[Return]
Archived thread

File 133642652150.png - (1.30MB , 849x1202 , sample_3cc9fc4451b865b855ed4ffddcd350fe7486d968.png ) [iqdb]
156270 No. 156270
-25mp, Ash: +54hp, 90/90, Tabbymp = 2530/8100

The mending spell, while of dubious worth when employed upon those that can actually feel pain, works very well indeed on a battered skeleton. It's almost fascinating to watch, as chipped and cracked bones seem to... to melt, a little, and flow back into proper alignment and form, without previous damage of...

Tabuki finds herself uncomfortably thoughtful about exactly how painful that would have to be, without a component for dulling the sensation. Enough to leave those of frailer constitution in... unfortunate straits, definitely.

Still, that's that. For the moment, the matter of interest is a conversation with Orin...

... The temple doors are open wide, upon arrival, displaying a great and most likely impressively meaningful bonfire in the center of an entry room, offertory chest placed deliberately and hintingly before it, in a position where it could not possibly be overlooked.

It's around the outside and towards the back that Tabuki is headed, however, where Orin's attempts to doze seem to be annoyingly limited by the drone of chanting coming from within the thin walls. She doesn't seem quite ready to just hop over and complain, though.

"... Yeah?" She asks, cracking open an eye as Tabuki approaches.

"That Aura spell." Tabuki says, cutting directly to the point as Orin doesn't seem to be in the mood, at the moment, for extended banter. "Is there a means of improving it?"

"Get more impressive." Is all the answer Orin has for her, and she stretches, hinting that she'd very much not mind attempting to go back to sleep right away.

"Is that... all you have to say about it? No special spells, or rituals to heighten the effects of-"

"Nothin' like that. Good stuff don't always come so easy, y'know?" Orin says, then yawns. "An' this... it ain't the sort of thing where you go an' beat up a likely thing an' make it submit, or build somethin' nice from spare parts. It's a 'lure'. Dead stuff might not have... y'know, much of a 'will' of their own, but don't mean it's not there at all. Put it like this... Y'ain't going out with a kingly writ, demandin' conscripts for the armies since you're entitled to it, yeah? You're pinning up a notice as there's vacancies you'd like filled, an' you're waiting for volunteers t' step up."

"... Then, in order to gain greater results from the effort..."

"Gotta be impressive enough as they'll be more interested." Orin repeats. "Like, if you gotta join up with a group of rough'n tumble sorts, is your first call gonna be the pile'a ornery bitches stumblin' in out of the swamp, caked with mud'n shit so's you can't even see their skin? Or you wanna sign on with the guy taking signatures on a sheet of real paper 'stead of carvings on tree bark, armor all shiny and with feathers on his helmet?"

"... I suppose..."

"Point's charisma. Even dead people'll want you to have some, sometimes. Even if you don't, doesn't hurt to set things so it'll be worth their while, and you might find things workin' a bit smoother."

"... I really don't follow all of this." Tabuki admits. "You can't... is there a manual, or written instructions, or a step by step guide on...?"

"Nah. You'll have to work it out on your own, kiddo." Orin says, lazily. "That it?"

"No, actually. I had also wanted to ask about a trip to the surface..."

Tabuki trails off, as Orin offers her a look of casual disbelief.

".... I know I've heard at least one of your girls nattering about how you found a way up through the tunnels. You want to go to deliver that letter? You already got a way."

"Yes, but... advancing territory by territory across all of the surface would be..."

"You don't need to do any of that." Orin interrupts. "All you need to do is go to the forest, right? No need t' make stops on the way at all, or involve any of your war-game things in it. Yeesh, you don't need to get me involved for a little thing like that."

"... In case of unexpected circumstances, it might be better to have an escort..."

"So bring one. Your girls all know how to fly just fine, right?" Orin says, yawning. "But seriously... I just went on a corpse-snatchin' surface visit the other day. Ain't exactly interested in heading up again right off the bat."

"... Your speed would be appreciated. Going at regular rates, it becomes reasonably likely that a visit to the surface may take greater than a day, hindering expansion and other efforts towards...."

... Orin doesn't say anything in response. But the look on her face is a fairly blatant reply, that she could not possibly care any less about the intricacies of fairy games at the moment, and even Tabuki finds it difficult to miss the sheer apathy toward the situation.

"... And you can't, like, leave guidelines on what to do if stuff happens?" Orin asks casually.

"No... I could leave orders to be filled in the event of my absence, that's true."

"Then y'don't trust they'll get done right."

"No, that's not it... I don't doubt that Meira or Emerald could relay my orders and have them carried out to the letter, if I had to, but..."

"Then it's that you're a control-freak. Gotta be the one callin' the shots every day~"

"...."

"Nyahaha, just teasin' kiddo. But still, don't feel like it."

"... I guess that's all there is to say on that matter." Tabuki says, after a moment. "But moving along... I don't suppose you would be willing to sell jewelry, or know where to find the underground book-salesman...?"

"Oh, I sell stuff like that all the time." Orin says. "Wouldn't believe th' sort of stuff people just try to bury with their corpses t'rot, when y'could be pawning it for sweets change. But, nah, stuff I keep? It's 'cause I like it enough t'keep."

She pointedly, and a little smugly, fingers a certain ring.

"And comes down to it, I guess I could find it sooner or later, but wouldn't know where t'look for a book shop. Not my thing." She continues. "The jewelry place, though? That, I know."

---

[ ] Action?

>> No. 156271
[x] That's enough bothering Rin, for today, she's tired. Be sure to thank her for her time.
[x] Somehow find a way to improve your VERY VERY poor Charisma score.

I don't want Rin to stop liking us, really. She's made a good ally (if that's what you'd call it) so far, let's not chance making her upset with us.

I also have a question.
If we read a book, and didn't understand how it could be helpful, because we didn't have sufficient skills or stats in a certain area, will we remember said book once we DO?
>> No. 156273
[X] Ask her for the price for directions to the jewelry store.
[X] Keep to the values of politeness through out.
[X] Once out of the hell's gather up a couple dozen small rocks, and practice shaping them with tiny units of magic 10 or less.

Pretty sure Orin is wiling to make a deal, or she would have not mentioned it
>> No. 156278
[X] Ask her for the price for directions to the jewelry store.
-[x] And to search for the book store too.
--[x] If it gets too expensive, though, then just directions for the jewelry shop is fine.
[x] Donate 5 silver to the shrine on your way to the jewelry store/stores..

If Touhou has taught me one thing about Mikos, is that they appreciate donations, regardless of reason to donate.
>> No. 156281
I don't think Orin is willing to go searching for the bookstore for tabby. Unless she could cast a zone of silence around the shrine or something to that effect.
>> No. 156284
>>156281

>And comes down to it, I guess I could find it sooner or later, but wouldn't know where t'look for a book shop.

Also she has admitted she would not be any better then sending out a group of fairies next turn.
>> No. 156285
>>156281
Whoops. Hmm, let's see if this edit works then.

[X] Ask her for the price for directions to the jewelry store.
-[X] If it's not too heavy a price, pay it.
[X] Ask her what she would want in exchange to train any future fire and/or ice flingers.
[X] Donate 5 silver to the shrine before going on your way to the jewelry store.
[X] Go to the Jewelry Store.
>> No. 156286
Remember how Orin sent Tabby off to talk to Sakura because she was too lazy to do it herself? "Hey you, go look for the bookstore" isn't going to go over well. Mentioning something along the lines of, say, donating any books you're done with to Satori's Library might catch her interest, as she'd eventually be able to take a look at the books herself without having to buy the things first.


As for rushing off to the jewelery store afterwards, it really feels like you guys are putting the cart before the horse again. By all means, pick up some directions, but seriously, take some time to work on Tabby's spells afterwards, even if it's just removing the mini from mini-flare or adding on another multi to multi-fireblast. The sooner the ghosts go down, the fewer chances they have to send something that ignores evasion Tabby's way. And if you don't manage to get the ghosts? You still have the improved spells. Whereas if you grab some rings and rush off and fail, you're stuck sitting on some otherwise useless jewelery until more ghosts show up.


[x]See what it'll run you to get directions to the jewelery store.

Given that this will require input...
>> No. 156288
>>156286
There are two named ghosts at the moment we can bind. We need at least one piece of jewelry to bind at least one of them. Yeah, letting Orin have access to any books we buy so she too can read them would be helpful and gain us a lot of influence, but that too is "Putting the cart before the horse", as we don't know where the bookstore is, and we may not have enough cash on hand to buy said books.

We know where two named ghosts are, our fairy troops do between an average of 200-400 damage per turn (even moreso with Tabby being on the field), and we can bind said ghosts into items. We just need items to bind them into, and jewlery works best. There is nothing here that is "Putting the cart before the horse", and you're kind of being foolish for stating that to begin with. Not insulting you here, just calling you foolishly silly for jumping to a conclusion without working out the chain of events and situation first.
>> No. 156292
Why would we let her read any books, we have bought without payment for it. She could have gone and found the bookstore, long before Tabby showed up. Those two tails mean she is over two centuries old. Admittedly we will charge a reasonable price but it should not be free.
>> No. 156295
Flinging spells at rocks to work out improvements and baiting Orin into hunting down the bookstore are two different things.

And cart before the horse was probably the wrong thing to say, I'm just getting flashbacks to the Spider Incident, where something you guys didn't account for came back to smack Tabby in the face. Seeing as she's going into these fights blind, I do not think increasing the firepower she can bring to bear is a bad thing. The last ghost fight gave 5 XP, so the fewer fairies Tabby has to sac to stay alive the better.


And regardless of how old Rin may or may not be, if she says she doesn't know where the bookstore is, I'm willing to take her word for it. Donating books to Satori's library and giving Rin more access to magic would boost both of their influences anyways, that's worth more than whatever paltry sum Tabby could wring from the cat.
>> No. 156296
>>156295

I think you are forgetting, that we learned binding form a book in the library, something she admitted to not knowing.

True she is an fully sapient being in her own right but she is still a cat. It is possible that her mind simply is not setup, to learn things from out of a book.
>> No. 156297
>>156296
Please stop abusing Mr. Comma, he never did anything to you.

I did a quick check. Looking back at the meeting before the first ghost binding, she said she that she at least knew of binding, but had never pulled it off. So she may know enough of it to do it herself, but hasn't had any successes due to being terrible with magic outside of her direct specialties.
>> No. 156307
>>156297
>>Please stop abusing Mr. Comma, he never did anything to you.

Mr. Comma killed my mother, abused my father, and raped my dog!
>> No. 156310
>>156307
And yet he still selflessly takes the time to properly break up your sentences! Truly, he is a deep and mysterious piece of punctuation.



On an aside, I retract my pointless whining from earlier. There is, after all, plenty of figurative daylight left to burn even with a trip to the jewelery store, so perhaps we can squeeze in some attempts to improve Tabby's firepower then? (I should note that I'm all for fighting the ghosts, I just want to make the battles as short as possible to maximize the number of fairies that get that nice XP bonus, and there's also the chance for more Leadership upgrades~)

Also, look into getting variable-size stuff to stick the ghosts into. Perhaps a ring sized to fit a human with a small break at the bottom, so someone fairy-sized can use it as a bracelet or an armband or something?
>> No. 156345
I guess I should call this. No promises on when an update will occur, this time.
>> No. 156375
File 133710230048.png - (153.63KB , 250x430 , Id conjure fire but it vexes my sinuses.png ) [iqdb]
156375
"And so, directions to the jewelry shop would cost...?" Tabuki says, masking the annoyed note in her voice as best as she can.

"Now, it won't be too much, kiddo." Rin says. "Not like if you wanted me to run around trying to figure out where that guy set up shop this time..."

"This time." Tabuki wonders aloud.

"Oh yeah. That guy, the book salesman. Kind of an oddball, y'know? Collects all those books, runs a shop, but you can see in his eye while you're pawin' em that there's nothin' he'd like more'n to snatch them up and run off. Makes it as hard as he can for people t' actually buy anything from him. Packs up shop and moves locations, what... two, three times a year? You'd think he wouldn't have started up a shop if he couldn't bring'm self t'sell anything." Orin says, then shrugs. "Well, says he's a magician too. Terrible one, mind, never seen him do a lick of magic, always has crazy excuses for why he ain't doin' any if you ask. If he is, and not just a youkai fakin' it with clothes that look right, he's gotta be the worst magician there is. 'Course, that'd explain some of it all. Bookstore's probably the closest thing to a private library that a magician like that could swing, t' live in."

"That..." Tabuki says, before running out of words. She finishes just by shaking her head.

"Well, not odd for magicians, as I understand. Like pullin' teeth to get them to give up a book, I hear. Probably get the teeth out sooner, even. Even just getting a look's tough." Orin muses.

"... I suppose so. Still, about the jeweler's?" Tabuki asks, starting around towards the front, Orin walking casually behind her.

"Oh, that. Hmm... still haven't gotten anywhere with binding, myself." Orin admits. "Maybe if's I get a finished thing I don't mind tearing all apart to work with, I can figure somethin' out comin' from the other direction."

"Then what you want..."

"Just any old thing that you've bound somethin' into." Orin says, stopping exactly on the threshhold of the temple and deliberately not following Tabuki in as she enters, dropping a few coins to clink into the bottom of the offertory chest.

"... I'd prefer it something as isn't fire, mind." Orin says, before shrugging. "But if it's all y'got, it'll do."

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 156379
[X] Agree.
-[X] Start out by giving her your "PM Spike Gauntlets of Minor Defense". (It's only 10 silvers, the binding in that item is lame, and we have extra PM items we can bind things into.)
-[X] Tell her that you're open and willing to trade her other bound items with other elements in them in the future.
>> No. 156380
I feel like we're making far too many deals with Orin, or doing them too fast. She might learn how to bind spirits this way, and then we won't have anything significant to give her for something we might need real help with.
>> No. 156381
>>156380
We're making this deal for, what? The location of jewelery we cannot afford?
>> No. 156382
[x] Politely decline

We don't what her taking all the worth while sprits, and tabby can just send fairies into the city to discover the location of both shops.
>> No. 156383
[x] >>156379
>> No. 156384
>>156382
To do that means to lose out on using them in combat, and the last time we sent fairies out to find something, they set a building on fire by accident. No offense, but that is fucking stupid.
>> No. 156385
>>156384
Don't forget that "Incident" also resulted in Sakura's prices for healing increasing as well.
>> No. 156386
>>156381
And what proof do you have for this statement?

>>156380
Once again, proof?
>> No. 156387
>>156384

Then we just add order that once the find the location, they are to return to the place immediately.
>> No. 156388
>>156387
That was the same order given last time. It still resulted in a house fire. So nope.flv.mpg.avi.gif.jpg.png
>> No. 156389
>>156386
>Once again, proof?
>I feel like we're making far too many deals with Orin, or doing them too fast. She might learn how to bind spirits this way, and then we won't have anything significant to give her for something we might need real help with.

Are you asking me to prove that I feel like we're making too many deals with Orin? What the fuck is wrong with you?

>>156387

If they even manage to remember such orders. Sending fairies on this kind of duty involves luck, since they're flicker creatures.
>> No. 156390
>>156389
I'm asking you to prove your fears with something other than "Gut feelings."

The fear that "We won't be able to afford anything in the Jewelry shop" is countered by Satori's description of gems and rocks being relatively cheap in the Underground, along with the fact that we earn 33 silvers each day at the minimum.

The fear that "We won't have anything else to trade Orin" is countered by simple logic, along with the fact that "Moderate" bindings are still going be something Orin won't be able to do for quite some time, even if she does figure out how to do minor bindings.

So yes, please "Prove" your fears to be something other than inane ramblings with little basis in logic/facts/reasoning.
>> No. 156391
>>156390

Lol, no. They're just that, fears. I didn't say Orin will learn how to bind spirits, I said she might learn how, and thus, losing our (currently) most appealing things, for her.

>along with the fact that "Moderate" bindings are still going be something Orin won't be able to do for quite some time, even if she does figure out how to do minor bindings.

Not really. Tabuki still has the same initial level of the binding perk, yet she's able to bind moderate spirits just fine. She can even bind named spirits, as long as she weakens them first, and that's something Orin can do much easier than Tabby.

The only reason we didn't bind moderate spirits before, is ebcause we had no access to them. Tabuki still needs to go after the spirit instead of calling them, and because of the war, we were stuck with weak spirits until we found an area with Moderate Fire. Orin, however, isn't restrained by silly fairy games, and can go wherever she wishes for, if she can't simply summon the spirits with her superior necromantic knowledge.
>> No. 156392
>>156391
Actually, I would argue quite the opposite. Tabby is the one who can bind Medium Elements and Named Spirits. Orin still cannot manage to bind Weak Elements, and Orin has lived decades/centuries longer than Tabuki.

Orin may know some more spells than Tabby, but Orin doesn't have anywhere near the same Magical Powers and Talents Tabby does.
>> No. 156394
A thought I had a while ago -and this is just something I've tossed around a bit, I'm just sticking it here for proper disembowelment- is to form a partnership with Orin. Tabby provides the binding, Orin provides additional firepower and stuff to bind the ghosts to. Both parties would share items until they've both learned whatever skills the ghosts can teach to their satisfaction, and then the items are divvied up fairly according to interest.

I'm not attached to this in the slightest, so feel free to tear it to bits~
>> No. 156395
>>156394
There is one voting member who is rabidly against doing anything with Orin. I believe the last time she seriously came up he kept calling her a Jew. Expect a lot of disagreement from him.

As for the rest, it depends on whether we can get the offer up. If it's the voters trying to rally the rest towards that goal, it's going to be harder than it should be, as they want to deal with the known scenarios before wandering off into the new ones.
>> No. 156400
[X] Agree.
-[X] Trade her your "PM Spike Gauntlets of Minor Defense".
-[X] Tell her that you're open and willing to trade her other bound items with other elements in them in the future.
>> No. 156413
[X] Agree.
-[X] Trade her your "PM Spike Gauntlets of Minor Defense".

The second sub-vote is unnecessary and useless. If she cares enough, she will go after Tabby, if not simply wait for our next visit.
>> No. 156425
[X] Agree.
-[X] Trade her your "PM Spike Gauntlets of Minor Defense".

Decided to get rid of the second part not because it was bad, but because it was just unneeded.
>> No. 156469
File 133736802158.jpg - (512.68KB , 900x750 , 1571d41dc67a4c469a6a587229df1782c5c46240.jpg ) [iqdb]
156469
"... There's a pair of gauntlets with a minor enough effect, from earthiness imbued." Tabby decides after a moment. "It won't trouble me much to exchange them for something like this. If that will be suitable?"

"It's fine. Bring it here, I'll draw you a map." Orin says, half agreeing.

"You could draw the map now, or give directions, and I could bring it to you later." Tabuki points out. "Or you could simply pick it up back at the palace."

"Eh, theory anyway. I'd rather do it this way and get back t'trying to take a nap, for now." Orin says.

"Once agreed upon... I can't really break a deal, you know, what with that thing..." Tabby points out. "It's not as if I can decide not to pay once I have what I want."

Orin's answer comes as just a casual, lazy shrug.

Whatever Tabuki might have said in response to that is interrupted by a cough from behind as Sakura rustles about in a small box, before withdrawing a small, elegantly folded slip of paper and dropping it before her.

"You'll have to forgive my tardiness, and I'm afraid I don't have the time for ceremony at the moment either. I'm really quite busy." She says, bowing slightly before retreating into the temple. "Nevertheless, your donation is appreciated."

... After a moment, Tabuki opened up the paper to glance at the writing inside.

"Eh. 'Slight Luck', huh? Could be worse, kiddo." Orin says, stretching as she starts back around towards her napping spot, behind the shrine.

... Oddly, Tabuki isn't really sure she actually feels any luckier than before.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 156471
[x] Can't Orin really draw the map now? The item is in use right now in a battle.
-[x] If not, then just wait for the fairies to return.
[x] Float back to the palace and practice some offensive magic. Mainly danmaku and/or the multiple flame strike spell.

Yay, update.
>> No. 156474
[x] Acknowledge the cats terms for directions
[x] Practice controlling blast to prevent or at least direct, the backlash away form yourself and allies.
>> No. 156478
While I would like to get more control over Blast, it starts running into the problems of potentially doing too much damage and dispersing the targeted spirit outright without giving Tabby a chance to snag it.

[x]Accept the cat's terms
[x]Find a nice spot where you won't disturb anyone and practice Flame Strike and it's variant, work out improvements, etc.
>> No. 156479
>>156478
The problem I see is tabby does not need to fight spirits except rarely. She will have to fight the other Faerie leaders, likely many times each, before the war is over.
>> No. 156480
[x] The deal is fine. She will have the gauntlets when possible.
[x] Float back to the palace and practice some offensive magic. Mainly danmaku and/or the multiple flame strike spell.

I still think we're paying high for something so simple.
>> No. 156482
>>156479
The Ghost bindings give stat/magic/trait bonuses. Tabby needs those sort of bonuses in order to fight the other fairy leaders. Stop being difficult.

[x] The deal is fine. Tabby will have a fairy bring the gauntlets to her.
[x] Float back to the palace and practice some offensive magic. Mainly danmaku and/or the multiple flame strike spell.
>> No. 156568
[x] The deal is fine. Tabby will have a fairy bring the gauntlets to her.
[x] Go do something that requires LUCK! Take a stroll, try to make new magic, etc.
[x] Float back to the palace and practice some offensive magic. Mainly danmaku and/or the multiple flame strike spell.

So, we can receive a luck bonus according to how much we donate to the shrine? Is it a real bonus, though? I wonder if it's like Tewi's bonus in PQ.
>> No. 156569
File 133763770842.jpg - (742.20KB , 826x1033 , close enough prolly.jpg ) [iqdb]
156569
"... In any case, then, I suppose directions will have to wait until I've brought payment."

"How it goes." Orin says, before she leaves the range in which either she or Tabuki could hear one another without shouting. Tabuki sighs and lifts off the ground, turning toward the palace again.

There's a courtyard, if she recalls right, and there's nothing really flammable there. It'll do.

She begins by holding a rock in place in the air. Then she releases it, and quickly calls up on the magic, muttering words. Five shots. Five blasts of fire, released all at once to strike the stone before it reaches the ground.

It shatters, a little surprisingly. But then, that is an appreciable amount of force to be directed at something all at once, and it isn't as though stones aren't known for breaking on impact with things, sometimes.

She tries again. But after a moments thought, in a subtly different fashion. Seven shots, this time, and it's something of a strain to keep them in line and only launch when she wishes, by the end, but she manages. And the rock takes one impact after another, bouncing from one tiny explosion of force and flame to another, not ascending much from every individual impact, but just enough to keep it falling below a certain level before being struck again.

It's actually somewhat exhausting. Much more so than simply focusing on targets and firing all at once. Doesn't seem to be much of a difference in the total force levied against the final end point either, except that staggered out in such a fashion, the rock remains whole at the end, dropping with a thunk the rest of the way to the floor.

Good enough. And she has an intrigued watcher, Beatrice, stroking her... bare chin, as though she had a beard, or didn't quite recall at the moment that she did not have one.

Danmaku, though, was the next order of the day, before she started really tweaking things. It worked out much the same, except that when focused into a single orb, it was still nowhere near enough force to break the stone, and when divided into nine portions there was not enough impact from a single one to do more than make the thing hesitate for the briefest moment in its falling. One, frustratingly enough, managed to actually miss the descending stone, and of course following that all the rest were just out of alignment enough that one only grazed it, and the rest missed by a large margin as it fell the rest of the way to the floor.

Needs some work. Needs a lot of work.

Over the next couple of hours, Tabuki switches on and off between practicing the spell and practicing with the Danmaku. She doesn't achieve particularly much in increasing the potency or number of the shots available to either, however... after a time, she fudges the Danmaku slightly. The orbs, when summoned, have a reddish tinge, and rather than exploding into simple concussive force and light, there's a tiny puff of flame.

It's not long before Tabuki nods, having worked out how to replicate the little accident deliberately. Perhaps, or perhaps not, worth the effort of time and the dozen castings of the spell, but in any case the drain on her reserves is still so insignificant as to be un-noticeable, even with the element of fire introduced to the short barrages.

---

-180mp, Tabby mp = 2375/8100. Can add element=Fire to danmaku bullets.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 156571
[x] Is Beatrice still around?
-[x] Ask her if the brawlers have returned intact. Tell her to call for Frances Furypine and then return.
--[x] Inform Frances she needs to deliver her enchanted weapon to Orin, still today, and bring a map from her.
[X] Talk to Beatrice:
-[x] The clothes you gave her, do them make any difference, or make her feel something different? You're curious to see if they can make her change/evolve into another type combatant.
-[X] Ask her to help with Danmaku trainning, if she can.
--[x] Serving as a moving target is fine, if she can't help with anyting meaningful. Of course, as long as it doesn't damage the clothes; she might have to remove them.

Ah, I missed this~
>> No. 156575
[X] If Beatrice is not around, find another fairy to go get Frances Furypine and Beatrice Pommel and then have both of them return to you
[X] If Beatrice is still around...
-[X] Ask her to go get Frances Furypine and then have both of them return to you.
-[X] Inform Frances she needs to deliver her enchanted weapon to Orin, still today, and bring a map from Orin to you.
-[X] Ask Beatrice about the clothes you gave her, what she thinks of them, do they make any difference for her abilies, or do they make her feel something different? You're curious to see if they can make her change/evolve into another type combatant, and how you too can help out with that.
-[X] Ask her to help you with Danmaku training, if she can.
--[X] Serving as a moving target is fine, if she can't help with anything meaningful. Of course, as long as it doesn't damage the clothes; she might have to remove them. Nude Fairy Combat FTW!
>> No. 156578
>>156571
>>156574
>>156577
Your votes assume that Beatrice is still around. At least add in the first portions of >>156575, in case she isn't.
>> No. 156579
>Clothes stay on this time, thank you

You guys are misintreping things. Danmaku, in the games, tends to destroy, or at least partially damage the loser's clothes. This is merely a precaution.
>> No. 156582
[x] Is Beatrice still around?
If yes:
-[x] Ask her if the brawlers have returned intact. Tell her to call for Frances Furypine and then return.
--[x] Inform Frances she needs to deliver her enchanted weapon to Orin, still today, and bring a map from her. Also let her know that you'll arrange for a replacement soon, and ask if she has any preferences on what kind of spirit to cram into it.
If no:
-[x]Flag down another fairy and have her fetch Beatrice and Frances(assuming she's not currently a smear on the ground). Give the above orders to Frances.
[X] Talk to Beatrice:
-Invite her to help with training. If she has any commentary, listen. If she has any questions of her own, answer them as best you can.
--Don't needlessly put her in a position where she would need to remove her clothes, or risk damaging them. If she wishes to participate there are ways to do so that don't involve getting shot at, especially when one party can obliterate the other with a sneeze.
[X] Keep practicing


Clothes stay on this time, thank you. Tabby needs to get some real training time in if she's going to be worth anything in the long run.

>>156579
A: You're dealing with fairies. If you don't want the robe to get mussed up a bit, then have her put a normal set of clothing on first.
B: You seem to think a fairy with all of 13~15 HP is going to be of any real value as a practice target. If you want to involve her, stick to discussions, or have her toss rocks around(with or without gravity assistance, assuming Tabby doesn't just do it herself remotely) if you need moving targets. If you insist on a living target, ask Emerald if she's up for a round.
>> No. 156588
[x] Is Beatrice still around?
If yes:
-[x] Ask her if the brawlers have returned intact. Tell her to call for Frances Furypine and then return.
--[x] Inform Frances she needs to deliver her enchanted weapon to Orin, still today, and bring a map from her. Also let her know that you'll arrange for a replacement soon, and ask if she has any preferences on what kind of spirit to cram into it.
If no:
-[x]Flag down another fairy and have her fetch Beatrice and Frances(assuming she's not currently a smear on the ground). Give the above orders to Frances.
[X] Talk to Beatrice:
-[X] Ask Beatrice about the clothes you gave her, what she thinks of them, do they make any difference for her abilies, or do they make her feel something different? You're curious to see if they can make her change/evolve into another type combatant, and how you too can help out with that.
-[X] Ask her to help you with Danmaku training, if she can.
--Don't needlessly put her in a position where she would need to remove her clothes, or risk damaging them. If she wishes to participate there are ways to do so that don't involve getting shot at, especially when one party can obliterate the other with a sneeze.
[X] Keep practicing
>> No. 156598
File 13377247885.jpg - (431.22KB , 573x800 , considering the request.jpg ) [iqdb]
156598
Beatrice is still just over that way, mulling over Tabuki's display, stroking a beard that doesn't exist. She stretches and makes her way over, as the fairy continues to remain lost in thought.

"... Feeling any different?" Tabuki asks.

"Hm? No, not at all." Beatrice replies. "Just thinking about something..."

"You don't have a beard. Or any facial hair whatsoever, in point of fact." Tabuki points out.

"Well, of course I..."

Beatrice pauses, then takes her hand away from her chin and give a vaguely bemused look as she wiggles her fingers.

"Now, that is interesting." she says, not seeming particularly concerned in the least.

"So, then..."

"Hm... Not sure, but your spells were really interesting to look at! More than normal, I mean. Not that they aren't interesting normally, or that they're boring, though..."

"I see? Ah.. in any case, someone needs to alert Frances. I need her to deliver her current gauntlets to Orin, and from there collect a map and bring it to me. I will, of course, arrange for suitable replacement weapons at the nearest reasonable time." Tabuki said. "Aside from that... is it possible that you could assist in my current endeavors?"

"Aaah... not sure about that." Beatrice admits. "I mean... depends. Accuracy with one shot is one thing, keeping a bunch of them in formation, targetting right, or making prettier designs in the groupings, though, um..."

"Just... general improvement, in any way possible." Tabuki says.

"Hmm... you want to have an actual Danmaku battle, then. That's the best way to train this sort of thing. It's not... super applicable to the war, of course, but still. Might use it outside of that..."

"Yes, I thought so as well." Tabuki admitted. Thus far, at least, everything the bullets could do, her spell could do better. Though it remained to be seen if that would be consistently true.

Beatrice strokes and absent beard once more, then snaps her fingers.

"I think I have an idea." She decides. "I'll be back once I've given those messages."

She's off before any argument can be made, and Tabuki is left staring after her for a moment before turning back to her stone, and returning to her training.

It's not too long, though, before there is a soft cough from behind. When she turns, Satori is sitting there, and Beatrice is floating in the air, looking insufferably pleased with herself.

"I understand that my assistance may be appreciated?" Satori said, dryly.

For just the moment, Tabuki realized that she seemed to be struck dumb by the sheer, unabashed gall of dragging out the master of the palace for a little thing like this.

"As Satori, despite that I appear as I am, my pure magical potential is rather lower than it could be, and I am not so skilled as I might be otherwise. I like to think I get by, however." She continues. "If you are indeed interested in a friendly practice duel, I would be more than pleased to oblige."

"Oh, and Frances wants Rock again, if you can!" Beatrice calls, cheerily.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 156601
[x] Apologize to Satori for bothering her, but you'd gladly accept her assistance.
[x] Satori is more experienced than you. Let her lead the exrcise.
[x] Don't forget to shoot back when dodging (unless Satori asks you to focus on just dodging).
[x] When oportunate (or when the trainning duel ends and/or Satori use a spellcard) ask her about spellcards and their making-of.

Did not expect that. Still, not a chance to waste.
>> No. 156604
[x] Apologize to Satori for bothering her, but you'd gladly accept her offer to duel.
[x] Beatrice can look forward to a week, of nothing but being thrown into the lava for daring to bother Satori
>> No. 156605
[x] Thank Beatrice - she did do what you asked, even if it was in a completely unexpected way.
[x] Apologize to Satori for bothering her, but you'd gladly accept her assistance if she's willing to offer it.
[x] Satori is more experienced than you. Let her lead the exercise.
-[x] Though given the choice, it'd probably be slightly more beneficial to work on dodging rather than attacking.
[x] Don't forget to shoot back when dodging (unless Satori asks you to focus on just dodging).
[x] When opportune, ask her about spellcards and their creation.

Beatrice has become fae Wizardnon? I'm okay with that.
>> No. 156606
[x] Thank Beatrice - she did do what you asked, even if it was in a completely unexpected way.
[x] Apologize to Satori for bothering her, but you'd gladly accept her assistance if she's willing to offer it.
[x] Satori is more experienced than you. Let her lead the exercise.
-[x] Though given the choice, it'd probably be slightly more beneficial to work on dodging rather than attacking.
[x] Don't forget to shoot back when dodging (unless Satori asks you to focus on just dodging).
[x] When opportune, ask her about spellcards and their creation.
>> No. 156615
[x] Apologize to Satori for bothering her, but you'd gladly accept her assistance if she's willing to offer it.
[x] Satori is more experienced than you. Let her lead the exercise.
[x] When opportune, ask her about spellcards and their creation.
[x] Beatrice can look forward to a week, of nothing but being thrown into the lava for daring to bother Satori

I don't think we need to remember Tabuki she's needs to shoot her own danmaku too. Neiher does she needs to focus on dodging; what she needs is actually the opposite.
>> No. 156617
[x] Thank Beatrice - she did do what you asked, even if it was in a completely unexpected way.
[x] Apologize to Satori for bothering her, but you'd gladly accept her assistance if she's willing to offer it.
[x] Satori is more experienced than you. Let her lead the exercise.
[x] Don't forget to shoot back when dodging (unless Satori asks you to focus on just dodging). And on the off chance that it needs to be said, stick to Danmaku.
[x] When opportune, ask her about spellcards and their creation.


Beatrice followed orders, albeit in an unorthodox fashion, and Satori doesn't seem to mind. Punishing her for such a thing is childish and stupid.
>> No. 156622
>>156615
I don't think we need to remember grammar we's needs to spell our own words too. Neiher does we needs to focus on rereading; what post needs is actually the opposite.
>> No. 156637
>>156615
>>156622
Both of you stop that.
>> No. 156737
File 133789967167.jpg - (555.60KB , 1000x1273 , 80e810d969041b5abbff4a4fe49c62ec966a8e71.jpg ) [iqdb]
156737
"... Thank you, Beatrice, I shall certainly keep that in mind." Tabuki says through a dry mouth before coughing and shaking her head. "Um. I would like to apologize for bothering you over this, but if you're willing, I would be more than interested in..."

Satori nods and floats forward.

"Before we begin properly, I should probably clarify the differences between Danmaku duels, Spell Duels, and the Spell Card system for duels." She says, thoughtfully. "To start, Danmaku, while generally non-lethal, is not... required, in and of itself, to be entirely incapable of causing harm. In most cases, it's simpler by far to make it so, of course. Particularly in relation to the third part of things, the Spell Card system."

Satori pauses for a moment, considering.

"... It becomes quite complex at some points, surprisingly, given the general simplicity of it." she says. "To begin, Danmaku is intended as a barrage of assaults. In its simplest form, this is achieved by launching numerous bullets of near-harmless magical energy, and for the most part this is all anyone ever bothers to learn. However, it is not out of the question to use other things, as well. Balls of flame, heavy stones, fistfuls of convenient knives. As long as there are sufficient numbers in the barrage, all technically qualify as a variation of Danmaku. Of course, the simple bullets are themselves referred to as Danmaku as well, though it isn't quite the proper word for it."

"I... see?"

"In any case, Danmaku duels may or may not be hazardous to one's health, depending much on how much effort is put into both attacking and dodging." Satori says. "The Spell Card system of Danmaku, however, requires that whatever harm occurs, it is not lethal. It is used as a game, a means of settling arguments, and many other things, and so a great deal of practice tends to be put into it, however that is one of the core points of the matter. Whatever happens, neither side is to deliberately kill the other. If certain proper precautions are taken, neither side may be capable of killing the other. Else, for example, throwing knives and rocks are still an acceptable variation of Danmaku, but great care has to be taken where they go. Only the most skillful, or those that can arrange for less potential harm to come from accidents, would use such weapons."

"I... sort of understood that nobody ever got really hurt?"

"A general oversimplification. If everything goes well, nobody is permanently hurt." Satori says. "You yourself have already felt a barrage, however. Is this not so? Would you honestly say that none of the bullets did you any harm whatsoever?"

"That's... no, I guess you're right." Tabuki admits.

"Indeed. Now, Spell duels, magical battles... this is a different matter entirely." Satori says. "These are simply... battles, which involve spells. There is no prohibition against killing your opponent. It is not, of course, required, however. In many cases, Spell Cards are simply Spells, adapted significantly enough to render them non-lethal. And, in many cases, prettier. Or in some cases, adapting barrages of bullets to represent the idea of the spell itself. Though, in many cases, the differences between a Spell and a Spell Card are actually minute enough to be near imperceptible."

Satori pauses, then shrugs again.

"The intricacies are, by and large, not particularly important." She admits, gathering a few bullets from nothingness to float about herself. "In any case, shall we begin? We'll start slow, as I guage your approximate level. You have two concerns. Dodge my bullets, and return fire. Begin."

... 'Slow', she called it. Tabuki didn't think that was quite apt, as the first few patterings of bullets against the ground and walls around her built up to a storm of sound and fury, picking up pace until she was hard pressed to dodge them all, then slackening off. There were a fair few, she had to admit, that she simply could not have managed to dodge at all... except that the bubble-like bullets had popped, hardly an arm's reach away from her, and not impacted at all.

Still, every such occasion brought a mildly disapproving frown to Satori's face.

"... Acceptable enough." She decides after a moment. "Pick up speed with your own assault, however."

Tabuki can't more than grunt, already firing as many bullets as she can as fast as she can. Satori dodges them effortlessly, naturally.

"... Is that the case?" Satori says, arching an eyebrow. "You will simply have to try harder then, will you not? In any case... let us begin with demonstrations of spells and spell cards. [Recollection]..."

Satori halts her own barrage, raising a single finger as bullets cluster near her. ... This looks horribly familiar, though not quite the same...

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 156738
It only took us 15 threads to actually learn what Danmaku is, but here it is!

[x] Isn't this like what Yuugi did? Keep in mind to not get too near to her, nor too far.
[x] Dodge while shooting. Can you force more bullets to appear, or maybe shoot faster?
-[x] Numbers over quality. The goal is to make a proper barrage.

I kinda want to try our luck and see if Tabby can convert her Blast or Mini-Flare spell into a spellcard on the go, but it can be risky. If she end up using the actual spells, it would probably deal real damage to Satori and her.

Maybe her gravity manipulation can be used safely? Though I don't think it has enough power to become a proper danmaku affecting tool.
>> No. 156769
[x] Isn't this like what Yuugi did? Keep in mind to not get too near to her, nor too far.
[x] Dodge while shooting. Can you force more bullets to appear, or maybe shoot faster?
-[x] Numbers over quality. The goal is to make a proper barrage.
[x] Mix some fire enchanted bullets too, even if the difference is only in appearance.
>> No. 156771
[x] Work on finding the sweet spot between full gravity and no gravity that works best for dodging.
[x] Isn't this like what Yuugi did? Keep in mind to not get too near to her, nor too far.
[x] Dodge while shooting. Can you force more bullets to appear, or maybe shoot faster?
-[x] Numbers over quality. The goal is to make a proper barrage.
[x] Mix some fire enchanted bullets too, even if the difference is only in appearance.
>> No. 156772
>Danmaku, however, requires that whatever harm occurs, it is not lethal.

Oh god, I hadn't realized that this rule was so deliciously ambiguous.
>> No. 156774
>>156772

Does that mean we can use the Blast spell , as long as it doesn't kill anyone?
>> No. 156799
I'd read it as signifying that you can't use anything that inflicts potentially permanent/lethal damage.

The rule is there for a reason, try to think about [i]why[/]i it's there before you start up with the Rules Lawyer thing and go chasing off after imagined loopholes. Also try to think of the consequences if you went around flaunting it. (There's also the possibility that Satori's giving you the short version, and that the actual rule takes up seventeen pages of single-spaced small print with another five pages of annotated footnotes, because Yukari was feeling oddly altruistic one day and decided to protect some people from themselves)

Of course, if you manage to find a way to adapt Blast as a non-lethal spellcard or a danmaku representation of such, I imagine that would be fine. That's likely a matter for the distant future, however.
>> No. 156805
[x] Work on finding the sweet spot between full gravity and no gravity that works best for dodging.
[x] Isn't this like what Yuugi did? Keep in mind to not get too near to her, nor too far.
[x] Dodge while shooting. Can you force more bullets to appear, or maybe shoot faster?
-[x] Numbers over quality. The goal is to make a proper barrage.
[x] Mix some fire enchanted bullets too, even if the difference is only in appearance.
-[x] Consider mixing your Flame Strike spell (and variation), if you can remove it's lethality. Summon the spell against the ground, if you need to materialize it to discover if you can or not. If you're not sure, then don't try it.

I guess we will need to ask Satori how she removes the lethality of her magic bullets.
>> No. 157214
File 13383225729.jpg - (470.45KB , 700x979 , bb0dfa20bbddc06a98be28085e49522f97cd29fe.jpg ) [iqdb]
157214
Yeah, this is pretty obviously that trick of Yuugi's, even after only a glance. Tabuki doesn't hesitate, rushing forward towards a comfortable middle ground, where she can sit tight for a moment before the bullets start...

... moving.

The second level of bullets have already made their appearance, but the first are already revolving around Satori and forcing Tabuki to move... quick manipulation of gravity gets her out of the way of a few, but the less-familiar speed increase hampers her mobility somewhat, and she nearly barrels through at least as many, which only pop out of the way barely in time.

There might be some utility to such tactics, but it'll take some practice to figure out how to adjust to the sudden shifts.

The second level has begun to revolve as well, passing without incident through the other bullets as the third layer, noticably less solid than Yuugi's, forms.

"I have ability sufficient to mentally analyze and duplicate, to some degree, any spell card I have faced, or given my nature, that one of my opponents has faced." Satori says conversationally. "However, it.. has limits. I have not, as yet, been able to recreate an absolutely identical card, through Recollection."

"I noticed." Tabuki grunts, alternating normal bullets with burning ones as she tries to strike a balance between shooting and keeping from being shot. As far as is possible, anyway.

The Card cuts off abruptly after a few more revolutions, bullets floating outwards as one solid, spiraling mass to leave Satori momentarily undefended. Tabuki makes good on this opportunity, however neither flame nor normal bullets seem to have any significant effect on her.

Needs better bullets. Or no, she decides. 'Better' options for direct force are already available. What she needs is more bullets. If she could just squeeze more out, then...

"I'll continue my demonstration." Satori decides, nodding to herself as though the near-constant stream of magical energy into her midsection was nothing to be particularly concerned about. It might not be. "There was an interesting one that that person saw, once. I can't really do it justice myself, however... That bridgekeeper might have an easier time with this sort of thing. Nevertheless. [Recollection]: 'Taboo'."

Satori hunches over, and with only a moment's notice... a second Satori steps out of that position, floating a bit away to the left. Then a third, in the same direction. Then a fourth, and final one, to the right...

Tabuki finds herself boxed in, with a Satori in every direction. A Satori of sorts, anyway. Three of the four are pretty clearly illusory, and terrible imitations at that, a sort of 'grainy' quality to their image, half transparent, and 'fuzzy' somehow to look at. Indistinct.

The bullets they're shooting, however, are very real. But it's still pretty obvious at just a glance, which one is the Real Satori.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 157218
[x]You're boxed in! Jump out of the window

[x] It is impossible to dodge from all sides at once: you need to get out of this situation
-[x] Decide which of the fake Satoris shoot less bullets and rush towards it.
--[x] Turn and face them as soon as you're out. Now that the bullets are coming from only one side, resume firing towards the real Satori.
>> No. 157222
Nitpick: Half of Flandre's cards are labeled Taboo, in addition to the actual card name. Shouldn't Satori have named it Taboo: Four of a Kind?

>>157218

A decent idea, but let me expound on that.

[x] It is impossible to dodge from all sides at once: you need to get out of this situation.
-[x] Fly out of the ring. If you can't due to inexperience, lighten gravity enough for you to jump out.
--[x] Turn and face them as soon as you're out. Now that the bullets are coming from only one side, resume firing towards the real Satori.


Also:

[x] Move City Quest into /at/.
>> No. 157226
[x] MFS the copies

>>157222 Don't bring other thread treads into this one.
>> No. 157249
[x] It is impossible to dodge from all sides at once: you need to get out of this situation.
-[x] Fly out of the ring. If you can't due to inexperience, lighten gravity enough for you to jump out.
--[x] Turn and face them as soon as you're out. Now that the bullets are coming from only one side, resume firing.
---[x] Try to shoot at all Satoris. You're trainning, learning; not dueling to win. Multi-target shooting is important too.
[x] If you can't escape being boxed, focus on dodging.
-[x] If so, don't stop shooting. It doesn't matter at who or what, you can even shoot at the rocks, but just keep shooting as many bullets as possible, as long as you can keep dodging.

A few modifications. A precaution in case there is a magical boundary surrounding them due to the Soellcards' magic, or if they move with Tabuki, and an attempt at faster shooting or multi-targetting. I know Tabuki is in the role of the 'player/challenger' and should focus the real boss to win, but I think trying to improve her rate of fire and control is a better objective right now.
>> No. 157254
[x] It is impossible to dodge from all sides at once: you need to get out of this situation.
-[x] Fly out of the ring. If you can't due to inexperience, lighten gravity enough for you to jump out.
--[x] Turn and face them as soon as you're out. Now that the bullets are coming from only one side, resume firing.
---[x] Try to shoot at all Satoris. You're trainning, learning; not dueling to win. Multi-target shooting is important too.
[x] If you can't escape being boxed, focus on dodging.
-[x] If so, don't stop shooting. It doesn't matter at who or what, you can even shoot at the rocks, but just keep shooting as many bullets as possible, as long as you can keep dodging.

I can get behind this.

>>157222
Keep things unrelated to DQ out of the DQ threads.
>> No. 157268
>>157222

Stop that. This is DQ.

[x] It is impossible to dodge from all sides at once: you need to get out of this situation.
-[x] Fly out of the ring. If you can't due to inexperience, lighten gravity enough for you to jump out.
--[x] Turn and face them as soon as you're out. Now that the bullets are coming from only one side, resume firing.
---[x] Try to shoot at all Satoris. You're trainning, learning; not dueling to win. Multi-target shooting is important too.
[x] If you can't escape being boxed, focus on dodging.
-[x] If so, don't stop shooting. It doesn't matter at who or what, you can even shoot at the rocks, but just keep shooting as many bullets as possible, as long as you can keep dodging.
>> No. 157313
Is it legal to perform a counter vote on those 'shoot at anything' thingies? I mean, we're playing to win: that's the only way to learn.
If you want to learn how to fire, shoot rocks sometime else.
>> No. 157317
>>157313

Yes, it is, so vote as you please.
>> No. 157438
Counter vote to both
[-] Try to shoot at all Satoris. You're trainning, learning; not dueling to win. Multi-target shooting is important too.
[-] If so, don't stop shooting. It doesn't matter at who or what, you can even shoot at the rocks, but just keep shooting as many bullets as possible, as long as you can keep dodging.

The logic behind it is simply ridiculous.
>> No. 157464
File 133849353441.jpg - (44.95KB , 850x596 , Sparkin'.jpg ) [iqdb]
157464
Automatic instinct determines that this is a Bad Place to Be, and Tabuki's immediate response is to attempt to fly out of the box she's caught in.

It isn't until a moment later that she realizes it's a foolish idea, as her flight speed is still incredibly slow, and she simply can't move fast enough, that way, to out maneuver the ghostly false-Satori, much less the real thing.

Shifting gravity is enough, however, to give her a burst of enough speed on the ground to slip beyond one of the apparitions, and shift around to resume firing. They look like they're half-thinking, or Satori is thinking for them, about trying to box her in again but after a moment they line up and resume firing their own barrages.

It's both easier, and harder, to keep out of the way of the bullets with them only coming from one direction. At the very least, there aren't any coming in from behind, now. And even so, not all of the bullets are so easily avoided, and a number are dispersed before they would have impacted.

But it isn't too long, even though she would probably have long since fallen if those bullets were allowed to impact, before a shadowy not-Satori falls, followed by another. They didn't seem to be particularly durable, as copies went. Before the last one falls, Satori dismisses it herself.

"That was two displays of more intricate spellcards. But I believe, now, that lessons should come to a close." She says, prompting immediate wariness from Tabuki. "And so, I will demonstrate this time a more simple, though not less effective, spell pattern. [Recollection]: 'Spark'."

Tabuki only has a moment to see the massive bullet, no, laser, building and realize that there's nowhere she can dodge to fast enough to get out of-

...

She isn't sure exactly how long she's been lying on the ground, here, though it can't have been too long, but Tabuki takes a few moments to blink away the stars and blackness before slowly sitting up. A dull groan escapes her throat.

"Unfortunately, despite relative simplicity, that card is not so easily dismissed before any harm can be done." Satori says from nearby, a note of clear weariness in her voice. "I believe that will be all for now. But please, don't hesitate to speak to me again if you wish another practice duel. It's good to exercise, now and again, rather than sit in the library all day."

---

Tabuki hp = 10/100

Danmaku improvement: Can now shoot a single bullet for (2*Mag) damage, two for (1*Mag) damage each, (1*Mag) bullets for 2 damage each, or (2*Mag) bullets for 1 damage each. Accuracy remains minimal.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 157478
[x] Thank Satori again.
[x] Can you move? Ask Satori's help to return to the palace if you need it, or she offers it.
[x] Pay for another book
-[x] Demon and Darkness.

Temporary vote, until I remember what the exact book list is and replace this with a better book.
>> No. 157489
Gonna hold off on voting for the moment, but for those who're too lazy to look up the full book list:

The Earth and the Summer (iffy, but I'm still curious)
The Secret and the Scourge
The Mydge Mistress (sounds like a trashy/steamy romance novel)
Principles of Semiconductor Devices (may or may not be immediately useful)
Dick and Jane (Fairly confidant this is useless to anyone who can already read)
Return of the King
Basic Atomic Theorems and Principles (pretty sure that Okuu/Nitori chat covered this)
Ebony Demon of Sylan (Likely fiction[see also: Demons and Darkness])
Faery of the Sea City (Miiight have useful tips for dealing with Fae. Maybe.)
Rune of Doom
Iron Apprentice of Celionof (Gonna guess fiction, but might have tips for dealing with golems should Tabby ever learn how to make them)
Neurology: an introduction (Might be a pre-req for something else, might open up something by itself)
Nano-medication (ditto)
Science: for idiots (Pretty sure Tabby's well beyond needing this)
Demons and Darkness (Likely fiction. On the off chance it does happen to contain summoning instructions, I'd have to STRONGLY recommend against using them, as Tabby's Per/Cha scores more-or-less guarantee a catastrophic failure)
>> No. 157491
[x] Neurology: an introduction

Knowing how bodies work is useful for magic.
>> No. 157506
[x] Thank Satori again.
[x] Can you move? Ask Satori's help to return to the palace if you need it, or she offers it.
[x] Ask her how she removes the lethality of her magic.
-[x] Is there any other pre-requisite to make your own spell card, other than making your stronger spells not lethal?
[x] Pay for another book
-[x] Return of the King

Return of the King, because it might help with the Leadership thing.
>> No. 157516
Did we have a chance to dodge that, either through stats or skills? If not, I can see the reasoning, but that's poor game design to have unavoidable damage as a reward for two successes, you know?

[x] Thank Satori again.
[x] Can you move? Ask Satori's help to return to the palace if you need it, or she offers it.
[x] Pay for another book
-[x] Nanomedication.

For probable healing spell.
>> No. 157517
>>157506
Satori was using danmaku, which is non-lethal by default, and is not counted as an actual spell for the purposes I assume you're thinking of. What she was doing was to dispel her shots before they actually hit, so that the exercise could go on for longer.

As for spellcards; while you could ask for tips, I imagine Tabby needs to hit a certain level of danmaku skill before she'd have a shot at making any.
>> No. 157610
-[x] Thank Satori again.
[x] Can you move? have a fairy help you move if needed
[x] Pay for another book
-[x] Nanomedication.
>> No. 158019
[x] Thank Satori again.
[x] Can you move?Get somebody's help if you need it.
[x] Pay for another book:
-[x] Nanomedication.
>> No. 158257
File 133908823449.jpg - (18.00KB , 400x400 , billions in your bloodstream.jpg ) [iqdb]
158257
"Even so... thank you again, for taking time out of your, um... busy schedule?" Tabuki says, gratitude getting tangled up a bit as she realizes slightly belatedly that of the words that could be applied to what she's seen of Satori's schedule thus far, 'busy' isn't really one of them.

It might have come off kind of sarcastic. Satori is leveling a curiously blank stare her way, and for possibly the first time, Tabuki is very grateful that she can read her mind like a book, so she knows what she means, even if the words get...

"Quite." is the dry, drawled reply, to the things she both had and had not said. "Another book is on your mind?"

"Yes, actually..."

She doesn't really feel up to walking unassisted just now.

But flying, effectively using something else to pick herself up and carry herself around, effectively cuts out the middleman, there, and it's not that far to the library even if her maximum speed is significantly reduced.

In any case, there's a handful of books she'd like to take a closer look at, but this... Nanomedication one led the pack, as it were. Whatever kind of medicine it was, healing things was involved, and that was the sort of matter that she was rapidly becoming very interested in, given the significant time she seemed to be spending healing from things.

The first step, it appears, is to build very small machines.

Then, so far as she can infer from the text, the machines are used to build smaller machines still. And so, in turn, this continues on until the end result is machines too small to be seen, which are directly injected into a patients blood, or are applied directly to open wounds in a process which... welds, it seems, the damaged flesh back together rapidly and without stitches, which is of course a great boon to surgery, it seems.

Or they can be used to deliver minute traces of chemical compounds, medical chemical compounds, to exactly where they will do the most good without requiring saturation through normal means, or dying cancerous tumors and clumps of cells to more easily appear on images generated by medical equipment, and...

It's kind of fascinating.

But Tabuki finds herself rapidly drawing the conclusion that, in this specific instance, she might have skipped a few steps ahead of where she is supposed to begin, for full comprehension. It isn't that she doesn't think something might be made of this knowledge, the concepts in this book, but...

Disease is made up of tiny virii and bacterium, she had gathered that much basic knowledge, so possibly applying some manner of magic, fire to burn them out, or some necromantic curse, on a small enough scale, and targetted specificially enough would...

Hrm.

She can't quite shake the uncomfortable mental image of accidentally setting every blood vessel in her own body on fire all at once, though.

There would definitely be some kinks to work out in such efforts. Definitely not something to just rush into trying to pull off directly from the initial concept. Especially on herself.

For now, it was late in the evening. A quick check confirmed that a map had been delivered, though, lines and an 'x' burned carefully into cloth, a note joining it relating the approximate location of this tangle of streets and how to find the jewelry store. She might go there, or see about replacement weaponry, but time was dragging on and she was beginning to realize that she was very tired.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 158259
[x] Rest.

Timeskip?
>> No. 158266
[x]Send out an order for another pair of Spiked PM Gauntlets and get some rest.

Tabby can slap Earth into those once she gets up tomorrow, hopefully something other than a generic HP bonus will manifest. I kind of want to up those to Copper to try to squeeze a larger bonus from the spirit, but Tabby's better off saving cash at the moment.
>> No. 158272
>>158266
We have three pot metal swords and only one of them are being used.

[X] Give the two unused PM swords to Denny Leafcutter and Finni Geewhiz.
[X] Give Denny's PM Spiked Gloves to Frances Furypine.

[X] Rest.
>> No. 158359
[X] Give the two unused PM swords to Denny Leafcutter and Finni Geewhiz.
[X] Give Denny's PM Spiked Gloves to Frances Furypine.
[X] Rest.
>> No. 158527
[X] Give the two unused PM swords to Denny Leafcutter and Finni Geewhiz.
[x] Send out an order for another pair of Spiked PM Gauntlets
[x] Rest.
>> No. 158560
[x]Rest

Sleep is good
>> No. 158752
File 13400540713.jpg - (81.11KB , 457x579 , I seem to have spilled chocolate on my everything.jpg ) [iqdb]
158752
Very tired indeed.

Yes, there were just a few final arrangements to be made. Adjustments of equipment and the like.

But then, it was time to sleep, collapsing into bed in exhaustion. It wasn't much after that that Emerald turned in herself, using Tabuki as something like a very large stuffed animal, as she dropped much more quickly into her own slumber. Tabuki found that she didn't much mind this treatment, though.

It's a little hard to untangle herself in the morning, of course. But after a few minutes...

The door bursts open and the Lamia surges in, vaulting over the bed to conceal herself as best she can behind and beneath it.

"Hide me!" she hisses insistently, then draws the blanket away from them as cover as the door swings open again.

There's a fairy standing there, with a not-entirely sane gleam in her eyes as she slowly inspects the room.

She is dripping gravy onto the floor. Not because of any dish she's brought with herself, but because she is, in fact, liberally doused with gravy. Tabuki feels a slow headache begin to build as the gleam fades into uncertainty and casual intrigue at the displayed sleeping arrangements.

---

Scouting Reports

Labs-5
Kappa Scientist (Biotoxin R&D) x4, Toxin Dispensor Turret x6, Toxin Dispensor Turret (IAI) x4, SR Robo Spider x2, Mini Robo Spider x10, MMx3, DMx3


---

[Chris, Finni, Widget, Pebbles] continue Brawler training: (1/3 days)
[Narutaru, Morte, Telma, Ruby] continue Miko training: (3/7 days)

Cold Iron Rod under construction (2/7 days)

Current Silvers: 80


Injury Breakdown:

Tabuki: 25/100hp, 3575/8100mp
Meira: 120/120hp
Ash: 76/90hp
Barrier: 101/115hp
Lamia: 45/45hp

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.

-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
-- [ ]Oni Rematch Date?
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Pick a fight.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Sakura
-- [ ] Healing: Current price = 2s per 1hp healed.
-- [ ] Utsuho [Influence/Perception]
-- [ ] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
---> Class: Miko- 12hp, 1d3+1 damage. [Sakura Training], Auto-[Assault], No Diety -> Diety: Yatagarasu.

-- [ ] Write-in.
-[ ] Yuka
-- [ ] Write-in.
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Fairie Bazaar trip. [Emerald + up to one other escort]
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship [Influence, Rank]
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus.
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels II area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Visit the Jeweler's.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through Your tunnels 'V'
-[ ] Through Your tunnels, 'VI' Do not seem to lead to surface?
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.

[ ] And a more immediate action regarding the current situation would also be appropriate.
>> No. 158754
I'll let other people do the complex stuff.

[x] Obtain information about the situation.
-[x] Reprimand appropriate parties.
-[x] Prevent rash actions.
-[x] If the gravy was not applied by choice, you might be able to clean it up by making it either weightless or very heavy.
>> No. 158761
[x] Obtain information about the situation.
-[x] Reprimand appropriate parties.
-[x] Prevent rash actions.
-[x] If the gravy was not applied by choice, you might be able to clean it up by making it either weightless or very heavy.
[x] Visit the Jeweler.

Gonna think of a battle plan later. Sicne Kahi doesn't have the chance of updating as much as before, and the fact that rolling battles usually take almost ane ntire day, there should be no rush.
>> No. 158793
[x] Obtain information about the situation.
[x] Visit the Jeweler.

I will be seconding whatever decent plan is made. About the situation at hand, though, I think we should take a better look at it, before giving such generic responses.
>> No. 158797
[x] Send everyone to Eerie Passages 1. Roll strategy.
-[x] Focus on the Squids first, then oozes and spiders.
--[x] BARRIER protects Marshmallow.
--[x] Marshmallow should focus on healing, specially Meira, Lamia, Emerald and herself.
---[x] If any of the Lost Spirits, or Ash, gets to half HP, they are to retreat immediatly.

Eh, sorry guys. I'm feeling too lazy today.
>> No. 158808
Disagree about those battle plans. Better I think to split the fairies into two forces to attack the area, of the lab 4, and Eerie Passages 1. Even if we don't take the lab, so long as the Kappa are taken down the automated defenses will be deactivated next turn.
>> No. 158812
>>158808
There's nothing stopping the Kappa from turning the turrets back on again after the fight.
>> No. 158814
>>158812
Nitori shutdown and reprograms them to not target Tabby's fairies. But she first need us to remove form the battle field the kappa, and without a leader on the other side Tabby forces always get the first strike.
>> No. 158839
>>158814
You seem to be missing the point I'm trying to make. I know that Nitori shuts the turrets off once the engineers are down, but if you don't actually take the area they'll just turn the things back on and undo any changes Nitori might make to their exclusion lists once they're back on their feet.
>> No. 158843
>>158839
We seem to have different opinions about what happens in the lab areas. I think that Nitori reprograms them, then reactivates them. If the Kappa wanted to reprogram them they would have to hack the coding language Nitori uses, and then fight her of to reprogram them again.

Lets just ask Kahi whether the automated defenses are still in the lab area just not mentioned.
>> No. 158845
Reprogramming the turrets is slightly more involved than [Enter password: Authorized, User = Overseer : systems online. Manual override acknowledged. Entering standby mode in 3. 2. 1.]

You take the area, fairies are pacified and stop causing trouble, turrets get properly adjusted. You don't take the area, fairies still causing havoc, that means Nitori can't argue really hard when they flip the switch and boot everything right back up, restock ammo, etc.
>> No. 158850
For those wondering, with the Zombies we can win in Labs 5, but without either more meatshields or a shitload more Medium Fire Bindings, only the zombie fairies would get any damn experience due to all the other fairies dying of poison damage in the ten turns it would take for Nitori to shut off the turrets. The rest of the shit in Labs 5 would be cleared out by the third turn, at the latest, but the poison would lay waste to all the non-zombie fairies by the time all the turrets could be shut down. Anyways, here is a restructured vote (seriously, the Spiders are a far bigger threat than the Cave Squid and Oozes due to Poison and the fact that those poisoned continue to take damage until the battle is over, unlike what happens with those swallowed, who just take damage while in the stomach of the beast).

Misc.
[X] Obtain information about the situation.
-[X] Reprimand appropriate parties.
-[X] Prevent rash actions.
-[X] If the gravy was not applied by choice, you might be able to clean it up by making it either weightless or very heavy.
[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Marshmallow's outfit (HP regeneration FTW).
[X] Equip Denny Leafcutter and Rainy Icedagger with the two leftover PM Swords.
[X] Give the leftover PM Spiker Gauntlets to Sue Osteolith and Frances Furypine.
[X] Tell Meira that you want her to plan out who and what she will need when for tomorrow when you send her down to take Sub-Tunnels IV Area 1. If she needs anything bought for that assualt, you'll want a list later that day so you can buy as much of it as possible.

Battle Plans
[X] Roll strategy.
[X] Send all of your forces to Eerie Passages 1.
-[X] Focus on taking out, in order, the Spiders, the Bats, the Cave Squid, the Oozes, then the mooks. Focus fire on taking out one at a time. If anyone gets eaten, make those critters the priority to rescue the trapped trooper. Marshmallow is to be healer, Barrier is to focus on protecting Meira, Marshmallow, and Emerald.
>> No. 158852
>>158850
We don't have anyway to provide light to take the sub-areas. Without a way provide light that doesn't require spending money continually it would not be worth it.

Also what we get from a binding has a random factor expect for name sprits. And we said we would get another earth sprit for the one fairy.
>> No. 158853
>>158851
True, which is why you're asking her to begin with. She survived down there. She should know by experience what is needed and what would have really helped had she had it. But even if you disagree with a minor offhand statement, the rest is still revised to get the most out of things with the current vote.
>> No. 158854
[x] >>158850
>> No. 158932
[x]Get more info about the situation

[x]Send every free unit not currently occupied with something else to go stomp Eerie Passages 1
-[x]Bind an Earth Spirit to Frances' new gauntlets
-[x]If Emerald looks like she has reservations about your currently selected target, hear her out and think of alternate targets should the hazards of the area be significant.
>> No. 158936
>>158935
>0,5

Numbers are rounded down.

Also, to a certian Anon who asked this twice on the chat: The new kappa are indeed like the scientists, but have a bit more HP and damage. They're also immune to poison.
>> No. 158937
File 134045662517.png - (217.50KB , 2740x1636 , OOB16_Proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
158937
>>158850
I’m unable to give a good estimate over the enemy stats due to a lack of data. Consider the orange numbers an underestimation of their abilities. Deleted the first one due to a cock up in the calculation of average damage.

>>158936
I am aware that the numbers are rounded down, but excel is quite stubborn about rounding numbers up if I reduce the amount of significant digits, and since the number is a product of an equation it will stay as it is. Round down manually, to get the true HP.
>> No. 159047
File 134074637677.jpg - (104.03KB , 393x641 , but Im not hungry.jpg ) [iqdb]
159047
"I don't... what. What is going on." Tabuki says, not entirely having forced the sleep fog out of her brain just yet.

"Is she in here? I know she is." The fairy replies. "She wasn't that far ahead."

"Who?" She asks foggily.

"Don't you dare tell her-!" The lamia hisses, hogging a little more of the sheets, jaw snapping shut as the fairy's gravy-slick finger comes up in triumph.

"I knew it! I heard you! And I can see a big lump under those sheets, and your tail is sort of sticking out a lot."

"What?"

"Explanations." Tabuki interrupted, with a tone of strict finality. "Now."

"Second date." The fairy says, arms crossing over her chest.

"It wassn't a date. It wass not intimate."

"Hurry up and get to dinner already!" The fairy urged, ignoring the lamia's protests.

".... I don't. What?" Tabuki tries, feeling a little lost with the conversation. She turns to Emerald, who is by now awake herself, and seems amused by the proceedings. "What?" She tries again, hopefully.

"Well, uh, you see." Emerald says, rubbing the back of her head. "You know we don't exactly die, right? So we have a lot of time to experiment, and our tastes can, uh... they can get a little extreme. Since there's not really any permanent drawback like there would be for normal folk."

"... I don't understand."

"Well, put it like this. Some get the blood flowing, you know, in... special ways. Like, they like to be out of breath, but really out of breath."

Emerald notes Tabuki's flat incomprehension and sighs, thinking.

"Um... let's see how to put it. While they're doing stuff, touchy-feeliness and all, maaaybe someone likes for someone to put their hand like... so." She says, demonstrating by placing her palm across Tabuki's throat. "And then sort of... squeeze, a bit."

Tabuki has just a moment to feel alarmed by this affirmation before Emerald moves her hand away, still smiling.

"Just, you have to know when to let go, for that sort of thing. But with us, it doesn't really matter, in the long run, and so you can probably find one or two who like their thrills better if... well, you know. If they know the other side of things isn't going to let go."

"And... they find this....?" Tabuki says, at something of a loss for words.

"Oh yeah. From what I hear, anyway. I don't really like having a lot of down-time like that myself, but... well."

She waves a hand specifically at the arguing pair.

"It wass not intimate! It wass the heat of the moment, my blood wass up from fighting, and I wass hungry, and you were there, iss all. I am not going to eat you."

"What... what? I was just, just convenient then, for a quick one-off?" The fairy rails. "You aren't stopping to think about how I felt about it? We have a connection..."

"No we don't!" The Lamia argues insistently.

.... Tabuki still isn't sure how to put words to anything going through her mind just at the moment. Plans are already prepared, for troop movement and for the day's binding, but she can't help but be taken a little aback by the whole situation, still.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 159049
[x]Tell the fairy to go clean herself up. If the Lamia isn't willing to... partake, then that's just too bad. No means no, after all, and Satori isn't going to much appreciate her tracking gravy all over the place.
[x]Finni's currently in training, so reassign that PM Sword to Xerxissa for the time being.
>> No. 159053
[x]Encourage the Lamia to indulge the fairy. Not like there's any real harm in it, and she doesn't seem easily dissuaded.
[x]Besides, even if you don't quite understand why these fairies think like this, you're...curious.
>> No. 159054
[x]Tell the fairy to go clean herself up. If the Lamia isn't willing to... partake, then that's just too bad. No means no, after all, and Satori isn't going to much appreciate her tracking gravy all over the place.
>> No. 159057
At first I was like: ...what.

But then I was like: Oh god, it's one of those weirdos. Ugh...
>> No. 159059
[x] Encourage the Lamia to indulge the fairy. Not like there's any real harm in it, and she doesn't seem easily dissuaded.
-[x] She might disover much, by giving the fairy a chance. You know you did, when you forced Emerald to be eternally tied to you gave Emerald her chance. Tell her your own experience.
-[x] If they do get together, Lamia is only to eat the fairy after the battles and when home.
>> No. 159060
Something like >>159059 would be what I would be going for if we didn't have 1 CHA.

[x]Tell the fairy to go clean herself up. If the Lamia isn't willing to... partake, then that's just too bad. No means no, after all, and Satori isn't going to much appreciate her tracking gravy all over the place.
[x]Finni's currently in training, so reassign that PM Sword to Xerxissa for the time being.
>> No. 159061
[x]Tell the fairy to go clean herself up. If the Lamia isn't willing to... partake, then that's just too bad. No means no, after all, and Satori isn't going to much appreciate her tracking gravy all over the place.
[x]Finni's currently in training, so reassign that PM Sword to Xerxissa for the time being.

You wouldn't force feed yourself to a Lamia
>> No. 159062
>>Finni's currently in training
>>Equip Denny Leafcutter and Rainy Icedagger with the two leftover PM Swords.
Where exactly did Denny or Rainy end up becoming Finni here?
>> No. 159068
[x] Encourage the Lamia to indulge the fairy. Not like there's any real harm in it, and she doesn't seem easily dissuaded.
-[x] If they do get together, Lamia is only to eat the fairy after the battles and when home.

I think they would form a cute couple. No reason to not try to, regardless of CHA (which I think we shouldn't need to roll, anyway).
>> No. 159069
>>159068
Out of character
>> No. 159077
>>159069

How so?
>> No. 159079
[x]Tell the fairy to go clean herself up. If the Lamia isn't willing to... partake, then that's just too bad. No means no, after all, and Satori isn't going to much appreciate her tracking gravy all over the place.
-[x] But try to set her up with Deady.

Deady wants more blood, this fairy wants to get eaten, perfect matchup.
>> No. 159080
>>159079

Not really a good match. Lamia eat thing whole, fitting perfectly into the usual vore fetish. Deady, however, specially since she's the same size as other fairies, eat things bit by bit, dealing great pains and fitting more into the guro/gore fetish.

So yeah, different partners, different fetishes.

[x] Encourage the Lamia to indulge the fairy. Not like there's any real harm in it, and she doesn't seem easily dissuaded.
-[x] If they do get together, Lamia is only to eat the fairy after the battles and when home.
>> No. 159082
>>159077
Reread the first tread. Tabuki has conservative values about sex. And what people do so long they are consisting should be keep private, she it not consisting. And it will establish a bad president for future if Tabuki allows it, or encourages it.
>> No. 159083
[x]Tell the fairy to go clean herself up. If the Lamia isn't willing to... partake, then that's just too bad. No means no, after all, and Satori isn't going to much appreciate her tracking gravy all over the place.
>> No. 159085
>>159082
> And it will establish a bad president for future if Tabuki allows it, or encourages it.

Actually, a president/leader who surpresses or stop people from exercising their sexuality is a bad one. One that does not restrain it's people and/or believes in giving others a chance is a respectable leader.

Also, if the Lamia and the fairy do become a couple and they end up liking each other, they might receive bonuses when fighting alongside each other. Plus, the Lamia will have free foid whenever she wishes, not to mention the fairy may satisfy any predator instinct of the Lamia, if she roleplays well enough.
>> No. 159086
>>159085
The Lamia does not want to participate thats the fairies problem, not Tabuki. The fairy trying to force the issue that is Tabuki problem.
>> No. 159088
>>159086

Nah, the fairy is Lamia's problem, not Tabuki's. They arguing on Tabby's room is Tabby's problem.
>>159082
> abuki has conservative values about sex

That's another reason for Tabuki encourage the Lamia to pair up with the fairy. Protecting the damsel's honor, you know. That is, after all, exactly what happened to Tabuki and Emerald.
>> No. 159089
>>159088
One member of Tabuki forces try to basically rape another is a problem, that must be handled. Two they have not had sex.
>> No. 159090
>>159089
>"Second date." The fairy says, arms crossing over her chest.

According to the fairy, they had (or at least something close enough to it).
>> No. 159091
>>159090
Now you are cherry picking, that statement was immediately contradicted by the Lamia. And it doesn't matter the fairy is clearly the aggressor now.
>> No. 159092
>>159089
Thing is I doubt the lamia would see it as rape, just unwanted (at the moment). The fairy is the only one thinking of this sexually.

Also, >>159085 makes a lot of good points.


[x] Encourage the Lamia to indulge the fairy. Not like there's any real harm in it, and she doesn't seem easily dissuaded.
-[x] If they do get together, Lamia is only to eat the fairy after the battles and when home.
>> No. 159094
>>"It wassn't a date. It wass not intimate."
>>"It wass not intimate! It wass the heat of the moment, my blood wass up from fighting, and I wass hungry, and you were there, iss all. I am not going to eat you."
>>"No we don't!" The Lamia argues insistently.

No matter how you look at it the Lamia, doesn't want to eat someone thats going to get off on it.
>> No. 159098
Misc
[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Marshmallow's outfit (HP regeneration FTW).
[X] Equip Denny Leafcutter and Rainy Icedagger with the two leftover PM Swords.
[X] Give the leftover PM Spiker Gauntlets to Sue Osteolith and Frances Furypine.
[X] Tell Meira that you want her to plan out who and what she will need when for tomorrow when you send her down to take Sub-Tunnels IV Area 1. If she needs anything bought for that assualt, you'll want a list later that day so you can buy as much of it as possible.

Battle Plans
[X] Roll strategy.
[X] Send all of your forces to Eerie Passages 1.
-[X] Focus on taking out, in order, the Spiders, the Bats, the Cave Squid, the Oozes, then the mooks. Focus fire on taking out one at a time. If anyone gets eaten, make those critters the priority to rescue the trapped trooper. Marshmallow is to be healer, Barrier is to focus on protecting Meira, Marshmallow, and Emerald.
>> No. 159101
[x] If the Lamia is sure it's not interested:
-[x]Tell the fairy to go clean herself up. If the Lamia isn't willing to... partake, then that's just too bad. No means no, after all, and Satori isn't going to much appreciate her tracking gravy all over the place.
-[x] Though you try and set the fairy up with a Zombie fairy if she likes.
[x] Stuff in >>159098

The Lamia is obviously uninterested.
>> No. 159147
[x] If the Lamia is sure it's not interested:
-[x]Tell the fairy to go clean herself up. If the Lamia isn't willing to... partake, then that's just too bad. No means no, after all, and Satori isn't going to much appreciate her tracking gravy all over the place.
-[x] Though you try and set the fairy up with a Zombie fairy if she likes.
[x] Stuff in >>159098
>> No. 159160
>[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Marshmallow's outfit (HP regeneration FTW).

Ooh yeah, no one told you guys yet. Kahi has already called the battle plans, including binding and stuff. He even already has the binding's result:

>Pot-Metal Obsidian Spike Gauntlets: Gives +3 damage, and an additional +2 damage from the spikes having transmuted physically into hardened and sharp volcanic glass. Minor chance of spikes breaking off. Occupies both hands.
>> No. 159184
I believe I should note that there are several possible results for any particular binding, so don't get upset if you glue a Medium Fire spirit to something and it doesn't grant a regeneration bonus.
>> No. 159391
Well no updates tonight... or is it morning now? Guess I'll do a marathon re-read of Doll's Quest till I get tired enough to fall asleep.