with her to take up our front page. You can shift that story about the witch to the third page or something."

'Momizi' looks a bit annoyed by this, but doesn't say anything more but simply bows and jogs off into the building. Only now did you notice the rather uncomfortable looking shoes she was wearing. Aya begins to walk further into the building, and you tail after her. After a few turns, she slides open a door to a room overlooking the river. It's almost entirely lined with pictures, an entire wall dedicated to pictures of various people surrounded by bizarre patterns of light. At a casual glance, you notice Keine in a few pictures, radiating what looks like lasers. In retrospect, you are really glad you didn't run now. Lasers? Jesus christ.

"You like the pictures I have of you?"

You look at Aya with a confused expression, then look backa t the wall. It takes you a few seconds, but you see a picture of someone in similar clothes to yours in one picture, and then see a few more. All of them are also filled with blurred chunks of ice and glowing lights. It looks like a photoshop, but if you can actually do things like that, you'd really need to remember how. That's something for you to remember later.

"Let's get started then. I want you to tell me a bit about yourself, maybe a little bit of what you do in a day, how you like to pass the time, and anything else that would be interesting for the readers."

MULTIPLE CHOICE TIME
Select your preferred responses from each section:

Who?

[] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[] "I'm Cirno, and I'm an ice fairy."
[] "I'm Cirno, and I'm the strongest!"
[] Other - Include line.

Daily routine:

[] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[] "I hang out around a lake and play with my friends."
[] "I own a lake, and every day I display my awesome power!"
[] Other - Include line.

Pass the time:

[] "I'm just wandering around trying to make sense of everything and maybe find some way to get out of this weird world alive."
[] "I like to fly around and take in the sights, relax in the forest and have a good time with my friends."
[] "I'm always challenging other fairies to tests of skill, or playing tricks on humans and getting away with it!"
[] Other - Include line.

Anything interesting?

[] "I had a strange dream and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."
[] "I had a dream that an entire desert was frozen over by a snowflake."
[] "I dreamt I froze an entire desert with a snowflake!"
[] Other - Include line
>> No. 34040
Hmm, maybe I shouldn't write these in notepad. Anyway, will return in a few minutes, cleaning.
>> No. 34041
[] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[] "I'm just wandering around trying to make sense of everything and maybe find some way to get out of this weird world alive."
[] "I had a strange dream and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."

TRUTH TELLAN GAEMS
>> No. 34042
[] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[] "I'm just wandering around trying to make sense of everything and maybe find some way to get out of this weird world alive."
[] "I had a strange dream and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."

I want to see what happens when we tell the truth. Other than Komachi finding and dragging us back to the yamaxandu.
>> No. 34044
[X] "I'm Cirno, and I'm the strongest!"
[X] "I own a lake, and every day I display my awesome power!"
[X] "I'm always challenging other fairies to tests of skill, or playing tricks on humans and getting away with it!"
[X] "I dreamt I froze an entire desert with a snowflake!"
>> No. 34045
Who?:
[] "I'm Cirno, and I'm an ice fairy."

Daily routine:
[] "I hang out around a lake and play with my friends."

Anything interesting?
[] "I had a dream that an entire desert was frozen over by a snowflake."

Boring answers go!
>> No. 34046
>>34040

Write it in the message box and copy it in case of a board fuck up.
>> No. 34047
[x] "I'm Cirno, and I'm the strongest!"
[x] "I own a lake, and every day I display my awesome power!"
[x] "I'm always challenging other fairies to tests of skill, or playing tricks on humans and getting away with it!"
[x] "I dreamt I froze an entire desert with a snowflake!"

We are the little girl
Why give up a great opportunity?
>> No. 34048
[z] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[z] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[z] "I'm just wandering around trying to make sense of everything and maybe find some way to get out of this weird world alive."
[z] "I had a strange dream and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."
>> No. 34049
[x] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[x] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[x] "I'm just wandering around trying to make sense of everything and maybe find some way to get out of this weird world alive."
[x] "I had a strange dream and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."
Aya's going to laugh her ass off and then bitchslap us and demand we tell the truth. I can see it now.
>> No. 34051
>>34047

There's plenty of other oppurtunities to become multiple little girls.

I'd fucking laugh if we managed to possess Yukari or Yuyuko though.
>> No. 34052
[X] "I'm Cirno, and I'm the strongest!"
[X] "I own a lake, and every day I display my awesome power!"
[X] "I'm always challenging other fairies to tests of skill, or playing tricks on humans and getting away with it!"
[X] "I dreamt I froze an entire desert with a snowflake!"

Change all I's to Aye's.
>> No. 34053
[X] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[X] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[X] Other - "I'm wandering around trying to figure out what happened, while simultaneously taking advantage of the situation to have fun and cause mischief. Care to join me?"
[X] Other - "I dreamed that a single snowflake froze an entire desert, and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."

Still tellin' truths.
>> No. 34054
[] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[] "I'm just wandering around trying to make sense of everything and maybe find some way to get out of this weird world alive."
[] "I had a strange dream and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."

this
>> No. 34055
[x] "I'm Cirno, and I'm the strongest!"
[x] "I own a lake, and every day I display my awesome power!"
[x] "I'm always challenging other fairies to tests of skill, or playing tricks on humans and getting away with it!"
[x] "I dreamt I froze an entire desert with a snowflake!"
>> No. 34056
[X] "I'm Cirno, and I'm the strongest!"
[X] "I own a lake, and every day I display my awesome power!"
[X] "I'm always challenging other fairies to tests of skill, or playing tricks on humans and getting away with it!"
[X] "I dreamt I froze an entire desert with a snowflake!"
>> No. 34057
[X] "I'm Cirno, and I'm the strongest!"
[X] "I own a lake, and every day I display my awesome power!"
[X] "I'm always challenging other fairies to tests of skill, or playing tricks on humans and getting away with it!"
[X] "I dreamt I froze an entire desert with a snowflake!"

We've got chance to act like a true ⑨ and you want to tell the truth?
Also EZMode, great story so far.
>> No. 34058
>>34046
Or just write it in Wordpad.
>> No. 34059
[X] "I'm Cirno, and I'm the strongest!"
[X] "I own a lake, and every day I display my awesome power!"
[X] "I'm always challenging other fairies to tests of skill, or playing tricks on humans and getting away with it!"
[X] "I dreamt I froze an entire desert with a snowflake!"

Awesome.
>> No. 34060
[] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[] "I'm just wandering around trying to make sense of everything and maybe find some way to get out of this weird world alive."
[] "I had a strange dream and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."
>> No. 34061
I leave to clean and come back to another mess, oh boy. At least this is moving in an interesting direction now.
>> No. 34062
>>34061
Hooray!
>> No. 34063
[x] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[x] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[x] "I'm just wandering around trying to make sense of everything and maybe find some way to get out of this weird world alive."
[x] "I had a strange dream and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."

Boring and typical ⑨ answers are boring and typical. Let's give Aya one hell of a surprise.
>> No. 34064
[X] "My name is [Anonymous], and I'm a dead spirit trapped in the body of a little girl."
[X] "I don't really know, I've only been here for a few hours. I'm trying not to get caught."
[X] Other - "I'm wandering around trying to figure out what happened, while simultaneously taking advantage of the situation to have fun and cause mischief. Care to join me?"
[X] Other - "I dreamed that a single snowflake froze an entire desert, and woke up in Cirno's body. It's really bizarre."

You decide to tell the real truth. It's outlandish, and it'll surely make a good newspaper article. For a moment, you feel a bit of regret for giving up the ghost, so to speak, but at least you feel a little better about your situation. Aya has been staring at you since you started your little story, and stopped writing about halfway through. You feel a little embarrassed now, maybe you should have made something up.

"I like it!" Aya exclaims.

What.

"This is perfect! A mysterious ghost possession case so soon after that flower incident, people will love this story!" Aya said, standing from her desk and walking over to you. "You've really got a creative mind, and here I was thinking you were just a dumb ice fairy. You know, you could do great work here at Bunbunmaru as long as you can keep on coming up with interesting stories like that!"

Ah, you get it now. It's more of a tabloid paper, well, at least no one else will take you too seriously now.

Aya goes back to her desk and continues writing. You take a few steps closer and try to take a look at it. From your angle and distance, it's kind of hard to make out, but you notice she's already exaggerating details. 'Nameless Spirit', 'terrible cursed soul', 'possessing innocent fairies'. Oh boy, this is a headliner for sure. Regardless, it's become something interesting none the less. Once Aya's done writing, she strides towards the door.

"So, just walk around here and enjoy yourself for a bit, I'll be back shortly." With that, she exits the room. You can hear her walking down the hallway, calling out to Momizi. Well, you have some time to kill until she comes back. You look back at the wall of pictures. You didn't really get too good of a look at those before. You also notice a bunch of newspaper clippings intermixed with the pictures, and an open book on a small table filled with more clippings. You look over her desk, and notice a rather unique looking fan laying on it. It is kind of warm in the room, but the temptation to rummage through her desk is also pretty enticing.

[] Look at the pictures on the wall.
[] Read the clippings
[] Fan yourself
[] Look through the desk
>> No. 34066
[X] Stalk Aya.
>> No. 34067
[] Fan yourself
Tengu fanning oneself might be foolish but what the heck
>> No. 34068
[] Fan yourself
>> No. 34070
[X] Fan yourself

This can't go wrong.
>> No. 34071
[z] Fan yourself
>> No. 34072
[x] Look at the pictures on the wall
[x] Fan yourself
Lunatic Modo has begun.
>> No. 34073
[x] Fan yourself

DECAPITATION HOOOO~
>> No. 34074
[x] Fan yourself

Blown away
>> No. 34076
[X] Fan yourself

Maybe it's because you're an ice fairy, but you find it a little warm in here. A little too warm for comfort actually. You eye the fan on the desk. It's pretty ornate as far as fans go, with a handle wrapped in some kind of red cord and a gold plated looking base that holds five leaf-shaped blades. Must be some kind of custom fan, though you wonder why someone would pay to have something like it made. You pick it up.

It's a bit heavier than you expected it would be, but it seems well balanced. It actually looks pretty well suited to creating a nice breeze too. You except it to make a rather nice fan. What you got instead was a gale force wind to the face. You're knocked back instantly, the sudden jerk back swinging the fan again and creating a more powerful gust. You're blown off your feet and sent hurtling back into, and through, the wall behind you, while pictures and paper clippings scatter all throughout the room like a bomb went off. You hit the floor in the other room and roll, smacking your head off the opposing wall. You can hear voices throughout the entire building.

"What the hell was that?"

"Sounded like it came from Aya's office!"

"Everyone find out what happened!"

You can't hang on long enough to see anyone come looking, however. You quickly lose consciousness and fade into a dream.

[] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.
[] You dream of a blue rocket flying into the endless reaches of space.
[] You dream of a dim hall lined with straw training dummies.
[] You dream of a clockwork dog running through a river of blood.
[] You dream of nothing.
>> No. 34079
[X] You dream of a dim hall lined with straw training dummies.

I'm a little less sure on who this could than I am on the others, so this ought to be fun.
>> No. 34080
[] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.
>> No. 34081
[] You dream of a clockwork dog running through a river of blood.
>> No. 34083
[] You dream of nothing.

I can guess most of those. DO NOT WANT any of them.
>> No. 34084
[] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.
>> No. 34085
FUCK, these are all lost on me.

[x] You dream of a blue rocket flying into the endless reaches of space.

I'm a rocket ship on my way to Mars,
On a collision course!
I'm a satellite, I'm out of control
I'm a sex machine ready to reload,
Like an atom bomb! About to
Oh oh oh oh oh, EXPLODE!
>> No. 34086
[x] You dream of a clockwork dog running through a river of blood.
FUCK. Hell or Makai, I can't choose.
LET'S GO TO MAKAI!
>> No. 34087
[x] You dream of a dim hall lined with straw training dummies.

¯\(°_o)/¯
>> No. 34088
[z] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.
>> No. 34089
[x] You dream of a dim hall lined with straw training dummies.
youmu?
>> No. 34090
[x] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.
>> No. 34091
[ ] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.

Oh lord is that some Makai?
>> No. 34092
[x] You dream of a blue rocket flying into the endless reaches of space.
Bye bye Cirno, it was fun!
>> No. 34093
[ ] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.

Here's hoping it's Shinki.

Or at least something interesting.
>> No. 34095
[x] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.
Give me Sariel or give me death. Or give me both, I hear Sariel is a package deal.
>> No. 34098
[X] You dream of a clockwork dog running through a river of blood.
This sounds Sakuya-like. Now that would be interesting.
>> No. 34100
I'll be amused if this comes full circle, and we end up eventually hijacking Komachi's body.
>> No. 34101
>>34100

If that happens I might just die from laughter.
>> No. 34102
[X] You dream of a world on fire, and quickly flying away to a door in a cave.

You open your eyes, and you already feel like you're covered in a thin layer of sweat. First thing you notice is that you're not in the newspaper office anymore. Instead, you're in a room lit only by what sunlight is coming through the drawn curtains. A smouldering candle sits nearby. You realize you're laying hunched over a table, and sit back rubbing your eyes. You stop for a second and look down at yourself. Your clothes are entirely different, a pink ribbon tied around the waist of a blue dress. Well, you're still a girl at least. You run a hand through your hair, and you feel a tug. You realize you're wearing two rings on your middle and ring finger through which many thin threads are looped. You tug at one of the strings, and see a movement on the floor nearby. What is that? A doll?

Great, you're someone else now. You were just starting to get used to Cirno.

First thing you decide to check is if flying is the same. You will yourself to float and sure enough, you do. Fair enough. You consider the reason there would be a doll attached to you, though. Could this new body have been some kind of puppeteer? In any case, the thread connected to the doll doesn't seem to be complex enough to move the entire doll, so maybe it's got some kind of secret. Chances are you're going to need to figure this out, because if you're going to go around in someone elses body, you'd likely be better off getting used to using themf or the time being. For now, you slide the rings off and set them on the table. That's when you notice the bound book laying a few inches from where your head was. You hope it's some kind of instruction manual on bodyjacking, but its cover has no title, and there doesn't appear to be any kind of mechanism for unlocking the solid block of gold the straps apparently connect to.

Well, at least in your solitude you should have time to-

A knock on the door. Guess not. Then again, the house is pretty dark and the curtains are mostly closed. You could likely get away with pretending to be asleep and ignore the door, that would give you time to straighten out your newest body and work out the annoying kink in your neck from sleeping on the table.

[] Answer the door
[] Ignore the door
>> No. 34103
[X] You dream of a clockwork dog running through a river of blood.

I DON'T KNOW ANY OF THESE!

Except I'm pretty sure the blue Rocket is either Eirin or Reisen.
>> No. 34104
Anon is Alice
How ironic
>> No. 34105
>>34102

HOLY SHIT PC-98 ALICE.

[] Ignore the door
>> No. 34106
[] Answer the door

It's Marisa. If we don't answer there won't be a door there soon.
>> No. 34107
[X] Answer the door.

Oh ho, Alice!

Perfect opportunity to pair her up with one of the other girls. She'll be ecstatic when she gets her body back, if a little confused.
>> No. 34108
>>34093

I was considering Shinki, but I'm not as familiar with story, characters and interactions/personalities from PC-98 aside from Yuuka and Alice. That and I didn't really want to throw you into the body of a God -quite- yet.

There's also the issue of how PC-98 co-exists with Windows era continuity. Shinki pops out of nowhere and no one even wonders where she's been for the last few years. There's also the problem that the only characters she knows are the 'main' characters, a girl who may or may not be her daughter, a moe flower youkai and another character who has ceased existing pretty much entirely.
>> No. 34109
[] Ignore the door

Of course the Makai burning down option would lead to Alice.
>> No. 34110
>>34108

Huh, I can your understand your reasons then.
>> No. 34111
File 121132389669.jpg - (370.42KB , 1056x1492 , creepyaliceyukarin.jpg ) [iqdb]
34111
[] Ignore the Door

we need to get online and look up the doujins how we're suppose to act around other people.

... Nevermind.
>> No. 34112
[x] Answer the door
MY OWN MAID
NOW IT'S TIME FOR RAPE
>> No. 34113
[X] Answer the door.

Who would visit other than Marisa? She'll probably blow up the house if we don't come to the door.
>> No. 34114
[X] Answer the Door.
[X] Ask who it is before you open it.

Let's try to avoid awkward moments.
>> No. 34116
[X] Answer the Door.
[X] Ask who it is before you open it.

You decide it's probably best to answer the door after all. Besides, you need to figure out your new name, and maybe you can glean some important information about how you're supposed to act and what you're supposed to do in the meantime. Just to be cautious though...

"Coming, who is it?" you ask, your new voice somewhat catching you off guard. You sound older now at least.

"Komachi."

Huh, that's a weird name. You make your way to the door and try to open it. It doesn't move. Oh, well of course, maybe if you undid the- holy shit, 3 different locks? I guess being cautious is an understatement for this new girl. You open the locks, turn the knob, and swing open the door to come face to face with the red haired ferrywoman. You freeze up, this is already going in a direction you don't agree with.

"Hey, have you seen any weird spiritual activity around here?"

Oh god oh god oh god oh go- Wait. She's actually asking you. You almost didn't hear it over your panic. Now's not the time to be acting nervous though.

"Uh, no..." you say, coughing slightly. "I just woke up actually."

"Hmm, really? A soul escaped from Higan and is currently at large somewhere in Gensokyo. The Yama's been on my case about it, so I'm out here now trying to find it." she says with a casual laugh. "Ever since that thing with the flowers, the keeping of souls has been alloted to shinigami, so if any go wandering off and cause trouble, we're liable. Worse still, I don't get my commission until they face judgment anymore."

She rattles on a bit more, msotly under her breath, apparently cursing her luck. She doesn't seem to know you, or better yet, know -you- are in there.

"Anyway, if anything strange starts happening, I've told that Hakurei miko about this, so I'll be checking in with her every once in a while to see if she's heard anything. If you see or capture this spirit, go tell her right away. You won't get anything as a reward, but it'll look good for you whenever you go to face judgment."

Apparently done with her search, she turns away from the door, takes a few steps and then simply seems to vanish in a blur. You slowly close the door, relock it, and then proceed to break down.

Okay, that was unexpected. So she's actually out looking for you? That could be a bad thing, especially if she's looking for strange spiritual activity. You're definitely going to have to keep a check on what you do, and make sure no one suspects anything. Most of all, you can't go telling people the truth about 'you' anymore, because then... then...

Aya. Shit. That's right. She knows, and it's only a matter of time before Komachi gets to her. Even still, if Komachi gets a hold of the paper, she'll know anyway. Damn, damn, damn! Then again, you did give that story as Cirno, so maybe she'll take the heat for it. Still, there's no telling what kind of effect this will have on your survivability.

[] The article is dangerous, you have to stop it from getting out.
[] Cirno can take the blame, there's nothing to worry about.
[] That paper seemed shady, no one will believe it anyway.
>> No. 34117
[] That paper seemed shady, no one will believe it anyway.
>> No. 34119
[X] That paper seemed shady, no one will believe it anyway.

Oh-ho, why not ignore important things?
>> No. 34121
[] That paper seemed shady, no one will believe it anyway.
>> No. 34122
[X] Cirno can take the blame, there's nothing to worry about.

Besides, we'll be busy body-hopping. We could be anyone at any time.

Komachi is going to love this one.
>> No. 34123
[X] Cirno can take the blame, there's nothing to worry about.
[x]Find a mirror to see what you look like.
>> No. 34124
[] That paper seemed shady, no one will believe it anyway.

Well it is. Plus how will they know where we are if we keep jumping bodies?
>> No. 34125
>We could be anyone at any time.

We just have to punch ourselves in the face if She gets too close.
>> No. 34126
>>34125

Well, even if Komachi finds us, how is she going to bring us in? She'll have to subdue us first, and if we struggle enough the only way to do that will be to knock us out, at which point...
>> No. 34129
[x] That paper seemed shady, no one will believe it anyway.

She's the strongest, she can handle it.

>>34126

I'd imagine she's packing some way to deal with possession.
>> No. 34130
[X] That paper seemed shady, no one will believe it anyway.

It was pretty much what you'd expect of a tabloid. You doubt anyone really cares what it has to say in the first place. You look around the immediate area quickly, and notice a bundle of newspapers laying in a small basket stuffed away in the corner. On closer inspection, they don't even look like they were read. Guess you were right on some level, at least this body doesn't seem to care about the paper.

That's right, this body still needs to be figured out. You look down at yourself again, and you have a faint feeling of deja vu. You feel like you remember this look from somewhere. A mirror, or something, you look for one. You cross through a few rooms and enter a bedroom before you find one. A small mirror on a stand, works well enough. Even in the dim light of the room you can see your reflection, and that's when the full memory comes back. You've seen this girl in one of the pictures in Aya's office, and you can remember her pictures filled with lights and dolls. Dolls, you only noticed now, but there are dolls everywhere. Lining the furniture in here, laying around the main room, even stuffed away in cabinents and shelves in the room you woke up in, piled amongst other debris; books, papers, pens and inkstained papers.

You head back out to the main room, and see the few dolls laying on the ground around the chair you woke up in. They look like the dolls you remember from the pictures, which is good enough for you. Carefully stepping over them, you pick up the rings from the table and put them back on your hand. If this is some kind of power, then it can't be too much different then Cirno's cold manipulation.

[] Concentrate on the strings, imagining the dolls lifting into the air and lining up.
[] Concentrate on the dolls, willing them to stand and take flight.
>> No. 34131
[] Concentrate on the strings, imagining the dolls lifting into the air and lining up.
>> No. 34132
[] Concentrate on the strings, imagining the dolls lifting into the air and lining up.
>> No. 34133
[x] Concentrate on the dolls, willing them to stand and take flight.
>> No. 34134
[] Concentrate on the dolls, willing them to stand and take flight.
>> No. 34135
[] Concentrate on the strings, imagining the dolls lifting into the air and lining up.
>> No. 34137
[X] Concentrate on the strings, imagining the dolls lifting into the air and lining up.

Alice's magic is strings.
>> No. 34138
[] Concentrate on the dolls, willing them to stand and take flight.
>> No. 34139
>>34125
Or carry a chloroform-soaked rag.
>> No. 34140
[X] Get back to that mirror, and run a more... "thorough" examination on your new body.

Well, it's what I would probably do.
>> No. 34141
[X] Concentrate on the strings, imagining the dolls lifting into the air and lining up.
>> No. 34142
What kind of freak are we? We have the body of a GURL yet we haven't had a single erotic thought.
>> No. 34144
>>34142

Spirits don't have sex drive?
>> No. 34146
>>34144

Poor buggers.
>> No. 34147
>>34142

We're dead. It's depressing.
>> No. 34148
>>34142

Do we know that the spirit is in fact male?
>> No. 34152
>>34148

Should we look in the mirror when we don't have a body and see if there's a dick sticking out of us or something?
>> No. 34153
>>34148

The spirit is the perfect concept of 'user defined'. 'You' are literally 'you'. If you're male, the spirit is male. If you're female, the spirit is.

Anyway:

[X] Concentrate on the strings, imagining the dolls lifting into the air and lining up.

Almost effortlessly, you focus on the strings, willing them to move. As commanded, the strings move as if alive, flowing with a supernatural power as they float form the ground, pulling the dolls from the ground until they hang suspended in mid-air. The dolls twitch every so often and hang limp, then slowly they seem to snap to attention, forming a haphazard row. Despite their unco-ordination, the row of dolls bobs lazily in the air, you can't help but let out a small, almost defiant laugh. You decide to test the limits of your new control, and try to move the dolls around.

You move your hand to one side, and the draw on the string causes the dolls to hover in that direction. Okay, now, you try to move the dolls in another direction by willing the strings to move. Sure enough, a force seems to snag at the strings in mid air and pull them in to the left, as you will. The entire time you're smiling like an idiot, even if this is the most basic of things. Perhaps getting a little too hasty, you decide to try moving all the dolls in opposite directions. You quickly realize how hard it is to maintain concentration on several different strands at once though, and one by one the dolls drop from the air as you lose concentration. In the end, only one doll remains floating, the last one you could concentrate one. Fine enough for you. Once again, you will the strings into the air, and using your apparently ability for group control, direct the row of dolls to an empty space on a nearby shelf, then remove the rings from your fingers and take a closer look at them.

The strands running around it only seem to be wrapped around it, and then wrapped around a small peg that forms a part of the ring. You fiddle with the strings for a while, and manage to remove all but one, leading to a single doll. That should be good for now. You put the ring back on and put your will into the string. With only one string and one doll to focus on, commanding the doll is much easier, and it reacts almost quickly enough that you'd think it was a part of your body.

A thought occurs to you however. You were originally living a normal-ish life on Earth. You apparently died, and you found yourself escaping from some strange kind of afterlife into a wholly different and undeniably alive world. Despite it's obvious bent towards fantasy with the fairies, girls with animal features, and apparent magic, it seems to have a lot of things you're familiar with, if not entirely so. What you recall of seeing the village reminded you of architecture you've only seen in Japanese movies and a variety of action films, and the few people you've seen so far have had a varying degree of asian features, excepting your own current body, which appears much like a typical American. Well, maybe not a typical American, you're about 170 lbs too thin for that.

What is wrong with this world? Where are all the men anyway?

Your train of thought it interrupted by another voice, one you recognize.

"Yo, Alice? You home?"

You turn around to see Marisa climbing in through a window, casually, as if she does it all the time. She casts a glance over towards the still locked door for a second, then looks back at you.

"How are those locks working for you?"

[] "Marisa? What are you doing here?"
[] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
[] "Get out."
>> No. 34154
[x] "Marisa? What are you doing here?"
Can't you see I'm managing my damn clone army?
>> No. 34155
[] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
>> No. 34156
[x] "Get out."

>>you're about 170 lbs too thin for that.

durr hurr
>> No. 34157
[] "Marisa? What are you doing here?"
>> No. 34159
[] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
[] "Get out."

I'M SO WITTY
>> No. 34160
[X] "Not well enough evidently."

Oh ho, why not be tsundere?
>> No. 34161
[] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
[] "Get out."

I love it.

Also, we need to seduce Marisa for Alice, and then knock ourselves out right before we get down to it.

Call it a present for letting us borrow her time. And body.
>> No. 34163
File 121133011746.jpg - (21.96KB , 238x195 , kermit2.jpg ) [iqdb]
34163
>you're about 170 lbs too thin for that.
>> No. 34164
[] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
[] "Get out."
>> No. 34165
[] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
>> No. 34167
[] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
[] "Get out."

it's too perfect.
>> No. 34168
[X] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
[X] "Get out."

Alice, your mood is swinging!
>> No. 34169
>>34153

[x] "i'm hungry, let me eat your vagina"
>> No. 34170
>>34169

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 34171
[] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
[] "Get out."
>> No. 34180
[X] "Marisa! How nice to see you!"
[X] "Get out."

Marisa just grins like an idiot and chuckles.

"Good to see you too Alice," she says, straightening out her skirt.

"Haven't you heard of light?" she says, pulling a small, octagonal object from a pocket in her apron. A small flame instantly appears over it, lighting up the room some. True, you had been completely the lighting, but you could still see pretty well regardless.

"Even if you are a youkai, it's not good to be sitting in the dark all the time," she says, walking into you, well, Alice's home more and lighting a candle standing on a nearby shelf. Once lit, the object's flame vanishes and she pockets it once again.

"So, why's it so dark in here anyway? Just waking up?"

You nods, a little annoyed at Marisa. You really did mean it when you said 'get out', but she didn't seem to concerned with letting herself in through a window to begin with. She probably wouldn't easily leave unless you threw her out physically, so you didn't bother dwelling on it.

"Yeah, I fell asleep at the table. I can't even remember what I was doing." you say. Technically true, after all, but if you told her what you do remember doing it would probably work against you.

"So, why didn't you knock Marisa?"

Marisa huffs.

"You usually take forever to answer the door, and then you started putting locks on it after I started opening it anyway."

So, it seems she routinely makes herself a pest. Judging from the apparent way Alice treated Marisa, you're not sure if you should be regarding her as a friend or a nuisance. You're leaning towards nuisance, but Marisa doesn't seem to be acting particularly mean to you and genuinely seems to be treating you like someone she's friendly with. If only you knew more about the situation. The only thing you're thankful for at the moment is that you've now seen quite a bit of how Marisa acts. If you manage to jump into her body at some point, you'd have an easier time managing. For now though, you'll have to get used to 'Alice'.

"So, why are you here today?"

"Hmm, no reason, just decided to come by and see how you were doing. You haven't left your house in a while." came Marisa's reply.

"You were watching my house?"

Marisa gives a dismissive laugh as she walks away from the shelving unit where she lit the candle, carrying it with her as she looked over the dolls. She let out a small sound as she spotted something, and reached out to grab it.

"Hey Alice, when did you make this?" Marisa turns around, holding a doll in her hand. You notice immediately that it's a near perfect likeness of Marisa, down to the single braid, the detail in her clothes, and even a small broom apparently permanently attached to one hand. It's surprisingly well made, and you hope you don't have to try to make anything like this while you're in control of Alice.

[] "I've had it for a while. I made it because I was thinking of you and it seemed like fun."
[] "Oh, that? I made it on a whim so I could have something to practice having my dolls beat up."
[] "I don't remember. I make a lot of dolls."
>> No. 34182
[] "Oh, that? I made it on a whim so I could have something to practice having my dolls beat up."
>> No. 34183
[] "Oh, that? I made it on a whim so I could have something to practice having my dolls beat up."
>> No. 34184
[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."

And so it begins.
>> No. 34185
[x] "I don't remember. I make a lot of dolls."
>> No. 34188
>>34183 here, Changing it to this:[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."
>> No. 34190
[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."

Going with the flow.
>> No. 34191
[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."

Oh now this is great.
>> No. 34193
[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."

Fifth Vote because it has to be done.
>> No. 34194
[] "Oh, that? I made it on a whim so I could have something to practice having my dolls beat up."
[] Try to hide your uncontrollable blushing.
>> No. 34195
>[] "I've had it for a while. I made it because I was thinking of you and it seemed like fun."
>[] "Oh, that? I made it on a whim so I could have something to practice having my dolls beat up."

TSUNDERE GATTAI

[x] "Oh that I've had for a while. I made it on a whim while thinking of you. It seemed fun to have something to practice having my other dolls beat up."
>> No. 34197
[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."

Damn, and we need to seductively run a finger along the crook of her neck while we do it. It'll be great.
>> No. 34200
[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."
>> No. 34201
> [X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."

> Fifth Vote because it has to be done.

ಠ_ಠ Curse you. I will not be swayed so easily.
>> No. 34204
[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."
>> No. 34206
>>34201

Lesson 1: Write-ins can be fucking hilarious. Or helpful. Or they might get the character killed.
That said,

[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."
>> No. 34207
[x] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."
>> No. 34210
>>34197>>34200>>34204>>34206>>34207

That doubles the vote count

Are you not swayed yet?
>> No. 34212
>>34206

Yeah, I get that much. I just hope I don't get too many write-ins directing or implying action towards an H-scene, because not only would I write one terribly, I would more likely circumvent the entire thing due to not being comfortable with the idea.

Anyway:
[X] Slink uncomfortably close to Marisa, and leer at her. "Oh, I've had it for a time, now. I think once I've mastered controlling your likeness, I'll have all the skill I need to manipulate you."

Marisa looks at you with a curious expression for a few seconds, then smiles. You feel a little awkward given your new situation, as if some kind of unknown force drove you to do such a thing.

"You're such a basketcase Alice, telling me to get out one second, then hitting on me the next," she says, with a small laugh, walking away from you. "Maybe it has something to do with this strange spirit nonsense Komachi was talking about." she adds with a wink.

So she has heard about it already too. Well, news spreads fast I guess. Considering how quickly she could apparently move you wouldn't be surprised if nearly everyone has heard about it by now. Marisa puts the Marisa doll back in the empty space it occupied and picks up the candle once again, walking off further into the house, until she stops near a stack of books and papers. She sets the candle down and starts rifling through them. You're not exactly sure if you should stop her or not.

"Man Alice, your notes are so much more organized then mine, I'm jealous," she says as she pulls out a stack of papers and starts looking thorugh them. She makes a few nods and a small 'Oh! I see!' under her breath now and then, then folds up the papers and sticks them into a pocket. Alright, now you're sure she's stealing things.

"Uh, can I help you there, Ms. Thief?" you say.

Marisa looks towards you for a second, as if she forgot you were standing there, then just smiles.

"No, I think I can find everything I need myself."

"You came to steal my notes, didn't you? You weren't that concerned about how I was."

Marisa stops digging through the papers and walks over to you.

"Now that's not true. If you went and kicked the bucket, I'd be out a very valuable source of information. Also, I'd lose a friend." was her reply. Funny, sounds like she tacked that last part on as an afterthought.

"Anyway, I should be fine for now. I'm going to go pay Patchouli a visit, get some books off of her. Maybe later I'll come back and we can go drinking or something!" she says, making her way towards the door. She rather deftly manages the locks, and leaves before you even get a chance to say anything.

Well, at least she's stopped being a nuisance. You wonder what this apparent burglary will mean to Alice if you lose control.

Speaking of which, you realize that you also woke up as Cirno. You remember originally falling asleep as a spirit, then waking up as Cirno. You then remember blowing yourself away with some kind of mega fan and probably lost consciousness. Could sleeping be some kind of trigger for body swapping? You're kind of tempted to try falling asleep to test it out, but you're not exactly tired. You could always resume practicing your control over the dolls, and maybe trying to figure out how to create those lights you saw in the pictures Aya had. The only other thing you could think of to pass time would be to resume your exploration of this world, see if you can find anything else interesting out.

[] Try to sleep
[] Go back to power practice
[] Explore
>> No. 34213
[] Go back to power practice
>> No. 34214
[ ] Masturbate.
>> No. 34215
[] Go back to power practice
>> No. 34216
[x] Explore, and bring a doll along to practice.
>> No. 34217
[z] Go back to power practice
>> No. 34218
[X] Go back to Practice.

The More we learn how to Danmaku, the Easier it will be to learn everyone else's bodies. Then we will be able to fight as whoever we choose.
>> No. 34219
[x] Explore, and bring a doll along to practice.

This is nice.
>> No. 34223
[] Go back to power practice
>> No. 34239
[X] Go back to power practice

Might as well get the hang of Alice's powers afterall. Even if you might not keep the body for long, at least having the basic idea of how to manipulate powers better will serve you in the future.

You practice at first controlling the single doll tied to your ring, which proves really quite easy. Another interesting thing you notice, or rather discover by accident, is that you can't get tangled in your own string. Any time ot gets wrapped around a part of you, as soon as it tightens, it seems to pass right through you. That's definitely handy, and takes some of the stress off of worrying about not getting yourself tied up. Controlling one doll is too easy however, so you decide to try manipulating two at once. As you're tying the second dolls string to one of the rings however, you remember the lights that were photographed. You wonder if those are some kind of creation as well, or something added after the fact. All the pictures you remember seeing seemed to have them in various shapes and colours, but the question was how to make them.

Well, if they were anything like the rest of the abilities, it's based on willpower, so it should be easy enough to try. The results are actually surprisingly easy. You imagine a ball of light appearing in your hand, and a small grren light slowly materializes. Fair enough, but several of the pictures showed complex patterns of these lights, and some of them had several colours. All attempts to conjure multiple lights only resulted in a flicker of rainbow colours in midair and produced nothing as tangible as the single green light. Baby steps it is then, and for now the dolls are proving a bit more interesting than coloured light.

You decide to draw a few curtains to light the place up a bit finally, since you were going to be inside anyway, you might as well see what's going on. Your practice with two dolls goes on well enough, and you move on to three, and then to four. You meet your match at four though, only barely able to keep them all airborne and highly mobile. Still, being able to control three dolls simultaneously is pretty impressive to you, and you're sure that Alice would probably be surprised if you weren't likely using what innate talent she has for this sort of thing to begin with. You decide to call it quits on the doll practice for now, when a thought occurs to you. You can create a light, and you can make the dolls move. Can you make a doll create a light? Well, now you have to try.

[] Concrentrate on a doll, imagine a ball of light being created
[] Concentrate on the string, imagine light flowing through it and them pouring out of a doll.
>> No. 34242
[] Concrentrate on a doll, imagine a ball of light being created
>> No. 34243
Hmm, I'm starting to make more typos now.
>> No. 34244
[x] Concentrate on the string, imagine light flowing through it and them pouring out of a doll.
Because methinks the first choice will make the doll go kamikaze.
>> No. 34249
[x] Concentrate on the string, imagine light flowing through it and them pouring out of a doll.
>> No. 34250
[X] Concentrate on the string, imagine light flowing through it and them pouring out of a doll.
>> No. 34255
[x] Concentrate on the string, imagine light flowing through it and them pouring out of a doll.
>> No. 34257
Last post for the night. Been at this for like, 9 hours now? Man, this is pretty enjoyable even though I'm the one doing all the work.

There won't be a thread tomorrow though, I've got things to do and I won't have enough time to run anything more than one maybe 2-3 posts. I'll probably be okay to go for Thursday though.

[X] Concentrate on the string, imagine light flowing through it and then pouring out of a doll

You focus on a string, imagining the light originating from your hand and then flowing into the string. Sure enough, the string leading to one of the dolls begins to glow as you picture the light moving thorugh the string. Once it reaches the doll, it begins to glow. Well, that's happening different than you expected, but you continue to envision the light flowing from the doll and creating an orb in front of it while light streams into it from the strand. All that happens though is the doll glows brighter and brighter, almost as if a light bulb inside of it is being slowly turned up.

You're starting to feel this might be a bad choice of action, but whatever the result it will at least be interesting to know. Given you don't get killed by it. The light within the doll reaches a particularly bright level, to the point where it's illuminating the entire room. You close your eyes to get a better image of what you're trying to accomplish, that the light flows from the doll and create a ball of light. You form the image in your mind, open your eyes, and will the light to exit the doll.

What you get instead of a ball of light is a brilliant beam, fired from the entire front of the doll. There is a bright flash as soon as the beam fires, and in a mixture of surprise and instinct, you immediately direct the doll towards the window, which is promptly blown out by the force. The beam only lasts for a few seconds and rapidly begins to shrink as the glow subsides. Once entirely spent, all the dolls drop from the air and land limp o the ground, mostly because you're too stunned at what you just did to concentrate on keeping them afloat.

You just shot a laser out of a doll. You also managed to scorch part of Alice's wall and break a window. Oh well, you could probably find someone to fix it, but you just shot a laser out of a doll so you don't really care. You might have felt fine with the idea of accepting life in a new body before, but not so much as you do now. Now you know you have some kind of firepower, and you can do fairly incredible things with just a little bit of effort. There is one question that bothers you though. Will you still be Alice if you go to sleep? Who is to say you won't wake up as someone else? While you wouldn't be entirely unreceptive to the idea, you rather enjoy the small modicum of power you've attained in this body. You also can't help but wonder if you'll eventually be able to fire multiple lasers from multiple dolls at some point, and the finding out is something you look forward to. For now though, you're done with training, and put away the other two dolls, retaining one still, because you rather like the idea of having it as a near extension of your body. It also takes little to no concentration to keep it airborne, which is a bonus.

Right now, your only concern is getting something to eat. The sun is getting close to setting, and you realize you've been Alice longer than you've been Cirno, and you're not sure when the last time Alice ate was. You also have no idea where Alice keeps her food or what she eats.

[] Search the house for food, cook what you find
[] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.
>> No. 34258
[] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.

Already blew out a window, may as well meddle some more with her stuff, heh.
>> No. 34259
[] Search the house for food, cook what you find.
>> No. 34262
[X] Search the house for food, cook what you find.

Anon always cooks for himself, and often times for other people.

Then again, going out would be an opportunity to meet other people.
>> No. 34264
[] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.
Let's put Alice in an awkward situation when she wakes up.
>> No. 34266
[x] Search the house for food, cook what you find
>> No. 34272
[x] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.
Let's find Cirno and TIME PARADOX.
>> No. 34277
[x] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.
>> No. 34281
[x] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.
>> No. 34287
[x] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.

Going with this Thursday.
>> No. 34338
>>34239
>a small grren light
>grren
SPIN ON
>> No. 34398
[X] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.

I wonder, this Anon seems kinda evil. Will we start some kinda fight or something in the future?
>> No. 34401
>>34398

How does he seem evil to you?

Also, at some point during this is there an option to make a body possession permanent?
>> No. 34409
So, checking progress, Anonyghost has learned the following skills:
-Basic flight
-Basic danmaku creation (light ball)
-Basic doll manipulation
-Chargin' and firin' of lazors

Eating is all fine and good, but Alice will need to sleep soon, won't she?
>> No. 34434
[x] Search the house for money, find the village and eat at a restaurant.
>> No. 34460
A little too late now, but you guys DO realize that going out to eat might not be a good idea, right?

If Komachi was going around warning people about a ghost on the loose, and everyone knows that it can possess people, they would very likely be on the lookout for anyone who was acting differently from how they normally would, right?

Now, think. Is Alice REALLY the type to go out to eat?
>> No. 34464
>>34460
Alice doesn't have to eat or sleep. She still does those things simply because she's still close to her humanity.
>> No. 34466
>>34464
No I think Youkai still need to sleep and eat, even Alice. I think she sleeps at night rather than during the day to maintain her humanity.
>> No. 34467
>>34464
That's not what I'm referring to.

Alice spends much of her time in her house, researching magic and working with her dolls. If Marisa's visit was any indication, she doesn't even let much light in.

Now, really. Is someone who spends much of their time in their house, alone, in the dark, doing research and working with their dolls the sort to go somewhere as public and social as a restaurant to eat?
>> No. 34470
>>34466
It says it in Akyu's untouched score that alice doesn't need to eat any more or sleep even, but that she still does it because she's close to her humanity. lemee find the exact quote.
>> No. 34471
File 121138864049.jpg - (182.50KB , 456x495 , Face Palm.jpg ) [iqdb]
34471
>>34464

You did NOT just say that.
>> No. 34472
File 121138875054.png - (209.98KB , 1280x1024 , 1210955819444.png ) [iqdb]
34472
>>34470

>Akyu

There's your answer fish bulb.
>> No. 34473
>>34470
or not, 'cause the wiki's down. again.
>> No. 34474
keep f5ing that shit until it goes through.
>> No. 34475
>>34472

Did you just insult Akyu?
>> No. 34476
>>34475
I do believe he did.
>> No. 34477
>>34475

As much as I love her yes I did. Everyone knows she's a lying bitch.
>> No. 34478
File 121139041254.jpg - (34.95KB , 511x495 , 1190759533388.jpg ) [iqdb]
34478
>>34477

.... You're goin down.
>> No. 34604
>>34460

Anon is all about bad choices.

>>34401

As a future heads up, any time there's a body swap option, there will always be a 'no change option'. The no change option, obviously, keeps you in the same body. There's also some other things I'm keeping track of, your hint for this is 'Stay in character'.

>> youkai dos and don'ts

As far as this is concerned, I don't necessarily follow any material for my views on character actions. Canon and PMiSS, and other related materials, are a guideline for the most part. My interpretations of youkai is that they have to eat (because, y'know, they try to eat humans and all), and they do sleep (because Yukari is famous for that). If they didn't sleep, how the shit are you supposed to possess them? I mean srsly.
>> No. 35001
>>34604
>>and they do sleep
While they do sleep, I'm pretty sure its optional. I think it may have been Alice's PMiSS article that says something along the lines of "she hasn't been a youkai for long enough so she prefers to still sleep", but the wiki seems to be down right now so I can't check.
>> No. 35044
>>35001

It's up and down. F5 is your only option. It's a nuisance for me since I use it partially to do research on characters to help me with my writing, and also since it's helpful for gathering information to help me make even more obscure character references for body swaps in the future.