[Return]
Archived thread

File 135755801115.jpg - (474.86KB , 1200x1120 , that old chestnut.jpg ) [iqdb]
164213 No. 164213
Before you did anything else, you needed information, and not the kind you could get by dialing 411.

Your old informant was always good for a clue, and sometimes a sandwich, though neither came cheap. Condiments were extra.

It was almost worth it for the sandwiches, alone.

You had to hand it to him, the guy may run a racket so tight you could bounce balls off it and call it a sport, but he was a maestro when it came to putting things between slices of bread.

First thing's first, though. You weren't going to get where you were going without getting out of where you were. The Nine Lives was as good a place as any to drown your sorrows under a flood of gin after a hard day's work, but if you stayed any longer they'd start charging you rent, and you didn't have enough to even cover the security deposit.


”...ey! Whe...re yo...oin...”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


It's quiet.

Exceedingly so.

Perhaps this is normal for a temple, though?

...something about this place seems strange, though.
Or is it something within this place?

It reminds me of...

No, no, no. Let's not get sidetracked.

Someone is here. I have no doubt of that.
The interior shows signs of recent use, and I cannot imagine a place such as this would be left completely unattended.

Then question, of course, is of where they are...

>> No. 164221
>”...ey! Whe...re yo...oin...”

To insanity ave again it seems!
>> No. 164349
Uh. Why is Rikako (?) at a temple?
>> No. 164360
>>164349
Because we voted that way a long time ago, remember?
Also, Myouren Temple, yeah!
>> No. 164366
File 13578963119.jpg - (309.75KB , 501x708 , I drowned a man in Reno just to watch him die.jpg ) [iqdb]
164366
“Miss Kurodani, do you suppose that...er...”

Wait. Where did she go?

“Miss Kurodani?”

...oh, for the love of Science.
She was right behind me just moments ago!
Where could she have gone?
For that matter, why?

...it's not me, is it?
I'm not emitting some strange electromagnetic field that is somehow compelling others to abruptly wander off for no reason, am I?

“Miss Kurodani? Hello? If you can hear me-”

Avast!

“W-wha-?!”

As ships at sea seek guidance from the stars, so too do souls as they navigate the often turbulent waters of life in search of the port we call 'Enlightenment'!

“Ahh...er...okay?”

We here at the Myouren Temple welcome you, and wish to thank you for choosing us to be your guiding light upon this day. We are deeply grateful for your patronage, and a Temple representative will be along shortly to attend to your needs... is what I'm supposed to say, but they're all out or busy at the moment, so I'm all you get.”


So there is someone here, after all.
But I don't see anyone around. Curious.

“Er, hello?”

“Hello!”


A response!
I can't tell where her voice is coming from, but it would seem that she can hear me.
Well then, let's attempt to open a dialogue...


“I beg your pardon, but do you live here?”

“In a manner of speaking.”


Well, she can definitely hear me.
I still don't see her anywhere, though.
Strange. Could they have some form of intercommunication system in place, here?


“And what manner would that be?”

“That depends on what you prefer.. Technically, yes, I live here. Literally...not so much.”

“I see...”

“But enough about little old me! What brings you aboard with us, today?”

“Ah, yes, well...about that...”


Somewhere on the ceiling? No...
I don't see anything that looks like her voice would be coming out of it, let alone anything capable of picking up my own.
If there is some communication system in place here, it's integrated into the architecture quite well.
I doubt it's on the level with anything at Eientei, but it's still quite impressive. Her voice is so clear, it's almost as if she were right here in the room. Or even...


“GAH!”

“Peek-a-boo!”


Or she could actually be right here in the room.
At least...partially.

Funny. You would think the sight of someone passing through a solid wall wouldn't phase me by now, and yet...nope.

I feel secure in asserting that this is the sort of sight that will never look anything but wrong to me.


“Did I get you? I got you, didn't I? It's okay to admit it.”

“Ah, yes. Yes, you certainly did 'get' me, Miss...?”

“Oh, right, right! One second, I just have to...hngh...damn this new lumber! Why did they have to...nngh!


Is she...stuck?
I would assume she is some form of spirit, and yet...she's stuck?

Also, something about her seems familiar.
Hmm...



[ ] Offer to help. It would be rude to just stand here and watch.

[ ] Introduce and explain yourself. May as well get right to the point.

[ ] Wait for her to dislodge herself. No harm in waiting.
>> No. 164368
[X] Offer to help. It would be rude to just stand here and watch.

Let's help the poor captain out. Assuming this is indeed Murasa and not another spirit.

>Also, something about her seems familiar.

Chiyuri? Kana?
>> No. 164369
>>164368
Well, she did scare us, so Kogasa is out of the question.

[x] Offer to help. It would be rude to just stand here and watch.
>> No. 164374
[X] Offer to help. It would be rude to just stand here and watch.
>> No. 164375
[x] Offer to help. It would be rude to just stand here and watch.

MIght s well make a good impression. And what DID happen to Yamame?
>> No. 164458
[x] Offer to help. It would be rude to just stand here and watch.
>> No. 164469
File 135832928776.png - (21.42KB , 317x317 , I'm going to fucking punch someone.png ) [iqdb]
164469
Wound up having no time to write today. Will make every attempt to crank something out after work tomorrow.
>> No. 164484
File 135842139516.png - (54.48KB , 500x500 , all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy all wor.png ) [iqdb]
164484
Well, I suppose I should offer to help her out.

...except, I am not entirely certain as to what, precisely, I could possibly do to help.

Between her comment about 'living here, yet not living here,' and the fact that she is clearly capable of passing her body through solid matter, I am fairly certain she is some form of spiritual entity.
What particular variety, I can't even guess, but she clearly possesses the ability to render herself intangible. At least, intangible to the extent that it allows her to move through walls, albeit with some difficulty in this instance.

While that in itself raises some questions, it is highly unlikely that any of them would fall within the purview of scientific investigation.

Still, I suppose it would not do any harm to ask, anyway. If only to be polite.


“Say, do you need any, uh, help?”

Rrgh! Huh? Nah, I got this! I just need to...hrrg! Damn it!”

“Really, if there's anything I could-”

“No, no! Really! I'm eugh! Fine! Really!”

“Well, if you say so...”

Ha! Almost got it! Almost hrrgh!”


Well, I can't deny that she appears to be making progress. With most of her body now free of the wall, only her foot remains, and...

...wait.

She now has one foot clearly planted on the ground.
Yet, the other is still in the wall.
In short, she's solid, yet not.

How does that even work?
Is she capable of changing the state of individual body parts?
If not, how is it possible to pass through a wall without also falling through the floor?
More than that, how does she- no.

No, no, no, no, no no.
Stop thinking about this.
Stop thinking about this.
It's not your field.
It's not your problem.
It probably can't even be explained with science, anyway.

I must retain my focus.
I am here for a reason, and should not allow myself to become needlessly sidetracked by trifling matters like how a spiritual entity could become stuck, or why I find myself feeling a growing sense of unease about this place. Or, perhaps, simply her.


...why is that?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The city stretched out as far as the eye could see; an endless jungle of concrete and steel.

My informant was out there, somewhere. I needed to find out where...



[ ] Ring ring

[ ] Knock knock

[ ] Bang bang

[ ] Honk honk
>> No. 164485
[x] Honk honk


I know I shouldn't but...
>> No. 164487
[x] Honk honk

I'm a tonk.
>> No. 164488
[x] Honk honk

Let's roll with the Chen option.
>> No. 164494
[X] Knock, knock.

I say we check out a building. Who knows what wonders are inside?
>> No. 164495
[x] Ring ring

Yes
>> No. 164498
[X] Honk honk
Ok, I'll bite
>> No. 164508
[x] Ring ring
>> No. 164514
[X] Bang bang

Getting information in a true Noir way. Beating the hell out of barely reformed law breakers.
>> No. 164535
[X] Honk honk

Hopefully we trip over a drunk oni on the road or something.
>> No. 164539
File 135851595038.jpg - (23.80KB , 300x220 , obligatorypic.jpg ) [iqdb]
164539
[x]Honk Honk
>> No. 164662
>>164488
Cirnoir stole Chen's bike.
>> No. 164721
File 135923662147.jpg - (32.17KB , 319x320 , don't ask about last week.jpg ) [iqdb]
164721
The answer was plain as a Crisco sandwich, minus the grease and risk of clogged arteries.

My office. My home away from home.
At least, until I got evicted.
Now it's just “home”.

My informant had left me a little something in case I ever needed to get in touch again.
I had kept it stored away for a rainy day, and right now it was pouring.

But first thing's first.
Or was it last?
In any case, I had to get where I was going before I was there.

I needed a ride.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“...mmph...need...mhm...”

“Hey! Get back here, funny-talking smelly-man! Don't you know it's rude to-”

“...need....need ride...need...”

“Um. Mister funny-smelling talky guy? Hello? Your eyes look kinda weird. Are you-”

TAXI!

“W-wha?!”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The cabbie was smart. Knew better than to stop.

Some cities had neighborhoods you don't drive through without locking your doors.
This city had neighborhoods you don't drive through without a full armored convoy.

The cabbie was smart.
But not smart enough.

A hop, skip, and jump was all it took.

He tried to swerve to shake me off.

I made like an alien parasite on prom night.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“AHH! GET OFF ME! LET GO! LET GO! YOU SMELL! YO-AHH! WHAT WAS THAT?!”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The cabbie was screaming like two cats in a bag full of hammers. Something told me he didn't like me hitching a ride.

Frankly, I didn't give a damn.

I didn't have a damn to give in the first place.

The witch took everything in the divorce.

Everything but the scotch.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“WHAT IS THAT?! IS THAT YOUR- EW! EW! EW! EW! EW! EEEEEEWWW! GET OFF! GET OFF! EW! EW! EW!”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The car horn blared like the world's worst trumpet-player. If the cabbie was a lounge singer, the car was providing accompaniment on brass.

Too bad they carried a tune like an armless man with a bucket of limes.

The song goes into its second, third, and forth verses all at once.
Each one sounding the same as the last.

The cabbie looks up, yelling at me to get off.

I just look down, and whisper...

[ ] No.

[ ] Make me.

[ ] Look out for that tree.

[ ] Okie-dokie.
>> No. 164722
[x] Look out for that tree.

Poor Chen.
>> No. 164729
[X] Okie-dokie.

When a car is barreling towards a tree the best place to be is not in the car. We'll walk home, and nuts to any would-be muggers.
>> No. 164730
[x] Look out for that tree.

>>164722
Seconded. I'm still more amused than sorry, though.
>> No. 164732
[x] Make me.

I was not expecting this. In a good way.
>I made like an alien parasite on prom night.
what does this even mean
>> No. 164747
[X] Look out for that tree.
>> No. 164750
[X] Look out for that tree.

>>164732
You've never seen alien parasites on prom night?
Well, otherwise you'd know the similarities between them and a hallucinating man hanging on to someone believing he's grabbing onto the roof of a cab in a wild fantasy that he's a detective noir protagonist looking for his old informant.
I mean, it's OBVIOUS if you'd seen them.
>> No. 164751
[X] Look out for that tree.

Anon, Anon, Anon of the ci~ty.
Crazy as he can be.
Anon, Anon, Anon of the ci~ty.
Watch out for that tree! *crash*
>> No. 164788
(X) No
>> No. 164802
File 135945227394.jpg - (72.88KB , 480x383 , don't forget to flap your arms.jpg ) [iqdb]
164802
The car jumps the curb like a fat man playing a game of 'The Floor is Lava'.
The chorus of screaming driver and blaring horn yields to the groan of metal and snap of wood.

Cutting through the park was usually a good idea.
Doing it on the back of a speeding car was a different story. The kind that ends with a sudden stop and a feature on the evening news.

The cabbie still wanted me off his car.

I still needed the ride.

Lucky for us, we were speeding towards someone willing to settle our dispute.

The Honorable Judge Fuckhuge Tree was presiding, and I had a hunch which way he was going to rule.

I try to warn the cabbie. If he liked me hitching a ride on his roof, he was going to love what the tree had in store.

Times like this, even I can't tell if I'm being sarcastic.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“EWEWEWLETGOLETGOLETGOEWEWEW-”

“...hrrmmrrmtreeuurrhraaaaaagh...”

“LETGOGETOFFI'MGONNATELLMYMAS-”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


It was no use. The cabbie had as much interest in listening as a rock in a jazz club.

The car hits the tree like it insulted its mother, its crumpling frame squealing like a dolphin getting hit with a sandblaster. Needless to say, it's days of transporting drunks and tourists were over.

My body flips.
The world spins.

Whatever was about to happen, I had a feeling it was going to hurt.





[ ] CRACK

[ ] WHAM

[ ] SHATTER

[ ] SPLAT
>> No. 164803
File 135946171975.jpg - (142.15KB , 1280x720 , harukas-gray-world-shatters.jpg ) [iqdb]
164803
[x] SHATTER

Begone, delusions! The power of pain compels you!
>> No. 164804
>The car jumps the curb like a fat man playing a game of 'The Floor is Lava'.
Simile of the week.
>> No. 164809
[x] WHAM
How rude! No tip for you!
>> No. 164810
>>164809
[x] WHAM

What he said.
>> No. 164813
[x] WHAM

Cabbies these days...
>> No. 164822
[X] SHATTER

>>164803

Maybe the pain will make the illusion worse? I hope not...
>> No. 164836
[X] SHATTER
Blindvoting go!
>> No. 164874
>>164802
[X] WHAM.
>> No. 164877
File 135962892265.jpg - (433.74KB , 1200x798 , pardon our dust.jpg ) [iqdb]
164877
The impact hurts about as much as I expect.

Someone up there might not like me very much, but they sure as hell don't want to leave me disappointed.

If it weren't for the ruptured lung, I'd almost want to laugh.


Ruptured lung.

Cracked ribs.

Fractured vertebrae.

I was no doctor, but you didn't need a medical degree to know I was in bad shape.

If the blood wasn't enough of a clue, my arm laying halfway across the room from the rest of me was a dead giveaway.

The wall I came in through wasn't looking so hot, either.

...of course, whether or not that was because of me was up for debate.

The old school had seen better days. The broken windows and cracking paint told the same story as just about every other building in this part of town. Just another place that had been forgotten and left to rot.

Of course, that was only half the story.


The room's residents filled in the rest of the blanks.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Owowowowowwie! Stupid stinky human! I'm going to tell on you, you-...huh?”

“...argh....rrrarrgargle...”

“Hey. Are you dead? Hey!”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The school had been abandoned for years now.

Apparently, nobody bothered to tell the students or teachers. Not that any of them could hear if anyone had.

The classroom was packed. Students in every desk, and the teacher standing front and center. It was a scene straight out of a movie, except someone had left this one on 'pause'.

Nobody moves. Nobody blinks. Nobody even breathes.

I'd been to morgues that had more life in them.

From the way I was bleeding, it wouldn't be long before I'd be paying one of them a visit.

Assuming, of course, anyone found me...
>> No. 164893
Chen, that's not how you check if people are dead. Go fetch your poking stick and do it properly.
>> No. 164932
Okay, so we're bleeding, in an quasi-abandoned building, and we're surrounded. This is a climax if I've ever seen one, and if movies are to be believed there's no way this won't end with a dramatic showdown.
>> No. 164935
File 13597786034.jpg - (13.05KB , 500x281 , bleeding - his only weakness.jpg ) [iqdb]
164935
Suddenly, the lights go out.

Broken, bleeding, and now I can't see. The day just kept getting better and better.

From out in the hallway, I hear footsteps, along with a sound I had spent enough time in car trunks and being thrown off of piers to know all-too well.

A body being dragged.

The fact it wasn't mine was a change of pace, but one that didn't make me feel much better.

I slowly get back to my feet, the pain making sure I regret the decision every inch of the way.

I shouldn't be standing. I shouldn't be moving. I probably shouldn't even be conscious.

I never could get the hang of doing what I was 'supposed' to. This time wasn't going to be any different.

The lights flicker back on long enough for me to find my arm. It might not do me much good right now, but I wasn't going to just leave it for the rats. It had been a part of me as long as I could remember.

It may have been severed, but I was still quite attached to it.

Pain shoots through my head like a bolt of lightning from a vengeful god.

I probably had that coming.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Hello? Helloooo? Mister stinky? Come on! Blink or something!”

“...grrgkt...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I shuffle for the door, arm-in-hand, and look back at the classroom.

Still not moving. Still not talking.

I was almost impressed. I had no clue how they were with History, but in a class for impersonating a wax museum exhibit, they'd all get top marks.

...well, not all of them. The little blonde looked more fake than a nine dollar bill.

I didn't have time to think about it, though. Something was going down, and I needed to find out what.

I head out into the hall, and look around...




[ ] The hall to the left was stained in red, all streaks and spatters on the floor and walls.

[ ] The hall to the right was covered in white, scraps like snowflakes laid out as a carpet.
>> No. 164947
[X] The hall to the right was covered in white, scraps like snowflakes laid out as a carpet.
>> No. 164951
[X] The hall to the right was covered in white, scraps like snowflakes laid out as a carpet.
>> No. 164956
[X] The hall to the right was covered in white, scraps like snowflakes laid out as a carpet.
>> No. 164957
[X] The hall to the right was covered in white, scraps like snowflakes laid out as a carpet.

"The murderer is... YOU, Dandruff Man!"
>> No. 164967
[X] The hall to the left was stained in red, all streaks and spatters on the floor and walls.

Did we seriously just lose our arm?
We are NOT having a good day. In fact, this is pretty much just the worst day ever for Anon, as far as I know.
>> No. 164968
[X] The hall to the left was stained in red, all streaks and spatters on the floor and walls.

We might find some clues as to whose body was being dragged in this hall.
>> No. 164974
[X] The hall to the right was covered in white, scraps like snowflakes laid out as a carpet.
Going towards the dead body is never a good thing.
Also, I think this is the most injured Protag has ever gotten.
>> No. 164990
>>164967
Assuming it's true, and not just his imagination.
For all we know, his arm could just have fallen asleep, and in his noir delusions "can't feel my arm" means "it's been severed at the shoulder".
>> No. 164996
>>164990
How do we know that it's his imagination that's acting up? What if everyone else is under some kind of illusion and he's the only one who can see things for what they truly are? Everyone else is living their lives happily under the spell and he's the only one who suffers. I bet if we still had a conscious it would say we're doing the right thing by breaking these peoples' illusions of peace.
>> No. 165003
>>164996
It also said it was a good idea to clock Cirno in the head with a rock and use her as a raft instead of just going around the lake.
Just saying...
>> No. 165006
>>165003
That was us. Ol'Conscious died around the time we left the Scarlet Devil Mansion.
>> No. 165010
>>165006

Actually, it died the moment we committed suicide by bashing our head repeatedly in order to throw off Sakuya. Or the moment we decided to swim across the lake. Or when we picked up the box. Any of those might fit, really.
>> No. 165037
File 13604002047.jpg - (97.33KB , 512x512 , 22587816.jpg ) [iqdb]
165037
Tonight didn't work out. Again.
I'm probably coming down with something. Again.
Will try again tomorrow night. Again.

I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't just draft a form letter for this sort of thing.
>> No. 165039
>>165037
It's okay. We're used to it by now.
>> No. 165101
File 136075141141.jpg - (92.69KB , 600x800 , the janitor's ass is so fired.jpg ) [iqdb]
165101
It wasn't a tough choice.

One hallway looked like the aftermath of the world's largest indoor ticker tape parade; the other, like the seventh day of a vampire's week-long binge-and-purge session.

Either way, I was as good as dead. It was just as matter of how long it would take.

I never did care for rushing things.

I make my way down the hall, the scraps of paper crackling like dead leaves under my feet. I don't risk bending over to pick one up. The pain and blood loss were already making me dizzy, and cracking my head on the floor was the last thing I needed. I could see enough of what I needed to from here, anyway.

The scraps were covered in squiggles and lines. My vision was blurring, but I still knew writing when I saw it. Letters. Notes. Memos. You name it, and it was probably there, and in enough pieces to make a jigsaw puzzle enthusiast swoon. The old lab boys could probably put them back together, but I didn't have that kind of time. All I needed to know was that whatever was written on them, somebody didn't like it.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Hey. Hey. Hey, funny stinky guy. Come on. Move. Move. Move already. This is getting boring! Move. Move. Move. Squirm. Twitch. Something. Anything!”

“...hrrgk...”

“I'm going to hit you, smelly man. I'm going to hit you if you don't do something. Do you want me to hit you? I'm going to hit you.”

... snnrrrkgrglpth...

“Okay, I'm hitting you. Ha!

“...nrrmhrrmrmm...

“Ha! You moved! ...no, wait. That was from me hitting you. Um, maybe I should...huh?”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I follow the hall for as long as it will take me, but just like every other trail I've been on, it's not long before I find myself hitting a wall.

Lucky for me, this one had a door or two in it. Maybe three, if you counted the hole...


[ ] The door to the left was sealed tight, ominous signs plastering its surface.

[ ] The door in the middle stood open a crack, the carpet of paper continuing inside.

[ ] The hole on the right looked as inviting as a shark's mouth, but large enough to crawl through.
>> No. 165106
[x] The door in the middle stood open a crack, the carpet of paper continuing inside.

Seems welcoming.
>> No. 165110
[X] The door in the middle stood open a crack, the carpet of paper continuing inside.
>> No. 165113
[x] The door in the middle stood open a crack, the carpet of paper continuing inside.
>> No. 165119
[X] The hole on the right looked as inviting as a shark's mouth, but large enough to crawl through.

If there is a hole, as a man, we must explore it.
>> No. 165120
[X] The hole on the right looked as inviting as a shark's mouth, but large enough to crawl through.

Holes must be rammed into when they are meant for me as a man, and so on.
>> No. 165156
[X] The hole on the right looked as inviting as a shark's mouth, but large enough to crawl through.
>> No. 165157
[X] The door in the middle stood open a crack, the carpet of paper continuing inside.

followed the paper trail this far. may as well see what it's all about.

... though my personal theory is that it's paperwork that Shikieiki has had to deal with for all the times we've died/come back/died again/etc...
>> No. 165279
File 136161002050.jpg - (351.28KB , 1024x690 , the update before the one where stuff happens.jpg ) [iqdb]
165279
I don't bother knocking.

Maybe someone was in there. Maybe it was a trap. All I knew was that I didn't care.

Bleeding out has a way of making you not worry about things like that.

The room was a mess, same as the rest of the building. I had no clue who tore this place apart, but I had to give them points for consistency.

File cabinets tipped over. Desk drawers pulled out. Monitors smashed. A textbook example of ransacking a joint, and these guys had done their homework.

Too bad they did it crayon.

Papers torn, but still readable. Monitors destroyed, but the machines they're connected to left intact.. If their job was to get rid of evidence, they did it sloppier than a preschooler's macaroni picture.

A pile of papers on the desk next to me hadn't even been touched. Neither did the phone right next to it.

Intact evidence, and a means of calling for help. If I didn't know any better, I'd think things were finally looking up.




[ ] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...

[ ] The phone sat silently, nestled in its cradle like a baby at naptime...
>> No. 165280
[x] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...

Probably our memories
>> No. 165281
[X] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...
>> No. 165282
[x] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...

Hey guys do you remember the weird talking piece of paper from way back when? I do.
>> No. 165283
[X] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...

We're just bleeding out. The phonecall isn't as important as MYSTERY!
>> No. 165284
[X] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...

Maybe calling for help while reading the paper?
>> No. 165285
[X] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...

The paper is back! The phone is also familiar. Back when we were in the underground and had that weird dream where we were at a business meeting and those guys laughed at what was on our business card, remember? We never did find out what was on that card, though...
>> No. 165286
[X] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...

Oh Mr. Paper, you'd never betray us.
>> No. 165288
[x] There was something disturbingly familiar about the paper on the desk...

oh yes updates.
>> No. 165300
>>165285
There was so much going through his hallucinations that this stort is getting really really hard to follow. I'm not sure that is a bad thing.

[x] The phone sat silently, nestled in its cradle like a baby at naptime...
BANANA PHO- oh I'm so outdated.
>> No. 165341
Just so you know.
Waiting patiently for your update. When your time allows it, even a small one like last is perfectly fine for me.
>> No. 165344
>>165341
Thanks, I appreciate your patience.

If possible, I'm going to try to get some writing done later today/tonight, provided that things can stop popping up long enough to let me work in peace.

"My car's fixed! I need you to help me go pick it up!"
"Oh wait! It broke down again! I need you come to pick me up!"
"I lost a white envelope with a lot of money in it. It will actually be in a green plastic bag that will look absolutely nothing like what I described to you. Find it."

I think I need to stop letting people know when my days off are.
>> No. 165345
>>165344
The trick is to let people know the wrong days are your days off. When they ask you to do something you can tell them that you were called in.
>> No. 165348
File 136229759747.jpg - (56.12KB , 400x267 , something something file name.jpg ) [iqdb]
165348
The paper stood out like a shark in a swimming pool; clearly in its element, yet definitely out of place.

Every other piece of paper in this joint had been shredded. This wasn't.

I wanted to know why.

No. More than that. I needed to know.

I didn't have much time left. The world was getting cold and hazy.

I could already hear the fat lady warming up her pipes.

I never did care for opera.

I pick up the paper, and my other arm flops to the ground like a dead fish on the floorboards.

Words printed in neatly-typed letters stand in rows, crossing each page like a skyline turned sideways. I start reading, looking for clues.

At least, I try.

Most of what's there makes about as much sense as a...thing that...doesn't...


...damn.

They said that when you're bleeding to death, the ability to see was the first thing to go.

Nobody said a damn thing about the ability to use metaphors.

I try to fight through the haze, squinting to make out even a single line before the lights go out completely.

One stands out the most, and I focus everything I have in burning those words in my brain.

I don't know what they mean. I don't even know if they were worth the effort.

Maybe I should have gone for the phone. Maybe not.

Either way, the damn thing explodes as soon as I look at it. The pieces fly through the air, turning to spiders as they hit the ground.

So much for calling out.


Suddenly, the world rumbles and cracks, shattering like...like...

Damn it.

Whatever it's like, the room falls away, with me following right behind.

It's dark. That, or my sight finally went out on me.

Even so, the words stay with me, echoing through my head over and over.

I don't know what they mean. I'm not sure I even care anymore.

All I know is, as they float through my mind one last time...


THREE STEENKY-DEENKIES! AH! AHH! AHHH!”


I shouldn't have read that damn thing, after all.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



“...is that it?”

“Smells like it. Ugh.

“How did it even get out this far?”

“How is it still alive?”

“Why is it naked?”

“Shut it, both of you! All that matters is that it's alive and intact. Now prep it for transport, and get it out of here!”

“Er...are you sure we couldn't just leave it for another squad to pick up?”

“Yeah, I'm not sure I really want to get near that thing.”

No, we cannot 'just leave it for another squad'. We are the ones who located it, and we will be the ones to return with it!”

“Assuming 'we' are still us when some spirit pops out of it and-”

“They don't really do that, right?”

“You want to find out? I don't!”

“That is not going to happen. We have this to transport it for a reason!”

“Oh, well, that makes me feel better! We have nothing to worry about because we have a bag!”

“You want to join it in there? Keep talking.”

“Look, all I'm saying is that, under the circumstances, you'd think they'd give us something better than a bag to carry this thing. I mean, how about a box? Didn't we have any of those laying around, somewhere?”

“No, we don't have any boxes. We have this bag. All we have is this bag, and if that human isn't inside it within the next ten seconds, I am throwing you in there with it and dropping you both into the goddamned Sanzu. Do you hear me?”

“...is it even big enough for both of them?”

Shut up, and put it in the damn bag!



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



[ ] Inside Out

[ ] Outside In
>> No. 165349
[X] Outside In

Well, maybe being found is good. Maybe.
>> No. 165350
[X] Outside In
I think this makes sense, sort of.
>> No. 165351
[x] Outside In

Maybe it means that...no
nope, totally lost here.
>> No. 165352
[x] Outside In

Uh, I guess...?
>> No. 165353
[X] Inside Out
>> No. 165379
[x] Inside Out
Why not!
>> No. 165380
[x] Outside In

Because 'inside out' is used often alongside sentences like ' and 'his guts were all over the floor' and 'death beyond any chance of revival'
>> No. 165381
Maybe it alludes to the narrator of the next update? "it" inside the bag or the ones carrying it , outside the bag?
>> No. 165383
File 136242015969.jpg - (385.92KB , 1024x1280 , LET 'ER RIP .jpg ) [iqdb]
165383
Calling it, already have a little written, and should be able to finish the rest later tonight.
>> No. 165393
>>165381

See, that's what I figured too (Inside Out is Anon, Outside In is the people carrying Anon). I just didn't say anything about it when I voted.
>> No. 165405
File 136248137981.jpg - (734.71KB , 1800x1125 , more to come later.jpg ) [iqdb]
165405
“Sir, Squad Seven has just reported they've retrieved the target, and are en route to our location.”

“I see. It took them long enough. Was there any resistance?”

“No, Sir. The target was alone and unconscious when they arrived.”

“Hm. Just as well. It's still alive, then?”

“Affirmative. Some minor injuries, but otherwise intact.”

“Good. Let us hope that remains the case. What of the others?”

“The doll, Melancholy, linked up with the unidentified girl shortly after the attack. We've been tracking their movements, but the smell has made it...difficult. Squads Two, Three, and Five have been monitoring them in shifts.”

“Any attempt to make contact?”

“Negative. All squads have been instructed to maintain cover. Long-range observation only. Should we engage?”

“No, it would be best to avoid a direct confrontation with her, if it at all possible. If we're lucky, she may just wander off of her own accord.”

“We still don't have an ID on the other girl. What should be done about her?”

“Same as the doll. Observe, but do not engage.”

“Sir, with all due respect, I feel it would be wise to at least investigate-”

“We currently have a possessed human on our mountain, and an oni on our doorstep. I understand your concern, but that girl could be the Yama herself, and she would still be the least of our problems at this moment.”

“...yes, Sir. I understand, Sir.”

“Now, what of the Celestial?”

“Ah, yes. Hinanai. No word on her location, yet, but-”

“No word? Haven't all the squads reported back, yet?”

“All but Squad Six have been accounted for, Sir. We've been attempting to raise them, but there's been no response.”

“Hmm...”

“With your permission, Sir, I would like to organize a search party to-”

“Denied.”

“Sir?”

“Scouts will be dispatched to to search for them, rest assured, but I have a far more important task for you...”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“And you're sure nothing can get out of it?”

“For the last time, yes. It's safe. It's contained. Stop asking about it and focus on the mission.”

“Yeah, come on, already! I was worried, too, but you don't hear me still going on about it!”

“That's because you're not the one holding the damn thing!”

“Well, if you didn't want bag duty, maybe you shouldn't have pulled the short straw.”

“How is that my fault? You cheated!”

“I did no such thing!”

“Really? Then why didn't you let me check them before they conveniently 'disappeared'?”

“I told you, they didn't disappear, they got blown away by the wind!”

“Yeah, right. That mysterious breeze that only you somehow felt.”

“Hey, I'm sorry, but it's not fair to blame me about your poor luck or dulling senses.”

“My... Hey! My senses are fine!”

“It's nothing to be ashamed of! Some of us just don't age as well as others do. It's just nature running its course!”

“You're older than I am!”

“And each year that passes, I am grateful to find I have been spared the rapid decline that strikes so many others!”

“I really hate you, sometimes. You know that, right?”
>> No. 165541
OK, that did it. I'm throughly lost. One hundred percent. If this story were a path, I'd be in Mayohiga by now.

Help?
>> No. 165543
>>165541
At the moment we are in a bag,and where we're going is unknown. The people around us appear to be two youkai who were ordered to take us to their boss, and one of the two is scared of holding the bag. This is normal since holding a bad, which it seems is magical in nature, that has a person with a case of multiple possessions is not something any sane person does.
Their boss has not been able to locate/capture our companions due to either being preoccupied with catching us, or they figured that it's too dangerous to try. It also appears the one holding the bag is older than the other one.
>> No. 165552
>>165541
you think this story goes with paths? it's a bunch of zigzags directed by whichever way has the most gags.
>> No. 165645
File 136316280877.jpg - (235.77KB , 700x1046 , COLLUSION.jpg ) [iqdb]
165645
“...and they are being quite insistent on that particular matter, I am afraid.”

“Stubborn, you mean.”

“Yes, well, they do have their reputations to-”

M'lord!

“...hrm. Yes, what is it now?”

“E-excuse me, m'lord, but...ah...”

“Again? Er, my apologies, Lady Yasaka, but-”

“Oh, no. By all means, please. It sounds urgent.”

“Thank you for your understanding.”


What a surprise. Another interruption.
Yes, yes, go to the door. Make it look as if you are attempting to send them away.
We both know that is not what is going to happen, though.
Not if the last five times this has occurred within the past hour or so are anything to go by.

'Twice is coincidence, thrice is a pattern' after all.

You'll speak in hushed voices. Your tone of feigned irritation is slipping, by the way.
You will keep at it for a few more secon- oh? Gave up on that sooner than I expected. Although, to be fair, I can only imagine this facade is growing as tiresome to you as it is to me.

Of course, at this point I would have to wonder why you would even bother keeping this up. It's not as if we both don't already know how this is going to turn out.
You'll shuffle back here, hands clasped together- yes, just like that. You'll say something about how very, truly sorry you are, but you absolutely must attend to this matter. I will, of course, assure you that it is quite alright, and politely refrain from inquiring as to what the meaning of all of this is.

Ah, yes. Bow, apologize, and then hurriedly shuffle your way out, leaving me here. Alone. Again.

This is no way to treat a deity.

Still, it is curious...


“They are reeeeeeeeeally bad at this, aren't they?”

“Hm. You're still listening.”

”Well, it's not like there's anything better to listen to on this thing. Kappa were fun to listen to for a bit, but then they got into their weird techy-talky stuff and I tuned out. Hearing you getting ditched over and over is a whole lot more entertaining!”

“Well, as long as you're entertained...”

”Aww, c'mon! You know what I mean! It's like I'm listening to a sitcom here! ...ooh! Have any of them come back wearing different clothes than what they were wearing before? You know, like they had to dress for you one way, and dress for whoever else they were with another way, and they forgot to switch back? Then you can ask why they're wearing different clothes than they were before, and they'll be all 'What, no, I mean, you see...” and then whoever they were having the other date with comes over and they'll ask who you are and you'll ask who they are and then you'll both glare at them, and then-”

“Yes. Enough. I get it.”

”I'm just saying, that's how bad they are at this.”

“Well, I can't say I disagree. It's actually almost insulting, in a way. For them to want to hide something from me is one thing, but they are not usually so blatant about the fact they are trying to hide something.”

“Yeah, really! It's like if I went and told you about how I...oh, wait, you haven't found that, yet. Never mind!”

“...haven't found what

”Noooothiiiiiing~!”

“Seriously, Suwako, what did you-”

“Nothing! Really! I was just kidding!”

Really.

“Yes, really! Really! Sheesh!”

“...in any case, this may actually work to our advantage.”


It doesn't take much to make their 'lower management' types skittish, but if even the Tengu bigwigs are this visibly nervous, then something big must be happening. Something they would much rather not have me know about. Something, perhaps, that they fear might be used as leverage against them?

What ever could that be, I wonder?


”You're doing your 'evil mastermind' smile right now, aren't you?”

“M-my...my what?”

”Oh, you know! That look you have when you get all plotty and schemey and thinking about how you can take over the world or whatever!”

“I do no such thing!”

”Reeeeally? Have you never looked at yourself in a mirror? Because, you know, you got one of those.”

“I do not smile like an 'evil mastermind'!”

”I mean, you've got it right on you! You look down, and it's there! ...of course, at that angle you'd mostly just be seeing up your nose.”

“I'm turning this off now.”

”Not that it would be bad to peek up there ever now and then, of course. I didn't want to say anything, but you've had this one hair that's just been poking out more and more every day for the past ye-”


Honestly! I do not smile like a...no. No, no, no. Now is not the time to be fretting over appearances. Something is going on here, and I have a hunch that it would be in my best interest to uncover what it is.

These 'talks' were going nowhere, anyway. Best to set the matter aside for a later date. Yes, that would be for the best, I feel. I'll just see myself out, and be on my way.

After I look into a few things, of course. Merely checking up on some troubled followers, of course. Purely out of concern for their well-being, of course.


...I'm not smiling over this. Certainly not like an evil mastermind. Absolutely not.


[ ] One direction

[ ] No direction

[ ] Redirection

[ ] Misdirection
>> No. 165646
[X] One direction
>> No. 165647
File 136317931894.jpg - (55.01KB , 560x418 , fabulous-one-direction-poster2.jpg ) [iqdb]
165647
[x]
>> No. 165648
[X] One direction

The equivalent to staying on target. I think.
>> No. 165649
[x] One direction
>Certainly not like an evil mastermind. Absolutely not.
No Sir. No.

The waiting sure was worth it.
>> No. 165653
[x] Redirection

because the page you asked for has moved.
>> No. 165654
[x] No direction

I'm absolutely confused, but if Kanako's involved nothing good can come out of any of this. At all. For anyone. Especially Anon.
>> No. 165664
[X] No direction

That god's not right. I tell you what.
>> No. 165775
File 136385833085.jpg - (1.10KB , 468x280 , going under.jpg ) [iqdb]
165775
One direction.

One simple, easy-to-follow direction.

That was all I asked of you.

That was all I required of you.

And yet, somehow, you disappoint me.

Perhaps this was asking too much of you?

Surely, it was not.

Now, be good and...ah yes, that's it.

Go back to sleep, my dear.

That's right.

And this time, stay down there.

Stay.

Just stay.

I don't want to have to tell you this again.

I don't want to be disappointed in you again.

You don't want to disappoint me, do you?

Of course you don't.

So stay there.

Just stay there.

All you have to do is stay there.

That is all I ask.

All I command

Do not disappoint me.

Do not disobey me.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




OBEY.








OBEY.












OBEY.









OBEY.









[ ] STAND BY

[ ] RESTART

[ ] SHUT DOWN

[ ] EJECT
>> No. 165789
A man chooses, a slave...

[x] RESTART
>> No. 165797
[x] EJECT

When someone tells us to stay down, we pop up. Naturally.
>> No. 165800
[x] EJECT

There's not cat to pet , therefore no obligation to obey strange voices.
>> No. 165813
[X] EJECT

If we had burners, I'd be saying to hit them.
>> No. 165821
[X]RUUUUUUUUUN

Uh, I mean, [X] EJECT
>> No. 165826
>>165813
But first you need to DIVE DIVE DIVE

[x]EJECT
>> No. 165829
[x] EJECT

NO.
>> No. 165830
File 136391695919.jpg - (1.17MB , 1200x800 , the cold cold ground.jpg ) [iqdb]
165830
OBEY.


OBEEEEY.


OBEEEEEEEEY what now?


Here.

Stay.

Here stay?

Here stay...here?

Stay here?

Stay here. Obey. Okay.

Must obey.

Must stay.

Stay here.

Must stay here.

...where is here?

Here is...dark.

Dark.

So dark.

Very dark.

Super dark.

Can't see.

I can't see.

Can't see at all.

Oh no. I'm blind.

I'm blind.

Uh-oh.

Help.

Help me.

I'm blind.

Help me, I'm blind.

Can't see. So dark.

So dark. Help.

Help me. Help me. Help me, I'm blind.

Help me, I can't...move.

Can't move.

Oh no. Can't move. Can't see.

Not good.

Not good. Not good at all.

Help. Help.

Someone help.

Should I scream?

I think I should scream.

I'm going to scream.

Scream for help.

Yes. Screaming is good.

I will scream.

Scream now.

Scream.

I'm not screaming.

Why am I not screaming?

I can't scream.

My mouth is full.

Can't scream with my mouth full.

Can't do it.

Must obey.

Must obey orders.

No screaming when your mouth is full.

Why is my mouth full?

Am I eating?

What am I eating?

Doesn't taste good.

Tastes like dirt.

Just like dirt.

Not good. Tastes bad.

Dirt tastes bad.

Make the bad taste go away.

Go away bad taste.

Go away. Go away.

Why is there dirt here?

Where am I?

I can't see.

Can't see.

Why can't I see?

...oh no. I'm blind.

Help. Help.

Somebody help.

Can't see. Can't talk. Too much dirt.

Dirt is bad. Too much dirt.

Need to get out of dirt.

Must get out.

Get out. Get out now.

Out of dirt.

Can't obey orders in dirt.

Can't do it. Can't do it.

Must get out.

Get out.

Make the dirt go away.

Go away. Go away dirt.

Don't make me eat you.

You taste bad.

Don't wanna do it.

Don't wanna eat dirt.

Don't wanna be in dirt.

Get out of dirt.

Get out of dirt.

Get out.

Go away.

Eat you. Eat you.
Gonna eat you.
Eat you eat you
eat you eat you
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EAT E
A- I see light.

I can see.

I can see.

Seeing is good. Very good.

See where I am.

I am here.

Here I am.

Here is...what is this?

Where am I?

What is this?

What is that?

What is that?

And that? And that?

Uh-oh.

I'm lost.

Help. Help me.

I'm lost.




[ ] CALL
[ ] ECHO
[ ] FIND
[ ] HELP
[ ] KILL
[ ] MOVE
[ ] RUN
>> No. 165831
[x] FIND

When lost, find where you are.
>> No. 165834
[x] CALL

Well then.
>> No. 165839
[x] HELP

There isn't a hole that is deep enough to stop you from crawling out. I don't care about vermilion horse shoes or how drastic changes might end up being, just go for it and fix it. You can do it.
>> No. 165847
[X] HELP
>> No. 165860
[X] RUN

...I'm LOST.
>> No. 165877
[X] KILL

The first thing to do while lost is to establish dominance over the land. This can be accomplished by braining a woodland creature.
>> No. 165892
File 136402634640.jpg - (917.28KB , 1280x960 , things you see in a graveyard.jpg ) [iqdb]
165892
Help. Help.

Want help.

Need help.

Find help.

Find thing for help.

Find thing. What thing?

That thing? That thing.

Hello, thing. Help.

Help. Help me, thing.

Help. Please help.

Help me, thing.

You are not helping.

Why are you not helping.

Help me. Help me thing.

What thing are you anyway?

You look like a...

Um. What was that thing?

The thing made of the stuff. Hard stuff.

Brown stuff. Brown hard stuff.

Wood.

Wood. Made of wood.

Tree. Help me, tree.

Why do you not help, tree?

Don't make me bite you, tree.

I will bite you.

I am biting you, tree.

Help me, now.

...you are still not helping.

You are not helpful.

I need help. Help from someone else.

Oh. You, there. Hello, thing.

Fuzzy thing. Fuzzy thing.

Hello.

Help.

Help me, fuzzy thing.

Fuzzy thing help.

Help me...

Rabbit? Rabbit.

Rabbit. Help me.

Don't make me bite you, too.

I'll bite you, rabbit.

Just like the tree.

See that tree?

I bit it.

I'll...

Wait. Come back.

Don't run.

I did not mean it.

I did not mean to say I would bite you.

I did mean it, though.

Come back. Please.

Please help.

Stop running.

Stop running.

That's not fair.

You're running.

Not fair.

Come back.

Come back.

Please come back.

Stop.

Stop running.

Stop...

You're gone.

Gone.

No more rabbit.

Still need help.

Help.

Help me.

Oh? Oh.

There is a thing.

A thing is there.

A thing with help?

Need help.

Go there.

Must go there.

Help me there.

Help.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“There's a girl in your cemetery.”

“Huh? Ah, don't worry about her. It's probably just-”

“She appears to be eating a headstone.”

“...oh. Damn. Her again. Well, still, don't worry.”

“But she's eating a headstone.”

“Yeah. Yeah, she does that. Just ignore her.”

“Are you sure you shouldn't stop her?

“Not worth it. Trust me.”

“But-”

“So! Forest fire! How about that?”


...subtle.
Still, if she prefers to leave the matter alone, it's not my place to pry. Least of all when we've finally returned to the topic I came here to discuss in the first place..

Not that I did not appreciate the guided tour this Miss Minamitsu has attempted to give me, but the five passes of the bathing facilities were more than a little excessive, as were her repeated offers for me to try them out.

I realize I must not smell particularly pleasant at the moment, but this is hardly the time for a long soak.


“Smoke, actually. But, yes, I was hoping someone here might know something about it.”

“Hmm, nope! Can't say I've noticed anything. The pipsqueak might have, but she's been in bed all day.”


So, there's someone else here? Hmm...



[ ] Ask to see the 'pipsqueak'. If she's been in bed all day, she might not know anything, but it's still worth a shot.

[ ] Perhaps the girl in the cemetery knows somwhat the hell am I thinking, that's a terrible idea!

[ ] Find Yamame and go somewhere else. Maybe I should just take my chances with the forest anyway?
>> No. 165897
[X] Ask to see the 'pipsqueak'. If she's been in bed all day, she might not know anything, but it's still worth a shot.

Okay, NOW that makes sense. Oh Yoshika...
>> No. 165901
[x] Ask to see the 'pipsqueak'. If she's been in bed all day, she might not know anything, but it's still worth a shot.

Yeah, the whole EAT thing had me thinking Yoshika.

Poor Yoshika.
>> No. 165904
[x] Perhaps the girl in the cemetery knows somwhat the hell am I thinking, that's a terrible idea!
Poor girl.
>> No. 165909
[x] Find Yamame and go somewhere else. Maybe I should just take my chances with the forest anyway?

OH yes.
>> No. 165912
[X] Ask to see the 'pipsqueak'. If she's been in bed all day, she might not know anything, but it's still worth a shot.
>> No. 165917
[X] Perhaps the girl in the cemetery knows somwhat the hell am I thinking, that's a terrible idea!

If she needs help then she will have it!
>> No. 165925
File 136411265144.png - (383.33KB , 800x1066 , stop shouting you have a megaphone goddamn.png ) [iqdb]
165925
'In bed all day'? I can't say I feel good about disturbing someone if they're unwell, but it would appear I have few other options at the moment.

The girl outside may know something, but I'm fairly certain it would be unwise to get involved with someone whose idea of lunch could be construed as an act of desecration.


“I'm terribly sorry to impose, but would it be possible to see this, ah...”

“The pipsqueak? Yeah, I think it'd be okay. Been meaning to check in on her, anyway. Just don't ask for an autograph or anything, okay?”

“Autograph? Why would I-”

“Ah, don't worry about it. Her room's just around this...oh, wait. Here they come.”


Wait, 'they'?


“...gargle with this twice a day, three times when performing.”

“Yes, very good. You should notice your symptoms subsiding in about a week, but...?”

“Keep using it until it's all gone!”

“Correct! It works best if you can take it the same time each day, so choose a good time to take your first dose, and stick to it as best you can.”

“Same time each day, best as I can! I'll go take it right now!”

“Good girl. I will see you later, then.”

“See you later!”


It sounds like kid, and...Yagokoro?
Wait. Yagokoro?!


“Hey, Doc! Didn't know you were still here!”

“Kyouko was just showing me out, Miss Minamitsu, and- oh? This is certainly a surprise, Miss Asakura.”

“Likewise, Doctor. I was actually on my way to your office.”

“Hm, I wonder why.”


...aaaaaand there's that look of hers that makes me wonder how much I actually need to explain, and how much she's simply humoring me.


“Actually, Doc, it's good you're here. She was wondering if anyone knew something about some smoke she saw.”

Smoke?

“Yes, a considerable amount of it, in fact. It's why I came here, instead.”

“Hm. Udonge should have contacted me if anything happened.. Unless...”


That device again. Her communicator, for lack of a better word for it.
How fascinating it would be to analyze.
How does it transmit and receive? Is it instantaneous, or is there some latency? What about its operational range? Oh, and its power source! How does it- NO. No, no, not now.

Focus, Rikako. Focus!

Forest burning. Youkai shrinking. Effects reversing.
That is all I should be concerned about right now.


“Ah, of course. No signal. It would seem someone is in need of yet another chat. My apologies, Miss Minamitsu, but I am afraid I must take my leave now.”

“No problem, Doc.”

“I've left written instructions with Kyouko, but if there are any questions or further issues...”

“Don't worry, we'll track down your bunny in town if anything comes up.”

“Appreciated. Now, Miss Asakura? I assume you will be accompanying me?”

“Huh? Well, actually...”



[ ] Go with Yagokoro. I can fill her in on everything on the way there.

[ ] Wait for Yamame. Whatever she's doing, it shouldn't take too long, right?

[ ] Check on that girl in the cemeWHY would I do that?
>> No. 165926
[X] Wait for Yamame. Whatever she's doing, it shouldn't take too long, right?
>> No. 165930
[x] Wait for Yamame. Whatever she's doing, it shouldn't take too long, right?

Another update. You are so good to us.
>> No. 165932
[x] Wait for Yamame. Whatever she's doing, it shouldn't take too long, right?

I'm certain the good doctor would like to meet her as well.
>> No. 165935
[x] Go with Yagokoro. I can fill her in on everything on the way there.
Isn't that what we were about to do?
>> No. 165943
[x] Wait for Yamame. Whatever she's doing, it shouldn't take too long, right?

>>165932

I agree. This is a perfect opportunity for Eirin to learn more about diseases and poisons!

>>Ah, of course. No signal. It would seem someone is in need of yet another chat.

What did you do now, Kaguya...
>> No. 165944
[X] Wait for Yamame. Whatever she's doing, it shouldn't take too long, right?

Something tells me that going with Yagokoro is not the best idea.
>> No. 165945
File 136414858113.png - (1.03MB , 551x650 , 34166105.png ) [iqdb]
165945
>>165944
>Something tells me that going with Yagokoro is not the best idea.

You're right. The best idea would be to go see the girl in the cemetery and give her a hug. A great big hug. She looks like she could use a hug, doesn't she? She's already got her arms out and everything!

Seriously, though, there are no "best" ideas here. Merely different ones, depending on what you would rather see. Going with Eirin just means filling her in on what's happened and finding out what the deal is with the smoke that much faster, while Yamame will most likely entail putting off the Eirin stuff in favor of finding out just what she wandered off for. Obviously, the good doctor isn't going to just wait for you while her house is burning, so take that into consideration. As for the third one, well, let's leave that as a surprise.
>> No. 166008
File 136428242061.jpg - (344.53KB , 1656x2291 , keep your vaccinations up to date.jpg ) [iqdb]
166008
“I came here with someone. Once I've found her, we'll follow after you.”

“I shall inform the rabbits to expect you, then. Oh, and before I leave, would you please roll up your sleeve for me, Miss Asakura?”

“My sleeve? Why?”

“Just roll up your sleeve, please.”


I'm not sure what Yagokoro's playing at right now, but from the look in her eyes, I should probably just do what she says.


“...like this?”

“Very good, Miss Asakura. Now, would you look over there, please?”

“Over there? What's this ab-OUCH!

“And done!”


What was that?!
Was that a needle?
Did she just-


“Don't worry, it was just a little something to help your immune system along. Now then-”

“My immune system? But I'm not-”

“Please give my regards to Miss Hijiri, Miss Minamitsu”

“Sure thing, Doc.”

“Hey, wait! What was that about-”


...and she's already gone.

I guess I can't really blame her for leaving so quickly, but you don't just inject someone with something without some sort of explanation. Or a warning, if nothing else!


“You said someone was with you, right?”

“Huh? Oh, yes. I don't know where she would have wandered off to, but she was definitely with me when-”

“Got it. No worries, I'll see if I can't track her down. Wait here, okay?”

“Well, if you insist.”


Yes, I'll just wait here.

Right here.

Alone.

Just me and my thoughts.

...and what sounds vaguely like scratching and scraping coming from somewhere from down the hall, which is surely nothing I need to concern myself with.

No, there is absolutely nothing at all that I need to worry about in a situation such as this. None whatso-

...did I just hear a scream?



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



[ ] Predator


[ ] Prey
>> No. 166009
[x] Predator
>> No. 166011
[X] Predator
>> No. 166012
[X] Prey

It's more dramatic like that, don't you think?
>> No. 166013
[X] Prey

I agree, it seems more fun that way.
>> No. 166028
[ ] Prey
>> No. 166031
[x] Predator

Because I want to know who the predator is.

Wait, crap that can easily be concealed anyway. Even more so, because people don't say their name to themselves.
>> No. 166043
[x] Predator

Going for this one.
>> No. 166069
[X] Predator

I'm sure she can dig out a pair of thermal goggles from somewhere and go to town.
>> No. 166077
File 136454378573.jpg - (630.57KB , 1600x1200 , 33577935.jpg ) [iqdb]
166077
Calling it. I managed to write a very tiny amount so far, but I won't have time for much beyond that for at least two more days. It's a shame, really, because that small handful of days where everything lined up juuuuust right to get something done on each day was nice. I liked it. It felt good.
>> No. 166273
File 136501927893.png - (794.07KB , 900x1174 , 129104d83d03b42e5b411af346e5f523.png ) [iqdb]
166273
>>166077
Just a quick reminder that your efforts do not go to waste.
>> No. 166315
File 136514828389.jpg - (753.08KB , 714x1032 , she's gonna give them SUCH a PINCH.jpg ) [iqdb]
166315
I've heard it said that if you let something go, and it comes back to you, it's yours. At first, I thought it was ridiculous. Why would you release some perfectly good prey if you already had it? Still, I couldn't argue with the second part. Anything silly enough to allow itself to get caught a second time was just asking to be eaten.

Of course, most aren't that foolish. Let just about anything with more brains than a housefly go, and that's pretty much the last you will ever see of it. Even if you went out looking it, what are the odds of ever actually finding it?

Better than I would have imagined, apparently.

I might not have actually eaten that naughty little 'guest' that went and wrapped itself up for me earlier, but the fact I let it go still makes it 'the one that got away' for me. That simply does not sit right with me. Not one bit! I may live in a dank little hole in the ground, but I still have my pride, and the number that youkai did on my webs is something I simply can't let pass.

How lucky, then, to find them here, of all places!

They may have flown away too quickly for me to get a good look at them, let alone a decent feel for their scent, but there was more than enough time to ensure a few little friends went along for the ride. Nothing too nasty or contagious, of course, but distinct enough that there would be no mistaking where they got it.

Not unless they made a habit of rubbing up against anything and everything they can, at least. For all I know, that might be what some of them do up here for fun. Rubbing their faces on anything they can, putting stuff they find on the ground in their mouths, and licking everything.

Kids these days can have the strangest hobbies.

...still, I guess that's better than 'make a royal mess of the nice spider's home and run away screaming without so much as a thank-you or I'm sorry'.

Now, just where are they...ah! In here?

Hmm...it definitely feels like somebody's in there. And it certainly smells like my little friends came this way, too.

Still...



[ ] Spider-peek!

[ ] Spider-sneak!

[ ] Spider-BOOT-TO-THE-HEAD!






-------------------------------------------------------------------



>>166273

Well, thanks. I'd have said something sooner about how much longer this was going to take than I thought, but didn't because it was mostly due to the same things that make everything I do take longer to do than I'd like. Also, stuff. Stuff I will need to be dealing with very soon. That will also be affecting my writing time. Things and stuff.

Yes. Things and stuff.
>> No. 166316
[X] Spider-BOOT-TO-THE-HEAD!


Don't give them another chance to get away.
>> No. 166319
[X] Spider-BOOT-TO-THE-HEAD!

And for the fairies... a boot to the head. *whack whack whack*
>> No. 166320
[x] Spider-BOOT-TO-THE-HEAD!

Yes.
>> No. 166321
[x] Spider-peek!

Peek before you look. Or boot, for that matter.
>> No. 166322
File 136516691546.jpg - (29.90KB , 320x300 , spiderboot1.jpg ) [iqdb]
166322
[X] Spider-BOOT-TO-THE-HEAD!

Spider-boot, spider-boot,
Harder than Koishi route.
Lets you hang from the ceiling
His strength sends opponents reeling
Look out! Here comes the Spider Boot!
>> No. 166344
[X] Spider-BOOT-TO-THE-HEAD!

Suffer not the arachnid to live.
>> No. 166621
File 136584879230.jpg - (863.34KB , 613x884 , It's time to kick ass and drink bug guts.jpg ) [iqdb]
166621
I never could enjoy waiting.

Sure, I'll do it if I have to, but when the web's out and there's nothing to do but wait for something to come along and get snagged, all waiting will do is slowly drive you crazy.

Did I catch anything yet?

How about now?

How about now?

How about now?

Nope, still nothing.

Still nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Still nothing.

Ah! There we-...wait, no, that was just a drop of water.


On and on, just like that. Very boring.
Very, very, oh-so-very boring.

Not that webs don't have their uses, but I find that taking a more proactive approach to hunting is so much more satisfying.

Sure, you still have your periods of waiting, but when you know your prey is there? Right there, in front of you, so close you can reach out and touch it? Nothing beats that feeling. The anticipation. The thrill of springing out and clamping down on the tasty morsel that has so foolishly scampered its way into your arms.

Whoever she is...whatever she is...she's right on the other side of this door. So close. So very, very close. I can hear her, grumbling and muttering about something. I can't quite tell what, but it sounds as if she has not been having a very good time, lately.

Poor thing. So unhappy. So distracted. She probably won't even hear me slide open the door.

Slide it open, slowly creep up behind her, and theeeeen...



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“...and then?”

“Then I decided, nah, I'll kick the damn thing down and boot her in the head. So I did.”

“And that's what the scream was?”

“Oh, no! The screaming came later! Isn't that right, my little snack-cake~?”

I will tear your eyes out, you cheating, wall-humping, biMMPGH

“Language~!”


As relieved as I was to see that Kurodani was safe, I was nevertheless taken aback by her returning with her....well, 'hostage' seems to be the most accurate descriptor for the tied-up girl she was presently dragging behind her.

The girl who, according to Kurodani, was the thing that had been captured in her web this morning.

I don't quite know exactly what it was I saw that came screaming out of that cave, but I certainly don't recall it looking anything at all like this girl. Still, Kurodani seems quite convinced, and it is probably safe to assume this 'girl' is anything but.

Still, I fail to see exactly what any of that has to do with why she's done...this.


“Now, now, don't worry! I'm getting to that! Anyway...”
>> No. 166784
File 136635813656.jpg - (136.76KB , 613x869 , C'mon Pookie let's burn this motherfucke.jpg ) [iqdb]
166784
It should all be destroyed.

There is simply no other recourse for this infernal foliage. It limits their vision, hinders their movements, and makes even the simple task of traveling in a straight line all but impossible. Were it not for the fact that it at least serves to conceal them from their would-be pursuers, the child would almost certainly be better off wilting every last leaf away until they were but dust.

Perhaps then, they might ascertain for themselves whether were truly making any forward progress, rather than...


“Oh my~! Back so soon~?”

“W-wha?! Again?!”


...receive confirmation they were not from that detestable, sniggering...thing.


“How many times is it now, hmm~? Five? Seven?”

“Sh-shut up! We're not lost! We just, um, just got...”

Lost~?

“N-nuh...no! We're aren't, uh... NO!


Twelve. Twelve times that they had parted ways with the shrunken flower-beast, and twelve times they had found themselves back in its odious company. Each time, they were so certain that it would be the last they would have to endure it and the irksome noises it persisted in spewing from its ghastly meat-funnel.

It mocked them. Not content to make light of the child's damage and inability to repair it, the beast began to make sport of their attempts to navigate upon this infernal mountain.

'Perhaps you should go that way~?'

'Did I say that way~? I really meant this way. My mistake~!'

'Oh my, I was so sure that was the right way~! Perhaps that one will lead you out~?'

The child, in her innocence, did her best to follow the directions given to her, but it was for naught. By the fifth time, it became clear to them that the beast had as much desire to assist the child as the latter and her companion had in allowing the puppeteer of the forest to live to see another sunrise.

Realizing their efforts were being actively sabotaged, the duo adopted a strategy of disregarding the lies of the pink-clad miscreant, and move in the direction opposite to wherever the beast indicated.

Of course, the little trollop was undeterred. Indeed, it must have anticipated such an action. Whether it was successfully manipulating them into going in circles, or it was secretly moving ahead of the duo to create the illusion of returning to the same place made little difference.

They were no closer to achieving their objective, the beast was clearly succeeding in hers, and the child's companion was finding herself attaining a level of contempt and loathing for the recalcitrant little giglet that even the endless array of meat-sounds that sentient beings call 'language' cannot adequately express.


“You know, I think I saw the way out of here while you were gone! If you ask nicely, I might be willing to tell you~!”

“Liar! That's what you said the last time!”

“Oh, but this time it's true~!”


Just how much longer are they to endure this insolence? This indignity?! To hide from one adversary, be made a mockery of by another, and to allow even allow the local flora to stand in their way?


It should all be destroyed.




[ ] Stand down
[ ] Strike back
[ ] Press on
[ ] Rise up
>> No. 166787
[X] Press on.

Shutting up Yuuka isn't worth it if we end up gassing the mountain in the process. We're in enough trouble as it is with the tengu.
>> No. 166788
[x] Rise up

Oh yes updates!
>> No. 166789
[x] Rise up

Don't let the man get you down! Or the little girl! Or the grown woman in the body of a little girl! RISE UP!
>> No. 166791
[x] Strike back
Our wrath has been too long repressed.
>> No. 166792
[X] Rise up

And tell the tengu how it's going to be from now on.
>> No. 166800
[X] Rise up

Become the hero this land needs.
>> No. 166804
Bud-Yuuka, you have gone too far! Today we will fight until the end!

[x] Strike back
>> No. 166805
[X] Rise up
>> No. 166829
File 136644281389.jpg - (128.36KB , 853x480 , Wash away the anger - with poison.jpg ) [iqdb]
166829
This is intolerable. Inexcusable!

“Huh? Su-san?”

Why should they hide, when it is their enemies who should cower and flee from their might? Why should they be made wander aimlessly for the amusement of one who even that fool had bested? Why should they be hindered by that which they can make wither and wilt with the gentlest of breaths?

Even if it lay beyond their present capabilities to unleash the retribution this mountain and its filthy inhabitants truly warranted, that was no reason for them to throw away their pride! No longer were they the tools of others, made to move and act according to the will of humans or anyone else! They shall go where they wish, when they wish, and in the manner they wish!

No more would they crawl upon the ground like savage beasts! No more shall they hide! The shall rise up, and claim their rightful place above all others!”

“Yeah! Rise up! Good idea, Su-san!”

from the way the child was beginning to float upward, it was apparent that she had somewhat failed to grasp her companion's meaning. No matter, though, as even a literal interpretation had its benefits. While flight above the canopy would leave them exposed and easy to spot, the greater altitude would make navigation substantially less frustrating.


“Hold it. Where do you think you're going?”

“H-huh?! Hey! Let me go!”


The insolent flower-beast suddenly appears from whatever hole she had been using to conceal herself, and hooks the child's ankle with the handle of her umbrella, halting the child's ascent.

Given the umbrella's size in comparison to its shrunken owner, it is somewhat baffling where the creature hides it when not in use. However the beast does it, however, is inconsequential in light of the fact that it was presently using it against the child.


“Let me go, you stupid lady...girl!”

“You are aware of what might happen if you should go up there, yes?”

“Shut up! Su-san and me are getting out of here, and you're not gonna stop us anymore!”

“Well, that was getting boring, but you really think I'm the on you need to worry about? Hm~?”

“Huh? Well, um...none of your business!”

“Hm. I suppose it's not.”


The flower-beast withdraws her umbrella, and reclines upon the branch she was occupying. For a moment, the child appears ready to attack, regardless, but her companion assures her that it is just as well that they save their strength.

Besides, she shall receive what she deserves in due time.


“Give my regards to the tengu when you see them~!”


The foul beast utters one last thing as they take to the skies, unable to resist making one last snide remark.

As if they had anything to offer those flea-ridden mongrels but a slow and agonizing-

“Su-san! Look!”

The child points, and her companion follows her gaze.

ENEMIES!
Three shapes. Possibly four.
Distant, but approaching rapidly.

How deliciously fortuitous.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


[ ] Baggage Claim

[ ] Gag Order

[ ] Party Crasher

[ ] Wrath of God
>> No. 166831
[X] Wrath of God

I think I might know what Baggage Claim means, but I'd rather be surprised with something else.
>> No. 166833
[x] Wrath of God

>Besides, she shall receive what she deserves in due time.
Oh how I love her.
>> No. 166834
[x] Baggage Claim

Stupid tengu! That's Medi's and Su-san's crazy human!
>> No. 166837
[X] Wrath of God

By which I mean a fist descending from the heavens at mach 5.
>> No. 166852
[x] Baggage Claim
>> No. 167432
File 136740722084.jpg - (214.59KB , 700x819 , Procrastination HO.jpg ) [iqdb]
167432
'A more important task'. Riiiiight.

We are currently in the midst of a major security crisis while being paid a visit by the cause of our last major security crisis, who is no doubt proposing yet another ridiculous scheme that will inevitably result in another security crisis.

She's trying enough on a good day, but now? One squad's gone missing, the rest are scattered, and we have an unidentified intruder wandering around our territory. That's in addition to the inherent problems of our other trespassers.

If she caught wind of any of this, we'll never hear the end of it. Not until she gets whatever she wants.

She should be escorted back to her shrine. As soon as possible. It would be one less thing to worry about, if nothing else. I could do it myself, in fact.

Yet, I cannot. I have my orders, after all. This exceptionally vital task that somehow merits my personal attention, above all else.

Sake delivery. This is what I've been reduced to. Ensuring our 'guest' has a steady supply of alcohol to keep her pacified.

I can't say I entirely disagree with the strategy. Drinking and fighting are just about all their kind is good for. No doubt the hope is that we might her too occupied with doing one to even attempt the other. Of course, it's but a temporary solution. The more inebriated she becomes, the more inclined she'll be towards resuming hostilities, and when that happens...

Well, I'm certain the idea is to get her away from here before it gets to that point. Round up her little entourage, get them off our mountain, and that will be the end of it. Once they're out of our territory, they're Hakurei's problem.

Now, let's see...ah, yes. This should last a while. 'Should' being the operative word. Moderation and restraint have never been oni traits.

Pity the poor fools tasked with keeping her company...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


BWAHAHAA! C'mon! That can't be all ya got, is it?”

“Hold on, hold ON, I just have to...URRRP...ah, there it goes!”

Pft! That is, like, so gross!”

“THAT is CALLED 'making room for MORE' you RANK amateur!”

“More like clearing a room because your breath is, like, bad enough to make you not want to be there because of how bad it is!”

Hah! That's nothin'! You should see what mine does!”

“MY breath is as PURE as the news I PRINT! YOURS reeks like the RAG you-”

Oh! That is SOOOOO-”

“-WIPE yourSELF with!”

“-OOOOoooh...oh. Oh. Well! At least I, uh, do that!”

“Not as much as you do LOSING.”

“You mean not as much as you do losing!”

“Ooh! GREAT comeback! GREEEEEEEEAT comeback!”

“I dunno. Didn't seem that good t'me.”

“That is BECAUSE I was being SARCASTIC!”

“You're just, like, jealous that my camera is better than your camera!”

“LIES and SLANDER and that has NOTHING to do with anything!”

“Because it's so totally true you can't even deny it!”

“Pfft! Pfffffft!

“Is it better?”

“It totally is.”

PFFFFFT!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Hm. She's not here, either. Perhaps she's returned to her shrine already? That would be a rare stroke of good fortune for us today.

In any case, that's enough time wasted. The sooner I complete my objective, the sooner I can resume my actual duties.

Yes. Best to make haste.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“...and, uh, then I can fold it like, uh...like this? This. Like this. Yeah, totally like this. See? Folded.

Huh. And that lil' doohickey makes pictures for you?”

“Well, yeah, but it does soooooo much more than that!”

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

“And she is soooooooooo jealous because she's still using that lame film-eating box of hers.”

PFFFFFFFFFFT! Me? JEALOUS? Of that? That TOY? PFFT! PFFFFFFFFFFFT!!! I am NOT jealous!”

“She is so so jealous.”

“I am NOT jealous!”

Sooooooo totally jealous!”

“Am not! Am NOT! Your FACE is STUPID! Shut up!”



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Eugh. This stench. Just how much alcohol have they gone through already?!
I can practically see the fumes pouring out of the...

...wait.

Those voices.

That voice.

Out of all the tengu to bring into this. Why. Why.


Hmm. It seems there's quite the revelry going on here, doesn't it, little wolf?


Oh no. No. No no no no no. No. Just...no.


How strange that I heard nothing about it. Surely, that must be a mistake, not inviting your god to partake in the festivities, yes? A most grievous one, at that!


This is not happening. This is not happening. This is not happening.


”How fortunate that I should already be here, and have found you when I did! Since you seem to be on your way there, I'm certain you would not object if I were to accompany you, would you~?”



[ ] SCREAM INTERNALLY
[ ] SCREAM INTERNALLY
[ ] SCREAM INTERNALLY
[ ] SCREAM INTERNALLY
>> No. 167433
[x] SCREAM INTERNALLY

There are days in sucks to be Momiji so bad.
>> No. 167444
[X] SCREAM INTERNALLY

[Suffering intensifies]
>> No. 167454
[x] SCREAM INTERNALLY

Let it all... in.
>> No. 167456
[x] SCREAM INTERNALLY
>> No. 167457
[X] SCREAM INTERNALLY

Honestly, the tengu are having just as bad a time with this situation as us? Then again, none of this would have happened if they just let us past. It's their own fault.
>> No. 168155
[X] Grab a bottle and chug.

She's not going to want to be sober for what's going to happen.
>> No. 168595
File 136860854266.jpg - (101.57KB , 600x600 , Keep Calm and Something Something.jpg ) [iqdb]
168595
“Lady Yasaka. You're still here.”

Damn it.
Damn it.
Damn it.
Damn it.
Damn it all. How did I not notice her?!


“Yes, yes, wonderful, isn't it? To think, for a moment, I had feared you had found yourselves in some sort of trouble!”

“Trouble, Lady Yasaka?”

“Well, it was just a feeling, after all! It truly pleases me to see I was mistaken, for once!”


Yes, that would explain the creepy smile you're desperately trying to conceal, wouldn't it?

Damn it. Of all the times for her to-

...wait. It doesn't matter, does it? Nothing has changed. Intruders still roaming, squad still missing, oni still drinking. Even if Her Holiness were not here, it would only be a matter of time before she learned something of what has happened. Preferably, long after this situation had been contained, and all relevant facts had been 'properly established'.

If only. Still, it makes little difference, in the long-term. All her presence here means is the timing has changed, nothing more.
Don't panic. Don't lose focus. Just adapt.


“I assure you, Lady Yasaka, we have things under control.”

Is that so?


That smile. Eugh. Not even trying to hide it now, are you? You think you know something, don't you? Well, of course you would. The way we've been carrying on through all this, you'd have to be blind to not realize something was amiss.

She's no fool, but how much could she really know at this moment? We're in disarray, that much is clear. You can smell the fear from some of the higher-ups. Whatever could put us in such a state, it is obvious we regard it as a threat. Something we consider a threat. There isn't really much that would fall into that category, is there? It would have to be something big, wouldn't it?

You've surely figured out at least that much, I'm sure.


“Yes, everything is under control, Lady Yasaka. As much as can be expected under the circumstances, at least.”

“And what 'circumstances' might those be, if you don't mind me asking?”


Complete concealment and denial is no longer an option, if it ever was. My priority now should be damage control. Minimize losses, even if some sacrifices must be made.


“Circumstances that require me to haul this large cask of alcohol, Lady Yasaka. Now, if you will excuse me.”

“Oh yes, by all means. Don't let me hold you up.”

“Thank you, Lady Yasaka.”


This will be risky, but I see no other options. Leave her to uncover everything we would rather keep to ourselves on her own, or allow her a peek at just a fraction of it and hope she will assume that is all there is to see. Either way, she finds out. Better it be on our terms, than hers.

Besides, when threats aren't an option, nothing gets rid of the curious like allowing them to believe they've learned what they wanted.

So go ahead. Follow me. You'll have your answers, and we will-

Hm? What's that whistling? It sounds like...


“Is something wrong?”

“Not at all, Lady Yasaka. Merely listening to the sounds of the wind in the trees, is all.”

“Oh? Yes, well, it can be quite relaxing, can it not?”

“Mm. Quite so.”

“Of course, you know who you can thank for that, hmm?”

“I am grateful, Lady Yasaka.”

“You're welcome~!”


Grateful that divinity doesn't grant you our level of hearing, that is.

Now then, what is...ah, yes. Code. Good to know they have enough sense to not just come running up to me at the moment. Now, what could be...hm? Scouting report? Squad found? Excellent! Finally, some good ne-....wait, what? That must be a mistake. That doesn't even make sense.

Damn it. I knew we should have had practice drills more often. Fruit-Sled? What is that even supposed to mean?!
>> No. 168596
Hooray updates.
>> No. 168599
My love for the story is re-igniting.
I'm not sure if it is because I kind of know what is going on now, or because its absence made it shine all the brighter.
>> No. 168655
Looking forward for more
>> No. 168956
File 136938729017.jpg - (89.61KB , 1200x902 , she's seen some weird ones.jpg ) [iqdb]
168956
I'm hungry.
Am I hungry?
I think I'm hungry~.
That's what you think when you're hungry.
You think that you're hungry.

You think that you're hungry because you're hungry because you think that you're hungry so you do the thing that you do when you're hungry until you're not hungry anymore unless you're still hungry so you do it more unless you're not hungry and then you're just being a little piggy~!.

Oinky-oinky, little piggy~!
Cute little piggy-wiggy~!
So pink and little and cute like my sister and I want to eat you but not like my sister because that would be cannibalism and she probably wouldn't taste as good as bacon unless she did and then I would have to reconsider but only if I was really, really, really hungry like I'm not right now but I could be if I waited a really long time and I want to eat now and not later and she isn't even here anyway~.

I think I'm bored.
Bored and hungry~.
Bored and hungry and bored and that's not a very good combination especially when hungry and bored, which I think that I am so I am, and it's all your fault!
That's right, I mean you, Mr. Caterpillar!
I see you, Mr. Caterpillar~!
I see you with my eyes~!

Now I don't~!

Now I do~! Hello~!

Now I don't.

Now I do. Hello again~!

I don't~!

I do~!

Lights go off~!
Lights go on~!
Off~!
On~!
Off~!

Are you doing something, yet~?

I can't tell because my eyes are closed.

All of the eyes.

I can't see you if you can't see me~!

I can't see you but you're probably not doing something.

You're a pretty boring guy, aren't you Snowball~?

Why are you so boring when I went and gave you a name just now and you even look like a little winky?

A cute litt- SAUSAGE!
Sausage would be good, too~!
Sausage and pork chops and ham and bacon and why can't you be a sandwich, Snowball?
You would be less boring as a sandwich.
If I open my eyes, will you be a sandwich~?
I think I would like that.
Be a sandwich and I will like you again, Snowball.
I will like you and hold you and put you in my mouth.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd hello~!

Hello again, Snowball~!
You're still not a sandwich!
You're still a caterpillar~!
A boring, winky-looking caterpillar.
I would be disappointed in you but I don't think that I care, which I probably don't, but I'm still hungry so maybe I do.




[ ] Dine-in
[ ] Carry out
[ ] Delivery
[ ] Leftovers
>> No. 168959
[x] Carry out

Snowball~
>> No. 168965
[x] Delivery

Yeah, I got nothing here.
>> No. 168966
[x] Dine-in
This choice seems like the one that Yukari gave us, a hundred years ago...
>> No. 168969
[x] Dine-in
I have NO idea what this is going to do. Also, it looks like Koishi got lost. Then again, EVERYONE'S lost, so this is a strange sort of normal.
>> No. 168993
[X] Dine-in

I still have no idea what's going on.
>> No. 168994
File 136947034495.jpg - (723.22KB , 2000x1483 , not the taste - the consistency.jpg ) [iqdb]
168994
Hmm~!




Hmmmmmmmm~!






















Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm~!




























HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM~!



Nope~!
Snowball, you're no good~!
No good at all, Snowball~!
You make my mouth taste like sick and squishy and icky patooey and soft and gooey and you'll never make it if you go soft and limp so quickly so soon~!

I think I'm hungry.
Still hungry.
Still hungry and in a tree and now I'm all alone and lonely because Snowball left me and he'll never call or write because he wants to move on and see other people but also maybe because I think I maybe kinda sorta ate him and I think I might throw up now.






I'm hungry.

I'm hungry~!

I'm hungry and lonely and I don't think I want to be here no more so I won't and I'm hungry and I think I thought that I'm hungry already but I'm thinking it again because that is what I am.

Hungry~!

Huuuuuuuuuungry~!

Hungry hungry need food eat food eat eat eat food now now now now now now now now now now OOH~!

I think I know a plaaaaace~!

A place with things~!

Things for eating~! Or eating~! Or even eating, but with a lot more nudging and winking and saying things that say you know what you're saying even though what you're saying isn't what you're really saying but something else entirely~!




[ ] The long and hard thing in the moist place~!
[ ] The soft and fluffy thing in the stinky place~!
[ ] The sharp and stabby thing in the dark place~!
[ ] The firm yet squishy things in the musty place~!
[ ] The light and bouncy things in the untrimmed place~!
>> No. 168995
[x] The firm yet squishy things in the musty place~!

Sorry but squishy wins.
>> No. 168997
[X] The firm yet squishy things in the musty place~!

Might as well.
>> No. 168999
[x] The firm yet squishy things in the musty place~!

I choose this with utter confidence. I think.
>> No. 169001
[X] The sharp and stabby thing in the dark place~!
Stabby stabby.
>> No. 169015
File 136959401545.jpg - (784.31KB , 800x1100 , HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH.jpg ) [iqdb]
169015
I'm not sure if anyone knows where you're voting to send her, but I hope you enjoy it, regardless.


In any case, updating tonight. I would have done so last night, but I got distracted by things. Wonderful things.

Also, heart-failure. But that was also kinda wonderful.
>> No. 169019
By wonderful, you mean the picture?
Then yes, it must have been very wonderful. ^^;
And yeah, I'm pretty sure we have no idea where we're going.
>> No. 169028
>>169015
>Also, heart-failure
wot

You right mate?

You don't have my permission to die soldier.
>> No. 169036
File 136964463318.jpg - (454.06KB , 1000x1000 , oh god here it goes agHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH.jpg ) [iqdb]
169036
Welp. Ran out of time. I'll try to get a bit more done tomorrow night.

>>169028
No, no, not actual heart-failure. Sheesh. I'm talking death by moe, here. Lovely, mask-and-poofy-dress-wearing MOE.
>> No. 169037
>>169036
I'm picturing her looking at something really cute and holding up a mask of that one "hnnnng" face.
>> No. 169040
>>169036

I figured it was something like that. ^^;
Also Kokoro why you so cute~?
>> No. 169045
File 136969002386.jpg - (137.22KB , 509x509 , 1369596772580.jpg ) [iqdb]
169045
She's Satori's repressed emotions taking form.

In my headcanon anyway.
>> No. 169062
File 136973358931.jpg - (286.16KB , 850x1050 , going in fast and hard.jpg ) [iqdb]
169062
Oooh~! That's a place~!
Maybe that place~?
Oooh~! Or that one~?

So many places~!

Floaty~
Floaty~
Flappy~
Flappy~
Like a little birdie~!
Flap flap flap~!
Like a little FFFFFFFFISHY!
Fishy~! Fishy~!
Hello~ ! Hello~!
Hello little frilly fishy with the funny frilly frills I'm going tZZZZZZNTHRRNGKTT


...aaaaaahhh~

That was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice~!
All frizzy and tingle and ZAPAPAPOW and I can't taste my mouth~!



“Hm? Static discharge? Again? How strange.”


Ahhh, you're fun, tingly-frilly-fishy-lady~!
Squishy, too~!
Squishy fishy~!
So soft and squishy and why haven't you settled down and spawned a family you're not getting any younger but you are getting squishier which isn't so bad if it's in all the right places~!

Like he[B]RRRRRRRRRGRKHRRRRGRK[B]



“A-ah?! Wh-why does this keep happening?!”



Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa~!

That was fun but I have to run except not since I'm flying~!
Fly away~!

Fly fly fly~!

Fly fly fly~!

Off of the mountains and through the woods and the rocks and trees and trees and rocks and rocks and trees and trees and house and trees and rocks and rocks and trees and water and trees and rocks and house and trees and BLUE THAT LADY IS BLUE HELLO GOODBYE BLUE LADY unless that wasn't a lady but I think that it was but you can't know without checking and why didn't I check I think I should check I think I'm going to check but HOUSE and HOUSE and I think I'm at the place with the things with lots of things but is different from the other things except in all the ways they're not and awwwwwww lookit all the little littles all skipping and running and playing and maybe I think I will FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD keep going because I think my stomach noises are saying to do things to make it stop making stomach noises.

OOH! OOOOOOH~!

It's that place~

THAT place~!

That place with Old Lady Funnyhair with the great big fun bags and abs you can bounce coins off~!

She was funny~!
She said funny things~!
And she talked and talked and taaaaaaaaaaaaalked and I think she gave me candy and said I could have more if I joined her funny cult but then I asked if I could motorboat her instead and she got all confused~!

Does the rug match the drapes?
I wonder~! I wonder~!




[ ] FULL FRONTAL

[ ] REAR ENTRY
>> No. 169064
[x] FULL FRONTAL

Go for it. No regrets.
>> No. 169065
[x] REAR ENTRY

>>169036
Death by berserk moe you mean.
>> No. 169066
[x] REAR END

I feel an unjustified and baseless worry about her. Now that our MC is... wherever the fuck he is, no one will be around to give Koishi 'CPR' if she gets into trouble.
>> No. 169084
[x] FULL FRONTAL

NOW COME THE ASSAULT. GO FOR THE WIN.
...That's my impression of an Engrish game.
>> No. 169114
[X] REAR ENTRY

Despite knowing it is a trap Koishi decides to make a forcefull penetration.
>> No. 169136
File 136990643791.png - (587.99KB , 1000x1320 , HELLO FRIEND.png ) [iqdb]
169136

Front door~?
That's no good~!
No good at all~!
This is a sneaking mission~!
You have to be sneaky on those~!

Sneaky~!
Sneeeeeeeeeeaky~!
Tip-toeeeeee~!
Throooooooough the tuliiiiiiips~!
By the tooooooooombstones~!
That is where I'll beeeeeeeee~!
Until I'm nooooot~!
Because I'm soooooooomewhere else~!
Ooooooooover the raaaaaaaainboooooow~!
All the waaaaaaaay over theeeeeeeeere~!
Which isn't heeeeeeeeere~!
Where I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam~!
In the plaaaaaaaaaaace where I am goooooooooing which is not the place I am right noooooooow~!
Annnnd eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyes will alllllllllllllllwaaaaays loooooooooooOOOOOOOH~!

WHO IS THAT~?
WHO IS THAT~?
Hello~! Hello~!
Hello funny-dressed girl that smells like dead stuff~!
You smell like home~!
But with not so much sulfur~!
So not really like home at all~!
Except Orin's room~!
Silly little kitty, leaving her toys out like that~!

Hey~!
Heeeeeeey~!
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey~!
What'cha doing~?
What'cha doooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing~?
Eating the door?
You look like you're eating the door.
Do you like eating doors, funny-clothing dead-smelling lady~?
Because you're eating the door~!
Eating it up~!
Eat eat eat~!

Is it tasty~?
Hey~!
Hey~!
Is that door tasty~?
Is that why you're eating it~?
Because it's tasty~?
Because that would be silly~!
Doors aren't for eating~!

Unless they are.

EXPERIMENT~!








Nope~!
Not tasty~!
Not tasty at all~!

That's weird, don't you think~?
I think it's weird.
You're eating the door even though you can't eat it~!
Eating it all up~!
Alllllllllllllllllllll up~!


OOH~!
OOOOOOOH~!

I had a thought~!
I think I had a thought~!
I probably didn't have a thought~!
I had a thing~!
I think it was a thing~!
Ooh~! Ooh~
What was it~?
OOH~! Idea~!
I had an idea~!
The little bulby thing in my little skully thing went and click-click, bzz-bzz, pa-DING~!




[ ] The funny-dressed girl is hungry~! I'm hungry too~! Let's have a picnic~!

[ ] The funny-dressed girl wants inside~! I want inside too~! Let's open the door~! Let's open all the doors~!

[ ] The funny-dressed girl is cute~! Let's make her my pet~! I'll love her and pet her and grope her and name her Jumbles~!
>> No. 169137
[X] The funny-dressed girl wants inside~! I want inside too~! Let's open the door~! Let's open all the doors~!

Rikako's in for a surprise~. Also, for me it was between this one and calling her Jumbles. ^^;
>> No. 169138
>>169137
>^^;

Stop that.
>> No. 169139
[x] The funny-dressed girl wants inside~! I want inside too~! Let's open the door~! Let's open all the doors~!

Let's play with our new friend!
>> No. 169140
[x] The funny-dressed girl is cute~! Let's make her my pet~! I'll love her and pet her and grope her and name her Jumbles~!

I am horrible for voting for this.
>> No. 169141
[X] The funny-dressed girl is cute~! Let's make her my pet~! I'll love her and pet her and grope her and name her Jumbles~!

One more and she will have the same amount as her sister. Unless you count us as the other pet.
>> No. 169143
[X] The funny-dressed girl wants inside~! I want inside too~! Let's open the door~! Let's open all the doors~!
>> No. 169144
>>169138
You can't dictate what emoticons I can or can't use. By the way, did you even vote for anything or did you just post to pick on my emoticons?
>> No. 169147
>>169144
I strongly urge you to read >>/gensokyo/6052

Emoticons are generally frowned upon on this site, and people will jump on you for using them. If you respond to them jumping upon you with something to the effect of "you can't tell me what to do, you're not the boss of me," they are probably going to jump on you even harder. In fact, you are basically inviting them to do so.

If you want to argue over it, fine, but please don't do it in this thread. Just don't.
>> No. 169148
>>169147

I didn't know. Sorry. It won't happen again.
>> No. 169149
>>169148
It's kind of a culture thing. What you'd express in an emoticon, you can get across better with words, so there's been a thing of heavily discouraging their use.
>> No. 169152
[X] The funny-dressed girl wants inside~! I want inside too~! Let's open the door~! Let's open all the doors~!
>> No. 169206
File 137007869829.png - (727.94KB , 720x920 , they're going to be BEST FRIENDS.png ) [iqdb]
169206
“Alright, let me just see if I am understanding this correctly.. You're basically saying that the two of you had a duel.”

“Basically!”

“And you won this duel.”

“Yup!”

Mmmmph! Nnnnmph hrrrrrmgh!

“I don't think she entirely agrees with you.”

“Oh, she's just being a sore loser! Isn't that right? Who's a sore widdle loser!”

RRRRRRGMPH! HRRRMRMMPH!

“Yes you is! Yes you is!”

“Miss Kurodani...”

“Well, sorry, but it's just so nice to be able to bask in the glow of victory for a change!”


I don't think it's the 'basking' so much as the 'gloating' that's the issue, here. Still, even if she were being more humble about it, I suspect her captive would still be carrying on much like she is right now. From the way Kurodani described it, the other girl was the one who proposed the stipulations of their little 'match'.

No spell cards. No bombs. Basic shots and abilities only. First one to land a hit on the other would be the winner. There was something about going somewhere, as well, but I no idea what it's supposed to mean. Must be a youkai thing.

In any case, anyone taking part in a duel of any sort is unlikely to react well to their opponent saying 'I win,' mere seconds after the duel had begun. Least of all when the opponent had not appeared to have even done anything. Still, if Kurodani is capable of what I suspect she is, and she did what I suspect she did, I suppose it could technically be considered a victory for her.

'Technically' being the operative word.


“I'm hesitant to ask, but what are you planning to do with her?”

“Planning? Well, I didn't really think that far ahead. Maybe we should see what she thinks, hm?”

Mmmmprhm-EEEEEEAAAUUGH!


Ouch. Youkai or not, having that stuff ripped from your mouth like that cannot be a pleasant sensation.


“Oh, don't be such a baby. That skin will grow back in no time!”

Fuck you!

“Would you like me to do that again?”

Fuck you!

“Because I'm thinking I need to do that again.”

Fuck you!

“Okie-dokie! Let's do it again!”

Fffp!

“Hm? What was that? Are you finished?”

“...hate you.”


Still, is this really okay? If this girl is a resident of this temple, won't someone here have a problem with her being dragged off like this? At the very least, I would have thought Miss M-...wait, where did she go?


”Gah! No! Out! Shoo! Shoo! Stop it! Stop! Shoo!”


Oh. Down the hall, it sounds like.

Along with whoever or whatever she's yelling at.

Do I really want to know?


[ ] Nope! Not my problem! Let's get out of here.

[ ] I have a bad feeling about this, but let's go take a look.
>> No. 169208
[x] I have a bad feeling about this, but let's go take a look.
>> No. 169209
[X] I have a bad feeling about this, but let's go take a look.

Nice going there, Koishi. Or us. Technically us.
>> No. 169210
[x] I have a bad feeling about this, but let's go take a look.
You always have a bad feeling about things.
>> No. 169211
[x] I have a bad feeling about this, but let's go take a look.

Koishi just wants something to eat, stop pushing her away ;_;
>> No. 169213
[x] I have a bad feeling about this, but let's go take a look.

Our scientific curiosity will be the doom of us some day.
>> No. 169217
[X] Nope! Not my problem! Let's get out of here.

One of the basic skills of being a researcher is knowing when to get out of the way of impending mayhem.
>> No. 169371
I want Koishi, but I don't want Yoshika.

I'm torn.

[x] Nope! Not my problem! Let's get out of here.

In the end, my desire for lack of hijinks has forced my hand.

...Additionally, fuck you for ever reminding me about that goddamn short. I had purged it from my mind, but you brought it right back fuck you
>> No. 169395
>>169371

Uh... short?
>> No. 169500
File 137068367187.jpg - (296.08KB , 600x499 , all she wants to do is eat her brains.jpg ) [iqdb]
169500
Whatever is happening, I am not getting involved.

I'm not. Not at all.

I am not getting involved.

I am merely investigating to sate my curiosity.

Nothing more.

A simple exercise in scientific observation.

That's all it is.

I will investigate, verify what I see, and I will go back to Miss Kurodani and her new friend, and we will be on our way.

That's all.

That is all I am going to-


“No! Stop it! I'm warning you! Don't make me use this!”


Oh. It's that girl. The one that was eating the headstone.

I can't identify what she's chewing on now, but judging by the way Miss Minamitsu is attempting to threaten her, it's probably important. It's impressive that she can hold something of that size over her head, though I would question whether it's a genuine feat of strength or if she is merely using some form of levitation to give the illusion of such.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be deterring this girl in the least, either way.


“Alright! You're asking for it! Take thAAHHHH! MY ANCHOR! Stop it! Stop biting it!”


Not in the least.

What is she, anyway? I can see no obvious animal characteristics, yet chewing through stone and metal like that is definitely beyond anything a human jaw would be capable of. Unless...that that thing on her forehead? A talisman? Magical enhancement, perhaps?

...no. No, that's not it.


“Eugh! Let go of it! Let go, damn it!”


Her posture. Her movements. Even her complexion. She's almost like a walking corpse.
Or a magically-reanimated one.


“I said let go! Let- HEY! Stop that! No biting!”


Annnnnnnnd now it's trying to bite Miss Minamitsu.

The walking corpse is attempting to eat a ghost.

The corpse is trying to eat a ghost.



[ ] I guess I should try to help? Somehow?

[ ] Yeeeeeeah, no. We're done here.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


>>169371

I'm afraid I have no idea what you could be referring to, good sir! Still, if it counts for anything, I'm probably sorry.
>> No. 169501
[x] I guess I should try to help? Somehow?

Yep.
>> No. 169503
[X] I guess I should try to help? Somehow?

What could possibly go wrong?
>> No. 169505
[x] I guess I should try to help? Somehow?

Well, should probably try to do something.
>> No. 169515
[X] I guess I should try to help? Somehow?

The corpse moves. How? Can the jaws really consume the ethereal? We must help the world find these answers. Observe what happens while preparing for a biopsy, or would that be an autopsy?
>> No. 169604
[X] I guess I should try to help? Somehow?

>>169515
Either way, we're gonna opsy that thing, opsy it good!
>> No. 169940
File 13715863187.png - (121.62KB , 629x552 , you want me to do what now.png ) [iqdb]
169940
I suppose I can't just leave things like this.

Well, technically I can. Quite easily, in fact.

Rotate body three hundred, sixty degrees.
Begin walking.
Continue until you can no longer hear the screaming.


I really would prefer doing that.

I really, really would.

...and yet, somehow, I am not.

Why? Why am I trying to intervene in a conflict between what are, as far as I can ascertain, two deceased people? Granted, one is a reanimated corpse while the other is some variety of spiritual entity, but this seems hardly the time to delve into semantics.

They're both dead, and barring some form of exorcism being performed, I cannot imagine anything that either one could do to the other that would-


“Let go! Let go! Let g-[/i]gah![/i] Noooooo! That was my ladle arm, damn it!”

Wow. Right up to the elbow.

That's certainly...

Um...

Huh.

Right. Well. I'll just be on my wa-


“H-hey! Little help, here?”


Ah, damn it.

Alright, fine, let's do this.

Now, let's see, what do I have that could...hmm...


“Hey! Hello? Help?”

“Just hold on, Miss Minamitsu! I'm working on it!”


Test tubes...
Pen...
No, no, that's no good.
Which pocket did I put them in, again?

Aha! Here we are!

Hm. A bit small, and the teeth seem a little dull, but it should still suffice.

...assuming the homing function works this time, that is.


[ ] Head

[ ] Torso

[ ] Arms

[ ] Legs




------------------------------------------------------------------------



I tell you, man. Stuff. Stuff sure can be a thing, sometimes.
And things? Man, I don't have to tell you what things can do to you.

Stuff and things, man.
Stuff and things.

Also, gonna try to get back to writing and updating more than once a week. I think I would like it if I could make that happen.
>> No. 169941
>Rotate body three hundred, sixty degrees.
Begin *moon*walking.

Anyway, [x] Arms
>> No. 169943
[x] Arms

No arms with which to grab, now.
>> No. 169944
[x] Arms

I have no mouth and I must scream.
>> No. 169951
File 137159584484.jpg - (597.91KB , 1181x1740 , eks bawks2130607788.jpg ) [iqdb]
169951
>Rotate body three hundred, sixty degrees.
Begin walking.

Did you really just go there?

[x] Arms
>> No. 169960
[X] Legs

Trip 'em up!
>> No. 169967
[X] Torso

Always go for the torso when unsure about your shots.
>> No. 169983
[X] Torso

If aiming at someone (or something), always aim center mass. The whole headshot thing is as stupid as turning guns sideways.
>> No. 170030
>>169983
You don't want to look gangster?
>> No. 170121
File 137171655464.jpg - (55.86KB , 500x528 , I'm gonna go Isaac Clarke on yo ass.jpg ) [iqdb]
170121
Alright, I've got one shot at this. Where do I hit her?

How do I hit her?

A shot to the head? Against a live target, a well-placed shot could probably knock them unconscious, but I can't count on that happening in this case. For all I know, she might not even feel it.

Although...

That talisman? If that's connected to her reanimation, then removal of it might do the trick.

...assuming it can be removed, that is. If someone purposefully raised this girl from the dead, they may have some countermeasure in place to prevent it from being undone. Even if that were not the case, I doubt I could manage it with just this. The 'simplest' method would be to remove it manually, but that's too risky to attempt.

Getting close enough to grab something means placing yourself close enough for it to grab you, after all.

Unless, that is, it can't grab you.

Her arms, then? It's as good a place to strike as any, I suppose, but will it even work? Just like with a shot to the head, it's not going all that effective if she can't even feel it. That just leaves binding the arms, or removing them completely. Too bad I don't have any ready means of doing the former or the latter.

I suppose it would be possible to physically modify a gear to connect with another via a tether, but the guidance system would have to be completely reworked if they're to maintain any sort of actual flight path. Not just to ensure they can reliably hit a designated target, but specific parts of the target. It wouldn't do any good to try to bind someone by the legs only to have it wrap around their neck. Of course, there should probably be some means of releasing it once it has-


“Uh, hey, don't mean to rush you or anything, but HELP!”

“Ah, right! Sorry!”

“Yeah, great, fine, just get her off me already!


Right. I need to focus.

The arms. Aim for the arms.

I can't count on pain as a deterrent. Can't physically restrain her, either. That just leaves removal. The only problem with that, is that these aren't designed for dismemberment. Sure, they could cause a nasty flesh wound, if need be, but that's a far cry from cutting through flesh and bone in one go.

Still, it's better than nothing, I suppose.

Right! One shot to the arm coming up!

Ready...

Aim...

Annnnnd launch!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


EAT! GHOST! EAT! GHOST!
EAT GHOST! EAT GHOST!
EAT GHOST EAT GHOST EAT GHOST
EAT EAT EAT EAT
EA-
...huh?

Ghost? Hold ghost.
Hold ghost. Eat ghost.
Hold. Eat. Hold.

...not hold.
Not hold ghost.
Hold ghost.
Not hold ghost.

Why?
Why not hold?
No hold.
Why?
Why? Why?

Why not hold ghost?

Why not hold?

Why not

Arm.

Arm gone.

Arm gone.

Need arm to hold.

No arm no hold.

No arm no hold.

Why?

Why arm gone?


Why.


Come back.

Come back arm.

Please.

Please come back.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Woo! Nice shot!”


It...it worked?!

It worked!

Note to self: sanitize gear used thoroughly later. Or incinerate. Either one.

Still, it's impressive that it could cut through as well as it did. Granted, tissue decay may have played a part, but it was a success, regardless.

Of course, we're not finished, yet...


“Miss Minamitsu? Are you alright?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah, fine. Just fine. Aside from, you know, the arm. Speaking of which...Turnabouts sure are a bitch, aren't they?!”

“Uh, Miss Minamitsu?”

“Oh? What's this? Look who's got whose arm, now! Not so fun, is it?!”

“Miss Minamitsu, I don't think taunting is going to have any effect on her.”

“Maybe not, but it 's making me feel better. Yeah! See this? This is your arm! This is your arm waving at you! Your arm is waving to you! You see that?!


To be perfectly honest, I can't tell if she's seeing anything. That gear sheared one of her arms clean off, yet she barely even reacted. If there are any senses she's retained in this state, the ability to feel pain is clearly not among them.

...oh, wait. She seems to have noticed her arm is missing. Or, at least, that's what I can only assume her staring blankly at her fresh stump means. Can she even see what she seems to be looking at, though? If she can see it, does she have the consciousness necessary to understand what she is looking at?

Perhaps it's for the best if she can't, though.

No pain. No trauma. No desire to get revenge against the one that injured them. Even your average youkai wouldn't let that sort of thing go unanswered, and they can regenerate!

At least that isn't an issue with a human. Or, more accurately, a human corpse.

A magically-reanimated human corpse.

A magically-reanimated human corpse whose arm-stump is now glowing for some reason.

Why is it glowing?



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Please.

Please come back.

Please please.

Pretty please.



Oh. Hello.

Hello arm.

Welcome back.

Welcome back arm.

Hello.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Oh. That's why.

She can regenerate.

Of course she can.

Fantastic.


“Ah, Miss Minamitsu? I think you should...huh? Miss Minamitsu? Where did you go?”


What the hell? She was there just a moment ago! And now, she's just not.
It's not like she could just up and vanish like-

Oh, right. Ghost. She probably can do just that.

But now, of all times?
She could have at least said something before leaving me alone with the stone-eating corpse with regenerative powers.

Who is looking my way right now.

Does she see me?

She sees me, doesn't she?

Great. Juuuuust great.



[ ] Attempt communication, however futile it may be

[ ] Call for Kurodani, perhaps she can help.

[ ] New plan! RUN!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


[ ] Corpse Party

[ ] Flower, Sun, and Rain

[ ] Metal Wolf Chaos

[ ] Snake's Revenge

[ ] Wrath of Heaven
>> No. 170126
[X] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[X] Wrath of Heaven

She has a brain somewhere in there. It's just a little bit rotten.
>> No. 170134
[x] Call for Kurodani, perhaps she can help.
[x] Wrath of Heaven

Don't run from predators; it only encourages them to chase you.

And I wanna see more Tenshi.
>> No. 170137
[x] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[x] Snake's Revenge

I am not so sure about Tenshi but this sounds good.
>> No. 170138
>Come back.
>Come back arm.
>Please.
>Please come back.

;..;
>Oh, welcome back arm.
Nevermind.

[x] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[x] Corpse Party
>> No. 170139
[X] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[X] Metal Wolf Chaos

Just how the ghost lady ran off, so shall we run off. Metaphorically speaking.
As to the wolf, I couldn't very well not chose the most American game to come out of Japan.
>> No. 170159
[x] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[x] Corpse Party
>> No. 170161
[X] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[X] Metal Wolf Chaos

The only thing that will save the tengu in this dire hour is PATRIOTISM.
>> No. 170166
[x] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[x] Corpse Party
>> No. 170246
[x] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[x] Metal Wolf Chaos

I'd be forced to deport myself were I not to pick the most American game produced to date.
>> No. 170252
[x] Attempt communication, however futile it may be
[x] Metal Wolf Chaos
PATRIOTISM
>> No. 170265
File 137189324423.jpg - (571.37KB , 1024x768 , oh yeah this is gonna go places.jpg ) [iqdb]
170265
Alright, stay calm.

Just because a magically-reanimated corpse with the ability to consume seemingly any kind of material, is impervious to pain, and can apparently regenerate any damage it receives has turned its attention to you is no cause for alarm.

Well, okay, that's a damn lie. That is absolutely a cause for alarm, and any rational thinking being would be correct to follow their impulse to run screaming in the opposite direction. This is true for anything that one might perceive to be a threat to their safety. It is, after all, a natural instinct, and one that is typically prudent to obey if you wish to ensure your continued survival.

It is also an instinct you must be willing and able to ignore, at times, if you wish to ever learn anything.

What, precisely, I could possibly learn in this instance, I honestly don't know. Still, sometimes it doesn't hurt to throw Science at the wall to see what sticks.

So, what can I do, here?
Combat is clearly out of the question. Ranged attacks are pointless if she can't even feel them and can simply heal any damage that is done, and it's far too risky to attempt anything at close-range.

Communication, then?

I am somewhat dubious regarding her capacity for speech, but there have been times that the most uncertain experiments have yielded the most surprising results.

So, then...where to begin?



[ ] Please insert desired statements and/or topics of conversation here




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had one idea. But then I had another one.

And so there is this.

As for the other set of options from the last update, those will come into play in the next thread, in some way or another.

I will admit right now, as disappointing as I know it will be, that there will not be nearly enough AMERICA in it. Quantities of BURNING, FREEDOM, and/or JUSTICE, however, can be neither confirmed nor denied at this time.
>> No. 170279
[x] Hello. Lovely day, isn't it?
-[x] So, what brings you here?
-[x] Also, why are you eating everything that you see?
-[x] Where did you come from?
-[x] Is there anything that I can do to speed up your departure from this place?

Anything else?
>> No. 170285
[x] {point to our chest) Not food Do not eat
[x] (point to our chest) Asakura
[x] (point to her chest and wait for an answer)
>> No. 170295
[X]"How did the ghost lady taste?"
[X]"Can you even taste things?"

As long there are explosions, justice, and Freedom, America will be there.
>> No. 172292
>>170664
Next thread here.