[Return]
Archived thread

File 132700665847.jpg - (398.62KB , 1764x1724 , YatagarasuSMT.jpg ) [iqdb]
152503 No. 152503
"If you could... I would like to hear about the Yatagarasu." Tabuki said.

Sakura sat up a little straighter in her chair, suddenly more interested in the conversation.

"Hm... well, I'm afraid I don't make a habit of proselytizing, these days. Even so, I would be more than pleased. The Yatagarasu, great three-legged crow, is a close contemporary of Lady Amaterasu, both serving similar functions in relation to the Sun. Her authority is rather more general and widely known, of course, while the Yatagarasu fills rather more specific, but no less important roles. This is general knowledge, of course, and I do not mean to bore you by going into the particulars and minutiae of inter-pantheon relationships and twisted chains of authority and superiority."

"I would not be much troubled to listen to such a lecture..." Tabuki muses thoughtfully.

"Even so, the telling of it would continue until my tongue wore away to nothing, and barely the surface of things would have been revealed." Sakura said, shaking her head. "In continuing, I will simply say that the Yatagarasu is a known messenger of the Heavens, who makes clear intervention of a divine nature, within the realm of man. In a more specific sense, the Yatagarasu fuels and tends to the fires of the Sun itself, who's light shines down upon the world both to warm and protect the beloved and to sear and drive into hiding the accursed."

"In less poetic terms... manipulation of nuclear reactions similar to the internal workings of the sun." Tabuki says aloud.

Sakura smiles, very slightly.

"That is, indeed, correct. This ability is suffused throughout every atom of the body of the Yatagarasu, in flesh, blood, and bone alike. Though in general, the more traditionally mystic allegory of feeding a bonfire, as though with felled trees, is preferred."

.... Hm. And now Okuu bears the Yatagarasu's power. Tabuki shakes the thought off.

"There is, I am afraid, not so much more that I can say. My memories have been protected by the Yatagarasu's enshrouding light." Sakura says, apologetically.

"Protected?" Tabuki asks, pointedly.

"Yes. Of late, this may not the case, but Gods have not always rested easily in close proximity with other Gods, and it would not be unknown for religious fanatics to undertake clandestine ventures against the interests of the servants of a God not their own." Sakura explains. "Defiling and destroying holy altars or artifacts, committing arson against rival shrines, abducting and strenuously interrogating shrine maidens in an attempt to wrest free secrets that might be used... it was common practice, at least in our case, for the Yatagarasu to not only take personal measures to defend and reclaim us, if such should come to pass, but also to prevent enemies from gaining any sort of victory that might be used in an attempt to justify losses suffered due to these offenses."

"Protected, then... in the sense that those secrets you might know cannot be wrested away from you, no matter what tortures might be employed." Tabukis restates, frowning thoughtfully.

"'Torture' is... such an ugly word, and accusation." Sakura said, tone mild as she corrected the phrasing. "Something that one wouldn't easily walk away from, levying such accusations against other congregations. But people would be 'questioned'. Possibly 'interrogated'. There may be the occasional unsanctioned 'inquisition'."

"Different labels for the same concept." Tabuki replied.

"Perhaps so. But that is 'Politics'." Sakura said, simply. "The art of phrasing things in such a way as to give no offense... or in situations which require it, to structure your speech in such a manner as to give exactly the level of offense you intend. As I was once the Head Priestess of the Yatagarasu's Shrine, I know this well... and hence have more concealed within my head than most. As such, I may simply be unable to give you an answer you request, if it was related closely enough to information the Yatagarasu's wisdom saw fit to protect. I merely wish this known in advance."

"I see... then, as the former Head Priestess of the Yatagarasu's Shrine... how have you found yourself in the underground?" Tabuki asked.

"I came in search of my God." Sakura replied. "Some long time ago the Yatagarasu was set in battle with a mighty foe, and they were both sealed and hidden away by a third party before the battle drew to its natural close. It is supposed that this was done to secure the safety of the surrounding land and its inhabitants, and accounts are uncertain as to whether or not the attempt was approved of by the Yatagarasu, or if it was the Yatagarasu's own plan, to accept the risk for the sake of binding this foe. What was known was that the battle would not, and did not, end with merely that, and that they would emerge elsewhere. As the years passed, and the Yatagarasu did not return to the shrine, many of the shrine maidens...."

Sakura shook her head.

"Hearts grew weary, and faith flickered and gave out, in the Yatagarasu's absence. And so some decades ago, I found myself as the Head Shrine Priestess of an otherwise empty shrine."

"'Decades'... I wouldn't have guessed that, with you being human."

"You are too kind." Sakura replied with a smile. "But it is one of the Yatagarasu's blessings, an extended longevity, which even in the current state of things has yet to fade away. Entirely aside from this, my family is one which have always aged particularly well, though I gave up those ties in entering service of my God."

"I see..." Tabuki said, then frowned. "But with a battle possibly ongoing still, and Faith from worshippers dwindling as they turned away, would it not be possible that the Yatagarasu's failure to return became a prophecy which fulfilled itself?"

"Do not believe the thought has not weighed on my mind." Sakura said. "Certainly, as I have determined as best I can that the Yatagarasu fell in its battle... perhaps the outcome would have changed, if fickle worshippers could have stayed the course, and perhaps it is my own failure in not preventing them from turning away that led to the Yatagarasu's fall.... Be that as it may, my faith has not dwindled, and for so long as a God has even one who will offer their Faith, it will not disappear. The Yatagarasu will continue to exist, though its power now flows through another, as only one part of her whole."

"And you intend to raise her up as the new Yatagarasu?" Tabuki says aloud.

"Of course." Sakura stated simply. "From the moment she consumed the Yatagarasu, the outcome was beyond questioning. I merely wish to hurry it along."

"Well... in any case, you would need a shrine, I suppose."

"That is, I am afraid... putting the cart before the horse, so to speak. There are difficulties to consider, and obstacles... in any case, there is no point in erecting a shrine before a God is ready to take their place within, and gather the worship offered there. And not just any lump of wood or stone will do... I'll handle the matter when the time comes, but the place a shrine is erected should be somehow significant in its own right."

"I see." Tabuki replied. "Illuminating. But with all that said, there is one more matter I would like to bring up. It is the duty of Miko to spread their faith and convert others, is that not so? And so, teaching others..."

"I am afraid that I cannot do so, at this time." Sakura said, now frowning. "Once again... matters should be taken in a certain order. The God must be prepared to take their place in a shrine, or it is merely an empty building once erected. And there must be both Shrine and God before attendants might be a consideration. There is no point to preparing more servants to wait with me in anxiety, when that woman seems to make a deliberate point of blocking and turning aside every effort I put forward. At this point, considering the stubbornness already displayed it may be a year, or may perhaps be ten years, before any real progress is made, without any strokes of sudden fortune."

"Maybe so. But with more worshippers, and more Faith to offer, could it not be theorized that your god would be strengthened by the effort, and begin to ascend on her own. It could then be considered a worthwhile means of spending your time, with other avenues fraught with obstacles and delays... and I have available a number of fairies which would be more than pleased to serve in this fashion, should it come to that." Tabuki said leadingly.

"What you say has some truth to it." Sakura admits, but grimaces. "But you yourself admit it to be simple conjecture. It may be that this is the best use of my time, or it may be that while you are correct in your conclusion, it would take an assembled number of worshippers that would take enough time, and be sufficiently difficult, to gather that my purposes would be better served in continuing to butt heads with that woman. In any case... fae are not well known for their regular devotion to causes, as it happens. I have already watched as a congregation of those I myself had had a direct hand in training turned away from their path and shunned their beliefs, through fickleness at the first taste of unexpected hardships. I would not so swiftly set myself up to watch as my students abandon their faith when it is needed most, once more."

"That... isn't exactly..." Tabuki says, awkwardly.

"Your intentions may be good." Sakura says. "But at this time, I am not willing to spend the time required to train and induct fairies, when it can be better utilized. My apologies."

---

[ ] Action?

>> No. 152504
File 132700801624.png - (5.16KB , 338x209 , NuclearFusionFacilities.png ) [iqdb]
152504
Any case, I'm pretty sure this is the map you all have been waiting for. Have at it.

Russet, Henna, Vanice, Finni, Widget, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko, Fabrizia, Elizabeth, Iona, Beatrice, Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George

vs

ZFx3, aZFx3, LSx4, aLSx2, Fire Wisp x2, MMx6, DMx6

---

Russet-x
Henna-x
Vanice-x
Finni-x
Widget-x
Chiko- 4 damage to (d2=2) FW2 (FULL 4hp)
Levina- 6 damage to FW2 (KO)
Yumiko- 4 damage to FW1 (FULL 4hp)
Fabrizia- 6 damage to FW1 (KO)
Elizabeth- 4 damage to (d6=1) LS1 (FULL 8hp)
Iona- 5 damage to LS1 (FULL 3hp)
Beatrice- 7 damage to LS1 (KO)
Deady-x
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
George-x

ZF1 : aZF3-x
LS2- 4 damage to (d16=11) Iona (11hp)
LS3- 3 damage to (d16=12) Beatrice (6hp)
LS4- 2 damage to (d16=7) Levina (18hp)
aLS1- 5 damage to (d16=14) Dead2 (25hp)
aLS2- 3 damage to (d16=6) Chiko (17hp)
MM1 : 6-x
DM1- 2 damage to (d16=5) Widget (12hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d16=14) Dead2 (24hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d16=13) Deady (35hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d16=3) Vanice (13hp)
DM5- 2 damage to (d16=1) Russet (13hp)
DM6- 1 damage to (d16=8) Yumiko (19hp)

Russet- 6 damage to (d6=2) ZF2 (9hp)
Henna- 9 damage to ZF2 (KO)
Vanice- 6 damage to (d5=4) aZF2 (16hp)
Finni- 3 damage to aZF2 (13hp)
Widget- 4 damage to aZF2 (9hp)
Chiko- 3 damage to (d5=1) LS2 (FULL 9hp)
Levina- 6 damage to LS2 (FULL 3hp)
Yumiko- 4 damage to LS2 (KO)
Fabrizia- 6 damage to (d4=4) aLS2 (FULL 12hp)
Elizabeth- 5 damage to aLS2 (FULL 7hp)
Iona- 4 damage to aLS2 (FULL 3hp)
Beatrice- 7 damage to aLS2 (KO)
Deady- 16 damage to aZF2 (KO)
-Healed '8' hp (37/37)
Dead2- 12 damage to (d4=3) aZF1 (10hp)
Newdead- 12 damage to aZF1 (KO)
George- 9 damage to (d3=2) ZF3 (6hp)

ZF1- 4 damage to (d16=14) Dead2 (20hp)
ZF3- 3 damage to (d16=14) Dead2 (17hp)
aZF3- 5 damage to (d16=7) Levina (13hp)
LS3- 3 damage to (d16=8) Yumiko (16hp)
LS4- 3 damage to (d16=1) Russet (10hp)
aLS1- 4 damage to (d16=5) Widget (8hp)
MM1- 2 damage to (d16=12) Beatrice (4hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d16=13) Deady (36hp)
MM3- 2 damage to (d16=11) Iona (9hp)
MM4- 2 damage to (d16=3) Vanice (11hp)
MM5- 1 damage to (d16=3) Vanice (10hp)
MM6- 2 damage to (d16=8) Yumiko (14hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d16=2) Henna (26hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d16=15) Newdead (28hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d16=2) Henna (25hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d16=8) Yumiko (12hp)
DM5- 2 damage to (d16=12) Beatrice (2hp)
DM6- 1 damage to (d16=9) Fabrizia (19hp)

Russet- 7 damage to ZF3 (KO)
Henna- 8 damage to (d2=1) ZF1 (7hp)
Vanice- 6 damage to ZF1 (1hp)
Finni- 3 damage to ZF1 (KO)
Widget- 3 damage to aZF3 (19hp)
Chiko- 4 damage to (d3=2) LS4 (FULL 4hp)
Levina- 6 damage to LS4 (KO)
Yumiko- 3 damage to (d2=1) LS3 (FULL 5hp)
Fabrizia- 6 damage to LS3 (KO)
Elizabeth- 5 damage to aLS1 (13hp)
Iona- 4 damage to aLS1 (9hp)
Beatrice- 7 damage to aLS1 (2hp)
Deady- 16 damage to aZF3 (3hp)
-Healed '8' hp. (37/37)
Dead2- 11 damage to aZF3 (KO)
Newdead- 11 damage to (d12=12) DM6 (KO, -1hp)
George- 9 damage to (d11=1) MM1 (1hp)

aLS1- 3 damage to (d16=5) Widget (5hp)
MM1- 1 damage to (d16=11) Iona (8hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d16=8) Yumiko (10hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d16=9) Fabrizia (18hp)
MM4- 2 damage to (d16=13) Deady (35hp)
MM5- 1 damage to (d16=11) Iona (7hp)
MM6- 1 damage to (d16=6) Chiko (16hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d16=9) Fabrizia (16hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d16=5) Widget (4hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d16=8) Yumiko (8hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d16=5) Widget (2hp)
DM5- 1 damage to (d16=2) Henna (24hp)

Russet- 6 damage to MM1 (KO, -5hp)
Henna- 9 damage to (d10=10) DM5 (1hp)
Vanice- 5 damage to DM5 (KO, -4hp)
Finni- 4 damage to (d9=5) MM6 (6hp)
Widget- 4 damage to MM6 (2hp)
Chiko- 4 damage to aLS1 (KO)
Levina- 6 damage to MM6 (KO)
Yumiko- 3 damage to (d8=8) DM4 (7hp)
Fabrizia- 6 damage to DM4 (1hp)
Elizabeth- 4 damage to DM4 (KO)
Iona- 5 damage to (d7=6) DM2 (5hp)
Beatrice- 7 damage to DM2 (KO)
Deady- 15 damage to (d6=6) DM3 (KO, -5hp)
- Healed to max.
Dead2- 12 damage to (d5=1) MM2 (KO, -2hp)
Newdead- 11 damage to (d4=1) MM3 (KO, -1)
George- 8 damage to (d3=3) DM1 (2hp)

MM4- 1 damage to (d16=1) Russet (9hp)
MM5- 1 damage to (d16=8) Yumiko (7hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d16=11) Iona (5hp)

Russet- 6 damage to DM1 (KO, -4hp)
Henna- 8 damage to (d2=1) MM4 (2hp)
Vanice- 6 damage to MM4 (KO, -4)
Finni- 3 damage to MM5 (7hp)
Widget- 3 damage to MM5 (4hp)
Chiko- 4 damage to MM5 (KO)

Deady- 16 damage to DM3 (-21hp) Necrophobe 2
Dead2- 12 damage to MM2 (-14hp) Necrophobe
Newdead- 12 damage to MM3 (-13hp) Necrophobe
George- 9 damage to DM1 (-13hp) Necrophobe

Victory
+1bxp
MM1: d10=8, survives wounds
MM4: d10=10, survives
DM5: d10=6, survives
DM6: 9, survives
2d6= 3, 1
Conscripted: MMA[Necrophobe], DMA[Necrophobe]
Bleak Aura(Zombie): d100=42
Bleak Aura(Spirit): d100=28
Scouting Labs

---

Emerald, Morte, B.B., Yumi, Frances, Quinn, Janice

vs

Spiderx4, CSx2, ZFx4, MMx1, DMx3

---

Emerald-x
Morte-x
BB- 7 damage to (d4=2) ZF2 (8hp)
Yumi- 8 damage to ZF2 (KO)
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x

Spider1 : MM1-x
DM1- 2 damage to (d7=7) Janice (14hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d7=6) Quinn (14hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d7=3) BB (14hp)

Emerald- 19 damage to (d3=3) ZF4 (KO)
Morte- 15 damage to (d2=1) ZF1 (KO)
BB- 8 damage to ZF3 (7hp)
Yumi- 8 damage to ZF3 (KO)
Frances- 9 damage to (d4=4) Sp4 (16hp)
Quinn- 6 damage to Sp4 (10hp)
Janice- 8 damage to Sp4 (2hp)

Spider1- 6 damage to (d7=6) Quinn (8hp)
-d2=1: Poisoned
Spider2- 6 damage to (d7=1) Emerald (54hp)
-d2=1: Poisoned
Spider3- 5 damage to (d7=7) Janice (9hp)
-d2=1: Poisoned
Spider4- 3 damage to (d7=2) Morte (31hp)
-d2=1: Poisoned
MM- 1 damage to (d7=4) Yumi (9hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d7=3) BB (13hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d7=2) Morte (29hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d7=5) Frances (16hp)

Poison Damage:
Emerald takes 2 damage (53hp)
Morte takes 1 damage (28hp)
Quinn takes 1 damage (7hp)
Janice takes 1 damage (8hp)

Emerald[p1]- 13 damage to Sp4 (KO)
Morte[p1]- 14 damage to (d3=3) Sp3 (11hp)
BB- 8 damage to Sp3 (3hp)
Yumi- 9 damage to Sp3 (KO)
Frances- 7 damage to (d2=1) Sp1 (18hp)
Quinn[p1]- 8 damage to Sp1 (10hp)
Janice[p1]- 6 damage to Sp1 (4hp)

Sp1- 6 damage to (d7=2) Morte (22hp)
-d2=1, Poisoned[2]
Sp2- 3 damage to (d7=2) Morte (19hp)
-d2=1, Poisoned[3]
MM- 1 damage to (d7=1) Emerald (52hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d7=4) Yumi (8hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d7=1) Emerald (50hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d7=3) BB (11hp)

Poison Damage:
Emerald takes 1 damage (49hp)
Morte takes 1, 1, and 1 damage (16hp)
Quinn takes 2 damage (5hp)
Janice takes 2 damage (6hp)

Emerald[p1]- 14 damage to Sp1 (KO)
Morte[p1x3]- 14 damage to Sp2 (11hp)
BB- 9 damage to Sp2 (2hp)
Yumi- 7 damage to Sp2 (KO)
Frances- 6 damage to (d4=1) MM (4hp)
Quinn[p1]- 9 damage to MM (KO, -5hp)
Janice[p1]- 6 damage to (d3=3) DM3 (4hp)

DM1- 2 damage to (d7=4) Yumi (6hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d7=1) Emerald (47hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d7=4) Yumi (4hp)

Poison Damage:
Emerald takes 1 damage (46hp)
Morte takes 1, 2, and 2 damage (6hp)
Quinn takes 2 damage (3hp)
Janice takes 2 damage (4hp)

Emerald[p1]- 18 damage to DM3 (KO, -14hp, dead)
Morte[p1x3]- 15 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (KO, -5hp)
BB-7 damage to DM1 (3hp)
Yumi- 8 damage to DM1 (KO)

Poison Damage:
Emerald takes 1 damage (45hp)
Morte takes 2, 1, and 2 damage (1hp)
Quinn takes 1 damage (2hp)
Janice takes 2 damage (2hp)

Victory!
+1bxp
MM: 3, dies of wounds
DM2: 10, survives
Conscripted: MMB, DMB
Bleak Aura: d100= 73
Loot: meatx2 -> 8 silvers
Scouting subtunnels

---

Akira, Bellflower, Narutaru, Mallea, Dena, Indead, Ash, Barrier, Lamia

vs

CSx4, Crawling Oozex2, MMx4, DMx2

---

Akira-x
Bell-x
Naru-x
Mallea- 5 damage to (d2=2) OOZE2 (15hp)
Dena- 1 damage to OOZE2 (14hp)
Indead-x
Ash-x
Barrier-x
Lamia-x

CS1 : MM4-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d9=4) Mallea (14hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d9=7) Ash BARRIER (111hp)

Akira- 8 damage to OOZE2 (HALF 10hp)
Bell- 8 damage to OOZE2 (HALF 6hp)
Naru- 1 damage to OOZE2 (HALF 6hp)
Mallea- 5 damage OOZE2 (1hp)
Dena- 1 damage to OOZE2 (KO)
Indead- 4 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 18hp)
Ash- 20 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 8hp)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 5 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 6hp)
-can't entangle

CS1- 2 damage to (d9=7) Ash BARRIER (109hp)
- devour attempt: d115=106, fail
CS2- 3 damage to (d9=5) Dena (7hp)
- devour attempt: d10=3, fail
CS3- 2 damage to (d9=2) Bell (18hp)
- devour attempt: d20=1, fail
CS4- 2 damage to (d9=7) Ash BARRIER (107hp)
- devour attempt: d115=38, fail
OOZE1- 6 damage to (d9=3) Naru (4hp)
-Engulf attempt: d10=8, success
-Naru takes an additional 4 damage(KO)
MM1- 2 damage to (d8=1) Akira (18hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d8=1) Akira (17hp)
MM3- 2 damage to (d8=3) Mallea (12hp)
MM4- 1 damage to (d8=8) Lamia BARRIER (106hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d8=8) Lamia BARRIER (104hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d8=4) Dena (6hp)

Akira- 7 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 3hp)
-Naru takes 4 damage. Naru's breath bubbles out in surprised betrayal as she begins bleeding into the ooze. Akira panics. [Naruhp: -4]
Bell- 8 damage to OOZE1 (HALF KO)
-Naru takes 4 damage. [Naruhp: -8]
--Akira and Bell are panicking over Naru.
Mallea- 4 damage to (d4=1) CS1 (6hp)
Dena- 2 damage to CS1 (4hp)
Indead- 4 damage to CS1 (KO)
Ash- 23 damage to (d3=1) CS2 (KO)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 5 damage to (d2=2) CS4 (5hp)
-Can't entangle

CS3- 3 damage to (d8=3) Mallea (9hp)
- devour attempt: d15=12, Success
-Mallea takes an additional 3 damage (6hp)
CS4- 2 damage to (d7=4) Indead (13hp)
-devour attempt: d15=1, fail
MM1- 1 damage to (d7=1) Akira (16hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d7=2) Bell (16hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d7=7) Lamia BARRIER (103hp)
MM4-1 damage to (d7=6) BARRIER (102hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d7=5) Ash BARRIER (101hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d7=2) Bell (14hp)

Akira- x
Bell- x
Mallea- Struggles inside CS3
Dena- 2 damage to CS4 (3hp)
Indead- 4 damage to CS4 (KO)
Ash- 27 damage to CS3
-CS3 corpse is mutilated beyond use in releasing Mallea
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 4 damage to (d6=4) MM4 (6hp)
-Entangle attempt: d10=7, success
-Lamia deals 6 damage to MM4 (KO)

MM1-1 damage to (d8=6) Ash BARRIER (100hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d8=3) Mallea (5hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d8=1) Akira (15hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d8=2) Bell (12hp)
DM2-2 damage to (d8=6) Ash BARRIER (98hp)

Akira-x
Bell- 8 damage to (d5=2) MM2 (2hp)
Mallea- 4 damage to MM2 (KO)
Dena- 2 damage to (d4=2) MM3 (8hp)
Indead- 4 damage to MM3 (4hp)
Ash- 24 damage to MM3 (KO, -20hp, Dead, Necrophobe2)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 5 damage to (d3=3) DM2 (5hp)
-Entangle attempt: d10=9, success
-Lamia deals 6 damage to DM2 (KO)

MM1- 2 damage to (d8=6) Ash BARRIER (96hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d8=4) Dena (4hp)

Akira- 8 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (2hp)
Bell- 8 damage to MM1 (KO, -6hp)
Mallea- 5 damage to DM1 (5hp)
Dena- 1 damage to DM1 (4hp)
Indead- 4 damage to DM1 (KO)

Indead- 4 damage to DM1 (-4hp)

Victory.
+1bxp to all active combatants
Naru: -8/10, d10=10. Stabilizes, after vomiting up lungfuls of goop. Gain: [BattleScarred]
MM1: 5, dies of wounds
DM1: 5, survives
d4= 3, d2=1
Conscripted: MMC[Necrophobe2], DMC
Loot: meat x3, 12 silvers
Scouting TII-6 [Star Sapphire Territory]

---

Chris, Dominique, Vanda, Alexandria, Denny, Ella, Ruby, Ellette, Honey, Ain, Soph

vs

CSx2, Crawling Oozex4, MMx3, DMx3

---

Chris-x
Dominique-x
Vanda-x
Alexandria-x
Denny-x
Ella- 3 damage to (d4=4) OOZE4 (17hp)
Ruby- 4 damage to OOZE4 (13hp)
Ellette- 16 damage to OOZE4 (KO)
Honey- 15 damage to (d3=3) OOZE3 (5hp)
Ain- 6 damage to OOZE3 (KO)
Soph- 4 damage to (d2=1) OOZE1 (16hp)

CS1 : MM3-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d11=1) Chris (19hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d11=9) Honey (19hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d11=3) Vanda (8hp)

Chris- 7 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 13hp)
Dominique- 9 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 9hp)
Vanda- 4 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 7hp)
Alexandria- 1 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 7hp)
Denny- 1 damage to OOZE1 (HALF 7hp)
Ella- 3 damage to OOZE1 (4hp)
Ruby- 4 damage to OOZE1 (KO)
Ellette- 15 damage to OOZE2 (5hp)
Honey- 14 damage to OOZE2 (KO)
Ain- 6 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (4hp)
Soph- 4damage to CS2 (KO)

CS1- 3 damage to (d11=5) Denny (7hp)
-devour attempt: d10=6, fail
MM1- 2 damage to (d11=1) Chris (17hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d11=1) Chris (16hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d11=3) Vanda (7hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d11=11) Soph (FULL, 10hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d11=9) Honey (17hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d11=5) Denny (6hp)

Chris- 7 damage to CS1 (3hp)
Dominique- 8 damage to CS1 (KO)
Vanda- 3 damage to (d6=3) MM3 (7hp)
Alexandria- 1 damage to MM3 (6hp)
Denny- 2 damage to MM3 (4hp)
Ella- 3 damage to MM3 (1hp)
Ruby- 3 damage to MM3 (KO)
Ellette- 15 damage to (d5=4) DM2 (KO)
Honey- 14 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (KO)
Ain- 6 damage to (d3=1) MM1 (4hp)
Soph- 4 damage to MM1 (KO)

MM2- 1 damage to (d11=4) Alexandria (9hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d11=7) Ruby (11hp)

Chris- 7 damage to (d2=2) DM3 (3hp)
DOminique- 8 damage to DM3 (KO, -5hp)
Vanda- 4 damage to MM2 (6hp)
Alexandria- 1 damage to MM2 (5hp)
Denny- 1 damage to MM2 (4hp)
Ella- 3 damage to MM2 (1hp)
Ruby- 3 damage to MM2 (KO)

Victory.
+1bxp
Conscripted MMD, DMD
Loot: meatx2 -> 8 silvers
Scouting TII-7 [Star Sapphire Territory]

>> No. 152508
Presented in no particular order:

[x]Accept her refusal, but ask if she can give any details on what would be required should she ever change her mind on the training thing.
[x]Ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
[x]From what she was saying earlier, you gather that she's fallen under a bit of misfortune recently. While your own income is less than spectacular, you're not unsympathetic and would like to give her a little something to help her get back on her feet. (Don't expect this one to get all that much support, just tossing it out there)
[x]Ask if she'd be willing to give lessons on the fine art of diplomacy at some point, or at least lessons on how to properly remove one's footwear from one's mouth because little miss CHA 1 here needs all the help she can get on that front.
[x]Thank her for her time and head to Lopez's
>> No. 152510
Well, we gained 6 influence points with Sakura, which isn't surprising considering the conversation went well.

As for the situation, we may want to report to Satori what we learned and discussing what should be done. If she know Orin would at one point have Okuu meet Sakura, perhaps something can be done to plan the meeting herself and set up damage control?
>> No. 152511
Technically, you gained eight, then lost two for trying to talk her into training fairies into Miko when she doesn't like you enough to say yes, yet.

Pretty much the same thing, though.
>> No. 152514
[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine. Having Yatagarasu back may become of interest to you.
[x]Ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.

Let's take this chance and go talk to Parsee. We need to remove her from the fight before we move in to take her territory, which we do need to capture.
>> No. 152515
>>152511
In light of this:

>>152508
Change the first line to [x]Accept her refusal, but ask if she'd be willing to talk about the details of the class, as there are miko fairies in a couple of the opposing armies and you'd rather not go in blind when the fighting does eventually happen.
>> No. 152516
[x] Accept her refusal, but ask if she'd be willing to talk about the basic details of the class, as there are miko fairies in a couple of the opposing armies and you'd rather not go in blind when the fighting does eventually happen.
[x] Go find Marshmallow Buttons. She likes marshmallows and her dream is to open a sweets store, so she's probably looking hungrily through the windows of a candy shop.
[x] Politics is the art of phrasing things in such a way as to give no offense? Think on this. [Int(/Per)]
[x] If you find her, take her and four bottles of ale with you to Cirno's territory and ask for them to be taken to Cirno with a message:
-[x] "Recently, a scout of mine on the surface uncovered some interesting news. Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and Sunny and Star are planning to get her out. You may have already discovered this, but I thought you would be interested in hearing it if you haven't."
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine if she isn't convinced by the cask.

I agree with >>152514 that we should speak to Parsee, but seeing as we currently have time-critical information we really should get to Cirno, I'd like to do that first. Also I guess it might be worth a try to get diplomacy insight?
>> No. 152517
[x] Accept her refusal, but ask if she'd be willing to talk about the basic details of the class, as there are miko fairies in a couple of the opposing armies and you'd rather not go in blind when the fighting does eventually happen.
[x] Politics is the art of phrasing things in such a way as to give no offense? Think on this. [Int(/Per)]
[x] Go find Marshmallow Buttons. She likes marshmallows and her dream is to open a sweets store, so she's probably looking hungrily through the windows of a candy shop.
[x] If you find her, take her and four bottles of ale with you to Cirno's territory and ask for them to be taken to Cirno with a message:
-[x] "Recently, a scout of mine on the surface uncovered some interesting news. Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and Sunny and Star are planning to get her out. You may have already discovered this, but I thought you would be interested in hearing it if you haven't."
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine if she isn't convinced by the cask.

I agree with >>152514 that we should speak to Parsee, but seeing as we currently have time-critical information we really should get to Cirno, I'd like to do that first. Also I guess it might be worth a try to get diplomacy insight?
>> No. 152518
>>152516
>>152517
As you can likely tell, these are both me. I'd delete one, but it isn't working. Sorry for doublepost.
>> No. 152520
The problem with trying to send the info off to Cirno is that she has no particular reason to believe you.

Lily, on the other hand, would likely be more receptive, especially if you divulge the details of how you got the info(she actually likes the zombies, or at least the idea of using them). She's also the one they're most worried about getting the info, so if you want to cause some damage up topside that's the way to go.
>> No. 152521
So... do we want to have Sakura heal up Meira? I'd suggest yes, because it'll take a while for her to be in fighting shape if we do nothing, and Sakura is right there.
>> No. 152523
>>152521

2s per 1hp. We have 56 silver, so we can only heal 28hp. Not a very good deal, if I say so myself. Since Meira will be trainning fairies instad of fighting, she will recover naturally as much as we can pay for right now.

Of course, if we do pay Sakura, Meira will have 92hp instead of just 64hp.
>> No. 152524
>>152522

Meira is already trainning fairies.
>> No. 152526
>>152523
I personally would just let Meira slowly get better and keep sending BARRIER with her to soak hits. Saves silver and taking hits instead of someone you don't want damaged is pretty much the only thing BARRIER is good for.
>> No. 152527
We should also ask for a way to contact Sakura in the future, without wasting a turn searching for her.
>> No. 152529
[x] Accept her refusal.
[x] Politics is the art of phrasing things in such a way as to give no offense? Think on this. [Int(/Per)]
[x] Go find Marshmallow Buttons. She likes marshmallows and her dream is to open a sweets store, so she's probably looking hungrily through the windows of a candy shop.
[x] If you find her, take her and four bottles of ale with you to Cirno's territory and ask for them to be taken to Cirno with a message:
-[x] "Recently, a scout of mine on the surface uncovered some interesting news. Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and Sunny and Star are planning to get her out. You may have already discovered this, but I thought you would be interested in hearing it if you haven't."
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine if she isn't convinced by the cask.

Don't we already know stuff about mikos?
>> No. 152530
Not really, no.

And why Cirno? Lily's the one who can do some actual damage up there.
>> No. 152532
[x] Accept her refusal.
[x] Ask where you can find her in the future.
[x] Politics is the art of phrasing things in such a way as to give no offense? Think on this. [Int(/Per)]
[x] See if you can send a message to Lily about Luna's situation before it expires : it has been a while after all.
>> No. 152534
No offense, but

>Politics is the art of phrasing things in such a way as to give no offense? Think on this. [Int(/Per)]

is, to me, like saying "Hey, water is wet! I must ponder this amazing discovery."

If you want her to improve in this area she's probably going to need some kind of outside help or lessons or something. She may be smart in the bookish sense, but when it comes to social stuff like this her Perception and Charisma raise their ugly heads and that's pretty much game right there; she's not going to get it on her own.

Like I mentioned earlier, Sakura might be of help with this at some point in the future. She may also be able to train Negotiator fairies, but that would have to wait for the same reasons as the Miko fairies.
>> No. 152535
>>152534

Tabby is only a few weeks old, cut her some slack.
>> No. 152537
>>152535
I find this funny because it feels like I'm the only one who remembers this at times.

It's also the very reason the write-in with the wishful thinking roll tacked on at the end won't work. I do get what you're trying to do there, but yeah.

Tabby came with a built-in moderate level education and can learn new concepts with a freakish rapidity(she's been teaching herself higher math and sciences in half a day). A concept like "Maybe people will start liking me if I stop pissing them off so much" is not what I'd call a great intuitive leap. She, however, lacks the experience, social skills, and perception to fully realize how and/or why she's screwing up. Hence why outside assistance from someone with actual, trained social skills would be of use.


Hmm, not really happy with my phrasing here, but it's 2:15 AM so I'll just have to roll with it for now.
>> No. 152538
>>152537
That's actually a pretty good point, and I say this as the guy who first made that vote.

>>152520
You bring up two excellent points. On the matter of belief, the nature of Compacts as an inviolate agreement means we should be able to come up with one that guarantees we're telling the truth if the need arises. And you're completely correct that we should tell Lily, I just don't think it's an either/or proposition.

>>152514
Talking to Parsee is definitely a good idea, I just don't know if we'll have time for it, Luna messages, AND a book today.

[x] That's pretty much it. Good luck.
[x] Go find Marshmallow Buttons. She likes marshmallows and her dream is to open a sweets store, so she's probably looking hungrily through the windows of a candy shop.
[x] If you find her, take her and four bottles of ale with you to Cirno's territory and ask for them to be taken to Cirno with a message:
-[x] "Recently, a scout of mine on the surface uncovered some interesting news. Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and Sunny and Star are planning to get her out. You may have already discovered this, but I thought you would be interested in hearing it if you haven't."
[x] Write Lily a letter regarding Luna, deliver it to XII.
[x] If there's plenty of time to go read a book later, go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain to her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine if she isn't convinced by the cask.
[x] Head back to Satori's and read a book.
-[x] Science for Idiots
>> No. 152541
[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine and act like the God it is supposed to be. Yatagarasu is of interesst to you, currently someone who has no god to worship.
[x]Ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.
[x] Write Cirno a letter regarding Luna

I like the first line. Knowing when Okuu is ready, will help us unlock the Miko class easier. I altered a bit the second part, as an attempt to have Sakura become interessted in either converting Tabuki or to become friendlier with a potential follower. Don't know if this will be effective or not, though.

Regarding Luna, you guys are doing it wrong. Cirno is the fairy who can read. And I'm not sure letting Lily know this is a good thing or not. For all we know, she might find it more fun to break into the Mansion and rescue Luna than it is to stop Sar and Sunny. Infiltrating and rescueing someone is definetly more exciting than guarding the prisoner.
>> No. 152543
Seeing as Sunny's generals held Lily getting the info with the most concern, I'd imagine she's substantially more likely to go on a merry little rampage through Luna's turf than to spring her... And checking the post again, they aren't worried about Cirno or Dai finding out at all, just Lily. She might be the only one who's in position to take advantage of things.


As for Parsee, I'd advise having an actual gift in hand if you go see her.


I also don't think Science for Idiots is at all necessary, as I rather doubt what sounds like a remedial-level science text is going to do much to someone who can plow through high-end science books in half a day. For that matter, it's been sounding like that chat with Okuu and Nitori early on might have taken care of what the Physics book had to offer, so you can probably move right on over to Chemistry. (I'm voting to get Lopez's over and done with already, but I won't be particularly bothered if a useful book gets the vote instead.)

(Oh, and while Buttons might be staring at a candy store, Tabby doesn't exactly know where any are, so don't get your hopes up on finding her)
>> No. 152545
[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine and act like the God it is supposed to be. Yatagarasu is of interesst to you, currently someone who has no god to worship.
[x]Ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.
[x] Send Cirno a letter regarding Luna and a messenger to Lily. It might be of interst to them that an enemy leader is being held captive.
>> No. 152549
>>152543
My reasoning came mostly from this bit:
>Tabuki isn't certain she would have entirely comprehended much of it without prior discussion with Okuu, or having learned the basics from another source.

While a quick check confirms that most of the remaining science-sounding books have phrases such as 'introduction' and thus won't need prior info, it would probably help with our bugging Nitori to teach us about engineering, as well as possibly being useful in itself.

That said, I too would be fine with a definitely-useful book such as chemistry. Or convincing Parsee to stay out of things.
>> No. 152551
>>152549
If you're looking for a book to help with Engineering, you'd want the book on Semiconductors, though Chemistry would be of use as well. High Energy Astrophysics might also yield something interesting, thinking on it.



Thinking on it, I don't think I really went into why I'm not a fan of sending a message up to Cirno, but it pretty much boils down to her low influence meaning she's not going to trust you combined with the low Int/high Perception thing she has going. There's a pretty good chance she'll see your message, misinterpret it as some kind of ruse, and act accordingly.

There's also the fact that Tabby does not, herself, know that the rescue hasn't been preformed already, but I digress. If you want to send a message off to Cirno, post it as an odd rumor you'd heard and that she might want to keep an eye out on Sunny/Luna/Star's troops for the next couple of days for odd movements. Lily, on the other hand, would probably love the full story of how you got the info and would probably tear into Luna's turf for kicks, even if she can't verify the report herself.
>> No. 152553
[x]Accept her refusal, ask about politics.
[x] Send Cirno and Lily a message regarding Luna. It might be of interest to them that an enemy leader is being held captive.
-[x] Also send Cirno some ale.
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.

Ale is cheap and this is a great opportunity to make Cirno hate us less through the magic of bribery.
>> No. 152555
File 132710868553.jpg - (693.40KB , 1400x1600 , Cleric.jpg ) [iqdb]
152555
[x] Make a point of praying to Yatagarasu every night from now on.
I know it's weird, but weird got us a bride, if I remember correctly. Besdies, the god needs worshippers and Tabuki needs to keep pointy things away so I'd say it's a fair deal.
Also:
[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine and act like the God it is supposed to be. Yatagarasu is of interesst to you, currently someone who has no god to worship.
[x]>>152538
>> No. 152568
[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine and act like the God it is supposed to be. Yatagarasu is of interesst to you, currently someone who has no god to worship.
[x]Ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.
[x] Send Cirno a letter regarding Luna and a messenger to Lily. It might be of interst to them that an enemy leader is being held captive.
>> No. 152569
[x] Make a point of praying to Yatagarasu every night from now on.
[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine and act like the God it is supposed to be. Yatagarasu is of interesst to you, currently someone who has no god to worship.
[x]Ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.
[x] Send Cirno a letter regarding Luna and a messenger to Lily. It might be of interst to them that an enemy leader is being held captive.
>> No. 152570
If Okuu's going to grow into godhood properly, she's going to need friends, not adherents.
>> No. 152572
[x]Accept her refusal, ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
[x] Ask about politics.
[x] Send Cirno and Lily a message regarding Luna. It might be of interest to them that an enemy leader is being held captive.
-[x] Also send Cirno some ale.
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.
>> No. 152593
[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine and act like the God it is supposed to be. Yatagarasu is of interesst to you, currently someone who has no god to worship.
[x]Ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.
-- [x] Do remember to apologize for your actions that day. You weren't thinking right and acted on pure reflex. You thought she was a with Lily, like Meira was with you.
[x] Send Cirno a letter regarding Luna and a messenger to Lily. It might be of interst to them that an enemy leader is being held captive.

Shouldn't we also apologize for attacking her like a mindless idiot?
>> No. 152595
It's why I've been insistent on bringing a bottle of ale or something along, as even a small gift will help lighten her mood.

And less "I thought you were with Lily" and more "I don't know what I was thinking. No, really, I don't know what I was thinking and I find this worrisome."

Well, that's my view of the scenario, at least.
>> No. 152703
So, hey, it's been some days now...
>> No. 152722
Yeah, bit delayed for dread of making sense of all the minor variations of votes. Also, because I sleep sometimes. But have the streamlined and sense-made-of tally anyway. No guarantees that I'm about to drop everything and start typing that out, though.

------------------------------------------------------------

[x]Accept her refusal, but ask if she'd be willing to talk about the details of the class, as there are miko fairies in a couple of the opposing armies and you'd rather not go in blind when the fighting does eventually happen.
IIII

[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine. Having Yatagarasu back may become of interest to you.
I

[x]Accept her refusal, but ask how/when a God is ready to have a shrine and act like the God it is supposed to be. Yatagarasu is of interesst to you, currently someone who has no god to worship.
IIIIII


[x] Accept her refusal.
I

[x] That's pretty much it. Good luck.
I

[x]Accept her refusal, ask about politics.
I

[x]Accept her refusal, ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
I

-------------------------------------------------------------

[x]Ask if she knows anything about the Yatagarasu's currently undefined foe or the third party that sealed them away.
IIIIIII


[x]Ask if she'd be willing to give lessons on the fine art of diplomacy at some point, or at least lessons on how to properly remove one's footwear from one's mouth because little miss CHA 1 here needs all the help she can get on that front.
I

[x] Ask where you can find her in the future.
I

[x] Ask about politics.
I

[x] That's pretty much it. Good luck.
I

------Misc--------------------------------------------------

[x]From what she was saying earlier, you gather that she's fallen under a bit of misfortune recently. While your own income is less than spectacular, you're not unsympathetic and would like to give her a little something to help her get back on her feet. (Don't expect this one to get all that much support, just tossing it out there)
I

[x] Politics is the art of phrasing things in such a way as to give no offense? Think on this. [Int(/Per)]
IIII


[x] Make a point of praying to Yatagarasu every night from now on.
II

---After Sakura---------------------------------------------

[x]Thank her for her time and head to Lopez's
I

[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.
IIIIIIIIII


[x] If there's plenty of time to go read a book later, go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain to her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine if she isn't convinced by the cask.
II

[x] Go to Parsee's bridge and talk to her. You will have to take that territory sooner or later, and you've postponed it enough.
-[x] Explain her about the war, as necessary, and warn her to expect some noise to be made tomorrow or the day after. If she needs convincing to not participate, offer another cask of Yuugi's ale, or a bottle of the expensive wine.
-- [x] Do remember to apologize for your actions that day. You weren't thinking right and acted on pure reflex. You thought she was a with Lily, like Meira was with you.
I

[x] Go find Marshmallow Buttons. She likes marshmallows and her dream is to open a sweets store, so she's probably looking hungrily through the windows of a candy shop.
[x] If you find her, take her and four bottles of ale with you to Cirno's territory and ask for them to be taken to Cirno with a message:
-[x] "Recently, a scout of mine on the surface uncovered some interesting news. Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion, and Sunny and Star are planning to get her out. You may have already discovered this, but I thought you would be interested in hearing it if you haven't."
IIIII

[x] See if you can send a message to Lily about Luna's situation before it expires : it has been a while after all.
I

[x] Write Lily a letter regarding Luna, deliver it to XII.
I

[x] Write Cirno a letter regarding Luna
I

[x] Send Cirno a letter regarding Luna and a messenger to Lily. It might be of interst to them that an enemy leader is being held captive.
IIII

[x] Send Cirno and Lily a message regarding Luna. It might be of interest to them that an enemy leader is being held captive.
-[x] Also send Cirno some ale.
II

[x] Write Lily a letter regarding Luna, deliver it to XII.
I

[x] Head back to Satori's and read a book.
-[x] Science for Idiots
II
>> No. 152732
So...called?
>> No. 152754
>>152732

Isn't it obvious?
>> No. 152759
File 132759752861.jpg - (169.01KB , 719x515 , UpdatesWhere.jpg ) [iqdb]
152759
>>152703
>> No. 152764
File 132761915936.png - (1.43MB , 731x1061 , f14b971986b8e51024b7c09331aa4b953427a8eb.png ) [iqdb]
152764
".... It's a shame. But very well. On another note, when exactly would a God be ready to take up residence within a shrine and begin its duties there?"

Sakura arches an eyebrow at the question.

"My. Aren't you the clever little bargainer. But I'll say it again: at this time, I am not available to train-"

"No, that isn't it." Tabuki interrupts, shaking her head. "I simply find this matter... of a little personal interest. Unaffiliated with any particular God as I am..."

"In general, youkai tend to avoid giving Faith if any other option is available, as I have found. Even so, I might suggest you be a little more conscious of what you are asking, to whom, and when? A less kind person... might well have taken that question as a subtle offer of your services to effect whatever measures needed to take place, in order to free up my time for what you wanted. Not a binding contract, of course. But still more than enough to later put pressure upon you."

"Is that so....? No, I didn't intend to imply, I just wanted to know...." Tabuki stumbles, verbally.

"Peace, little one." Sakura says. "But as for the specifics and the details... well, those really aren't important, are they? Suffice it to say that I will know when the time is right, and will likely have found a proper place for a shrine by that time. In the meanwhile, there are other obstacles which are more immediately important to concern myself with."

".... This does not answer my question." Tabuki notes, after a moment passes.

"No? Hm, no I suppose it does not, at that." Sakura replies. She gives no indication that she is willing to go into any more specific detail, however, and Tabuki turns the conversation onto another path.

"You mentioned... an enemy of the Yatagarasu, and a third party which sealed them both." Tabuki says. "Is there any way you could be more specific on either of these?"

"I fear not. For the enemy, well... matters occurred swiftly, the Yatagarasu had already left before any of us had begun to realize that there was a significant cause for concern, and once the battle began none could come close enough to identify the foe. There are a number of possibilities as to which it might be, however... the Yatagarasu had many foes. Only a paltry few have been located and had their presence confirmed since that time. I can only guess, and that without any serious degree of certainty."

Sakura shakes her head.

"As for the unknown third party, all I know I have already said. In all accounts, they refuse to give their name, purpose for their actions, or even to speak, and details vary between the tellings. Even the gender of this individual varies from telling to telling, and their intent is unknown. As I said, the best guess was to prevent destruction, and it is possible that this was done to aid, or at the bequest of the Yatagarasu. However, it is not impossible that the whole scenario was a plot by the uncertain foe and this person, and they conspired together to emerge victorious over the Yatagarasu. Aside from a few certainties, I have only suppositions and reasonable guesses about that encounter."

"I see... it is something of a mystery, then." Tabuki agrees. "I am sorry to have troubled you about it, then."

"Hm? Do not worry yourself about such things. If I did not wish to explain why I had no answers for you, I could simply have refused to answer." Sakura points out.

"Of course. As it happens, however, I do have other matters to attend to, today. I should be off."

Sakura waves her off, and Tabuki is some distance away by the time the miko has returned her attention to her now-cooled tea.

Politics. It was incredibly frustrating. On the surface of things, it seemed to be so obvious and simple a matter, and yet. Still, she found it difficult to keep in mind. Watch your tongue, be careful what you say, be careful when you say this or that... such bone-headedly simple concepts that nevertheless made her head ache with the tiny details and variations and subtleties and exceptions, like a million tiny thorns on the stalk of a rose she wished to pluck, wating eagerly to bite through her skin.

Obviously, of course, she was consistently doing something Very Wrong. It might not be so frustrating if she could simply look back and see, in retrospect, exactly what she was mucking up, and hopefully learn from it. But it eluded her, still.

A shame. She might well have need of such a sudden flash of inspiration and realization, soon.

Tabuki stops and tears herself out of idle thought just a little away from the start of the Bridge, and waits. She is kept waiting for a time, but after it passes, Parsee arrives to meet her.

"... So? And what do you want? Negotiating a toll for crossing?" She asks, arms crossed.

"Not quite. I am currently embroiled in a... conflict of territory, of sorts, which a great number of the fairies participate in. A game, of sorts. According to the rules of this game, however, I must first 'capture' a territory before I can expand past it, and so-"

"I don't care about the details." Parsee interrupts.

".... Ah."

"Just cut to the chase, will you?" She continues grumpily.

".... I see. In short, then, some time soon, I expect to hold a battle for this territory." Tabuki says, bluntly.

Parsee's face darkens.

"That sounds like it would be... loud. And annoying." She says. "... But probably fun, for whoever you send. Ah, I'm a little jealous of your little game, now."

"I had hoped to offer you compensation in exchange for staying out of things."

"No." Parsee answers flatly.

".... I would be willing to offer a cask of ale." Tabuki says, and then as Parsee's face darkens a little more, she rushes to amend her offer and continue. "Or a bottle of Yuugi's wine. But really, it's not something you need to-"

"No. That's my final answer, and it won't change. The wine is a little tempting, but this is my bridge. You really think I'm just going to sit back and let two sets of fairies fight over it like they own the place?" Parsee says. "Ah... I'm jealous of your naivetie. But consider this. On the one hand, I can get a bit of drink, which I can drink once, and have to sit and endure the indignity. On the other, I can sit tight, and enjoy shooting you in the face however many times it takes you to give up and go away. And not come back, maybe, but I'm not counting on being that lucky. Which do you think I'm going to go with? Besides, I get the feeling that you think I'd just sit back and let you come and go as you pleased, if you stomped a few fairies around in this general area. Sorry to be the one to break your hopes and dreams, but that isn't going to happen~" She finishes, in a tone that doesn't sound very sorry at all.

"... Tch." Tabuki says.

"Besides. I kind of like the few fairies hanging around here right now. I have them properly trained not to bother me or get too loud while I'm hung over if they don't want to be nailed to the supports, and everything~" Parsee continues, eyes glinting a little bit.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 152765
Well, I have no idea how you guys even imagined Parsee would agree to something, but influence with her lowered a bit as the price for this complete failure.

Anyway, should we go back to talk with Satori about what we learned and propose a controlled meeting since it will be inevitable or do you guys want to go read a book?
>> No. 152767
>>152765
>Well, I have no idea how you guys even imagined Parsee would agree to something

Don't be so negative. There is no reason to try talking. Apprently, what really killed our chances, and the second impression, was the way the write-in was worded. Something to consider next time.
>> No. 152769
Just my mind straying, but I wonder if reading Return of the King would give charisma or a leadership bonus.
>> No. 152772
Well, if nothing else, this makes it look like Parsee'd be willing to let us pass if we paid regularly. Even if we lose, so long as we don't completely fuck up our relations, it should be okay.
>> No. 152777
Any vote idea that won't send Parsee directly into strong dislike, possibly hate?
>> No. 152778
Sadly, a regular tribute is a bit much for Tabby's meager income to maintain at the moment, so it's probably for the best to just let it drop for now. There are other ways to the surface, after all, and I can think of at least one that doesn't involve carving through another leader's turf.

Can't use the local fairies as a bargaining tool either, as she's just stated that she's got them trained and as such doesn't really mind them.

Oh, and Satori suggested checking out the used book store in the city after Tabby finished with Telmswell's, but has forgotten where it was located.


[x]You... have a point. Several of them, in fact. Sorry for bothering you.
[x]Assuming there's still time, head back to the city and pay Lopez a visit. Filling out your uniforms to further boost your income would be nice, and as your forces are running into spiders there's a good chance you'll be able to find some webbing and knowing where you could sell it or get it spun into silk would be handy.

(If the votes lead to Tabby heading back to read a book, then: [x]Read Flora and Fauna, an Annotated Guide)
>> No. 152789
Guys, are you TRYING to have Parsee rips out our head? Just asking that out there. And the fairies on the bridge already know better than to mess with Parsee.

[x]You... have a point. Several of them, in fact. Sorry for bothering you.
[x]Go read Clinical handbook of mindfulness

If anything, it could bring a point in perception, which itself could bring our attention on how someone is feeling and stop making things worse whenever we say the wrong thing (which the thinking on self could have used, since it seems a lack of perception made it fail).
>> No. 152790
>>152789
You caught me, that's my fetish.
>> No. 152792
[x] First off, the hypothetical fairies that would be at the bridge would be under your command and could easily be told to leave Parsee alone just like her trained fairies.
[x] Second, it's merely under your command in terms of the Fairy Wars. For all intents and purposes, it would still be Parsee's bridge and she could still charge tolls like normal, just with what amounts to a gang of kids claiming they control the area around it for a game they're playing.
[x] Third, please don't act like we're being a jerk for offering compensation in return for an inconvenience. We could have threatened to have every fairy under our command make as much noise as they could around Parsee's bridge, but we didn't (and still won't, even after being denied). Instead we did this. And before she asks menacingly if that's a threat, it is not.
[x] If she's sure she doesn't just want to take the wine: "Fine then. I will leave you alone. Sorry for bothering you."
[x] Yuugi's
-[x] Buy two bottles of ale.
-[x] If by some freak stroke of luck Parsee was convinced, a bottle of spidersilk wine.
-[x] The four onis
[x] Find the fairy garrisoned closest to Lily and one adjacent to Cirno's territories. Have them pass the message along that some scouts of yours on the surface found that Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Offer your apologies if they've already found this out, but you thought they would want to know if they didn't already, even if they decide it's best to do nothing about it. Also Cirno's messenger is to drop off two bottles of ale, with your compliments. These fairies are to politely decline going too far into other leaders' territory.
-[x] If for some reason you cannot do this today, do this at the earliest available opportunity.
[x] Go to Lopez's if there will be plenty of time to read a book before bed.
-[x] If not, go read "The Giant Spider: Care, Feeding, and Riding of".

Some stuff from spreadsheet chat: There are a fuckton of disadvantages to building our own bridge, including needing to occupy the destination, needing to station guys on the bridge without gaining any new fairies, and continued attacks from evil spirits. Fairies in adjacent territories can pop out for a bit to serve as messengers though, so that's helpful.
>> No. 152794
[x] First off, the hypothetical fairies that would be at the bridge would be under your command and could easily be told to leave Parsee alone just like her trained fairies.
[x] Second, it's merely under your command in terms of the Fairy Wars. For all intents and purposes, it would still be Parsee's bridge and she could still charge tolls like normal, just with what amounts to a gang of kids claiming they control the area around it for a game they're playing.
[x] Third, please don't act like we're being a jerk for offering compensation in return for an inconvenience. We could have threatened to have every fairy under our command make as much noise as they could around Parsee's bridge, but we didn't (and still won't, even after being denied). Instead we did this. And before she asks menacingly if that's a threat, it is not.
[x] If she's sure she doesn't just want to take the wine: "Fine then. I will go away. Sorry for bothering you."
[x] Yuugi's
-[x] Buy two bottles of ale.
-[x] If by some freak stroke of luck Parsee was convinced, a bottle of spidersilk wine.
-[x] The four onis
[x] Find the fairy garrisoned closest to Lily and one adjacent to Cirno's territories. Have them pass the message along that some scouts of yours on the surface found that Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Offer your apologies if they've already found this out, but you thought they would want to know if they didn't already, even if they decide it's best to do nothing about it. Also Cirno's messenger is to drop off two bottles of ale, with your compliments. These fairies are to politely decline going too far into other leaders' territory.
-[x] If for some reason you cannot do this today, do this at the earliest available opportunity.
[x] Go to Lopez's if there will be plenty of time to read a book before bed.
-[x] If not, go read "The Giant Spider: Care, Feeding, and Riding of".

May as well make one last try to convince Parsee before we give up and start training to kick her ass.
>> No. 152801
[x]You... have a point. Several of them, in fact. Sorry for bothering you.
[x]Go read Clinical handbook of mindfulness

Guys, making things more clear even when it appears as a good deal is worthless when she already said she didn't care for details and will still tell you to get out. This will just piss her off more. Drop it.
>> No. 152802
Trying to keep the talks going won't do anything but annoy Parsee further. This is her bridge, she defends and maintains it, and you're asking to get unlimited use out of it for a one-time gift. Not going to happen. You're not offering her anything she doesn't already have, and that third bit isn't asking for it, it's flat out begging.
>> No. 152804
[x] "You know what, forget it. Why did I even thought talking to someone like you would bring any good? You obviously just want to be an ass, so I will just leave and let you be the ass you want to be alone."
[x] Leave the place. Drop by Yuugi's
-[x] The four oni.
[x] If there is time, go read a book.
-[x] Flora and Fauna

Screw her, really. I have the feeling that being aggressive with her is better than anything else, but we can't yet fight her alone. So just remind her that she's a bitch and let's get moving. We can take the place by force in a few days, when she has calmed down a little.
>> No. 152806
>>152804
Parsee crushes Tabby's forces on the first round and overwhelms her evasion on the second, fighting is not an option. Besides, if you do somehow manage to beat her down, she'll go right back to blocking the bridge once she's back on her feet. Violence isn't the answer.

There's nothing that says Parsee has to play along with the Fairy War. If she doesn't want to put up with it, she doesn't have to.
>> No. 152809
>>152806
>Parsee crushes Tabby's forces on the first round and overwhelms her evasion on the second

Or not. Here, let me try your game.

Parsee is overwhelmed by the sheer number of fairies and misses Tabby every round. She then takes a few blasts to the face, with perfect rolls dealing 1800 damage each, and is knockedout for the next few days. Violence made Parsee shut the fuck up and learn her place.

See, everything is going to be alright.
>> No. 152811
Parsee's shots do 30-60 damage each. She can fire huge piles of them at once. She can make a clone of herself to fire even more shots if she feels the need. Non-leaders don't get to dodge.

So yes, TPK by turn two is a very likely scenario. Turn three on the outside.
>> No. 152815
>>152802
>unlimited use out of it for a one-time gift
>it would still be Parsee's bridge and she could still charge tolls like normal

We are, in fact offering her something she doesn't already have - high quality booze.

Also, I don't know what you see as "flat out begging", but I seem to see a difference between "Don't act like I'm an asshole for offering you stuff" and "Oh please please Miss Parsee let me attack your bridge".
>> No. 152816
>>152815
The problem is that we are offering nothing -Parsee- feels worthwhile. And using logic to argue here will blow up in our face. Again, because since when arguing with logic worked in our favor?
>> No. 152817
I'd really rather not risk having Parsee dip below 40 influence and start strongly disliking us.

[x]You... have a point. Several of them, in fact. Sorry for bothering you.
[x] Yuugi's
-[x] Buy two bottles of ale.
-[x] The four onis
[x] Find the fairy garrisoned closest to Lily and one adjacent to Cirno's territories. Have them pass the message along that some scouts of yours on the surface found that Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Offer your apologies if they've already found this out, but you thought they would want to know if they didn't already, even if they decide it's best to do nothing about it. Also Cirno's messenger is to drop off two bottles of ale, with your compliments. These fairies are to politely decline going too far into other leaders' territory.
-[x] If for some reason you cannot do this today, do this at the earliest available opportunity.
[x] Go to Lopez's if there will be plenty of time to read a book before bed.
-[x] If not, go read "Master of Empire".
>> No. 152818
>>152816
Well, if logic doesn't sway someone, I really don't see the point of being on good terms with them, because they're obviously deranged.
>> No. 152823
>>152821
I was going to say something about how that would probably fail, but then I realized you have a point. It's probably worth a try. Also, we would need two days. One to attack the bridge, and one to capture the territory beyond. Asking her if she needs anything I'm less sure about, as apparently the only things she cares about are expensive liquor, violence, and quiet, and we've already offered her one of those.

[x] If it helps any, I only need "command" over your bridge for two days, three at the outside.
[x] If she's sure she doesn't just want to take the wine: "Fine then. I will go away. Sorry for bothering you."
[x] Yuugi's
-[x] Buy two bottles of ale.
-[x] If by some freak stroke of luck Parsee was convinced, a bottle of spidersilk wine.
-[x] The four onis
[x] Find the fairy garrisoned closest to Lily and one adjacent to Cirno's territories. Have them pass the message along that some scouts of yours on the surface found that Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Offer your apologies if they've already found this out, but you thought they would want to know if they didn't already, even if they decide it's best to do nothing about it. Also Cirno's messenger is to drop off two bottles of ale, with your compliments. These fairies are to politely decline going too far into other leaders' territory.
-[x] If for some reason you cannot do this today, do this at the earliest available opportunity.
[x] Go read a book before bed.
-[x] "High Energy Astrophysics"
>> No. 152824
>>152815

>We are, in fact offering her something she doesn't already have - high quality booze.

There's nothing stopping her from going down to Yuugi's and picking some up herself. These aren't static NPCs, if they have a need or desire they'll act on their own to fulfill it, rather than stand around all day with a yellow exclamation point floating over their heads.



Oh, and bargaining for two days passage won't work, as even if you do go cap the point on the other side of the bridge, you'll have no way of getting your troops over once the deal runs out. The bridge takes up most of the cavern so trying to sneak past the sides is out of the question, and trying to go under it opens you up to attack from the spirits that lurk below.
>> No. 152825
>[x]You... have a point. Several of them, in fact. Sorry for bothering you.

Guys, please, please don't vote for this. The only reason Parsee has to not comply is to hurt Tabuki and the fairies we send at her. The feeling she has of Tabuki crossing the bridge as she pleases is stupid, and can be countered by simply paying her.

Nothing she said is a good enough reason, and teh way this write-in is worded, it sounds a lot like you're giving up on the brige for good. We need to take the bridge, even if we don't do it now. The main path to the surface is important.
>> No. 152826
>>152824
What about money? She can't very well go and steal from Yuugi's bar unless she wants to get her face punched in.
>> No. 152829
Is it unusual for me to read most of these posts and only see one word on each of them: DERP?
>> No. 152830
>>152829

Yes.
>> No. 152840
[x] First off, the hypothetical fairies that would be at the bridge would be under your command and could easily be told to leave Parsee alone just like her trained fairies.
[x] Second, it's merely under your command in terms of the Fairy Wars. For all intents and purposes, it would still be Parsee's bridge and she could still charge tolls like normal, just with what amounts to a gang of kids claiming they control the area around it for a game they're playing.
[x] Third, please don't act like we're being a jerk for offering compensation in return for an inconvenience. We could have threatened to have every fairy under our command make as much noise as they could around Parsee's bridge, but we didn't (and still won't, even after being denied). Instead we did this. And before she asks menacingly if that's a threat, it is not.
[x] If it helps any, there's a thing you can do to make it so you only need "command" over the bridge for two days, three at the outside.
[x] If she's sure she doesn't just want to take the wine: "Fine then. I will go away. Sorry for bothering you."
[x] Yuugi's
-[x] Buy two bottles of ale.
-[x] If by some freak stroke of luck Parsee was convinced, a bottle of spidersilk wine.
-[x] The four onis
[x] Find the fairy garrisoned closest to Lily and one adjacent to Cirno's territories. Have them pass the message along that some scouts of yours on the surface found that Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Offer your apologies if they've already found this out, but you thought they would want to know if they didn't already, even if they decide it's best to do nothing about it. Also Cirno's messenger is to drop off two bottles of ale, with your compliments. These fairies are to politely decline going too far into other leaders' territory.
-[x] If for some reason you cannot do this today, do this at the earliest available opportunity.
[x] Go read a book before bed.
-[x] "High Energy Astrophysics"

I don't give a shit about how much Parsee likes us, and neither should you guys.
>> No. 152841
>>152826
Who said anything about stealing? It's not like she's flat broke or anything.
>> No. 152842
>>152841
I'll give you that, but a bottle of wine is 50 silvers. That's a bit more than Yuugi would pay for 8 standard cave squid, if you count what Yuugi apparently normally pays people per squid.
>> No. 152844
>>152842
I think she pays 6, but that's beside the point. The point being that, while the wine is a nice gift, she isn't exactly dependent on handouts here.

She likely gets silver as well as booze for tolls, and I wouldn't be surprised if she gets an additional stipend or something for maintaining/defending the bridge. She's not a fairy, after all, so her having some form of regular income isn't outside of the realm of possibility.
>> No. 152847
Be smart.

She wants peace and quiet -- tell her we can permanently make it so there is only one fairy there, and they are bound to our command so there should be little to no noise if she wishes it for the time of the conflict.

And that if at any point we move a large detachment, we shall ensure that they pass silently and pay a tribute of the alcohol in the same movement.

She gets her quiet, booze for the intrusion and if she would always be welcome to inform the fairy we station there should she need anything.

Play it off as sharing everything -- jealousy is one thing but jealousy has no place if things are freely offered. She's jealous, not greedy.
>> No. 152897
>>152847
>>tell her we can permanently make it so there is only one fairy there.

Doesn't work that way. All territories have a minimum of 2 fairies. However, we can ONLY get 2 fairies per territory. If a territory has 12 fairies, two will be "Selected" to fight in and for Tabuki's army. Ergo, your statement is based on a false assumption.
>> No. 152898
>>152897
Except we can, you know, only station one fairy there and use the other in war actions.

Ergo, you really shouldn't use absolutes unless you're absolutely sure you're right.

That said, I think offering to make there be only one fairy is still a dumb idea, because Parsee seems pretty happy with the twelve trained fairies she currently has.
>> No. 152901
>>152815
Late, but you misunderstand. I wasn't saying it was begging for the bridge, I'm saying it's begging to get misinterpreted in a way that Parsee can use as an excuse to kick Tabby around with. Going "lol it's not an actual threat" afterwards doesn't magically make the implied threat go away, and that's assuming she'd even get the chance to get that far in that line.


And as a general note? Parsee's in the right here. She's under no obligation to help or do as you ask just because Tabby's waving booze in her face; if she doesn't want to deal with the fairies' turf war, she's well within her rights to say no.
>> No. 152902
>>152898
It's quite surprising how you can be both not understand what you think you've read, blind to what should be obvious, and antagonistic on top of that. Look back on some of our past territories we captured, where they had 4 or more fairies. When we captured those territories, we only got "2" fairies, so ask yourself, where did the rest of those fairies go? The answer is they're still there, but that they don't "Count" for our troop numbers. They're like civilians in a way.

Ergo, there will always be at least 11 fairies (12 at max) at Parsee's bridge, but only two of the twelves will become part of Tabuki's forces when we take the territory. That I have to explain this at all is exasperating.

Also, I have experience in dealing with illogical/irrational cunts like this version of Parsee is portrayed as. I stated originally that trying to bribe parsee wouldn't work, along with why, and you keep ignoring that. Stop fucking around and trying to appease her. It's not going to work. Cut your losses, fight the battle that needs to be fought, and stop flailing around like retarded idiots with appeasement and whatnot. It's a waste of everyone's fucking time.
>> No. 152903
>>152901
Ah. That makes more sense.

In regards to your other point, two things.

First, I don't know why you are complaining about Parsee having a right to say no when there is already a vote for her to decline or accept and us to go away.
Second, Parsee will be involved, whether she likes it or not, as long as she prevents us from capturing the bridge. If she wanted to stay uninvolved, she should have accepted the free wine, which, if she was going to stay out of things, would essentially have been alchohol for doing what she planned to do.
>> No. 152904
What about Morte? We saw her way early, didn't recruit her, and then she moved around to other territories, continuing to fight until we finally recruited her.
>> No. 152905
>>152902
Remember Morte? She moved.

As it happens, I asked Kahi about this in chat and fairies mostly stay around as civilians.

As for who was more antagonistic, I'll leave that for any future readers to decide.
>> No. 152906
>>152904
>>152905
Morte was setup as a potential "Anatagonist/Rival", and needed to move about as a consequence of that. Also, the "Example" you dipshits are using STILL doesn't work, due to the Underground having LIMTED SPACE and whatnot. Oh, and it's not like we don't have PAST EXAMPLES in-universe of the fairies drawing lots and whatnot to choose who would join/leave/ect.

Gods, it's like I'm surrounded by complete idiots. Oh, wait, /th/.
>> No. 152908
>>152903
The general note was directed towards those who, for some reason, are getting angry at Parsee for not rolling out the red carpet and kowtowing the moment the wine was mentioned. It's a pricy treat, not a once-in-a-lifetime experience, she's not going to bend over backwards for it.

As for the other set of votes to stick around and pester her more?

The first part isn't offering her anything that she doesn't already have.

The second part does nothing but state the obvious.

The third part? Trying to make Tabby out as the victim isn't going to work, as she's in the wrong here, and the second half is easily construed as a veiled threat. And, again, going "it's totally not a threat, really" at the end won't make it suddenly go away.


Reminder: Tabby walked up, announced she was planning on attacking in the near future, and then acted like waving some alcohol in Parsee's face would make her go away, and absolutely no mention or offer was made for continuing payments for use of the bridge after it was taken(And, let's face it, I'm willing to bet a fair number of you honestly thought she'd let you use the bridge as you wished once it was taken). Given that she's clearly territorial and very possessive over what is hers, her anger is understandable.
>> No. 152910
>>152906

I can only assume that you're referring the Doll's Quest Thread 2, where Emerald drew lots to decide who would stay with Lily and who would go. Notably, there, Lily forced out all the civilian fairies that didn't follow her (i.e. Emerald). If anything, that shows that we would be able to force out civilian fairies.

And whether fairies are confined to the Underground and/or confined solely to war territories is up to debate.

Of course, if I'm wrong, I'm fine with being corrected.
>> No. 152911
>>152908

I could go into what each part is for, but it seems the arguing would go on forever.

Let me make something clear: you seem to be assuming that I care what Parsee thinks of Tabby after this. This is not true. This is Parsee's last chance to get free wine before we leave, train our magic, buy some armor, get more troops/meatshields, and eventually come back and TAKE the bridge whether Parsee likes it or not.

But wait, I anticipate you replying. Parsee is dangerous and powerful. Well, yes. That's what the word 'eventually' up there is for.

Please forgive me for being curt, but I'm kind of tired of arguing with a guy whose arguments make as little sense as I'm sure mine do to you. Count this as a victory by default if you want.
>> No. 152913
>>152910
Don't reply to him, man. He's either a troll or someone who can't stand not having the last word.

By the way, you are correct. Kahi did also say that forcing fairies out was possible.
>> No. 152914
>>152911
Tabby may eventually be able to take her down.

Doesn't mean she'll stay down.
>> No. 152916
[x] "What's your toll, bridge princess? If you cooperate, I will have reasons to cross the bridge, and pay the toll for every fairy that crosses it to fight beyond it."

How about this?
>> No. 152934
>>152916

That...may actually work, yeah. Though it could be expensive, depending on how may fairies we need to send, but it's stil better than most suggestions here.

Changed and deleted my previous vote.

[x] "What's your toll, bridge princess? If you cooperate and I conquer this area for the Fairy Wars, I will have reasons to cross the bridge. In order to continue advancing, I will pay the toll for every fairy that crosses the bridge under my orders."
-[x] If negotiations arise, offer 1 silver per 2 fairies, but a limit of 1 silver per fairy. Offer leaving the stationed fairies under her command, as helpers/errand girls, etc."
>> No. 152935
[x] "What's your toll, bridge princess? If you cooperate and I conquer this area for the Fairy Wars, I will have reasons to cross the bridge. In order to continue advancing, I will pay the toll for every fairy or other unit that crosses the bridge under my orders."
-[x] If negotiations arise, offer 1 silver per 2 units or a bottle of ale per six units, rounding up. You could be bargained down to a silver a unit or a bottle of ale per four units, again rounding up. Offer leaving the stationed fairies under her command, as helpers/errand girls, etc."
-[x] Make sure you're both negotiating a price for there and back.
[x] Yuugi's
-[x] Buy two bottles of ale.
-[x] The four onis
[x] Find the fairy garrisoned closest to Lily and one adjacent to Cirno's territories. Have them pass the message along that some scouts of yours on the surface found that Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Offer your apologies if they've already found this out, but you thought they would want to know if they didn't already, even if they decide it's best to do nothing about it. Also Cirno's messenger is to drop off two bottles of ale, with your compliments. These fairies are to politely decline going too far into other leaders' territory.
-[x] If for some reason you cannot do this today, do this at the earliest available opportunity.
[x] Go read a book before bed.
-[x] "Science for Idiots"

We've got a discount on ale, might as well make use of that in negotiations.
>> No. 152940
[x] "What's your toll, bridge princess? If you cooperate and I conquer this area for the Fairy Wars, I will have reasons to cross the bridge. In order to continue advancing, I will pay the toll for every fairy or other unit that crosses the bridge under my orders."
-[x] If negotiations arise, offer 1 silver per 2 units or a bottle of ale per six units, rounding up. You could be bargained down to a silver a unit or a bottle of ale per four units, again rounding up. Offer leaving the stationed fairies under her command, as helpers/errand girls, etc.
-[x] Make sure you're both negotiating a price for there and back.
[x] Yuugi's
-[x] The four onis
[x] Ready a letter/messenger for Cirno/Lily when the fairies return, inquiring if Luna has already been rescued by Sunny and Star from the mansion. Last you heard, there was a rumour about Luna being imprisioned in the mansion.
[x] Go read a book before bed.
-[x] High Energy Astrophysics

This seems better and civil.
>> No. 152941
[x] "Well, if you insist, then I guess you give me no choice. If you do interfere, I will have every fairy of the underground, from the deepest sub tunnels to the holes leading to the surface come here at the same time and make as much noise as possible. Everyday. Untill you stop being an ass and stay in your corner."
[x] "The best thing about having an army of fairies, is that their numbers never go down. They are also surprisingly good at taking orders."
[x] "We will bother and annoy you everyday, in the worst possible way, non stop, wether by making random noises, or by actively poking your face while you sleep."
I

[x]You... have a point. Several of them, in fact. Sorry for bothering you.
IIII

[x] "You know what, forget it. Why did I even thought talking to someone like you would bring any good? You obviously just want to be an ass, so I will just leave and let you be the ass you want to be alone."
I

[x] If it helps any, I only need "command" over your bridge for two days, three at the outside.
II(I)
[x] If she's sure she doesn't just want to take the wine: "Fine then. I will go away. Sorry for bothering you."
II

[x] First off, the hypothetical fairies that would be at the bridge would be under your command and could easily be told to leave Parsee alone just like her trained fairies.
[x] Second, it's merely under your command in terms of the Fairy Wars. For all intents and purposes, it would still be Parsee's bridge and she could still charge tolls like normal, just with what amounts to a gang of kids claiming they control the area around it for a game they're playing.
[x] Third, please don't act like we're being a jerk for offering compensation in return for an inconvenience. We could have threatened to have every fairy under our command make as much noise as they could around Parsee's bridge, but we didn't (and still won't, even after being denied). Instead we did this. And before she asks menacingly if that's a threat, it is not.
[x] If she's sure she doesn't just want to take the wine: "Fine then. I will leave you alone. Sorry for bothering you."
III

[x] "No, I would still be paying to cross the bridge. Fairies, however, they never pay for anything. Not that more fairies not paying you is gonna make any difference, anyway."
[x] "Now, I don't care about this bridge. Really, I don't want to bother wasting time with this place, but I need to in order to advance and punch the fairies from the surface. I only need it for a day, a single day. After that, I will remove my fairy and not bother you again, for as long as we can help it."
[x] "So, what is it that you may want so I can have my way and deliver pain to the surface?"
I

[x] "What's your toll, bridge princess? If you cooperate, I will have reasons to cross the bridge, and pay the toll for every fairy that crosses it to fight beyond it."
IIII
-[x] If negotiations arise, offer 1 silver per 2 fairies, but a limit of 1 silver per fairy. Offer leaving the stationed fairies under her command, as helpers/errand girls, etc."
I
-[x] If negotiations arise, offer 1 silver per 2 units or a bottle of ale per six units, rounding up. You could be bargained down to a silver a unit or a bottle of ale per four units, again rounding up. Offer leaving the stationed fairies under her command, as helpers/errand girls, etc."
II
-[x] Make sure you're both negotiating a price for there and back.
II

-----------------------------

[x]Assuming there's still time, head back to the city and pay Lopez a visit. Filling out your uniforms to further boost your income would be nice, and as your forces are running into spiders there's a good chance you'll be able to find some webbing and knowing where you could sell it or get it spun into silk would be handy.
I

[x] Yuugi's
-[x] Buy two bottles of ale.
IIIIII
-[x] If by some freak stroke of luck Parsee was convinced, a bottle of spidersilk wine.
IIII
-[x] The four onis
IIIIIIIII


[x] Go to Lopez's if there will be plenty of time to read a book before bed.
-[x] If not, go read "The Giant Spider: Care, Feeding, and Riding of".
II
-[x] If not, go read "Master of Empire".
I

[x] Find the fairy garrisoned closest to Lily and one adjacent to Cirno's territories. Have them pass the message along that some scouts of yours on the surface found that Luna Child is currently imprisoned in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Offer your apologies if they've already found this out, but you thought they would want to know if they didn't already, even if they decide it's best to do nothing about it. Also Cirno's messenger is to drop off two bottles of ale, with your compliments. These fairies are to politely decline going too far into other leaders' territory.
-[x] If for some reason you cannot do this today, do this at the earliest available opportunity.
IIIIIII


[x] Ready a letter/messenger for Cirno/Lily when the fairies return, inquiring if Luna has already been rescued by Sunny and Star from the mansion. Last you heard, there was a rumour about Luna being imprisioned in the mansion.
I

[x]Go read Clinical handbook of mindfulness
II

[x] If there is time, go read a book.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
I
-[x] High Energy Astrophysics
I

[x] Go read a book before bed.
-[x] "High Energy Astrophysics"
III
-[x] "Science for Idiots"
II

SUDDENLY VOTES, right as I start tallying.
>> No. 152945
Bah, it figures I walk in right before another write-up. Bleh. Hey Kahi, I'm throwing up another vote for what book to read.

[x] Go read a book before bed.
-[x] "High Energy Astrophysics"
>> No. 152947
File 132797250545.jpg - (264.49KB , 600x825 , 1600e449e4740902634d7d03541e102b9120d607.jpg ) [iqdb]
152947
"... Very well. If you will not take my offer, then I would know what you consider reasonable, Bridge Princess, as a toll to cross and return."Cha d10=10

"You might have started off there, with the negotiations. Instead of going out of your way to piss me off." Parsee said, instead of following up on the opening.

"It was a perfectly reasonable offer." Tabuki protests.

"The hell. It was." Parsee bit off. "Do I walk up into your house out of the blue and go 'Hey, tiny bitch I met all of once, I need you to piss off while I do stuff in your bedroom, have a keg and leg it'?"

"That's not what I said."

"That's exactly what you said." Parsee counters. "Without so much as a how-do-you-do."

"You're going to insist on being difficult about this, aren't you." Tabuki grumbles. "I'm not sure why I'm even bothering. But have it your way."

".... I'm the one being difficult about things."

"I'll offer you a silver for every round trip of two fairies under my command." Tabuki says, ignoring the flat words. "Or a bottle of ale for the round trip of a half dozen."

Parsee is staring at Tabuki now, as though contemplating how much distance she might clear with a solid kick.

"... I'm the Bridgekeeper." She says, arms crossed. "I keep this passage secured, and the spirits below from screwing around with the bridge. As it turns out, how I deal with travelers is more or less at my own discretion. Some ways are preferred, yeah. But I have options, and I use them."

"I'm not sure what you're saying, here." Tabuki replies.

"What I'm saying is: If I like you, I can make travel easy for you, through here. If I don't, I can make it a pain." Parsee says, eyes narrowing. "And you are not giving me a whole lot of reasons to like you."

"That's an unfair accusation!"

"Shut up. We first met, you blast me in the face with fire. Then you try to use me to keep your enemy occupied, don't think I don't know how you were hoping that would go. I let it slide then because the both of us called you on that right away." Parsee snapped.

"That's not it at all! I-"

"And now you come to my bridge." Parsee continues strong. "Full of grandstanding arrogance, first making demands, and only after I tell you where you can stick them, you start nosing about negotiations, and offering token payment at best. Oh, you've not yet begun to see me being difficult. But if you insist, then I'll happily oblige you. I'll let your armies cross, for whatever it is you want to have them do in the main passage. For twenty silvers a head."

Tabuki spends a moment floundering at the outrageous price stated per fairy.

"That isn't-"

"You aren't happy with my toll?" Parsee almost hummed, eyes glinting. "Why that's just... regrettable, isn't it. Of course you are welcome to try and cross by force."

Parsee is smiling widely. Showing a number of her teeth.

"... Bah." Tabuki says, seeing where the bridge princess might have a point here and there, but being completely unwilling by this point to admit to it aloud. Still, probably better to leave before more heated words were thrown about. "My apologies, then for wasting your time. Since it seems to be in such high demand."

Parsee's grin twists.

"... That's right, I remember that too, now. A couple of the fairies were mumbling about things that 'Sunny Milk' was doing around the entrance. I wasn't interested in hearing it. I wonder if it means anything to you?"

"I don't see why you'd care if it did." Tabuki snapped.

"Honestly? I don't. But I hoped it would infuriate you. Oh well. Now get out of my sight, before I decide you're trying to take a shot at brute forcing your way through."

Tabuki was half tempted to go ahead and do just that. And she didn't much feel like skulking away as though Parsee's own demands held any sway. But after a moment, she bit down the urge to either swear or fling firebolts around, turned, and stalked away.

---

The long walk through and around the caverns and tunnels, to deliver messages and ensure they would be passed on properly gives Tabuki enough time to cool down, as she dragged Cirno's messenger to Yuugi's bar and handed off bottled drinks. The fairy would manage to deliver them, despite the slight wobble in carting them off.

"I wonder if she's always like that..." Tabuki mumbles to herself.

"Who?" Yuugi chimes in.

"That... ugh. Witch of a bridgekeeper." Tabuki grumbles, continuing on to explain the encounter after Yuugi motioned her on.

"... Huh. Well, just me saying, but you got off kind of light. Especially since she was kind of in the right, there." Yuugi muses. "Pissing her off like that, you're lucky she didn't pick you up and squeeze until you passed out, then drop what was left of you over the side of the bridge."

"Tch. Unstable and violent too..."

"No, like I said, she was in the right here." Yuugi pointed out. "I'm not just saying it because I get along all right with her, either. You did everything she accused you of, or at least looked a whole lot like it from the outside. You might as well have been going out of your way to slap her in the face and insult her, when it comes down to it."

"Wh.... but!"

"It's going to be a hard lesson, kid... but not everyone in the world is just going to bend over backwards to help you out with every little thing you think of just because you want them to." Yuugi continued, in an aggravatingly patronizing tone. The sort you use in speaking to a headstrong and foolish child. "In all seriousness? You wanted to make talks about that sort of thing, you'd have done a whole lot better to bring a gift to butter her up with, today. Probably an apology too, if you actually felt bad about anything you did. She'd know you didn't if you didn't bother to apologize, of course, but she's not the sort you lie to, even for those sorts that say one thing and mean any of a dozen others. But bring, like, a cask of ale. And then, you back off, let her relax with your gift, and come back a few days later with another cask, after she's drunk through a fair bit of the first and started to realize she's running out, and then, once she has that, you start suggesting about this thing you want to do. She'd probably have been a whole lot happier to hear you out, then."

"... Do you think that would still work?" Tabuki said, thoughtfully.

"Not a chance in hell." Yuugi denies, emphatically. "You had your chance, and fucked it up, kid, even with her giving you the benefit of the doubt over your first meeting. You're stuck, now, and it's going to be a hard, uphill fight to get anywhere with her."

"Hm..." Tabuki said, thinking it over.

"Hey. You doubting my Oni honesty, here?" Yuugi said, feigning insult. "I may not play the game too much, but that doesn't mean I can't know the rules. There's no chance, by this point."

"Alright then.... but tell me, those four Oni you've been pushing back into shape. Are they doing well?" Tabuki asks.

"Eh, none of them have died yet, if that's what you're asking." Yuugi says dismissively. "They're nowhere near their old fighting form, of course, but they should definitely be up to swatting a few fairies again, these days."

Yuugi pauses, and a slow grin crosses her face.

".... In fact. I'd bet on it." She says, smirking. "If you're willing to throw your fairies into another match-up against them, anyway, to see how far they've clawed their way back up personally."

"Hm.... I'll have to think about that." Tabuki says, not completely certain.

"Well, if you decide to give it a go, feel free to make a wager. I think I have more than enough silvers to match what you might bring to the table." Yuugi says. "I'll cap it at a bet of a thousand, though, and the winner takes all. Or if you think up something else suitable, we can talk."

"If I do decide on something like that, you'll be sure to hear of it." Tabuki said. "I should probably go now, though. Time to head back to the Palace, and all."

"Yeah, you head off." Yuugi says, turning back to the afternoon crowd.

There's enough time, Tabuki thinks, to read a book. It will likely keep her up until later at night, though.

---

[ ] Pick a book [5 silvers]

New:

-Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 120, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.


Delaying turning day over because I need to sleep sometime tonight, and I'd rather not spend all of it putting things in order
>> No. 152951
[x] High Energy Astrophysics.

I'm not gonna comment anything.
>> No. 152953
File 13279747291.gif - (83.11KB , 150x150 , Joker.gif ) [iqdb]
152953
Well, it has to be said.

"I told you so!"

It was stated that plan wouldn't work. Why? Bargaining of any kind involves the CHA stat. You know, the one Tabby has shit scores in. So congratulations, your retarded flailings have made the situation with Parsee worse than what they originally were.
>> No. 152954
>>152953
Pff, like she was going to agree to anything anyway.
>> No. 152955
[x] Clinical handbook of mindfulness

Tabby need to learn to read the goddamn mood of people.

And now the situation with Parsee is screwed to the point that it will take a long time before she ever deign to give us another chance. Hopefully, those who voted to continue bargaining will actually have listened to Yuugi.
>> No. 152956
Most of what happened was because we got a Crit Fail. Even if we had a good plan before hand it still would have gone under.

A normal fail would have given us a second chance.
>> No. 152957
I try to be civil, and saying something like "I told you so" feels a bit childish, but frankly?

I told you so.

I'd go into further, but really, Yuugi confirmed pretty much everything I'd been saying up to this point.

[x]Order a bottle of wine and ask Yuugi to send it over to Parsee. Not for anything related to the bridge, but because(to quote Xykon) this is your individual Idiot Tax. This is what this fiasco costs you, personally. Parsee didn't do anything to deserve the sort of treatment you gave her. You'd apologize in person, but you honestly don't think it'd come out right, and, frankly, you don't think she'd care to hear it right now.

[x]High Energy Astrophysics
>> No. 152958
>sleep

Sleep? Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!
You write too much for us thankless readers. You should take a day off more than once a week.

Anyway, I'm laughing at our critical fail. Why is it that whenever we try to use a stat, and expect it to go wrong, we still get an even worse situation than we anticipated?

It seems like Parsee's path is pretty much blocked off. I'd guess that we'd be able to force our way through, if we tried. But it's not worth the loss of status--It's clear that Parsee would fight us every step of the way, We'd probably take an influence hit with Yuugi, who thinks Parsee's in the right, not to mention our own time to recover and benefit. Moreover, her territory seems to lead straight into Sunny territory. It might be better than against Cirno, but... I'd go with Star Sapphire's territories to get to the surface. She's the only one we haven't met. We have to eventually contest the fairies' lands.

With Yuugi's brawlers, they look like 1d50+25, with 120 hp. In short, enough to really fuck us up. Actually, just powergaming this, there's a 'simple' flaw in the system. Using a shitload of mooks. when 1d50+25 hits against 10hp, it just one instagib. Even spread up among 4, it does an average of 12.6 damage each. In the most ideal situation, where they hit only 13+hp mooks, we'll be losing 2 a round for the first three turns, then 10 a round after.

On the other hand, if we use every single (non-territory/maid) fairy we have, we will really fuck some shit up. Every fairy, under Emerald, will do an average total damage of 330 per turn. With a successful strategy roll, which we might be able to do, we'll get a 371 damage, enough to feasibly kill 3/4 of her force on the first turn. It's a First Strike attack, and it's completely insane, but we could win by sheer grit and numbers. Mostly numbers.
>> No. 152959
Kahi's mentioned that there are paths to the surface that wouldn't require smashing through another Leader's territory. I'm assuming the Kappa Labs is the best way to go at the moment, though we'll have to see what the defense is like.
>> No. 152960
>>152957
It's nice to see someone else trying to be civil. While I may disagree with you, hopefully we can come to some sort of agreement and maintain a politer tone than some of the previous posts in this thread.

I disagree with you on the matter of sending Parsee a bottle of wine. My reasoning behind this is that Parsee could very well think we are trying to throw money around to solve our problems. I believe I am supported in this by her previous actions. Parsee seems to have consistently taken the things we say in the worst possible meaning, for example summarizing our original offer as "I need you to piss off while I do stuff in your bedroom, have a keg and leg it".

[x] Neurology
>> No. 152961
>Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 120, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.

Before people start whinning or completely ignore it, I made some math here, and it seems we actually have a pretty good chance of winning. If, of course, we do not invade any terrytory when we accept the rematch, since we will need every fairy avaiable.

Melee damage:
Pure troops: 159-200
With Emerald: 211-252
Emerald and Strategy Bonus: 237-278

Ranged damage:
Pure troops: 89-113
With Strategy Bonus: 107-131

Includes the fairies we've just recruited. 3 MMs and 1 DM, since the fourth MM recruited has Necrophobe 2 and would attack our own undead troops.

Currently, we have 3 MM and 6 DMs without weapons (Marshmallow included), but we've just bought a Copper rod for the Battle-scarred DM Ruby Waters (included in the numbers), s nect turn it's 5 DMs without weapons..

Total Oni HP is 480. We can deal 344 damage in a full turn (Range+Melee), but with 107d on the first turn, we deal 451d in two turns. That's 3,75 oni in two turns. Then the lsat remmaining oni kills 4 fairies, at best, and he loses in the third turn.

Were we to buy 4 more PM rods, our ranged troops would deal 121 minimun damage, effectively defeating an Oni in a single turn, and most probably the other three on the second turn (242 ranged + 237~278 melee; we will hardly roll only minimun damage), giving us the victory in two turn. But that costs money, and we need some to bet with Yuugi, and we're gonna start securing the labs tomorrow, and we need to talk to Nitori (she asked to meet her when we reached the labs, to discuss payment).

Oni damage output is irrelevant, minimun damage (26) kills almost anyone in one hit. If we attack first, which we should, because of the ranged attacks, we will lose only1 or four fairies. Also, Kahi hinted that equipment might be destroyed if the fairy is one-shotted. Armor, though, 100% sure if they are hit, but then agian, they don't make any difference.
>> No. 152962
>>152960
It's just another one of those things that I'm voting for that I don't really expect anybody to vote along with, and admittedly because I really wanted to use a Xykon quote for some reason.
>> No. 152964
Suggested action. I'd wait for implementation until tomorrow, but I'm putting it out here now so people can see it.

Mooks only get XP toward changing to maid classes when they're wearing the uniforms. Since our turnover right now is about 10 turns to the next Barmaid rank, I suggest we switch the uniforms over to the mooks. It's the same daily income, which is based on ranks and suits independently, but it's a faster increase in income.
>> No. 152965
>>152964

Worth to mention that the bar/housemaid classes continue to rank up even if without the uniforms, only slower.
>> No. 152966
>>152961

A few ideas came up as what rewards we could ask for.

Pure money
Clothes from Pierre
Increased wages for the Working Fairies
Something brawler related. Maybe free/special trainning, or taking mroe than 4 fairies?
Help to deliver Mima's letter. She should have met Marisa. Even if she doesn't know where to find the witch, we could ask for transportation to and from the surface.
Help with the Parsee/Bridge issue
Aid in war battles and/or have the four oni fight for us. Might be a one time thing.
Another visit to Mima. The oni guard Mima, so maybe Yuugi could arrange a meeting, with Satori knowing it, of course. After delivering the letter and receiving the first lesson, if we can't meet her again.

Thing is, we only have 50 silver now, and next turn it should be 90, and we need to talk to Nitori to discuss payment while securing the labs. So we have a major lack of anything to bet against her 1000 silver.

>"Five hundred years ago, and any one of you could have taken on every last fairy, zombie, squid monster, and evil spirit in the underground all at once, between getting out of bed in the morning and eating breakfast"

A quote from the match against the oni. Might be useful, if she thinks 41 fairies against 4 oni is overkill/unfair. But that's unlikely, as seen from her own quote.
>> No. 152968
>>152966
She said maximum bet is 1000, not minimum.

Anyway, we might want to finish reaching Nitori's place first before calling back every fairy and putting everyone else at garrison. Onis may be a bit stronger by then, but Nitori IS waiting, so she should take priority.

As for Parsee issue, Yuugi already said we fucked it up too bad. Unless something happen, time is the only thing that can help.

Nice idea to ask help for Marisa. No idea how much Yuugi can help, but it's worth a try, if Nitori doesn't give access to surface.
>> No. 152970
>>152961
I’m having some slight problems accurately reproducing your figures. If you could post what, and how many, fairies you are using it would be easier to double check. We could gain four more fairies by garrisoning the lamia, ash and the two lost spirits, and if we really have to, gain 8 more by garrisoning our workers.
>> No. 152972
>>152970
>If you could post what, and how many, fairies you are using it would be easier to double check.
>since we will need every fairy avaiable.

In other words, all the unstationed fairies. So, no garrison, Working Fairies, Roryal Maids and fairies trainning with Meira.

>We could gain four more fairies by garrisoning the lamia, ash and the two lost spirits

Except these four aren't fairies and shouldn't take part of the battle.
>> No. 152973
>>152972
I think he meant garrisoning those mentioned would free up a fairy from a territory.
>> No. 152974
>>152973

Ah, right, I guess that's fine.
>> No. 152975
[x]High Energy Astrophysics

Gravity control? I have no idea what High Energy Astrophysics migh be.
>> No. 152976
Quick note: I don't believe Tabby has used her Bind of the day yet. Not sure how much of a trek getting to the areas with other spirits would be, so you may have to settle for Earth.
>> No. 152977
[x] Clinical handbook of mindfulness

As nice as maybe mastering gravity now is, it's clear by now Tabby should check for ways to speak better. You guys think we should ask Satori or someone else if someone could teach 'speech', so to say?
>> No. 152981
>>152977
If Sakura's schedule ever opens up, she'd probably be your best bet for it. Not right now though, of course.

I will, however, point out that all the diplomacy lessons and Charisma bonuses in the world are meaningless if Anon keeps telling her to do stupid things.
>> No. 152983
>>152981
We'd be more likely to succeed in doing stupid things. Not sure if this is a good thing, though.
>> No. 152984
>>152972
Hrm, still not getting quite the same results as you. Only off by a few dmg-points though, so it doesn’t harm your conclusion in any meaningful way. Anyway, Nitori takes priority so I’m going to shelve the calculations for now and post a falsifiable one when we are done with her quest.
>> No. 152988
[x]High Energy Astrophysics
[x] If no binding has been done, bind earth spirit to a PM Large Shield when the troops come back.

2 Charisma won't change things much. We have a tendency of critically failing CHA rolls. If we gained a stat point, I'd rather maximize agility, unless we can get 10 MAG when that happens.
>> No. 152989
>>152988
Pretty much. It's generally going to be easier to avoid or mitigate Cha checks than it is to shore the stat up, and it would also help if *insert grousing on poor decision making here*. And for all that I'd be up for boosting Agi/Int/Mag to increasingly ridiculous levels, I wouldn't be against a point of Power to see if that bumps up her overall durability, given that there's been some spells that look like they ignore evasion.
>> No. 152991
What we really need is someone else to do the negotiating for us.

A highly charismatic fairy in some sort of diplomaths costume. No idea what that would look like in Gensokio, but things would go over much better if we left that stuff for someone else.
We make plans, magic stuff, fight and organize. Time to learn how to delegate what we cannot do. Build up a comman structure. Officers, and so on. Could boost troops in battle!
>> No. 152992
>>152991
Except when some want to meet us face-to-face.

Like Kahi said before, charisma level is at: people feel like killing us each time we open our mouth. It wouldn't kill to at least learn to not say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Besides, mindfulness could give a bonus to perception too, considering what it means.
>> No. 152993
Still, even if they want to meet us face to face having someone there to coach us, smoth over our mistakes and generally make nice would help.

Maybe we can make it so that we have an invisible little helper whispering in our ears how to not offend everyone we meet?
>> No. 152996
>>152993
We don't have 'invisible little helpers' and we have no means to make one anyway.

But you know, as for some coaching, why not ask Emerald for some basics (unless she's seriously needed for a battle)?
>> No. 152999
>>152975
Wikipedia says that it has to do with stuff that emits high-wavelength EM radiation, so it'll probably improve our blast spell. It does say black holes are among the objects studied, though, so possibly.
>> No. 153000
>>152999

Another thing is Supernova, and high energy radiation. So it may give us some rad resistance, or it might help us about what Yatagarasu was fighting, etc.
>> No. 153083
File 132831818721.jpg - (268.19KB , 849x485 , sample-bded9de78cd2dc254c0c18d0d672999a.jpg ) [iqdb]
153083
High energy astrophysics.

In some respects, it's very similar to the discussions Tabuki has had with Okuu, simply pertaining to celestial bodies and their emissions in specific. In others, it's close to things she knows by working with her own unique abilities.

Black Holes, in specific, are fascinating for her. Gravity so massive that its inexorable pull to a single, ultra-dense point traps and inevitably sucks in even light...

She is absorbed by the reading, and it's late into the night when she finally puts it aside and retreats for slumber. There's a spell she thinks she can manage, now, and she feels somewhat closer to a breakthrough in the power of her gravity-manipulation. It'll take some work, still, however.

The morning comes early, and Tabuki has not gotten as much sleep as she might have, but she rises anyway, out of bleary habit, to give the morning's orders.

---

Tabuki has learned spell: Mini-Flare. (Offensive, Non-Elemental OR Fire)

Scouting Reports

Labs-1
Kappa Wrench-monkey, Mini-Cannon Turret x2, MMx6, DMx6, Mini Robo Spider x8

Subtunnels II: reports cannot always determine exact numbers or details.
Area 1(nw)- Lots of spiders, several zombies, some fairies, vCSx1
Area 2(ne)- A few Cave Squid, eSpiderx1, some smaller spiders, one lost spirit, several MM, DMx1.
Area 3(se)- Lots of Cave Squid, Lots of Spiders, Lots of zombies, MMx1, DMx1
Area 4(sw)- A handful of Evil Spirits, many zombies (at least one Master), several Spiders, some fairies.

Tunnels II-6
Elite Archer: 35hp, Damage 2d4+6
-Equip: [Carved Bow and Arrows] +4 damage. (2d4+10)
Elite Miko: 30hp, Damage 1d3+7
-Equip: [Flint Spear] +4/+2 damage (1d3+11/9)
-Equip: [Miko Cosplay] +4hp, bonus (34hp)

Tunnels II-7
Elite Archer: 35hp, Damage 2d4+6
-Equip: [Carved Bow and Arrows] +4 damage. (2d4+10)
-Equip: [Leather Vest] +3hp (38hp)
Master Miko: 36hp, damage 1d3+9
-Equip: [Shrine Priestess Robes] +12hp, bonus

Updated report
Princess' Troll Bridge:
DMx12, 10hp, damage 1d2
-Equip: [Mystic Golden Jade Hairpins (Rod)] +16 damage (1d2+16)
[Parsee Mizuhashi] is prepared to defend against any assault you make.

1 Copper Rod delivered from smithy
1 Iron Rod won by [Marshmallow Buttons] on a bet.
Current Silvers: 97


Injury breakdown:
Tabuki- 100/100hp, 5525mp
Meira- 43/120hp
Ash- 53/60hp
BARRIER- 98/115hp
Lamia- 45/45hp

Lamia looks a little bigger, somehow.

Yojimbo Training: 1/4 days complete.

---

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
-- [ ]Oni Rematch, Oni x4, HP 120, Damage 26-75, 50% chance of spreading damage through up to 4 opponents.
--- [ ] Wager with Yuugi on outcome: Yuugi will match up to a 1000 silver bet. Non-monetary wagers must be discussed personally.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Pick a fight.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Sakura
-- [ ] Healing: Current price = 2s per 1hp healed.
-- [ ] Utsuho [Influence/Perception]
-- [ ] Miko Training [Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in.
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship [Influence, Rank]
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus.
In Process.
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels II area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 153088
Abstaining from Gear/Binding votes, though I would like to see if shoving a lightning spirit into a weapon would give additional bonuses vs. mechs.


[x]Talk to Nitori, I believe she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to what the mini-robo spiders are made of, and if you can salvage the wrecks after if it's something other than pot metal.
-[x]Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start
[x]Ask Nitori if that room from last time(or a similar one) is free, you've gone through a book on Astrophysics and you think you're close-ish to another breakthrough.
[x]Practice makes perfect
[x]Assuming there's time, talk to Okuu about physics some more, she might be able to further your education now that you're caught up on the reading side of things.
[x]Failing that, or if you somehow still have time left after everything, read... Chemistry: A Core Study.

Might as well get to work on what's left of the science stuff, for all that I wouldn't mind hitting Rune of Doom or Sorcery of Storm.
>> No. 153089
[x] Cast Deadsight on Indead. Maybe you can precise the earlier scouting reports yourself.
[x] Bind Fire Spirit into Newdead's 2H Axe.
[x] Go see Nitori, as she asked to discuss payment when you reached the labs. And to see how hard you can hit the opposing kappas too, yeah.
[x] Emerald.
-- [x] Ask about fairy versatility. (She's going to the labs with you, you can talk to her Tabby)
[x] Lighten the troop's weight when arriving at the labs, before the fight starts.


[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Give the Iron Rod to Ellete, Copper Rods to Ruby Waters and Chiko.
-[x] Order 2 PM Spiked Gauntlet for Indead and Narutaru.
[x] Battles:
[x] Invade Labs1: Little Devas, all ZFs, all FFs, Vanice, Russet, Akira, Vanda, Chiko, Levina and Fabrizia.
-[x] Did you remember to buff the troops when arriving at the labs, Tabby?
-[x] Knock out the Kappa first, then the robo spiders. Ignore the Cannons and do not engage them until all others have been defeated and if you absolutely has to. Vanda and Vanice are to shield Emerald from the cannons, if needed/possible.
[x] Invade Tunnels V-2
-[x] Ash (BARRIER), Henna, Morte, Yumiko, Marshmallow, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Dena, Beatrice, Ruby, Elizabeth, Ain, Soph,
--[x] Hit the spiders first, one by one, then the squids.
[x] Invade Tunnels VI-2
-[x] Lamia, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Narutaru, ALexandria, Denny.
--[x] Kill the spider first, then the Zombie, then the squids. If Lamia is taken by a squids, free her.

Group going to the labs shuld be just enough to take down the Kappa, which will turn the cannons useless after thr first turn, and 5~7 spiders on turn two, assuming Emerld isn't knocked out by the cannons first, and we pass the strategy roll.

Other groups should have enough for a victory.

And by the gods, talking with Emerald on the way to the labs shouldn't remove her from battle. That would be retarded, since she and Tabby are going to where she is invading, and people can talk while walking.
>> No. 153090
>>153089
Reducing their weight before the fight starts won't do anything, the effect ends the instant she stops using the power. You're not going to get a Haste/First Strike effect off of that.
>> No. 153094
>>153090
>the effect ends the instant she stops using the power

Ah, really? I thougth it was a permanent change...
>> No. 153098
File 13283624494.png - (232.56KB , 2463x981 , OOB12_Proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
153098
>>153089
Some comments:

*Pebbles or Sayaka and Maki or Mieszko have not been assigned a productive task.

*Team TV-2 is heavily over-stacked, could transfer some fairies to Labs-1.

*Team Labs-1s ranged component consists of a fair amount of lethal damage directed at a mortal unit that must not die. It would perhaps be wise to exchange some FFs for DMs to limit the harm done to the kappa.
>> No. 153104
>>153098

>>153089 here.

Is this better? TV-2 still has the same number of fairies, but they the labs shuold be a sure-victory with the four new fairies.

Also, FF total damage is 47-57, while DM is around 22-25. As long as the DMs attack after the FF, the kappa should be knocked out by non-lethal damage and not die.


[x] Cast Deadsight on Indead. Maybe you can precise the sub-tunnels scouting reports yourself.
[x] Bind Fire Spirit into Newdead's 2H Axe.
[x] Go see Nitori.
[x] Emerald.
-[x] Ask about fairy versatility. (She's going to the labs with you, you can talk to her Tabby)


[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Give the Iron Rod to Ellete, Copper Rods to Ruby Waters and Chiko.
-[x] Order 2 PM Spiked Gauntlet for Indead and Narutaru.
-[x] Unstation Deathblossoms, Pebbles, Octavia and Sayaka. Station Kohaku on TII-05.

[x] Battles:
[x] Invade Labs1: Little Devas, all ZFs, all FFs, Vanice, Russet, Akira, Vanda, Deathblossoms, Pebbles, Chiko, Levina, Fabrizia, Octavia and Sayaka.
-[x] Knock out the Kappa first, then the robo spiders. FFs are to attack before the DMs, as to not kill the kappa. Ignore the Cannons and do not engage them until all others have been defeated and if it is absolutely necessary. The four new recruits are to shield Emerald from the cannons, if needed/possible.
[x] Invade Tunnels V-2
-[x] Ash (BARRIER), Henna, Morte, Yumiko, Marshmallow, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Dena, Beatrice, Ruby, Elizabeth, Ain, Soph.
--[x] Hit the spiders first, one by one, then the squids.
[x] Invade Tunnels VI-2
-[x] Lamia, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Narutaru, ALexandria, Denny.
--[x] Kill the spider first, then the Zombie, then the squids. Lamia should avoid the spider, and if she is taken by a squid, she is to be rescued immediatly.

>>153089 here.
>> No. 153108
[x] Cast Deadsight on Indead. Maybe you can precise the sub-tunnels scouting reports yourself.
[x] Bind Fire Spirit into Newdead's 2H Axe.
[x] Go see Nitori.
[x] Emerald.
-[x] Ask about fairy versatility. (She's going to the labs with you, you can talk to her Tabby)


[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Give the Iron Rod to Ellete, Copper Rods to Ruby Waters and Chiko.
-[x] Order 2 PM Spiked Gauntlet for Indead and Narutaru.
-[x] Unstation Deathblossoms, Pebbles, Octavia and Sayaka. Station Kohaku on TII-05.

[x] Battles:
[x] Invade Labs1: Little Devas, all ZFs, all FFs, Vanice, Russet, Akira, Vanda, Deathblossoms, Pebbles, Chiko, Levina, Fabrizia, Octavia and Sayaka.
-[x] Knock out the Kappa first, then the robo spiders. FFs are to attack before the DMs, as to not kill the kappa. Ignore the Cannons and do not engage them until all others have been defeated and if it is absolutely necessary. The four new recruits are to shield Emerald from the cannons, if needed/possible.
[x] Invade Tunnels V-2
-[x] Ash (BARRIER), Henna, Morte, Yumiko, Marshmallow, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Dena, Beatrice, Ruby, Elizabeth, Ain, Soph.
--[x] Hit the spiders first, one by one, then the squids.
[x] Invade Tunnels VI-2
-[x] Lamia, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Narutaru, ALexandria, Denny.
--[x] Kill the spider first, then the Zombie, then the squids. Lamia should avoid the spider, and if she is taken by a squid, she is to be rescued immediatly.

Why are we casting deadsight?
>> No. 153110
[x] Thank Marshmellow for bringing in an addition to our arsenal.
[x] Rainy Icedagger and Tokkiki Bloodstone are to look for the bookshop.
[x] Try to make another Barrier.
[x] Talk to Nitori, she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to whether it's permissible to scavenge the robo-spiders for parts/scrap metal.
-[x] Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start.

[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintenance:
-[x] Unstation Navi, Kohaku, Pebbles, and Tanglefoot.
-[x] Replace Rainy Icedagger with Navi, and Tokkiki Bloodstone with Kohaku.
-[x] Remove Barmaid Uniforms from Beryl and Kerrin, equip them to Navi and Ryoko.
-[x] Remove Housemaid Uniforms from Melanie and Honeyweed, equip to Dedra and Kohaku.
-[x] Give the Iron Rod to Ellete, Copper Rods to Ruby Waters and Chiko.
-[x] Order 2 PM Spiked Gauntlet for Indead and Narutaru.
-[x] Order 1 PM Helmet for Vanda and 1 PM Daggers for Rainy.

[x] Battles:
[x] Invade Labs1: Little Devas, all ZFs, all FFs, Vanice, Russet, Akira, Vanda, Tanglefoot, Pebbles, Chiko, Levina, Fabrizia.
-[x] Knock out the Kappa first, then the one robo spider at a time. FFs are to attack before the DMs, as to not kill the kappa. Ignore the Cannons and do not engage them until all others have been defeated and if it is absolutely necessary. If attacking the cannons, only use ranged attacks and keep a safe distance away.
[x] Invade Tunnels V-2
-[x] Ash (BARRIER), Henna, Morte, Yumiko, Marshmallow, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Dena, Beatrice, Ruby, Elizabeth, Ain, Soph.
--[x] Hit the spiders first, one by one, then the squids.
--[x] Barrier is also to guard against any blows that would kill the recipient.
[x] Invade Tunnels VI-2
-[x] Lamia, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Narutaru, Alexandria, Denny.
--[x] Kill the spider first, then the Zombie, then the squids. If Lamia is taken by a squid, free her.

We might as well send some fairies to look for the bookshop. It doesn't exactly move around. The first BARRIER was made in the middle of battle, while trying to make a shield. Now that Tabby knows what she's trying for and has more time, it shouldn't require a critical.

The warplans here are basically those in >>153104, with a few changes:
-Slight rearranging of the Fairies. It won't make anything worse, and it makes Kohaku a maid and frees up somebody who wanted a weapon to a combat role.
-Added some orders to fill requests.
-Rejiggering of the fairies involved in battle. If somebody could check to make sure I've got everything right, that would be much appreciated.
-The cannons only get one shot each, spread out among our troops and possibly the enemy fairies as well. There's no big need to protect one person in particular. Even if there was, no need for four people.
-Cannons may explode when destroyed, added rules of engagement to reflect this.
-Specified focus fire on Robo-spiders.
-Barrier could be useful in maximizing exp gained by preventing death.
-I don't think this system permits 'avoiding'.
>> No. 153112
>>153110
>I don't think this system permits 'avoiding'.

'Avoid' as in "do not engage", not "dodge". Normally one expects a wild animal to attack those closest to it, specially if it's being attacked.

>There's no big need to protect one person in particular

The cannons can one shot any unit in battle. Whether they will alsoa ttack the neutral fairies or not, is meaningless if it theya ttack Emerald.

If Emerald is hit, the +2 to melee bonus dies with her. The spiders would then last much longer, and with 4d6 with a chance of stun, they can take quite a few fairies with them, effectively slowing down the troop's leveling up. So yes, there is need to protect her from the cannons. Besides, this protection will only last the first turn.
>> No. 153113
[x] Cast Deadsight on Indead. Maybe you can precise the sub-tunnels scouting reports yourself.
[x] Thank Marshmellow for bringing in an addition to our arsenal.
[x] Rainy Icedagger and Tokkiki Bloodstone are to look for the bookshop.
[x] Try to make another Barrier.
[x] Talk to Nitori, she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to whether it's permissible to scavenge the robo-spiders for parts/scrap metal.
-[x] Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start.

[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintenance:
-[x] Unstation Navi, Kohaku, Pebbles, and Tanglefoot.
-[x] Replace Rainy Icedagger with Navi, and Tokkiki Bloodstone with Kohaku.
-[x] Remove Barmaid Uniforms from Beryl and Kerrin, equip them to Navi and Ryoko.
-[x] Remove Housemaid Uniforms from Melanie and Honeyweed, equip to Dedra and Kohaku.
-[x] Give the Iron Rod to Ellete, Copper Rods to Ruby Waters and Chiko.
-[x] Order 2 PM Spiked Gauntlet for Indead and Narutaru.
-[x] Order 1 PM Helmet for Vanda and 1 PM Daggers for Rainy.

[x] Battles:
[x] Invade Labs1: Little Devas, all ZFs, all FFs, Vanice, Russet, Akira, Vanda, Tanglefoot, Pebbles, Chiko, Levina, Fabrizia.
-[x] Knock out the Kappa first, then the one robo spider at a time. FFs are to attack before the DMs, as to not kill the kappa. Ignore the Cannons and do not engage them until all others have been defeated and if it is absolutely necessary. If attacking the cannons, only use ranged attacks and keep a safe distance away.
[x] Invade Tunnels V-2
-[x] Ash (BARRIER), Henna, Morte, Yumiko, Marshmallow, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Dena, Beatrice, Ruby, Elizabeth, Ain, Soph.
--[x] Hit the spiders first, one by one, then the squids.
--[x] Barrier is also to guard against any blows that would kill the recipient.
[x] Invade Tunnels VI-2
-[x] Lamia, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Narutaru, Alexandria, Denny.
--[x] Kill the spider first, then the Zombie, then the squids. If Lamia is taken by a squid, free her.

Oh yeah, zombie fairies can't talk. I'm on the fence about whether we should put off that second order, but otherwise that vote sounds good.
>> No. 153114
>>153110
>The warplans here are basically those in >>153104, with a few changes:
No significant changes in battle plan. Two low level fairies are added to Lab-1 group. We are still ridiculously over-stacked in TV-2. In fact, you could most likely draw off enough forces from here to take TIV-5 while still maintaining a comfortable 30% more HP and dmg.

>Slight rearranging of the Fairies. It won't make anything worse, and it makes Kohaku a maid and frees up somebody who wanted a weapon to a combat role.
Exchanging Tokkiki for Kohaku results in trading one necrophobe for another. Is there a specific reason for this?

Rainy was released for combat duty but she is sent away to find a bookstore?

>The cannons only get one shot each, spread out among our troops and possibly the enemy fairies as well. There's no big need to protect one person in particular. Even if there was, no need for four people.
Emerald contributes an average 41dps, assigning 2-4 fairies who contribute 5-10dps to protect her for one round seems a well worth investment.

> Specified focus fire on Robo-spiders.
It costs nothing to try, but are our forces capable of this?
>> No. 153115
>>153114
>No significant changes in battle plan. Two low level fairies are added to Lab-1 group. We are still ridiculously over-stacked in TV-2. In fact, you could most likely draw off enough forces from here to take TIV-5 while still maintaining a comfortable 30% more HP and dmg.
I was just modifying what was there. If you come up with a plan that moves some forces from TV-2 to TIV-5 I'd probably support it.

>Exchanging Tokkiki for Kohaku results in trading one necrophobe for another. Is there a specific reason for this?
It's only because there is a fictional character named Kohaku who is a maid.

>Rainy was released for combat duty but she is sent away to find a bookstore?
That was basically since I needed somebody to look for the bookstore, and she and Tokkiki definitely weren't in any attacks.

>Emerald contributes an average 41dps, assigning 2-4 fairies who contribute 5-10dps to protect her for one round seems a well worth investment.
Fair enough, adding that on. We'd still need two at most, though.

>It costs nothing to try, but are our forces capable of [focus fire]?
Indeed - that's how we beat the Onis.

>>153110 here, please add
-[x] In the unlikely event that the cannons target Emerald, Pebbles and Vanda are to shield her.
to the bit about attacking the lab.
>> No. 153116
>>153108
I assume he's trying to see if the zombie fairy managed to get somewhat more detailed troop numbers though things like sound and scent. I don't think it'll do much good, but it's all of 1 MP and probably won't take up much in time, though it may be prudent to wait until the evening just in case it does take a while.


And, uh, don't copy+paste a vote if you don't understand the rationale behind it. Just sayin'


(I will also note that the fairies managed to take something simple like finding a person and managed to set all of her stuff on fire. You can try it, but don't be surprised if you get directions to an adult bookstore)
>> No. 153117
>>153116
>You can try it, but don't be surprised if you get directions to an adult bookstore

That's not bad at all. At least something to motivate Emerald with~
>> No. 153123
[x] Rainy Icedagger and Tokkiki Bloodstone are to look for the bookshop.
[x] Try to make another Barrier.
[x] Talk to Nitori, she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to whether it's permissible to scavenge the robo-spiders for parts/scrap metal.
-[x] Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start.

[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintenance:
-[x] Unstation Navi, Kohaku, Pebbles, and Tanglefoot.
-[x] Replace Rainy Icedagger with Navi, and Tokkiki Bloodstone with Kohaku.
-[x] Remove Barmaid Uniforms from Beryl and Kerrin, equip them to Navi and Ryoko.
-[x] Remove Housemaid Uniforms from Melanie and Honeyweed, equip to Dedra and Kohaku.
-[x] Give the Iron Rod to Ellete, Copper Rods to Ruby Waters and Chiko.
-[x] Order 2 PM Spiked Gauntlet for Indead and Narutaru.
-[x] Order 1 PM Helmet for Vanda and 1 PM Daggers for Rainy.

[x] Battles:
[x] Invade Labs1: Little Devas, all ZFs, all FFs, Vanice, Russet, Akira, Vanda, Tanglefoot, Pebbles, Chiko, Levina, Fabrizia.
-[x] Knock out the Kappa first, then the one robo spider at a time. FFs are to attack before the DMs, as to not kill the kappa. Ignore the Cannons and do not engage them until all others have been defeated and if it is absolutely necessary. If attacking the cannons, only use ranged attacks and keep a safe distance away.
-[x] Roll Strategy.
[x] Invade Tunnels V-2
-[x] Ash (BARRIER), Henna, Morte, Yumiko, Marshmallow, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Dena, Beatrice, Ruby, Elizabeth, Ain, Soph.
--[x] Hit the spiders first, one by one, then the squids.
--[x] Barrier is also to guard against any blows that would kill the recipient.
[x] Invade Tunnels VI-2
-[x] Lamia, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Narutaru, Alexandria, Denny.
--[x] Kill the spider first, then the Zombie, then the squids. If Lamia is taken by a squid, free her.
>> No. 153124
Barrier was the result of a 1 on a wild magic roll; the odds of getting another one are slim at best, even if you're specifically aiming for one. You'll just end up burning a chunk of MP with little to nothing to show for it.
>> No. 153125
>>153124
The first BARRIER was made in the middle of battle, while trying to make a shield. Now that Tabby knows what she's trying for and has more time, it shouldn't require a critical.
>> No. 153126
>>153125

SHe already knew what she wanted, that time. A barrier. Just because she has time now, doesn't mean the result will be as good.
>> No. 153129
>>153125
It's called Wild magic for a reason. If you don't know anything about what you're trying to emulate then you're just throwing MP to the wind and hoping the RNG is feeling gracious, and last I checked Tabby doesn't know any defensive spells. Manipulating a pile of inanimate rock and dirt is a lot different than, say, trying to repair a living body, or making a semi-intelligent magical construct capable of limited independent action.
>> No. 153130
>>153126
We were trying to make a personal shield then, not a mobile shield.
>> No. 153131
>>153130
>personal shield
>mobile shield
>shield

Same shit.
>> No. 153132
>>153131
So you're saying there's no difference between Lily's shield bubble and Barrier?
>> No. 153135
>>153132
For the purposes of wild magic? No. Wild Magic is throwing magic in a general direction and hoping for the best. It is, above all else, random.
>> No. 153138
>>153135
>It is, above all else, random.
We've shifted rocks while meaning to shift rocks multiple times. Even that one time we tried to heal ourselves, we ended up curing our drunkenness. Random though it may be, it's still tied to the purpose for which you invoke it.
>> No. 153139
>>153138
What I'm saying is that Barrier is the result of of the RNG and not any particular skill on Tabby's part. Tabby doesn't know a thing about defensive magic, so any attempts to make another Barrier will net you nothing more than the result of another roll on some Wild Magic: Defense table. Assuming it doesn't fizzle out uselessly or blow up in Tabby's face, of course.
>> No. 153140
>>153139
And what I'm saying is that since we're trying for a Barrier rather than plain defense, if anything is rolled, it would be on some sort of Barrier Table. Not to mention, we're currently not desperately trying to dodge danmaku and therefore have more room for making sure we do stuff right.
>> No. 153141
>>153140
Tabby can take all the time in the world to try to do things "right", but it won't do a bit of good if she doesn't know what "right" is.

She's flying blind here.
>> No. 153142
>>153141
Like she was when we first made Barrier, you mean?

Seeing as how Tabby has been described as able to feel the way magic moves, I'd say it'd be pretty simple to imitate how it happened.
>> No. 153144
>>153142
Yes, Little Miss Perception/Luck 1 is going to figure out how a spell -formed by a completely random expression of magic- works just by looking at it, with no prior knowledge of defensive spells needed.


While they don't pertain to this exact circumstance, they're similar enough in ways to be somewhat decent references:
>>146156 -Passing a Wild magic check does not guarantee a particular, or even favorable, result (if the side effects of the Healing thing haven't made that clear already).
>>150423 -The situation may be less hectic, but you're not copying a spell just by looking at it.
>> No. 153145
>>153144
No. What I was talking about was remembering something that she herself already did, and tweak her wild magic to be more like that. A check of the creation of Barrier showed me that Tabby felt less from her mana than I thought she had, so I'll concede the point.

>Passing a Wild magic check does not guarantee a particular, or even favorable, result (if the side effects of the Healing thing haven't made that clear already).
That was for a spell in the middle of a fight against Yuugi. As I've said several times before, our relative calm will at least give us an increased chance, if not automatic success.

>The situation may be less hectic, but you're not copying a spell just by looking at it.
It's not copying. The first draft of >>153142 said "simple to replicate how it happened.", which would be copying. Looking at it again, imitate does imply copying, for which I apologize. Also it's not by looking at it, but whatever.

I really don't think either of us is going to convince the other, so do you wanna just agree to disagree or something? Because I'm sure nobody would appreciate us arguing til autosage.
>> No. 153147
>>153145
No real point in continuing this.

Try it if you insist, but if you do get a usable Barrier out of it it'll be due entirely to luck, so no complaining if you spend 4k MP and get a 20 HP shield that poofs out after ten minutes.
>> No. 153177
Votes called, tallied, and parceled out. War votes are already set up in the sheet, and I'll lay out non-battle things here.

---

::[x]Talk to Nitori, I believe she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to what the mini-robo spiders are made of, and if you can salvage the wrecks after if it's something other than pot metal.
::-[x]Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start
::[x]Ask Nitori if that room from last time(or a similar one) is free, you've gone through a book on Astrophysics and you think you're close-ish to another breakthrough.
::[x]Practice makes perfect
::[x]Assuming there's time, talk to Okuu about physics some more, she might be able to further your education now that you're caught up on the reading side of things.
::[x]Failing that, or if you somehow still have time left after everything, read... Chemistry: A Core Study.
I

::[x] Cast Deadsight on Indead. Maybe you can precise the earlier scouting reports yourself.
::[x] Bind Fire Spirit into Newdead's 2H Axe.
::[x] Go see Nitori, as she asked to discuss payment when you reached the labs. And to see how hard you can hit the opposing kappas too, yeah.
::[x] Emerald.
::-- [x] Ask about fairy versatility. (She's going to the labs with you, you can talk to her Tabby)
::[x] Lighten the troop's weight when arriving at the labs, before the fight starts.
I

::[x] Cast Deadsight on Indead. Maybe you can precise the sub-tunnels scouting reports yourself.
::[x] Bind Fire Spirit into Newdead's 2H Axe.
::[x] Go see Nitori.
::[x] Emerald.
::-[x] Ask about fairy versatility. (She's going to the labs with you, you can talk to her Tabby)
II

::[x] Thank Marshmellow for bringing in an addition to our arsenal.
::[x] Rainy Icedagger and Tokkiki Bloodstone are to look for the bookshop.
::[x] Try to make another Barrier.
::[x] Talk to Nitori, she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to whether it's permissible to scavenge the robo-spiders for parts/scrap metal.
::-[x] Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start.
I

::[x] Cast Deadsight on Indead. Maybe you can precise the sub-tunnels scouting reports yourself.
::[x] Thank Marshmellow for bringing in an addition to our arsenal.
::[x] Rainy Icedagger and Tokkiki Bloodstone are to look for the bookshop.
::[x] Try to make another Barrier.
::[x] Talk to Nitori, she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to whether it's permissible to scavenge the robo-spiders for parts/scrap metal.
::-[x] Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start.
I

::[x] Rainy Icedagger and Tokkiki Bloodstone are to look for the bookshop.
::[x] Try to make another Barrier.
::[x] Talk to Nitori, she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to whether it's permissible to scavenge the robo-spiders for parts/scrap metal.
::-[x] Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start.
I

---

[x]Talk to Nitori, I believe she wanted Tabby to check in before the fighting started. Also inquire as to what the mini-robo spiders are made of, and if you can salvage the wrecks after if it's something other than pot metal.
-[x]Once everything is hashed out, give your troops the signal to start
IIII


[x] Go see Nitori, as she asked to discuss payment when you reached the labs. And to see how hard you can hit the opposing kappas too, yeah.
I

[x] Go see Nitori.
II

[x]Ask Nitori if that room from last time(or a similar one) is free, you've gone through a book on Astrophysics and you think you're close-ish to another breakthrough.
I

[x]Practice makes perfect
I

[x]Assuming there's time, talk to Okuu about physics some more, she might be able to further your education now that you're caught up on the reading side of things.
I

[x]Failing that, or if you somehow still have time left after everything, read... Chemistry: A Core Study.
I

[x] Cast Deadsight on Indead. Maybe you can precise the earlier scouting reports yourself.
IIII


[x] Bind Fire Spirit into Newdead's 2H Axe.
III

[x] Emerald.
-- [x] Ask about fairy versatility. (She's going to the labs with you, you can talk to her Tabby)
III

[x] Lighten the troop's weight when arriving at the labs, before the fight starts.
I

[x] Thank Marshmellow for bringing in an addition to our arsenal.
II

[x] Rainy Icedagger and Tokkiki Bloodstone are to look for the bookshop.
III

[x] Try to make another Barrier.
III

7v, 4+ consensus

---

Now, rather than leave you to discover the dilemma on your own, I'll point it out here: a couple fairies have been left without duties for the day. Again.

I do understand that the intent of setting them up to have free time was for them to go do a specific thing from non-battle votes, though. So for this one, unlike the other almost-there votes, I'll go ahead and roll something for this when the time comes, rather than dismiss it entirely.
>> No. 153181
File 132866109817.jpg - (793.48KB , 800x800 , 619e14ac39fa35ca42b882a9ea0d7a057a21edd0.jpg ) [iqdb]
153181
The first thing to be done is to divide troops in preparation for attacks. Tabuki holds a couple aside, with one of the squads, for the next thing to be dealt with.

Sifting through what the undead fairy has seen and experienced is a fairly simple matter, once you've the knack of it. If, unfortunately, not particularly helpful. You can pick out figures shifting and moving, both in the light cast and in the thick gloom beyond it, as care is taken not to get too close to anything. But the figures in the dark are not anything like so kind as to remain patiently in one place to be noted and accounted for on a mental list. They are all in constant, or near-constant, motion through the dark, or are so still as to be almost unnoticable before they lurch into sudden activity and frenzy, then settle down somewhere to wait again.

It's incredibly difficult to get exact numbers from this, when all is said and done. You really can't pick up anything more than a rough estimate of what is lurking nearby, in most cases. There's the occasional time when you can hammer down an exact number of something, or figure out what you can expect from something by judging the size of the form stumbling through the darkness. Or if something sheds its own eerie light, to be noted by.

Tabuki doesn't like it. Sending troops into an area with no more than a reasonable guess at what was probably waiting there for them didn't sit quite right. It looks like the estimation is the best thing that's really available, though.

The whole experience of things in the dark that can't be picked out properly and numbered is disorienting, and Tabuki still sees shapes moving around behind her eyelids for a few moments when she comes away. The next matter... Int/Luck roll: 8/2

"There was... something I wanted you two to do for me." She says, forcing a little clarity. She'd just planned this. It was right there in her head, but wriggling in her grasp like a slippery eel, that she couldn't quite.... "Something about books. It will come to me, I'm sure."

It doesn't. After a moment of grasping, Tabuki gives in, and heads out with the troops for the Kappa laboratories. The hells are as sweltering as ever, though there's the occasional lump of ice or frost-coated stone, both melting rapidly, as they pass near Orin's habitual hangout. The heavy blast doors are a welcome end to the trek, and the throng waits outside as she enters in advance.

It looks like Nitori was expecting the visit, since the wait is short.

"Ready to start, huh?" She asks, wiping a smudge of some sort of black grease off of her forehead. "Let's talk business, then. I'll give you two hundred silvers to clear up the fairy problems on this floor, assuming everything works out well."

"I see no reason it wouldn't."

"Just hedging my bets, here." Nitori says, waving a hand. "This is after the entire floor is set up right, though, from the entry to the elevator. Couple of things you need to know."

Nitori coughs into her hand, clearing her throat before continuing.

"I'll be keeping an eye on these fights. I haven't really been able to talk any of my gearhead employees into just leaving things sit with you and the fairies, but I can't really have them get seriously hurt, either. Productivity drops, don't you know. So I'll have to ask that you be careful not to hurt them too badly, just enough to take them out of the fight. I won't be really fighting myself, but once they're out of it, I can go fix up the self defense systems and turrets so that they won't be an issue after that. Try not to damage those too much either, they can get expensive to repair or replace."

"I think I can keep that in mind." Tabuki agrees.

"I can't be in two places at once, though." Nitori points out. So if you try to fix up two places at once, I can only really help out with one at a time. You'll be on your own, until I can finish up with one and get to the other. But more importantly, there's one particular problem fairy to deal with. She hangs out in the central Fusion Chambers, and she'll probably be a bigger problem than setting things up for me to flip switches off, or keeping from maiming my staff."

"That's where Okuu works, right?" You ask.

"She's not there all the time. Makes herself scarce whenever there's any actual fusion activity going on, of course. But yeah." Nitori says. "Anyway, once the floor is done, you can freely use the elevator to and from the surface. It comes out on Youkai Mountain. It also goes further down, but..."

Nitori pauses, then grins.

"Sorry. Below this level, among other things, are research facilities where proprietary tech is hashed out and experiments are run. Entirely aside from it being dangerous to wander around randomly in, it's probably better for you to just keep out. If you try to go down anyway, I'll probably end up having to fight you seriously. So keep that in mind!"

"I'm sure." Tabuki says. "In any case... I do have a question about the metal composition of those spiders."

"Oh... those? Well, general stuff. Some gold in the wiring, silicates, some carbon fibers and glass nanotubes. The frame and exoskeletal casing, though, that's mostly just tin and aluminum." She says freely. "These aren't exactly one of a kind prototypes that no expense was left untested, after all. They got stamped out by the.... lots." She says, frowning when she realizes she isn't certain of an exact figure to give, then continuing on. "But when you get to big batches of something, there's generally a lot of extra bells and whistles and material downgrading involved in order to keep it effective enough, but still cost effective."

"I see. In short, you would say that they're mostly..... pot metal, then?" Tabuki restated.

"Yup. Why... you were hoping to scavenge? Sorry, but even if the guy who went ahead with this on his own is an idiot those are still Kappa property. What's wrecked will be dismantled and sent to the smelters and recycling facilities, to be used in other things."

Tabuki sighs.

"But anyway, there anything else you wanted to know really fast, or are you ready to get started with work?" Nitori asks cheerily, slipping a heavy looking steel wrench into a loop on her belt, next to several hanging pouches.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 153182
[x] Ask if she has any spare illumination equipment. You're expanding to the sub-tunnels, and even a flashlight could help dealing with the absolute darkness.
[x] Nitori
-- [x] Engineering [Int/Luck]
[x] You'd like to train your gravity magic again.
>> No. 153186
>>153182
Our troops are about to fight and we should just be away training? The least we can do is try to find a way to watch over the fight. It's not like it will take that long.
>> No. 153188
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming?
[x] After this is done, could you borrow that room you used to practice gravity?
[x] Bind lightning to Vanda's sword.
[x] Give the signal.

Well, I suppose a failed roll is better than automatic failure. Plus, we partially succeeded and remembered books, so there's always a chance.
>> No. 153189
>>153186
Sorry, new guy here. Why can't Tabuki participate in the fight?
>> No. 153190
>>153189
It's one of the rules, she can only participate in a fight when another Leader-level enemy is present. Given that she'd snap in half to a stiff breeze and has no real defensive options yet, those are to be avoided.
>> No. 153193
>>153190

Actually, that rule doesn't seem to apply to the fairy leaders, only to Tabuki because of the whole 'not-fairy' status.

>And... anyway, let's just say that it'll be really frowned on if you jump into a fight where a leader's not already involved. Since, you know, you aren't a fairy, and it'd be your first war, and all... uh, it's not to say you can't, but if you do then when the others hear about it they'll probably all turn on you all at once.
>> No. 153194
[x]Ask if there's another free room available, your studies in High-Energy Astrophysics need practical exercise before they'll yield results.
[x]Bind something to something else. Not picky on what, just want to make sure it happens.
[x]Give the signal to start once everything is ready, and then start work on improving your gravity power.


>"But anyway, there anything else you wanted to know really fast, or are you ready to get started with work?"

She wants to get started, so save the more lengthy stuff for after.
>> No. 153218
I'm not the guy that normally does the names, but I came up with a couple I like. I can come up with more if people like this or if you're supposed to submit more names than this at a time.

Crino Danaide: Born in an area of nature in the middle of a college campus before eventually finding her way to Gensokyo. Chose her name on a whim after overhearing a lecture on Greek mythology and deciding the name of a bit player 'sounded pretty'. She likes poofy dresses, the color green, and sea lilies for their fronds. She absolutely detests cats.
Sue Osteolith: Originally from a desert area in the middle of North America, but one day became interested in the oddly-shaped rocks humans were extracting from the ground. After becoming familiar with all the shapes that could be found in her area, Sue set off on a journey to learn about more. Unfortunately, due to her practice of heading to the rockiest place possible, has been nowhere near the Bamboo Forest and its population of live dinosaurs. She likes chisels, the color red, and dinosaurs for their majesty. She absolutely detests vultures.
>> No. 153238
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming?
[x] After this is done, could you borrow that room you used to practice gravity?
[x] Bind lightning to Vanda's sword.
[x] Give the signal.

After clearing some more territories of fairies, we should see about having garrisoned fairies work as assistants.

Also, the names in >>153218 seem okay to me.
>> No. 153247
I'm wary of asking for a book on Programming at this time, it... feels like it's putting the cart before the horse. Bah, in this case I may just be over thinking things, but I still get the feeling it'd be better to hold off until you actually have something to program first.
>> No. 153259
>>153247
Actually, you can learn a lot from just reading a book. For example, there's the thought process behind designing and writing a program, the syntax of a language, and often a library of functions, what to pass them, and what they return in the back.

While it's entirely possible that one wouldn't retain all that information, Tabby should be fine since she seems to have an exceptional talent for learning.
>> No. 153261
[x] Ask if she has any spare illumination equipment. You're expanding to the sub-tunnels, and even a flashlight could help dealing with the absolute darkness.
[x] After this is done, could you borrow that room you used to practice gravity?
[x] Bind lightning to Vanda's sword.
[x] Give the signal.

Vanda's sword is one handed PM, right?
>> No. 153264
[x] Ask if she has any spare illumination equipment. You're expanding to the sub-tunnels, and even a flashlight could help dealing with the absolute darkness.
[x] Bind lightning to Vanda's sword.
[x] Since you can't participate in this fight, ask if you could borrow that room you used to practice gravity again.
[x] Give the signal.

>>153186

The fairies will be fine. Since Tabuki can't interfere, she's better off trainning her magic, instead of wasting time.
>> No. 153265
>>153264
...Even then, wouldn't the fairies be happy to see their boss watching over them? Morale boost or whatever? Sure, training is an efficient use of time. But always doing so doesn't help improve relations, at best.

If I had to compare Tabby to a Touhou character, I would say she's closest to being Patchouli. Big on intelligence but nothing in interacting with others, except those she see often. We need to stop acting the Charisma 1 part too someday.
>> No. 153272
>>153265
>...Even then, wouldn't the fairies be happy to see their boss watching over them?
Perhaps, but the question is: Would it be worth it to use a whole action phase on the possibility that our presence might increase the fairies morale slightly? And as a follow up: Does the morale of our fairies really matter? Even Morte, who dislikes us strongly, follows our orders unquestionably.
>> No. 153273
>>153265
Tabby can trust them to fight without her supervision, and her troops trust Tabby to take whatever steps are needed to stop sucking so much(And the Cha 1 thing isn't that crippling, most of that is Anon's fault).

For what it matters, they don't get any bonuses from Tabby just watching the fight. It's full participation or nothing.

And again, you might want to save asking for lights, books, etc. until after the fight; Nitori wants to get started, and I imagine the troops want to get out of the heat. There's no reason that stuff can't wait until later(The room, I should add, is just Nitori flagging down an assistant to set up some weights and a recording device; she can get that done while Tabby does the binding thing).
>> No. 153359
Need help with the rolling, Kahi? We're fine with flawless victories too...
>> No. 153387
File 132915308035.jpg - (116.38KB , 850x637 , sample_d81a5cedbb1e7b1db00007bc1c192405a66163c6.jpg ) [iqdb]
153387
"Well.. It's nothing that can't wait until after this, but I'd like to ask about lighting. And to see if I can borrow the use of one of your rooms, again?"

"You know if you just want to practice, you can do that pretty much anywhere there's something to make lighter or heavier, right?" Nitori points out. "Well, not like I mind. More data for me, means that Mark-I gravitonometric collider I've started tinkering with will come along more smoothly, ehehehe~"

"... Yes, I'm sure." Tabuki says, not entirely certain whether or not to be alarmed. "But in any case, there is one brief matter to attend to before joining battle, something of equipment maintenance..."

Nitori seems a little impatient, through the process of binding, but she keeps back to watch as Tabuki instills a miniscule essence of lightning within a less than impressive blade. Magd10=1

... she's not entirely sure what she had expected. Perhaps an odd spark or crackle of electricity to show for her effort. Aside from a rapidly fading glimmer, however, the weapon appears unchanged. Until, that is, a testing swing reveals the weapon to almost flash through the air of its own volition. As though it were arcing through the air of its own accord, and Tabuki's arm struggling to keep up, nearly.

She begins to suspect that this binding reaped far more than she had initially hoped for.

"Alright, then. Done? Let's get you out of the way to the security camera station, you can get a good view of your work from there, set things up for you afterward." Nitori says, picking up the smaller girl and carrying her off. Tabuki ends up in a dingy room with a number of screens lining the walls, many of which are focused on the battle about to take place, others showing static or sweeping images of sections of wide hallway.

The battle begins quickly, and the mechanic in charge of turret maintenance is dropped almost straight away, leaving room for Nitori to get in and remove the cannons from the equation. But not, unfortunately, swiftly enough to prevent them from firing the single pre-prepared shot they both have available.

The impacts are... gory, to say the least. One shot blasts a brawler limb from limb, splattering red some distance from the point of impact. Another fairy attempts to defend, getting a rod up just barely in time for it to prove obscenely ineffective at keeping the launched shot from similarly removing her from the battlefield. In addition, there is certainly no way that that weapon will be able to be repaired. It will have to be replaced.

She'd known full well that this would probably be the result for a couple of her troops, but seeing it in all its vivid glory was a bit much. Fortunately, one shot was all the cannons had to offer, and even were Nitori not available to take them down, they would have proved of no further issue for the battle. The focus shifts to removing the metallic arachnids, next-

"NOOOO!" A disheveled looking scientist in a tattered labcoat wails, clutching at the sides of one of the screens and nearly giving Tabuki a heart attack. When had he come in? "You are wrecking my MRS units! [i]Stop smashing my babies up{/i]!" He howls into the screen, as though that would change anything. Then he slumps back into one of the chairs present, and rubs at his temples.

"Aaaaugh." He whines. "I knew I shouldn't have downgraded the armored plating so far, for mass production... but geeze, that shiny yellow is so gaudy. Iron would have been better, but I wouldn't have been able to afford even a quarter of them.... Maybe I should have cut the mandible-tasers along with the mini-rocket-pads, and just stuck with sharp edges? But ugh, there would almost be no point to it, then..."

Tabuki blinks, slowly.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 153388
Little Devas, all ZFs, all FFs, Vanice, Russet, Akira, Vanda, Tanglefoot, Pebbles, Chiko, Levina, Fabrizia.

-Nitori-

vs

Kappa Wrench-monkey, Mini-Cannon Turret x2, MMx6, DMx6, Mini Robo Spider x8

Advantage to Tabby Troops

---

Emerald-x
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x
Deady-x
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
George-x
Indead-x
Ellette- 18 damage to KW-M (42 hp)
Honey- 14 damage to KW-M (28 hp)
B.B.- 8 damage to KW-M (20 hp)
Yumi- 7 damage to KW-M (13 hp)
Akira-x
Russet-x
Vanice-x
Vanda-x
Pebbles-x
Chiko- 8 damage to KW-M (5 hp)
Levina- 6 damage to KW-M (KO)
Fabrizia- 6 damage to (d8=5) MRS-5 (19hp)
M.Tangle- 1 damage to MRS-5 (18hp)

M-CT1- 53 damage to (d34=4) Janice (Splat, equip unbroken)
M-CT2- 70 damage to (d33=20) Fabrizia (Splat, PM ROD shatters to irreparable splinters)
MM1-6- x
DM1- 1 damage to (d20=4) Deady (36hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d20=7) George (20hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d20=19) Levina (19hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d20=4) Deady (34hp)
DM5- 2 damage to (d20=4) Deady (32hp)
DM6- 1 damage to (d20=19) Levina (18hp)
MRS-1:8-x

>>Nitori deactivates M-CT1

Emerald- 15 damage to MRS-5 (3hp)
Frances- 9 damage to MRS-5 (KO)
Quinn- 9 damage to (d7=6) MRS-7 (16hp)
Deady- 17 damage to MRS-7 (KO)
--Heals 8 damage (Full, 37hp)
Dead2- 14 damage to (d6=2) MRS-2 (11hp)
Newdead- 14 damage to MRS-2 (KO)
George- 10 damage to (d5=4) MRS-6 (15hp)
Indead- 6 damage to MRS-6 (9hp)
Ellette- 18 damage to MRS-6 (KO)
Honey- 14 damage to (d4=3) MRS-4 (11hp)
B.B.- 8 damage to MRS-4 (3hp)
Yumi- 9 damage to MRS-4 (KO)
Akira- 9 damage to (d3=1) MRS-1 (16hp)
Russet- 9 damage to MRS-1 (7hp)
Vanice- 8 damage to MRS-1 (KO)
Vanda- 6 damage to (d2=2) MRS-8 (19hp), 6 damage to MRS-8 (13hp)
Pebbles- 3 damage to MRS-8 (10hp)
Chiko- 8 damage to MRS-8 (2hp)
Levina- 6 damage to MRS-8 (KO)
M. Tangle- 2 damage to MRS-3 (23hp)

-M-CT2- Awaits reload
-MM1- 1 damage to (d20=20) M. Tangle (9hp)
-MM2- 2 damage to (d20=14) Russet (13hp)
MM3- 2 damage to (d20=7) George (18hp)
-MM4- 1 damage to (d20=17) Pebbles (9hp)
-MM5- 1 damage to (d20=11) BB (15hp)
-MM6- 1 damage to (d20=7) George (17hp)
-DM1- 2 damage to (d20=4) Deady (35hp)
-DM2- 1 damage to (d20=7) George (16hp)
-DM3- 1 damage to (d20=19) Levina (17hp)
-DM4- 2 damage to (d20=8) Indead (13hp)
-DM5- 1 damage to (d20=1) Emerald (59hp)
DM6- 2 damage to (d20=4) Deady (33hp)
-MRS-3- 13 damage to (d32=31) DM5 (KO)

>>Nitori deactivates M-CT2

Emerald- 19 damage to MRS-3 (4hp)
Frances- 9 damage to MRS-3 (KO)
Quinn- 11 damage to (d11=7) DM1 (KO, -1hp)
Deady- 17 damage to (d10=1) MM1 (KO, -7hp)
-- Heals 8hp (Full, 37hp)
Dead2- 13 damage to (d9=1) MM2 (KO, -3hp)
Newdead- 13 damage to (d8=5) DM2 (KO, -3hp)
George- 10 damage to (d7=2) MM4 (KO)
Indead- 5 damage to (d6=2) MM5 (5hp)
Ellette- 18 damage to (d6=5) DM4 (KO)
Honey- 13 damage to (d5=3) MM6 (KO)
BB- 7 damage to (d4=4) DM6 (3hp)
Yumi- 8 damage to (d4=3) DM3 (2hp)
Akira- 9 damage to (d4=2) MM5 (KO, -4hp)
Russet- 8 damage to (d3=2) DM3 (KO)
Vanice- 8 damage to (d2=1) MM3 (2hp)
Vanda- 5 damage to (d2=2) DM6 (KO, -2hp), 5 damage to MM3 (KO, -3hp)

Deady- 18 damage to MM1 (-25hp) Necrophobe2
Dead2- 13 damage to MM2 (-16hp) Necrophobe
Newdead- 13 damage to DM2 (-16hp) Necrophobe
George- 11 damage to MM4 (-11hp) Necrophobe
Indead- 5 damage to MM5 (-9hp)

MM5- -9/10, d10=10, Battle Scarred x1

Victory
+1bxp to all active units
2d6= 5,4
Conscripted: MMA(battle-scarred),DMA(necrophobe)
Scouting: Labs-2, Labs-3

------

Ash (BARRIER), Henna, Morte, Yumiko, Marshmallow, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Dena, Beatrice, Ruby, Elizabeth, Ain, Soph.

Barrier Rule: defend those about to die.

vs

Spiderx3, CSx2, MMx2, DMx2

---

Ash-x
BARRIER-x
Henna-x
Morte-x
Yumiko- 4 damage to (d3=1) Spider1 (21hp)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to S1 (19hp)
Elizabeth- 4 damage to S1 (15hp)
Iona- 5 damage to S1 (10hp)
Mallea- 4 damage to S1 (6hp)
Ella- 2 damage to S1 (4hp)
Ruby- 7 damage to S1 (KO)
Beatrice- 8 damage to (d2=2) S3 (17hp)
Dena- 2 damage to S3 (15hp)
Ain- 3 damage to S3 (12hp)
Soph- 2 damage to S3 (10hp)

S2 : MM2-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d15=2) BARRIER (97hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d15=15) Soph (FULL, 11hp)

Ash- 17 damage to S3 (KO)
BARRIER-x
Henna- 9 damage to S2 (16hp)
Morte- 14 damage to S2 (2hp)
Yumiko- 4 damage to S2 (KO)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to (d2= 2) CS2 (8hp)
Elizabeth- 5 damage to CS2 (3hp)
Iona- 5 damage to CS2 (KO)
Mallea- 4 damage to CS1 (6hp)
Ella- 2 damage to CS1 (4hp)
Ruby- 7 damage to CS1 (KO)
Beatrice- 7 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (3hp)
Dena- 1 damage to (d4=4) DM2 (9hp)
Ain- 5 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (KO)
Soph- 2 damage to (d3=3) DM2 (7hp)

MM1- 2 damage to (d15=12) Beatrice (7hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d15=10) Ella (13hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d15=9) Mallea (13hp)

Ash- 20 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (KO, -10hp, necrophobe)
BARRIER-x
Henna- 8 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (2hp)
Morte- 14 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (KO, -12hp, dead)
Yumiko- 4 damage to DM2 (3hp)
Marshmallow- 3 damage to DM2 (KO)

Victory
+1bxp
2d2= 2,2
Conscripted MMB(necrophobe), DMB
Loot: 2 squid meat -> 8s
Scouting: TV-4

---------

Lamia, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Narutaru, Alexandria, Denny.

vs

CSx2, Cave Spider, ZFx1, MMx3, DMx3

---

Lamia-x
Bell-x
Chris-x
Dominique-x
Finni-x
Widget-x
Naru-x
Alexandria-x
Denny-x

CS1 : MM3-x
DM1- 2 damage to (d9=5) Finni (20hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d9=4) Dominique (18hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d9=1) Lamia (44hp)

Lamia- 10 damage to Spider (15hp)
- Entangle attempt: d25=6, fail
Bell- 9 damage to Spider (6hp)
Chris- 7 damage to Spider (KO)
Dominique- 8 damage to ZF (7hp)
Finni- 5 damage to ZF (2hp)
Widget- 4 damage to ZF (KO)
Naru- 3 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (7hp)
Alex- 1 damage to CS1 (6hp)
Denny- 2 damage to CS1 (4hp)

CS1- 2 damage to (d9=6) Widget (17hp)
-Devour attempt: d19=19, Success
-Widget takes 2 crushing and acid damage(15hp)
CS2- 3 damage to (d8=6) Naru (9hp)
-Devour attempt: d12=10, Success
-Naru takes 2 crushing and acid damage (7hp)
MM1- 2 damage to (d7=3) Chris (18hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d7=7) Denny (8hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d7=5) Finni (19hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d7=7) Denny (7hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d7=1) Lamia (43hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d7=4) Dominique (16hp)

Lamia- 8 damage to CS1 (KO)
-Widget is cut free
Bell- 8 damage to CS2 (2hp)
Chris- 6 damage to CS2 (KO)
-Naru is cut free
Dominique- 9 damage to (d6=3) MM3 (1hp)
Finni- 4 damage to MM3 (KO)
Widget-x
Naru-x
Alex- 2 damage to (d5=3) DM1 (8hp)
Denny- 1 damage to DM1 (7hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d9=1) Lamia (42hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d9=5) Finni (18hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d9=7) Naru (5hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d9=6) Widget (14hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d9=9) Denny (5hp)

Lamia- 6 damage to DM1 (1hp)
-Entangle attempt: d10=7, success
-7 damage to DM1 (KO, -6hp)
-??x/??x?..... attempt fail.
Bell- 8 damage to (d4=1) MM1 (2hp)
Chris- 6 damage to MM1 (KO)
Dominique- 9 damage to (d3=3) DM3 (1hp)
Finni- 5 damage to DM3 (KO)
Widget- 5 damage to (d2=1) MM2 (5hp)
Naru- 4 damage to MM2 (1hp)
Alex- 1 damage to MM2 (KO)
Denny- 2 damage to DM2 (8hp)

DM2- 1 damage to (d9=7) Naru (4hp)

Lamia- 8 damage to DM2 (KO)

Victory
+1bxp
Conscripted MMC, DMC
Loot: 2 squid meat -> 8s
Scouting: TVI-3

>> No. 153389
Stop wrecking my babies? We're just giving their stuff a test roll. If anything, he should thank us.
>> No. 153390
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations. You'd rather not have to do so, as you are fascinated by his work. If only there was another way, one in which you didn't have to fight them without abandoning Nitori's request...
-[x] Tell him you're intrigued by how he made them. Maybe you could help him in making them, if he's willing to help you learn how to do so.

Here goes nothing.
>> No. 153395
> -??x/??x?..... attempt fail.

What was this that Lamia tried to do?
>> No. 153396
>>153395

Vore rape.
>> No. 153399
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better option. If he can find a reasonable way to deactivate the spiders without smashing them, you'd be glad to consider it.
[x] Go get Nitori data for her gravitonometric collider.
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming? Or other science-type books, for that matter.

We've already got a way to learn about robotics: study various bits of science. And we've already got Nitori willing to give us lessons on stuff.
>> No. 153403
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Ask about his (obvious) involvement with the spider robots, and their purpose.
-[x] Tell him you're intrigued by his creations. As someone with the same size as a fairy they are terrifying, yet, fascinating.
-[x] Nitori has mentioned their fairy problems. Apparently, the newcomers have been hired to get rid of the problem fairies.
--[x] Maybe some kind of arrangement could be done? You too have fairy problems, and you could give the spiders a lot of other uses, like exploring the sub-tunnels. Even better, learning how to program and reproduce them could be helpful for both.

[x] Under no circumstance mention you're the boss of the fairies killing his 'babies'.
>> No. 153405
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better option. If he can find a reasonable way to deactivate the spiders without smashing them, you'd be glad to consider it.
[x] Go get Nitori data for her gravitonometric collider.
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming? Or other science-type books, for that matter.

>>153403
Yeah, there's pretty much no way this will work. Even if he doesn't already know we're the fairy leader, he's either going to figure it out almost immediately or find out later. And learning how to program and produce them is helpful for us. He already knows how to, as does Nitori.
>> No. 153407
>>153405

I, for one, don't think he will be happy if Tabby suggests deactivating them. If he has such deep feeling for the spiders, 'deactivating' would be as bad as 'destroying', even if it's more like 'sleep' instead of 'death'. I'd rather try to get something useful, as animosity seems to be unavoidable in any situation.

The way we word the votes are very important. The whole Parsee problem is an example of this.

>He already knows how to, as does Nitori.

Yes, but it didn't help them much, did it? And the spiders aren't ready for an equipped, organized army of fairies.
>> No. 153411
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better option. If he can find a reasonable way to deactivate the spiders without smashing them, you'd be glad to consider it.
[x] Go get Nitori data for her gravitonometric collider.
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming? Or other science-type books, for that matter.


>>153407

We could ask him if we can test them in a variety of circumstances to acquire a more varied set of data for future generations(read, use them as cannon fodder and record how the fare in various battlefields). He is complaining about how they didn't do good, and the best way to fix that is exhaustive testing, which we can provide easily, what with the ongoing war.
>> No. 153412
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations. You'd rather not have to do so, as you are fascinated by his work. If only there was another way, one in which you didn't have to fight them without abandoning Nitori's request...

>deactivate
>"consider it" instead of "obliging"

Yeah, no. There is no way he will welcome such idea. Both write-ins are bad, one doomed to fail CHA rolls and the oother due to bad/arrogant wording. I can see him making stronger and improved robots just to antagonize Tabuki.

>We could ask him if we can test them in a variety of circumstances to acquire a more varied set of data for future generations(read, use them as cannon fodder and record how the fare in various battlefields). He is complaining about how they didn't do good, and the best way to fix that is exhaustive testing, which we can provide easily, what with the ongoing war.

You need to write-in that, though. The rest of your vote suggests ending the conversation with him before we can input new ideas to talk with him, so there won't be another chance to ask him that.
>> No. 153413
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations. You'd rather not have to do so, as you are fascinated by his work. If only there was another way, one in which you didn't have to fight them without abandoning Nitori's request...

Simple, to the point and true. I like this one.
>> No. 153414
>>153412
That bit at the end is the only reason you don't like it?

>>153399 here, changing vote:
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better option. If he can find a reasonable way to deactivate the spiders without smashing them, you'd be glad to implement it.
[x] Go get Nitori data for her gravitonometric collider.
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming? Or other science-type books, for that matter.
>> No. 153415
>>153414

No, there is also the "deactivate" part. I don't think he will be happy to that suggestion either.
>> No. 153417
Reminder: The spiders aren't under any sort of centralized control, so they'd have to be moved/reprogrammed individually. Just something to keep in mind if you're looking to make any deals.

You may also want to ask how much they cost to make and/or purchase.
>> No. 153420
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Ask about his (obvious) involvement with the spider robots, and their purpose.
-[x] Tell him you're intrigued by his creations. As someone with the same size as a fairy they are terrifying, yet, fascinating.
-[x] Nitori has mentioned their fairy problems. Apparently, the newcomers have been hired to get rid of the problem fairies.
--[x] Maybe some kind of arrangement could be done? You too have fairy problems, and you could give the spiders a lot of other uses, like exploring the sub-tunnels. Even better, learning how to program and reproduce them could be helpful for both.
[x] Under no circumstance mention you're the boss of the fairies killing his 'babies'.

I see why not. I mean, it's not like our influence score will be any positive/neutral when he learns Tabby is the leader of the fairies destroying his "babies", anyway. Might as well try getting something nice from him. And hope for a lucky roll.
>> No. 153434
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better option. If he can find a reasonable way to deactivate the spiders without smashing them, you'd be glad to implement it.
[x] Go get Nitori data for her gravitonometric collider.
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming? Or other science-type books, for that matter.

If he can't accept that the spiders have to be shut down somehow, he isn't worth talking to.
>> No. 153451
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better option. If he can find a reasonable way to deactivate the spiders without smashing them, you'd be glad to implement it.
[x] Go get Nitori data for her gravitonometric collider.
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming? Or other science-type books, for that matter.
>> No. 153453
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Ask about his (obvious) involvement with the spider robots, and their purpose.
-[x] Tell him you're intrigued by his creations. As someone with the same size as a fairy they are terrifying, yet, fascinating.
-[x] Nitori has mentioned their fairy problems. Apparently, the newcomers have been hired to get rid of the problem fairies.
--[x] Maybe some kind of arrangement could be done? You too have fairy problems, and you could give the spiders a lot of other uses, like exploring the sub-tunnels. Even better, learning how to program and reproduce them could be helpful for both.
[x] Under no circumstance mention you're the boss of the fairies killing his 'babies'.
>> No. 153454
[x] Approach the kappa.
-[x] Apologize for having to destroy his creations, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a better option. If he can find a reasonable way to deactivate the spiders without smashing them, you'd be glad to implement it.
[x] Go get Nitori data for her gravitonometric collider.
[x] Is there any way we could borrow or purchase a book about programming? Or other science-type books, for that matter.

>>153403
Lemme get this straight. Your plan is to lie, albeit only by omission, to a person who may already know the truth, go for some quick flattery that probably won't come out right, attempt to arrange for the purchase of robots that aren't really programmed to take any sort of orders, and then try to convince the guy to bother teaching us up to his level in robotics because we'll be able to help him with some undefined improvement that he couldn't just do on his own? Not gonna work.
>> No. 153455
Tabby didn't take The Great Schmoozola perk so buttering him up probably won't do much good, and he's not going to take any suggestions or requests to shut the bots down all that well.

[x]Do not approach the Kappa... much. Get a bit closer if you need to to overhear his mutterings, but otherwise stay where you are. If it sounds like he's planning on raiding the supplies to better arm his "babies" you might be able to head that off by letting Nitori know.
[x]Go get Nitori that gravometric data
[x]Ask about acquiring additional science books while you're at it.

I should note that, as far as further Physics lessons go, Okuu would probably love to talk Tabby's ears off on the subject.
>> No. 153456
>>153454

And you want the kappa to turn off the robots he loves so much, preventing them from fulfilling their reason to exist. How can you possibly think that's a good idea?
>> No. 153459
File 132934344823.jpg - (80.35KB , 850x708 , Idunnomaybeabitfurtherleft.jpg ) [iqdb]
153459
Tabuki takes a few steps closer to the lamenting scientist.

"I'm sorry that this is necessary." She begins, drawing a glower her way. "But they're in the way. If they could be shut down without having to break them, it would be easier on everyone..."

"Spare me your half-hearted commiserations and platitudes." The man sulked. "Nitori already tried to wriggle deactivation code sequences or remote shut-down switches out of me. There is no such thing. Though I'm sure you'd just love to have less resistance as you waltz through our labs like they belong to you. But i saw no reason to flaw my own creations by design."

"... I see."

"Don't get me wrong. Nitori contracted you for work, I'm the last person who's going to hold you doing your job against you." He grumbles. "Just... argh. It's ridiculous that she felt the need to bring in outside consultation when we have more than sufficient equipment and capability to find a way to deal with this issue on our own! It's ludicrous."

"... I guess that is a little odd." Tabuki admits. "It seems like she's in a hurry to have the problem fixed, though."

"Yes, yes, proper brainstorming while my MRS units kept the fairies from being as big of a problem could have taken upwards of several weeks, I am well aware of that, just as I'm well aware of the fact that the equipment, wires, and tubing in the walls can be exceptionally sensitive." He snaps. "The risk of a cascading melt-down effect is minimal for several months, with the current level of consistent maintenance, however. Not nearly the grave cause for concern that she seems to have decided it is."

.... Tabuki isn't really sure about that. The term 'melt-down' just seems... forbodingly ominous.

"Well, at the very least, your little agreement is limited to this floor only, Energy Manufacture, Storage, and Transmission, and Nitori will actually let us troubleshoot our own problems in the others."

"Nitori's ears work perfectly fine." The Kappa in question says, having arrived at some point, as she taps the scientist on the head with her wrench. "Don't you have some sort of work to do, or experiment to be running?"

"I'm on break. In mourning, for tiny mechanical lives cut brutally short." The scientist says woefully, wiping away a theatrical tear.

"Yeah, you'll get over it. There's nothing stopping you from making more, you know. As long as you don't dump barrels of them into the walls and the vents without telling anyone about it first. Again."

"Bah. Genius cannot be restrained by simple matters of common sense or beauracratic hurdles to jump."

"Atsushi said something like that, before running his experiment without any oversight." Nitori said pointedly, crossing arms over her chest.

"Everthing worked out fine, didn't it?"

"Atsushi still has six extra limbs." Nitori pointed out, frowning now.

"He could have them removed any time. He just likes it better this way. He can hold more things with them." the scientist said, nonchalantly.

"Naomi disagrees. She refuses to have anything to do with him while he's like this."

"I'm sure his next lover will be more open-minded. This is for Science, after all!"

Nitori grumbles aloud, but she seems to find it hard to directly disagree with the sentiment.

"Look, I cut you guys a lot of slack, you know that? The least you can do is let me know, in advance, if you're planning to do something that might leave a crater where the mountain is. I don't draw up all those forms and have them waiting to be filled out for no reason.... It's no more fun doing that on my end than yours."

"Bah. Have it your way, my break's almost over anyway. I need to refill my coffee cup before I get back to work. Maybe have a little food."

"If you snatch up all the cucumber sandwiches before I have a chance to get one, you won't wake up in the morning." Nitori threatens, seeming perfectly serious about it.

The scientist waves disinterestedly as he strolls out.

"Oh yeah. Best and brightest, here." Nitori sighs. "Whatever. Let's get me some more data~"

"... Ah, yes. I also meant to ask if it would be possible to purchase books here. On programming... or, really, any science-"

"Sorry. But we don't keep a lot of books. Much bigger on personal instruction." Nitori explains. "And pretty much everyone that does computery business has their own personal sort of code they develop on their own and write in. It's the only way to get anything done, really. Otherwise they'll just spend all their time setting the chips in cyborg-labrat's heads to explode in the middle of the night, reconfigure each other's programs to play loud, annoying music, set off alarms while they pretend like there's been a biohazard containment breach, or just download a whole bunch of weird porn to each other's memory banks, for giggles. If they don't know what the fuck they're doing when they start poking around with other people's stuff, then they usually end up just keeping to their own business and doing their jobs. Since they would be worried they might accidentally break something important, and that wouldn't be funny at all."

"... I'm not sure I get it." Tabuki admits. "But the short of it is: you don't really have any books I can read?"

"Yep. Most of everything important stays in our heads, and not on notebooks or bits of paper that might end up walking out in someone elses pocket. What does get written down is heavily encrypted and coded, and even if you break it it's usually not enough to make sense of anything to anyone except the person that wrote it to begin with. I mean, there might be a basic science 101 sort of textbook or two lying around and gathering dust somewhere, but I think Satori probably has a copy of something like that anyway..."

Tabuki thinks she recalls something of that nature as well, aside from the more complex books she's already taken a look at. It's only a moment after that Nitori deposits her in the same room she had used last time, with similar equipment, and leaves to pursue her own business.

Tabuki sets into working and subtle experimentation. Hours pass, as she raises and lowers the effects of gravity on the weights set on the scale, up to a certain point, and down to a certain point. Then something seems to click, as she tweaks her exertions just slightly, and the reading on the scale continues to decrease...

Zero. Complete nullification of the item's actual weight. It was an exhausting effort, but rewarding. The weight supplied was fairly obviously far too heavy to lift, but with her power exerted, it was simple to pick the bulky chunk of metal up and toss it into the air.

And watch it zip off and 'tink' against the wall, rather than hang there, like she'd expected. Removal of gravities downward force did not, it seemed, prevent it from moving in other directions. She releases her grip and watches the weight thump to the ground with a solid 'clang'.

The next test is just picking up a 'weightless' item and then simply letting go of it, physically at least. This one does just hang there until gravity begins to act on it again. Another thought sends the chunk of metal moving awkwardly through the air as she tugs it about with other vectors of gravitational pull...

Well, seeing this, there's one more obvious thing to try.

Tabuki takes a long, deep breath, and carefully lifts herself up off the ground. Her delight is cut a little short by the realization of the awkward shortcomings of this technique. Every motion is jerky, and a little slow... she's not so much floating gracefully through the air of her own volition as she is jerking her own body about from the point she begins to roughly where she wants to end up. And she can feel herself rapidly tiring. Her stamina isn't that great.

Well, any sort of unassisted flight is superior to walking around everywhere, and she guesses that smoothness, speed, and sustainability of the flight will come with repeated practice. For the moment, she lands, toppling down to her knees and breathing heavily from the exertion.

To be perfectly honest with herself, she isn't sure that she can push much farther with her Gravity powers by simply reading and having bolts of inspiration. Anything further will probably come from extensive practice and experimentation.

---

Reached Gravity Control 4

Received Flight(gravity) 1


[ ] Action?
>> No. 153463
[x] Run to Emerald, beaming with pure happiness and joy. Show her you're lerning how to fly on your own!
[x] Go see Orin. How is she doing with Ring Kristoph?
-[x] Ask her if, hypothetically speaking, you sent your fairies to take over the Catnap Cliffs, what would she do, considering your fairies would avoid bothering her completely after the fight and the 'conquest' won't change anything negatively to Orin.
[x] Free time left? Read Flora and Fauna.

I am so happy for you Tabby~
>> No. 153464
>>153463
Stopping by to say hi to Orin is fine, but asking after the territory is only going to lead to a repeat to the Parsee situation.

Not as severe, mind you, but she's not going to let you take it without getting something good in return, and there's no real benefit to taking it. Just let sleeping cats lie, okay?
>> No. 153465
>>153464
>she's not going to let you take it without getting something good in return

Just like every other time else we've asked her for something. This time, however, we do have something that could please her: arrange a meeting with Sakura.
>and there's no real benefit to taking it

It's a territory. That's enough reason to capture it.
>> No. 153468
>>153465
It's a dead-end, so the priority is really, really low. And, uh, there's nothing stopping Orin from tracking Sakura down herself, you know.
>> No. 153469
>>153468

She would have done so earlier if she wanted to go throught the trouble. She's lazy...why not be covnenient to her, then?
>> No. 153471
Shouldn't we consult with Satori about this first, telling her what we learned? Then we could suggest arranging the meeting in a place with people that can do damage control if everything go to hell, since Satori believes the meeting is inevitable anyway.
>> No. 153472
>Received Flight(gravity) 1

I have to say, about time. Good on you, Tabby

[x]Start flying everywhere
>> No. 153473
If you wish to proceed along that particular track, then you'd want to talk to Satori. While I don't believe Tabby knows anything she doesn't, she might have further leads into the matter of the other being that was sealed and their sealer, even if it's just to refer Tabby to the Moriya folks.
>> No. 153474
>>153463
While I agree we should visit Orin, why don't we ask Okuu about her status first and visit Orin the next day? That way, we'll be able to plan our visit (Bringing some food if she hasn't been showing up to dinner, not going if she seems frustrated, etc.)

[x] Head back to Chireiden, flying as much as stamina permits along the way.
[x] When Okuu comes back, ask her how Orin's doing.
[x] Read "Science: for Idiots".
>> No. 153477
>>153468
Sure.
[x] Make a point of practicing gravity-related skills an hour or so before sleep, everyday.
[x] Tell Satori that you found Sakura and ask her the best way to arrange the so-called 'inevitable meeting'
[x] Read "Science: for Idiots".
>> No. 153479
[x]Make a point of practicing gravity-related skills for an hour or so before bed. Emerald might be willing to provide... uh... "incentives".
[x]But for now, head to Lopez's shop. The sooner you make that investment in uniforms, the sooner it'll pay off.
[x]Ask Okuu how Orin is doing and/or if the two of you can talk science some more, if she's available.
[x]Time permitting, read Sorcery of Storm.

I'd like to hit Chemistry/Semi-Conductors/Flora+Fauna, but the potentially magical side of things has had me curious for a while now, and I've been eying this and Rune of Doom in particular.
>> No. 153481
Haven't we read "Science: for Idiots" already?
>> No. 153484
>>153481
No, but I don't see much point in reading it. Not while there are other books that have a greater chance of giving something, at least.
>> No. 153485
>>153481

No, we've been skipping it in favor of more advanced books.
>> No. 153486
>>153485
So that's why she couldn't understand crap when talking to Nitori first, and Okuu later!
>> No. 153488
>>153486
That Nitori/Okuu conversation seems to have filled in for the Physics book, or at least to the point where she could understand the more advanced books without any issues.

The later conversation with Nitori failed due to a 10 on the Int roll.
>> No. 153491
[x] Make a point of practicing gravity-related skills for an hour or so before bed. Emerald might be willing to provide... uh... "incentives".
[x] But for now, head to Lopez's shop. The sooner you make that investment in uniforms, the sooner it'll pay off.
[x] Ask Okuu how Orin is doing and/or if the two of you can talk science some more, if she's available.
[x] Time permitting, read Sorcery of Storm.
>> No. 153499
[x] >>153479
>> No. 153507
[x] Make a point of replacing as much walking with flying as much as you can.
[x] But for now, head to Lopez's shop. The sooner you make that investment in uniforms, the sooner it'll pay off.
[x] Ask Okuu how Orin is doing and/or if the two of you can talk science some more, if she's available.
[x] Read "Science: for Idiots".

We've been sorta recommended to read a science 101 book, so let's do that. Also, we're already fucking Emerald and already have a motivation for practicing gravity. No need for that second bit.
>> No. 153508
>>153507
It wasn't a recommendation, Nitori was just saying that they might have one lying around gathering dust somewhere, and that Satori probably has something like that herself so there's no real point in looking for it.
>> No. 153511
[x] Make a point of practicing gravity-related skills for an hour or so before bed. Emerald might be willing to provide... uh... "incentives".
[x] But for now, head to Lopez's shop. The sooner you make that investment in uniforms, the sooner it'll pay off.
[x] Ask Okuu how Orin is doing and/or if the two of you can talk science some more, if she's available.
[x] Time permitting, read Sorcery of Storm.
>> No. 153512
[x] Make a point of replacing as much walking with flying as you can.
[x] But for now, head to Lopez's shop. The sooner you make that investment in uniforms, the sooner it'll pay off.
[x] Ask Okuu how Orin is doing and/or if the two of you can talk science some more, if she's available.
[x] Read "Science: for Idiots".
>> No. 153513
File 132947520046.jpg - (10.76KB , 200x100 , Girlgeniuspromopic.jpg ) [iqdb]
153513
>>153510
>>There's more to science than physics, guys.
Indeed. You can't forget about the ADVENTURE! The ROMANCE! Or the UNSTOPPABLE WARCLANKS WITH THE INBUILT DEATHRAY/TOASTERS THAT WILL SHOW ALL THOSE POOR DELUDED FOOLS THE TRUE GENIUS OF YOUR WORK BEFORE BEING CRUSHED UNDER YOUR UNSTOPPABLE MIGHT!
>> No. 153514
[x] Ask Okuu how Orin is doing and/or if the two of you can talk science some more, if she's available.
[x] Time permitting, read Sorcery of Storm.
[x] Make a point of replacing walking with flying as much as you can. After reading the book, of course.

Flying drains a lot of stamina. She may get too tired to read anything and fall asleep instead.
>> No. 153515
[x] Ask Okuu how Orin is doing and/or if the two of you can talk science some more, if she's available.
[x] Read Sorcery of Storm.
>> No. 153526
File 132951516768.png - (304.88KB , 700x550 , Lopez.png ) [iqdb]
153526
It takes a few minutes before Tabuki catches her breath from the exertion and is ready to leave. She's half-tempted to try flying directly to the entry to the fire chambers, bypassing the raised stone trails entirely. The thought of tiring halfway there, however, and too far from the edges of the magma pools below is just uncomfortable enough for her to decide on the safe plan of exercising her new ability less riskily, floating just a bit above the path she would have walked on, in case of sudden drops.

It turns out to be a well reasoned precaution, as she ends up swiftly covering some stretches of distance, then having to lower herself to the ground and walk until she's ready for another surge of flight. It speeds up the trip significantly, but is also more exhausting, somehow.

For the time being, the first item on the agenda is to visit Lopez's place of business.

The instructions lead Tabuki to a small, dingy looking cornerstore, with a few weathered mannequins inside, draped in simple, plain clothes. There are rolls of simple and cheap fabrics and leather set against the walls. Lopez, or at least the person who Tabuki assumes to be Lopez, is napping in his chair behind the counter, hands folded over his belly, small round spectacles slowly sliding down his nose.

She coughs, loudly, to get the man's attention, and he starts awake.

"Hmyes, what, .... ah. How can I help you, miss?" Lopez asks.

"I require uniforms." Tabuki says shortly, getting right to the point, as she glances around the room. Most of the displayed fabrics look... coarse, or itchy, somehow. "Sized for fairies. Three barmaids and two housemaids."

"Ah... yes, I can do this. It will take a little time, but I should have them prepared by tomorrow... It will cost fifteen silvers apiece for the special order, I am afraid, bringing it to... seventy five silvers in total, I believe. Is that acceptable, or is there anything else you would like to order?" He asks.

That's more expensive than what Pedro charges. And more importantly, totals up to more silver than Tabuki actually has on hand, as she already sent out thirty pieces to the smith, and so only has sixty seven available... She decides to step back from that for a moment. There seem to be several rolls of leather along with the cloth.

"What do you make with that?" Tabuki asks, pointing at them.

"Hm? Several things, miss. Shoes and hats, cloaks and cowls, vests and jackets and overcoats.... well, not much call for them, unless it snows." he admits.

"... Unless it snows, hm?" Tabuki asks, dubiously.

"Yes, of course. It gets quite cold when it does. It's how you can tell that it's winter again." Lopez says, perfectly seriously. "But in any case, there are those who find anything less than the heat of a furnace to be uncomfortably chilly."

[ ] Action.
>> No. 153537
[x] "Do you make protective gear?"
[x] If you bring him the uniforms you have (like the miko/berserk clothes), would he be able to repair and recreate them?
[x] Take the barmaid uniforms.
>> No. 153542
How fast is pedro anyway? If there's a reason to not buy for him and pay the extra cost here, I'm pretty sure than a 3 silver discount could apply.
>> No. 153543
>>153542

Pedro doesn't make anything, his apprentice does. The Boneheaded Assistant, whose offer of the cheapest uniforms was refused for reasons unknown.

It's been quite some time since he haven't had any new uniform, and I think he said it's gonna take a while for the next batch.
>> No. 153545
>>153543
Pedro runs a toy shop. PIERRE runs the clothing shop. So you're quite right that the owner of the TOY SHOP doesn't make clothes.
>> No. 153547
[x]Order the barmaid uniforms
[x]Ask how much he'd charge for repairs on a fairy-sized outfit.
[x]Might as well ask him how much protective gear made of cloth/leather would run you, while you're at it. Depending on the materials he has, he might be interested in spider and hellhound corpses, or knows someone who is/can process them.


You know, it occurs to me that Yuugi might know someone who'd buy stomped spiders, that wine has to come from somewhere, after all.
>> No. 153549
[x] Ask him if he'd give you a discount by buying all of them at once. More specifically, a 3 silver discount.
-[x]If Yes order all. If Not> Order the barmaid uniforms
[x]Ask how much he'd charge for repairs on a fairy-sized outfit.
[x]Might as well ask him how much protective gear made of cloth/leather would run you, while you're at it. Depending on the materials he has, he might be interested in spider and hellhound corpses, or knows someone who is/can process them.
>> No. 153553
Note: Bargaining tends to be either an Int/Cha check or a straight Cha check. In this context, I'd assume it'd be the former, but you can't expect to get a 20% discount unless you manage to nail both. You're probably better off checking out possible discounts in general rather than shooting for a specific number like that.
>> No. 153555
>>153553
Fuck, you're right. Hmm, we should still ask about Bulk Purchases though. Alright, let me make a slight change to my vote, and I'll post it.

[X] Ask him if he'd give you a discount for bulk purchases, along with the number of purchases for them to be considered as such.
-[X] If Yes, and the price figure is cheap enough for the cash you have onhand, order all of the uniforms you need. If you cannot do this, just Order the remaining Barmaid uniforms (three total, I believe).
[X] Ask how much he'd charge for repairs on a fairy-sized outfit.
[X] Might as well ask him how much protective gear made of cloth/leather would run you, while you're at it. Depending on the materials he has, ask if he might be interested in spider and hellhound corpses, or knows someone who would be.
[X] If there is still time permitting, and you have enough cash on hand, read the book Sorcery of Storm.
>> No. 153559
Posting and reposting some fairy names/bios here. Usually I would have a longer list, but I didn't have a lot of time here for that.

#01. Telma Kimimela: She wants to start her own harem.
#02. Toni Manju: Was used as a scout for a Youkai criminal gang. Had to go into hiding after it was discovered that she ratted the 'boss' out for Human trafficking, and didn't want to get sealed away by her (former) fellows.
#03. Sue Osteolith: Originally from a desert area in the middle of North America, but one day became interested in the oddly-shaped rocks humans were extracting from the ground. After becoming familiar with all the shapes that could be found in her area, Sue set off on a journey to learn about more. Unfortunately, due to her practice of heading to the rockiest place possible, has been nowhere near the Bamboo Forest and its population of live dinosaurs. She likes chisels, the color red, and dinosaurs for their majesty. She absolutely detests vultures.
#04. Crina Danaide: Born in an area of nature in the middle of an college campus before eventually finding her way to Gensokyo. Chose her name on a whim after overhearing a lecture on Greek mythology and deciding the name of a bit player 'sounded pretty'. She likes poofy dresses, the color green, and sea lilies for their fronds. She absolutely detests cats.
#05. Gakuen The Troublemaker: Gakuen loves causing chaos and destruction where-ever she goes. Sadly, others did not appreciate her gifts and talents in these regards.
#06. Reimof The Brave: Is VERY brave, and so totally not a coward!
#07. Koreka The Unrepentant: Proudly exclaims that she "Loves the cock!" Sadly, this is not a reference to a love of males or of sex, but actually for her love of roosters.
#08. Cleavage Canteloupe: She often jokes that she is "The Breast Fairy!", though she choose her name due to her love of breaking and eating canteloupes before anything else.
#09. Dill Pickles: Named herself after the empty glass jar she used to lived in before it broke. Strangely, even though she was born in Gensokyo, she can read English, though that doesn't help her much.
#10. Usagi Rocksalt: The "Rocksalt Bunny" as she likes to call herself loves the flesh of rabbits, but got lost during the hunt of one, leading her deep into the Underground.
#11. Mustard Seashell: Was born near the beach many centuries back, but made a deal that stripped her of much of her power. Doesn't remember who she made a deal with, or for what, but knows it had to have been one hell of a deal for her to be willing to trade her power, along with many of her memories for it.
>> No. 153560
>>153559
Just a few notes for the names that come from my suggestions:

It's Crino, as in crinoline and crinoid. If it's too similar to Cirno and we can't just refer to her as Danaide, how about Crinoa?

The next three names were intended for zombie fairies and referred to various things. Posting them in case it changes your descriptions.

Gakuen was a reference to the manga Highschool of the Dead.

Reimof was a reference to Reimu's odd skin tone in MoF.

Koreka was a reference to the anime Kore Wa Zombie Desu Ka.
>> No. 153561
[X] Ask him if he'd give you a discount for bulk purchases, along with the number of purchases for them to be considered as such.
-[X] If yes, and the price figure is cheap enough for the cash you have onhand, order all of the uniforms you need. If you cannot do this, just order the remaining Barmaid uniforms (three total, I believe).
[X] Ask how much he'd charge for repairs on a fairy-sized outfit.
[X] Might as well ask him how much protective gear made of cloth/leather would run you, while you're at it. Depending on the materials he has, ask if he might be interested in spider and hellhound corpses, or knows someone who would be.
[X] If there is still time permitting, and you have enough cash on hand, read the book Sorcery of Storm.

I guess I can get behind a possible magic book, if we read a science one next.
>> No. 153568
I really don't think five outfits is a bulk purchase. It might be, though, depending on the profit margin and how many outfits people usually commission at a time. Also, who the hell makes clothes out of dead spiders? We want to ask about spider silk.

[X] Ask him if he'd give you a discount for bulk purchases, along with the number of purchases for them to be considered as such.
-[X] If yes, and the price figure is cheap enough for the cash you have onhand, order all of the uniforms you need. If you cannot do this, just order the remaining Barmaid uniforms (three total, I believe).
[X] Ask how much he'd charge for repairs on a fairy-sized outfit.
[X] Might as well ask him how much protective gear made of cloth/leather would run you, while you're at it. Depending on the materials he has, ask if he might be interested in spider silk and hellhound hide, or knows someone who would be.
[X] If there is still time permitting, and you have enough cash on hand, read the book Sorcery of Storm.
>> No. 153574
[x] If you bring him the uniforms you have (like the miko/berserk clothes), would he be able to repair and recreate them?
[x] Take the barmaid uniforms.
[x]Might as well ask him how much protective gear made of cloth/leather would run you, while you're at it. Depending on the materials he has, he might be interested in spider and hellhound corpses, or knows someone who is/can process them.
[x] If there is time and money left, read Sorcery of Storm.
>> No. 153575
>>153560
Ahh, I wanted to include the names posted in that earlier thread, but the names were "Unique" enough that I figured it would work better if they had titles as well. I think the problem with the original suggestions (for zombie names) is that the majority of the readers wouldn't know where the names were pulled from, making it harder for us to get behind those names for our Zombies. However, I felt that the names themselves had potentials, so I wanted to reuse them somehow.

As for Crino, it was far too similiar to Cirno, and had to be altered just enough to make it different somehow. Crinoa would work, and I'm willing to go along with that if that is what you want.

Also, thank you for your help here. It really is appreciated.
>> No. 153577
>>153575
Just want to tell those interested that I reposted a more complete name/bio list over in the /words/ thread. Advice/suggestions would be appreciated.
>> No. 153618
>>153577
I'll post some suggestions eventually. Dibs on Lapis Lazuli's bio to start.
>> No. 153678
File 132986100662.jpg - (101.78KB , 560x778 , 5c92c1e43d6515e7f262ea1dc0cc553775b927a7.jpg ) [iqdb]
153678
"For the moment, I suppose I'll inquire after defensive garments..." Tabuki muses aloud.

"You'll understand that making such things new will be slightly more pricy than purchasing them second- or third-hand, yes?" Lopez replies. "And it will take the time to stitch them. If you are in a hurry, then I can recommend my good friend Pedro, who-"

"Yes, I have seen his wares. He was the one who directed my to your establishment, as it happens." Tabuki says.

Pedro nods.

"In any case, having them new, rather than old and worn thin, means that they will likely be of somewhat more use. I have three materials at hand: paddings, which are mainly comprised of a certain type of rapidly growing cavern moss, processed to usefulness. They are, unfortunately... a little bulky and heavy. The leather is from the cured skin of cavern squid, and though it is more expensive, particularly new, the silk of cavern-spiders, harvested from their webs along with the venom milked from their mandibles, is unusually resilient for the sheer, thin fabric it is woven into."

"I don't suppose you work with more unusual materials? Hell-hound hides, or spider carapaces-"

"I'm afraid not." Lopez interrupts. "The first has an unfortunate tendency to smolder to ash, once removed from a dead hound, and so special measures are required to harvest it. It is an expensive endeavor, whichever means are used, and so the material is itself... quite valuable, yes. I'm afraid I couldn't afford to keep a stock of such material in a small shop like this, and I much doubt that any of my regular customers could promply repay me for fashioning clothing from it. As for the chitin... I'm not afraid to admit I wouldn't know where to begin working it into anything."

"Pity." Tabuki replies, considering the answer and finding it reasonable enough. "What of repairs?"

"Ah, that all depends, miss. As to the extend of the repairs, and all. If all you're needing is to stitch a seam back together or mend a frayed up hem, that will come quite cheap. In some cases, of course, it might be a garment is damaged enough that it will cost a considerable portion of the expense that would come from simply buying a new replacement. It's a case by case basis, really. If you bring in what needs mending, I can estimate the repair costs on the spot. More complicated clothing... well, it will cost more, of course."

"Of course." Tabuki replies, considering the matters. "In that case... I would like to inquire about discounts."

"Go on." Lopez says, cautiously.

"For buying five uniforms... perhaps a deduction of three silvers, for the bulk purchase?" Tabuki muses.

"Hm, well now, five items isn't really what you would call 'bulk', is it." Lopez replies. "And it isn't as though I have all these things already sewn and cluttering up my inventory, waiting to leave. If what you were meaning was a reduction from the total, then I suppose I could stretch to take your order for only seventy two silvers, yes."

"Ah... that wasn't quite the thrust of my offer. I had hoped for something more of a.... general discount from every item."

"That, I am afraid I cannot do." Lopez says, shaking his head. "My price stands. I can, however, make the order and then hold it to await payment in full, if funds are an issue?"

"That won't be neccessary. For now, leave the order at just the three barmaid uniforms." Tabuki decides, and the meeting winds down to arrangements for payment. The devensively-minded garments are interesting enough, but can wait until a later time before more investigation is merited. 45 silvers is large enough a purchase order for the day, anyway.

Shopping trip completed, Tabuki continues on to return to the palace, both to arrange for the payment to be sent, and to head for the library. Satori is preparing to leave when she arrives, to deal with some other matter, but predictably holds out a hand for payment after determining purpose.

Sorcery of Storm...

It's a pleasantly alliterative name, and the unembellished leather binding hints at it being some manner of mystic tome. Tabuki finds herself somewhat dissappointed to discover otherwise. It is, in fact, a novel from the middle of a fantasy series, preceded by 'Malignant Magics', 'Enigmatic Enchantments', 'Witchcraft and Warriors', and apparently followed up by, at least, one 'Ichthyic Illusions', which Tabuki feels might be a bit of a reach, but keeps up the alliterative theme, and probably makes sense in context. Doubtless, fish play some manner of major role in that segment of the tale.

Jumping right in in the middle of things as she is, Tabuki finds it a little difficult to get started in the story, but having paid for the privilege, she pushes forward and eventually sinks into the tale properly. She finds herself a little disappointed when she reaches the end, several hours later, having only just discovered that the kingdom is threatened with severe flooding and possibly being sunk below the waves in its entirety, due to the tempestuous typhoons and screaming storms that were being hurled about throughout the tale with wild abandon.

The next title begins to make a little more sense, in this light, though not particularly much. By now Satori has returned, Tabuki notes, as she stretches in place. The book actually passed by surprisingly quickly, leaving time in the day still to be filled.

[ ] Action?

Current Silvers = 17
>> No. 153680
Gonna hold off voting until the end-of-thread thing comes up, but seeing as there's enough time for another action... Grab another science book, take a crack at one of the other book types, or get some more focused gravity practice in?

Leaning to more books of some sort, myself.
>> No. 153681
File 132986326571.jpg - (704.03KB , 848x1200 , stitchery.jpg ) [iqdb]
153681
Thread ending means it's Bonus Time~

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

And for the bonus bonus, D4 gets you.... 1! Okay, let's go with... the Boneheaded Apprentice scene.

---

First off: groundwork. The BA and Pierre seriously are seperate entities, no eccentric tests of character or anything here. Now then.

You take the deal, you have to be sure Pierre never finds out about it, because he will throw a snit about it and blacklist you. Maybe or maybe not forever, but definitely long enough that you'll have no real chance of using his services for the extent of this war. On the plus side, BA's influence boosts up, since he can now eat a dinner that is not root-bark chips and crushed squid fingerling dip, and he can repair clothes and make uniforms more quickly and effectively than Lopez. However, he can't make any defensive equips, and any custom uniforms or outfits he makes are drastically inferior in quality to the sort of thing Pierre can do.

Also, if you use Meira, alone, to deliver his payment or make the exchange in any secluded places where nobody is around to see or hear, and nobody knows she's supposed to be there but him and you, leaving any after the fact matters as his word against yours, things can get a little sticky. You trigger a one on one battle with him. Losing this is a Bad Thing. But you have to be careful about winning, too, because Pierre will throw a hissy fit if his idiot worker crawls back without arms and unable to work for a while. Problems all around, and better avoided. This doesn't occur so long as you use any non-human messenger for this, or at least don't send Meira with less than two fairies as backup.

It was also possible to accept the deal, but then report the BA to Pierre through Yuugi or some other third party, gaining some Pierre Influence at the expense of BA's as he catches his apprentice red-handed, making deals behind his back for money that doesn't go through his hands first. Depending on the third party, and how they were approached, Influence could have been gained or lost there as well.
>> No. 153682
[x] Read another book.
-[x] The Giant Spider: Care, Feeding, and Riding of
[x] When Okuu comes back, ask her how Orin's doing.
[x] If any time is left, engage in combined exercise and gravity practice by using your ability to change things to a liftable weight and then back once you set them down.

Bonus:
[x] What would have happened if we tried to make another Barrier?

I would've gone with Tidal Thaumaturgy for the title, myself.

I'm not really sure what to do for the bonus.
>> No. 153684
Options off the top of my head:

1. More Leader info

2. Kinda curious on how else Zombie Infiltration Shenanigans could have gone.

3. Other ways the Parsee meeting could have went. Part of me still wants to twist this particular knife.

4. "What would have happened if we tried to make another Barrier?"

I already have a good idea of what would have happened, but if burning the bonus stops people from trying to waste more time on this nonsense, then so be it.
>> No. 153685
[x] Background: Mima.


[x] Make a note to all troops to bee on the look out for thick moss.
[x] Ask Yuggi about keeping the squid skins for use as materials for Lopez.
[x] A note for tomorrow, offer your services as a supplier to Lopez in trade for cash and/or discounts similar to the smith.

Moss and squid skin should be easier to acquire then metal and may make us a little extra on the side, especially if we can turn it into padding and leather ourselves.
>> No. 153686
[x] Read another book.
-[x] Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness

[x] Background Information (Sakura)
>> No. 153687
File 132986695699.jpg - (71.38KB , 560x709 , 88d444d7fc3543e656840303150cd01bedea01b2.jpg ) [iqdb]
153687
Henna- Likes the spear, but would rather have AXES FOR THE CHOPPING.
Alexandria- Wants a Large Shield.
Winter Horsemaiden- Desires a Leather Skirt
Iona Silk- Would like Silk Stockings.
Ella- Requests a Neat Hat.
Janice- Any Leather equip.
DeADy- wOUld LikE mORe BLoOd pleAZe?
>> No. 153688
>DeADy- wOUld LikE mORe BLoOd pleAZe?

Deady is learning how to speak, how cute! But how the hell are we going to fulfil her request?

[x] Read another book.
-[x] Flora and Fauna
[x] When Okuu comes back, ask her how Orin's doing.

Bonus:
[x] Background information: Star Sapphire.
>> No. 153689
>>153685
I dunno, the skin is the most delicious part of fried chicken.

>>153684
>Part of me still wants to twist this particular knife.
>Burning the bonus
Man, you don't get to talk about what's a waste of a bonus and what's not when one of your ideas is solely to spite some people for a decision that's in the past. And by the way, I accepted the risk of making Parsee pissed before it happened. If you like, I can find the specific post.
>> No. 153692
>>153689
I was saying the bonus wouldn't be a waste because having Kahi shoot the idea down personally would prevent future arguments over it, as well as potentially saving a big chunk of MP and a wild magic roll if people insist on finding out that it won't work the hard way.
>> No. 153693
[x] Emerald.
-- [x] Write-in topic.
-- [x] Quality of Art.
--- [x] Doodles on the map.
-- [x] Quality of Reports.
-- [x] Ask about fairy versatility.
-- [x] Ask about the fairy market
>> No. 153694
[x] Read another book.
-[x] The Giant Spider: Care, Feeding, and Riding of
[x] When Okuu comes back, ask her how Orin's doing.

[x] What would have happened if we tried to make another Barrier?

I like how he's assumed he's right to begin with when the issue is basically a matter of personal theories about Wild Magic's mechanics.
>> No. 153699
I have been looking through Lopez’ stock and a lot of it are crap, like the gloves and the “padded” series. The spider-silk series though is incredibly good. Spider-silk Skirt and stockings are hands down the most efficient armor we have access to and coupled with the blouse/vest makes any other armor in the 0-60 price range obsolete.
>> No. 153705
[x] Find Emerald and have a chat.
-- [x] Ask about fairy versatility.
-- [x] Ask about the fairy market
-- [x] Quality of Art.
--- [x] Doodles on the map.
-- [x] Quality of Reports.

If possible, we should talk to Emerald today, so she won't forced out of battle tomorrow. I also put the topics in priority, in case not all of them can be done.

This should also be a good time to ask about the meta/bonus we receive. The rumours are fine to use in story, right? After all, rumours are rumours, and Tabuki should hear them occasionaly. But what about the Background Info bonus? Can we actively use it in the story, not only for planning battles, but also as Talk Topics with other characters? For example, Tabuki hasn't met Sunny yet, and Emerald didn't mention how Sunny fights, but we know she uses fire; in this case, if the two met for the first time, would it be ok for Tabuki to ask something about Sunny's fire abilities, even if they never met/fought?

As for the bonus:

[x] Background info - Mima
>> No. 153711
[x] >>153705 's vote
>> No. 153719
File 132994342125.jpg - (212.65KB , 850x869 , sample_c32180f88d505647bc0c5a2376fe896f.jpg ) [iqdb]
153719
Mima-

Unexpected and unwanted daughter of a lady of negotiable virtue and chastity, in a long-forgotten realm. Supplemented her mother's dubious income with pickpocketing and the occasional alleyway mugging partnership, where she would serve as a distraction while the accomplice approached the mark from behind. At some point, selected the worst possible target, and would have been summarily executed for the attempt had he not noticed that she bore some measure of untrained magical talent, a valuable commodity.

Spent a period after this being schooled in an institution much like a nunnery, from which she frequently absconded to amuse herself in the town, returning to her roots by picking pockets and finding taverns that wouldn't care about the age of a customer as long as their coin was good. Studied hard, in between these excursions, but was something of a slow learner.

The combination of generous potential and meager experience and skill left her a fruit ripe for plucking, unfortunately, and she was claimed as an apprentice, in name at the least, by one of the most powerful sorcerors in the land. He kept his magical secrets close to the chest, however, as having her well trained and competent was not a part of his plan. Once the stars came into proper alignment, he plied her with strong drink and prepared a sacrificial ritual, to lay claim to her power and add it to his own, as he had done many times before, with other apprentices. It is less simple fortune that she survived than it was the fact that the sorceror planned without having all the relevant information to hand: were it not for Mima's own secret fondness for drink, and her long-since earned ability to hold liquor, everything would have proceeded according to his plan.

Instead, she awoke in the midst of the proceedings, struggled free of her bindings, and fought back when he attempted to subdue her. More importantly, she lurched about enough to stir the contents of her stomach, which protested this treatment enough to expel them over the fragile and carefully prepared magical array, with chaotic effects. The end result found the purpose of the ritual reversed: all of the sorceror's magical power and skill torn free of his body, thence blasted to ash, and forced within her, where it settled uneasily. Joined with it was a not-inconsiderable splinter of the fiendish sorceror's psyche, a figurative serpent that would for a long time yet lie coiled about her throat and whisper dire plots and foul curses into her ears.

Of course, while the semi-regular disappearance of a promising apprentice or two was a simple indiscretion that the other sorcerors of the land would overlook, to one degree or another, the death of one of their number was a murderous crime that they could not leave alone, for which the perpetrator must be made to face justice for, else just any peasant might take it into their head that they could avenge themselves against their superiors, for slights real or imagined. Whether the sorceror in question had any real friends or significant allies among their number was irrelevant: it was a situation that could not be allowed to stand. Mima had no intention of simply submitting quietly to a noose or executioner's axe, however.

War began, and when all was said and done, Mima stood victorious over a wrecked shell, a shattered and smoke-clouded mirror of the land that had once been, now sinking slowly beneath the waves in the absence of the sorcerors which kept the floating continent adrift.

At this point, she exists as a spirit divorced from her mortal body, which is secured in a secret location to the best of her ability. Her magical ability, whith heavy experience and a very great deal of study under her belt, can now only be classified as something along the lines of 'obscene', and she makes a deliberate point of keeping her hand in at all the old tricks. She isn't above resorting to chicanery and sleight of hand to impress people, if she doesn't feel like putting in the effort of using actual magic for something at the time. Many consider her personality to be somewhat brash and abrasive, however, and even now fortune seems to turn against her in many little ways. It has led to her frequent capture by agents and enforcers of ethereal post-mortem beauracratic procedures, many of whom she has grown to have something of a love/hate relationship with.

Acts as a sort of standoffish combination of an overprotective mother and a bossy, know-it-all big sister to Marisa. Actual education, however, didn't last terribly long before Marisa decided she could do just as well on her own efforts, and Mima decided to leave things at that until and unless she came back for more instruction.

Following this, was located and captured at a rather racy establishment featuring men in very small clothes. Currently languishing in a very high-security prison, where she can be watched until, hopefully, her mortal body expires and everything can be dealt with officially rather than leaving things in its current messy tangle of loopholes. Some overworked, underpayed staff are taking idle bets about when and how an escape will occur. Others strongly disapprove of the activity.

If she wished, Mima is more than capable of becoming a God in her own right. Abstains, for various reasons, mainly being 'more trouble than its worth'. Not opposed to claiming the title, sans responsibilities, drawbacks, or expectations of her, of course.

Can teach essentially any magical skill that she cares to: if she doesn't know a spell that fits the desired request, is more than capable of inventing one to fit the bill almost on the spot. Whimsical, however, and lessons may come quite dearly, or for no repayment at all.

Enjoys drinks and general decadence, and will gamble sometimes. Traded a week of childhood memories and daydreams in exchange for her crescent-bladed staff, a reasonably powerful artifact.
>> No. 153721
>Can teach essentially any magical skill
Sweeeeeet.

>Traded a week of childhood memories and daydreams in exchange for her crescent-bladed staff
So she's been to the fairy market? Neat.
>> No. 165911
Next thread:

>>153727