[Return]
Archived thread

File 133439146123.png - (266.03KB , 1087x777 , Prepare to Die.png ) [iqdb]
155535 No. 155535
“You're sure that's it?” you ask, staring at the large, bright circle of light at the end the tunnel.

“Yes, I am certain that is where we entered this cave.” Rikako sighs, a slight hint of exasperation in her voice.

“Really? I don't remember this...”

“That's because you were unconscious at the time.”

“Oh right, right...right...” you nod, unable to disagree her logical explanation of why you could not remember seeing something when you had never actually seen it before.

The walk back to the unfamiliar-even-though-you-had-technically-been-there-before cave entrance went surprisingly quickly, with no further incidents involving someone getting lost.
This was, of course, thanks in no small part to the fact that those most likely to wander off had already been rendered incapable of doing so

Boingy~! Boingy~! Boingy~!

...or, in Koishi's case, rendered unwilling to do so, at least until she grew bored of whatever she was doing to Yuugi's chest.

Now with your goal finally in your sights, you adjust your posture slightly to allow the girl in your arms a better view of the sight.

“Look, Tenshi! We're almost there!” you say cheerfully to the Celestial, in the hopes that it might improve her mood, if only a little bit.

Though her body remained about as limp as it had for the past several minutes, forcing you to awkwardly shift her around to prevent her head from slipping off your shoulder and hanging at some uncomfortable angle on more than one occasion, some signs of responsiveness were finally beginning to return to her in the form of simple eye movements and the occasional twitch that you suspect is her attempt at blinking.

Somehow, you don't think she's entirely happy with the arrangement.
Not that you could blame her, you suppose. Getting poisoned isn't exactly pleasant, after all.

Then again, for all you know, she might simply be unhappy that you were currently wearing her hat.

Not that you wanted to wear the hat, even if you do feel strangely stylish with it on, but it was the only way you could think of to carry it while both of your hands were occupied with its owner.

“Hold on, a moment.” Rikako suddenly says, holding up her hand and motioning for you to halt. “Does anyone sense anything unusual? Smells? Sensations of any kind? Anything?”

“My eyes kinda hurt.” you reply.

“A natural effect of being exposed to bright light after a prolonged period in a low-light environment. It will pass.” the she says, with another sigh. “I'm more concerned about any signs of that our 'friend' is nearby.”

Mmph. She was still standing at the entrance when you last saw her, wasn't she?” Yamame remarks, taking a brief break from web-chewing. “

“That's right, and yet she doesn't appear to be there, now.” Rikako says with a nod. “I am somewhat worried about why that might be.”

“Maybe she got bored and gave up?” you ask, hopefully.

That would be so nice, wouldn't it?
If all your problems would just up and go away?
No need to confront them.
No need to resolve them.
Everything would just work itself out, and you could just kick back and take it easy.

“I find that highly unlikely.” Rikako says, flatly, as your hopes go fluttering away like leaves in the wind. “This is the same youkai that tracked you down all the way to Yagokoro's place on account of whatever Hinanai did to her, correct?”

“Uh, yeah.”

“Did she seem particularly angry, at the time?”

“Um, hmmm...not really, I guess.”

“Well, after you knocked yourself out with that little stunt of yours, she was furious. I don't know what she would have done, had she caught us, but from what she was screaming and yelling at us at the time, it wasn't going to be anything as gentle as a few rounds of danmaku. She wanted blood.” Rikako says gravely. “Make no mistake, she's out there, somewhere.”

“I dunno, I can't sense nothin' odd.” Yuugi says, curiously sniffing the air. “Air's kinda nice, though! Been a while since I smelled flowers!”

Flowers?

At the back of your mind, something stirs at the mention of that word.
That vague, uneasy feeling that something isn't quite right.
Not bad, necessarily, but...amiss.

You need to go out there.

You know you do, and yet, you don't really want to...

You must go out there.

You're not sure you really want to...

You must go out there.

You probably should go out there...

You will go out there.


You think you'll go out there, after all.



[ ] Scout

[ ] Rush

>> No. 155539
[x] Scout

Grass grows, sun shine, and I, brodda? I hurt people.
>> No. 155540
[x] Rush
>> No. 155541
>>155539
"If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!... ." Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting than you do, pal, because he invented it! And then he perfected it, so that no living man could best him in the ring of honor!
>> No. 155542
[x] Scout

There's a limit to the amount of stupid that insanity can generate, even for us. Let's not make ourselves a huge screaming target.
>> No. 155545
[x] Rush
It's incredibly useful to be able to jump really high.
>> No. 155548
[x] Scout.

We'll find a set of footprints and follow it and either end up following our own trail or end up at the feet or Yuuka or Rikako, and it'll be awesome.
>> No. 155549
[X] Scout

Rushing with unconscious people could be problematic in case of aggressive flowers.
>> No. 155552
[x] Scout
>> No. 155553
[x] Scout

Smell of flowers?
We have a youkai of flowers after us. It's definitely a trap.
>> No. 155554
[x] Scout

We can be smart and not make Rikako facepalm for once. Just to be nice.
>> No. 155555
File 133444228989.jpg - (44.44KB , 383x460 , 1327546899568.jpg ) [iqdb]
155555
[x] Scout


Check 'em

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 155561
[X] Strut
We must build on our new-found style.
>> No. 155563
>>155555

Get fucked
>> No. 155564
>>155555
Really? I mean, he did put it in spoilers, it wasn't that obtrusive.

Though the picture might have been a bit too much.
>> No. 155565
I don't get it.
>> No. 155566
>>155565
You are a lucky man then.
>> No. 155567
>>155566
>the horror, somebody pointed out they had a slightly notable post number in a throwaway comment.
>> No. 155568
>>155555

Should have used a Cirno picture for massive damage.

Btw, this was easily ignored. Although I wished he had spoilered the picture too, that face is way more annoying and eye catching than two or three words.
>> No. 155569
[X] Scout

Get back on the rails, guys.
>> No. 155570
>>155555
I don't get it either. Is it a "GET" joke?
>> No. 155571
>>155570
Dingdingdingding.

[x] Turn around. You saw something shiny in that last tunnel.
>> No. 155573
[x] Apologize profusely to the first flower you see.
>> No. 155582
>>155573
What the hell is wrong with you man, we can't talk to flowers.

... or can we?

[x] Talk to the flowers.
What could go wrong?
>> No. 155585
>>155582

[x] Talk to the flowers.

It couldn't go wrong!
>> No. 155589
[x] Scout
>> No. 155590
[x]>>155582
Making a story-reference vote in a CYOA made by the guy who redefined that word... seems appropriate.
>> No. 155591
[x] Talk to the flowers.
>> No. 155594
File 133465161248.png - (120.76KB , 629x552 , what.png ) [iqdb]
155594
“I think I'll go scout ahead.” you declare, looking back towards the others. “You know, do some recognizance.”

“Reconnaissance?” Rikako asks.

“No, no, I'm just going to go out and look around, see what's out there.” you reply, clarifying your intent.

“Right. Reconnaissance.”

“Nah, I'm not quite hungry, yet.”

“...what?”

“Thanks for asking, though!” you say, gratefully, as Rikako begins to shake her head and rub her temples for some reason.

“That's not even what-...no. Nevermind. Forget I said anything. Just go.” she says, looking as if she were beginning to develop a slight headache.

“I'll call for you guys if it looks clear.”

“Yes, yes, fine, that's fine. Just don't do anything...”

“Reckless?”

“...yes.” she says, after a long pause. “Let's go with that.”

“Aw, don't worry! It's not like this should take long! I'll be right back! What could possibly go wrong? It's not like I'm going to-”

Not saying anything more on the matter.” Rikako interrupts you, holding her hands up in front of her. “Not another word.”

“Um, okay.”

You're not sure why, but you get the strangest feeling that Rikako is feeling somewhat apprehensive about going outside, for some reason. You can't imagine why that would be, though. After all, all you're doing is leaving the confines of a place of relative safety to venture outside, where an angry youkai who probably doesn't like you very much is almost certainly waiting for you. It's not like it would be your first time doing that sort of thing, and just look at how well the last time you did that turned out!

.Not that you remember exactly how that turned out, of course, since you pretty much knocked yourself out cold within a matter of seconds of setting foot outside, only to wake up to find you had been chased into a cave.

...oh.

OH.

“Uh, hey, anyone else want to tag along?” you ask, glancing around yourself in a totally causal and non-worried fashion.

Because you're not.

At all.


Nope.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


[ ] ProbePlant Whisperer

[ ] Overseer

[ ] Command Center
>> No. 155595
[x] Command Center
Even though everyone likes being probed.
>> No. 155597
[X] Overseer

unbiased choice, really.
>> No. 155599
[x] Talk to the flowers Plant Whisperer
>> No. 155601
[x]ProbePlant Whisperer

Fuck yes, secret option unlocked.
>> No. 155602
[x] Overseer
>> No. 155604
[x] Command Center

>>155595
Let the probing begggggggggins!
>> No. 155605
>>155604
Wrong option chosen, my good, probing lovin' amigo.
>> No. 155606
[x] ProbePlant Whisperer

If this is the choice to bring Koishi. I want to bring Koishi for practical reasons. Specifically, she can manipulate emotions, like murderous intent, for example.
>> No. 155607
[x] Overseer
>> No. 155608
[x] ProbePlant Whisperer

I have no idea what I am voting for and am completely content with this state of affairs.
>> No. 155612
[x] ProbePlant Whisperer

This can only go well!
>> No. 155613
[X] ProbePlant Whisperer
>> No. 155614
[X] Plant Whisperer
NOSTALGIA
>> No. 155615
[x] Overseer
Because zerg are cool.
>> No. 155631
File 133489839210.jpg - (721.07KB , 1280x960 , weee seeeee yooooooou.jpg ) [iqdb]
155631
“Don't worry, Human! We won't let the bad lady get you!” Medicine quietly reassures you as you take your first, eye-searing steps back out into the daylight.

“Thanks, Medi.” you reply, squinting your eyes until they're practically closed. Rikako had warned you about this, but still you find yourself surprised by just how much the simple act of seeing could hurt. “...er, can you see alright?”

“Huh? Yeah, I can see fine!”

“Ah, that's good.” you say, relieved. As nice as it is to know you have someone watching your back, you find yourself appreciating it even more now that you're having difficulty even watching your front. And sides. And everything else, really.

Not that you can blame the others for wanting to hang back. Rikako had her reasons, you're sure, and both Yuugi and Yamame had their own tasks to attend to. As the Oni took care of Parsee and Koishi, Yamame settled herself down to continue working away at her web; a task that she assured you was especially 'delicate work' that required 'utmost care' to not 'horribly mangle or mutilate something' on her 'guest'.

That she had just successfully de-webbed the ear of her 'guest' as she said announced this was, you're sure, nothing more than a coincidence, as was the amused look of satisfaction that appeared on her face as her captive let out a muffled yet clearly-distressed moan.

Blinking your eyes, you feel the pain in your eyes fade into an ache, and your vision clears enough to enable to you once again discern vague shapes and colors.

“Huh? Really? Are you sure?” you hear Medicine suddenly say.

“Sure about what, Medi?” you ask, wondering if you had said something without realizing it, again.

“Oh, Su-san is saying that these weren't here before.”

“What wasn't here before?”

“Huh? 'The flowers, of course, you-...that isn't very nice, Su-san.”

Before you can ask 'what flowers' or, for that matter, exactly what the smaller doll had 'said' the world around you finally comes back into bright, semi-blurry focus, allowing you to see the flowers your little friend was probably referring to.

Like a crowd of people gathered around a street performer, dozens upon dozens of large sunflowers surround the area, with every single one facing the entrance of the cave, as if watching it.

Though you are no expert on plants, even you can tell that the way these flowers have grown here is anything but natural.

Looking around at them all, a sense of unease begins to creep into your stomach.

These aren't flowers.

They're eyes.

Dozens, no, hundreds of eyes.

Staring.

Waiting.

Watching.

A soft breeze blows, causing them to gently sway, the faint sounds of rustling feeling like whispers in your ear.

“Human? What are you-”

“Shhh, Medi.” you hush your little friend. “I think they want to communicate.”

“...huh?”

Stepping forward, you stop in front of the closest flower, and stare into its brown and yellow face.

And it stares back.



[ ] Casual

[ ] Curious

[ ] Confusing

[ ] Comforting

[ ] Combative
>> No. 155632
File 133489864452.jpg - (206.69KB , 1920x1080 , mask.jpg ) [iqdb]
155632
[x] Combative

I think they want to communicate.
>> No. 155633
[x] Comforting

I like comfort. Do flowers like comfort? I'm sure they do!
>> No. 155635
[x] Comforting

Because I somehow see this as a way to get a Tsundere Yuuka
>> No. 155636
[x] Comforting
Creepy. Yet strangely comforting.
>> No. 155637
[X] Casual

nothing out of the ordinary.
>> No. 155656
[x] Comforting.

Nothing for it.
>> No. 155666
Nice eyes-flowers. Nice.

[x] Comforting
>> No. 155668
[X] Comforting

Flower end.
>> No. 155670
[x] Comforting
>> No. 155671
[X] Casual

It's like you've never seen an eye-flower before.
>> No. 155672
[x] Casual

We're crazy, this is completely normal.
>> No. 155673
[x] Comforting
>> No. 155725
File 133517115844.jpg - (35.96KB , 741x950 , thanks for noticing me.jpg ) [iqdb]
155725
“Hey, there, Flower.” you begin, taking the initiative in opening a line of communication with the plants. “Is it okay if I call you Flower? You know, since that's kinda what you are, and all. But that's okay, being a flower! Flowers make the world nicer by being flowers, and you make the world nicer by being you. Which is to say, a flower. In fact, just by your being you, you've made today a very special day. There's no flower in the whole, wide world like you. ...except, you know, maybe that one, over there. Or that one. Or even that one, if you squint and the light hits it just right. But other than those...and those over there...actually, there's also a lot like you on the flower field. No joke. An entire field of nothing but flowers that look just like you. I mean, like, there's a lot of you here, now, but there? Hoo-boy! You guys are like a drop in a bucket compared to the ones in that place. ...ah! Not that there's anything wrong about that! You're just fine, just the way you are! You're one in a million! A million of virtually identical flowers just like you. Virtually indistinguishable from one another. No clue how anyone can tell you apart from each other. If I look away right now, I probably wouldn't be able to pick you out when I looked back this way. For all I know, someone could replace you with another flower, and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. They probably wouldn't even need to replace you. They could just steal you away, right from that spot, and I wouldn't even notice you were gone. But...you're here! Yes, that's right! You're here, and I am glad that you are here. If you were gone, and I actually did notice it, I would almost certainly miss you! ...assuming I did not mistake you for another one of the flowers here, that is! Not that I have done that, of course! You are you, and I know you are you, or at least are relatively certain that you are you, and that is what really matters. So, thank you, Flower. Thank you for being you, assuming the you that I think you are is the you that you actually are, and I haven't been mistaking you for another flower that looks just like you this whole time, because that would be really embarrassing on my part.”

“...Human? Wha-”

Shhhhhhh, Medi.” you shush your little friend. “I think it's going to respond...

“Huh? Reall-”

Shhhhhhhhhh...

With a faint gasp, Medicine claps her hands over her mouth, as if to physically block any sound from escaping. ...which she was basically doing, you realize.

Huh.

Turning your head to put your ear as close to the flower as possible, you hold your breath and listen.

Another breeze blows through, and the flowers once again gently sway.

Leaves rustle.

Insects buzz.

From somewhere in the distance, you hear a bird calling out.

A bird. A bird...

A bir-NO! No! No! Focus!
Focus, damn it!

Sounds...sounds...

Breeze...rustling...buzzing...blowing...droning...

As you continue to listen, it feels as if you were hearing the very breathing of nature, itself!
Soft and gently, steady and rhythmic, the sounds around you mingle together in splendid harmony.
The rustling of grass and leaf, the flittering of insect and fairy, the snoring of...


...wait, snoring?

Straining to hear, your mind struggles to shut out all but the one sound that seemed to not belong, and in a matter of moments, you've caught it.

Snoring.
Without a doubt, snoring.
Light and faint, the sound you were hearing was unmistakably that of something snoring nearby.

The question, of course, was what?

It did not sound like anything large, but then again, since when has size ever counted for anything that wasn't a rock?

Still, what could it be?
Who could it be?
Why would they be sleeping outside, like this?



[ ] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!


[ ] Preemptive Strike. Whatever it is, it's goin' down!

- ( ) MISSLES AWAY
- ( ) GAS ATTACK
- ( ) CHAAAAAAAAAARGE


[ ] Report to HQ. You can't do anything unless it's been authorized! ...this has been authorized, right?
>> No. 155726
[x] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!
>> No. 155727
[x] Report to HQ. You can't do anything unless it's been authorized! ...this has been authorized, right?

With any luck, someone should be smart enough to make us skip past the optional Yuuka boss while she's asleep.
>> No. 155728
[x] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!

Nothing could possibly go wrong with this choice. Also, possible sleeping pink pj moe.
>> No. 155729
[X] Preemptive Strike. Whatever it is, it's goin' down!
- (X) CHAAAAAAAAAARGE

There is absolutely no way this can go wrong.
>> No. 155731
[X] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!

We are still on scouting duty.
>> No. 155733
[x] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!

I don't think it isn't a not trap!
>> No. 155734
[X] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!
>> No. 155739
[x] Report to HQ. You can't do anything unless it's been authorized! ...this has been authorized, right?

>>155727
Judging from the vote ratios...
>> No. 155741
[X] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!

>>155727
Skip optional content? What strange madness is this?
>> No. 155743
[x] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!

Judging by the vote ratios, I am almost sure we aren't voting in a "choose your favorite touhou"
>> No. 155744
>>155743
>>Judging by the vote ratios, I am almost sure we aren't voting in a "choose your favorite touhou"

Are you suggesting that those voting to investigate aren't doing so in the hopes of catching sight of a rare, sleeping Yuuka, dolled up in some frilly, pink sleepwear? Maybe pajamas? Maybe a nightgown? Nestled comfortably under a canopy of sunflowers, her head resting upon a pillow she got from who knows where?
>> No. 155745
>>155744

It's not the same thing when there's only one touhou to choose. Monopoly isn't healthy for the market.
>> No. 155746
[x] Report to HQ. You can't do anything unless it's been authorized! ...this has been authorized, right?
>> No. 155747
>>155744
Aren't we wearing pink? We should stick close to any pink we encounter, for camouflage purposes.
>> No. 155749
[x] Report to HQ. You can't do anything unless it's been authorized! ...this has been authorized, right?

I don't think Yuugi is capable of being subtle enough to not wake Yuuka, but that doesn't mean we should go do it preemptively
>> No. 155751
>>Are you suggesting that those voting to investigate aren't doing so in the hopes of catching sight of a rare, sleeping Yuuka, dolled up in some frilly, pink sleepwear? Maybe pajamas? Maybe a nightgown? Nestled comfortably under a canopy of sunflowers, her head resting upon a pillow she got from who knows where?

No, because if it's not the flowers taking a nap, then it's likely to be Elly taking a rest here. Or Komachi. Or maybe the Spanish Inquisition.

>>It's not the same thing when there's only one touhou to choose. Monopoly isn't healthy for the market.

That's because someone keeps buying all the Orange Properties and the Railroads, driving you into bankruptcy and madness as you continue rolling your dice or hoping to get the right card from the Community Chest to get out of jail, and then landing right onto those Orange Blasted Properties. You know, the properties you don't own. Because someone else bought them all before you could!
>> No. 155753
[X] Investigate. Who knows? It might not be a trap!
[X] Quietly inform Medicine that we might need her to knock out the sleeping person.
>> No. 155763
File 13352554824.jpg - (484.08KB , 850x1298 , PRAISE THE SUN.jpg ) [iqdb]
155763
This requires investigation!

Someone sleeping out here? With a potentially dangerous youkai roaming about?
Curious! Suspicious, even!

There is no way you could possibly not want to investigate this!

Hey, Medi, you hear that?” you whisper to the doll. “We're not alone, out here.

Huh? You think it's that mean lady?

Well, there's one way to find out...” you say, tilting your head towards the general direction of the snoring.

Moving as quietly as you can, the two of you carefully make your way into the flowers, taking the utmost care to avoid damaging any of them.

...well, you are, anyway. You're not really sure how much Medicine's ability to control poison to poison things might extend to allowing her control over not poisoning things. Assuming, of course, that her control over poison even functions to such an extent. For all you know, asking her to not poison something would be akin to asking a body of water to not get someone wet when they jump into it.

Which is, of course, a ridiculous thing to ask.

If you were to ask a body of water to do anything, 'not drowning my ass' would probably be the more prudent thing to ask. Not that it would be any more likely to happen than not getting wet would be, but at least you would die knowing you had your priorities straight.

Following the sounds as best you can, it doesn't take long for you to find your quarry, and nearly trip over it in the process.

Freezing in place, you feel Medicine bump into you from behind as you look down at what now lay at your feet.

Clad in pink from head to toe, a young girl lay sprawled on the ground, snoring away without a care in the world.
Indeed, as you gazed down at this girl, watching the way her emerald locks shined in the sunlight, you began to feel as if you what it meant to know 'true peace'.
No fears. No worries.
Just you, and nature, enjoying an afternoon nap.
...or pre-noon nap, if the large clock laying next to the girl was to be believed.

Though you certainly aren't one to judge someone's choice of time or place to sleep, you nevertheless wonder what this girl was doing here of all places.

Who is that, Human?” Medicine asks, peering around you to look at the girl.

No clue, Medi.” you reply, wondering just what you should do, now.

You suppose you could always just ask the girl, but that would mean waking her up. As peacefully as she was currently resting, you don't know if you have the heart to disturb her rest like that. But what else could you do? Wait for her to wake up? There's no telling how long that could take. Then again, perhaps...


[ ] Wake her. You have questions, and she maybe-might-almost-kinda-sorta have answers! You hope.

[ ] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
( ) ...come to think of it, you could use a nap yourself.

[ ] Leave her. Tell the others about this, first, and hope she's still here when she gets back. ...she'll still be there, right?

[ ] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?
>> No. 155764
[ ] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?
>> No. 155766
File 133525974190.jpg - (61.09KB , 473x590 , 8c2c980b6d0aa05d5ec87648f1b88c23[1].jpg ) [iqdb]
155766
[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
-(y) ...come to think of it, you could use a nap yourself.
what could possibly at all forever go wrong
>> No. 155767
[x] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?

She's just the cutest little sleeping terror in the world.
>> No. 155768
[x] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?

Party member, get!
>> No. 155770
[x] Wake her. You have questions, and she maybe-might-almost-kinda-sorta have answers! You hope.

So, Komachi, about that dinner...
>> No. 155771
[X] Leave her. Tell the others about this, first, and hope she's still here when she gets back. ...she'll still be there, right?

Clad in pink? emerald locks? large clock? , wait, let's leave her and get away from here, fast.
>> No. 155772
[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
-[x] ...come to think of it, you could use a nap yourself.
After seeing the image of true peace, I guess it can't be helped. 'sides, she looks positively adorable
>> No. 155773
[X] Leave her. Tell the others about this, first, and hope she's still here when she gets back. ...she'll still be there, right?
>> No. 155774
I'm getting Tsukihime vibes from the 'sleeping option' Good times.
>> No. 155775
>>155774
inb4 Shark End.
>> No. 155777
[!] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyes.
>> No. 155778
>>155775
I was thinking more about this part, actually:

>And besides, I am a vampire, you know. How can you sleep there without feeling any danger?
>> No. 155779
[x] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?
-[x] Try not to wake her in the process.
>> No. 155780
[X] Leave her. Tell the others about this, first, and hope she's still here when she gets back. ...she'll still be there, right?

Guys, can we not be suicidal here? Please?

...Ah, who am I kidding, pissing against the tide anyway.
>> No. 155781
[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
-(x) ...come to think of it, you could use a nap yourself.
-{x} Snuggle with her. That's a perfect way to bond with new people you've just met. Even if they haven't met you yet.

We totally should try toplay safe and go back. Yeah, we should. Totally.
>> No. 155783
[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!

I like how those questions at the end of the next to last update apply equally well to our main character. He was sleeping outside for god knows what reason at the beginning of the story, and we don't know what he is.
>> No. 155785
[x] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?
-[x] Try not to wake her in the process.
>> No. 155786
[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
>> No. 155789
File 133530392211.png - (20.81KB , 95x96 , Angry_Sun.png ) [iqdb]
155789
>>PRAISE THE SUN.jpg

What? No! The Sun is a jerk!
>> No. 155790
[x] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?
-[x] Try not to wake her in the process.
>> No. 155792
[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
-[x] ...come to think of it, you could use a nap yourself.
So in-character that it hurts.
>> No. 155793
[X] Take her. Hey guys, look what I found! Can I keep her?

Looks like the shrink bomb sorta worked. Not sure, we were on Namek so long I might need to reread the first few threads.
>> No. 155795
File 133532893386.jpg - (76.65KB , 500x452 , frolaire.jpg ) [iqdb]
155795
>>155789
SUN FOR THE SUN GOD

[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
-[x] ...come to think of it, you could use a nap yourself.

It's sleepan time
>> No. 155796
[X] Leave her. Tell the others about this, first, and hope she's still here when she gets back. ...she'll still be there, right?
>> No. 155800
[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
-[x] ...come to think of it, you could use a nap yourself.

just couldn't help it after seeing the choices.
>> No. 155801
[x] Wait for her. How could you even think of disturbing her?!
-(y) ...come to think of it, you could use a nap yourself.
>> No. 155802
File 133534601336.jpg - (277.64KB , 581x497 , Do Mokous Dream of Burning Sheep.jpg ) [iqdb]
155802
“Well, we can't just leave her here, like this.” you say, bending down to pick the girl up.

“Why not?” Medicine asks

“Well, because...ergh...wow, she's heavier than she looks.” you reply, straining to lift the surprisingly-heavy little girl up into your arms. “Anyway, it might not be safe for her to just be sleeping out here, like this. Especially if that lady comes back.”

“Oh. I guess that makes sense.” the little doll-girl says, nodding. “Su-san thinks she's strange.”

“Well, sleeping on the ground like that is a little unusual, I guess.”

“No, Su-san says it's not that. She just thinks she's strange.”

“'Strange' how?”

“I dunno. Just 'strange', she says.” Medicine shrugs, shaking her head. “Su-san gets kind of hard to understand sometimes.”

Looking down at the girl cradled in your arms, you find it hard to argue against Su-san's assessment. In more ways than one, this girl was certainly unusual. Despite her small size, you feel as if you were holding someone much larger and heavier than a young girl. That you found her as you did, sprawled out on the ground, was also unusual. Even her clothing seemed somehow odd, to you. Not only was she wearing what was clearly evening-wear in the middle of the day, but it didn't even look as if it were in her size. Though you were no expert, or even a novice on the subject female sleeping garments, the cap and nightgown worn by this girl looked as if they were several sizes too large for her. And the watch? Despite looking vaguely like one of those 'pocket watches', as you heard them called, you cannot begin to fathom the size of pocket required to hold a timepiece such as this, let alone the pants such a pocket would be attached to.


Carefully working your way back out of the throng of sunflowers, Medicine carrying the girl's oversized watch as you carry its owner, you are greeted by the sight of Rikako peering out at you from entrance of the cave.

“Well then, I take it that...” she begins to say, trailing off as her gaze falls upon the girl in your arms. “Who is that?”

“No idea! We just found her sleeping on the ground.”

“You...you found her.”

“Yep.”

“Laying on the ground.”

“Uh-huh.”

“Out there.

“In a bunch of flowers, yeah.”

“...and your response was to pick her up and carry her back here?”

“Well, yeah.”

For a moment, Rikako just stares at you, dumbfounded.
Why she is doing that, you don't really know.

Well, actually, you kinda do know, though you would have hoped that her time spent with you had taught her to expect such behaviors from you.

You've known each other for barely a day, she should know how you operate by now, damn it!

“Look, nevermind. Did you see anything out there?”

“Other than this girl? Nope. Just all those flowers.”

Flowers?” Rikako asks, her eyes narrowing. “What flowers?”

“What do you mean, 'what flowers'? There's a whole bunch of them right outside!” you say, wondering if your bespectacled companion needs a stronger prescription. “Look! You can see them right out th-....um....”

Twisting your body to look back at the flowers Rikako was somehow not seeing, you suddenly find yourself also not seeing them. Or anything else, for that matter.

Where sunflowers once stood, there now stood not-sunflowers.
Or, to be more precise, not-anything.

“...huh.” you say, simply, unable to think of anything else to say of the large, gaping void of nothing you were now staring at.

For a moment, you consider asking Rikako what she thought of this bizarre phenomenon, but get the strange feeling that such a question would go unanswered, compelling you to look back at where she was, only to find her no longer there. Or anywhere.

Deciding to forgo the unnecessary asking-of-questions-that-won't-be-anwered-because-there's-nobody-there-to-answer-them, you instead skip straight ahead to the part of the process where you turn back and...yep.

No Rikako.

No cave, either.

You suppose you should be more surprised by that than you are, yet, you're not.

What does actually surprise you is the fact, rather than the cave being replaced by nothing, it has seemingly replaced by something. The 'something' in this case being what you can only describe as a lake.

A very large, very red lake.

Sniffing the air, you detect a hint of what smells vaguely like old, rusty coins.

...coming from the lake.

Ew.


[ ] attempt to ford the l͏͜ ̶̕a̧͘k͠e̢

[ ] caulk wa̵̶͜g̨o̸͘͘n͞ and float across

[ ] take a ͜ ͟͡f̴̷͡e̢҉r̢ry̨ across

[ ]

[ ] go around

[ ]

[ ]

[ ]

[ ]

[ ]

[ ]
>> No. 155803
[x] take a ͜ ͟͡f̴̷͡e̢҉r̢ry̨ across
Oregon Trail flashbacks, ahoy.
>> No. 155804
[x]

Hi, Elly. Here's your master, Elly. I was keeping her dry for you.
>> No. 155805
[x] take a ͜ ͟͡f̴̷͡e̢҉r̢ry̨ across


>Sniffing the air, you detect a hint of what smells vaguely like old, rusty coins.
That's blood.
Are we still carrying the girl, or did she disappeared with the rest?
>> No. 155806
[x] take a ͜ ͟͡f̴̷͡e̢҉r̢ry̨ across

what are these strange characters
>> No. 155807
[x]

For the record, this is choice number eight.
>> No. 155808
[x] take a ͜ ͟͡f̴̷͡e̢҉r̢ry̨ across
>> No. 155809
What's with all the ferry votes? You guys are the wussiest Oregon Trail players I've ever seen.
>> No. 155810
>>155806
Those strangers characters are called Z̧̥̤̙̦ͮ́̆̔̍ͥ̏͢͟ȁ̶͋ͣͩ̀҉̛̙͕̤̯͇͕͉̫͚͇̱̗̲̠͉͈͖l̵̞̰̝͇̱̙͕̭̫̝͈̻̋ͤ̽ͮ̆̈́̀͢g̵̛͈̦̖̞ͦ̏̓͋͢o̍
ͮ͂̄͆ͫ͌͋͛͌̾̃ͤ͏̶͎̯̦̘͕̹̟̰̺͍͎ͅ
>> No. 155811
[X] go around

sooo....she woke up and went ballistic, didn't she?
>> No. 155813
[x]

I am also joining the choice number eight bandwagon.
>> No. 155814
>>155810
They might be zalgo, but they're not showing up on my screen because I probably don't have the right codecs installed. I remain blissfully ignorant of the horrific words and instead only see
[ ] Ford lake
[ ] Caulk wagon
[ ] Ferry
[ ]
[ ] go around
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
[ ]
which are kind of boring options
>> No. 155815
[x] take a ͜ ͟͡f̴̷͡e̢҉r̢ry̨ across

We got sucked inside of Yuuka's dream world didn't we?
>> No. 155816
[x] take a ferry across
>> No. 155817
File 133535870029.jpg - (9.88KB , 400x275 , Your wife and three kids drown.jpg ) [iqdb]
155817
[x] FORD THE BLOOD RIVER
>> No. 155818
[x] take a ͜ ͟͡f̴̷͡e̢҉r̢ry̨ across
Hopefully this will lead to Kurumi.

>>155815
No, we just had Gensokyo's other lake of blood magically appear.
>> No. 155822
>>155814
..I am disappointed there is no choice to allow us to Caulk The Lake.

>>No, we just had Gensokyo's other lake of blood magically appear.

Then where is Remilia, Flandre, and the rest of the SDM crew in beachwear, huh?

[X] Say hi to Remilia and company as they play at the Blood Lake.
>> No. 155842
File 133540259144.jpg - (665.74KB , 920x760 , Kurumi.jpg ) [iqdb]
155842
>>155822
This isn't Remilia's territory. The original Touhou vampire, Kurumi, lives here. She may be a stage 2 boss with a really short theme, but her wings are huge.
>> No. 155846
>>155842
Tell me then, how does Kurumi feel about the fact that Marisa is Yuki's evil twin?
>> No. 155866
>>155846
Probably doesn't care, as they're not from the same game and would have no reason to know about each other.
>> No. 155870
File 133546248561.png - (6.88KB , 256x222 , what.png ) [iqdb]
155870
I'm half-expecting a Bloodpool reference right now.
Let's see if we can find a statue with a sword.
>> No. 155877
File 133551369368.jpg - (73.86KB , 458x293 , I KNOW WHO YOU AAARRRRRRRRRRRREE.jpg ) [iqdb]
155877
There is a large body of some liquid in front of you!

In a situation such as this, how could you want to do anything but attempt to cross it?!

Just as doors are made for opening, and holes made for plunging into, liquids are made for crossing!

Or drinking!

You're not going to drink any of that stuff, though.
As dubious as your judgment may be, at times, there still remain some things that you cannot possibly ever consider to be a good thing to do.

And so, you shall cross it!

...but how?
How can you do that?

You know! You'll use that raft over there!

Walking to the edge of the 'water', you look down at the rickety collection of wood tied together that could loosely be considered a 'boat'. Though crude, and certainly not as stylish as it could be if fairies had been used in place of lumber, the raft was undeniably sea-worthy, with more than enough length and width to allow you to comfortably lay down without fear of falling off.

Carefully stepping aboard, you gently lay your still-sleeping companion down in the middle of the raft, before moving to the edge. Taking special care to avoid touching any of the red liquid, you push off from the shore, and scramble back to the center of the raft as it begins to drift onto the lake.


[ ] ROWING

[ ] FLOATING

[ ] TIPPING

[ ] DIPPING
>> No. 155878
[x] FLOATING

>As dubious as your judgment may be, at times, there still remain some things that you cannot possibly ever consider to be a good thing to do.
There's still hope for this guy. He's not completely lost for us sane people.
>> No. 155879
[x] TIPPING

New goal: Get him to swallow some of this stuff.
>> No. 155880
[X] TIPPING
Like cows. Cows for tipping. But not falling in, and no drinking. Drinking from cows is no good.
>> No. 155881
[x] ROWING
>> No. 155882
[X] FLOATING

Do not want to fall into the lake of blood, thanks. Especially not when still carrying sleeping Yuuka. Do not want to wake her up by dropping her in a lake of blood, because ours will be added to that lake if we do.
>> No. 155883
>>155878
>sane people.
You're doing the story wrong.

[x] TIPPING
>> No. 155884
[x] ROWING
Yeah, this isn't going to win.
>> No. 155885
>>155878
YES. Good catch.

[x] ROWING

Row, row, row your boat,
Gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
This is but a dream.
>> No. 155886
[x] ROWING

Is it bad that I would prefer getting through this in one piece?
>> No. 155888
[X] ROWING
>> No. 155890
[x] ROWING
>> No. 155891
[X] ROWING

This seems to be the less passive option.
>> No. 155892
[x] ROWING

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWA ROW THE BOAT
>> No. 155894
File 133556705842.png - (529.61KB , 631x892 , i was a vampire before vampires were cool.png ) [iqdb]
155894
>>155842
>The original Touhou vampire, Kurumi

Sup.
>> No. 155898
>>155894
Elis is definitely a devil, but only might be a vampire. Notice the apparent difficulty that turning into a bat presents her compared to Remilia's instantaneous transformations. See also Koakuma, who is also a devil, but not a vampire.
>> No. 155933
File 133568988090.jpg - (531.89KB , 800x800 , what the hell is that smiling thing anyway.jpg ) [iqdb]
155933
Sitting upon the raft, your pink-clad companion still sleeping peacefully next to you, you quietly watch as the shore slowly retreats. Though still within range of a well-thrown rock, solid ground was now otherwise beyond your reach.

Not unless you suddenly fancied taking a dip in the blood-like water that now surrounded you.

Very, very blood-like.

Looks like blood.

Smells like blood, too.

It even tastes li-HOLD IT.

Were you about to try to taste that?

You were about to try to taste that.

Don't try to taste that.

Stop. Stoooooop.
Pull your hand back up.
Back away from the edge of the raft.
Now.
Now.
Slowly.

That's good.


...you can only imagine that it tastes like blood, too.


As nice as it is to leisurely float upon a lake, even one as morbid and somewhat disgusting as this one, you can't help but remember why you were on the lake in the first place.

To cross it, of course!

Why are you crossing it? What is even on the other side?
Damned if you know, but that's why you're going to find out!

However, you realize, there is a problem: you're not moving!
Certainly not with enough speed to actually get anywhere, at least.

No, if you are to cross this lake, you cannot just sit back and enjoy the ride!
You need action!
Propulsion!

Sails! Oars! A really long stick!
A basic ability to plan ahead before doing something as silly as getting on a raft without any of those things in-hand!

As-is, all you have at your disposal are your own hands, and the hope that your strength will be enough to get you to the other side before either tiring out or becoming so sickened by what you were doing that you were unable to continue. Mostly by how disgusted you were, but also due to the sheer amount of violent retching and vomiting that you would almost certainly be doing.

Having your body forcibly evacuate everything you've eaten in the last five years in a matter of minutes has a way of rendering you incapable of doing much else but that, and possibly praying for the sweet release of death.

You don't want to touch it.
You don't.
You really, really don't.
You don't even want to imagine what it will feel like to dip your hands into that stuff.
The thickness. The stickiness.
The sensation of it flowing through your fingers with every stroke.
...and what if it's warm?
Not that it would be any better if it were cold.
In fact, both possibilities strike you as being equally disgusting.

Having built yourself with every conceivable reason for not sticking your hand into the thick, crimson 'water', you hold your arm out in preparation of doing just that.

Just before your hand can take the literal plunge, however...

“Hnnn...hm?” you hear a young girl's voice mumble from behind you. “How did I...hm?

Breathing a sigh of relief on behalf of your hand, you turn around and look at the now-awake girl sitting up in the center of the raft.

Meeting your gaze, the girl's eyes briefly widen, then quickly narrow.

You.” the girl says, a dangerous glint in her eyes. “What are you doing here?

Somehow, the little girl does not seem at all happy to see you.
Then again, she did just wake up to find herself on a raft in the middle of a lake with a total stranger.

All things considered, you suppose the glare she was shooting your way is far from the worst reaction she could be having to the situation. In fact, compared to screaming and accusations that could be easily misconstrued by random passers-by, an icy glare is almost welcome.

Unsettling, but welcome. Almost.
>> No. 155934
My memory isn't so good, but weren't italics being used to denote one of the spirits the protagonist is totally possessed by? That's still a thing, right?
>> No. 155935
[X] The Unlisted Secret Vote Option.
>> No. 155937
[x]Secret unlisted option (propel self into large body of fluid)

where does "jump into lake" even come from anyway
>> No. 155938
Well don't suppose we can convince Yuuka to use Twin Spark and/or Master Spark for propulsion could we? Maybe without takin' one in the face also?
>> No. 155940
>>155938
You sure you've got your priorities straight? She can carry us, if she's inclined to.
>> No. 155947
>>155934
Yes, though they have also been used to denote the protagonist's inner-dialogue, from time to time, as well.

Maybe it's a spirit talking to him.
Maybe it's the MC's own mind talking to itself.
Maybe it's one pretending to be the other...
>> No. 155951
>>155947
Why would his mind pretend to be a spirit? You're not making any sense!
>> No. 155955
>>155951
If it's a case of "You know you know that you know you know", then it makes perfect sense, at least for those who know that you know that you know you know.
>> No. 155957
>>155955
You have to keep in mind that the problem there isn't in knowing that you know what you know, but rather in knowing that you don't know what you don't know.
>> No. 155958
>>155957
So you know that you know that you never know that you never know you know?
>> No. 155960
>>155940

I have my doubts about having her fly us around without dire consequences like falling and being horribly injured, falling and dying, dying THEN falling.

Well that and flying is just so BORING. This is boating IN STYLE
>> No. 155967
>>155960
It's hard to die before falling. What's going to kill him? Air?
>> No. 155968
>>155967
An angry youkai.
>> No. 155970
File 13357753358.jpg - (153.31KB , 694x900 , Yuuka's Dream Land.jpg ) [iqdb]
155970
“Hmph. It doesn't matter, I suppose.” the girl suddenly says, the air of hostility surrounding her vanishing as quickly as it had appeared as she turns to look out over the lake. “It's not as if you are actually here, or even really you. Merely an illusion within a vision within a dream~. I must be feeling nostalgic...”

“This is a dream?”

“Of course it is, as if I was unaware.” the girl sighs, turning back to you. “You're still here. Why are you still here? Begone, already.”

“Even if you say that...” you reply, looking around at the 'water' all around you. What does she expect you to do, swim?

Hm? I want you to disappear, and yet you still remain?” the girl rises to her feet, that glint once again appearing in her eyes. “That isn't how it works, is it? No. No~. Then perhaps that isn't what I want, after all? No, perhaps not~.”

As the girl approaches you, a smile slowly begins to spread across her face, and you start to wonder if swimming might not be such a bad idea after all.

“I cannot imagine why, of all the things to fill my dreams, that little one should be among them.” she continues, her strangely-familiar smile making you feel more and more uncomfortable by the second. “And yet, here it is, and so it would seem that I do. But why? Why~? Could you possibly know why? Could that be why you are here? Hmm~? Could you tell me? I would very much like to know~!”

“W-why I'm here?”

That's right~!


Well, that seems like a simple enough question, you suppose.
Sure, you don't really know how you got here, or where 'here' even is, but-

...okay, actually, perhaps it's not such a simple question to answer.
Nevertheless, you don't think this girl would be satisfied with you shrugging your shoulders.

She wants to know why you're here?
Well, then, you'll tell her why you're here, damn it!

You're here to...


[ ] FIGHT!

[ ] TALK!

[ ] PLAY!

[ ] CHILL!
>> No. 155971
[x] TALK!

Serious youkai wants a serious answer and I intended to seriously apologize when she showed her serious face. If she isn't compromised by Tildeshi. That seems like the sort of thing Koishi would do.

... Fuck it. I want to play. I want to play with Yuuka so badly.

[x] PLAY!
>> No. 155973
Clearly he's here to [X] ROCK! (in every sense of the word).

(Or, if write-ins are too bothersome)
[X] TALK!
Because talking is usually the way one invites someone else out to dinner, and we haven't done that in a while.
>> No. 155975
[x] TALK!

>Because talking is usually the way one invites someone else out to dinner, and we haven't done that in a while.

This, we need to do it.
>> No. 155976
[x] PLAY!

This is my only path
>> No. 155977
[x] TALK!

As much as PLAY! sounds good, it looks like the most dangerous game right now, playing with Yuuka, sailing through a river of warm blood.
>> No. 155978
[x] PLAY!
>> No. 155979
>>155977
That's true. On the other hand, we're (she's?) dreaming, and we have an extra life left if it kills us for not-realsies. Probably. I might have lost count of the deaths.

In the worst-case scenario, we'll get to see what happens when we run out of lives. Hardly a punishment, in my eyes.
>> No. 155981
[x] PLAY!

Just like Reimu did. It worked quite well.
>> No. 155982
[x] CHILL!

It always works
>> No. 155983
x] PLAY!
>> No. 155984
[x] TALK!

>>155973
I have to agree with this right here. In case you guys have forgotten, this is kind of a thing we used to do (the dinner bit, not the rocking bit).
>> No. 155985
[x] TALK!
We still do it. Even though PLAY! is also tempting.
>> No. 155986
[x] TALK!
>> No. 155992
File 13358078791.jpg - (827.48KB , 980x840 , 26165984.jpg ) [iqdb]
155992
>I'm dissapointed at the lack of CHILLAX votes.
>Sure, it ended up with a bunch of villagers killing the MC but it might work this time!
Probably because nobody but you made the connection? Too late now.
>> No. 155993
[X] CHILL!
I'm just hangin
@_____@;;
>> No. 155994
[x] TALK!
>> No. 155995
[x] TALK!
-[x] Tell her you want to take her out for dinner.
--[x] Oh dear, but where are you going to get reservations at this time and place?
>> No. 155996
[X] PLAY!
>> No. 156092
>>155992
That'd be quite sad. I don't think it's the case though: the 'TALK TO FLOWERS' vote won remember?

[X] CHILL!
>> No. 156104
[X] PLAY!

Your subconscious wants to play pickup basketball with us, Yuuka.
>> No. 156120
[X] CHILLAX
>> No. 156123
>>155995
[x] TALK!
-[x] Tell her you want to take her out for dinner.
--[x] Oh dear, but where are you going to get reservations at this time and place?

This is exactly why we're here.
>> No. 156126
File 133603112575.jpg - (206.41KB , 800x600 , bed1217afcca8948c5af17128411d185.jpg ) [iqdb]
156126
Alright, calling it now. No clue when I'll be able to start writing, but I hope to have some time tomorrow to get something done.
>> No. 156163
File 133611980427.png - (52.11KB , 500x300 , shE haS dyeD heR lakE reD.png ) [iqdb]
156163
“Oh, you know, to talk.” you answer, resisting the urge to follow-up with a suggestion of 'dinner, and places to have dinner' as a possible topic of discussion.

Though rejection is always a risk when broaching that particular subject, you would rather not take your chances until you had a better idea of what this girl's idea of 'rejection' would entail. Maybe it would be a simple 'no', maybe a slap in the face, or maybe she would just throw you into the lake. Possibly piece-by-piece, after first completely dismembering you.

Sure, she could also accept your offer, but until you are certain that is how she would respond, you think you'll wait, if only until you're back on solid ground. Then you would at least have the option of running away, if necessary, however futile that may be.

Talk.” the little girl says, flatly.

“Yeah, you know, talk things out. It helps to sort out wha-”

“I was not asking.” the girl cuts you off, the glint in her eyes giving you a strange, semi-familiar chill.

...yeah, you're definitely going to wait before asking her out to dinner.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Cute lil' garden, ain't it?”

“Hmm. These were definitely not here when we passed through here, yesterday.”


No, these sunflowers were most certainly not here, yesterday.
Even if I had somehow failed to notice something as conspicuous as hundreds of bright, yellow flowers arranged around the entrance of a cave, their arrangement is far too unusual.
Too orderly.
Too deliberate.

Whether they were planted, or somehow grown, it was done so purposely.

But why?
By whom?

That woman? That youkai?
Possible, though the question of 'why' still remains...

A message?
A warning?
Or something else entirely?


“Can you see any sign of them, Miss Hoshiguma?”

“Nope! Too many flowers to see anything but flowers, flowers, and more flowers.”

“...great. So he's wandered off, again.”


I know I should not be surprised by this, and yet, somehow...


“Huh? Aw, nah, he's close. So's his little girlfriend, by the smell of it.”

“So they're somewhere in all of that, then. Well, I suppose that's not quite so-”

Look out!

“Huh? Yammy?”


Miss Kurodani's voice?
Why does she sound so alar-WHOA!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Well? What are you waiting for?” the girl asks, that glint still in her eyes. “You say you are here to talk, then talk.”

Looking back at the now-distant shore, your only hope of escape now far beyond your reach, you realize you have no choice but to follow through with what you said.

You're here to talk, so talk you shall!

...but about what?

You need ideas!
Ideas for things to talk about!

Racking your brain, a number of possibilities come to mind...



[ ] (what are they?)
>> No. 156164
[x] Apologies. For starting the incident in the first place, and your completely inappropriate escalation. You're very sorry. You will take any punishment she deems necessary and do whatever it takes to make amends.
[x] If that goes well, perhaps amends could include dinner?

I actually can't remember what started all this. Something about rocks? Anyway, Satori said to be polite and respectful, and apologies are a very important part of being polite, sooo.

write-in feels too long and cumbersome, but the intent got through, I hope
>> No. 156165
[x] Apologies. For starting the incident in the first place, and your completely inappropriate escalation. You're very sorry. You will take any punishment she deems necessary and do whatever it takes to make amends.
[x] If that goes well, perhaps amends could include dinner?

>write-in feels too long and cumbersome

I take it you haven't read through that many stories here, then. That's nothing compared to the half-a-page madness I've seen.
>> No. 156167
I just reread part of the thread, and now know Yuuka had a problem with Tenshi, not us. But that's okay, since Tenshi was trying to goad Yuuka into a fight in the first place. We don't want to run away anymore, right? But Tenshi wants to run away from Iku who is totally looking for her. Maybe.

Soo... if Yuuka wants the shrinking reversed... Rikako had to use a rare part from Eientei to make that thing. Let's rob Eientei. This is a good idea that cannot possibly go wrong.

Have a rambling additional write-in.

[x] And sorry for stinking. Wait, do I stink right now? I don't know if I stink right now, with the lake of blood and everything. What's up with this place? Why so nostalgic?

Now to reread the entire story~
>> No. 156168
Does he knows who she is yet? i may have missed it.
>> No. 156169
Talk, talk... I know!

[x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...
---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?
>> No. 156170
[x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...
---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?

I laughed, I shook my head and I facepalm'd. This vote seems quite in character for our protagonist.
>> No. 156171
x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...
---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?
>> No. 156172
[x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her. Let me tell you how I met your mother.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...
---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?


This is perfectly retarded, while being kind of logic. Perfect.
>> No. 156173
[x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her. Let me tell you how I met your mother.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...
---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?

This is pretty perfect.
>> No. 156174
[x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her. Let me tell you how I met your mother.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...
---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?
>> No. 156175
>>156172
Oh god. I made the reference but I forgot to put it in words. I love you (not gay)

[x]Change >>156169 for >>156172
>> No. 156176
>>156175
Oh no, you don't love me. Trust me on that one.
>> No. 156178
[x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her. Let me tell you how I met your mother.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...
---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?
>> No. 156179
[x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her. Let me tell you how I met your mother.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...

---[x]...

---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?
>> No. 156180
>>156168
>>Does he knows who she is yet? i may have missed it.

No, the MC has no clue who the little green-haired girl is, just as she doesn't yet know he isn't just some creation of her dream.

In a way, they're on almost even terms.
Not for very much longer, though, apparently...
>> No. 156181
Writefag, this vote has a huge fun potential.
Don't waste it, and make us laugh.
>> No. 156182
[x] You remind me of someone. You have the same hair, same glare, look alike, and... maybe you're her daughter? Anyway, let me tell how I met her. Let me tell you how I met your mother.
-[x] (...)
--[x] And that's why I'm looking for her to apologize and make amends for turning her into a kid, but I can't find her. She is now more or less your age and is usually near flower fields, just like you were. Wait a minute...
---[x] Do you think she'd like to have dinner with me?
>> No. 156183
>>156181
Oh, come on, you don't need to tell him that. This writefag's one of the best (currently the best IMO) comedy writers on the site, I think he can recognize an amusing vote and use it to its full potential.
>> No. 156185
Watch the pressure, you guys.
>> No. 156186
File 133620796888.jpg - (123.11KB , 593x837 , PRESSURE WHAT PRESSURE AHAHAAHAHA.jpg ) [iqdb]
156186
What to talk about...
What to talk about...

The weather?
No, too general.
There's not much 'weather' that you can see, anyway, save for a single, dark cloud in the distance.

This weird lake, then? Perhaps why this little girl seems perfectly comfortable here, almost as if she were familiar with it?
No, no, far too much potential to be informative.

If your experiences have taught you anything, it's that the less you know about something, the better you are at it, whether it's a game at a festival stall or...well, mostly games at festival stalls, really.
You never really understood how, but just about every time anyone explained how a game was supposed to be played, it would become instantly unwinnable for you, no matter how well you did before learning the so-called 'rules'.

No, best to just plunge forward into the unknown, and rely upon blind, dumb luck to see you through, just as it has so many times in the past.
Aside, of course, from all the times it has not.


“I. Am. Waiting~.” the girl says, as the feeling that she reminds you of someone grows stronger and stronger by the minute.

But who? Who does she remind you of, with that dangerous glare, like a predator staring down its prey?

...no, not just the glare.
Her hair, too, reminds you of someone.
So long...
So...green...

“...you remind me of someone.” you say, finally.
Yes, you don't know how or why, but somehow this little girl before you reminds you of someone you met before.


Oh?” the girl says, a look of either surprise or realization flashing across her face for the briefest of instants. “I remind you of someone~?”


There was no doubt about it, now.
This girl, in her hat and pajamas, looking at you the way she was...

She reminds you of her.

Could they be related, you wonder?
You wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, actually.
A little sister?
Older sister?
You never could work out how age and the appearance of age worked

Then, perhaps...her daughter?
This girl certainly looks enough like her, that you could easily imagine her looking very much like this when she was this girl's age.


“Yeah, you remind me of someone I met before.” you tell the girl. “I don't know if you're related or not, but she looked a lot like you do.”

Oh~? She looked like me~?” she asks, sounding strangely amused by your words.

“Yep, a lot like you.” you nod. “Your hair, your eyes, the kinda creepy way you keep looking at me...she could be your mother, for all I know. Maybe she is? Maybe, maybe not, but would you like me to tell you about how I met her?”

“Oh yes~.” the little girl smiles. “I love stories~!”

“Alright, then. Here's what happened...”
>> No. 156187
[X] Totally unrelated scenebreak event involving random characters and scenarios.
-[X] Kotohime has to arrest that dragon for kidnapping Kaguya. Even if he did it to show off a really sweet lair. It's not like she's jealous or anything for being ignored in favor of that other princess. It's the principle of the matter!
>> No. 156188
>No, no, far too much potential to be informative.
I lol'd.

[X] Totally unrelated scenebreak event involving random characters and scenarios.
-[X] All you want is some peace and quiet. Do they think your earmuffs are for show? Stop that 'punk' concert at all costs!
>> No. 156189
Think he's doing a multi post update. If we are voting however...

[X]Continue with main story

This shit is hilarious!
>> No. 156190
[X]Continue with main story

Is it wrong to want to see her reaction in full?
>> No. 156197
File 133624614123.jpg - (84.52KB , 700x856 , 2d61bf7d8876cbeba667b7e9a3dccaee.jpg ) [iqdb]
156197
>>156189
>>Think he's doing a multi post update.

Yes. Yes I am.
>> No. 156198
>>156197
I can't stop from laughing.
>> No. 156225
File 133629330686.png - (1.10MB , 1016x744 , Meeeeeeeeemoriiieeeeees.png ) [iqdb]
156225
Did you know, there are three kinds of youkai?
Those who seek strength, those who live for pride, and those who can read the tide of battle.
...and then there are those who don't need to read the tide of battle, because they can break reality simply by yawning.
And those who just want something to eat.
Or drink.
Or party.
Or to be left alone.
Or to bother everybody they can.

Well, okay, so there's more than the three.
A lot more.
It's actually pretty amazing, when you think about the sheer diversity of-

Oh! Right, right, sorry. The story.

Anyway, it was a cold and snowy day...but not really.
It was actually fairly nice, as I recall, and I had just settled down for a nice, mid-afternoon nap.

I don't quite remember what I was doing, or where I was, but I knew I felt safe.

Secure.

At peace.


And then I woke up...



“Oh my~! Oh my~! What's this~? What's this~?”


A sudden jolt and a sensation of pain ran through my body, shaking me awake.

I was on the ground.
I had fallen.

I looked up, and saw something looking back at me.
A pair of eyes, redder than blood, gazing down at me with cruel amusement.



“Are you something I can eat~? Are you~? Are you~?”


The girl looming over me, I tried to get away, but couldn't.
It must have been a while since I had eaten.
What little strength I had left despite the hunger had been depleated by the pain of the fall.

I couldn't move, and the girl- no, the monster looking down upon me knew it.



“I think you are~! You are~! You are~!”


I tried to struggle. To resist.
But no matter what I did, it seemed to only make me weaker.

It was the end for me.
Try as I might, I was going to die there.

I didn't want to, of course.

She knew that, too, yet she was still going to kill me.
If anything, the knowledge of that fact made her enjoy it all that much more.



“Ooh, it's so funny when you do the flap, flap, flap~! But you can't run, you can't~! You can't~! Don't worry, though~! It will only hurt once~!


As she opened her mouth, I could see the rows of sharp teeth within.

I closed my eyes.
I couldn't stand to watch what was about to happen.
Feeling it was going to be bad enough.

But then, just as I began to feel her breath on my face...



“Well, thanks for the mea-OUCH! Who did thaACK!

Feh, that girl. What does she think she's doing, letting pests like this roam around in broad daylight?”

“Oough! You! You!! Go away! Go away! It's snacktime now! Snacktime for RumiAUGH!
“It's time for the little runts to crawl back into their holes, is what it is.”

“No no no no NO! Is time to EAT! Time to GAUGH!

“That amulet scramble your brain, or is it all the trees you slam into? Get lost, pipsqueak, before I start to get cranky and start hitting you with something other than rocks.”

“Hate you! HATE you! Not talk so big when-”

If only I were at my full power, things would be different, yadda yadda yadda. Yeah, yeah, tell me another one.”

“You! YOU! G-ghosty GHOST ghost gho-”

“Annnnnnnnd now, I end you.”

“A-ah?! Aiieeeeeeeeeeeeee! Running! Running! Run run run run ru....”

“Byeeeeeee~! ...now then...oh? Still alive, hm?”


Having heard my assialant fleeing into the distance, I finally dared to open my eyes, only to find another pair of eyes gazing down at me.

Green eyes, framed between green hair, and dressed in the most peculiar pajamas I had ever see-



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Nrgh!” you wince, as your head suddenly throbs in pain.

Your head does that sometimes.
Especially when you think or remember too hard.
At least, you think it does that when you do that.
Does it?

Well, it's doing it now, so that must mean that it does!

Looking over at your companion, she does not appear at all concerned .
If anything, she looks mildly annoyed, though whether it's because you stopped or because of something else, you don't really know.


[ ] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?

[ ] Take a break for questions from the audience. All one of her.

[ ] Conclude your tale for now, those clouds are getting closer...
>> No. 156228
[x] Take a break for questions from the audience. All one of her.

?
>> No. 156229
[x] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?

Asshole, depriving Rumia of her meal...
>> No. 156230
[x] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?

Did we meet Yuuka before the first thread?
>> No. 156232
>>Did we meet Yuuka before the first thread?

Yuuka has red eyes. The only characters I can think of offhand who are drawn with both green hair and greenish eyes are Sanae, Hina, Daiyousei, Wriggle, and Mima.

[x] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?
>> No. 156233
>>156232
Additionally, there's also Kisume, but she'd probably get in a fight with Rumia over who gets to eat him. Shikieiki is a possibility, though a very unlikely one, as she'd probably whack the MC over the head a few times for good measure. Kyouko, while a very good girl, would be too far away from where the MC would be spending his time for her to be the case. Wig Wearing Parsee can be considered a possibility, though that brings up the disturbing question of where she got the wig from. Soga no Tojiko shouldn't have been around by this point though, so she can be dismissed.
>> No. 156234
>>156233
>>“You! YOU! G-ghosty GHOST ghost gho-”

It's either Mima or Soga.
>> No. 156235
File 133630329812.jpg - (323.70KB , 1024x768 , 5227628.jpg ) [iqdb]
156235
Is this when he learned how to throw rocks?
>> No. 156236
[X] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?

Hmm... Yuuka did have green eyes before, but the ghost line point to Mima.
>> No. 156238
>>156234
Mima was our teacher too! I wonder if he thaught something else besides rock-throwing.

[x] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?

BACKSTORY
>> No. 156248
[x] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?
>> No. 156261
[X] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?

Tricky backstories, never appearing until you're asked to recap.
>> No. 156265
>>156233
>>Wig Wearing Parsee can be considered a possibility, though that brings up the disturbing question of where she got the wig from.

Nah, wig or no wig, Parsee would have just skipped the rock-throwing and went straight to shanking the little man-eater.
>> No. 156304
[ ] Take a break for questions from the audience. All one of her.

Did not expect Mima (or whoever). I am amused, though Yuka seems to not be.
>> No. 156309
[x] Continue the story, you're getting to the good part! ...maybe. Or not?

Do want more Mima.
>> No. 156311
File 133664076959.jpg - (581.39KB , 1500x2121 , too tired to think of a decent file name.jpg ) [iqdb]
156311
A-anyway, where was I?

Oh, right!

With the horrible monster chased away, I was safe, but still on the ground and unable to move.
Still basically helpless, I could do nothing but look up at my rescuer.



“...of course, you might not be for much longer if you stay like that.”


Hovering over me as she was, she could see and understand my plight completely, with no need for explanations on my part.

Indeed! As we gazed I gazed into her eyes, and she into mine, it was as if an invisible bond had been formed!

It was then that I knew, she was not merely someone who had come to my rescue.
She was one who could teach me! Guide me!
She would be my master, and I, her pupil!



“Well, sucks to be you! Anyway, see you...hm. Never, I guess.”


And with that, my new found teacher floated off into the sunset.

I know not where she went, or why, but I would never forget what she had done for me that day.

She had saved my life, true, but she had done something far more precious and valuable.
She had taught me to live!

Truly, by doing nothing else but leave me lying helplessly on the ground, she had done more for me than anyone could ever have done by doing something other than nothing!
She taught me that one cannot wait for others to come and pick them up, but that one must stand up on their own two feet, with their own strength!

Also, that rocks have mysterious, youkai-deterring powers.
Especially when thrown at their heads



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“...that's it?” the girl asks, clearly impressed by your tale.

“Well, not exactly.” you admit. “Sometimes the rocks don't deter the youkai so much as make them cranky and irritable.”

No[/i], that woman. [b]What, exactly, makes you think she has anything to do with me?”

“What, isn't it obvious?”

Humor me.”

“Okay. Two ducks walk into a bar. One says to the other-w-WAH?!” you begin to say, only to be interrupted by the girl suddenly grabbing you by the throat.

“Do not mock me.”the girl says, glaring at you coldly. “That woman. What of her?”

“Who, your mother?”

“She is n-...yes. Yes, my mother. How ever did you realize we were related?”

“Oh, come on! It's totally obvious! It's because, well, you know.”

“No, I don't~! Because of what?”

“Oh, you know. Her hair's green. Your hair's green. She had green eyes. You have green eyes. ...they're looking kinda reddish now, though. Do you have allergies?”

“You could say that. Anything else~?”

“Well, yeah! Your clothes? Totally alike.”

“How so~?”

“Pointy hat? Nightgown? Of course, she didn't have a big watch like you do. Then again, she also didn't have legs like you do, either. So, that evens it out.”

“...what.”

“Or, wait, if she had the legs, and you didn't have the watch...hm, no, that doesn't work either...”

“Right. We're done here.” the girl says, looking completely unamused, before suddenly flashing you a cute-yet-unsettling smile. “I hope you like swimming~!”

“Actually, I've never really been all that fond of...” you reply, trailing off as you become increasingly aware of how dangerously close you were to the edge of the raft.

So close.

So very, very close.

So close that just about anyone near you could shove you right off.
Or drop you.
Or throw you.

It probably wouldn't even be that hard, really.

All it would take was for someone to be close enough to you, and willing to do it.

And, right now? This girl looks willing to do it.


[ ] “Do it!”

[ ] “Don't do it!”

[ ] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”

[ ] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”

[ ] (write-in)
>> No. 156312
[X] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”
>> No. 156313
[X] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”

Aunt maybe? that would definitely explain the lack of legs, maybe.

And obviously...

[X] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”

It should be an implicit vote.
>> No. 156314
[X] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”

Since he's talked himself into this mess he should just keep talking and eventually he'll say something that reverses all the other stupid shit he just said. Dinner is a good a subject as any, as we've already passed the subject of rocks.
>> No. 156315
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”

[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”

In that order.
>> No. 156316
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”
[x] “Do it!”

Multivoting for something that won't win.
>> No. 156317
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”
[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”

DO EET.
>> No. 156318
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”
[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”

Yep
>> No. 156320
That wasn't the intention of the mother vote... which is amazing. Goddamn plot twists.

[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”
>> No. 156321
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”

[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”
>> No. 156324
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”

I love you for still writing this.
>> No. 156325
[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”
>> No. 156327
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”
[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”
>> No. 156332
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”
[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”

We are going to kill this poor bastard. And it shall be glorious.
>> No. 156336
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”
[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”

If we ask to wine and dine every Touhou we meet, it's gonna end up like a bad harem anime with 20+ in our guy's group...

So what are we waiting for?
>> No. 156337
>>156336

Hah, you act as if we can even get to the Harem Route. Most likely, we'll screw someone up and reach the nice boat ending.
>> No. 156341
>>156337
I don't know... if this was a more normal story, the decisions made would have killed the MC 9001+ times over.
>> No. 156343
>>156341
The decisions DID kill the MC several times over.
>> No. 156350
>>156343
Not early as many times as they should have. And I'm still hoping people voting here only use such 'special' thinking in this story as if it's used in any other it'd be a death sentence to it.
>> No. 156353
[x] “I'm wrong about the 'mother' thing, aren't I?”
[x] “So, uh, wanna have dinner, sometime?”
>> No. 156361
>>156350

Doesn't the MC only have one extra life left?
>> No. 156362
>>156350

Doesn't the MC only have one extra life left?
>> No. 156369
Updates?
>> No. 156370
File 13370157858.jpg - (619.11KB , 850x1200 , 26228798_p9.jpg ) [iqdb]
156370
>>156369
Working on it, but writing time has been sparse these past few days.

To make up for it, have a sleepy bird.
>> No. 156371
>>156370
I'm reminded of how great Okuu'd be to cuddle on a cold winter night.
>> No. 156372
File 133706648831.jpg - (245.68KB , 750x750 , let's FLY motherfuckers.jpg ) [iqdb]
156372
Alright, status report: updates will probably happen within the next 24 hour period, give or take an hour.

There will probably be choices you will have to make.

I will probably be looking forward to what they are.

Probably.
>> No. 156402
File 133716113642.jpg - (793.32KB , 1000x1423 , do what now.jpg ) [iqdb]
156402
“So, um, I'm guessing I'm wrong about the whole 'mother' thing, aren't I?” you ask.

“Probably~!” the girl says, the cheerful lilt in her voice doing nothing to dispel the whole 'ready and willing to shove you into the lake' vibe you seem to be getting from her, right now.

The way she was slowly pushing you over the side of the raft wasn't really helping much, either.

The front of your robe tightly gripped in her hand, the girl was now basically holding the upper half of your body over the blood-red lake. Completely at her mercy, you can do little else but attempt to reason with the girl.

“Please don't drop me in the lake.”

“No~!”

Clearly, reasoning was not going to work with her.
Somehow, you doubt bullshit would fare any better.
With the complete lack of rocks or rock-like objects in the general vicinity, you realize your options for conflict-resolution have been almost completely exhausted.

Almost.

With nothing left to lose, you steel yourself and unleash your ultimate move!

“Look, clearly we've gotten off on the wrong foot.” you begin, doing your best to remain calm and confident in the face of impending doom. Or, at least, impending moistness. “I'm sure if we could just talk things over, we would resolve a lot of things, though! Perhaps over some food and drink, maybe? I guess what I'm asking is, would you like to have dinERBLARGLH-”

Suddenly, your vision goes red, thick liquid flows into your open mouth, and you feel your entire body being enveloped by something cold and sticky.

The girl on the raft is now nothing more than a dark silhouette, slowly rising up and away from you.

Or are you sinking?

It's quite hard to tell, really.

Aside from the shadow of the raft above you, now little more than a formless blob, you can see nothing else around you that might serve as a point of reference.

Just red.
Lots and lots of red.

Red here.

Red there.

Red everywhere.


Red red red red red red red red red red red
red red red red red red red red red red red red
red red red red red red red red red red red red
red red red red red red bubble red red red red red red
bubble red red red red red red huge dark thing red red re-

...wait a minute.

'What's that?' you wonder to yourself, gazing down at the large, dark mass below you.

The large, dark, vaguely building-shaped mass.


The longer you stare at it, the more you realize that you actually are seeing what you think you're seeing.

A house. A very, very, very big house.

A mansion, really.


...also, you're not breathing.
You realize that, too.

You wonder if one might be related to the other, somehow.

Is it normal for someone to see buildings in places there should not be buildings when their brain is being deprived of oxygen?

Is it normal to stop breathing while seeing buildings in places there should not be buildings, for that matter?

You don't know how that would work, but you also don't know how to know that your head feel dizzy funny world go dark dark time like the last time the last time to sleep to sleepy sleep sleep sl e e e p













- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Owww!” you groan, awakening to the alarmingly-familiar sensation of your head striking something hard.

Or, in this case, something hard striking your head.

“Su-san? I think that one's gonna be too big to...huh?” you hear Medicine speaking from somewhere above you.

Opening your eyes, you see your little friend standing over you, looking around in confusion as alarmed-sounding voices call out from somewhere nearby. The reason for their alarm becomes apparent mere seconds later, as a giant, profanity-screaming bird swoops across the sky with blinding speed.

Jumping slightly, Medicine lets out a surprised yelp at the sight of the massive creature, while Su-san drops the rather large rock she had been trying to carry over.

“What was that?!” Rikako's voice asks.

“Heh! Never thought I'd see...” Yuugi begins to say, trailing off as you begin to hear heavy footsteps approaching. “Ha! There ya are!” Sunflower stalks flattening under her every step, the oni stomps into view, sporting her usual grin.

“Hey, Yuugi!” you say, smiling back at the horned woman.

“Hey, kiddo!” she replies. “Who's the kid?”

“Kid?” you ask, following Yuugi's gaze to the spot just beside you.

Sure enough, sleeping peacefully beside you, there was a young girl clad in pink.

“Oh, her.” you say, as your memories of the past few minutes come rushing back to you. “Yeah, we kinda found her out here like this, so I thought we should take her with us, and then...um...”

“You fell down, Human!” Medicine says, looking somewhat worried. “You stopped moving and fell down and you wouldn't say anything!“

“Yeah, I guess I fell asleep or something. Sorry.”

“Well, yer awake now, and that's what matters. Now, c'mon! Let's get up, huh?”


With a simple nod of agreement, you pick yourself up off the ground, brush some of the dirt from your robe, and once again carefully scoop the sleeping little girl up into your arms, trying your best not to disturb her.

Hmm. You are a bold one, aren't you~?

...or so you thought.

Her eyes now wide open, the girl in your arms looks up at you with a curious and mildly-unsettling expression.

“Oh, did I wake you?” you ask, uncertain if you should be relieved or worried by the girl's apparent lack of concern for the fact that she just woke to find some stranger holding her in his arms. “Uh, sorry about that!”

Oh my, no~!” the girl says, smiling. “Not yet, you're not~!


Smiling at you the way she was at that moment, red eyes twinkling with a dangerous glint, you find yourself somehow reminded of that woman from the flower field.

In fact, looking at this girl, you would almost think she was a miniature version of that woman.

That woman who Tenshi had tried to pick a fight with, and then crushed with a giant rock.

That woman who tracked you all the way to the clinic in the bamboo forest.

That woman you had asked Rikako to help you deal with by making something that would make her smaller or something like that.

That woman you had used said device on, thus setting off the chain of events that led you to spending the previous night underground.

Yes, indeed, if that device had actually worked as intended, you might almost expect the result to look very much like the girl you now held in your very arms, save for the change in attire.

Yes, it was almost as if this girl was...




















OH.




[ ] Scream.

[ ] Faint.

[ ] Panic.

[ ] Deny.

[ ] Deflect.

[ ] Accept.
>> No. 156403
[x] Deflect.

Clearly the daughter.
>> No. 156404
[X] Scream.

High pitched schoolgirl time!
>> No. 156406
[x] drop her on her head, and cry like a little girl
>> No. 156407
[x] Accept.

This feels like the boring "right" option. Picking it anyway.
>> No. 156408
[x] Deflect.

Panicking (and it's variations) or Accepting are the sensible options. Thus, Deflecting.
>> No. 156409
[x] Accept.
>> No. 156410
[x] Accept.
Yeah let's go with this.
>> No. 156411
[x] Accept

The MC has finally used his head! Take advantage of the situation!
>> No. 156412
[x] Accept.

I admit the deflect option has me curious, though simply accepting the fact that this is Yuka without a care or worry is also amusing.
>> No. 156414
[x] Deflect.
>> No. 156415
[X] Accept
Because she is just so adorable. That's definitely a good enough reason to take a homicidal grudge-bearing youkai with you, right?
>> No. 156418
File 133720051856.jpg - (101.22KB , 640x480 , 6804.jpg ) [iqdb]
156418
Clearly the only real choice is [x]Genuflect

[x] Accept
Sounds good to me.
>> No. 156419
>“Uh, sorry about that!”
>“Oh my, no~!”/i] the girl says, smiling. [i]“Not yet, you're not~!”

This will be fun. For Yuuka.

[x] Accept.
>> No. 156422
[x] Deflect.
>> No. 156423
[x] Accept.
>> No. 156424
>>156415
>adorable
>homicidal grudge-bearing youkai
It was good enough reason for our other three.
>> No. 156426
[x] Accept.