#039;s Quest 11 | THP - The Destination for Touhou fans

[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132460528631.jpg - (104.75KB , 850x608 , sample-f876d7c390dfdca92869126d40ac01ff.jpg ) [iqdb]
151438 No. 151438
"That's the least of it." Tabuki sighs. "I'm not sure that I can justify, even to myself, sending Meira out into combat again right away. At the same time, I don't know how well she'll take to being confined to bed rest."

Satori makes a soft noise of vague disinterest, somehow conveying with it her thorough disinclination to solve all of Tabuki's little issues for her.

"... I'll have to see how things go, I suppose." Tabuki says, shaking her head. "In any case, a book... I don't suppose you have anything on-"

"Metallurgy is not one of my interests." Satori answers, before the question can be finished. "You have already been through my library. If you have not seen it, it is almost certainly not present."

... Well, it's not a particularly large library, at that, so Tabuki supposes that's how it is.

"Calculus, then." She decides.

"As you please."

The textbook is thick and heavy. It is also dry, and ponderously slow reading, as Tabuki turns pages through limits and functions, learinging integrals and series. How to arrange numbers to measure space and motion, and...

It's tickling, a bit, at her knowledge of gravitation, related to her ability. Not much, but a shift here and a little nudge there. Not quite enough on its own, though. She would have to practice more with the ability, to see any actual results.

Not today, though. There would have to be a little time for the information to properly settle into her mind. But when she found a free moment or two, some focused experimentation should give results.

For now, she needed to eat, and then to sleep.

---

She woke in the morning with one of the maid-fairies... Keiko, standing over the side of her bed. Emerald was, of course, still thoroughly unconscious.

"I don't mean to question your decisions, but could something be done about that prisoner?" She asks, voice a little tired.

"Is she causing trouble?" Tabuki asks, trying and not-quite succeeding to pull herself free of the bed.

"Uhm... well, no more than could be expected, I guess." Keiko muses. "But having to keep an eye on her while we work is really... pushing her alongside of us almost doesn't make up for the time we have to put in keeping an eye on her. To be sure she hasn't gotten her hands on anything sharp or pointy."

"She's attacked you?" Tabuki asks, and Keiko blinks.

"No, that would be dumb." She says. "There's only one of her, and six of us. But she's been trying to kill herself, and she's come a lot closer than anyone's happy with. I don't know what your plans are for her, but just letting her get back to her side so easy probably isn't part of it."

"No, that would be... problematic, I think." Tabuki admits with a sigh.

"Oh. Miss Okuu wanted someone to tell you that... um." Keiko frowns for a minute, brow furrowing in concentration until she recalls the message to be passed along. "Ah! That miss Nitori is starting to get pretty tired of waiting."

"Of course. Fantastic." Tabuki grumbles.

---

Scouting Reports

Tunnels I-9

Winter Knight [Master] x1. HP: 60, Damage 15-16
-Equip: [Full Frost Plate] +50hp [110]
-Equip: [Glacial Shield] +15hp [125]
-Equip: [Frostbite Boots] +15hp [140]
-Equip: [Midwinter Helm] +10hp [150]
-Equip: [Frost Brand] +3 damage [18-19]
-Immunity: Cold.
-Defender: Half damage taken if intercepting blows meant for another unit.
Witch [Master] x1. HP: 30, damage 19-26
-Equip: [Icicle Staff] +5 damage [24-30]
-Equip: [Fur Cloak and Hood] +6 HP [HP 36]

Updated Reports

Tunnels I-8

Veteran Winter Knight x2- HP 40, Damage 1d2+7
-Equip: Full Frost Plate [90HP]
-Equip: Glacial Shield [105HP]
-Equip: Frostbite Boots [130HP]
-Equip: Midwinter Helm [140HP]
-Equip: Frost Brand [Damage 1d2+10]
-Immunity: Cold
Witch [Average] x2- HP15, Damage 1d8+7
-Equip: [Icicle Staff] +5 damage [1d8+12]
-Equip: [Fur Robe] +4HP [HP 19]
-Equip: [Fur-lined Boots] +1 HP [HP20]
Ice Golem x1- HP 200, Damage 1d20+20

Abridged War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-HD Miko Cosplay
-Silk Robe of Nullification(Fire)
413 Silvers.


Injury breakdown.

Tabuki- HP 73/100, mp 5570/8100.
Meira- HP 22/120
Ash- HP 55/60
BARRIER- HP 50/115
Lamia- Full 30/30.

---

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---[ ] Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.

>> No. 151439
What's our stat for Luck?

Did the Calculus book do anything?

Why is the Negotiator trying to kill herself?
>> No. 151440
>>151439
1
It taught us calculus and will upgrade our gravity ability with practice.
She wants to respawn in her home.

[x] Let the Negotiator go. Do not engage her in conversation, no matter what she says. Have her escorted off your territory while blindfolded.

Won't win, voting anyway.
>> No. 151441
>>151439
1) Shit. (1)
2) possible bonuses later I guess, maybe more then one requirement?
3)Fae re-spawn near their home. Read sunny territory. That would defeat the purpose of keeping her captive and likely provoke sunny into attacking.
>> No. 151443
File 132460830084.png - (16.15KB , 338x439 , TunnelsIMap.png ) [iqdb]
151443
Have one.
>> No. 151446
>>151444
Is part of that attack into or towards kappa territory? Because Nitori sounds like someone we'd like to have on our good side.

By the way, why not have Meira train some fairies while she's recuperating?
>> No. 151447
Rin's not going to want to be disturbed, and imprisoning the Negotiator in the hells is going entirely too far for what is supposed to be a war game.

[x]Apologize* to the Negotiator for taking so long to actually get to talk to her, but, you know, mountain-sized squid queens and vengeful ghosts take priority. Tell her you'll be releasing her soon, but before that you want to know what she was actually hoping to accomplish by coming down in the first place. She turned down booze, gear worth using isn't free, and if she honestly thought you were going to hand over territory for free then she's either a bloody fool or lying given the chewing out she gave you back at the bar. Anything beyond this point would probably have to wait to see what her response is(though if she asks about her clothes at some point, simply tell her that they're hidden in her base somewhere).
[x]Talk to Meira about training some fairies in some basic swordsmanship.
[x]Assuming there's time left, either read another book or get some gravity practice in.

*Polite, but bored. A sort of slightly disdainful Oh-you're-still-here sort of tone. Should come pretty naturally to Tabby~

(If she's disbelieving of Tabby's excuses, offer to have her escorted to the corpse once you're done talking, "but be warned that it's progeny are likely feasting on the remains, and if one caught you my troops would likely be forced to leave you to your fate, lest they be overwhelmed trying to free you. And seeing as they've evolved to digest fairies, it would likely be several days before you would find release in death")
>> No. 151448
>>151446
>Is part of that attack into or towards kappa territory?

Yes, one of the targets is towards Nitori. OH/FC3 is the next territory needed to reach her, and is the intersection leading to everywhere in hell.

>By the way, why not have Meira train some fairies while she's recuperating?

Because Orin leaves early to Hell, and having her give Tabby a ride is the fastest, not to mention the safest, way to the reactor, where Okuu and Nitori are. So I'd rather talk to Meira upon returning to the Palace, after asking Nitori for patience.

Also, I'm rethinking the shopping list. We absolutely need something to keep the Negotiator under control, and with so much silver we could buy some copper equipment.
>> No. 151449
>>151440
>>151447

Please, explain to me why do you two think releasing her go is a good idea? We have 22 influence over her, and not onle she is a diplomat we kidnapped and put under arrest (which is something someone should never do, mistreating diplomats like that), we also made very clear our intentions of invading Sunny's territories. You think she will forgive Tabby with a simple apology and forget everything that happened? You can bet your ass she will try to get Sunny invade the Underground just to get revenge.

Regardless of Sunny doing that or not, the influence loss with Sunny (and maybe Luna and Star) is unavoidable, and will actually give her a reason to be aggressive to us.
>> No. 151450
we should also send an apology to N as well as an explanation that we have been dealing with a giant squid and evil spirit who seemed dead set in not letting us get to the power plant.
>> No. 151451
>>151449
While I'm not happy with some of the phrasing I used and might redo it at some point, it boils down to this: She'll get back to the surface eventually, how she gets back will determine Sunny's follow-up.

And don't give me that "Imprison her in the hells" nonsense. Put her in chains or toss her in a cage and she'll use those or the rocks down there to kill herself. Either let her go or try fobbing her off on Lily.
>> No. 151452
>>151446

Hey, I deleted the post you're refering to. The invasion plans are still the same, though. I only changed the shopping list, to include more copper weaponry and to finally equip everyone, or at least most of our troops. I think only 4 DMS won't be armed after this, but we need to have some money left to deal with the Negotiator.

Unfortunatly, as always, my post is subject to further deletion, as errors/mistakes are discovered and corrected.

[x] Ask Orin to take you to Okuu and Nitori.
-[x] See how she's doing with the Kristoph ring.
[x] Bind Spirit into a Brawler's Spiked Gauntled, while you're at it.

[x] War Plans.
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Assign new squad: "Little Devas" (Emerald and all the brawlers).
-[x] Ungarrison Narutaru, Tokkiki Bloodstone and Alexandria.
-[x] Have Tokkiki do the shopping:
--[x] First to Pedro's shop, to buy leather gloves and to check if there are new stuff, specially uniforms. If there are new uniforms, buy 4 of them, with maximum of 2 for the Housemaid uniforms and 3 for the Barmaid uniforms.
--[x] And then to the Smith. Order 5 rods (Copper), 2 Swords (PM), a 2H Sword (Copper), two 2H Axe (PM), a Spear (Copper), a 2H Hammer (Copper), a Shield (Copper), 2 Large Shields (PM), a Breastplate (PM). Ask for a fairy-sized cage,a pair of fairy-sized handcuffs, shackles and a few chains. Maybe a helmet/mask covering the whole head too. Also ask how much a human-sized weapon would cost, for Ash, and if pot-metal would resist being handled by a being made of fire. Like a scorched skeleton.

[x] Battles:
-[x] Invade LVIII: To Sub-Tunnels IV. Focus down on the undead enemies, by order of higher to lower rank, then on the Squids. Lamia is to be protected from the squids/Zombies, as Ash should be capable of fending for itself.
--[x] Lamia, Henna, Akira, Bellflower, Narutaru, Newdead, George, Ash and the Fire Flingers. BARRIER defends Lamia, or Ash if he is too damaged (30HP or less).
-[x] Invade OH/FC 3. Ranged units focus on the Fire Wisps first, then everybody takes out the Hellhound and the Survivor Mook. Ranged units then take down the spirits after the Hellhound is down. Roll strategy.
--[x] The Little Devas, Alexandria, Chris, Dominique, Russet, Finni, Widget, Every DM, Deady, Newdead, Ain and Soph and whoever is left.

Sending all our DMS to OH/FC3 should eliminate the Wisps instantly. Hellhound will onjly fall after meele troops engage, and the Survivor, Morte, is a though one. I would focus the golem down too, but someone, Chart Anon, I think, said that wasn't a good idea.

Since Ash is a skeleton on fire, I'd guess the squids will try to avoid him and focus on our fairies. In any case, these squids are conscripted, so they won't deal much damage and can be dealt with easily. Meira would make taking LVIII a walk in the park, but 15 HP is loooow, and we can't go back on our words like that.

Other than that, equipment for our fairies, and for the Negotiator. I'm planning on leaving her caged in the Hells, so her spawning point can tranfer there, preventing her from ever leaving the underground.
>> No. 151453
>>151447
>Rin's not going to want to be disturbed

But that's how we got there in our first visit, isn't it?
>> No. 151454
>>151449
Sunny doesn't care about our territory. She's not stupid enough to invade solely for another's revenge, and the influence drop won't be high enough to make her hate Tabby in any case. Even the Negotiator only has very Strong Dislike, and we mitigate that slightly by treating her nicely while releasing her.

But it doesn't matter, because it was never going to win.
>> No. 151455
>>151452
The Golem has a low damage-to-HP ratio, you reduce the enemies' capacity for offense by cutting down squishier targets first.

>>151453
Tabby walked, managed to not get accosted due to not being all that well known as a leader at the time. Somewhat less of an option now, though she might still be able to get away with it. An escort might help though, as would going in the afternoon, after the fights are over.
>> No. 151456
>>151455
>Tabby walked

Well, isn't that unfortunate? I honestly thought Orin gave her a ride. Oh, the ride was when we visited Mima, that's right, that's right. There was mention of Orin when she was going to the reactor, but the cat was sleeping.

>>151452
Then I just replace the first part with
[x] Go to Nitori and Okuu's place.
>> No. 151461
I say tommarow we attempt to smuggle Mima out of prison by binding her to an amulet. Dunno if Tabby can unbind a spirit though, might be something to inquire into.
>> No. 151468
>>151461
Hahahaha....no. Did you see the security last time, if we tried anything that obvious we'd be squished to a pulp by the guard oni, or if we got around that we'd be flooded in lava. We can't breathe lava. And that's if we can even attempt it in an anti-magic field anyway.
>> No. 151469
File 132464035139.png - (100.34KB , 1555x641 , OOB9_Proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
151469
>>151452
This is a safe double expand with more than enough troops allocated to ensure victory. If you are feeling frisky, it might be possible to hit tunnelsII-3 as well this turn. I’ll leave it up to you to decide if the risk is worth it or not.
>> No. 151471
>>151468

Aight check it out yo, got a plan this time.

1. Miss Vivipary stands right outside the anti-magic zone.
2.「Wild Magic」Shatter Enchantment.
3. Watch as the prison goes to hell and back now that Mima and the other badass spirit dudes get free.
4. Maybe Mima will teach us a spell, maybe she'll just peace the fuck out.
5. A few days later, we go back and subtly imply that we could recast the anti-magic enchantment, for 500 silver.

Nobody else in the underground currently can cast the enchantment, so they have to say yes. And, even if someone could recast it, that just means we found a potential magic teacher.

Guaranteed win yo.
>> No. 151472
File 13246428945.png - (51.91KB , 1276x456 , OOB9_Items.png ) [iqdb]
151472
>>151452
Rods (Copper): Medium efficiency
2H Sword (Copper): Spears are better unless you really need that one extra damage.
2H Axe (Pot Metal): Great efficiency
Spear (Copper): Great efficiency
2H Hammer (Copper): Spears are better. If you wish to supply Bellflower with one I would recommend buying her a pot-metal variant as it will hurt us less.
Shield (Copper): Large shield (Pot-metal) has the same stats for less money.
Pot metal large shield: Excellent efficiency
Breastplate (PM): Excellent efficiency

As an aside, perhaps we should buy a lot of pot-metal breastplates before we start to upgrade the rank and file to copper equipment? Just in case we run into creatures/leaders who can deal AOE damage, like Kristoph could.
>> No. 151473
>>151461
>>151471

Did you miss the memo? Touhou characters are unbindable.

Also, what the fuck are you going to do when Satori learn of such stupidity you're suggesting?
>> No. 151474
>>151472

Alright, let me explain why I'm choosing these equipment.

>Rods (Copper): Medium efficiency

The FF already have PM rods. We also have a new DM with Battle-Scarred, so I wanted to maximize the damage.

>2H Sword (Copper): Spears are better unless you really need that one extra damage.

This one is for Deady. Due to GNashing Maw healing half damage inflicted, and Kahi rouding down numbers, equipment with damage in multiples of 2 is optimal. It's +1 healed HP.

>2H Axe (Pot Metal): Great efficiency

Because they are woth the money. Also, zombies with giant axes. No one will doubt the apocalypse has come.

>Spear (Copper): Great efficiency

Worth it and was requested by veteran MM.

>2H Hammer (Copper): Spears are better. If you wish to supply Bellflower with one I would recommend buying her a pot-metal variant as it will hurt us less.

Yeah, Bellflower. The copper variant is for maximized damage. While the damage/cost efficiency stats are good for equipping the army, sooner or later we will have everyone equipped and then will have to upgrade to more expensive materials. I just decided to go straight to the better weaponry instead of spending money on something we won't be using after a while.

But then again, there is always the fear of the fairies losing their expensive weapons, making the money spent a complete waste.

>Shield (Copper): Large shield (Pot-metal) has the same stats for less money.

The shield is for Marshmallow. The problem is, not only is she a DM, currently, she will also become a miko, sooner or later. Historically, ranged and support classes usually can't use large shields. So this shield is just for prevention, in case she can't use the Large shields.


>Pot metal large shield: Excellent efficiency

Yay! They are for MMs with PM swords, by the way.
>Breastplate (PM): Excellent efficiency

Any good armor above pot-metal is incredibly expensive. Helmet and boots aren't really useful (2hp for 10 bucks, wow).
>> No. 151475
[x] Talk to Meira about swordmanship.
[x] Then go read the book about spiders.

[x] War Plans.
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Assign new squad: "Little Devas" (Emerald and all the brawlers).
-[x] Ungarrison Narutaru, Tokkiki Bloodstone and Alexandria.
-[x] Have Tokkiki do the shopping:
--[x] First to Pedro's shop, to buy leather gloves and to check if there are new stuff, specially uniforms. If there are new uniforms, buy 4 of them, with maximum of 2 for the Housemaid uniforms and 3 for the Barmaid uniforms.
--[x] And then to the Smith. Order 5 rods (Copper), 2 Swords (PM), a 2H Sword (Copper), two 2H Axe (PM), a Spear (Copper), a 2H Hammer (Copper), a Shield (Copper), 2 Large Shields (PM), a Breastplate (PM). Ask for a fairy-sized cage,a pair of fairy-sized handcuffs, shackles and a few chains. Maybe a helmet/mask covering the whole head too. Also ask how much a human-sized weapon would cost, for Ash, and if pot-metal would resist being handled by a being made of fire. Like a scorched skeleton.

[x] Battles:
-[x] Invade LVIII: To Sub-Tunnels IV. Focus down on the undead enemies, by order of higher to lower rank, then on the Squids. Lamia is to be protected from the squids/Zombies, as Ash should be capable of fending for itself.
--[x] Lamia, Henna, Akira, Bellflower, Narutaru, Newdead, George, Ash and the Fire Flingers. BARRIER defends Lamia, or Ash if he is too damaged (30HP or less).
-[x] Invade OH/FC 3. Ranged units focus on the Fire Wisps first, then everybody takes out the Hellhound and the Survivor Mook. Ranged units then take down the spirits after the Hellhound is down. Roll strategy.
--[x] The Little Devas, Alexandria, Chris, Dominique, Russet, Finni, Widget, Every DM, Deady, Newdead, Ain and Soph and whoever is left.

Do we really have to go see Nitori? If we rush to her there shouldn't be any problem.
>> No. 151482
Anyone with a reading comprehension level above that of a small child's could drive a bus through the holes in that poster's idiotic suggestions to free Mima, so it's pretty safe to assume it's a troll and should be ignored.

Oh, and asking Emerald, or perhaps any fairy, would give a better idea of how long it would take for a piece of gear to bond with them so they can't lose it.

I should also note that, of the classes that've been seen, the only real gear restrictions mentioned have been on body armor, so you can probably go ahead and toss a large shield on Marshmallow without worrying about wastage.
>> No. 151483
>>151452
Well, I like most of that. Not sure what the leather gloves are supposed to be for, though.

Also, I don't support buying a cage -- seriously, the negotiator hates us enough already. I also don't support interrogating her, since we won't get anything useful out of her.

[x] >>151452's war plans and equipment purchases (except for the gloves and cage)

[x] Try to arrange a meeting with Lily tomorrow
- [x] Write her a note, saying why
[x] Practice gravity manipulation

So here are my thoughts: ask Lily, please, to take the negotiator off our hands -- we're sure she can think of something beneficial and/or amusing to do with her. This is a favor we're asking, so offer to have a (mildly) magical bronze weapon of her choice made for her and delivered the next day. (This will still probably be cheaper than a cage.)

Preferably we should offer her a fire-spirit-bound weapon, because I don't like Cirno.

(If she refuses to take the negotiator, we can offer a few (pot-metal) weapons for a basketful of fresh berries (for troop morale) so it won't have been a complete waste of her time.)

- [x] If Lily asks why you kept the negotiator around... well, you had a reason originally, but then you forgot about her, and after that you were too embarrassed to just let her go.
>> No. 151485
>>151483
>magical bronze weapon of her choice made for her and delivered the next day. (This will still probably be cheaper than a cage.)

Don't be so sure of that. A pot-metal age might be enough to hold someone, and will probably be cheaper than a 2H Bronze Axe of Minor (BONUS HERE). You want to give her an expensive gift and spend a binding.

Also, the gloves were requested by a barmaid, and cost only 7 silver. It also gives another reason to visit Pedro to see if there are any new uniforms.

>we can offer a few (pot-metal) weapons for a basketful of fresh berries

Hmm, pot-metal? Looking back at our only scouting report from her forces (>>148839), she already has weapons with +3 and +4 damage. Pot-metal isn't better than that.

But that's 4 master rank fairies with such weak equipment. Either she has few decent weapons, if not none, or she planned something else. Like, give us a chance of taking that place from her and cause chaos and destruction excite her somewhat. It's worhty to offer a few silver first, and work on an acceptable ratio.
>> No. 151486
Tin stuff's kinda useless for the surface fairies, as the flint stuff they're using is equal to it or better in most cases, and the armor isn't what one would call great either(that Berserk Gear is giving the same HP bonus as a set of tin full plate, for example). If you want Lily's attention, hunt down Lopez's shop and see how much he'd charge for custom work.

And for what it matters, I think he's the only one pushing to do kinky dungeon things with the Negotiator(seriously, the smith's not going to have most of the stuff you're after, at least not without costing a small fortune, and Tabby hasn't found the local S&M shop yet).

As for mine, I was thinking less of an interrogation, more of an "Oh right, you're still here, my bad" sort of thing. I'll probably end up redoing it if I ever manage to de-lazy myself for long enough.
>> No. 151493
>>151474
I have taken a closer look at the copper spear vs 2H copper sword in Deadys hands.

With copper spear (20silvers): 1d2+8+5 = 14-15, recovering 7HP with every attack.
With 2H copper Sword (32silvers): 1d2+8+6 = 15-16, 50% chance of recovering 8HP with every attack.

I do not know if that one point of damage/chance of life steal is worth 12 silvers or not, but more information never hurts.

Oh, and >>151483 ? Bronze weapons are quite expensive, ranging from 30-75silvers, 75 being the axe >>151485 refers to.
>> No. 151494
>>151493

Well, 50% to heal an extra hitpoint, but 100% to deal an extra damage point...
>> No. 151495
>>151494
Err... yes, I did say that.
>> No. 151497
I think we should try boosting our influence with Meira before asking anything of her.
>> No. 151498
I had a detailed reply and lost it. Oh well, it needed a teal deer attached anyway.

Short version: >>151483 here,
- [x] gloves are a go, but cage and shackles still aren't,
- [x] don't forget to ask Pedro for directions to Lopez' shop,
- I admit I really only looked at the bronze 1H sword when I said that,
- back-of-the-envelope calculation for the spear/sword choice says it's really really close,
-* leaning towards "yes" if there are lots of exactly-15-HP enemies (like cZFs and a?Ms) for Deady to guaranteed-1HKO
-* leaning towards "no" if battles will be short (<5 rounds)
- per >>146630, offering Lily cash is probably not useful, as surface fairies generally don't pay for things.
>> No. 151509
Merry Christmas, Kahi.
>> No. 151523
>Invading hells
>fire everywhere
>No mention of the fire robe

Oops. Well, I'm pretty sure we won't be needing it anyway, since the wisps will go down instantly.
>> No. 151524
Since tallying the votes is much easier this time, I'm gonna be a prestative boy and lend Kahi a hand~

Battle plans are the same for all votes. The third one has a different shopping list, though.

>>151440
[x] Let the Negotiator go. Do not engage her in conversation, no matter what she says. Have her escorted off your territory while blindfolded.
>>151447
[x]Apologize* to the Negotiator for taking so long to actually get to talk to her, but, you know, mountain-sized squid queens and vengeful ghosts take priority. Tell her you'll be releasing her soon, but before that you want to know what she was actually hoping to accomplish by coming down in the first place. She turned down booze, gear worth using isn't free, and if she honestly thought you were going to hand over territory for free then she's either a bloody fool or lying given the chewing out she gave you back at the bar. Anything beyond this point would probably have to wait to see what her response is(though if she asks about her clothes at some point, simply tell her that they're hidden in her base somewhere).
[x]Talk to Meira about training some fairies in some basic swordsmanship.
[x]Assuming there's time left, either read another book or get some gravity practice in.
>>151452 and >>151456
[x] Go to Nitori and Okuu's place
>>151475
[x] Talk to Meira about swordmanship
[x] Then go read the book about spiders.
>>151483 and >>151498
[x] Try to arrange a meeting with Lily tomorrow
- [x] Write her a note, saying why
[x] Practice gravity manipulation
*No cage/shackles
*Ask Pedro about Lopez
*Don't know if wants to buy Copper 2H Sword or not.

Not many votes this time, though it's not surprising. THP is pretty slower on holidays.

2 votes for letting the Negotiator go.
-One to not talk to her no matter what and the other to apologize and stuff.
2 votes for Meira and Swordmanship
1 vote to read the spider book (after talking to Meira)
1 Vote to read another book (no title suggested) OR practice gravity manipulation
1 vote to practice gravity manipulation, which might be 2 votes depending on the above vote.
1 vote to arrange a meeting with Lily (to get rid of the Negotiator)
1 Vote to visit Nitori/Okuu
2 votes for buying items, both from Pedro and the smith.
-1 vote for the same above, except for no cages/shackles/etc, and asking Pedro about Lopez
>> No. 151527
Caught up now, may I offer some insight?

First, since Nitori sent a message, we really should deal with that matter. Especially since we were the one who offered help too.

Second, we really need to see Sakura, if only to see if she can heal Meira. Once the negotiator is released, there's going to be some sort of retaliation. Chances are that we'll need her in good condition for it. And even then, the issue with her health can't be delayed for long. As problematic as dealing with Sakura could be, we don't HAVE to bring up up the matter with Okuu first.

As for stuff to buy, we may want to start fulfilling requests since we have a good amount of silver on hand.

It's been a while since posted, so there's no sense in me bringing more chaos in the votes. I'll just add:

[x] Go to Nitori and Okuu's place.
>> No. 151535
Yo Kahi, I got a question, are there ways to deal damage without using magic/power?

Cuz I mean...what if we made our MC have 1 power/magic, but 9 perception/agility/int? How would she fight?

Is something like:

[X] Analyze the enemy's attack patterns and point out weak spots, allowing your troops to deal increased damage. [Perception/intelligence]

or

[X] Rush in behind the enemy and snap his neck.[Agility]

a possible option during a fight?
>> No. 151537
I almost wish Anon had pick Precognition back in the first thread, some unbiased cause/effect advice on how to deal with the Negotiator would be handy right about now.

Oh well, first off: Cancel >>151447
Changing it to-
[x]If you can manage to hitch a ride to the Labs with Okuu, do so. It may be prudent to toss the anti-fire robes on if you think she'd fly over the lava. Talk to Nitori once you're there and apologize for the delays, but don't give any excuses unless she asks why it's been taking so long. If she's still available for a chat, then talk about Engineering.

[x]If Okuu's already gone by the time you're done issuing orders, then make a quick stop by Pedro's to pick up a pair of gloves and any applicable uniforms if he's gotten a new shipment in, and get directions to Lopez's place and head on over.
[x]If Meira's around and wants to come just for something to do other than sit around all day then bring her along, and maybe have a chat about getting some of the fairies rudimentary sword training.
[x]Hold off sending an order to the blacksmith until after a visit to Lopez's is made. If possible, then also consider this an anti-vote to buying/asking the smith for dungeon implements.

Holding off on the afternoon vote.

Of course, this all begs the question of how she'll get back from the labs if Okuu forgets to pick her up afterwards~
>> No. 151539
>>151523
>fire robe
... can someone remind me when we got this? I'm drawing a blank.

>>151524
>Not many votes this time, though it's not surprising. THP is pretty slower on holidays.
For exactly that reason, I think, there's no sense in calling it so quickly. More votes will come in.

Alternately, [x] Omake: Rescue Santa Claus from Cirno

>>151527
>Nitori/Okuu
Just to apologize for the delay? I'd think it'd be better to send an explanatory and apologetic note, and then actually go do something about it. (Nitori's an engineer, remember. Meeting with us to listen to an apology will take valuable hours that she (and Tabby!) could be spending on work.)

... although you make a good point that we should at least do that, and nobody's mentioned it. Add vote:
[x] Send Nitori an explanatory apology, presumably by way of Okuu.

>Sakura [...] heal
I suspect Nano-medication and a little magic will do just as well.
>> No. 151540
... sudden thought.

That giant squid probably has a bunch of non-food stuff in its gullet.

I bet neither Cirno nor Yuugi thought to check it for salvageable items.
>> No. 151541
>>151539
Tabby's gonna need a lot more science under her belt before she'd really get anything out of Nano-Medication, I'd imagine.

Oh, and the fire robe was among the things Tabby got from Orin in exchange for trading away Kristoph's (relatively) worthless behind.

>>151540
The Queen was the size of a small mountain, it'd take days of searching to dig anything up. This is, of course, you found a way around the bajillion cave squid likely eating the corpse. Or that it happened to eat anything tough enough to survive it's stomach acids followed by an excessively thorough smashing.
>> No. 151542
>>151537
>anti-vote

Whenever I see thi shit I get mad. Anti-vote? What the fuck, can't you just vote to "not do X" instead of "CANCEL THAT VOTE!!!". Seriously, 'anti-voting' is retarded. Just make a proper, normal vote for the opposite of what you dislike.

>>151541
>Kristoph's (relatively) worthless behind.

Am I the only one who think this is wrong? Sure, we wouldn't have any use for the +1 INT/MAG, but we would also avoid the -1 CHA. In the end, Kristoph would just give access to frost magic, which would be incredibly useful for Tabby.
>> No. 151543
>>151539
>For exactly that reason, I think, there's no sense in calling it so quickly. More votes will come in.

Oh yeah, Kahi did mention he was waiting a bit to update DQ, to write something with a more solid victory, instead of some sort of four way tie. Or something to that effect.

With >>151537 now, though, visiting Nitori/Okuu has the majority for Tabby's activity, while the war actions have never been contested (except the cage and stuff).

He did say he had a few lines already written, though. Make of that as you will.
>> No. 151546
>>151542
I wouldn't normally do that, but considering my vote was to hold off on buying anything until the potential business with that other tailor was taken care of, I stuck that in there because I figured the original shopping order would win out and wanted to lend conditional support to the "buy everything but the cages" version because I personally believe starting up a dungeon is a horrible idea.
>> No. 151547
>>151545
>starting up a dungeon

Honestly, the idea is pretty amusing.
>> No. 151548
>>151543
>He did say he had a few lines already written, though. Make of that as you will.

If you're going off his comment in the spreadsheet, what he actually said was:
>And despite deciding to wait on doll's and update something with a clearer victoory than what seems to resemble something like a four-way tie, I still only wrote two sentences before doing something else.

I read that as 'he's written two sentences of something that, unlike Doll's Quest, has a relatively clear winner'.
>> No. 151550
>>151548

I had to close the tab and lost the chatlog. Thanks for correcting me.
>> No. 151581
What would be the chances of Nitori knowing metalurgy? Is it SCIENCE-y enought for her or one of the other kappa?

Eh, in any case, we should definetly thank her and Okuu for the chat that time. I think she would like to know how we used SCIENCE against Yuugi. Well, at least Okuu would.
>> No. 151728
File 132534600362.jpg - (133.92KB , 1600x1200 , robotspidersinthewalls.jpg ) [iqdb]
151728
"Okuu! Okuu, wait!" Tabuki called, rushing to catch the raven before she took off for work.

She barely made it. Even rushed, the instructions had taken longer to hand out to troops than she had hoped, and Utsuho was nearly airborne before she caught up.

"Something the matter?" She asked.

"I'm coming along today. I need to speak to Nitori."

"The kappa? Alright, then." Okuu said, picking up Tabuki before take-off.

The hells are once more blisteringly hot, and though Tabuki catches a quick glimmer of something towards Orin's usual haunt, Okuu turns away rapidly, ignoring the foot-path to fly over the bubbling magma below.

"It looks like Orin's having fun with her new toy." Tabuki remarks, trying to start conversation.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. She didn't come back for dinner last night. Whatever she's doing, she's focused on it."

"Is that so?" Tabuki asked. She hadn't noticed the absence.

"She's always been like that, when she gets really interested and stubborn about something. As long as I've known her anyway. I've known her a while... we weren't exactly friends when we first met. Mostly we fought over corpses. I wanted to grill them a little down near the fires, but she wanted to either keep them for herself or just throw them all the way in."

... It takes Tabuki a moment to realize that Okuu has matched action to words, and that she is rapidly descending. She's caught by the diving raven before she can fall too far, though, or get too near the glowing death below, of course.

"Ahahaha... Sorry. I wasn't paying attention, and my hands slipped." Okuu apologized, awkwardly. "Anyway, it took a bit before we settled down and worked out that there would always be more than enough corpses."

"I see." Tabuki managed, heart hammering, and 'learn to fly' nudged just a little further up her to-do list.

"Mhm. It looks like we're here, though." Okuu said, touching down before the heavy metal doors. The cooled air, after she steps through, is a welcome relief.

Nitori isn't immediately available, apparently busy correcting one of her subordinate's errors in a mechanical... thing, by taking it almost completely apart, fiddling with something inside, then putting it back together. Okuu had long since left her behind to do her own work, but it was fun enough to watch through a thick sheet of apparently 'bulletproofed' glass.

She eventually finished and made her way into the waiting room, though.

"You wanted to talk to me?" She asked.

"Ah... to apologize. Expanding in this direction is taking substantially more time and effort than I originally estimated..."

"Yeah, I noticed that."

"However, I'm still directing troops this way." Tabuki finished.

"Well, just don't take forever about it, all right? One of the gearheads in here made a whole batch of robot spiders the other night to patrol inside the walls, never mind that fighting inside the walls wrecks a lot more stuff than just moving through them, and it still doesn't stop the fairies from coming back."

"I see?"

"They're everywhere, too. Listen." Nitori instructs, before falling silent. After a few moments, Tabuki picks up a sort of ... scratching sound, and tapping, moving across the other side of the ceiling.

"Is that safe?" She has to ask. Nitori just laughs and ignores the question.

"Anyway, jerk set loose hundreds, at least, and they have no network connections between themselves so they have to each be reprogrammed or shut down manually, one by one." She continues. "All kinds of a pain, and he went the extra mile to put a crude artifical intelligence in some of them. Kind of wish you'd gotten here sooner, but stuff happens."

"My sincerest apologies, again." Tabuki says, shaking her head.

"So, was there anything else you wanted here?"

[ ] Action?
>> No. 151736
Anyone can tell how close we are from the place anyway? I can't remember the maps.
>> No. 151737
I... want to say a couple turns out, but I'm not entirely sure on that.

>>151735
Nitori's not going to be interested in excuses.


[x]Ask is she's free for a crash course on Engineering. You might not be able to keep up due to still being behind on your studies, but worse comes to worse it'll start clicking once you've caught yourself up.
[x]Failing that(or after it), ask if there's somewhere you can get some practice in applying what you learned from studying Calculus to your gravity manipulation skill; you're probably going to have to wait until Okuu's done for the day before you can leave, after all.
[x]If you're done with whatever and are still waiting on Okuu, ask if there's anything you can do to help out.
>> No. 151738
>robot spiders

MUST HAVE.

[x] "... there certainly is now. Do you have a spare deactivated spider? I'd like to try something unwise and potentially catastrophic."
- [x] 「Wild Magic」 Analyze

I was tempted to go for [ ] 「Wild Magic」 Network In My Head but that's a little too unwise-and-potentially-catastrophic even for me.
>> No. 151743
File 13253703909.png - (18.39KB , 338x439 , Old Hell Fire Chambers.png ) [iqdb]
151743
>>151736
If I remember correctly Nitori and the reactor is beyond XVII. We’re hitting area 3 this turn so it will at least take two more days.
>> No. 151750
Hm... we don't know yet what we could bind in this area, if this place supplies anything other than what the rest of Old Hell does (Fire and Spirit).

[x] Try to determine what is available for binding. We did have an idea once about seeing if Okuu's presence around here provides sun spirits. Or maybe the kappa tech around here makes electricity/lightning ones present?
-[x] If sun or lightning spirits are available, try binding one to our wand.
On that note, if both turn out to be present, does anyone else here have any preferences which to go for first?

[x] Ask if Nitori's free for a crash course on Engineering or something related to physics.
-[x] Failing that (or after it), ask if there's somewhere you can get some practice in applying what you learned from studying Calculus to your gravity manipulation skill; you're probably going to have to wait until Okuu's done for the day before you can leave, after all.

[x] "Do you have a spare deactivated spider? I'd like to try something unwise and potentially catastrophic."
- [x] 「Wild Magic」 Analyze
I'm voting for it, but I'd like to hold on actually trying the Wild Magic until we are somewhere that isn't surrounded by important machines (I know the chances of an accident of such a scale happening are slim, but I'd rather not risk it).
>> No. 151751
>>151738

Why would you waste MP trying to analyse those things? Nitori has been taking apart hundreds of them, so there isn't really anything we could find out that Nitori wouldn't know already.

Also just coming up with random things we want, and then putting "wild magic" before them probably isn't the smartest idea due to the potential for misinterpretation. Wild Magic should be more focused on replicating concrete, learnable spells.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.

[x] Ask is she's free for a crash course on Engineering or something related to physics.
[x] Failing that(or after it), ask if there's somewhere you can get some practice in applying what you learned from studying Calculus to your gravity manipulation skill; you're probably going to have to wait until Okuu's done for the day before you can leave, after all
[X] Ask for a spare deactivated spider.

If we can figure out ways that magic interacts with machinery, we could potentially go shut down the magical machines keeping Mima prisoner.
>> No. 151753
[x] Ask is she's free for a crash course on Engineering or something related to physics.
[x] Failing that(or after it), ask if there's somewhere you can get some practice in applying what you learned from studying Calculus to your gravity manipulation skill; you're probably going to have to wait until Okuu's done for the day before you can leave, after all

>>151751
Sure, sure. Being thrown out of the place where we stay is such a great idea. With Satori's feelings on the matter, we better stay somewhere else first before we even start to think about it.

Thinking about it, chances are that Marisa will ask where Mima is after we give the letter and will force the answer out if necessary. Unless we can survive a Spark, Satori can't exactly fault us for choosing to not die (not like Marisa would go for kill anyway) or stay captured until we speak (much more likely).
>> No. 151759
>>151753

Speaking of that letter, why the heck don't we just give it to a fairy, and tell her to go find Marisa. It's not like a single fairy would be targeted by an enemy faction or Youkai or somesuch as long as they aren't in uniform, which they don't have anyway. Gensokyo isn't really that big...it would prolly take like, 3 days to find her house and drop off the letter.
>> No. 151761
[x] Ask is she's free for a crash course on Engineering or something related to physics.
[x] Failing that(or after it), ask if there's somewhere you can get some practice in applying what you learned from studying Calculus to your gravity manipulation skill; you're probably going to have to wait until Okuu's done for the day before you can leave, after all

Happy New Year! 2012, a great year for fairy warmongering!
>> No. 151764
>>151759
Because we can't. We have no tunnel to the surface and there's the risk of the fairy being attacked and thus losing the letter. We don't want that to happen.

If we actually want to do this as soon as possible, a way would be asking Lily permission to travel by her tunnels. The next worry would then be if what she controls reach the Forest of Magic. Because I doubt we want to travel by, say, Cirno's territory.

All this, of course, only works if Lily gives permission.
>> No. 151766
>>151764

Control of tunnels leading back to the surface doesn't matter for single troops not actually fighting, since deady made it back down through the tunnels with no problems.

Also, it's a letter, it really wouldn't be a problem to simply make a copy of it beforehand.
>> No. 151769
>>151766
Deady snuck back in because she's a nocturnal predator and was dealing with sentries who sat near light sources and thus had no low-light vision. And Tabby can't copy the letter as she hasn't read it, and doesn't intend on violating Mima's privacy like that.
>> No. 151771
[x] Ask Nitori if she, or someone else she might know, hsa knowledge in magical mettalurgy. If negative, then just ask if you ould have a crash course on Engineering or something related to physics. It's ok if she can only lend a book, r something.
[x] Failing that(or after it), ask if there's somewhere you can get some practice in applying what you learned from studying Calculus to your gravity manipulation skill; at least until Okuu is finished working. You could talk to her again, learn something or two before asking for another ride...

While studing with Nitori is nice, I do want to chat with Okuu more.
>> No. 151774
>>151738 here, appending to my vote.

Thing we have apparently forgotten: Metallurgy.

[x] Try to determine what is available for binding. We did have an idea once about seeing if Okuu's presence around here provides sun spirits. Or maybe the kappa tech around here makes electricity/lightning ones present?
- [x] If sun or lightning spirits are available, try binding one to our wand.
-- [x] Preferably Sun.

[x] Ask Nitori if there's any chance we could learn to make adamantine.
- [x] Possibly ask this question as part of a more general Magical Engineering lesson.
- [x] Failing all that (or after it), ask if there's somewhere you can get some practice in applying what you learned from studying Calculus to your gravity manipulation skill; you're probably going to have to wait until Okuu's done for the day before you can leave, after all.

And of course the spider vote is still on as first priority, but I should probably explain my reasoning -- what I was really hoping for was a way to take control of the spiders at a distance, so that (ideally) we would have allies in every territory of the kappa's region as we start conquering it.

>>151750
>>151753
Dollars to donuts, Nitori'll want to watch. (Insert creepy image here.) But yeah, if not we should probably stop somewhere nobody really we care about really cares about before doing it.

>>151771
I wrote this before you posted, I swear. (I'm glad someone else remembered, though.)
>> No. 151779
[x] Ask about the spiders: Can they be reprogrammed by a newbie? Can the metal they’re made of be recycled for use in weapons and armor? Can we buy some?
[x] Ask is she's free for a crash course on Engineering or something related to physics.
[x] Failing that(or after it), ask if there's somewhere you can get some practice in applying what you learned from studying Calculus to your gravity manipulation skill; you're probably going to have to wait until Okuu's done for the day before you can leave, after all.

Slightly less than half our force is stuck doing guard duty, if we could replace them with cheap robots…
>> No. 151816
[x] Ask Nitori if there's anyone who could escort some fairy, Or fly them in, from our territory to her lab(?)
- [x]And if we claim the territory in between on the way that would be nice, But not necessary.

Lets do some island hoping here if we can, So we get the 'rich' territory faster and then fill in the spaces in-between.

[x] Ask if their is any way to stop the robot-spider from attacking our fairy when they get here.
- [x] And if their is a fast way to take control of them to aid our fairy in the fight, If not any weak spot or off switchs would help to know about.

Who wants normal spiders if you can have robot-spiders after all, and it good to know where to hit massive damage in any case.
>> No. 151819
>>151816
You can only take territories adjacent to the ones you already own. No skipping ahead.
>> No. 151820
[x] Ask about the spiders: Can they be reprogrammed by a newbie? Can have them, or perhaps buy them?
-[x] Ask for a book on Spider++ if necessary.
[x] Try to determine what is available for binding. We did have an idea once about seeing if Okuu's presence around here provides sun spirits. Or maybe the kappa tech around here makes electricity/lightning ones present?
-[x] If sun or lightning spirits are available, try binding one to our wand.
I want robot spiders so bad. Plus, we really do need some dedicated guarding units.
>> No. 151858
File 132562570172.jpg - (222.29KB , 811x879 , wellthisisathinghuh.jpg ) [iqdb]
151858
"Ah.... Maybe if you have a little free time, you could tell me a little about the things you do? Engineering..." Int/Luck: 10/9

"Ah? Well, if you really want." Nitori says. "To start, the whole point of engineering is to precisely design something to fit a desired result, taking into account specified conditions such as structural stress or outside influences..."

Tabuki listens intently. Rapidly, however, she loses focus, as Nitori uses a great deal of confusing jargon, and refers without thought to formulae and references unfamiliar to her. At several points, she has to stop the kappa and request that she back up a little and explain something in a little better detail. Hours pass, and Nitori doesn't seem to get any better at explaining matters than Tabuki gets at understanding them.

".... it's kind of a complex field." Nitori says, rubbing the back of her neck sheepishly. "Working with chemicals, mechanical things, electric flow and biological engineering sometimes... there's some overlap, and I guess I'm not really good at explaining it."

"That's not really... I don't seem to be at my best today. It wouldn't usually be so hard to grasp your explanations." Tabuki insists.

"Well, everyone has off days. We don't seem to be getting anywhere right now, though." Nitori says, shaking her head. "Maybe another time. Why did you want to know, anyway?"

"Well, I was rather curious about the spiders you mentioned..."

"Ah... that's jumping right into the deep end of things. Robotics. You'd have to have a really thorough grasp of electric, mechanical, and computer engineering, as well as a good heap of programming in order to deal with that sort of thing." Nitori says. "Plus a little extra to bridge the gaps here and there. If basic engineering concepts are coming so hard to you, then it might be better to just leave that sort of thing to other people."

"Ah... Would it be possible to purchase and reprogram these things then?" Tabuki asks.

"In.. theory, yeah. Except 'catching' the things is a lot harder than it seems, with them in the walls, and they spook if you try to drop something over them to trap them, so mostly we've been decommisioning them by either shooting or throwing a wrench at them." Nitori says, with not a trace of apology in her tone. "So, the frame and some of the plating generally comes through mostly okay, but the internal mechanisms and workings are usually wrecked. Better to just have something built to order."

"I see?"

"That's something to talk about later, though, once the current issues are dealt with." She says.

"... Very well. In that case, there's little to do aside from wait for Utsuho's shift to end. Perhaps work a little on gravity manipulation, or..."

Hm. The area seems saturated with elements that... taste, for lack of a better word, coppery and heavy. With a little crackle to them. Electric and metallic...

"Well, while I'm here, I might try something with binding. Unless you object?"

"No, go right ahead." Nitori says, watching intently.

Tabuki sets her wand/staff out and focuses. It's hardly a minute's effort to coax a tiny wisp of elemental energies out of the surroundings and into the wand, and...

Nothing appears different, on completion. It takes a few minutes of puzzling over it before Tabuki activates its main function, and... the light emitted is just a shade brighter. Not much. Barely enough to notice.... until it flashes with a sudden blinding strobe of whiteness, filling the room and leaving her desperately rubbing at her eyes until she's blinked the spots away. She sharply turns the wand off, without looking directly at it.

"Well, that's something." Nitori said.

"I... am not sure what I had expected. I suppose I was hoping for something more spectacular." Tabuki says, shaking her head again.

"Hey, they can't all be winners."

With that small matter taken care of, arrangements are quickly made for a scale and weights, and while Nitori leaves the room to attend to other matters, she does set up a small recording device. It takes some time, and intense focus on the shifting tugs and forces against the specified objects, but after a while she makes a breakthrough, everything clicking directly into place inside her head.

She still can't entirely eliminate gravity's pull on something, but with the accurate instruments provided it seems she can reduce things to about a quarter of their original weight, or at a maximum increase them to two and a half times their original weight. It's still not enough to allow her to use the ability in place of some sort of magical flight, but close. After a long moment of thought, she estimates that she's one more breakthrough away from denying gravities pull entirely.

Okuu should be off shift shortly. All the better, as she'd managed to tire herself out with the exertion.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 151859
File 132562583549.png - (20.22KB , 338x439 , FireChambersOldHell.png ) [iqdb]
151859
Lamia, Henna, Akira, Bellflower, Narutaru, Newdead, George, Ash, Barrier and the Fire Flingers.

vs

Vet ZF, Avg ZFx2, ZFx3, CSx4, MMx2, DMx2

---

Akira-x
Bellflower-x
Henna-x
Naru-x
Ellette- 7 damage to vZF (23hp)
Honey- 9 damage to vZF (14hp)
B.B.- 7 damage to vZF (7hp)
Yumi- 6 damage to vZF (1hp)
New-x
George-x
Ash-x
BARRIER-x
Lamia-x

vZF : MM2-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d13=1) Akira (14hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d13=13) Lamia (29hp)

Akira- 6 damage to vZF (KO)
Bell- 3 damage to (d2=2) aZF2 (19hp)
Henna- 9 damage to zZF2 (10hp)
Naru- 2 damage to aZF2 (8hp)
Ellette- 9 damage to aZF2 (KO)
Honey- 9 damage to aZF1 (13hp)
B.B.- 6 damage to aZF1 (7hp)
Yumi- 5 damage to aZF1 (2hp)
New- 8 damage to aZF1 (KO)
George- 4 damage to (d3=1) ZF1 (11hp)
Ash- 13 damage to ZF1 (KO)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 3 damage to (d2=2) ZF3 (12hp)

ZF2- 4 damage to (d13=12) BARRIER (46hp)
ZF3- 4 damage to (d13=2) Bell (11hp)
CS1- 3 damage to (d13=3) Henna (24hp)
-Devour attempt (d27= 2) Fail
CS2- 3 damage to (d13=12) BARRIER (43hp)
-Devour attempt (d115=38) Fail
CS3- 3 damage to (d13=1) Akira (11hp)
-Devour attempt (d15=6) Fail
CS4- 2 damage to (d13=8) Yumi (8hp)
-Devour attempt (d10=1) Fail
MM1- 2 damage to (d13=8) Yumi (6hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d13=8) Yumi (4hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d13=9) New (29hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d13=1) Akira (9hp)

Akira- 6 damage to ZF3 (6hp)
Bell- 2 damage to ZF3 (4hp)
Henna- 9 damage to ZF3 (KO)
Naru- 2 damage to ZF2 (13hp)
Ellette- 8 damage to ZF2 (5hp)
Honey- 9 damage to ZF2 (KO)
B.B.- 7 damage to (d4=4) CS4 (3hp)
Yumi- 6 damage to CS4 (KO)
New- 7 damage to (d3=1) CS1 (3hp)
George- 3 damage to CS1 (KO)
Ash- 16 damage to (d2=1) CS2 (KO)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 4 damage to CS3 (6hp)

CS3- 3 damage to (d13=4) Naru (7hp)
- Devour attempt (d10=8) Success
Naru takes an extra 2 damage (5hp)
MM1-1 damage to (d12=2) Bell (10hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d12=10) Ash (54hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d12=10) Ash (53hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d12=5) Honey (13hp)

Akira- 7 damage to CS3 (KO)
-Belly slit open neatly, Naru is rescued.
Bell- 3 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (7hp)
Henna- 9 damage to (d4=1) MM1 (1hp)
Naru-x
Ellette- 8 damage to (d4=2) MM2 (2hp)
Honey- 9 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (KO)
B.B.- 5 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (KO)
Yumi- 6 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (4hp)
New- 8 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (KO, -4hp)
George- 4 damage to MM1 (KO, -3hp)

New- 8 damage to DM2 (-12hp, dead)
George- 3 damage to MM1 (-6hp)

Victory
+1bxp
MM1- -6/10, d10=2, dead and Necrophobe.
Conscripted: (2d2= 1, 1) MMA(Necrophobe), DMA
Loot: 4 squid meat -> 16 silvers
Bleak Aura (zombie): d100=86.
Scouting sub-tunnels IV.

---

The Little Devas, Alexandria, Chris, Dominique, Russet, Finni, Widget, Every DM, Deady, Newdead, Ain and Soph and whoever is left.

vs

HD P Golem, Hell Hound, 'Morte'+equips, ZFx3, aZFx2, LSx2, aLSx1, Fire Wisp x3, MMx4, DMx4

Strategy roll: d10=9, success. Flat +4hp, +1 damage.

---

Emerald-x
Chris-x
Dominique-x
Russet-x
Vanice-x
Finni-x
Vanda-x
Widget-x
Alexandria-x
Chiko- 7 damage to (d3=2) FW2 (1hp)
Levina- 5 damage to FW2 (KO)
Yumiko- 5 damage to (d2=1) FW1 (3hp)
Fabrizia- 3 damage to FW1 (KO)
Marshmallow- 4 damage to FW3 (4hp)
Elizabeth- 3 damage to FW3 (1hp)
Iona- 4 damage to FW3 (KO)
Mallea- 3 damage to HH (37hp)
Ella- 4 damage to HH (33hp)
Ruby-4 damage to HH (29hp)
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x
Deady-x
Dead2-x
Ain- 7 damage to HH (22hp)
Soph- 4 damage to HH (18hp)

HDP Golem- 13 damage to (d26=10) Chiko (11hp)
HH- 23 damage to (d26=25) Ain (HALF, 11hp)
'Morte'-x
ZF1 : aZF2-x
LS1- 2 damage to (d26=24) Dead2 (32hp)
LS2- 2 damage to (d26=24) Dead2 (30hp)
aLS- 6 damage to (d26=14) Marshmallow (17hp)
MM1 : 4-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d26=15) Elizabeth (18hp)
DM2 1 damage to (d26=16) Iona (18hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d26=4) Russet (18hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d26=15) Elizabeth (16hp)

Emerald- 16 damage to HH (2hp)
Chris- 9 damage to HH (KO)
Dominique- 10 damage to 'Morte' (24hp)
Russet- 9 damage to 'Morte' (15hp)
Vanice- 7 damage to 'Morte' (8hp)
Finni- 6 damage to 'Mort' (2hp)
Vanda- 4 damage to 'Morte' (KO)
Widget- 6 damage to (d13=4) aZF1 (16hp)
Alexandria- 4 damage to aZF1 (12hp)
Chiko- 6 damage to (d3=3) aLS (FULL 12hp)
Levina- 5 damage to aLS (FULL 7hp)
Yumiko- 4 damage to aLS (FULL 3hp)
Fabrizia- 3 damage to aLS (FULL KO)
Marshmallow- 4 damage to (d2=2) LS2 (FULL 8hp)
Elizabeth- 4 damage to LS2 (FULL 4hp)
Iona- 3 damage to LS2 (FULL 1hp)
Mallea- 3 damage to LS2 (FULL KO)
Ella- 4 damage to LS1 (FULL 8hp)
Ruby- 5 damage to LS1 (FULL 3hp)
Frances- 9 damage to aZF1 (3hp)
Quinn- 9 damage to aZF1 (KO)
Janice- 8 damage to (d12=6) MM2 (2hp)
Deady- 13 damage to MM2 (KO, -11hp, dead)
Dead2- 11 damage to (d11=7) MM4 (KO, -1hp)
Ain- 4 damage to LS1 (FULL KO)
Soph- 4 damage to (d10=6) MM3 (6hp)

HDPG- 6 damage to (d26=2) Chris (13hp)
ZF1- 3 damage to (d26=7) Vanda (11hp)
ZF2- 4 damage to (d26=3) Dominique (20hp)
ZF3- 4 damage to (d26=26) Soph (HALF 14hp)
aZF2- 6 damage to (d26=5) Vanice (8hp)
MM1- 2 damage to (d26=8) Widget (12hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d26=16) Iona (17hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d26=6) Finni (13hp)
DM2-1 damage to (d26=9) Alexandria (13hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d26=20) Frances (20hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d26=10) Chiko (9hp)

Emerald- 14 damage to MM3 (KO)
Chris- 8 damage to (d9=4) aZF2 (14hp)
Dominique- 11 damage to aZF2 (3hp)
Russet- 8 damage to aZF2 (KO)
Vanice- 8 damage to (d8=3) ZF3 (7hp)
Finni- 7 damage to ZF3 (KO)
Vanda- 4 damage to (d7=6) DM3 (6hp)
Widget- 7 damage to DM3 (KO)
Alexandria- 5 damage to (d6=2) ZF2 (10hp)
Chiko- 6 damage to ZF2 (4hp)
Levina- 4 damage to ZF2 (KO)
Yumiko- 5 damage to (d5=1) ZF1 (10hp)
Fabrizia- 3 damage to ZF1 (7hp)
Marshmallow- 4 damage to ZF1 (3hp)
Elizabeth- 3 damage to ZF1 (KO)
Iona- 4 damage to (d4=4) DM4 (6hp)
Mallea- 3 damage to DM4 (3hp)
Ella- 3 damage to DM4 (KO)
Ruby- 5 damage to (d3=1) MM1 (5hp)
Frances- 7 damage to MM1 (KO, -2hp)
Quinn- 8 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (2hp)
Janice- 10 damage to DM2 (KO, -8hp)
Deady- 13 damage to DM1 (KO, -3hp)
Dead2- 10 damage to G (90hp)
Ain- 6 damage to G (84hp)
Soph- 4 damage to G (80hp)

HDPG- 10 damage to (d26=8) Widget (4hp)

Emerald- 17 damage to G (63hp)
Chris- 8 damage to G (55hp)
Dominique- 10 damage to G (45)
Russet- 8 damage to G (37hp)
Vanice- 8 damage to G (29hp)
Finni- 7 damage to G (22hp)
Vanda- 4 damage to G (18hp)
Widget- 6 damage to G (12hp)
Alexandria- 5 damage to G (8hp)
Chiko- 6 damage to G (2hp)
Levina- 4 damage to G (KO)

Deady- 13 damage to DM1 (-16hp, dead)

Victory
+1 bxp
MM1: -2/10, d10=3, lives. DM2: -8/10, d10=10, lives [Battle Scarred]
Conscript: d5=5 'Morte', d4=2 DMB[Battle Scarred 1]
Bleak Aura (zombie): d100= 92
Bleak Aura (spirit): d100= 19
Scouting: XVI, LIV, LV, area 4

>> No. 151860
I'm half tempted to talk to Morte at the next opportunity, something about surviving all this time makes for an interesting "mook." Just nothing that requires CHA rolls, don't want to scare him off now.
>> No. 151861
>>151860
Wait, sorry if I'm being slowpoke, but is 'morte' that MM that had battle scarred x6 or x7 from 8 threads ago?
>> No. 151865
Morte and a new Battle-scarred Mook? Awesome.
Also, pity over the autofail for Int.
>> No. 151866
Yeah, Morte's the one that got Survivor so many times that Kahi had to make a new trait for her to stop it from stacking any further. She's... not particularly happy at the moment, but I imagine it'll go up over time if she's kept out of squads with undead in them and if requests are filled.

Also going to have to find more class unlocks soon, particularly Knight and Witch. The less XP wasted in Mook the better.


[x]Wait for Okuu. Not much else to do, really, though if you see Nitori again and she's not busy, ask if she knows much about the Forest of Magic, as you have a letter to deliver and you don't know much about the area...


Before I forget, did a gear order go out to the smith? Cash hasn't changed in the spreadsheet, but it might not be deducted until the day ends.
>> No. 151868
[x] Wait for Okuu. Ask for another ride, back home, and talk about physics again.

Alternatively, we could ask her to drop Tabby near Orin, if the cat is still in Hell. We have to tal about catnap cliffs sooner or later.
>> No. 151872
Nah, Orin's in DO NOT DISTURB mode right now. You can probably ask Satori if she wants to send some food or something over to her, but otherwise leave her be.
>> No. 151873
>>151872

Wouldn't using her good mood advantageous? I'd say she is still pretty happy with our gift/trade
>> No. 151874
>>151873
DO NOT DISTURB means just that. If she's so focused in sifting through Kristoph's secrets that she hasn't been coming home at night, she's not going want anyone pestering her. Unobtrusively ferrying some supplies over for Satori(if needed) is the best you're going to do until she's done with him.

And on another note, Tabby would need to give her something good if she wants to take the territory; Orin's bio spells that out pretty clearly, and to Orin Kristoph's already been bought and paid for so don't try anything along that angle. It simply isn't worth it right now.
>> No. 151875
Jumping ahead a bit -- when we get back, we should ask Valkyrie Garland and Ryoko Anderash about "Morte". They all appear to come from the same home territory (denoted FCP in the spreadsheet).

Two options immediately come to mind for dealing with her:
- Station her in FCP, relieving Valkyrie of garrison duties.
- Give her a pirate's outfit, and hand both her and the Negotiator over to Lily.

These are probably both stupid, but we need more info.

[x] Wait for Okuu. Not much else to do, really, though if you see Nitori again and she's not busy, ask if she knows much about metallurgy.
- [x] Oh, and ... keep an eye out for spiders. [Perception]
[x] Consider whether rereading Relativity later would be worth your time, now that you've got a grasp on calculus.
>> No. 151876
For what to do later, shouldn't we seek Sakura by now if we have time this afternoon? We need Meira healed, no way around it.
>> No. 151877
[x] See if you can borrow some welding goggles for a bit. Mess with the wand - see if you can make it do the bright-light thing on command.
>> No. 151878
>>151875
Pretty sure rereading won't be necessary. Best to go for the other physics books to build upon what Tabby's already picked up.

Oh, and there's no need to bench/dispose of Morte. She may not like Tabby, but she'll still follow orders, and the animosity will go down in time.


I should also note it's late and Tabby's tired and that Okuu is kind of absentminded and if Tabby's not there to flag her down there's a chance she'll forget to bring her home with her.
>> No. 151879
>>151875
Morte is one of our strongest units, only slightly less powerful than Deady when she gets her sword. We should at least try to utilize her before sending her away.
>> No. 151880
>>151875

You'd give a fairy with the survivor perk and her own equipment to Lily? Why?
>> No. 151883
>>151875
I know that you mentioned more info, but I can't see how giving up a good unit is worth whatever pitiful influence increment we'd get. Besides, Lily is quite the unstable 'ally'
>> No. 151903
I imagine he's overreacting to Morte's 35 Influence. It shouldn't be too hard to shore up, and I doubt she'd try to disobey orders or anything in the mean time.
>> No. 151906
Ok, since I will probably not be around when the next few updates come, I'm going ahead and post what I was thinking for the next turn. Since there aren't scouting reports for the next areas, I will just give suggestions where to invade, though I believe we all aim to conquer OH/FC4 towards Nitori.

[x] Talk to meira about swordmanship.
-[x] After that, it's time to hunt down Sakura.
[x] Bind an Earth Spirit into the Copper Shield.

Unlock samurai and miko classes, please. And/or read the book on spiders.

[x] War Plans.
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Unstation both fairies from OH/FC03, and put Devia Spathe there.
-[x] Equip items: Leather Gloves- Garnet; Copper 2H Hammer-Bellflower; 5 Copper Rods- Fire Flingers and Ruby Waters; 2 PM Swords-Lamia and Vanda Kiru; Copper 2H Sword- Deady; 2 Copper 2H Axe- Dead2 and Newdead; Copper Spear- Dominique; Copper Shield- Marshmallow; PM Breastplate- Blackheart; 2 PM Large Shields-Finni Geewhiz and Widget Goldberg.
--[x] Re-equip the Domnique's PM 2H to George; the 4 PM Rods from the FFs to Beatrice Pommel, Levina, Yumiko Creo and Fabrizia.

[x] Battles:
-[x] Invade OH/FC-4.
-[x] Invade LVIII's tunnels. We've taken LVIII now, it's an entrance to sub-tunnels. Might have something interessing.
-[x] Invade Tunnels VI-3. It's a straight line. Where does it lead to.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-2. This tunnel has a water body. It may take us to the SDM's Lake, Komachi or a fishing spot. Who knows, maybe even water spirits to bind.
-[x] Invade Parsee's Bridge. Talk to Parsee first or send a cask of mushroom ale. Send strong ranged units to end the fight quickly, and use the cask as a bribe if Parsee consider joinning the fight.
-[x] Invade Catnap Cliffs. Talk to Orin first. I seriously don't think she would be interessed in the fight, but her minions might be. Might have to make yet another deal with her.

Giving the stronger items to the stonger units. Morte already has hers. Copper rods go to the Flingers and a DM with battle scarred with 2xp. Their PM rods go to DMs with battle scarred (but 0xp) and ranked up DMs. Dominique will get her spear and her 2H sword will go to George, since he can't use 2H axes yet. The axes go to Dead2 and Newdead, while Deady gets the Copper 2H sword, making full use of ther Gnashing maw perk and high attack power. Copper shield for Marshmallow, since she will probably be a support type miko, and she requested one. Blackheart gets the Breastplate, because she requested and has died more than every other Flinger. Hammer for Bellflower, due to request. Leather Gloves to Garnet, as requested. PM swords for Lamia, if she can use them, and for a MM. The Large shields go to 2 MMs with their own PM swords already.

There is a chance we might receive uniforms from Pedro.
>> No. 151910
File 132572920831.png - (177.18KB , 1310x907 , Catnap_cliffs.png ) [iqdb]
151910
>>151906
I think we should stay away from Catnap Cliffs unless someone has a particularly brilliant plan. I don’t like the current odds.
>> No. 151911
>>151903
That, and the Negotiator's 22, and the fact that I was thinking "battle-scarred == eyepatch == pirate! Lily'll love her!"

Yes, I very clearly recall that being my actual train of thought. Yes, it's completely indefensible. I ... assume I was sleep-deprived at the time?

>>151906
Skipping the Maintence [sic] section; I'll think about it later.

> Invade OH/FC-4.
Yeah, this is as non-controversial as it gets.

> Invade LVIII's tunnels. We've taken LVIII now, it's an entrance to sub-tunnels. Might have something interessing.
Ditto. Wait for a scouting report first, of course, but -- yeah.

> Invade Tunnels VI-3. It's a straight line. Where does it lead to.
Reading Spider first would be nice, if we can do that.

> Invade Tunnels II-2. This tunnel has a water body. It may take us to the SDM's Lake, Komachi or a fishing spot. Who knows, maybe even water spirits to bind.
I assume you mean II-3, since we have II-2 already. We'd have to go through Luna. Not sure if want... in retrospect this would have been a good idea when we knew Luna was out of commission, though.

I wonder if we can't just make a new tunnel with earth-moving techniques, and thereby go around Luna's territory?

> Invade Parsee's Bridge. Talk to Parsee first or send a cask of mushroom ale. Send strong ranged units to end the fight quickly, and use the cask as a bribe if Parsee consider joinning the fight.
Uhhh...

> Invade Catnap Cliffs. Talk to Orin first. I seriously don't think she would be interessed in the fight, but her minions might be. Might have to make yet another deal with her.
man what

Okay, I ... think you think it's going to be possible to negotiate with Leaders to stay out of the way while we tromp all over their territory. Even if that's theoretically possible, I really don't think Tabby can pull it off.

Also, while we clearly do want to wrangle passage-rights out of Parsee at some point -- which will probably only happen by force or very expensive bribery -- I suspect the only thing of value that Catnap Cliffs has is Orin and her goon squad. Quite valuable, in its own way, but (Orin being Orin) also a double-edged sword.

Also also, "interesting" and "interested", since you made the same typo twice.
>> No. 151913
Parsee might be persuaded to let Tabby take the bridge, but that relies on a number of different factors that won't really be known until the approach has been made, though a bottle of the wine would be a large step in the right direction, as well waiting until the afternoon. Not trying to attack on the day of the talks is a given, of course.

It also bears repeating that interrupting Orin's studies for what, to her, is a trivial matter is a great way to tank her Influence score. There's also no reason to bother with her turf aside from getting a couple more mooks, as there's no resources and you don't need to take the area to talk to her.


I'm also not sure if reading the spider book would actually do any good or not, considering there was a Cha check required to try taming the spider back in thread 1, but I do admit that there's really only one way to find out.
>> No. 151939
Hmm, Parsee can be bribed with mushroom ale, like last time. I'm convinced that every leader can be talked out of fighting in the war, regardless of Tabuki's CHA, as we already did that with Yuugi, except Parsee should be easier than the oni (ale x duel).

Yuugi's place is a source of income, and territory was marked in grey. Might be because of their ownership of the place, but nothing says they can't hire fairies. Yuugi hired as barmaids, Orin might hire them as minion to help her with her work at Hell.
>> No. 151940
File 132578778769.png - (4.04KB , 468x444 , SubTunnelsIVexploration1.png ) [iqdb]
151940
Tabuki keeps her ears and eyes open for sign of more spiders, but aside from the intermittent soft scratching in the walls, and at one point a short, sharp set of clanging noises anda shrill screech from behind a heavy metal plate that sent a mechanic into a fit of cursing before he started laboriously opening up the wall to inspect and repair the interior, none showed themselves.

It seems that they and the wall-fairies are currently in the process of hunting and being hunted by each other, of course. The spiders probably have numbers on their side, but the fairies won't stay dead, so... a long and bitter battle, but Tabuki presumes that the fae will come out superior in its eventual end.

"... You're still here!" Okuu notes, seeming a little startled as she exits the high-danger fusion reaction chambers.

"Waiting for you." Tabuki nodded. "Are you ready to leave?"

"Yeah, I was starting to get hungry anyway." The raven replied, as Nitori bustled quickly past with an armload of... well, Tabuki isn't entirely sure what it is, aside from the fact that it looks really dangerous. Probably best not to interrupt her, as she starts ordering her workers around.

"Oh... you'll be interested to know about this. Some time back, I had a small altercation with miss Yuugi, and..." Tabuki says instead, leading into an explanation of the impromptu and dangerous technique she had invented on the fly.

"... That sounds a lot like my Giga Flare! ... Only smaller. And mine doesn't hurt me. Hm...." Okuu says, frowning.

"I haven't attempted a repeat performance, I'll admit." Tabuki says.

"Well... yeah. You might want to be careful about that sort of thing. With some work, you might get something like what I do, without hurting yourself in the process. Probably nothing that can be called a 'Giga', though." She rambles aloud. "Maybe... no, I don't really think it could be called a 'Mega' either. Or 'Grand'. Probably just a Flare, then. Maybe just a 'Blast'."

"My diversity in offensive magic is somewhat lacking. Are you offering to tutor, or oversee experiments with that sort of thing, then?"

"Eh? Ah.... no, no, sorry. I've got my work, and I don't really have the time for that sort of thing." Okuu says, apologetically. "But you should really be sure to be careful not to kill yourself playing with that on your own."

"I'll take that under advisement." Tabuki says, shaking her head as Okuu touches down at the Palace. "In any case, I think it's around dinner time..."

---

Emerald seems to have woken before her today, Tabuki notes as she drags herself awake. Her spouse isn't gone long, though, as she returns to the room, Tabuki's wand in hand...

"Did you need that for something?" She asks wryly, as the fairy suddenly looks a little sheepish.

"Ah... I had to borrow this, sorry. I was going to tell you about it later, I just didn't want to wake you up. It's about the tunnels under the tunnels and everything."

"Go ahead." Tabuki says, rising and stretching.

"Well... thing is, they're dark. Really really dark." Emerald explains ambivalently. "I mean, the tunnels are already dark, but there's a little light there, and you can see once your eyes are used to it. There's no light at all down there, so... um. It might be kind of tricky to scout around?"

".... I can see how that would be the case." Tabuki admits, after a moment of thought. "And?"

"Well... we're not going to be able to scout much past the entry without something to give light. Maybe torches would work, but those will burn out pretty quickly, you'll have to either make or by them again. Um... you might try binding things and hoping you hit something that makes things glow enough to see by, maybe?"

"Yes, that's a possibility. Fire would doubtless be a good choice, going at it logically. Or I could attempt to duplicate the sort of enchantment on my wand that allows it to give light." Tabuki points out.

".... Hey, yeah, that could work too!"

"In any case, is that all?"

"Ah... well, not really. We know that there's three tunnels heading off from the entry, but... we havn't actually got any reports on what's down those tunnels for you. Sorry." Emerald says, awkwardly.

"Meaning that any troop movements are a complete shot in the dark." Tabuki concludes. "And I doubt that attempting to hold a territory without being able to see anything in it would be a pleasant venture. What about Danmaku? I believe that gives off a sort of glow..."

"Sorry, but... it's not very good for seeing by. The light only goes a little bit out from the bullet, and not any more than that, and if it comes close enough to see something by... then you're too close to whatever it is."

"Pyrokinetics. The fire-flingers." Tabuki says, then re-phrases at Emerald's blank look.

"Yeah, they could work, to make light to see by. Or... I guess the Zombies might not have to see, so much, to sniff things out and drive them off, or whatever they'll do. They can't really give reports on things, though..."

"I have a work-around for that. In any case, the options for scouting and territory defense in the sub-tunnels are, in order, Equipment to give light, soldiers which can provide their own light, and soldiers which do not require light." Tabuki says, outlining the issue. "The complication with the last two being that if these soldiers are stationed to hold such territories, then they cannot be deployed upon other ventures, which may be unfortunate given that they tend to be the more powerful of the options I can bring to bear."

"Yeah, that's.... I think what I said." Emerald agrees.

"Simply magnificent. The equipment arrived without issue, I trust?"

"Yeah... well, uh... yeah. But the clothes-guy didn't have uniforms yet, and the smith apparently said something like 'you want to make arrangements for things other than what I've already told you about, you come here and talk to me in person, and don't just send some empty-head lackey to rattle things off a list'. Or something."

"I see that constructing a more secure holding facility for the prisoner will have to wait." Tabuki sighs.

"Is that what you wanted all that for?" Emerald asks, seeming startled. ".... I mean. Of course that's what you wanted it for."

"My intent was to secure her in the hells until such time as she would begin to resurrect there even should she manage her demise-"

"Won't work." Emerald interrupts right away. "We show up again at our 'homes'. Where that is changes, as we change the places we live, but if we don't consider it at least a little bit our 'home', it's not going to change, and so just holding us against our will somewhere isn't usually going to be enough..."

"This is something that would have been well worth mentioning before." Tabuki almost snaps.

"Ah... you never asked." Emerald says, shrugging. "Not Satori, here."

Tabuki sighs and shakes her head.

"Well... in any case, I'll review what reports we do have, and consider what to do from there.

---

Scouting Reports

Tunnels IV-6

Avg ZFx4, ZFx4, CSx4, Cave Spider x2, MMx3, DMx3
Wandering Encounter: Master ZF.

FC/OH-4
ZFx4, aZFx2, vZF, LSx3, Fire wisp x3, MMx4, DMx4

LV
ZFx6, aZFx3, vZFx2, LSx2 FWx6, aFWx4, vFW, MMx3, DMx3

LIV
ZFx8 aZFx4, vZFx2, Hellhound x2, FWx4, aFWx2, MMx3, DMx4

XVI
ZFx4, aZFx2, HH x2, 2-headed Hellhound, Heavily-damaged Punishment Golem x2, FWx8, MMx6, DMx8

Subtunnels IV-1
???

ST IV-2
???

ST IV-3
???

Updated reports:

TIV-5
Wandering encounter has left this area.

Abridged War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Flickering Light
-HD Miko Cosplay
-Silk Robe of Nullification(Fire)
-Copper Rod x5
-PM Sword x2
-Copper 2H Sword
-PM 2H Axe x2
-Copper Spear
-Copper 2H Hammer
-Copper Shield
-PM Large Shield x2
-PM Breastplate
-Leather Gloves
148 silvers


Keiko has become a Housemaid.

Injury breakdown:
Tabuki- 98/100 hp, 6770/8100 mp
Meira- 29/120 hp
Ash- 53/60 hp
Barrier- 43/115 hp
Lamia- Full 30/30 hp

---

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---[ ] Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 151942
[x] Track down Sakura.

We need to get Meira healed, period. We also need to know if she can offer others services, like maybe teaching some healing spells. But should we go with Meira with us or not?

I'll leave war plans to others.
>> No. 151943
We should do something romantic with our wife. Not for smexyness, but well she's a good fairy.
Go on a picnic maybe?
>> No. 151945
Options:

Hunt down Sakura, maybe hit Pedro's and get directions to Lopez's place while searching.

Keep Emerald back for the day and and get as much info on fairies as you can get out of her; general knowledge, class changing info, what to do with the Negotiator(what would happen if she's let go/given to Lily/ect), her own past(it was a bonus, but I don't think Tabby has it in-character). Stuff like that. Can probably be combined with some of the other options.

Make a stop by the Hells and cram a fire spirit into something. Probably best combined with something else.

Talk to Meira about training. Can probably be tacked on to other options.

Talk to the Negotiator(even though I know no one else will bother going for it).

Reading. Rifling through the potential magic books or continuing to climb the science tree are top pick for me, though other options are possible.
>> No. 151980
File 132587288830.png - (127.89KB , 1416x778 , OOB10_Proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
151980
Need some good pairs of eyes to proofread this.

Battle plan:
Garrison Movement: Release Morte and Beatrice from FC/OH–3 and move Shiina from LVIII to FC/OH-3.

Equipment Movement:
[x] Remove all weapons from Dominique, Russet, Chiko, Ellette, Honey, Blackheart and Yumi.
[x] Equip: Bellflower (Copper 2H Hammer), Dominique (Copper Spear), Russet (Pot-metal 2H Sword), Finni (PM Large shield happened), Vanda (Pot-metal Sword), Widget (PM Large Shield), Chiko (Copper Rod), Levina (Copper Rod), Yumiko (Copper Rod), Fabrizia (Pot-Metal Rod), Marshmallow (Copper Shield), Elizabeth (PM Rod), Iona (PM Rod), Mallea (PM Rod), Ellette (Copper Rod), Honey (Copper Rod), Blackheart (PM Rod, PM Breastplate), Deady (Copper 2H Sword), Dead2 (PM 2H Axe), Newdead (PM 2H Axe), George (PM Gauntlets Spiked), Lamia (PM Sword), Kerrin (Leather gloves).

Troop Movements:
[x] Invade FC/OH-4 with Emerald, Akira, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Dead2, Newdead, George, Fabrizia, Marshmallow, Elizabeth, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Ruby, Beatrice.
-[x] All ranged units focus on fire wisps first, then on lost spirits, then on whatever the melee units are pounding on.
-[x] All melee units focus on zombies then on mooks.

[x] Invade TV-3 with Morte, Widget, Henna, Blackheart, Yumi, Chiko, Levina,Yumiko.
-[x] Roll strategy.
-[x] Focus on spiders, then on squids and everything else.

[x] Invade TII-3 with the brawlers, Quinn, Janice, Elette, Ain, Soph, Ash, BARRIER and the lamia.
-[x] Focus down the Ooze, then the squids, then everyone else.
-[x] Barrier is to protect Ash.
Misc
[x] Vanda, Narutaru and Alexandria can be used for miko-searching.
[x] Deady and Honey will scout sub tunnels IV and try to give a more detailed report on what’s waiting for us down there. Honey as primary scout and Deady as bodyguard. Retreat if forced into combat.
>> No. 151984
[x] Bind earth spirits into Copper Shield.
[x] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [x] Meira
-- [x] Swordsmanship .
[x] Visit the Smithy.
[x] Track down Sakura

Samurai classes, right? Why have we not unlocked them yet? Now, talking to Meira shoulnd't take much time at all, as she's usually around. Then we should go to the smith since she called us, before she closes shop for the day, and search for Sakura, if there is still time.

I don't mind what the plans are like, as long as they aren't outright suicidal, which >>151980's don't seem to. Though I don't think sending three fairies to seek for the miko is right. Tabuki herself should do, today, if there is time, or tomorrow, at the latest.
>> No. 151985
>>151984
>Though I don't think sending three fairies to seek for the miko is right.

The problem is that tabby has 1 in both luck and perception. She… is not particularly good at finding things. Besides, it’s not like those three fairies are really needed for anything else.
>> No. 151987
>>151985

Well, we could change them to brawlers/flingers. Or just gather xp for a rank up.
>> No. 151989
>>151984
The Smith didn't call Tabby, she just said that if she wants to waste large amounts of money that could be used for gear on impractical dungeon equipment she'll have to make the order personally.


Oh, and I imagine it's less sending the fairies out to hunt for Sakura, and more having them assist Tabby while [i]she[/] looks for her, and to perhaps keep an eye out for other points of interest.
>> No. 151990
>>[x] Bind earth spirits into Copper Shield.

Uhm, no. We only have access to "Weak Earth" at the moment, and that will only give a 2 HP bonus. Not worth bind it to a Copper Shield. A Pot Metal Shield? Sure. A Copper Shield? Not worth it at the moment.

>>>Though I don't think sending three fairies to seek for the miko is right.

As >>151985 just pointed out, Tabby won't be able to find her. We need to heal Meira, which means we need Sakura. If you want to suggest another course of action that gives us the most outcome for the least spent to get it, go right ahead. The problem is that your current vote is VERY lacking in that regard.

>>151980
I'm liking most of this, but minor tweeks should be made. If Honey is scouting, she will need the wand, which means you need to state giving her the wand. It also means telling her that the wand will sometimes flash. The ONLY issue I see with the plans for Tunnels V, Area 3 is that the Cave Squid may eat the fairies. As such, I think we should focus on the CS first, then the spiders for that area. If this were an area filled almost entirely with nothing but Spiders and a few CS, I would agree, but at the moment, that really isn't the case. So, I'll delete my previous vote and add your suggestions to it as I repost it.

[X] Heal Barrier.
[X] Bind a Spirit/Element to one of the Pot Metal Shields.
[X] Ask any of the fairies if they know where the miko Sakura is.
-[X] If none of them know, use any leftover free fairies (after you put together your battle plans) to search for her, and to tell her that someone is interested in potentially hiring them, and that you would be interested in meeting/discussing things with them at Yuugi's Bar tomorrow.
[X] Station Shiina Piesnatcher in FC/OH 3. Keep Devia Spathe stationed in LVIII. Make plans to switch Shiina out when you get another territory in the Fire Chambers of the Old Hell, as LVIII will likely become contested territory at some point due to it being close to Sunny's territory.
[X] Make plans to visit the Blacksmith to discuss the plans/prices for 'shackles', and if you have any time, Pedro's to get the location of Lopez's shop.

Equipment Movement:
[x] Remove all weapons from Dominique, Russet, Chiko, Ellette, Honey, Blackheart and Yumi.
[x] Equip: Bellflower (Copper 2H Hammer), Dominique (Copper Spear), Russet (Pot-metal 2H Sword), Finni (PM Large shield happened), Vanda (Pot-metal Sword), Widget (PM Large Shield), Chiko (Copper Rod), Levina (Copper Rod), Yumiko (Copper Rod), Fabrizia (Pot-Metal Rod), Marshmallow (Copper Shield), Elizabeth (PM Rod), Iona (PM Rod), Mallea (PM Rod), Ellette (Copper Rod), Honey (Copper Rod), Blackheart (PM Rod, PM Breastplate), Deady (Copper 2H Sword), Dead2 (PM 2H Axe), Newdead (PM 2H Axe), George (PM Gauntlets Spiked), Lamia (PM Sword), Kerrin (Leather gloves).

Troop Movements:
[x] Invade FC/OH-4 with Emerald, Akira, Bellflower, Chris, Dominique, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Dead2, Newdead, George, Fabrizia, Marshmallow, Elizabeth, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Ruby, Beatrice.
-[x] All ranged units focus on fire wisps first, then on lost spirits, then on whatever the melee units are pounding on.
-[x] All melee units focus on zombies then on mooks.

[x] Invade TV-3 with Morte, Widget, Henna, Blackheart, Yumi, Chiko, Levina,Yumiko.
-[x] Roll strategy.
-[x] Focus on the squids, then on spiders, and then everything else.

[x] Invade TII-3 with the brawlers, Quinn, Janice, Elette, Ain, Soph, Ash, BARRIER and the lamia.
-[x] Focus down the Ooze, then the squids, then everyone else.
-[x] Barrier is to protect Ash.

Misc
[x] Vanda, Narutaru and Alexandria can be used for miko-searching.
[x] Deady and Honey will scout sub tunnels IV and try to give a more detailed report on what’s waiting for us down there. Give Honey the Wand for this job, and inform her that it does sometimes flash. Honey as primary scout and Deady as bodyguard. They are to retreat if forced into combat.
>> No. 151992
>bind Copper Shield

Well, just because we can't unbind spirits right now doesn't bean we can't unbind spirits later on. In fact, it's the exception that proves the rule--if Kahi mentions we can't unbind now, we should be able to unbind later.

We also see that, in the googledocs, fairies have default stats. Since their perception can't be worse than a 1, (and it's reasonable to assume that they're average), they'll definitely have better luck than we will. They also probably have better luck.
>> No. 151993
>>151992
Yeah, but we can only bind things once a day. Even if we can unbind things later, it still isn't worth it.
>> No. 151996
If memory serves, Sakura doesn't have any one set location in the city that she hangs out in, so asking the fairies if they've seen her isn't going to get anywhere. Besides, they have rather poor memory and attention spans, so if they haven't been ordered to keep an eye out for her they wouldn't remember anyways. While they probably can help in the search, Tabby will need to be out there with them.

Oh, and standard fairy Perception is 4, by the way. Not great, but miles better than a 1.

I'd also suggest trying to bind a fire spirit to a weapon, if opportunity permits. More light sources would be nice.

And please. Really. Stop with the shackles. It's a waste of time and money, unless you're just trying to give her something fancy to choke herself out with. Or bash her skull open on. Do remember that suicide is a win for her.
>> No. 151999
>>151990
>If Honey is scouting, she will need the wand

Honey is a fire flinger, she should not need the wand.

>The ONLY issue I see with the plans for Tunnels V, Area 3 is that the Cave Squid may eat the fairies.

No time, we should have enough dps to kill the spiders during the second round. Any fairies swallowed by the round 2 counterattack will be freed in round 3.
>> No. 152002
Now that maps appeared, how far until the Kappa's place?
>> No. 152004
[x]Talk to Meira abut giving a few fairies some sword training.
[x]Head over to Pedro's to get directions to Lopez's shop, then go have a chat with Lopez. If Meira's been getting restless sitting around all day, bring her along too. Have a couple spare fairies wander around town while you're doing this, keeping an eye out for Sakura or other locations of interest like the bookstore, and have them report in if they've seen anything.
[x]Once you're done at Lopez's, join the fairies on the hunt.

[x]If there's enough time left in the day after all of that, make a quick trip to the Old Hells to bind a fire spirit to someone's weapon.

Gear/Troop movements so far look fine. No visit to the smith, because, frankly, setting up a dungeon to imprison a fairy effectively would be quite costly, and the money could be turned to more productive matters. I also don't trust Sakura in the slightest and believe there's something else going on there, but I suppose the only way to find out for sure is to pay her a visit.
>> No. 152005
>>152002

No map for that area was made yet. At least two more territories to enter Nitori's area, then we will see exactly how far it is.
>> No. 152008
[x] Talk to Meira about swordmanship.
[x] Bind an Earth Spirit into the Copper Shield.
-[x] After that, it's time to hunt down Sakura.


[x] War Plans.
[x] Maintence:
-[x] Unstation both fairies from OH/FC03, and put Devia Spathe there.
-[x] Equip items: Leather Gloves- Garnet; Copper 2H Hammer-Bellflower; 5 Copper Rods- Fire Flingers and Ruby Waters; 2 PM Swords-Lamia and Vanda Kiru; Copper 2H Sword- Deady; 2 Copper 2H Axe- Dead2 and Newdead; Copper Spear- Dominique; Copper Shield- Marshmallow; PM Breastplate- Blackheart; 2 PM Large Shields-Finni Geewhiz and Widget Goldberg.
--[x] Re-equip the Domnique's PM 2H to George; the 4 PM Rods from the FFs to Beatrice Pommel, Levina, Yumiko Creo and Fabrizia.

[x] Deady, Vanda, Narutaru, Alexandria go with team invading FC/OH 04.


I'm back, and going to turn my earlier suggestions into a real vote. Since the Battle Plans are reasonable enough, I'm going to second it, with a modifictation or two.

I'm of the opinion that Tabuki can find Sakura alone, regardless of PER/LUK. There is no [PER/LUK] besides the option? Then there won't be a roll. Default/Offered options without [STAT] don't involve any rolling.

I don't know why equipping 2H Sword on Russet is any better than giving it to a Zombie Fairy. George is about to level up (1xp left), and as much as battle-scarred is awesome, a single rank of it is not better than a Fire Flinger. I say give the copper rods to the flingers, as their damage is higher than any Mook's, and Yumi and Blackheart are int he same group as Lavina and Yumiko. With the copper rods and a successful strategy roll, Blackheart will be one-shotting everything except the spiders, and Yumi will almost be the same, leaving just enough HP for the DMs to finish them off.

>>151910

We will never face that shit. We need to do the same thing we did when we took over Yuugi's territory; talk to the place's owner. There's nothing to worry about at least this, talking. Orin likes Tabby, and even if she demans another deal, it won't be something impossible to do.

>I suspect the only thing of value that Catnap Cliffs has is Orin and her goon squad. Quite valuable, in its own way, but (Orin being Orin) also a double-edged sword.

Whow knows? Maybe she will start making Flingers for free? We will only find out when we take it over, or at least talk to her. At least 2 veteran fairies (that's 20xp each), and possibly undead units (Zombie, Skeleton, Spirit).
>> No. 152010
>>152008
There are two ways to equip our soldiers. We can give more damage to high HP units thereby prolonging the time they have to deal damage or we can give them to high damage units hoping to one-hit KO the foe. The disadvantage of the first one is less ability to focus damage while the disadvantage of the other is greater chance of overkill and thereby wasted damage. I tend to favor the first doctrine as we have a decent ability to focus damage already.

The two handed sword goes to russet because George is a conscript and can’t use it yet.

We faced the garrison when we took the bar, I see no reason why it won’t happen again. Besides, what do we really have to gain from attacking this territory?

There is no reason to send the scouting and searching fairies to battle, we are already overstacked enough as it is. We need information about the garrisons in the subtunnels if we are to advance into them, and even if tabby could find the miko alone I would assume that it would go faster with some assistants.
>> No. 152011
[x] >>151990
>> No. 152013
>>152010
I think >>152004 and >>152008 (if they aren't the same person) are the overly-cautious-to-the-point-of-being-cowardly posters from earlier in the previous threads. ANY action more risky than getting out of bed is too dangerous to do in their opinion, so they're going to go out of their way to fuck up any other plans (long term or short term) because "They're too risky", nevermind the fact that most of the time their ill-thought actions/suggestions have even worse outcomes. Yeah...
>> No. 152016
>>152013
Uh, what? I'm going to have to assume you're making a bad attempt at trolling, because those rather pathetic attacks are coming from out of nowhere. Not only do you not actually say what your beef with those votes are, you come across as a whining, petulant child on top of it.
>> No. 152018
>>152016
What? Try again. The past threads have had a two/three individuals (assuming they aren't the SAME individual) who have overreacted to the point of pretentious melodrama to the most ridiculous of things under the guise of them being "Too Dangerous To Undertake." When we had Meira walk with Tabby to the Tailor and Blacksmith incident, these individuals reacted with sheer unbridled horror and rage at the very thought of the "Unreasonable Danger and Risk" we were putting them under, even when it was explained that the worst that could occur was that Tabby would puke and maybe pass out due to being tired. In addition, these posters (assuming it isn't a votespammer) have stated in the past that they want to release the Negotiator, regardless of the fact that it has been explained that the methods they have suggested for doing so have ranged from poorly-reasoned to full out retarded levels of idiocy.

Therefore, assuming that these people, people who have thrown out "Safer" votes, while subtely stating their desire to "Release the Negotiator", makes it pretty clear they are the same posters from the previous threads. Posters who continue to attempt to derail many steps out of "THINK OF THE CHILDRENTABBY!" concerns. Concerns which are ultimately pretentious and melodramatic. It's as annoying as some idiot attempting to derail a story for lulz in its own unique way.

Also, in regards to your accusations of my character, I find them comparable to the flailings of a lobotmized chimp. I'd find it pitiable, if it wasn't so pathetic as to be worthy of contempt.
>> No. 152020
>>152010
Here

If you have constructive criticism voice it >>152013, but if all you have is personal attacks backed by little to no data do us all a favor and stay silent.
>> No. 152021
>>152020
...my original statement was along the lines of "Not these guys again", which is not a personal attack. Yeah, I consider them overly cautious to the point of being cowardly, but I don't hate them, nor do I consider that an insult. A very annoying character flaw, most certainly, but not an insult. You on the other hand? You I find to be pretentiously mediocre busybody. That you should take offense too. But hey, if that doesn't work, I guess I can call you a rancid shit-stained canker sore.
>> No. 152022
>>152021
I do indeed take offence when people like you spew worthless messages of hate even when, or especially when, they “support” my cause. So, did you have anything of value to bring to the thread or are we just in an angry mood tonight?
>> No. 152023
>>152010
>There are two ways to equip our soldiers. We can give more damage to high HP units thereby prolonging the time they have to deal damage or we can give them to high damage units hoping to one-hit KO the foe. The disadvantage of the first one is less ability to focus damage while the disadvantage of the other is greater chance of overkill and thereby wasted damage. I tend to favor the first doctrine as we have a decent ability to focus damage already.

Fair enough, though I will stick to my setup, since I've always like having a few powerful individuals and I like sure-killing things.

>The two handed sword goes to russet because George is a conscript and can’t use it yet.

Isn't the restriction only to Mooks? Looking at the spreadsheet, it's noted that Mooks must be Avg+ to use them, but zombies aren't "Mook".

Also, if I remember right, it was said/explained that Zombies have limited weapon usage, but we don't know which are them. It could have been actually the Brawlers, and not the Zombies, but I'm not sure.

Something to consider: Spears requires less metal, costs less and deal less damage than 2H Swords, yet, they require a rank higher. Curious, no?

>We faced the garrison when we took the bar, I see no reason why it won’t happen again. Besides, what do we really have to gain from attacking this territory?

And I see no reason why we whouldn't try talking to her to avoid facing the garrison. Besides, what did we really had to gain from attacking Yuugi's territory? The barmaid thing only came up after the conquest...

>There is no reason to send the scouting and searching fairies to battle, we are already overstacked enough as it is. We need information about the garrisons in the subtunnels if we are to advance into them, and even if tabby could find the miko alone I would assume that it would go faster with some assistants.

XP hoarding. Might go to waste if we ever turn the fairies into different classes later, but until then every rank up helps.

There is also this:
>"I have a work-around for that. In any case, the options for scouting and territory defense in the sub-tunnels are, in order: equipment to give light, soldiers which can provide their own light, and soldiers which do not require light."

Kinda implied that one of the three is ok. Since what we want, at the moment, is just the scouting bit, I thought only one fairy was enough for that. I mean, there has never been a case of a scout being attacked/eaten, I don't think it would be dangerous just because it's dark.

>>152013
>>152018

I am offended. Are you mad because I voted for something different, and you think I'm "ruinning" your plan? I see no relevance in your posts, other than "I think that guy voted for something different than me sometime in the past, he's ruinning everything!!1!"
>> No. 152026
>>152022
Nah, I just have a habit of pissing off the easily offended, the ignorant, the arrogant, and the pretentious. I also have a knack of further driving them up a wall once I smell blood in the water. Congratulations, you fall in one of those four catagories, and have no sense as to know when you're in over your head in that regard. You've also made the bad mistake of assuming that there is an emotional/psychological issue with me. There isn't. I'll let you in on a little secret, I just don't have much patience for fools, and I have no qualms in speaking my thoughts, feelings, and observations.

Of course, I doubt you will realize that it was YOU who reacted so poorly here, or who didn't have the wisdom to move the fuck onwards, flailing about regarding "My" reprehensible action of being honest. But you know what, the fact that I pissed you off makes me smile. There's just something uplifting about pissing such a patheticly shallow thin skinned cunt like you off.

>>152023
Nah, I just think you're too timid most of the time. There is one guy who's both timid AND stupid, I do I kind of hate him, just on principle. I'm just taking the piss out of >>152022 for being stupid enough to draw my attention towards him at the moment.
>> No. 152027
>>152025

In other words, you're just trolling.
>> No. 152028
>>152027
You know, there's a time and place for being the "White Knight." He isn't so much trolling as (poorly) telling you to cut that shit out. You do NO ONE any favors by playing the white knight, and you do even less by playing him up as the bad guy either. So while he is being coarse with his words, I do have to agree that you are a major issue here, possibly even moreso than he. Please desist.
>> No. 152029
>>152023
>Isn't the restriction only to Mooks? Looking at the spreadsheet, it's noted that Mooks must be Avg+ to use them, but zombies aren't "Mook".

Huh, you may be right. Ok, George if we can, Russet if we can’t. Sounds good? Oh, and we are arguing over the allocation of one damage point here. Haha!

>>And I see no reason why we wouldn't try talking to her to avoid facing the garrison. Besides, what did we really had to gain from attacking Yuugi's territory? The barmaid thing only came up after the conquest...

Sure, I can agree to talk to her. Though, Parsee should perhaps be prioritized before Orin?

>XP hoarding. Might go to waste if we ever turn the fairies into different classes later, but until then every rank up helps.

Hrm, I do agree that we should grind as much XP as possible. But I do think that the possibility of finding Sakura faster is worth more than 1xp to each of the three fairies we will be using.


>Kinda implied that one of the three is ok. Since what we want, at the moment, is just the scouting bit, I thought only one fairy was enough for that. I mean, there has never been a case of a scout being attacked/eaten, I don't think it would be dangerous just because it's dark.

Perhaps, but it would hurt us quite a bit if we lost Honey to some random ninja cave squid. Having Deady as a guard is just insurance that no one will be able to sneak up on her.
>> No. 152030
>>152026
>Nah, I just have a habit of pissing off the easily offended, the ignorant, the arrogant, and the pretentious. I also have a knack of further driving them up a wall once I smell blood in the water. Congratulations, you fall in one of those four catagories, and have no sense as to know when you're in over your head in that regard.

Oh I am sorry, I did not realize that I was facing person with the almighty ability of annoying the easily offended, the ignorant, the arrogant and the pretentious.

>You've also made the bad mistake of assuming that there is an emotional/psychological issue with me. There isn't. I'll let you in on a little secret, I just don't have much patience for fools, and I have no qualms in speaking my thoughts, feelings, and observations.

I have never stated that you have psychological problems, have I? I just think you write useless posts.

>Of course, I doubt you will realize that it was YOU who reacted so poorly here, or who didn't have the wisdom to move the fuck onwards, flailing about regarding "My" reprehensible action of being honest. But you know what, the fact that I pissed you off makes me smile. There's just something uplifting about pissing such a patheticly shallow thin skinned cunt like you off.

Then we are both smiling, friend.
>> No. 152031
>>152030
Yes yes, he hurt your pride. Kindly get the fuck over it and stop acting like a whiney btch already. He may be an asshole, but you're coming across as a whiney dipshit. Kindly knock it the fuck off.
>> No. 152032
>>152031
As you wish
>> No. 152034
>>152029
>Huh, you may be right. Ok, George if we can, Russet if we can’t. Sounds good? Oh, and we are arguing over the allocation of one damage point here. Haha!

Not really arguing, just discussing, or at least I hope so. And as I have stated, I do prefer to turn my stronger units into overkilling powerhouses (well, kinda stated).

>Sure, I can agree to talk to her. Though, Parsee should perhaps be prioritized before Orin?

I'm fine with that.

>Hrm, I do agree that we should grind as much XP as possible. But I do think that the possibility of finding Sakura faster is worth more than 1xp to each of the three fairies we will be using.

Hm, maybe.

>Perhaps, but it would hurt us quite a bit if we lost Honey to some random ninja cave squid. Having Deady as a guard is just insurance that no one will be able to sneak up on her.

Relax, they're fairies. They will be back tomorrow. Besides, Fire Flingers are also capable of "BURNING FROM INSIDE" the squids, so they could escape, as can the zombies rip them open. You may be justified in fearing exploring dark tunnels, but I don't see any danger. At least not yet, anyway.
>> No. 152035
>>Hrm, I do agree that we should grind as much XP as possible. But I do think that the possibility of finding Sakura faster is worth more than 1xp to each of the three fairies we will be using.
>>Hm, maybe.

If you look in the earlier threads, you kind of get the feeling that Kahi wanted us to deal with her, as he had something in mind. Granted, those plans are probably long since derailed, but the point does stand that Kahi wanted to use her in-story/in-game here at some point.

Observations aside, I will consider the effort worth it if it gets us Miko's.
>> No. 152036
>>152035
I consider bringing the spare fairies along as something akin to insurance, but yeah, if Kahi wants Tabby to find her then she'll find her. I don't think it'll be anywhere near as clear cut as it seems some people think it'll be, but as I said in my vote there's only one way to find out.


As for the Negotiator? If you really just want to restrain her without even talking to her first, you could just get some rope, tie her up so thoroughly she resembles a mummy, gag her, then toss her in a closet or out of the way area or something and have someone check now and then to make sure she hasn't gnawed her way free or anything. No need to spend a few hundred silver on fancy custom-made dungeon equipment. Just uh, remember to let her out once the war's over.
>> No. 152038
>>152026
>But you know what, the fact that I pissed you off makes me smile. There's just something uplifting about pissing such a patheticly shallow thin skinned cunt like you off.
troll /tʃɹoʊɫ/ 1. v.t., v.i. That. 2. n. You.

>>152008
>I'm of the opinion that Tabuki can find Sakura alone, regardless of PER/LUK. There is no [PER/LUK] besides the option? Then there won't be a roll. Default/Offered options without [STAT] don't involve any rolling.

That's an interesting assumption. I ... don't agree with it.


Non-battle plans:
[x] Skip the shackles. Let's take care of this today, instead of letting it fester.
- [x] Wild Magic: Obliviate on the Negotiator, then kill her if it works.
- [x] If we can't implant fake memories, try to wipe out the last three weeks or so, not just her time spent down here -- it'll look slightly less suspicious.
- [x] And ask Satori to help us check if it works. We'll give her the lamia for her assistance.
- [x] And, sure, talk with her first. Why not? It won't matter.
[x] Talk with Meira about doing-the-swordy-thing classes.
[x] Send someone who doesn't have Perception 1 / Luck 1 to look for Sakura.
- [x] But give them a sensible search pattern, instead of sending them to flitter about randomly. [Intelligence?]
[x] Heal BARRIER.
[x] If we have time (which we should), head to Pedro's; get directions to Lopez's.

Battle plans:
- I'd prefer to advance further into the Hells in another direction than into V without having read Spider (or into II at all), but eh -- that's really more of an "I think it's suboptimal" rather than an "I think it's catastrophic". Current plans (even possibly minus the lamia; see above) are acceptable.

(That is, assuming that OH/FC-4 is the right way to go to get to Nitori's area. Tabby's been there twice, and by air at that, so she should know the way: consider this a vote for 'attacking the correct route' rather than 'attacking OH/FC-4', and if those really are the same thing and I've missed it somewhere, I'll be more than happy to consider this paragraph a waste of typing.)
>> No. 152039
>>152038
Pretty sure it is. One of the versions of that map has a wrench by the exit in that direction; and the earlier trip there had Okuu turning away from Orin's spot and flying out over the lava to get to the labs, which matches with the previous bit.
>> No. 152040
If we track down Sakura ourselves, we might want to bring a small entourage with us as well. With our charisma, it might just degenerate into a shooting match. Or Sakura, like every other character ever, might need to be knocked around a little to see reason. Or It will give us some more legitimacy. Or it will show her how much more we need her help. Or something else.

Point is, if we look for her, we should bring some back-up/bodyguards
>> No. 152048
>>152038

Obliviate? really guy? how bout we try Wild Magic: Avada Kedavera next? That could work too right?

At least come up with an original name for it.
>> No. 152050
>>152048
>>152038

How about instead of giving names to wild magic and "Wild Magic X", just write "use wild magic to do Y". Because really, the way you're doing is just silly.
>> No. 152051
>>152050
I'm assuming that was the point.
>> No. 152057
I want a slice-of life spin-off thread about the fairies in this story.
>> No. 152060
File 132607316973.jpg - (237.33KB , 436x564 , 657d16572d53af54c3d8eb8a2f399086.jpg ) [iqdb]
152060
The first matters, of course, are maintenance. BARRIER has been taking a battering in these battles, and seems somewhat subdued from the suddenly uncertain cohesiveness of its form.

Tabuki can infuse it with more magic, of course, prolonging its existence, but the process is more draining than she feels like it could be. d100=45, 8100*.45= 3645, 6770-3645 = 3125MP : BARRIER hp = 115/115

The next step is slipped in before reassigning and handing out equipment. It takes only a moment to draw out a wisp of Earth, to weave and layer into the metal of one of the shields. It shimmers similarly to the way the Gauntlets had, before.

PM Large Shield -> PM Large Shield of Subtle Endurance

There's just one quick stop left.

Meira already seems uncomfortable with extended rest, which Tabuki decides means she's probably slightly late with this.

"I'd like to talk to you about... swordsmanship." She begins.

"I'm not sure I follow." Meira replies, bluntly.

"In short, I'd like you to train some of my fairies." Tabuki says, cutting through the fluff. Meira sags back into her bedding.

"I'm afraid that won't be possible." She replies.

"Ah? But you're great with a sword."

"I'm rusty, and significantly out of practice, as well as suffering significant loss of simple muscular ability." Meira counters. "I'm more than capable of battle, but while I'm pleased to know you think well of my ability, I am in no condition for proper instruction."

"I'm not asking you to bring them all up to your level." Tabuki insists. "Or to teach any hidden secrets or anything. Just basic sort of things."

Meira grunts, but doesn't rise from her bedding.

"... They'll need proper swords." She says, after a long minute of thought. "None of that cook-pot garbage that barely holds an edge. Copper is hardly any better. And I'll only be able to focus on a couple at a time. And it will take a few days, that none of us will be able to join on the battlefield. Possibly four."

"That will be fine." Tabuki said, relieved that the swordswoman had agreed.

"Tch. I might as well do something, rather than inspect the ceiling all day." Meira continued, grumpily. "And I make no guarantees that the students will be of any use."

"I'm sure they'll turn out fine." Tabuki said, leaving the room, grumbles of the swordswoman behind her protesting her enforced bed-rest.

There were several other possible matters to attend to, now. Tabuki already had a few fairies out on search for Sakura, and there was also the smithy and toy shop... well, it mostly boiled down to where she would go first, in what order, and the rest.

---

- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 152061
Just a reminder to some of the voters here. It takes a day or more to get weapons made, and for those paying attention to the wordsheet document, we are going to be using the battle plans >>151980 suggested today.
>> No. 152063
[x] "Bronze swords, hm? Then I will see to it. Also, one handed swords? What about shields, will it be useful or only get in the way?
[x] To the smith first. You will get those swords now.

Yojimbo class, huh? Slightly highr hp than a mook, but 1d6+5 (from bronze swords), that 6-11 for conscript rank. At the cheap cost of 30 silver per fairy (sword price)!
>> No. 152064
>>152057
Heh. Well, you're getting about 16 more fairy names, with some abbreviated notes/backhistories for them as well.

#01. Deirdre Waterpitcher: Doesn't know much about who she is, other than her name. Doesn't quite know how she got her name, if you were to ask though.
#02. Dena Birdkiller: Got snatched out of the air by a hungry hawk. Ended up riding it all the way into the ground. Neither of them survived the impact, but it's the thought that counts for this sort of thing. Technically, the hawk is now 'Redfeather Denaslayer', in a mutual counterpoint.
#03. Denny Leafcutter: Used to work for Star Saphire. She would use her enchanted sword to cut down her opponents, and when the wars weren't taking place, hire herself out to cut down troublesome weeds.
#04. Denver Flats: Her name is actually only Denver, but "Flats" is a nickname given to her by the other fairies due her unusual flatness, even for fairies.
#05. Ea Vespera: Thinks she's a robot fueled by ether. Amused the kappas for some time, until she thought she ran out of fuel and fell into the underground.
#06. Hana Valete: She liked jumping on fireworks and riding them up into the sky before they exploded. Many times she misjudged when that would take place though. Accidentally sealed herself in the Underground via setting off a stash of hidden fireworks.
#07. Kohaku: She does Cocaine!
#08. Lilith: Wannabe demonologist.
#09. Maki Deathblossoms: Is very skilled at being able to find the most dangerous of Makai's flora. Her tea making skills are excellent though as a consequence.
#10. Mieszko Tanglefoot: She can speak two languages flawlessly. Those languages? Gibberish and Bullshit. Her grasp of Penguin is almost comprehensible though.
#11. Navi Tresdias: Navi got abandoned by her elven lover in the most dickish manner possible. In his defense though, she often kept repeating herself unnecessarily.
#12. Octavia Veerle: Swears she's of noble birth, and tries to act as a real lady would. Her act would be convincing, if she wasn't so easily distracted and quick to reveal her true tomboyish nature.
#13. Pebbles: Likes to "Bam-bam", as she puts it.
#14. Sayaka Marci: Went on her own crusade against the evils of witches and set out to purge them with fire! That didn't end well after trying to burn her fourth fairy. She was quickly exiled. No one knows where she got the fuel from though.
#15. Telma Kimimela: She wants to start her own harem.
#16. Toni Manju: Was used as a scout for a Youkai criminal gang. Had to go into hiding after it was discovered that she ratted the 'boss' out for Human trafficking, and didn't want to get sealed away by her (former) fellows.
>> No. 152067
>>152063
That's 3 times what a MM does and with more HP. Nice.
Does Focus add any damage or other advantage to the attack?
>> No. 152068
>>152064
>Navi Tresdias: Navi got abandoned by her elven lover in the most dickish manner possible. In his defense though, she often kept repeating herself unnecessarily.

If we could do that, I would gladly abandon her.
>> No. 152069
Is it too far-fetched to believe that Sakura could restore Meira's muscles? Or that a healing unit could simply heal her up in a day?
>> No. 152070
>>152069
Honestly, when it comes to magic, I'd believe anything. Because, in almost every case, magic rapes realism.

For Yojimbo, it's good, but it'll be a while before we can see what it's really worth. My guess is high-class Yojimbo can wield better swords, get Cross-cut/Quick draw/similar abilities, or both.
>> No. 152071
File 13260791084.jpg - (472.76KB , 700x700 , 6f60022346ee6857fae2aca60c7b7ffe.jpg ) [iqdb]
152071
>Pebbles: Likes to "Bam-bam", as she puts it.
Kinky
>Kohaku: she does cocaine!
LIES AND SLANDER.
>> No. 152072
My guess is that they'd be something like the Samurai class in that they're restricted to cloth armor and swords, but they'd trade some of the Samurai's absurd base damage for something resembling staying power and might pick up some of Meira's speed tricks down the line.

Oh, and I think Meira's influence just went up a couple of points. Not 100% sure though.

[x]Head for the toy shop. If you run into any of the fairies that are out searching, flag them down and send an order to the smith for a pair of bronze one-handed swords.

As long as the order is put in at some point today, I assume they'll be ready by tomorrow, so no need to rush over.
>> No. 152073
[x] "Bronze swords, hm? Then I will see to it. Also, one handed swords? What about shields, will it be useful or only get in the way?
-[x] For that matter, do YOU want a shield?
[x] While you're out in the city, get some rope.

Don't really care which one we go to first.

As for who our two yojimbos, I recommend we use Vanda Kiru and Indigo Hamza, switching out Indigo Hamza with Narutaru Hoshimaru. They're pretty much the same, and Indigo wants a sword anyway.

Also I agree with that guy who said we should tie up the negotiator until she resembles a mummy. There have been a couple close calls and it sounded like her guards were getting annoyed.
>> No. 152074
I imagine shields would be disallowed. Someone as speed focused as Meira would have to stay as unencumbered as possible, and I would have to imagine the same would be true for whoever she trains as well. Any HP boosts will likely have to come from better/enchanted clothing and accessories, so getting a look at what Lopez offers would be of interest if you want to boost their durability(and Pierre, once cash flow improves). Hunting down a jeweler would also help, but that'll be on the back burner until Tabby can manage to get better at binding for more uses per day/stronger spirits, or pick up some actual Enchantments.
>> No. 152080
[x] "Bronze swords, hm? Then I will see to it. Also, one handed swords? What about shields, will it be useful or only get in the way?
[x] To the smith first. You will get those swords now.

Since we have two different matters with the Smith to deal with, Tabuki might was well go there first and do bth at the same time.
>> No. 152081
[x] "Bronze swords, hm? Then I will see to it. Also, one handed swords? What about shields, will it be useful or only get in the way?
[x] "Since you have experience in combat, if I were to change your weight, or the sword's, how would that change things in battle?"
[x] To the smith first. You will get those swords now, teo of them.

Something I've wondered. Lighter troops can move faster, which I hope would make melee troops attack in the first turn, but what else could change? I'm asking Meira because I think she should have experience in fighting heavier adversaries with heavier weapons, as well as lighter ones.

Also making sure we buy just two swords. Shit is expensive. Bronze swords are more expensive than trainning four brawlers, if they do cost 30 each. Hmm, Iron and Steel swords would cost how much?
>> No. 152083
Iron swords would be 66 silver each, Steel 107.5. Tabby currently has 148 silver.

And why bother rushing to the smith? As long as the order and payment are made before the end of the day, they should be ready by tomorrow.

If you're still insistent on the chains for whatever reason, they'd have to be scaled to a fairy's size and the smith would just tell you to take your desire for delicate fiddly crap and go to a jeweler. If you can't just scrounge up the materials to tie up the Negotiator, then you can pick up a spool of thick silk thread at the tailor's shop or something; it'd be cheaper, at any rate.


Oh, and on an aside? Tabby's already left Meira's room. While she could just turn around and go back in, it sounds like some people don't realize that from looking at the other votes.
>> No. 152085
>>152083
>>Iron swords would be 66 silver each, Steel 107.5. Tabby currently has 148 silver.

While this is true, there is also the matter to consider that Steel Swords can survive things that the other metals cannot. This came up in previous discourse with Kahi in the wordsheet document and all that. As we're moving further into the Hells and Underground, survivability of the equipment will start to spring up. But yes, I do agree that two Iron Swords would be a better buy for damage output than one Steel Sword at the moment.

Which brings me to another point. When we do get out letter to Marisa, we need to ask for lessons on how to change metals into magical metals. Why? So that we can sells the magical ore for a shitload of cash, and equip our troops with the best shit available.
>> No. 152086
>>152085
Personally, I'm defaulting to Bronze as it'd be nice to have cash left over for Lopez's shop/Sakura's services(or the bookstore, on the very unlikely chance Tabby stumbles into it), but I can understand the desire for more durable materials.
>> No. 152088
>>152083
>Oh, and on an aside? Tabby's already left Meira's room. While she could just turn around and go back in, it sounds like some people don't realize that from looking at the other votes.

Geez, isn't that embarassing? Changing my vote >>152081 to just go the smith.

>And why bother rushing to the smith? As long as the order and payment are made before the end of the day, they should be ready by tomorrow.

Why not? It's the only place we need to go. Obligations first and whatnot. We're not going to buy anything from Pedro, only ask him about Lopez and be gone right after. And can't be sure if we have money enough for both the smith and Lopez, so I'd rather make sure the smith has it's share today, so we can start trinning Yojimbos right now.
>> No. 152089
>>152088
What obligations? And the two swords would only run 60, leaving 88 silver left, easy enough to keep any potential purchases/repairs at Lopez's under that, though leaving a bit more in reserve for Sakura couldn't hurt.
>> No. 152090
>>152089
>What obligation?

Ordering the swords.

And forget about the negotiator. Besides the bronze swords, what we need is something special for Ash, since he uses human-sized weapons, and all prices listed are for fairy-sized itens.
>> No. 152091
>>152090
Ah, thought it was going to be more nonsense involving the negotiator.

Even though I'd rather unlock a new shop, I can understand wanting to get a price list on human-sized gear.
>> No. 152094
>>Ah, thought it was going to be more nonsense involving the negotiator.

Yes, because the Negotiator trying to kill herself in order get back into her home territory and then fuck us over because she does not like us at all counts as nonsense. Obviously any steps taken to minimize or delay the fallout regarding groups who want to smash our faces and are looking for any excuse to do so because of the fact that they can must count as nonsense too. Obviously then ANY vote that tries to make the best of a bad situation is an attempt at malicious trolling, because only a troll wouldn't want to see Tabby get her face smashed in over misunderstandings not fully within her control, am I right?
>> No. 152095
>>152094

It's nonsense because you're insisting on spending who-knows-what on specially crafted fairy-sized chains and manacles when some thin rope or the like would do.

Seriously, just hogtie her and toss her in a closet or something. Just have someone check in on her now and then.

Or try talking to her, but that's another can o' worms entirely.
>> No. 152098
>>152095
That's a nice suggestion. A pity it isn't listed in any of the VOTES as it should be though, meaning it is being ignored and will be ignored as such by Kahi unless you list it in your vote.
>> No. 152099
File 132614850148.jpg - (121.21KB , 573x900 , gow2-skeleton.jpg ) [iqdb]
152099
The swords are required, of course, for Meira's instruction.

Therefore, despite that she could easily send a messenger and payment, the smith's should be the first stop. There are other matters to take care of there as well, after all. Fortunately, being in a greater state of health at the moment, the intense heat is not as exhausting to endure as it was previously.

"What iss it?" The smith snaps, laying her tools to the side.

"Business." You reply instantly. "To begin with, and most simply, an order for two bronze blades. Aside from this, I would bring up the matter of before. In person, rather than through an intermediary, as requested."

"Bah. Barss and chainss." the smith says, and spits into the glowing coal. "Little call for ssuch things. Ssized such, particularly. I have no molds for thesse. Chainss musst be made link by link: it iss a time conssuming venture. More sso in miniature. They would have to be made of ssteel, ssimply for ssuch small links to be ssturdy enough to not be pulled apart. Again, Shackless... I have no equipment. Nor cuffss. A modification to a helmet iss easily done, however. But it iss the only particularly feassible request. I can make chains of ssteel, and a cage of iron. And an enclossing helmet of whichever metal. Perhapss tweaks can be made to gauntletss, to serve as shackless. But would need to be fashioned of ssimilar materialss to chain. Iron, at leasst."

"I see."

"It will take time. And it will be expenssive. But thiss can be done. Or you may find a jeweler with flimssy sstrandss of tin from which to hang baubless, and a pet sstore for the manner of cage which containss ratss and hamssterss."

"How much time, and expense." Tabuki says.

"Chainss: a week. Three hundred ssilvers." The smith says flatly, accepting no argument about the price. "Take most time and trickiest to prepare, and will be made of ssteel or nothing. Cage: three dayss. One hundred eighty ssilverss if iron. More, if ssteel. Shackless and Massk: Two dayss each. One for modificationss and preparationss, one for consstruction. Will cosst price of guantletss or helmet of dessired metalss, plus extra thirty ssilvers each, for my time."

This is all significantly more expensive than Tabuki had expected, and for the time... the whole matter could well have resolved itself inside a week. Perhaps that wasn't likely, but it was still possible. Even if she only made the helmet of pot-metal, the shackles would have to be iron... and that did make sense, come to think of it, as it wouldn't be logical for the fixtures for the chain to be placed on or weaved through to be significantly weaker than the chain itself... it was over six hundred silvers for the whole ensemble.

She didn't have near that sort of funding available.

"Hm, leaving that aside." She said, awkwardly. "I would also like to inquire as to human-sized equipment."

"There is more call for thiss." The smith said, waving a hand. "Ssome moldss are available. Merely need dusst blown off. And size differences mean more metal iss required for weapons, yess..."

"Of course." Tabuki says, seeing the reasoning behind that.

"Moldss cost ten more ssilverss, than if sized for fairy, because little difference asside from sscale. Requiress four timess asss much metal asss if ssized for fairy. In turn, weaponss are thrice ass useful."

Tabuki nods, in thought. Expensive, of course. Very much so. A simple sword of pot-metals would... only cost a trifling more, actually. 18, to a fairies 8. Even advancing up to copper, however, would leave the blade priced at 58 silvers, to a fairy's mere 18. She can hardly bear thinking about steel, or plate-mail of nearly any sort. The thought of durability comes to mind of course, but thankfully although Ash's skeletal frame is scorched to a blackened hue, it is not actually burning wherever it goes, so there should be no particular issue with equipment melting in its hands. And wasting all that money.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 152100
Emerald, Akira, Bell, Chris, Dominique, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Fabrizia, Marshmallow, Elizabeth, Iona, Mallea, Ella, Ruby, Beatrice, Dead2, Newdead, George

vs

ZFx4, aZFx2, vZF, LSx3, Fire wisp x3, MMx4, DMx4

---

Emerald-x
Akira-x
Bell-x
Chris-x
Dominique-x
Russet-x
Vanice-x
Finni-x
Fabrizia- 4 damage to (d3=1) FW1 (FULL 4hp)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to FW1 (FULL 2hp)
Elizabeth- 4 damage to FW1 (FULL KO)
Iona- 4 damage to (d2=1) FW2 (FULL 4hp)
Mallea- 5 damage to FW2 (FULL KO)
Ella- 3 damage to FW3 (FULL 5hp)
Ruby- 3 damage to FW3 (FULL 2hp)
Beatrice- 4 damage to FW3 (FULL KO)
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
George-x

ZF1 : vZF- x
LS1- 4 damage to (d19=1) Emerald (54hp)
LS2- 2 damage to (d19=11) Elizabeth (13hp)
LS3- 2 damage to (d19=11) Elizabeth (11hp)
MM 1 : 4-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d19=5) Dominique (19hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d19=3) Bell (14hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d19=8) Finni (16hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d19=2) Akira (13hp)

Emerald- 18 damage to (d7=3) ZF3 (KO)
Akira- 9 damage to (d6=3) ZF4 (6hp)
Bell- 9 damage to ZF4 (KO)
Chris- 9 damage to (d5=2) ZF2 (6hp)
Dominique- 10 damage to ZF2 (KO)
Russet- 9 damage to (d4=1) ZF1 (6hp)
Vanice- 7 damage to ZF1 (KO)
Finni- 5 damage to (d3=3) vZF (25hp)
Fabrizia- 4 damage to (d3=2) LS2 (FULL 8hp)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to LS2 (FULL 6hp)
Elizabeth- 4 damage to LS2 (2hp)
Iona- 4 damage to LS2 (KO)
Mallea- 5 damage to (d2=1) LS1 (FULL 7hp)
Ella- 2 damage to LS1 (5hp)
Ruby- 4 damage to LS1 (1hp)
Beatrice- 4 damage to LS1 (KO)
Dead2- 14 damage to vZF (11hp)
Newdead- 13 damage to vZF (KO)
George- 8 damage to (d2=2) aZF2 (14hp)

aZF1- 6 damage to (d19=5) Dominique (13hp)
aZF2- 6 damage to (d19=1) Emerald (48hp)
LS3- 3 damage to (d19=3) Bell (11hp)
MM1- 2 damage to (d19=8) Finni (14hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d19=12) Iona (14hp)
MM3- 1 damage to (d19=10) Marshmallow (22hp)
MM4- 2 damage to (d19=13) Mallea (13hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d19=18) Newdead (29hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d19=12) Iona (13hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d19=8) Finni (12hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d19=11) Elizabeth (9hp)

Emerald- 18 damage to aZF2 (KO)
Akira- 8 damage to aZF1 (14hp)
Bell- 10 damage to aZF1 (4hp)
Chris- 9 damage to aZF1 (KO)
Dominique- 10 damage to (d8=8) DM4 (KO)
Russet- 9 damage to (d7=4) MM4 (1hp)
Vanice- 7 damage to MM4 (KO, -6hp)
Finni- 6 damage to (d6=4) DM1 (4hp)
Fabrizia- 4 damage to LS3 (8hp)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to LS3 (6hp)
Elizabeth- 4 damage to LS3 (2hp)
Iona- 4 damage to LS3 (KO)
Mallea- 5 damage to DM1 (KO)
Ella- 3 damage to (d5=1) MM1 (7hp)
Ruby- 3 damage to MM1 (4hp)
Beatrice- 4 damage to MM1 (KO)
Dead2- 13 damage to (d4=4) DM3 (KO, -3hp)
Newdead- 13 damage to (d3=1) MM2 (KO, -3hp)
George- 8 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (2hp)

MM3- 2 damage to (d19=10) Marshmallow (20hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d19=15) Ruby (11hp)

Emerald- 14 damage to DM2 (KO, -12hp, instadead)
Akira- 8 damage to MM3 (2hp)
Bell- 10 damage to MM3 (KO, -8hp)

Dead2- 14 damage to DM3 (-17hp, dead, necrophobe)
Newdead- 13 damage to MM2 (-16hp, dead, necrophobe)

Victory
+1bxp
-MM3: -8/10, d10=9, survives, Battle-Scarred
-MM4- -6/10, d10=9, Survives wounds
--2d4= 3, 4
Conscripted MMA[Battle-Scarred], DMA
Bleak Aura[zombie]: d100=6, Conscripted ZFE
Bleak Aura[spirit]: d100=77
Scouting XVII

---

Henna, Widget, Morte, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko, B.B., Yumi

vs

Spiderx2, CSx3, MMx2, DMx2

Strategy: d10=2, success. Flat +4hp, +1damage.

---

Henna-x
Widget-x
Morte-x
Chiko- 8 damage to (d3=3) CS3 (2hp)
Levina- 8 damage to CS3 (KO)
Yumiko- 8 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (2hp)
BB- 7 damage to CS2 (KO)
Yumi- 6 damage to CS1 (4hp)

Spider-x
Spider-x
CS1-x
MM1-x
MM2-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d8=1) Henna (30hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d8=6) Yumiko (23hp)

Henna- 10 damage to CS1 (KO)
Widget- 5 damage to (d2=1) Sp1 (20hp)
Morte- 13 damage to Sp1 (7hp)
Chiko- 9 damage to Sp1 (KO)
Levina- 8 damage to Sp2 (17hp)
Yumiko- 9 damage to Sp2 (8hp)
BB- 7 damage to Sp2 (1hp)
Yumi- 6 damage to Sp2 (KO)

MM1- 1 damage to (d8=8) Yumi (13hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d8=2) Widget (17hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d8=1) Henna (29hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d8=3) Morte (36hp)

Henna- 9 damage to (d4=4) DM2 (1hp)
Widget- 5 damage to DM2 (KO, -4hp)
Morte- 14 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (KO, -4hp)
Chiko- 8 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (2hp)
Levina- 9 damage to MM1 (KO)
Yumiko- 8 damage to DM1 (2hp)
BB- 7 damage to DM1 (KO)

Victory
+1bxp
-MM2 -4/10, d10= 5, survives wounds
-DM2 -4/10, d10= 4, survives wounds
Conscripted: MMB, DMB
Scouting XXIII

---

Ellette, Frances, Quinn, Janice, Ain, Soph, Ash, BARRIER, Lamia

vs

CSx3, Crawling Ooze, MMx2, DMx3

---

Ellette- 11 damage to Ooze (9hp)
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x
Ain- 5 damage to Ooze (4hp)
Soph- 2 damage to Ooze (2hp)
Ash-x
BARRIER-x
Lamia-x

CS1 : MM2-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d9=2) Frances (17hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d9=6) [strike]Ash[/strike] BARRIER (113hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d9=5) Soph (FULL 11hp)

Ellette- 9 damage to Ooze (KO)
Frances- 7 damage to (d3=3) CS3 (3hp)
Quinn- 7 damage to CS3 (KO)
Janice- 6 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (4hp)
Ain- 4 damage to CS1 (KO)
Soph- 4 damage to CS2 (6hp)
Ash- 9 damage to CS2 (KO)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 3 damage to (d5=3) DM1 (7hp)
-Lamia attempts to ensnare: (7/10, d10=10) Success
-4 damage to DM1 (3hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d9=6) Soph (HALF 11hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d9=4) Janice (14hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d9=4) Janice (13hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d9=3) Quinn (14hp)

Ellette- 9 damage to (d5=3) DM1 (KO)
Frances- 7 damage to (d4=1) MM1 (3hp)
Quinn- 5 damage to MM1 (KO, -2hp)
Janice- 6 damage to (d3=1) MM2 (4hp)
Ain- 6 damage to MM2 (KO)
Soph- 3 damage to (d2=2) DM3 (7hp)
Ash- 13 damage to DM3 (KO, -6hp)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 6 damage to DM2 (4hp)
-Lamia attempts to ensnare: (4/10, d10=8) Success
-4 damage to DM2 (KO)

Victory
+1 bxp
-MM1 -2/10, d10=1, bleeds out.
-DM3 -6/10, d10=1, dies, necrophobe
-- d2=2, d3=2
Conscripted MMC, DMC
Loot -> Squid Meat x3 = 12 silvers
Scouting TII-4, TII-5

>> No. 152101
Hmm... Can either get Ash a 1H Sword now for the +6 and the chance to add on a shield later, or spring for a two-hander for +12 even though we might have to wait a couple of days for him to rank up first.

Thoughts?
>> No. 152102
>>152085
I just did some math based on info from the WordDoc and Thread 8, and I think the cost for Adamantine, if we could buy it per unit of ero, would be around 250 silvers at a minimum. If we can get Mima to teach us how to make Adamantine, a single expenditure of 35 silvers to buy a unit of steel ore would net us a well over 100 silvers profit at a minimum. Of course, the issue then is it could become 'exponential money making shenanigans', so I forsee Kahi limiting us to only being able to do that once a day or so. Even so, that would let us practically deck out our troops in full gear in a couple days time, to say nothing of us being able to repair Meira's sword in eight days or so (8 ore needed at a minimum and all that, assuming Kahi limits it to once per day).
>> No. 152103
We're picking up Battle-scarred fairies by the boatload.

Regarding equipment, we have two human-sized units, One of which will eventually die of attrition.

On the other hand, Meira's sword is crap. +6 damage, with this revelation, is equivalent to a freaking Pot-Metal Sword. It's a pity that we can't really take her heirloom away from her, no matter how rusty, without at least an influence hit.
>> No. 152104
>>152103
I figure once Orin's done with Kristoph and is actually approachable again, she'd probably know of a spell to keep him in good repair. Just need something to trade for it.
>> No. 152105
>>152101
Unless we can somehow heal it later, better just go for the 1H sword I think. No reason to make long-term plans until we know it won't die of attrition
>> No. 152108
[x] You will leave the dungeon stuff for later. For now, a PM 2H Axe+Breastplate, or Sword+Large Shield+Breastplate (if the rank requirement applies to everything, and not just Mook fairies).

Expenses, yay! This will equip Ash with +12 dam +18HP or +9dam +30HP. However, it will also drain our wallet significantly, leaving only 36 or 20 silver left.

Is it worth? Well, the weapons are, definetly. The armor? Just a costy precaution against losing our strongest minion, until we learn how to heal it.
>> No. 152109
>>152108
I would rather equip several units rather than just one strong one myself. How many requests do we have pending anyway?
>> No. 152110
>>152109

Many which will never be useful, and only a few handful which will be used in battle. We're not going to give "lots of armor" to a garrisoned fairy, are we?
>> No. 152113
>>152110
Even if it's not about requests, giving some armor to our fighting units so they can take more can't possibly be a bad idea. At some points, we'll have to fight more than just wildlife and having our units go down fast will be bad.
>> No. 152116
[x]Add a 1H PM Sword(Large) to the list
[x]Head to the Toy Store to get directions to Lopez's

A small upgrade will have to do for the time being, need to save cash for potential uniforms.
>> No. 152117
[x] To the toy shop.
[x] Obtain a length of rope somewhere.
>> No. 152118
>>146514
The Negotiator was already tied up back then, so I imagine that Tabby would just have to give the order and she'd go back to being bound and gagged.
>> No. 152120
>>152118
If so, that'd be convenient, but the way I interpret the first post, the fact that the negotiator is being pushed alongside the working fairies implies she's already tied up. Even if she's not tied up for some reason, numerous movies have taught me that the more room to move a tying-up leaves someone, the easier it is to escape. Thus, this situation clearly demands a large amount of rope, perhaps more than we have on hand. In any case, Tabby herself probably knows whether we need more.

By the way, unless we already have some zombie fairy names, I suggest either Gakuen, Reimof, or Koreka for our new zombie fairy.
>> No. 152122
[x] A PM 2H Sword then.
[x] Ask how exactly weight affects chances of the weapons breaking, or what other effects it might have.
[x] Ask if she repairs fairy sized weapons or if it's better to just make a new one due to their size.
[x] After all that, to the toy shop.

Please, a 2H Sword. It's still just 4 silver more expensive than a Sword, but it's double the damage.

And again with the weight stuff. Meira can give her input as a warrior and how fighting with a lighter weapons is, but the smith knows the weapons better.
>> No. 152123
[x] A PM 2H Sword then.
[x] Ask how exactly weight affects chances of the weapons breaking, or what other effects it might have.
[x] Ask if she repairs fairy sized weapons or if it's better to just make a new one due to their size.
[x] After all that, to the toy shop.

2H Swords are for Average rank and above. Ash is still a conscript, but it doesn't take much to reach Average (5xp, he already has 2 or 3).

I don't mind the questions, specially the repair one. Though I think Tabby can guess what weight difference in weapons means (heavier weapons break lighter weapons, regardless of what material they are made of).
>> No. 152124
Eh, screw it, it's only two days.

>>152116
Change the shop order to: [x]2H Sword(large)


Oh, and better materials can withstand more punishment, so using gravity to try to boost the force of a weapon made of tin isn't going to help much if it's going up against something made of iron. The extra stresses involved may even cause the thing to break.

And why is this even coming up anyways? If Tabby's concentrating on messing around with her troops' weight, then she's probably not casting spells; and if she's managed to hone her control over it to the point where she can make such mass adjustments without having to blow an action on it, then she'll probably have gotten it strong enough that there'll be better uses to put it to.
>> No. 152125
>>152122
>>152123

You two DO realize that you just ordered a fairy sized sword, right?
>> No. 152126
>>152124

My idea is making the troops lighter before combat, so the melee units can reach the opponents faster, like a simulated Quick Draw skill for everyone (Meira's skill, strike on first turn).
>>152125

I'd think it's clear we're talking about a human sized weapon for Ash. But very well, I will ammend my vote to include the "(large)"

>>152122
Changing the first vote to [x] A PM 2H Sword then. (large)
>> No. 152127
File 132622516186.jpg - (98.01KB , 600x741 , NotInStock.jpg ) [iqdb]
152127
"In that case.... a two-handed blade, sized for a human, along with the bronze blades. Nothing special, just pot metal will suffice for now." Tabuki decides. "And if I could ask, how weight or the amount of metal in something affects its durability...?"

"Weaponss should not break with normal usse." The smith says, dismissively. "Bash a ssword into rockss over and over, or sstick it into magma, and what happenss iss only to be expected. Cheap trash will break eassier than quality ssteel. But sstruck with enough power, even ssteel will not endure forever."

"And steel would cleave through copper more easily than iron."

The smith seems to be under the impression that this is blatantly obvious enough that it needn't have been pointed out at all, and Tabuki feels slightly awkward about having brought it up.

"In any case, I believe that the total comes to eighty two silvers." Leaving her current funds at sixty six.

"Yess, yess, off with you then." The smith says, turning her attention completely away and to more important matters. Or at least that's how it seems, as Tabuki gets the strong feeling that she's been dismissed.

No point sticking around, then.

And she could look for the healer, but she still had fairies on that job, and they were competent enough not to screw up asking people if they had seen a person recently, even without constant direct supervision. Probably.

In any case, she can likely check on that all later.

"Ah, welcome. I am afraid that those uniforms you were interested in still have not been re-stocked." Pedro calls some time later, as she enters the toy shop.

"Never mind those, for now. I wished to ask about your friend's establishment."

"Lopez?" Pedro asks, after a moment of thought. "Ah, si, I mentioned this before. Yes, these uniforms are just simple enough.... well. You would not hear me deliberately speaking ill of a friend's talent. But it should be no issue for him to craft more, given a day or two for the stitchery. Not so much more difficult than mending. I am afraid that he will not be open today, however. Personal matters, which he must attend to."

"This is no impediment towards recieving directions to his shop, of course, so that I could visit on another day." Tabuki pointed out.

"Hm? Yes, yes of course senorita. Give me a moment and I shall find a piece of paper about here somewhere. In the meantime, perhaps I might interest you in some of my own wares?"

There's little enough to ask after that she hasn't already seen, it doesn't appear that Pedro's stock of weapons and protective gear are much different than before. Or at all different, for that matter. A glance through the stock of dolls shows some points of interest, though. The fancy ballroom gowns that look terribly nice, but feel like they were woven of itchy thistles at a touch are familiar, as are a few other things.

There's a wizard in the corner, though, posed in battle against some sort of giant lizard, robes and pointy-hat theatrically ludicrous. She doesn't recall having seen it last time.

"Does your inventory change often? I would not assume there were many customers for your wares, here." She muses.

"Oh, more than you would think, senorita. Collectors and dabblers and the like, as well as those youkai who embrace youth more strongly than some." Pedro says, waving a hand. "Things are purchased and sold as time passes, and usually needs a seam stitched closed once more, or the slightest brush of thin paint to restore its color before it might be put out for display. Has something caught your interest?

"Nothing in specific." Tabuki says, shaking her head.

"Well, by all means, I would not prevent you from inspecting my wares more closely for anything which might catch your eye. Or not, should pressing matters demand you elsewhere." Pedro says, finishing his scribbling and folding over the paper.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 152128
[x]Thank Pedro for his time, then head out to find Sakura.
>> No. 152129
>robes and pointy-hat theatrically ludicrous

Would this serve as an uniform? As far as we know, even if it's a toy's dress, the fairies will adapt to it. So, maybe, we could have a wizard fairy with this.

[x] If the wizard's clothes are sized well enough for a fairy to use, ask Pedro if he will sell them to you. What potential changes turning a fairy into a wizard could bring, only time will say.
[x] If he is not, then go look for Sakura too, before retiring for the day.
>> No. 152130
[x] Find out the price of the wizard outfit.
-[x] Buy it if the price is 20 silvers or less.
[x] Obtain rope.
[x] Go back to the library and read a book.
-[x] Quantum Mechanics with Basic Field Theory.

Wikipedia says there are two kinds of field theory this could be. There's also a mathematics and psychology field theory, but the first has to do with sets of numbers and the second isn't really related at all.

Classical field theory covers both Newton's law of gravitation and general relativity's 'bowling ball on a mattress' approach to gravitation.

Quantum field theory does not have a concrete link to gravitation, but a number of theories include gravitons.

Either way, it's a probable gravity level up.

Also, any comments on the zombie fairy names I suggested in >>152120? My favorite of the lot is Koreka.
>> No. 152131
>>152130
Heh, seconding your vote and all that (minor changes included). Also, we might want to get that Spidersilk Robe soon.

[x] Find out the price of the wizard outfit if it's for sale.
-[x] Buy it if the price is 20 silvers or less.
[x] If you have enough rope to tie the Negotiator up, do so once you get back. If not obtain some rope to do so.
-[x] Make sure to obtain some rope if you don't have enough.
[x] Go back to the library and read a book (after dealing with the Negotiator).
-[x] Read "Quantum Mechanics with Basic Field Theory."
>> No. 152132
Tabby might need to pick up more of the lower-end science books before she'd be able to get much out of Quantum Mechanics.

And on that matter, we're already outside and have fairies helping in the search, it'd be kind of a waste to just dump it all to go back right away. Normally I'd be all for hitting the books, but we might as well get this out of the way.
>> No. 152133
>>152132
It's Tabby's Stats here. 1 for Perception, 1 for Luck. If Tabby goes searching for her by herself, we'd need to roll two 1's in order to "find" Sakura. No, it's not worth our personal time here to be doing that. We have minions, and THEY can do the general searching for us.

As for your point regarding the potential issue regarding that book, you can put forth a different vote you know?
>> No. 152134
[x] Find out the price of the wizard outfit if it's for sale.
-[x] Buy it if the price is 20 silvers or less.
-[x] If the price is 10 silvers or less, buy a spider-silk robe.
[x] If you have enough rope to tie the Negotiator up, do so once you get back. If not obtain some rope to do so.
-[x] Make sure to obtain some rope if you don't have enough.
[x] Go back to the library and read a book (after dealing with the Negotiator).
-[x] Read "Quantum Mechanics with Basic Field Theory."

The looking for Sakura is currently being taken care of by our fairies, so we might as well do something else. If they fuck up or don't get any leads, then we can go look, but right now I'd like to get zero-G capability.

Spider-silk robes are the only armor we know of so far that brawlers can equip, so having one might be nice.

As for zombie fairy names, I prefer Gakuen.
>> No. 152135
>>152133
>[ ] Track down Sakura.

Hmm, I don't think so Tim.
>> No. 152136
>>152133
Why vote to read a different book when I'm voting to look for Sakura?

And the Perception/Luck roll is to see if anything happens if you wander around aimlessly in a given area. If you're deliberately looking for someone/something, you'd do stuff like asking around if anyone had seen her, etc. It'd either bypass the check, or swap some/all of it to an Int roll.

If the fairies do manage to find Sakura and Tabby's gone back to read a book, you'd either have to drop the book and lose the 5 silver fee or throw their efforts away to finish it, as she'll have moved to a different location by the next day.
>> No. 152137
>>152135
>>152133
The way, I see it, either looking for Sakura requires stats or it does not. If it requires stats, the fairies we have sent will almost certainly do a better job of looking than us. If it does not rely on stats, then the people we have sent should do exactly as well as we would have.

Either way, we should be clear for the library.
>> No. 152140
>>152137
It has been noted, in many places, that fairies are not what one would call reliable.

I imagine they'd be of assistance if Tabby's out there looking with them, but left on their own you may as well have sent them off to fight.



You know, the funny thing is, I'd normally be all for ignoring Sakura and reading something, and would have voted for it had it come up during the initial day vote before the troops were sent out.

I suppose I'm arguing in favor of consistency right now, and to just get Sakura out of the way already. LET'S FIND SAKURA is getting a bit old, and I'm finding it odd that right when we're finally about to go track her down, everyone's like 'let's go bugger off and read a book instead'.
>> No. 152141
>>152137
>The way, I see it, either looking for Sakura requires stats or it does not.
>[ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
>[ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
>[ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
>[ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
>[ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
>[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
>[ ] Track down Sakura.

It doesn't. Now cut that crap out, not everything requires a roll, and stats do not influence every little thing Tabuki does.
>> No. 152142
Regarding rolls, there's more than just rolling going on here. With 1 Perception, not only do we need a 1 for a roll, but our character, Tabby, is established to "Have Poor Perception." That is, there is a qualitative element to the story as well.
>> No. 152143
>>152141
You evidently feel strongly about this. It wasn't my intention to say whether or not stats were required, merely to offer reasons why we should be fine leaving the fairies to their own devices either way.

Speaking of leaving the fairies to their own devices,
>And she could look for the healer, but she still had fairies on that job, and they were competent enough not to screw up asking people if they had seen a person recently, even without constant direct supervision. Probably.

And we're not voting to 'bugger off', we're voting to multitask.
>> No. 152144
>>152143
The problem is that, if they do find Sakura, Tabby would need to act on the info right then or she'll have moved on and you'd have to go looking for her again. In turn, the books require rather intensive study and would likely require the entire rest of the day to actually get anything out of them. If you drop the book to go see Sakura, you'll have to cough up another 5 silver at a later date to finish the thing; if you stay with the book you might as well have not sent the fairies out at all.

In short: No, you can't have it both ways. Pick one or the other.
>> No. 152146
>>152144
>>In short: No, you can't have it both ways. Pick one or the other.

We have. We sent the fairies out to ask where Sakura was and to tell her (if they found her) that we would like to talk to her at Yuugi's tomorrow (or whatever time is best for her and all that). Ergo, it's already done. You've made a fuss about how we don't need to roll for it, in which case it's fine, and we'll have our meeting with her soon enough. Hence, we can spend the rest of the day getting other shit done.
>> No. 152147
>>152146
>You've made a fuss about how we don't need to roll for it

Wrong person.
>> No. 152148
>>152130
>Classical field theory covers both Newton's law of gravitation and general relativity's 'bowling ball on a mattress' approach to gravitation.
>
>Quantum field theory does not have a concrete link to gravitation, but a number of theories include gravitons.
>
>Either way, it's a probable gravity level up.

Um... no, it really isn't. There are at present no satisfactory theories integrating gravity into QM; just adding gravitons in the obvious way leads to unrenormalizable infinities popping up everywhere, murderously taunting you with their virulently contagious uselessness, and so gravitonic field theories are not generally considered viable (see Wikipedia's "Unified field theory", "quantum gravity", and "graviton" pages) and are not the sort of thing you'd find in an undergraduate textbook.

The real-world book of the same name (Quantum Mechanics with Basic Field Theory, published by Cambridge University Press) does actually cover classical field theory briefly, in the language of quantum mechanics; it also presents a little bit of special relativity (Lorentz transformations) applied to certain QM equations. (This is much less than would have been in the relativity textbook she's already looked at.) It does not cover gravitation at all.

That said, I am delighted to say that I do not think the (real-world) text would be too advanced for Tabby. (Of course, in the real world, half a day with a calculus book doesn't mean you know calculus, but what the hell.) I was prepared to say we would need Chemistry and/or Basic Atomic Theorems first (neither of which appear to have real-world counterparts), but it doesn't seem to rely on any preexisting knowledge of chemistry or more than a cursory knowledge of particle physics.

Furthermore, if we grokked it -- and I think we should -- it would teach us goddamn near everything about electrons and photons and phonons and wavelike fields in general. It'd very probably let us improve our impromptu nuclear-fusion attacks.

But it wouldn't help us pull off gravity hax.
>> No. 152151
>>152148
Thank you for your input. I didn't even know that there was a real world equivalent to the book and was going off the Wikipedia pages for classical field theory and quantum field theory.

This might just be cognitive dissonance talking, but your outline of the book also seems like it could be helpful. Unfortunately, I'm unsure what other books (if any) may help with gravitation. My next guess was High Energy Astrophysics, but Wikipedia says that has to do with stuff that emits high-wavelength EM radiation (It does say black holes are among the objects studied, though).
>> No. 152152
>>152146
My problem with trying to set up meetings in advance is that Mr. Murphy has a rather hefty chance of striking at any given moment, and I half suspect that either Lily might be by for another round o' fun sometime soon, or that one of Sunny's more level-headed generals might be by to request a meeting(or both~).

Bleh, well I suppose what I'm trying to get at here is that, horrible paranoiapotential events aside, there's really nothing to be gained by reading a book *now* instead of, say, tomorrow. Whereas if you get the business with the miko out of the way today, tomorrow's free to do whatever and you won't have to worry about scheduling conflicts should something pop up.
>> No. 152154
You know, if we inevitably wait for a reason to just get rid of the Negotiator before she kills herself, why not just ask for a ransom like they talked about when Deady was around? They're going to be pissed at us anyway once she's back with them.

Yes, I know we want to see if Lily wants her. But if she isn't interested, the Negotiator is just dead weight and Sunny will probably realize, once she learns about the new player (us), that we're the one holding her if no one else she knows has her.
>> No. 152155
[x] Find out the price of the wizard outfit if it's for sale.
-[x] Buy it if the price is 20 silvers or less.
[x] If you have enough rope to tie the Negotiator up, do so once you get back. If not obtain some rope to do so.
-[x] Make sure to obtain some rope if you don't have enough.
[x] Go back to the library and read a book (after dealing with the Negotiator).
-[x] Read "Quantum Mechanics with Basic Field Theory."
>> No. 152156
[x] Find out the price of the wizard outfit if it's for sale.
-[x] Buy it if the price is 20 silvers or less.
[x] Go assist with the search. Better make a good first impression by going to meet her in person rather than having someone request a meeting.

A fairy pops up and request a meeting with someone you don't know at a place you probably avoid. You have no reason to accept. Will you go?

More seriously, I can only see requesting a meeting to meet her turned into HER requesting to see us at a location of her choice and lower influence before we even meet her.
>> No. 152159
[x] Find out the price of the wizard outfit if it's for sale.
-[x] Buy it if the price is 20 silvers or less.
[x] Go assist with the search. Better make a good first impression by going to meet her in person rather than having someone request a meeting.

True, true. Books have cost entire days before, there will hardly be time for one now.
>> No. 152160
>>152156
>HER requesting to see us at a location of her choice
So then we go and meet her there. What's bad about this?
>lower influence before we even meet her.
If this happens at all, it'll be a really small amount that we can easily make up if we need to.
>> No. 152163
[x] Find out the price of the wizard outfit if it's for sale.
-[x] Buy it if the price is 20 silvers or less.
[x] If you have enough rope to tie the Negotiator up, do so once you get back. If not obtain some rope to do so.
-[x] Make sure to obtain some rope if you don't have enough.
[x] Go back to the library and read a book (after dealing with the Negotiator).
-[x] Read "Quantum Mechanics with Basic Field Theory."

I trust our fairies to do their jobs. We can have fairies look instead of us, but we can't order somebody to read a book for us. And if they don't find her, we'll deal with that when the time comes.
>> No. 152164
>>152163
Talking to Sakura will take a time slot.

Reading a book will take a time slot.

The fairies doing their job or not is essentially irrelevant here. You're not saving any time or effort by not talking to her now.
>> No. 152165
>>152164
Because acting as the Charisma 1 we have help, right?

Yes, letting the fairies search is more efficient. Yes, we save time by doing something else. But to make good impressions and have people be nice to us, efficiency must be thrown out. Same as what happened with the blacksmith: screw your messenger, he'll deal with you directly. Even if from your point of view, it was more efficient.
>> No. 152166
>>152165
I think we're having a misunderstanding here, I'm arguing in favor of seeing Sakura now, and not trying to set up a meeting by proxy. I was pointing out that two time slots would be spent either way, so there was no reason to put it off.



I uh, should also point out that in the initial vote of the day, four people wanted to track Sakura down personally(with or without the fairies helping), two wanted to set up the meeting, and one wanted to send a fairy out to look but didn't specify anything beyond that. So assuming that the fairies will try setting up a meeting at all is a bit of a stretch, seeing as that was two votes out of seven.
>> No. 152167
>>152166
Ah. A misunderstanding it was then.

Still, I doubt the fairies will be able to do much. Sakura was able to evade the eyes of many so far, yes? By now, she should know we're looking for her. If so, I doubt any of our fairies will find her. But if we go ourselves, she may decide to show herself then.
>> No. 152185
File 132640898315.jpg - (153.01KB , 1024x768 , 18def70f7fb83bdf54546c90e6e5ead8ae94b079.jpg ) [iqdb]
152185
Tabuki is fairly certain she intended to hunt down Sakura and speak to her personally.

By this point, however, she is tired from wandering around, rather hungry, and has just been distracted by a simple robe with garish caricatures of stars spackled on it, and a pointy hat with sequins tied on.

"I'll give you twenty silvers for those robes." She offers.

Pedro looks somewhat startled by the selection, but rallies after a blink.

"Generally, I wouldn't have that on display in those. The outfit is a spare, from a damaged toy beyond repair, which I had to dispose of. A customer unfortunately damaged its real decorations however... I suppose twenty would be suitable, si. I will have to put something upon it for the time being, however. One moment..." He says, bustling into the back.

When he returns, it's to replace the outfit with a half-hearted bit of cloth tied to resemble a toga, and he folds and secures the outfit.

"Will that be all?" He asks.

"For the moment, yes."

"I will have to adjust it slightly, of course, but it will be delivered promptly."

Tabuki nods and leaves, looking around for a brief moment before turning her path back toward the palace. The fairies set to work should be more than capable of this, leaving her enough time to attend to other matters.

Like books. Books had been terribly useful so far. When they weren't useless, anyway. She had high hopes for this one, though...

It was much like talking to Okuu about her areas of expertise, she found. Only more so, and in a written format. The concept of simple observation of quantum particles being an external stimulus which would significantly affect behavior and recordings is interesting, though it takes a moment to wrap her brain around. The implication being, to paraphrase, that if a tree fell in a forest and nobody was around to hear it, it might not make a sound. Or something along those lines.

In any case, it is an absorbing read, though Tabuki isn't certain she would have entirely comprehended much of it without prior discussion with Okuu, or having learned the basics from another source.

She'd rather expected some sort of insight towards gravitational manipulation. But while there was a moment where connections were made and things clicked, it wasn't in that area. No, it was about the desperate magic she'd worked in her battle with Yuugi. She was sure, now, that she could reliably recreate something like it.

It was still risky, of course, with a chance of disaster. And probably not as powerful, at that. Even so....

"So, how did it go?" You ask, as the assigned fairies gather, with one extra.

"It's not my fault." The extra participant insists... Bloodstone. Now that she thinks of it... yes, Tabuki is suddenly recalling that she didn't give the fairy any orders whatsoever today.

"Explain." She orders, tersely.

"We did track down that Miko, eventually, or at least where she was staying, but..." Vanda said, rubbing the back of her head.

"The roof fell in, I was just sitting there!" Tokkiki claims.

"We heard a crash and rushed inside through the window." Hoshimaru continues, not meeting Tabuki's eyes.

".... We might have knocked a lamp over. Just a little." Vanda said, staring at the ceiling.

"You see, it's their fault." Tokkiki exclaimed triumphantly.

"It's nobody's fault, all right? Just a huge accident." Alexandria interjected. "Anyway... they build with a lot of rock, down here, so the building was fine. But the lamp landed on a sock and it sort of caught fire before we noticed, and by the time we'd stopped hitting each other and arguing about who was and wasn't supposed to be here..."

"It might have spread some. A little. To a bunch of other clothes." Vanda finished.

"I tried to tell you something was burning, but that's hard to do when your throat is being squeezed shut." Tokkiki sulked.

Tabuki feels a strong headache beginning.

"You still didn't explain what you were doing there in the first place." Narutaru says, crossing her arms sternly.

"I told you, I had nothing to do, so I picked a roof and took a nap! I was there all day, long before any of you showed up. It's not my fault they sheeted that section so thin, and it broke when I stood back up."

"Enough." Tabuki interrupted. "In short, you didn't meet her at all."

"Not for lack of trying." Alexandria says carefully. "But once yells started coming from outside the door, about people smelling smoke, and with holes in the ceiling and maybe the window a little bit from us rushing in, and with the fire starting in on the bedroll, and none of us managing to put any of it out, just scatter it a little more..."

"We decided that maybe we shouldn't be found in the middle of all that." Vanda finished. "And so we left really fast. And might have hid out for a while outside of town to be sure nobody was looking for us, before we came back."

"Fantastic. Wonderful news." Tabuki says, headache worsening. "I can presume that she won't still be there in the morning. And that the search will have to begin again, because she doesn't know I want to speak with her."

"That... yes. Probably." Alexandria admits.

".... Ugh. I'll think about what to do about this, and you four, in the morning. I suddenly have a splitting headache."

"But I was just... um..." Tokkiki says, trailing off under Tabuki's glower. "Right... you'll decide stuff in the morning."

"Time to consider things." Tabuki said flatly, dismissing the four almost in the same breath.

---

She'd not come to a firm conclusion about what to do about the whole fiasco when she woke. But even so, there were decisions to be made, and breakfasts to eat.

Scouting Reports

XVII-
ZFx3, aZFx3, LSx4, aLSx2, Fire Wisp x2, MMx6, DMx6

XXIII-
Spiderx4, CSx2, ZFx4, MMx1, DMx3

TII-4-
CSx4, Crawling Oozex2, MMx4, DMx2

TII-5-
CSx2, Crawling Oozex4, MMx3, DMx3

Tentative Reports. Exact numbers not confirmed.

STIV-1
Several squid. A few zombies. MMx2, DMx2.

STIV-2
A few squid. More than a dozen zombies. A few spiders. MMx1, DMx4.

STIV-3
Several zombies. Several spiders. vCSx2. A couple fairies.

Abridged War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Flickering Light
-HD Miko Cosplay
-Silk Robe of Nullification(fire)
-Bronze Sword x2
-PM 2H Sword[large]
-Wizardly Costume
74 silvers


Tabuki has learned: "Blast"

Injury breakdown:
Tabuki- 100/100hp, 4325mp
Meira- 36/120 hp
Ash- 53/60 hp
BARRIER- 113/115 hp
Lamia- 30/30 hp

---

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---> Class: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship [Influence, Rank]
-- [ ] Sword Training: Select up to 2, units must be equipped with a one-handed sword fashioned of Brass/Bronze or superior material. Training lasts four days.
---> Class: Yojimbo- HP 12, Damage 1d6. One-handed sword focus.
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
- [ ] Sub-Tunnels IV area. [dark]
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 152186
More info on Blast please.
>> No. 152187
Blast [Offensive Non-Elemental]

Deals 1d100*(MAG) damage to a single target. 30% chance of total damage being divided equally across every unit on the battlefield. 5% chance of dealing 2d100*(MAG) damage to target and 1d100*(MAG) damage to self.

Directly from the spreadsheet, but I should have posted it here. Also, I think I missed tacking in a 'go see Lopez' option that you should have available. Assume that's there, like it's supposed to be.
>> No. 152188
Dunno what you guys plan for war plans, but STIV-1 could rake in some cash after we spent so much. Where is it anyway?

Apart from that, we still need to push towards Nitori. And either have Meira fight again or start training 2 fairies.
>> No. 152191
>5% chance 1d100*(MAG) damage to self.

By my math we would have a 4.4% chance of instantly losing BARRIER if we cast it and a 3.85% chance of blowing ourselves up even with barrier with every cast. Ouch.
Then again the average damage is ~450, 5.64 times the damage of multi-flame strikes average (79.75), assuming no disaster. Even more worrying is that 30% chance of hitting everything on the battlefield, no distinction between friend ,Tabby, BARRIER or foe. Can BARRIER even block that if it's hit too? Even if it does that will almost ashuradly wipe out any fae allys and hurt us more then it hurts them. It may still be worth it if we can dodge it though(we have a flat 80% dodge chance, if we can roll to dodge at all). Clarifications would be nice.

On another point it may be wise to learn how to adapt wild magic into something useable more reliably. Adapting magic is Marisa's expertise, maybe we can get a few clues while we're there?
>> No. 152192
WAIT WAIT WAIT. Remember how Orin's busy with her soul? Now's our chance to take Catnap Cliffs!

That said, I've got no fucking clue if we can take the occupants anyway without committing the majority of our forces, and I don't know what benefit it will give us. It is a named area, so it'll probably be good.

My recommendation is to take it soon, but not today.
>> No. 152193
[x] Go to Yuugi's bar.
-[x] Buy one bottle of spidersilk wine for bribing Parsee to stay out of a future fight at the bridge.
-[x] Ask about punching bags or similar devices that let people train without opponents.

I, for one, trust Sakura exactly as far as Tabby can throw her at maximum gravity pull. If we'd gotten her location I guess I'd support going, but now that we're back to square one I say screw her.

The punching bag talk is because the paranoid in me worries about having guys with zero experience all over the place.

By the way, Kahi, is all experience lost when converting classes, or just a little bit? Does it differ between combat and non-combat classes?
>> No. 152194
>>152192
Uh, that just means she'd claw Tabby's face off at the interruption. I rather much doubt these fights take place in silence.

And really, the area holds no strategic value at all, there's no point in taking it at the current time. And before someone claims that Orin herself is a strategic resource, taking the area won't suddenly make her shower gifts upon Tabby, and you can interact with her relatively* freely already.


*That is to say, when she's not utterly immersed in her own magical studies.
>> No. 152195
>>152194

There is the posibility of it being/becoming a resource territory. Did we know if Yuugi's place was one when we invaded it? No, but we went ahead anyway, and made much money from it.

>>152193

If you're going to Yuugi's bar, may I suggest also picking "[ ] The four oni."? It's been there for ages...

Also, Parsee likes Mushroom Ale. It's on her bio in thread 5's bonus, I think.
>> No. 152196
[x] Hunt down Sakura.

I'm leaving war plans to others.

>>152193
How about we see her before deciding how much trust can be put into her? We need access to healing.
>> No. 152197
>>152196
We could read Nanomedication. Or find a doctor, of which there are probably plenty in town.
>> No. 152198
>>152197
Satori would have mentionned by now if there was a doctor around. Or at least one that suited our needs. And I would prefer a reliable source of healing before experimenting.
>> No. 152200
>>152195
Yuugi's bar becoming a resource spot was something that came up as a side deal, if Tabby hadn't impressed her she may not have made the offer. Once Rin's not busy you can ask her if she has any use for idle fairies she can boss around and go from there.

As for Parsee, she likes alcohol in general, but prefers the expensive types when she can get her hands on it.
>> No. 152201
[x] Run to meet Okuu before she leaves. Ask her what she thinks of godhood, and if she ever wished to reach it. What

would she do if she had the opportunity of becoming a goddess? Don't let her know that you may have a chance of helping her becoming a god.
[x] Bind an Earth Spirit into Marshmallow's Miko Cosplay.
[x] Hunt down Sakura.
[x] Buy another copper rod when possible.

[x] Battle plans.
-[x] Send "Indead" (Zombie E's new name) to scout the sub-tunnels for better reports. You can use Deadsight if needed.
-[x] Equip Wizardly outifit on Beatrice Pommel. 2H Sword (large) on Ash, if he can use it. Copper rods on all Fire Flingers and Beatrice. Give PM rods to whoever was using the copper rods.
-[x] Indigo wants a sword? How about using it? If she volunteers to train with Meira, have Tokkiki replace her in the Working Fairies group, and have her and Deidre train with Meira. If not, Deidre and Narutaru will train.
-[x] Unstation Deidre, Dena and Denny. Move Ea Vespera to OH/FC 04.
-[x] Invade XVII: Deady, Dead2, Morte, Widget, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Henna, Beatrice, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko, Fabrizia, Elizabeth and Iona. Ranged focus on FW, LS, ZF, in order; Melee focus on ZFs.
-[x] Invade XXIII: Newdead, George, Little Devas (brawlers and Emerald), Blackheart, and Yumi. Focus on zombies, then spiders.
-[x] Invade TII-4: Akira, Bellflower, Mallea, Tokkiki/Narutaru (whoever is not trainning), Dena, Ash and Lamia. BARRIER protects Ash and Lamia. Focus on Oozes, then squids.
-[x] Invade TII-5: Chris, Dominique, Vanda, Alexandria, Ruby Waters, Denny, Ella, Ellete, Honey, Ain, Soph. Focus on Oozes, then squids.

Ok, shouldn't have stupid mistakes now. No strategy roll yet, waiting for Chart Anon to calculate average hp/damage~. Copper rods for the Flingers and for possibly-future-wizard (who happens to have the battle-scarred perk). Since we have another DM with battle-scarred, I'd like to give her a copper rod too.

It's about time we meet Sakura. Arranging a meeting between her and Okuu or Orin will most probably be a great argument for us to have her join our cause. Teaching miko fairies, maybe even joinning the army, or whatever else we may gain from her. But before we start making plans about that, I'd like to hear what Okuu's thoughts on her becoming a god is.
>> No. 152202
>>152201
Whoa whoa, wait a minute. Perhaps we might want the picture from Sakura's POV before meddling in that minefield? That part about asking Okuu can wait.
>> No. 152203
>>152201
This is the guy who suggested three zombie names earlier. I decided they don't really fit with our naming scheme for zombies and now also support Indead.
>> No. 152205
Hmmm...

I'll probably end up changing this later, but for now:

[x]Let the fairies watching the Negotiator know that if she ends up getting too out of hand, they're free to just tie her up and dump her somewhere out of the way, provided she's checked on regularly.
[x]Set a couple of fairies to get training from Meira, I'll leave the exact selection to others.
[x]Hunt down Sakura
[x]Pay Lopez a visit

I trust Sakura about as far as I can throw her, but we may as well get her side of things. Filling out Tabby's set of non-combat uniforms and repairing the Miko outfit would be nice, and there's the off chance he might know a few designs for classes we don't have yet.
>> No. 152206
>>152202

We already know Sakura wants to worship Okuu as the new Yatagarasu. I'd like to ask Okuu first, before going to Sakura. Then we will learn more about the miko, make deals with her, etc. Then, if needed, we talk about Okuu with her.

I'd also like to avoid spending future timeslots on Sakura for this sole subject.
>> No. 152207
>>152206
Well, of course we know that. But we might want to know more details before talking to Okuu about it. She'll get curious and wonder why we ask this. Aside from that, she may not have the time to give a worthwhile answer, considering you intend to catch her before leaving.
>> No. 152208
>>152206
We know that she thinks she serves Yatagarasu and wants to elevate Okuu to his former place.

Satori mentioned that she's likely either brainwashed or insane, so it's entirely possible she's just some girl loaded down with some mental reprogramming and a few tricks to keep her unwitting cover while she unknowingly works towards some shadowy figure's unknown goals(possibly to try and start a holy war of some kind, given that there's only so much faith to go around). Or she's doing it willingly, and had the brain scramble put in to keep Satori from just kicking her out of the Underground outright.
>> No. 152210
>>152208
Moriya Shrine Conspiracy. Enough said.

>>152201
The only problems I can see with this vote is it puts Morte with the Zombies. I'm going to suggest switching out George and Newdead with Morte. Also, do we NEED to use 'Indead' here? Deady did scout originally, so we can use deadsight on Deady here after all.

[x] Bind an Earth Spirit/Element into Morte's Large PM Shield (give it back to her when done).
[x] Hunt down Sakura.
[x] Have one of the Barmaids order another copper rod from the blacksmith (either before or after work, as they've been doing).

[x] Battle plans.
-[x] Equip Wizardly outifit on Beatrice Pommel. 2H Sword (large) on Ash, if he can use it. Copper rods on all Fire Flingers and Beatrice. Give Blackhearts's PM rod to Levina. Tell Chiko and Yumiko that you plan on giving them new weapons very soon, but that the other girls will need them for now.
-[x] Indigo wants a sword? How about using it? If she volunteers to train with Meira, have Tokkiki replace her in the Working Fairies group, and have her and Deidre train with Meira. If not, Deidre and Narutaru will train.
-[x] Unstation Deidre, Dena and Denny. Move Ea Vespera to OH/FC 04.
-[x] Invade XVII: Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Widget, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Henna, Beatrice, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko, Fabrizia, Elizabeth and Iona. Ranged focus on FW, LS, ZF, in order; Melee focus on ZFs.
-[x] Invade XXIII: Morte, Little Devas (brawlers and Emerald), Blackheart, and Yumi. Focus on zombies, then spiders.
-[x] Invade TII-4: Akira, Bellflower, Mallea, Tokkiki/Narutaru (whoever is not trainning), Dena, Indead, Ash, and Lamia. BARRIER protects Ash and Lamia. Focus on Oozes, then Cave Squids.
-[x] Invade TII-5: Chris, Dominique, Vanda, Alexandria, Ruby Waters, Denny, Ella, Ellete, Honey, Ain, Soph. Focus on Oozes, then Cave Squids.
>> No. 152212
Unrelated to above votes...

We used Wild Magic before to rewrite the command word for the Wand of Light. Mima's comments when we spoke to her suggested that it's also possible to use magic to alter the function of a wand. So maybe...

[x] Try using Wild Magic to set a command word for the bright flash effect of our Wand of Flickering Light.

Could prove handy, if we can get that to work.
>> No. 152215
You do realize you're trying to ask Okuu a bunch of fairly complicated questions while she's trying to rush off to work?

The only thing you'd get is her having the mental equivalent of a twelve car pileup.
>> No. 152233
>>152214
>Use of gut buster

It's important to note that everytime a fairy escaped from inside a Squid's belly by themselves, the squid's corpse was too damaged to sell, resulting in us not receiving any money.
>> No. 152234
[x] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [x] Okuu.
-- [x] Ask her about the god Yatagarasu (If she already talked about it when you met then you just 'forgot' some parts of what she explained) and how she bacame who she is now. What she thinks of godhood, and if she ever wished to reach it. What would she do if she had the opportunity of becoming a goddess? Don't let her know that you may have a chance of helping her becoming a god, though.

[x] Bind an earth spirit into the other PM Large Shield, or a Fire Spirit into the PM 2H Sword (large) if you have to go to the old hells to meet Okuu.
[x] After all that, go hunt Sakura down.

[x] Battle plans.
-[x] Have one of the Barmaids order another copper rod from the blacksmith
-[x] Send "Indead" (Zombie E's new name) to scout the sub-tunnels for better reports. You can use Deadsight if needed.
-[x] Equip Wizardly outifit on Beatrice Pommel. 2H Sword (large) on Ash, if he can use it. Copper rods on all Fire Flingers and Beatrice. Give Blackhearts's PM rod to Levina. Tell Chiko and Yumiko that you plan on giving them new weapons very soon, but that the other girls will need them for now.
-[x] Indigo wants a sword? How about using it? If she volunteers to train with Meira, have Tokkiki replace her in the Working Fairies group, and have her and Deidre train with Meira. If not, Deidre and Narutaru will train.
-[x] Unstation Deidre, Dena and Denny. Move Ea Vespera to OH/FC 04.
-[x] Invade XVII: Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Widget, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Henna, Beatrice, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko, Fabrizia, Elizabeth and Iona. Ranged focus on FW, LS, ZF, in order; Melee focus on ZFs.
-[x] Invade XXIII: Morte, Little Devas (brawlers and Emerald), Blackheart, and Yumi. Focus on zombies, then spiders.
-[x] Invade TII-4: Akira, Bellflower, Mallea, Tokkiki/Narutaru (whoever is not trainning), Dena, Indead, Ash, and Lamia. BARRIER protects Ash and Lamia. Focus on Oozes, then Cave Squids.
-[x] Invade TII-5: Chris, Dominique, Vanda, Alexandria, Ruby Waters, Denny, Ella, Ellete, Honey, Ain, Soph. Focus on Oozes, then Cave Squids.

As pointed out, Okuu might not have much time to chat with Tabuki, but I'd like to know if she has any opinions on the matter. I altered it a bit, to try to be more subtle.

Binding ins self-explanatory, and I'm using >>152210's plans with >>152214's own suggestions, except for the Ain part. I fear that a gut buster strike will rip the squids apart and lose us 4 potential silver coins. That copper rod isn't going to suddenly appear in our arsenal, you know.
>> No. 152235
...

I should note that I don't think anything all that bad will come of asking, I'm just saying the lot of you are wasting your time.

Okuu:

-Discounting Physics, is on Emerald's end of the Int scale.

-Seems to really like her job and spends a good chunk of the day focused on it.

-Probably isn't particularly prone to introspection.

And you're trying to ask her, a simple girl rushing off to go to the job she loves and spends a good chunk of the day thinking about, a bunch of deep questions that she probably hasn't given all that much thought to.

And you're asking because of a girl you haven't met yet, who by all accounts is brainwashed and/or crazy and may or may not be able to fulfill what she claims she's down here for(which would, in turn, render the whole line of questioning moot). For all we know she's down here to undermine the Moriya Shrine, the Kappa, and/or technological progress in Gensokyo by turning their main power source against them.


Don't ask until you've had a chance to see Sakura in person, and if you insist on asking anyways you should try flagging Okuu down after she's back from her job and not trying to rush off to the labs. Trying to get her beforehand may well end up with you getting a free and unwanted trip to labs because the last time you went rushing off after her you were looking for a ride and she might assume that's what you're there for this time as well.

Actually, you'll probably just get a blank look followed by a "Huh?"(and maybe a ding upside the head if Satori's in earshot/scanning distance). The possibility is there though.
>> No. 152236
[x] Bind an earth spirit into PM Large Shield.
[x] Hunt Sakura down.

[x] Battle plans.
-[x] Have one of the Barmaids order another copper rod from the blacksmith
-[x] Send "Indead" (Zombie E's new name) to scout the sub-tunnels for better reports. You can use Deadsight if needed.
-[x] Equip Wizardly outifit on Beatrice Pommel. 2H Sword (large) on Ash, if he can use it. Copper rods on all Fire Flingers and Beatrice. Give Blackhearts's PM rod to Levina. Tell Chiko and Yumiko that you plan on giving them new weapons very soon, but that the other girls will need them for now.
-[x] Indigo wants a sword? How about using it? If she volunteers to train with Meira, have Tokkiki replace her in the Working Fairies group, and have her and Deidre train with Meira. If not, Deidre and Narutaru will train.
-[x] Unstation Deidre, Dena and Denny. Move Ea Vespera to OH/FC 04.
-[x] Invade XVII: Deady, Dead2, Newdead, George, Widget, Russet, Vanice, Finni, Henna, Beatrice, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko, Fabrizia, Elizabeth and Iona. Ranged focus on FW, LS, ZF, in order; Melee focus on ZFs.
-[x] Invade XXIII: Morte, Little Devas (brawlers and Emerald), Blackheart, and Yumi. Focus on zombies, then spiders.
-[x] Invade TII-4: Akira, Bellflower, Mallea, Tokkiki/Narutaru (whoever is not trainning), Dena, Indead, Ash, and Lamia. BARRIER protects Ash and Lamia. Focus on Oozes, then Cave Squids.
-[x] Invade TII-5: Chris, Dominique, Vanda, Alexandria, Ruby Waters, Denny, Ella, Ellete, Honey, Ain, Soph. Focus on Oozes, then Cave Squids.

Yeah, let's not bother Okuu and possibly make her want to become a god before meeting the supposed miko and then discover she is a farce.
>> No. 152249
>>152235 has convinced me.

>>152201 Here, I'm giving up on seeing Okuu before meeting Sakura.
>> No. 152251
[x] Have one of the Barmaids order another copper rod from the blacksmith (either before or after work, as they've been doing).
[x] Try to set a command word or trigger for the bright flash effect of our Wand of Flickering Light.
[x] Hunt down Sakura.

[x] Battle plans from >>152210.
-[x] Send "Indead" to scout the sub-tunnels for better reports. You can use Deadsight if needed.

>>152193 here, changing my vote. Indead wasn't doing anything in the battleplans I quoted so I added some stuff on.
>> No. 152254
[x] Have one of the Barmaids order another copper rod from the blacksmith (either before or after work, as they've been doing).
[x] Try to set a command word or trigger for the bright flash effect of our Wand of Flickering Light.
[x] Hunt down Sakura.

[x] Battle plans from >>152210.
-[x] Send "Indead" to scout the sub-tunnels for better reports. You can use Deadsight if needed.

All this looks good.

In regards to Blast, keep in mind that we don't take to the field too often. We're not going to be throwing blasts left and right, we're going to be keeping it for boss fights, and the like (ironically where a critical miss would most likely kill us).

Some meta-gaming. We know that our HP is 100, and our MP is 8100, seemingly corresponding to 1^2*100, for our power, and 9^9*100, from our magic. (An alternative might be 9 Magic*9 Intelligence*100, and something similar for HP). Stands to reason, with normal stats, the reverse could be true: Max Hp of 8100, and Max MP of 100.

We also know that named characters (and unnamed ones/original ones) have stats, albeit with a cap of 10 and probably adding up to above 30. See >>14626

Therefore, it's reasonable to expect that HP has a max stat of 8100 (say, 10000 for Uber-class named characters), and an average of 1600~2500. With the average damage from blast being 450~, that's only 4-6 rounds, barring critical failures, which deal around 2x damage, and regular failures, which deal at most 1/2x damage (the other half being us). It's not unreasonable for us to win a fight without a supergambit, now.

Also, by description, it seems like Blast is harder to dodge than Multiflame Strike.

My theory has one issue. When we first fought Yuugi, we did 2000 damage with the nuke, a 4d100*MAG attack. That supposedly came half-way to defeating her. That indicates a max HP of 4000-5000, indicating HP isn't related to power, which Yuugi should have a 10 in. So this might be a waste of time. Regardless, it seems our best current offensive strategy is blast 'til the cows come home.

Anyway, it's nice to see Kahi dominating the board. At the time I started writing this, 3 of the 10 main boards' first post was by him.
>> No. 152256
Ahh, the beauty of not copy and pasting numbers. That should be >>142656, not >>14626
>> No. 152259
>>152254
MP calculated via INT x MAG x 100 (9x9x100=8100MP). HP is (most likely) calculated as POW x CHA x 100 (1x1x100=100HP). So yeah, the max HP/MP any character can normally get is 8100. Improving Tabby's Power or Charisma stats should therefore raise her HP as well.
>> No. 152261
Hey guys, I'm drawing up plans for a theoretical attack on Parsee's bridge with Parsee staying out of the fight. IF that were the case, would you guys support sending a few strong guys or a bunch of weak guys?
>> No. 152263
>>152261
At this point, Tabby's forces very likely could take Parsee's bridge. The issue is if it comes down to a fight between just Tabby and Parsee though. Also, we have a character profile for Parsee (thread seven or eight, I believe), so when this thread hits autosage (and that won't take long), we should ask for a character rundown on Sakura. Still, that isn't quite what you're asking. Not counting Parsee herself, Parsee's Bridge has 12 Danmaku Mooks, all of which are going to be conscript level. We have enough troops to spare that we could do either (small number of strong troops, or a plethora of weak ones, though it should be noted that the DM would get in hits first, unless we were using DM's or FF's ourselves). That is not an issue for our forces at this time. The problem is that Parsee is not going to play along as Yuugi did. Sure, bribing Parsee with a casket of booze (20 silvers) once a week would (eventually) get Parsee to like us, but if you're trying to play out a confrontation with Parsee in order to grab her territory like what happened with Yuugi, perhaps you would be advised to, ahem, think again?
>> No. 152264
>>152262
No, I'm not trying to replicate what happened with Yuugi.

Her bio says she likes expensive alcohol and dislikes unexpected noise. A bottle of Spidersilk wine and letting her know when the battle is should be a good enough offer for her to stay out of it.
>> No. 152333
>>Her bio says she likes expensive alcohol and dislikes unexpected noise. A bottle of Spidersilk wine and letting her know when the battle is should be a good enough offer for her to stay out of it.

She also likes beating the ever living shit out of things as well. So on the first hand, we have her love of booze. On the second hand, we have her love of violence. One of the third hand, we have Tabby's pathetically dismal Charisma. So you want to know what I see when you add these three things together? Parsee beating the ever living shit of Tabby due to misunderstandings, and then stealing her expensive booze on top of that.
>> No. 152373
Did we forget to give Marshmallow any orders? God damnit, the last time that happened that fairy (accidentally) ended up starting a fucking fire!
>> No. 152374
>>152373
>Marshmallow

She is taking an awful lot to change to miko. Henna too, by the way.

If the bar/house maids hadn't taken so long as well, I would be so pissed at her as to send her face squids alone.
>> No. 152375
File 132676768548.jpg - (310.91KB , 620x1061 , d37e61f06fae50f65f4f9335776f00ab.jpg ) [iqdb]
152375
Re-assigning the equipment and sending a pair of fairies off to training is the first matter, followed by dividing fairies up into assault groups. There's some obvious, though unvoiced, unhappiness from the regular switching around of weaponry, but it's nothing that can't be ignored. There'll be weapons to go around.

After that's been handled, and troops are deployed, Tabuki takes a little while to fiddle around with the wand.

In the end, though, there doesn't seem to be anything to be done. Activating and deactivating the light itself still works the same as it ever had, but the flash...

As far as Tabuki can tell, it's not something that can be triggered at will. At best guess... Hm.

At best guess, it seems like while the light is active the bound elemental fragment builds up energy over time, at varying speeds, and releases it all at once the moment that it has enough to do anything with. It's that release of energy that amplifies the flash...

Well, she could probably brute-force in a trigger to expel that energy at a specified time, but... it's already doing that the second enough power is gathered to have any effect. Releasing that energy ahead of time would have no effect. And trying to force the wand not to release the energy being gathered... risky, as well as difficult. If she could figure out a way to make it work at all, then there would be a sudden and significant danger of the wand simply gathering too much energy un-noticed and exploding.

And there would be no real way of telling when a flash had to be made in order to bleed off dangerous levels of energy, since the build-up was anything but steady and regular. So the choices are either to make the binding already in place completely pointless and useless, or outright risk blowing up and losing the wand.

She would have to seriously think about whether either of those results would be worth the effort.

Even so, that was enough fiddling with the thing. There was a more important matter to attend to. Sakura. Clearly she had been incorrect to assume that nothing could go wrong with other people handling it. Better to deal with things herself.

Hunting down the Miko took time, though. Eventually, however, Tabuki tracked her down in something like a tea-shop. The uniform was somewhat distinctive, and hard to miss. A bottom part composed of a great deal of black, with burning orange highlights, where the top was mostly white, with a few traces of black...

"You don't appear ill... or injured." She appraised after a moment, eying Tabuki speculatively.

"I still need to speak with you, Sakura. Shrine priestess of the Yatagarasu." Tabuki said, shaking her head. "Just to start, regarding healing for another."

"I'm afraid I will have to charge, of course." She says, frowning, then shaking her head. "To begin, the divine powers bestowed upon me are... limited, without the full power of the Yatagarasu bolstering them. Merely exerting them can be troublesome. As to more immediate concerns, there are sadly not so many who will feed and house even displaced priestesses for free."

Sakura pauses, then grimaces again.

"As well as... certain unexpected expenditures that have arisen." She mumbles awkwardly. "I'm afraid that I won't be able to simply heal for free at the moment, unless you've come on behalf of someone in critical condition."

"How decidedly mercenary of you." Tabuki remarks, trying to avoid thinking about how those 'unexpected expenditures' are probably her fault, at least to some degree.

"If I was operating from a shrine, where I could recieve gifts and offerings and live under the Yatagarasu's blessing, then that would be one thing, and I would have no need to charge when offering my services to those in need." She says, shaking her head pragmatically. "... But in current conditions, I'm afraid that's not going to be possible, in most cases."

"Unless someone is in critical condition." Tabuki restates.

"Well, yes. If someone is in risk of death, it would be remiss of me to withhold what aid I might be able to give, simply to demand payment first." Sakura replied, blinking. "You surely don't think I am the sort of person who would quibble over such small things, if a persons life is hanging in the balance?"

"Ah... I guess that's neither here nor there." Tabuki says.

"Well, in any case, if you could state your business, miss?" Sakura asked politely.

---

- [ ] Sakura
-- [ ] Healing: Current price = 2s per 1hp healed.
-- [ ] Yatagarasu [Int]
-- [ ] Utsuho [Influence/Perception]
-- [ ] Shrine
-- [ ] Miko Training [Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in.
>> No. 152377
File 132676884715.jpg - (343.29KB , 1000x1000 , c27095c6ddc119d17d723380f1533568.jpg ) [iqdb]
152377
And at autosage time, so here's another thingy to vote for~

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

And rolling for an extra bonus... d4=4. Okay. Let's see now, that gets...

---

System Note: Miko develop differently whether they are 'Assault' 'Defense' or 'Support' types. That is not the end of it, however. A Miko can enter the service of a deity, offering their faith in exchange for minor aid of varying natures. Of course, should they choose to cease serving a deity as a Miko, these gifts may well be removed from them in turn. There might be other ways of varying the details of shrine maidens...
>> No. 152379
- [x] Sakura
-- [x] Yatagarasu [Int]
-- [x] Shrine
-- [x] Miko Training [Influence]
--- [x] Spreading her faith and convert others is the duty of every miko, isn't it? Teaching others could be beneficial to her too, and it will empower her god.

I want everything, but our influence with her is 50. Trainning fairies might not be so demanding. She wants to spread her faith, doesn't she?
>> No. 152384
We have... 74 silvers currently unless sheet wasn't updated as I post this. Meaning that at most, Meira's current 36 hp could be sent up to 73. Not that I recommend spending all our cash on it, but if we intend for Meira to start training some fairies, there's no need to spend money on healing now.

Second point is: We shouldn't start talking about Okuu now. Especially not with the [influence/Perc] requirements. There'll be no trouble asking about the Yatagarasu itself (and only it) since it involves Int and one can always wonder why she still serves a 'dead' God, which may give insight to her character.

Also, while Tabuki can't directly be blamed for the actions of others, I see an influence drop should Sakura learns that what happened was due to us sending fairies to search for her. Better be nice to her when we can.

Other than that, we should get info on Sakura for bonus me thinks.

>>152379
I think Sakura may want to solve her current problems first before accepting. And she may want to know us more first.

- [x] Sakura
-- [x] Yatagarasu [Int]
-- [x] Shrine

[x] Background Information (Sakura)
>> No. 152387
>>152378
It might be an issue of us having to build up influence BEFORE Sakura will train any of our fairies. Still, there is no harm in asking, at the very least. Also, we could offer a Quid Pro Quo offer here at the least in exchange for services. A "I can hollow out an area of ground under my control that you can turn into a (temporary?) home, and possibly a shrine at a later date, if that is agreeable with you?" type offer.

Alright, my votes.

[X] Sakura
-[X] Yatagarasu [Int]
-[X] Ask her if, in exchange for hollowing out a living area for her to live in (even if temporarily) in one of your territories, she would be willing to provide discounts on various services. Inform her that even if you can (eventually) provide her with a place this way, that you will not be able to provide food for her.
--[X] If she asks why, be honest, and tell her about the Fairy war, and how you're now embroiled in it, and very much want to survive it at the very least. Tell her how you want to make a home for yourself and your girls down here, and how you feel like you're scrambling to catch up to the other factions in order to prevent them from barging in and taking all your stuff, and how being on the good side of someone who can heal you and yours is a nice thing to have onhand.
-[X] Ask about Miko training.

BONUS VOTE
[X] Background Information (Sakura)
>> No. 152388
- [x] Sakura
-- [x] Yatagarasu [Int]
-- [x] Miko Training [Influence]
--- [x] Spreading her faith and convert others is the duty of every miko, isn't it? Teaching others could be beneficial to her too, and it will empower her god
>> No. 152392
>>152387
While I agree with what you're trying to do with your vote, it isn't concise, and the majority of the posters in /th/ are fucktards. You may have the best vote for the situation, but they'll ignore it if there's something smaller around.
>> No. 152394
>>152392
You make a good point.

[x] Derp.
-[x] Derp derp.
-[x] Derp derp derp.
-[x] Derp derp derp derp.
>> No. 152395
>>152387
Just to know, do you have a suitable place in mind for what you propose?
>> No. 152399
Better to peel the bandage off in one swift go than to drag it out. Also: pissing, wind, etc.

[x]Be honest. You're one of the leaders in the big fairy war going on right now, and you'd been meaning to get in touch with her about getting some of your fairies trained as Mikos, but you had no idea where to find her and sent out a couple fairies to get some leads. Unfortunately, they somehow accidentally started a fire and they then made it worse by starting a fight over it. Judging from what Sakura said earlier and the way her eyebrow is twitching you have to assume that it was her stuff that got burned, and for that you are sorry.
[x]Offer restitution. You're their leader, so they're your responsibility. You don't have much in the way of cash, and your regular income isn't too hot, but there may be other ways to cover the gap. Attempting to use Wild Magic to create a shelter somewhere is an option, but you're no architect and it's Wild Magic; so the result wouldn't be particularly spectacular, might be unstable, and there's the possibility that the spell would fail in some catastrophic fashion; you also wouldn't have any idea of where such a thing would be best placed. There's also the issue with the fairies who started the mess and their punishment. You're thinking community service. You'll pay whatever fee she charges for the Miko training(provided she's willing and you can afford it), and once their training is done they are to report to Sakura the moment their war actions are resolved and assist her in her duties for the rest of the day, until she deems their debts paid. Assuming they can heal for a decent amount, they'll reduce her burden and their presence would allow for additional protection, should she have need of such.

(And if you can somehow work [x]Yatagarasu(Int) and [x]Shrine into that mess, that'd be great~)
>> No. 152405
Damn that negotiator must be getting lonely down there in the dungeon. Being alone isn't good for fairies, we should send someone down there to have sex with her.
>> No. 152408
>>152399
Please don't do anything that requires a CHA roll without an influence buffer. If we mess that one up we could very well start a fight and our CHA never fails to fail.
>> No. 152409
- [x] Sakura
-- [x] Yatagarasu [Int]
-- [x] Shrine

[x] Background Information (Luna)

Kahi has already said that what we would get from background on Sakura would be stuff we can find out ourselves. Much better to learn things about one of the opposing generals, and discover something we don't really know - namely her current status of incarceration. If we knew for sure that she was still in there, that opens up a lot of options for us.
>> No. 152410
[x] Background Information (Luna)
>> No. 152412
- [x] Sakura
-- [x] Shrine
-- [x] Yatagarasu [Int]
-- [x] Miko Training [Influence]
--- [x] Spreading her faith and convert others is the duty of every miko, isn't it? Teaching others could be beneficial to her too, and it will empower her god.

This should do it. The Shrine topic is a freebie, and Yatagarasu is almost a successful roll and we may learn more stuff. The third topic won't hurt to ask.

[x] Background information (Mima)

Because I want to know what kind of magic we can learn from Mima.
>> No. 152413
>>152408
Wouldn't necessarily require a CHA roll, but it's a rather moot point given that I honestly don't expect any other votes in line with mine.
>> No. 152415
Silvers: I think I did forget to update this, in fact. Should be 56. Unless I'm misremembering, and the other thing is right, in which case I'm wrong.
>> No. 152416
[x] Sakura
--[x] Shrine
--[x] Yatagarasu [Int]
--[x] Miko Training [Influence]
--[x] Offer Compact.
---[x] House in territory near cities for Meira-type service.

[x] Background Information (Luna)

Hey, we might be able to get a general out of this.
>> No. 152417
>>152416
>>152387

The problem with both is the same thing. While we do have territories where she could live in, we have no property to house her in, and I doubt that making a cave or hole for her is going to help.. So cool, she can live in our territory, but she will still sleep on the streets, without anything more than the clothes she is wearing.

Unless you're planning on building a house for her, your idea is flawed. We can't decide who lives where, as the war's effects/results only has meaning to fairies. And don't even think of taking her to the palace. Satori won't like that one bit.

Now, letting her build a shrine, I think, seems better, as long as she is the one building it.
>> No. 152418
- [x] Sakura
-- [x] Shrine
-- [x] Yatagarasu [Int]
-- [x] Miko Training [Influence]
--- [x] Spreading her faith and convert others is one the duties of a miko, isn't it? Teaching others could be beneficial to her too, and it will empower her god.

The write-in part should be INT roll. I hope. Most people can guess what a miko/priest does. Though I changed it slightly, just to be on the safer side of things.
>> No. 152423
File 132683269262.jpg - (571.09KB , 800x762 , 1e26451cea32f22694da8c8397308058d63fd201.jpg ) [iqdb]
152423
Luna Child

The most intelligent, but least generally competent of the Three Fairies of Light. Literate enough to dabble in reading a few books here and there, she finds it difficult to apply the things she learns to any practical purpose, and so tends to forget those things until she reads them again. Generally prefers fantasy and romance novels, however.

Friendly enough, but enjoys practical jokes as much as any of her compatriots, and tends to follow the lead of others in planning and carrying them out. Unfortunately, she is the least fortunate of the three, and so in the vast majority of cases finds herself taking the brunt of retribution for a given jest. In addition, she is prone to accidents and misunderstandings even outside of the scope of jokery.

To some degree, power is consistent with the moon's presence in the sky. Generally, but not always, this means she is slightly weaker during the day. However, outside of unusual cases, the level of variance is not sufficient to make much of a difference during war games. Venturing places where the moon can never be seen remains uncomfortable, of course. Her special ability is to negate nearby sound. In addition to the benefits this grants towards undetected movements, the effects of its use can be devastating when she takes the field against magic-users whose spells require even minor vocalizations to achieve their desired effect.

Lives with Star Sapphire and Sunny Milk. For the purposes of the game, their house is divided into three separate territories. In a bow to practicality, however, they make no real attempts to force each other to remain in their particular section of the house, and rampant borrowing of toiletries and theft of snacks continues unabated. All meetings with their own factions occur in the appropriate areas, though.

Enjoys liquor and coffee, beans and drink alike. Is often caught red-handed in the acquisition of both. Tries to keep excursions quiet, however, to avoid having tag-alongs and finding herself forced to share one part of the spoils, if not necessarily the other. Generally gives excuses such as gathering rare flowers or cooking herbs, when asked. Remarkably, generally remembers to collect what she initially claims to set out for, a point where most fairy subterfuge tends to fail.

Has recently been taken into custody by the Scarlet Devil Mansion, however will not remain in their keeping for much longer, whether Sunny and Star manage to engineer her escape or not.

Impressed by Cirno's ability, but is neither particularly friendly nor unfriendly with her. Is from time to time both the perpetrator and target of pranks played on and by Kirisame Marisa, and is an occasional customer of the witch's Magic Shop. However, while there is some level of mutual friendliness, they are little more than nodding acquaintances. Tends to have little contact with the other magician of the forest, by contrast. Has some reasonable familiarity with the residents of Mayohiga, though she tends to make herself scarce on those occasions that Yukari Yakumo makes her presence known. Nodding acquaintance of Rumia, and has some slight dislike of Dai and Lily Black, though she can tolerate Lily White more easily.

Faction includes but is not limited to 'Druid' and 'Archer' type fairies, with some focus on ranged combat. Neither get along particularly well with Sunny's Berserkers, owing in no small part to the latter's tendency to pick fights outside of the scope of the war games. In battles where they are allied to some degree, however, they mesh fairly well.
>> No. 152429
>>152409
>>152416
Why in the FUCK did you two inbred mental midget rejects ask about LUNA when we're dealing with FUCKING SAKURA AND DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT HER!?
>> No. 152430
>>152429
Because /th/ is filled with idiots. Kahi, I'm making a vote that we move Doll Quest to /underground/.

[x] Move future DQ threads to /underground/

[x] All of what >>152387 and >>152399 voted for.
>> No. 152432
>>152431
Well, I certainly understand how he feels, considering we learned NOTHING that couldn't be learned with scouts later.

So yes, this was a most retarded choice. This is a great story and we're doing okay I guess, but morons like them seem hell-bent on making things more difficult.
>> No. 152436
>>152429
>Kahi has already said that what we would get from background on Sakura would be stuff we can find out ourselves.

That was literally the first non-vote line in the post you quoted.

>>152430
No anon, you are the idiots. Are you the same guy who tried to vote all the yukkuris out of existence in PQ? Because I'm getting the same vibe from your trying to vote the story to another board.

Anyway, thanks to both of you. I was cheered up massively by your reactions to my vote.
>> No. 152437
>>152436
>>152430 here. I don't pay any real attention to Patchy Quest. Or City Quest. They're well written, but they're not my thing. Also, /th/ is filled with idiots, and this is acknowledged by a good chunk of the board as a whole. Poe's law and all that. But no, please ignore all of these little details while continuing to insult me. It makes me feel all tingly inside.
>> No. 152443
>>152437
You know... the problem with moving is that we might bring them with us as looking at CQ and PQ, there's some elements of /th/-brand derpness in some of the votes.
>> No. 152448
>>152443
... shit. You have a point. A point which makes me mutter "God damnit!"
>> No. 152453
>>152443

Truth be told, a good deal of readers/voters in DQ have come from PQ.
>> No. 152463
>>152453
Unless you are a Legion unto yourself, I doubt the numbers are more than two/three posters. As for myself, I learned of DQ on another forum.
>> No. 152464
>>152463

No, I've been with DQ since the beggining. There were really few voters before. At best three people would vote, and there was a time where only one guy voted.

Now I come and see >>152429 and >>152430. We had no bullshit like this before.
>> No. 152465
>>152464
>>No, I've been with DQ since the beggining.
>>We had no bullshit like this before.

... bwahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Ah... ahgahahaha haha ha.

Oh god, you're hilarious.
>> No. 152472
>>152465
Yeah, Patchy quest was going as well as can be until Yukkuri and enough side stuff to kill a /th/ story started popping up.
>> No. 152548
New thread:
>>152503