[Return]
Archived Thread

File 137241199233.jpg - (952.43KB , 1000x1291 , but where is the BOOM.jpg ) [iqdb]
170664 No. 170664
“Hello?”

No reaction.

“Lovely day, isn't it?”

She's moving this way...

“So! What brings you, ah, here?”

Still coming...

“You must be pretty hungry, what with the way you're eating, well, everything.”

Still coming this way...

“Is there anything I could do to, you know, assist you and speed up your- okay, really, stop.”

Not stopping...

“Just stay where you are. Cease your approach. Desist your motion in my direction. Stop.”

Stiiiill not stopping.

Please stop?”

She's... stopping?
She stopped. Huh. Still, I shouldn't let my guard down.

“Alright, that's better. Now then, ah...hrm...”

What now? Introduce myself?
Certainly, that would be the typical thing to do when conversing with someone.
Of course, it's questionable how 'typical' a conversation can be expected to be when one of the parties is alive while the other is, frankly, not. Even if she has somehow retained of all of her mental faculties, in spite of her state, any decay of brain tissue would almost certainly affect her ability to process and convey information. So, it would be best to keep things simple, at least for now.

“Me, Asakura. Rikako Asakura. Me not food. Not food. Asakura not food. Understand?”

No response, yet she's still not moving, either. I can only hope that is a good sign.
Please let it be a good sign.

“And you? What is your name? Me, Asakura. You...?”

Hm. Perhaps it's too much to hope for communication to be so simple for wait.
She's opening her mouth. Is she trying to respond? She can actually understand? This is-

“Hhhnghhrrrngrrk.”

...going to take a while, apparently.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Oh my me.”

“I trust you can understand the position we are in now, Lady Yasaka?”

“Yes, this certainly explains things.”


Hmph. I bet it does.
As much as it pains me to expose any hint of weakness on our part, especially to her, the look on Yasaka's face when she looked into the room and saw our other 'guest' has helped to lessen the sting, somewhat. Few things are more satisfying that witnessing an adversary's defenses crack and crumble, and the sight of Hoshiguma here seems to have done just that.

Of course, the piles of unconscious bodies piled in the corner may have contributed to this, as well.

Either way, this was clearly not what she was expecting to see. I would almost wish I had one of those 'camera' boxes to capture the moment, were it not for the fact that her period of stunned silence afforded me just enough time to deliver 'the package' and extract myself from the area.

As for those two, I'll just have to deal with them later. I don't know who gave them clearance to go in there, but they didn't run it by any of us before doing so. Assuming that they were even given clearance in the first place, someone will answer for this, just as someone will answer for setting off that damned wind blast

Our opponents. Our battle. Our jurisdiction. All of it blown away in the blink of an eye because some feather-brained incompetent got a little fan-happy, while we're left to clean up the mess.

And then, of course, there is the matter of Yasaka. Revealing anything to her is revealing too much, but at least she may not be a factor in this situation for much longer. In fact, it may require but one more push for her to remove herself from the board.


“If it would please you, Lady Yasaka, I would be more than happy to introduce the two of you. Perhaps, even arrange for additional food and drink to be brought in.”

“Oh? Ah, well, yes. Yes, I would certainly enjoy that! Yes, indeed!”

“Very well, then, Lady Yasaka. I shall see to-”

But! I just recalled that I have something of a prior engagement that I simply must attend to, and so I must decline your offer. With great regret, of course.”

“Of course, Lady Yasaka. If you have other obligations, then it cannot be helped.”

“Exactly! It cannot be helped! Duty must come before leisure, even for the gods, you know! Ahahahahaha!


That laugh of hers couldn't be any more forced if GAH what is she doing stop that don't touch me get your hand off me don't pet me don't pet me don't pet me goddamn it I'll bite you if I have to I swear on my-
No. No, calm down.
Do not bite the deity.
Do not bite the deity.
Do not bite the deity.


“Oh my! Would you look at the time! I simply must be on my way now! Terribly sorry about that! Give your superiors my regards, and know that the Moriya Shrine will be more than happy to lend its assistance in any repairs you should find yourselves in need of in the near or distant future! So long, good luck, and goodbye!”


It is amazing to me how someone with such a commanding presence can so quickly and easily retreat. I'm certainly not going to complain about it, though. Let her stay away. The longer, the better.

Now then, what to do about- hm? Another signal?
Hmmm. One of the scouts have returned. Alone.
Damn it, what are they doing out there? They were specifically instructed not to leave their group unless-

Wait. What is that? What is that?
That sound...
It sounds like...



[ ] eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[ ] owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

[ ] aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>> No. 170667
[x] eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tough choice. But I'll go with this.
>> No. 170668
[x] aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Panic option
>> No. 170672
[x] owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Nothing wrong with some pain.
>> No. 170677
[x] eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>> No. 170679
[x] eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

That sounds like a fangirl squeal to me.
If someone is squealing like a fangirl, that means someone, somewhere is doing something wrong right.
>> No. 170681
[x] owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Congrats to thread 30! You really came a long way.
>> No. 170688
[X] aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Finally I have a reason to post this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUP4PzkhJjQ
>> No. 170694
File 137245793713.png - (1.12MB , 1200x1500 , oh you have GOT to be shitting me.png ) [iqdb]
170694
”....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...”


What is that? Where the hell is it coming from?!


”...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...”


Aha! There! East-southeast! Let's see...


”...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..”


Hm, can't get a visual on the source. Exact distance unknown, but closing fast. Likely airborne.

”...eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh...”


But why can't I see them?! Are they using the clouds as cover? But that shouldn't make a difference if they're coming this way! Even if I can't see them from here, someone should have! The only ones who could possibly breach our perimeter and evade detection are-


Paaarrrrtyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...”


Oh no. No. Hell no.


LEEEEEET'S PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!


Damn it all! Just when one problem is taken care of, another comes screaming in. At least we have some form of contingency plan in place for this one. Now, where is...ah!


“Hey! You there! Private!”

“A-ah?! C-captain! Captain! Bad news-”

“I heard it, Private. Ibuki is on her way here. Send word to all available units to initiate Mist-Catcher Protocol immediately. Scramble, intercept, and drive her away at all costs.”

“What?! B-but Captain! What about-”

“Do you understand what's going on, here?! We can barely keep one oni contained, as it is! If another one were to show up now...”

“That would be, um... oh.

“Exactly. We'll be lucky if there's even a mountain left to defend before the day is out. Now move!

“Huh? Wait, but Captain, what about the recovery team?”

“Squad Seven? What about them?”

“That's what I was trying to tell you! They came under attack by that doll, Melancholy, and-”

“They what?!”

“The other squads tried to help, but they couldn't stop her! The package is gone!”

“The package is gone. The package is gone.

“Er, Captain? Are you alright? Your eyes are kinda...”


Do not scream. Do not scream. Do not scream
This is just a setback. An unexpected development.
That is all. Nothing more. No plan survives contact with the enemy, after all.
Just adapt. Restrategize.


“I'm fine, Private. You have your orders, now go!

“Yes, Captain!”


Alright, new plan. Countermeasure or no, we can't count on stopping Ibuki. Stall her, perhaps, but that won't buy us much time That just leaves getting Hoshiguma out of here, but what are the chances of that while her entourage is still on the loose? Damn it, we needed more time!

No, calm down. Focus. Just get back to Hoshiguma, and see if she can't be convinced. Send the rest of our alcohol supply along with her, if we have to. Just as long as she leaves before Ibuki gets here.


“...so he decided he wanted to go to some shrine up on this mountain to get 'em out!”


Well, at least she's still where I left her. With Shameimaru and Himekaidou jotting down her every word, I'm sure. One more leak that will need to be plugged before this is all over.


“Isn't that somethin'? A shrine on the mountain! HA!


At least she hasn't touched upon anything that's happened since her arrival here, from the sound of it. It should be a simple matter to step in and-


“Oh yes, I happen to be quite familiar with that particular shrine, in fact.”


...that's not Shameimaru or Himekaidou.
No, damn it! Why did she have to come back?!


“You could even say that shrine is... oh? Look who's back, and just in time to hear the rest of your tale, Miss Hoshiguma!”


YASAKA.

AaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH



[ ] Talk to Hoshiguma. Attempt to convince her to leave.

[ ] Talk to Yasaka. Attempt to convince her to assist you.

[ ] Talk to Shameimaru. Try to not punch her repeatedly for whatever role she may have played in any of this.
>> No. 170695
[x] Talk to Shameimaru. Try to not punch her repeatedly for whatever role she may have played in any of this.

Momiji needs to vent some anger.
>> No. 170696
[x] Talk to Shameimaru. Try to not punch her repeatedly for whatever role she may have played in any of this.

As much as I am pissed at the tengu, I feel downright sorry for them at this point. Then again, who DID make that wind blast?
>> No. 170706
[X] Talk to Shameimaru. Try to not punch her repeatedly for whatever role she may have played in any of this.

Confiscate her fan and notes. Anymore wind blasts and who knows what will happen.
>> No. 170715
[x] Talk to Shameimaru. Try to not punch her repeatedly for whatever role she may have played in any of this.
>> No. 170734
File 137257352413.jpg - (0.98MB , 1000x832 , SWEAR TO ME.jpg ) [iqdb]
170734
Why is this happening?! Why?!
Yasaka left! She was gone! I saw her! She-

Damn it. She never left, did she? All that time, she was just waiting for her moment to slip back in, and I gave it to her. I got careless, dropped my guard, and she was more than happy to capitalize on it. It was bad enough that Shameimaru and...wait.

Shameimaru. What is she doing over there? Himekaidou looks to be on the verge of passing out, yet she looks almost as if-


“Would you care to join us, by any chance? It seems she's about to get to very interesting part of her stor-”

W-wah?! HEEEEEEEEEEY!”

“I beg your pardon, but there is an urgent matter I must discuss with my collegue, here. Alone.

“W-w-w-waaaaaaaaaaaait! Thish ish JUSSHT gettin to tha good PAAaaack!

“Please excuse us.”

“Ah, er, by all means.”


I should have known better. Of course she wasn't just there to socialize. Of course she wouldn't do anything to help the situation. I should have done this the moment I found her here.

This day must be getting to me.


“Right. This should be far enough.”

“HeeeeeEEEEeeey~! Whad ARE yoooooooo-OOF!

“That's enough. What the hell do you think you're doing, Shameimaru?!”

“Whaaaaaat? I wash JUSHT having a lil' DRINKIE-drink with thaa-”

“Drop the act. You haven't even had enough to get tipsy, have you?.”

“HEY~! Ahm offendeded that YOOOOOOoooou would say thaaad! I am so-so-soooooooooooo-”

“I can smell your breath, you idiot.”

“Shooo whaaaaad? My brethhhhhhhhhpt is FRESH and PURE like thhhhhhhhummer breeesh!”

“...alright. Fine. You win. You're drunk. Let's go, then.”

“H-huh?! Where'reya-”

“If you're truly drunk, then I have no choice but to help you sober up, don't I? Holding your head in cold water long enough should do the trick, I should think.”

“Uhhh, well, THAT ish, um...”

“Or perhaps your entire body? Yes, that should work. A nice, long soak under the cold water should sober you right up.”

“H-ho-hold on! Don't you think that's-”

“Where shall we go, then? The waterfalls? Misty Lake? Oh, I know. The Sanzu would be pefect, wouldn't it? Yes, let's take you for a swim in the Sanzu.

“W-woah! Woah! Okay! You got me! I'm not drunk!”

“I don't believe you. We're going to the Sanzu.”

“Okay! Okay! I admit it! It was an act! An act!”

“Really. An act.”

“Yes! Yes, an act, okay?”

“Then I will ask you again, what the hell were you doing in there?!

“Exactly what I offered to do! Keep an eye on our guest, have a few drinks with her, takeafewnotes, keep her company-”

“You were going to write a story about this.”

“What? N-no! Never! I would never-”

“Right. Off to the Sanzu with you.”

“Okay! Fine! Maybe I was going to write about this! How could I not?! 'Rumble on the Mountain! Returning Oni Battles Tengu Securi-ACK!”

“You have until the count of five to tell me what you know before I force-feed you your notebook and throw you down the nearest steam vent.”

“Don't you think you're being a little too-”

One.

“Alright! Sheesh! You don't have to be so-”

Two.

“Oni's one Ms. Yuugi Hoshiguma, Old Hell resident. Came to mountain with strange group of followers, including the Celestial who nobody likes, the poisonous doll that nobody likes, and one human male who probably isn't exactly Mr. Popularity himself, given the company he keeps. Rumors of possession by evil spirits from Old Hell unlikely to help any. Not to mention, a-”

Three.

“Anyway! They were quickly intercepted by by our brave and intrepid security forces, who work tirelessly to ensure the continued peace and security of-”

FOUR.”

“A-ah! AndthentheyfoughtuntilamightywindblewthemallawayexceptforHoshigumawhoisnowdrinkingallofouralcoholtokeepherfromtearingtheplaceapart!

“Yes, about that. The wind that blew the intruders away.”

“Huh? What about it?”

“No one in my unit had any means of doing that.”

“Oh? I-is that so?”

“Nor were there any requests or orders for such measures to be used by anyone in my unit.”

“Well, er, you know how it can be sometimes, right? Sometimes things just-”

“Where is your fan, Shameimaru?”

“Ah, my what?”

“Your fan.”

“My fan? Oh, yes! My fan! Yes, of course, my fan! Of course you would want to know about-”

Where. Is. It.

“Well, see, therein lies a story! A small, completely uninteresting story, that is almost certainly of no relevance to current events and-”

“I am not in the mood for this, Shameimaru. Tell me what you did with the goddamned fan.”

“Well, I may have lent it to a certain, um, 'mutual acquiantance' in exchange for an interview or two. Ah-haha!”

Who?

“What? I can't tell you that! The confidentiality between a reporter and her source is one of the most sacred of bonds! One that must never be-”

”Nyahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa...”

“...er, wait. Was that Ibuki?”


Damn it, I don't have time for this. I don't know how good an oni's hearing is, but in a few more minutes it won't make a difference. As cathartic as it may be, roasting this bird will have to wait until later.


“Yes. Yes it was. Now listen to me, because I am only saying this once. She is on her way here. If you were having such a good time with just Hoshiguma's company, imagine how much more fun you'll have with Ibuki joining in.”

“I...I'm not sure I would enjoy that at all, really.”

“Especially not after they find out you've been holding back and only pretending to be drinking with them.”

“Yeah, they probably wouldn't... wait. You wouldn't.”

Try me.

“A-ah, okay, okay. I guess you, er, we should do something to stop that from happening? Right?”

“Exactly. Our 'guests' need to depart before our next one arrives. Both of them.”

“Both of who? Hoshiguma, sure, but who-”

Yasaka? The one I was trying to keep out of all of this? The one you watched as she-”

“Now, hold on, that's not fair! I was busy jotting down notes on what Hoshiguma was saying to even notice her coming inandI'lljustbeshuttingupnowsorry.”

So, this is what we are going to do, you and I. We are going to go back in there. I am going to have to explain myself and this whole fiasco to Her Holiness, including why we sent potential follower of hers plummeting to what could have been his death.”

“Wait, you mean he survi-”

You, meanwhile, get to sit back down and resume drinking with Hoshiguma. Properly, this time.”

“W-what?! You expect me to seriously drink with her?!”

“Yes. You will drink with her, entertain her, and keep her busy until we can arrange something to get her out of here. Or die trying.”

“But I will die! You saw the others! You know what she's like! It's suicide!”

“Don't be so dramatic. It's just for a few minutes, at most.”

“That's all it'll take! Seriously! Literally! Five minutes of drinking to keep pace with an oni? Dead! I'm dead! Completely, totally, absolutely dead!”

“Fine, then. I'll give you a choice. Either we go back in there and you drink with that oni, or we stay here and I get to kill you.

“That's not a choice at all!”

“Then we're in agreement. We're going back in there.”

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!



[ ] Whip it

[ ] Rock it

[ ] Pass it

[ ] Drop it
>> No. 170740
Great catharsis post.

[x] Whip it

Can't not vote for Devo.
>> No. 170741
[X] Whip it
>> No. 170743
[x] Rock it
>> No. 170749
[x] Rock it.

If only everyone could calm down and talk about this nicely we wouldn't have any of these arguments. Also, Aya, NEVER LEND YOUR FAN TO ANYONE OR THIS SHIT WILL HAPPEN.
>> No. 170750
[x] Whip it

It's all that I know to vote for. Whip it good.
>> No. 170755
[X] Drop it

I wonder if that type of music even exist in Gensokyo?
>> No. 170855
File 13728420676.jpg - (468.04KB , 600x806 , when a problem comes along.jpg ) [iqdb]
170855
“Come on! Faster! Go faster!”


The bitch has gone completely nuts. Why did it turn out like this? We could have just left them. Make it so they couldn't come after us, and be on our way. This way is funnier, though. No! No it's not! It's just going to cause problems for us later on! It's not like they can be kept this way forever. Either they get free and come after us, or someone else finds them, and they all come after us! Above ground for not even half a day, and we've already made an enemy of the worst possible group to make enemies of! But it is funny, though! How often can you say you've seen a tengu tied up and made to haul a giant rock while a Celestial rides it?


Yah! Mush! Mush!”


She's even smacking them with that stupid-looking sword of hers! If I didn't want stab out her eyes, shove that peach down her throat, and strangle her to death with her own hair, I might almost think I'm starting to want to not do any of that! Well, most of that, anyway. Now that I think of it, do Celestial eyes grow back? I don't know why they would, if they...no, no, I shouldn't be thinking like this. Stop thinking like this. I shouldn't be thinking like this. Of course, I also shouldn't keep telling myself things I know aren't true, should I? As if I don't really enjoy watching them suffer like this. Oh, no, of course I don't. Is there a word for that? The thing about enjoying their suffering? There should be. There probably is. I hope whoever had the idea before I did died a slow and painful death. Alone. Fucking asshole.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“She's forcing them to do what!?”

“As the message said, Captain! Pulling them like-”

“I know that's what the message said, Private, but I did not think it was meant to be literal when the rest of the message was in code!”

“Well, nobody really knew how to put that part in code, and the planning meetings never really covered-”

“Yes, okay, thank you.”


DAMN IT! Everything is falling apart! Stopping the intruders, recovering the intruders, keeping anyone and everyone who doesn't need to know about it from knowing about it! Just about every aspect of our plans that I can think of have completely shot to Hell!

Yasaka's presence only serves to compound the problem, to say nothing of her complete and total lack of reaction to everything I disclosed to her. Not that there was much left to disclose, after everything Hoshiguma had told her, but for her to display not even a hint of emotion as I laid bare everything we had been doing up to now? She's shrewd, I'll give her that. Had she shown even a hint of anger, joy, or anything else that would allow us to discern her mindset, we could at least anticipate what her next move was likely to be. As the goddess is now, though, our response to her may as well be determined by pure chance.


“What now, Captain?”

“Hm?”

“We have eyes on both the Celestial and the ones with the human. They're requesting permission to attack.”

“Tch. We're out of options. Were they simply defending themselves, I could overlook it, but to humiliate us in such a manner as that? The Celestial has crossed the line.”

“Er, Captain?”

“We're ending this fight, Private, and we're ending it now. Tell them have permission to-”

Not lay a finger on them, and allow them safe passage to their destination.

“Y-Yasaka?!”

Lady Yasaka, if you would please, 'Captain'

“With all due respect-”

“Too little, too late, don't you think?”


So this is how it's to be, is it?
So be it, then.

“...as I was saying, Private, they have permission attack.”

No, they do not.”

“That is not your call to make, Lady Yasaka.”

Isn't it? From what Yuugi has said, she and her friends were heading for my shrine when you stopped them. Were it not for your group, they would have been there by now.”

“They were intruders in our territory, and we-”

“Scattered them across 'your territory' and needlessly prolonged their time within it. If this is your idea of how to solve a problem, I would hate to see how you would put out a fire.”

“We did what we had to-”

“Had you considered, even for a moment, the possibility of talking to them? Finding out who they were, why they had come here, and what it would take for them to be willing to leave?”

“They were warned! We were following our standard-”

“Yes, yes, and look at how it's turned out so far. You did things your way. You failed. It's over.”

“Wha-? No! We're not finished, ye-”

I said it is over, 'Captain'. I will personally accompany Yuugi Hoshiguma to my shrine, your group will ensure the rest of her friends make it there without further incident, and they will be there by the time we arrive. If they aren't, then a rampaging oni is going to be the least of your worries, is that understood?”


DAMN IT.
DAMN IT!


“Hrrgh!”

“I'm sorry, what was that?”

“...yes, Lady Yasaka. Understood, Lady Yasaka.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


[ ] Hey Jealousy
[ ] Peaches
[ ] Take the Long Way Home
[ ] Toxicity
[ ] We Are the Dead
>> No. 170858
[x] Peaches

I hate Kanako... but DAMN she's actually got some common sense in her head.
>> No. 170873
[x] Toxicity

Honestly? The tengu brought this upon themselves.
>> No. 170883
[X] We Are the Dead
>> No. 170885
[w] We Are the Dead
So many choices.
>> No. 170886
[x] Peaches
>> No. 170889
[X] Toxicity

I wonder what the mephitic duo are up to.
>> No. 170893
[x]Chop Suey Toxicity
>> No. 170996
[!] Peaches
>> No. 170999
[X] Toxicity
>> No. 171000
[X] Take the Long Way Home
>> No. 171146
[X] Take the Long Way Home
I'd like to think this is MC.
Honestly not sure of anything though.
>> No. 171171
[x] Hey Jealousy
>> No. 171179
[X] Take the Long Way Home
I too hope that this is the MC.
>> No. 171196
[X] Peaches
>> No. 171215
[X] Toxicity
>> No. 171255
File 137335635617.png - (238.33KB , 500x500 , it's talking again why is it talking again.png ) [iqdb]
171255
The three beasts fall quickly, with little more than a strangled gasp of shock escaping each of them before their consciousness fades. Though much of their victory was due to swiftness with which the child and her companion struck the foul creatures, they owed at least some thanks to the strange bag the trio had been so preoccupied with carrying. Had they been more alert, they may very well have tasted the bitter sting of their undoing as it coalesced around them, and make some futile attempt to escape or mount a counterattack.

Not that they would have succeeded, of course. There would be no escape for them, this time. No repeat of the disgrace they upon the child before. There would be nothing for them but swift vengeance, and that is precisely what they received, along with copious amounts of a highly potent paralyzing agent. They may survive, and eventually recover, they were unlikely to pose any threat to them for the remainder of the visit to this loathsome place.

“Hey, Su-san, what do you think was in that bag?”

A fair question, the child asks. Though delving into the thought procesess of these contemptable beasts was not an activity either of them cared to engage in, it clearly was something considered important enough to require three of their kind to transport it. It was also, however, irrelevant to their cause, and thus of little consequence if it shattered upon ground below them.

Shattering upon the skull of one of the beasts would have been ideal, of course, but the appeal would be diminished by the knowledge that they were unlikely to feel it as a result of the poisons that were presently coursing through their veins and numbing their every nerve.


“Oh my~! What do we have here?”


The miniturized brute speaks, much to their continued dismay Although it has the presence of mind to keep its distance, an arrangement neither the child nor her companion found disagreable, save for the way it inscreases the loudness of its noises to compensate even though it really does not need to do so.

It really does not need to do so. It would be preferrable if it would do the opposite. Of everything.
Speaking. Breathing. Existing.

And yet, here it is, still doing all of those things. Those loathsome things it does, and is, but now with the addition of a filthy bag it pilfered. A bag it is seemingly attempting to draw their attention to. As if they had any interest in such a thing.

“Huh? We don't?”

[ ] Of course they do.
[ ] Of course they don't.
>> No. 171259
[X] Of course they do.

Just look in the damn bag already.
>> No. 171290
[x] Of course they do.

What's in the Bag.
>> No. 171294
[X] Of course they don't.

Their plebeian bag is nothing compared to the rucksacks of yore.
>> No. 171308
[x] Of course they do.

Hey there Anon, haven't seen you in a while. Or Medicine and Yuuka, for that matter.
>> No. 171490
Updating will be delayed for a few days due to reasons. Reasons that involve the moving of things, both physical and not. Also, learning. The learning of things new and frightening, but mostly irritating.

Fuck you, Windows 8.
>> No. 172062
File 137448184341.jpg - (36.78KB , 1500x1000 , I'm starting not to see myself.jpg ) [iqdb]
172062
Of course they were curious. How could they not be? Even if it was of no value to them, it was clearly something of value to those flea-ridden mongrels. When one cannot gain for themselves, they may still achieve victory by depriving something from their enemies.

Air, for example.

Still, to openly admit as much would be to give that pajama-clad wretch something she may-

“Okay, I'll go make her show us, Su-san!”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's dark. So dark. So very, very dark.
You don't remember why it was so dark, but you have a feeling that the absence of light might have something to do with it. Also, eyes. Those also seem to be something you are lacking at the moment. Or, at least, you think that might be what you're missing. You can't be too sure, though. You can't exactly see your eyes, can you? You're pretty sure you can't, but not to the extent that you would bet money on it.

In any case, you can't see your eyes, and since you cannot see them, you cannot be certain that you actually have them. Or, for that matter, ever had them. You think you remember having them at some point in the past, but you think a lot of things like that. Things like what body parts you may or may not have once possessed.


“Hey, girl-lady, what's in the bag?”

“Oh~? Would you like to see~?”


You hear voices. You would think this was a sign that you had ears. You would think that, wouldn't you? Of course you would. Yet, can you see your ears? See them with the eyes that you might not have? Of course you can't. You can't see anything. Anything at all. If you were the sort who only believed what could be seen with your own two eyes, the only thing you would be believing in at this moment was nothing. Nothing at all.


“Yeah! What's in it?”

“What's in what~?”


When you thought about it like that, you had to wonder about those voices you were still hearing. Hearing, but not seeing. Certainly, you were hearing something, somehow, but how could you know what it was without seeing the source of those sounds you think you thought you heard?


“The bag! What's in the bag?”

“I'm not telling~!”

“What? Why not?”

“Because you didn't say the magic word~!”

“Huh?”


The voices continue to speak. You think they sound familiar, somehow, and yet...

Well, it's probably just your imagination.
Yes, you're quite sure that's what it is. Just your imagination playing some silly little tricks on you.
The imagination can be so silly like that sometimes, can't it? Making you think you remember things you really don't, because they never really happened.

Like having eyes.
Or ears.
Or arms.
Legs.
Or a body of any kind.


“What do you say when you want someone to do something for you, hmm~?”

“Um... do it, or I'll make you dead?”


Memories are funny like that, aren't they? Making you think things that are clearly not true.
Eyes? Ears? Arms? Legs? A body with any or all of those things? It's almost enough to make you want to scream at them for lying to you, yet that would require a mouth, which you probably don't have, either. Not anymore.

Or ever. You can't lose what you never had, after all, and you certainly never had that.
Certainly.


“Good answer~! But I'm still not showing you.”

“Huh? Why not?!”

“Because I~ don't~ want~ to~!”



You're not sure what the voices you think you're hearing, but probably aren't, are talking about. It probably has absolutely nothing to do with you, though. Nothing to do with you whatsoever.

Really, you have to wonder why you're even still here. 'Here' being 'nowhere'. Nowhere but a empty, black void of nothing. No attachments to anything. No previous engagements of any sort. No reason at all for you to remain where you are. Which is nowhere. Nowhere, with nothing. Nothing to keep you here. No reason to not simply let go. Let go.

Let go.



[ ] Let go.


[ ] Hold on.



----------------------------------------------------

Okay, so that took a lot longer than I thought it would. Then again, things like that have been something of a running theme for me this past week or so.
>> No. 172068
[x] Hold on.

I wanna see Medi and Su-san again.
>> No. 172069
[X] Hold on.

I want to see everyone again, the group we collected is too amazing to just give up on.
>> No. 172071
[x] Hold on.
never let go.

Also , good to finally have an update!
>> No. 172072
[x] Hold on.

Yesterday I checked the status of the story. I am glad you got another update out.
>> No. 172148
File 137456873588.jpg - (3.67KB , 500x377 , now the world is gone.jpg ) [iqdb]
172148
“Why you-”

“I'll give you a hint, though~!”


You still hear the voices. You think you still hear the voices. But you can't. You're not hearing anything right now. Nothing at all. There is no light. No sound. Nothing at all. Nothing, nothing, nothing at all.


“Who do you know that wore a pink robe? Hm~?”

“Huh? Didn't the human have something like that?”

“Not anymore, he doesn't~!”


Those aren't voices you're hearing. Even if they were, they are definitely not talking about anything of any relation to you. That isn't snickering you're hearing from somewhere above you, either. Why would anyone be snickering? You have no clue! And that means that it isn't happening! Nothing is happening! Nothing is happening around you or to you or inside you because none of those things are real. Nothing is real. So just let go. Let go, and sink into the darkness of nothing. It will be like going to sleep! You like sleep, right? Of course you can't, because you cannot feel anything. Not sensations or emotions. You simply are, and that is a terrible thing. A terrible thing that you should stop. Right now would be fine. Just stop. Stop.



“Huh? What does that mean? What's so funny?!”

“Oh, nothing~! Nothing at a-”



Annnnnnnnnd there go the sounds. The sounds that you thought you were hearing, but were not. Now, you are not hearing them. You were never hearing them. Why it took so long for you to realize you were not hearing anything, you're not quite sure. It certainly is nothing to dwell upon, though. These things just happen. Losing things, that is. Vision, hearing, all of it. Not that you ever had them to lose, but if you did, it was almost certainly the result of a completely natural process and not in any way due to anyone or anything trying to take over your mind and body for their own use. Nobody could take them because you never had them. Isn't that nice to know? Isn't that reassuring? Comforting?

Doesn't it just make you want to, you know, let go? Just let it all go? It certainly would make things easier for everyone. Especially... well, you don't need to worry about that.

So, just, go ahead.

Go.






Now is fine.










Or now.








Any time you feel like it, really, but the sooner the better.

















You're still here.









Why are you still here?
















You shouldn't still be here.











Stop it.















Just go away. Go away.















Please go away?








Please? Pretty please?













You're not being very cooperative, are you? Even after you were asked so politely, and everything.












No, you're not being very cooperative at all.












You're quite stubborn. That's probably why this has taken as long as it has.
















But it's alright. It shouldn't be too much longer, now.



















Not much longer now.





















Okay, this is getting ridiculous. What is taking them so long?








One moment. Wait right here.

Or don't.





































[ ] Go north

[ ] Cry

[ ] Turn on light switch

[ ]
>> No. 172149
[x] Go north

You were eaten by a grue
>> No. 172150
[X] Turn on light switch

Seriously, screw these ghosts.
>> No. 172152
[x] Turn on light switch
Let there be light
>> No. 172153
[x]

What is this it makes me want to vote for it.
>> No. 172156
[x] Turn on light switch
>> No. 172166
[X]Get ye flask.

Nothing works to flush out spirits like more spirits, and this way we can finally get back to the original goal of 'get box and return to owner.'
>> No. 172173
[X] Turn on light switch

Let's at least try to get the party together. Even if our PC has completely lost his mind.
>> No. 172438
File 137517224413.png - (606.85KB , 960x720 , 24833514.png ) [iqdb]
172438
So, I was going to update. And then there were problems. I tried to fix the problems. Oh, how I tried to fix them. For an hour I tried to fix them. And then they fixed themselves. All of the problems, fixed. All but the one where I wasted an hour for absolutely no reason. Also, the "not writing" thing. That is also still an issue.

Anyway, will try to do something tomorrow.
>> No. 172475
File 137526356151.jpg - (4.86KB , 400x224 , the switch is indifferent to you.jpg ) [iqdb]
172475
...oh. You're still here. Still here, and-

What are you doing?


No, really. What are you doing?

You can't do anything, you know. You can't. It's pointless to even try.


Seriously. Stop. Just stop. You're just embarrassing yourself, you know.

Cone on. Really. Stop it.

You don't really think you can-


Oh. You opened your eyes.

You probably shouldn't be able to still do that.

How did you do that?


No, wait, never mind. Just stop doing that.

Stop doing that, and don't do it ever again.

Any moment now, they will...ah, there they go. Closed again.

At least, they seem to be closed. Again, hard to tell the difference. There isn't much light in here, to begin with.

Speaking of lights, if you happen to see one, feel free to just head right on into it. Just march right on in.

It'll be fine. We won't mind. You just go off into that light, if you see it.

Don't worry, we'll take good care of the place while you're away.

We may even take better care of it than you have, actually.

Some of the others have been poking around, you know. Getting a feel for the place you know? Seeing what it will be like when-



”-ooo! I think my grip is slipping again~! It must be all this foul air!”

“Stop that! I'm not gonna-”


Annnnnd there goes the hearing, again. That also shouldn't be happening.

Really, now. You're only making this harder on yourself, you know.

Don't you realize this is for the best?

Well, not for you, perhaps, but for others? This is absolutely for the best. 'The needs of the many,' and all that stuff. Like they say-



Oh. You opened your eyes again. That's cute. Really.

Now they're closed. Again. Wasn't that fun?

No, no it was not. You must think you're accomplishing something by doing this, don't you? Something other than merely delaying the inevitable.

Well, guess what? You're not. 'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few,' and right now 'the many' need you to stop being such a big baby about this whole 'possession' thing and just let this all run its course.

Honestly, it's been tough enough with how much of a mess it is in here, and here you are further complicating matters. It really is not appreciated, you know. In fact, some of the others would very much like to express how unappreciated your continual resistance is.

They won't, though.


Not yet.

You don't really want to know what it is they're planning on doing.

It won't be pleasant, though. Not at all.

Not that it matters, since you won't be there to see it, of course. They just wanted you to know. Know, and...


Again with the eyes. AGAIN WITH THE EYES.

That's how it's going to be, is it?




[ ] Hop

[ ] Skip

[ ] Jump

[ ] Twirl
>> No. 172476
[x] Twirl

Well, the last thing we saw WAS Hina.
>> No. 172478
[x] Hop
>> No. 172480
[X] Twirl

Flatter the switch
>> No. 172481
[X] Hop
[X] Skip
[X] Jump
[X] Twirl
All at once baby.
>> No. 172544
[X] Twirl

Hm... is it just me, or are the voices/possessing spirits sounding more and more like GLaDOS?
>> No. 172547
[X] Twirl

Always spinning, never stopping. That is the creed of the lady in green.
>> No. 173014
File 137638427051.jpg - (207.56KB , 910x567 , around the world around the world around the world.jpg ) [iqdb]
173014
Oh my. Oh me, oh me, oh my.
This day has been most unfortunate.
Most unfortunate, indeed.

That poor, poor young man.
So young-looking, yet brimming with misfortune.

Hmm~! I can still smell it on his mmmmm...

Ah! No! This is no time for things such as this!
That poor, unfortunate young man fell!
Falling and tumbling and spinning and-
A-ahhhhh~

...could it be he survived, I wonder?
Would he? Could he?
Is such a thing possible?
Truly, Miss Tengu seemed convinced of as much.
To think, the state he must be in, though!
Bruised and broken and bleeding a-and hauuumph!

Oh, goodness gracious!
Carrying on in this manner!
I should be ashamed of myself!
This robe was the only thing that poor young man had on his person!
The only thing protecting his modesty!
I should be rushing to return it to him, not clutching and sniffing it like some... some sort of...
Mmmmmmmmmm~
Ahh~!
My, my, but it does smell quite lovely, does it not?
All that misfortune, commingled with the aroma of flowers and... is that sulfur?
It tingles my nose as much as my-
Ah. Well, no matter~!

I must do what I must~!
I shall do what I shall~!
I will-


...well, perhaps just one more would not hurt.
Surely, it would not!



A-ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Hmmmmmm~!

That's quite nice~


Now then, where shall I go?
It is all well and good to wish to return this, but how am I to do that?
A human could not have made it far, on foot.
An injured one, even less so.
Yet he made it this far in, somehow.

My, my, how curious.
How very, very curious.
Perhaps I should inquire about this matter with someone?

But who? Who?
Who, indeed?

Neither tengu nor kappa are all that welcoming.
Certainly not after that fire, last time.

The sisters, perhaps?
Hardly their season, but was that not the elder that I saw the other day?
She did not respond when I called out.
Perhaps she was lost in thought?

Ah, but of course! The shrine!
The shrine!
Those three could almost certainly be of...
Ah, well. At least two of those three could-

Well, alright, at least one of those three could be of assistance.
Such a nice child, that one.
Confusing, but sweet.
I think I shall go and-

Oh? Do I see someone there?
I believe that I do~!



[ ] Kappa-pa kappa-pa deedle-lee-dee~

[ ] Floating and drifting, leaves on the breeze~

[ ] Slithering, withering, hop-pa-ba-dee~

[ ] Mind how you fly, and watch out for that tree~





-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy, folks. Sorry for the inactivity, lately. I am hoping to reverse this trend, at least until reality comes to get in the way, again. And it will. Oh boy, how it will.

But, hey! New Touhous! Lovely, lovely new Touhous!
Who all have as much chance of appearing in this story as I have of remembering little Miss Shorty McBowlhat's name.
So, there's that.
>> No. 173019
[X] Floating and drifting, leaves on the breeze~

So peaceful~
>> No. 173022
[X] Slithering, withering, hop-pa-ba-dee~

Kanako could probably get Hina pointed in the right direction. I think.
>> No. 173048
[X] Slithering, withering, hop-pa-ba-dee~

Hot damn, an update on the day I get my internet back. As to the vote, can't go wrong with sliding.
>> No. 173094
File 137655761632.png - (946.97KB , 700x1133 , I don't want to set the shrine on fire.png ) [iqdb]
173094
Ah, how long has it been?
How long, how long?
Weeks, or months, or years?
Surely not years!
Still, it's been a while since my last visit.
That party, was it?
I'm sure it was.
So rare for me to be invited to parties.
So rare, indeed!
Even if they don't really want me to come, it's such a nice gesture.
So nice and polite!

Now then, I should be just about... ah~! There it is~!
It really is a nice shrine they have.
Their lake is quite pretty, too
Even now, it's so impressive that those three could move all of it here.
Teamwork is such a wonderful thing~!

I do hope at least one of them is here, though.
Surely, they would not leave it completely unattended.
I cannot see anyone out here, though
Inside, then, perhaps?
Perhaps so, I would think.

Ah, but I shouldn't get too close, should I?
I probably shouldn't.
They might not like that.
Almost certainly not.
Oh, how unfortunate.
Should I call out, perhaps?
Knock on their door?
That could go badly.
Quite badly.
So very badly.
I probably shouldn't knock.


Oh, what to do, what to do...


[ ] Knock knock knock~

[ ] Hello-hello-hello~

[ ] Sniff-sniff-sniff~

[ ] Spin-spin-spin~
>> No. 173095
Spin-Spin-Spin-
>> No. 173098
[x] Hello-hello-hello~
Hard to resist spinning but vocal harassment sounds fun.
>> No. 173099
You said goodbye goodbye goodbye, I say
[x] Hello-hello-hello~
>> No. 173101
[x] Hello-hello-hello~

It's the polite thing to do!
>> No. 173120
[X] Spin-spin-spin~

When in doubt perform interpretive dance.
>> No. 173121
[X] Hello-hello-hello~
I don't why you say goodbye, I say hello~
I say high, you say low
You say "why?", and I say "I don't know"
>> No. 173201
File 137681558665.jpg - (1.54MB , 1900x2150 , can't unsee bowface.jpg ) [iqdb]
173201
“Hello~? Hello~?”

Was that loud enough?
Too loud?
I cannot hear anything from within.

Hello~?

Oh dear, I do hope someone can hear me in there.
Or that there is even someone in there, for that matter.

Helloooooooooooooooo~?

“No, no! That's no good! You gotta really put those pipes into if you want anyone to hear you in there!”

“Oh, is that so?”

“Yeah! Really work that diaphragm! You can do it!”

“Are you certain that is truly necessary, Miss Moriya?”


We may not speak often, but I would not mistake that voice.
I cannot say the same for its source, however.
Behind? Below?
No, no, no...


“Weeeeeeeell, not if you want to be boring about it, I guess. Up here, by the way.”


Oh goodness, there she is.
So used to looking 'round, and even down.
Yet so rarely ever 'up'!
If only flipping were not so disorienting.
To say nothing of its effect on my dress and hair.


“So, what brings you spinning to our humble- no, wait. Don't tell me. Laundry day?”

“Huh?”

“Sorry, but our washer's on the fritz again. Kanako had the bright idea to let one of the kappa take a look at it, and the little genius had to go and give it some 'upgrades'. Ever wonder what an indoor typhoon looks like? “

“Ah, no, no, I do not require anything to be washed.”

“You sure? Because I can smell that thing from up here! No offense, but phew!

“Oh, actually, this robe is the reason I-”

”Lady Suwakooooo!”

“Shh! Hold that thought. Pretend you didn't see me.”

“A-ah? Miss Moriya? What are you-”


Oh. Oh dear. She vanished.
Perhaps I've interrupted something, after all?
Oh dear, oh dear...


“Lady Suwako? Are you out here? Where are you- oh! Miss Curse Goddess! Hello!”

“Ah, oh, hello! Good day to you, Miss Kochiya.”

“Oh, no, please! Just 'Sanae' is fine, really.”

“Very well, Miss Sanae.”


Well, this is quite a pleasant surprise!
Though, not so surprising, I should say.
This is her home, after all.
Regardless, it is good to see the young shrine maiden is here, as well!
Or is it 'priestess'?
'Goddess'?
She really is a confusing girl.
So very nice, though!

“Uh, well, that's... actually, that's close enough. Anyway, have you seen Lady Suwako out here, by any chance?”

“Miss Moriya? Well...”


[ ] Yes, I haven't seen her.

[ ] No, I have seen her.
>> No. 173203
I know what happened, that MC fell into a river.

but all this POV shifting is giving me a headache... and I can't honestly tell what's happening right now.

Votes:
[X] Yes, I haven't seen her.
>> No. 173205
[?] Yes, I haven't seen her.
Thank you for the bowface.
>> No. 173206
[x] Yes, I haven't seen her.
>> No. 173207
[X] Yes, I haven't seen her.
I think this is the lie option.
Maybe.
>> No. 173209
[X] No, I have seen her.

She was last seen up above.
>> No. 173229
File 137690589523.jpg - (1.39MB , 768x2100 , Kanako loves the Hot Pockets.jpg ) [iqdb]
173229
Oh dear, oh dear, what to do...


“A-ah, well, yes!”

“You... haven't seen her, then?”

“Yes. I mean, no. I mean to say, um, that is correct.”

“...oh. Well, if you see her, could you let her know to come find me?”

“Oh my, of course~!”

“Thank you. Now, where did I leave that...hmmm...


Well, there she goes.
I feel somewhat conflicted about being dishonest with her.
Still, if Miss Moriya must have her reasons for avoiding her, and it is hardly my place to meddle in their affairs.


“...is she gone?”

“Ah, yes, I believe so?”

Phew! Thanks, you're a life-saver.”

“Is something the matter, Miss Moriya?”

“Ehh, enough of that 'Miss' stuff, but, nah. It's nothing. Except a lot of things.

“Oh dear, nothing serious, I hope.”

“Well, it's hard to say. Something's got the tengu all freaked out, and that's usually not good. Something's also got Kanako all giddy, and that's always not good. All either of us could get out of her when she called was something about company coming, and telling Sanae to get ready. Oh, and Kanako's gonna cook dinner tonight. Kanako. Cooking dinner.”

“Well, if she is in such a celebratory mood, is that not a good sign?”

“I'm not sure you heard me right. Kanako is planning on cooking. Kanako. Cooking. In all the years I've known her, I've yet to see that woman 'cook' anything that doesn't involve pushing a button. And even then, there's the smell. Eugh. Any room she calls a 'kitchen' I call a place where dreams go to die.”

“My, that is certainly, ah...”

“But, enough about our bad smells, and let's hear about yours! What's the deal with the stink-robe?”

“Oh, that's right! Well, you see...”



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


”Come on! Let me see!”

“Nope~!”

“Just once!”

“No way~!”




Oh, they are so lively, aren't they?
Lively, and noisy.
I wish they would shut up, but some of the others seem to enjoy the sounds they're making.
Some of them are enjoying the thought of all the other sounds they could be making, too.
You probably don't want to know what most of those sounds are, do you?
Perhaps I should describe them to you?
Or, perhaps I shouldn't. It would be rather cruel, wouldn't it?
But you can imagine, can't you?
You can still do that much at least, right?

Not that you can do much else, after all.
It's taken longer than any of us would have liked, but we've just about gotten the hang of running this waste of flesh you call a body.
Movement is still proving to be a bit of a problem, but everything else? Working just fine.
Right now, we could stop your heart and lungs, if we wanted to.
Just stop them, completely.
Full. Dead. Stop.

We won't, though, don't worry.
That would defeat the whole purpose of doing this, after all.
Your vital functions are all quite safe, I can assure you.

The not-so-vital things in your head, though?
Not quite so safe.
Just about the only thing stopping any of us from just wiping out any old memory we feel like is the fact that you wouldn't know you've lost anything, and where's the fun in that?
What good is it to do something to someone, when the end result is them being unable to realize you've even done anything?

Unless, of course, someone were to tell you about it.

We'll just let that sink in for a little bit.



”Ahh, here we are~!”

“Huh? Su-san, who're that?”

“Ooh! Look! The guests are here! And they brought presents!”




Was that long enough?
If it helps any, we probably haven't done anything like that, yet.
Far be it for any of us to deprive someone else of what we've endured.
No, you can keep your precious little memories. Your joys, your sorrows, your regrets.
They're yours to keep, and desperately hold onto as you feel yourself slipping away from this world.



”The goddess of this shrine, I presume?”

“Yeah, yeah, one of the three, welcome, praise us, blah blah blah. Now, what's in the bag? What's in the baaaaaag?”

“Oh, just some fertilizer~”

“Huh? But you said that-”

“Oh, look. A couple of humans are forcing a doll to eat mud pies on the other side of that lake.”

“H-huh?! Where?!”

“Over there, can't you see~? If you hurry, you can still stop them~!”

“Su-san! We gotta stop them!”




Ahh, that one is so simple-minded, isn't she?
No wonder you got her to follow you around, like a puppy.
Still, she could be useful.
It is quite crowded in here, after all, and a vessel is a vessel.
Maybe, when we're finished with...

...wait. 'Shrine'? 'Goddess'?

Oh. Ohohoho.
So that's what's going on out there.
We probably should have been paying more attention, but you can hardly fault us for being distracted.



”Ahh, to be young, again. Now, what's in the bag? What's in it?”

“Very well. Here you go. Now excuse me, it's time for my nap.”

“Yaaay! Now, what have we got... ooooooooooh boy.”

“Ah-aaaaaaahn~!”

“Don't make me break out the hose on you, Missy.”

“Ah-h-h-h! S-so-sorry! It's jus-sht...”

“Yeah, no, don't want to know. Sanae! Hey! Sanaeeeeeee! Get 'the room' ready!”

“Lady Suwako? So you were out here! Where did-”

“Shh! Listen! Room. Ready. Now!”

“That room? Why do you want... oh. Oh no.”

“Sanae, dear? Less gawky, more walky!”

“O-oh, right! Right! I'll get it ready right now!”

“Honestly, kids. Hina, if you would...”

“A-aaaah~”

“Actually, just stay right there.”




Why are we still not moving?
Why are we still not moving?!
So much for the power of teamwork, huh?
Of course, if worse comes to worst, we can always find another vessel.
It's not like they're lacking for bodies up here.



”Hey! Yoohoo~! Anyone in there? Can you hear me? Hellooooooooooo~? C'mon! Do something! Anything!”





[ ] blink

[ ] twitch


[ ] gurgle





[ ]





-------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>173203

I know, and I'm sorry. I can't make any promises about your confusion or headaches, but the shifting won't be a thing for very much longer, aside from possibly checking in on Rikako and company. Unless you would prefer to be kept in the dark about that until you run into them again.
Assuming you do, anyway.
>> No. 173231
[x] gurgle
So, Yuuka just threw the MC-bag at Kanako eh?
>> No. 173232
[X] blink

Help. Possessed. Please exorcise.
>> No. 173234
[X] blink

[X] Gurgle

If blinking doesn't work, gurgle will surely get their attention.
>> No. 173238
[X] gurgle

Need to work on getting vocalization back, or else the tradition of asking people to dinner will be broken.
>> No. 173240
[x] gurgle

Someone please get these freaking spirits out of us, thank you very much.
>> No. 173243
[X] Gurgle

Preferably in a way that can be interpreted as a question about their opinion on such subjects as eggs, rock throwing and whether they would like to join us for dinner.
>> No. 173253
[X] blink

[X] Gurgle

Well allright.
>> No. 173313
>>173238
I think this must be close to the 1 year anniversary of him not being able to speak a single fucking word.

[x] gurgle
>> No. 173318
File 137716430239.png - (285.04KB , 590x700 , nighty-night.png ) [iqdb]
173318
Don't say anything.
Don't do anything.
Do absolutely nothing.
You can't do anything.
You can't.
You can't.
We won't let you.
We won't let you.
We won't-


...hrrggggkgrrrgkhkk.

“Ooh, good! Well, kinda. Relatively.”


How can you still do that?
Why are you still doing that?
Stop that!
Stop right now!


Ggnnnnrrrrgck...hnnnnrrrrugh...

“Awww, that's cute! Really! But you really ought to be asking someone closer to your age, you know?”

...ehhhgggkht.

“Yes, yes, tasty and high in protein. Now hush! It's time for good little children to take a nap, okay?”


Stop that!
STOP THAT!
NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE
MUST GET OUT OF HERE
MUST MOVE MUST MOVE NOW
NOW NOW NOW MOVE MOVE
WHY ARE WE NOT MOVING WHAT IS SHE DOING
GET THAT HAND AWAY GET AWAY DON'T TOUCH
DON'T TOUCH GET AWAY NO NO NO
NO NO KILL YOU WE'LL KILL YOU
WE'LL NO DON'T STO




“Annnnd, light's out~!”



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“...ow make sure they're secure!”

“Uh, is this really necessary, Lady Suwako?”

“What, the restraints?”

“Yes, the...I mean, no! But yes! Agh! It's just, well...”

“Come on, Sanae. Use your words.”

“I-it's just, it's creepy! This thing is creepy! That thing is creepy! That thing over there is really creepy!”

“So, what you're saying is...what?”

“This whole room is creepy! It's creepy, Lady Suwako! I don't know why we even have all of this stuff!”

“History and tradition, young lady! You should learn to appreciate it!"

“Lady Suwako, I can't even tell what half of these things are! Like that! What is that even for?!”

“Oh, what? That little thing? Well, see, you stick someone's finger into that, and then-”

I don't want to know!

“History and tradition, young lady! History! And! Tra-

“And stop saying that!”


what

that is all think you do think think but think not good now no Head fuzzy fuzzy head brain hurt
wakeawakeywakey want to sleep more can't sleep no where is am are you where where here where here oh look see lady girl lady lady green short lady girl hat head

not think work good not
good think work not no
think not good not work
brain fuzzy fuzz fuzz head in but head

what


“Whaaaaaaaaat, but it's true! Creepy secret torture-murder rooms were all the rage back in the day!”

“Lady Suwako, please. You're not helping.”

“Okay, fine, let's get serious. Yes.”

“Um, 'yes' what, Lady Suwako?”

“It's necessary.”

“...and?”

“Annnnnd you've got your job to do! Stop worrying about the details and get to it! Chop-chop! He's not getting any less-possessed just laying there, you know!”

“O-oh! Right! Right! Sorry! I'm almost done with the preparations! I'll just-”

“Although, now that I think about it, maybe he should be naked after all.”



what








[ ] maybe say make mouth sound thing try

[ ] shh think head brain work start better try thing

[ ] shhhhhh hear talk word lady girl see shhhhhhhhhhhhh

[ ] fuzzy head head fuzzy think hard sleepy sleepy nap sleep now time yes






-------------------------------------------

>>173313
>I think this must be close to the 1 year anniversary of him not being able to speak a single fucking word.

Actually, I think that wouldn't be for another three or four months. Still closer to being a year than not, I suppose, but far enough away that I don't think we have to worry about hitting it.

Even my tendency to stretch things out to ridiculously unnecessary lengths has its limits, after all.
>> No. 173319
[x] shh think head brain work start better try thing
>> No. 173320
[x] shh think head brain work start better try thing
warning /dev/brain contains a file system with errors, check forced.
>> No. 173321
[x] maybe say make mouth sound thing try
WORDS
PLEASE COME OUT
PLEASE
>> No. 173322
[x] maybe say make mouth sound thing try

Try to communicate with the pretty ladies.
>> No. 173326
[X] maybe say make mouth sound thing try
>> No. 173327
[x] maybe say make mouth sound thing try

Come on Anon.
You can do it.
You can talk again.
I believe in you.
>> No. 173332
[X] shh think head brain work start better try thing

Get the brain working before you try sending commands with it. If the brain doesn't work the only thing coming out is another gurgle.
>> No. 173341
[X] maybe say make mouth sound thing try

C'mon Anon, you're so close to making words again. Just a little more.
>> No. 173370
[X] shh think head brain work start better try thing
We have our head again!
Hurrah!
>> No. 173374
[X] shh think head brain work start better try thing
>> No. 173497
File 137788632058.jpg - (236.98KB , 720x540 , whyyyyyy.jpg ) [iqdb]
173497
Writing and updating happening eventually. Long work week and a bitch of a cold are currently a thing, though. I do not like those things. I do not like them at all.
>> No. 173787
File 137879793578.jpg - (424.73KB , 1093x800 , an old priest and a young priest.jpg ) [iqdb]
173787
hat head girl say what huh thing
what what say what
thing is am are huh
hard see think say
hard hard hard hard hard
maybe need do try thing yes
yes yes yes
do try thing yes try try think try
try think try think see hear think
think feel hard cold

hard cold
move can't
move
can't
move

can't move
can't move
why
Why
Why?

Why can't move you why
can't you move? Why can't you-

Oh. Oh.

Things.
Things on arms.
Legs?
Can't see down.
Feel. Feel on legs.
Something hold hold ing holding.
Thing holding.
Can't move. Can't move feet legs.
Or.
Arms.

Can't move legs or arms.

Head clear clearearearlingclearing.

Clearing. Head clearing.
Your is.
Head is clearing.
Your head.
Is clearing.

Your head is clearing.
Your head is clearing thinking thinking getgetgettingetting easeasey-er easier.

Easier. Getting easier.


“Hey. Hey, Sanae? Sanae? Hey. I said, maybe he should be-”

“No, he doesn't, Lady Suwako.”

“He could be~!”

“He doesn't need to be~!”


The green-girl makes a voice like the hat-girl.
It is a decent imp...

Imp...
Impray...
Impurs...
Im.. impress... ion?
Impression?
Impression.
It is a decent impression.

Thinking is getting easier.
But easier is still not 'easy'.


“Yeah, but just think how much easier it would be for you if he was! Don't look at me like that. It's just like how you get rid of nervousness when you're in front of a crowd by pretending they're all naked. Except without having to pretend!”

“I think I can manage, Lady Suwako.”

“Of course you can, dear. I believe in you, who believes in blah blah blah. I'm just saying, you know, it's there. It's an option. If you start thinking 'this would be so much easier if he were naked,' we can totally make that happen. Or maybe you could be naked, if that's what you want. He might appreciate it, too, even! He certainly doesn't look like his day's been going so well, after all, and what could be better to wake up to than the sight of-”

“Can we please just start, already?!”

“Oh, fine, fine, fine. It's probably too late for that, anyway.”


You think hat-girl looks over at you, briefly.
Does she know you are awake?
Are you awake?
You think you are.
Maybe.

Bit by bit, you feel more... awake? Aware?
Yes, that seems about right, you think.

You think.
Thinking.
You're thinking.
That's good, right? Right.
Thinking is good.
Thinking is very good.
You are a good thinking... guy.
Talking is is a thing you are a good guy at.

You think you might be able to try doing that.
That thing that you are good at.
The thing besides thinking, that is.

Talking.
Yes. Talking.
You think you should try doing that.
You think you're going to do that.
Talking.
You're going to do it.
You're going to do it now.

Right now.


Riiiiiight now.





Oh. Right. You need something to do talking.
You need words to talk.
You know many words. Words for talking.
You will try talking with your words.
Words like:


[ ]










------------------------------------------------------------------



This shouldn't gave taken this long, but it did, and I am sorry about that.

Being able to breathe again, though? Not sorry about that. Not sorry about that at all.
>> No. 173791
[X]Hello Lady Person, Dinner?
Tradition must be kept, after all.
>> No. 173798
[x] Hello Lady person Dinner? I agrre tradition must be keeped for the sake of hilarity
>> No. 173800
[x] While I'd really enjoy the sight of your naked body, I think I should invite you to dinner first.

He has been silent for so long that he has to overcompensate.
>> No. 173803
[X] Have you seen my rocks?

We already asked the hatted lady out for dinner, yet she refused. Time for priority #2.
>> No. 173814
[X] Have you seen my rocks having dinner, lady person?

Now that's just stupid.
>> No. 173819
>>173803
Aren't we talking to sanae?

[x]>>173800
>> No. 173822
[x] While I'd really enjoy the sight of your naked body, I think I should invite you to dinner first.
>> No. 173830
[x] While I'd really enjoy the sight of your naked body, I think I should invite you to dinner first.

Brilliant!
>> No. 173851
Alrighty, I'm going to try to get something written tomorrow night. If I do call the vote, it won't be until sometime tomorrow afternoon or in the evening.

So, you know, it's open until then. Nothing's locked-in, yet. Plenty of time to make any additions or, say, alterations you might think of. Maybe rephrase something, a little, if you are so inclined to do that.

Just, you know, throwing that out there. Letting you know it's an option. Just a little something you could do, if you really wanted to. It's fine if you don't, though. Either way, almost everything will probably be perfectly fine.
>> No. 173860
>>173851
We're fucked, aren't we?
>> No. 173861
[x] Hello Lady person Dinner?
>> No. 173862
[x] Hello Lady person Dinner? Hungry? Eggs.

I have a bad feeling about this. A very bad feeling.
>> No. 173863
>>173860
Noooo, noooo, nooo. No. It's just, I have a feeling that whatever you guys are hoping/expecting to happen with a certain vote might not go the way you'd like, if left as-is, is all. Unless what is likely to happen is what you're hoping will happen, of course, in which case you have nothing to worry about.

Just keep in mind that some people are more receptive to certain approaches than others, and you should keep in mind what differences there are between the people you meet when deciding how to broach a subject.

Then again, when one door closes, another usually opens. Usually. If you're lucky.

Do you feel lucky?
>> No. 173865
>>173863
I love hate you.
>> No. 173869
File 137914631133.jpg - (45.24KB , 473x310 , uhhhhhhh.jpg ) [iqdb]
173869
Dinner!
Yes! Dinner is a good thing.
It is good to say good things.
Dinner is a good thing to say.
A good thing to say to the green-girl-lady-person.
The pretty green-girl-lady-person.
The pretty green-girl-lady-person the hat-lady-girl thinks should be naked.

That could also be a good thing.
You think that would be a good thing.
You think you should might probably say the thing.
The thing that is good.

This is a good idea.

“Person, dinner! Hello Lady!”

The words come out.
Sounds strange, but not sure why.
The lady ladies girl ladies look at you, though.
That is good!

“Uhh, Lady Suwako?”

Shhhh! This could be good!”


They are looking at you.
They are waiting for more words!
Words you will deliver! Yes!

“While I enjoy to really you of invite the I dinner I'd sight should think first!”

“What... what does that even mean?”

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

“Body, naked your! The think of I'd your sight enjoy, to invite while really naked dinner!”


Hat-girl-lady make...
Make...fun-fun-funny- makes a funny sound.
The girl in the hat makes a funny sound.
The green girl simply looks...
Confused?
Worried?
Horrified?
Smitten?

Probably one of those.
Or maybe all of those.

Your head is still a little fuzzy, it seems.

But, wait!
You think you are forgetting something!
Something important!


[ ] Introductions! How could you invite a lady to dinner without first asking her name? Or offering her yours?

[ ] Questions! Where are you? Who are they? Why can't you move? What are they going to do to you? Is it going to hurt? How much is it going to hurt?

[ ] Assertions! Whatever you did to wind up here, you didn't do it. Honest. You have an airtight alibi for all times.

[ ] Shhhh no now is sleep time no more talk just dreams now shhhhhhhhhhh


-------------------------------------------------------------



So there was a tie. And then I had an idea. Then another idea. And so, long story short, I probably didn't have to worry about the thing I was worried about, after all. Now, there will probably whole new things to worry about. I have no clue what they might be, but they are almost certainly there. Waiting. It should be fun to see what they are.
>> No. 173870
[X] Assertions! Whatever you did to wind up here, you didn't do it. Honest. You have an airtight alibi for all times.

We were having dinner with a lady-friend, unless the accusation is that we had dinner with her, in which case we were having dinner with a friendly lady. Regardless of the time. It's always dinner time somewhere.
And teaching our disciple how not to suck at rock trowing, if the accusation is having dinner, because clearly it wasn't dinner time at the time. If it's dinner time somewhere, it must be not-dinner time everywhere else.
Also we had eggs for maybe-dinner.
>> No. 173871
[x] Questions! Where are you? Who are they? Why can't you move? What are they going to do to you? Is it going to hurt? How much is it going to hurt?

So very confused.
>> No. 173872
[x] Questions! Where are you? Who are they? Why can't you move? What are they going to do to you? Is it going to hurt? How much is it going to hurt?

Thanks for the tie guys, now we'll be stuck with the retarded speech for another 3 years (damn this story is long-running)
Then again, I suppose I was too optimistic-his speech issue is serious. I just miss those times when you could invite someone to dinner and they'd be all 'I understand what you said, but I don't see any reason to accept'
>> No. 173873
>>173872
To be fair, when the MC's brain was having trouble thinking in coherent sentences just moments ago, expecting anything that comes out of his mouth to be much better was probably a bit too much to hope for.

Even if speech wasn't a problem for him, leading off your dinner invitation with "I'd like to see you naked" probably wasn't going to do you any favors.
>> No. 173874
[X] Assertions! Whatever you did to wind up here, you didn't do it. Honest. You have an airtight alibi for all times.

You can't prove anything, I'm innocent.
>> No. 173877
>>173872
I doubt he would've kept the vote exactly the same as it was, seeing as he jumbled it in the regular post. Just saying. [spoilers]jerk[/spoilers]
[X] Assertions! Whatever you did to wind up here, you didn't do it. Honest. You have an airtight alibi for all times.
They must know we did not do it. Whatever it is. Wasn't us though.
>> No. 173882
[X] Introductions! How could you invite a lady to dinner without first asking her name? Or offering her yours?

Anon is a gentleman after all. A mentally unstable and possessed gentleman admitably, but still a gentleman.
>> No. 173886
[x] Introductions! How could you invite a lady to dinner without first asking her name? Or offering her yours?

Preposterous!
>> No. 173926
File 13795318634.jpg - (109.49KB , 512x384 , adios amigo.jpg ) [iqdb]
173926
Welp. The old PC's finally kicked the bucket, possibly for the last time. I had been expecting it this time, though, so losses are minimal, and writing/updating ability is mostly unaffected.

That said, there's another long-ass series of work days coming up. And I'm probably going to be trying to set up some fallback in case this fallback eventually fails. And I really need to play Grand Thef sleep. So, yeah. Might not be much writing going on for the next few days. Maybe a little, but not much. Or will there? I just don't know.
>> No. 173967
[X] Introductions! How could you invite a lady to dinner without first asking her name? Or offering her yours?
>> No. 174266
File 138146392630.png - (928.43KB , 1101x1290 , 0977542bce6bd36d5186fcde7a74c024.png ) [iqdb]
174266
>>173926
Have a lovely Parsee.
>> No. 174271
File 138147540657.jpg - (292.29KB , 742x1200 , c60eabd53ff7aaed4007f9b9d8cf0737.jpg ) [iqdb]
174271
Sorry for neglecting my writerly duties, which I have been neglecting because of stuff and reasons. I will attempt to correct that tomorrow evening, unless I do not.

Also, to be perfectly clear, this post is not in any way a response to >>174266, nor to the image attached to it. Not at all. I am in no way fond of Parsee and the tight, form-fitting, sleeveless top she is depicted with in artwork, and certainly do not consider it to be a sexy miracle of the universe that should always be a thing, at all times, forever. I merely had some spare time lying around, and thought I should post something, is all.
>> No. 174280
File 138150622020.gif - (115.37KB , 540x861 , 3b6921303d270e16e57c8c56f3349364.gif ) [iqdb]
174280
>>174271
This makes me glad becaues it was not my intention to make you stop in your tracks and admire her beauty for a moment.
>> No. 174303
File 13815600977.jpg - (741.79KB , 1000x1000 , to skip or not to skip.jpg ) [iqdb]
174303
That's right!
Introductions!
Assert innocence!
Important things!
Avoid misunderstandings!
Especially with law enforcement!


“Oh yes! I am innocence! Name is not of the guilt! I did not do it, everyone does not look it to me, I can not what to prove to you! Please is to make meet very yes!”


Hat girl makes laughy sounds.
Green girl keeps making the look she is making.


“Lady Suwako? I'm sorry, but are you sure he needs an exorcism? And not, like, pills, or something?”


Hat girl makes more laughy sounds.
You don't quite get the joke, but think it must be very funny.


“Yes, dear, he does. Buuuut, the pills might not be a bad idea. No offense, fella, but... oh! Where are our manners? Don't worry, I'll keep it simple, okay? Me, Suwako!”


Hat-girl-Suwako-lady puts hand on chest, then points at green-girl.


She, single!”

“Lady Suwako!”

“Oops! Sorry! Slip of the tounge! She's Sanae! Also, single! And yoooooooooou~”


Suwako-lady-girl-lady points to you, making twirly moves with finger.


“... are a silly, naughty little boy who plays in places good boys and girls don't go into~! Honestly, kids these days!”


Suwako-lady-girl tut-tut-tuts, then looks at Sanae-girl.


“Hey, Sanae, you got the card?”

“Card?”

“You know, the card.”

“Oh! Well, yeah, but-”

“Hand it over.”

“Is this really the time for-”

“You know she's going to ask about it.”

“Well, yeah, but couldn't we just, um, lie about it?”

“Yeah, no. I could lie about it. You, she can still tell when you fib about flossing properly. Who do you really think she's going to ask about this?”

“Okay, fine, here. But shouldn't I be the one to-”

“No time! Faster if I do it! Now shush!”


Suwako takes a card from Sanae, looks at it, rolls her eyes, and clears her throat.


Ahem! 'Welcome to Moriya Shrine. Thank you for choosing us for your insert-reason-of-visit-here, blah blah blah, our services include yadda yadda yadda, please give us faith and money, looking forward continued patronage, etcetera etcetera.' There, done!”


Suwako crumples the card in her hand, tosses it over her shoulder, and smiles.


“See? Faster!”

“Um, I don't really think that's how Lady Kanako intended it to be read.”

“Yeah, well, she doesn't intend a lot of things. Anyway, moving along~!”

“She's not going to be happy about-”

Moving along~!


Still smiling, Suwako turns and leans over you.


“Noooow, little man, let's get to business, shall we? I don't know what you've been doing, or who you've been doing it with, but that's not important now. What is important is that you've got a lot of friends hanging around in you as a result. Bad friends. The kinds that good kids shouldn't associate with, you know? Now, I'm going to be totally honest with you, here, and I don't want you to be alarmed, but I can't tell how many you've got in you. All I know is it's a lot. Like, a looooooot, which is really weird, because these guys aren't really the type who like sharing, if you know what I mean. Frankly, it's amazing you can even still talk, and aren't just screaming and gnashing and howling or anything like that. That brings me to the good news, and bad news!”


Suwako leans down even more, resting her arms on your chest.

“The good news is, we can totally fix this problem for you, and you'll be back to your old tromping-through-spirit-infested-areas self in no time! The bad news is, well, they're probably not gonna go without a fight. Again, don't want to worry you or anything, but the fact you aren't currently screaming, cursing, or projectile-vomiting while trying to crawl up the wall is kinda not a good sign. Your little stowaway friends are being way way way way waaaaaaaay too quiet, especially since they probably know exactly what's going on right now, meaning they're probably up to something. No clue what, but under the circumstances, it's probably going to something nasty and drastic. No worries, though! All I have to do is knock you out again, you'll sleep through the whole thing, and when you wake up you'll be... well, the important thing is you won't be possessed anymore! The road to recovery starts with a single step, and all that! So, sound good?”


[ ] Yes

[ ] No
>> No. 174306
[x] Yes

Well. Allright. Still confused.
>> No. 174307
[x] Yes
Time to get on our knees and pray
>> No. 174309
[x] Yes

Let's get the old crazy-but-at-least-in-control-of-his-actions Anon back.
>> No. 174312
[x] No

Please don't exorcise me. I like being here.
>> No. 174313
[x] Yes


"No! I mean yes! I mean, which one is correct?! I mean... I WAS DEAD AT THE TIME!"
>> No. 174315
[x] Yes
>> No. 174316
[x] Yes

How can we doubt the lady with the lovely hat?
>> No. 174318
[X] Yes
Well of course.Or are we the spirits? I don't wanna be exorcised. But those other spirits aren't very nice. Can we just get rid of those ones?
>> No. 174320
Anon reading through DtRT, was curious what Koishi actually did in http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/144120.html
>> No. 174330
>>174320

I'm not completely sure, but if you are talking about the breakfast scene, I believe Koishi either made out with him or had sex with him.
>> No. 174334
File 138164716686.jpg - (122.74KB , 850x850 , nighty-night - again.jpg ) [iqdb]
174334
You nod, seeing no reason to refuse.
Besides, whatever is going to happen might hurt.
You don't think you would like that.


“Good choice! Now, just close your eyes, annnnnnd...”


Hurting is not fun.
Not fun at all.
You don't like it.
Don't like it.
Don't like like like like don't don't don't don't
don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't don't
don't don't don't don't don't DON'T DON'T DON'͏T D͜ON͞'͢T̀ D̸ON͢'T ͘D͘ƠN'̨T DÓN'͝T̢̀͏ D̷́ON͜'̴T̢ ̵́Ḑ͏O͞N'͘͜T́ ̵D̀̕O͝҉̡Ǹ̸'̶҉T D́͠O̡͜N̸'̀T҉̶̸ ͠D̨̢͝͠O̶̶͜N҉͝'͟͝T̶̡ ̴̀D̀҉̶̸̨Ó̷̧͡Ǹ̸͞͠҉'͞T̕͘͜ ̵̧́́͡D͘͡O̶̶͏́Ņ́͘'̸̡̡̕͡T͏́҉ ̷҉̵̵̨D҉



EEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGH-











jolt
snap crack
twist
tear rend
writhe
gnash scream
flutter
flash crack
shout
clatter slam
click





ding




    ding




        ding




hsssssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssss...











[ ] red

[ ] white

[ ] blue






-------------------------------------------------------

>>174330
>>174320

All I can tell you is what you probably already know; that Koishi started her day in her favorite way, with a delicious, protein-rich breakfast and a sudden need for clean underwear.
>> No. 174335
[x] red white and blue

These colors don't run.
>> No. 174337
Blue
>> No. 174338
[x] blue

Blue is good. I think.
>> No. 174342
>>174334
[x] blue
Well clearly Koishi is to blame for using her underwear as a napkin. They are RIGHT THERE, but really, she could just use her skirt like a proper lady.
>> No. 174343
[x] blue

It is a nice, calming color.
>> No. 174350
[x] red

Red as in Shrine Maiden. Or so.
>> No. 174354
[x] blue

It is a nice, calming color.
>> No. 174387
[X] red

Something has gone horribly wrong with the operation and now there must be a rehab montage if he ever wants to throw rocks again.
>> No. 174421
File 138191171063.jpg - (528.02KB , 600x800 , still alive.jpg ) [iqdb]
174421
Blue.
The first thing you see when you open your eyes is blue.
Blue things. Two blue things.
Two blue things close to your face.
Too close.
Uncomfortably close.
Why are they so close?
Those blue things.

As the wheels begin to slowly turn in your mind, something suddenly clicks for you.

“Hey Medi.” you manage to say to the doll-girl in a raspy croak you almost wouldn't recognize as your own voice. Almost, were it not for the fact that, as the foremost expert on the subject of hearing your own voice, you can easily identify your own voice no matter how it sounds. In this case, it sounds as if you had just spent the past couple of hours gargling a mixture of sand and razor blades, with a smidgen of industrial-strength paint remover. Or just screaming like you were doing that. Either way, you don't sound good.

As if in a daze, the little doll-girl simply stares at you for a moment before blinking and jolting away from you in surprise.

“W-wah! Human! You're not broken!” she exclaims with surprised relief. Or relieved surprise. You're not quite sure which. “Um, you're not, right?”

“Yeah, I'm fine, Medi. I just needed to- ...uh...” you trail off, attempting to sit up and failing miserably. A strange thing to be unable to do, you think, since you don't recall having any troubles doing it before. Figuring your body just had not fully woken up yet, you opt for something much simpler, and try to raise your arm, only to find it to be just as uncooperative.

“Ah! Please don't try to move!” a girl's voice calls out from somewhere above you. “Um, well, I guess you can try to move, but you won't really be able to, since you can't. So, um, don't?”

Though you cannot see its owner, you think you may have heard the voice before. As curious as you are to know from where that might be, a myriad of equally-important questions strike you as things you would like to have answered. Things like...


[ ] (ask away!)




--------------------------------------------------------------------


>>174387
>rehab montage
The bad news is that he would probably wouldn't survive the obligatory "running up the stairs like that scene in Rocky" portion of the montage, and will be forced to retire from the world of competitive rock-throwing. The good news is that he would immediately take up a much better sport: competitive stair-falling.
>> No. 174428
>Competitive stair-falling.

Wouldn't we need a wheelchair for that?

Anyway,

[x] Hello!
[x] Why can I speak?
[x] Why can't I move?
[x] Are those last two related? I'm not sure I like the tradeoff
[x] Who are you?
[x] How did I get here?
[x] How did you all get there?
[x] Where is 'here'?
[x] Would you like to go out for dinner sometime?
>> No. 174435
[X] Did we ever go out to dinner?
[X] Have you seen my rocks around here?
[X] How do you feel about the art of rock throwing?
[X] Where'd ya get those peepers?

Hopefully she didn't meet any creepers on the way up to the shrine.
>> No. 174456
File 138199786818.png - (325.16KB , 2196x2624 , get your stinking paws off me you damned dirty hum.png ) [iqdb]
174456
“Um, hello?” you croak to the unseen girl, trying to at least turn your head a little bit to see who you're talking to, but find it impossible. You really can't move. You really do have to wonder about that. “Why can't I move?”

“Well, because you can't?” the girl replies, quite unhelpfully. “...oh! Oh! What I mean is, you can't because we kind of had to make it so you ca-”

“So you did break him!” Medicine interrupts, glaring at the unseen girl accusingly.

“Oh, no, I told you, it's only temporary! It's to help him! Really!” the girl says, not sounding nearly as concerned as you would expect someone to sound when being glared at by a misanthropic doll emitting toxic fumes that were... being blown away?

Strange. Is there a breeze blowing through this room, somehow?

More and more questions pile up in your mind. Some of them even have something to do with your current situation. Who is this girl? Would she like to go out to dinner, sometime? Have you already asked her out to dinner? Have you actually had the dinner? How was it? Would she recommend going there again? How are you supposed to eat the last little piece on the skewer without either making a mess or perforating your face in the process?

“Um, miss? I'm sorry, but who are you?” you decide to ask, figuring you should know that much before delving into matters of dinner and dinner-related activities.

“I'm Sanae! Sanae Kochiya, remember?” the girl says, cheerfully. “...or maybe you don't. You were sort of out of it at the time, I guess. But that's me!”

“She's weird and she says weird things, Human.” Medi says, still glaring at the girl.

“Oh, come on! I just wanted to know if you could do a rocket punch!”

“Um, what?” you ask, feeling slightly more lost and confused than even you are normally comfortable with.

“You know! Rocket punch! Rocket punch!” the girl called Sanae says in a way that, while you still can't see her, makes you think she's probably gesturing whatever it is. “It's when the hero's robot goes to land the finishing blow, they hold out their arm, and are all 'ROKETTOOOOOO PAWNCH!' And then the fist flies off like a missile and then OHH it's so cool!”

“See, Human? She's weird!”

“It's not weird! It's JUSTICE! JUSTICE!

Though you can appreciate a nice, hard, high-velocity projectile as much as the next person, you're not quite sure how flying fists are connected to justice in any way. Though, if they somehow are, you think that raises an interesting question of whether it's really the threat of being lectured that makes so many people fear meeting the Yama.

The judge of the dead in possession of detachable flying fists? If you could move, you would almost certainly be shuddering right now.

“Uh, Sanae? The not-moving thing?” you suddenly ask, eager to focus your thoughts on something else besides the inevitable jokes about arm-length and the law.

“Hm? What about it?”

“Whyyyyyyyyyy?”

“Oh, right! Well, you started to struggle while we were working, and I mean struggling. Like, really violently. You were firmly held down, of course, but those spirits were really getting violent about it, and they kinda basically dislocated your, well, everything.” Sanae explains. “It's fine, though! You're fine! Really! Lady Suwako popped everything right back into place, and nothing seemed to be broken, but you were already pretty banged up when you got here, and... well, moving just really isn't a good idea for you right now.”

“So, you made it so I can't move?” you ask, already seeing where she's going with this.

“Just temporarily! Really! Just long enough to give your body a chance to heal a little, is all.”

“How long?”

“Um...” Sanae says, sounding more than a little hesitant all of a sudden, which you do not find worrying in any way, aside from all the ways in which you do. “A week or two? Maybe?”





[ ] Uh-oh. Not good. Not good at all.

[ ] Oh well, it can't be helped. What's for dinner?
>> No. 174459
[x] Oh well, it can't be helped. What's for dinner?

It's not like we had really any other reason to come up here.
>> No. 174460
[ ] Oh well, it can't be helped. What's for dinner?

He ain't the kind to freak out... then again, freaking out might be fun.
But yea, super healing in no time, I bet.
>> No. 174462
[X] Oh well, it can't be helped. What's for dinner?

It's about damn TIME we had dinner with a lady.
>> No. 174464
[x] Uh-oh. Not good. Not good at all.

If by weeks they mean 'hours' I'm fine with it. Otherwise...
>> No. 174468
[X] Uh-oh. Not good. Not good at all.

That won't do at all. We'll miss the best part of the Oni party.
>> No. 174471
[x] Uh-oh. Not good. Not good at all.

But... but we have so much to do while moving! Important things!
>> No. 174474
[x] Uh-oh. Not good. Not good at all.
>> No. 174483
File 13820809182.jpg - (215.47KB , 500x500 , you are in good hands - probably.jpg ) [iqdb]
174483
A week or two?
A week or two of being unable to move?
That. Is not good. It's not good! Not good at all!
You can't spend such a long time of not-moving!
You have things to do! So many things!
Rocks to see! Dinners to throw! People to ea-

...you may have mixed something up there, somewhere.
In any case, there is too much to do that you cannot do when you're laying down for a week! Least of all for something as trifling as 'healing' from 'injuries'! Other people don't have to do that, so why do you? Like that nice hobo-lady doesn't have to lay down for a couple weeks every time she gets disemboweled, you bet! And that's got to be at least twice as bad as anything that's happened to you, right?

“Oh! Don't worry, though! I know it must be inconvenient and all for you, and we're hardly a hospital or anything like that, but we can still take good care of you!” Sanae continues, clearly trying her best to sound upbeat and encouraging. “And you don't have to worry about paying room and board or doing anything like that! Well, probably! Oh yeah, and your friends can stay over, too! So, when you think about it, it's really like a week-long sleep-over!”

Your friends?

...oh. Oh crap, you think.
You almost forgot!
Hell, you did forget!

You were all stopped by the tengu, and then things went crazy, and then... you don't remember what happened after that.

Well, Medi is here, at the very least. But Tenshi? Parsee? Yuugi? Or even...

Was there someone else?
You think there was, and yet, you're not sure.

“Uh, the others? Are they here, too?” you ask, suddenly feeling more than a little anxious; a feeling that's only worsened by your complete and utter inability to actually do anything about it at the moment.

“Most of them are, I think,” you hear her say, followed by the sounds of someone shifting around and liquid being poured into a container of some sort. “Lady Kanako and Miss Yuugi arrived just as were were finishing with you. She's the one who told Lady Kanako about your situation, I guess. Oh, and of course little Medi and-”

Medicine,” Medi grumbles. “You call me 'Medicine.'”

“Oh? Sorry! Little Medicine, then!” Sanae semi-corrects herself, then continues, apparently oblivious to the sudden death-glare the little doll-girl was now shooting in what you can only assume was her general direction. “Anyway, Little Medicine and that other girl were the ones who brought you here. Oh yeah, and Miss Hina! I think she's still around here, somewhere.”

“No one else?”

“Well, Miss Yuugi said something about a celestial and a princess, too, but nobody like that has come here, yet.”

So Tenshi and Parsee are still out there, somewhere?
That's...


[ ] Really bad
[ ] Bad
[ ] Kinda bad
[ ] Not-so-bad
[ ] So when's dinner?
>> No. 174484
[X] Bad
>> No. 174485
[x] Really bad
>> No. 174487
[x] Really bad

They're still in "let's beat the crap out of every tengu we see" mode, aren't they?
>> No. 174488
[x] Kinda bad

Tenshi's really bad and Parse's what's for dinner kind of cancel out in the middle.
>> No. 174490
[x] Really bad
[x] What about Ms 'K' dearest of all our friends?
>> No. 174499
[X] Really Bad

Who knows what hijinks they're getting up to out there. Explosions and high speed chases are probably involved.
>> No. 174518
[x] Bad

This time the normal option.
>> No. 174527
[x] Really bad

This situation troubles me.
>> No. 174534
File 138226011015.jpg - (294.62KB , 1200x625 , they did not prepare.jpg ) [iqdb]
174534
This is bad.
So bad.
Really bad.
Really, really, really bad.
The worst!
The absolute worst!
In the grand scale of bad things, this would easily rank in the top ten!

If Tenshi and Parsee have yet to arrive, then you can only assume the worst. Namely, that they are hopelessly lost in the mountainous wilderness, with nothing but woefully inadequate rock-throwing abilities to ensure their survival! Such paltry skill might be enough to get by in more hospitable environments, but in the harsh wilds of Gensokyo? You'd have a better chance of not dying by stripping off your clothes, slathering yourself in delicious sauces, and strut around yelling 'COME AND GET IT, DINNER IS SERVED'!

Not that you would know this from experience or anything. It's just something you heard that someone had done, is all.

In any case, you can imagine what those two must be going through right now. Lost. Alone. Nothing and no one to depend upon aside from themselves, and possibly each other. As the days stretched on into weeks, they would learn to put aside their differences and work together, gaining a new appreciation for the other where, before, there was only animosity. While they might never truly call themselves friends, they would become the closest thing you could get to such a thing. In the end, though, it will all amount to nothing. Their meager supplies will quickly dwindle, and with it, their strength. Where once they held hope, they would feel only the hunger. Tenshi's peaches might keep them from starving for a little while, sure, but it will be only a matter of time before one of them is ultimately forced to eat the other.

The question of whether or not the act could be considered cannibalism in this case is one whose answer will be debated until the end of time, or at least until both sides of the debate become so hostile towards the other that they destroy each other in a fiery armageddon that would make your average doomsday prophecy look like a bad joke by comparison. The sort of joke that children love to repeat because they are too young to know that the adults just forcing themselves to smile and laugh every time they say it, and that they are all secretly harboring a desire to beat the child until they stopped telling their so-called joke.

How ironic that it could have all been avoided, if only they had remembered they could both fly. Unless, of course, they did realize that, and your fears are completely unfounded.

But! This is no time to be having thoughts such as that! That 'it might not be as bad as you think it is' or 'you're just worrying too much' or even 'there is no way that is something that could actually happen'! It is precisely in moments such as this when those very things could happen! Logic and probability be damned!

In times like this, what matters isn't what did or did not actually happen! It's what you do or don't do about those things that did or did not actually happen! Right now, at this moment, two ladies who you could be having dinner with are lost on a monster-filled mountain, and all you're doing is just laying here, doing nothing, when you could be doing something! Something like...


[ ] Get up, get out there, and find them!

[ ] Take a nap, and hope the problem fixes itself by the time you wake up!

[ ] Cry!

[ ]
>> No. 174536
[x] Take a nap, and hope the problem fixes itself by the time you wake up!
>> No. 174537
[x] Get up, get out there, and find them!

Even if our body doesn't work properly, we can still... do... well, I'm sure we can do something! Maybe if they lugged us outside and we shouted really loudly?
>> No. 174542
[x] Take a nap, and hope the problem fixes itself by the time you wake up!

Our body is busted, broken, and banged up. We should probably wait.
>> No. 174543
[X] Take a nap, and hope the problem fixes itself by the time you wake up!
>> No. 174544
[X] Take a nap, and hope the problem fixes itself by the time you wake up!

Entrust the task of guarding the area to #2. Instruct her to gas the areas if any foul bird approaches.
>> No. 174546
File 138230790043.jpg - (339.04KB , 850x850 , sample-fe24568227124c8e4020d2130e7eeb5c.jpg ) [iqdb]
174546
[x]

Oh, how I missed thee!
>> No. 174553
.....
[x] Take a nap, and hope the problem fixes itself by the time you wake up!
>> No. 174557
File 13823467697.jpg - (152.67KB , 700x700 , kiss your sleep schedule goodbye.jpg ) [iqdb]
174557
Something like sleeping!
Sometimes, when there is little you can do to solve a problem, the best thing to do is the only thing to do!
Have a rest! Sleep it off!
If a problem is still a problem when you wake up, you can just deal with it then! And if it fixes itself, then so much the better!

Of course, getting something to eat wouldn't be a bad idea, either. You do think you're a bit hungry. But, no, sleep will be fine for now.

“Oh well,” you say, with a yawn. “Wake me when they're ready. Or when dinner gets here. Or, uh...”

You think you hear someone say something, but you've already closed your eyes and begun to drift off...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


[ ] Dark Water
[ ] Drop Dead Fred

[ ] The Bone Collector


[ ] Brain Candy


[ ] Snake Eyes



[ ] The Day After Tomorrow
>> No. 174559
[x] Brain Candy

Oh COME ON, we just came out from a three days coma! Wake up sheeple!
>> No. 174568
>>174559
>we just came out from a three days coma!

I would just like to point out that, no, you haven't been out for three days. Unless I've forgotten something, it should still be the same day you've been in for a while now.

Also, almost all of the choices you've got are not mutually-exclusive so feel free to pick more than just one if you want, three of them involve events not happening where you are right now, and their order and spacing may or may not mean something. If you want to just get right back into the action, though, and don't mind some confusion, there is one particular choice I would recommend. Unless, of course, you do mind those things, in which case you probably shouldn't pick it.

On a completely unrelated note with absolutely no connection to anything in this story whatsoever, Shinki is pretty lovely, isn't she? I mean, I never really thought much about it before, and yet, now? Damn. Like, DAYUM. Get out of my head, lady.
>> No. 174569
File 138237751832.jpg - (134.06KB , 850x850 , sample-986669a0f4eda8bf5074e9070cd6e8dd.jpg ) [iqdb]
174569
>>174568
Oh that's right. Well, good to know.

While I have your attention:
-What's your 30-thread-old secret to avoid burnout?
-Are you writing other stories or planning to?
>> No. 174571
[X] Drop Dead Fred

[X] The Bone Collector

I wonder who Fred is and why the narrative wants him dead.
>> No. 174579
File 138241383153.jpg - (1.37MB , 1000x1500 , tmp_681a63fd179961e30010d734e76b4d74-336834838.jpg ) [iqdb]
174579
[x] The Bone Collector

>Shinki is pretty lovely, isn't she?

Stay away from mai waifu, you scandalous maggot.
>> No. 174581
>>174557
[x] The Bone Collector
Didn't Morgan Freeman bite out a guy's jugular in The Bone Collector? It was probably a different actor but for some reason I'm thinking Morgan Freeman. Also,
>Shinki is pretty lovely, isn't she?
Quite so.
>> No. 174585
File 138243202848.png - (969.89KB , 1032x1278 , 37679344.png ) [iqdb]
174585
No update tonight. Possibly an update tomorrow night. Voting remains open until whenever it isn't.


>>174569
>What's your 30-thread-old secret to avoid burnout?

Taking all the things that could cause or lead to burnout, and trying my damnedest to not do them.

No, really.

I try to keep things fun or interesting for myself. Boredom is a huge motivation-killer, be it for writing or reading. Hell, even just thinking about the same things get tiresome after a while. The nice thing about Touhou in particular is that there are just so many things that I could focus on, that if any one of them starts to wear on me, I can just switch to something else for a while.

Pacing your work is also important. Updating daily is great if you have the time and energy, but if you don't? It's best to just take things easy, and go with whatever is comfortable and manageable. I try to write when I can, but if I'm not feeling it, I find it's best to not force it. That is, unless it's been a really long time since that last time, in which case I pretty much have to force it, or else it won't happen.


>Are you writing other stories or planning to?

Nope, on both counts. I've had troubles reading multiple stories, sometimes, so I think it's pretty safe for me to assume I wouldn't handle writing more than one story at a time much better. Of course, this isn't helped by the fact that I don't really keep any notes.

Still, I have ideas. Depending on how this story ends, I may or may not make use of some of them at some point. Nothing set in stone, though. I'd prefer to not worry about what I'm going to do after I finish this story until after I've actually finished it. Maybe I'll take a break from writing, and catch up on a lot of the stuff I've been missing out on since I started. Maybe I'll go back to making silly little one-off shorts every now and then. Or, just maybe, I'll plunge right into whatever-it-is I think to do, on whatever board it would best fit on. I just don't know yet.

>>174579

Oh, I'll stay "away" from her, alright. I'll stay far, faaaaar "away" from... wait.
Fuck.
>> No. 174639
[x] The Bone Collector

Sorry I am late for the voting.
>> No. 174673
File 138285225920.jpg - (212.24KB , 1024x768 , I'LL DO MY BEwait what was I doing.jpg ) [iqdb]
174673
Ooookay. So things didn't quite work out in the writing department the last few days. Tonight isn't going to be any better. But tomorrow? I've got a really good feeling about tomorrow. Well, a pretty good feeling, at least. I have a mostly, sorta, kinda moderately good feeling about tomorrow. An okay feeling, really. A cautiously optimistic feeling. A feeling that boarders somewhere between ominous and the more positive opposite of that, but definitely tilting ever-so-slightly towards the latter.. A feeling that, were I a "glass is half-full" sort of person, and the feeling itself was inside the glass, I would say that it is half-full of what I would call "not-dread" but what everyone else more commonly refers to as "air".

Anyway, the important thing is that I have a feeling about tomorrow! Let's just leave it at that.
>> No. 174698
File 138295394654.jpg - (1.51MB , 1594x1594 , everything burns.jpg ) [iqdb]
174698
“...is she still following us?”

“Hmm, it doesn't look like it. What about you, little fly? See anything back there?”

Mmmmmmph! Fnnngh rrrrrmgh mgh fnngng rrrrrrngh!

“Awww! That's not very nice!"


Oooh? How strange! So strange! Little Sister Spider-legs is skittering about the surface! And she has friends with her! That's so nice. I kinda wanna go say 'hi' but I really shouldn't disturb them! That would be rude! It's just good to see her up and about like that! Sitting around in that musty-dusty cave, just waiting for her next meal to flutter in? That's no good! You gotta get out sometime! Stretch your legs and smell the corpses!

Ahhhh, and this one sure smells nice~! So nice~! Ahhhhhh~!

“...uuuugh...”

Oh? No no no no no no shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Shhhhhhhhh! Don't be doing that now, little corpsey. Moving is a no-no! Big no-no!

“...hhuuuuuh...whaaaaaaagh...”

Shhhhhhhh! Shush now! Back to sleep! Your eternal rest~! Go back to sleep like a good little- WHOOPS broke your neck!

“...aagchk....aaaaaaaaaaack...”

Oh dear! Just look what I did! Snapping your neck like that! Good thing you were already dead when I found you, or that would be cheating, wouldn't it? That'd be no good! No fun at all! Not at- wait.

Wait.
Wait.
Wait.

Are you gonna do it again?
Are you really doing it OH WOW you're doing it again!
WOWWIE!

You are the best, the BEST BEST BEST BEST corpse I have ever found in forever! Like, seriously! The best! The best!

Ahhhh, that smell! That wonderful, glorious, beautiful smell!
How do you do that?
How?
All my other corpses can't do that! I wish they could, though!
It would be so great if they could!
How do you do it, then? I gotta know! Share with me your secrets, you wonderful fancy-pants self-burning corpse! How do you-

“....uuuuhgh....guh...guwhagh ish...”

Aww! C'mon, sister! That was too fast! Way too fast! You didn't burn nearly as long as the last tiOOPS CLAW IN YOUR NECK! Now c'mon! You can burn brighter than that! I know you can do it! Burn burn buuuuuuurn until ya can't burn anymore!

Yeeeeeah~! Just like that!


Ahhhhhh~! This is the best day ever!



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


[ ] KY

[ ] RY

[ ] TP

[ ] MC
>> No. 174699
[X] RY

Okay, so Orin is a wee bit crazy. Also, person who is a corpse who can self-immolate is a wee bit screwed for now, I guess. I have an idea who it is but I have no clue how Yamame would have caught her.
>> No. 174702
>>174699
>Orin is a wee bit crazy.

And WWI was a bit of scuffle no?
I have to admit, though, that the idea of Orin capturing an immortal and killing it forever is something that has passed my mind before. Ugh, terrifying.

[x] TP
>> No. 174703
[X] RY

I can't remember, did we ever establish just who Yamame caught in her web?
>> No. 174705
File 13829814148.jpg - (7.14KB , 480x360 , I wonder I wonder.jpg ) [iqdb]
174705
>>174703
>I can't remember, did we ever establish just who Yamame caught in her web?

I don't know, have you? It's been a while since the relevant posts, I realize, so I'll give you a slight hint as a refresher.

At this point, they haven't been formally introduced to each other, but Rikako knows three things about Yamame's new "friend".

1.) She knows where she was found.
2.) She knows she looks nothing like the thing she saw fly out of the cave earlier that day.
3.)She knows that Yamame is certain that her current captive and the one from the cave are one and the same.

If you choose to stick around with them, though, you will probably know for certain very soon.
>> No. 174707
>>174698
I wonder if Shinki will appear in this story at some point? She really is pretty lovely.

[x] TP
>> No. 174714
[X] MC

Poor Mokou.
>> No. 174715
[X] MC
>> No. 174716
[x] TP

Need to do this.
>> No. 174803
[X] RY

This is a very interesting situation. Can something be set on fire if it is already on fire. A double fire so to speak?
>> No. 174882
File 138355700617.png - (711.33KB , 800x880 , AAAAAAAAAAAMAKE IT STOP AAAAAAAAAAA.png ) [iqdb]
174882
So, it's been a busy and tiring past couple of days. The next few aren't likely to be any better. That is not a good thing.

You know what is a good thing? Bunnies. They give people good and happy feelings. So, let's just stare at bunnies for a while, shall we? Just stare, and stare, and stare until you forget all those people who make you want to break things. Like them. With a hammer.

Not the bunnies, though. Oh, heavens no. You would never want to hit a bunny, would you? Would you?



Oh, yeah. Writing. I'll probably try to do something about that. Not sure what to do about the tie, but I'll figure something out.

Or, you know, I'll just stare at more bunnies. That option is always on the table.
>> No. 175316
File 138416633864.jpg - (108.34KB , 1000x1000 , you could say she's on a roAAARGCKGCK.jpg ) [iqdb]
175316
We are going to die. We are going to die. We are so, so, so going to die. They're watching us. I just know they're watching us. They are watching us do this, and as soon as we stop we are as good as dead. Dead. Dead! Well, at least we won't go alone. They could attack us whenever they want. I just know it. They're just watching and waiting and waiting and why are they waiting why can't they just get it over with and do it already?! It might be quicker to just let go of the rock. Let them catch us. If we're lucky we can tell them it was all her idea. Can't let go. Can't let go. Too fast. Going too fast. How the hell are we going so fast?! Of course, they'll probably still kill us anyway, but at least they might make it quick. No, no, no, no, no! Ha, nah, they wouldn't do that, would they? Assholes.


“Hey, quit it with the creepy mumbling already! Sheesh!

“Fuck you! I'm fucking terrified! here!”


I don't like this. I don't like this. I want to get off. I want to get off. Get me off this thing. This wasn't my idea. It's not my fault. I didn't want anything to do with this. Tengu. Fucking tengu. Why did she have to do this? Why the hell did she have to do this?! Why why why why why did she have to oh shit what the fuck is thaAAAAAAAA


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am not bothered by this. Not at all. What have I to be displeased with?

What had promised to be yet another day of tedious 'negotiations' that accomplish nothing beyond allowing the tengu to once again display their total mastery of the art of stonewalling has already yielded more than I could have hoped. Not only have they effectively proven the point I had been fruitlessly trying to make better than I could have done myself and surrendered a wonderful amount of leverage in the process, but they have afforded us the rare opportunity to do our jobs.

Imagine, being able to help someone in need without needing to first convince them to accept it! Or, for that matter, that they even need help in the first place!

Granted, a standard exorcism and purification is hardly on the level of constructing a transit system or providing electricity and indoor plumbing to those without it, but even the small things are important.

...well, not that small, apparently. I don't know what they were doing down there, but I cannot believe it was really necessary for Suwako to get them involved. I don't care how well she claims to have them trained, the risks of having them just in the same room is...

Someone should probably tell him. Or, perhaps they shouldn't. As fickle as they can be, there's as much a chance of there being no side-effects as there are of being any, and if that's the case such things might just worry them needlessly. As much as that child has apparently been through, it may be best to simply allow him to rest and recover before broaching the subject. Yes, that is perhaps for the best. Even so...

Damn it, Suwako! It's bad enough that spring that little revelation on me when you did, but to challenge Hoshiguma to a duel immediately after that? Right when I was about to bring out the-

No. I am not bothered by this. Not at all. She is simply doing her part in entertaining our esteemed guest. The food is at no risk of spoiling, and it is a simple matter of reheating them whenever they're ready to go back inside. I really am not bothered by this. Not at all. Not a- Sanae is coming.

Alright, calm down. Deep breath. Everything is fine. Nothing is wrong.
What is happening is because you wish it to be that way. There is a plan. There is always a plan, and everything is always going according to it.
Think it. Feel it. Know it. Be it.


“Oh! Lady Kanako, there you are! ...oh, wow. Are they still fighting?”

“Hm. Yes, their 'friendly contest' is still very much in progress, as you can see.”

“So, um, who's winning?”

“Hmph. It is of no consequence, Sanae. Have you something to report?”

“Huh? Ah, well, you'll be glad to know our guest seems to be doing just fine! Well, relatively, I mean.”

“Of course he is. He has awoken, then?”

“That's right! It wasn't for long, but he was conscious enough to seem to understand what was going on, asked about the others that were with him, and went back to sleep. His little friends were keeping a close eye on him when I left.”

“Hm. The doll is still there, then.”


From what little I had heard about her before today, I had assumed she was the one we had to be the most wary of, especially when the reason there was so little I could learn was because there was so little to learn. A tsukumogami with a grudge against humans is certainly dangerous, but hardly unusual. An ability to manipulate poison coupled with an eager willingness to use such powers, however, changes things. Or, it should, under normal circumstances. I have no clue why a doll that was reported to hate humans would ever be in the company of one, but if the worst we have to worry about from her is needing to thoroughly clean and ventilate a room we hardly use after she leaves, I'll have no complaints.


“Oh, Lady Kanako, you should see it, it's so cute! The way they were sticking by him was just so adorable! Especially the little one! Oh! The way she just skittered away to the other end of the room whenever it looked like he was waking up, and just start acting as if she wasn't paying attention was just so... uh, Lady Kanako?”

“Hm?”

“Are you alright?

“Mm. Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?

“Well, you didn't look happy about Lady Suwako skipping out on dinner to-”

Thirty minutes. Thirty minutes, Sanae! That was all I asked for! Half an hour to sit down and enjoy a nice meal with everyone! Was that so much to ask for?”

“I don't think she meant anything bad by it, Lady Kanako. She just-”

“I even made cake! Cake! In a fraction of the time it would take in the 'traditional' way, no less!”

“Yes, Lady Kanako, I know. Your mug-cake is the best, really!”

“She said it looks how the Mishaguji's breath smells.”

“R-really? Wow. I, um...”

“Sanae. Be honest, does it rea-hm?


Something's coming. Fast
Tengu? I would have thought they would all be staying as far away from here as possible as long as Hoshiguma was here. Even if they had sent scouts to keep tabs on her, they would never get close enough to make their presence known, and yet...


“Lady Kanako? What is it?”

“Hmm. I feel something on the wind.”

“Could it just be Lady Suwako and Miss Oni?”

“No, this is different. It feels like...”


No doubt about it. Two tengu are coming this way, along with two others, and I don't have to guess who one of them is. She would, of course, also happen to be the one I'm more concerned about having here than even an oni or poison-manipulating doll.


“ Sanae, step back, please.”

“What's going on?”

Step back.

“What are you going to- oh.


Hmmm, yes, this one should do nicely. Whatever it is she thinks she's doing, I will not have any of it in my domain. I am stopping it, and stopping now.

Almost here.

Almost.

Almoooooooost... NOW!



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


AHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK OW GODDAMN FUCK!

...owowowow... I think that actually hurt more than the fall from before.

What was that? Did... did someone do that? Who?! WHO?! WHO IS THE WISE-FUCKING-THROWING-WHATEVER-THE-FUCK-THAT-WAS-SON-OF-A-BITCH THAT JUST SIGNED THEIR OWN FUCKING DEATH-WARRANT?! I'LL CUT OUT THEIR GODDAMN-


Child, just what have you been doing to my followers?”



...oh. Oh fuck me. That's... that's a god, isn't it? Fuck fuck fuck me sideways. She doesn't look very happy. Fffffffffffffffffffuck me. She actually looks quite angry.

Yep. We are going to die.



[ ] Defiance

[ ] Submission
>> No. 175319
[x] Submission

It was totally Tenshi's fault, Miss God.
>> No. 175320
[x] Defiance
-[x] Your followers stopped us from reaching you? What kinda worshippers stop other people from consulting their god?!
Because fuck you Tengu.

Also Mud cakes. And that artist jesus christ. Best Parsee NA
>> No. 175322
[x] Defiance
-[x] Your followers stopped us from reaching you? What kinda worshippers stop other people from consulting their god?!

The tengu really need to get a grip.
>> No. 175330
[x] Defiance
-[x] Your followers stopped us from reaching you? What kinda worshipers stop other people from consulting their god?!
Because fuck you Tengu.
>> No. 175346
[x] Defiance
-[x] Your followers stopped us from reaching you? What kinda worshippers stop other people from consulting their god?!

Oh yes.
>> No. 175357
File 138424488255.jpg - (1.38MB , 1920x1200 , WASH AWAY THE ANGER.jpg ) [iqdb]
175357
“What does it look like I'm doing to them?!”


Maybe that was rhetorical. Maybe not. Either way, the fact she had to ask anyway pisses me off.
Correction! Pisses me off more.

This is all their fault. All of it! These stupid stinking dumbass mutts and birds and their stupid stinking mountain and cheap-shot tornado crap have done nothing but piss me off since I got here, and they deserve a hell of a lot more than what I'm doing to these two!

But now, their so-called 'god' wants to know what I am doing to them? Them?! Someone should ask her what the hell she thinks they've been doing! Or is this what they normally do when someone comes to see their stupid 'god'?! In fact, I ought to-


“Sanae, take the two of them and... Miss Mizuhashi, I believe? Take them inside, do what you can about those ropes, and get them something to drink.”

“Yes, Lady Kanako!”


Oh, what, she's ignoring me?! Ignoring me?!
Well, fine! Let's see if she can ignore a freaking keystone upside her head!


Hey! Granny!”


HA! See you try to ignore me now, you... wait.
It... it missed?
No. No way. No freaking way.
It did not miss. I do not miss.
She just dodged it. Without moving. Or something.

There is nothing wrong with my throwing ability, damn it!


“Oh, and Sanae? I believe we are going to need some towels, shortly. See if you can find us some, would you?”

“Towels? Leave it to me! Okay, come on, this way~!”

“Ah, Sanae, dear? Don't lead them with the ropes.”

“Oh? Oh! Ahaha! Sorry, you two! Anyway, right this way~!”


And she's still freaking ignoring me!
This one isn't going to miss. It's not.
It is so totally not. It's-


Child, I strongly suggest you cool your head.”


...she caught it.
She freaking caught it.
How the hell could she freaking catch it?! It's not like she's a-

Oh. Right. 'God'.
Stupid freaking deity.


“Shut up! It's your stupid 'followers' that started it, you know!”

“I assure you, I know better than you realize, child. Now calm yourself, or I shall have no choice but to-”

“What? What?! What are you gonna do, huh?! What are you gonHUURRF!


Gah! That... that didn't hurt! Not one bit!
Not one...

Why is it cold, all of a sudden?
And dark?
And hard to breathe?

Oh.
Oh. She didn't.
She did not just punt me into a damn lake.


“Oo-AAACKgrblck!”


Ewwwwwwewewew! Gross water in my mouth! Get it out! Get it out!

She really knocked me into a damn lake.
Oh, that is it.
I am pissed. OFF. What I was before? Nothing compared to this.
I am so gonna kick her ass when I get out of here.
Just as soon as...

Damn it, why didn't I ever learn to swim?!
Oh, I know why. Because it was stupid. Who needs to swim when you can fly?
Swimming is for fish, not a Celestial!

Stupid, nosy, lazy, and stupid fish.

Anyway! Keystone, get me out of here!


“Pwah! Ha...ha... that was a cheap shot!”

“Oh, there you are, child. I was beginning to worry.”

Yeah, I'm sure.”

“Of course, I knew you were in no real danger, but even so... hm? Ah, good, they're out of ear-shot now. Well then! If you can reign yourself in, child, I am willing to listen to what you have to say. Or would you prefer to go in for another dip in my lake?”


Listen? Listen?!


[ ] Like hell! I'm gonna deck her right in her stupid rope-and-mirror-wearing face!

[ ] Actually, maybe it would be a good idea to calmly discuss my grievances in a polite and civiliHAHAHA NOPE! I'm punching her in the face!
>> No. 175361
[x] Actually, maybe it would be a good idea to calmly discuss my grievances in a polite and civiliHAHAHA NOPE! I'm punching her in the face!
>> No. 175363
[X] Actually, maybe it would be a good idea to calmly discuss my grievances in a polite and civiliHAHAHA NOPE! I'm punching her in the face!
Between punching her in the face and punching her in the face, I think punching her in the face is the best option.
>> No. 175365
[X] Actually, maybe it would be a good idea to calmly discuss my grievances in a polite and civiliHAHAHA NOPE! I'm punching her in the face!

This is Tenshi we're talking about here. "Polite" and "civilized" are not really words in her dictionary.
>> No. 175366
[x] Actually, maybe it would be a good idea to calmly discuss my grievances in a polite and civiliHAHAHA NOPE! I'm punching her in the face!
Punch first. Ask questions while punching.
>> No. 175405
[x] Actually, maybe it would be a good idea to calmly discuss my grievances in a polite and civiliHAHAHA NOPE! I'm punching her in the face!

Oh Tenshi. You need to learn limits so bad.
>> No. 175513
[X] Actually, maybe it would be a good idea to calmly discuss my grievances in a polite and civiliHAHAHA NOPE! I'm punching her in the face!

This would never have happened if she could throw rocks properly. Even gods can't handle a properly thrown rock.
>> No. 175713
File 138484708487.jpg - (290.53KB , 974x837 , just hug it ouHAHA FAT CHANCE.jpg ) [iqdb]
175713
YOU KNOW WHAT?

She might have a point. Maybe I do need to calm down. Maybe I need to just talk to her about the great hospitality her bird-brained, flea-ridden, dumbass followers show to someone coming here for help, and how defending those twits is actually the stupidest freaking thing I have seen or heard all damn day.


Or I could just, you know, skip to the part where they're wrong, she's wrong, and I punch her in her stupid face. Punch it right the hell in!


“Well, child? What will it be?”

Psh. There's only one thing I want to say to you.”

“And what might that be?”

This!


Hit her. Hit her. Hit her. Hit her. Hit her. Hit her. Hit her. HIT-



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


[ ] Bright

[ ] Card

[ ] MEGATON
>> No. 175717
[x] MEGATON
>> No. 175720
[X] MEGATON

Go big or go home
>> No. 175722
[X] MEGATON
>> No. 175725
[x] MEGATON
It's not how much you lift, it's how good you look!
>> No. 175729
[X] MEGATON

Guaranteed to send any human-sized being flying or your money back.
>> No. 175739
Inb4 we're voting for how hard Kanako hits Tenshi to get her to calm down
>> No. 175767
[x] MEGATON
>> No. 175776
File 138493861681.png - (63.75KB , 700x467 , talk to the FIST.png ) [iqdb]
175776
She can't seriously be doing what I think she is doing. No one would be so foolish, so insolent.

…oh, what am I thinking?! This is the girl responsible for that whole incident that demolished the Hakurei Shrine! Of course she would do something like-


Ungh!


Damn! Don't fall, don't fall, maintain balance! Maintain-
Aha! Good. Now, just straighten up. Keep composed. There, good.

That did not hurt. That did not hurt at all. Not at all.

It somewhat did, though. It really, actually did.

That's fine, though! It's fine. Just one of the drawbacks of corporeality.
Besides, she's still a child. A young, impertinent child, lashing out in anger.
Let her have her tantrum and get it out of her system.
It's nothing to be upset over. Not at all.
I am not upset by this. Not at all.
Sure, there are those who have faced my wrath for lesser transgressions than this. Sure, my nose hurts a bit more than it should, and... wait. It shouldn't feel like this, should it? Is it...
Okay. Sure, my nose is somehow, apparently broken. Not sure how that's even possible, really. But, surely, I can be forgiving and overlook this, couldn't I?

Not at all.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


You awaken to a thunderous rumbling, shaking you to the bone. From the empty feeling in your gut, you can only assume this is due to it being way too long since your last meal, forcing to you reconsider the wisdom of not finishing absolutely everything on your plate this morning, no matter how inedible certain parts of it were.

Come to think of it, it's been a while since you've seen a certain green-haired, tube-covered girl, hasn't it? Unless, of course, you are seeing her, and just aren't aware of it. Because, as you recall, she can do that. That is totally a thing she does. Given your currently helplessly immobile state, and the complete and total lack of any sensation of being groped and fondled in regions of the nether and not-so-nether variety, however, you think it's safe to assume that she is probably not around at the moment. Unless she was. Or is.

Not that you can see much of anything, at the moment. Nothing but ceiling, blurry bits of not-ceiling at the edges of your vision. As the rumbling continues, you see the occasional bit of dust fall from above.

You must really, really be hungry.
Too bad you can't move, or you might be able to do something about it. Oh well.


[ ] Go back to sleep.

[ ] WhistleCall for _________.

[ ] Wiggle your big toe.

[ ]
>> No. 175780
[x] Call for Medi

"Medi, I think that I'm so hungry that it's causing property damage. Can you help me?"
>> No. 175799
[x] Call for Medi

Welp, we wanted to start an Incident right? I'm pretty sure that a battle of the Gods counts as one. Either that or it will be labelled as Tuesday, depending on how lazy Reimu is feeling at the moment.
>> No. 175844
[x] wiggle your big toe

Self-reliance! Iron will! Kill bill reference!
>> No. 175849
[X] Wiggle your big toe.

Eh, might as well just wait a bit. Who knows, perhaps someone will come flying through the wall at us?
>> No. 175853
[x] wiggle your big toe
What is this
>> No. 175866
>>175776
[x] Wiggle your big toe.
HI big toe, how are you?
>> No. 175869
[x] Call for Medi

Come on guys, don't you want to try another one of Medicine's delicious home cooked meals? The secret ingredient is love~
>> No. 176061
File 138562238221.jpg - (0.97MB , 1066x780 , retail is hell.jpg ) [iqdb]
176061
Once again the time has come that I must take up arms and do battle against the rabid horde and their countless screaming hellspawn. The air will be filled with the sounds of primal grunting and the gnashing of teeth, as their mouths froth at the prospect of saving money by spending large sums of it on things they don't particularly need yet insist on risking life and limb to acquire. They will bicker, they will fight, and all for the right to take home a bauble that could be found in greater quantities yet equal price if they would only wait.

Truly, these are dark times. The days in which a man can do naught but look upon himself and ponder whether he should take up a nobler profession, such as alcoholism.



Writing will resume once this shitshow has passed, and the memory has been drowned like a sack of kittens in a sea of eggnog. Until then, I can do nothing but find comfort in my thoughts and visions of things both wonderful and dreadful that are yet to come.

Be well, dear frie acquain strange faceless people who lie beyond the screen. Though I cannot, in truth, claim any genuine affection for any of you, know that I hold you all in higher esteem than the majority of those I encounter in my daily business, if only because my esteem for them is so very, very low.



Just kidding. I love you guys. Well, not love, really. 'Like' would be a lot more closer to accurate, but still... Well, let me put it this way, if I ever got one of those offers where if I push a button I will receive a ludicrous sum of money but a random person in the world will die in exchange, the slim possibility of that one person being one of you would make me think long and hard about pushing it. Oh, I would still push it, of course. I mean, come on! I've got bills to pay! Besides, with odds like that, you're all more likely to be struck by lightning than have anything happen to you as the result of some mystical money-granting death-button, and the poor bastard who does bite it was probably an asshole anyway! So, really, everybody wins, when you really think about it.
>> No. 176150
>>176061
Oh and we love you too. And good luck.

[x] Call for Medi
>> No. 176165
Good luck with the game Life.

Kind of wish it wasn't locked in nightmare mode with only 1 life and no continues. Oh well.
>> No. 176208
File 13859649069.png - (454.02KB , 800x971 , fuck you sick subconsciousness.png ) [iqdb]
176208
>>176165
> nightmare mode with only 1 life and no continues

And a fondness for unblockable one-hit status-effect-inducing bullshit. Fever dreams, man. They are a bitch.

Seriously, I made the mistake of watching a certain Let's Play before going to sleep, and was stuck fever-dreaming about a Dave Cage rendition of the Lost Woods that remained stuck in my head even after I woke up in the middle of the night. Even while I was desperately trying to will myself back to sleep, it was the only image I could see in my mind. An endless sea of trees and ambiguous button prompts hanging in the air where I was forever trapped, unable to advance yet not capable of truly failing.

So, yeah. Sickness. Not great. Don't recommend it.
>> No. 176501
Still alive there flagman?
>> No. 176510
File 13868850302.jpg - (63.81KB , 600x494 , 24360139.jpg ) [iqdb]
176510
>>176501
Kiiiiiinda.

I'm still sick, I've been coughing so much it's wrecked my voice to the point that I've been incapable of talking for the past five days, and all while working full days at one of the worst possible places to work at this particular time of year. At the end of each day, I return home and promptly NyQuil myself into a coma in preparation for the next day.

Writing will probably maybe hopefully happen sometime eventually.
>> No. 176529
Take your time man and get healthy. Writing in a fever and NyQuil induced haze will most likely end poorly.
>> No. 176560
File 138701673623.jpg - (70.53KB , 1000x667 , never tell me the odds.jpg ) [iqdb]
176560
Truly, it is a shame that you cannot do anything in your present state. Unless, that is, you can do something. Something like moving, instead of not moving. Getting up instead of laying down. Acquiring something to quell the rumbling from your stomach, rather than allowing it to shudder and shake the very walls around you.

Sure, you were told you can't move. Sure, your apparent inability to move seems to lend credence to that statement. But just because something has facts behind it doesn't necessarily mean it's true, does it? Reality is what you make of it, after all! Why should this so-called 'reality' stand in your way of doing that which needs to be done by you, when you can simply create one which allows you to do that very thing you otherwise could not?

And so, you bid farewell to this reality of non-movement! No longer will you remain still, like the rock! Instead you shall move, like the arm that throws the rock! You will be the arm the throws the rock to shatter the glass of this reality, creating a hole in which you will step through to a new reality! A brave new world not unlike this one, but better! Better because you can move! And do stuff!

And so, with a new-found conviction burning in your heart and soul, you steel yourself and move! You move, damn it!



...it's turning out to be more difficult that you had assumed it would be. Perhaps, you wonder, your blood is not quite hot enough to get the job done? At least, in one go?

Right! That's it, you think to yourself. You simply are trying to take on too much at once! Going too far too quickly too soon! And where does that get you? Nowhere, that's where! It is so obvious once you think about it! You must start smaller! Simpler! You will not move your entire body, but one part of it! Then another! And another! And another after that! And what better place than to start, than at the bottom? The ground floor of the great temple that is your body? Granted, your entire body is currently on the 'ground floor' at this moment, but now is not the time to fret over such trifling details!

And so, once more you muster up all of your strength and courage and other things that people generally associate with actions performed while screaming loudly, you attempt to wiggle your big toe! You attempt the fuck out of wiggling your big toe! You attempt it so hard, you almost break the limits of what it means to 'try' and burst right into the realm of 'doing'.

'Almost' being the operative word, in this case.

Though you cannot see your feet, you are familiar enough with your own body to know the difference between the feeling of a toe that was wiggling and a toe that was not wiggling, and at this moment your toes were all firmly planted in the 'not wiggling' camp. This does not please you.

However, you don't let that get to you! If at first you don't succeed, you simply need to try again! Then, if you still don't succeed, then you simply take that as a sign that you are just that much of a loser and can look forward to nothing but failure and disappointment in your life! At least, for what little amount of life you have left before some horrific creature spawned from the collective nightmares of humanity and given frilly lace-covered form cracks open your skull like a walnut to feast upon the sweet brain-meats hidden within, as if often the case in this wonderful, magical land you call home.

For some reason that you are sure is completely unrelated to your thoughts of little girls in frilly dresses being capable of committing mass-murder, you suddenly think of Medi. Surely she could help you in some fashion, couldn't she? Though asking her to help you wiggle your toe might be a bit strange, perhaps she could help you in some other way? Helping you get up to get something to eat, for example, or even bringing something in for you to eat.

“Hey, Medi?” you say, hoping she was close enough to hear you, wherever she was.

“Hmmm~?” you hear someone say with a distinctly un-Medi-like voice. “I'm sorry, but the little dolly has gone to play somewhere else for the moment, I'm afraid~!”

That definitely does not sound like Medi, you think to yourself. It does not sound like Medi at all. The girl you suddenly see looking down at you doesn't look very much like Medi, either. Her hair isn't green like that, for starters. Her eyes weren't red, the last time you looked, for that matter. And you are almost positive you've never seen hear wearing that pink hat and nightgown combo, even if she would probably look pretty cute in it, even if it wouldn't make much sense for her to wear it since she doesn't seem to do much in the way of sleeping, though if she did she would totally oh yeah that's Yuuka isn't it?

Yuuka. The kinda-scary youkai lady-turned-girl is currently standing right over you And she's smiling.

You're not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.




[ ] Keep Calm and Ask Her About Dinner

[ ] scream

[ ] Emit a steady, high-pitched tone to drive off predators

[ ]







----------------------------------------------


>>176529
Oh, no worries. The fever went away a while ago, and aside from the coughing still being an issue, I am probably on the mend now. Still can't talk much, but I am now capable of making noises that I would describe as being somewhere between "death metal growl" and "Gollum with throat cancer". Not great, but technically an improvement. Technically.

Besides, we're coming up to the end of the year. This thread has been around for about half of it. Allowing it to live to see the next year is not something I find acceptable. I cannot have that. I will not have that. Oh no. No, I will not.

On a semi-related note, I've been wondering about going off on another "What If...?" tangent or something similar, if only for a little bit. Maybe in the next thread, or maybe not. Maybe involving one of the previous scenarios, or maybe not. That is, if there's interest in such a thing, of course. If not, that's fine. I'm just throwing it out there, is all. It's an option.
>> No. 176564
[X] Keep Calm and Ask Her About Dinner
>> No. 176566
[x] Emit a steady, high-pitched tone to drive off predators
>> No. 176568
[X] Keep Calm and Ask About Dinner

This is clearly the sanest thing to do. Clearly.
>> No. 176569
[X] Keep Calm and Ask About Dinner

Flowers can smell your fear. Remain calm, and stay in control of your feelings at all times. At no point should you make any references to pruning.
>> No. 176582
[x] Keep Calm and Ask Her About Dinner

I hope we aren't dinner.
>> No. 176583
[X] Keep Calm and Ask Her About Dinner

There is no way this can go wrong. At all.
>> No. 176586
[x] Keep Calm and Ask Her About Dinner
If she wanted to kill us, we'd be dead.
She probably only wants entertainment and a woman like Yuuka deserves it
>> No. 176587
[x] Keep Calm and Ask Her About Dinner
>> No. 176588
[X] Keep Calm and Ask Her About Dinner

I'd be interested in the what-if scenario if it's part of the next thread. For now let's try and get through this without losing the legs.
>> No. 176591
[ ]

What is she upto anyway...
>> No. 176642
File 138727469265.jpg - (123.11KB , 593x837 , tee hee.jpg ) [iqdb]
176642
Though you're not entirely certain about whether your current situation involving the little youkai girl looking down at you would fall in the “good” or “bad” category, you know that the best thing to do in any case is to remain calm. They can smell fear, after all. Some of them even feed off of it.

Girls are scary like that.

“You know, I was hoping to get you like this~” Yuuka says, her smile widening slightly. “Alone and unguarded~”

“Well, you've got perfect timing, then!” you reply, doing your best to sound casual. “I'm starving. Think we could get something to eat?”

Still smiling, Yuuka's mouth silently opens, then closes again. Whatever response she was expecting from you, you get the feeling that wasn't it. That could be very good for you. Or very bad for you. Or something in between. Either way, she's clearly been taken off-guard, if only a little, and that means you must press your advantage!

“Seriously, I'm really hungry. Are you hungry, Miss Yuuka? Because we could totally do something about that. You know. With food. And eating that food.”

Slowly, the smile fades from Yuuka's face, until there is nothing left but a cold stare. It's the sort of look you would imagine someone giving to an insect right before they squash it. Were you able to move, you suspect you would be squirming uncomfortably at this very moment. As you are, though, you can do nothing but stare back at her. Stare at the girl staring at you staring at her staring at you. For what feels like an eternity, the two of you simply stare at each other, unblinking and unmoving.

And then she starts smiling again.

“So, you would like something to eat, hm~?”

“Uh-huh.”

“And you would like me to help you with that, hmmm~?”

“Um, yes, please.”

“Just so we understand one another, you, who did this to me, are asking me to do something for you.”

“Um. Yeah.” you say, wondering what she could possibly be getting at, as if there were something unusual about someone asking something of someone else. Unless, of course, that someone did something to make the someone else angry, in which case it might seem just a little strange that the someone who wronged the other someone would...

Oh. Right.

Without breaking eye-contact, Yuuka continues to smile as she turns and gently seats herself upon your stomach. Placing one hand on your chest, she leans in towards your face and smiles even more broadly than before.

“You know, human, I could kill you right now if I wanted to, but that would be boring,” the youkai says, as casually as if she were talking about the weather. “You can't even move, let alone do anything to correct what you've done to me, and yet you still have the nerve to ask me for a favor~?”

“Well, actually, it's more like an invitation than a faoomgh?!” you start to say, before having a small yet very strong hand clamp over your mouth.

“I wasn't finished~!” the green-haired youkai says in a way that somehow manages to sound as cheerful as it does menacing. “If you wish to receive something, you must be prepared to offer something in return. That's only fair, isn't it~?”

Pausing just long enough for you to offer a muffled sound of agreement, Yuuka continues to speak, gradually leaning herself ever closer to your face all the while.

“You want me to do something for you, then you should do something for me, yes~? Oh, but you can't, can you~? You can't do anything~! Anything at all~!”

Shifting her body around as she leans in ever further, the nightgown-clad youkai is practically laying on top of you at this point, the weight of her small body pressing down on you harder than you would expect from something her size.

“Fortunately for you, it just so happens that there is something you can do for me. Something that you can do even in your presently useless condition. Would you like to know what it is~? Hmmmmm~?”

“Mmm. Mmm-hmm?”

“Oh, it's so very simple~” Yuuka says, taking her hand from your mouth and folding her arms on your chest. “You're going to sleep with me~!”



[ ] Buh!?

[ ] What.

[ ] Okie-dokie!

[ ] Um, no?
>> No. 176643
[X] Okie-dokie!
Clearly the girl is just scared and need someone to sleep beside! Come here Yuuka!
>> No. 176644
File 13872770392.jpg - (94.25KB , 512x384 , stickinessdrippingdown.jpg ) [iqdb]
176644
[x] Okie dokie

All right, let's get some help getting changed into our footie pajamas, giggle over bedtime stores, and, in the morning...

Yuuka's makin' waffles
>> No. 176645
[x] Okie-dokie!
Get your mind out of the gutter you guys: he can't move. How could he sleep with her in-oh. Oh!
So Yuuka is one of those eh? I shouldn't be surprised.
>> No. 176650
[X] Okie-dokie!
That doesn't sound so bad, Yuuka is already dressed for nap time! Nothing can go wrong, nothing at all!
>> No. 176652
x] Okie-dokie!

I dont expect Anything bad to happen at all!
>> No. 176653
[X] Buh!?

I really do not know why she wants to sleep with us all things considered and I rather not know why.
>> No. 176654
[X] Okie-dokie!

In the next room over a Tengu readies the camera crew for To Catch a Predator: Gensokyo Edition.
>> No. 176667
[x] Okie dokie
Crazy dreamscape scenes are a go.
>> No. 176672
File 138735848825.jpg - (190.68KB , 595x669 , there will be blood.jpg ) [iqdb]
176672
Yeeeeeah, I think I'm going to just go ahead and call it now. Writing won't be happening until tomorrow night or the day after that, but then? Stuff is probably going to happen. Oh yes. Maybe you have some idea what that stuff might be. Maybe you don't. But there will be stuff. Oh, the stuff there will be.

In the meantime, I have some preparations to make. Things to stock up on. Folders to make, and then fill. Fill with things. Things for the stuff.
>> No. 176673
[x] Okie-dokie!

The chances of this being sexual is close to nil; it's far more likely we're going to get our heads bitten off.

Can't resist, though.
>> No. 176707
>But there will be stuff. Oh, the stuff there will be.
Hooray

[X] Okie-dokie!