#039;s Quest 14 | THP - The Destination for Touhou fans

[Return]
Archived Thread

File 133357030450.jpg - (183.83KB , 700x700 , 4f61ddde29f6c5660e862bacc5d5a3adc3812400.jpg ) [iqdb]
155039 No. 155039
No time to loaf around in bed. There's work to be done, squads to assign, and equipment to redistribute.

.... Even with Tabuki's most sincere reassurances that she intends to return the equipment, and that she shouldn't need it while she's training as a Miko, Morte is less than thrilled with this last. She does, however, grudgingly disarm. Smiling too-widely, with her teeth grit to the point where it seems they could shatter at any moment, knuckles a little white as the spoils are re-allocated along with the other pieces of equipment.

She almost seems even more aggrieved by the fact that her shiny metal boots are now sitting off to the side, with the mended but similarly unused Miko garment, seeming to feel somehow that being stripped of them and having them left unused entirely is worse, somehow, than having them used by someone else.

No matter. Along with the other three candidates, that group is sent off immediately, and the new maid uniforms are handed off to their owners, just in time for the wearers to make it to the day's work, prepared in the proper attire, this time.

And now it's time for Magic.

Orin's spell works as advertised, tiny cracks in the skeleton's bones knitting back together and sealing over with the magical infusion, leaving it once more in perfect condition to head out to battle, though it hadn't taken particularly much damage, as it happened. The drain of 'healing' it was... minimal, at best. Tabuki could confidently say that she was pretty sure she could use this spell all day to heal, without too much trouble. -25mp: Ash = 90/90hp, Tabby = 7009mp

She could only wish that repairing BARRIER was so effortless. Nevertheless, though significantly more draining and likely wasteful, the outpouring of mystical energy replenishes the strange construct's own reserves. d100=21, -1701mp: BARRIER = 115/115hp, Tabby = 5308mp

Two of the squads are now prepared for their battles, and leave immediately. The third does as well, but will have to delay the actual assault until their final member arrives.

Akira watches, from a little distance, as Tabuki draws from the thin, slightly oppressive miasma of the entrance to the hells a wispy, tiny strand of ethereal energy. A mote, as it were, of a spirit in the area, shed and left behind without any more thought than a cat would give to a fallen hair. Or perhaps one of the scattered and muted remnants of the whole of a once more powerful soul, torn asunder until there would be no way of putting any of the pieces back together without all of the world's luck used at once.

The blade flickers dimly at its infusion, taking on a touch of the properties of the fragment of spirit. It's edge glints, maybe a bit brighter. It doesn't seem to have picked up anything spectacular, though.

Spirit-touched 2H PM Sword- Gives +4 damage, two handed weapon. Gives an additional +1 non-elemental damage.

Akira takes it back and makes haste for the battlefield. Her squad is waiting her her presence before the fight can start.

Tabuki, in turn, heads for the Kappa complex. With any luck, Nitori will be available.

She's not immediately, but it isn't too long before she arrives, wiping her hands with a grease-stained rag.

"Need something? Not heading up a troop today, I see."

"I have a few things to ask about." Tabuki admits, getting straight to business. "First... I'd like to know if there are ways to shut down or disrupt the turrets' functions without involving their destruction."

"Well, yeah. That's what I'm doing, after all..."

"I had rather meant... something that I could have my troops do." Tabuki clarifies.

... Nitori starting to laugh is not exactly a promising sign.

"Oh wow. No, sorry." The Kappa says, cheerily, once her amusement dies down. "Shutting them down for you, and setting them up so they shouldn't bug you after? That's one thing. Basically teaching you how to mess around with our defense systems however and whenever you feel like it? That's another cucumber entirely. So sorry, but that's something I really can't do."

"I see... a shame." Tabuki says. "It would have made things far simpler on my part."

"Yeah, I'll bet. But even if your word is binding, that's not the sort of info I can just give out to anyone."

"Moving along... you spend time on the surface, I understand? I've been tasked with the delivery of a letter, to a certain person's ex-pupil of magical studies. The only information I have aside from that is that she should reside in the Forest of Magic..."

"Hmm... don't know how much help I can give you there. Unless some new person's set up shop in those parts since I last ended up in that area, there should only be two serious magicians in that area. Not exactly what you'd call 'close' with either of them..."

"The name 'Mima'. Does it spark any recollections?"

"Nope. Can definitely say that I've never heard that name from either of them." Nitori replies. Tabuki must have seemed a little crestfallen, though, because she continues.

"I'll tell you what I can, though. Let's see... the first one, I know better. Marisa Kirisame. For the most part, she peddles potions and flashy fireworks sometimes. If you pay her, though, she'll also perform 'monster hunting' duties, and that sort of thing. Nice enough girl. Sticky fingers, though. It's usually best not to let her walk too close to anything small and valuable, or she might pocket it without even realizing herself. Friendly, though. Doesn't seem to... really get that those other two aren't as close friends with her as she thinks she is with them, though. But nice enough. The other... Alice Margatroid. Her, I don't really know too well. Not nearly as social, or friendly. So there's not much I could tell you, about her."

Nitori pauses for a few minutes, seeming to consider the matter deeply.

"... If it's from someone who taught whoever you're looking for..." she says slowly, seeming to be thinking it through in her head. "... Yeah. I'm pretty sure the one you want is Alice, then. From what I've seen of their magics, hers seems a lot more... I don't know, refined and disciplined? Definitely closer to what you could inspect from diligent instruction and proper learning. Marisa... well, her stuff seems a lot more eclectic. Mostly stuff she sees other people do, then steals the concept and hammers at it until she can make it work. Not to say that she's a bad magician, because she's actually really good, but... Well, I don't really know for sure, but at my best guess she just picked up some magic books when she was little, and decided that she was going to be a witch when she grew up. And then made that happen."

"I see. You're sure of this?" Tabuki asks.

"Well, like I said, I don't really know for sure. Not close enough to either of them to ask detailed stuff about when they were little, or anything. But from what I've seen and thinking about it reasonably... yeah, it's probably more likely that Alice is the one you want."

"Very well then, I'll keep that in mind. For the time being, though... I would like to take another try at learning what you can tell me about Engineering. With any luck, I'll be able to grasp it this time..."

"Hoo boy, here we go. Well, alright then..."

Intd10=10, Luckd10=5

... It's no use. No matter how it's explained, the fundamental concepts themselves refuse to click comfortingly into her mental grasp. Nitori looks kind of annoyed, a few hours later, when you are revealed to have not retained anything of the lecture, a second time, but then she just shrugs.

"Well, I know you're smart. Couldn't not be, given how you and Okuu've chatted. This sort of thing just doesn't seem to agree with your brain, though. Can't really help it. There's always going to be some things some people are good at, snd some things that they aren't."

"Ugh... this seems like it should be fairly simple, too, and yet..." Tabuki groans.

"Hey, don't worry about it, like I said. Of course... well, I can't really spend all of my time trying to teach something when it looks like it's really not sticking." Nitori admits. "I mean, I don't mind chatting with you so much, but it really seems like this is a waste of effort, here. And I do have other work to get done."

"I understand that, but... maybe if we went through it from the top, once more?" Tabuki asks.

"Sorry, but I don't feel like it." Nitori says, shaking her head. "Definitely not today, anyway. Maybe it's just that there's too much on your mind right now, or something. For now, let's hold off on another shot, maybe until you've finished up dealing with the fairy issues on this floor."

.... That seems to be all there is to say on the matter. Tabuki gets the feeling that she won't even be able to sway the Kappa into explaining again until she's either finished the job here, or improved her disposition through some other means.

---

'-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]' is now '-- [ ] Engineering [Influence/Int/Luck]'.

[ ] Action?

>> No. 155042
[x]Ask if Okuu's going to be available at some point, you've gone through most of physics books at Satori's and you'd like to see if she'd be up for providing further lessons.
-[x]If she's not, or is going to be a while, go get more gravity practice in. You aren't going to have any sudden breakthroughs, but it needs to get done. While you know you can do this anywhere, you'd like to be of assistance to Nitori, even if it's just a bit of data.
>> No. 155044
Ah ah, oh wow. Now we get to see who can really roleplay with the info we got on the two magicians.
>> No. 155046
Wish we'd gotten for a name. Damnit. Don't suppose we could ask Satori for any info on the forest mages...
>> No. 155047
We… we never asked for her name, did we? And now Nitori has given us such an amount of misinformation that we would have to check Alice out first. Can anyone think of a non-meta way to get us out of this?
>> No. 155049
>>155047
We need someone to guide us in the forest in the first place. So we should probably look for someone who won't mind saving our ass from her. Or we ask someone more likely to know which magician is the correct one: Nitori's opinion was more of a guess after all. That's the only way I see it.
>> No. 155050
>'-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]' is now '-- [ ] Engineering [Influence/Int/Luck]'.

I can't fucking believe it. Not only once, but twice!? Holy fuck Kahi, what the hell is wrong with your die?
>> No. 155052
Maybe it's the same as D&D knowledge checks: you don't get to roll again to see if you suddenly know something about Count Visar-khan or whatever.

At least, I hope that's what it is. Because if I didn't trust Kahi, I'd be pretty suspicious that the die came up exactly the same.
>> No. 155055
[x] Accept your apparent incompetence with Engineering.
[x] Thank Nitori for her time, and go back to the palace.
-[x] Ask Satori if she has the time to answer an idle question you have.
--[x] You have had the thought of possibly hollowing out a cavern within one your territories and building something in it to use later on (the matter of what is being built doesn't matter at the moment), which lead you to wonder, what exactly is required and forbidden in such a venture?
-[x] Read book: Basic Atomic Theorems.
>> No. 155056
[x] Accept your apparent incompetence with Engineering.
[x] Thank Nitori for her time, and go back to the palace.
-[x] Ask Satori if she has the time to answer an idle question you have.
--[x] You have had the thought of possibly hollowing out a cavern within one your territories and building something in it to use later on (the matter of what is being built doesn't matter at the moment), which lead you to wonder, what exactly is required and forbidden in such a venture?
-[x] Read book: Basic Atomic Theorems.

Yeah, much better.

To those who don't know what >>155055 is thinking about, we've been talking with Kahi about building a Coliseum and train fairies there. Yes, it is possible, and Kahi already told us a few restrictions of use.
>> No. 155058
[x] >>155055

Why not?
>> No. 155062
Not really happy with Basic Atomic Theorems, as that was most likely covered in Tabby's first chat with Okuu and Nitori. Chemistry would probably be a better pick if you want to continue with the sciences.

While I'm here...

>>155042 here, add [x]If a book is read at some point, go for Chemistry: A Core Study
>> No. 155063
[x] Accept your apparent incompetence with Engineering.
[x] Thank Nitori for her time, and go back to the palace.
-[x] Ask Satori if she has the time to answer an idle question you have.
--[x] You have had the thought of possibly hollowing out a cavern within one your territories and building something in it to use later on (the matter of what is being built doesn't matter at the moment), which lead you to wonder, what exactly is required and forbidden in such a venture?
[x]Read Chemistry: A Core Study
>> No. 155064
[x] Accept your apparent incompetence with Engineering.
[x] Thank Nitori for her time, and go back to the palace.
-[x] Ask Satori if she has the time to answer an idle question you have.
--[x] You have had the thought of possibly hollowing out a cavern within one your territories and building something in it to use later on (the matter of what is being built doesn't matter at the moment), which lead you to wonder, what exactly is required and forbidden in such a venture?
[x]Read Chemistry: A Core Study

Sure, why not. Can’t think of anything better to do.
>> No. 155065
[x] Accept your apparent incompetence with Engineering.
[x] Thank Nitori for her time, and go back to the palace.
-[x] Ask Satori if she has the time to answer an idle question you have.
--[x] You have had the thought of possibly hollowing out a cavern within one your territories and building something in it to use later on (the matter of what is being built doesn't matter at the moment), which lead you to wonder, what exactly is required and forbidden in such a venture?
[x]Read Chemistry: A Core Study

I like this idea of building an Arena.
>> No. 155076
[x] Thank Nitori for her time
[x] Apologies for your lack of social grace's, and not thinking to at least bring a gift for her time.
[x] Go look for the Bookstore

1. The bookstore might have books that are clearly about magic.
2. The owner will most likely be happy to show tabby which book would be what she is looking for
3. Their are already plenty of open places on the area's tabby knows
4. Without a spell to move earth it takes a wild magic roll to rearrange the area, which could easily fail with her luck, while severely depleting her magic pool
>> No. 155077
>>155076

1. The bookstore might have books that are clearly expensive.
2. The owner will most likely be happy to show tabby which book will end up costing her lots of money.
3. We still need Satori's permission to fuck around
4. If it involves luck at all.
>> No. 155078
File 133367783735.jpg - (833.22KB , 800x1131 , 23245a5399aa183e8ca6a5ceac03909f.jpg ) [iqdb]
155078
Well, clearly no help for it. There's no way that she'll be getting anywhere with things today. Tabuki makes her excuses and retreats, a bit disappointed at the continued failure.

Perhaps next time.

For the moment, there are other discussions to be made.

"You have a question." Satori said, calmly, as she entered the library. She then marked her place in the current novel of the moment, and patiently waited for verbalization of what she already knew.

"I have been considering... 'Landscaping', you might call it, and construction efforts." Tabuki said. "I wished to ask about..."

"Requirements. Restrictions. Proper avenues of conduct, and general details of the matter. Unfortunately political." Satori finished for her, with a slight sigh. "In any case, I will detail them. Use of land space within the city itself or in the immediately surrounding area will require some navigation of the red tape bindings involved in any such matters. First, you will require permission for the use of land. Happily for your case, I am one of the august persons which permission must be sought from, as it were. Smoothing matters over and making the required arrangements such that they encounter the least number of snags along the way... is not outside of the scope of my political reach."

"I see... that would be-"

"I have not said that I will do this for you." Satori interrupts. "And I would request you allow me to finish in full. There is also the matter of taxation to consider."

Tabuki winces.

"In order to run any sort of business within the City bounds, some level of taxation is levied against the use of the land and transactions." Satori continues. "It is minimal, and quite negotiable. Miss Hoshiguma, as I recall, pays her share entirely in beverages and the occasional full meal. It may, of course, be avoided by placing your enterprise sufficiently far from the underground city that it might not be considered to truly be a part of the city at all, and instead be considered a feature of one of the tunnel systems. However, should it be placed that far out of the way, the likelihood of having many customers is minimal. You will find that the majority of youkai, while motivated by amusements, are also quite lazy and will not pursue entertainment they do not consider worth the effort."

Satori considers for a moment.

"... Construction of the matter currently pressing your mind aside, the wisest course of action would be to locate someone both 'trustworthy' and 'competent', and arrange matters so that the enterprise is, at the very least, technically their venture and as such leave things such that the day to day matters of running the business and attending to the required functions and sticky details are not largely any of your concern. You will, of course, be simply one more customer in such an arrangement and will be obliged to pay for any transactions or usage involved." She says, outlining matters.

"So then... I can build this thing. But if I do it too close to the city, then whoever runs it will have to pay taxes on both the land and business, and if I do it too far, there will be no business to tax. I should get someone else to run it for me, because it would apparently be a lot of work, but then I would have to pay to do anything I'd planned with it, but I won't be constantly paying a tax on it, since the person running it would be taking care of that..." Tabuki says, not bothering to keep her thoughts internal, as Satori could take note of them in any case.

"Astutely summarized." Satori says. "You will, of course, have to bring blueprints of some sort forward for consideration and approval before any construction of any sort can begin within the city boundaries. Particularly if your intention is to cut costs by constructing the building through arcane means. Accidental destruction of buildings, should things go wrong, would incur quite the fine, and leave something of a large number of people very upset with you." Satori says, as calmly as though she were discussing the weather. "In addition, I may have a small favor or two to bring to your attention, at one point or another."

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155079
File 133367792785.png - (36.57KB , 1104x1151 , Initial exploratory foray.png ) [iqdb]
155079
Akira, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Henna, Vanice, Alexandria, the Yojimbos, the Fire Flingers, Lamia, and BARRIER.

vs

Spider x6, Lattice Bones x2, Stray Hound x1, MMx2, DMx2

Strategy: d10=4, success. +4hp/+1dam flat bonus.
Total fae = 13: Swarm +0 dam.

---

Akira-x
Bellflower-x
Chris-x
Dominique-x
Henna-x
Vanice-x
Alexandria-x
Ellette- 20 damage to (d2=2) LB2 (60hp)
Honey- 15 damage to LB2 (45hp)
BB- 12 damage to LB2 (33hp)
Yumi- 10 damage to LB2 (23hp)
Indigo- 10 damage to SH (20hp)
Deirdre- 13 damage to SH (7hp)
BARRIER-X
Lamia-x

Spider 1 : LB :2- x
SH- 13 damage to (d15=2) Bellflower (17hp)
MM1-x
MM2-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d15=7) Alexandria (24hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d15=2) Bellflower (15hp)

Akira- 10 damage to SH (KO)
Bellflower- 10 damage to (d6=3) Sp3 (15hp)
Chris- 8 damage to Sp3 (7hp)
Dominique- 9 damage to Sp3 (KO)
Henna- 10 damage to (d5=3) Sp4 (15hp)
Vanice- 6 damage to Sp4 (9hp)
Alexandria- 7 damage to Sp4 (2hp)
Ellette- 18 damage to LB2 (5hp)
Honey- 17 damage to LB2 (KO)
BB- 11 damage to LB1 (69hp)
Yumi- 10 damage to LB1 (59hp)
Indigo- 11 damage to Sp4 (KO)
Deirdre- 9 damage to (d4=2) SP2 (16hp)
BARRIER- x
Lamia- 10 damage to Sp2 (6hp)

Sp1- 3 damage to (d15=11) Yumi (16hp)
-d2=1: Poisoned.
Sp2- 3 damage to (d15=2) Bellflower (12hp)
-d2=1: Poisoned.
Sp5- 6 damage to (d15=8) Ellette (18hp)
-d2=2: Not Poisoned
Sp6- 5 damage to (d15=10) BB (18hp)
-d2=2: Not Poisoned
LB1- 14 damage to (d15=13) Deirdre (4hp)
MM1- 1 damage to (d15= 3) Chris (23hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d15=2) Bell (10hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d15=4) Dominique (23hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d15=11) Yumi (15hp)

Poison Damage:
Bellflower takes 2 damage (8hp)
Yumi takes 1 damage (14hp)

Akira- 9 damage to Sp2 (KO)
Bell- 10 damage to (d3=2) Sp5 (15hp)
Chris- 8 damage to Sp5 (7hp)
Dominique- 10 damage to Sp5 (KO)
Henna- 10 damage to (d2=2) Sp6 (15hp)
Vanice- 6 damage to Sp6 (9hp)
Alexandria- 7 damage to Sp6 (2hp)
Ellette- 19 damage to LB1 (40hp)
Honey- 15 damage to LB1 (25hp)
BB- 12 damage to LB1 (13hp)
Yumi- 11 damage to LB1 (2hp)
Indigo- 7 damage to Sp6 (KO)
Deirdre- 11 damage to Sp1 (14hp)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 6 damage to Sp1 (8hp)

Sp1- 8 damage to (d15=1) Akira (16hp)
-d2=1; Poisoned
LB1- 11 damage to (d15=10) BB (7hp)
MM1- 1 damage to (d15=11) Yumi (13hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d15=10) BB (6hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d15=1) Akira (15hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d15=15) Lamia BARRIER (113hp)

Poison Damage:
Akira takes 1 damage (14hp)
Bellflower takes 2 damage (6hp)
Yumi takes 2 damage (11hp)

Akira- 9 damage to Sp1 (KO)
Bell- 10 damage to (d5=3) MM2 (KO)
Chris- 8 damage to (d4=1) LB1 (KO)
Dominique- 10 damage to (d3=2) DM1 (KO)
Henna- 10 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (KO)
Vanice- 7 damage to MM1 (3hp)
Alexandria- 7 damage to MM1 (KO)

Poison Damage:
Akira takes 2 damage (12hp)
Bellflower takes 1 damage (5hp)
Yumi takes 2 damage (9hp)

Victory
+1bxp to all units
MMA, DMA conscripted
Scouting.

---

Meira, Emerald, the Brawlers, Marshmallow, the Lost Spirits and everything left of the MMs and all the DMs.

vs

ZFx6, aZFx6, Hellhoundx1, Lost Spirit x8, MMx6, DMx2

Total fae: 30, Swarm +1 dam.

---

Emerald-x
Meira- 25 damage to Hellhound, 19 damage to Hellhound (KO)
Russet-x
Finni-x
Vanda-x
Widget-x
Denny-x
Rainy-x
Pebbles-x
Sue-x
Koreka-x
Xerxissa-x
Chiko- 9 damage to (d8=8) LS8 (FULL, 3hp)
Levina- 6 damage to LS8 (KO)
Yumiko- 8 damage to (d7=4) LS4 (FULL, 4hp)
Fabrizia- 5 damage to LS4 (KO)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to (d6=6) LS7 (6hp)
Iona- 5 damage to LS7 (1hp)
Mallea- 6 damage to LS7 (KO)
Ella- 4 damage to (d5=1) LS1 (8hp)
Beatrice- 9 damage to LS1 (KO)
Dena- 3 damage to (d4=4) LS6 (9hp)
Mieszko- 2 damage to LS6 (7hp)
Gakuen- 3 damage to LS6 (4hp)
Usagi- 3 damage to LS6 (1hp)
Onako- 2 damage to LS6 (KO)
Natalie- 3 damage to (d3=2) LS3 (9hp)
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x
Marshmallow- Waits.
Ain- 6 damage to LS3 (3hp)
Soph- 4 damage to LS3 (KO)

ZF1 : aZF6- x
LS2-3 damage to (d33=4) Finni (19hp)
LS5-3 damage to (d33=26) Onako (7hp)
MM 1 : 6- x
DM1- 2 damage to (d33=31) Marshmallow (18hp)
Dm2- 1 damage to (d33=12) Xerxissa (9hp)

Emerald- 17 damage to (d12=4) ZF4 (KO)
Meira- 24 damage to (d6=5) aZF5 (KO), 23 damage to (d5=2) aZF2 (KO)
Russet- 10 damage to (d9=5) ZF6 (5hp)
Finni- 7 damage to ZF6 (KO)
Vanda- 8 damage to (d8=6) aZF3 (14hp)
Widget- 8 damage to aZF3 (6hp)
Denny- 7 damage to aZF3 (KO)
Rainy- 5 damage to (d7=4) ZF5 (10hp)
Pebbles- 4 damage to ZF5 (6hp)
Sue- 5 damage to ZF5 (1hp)
Koreka- 4 damage to ZF5 (KO)
Xerxissa- 4 damage to (d6=2) ZF2 (11hp)
Chiko- 9 damage to (d2=1) LS2 (3hp)
Levina- 7 damage to LS2 (KO)
Yumiko- 8 damage to LS5 (4hp)
Fabrizia- 4 damage to LS5 (KO)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to ZF2 (5hp)
Iona- 6 damage to ZF2 (KO)
Mallea- 5 damage to (d5=2) ZF3 (10hp)
Ella- 4 damage to ZF3 (6hp)
Beatrice- 10 damage to ZF3 (KO)
Dena- 2 damage to (d4=1) ZF1 (13hp)
Mieszko- 2 damage to ZF1 (11hp)
Gakuen- 3 damage to ZF1 (8hp)
Usagi- 3 damage to ZF1 (5hp)
Onako- 3 damage to ZF1 (2hp)
Natalie- 3 damage to ZF1 (KO)
Frances- 10 damage to (d3=2) aZF4 (12hp)
Quinn- 12 damage to aZF4 (KO)
Janice- 12 damage to (d2=2) aZF6 (10hp)
Marshmallow- dawdles
Ain- 4 damage to aZF6 (6hp)
Soph- 6 damage to aZF6 (KO)

aZF1- 5 damage to (d33=4) Finni (14hp)
MM1- 2 damage to (d33=5) Vanda (15hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d33=25) Usagi (9hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d33=3) Russet (14hp)
MM4- 2 damage to (d33=30) Janice (22hp)
MM5- 1 damage to (d33=16) Fabrizia (19hp)
MM6- 1 damage to (d33=3) Russet (13hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d33=2) Meira (118hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d33=11) Koreka (8hp)

Emerald- 18 damage to aZF1(4hp)
Meira- 27 damage to aZF1(KO), 20 damage to (d8=7) DM1 (KO)
Russet- 10 damage to (d7=3) MM3 (KO)
Finni- 7 damage to (d6=4) MM5 (3hp)
Vanda- 9 damage to MM5 (KO)
Widget- 7 damage to (d5=4) MM6) 3hp)
Denny- 8 damage to MM6 (KO)
Rainy- 5 damage to (d4=4) DM2 (5hp)
Pebbles- 5 damage to DM2 (KO)
Sue- 5 damage to (d3=3) MM4 (5hp)
Koreka- 5 damage to MM4 (KO)
Xerxissa- 4 damage to (d2=2) MM2 (6hp)
Chiko- 8 damage to MM2 (KO)
Levina- 7 damage to MM1 (3hp)
Yumiko- 8 damage to MM1 (KO)

Victory.
+1bxp
Conscripted MMB, DMB
Bleak Aura(Z)- d100=44
Bleak Aura(S)- d100=5
LSC 'Aur' Conscripted.

Scouting: CC-2

---

Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Indead, and Ash

vs

Cave Spiderx4, Batx3, MMx2, DMx6

---

Deady-x
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
George-x
Indead-x
Ash-x

Sp1 : MM2-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d6=2) Dead2 (29hp)
Dm2- 2 damage to (d6=1) Deady (35hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d6=2) Dead2 (27hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d6=5) Indead (13hp)
DM5- 2 damage to (d6=3) Newdead (28hp)
DM6- 1 damage to (d6=1) Deady (34hp)

Deady- 15 damage to Bat1 (5hp)
- Deady healed 7hp (37hp, max)
Dead2- 11 damage to Bat1 (KO)
Newdead- 11 damage to Bat2 (9hp)
-Newdead healed 1hp (29hp)
George- 10 damage to Bat2 (KO)
Indead- 7 damage to Bat3 (13hp)
Ash- 32 damage to Bat3 (KO)

Sp1-6 damage to (d6=3) Newdead (22hp)
Sp2-7 damage to (d6=6) Ash (83hp)
Sp3-7 damage to (d6=1) Deady (30hp)
Sp4-4 damage to (d6=6) Ash (79hp)
MM1-2 damage to (d6=2) Dead2 (25hp)
MM2-1 damage to (d6=2) Dead2 (24hp)
DM1-1 damage to (d6=2) Dead2 (23hp)
DM2-2 damage to (d6=1) Deady (28hp)
DM3-1 damage to (d6=4) George (21hp)
DM4-1 damage to (d6=5) Indead (12hp)
DM5-2 damage to (d6=5) Indead (10hp)
DM6-1 damage to (d6=2) Dead2 (22hp)

Deady- 16 damage to Sp1 (9hp)
-Deady healed 8hp (36hp)
Dead2- 11 damage to Sp1 (KO)
Newdead- 11 damage to Sp2 (14hp)
-Newdead healed 1hp (23hp)
George- 10 damage to SP2 (4hp)
Indead- 7 damage to Sp2 (KO)
Ash- 27 damage to Sp3 (KO)

Sp4-8 damage to (d6=1) Deady (28hp)
MM1- 1 damage to (d6=4) George (20hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d6=6) Ash (77hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d6=1) Deady (26hp)
DM2- 2 damage to D6=1) Deady (24hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d6=4) George (18hp)
DM4- 1 damage to (d6=5) Indead (9hp)
Dm5- 1 damage to (d6=5) Indead (8hp)
DM6- 2 damage to (d6=1) Deady (22hp)

Deady- 16 damage to Sp4 (9hp)
-Deady healed 8hp (30hp)
Dead2- 12 damage to Sp4 (KO)
Newdead- 11 damage to MM1 (KO, -1hp)
-Newdead healed 1hp (24hp)
George- 9 damage to MM2 (1hp)
Indead- 7 damage to MM2 (KO, -6hp)
Ash- 26 damage to DM1 (KO, -16hp, Necrophobe)

DM2- 2 damage to (d6=2) Dead2 (20hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d6=5) Indead (7hp)
Dm4- 2 damage to (d6=1) Deady (28hp)
Dm5- 1 damage to (d6=6) Ash (76hp)
DM6- 2 damage to (d6=2) Dead2 (18hp)

Deady- 16 damage to DM2 (KO, -6hp)
-Deady healed 8hp (36hp)
Dead2- 11 damage to DM3 (KO, -1hp)
Newdead- 11 damage to DM4 (KO, -1hp)
-Newdead heals 1hp (25hp)
George- 10 damage to DM5 (KO, 0hp)
Indead- 6 damage to DM6 (4hp)
Ash- 21 damage to DM6 (KO, -17hp, Necrophobe)

Victory!
Without restraint, the undead consume the fallen.
+1 bxp.
Conscripted: MMC(Necrophobe), DMC(Necrophobe)
Scouting: XXV- Eerie passages.

>> No. 155082
[X] Even if you do not go through with the construction (at least in the city), you would still like to hear what the favors Satori asks are.
-[X] Ask if she has any advice she can give on how you could become a better speaker, or at least figure out how to talk to others without them wanting to strangle you.
[x] Thank her for her advice.
[X] Before you forget, make sure to pay for a book to read (the book that won the vote last round).

She might actually be a good person to talk to, given that she has to make up for everybody being freaked out by the mind-reading thing.
>> No. 155083
[X] Before you forget, make sure to pay for a book to read.
[X] Even if you do not go through with the construction, you would still like to hear what the favor Satori asks is.
>> No. 155088
Ok, here are some more fairy names and bios.

01. Ellis Dee: She smells strongly of what she calls "Medicinal Herbs", which she claims is for her poor eyesight.
02. Ama Bala: Obstinate, arrogant, ignorant, and profoundly annoying, Ama prides herself on being "Self-sufficient" and "Not needing any damn help", all while continuing to still remain under the delusion of being a "successful individual" while living in what any other being would classify as abject misery.
03. Mikeko Conid: Mikeko is a devout worshipper of an eldritch god of piracy, beer, and midgets. As a fairy, Mikeko automatically meets with his approval.
04. Togi Ursadon: When asked, she will claim that she may or may not secretly be a bear that's incredibly skilled at disguise. She may or may not also be entirely delusional.
05. Doctor Harris: Aspires to be a respected doctor, and likes practicing for free. Sadly, is not very good at it, and hates how hard it is to get the bloodstains out of her outfits when she's done playing doctor practicing. Can be found working alongside Nurse Rachet.
06. Nurse Rachet: A fairy that calls herself a "Nurse", she has a thoroughly frightening disposition and appearance. Her smile alone is enough to terrify, but the fact that her clothes always have constant, fresh spatters of blood, regardless of whether she is injured or not adds to the persona of terror she creates in the fairies around her. The fact that the blood refuses to dry out doesn't help.
07. Syo Gallo: A fairy with behaviors that border towards being yandere, with seemingly the most random triggers for them.
08. Sandy Fox: A bright and cheerful fairy who extols the virtues of love, justice, and Godzilla! She desires to one day be a ninja/miko, and to defeat a certain troublesome Oni.
09. Greene: Simply known as "Miss Greene", she enjoys creating communities, raising children, and spreading incurable diseases.
10. Janet Stroll: Janet is the rarest of all things, for Janet is a fairy who has no wings, and is quite ashamed of this fact. As a fairy, she considers it the worst sort of disfigurement imaginable. Of course, many other fairies wouldn't be nearly as obsessed about this as Janet apparently is.
>> No. 155089
[X] Before anything else (especially before you have a chance to forget), make sure to pay for a book to read (the book that won the vote last round).
[X] Even if you do not go through with the construction (at least in the city), you would still like to hear what the favors Satori asks are.
-[X] Ask if she has any advice she can give on how you could become a better speaker, or at least figure out how to talk to others without them wanting to strangle you.
[X] Thank her for her advice and time.
>> No. 155090
[x]Thank her for the info, while you don't have the kind of capital to start something like that up right now, it'll come in handy in the future.
[x]Pay for the Chemistry book

The new map bottlenecks into a field of sunflowers. At least we know why that passage was uncontested now~
>> No. 155100
File 133373677617.jpg - (213.81KB , 600x900 , 541b31dd53e25bb045aa64fb418a01e96c51543a.jpg ) [iqdb]
155100
"Well... whether I go through with it or not, I would like to hear what sort of little favors you might have in mind." Tabuki says, slightly wary of promising anything.

"Of course. For the moment, a small, personal matter to consider. Unfortunately, those of my pets which do not find themselves advancing to a higher state of existence generally find their lifespan to be... unfortunately limited. Over the decades, the menagerie dwindles, and there is little to be done." Satori explains. "Those animals commonly found in the underground aren't troublesome to replace: those which dwell on the surface, however..."

"Ah, I see. You mentioned, before, that you were willing to pay for acquisitions." Tabuki notes.

"Indeed. I am hesitant, as it happens, to set one of my pets to the collection of more from the surface. As I cannot go myself, however, an intermediary is required. If you have a moment, I will scribe a list of the most unfortunate absences."

The next minute or two is filled with the scratching of pen against paper, until Satori turns it over for Tabuki's perusal.

Bear
Boar
Crow
Elk
Fox
Goat
Heron
Human
Long-tailed Rat
Macaque
Otter
Raven
Shrew
Sparrow
Tanuki


"This is simply a sampling of the habitations which are currently going unused, of course." Satori says. "And it will likely be somewhat difficult to procure certain of them, lending differing values to their capture and relocation. Should you locate other notable wildlife, however, it will bear consideration. Younger is preferable, of course, due to the general limitations of lifespan. It would be better to collect them in a juvenile state. Bear, however, are noted to be particularly and jealously protective of their young: difficulties may arise in such cases. Additionally, I would prefer for multiple samples, male and female, where possible. Where previous attempts were unsuccessful, it may still be possible to arrange for breeding populations."

.... Sounds like a lot of work.

"I don't doubt that. However, I would not require that you spend the time to collect multiple samples of every single item on the list." Satori notes. "Some pets, however, are more desirable acquisitions than others. In general, I am afraid, this will correspond with the difficulty of their acquisition. But moving along, for the moment. I fear there is little... conversational advice I could give that would outweigh simple personality conflicts, and that you have not guessed at or heard from other sources. I have... advantages. Which make matters simpler and, with the same stroke, rather more difficult. Nevertheless. Politeness is a virtue. As is tact. Demands are a thing to be made only when you are absolutely certain that either your bluff will not be challenged, or that it would not matter if it was. While you look for ways to achieve your goals, it is best to assume that those you speak with are just as deeply contemplating how they might use you to their own ends. In most cases, this assumption will not be proven false. And I believe, now, that you had the matter of a book to discuss?"

Tabuki obligingly makes the payment, and settles in to study chemistry.

It does not appear to be of much use for her current needs, but it seems to link fairly well with atomic workings. Reactions between molecular structures, electrical flow shifting one thing to another with particle movement and exchange...

Well, it's a fairly solid base to work with, a decent grounding regarding the science. Tabuki would by no means call herself a chemist, of course.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155102
Thinking of either going to consult with Yuugi over a few things, or more reading should Satori still be there. Oh, and poking around the City for the bookstore, forgot about that. Thoughts?
>> No. 155104
[x] Have Marshmallow Buttons heal Meira
[x] Ask the fairy's if any of them know the way to the bookstore
[x] if yes go head to the bookstore
[x] if no go looking for the bookstore, taking Emerald, Meira, and Marshmallow Buttons
>> No. 155110
>>155105
I wouldn't mind "Principles of Semicondutor Devices", but I think us reading the "Basics" books may give us the ideas for a few "Spells" we overlooked, but the FOUR ONI are gaining HP each day here. We need to hit this FAST. For those wondering, our fairies CAN do more than 150 Damage each turn, and with Command 2, Butterly Swarm, and a Strategy Roll, each of our fairies will get an additional +5 to their attack on top of that.

- [X] Yuugi.
-- [X] The four oni.
-- [X] Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 150, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [X] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
---- [X] Bet all of your equipment, along with what cash you have, and two favors. If Yuugi's Four Oni win, she gets all of your bet equipment (handed over should you lose AFTER the battle, I.E. you're using it in the fight), cash, and the favors from you. If you win, you'd like to double what equipment you have. If that's not agreeable though, tell her you'd looking to get equipment worth your time here. A bet of equipment for equipment.
>> No. 155111
[x]Talk to Yuugi (in no particular order)
-[x]Ask if she knows anyone who'd want the corpses of the various critters your troops have been disemboweling.
-[x]You've done some reading on investments and such, and while you don't have anywhere near enough cash to actually try it out right now, does she have any advice?
-[x]And, on a related note, you don't have much in the way of cash, does she have any ideas on other kinds of bets the two of you can undertake?
-[x]You'd like to apologize to Parsee for acting like a complete jerk, but you're not really sure how to best go about it, alcohol aside.

I know the last one's not going to get any support, but it's there anyways.
>> No. 155112
[x] If possible, read another book.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
[x] Practice your Gravity/Flight, by flying to Yuugi,s place.
[x] Discuss with Yuugi about possible bets.

Flora and Fauna is kinda necessary now. It will help us to capture the animals Satori requested.
>> No. 155113
>>155111
You again? Didn't >>152947 teach you a fucking thing?
>> No. 155114
>>155113
The lesson is to talk with someone who actually knows a thing or two about social interaction before trying anything sensitive along those lines, which is exactly what the vote is for. Seeing as Yuugi actually knows Parsee and what makes her tick, she's the ideal person to ask.

Just because you think Parsee is an unreasonable psychopath doesn't mean she actually is.
>> No. 155117
>>155114
No, I'm thinking you're a damn fool for trying the same exact shit and expecting different results. And besides, had you any memory, or payed any attention, you would know that we have already talked with Yuugi about this very issue. So it's pretty obvious you haven't learned a damn thing. Here's a hint, ANYTHING you do at this point in time will be seen in a negative light due to past CHA roll failures, and your votes come across at "Best" as pathetic asskissing, and at worse as "Pathologically Unhealthy need for acceptance" in your obsession over it. It has little to do with "Parsee being an unreasonable psychopath", and everything to do with you being a fucking moron who has no exerience with people like this and continues to flail about this issue in the most annoying and self-harmful manner possible. Your past attempts at reconciliation have ALREADY done more harm than good with this situation. Kindly knock it the fuck off.
>> No. 155120
>>155114
Not going to go into a rant like >>155117, but he's right in that we did already ask Yuugi.

Her advice: stay away and hope she cools down with time. There's nothing we can do.
>> No. 155122
>>155117
Yes, suffering a critical Cha failure by trying something stupid when Parsee was already (rightfully) angry and spitting out a sarcastic, insincere apology followed by Yuugi giving a detailed account on what went wrong is the exact same thing as going to Yuugi and telling her you've taken some time to reflect upon your mistakes and asking for advice on how to best mend fences with Parsee.

Totally the same thing there, really.


Right, now that I've gotten the sarcasm out of my system, I have to wonder why you're accusing my attempts at reconciliation of doing more harm than good when no actual attempts at such have been made. Sarcastic apology =/= real apology.

It's been several days and things have hopefully cooled a bit. If Yuugi says it's possible, great. If Yuugi says it's too soon? I'm willing to wait until it is. And like I said, I'm not expecting much in the way of support for this, so I really don't know why you feel the need to rant over such a minor issue. Just ignore it and it'll go away on it's own.
>> No. 155124
I'm not happy with this, but there's little else to second here that's worth it.

- [X] Yuugi.
-- [X] The four oni.
-- [X] Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 150, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [X] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
---- [X] Bet all of your equipment, along with what cash you have, and two favors. If Yuugi's Four Oni win, she gets all of your bet equipment (handed over should you lose AFTER the battle, I.E. you're using it in the fight), cash, and the favors from you. If you win, you'd like to double what equipment you have. If that's not agreeable though, tell her you'd looking to get equipment worth your time here. A bet of equipment for equipment.
>> No. 155126
[x] If possible, read another book.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
[x] Practice your Gravity/Flight, by flying to Yuugi,s place.
[x] Discuss with Yuugi about possible bets.

Changing vote. Since everyone wants to go to Yuugi now, my poor list is wasted. ;_;
>> No. 155129
>>155122
I think you have amnesia. Let me repeat what Yuugi said.

There. Is. NOTHING. We can do right now. You think she'll have cooled down from her hate in so little time? Parsee?

No. We wait for her to come to us first or we come with somethign seh would SERIOUSLY be interested in.

[x] If Satori is still there, pay for more books.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
[x] If you can't read more books, for any reason, then:
-[x] Practice Gravity/Flight magic until time to bed.

Not sure why we should read that one now, btu well... The wager is too kamikaze. If we lose, it will set us so far back, it will be ugly as hell getting back from that.

Also, now that mook class has been determined to be useless, shouldn't we send more fairies to Yuugi to have them train as brawlers? Or we really have no more fairies using fists?
>> No. 155131
>>155122
>>It's been several days and things have hopefully cooled a bit.

They haven't. Not whatsoever.

Please, just drop it.
>> No. 155133
>>155124
I can see two major problem with this bet most of Tabby stuff is fairy sized not human size, and so mostly worthless to her, even if she had people to use it

Second that would mean putting up things like Meira sword and the silk robe in the table, which would be a poor choice to say the least.

[x] If possible, read another book.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
[x] Practice your Gravity/Flight, by flying to Yuugi,s place.
[x] Discuss with Yuugi about possible bets.
[x] ask the people their if any of them know the way to the bookstore and pay a few sliver for the information if one does.
>> No. 155137
>>155129
>>Not sure why we should read that one now, btu well... The wager is too kamikaze. If we lose, it will set us so far back, it will be ugly as hell getting back from that.

We've done the math, and this isn't as risky as you think. Even in the worst case, with the Oni having battle initiative, doing maximum damage, and our forces doing minimum damage, we still win this fight, and this is without damage bonus the weapons bring into play. With the weapons and armor, we win even quicker.

Basically, Long Range Units can bring to bear 142 Damage at the minimum, 166 Damage at the maximum. Short Range Units can bring to bear 210 Damage at the minimum, 246 Damage at the maximum. Weapons add an additional 123 total damage on top of that.

Even with EVERYTHING going wrong, we still win this battle.

Oh, and this is without Emerald being on the field, in which case Emerald does a minumum of 36 damage without weapons, and a maximum of 40 damage without weapons, and in which all of our Melee troops do an ADDITIONAL 52 damage each turn.
>> No. 155139
>>155137
If you say so but as >>155133, wagers need to be reworded a bit. Did you first calculate the stuff's worth so that it's under maximum? Robes will have to be ordered and it will be costly. And Meira's sword cannot be part of that bet too.

Not sure how Yuugi would take it too. Friendly bets was probably what she had in mind for this. And this... is not exactly friendly. What would she think of something like this?
>> No. 155140
>>155137
Which is the only reason I'm playing along with it.
>> No. 155142
>>155139
The wording is "Equipment for equipment" for a reason. We have no cash, and by the time we will enough enough worth betting, we will be unable to defeat those four. The cash value of all the equipment doesn't matter. What I have in mind is Tabuki basically "Putting her money where her mouth is", only since she have no money, she's putting up collateral instead. As for what Yuugi would think of that, she'd probably laugh at it, and go "Ok". The cash value doesn't matter so much as the fact that we're willing to "Put our money where our mouth is", and the fact that we're betting "Equipment for equipment" means that it doesn't matter if it's worth 1000 silvers or 1 silver. And keep in mind, the wording is what it is for a reason. We're not asking for EXACT duplicates, we're asking for something worth our time/effort, and the fact that we're willing to make the bet, and make it against an Oni in terms of combat, is not going to be viewed negatively by itself.
>> No. 155144
Would you accept, say, going in to talk over alternate wagers in general, then bringing up the possibility of gear for gear at some point in the ensuing conversation? It keeps options open if she doesn't want to go for it, and she might come up with an acceptable alternative that hasn't been brought up yet(wage adjustments, etc).
>> No. 155145
>>155144
The thing is, I'm not sure she would go for that. Why? A bet is one thing, as you have to be willing to risk losing the bet before undertaking it, but increasing wages is more likely to be shot down because that isn't how bets work. A bet is one thing. What you're asking for here is quite another.
>> No. 155146
>>155145
Nah, just saying Yuugi might come up with an acceptable alternate wager as a generality. I just tossed in the mention of the wage adjustment because that's been something that's been bounced around before.
>> No. 155147
>>155146
Well, an alternate "wager" is more than ok, it's just that no one is posting anything (and I don't think wasges will cut it here). I've already made my vote, and I'm ok if Yuugi offers something else worth the time/effort, but I'm keeping my vote as trying to get "Equipment for equipment" until something better comes along.
>> No. 155148
>>155142
>"Equipment for equipment"

Equipment is something that can be used. Yuugi cannot use fairy sized equipment.
>> No. 155149
>>155148
...you're missing the point. If you bet a sword, does it matter if the person you're betting against is or is not a swordsman? If you bet a car, does it matter whether the person is an expert driver? Or already has one? Or prefers riding around on trains?

No, it doesn't. It doesn't make a single fuck of difference. Please, stop being obtuse.
>> No. 155150
>>155149
It does, actually, because if they have no use for what you're trying to bet, they may not take you up on it.
>> No. 155151
>>155149

Cars and swords can be sold to many people for a significant amount. Fairy items, however, can only be sold to fairies, who rarely have any money.
>> No. 155153
>>155150
>>155151
That's not the point. The point is to an Oni, being willing and able to "Put your money where your mouth is", especially in regards to a fight, is something worthy of respect. Whether they're of immediate use is a secondary concern, at best. Unless of course you're trying to argue against Yuugi's own words on this subject?
>> No. 155168
- [X] Yuugi.
-- [X] The four oni.
-- [X] Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 150, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [X] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
---- [X] Bet all of your equipment, along with what cash you have, and two favors. If Yuugi's Four Oni win, she gets all of your bet equipment (handed over should you lose AFTER the battle, I.E. you're using it in the fight), cash, and the favors from you. If you win, you'd like to double what equipment you have. If that's not agreeable though, tell her you'd looking to get equipment worth your time here. A bet of equipment for equipment.

The wager is something Yuugi would appreciate. She would understand, and enjoy such a thing.
>> No. 155175
[X] Agreed
>> No. 155177
File 133384329889.jpg - (58.56KB , 300x300 , knotted_star_02.jpg ) [iqdb]
155177
For now, it doesn't seem like there's anything left to be done here, and Tabuki excuses herself from the Palace to attend to other matters.

Yuugi is going through a slower period of business at the moment, so she's more than fine with leaving things, for a little while, in the hands of Beryl. Who is, at least, the least-incompetent of the workers present.

"What would you say that... the entirety of my forces' arms and armor would be worth?" Tabuki begins, in the back.

"To me? Nothing." Is Yuugi's immediate reply. "... Well, not quite nothing. I guess I could have some of it melted down into something useful, or just hang on to it until you've earned it back."

"It's not a good wager, then..."

"Now, I didn't say that." Yuugi continues. "I might not be able to use the junk for anything. But it's obviously valuable on your side of things, and that makes up for a lot. Still... geeze, I don't keep up with the Smith's rates for this kind of thing. Working out what would be a fair offer... that'd be a pain."

"Perhaps, if you took the bet, you could take the expedient measure of simply duplicating every item present..." Tabuki hints.

"Yeah, no. That sounds like a pain, too." Yuugi says, thinking deeply. Then she grins. "I might have a little thing sitting around, though. Hold on, here..."

The oni shifts from her seat and moves to another room, where Tabuki can hear a ruckus of things being moved about, followed by a lock's clicking open. Momentarily, Yuugi returns, a small black pendant dangling from a chain in her hand.

"How about this. I'll match your stuff... with this little trinket." Yuugi says. "Took it off a guy I beat an' hauled off... uh. Has to have been like four, maybe five hundred years ago?"

The pendant is an intricate working of metal, binding and looping around and around itself, twisting in a pattern that somewhat resembles a star..

"Iron? I might have use for that, yes..." Tabuki says.

"Not hardly. Cold Iron." Yuugi corrects her, and Tabuki's interest increases. "Turns out, stuff to protect against fairies and elves'll do roughly not a damn thing against me. Now I'll grant, there isn't much of it there... But just about enough to get pounded into a little sword or something sized right for something about your size. Mind you, though, you probably won't want to have any of your fairies using this... probably wouldn't work out well. And actually making it into something would probably be kinda expensive, too, but I'd have to pay to make a frying pan out of your gear if I did that, so there's that on the other hand."

"That... seems fair, I believe. I understand that you'll match monetary bets, silver to silver... how would you value a 'favor'?"

"I'd rather not." Yuugi says, seeming a little annoyed. "I'd prefer not to do any favors trading at all, and it's really hard to put a price on that sort of thing. Especially if one side or the other doesn't know what they're getting into in advance."

.... Tabuki supposes that this is a fair point. Still, while the match of equipment versus an amulet made up of a single unit of Cold Iron isn't exactly what she was hoping for, money-wise, it's probably better. It's doubtful that there are too many people willing to part with magical metals for any price, after all.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155182
[x] You're an Honorary Fairy, thanks to your Leader status. Ask Yuugi to let you touch the cold iron and see if you suffer any side-effect from it.
[x] Regardless, cold iron is precious, and can be useful. Your stuff for the cold iron is acceptable.
-[x] Also bet what little money you have, for her money.
[x] The fight will happen tomorrow, right? All your troops are gone today.

Eh, just making sure the fight's not today.
>> No. 155185
The equipment for the amulet is acceptable

However at the moment Tabby, does not have the money to bet that would make spending an entire turn on the fight worthwhile, after she finishes the Labs, she will have the money to make such a bet worth it.

Remember that the bet uses up the action for the fairies that take part in it that turn,

[x] Go look for the book store
>> No. 155186
[X] Take her up on the offer.
-[X] Throw in what cash you have as well to the bet
-[X] Make offer to bet wages of your barmaids. If you win, wages are doubled for the next 20 days, if you lose, wages are zero (again, for 20 days)

If we lose, we're boned. But, since we've mathed it out to be all but impossible to lose, we might as well go all in. And, since I've been advised that Yuugi is a shrewd businessoni, let's add a temporary bet of wages. 20 days, at about 15 silvers a day, is about 300 silver.
>> No. 155187
>>142119

Advice Yuugi gives good advice. While I suspect there's a snag somewhere, I will admit it's likely just paranoia, and will largely stay out of this.

[x]Ask Yuugi if you can give the amulet a quick poke. While you don't expect anything to happen, you're still an Honorary Faerie due to the whole war thing, and you'd rather avoid any unpleasant surprises.
[x]Whether or not the bet(s) is(are) accepted, go hunting for the bookstore afterwards.
>> No. 155188
Kahi Question

Does our does not having a battle with Yuugi use the action of the fairies that turn, our not.
>> No. 155189
It does.

Use them to fight the oni, they can't be used in other battles that day.
>> No. 155190
[x]Ask Yuugi if you can give the amulet a quick poke. While you don't expect anything to happen, you're still an Honorary Faerie due to the whole war thing, and you'd rather avoid any unpleasant surprises.
[X] Take her up on the offer.
-[X] Throw in what cash you have as well to the bet
-[X] Make offer to bet wages of your barmaids. If you win, wages are doubled for the next 20 days, if you lose, wages are zero (again, for 20 days).
[x] If Yuugi hasn't said anything regarding whether she'll be participating, confirm it's just those four oni.

Only non-lying cheat I can think of is Yuugi joining in the battle. Also, wages are sorta money, so she might actually match them, silver for silver. I can't say she's likely to go for such a long duration, though.
>> No. 155193
[X] Take her up on the offer.
[X] Don't Make a bet wages of your barmaids

This will likely only lose influence the wages have already been set at a fare rate, don't push her generosity.

And yet again waiting until the lab is cleared for the bonus money makes the most since, I doubt she will allow another bet if her people loss strongly for a while. To do other wise would be poor business since on her part, no matter how much she likes to gamble.
>> No. 155196
[X] Ask Yuugi if you can give the amulet a quick poke. While you don't expect anything to happen, you're still an Honorary Faerie due to the whole war thing, and you'd rather avoid any unpleasant surprises.
[X] Take her up on the offer.
-[X] Throw in what cash you have as well to the bet
-[X] Make offer to bet wages of your barmaids. If you win, wages are doubled for the next 20 days, if you lose, wages are zero (again, for 20 days).

Also, here are the war plans NEEDED for us to win this fight as quickly as possible, and since Meira and company are going to be freely available while the rest of our fairies are fighting the Oni, I'll also put up a vote for what Meira will be doing. I'm posting these here so that when the battle comes up next update, the plans will be ready for everyone.

[X] Unstation the newest recruits Saleen, Marco, and Georgia.
[X] All fairies not working or currently stationed are to prepare for battle against the Four Oni.
[X] Oni Battle. Roll Strategy.
-[X] All fairies are to focus on taking down one Oni at a time. Once one is down, move on to taking down the next assigned Oni. Marshmallow is to make Emerald a priority for healing, but is also to heal other injured fairies on the field as well.

[X] Meira, Barrier, Lamia, The Lost Spirits, and Ash are to take Tunnels IV, Area 6.
-[X] Barrier is to protect Meira.
>> No. 155197
[x] Ask Yuugi to let you touch the cold iron to test for side-effects.
[x] Accept the deal.
[x] Try to bet for half the normal pay in wages instead.
>> No. 155201
>>155196 here. Forgot to add in part of the strategy needed to win quickly/easily, and since I can't seem to delete my post, I'm going to repost the battle plans needed wholesale.

[X] Unstation the newest recruits Saleen, Marco, and Georgia.
[X] All fairies not working or currently stationed are to prepare for battle against the Four Oni.
[X] Oni Battle. Roll Strategy.
-[X] All fairies are to focus on taking down one Oni at a time. Once one is down, move on to taking down the next assigned Oni. Marshmallow is to make Emerald a priority for healing, but is also to heal other injured fairies on the field as well.
-[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops on where they need to hit, and avoid combat until she has no choice about it.
>> No. 155206
Not sure why you're posting all that in the form of a vote, seeing as the day hasn't ticked over yet and Tabby's forces have already used up their battle for the day.
>> No. 155207
>>155206
Because I have internet access for limited amounts of time in thw week, and having it up but unneeded for the moment is preferable to not having it up and then having idiots fuck things up.
>> No. 155209
[x] You're an Honorary Fairy, thanks to your Leader status. Ask Yuugi to let you touch the cold iron and see if you suffer any side-effect from it.
[X] Take her up on the offer.
-[X] Throw in what cash you have as well to the bet
-[x] Don't bet the maids' wages. Don't involve their pay in any way.
[x] Return to the palace, and if you can, read another book (Flora and Fauna)

Equipment and money are fine, but the wages is pushing too far.
>> No. 155220
Another batch of names and bios.

01. Diamond Blackguard: Tough as any diamond, and as as unscrupulous as any rogue, Diamond is ultimately out for herself above any others.
02. Peppersmoke: A fairy who has stashed away a horde of various pepper based spices for her own use, she smells strongly of those very spices. Likes using the excess seasoning to "Spice up" the dishes of unwary people eating their meals.
03. Juzba Thornwind: Juzba desires to learn things. Things such as what exactly a "Vehicular application of dragscoop ionics and electropropulsion magnetronics" means, and so hangs around the Kappa territories in hopes of learning such knowledge.
04. Cerise Soulsinger: A fairy whose songs can touch the hearts and souls of those around her. Wishes above all else that she had a hammock though.
05. Wydwen: A fairy of blue skin and red hair, Wydwen desires to become a magical fairy who can one day teleport from cloud to cloud and bring thunderstorms in her wake.
06. Guay Silkbind: A fairy of beauty, Lihua and she sometimes work together on art projects. The tunnels she inhabits are chiseled with eerily beautiful carvings and artwork, and have an almost ethereal grace to them.
07. Violet Pall: A fairy whose 'ability' lets her easily find the bodies of the deceased.
08. Oona Mirrorshade: Oona does her best to emulate and live up to her namesake, a foreign Fairy Queen of great power and renown. Sadly, she is a couple millenia from being anywhere near comparable.
09. Vendilion Latchkey: Vendilion has an unhealthy obsession with keys and locks of all sorts, and will steal and horde them when given the chance.
10. Briarberry Nectar: Desires to one day find a way to permanently kill Lily, because in Briarberry's own words, "Fuck that immortal cunt with a barbed wire studded cold iron dildo, that's why!"
>> No. 155254
[x] You're an Honorary Fairy, thanks to your Leader status. Ask Yuugi to let you touch the cold iron and see if you suffer any side-effect from it.
[X] Take her up on the offer.
-[X] Throw in what cash you have as well to the bet
-[x] Don't bet the maids' wages. Don't involve their pay in any way.
[x] Return to the palace, and if you can, read another book (Flora and Fauna)
>> No. 155255
If you're willing to put reading a book off, that's another 5s you can bet. You can always have Tabby get some practice in with her safer spells or her gravity powers instead.
>> No. 155269
>>155255

I'd rather not. It's not about the money, it's about the knowledge. The faster Tabuki reads the books, the faster she will learn, giving more time to study other stuff and be better prepared against anything.
>> No. 155271
File 133401161693.jpg - (649.01KB , 1000x1415 , 1323843813160.jpg ) [iqdb]
155271
"It seems fair..." More than fair, even. "Do you mind if I touch it, though? Given the situation, as an Honorary fae for the purpose of the game..."

"Suit yourself." Yuugi offers, setting the talisman down.

The metal is... not simply 'cool', when she touches it. But cold, frigid, and empty of warmth. As though it had been picked up from the snow, and...

The world stops.

The amulet is inspecting her. Gazing through and into her, with contemplative eyes that don't exist. Considering, musing solemnly as to how it should respond. On the one hand, it cares nothing for her, one way or the other. But by a different measure, the metal hates...

The world moves again, and Tabuki's hand tingles as she draws it away, having detected.... ambivalence. There would, she suspects, be some level of risk, perhaps danger involved in using equipment fashioned from this... not near so much as would be set against a real fae, and possibly no drawbacks whatsoever.

And she is forced to admit, the thought of slamming the business end of a rod fashioned of this material across Cirno's skull... well, more realistically, her kneecaps and shins... it has some level of appeal to it. Unless she wishes to continue dragging about that ornament forever.

"It's agreed then. Cash wagers are handled the same as before, then, silver for silver... I currently have 54 silvers, though provided I spend nothing before then, I could have as many as 86 in the morning..."

"Bring what you bet, hand it over if you lose, you win and I'll count it out and match it." Yuugi says jovially. "Anything else?"

"... I hesitate to suggest wage manipulations..."

"Yeah, don't." Yuugi sort-of agrees, in that they shouldn't be brought up at least. "Not messing about with pay rates for this. You want them to earn more? It waits until they're better at their jobs."

Tabuki shrugs, dismissing the thought.

"That should be all, then. If you'll excuse me, I have some wandering to do..."

There aren't that many hours left in the day, though, and after only a little while, Tabuki is forced to admit that the search for a book-store is proving fruitless. It's been made clear that such a place exists, somewhere in the city, but... either she hasn't drawn near it yet, in her explorations, or she has passed it by, un-noticed.

No time remains for a book, either. A shame.

Tabuki returns to the palace for rest, awaiting the morning.

---

When she rises, it's to reports that not one, but two rather more powerful spirits have coalesced within the hells. One of which formed itself directly in the path onward, both stirring up and scattering some of the local opposition.

It's an incredibly annoying coincidence of timing, given that arrangements are such that a battle at the bar is in the works today. And Tabuki can't imagine that either of the spirits will deign to remain indefinitely.

Scouting Reports:

Garden of the Sun, SW-
[Kazami Yuka]- ???
Flower-Tending Fairies x4
Lattice Bones: ax6, vx4, ex2, mx1
Shambling Fertilizer: cx8, ax4

CC-2
[Cecille Steinlicht]-???
Vet. Hellhound x2
Avg. ZF x6
LS x12
MMx1
DMx2

XXV: Eerie Passages
Bats: 6c, 2a
Spiders x4
Crawling Ooze: 2a
MMx8, DMx2

---

Updated Reports:

LV
[Dread Pirate Jennifer]- ???
ZFx6, aZFx3, vZFx2, aFWx4, vFW, MMx1, DMx3

---

[Ryoko Anderash] Shifted class to Barmaid.
[Tokkiki Bloodstone] is available for duty again.

Current silvers: 86


Injury Breakdown:

Tabuki: 100/100hp, 6508/8100mp
Meira: 120/120hp
Ash: 76/90hp
Barrier: 113/115hp
Lamia: 45/45hp

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
-- [ ]Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 150, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [ ] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Pick a fight.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Sakura
-- [ ] Healing: Current price = 2s per 1hp healed.
-- [ ] Utsuho [Influence/Perception]
-- [ ] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
---> Class: Miko- 12hp, 1d3+1 damage. [Sakura Training], Auto-[Assault], No Diety -> Diety: Yatagarasu.

-- [ ] Write-in.
-[ ] Yuka
-- [ ] Write-in.
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Fairie Bazaar trip. [Emerald + up to one other escort]
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship [Influence, Rank]
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus.
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels II area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 155272
What the hell, the Garden of the Sun?! Yuka!?!?!

On one hand, it's the surface. On the other hand, I suggest we stay clear of it anyway.
>> No. 155274
Before Yuka is met, it would be prudent to read the annotated guide to flora and fauna. We should show an interest in plant life instead of being bumbling fools -- it'll save us a lot of grief if we have some idea of what's what prior to meeting her and she would be a powerful ally.
>> No. 155275
>>155272

Are you really surprised? >>155079 was kinda obvious about the location, there aren't many giant spots of yellow with sunflowers besides them.
>> No. 155278
>>155275
Well, I missed that.

>>155274
Ally? Good one. Sure, reading the guide will help. But Yuka respect mostly power I think. Except that, unlike Yuugi, she won't stop to say it's unsafe to fight if we go kamikaze again.

Granted, we don't actually know how she is unless we speak to her, but we are not going in there without a plan. And not one using charisma.
>> No. 155281
>>155280
Uhm, the fairies are likely going to get XP for this fight, and considering the nature of it, having Marshmallow there is kind of important. Besides, you forgot to edit Marshmallow out of the original Battle Plans for the Oni Rematch anyways. Seeing as how we now know what's the territories though, I think I'll second your vote to take the eerie passages though.

[X] Before the match, ask about the new spirits in hell.
[X] Unstation the newest recruits Saleen, Marco, and Georgia.

[X] Yuugi
-[X] Oni Rematch
--[X] All fairies not working or currently stationed are to prepare for battle against the Four Oni. Roll strategy.
---[X] All fairies are to focus on taking down one Oni at a time. Once one is down, move on to taking down the next assigned Oni. Marshmallow is to make Emerald a priority for healing, but is also to heal other injured fairies on the field as well.
----[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops on where they need to hit, and avoid combat until she has no choice about it.

[X] Other War plans.
-[X] Meira, Ash, Lamia, Barrier, and The Lost Spirits invade XXV - Eerie Passage.
--[X] Barrier is to protect Meira. General orders are to focus on the Spiders first, then on the Bats.
>> No. 155282
>>155281

>Uhm, the fairies are likely going to get XP for this fight, and considering the nature of it, having Marshmallow there is kind of important. Besides, you forgot to edit Marshmallow out of the original Battle Plans for the Oni Rematch anyways. Seeing as how we now know what's the territories though, I think I'll second your vote to take the eerie passages though.

Oops, yeah, I didn't even see Marshmallw in the plans I copied. Anyay, I'd rather not risk our broken healing and lose the Flashing Sword, so that's whay I send her to the Eerie Passages as well. And also to discover if she can heal BARRIER.

[X] Unstation the newest recruits Saleen, Marco, and Georgia.
[x] Bind Metal spirit into Dead 2's weapon.

[x] Yuugi
-[x] Before the match, ask about the new spirits in hell.
[x]Oni Rematch
-[X] All fairies not working or currently stationed are to prepare for battle against the Four Oni. Roll strategy.
--[X] All fairies are to focus on taking down one Oni at a time. Once one is down, move on to taking down the next assigned Oni.
--[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops on where they need to hit, and avoid combat until she has no choice about it.

[x] War plans.
-[x] Meira, Ash, Lamia, Barrier, Marshmallow and the spirits invade XXV - Eerie Passage.
--[x] Marshmallow is to heal herself, Meira, BARRIER and Lamia whenever necessary, and fight when possible. BARRIER protects everybody. Spirits should fire together against the same targets, focusing the oozes first, unless to help someone to finish off an enemy. General orders are to focus on the spiders first, then on the bats.

Marshmallow shouldn't make much difference in the rematch, as the oni can knock out almost any fairy in one hit, anyway. I also don't want to risk losing the Flashing Sword, since it's the reson she can heal so much even as a conscript.
>> No. 155283
[X] Unstation the newest recruits Saleen, Marco, and Georgia.
[x] Bind moderate fire spirit into Ellette iron rod weapon.

[x] Yuugi
-[x] Before the match, ask about the new spirits in hell.
[x]Oni Rematch
-[X] All fairies not working or currently stationed are to prepare for battle against the Four Oni. Roll strategy.
--[X] All fairies are to focus on taking down one Oni at a time. Once one is down, move on to taking down the next assigned Oni.
--[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops on where they need to hit, and avoid combat until she has no choice about it.

[X] Saleen, Marco, and Georgia. Are to go out and look for the bookstore

[x] War plans.
-[x] Meira, Ash, Lamia, Barrier, Marshmallow and the spirits invade XXV - Eerie Passage.
--[x] Marshmallow is to heal herself, Meira, BARRIER and Lamia whenever necessary, and fight when possible. BARRIER protects everybody. Spirits should fire together against the same targets, focusing the oozes first, unless to help someone to finish off an enemy. General orders are to focus on the spiders first, then on the bats.

3 mooks more our less wont matter for the bar fight
>> No. 155291
>>Marshmallow shouldn't make much difference in the rematch

Marshmallow makes a very big difference in this fight. The reason why Marshmallow is vital to these plans is because if Marshmallow is not here healing our troops and keeping more of them in play longer, more of our equipment is going to be broken, fewer of our forces are going to survive get XP, and if Emerald gets killed, we lose an extra 60 damage per turn. Additionally, seeing as how the Oni are going to be doing an average of 30 damage each attack, if it spreads out to a large number of fairies, Marshmallow can fully heal those fairies, essentially negating that Oni's attack.

In other words, keeping Marshmallow out of this fight is a very bad idea.

>>Three mooks more our less wont matter for the bar fight

They provide an additonal 15 damage at the minimum per turn, and act as meatshields for our more important troops. All in all, they're useful for this battle.
>> No. 155295
>>They provide an additonal 15 damage at the minimum per turn, and act as meatshields for our more important troops. All in all, they're useful for this battle.

Your being Paranoid it was listed in post >>155137 that even with the fairies doing min damage, with the oni causing max damage we still win, its the difference of four against many apart form super people the difference is just to great.

Those fairies time would be better spent finding the bookstore, so we can find out what their.
>> No. 155296
>>155295
I am >>155137. While it's true that we don't absolutely need these three mooks for this battle, they are still pretty useful for it, for the reasons I just listed. Paranoia plays no part in that, just math (which is also a very bit part in why you need to keep Marshmallow in this battle). Having more mooks in this fight helps us quite a bit to ensure that the other more useful units survive, and the fact that these mooks are melee ensures that their damage bonus is risen from +3 to +5.
>> No. 155297
It's also XP...


Hmmm...

I'm not entirely convinced that having her try to hang back and direct things will keep Emerald from potentially getting targeted; after all, even the ranged troops can get smacked once the Oni close in, and Emerald can't stay too far away or she won't be able to direct the troops properly. Maybe set a couple of mooks on bodyguard duty? They'll intervene if Emerald gets targeted directly, and she's tough enough to soak some splashes; it'll let her get into the thick of things as well, and she does more damage than a couple of conscript-level mooks.

Probably want to give Buttons a guard as well, thinking on it.
>> No. 155298
>>155295
Jesus Christ, your post. Take the time to make your posts not painful to read. Everybody appreciates it.
>> No. 155300
[x] >>155281
>> No. 155301
Heh. You know, at least now we have access to one NPC who knows the identity of Mima's pupil. Of course, if we manage to role a epic Cha fail with Yuuka then changes are we'll be rolling up a new character withing seconds. And even without the epic fail possibility there's always the danger that this Yuuka isn't on such good terms with Marisa and/or Mima, and might intercept and destroy the letter (and messenger). Which would suck.
>> No. 155304
I wonder if the "focus fire" thing is going to work as easily this time. Those oni might have learned to tank hits for each other after the last battle, and if they do, their damage output stays a lot higher throughout the fight than it did last time.
>> No. 155310
[X] Unstation the newest recruits Saleen, Marco, and Georgia.
[x] Bind Metal spirit into Dead 2's weapon.

[x] Yuugi
-[x] Before the match, ask about the new spirits in hell.
[x]Oni Rematch
-[X] All fairies not working or currently stationed are to prepare for battle against the Four Oni. Roll strategy.
--[X] All fairies are to focus on taking down one Oni at a time. Once one is down, move on to taking down the next assigned Oni.
--[X] Marshmallow stays the fuck away from the oni and heal as much as possible.

[x] War plans.
-[x] Meira, Ash, Lamia, Barrier and the spirits invade XXV - Eerie Passage.

Ok, I'm willing to send Marshmallow to help against the oni. Meira should be more than capable of conquering XXV without her help, specially since Barrier is together.
>> No. 155313
Is the one-item-resource trinket worth enough to wage 86 silvers in a bet with 1000 silvers as maximum? Just throwing this in here.
>> No. 155314
It's a very strong anti-fairie weapon in a war of.. faeries.

It's very interesting. Given the way it is getting to us, I think it may be very difficult to come across normally. Keep in mind though we have to give it to a non-faerie to wield, or use it as a bargaining chip for someone else.

Is it worth 1000s? I don't know. That's a /lot/ of possible army upgrades, custom class outfits and otherwise.
>> No. 155315
>>155313

This battle is more to avoid more improvements to te oni. 1000 silver is alot, yes, but we never have money, and always spend what we save up.
>> No. 155318
[X] Unstation the newest recruits Saleen, Marco, and Georgia.
[x] Bind Metal spirit into Dead 2's weapon.
[x] Equip the Copper Boots to Ellette

[x] Yuugi
-[x] Before the match, ask about the new spirits in hell. They're probably small fry to her, so don't get your hopes up.
[x]Oni Rematch
-[X] All fairies not working or currently stationed are to prepare for battle against the Four Oni. Roll strategy.
--[X] All fairies are to focus on taking down one Oni at a time. Once one is down, move on to taking down the next assigned Oni.
--[X] Marshmallow stays away from the oni and heals as much as possible.
--[x] Saleen is to protect Emerald from getting struck directly, Marco and Georgia are to attempt to stop any assaults from hitting Marshmallow period. If they can get swings in without compromising their jobs, great, otherwise focus on protection. If there's an Oni in range that they can finish off, they may do so.

[x]If the zombies overkill an Oni, Marshmallow is to heal them once the combat is over. If she's not up and/or the situation is urgent, you are to pitch in as well, though you should warn them that your own healing will likely cause a great deal of pain.

[x] War plans.
-[x] Meira, Ash, Lamia, Barrier and the spirits invade XXV - Eerie Passage.


Like I said before, I doubt that Emerald could both direct the troops and stay far enough away from the combat to not be a viable target, and the same goes for Marshmallow. Seeing as Emerald outdamages three conscript fairies, they can be used as meatshields; they're not tough by any means, but they only have to stop a shot or two. Well, this is assuming that the splash damage is divided amongst the targets, rather than hitting the lot of them for the full amount. I'd initially assumed it was the later, but from what I've been reading in the thread you guys are assuming it's the former? Haven't seen Kahi say anything on it either way, but I don't catch everything that goes on in chat and from the sounds of the initial calculations Tabby's troops win either way, so I suppose we'll see.
>> No. 155320
>>155318
>[x]If the zombies overkill an Oni,

Impossible. To actually kill them, you'd need to drop their HP to -150 HP or less.
>> No. 155321
>>155320
-150 is to flat out kill them on the spot, survival rolls are still preformed if the unit in question ended combat in the negatives. Mind you, I imagine that in situations like this and in the lab where someone's on hand to make sure the fallen haven't been banged up too badly the survival rolls can largely be waived off, but there's still a chance for the zombies to all gang up on an oni that's about to go down and knock her to -50 or something. It's not by any means likely, but I figure leaving a vote to be ready for the possibility is better than nothing.
>> No. 155325
[X] Unstation the newest recruits Saleen, Marco, and Georgia.
[x] Bind Metal spirit into Dead 2's weapon.
[x] Equip the Copper Boots to Ellette

[x] Yuugi
-[x] Before the match, ask about the new spirits in hell. They're probably small fry to her, so don't get your hopes up.
[x]Oni Rematch
-[X] All units not working or currently stationed that can participate in the wager are to prepare for battle against the Four Oni. Roll strategy.
--[X] All fairies are to focus on taking down one Oni at a time. Once one is down, move on to taking down the next assigned Oni.
--[X] Marshmallow stays away from the oni and heals as much as possible.
--[x] Saleen is to protect Emerald from getting struck directly, Marco and Georgia are to attempt to stop any assaults from hitting Marshmallow period. If they can get swings in without compromising their jobs, great, otherwise focus on protection. If there's an Oni in range that they can finish off, they may do so.

[x] War plans.
-[x] All units that can't participate in the Oni fight invade XXV - Eerie Passage.

...good luck. I wonder if we could convince her to bet the tricket later, when we have more money. Probably not.
>> No. 155328
>>155318 here
Neglected to copy over the targeting order for the other battle
--[X] Barrier is to protect Meira and the Lamia from the spiders, along with any non-Ash units that fall below half. General orders are to focus on the Spiders first, then on the Bats, then on the Oozes. If a unit somehow gets engulfed by an ooze, kill the ooze.
>> No. 155336
Called, just so nothing changes on me.
>> No. 155343
File 133410737959.jpg - (243.45KB , 795x1024 , your wagers please.jpg ) [iqdb]
155343
Directions are made, and given: Meira and a small, but sufficient cadre of fighters head off to their battle while Tabuki quickly draws an undead off toward the labs.

Not far in. Just enough to sense that metallic 'taste' in the air, and draw it down to herself, and thence into the axe.

It looks sturdier, after. Not particularly more efficient, or stronger, but sturdier, yes.

She collects the rest, and all of her funds, and heads off to the bar.

"Ready?" Yuugi asks, at her entry.

"Of course." Is the reply. "One minor thing first..."

Yuugi doesn't actually recognize either of the new Spirits, as it happens, and all the advice she can give about binding is to put them in something 'appropriate' to the spirit, and she'd probably be more likely to have good results.

"Or a little bauble or gem. From what I'm guessing about this thing, those would probably work just as good. It's kind of intuitive, though, so I might not be right, the whole magic thing isn't always obligated to make sense to people." she notes. "But yeah, let's get this done."

Her fae are buzzing about nearby, working themselves up into a frenzy over the battle soon to be had, and the Oni assemble themselves. At a nod from a bystander roped into starting things impartially, the battle is joined, and Tabuki prepares for it to go much as before.

It doesn't.

"Hope you don't mind... I gave them some 'tips' before-hand." Yuugi says, as the oni throw, throw, they can do that?, each other across the intervening distance, scattering the buzzing fairies with the rapid approach.

Tabuki winces as the first blow of the battle sends Emerald spinning around several times in the air, to slam face-first into the ground and crumple into the ground. Her strategy has gone awry, and now the fairies morale is slashed from the blow...

"Stomp a snake in the head... the rest just don't hurt as much any more." Yuugi notes.

"This... doesn't matter." Tabuki affirms, trying to hide the note of uncertainty in her voice. ... wait. "... Are they...?"

"Targeting people that look more important first, yeah. You don't think I'd let them waste time kicking small fry while someone's blowing fire up their asses again, did you?" Yuugi notes.

... ugh.

"Hey, don't make that face~" Yuugi says, a touch of smugness in her voice. "You don't really expect other 'armies' to play as nice as wild animals, do you?"

"Well, be that as it may... this hydra just grew her head back." Tabuki says, dryly.

"Wh-" Yuugi says, snapping her head to look. Then she laughs. "Healer in there, huh? That does make things more fun! Kind of a shame, though... she's definitely a priority target now, once they've stomped your lady friend again."

Tabuki winces as this is proven to be true.

But even so...

A smile slowly crawls across her face, and a mild frown across Yuugi's, as the battle continues on. Even with all the unexpected setbacks, the sheer mass of bodies up against the Oni prove to be too much. The last one falls, even as the last of the zombies surge in, clawing and biting-

"That's enough! The fight's over." Tabuki demands, ordering them away from the injured one, heading down as Yuugi goes down to take a look.

The Oni is kind of bloodied, as she rolls her over with a foot. ... Then Yuugi calmly stomps her in the stomach, letting out a pained and heaving breath.

"Oh? You are alive. That's good. I guess. I mean you still lost to fairies. Again. But this means you can start up boot camp mark two! Right now! Get going." She orders.

With scattered groans, the Oni heave themselves into motion, beginning to slowly limp, or crawl, towards the rear side of the Bar.

"Isn't that a little... harsh, maybe? It's not like they're immortal." Tabuki notes.

"Eh. They probably won't die from it." Yuugi replies. "More importantly: You have winnings. I guess you'll need them for that one sword that got punched through, there, at least. Come on."

Tabuki follows her back into the bar, where Yuugi counts out coins and hands over the agreed-on winnings, in their entirety.

+86 silvers, total = 172

+ Cold Iron Amulet (contains 1 unit metal)


---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155344
File 133410758252.jpg - (213.07KB , 716x1011 , get it off getitoffgetitioff.jpg ) [iqdb]
155344
Oni x4

vs

Faerie Swarm
x47= +2 damage.
Strategy roll Intd10=10. Flat -4hp, -1 damage.
Total: -4maxhp, +1 damage. (+3 dam, melee)

Fae- Focus fire, Oni.
Fae- Marshmallow: evade combat as much as possible, healbot.

Oni- Focus on Emerald first, then other troublesome looking ones, however you like.
Oni- Fight faster, damn it! No time to sit around slack-jawed. I don't care if you have to throw each other at them.

Initiative to Oni.

---

Oni 1- 70 damage to (d100=92) Emerald alone. (KO, -14hp)
-- Melee morale down! (bonus to +1)
Oni 2- 27 damage to (d100=93, 1d15=3) Blackheart Bonebreaker (KO, -12hp)
Oni 3- 69 damage to (d100=7, 1d3+1=3, 3d14= 2, 6, 8) Three enemies.
-- 23 damage to Honey Mints (KO, -7hp)
-- 23 damage to Janice (KO, -3hp)
-- 23 damage to Indigo (KO, -15hp, gibbed)
Oni 4- x

Fae = 42

Akira- 10 damage to Oni 1 (140hp)
Bellflower- 11 damage to Oni 1 (129hp)
Chris- 7 damage to Oni 1 (122hp)
Dominique- 9 damage to Oni 1 (113hp)
Russet- 8 damage to Oni 1 (105hp)
Henna- 10 damage to Oni 1 (95hp)
Vanice- 6 damage to Oni 1 (89hp)
Finni- 6 damage to Oni 1 (83hp)
Vanda- 6 damage to Oni 1 (77hp)
Widget- 5 damage to Oni 1 (72hp)
Alexandria- 7 damage to Oni 1 (65hp)
Denny- 7 damage to Oni 1 (58hp)
Rainy- 3 damage to Oni 1 (55hp)
Pebbles- 3 damage to Oni 1 (52hp)
Sue- 3 damage to Oni 1 (49hp)
Koreka- 3 damage to Oni 1 (46hp)
Xerxissa- 2 damage to Oni 1 (44hp)
Saleen- 2 damage to Oni 1 (42hp)
Marco- 2 damage to Oni 1 (40hp)
Georgia- 3 damage to Oni 1 (38hp)
Chiko- 9 damage to Oni 1 (29hp)
Levina- 7 damage to Oni 1 (22hp)
Yumiko- 9 damage to Oni 1 (13hp)
Fabrizia- 5 damage to Oni 1 (8hp)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to Oni 1 (2hp)
Iona- 6 damage to Oni 1 (KO)
Mallea- 5 damage to Oni 2 (145hp)
Ella- 4 damage to Oni 2 (141hp)
Beatrice- 10 damage to Oni 2 (131hp)
Dena- 3 damage to Oni 2 (128hp)
Mieszko- 3 damage to Oni 2 (125hp)
Tokkiki- 2 damage to Oni 2 (123hp)
Gakuen- 3 damage to Oni 2 (120hp)
Usagi- 2 damage to Oni 2 (118hp)
Onako- 3 damage to Oni 2 (115hp)
Natalie- 2 damage to Oni 2 (113hp)
Ellette- 20 damage to Oni 2 (93hp)
Yumi- 12 damage to Oni 2 (81hp)
Frances- 8 damage to Oni 2 (73hp)
Quinn- 9 damage to Oni 2 (64hp)
Marshmallow- Heals
-- Heals Emerald by 10 (-4hp)
-- Heals Emerald by 10 (6hp KO)
-Emerald groggily takes the field once more. (Melee bonus: +3 dam)
-- Heals Honey for 14 (7hp KO
-- Heals BB for 10 (-2hp)
Deirdre: 13 damage to Oni 2 (51hp)
Deady: 19 damage to Oni 2 (32hp)
Dead2: 14 damage to Oni 2 (18hp)
Newdead: 15 damage to Oni 2 (3hp)
George: 12 damage to Oni 2 (KO, -9hp)
Indead: 11 damage to Oni 3 (139hp)

Oni 3- 32 damage to (1d100= 32, 1d3+1=4)
-- 8 damage to Emerald (KO, -2hp)
Emerald down: Morale lowers. Bonus back to +1
-- 8 damage to Marshmallow (8hp)
-- 8 damage to Marshmallow (KO)
-- 8 damage to (1d11=3) Yumi (3hp)
Oni 4- 73 damage to (1d100=55, 1d11=7) Deady (Splat)
-2H Copper Sword explodes in splinters.

Fae = 41

Akira- 9 damage to Oni 3 (130hp)
Bell- 10 damage to Oni 3 (120hp)
Chris- 7 damage to Oni 3 (113hp)
Dominique- 11 damage to Oni 3 (102hp)
Russet- 8 damage to Oni 3 (94hp)
Henna- 11 damage to Oni 3 (83hp)
Vanice- 6 damage to Oni 3 (77hp)
Finni- 6 damage to Oni 3 (71hp)
Vanda- 7 damage to Oni 3 (64hp)
Widget- 5 damage to Oni 3 (59hp)
Alexandria- 7 damage to Oni 3 (52hp)
Denny- 7 damage to Oni 3 (45hp)
Rainy- 3 damage to Oni 3 (42hp)
Pebbles- 2 damage to Oni 3 (40hp)
Sue- 2 damage to Oni 3 (38hp)
Koreka- 2 damage to Oni 3 (36hp)
Xerxissa- 2 damage to Oni 3 (34hp)
Saleen- 3 damage to Oni 3 (31hp)
Marco- 3 damage to Oni 3 (28hp)
Georgia- 3 damage to Oni 3 (25hp)
Chiko- 8 damage t Oni 3 (17hp)
Levina- 7 damage to Oni 3 (10hp)
Yumiko- 9 damage to Oni 3 (1hp)
Fabrizia- 5 damage to Oni 3 (KO)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to Oni 4 (144hp)
Iona- 6 damage to Oni 4 (138hp)
Mallea- 6 damage to Oni 4 (132hp)
Ella- 4 damage to ONi 4 (128hp)
Beatrice- 9 damage to Oni 4 (119hp)
Dena- 4 damage to Oni 4 (115hp)
Mieszko- 2 damage to Oni 4 (113hp)
Tokkiki- 3 damage to Oni 4 (110hp)
Gakuen- 2 damage to Oni 4 (108hp)
Usagi- 2 damage to Oni 4 (106hp)
Onako- 2 damage to Oni 4 (104hp)
Natalie- 2 damage to ONi 4 (102hp)
Ellette- 20 damage to ONi 4 (82hp)
Honey- 17 damage to Oni 4 (65hp)
Yumi- 12 damage to Oni 4 (53hp)
Frances- 9 damage to Oni 4 (44hp)
Quinn- 8 damage to Oni 4 (36hp)
Deirdre- 11 damage to Oni 4 (25hp)
Dead2- 13 damage to Oni 4 (12hp)
Newdead- 13 damage to Oni 4 (KO, -1hp)
George- 11 damage to Oni 4 (-12hp)
Indead- 9 damage to Oni 4 (-21hp)

VICTORY.
+2 bxp to all conscious and alive units.

---

Meira, Ash, Lamia, Barrier and the spirits

vs

Bats x8 (6c 8a), Spiders x4, Ooze x2(a), MMx8, DMx2

---

Meira- 28 damage to Spider1 (KO), 23 damage to Spider2 (2hp)
Ain- 6 damage to Spider2 (KO)
Soph- 4 damage to Spider 3 (21hp)
Aur- 4 damage to Spider3 (17hp)
Ash-x
Barrier-x
Lamia-x

Bat1 : Bat6- x
aBat1- 9 damage to (d7=6) BARRIER (104hp)
aBat2- 11 damage to (d7=1) Meira (109hp)
-Tastes blood: focused target.
Spider3-x
Spider4-x
aOoze1-x
aOoze2-x
MM1 : MM8- x
DM1- 1 damage to (d7=3) Soph (17hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d7=1) Meira (107hp)

Meira- 20 damage to Spider 3 (KO), 26 damage to Spider4 (KO)
Ain- 6 damage to Bat6 (14hp)
Soph- 4 damage to Bat6 (10hp)
Aur- 3 damage to Bat6 (7hp)
Ash- 26 damage to Bat6 (KO)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 9 damage to Bat3 (11hp)

Bat1- 6 damage to Aur (9hp)
Bat2- 8 damage to BARRIER (96hp)
Bat3- 5 damage to Ash (71hp)
- Healed 2 (13hp)
Bat4- 7 damage to Lamia (38hp)
-Tastes blood: focused target.
Bat5- 8 damage to Meira (99hp)
-Tastes blood: focused target.
aBat1- 10 damage to Lamia (28hp)
-Tastes blood: focused target.
aBat2- 12 damage to Meira (87hp)
aOoze1- (d8+6=) 10 damage to Ash (61hp)
-Engulf attempt: d90= 38, fail
aOoze2- 8 damage to Soph (13hp)
-Engulf attempt: d18= 4, fail.
MM1- 1 damage to Ain (whiff)
MM2- 1 damage to Soph (whiff)
MM3- 1 damage to Ash (70hp)
MM4- 2 damage to BARRIER (94hp)
MM5- 2 damage to Aur (8hp)
MM6- 1 damage to BARRIER (93hp)
MM7-1 damage to Ain (whiff)
MM8- 1 damage to BARRIER (92hp)
DM1- 2 damage to Aur (6hp)
DM2- 2 damage to Ain (16hp)

Meira- 28 damage to Bat3 (KO), 22 damage to Bat5 (KO)
Ain- 6 damage to aBat1 (24hp)
Soph- 6 damage to aBat1 (18hp)
Aur- 4 damage to aBat1 (14hp)
Ash- 30 damage to aBat1 (KO)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 5 damage to Bat1 (15hp)

Bat1- 7 damage to BARRIER (85hp)
-Healed 3, (18hp)
Bat2- 8 damage to Ain (12hp)
Bat4- 6 damage to Lamia (22hp)
aBat2- 11 damage to Meira (76hp)
aOoze- 10 damage to Aur (1hp)
- Engulf attempt d12=4, success
- Aur floats back out.
AOoze2- 10 damage to Meira (66hp)
- Engulf attempt d120=95, success
- Meira takes extra 11 damage (55hp)
MM1- 2 damage to Lamia BARRIER (83hp)
MM2- 2 damage to Lamia BARRIER (81hp)
MM3- 2 damage to Aur BARRIER (79hp)
MM4- 2 damage to BARRIER (77hp)
MM5- 1 damage to Ain (whiff)
MM6- 2 damage to Lamia BARRIER (75hp)
MM7-2 damage to Soph (12hp)
MM8- 1 damage to Ain (15hp)
DM1- 1 damage to Ash (69hp)
DM2- 1 damage to BARRIER (74hp)

Meira- 7, 9 damage to aOoze 2 (14hp)
Ain- 6 damage to aOoze 2 (8hp)
Soph- 5 damage to aOoze2 (3hp)
Aur- 4 damage to aOoze2 (KO)
-- Meira coughs and vomits ooze out onto the floor, still coated with slime.
Ash- 25 damage to Bat1 (KO)
Barrier- x
Lamia- 8 damage to Bat4 (12hp)

Bat2- 5 damage to Lamia BARRIER (69hp)
Bat4- 7 damage to Lamia BARRIER (62hp)
- Heals 3 (15hp)
aBat2- 9 damage to Meira BARRIER (53hp)
aOoze1- 11 damage to Soph (7hp)
- Engulf attempt d18= 14, success.
-Soph floats back out.
MM1- 2 damage to Lamia BARRIER (51hp)
MM2- 2 damage to BARRIER (49hp)
MM3- 1 damage to Meira BARRIER (50hp)
MM4- 2 damage to Aur BARRIER (48hp)
MM5- 1 damage to Meira BARRIER (47hp)
MM6- 2 damage to Soph BARRIER (45hp)
MM7- 1 damage to Soph BARRIER (44hp)
MM8- 1 damage to Aur BARRIER (43hp)
DM1- 2 damage to Ash (67hp)
DM2- 1 damage to Ain (14hp)

Meira- 19 damage to Bat4 (KO), 29 damage to aBat2 (1hp)
Ain- 6 damage to aBat2 (KO)
Soph- 4 damage to Bat2 (16hp)
Aur- 3 damage to Bat2 (13hp)
Ash- 29 damage to Bat2 (KO)
Barrier-x
Lamia- 9 damage to aOoze1 (21hp)

aOoze1- 9 damage to Ain (10hp)
-- Engulf attempt d18=14, success.
-Ain floats back out.
MM1- 1 damage to Lamia BARRIER (42hp)
MM2- 2 damage to Aur BARRIER (40hp)
MM3- 2 damage to Soph BARRIER (38hp)
MM4- 2 damage to Soph BARRIER (36hp)
MM5- 2 damage to BARRIER (34hp)
MM6- 1 damage to Ain (whiff)
MM7- 2 damage to Ain (9hp)
MM8- 2 damage to BARRIER (32hp)
DM1- 1 damage to Meira BARRIER (31hp)
DM2- 2 damage to Lamia BARRIER (29hp)

Meira- 28 damage to aOoze1 (KO), 28 damage to MM1 (KO, gibbed)
Ain- 3 damage to MM2 (7hp)
Soph- 6 damage to MM2 (1hp)
Aur- 2 damage to MM2 (KO)
Ash- 25 damage to MM3 (KO, gibbed, necrophobe)
Barrier-x
Lamia- 10 damage to MM4 (KO)

MM5- 1 damage to BARRIER (28hp)
MM6- 2 damage to Lamia BARRIER (26hp)
MM7- 1 damage to Ash (66hp)
MM8- 2 damage to Ain (8hp)
DM1- 2 damage to Ash (64hp)
DM2- 2 damage to Ain BARRIER (24hp)

Meira- 21 damage to MM5 (KO, gib), 24 damage to MM6 (KO, gib)
Ain- 6 damage to MM7 (4hp)
Soph- 3 damage to MM7 (1hp)
Aur- 3 damage to MM7 (KO)
Ash- 28 damage to MM8 (KO, gib, Necrophobe)
Barrier- x
Lamia- 9 damage to Dm1 (1hp)

DM1- 1 damage to Soph BARRIER (23hp)
DM2- 2 damage to Lamia BARRIER (21HP)

Meira- 28 damage to DM1 (KO, gib), 21 damage to DM2 (KO, gib)

VICTORY
+1bxp
Conscripted MMA (necrophobe), DMa
Scouting.

>> No. 155347
[x] Ask Yuugi about investments. When/If you have the money, would she be fine if you invested in her business?
[x] When you return to the palace:
-[x] Read the Flora and Fauna book.
-[x] Try to analyze the cold iron ore, before sending it to the smith to forge a rod with it.
>> No. 155348
Yikes, BARRIER sure took a beating here.

[x] Check on Emerald. Apologize for failing to take into account that they could target her first.
[x] Read books.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
-[x] Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness

Yes, I know we should order some new equipment between checking on Emerald and reading books. But I don't feel like calculating costs, so I'll let someone else do it.

As for book choices, one is obvious. And the other should be read if possible. Something that could prevent us from critically failing talks every time has to be tried, don't you think?
>> No. 155351
Just thought of something.

Shop's in the city have to register to open. So all Tabby should need to do is ask, Yuugi where the city's record's are kept, then check with them to find out where the bookstore is located, as well as any other shops of interest.
>> No. 155352
Hey, I spotted something: We have fist users that haven't been trained as brawlers. We might want to do something about it.
>> No. 155362
>>155352
Indeed, and as was pointed out in the last thread, even converting Veteran/Elite Mooks is still worth it.

[X] Congratulate your girls.

[X] Yuugi
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).

[X] Bring the ruined sword and the Cold Iron to the Blacksmith to get an estimate for the repair and to see what the Blacksmith has to say about forging the Cold Iron into an item for your use.
[X] Have one of your working fairies stop by Lopez' to buy a Spider-Silk Cap, Spider-Silk Stockings, and Leather Vest (42 silvers total)
>> No. 155386
[x] Ask Yuugi about investments. When/If you have the money, would she be fine if you invested in her business?
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).
[x] When you return to the palace:
-[x] Try to analyze the cold iron ore, before sending it to the smith to forge a rod with it.
-[x] Read the Flora and Fauna book.
-[x] If you canr ead another book after the above one: Return of the King.

Leave Lopez stuff for another day. If we can save money up and invest into Yuugi's business, we will have an extra, constant income.
>> No. 155395
[X] Congratulate your girls.
[X] Yuugi
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).
[X] Bring the ruined sword and the Cold Iron to the Blacksmith to get an estimate for the repair and to see what the Blacksmith has to say about forging the Cold Iron into an item for your use.
[X] Have one of your working fairies stop by Lopez' to buy a Spider-Silk Cap, Spider-Silk Stockings, and Leather Vest (42 silvers total)
[x] Read books.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
-[x] Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness

How about leaving out investments until we have enough cash/income for it?
>> No. 155397
[X] Yuugi
-[x] She will let you know when the oni are ready for another fight/bet, right?
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).
[x] Analyze/feel/whatever the cold iron and see if you can discover anything about it's creation process.
-[X] Bring the ruined sword and the Cold Iron to the Blacksmith to get an estimate for the repair and to see what the Blacksmith has to say about forging the Cold Iron into an item for your use.
[x] Equip the bronze swords to Denny and Johnaton Jones
-[x] Replace Johnaton Jones with Georgia Lilliputian in Garrison Duty.
-[x] Have Denny and Johnaton train with Meira to become Yojimbos
-[x] Transfer Widget and Finni's swords to the already trained Yojimbos
[x] Read as many books as possible for the rest of the day.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
-[x] Principles of Semicondutor Devices

Let's take this opportunity and train new Yojimbos too. This may weaken the army now, but brawler and Yojimbo trainning are similar in time required (3 and 4 turns), so once they are ready, our army will be significantly stronger.

I'm also pretty sure I'm forgetting to change other equipmet, but I'm not that good with this stuff, so I will let it to others, to decide which fairy will use what.
>> No. 155399
Notes:

The copper sword is less "ruined" and more "smashed into tiny bits". Tabby might be able to shave a couple silvers off the price of a new sword if she careful about scraping up as much of the remains as she can, but you're not going to get more than that.

Training more Yojimbo is all well and good, but you might as well just put in an order for another pair of swords; Meira's not going to be able to start training until tomorrow anyways, and that'll be when the new swords are ready.

Tabby's not going to get anything out of just looking at Cold Iron. Should also talk with the smith before getting anything made with it, she'd know more about the stuff and it's properties.


Hmm, occurs to me that I haven't actually voted yet.


[X] Yuugi
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).
[x] Talk to the Blacksmith, and ask her about Cold Iron and it's properties. Order a replacement sword for Deady while you're there.
[x] Read a book.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
[x]Assuming there's time, try to get some practice in with your spells(at least the ones that won't potentially blow your face off).
[x]Fix Barrier and Ash before calling it a night.
>> No. 155401
>>155399

I think he wants to re-use the swords to save money for investing? Though spending 30 silver in one day is kinda counter productive for that objective.

[X] Yuugi
-[x] She will let you know when the oni are ready for another fight/bet, right?
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).
[x] Analyze/feel/whatever the cold iron and see if you can discover anything about it's creation process.
-[X] Bring the ruined sword and the Cold Iron to the Blacksmith to get an estimate for the repair and to see what the Blacksmith has to say about forging the Cold Iron into an item for your use.
[x] Equip the bronze swords to Denny and Johnaton Jones
-[x] Replace Johnaton Jones with Georgia Lilliputian in Garrison Duty.
-[x] Have Denny and Johnaton train with Meira to become Yojimbos
-[x] Transfer Widget and Finni's swords to the already trained Yojimbos
[x] Read as many books as possible for the rest of the day.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
-[x] Principles of Semicondutor Devices
>> No. 155402
>>155399

I think he wants to re-use the swords to save money for investing? Though spending 30 silver in one day is kinda counter productive for that objective.

[X] Yuugi
-[x] She will let you know when the oni are ready for another fight/bet, right?
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).
[x] Analyze/feel/whatever the cold iron and see if you can discover anything about it's creation process.
-[X] Bring the ruined sword and the Cold Iron to the Blacksmith to get an estimate for the repair and to see what the Blacksmith has to say about forging the Cold Iron into an item for your use.
[x] Equip the bronze swords to Denny and Johnaton Jones
-[x] Replace Johnaton Jones with Georgia Lilliputian in Garrison Duty.
-[x] Have Denny and Johnaton train with Meira to become Yojimbos
-[x] Transfer Widget and Finni's swords to the already trained Yojimbos
[x] Read as many books as possible for the rest of the day.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
-[x] Principles of Semicondutor Devices
>> No. 155403
>>155399

I think he wants to re-use the swords to save money for investing? Though spending 30 silver in one day is kinda counter productive for that objective.

[X] Yuugi
-[x] She will let you know when the oni are ready for another fight/bet, right?
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).
[x] Analyze/feel/whatever the cold iron and see if you can discover anything about it's creation process.
-[X] Bring the ruined sword and the Cold Iron to the Blacksmith to get an estimate for the repair and to see what the Blacksmith has to say about forging the Cold Iron into an item for your use.
[x] Equip the bronze swords to Denny and Johnaton Jones
-[x] Replace Johnaton Jones with Georgia Lilliputian in Garrison Duty.
-[x] Have Denny and Johnaton train with Meira to become Yojimbos
-[x] Transfer Widget and Finni's swords to the already trained Yojimbos
[x] Read as many books as possible for the rest of the day.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
-[x] Principles of Semicondutor Devices

Ffs, stop bugging on me, servers.
>> No. 155404
I just get this feeling that there's a reason why Meira required them to use swords of a certain quality or better, aside from the stresses her training would place on the weapons. Can't really say for sure though, but giving the existing Yojimbo substandard weapons might hinder them in some way. Perhaps they'd put enough stress on them through use to make crappy swords break?

Eh, just a precaution. You'd want them to have good gear anyways, though.
>> No. 155407
>>155399
The Sword is listed in the google words document Kahi put up as being "Broken", but still in our possession.

[X] Congratulate your girls.
[X] Yuugi
-[X] Brawl Training
--[X] Pay Yuugi to train Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget as Brawlers (20 silvers total).
[X] Bring the ruined sword and the Cold Iron to the Blacksmith to get an estimate for the repair and to see what the Blacksmith has to say about forging the Cold Iron into an item for your use.
[X] Have one of your working fairies stop by Lopez' to buy a Spider-Silk Cap, Spider-Silk Stockings, and Leather Vest (42 silvers total)
>> No. 155408
>>155407
Kahi said in the chat that what was left of the sword wasn't much more than... how did he put it again? Bits of copper mixed with Deady slush and splinters stuck in one of the Oni's fists? Something like that, at any rate.

So yeah, don't get your hopes up.
>> No. 155409
What are the Lopez items for? Fulfilling requests? Isn't the money better used when we have enough to invest? You onow, an income without having to station potential soldiers seems very attractive to me.
>> No. 155410
>>155408
We still have to go to the Blacksmith to talk with her about forging the Cold Iron (because she will want to talk to us personally about that, and not through some, ah, what did she call it, "empty-head lackey"), and as for broken sword, even if it only shaves a unit of metal off of the price it's still worth it.
>> No. 155411
>>155410
Oh, by all means, bring whatever you can scrape up to the blacksmith, I'm just saying that you shouldn't expect too much out of it.
>> No. 155412
I wonder, do you guys even have a reason to read Principles of Semicondutor Devices? Even if it help us, say, fry the robots better, we still can't participate in the battles ourselves to do that. Nor do we have materials to build some.

So, why?
>> No. 155413
>>155412

Because the future is full of surprises and there might be more uses for electricity than just frying robots. Like enchancing swords.
>> No. 155415
>>155413
...In others words, you didn't actually research what you want to read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semiconductor_device

This. Is. Not. About. Electricity.
>> No. 155416
Called, tally time, leeets see.
>> No. 155418
File 13341839723.jpg - (199.84KB , 764x954 , 8551acea7dbc942e358017bf53e8491f6e6fce47.jpg ) [iqdb]
155418
"Of course, I'll be returning a portion of this to you directly." Tabuki says, gathering most of the silvers and, rather more gingerly, the amulet to herself. "I'll have you train another four into brawlers."

"This time of day? You know that training won't be able to start until tomorrow, right? Not ready to keep an eye on fairies just yet, I need to give those layabouts a good kicking to be sure they're learning their own thing right." Yuugi explains. "If it's just an advance and you'll have them here in the morning, though, I'll take that."

"Be it as it may, then. I'll send them to you directly." Tabuki agrees.

Yuugi nods and collects the coins, sweeping them off the counter and into her palm.

The fairies give her something of a wider berth than normal through the return to the palace. Consciously or not, they seem to be avoiding any chance at all of coming into contact with the knotted star of metal... well, it isn't as though Tabuki can blame them, really.She herself is holding it by the far end of the chain, crafted of some more normal and cheap metal, taking her own care not to touch it inadvertently, lest it peer into her Self again before she's prepared.

Some larger splinters of the blade Deady had used... Tabuki makes a mental note to find something other than the childish mental moniker to call the undead by, but swiftly loses track of the resolution... have been collected and are being carried back. There isn't much. At a fair estimation, it would be lucky for the fragments to equal... even half a unit of metal, likely substantially less. Even so, the rest seemed less 'splintered' than 'powdered', and sifting it out from the dust of the street and traces of gore would likely be a chore simply not in any way worth the effort.

The items are stored safely away, for later consideration. Tabuki spares a moment to inspect the amulet with more mystical senses, but... wary of drawing too close, there is little to discover. A mingled cacophony of magical 'noise' that is a struggle to make sense of, the only thing immediately coming clear being 'cold'ness. But.. not quite, at the same time. Frustrating.

But after even only a cursory inspection, Tabuki finds it very doubtful that simply studying a sample will allow her to happen across a means of producing more of the same. She could likely make the attempt, of course... but somehow she doubts that a normal stroke of brilliance or flash of magical insight alone would be sufficient. Something of it seems ever-shifting... yes. Not only would she need both of the previous, but a moment of perfect perception of what she was contemplating, and a very generous helping of luck besides.

The odds of stumbling across the mystic formulae to its creation by accident, in such a manner, are so very long as to be not worth contemplating for another instant. And so she does not.

Instead she seeks out Satori. Who is, as it happens, not in the library, but in the baths, holding half of a conversation with Meira.

"-level of acidity is present, generall as an aid to the creatures' own digestion." Satori says. "Strangulation attempts of that sort are not uncommon, but I will have a tea prepared that will neutralize the remaining traces and allow it to pass harmlessly through your system. As to the rest, it is problematic, yes. With good fortune, however, there will be no scarring."

Meira makes a disinterested grunting noise, as she splashes a bucket of water over her head.

"Whether you had any intentions in that regard or not is irrelevant. I'm merely saying that, provided you properly rinse the areas, as I have instructed, you will most likely retain the capability. I must insist you do so: do not think me beyond enforcing this ruling. Such matters are not lightly ignored."

There's a wordless grumbling in response, followed by a sudden frown of mild consternation.

"There is no such risk in this case. You did not see any such irregularities in its consistency, did you? I thought not. I will still insist that you use the- Yes one moment." Satori says, waving you off, apparently having picked up on your confusion regarding the conversation.

You're not sure what she's directing Meira to do, but the swordwoman has a look of vague distaste at the prospect. Some medical matter, it seems. Medical practices tend to be unpleasant for everyone involved, so far as you understand. She splashes into a tub of suds, sinking down into the water.

"Yes, very well, cleanse your skin first. But do not believe I will not return to be sure you've followed my instruction. If I must strap you down and administer it myself... I am not unfamiliar with unruly patients, limited as my medical knowledge might be. It will be less pleasant if you force me to this."

Meira makes another wordless scowl.

"And that sort of language is entirely uncalled for." Satori says, shortly. "Now... you wished to utilize the library, I believe?"

Satori waits patiently for you to verbalize your request, but you've lost track of thought for a moment trying to figure out what the other half of the conversation might have been, and if you should chide Meira for rudeness to your host.

"Don't bother." Satori says, interrupting your thoughts once more.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155419
[x] ask if it would be feasible to track down the bookstore, thou the city records.
>> No. 155424
[X] Is there anything you can do to help here?
[X] Ask where the public records would be kept, and would it be feasible to find the bookstore, or other businesses, through them?.
[X] Pay for whatever book is winning
[X] Unequip Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget of any armor and weaponry they have equiped. Also tell them where they're going tomorrow.


There probably isn't anything Tabby can do for Meira at the moment, but it's nice to at least offer.
>> No. 155425
[X] Is there anything you can do to help here?
[X] Ask where the public records would be kept, and would it be feasible to find the bookstore, or other businesses, through them?.
[X] Pay for Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness.
[X] Unequip Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget of any armor and weaponry they have equiped. Also tell them where they're going tomorrow.


Why that book? This is what Amazon had to say about the "Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness".

"Over the last two decades, Eastern thinking has provided a rich counterpart to traditional conceptualizations of psychotherapy. Of central importance, the Buddhist practice of mindfulness, producing a non-judgmental state of self-observation, has served as the inspiration for newly effective interventions. The Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness offers professionals a welcome perspective on this pivotal concept and the ways that it can be used.

A clearly written, up-to-date review and theory-to-practice guide, this volume explores the role of mindfulness (and related concepts in meditation, acceptance, and compassion) and its potential for treating a range of frequently encountered psychological problems."
>> No. 155426
>>155425
And now I wonder if all the books in the list exist. Deleting my previous vote. Hell, maybe this could help deal with necrophobe units?

[X] Is there anything you can do to help here?
[X] Ask where the public records would be kept, and would it be feasible to find the bookstore, or other businesses, through them?.
[X] Pay for Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness.
[X] Unequip Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget of any armor and weaponry they have equiped. Also tell them where they're going tomorrow.
>> No. 155427
[x] Flora and Fauna.
-[x] You'd also like to pay for another book in advance, if acceptable. (Principles of Semicondutor Devices)
>> No. 155428
>>155427
Once again, WHY? (See >>155415)
>> No. 155429
[x] Flora and Fauna.
-[x] You'd also like to pay for another book in advance, if acceptable. (Principles of Semicondutor Devices)
[X] Unequip Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget of any armor and weaponry they have equiped. Also tell them where they're going tomorrow.
[x] Ask Meira when she cans tart trainning new Yojimbos
-[x] If today/tomorrow, give Denny and Marco Chamberpot the two bronze swords. The yojimbos will have to do with Finni and Widget's PM Swords for a while. Give the gauntlets and shields to whichever MM can use them, until the brawler trainning is complete.
>> No. 155430
>>155428

Because SCIENCE!! and "The future is full of surprises". We have more uses for scientific knowledge than trying to pass a CHA roll with the help of a book.
>> No. 155432
>>155430
It could potentially raise our CHA stat. Of course, if you were serious about the power of Science, you would also be recommending we read the first beginning science book, not because it will teach us more about science, but because it will give Tabby a few ideas for some spells that were overlooked when she got instruction from Nitori and Okuu.
>> No. 155433
>>155432

Between 1 CHA and 2 CHA, there isn't much difference.
>> No. 155437
>>155430
Well, I for one wouldn't mind not critically failing talks everytime we try diplomacy with someone we don't have high influence with.

And before training new Yojimbos, how about we get more copper swords first? I can't see Yojimbos not breaking PM swords, after the warning Meira gave. And we really should ask her first. First time we needed her to rest so we had that excuse. Now that we have access to healing magic, I'm not sure she'll be happy to be removed from battles again.

We really could use more class trainers. We have far too many mooks.

>>155433
And if we find something else that boost 1 too? Would going up from 2 to 3 still be bad? It's like gravity: accumulate knowledge and experience in the matter and it will pay off. First training didn't change much, but look how we are now: a few steps from being able to fly.
>> No. 155439
>>how about we get more copper swords first?
The Yojimbo class requires the swords to be bronze or better.

>>First training didn't change much, but look how we are now: a few steps from being able to fly.

Technically, Tabby's ability doesn't let her "Fly" so much as it allows her to "Fall in a direction that isn't towards the ground." But yeah, I do agree with you here. Any stat bonuses are needed badly, as her character build is min-maxed. She can't improve her main skills, which leaves only the ability to improve her dump-stats.
>> No. 155440
>>155439
My bad. Still, it's an even better reason to wait on training more.
>> No. 155443
>>155432
>you would also be recommending we read the first beginning science book

Trying to go for the more advanced and/or stronger things first.

>>155437
>And if we find something else that boost 1 too?

Something like...? This book? Why do you think it will actually increase charisma, instead of just giving a slight boost to phobia/trauma related rolls?

Stop thinking a normal book can do that much, stats aren't supposed to be increased that easily.
>> No. 155444
>>155443
Well, whatever it will do, it can't be as bad as a book on electronics that has even less purpose for Tabby's current situation.
>> No. 155449
Honestly, reading Science for Idiots might be useful after failing so hard trying to pick up engineering.

Nano-medication might be enough to allow Tabby to learn a healing spell on her own now that she knows the necromantic version and putting it together with that book might be enough for her to follow up with that. Maybe a proper BARRIER fixing spell that doesn't eat up tons of MP. Or the ability to create multiple things for attacks on a small scale. Who knows.

Basic Atomic Theorems and Principles might work together nicely with Blast/Flare to add some control to the backlash nature of that spell line.

Principles of Semiconductor Devices could be useful prior to going back to Engineering. Gotta stop brute forcing that check and get some background in that area first. Science: for idiots could also do the same and be helpful.

Neurology: an introduction could be useful if we go down that mind-control thing again with taming creatures that failed so miserably the first time. Maybe even a spell that forces a better CHA roll through magical manipulation(?) who knows.

We tend to jump right into the most difficult books which I wonder if Tabby couldn't do so if her INT wasn't as high as it is.

Ebony Demon of Sylan/Demon and Darkness are walking the line of "LOLTRASH" and "possibly spirit binding related".

Master of Empire/The Mydge Mistress- Possibly next leadership bonus or trash books.

Rune of Doom - Spell bonus or trash.

Iron Apprentice of Celionof - Possibly ore refinement related into learning how to enchant it. Smithing related. Or trash book.

Dick and Jane, 37'th edition - Seems like a complete joke book. BUT. Something about this bothers me. 37'th edition makes me think it's some kind of "how to act" primer. I have an odd feeling this actually helps with our poor CHA stat or at the very least is diplomatic/acting in nature.

The Earth and the Summer/The Secret and the Scourge no idea. Both have too many possible leanings as pure trash or too vague to lean on.
>> No. 155450
>>155449
In my opinion, Demon and Darkness, The Secret and the Scourge, and possibly Mydge Mystress are almost certainly part of the same series as Sorcery of Storm. All the book titles given had alliteration.

Of the non-science books, I think Iron Apprentice is most likely to be helpful. I'd still rather exhaust all the science books first, though.
>> No. 155455
[X] Is there anything you can do to help here?
[X] Ask where the public records would be kept, and would it be feasible to find the bookstore, or other businesses, through them?.
[X] Pay for Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness.
[X] Unequip Chris, Finni, Pebbles, and Widget of any armor and weaponry they have equiped. Also tell them where they're going tomorrow.

I can understand wanting to know more on science, but I believe trying to have better diplomacy skills is more important right now.
>> No. 155456
>>155455
>better diplomacy skills
>Over the last two decades, Eastern thinking has provided a rich counterpart to traditional conceptualizations of psychotherapy.
>psychoterapy
>diplomacy
>> No. 155459
>>155449
Nanomedication seems to be about applying nanotechnology for medicinal purposes. It would not likely be of any help to Tabby, at least not at this point.

Neurology... I'm trying and struggling to figure out what Tabuki could gain from learning that. And if anything can be learned, if it will be useful given her stat arrangement.

If "The Mydge Mistress" is talking about "midges", then it's about a woman that commands flies? Probably not going to be useful. Even if it is, I get the feeling we'd need Charisma for it to be helpful.

Iron Apprentice of Celionof. Only thing I can see when I look up "Iron Apprentice" is a cooking competition. Learning to cook might be useful for day-to-day life. Not likely to be helpful for the Fairy War. Unless there ends up being use for a Cook or a Chef class for some of our troops.

As for Dick and Jane, it seems to be the name of a series of books to teach children how to read. If so, it will be an absolute waste of Tabuki's time and money.
>> No. 155461
>>155459
Mydge could also be a name, in which case it'd probably be some trashy romance novel.
>> No. 155465
Called, blah.
>> No. 155468
File 133426591977.jpg - (657.03KB , 850x811 , sample_38a1b636325ae76d625c3f69854fba40daefba97.jpg ) [iqdb]
155468
"Is there... anything I can do, here, to help?"

"Only if you don't mind helping restrain a stubborn woman." Satori says, shooting a dour look Meira's way. "Else, no."

"I see. Then, before that book, I would like to know: would it be possible to seek out locations of where a shop is located through public records?"

"There are no 'public' records." Satori says, dismissively. "It may be possible to achieve entrance into private city records, however it is unlikely you will find what you seek. The bureaucratic practices of the underground tend to be a complicated morass and entangling dance between the most positively anal of clerks, and the most casually negligent and lethargic of employees. For one reason or another, they will make your life quite difficult before anything of use is gained." Satori says, note of personally recalled annoyance coloring her voice. "As well, what records are kept, and not deliberately removed or accidentally misplaced are not found in a single, centralized repository, but through dozens of scattered storehouses and private offices."

Satori shrugs.

"It seems that it was changed after a number of..." Tabuki notes that it seems that she's paused before deliberately labeling any group, and then continued. "... Individuals found it simpler, near the city's beginning, to simply enter and force locations out of the available clerks than ask directions of other pedestrians. The change was, I believe, implemented to avoid further such coercive research. And bruises. They did give up when they discovered their attempts were generally proving more and more futile, it seems."

"That sounds un-neccesarily complicated." Tabuki notes.

"It is. And now you begin to understand why I prefer to avoid returning my attention to political matters. As for the book?"

Tabuki blinks, before recalling that this was why she returned in the first place, then makes a selection.

Satori leaves her to it, after payment in the library, returning to collect that tea and check on Meira. Tabuki turns her attention to the book.

....

In general, it seems like a particularly large load of philosophical hogwash mingled with obscure psycho-babble. But Tabuki guesses, as she finishes and closes up the text, that it might help. Sometimes. If she needs to remind herself to look closer at something she only glanced at, or if she ends up needing to counsel someone through an obsessive-compulsive disorder, or unreasonable phobia of the color chartreuse, perhaps.

.... She isn't sure how effective it will prove in treating the technically perfectly reasonable fear of being torn apart and devoured by zombies 'again', of course. Well, learning things can probably never be called a waste of time...

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155469
...So, we are so bad at understanding others that benefits won't be clear now? Darn it.

So, we take care of weapons matters now or do we read more?
>> No. 155471
[X] If there's enough time left in the day, go to the Blacksmith's shop.
-[X] Bring the Amulet and the remains of the broken sword with you.

[X] If there's not enough time in the day to go the Blacksmith's, ask Satori if you can pay for books ahead of time,
-[X] If she agrees, pay her 50 silvers for the next ten books.

[X] Heal Barrier before you go to bed.
>> No. 155473
[x] go out looking for the bookstore
- bring Emerald if she has regenerated
[x] ask for direction's to the bookstore from people who are clearly not in a rush.
>> No. 155474
Heal Ash *then* Barrier, just in case Barrier OM NOM NOMs your remaining MP in one go.

[x]Repair Ash. Repair Barrier as well, but wait until before you turn in for the night to do so.
[x]Get some Gravity or (non-Blast)Spell practice in. While Tabby needs to work towards improving both, there's probably only enough time for one or the other.
[x]Abstaining on weapon orders
>> No. 155475
Awesome choice.

[x] Read another book: Flora and Fauna
-[X] If you can't read another book today, then take the Cold iron amulet and go see the smith.
[X] Heal Barrier.


Can we please read a book that will be helpful? Satori has requested we collect some animals once we start venturing into the surface, so this book is guaranteed to be useful.
>> No. 155477
Also, given our new neighhour, knowing something about plants would give us the chance of not putting our foot in our mouth if we ever run into her.

[X] If there's enough time left in the day, go to the Blacksmith's shop.
-[X] Bring the Amulet and the remains of the broken sword with you.

[X] If there's not enough time in the day to go the Blacksmith's, ask Satori if you can pay for books ahead of time,
-[X] If she agrees, pay her 50 silvers for the next ten books.

[X] Heal Ash, then Barrier before you go to bed.
[X] Next book: Flora and Fauna.
>> No. 155479
[X] If there's enough time left in the day, go to the Blacksmith's shop.
-[X] Bring the Amulet and the remains of the broken sword with you.

[X] If there's not enough time in the day to go the Blacksmith's, ask Satori if you can pay for books ahead of time,
-[X] If she agrees, pay her 50 silvers for the next ten books.

[X] Heal Ash, then Barrier before you go to bed.
[X] Next book: Flora and Fauna.
>> No. 155483
[x] Read another book: Flora and Fauna
-[X] If you can't read another book today, then take the Cold Iron amulet and fly/float to the smith.
[X] Heal Ash, then Barrier.

Eh, the broken pieces aren't going to be useful, and paying in advance is...well, I would be fine with it, if it were just one or two, and for books to read in the same day. But paying for 10 books at once?
>> No. 155491
[X] If there's enough time left in the day, go to the Blacksmith's shop.
-[X] Bring the Amulet and the remains of the broken sword with you.

[X] If there's not enough time in the day to go the Blacksmith's, ask Satori if you can pay for books ahead of time,
-[X] If she agrees, pay her 50 silvers for the next ten books.

[X] Heal Ash, then Barrier before you go to bed.
[X] Next book: Flora and Fauna.
>> No. 155516
>...So, we are so bad at understanding others that benefits won't be clear now? Darn it.

I like it. It seems like we have a terminal case of social ineptitude. Like AIDS or Republicans, it's so far beyond the event horizon of bad, that it'd pointless to keep trying. In my opinion.
>> No. 155518
>>155516
I can't tell if it's that Tabuki's poor Charisma makes it exceedingly difficult to grasp any useful social cues from it, or if the book itself just didn't cover anything that was directly useful.

>>... if she ends up needing to counsel someone through an obsessive-compulsive disorder, or unreasonable phobia of the color chartreuse, perhaps.

The phrasing suggests that the book itself might be a little too removed from anything that would be of help. Other than maybe reminding Tabuki to think some things over twice.
>> No. 155519
>>155516
>pointless to keep trying. In my opinion.

Ah ah. Like I said before, it's like gravity: one book itself isn't going to give Tabby teh ability to comprehend others's emotions.

>>155518
A bit of both maybe? It seems that Tabby is very poor at understanding others. Therefore, a book that deal with helping others to deal with big emotionnal issues like phobias, something that Tabby seems to think as not a big issue and simply deal with by not putting necrophobe unit near zombies...

You know what? We need to talk with Emerald on that issue. If someone can help with this, it has to be her. And if she can't, then it's clear that -something- must happen for Tabby to completely lose her cool. Because I can't remember a time where she felt genuine anger or fear, and not on the small scale.

Maybe, once she experience that...
>> No. 155523
>>155516
>pointless to keep trying. In my opinion.

What you need to keep in mind is that the stats also affects things such as HP and MP. We know that our MP score is "MAG x INT x 100", and since our numbers for both of those stats are 9, we end up with 8100 MP (the maximum possible).

HP is very likely to be "POW x CHA x 100". Since both the CHA and POW stats are 1 for Tabuki, her HP is going to stay at 100 HP. Increase either of those stats by even 1 however, and even if we still won't be passing any CHA/POW rolls, it will increase her HP to something above the absolute minimum (which is 100 HP). So we should still continue trying to raise her other stat scores if possible, because it still benefits us to do so, and is not pointless as you suggest it is.

Additionally, Yuugi's Power stat is likely to be 9, with her Charisma stat at 5. Why? Because back in thread 2 she very directly implied that if we could do "An attack like that again", we would take her out of the fight. The attack did over 2000 damage. That in turn would put her HP in the 4500~ range, which fits with both stat numbers.

So yeah, we should keep trying to increase Tabuki's CHA and/or POW scores, because it is very worthwhile to do so.
>> No. 155524
>>155523
Nitpicking, but Kahi seems to have suggested that Yuugi has a Power stat above 9. He said that Yuugi would have to be under a handicap to even possess a chance at failing anything relying on a Power check.

Yuugi's strong, even for an Oni.
>> No. 155527
>>155524
True, but there's a difference between stat scores and race/game traits. It's likely Yuugi's POW score is 9, but that as an Oni and one of the Four Deva's she also has some game/race trait(s) which push it "Above" even that for POW rolls (which in turn would likely also mean bigger dice are needed for any POW rolls for her there). However, that wouldn't affect her HP as the HP is only counting the stats, not the traits.
>> No. 155638
[X] If there's enough time left in the day, go to the Blacksmith's shop (try to practice some flying along the way).
-[X] Bring the Amulet and the remains of the broken sword with you.

[X] If there's not enough time in the day to go the Blacksmith's, ask Satori if you can pay for books ahead of time,
-[X] If she agrees, pay her 50 silvers for the next ten books.

[X] Heal Ash, then Barrier before you go to bed.
[X] Next book: Flora and Fauna.
>> No. 155639
>>155638

It's a valid vote, because DQ is kinda abandoned votes have not been called yet.
>> No. 155641
File 133494337481.png - (22.98KB , 722x550 , EPassages.png ) [iqdb]
155641
Consider them called, though I put it off because I wasn't looking forward to doing things like pic related. Yay, MSpaint.
>> No. 155642
File 13349452871.jpg - (83.54KB , 821x582 , bcacc5db5bdc9e4a9554ff8ae1ef25b9873248d2.jpg ) [iqdb]
155642
Well, for now, there's time to go speak with the smith. There won't likely be time for another book afterward, of course, but there will be other times for that. Tabuki has one of the fighters in better condition carry the slivers collected from the copper sword, floating just far enough out of reach of the amulet that if it suddenly took it upon itself to rear up on its chain and strike like a snake, she wouldn't be within reach.

The smith inspects the splinters dispassionately.

"Ss.. barely anything remainss. If you wissh to use thesse to build a new one, you will not have much of a disscount. I can lower the price thiss time to 28s, to recreate the blade."

That's only a four silvers discount... still, though, it's probably better than she could have hoped for, not much was salvageable in the first place.

"As well, I would like to discuss converting the metal of this into a weapon..."

"Not a ssimple tassk." The smith hisses. "Magical metalss are... temperamental, at besst. They sshape themselvess, as much ass the ssmith does. It will take time. Sseven dayss."

"... There's no way to speed that process?" Tabuki asks.

"Ssome thingss cannot be rushed." The smith explains. "Ass well... it will not be a cheap matter. Ssupplying the metal ass you are, product cosstss can be waived, but sshaping ssuch a thing that hass already been sshaped once... it will be more difficult than giving a firsst form to raw ore. It hass had time to become acclimated to thiss sshape and purposse... it will not eassily give it up for ssomething new."

The smith is speaking as though the metal is alive... well, since touching it, Tabuki can kind of understand that point of view.

"Difficult work, yess. And with difficulty comess expensse. I cannot craft it for lesss than ssixty ssilverss. As well, you might undersstand that there iss some element of rissk to you inherent in thiss material. I cannot remove that entirely, however... there are ways to easse the metalss misstrusst of you, to... cusshion thingss. But it will carry an extra expensse of itss own, and do not believe another will be able to eassily pick up and wield ssuch an item in your sstead, after."

"You would be... personalizing the weapon, to some degree?" Tabuki asks. "Or something like that."

"It iss not quite the word I would usse, but closse enough. It will require an extra thirty ssilverss for material cossts... and ssome quantity of your own blood."

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155643
Satanic tunnels and satanic weapon! I have a good feeling about this.

[x] Pay up, customized and everything.
-[x] Rod: give it the image of a winged girl being strangled by a skeleton. Preferably something easy to carry/swing in one hand. However, don't trade power for convenience, if the size alters it's effectiveness, go for the option which hits the hardest.

I know it costs more, but I think it referencing how Tabuki's mother died, and how our little necromancer's undead forces shall crush the surface fairies is too good to pass up.

Also, Kahi mentioned that the militar uniform increases Tabuki's experience gain of her Leadership perk, so here's hoping this will give her an offensive boost.
>> No. 155644
>>155641
Well that isn't ominous in the slightest.

[x]Hold off on getting anything done with the Cold Iron for now, but ask about it's properties. You already have the gist of what it would do as a weapon, but you don't know it's effects on a defensive item.
-[x]Do, however, get a replacement sword made.
-[x]Abstaining on purchasing other items, though another pair of swords for more Yojimbo could be handy.
[x]Quick stop by Lopez's, ask him what a human-sized piece of equipment would run you. Meira could use a robe or something.
-[x]If Lopez's isn't open, go get some non-Blast spell practice in, and don't forget to fix Ash and Barrier before bed.
>> No. 155647
>>155643
It's not customizing in terms of shape, it's making sure our weapon doesn't want to kill us. If it was shaping it, 30 silvers would be a ripoff.

I also find your imagery very poor. Are you trying to imply that our undead armies will invade heaven and strangle our mother?
>> No. 155648
[x] Make a rod of the Cold Iron.
-[x] Do the blood thing. Let the metal shape itself, as the Smith said.
--[x] Take out a little extra of your blood to give to Deady.
[x] Ask about fixing a breastplate with a hole through it.
[x] Reforge the copper sword.
[x] Drop by Lopez's if you have time and see if he could make a cape, and if so, how much it would be.

I don't like the sound of the cold iron, so making it happy seems nice. Reforging the copper sword seems wise, and we might want to get a sword for Denny Leafcutter while we're here, if we have enough silvers.
>> No. 155649
Kahi mentioned a while ago in chat that Cold Iron would only grant it's anti-fae properties to Danmaku shots, which Tabby can't actually do yet. Might want to hold off on the rod for a bit and gear up fairies that actually see combat on a regular basis.
>> No. 155651
>>155647
>It's not customizing in terms of shape, it's making sure our weapon doesn't want to kill us. If it was shaping it, 30 silvers would be a ripoff.

Oh. Well, that's sad. Then my vote is just to give the blood, ignore the appearence part. ;_;

>I also find your imagery very poor. Are you trying to imply that our undead armies will invade heaven and strangle our mother?
>how Tabuki's mother died, and how our little necromancer's undead forces shall crush the surface fairies

Tabuki's owner was strangled, wasn't her?

Also, it's butterfly wings, but it seems I forgot to write that detail. Eh, not that it matters anymore.
>> No. 155652
[x] Make a rod of the Cold Iron.
-[x] Do the blood thing.
[x] Ask about fixing a breastplate with a hole through it.
[x] Reforge the copper sword.
[x] Go home and read another book.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
>> No. 155654
Yay, this updated. I've actually been looking for map-making software myself. If I find any good ones, I'll post it here.

>>155651
I'd assume it's because something under our command in the carving would be doing the strangling, and the strangling is meant to be a reference to our mother, who we would rather not have been strangled.

>>155652
Unfortunately, we probably won't have time for a book.

>>155649
What, seriously?

[x] Make a rod of the Cold Iron.
-[x] Do the blood thing.
--[x] Take out a little extra of your blood to give to Deady.
[x] Ask about fixing a breastplate with a hole through it.
[x] Reforge the copper sword.
[x] Drop by Lopez's if you have time and see if he could make a cape, and if so, how much it would be.
[x] Learn from a danmaku mook how to make danmaku.
-[x] Don't forget to fix Ash and Barrier before bed.
>> No. 155655
>>155641

Isn't that one of Yukari's gaps?
>> No. 155657
>>155654
To word that in a slightly better fashion: a Cold Iron Rod would grant it's bonuses to Danmaku shots or attempts to kneecap a fae, but not to actual spells. Tabby would need to learn the whole Danmaku thing to really get anything out of it. So she either has to ask around to see if anyone's willing to give her a hand in learning it, or try to work it out herself during some spell practice.
>> No. 155660
>>155657
We can ask Lily to teach us how to make Danmaku. I'm sure she'd be overjoyed that we came to her with that request. Hell, we can even repay her with the Negotiator. Also, >>155648 and >>155654 , why are you two trying to give your most loyal zombie a taste of your blood/flesh? I know you guys are trying to "Reward" her, but the method you're trying to go about it is pants on head stupid.

[X] Make a rod of the Cold Iron.
-[X] Do the blood thing. Let the metal shape itself, as the Smith said.
[X] Reforge the copper sword.
[X] Don't forget to fix Ash and Barrier before bed.
>> No. 155661
>>155660
>I'm sure she'd be overjoyed that we came to her with that request.

No. Don't even think this again. That's the same thing as admitting loud and clear for everybody in the wars just how weak Tabby is and an easy way of defeating her.
>> No. 155663
>>155661
Or it would more likely be seen as a sign of how valuable/worthy we consider Lily's skill with Danmaku to be. You know, one of those things which improves Tabby's Influence with Lily, considering Lily's obsessionlove of Danmaku.
>> No. 155664
Danmaku: Yuugi might be up for giving some tips, Okuu might as well(and, if she can't help much, you can ask for more physics lessons instead). I'd also suggest Satori, but she's usually pretty busy, and Rin would want payment.
>> No. 155667
>>155663

You know one does not exclude the other, right?
>> No. 155669
I don't see why we can't just ask one of our troops.

Failing that, pretty much anyone other than Lily would be good. Not only is she an opponent in a war, but she betrays people for kicks.
>> No. 155676
>>155669
>>I don't see why we can't just ask one of our troops.

The fact that they are very small not-too-bright fairies might be a good starting reason. I don't agree with the assessment of Lily here (she's in this for FUN!, and having Tabby squished so easily this early on isn't much fun. Plus, helping others with their Danmaku is a good thing from Lily's perspective), but I can't see us asking our own Danmaku troops for help not having the potential to have them start to, you know, doubt our abilities/skill/competence at worst, or leaving us having wasted our time at best. The best teachers are going to be Satori, Yuugi, or Lily, but I'll throw in some analysis of others we can ask as well.

Satori may teach us due to our friendliness with her, but she may not be able to teach us due to time constraints in her own schedule. Additionally, she may ask for something in return. Not that big of a deal, but also likely to just not happen due to other things going on.

Orin can teach us, but she'll want another favor in return. We may also want to see if we can get her to carry us to some places though (Jewelry Shop, Book Store, Marisa/Alice's house).

Okuu might be able to teach us, but the fact that she has a lot of duties and responsibilities that take up most of her time makes that very unlikely.

Nitori doesn't know us that well, but it is possible we could get her to teach us Danmaku, but like Orin, I expect Nitori to ask a favor of some sort from us in turn.

Yuugi may teach us due to our friendliness with her, but she may not be able to teach us due to the fact that she has to run a bar, along with the fact that she is currently training a few of our troops and those four Oni that we just defeated (again) besides.

Lily would probably be enthusiastic to train us in how to create and use Danmaku, but she'd probably also demand ask us for another rematch to see how well we're learning under her tutelage. Unless we ask for the ability to stop in that match, we'd probably get knocked back to 1HP again. Thankfully we do have a (very painful) healing spell, so it wouldn't be the same issue as it was last time. We might also be able to dump the Negotiator off on her as "Payment" for Lily's training.

Finally, our own troops are Fairies, and while some of them are going to know their craft well, I doubt many of them can teach it with the same proficiency. We might be able to piece together what the majority of them are going to very poorly try to explain, but it's likely that this route would be the most time-consuming of them all.
>> No. 155679
We do have Emerald as a viable chose, to learn Danmaku form.
>> No. 155682
>>155679
Emerald is a Melee Specialist. She started out as a Melee Specialist as well.
>> No. 155683
>>155682

So both Cirno, and Yuugi are melee specialists as well, doesn't mean they don't know how to fire Danmaku.
>> No. 155684
>>155683
Unless you're voting in your post, kindly sage your posts.
>> No. 155697
File 133512848767.jpg - (74.48KB , 700x511 , 68c4c74667b6da6d4efdab3ea00497015a3c89a0.jpg ) [iqdb]
155697
Ninety silvers in total. Quite the sum, for the moment, but it seems fair enough. Tabuki nods, and the smith fetches a small, sharpened piece of metal, before removing the amulet from its chain and setting it in the bottom of a stone bowl. Then she nods.

"Cut your palm... place the hand, ssmeared with blood, directly on the metalss ssurface." She instructs.

Tabuki hesitates for just a moment, then grimaces and slices through one hand. Red drips through her fist, and it hurts a little, but that's only to be expected. She stretches out the hand and lays it against the amulet.

For a moment, nothing happens.

Then, it is as though jagged hooks of ice have sunk into her palm, inching slowly up her arm, as the metal greedily slurps at her offering, bloodflow increasing as the world spins and... lightheaded, it all comes to an end, as her breath comes in ragged gasps.

She moves her hand away. The amulet, and her palm, are both coated with blood but there is no more than a thin, angry red line on her hand to reveal the source. Even so, she feels faint and weak from the emptiness inside, having lost a great deal in one shot... -50hp, total 50/100

The smith collects the bowl and takes it into the back before returning.

"The copper blade as well... and if I could ask about mending the puncture in a breastplate?"

"Pot metal? Pointlessss. That point will alwaysss be weaker than the resst. Bring it back or throw it out, and have a new one forged." She advises. "One hundred and eighteen ssilverss. The blade will be ready tomorrow. The rod will take a week."

Tabuki pays and floats out, trying not to let on how weak she feels from the process.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155700
>>155698
Guys, it's already stated there's no more time for books.

[x] Float back to the palace. Time for rest.
>> No. 155706
[x] Have a private chat with Emerald. Ask her how she shoots danmaku, and try to copy her.
>> No. 155708
>>155706
No one else is going to second your vote as it is. Your best bet is to tie it in with another vote list and hope it gets carried along.
>> No. 155711
>>155705
Remember that time Tabby tried to heal herself with Wild Magic and made herself sick? What you want her to go for is pretty much what happened back then, and it's not worth the risk of making her sick or worse when natural healing will cover it just fine(with Mending on hold if an emergency comes up).

>>155706
Emerald doesn't shoot Danmaku. And before you try to bring up the whole "But Cirno and Yuugi are punchy types and they can use Danmaku" thing again, I'll point out that they are MASSIVELY more powerful than Emerald, with a lot more experience on top of that. She might be able to make a weak shot or something, but even if she can she's probably not going to be any real help on the matter.

Yuugi's probably one of Tabby's better options here, though she might want a spar or two in return once Tabby's figured it out.


[x]Head back to the Palace for rest
[x]Heal Ash and BARRIER
>> No. 155712
[x] Float back to the palace to rest.
[x] Have a private chat with Emerald. Ask her how she shoots danmaku, and try to copy her.
-[x] If Emerald cannot use danmaku, ask Ella Canreadalot instead.
-[x] Also ask Emerald if she knows a good way to make Morte not hate you, or at least not hate you more than she already does.
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.
-[x] Try out the necromantic healing spell you have on yourself at least once if you have any MP left to get a feel for what it feels like if you have to use it on yourself.

The necromantic thing will hurt like a bitch, but we've got 50 hp, and it only incapacitates people for I think up to 5 rounds or something, which each last maybe 30 seconds. Wild magic, no way.

And I personally believe that every fairy can shoot some form of danmaku, but if not, we have plenty of fairies who definitely can.
>> No. 155714
[x] Float back to the palace to rest.
[x] Have a private chat with Emerald. Ask her how she shoots danmaku, and try to copy her.
-[x] If Emerald cannot use danmaku, ask Ella Canreadalot instead.
-[x] Also ask Emerald if she knows a good way to make Morte not hate you, or at least not hate you more than she already does.
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.
-[x] Try out the necromantic healing spell you have on yourself at least once if you have any MP left to get a feel for what it feels like if you have to use it on yourself.
--[x] Orin said that healing magic was "Speedin' up natural healing of stuff. Second, givin' a big chunk of your own energy to feed what it takes to keep that level of healing goin'." If you still have any MP left, see if you can imitate that sort of healing on yourself before going to bed. You're not likely to figure out Healing right away, but it is worth seeing what you can do with what little you know.
>> No. 155715
>-[x] Also ask Emerald if she knows a good way to make Morte not hate you, or at least not hate you more than she already does.

Why should we care? No, why should Tabby care about Morte's opinion on her?

>-[x] Try out the necromantic healing spell you have on yourself at least once if you have any MP left to get a feel for what it feels like if you have to use it on yourself.

This is a bad idea. Orin said tha tthis spell is more like "putting things back into place", while normal healing magic speeds up the healing process. Tabby doesn't have anything out of place, she just did a small cut and lost blood. The blood lost cannot be "put back".

[x] Float back to the palace to rest.
[x] Have a private chat with Emerald. Ask her how she shoots danmaku, and try to copy her.
-[x] If Emerald cannot use danmaku, ask Ella Canreadalot instead.
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.
>> No. 155716
>>155715
I think you're interpreting fluff a bit too much. The spell heals hitpoints, and we need hitpoints. No need to make it more complicated than that. If you need to explain it to yourself, think of the spell as forcing atoms of iron, oxygen, and such into the shapes found in blood.

As for Morte, I don't really think it's necessary, but we're already talking with Emerald anyway. Plus there's nothing stopping Morte from purposefully misinterpreting orders, taking a really long time, not really trying in battle, lots of stuff.

[x] Float back to the palace to rest.
[x] Have a private chat with Emerald. Ask her how she shoots danmaku, and try to copy her.
-[x] If Emerald cannot use danmaku, ask Ella Canreadalot instead.
-[x] Also ask Emerald if she knows a good way to make Morte not hate you, or at least not hate you more than she already does.
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.
-[x] Try out the necromantic healing spell you have on yourself at least once if you have any MP left to get a feel for what it feels like if you have to use it on yourself.
>> No. 155719
>why should Tabby care about Morte's opinion on her?
Because we've been so inattentive to the wants of our troops, with the requests and stuff.
[x] Float back to the palace to rest.
[x] Have a private chat with Emerald. Ask her how she shoots danmaku, and try to copy her.
-[x] If Emerald cannot use danmaku, ask Ella Canreadalot instead.
-[x] Also ask Emerald if she knows a good way to make Morte not hate you, or at least not hate you more than she already does.
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.
-[x] Try out the necromantic healing spell you have on yourself at least once if you have any MP left to get a feel for what it feels like if you have to use it on yourself.
>> No. 155720
Sigh.

Emerald is, to be blunt, not particularly bright, nor is Tabby particularly perceptive. Nothing much will come of trying to lea- You know what? Screw it. I'll just point out that you're trying to have a decently long conversation and trying to get lessons when it's late and Tabby's down a good chunk of blood. All she really has the time and energy for at the moment is to heal up her units and pass out the moment her face hits a pillow.

As for Morte? She'll probably improve her mood if you invest in her. Stick a Moderate Fire Spirit into that copper mace of hers and she'll probably perk up a bit if it's flashy enough.
>> No. 155723
>>As for Morte, I don't really think it's necessary, but we're already talking with Emerald anyway. Plus there's nothing stopping Morte from purposefully misinterpreting orders, taking a really long time, not really trying in battle, lots of stuff.

Additionally, Morte is also the second most powerful of our troops due to her Survivor trait. Once her training is done, she will return to us as an Conscript Assault-Miko with 18HP, and her damage rollout, even without weapons, will be 1d3+2+2+6 (a minimum of 11 damage per turn, a max of 13). Emerald, our most powerful fairy general in play, without weapons, can do 2d4+6 damage per turn (a minimum of 14, a max of 20).

So yes, we should care about Morte's opinion of us, and we do want her happy with us, because she is flat out one of our most powerful troops at the moment. Giving her better armor and weaponry makes her one of our best powerhouses to throw into battle. Making her happy with us means we nip any potential issues in the bud before they have a chance to develop.

>>155720
>>As for Morte? She'll probably improve her mood if you invest in her. Stick a Moderate Fire Spirit into that copper mace of hers and she'll probably perk up a bit if it's flashy enough.

Indeed. I honestly want to get her into as much steel armor as possible, but I doubt that's going to occur anytime soon. At the very least, we should bind as much as possible to Morte's gear. We should also test out soon to see what binding a fire element to a shield, or perhaps that punctured pot-metal armor will do. Curiousity and all that.
>> No. 155730
>>155716
>As for Morte, I don't really think it's necessary, but we're already talking with Emerald anyway. Plus there's nothing stopping Morte from purposefully misinterpreting orders, taking a really long time, not really trying in battle, lots of stuff.

That's interesting. None of that has happened at all yet. You guys worry about nothing.

[x] Float back to the palace to rest.
[x] Have a private chat with Emerald. Ask her how she shoots danmaku, and try to copy her.
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.
-[x] Try out the necromantic healing spell you have on yourself at least once.

Asking a basic troop how to fight in the most common and basic style in the entire land is retarded.
>> No. 155736
Morte seems to be most attached to her boots, so I'd leave those be until she can be asked what, if anything, she wants stuck into them. As for gluing fire to the mace, well, Flambeau. It should also be noted that Morte's not going to cut and run, or anything else along those lines, because of the whole (honorary)Greater Fae thing. You'll want to keep an eye on her when the war ends though, if she hasn't gotten some Influence boosts by then.

And, uh, if you want to learn how to be a Touhou, then you ask an actual Touhou, and not some cannon-fodder fairy.
>> No. 155737
[x] Float back to the palace.
[x] Ask Emerald about how to fire danmaku, and see if you can work out how to do it yourself.
-[x] If Emerald can't really help, try asking Rhapsody Starlight. She's supposed to be a danmaku enthusiast, if you remember right.
[x] Ask Emerald if she has any advice to make Morte not hate you, or at least not hate you more than she already does.
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.
[x] Orin said that healing magic was "Speedin' up natural healing of stuff. Second, givin' a big chunk of your own energy to feed what it takes to keep that level of healing goin'." If you still have any MP left, see if you can imitate that sort of healing on yourself before going to bed. You're not likely to figure out Healing right away, but it is worth seeing what you can do with what little you know.
[x] Once the above are done, get some rest.
>> No. 155738
[x] Float back to the palace.
[x] Ask Emerald about how to fire danmaku, and see if you can work out how to do it yourself.
-[x] If Emerald can't really help, leave it for another time.
[x] If Morte doesn't like you, she can go fuck herself and everyone who sharess the same opinion as her. You are the boss here, and if she has a problem with that, she may as well try her chances against you personally..
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.

Holy fuck, screw Morte's opinion. You guys just love theorizing about bad shit that isn't really a problem.
>> No. 155740
>>155738
Seriously. I'm one of the more paranoid voters and even I think you're all worrying about nothing here. Giving her nice gear will improve her mood, and she'll be getting it anyways due to that Survivor perk. Personally, I'm more concerned with the ones who think giving Wild Magic healing another go is a good idea, given what happened last time.

I'm also against asking various fairies about Danmaku, but that's mostly because I believe it to be a pointless waste of time than anything else. If you want to learn how to vomit out gigantic bullet curtains, ask people who can actually do it themselves, rather than just coughing up one shot per turn(if that).
>> No. 155748
Hmm, interesting bit in the Patchy thread on Danmaku. Seems like Danmaku isn't hard, but Tabby might be better off building up her spells and reworking them so they're non-lethal after the fact; though you'll probably want Danmaku anyways, to get those Cold Iron bonuses... Eh, I suppose we'll find out later.
>> No. 155750
>>155730
You'll notice we're only doing that if Emerald doesn't know how to shot danmaku.

I can understand the Morte hate, but it's not as if we're going out of our way to please her yet. If it turns out she wants oni handmaids or some shit like that to keep her happy, I'll be first in like to tell her to fuck off. But if she wants something like better armor and stuff, which by the way we don't know for sure will make her happier, then we should know to do that.

I will agree with the naysayers on one thing: why is wild healing magic a serious option?

[x] Float back to the palace to rest.
[x] Have a private chat with Emerald. Ask her how she shoots danmaku, and try to copy her.
-[x] If Emerald cannot use danmaku, ask Ella Canreadalot instead.
-[x] Also ask Emerald if she knows a good way to make Morte not hate you, or at least not hate you more than she already does.
[x] Heal Ash and Barrier.
-[x] Try out the necromantic healing spell you have on yourself at least once. You might have to use it on your own troops at some point, and you'd like to be able to say you know exactly what they went through.
-[x] No wild magic.
>> No. 155752
>>155750
An Attempt At Spell Creation =/= Wild Magic.

Just saying.
>> No. 155754
Tabby hasn't received any training in actual Spellcraft, so yes, it is Wild Magic.
>> No. 155756
>>155754
Spellcraft is doing something a specific way to get a specific effect. Whether or not it is eloquent or efficient however is a totally seperate issue.

So we know the process, and we know the general steps involved. Yes, we can cludge together a very crappy healing spell. No, it isn't wild magic. Need I remind you that Tabuki has already created some spells as it is? You know, from the science books? You know, the ones that have no spells whatsoever in them.
>> No. 155757
If Tabby actually knew something about anatomy/physiology, she might have somewhere to start working it out.

She doesn't.

So she's going to have to hurl magic at the problem and hope something sticks and doesn't cause something to go horribly wrong when it does. That's Wild Magic.
>> No. 155759
>>That's Wild Magic.

Sorry to butt in here, but Wild Magic is Wild Magic. This seems to be an attempt at Spell Creation. Arguing that it might be too soon or that Tabuki might not have enough info to fully cludge it together is a valid tactic to take, but arguing that it is Wild Magic is not, because this isn't Wild Magic at all. This is clearly an attempt at Spell Creation.

I think we might have the basics for it down, but I also think we might need to read a book or two in order to actually make the spell.
>> No. 155761
Might have knee-jerked a bit there, but I'll stand by my main point that they're trying to make a new spell with nothing more to go on than a short comment from Rin. No physiological knowledge, no prior experience with non-necromantic healing spells, nothing.

If she reads a book on anatomy/physiology, I can see her cobbling up something basic off of that like she did with the higher physics books. The trick is, of course, finding one.

Anyways, like I said earlier, I'll be surprised if she can do much more than fixing up Ash and BARRIER before zonking out for the night, especially if she tries out Mending on herself.
>> No. 155769
>>155752
>If you still have any MP left, see if you can imitate that sort of healing on yourself before going to bed.
Trying to do magic things without a spell sounds like wild magic to me.

And even if it technically isn't, as we have absolutely no training in either the medical or mystic arts, this course of action is as likely to wind up doing something bad or drain us of all our mana as regular wild magic.

And believe me, I'm all for trying stuff with magic. I actually think we should try to make another permanent shield like Barrier, though I don't hold out hope for that shield being able to switch targets.

We might actually stand a snowball's chance in hell of making a healing spell if we read Nanomedication, but as it stands, even I know there's no way we'll make progress.

And we're not even testing this spell on a disposable subject, we're doing it on ourselves.
>> No. 155820
File 13353840517.jpg - (368.00KB , 800x1127 , f6b8f53300948e233a8c5c3d984167e6fa859a8b.jpg ) [iqdb]
155820
Tabuki heads back to the palace. By now, the fairies that were somewhat battered in the clash against the Oni, but not outright destroyed, are properly capable of some interaction. Emerald is the most important of them, for the moment, and Tabuki quickly takes her aside to talk.

"... Not sure why you're coming to me about this, I mean... I'm not exactly the best magic-ey fairy around. I punch things a lot better." Emerald says, rubbing the back of her neck.

"It doesn't matter. I only need to know the basics."

"Alright, alright... here goes. I can do the really simple kinds, a little..."

Emerald holds out a hand and focuses, brow creasing with the effort. After a moment, something similar to a soft green soap bubble swells into existence above her palm, and she relaxes.

".... And there you go. Mine don't have much punch, so I generally stick to my body if I need to do anything important with it. Once you have this, you only need to throw it at someone, and-"

"That doesn't explain how to make it at all, though." Tabuki points out.

"... Um. Heh, yeah, I guess." Emerald says, tossing the bubble aside to fizzle out against the floor. "It's really not hard, though. You just... make a magic shell, and put magic into it, for something like that. The more neat stuff, I dunno... fireballs and stuff. Wouldn't know how to do any of that, myself. Anyway, like anything, it takes practice to do a whole lot, easily, but a lot don't really even bother to get too far with it. Go ahead and try to make one, I guess? It's not so easy for me to explain, but it's really simple to actually do, even if you can't do much with it yourself..."

Tabuki focuses. After a long minute, a plain white orb sets into place, and she frowns.

"... That's really all there is to it?" She asks.

"Well, you'll probably not have much kick to it, starting off. But yeah. You should be able to make a few at once, but they'll be weaker than one big one. That kinda goes without saying though..."

"... I don't even feel any actual drain on my reserves, from this..."

"Oh, yeah! It's really cost effective, but it comes from not being able to do any actual harm to anything with it. That's really all I can tell you, though..."

"Alright. About... Morte."

"I wouldn't try to get friendly with her right away." Emerald says. "Grudges, and all. Let her finish training, come back and get equipped again, give her a few days to take her spleen out on other things, then maybe start making overtures if you want her to like you."

She shrugs.

"It's not going to be an overnight thing, though. Anyway, it doesn't really matter for the purpose of the war. She'll follow your orders even if she's trying to poison you in her time off.... but yeah, if you want her to do anything for you outside of that, it'll be better if she's not actively trying to make you dead at the same time, or anything."

"... Hm."

Tabuki shakes her head, then shifts in place, heading off for the last few errands of the day before sleep. Ash's repair doesn't seem to come as easily as it should, but the skeleton looks fairly close to top condition after its completion. Good enough. 1d6=2 *9 = 18. -25mp, heal 18hp. Ash hp = 82/90, Tabuki mp = 6483/8100

Barrier seems to be in much worse condition from the start. Tabuki doesn't hold back, and just floods the construct with mystical energy to prompt its rejuvenation... it's more draining than might have been expected, and leaves her feeling something close to empty in terms of magical reserves, but Barrier is restored to full functionality from the effort. That's good. 1d100=63, 8100*.63= 5103. -5103mp, Barrierhp = 115/115, Tabuki mp = 1380/8100

There's just one more matter, then. Testing the Mending spell on a living target. Certainly, Orin had said it was painful, but just descriptions probably wouldn't be enough. Conveniently, Tabuki herself is somewhat injured enough to make the efforts worthwile, and so as Emerald watches uncertainly, she turns the spell on herself.

1d6=1, 1*9=9, 9/2 = 4.5 = 4. -25mp, heal 4hp. Tabuki hp = 54/100, mp = 1355/8100

The next thing Tabuki knows is that she's flat on her back, limbs twitching, every fiber of her body seeming to burn and spasm with agony, a panicked looking Emerald holding her in place. Sore and tired, and she feels like she can hardly move on her own.

In spite of that, and the lingering torment that's set its fiery hooks through her body, she actually feels very slightly better in terms of things caused by missing blood. Nothing near, however, even the sort of recuperation just a good night's sleep might bring. She can safely say that the spell was, in this instance, probably not at all worth it.

"Don't... do that to yourself again!" Emerald demands, once Tabuki is together enough to make her state of consciousness known. "I thought you were going to die for a minute... You just started screaming and fell to the ground, thrashing.... You bit your tongue in the middle of it. I thought you bit through your tongue, and... just don't do that, okay?"

Nerves still shot from the experience, Tabuki can't do more than make a mumbled sound that offers no promises either way, as she drifts off into blackness.

---

A new day comes with her feeling much better, aside from a lingering ache in her very bones that makes her regret, once again, using that spell on herself.

Scouting Reports:

EP-1
Bats: 8a
Spiders: 4c, 2a, 1v.
Crawling Ooze: 2a, 1v
Cave Squid: 3e
MMx4, DMx8

---

[Chris, Finni, Widget, Pebbles] set to begin Brawler training. (0/3 days)
- Unequipped Spike PM Gauntlets, PM Sword, PM Large Shield of Subtle Endurance, PM Sword, PM Large Shield.
[Narutaru, Morte, Telma, Ruby] continue Miko training. (2/7 days)
[Henna Buckle] shifted class to [Berserker] Base 18 hp, 1d6 damage.

Copper 2H sword repaired and delivered.
Cold Iron Rod under construction (1/7 days)

Current Silvers: 62


Injury Breakdown:

Tabuki: 69/100hp, 2555mp
Meira: 62/120hp
Ash: 82/90hp
Barrier: 115/115hp
Lamia: 37/45hp

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.

-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
-- [ ]Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 150, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [ ] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Pick a fight.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Sakura
-- [ ] Healing: Current price = 2s per 1hp healed.
-- [ ] Utsuho [Influence/Perception]
-- [ ] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
---> Class: Miko- 12hp, 1d3+1 damage. [Sakura Training], Auto-[Assault], No Diety -> Diety: Yatagarasu.

-- [ ] Write-in.
-[ ] Yuka
-- [ ] Write-in.
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Fairie Bazaar trip. [Emerald + up to one other escort]
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship [Influence, Rank]
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus.
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels II area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through Your tunnels 'V'
-[ ] Through Your tunnels, 'VI' Do not seem to lead to surface?
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 155824
>Basic Danmaku: Can shoot one target/round for (1*Mag) damage, or fire up to (Mag) separate bullets for 1 damage each. Accuracy is not guaranteed in either case.

Fix'd. Also, miko fairies can heal in or out of battle, but not both in the same day.
>> No. 155826
[x]Bind a Moderate Fire Spirit to Morte's Copper Mace.
[x]Find some rocks and start grinding your Danmaku skill, Korean MMO style.
-[x]Try to get some work done on your spells as well, but stick to the ones that won't potentially blow your own face off or leave you writhing on the ground from the pain.

All I have at the moment, might change things up later.
>> No. 155827
>>155824
This makes me think, has Tabuki participated in any normal fight recently? I know she has bigger fish to fry, but still...
>> No. 155829
>>155827
Tabby, by virtue of not being an actual fairy, can't directly participate in fights over territory unless there's a Leader-class enemy present.

So she'll have to do what she can with the local geography instead of live targets.
>> No. 155831
I'm pretty sure Nitori's mentioned at some point that busted Turrets are coming out of Tabby's paycheck, and that the turrets explode when they go down. Set zombies to block the toxin turrets and zerg the personnel, and ask Nitori to shut down turrets by order of threat. I'm also pretty sure that if Emerald is close enough to give her bonuses, she's also close enough to be a valid target, so her holding back wouldn't do anything if this is that case. Better to give her a couple of low level mook bodyguards while she hammers things.
>> No. 155833
Hmm, thinking on it, you might want to ask Emerald if it's kosher to back up out of the turrets' range once all other targets are down, wait for Nitori to shut the turrets off, then swoop back in afterwards for the capture.
>> No. 155836
[x] Ask the fairy's if any of them know the way to the bookstore
[x] if yes go head to the bookstore
If no
[X] Saleen, Marco, and Georgia. Are to go out and look for the bookstore
[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Ellette iron rod
She is a fire flinger the, interactions should be interesting.
>> No. 155837
>>155835
I... don't think any areas with Toxin turrets have actually been attacked yet, so there's no evidence either way that assigning zombies to body block them/intercept their shots will work or not. If one has, just chalk this up to faulty memory. I remember votes going that way, but I can't remember if they actually won or not and I don't have the time to go looking right now.

And "all other targets are down" would naturally include non-Kappa targets.
>> No. 155850
>>155849
Assuming you can drop the Kappa on the first round, you'll want to have Nitori shut the mini-cannons down last, as after they've taken their shot they're harmless if they're not reloaded, and Nitori takes her first turn dragging the downed Kappa away so she's not stopping either of them before they fire.
>> No. 155853
[X] Unstation Kari.
[X] Equip the 2H Copper Sword to Deady.
[X] Equip one of the unused Pot-Metal Spike Gauntlets on Rainy.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield of Subtle Endurance on Ella.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield on Dena.
[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Morte's Copper Mace.

[X] Read a book again.
-[x] Flora and Fauna.

[X] War Plans.
[X] All the unstationed Fairies are to take Kappa Labs-3.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Tell Nitori that you would prefer it if she was to focus on shutting down the active and loaded Mini-Cannons, Flechette Turret, then the Toxin Despensor in that order. The empty turrets can be ignored until the end.
---[X] Focus fire on taking out, in order, the Kappa Wrench-monkeys, the Mini Robo Spiders, and then the DM's and MM's.
----[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops here.

[X] Meira, Barrier, Marshmallow, Lamia, The Zombie Fairies, the Spirits, and Ash are to take Tunnels IV, Area 6.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Focus on killing the Spiders, the Cave Squid, then the Zombie Faires in that order.
---[X] Barrier is to give priority on protecting Meira, Lamia, and Marshmallow. Protect the others if need be, but if she has to choose, protect those three first.
----[X] Marshmallow is to stay back and focus on healing troops. Meira is her first priority for healing, but ask her if she can try and heal the others when and where needed.
-----[X] If anyone is somehow swallowed, focus on freeing them.
------[X] Dead2 is to protect Marshmallow from any enemy stupid enough to get close to her in this battle.
>> No. 155854
[X] Unstation Kari.
[X] Equip the 2H Copper Sword to Deady.
[X] Equip one of the unused Pot-Metal Spike Gauntlets on Rainy.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield of Subtle Endurance on Ella.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield on Dena.
[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Morte's Copper Mace.

[X] Read a book again.
-[X] Flora and Fauna.

[X] War Plans.
[X] All the unstationed Fairies are to take Kappa Labs-3.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Tell Nitori that you would prefer it if she was to focus on shutting down the active and loaded Mini-Cannons, Flechette Turret, then the Toxin Despensor in that order. The empty turrets can be ignored until the end.
---[X] Focus fire on taking out, in order, the Kappa Wrench-monkeys, the Mini Robo Spiders, and then the DM's and MM's.
----[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops here.

[X] Meira, Barrier, Marshmallow, Lamia, The Zombie Fairies, the Spirits, and Ash are to take Tunnels IV, Area 6.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Focus on killing the Spiders, the Cave Squid, then the Zombie Faires in that order.
---[X] Barrier is to give priority on protecting Meira, Lamia, and Marshmallow. Protect the others if need be, but if she has to choose, protect those three first.
----[X] Marshmallow is to stay back and focus on healing troops. Meira is her first priority for healing, but ask her if she can try and heal the others when and where needed.
-----[X] If anyone is somehow swallowed, focus on freeing them.
------[X] Dead2 is to protect Marshmallow from any enemy stupid enough to get close to her in this battle.

Jeez Louise, that's a lot of things to copy and paste into a vote.
>> No. 155856
I'm going to suggest again we get unequipped fairies to jump in front of the turrets so we don't lose equipment. I think we can afford to lose a couple 1d2s a turn, but then I haven't really done the math.

Also that retreating while Nitori shuts off the turrets sounds like a great idea.

[X] Unstation Kari.
[X] Equip the 2H Copper Sword to Deady.
[X] Equip one of the unused Pot-Metal Spike Gauntlets on Rainy.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield of Subtle Endurance on Ella.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield on Dena.
[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Morte's Copper Mace.

[X] Satori
-[x] Pay to read a book
--[x] "Flora and Fauna"

[X] War Plans.
[X] All the unstationed Fairies are to take Kappa Labs-3.
-[X] Roll Strategy
-[X] Tell Nitori that you would prefer it if she was to focus on shutting down the active and loaded Mini-Cannons, Flechette Turret, then the Toxin Despensor in that order. The empty turrets can be ignored until the end.
-[X] Focus fire on taking out, in order, the Kappa Wrench-monkeys, the Mini Robo Spiders, and then the DM's and MM's.
-[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops here.
-[X] If at some point there is only turrets left, retreat until they have all been neutralized.

[X] Meira, Barrier, Marshmallow, Lamia, The Zombie Fairies, the Spirits, and Ash are to take Tunnels IV, Area 6.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Focus on killing the Spiders, the Cave Squid, then the Zombie Faires in that order.
---[X] Barrier is to give priority on protecting Meira, Lamia, and Marshmallow. Protect the others if need be, but if she has to choose, protect those three first.
----[X] Marshmallow is to stay back and focus on healing troops. Meira is her first priority for healing, but ask her if she can try and heal the others when and where needed.
-----[X] If anyone is somehow swallowed, focus on freeing them.
------[X] Dead2 is to protect Marshmallow from any enemy stupid enough to get close to her in this battle.
>> No. 155857
If you guys are so focused on reading a book, might I suggest you add in a subvote to ask about paying Satori for the right to prepay for books.

Also, those two ghosts? We need jewelry to bind them in to. Jewelry we do currently not have. Which means we need to find the Jewelry Store and/or talk to Rin.
>> No. 155858
I'd rather focus on Danmaku and/or spell practice. Having the bling on hand is all well and good, but you can't capture them if you can't beat them.
>> No. 155865
>>155857

Hmm, no, we don't jewelry to bind them. We can bind them into anything and their bonus will be the same, regardless of item used. Jewelry is just a common item useable by all.
>> No. 155868
>>155857
>>155865

Why don't we bind them into anything and after leveling the bind perk and leanr how to unbind/transfer bindings we move the spirits to something more useful?

We could also customr order something from the smith for Tabuki, and use it. Like, a pair of bronze high-heeled boots? Looks nicer and bronze is the middle metal, so it should resist blows decently. Not to mention the defensive bonus to the fragile glass cannon is always welcome.
>> No. 155871
>>155865
>>155868
He does have a point about asking to see if we can prepay for books though.

[X] Unstation Kari.
[X] Equip the 2H Copper Sword to Deady.
[X] Equip one of the unused Pot-Metal Spike Gauntlets on Rainy.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield of Subtle Endurance on Ella.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield on Dena.
[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Morte's Copper Mace.

[X] Satori
-[X] Ask about prepaying for books. If yes, prepay for a couple more books.
-[X] Flora and Fauna.

[X] War Plans.
[X] All the unstationed Fairies are to take Kappa Labs-3.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Tell Nitori that you would prefer it if she was to focus on shutting down the active and loaded Mini-Cannons, Flechette Turret, then the Toxin Despensor in that order. The empty turrets can be ignored until the end.
---[X] Focus fire on taking out, in order, the Kappa Wrench-monkeys, the Mini Robo Spiders, and then the DM's and MM's.
----[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops here.

[X] Meira, Barrier, Marshmallow, Lamia, The Zombie Fairies, the Spirits, and Ash are to take Tunnels IV, Area 6.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Focus on killing the Spiders, the Cave Squid, then the Zombie Faires in that order.
---[X] Barrier is to give priority on protecting Meira, Lamia, and Marshmallow. Protect the others if need be, but if she has to choose, protect those three first.
----[X] Marshmallow is to stay back and focus on healing troops. Meira is her first priority for healing, but ask her if she can try and heal the others when and where needed.
-----[X] If anyone is somehow swallowed, focus on freeing them.
------[X] Dead2 is to protect Marshmallow from any enemy stupid enough to get close to her in this battle.
>> No. 155873
Since I know you guys have been rabid about that damn book in this delusional fantasy that it will somehow give you magical advice on how to deal with Yuuka and have decided to ignore the all too reasonable suggestion here, I'm going to at least second >>55871 's sub-vote to try and get the most out of this lame choice here.

[X] Unstation Kari.
[X] Equip the 2H Copper Sword to Deady.
[X] Equip one of the unused Pot-Metal Spike Gauntlets on Rainy.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield of Subtle Endurance on Ella.
[X] Equip the unused Pot-Metal Large Shield on Dena.
[X] Bind a Medium Fire to Morte's Copper Mace.

[X] Satori
-[X] Ask about prepaying for books. If yes, prepay for a couple more books.
-[X] Flora and Fauna.

[X] War Plans.
[X] All the unstationed Fairies are to take Kappa Labs-3.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Tell Nitori that you would prefer it if she was to focus on shutting down the active and loaded Mini-Cannons, Flechette Turret, then the Toxin Despensor in that order. The empty turrets can be ignored until the end.
---[X] Focus fire on taking out, in order, the Kappa Wrench-monkeys, the Mini Robo Spiders, and then the DM's and MM's.
----[X] Emerald is to stay back and direct the troops here.

[X] Meira, Barrier, Marshmallow, Lamia, The Zombie Fairies, the Spirits, and Ash are to take Tunnels IV, Area 6.
-[X] Roll Strategy
--[X] Focus on killing the Spiders, the Cave Squid, then the Zombie Faires in that order.
---[X] Barrier is to give priority on protecting Meira, Lamia, and Marshmallow. Protect the others if need be, but if she has to choose, protect those three first.
----[X] Marshmallow is to stay back and focus on healing troops. Meira is her first priority for healing, but ask her if she can try and heal the others when and where needed.
-----[X] If anyone is somehow swallowed, focus on freeing them.
------[X] Dead2 is to protect Marshmallow from any enemy stupid enough to get close to her in this battle.
>> No. 155874
>>155873
I voted for it because I thought it could tell us what kinds of animals and plants had useful bits. Anyone who thinks it will help us with Yuuka is, quite frankly, stupid. I didn't even know people were arguing that.

Also, chill. Anon will probably overwhelmingly vote for jewelry next time, as long as it's voted early for people to copy and paste.
>> No. 155875
>>155874
I know someone was voting for that reason, though your reason for voting that way makes sense. Still, we should at least try to see if we can prepay for books.

And I apologize if I came off "Angrily" there, but Kahi stated in-story that these spirits aren't going to hang around for very long, so we need to hit those things before they up and disappear on us.
>> No. 155887
>>155873
>book in this delusional fantasy that it will somehow give you magical advice on how to deal with Yuuka and

Nope. I don't even know why you think that. Flora and Fauna has been a common suggestion for a long time, but always lost to other books who seemed to be better/more useful, like the books who gabe access to Blast and Flare. It only makes sense it would win, after most physics/science books are read and specially after Satori made her request of capturing wild animals.

Not to mention that owning another favor to Rin to learn where a damned store is locate is expensive as hell. Why not ask Yuugi or another salesman? Even random people (specially women and their husbands) should be able to give directions to a jewelry shop.

Not to mention >>155868 suggestion of binding them to common equipment.
>> No. 155893
>>I don't even know why you think that.

Because some mentioned doing it for exactly that reason. Also, the idea of binding them into "Common equipment" sucks massive amounts of donkey dick, as these bindings give stat and magical/spell bonuses. Had either of you been paying attention in the first place, you would know that.
>> No. 155895
>>155893
Then bind it to armour. Tabuki can wear armour herself too.

Or bind one of them to her hat. We can bind something to anything.
>> No. 155897
First, sage your posts when you're not voting. Second...

>>We can bind something to anything.

No, we really can't. Besides, binding it to "Armor" means that if we wish to continue getting those specific benefits out of it, we're stuck wearing that armor, continuously. We're better off binding it to Jewelry over anything else, and you should know this. Armor can be broken, and the binding lost. Jewelry is much harder to break in that regards. Gods, why does this really need to be explained to you here?
>> No. 155899
I believe the idea was to bind the spirits to whatever was on hand, and when Tabby eventually levels her Binding talent up enough to transfer spirits, she could relocate them into something more easily used.

Or at least I think that was the idea. I'm staying out of this myself.
>> No. 155900
>>155899
That assumes that we can move the bindings, instead of just removing them. The Shamanistic Binding infact doesn't say shit about transferring bound spirits or elements, only "Removing them", "How many elements/spirits can be bound into a single item", and "How many times Tabuki can do this each day".

So yeah, the thought that we can "Transfer over bound spirits and elements from one item to another" is quite frankly bullshit.
>> No. 155901
>>155900

Once Tabby levels up, she should be able to attract the spirits. The only reason we need to hold the territory they're found on is because she still lacks that skill.
>> No. 155902
>>155897
I'm just saying that jewelry isn't the only thing we can use for the spirits we browbeat into submission, so could you kindly stop treating it as if it's the only valid option?

You could just as easily use a ribbon, or something else that can be worn without obstructing anything else. God knows they would be less costly than most jewelry would be.

My point is that anything works, so long as we can have it on our person when it's needed.
>> No. 155903
>>My point is that anything works, so long as we can have it on our person when it's needed.

The clothes Tabby owns are considered one whole item in game terms. That in turn leaves us with a cloak/cape, gloves, a scarf, or jewelry.
>> No. 155904
>>155903
The Scarf, the Cape, and the Cloak are likely to take up the same item slot there.

Realistically though, the jewelry have the most utility here. Provided of course we can gain access to them. That said, the gloves would likely be the easiest to gain hold of, but we don't know if we'll get a worse binding out of it. After all, these are Named Spirits here, and as Yuugi pointed out, "The advice she can give about binding is to put them in something 'appropriate' to the spirit, and she'd probably be more likely to have good results.

"'Or a little bauble or gem. From what I'm guessing about this thing, those would probably work just as good.'"

>> No. 155987
Called.

Also, correcting an error regarding the troops in Kappa Labs area 4. There's supposed to also be 3MM and 6DM fairies there, on top of the stuff already listed. Fixing that.
>> No. 155997
File 133583189113.png - (535.16KB , 500x1000 , surprise.png ) [iqdb]
155997
"I'm... not sure I really get..." Emerald started, as Tabuki took the mace, warmed as though by a fire, but not burning hot to the touch, and returned it to its current weilder. A more powerful element meant more powerful rewards... but it also meant that it had been more difficult to bind it. Not to the extend that she had actually had to fight it in order to force it to accept the bindings....

But not far off, either. Much stronger, and she would have had to use force... no matter.

"I don't see what the difficulty is. The troops fight better with your assistance, and if you are removed from battle, morale suffers." Tabuki explained. "So I want for you to... make it as hard as possible to remove you from battle."

"Yeah, I get that, but... they fight better, because I'm fighting with them. Right beside, through the worst of it. If I'm just hanging back and yelling, it's not really going to work, once they've realized I'm not fighting. They'll wonder why I'm not fighting. It'll be like I wasn't there at all, at best."

"But until they do, you can..?" Tabuki asked, pointedly. It shouldn't take long, and after that it's a non-issue.

"... I guess I can try that. But after this time... they're going to remember, and they'll see it right away if I try it again." Emerald said, uncertainly.

"That's a matter for later concern. For now, you have your orders, correct?"

"Yeah, I know. Well, let's see how it works out..." Emerald says, taking flight to join the rest of her troops in heading for the battlefield of the day.

And Tabuki watched for only a moment before making her way back to the Palace.

Satori was, as ever, in the library and perfectly prepared to accept coinage in return for time with a book. Flora and Fauna...

It seems that Satori herself has scribbled a lot of annotations and notes in the margins of this book, clarifying things and correcting items of note that may be different elsewhere than they are here. It's particularly helpful, as far as she can tell and there are a few tips that stick out... [Basic Tracking]

By the time it's finished, the troops are returning, and Tabuki catches sight of a mildly annoyed, and much healthier-looking, Meira and a very smugly satisfied-seeming Lamia... is she larger still, again? It seems so, but also, she's swelled outwards somewhat, for some...

There's a sudden, rapid deflation, and while Meira still seems annoyed, the Lamia suddenly seems rather less pleased with herself. As though a spoon of sweet fruit pudding had been snatched from her mouth, somehow, or something. Odd.

---

[Basic Tracking]- Tabuki can attempt to locate animals and such things, rather than trust in chance to cross paths with something, though the difficulty of finding a given specimen varies. At this level, something of a crude novice. The relevant stats are [Perception], [Intelligence], and [Luck]. In addition, she can now identify certain wild plants and fungi that are edible.

[Unhinged Jaw]- If a smaller opponent of at least one rank less than the Lamia is ensnared and KO'd, she may devour them, and leech health equal to her normal attack roll from them every round, until their death. Following this, if a corpse remains, she gains [Regen (1)] until the corpse is fully digested.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 155998
Fairy Swarm (43)

vs

Kappa Wrench-monkey x4. Mini-Cannon Turret x2, Flechette turret x2, Toxin Dispensor Turret. MMx4, DMx4, Mini Robo-Spider x12

Strategy roll: d10=9, success. Flat +4hp +1damage
Swarm: 43 fae = +2 damage
Emerald: No attack, troop direction only? (No Morale bonus bluffing successfully?)
Focus Target: Kappa > MRS > DM > MM

Nitori: neutral, turret-shutdown.

---

Emerald-x
Akira-x
Bell-x
Dominique-x
Russet-x
Vanda-x
Alexandria-x
Denny-x
Rainy-x
Sue-x
Koreka-x
Xerxissa-x
Saleen-x
Marco-x
Georgia-x
Kari-x
Chiko- 10 damage to (d4=3) KWM3 (50hp)
Levina- 8 damage to KWM3 (42hp)
Yumiko- 10 damage to KWM3 (32hp)
Fabrizia- 6 damage to KWM3 (26hp)
Elizabeth- 8 damage to KWM3 (18hp)
Iona- 9 damage to KWM3 (9hp)
Mallea- 8 damage to KWM3 (1hp)
Ella- 5 damage to KWM3 (KO)
Beatrice- 12 damage to (d3=1) KWM1 (48hp)
Dena- 5 damage to KWM1 (43hp)
Mieszko- 5 damage to KWM1 (38hp)
Tokkiki- 5 damage to KWM1 (33hp)
Gakuen- 4 damage to KWM1 (29hp)
Usagi- 5 damage to KWM1 (24hp)
Onako- 5 damage to KWM1 (19hp)
Natalie- 4 damage to KWM1 (15hp)
Ellette- 22 damage to KWM1 (KO)
Honey- 17 damage to (d2=2) KWM4 (43hp)
BB- 13 damage to KWM3 (30hp)
Yumi- 14 damage to KWM3 (16hp)
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x
Indigo- 15 damage to KWM3 (1hp)
Deirdre- 14 damage to KWM3 (KO)
Henna- x

KWM2- x
MCT1- 68 damage to (d51=1) Emerald (KO, -4hp)
MCT2- 55 damage to (d50=10) Sue (KO, Dead, Greasy smear)
F. T1- (6d49= 14,26,10,34,21,18) 24 remaining
-4 damage to Georgia (10hp)
-4 damage to Mieszko (10hp)
-4 damage to Koreka (10hp)
-9 damage to BB (14hp)
-6 damage to Iona (18hp)
-7 damage to Yumiko (17hp)
F. T2- (6d49= 7,29,34,41,20,9) 24 remaining
-10 damage to Alexandria (15hp)
-5 damage to Usagi (9hp)
-9 damage to BB (5hp)
-9 damage to Henna (25hp)
-7 damage to Elizabeth (12hp)
-10 damage to Rainy (9hp)
TD T- (4d49= 3,32,10,4) 36 remaining
-1 damage to Dominique (23hp) Poisoned (1d4)
-1 damage to Ellette (23hp) Poisoned
-1 damage to Koreka (9hp) Poisoned
-1 damage to Russet (23hp) Poisoned
MM 1 : 4-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d41=3) Dominique (22hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d41=5) Vanice (18hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d41=7) Alexandria (13hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d41=33) Honey (22hp)
MRS 1 : 12-x

Nitori-x

Poison:
Dominique takes 4 damage (18hp)
Russet takes 3 damage (20hp)
Koreka takes 1 damage (8hp)
Ellette takes 3 damage (20hp)

fae = 41

Regen:
Alexandria heals 3hp (16hp)

Akira- 12 damage to KWM2 (48hp)
Bell- 13 damage to KWM2 (35hp)
Dominique- 11 damage to KWM2 (24hp)
Russet- 10 damage to KWM2 (14hp)
Vanice- 9 damage to KWM2 (5hp)
Vanda- 8 damage to KWM2 (KO)
Alexandria- 10 damage to MRS1 (15hp)
Denny- 8 damage to MRS1 (7hp)
Rainy- 9 damage to MRS1 (KO)
Koreka- 5 damage to MRS2 (20hp)
Xerxissa- 4 damage to MRS2 (16hp)
Saleen- 5 damage to MRS2 (11hp)
Marco- 5 damage to MRS2 (6hp)
Georgia- 5 damage to MRS2 (1hp)
Kari- 4 damage to MRS2 (KO)
Chiko- 10 damage to MRS3 (15hp)
Levina- 8 damage to MRS3 (7hp)
Yumiko- 11 damage to MRS3 (KO)
Fabrizia- 7 damage to MRS4 (18hp)
Elizabeth- 8 damage to MRS4 (10hp)
Iona- 9 damage to MRS4 (1hp)
Mallea- 8 damage to MRS4 (KO)
Ella- 5 damage to MRS5 (20hp)
Beatrice- 12 damage to MRS5 (8hp)
Dena- 6 damage to MRS5 (2hp)
Mieszko- 4 damage to MRS5 (KO)
Tokkiki- 5 damage to MRS6 (20hp)
Gakuen- 4 damage to MRS6 (16hp)
Usagi- 5 damage to MRS6 (11hp)
Onako- 4 damage to MRS6 (7hp)
Natalie- 5 damage to MRS6 (2hp)
Ellette- 21 damage to MRS6 (KO)
Honey- 19 damage to MRS7 (6hp)
BB- 12 damage to MRS7 (KO)
Yumi- 12 damage to MRS8 (13hp)
Frances- 12 damage to MRS8 (1hp)
Quinn- 11 damage to MRS8 (KO)
Janice- 13 damage to MRS9 (12hp)
Indigo- 10 damage to MRS9 (2hp)
Deirdre- 16 damage to MRS9 (KO)
Henna- 13 damage to MRS10 (12hp)

MCT1-x
MCT2-x
F. T1- (6d49= 15,26,42,13,48,44) 18 remaining
-9 damage to Kari (5hp)
-6 damage to Mieszko (4hp)
-8 damage to MM1 (2hp)
-6 damage to Marco (8hp)
-3 damage to DM3 (7hp)
-5 damage to MM3 (5hp)
F. T2- (6d49= 8,15,9,15,5,42) 18 remaining
-7 damage to Denny (12hp)
-4 damage to Kari (1hp)
-7 damage to Rainy (2hp)
-8 damage to Kari (KO, -7hp)
-3 damage to Vanice (15hp)
-7 damage to MM1 (KO, -5hp)
TD T- (4d47= 24,11,6,9) 32 remaining
-1 to Dena (22hp) Poisoned
-1 to Xerxissa (13hp) Poisoned
-1 to Vanda (20hp) Poisoned
-1 to Rainy (1hp) Poisoned
MM2- 2 damage to (d40=16) Levina (22hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d40=31) Ellette (19hp)
MM4- 2 damage to (d40=2) Bell (28hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d40=34) Yumi (18hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d40=2) Bell (26hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d40=38) Indigo (15hp)
DM4- 1 damage to (d40=25) Mieszko (3hp)
MRS10- 18 damage to (d47=4) Russet (2hp)
-1d2=1: Stunned
MRS11- 12 damage to (d47=3) Dominique (6hp)
-1d2=1: Stunned
MRS12- 17 damage to (d47=22) Ella (9hp)
-1d2=2: Not Stunned

Nitori- Shuts down F. T1

Poison:
Dominique takes 3 damage (3hp)
Russet takes 4 damage (KO, -2hp)
Vanda takes 3 damage (17hp)
Rainy takes 1 damage (KO)
Koreka takes 4 damage (4hp)
Xerxissa takes 2 damage (11hp)
Dena takes 4 damage (18hp)
Ellette takes 3 damage (16hp)

fae= 38, swarm =+1damage

Regen:
Alexandria heals 3hp (19hp)

Akira- 10 damage to MRS10 (2hp)
Bell- 12 damage to MRS10 (KO)
Dominique-x
Vanice- 7 damage to MRS11 (18hp)
Vanda- 8 damage to MRS11 (10hp)
Alexandria- 8 damage to MRS11 (2hp)
Denny- 7 damage to MRS11 (KO)
Koreka- 4 damage to MRS12 (21hp)
Xerxissa- 4 damage to MRS12 (17hp)
Saleen- 4 damage to MRS12 (13hp)
Marco- 3 damage to MRS12 (10hp)
Georgia- 4 damage to MRS12 (6hp)
Chiko- 9 damage to MRS12 (KO)
Levina- 8 damage to DM1 (2hp)
Yumiko- 9 damage to DM1 (KO)
Fabrizia- 5 damage to DM2 (5hp)
Elizabeth- 7 damage to DM2 (KO)
Iona- 8 damage to DM3 (KO)
Mallea- 8 damage to DM4 (2hp)
Ella- 4 damage to DM4 (KO)
Beatrice- 11 damage to MM2 (KO)
Dena- 4 damage to MM3 (1hp)
Mieszko- 3 damage to MM3 (KO)
Tokkiki- 3 damage to MM4 (7hp)
Gakuen- 4 damage to MM4 (3hp)
Usagi- 4 damage to MM4 (KO)
.......

MC1-x
MC2-x
F. T2- (6d38= 38,27,23,10,3,33) 12 remaining
-9 damage to Henna (16hp)
-6 damage to Onako (8hp)
-8 damage to Mieszko (KO, -5hp)
-3 damage to Saleen (11hp)
-3 damage to Dominique (KO)
-7 damage to Frances (23hp)
TD T- (4d36= 24,10,8,29) 28 remaining
-1 damage to Tokkiki (13hp) Poison
-1 damage to Marco (7hp) Poison
-1 damage to Xerxissa (10hp) 2xPoison
-1 damage to Ellette (15hp) 2xPoison

Nitori- Shuts down F. T2

Poison:
Dominique takes 1 damage (-1hp)
Russet takes 3 damage (-5hp)
Vanda takes 4 damage (13hp)
Rainy takes 3 damage (-3hp)
Koreka takes 3 damage (1hp)
Xerxissa(2) takes 5 damage (5hp)
Marco takes 4 damage (3hp)
Dena takes 3 damage (15hp)
Tokkiki takes 2 damage (11hp)
Ellette(2) takes 3 damage (12hp)

fae = 36

Regen:
Alexandria heals 3hp (22hp)

MC1-x
MC2-x
TD T- (4d36=11,13,10,31) 24 remaining
-1 damage to Georgia (13hp) Poison
-1 damage to Levina (21hp) Poison
-1 damage to Marco (2hp) 2xPoison
-1 damage to Frances (22hp) Poison

Nitori- Shut down TD T.

Poison:
Dominique takes 2 damage (-3hp)
Russet takes 4 damage (-9hp)
Vanda takes 3 damage (10hp)
Rainy takes 4 damage (-7hp)
Koreka takes 4 damage (KO, -3hp)
Xerxissa(2) takes 6 damage (KO, -1hp)
Marco(2) takes 6 damage (KO, -4hp)
Georgia takes 2 damage (11hp)
Levina takes 1 damage (20hp)
Dena takes 2 damage (13hp)
Tokkiki takes 3 damage (8hp)
Ellette(2) takes 3 damage (9hp)
Frances takes 1 damage (21hp)

Nitori- shuts down MCT1

Poison:
Dominique takes 4 damage (-7hp)
Russet takes 2 damage (-11hp)
Vanda takes 4 damage (6hp)
Rainy takes 4 damage (-11hp)
Koreka takes 2 damage (-5hp)
Xerxissa(2) takes 4 damage (-5hp)
Marco(2) takes 6 damage (-10hp)
Georgia takes 4 damage (7hp)
Levina takes 3 damage (17hp)
Dena takes 1 damage (12hp)
Tokkiki takes 4 damage (4hp)
Ellette(2) takes 6 damage (3hp)
Frances takes 3 damage (18hp)

Nitori- shuts down MCT2

Poison:
Dominique takes 1 damage (-8hp)
Russet takes 2 damage (-13hp)
Vanda takes 3 damage (3hp)
>Rainy takes 4 damage (-15hp)
Koreka takes 3 damage (-8hp)
>Xerxissa(2) takes 7 damage (-12hp)
Marco(2) takes 4 damage (-14hp, dead)
Georgia takes 1 damage (6hp)
Levina takes 3 damage (14hp)
Dena takes 2 damage (10hp)
Tokkiki takes 3 damage (1hp)
Ellette(2) takes 3 damage (KO)
Frances takes 3 damage (15hp)

Victory
+1bxp to all non-KO'd.
Conscripted MMA, DMA
Rainy: -15/19, d19=19 Battle Scarred
Xerxissa: -12/14, d14=13 Battle Scarred
Scouting Labs-5

--------------

Meira, Marshmallow, Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Indead, Ain, Soph, Aur, Ash, Barrier, Lamia

vs

Master ZF, Avg ZFx4, ZFx4, CSx4, Cave Spider x2, MMx3, DMx3

Focus Spider > Squid > Zombie > fairy
Marshmallow: Heal only, focus Meira > others.
Dead2: Marshmallow defense.
Barrier: Tank for Meira, Lamia, Marshmallow.

---

Meira- 24 damage to Sp1, 26 damage to Sp1 (KO)
Marshmallow- Heals
-10 to Meira (72hp)
-8 to Meira (80hp)
-8 to Meira (88hp)
-8 to Meira (96hp)
Deady-x
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
George-x
Indead-x
Ain- 6 damage to Sp2 (19hp)
Soph- 5 damage to Sp2 (14hp)
Aur- 2 damage to Sp2 (12hp)
Ash- 26 damage to Sp2 (KO)
Barrier-x
Lamia- 5 damage to (d4=4) CS4 (5hp)

ZF 1 : 4-x
aZF1 : 4-x
MZF- x
CS 1 : 4-x
MM 1 : 3-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d13=11) Ash (81hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d13=13) Lamia BARRIER (114hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d13=3) Deady (35hp)

Meira- 21 damage to CS4, 22 damage to CS1 (KO, KO)
Marshmallow- Heals
-8 to Meira (104hp)
-8to Meira (112)
-8 to Meira (120hp)
-10 to Lamia (45hp)
Deady- 15 damage to CS2 (KO)
- heals to max (37)
Dead2-x
Newdead- 11 damage to CS3 (KO)
George- 10 damage to (d9=9) MZF (35hp)
Indead- 9 damage to MZF (26hp)
Ain- 3 damage to MZF (23hp)
Soph- 4 damage to MZF (19hp)
Aur- 3 damage to MZF (16hp)
Ash- 21 damage to MZF (KO)
Barrier-x
Lamia- 10 damage to (d8=4) ZF4 (5hp)

ZF1-3 damage to (d13=11) Ash (78hp)
ZF2-4 damage to (d13=8) Ain (HALF 16hp)
ZF3-3 damage to (d13=10) Aur (HALF 11hp)
ZF4-3 damage to (d13=10) Aur (HALF 10hp)
aZF1- 5 damage to (d13=12) BARRIER (109hp)
aZF2- 6 damage to (d13=12) BARRIER (103hp)
aZF3- 6 damage to (d13=10) Aur (HALF 7hp)
aZF4- 6 damage to (d13=3) Deady (31hp)
MM1- 1 damage to (d13=10) Aur (null)
MM2- 1 damage to (d13=7) Indead (21hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d13=13) Lamia BARRIER (102hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d13=11) Ash (77hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d13=4) Dead2 (29hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d13=4) Dead2 (27hp)

Meira- 21 damage to ZF4 (KO), 23 damage to ZF3 (KO)
Marshmallow-x
Deady- 15 damage to ZF2 (KO)
-Heal to max (37)
Dead2-x
Newdead- 12 damage to ZF1 (3hp)
George- 10 damage to ZF1 (KO)
Indead- 8 damage to aZF1 (14hp)
Ain- 6 damage to aZF1 (8hp)
Soph- 5 damage to aZF1 (3hp)
Aur- 3 damage to aZF1 (KO)
Ash- 30 damage to aZF2 (KO)
Barrier-x
Lamia- 6 damage to aZF3 (16hp)

aZF3-6 damage to Ain (HALF 13hp)
aZF4-6 damage to Indead (15hp)
MM1- 1 damage to George (21hp)
MM2- 1 damage to Indead (20hp)
MM3- 1 damage to Ash (76hp)
DM1- 2 damage to Indead (18hp)
DM2- 1 damage to Barrier (101hp)
DM3- 1 damage to Dead2 (26hp)

Meira- 20 damage to aZF3 (KO), 24 damage to aZF4 (KO)
Marshmallow-x
Deady- 15 damage to MM1 (KO, -5hp)
Dead2-x
Newdead- 11 damage to MM2 (KO, -1hp)
George- 10 damage to MM3 (KO)
Indead- 9 damage to DM1 (1hp)
Ain- 5 damage to DM1 (KO)
Soph- 6 damage to DM2 (4hp)
Aur- 2 damage to Dm2 (2hp)
Ash- 22 damage to DM2 (KO, -20hp, Necrophobe2)
Barrier-x
Lamia- 6 damage to DM3 (4hp)
-Ensnare attempt: d10=9, success.
- 5 further damage to DM3 (KO, -1hp)

Deady- 15 damage to MM1 (-20hp, dead, Necrophobe2)
Newdead- 11 damage to MM2 (-12hp, dead, Necrophobe)
George- 9 damage to MM3 (-9hp)
Indead- 8 damage to Dm1 (-8hp)

Lamia- ***---?
.... Success. [Unhinged Jaws]
DM3 was swallowed.

---

Victory
MM3: d10=7, dies.
DM1: d10=4, dies
2d3= 3,3. Recruited MM3 and DM3.

+1bxp
Conscripted MMB, DMB
Loot: squid meat x4= 16s
Bleak Aura: d100= 100.

Scouting.

>> No. 156001
>>156000
We already have, along with the bookstore. She doesn't know.

Anyways, the "Hang back and direct troops" bit won't work with Emerald there. That's good to know. We still need to deal with a few problems.

We need to talk with Rin about improving our bleak aura and getting a price for having her give us a ride to Alice/Marisa's house, and we do need to see if we can find the bookstore and jewelry shop as well.

[X] Cast two Minor Mendings on Ash. You have MP to spare for this minor task.

[X] Orin.
-[X] Ask about improving your Bleak Aura. Also ask her what she will want in exchange for giving you a ride to Marisa and/or Alice's house, what she would want in exchange for some unused Jewelry she might have lying about, and whether she might know where that bookstore might be. Remember, you came here for info.
>> No. 156039
File 133588364895.jpg - (217.33KB , 800x1294 , 01bb21c9040f90a3dda6586d40ed1274389bccd3.jpg ) [iqdb]
156039
Didn't quite realize before, that things were so close to autosage. But well, that means it's that time again~

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

And for your freebie bonus, the d4 gives you... a 1. Alright, going through the list of things that could have been done, but weren't, and that you can't go back and try to do now...

Hm, okay. Let's talk first impressions. Second impressions, rather, rather than first impressions which went terribly, and after the person had cooled their head slightly and decided to give you a second look to see if she wasn't just jumping to conclusions. Yes, talking about Parsee, blahblahblah.

Rather than go into boring detail and psychoanalyses, I'm just going to tell you what would have worked best.

You pay the lady a toll, pass the bridge, do whatever you do on the other side, then pay the crossing toll again when you come back. That's how toll bridges work, and her opinion of you wouldn't have gone up much, given that this is a second impression, and you're just behaving normally, but if you're not throwing fire around everywhere or making demands of her, it's not going down either.

Basically, you just act politely, like every other person that wants to go over her bridge, and make an arrangement for crossing, and everything works out okay. You're not going to be best of friends right of the bat, of course, and granted, you will have to keep paying, since it's not like you can throw a quarter into a tollway stop once and expect to pass it without having to stop every time thereafter, and you won't be able to capture any territory on the other side of the bridge without capturing the bridge itself first, but it wouldn't stop you from peeking out there to scout and see what things might or might not be going on, or other things unrelated to the war game.

It's neither here nor there, though, since it is a choice that wasn't taken.

Now, then. Do continue voting for story related stuffs, but now you can begin arguing about what you want your bonus to be. Have fun with that.
>> No. 156041
[X] Cast Minor Mending on Ash. You have MP to spare for this minor task.

[X] Orin.
-[X] Ask about improving your Bleak Aura. Also ask her what she will want in exchange for giving you a ride to Marisa and/or Alice's house, what she would want in exchange for some unused Jewelry she might have lying about, and whether she might know where that bookstore might be. Remember, you came here for info.

[x] Advanced Scoutin report
-[x] Surface/Gensokyo.
>> No. 156045
[x]Find some convenient rocks and get some Danmaku/spell practice in. No point in worrying about what to bind the ghosts to if you can't administer the necessary beating first.

[x]Background Info: Sunny
>> No. 156047
[X] Thank Satori for letting you read her personal notes.
[X] Discuses what happened with the group sent to Tunnels IV, Area 6
>> No. 156048
[X] Cast Minor Mending on Ash.

[X] Orin.
-[X] Ask about improving your Bleak Aura. Also ask her what she will want in exchange for giving you a ride to Marisa and/or Alice's house and/or if she knows where the jewelry shop is.
[x] Advanced Scoutin report
-[x] Surface/Gensokyo.

Forget the bookstore. Paper costs money, and we still have Satori's library to go through.
>> No. 156054
[X] Cast Minor Mending on Ash. You have MP to spare for this minor task.

[X] Orin.
-[X] Ask about improving your Bleak Aura. Also ask her what she will want in exchange for giving you a ride to Marisa and/or Alice's house, what she would want in exchange for some unused Jewelry she might have lying about, and whether she might know where that bookstore/jewelry-store might be. Remember, you came here for info.

Bonus Vote
[X] Surface/Gensokyo.
>> No. 156089
File 133597125393.png - (137.33KB , 1104x1151 , General boundaries disputed territories.png ) [iqdb]
156089
Alright, surface scouting. And just knowing where everyone is right now doesn't leave you with a proper grasp of the general state of things, so I went ahead and put in some designations on where boundaries are instead. You'll see that there are several disputed regions. Most of the fighting, obviously, happens here. Though obviously, care has to be taken not to mess up the crops too much or anything through the battles: no point if there's nothing left to steal afterward, and all.

As another note, the map isn't at all to proper scale, or... in many respects, 'accurate'. You could probably tell that from the comparatively tiny size of the village in comparison to the SDM, and the mansion's own relative depiction against the bamboo forest.

Chalk it up to fairy mapmakers not being really good mapmakers. Or good at measurements, or really numbers in general. Distances between things aren't consistent either: they might be drawn so it looks like a loong way between A and B, but C and D look a lot closer, when in fact they're equal distances, or even the opposite of what the map would have you believe.

And not everything is there, either. Obviously, you don't have the Eientei or SDM interior, and Yuyuko's realm, among others, just aren't shown at all except for a general 'that way-ish' notation. Other stuff, too.

For the purposes of the war, though, it's 'accurate enough'.
>> No. 156091
>>156089
Very interesting. It's too bad we'll never reach any of those places... I'm still wondering if we'll survive this war, let alone 'win' it.

That said,

[x]Gather all avaiable troops and storm XLVII
>> No. 156096
It occured to me that while a map of the surface was a good use if the bonus vite, we could have asked for info on Yuka. I know we won't be getting anywhere neat the garden soon, but it could still have been useful, and there was nothing urgent to use the bonus for.
>> No. 156100
>>156091
We've already fought today, genius.
>> No. 156106
>>156039
The entire fuckup here can be laid at the feet of those trying to "Make Amends" and "Negotiate fees", but I doubt any of them will take responsibility for that. They sure as fuck didn't do so after it occured. Bah, I've dealt with cunts like Parsee before. You want to know the worst case may be here? Parsee is going to become pissed that you've now "Blown her off" and "Ignored her", and will likely let Sunny take the territory as a way to further spite you. Congratulations, once again, to those who massively fucked up by trying to be nice and apologetic and continuing to try and take actions that require charisma rolls, even when you were warned not to.

I wonder what further feats of brilliance you'll dazzle us with next?
>> No. 156114
>>156106
It's over and done with. Yeah, if Kahi really wants to fuck with us with Parsee, that is a commendable way to go about it, but yeah, it's over and done with. Do agree that vote-choice there was retarded as fuck though.

Hmm, looking at that map, I'm now wondering how in the hell Lily got across the Sanzu river like that.
>> No. 156117
File 133600926840.png - (108.02KB , 1104x1151 , blanksurface.png ) [iqdb]
156117
Blank map was requested, so here you go.
>> No. 156121
>>156106
I like you. You're funny.
>> No. 165915
Next thread:

>>156270