[Return]
Archived Thread

File 133092754579.jpg - (426.46KB , 1280x930 , Okay seriously we're getting out of here for .jpg ) [iqdb]
154174 No. 154174
You find it hard to argue with Yuugi's assessment of the situation.
It actually was kinda funny to watch the two of them struggling like they were.

Arms looped over their shoulders and around their heads, both Tenshi and Parsee had succeeded in getting the other positioned in such a way that she could do little, if anything, to fight back. A wise move, if not for the fact that the same applied for themselves.

If one tried to get up, the other would drag her back down.
If one tried to pull the hair of the other, the other would respond in kind.
Despite their differences in strength, they had somehow managed to find themselves in a position where they were as even as could be.

And then Parsee tried to bite Tenshi.

Whether it was due to Yuugi's direction, or just the sort of thing was what she had decided to do at that very instant, the end result was probably not what she had in mind.
Gagging and spitting, Parsee's hold on Tenshi loosened just enough for the celestial to wrench herself free.
Pressing the advantage, Tenshi swiftly forces Parsee down, pinning her to the ground.

Too late, Parsee recovers, and begins to squirm and struggle in vain.

“Yeah! There's the pin! There's the pin!” Yuugi shouts, her attention once again back on the fight.

“Squeeze her goodies~!” Koishi calls out, hands cupped around her mouth.

“Good job, Tenshi!” you cheer, enthusiastically. “I knew there had to be something you were good at!”

...because throwing rocks sure as Hell wasn't it. you silently tag on to the end in your mind.
Though it was the truth, you dare not speak it aloud while trying to encourage your embattled pupil.

Head whipping around to look at you, Tenshi glares in your general direction.
“How would you like one on the side of your head, you ass?!” she snaps at you, as if responding to your unspoken words of-

Oh.

You said that out-loud, didn't you?

“Hey, don't take it like that! I'm sure if you keep practicing you'll be great at it!” you assure your azure-haired disciple. “You know, someday! Eventually!”

Looking as if she would love nothing more than to get off of Parsee so she could come over and either hug or punch you for your thoughtful words of encouragement, Tenshi has neither the time nor opportunity to do either, as Parsee has used the distraction you unintentionally provided to sneak up behind the girl pinning her to the ground.

While still pinned to the ground.

“What's that? What's that?! It looks like- ! She's got a foreign object! The Princess has got a foreign object!” Yuugi shouts, apparently referring to the rather large rock the Parsee behind Tenshi was now raising over her head

“I think that's what they call a big-ass rock, Yuugi!” you point out to the horned woman beside you. “Yeah! That's the way, Parsee! She'll never see that coming!”

“Right you are, kiddo! Not unless she-”

“What the hell are you two morons talki-NNGH! HEY!

“Nope! No, she does not!” Yuugi continues commentating while Parsee brings the big-ass rock down upon Tenshi's head, the dull thud of the impact reverberating off the cave walls.

“[t]Tch![/i] Goddamn it!” Parsee curses as the rock in her hands crumbles into pieces, the mass of stone apparently unable to withstand the superior hardness of Tenshi's skull.

“Ooh! Not good! That rock fell apart like a clod of dirt!”

“I think that's because it was a clod of dirt, Yuugi!”

Shut up! Shut the hell up, both of you!” Tenshi screams, her arm shooting back behind her to grab at the other Parsee.

“Squeeze her goodies~!”

You too, damn it!

“Perhaps you're right, kiddo! Let's see what the ref has to say about it, though!”

“Yeah, and for that we go to...um....” you begin to ask Rikako, but trail off as you turn to find nothing but empty space where the scientist once stood.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



Perhaps I should have said something.

'I'll go on ahead'?

'Meet you near the exit'?

'Hey, while you engage in your senseless waste of time and energy, I shall go and attempt to do something that is actually productive. Don't mind me. Just keep doing whatever it is you think you are doing. Really. I'll be fine.'?


...nah.

They'll notice I'm no longer there, eventually.

I mean, they would pretty much have to notice!

...right?

Of course they will.

Hinanai and that unpleasant woman will have their little spat, the others will stop gawking, and they will all remember that they have far more pressing matters to attend to than dawdling in a cave while one of them has a justifiably angry youkai and an indeterminate number of spirits to contend with.

Even setting the youkai matter aside, the threat of complete spiritual possession should take precedence over a cat-fight.

Honestly. I would expect such a carefree attitude from someone like Miss Oni, but-

Actually, no, this is precisely the sort of thing I should know to expect of any of them.


Still, it should not take anyone, regardless of eccentricities, so long to perform the relatively simple task of walking out of a mostly linear tunnel.


...or so I would like to say, were I able to ascertain if I am even making progress towards that end.

No wonder Hinanai and the fairy were so easily separated from us when we first arrived. This cave is deceptively elaborate, teeming with branching paths and side-tunnels, just as Miss Arachnid said.

'Kurodani', wasn't it?

That's right. She told us about this, but also mentioned that all of them essentially lead to the bridge, didn't she?
If that is the case, then it stands to reason that the opposite may also hold true, and these tunnels all lead to where we entered.

Or some sort of exit, at the very least.

If so, that is actually rather reassuring, though I would certainly feel even better if there were any indication of how far such an exit would...hm?

What is that?

Can't quite make it out.
Too dark.
Too high to reach.
Looks almost like string, or maybe...



Ah-ha!


So, if I were to continue going this way, would I possibly see...?



There! Another!

Webbing.


Arachnology is a bit beyond the purview of my expertise, but that does not look like it was produced by an ordinary spider.

Certainly not a small one.
Or even large one, for that matter.

No, to produce webbing such as that, the spider in question would have to be of quite unusual size.

Definitely human-sized, at the very least.

Humanoid, however...not so definite.

Given the way things have gone down here, it could go either way.

I don't recall Kurodani saying anything about any other spiders living in the cave, but that does not eliminate the possibility that there are.



Maaaaaybe I should consider turning around and what am I thinking?!
Turn back?
No.
No no no no no no no no NO.

This is a way out.
It may not be the way out, but an exit is an exit.
If I run into any giant, eight-legged creatures on my way to it, then so be it.


I just hope it's the friendly, dress-wearing kind...




[ ] Swingers

[ ] Domestic Disturbance

>> No. 154177
[X] Domestic Disturbance

Haven't laughed that much in a long time.
>> No. 154178
>>[t]Tch![/i]

Well, damn.

On the one hand, I should've known I needed to be extra careful in checking this update for errors before posting it.

On the other hand, it's not the biggest mistake I've made in the past 48 hours, so I can live with it.
>> No. 154183
[x] Swingers
YougonnagetrapedAsakura.jpg
>> No. 154184
Did Rikako get knocked in the head or something? Wandering off alone in a place that's probably full of youkai is uncharacteristically dumb.


[x] Domestic Disturbance
>> No. 154185
[x] Swingers
>> No. 154209
[x] Swingers

>Even setting the youkai matter aside, the threat of complete spiritual possession should take precedence over a cat-fight.

Rikako just doesn't understand the beauty of two girls fighting over a destroyed bridge.
>> No. 154211
[x] Domestic Disturbance

The commentary reminded me of Celebrity Deathmatch for some reason. I hadn't thought about that show in years.
>> No. 154215
[ ] Swingers
>> No. 154240
File 133102690826.jpg - (59.12KB , 500x375 , not a fuzzy pulsating blue thing.jpg ) [iqdb]
154240
Hey, Rikako?

Yes, Rikako?

Do you suppose this may not have been such a good idea, after all?

What makes you think that, Rikako?

Oh, I can't imagine what. After all, I've just wandered off on my own inside a large, dark cave that may very well be teeming with all sorts of hungry youkai, with me possibly being the first human they've encountered in a very long time.

That certainly might be cause for concern.

Indeed, it might, which begs the question of what were you thinking leaving the relative safety of the group?!

A fair question, though I would remind myself that one of that group had just destroyed a bridge while we were all standing upon it.

Yes, that is certainly a thing that happened.

And, just prior to that, another of that same group took us on a lovely romp through a series of collapsed tunnels by literally running through the rubble. Just from those two recent incidents, it is not unreasonable to assume there is a very high probability that someone will find a way to bring this entire cave crashing down upon us before we even see a hint of daylight.

An undesirable yet plausible scenario, I must admit. Clearly, remaining there would not have been a good idea.

Clearly.

Thought that does nothing to negate the fact that this current course of action is just as unwise.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.

Story of my life.

Yes, indeed.

As fun as indulging myself in a little internal discourse can be, I really should be focused on what's in front of me.
The webs seem to be increasing in number and density, which means I am probably heading towards something, though it remains to be seen if it's anything I wish to encounter.


Still, it's not as if I am completely helpless.
Sure, flight isn't an option for me right now, and explosives are absolutely out of the question, but I can still muster some sort of defense for myself should the situation demand it.

Even if it means whipping out some of the old 'hocus pocus'.

Of course, I would rather it not come to that, but if I absolutely must, then I suppose it can't be helHEAD.

ON MY HEAD.
SOMETHING ON MY HEAD.
I FEEL SOMETHING ON MY HEAD.
SOMETHING'S ON MY HEAD.
SOMETHING'S ON MY HEAD.
SOMETHING'S MOVING ON MY- no.

No, no, nonononono, no NO.
Stay calm.
Stay calm.
Relax.
Breathe, Rikako.
Breathe.

Don't move.
Stay still.
Stay absolutely still.

Nothing to be alarmed about.
It's probably just a...
Um...

...it's a spider, isn't it?
Eight points of pressure on my head.
Eight legs on a spider.
Seems logical.

What now, though?
Try to get it off, and take the chance of it biting in the process?

Yeeeeah, I don't think that's a good idea.

I should probably just not do anything.
Just leave it alone, and wait for it to move.
It would have to do that eventually, right?
There's no reason for it not to, right?

Unless, that is, the reason it's on my head right now is so that it may lay eggs in my scalp.

But...that's absurd!
Spiders don't do that!
No normal spider, at least!

Magical, cave-dwelling youkai spiders, on the other hand...

No, no, no, don't think like that!
Don't think about why it doesn't feel like it's moving much beyond shifting a leg every now and then.
Don't think about how your scalp is beginning to itch, and why it might not simply be nothing more than a nervous reaction to the thought of all of the hundreds of eggs that might be...


Maybe I should do something, after all.



[ ] No! Just keep still, remain calm, and hope it leaves soon.


[ ] Yes! Get this damn thing off me already!

- ( ) Flick it. Just hope you get it with the first shot.
- ( ) Grab it. Then throw the little bastard as hard as you can!
- ( ) Talk to it. You have got to be kidding me.
>> No. 154245
[x] No! Just keep still, remain calm, and hope it leaves soon.
>> No. 154246
[x] No! Just keep still, remain calm, and hope it leaves soon.

>it may lay eggs in my scalp
For me, that story just went from "comedy" to "pure horror".
>> No. 154252
[x] Yes! Get this damn thing off me already!

-'Hocus-pocus' it.
Spider on our head? Perfect justification for use of forgottten magicks!

If not allowed:
- (x) Flick it. Just hope you get it with the first shot.
>> No. 154253
[ ] No! Just keep still, remain calm, and hope it leaves soon.

Don't worry Rikako, the magical spider is just gonna give you super powers.
>> No. 154255
>>154253

Spider-Woman Rikako?

[ ] No! Just keep still, remain calm, and hope it leaves soon.
>> No. 154259
[x] Yes! Get this damn thing off me already!
- (x) Grab it. Then throw the little bastard as hard as you can!

Go away spider bro
>> No. 154260
[x] No! Just keep still, remain calm, and hope it leaves soon.

This is a test. Only by staying calm and rational can Rikako prove she is a Friend of the Spiders and gain Yamame's trust.
>> No. 154272
[X] Yes! Get this damn thing off me already!
- (X) Talk to it. You have got to be kidding me.

It's not the biggest thing in this nest. We don't want to make its parent angry.
>> No. 154274
[X] Yes! Get this damn thing off me already!
- (X) Talk to it. You have got to be kidding me.

Talking is the key to problem solving.
>> No. 154296
[x] Yes! Get this damn thing off me already!
- (x) Flick it. Just hope you get it with the first shot.

This will work. I know it.
>> No. 154298
[x] Yes! Get this damn thing off me already!
- [x] Talk to it. You have got to be kidding me.
>> No. 154309
File 133120137015.jpg - (31.98KB , 384x384 , we love you spider.jpg ) [iqdb]
154309
I just need to stay quiet.

Stay calm.

Stay perfectly still and WHY ARE ITS LEGS MOVING LIKE THAT


Okay, okay, just calm down.
Breathe.
Breathe.

Nice and easy.

No need to panic.

No need to be concerned about what this thing could possibly be doing that would feel as if it were digging into my hair.

No reason to worry about why it would possibly be doing something like preparing to anchor itself to my cranium.




...I need to do something.

I really need to do something.

But what?

Attempting anything involving physical contact may not end well.
At best, it would simply act to maintain the grip it already has, making removal that much more difficult.
At worst, it would bite.

Even feeling nothing more but the feet of it on my head, it's clearly of sufficient size for that to be something to avoid at all costs.

So, what, then?
What could I possibly do to remove this oversized arachnid without provoking it in any way?
Talk to it?
Ask if it would mind turning my head into a makeshift nest, or whatever else it may be intending to do with me?


...well, it's not like I have any better ideas, at the moment.


“Er...ah, excuse me?”


Silence.
Big surprise.


“Hello? Hello, up there? Miss or Mister Spider?”


Still nothing.
What am I expecting, anyway?
For it to talk?

...well, that's not impossible, but still-

Wait.

...it stopped moving?
Perhaps the vibrations have made it wary?

It couldn't possibly be listening, could it?


“Ah, er...I don't know if you can understand me at all, but if you can, could you respond? Somehow?”


Annnnd nothing.
Again.
Of course.
Well, it stopped moving, at least.

Not that it matters, when it's still there, and


*TAP*


What the-?!
Did it just...?


*TAP* *TAP*


No, no, it couldn't be.
It must just be a coincidence.


*TAP* *TAP* *TAP*


...that it has tapped the exact same spot on my head six times.

*TAP*


Seven times.
It is a coincidence that it has tapped my head seven times in the same place in what feels like a purposeful manner, just after I had requested that it respond to me in some way.


“...did you do that intentionally?”

*TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP* *TAP*

“How about tapping once for 'yes' and twice for 'no'?”

*TAP*


One tap.
'Yes.'

This is...unbelievable.


“Can you understand me?”

*TAP*


'Yes' again.
It understands!


“Are you a youkai?”

*TAP* *TAP*


A non-youkai?
Yet it can still understand me?
More than that, respond to me?

Incredible.
Communication with a youkai can be simple enough, provided you're dealing with one that doesn't attack you on sight, but an animal of any sort that has not yet reached that stage?
Certainly, some animals possess more advanced cognitive functions that others, but spiders?



[ ] This is absurd. I refuse to believe this.

[ ] Don't question it, just get to the part where it gets off of your head.

[ ] This requires further investigation! For SCIENCE!
- ( ) What do you ask a spider, anyway? (write-in)
>> No. 154310
[x] This requires further investigation! For SCIENCE!
- (x) "Aren't spiders supposed to live in web? What makes you different? Are you more like a black widow? Are you male or female? Why are you able to communicate with me if you're not youkai?"

Wall me. My body is ready.
>> No. 154311
>>154310
We should stick to yes/no questions.

[x] Do you know morse code? (If she does, ask the following in detail, if not, use the questions as they are:
-[x] Do you want to eat me?
-[x] Can you eat non humans?
--[x] If yes, give examples (ej: Can you eat youkai, Oni, plants, etc)
-[x] Do you need my help with something?
>> No. 154312
[x] Do you want to eat me?
[x] Do you need pants?
[x] Is there anything else here that desperately needs my attention, like a giant unfriendly spider that I haven't yet noticed?
-[x] Do you need my help with something?

Spiders are legged.
>> No. 154313
[x] Do you want to eat me?
[x] Do you need pants?
[x] Is there anything else here that desperately needs my attention, like a giant unfriendly spider that I haven't yet noticed?
-[x] Do you need my help with something?
[X]would you like a beer?
>> No. 154319
[x] I'm sorry for killing so many of your kind. Please forgive me.
>> No. 154320
[x] Do you want to eat me?
[x] Do you need my help with something?
[x] Do you know Yamame?
>> No. 154324
[x] Do you want to eat me?
[x] Do you need my help with something?
[x] Do you know Yamame?

This seems good.
>> No. 154326
File 133126138861.jpg - (31.31KB , 600x287 , Respekt scorn.jpg ) [iqdb]
154326
[x]>>154313
It is back. And this time, it's beersonal.
>> No. 154344
File 133128432172.jpg - (23.96KB , 322x484 , deeeeeearest of all my friends.jpg ) [iqdb]
154344
This is amazing!
Incredible!

I know I probably shouldn't, but to allow such an opportunity as this to pass me by?
I may not have another chance

I need to learn more!
I must learn more!

First of all...the basics.
Yes. Start simply.


“Just to confirm, but you are a spider, correct?”

*TAP*

“Alright, good, I just wanted to be certain. And, for my own peace of mind, you are not going to bite me or anything, are you?”

*TAP* *TAP*

“Ah, good, thank you. I had suspected as much, but that is still good to know.”

*TAP*


Okay, it's a spider.
A spider that understands human speech and is communicating with me by tapping its responses to my queries.

Such a shame that communication must be limited like this.
There is only so much one can convey when limited to only two possible answers
Certainly, knowing what questions to ask is just as crucial as the responses given, but there is no room for elaboration.

If only it could...

Wait.

What if...


“Are you, by any chance, capable of speech?”



...no answer.

Perhaps it did not understand the question?


“Er, what I mean to say is, can you talk? Like I am?”




...still nothing.

Oh well, it was worth asking, anywa-

*TAP*



“...wait, that just now. Was that a 'yes'?”

*TAP*

“You can talk?”

*TAP*

“You can?!”

*TAP*

“Right now?”

*TAP* *TAP*

“No?”

*TAP* *TAP*

“Er, hold on. When you say 'no', you mean you cannot talk now?”

*TAP*

“But you can? It is possible?”

*TAP*

“I assume it must be difficult for you to do so, then.”

*TAP*

“But still, possible?”

*TAP*

“I'll understand if you do not want to, but could you attempt to say something?”





“...please?”



Silence.
No tapping.
Is it thinking about it?
Perhaps it really is difficult for it to speak.
Maybe I should just forge-


”...he..el....”


...what the?!
Did...did that just come from the spider?


”...h-eh...h-eh...he-el....”


It did.
Without a doubt, that high-pitched voice is coming from the spider sitting atop my head.
Of all the times for me to be without a recording device of some sort!

Oh well, never mind that.
Focus!
It's trying to say something, but what?


“I'm sorry, but could you repeat that? I couldn't quite-”

”...h-el....hel...he-elp...”

“Help? You need help with something?”

*TAP*


It needs help!
This spider is talking to me, telling me it needs help!


“Is there something I could do to help you?”

*TAP*

“What? What is it you would like me to do? Just name it!”

”...th-ah...tha-uh...thuh-ers...tee...thuh-urs-tee....”

“Thirsty? You're thirsty?”

”...duh...ring...kuh...duh-ring-kuh...”

“'Duh-ring-kuh'? Drink? Right, of course! A drink! You need a drink!”

*TAP*



The spider wants something to drink!
But...what?

I don't exactly have anything I could offer it.
Unless...


“Er, you don't intend to drink my blood, do you?”

*TAP**TAP*

“No? Well, that's certainly a relief, but I'm afraid I have nothing else that you could drink. Is there something in particular you want?

”...wuh...wah...wah-ant...w-want...”

“Yes? What do you want?”

”Wah-ant...wa-ant....buh...buh...”

“Yes?”

”...bah...buh...bah...eer...”

“Erm...could you repeat that?”

”...bah-eer...ba-eer...beer...”

“...what?”

”Ba-eer! Bah-eer! Wah-ahnt bah-eer! W-ant b-eer!”

“What.”

”B-eer! Be-er! Beer!”



This is...not what I expected.

At all.

I am not entirely certain as to how to deal with this.

I mean, I just...beer?





[ ] Humor it. Maybe some sort of exchange can be arranged?

[ ] Decline it. Perhaps there's something else it would like, instead?

[ ] Reject it. It's screwing with me, isn't it?
>> No. 154345
My god, it /is/ beer spider!

[x] Humor it.

Although we might have to ask if sake is okay.
>> No. 154346
[x] Humor it. Maybe some sort of exchange can be arranged?

This is what happen when a crazy scientist mix ZUN's dna with a spider.
>> No. 154348
[x] Decline it. Perhaps there's something else it would like, instead?

No beer here, beer spider. No prospects for getting some, either. You'll just have to go without. Forever.
>> No. 154354
[X] Humor it. Maybe some sort of exchange can be arranged?

It's just cruel to deprive anyone of a good beer.
>> No. 154361
[X] Humor it. Maybe some sort of exchange can be arranged?

This is Gensokyo, Beer is always near by.
>> No. 154363
This is now, oficially, my favorite post of everything forever.

[x] Humor it. Maybe some sort of exchange can be arranged?
How did you end up here, Beer Spider?
>> No. 154365
[x] Humor it. Maybe some sort of exchange can be arranged?

I guess beer spider has been doing well. Not sure where we will get some.
>> No. 154381
[X] Humor it. Maybe some sort of exchange can be arranged?

In their tongue, he is beervakiin.
>> No. 154402
[x] Humor it. Maybe some sort of exchange can be arranged?
>>154381
Spiderborn!
>> No. 154449
File 133162300615.jpg - (709.99KB , 800x1920 , FUCK yo towah.jpg ) [iqdb]
154449
Writing is happening, but sloooooooooooowly. Update will probably be ready tomorrow night.

Sorry for the delay, but work's kicking my ass this week.
>> No. 154474
File 133172073354.jpg - (665.21KB , 1052x1500 , DRINKING IS GOOD FOR YOU.jpg ) [iqdb]
154474
This makes no sense.

A giant, talking spider?
Fine, I can accept that. Stranger things have happened, after all.

But since when do spiders, talking or otherwise, consume alcohol?

How would they even have the opportunity to be exposed to it, let alone-


”Bee-eer! Bee-er! Bee-er!”


Oh. Right.
Oni.

But that just raises more questions!
How was it first exposed?
Was it before or after it learned to speak?
Is it somehow related to its ability to speak?


”Bee-eeer!”


Of course, knowing the reason, whatever it may be, means little as far as the current situation is concerned.
It wants something that I, unfortunately, do not possess.


“I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't really have any beer with me at the moment.”



...it went quiet.
Is it disappointed?
Should I have said something els-


”...brewskies?”

“Er, ah, no. Sorry, I do not have any of that, either.”


Isn't that the same thing, anyway?


”Tall boys?”

“...what?”

”Cerveza!”

“Excuse me?”



Alright, this is getting bizarre, again.
Was that even a word?

Whatever it is, I need to get this exchange back on-track.
Mustn't allow myself to become distracted, or carried away with the details.
Focus.


“I'm sorry, but I do not have any of those things. But...hm...”

”Cold one?”

“Ah! But! Perhaps I could help you obtain some of these...er...'brewskies'? Some form of alcoholic beverage?”

”Bee-eer~!”

“Right, yes, beer. Would you like me to assist you in acquiring this beer?”

*TAP**TAP* *TAP**TAP* *TAP**TAP* *TAP**TAP*

One for 'yes', please!”

*TAP*

“Very well, then. In exchange, then, perhaps you could assist me with my own problem?”

*TAP*

“Really? Excellent! It's nothing too difficult, I assure you. I am simply seeking the way out of this cave. Would you happen to know of the way ou-...er, hello? Hey! Where did you go?”



Gone.
Huh.
I don't feel anything on my head, and...nope!
Nothing there.

Strange.
Why did it leave so abruptly?
Did I somehow manage to scare it off?
Or, perhaps something else...huh?

That sound...



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Give it back!”

“No!”

“Give it back!”

“No~!”

Give it the fuck BACK!

“No way! It's mine, now!”

“The fuck it is!”


Though you know that both youkai and celestials must possess incredible stamina, you still find yourself amazed at how those two could still be arguing so energetically.

Despite her attempt to tip the odds in her favor with that weird cloning trick, Parsee's double ultimately proved to be her downfall, as Tenshi tightly gripped one Parsee in each hand, and mercilessly beat the bridge princess into submission with herself.
The painful sounds of Parsee striking Parsee echoed through the cave, and it with no small amount of pride that you exercised enough restraint to refrain from making any suggestions that Parsee stop hitting herself.

You wanted to, though.
You so, so wanted to.

In the end, with Parsee clutching her head in pain, Tenshi stood victorious, and declared that she would be claiming her prize.

At first, you were puzzled why she would choose a chunk of wood she found on the ground, but you soon realized that Parsee's reaction to her opponent's choice may have been a factor.


“I fucking need that!”

Psh! Like I care!”

“That's my bridge!”

“It's my trophy! Deal with it!”


...and so, having resumed your trek through the cave and back to the surface, this back-and-forth between the two of them has waged on for the past several minutes.


“I'll 'deal' with you, you rotten cunt!”

“Sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of me kicking your ass back there!”

I'll fucking kill you!

“Yeah, you tried that, remember? Oh, wait, you probably don't!”

Stab your fucking eyes out!

“You know, because of all the times I hit you in the head! With you!”

Stab them right the fuck OUT!


Minutes that felt like hours stretched into days stretched into weeks.

Though somewhat entertaining to listen to, you couldn't allow yourself to become too distracted. Not while one of your friends, or at least companions, was currently missing.

While you certainly have no room to judge as far as bad ideas go, even you have to question the wisdom of wandering off alone in these caves.

...even though you would probably do that very thing, yourself, if given the chance.

After all, there are just so many tunnels!
So many places to explore!
To investigate!
To run blindly into, paying no heed to the dangers of doing so!

In fact...


[ ] You think you'll do that right now! To ADVENTURE!

[ ] You think you won't do thaOOH, LOOK! WHAT'S THAT THING?

[ ] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!
>> No. 154475
[x] You think you won't do thaOOH, LOOK! WHAT'S THAT THING?

You crack me up as always, good sir.
>> No. 154476
[x] You think you won't do thaOOH, LOOK! WHAT'S THAT THING?

SHINY SHINY THING!
>> No. 154477
[x] You think you won't do thaOOH, LOOK! WHAT'S THAT THING?

A talking spider!
>> No. 154478
[x] You think you won't do thaOOH, LOOK! WHAT'S THAT THING?
DISTRACTIONS
>> No. 154480
[x] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!

When Parsee was first introduced, I thought Parsee and Tenshi being around at the same time would be redundant. I was wrong. I was so, so wrong.
>> No. 154484
[x] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!

Gotta be smart and make Satori proud
>> No. 154485
[x] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!
>> No. 154486
[ ] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!

Damn, Parsee is coming with us.
>> No. 154487
[x] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!

Enough distractions.
>> No. 154489
[x] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!
>> No. 154491
[x] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!
>> No. 154498
I think Tenshi has found her soul mate.
>> No. 154509
[x] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!

Although I am tempted to pick one of the more stupid options to see the MC's shenanigans, we really should get off Namek at some point.
>> No. 154513
[X] You think you won't do thaOOH, LOOK! WHAT'S THAT THING?
>> No. 154529
[x] NO NO NO! You'll be good and stay with the group!
>> No. 154572
File 13321464733.jpg - (70.17KB , 1248x1024 , Hey where did everybody go.jpg ) [iqdb]
154572
Stay with the relative safety of the group, or wander off on your own to explore?

It seems to be such a simple choice, and yet, such a difficult one!

You carefully weight the pros and cons of each, balancing factors such as your likelihood of finding something interesting with the probability of that something being capable of killing you in some horrible and unspeakable fashion.

Against all odds, your sense of self-preservation manages to win the debate, and you remain with your companions as you trudge through the cave.

Behind you, Tenshi continues her gloating as Parsee alternates between between desperate begging and angrily threatening the celestial to return the piece of her former bridge.
The threats, in particular, grow increasingly vivid and profane as you go along, blossoming from simple acts of cutting and stabbing assorted parts of Tenshi's anatomy to more elaborate and grotesque acts of torture and mutilation, describing every agonizing second of each act in intricate detail.

Despite the threats, though, Tenshi doesn't give in. In fact, you think she seems to be enjoying possessing a means of antagonizing the bridge princess, and regards the increasingly violent and vulgar words being spat at her as a sign that she's successfully getting under Parsee's skin.

Or, perhaps, she's just the sort who's happy as long as she has anything to gloat over, no matter how small and petty.

In contrast to the bickering duo behind you, the girl and woman walking on either side of you have been relatively quiet.

Aside from briefly muttering something about 'dereliction' and how 'she did it again' upon your remarking on Rikako's sudden disappearance, Medicine has said little else since your group began moving again. You almost wonder if she was not feeling well, but as far as you can see she looks perfectly normal, though you do notice she seems to be walking just a little bit closer to you than usual for some reason, enough for you to feel a slight tingle as the back of your hand occasionally brushes against her.

Though you cannot see the smaller of the two dolls, you know Su-san is floating around somewhere behind your head, if the vague sensation of a tiny pair of eyes boring into the back of your skull is any indication. You have no idea how someone whose facial expressions seem incapable of changing can stare so intensely when she wants to, but damn if it doesn't give you the shivers.

As for Yuugi, the oni seems content with simply listening to the bickering going on behind her, letting out nothing more but a few chuckles at some of the more elaborate acts of violence Parsee was describing, with her faint smile gradually expanding into a grin as you go along.
You're not really sure what's so amusing about putting a knife in a place like that, let alone twelve of them, but you suppose that might just be a difference in senses of humor.

...of course, that wouldn't explain why she was chuckling even before the threats began, but you don't feel like now was the time to question it.

As you continue to walk, you briefly consider trying to call out for Rikako, but realize you probably wouldn't be heard over the ruckus behind you, and the noise that Tenshi and Parsee were already making would provide more than ample warning that you were approaching, anyway

Warning.
Alerting.
Letting anyone and anything that may be lurking in the shadows know that something was coming their way.
Something they might want to avoid.

Or prepare for...




[ ] Run silent.

[ ] Go loud.




-----------------------------------------



Alright, things look to be stabilizing for a couple days, though there's no telling how long that will last. Still, I'm going to try to build back up some momentum while I can.

Also, a lot of bad news so far, this month.
I don't like that. Not at all.
>> No. 154573
Good luck with... whatever your bad news is. I'm not exactly interested in prying across the Internet. It's rude and often pointless.

[x] Run silent.

Yes, it would be amusing to see something large and angry commence ineffectually chewing on Tenshi, but let's try and keep our girls safe, eh?
>> No. 154574
[x] Run silent.

Good luck with whatever your troubles are.
>> No. 154575
[x] Go loud.

Like it's possible to shut Parsee up.
>> No. 154576
[x] Go loud.
>> No. 154577
[x] Go loud.

Soldiers, prepare weapons free.

Hope your bad news sorts itself out all right.
>> No. 154578
[x] Run silent.
Make Captain Price proud, Mac Tavish.
>> No. 154581
[x] Go loud.
>> No. 154582
[ ] Run silent.
>> No. 154630
Okay, I waited a day to see if this tie would be broken, but since it hasn't, I'll proceed as usual.

I won't have enough time to hammer out an update tonight, but I should be able to at least get a good start on it.

I don't know how many updates it will take to get there, but I can tell you we will be coming to something of a crossroad, soon, and I am very much looking forward to see where things might go from there.
>> No. 154633
[x] Go loud.
>> No. 154634
>>154630
I'm excited! Hopefully all roads lead to Raymoo.
>> No. 154635
>>154634

This isn't Yaf who's writing.
>> No. 154661
File 133250616940.jpg - (319.76KB , 800x600 , almost there.jpg ) [iqdb]
154661
For the briefest of moments, you wonder if you shouldn't do something to get Tenshi and Parsee to quiet down a bit, if only so you don't disturb anything that might be residing in these caves that would be inclined to maul you.

That is, until you remember who you were currently in the company of, and realize that any cave-dwelling creatures probably have more to fear from just one of your companions than you have to fear from any number of them. If anything, you suppose, they might actually appreciate the noise as an early warning to clear out of the area, lest they get punched, poisoned, stabbed, or whatever Tenshi can do that doesn't involve sucking at throwing rocks.

Poor cave monsters. Don't worry, soon you will be safe again.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


”...eyes to the goddamn rats you...”
”...ou talking but all I hear is whaaawhaaawhaaa...”


Well, no doubt about it. It's them.

I guess I should at least be glad that they managed to get moving, but must they be so loud?
Even if my own wandering off was not a particularly wise move, I at least had the presence of mind to avoid doing anything to attract unwanted attention.

Not that they have much to worry about, of course.

I must be nice to be to be virtually indestructible.

To be so powerful, that just about anything with even a hint of a survival instinct will run from you.

...why, oh why, did they have to be so loud?!

“Er, hello? Miss...ter Spider? You don't have to be afraid, no one is going to harm you! Hello? Hello?


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“...ello? Hello?” you hear Rikako calling out, as you find the bespectacled woman standing in the middle of a particularly web-covered area of the cave.

“Hey, Asakura!” you return the woman's greeting, every bit as relieved to find her safe and sound as she doubtlessly is to see you. “Thank goodness you're alri-”

“Yes, yes, fine, fine.” she interrupts you, waving her hand dismissively as she gazes up at the ceiling, as if looking for something. “Hello? Hello?

Yes. The happiness she feels for being reunited with her beloved companions is almost palpable.
Sure, as intently as she seems to be focusing on looking for whatever it is she's looking for, you know she's just overwhelmed with happiness at seeing you all.

“So, uh, did you happen to-”

“Not now. Quiet. Please.” she interrupts you again, casting only the briefest of glances your way before resuming her staring contest with the dark and web-coated ceiling cave. “Where are you? Where did you go? Are you still here? You're safe, I promise! No one is going to...ah, no, no. Maybe if...hmmm...”

“Er, Miss Asakura? Are you okay? What are you-”

Alcohol.

“Um, what?”

Snapping her head in your direction, Rikako looks at you with an intensity you haven't seen from her before.

“Alcohol! I need alcohol!” she says, forcefully, apparently feeling a sudden and strong desire to get her drink on.

“Is this really the time to be drinking?” you ask.

“You implyin' there's a time not to be drinkin'?” Yuugi chimes in, her tone making it difficult for you to tell if she's joking or not.

“I'm not going to drink it!” Rikako says impatiently. “I just...look, do any of you have some, or not?”

“Nope! Though, now I'm kinda wishin' I did...” Yuugi says, somehow managing to look wistful while still grinning cheerfully. It is an effect that reminds you of strange pictures you once saw somewhere, where you could see two different things even though you were looking at the exact same thing.

A candlestick turns into two faces looking at each other.
A pretty young lady turns into an ugly old lady.
A purple-haired scientist with glasses turns into a purple-haired scientist with glasses and a large, dark thing slowly descending from the ceiling behind her.

It is truly an amazing thing, what the mind does or does not see, and how things that were once not seen can become things that cannot be unseen.

The ugly old crone will never again become the beautiful young lady, just as the large dark thing lowering itself behind Rikako will never again be...wait.

That's not a picture you're looking at, is it?

This is a thing you are looking at.
A thing that is happening.
A thing that might be good, or might not.
A thing that you might, maybe, possibly, kinda want to do something about.


[ ] Calmly alert the appropriate party and inform them that there is a matter that requires their attention. Urgently.

[ ] Calmly deal with the situation in an appropriate and restrained manner. Also, with rocks.

[ ] Calmly take a more direct and active role in the resolution of this situation. Tackle that sum-bitch.

[ ] Calmly ignore the situation, and pretend that nothing is amiss. It is only an issue if you make it one. Which you will not.
>> No. 154662
[x] Calmly take a more direct and active role in the resolution of this situation. Tackle that sum-bitch.

I want to do all the things. Why must I choose...
>> No. 154663
[X] Calmly ignore the situation, and pretend that nothing is amiss. It is only an issue if you make it one. Which you will not.
If you can't see it it can't get you with those long hairy legs.
If you can't see it it can't get you with those long hairy legs.
If you can't see it it can't get you with those long hairy legs.
If you can't see it it can't get you with those long hairy legs.
>> No. 154664
[X] Calmly alert the appropriate party and inform them that there is a matter that requires their attention. Urgently.

Please be beer spider please be beer spider please be beer spider.

I say this because I have an irrational love for it, and desire to see it get its alcohol. And ride on Rikako's head as it journeys with us.
>> No. 154672
>>154664
That sounds adorable. Say hello to Rikako's lil', drunk, helper!

[x] Calmly alert the appropriate party and inform them that there is a matter that requires their attention. Urgently.
>> No. 154679
[x] Calmly deal with the situation in an appropriate and restrained manner. Also, with rocks.

Because anything can be solved with the appropriate use of a rock.
>> No. 154696
[X] Calmly ignore the situation, and pretend that nothing is amiss. It is only an issue if you make it one. Which you will not.

Watch it be Yamame, just to screw with us. But a beer spider is fine too.
>> No. 154697
[X] Calmly alert the appropriate party and inform them that there is a matter that requires their attention. Urgently.
>> No. 154698
[x] Calmly alert the appropriate party and inform them that there is a matter that requires their attention. Urgently.

Communications failure imminent.
>> No. 154700
[x] Calmly deal with the situation in an appropriate and restrained manner. Also, with rocks.

More teaching by demonstration
>> No. 154701
[x] Calmly take a more direct and active role in the resolution of this situation. Tackle that sum-bitch.
>> No. 154703
File 133258593928.jpg - (818.04KB , 675x900 , these aren't the legs you're looking for.jpg ) [iqdb]
154703
“Um, Rikako?”

What.” she replies, clearly aware that whatever you were about to say was not going to assist her in her current objective of acquiring alcohol.

“Well, behind you, there's...um...something behind you.” you say, pointing at the dark shape behind her, completely at a loss as to what the thing could be.

Though the dim light of the cave certainly made identification of things difficult at a distance, the large, person-sized mass that was now gently swaying as if suspended by a rope from the ceiling seemed almost as if it were specifically designed to defy identification.

Turning slowly around, Rikako jolts suddenly as she catches her first glimpse of the thing behind her, and takes a quick step away from it.

“W-woah! What in the...” the scientist hesitantly reaches out to the strange mass, seemingly torn between wanting to touch it and wanting to get away from it. “This looks like...hm...silk.”

“Only the finest~!” a voice cheerfully rings out from somewhere overhead.

“'Ey, Yamame, how's it hangin'?” Yuugi calls up at the ceiling, grinning.

“Funny you should ask!” the spider-lady's voice replies, now coming from somewhere behind you.

Turning just enough to look back over your shoulder, you are greeted by the upside-down smile of Yamame Kuro...Kuroda...Korotid....well, the point is you see Yamame.

“Hi, Yamame!” you say, greeting the inverted spider-lady.

“Hello, again, young man! Glad to see you're still in once piece!” she replies, giving you a once-over with her eyes before giving you a curious smile. “Cute robe, by the way.”

“Oh, um...thanks.” you say, uncertain as to exactly how flattered you should be by such a compliment. Sure, 'pink and fluffy' isn't exactly the most masculine thing a guy could wear to protect his modesty, but when you're dealing with comfort of this level, you probably wouldn't care if was covered with enough frills and lace to make even the most elaborately-dressed man-eater feel woefully inadequate.

“Anyway...” Yamame continues, her body swaying a little bit more as she rotates herself to face Yuugi. “The surprises just seem to keep coming, lately. Had some interesting company all of a sudden, and then a whole lot of nothing, then a little bit of something, then some strange vibrations rattling everything, and now more interesting company! I suppose those last two are somehow connected, hmmmm~?”

“Ahh-haha! Ya heard that, huh?” Yuugi says, her grin widening.

“Felt it, really, but yes. In a bit of a rush, are we? Going out, after all this time?” Yamame nods, meeting Yuugi's grin with a smirk of her own. “And here I thought you were going to settle down! Find yourself a nice boy, beat him into submission...or was that drinking him under the table? I keep forgetting how your courtship works.”

“Nah, it doesn't matter what we do, they just gotta be able to keep up! Drinkin', fightin', it's all the same in the end, y'know that!”

“Ah, yes, drunken violence! The foundation of every healthy romance~!”

“Hey, it's a damn lot more fun than dancin'!”

“Well, if you would actually try it, like I've been telling you, maybe you'd change your mind!”

“It ain't the dancin' we got trouble with, Yammy, it's the eating 'em when we're done that nobody's interested in!”

“Well, if you would actually try it, like I've been telling you...”


As the spider and the oni continue their exchange, their smiles never leaving either of their faces, you feel as if you could almost forget about all the troubles plaguing you, and simply enjoy the sight of what you can only assume are two friends being reunited.

It seems almost a shame to interrupt them, but from the look on Rikako's face, you get the feeling that if you don't say something to get the discussion back on track, she certainly will.
Then again, if she's going to do it, that would mean you wouldn't have to...



[ ] Say something.

[ ] Don't say something.
>> No. 154704
[X}Don't say something.
>> No. 154705
[X] Don't say something.

If Rikako says something, it will probably be in the pursuit of our current most important objective, locating beerspider.
>> No. 154706
[X}Don't say something.
>> No. 154707
[x] Say something.

Rikako does not feel like a part of the group. Must console Rikako.
>> No. 154708
[ ] Say something.
>> No. 154709
[x] Say something.
-[x] Why do you need alcohol so much? Are you half-oni now? Do you wanna drown your sorrows or something?
>> No. 154710
[x] Say something.
Take matters into your own hands.
>> No. 154731
[X}Don't say something.

She can probably get their attention on her own. We'd probably just confuse everyone and get in the way.
>> No. 154738
[X}Don't say something.
>> No. 154761
File 133274953652.jpg - (901.49KB , 2500x2500 , JAZZ HANDS.jpg ) [iqdb]
154761
Nah, you don't think you'll say anything.
Yuugi and Yamame seem to be enjoying themselves, even though their conversation seems to be quickly heading into 'you really had to be there to understand what anyone was talking about' territory.

You can't say you've ever really cared much for those sorts of discussions. Not because they made you feel left out, but rather because they made it all but impossible to cover up the fact you had no clue what anyone was talking about. Sometimes, you've learned, you just have to keep quiet and let things unfold as they will, especially when you find yourself in a situation where not even nodding your head and mmhmm-ing occasionally will fool anyone.

Besides, it's not long before the sound of a certain someone politely clearing her throat rings out through the chamber, causing both spider and oni alike to pause and look towards the source.

“My apologies for interrupting your reunion, but I believe we have some rather pressing matters to address, here?” Rikako says, adjusting her glasses slightly.

“Huh? Oh! Right! Gotcha!” Yuugi says with a nod. “We need to get some booze in ya!”

“What? No! Well, I mean, yes, I require some, but not for-”

“Now, don't worry! I'm sure once we get topside we can find ya somethin' good! Not as good as down here, 'course, but that stuff's probably too strong for ya, anyway...”

“No! It's not for me, it's-”

“Not that I'm callin' ya a lightweight, or anything! It's amazin' how well some humans have been able to almost keep up with some of us!”

Will you please listen to me?!” Rikako snaps, successfully getting the oni woman's attention. “The alcohol is not for me, it's for the...wait

Looking as if she just had an epiphany, Rikako slowly turns her gaze towards the upside-down spider-lady.

Miss Kurodani?

“Hm? Yes?” Yamame replies, lazily swaying back and forth in the air.

“That was you, wasn't it?”

“What was me?”

“You know. That. This.” Rikako says, bringing the sides of her hands together and wiggling her fingers in a way you can only assume is meant to resemble spider legs. “My head? Tapping? Beer?”

Even upside-down, the look of confusion and worry on Yamame's face is unmistakable. “...are you feeling alright, dear?”

“That wasn't you, then?” Rikako asks, brow furrowing..

“I'm afraid not. I only just got here.” the spider says, shrugging. “I'd have been here a little sooner, but carrying that little bundle over there slowed me down, a bit.”

Nodding her head in the direction of the silk-covered mass hanging behind Rikako, you wonder how something that big could possibly be considered 'small'. Even with the added mass of the webbing concealing the form of whatever was inside, the thing within could easily be the same size as you.

Then again, you suppose it's fairly normal for a spider to prey upon something as big as itself, so perhaps it's just a matter of perspective.

“Heh! That's a nice one, ya got there!” Yuugi says, nodding her approval. “Not gonna go hungry for a while, are ya?”

“Hmm. Maybe. Maybe not.” Folding her arms, Yamame gazes at the her handiwork with a curious expression. “It's strange, really. From the struggle it put up, I had expected to find something a bit...bigger.”

“What is it?” you ask, wondering just what the spider-woman could have been expecting that a person-sized catch would be considered a disappointment, to her.

“That's the thing. I don't know.” Yamame says, staring at the curious, silk-wrapped mass. “By the time I got there, I found my web completely destroyed, and that already wrapped up, head-to-toe.”

“You found it like this?” asks Rikako, as she begins to cautiously examine the mysterious mass, her strange request for alcohol having apparently been forgotten.

Speaking of which...


Aren't you forgetting something?

[ ] Well, actually....

[ ] Nope!
>> No. 154762
[x] Nope!

If Rikako doesn't remember, it must not be important. Probably. It's not like she's a typical absent-minded scientist or anything.
>> No. 154765
[x] Well, actually....

As far as I can tell, this is the beerspider option.

That is always the correct choice.
>> No. 154766
[X] Nope!

As much as I love Namek, we've overstayed our welcome.
>> No. 154767
[X] Nope!

Someone is in dire need of Miko intervention
>> No. 154772
[x] Well, actually....

Where did he go? ;_;
>> No. 154773
[X] Well, actually....

Beer for the Beer Spider, peanuts for the bar bowl!
>> No. 154775
[x] Well, actually....

DtRT 23: The Search for Beer Spider.
>> No. 154778
So, the ray we used on Yuuka hit her clone and turned her into.. what? A child? With all of her strength and fury?

Speaking of which, where's Medicine?

[x]Actually... (you never specified if this is a write in or not)
>> No. 154782
>>154762

Agreed.

[X] Nope!
>> No. 154786
[x] Well, actually....
>> No. 154789
[x] Nope!
>> No. 154790
>>154778
>(you never specified if this is a write in or not)

It can be, if you want. Unless I explicitly state "no write-ins" for an update, I generally trust you guys to amend your votes if you feel the given choices are lacking in some way, or you simply want to clarify your intent.

I can't remember if I've said something like this before, but I suppose this is the sort of thing that bears repeating every now and then.
>> No. 154814
[x] Well, actually...
-[x] Where is Koishi?

Damnit Koishi, stop being not mentioned in updates.
>> No. 154827
File 133299421840.jpg - (405.46KB , 1024x768 , now boarding.jpg ) [iqdb]
154827
Now that you think of it, there are some things you feel as if you have forgotten about.

Attempting to compile a mental list of them, however, proves to be a tad more difficult than you would expect of something requiring you to remember things that you don't remember.

In fact, you begin to wonder if it would not be simpler to start with what you know you remember, and then proceed from there.

Where are you?
In a cave.
Why are you in a cave?
Because the scary youkai flower lady chased you down there.
Why would she have done that?
Because you exploded a bomb-like device that Rikako cobbled together for you from mysterious parts provided by the alien doctor with the intention of making her shrink down in some way, and she probably didn't like that very much.
Why did you do that?
It seemed like a good idea at the time.
And you are now trying to leave the cave that the youkai woman chased you into?
That is what you are doing.
Meaning you are heading back towards the youkai that chased you down there?
Yes. Yes, you are.
Alone?
No. Not alone.

Just a quick glance around you is more than enough to tell you that you are anything but alone.

Right away, you see Yuugi, Rikako, and Yamame.
Medicine, who had been sticking fairly close to you up until now, was curiously looking over the large, silk-wrapped bundle hanging from the ceiling

Is that all?

Of course it wasn't! Though you could neither see nor hear any sign of her at that moment, you knew that Koishi was probably somewhere nearby. Maybe she was running around in circles, arms outstretched and flapping, pretending to be a bird. Maybe she was was floating around, desperately trying to find a way to get inside Yamame's puffy, bulb-shaped dress. Or maybe she was just jamming her hands down your pants and copping a feel, which you know isn't possible because you aren't even wearing pants, right now.

And...?

...and you don't even currently possess any pants that haven't been reduced to ashes?

Wait...that's it!

PANTS! You have no pants!
Nothing wearable, anyway!

No, who else is with you?

Nobody who can help you with your pants situation, you know that much.

Forget the pants, for a moment. Who else is with you?
But you don't want to forget them, not after remembering them! That's the whole point of this!
Well, do it anyway. Pants are not your top priority right now.
What is your top priority, then?
Aside from the youkai you left on the surface? The one who, when she last saw you, was very angry with you?

Oh, right. That does seem rather important.
Possibly even more so than acquiring something else to preserve your modesty beyond a fluffy, pink bathrobe.

To say the least.

In fact, that's probably something you should have some sort of plan for dealing with, shouldn't you?
Probably.
A plan for how to deal with the youkai lady once you run into her again.
And the others.
Others? What others?

You can't quite remember making anyone else quite so angry back on the surface.
Then again, you don't quite remember making the youkai lady angry, either, what with you knocking yourself out when you attacked her.
You've pretty much had to take the others at their word on that matter, and trust that you haven't spent all this time in a cave because they all decided to indulge in a sudden urge to go spelunking.

Not outside.

You don't think you really made anyone angry down here, either.
Well, Satori did get a little cross with you a time or two.
She did have a point, though. You really were rather careless, and should try to be more careful about not doing things that are bad for you.

Also, something about getting rid of something before it's too late, like...oh.

Right. Evil spirits.
In your head.
Need to get them out.
That's probably a rather important thing to take care of, too.

Kinda. Yeah.

So, deal with the scary youkai lady and the evil spirits in your head.

You can do that.

You think you can do that.

You can probably do that.

Though there are other things you are sure you are still forgetting, those two seem like the most pressing issues for you to deal with.


“Huh. It's good to see that you're beginning to take things seriously..” a rather surprised-looking Rikako says. “Perhaps you really aren't as oblivious as you make yourself appear to be.”

“...uh, what?” you ask, wondering what brought about this sudden remark.

“...or not.” she sighs.

“Well, anyway, what the kiddo said is pretty much what's goin' on.” Yuugi says to Yamame. “Seems like fun stuff happens when they're around, so I'm taggin' along.”

“I see.” the spider-woman says, looking at you with a worried expression on her face.

...you did that thing where you say things aloud without realizing you're saying them aloud, again, didn't you?

Oh yeah,

Damn.

“Hey, you oughta come with!” Yuugi cheerfully suggests. “See some sights! Have some drinks! Stretch your legs! Have some drinks!”

At the mention of 'drinks', you see a bright flash of something in Yamame's eyes, but it is gone too quickly for you to identify it, and replaced by something far more subdued. “Hmmm...I don't know...” she quietly says, a tinge of longing creeping into her voice. “It's been so long, and I really do need to prepare to stock up for the winter, and I wouldn't want to be a burden, and besides, I woaAAAH!

“Wasn't askin'!” Yuugi says, firmly-yet-cheerfully, as she effortlessly plucks Yamame out of the air, ignoring the spider-lady's sputtering protests as she tucks her under her arm.

For a moment, Rikako looks as if she was about to say something, but thinks better of it and instead begins to pretend to be very interested in a patch of web on a nearby wall.

Medicine, observing the scene with some interest, idly prods the web-wrapped thing with her finger.
Considering your little doll-friend is, generally, poisonous to the touch, you wonder if it's really such a good idea for her to be touching something that Yamame was possibly planning on eating.

Then again, if spiders are poisonous, and Yamame is a spider, then wouldn't just about everything she ate be poisoned, anyway?

Before you can reflect too deeply upon the relationship of spiders and poisonous food, however, you notice something strange about the silk-covered mass that Medicine was still poking.

Namely, that it seemed to be reacting to the little doll-girl's pokes.

Whatever is inside is still alive.


Oh, and both Tenshi and Parsee are nowhere to be seen.
You finally notice that, too.

But, mostly you just notice how the web-bundled-thing is moving.
Twitching. Flinching. Squirming.

Man, that is freaky.



[ ] Take it with you!

( ) Yamame might want a snack, later on. Like a boxed lunch, but more horrifying!
( ) It might work as a new floatation device! Since the last one is kinda, you know, dead.
( ) It could be your new friend! No one will ever understand you like Mr. Webbington.
( ) Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.


[ ] Nah, you'll just leave it here. In the cave. Alone. The thing inside doomed to a pitiful death, be it from suffocation or starvation. Very long. Very unpleasant. The sort of death you would not wish upon anything but the worst of your enemies. The sort where you die in a pitiful, pathetic manner that could have been averted, if only some compassionate soul had offered to help you. But they did not. And so, it dies. Cold. Hungry. Forsaken by the world at large. Unless, by some miracle, it escapes, and proceeds to seek vengeance against the ones who left it to die. Because that could happen, too. But you know it won't. At all.
>> No. 154828
[x] Take it with you!
-(x) It could be your new friend! No one will ever understand you like Mr. Webbington.
>> No. 154829
[ ] Nah, you'll just leave it here. In the cave. Alone. The thing inside doomed to a pitiful death, be it from suffocation or starvation. Very long. Very unpleasant. The sort of death you would not wish upon anything but the worst of your enemies. The sort where you die in a pitiful, pathetic manner that could have been averted, if only some compassionate soul had offered to help you. But they did not. And so, it dies. Cold. Hungry. Forsaken by the world at large. Unless, by some miracle, it escapes, and proceeds to seek vengeance against the ones who left it to die. Because that could happen, too. But you know it won't. At all.
>> No. 154830
(x) Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.

the Right Thing
>> No. 154833
[X] Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.

So I got that bitch some oxygen, bitches love oxygen.
>> No. 154834
[X] Take it with you!
(X) Help whatever's inside. Unless it's a rabbit.
{X} If it happens to be a rabbit, close it back up and it can stay as a boxed lunch for Yamame. Or let it out, it doesn't matter too much.
>> No. 154835
[x] Take it with you!
(x) Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.

We need to make absolutely sure it isn't a fucking rabbit.

Yamame is fine catching whatever, but it keeps moving and reacting and that's a little too much I think.
>> No. 154836
[X] Take it with you!

(X) Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.

What if that rabbit is the assistant of some Alien doctor?
>> No. 154837
[x] Take it with you!
(x) Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.
>> No. 154838
[x] Take it with you!
(x) Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.

Now that you mention it, where are Tenshi and Parsee?
>> No. 154839
[x] Take it with you!
(x) Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.

I liked the little mental back-and-forth between us and our more sane portion.

Cool, Yamame's coming with us. And apparently all spiders like alcohol.

Huh, I wonder who "the others" that we've pissed off are. Possibly a reference to the MC's introduction and past?

Also, taking bets about who/what is in the webbing. I'm guessing either an awakened doll or a mini clone-Yuuka.
>> No. 154843
[x] You didn't mention Su-San you horrible, terrible and forgetful person!
About the thing...
[x] Take it with you!
-[x] Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.
>> No. 154851
[x] Take it with you!
-[x] And you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.

Bandwagons and jumping. Two of my favorite things.
>> No. 154854
[ ] Nah, you'll just leave it here. In the cave. Alone. The thing inside doomed to a pitiful death, be it from suffocation or starvation. Very long. Very unpleasant. The sort of death you would not wish upon anything but the worst of your enemies. The sort where you die in a pitiful, pathetic manner that could have been averted, if only some compassionate soul had offered to help you. But they did not. And so, it dies. Cold. Hungry. Forsaken by the world at large. Unless, by some miracle, it escapes, and proceeds to seek vengeance against the ones who left it to die. Because that could happen, too. But you know it won't. At all.

Take the hint guys. This is a clear sign from the author that we should leave this thing forgotten in the underground, deep down where it won't be a problem for anyone anymore.
>> No. 154855
>>154854
This guy is right! There's no possible way that leaving it here would backfire!
>> No. 154857
I say we dump it in the river. Standard body disposal tactic, right there.
>> No. 154865
>>154855
>backfire

Not who you're refering to, but I'm intrigued. Why or how would leaving that stuff underground backfire?
>> No. 154874
>>154865
Not the guy YOU'RE referring to, but... Seriously. Just read the vote option?
It comes with it's own implications (almost more like an outright statement) of what that backfire will be if that option wins.
>> No. 154890
[x] You didn't mention Su-San you horrible, terrible and forgetful person!
About the thing...
[x] Take it with you!
-[x] Or you could, you know, help whatever poor creature is inside. Unless it's a rabbit, because fuck those long-eared little bastards.
>> No. 154891
[x] Nah, you'll just leave it here. In the cave. Alone. The thing inside doomed to a pitiful death, be it from suffocation or starvation. Very long. Very unpleasant. The sort of death you would not wish upon anything but the worst of your enemies. The sort where you die in a pitiful, pathetic manner that could have been averted, if only some compassionate soul had offered to help you. But they did not. And so, it dies. Cold. Hungry. Forsaken by the world at large. Unless, by some miracle, it escapes, and proceeds to seek vengeance against the ones who left it to die. Because that could happen, too. But you know it won't. At all.
>> No. 154922
File 133327742986.jpg - (141.12KB , 536x365 , time to lay some pipe.jpg ) [iqdb]
154922
YOU are walking through THE WOODS one crisp Spring morning, carrying your trusty AXE.
Presumably to CUT WOOD, and not MURDER the SLEAZY BASTARD who was making passes at your WIFE last night.

Suddenly, you trip, sending your AXE flying into the air as you fall to the ground. Looking up, you catch a fleeting glimpse of your AXE as it lands in the nearby LAKE, the murky water swiftly swallowing it faster than a GHOST PRINCESS and a plate of NACHOS.

Before you can begin to weep over the loss of your trusty AXE, a FAIRY emerges from the LAKE! Holding a PIPE in each hand, the FAIRY smiles at you.

Realizing what was about to happen, YOU slowly move to pull your WALLET out of your POCKET, prepared to hand it over to the FAIRY before she even asks for it.


The FAIRY speaks:

"Hello, Sir! It seems you have dropped something in the LAKE! Littering is bad, you know! Tee-hee~!"


YOU apologize profusely for the intrusion, and EXPLAIN that your dropping of your AXE was purely accidental.


The FAIRY speaks again:

"Oh? It was an accident? Well, I guess that's not so bad. Just be more careful next time, okay? Now, what was it that you dropped, again? Was it this NORMAL UPDATE, or this ABNORMAL UPDATE?"


YOU are perplexed as to what this "UPDATE" thing is, especially when the FAIRY was clearly holding a pair of PIPES. However, because she was currently ARMED, while you were NOT, you think better of questioning the FAIRY on that matter, and instead explain that what you dropped was not this mysterious "UPDATE" thing, but your trusty AXE.


The FAIRY becomes MILDLY ANNOYED!

"Look, Bub, I don't have any AXE. I got these UPDATES, and a busy SCHEDULE. Now, tell me which one you dropped and we can both be on our way, or else I'm going to have to plant one of these in the side of your HEAD. Capisce?"


YOU begin to wonder if it wouldn't help to OFFER the MILDLY ANNOYED FAIRY your wallet, anyway, but decide the safest thing to do would be to just do as she says.


"Well? Out with it, already! What did you drop?"


[ ]
>> No. 154923
>>154922
[x] Abnormal update? OH GOD I DON'T KNOW PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I have to get revenge on that sleazy bastard who tried to fuck me yesterday. Well, he took the wrong target, and he ended up fucking my wife, so I'm going to end him, but point is, I need my head. And an update.


Was bored, wanted to write, so have this incredibly stupid vote.
>> No. 154924
[x] Abnormal update
>> No. 154925
[x] Surrender wallet
>> No. 154926
[x] Abnormal update

oh yes.
>> No. 154927
[x] Abnormal update
>> No. 154928
[x] Abnormal update
>> No. 154931
[x] Abnormal update
>> No. 154932
[x] Abnormal update
>> No. 154933
[X] Tell her i have a wife and kids, and not to HURT me.
[X] Give her my wallet
>> No. 154935
[X] Abnormal update

I never cease to be surprised by the sheer spontaneity of this story.
>> No. 154936
File 133334260787.jpg - (327.68KB , 1000x708 , the route that never was.jpg ) [iqdb]
154936
“What are you doing, Human?” the small doll hovering near you asks.

“I'm taking it with us, that's what I'm doing.” you say, firmly, already anticipating where this conversation was going to lead.

“And why are you doing that, precisely? Fancy the notion of collecting another pet?” the doll asks, her condescending tone making it difficult for you to resist the urge to slap the little doll across her little face.

Not that it would do any good. you think to yourself, knowing that the real target of your irritation was currently sitting nice and safe in her cozy little house, far beyond the reach of your admittedly unimpressive reach. Probably sipping tea.

Fancy tea.
The kind that requires special cups, and failing to extend your pinkie finger at the correct angle when you take your first sip is grounds for immediate execution under international law.

So, you know, the good stuff.

No, you know that no good would come of striking out at the little doll in front of you, no matter how good it would feel to let off some steam. Deciding to try to take the mature, adult path, you stay your hand and hold your tongue, as you begin to carefully untangle the strange net that had ensnared whatever poor creature that was inside.

“Hey! Hey! Fuck you, you uppity bitch!”

...Lily, on the other hand, apparently had no desire to exercise such restraint.

Stomping over to you, she snatches the little doll out of the air, and gives it a rather violent shake before bringing up to eye-level.

“I don't give a good goddamn what Froggy McGoogly-eyes is tagging along for, but me and Dai are hanging out with this mouth-breathing moron because we want to, got it? Ain't nobody tells us what to do. Not you, not him, not even Queen Motherfucking Mab herself. So, if you wanna keep flapping your maw, you and me are gonna have nice little chat when we get back to your creepy little playhouse. I'll even bring a present for you! Little present! Wanna know what it is? A big, fuck-ass danmaku cluster-fuck-bomb with your fucking name on it! So cut the bullshit, shut yer yap, and don't open it again until we need your advice on shit you actually know about! Like doll-sized dildos!”

“Thank you, Lily.” you sigh, but otherwise do nothing to stop the mercurial fairy from continuing to rant at the little doll in her hands.

Sometimes, it's best to just let somebody vent, even if you do worry about her language.
Not for your sake, of course, but for the sake of more...innocent ears.

“What's a dildo?”

...like hers.

“You'll find out when you're older, dear.” Suwako says, reassuringly, as she begins to gently stroke the young fairy's hair.

Breathing a sigh of relief, you mentally thank the little goddess for stepping in and averting what would have almost certainly been a rather awkward conversation.

“Or a little sooner, if you play your cards right~!” the frog-goddess loudly whispers, casting a sly wink in your direction.


...or not.

Focusing your attention on the strange net in your hands, you do your best to ignore the gaze of the young fairy that was almost certainly bashfully looking your way at that moment, and strike the mental image of the blush that you knew had to be appearing on her cheeks as even she began to realize what the strange-hatted deity was implying.

Nope, you're not imagining any of that. Nor are you imagining what she was imagining at that moment. Not at all. No, all you had on your mind was the net in your hands, and the release of whatever was desperately trying to escape it. At that moment, your mind was like a laser, focused on just that one, single objective. All other thoughts at that moment did not matter, nor had any place in your mind! Least of all any and all theoretical scenarios involving you and your fairy companion once the two of you finally had some much-needed time alone. Together. Alone. Alone and together. Just the two of you. Free to relax. Free to unwind. Free to do whatever a guy and a cute girl might do when they have some privacy.

You could finally treat her to that dinner you keep promising her! Maybe give her another back-rub. Or a bath...

As awkward as that last time was, you can't say you found it entirely unpleasant.
If only Miss Saigyouji hadn't come in when she did.

You know it wasn't intentional.
Or, at least, you hope it wasn't.
She certainly seemed to have meant well, and all, but still...

You aren't thinking about those things! Certainly not! At all!
Nope, you've got your eyes on the prize! Eyes on the prize!
Eyes on the prize inside the net that you can't...seem...to open.

What the hell is this stuff, anyway?!


...always nay-saying! Everything! Everything we do! Fuck you! You fucking bitch! You come out here and bust your ass on this shit! Fucking bitch! You fucking sit in your fucking cottage, and fucking nap!” Lily screams into the little doll, her chest heaving as she begins to try to catch her breath.

“...are you quite finished?” the bored-sounding doll-maker asks, her voice betraying no emotional reaction to the fairy's vitriolic ranting.

“Fucking cock-ass!

“Your vulgar and childish attempt to intimidate me grows tiresome. This exchange is over. Let me know when you finally blunder you way out of that place, if you would be so kind.”

With an audible click, the doll in Lily's hands goes silent, the telltale sign that Margatroid had severed her connection with your group.

“Bitch.” Lily grumbles, spitting on the ground to show her contempt to nobody in particular.

“Damn, I don't think I can get this undone.” you mutter, cursing whoever made this net so damn well. You swear, it was almost as if whoever made it didn't want whatever got caught in it to be easily released! “Hey, none of you would happen to have a knife or something, would you?”

“Sorry, I left mine in my other hat.” Suwako says, half-jokingly, while Dai just shakes her head. “How about you, Buttercup?”

“Huh? Oh, gracious, no!” Lily gasps, looking up at you, her softer demeanor reappearing as quickly as it had left. “Those things are dangerous!”

“Right. Well, that's that, then.” you say, wondering if you will ever get used to the blonde fairy's sudden mood-swings. Somehow, you doubt it. “I don't think we're getting this thing undone without something to cut it open.”

“Oh? Giving up?” Suwako asks, even though you know she already knows the answer.

“Of course not! We just need to get a knife or something, and we can cut this thing right open! Until then, we'll just carry it with us.”

“But where are we going to acquire such a thing?” Lily asks, immediately pointing out the one hole in your otherwise flawless plan.

You need a cutting instrument of some sort, but first you need to find where you can get one.

How can you DO that?


You know!


You gotta BELIEVE!


[ ] ...that you can find your way back into that village, and see if you can borrow one there. How hard can getting lost again be, anyway?

[ ] ...that Miss Meira will let you borrow her sword for a second. Swords are kinda like knives, right?

[ ] ...that gaudy, red mansion might have one you could use. They seem to have no problem lending out fishing rods, after all!

[ ] ...that you can tolerate being in the presence of that silver-haired asshole long enough to get one from his shop. Assuming he stocks things other than relatively useless shit, that is.
>> No. 154937
... alright. I will admit, that was DEFINITELY fitting for an abnormal update.

I can only ask... how did you come up with the details of this alternate scenario?

(will actually vote once my brain has readjusted to this new reality it has been presented with)
>> No. 154939
>>154937
>>I can only ask... how did you come up with the details of this alternate scenario?

Basically, by looking over the earliest threads of this story, recalling where some of the major choices that didn't win would have led, and extrapolate from those ideas a rough outline of how the story might have progressed based on those alternate choices.

From there, it is simply a matter of fleshing things out, and all that really requires are a few little ideas I'd been sitting on for a while, and a whole lot of making shit up.

As for voting, by all means, go ahead.
I had been wondering about doing at least another update or two of this "What If.." scenario, regardless of whether or not anyone voted, but if there's any actual interest in seeing more of what might have been, I'll be happy to oblige.

Who knows? You might even see a familiar face or two.
Of course, they might not be quite so happy to see you...

If not, well, that's fine, too. We'll pick up where we left off, and that will be that.
>> No. 154941
[x] ...that gaudy, red mansion might have one you could use. They seem to have no problem lending out fishing rods, after all!

I guess Medi and Su-san won't be happy to see us.
>> No. 154942
Alright, I'm curious. What decisions did we need to do to get to that update because I'm stumped.
>> No. 154943
[x] ...that Miss Meira will let you borrow her sword for a second. Swords are kinda like knives, right?

Getting denied by a PC-98 should be amusing.
>> No. 154946
[x] ...that you can tolerate being in the presence of that silver-haired asshole long enough to get one from his shop. Assuming he stocks things other than relatively useless shit, that is.

What's this? A glimpse of my other favorite characters? The only way this could possibly get better is if both groups started dimension-hopping shenanigans.
>> No. 154947
[x] ...that Miss Meira will let you borrow her sword for a second. Swords are kinda like knives, right?
>> No. 154951
[x] ...that you can tolerate being in the presence of that silver-haired asshole long enough to get one from his shop. Assuming he stocks things other than relatively useless shit, that is.

Let's ransack a second hand shop!
>> No. 154958
[x] ...that Miss Meira will let you borrow her sword for a second. Swords are kinda like knives, right?
>> No. 154964
Dat Parappa reference.
>> No. 154973
[x] ...that Miss Meira will let you borrow her sword for a second. Swords are kinda like knives, right?
Suwako eh? High tier, but kinda unreliable.
>> No. 154981
[x] ...that Miss Meira will let you borrow her sword for a second. Swords are kinda like knives, right?
>> No. 154991
File 133344571756.png - (965.70KB , 800x1024 , in media res.png ) [iqdb]
154991
“Well, I guess I'll just ask Miss Meira if she'll lend me her sword for a little bit.” you say, already preparing your most pitiful set of puppy-dog eyes in the hopes that she won't simply scoff at what will almost certainly be a rather pathetic display on your part.

“Yep! That should be fun to see!” the girl the with perpetually-staring hat cheerfully says, as if reading your mind. For all you know, she can.

You're not really sure how comfortable you feel about such a notion, but you're not sure you like it very much.

You bet it's the hat that does it.

That hat.
That hat.
It sees you, there.
You know it.
It sees you, with its eyes.

Those eyes.

The sight of them staring down at you as you awoke that morning, and the high-pitched scream you emitted as a result, are things you will not live down anytime soon.

“Heeeey, you aren't still mad about that, are you?” Suwako asks, as you become aware you were currently glaring at the beady-eyed piece of headgear that had shamed you that very day. “It was a joke! A joke! I said I was sorry!”

“Huh? What? Oh, no! No! It's fine! Fine!” you assure her, even though you know better. “It's all...fine...”

You're not sure you'll ever be 'fine' again.[/i]

As you begin to bend over and pick up the strange net, along with whatever is inside, the froggy-goddess strides over to you, and brings her face level to your own. Quietly staring at you, you can tell she isn't convinced by your words.

Hell, you aren't convinced by your words.

Suddenly, you feel a pair of hands clap down on your cheeks, as the little deity returns to her usual cheery demeanor. “Okay! If you say it's fine, then it's fine! But you have to smile, okay?”

As if to assist in the effort, Suwako's thumbs begin to gently push up on the corners of your mouth, as her pinkies go to work at attempting to tickle the area around your ears.
Though you have no doubt that it is a ridiculous sight to behold, the faint giggling you can clearly hear off to the side all but confirms it.

Nevertheless, you begin to feel something other than Suwako's thumbs working the corners of your mouth upward, and before long you feel yourself smiling under your own power.

Seeing this, Suwako offers you the slightest of nods. “Good! That's it!” she says, taking her hands away and clapping them together. “Nobody likes a frowny-face, least of all the ladies!”

Leaning in extra-close as she says that last part, but only barely lowering her voice, you wonder if she was really trying to make it so only you could hear her, or if she just thought the gesture fit the moment and ran with it.
From what you've seen, it really could go either way with her.

“Well then! We shouldn't keep the lady waiting, should we?” Suwako continues to speak. Springing up, she stretches her arms a little before spinning around, and starts to walk towards what you can only hope is the way out of this forest. “Keep up now, children! No lollygagging~!”

Casting a glance at the two fairies, you can't help but smile and shrug. Carefully lifting the mysterious net-ensnared thing, you gently heft it over your shoulder, nod to your companions, and begin your journey out of the forest you had purposefully lost yourself in.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“You're back.” Meira says as you approach, her terse observation of your return probably being the closest you can hope to get to a greeting from the swords-woman.

“Aww, didja miss us?” Suwako asks, practically skipping up to where she was seated on the ground. “I bet you did~!”

“Not particularly.” Meira replies, her cool tone carrying not even the slightest hint of malice. Or any identifiable emotion, really.

So, basically, it was just Meira being Meira.
Or, more accurately, Meira being Meira dealing with Suwako.

Why she gets that way whenever the little goddess is around, let alone interacting with her, you're not really sure, but you get the distinct impression that the diminutive deity simply considers the “One-woman Cold Front” act to be a challenge of some sort.

“Aww, come on! Come on! You missed us! You know you did! You know~!” Suwako cheerfully jabs at the woman, opting to go straight for a direct attack.

“What is that?” Meira asks, gracefully dodging Suwako by completely ignoring her, and instead focusing her attention on you.

“Well, you see...”


[ ] Cut to the chase! Cutting! And things that need it!

[ ] Pleasantries first! A little greeting never hurt anybody!

[ ] Not so fast! Did she even move while you were gone?!






----------------------------------------------


>>154942

I could compile a list, but beyond the first handful of choices I would be pretty much just making things up, though I would at least try to make them sound like actual options that would have appeared in the story.

[X] Agree with her
[X] Go back to town
[X] HAMMERTIME
[X] Excessively-wordy and over-complicated option that details a specific series of actions and responses with no regard for how the scene might actually play out and thus is not guaranteed to work at all like the people voting for it expected it to
[X] 5
[X] Yes
[X] Shake the baby
[X] MOVIE REFERENCE
[X] GAMING REFERENCE
[X] OPTION THAT SOUNDS LIKE A REFERENCE BUT REALLY ISN'T
[X] and MANY MORE!
>> No. 154992
[X] Pleasantries first! A little greeting never hurt anybody!
>> No. 154993
[x] Cut to the chase! Cutting! And things that need it!

We're going to ask something from her. Don't piss her off.
>> No. 154995
[x] Not so fast! Did she even move while you were gone?!

Who does she think she is? A hermit?
This Suwako is reminding me of a combination of Satori and Koishi. This is a very good thing.
>> No. 154996
>>154991

...Those potential choices would actually make perfect sense while in the context of this story.
>> No. 154999
[x] Not so fast! Did she even move while you were gone?!
>> No. 155005
[X] Pleasantries first! A little greeting never hurt anybody!
>> No. 155010
[x] Pleasantries first! A little greeting never hurt anybo-wait a minute...
-[x] Did she even move while you were gone?!
>> No. 155022
[ ] Cut to the chase! Cutting! And things that need it!

>[X] Shake the baby
wat

>>154995
I can see similarities to Koishi, definitely, but Satori?

And writefag, would it still be at all possible to get Pyonta Suwako in our non-alternate party? Please? I'm really enjoying how you're writing the frog loli.
>> No. 155023
>>154995
>This Suwako is reminding me of a combination of Satori and Koishi. This is a very good thing.

Several of the personalities match up rather well, IMO.

Suwako = Alt!Koishi
Meira = Alt!Rikako
Daiyousei = Alt!Medicine
Lily = Alt!Parsee
Alice = Alt!Tenshi (only real issue, this Alice seems like enough of a bitch though)
>> No. 155034
File 133355212167.jpg - (426.64KB , 1232x1434 , MICROTRANSACTIONS FUCK YEAH.jpg ) [iqdb]
155034
>>155022
>>would it still be at all possible to get Pyonta Suwako in our non-alternate party?

Good news! It is possible, and it's as simple as buying my new DLC package!
Not only will it unlock Suwako as a possible party member, but you'll get three new colors for your fluffy bathrobe! That's right, a whole three colors that do absolutely NOTHING to impact anything in any way!


Seriously, though? It's probably possible, but it will depend on where you go and what you do.
>> No. 155036
>>155023
Would Shanghai be Alt!Su-san?
>> No. 155040
wow, Shanghai as a tsundere doll. I can't see Shanghai being tsundere though.
>> No. 155043
>>155034
That is so wrong and yet probably true. Such bullshit.
>> No. 155045
File 133357320519.jpg - (361.01KB , 604x900 , 26006493.jpg ) [iqdb]
155045
>>155040
It's Alice speaking through Shanghai. And I'm not sure about the tsundere part. She might be tagging along cause the moron owes her something, such as a bike.
>> No. 155057
[X] Not so fast! Did she even move while you were gone?!

>three colors
>DLC

I see what you did there.
So does that mean our choices ultimately won't matter?
>> No. 155059
Of course they matter. Our choices affect the color of the explosion our character dies in.
>> No. 155061
>>155045
Or a door.
>> No. 155095
File 133370111763.jpg - (286.51KB , 650x600 , she gonna cut you mang.jpg ) [iqdb]
155095
“Actually, that's not important right now.” you change the subject, as you feel the weight on your shoulder squirming around. “After all, I haven't wished you a good morning, yet! Good morning, Miss Meira!”

“Likewise. Now, what is that?” Meira replies, skillfully changing the subject back to the subject you had originally changed the subject from.

She's good.

“Weeeeeeeeell, we found it laying on the ground on our way back, and since we figured you might be getting hungry, what you with staying out here all night...” Suwako chimes in, as the squirming on your neck becomes more frantic. Though not completely untrue, you couldn't help but find something of her explanation to be questionable.

“...I see.” Meira says, clearly aware that the little goddess was speaking mostly in jest, as usual...or so you thought, until you notice the way Meira was now looking at the net-wrapped parcel on your shoulder. Truly, it was a look of hunger that couldn't have been any more cliché if she started licking her lips.

“A-actually, we just wanted to try to set whatever was caught in here free!” you hurriedly explain, as Meira begins to slowly reach for her sword. “I couldn't do anything with just my hands, so I brought it back to see if you could help us cut it out, or something!”

Meira's hand pauses.

“...oh.” she says, her voice carrying just the slightest tinge of disappointment, even while maintaining an otherwise perfect poker-face.

Much to your relief, the thing on your shoulder seems to calm down slightly, apparently aware that its life was no longer in danger. Or, at least, in less danger.

You're not really sure that will continue to be the case if whatever you release happens to be something edible, rather than something made more out of magic instead of meat. Despite the sizes they can attain, most mystical beings tend to not be particularly delicious or filling.

Not that you would know anything about that, of course...ha ha ha...ah...

A-ah! Ah, e-er, um, e-excuse me!” you hear Dai suddenly yelp. Turning to look towards the young fairy, you see her take a few uneasy steps forward, as if someone had just pushed her from behind. The 'someone' in this case being Lily, who appears to have done just that, if the way she was smiling was any indication. “Miss M-Meira, um, ah, w-well...h-here.”

Holding up something wrapped in a familiar-looking handkerchief, Dai offers it to the surprisingly surprised-looking Meira, her normally guarded demeanor apparently unprepared to defend against a full-frontal fairy assault.

With some hesitation, Meira accepts the fairy's offering, carefully pulling away the handkerchief to reveal what you recognize as one of the strange, cake-like things your hosts had served for breakfast that morning.

What did they call them, again?
Waffles?

Whatever they were called, you knew what they were. Delicious.

“Oh-ho, so that's what she was up to...” Suwako quietly muses, as both she and Lily come up beside you to watch the scene unfolding before the three of you.

“...s-see, it's called a 'waffle' and, u-um, it's made with some dough t-that's poured into a, um, a big thing they call an 'iron'...”

“She's such a sweet child, isn't she?” Suwako says, sighing as if she were reminded of a fond memory.

“...cooks it so it's, um, all kinda crispy on the outside but, well, uh, n-not on the inside, so...”

“I'm surprised she did something like this. Wasn't she afraid of her?” you ask, glancing sideways at Lily.

“...oh! A-and syrup! They put this syrup stuff on it, and it's really sweet and, uh, um...I guess I kinda forgot to bring any...”

“Well, 'intimidated' is more like it, but that was to be expected...” Lily quietly replies, her smile faltering slightly as you both recall your first encounter with the sword-wielding woman. “But she isn't really a bad person, and Dai knows it. She's just...”

“Worried about getting close to someone who chased her around with a sword?”

“I can hear you, you are aware?” Meira suddenly speaks up, shooting an icy glare towards Suwako.

“About as aware as I am that your present isn't getting any more eaten if you're talking to us.” Suwako fires back, her smile not leaving her face for even a second. “This would be the part where you say 'thank you', by the way~!”

For a moment, Meira looks as if she wants to say more, but realizes that the frog-goddess actually has a point. Turning back towards Dai, she bows her head in thanks, with the young fairy repeatedly returning the motion more times than you think was really necessary.

Whether it was due to her hunger, or just the desire to get everyone to stop staring at her as she ate, Meira consumes the waffle in a flash, leaving no speck or crumb behind. Her appetite now sated, her attention now returns to the netted life-form slung over your shoulder.

“You wish for me to cut that, then?”

“Just the net, of course.” you clarify, carefully depositing the squirming mass on the ground.

“Of course.” Meira says, drawing her sword and adopting what was unmistakably a fighting stance.

Before you can once again remind her that the idea was to simply cut the net, she strikes. With a single swing, her blade slices through the net with incredible ease, the lack of any sound resembling a shriek or howl giving you hope that the net was the only thing that was cut.

Or, in the event that it was not, that whatever poor creature was inside was already dead, killed before its brain could register any sensation of pain.

Fortunately, that does not seem to be the case, as the net's occupant begins to stir and work its way out of its prison and into the light.

“Huh?! Is that...”
>> No. 155096
Huh... this version of the protagonist seems much more... together than the usual one. Not that that's hard, but it's still interesting to see. I wonder what they would think of each other.

Might be worth giving offerings to Yukari for that to be an omake or something.
>> No. 155097
Most likely due to a lack of Koishi's influence.
>> No. 155098
>>155095
I bet on Rikako.
I mean, who else got near a spider?
>> No. 155099
>>155098
In this sequence? Who knows? Heck, we don't even know who was in it in the normal one, 'cause it wasn't Rikako there.
>> No. 155158
File 133378529244.png - (363.06KB , 500x770 , that's no sheep.png ) [iqdb]
155158
“...what is that?” you ask, utterly perplexed by the strange creature that has waddled its way out of the net that had trapped it.

Standing upon four legs, pure-white fluff covering its body from head to hindquarters, your first impression is of a strange, stuffed animal that had somehow been brought to life. The way its beady, black eyes glisten in the sun as it slowly surveys your group only strengthens that image in your mind.

“Oh my!”
“How cute!”

The two fairies practically squeal in unison, as they slowly begin to approach the strange creature, gently cooing to it.

“No, really, what is that?” you ask, looking to both Meira and Suwako in the hopes that at least one of them have some idea of what you're dealing with.

“No idea, but I think I want to throw a ball at it.” Suwako says, somehow managing to still look vaguely amused despite clearly having no idea what to make of the weird little monster.

“Hmmm...I wonder...” Meira mutters, gazing thoughtfully at the creature. “Disregarding the fur, how much meat would be on an animal of that size?”

“Uh, Miss Meira? I don't think you should-”

MOKO!” the little creature suddenly barks, causing the two fairies to draw back in surprise. Fluffing itself up in what you can only assume is an attempt to make itself look bigger and more threatening, the strange creature's beady eyes glare Meira. “MOKO! MOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMKO!!!

“Miss Meira! How could you say such a horrible thing?!” Lily says, turning towards the three of you as Dai attempts to calm the creature.

MOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKO

“There, there! It's okay! She didn't really mean that! Honest!”

MOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKOMOKO

“I...I did not intend to...”

“I think it likes you~!” Suwako half-whispers to the swords-woman, who looked to dumbfounded by suddenly becoming the bad-guy to pay the little goddess any mind.

“My, my. You certainly have a knack for making 'friends', don't you?” the voice of the doll-maker suddenly crackles from the small, floating doll floating near you, causing you to jump in surprise. As quiet and unobtrusive as the little doll shadowing you usually is, you still find yourself forgetting it's even there...at least, until the moment it begins speaking with that voice that you've grown to dread hearing so very, very much.

“I would ask if you had at least put any distance between yourselves and that place before indulging in yet another time-wasting exercise, but the answer to that is all-too apparent.” the doll-maker continues, making no attempt to conceal her disdain.

“Of course, listening in to everything we say and do probably helps, too, huh?” Suwako smirks, a dangerous glint appearing in her eyes.

“Don't be absurd, most of your prattling is far too inane to warrant continuous observation.” Alice retorts dismissively. “Shanghai has simply been programmed to reestablish our connection at timed intervals for the purposes of monitoring your progress, as well as when other criteria are met. But I digress.”

For a moment, you consider asking what some of those 'other criteria' might be, but between simply dealing with her and the still-barking animal you just released, you are satisfied that you have enough things to ruin your good mood right now without delving into the issue of exactly how your supposed benefactor has been invading your privacy.

“Look, Miss Margatroid, we have a little bit of a situation here, so unless it's important, could it maybe wait?” you say to the doll, hoping that her lack of patience for your 'time-wasting exercises' might compel her to leave you alone for a little while. “We'll get moving as soon as we can, I promise, so if you could just wait until then-”

“Oh, just leave us alone, you dreadful, awful woman!” Lily shouts, her tone suggesting that the doll-maker might be in store for another barrage of profanities in the very near future.

“Easy, Lily.” you motion towards the fairy, knowing your words won't be of much help if this 'discussion' continues for much longer. “Sorry, Miss Margatroid, but we really don't have time for this from you, right now.”

“How ungrateful.” she dully replies, sounding nowhere near as put-off as you would have expected. “And here I thought you might appreciate what I had to tell you. You may even consider it to be 'help' from me.”

“Help?” you ask, unsure if you were really hearing what you were hearing. Sure, she did 'help' you with your investigation of that box, not to mention that whole 'making sure you don't die after getting exposed to enough poison to kill a bull elephant' thing, but since then? She's felt more like an overbearing boss than an ally.

“That is correct. Help. I was going to warn you.”

“About...?”

“You remember our mutual 'problem', correct? She showed up at my door, such as it is, this morning.”

“What?! What happened?!”

“I had anticipated she would return, of course, but I had not expected it would happen so soon after the last time. I have been researching counter-measures, and identified a few that looked most promising, mostly bindings and a rudimentary means of overriding the consciousness, but have not had time to prepare anything. As I have no desire for her to further sully any of my creations, I was forced to resort to alternative methods of dealing with her.”

“Um...”

“I persuaded her go away.” the doll-maker clarifies. “As troublesome as she may be, she is far too valuable as a research specimen to simply destroy.”

“Well, that's nice and all...” you admit, surprised that such a potentially-violent encounter could have ended so peacefully. “But what does that have to do with us?”

“I merely persuaded her to leave, not abandon her petty and childish quest for revenge. As single-minded as she clearly is, her failure to exact vengeance against me will simply force her to refocus her efforts on the other object of her ire.”

“In other words, me.” you sigh, not at all looking forward to a reunion with the one the nearly killed you. “So, a crazy, poison-spewing doll is going to be wandering around aimlessly, looking for-”

“Oh, no. Not wandering aimlessly.” the doll-maker cuts you off. “She is almost certainly heading for your location as we speak.”

“...what?! How does she even-”

“I told her, of course.” she says, matter-of-factly.

WHAT?!

For a moment, you can do little else but stare at the little doll in front of you in disbelief. “You...you didn't think to maybe, I dunno, tell us about this sooner?” you finally ask, barely keeping yourself from screaming at the doll-turned-communicator.

“As I recollect, I did strongly urge you to not waste time and leave as soon as possible. You did not.”

“You always tell us that!” Lily snaps, her own restraint reaching its limit.

“If you would actually do it of your own accord, telling you would not be necessary.” the little doll retorts, coldly. “Perhaps in the future you will think twice before disregarding my advice.”

How about we see how well you disregard having a boot shoved up your-

“Lily! Please!” Dai rushes over, clamping a hand over her friend's mouth. “You'll upset it!”

Realizing that the strange creature had ceased its somewhat irritating barking, you glance over at it as it begins to nibble on a patch of grass.

“How long?” Meira asks the doll, somehow looking more at-ease with the news of an imminent encounter with a walking ball of death than she was with a fluffy animal making angry noises at her.

“It is hard to say, but I cannot imagine it will be long now. If you have no desire for her to find you, then you would do well to ensure that you are not where she expects you to be. Unless, of course, you want a confrontation with her, in which case you should stay where you are.” the little doll says, the voice of its owner making it abundantly clear that she really didn't care what you chose to do. “If you do attempt to engage her, however, I would ask that you refrain from any actions that might damage her. I will need her intact if I am to properly study her workings, after all.”

“'Try not to break the crazy doll trying to kill us'. Gotcha. Anything else?”

“Try not to get killed.”

“Will do. We'll try not to get...wait, what?”

You almost can't believe your ears.
Concern? For your well-being?
It's almost as if-

“After all, you can't repay me if you're dead..”

...oh.
Well.
Never mind that, then.

“...although, there was that one chapter about methods of manipulating corpses....”

“Er, yeah. Thanks, Miss Margatroid. We'll deal with things on this end.” you say, eager to have this current conversation end for more than one reason.

“Mm, yes, yes, fine. Do as you will. Assuming you're still alive, I will be in touch later. Until then.” the doll-maker replies, her words punctuated by the tell-tale click of her severing the connection between the doll and herself, leaving you to ponder your next move.



[ ] Hold your ground!

[ ] Get the hell out of there!



[ ] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.
>> No. 155159
[X] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.

Enemy Medi is too sad to bear right now. Let's go back to friendly Medi.
>> No. 155160
[x] Get the hell out of there!

I wasn't expecting a mokosheep!
>> No. 155162
[x] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.

Medi ;_;
>> No. 155163
[x] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.

It was nice having a sane protag though. Wonder how we pulled That off.
>> No. 155165
>Sure, she did 'help' you with your investigation of that box,
Oohhhhhhhhhhh. What was it what was it what was it!

[x] Hold your ground!

I want to see angry Medi...
>> No. 155166
[x] Hold your ground!
>> No. 155167
[x] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.

Let's get back to the consequences of the choices we actually made.
>> No. 155169
[X] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.
>> No. 155172
[x] Hold your ground!
>> No. 155173
[X] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.
>> No. 155178
[x] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.

It was great seeing Sheep Moko again but we've got to get back on track... or as much as this story and the MC can do so.
>> No. 155198
[x] Hold your ground!
Oh come on, people, we'll have dozens more story posts with moe!Medi. Can't we stick with this scenario for a bit longer? We might not see these characters ever again.
>> No. 155199
[x] Get the hell out of there!

>>155160

No one expects the Mokosheep! Their chief weapon is 'Moko.' 'Moko' and wool. Their two weapons are 'Moko' and wool, and an irresistible cuteness. Their three weapons are 'Moko,' wool, irresistible cuteness... and an almost fanatical devotion to Keine. Their four... no... Amongst their weapons... Amongst their weaponry... are such elements as 'Moko,' wool, irresistible cuteness... I'll come in again.
>> No. 155200
[X] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.
>> No. 155202
[x] Screw this, I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled programming.

There's not enough Parsee in my diet, damn it.
>> No. 155204
>>155199
>FLUFFY ACTING
>> No. 155211
File 13339099104.jpg - (313.79KB , 1000x708 , preorder exclusive costume pack.jpg ) [iqdb]
155211
Alright, calling it for resuming the actual story, where we'll pick up right where we left off.

I hope this little look at what might have been but possibly not since I suck at predicting how you'll vote most of the time was enjoyable even if we stopped short of the part I was really looking forward to, and I hope we might be able to do something like it again, sometime.

Sorry to those who wanted to see this continue, but know that I will be keeping record of your votes, and if we pick up this particular scenario again, I may very well continue it from where we're leaving it.

As always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.


>>155165
>>I want to see angry Medi...

You still might...
>> No. 155225
>>155165
>>I want to see angry Medi...
>>155211

I want to see angry Medi punching out a bear.
>> No. 155226
File 133391754246.png - (477.71KB , 628x660 , Pic Related.png ) [iqdb]
155226
>>155225
I want to see Angry Medi punching out Silent Hill Mannequins.
>> No. 155231
>>155211
>even if we stopped short of the part I was really looking forward to

Why don't you man up and use your godly writer's power and prerrogative and write the part you really wanted to and then go bck to normality? Normality? In this story? lolwut?
>> No. 155241
File 133395053435.jpg - (312.98KB , 598x800 , 25884829_big_p70.jpg ) [iqdb]
155241
>>155231
If I felt that strongly about doing it, why would I choose to give everyone an option that would result in me not doing it in the first place?

I still intend to write it, one way or the other. All this means is that it will be pushed back to a later date. It's a postponement, not a cancellation.

Besides, doing it this way is probably for the best, anyway. Depending on how the regular story goes, it will make the contrast with what's going to happen in the alternate story that much more drastic.
And, with any luck, hurt that much more~.

>>155225
>>155226
Sorry, but neither of those will happen in the regular or alternate story.
The alternate alternate stories, on the other hand...
>> No. 155246
File 133396617368.jpg - (434.14KB , 640x800 , also high in fiber.jpg ) [iqdb]
155246
“What are you doing, Human?” Medicine asks, her head tilting slightly to the side as you wrap your arms around the cocoon-like mass and begin to tug.

“I think we should take this thing with us.” you say between strained grunts; the strength of the rope-like strand of silk holding the whole thing up proving to be far more resistant to your puny, human physique than you had expected. You're not sure why you expected that a web created by a youkai spider would break so easily that even you could do it, but this hardly seemed like the time to start on that whole 'making sense' thing you keep hearing about.

“How come?”

“I dunno, it just doesn't feel 'right' to me, just leaving it here like this.”

“Huh?”

“Thinkin' somebody might want a snack for the road, kiddo?” a still-grinning Yuugi asks.

Stepping over to join you, Yamame still tucked neatly under her arm, the horned woman motions for you to step aside. Tightly grasping the top of the mass with her free hand, Yuugi sharply yanks down on the cord tethering it to the ceiling, snapping it in a single motion.

As if awoken by the sudden jolt, the web-mass begins to squirm with increased vigor, leaving no doubt that whatever was inside was still very much alive.

“Heh! Looks like ya caught a feisty one, Yammy!”

“That...shouldn't be doing that.” Yamame says, looking both surprised, and mildly concerned. “That wrapping is- could you please put me down, Yuugi?”

“I dunno, ya might try somethin' tricky, and skitter off.” the oni says, teasingly. “We can't have that, now, can we?”

“Well, how else am I supposed to get there before you drink the place dry?” the spider-lady retorts. “But, no, I'm not going to 'skitter off' anywhere, I just want to get a better look at my catch. Okay?”

“Well, okay...but I'm watchin' ya!” Yuugi warns, the grin on her face completely defeating any attempt she may have been making to sound serious.

Thank you, Yuugi.” Yamame says, slipping free from the larger woman's grasp and moving into a better position to examine her 'catch'. “Now, like I was saying, that thing shouldn't be moving. At all. That wrapping is air-tight, and it's been long enough that just about anything that breathes should have suffocated.”

“No envenomation?” you hear Rikako ask, as you wonder what Yamame's ability to pretend has to do with anything.

“Didn't see a need to.” the spider-lady says, shaking her head. “By the time I found it, it had already wrapped itself up pretty well just struggling and rolling around. Head to toe, completely covered. No gaps, no openings of any kind. I would have had to open it back up just to get to anything I could bite.”

“So, wait,” you ask, unsure of how unsettled you should feel about this entire matter. “Something came in here, got caught in your web, wrapped itself up to the point that you can't even tell what it is, and you were just going to leave it to suffocate to death?”

“Well, when you put it like that...” Yamame smirks, running her hands along her still-squirming captive. “That does sound rather cruel, doesn't it? Just leaving it in there, like that? Unable to see. Unable to move. Completely helpless. Killing it would practically be an act of mercy, by now, wouldn't it? Don't you agree?”

“Um, not really.” you say, as the web-bundle begins struggling more frantically at Yamame's words. “I would probably just let it go.”

“Hmm~, I [guess we could do that...” Yamame loudly sighs, and begins to drum her fingers on what you can only guess is the thing's head. “But I was so looking forward to having a sizable meal, for a change, and it's been so long since I've had a catch as big as this. It just seem such a shame to just let it go~.”

As Yamame continues to speak, you notice her smile getting wider and wider, as the web-bundle's struggling becomes more and more frantic.

“Can it hear us?” you ask, wondering just what the spider-lady found so amusing.

“Well, I would be very surprised if it couldn't.” Yamame replies, scooping the web-bundle up in her arms and nodding to Yuugi to let go. “Isn't that right, Surface Youkai~?”

Suddenly, the web-bundle's squirming comes to a complete stop, as if the life-form within really could hear Yamame's words.

...and knew she was right.

“Such naughty children they must have up there, these days!” Yamame continues to speak, turning and beginning to walk away, stopping just long enough to silently motion for you to follow. “Poking around in all sorts of dark, scary places that they should know better than to venture into! I suppose we must do something about that, shouldn’t we?”

Following closely behind, you see Yamame's head briefly bend down towards web-bundle, pausing briefly before quickly pulling away with a strange tearing sound, followed by muffled chewing noises.

“Um, Yamame...?”

“Don't worry, it's just her web she's chewing on.” Rikako quietly tells you, seemingly noticing the slight look of concern on your face. “It's common for spiders to eat their own webs as a means of recycling proteins. In this case, it is also probably one of the safest means of removing the web from whatever it's binding, as cutting or forcefully pulling it off might-”

“Actually, I was wondering if she might know where Tenshi and Parsee wandered off to.” you say, interrupting Rikako's explanation. “I can't hear either of them, and that's kinda, you know, weird for them.”

“Hmm, yes, I noticed. I had hoped I was simply growing accustomed enough to their bickering that I was unconsciously blocking them out, but under the circumstances...” Rikako sighs. “I would assume they've mistakenly wandered into a side-tunnel somewhere along the way, and have just been too engrossed in trying to irritate one another to notice.”

“Mmm. I felt some vibrations from a chamber further ahead just before I dropped in on you.” you hear Yamame say as she continues to chew clumps of web from her captive. “Not much struggling, but a lot of noise, from the feel of it.”

“And you think they're still there?”

“Mmph. Hold on...” Yamame says, pausing to swallow before continuing. “Not sure. It just stopped, all of a sudden.”

Stopped?
Uh-oh you think to yourself. Though you don't know why either of them would just stop moving all of a sudden, you can't imagine any reason that you would consider to be 'good'.

Continuing to follow the still-chewing Yamame as she leads you a number of chambers and passages, you soon find yourself in another web-filled area, and quickly spot two of your wayward companions sprawled out on the floor of the cave, unconscious, as a fourth hovers over all of them.


...wait, what?
One...two...three... you silently count to yourself, attempting to figure out what about the scene in front of you didn't make sense.

There's Tenshi... you think, looking at the Celestial still clutching her chunk of bridge-wood in her hand.
There's Parsee... you think, as your gaze moves towards the bridge princess laying right next to Tenshi.
There's Koishi...no, wait, there's Koishi...nonono, there, THERE is Koishi...maybe... you think, your mind struggling to sort out the Koishi parts from the the non-Koishi parts of the chamber.
So, Number Four would be... you think, your eyes falling upon the final, small shape floating in the midst of all this.

“Su-san!” Medicine happily calls out, running up to greet her tiny compatriot. “There you are! Why'd you go off and...huh?”

Silently gesturing to the other three girls in the room, Su-san explains exactly what transpired here, or so you assume from the way Medicine was nodding in response.

“Oh, yeah! That makes sense! Good work, Su-san!” Medicine says, before turning back to you. “Su-san said she stopped those stupid idiots from running off by making it so they can't run off, so you better be grateful, Human! That's what she said!”

As if to confirm this, the little doll folds her arms across her chest and nods.

“Well, uh, good work, Su-san!” you offer, uncertain whether or not the poisoning of friends and companions is really something you should be encouraging.
Then again, poisoning is gentler than a rock to the head, you suppose, so you probably don't have much room to complain.

Unfortunately, while you are somewhat glad to have been spared the unnecessary waste of time and energy that would have been required to find them, had they been allowed to continue wandering on their own, you now find yourself presented with another problem: how do you get them out?

Though you think you hear some incoherent mumbling that could either be coming from Koishi or is simply an auditory hallucination brought on by your ever-slipping grasp on reality, none of the three girls look as if they'll be getting up and walking on their own anytime soon. Certainly not until you can get them out into some fresher air, at least.

Though you have no doubt that Yuugi could easily carry all three of them with no difficulty, you wonder if you shouldn't offer to share the burden and carry at least one of them, yourself...


[ ] Nah, let Yuugi handle the heavy lifting.

[ ] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-- ( ) ...who?
>> No. 155247
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Yourself!
--(x) Tenshi!
>> No. 155248
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Yourself!
--(x) Tenshi!
>> No. 155249
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Tenshi!

This is my only path
>> No. 155250
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Tenshi!

It's the most interesting thing in my opinion.
>> No. 155251
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Parsee
>> No. 155252
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-[x] Koishi

The bringer of delicious eggs and the woman we most want to invite out for dinner. Most likely. Probably.
>> No. 155258
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-- (x) Tenshi!

I would vote for Koishi, but she hangs onto his back all the time of her own free will.

I wonder how Medi will react to seeing Alice. Maybe we'll be able to convince her to work with Alice? They do have the same goal, kind of. Alice wants to free the dolls too.
>> No. 155259
>>155258
I dunno. Alice is kind of a robot bitch tho.

[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi !
>> No. 155261
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi

Gah, this choice, I want both. But i suppose koi is more emotionally fragile. probably.
>> No. 155263
[ ] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-[x] Tenshi

Tenshi and the MC were made for each other.
>> No. 155264
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-- (x) Tenshi!
>>155263
I concur. Rocks call to rocks, and all that.
>> No. 155266
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--[X]Mokosheep
--(x) Tenshi!
>> No. 155267
[X] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(X) Tenshi
>> No. 155270
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Tenshi!

I can't see any other option
>> No. 155279
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi!

Because we'd rather Koishi's influence be on us than on Yuugi.
>> No. 155287
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi
>> No. 155302
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi
>> No. 155306
[X] Tenshi
>> No. 155307
[X] Su-san!
>> No. 155311
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-- (x) ...Parsee!

After having seen Parsee reach through the fourth wall to chew out Anonymous for a habit of jumping the idea of a Parsee route and then losing interest, I cannot possibly lose interest in this Parsee.
>> No. 155312
>>155311

Parsee route? When did we think of that? As far as I recall, we only considered Tenshi and then Koishi.

[X] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(X) Tenshi
>> No. 155323
Yamame is the best troll.

[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi

>>155258
I take it you forgot the interlude a while ago with Alice's journal? In which it was strongly hinted that Alice's dolls had awakened, likely due to Medi's influence, and attacked/subdued/possibly killed her?
Personally, I'm less concerned for Alice's fate now than I was then, after seeing what she's like in the alternate story, but still.
>> No. 155329
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi
---{x} You're pretty sure these parts are Koishi's you're grabbing on to. At least, hopefully. If not, probably someone will be either embarrassed or upset about that.
>> No. 155332
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi
>> No. 155337
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Koishi
>> No. 155339
[X] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(X) Tenshi

The master needs to care for his pupils.
>> No. 155340
[X] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-(X) Su-san and Medicine.
>> No. 155341
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-- (x) Koishi

That's a lot of votes.
>> No. 155366
[x] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
--(x) Tenshi!

Oh yes.
>> No. 155367
[X] Of course you'll help out! You'll carry...
-[X] Tenshi

Because rocks.
>> No. 155369
File 133412168438.jpg - (190.13KB , 428x500 , where the hell are they all coming from.jpg ) [iqdb]
155369
Okay, yeah, calling it.
I'm calling the vote now.
The vote is now called.

You can stop, now.
>> No. 155370
30 votes, 14 for Tenshi and 11 for Koishi.

Damn.
>> No. 155373
>>where the hell are they all coming from.jpg

Spamvoting is a very real and strong possibility. Of course, so too is general popularity.
>> No. 155375
File 133413147739.jpg - (159.83KB , 750x750 , Goodbye Namek.jpg ) [iqdb]
155375
“Well, we can't just leave them like this.” you say, kneeling down to pick up the downed Celestial, taking special care collect her hat and chunk of wood, as well. “Uh, Yuugi? Could you...?”

“Heh, no problem!” the horned woman grins, already holding up Parsee with one hand, and moving to pick up Koishi. “I figured you'd want to tend to your girlfriend yourself.”

“Actually, she's not-” you begin to say, but stop.
Is she?
Is she not?
Given your relationship as master and student, would such a thing even be possible? Or, for that matter, appropriate?!
Looking down at the girl lying in your arms, her head lolling to the side as a slight trace of drool begins to form at the corner of her mouth, you feel a stirring inside your chest. Feelings begin to arise that no master should ever feel for his pupil, and yet...

But wait!
Did you not already swear yourself to another?
Kinda? Sorta? But not really in any explicit or binding way?

Yes! There was Koishi to worry about!

What would she say if she knew what you were thinking at that very moment?
How deeply would her heart be wounded if she knew you were even entertaining thoughts of straying?! That your heart did not belong to her, and her alone?!

You look up at her, tucked under Yuugi's mighty arm.

Much to your surprise, she looks back!

You gaze at her.

She gazes at you.

Her lips part, as if to speak, and you strain to hear the words as they cross the space between you and drift into your ear...

”Squeeze her goodies~!”


...somehow, you get the feeling that she is not terribly bothered by the idea.
As she begins to slowly creep one of her arms up towards Yuugi's chest, you decide it is probably best to not worry about such things, at least for now.

It's not like you would have any real choice in the matter if some female ever did decide they wanted an 'exclusive' relationship with you, anyway. Not when the average female is more than capable of tearing you to shreds faster than you can say 'friend-zone'.

In way, you suppose it's no wonder why it's so rare to see male youkai.
It's not that there aren't any, they're just hiding.

“Human, is something wrong?” Medicine asks, tugging on the gently on your elbow.

“Huh? Oh, no, no, nothing's wrong, Medi.” you assure her, as your thoughts come crashing back to the matter at hand. “I was just wondering, are they going to be out like this for long?”

“Umm, I dunno. I don't think so, though. Su-san was just making them stop moving 'till we got to them, and we did, so the poison knows it can stop now. I think.”

“Unless this area is better-ventilated than it seems to be, I would assume that whatever the doll used was administered directly, rather than released in the air.” Rikako says, sniffing the air occasionally. “If they inhaled it, then simply getting them back to the surface and breathing fresh air should help, but in the case of skin-contact...well, first we need to get back to the surface, in any case.”

“Well, let's get movin', then!” Yuugi says, either unaware or just plain ignoring the hand that was currently fondling her rather generous bust.

With a nod from yourself, and a muffled sound of agreement from the still-chewing Yamame, your group once again begins to make their way back to the entrance of the cave...




------------------------------------------


>>155373
Personally, I like to think that "choose X girl" choices have been so ingrained in the minds of some of us, here, that they are compelled to vote any time they see such a vote occurring. It might not even be a story they're reading, and they'll still vote, because they feel the have to.

To test this theory, I would propose someone attempt to write a CYOA where every single option in every single update is nothing but the names of various Touhous, regardless of whether or not they appear in the story or have anything to do with what happens as a result of the vote.


>>You are on fire! What do you do?

>[ ] Reimu
>[ ] Meiling
>[ ] Futo
>[ ] Chen

I can practically guarantee that you would get people voting just on the off-chance that it might, somehow, result in their favored character becoming their waifu in the story at some point. Or, at least, get a sex scene with them. Even if that character has never appeared in that story up to that point. They'll still do it.
Because they must.
>> No. 155376
>>155375
[x]Futo

Wait what?
>> No. 155379
>>155375
Isn't it ill advised to insult your own readers?

Also what was in the web? I'm not sure what happened but I don't think we found out.
>> No. 155380
>>155379

Given the nature of this story, it pays to laugh at one's self
>> No. 155381
>>155379
How is that in anyway insulting?

There is no need to be that sensitive.
>> No. 155382
File 13341375161.jpg - (337.66KB , 578x818 , seriously.jpg ) [iqdb]
155382
>>155379
>>Isn't it ill advised to insult your own readers?

I would say that's about as ill-advised as taking anything I say in jest seriously, especially as far as this story is concerned.

I mean, come on. On average, this story usually gets about, what, ten votes per update, give or take? Then we get to a choice over who you get to carry out of a cave, or how you're going to smooch someone, and that number suddenly shoots up to around twenty or thirty votes.

It happened when you voted on how to smooch Tenshi, it happened to a lesser degree when voting how to smooch Medicine (and some voters didn't even know exactly what they were voting for), and it's happening again now. You cannot tell me there isn't a trend, here, and if you honestly expect me to not poke fun at it a little, then you don't know me very well.
>> No. 155383
[x] Meiling
>> No. 155385
Sorry, what? I wasn't paying attention

[x] Meiling
>> No. 155387
>>155375

That's absurd. I vote on most of the choices in this story, regardless of whether or not waifus are invol
[x] Futo

...Goddammit.
>> No. 155388
What about this choice?

>[ ] Five Magic Stones
>[ ] YuugenMagan
>[ ] Evil Eye Sigma
>> No. 155389
We're gonna need a plan soon, or else bad things might happen. I propose the following:

[x] Utsuho

We can't fail with this.
>> No. 155390
[x] Futo
>> No. 155391
>>155388
[x] Skeleton Mima
Come on, man. Too obvious.

>>155323
>I take it you forgot the interlude a while ago with Alice's journal?
Yep. What thread was that in, again?
>> No. 155441
>>155391
But who would Skeleton Mima do battle with? "So-Totally-Not-A-Princess" Mob-boss Kotohime? Snake Genjii? The Tiny Wish-Granting Fairy Who Was Once A Ying-Yang Orb But Only Got A Pretentiously Long Title Instead Of What She Herself Really Wished For?
>> No. 155445
File 133420295043.png - (8.77KB , 252x96 , Th01Shingyoku.png ) [iqdb]
155445
[X] Shingyoku!

The very first Touhou boss, who was male as often as it was female. (Although about three fifths of the time, it was a giant yin-yang orb.)

However, this only corroborates ZUN's official statements that he can't draw male characters...Picture related.
>> No. 155447
>>155382
Yeah and look at all these "votes". It's not often someone actuallys speaks out about such trends (which aren't /th/ exclusive, just look at any story that promises Reisen, sakuya or Patchy)
>> No. 155451
[X] Shingyoku!

Because I never saw him/her/it in a story. Except that one on /shorts/.
>> No. 155452
>>155447

Wait, you're taking all these votes seriously?
>> No. 155462
[x] Meiling
you know it should be her.
>> No. 155464
File 133426276924.jpg - (112.77KB , 850x713 , One Solution.jpg ) [iqdb]
155464
Gentlemen. It is obvious we face a dilemma. One which has held man in its grip for centuries, with no easy solution in sight. Fear not though, for there is an answer to the choices we must make. BEHOLD!
>> No. 155485
>>155464

I can't tell if they are supposed to be goth or zombies.
>> No. 155486
>>155485
Considering it's a Mazeran artwork, I think it's an organic Voltron.
>> No. 155489
>>155486
It's Great Father Player Character, you fool. It's from Persona.
>> No. 155493
That artist (Mazeran) has a massive amount of well-thought-out Touhou Persona characters.
>> No. 155494
File 133429488040.jpg - (19.26KB , 280x210 , Drweird280.jpg ) [iqdb]
155494
>>155464
What Has Science Doonnneeee!!!
>> No. 155495
>>155494

It brought the Crawling Chaos to Gensokyo.

Also, Nyarlathotep is a dick, so don't make any plans around him.
>> No. 155496
File 133430137591.jpg - (4.39KB , 64x125 , Goomi_Nyarly.jpg ) [iqdb]
155496
>>155495
>Nyarlatothep is a dick
Why do you say mean things like that?
>> No. 155497
>>155464
They are the "bad" main characters. A violent Reimu, a jealous Sanae, a murderous Sakuya, a hostile Youmu, and a kleptomanic Marisa.


But damn they look great.
>> No. 155498
They're the darker side of all the characters, a la the Persona series.
>> No. 155501
>>155497
>hostile Youmu
Even as a villian; TOO SOFT
>> No. 155508
Let's get this back on track.

[x] Squeeze her goodies.
>> No. 155511
>>155508
But what if the goodies squeeze back?
>> No. 155515
[x] No squeezing... for now
-[x] Ask your group for input about your 'possesed' status.

Yeah, I know there wasn't a write-in option, just throwing this here for consideration.
>> No. 155517
File 133435950380.jpg - (186.93KB , 1024x1024 , HAPPY END.jpg ) [iqdb]
155517
>>155511
Would that really be so bad?


>>155515
Consider it considered.


Anyway, writing will resume once I take care of some important paperwork, and I should have some sort of update ready later tonight.
>> No. 155528
>>155511
>>Would that really be so bad?

If it causes injury/death, or worse, somehow damages or destroys your hat, then yes, it is!
>> No. 155529
File 133437389553.jpg - (45.45KB , 720x480 , I dare them to touch my hat.jpg ) [iqdb]
155529
>>155528