[Return]
Archived thread

File 13299561674.jpg - (258.32KB , 800x1132 , Buttons.jpg ) [iqdb]
153727 No. 153727
Well, the tone has already been set for relaxation, Tabuki decides. She might as well spare a moment to relax, and talk with Emerald, about things less important than the immediate matters of troop deployment, scouting reports, and general injuries.

She finds the fairy staring perplexedly at a scrap of paper with a number of slightly sickly-smelling smears and hand-prints of blood.

"What is that?" Tabuki asks, immediately.

"... I don't know. One of your zombie just... walked up and sort of shoved it in my face? Then groaned and left." Emerald said, confusion obvious. "... I think it's like that thing. The girls tell one that can write what they want, and they bring it to me to tell you about? Only I can't make heads or tails of this."

Tabuki shrugs, after a moment.

"Do you think it's her own blood?" She asks after a moment.

"Probably. ... I guess she wants to fight more, and harder? Or something." Emerald says, consideringly.

"She can probably handle more with less assistance now. I'll think about it. I wanted to ask you, though... about fairies changing?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah." Emerald says, setting the stained bit of paper aside. "Well, we're really adaptable. Can fit a lot of molds. Not, like... to the point of turning into pigs or balls of tentacles and thorns or anything, but we can change our skillsets and how good we are at things pretty easily, given time and need. It doesn't happen overnight, though... well, you know that. Can take a few weeks, depending on things."

"Yes. I've been waiting on..."

"Whichever one, it'll happen when it happens. No real rushing it without someone who already knows how to do what you want them to do speeding things along." Emerald says, lackadaisically. "For what it's worth... it looks like Marshmallow's probably closest to having something click. Well, maybe. Can't really tell, with these things."

"Of course." Tabuki responded dryly. "Also... I overheard something the other day, about a fairy... marketplace?"

Emerald hums softly, blowing air out slowly.

"Huuuh. You heard about that place, huh? I guess you could get in, given thing. Just..." She looks hesitant and worried for a moment. "It's not really what you'd call a safe place, you know? If you end up there, you'll want to be ultra careful, or you might end up agreeing to swap your eye for a rock someone picked up off the ground somewhere. I saw that happen, once. Or at the end of the day, you could end up on someone's plate, dripping with gravy. Bad things happen there, if you let them." She warns. "It isn't just fairies there, and you can't assume that someone means well just because they seem nice, or anything..."

"You could lead me there, though." Tabuki points out.

"Well... yeah, but... geeze." Emerald groans. "You have to take someone along to make sure you don't... sell yourself to a sleazy brothel or lose your memory of how to get back here, or anything."

"I think you're under-estimating my common sense a little." Tabuki says, dubiously.

"I think you haven't met any of the hustlers that hang out in that place." Emerald says, dourly. "Can we talk about something else, please?"

"Very well. Maybe the reports?"

"There's only so much you can do, sometimes." Emerald says. "I mean, I think you figured that out for yourself, poking through that zombies head, but you can't really get exact numbers all the time, sometimes. And there's no real way of telling if someone can do something special without... actually seeing them do whatever it is, you know? I guess if we could see in the dark, or something, some of that might change."

"... All right. How about these maps?"

"Eh... what about them?" Emerald asks, warily.

"Well, they're a little... abbreviated. I know there are side passages that don't show up here at all..."

"Those don't go anywhere, or just loop back around, and there's nothing important down them. It would be a waste of time to bother." Emerald replies.

"And I'm pretty sure that they aren't at all to scale." Tabuki continues. "Further, these bits here..."

"It's not easy trying to draw these things. I'm pretty sure those tunnels there go over and under each other, and... yeah, I guess I'm just guessing at distance for a lot of this, but it's worked out fine so far, right? It has everything that's needed, there." Emerald points out.

"I... suppose so. But it's a bit jarring looking at these tunnels rendered so simply, when I know full well that they're much more complex..." Tabuki says. "... In any case, these, um, doodles, here and there. Are they..."

"Oh, yeah, those are pretty important. I put that squid on to let you know about that really big one sleeping in the area...."

"Maybe you had better just tell me exactly what they all mean." Tabuki interrupts.

".... Alright, okay. If you say so, I guess." Emerald says, clearly not grasping how the labels aren't perfectly intuitive. "Well, there's that squid to start, though it's not important now. Um, I drew this garnet here, because there's a vein of garnets poking out of the walls through that area..."

"Is that a garnet?" Tabuki asks, frowning.

"... Well yeah, obviously. What else would it be?" Emerald asks.

"I'm not sure, but... well, I've been under the impression that that was where we met with Sunny Milk's negotiator."

"What? No, why would I even bother to mark that, that isn't important at all. And it was over in that one, besides."

"Well, it could have been just a note to reaffirm that those were territories she held."

"I scribbled red in them already for that." Emerald says. "And I didn't do that for anyone else, anyway. Alright, so there's a really big underground lake swarming with oozes and these weird fishy things that you can get to through there, which is why I marked it..."

"You didn't just draw the whole pool?"

"No, I told you, it's a lake, it's big. It's going to take up a whole map of its own, and there's these little islands of rock through it... look, it's not important until we get there, right?" Emerald says, exasperated. "Anyway, these next ones... you know these two already, they head for the Kappa's place and the prison they're keeping that Mima lady in."

"Yes, go on..." Tabuki says.

"These other two... well, this one is because theres this skeleton in armor chained up to a pillar, a little ways on." Emerald explains. "... Aside from there just being more dead things that way. The other one is part because there's more 'fire'-ey things that way, and part... uh."

She pauses and frowns.

"I'm not sure if it's a fairy or some sort of stronger elemental thingy like we've seen a couple of times in there, but I get that it's got more than a couple wings, and... either is fire, or makes a lot of it. People I asked couldn't agree on it."

She shakes her head.

"There's also this I threw in, since I'm realizing that this tunnel looks like... I'm not sure. it's new. Opened up in an earthquake or something. It's heading upward, anyway. Oh, right, and this one. There's some of that metal in the walls and floor there, waiting to be dug out. If you needed me to explain that, too." She says.

"No, I think I had gathered that one on my own." Tabuki says, wryly. "I'm sorry if this irritated you, it's just that I'd left asking these things for too long already, and should really have asked before."

"Yeah, it's fine..." Emerald says. Then she shifts and pins Tabuki in place, almost purring as she leans into her. "Besides." She says into an ear, softly. "I think I know... a way or two you can make me feel better about it~"

---

Morning came early.

Scouting Reports

Labs-2
Kappa Wrench-monkey x2. Kappa Practical Engineer [Equip: Steam-driven flintlock replica?], Flechette turret x3, MMx3, DMx3, Mini Robo-Spider x12

Labs-3
Kappa Wrench-monkey x4. Mini-Cannon Turret x2, Flechette turret x2, Toxin Dispensor Turret. MMx4, DMx4, Mini Robo-Spider x12

TV-4
Spider x4, Lattice Bones x1, MMx4, DMx4

TVI-3
CSx1, Cave Spider x6, ZFx2, MMx2, DMx2

Received 2 spiked pot-metal gauntlets, 1 pot-metal helm from Smith.
Recieved 3 BM uniforms from Lopez.
Recieved 25 silver pieces, [Tokkiki Bloodstone] will be unavailable for combat actions for 3 days.
[Rainy Icedagger] accidentally ended up serving as a training dummy, displeasing [Meira], but doubling the day's training efforts for [Indigo Hamza] and [Deirdre Waterpitcher]. She is recuperating from the effort and cannot be used for combat actions today.

Current Silvers: 82


Injury breakdown:
Tabuki- 100/100hp, 6724/8100mp
Meira- 50/120hp
Ash- 83/90hp
BARRIER- 97/115hp
Lamia- 45/45hp

[Marshmallow Buttons] became a [Miko] [Perks: Support, No Diety]
[Kohaku] became a [Housemaid]

Yojimbo Training: 3/4 days complete.

---

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
-- [ ]Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 120, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [ ] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Pick a fight.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Sakura
-- [ ] Healing: Current price = 2s per 1hp healed.
-- [ ] Utsuho [Influence/Perception]
-- [ ] Miko Training [Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in.
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Fairie Bazaar trip. [Emerald + up to one other escort]
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship [Influence, Rank]
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus. In Process.

-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels II area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.

>> No. 153730
Flechette turrets, oh great. I think we all know how shotguns and groups of melee fighters work out, if they do work that way.
>> No. 153734
>>153729
No more PM shit, please, especially considering we're now hitting things that can outright destroy PM equipment. So let's save the PM equipment for the fairies on Guard Duty.

>Everybody, except the maids, remove their armor/uniform and use only their weapons to fight the oni.

Also, this would result in a LOT of nude fairies fighting. While this is amusing as hell, and something Emerald would appreciate, I don't think this is what you were aiming for. But yes, I do agree we should take care us this NOW, before the Oni get even MORE stronger, and for those curious, we've done the math, and this IS a battle we can win.

HOWEVER, Tabuki has NOTHING worth 1000 silvers, and we have NO CLUE how much magical services would cost in the Underground. If we're going to go with this course of action, we NEED to get the most out of it, which means we NEED in turn to also have something to bet as collateral. Tabuki has NOTHING to truly bet as collateral besides the labor of herself, her fairies, and possibly her magic, and even then I see issues arising.

Also, we now know where that skeleton is (past LIV in the hells). That's interesting. In addition, we found a neat gamehax with our new Miko, and we would be remiss if we did not use and abuse it as much as possible.

[X] Give the "Flashing" PM Sword to Marshmallow Buttons.
[X] Equip the Barmaid uniforms on the rest of the Working "Barmaid" Fairies. Equip the PM Hemlet on Vanda, and the Spiked PM Gauntlets on Indead and Narutaru.
[X] Have a fairy order the last two Housemaid uniforms for us from Lopez.
[X] Have the damaged Miko Outfit brought in for repair as well.

(The rest can be filled in once we have a gameplan here)
>> No. 153736
>>153735
Took me a few minutes to find the post that listed weapon/armor efficiency. Posts >>149814 and >>149833 . If you want to talk about "efficiency", we need to discuss your suggestion first. You want to spend 20 silvers to buy two weapons and have them dual weilded to get a damage bonus of +4. A single 2H PM Axe would give us the same damage output for only 14 silvers.
>> No. 153750
>>153736
Eh, filling requests is worth a few more silvers or less damage if you ask me. Otherwise you just have every fairy equipped with the same armor+weapons, and that's no fun.
>> No. 153753
File 132999782785.png - (162.23KB , 1887x830 , OOB13_Proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
153753
>153729
This should be possible, though things will get a bit hairy if we lose initiative and/or botch our strategy roll. You should amend your vote with some votes describing the tactics you want the fairies to use. For example “Focus down the oni one by one” and add a strategy roll. You should also come up with something for the non-fairies to do.

Strategically you’re delaying the cleansing of the labs, access to the surface and by extension the completion of Nitoris and Mimas quest by one turn. Possible consequences of this will in the short term be a influence hit to Nitori due to the delay. Possible gains will be around 70-80 silvers if the battle ends favorably, perhaps more if we have something of value Yuugi would be interested in.

>>153734
As far as I know the PM Rod was destroyed due to the fairy using it was one-shoted, and even then it seems to be a random chance since Janice did not lose her PM Gauntlets.

>>153750
At this point in time we have “wasted/invested” 32 silvers into filling their requests. The new shoping list would increase that number to 42 silvers. If we had always bought the most efficient weapons we could have had 5 more PM Rods. The numbers add up quickly.
>> No. 153754
>>153753
>Possible gains will be around 70-80 silvers if the battle ends favorably

Err… scratch that, I did not see the shopping list. 82-20-10-8 = 44. At the most the monetary bet would be 44 silver.
>> No. 153755
>>153734
>Also, this would result in a LOT of nude fairies fighting

By your logic that means most of the army fights naked, ever since the beggining.

We may have not have enough money to bet, but we have the chance of negotiating. Ask Yuugi what she could possibly want, and ask for a prize on the same level.

>>153753

Eh, it's just a hastily made vote, before Kahi updated the spreadsheet with the new enemies stats. I will change vote once I have a viable battle plan in 10 hours from now

I think it's impossible for the 4 oni to have the first strike. Not only they have no [Leader], they also aren't ranged. And if

>Strategically you’re delaying the cleansing of the labs, access to the surface and by extension the completion of Nitoris and Mimas quest by one turn. Possible consequences of this will in the short term be a influence hit to Nitori due to the delay

Honestly, Mima's quest isn't that high on priority. How many threads it's been since the meeting? And we will have to talk to Nitori again, as her workers are the real problem now, and not the fairies.
>> No. 153756
>>153755
>I think it's impossible for the 4 oni to have the first strike. Not only they have no [Leader], they also aren't ranged.

They know we are coming, I think this would give them a chance to win initiative. At least that is a possibility you can’t eliminate and therefore I have mentioned it. And “first strike chance” is a bit misleading, I should have used chance of winning initiative. While the Onis are melee and attack after our ranged units it is possible that they could attack before our melee units do and thereby weaken our dps.

>Honestly, Mima's quest isn't that high on priority. How many threads it's been since the meeting?

Whether you think Mima’s quest is a priority or not is irrelevant, the fact that it gets delayed still stands.

>And we will have to talk to Nitori again, as her workers are the real problem now, and not the fairies.

Nitori made it clear when we accepted this quest that her workers would stand in our way. I am curious of what we would need to talk to her about.
>> No. 153759
>>153758
If you want to get rid of the MMs there’s a cheap easy method already available to you: -- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.

The daggers are most likely intended for Rainy as she wanted a pair. It’s a horrible weapon though.
>> No. 153762
>>153756
>that is a possibility you can’t eliminate

Word of God - Leaderless enemies don't get initiative.

>>153753
What, the 5 PM rods we make enough to buy every two days?

Also, we're allowed to bet other things as well, such as the fire robe that we haven't used once.
>> No. 153763
Actions:
[x] Visit Lopez with a drawing of the berserk gear and the damaged miko cosplay. Ask him if he can repair the miko cosplay and if he can reproduce the Berserk Gear, not necessarily identical, but something with the same "spirit" as it.
-[x] Also see if he can make a 'thief' outfit.
Maintenance:
[x] Unstation Telma, Gakuen, and Sue.
[x] Give the "Flashing" PM Sword to Marshmallow Buttons.
[X] Order the last two Housemaid uniforms from Lopez when you visit him.
[x] Equip the BM uniforms on the rest of the Working Fairies. Equip PM Helmet on Vanda. Gauntlets on Indead and Narutaru.
-[x] Order two PM Axes (1H) for Henna, a replacement for the lost PM Rod, and a set of PM daggers.
Warplans:
-[x] Ask for volunteers among the fairies with no equipment to protect those with from being splatted. Those volunteers who save a comrade will get some manner of reward when they respawn.

ThaT last bit is a suggested strategy subvote, I'll add on warplans when somebody comes up with one.
>> No. 153769
>>153762
The last time we fought the Onis we rolled for initiative. >>142125

>>153762
>What, the 5 PM rods we make enough to buy every two days?

Correct, we are two rounds behind where we could have been. The difference will only increase as we continue to buy expensive stuff.
>> No. 153770
>>153750
That's a poor excuse. However, saying that you can bind different elements/spirits into the separate weapons IS a valid reason to go with it.
>> No. 153777
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [x] Everything you've learned and discussed with Sakura. It's fine if you don't get to vocalize it, this time.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
[x] Read a book, afterwards. The Mathematical Finance one.

[x] Today's war plans.
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Equip the BM uniforms on the rest of the Working Fairies. Equip PM Hemlet on Vanda. Gauntlets on Indead and Narutaru. Robe of Nullification (Fire) on Vanda, for the upcoming battle, only.
-[x] Order a PM Spiked Gauntlet for Telma.
-[x] Unstation Telma, Sue and Gakuen.
[x] Battles:
[x] Invade TV-4: Zombies, Ash, FFs. Focus the Lattice Bones first. Then zombies face the spiders, one at a time, while the FFs take out the fairies.
[x] Invade TVI-3: Lamia, BARRIER. Akira, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Widget, Alexandria, Denny, Pebbles, Telma Kimimela, Marshmallow (Flashing Sword), Ella, Ruby Waters, Beatrice, Dena, Mieszko, Gakuen, Ain, Soph. Focus the spiders, then zombies. Marshmallow should just support/heal from a safe distance, or as far as she can heal from. BARRIER protects Lamia and Marshmallow.
[x] Invade LIV: Brawlers, Emerald, Bellflower, Dominique, Vanda, Henna, Narutaru, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko Creo, Fabrizia, Elizabeth, Iona Silk, Mallea Gimcrack. Vanda's only function is to shield anyone from the Fire Wisps, and nothing else. Ranged units focus on the Hellhounds, with melee helping if necessary. After the hounds are defeated, everybody focus on the strongest zombies first, then finish the mook fairies and wisps off.

Here are my current plans. I don't really expect it to be seconded, since as you can notice, there is no mention of the labs here. At the moment, I'd rather expand again and make way to the surface and the skeleton knight. It's not really hard to make a plan for the labs, though, as it seems only by sending the whole army we will obtain a desireable resut without many deaths/equipment loss. Send everyone, target kappa first, then spiders. I might be overreacting, though.

Not really buying anything, except for the lost Rod and a weapon for our newest Battle-Scarred fairy. I'm thinking on saving money from now on to bet with Yuugi. Still fine with paying for the books, since it usually is n investment into Tabby herself.

Also, someone check them, if interessted. I might have made some mistakes, as usual...
>> No. 153784
>>153777
Eh, your vote seems to be ignoring the fact that we have access to a shop to make/repair outfits, the remaining two housemaid outfits get us more cash, and that Marshmallow's change to "Miko" can let her take advantage of the "Flashing Sword's" special abilities to major effect.
>> No. 153786
>>153784
>ignoring the fact that we have access to a shop to make/repair outfits, the remaining two housemaid outfits get us more cash

Not exactly. Each uniform costs 15 silver, so 30 for both. It would take us 10 turns to recover that amount, I'm hoping to face the oni again in less than that.

>Marshmallow's change to "Miko" can let her take advantage of the "Flashing Sword's" special abilities to major effect.

This, however, is honest forgetfulness. Since I had to delete the original post, I forgot to rewrite Marshmallow+Flashing Sword.

[x] Equip Flashing Sword on Marshamallow Buttons.

Kahi, please add this to >>153777
>> No. 153790
>>153786
No, it'd take us two ... wait, you meant by the increase in salary, didn't you?
In that case, wouldn't it take 15 days to recoup that amount? Unless there's a one-silver bonus for having all five fairies in uniform I've forgotten.

Either way, we'll get 200 silver to ante when we clear up the lab, in addition to the silver we build up until that point, so I suggest we wait until then.
>> No. 153799
>>153790
We get one silver per working fairy, which can earn us up to 10 silvers per day. We can get an extra silver per fairy in uniform, which can bring the total up to 20 silvers per day. The uniforms in help the fairies switch classes faster, and we get an extra silver per fairy rank on top of that. So ten fairies, all with uniforms, and all with a minimum of ONE "rank" gets us 30 silvers per day. Each increase in rank (ranks being the conscript, average, vetern, etc.) in turn adds an extra silver on top of that. So 10 fairies, all with uniforms, and all at one rank earns us 30 silvers per day, and four of our working fairies, such as Beryl, are already into their second ranks here. THAT is why the uniforms are important as can be. Because we get 30 silvers per day. AT THE MINIMUM. And it only goes UP from there.
>> No. 153809
[X] Give the "Flashing" PM Sword to Marshmallow Buttons.
[X] Equip the Barmaid uniforms on the rest of the Working Fairies. Equip the PM Hemlet on Vanda, and the Spiked PM Gauntlets on Indead and Narutaru.
[X] Have a fairy order the last two Housemaid uniforms for us from Lopez.

[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [x] Everything you've learned and discussed with Sakura. It's fine if you don't get to vocalize it, this time.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
[x] Read a book, afterwards. The Mathematical Finance one.

[x]>>153777 battle plans, except for buying new weapons.
-[x] Roll strategy for LIV invasion.

Too lazy to plan something for the labs, and this seems good enough. Except for the buying more weapons, though, I don't know if we have enough for everything, and Ithe uniforms and books are priorities to me. Hopefully, the Finance book will help handling money in a more profitable way.
>> No. 153810
File 133008280764.png - (279.39KB , 2460x863 , OOB13_Proposed_plan_of_attack_2.png ) [iqdb]
153810
>>153777
Strategy
Possible Gains: Three mooks, one territory closer to the surface and the completion of Mimas quest, one territory closer to the “skeleton”.

Possible Loss: A hit to our influence with Nitori due to delay in the cleansing of the labs.

Tactics
>TV-4: Focus the Lattice Bones first. Then zombies face the spiders, one at a time, while the FFs take out the fairies.
Seems efficient enough, I wonder though why you split the Zombies and the FFs after the Lattice goes down?

>TVI-3: Focus the spiders, then zombies. Marshmallow should just support/heal from a safe distance, or as far as she can heal from. BARRIER protects Lamia and Marshmallow.
Marshmallow doesn’t really need to be in this battle. I think it would be better if we used her to heal Meira as she will be operational next turn, assuming of course that she can be healed while/before/after the Yojimbo training. As an aside, can Marshmallow heal BARRIER?

>LIV: Vanda's only function is to shield anyone from the Fire Wisps, and nothing else.
This is far too optimistic for my taste. I could see her being able to protect a single unit, or a small group of units operating really close to one another, but I can’t see her being able to zip around the battlefield and intercept fireballs fired at random from six wisps. This area will also need a strategy roll.

As for the balance of forces you forgot to give a job to Chris, Morte and Sue and we are far stronger in TV-4 and TVI-3 than in LIV. You should consider moving some more fairies into LIV. Oh, and for the OOB I placed the idle units into LIV.
>> No. 153815
[x] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [x] Satori.
-- [x] Everything you've learned and discussed with Sakura. It's fine if you don't get to vocalize it, this time.
-- [x] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
[x] Read a book, afterwards. The Mathematical Finance one.

I'm ok with this. Need to speak to Satori about Sakura, might as well read something, since she's usually at the library. Also, Koishi, where is she?

[x] Everyone invades Labs-2, except Ash, Lamia, BARRIER, Ain, and Soph.
-[x] Focus on one kappa at a time, Practical engineer first, then the Wrench-monkeys. Then destroy the spiders. Do not attack the mini turrets. Roll strategy.

But I prefer to finish the labs. Not sending non-fairies, as they won't respawn if they die, they're too precious for that. Unfortunatly, I don't know where else to send them. If anyone finds something good to do with them, I'm automatically seconding it.
>> No. 153819
File 133010022250.png - (164.09KB , 1288x1087 , OOB13_Proposed_plan_of_attack_3.png ) [iqdb]
153819
>>153815
Strategy

Possible Gains: One Mook, one territory closer to the surface and the completion of Mimas quest, one territory closer to conquering “kappa labs” and completing Nitoris Quest.
Possible Loss: Can’t think of any at the moment.

Tactics

> Do not attack the mini turrets.
The flechette turrets can in total fire 5x6x3 = 90 spikes for a total damage of 90d8+2 (270-900). If they are automated then they have to be destroyed as we do not have enough HP to tank them out of ammo.

>If anyone finds something good to do with them, I'm automatically seconding it.
You can send them temporarily to guard duty and release four more fairies to use in the assault.

You haven’t used our current banked equipment and you need to release Telma, Sue and Gakuen from garrison duty.
>> No. 153822
It should be noted that Nitori can shut down one turret per turn, provided you've dealt with it's operator. She can only be in one place at a time, but that's not an issue so long as you don't attack more than one area at a time. She also said she'd rather you not break any equipment, and an exploding turret might hurt one of the downed Kappas; maiming/killing one of the engineers would piss her off.

And why are people asking after Koishi? You might have the influence, but those other checks aren't just for show.
>> No. 153826
>why are people asking after Koishi? You might have the influence, but those other checks aren't just for show.
This.

Also, you guys do know we're slowly killing off all the spiders before we can get some use out of them, right?

[x] Read Giant Spiders.
[x] Visit Lopez with a drawing of the berserk gear and the damaged miko cosplay. Ask him if he can repair the miko cosplay and if he can reproduce the Berserk Gear, not necessarily identical, but something with the same "spirit" as it.
-[x] Also see if he can make a 'thief' outfit.

[x] Maintence:
-[x] Equip the BM uniforms on the rest of the Working Fairies. Equip PM Hemlet on Vanda. Gauntlets on Indead and Narutaru. Robe of Nullification (Fire) on Vanda, for the upcoming battle, only.
-[x] Order two PM Axes (1H) for Henna.
-[x] Unstation Telma, Sue and Gakuen.

[x] Whatever battle plans get decided on, with the addition of the following in each battle:
-[x] Cast blunt on all weapons. All cave spiders should be finished off with nonlethal attacks and captured at the end of the battle.

Blunt does not reduce damage at all, so this will not hurt us at all.
>> No. 153828
>>153822
>>153826
>why are people asking after Koishi? You might have the influence, but those other checks aren't just for show.

Because people like Koishi and want to see her show up at least once? Because of everything that might come with her, wether good or bad? Because you only need to succeed at one the rolls, for Satori to open up?

Actually, you tell me why not ask about Koishi? Satori Influence, which we might either win or lose? Or what? I honestly can't think of anything else besides that,

>>153758 here, I'm changing my vote now.

[x] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [x] Satori.
-- [x] Everything you've learned and discussed with Sakura. It's fine if you don't get to vocalize it, this time.
-- [x] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
[x] Read a book, afterwards. The Mathematical Finance one.

[x] Whichever battle plans wins. I'm fine with either, now.

>>153826
>[x] Read Giant Spiders.

Now it's my turn to ask why would someone vote for this book. In case you guys have forgotten, Tabby is the size of a common fairy, very small. TO her, almost anything is a giant, including the cave spiders, which are probably normal sized. The book is about Giant Spiders, not Cave Spiders.

Besides that, the title may also be just as misleading as Sorcery of Storm. Have you guys not watched "How to Train your Dragon"? Both titles are too similar to be safe.
>> No. 153829
>>153828
>To her, almost anything is a giant, including the cave spiders, which are probably normal sized.
You are aware of the normal size of spiders, right? I'm not sure you are. Tabby is roughly the size of a beer bottle.
>Because you only need to succeed at one the rolls, for Satori to open up?
Proof? Anyway, the two rolls are stats we have ONE in.

[x] Read Giant Spiders.
[x] Visit Lopez with a drawing of the berserk gear and the damaged miko cosplay. Ask him if he can repair the miko cosplay and if he can reproduce the Berserk Gear, not necessarily identical, but something with the same "spirit" as it.
-[x] Also see if he can make a 'thief' outfit.

[x] Maintence:
-[x] Equip the BM uniforms on the rest of the Working Fairies. Equip PM Hemlet on Vanda. Gauntlets on Indead and Narutaru. Robe of Nullification (Fire) on Vanda, for the upcoming battle, only.
-[x] Order two PM Axes (1H) for Henna.
-[x] Unstation Telma, Sue and Gakuen.

[x] Whatever battle plans get decided on, with the addition of the following in each battle:
-[x] Cast blunt on all weapons. All cave spiders should be finished off with nonlethal attacks and captured at the end of the battle.
>> No. 153832
[x] Read Giant Spiders.
[x] Visit Lopez with a drawing of the berserk gear and the damaged miko cosplay. Ask him if he can repair the miko cosplay and if he can reproduce the Berserk Gear, not necessarily identical, but something with the same "spirit" as it.
-[x] Also see if he can make a 'thief' outfit.

[x] Equipage, Orderage, and unstationing.

[x] Whatever battle plans get decided on, with the addition of the following in each battle where it is applicable:
-[x] Cast blunt on all weapons. All cave spiders should be finished off with nonlethal attacks and captured at the end of the battle.

I'm voting for this because it's not for a roll that we'll fail. Just so you guys know, if asking Satori wins and we fail, I'm going to make fun of all of you. So hard.
>> No. 153835
[x] Read Giant Spiders.
[x] Visit Lopez with a drawing of the berserk gear and the damaged miko cosplay. Ask him if he can repair the miko cosplay and if he can reproduce the Berserk Gear, not necessarily identical, but something with the same "spirit" as it.
-[x] Also see if he can make a 'thief' outfit.

[x] Maintenance:
-[x] Equip the BM uniforms on the rest of the Working Fairies. Equip PM Hemlet on Vanda. Add Gauntlets on Indead and Narutaru. Robe of Nullification (Fire) on Vanda, for the upcoming battle, only.
-[x] Order two PM Axes (1H) for Henna, and the remaining HM uniforms.
-[x] Unstation Telma, Sue and Gakuen.

[x] Whatever battle plans get decided on, with the addition of the following in each battle where it is applicable:
-[x] Cast blunt on all weapons. All cave spiders should be finished off with nonlethal attacks and captured at the end of the battle.
-[x] All unassigned personnel are to guard Vanda from attacks.

Hurf durf lets go for rolls in stats we have one in.
>> No. 153838
For what it matters, asking would probably just end with Satori acknowledging that she has a sister and that Tabby wouldn't see her around much, and Tabby wouldn't have the Cha to pull out more details or the Per to see the ones already there. In other words, not much.

Oh, and
>"Lopez?" Pedro asks, after a moment of thought. "Ah, si, I mentioned this before. Yes, these uniforms are just simple enough.... well. You would not hear me deliberately speaking ill of a friend's talent. But it should be no issue for him to craft more, given a day or two for the stitchery. Not so much more difficult than mending. I am afraid that he will not be open today, however. Personal matters, which he must attend to."

From the sounds of it, you shouldn't expect anything fancy out of Lopez.

Mending the Miko outfit is fine, and he might be able to make copies of that and the Berserker gear if he can get his hands on an example to work from(the actual outfit would work better than a drawing), but asking him to make something up with nothing more to go on other than "Thief" is a bit much(that's more Pierre's thing)
>> No. 153839
>>153829
>Proof? Anyway, the two rolls are stats we have ONE in.

Not him, but I'm the one who first voted to see Satori.

>[ ] Look through the rest of the books while you're at it. You might find something useful. [Int/Perception] (>>141135)
>[ ] Nuclear physics. [Int/Luck/Perception] (>>141592)
>>144492
>>144497

There are more, but these should do. You don't need to be successull in all rolls to succeed. In this case, Influence not only is our best bet, but it's also the usual way one would open up to someone else. You don't go spilling shit about your family unless the person eharing it is a friend or at least trustable enough.

If I were to guess, I'd say the PER roll is for noticing Satori's disconfort with Koishi's situation, and the CHA roll if to confort/cheer her up.
>> No. 153841
[x]Read Giant Spiders
[x]Visit Lopez with the damaged Miko Cosplay. If the fighting has ended by the time you're done with the book, bring Henna along; otherwise just bring a drawing of the Berserker Gear, provided you can make a good one. Ask him how much repairs would cost, and if he'd be able to make copies of either outfit and how much those would cost if he can.

Not bothering with the whole Thief Outfit thing until Tabby has something less horribly vague to go by.
>> No. 153843
How about this?
[x]Read Giant Spiders
[x]Visit Lopez with the damaged Miko Cosplay. If the fighting has ended by the time you're done with the book, bring Henna along; otherwise just bring a drawing of the Berserker Gear, provided you can make a good one. Ask him how much repairs would cost, and if he'd be able to make copies of either outfit and how much those would cost if he can.
-[x] See if he can make a hooded, nondescript cloak with plenty of pockets on the inside.

[x] Maintenance:
-[x] Equip the BM uniforms on the rest of the Working Fairies. Equip PM Hemlet on Vanda. Add Gauntlets on Indead and Narutaru. Robe of Nullification (Fire) on Vanda, for the upcoming battle, only.
-[x] Give the 'flashing' PM sword on Marshmallow.
-[x] Order two PM Axes (1H) for Henna, and the remaining HM uniforms.
-[x] Unstation Telma, Sue and Gakuen.

[x] Whatever battle plans get decided on, with the addition of the following in each battle where it is applicable:
-[x] Cast blunt on all weapons. All cave spiders should be finished off with nonlethal attacks and captured at the end of the battle.
-[x] All unassigned personnel are to guard Vanda from attacks.
>> No. 153844
[x]Read Giant Spiders
[x]Visit Lopez with the damaged Miko Cosplay. If the fighting has ended by the time you're done with the book, bring Henna along; otherwise just bring a drawing of the Berserker Gear, provided you can make a good one. Ask him how much repairs would cost, and if he'd be able to make copies of either outfit and how much those would cost if he can.

idea for thief costume
black shirts, pants, gloves, and boots with a red trench coat and a big red hat. what Carmen Sandiego wears
>> No. 153845
You could go just try to get Ninja garb. Dark, baggy full-body garb that doesn't make much noise when you move. Or it could be the impractical fanservice version, which consists of thigh-high boots, elbow length gloves, and a skimpy leotard with lots of cleavage, all in jet black(mask optional). We'll have to wait until one is actually seen before figuring out which to go with~
>> No. 153848
File 133013723322.png - (62.57KB , 499x390 , A choice between Pratical and Moe.png ) [iqdb]
153848
>>153845
>>We'll have to wait until one is actually seen before figuring out which to go with~

As if the choice wasn't already obvious.
>> No. 153850
Guys, remember the more complicated the outfit, the less likely it is Lopez can make it, and the more it would cost if he can.

>>153829 here, changing Actions vote:
[x]Read Giant Spiders
[x]Visit Lopez with the damaged Miko Cosplay. If the fighting has ended by the time you're done with the book, bring Henna along; otherwise just bring a drawing of the Berserker Gear, provided you can make a good one. Ask him how much repairs would cost, and if he'd be able to make copies of either outfit and how much those would cost if he can.
-[x] See if he can make a hooded, nondescript cloak with plenty of pockets on the inside.
>> No. 153851
Called, just to be sure more votes don't slip in whilst I do things.
>> No. 153853
File 133014451866.jpg - (11.09KB , 397x167 , CallingVotes.jpg ) [iqdb]
153853
>>153851
Hooray!
>> No. 153855
File 133014927244.png - (22.86KB , 428x543 , ByCromWhatHaveYouDone.png ) [iqdb]
153855
Orders are given and equipment is charmed. Tabuki feels, somehow, like this is a little bit of a waste of time, given that the fairies respawn and she should, in theory, be able to just tell them to take the spiders alive, if possible. But better safe than finding unexpected accidents.

Deady seemed somehow morose... well, more so, upon rubbing a hand firmly and deliberately up and down her blade. No matter. She didn't have a chance to blunt the weapons of the fairies in training, or Meira, either, though she wasn't sure it would be needed, since they wouldn't be going out to fight anyway, and it might get in the way, somehow. And of course, things that were already blunt didn't need to be made blunt.

She still feels like she's forgetting something, however.

But in any case, there are plans to be enacted. One phase is already in motion, and now it is time to see if the second will turn out well. Tabuki heads immedately to the library. Twenty already sent off, and five now turned over to Satori's waiting hand... that's the unexpected windfall spent in its entirety, now.

The reading begins warily, in anticipation of the book being a joke.

It is, in fact. However, it is a very well thought out and researched parody of an animal care guide, merely substituting horses or dogs with fantastically oversized arachnids. The tiniest of details seem to have been researched quite thoroughly, anticipating problems with and solutions to a number of small matters: seating, leg position, buckles to keep ones-self in place if the spider goes along a wall or ceiling... well, fairies can fly, so the riding would be mostly for show, but even so.

It also takes great care to expound on the feeding habits of spiders, and how to get them to eat what is brought: the most important part seems to be ensuring that whether it is thrown into a web, or deposited nearby and shooed towards the spider waiting to pounce, the prey be alive upon delivery, as the predatory instincts kick in most with living food.

It's really quite well done, Tabuki reflects as she finishes the reading. The only issue with it being that while it goes into great length to detail the 'care, feeding, and riding' aspects, as stated at the cover, it does not even hint in the most vague fashion about how to 'tame' or 'train' a giant spider to allow you to care for and ride it. And, more importantly, not attempt to devour you.

A regrettable oversight, as it means that while she's quite confident she can put these instructions to use, made in jest though they might be, it's putting the cart well before the horse.

By now, the battles might well be finished, and likely are, but the participants have not yet returned. Unfortunate, as it means that Tabuki now has no choice but to attempt to sketch out Henna's outfit.

.... Emerald can never, ever be allowed to know it exists, she decides. It gets concealed inside the mutilated Miko outfit as she sets out.

"Yes, I believe this can be mended." Lopez says, upon arrival. "It is in terrible shape, though. It will take a lot of work to make it servicable again. I cannot do this for less than twenty silvers, I am afraid."

"Moving along. Can you make something like this?" Tabuki asks.

".... I am not sure. This is... someone wearing a rug?" Lopez says, uncertainly.

"Something like that. A pelt of some creature made into a barbaric outfit of some sort."

Lopez hums softly, sucking air through his teeth.

"I am not certain. This would require a whole pelt, yes? I am not really a butcher, miss... all of my fabric and leathers comes prepared in advance. And I do not believe there is much in the way of choice for outfits. Furry things... you will be limited to hellhounds, I think, unless I do not recall some manner of cavern dweller. Perhaps a cave squid... but their skin is very tender, and requires special treatment to be made into leather. Trying to fashion an outfit from a whole pelt, at this scale is..."

"Can you do it or not?" Tabuki asks.

Lopez seems lost in thought for a few long moments. Then he shakes his head.

"I am sorry. I really am uncertain how I would go about it... and entirely aside, the butchery would leave my stomach turning for days. I am a tailor, miss. The most blood I should be encountering in my work should be if I prick my thumb." He says.

"I see." Tabuki says in reply, thinking. "How about a cloak of some kind, with lots of pockets inside of it?"

"Pockets... yeeesss." Lopez says, slowly. "I can do.... pockets. Lots of little... pockets, is what you want, inside of a cloak? I can certainly do that."

He seems worried, somehow, and shakes his head before continuing.

"It... may take a little longer. As it would take a great deal more sewing to put all the pockets on." He admits, not really meeting Tabuki's eyes.

She has sudden concerns about his capability as a tailor. Especially as he hasn't actually named a price for the effort, yet.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 153856
> Deady seemed somehow morose... well, more so, upon rubbing a hand firmly and deliberately up and down her blade.

I think Deady may need a mate. Or at least laid.
>> No. 153857
So yeah, don't expect much from Lopez.

Suggestions:

Order the repairs and the rest of the Maid uniforms, let him know you'll have to have the cash sent tomorrow. Forget the custom stuff.

Burn the picture once you're a safe distance out of the city, it must never again see the light of day.

Read the annotated flora/fauna guide. Make sure the spiders are dragged a decent distance from the Palace. If there are bits you can harvest, great, otherwise just take the blunting spell off and let Deady go to town.
>> No. 153859
[x] Pierre costs a hundred silvers. It can't hurt to find out the cost a hooded cloak would run you.
-[x] Keep in mind a set of leather robes costs 28 silvers.
-[x] If it's easier for him, the size and orderly placement of the pockets isn't that important, so long as there are plenty of them.
-[x] Also enquire about a cave spider muzzle.
[x] If the battles should be over by now, go check and see if any spiders were captured. Don't get mad if none were, though. Get any captured spiders' legs tied up if they aren't already and use your gravity ability to help take them back to Chireiden. Even if you end up unable to tame them, you can still harvest their venom and silk.

I'm not sure whether to read another book or talk to Satori about animal taming.
>> No. 153865
[x] Order the last two Housemaid uniforms, and a set of Spider-silk Stockings. Emerald should appreciate the stockings, whether it's her or you who will use it~
[x] That will do, for now. Go back to the palace.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
-[x] About Sakura, and everything you discussed with the miko. Mental prodding is fine this time, just to avoid messing up the 'vocalization'
-[x] About her mysterious sister.
[x] After that, read Flora and Faunda, if you have time, or go see if any spiders were brought in.

Lopez, you're so weak. Maybe we should save up money for Pierre.

Also, looking at sheet, it seems some items are finally bound to their fairy owners. I think. They have a (b) next to them, so I'm guessing it's that.
>> No. 153868
[x]Order two Housemaid uniforms and the repairs on the Miko Cosplay. You'll have the payment sent along tomorrow.
[x]Go back and read Flora and Fauna, an Annotated Guide.
-[x]Dispel Bluntness. If the book has anything on Giant Spiders, harvest away, though make sure only the zombies handle anything poisonous. If not, let Deady have her fun.
[x]Bind something to something else. Preferably using a spirit type you haven't tried yet.

Really, forget the custom stuff for now. A cloak with a lot of really tiny pockets that are too small to hold anything doesn't necessarily mean Thief, anyways.
>> No. 153871
>>153865

Some items are Blunted.

Which, mechanically, does almost nothing right now, but if you guys insist.
>> No. 153872
>>153868 here

Addendum: [x]If the book does have helpful info on creatures you've seen, it may be prudent to copy out any pertinent information or charts for reference. You may find it wise to skip ahead to do this to anything they have on spiders before reading the rest of the book, so that your fairies can get started before the spiders start coming to.
[x]Double check to make sure anything harvested is properly stored and waste properly disposed of, no doubt Satori would be displeased by a pile of spider guts stinking up the place.
[x]Talk to Yuugi if there's time, she might know of someone who'd be interested in what you've picked up... though she or they might want whole spiders for that, so you may wish to speak with her before ordering the butchery.
>> No. 153873
[x] That will do, for now. Go back to the palace.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
-[x] About Sakura, and everything you discussed with the miko. Mental prodding is fine this time, just to avoid messing up the 'vocalization'
-[x] About her mysterious sister.
[x] After that, read Flora and Faunda, if you have time, or go see if any spiders were brought in.
>> No. 153875
[x] Pierre costs a hundred silvers. It can't hurt to find out the cost a hooded cloak would run you.
-[x] Keep in mind a set of leather robes costs 28 silvers.
-[x] If it's easier for him, the size and orderly placement of the pockets isn't that important, so long as there are plenty of them and they are big enough to hold stuff.
[x] Order the last two Housemaid uniforms, and the repairs on the miko costume.
[x] If the battles should be over by now, go check and see if any spiders were captured. Don't get mad if none were, though. Get any captured spiders' legs tied up if they aren't already and use your gravity ability to help take them back to Chireiden. Even if you end up unable to tame them, you can still harvest their venom and silk.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
-[x] About Sakura, and everything you discussed with the miko. Mental prodding is fine this time, just to avoid messing up the 'vocalization'.
-[x] About her mysterious sister.

Guys, even if we can't tame them, we can probably feed them and keep getting silk and venom from them.
>> No. 153877
Why even bother with the cloak of many uselessly tiny pockets? It's going to be expensive, he's not even sure he can do it in the first place, and it's probably not going to cause a class change even if you do get the thing made. Save the poor man some stress and drop it already, there's better things to spend time and money on.
>> No. 153880
>>153877

This. Also, why thief? Why not another wizardly outfit?
>> No. 153881
[x] Pierre costs a hundred silvers. It can't hurt to find out the cost a hooded cloak would run you.
-[x] Keep in mind a set of leather robes costs 28 silvers.
-[x] If it's easier for him, the size and orderly placement of the pockets isn't that important, so long as there are plenty of them and they are big enough to hold stuff.
[x]Order two Housemaid uniforms and the repairs on the Miko Cosplay. You'll have the payment sent along tomorrow.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
-[x] About Sakura, and everything you discussed with the miko. Mental prodding is fine this time, just to avoid messing up the 'vocalization'.
-[x] About her mysterious sister.
-[x] Orin.
[x] After that, read Flora and Faunda, if you have time, or go see if any spiders were brought in.

>>153877
Because we're just seeing what it would cost us, and all that loses us is a couple minuites and a small chance of an influence hit with Lopez.
>> No. 153882
[x] Pierre costs a hundred silvers. It can't hurt to find out the cost a hooded cloak would run you.
-[x] Keep in mind a set of leather robes costs 28 silvers.
-[x] If it's easier for him, the size and orderly placement of the pockets isn't that important, so long as there are plenty of them and they are big enough to hold stuff.
[x] That will do, for now. Go back to the palace.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
-[x] About Sakura, and everything you discussed with the miko. Mental prodding is fine this time, just to avoid messing up the 'vocalization'
-[x] About Orin.
[x] After that, read Flora and Faunda, if you have time, or go see if any spiders were brought in.

Even if we never get it, a price estimate can't hurt us and we're already there. Incompetence isn't a problem if you agree to pay on receipt of an acceptable item.

Also Koisi is still a Per/Int roll, just sayin'.
>> No. 153884
>>153882

Nope. It's an influence check. Influence is the main roll/check out of the three rolls.
>> No. 153886
Pestering him so much about something and then never actually getting it is only going to annoy him, you know. There really isn't any point in bothering him about it.
>> No. 153887
>>153886
What, asking about something and then following up on a relevant tangent is pestering?
>> No. 153889
>>153887
Considering he's clearly uncomfortable with the whole thing and you're not actually going to get one even after hashing out all the details? Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it harassment, but it's certainly jerking him around.

If you, say, said something along the lines of 'On second thought, it probably won't do what I have in mind, so never mind that. For future reference though, how much would something with that level of complexity run me?', it would probably get a similar result without the aforementioned jerking around thing. Hmm... the wording there doesn't feel right, but it gets the general idea across.
>> No. 153890
File 133023306874.jpg - (644.30KB , 750x930 , NotThisBigYet.jpg ) [iqdb]
153890
"Just out of curiosity, what would that total to? Something like that, maybe not exactly that item, however." Tabuki asks.

"That... depends upon how many pockets you want inside." Lopez says, slowly.

"Presume 'many' as a rough estimate."

Lopez thinks for a moment.

"I would say, from all the extra sewing, it would be... forty five? No, fifty. Around fifty silvers for such an item. I do not generally deal in complex clothings, miss. Simple and cheap work is my stock in trade." Lopez says.

The estimate is roughly twice what a leather robe would cost. Nearly doubling the price just to put pockets on the inside. Tabuki had had a moment's fanciful thought of asking for spider muzzles, but she now very much doubted he could fashion such a thing.

Aside from that, she wasn't entirely certain how it would work around spidery mouth-parts.

"Very well. I'll keep that appraisal in mind. For the time being, I'll have two Housemaid uniforms."

"Yes, that will total to 30 silvers. And the repairs, added to it, for fifty?" Lopez asks.

"No, I merely wanted to have an estimate of costs to repair those. Actual repair work is not an immediate concern, I believe. For now, just the uniforms. I'll have the pay sent tomorrow."

"Of course, of course. And I shall have them delivered to you upon its receipt." Lopez agrees.

The next matter on the agenda is to speak to Satori. Tabuki is distracted, however, along the way, as her troops seem to be encircling a pair of less than pleased spiders, prodding them carefully along with their weapons as best as they could without actually harming the creatures more than they had already been harmed.

One rears up on its rear legs and hisses, only to be pacified, sort of, as Dominique thumps the head of her spear softly between its many eyes, dropping it back to the ground.

"Oh, hey! Great timing, we've almost got these back to the Palace." Emerald says. "Not sure what you want with them, but..."

"Only two?" Tabuki questions, thoughtfully.

"Well... you see, there was a bit of an issue with the zombies. They don't really get restraint in things like this, and the firebugs were busy with other things while they went at it, so... eh, we managed to scrape some mush off of them. A couple of flakes of shell. You know, bits. If you're interested in that, we can cart it over." Emerald says. "For the rest of it, it's taking all of us just to keep these two in line, really. Had to finish the rest off, since they'd have gotten off and scuttled away once we left anyway, and then they'd probably come back and try to move into their old webs again..."

"Yes, fine." Tabuki says. "This will do."

"Oh, um... about that fancy robe." Emerald begins again, more hesitantly. "Uh... well, one of the hounds might have gone off like a shot and chomped at Vanda straight away. I mean, we killed it right after that, sure, but..."

"Oh. Wonderful. How damaged is it?" Tabuki asks wearily.

"No, the robe's actually still fine, not a hole in it. Just... a lot of, um. Vanda." Emerald explains, awkwardly. "She should wash out of it, though, we're pretty sure. And she kept on great, even with... you know, the bleeding everywhere. Kept all those elementals focused right on her right up until we finished everything else off and started in on them. One of the big ones still dropped Levina, though."

[ ] Action?
>> No. 153891
Zombies, Ash, FFs

vs

Spider x4, Lattice Bones x1, MMx4, DMx4

---

Ellette- 19 damage to LB (61hp)
Honey- 15 damage to LB (46hp)
B.B.- 7 damage to LB (39hp)
Yumi- 10 damage to LB (29hp)
Deady-x
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
George-x
Indead-x
Ash-x

Spider1 : MM4-x
DM1- 2 damage to Ellette (18hp)
DM2- 2 damage to Yumi (13hp)
DM3- 2 damage to Deady (35hp)
DM4- 1 damage to Ash (82hp)

Ellette- 19 damage to LB (10hp)
Honey- 16 damage to LB (KO)
B.B.- 7 damage to (d8=4) MM4 (3hp)
Yumi- 10 damage to MM4 (KO)
Deady- 15 damage to (d4=2) S2 (10hp)
- Heals to max
Dead2- 11 damage to S2
Newdead- 11 damage to S2
George-9 damage to S2
Indead- 7 damage to S2
-- S2 is splattered by the concerted assault
Ash- 22 damage to (d10=8) DM2 (KO, -12hp, Necrophobe)

Spider1- 6 damage to (d10=1) Ellette (12hp)
--d2=2, no poison
Spider3- 3 damage to (d10=6) Dead2 (27hp)
--Undead care nothing for toxin
Spider4- 4 damage to (d10=4) Yumi (9hp)
--d2=1 Poisoned.
MM1- 1 damage to (d10=4) Yumi (8hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d10=10) Ash (80hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d10=2) Honey (19hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d10=5) Deady (35hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d10=7) Newdead (29hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d10=2) Honey (17hp)

Poison Damage:
Yumi takes 2 damage (6hp)

Ellette- 19 damage to (d6=4) DM1 (KO)
Honey- 13 damage to (d5=2) MM2 (KO)
B.B.- 8 damage to (d4=3) DM3
Yumi[p1]- 11 damage to DM3 (KO)
Deady- 15 damage to (d3=2) Spider3 (10hp)
Dead2- 11 damage to S3
Newdead- 12 damage to S3
George- 8 damage to S3
Indead- 7 damage to S3
-- S3 explodes like an over-beaten pinata
Ash- 32 damage to (d5=5) DM4 (KO, -22hp, Necrophobe2)

Spider1- 6 damage to (d10=2) Honey (11hp)
-- d2=1 Poisoned
Spider4- 4 damage to (d10=4) Yumi (2hp)
-- d2=1 Poisoned
MM1- 1 damage to (d10=3) BB (15hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d10=3) BB (14hp)

Poison damage:
Honey takes 1 damage (10hp)
Yumi takes 2 and 1 damage (KO, -1hp)

Ellette- 19 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (KO)
Honey[p1]- 15 damage to MM3 (KO)
BB- 9 damage to (d2=2) S4 (16hp)
Deady- 16 damage to (d2=1) S1 (9hp)
Dead2- 11 damage to S1
Newdead-12 damage to S1
George- 8 damage to S1
Indead- 7 damage to S1
-- S1 is battered into a pile of goop
Ash- 24 damage to S4
-- S4 is left as a smear

Poison Damage:
Honey takes 2 damage (8hp)

Victory
+1bxp to all active units
2d4= 1,1
MMA, DMA conscripted
Scouting XXIV: Sunlit Aperture

---

Lamia, BARRIER. Akira, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Widget, Alexandria, Denny, Pebbles, Telma Kimimela, Marshmallow (Flashing Sword), Ella, Ruby Waters,Beatrice, Dena, Mieszko, Gakuen, Ain, Soph.

Marshmallow: Heal Only.

vs

CSx1, Cave Spider x6, ZFx2, MMx2, DMx2

--

Akira-x
Russet-x
Vanice-x
Finni-x
Widget-x
Alexandria-x
Denny-x
Pebbles-x
Telma-x
Ella- 2 damage to (d6=1) S1 (23hp)
Ruby- 8 damage to S1 (15hp)
Beatrice- 8 damage to S1 (7hp)
Dena- 2 damage to S1 (5hp)
Mieszko- 2 damage to S1 (3hp)
Gakuen- 2 damage to S1 (1hp)
Marshmallow- Waits.
Ain- 3 damage to S1 (KO)
Soph- 4 damage to (d5=3) S4 (21hp)
Barrier-x
Lamia-x

Cave Squid-x
S2-x
S3-x
S4-x
S5-x
S6-x
ZF1-x
ZF2-x
MM1-x
MM2-x
DM1- 2 damage to (d20=16) MarshmallowBarrier (95hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d20=14) Mieszko (9hp)

Akira- 7 damage to S4 (14hp)
Russet- 6 damage to S4 (8hp)
Vanice- 5 damage to S4 (3hp)
Finni- 4 damage to S4 (KO)
Widget- 4 damage to (d4=3) S5 (21hp)
Alexandria- 1 damage to S5 (20hp)
Denny- 1 damage to S5 (19hp)
Pebbles- 2 damage to S5 ( 17hp)
Telma- 4 damage to S5 (13hp)
Ella- 2 damage to S5 (11hp)
Ruby- 8 damage to S5 (3hp)
Beatrice- 7 damage to S5 (KO)
Dena- 1 damage to (d3=2) S3 (24hp)
Mieszko- 1 damage to S3 (23hp)
Gakuen- 2 damage to S3 (21hp)
Marshmallow- Heal, Wait
-- healed Mieszko for 10 hp (10hp, max)
-- All valid at max.
Ain- 6 damage to S3 (15hp)
Soph- 3 damage to S3 (12hp)
Barrier-x
Lamia- 6 damage to S3 (6hp)
-- Can't entangle

CS- 2 damage to (d20= 1) Akira (18hp)
-- Devour attempt: d20=6, fail
S2- 3 damage to (d20=19) Barrier (92hp)
-- d2=1 Poisoned?
S3- 4 damage to (d20=3) Vanice (11hp)
-- d2=1 Poisoned
S6- 8 damage to (d20=6) Alexandria (2hp)
-- d2=1 Poisoned
ZF1- 4 damage to (d20=6) Alexandria (KO, -2hp)
ZF2- 3 damage to (d19=13) Mieszko (7hp)
MM1- 2 damage to (d19=8) Telma (10hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d19=6) Denny (8hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d19=6) Denny (7hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d19=2) Russet (14hp)

Poison Damage:
Vanice takes 1 damage (10hp)
Alexandria takes 2 damage (-4hp)
Barrier takes 2 damage (90hp)

Akira- 7 damage to S3 (KO)
Russet- 7 damage to (d2=1) S2 (18hp)
Vanice[p1]- 5 damage to S2 (13hp)
Finni- 4 damage to S2 (9hp)
Widget- 5 damage to S2 (4hp)
-Alexandria[p1]-x
Denny- 1 damage to S2 (3hp)
Pebbles- 1 damage to S2 (2hp)
Telma- 4 damage to S2 (KO)
Ella- 2 damage to S6 (23hp)
Ruby- 8 damage to S6 (15hp)
Beatrice- 7 damage to S6 (8hp)
Dena- 2 damage to S6 (6hp)
Mieszko- 1 damage to S6 (5hp)
Gakuen- 1 damage to S6 (4hp)
Marshmallow- Heals, Heals
-- heals Akira for 10hp (20hp, max)
-- heals Russet for 12hp (15hp, max)
-- heals Vanice for 8hp (15hp, max)
-- heals Alexandria for 8hp (4hp, KO)
Ain- 6 damage to S6 (KO)
Soph- 6 damage to (d2=1) ZF1 (9hp)
Barrier[p1]-x
Lamia- 10 damage to ZF1 (KO)

CS- 3 damage to (d20=8) Pebbles (7hp)
-- Devour attempt: d10=8 Success
-- Pebbles takes an additional 3 crushing and acid damage. (4hp)
ZF2- 4 damage to (d19=6) Alexandria (KO, 0hp)
MM1- 2 damage to (d18=14) Marshmallow Barrier (88hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d18=1) Akira (18hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d18=13) Gakuen (8hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d18=7) Telma (8hp)

Poison Damage:
Vanice takes 1 damage (14hp)
Alexandria takes 1 damage (-1hp)
Barrier takes 1 damage (87hp)

Akira- 7 damage to ZF2 (8hp)
Russet- 7 damage to ZF2 (1hp)
Vanice[p1]- 5 damage to ZF2 (KO)
Finni- 4 damage to (d5=4) DM1 (6hp)
Widget- 5 damage to DM1 (1hp)
-Alexandria[p1]-x
Denny- 2 damage to DM1 (KO)
-Pebbles-x
Telma- 4 damage to (d4=4) DM2 (6hp)
Ella- 3 damage to DM2 (3hp)
Ruby- 9 damage to DM2 (KO)
Beatrice- 8 damage to (d3=3) MM2 (2hp)
Dena- 2 damage to MM2 (KO)
Mieszko- 1 damage to (d2=1) CS (9hp)
Gakuen- 1 damage to CS (8hp)
Marshmallow- Heals, Heals
-- Heals Akira for 8hp (20hp, max)
-- Heals Vanice for 12hp (15hp, max)
-- Heals Alexandria for 10hp (9hp, KO)
-- Heals Telma for 12hp (12hp, max)
Ain- 5 damage to CS (3hp)
Soph- 4 damage to CS (KO)
Barrier-x
Lamia- 10 damage to MM1 (KO)

Poison Damage:
Vanice takes 2 damage (13hp)
Alexandria takes 2 damage (7hp)
Barrier takes 2 damage (85hp)

Victory!
+1bxp
[Alexandria] gained perk: Brick Jaw (+2hp)
MMB, DMB conscripted
Bleak Aura: d100=33
Loot: 1 squid meat -> 4s
Scouting TVI-4

---

Brawlers, Emerald, Bellflower, Dominique, Vanda, Henna, Narutaru, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko Creo, Fabrizia, Elizabeth, Iona Silk, Mallea Gimcrack.

Vanda: Draw FW fire.

vs

ZFx8, aZFx4, vZFx2, Hellhound x2, FWx4, aFWx2, MMx3, DMx4

Strategy Roll: d10=2, success.

---

Emerald-x
Bell-x
Dominique-x
Henna-x
Vanda-x
Naru-x
Chiko- 9 damage to (d2=1) HH1 (31hp)
Levina- 7 damage to HH1 (24hp)
Yumiko- 4 damage to HH1 (20hp)
Fabrizia- 4 damage to HH1 (16hp)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to HH1 (10hp)
Iona- 5 damage to HH1 (5hp)
Mallea- 5 damage to HH1 (KO)
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x

ZF1 : vZF2-x
HH2- 11 damage to (d16=5) Vanda (7hp)
FW1- 9 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW2- 10 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW3- 7 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW4- 9 damage to Vanda (Null)
aFW1-13 damage to Vanda (Null)
aFW2-13 damage to Vanda (Null)
MM1-x
MM2-x
MM3-x
DM1- 2 damage to (d16=2) Bell (22hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d16=11) Elizabeth (17hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d16=11) Elizabeth (15hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d16=6) Naru (14hp)

Emerald- 16 damage to MM2 (24hp)
Bell- 12 damage to MM2 (12hp)
Dominique- 12 damage to MM2 (KO)
Henna- 12 damage to (d2=1) vZF1 (18hp)
Vanda-x
Naru- 9 damage to vZF1 (9hp)
Chiko- 9 damage to vZF1 (KO)
Levina- 6 damage to vZF2 (24hp)
Yumiko- 5 damage to vZF2 (19hp)
Fabrizia- 5 damage to vZF2 (14hp)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to vZF2 (8hp)
Iona- 6 damage to vZF2 (2hp)
Mallea- 5 damage to vZF2 (KO)
Frances- 10 damage to (d4=4) aZF4 (12hp)
Quinn- 10 damage to aZF4 (2hp)
Janice- 10 damage to aZF4 (KO)

ZF1- 3 damage to (d16=8) Levina (21)
ZF2- 3 damage to (d16=2) Bell (19hp)
ZF3- 4 damage to (d16=11) Elizabeth (11hp)
ZF4- 3 damage to (d16=7) Chiko (21hp)
ZF5- 3 damage to (d16=16) Janice (25hp)
ZF6- 4 damage to (d16=6) Naru (10hp)
ZF7- 3 damage to (d16=1) Emerald (61hp)
ZF8- 3 damage to (d16=13) Mallea(16hp)
aZF1- 6 damage to (d16=6) Naru (4hp)
aZF2- 5 damage to (d16=8) Levina (16hp)
aZF3- 6 damage to (d16=9) Yumiko (18hp)
FW1- 7 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW2- 8 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW3- 8 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW4- 10 damage to Vanda (Null)
aFW1- 18 damage to Vanda (Null)
aFW2- 13 damage to Vanda (Null)
MM1- 2 damage to (d16=10) Fabrizia (22hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d16=4) Henna (30hp)
MM3- 2 damage to (d16=1) Emerald (59hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d16=16) Janice (23hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d16=15) Quinn (27hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d16=12) Iona (18hp)
DM4- 1 damage to (d16=2) Bell (18hp)

Emerald- 19 damage to (d3=2) aZF2 (3hp)
Bell- 12 damage to aZF2 (KO)
Dominique- 11 damage to (d2=1) aZF1 (11hp)
Henna- 11 damage to aZF1 (KO)
Vanda-x
Naru- 10 damage to aZF3 (12hp)
Chiko- 9 damage to aZF3 (3hp)
Levina- 6 damage to aZF3 (KO)
Yumiko- 4 damage to (d8=6) ZF6 (11hp)
Fabrizia- 4 damage to ZF6 (7hp)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to ZF6 (1hp)
Iona- 6 damage to ZF6 (KO)
Mallea- 5 damage to (d7=2) ZF2 (10hp)
Frances- 11 damage to ZF2 (KO)
Quinn- 12 damage to (d6=6) ZF8 (3hp)
Janice- 12 damage to ZF8 (KO)

ZF1- 4 damage to (d16=3) Dominique
ZF3- 3 damage to (d16=8) Levina (13hp)
ZF4- 3 damage to (d16=11) Elizabeth (8hp)
ZF5- 3 damage to (d16=9) Yumiko (15hp)
ZF7- 4 damage to (d16=4) Henna (26hp)
FW1- 10 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW2- 10 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW3- 9 damage to Vanda (Null)
FW4- 7 damage to Vanda (Null)
aFW1- 13 damage to Vanda (Null)
aFW2- 17 damage to Vanda (Null)
MM1- 2 damage to (d16=1) Emerald (57hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d16=14) Frances (28hp)
MM3- 2 damage to (d16=5) Vanda (5hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d16=10) Fabrizia (21hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d16=12) Iona (16hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d16=8) Levina (15hp)
DM4- 1 damage to (d16=14) Frances (27hp)

Emerald- 15 damage to (d5=5) ZF7 (KO)
Bell- 11 damage to (d4=2) ZF3 (4hp)
Dominique- 12 damage to ZF3 (KO)
Henna- 12 damage to (d3=3) ZF5 (3hp)
Vanda-x
Naru- 9 damage to ZF5 (KO)
Chiko- 9 damage to (d2=2) ZF4 (6hp)
Levina- 6 damage to ZF4 (KO)
Yumiko- 4 damage to ZF1 (11hp)
Fabrizia- 4 damage to ZF1 (7hp)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to ZF1 (1hp)
Iona- 5 damage to ZF1 (KO)
Mallea- 6 damage to (d7=7) DM4 (4hp)
Frances- 10 damage to DM4 (KO)
Quinn- 12 damage to (d6=6) DM3 (KO)
Janice- 10 damage to (d5=1) MM1 (KO)

FW's still fire uselessly at Vanda
MM2- 1 damage to (d16=14) Frances (26hp)
MM3- 2 damage to (d16=8) Levina (13hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d16=6) Naru (2hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d16=2) Bell (16hp)

Emerald- 19 damage to (d4=1) MM2 (KO)
Bell- 11 damage to (d3=3) DM2 (KO)
Dominique- 12 damage to (d2=2) DM1 (KO)
Henna- 12 damage to MM3 (KO)
Vanda-x
Naru- 8 damage to (d6=2) FW2 (HALF, 4hp)
--- FW's are no longer focusing their fire on Vanda --
Chiko- 8 damage to FW2 (KO)
Levina-6 damage to (d5=2) FW3 (2hp)
Yumiko- 5 damage to FW3 (KO)
Fabrizia- 4 damage to (d4=4) aFW2 (8hp)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to aFW2 (2hp)
Iona- 6 damage to aFW3 (KO)
Mallea- 5 damage to (d3=1) FW1 (3hp)
Frances- 11 damage to fw1 (HALF, KO)
Quinn- 10 damage to (d2=1) FW4 (HALF, 3hp)
Janice- 10 damage to FW4 (HALF, KO)

aFW1- 15 damage to (d16=8) Levina (KO)

Emerald- 17 damage to aFW1 (HALF 4hp)
Bell- 11 damage to aFW1 (HALF KO)

Victory
+1bxp to all active units
Conscripted: MMC, DMC
Bleak Aura: d100= 29
Scouting new area.

>> No. 153894
> [Alexandria] gained perk: Brick Jaw (+2hp)

Okay, I sort of missed how she got that.
Anyway, how are we going to be able to get the spiders to the point where we'll be able to ride them?
>> No. 153901
File 133024156158.gif - (15.23KB , 633x368 , spider-guts.gif ) [iqdb]
153901
See? No harm done.

[x] Tie the folding parts of the spider's fangs to the convenient part next to them.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
--[x] Keep in mind you can make a shelter elsewhere with stone manipulation if she doesn't want them. This is her house, after all.
-[x] Mental recap of what you learned from Sakura, unless Satori already knows all that.
-[x] About her mysterious sister.
-[x] Orin.
[x] Read Flora and Fauna.

The thing about spider fangs is that they're built kinda like the arms of a praying mantis. They could easily be restrained in the manner of lobster claws. As a bonus, the mouth of a spider is separate from its fangs - it can still be fed.
>> No. 153904
>>153891
>>153890
>Marshmallow- Heals, Heals
-- heals Akira for 10hp (20hp, max)
-- heals Russet for 12hp (15hp, max)
-- heals Vanice for 8hp (15hp, max)
-- heals Alexandria for 8hp (4hp, KO)

Wait what? Marshmallow have AoE heal!?

>"No, the robe's actually still fine, not a hole in it. Just... a lot of, um. Vanda." Emerald explains, awkwardly. "She should wash out of it, though, we're pretty sure. And she kept on great, even with... you know, the bleeding everywhere. Kept all those elementals focused right on her right up until we finished everything else off and started in on them.”
I have to say.
Vanda deserves a prize for this or something. If she hadn’t been able to keep the wisps focused on her this battle would have ended a lot uglier.
>> No. 153906
>>153777
>Vanda's only function is to shield anyone from the Fire Wisps, and nothing else.

Oh, and nice call 6265. I would never have thought she would be able to pull it off.
>> No. 153909
>S3 explodes like an over-beaten pinata

These descriptions are awesome.
>>153906

Well, the Robe had to be useful, sometime. Barrier would be better, but there's the whole 'not really material body' thing going on. Still risky, with that hound chewing on her.
>>153904
>Wait what? Marshmallow have AoE heal!?

Mikos can trade an attack for a heal. Since she's a support 1 miko, she can heal twice. The flashing sword grants +1 attack per round, and benefits miko too. So that's 4 heals per turn on a consript miko, which appears to be the maximum number of heals allowed.

[x] Tie the folding parts of the spider's fangs to the convenient part next to them.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
--[x] Keep in mind you can make a shelter elsewhere with stone manipulation if she doesn't want them. This is her house, after all.
-[x] Mental recap of what you learned from Sakura, unless Satori already knows all that.
-[x] About her mysterious sister.
-[x] Is Orin still busy with that...'gift', you gave her? Okku said bothering Orin wasn't a good idea, when she's in that excited mood.
[x] Read Flora and Fauna.
[x] After that, go see what you can do with the spiders.
-[x] Subjugate the spider to your will. (Risky) [Mag/Cha] ?
>> No. 153935
[x] Tie the folding parts of the spider's fangs to the convenient part next to them.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
--[x] Keep in mind you can make a shelter elsewhere with stone manipulation if she doesn't want them. This is her house, after all.
-[x] Mental recap of what you learned from Sakura, unless Satori already knows all that.
-[x] About her mysterious sister.
-[x] Is Orin still busy with that...'gift', you gave her? Okku said bothering Orin wasn't a good idea, when she's in that excited mood.
[x] Read Flora and Fauna.
[x] After that, go see what you can do with the spiders.
-[x] Subjugate the spider to your will. (Risky) [Mag/Cha]
>> No. 153940
[x] Tie the folding parts of the spider's fangs to the convenient part next to them.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
--[x] Keep in mind you can make a shelter elsewhere with stone manipulation if she doesn't want them. This is her house, after all.
-[x] Mental recap of what you learned from Sakura, unless Satori already knows all that.
-[x] About her mysterious sister.
-[x] Is Orin still busy with that...'gift', you gave her? Okku said bothering Orin wasn't a good idea, when she's in that excited mood.
[x] Read Flora and Fauna.
[x] After that, go see what you can do with the spiders.
>> No. 153950
[x]Dispel Bluntness
[x]Let the troops know they can finish off the spiders if they get to ornery, but let them know that if they do to make sure the body is relatively intact.
[x]Talk to Satori
-[x]Orin. Has she been back yet, do you need anything taken to her, etc.
[x]Read Flora and Fauna
[x]Go see what you can do with the spiders. If "what you can do" involves butchering them for parts, so be it.

Tabby might have the agility to grab the right spider bits, but with that strength she'll get thrown around if the spider struggles even slightly. Not to mention that she does not, in fact, know she can do that with it's fangs yet.
>> No. 153966
>>153950
Actually, even assuming the structure of their fangs was not detailed in giant spiders, these spiders are bigger than normal, and Tabby's a lot smaller. A cursory examination would reveal this bit of spider anatomy, especially if it tried to bite something.

Also, gravity manipulation isn't just for show. A spider made too heavy to move or suspended weightless in the air is substantially easier to tie the fangs of, not to mention we have a bunch of soldier fairies to keep them in line.
>> No. 153973
[x] Tie the folding parts of the spider's fangs to the convenient part next to them.
[x] Talk to Satori
-[x] About the cave spiders, and how one could tame them.
--[x] Keep in mind you can make a shelter elsewhere with stone manipulation if she doesn't want them. This is her house, after all.
-[x] Mental recap of what you learned from Sakura, unless Satori already knows all that.
-[x] About her mysterious sister.
-[x] Is Orin still busy with that...'gift', you gave her? Okku said bothering Orin wasn't a good idea, when she's in that excited mood.
[x] Read Flora and Fauna.
[x] After that, go see what you can do with the spiders. If "what you can do" involves butchering them for parts, so be it.
>> No. 153979
Marshmallow and Vanda did an excellent job out there. That kind of strategy is what we were needing.

Marshallow already has a shiled, so I'd like you guys to consider buying a copper helmet for Vanda. She earned it, no?
>> No. 153985
>>153979

We've just given a helmet to her...
>> No. 153996
>>153966
Perception 1. You're also expecting the spider to hold still for an examination.

Or, if that's not good enough, your plan is to take an angry, injured spider, suspend it in mid air, and try to tie bits of it's mouth together while it's thrashing about wildly.

I cannot see any way in which this beautifully flawless plan can fail. Nope. Not a one.

...

Weeeeellll there is the part where it has eight legs, and if one of them happens to clock Tabby she has a pretty good chance of losing concentration on the gravity thing and she'll suddenly have to deal with an angry spider that is not being suspended in mid air and is much larger than her and happens to have her hand near it's mouth.

If you're going to insist on trying anyways, knock the bloody thing out first.
>> No. 154000
>>153996
I sorta assumed knocking the thing out would be applied as necessary. And you didn't make fun of making it too heavy too move.

It's possible you think spider fangs are inside the mouth, where you can't see them. They are outside. The difficulty'd be about the same as seeing whether something the relative size of at least a largish dog had fang-limbs growing out of its face.
>> No. 154004
File 133038331580.jpg - (1.06MB , 882x1228 , 691fe422bbaf739d8be35df080fdd52e8bda8143.jpg ) [iqdb]
154004
The book did have some diagrams available, and happily, one of the anatomical features noted was the structure of mandibles, how the poisonous fangs could be secured shut without hindering the ability to feed much, so long as food was liquified through some other means, in case a given spider became ornery and bite-y. It takes a moment for one of the fairies to run off to fetch some short lengths of material to tie off those mouthparts with, but when not required to keep arachnids in line, a given fairy moves at a much greater rate of speed.

Once the runner gets back, Tabuki takes the length of cord in hand and alters gravity to lift one of the spiders into the air. Watching its fruitless thrashings fail to move it about in any way, she waits for a moment, then moves to grab one of the fangs.

Agility d10=1, Power d10=9

The cords slip around smoothly, almost effortlessly. It's just a tug to knot them in place. And then, Tabuki realizes that the Underground City has just suddenly flipped upside down. Oh. No, wait. The city was still the right way around, it was just that, suddenly, she wasn't.

She quickly switched to floating herself in place and out of the way, and the spiders' thrashing slammed its mouthparts into her hand before she was quite out of range and ready to settle them both back on the ground. A turn of events that she suspected would have gone significantly less pleasantly than a minor bump and possibly a bruise later, had she not gotten the restraint pinning the stabby and poisony parts safely out of the way on so quickly and easily.

"Yeah, you know what? Maybe I should do the other one." Emerald said, slightly too-casually plucking the other set of cords out of the hands of the waiting runner.

"... Yes, I suppose I'll leave you to that." Tabuki replied flatly, delaying the waiting heart attack until she was no longer in the full view of her troops.

A little later, composed once more, she meets Satori in the library again.

"...... Yes. I was well aware of this possibility." She says, before even looking away from her current novel to eye Tabuki thoughtfully. "As, I believe, I have stated before. But the point remains: whether the woman is an ordained servant of divinity with a protected mind, or simply mad, I would strongly prefer that Okuu not.... I have said all this before. I don't know why I bother to repeat myself." She sighs.

"I simply wished to alert you to what transpired during the meeting. It wouldn't do for me to act behind your back, without your being aware of things." Tabuki says.

"That. I highly doubt you are capable of." Satori says with a soft snort. "But do as you please, if you feel you must."

.... Tabuki supposes that, while it isn't anything like 'approval', it's probably the closest she's going to get regarding this matter.

"I see. I'd like to ask about Orin as well. And... spiders."

"Hm. Rin has been busy. She did, however, find the time to return to the palace for a meal and bath last night." Satori notes. "As for the spiders you have collected... I am afraid I do not make a habit of 'taming' my pets, aside from preparing their enclosures and habitats. While I have some experience with spiders, I am afraid it would be of little help to you."

She stretches in place and calmly marks the place in her book.

"Further, I am uncertain that you have thoroughly thought this venture through." She points out. "You cannot use them as riding mounts as you do not know how to train them as such. You cannot sell collected venom or silk because, first, you do not know who would purchase it, and second, those interested already have steady suppliers available, to weave silk into cloth and brew poison into wine... or for whatever other uses they may be put. You might, perhaps, collect venom from them to treat weapons with, however the effect would certainly be diluted if not used immediately, and their care would require the consistent attention of fae that cannot be then allocated to your battlefield amusements..."

"Eh..." Tabuki says, uncertainly.

"Never mind. Suffice it to say, I do not see that you have any use for them worth the cost of keeping them, and I have no room for more in my menagerie. I advise you either release or dispose of them. Their eggs hatch in batches of thousands, and though they will happily devour each other as soon as mate, there will always be more. There is no harm in waiting to find a certain use a thing can be put towards before locating that thing. In any case, I have a sudden urge for a different dessert from the norm, and must alert the kitchens if it is to be prepared in time. If there was something else?"

"Um... your sister." Cha d10=8, Per d10=10, Influence = 70

"She comes and goes as she pleases, and has a knack for remaining un-noticed and unremarked upon." Satori says shortly. "It is not impossible you have passed her in the halls of the Palace itself, or on the City streets. If you will excuse me..."

... it isn't until Satori is gone that Tabuki realizes that with her not being present in the library, and having been ushered out before the door swung shut, it won't really be possible to read the book she wanted to get to right now. It will have to wait for later.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 154005
Great sucess!
>> No. 154010
I did not expect the spiders needing a roll, I thought the fairies were going to tie them down. The Satori roll was expected, though. It seems we need a bit more influence with her. 80 (very friendly, affectionate), maybe?

[x] Bind dark Spirit into Newdead's Axe.
[x] Fight against the spiders yourself. You need to practice.
[x] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
[x] Spend the rest of the day with Emerald.
>> No. 154012
>>154010
Tabby has enough influence, it was her abysmal Cha/Per at fault there.

Also, those spiders are half dead at the moment, Tabby gains nothing from fighting them.
>> No. 154020
[x]No point in keeping the spiders around, and like Satori says there'll always be more if things should change. Dispel Bluntness and have them finished off.
[x]Bind... eh, Dark to Indead's axe sounds fine.
[x]If you can get to the labs before it's late in the day, talk to Okuu if she's available, as you might be able to learn more about high-end physics now that you've caught up a bit; failing that see if Nitori's up for taking another crack at teaching you Engineering.
-[x]If you don't think you can get there on time, pop by Yuugi's and see if she, or someone she knows, is interested in spider corpses. Doesn't matter if you don't get much for them, you're killing the things anyways and something is better than nothing.
>> No. 154021
[x] Subjugate the spider to your will. (Risky) [Mag/Cha]
[x] Bind dark or fire into Newdead's Axe.
[x] Combination exercise/gravity practice.

Nothing else for it.
>> No. 154028
[x] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
[x] Bind dark spirit into Bellflower's hammer.
[x] Subjugate the spiders to your will.
-[x] Or practice gravity magic on them. Make them fly without touching them.
--[x] Do kill them yourself after you're done.
[x] Spend the rest of the day with Emerald, wearing nothing but your underwear (if you have to wear them)
-[x] When is she getting a 6-pack abs, by the way? 4 is ok too.

In order of what I'd like to happen. Last line is only in the last place due to temporal usage~

Not enough exposition on their relationship. This story needs more Tabby/Emerald love~ (not talking about Hscenes or whatever, just more time for them acting as a couple).
>> No. 154030
>>154028
>Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
You need to specify what you want to do with or to her.
>> No. 154031
>>154030

We have to write-in? I thought it would lead to Tabby checking on her and then give us a new ser of options to choose. Actually, that would override the rest of my vote, making everything else useless.

>>154028

Kahi, please ignore the Negotiator bits in my vote. My browser forgot the passaord and I can't delete the post.
>> No. 154036
[x] Bind dark spirit into Bellflower's hammer.
[x] Subjugate the spiders to your will. (Risky) [Mag/Cha]
-[x] Or practice gravity magic on them. Make them fly without touching them.
[x] Fly to Emerald, she might be happy to learn you're empowering yourself, even if slowly...
[x] Spend the rest of the day alone with Emerald, wearing nothing but your underwear (if you have to wear them)
-[x] When is she getting a 6-pack abs, by the way? 4 is ok too.

While I don't have anything against voting for our adorable little Tabby to have intimate moments with Emerald, it's best to make sure they will do things in private. It won't hurt to do so, anyway.

Maybe we should let the spiders live for another day, if only to have Tabuki fight them or practice magic on them. Practice any kind of magic, Wild or not, status, buffing/debuffing, gravity manipulation on others, etc. Sure, fairies may be better guinea pigs, since they won't die and can talk/fight back, but we could be reducing our firepower for the next battle(s) if we use them.
>> No. 154039
>>154036
>Maybe we should let the spiders live for another day.
Then you need to provide a plan for where we are going to “store” them and how we are going to keep them from escaping. Preferably without using too many fairies, who need to rest in preparation of tomorrows assault.
>> No. 154044
There's no need to keep the spiders around, like Satori said there will always be more. And uh, trying to dominate the spiders? That's Wild Magic. And thanks to the Cha portion, only has a 9% chance of succeeding. In short, just let it go.

Oh, and if you want to get some magic/gravity practice in, there are these things that don't care if they're flung around or set on fire, require absolutely no upkeep, and are plentiful to boot. They're called rocks.
>> No. 154046
>>154044
>>154039

Geez, fine. Killing the spiders it is, then.

>>154036 changing vote. Not deleting due to quotes and comments.

[x] Kill the spiders in the most cruel and agonizing wat for them.
[x] Bind dark spirit into Bellflower's hammer.
[x] Fly to Emerald, she might be happy to learn you're empowering yourself, even if slowly...
[x] Spend the rest of the day alone with Emerald, wearing nothing but your underwear (if you have to wear them)
-[x] When is she getting a 6-pack abs, by the way? 4 is ok too.

Considering how a spider almost killed her right after she came to life, if Tabuki is going to kill them herself, then she should enjoy this.
>> No. 154047
[x] Subjugate the spider to your will. (Risky) [Mag/Cha]
[x] Bind fire into Newdead's Axe.
[x] Combination exercise/gravity practice.

Words cannot describe how much I don't care about Emerald and Tabby's love life.

Also as interesting as dark is, I don't think we have access to it yet.
>> No. 154050
>>154020 here, somehow misread Newdead as Indead for whatever reason. Change the name where appropriate in the vote.

>>154047
Dark is available in those lightless sub-tunnels.
>> No. 154052
>>154047
>Words cannot describe how much I don't care about Emerald and Tabby's love life.

How cold of you.
>Also as interesting as dark is, I don't think we have access to it yet.

Sub-tunnels.
>> No. 154053
>>154052
I find wanting to just gloss over the relationship stuff to be an acceptable position, that sort of thing isn't for everyone.

It's the guy who wants the spiders slowly tortured to death that worries me.
>> No. 154054
>>154052
>Sub-tunnels.

I know that, but unless I'm mistaken, we need to capture a territory before binding from it.

Actually, I am mistaken, we bound lightning in the labs that one time. Even so, the sub-tunnels are sorta more dangerous. I assume we're taking along Newdead or Indead, whichever one we're binding the weapon of, to keep watch in the pitch-blackness?
>> No. 154055
>>154054

I think the sub-tunnel's entrance (which we control) already qualify as a source of Dark spirits. The should be enough light coming in, for safety.

>>154053
>I find wanting to just gloss over the relationship stuff to be an acceptable position, that sort of thing isn't for everyone.

Understandable. I think it's nice, though.

Also, why are you worried? We should burn down all the spiders in the world, including Yamame if she becomes another Parsee~
>> No. 154060
File 133046949083.jpg - (51.63KB , 474x894 , b7ed36004b3007771ef2553de25d1616ef3e0362.jpg ) [iqdb]
154060
The clear thing to do, then, is Binding practice. Devia is waiting at the entrance to one of the sub-tunnels, though the fairy is quite nervous as she takes Tabuki and the undead fairy she has brought along down into the murky depths.

"Please be quick." She asks quietly. "It's pretty dangerous down here, if we get something's attention..."

"Patience." Tabuki whispers back, floating the heavy axe down to the ground in front of herself and focusing deeply on it. Darkness is all around them in every direction. It's not particularly difficult to draw an ethereal wisp of it down and mystically weave it into the structure of the axe.

The weapon seems to harbor a slightly malignant glimmer as the procedure finishes, and Tabuki returns it to the undead. Devia is much happier to be leading them out of the area than she was to lead them in.

The next thing to do is to see about a shortcut in taming the spiders. Fairies are gathered, of course, as a just in case measure, surrounding and keeping the arachnids penned.

Tabuki begins the work, hoping for the best. Mag d10=7, Cha d10=10. -810mp = 4634

She can feel magic pouring out into this endeavor and, slowly, the minds of the spiders, such as they are, begin to become... malleable. Receptive to outside influence, and suggestion.

And then, just as she starts to think that this might have actually worked out perfectly, they Rebel, in a boiling outpouring of incandescently white fury at the intrusion that leaves her physically blind and deaf for a few moments in its aftermath. It's enough for the spiders to lunge and knock her down in their suddenly berserk and roiling fury, trying and failing to bite her through their bindings even as they batter her around with their limbs, fairy cohort not able to react in time to the initial assault.

"... it away from-!"

".Trying, but just-" "-went absolutely nuts..."

"No, sto... nt' let that one get away, go after..."

Voices fade in and out of coherence as Tabuki loses consciousness, briefly. When she comes to, once more in full possession of her senses, there's a tangled heap of broken and bashed apart limbs piled up over a mass of... ex-spider, would be the best guess. Which accounts for one. The other spider is nowhere to be seen.

Tabuki takes a moment to catch her breath.

Tabuki HP = 75, MP = 4634
2H PM Axe -> 2H PM Axe of the Flea


[ ] Action?
>> No. 154063
>>154060
Hahaha, aaah our Cha rolls seems to always land on 10 for hilariously disastrous results~
>> No. 154064
>>154062

Not the wild magic's fault. I think. Probably the epic failure on the CHA roll.

[x] Spend the rest of the day alone with Emerald, wearing nothing but your underwear (if you have to wear them)
-[x] When is she getting a 6-pack abs, by the way? 4 is ok too.
>> No. 154065
[x] Combination exercise/gravity practice.
>> No. 154067
The Cha check was part of the spell, so yes, it's at fault here.

As a general note, stop and think when you see a stat check on something and give some thought as to why it's there. Sometimes it's of secondary importance, sometimes it's not. This was a rather obvious example of the latter.
>> No. 154068
[x]Remove Bluntness, it's not going to go away on it's own.
[x]If they haven't already done so, give permission to just finish the the other spider off and be done with it.
[x]Combination exercise/gravity practice.
>> No. 154069
Chance is really a terrible way to decide stuff, but sometimes it's the only one.
That said, remember that the d20 is the most popular dice in the genre, and think about why's that.
>> No. 154070
[x] Combination exercise/gravity practice.
[x] Remove Bluntness, it's not going to go away on it's own.
[x] Spend the rest of the day alone with Emerald, wearing nothing but your underwear (if you have to wear them)
-[x] When is she getting a 6-pack abs, by the way? 4 is ok too.
>> No. 154071
Well, when it's a 9% chance to gain a couple of units for a war game vs. a 10% chance to cause yourself potentially grievous harm, you're better off not rolling the dice in the first place.
>> No. 154072
How come the fact that Tabby and Emerald are married hasn't been brought up since thread one? I want to see some honeymoon hi-jinks.
>> No. 154076
>>154072
Good for you. I want to win the war.
>> No. 154078
[X] Ask the Fairies if any of them know the way to the bookstore.
- [X[ if so have them take tabby their.
--[X] If not send them out into the city to find the bookstore.
--[X] when they return, if they find the bookstore go their.
---[X] If they don't find the bookstore Combination exercise/gravity practice.
>> No. 154080
>>154076
Would laugh if spending time with Emerald helped our people-skills (Cha, in other words).
>> No. 154084
>>154076

Not mutually exclusive:

[x] Remove Bluntness, it's not going to go away on it's own.
[x] Send a few unarmed fairies go look for the bookstore and/or the jeweler
[x] Spend the rest of the day alone with Emerald, wearing nothing but your underwear (if you have to wear them)
-[x] Practice flight with Emerald.
--[x] When is Emerald getting a 6-pack abs, by the way? 4 is ok too.

Flight practive and love time~
>> No. 154085
> [x] Remove Bluntness, it's not going to go away on it's own.

Why? It exists so tabby doesn't her little POW 1 arms sliced off and has little cost (not that MP is a concern for us right now)
>> No. 154086
>>154085
Some things, like bindings and effects (like an effect that triggers every time blood is drawn) won't work if the weapon is blunted. Other than that, you're correct.

I'm sure using blunted weapons will be a bigger problem later, when we actually have more cool stuffs to use.
>> No. 154087
>>154086

Citation needed. Sorry that I may sound like an asshole, but I'd really like confirmation on this.

>>154084
>the bookstore and/or the jeweler

Good call.

[x] Remove Bluntness, it's not going to go away on it's own.
[x] Send a few unarmed fairies go look for the bookstore and/or the jeweler
[x] Spend the rest of the day alone with Emerald, wearing nothing but your underwear (if you have to wear them)
-[x] Practice flight with Emerald.
--[x] When is Emerald getting a 6-pack abs, by the way? 4 is ok too.
>> No. 154088
>>154087

I'll go ahead and confirm it.

2H PM Axe of the Flea: Gives +4 damage, heals the user for 1HP with every attack that draws an opponent's blood.

Just like I put into the spreadsheet. Yes, this means that if it doesn't draw blood then it doesn't go off, so if you're fighting blood-free skeletons or machines, or for example, if the axe is magically blunted to not draw blood, you get nothing out of the binding at all.
>> No. 154090
Seriously now, don't send fairies out looking for stuff unsupervised.

Oh, and private moments between Tabby and Emerald? Those are private. They happen. They are largely glossed over. Why? Because they are private. Stop trying to shoehorn in awkward genre shifts in your thinly veiled desire for H scenes.

>>154085
Bluntness costs nothing to remove and there's no reason to leave it on.
>> No. 154091
>>154088

Thanks for confirming. I rarely go to the spreadsheet, since other anons always updates us when making the battle plans.

>>154090

Hey now, don't be a party-pooper. I'm not voting for intimacy because I want smut, or anything like that. I just think it's an attractive element to the story, and could help to better characterize the couple. There is no necessity to write about it all the time, but it's easy to forget about it.

I personally wants to see Tabuki with a bit more emotion. Since she has the same charisma level than a rock, the only real possibility for that is with Emerald, at least until we start a quest involving her murdered owner (which seems to be rather distant right now).
>> No. 154092
>>154086
I was under the impression that it made all damage taken blunt, and that Tabby only uses it as self-defense. I was unaware she cast it on the fairy's weapons for use against foes.
>> No. 154095
>>154092
Yeah, Bluntness targets weapons, preventing them from piercing or cutting flesh. It's not a 'prevent individual from being cut/pierced' spell, it's a 'prevent these objects from cutting/piercing' spell.

Hm, if/when Beatrice class changes into a Wizard, maybe we can teach her how to cast Bluntness? Could be useful for reducing the effectiveness of enemies, especially ones that inject poison (hard to inject if you can't break skin). Since we're the Leader, we can't cast it on enemies unless they have their own Leader.


Unrelated subject, could someone repost the scouting report maps? I'd like to look over them again now that we've gotten Emerald's clarification on the meanings of the symbols.
>> No. 154096
>>154095

See >>150583 for all the maps posted. They're old now, though.
>> No. 154137
File 133080113741.png - (121.16KB , 1969x1193 , Maps.png ) [iqdb]
154137
>>154095
I think this should be accurate enough.
>> No. 154142
File 13308185446.png - (8.85KB , 380x386 , Tunnels VII.png ) [iqdb]
154142
>>154137

You're missing Tunnels VII. I'm also pretty sure there is a sub-tunnels map missing, but that's probably because Kahi hasn't made them yet.

I noticed you have written down the names of some fairies on the map. May I ask you what's the reason for that?
>> No. 154155
>>154142
I wrote down the names of the fairies whose home territory borders the “enemy” factions. In a future conflict those fairies will be in contested territories and as such it may be wise not to invest too much money into them. In addition it’s bit easier to see who we will lose if we lose the territory.
>> No. 154158
>>154155
Well, if my time playing Sengoku RanceGensokyo has taught me anything, the best way to hold territory is to keep on expanding
>> No. 154159
>>154158
And this is relevant to what I wrote… how?
>> No. 154165
File 133091292788.jpg - (428.25KB , 758x1017 , QuicklyretrieveXfromY.jpg ) [iqdb]
154165
The first thing you do is remove the bluntness effect. From everything. It seems like it will be mildly useful if you want to capture something alive, but otherwise... well, you get rid of it. No reason to leave things as they are.

The rest of the day can involve spending time with Emerald, or trying to work out to improve your admittedly pathetic level of physical ability, or practicing your gravity manipulation.

After a moment of thought, you see no real reason all three can't be blended into one whole conglomeration. And there's no real reason to leave your clothes on if you're going to be sweaty. They'd just need to be washed afterward, and you'd be taking them off to bathe anyway.

Emerald does not have any concerns with this plan of action.

As it happens, very little in the way of 'exercize' or 'training' gets done.... though there does end up being a fair level of physical activity. You aren't really sure how you didn't see this coming, as it isn't exactly an unexpected result.

From what little you managed, however, you get the feeling that you really aren't going to get much in the way of results from trying to do both at the same time. Can't really work your muscles if you're making things weightless and effortless to move around, and at the same time, can't really train your ability if you aren't using it fully. Next time you try, you guess you'll have to focus on one or the other.

For now, it's time to bathe and sleep.

---

"Come on! Time to drink up!" Chris declares, dragging Morte and Sue along by their arms.

"...... This isn't the Oni's place." Morte notes, after getting enough leverage to wrench her arm free, rubbing at it tenderly.

"Well, no." Chris says, hefting a surprised Sue over a shoulder in order to get inside faster. "She would want... you know... money. And she would get upset if we couldn't get it to her."

"And this person doesn't?" Morte says, following them in, dubiously.

"Well.... This guy I have dirt on." Chris explains, dumping Sue into the right place. "Hold on here, I'll be right back."

Morte sighs, deeply, and leans back into a seat as Sue glances curiously around the dingy and smoky establishment. She's pretty sure that stain over there on the floor is from vomit. And that the other one, over there, was blood. And fairly fresh.

"Aaaand here's the beer." Chris said, cheerily, setting some mugs down.

"..... It tastes like piss." Morte says sourly, after spitting out a cautious sip.

Chris makes a noncommital sound as she and Sue drink.

"Now that I think of it... it also looks like piss. And smells like it." Morte says. "I think it's piss."

"Could be. Never said that he was happy about me having dirt on him." Chris said, smiling. "It's why I gave you my mug~"

"I see." Morte said flatly, then rose, picking up the mug as she went. Then deliberately, theatrically, 'tripped' over her feet and splashed the contents of the mug directly in the face of a warty, heavyset youkai. He blinked and sniffed once, before his face started to slowly darken.

"O-oh no!" Morte said, screwing her face up into a wide-eyed expression of shocked apology. "I am so sorry, mister... My friends over there, the ones who just stopped laughing, they played this horrible prank on me just now, and I meant to dump that out, b-but... I'm sorry!"

The youkai made an angry noise as he rose and lurched past Morte, who allowed her expression to settle into vexed annoyance again as she left the beginning brawl behind her, floating down the streets.

".... hey. Fairy. Want to play a game?" A voice called out from the side, down an alley. Morte thought for a moment, then floated in that direction, to find a short being wrapped in dirty strips of cloth rolling a pair of dice in his hand. One white, with black marks, and one black, with white.

"Roll the dice?" He asked curiously. "Ten silvers starting bet."

"I have no money." Morte pointed out, ready to leave right away.

"That's fine. We can make the bet more interesting. I'll put the first ten up against.... you don't mind putting your body on the line, do you, little fae?" He asked, lecherously.

"I guess that would work." Morte says, without actually agreeing to the terms. "Rules?"

"We roll the die. My number is from the black, yours the white. The higher number wins the round.... in most cases. If a six is rolled, however, it can be beaten by a one. Only a one, which loses to everything else. If there is a tie, we roll again."

"It sounds fair." Morte says. "Are you rolling?"

The ragged figure nods and shakes his hand, then releases the dice to the ground, watching closely. The black die comes up as a two... the white, four. He makes a disgusted noise, while Morte smirks.

"Lucky. That's ten silvers to you. Will you bet it on another round?" He asks.

"Why not? Roll the dice."

The ragged figure scoops them up and shakes again, before dropping them back to the ground. One... to her five.

"Tsk. Another ten to you. Again, once more."

"If you must." Morte says, feeling a little smug about it.

He rolls.... Morte's breath catches as her die only comes up as a two. But the snarl of irritation relieves her even before she turns to see the other, showing that the man has rolled a one once more.

"Blast. I've not a bit of luck today, it seems." He says disgruntledly, counting off coins into a small pouch. "Off with your winnings then, fae."

Morte spends a moment in thought, about what to do with the pouch. She could bring it back to the palace, certainly... Or she could use it on things that she might want, before the Glorious Leader had a chance to get a say in.

In the end, she ordered a pair of nice metal boots, fondly considering how it might feel to put them somewhere... unpleasant~

----

Scouting Reports

XXIV:
Spider x6, Lattice Bones x2, Stray Hound x1, MMx2, DMx2

TVI-4:
Cave Spiderx4, Batx3, MMx2, DMx6

Containment Chambers 1
ZFx6, aZFx6, Hellhoundx1, Lost Spirit x8, MMx6, DMx2

Received PM Axe x2 from Smith.

[Chris] and [Sue Osteolith] found themselves in a rapidly escalating barfight, and woke up in a back alley. The nicest thing they were splattered with was mud.
[Morte Flambeau] won 30 silvers in bets, purchased [Copper Boots], and has equipped them.
[Rainy Icedagger] is available for combat actions again.
[Tokkiki Bloodstone] is still unavailable for 2 days.
[Indigo Hamza] and [Deirdre Waterpitcher] are now finished with training and Yojimbo-class.
[Vanda] has removed [Robe of Null:Fire]

Current Silvers: 86


Injury Breakdown:

Tabuki- 90/100 hp, 5834/8100 mp
Meira- 57hp
Ash- 80/90
BARRIER- 85/115 hp
Lamia- 45/45hp

--Lopez is holding 2 Housemaid uniforms, awaiting payment delivery.

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
-- [ ]Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 140, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [ ] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Pick a fight.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Sakura
-- [ ] Healing: Current price = 2s per 1hp healed.
-- [ ] Utsuho [Influence/Perception]
-- [ ] Miko Training [Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in.
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Fairie Bazaar trip. [Emerald + up to one other escort]
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship [Influence, Rank]
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus.
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels II area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 154168
Waiting for the usual plan makers to come with something up. Remember to not give Morte a free day again.

>>154165
>or trying to work out to improve your admittedly pathetic level of physical ability

Uh, no, Kahi you got that wrong. The "she" in the vote was Emerald, and not Tabuki.

The vote was for Tabby to train her flight with Emerald's help. The abs thing was supposed to be a question to Emerald, during the trainning, as to incentivate Emerald to get stronger..
>> No. 154193
--Lopez is holding 2 Housemaid uniforms, awaiting payment delivery.

[X] Whatever else: pay the man and get those uniforms.

Hey guys, do we have any magic which we could use to make things more durable? Could save us quite a lot of money to enhance all equipment like that as well as give a lot of training with our magic (i.e. to level enchant ment ala Skyrim).

Binding earth/metal spirits into weapons and armor maybe? No idea what to do for the maiduniforms and the like.
>> No. 154194
>before the Glorious Leader had a chance to get a say in.

Glorious Leader. I like that title, we should use next diplomatic meeting: "The Glorious Leader of the Underground Empire, welcomes you to Her soon-to-be territory"

Would end very badly, but it would be fun.

[x] Bind a Fire Spirit into Bellflower's hammer.
[x] Send a maid deliver the money to Lopez and fetch the uniforms. The unequipped Royal Maids are to wear the uniforms as soon as they arrive. Also take the damaged miko cosplay for an appraisal, for future repairs.
[x] Go see Orin.
-[x] Greet her, and ask how she's been doing with Kristohp, the Ring.
-[x] Then mention you've noticed she has a few scorched skeletons obeying her, and that you also have one and you'd like to know how to fix it up.
-[x] And politely ask her if she would mind if you took Catnap Cliffs for the war. It won't change anything to Orin, but it's an extra territory for War business. If she and/or the undead there participate in battle, though, it will be impossible for you.

[x] War stuff:
-[x] Equip both axes on Henna. Copper Spear goes to whichever zombie can equip then, that's not Deady or Newdead, and her current weapon goes to an unequiped mook that can use it. Or give it to whichever nequiped MM can use the spear, preferring Battle-scarred ones.
-[x] LS, Ash, Lamia and Meira replace garrisoned DMs without Necrophobe 2.
-[x] Invade Labs-2. Fairies only, and roll strategy. Engage one at a time, in thsi order: Practical Engineer > Wrench Monkeys > Spiders > Whatever is left, as long as it's not the turrets/defense system.

I don't feel like waiting for others this time. Eh, I could probably have done something better, though, but I'm sure the strategists will come with something way better than this.
>> No. 154195
>The nicest thing they were splattered with was mud.
ಠ_ಠ
By the by, we should get a 'feeling' of our reputation with the fey we command. I thought we were doing quite well, making them fight with lots of backup and giving stuff to whoever earned it or wanted it but...
Morale is important, you know?
>> No. 154196
The Miko outfit would cost 20 silvers to fix, Tabby doesn't have any spells that would increase an item's durability, and I still think asking Orin about taking the territory is a terrible idea. Tabby has 1 Cha, she doesn't really know how to do polite all that well.
>> No. 154205
File 133096786978.png - (234.83KB , 2470x1097 , OOB14_ Proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
154205
>>154194
Seems like a decent plan, you forgot to release half of the fairies we got last turn from garrison duty though. In addition we have enough forces to take an additional territory. The example I give in the spreadsheet is the easiest to take though it might be possible to siphon off more forces from the labs and take a better fortified one elsewhere.

Note that the sheet does not take into account the new weapons equipped this turn, though this should be unproblematic in the grand scheme of things. Oh, and marshmallow is on healing duty of course.
>> No. 154216
>>154196
>Tabby has 1 Cha, she doesn't really know how to do polite all that well.

Much the contrary. She is polite, but she doesn't know how to sweet talk others.

Also, Tabuki hasn't attack Orin with fire to the face for no reason at all (you're all stupid fucks for voting for that) and is decently above 50 influence with Orin.
>> No. 154218
>>154216
True, I suppose a better word for it would be 'awkward'.

And yes, it's annoying that people vote for stupid things and then act shocked when it comes back to bite them in the rear later on.

That said, Orin's bio pretty much spells out that you'd need to do and/or give her something nice if you want anything war-related out of her, and if that's done that's one less thing to use when it comes time to bargain for a ride back to Mima's prison. Or for, say, training in more fire/death based magic. And for me, more and/or better magic is worth a lot more than one more fairy to throw around.
>> No. 154221
>>154218

We do need a way to heal/repair Ash. And maybe raise the dead too.
>> No. 154223
[x] Bind a Fire Spirit into Bellflower's hammer.
[x] Send a maid deliver the money to Lopez and fetch the uniforms. The unequipped Royal Maids are to wear the uniforms as soon as they arrive.

[x] Go see Orin.
-[x] Greet her, and ask how she's been doing with Kristohp, the Ring.
-[x] Then mention you've noticed she has a few scorched skeletons obeying her, and that you also have one and you'd like to know how to fix it up. Or a way to re-raise it, or just raise undead like a proper necromancer.
-[x] And politely ask her if she would mind if you took Catnap Cliffs for the war. It won't change anything to Orin, but it's an extra territory for War business. If she and/or the undead there participate in battle, though, it will be impossible for you.

[x] War stuff:
-[x] Equip both axes on Henna. Equip Flint Spear on George (2H), and George's gauntlets go to Vanda.
-[x] Unstation Koreka, Usagi and Onako.
--[x] Garrison duty: Ash replaces Deathblossoms; Ain -> Balais Windsweeper, Soph -> Crystal Falls.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-5, with Meira and Marshmallow. Meira kills the zombies and squids first, Marshmallow heals the zombies and Meira and does nothing else. BARRIER guards the fairy, only.
-[x] Invade Labs-2. Fairies only, and roll strategy. Engage one at a time, in this order: Practical Engineer > Wrench Monkeys > Spiders > Whatever is left, as long as it's not the turrets/defense system.

Fixed the battle plans for you, bro. Henna has a Flint Spear, the Copper Spear belongs to Dominique.
>> No. 154226
Blunting the weapons might also be wise as we don’t want to kill the poor kappa defenders. On that note, is their HP a measurement of how much punishment they can take before they go comatose and start bleeding to death, or is it a measurement of how much punishment they can take before they run away/surrenders?
>> No. 154227
>>154223
That combat plan with Meira makes it sound like Marshmallow won't be healing Meira at all, along with Meira not being able to mop up the regular fairies once the main threats have been dealt with.


As for my own vote...

[x]Send appropriate payment for the uniforms to Lopez, along with the Miko outfit and it's 20 silver repair fee.
[x]Read... Secret and the Scourge, maybe?

Flora/Fauna, Chemistry, or Semiconductors would also be good picks.

Also: Don't expect to get any concessions over Catnap Cliff without paying through the nose. This is Rin's turf, and she's not going to play along with Tabby's little war without getting something good in return. If you're going to do stuff for Rin, there are much better payoffs than a single fairy.
>> No. 154228
>>154227
>there are much better payoffs than a single fairy.

Like, I don't know, a way to recover Ash's hitpoints?
>> No. 154230
>>154226
You can just order them to not do any lethal damage to the Kappa, as well as making sure the zombie fairies are off chasing other targets. Danmaku mooks don't deal lethal damage by default, so you can have them finish targets off if you want to be extra sure.

(You may wish to alter further war votes to reflect this, to make sure it gets in without simply presuming that's the way it's going to go)
>> No. 154231
>>154228
Exactly. By all means, pay Rin a visit; just don't pester her over her turf.
>> No. 154233
More fairy names. I'll have another (slightly shorter) list up in a couple days.

01. Xerxissa: A fairy created by an evil human sorcerer who focused in the arts of necromancy. Liked playing games such as "Run, run, or you'll be well done!" with the various monsters her master would sometimes create, along with the victims test-subjects used to see just how effective they were. Doesn't quite understand why others said her master was a bad man though. After all, he always treated her so well...
02. Tiberia Krustallos: A fairy with what appears to be slightly glowing green crystals in her wings. She is very affectionate, and likes to hug things.
03. Olivia Okely: A crackshot in Danmaku, she can hit a stationary target from almost half a mile away. Unfortunately, her competitive attitude easily gets her into duels/brawls/bets, and she doesn't think of the consequences before getting into them.
04. Natalie Lan: Made a very bad deal at the Fairy Market, and eventually got sold to a brothel in the Ancient City. Was able to buy her "Freedom" by discovering a plot that aimed to kill her "Master", and helping it to succeed. The confusion of the various magics bound to him and his "Property" dissolving with his death allowed herself and three other fairies to make their escape.
05. Saleen: Is friends with an intelligent tentacled something that lives in the underground lake. She finally gave up trying to drag her lovers into the water with her, due to their unfortunate habit of dying. Doesn't understand why the other fairies drown when she doesn't, but recently decided to try and find a place to call home outside of the lake due to the unfortunate reputation she earned with the other fairies in and around said lake.
06. Zelene Yu: An immigrant from another realm. She doesn't speak the languages of Gensokyo as well as she would like.
07. Marco Chamberpot: Born in the area around the Underground Lake. Is a major fan of various watersports, and reigns as the underground lake champion at fairy water polo.
08. Gallia: Liked sex, liked being a freeloader, and thought that purposely selling herself into the service of a brothel would get her what she wanted. Enjoyed the work, at least until she got sold to her last former owner, who turned out to be very abusive, even for creatures such as fairies. Made her escape with three others after his death.
09. Georgia Lilliputian: Idjit and Georgia are almost inseparable. You can't find one without finding the other.
10. Ophelie Handlebars: Jokingly called the "Fairy version of the town bicycle."
11. Kari Pisier: She has what she describes as "Super Drowning Skills!" Others have stated that "If she ever found herself in a desert, she could drown herself in a mirage."
12. Lihua Tai: A fairy artist, she enjoys painting and sculpting. Sadly, the various Youkai in the Underground, especially those in the Ancient City, don't appreciate her painting and sculpting on their homes and property.
13. Gnilt Kabob: Likes Q-tips and fairy sized sweaters. Blushes heavily when asked why.
14. Xandy: She is a true protector of men everywhere!
15. Ishi: Often uses the phrase "Love is ok when fear is unavailable" as a nice excuse to smash fairy heads in order to get her way. Amusingly, she is actually loved by those who know her.
16. Iku Izanami: A fairy able and willing to trick other fairies into entering and trapping themselves in spider nests for amusement. It should be noted that a few of the spider youkai found this funny as hell themselves, and encouraged her to do this.
17. Oglaff: Makes constant sex jokes, many of them actually funny.
18. Felicia: Likes sausages. Likes playing "Hide the sausage." Hates it when people get mad when they find a sausage hidden underneath their beds or pillows.
19. Ciela: Has issues. Very serious issues. All starting with the name "Spryte."
20. Miff: In appearance, Miff is comparable in appearance to a slightly overweight disheveled human housewife in an ugly pink dress, and plays the part to a tee with her love of smoking, drinking, and throwing random things at her lover(s) while shouting various things such as "DON'T LIE! YOU NEVER LOVED ME!" and "WAS I JUST A CHEAP THRILL FOR YOU TO USE AND THROW AWAY!?" May or may not smell strongly of Gin.
21. Spryte: Absolutely LOVES Ciela, and loves expressing that love, such as that time where she started out with leaving Ciela a cupcake, then a cake, then a wedding cake, culminating with a kidnapped chef.
22. Venus: Likes being beautiful. And vain. And setting things on fire.
23. Pinkle: Wears what can only be described as pink bondage gear.
24. Wakeen Piper: Wishes to one day figure out how to train a horde of vermin to attack on her command. Until then, is trying to master various musical instruments.
25. Pandora Dimichele: Likes being nude. Likes it better when those around her are nude. Isn't timid in the least in stating either of these facts.
26. Idjit Bantam: Idjit and Georgia are almost inseparable. You can't find one without finding the other.
27. Hazel: Desires to become a witch more than anything else. Might also desire some pornography, alchohol, and a willing partner in the meantime.
28. Montmorency Bugbear: Surprisingly, she loves playing the board game "Go". She also wishes to one day find the elusive Bugbear.
29. Mari Cornwall: Likes eating snails. Doesn't quite like it when the snails eat her. Wishes there was some sort of sexual innuendo in that statement.
30. Cane Tuk: Likes derby hats, ribbons, the color blue, and spending time with various farm animals.
31. Meacarpu Roseate: Meacarpu likes to work on things with her own two hands, especially by herself and behind closed doors. She often feels a great deal of satisfaction for a job well done. However, the fact that she does not live in an actual house causes a great deal of curiousity in where the doors were coming from.
>> No. 154248
>>154205
Heads up, I discovered an error. When I moved Marshmallow from Labs - 2 I forgot to remove the strat-roll and melee command buff. As a consequence she has 4 less HP and 3 less dmg than stated. And the total dmg- calculations for Team tunnels IV are off, though this should be quite obvious… Damn, that’s what I get for trying to do this quickly.
>> No. 154249
[x] Bind a Fire Spirit into Bellflower's hammer.
[x] Send a maid deliver the money to Lopez and fetch the uniforms. The unequipped Royal Maids are to wear the uniforms as soon as they arrive.
-[x] Also send the damaged miko cosplay for repairs.

[x] Go see Orin.
-[x] Greet her, and ask how she's been doing with Kristoph, the Ring.
-[x] See if she's in the mood for talking before moving to important subjects.

[x] War stuff:
-[x] Equip both axes on Henna. Equip Flint Spear on George (2H), and George's gauntlets go to Vanda.
-[x] Unstation Koreka, Usagi and Onako.
--[x] Garrison duty: Ash replaces Deathblossoms; Ain -> Balais Windsweeper, Soph -> Crystal Falls.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-5, with Meira and Marshmallow. Meira kills the zombies and squids first, Marshmallow heals the zombies and Meira and does nothing else. BARRIER guards the fairy, only.
-[x] Invade Labs-2. Fairies only, and roll strategy. Engage one at a time, in this order: Practical Engineer > Wrench Monkeys > Spiders > Whatever is left, as long as it's not the turrets/defense system.
>> No. 154257
>>154194 here, changing my vote to >>154249

I knew someone would come up with something better planned than me.
>> No. 154258
>>154227
My head is full of DERP and I managed to somehow miss a couple of key words in the battle plan, so you can ignore any commentary I had on such.

I would, however, reiterate that you might want to have any zombie fairies present in the labs fight to go after non-Kappa targets, as it's been shown that they can and will hit a target while it's down.
>> No. 154261
>>154257
Only because improving upon a battle plan is far easier than creating one from scratch. Thanks for your contribution!
>> No. 154265
Hmm, seeing as I haven't actually made a war vote yet, I may as well do that now.

>>154227 here, adding:

[x]>>154249 's War vote, with the addition of:
-[x]Use non-lethal strikes to finish off the Kappa, and the zombies are to skip straight to the spiders in the targeting order.
[x]If, for whatever reason, a territory specifically requires a fairy(or at the very least a unit with a functioning brain) to garrison it to avoid losing it, then skip swapping garrisoned units as needed and send those unsuitable for the duty to back up Meira.

The Zombies have an entirely too high a chance of outright killing a Kappa if they all rush one, especially if they've already taken damage from other sources. The second bit is just paranoia and can likely be disregarded.
>> No. 154268
[x] Bind a Fire Spirit into Bellflower's hammer.
[x] Send a maid deliver the money to Lopez and fetch the uniforms. The unequipped Royal Maids are to wear the uniforms as soon as they arrive.
-[x] Also send the damaged miko cosplay for repairs.

[x] Go see Orin.
-[x] Greet her, and ask how she's been doing with Kristoph, the Ring.
-[x] See if she's in the mood for talking before moving to important subjects.

[x] War stuff:
-[x] Equip both axes on Henna. Equip Flint Spear on George (2H), and George's gauntlets go to Vanda.
-[x] Unstation Koreka, Usagi and Onako.
--[x] Garrison duty: Ash replaces Deathblossoms; Ain -> Balais Windsweeper, Soph -> Crystal Falls.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-5, with Meira and Marshmallow. Meira kills the zombies and squids first, Marshmallow heals the zombies and Meira and does nothing else. BARRIER guards the fairy, only.
-[x] Invade Labs-2. Fairies only, and roll strategy. Engage one at a time, in this order: Practical Engineer > Wrench Monkeys > Spiders > Whatever is left, as long as it's not the turrets/defense system.
-[x]Use non-lethal strikes to finish off the Kappa, and the zombies are to skip straight to the spiders in the targeting order.
[x]If, for whatever reason, a territory specifically requires a fairy(or at the very least a unit with a functioning brain) to garrison it to avoid losing it, then skip swapping garrisoned units as needed and send those unsuitable for the duty to back up Meira.
>> No. 154294
Suppose I'll call it here, though not really expecting new votes to slip in anyway.

On a side note: attempt to have those undead hold territories are NO GOOD~ I'll be nice, though, and just omit the order. You do, in fact, need to have fairies in a territory to defend it, as per fairy war game rules. Ghosts and walking bones will do nothing to keep you from losing the area, for future reference.

Zombie fairies will work, but it's a bit of a stretch, and only counts because they technically are still fairies.
>> No. 154297
File 133115674763.jpg - (101.27KB , 1000x750 , 2f802c873a9d60eb521ef794a331c91d51af3ba3.jpg ) [iqdb]
154297
Orders are made and troops are divided as Tabuki sends out a runner with payment for the uniforms. Picking them up today, they'll be too late to do anything for salaries, but it will be good to have them ready for their assigned fairies to appear in uniform first thing tomorrow, when attending to their duties. The damaged outfit is also sent along, with payment for that request.

Fifty in total. A painful sum, right now, but do-able.

Meira leaves immediately, seeming much gratified to return to battle, though she still walks with a slight limp. Well, with luck, mid-battle healing should fix that up well. The rest hang about as Tabuki stops in the hells, binding an element of Flame to Bellflower's hammer.

... The business end seems hot to the touch, now, but nothing else is immediately apparent. It'll probably hurt things that like the cold a little more, though. +1 Fire damage

There aren't really any things like that in the labs, but Tabuki returns the weapon, and sends the teeming cloud of bloodthirsty butterflies on their way before focusing her attention elsewhere. Orin's place isn't far from here.

".... Having much progress with that?" She asks, as Orin is seated and staring intently, into and almost through, the piece of jewelry.

"Some. Don't expect me to be teaching you to throw snowflakes at things right away though, Kiddo. Something ya want?" Orin asks, seeming only a little irritated at the interruption. She doesn't seem to mind talking right now, at least.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 154299
[x] Apologize for interrupting, you won't take much time from her.
-[x] First ask her about he minions and the scorched skeletons. How does she 'repair', if she actually fix them up.
-[x] Address the war topic. What does she think of you sending a few fairies there to claim the place for the Fairy War only, with no side-effect or any negative impact. Actually, you could have the stationed fairies help Orin with her work or do anything she may find a use for them. Of course, you have no chance of capturing the place for the War if Orin and her minions take part of the battle.
>> No. 154301
[x]Ask if she has any spells that can repair combat damage taken by the less-sturdy types of undead. If now's not a good time though, you don't mind coming back at a later date.
-[x]In the meantime though, is there anything you can do for her?

Asking about her territory sounds like a great way to lose Influence.
>> No. 154302
>>154301
Agreed. Besides, I think the way >>154299 worded it would need a charisma roll. Even with influence, we all know how it's going to turn out considering our luck with that damn stat.

[x]Ask if she has any spells that can repair combat damage taken by the less-sturdy types of undead. If now's not a good time though, you don't mind coming back at a later date.
-[x]In the meantime though, is there anything you can do for her?
>> No. 154303
[X] Ask if she has any spells that can repair combat damage taken by the less-sturdy types of undead. If now's not a good time though, you don't mind coming back at a later date.
-[X] In the meantime though, ask if there are any... things, you can potentially do for her?
[X] Ask her if there's also anything dangerous, powerful, or amusing she thinks you and yours should watch out for as they drive further into hell.
[X] Before you leave though, ask her if she and Orin would be up for a game of Beer Pong sometime soon when you get enough cash together to pay for such a game.
>> No. 154315
[x] You really wanted to see what progress she had made with the ring. It is your first binding, after all, and Kristoph being a stronger spirit, you're a bit curious about it
[x] Afterwards ask if she has any spells that can repair combat damage taken by the less-sturdy types of undead. If now's not a good time though, you could come back at a later date, when she's in the mood for it.
>> No. 154316
[x] You really wanted to see what progress she had made with the ring. It is your first binding, after all, and Kristoph being a stronger spirit, you're a bit curious about it
[x] Afterwards ask if she has any spells that can repair combat damage taken by the less-sturdy types of undead. If now's not a good time though, you could come back at a later date, when she's in the mood for it.
>> No. 154318
[X] Ask if she has any spells that can repair combat damage taken by the less-sturdy types of undead. If now's not a good time though, you don't mind coming back at a later date.
-[X] In the meantime though, ask if there are any... things, you can potentially do for her?
[X] Ask her if there's also anything dangerous, powerful, or amusing she thinks you and yours should watch out for as they drive further into hell.
[X] Before you leave though, ask her if she and Orin would be up for a game of Beer Pong sometime soon when you get enough cash together to pay for such a game.
>> No. 154355
>-[X] In the meantime though, ask if there are any... things, you can potentially do for her?

"Well yeah, there's something ya can do for me: stop bothering me and leave me alone."
>> No. 154394
>>154355
This is "Big Sis" Orin we're talking about here. She'll want free (or highly undervalued/cheaply-paid-for) things, and teaching minor things like this in return for favors are the sort of stuff she is likely to encourage.
>> No. 154440
File 133160737548.png - (757.96KB , 642x1066 , Lets talk terms.png ) [iqdb]
154440
"I'm sorry if I'm interrupting, I don't mean to take up much time." Tabuki says, calmly. "But I was wondering about spells which might... knit together undead flesh and bones, so to speak. If there's something I could potentially do for you in turn, I wouldn't mind hearing what it may be."

"You're learning~" Orin purrs. "But go on. Or is that it?"

"Well... I wouldn't mind hearing about anything that might happen in the further depths of the hells." Tabuki begins, curiously.

Orin rubs her lip thoughtfully.

"Well, might be able to scrounge something up for ya. Don't really use it much, wild bones and such heal all of their own down here, y'see? Of course, it's different for owned ones. But some of these, here, I wouldn't call 'owned'. S'much as 'they know it'll go worse for them if they cross Big Sis'. You know?" She says, smiling.

"I see." Tabuki says, thoughtfully.

"Well, I'll tell ya what, though. I'll dig that up for ya, and let you know about one of the local hazards to watch out for." She says. "But I want a chat with that Miko, and I don't feel like hunting her down myself right now. Maybe later. But why wait, if you're offering?"

"So, you want me to ask her here, then, in exchange."

"Ask, drug her food, knock her in the back of the head. Whatever. I want you to get her here, 'how's up to you, kiddo. Just so long as she's in shape to talk." Orin says, shrugging disinterestedly. "What you want can come after that."

[ ] Action?
>> No. 154441
Barrier, Meira and Marshmallow.

vs

ZFx3, CSx3, MMx2, DMx2

---

Meira- 29 damage to (d3=3) ZF3 (KO), 20 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (KO)
Marshmallow- Healing
-Heals Meira for 12hp (69hp)
-Heals Meira for 8hp (77hp)
-Heals Meira for 8hp (95hp)
-Heals Meira for 10hp (105hp)
BARRIER-x

ZF1 : MM2-x
DM1- 2 damage to (d3=2) Marshmallow BARRIER (83hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d3=3) BARRIER (82hp)

Meira- 20 damage to ZF1 (KO), 22 damage to (d3=3) CS3 (KO)
Marshmallow- Healing
-Heals Meira for 12hp (117hp)
-Heals Meira for 12hp (120hp, Max)
-No valid targets.
BARRIER-x

CS1- 2 damage to (d3=3) Barrier (80hp)
- Devour attempt (80/115, d115= 114) Success
Barrier takes additional 2 damage (78hp)
CS2- 3 damage to (d2=2) Marshmallow (17hp)
- Devour attempt (18/20, d20=19) Success
Marshmallow takes an additional 2 damage (15hp)
MM1- 1 damage to Meira (119hp)
MM2- 2 damage to Meira (117hp)
DM1- 2 damage to Meira (115hp)
DM2- 2 damage to Meira (113hp)

Meira- 27 damage to CS1 (KO), 27 damage to CS2 (KO)
Marshmallow-x
Barrier-x

MM1- 2 damage to (d3=1) Meira (111hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d3=3) BARRIER (76hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d3=1) Meira (109hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d3=3) BARRIER (75hp)

Meira- 25 damage to DM2 (KO, dead), 24 damage to MM2 (KO, dead)
Marshmallow- Healing
- Heals Meira for 10 damage (119hp)
- Heals Meira for 8 damage (120hp, max)
-No valid targets
BARRIER-x

MM1- 1 damage to BARRIER (74hp)
DM1- 1 damage to Meira (119hp)

Meira- 20 damage to MM1 (KO, dead), 29 damage to DM1 (KO, dead)

Victory.
+1bxp
Conscripted MMA, DMA
Bleak Aura: d100=59
Loot: squid meat x3 -> 12 silvers

---

A humongous swarm of fairies.

vs

Kappa Wrench-monkey x2. Kappa Practical Engineer [Equip: Steam-driven flintlock replica?], Flechette turret x3, MMx3, DMx3, Mini Robo-Spider x12

Stratd10= 2, success

---

Emerald-x
Akira-x
Bell-x
Chris-x
Dom-x
Russet-x
Henna-x
Vanice-x
Finni-x
Vanda-x
Widget-x
Naru-x
Alex-x
Morte-x
Denny-x
Rainy-x
Pebbles-x
Telma-x
Sue-x
Koreka-x
Chiko- 9 damage to KPE (71hp)
Levina- 6 damage to KPE (65hp)
Yumiko- 4 damage to KPE (61hp)
Fabrizia- 4 damage to KPE (57hp)
Elizabeth- 5 damage to KPE (52hp)
Iona- 5 damage to KPE (47hp)
Mallea- 6 damage to KPE (41hp)
--Ella- 3 damage to KPE (38hp)
Ruby- 9 damage to KPE (29hp)
Beatrice- 8 damage to KPE (21hp)
Dena- 2 damage to KPE (19hp)
Mieszko- 3 damage to KPE (16hp)
Gakuen- 2 damage to KPE (14hp)
Usagi- 2 damage to KPE (12hp)
Onako- 3 damage to KPE (9hp)
Ellette- 17 damage to KPE (KO)
Honey- 15 damage to (d2=1) KWM1 (45hp)
BB- 12 damage to KWM1 (33hp)
Yumi- 11 damage to KWM1 (22hp)
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x
Indigo- 13 damage to KWM1 (9hp)
Deirdre- 12 damage to KWM1 (KO)
Deady-x
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
George-x
Indead-x

KWM2-x
F. Turret1- (6d55= 26, 52, 11, 48, 54, 12) 24 remaining.
-5 damage to Iona (14hp)
-9 damage to MM3 (1hp)
-3 damage to Widget (20hp)
-7 damage to George (19hp)
-5 damage to DM2 (5hp)
-6 damage to Naru (10hp)
F.Turret2- (6d55= 53, 49, 28, 9, 49, 28) 24 remaining.
-3 damage to DM1 (7hp)
-4 damage to Indead (15hp)
-9 damage to Ella (10hp)
-4 damage to Finni (22hp)
-6 damage to Indead (9hp)
-10 damage to Ella (KO)
F. Turret3- (6d54= 43, 6, 15, 54, 25, 36) 24 remaining.
-7 damage to Deirdre (13hp)
-8 damage to Russet (11hp)
-6 damage to Denny (8hp)
-6 damage to DM3 (4hp)
-4 damage to Elizabeth (15hp)
-3 damage to Honey (21hp)
MM1-x
MM2-x
MM3-x
DM1- 2 damage to (d48=47) George (17hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d48=29) Beatrice (11hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d48=16) Rainy (12hp)
MRS1:12-x

Nitori-x

Emerald- 17 damage to KWM2 (43hp)
Akira- 11 damage to KWM2 (32hp)
Bell- 13 damage to KWM2 (19hp)
Chris- 10 damage to KWM2 (9hp)
Dom- 11 damage to KWM2 (KO)
--Russet- 10 damage to (d12=2) MRS2 (15hp)
Henna- 11 damage to MRS2 (4hp)
Vanice- 8 damage to MRS2 (KO)
Finni- 7 damage to (d11=6) MRS7 (18hp)
Vanda- 7 damage to MRS7 (11hp)
Widget- 7 damage to MRS7 (4hp)
Naru- 9 damage to MRS7 (KO)
Alex- 4 damage to (d10=9) MRS11 (21hp)
Morte- 16 damage to MRS11 (5hp)
Denny- 5 damage to MRS11 (KO)
Rainy- 5 damage to (d9=2) MRS3 (20hp)
Pebbles- 5 damage to MRS3 (15hp)
Telma- 7 damage to MRS3 (8hp)
Sue- 4 damage to MRS3 (4hp)
Koreka- 4 damage to MRS3 (KO)
Chiko- 9 damage to (d8=4) MRS6 (16hp)
Levina- 7 damage to MRS6 (9hp)
Yumiko- 4 damage to MRS6 (5hp)
Fabrizia- 5 damage to MRS6 (KO)
Elizabeth- 6 damage to (d7=3) MRS5 (19hp)
Iona- 6 damage to MRS5 (13hp)
Mallea- 6 damage to MRS5 (7hp)
Ruby- 10 damage to MRS5 (KO)
Beatrice- 8 damage to (d6=2) MRS4 (17hp)
Dena- 3 damage to MRS4 (14hp)
Mieszko- 2 damage to MRS4 (12hp)
Gakuen- 3 damage to MRS4 (9hp)
Usagi- 2 damage to MRS4 (7hp)
Onako- 3 damage to MRS4 (4hp)
Ellette- 19 damage to MRS4 (KO)
Honey- 16 damage to (d5=4) MRS10 (9hp)
BB- 12 damage to MRS10 (KO)
Yumi- 12 damage to (d4=2) MRS8 (13hp)
Frances- 10 damage to MRS8 (3hp)
Quinn- 12 damage to MRS8 (KO)
Janice- 12 damage to (d3=1) MRS1 (13hp)
Indigo- 13 damage to MRS1 (KO)
Deirdre- 13 damage to (d2=2) MRS12 (12hp)
Deady- 19 damage to MRS12 (KO)
Dead2- 15 damage to MRS9 (10hp)
Newdead- 14 damage to MRS9 (KO)
George- 11 damage to (d6=5) DM2 (-6hp, KO)
Indead- 9 damage to (d5=3) MM3 (-8hp, KO)

F. Turret1- (6d52= 11, 20, 29, 6, 37, 2) 18 remaining
-5 damage to Widget (15hp)
-3 damage to Koreka (11hp)
-9 damage to Beatrice (2hp)
-9 damage to Russet (2hp)
-10 damage to BB (15hp, armor damaged)
-4 damage to Akira (20hp)
F.Turret2- (6d52= 5, 35, 30, 22, 28, 18) 18 remaining
-10 damage to Dominique (14hp)
-3 damage to Ellette (21hp)
-5 damage to Dena (9hp)
-6 damage to Levina (18hp)
-3 damage to Ruby (18hp)
-6 damage to Telma (10hp)
F. Turret3- (6d52=22, 38, 13, 4, 27, 42)
-10 damage to Levina (8hp)
-8 damage to Yumi (11hp)
-7 damage to Alexandria (9hp)
-3 damage to Chris (21hp)
-9 damage to Mallea (10hp)
-5 damage to Indigo (11hp)
MM1-1 damage to Fabrizia (23hp)
MM2- 1 damage to Vanda(15hp)
DM1- 1 damage to Usagi(13hp)
DM3- 2 damage to BB (13hp)

Nitori- Shuts down F.Turret1

Emerald- 16 damage to (d4=2) MM2 (KO)
Akira- 11 damage to (d3=3) DM3 (KO)
Bell- 13 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (KO)
Chris- 10 damage to DM1 (KO)

DM2- Necrophobe
MM3- Necrophobe

F.Turret2- (6d48=37,46,8,34,22,36) 12 remaining
-5 damage to BB (8hp)
-10 damage to Newdead (24hp)
-8 damage to Vanice (11hp)
-6 damage to Onako (8hp)
-4 damage to Levina (4hp)
-4 damage to Honey (17hp)
F.Turret3- (6d48= 18, 41, 6, 45, 2, 32) 12 remaining
-8 damage to Telma (2hp)
-8 damage to Janice (20hp)
-6 damage to Russet (KO)
-8 damage to Dead2 (26hp)
-7 damage to Akira (17hp)
-9 damage to Gakuen (5hp)

Nitori- shuts down F.Turret2

F. Turret3- (6d47= 38, 42, 19, 31, 3, 32)
-7 damage to Frances (23hp)
-7 damage to Deirdre (11hp)
-8 damage to Koreka (3hp)
-7 damage to Gakuen (KO)
-3 damage to Bell (21hp)
-6 Damage to Usagi (7hp)

Nitori- shuts down F. Turret3

Victory
+1bxp to all active units.
2d3= 2,1: Conscripted MMB, DMB
Scouting.

Tabuki gains perk: Butterfly Swarm.

>> No. 154442
[x] Might as well meet up with Reimu.
[x] Finally deliver Mima's Letter.
>> No. 154443
[x] "The miko is a deliate subject for Satori. You understand I don't want to get on her bad side, considering I own my entire life to her."
[x] "Instead of one spell, make it two. One to recover an undead's strenght and one to reanimate the dead."
-[x] What future enemies are waiting in the deeper hells may remain a surprise, if you get these two spells.
>> No. 154444
[x] You're by no means eloquent, but please just listen. Satori explained the basics of the situation earlier. Seeing as you're a newcomer, you probably don't grasp the entire thing. But from what you understand, Okuu can't turn back, and she'll disappear if she doesn't get enough faith. Plus a god apparently has to operate bureaucratically for their clergy, if your conversations with Sakura were any indication. Okuu's really nice, and good at what she does, but she once almost dropped you into hell. Does Orin think she's ready for being a god, and is she prepared to help her if she's not getting enough faith or whatever?
-[x] Agree to help her if yes.
>> No. 154445
[x]Say you'll try, but you can't make any promises, as she said she was quite busy when you spoke with her a few days ago.
-[x]If Orin's willing to hear it, or is curious, report your own encounter. In particular, note that she claims that Okuu will eventually ascend on her own, but seems to be in something of a rush in spite of this.
>> No. 154446
> Tabuki gains perk: Butterfly Swarm.

What's this do?
>> No. 154447
>>154446
>Get: Send 40+ fairies into a single battle, and win, with Leadership 2+. In further battles, all fairy units receive +1 attack for every 20 fairies in battle. 21 or 39 would give +1 attack, where 40 would give +2. Zombie Fairies do not count towards this.

This is from the spreadsheet. The link is in /words/.
>> No. 154451
File 133163579455.jpg - (1.89MB , 4000x1057 , Fairy_Wave.jpg ) [iqdb]
154451
>Get: Send 40+ fairies into a single battle, and win, with Leadership 2+. In further battles, all fairy units receive +1 attack for every 20 fairies in battle. 21 or 39 would give +1 attack, where 40 would give +2. Zombie Fairies do not count towards this.

Fairy Wave Doctrine!
>> No. 154454
[x] "The miko is a deliate subject for Satori. You understand I don't want to get on her bad side, considering I own more than my life to her."
[x] "Instead of one spell, make it two. One to recover an undead's strenght and one to reanimate the dead."
-[x] What future enemies are waiting in the deeper hells may remain a surprise, if you get these two spells.
[x]Say you'll try, but you can't make any promises, as she said she was quite busy when you spoke with her a few days ago.
>> No. 154458
Reminder: Bargaining is a Charisma roll

Playing hardball in this situation isn't going to work, as there's nothing stopping Rin from getting off her butt to go talk to Sakura aside from her own feline laziness. You also can't really play hardball then turn around and say "no promises", but that's another matter.

Also, while a bit of it might be her lowered Cha talking, Rin didn't seem to care too much about how you got Sakura over there, so long as she was able to talk. This leads me to think it's going to be less asking to assist and more an interrogation.
>> No. 154460
[x] You're by no means eloquent, but please just listen. Satori explained the basics of the situation earlier. Seeing as you're a newcomer, you probably don't grasp the entire thing. But from what you understand, Okuu can't turn back, and she'll disappear if she doesn't get enough faith. Plus a god apparently has to operate bureaucratically for their clergy, if your conversations with Sakura were any indication. Okuu's really nice, and good at what she does, but she once almost dropped you into hell. Does Orin think she's ready for being a god, and is she prepared to help her if she's not getting enough faith or whatever?
-[x] If no, don't help her.
[x] "The miko is a deliate subject for Satori. You understand I'm reluctant to get on her bad side, considering all she's done for me."
[x] "Instead of one spell, make it two. One to recover an undead's strength and one to reanimate the dead."
-[x] What future enemies are waiting in the deeper hells may remain a surprise, if you get these two spells.


I don't see the contradiction between making sure Orin knows what she's doing and haggling.
>> No. 154461
>>>154458
Good point.

>>154460 here, new vote
[x] You're by no means eloquent, but please just listen. Satori explained the basics of the situation earlier. Seeing as you're a newcomer, you probably don't grasp the entire thing. But from what you understand, Okuu can't turn back, and she'll disappear if she doesn't get enough faith. Plus a god apparently has to operate bureaucratically for their clergy, if your conversations with Sakura were any indication. Okuu's really nice, and good at what she does, but she once almost dropped you into hell. Does Orin think she's ready for being a god, and is she prepared to help her if she's not getting enough faith or whatever?
-[x] Agree to help her if yes.
>> No. 154463
File 133165779963.jpg - (8.29KB , 150x135 , smiling_marshmallow_by_rimunitoba-d3889cx.jpg ) [iqdb]
154463
Marshmallow is the best thing that happened to us in a long time.
>> No. 154464
[x] "The miko is a delicate subject for Satori. You understand I'm reluctant to get on her bad side, considering all she's done for me."
[x] "Instead of one spell, make it two. One to recover an undead's strength and one to reanimate the dead."
-[x] What future enemies are waiting in the deeper hells may remain a surprise, if you get these two spells.
-[x] If she can't/doesn't really now how to reanimate the undead, another useful trincket is acceptable, specially if it's an armor against Ice, like that anti-fire robe.

I don't think now's the time to talk about Okuu's future godhood with Orin. For now, they will only have a chat/interrogatory, and Orin will probably only make up her mind on the matter later.
>> No. 154465
For reference: >>151401

If she's set on her course, there's not a whole lot Tabby can do by herself to change her mind. Don't make any hard agreements here, keeping things somewhat open gives you room to explore other options. Asking Emerald if there are any restrictions on who you can bring to the Fairy Market would be a good start on another possible option, as Rin would have interest in such a place and would likely make a good escort.
>> No. 154466
>>154465
Thank you for reminding me that this Rin is just using Tabuki. Got me fooled, 100%.
>> No. 154467
>>154466
Not really sure what you're trying to say here, but whatever.


On a general note, I feel like I'm going to have to explain my view on this a bit more clearly: You aren't going to be able to get more out of Rin here, especially not with the approach most of you are trying to use. With the ring, you got more because she wouldn't have been able to do the binding herself. Here? You're saving her a trip, nothing more.

Tell Rin you've spoken with her before and that she'd mentioned that she's busy most of the time, and while she'd be willing to make some time to talk if Rin went to her, she might not be able to find the time to travel out to the Hells and back again. If Rin's curious, feel free to recount your own meeting with Sakura in detail. Say you're willing to pass Rin's invitation to talk along, as Satori wouldn't really care about that, but you can't take the more... aggressive measures Rin was suggesting earlier, as your own proximity with Satori limits your options on the matter.

(Besides, between Sakura being in the underground for some time without getting munched on and her alleged status as a High Priestess, I imagine she'd be able to stomp any Fae sent to "collect" her)
>> No. 154469
>>154467

Unless you are >>154445 or Kahi in disguise, I suggest you either make a vote reflecting your belief or shut up. Telling others they are doing it wrong without offering a "better" option (in the form of a vote, of course) isn't much different than simple and annoying whinning.

If Orin really wants to go see Sakura that much, she would have done so earlier. If she thinks asking for an extra spell is too much, she will say so, and negotiations may begin again, or she gets off her lazy ass and do shit herself.
>> No. 154471
>>154469
>If Orin really wants to go see Sakura that much, she would have done so earlier

>>151401
>Currently occupied with wringing all the secrets and magical understanding she can manage from Kristoph's bound soul. Will soon return, however, to considering other matters.

"Soon" has arrived.

If you want to bargain you either need a way with words or some kind of leverage. Tabby has neither.
>> No. 154472
[x] don't try and weasel anything out of Orin. Just tell her what we know about Sakura.
>> No. 154527
Hmmm... Upon further review trying to weasel more out of Rin isn't bad in and of itself, as she'd probably just add more tasks to balance things out(and she seems to appreciate guts when it's not getting in the way of something she really wants), I think it's more how it's been worded that's bothering me.

So yeah, while I still think it's a bad idea, the whole Doom and Gloom thing has receded somewhat.


There's also the thing where people are assuming she just wants Sakura there to make a blind offer of assistance instead of preforming her own investigation/interrogation even after Rin said she wants you to bring Sakura up there and doesn't care what methods you use so long as she can talk, but that's another matter.
>> No. 154531
>>154527
>There's also the thing where people are assuming she just wants Sakura there to make a blind offer of assistance instead of preforming her own investigation/interrogation

Nah, more like we don't really care what Orin's gonna do with Sakura. We just want the spells.
>> No. 154533
[x] You're by no means eloquent, but please just listen. Satori explained the basics of the situation earlier. Seeing as you're a newcomer, you probably don't grasp the entire thing. But from what you understand, Okuu can't turn back, and she'll disappear if she doesn't get enough faith. Plus a god apparently has to operate bureaucratically for their clergy, if your conversations with Sakura were any indication. Okuu's really nice, and good at what she does, but she once almost dropped you into hell. Does Orin think she's ready for being a god, and is she prepared to help her if she's not getting enough faith or whatever?
-[x] Agree to help her if yes.
>> No. 154583
File 133218019877.jpg - (162.44KB , 400x606 , dccf6fa6cf02f7d6473bd0b298bd28a8bf0eb53d.jpg ) [iqdb]
154583
"The miko is a... delicate point, for Satori." Tabuki says, slowly. "You will understand that I'm not particularly eager to defy her, given matters. And... I may be putting this impolitely, I am not certain. But do you believe that Okuu is... ready, to achieve divinity, with everything that entails? Satori, I know, has her concerns. And unless I am mistaken, this is a path that cannot be turned away from, once walked."

"I don't think it will be a problem." Orin says, not answering the concerns raised regarding Satori's preferences.

".... I see. One thing you should know, though, from a prior encounter... the Miko seems assured that Okuu will ascend on her own, eventually, but seems eager to hasten the process."

"Well, she would be, wouldn't she?" Orin says grinning. "Because 'eventually'... that's a big gamble of time, ya know? Might happen tomorrow. Might happen a year from now, or ten. Maybe a hundred. Maybe five hundred. But it's gonna happen 'eventually'. Thing is, unless it hits inside a preeeetty narrow slice of 'eventually', even if a human's got ways and means of puttin' off their own eventuallys, then odds are kiiinda long against them seeing that thing happen themselves."

"You believe then... that her intention is to assure that Okuu's ascension happens within her lifetime, then?"

Orin shrugs.

"... Very well then. But rather than one spell... make it two, and let us dispense with forewarnings of battles to come." Tabuki says. "One to mend undead... and one to raise them."

.... Orin laughs in Tabuki's face. Like she had just heard the funniest joke in the world.

"No dice, kiddo." She says, when the mirth dies down. "You have my offer on th' table. You can take it, or Big Sis'll grab the lady when it's convenient later on, without your help. 'Sides. Say I do give you a spell like that. Whatcha gonna do with it?"

"... I would think that obvious." Tabuki answers.

"For sure, yeah. But you're missing something here, ya see. I give you the spell. You mess about with some old bones. And what? Ya gonna say for sure that whatever ya pull up's gonna be happy 'bout walking around 'stead of sitting and gathering dust? Gonna tell you a secret. Most corpses don't want ta do the whole rise-an-shine deal. And if ya ain't careful, they ain't got a problem lettin' ya know just exactly how not-happy they are ta be standin' up and walkin' about."

"Ah. Then what you're saying is... the spells to raise a corpse... do not neccessarily involve measures to enforce its servitude." Tabuki clarifies, eyebrows rising.

"Nooot a bit." Orin replies. "Lucky you, kiddo... Big Sis likes you enough to shoot that deal down, instead of goin' ahead with it and lettin' ya find that out on your own~"

Orin stretches languidly.

"Now, thing is... you never told me, here, whether that was a 'yes' or a 'no', kiddo." Orin says, lazily.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 154584
[x] Accept, then. Better than nothing.
[x] You'd still like to become a proper necromancer, though. What would take to have Orin help you with that?
>> No. 154585
See, nothing bad or catastrophic happened. Sometimes you guys worry too much.
>> No. 154586
>>154585

That's because it didn't have a Charisma roll, and we have a high enough influence with Orin.

> "Lucky you, kiddo... Big Sis likes you enough to shoot that deal down, instead of goin' ahead with it and lettin' ya find that out on your own~"
>> No. 154587
>>154585
I tend to do that from time to time. Sometimes it's justified! Sometimes... not so much. But yeah, like I said earlier I'd forgotten to factor in Orin having a sense of humor and being of favorable disposition, and there's no +Magic trinket on the line this time.

[x]You won't resort to more... forceful measures, but you'll do what you can to get her up here.
[x]Go pay Sakura another visit.

Bit brief, but Oath in Felghana's on Steam~

Love that Sound Team J.D.K.~
>> No. 154588
>>154586
We would've mastered it eventually and you know it.

[x] Accept, then. Better than nothing.
-[x] Thanks for the warning~
>> No. 154590
[x] Accept the deal. Orin will act on her own later anyway.
-[x] Ask for when is a good time to bring her.
-[x] Thanks Orin for the warning

Hopefully, Satori will not be too angry about this. Besides, if we're here, we can set some sort of 'damage control' over the matter should anything go wrong, unlike what could happen if Orin acted alone.
>> No. 154592
Rin's planning on talking to Sakura anyways, so as long as you don't use the more aggressive methods Rin suggested to get her over there, Satori probably won't care.
>> No. 154593
[x] Accept the deal. Orin will act on her own later anyway.
-[x] Ask for when is a good time to bring her.
-[x] Thanks Orin for the warning
-[x] Ask if she'd be up for a round of drinking/talking later on.
>> No. 154594
[x] Accept the deal. Orin will act on her own later anyway.
-[x] Ask for when is a good time to bring her.
-[x] Thanks Orin for the warning
[x] Go find Sakura
-[x] Tell her that a friend of yours (and Okuu) wants the same thing than her: To make the bird youkai trascend. And that she wants to meet at (INSERT ORIN'S PREFERRED TIME HERE)

All that Tabuki is saying is nothing but the truth, so I hope that she doesn't screw that up too much.
That said, Sakura has nothing to lose and everything to win by following our advice. So the only thing dangerous is Satori's reaction.

Are you guys ok with going forward with this?
>> No. 154595
>>154594
PS: For the record I AM sure. Simply because Orin will do this on her own soon enough anyway. We're just hastening the inevitable (and gaining a skill in the process)
>> No. 154607
[x] It's a yes, for the two spells. Knowing a spell is not the same as using/casting it.
[x] You'd still like to become a proper necromancer, though. What would take to have Orin help you with that?

You guys forget that can is not the same as will. The knowledge will be useful in the future, when we ask (and pay) for the obedience spell. Plus, we can practice it with small creatures, like the cave spiders, and have the troops smash it again, if we really need to test the spell.
>> No. 154608
[x] It's a yes, for the two spells. Knowing a spell is not the same as using/casting it.
-[x] But thanks very much for the warning.
[x] You'd still like to become a proper necromancer, though. What would take to have Orin help you with that?
[x] When does Orin want Sakura?
[x] What is the lightest weight you can keep an object at for the time it takes to cross the pit of lava?
-[x] If the answer is not zero, go practice gravity.

>>154607 makes a very, very good point.

By the way, we might be able to get some politics training off Sakura in exchange for taking her to meet Orin. Either in exchange for telling her about the meeting, or levitating/having some fairies carry a lightened Sakura across the pit of lava.
>> No. 154609
>>154607
Good point but.

>It's a yes for the two spells.
It's a yes for one or a no. Do not test her patience further.
>> No. 154610
>By the way, we might be able to get some politics training off Sakura in exchange for taking her to meet Orin. Either in exchange for telling her about the meeting, or levitating/having some fairies carry a lightened Sakura across the pit of lava.

Sakura probably knows how to fly. She is a miko, and is fairly older than the other two we're used to. Other than that, I think it's more beneficial to have her finally train miko fairies instead. Marshmallow may have the flashing sword, but she still is just one.
>> No. 154611
So according to Kahi in the chat, Orin's willingness to teach us both spells if she didn't like us was due to the fact that she'd get to watch us get torn apart by undead. Absent that pleasure, she doesn't care enough to give us such a high-level spell.

So yeah.

Anyway, >>154608 here, changing vote.
[x] Thanks very much for the warning.
[x] When does Orin want Sakura?
[x] What is the lightest weight you can keep an object at for the time it takes to cross the pit of lava?
-[x] If the answer is not zero, go practice gravity.

I'm still thinking we should get politics lessons.
>> No. 154613
>>154610
Oh yeah, good point. We'll have to do it by telling her about the meeting, then. If we do do it.

As for miko training, can't we have Marshmallow do it? After all, apparently all we need is "someone who already knows how to do what you want them to do" to make things happen faster.

Practicing gravity is still probably a good idea though.
>> No. 154615
You don't need to cart Sakura across the lava if it turns out she can't fly, Tabby controls all of the territories leading up to Rin's so she's free to walk there in (relative) safety.
>> No. 154616
>>154615

No one is gonna mess with Sakura.She survived all this time and her biggest problems was probably losing her posseions in a fire our fairies caused.
>> No. 154643
File 133245008259.jpg - (283.58KB , 850x743 , Salamander.jpg ) [iqdb]
154643
".... Very well then. I'll see what can be done to arrange a meeting." Tabuki says. "And... thank you for the warning."

"Alright then, kiddo!" Orin says, paying more attention now. "Bring her around any time I'm here, and I'll teach ya that spell once I'm done talking to her, alright? For now listen close. I'll be tellin' ya what I promised in advance. Part-pay. Clean your ears good, yeah?"

Tabuki nods and pays close attention.

"Alright, local hazards. You've seen hounds an' all the dead stuff, right? Not talking about them. What I'm telling ya 'bout now? Salamanders. Ya gotta be careful 'bout those, once you start getting in a little deeper."

"Salamanders...?"

"Not the little pond-lizards I'm talkin', here. Fake dragons." Orin explains. "They live in th' lava, don't really have to come up to breathe much. You'll probably never know they're there, 'less they decide to pop up. Might be as one's napping near a hot-spot for one of your fairy turf-wars, might not. Might be as a fight'll get their attention and bring'm in, maybe not. Depends. They do, though, y'might just want t' call it a day an head back home til they leave."

"They're strong, then." Tabuki notes.

"Eh." Orin says, noncommitally. "... Well, for yourself, for fairies, probably. But not so much as they're just a huge pain to fight. Beat 'em nearly to death, but give 'em half a chance, they'll slink back into the lava for a bit and heal really damn fast from it, and if ya use fire on'm, they'll heal from that too. If ya can't finish it off right quick, you'll end up almost killin' the little jerks over and over, while they keep spittin' fire at you and clawing and biting you up. Like I said, huge damn pain to fight."

"... That sounds unfortunate." Tabuki notes.

"Yeah, and like I said, 'less they're hangin' out on the rocks, you'll never notice whether one's there or not 'til they jump up ready to take a bite outta ya. But any case, that's my part of things, for now. I'll be waitin' for yours." Orin says.

Without another word, she turns and shifts into a more feline form, yawns, and slinks over to stretch across a rock, lazily. Tabuki gets the strong feeling that she's just been dismissed.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 154645
[x] Go look for Sakura.
>> No. 154647
[X] Go look for Sakura.
[X] Be prepared to pay for her time though, if it comes to it.
[X] Try and see if you can remember a song to sing you while you do so.

That last part is just because I want to see what Kahi will have her sing.
>> No. 154648
>That last part is just because I want to see what Kahi will have her sing.

You're fucking joking, right?
>> No. 154650
>>154647
Well, you have my bow.

[X] Go look for Sakura.
[X] Be prepared to pay for her time though, if it comes to it.
[X] Try and see if you can remember a song to sing you while you do so.
>> No. 154651
[x]Go look for Sakura


Tabby's all of a month old, I'm not really sure what you're expecting with that.
>> No. 154652
[X] Go look for Sakura.
[X] Be prepared to pay for her time though, if it comes to it.

Let's get that spell out, so Ash can be more useful.
>> No. 154653
>>Well, you have my bow.

And my Axe!

[X] Go look for Sakura.
[X] Be prepared to pay for her time though, if it comes to it.
[X] Try and see if you can remember a song to sing you while you do so.
>> No. 154654
[X] Go look for Sakura.
[X] Be prepared to pay for her time though, if it comes to it.

>>154650
>>154653
That's an old and tired reference. Let it die in peace.
>> No. 154659
[X] Go look for Sakura.
[X] Don't be prepared to pay for her time. She wants this meeting as much as you do. Probably more.

Yeah, let's go be willing to pay the person way better at reading people than us. She'll milk us for all she can.
>> No. 154667
[x] Go look for Sakura
[X] You're not going to pay her for a favor you are doing.

What the hell are you thinking? Sakura is the one receiving a favor/service, not Tabby. Sakura doesn't charge for her time, only for her service. Just reread the meeting with her, if you don't believe me.
>> No. 154670
I have to note all of these votes for and against payment are rather premature.
>> No. 154675
>>154670

This.

[x] Go look for Sakura
>> No. 154680
[x] Go look for Sakura, this is a favor to her as much as it is to Orin.
If you don't vote for a sub-option, THAT is a vote against it.
And yeah, Sakura wants this even more than us or Orin.
I hope this gets us in her graces.
>> No. 154784
File 133279419244.png - (20.41KB , 338x439 , FireChambersOldHell.png ) [iqdb]
154784
Sakura isn't particularly difficult to locate, as she's in the same place as she was the last time Tabuki found her.

This time, of course, she is accepting coinage from a youkai with a large, bloodstained hole on both sides of his shirt, of course, but then Tabuki supposes that not everything about the situation can be the same every time. She conceals it about her person as he leaves.

"Ah... once more, I see." She notes, eyeing Tabuki speculatively. "Are you in need of my services?"

"There's someone who very much wants to speak with you." Tabuki replies.

"... I see. I presume this will be an appointment worth the time?"

"I think so, yes. I'm sure you will too. Kaenbyou Rin is waiting a short distance into the hells."

"The kasha..." Sakura muses, thoughtfully, then rises from her seat. "Very well, I will speak with her immediately."

Whether she can fly or not, the Miko walks the distance, not showing any particular hurry to get there. Tabuki follows along, less to assure her safety, and more to be present and available for the spell she's owed.

Conversation ensues, and from a small distance away, to allow privacy, Orin looks alternately pleased and displeased as it progresses. Sakura's expression remains perfectly neutral throughout. After some time, though, an agreement seems to be reached between them, and Tabuki moves into audible range again.

"... power is yet limited. However, I will show you this, a small miracle." Sakura says, drawing a long, intricate paper ward from her sleeve.

She flings it at an empty patch of air, where it halts, and a ray of sunlight shines down through the.... solid stone, above. An outline forms, and then a huge, walled wooden temple slowly fades, then flickers, into view, settling into place. Sakura looks particularly fatigued by the effort.

"Hey, now, try not ta be having people in and out all hours, yeah? This's still my napping spot." Orin points out.

"Such decisions... are largely not at my discretion to make. But those who flock to partake of the Yatagarasu's grace." Sakura says, weariness clear in her voice. "You will simply have to suffer the passage of pilgrims and they who seek healing... as I will be forced to suffer your continued presence, and that of your abominations."

"Yeah, not big on the sharing deal myself. Didn't exactly leave much choice, tho'."

"A location of sufficient spiritual meaning... without being too far out of the way of they who seek it. This spot was ideal." Sakura continues. "It will, of course, take some time for the shrine to acclimate itself to the new location..."

Sakura enters the shrine without further conversation, and Orin makes a soft 'tch' noise. ... Tabuki supposes that the miko can be located here, for the foreseeable future.

More importantly, she is owed a spell. And collection time is now.

Orin is more than happy to drill the new knowledge relentlessly through Tabuki's skull. Several hours pass, in doing so.

".... This spell." Tabuki says, exhausted at the end of it. "It seems... fairly close to healing? Could it be used on living beings as well as...?"

"... You're a smart one." Orin says, considering her thoughtfully. "Yeah. In lots'a cases... 'healing magic' and 'necromancy' are actually real closely related. The main difference bein' 'how kind you're doing it'. Well, it's a bit more'n that, though. You 'heal' someone, an' what you're doing is set in two bits. First, speedin' up natural healing of stuff. Second, givin' a big chunk of your own energy to feed what it takes to keep that level of healing goin'. But since it needs some kind of healing to already be there, usually, you gotta work crazy hard to make it work on things that don't heal on their own. 'Necromantic healing', though, 's a different story. You're basically... shoving all th' bits back in th' right place and sticking 'em with strong magic glue. Works independent of whether a guy'd heal any on his own or not. So yeah... you can use it on livin' folk."

Orin pauses to smirk.

"... S'long as ya don't mind the screamin', anyway." She finishes.

---

Learned: Minor Mending- cost 25mp. Heals an undead unit for (1d6*Mag)hp. Can be used to heal living units, however, healing effects are lessened to ((1d6*Mag)/2) and the unit has a 50% chance of being incapable of taking a battle action, following the healing. Should they become incapable of fighting, every round they will have a 10% chance of remaining incapable of battle, continuing until they manage to rise and fight again. Can only be used to target your own units.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 154787
>>154784
>Can only be used to target your own units.

Aww~
>> No. 154796
Well, seeing as Tabby's in the general area...

[x]Thank Orin, this will be quite useful.
[x]Head for the Labs.
[x]If Nitori's available, see if you can't take another crack at learning some Engineering; and maybe ask if there's any way of knocking out, or at least temporarily disrupting, the various turrets without blowing them up in the process.
[x]If Nitori's not available, see if Okuu's free for a chat, delving further into the realms of higher-end physics can't hurt.
[x]If neither is available, go read... Rune of Doom.

I'm also partial to picking up the Chemistry book, or hunting down the bookstore.
>> No. 154797
Are we ever going to deliver Mima's letter?
>> No. 154798
>>154797
Deliver what?
>> No. 154799
>>154797
That would require surface access. Though I suppose you can ask Nitori if she knows anything about the forest and go from there.
>> No. 154801
>>154798
Mima's letter. The thing we have to deliver to Marisa in order to be taught higher-level magic from Mima, potentially giving us a much greater edge at less cost in the long run. We've had it for quite a while.

>>154799
Right. That would probably work.
>> No. 154803
File 133283355484.png - (10.05KB , 513x293 , Tunnels V (5).png ) [iqdb]
154803
>>154799
We are on the brink of acquiring it, either through Nitori or through tunnels V. From our last scouting report:

>>153891
>Scouting XXIV: Sunlit Aperture
>> No. 154806
>>154803
Are you sure that's wise? If we conquer an entrance to the surface (which can be quite hard to spot from there) we may actually give the enemies a new way to break into our area (besides Cirno's entrance, the rest is guarded by the bridge guardian, Nitori or Lily White, unless I'm forgetting one...)

Question to Kahi for the endthread, I guess.



[x] Follow Sakura into the shrine. You're interested in the details of her agreement with Orin, if at least so not to disturb them.
-[x] Go back, read finance book.

Let's hope this book help us with our... economy.
>> No. 154809
>>154137
While another front would be harder to defend I don’t really think we have the option of leaving it neutral. Sooner or later someone is going to discover the entrance and I would rather have it to scout the surface than give it to the enemy so that they can scout tunnels V.

As for our current frontline, see >>154137

5 of our territories are bordering Cirno.
2 of our territories are bordering Sunny, and 3 of them are in danger of being cut off.
2 of our territories are bordering whoever has control of the fairies in tunnels II.
1 of our territories are bordering Lily.
>> No. 154810
[x] Follow Sakura into the shrine. You're interested in the details of her agreement with Orin, if at least so not to disturb them.
-[x] You would like to claim dominance over the fairies of Catnap Hills. You will eventually speak with orin about it, but since the shrine now lies there, it is prudent to discuss details of your, hopefully only distubance.
[x] Then visit Nitori and retry that Engineering class again, if she has the time to spare.
[x] If there's still time, read the finance book.

Now we need to please two people in order to invade this place.
>> No. 154811
>>154810
Seriously, let sleeping cats lie. There's no real point in taking the place, and Orin isn't Yuugi, so don't get your hopes up on that front either.
>> No. 154812
>>154811
>There's no real point in taking the place, and Orin isn't Yuugi, so don't get your hopes up on that front either.

You can't really say there's nothing to be gained there. And Orin isn't the only one there now, there's also Sakura and her shrine.

[x] Follow Sakura into the shrine. You're interested in the details of her agreement with Orin, if at least so not to disturb them.
-[x] You would like to claim dominance over the fairies of Catnap Hills. You will eventually speak with orin about it, but since the shrine now lies there, it is prudent to discuss details of your, hopefully only distubance.
[x] Then visit Nitori and retry that Engineering class again, if she has the time to spare.
[x] If there's still time, read the finance book.
>> No. 154816
There's nothing stopping Tabby from going up and talking to either of them, you don't need to take the territory to interact with them. The only thing she'd gain from taking the place is a single extra fairy to throw around.

I get this feeling that some of you have the rather bizarre notion that taking their territory will somehow force them to give you stuff. Territory or no, they are under no obligation to assist you. What Tabby can or can not get from them depends on whether or not they like her, and pestering them over their territory without a good reason will most likely cause a rather large step back in that regard.

Now, if you talk to Sakura and she expresses interest in having some fairies to boss around? Then you can go to Rin and ask about the territory, as it would then match up with her own goals. Secure a good reason for taking the place before chasing after it; otherwise, don't bother, it's really not worth the trouble.


tl;dr- Stop putting the cart before the horse.



(I also think it's kind of odd and/or rude to hang back and give them privacy while they talk, then turn around and ask Sakura for all the details, but it's worded in such a way that you're just trying to avoid stepping on any toes, so I'll leave that be)
>> No. 154817
[x]Thank Orin, this will be quite useful.
[x]Head for the Labs.
[x]If Nitori's available, see if you can't take another crack at learning some Engineering; and maybe ask if there's any way of knocking out, or at least temporarily disrupting, the various turrets without blowing them up in the process.
[x]If Nitori's not available, see if Okuu's free for a chat, delving further into the realms of higher-end physics can't hurt.
[x]If neither is available, go read... Rune of Doom.
>> No. 154818
>>154816
>I get this feeling that some of you have the rather bizarre notion that taking their territory will somehow force them to give you stuff.

Not at all. I just want to take the territory and recruit the veteran mooks. But since Orin and her minions are listed in the scouting reports, there's the chance that they will fight back.
>> No. 154820
>>154818
Fair enough, but others that have wanted to take the place in the past have either implied or outright stated that they were expecting a repeat of what happened at Yuugi's bar, which is dumb. But yeah, if you manage to dig up a good reason for Rin to sit things out, she'll probably call off her bony friends as well.

Hmm, that reminds me, need to talk to Emerald to find out if there are any restrictions on who can be brought along as an escort to the Fairy Bazaar. Orin might be interested in going if Emerald clears it.

And for what it's worth, Mook is a terrible class, and seeing as XP resets when changing classes starting out at Vet won't mean a whole lot in the long run.
>> No. 154821
>>154820

Seeing how fast (slower than turtle) we're changing classes, it might be worthy.
>> No. 154844
>>154820
Considering we got the "Butterfly Swarm" perk, I think we need to take the Oni challenge. After all, every fairy gets a 2+ to their attack if we send them all in this fight, and we know we could win this fight even before that bonus is taken into account. So what should we bet?
>> No. 154845
>>154844
That's the thing. We don't HAVE much to bet.
>> No. 154847
>>154845
...let's bet the Negotiator.
>> No. 154848
Eh, talk to Yuugi about it, she and Tabby might be able to hammer out an alternative bet.
>> No. 154859
File 133313573170.png - (142.71KB , 936x498 , ContainmentChambers.png ) [iqdb]
154859
Tabuki heads into the shrine, eying the interior with some interest. Sakura is lighting some sort of ceremonial flame, and sprinkles a small amount of some scented oil over the wood as a tiny light catches. It swiftly grows into a respectable blaze, that doesn't seem to be consuming any of the wood it feeds upon.

Sakura claps twice, bows towards the flame, and steps back ritualistically before she turns her attention to you.

"Hm... I was expecting you would wait a time. But I suppose you've come about that? With this advancement towards my goals... I am able to spare the time to train and induct some number of assistants. Four, at most. I will waive the involved tithes, as you have done me a service in alerting me to this meeting. The ceremonies and processes will take several days, of course..."

"That is good to hear." Tabuki notes. "It's... not exactly what I came to ask about, but even so. I had actually wished to ask about the terms of your agreement with Orin."

"... That's really nothing to concern yourself with, is it? In the end, the thrust of it is a loose agreement of assistance, and non-interference where that does not apply."

"I see. I have some interest in claiming dominance over the local fae..."

"My. As I understand it, involving this area in your game would be something of a disturbance." Sakura notes. "... Hm, yes, I'm afraid that I would have to oppose you in such a case, as the kasha would. In defense of the local tranquility of the area, if not for personal amusement, as would be her goal."

".... I see. Unfortunate." Tabuki replies.

Probably too late in the day to bother Nitori. Instead, Tabuki makes her exit and heads directly back to the Palace, and there seeks out the Library.

Mathematical finance.

It's an intriguing read, and buries the seed of an idea in her mind. 'Investment'. Generally an already-rick person's game, and a complicated morass of debt and repayment, but perhaps it can be simplified to...

She heads to bed, the thought lingering on her mind, and wakes in the morning having come to a conclusion.

---

Investment 1- Tabuki may now opt to discuss investing her money in other people's businesses. As the inexperienced amateur she is, the rates she may recieve are generally very low. Standard gains from this level are 0.5% of the investment daily, though attempts can be made to recieve better rates from businesses. Such attempts are somewhat dependent on the proprietor's disposition towards her, of course, and a failed attempt runs the risk of lowering that disposition.

For the sake of simplicity, all investments are to be made in lump sums divisible by ten. Preferably in groups of 'x' hundred. As such, at this rate, 100 silvers invested recoups you 1 silver every other day. 200: 1/day, and 400: 2/day.


Scouting Reports:

Labs-4
Kappa Practical Engineer x2 (home-made revolvers), Kappa Scientist x1 (Gun?), Improved AI Toxin Despensor x4, Improved AI Mini-Cannon x2, Improved AI Flechette Turret x1, Mini Robo Spider x12, Self-Repaired? Robo Spider x2

Recieved 2 Housemaid Uniforms from Lopez.
Had 1 Miko Cosplay repaired.

[Winter Horsemaiden] shifted class to Barmaid.
[Tokkiki Bloodstone] is still unavailable for 1 day.

Current silvers: 59


Injury Breakdown:

Tabuki: 100/100hp 7034mp
Meira- 120/120hp
Ash- 80/90hp
Barrier- 74/115hp
Lamia- 45/45hp

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
-- [ ]Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 150, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [ ] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Pick a fight.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Sakura
-- [ ] Healing: Current price = 2s per 1hp healed.
-- [ ] Utsuho [Influence/Perception]
-- [ ] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
---> Class: Miko- 12hp, 1d3+1 damage. [Sakura Training], Auto-[Assault], No Diety -> Diety: Yatagarasu.
-- [ ] Write-in.
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Fairie Bazaar trip. [Emerald + up to one other escort]
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship [Influence, Rank]
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus.
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels II area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 154862
Mmmm... Isn't it about time to do something about the negotiator? At this point, even a late ransom would probably be better than just keeping her. As soon as she's free, trouble will be headed our way anyway. May as well get something out of her freedom anyway.
>> No. 154863
Good job not talking to Orin before, guys. Now Sakura is an opponent too.
>> No. 154867
I'd like to see what the non-typed spirits might do when bound to something, and I think I remember hearing about another spirit type available in the labs, so that might be worth looking into as well.

Oh, and don't forget to top Ash off.

>>154864
Your war vote, as written, would send Ash, Ain, Soph, and the Lamia in by themselves. Might want to fix your wording.

I'd actually suggest hitting something else and talking to Nitori about, amongst other things, seeing if there are ways to shut down/disrupt the turrets without blowing them up in the process.


Hmm, should also think of things for the bonus.
>> No. 154869
Fixed the vote, since apparently I did a huge and lethal mistake there. Thanks for warning me.
---
[x] Bind Eath Spirit into Marshmallow's shield, or a dark spirit into one of Hennah's axes.
[x] Read a book
-[x] Principles of Semiconductor Devices.

[x] War plans:
-[x] Invade Labs-3 with everyone that's a fairy, except Marshmallow. Roll strategy. Focus on the kappa first, then robot spiders, and then any still active/loaded automated system, and finally the fairies.

Well, Catnap Cliffs are now impossible for us. With Orin, there at least was the possibility of striking a deal.
>> No. 154870
File 133314527390.png - (197.25KB , 2507x835 , OOB15_Proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
154870
War Vote:
Aiming to get two territories and refine some of our increasingly huge supply of mooks.

Maintenance:
[X] Unstation Olivia and Natalie from garrison duty.
[X] Station Pebbles in TV-1.
[X] Unstation Ciarra from TV-1.
[X] Equip Miko Cosplay to Gauken.
[X] Miko training: Usagi, Onako.
[X] Brawl Training: Ciarra, Telma, Sue, Koreka (-20s).
[X] Heal Ash with our new undead healing spell.
[X] Heal BARRIER.

Troop movements:
[X] Speak with Nitori
-[X] Ask her if she could disable the turrets in the following order: toxin, flechette, flechette, mini-cannon, mini-cannon.
[X] Roll strategy for Kappa Labs – Area 3
[X] Invade Kappa Labs – Area 3 with all free fairies except Deady.
-[X] Target priority: Single target each kappa down, then target down the spiders one at a time and finally target the fairies.
-[X] Tactics: On approach (round one): Rainy and Denny will cover Emerald and try to protect her from the mini-canon shots if they fire at her.
On contact (round two): Indead is to jam herself into the muzzle of the toxin dispensor turret in an attempt to block the barrage of poison needles. Marshmallow will heal and prioritize specialist units (Fire -----flingers, Yojimbos and brawlers) over mooks and KOed units over alive ones.

[X] Invade Tunnels VI – Area 4 with: Meira, Ain, Soph, Ash, Deady, BARRIER, and lamia.
-[X] Target priority: Single target each spider down, then target down the bats, then the fairies.
-[X] Tactics: BARRIER will protect Meira and the Lamia from the poisonous spiders and any unit who falls below 50% HP.

Need someone to proofread this as there is bound to be some errors or inefficiencies in it.
>> No. 154872
>>154870
I'd wait to heal BARRIER for the time being, it's still high enough that the fight won't destroy it, and the cost to fix it is the same regardless of how injured it is. Oh, and I'd suggest setting a bodyguard or two for Buttons, lest a random cannon shot knock her out. Should also make sure the zombie fairies don't pile in and overkill a Kappa, thinking on it.

Oh, and it should be noted that the Miko training only looks to be free for the first group trained. I mean, two's fine as it'd be finished quicker(and my paranoia's worried about that [Sakura Training] tag), it's just something to keep in mind.
>> No. 154873
Bah, always remembering things to add after I've already posted.

[x]Bind a Weak Spirit to Akira's 2H PM Sword
[x]Talk to Nitori
-[x]Engineering
-[x]Ask if there are ways to shut down or disrupt the turrets without blowing them up.
-[x]Nitori obviously spends time up on the surface, you may as well ask if she knows anything about the Forest of Magic, or, better yet, the person you need to deliver it to.
[x]While you're at the labs, check to see if there are any other spirit types present.


Also want to talk to Yuugi about finding buyers for the other critter corpses you're generating on your conquests, alternate bets, and perhaps even investment advice(and maybe even advice on how to best apologize to Parsee), but that can wait for later. Might be able to squeeze a book or some skill exercise in afterwards.
>> No. 154875
>>154872
>Oh, and it should be noted that the Miko training only looks to be free for the first group trained. I mean, two's fine as it'd be finished quicker(and my paranoia's worried about that [Sakura Training] tag), it's just something to keep in mind

We should totally train 4 fairies then. Doesn't amtter how long it takes, free stuff is always nice. Since Sakura trains offensive mikos and mikos can use many kinds of weapons, it would be wise to change our Battle Scarred fairies
>> No. 154877
[x]Bind a Weak Spirit to Akira's 2H PM Sword
[x] Sakura
-[x] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
--[x] Ruby, Telma, Narutaru and Morte. Unequip them before sending to train.
[x] Nitori
-[x] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-[x]Ask if there are ways to shut down or disrupt the turrets without blowing them up.
-[x]Nitori obviously spends time up on the surface, you may as well ask if she knows anything about the Forest of Magic, or, better yet, the person you need to deliver it to.
[x]While you're at the labs, check to see if there are any other spirit types present.

[x] War plans:
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Heal Ash.
-[x] Unstation Xerxissa and Natalie Lan
-[x] Equip: PM Breastplate on Bellflower, PM Large Shield and Copper Mace on Alexandria, PM Spike Gauntlets on Denny and the Copper Rod on Yumiko.
[x] Battles:
-[x] XXIV: Akira, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Henna, Vanice, Alexandria, Yojimbo, Fire Flingers, Ash, Lamia, BARRIER.
--[x] Ash and Fire Flingers Focus on both Lattice Bones. Lamia, Yojimbos and MMs focus on the Stray Hound, then the spiders. BARRIER protects Lamia. Roll strategy
-[x] CC1: Meira, Emerald, Brawlers, Zombies, Marshmallow, Lost Spirits and everything left of the MMs and all the DMs.
--[x] Marshmallow heals Meira and Emerald whenever necessary. Meira kills the Hellhound first, then the aZFs and ZFs. DMs assist Meira with the Hellhound, if necessary. FFs and avaiable DMs focus on the spirits and then support the melee group. Melee group focus the enemy zombies.

We should able to win both battles easily. Marshmallow will make sure Meira stays alive, and there is enough damage to kill the spirits and zombies before they can do any significant harm.

And yes, I'm sending Morte tot rain with Sakura, along other battle-scarred fairies. 7 turns is a long time, but they shuld become much stronger than normal considering Sakura trains offensive mikos. If their perfomance is sub-par, or if better classes are unlocked, we can change them again.
>> No. 154878
>>154877

Forgot something important. Please add this to the maintence orders:

[x] Force the naked housemaids to wear clothes again and equip the uniforms on them.
>> No. 154879
>>154878
...if the housemaids were working Naked, there would have been comments on it, either from Emerald wanting to stay home and enjoy the view, or Satori on how "We need to take better care of our forces."
>> No. 154884
>>154875
Mikos are for healing, not fighting. I think.
>> No. 154886
>>154884
There are three Miko subdivisions. Think of them as the Three H's. Healing, Harming, and Helping (or more appropriately, Healing, Offense, and Support). Having a specific god will in turn affect what sort of abilities that these mikos will have with each class subdivision. So a miko that worships a certain Goddess of the Sun might in turn result in fire natured abilities, certain ability effects, and certain immunities/weaknesses developing as a vague example.
>> No. 154887
>>154884

There's a reason why Miko can equip swords and heavy armor (at least breastplate).
>> No. 154892
File 133319162911.png - (669.84KB , 3009x1391 , OOB15_Proposed_plan_of_attack_2a.png ) [iqdb]
154892
>>154877
Tsk, seems like I’m going to get outvoted, let’s see what you have concocted.

>Miko training: Ruby, Telma, Narutaru and Morte. Unequip them before sending to train.

I dislike this. There is merit in turning Morte into another class since a unit with the [Survivor] perk counts as being one level higher when HP and dmg is calculated, but there is no such benefit from [Battle Scarred]. There’s a tradeoff here:

Training: Telma, Narutaru and Ruby as Mikos would gain us:
- +2 Healing
- Slightly higher survivability for the first level (after this the bonus is insignificant).
- Higher damage concentration. This would be a benefit if we weren’t able to focus the enemy down one at a time.

We would lose:
- 22 points of XP reducing our total damage by 4 and our total HP by 20.

I think it would be better to promote inexperienced troops as long as we have that option.

> Unequip them before sending to train.
I could see Morte having a problem with this as it is more or less her items. At least promise her that she will get them back once the training is complete.

War plans: Strategy

You’re attacking the containment labs and the sunset aperture. The containment labs will get us closer to that weird skeleton thingie at LXIV and whatever benefits that will get us. Taking the sunlit aperture will finally give us access to the surface, and we will be one step closer to delivering Mimas letter. You might get a slight influence hit with Nitori for taking too long on the cleansing of the labs.

As for the distribution of troops, we are overstacked. In fact, I think we can invade TVI-4 in addition to LXIV and Sunlit aperture. Check the spreadsheet for details, your proposed plan is to the left, and my proposed modification is to the right. And if you wouldn’t like to attack another territory this turn at least consider the option of turning four MMs into brawlers. It should not affect our ability to take the containment labs.
>> No. 154893
>>154892
Oh, and one more thing: Ruby’s home territory is on the border to Cirno. It might not be wise to upgrade a unit that’s based in such a vulnerable location.
>> No. 154894
>>there is no such benefit from [Battle Scarred]
Uhm, "Battle Scarred" states that "Unit gains 2+ HP/Damage", it stacks, and the stacking of it ends at 3 (where it then becomes the Survivor trait). I'm thinking the reasoning behind choosing these four was to turn them into Offense Oriented Miko's, which get additional bonus perks of some sort for that class subdivision. The fact that in the long term they help Okuu when she ascends into Godhood doesn't hurt things either.

Any way the vote goes though, we should get four miko's out of this, and this is why I think your original vote lost a lot of steam here.

As for your advice regarding changes, I'm ok with this. I'll delete my previous vote and repost in some of your suggested changes.

[X] Equip the last 2 Housemaid Uniforms on the Housemaids currently without uniforms.
[X] On your way through the hells, bind a Weak Spirit to Akira's 2H PM Sword.
[X] Sakura
-[X] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
--[X] Ruby, Telma, Narutaru and Morte. Unequip them before sending them to train. Inform Morte that she will get ALL of her equipment back, but that you plan on enchanting some of them in the meantime, and plan on buying her upgraded versions of some of her armor/weapons when the opportunity presents itself.
[X] Nitori
-[X] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-[X] Ask if there are ways to shut down or disrupt the turrets without blowing them up.
-[X] Nitori obviously spends time up on the surface, you may as well ask if she knows anything about the Forest of Magic, or, better yet, anything about the person you need to deliver a certain letter to.
--[X] If the chance comes up, ask if it is possible if you could have a meeting arranged between Marisa and yourself.
[X] While you're at the labs, check to see if there are any other spirit or element types present.

[X] War plans:
[X] Maintence:
-[X] Heal BARRIER.
-[X] Heal Ash, if for no other reason than to get a feel for the spell.
-[X] Unstation Tiberia, and Olivia.
-[X] Equip: PM Breastplate on Bellflower, PM Large Shield and Copper Mace on Alexandria, PM Spike Gauntlets on Denny and the Copper Rod on Yumiko.
[X] Battles:
-[X] XXIV: Akira, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Henna, Vanice, Alexandria, the Yojimbos, the Fire Flingers, Lamia, and BARRIER.
--[X] Fire Flingers Focus on Lattice Bones. Lamia, Yojimbos and MMs focus on the Stray Hound, then the spiders. BARRIER protects Lamia. Roll strategy
-[X] Containment Chambers, Area 1: Meira, Emerald, the Brawlers, Marshmallow, the Lost Spirits and everything left of the MMs and all the DMs.
--[X] Marshmallow heals Meira and Emerald whenever necessary. Meira kills the Hellhound first, then the aZFs and ZFs. DMs assist Meira with the Hellhound, if necessary. FFs and avaiable DMs focus on the spirits and then support the melee group. Melee group focus on the enemy zombies.
-[X] TVI-4: Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Indead, and Ash are to take this territory. Crush all resistance!
>> No. 154896
>>154894
Perhaps I was unclear. I have nothing against training mikos, I just think we should promote based on safe location and lack of XP rather than the unit having [Battle Scarred].

Oh, and the Zombie battle group needs a target priority list: Bat -> Spider -> mook should do it.
>> No. 154897
>>154896

While XP on a mook is almost meningless, since their bonuses are too low, you have a valid point with safe home territories. However, the best way to defend our territories from Cirno, besides becoming friends/allies (since that seems too hard for Tabby), is to have strong troops to oppose her.

>Inform Morte that she will get ALL of her equipment back, but that you plan on enchanting some of them in the meantime, and plan on buying her upgraded versions of some of her armor/weapons when the opportunity presents itself.

Assuring Morte will have her items back is ok, but telling her we're going to buy new, more expensive stuff for her isn't a good idea. It's basically a promise to spend money on copper items; Copper Breastplate and Large Shield will cost 70 silver. That's slightly more than another two bronze swords to train new Yojimbos.

The new copper items will give 10 HP more than the current PM items, but the bronze swords will give an extra 10 damage to the army. Not only that, but a Yojimbo can strike on the first turn like a ranged unit, even on Conscript rank.

>Butterfly Swarm.
>[X] TVI-4

I had completely forgotten about that perk. The bonus damage from it indeed allow us to invade another territory.

Also, might I ask why Meira has a -1?
>> No. 154898
>>154877 and >>154878 here, I'm changing my original plans to accomodate a few of >>154892 suggestions.


[X] Equip the last 2 Housemaid Uniforms on the Housemaids currently without uniforms.
[X] On your way through the hells, bind a Weak Spirit to Akira's 2H PM Sword.
[X] Sakura
-[X] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
--[X] Ruby, Telma, Narutaru and Morte. Unequip them before sending them to train. Inform Morte that she will get her equipment back, if she can still use them.
[X] Nitori
-[X] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-[X] Ask if there are ways to shut down or disrupt the turrets without blowing them up.
-[X] Nitori obviously spends time up on the surface, you may as well ask if she knows anything about the Forest of Magic, or, better yet, anything about the person you need to deliver a certain letter to.
--[X] If the chance comes up, ask if it is possible if you could have a meeting arranged between Marisa and yourself.
[X] While you're at the labs, check to see if there are any other spirit or element types present.

[X] War plans:
[X] Maintence:
-[X] Heal BARRIER.
-[X] Heal Ash, if for no other reason than to get a feel for the spell.
-[X] Unstation Xerxissa and Natalie Lan.
-[X] Equip: PM Breastplate on Bellflower, PM Large Shield and Copper Mace on Alexandria, PM Spike Gauntlets on Denny and the Copper Rod on Yumiko.
[X] Battles:
-[X] XXIV: Akira, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Henna, Vanice, Alexandria, the Yojimbos, the Fire Flingers, Lamia, and BARRIER.
--[X] Fire Flingers Focus on Lattice Bones. Lamia, Yojimbos and MMs focus on the Stray Hound, then the spiders. BARRIER protects Lamia. Roll strategy
-[X] Containment Chambers, Area 1: Meira, Emerald, the Brawlers, Marshmallow, the Lost Spirits and everything left of the MMs and all the DMs.
--[X] Marshmallow heals Meira and Emerald whenever necessary. Meira kills the Hellhound first, then the aZFs and ZFs. DMs assist Meira with the Hellhound, if necessary. FFs and avaiable DMs focus on the spirits and then support the melee group. Melee group focus on the enemy zombies.
-[X] TVI-4: Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Indead, and Ash are to take this territory. Crush all resistance!
--[x] Focus first on bats, then spiders.

I made a few lterations to this alternate plan. I'm still unstationing Xerxissa and Natalie Lan instead of Tiberia and Olivia, having the Suvivor/Battle-Scarred fairies train with Sakura and changed removed the promise to enchant/buy better stuff to Morte. Also, more specific roders to the TVI-4 invasion group.
>> No. 154899
>>154897
>While XP on a mook is almost meaningless, since their bonuses are too low, you have a valid point with safe home territories. However, the best way to defend our territories from Cirno, besides becoming friends/allies (since that seems too hard for Tabby), is to have strong troops to oppose her.

Yes, it is almost meaningless, but not entirely. Throwing it away for no apparent gain is wasteful. You are right in that deterrence of Cirno require a high amount of strong troops opposing her, but you don’t need to promote the units in the territory right next to her to do that. You could just as easily promote a unit from a safer location and then garrison it at the border if that is your goal. Remember that the majority of our fairies have no loyalty to us, only to the rules of the game, and they will defect immediately after their home territory falls.

>Also, might I ask why Meira has a -1?
This is an artifact of taking into account the healing done last turn, but not the natural regeneration. It’s a mistake.
>> No. 154900
Personally, I wouldn't mind training a different, potentially smaller set of fairies as Assault Mikos, I just wanted to leave the labs alone for a turn to try to get more info out of Nitori before going back in.
>> No. 154902
>>154894 here. Adding in the strategy portion of the vote.

-[X] TVI-4: Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Indead, and Ash are to take this territory. Crush all resistance!
--[x] Focus first on bats, then spiders.
>> No. 154903
>>154899
There are only five fairies frely available with Battle Scarred. Henna, Ruby, Telma, Narutaru, and Beatrice. I'm willing to substitute Ruby for Beatrice, but honestly, I think this overall vote with the miko choice was sheer accidental genius. Why?

All of the Battle Scarred fairies get +2 to their attack. The HP bonus isn't worth commenting about at the moment. The Miko's get a dice increase (from d2 to d3) and an additional +1 to their damage at that. So right offhand the Miko's get 1d3+1+2, which is already superior to an Elite Mook, and that's BEFORE weapons, armor, or "Offense Oriented" Miko bonuses are added into the mix (and each god gives different bonuses for the three miko sub-classes according to Kahi). The only downside is a minor HP loss (which is somewhat offset by the 2+hp bonus due to the Battle Scarred trait), but the Damage increase I feel more than makes up for that here.

So if you want me to change Ruby to Beatrice in my vote, at least do me the favor of suggesting who to give her weapon and costume to.
>> No. 154904
>>154903

Better not change Beatrice to miko now, as she has been a few turns wearing the Wizardly outfit already. THe longer a fairy wears a uniform, the better the chances of her changing classes.

If she changes classes.
>> No. 154905
>>154903
>All of the Battle Scarred fairies get +2 to their attack. The HP bonus isn't worth commenting about at the moment. The Miko's get a dice increase (from d2 to d3) and an additional +1 to their damage at that. So right offhand the Miko's get 1d3+1+2, which is already superior to an Elite Mook, and that's BEFORE weapons, armor, or "Offense Oriented" Miko bonuses are added into the mix (and each god gives different bonuses for the three miko sub-classes according to Kahi). The only downside is a minor HP loss (which is somewhat offset by the 2+hp bonus due to the Battle Scarred trait), but the Damage increase I feel more than makes up for that here.

Ok, let me try this again.

We have 3 experienced mooks with battle scarred, they give us +3dmg and +15/ +4dmg and +20HP next turn. When you turn them into mikos that bonus is gone. If you instead promoted 3 0xp fairies, we would still get all the benefits of the mikos but we would retain 3 experienced mooks. I can really not see why this is a problem? If promoting changed the class from melee to first strike or if combat mikos had a damage multiplier I could see this fascination of promoting the battle scarred. But as it seems they have not I do not understand why you absolutely need to promote them specifically.

>So if you want me to change Ruby to Beatrice in my vote, at least do me the favor of suggesting who to give her weapon and costume to.

Do you even have the faintest idea of how long it takes me to proofread your vote, how long it takes me to chart the damage, check for errors etc.? I would think it would be quite easy for you to simply dump it on any other unit if you absolutely need to promote a battle scarred one.
>> No. 154908
>>154905
Traits such as "Battle Scarred" do not disappear with Class Changes (when it first popped up we asked Kahi about that, and he said no. Besides, one of our Yojimbos is Battle Scarred, and she got that way while she was a Mook). Classes are not associated with Traits, and Traits are not associated with Classes.
>> No. 154909
>>154908
I`m not saying that! Look at the bonus, look at the numbers. These are class based bonuses gotten from ranking up!
>> No. 154913
>>154909
Calm down, please.

Yes, I'm looking at the bonuses, the stats, and the numbers. Here's what I see. A conscript Miko with Battle Scarred 1 gets a damage roll of 1d3+1+2 (before adding in weapons). That's what I see. The current damage rolls for the BEST of these four particular faires as Average Mooks with BS1 is currently 1d2+1+2, and won't see an increase for at least eight more turns where it then becomes 1d2+2+2, and our mooks would be Veterans at that point. In comparison, it would only take five turns for the Miko's to surpass that (going from Conscript to Average rank).

A regular unarmed Conscript Miko is equal in damage to an unarmed Veterant Mook. An unarmed Conscript Miko with Battle Scarred 1 is more than equal in damage output to an unarmed Elite Mook. That is what I see, and the numbers look even better from there. So the breakdown for the damage totals look like this. Also, keep in mind that these numbers aren't accounting for the bonuses/weaknesses that come with the Miko having a patron deity, as Kahi hasn't given out any of the info for that yet.

Conscript Miko: 1d3+1
Conscript Miko with Battle Scarred 1: 1d3+1+2
Conscript Miko with Battle Scarred 2: 1d3+1+4
Conscript Miko with Survivor: 1d3+1+6

Average Miko: 1d3+2
Average Miko with Battle Scarred 1: 1d3+2+2
Average Miko with Battle Scarred 2: 1d3+2+4
Average Miko with Survivor: 1d3+2+6

Veteran Miko: 1d3+4
Veteran Miko with Battle Scarred 1: 1d3+4+2
Veteran Miko with Battle Scarred 2: 1d3+4+4
Veteran Mikowith Survivor: 1d3+4+6
>> No. 154915
Anonymous user 130: I really don't get why people are against class changing
Anonymous user 130: Even elite+ mooks just suck
Anonymous user 9730: They don't want to waste xp
Anonymous user 9730: Understandable in a way, but misguided here
Kahitora: XP put into the mook class is...
Anonymous user 130: Even wasting the XP is an increase
Kahitora: already kind of wasted.
Kahitora: /shrug.
Anonymous user 130: For example, a conscript Witch is better than a grandmaster mook, damage wise
>> No. 154916
>>154913
I’m sorry. I thought we were wasting more XP than we are currently doing, after checking the fairies again I see that they weren’t near what I could have sworn to have seen earlier today. I was wrong and I apologies for wasting everyone’s time.
>> No. 154918
>0.5% of the investment daily
Holy crap! That's 517% APR, or "just" 182% without reinvestment. Is this just so the returns are useful on the scale of the game, or is Tabby just awesome at investing?
>> No. 154930
[X] Equip the last 2 Housemaid Uniforms on the Housemaids currently without uniforms.
[X] On your way through the hells, bind a Weak Spirit to Akira's 2H PM Sword.
[X] Sakura
-[X] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
--[X] Ruby, Telma, Narutaru and Morte. Unequip them before sending them to train. Inform Morte that she will get her equipment back, if she can still use them.
[X] Nitori
-[X] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-[X] Ask if there are ways to shut down or disrupt the turrets without blowing them up.
-[X] Nitori obviously spends time up on the surface, you may as well ask if she knows anything about the Forest of Magic, or, better yet, anything about the person you need to deliver a certain letter to.
--[X] If the chance comes up, ask if it is possible if you could have a meeting arranged between Marisa and yourself.
[X] While you're at the labs, check to see if there are any other spirit or element types present.

[X] War plans:
[X] Maintence:
-[X] Heal BARRIER.
-[X] Heal Ash, if for no other reason than to get a feel for the spell.
-[X] Unstation Xerxissa and Natalie Lan.
-[X] Equip: PM Breastplate on Bellflower, PM Large Shield and Copper Mace on Alexandria, PM Spike Gauntlets on Denny and the Copper Rod on Yumiko.
[X] Battles:
-[X] XXIV: Akira, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Henna, Vanice, Alexandria, the Yojimbos, the Fire Flingers, Lamia, and BARRIER.
--[X] Fire Flingers Focus on Lattice Bones. Lamia, Yojimbos and MMs focus on the Stray Hound, then the spiders. BARRIER protects Lamia. Roll strategy
-[X] Containment Chambers, Area 1: Meira, Emerald, the Brawlers, Marshmallow, the Lost Spirits and everything left of the MMs and all the DMs.
--[X] Marshmallow heals Meira and Emerald whenever necessary. Meira kills the Hellhound first, then the aZFs and ZFs. DMs assist Meira with the Hellhound, if necessary. FFs and avaiable DMs focus on the spirits and then support the melee group. Melee group focus on the enemy zombies.
-[X] TVI-4: Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Indead, and Ash are to take this territory. Crush all resistance!
--[x] Focus first on bats, then spiders.

Changed vote to properly follow who I was already seconding.
>> No. 154938
Might I ask why people are insistent on healing BARRIER? It's not going to break during the next fight, and healing it every time it so much as gets a scratch is wasteful, given the potential costs.
>> No. 154948
[X] Equip the last 2 Housemaid Uniforms on the Housemaids currently without uniforms.
[X] Bind a Weak Spirit to Akira's 2H PM Sword.

[X] Miko Training: Once only, 4 max. Training lasts three days, +1 per unit. (1= 4 days, 4=7)
-[X] Ruby, Telma, Narutaru and Morte. Unequip them before sending them to train. Inform Morte that she will get her equipment back, if she can still use them.

[X] Read books
-[x] Return of the King.

[X] War plans:
-[x] That one that doesn't invade the labs this time.
>> No. 154955
File 133338096221.png - (5.70KB , 338x439 , MainPassageMap.png ) [iqdb]
154955
Looks like votes have come to a sort-of stop, and it's a bit past autosage. That means it's time for a Bonus!

Was delayed until I fixed a couple things on the spreadsheet, nothing huge just things I forgot to put in. The only bit that'll interest you probably is that, yes, you can bind a weak 'Metal' element in the lab, and once you capture a territory in the new Hells area, it opens you up to bind up to 'Moderate' fire instead of 'weak'.

Yes, that does mean I'll start being picky about how you put your votes to bind things, and 'x element' will just default to the weakest available thing~ So, I'd strongly suggest you specify element strength from this point.

Now, I'd think that's almost good enough for a bonus on its own. But let's go ahead.

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

D4 gets you... A 3. Okay, determining map... there you go. Main passage to the surface past Parsee's bridge. Probably nothing to it that'll hugely interest anyone, since it was already spilled that Sunny has control of this exit even if you get by Parsee somehow, but there you have it. Saves me from having to find a random picture to throw up for this, at least.

Happy voting~
>> No. 154956
>>154955

That map. We need to empower Tabuki ASAP and push Parsee down a bridge.

>Metal Element.

I'm interessted.

[x] Bonus Vote:
-[x] Background info: Yuugi
>> No. 154959
Or, you know, apologize for acting like some basement dwelling neckbeard with an entitlement complex and work to repair relations. And it should be done soon, because I imagine the price for forgiveness will go up as Sunny closes in.

If there are concerns over Tabby's abysmal Cha impairing efforts on that front, I imagine Yuugi could give some advice on the issue.


As for the bonus itself, I'm torn between examining the Parsee failure in greater detail, to see if there are any points Yuugi hasn't already explicitly spelled out that might be useful if an attempt to fix things is made, or going for info on Sunny, which should probably be done at some point considering both the shared borders and the Negotiator.
>> No. 154961
File 133338853592.jpg - (52.71KB , 640x480 , with a big sack of HOLIDAY CHEER and weapons.jpg ) [iqdb]
154961
Winter Horsemaiden: Leather Skirt redacted. Desires a 'beating stick'.
Indigo Hamza- Silk Vest.
Blackheart Bonebreaker- Better. Fucking. Armor. Without a hole in it.
Ellette- A robe.
Rhapsody Starlight- A rod.
Onako- Silk Stockings.
Denny Leafcutter- a sword of some kind.
Akira- Leather Pants.
>> No. 154962
I think Parsee would be a greater roadblock and deterrent than we could ever be, so leaving the bridge in her control may be the best thing we can do. There’s a danger though that we angered her enough for her to allow Sunny to take it, just to spite us.

Sunny is our most likely enemy at the moment since we kinda gave her a casus belli by kidnapping her diplomatic envoy. While it may not be enough for her to consider total war with us she doesn’t have to do much to really hurt us. Tunnels IV is quite vulnerable.
>> No. 154963
[X] 'Choice not Taken

[x] read demon and darkness
>> No. 154966
>>154962
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I'd like to patch things up a bit. While Sunny might leave the bridge alone for the time being, if the war heats up she might start making overtures to Parsee in order to open up another front, and where Tabby failed she may succeed. If relations between Tabby and Parsee are improved, that'll make it harder for Sunny to win Parsee over should she go that route.
>> No. 154968
[x] Advanced Scouting Report: Sub-Tunnels IV

We all want to know what's in these sub-tunnels, right? Instead of wasting Flingers/Zombies to capture and hold it's territories without even knowing if it's advantageous to do so, we can simply use the bonus.
>> No. 154969
>>154968
Great idea!

[x] Advanced Scouting Report: Sub-Tunnels IV
>> No. 154976
[x] Background info: Sunny.

If Sunny doesn't have enough support, then:
[x] Background info: Yuugi
>> No. 154978
[X] Advanced Scouting Reports: Koishi's drawers.
>> No. 155014
I might have gone along for a vote for more info on Sunny, but seeing as that only has one vote and we're tied up at the moment...

[x] Advanced Scouting Report: Sub-Tunnels IV
>> No. 155015
Usually I leave this sort of stuff to chart-anon, but I can't remember if I saw this earlier, and so am typing it up and posting it here instead. Here's a breakdown of the Leather and Spider-Silk "Armors".

L. Boots. HP+3. Cost is 10 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for just this item alone is 0.30
L. Pants. HP+5. Cost is 16 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for just this item alone is 0.31
L. Shirt. HP+6. Cost is 18 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for just this item alone is 0.33
L. Hat. HP+2. Cost is 8 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for just this item alone is 0.25
Total HP bonus for all four items is HP+16. Money Cost for all four items is 52 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for all of them is 0.30

Spider-Silk Stockings. HP+7. Cost is 25 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for just this item alone is 0.28
Spider-Silk Pants. HP+10. Cost is 28 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for just this item alone is 0.36 (rounded up).
Spider-Silk Blouse. HP+10. Cost is 25 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for just this item alone is 0.40
Spider-Silk Cap. HP+4. Cost is 12 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for just this item alone is 0.33
Total HP bonus for all four items is HP+31. Money Cost for all four items is 90 silvers. Cost Effectiveness for all of them is 0.34
>> No. 155017
File 133349661558.png - (11.24KB , 468x444 , Okay STIV.png ) [iqdb]
155017
Alright, Sub-Tunnels IV.

But you'll understand, I can't just completely avert the deliberately annoying features of areas like this.

As such, here you go. The territories of the area, including territory LX, and yes that is Copper, there.

However, when it comes down to figuring out the tunnels between them you're on your own, and you'll still be stuck with the usual limitations for taking and holding territories down here.

Good luck~
>> No. 155027
File 133352483288.png - (51.83KB , 970x540 , Stuff.png ) [iqdb]
155027
>>155015
Ah, yes. I actually did make it, I just never posted it for some reason. Here is the rest of the items.
>> No. 165913
Next Thread:

>>155039