[Return]
Archived thread

File 132372918721.jpg - (685.91KB , 850x680 , sample_39447c8e6020531c388de13895023d16c52d430d.jpg ) [iqdb]
150894 No. 150894
"You, and you, and all of you. With Meira, move here, and hold your position. Your target is this area. Do not attack until I've sent word. You, you, you, and the rest of you except you, you're with Emerald. Hold position here, wait to attack here until I've sent the order." Tabuki snaps out, troops a chaotic mess as equipment is handed out and swapped over. "Take a bottle with you to drink while you wait. But again, do not attack until I send the command. You, Bellflower. You're escorting me. Wait here a moment."

Troops pile out, and Tabuki takes a deep breath.

"I'll need you to carry these." She says, waving at the bottles remaining.

"No can do." Bellflower says, rubbing the back of her neck. "I mean... I can carry one, sure, no problem. And I could carry two, except they're gonna be really hard to move around with, alone. But even three, there's no way."

"There's a container they'll fit in, over here, that I doubt anyone would mind us borrowing." Tabuki says. "If weight is the only issue after that, I'll deal with it."

"... If you say so." Bell remarks dubiously, and after a few minutes of heaving bottles into the bag, it's clear that she can't lift it. But a wrench at the container's personal gravity sends her shooting up a bit into the air, startled, before she levels out.

"That's a lot easier!" She says, wide-eyed.

"Yes... let's go. Cirno is waiting, I'm sure, and Yuugi." Tabuki says, already headed out.

They catch up to Yuugi outside of her bar, setting up a sign to alert clientele that she may be out for the first few hours of business. The oni is carrying... well, they can loosely be described as a 'spear' and 'spiked club'. They could equally well be called 'structural support pillars', however.

"I see you've made preparations." Tabuki notes.

"Ah... I always bring these old things out when I'm going to hunt something." Yuugi says, slinging both over her back as she walks, brisk pace forcing Tabuki to move quickly to keep up until she picks up the smaller girl and sets her on a shoulder.

"I could have brought out the old tiger-furs too, I guess." Yuugi says after a moment. "No point going all showy on just an animal, though. Especially since these are probably going to get all slimed up and ruined and have to be replaced anyway. Hard enough just getting blood out of things. Don't know where I'd end up having to look to find a tiger to replace those, these days."

"I suppose so." Tabuki admits.

"Besides... people talk about the sort of girls who deliberately go out to pick a fight with something with too many tentacles, wearing skimpy things like that~" Yuugi continues, with an amused chuckle. "And you wouldn't believe the draft-"

"We're here." Tabuki interrupts.

The tunnel had gone iced over some distance back, and the chamber for the meeting was opening up ahead of them. Cirno was waiting, arms crossed, alongside her troops at the other end. ... it also appeared as though a massive tentacle had burst through the sealing ice in the cracks at some point, only for Cirno to freeze it solid against the floor.

"Took you long enough." She grumps.

"I had to pick up a couple things." Tabuki replies dryly.

"... You brought the barwoman?" Cirno asks, after a moment, making a face like she wasn't sure whether to be amused or irritated. "And one fairy, I haven't seen before."

"I have the others attending to some things right now. I don't intend for this to turn into a battle between us, today." Tabuki says, shaking her head.

"Yeah, you didn't intend to drop us in a hole and pull it in after last time, either." Cirno points out.

"Details." Yuugi interrupts. "Don't mind me kids, I'm just here to slay the monster."

"Really." Cirno says, flatly.

In response, Yuugi punches the air. And the air ripples, blasting forward and knocking Cirno off her feet and into a wall, ice shattering into a cloud of dust. And then she has just a moment to look smug before the fairy shoots back out of the impact crater, slamming an unexpected fist into Yuugi's abdomen, a little below the stomach.

The oni's eyes cross, very slightly.

"... Not bad." She croaks, before re-controlling her voice. "That actually hurt a little."

"I could say the same to you, bar-lady." Cirno replies, with a slight wheeze.

"Maybe you could beat each other's heads in after the squid's been dealt with?" Tabuki asks uncertainly.

"... Well, if you insist." Yuugi says, and takes her weapons out as Tabuki hops to the ground. A blow shatters the tentacle. The tunnels themselves vibrate at the muted roar this triggers in response. A stomp sets the ice-blockage crumbling and falling down a chasm, and the oni draws back, and then heaves the spear down like an enormous harpoon.

Then she has just enough time to grab her club, before a pair of tentacles surge out of the hole and latch around her waist, dragging her down into the abyss.

"... Hey, save some for me!" Cirno demands, oversized blade forming in her hands before she zips down the hole herself.

There's a moment of awkward silence between the rest of the assembled parties. Then a tongue surges up, but only clears the lip of the chasm by a few feet, far from the distance needed to reach any of them, and is slowly dragged right back down. Cirno and Yuugi are out of audible range by this point, but the roars and outcries of the giant squid are still present.

"... So you know, I'd be just as happy not going down there." Bellflower points out. "Happier, even."

"Cirno'd probably prefer we not get in her way right now." a witch suggests as well.

"ASIDE FROM THIS, IF YOU REMAIN, SO MUST WE, TO ENSURE NO TRICKERY IS ATTEMPTED, SUCH AS SEALING OUR LEADER BELOW." The knight continues.

"And if you stay up here, we have to stay up here too, just in case you guys get the bright idea of icing over the crack again and shutting miss Yuugi down there." Bellflower notes reasonably.

... Personally, Tabuki doubts that just ice or stone would be much of an impediment to either of them, at this point, if they really wanted to get back up through that crack. Much less the both of them. And to be honest, she herself would just as soon not go near something that, by all accounts, could swallow her without even noticing.

The squid's screams are a little distracting, but it should give her a few minutes to clear her thoughts and decide what she wanted to say and do, as well.

[ ] Action?

>> No. 150899
When they get back.
[x] Offer congratulations and drinks. You brought enough for everybody.
[x] "What did you want to talk about?"
[x] Ask what she's doing with her cave slugs, ask Yuugi if she'd mind selling to Cirno, and offer to let Cirno's fairies pass through your territory to sell in exchange for help delivering a letter. Do not mention that you'll be getting a magic lesson for this, but if she presses for details tell her anything else.
[x] If she agrees to start selling her cave slugs, ask her if she'd like to have a friendly competition to see who can get more.
[x] If a finder's fee comes up, split it with Cirno.

I don't like this vote. It's a start.
>> No. 150900
[x] Offer a more informal atmosphere to last time, offer to talk in the bar where it's comfier but remain here if Cirno prefers, split a bottle to talk over regardless.
-[x] Offer trade agreements. Trade mushroom ale for copper ore. Start at a bottle for a unit but be prepared to go up a bit, 2 for 1 should be highest acceptable.
If you need to add to her end then use fresh berries as currency.
-[x] Offer open border agreement. Allow us to send troops out this tunnel in exchange for allowing Cirno's troops to use the city's facilities, providing it is clear that neither will lay claim to another territory. Additionally we will disallow the other armies access to this tunnel and send them into a giant spider's nest if they ask. Split the remaining neutral areas in this tunnel section 50-50.
--[x] If proof of loyalty is needed and Yuugi is willing to enforce it, which ever side breaks this deal can list Oni amongst their foe's.

Simple trade and open border agreements. Yuggi, while friendly can also be used as a neutral force due to Oni honesty. Taking the negotiator means we have isolated Sunny at least and by extension will have trouble convincing Star and Luna to ally because of it. The Cirno situation by comparison is recoverable and joining her for now is a safe way to tip the balance in out favor later.

We don't have the CHA for diplo shenanigans so keep it simple and focus on getting a foothold and ally for now, then go for a trade network with outlying/inhabited areas to gain political control.This gives us good standing for territories and helps underground Fae get surface items, win-win.
>> No. 150901
Sigh...

[x] damn it to hell it feels wrong just sitting here and doing nothing... let's see what we can do to help down there.
[x] to the fairies "You all stay up here"
[x] call up the barrier and do this shit.
>> No. 150902
If we sit out here Crino's respect for us is gonna fall dramatically. We should go in but go in carefully. Let's see if we can help any (perhaps see if we can use our magic to empower Crino and Yuugi.
>> No. 150903
Bellflower: Would like a hammer, with which to hammer things.
Rainy: Requests a set of daggers.
Alexandria: Desires Plate mail.
Jones: A good solid cutlass would be nice, but will be happy with anything that can keep an edge.
Elizabeth: Some sort of fancy garment.
Rhapsody: Wants a shiny staff.
Kerrin: Would like a set of leather gloves.
Akira- Likes her sword well enough, but would prefer one with a bit more heft to it.
Winter- Thinks weapons are all well and good, but would really prefer a set of good, stompy boots, if possible.
Bernice- Wants armor. Any kind of armor.
Marshmallow- Would like a shield to keep between herself and chompy things, please.
Valkyrie- Wants a spear or an axe.
Virgo- Wants armor. All the armor.
Mimi- Would like one of those silky robes.
The Brawlers- Are fine as things are, but request a bottle of ale.
>> No. 150904
Aw where's a good Danta Pic when you need one
>> No. 150905
>Cirno damaging Yuugi at all (with physical damage, of all things!)
That's it, I'm out of here.
>> No. 150906
>>150898
Nah, pretty sure it was just you who wanted to try using the Queen as an extortion tool. That said, Kahi took care of the my only major objections to this course of action, so I'm okay with this. Yuugi's way of going after the thing was roughly similar to what I was expecting~

Oh, and Cirno thinks the whole Earth Moving thing is a spell and not wild magic, so she wanted to have Tabby seal the thing in, not knowing she'd probably burn herself out after a couple fissures if she actually tried.

... If that exchange between Yuugi and Cirno is any indication, Brawlers might get a ranged attack once they've leveled up a bit. Well, I can dream, at least.


Anyways.

As for a plan of action... Gonna toss out some suggestions before actually voting.

Adjourning to the bar might might be in everyone's best interests, they're gonna come out of that hole coated in squid guts. Take a couple bottles back to the bar as a starter(or for them to drink on the way over, they're probably working up quite a thirst) and send the rest up with her troops while Cirno goes with Tabby and Yuugi to get cleaned up at the bar. She'll probably be happier once she's no longer coated in squid, and you can get some easy rep points by asking for fight details.

Have Bellflower break off at some point on the way back to give the order to attack, assuming the Queen's death-wail doesn't tip them off. If Cirno asks just tell her you're mopping up what's left of the squid, and you might have an offer for her later. Also might want to mention that she can skip the whole diplomacy word game thing; she hates it and you're terrible at it, so the two of you are probably better off just not bothering.

Insert the usual advise against trying for some kind of treaty here, she's not planning on going after the underground anyways, and it's been mentioned that going for one this early in the war is a sign of weakness.
>> No. 150907
>>150905
If this a troll try harder.
If this is not a troll read Crino's profile in the last update
>> No. 150908
We need to try to help them in the fight somehow if just to keep from look bad to Crino.
>> No. 150910
>[x] If a finder's fee comes up, split it with Cirno.

What the fuck is wrong with you? DO I even have to explain just how wrong and stupid this is?

>Trade mushroom ale for copper ore. Start at a bottle for a unit but be prepared to go up a bit, 2 for 1 should be highest acceptable.

This is nice, but I thinkt he ratio is completely wrong. A bottle is a fairie's size, so logically, it's gonna last a long time to be emptied. However, 1 unit of copper will be used up quickly, as making weapons demands lots of raw material.

Say we make the first trade. Since the ale will last much longer than the copper unit, how long do you think will it take for another trade to happen? Remember that the surface fairies also have their means of acquiring alcohol, so the whole deal might be impossible.

If anything, the ratio should be 3 copper units per 1 bottle of ale. Expensive? Maybe not. THe production of copper units might be proportional to how many fairies one puts in the mine: 5 units per turn, at best, so Cirno could produce these rather fast. Heck, since it's worthless to her, we could start asking for 5, maybe even 7 units per bottle.
>> No. 150911
>>150910

You know what, I'm just gonna ahead and put that into a vote right now. Subject to change, of course, as better ideas come up.

[x] Wait for their return. Cirno has yet to mention what her intentions for this meeting are.
[x] Favorable outcomes of possible negotiations are: acquiring the copper mine in this tunnel area, passage to the surface to deliver Mima's letter (and maybe meeting the other two magicians), trade agreements (with Yuugi's blessing, of course) and pave way for diplomatic friendship.
[x] Talk about passage to the surface first. YOu have personal business up there, unrelated to the war. You need to fulfill a dead woman's wish and deliver something to a precious person to her. No one needs to know why you must do this, though. Well, maybe Yuugi, but not when an enemy is around to listen in.
[x] Offer trade agreements.
-[x] Is she is interessed in Yuugi's ale, you could act as a middleman and deliver the ale to her (7 silver per bottle, lowering to the minimum of 5) or trade mushroom ale for copper ore (start at 1 bottle for 7 units, but lower the term if needed; Minimum is 1:3).
[x] Do not, under any ciscunstance, even think of giving Cirno free money, regardless of who found what first, without reeiving something worthy in return.
>> No. 150915
>>150910
Cirno's three times the size of an average fairy, and I doubt she's adverse to sharing with the troops, individual bottles won't last particularly long. Do remember that Lily and Parsee were able to put away a full cask fairly easily.


Also a general reminder: Cirno has a good Perception score and will see right through Tabby if she goes for any kind of deceit, so no bluffing with an empty hand this time~


Oh, and Tabby not joining the two of them down there won't result in much of a hit, if any. She can't fly, so she'd be a pretty big liability, and they'd understand that.
>> No. 150916
Not only is the Brood Mother made out of delicious XP, but just letting them take care of it gains us nothing at best and will lower their opinion of us at worst.

It'd be best if we just said we needed to go to the surface for something, and left it at that.

[x] Head down and fight. Leave Bellflower on the surface if she really wants to.
-[x] Let the fairies split a bottle while they wait.
-[x] Hang back, and use multiple flame strike on the BM, or on surrounding squids if there are any.
[x] Favorable outcomes of possible negotiations are, in order: acquiring the copper mine in this tunnel area and the territory that leads to it, passage to the surface to deliver a letter, and paving the way for diplomatic friendship.
[x] Do not, under any circumstances, even think of giving Cirno free money, regardless of who found what first, without receiving something in return.
>> No. 150918
>>150916

You forget that such "delicious XP" is only given to Troops. Leader units do not receive ANY xp because they are already fuckton strong with different improvement mechanics.

Also, how is Tabby follow them without flying? By the time she climbs down there, Yuugi will already have finished the fight.

Also, you all are forgeting this:
>"ASIDE FROM THIS, IF YOU REMAIN, SO MUST WE, TO ENSURE NO TRICKERY IS ATTEMPTED, SUCH AS SEALING OUR LEADER BELOW." The knight continues.
>"And if you stay up here, we have to stay up here too, just in case you guys get the bright idea of icing over the crack again and shutting miss Yuugi down there." Bellflower notes reasonably.

So going down is a big NO. It doesn't matter if Yuugi can break whatever is in her way with a punch, it's the sentiment, the malicious intentions that matter, specially in what's supposed to be a peaceful diplomatic meeting.

>will lower their opinion of us at worst.

Hardly. Yuugi knows how fragile Tabyki is, and has shown disapproval for endangering herself before. Remember Parsee and the Wild Magic Heal? She ven said something to the likes of "For someone so smart, you really don't think much, do you?"

Cirno won't give a shit to that. She is already having her share of fun.
>> No. 150919
>>150918
>So going down is a big NO. It doesn't matter if Yuugi can break whatever is in her way with a punch, it's the sentiment, the malicious intentions that matter, specially in what's supposed to be a peaceful diplomatic meeting.

I'm sorry, I must be missing something here. It sounds like you're saying that if we go down, Cirno's troops might seal the crack shut with ice, and that even though Yuugi can easily break through it, it's something we want to avoid because it'll hurt our feelings?

>By the time she climbs down there, Yuugi will already have finished the fight.
I'm sorry, but this is a (rather large) assumption.

>Cirno won't give a shit to that.
As is this. I'll agree that Yuugi might be cool with us not fighting, but I did say at worst.
>> No. 150920
>>150918
Hello. I'm going to assume you're either typing in a hurry, you're new here, or English is not your native language.

First off, if you're new, please read the rules thread, at >>/gensokyo/6052.

In the future, please take the time to proofread your posts a bit more. You're by no means the worst typist I've seen, but you do make mistakes.
>> No. 150921
>>150919
>feelings

Etiquette, do you know it? That would be a diplomatic incident, one in which would be putting Tabuki in inferiority, specially if she simply let them do as they please. And then, there is the humilliation from it. As much as we want to seem unimportant to the other leaders, being regarded as pathetic will hurt potential future meetings a lot.

>I'm sorry, but this is a (rather large) assumption.

I would expect no less from Yuugi. Either if Cirno is strong enough to inflict some amount of pain to her, she is still a motherfucking Deva of the Mountain. An armed one, by the way.

Besides, climbing down will be tough for Tabuki. Not only is she weak, and cannot fly, she is minuscle. While the others can just jump/fly down and get to it, she has to spend time to not fall and die.

Then there is the question of her being useless against the Brood Mother. If she attracts the beast's attention, she is done for, as simple bump with a tentacle may be her doom.

>As is this. I'll agree that Yuugi might be cool with us not fighting, but I did say at worst.

Cirno jumped in as fast as she could after Yuugi. She is not interessed in the least if Tabuki is fighting or not, she just want her fun.
>> No. 150922
>>150920

Oh, so I missed a key or two when typing? I don't want to be an ass, but seriously, screw you.

Off course I do misstakes, everyobdy dose. Misstakes wil always kepe happem no mater what yuo do.
>> No. 150924
If Tabuki had better control over her gravitational powers, then I could see her actually being of use down there; both from being able to get down under her own power and smooshing the thing's organs under it's own amplified weight from cover, something it'd probably just shrug off with her current limits. Something to work on in the next few days, I suppose; she'll want to expand her scientific knowledge for when she reaches the Kappa's labs anyways*.

Right now though, the best she can probably do is have a couple of the bottles out and ready for them when they get back, and let Cirno's troops know you'll probably invite her over to the bar so she can get the squid goop hosed off.


*If she can talk to them as a fellow scientist, she might be able to keep the more irate nerdsKappa from interfering. Being able to keep up in tech conversations with them wouldn't hurt either; Lily wants someone to have Robofairies, after all.


>>150922
I only saw a couple small errors in your previous post, so I have no idea where that came from.
>> No. 150925
>>150921

>And then, there is the humilliation from [being sealed behind a wall of ice].
Because it's so humiliating when a friend you brought along smashes through a wall of ice like it was nothing. Also, Cirno's down there as well, and would be sealed in too.

>I would expect no less from Yuugi.
I'm sure you would. But, see, what you expect, and what's actually going to happen, are two entirely separate things. This is a huge fucking cave squid. It's quite likely it'll take a while to kill.

>she has to spend time to not fall and die.
We have gravity powers, remember? And we also have a fairy to fly us down there as well.

>If she attracts the beast's attention, she is done for, as simple bump with a tentacle may be her doom.
That possibility is why I advocated staying as far away as possible, and focusing on any other squids down there first, to keep them off Cirno and Yuugi.

>[Cirno] is not interessed in the least if Tabuki is fighting or not, she just want her fun.
Again, I'll ask you for concrete proof of that.
>> No. 150926
[x] If feasible
[x] Head down and fight. Leave Bellflower on the surface if she really wants to.
-[x] Let the fairies split a bottle while they wait.
-[x] Hang back, and use multiple flame strike on the BM, or on surrounding squids if there are any.
[X] If not curse your uselessness. Then send Bellflower to give the order to begin operations
>> No. 150927
>>150920
Are you sure you meant >>150918 and not >>150902

Also you do realize there is nothing that says you have spell correctly as well as use proper grammar and punctuation. It simply say that if don't you will be quite rightfully mocked.
>> No. 150928
>[x] If she agrees to start selling her cave slugs, ask her if she'd like to have a friendly competition to see who can get more.
The worst idea I've ever heard.
>[x] If a finder's fee comes up, split it with Cirno.

[x] Go down there, you don't want to miss the fun!
-[x] Act as support: gravity up for the boss, down for Cirno and Yuugi, barriers for everyone, etc.
>> No. 150929
Hey guys, Bellflower's 2XP away from leveling up.

[x] Head down and fight. Bring Bellflower, she could use some more experience in battle.
-[x] If you can, try using your gravity powers to crush the squid under its own weight.
-[x] If not, hang back, and use multiple flame strike on the BM, or on surrounding squids if there are any.
>> No. 150932
[X] Stay as far away as possible while acting as ranged support. Maybe take Bellflower, but only for long enough to gain 2xp, then she should retreat AFAP. Not entirely sure how xp is awarded, though, so if it involves actually doing something then scrap that idea.

Depending on how far away the combat is taking place is from the entrance hole, it might be possible (if unlikely) to not even venture down but still help in some way. In any case, stop (by magic attacks or gravity manipulation) the mooks from distracting Cirno and Yuugi, provide shields, whatever. However, if you start getting threatened, pull back. You're insanely fragile compare to everyone else down there, so don't get overconfident. Maybe use the opportunity to subtly take a better look at Cirno’s abilities. If you do, don’t put yourself in danger or make it obvious you’re doing it.

In any case, you were here primarily for the negotiations. Your aims in approx priority order:
[x] Passage to the surface to deliver Mima's letter. (Ask this around the middle of the negotiations, or just after a particularly good ‘deal’ for Cirno. Make it seem as if you just remembered it in passing. If asked to explain, don't say it is part of a deal for more power, but instead a request of a ghost to deliver a letter to someone she was close to in life), Acquire the copper mine in this tunnel area, Trade agreements (would serve both factions, as upper fairies have access to things underground fairies don’t and vice versa) and aim to establish a more friendly diplomatic relationship.

The question is, what would we be willing to extend to Cirno in exchange for this (Negotiations tend to be two ways, and I’ve been playing too much Civ IV)
-Diplomatic Relationship and Trade Agreement serve both parties pretty equally.
-Mima’s letter should be seen as a minor passing favour by Cirno, but if she demands some kind of recompense then drinks or something. Also, she might insist on a guard to make sure you aren’t using the opportunity to scout out the surface. If so, agree as long as the guard isn’t too numerous, or an obvious kidnapping/assassination attempt. Even if you don’t get a guard, don’t try and abuse the situation by scouting. Get the letter delivered and then back out. Definite Mima lessons and positive Cirno rep are more important than possible Mima lessons, possible surface info and negative Cirno rep.
-Copper mine probably the most difficult. Not sure how this offer will play out, so someone else should think of something, or just leave it and hope for the best?
>> No. 150933
Seriously, those two aren't going to need any help. Tabby would only be a liability, she's simply not suited for direct combat right now. Trying to go down there will only put Tabby at risk for no real gain.

[x]They'll be back up soon enough, so get the bottles out of the bag* and let Cirno's troops know you'll likely be heading to Yuugi's once they're done having their fun so they can wash up.
[x]Offer Yuugi and Cirno a drink when they get back up, suggest going back to the bar to get cleaned up. Ask if they had fun down there, brace for a detailed play-by-play from Cirno.
[x]Have Bellflower break off at some point to give the go-ahead to the attack groups, assuming the Queen's death wails don't give it away. If Cirno notices and asks, just tell her you're mopping up what's left of the squids in the area; but with any luck she'll be engrossed in retelling the battle to notice/care.


*Need to return the bag later, and it wouldn't do to get squid guts all over it.


I should note that Bellflower was one of the ones who had a rather nasty death by asphyxiation inside of a dead squid a few turns ago, so she really doesn't want to go down there.
>> No. 150934
All the while Kahi sits back and laughs at our foolishness
>> No. 150935
[x] Head down and fight. Once you get Bellflower to fly you down, have her go off and replace Fabrizia, who is to come down here.
-[x] If you can, try using your gravity powers to crush the squid under its own weight.
-[x] If not, hang back, and use multiple flame strike on the BM, or on surrounding squids if there are any.
-[x] Once Fabrizia arrives, have her hang back with you and fire at surrounding squids if there are any, BM if not.
>> No. 150937
Reading that last update reguarding Cirno, I'm surprised Kahi didn't just make her a full fledged youkai. She's basicly strong enough to be one.
>> No. 150938
I brought the gravity thing up as a possible option for any future Queens Tabby runs into, once she refines the skill to the point where it doesn't suck. Or sucks enough to create a singularity. Either/or.

It isn't anywhere near strong enough to do much to the squid.

Seriously.

Anything that bloated and on land and still alive, let alone mobile, probably has some kind of innate magical reinforcement to keep it in one piece. Tabby's power would have to overpower that to get anywhere, and who am I kidding half of you probably only read the word "gravity" and shut your brains off and ignored the rest of the post argh this is frustrating.


Anyways. The squid isn't the size of a building, it's the size of several buildings; and if there were any squids other than it larger than a fingerling it'd have eaten them already. It's not even going to notice Tabby's little fiery spitwads.

Yes, there will be a day when Tabby will be able to fight things like this and not be total deadweight. Today is not that day. Let's not another day to foolish, impulsive, and grossly out of character decisions.
>> No. 150939
Alright.

Tabby is a liability with very little mobility (even with her AGI, she is fighting in an enclosed place).

You have two combatants right now who like strength but if Tabby gets involved with this they are going to end up having to stop their fun and /actively protect her/.

Do not disrupt their fun by attempting to play games with this thing just for the hell of it. Take the finders fee and be happy you got it (mention NONE of it to Cirno), prepare the drinks.
>> No. 150941
Haha...wow, that was certainly believable. Maybe next update Marisa will admit her Hakkero is powered by the ghost of 2Pac running on a treadmill.
>> No. 150943
Hmm, it seems Kahis Cirno is quite a bit more powerful than the Cirnos we usually run into in CYOAs on this site.

As for the situation at hand:
We should definitely not try to attack the brood mother. As other posters have pointed out, it’s a long way down and while we can reduce our terminal velocity by a magnitude of four I don’t know if it will be enough to ensure a “soft” landing.

In addition to this we do not really have anything to contribute to the fight. We can hit the BM for a maximum damage of 190/turn, an amount which didn’t even get Parsee to flinch. Sure we could try our hand at wild magic, but why should we risk it if we don’t have to? Besides, with our amount of HP we would probably go down in a few hits. Kristoph, a leader who Yuugi didn’t think was very strong, was capable of killing us in two blows. The BM is likely far more powerful considering Yuugi would like to take care of it herself.

In short, we should not go down because we won’t be able to hurt it, we won’t be able to defend ourselves and we will get in the way of Yuugi and Cirno since they would have to protect us.

Vote:
[x]They'll be back up soon enough, so get the bottles out of the bag* and let Cirno's troops know you'll likely be heading to Yuugi's once they're done having their fun so they can wash up.
[x]Offer Yuugi and Cirno a drink when they get back up, suggest going back to the bar to get cleaned up. Ask if they had fun down there, brace for a detailed play-by-play from Cirno.
[x]Have Bellflower break off at some point to give the go-ahead to the attack groups, assuming the Queen's death wails don't give it away. If Cirno notices and asks, just tell her you're mopping up what's left of the squids in the area; but with any luck she'll be engrossed in retelling the battle to notice/care.
>> No. 150945
>go down and fight

Fucking stupid.

[x] Ask the knight to open a bottle. She's probably the strongest and her ice equipment might cool down the ale.
[x] Send the signal for the troops to begin their assault. The monster squid is probably too busy trying to survive to bother with feeding.
[x] Wait for their return. Cirno has yet to mention what her intentions for this meeting are.
[x] Favorable outcomes of possible negotiations are: acquiring the copper mine in this tunnel area, passage to the surface to deliver Mima's letter (and maybe meeting the other two magicians), trade agreements (with Yuugi's blessing, of course) and pave way for diplomatic friendship.
[x] Talk about passage to the surface first. YOu have personal business up there, unrelated to the war. You need to fulfill a dead woman's wish and deliver something to a precious person to her. No one needs to know why you must do this, though. Well, maybe Yuugi, but not when an enemy is around to listen in.
[x] Offer trade agreements.
-[x] Is she is interessed in Yuugi's ale, you could act as a middleman and deliver the ale to her (7 silver per bottle, lowering to the minimum of 5) or trade mushroom ale for copper ore (start at 1 bottle for 7 units, but lower the term if needed; Minimum is 1:3).
[x] Do not, under any circunstance, even think of giving Cirno free money, regardless of who found what first, without receiving something worthy in return. Nor dare you to go down there and fight too, you're smarter than that and not suicidal enough.

Anything that's not giving Cirno stuff for free (that includes access to the city) and does not have Tabuki heading to her death is fine.

Kahi, I seriously expect you to roll INT if the suicidal write-ins wins. Just because Anon is failing his INT roll, does not mean she has to fail hers.
>> No. 150946
6 votes to go in. 5 votes not go in.

Either way

[x] If we go in Use gravity to our advantage make ourselves and Crino lighter. Make Yuugi's club heavier (so it hits harder) Try to use our magic to shield us while supporting them. See if there are any other ways we can empower the two of them.

[x] If we do not go in tell the Fairies to go warn all the others in in the brood mothers zone that it's about to go Ballistic. Try to use magic to keep this particular opening stay open. Keep your guard up this thing is about to get very violent expect both tremors and flailing tentacles.
>> No. 150947
>>150945 But could it be so stupid that comes full circle and becomes GENIUS. Probably not, but maybe...
>> No. 150950
"What's that Tabby? You didn't end up doing anything about the giant squid? Tell me again, why the fuck should I give you anything?"

[x] Head down and fight. Once you get Bellflower to fly you down, have her go off and replace Fabrizia, who is to come down here.
-[x] Rocks fall, squid monster dies.
-[x] Once Fabrizia arrives, have her hang back with you and fire at surrounding squids if there are any, BM if not.
>> No. 150951
[x] Ask the knight to open a bottle. She's probably the strongest and her ice equipment might cool down the ale.
[x] Wait for their return. Cirno has yet to mention what her intentions for this meeting are.
[x]Offer Yuugi and Cirno a drink when they get back up. Ask if they had fun down there, brace for a detailed play-by-play from Cirno.
[x] Send the signal for the troops to begin their assault. The monster squid is probably too busy trying to survive to bother with feeding.
[x] Favorable outcomes of possible negotiations are: acquiring the copper mine in this tunnel area, passage to the surface to deliver Mima's letter (and maybe meeting the other two magicians), trade agreements (with Yuugi's blessing, of course) and pave way for diplomatic friendship.
[x] Talk about passage to the surface first. YOu have personal business up there, unrelated to the war. You need to fulfill a dead woman's wish and deliver something to a precious person to her. No one needs to know why you must do this, though. Well, maybe Yuugi, but not when an enemy is around to listen in.
[x] Offer trade agreements.
-[x] Is she is interessed in Yuugi's ale, you could act as a middleman and deliver the ale to her (7 silver per bottle, lowering to the minimum of 5) or trade mushroom ale for copper ore (start at 1 bottle for 7 units, but lower the term if needed; Minimum is 1:3).
[x] Do not, under any circunstance, even think of giving Cirno free money, regardless of who found what first, without receiving something worthy in return. Nor dare you to go down there and fight too, you're smarter than that and not suicidal enough.

>Kahi, I seriously expect you to roll INT if the suicidal write-ins wins.

Oh wow, I kinda support this. But as much sense as this makes, it could mean reduced influence from the readers/voters. But then again, that already happens in PQ and things are fine as they are

>That possibility is why I advocated staying as far away as possible, and focusing on any other squids down there first, to keep them off Cirno and Yuugi.

If I may interrupt your discussion, I have to question this. I mean, yeah, staying away maybe could help Tabuki survive, were it not for the fact that the Brood Mother is HUGE. Huge like entiretunnels-huge. It's tentacles reach 5 different territories at the same time, if Tabuki goes down there she will be withing reach of every single tentacle the beast may have, not to mention that it can grasp things close to the hole Yuugi just made.

>>150950
>"What's that Tabby? You didn't end up doing anything about the giant squid? Tell me again, why the fuck should I give you anything?"

Oh yeah, it's not like she brought the person killing the beast, right? After all, even if Yuugi didn't know of it, she would have come regardless and killed it right during the meeting, no?
>> No. 150952
>>150950
And what, exactly, can we do? Collapse the entire set of tunnels down on our heads killing ourselves in the process? I would like to get out of this alive.
>> No. 150954
>>150952
That only happened because we failed our magic roll that one time.
>> No. 150955
>>150952

I don't think I follow. Please explain what you're trying to say.
>> No. 150958
>>150954
It’s not that I’m afraid it will happen, it’s more like it must happen for a rock slide to have any effect. We are talking about a squid the size of: “(…) yeah, we're talking something that would fill up the space in a fair-sized farm, or small village, here." >>150682 To hurt something this big, we need a lot of rock.

I don’t think we should mess with the ceiling though. Remember that the squid has made a multitude of small tunnels for its tentacles to move through. The whole area could be full of these tunnels weakening the structural integrity of the mountain around us. Collapsing a piece of the tunnel could bring the whole deck of cards down on our heads, again.

>>150955
I was referring to: "What's that Tabby? You didn't end up doing anything about the giant squid? Tell me again, why the fuck should I give you anything?". The comment berate us for doing nothing, my question to you is: What can we do? The way I see it: our involvement will only make it harder for Yuugi and Cirno to kill the beast. See >>150943 for why I think so.
>> No. 150959
>>150951
It's already happening to an extent. From where I'm sitting, this update was the result of taking a plan that would have failed catastrophically and running it through the filter of Tabby's Int to get rid of most of the stupid bits. It also confirms that a queen can bring more than one tentacle to bear on an area to help show why attacking while it was still up was stupid.

Oh, and mining that copper out would probably be quite a bit of work; it's not necessarily going to be one unit per fairy per day, and I imagine they'd need the proper tools for the job. Which reminds me; while Cirno could probably get around that with picks made of ice, Tabby would have acquire some for herself should she ever come into possession of a mine. 3:1 sounds like a better starting point, but even if it's 1:1 Tabby's still either making a profit or saving a good chunk of silver on gear.


>>150954
I think they're talking about that one guy who wants to drop the cave on the squid intentionally. Which is, shall we say, also not a particularly bright idea.
>> No. 150961
File 132379114618.png - (84.62KB , 1642x672 , OOB8_Trading.png ) [iqdb]
150961
The spreadsheet contains the efficiency of copper based weapons in the event that we get our hands on cheap copper.
>> No. 150962
Should ask Yuugi if she knows of any foundries in town, getting copper alloyed into brass shouldn't cost too much, and there's the possibility of negotiating a discount.
>> No. 150963
>>150947

But this is not "Do the Right Thing" for that to happen. Besides, when smart people do stupid things, stupid things happens 99% of the time. When stupid people do stupid things, it has a random chance of being pure geniality, from 0,1% to 99,9%. Mind you, only truly genious people can do stupid things turn out as genious 90%+ of the time.

>>150959
> 3:1 sounds like a better starting point, but even if it's 1:1 Tabby's still either making a profit or saving a good chunk of silver on gear.

Yeah, 3:1 is probably the best we will get, but I think I know why the option is for asking 7:1. It's much easier to start high and gradually lower your price, than it is to start low and increase it. Unless you are a jew, that is.
>> No. 150969
[x] Wait for their return. Cirno has yet to mention what her intentions for this meeting are.
[x] Favorable outcomes of possible negotiations are: acquiring the copper mine in this tunnel area, passage to the surface to deliver Mima's letter (and maybe meeting the other two magicians), trade agreements (with Yuugi's blessing, of course) and pave way for diplomatic friendship.
[x] Talk about passage to the surface first. YOu have personal business up there, unrelated to the war. You need to fulfill a dead woman's wish and deliver something to a precious person to her. No one needs to know why you must do this, though. Well, maybe Yuugi, but not when an enemy is around to listen in.
[x] Offer trade agreements.
-[x] Is she is interested in Yuugi's ale, you could act as a middleman and deliver the ale to her (7 silver per bottle, lowering to the minimum of 5) or trade mushroom ale for copper ore (start at 1 bottle for 7 units, but lower the term if needed; Minimum is 1:3).
[x] Do not, under any circumstance, even think of giving Cirno free money, regardless of who found what first, without receiving something worthy in return.

Honestly it's better that Tabby stays out of this as Yuugi and Cirno have things well in hand and she'd be dead weight. Remember Tabby's a frail doll youkai while Yuugi's an Oni Deva and Cirno's a strong fairy, one I'm sure is very used to dying and coming back.
>> No. 150970
>>150963
Starting too high might chase her off though. 3:1 sounds like more of a starting point, with 1~2 being possible end points. Despite what a previous poster was claiming, any booze that goes up with them isn't going to last them all that long, and if they start getting large amounts of it, their consumption rate will also likely rise, so they'll be interested in keeping up a steady supply.
>> No. 150971
[x] Head down and act as support. For example, increase the weight of Yuugi's club as she swings it downward.
[x] Favorable outcomes of possible negotiations are, in order: acquiring the copper mine in this tunnel area and the territory that leads to it, passage to the surface to deliver a letter, and paving the way for diplomatic friendship.
[x] Do not, under any circumstances, even think of giving Cirno free money, regardless of who found what first, without receiving something in return.

Helping in the fight means we can get more out of Cirno.

In any case, just going "By the way, I need to head to the surface, and there's nothing suspicious about this." is going to get picked up on by Cirno. The less we say about it beyond "I also need access to the surface for a bit", the better.
>> No. 150972
Why do people keep assuming Tabby's going to be able to do anything other than be a gigantic liability if she goes down there?

She can't fly, a glancing blow from that thing would snap her in half, she has no damage, and people are seriously overestimating her gravity powers.
>> No. 150974
>>150972
This is true, though it doesn't mean we can't do absolutely anything. Maybe just place a few shields from as far away from combat as we can (heck, stay out of the hole if possible), and then retreat. Or even pull some of the lesser squids away from distracting Yuugi and Cirno, and lure them to the surface to be ambushed by the allied forces up there (including 2xp whatsherface)

We should, under no circumstances, engage foes directly. If we can't support while being out of danger, we don't support. We're too fragile, and lack the whole 'respawn' thing.

[X] If it's possible to safely support, do so. If not, don't go.

And I'll jump on the diplomatic aim bandwagon.
[X] Mine+Territory, Letter (though agree with the anon who said mention it subtly), Trade, Diplomatic Relations etc etc
>> No. 150975
>>150971
>Helping in the fight means we can get more out of Cirno.

Have you considered the possibility of Tabuki only getting in the way? IIRC, when asked about why Cirno's influence (40, I think), once of the reasons it went down was not letting Cirno act first, instead making her wait for Tabuki execute a bad plan (which failed).

Getting in the two's way won't help us to get more things from Cirno. She will more likely demans more. Let's play safe and not fuck ourselves again, please?
>> No. 150980
>>150974
Tabby doesn't have a shield spell, BARRIER is a manifestation of wild magic. Note that it was created on a roll of a 1(the best possible roll) and has 115 HP. To Yuugi, and a slightly lesser extent Cirno(who has her own defensive options to compensate), this is nothing. While BARRIER is nice for Tabby's horribly frail frame, those two can shrug off hits that would break it and snap Tabby in half in one go.

And on a similar note: Any lesser squids down there, if there are any that managed to not get eaten, probably aren't going to deal more than single digit damage. This is on top of both Cirno and Yuugi having area-effect attacks at their disposal, so if there is any chaff down there it'll be long gone by now.

Tabby, if she did manage to get down there, could be equated to one of those Escort Quest NPCs that have a suicidal AI and cause a game over if they die. Just spare them the headache.

Letting Cirno show off and hog the glory will generate a lot more positive rep than going down there and forcing them to protect some deadweight.
>> No. 150981
Nine votes to try to help.
Seven votes to wait it out.

At least most votes for helping seem to be helping form as far away as possible (like maybe the cave entrance.)
>> No. 150982
When the boss' reach is measured in how many territories it can stretch, staying at the opening won't matter. If Tabby's close enough to do something to it, then she's too bloody close.
>> No. 150983
>>150982
Um you do realize we are already well within it's reach. Being at the cave entrance would at least give us a few seconds to act if we see something coming our way.
>> No. 150984
>>150981

So... we're clearly counting differently, because after nudging the 'do x unless it's a bad idea, then do y instead' votes into a little pile of their own, I'm counting seven 'get involved with the fight' votes to eight 'let's not'.

Considering that I'm going to say the either/or decisions are going to default to 'yeah, let's not jump in the hole with the horrible tentacle creature for a floor', things are leaning strongly toward discretion being the better part of valor.
>> No. 150985
>>150983
It tried to reach out after Yuugi and Cirno jumped in after it. They dragged it back in again. It's probably not going to get to try that again. It should also be noted that the rest of the fissures in the area are iced over and it's not going to get the chance to try to punch through them. Just stay away from the open hole and it can't touch you.

Which can, of course, be construed as yet another argument to just stay topside and away from that bloody hole.
>> No. 150986
>>150984
I wasn't counting those separately but thank god you are.

I wish we could help those two but we aren't strong enough yet. We really need to work on that.
>> No. 150988
[x] Anything that doesn't involve going any closer to that squid then you have to.
>> No. 150992
File 132382193754.jpg - (235.35KB , 850x979 , sample_442278954de0fb0f01efb8993df12f2e0d0f5d00.jpg ) [iqdb]
150992
"I feel like I should help..." Tabuki points out, hesitantly.

"You want to die? There's a lot of ways that are easier and faster. I know this." Bellflower grumbled.

"I'm sure it's not that bad." Tabuki insists, stepping up to the lip of the chasm to peer down and-oh shit, tentacle.

She stumbles back a pace, and it's clear that she's not going to get clear of its reach in time, but then it snaps back down as her fairy cohort yanks her bodily away from the chasm, its snatch still coming close enough to getting hold of her that she can almost feel the caustic touch of its rubbery grip.

"Seriously, I could just cut your throat with a pointy rock. Right now. In comparison to that, you wouldn't even feel a thing." Bellflower says grimly, as Tabuki takes a moment to catch her breath and stop her heart from hammering in her chest.

... Cirno shoots backwards out of the hole like a foul-tempered missile, spine slamming heavily into the roof of the cavern. The things she has to say about that are loud, violent, and could make sailors uncomfortable, Tabuki presumes, as she floats down a little and then gathers frosty energy into her hand.

"... See how you like Trishula!" Cirno barks, before letting fly and gathering more for another round. "And another! And another!"

Third assault let loose, Cirno takes a moment to pant in mid-air before creating a duplicate of her oversized blade from before and surging back down the hole.

"... Maybe smother you in your sleep." Bellflower continues. "Wouldn't even realize you were dead until you were having tea with the Yama."

"That won't be necessary." Tabuki says flatly, lurching to her feet. "I'm not suicidal."

"Could have fooled me." The fairy says flatly.

Tabuki considers this, and in perfect honesty decides that her current repertoire of spells are simply not sufficient to the task at hand. There was the possibility of Wild Magic, of course... but that was something of a gamble, no matter to what use she put it. And at the moment, she didn't really feel particularly lucky.

"Perhaps it would be better to simply prepare the refreshments." She admits.

"Hey, now you're talking sense." Bell agrees, as a normally-sized squid tries to scrabble over the lip of the chasm, only to be sent tumbling back down to the slaughter below with a disdainful witch's blast of flame.

It's more than a few minutes before everything goes silent, below. More than several, in fact. But eventually, Yuugi and Cirno float back up and out of the pit. It's almost impossible to make out features below all the spattered gore and slime.

"Took a bit more killing than I expected." The oni admits, setting her weapons down and wiping the mess back off into the pit as best as she can. "Bigger, too."

"It was the size of a mountain!" Cirno says, grinning widely.

"... Maybe a really small one. Kind of difficult to judge while you're smashing something into paste." Yuugi says.

"Indeed. And if I may ask what your intentions were by calling this meeting?" Tabuki asks, focused completely on Cirno.

"Mostly? Wanted you to close up these cracks. Filling them's all well and good, but ice is easier to get through than solid rock." Cirno admits, wringing what ichor she can out of her dress. "Don't really have anything else to bring up at the moment."

"Fortunate, then, that I have some matters I wish to discuss." Tabuki says, and Cirno scowls. Her mood seems to lighten a touch when she continues with "Perhaps we should speak at the bar? I already have drinks here, but it would provide opportunity to clean yourself."

"Can just jump in the lake later, scrub this off with sand. But I guess that's a point." Cirno admits. "Leave a couple of those here, I'll carry them back later."

Tabuki nods, as Cirno picks up a bottle in either hand, and confidently starts off down the wrong tunnel. Direction-sense is sorted out reasonably quickly, however, and Bell is nudged off to go and deliver a message as the trio head back. Tabuki doesn't ride along, this time, wary of her own clothing's condition.

"So, what do you want?" Cirno says, some time later, swallowing a mouthful of ale as Yuugi takes control of the counter. "Probably won't give it to you, but it's good to know so I can hold it over your head."

"Blunt." Tabuki responds dryly.

"Hah! Because things turned out so great last time, when I tried the normal word dancing." Cirno points out.

"... Indeed. In any case, I would like to begin with a discussion of territories." Tabuki says.

"No." Cirno says flatly. "I don't know which one you want, but you aren't getting it."

.... Tabuki had expected as much.

"If, theoretically, territories were to be exchanged at-"

"Still no." Cirno interrupts. "No giving them up, no trading. One territory isn't worth another, depending on who's living there."

"... I see. Unfortunate." Tabuki continues. "However, I suppose I didn't expect things to go so well."

"Of course not. Nobody's going to be happy giving up territories to a newbie." Cirno snorts. "If that's all, I can head back right away."

"Perhaps not just yet. If I can't claim the territory outright, perhaps you would be more agreeable to a trade agreement." Tabuki muses aloud.

"I just said no way-"

"Not the territories outright." Tabuki interrupts. Cirno looks a bit cross at being cut off, but she continues. "What is produced there. One of your territories produces an ore I would like to have. Extracting it through my own means would be preferable, but if you would collect it instead, I would be willing to trade... say, a bottle of ale for a certain amount of the ore?"

Cirno frowns, brow creasing.

"... I would offer about-"

"Hold it. Before you rush into numbers." Cirno says, slight suspicion entering her eyes. "You want this stuff. What do you want it for, is what I want to know. Before anything else."

Tabuki pauses, uncertain how to answer that. Or rather, what answer to give. Cirno probably wouldn't appreciate the thought of her army working hard to arm an enemy. On the other hand, Yuugi is still within listening distance, and is probably paying at least a little attention to the conversation. And she wouldn't appreciate lies regarding Tabuki's intentions, even if they weren't focused at and had nothing to do with her.

[ ] What do you do?
>> No. 150995
Just for future reference, our influence with Yuugi and Cirno are 82 and 43, respectively.
>> No. 150996
Yeah, glad we didn't head down.

In any case, now we have problems. I'm assuming it's obvious what we want it FOR, but with Cirno asking I'm not sure if she wants to see if we're honest or if she actually hasn’t worked out. I'm leaning towards telling the truth, both because Yuugi might break in if we lie and also the probability that Cirno already knows and is seeing just how we handle this situation. I’d say admit it’s to make equipment, but point out that we’d be reliant on her supply, which she could cut off at any time if we declared war or whatever. Of course, this wouldn’t help with the weapons we’d already have made, but what with Cirno’s cold manipulation, people wearing metal armour would be…in trouble. Metal is not what you want to combat temperature-manipulators.
(Also, possible mention that the underground probably has better smiths than the upper world, and they are in our territory. Offer to pass on orders she has?)

Remember to mention Mima’s letter in some point, hopefully after we actually make a good deal and get more on Cirno’s good side. Phrase it not-quite-misleadingly, also.
>> No. 150999
Being honest is best in this case. We don't want to irk the oni and it's not too difficult to figure out what someone in Tabuki's circumstances wants to do with metal ore.
>> No. 151003
[x] "I need it as a raw material."
[x] "We can't keep the spirits from the Blazing Hells under control. Last time a slightly stronger one showed up, we couldn't deal with it and needed help to get rid of him. It's much easier to build a giant and shut off the Hell of Blazing Fires, than it is to keep them under control. A pity, since that would mean sacrifing quite a number of territories and it also has a great deal of undead I would like to control."
[x] "And do you remember that chasm I made during our last talk? The Queen wasn't pleased about that in the slighest. A bridge would probably remediate things."
[x] If she complain about the supposed bridge making contact with her territory, remind her that she would have only one of hers bordering two of your at the same time. She would have the advantage, unfortunatly.
[x] If she actually notices you're saying 'would' instead of 'will', and similar, just say that since you don't have an agreement yet. You don't know if you receive the ore at all. And if she insists, there are many variables to consider, like how much ore will be traded, how much ore can be worked at a time, who can work the ore, who can build the things, etc.
[x]Suggested numbers, in ore units/bottle: 5:1, then 4:1, then final offer, 3:1. Cirno should be acquainted with Yuugi's Ale, which is totally of high quality. Or could Cirno suggest Yuugi's drinks aren't that good?.

I'm not lieing, am I? Theorizing doesn't mean experimentation. Just because closing the Hell off is easier than fighting all the shit that lives there, doesn't mean we will actually close it.

Edit: I had to complicate things a bit. As pointed oput by someone important, I removed mentioning the Fire Flingers, as we could use them as trump cards when the fight against her finally begins. Hopefully I won't have to change thigns again, it's the third time already.
>> No. 151005
[x]We started running into nastier things down here; stuff like Hellhounds, berserking golems, swarms of poisonous spiders... well, tin's just not cutting it any more, pardon the pun.
[x]And if it helps any, copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own.
[x]If needed, mention you're willing to Meira-clause any gear made with the ore she trades you. There really isn't any harm in this, the gear really is being used to go deeper.
[x]If she hasn't shut Tabby down by this point, offer a 1:1 ratio, and mention that you're open to suggestions for other forms of payment; you do have a city full of artisans down here, even if you haven't visited them all yet. You're also interested in acquiring surface goods, there's a lot of stuff she likely takes for granted that you can't really find in the Underground.
[x]And I don't suppose you know someone by the name of.... Marisa Kirisame, by any chance?


Cirno's going to be leery enough of trading away copper as it is, make a good offer or don't bother at all.
>> No. 151007
1/1 isn't a good offer. If we sell the ore to the blacksmith for 5 silver (that is the going rate, isn't it?), that's a 2 silver profit for us with Yuugi's discount.
>> No. 151008
>>151007
It's better than the 7:1 people were trying to pull.
>> No. 151009
[x]We started running into nastier things down here; stuff like Hellhounds, berserking golems, swarms of poisonous spiders... well, tin's just not cutting it any more, pardon the pun.
[x]If it helps any, copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own, and you can always stop if we go to war.
[x]If she hasn't shut Tabby down by this point, offer a fair ratio.

Meira clause is to be avoided, if only because it'll make things so complicated.
>> No. 151011
[x]We started running into nastier things down
here; stuff like Hellhounds, berserking golems, swarms of poisonous spiders... I need better weapons.
[x]If it helps any, copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own, and you can always stop if we go to war.
[x]If she hasn't shut Tabby down by this point, offer a fair ratio.

>>151003

This would piss of Yuugi even more then out right lying would. It's the exact kind of trickery that allowed humans to drive to Oni underground in first place.
>> No. 151013
For all that I came up with the current prevailing vote, I'm having reservations about it. Might just be easier to offer coin, particularly if access to the Underground's shops is bartered for surface access.

Might also mutter something about tracking down a jeweler, need to mess around with as many possible Binding combinations as possible, and there might be one that grants some measure of fire resistance. I imagine she would be very interested in that. If a fire spirit in a defense item doesn't work, Cirno would be of help in tracking down those of ice.

(and before the usual suspects go LOLNODONTHELPTHEENEMY, Cirno crushes Tabby regardless of the weakness, and by the time Tabby's strong enough to maybe take her on, a very, very long time from now, she'll have other/better attack options. And that's assuming such an occasion ever arises.)

Just a thought, anyways.
>> No. 151015
>>151007
1:1 Is an excellent offer. If you look at the table I provided earlier >>150961 you can see that buying copper ore for 3s will increase our damage/silver efficiency by roughly 50%. In short, we will get 50% more damage for our silver invested into weapons compared to our situation now. Assuming it does not cost anything extra to extract the copper from the ore.
>> No. 151016
[x]We started running into nastier things down
here; stuff like Hellhounds, berserking golems, swarms of poisonous spiders... I need better weapons.
[x]If it helps any, copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own, and you can always stop if we go to war.
[x]If she hasn't shut Tabby down by this point, offer a fair ratio
>> No. 151017
>>151015
It's not a good offer for Cirno. She'll probably shut us down before negotiations get that far, anyway.
>> No. 151018
>>151017
This depends entirely on what uses Cirno has for alcohol and the ratio of bottles to ore. In our case I would be willing to even give 2 bottles/ore as it would still be more efficient. Hell even 3 bottles/ore can be defended seeing as we could soon be getting close to saturation of pot-metal weaponry.
>> No. 151020
[x]We started running into nastier things down
here; stuff like Hellhounds, berserking golems, swarms of poisonous spiders... I need better weapons.
[x]If it helps any, copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own, and you can always stop if we go to war.
[x]If she hasn't shut Tabby down by this point, offer a fair ratio.


In hopes that someday Tabuki will be the one who can hold her own against Cirno. And maybe dictate the terms.
>> No. 151022
>>150999
>>151004
>>151016
>>151020
I'm going to be blunt. You four are either fucktards, or a single votespamming fucktard.

[X] I have access to the Hell of Blazing Fires. I want to make use of it to deal with a few troublesome individuals.
[X] In order to do that I need to make a couple cages, and shackles.
[X] Cages work best when they're made out of metal.
[X] How does one beer for every two units sound? (Insert haggling here)
>> No. 151023
>>151022
Ahh, I see what you're doing. You want to make it look like you're directing the metal towards "making examples out of troublemakers" AND "utilizing the blazing hells to their fullest". Not only that, but when you do have a few cages made (after you get a shitload of weapons/armor) you can also use a couple cages to hold prisoners and animals in them as well. Plus, it makes it look like you're more worried about scaring someone/something than fighting in the here and now, and it doesn't get into the real details of the why and all that. After all, Cirno didn't ask for details regarding EVERYTHING you plan on doing with the metal. Alright, I'm gonna try this then.

[x] I'm a magic user. I need metal equipment to further my own magical studies.
[x] I also plan on having cages and shackles made, and other things like that.
[x] I'm a necromancer, remember?
[x] Grin. If Cirno calls you a necrophile, just laugh and keep walking and ask her what she's waiting for, as there is still Booze to be drunk!
>> No. 151024
-[x] Offer trade agreements. Trade mushroom ale for copper ore. Start at 4 bottles for a unit but be prepared to go up a bit, 1 for 1 should be highest acceptable.
If you need to add to her end then use fresh berries as currency.
-[x] Offer open border agreement. Allow us to send troops out this tunnel in exchange for allowing Cirno's troops to use the city's facilities, providing it is clear that neither will lay claim to another territory. Additionally we will disallow the other armies access to this tunnel and send them into a giant spider's nest if they ask. Split the remaining neutral areas in this tunnel section 50-50.
--[x] If proof of loyalty is needed and Yuugi is willing to enforce it, which ever side breaks this deal can list Oni amongst their foe's.
---[x] If she complains remind Cirno that whoever controls the underground can set up sneak attacks and pincer movements all over gensokyo.

similar to my last vote but with the numbers change a bit. Same reasons apply.

Additionally whoever we meet outside Nitori's tunnel we can deal with totally separate from Cirno. We could even pretend to not be allied with her and providing we have nothing on us to prove otherwise even our shitty CHA won't get in the way. No other fairy general would want to go near the hell of blazing fires without a very good reason so it's a good barrier, and that's if Nitori doesn't just shut the door on them.
>> No. 151025
>>151022
A dungeon. You want to lie (???) about making a dungeon. To an enemy war leader.

You've won my vote. Finally, a permanent solution to the Negotiator problem.
[X] I have access to the Hell of Blazing Fires. I want to make use of it to deal with a few troublesome individuals.
[X] In order to do that I need to make a couple cages, and shackles.
[X] Cages work best when they're made out of metal.
[X] How does one beer for every two units sound? (Insert haggling here)
>> No. 151026
>>151024
Uhm, Cirno is asking us why we want the metal. As in she wants an answer right here and now. That kind of makes your vote utterly worthless at the moment as it doesn't address what Cirno is asking whatsoever.
>> No. 151028
>>151025
No, I don't. I said "Cages". Having two cages built means that calling the "Cages" is a valid term due to its pluralness. It's not MY fault you (or Cirno) might not think of that. It's also not my fault if you hear/read the words "Cages and shackles" and automatically think "Dungeon."

Plus, whatever Tabuki and Emerald decide to do with that extra pair of shackles is nobodies business but their own. Don't judge them for what they do behind closed doors.
>> No. 151029
>>151022
I admire your bluntness, in response I will be equally blunt: Fuck you.
>> No. 151030
Somebody please explain me just how is telling Cirno we want the ore to make weapons is supposed to help us in the slightest? She already doesn't like us, is uncooperative, and you want to reveal our plans of making weapons? What the fuck, people?

[X] I have access to the Hell of Blazing Fires. I want to make use of it to deal with a few troublesome individuals.
[X] In order to do that I need to make a couple cages, and shackles.
[X] Cages work best when they're made out of metal.
[x] Or building a gate to shut troublesome zombie goasts off, in case another stronger spirit shows up.
[x] Aim for a 2:1 ratio. Start at 5:1, then 3:1, and finally 2:1, final offer.

1:1 is stupid. 1:2 is even worse. We want as much as possible here. Fuck damage/silver efficiency, that shit doesn't matter if we don't have enough of any.
>> No. 151031
>>151030
Ok, could you explain two things for me then?
Why would 1:1 be stupid when we clearly get significantly more bang for our buck than we would get otherwise?

Why do not damage/silver efficiency matter? Hell, if it didn’t matter why are even contemplating this trade? We could just buy copper from the blacksmith.
>> No. 151033
>>151031

Because we have an army to arm. One copper weapon per turn will take incredibly long to equip everyone, even if don't give anything to the garrisoned fairies. Efficiency for one is not efficiency for all.

Buying metal from the smith is way too expensive to arm more than a couple of fairies. This trade is not to get a weapon for one or two units, we want to equip everyone.
Plus, we will be getting ore, and not the metal itself. For all we know, refining the ore into proper, usable metal, may cost us money. That would cost us 3 silver from the ale per ore, plus possible additional refining cost per ore, while we could have 1,5 per ore and refining costs. Of course, the refining thing is an assumption, but not an unlikely one, since you can't make weapons from ore itself.

Also, the more profit we have, the better.
>> No. 151034
>>151031

Oh yeah, your turn to explain your side now.
>> No. 151035
>>151033
Err… where the heck is it stated that we are only going to be buying 1 copper ore per turn? And damage/silver efficiency is the best way to get as much damage to our army as possible. It’s the reason we bought pot-metal weapons in the first place. Their damage/silver efficiency are superior to all other weapon classes if we don’t have access to cheap ore. The problem is that with the insane influx of money we’re going to get this turn, we will be able to equip all our active fairies with pot-metal equipment. It’s therefore a good idea to invest in some copper metal equipment to prevent pieces of equipment going unused. If we get a deal of 1:1 the amount of money we funnel into copper equipment will net us, at least for swords, 50% more damage per piece of silver compared to what we would get for pot-metal equipment. And you are telling me this is stupid?

The garrisoned fairies should never be equipped. They will never be a factor to prevent enemy invasion anyway, so no resources should be funneled their way. Their only purpose is to prevent the area going neutral.

Of course getting more ore for our liquor is preferred. Everyone knows that. What I am saying is that 1:1 is infinitely superior to no deal at all.
>> No. 151037
>>151022
There is a fucktard here, and his name is you.

We have a Charisma of 1. Our lies suck. Even our misdirections suck. We don't have the capability to Cirno that the sky is blue. And you're trying to tell us we should try to lie while sitting under Yuugi's nose? (And don't try that "it's not a lie" line, because frankly you have Cha 1 too; a lie is exactly what it is.)

[x] Look at Cirno incredulously. "What in the Hells do you think I want it for? Jewelry?"
(You may read this as being a vote for, e.g., >>151016.)

Alternately,
[x] "I'll buy you more ale not to ask that question."
>> No. 151040
>>151035

Yes, 1:1 is still stupid. The ore is useless to Cirno, while ale is useful to everyone. If we have a chance of getting more out of her, then we should try to, and not go for the worst outcome right off the bat.

By the way, you still have not answered my question. Please, do so before arguing again. That was very rude of you, to ask for an explanation before giving yours, and then not do so.
>> No. 151042
>>151037

There is a fucktard here, and his name is you. It's not a lie. Nothing said is a lie, not even close to being one. The chains have been considered before to get rid of the Negotiator, or at least to have her under arrest somewhere else, and they even were in a winning write-in.

We don't need charisma to tell the truth in a direct manner.

[X] I have access to the Hell of Blazing Fires. I want to make use of it to deal with a few troublesome individuals.
[X] In order to do that I need to make a couple cages, and shackles.
[X] Cages work best when they're made out of metal.
[x] Or building a gate to shut troublesome zombie goasts off, in case another stronger spirit shows up.
[x] Aim for a 2:1 ratio. Start at 5:1, then 3:1, and finally 2:1, final offer.

Let's go for a profit here. I pretty much doubt Cirno would willingly arm her enemies, regardless of being newbies or not. It's not like she has any reason to be nice to us, specially since Yuugi slayed the goddamned Brood Mother before we even had the chance of using it as a barganinng chip.
>> No. 151043
>>151040
I have no interest in defending the other vote. I only have an interest in disputing your claim that 1:1 is stupid and that damage/sliver is useless and does not matter.

As for being rude, do you expect people to be nice to you when you write stuff like this: “What the fuck, people?”, and “1:1 is stupid. 1:2 is even worse. We want as much as possible here. Fuck damage/silver efficiency, that shit doesn't matter if we don't have enough of any.”

Use less fuck and shit if you want to be taken seriously.
>> No. 151045
You guys think we have a chance at getting a 5 ore to 1 ale rate. I'm laughing really hard right now.
>> No. 151046
>>151043

Then you should not have used "Ok, could you explain two things for me then?".

>>151045

And I'm laughing really hard right now, if you really think that. Read the votes again and notice the "Aim for a 2:1 ratio". The 5:1 is just so we can lower our price to our desired goal without Cirno complqining much about it.
>> No. 151047
Some of you seem to be forgetting that Cirno would have to redirect fairies from war matters to mine the ore, that mining is hard manual labor, and that there's other places to get alcohol. It's one of the reasons why an offer in silver might be worth making, as it allows for more flexibility in offers and allows for trading for other goods, as they can only go through ale so fast(which is to say, a pretty good clip, but there would be an upper limit).

Lying would likely be an opposed roll between Tabby's pathetic Cha and Cirno's excellent Perception. She probably already knows what you want it for, she just wants to see if you're going to try to lie to her. She's a bit thick, not stupid. If you wouldn't take the deal, she's certainly not going to take it.

As for the chains? I believe it was only brought up once, and I don't recall it getting much support.

>>151037
Actually, a bit of it might go into jewelery later on. Need fodder for Binding experiments, after all~
>> No. 151048
[x]We started running into nastier things down
here; stuff like Hellhounds, berserking golems, swarms of poisonous spiders... I need better weapons.
[x]If it helps any, copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own, and you can always stop if we go to war.
[x]If she hasn't shut Tabby down by this point, offer a fair ratio

I don't think we can lie.
>> No. 151049
File 132387469348.png - (16.02KB , 1432x445 , what_we_can_buy.png ) [iqdb]
151049
>>151046
Why should I not have used: “can you explain two things for me?” When I wanted answers for the two things I asked about? If I created some misunderstanding I apologize, but I have a hard time seeing how you could think that I referred to anything else than what I asked about.
I still see no reason to stop the negotiations at a 2:1 ratio though. Let me illustrate with a chart. The difference between 2:1 and 1:1 is tiny, and 1:1 is leagues better than anything else we have access to at the moment.
>> No. 151052
>>151023
>>151023
>>151030
>>151042

Are you guys seriously trying to piss off yuugi here?

>On the other hand, Yuugi is still within listening distance, and is probably paying at least a little attention to the conversation. And she wouldn't appreciate lies regarding Tabuki's intentions, even if they weren't focused at and had nothing to do with her.

Please do not piss of the Oni. The very same Oni who likes us right now. Oni's hate lies. That includes lies of omission. If we lie she will find out.
>> No. 151053
>>151049

Oh no, had you used that there wouldn't have been any trouble at all. It's the "Ok,...,then?" that got me.

And seriously, just 4 swords of difference? But what about stronger weapons, like 2H Sword, axes, and spiked gauntlets? They use more than a single unit of metal, as does most armor, specially the fullplate. And we also have request to fulfill (or completely ignore).
>> No. 151056
File 132388082229.jpg - (49.46KB , 400x299 , 13075644752.jpg ) [iqdb]
151056
>>151052
Actually, as far as I remember, Oni in this story just have a weird taboo against outright lies. During one of their meetings, she (Yuugi) performed a good example of trickery and deceit by omission and deliberate misinterpretation.
I guess we should ask HEY, KAHI, LIES BY OMISSION AND GENERAL SUBTERFUGE ARE OKAY FOR ONI AS LONG AS WE DON'T ACTUALLY AFFIRMATE UNTRUTHFUL STUFF? THIS ISN'T META-KNOWELDGE SHE IS SUPPOSED TO KNOW BY NOW
>> No. 151057
File 132388109530.png - (68.63KB , 1587x548 , two_one_one_one.png ) [iqdb]
151057
>>151053
Do check for errors, I made it in a hurry.
>> No. 151058
[x]We started running into nastier things down
here; stuff like Hellhounds, berserking golems, swarms of poisonous spiders... I need better weapons.
[x]If it helps any, copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own, and you can always stop if we go to war.
[x]If she hasn't shut Tabby down by this point, offer a fair ratio (on Ale or on Silver)
>> No. 151060
Hmmm... May or may not help to point out that the upgrade will eventually happen regardless of whether she sells you the ore or not, you're just giving her the chance to profit off of it.
>> No. 151062
>>151056

Technically, Yuugi started out by asking how you felt about taking 'x' sum, and just never intended to mention, unless asked, that that was only about a third of what she paid others, and she wouldn't have claimed it was a fair price. And then she tried to intimidate you into accepting the next offer. Haggling stuff.

So at the least, it's fine to wring a better price out of someone, as long as you don't claim that that's the normal price. If they never ask, then that's their fault. There was no actual misinterpretation of things, as I recall, and the omission was only as long as Tabby didn't think to ask, or point it out on her own. Intimidation, sure, but that's not actually a lie, just 'I am big and scary, are you sure you want to argue about this?'.

Little more complex, but that's it simplified. Not quite the same as discussion about what you want to do with the things you're haggling over, however.
>> No. 151063
I'm going to combine the best of two votes here!

[x] "You want to know everything, right? Ok."
[x] Make sure to talk and talk and talk. No lies, but save the weapons/armor parts for the very last. Talk about the use of metal in magical studies. Talk about the use of the metal in cages. Talk about the use of metal in sex toys. Talk about everything BUT the weapons and armor until the very end.
[x] Drag details out. Talk about random shit like "Are zombie fairies born due to the nature inherent in the magic of dead earth, or do Zombie Fairies only come about when some aspect of the nature inherent in a living fairy dies. I wish to test this via..."
[x] Keep going until Cirno asks you to shut up.
[x] No lies given, and Cirno has only herself to blame for shutting you up before you got to the part about you also using the metal for weapons and armor.
>> No. 151065
>>151063
Ah, so you're combining >>151022 and >>151023 then? Alright.

[X] >>151063
>> No. 151066
... You do realize she's going to see right through that, right? Sophistry's only going to end with her foot lodged firmly in your backside.
>> No. 151067
>>151066
Yes, but the thing is, nothing here is a lie. By getting enthusiastic about what you're talking about, you get Cirno to either say "Shut up!" or "Ok, I want to hear more about that."

The worst thing that happens here is she just says "No." Considering the other votes are basically "Yes, we want to make weapons with it, and yes, we'll likely use it against you sometime", ANY other vote is a better choice than that.
>> No. 151068
>>151063

I don't think Tabby has either the CHA or skill/experience to be a sophist.
>> No. 151069
Shouldn't we tell Cirno about the fact that one of the 3 Fairy of Light is currently being press ganged into servitude at the Scarlet Mansion and the opther two are planning to spring her out ?

Even if we don't get any material gain from the info, making sure that one of the enemy leader STAY unavailable can only help in the long run. And get us favor from Cirno too.
Heck, if we spin it correctly, we could even help arrange for the other two to be captured too. That would be super hard, but quite worthwhile.
>> No. 151070
>>151068
I don't think you are using that word right. A sophist is someone who teaches others. Oh, I see, you're using the more current version of the word. No, once again, Tabby is telling the truth. She's just trying to do it in a way which result in Cirno saying "Shut. UP!" Tabuki doesn't have the CHA needed to deceive Cirno with a minimal amount of words, but Tabby sure as hell does have the INT needed to get Cirno to tell Tabby to "Stop talking."
>> No. 151071
>>151067
Doesn't matter if nothing there is a lie, it'll piss her off all the same. She's getting enough of this crap from the other leaders, she's certainly not going to put up with it here.
>> No. 151073
>>151069
Hey~ Yeah, let's throw this out to Cirno as soon as we try our stunt regarding what we want with the metal.

[X] If the chance comes up, try and bargain this info to Cirno.
>> No. 151074
>>151071
What will piss her off more though? "We plan on using this against you at some point" or "One of the things I plan on doing with this is (insert truthful but unrelated item topic here)..." ? Answer me this, if you would.
>> No. 151075
>>151069
The info is several days old at this point, it might not be relevant. Asking Cirno about it can't hurt though, provided we don't have a repeat of the first half of thread 3.

Remember that?

People trying to be "clever"?

Cirno getting really pissed off?

I'd rather not have a repeat of that, thanks.



>>151074
The other vote is to tell the truth: i.e. arming up her forces to better suppress the various nasty crawling things down here. There is no intent to use it against Cirno's forces. Because, really, if Tabby's still using copper and Cirno attacks she's hosed either way.
>> No. 151076
>>151075
Very much this. We aren't going to use copper to attack Cirno, because by then we'll either have improved or we'll be suiciding. Of course, if she attacks use when we only have copper then we might use it, but only if she hits first.
>> No. 151077
>>151005
Addendum: [x]While I'm not dependent on getting ore from you, the smith has quite a bit to spare, I would like to reduce my costs a bit, and you'd profit as well.

Replace line two with this.
>> No. 151079
[x]"Sunny's been eying my territory. She's limited to wood weapons and clothes tough, so I need that metal to kick her ass."
[x]Tell Cirno about Luna's incarceration and her friends plan to rescue her. If they have already acted, too bad, but if they haven't then telling Cirno can only help. Do try to get something out of it in some way if possible.

Here, was it that hard ? There's literally no drawback to telling Cirno. It'll either have no effect or a positive one.
>> No. 151080
File 132391091930.jpg - (175.79KB , 429x600 , 1323137363711.jpg ) [iqdb]
151080
>>151062
Word of god here folks. No lies at all. Besides, she can read through her 1 charisma like an open book.

[x]We started running into nastier things down
here; stuff like Hellhounds, berserking golems, swarms of poisonous spiders... I need better weapons.
[x]If it helps any, copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own, and you can always stop if we go to war.
[x]If she hasn't shut Tabby down by this point, offer a fair ratio (on Ale or on Silver)
>> No. 151081
File 132391371340.jpg - (614.14KB , 700x1011 , edf81579dfdde237d1eed5895388c9c2fe17446f.jpg ) [iqdb]
151081
Probably won't write tonight, but it's been long enough in the story that these fights have either finished up, or are drawing to a close. So, have you some reports on them in advance.

Meira, Henna, Vanice, Vanda, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko, Fabrizia, Marshmallow, Elizabeth, Mallea, Ella, Blackheart, Yumi, Deady, Dead2, Newdead, Ash, Barrier, Lamia

vs

CSx25, aCSx4, vCS, MM, DM

---

Meira- 19 damage to (d25=8) CS8 (KO), 23 damage to (d24=20) CS19 (KO)
Henna-x
Vanice-x
Vanda-x
Chiko- 5 damage to (d23=8) CS9 (5hp)
Levina- 3 damage to CS9 (2hp)
Yumiko- 3 damage to CS9 (KO)
Fabrizia- 2 damage to (d22=11) CS13 (8hp)
Marshmallow- 3 damage to CS13 (5hp)
Elizabeth- 3 damage to CS13 (2hp)
Mallea- 3 damage to CS13 (KO)
Ella- 2 damage to (d21=10) CS12 (8hp)
Blackheart- 6 damage to CS12 (2hp)
Yumi- 7 damage to CS12 (KO)
Deady-x
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
Ash-x
BARRIER-x
Lamia-x

CS:MM- x
DM- 1 damage to (d20=6) Levina (19hp)

Meira- 25 damage to (d20=7) CS7 (KO), 28 damage to (d19=6) CS6 (KO)
Henna- 7 damage to (d18=17) CS24 (3hp)
Vanice- 4 damage to CS24 (KO)
Vanda- 1 damage to (d17=11) CS17 (9hp)
Chiko- 5 damage to CS17 (4hp)
Levina- 4 damage to CS17 (KO)
Yumiko- 4 damage to (d16=3) CS3 (6hp)
Fabrizia- 2 damage to CS3 (4hp)
Marshmallow- 3 damage to CS3 (1hp)
Elizabeth- 2 damage to CS3 (KO)
Mallea- 2 damage to (d15=7) CS14 (8hp)
Ella- 3 damage to CS14 (5hp)
Blackheart- 5 damage to CS14 (KO)
Yumi- 5 damage to (d14=12) CS22 (5hp)
Deady- 8 damage to CS22 (KO)
Dead2- 8 damage to (d13=12) CS23 (2hp)
Newdead- 8 damage to CS23 (KO)
Ash- 16 damage to (d12=12) CS25 (KO)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 4 damage to (d11=8) CS16 (6hp)
-Can't get a solid grip.

CS1- 3 damage to (d20=6) Levina (16hp)
-Devour attempt (16/20, d20=6) fail
CS2- 2 damage to (d20=2) Henna (20hp)
-Devour attempt (20/22, d22=9) fail
CS4- 2 damage to (d20=13) Blackheart (8hp)
-Devour attempt (8/10, d10=8) Success
-Blackheart takes an extra 3 crushing and acid damage (5hp)
CS5- 2 damage to (d19=17) Ash BARRIER (78hp)
-Devour attempt (78/115, d115=49) fail
CS10- 2 damage to (d19=10) Elizabeth (13hp)
-Devour attempt (13/15, d15=11) fail
CS11- 3 damage to (d19=8) Fabrizia (12hp)
-Devour attempt (12/15, d15=12) Success
- Fabrizia takes an extra 3 crushing and acid damage (9hp)
CS15- 2 damage to (d18=18) Lamia BARRIER (76hp)
-Devour attempt (76/115, d115=87) Success
- BARRIER takes an extra 2 crushing and acid damage (74hp)
CS16- 3 damage to (d17=6) Levina (13hp)
-Devour attempt (13/20, d20=2) fail
CS18- 3 damage to (d17=10) Mallea (12hp)
-Devour attempt (12/15, d15=9) fail
CS20- 2 damage to (d17=3) Vanice (8hp)
-Devour attempt (8/10, d10=10) Success
- Vanice takes an extra 3 damage (5hp)
CS21- 3 damage to (d16=8) Elizabeth (9hp)
-Devour attempt (9/15, d15=15) Success
- Elizabeth takes an extra 3 damage (6hp)
aCS1- 4 damage to (d15=1) Meira (53hp)
-Too big to Devour, Meira pulls free.
aCS2- 3 damage to (d15=4) Chiko (17hp)
-Devour attempt (17/20, d25=3) fail
aCS3- 4 damage to (d15=4) Chiko (13hp)
-Devour attempt (13/20, d25=21) Success
- Chiko takes an extra 4 damage (9hp)
aCS4- 4 damage to (d14=14) Lamia (26hp)
-Devour attempt (26/30, d37=7) fail
vCS- 7 damage to (d14=1) Meira (46hp)
-Meira is too big to be easily swallowed. vCS is too big to be easily escaped.
-Meira is entangled in tentacles and locked down, no weapon bonus, attacks/round = 1.
MM- 2 damage to (d14=1) Meira (44hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d14=1) Meira (42hp)

Blackheart calls fire
-7 damage to CS4 (3hp), 7 damage to Blackheart (HALF, 2hp)

Meira- 13 damage to vCS (27hp)
Henna- 7 damage to CS4 (KO)
-Pokes spear shaft down squids throat, pulls bedraggled Blackheart out.
Vanda- 1 damage to CS11 (9hp)
Levina- 4 damage to CS11 (5hp)
Yumiko- 4 damage to CS11 (1hp)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to CS11 (KO)
-Fabrizia remains trapped within
Mallea- 2 damage to CS15 (8hp)
Ella- 3 damage to CS15 (5hp)
Yumi- 6 damage to CS15 (KO)
-Burns a hole to release captive. Barrier takes 6 damage (68hp), CS15 corpse burns to inediblity.
Deady- 8 damage to CS20 (2hp)
Dead2- 7 damage to CS20 (KO)
-Zombies rip carcass to tattered shreds. Vanice rescued, CS20 corpse lost.
Newdead- 7 damage to CS21 (3hp)
Ash- 6 damage to CS21 (KO)
-Undead rip carcass to tattered shreds. Elizabeth rescued, CS21 corpse lost.
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 1 damage to aCS3 (19hp)

Fabrizia takes 3 damage (6hp)
Chiko takes 3 damage (6hp)

CS1- 3 damage to (d18=1) Meira BARRIER (65hp)
-Devour attempt (65/115, d115=69) Success
- BARRIER takes an additional 3 damage (62hp)
CS2- 3 damage to (d17=6) Yumiko (17hp)
-Devour attempt (17/20, d20=18) Success
- Yumiko takes an extra 2 damage (15hp)
CS5- 3 damage to (d16=15) Ash (57hp)
-Too big to eat.
CS10- 3 damage to (d16=4) Vanda (7hp)
-Devour attempt (7/10, d10=9) Success
- Vanda takes an extra 2 damage (5hp)
CS16- 2 damage to (d15=5) Marshmallow (17hp)
-Devour attempt (17/19, d19=8) fail
CS18- 3 damage to (d15=4) Levina (10hp)
-Devour attempt (10/20, d20=16) Success
- Levina takes an extra 3 damage (7hp)
aCS1- 3 damage to (d14=8) Blackheart (KO)
-Blackheart is swallowed almost as an afterthought
aCS2- 3 damage to (d13=5) Elizabeth (3hp)
-Devour attempt (3/15, d18=15) Success
- Elizabeth takes an extra 3 damage, and can no longer struggle (KO)
aCS3- 3 damage to (d12=9) Dead2 (27hp)
-Devour attempt (27/30, d37=24) fail
aCS4- 3 damage to (d12=1) Meira (39hp)
-Too big to swallow, but Meira cannot currently escape.
vCS- 7 damage to Meira (32hp)
-Meira is still too hard to swallow. Attempts do not cease.
MM- 1 damage to (d12=2) Henna (19hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d12=2) Henna (17hp)

Fabrizia takes 3 damage (3hp)
Chiko takes 3 damage (3hp)

Meira- 16 damage to (d2=1) aCS4 (4hp)
Henna- 8 damage to CS1 (2hp)
Vanice- 5 damage to CS1 (KO)
- BARRIER is released
Marshmallow- 3 damage to CS2 (7hp)
Mallea- 2 damage to CS2 (5hp)
Ella- 2 damage to CS2 (2hp)
Yumi- 6 damage to CS2 (KO)
-Burns a hole to rescue captive. Yumiko takes 6 damage (9hp), CS2 corpse lost.
Deady- 7 damage to CS10 (3hp)
Dead2- 8 damage to CS10 (KO)
- Zombies tear carcass to tattered shreds. Vanda rescued, CS10 corpse lost.
Newdead- 8 damage to CS18 (2hp)
Ash- 6 damage to CS18 (KO)
-Undead tear carcass to tattered shreds. Levina rescued, CS18 corpse lost.
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 2 damage to aCS3 (17hp)

CS5- 3 damage to (d16=13) Newdead (27hp)
-Devour attempt (27/30, d30=7) fail
CS16- 3 damage to (d16=4) Vanda (2hp)
-Devour attempt (2/10, d10=1) fail
aCS1- 4 damage to (d16=5) Levina (3hp)
-Devour attempt (3/20, d20=20) Success
- Levina takes an extra 4 damage and can no longer struggle (KO)
aCS2- 4 damage to (d15=13) Ash BARRIER (58hp)
-Devour attempt (58/115, d143=121) Success
- BARRIER takes an additional 3 damage (55hp)
aCS3- 3 damage to (d14=10) Deady (27hp)
-Devour attempt (27/30, d37=5) fail
aCS4- 4 damage to Meira (28hp)
vCS- 6 damage to Meira (22hp)
-Meira still flatly refuses to slide down the beast's throat.
MM- 2 damage to (d14=2) Henna (15hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d14=13) Ash (55hp)

Fabrizia takes 3 damage (KO)
Chiko takes 4 damage (KO)

Meira- 21 damage to (d2=1) aCS4 (KO)
Henna- 7 damage to aCS3 (10hp)
Vanice- 4 damage to aCS3 (6hp)
Vanda- 2 damage to aCS3 (4hp)
Yumiko- 3 damage to aCS3 (1hp)
Marshmallow- 3 damage to aCS3 (KO)
Mallea- 3 damage to aCS2 (17hp)
Ella- 3 damage to aCS2 (14hp)
Yumi- 5 damage to aCS2 (9hp)
Deady- 8 damage to aCS2 (1hp)
Dead2- 8 damage to aCS2 (KO)
-Zombies tear the carcass to bits to release victim.
NDead- 7 damage to vCS (20hp)
Ash- 16 damage to vCS (4hp)
Lamia- 1 damage to vCS (3hp)

CS5- 2 damage to (d15=14) Ash BARRIER (53hp)
-Devour attempt (53/115, d115=67) Success
- BARRIER takes an extra 3 damage (50hp)
CS16- 2 damage to (d14=5) Yumiko (7hp)
-Devour attempt (7/20, d20=10) Success
- Yumiko takes an extra 3 damage (4hp)
aCS1- 3 damage to (d13=10) Dead2 (24hp)
-Devour attempt (24/30, d37=13) fail
vCS- 7 damage to Meira (15hp)
-Meira refuses to be made a meal.

Meira- 15 damage to vCS (KO)
- Meira hobbles over to collect her sword.
Henna- 8 damage to CS16 (KO)
-Yumiko is dragged out.
Vanice- 4 damage to CS5 (6hp)
Vanda- 1 damage to CS5 (5hp)
Marshmallow- 3 damage to aCS1 (17hp)
Mallea- 2 damage to aCS1 (15hp)
Ella- 3 damage to aCS1 (12hp)
Yumi- 5 damage to aCS1 (7hp)
Deady- 8 damage to aCS1 (KO)
Dead2- 8 damage to (d2=1) MM (2hp)
NDead- 7 damage to (d2=2) DM (3hp)
Ash- 13 damage to (d2=2) DM (-10hp, deaded)
BARRIER-x
Lamia- 2 damage to MM (KO)

Dead2-8 damage to MM (-8hp)

Victory
+1 bxp to all active units.
MM: -8/10, d10=5, Necrophobe
Conscripted: MMA(Necrophobe), DMA (Necrophobe)
Loot:
19 Squid Meat -> 76 silvers
4 avg Squid Meat -> 24 silvers
1 vet Squid Meat -> 8 silvers
Net: 108 silvers.

---

Emerald, Akira, Chris, Dominique, Russet, Finni, Widget, Iona, Ruby, Ellete, Honey, Frances, Quinn, Janice, George, Ain, Soph

vs

CSx18, aCSx6, MM, DM

Strategy roll: 1d10=1, Success. Flat +4hp, +1 damage for all.

---

Emerald-x
Akira-x
Chris-x
Dominique-x
Russet-x
Finni-x
Widget-x
Iona- 3 damage to (d18=9) CS9 (7hp)
Ruby- 5 damage to CS9 (2hp)
Ellete- 9 damage to CS9(KO)
Honey- 10 damage to (d17=7) CS7 (KO)
Frances- x
Quinn-x
Janice-x
George-x
Ain- 6 damage to (d16=11) CS13 (4hp)
Soph- 4 damage to CS13 (KO)

CS: MM-x
DM- 1 damage to (d17=12) Frances (19hp)

Emerald- 16 damage to (d15=9) CS11 (KO)
Akira- 9 damage to (d14=1) CS1 (1hp)
Chris- 8 damage to CS1 (KO)
Dominique- 10 damage to (d13=2) CS3 (KO)
Russet- 8 damage to (d12=7) CS12 (2hp)
Finni- 7 damage to CS12 (KO)
Widget- 6 damage to (d11=6) CS10 (4hp)
Iona- 4 damage to CS10 (KO)
Ruby 4 damage to (d10=9) CS17 (6hp)
Ellete- 10 damage to CS17 (KO)
Honey- 10 damage to (d9=1) CS2 (KO)
-Frances- 9 damage to (d8=7) CS16 (1hp)
Quinn- 7 damage to CS16 (KO)
Janice- 8 damage to (d7=1) CS4 (2hp)
George- 7 damage to CS4 (KO)
Ain- 6 damage to (d6=4) CS14 (4hp)
Soph- 5 damage to CS14 (KO)

CS5- 2 damage to (d17=13) Quinn (18hp)
-Devour attempt (18/20, d20=9) fail
CS6- 2 damage to (d17=2) Akira (17hp)
-Devour attempt (17/19, d19=2) fail
CS8- 2 damage to (d17=8) Iona (17hp)
-Devour attempt (17/19, d19=9) fail
CS15- 3 damage to (d17=12) Frances (16hp)
-Devour attempt (16/20, d20=20) Success
- Frances takes an extra 2 damage (14hp)
CS18- 3 damage to (d16=9) Ruby (13hp)
-Devour attempt (13/16, d16=12) fail
aCS1- 4 damage to (d16=12) Quinn (14hp)
-Devour attempt (14/20, d25=6) fail
aCS2- 4 damage to (d16=5) Russet (15hp)
-Devour attempt (15/19, d23=8) fail
aCS3- 3 damage to (d16=9) Ruby (10hp)
-Devour attempt (10/16, d20=9) fail
aCS4- 4 damage to (d16=6) Finni (10hp)
-Devour attempt (10/14, d17=3) fail
aCS5- 3 damage to (d16=7) Widget (11hp)
-Devour attempt (11/14, d17=10) fail
aCS5- 3 damage to (d16=15) Ain (HALF 21hp)
-Devour attempt (21/22, d27=23) Success
-Ain flies out in disinterest
aCS6- 3 damage to (d16=3) Chris (16hp)
-Devour attempt (16/19, d23=7) fail
MM- 1 damage to (d16=8) Iona (16hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d16=16) Soph (FULL 14hp)

Emerald- 16 damage to CS15 (KO)
-Frances is extracted.
Akira- 8 damage to (d4=4) CS18 (2hp)
Chris- 8 damage to CS18 (KO)
Dominique- 10 damage to (d3=1) CS5 (KO)
Russet- 9 damage to (d2=2) CS8 (1hp)
Finni- 7 damage to CS8 (KO)
Widget- 6 damage to CS6 (4hp)
Iona- 4 damage to CS6 (KO)
Ruby- 4 damage to (d6=6) aCS6 (16hp)
Ellete- 8 damage ato aCS6 (8hp)
Honey- 9 damage to aCS6 (KO)
Quinn- 8 damage to (d5=3) aCS3 (12hp)
Janice- 7 damage to aCS3 (5hp)
-George- 6 damage to aCS3 (KO)
Ain- 6 damage to (d4=2) aCS2 (14hp)
Soph- 4 damage to aCS2 (10hp)

aCS1- 4 damage to (d17=13) Quinn (10hp)
-Devour attempt (10/20, d25=21) Success
-Quinn takes an extra 3 damage (7hp)
aCS2- 4 damage to (d16=14) George (15hp)
-Devour attempt (15/19, d23=15) Success
-George takes an extra 3 damage (12hp)
aCS4- 3 damage to (d15=10) Ellete (16hp)
-Devour attempt (16/19, d23=13) fail
aCS5- 3 damage to (d15=6) Finni (7hp)
-Devour attempt (7/14, d17=7) Success
-Finni takes an extra 3 damage (4hp)
MM- 1 damage to (d14=2) Akira (16hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d14=8) Ruby (8hp)

George thrashes and bites.
- 7 damage to aCS2 (3hp)

Emerald- 20 damage to aCS1 (KO)
-Quinn is extracted.
Akira- 10 damage to aCS5 (10hp)
Chris- 9 damage to aCS5 (1hp)
Dominique- 10 damage to aCS5 (KO)
-Finni is cut loose
Russet- 8 damage to aCS2 (KO)
-George claws out through its mouth.
Widget- 7 damage to aCS4 (13hp)
Iona- 3 damage to aCS4 (10hp)
Ruby- 5 damage to aCS4 (5hp)
Ellete- 10 damage to aCS4 (KO)
Honey- 10 damage to (d2=2) DM (KO)
Frances- 10 damage to MM (KO)

Victory
+1 bxp
Conscripted: MMB, DMB
Loot:
Squid Meat x18 -> 72
avg Squid Meat x6 -> 36
Net: 108 silvers.
Scouting: TI-9

>> No. 151083
Meira almost died... Fuck shit damn. We need to A get her and everyone else some armor and B we need to get Sakura asap.
>> No. 151085
>>151083 Agreed
[x] After Cirno leaves, thank Yuugi for the help with the Brood mother.
[x] Ask Yuugi where, Tabuki should go to for the reward money for reporting the brood mother.
[x] head out to find Sakura.
[x] A healing spell for Tabuki
[x] Miko training for the fairies
[x] claim reward money
[x] bind a fire spirit to Honey Mints PM rod
>> No. 151089
>>151085

Can't you wait for a better moment? It's like you're voting for an update that's a thread away.
>> No. 151092
>>151057

2-3 items more with 2:1. Ok, 1:1 isn't as bad as I thought. Still, 2:1 is better for axes, 2H version of weapons, spiked gauntlets and most armor, specially the full plate. 40 hp is totally worth the cost.

I'm gonna drop the subject now. The difference isn't that big.

I still think we shouldn't tell Cirno we want to make weapons with the metal.
>> No. 151095
>>151092
"The difference isn't that big."

That’s all I wanted to make clear.
>> No. 151097
File 132397755734.jpg - (122.39KB , 850x637 , sample-8694f02e6222fadfc2c599f1e5091a33.jpg ) [iqdb]
151097
"As you've noticed, the underground isn't what could be called... pleasant, in many areas. You've seen undead fairies and cavern-squid already, of course. I believe you noticed the spiders last time as well." Tabuki says. "You've not seen, however... the oozing masses of slime, evil spirits, the elemental wisps of flame, walking bones, the hounds of the hells, or the Punishment Golems."

"Last one sounds like fun." Cirno says, with interest. "But we've got nasty things on the surface too. Something horrible walks into one of your places, doesn't look interested in moving along on its own? You deal with it, and hope nobody else notices you're moving people to do something else."

"Indeed. But the fact remains that they are proving obstinate towards my securing the area. My troops learn fast, but it's not enough."

"So you want this stuff for... weapons." Cirno says, eyes flashing.

"In so many words... yes." Tabuki admits. "And armor. Perhaps jewelry, magical experments, or some other things I could consider that require metal. But primarily, the manufacture of arms and armor."

"Haaah... And what's keeping you from taking this stuff, making a bunch of knives from it, and then turning them on my Knights?" Cirno muses aloud.

"Absolutely nothing." Tabuki admits. "But I would estimate that just copper equipment wouldn't hold up to your own ice, and you can always cease production if we end up at odds with one another."

"That if should probably be more like a 'when'." Cirno says, frowning. "And fat lot of good it does me to stop giving you things after you've already made a bunch of stuff out of it."

"You needn't agree, of course..." Tabby says. "It would be vexing, but there are other veins of ore to be found."

.... she hopes. But surely, that couldn't be the only vein of copper in all the underground.

"Point. What you're saying is, you'll get this stuff sooner or later anyway. It's just easier for you this way." Cirno says, swallowing another mouthful of ale. "Fine. Nine to one."

"Nine units per bottle?" Tabuki asks, not sure she's heard correctly, as the ratio is far better than she'd expected.

"Hah! You wish." Cirno jeers. "Other way around. Nine bottles for every one metal."

That's unacceptable. Tabuki doesn't realize that she's said this aloud before Cirno's smirk has already started widening. It's still a bad deal, though. With every unit of copper being worth five silver sold to the smith, or ten if used directly in arms and armor manufacture, one to three bottles at the current price per bottle, in exchange for one ore, would be the fairest exchange rate that still left her ahead. This would have her losing a minimum of eight silvers with every unit purchased, it would be cheaper just to get the equipment directly from the smith herself.

"Thing is, I'll hafta take fairies out of action in order to dig through dirt for shiny rocks." Cirno points out. "And it's going to be slooow. And hard work. It's gotta be worth my while. And this stuff, for being made of mushrooms, it's really good. But I can steal better on the surface."

"I had hoped to offer a rate of something like five copper to one bottle of ale." Tabuki says, through grit teeth.

"Oh, yeah, that'll happen for sure. One or two bottles a week. Whoop-de-doo." Cirno says flatly.

"Well, what would you think about three to one?" Tabuki offers.

"I think you can choke on-"

"Maybe not." Tabuki interrupts, frowning.

Cirno leans back in her seat, arms crossed over her chest as she stares at the ceiling for a few moments, thinking.

"... I might go ahead for just seven bottles a piece." She says. "But this is starting to look less worth it for me. You got anything else to put on the table?"

Tabuki rubs her chin in thought. There's definitely some one-time offers she could make, in order to lower the regular payment agreements. Some could be more costly than others, though.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 151099
[x] Respectfully decline the offer, end the meeting as soon as is polite, and leave Cirno with some of the bottles of wine as a gesture of goodwill.
[x] Go do something that will improve you or your army. Doesn't matter what.

Historically, negotiation with the other fairy leaders hasn't worked out well for us. The only time we actually got something positive out of them was, I think, some influence gain from Lily White.

Best to focus our energies on getting stronger, so we can TAKE what we need from our enemies.
>> No. 151100
Who else do we have around to talk to? what else do we have to trade. Sounds like Cirno is not really interested in Mushroom Ale.
>> No. 151103
>>151098 here, deleted due proofreading.

[x] "I cannot accept anything above three bottles. If that is not enough for you, I could give you a bottle of Spidersilk Wine for our first trade. It's Yuugi's best ale one can buy from her. Quite expensive too. A single one, no more than that, but I could give you less if you don't want an entire bottle."
[x] "It's expensive, so I won't be trading for a single ore in our firs trade. So a Spidersilk Wine and 6 bottles of Mushroom Ale for, say, 5 units of ore, then 3 Mushroom Ale bottles per ore after that. Believe me, you will not regret it after a single sip of the wine."
[x] "If you're not fine with that, I guess I will just have to find another vein. Luckly, Cooper is quite common, although weaker than other metals. Or I could just find something better than Copper and use that instead. Whichever happens first"
[x] "Unless you have something else in mind, of course. Just remember, 3 bottles per ore is my maximum for normal trades."
>> No. 151104
>>151098
This deal gives us a very insignificant boost to copper item stat/silver efficiency and should only be done if we think it will give us more influence with Cirno.
>> No. 151105
[x] Respectfully decline the offer, end the meeting as soon as is polite, and leave Cirno with some of the bottles of wine as a gesture of goodwill.
[x] Pay five silvers and read "Quantum Mechanics with Basic Field Theory" if you have time.


Fuck 1 CHA negotiation.
>> No. 151106
[x] I know this blunting spell I could try teaching you.

Cirno goes crazy for spells. I want to see Tabby fail miserably at teaching her.
>> No. 151107
Aaand not dancing around the issue or going for stupid redirects bumps Cirno's opinion up a bit, even if the trade did fall through.

[x]I seem to have underestimated the difference in value the surface and the underground place on metal; I can't go above two bottles per ore before it starts becoming more cost effective to simply purchase what I need from the smith's supplies, and I don't think you'd accept that.
[x]Perhaps you'd be willing to trade less... objectionable things? Berries, fruits, vegetables; things you're probably already gathering. A little variety in our diet down here would be nice.
[x]And... I don't suppose you know someone by the name of Marisa Kirisame?(assuming Mima gave Tabby the name at some point, or wrote it on the envelope. Otherwise ask if she knows of any magicians living in the Forest of Magic that may have been trained by Mima)
[x]Regardless of what happens, give her another couple bottles for the road.


>>151100
She probably wouldn't mind getting some now and then, but trying to trade a consumable luxury good for an important commodity that gives a semi-permanent boost to your troop's power was a bit of a long shot. A luxury for a luxury she takes for granted, however, might work.
>> No. 151108
Brain storming here

There is the fire cape we offer her.
We could offer Bind spirits for her.
We could offer to teach her how to bind spirits.
We could make her a promise for a future favor.
We could offer her the special alcohol.
We could offer to make her some fire resistant equipment. (I can like this one she would probably like it and when we do finally fight her we should be using more then fire magic.)
We could offer to pay her silver for the ore.

That's all I can really think of at the moment.
Damn... we're probably not getting copper from her. Oh well we should probably offer her a good bye drink and call this meeting done. Then maybe chat with Yuugi some. On the plus side we just made a lot of money so we can afford some good stuff now (as well as books).
>> No. 151109
>>151100

Well, the people we know are: Satori, Orin, Okuu, Yuugi (already with us), Pedro (Stock is limited, 52 influence), Pierre (100 silver per dress/uniform), The Smith (name unkown), Nitori (58 influence). Negotiator? Who?

Maybe that info on Luna could still be useful?
>> No. 151110
Also we should probably mention that we need to make a visit to the surface in the near future and ask how one goes about crossing territories with out taking hostile action. Even if we do just take the normal exit out we will still have to probably cross fairy territories
>> No. 151111
>>151108

May I give my input on these?
>There is the fire cape we offer her.

Don't you dare even thinking about this again.
>We could offer Bind spirits for her.

Sounds ok. But we can only bind once, we wouldn't be able to bind for ourselves. Maybe in the future?
>We could offer to teach her how to bind spirits.

Let's not make her even stronger, please? Also, it's pretty hard to imagine Tabuki teaching anything to anyone.
>We could make her a promise for a future favor.

Sounds good, too. Maybe offering to side with her in the late game?
>We could offer her the special alcohol.

Sounds good.
>We could offer to make her some fire resistant equipment.

Hmm, maybe. Not large quantities of it, please. Fire is still her greates weakness.
>We could offer to pay her silver for the ore.

Maybe. 9 silver is the maximum. It's also the price of 3 bottles.
>> No. 151112
>>151108
The fire immunity robe is sized for a normal fairy and won't fit her, and I'd rather hang on to it for the time being~

As for making fire-resist gear, we'd have to work out which, if any, bindings result in an elemental resistance property, and then work out which spirit would be needed from there.
>> No. 151113
File 132398438890.png - (643.61KB , 746x807 , Deady.png ) [iqdb]
151113
I would like to announce that we have gotten our first elite unit! Congratulations Deady, may you continue to grow in the conflicts to come!
>> No. 151114
is that the same deady with the +1 intelligence
>> No. 151115
>>151114

There is only one "Deady". She is our first Zombie Fairy, and my favorite of the lot.
>> No. 151116
>>151099
>>151105
While keeping the negotiations ongoing is risky, I'd prefer if we didn't end them quite yet. At least, not until we've brought up the letter (as an afterthought, obviously. No need to make it seem important).

A few ideas for what we could offer (and yes, I know most of these are probably bad ideas)
-Limited use of surface-linking tunnels. Allow her to get the drop on her other surface-dwelling opponents. Of course, the treaty for this should specify that Cirno couldn't attack us while moving troops in the tunnels or something like that. Still, even with that it'd be risky, given that they'd be getting information on the underground's layout.
-Information: Luna's incarceration, where the enemy's supplies are located, stuff like that which we got from our scouting trip. Might all be useless now, though.
-Passing on any orders for smiths, bar (and maaaaybe library?). Basically, we have a lot of stuff that the surface lacks access to, specifically the bar, high quality smiths and a library which isn't defended by an certain sickly witch.
>> No. 151117
>>151116
You can only attack/take adjacent territories, so the first is out. And as for the Library, the most you could do is to give her a chance to sort out her own deal with Satori; it's not Tabby's, after all. Fairies also don't (usually) deal in money, so Tabby would have to find a buyer for anything they try to barter with.

As for the info, you can certainly bring it up, but it should be noted to Cirno that it's fairly dated so you have no idea if any of it's still valid.
>> No. 151118
>>151117
We could always ask if she knows if it's really true what we heard about Luna's incarceration.
>> No. 151120
Kahi, I've been meaning to ask you something. Tabuki has 1 strenght, but she is still capable of punching things/squeeze fruits/etc. How much damage can she deal?

Also, Deadsight was used as soon as the spell was learned. Didn't she notice that Gensokyo map that Deady saw but didn't understand it? I mean, if the image of the map is there, someone else should be abble to decipher it. Or is the memory of the map too jumbled/weak?
>> No. 151121
Oh for fuck sake...use the damn information on the 3 Fairy of Light as a damn bargain chip already.

Hum...another idea.

How interested do you think Cirno would be in copper armors and arms herself ? Her biggest weakness right now is that her troops are VERY weak against fire user since their gears are made of ice as Dai proved during that fight that Deady saw.
Maybe would could make a deal and provide her with the finished copper armor and arms in exchange for a lowering of the price of the raw ore.

We could also ask her if she would consider letting us travel through her tunnels freely if we did the same for her. That way we could FINALLY get to the surface.
>> No. 151122
>>151120
If memory serves, Deady couldn't interpret the map because it was really poorly made, and probably referenced stuff that would only make sense to them.

>>151121
It pretty much boils down to the fact that Cirno's not willing to trade it for a cost-effective amount unless Tabby bends over backwards and spends considerably more than the copper is worth trying to get her to lower her price.

It'd be for the best to just let go of the copper at this point.
>> No. 151125
>And this stuff, for being made of mushrooms, it's really good. But I can steal better on the surface.

sounds like she might be willing to trade for the real high-end stuff.
I see then take a bottle of spider silk wine, my complements for your time. If you find it better suit to your palette, then the trade amount would have to be 1 bottle for 6 ore’s because of the higher price
>> No. 151127
The wine is made out of spider poison. Aside from the long list of potential side-effects, there's also the chance it might be one of those "acquired taste" things; a drink designed for a race for whom regular alcohol doesn't quite cut it, and needs ever more potent and exotic forms of poison to get a good buzz going.

Taste would be secondary to how badly it can maim your liver in that case.
>> No. 151128
I doubt fairies would care too much if it lead to their death after all they'll be back tomorrow. Weather she likes the taste or not is another matter
>> No. 151129
>>151128
Overindulging won't necessarily kill them, but looking at the other side effects they'll probably wish it had.

Definitely not something you'd want to hand out without trying it first.

In very, very tiny quantities.

I imagine Tabby wouldn't be able to handle much more than a sip or two without keeling over.
>> No. 151131
I think the liquor trade would have went better if we were speaking to one of the three fairies as opposed to Cirno.
>> No. 151132
Wait, of course! We could offer to use our own fairies to dig out the copper, thereby making Cirno have to invest no resources to sell it to us.
>> No. 151134
>>151132
At the low low cost of allowing Tabby's fairies to loiter on her territory. She's not going to go for it.

Seriously, it's more trouble than it's worth right now. Let it go.
>> No. 151135
>>151134
Huh, how can this be unacceptable to her? The mine is just behind the frontline in a tunnel which leads to nowhere. It will give us no extra scouting information. I can accept that we wouldn’t want to send our forces behind "friendly" lines, just in case our "friend" decided to go hostile on us and capture them, but I can see no disadvantage for Cirno here.
>> No. 151136
Well, Cirno seems to be at 7 bottles per ore, and thinks 3 bottles per is an insult. Even with upfront gifts, we'd probably be lucky to talk her down to that level, and one silver saved per ore isn't really worth it.

[x] Respectfully decline the offer, end the meeting as soon as is polite, and leave Cirno with some of the bottles of ale as a gesture of goodwill.
>> No. 151138
>>151135
She'll find a reason. If you haven't picked up on it yet, she's not going to let Tabby have the copper without taking her to the cleaners in some fashion. Besides, I can't really imagine anon allowing Cirno to do the same thing to one of our territories for similar reasons, so you can't really ask the same of her.


On another matter...
>>151107
Addendum: [x]If she can get in touch with Marisa, ask if she's willing to pass along a message in exchange for a bottle of ale or two.

I assume the Compact would require Tabby to hand the letter over in person, but it might be simpler to bring Marisa to Tabby, rather than negotiate for surface passage.
>> No. 151139
>Well, Cirno seems to be at 7 bottles per ore, and thinks 3 bottles per is an insult

There seems to be some misinterpretation here. Haggling is still going on, what Tabby offered and Cirno refused was 3 ore to 1 bottle.
>> No. 151140
Lets bring it down to five bottles per ore. But first we need Cirno to bring it down to six herself before goin up to five. So first lets make it four per ore.
>> No. 151141
>>151140

...

You, uh, do realize the smith only charges 10 silver per unit to use her stocks, right?

And that the bottles of ale are 3 silver apiece?
>> No. 151142
I had a look at the sheet, but it didn't say. How many bottles are in a cask? If we buy in bulk, we might profit. Of course, that's only if Yuugi does give a bulk discount, I'd guess she does since it's an option after all.
>> No. 151143
>>151142
Casks hold a bit more than their cost-equivalent in bottles, but not enough to matter here. Yuugi brought it up during the Lily meeting.

While Cirno's open to haggling, Tabby doesn't have the charisma(or the influence) to push the price down to a point where she isn't losing money on the deal. Best to just let it drop.


Oh, and as for getting a discount on Yuugi's stuff? Tabby already has one. That's what that column is for. And that was off of a freak success on a Cha roll, so it's not going to get any better than that.
>> No. 151145
Fixed the sheet, amounts are listed compared to bottles, now. Could have sworn I'd mentioned this before, but looking back, nope. Unless I'm missing it.

Short of it, bottles are equal in volume, ale and wine.

A wine cask contains about the same amount of wine as eight bottles would.

An ale cask is a bit larger than even that, and contains the same amount of ale as ten bottles would.

Hard numbers, enjoy.
>> No. 151146
So, with the new info...

20 silver per cask gives us 10 bottles worth of Ale, while 10 bottles usualy cost 30 silver.

A cask for 1 ore is a waste. For 2 ore, half profit, half loss. A cask for 2 ores means a 1:5 ore/bottle ratio. Normally 30 silver for 2 ores, but 20 silver for 2 ores if we give a cask.

Still, each ore would cost 10 silver, while we can just buy the metal from the smith for the same price. Single metal unit equipment stays the same, multiple metal unit equipment might become slightly cheaper. Suitable profit comes from 3+ ores per cask.

However, we don't know if we will have to refine the ore into metal, and if that would cost us any money.
>> No. 151148
>>151146

Oops, just reviewed the smith's prices. Copper has x1 Modifier. Equipment which require more than 1 copper unit suffers no difference from 2:1 (cask), since the material costs a fixed 10.

Bronze, however, would benefit from this, since it's multiplier is x1.5, making each unit cost more than the normal 12.
>> No. 151150
[x] Respectfully decline the offer, end the meeting as soon as is polite, and leave Cirno with some of the bottles of wine as a gesture of goodwill.
[x] Go read Giant Spider so we can start properly exploring the lower tunnels.

Even if Tabby were capable of haggling -- that is, even if she had enough Charisma and Perception not to suck at it -- I'm not convinced Cirno could be talked down to something in our price range.

>>151107
Now this, I kind of like, if it's a one-time thing... but, yeah, Cha 1 negotiation. Alas, I must reluctantly decline.

>>151146
>However, we don't know if we will have to refine the ore into metal, and if that would cost us any money.
Ouch. That too.
>> No. 151152
>>151150
I've been wondering about the whole refining process myself, as well as what it would cost to get copper and iron alloyed up to brass and steel. Should hunt down a... foundry, I think? But yeah, need to check on it at some point down the line. Might also be able to get materials for a bit less. Or period, thinking on it, as the smith isn't interested in selling any of her stock raw.


As for the berries and whatnot, more just a thought than anything else. Declining politely and giving her yet more ale for her time should be fine. As for books, either Spider or Calculus would be good starting points; hoping the next couple of days are somewhat quiet so she can start chewing through the stacks, but we all know how likely that is.

On an aside, I imagine Lily would be a bit more receptive to trades. After all, she needs to get funding for her projects from somewhere. Wonder what Pirate fairies would be like. Dual-wielding swords, perhaps? Need to hunt down that other Tailor soon, maybe go pick up directions if the vote goes for hunting down Sakura tomorrow.
>> No. 151159
>>151152
>Pirate fairies

Oh, that's gonna help us in trading Ale for something good. I hope she manages to train them soon.
>> No. 151162
>>151159
See >>149222 Second to last paragraph.
>> No. 151165
>>151162

I think you missed my point. I'm saying that trading Ale with Lily would probably be easier if she already had pirates. Which she doesn't have yet.
>> No. 151168
Don't pirates drink rum?
>> No. 151174
>>151168
Pirates like alcohol in general.
Rum was just what they had most of.
Why is the rum gone?
>> No. 151175
>>151174
5:8:5, sooo close!
>> No. 151178
>>151139
Did anyone read this? They're making quite the confusion here.

[x] Sorry I think I said something wrong there. It was 2 bottles per ore, not the other way around
-[x] Take it up to 3 if she still disagrees.
>> No. 151179
>>151175
That's not even what I was going for, but that totally rocks. Let me revise that.

They like drinks, 'nuff said.
Rum is just what they had most.
Why is the rum gone?


Haiku?
>> No. 151180
File 132417680697.png - (118.84KB , 493x623 , 32d1ad8b6666a5d9bb34f0aa8395260d.png ) [iqdb]
151180
"In that case..... Never mind." Tabuki said, stiffly.

This was just the start of haggling, and both sides knew it, but bringing it down to an acceptable level for both would require time and effort that she didn't want to put into it. She could, maybe, get it down to three bottles per ore at this rate. Possibly two per ore if she threw in something nice...

But she simply didn't want to do something like that. There was no way she was going to so much as let on that she had that robe unless absolutely necessary, and she really didn't feel like binding anything for an opponent. Switching to casks and letting the fairy guess at volume ratios might be good enough to confuse her and get in a better deal, but it wasn't a guaranteed thing either. Better to just let it drop.

Cirno didn't seem to think so, as her eyes widened in surprise, then narrowed.

".... Geeze." She grumbled. "If you weren't that interested, why did you bring it up in the first place, idiot?"

"As I said. There are other veins of ore, and this discussion is becoming... troublesome."

"We'd barely started 'discussing' things." Cirno shot back. "Don't blame me for neither of us wanting to bend over for the other right away."

"In any case, I suppose this discussion has drawn to its conclusion." Tabuki said, ignoring Cirno's complaints. I'll have Bellflower escort you back to your territory, when you've finished your drink. Yuugi, another two bottles for my guest."

The oni waved, even as Cirno's face darkened a little. Then she took another swig of the ale.

"What. You think I'm going to be happy about you jerking me around, getting my attention about something and pulling out halfway, the second you figure out I'm not just going to do whatever you want for no reason, just because you're gonna throw a little more booze at me?"

"A gesture of goodwill." Tabuki said, offhand.

"Yeah, that's what you say." Cirno said, flatly. "I'm impressed, though. Every time I think you can't possibly screw up one of our little talks, you manage to do it anyway. Good job. But I'll take the booze anyway, whether you mean it or whether it's just a distraction bribe. If you want something from me, though, you better bring something nice to the table, next time."

"I'll keep that in mind." Tabuki replied with a frown.

She'd already paid for the bottles, and made it halfway back to the palace with an authorized scrip for Satori, who was apparently the person who paid out rewards for this sort of thing, before she realized that in her frustration she had forgotten entirely to bring up the matter of a surface excursion. It took her a couple of deep breaths before she could continue on.

By the time she made it back, her forces had returned... many in less than stellar condition. A quick search found Meira limping down a hall towards a bathing room, hand on the wall to keep herself upright, Emerald floating nearby. The swordswoman is covered in thick slime, and not so much 'dressed' as 'she has a few tattered shreds of cloth still stuck to the goop caked on her skin'. She doesn't seem to be in a terribly good mood.

"It couldn't have actually swallowed you until you stopped fighting it, though." Emerald points out.

"I am well aware of this." Meira grinds out.

"There's some that enjoy letting-"

"I care nothing for bizarre fetishes. It was attempting to find some wound to slip through, and pull organs out." Meira says, through grit teeth. "And it had multiple appendages to work with, while the others kept my limbs pinned. I am tired. And sore. It has been a long time since I last had to bite anything to death. I don't think it'll be easy to get the taste out."

... It sounds like things didn't go exactly as planned.

---

-6 silvers = 82 current silvers

[ ] Action?
>> No. 151181
>Gained three points from directness and not jerking her around...
>And then lost four by jerking her around, calling off negotiations after getting her a little interested

Just to let you guys now. You're a bunch of fags.

[x] Check Meira's conditions. Have someone tend to her wounds and help her clean herself. She will be staying out of battle for some time.
[x] Bind an earth spirit to a France's spiked gauntlet.
[x] Go search for Sakura, if there is time. If not, go read Introduction to Mathematical Finance.
>> No. 151182
This is my favorite 1 Cha simulator.
>> No. 151183
Without the bribe to dull the sting, it would have been six, and pushed her from 'Mild' to 'Strong' dislike of you.

But that's what happened, yes.
>> No. 151186
[x] Check Meira's conditions. Have someone tend to her wounds and help her clean herself. She will be staying out of battle for some time.
[x] Bind a fire spirit to Honey Mints PM rod
Honey Mints is a fire flinger and a fire spirit will likely add a secondary bonus for her.
[x] See of any fairies want to be a Negotiator, then try and work a deal with the Negotiator for her freedom in exchange for lessons for both the chosen fairy and Tabuki.
At the very least having someone else to do the haggling, instead of Tabuki, could not hurt.
[x] Send the other fairies out into the city they are to search the city. They are to report on the places of shop’s and any other note worth places in the city, and try and find Sakura, and arrange a meeting with her in the afternoon.
I believe less than two hours have past since the start of the day, so this shouldn’t be a problem.
>> No. 151188
>>151185
Earth is pretty much everywhere. Need to take a trip to the Hells if you want Fire and Spirit.

[x]Ask Emerald if she can get Meira something to drink. And a fresh set of clothing for Meira, if she had any spares.
[x]While she's away, quietly help Meira to the bathing room. If she wants to talk, that's fine, otherwise just help her get there.
[x]Once she's there and settled in, go have a chat with Satori; you have a scrip to turn in and, perhaps, a book to read. Ask Satori for advice on Meira while you're there, it sounds like she had a rather ugly day and you're not really sure how to help her right now. If Meira only had that one set of clothing, you might need talk to her to arrange for replacements.
[x]Ask Satori if she has any suggested reading, otherwise go with Calculus if you don't already know it. If you do... Eh, I'll leave this open for now, there's a lot of books that look potentially useful.
[x]Bind an Earth spirit to something, you don't feel like slogging all the way out to the Hells for a different type right now.
>> No. 151189
In the end, I guess we collectively have 1 Charisma as well. Huh.
>> No. 151190
You fucking retards what did you think was gonna happen if you just cut off negotiations there.
>> No. 151191
Look we need to stop pulling this shit and go to satori and ask her if she can teach us how to handle these things better or we need to get the negotiator working for us one of the two I am tired of pissing off people just because we suck at talking.
>> No. 151192
[x] Check Meira's conditions. Have someone tend to her wounds and help her clean herself. She will be staying out of battle for some time.
[X] Bind a earth spirit to Barrier-chan.
[x] Go search for Sakura, if there is time. If not, go read Introduction to Mathematical Finance

I wonder...
>> No. 151193
>>151190
>>151189

It's kind of cute how anon think they can ignore the fact that Tabby has 1 charisma. Negotiations/social situations are never going to turn out in our favor, so stop trying to cheat the system.

Tabby is stubborn, rude, and bone-headed, so if a vote looks like it's going to require more than 1 charisma, don't be angry if Tabby fucks it up.
>> No. 151194
>>151190
>>151191

It's how Anon works. If it doesn't involve our dick in any way, it's 'We get it soon' or 'It's impossible to get'
>> No. 151196
>>151193
What? There's "we don't stand a chance at making this work, so bail", and there's "well, let's humor her for a bit and see if we can't get anything better, otherwise no"

The second one would have probably netted us some influence, even with our abysmal charisma. Remember, Cirno isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack.

Instead, we just backed out of it without even -thinking-. Blargh. Maybe I should start voting. METAL GEAR DEADY DO IT KAHI
>> No. 151197
>>151193
But the problem is you guys aren't even trying. By quitting negotiations halfway, because we apparently have only 1 Cha and nothing is going to ever work ever, we lost influence with Cirno. It simply becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.
>> No. 151201
>>151197

Would you vote to have a fist fight with Cirno for better prices? Or to arm wrestle Yuugi for better prices? Of course not. Both of those seem ridiculous to even attempt.

Anon who are used to staying in character in terms of stat builds feel the same way about Tabby personally engaging in negotiations.

Anon who may not have such experience are getting angry because they aren't used to having their well thought-out and meticulous votes filtered through Tabby's 1 charisma.
>> No. 151202
>>151201
Tabby is stubborn, rude, boneheaded and does not how to deal with people. However, I never pegged her as someone who would give up halfway. In a losing fight with Lily, rather than fleeing while Lily was distracted with Parsee, she attacked first. To me, while the negotiations will fail, she would never quit halfway. Rather, she would keep on insisting on the same price without budging., bulldozing her way through. But then again, your mileage may vary.
>> No. 151204
>>151201
Charisma is social skills. We aren't dumb. We may not know what to say to get people to like us, be we shouldn't be doing obviously bad things, like cutting of negotiations early with somebody who ALREADY TOLD US they didn't like such a thing happening.

Instead, we cause a cave in, or back off from a possible deal. These aren't things dominated by charisma, but by intelligence. I hope we don't make the same mistake next time.
>> No. 151205
>>151204
Nah, they're dominated by wisdom. There's no stat for sound judgment because it varies so wildly depending on the votes.

As for Charisma, it determines presentation. Not substance. You don't need to be a good salesman to sell someone a good deal.
>> No. 151206
I think we should stop trying with diplomacy or plotting behind our enemies backs and just go for a frontal attack instead.
Or leave the whole diplomacy to a fairy who has actually 2 Cha.
>> No. 151208
>>151193

Are you stupid, or something? So what Tabby has 1 charisma? That doesn't mean things will go bad. Heck, there was no reason to even roll charisma in the negotiations.

Charisma isn't everything. While it could help us if we ever did a mirabulous speech to try to convince someone to join our cause, it was useless in this situation.

It also doesn't matter how low/high a stat is when the problem lies not in the character, but in the readers/voters. Was it the low charisma's fault that we lost influence with Cirno again? Was it the reason we gained influence before losing it again? Fuck, no. It was because faggots like you decided to act like retards when we could have kept trying to get something out of Cirno. Hell, better to fail a negotiation and earn respect than failing and losing respect.

Another example of voter stupidity: Remember Parsee? Do you think she disliked Tabby because of charisma, or because of the fucking fire to the face? And right after that, a critical fail in a charisma roll actually helped to recover influence with her.
>> No. 151209
>>151208
The Parsee case is kind of a bad example, as it did net us a fairly big amount of influence from Lily. Also did the critical fail help us in any way? I thought it was the alcohol that fixed our relations with Parsee.
>> No. 151210
>>151208
Exactly this. A proper haggle doesn't come to a conclusion until one party has explicitly consigned the other's ill wife, disabled baby and unborn children to lives of abject poverty with the deal both have just made.

Entering negotiations without the will to conclude them is just rude.
>> No. 151211
>>151208
Exactly this. A proper haggle doesn't come to a conclusion until one party has explicitly consigned the other's ill wife, disabled baby and unborn children to lives of abject poverty with the deal both have just made.

Entering negotiations without the will to conclude them is just rude.
>> No. 151212
>>151209
>I thought it was the alcohol that fixed our relations with Parsee.

The failed roll resulted in an accidental invitation to drink. So yeah, I's say the roll helped considerably.
>> No. 151213
It's my opinion that situation was not entirely fair. I am guessing a great deal of anon was rushing the negotiations because we got an update in the middle of it telling is that Meira had almost died. There is no way for tabby to have known that and gotten distracted by it. We however did know and I believe that's what caused us to rush to conclude the deal as quickly as possible. You have effectively smacked us for meta-gaming Kahi so I ask that you make it that Crino doesn't remember this in the future so it does not muck up any further negotiations.
>> No. 151214
>>151213
What? We made a mistake and we got smacked for it. Be a man and take it without trying to shift the blame around to the author, anyone else or the situation itself.
>> No. 151215
>>151212
Our intent were to invite them both to an after fight drinking party, the failed roll just caused them to knock us out first due to some unfortunate wording.
>> No. 151216
>>151215

Are you sure about that?
>"Wait... wait! That wasn't an invitation!" Tabuki insists, suddenly extremely worried.

Quoted from >>148597
>>151213

You couldn't be more wrong even if you tried. Meira and the battles had nothing to do with anything. People rushed the negotiations to end ebcause they are hopeless pessimists who cry over a min/maxed build.
>> No. 151217
>>151216
Check the vote:"[x]Note that, as you're probably going to be the first one out, the ale's on you over at Yuugi's.(Keep dodging)"

What she is refering to is that it isn't an invitation to knock her out first.
>> No. 151220
Well, let's see...

On one hand: -1 Cirno/Dai rep, and Meria's off of active duty for a bit.

On the other: Chunk of cash from the squids, another unknown reward from Satori once the scrip is turned in, and, hopefully, a chance to get some reading done.

Also managed to avoid losing huge chunks of influence by trying to call Yuugi off the squid for stupid and/or selfish reasons, and managed to keep Tabby from committing suicide by mountain-sized cave squid. And didn't lose Meira outright(along with a large portion of the squid corpses) by trying to make them attack while the Queen was still up.

All in all, the day could have gone worse.


>>151202
The other option wasn't to flee, it was to relocate the fight so the lush could sleep off her hangover in peace.
>> No. 151223
I'm one of the guys that voted for stopping negotiations. I dunno about the others, but I voted like that because I thought Cirno wasn't even considering the possibility of going near two or three bottles per ore.

In the future, we might want to look into some way of finding out what our negotiation partners are actually willing to accept, though I'm unsure whether that would fall under the perception stat or if we should find some sort of salesman and have him give us some pointers. Such a thing would also, in my opinion, have helped the first time we met Cirno, when we didn't know she wasn't about to invade us and just wanted some gifts.
>> No. 151226
File 132424203868.jpg - (53.43KB , 423x297 , u-mad.jpg ) [iqdb]
151226
>>151213
>>151214
>>151215
>>151216
>>151217
>>151223

are you... because I am. For voting stupidly. We didn't think it through but hey we'll know better next time right
>> No. 151227
>>151226
Mad? Why? As >>151220 noted, today has been a great success.
>> No. 151228
>>151227

And it's only a matter of time before you guys fuck up and get us killed.
>> No. 151229
>>151228
Hah, we have survived for about 8 months. That’s more than a lot of stories in here.
>> No. 151230
[x] >>151188, except:
- [x] Read Spider or Calculus.
- [x] Bind the earth spirit into any pot-metal weapon. (And certainly not into Barrier-chan, at least not yet.)

I agree that we need Calculus badly, but we also want Spider immediately in order to advance through Tunnels V and VI. (That just means my ranking is 1. Spider 2. Calculus 3. everything else, though.)

>>151180
Sure, Cirno, and we're supposed to know what you consider "good"... how, exactly? I guess it's nice to know she continues to suck at this about as much as we do.

>>151186
> [ ] See of any fairies want to be a Negotiator, then try and work a deal with the Negotiator for her freedom in exchange for lessons for both the chosen fairy and Tabuki.
> At the very least having someone else to do the haggling, instead of Tabuki, could not hurt.
It might, if the negotiator actively sabotages the lessons. Which she totally will, if she can.

>>151189
... and this surprises you?

>>151213
>I am guessing a great deal of anon was rushing the negotiations because we got an update in the middle of it telling is that Meira had almost died.
I see no evidence for this proposition, and a great deal of evidence against it -- Meira was not mentioned even once in several pages' worth of the most recent argument.

>>151205
It is a sad and painful fact of life that you do have to be at least a decent salesman to sell someone a good deal.

...

And, y'know, it's already been established that this Cirno is a braggart and a bully. She's not really interested in making fair deals -- she's interested in asserting her dominance over us. The only way we could have gotten anything out of her would be to convince her that she was screwing us over somehow in the process.

I'm afraid you can count me firmly in the 'We should never have started negotiations with Cirno in the first place' camp.
>> No. 151231
>>151227
>today has been a great success.

No, it hasn't. It was almost a catastrophic failure, with meira almost dieing and getting nothing from Cirno.

A great success would have been if we mantained at least the small respect we earned from Cirno before losing it for being cowardly and making the negotiation bear fruits. The rest was common things to be expected.
>> No. 151232
>>151231
Eh, I had this whole day classified as potentially huge failure after the current battle plan won. Since that went far better than expected it turned this day into a huge success as far as I am concerned.
>> No. 151233
>>151230
>Calculus

So, I'm not a fan of math and etc, but since Tabby has 9 INT, wouldn't this book be...I don't know, redundant, or something? Now, I have no idea what calculus is really for (I'm guessing it's just mathematical operations), but wouldn't Finance be better?


>'We should never have started negotiations with Cirno in the first place'

This would definetly have been better than what actually ahppened. Cutting the negotiations so early was the worst we could have done. Well, besides paying 3+ bottles per ore, which would be a complete waste of money.
>> No. 151234
>>151233
>So, I'm not a fan of math and etc, but since Tabby has 9 INT, wouldn't this book be...I don't know, redundant, or something? Now, I have no idea what calculus is really for (I'm guessing it's just mathematical operations), but wouldn't Finance be better?

Allow me to assure you as someone who knows calculus (and has had to use it at work) that, no, it really, really isn't redundant. We couldn't get full use out of Relativity specifically because we didn't know calculus, and we might have to reread it again after learning calculus to fully grok it.

If the book's title were just "Finance" I'd agree -- calculus would be overkill -- but with a title like "An Elementary Introduction to Mathematical Finance"? Notsomuch.
>> No. 151235
>>151234
It’s a long time since I had calculus, and I can’t really remember a lot of the concepts, but I know integrals are important in physics so it couldn’t hurt. You have my vote sir!

[x] >>151188, except:
- [x] Read Spider or Calculus.
- [x] Bind the earth spirit into any pot-metal weapon. (And certainly not into Barrier-chan, at least not yet.)
>> No. 151237
On the off chance BARRIER counts as physical enough to be a valid Binding target it'd still be an animate object, and thus out of reach at Tabby's current skill level.

And yeah, Calculus is going to be mandatory for higher-end physics. Parts of it might help if she ever gains access to danmaku. And she'll need every last thing she can get if she ever wants that Adamantine Magitech Powered Armor. Or maybe just make a giant robot and curbstomp the surface fairies. I dunno.
>> No. 151238
[X] Sakura GET THE HEALER NOW!

why are you people so against this we need her now more then ever. It's always go to satori Satori has already stated that she can not help with healing
>> No. 151239
>>151238
Welcome to THP. The rules thread is at >>/gensokyo/6052, please read it.

Additionally, in the future, please take the time to proofread before posting.
>> No. 151240
>>151238
>It's always go to satori Satori has already stated that she can not help with healing

Uhh, no? Various things with higher priority have happened, that's all.

Also, for fuck's sake, LEARN TO TYPE.
>> No. 151242
>>151181
it's /th/, what else did you expect? Especially with a crowd that's as neckbeard as Demetrious's readers, but not even half as smart.

We're lucky things didn't go totally pear shape, instead going rather pear shaped.

>>151240
Yeah Satori said she can't do extensive healing and not for free. There's no shame in paying Satori a few slivers to stablize Meira.
>> No. 151244
>Especially with a crowd that's as neckbeard as Demetrious's readers, but not even half as smart.

Stop that. Just because tehre are stupid people, does not mean that everyone, or even most, is. Sometimes people just make errors.
>> No. 151248
>>151227
Just to clarify: I wasn't saying the day went swimmingly, just that it went decently well compared to what would have happened if the really bad ideas had actually gone through.
>> No. 151249
>>151242
I agree, people in /th/ are pretty stupid. Specially me. And you.
And yeah, things could have gone worse. But they could've gone far better too. Quitting negotiations because our character usually screws up caused her to screw up. There's no escape: only blind luck that we never seem to have. Not to add to the general negativism but not talking at all can't be worse than this.
>Cirno isn't exactly the brightest bulb in the pack.
I don't see why you guys say this. Besides a little over-enthusiasm, she hasn't done or said anything that shows her intelligence as anything below normal.

[x]>>151235
As for searching for Sakura, I don't think there's enough time to do anything but a fruitless search.
>> No. 151251
>>151239

I am getting tired of seeing this. People are allowed to type however they would like here. Bad typists simply get mocked. So please stop posting that, it's gotten old.
>> No. 151257
>>151248
I know, but people seriously need to reevaluate their expectations of what anon is capable of doing. We didn’t lose anything permanent, except for -1 influence with Cirno, and we gained huge piles of cash. This constitutes a victory in my eyes.

>>all
There is something that’s starting to irritate me though. If you look at the discussion before we ended negotiations, there was no one worried about us loosing influence by cutting the negotiations short. Now, after the fact, people are coming out of the woodwork to proclaim the stupidity of anon and how they totally saw this coming. If you saw this coming, why didn’t you speak up about it!? We have this trend that anytime something negative happens a bunch of guys spews the same old lines of how th/anon are a bunch of idiots/neckbeards/fags/ etc.

If you have reservations against a vote you need to voice your concerns before it gets chosen, preferably with an argument backed by logic and/or evidence. Do not start whining like children after the update has been written and it becomes clear, even for the “idiots”, that it was a bad idea.
>> No. 151267
Can someone please explain to me WHY IN THE BLEEDING FUCK WE DIDN'T GAVE HER THE INFO ABOUT LUNA ?!

God, prime info and we've done NOTHING with it. Now it's DEFINITELY useless.
>> No. 151268
>>151267

Can you explain why in the bleeding fuck you didn't suggest it in a vote so you could proactivly contribute to the story instead of complaining?
>> No. 151269
At least that whole shitstorm has the positive effect that the threads fill up sooner and we get Kahi to give us infos at the end sooner.

Keep up the good work. We should really get infos on Sakura and finally get her for fucks sake.
>> No. 151270
>>151268
I did in >>151079 and then argued for it some more in >>151121 (tough admittedly, this time it wasn't actually a vote) and got ignored both times. So your "Why didn't you said anything ?" bullshit ? You can shove it.
>> No. 151278
>[x]While she's away, quietly help Meira to the bathing room. If she wants to talk, that's fine, otherwise just help her get there.

A bottle sized doll carrying an adult human?
>> No. 151284
>>151278
Gravity control~
>> No. 151291
File 13243481522.jpg - (108.06KB , 494x800 , bac827e6c3342333f4987d61cdd36293.jpg ) [iqdb]
151291
"Emerald... if you could get something for Meira to drink?" Tabuki asks. "And see about new clothes. Did Satori offer multiple garments, or-"

"Just these." Meira interrupts.

"I see. Well, notify her in any case." Tabuki instructs, shaking her head as the fairy flits away. "Is there something I can do to assist..."

"I much doubt it." Meira says, glancing down towards her.

Tabuki wordlessly lightens the pull of gravity, but the swordswoman only chuckles wryly in response.

"That doesn't help." She says, continuing to stagger along. "It's not exhaustion, or a matter of weight. Being a little lighter doesn't change being sore to the point where it hurts just to move at all."

She shakes her head as she fumbles the door to the baths open.

"You need not concern yourself with this, however. I'll be prepared for battle again in the morning, and I'm sure some sort of covering can be arranged." She says, setting her sword very carefully down beside a bath.

"No. I think I do need to worry. You can hardly walk right now." Tabuki stubbornly insists.

"The soreness will pass." Meira says, dismissively, filling a bucket with water and rinsing the goo away, wincing a bit as pained muscles made their complaints.

"But you won't be fully healed in the morning. Just able to fight like normal, but only for a little while." Tabuki argues. "If something like this happens again, you could die! What happened out there?"

Meira grunts as she slides down into the steaming water, then stares at the ceiling for a moment.

"Overconfidence." She says, after a moment. "Orders were to kill the squid as quickly as possible, focusing on the smallest first was more efficient that way. But I lost track of the big one for just a moment. Long enough for it to slam into me from the side."

She shakes her head.

"Orders were to rescue any captured by the tongue, or devoured by smaller squid, immediately. I was too large for it to easily consume, however, and so focus went towards freeing those who were not. There was little opportunity to call for assistance, especially when a smaller one latched on to my head. No room to swing my blade, either, even if I had kept hold of it."

"I imagine it would have been difficult to cry out, yes." Satori agrees, slipping into the room. "Given that your mouth was otherwise occupied. Remarkable that you actually bit and chewed it to death."

"Not easy." Meira grunts. "Was trying to find wounds to shove itself through, get ahold of insides and pull them out. Figured out quickly that my mouth was a bad idea, and nose and ears were too small to get into, aside from being too close to my teeth."

"Yes, fortunate you had no actual open wounds for it to take advantage of." Satori says shortly. "Your level of discomfort seems to be expected, for such a situation, though you are less distressed than could be considered normal."

Meira snorts, and Satori frowns.

"Yes, you did kill it. It was a near thing, however. Had matters gone much worse, however, you would have had to hope that someone could cut into its stomach, or that you could chew your way out from there. Moving along to injuries... I see. Yes, I suppose athletic activity does sometimes cause that. You don't seem much bothered by it. Still capable of walking: there's probably no serious damage. If you discover blood somewhere or somewhen it isn't meant to be, however, I advise you alert someone immediately. Some risk of infection arises, which would be a serious complication-"

"Eh... I don't understand what..." Tabuki interrupts, unable to piece the half-conversation into coherence.

"Unimportant. If she wishes to tell you, you can hear it from her, directly. Do you have some other matter to concern yourself with?" Satori asks, dryly. "... Yes, there is a reward. Bring the scrip to me shortly, I'll have it prepared. I would advise dealing with the weapon-matter first. As for you, pain medication can be prepared from certain cave-mosses. I'll have some prepared along with another robe. It will taste horrific, but at the very least it should remove the final traces of squid-flavor from your throat."

Meira grumbles to herself and lowers into the bath to the point that her nose is just barely above the steaming water, as Satori sees herself out.

"... I don't know that you'll be ready for battle in the morning." Tabuki says. "Maybe some bed-rest would be better."

"Do I look like i'm made of glass?" The swordswoman answers, rising up a little from the water and drawing attention to a few of her many scars. "I'm hurt. I'm not dead."

"And that's how I want to keep it!" Tabuki snapped back, before pausing to rub at her temple. "Not... hurt, but... you know what I'm saying. If I have to order you to stay in bed for a few days, in order to be sure you aren't going to die if something goes wrong, like it did today, then-"

"That's your decision, of course." Meira says, sagging back into the water. "Do as you please."

After a long moment of silence, Tabuki turns and leaves. She grabs the first fairy she sees after that by the ear, and drags them into a side-room.

"Weapon. Now." She demands, as the brawler hastily tugs her gauntlets off. It's just a moment of focus after that, and a tiny hint of the element surrounding the area is drawn away, floating first between her hands, and then into the metal. It shimmers for a moment, before settling down.

Spike PM Gauntlets -> Spike PM Gauntlets of Minor Defense

Tabuki rises after a moment, leaving the fairy to re-claim her weapons as, calmed somewhat, she heads for the library. Satori is waiting, and by this time has a small satchel prepared at her side. She holds out a hand expectantly, and Tabuki turns over the scrip. Satori skims through it before setting it aside.

"You will understand that the reward is not particularly large." She explains. "As the intent is not to have people constantly searching for these things, but to leave immediately and report their findings should they happen across one. Even so, one hundred silvers in bounty."

Tabuki is a little surprised. At estimation... that's as much as she'd have earned from clearing out either of the areas she had claimed.

"I believe you had something else on your mind as well?" Satori says, arching an eyebrow.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 151293
[x] "Yes, I have, and more than one. Though I don't know which one to do first. So many things, so little time."
[x] "I guess for now I just read another book. And give Meira a day or two to rest, or at least stay out of battle."
[x] "By the way, if I may inquire? Just curiosity about something you have mentioned when we met. You said you have a sister, but ever sine I've been...concious, I haven't met her yet."
[x] Read Calculus.

So, earth spirit gives a hp boost. Minor spirit gave +2 hp, nice. We will have to bind a fire/evil spirit tomorrow, or the day after. Actually, whenever we go talk to Orin about the territory she is in is a good time to try other bindings.

Also, I think it's time to ask about Koishi.
>> No. 151297
[x] "I guess for now I just read another book. And give Meira a day or two to rest, or at least stay out of battle."
[x] "By the way, if I may inquire? Just curiosity about something you have mentioned when we met. You said you have a sister, but ever sine I've been...concious, I haven't met her yet."
[X] Read Calculus.
[X] Invite the fairies to a get well soon party for Meira tommarow.

What? War-time isn't all about battles an dying. we need to interact with the masses some more. Or perhaps I should say the plebeians to keep in spirit with one charisma.
>> No. 151298
[x]Thank Satori for the assistance.
[x]Ask if Meira would be able to, say, train a fairy or two in proper sword usage in the next few days without complicating her injuries. Well, assuming she'd go for it, at least. She wanted to go right back out there fighting even in her current state, so you have to assume she wants to avoid being idle at all costs.
[x]Having a bit of quiet time to actually get some reading done feels like a rare thing these days, you may as well make the most of it.
-[x]Calculus if needed, otherwise go hit Basic Atomic Theorems so you can make more sense out of the stuff you read in that other science book.
>> No. 151300
[X] Thank Satori
[x] "Yes, I have, and more than one. Though I don't know which one to do first. So many things, so little time."
[x] "So I guess for now I'll just read another book."
[x]Calculus first, and if any time leftover make a start on Basic Atomic Theorems.
[X] Make sure Meira gets at least a day rest from full combat, preferably two or even three. If she can manage any sword training or whatever while not agravating her injuries, all the better, but her health is higher priority.
>> No. 151301
>"And that's how I want to keep it!" Tabuki snapped back, before pausing to rub at her temple. "Not... hurt, but... you know what I'm saying. If I have to order you to stay in bed for a few days, in order to be sure you aren't going to die if something goes wrong, like it did today, then-"
Poor Tabuki, she just wants to help. She's just so clumsy.
>> No. 151304
It occurs to me that, technically, Tabby's being a little hypocritical -- she went out to the smith's while ill, but won't let Meira go out in similar condition.

... I don't actually have a problem with that, but we should be aware of the fact.

[x] First, thank Satori for her assistance with Meira.
- [x] Try to figure out how to offer recompense while not offending if none is desired.
[x] Ask if she knows of any books on the creation of mythril et al. in her library.
[x] Read Spider Calculus.

I still think Spider would be better right now, but what the hell, Calc it is.

Also, I understood that half-conversation perfectly well. I suspect Tabby will feel utterly terrible if and when she pieces it together.
>> No. 151307
>>151304

After re-reading the passage, now I get it. Wow.

I also have to disagree with you on hypocriticism. We went out with an escort in a relatively peaceful place. Meira goes out with the express purpose of finding giant cave squids and killing them. Totally different story.

Anyway, did our influence with Meira change? I can't recall/record what it was pre-battle, but it's higher than I remember it was a while ago.

[x]Thank Satori for the assistance.
[x]Ask if Meira would be able to, say, train a fairy or two in proper sword usage in the next few days without complicating her injuries. Well, assuming she'd go for it, at least. She wanted to go right back out there fighting even in her current state, so you have to assume she wants to avoid being idle at all costs.
[x]Having a bit of quiet time to actually get some reading done feels like a rare thing these days, you may as well make the most of it.
-[x]Calculus
>> No. 151309
>>151307
Felt pretty obvious given what Emerald was saying before Tabby sent her off.

And I think Meira's influence was 53 before, so a gain of two points.
>> No. 151311
File 132436291854.jpg - (426.59KB , 850x1155 , sample-efd6a811e84e5c216471a3104c185a8c.jpg ) [iqdb]
151311
It's once more closing on autosage time, so while votes can and should continue for plot, it's time to throw bonus votes up too.

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

Rolling for secondary, d4=4. I was just looking through this one, too, for various reasons.

---

Heard of the Faerie Bazaar? All manner of strange things. Held in a place that isn't a place, what only the fae are supposed to be able to get to. Of course, sometimes folk slip through the cracks, and there's those what can come and go anywhere as they please. The getting there's a sight less difficult than's made out to be.

All manner of wonder you'll find there. Calls coming, offering sweet dreams and nightmares alike for trade, exchange of abilities or skills what can be given or lent out at need for memories of a midsummers day. Droplets of bottled sunlight an' tears of a mournful wind, given for the first laugh and first sob of an infant. And any number of odd trinkets and things what the wizards get themselves so excited about, o' course, among less pleasant things. Year an' a day o' a devil's servitude in exchange for an unwanted fourth-born child, and offers what I won't relate.

Ye'll be a lucky man indeed to find a fae what will accept recompense with just simple coin, o' course, and fae themselves aren't the only ones what set up shop. And if ye don't mind yourself, ye'll likely one day find the same faerie what swapped ye a marvelous ring or suchlike taking offers in trade for yourself.

... What, me, lad? I did deign to make a trade, aye. Got a bit more luck than I should have to me name, thanks to it. O' course, haven't been able to smell a blasted thing since bargain was struck. Do miss the flowers, and bein' able t' tell what's cooking without getting into the kitchen, but can't say as I regret it when time comes to be muckin' out stalls, eh?
- Old Thomas, Professional Stablehand.
>> No. 151313
>>151309
I was thinking more along the lines of a being eaten fetish, rather than a... being 'eaten' fetish.

While it's been said that spirits don't give the same thing depending on what they're bound to, based on the exactly one minor spirit we've bound (binded?), it seems like the spirits fit traditional stereotypes. Earth = defense, and the like. Fire would probably be more offense-based, and probably would make the weapon flame-innate, which is good for us against Cirno. Spirit would probably also be effective against ethereal, adding a magic component to physical damage. Of course, we need more SCIENCE before we can say anything for certain.

Any ideas of what's at Catnap Cliffs, other than Rin? The other major battles we've had are with Yuugi, giving us access to her bar/money, and with Parsee, presumably giving us access to her bridge and the surface. Catnap Cliffs, however, is in the middle of nowhere, in an inhospitable place, and is more or less uninhabited. I'd posit it's for either recruiting or healing undead, via Rin, or sort of a transport hub, also via Rin.

On that note, we should probably talk to Rin about healing our undead, especially if further forays into Hell net us more skeletons and other non-fairies. We also need to top off Barrier.

Other observations:
-Deady has finally got Gnashing Maw, making her an even greater force on the battlefield
-We might want to focus on enchanting the higher ranked equipment, as we can only do one a day, and the effect might scale up with equipment (or it might not)
-Can we enchant things other than weapons and armor, such as uniforms, our clothes, the wand of light (beyond light), etc. etc.
-We should get our skeleton something to wield/ask how to get our skeleton something to wield
-Why does Meira heal so much slower than the Lamia? Seriously, relative to HP the lamia heals 3x faster
-What is our next big income thing going to be? I would guess Spiders, because Spidersilk wine. Of course, we might have to read On the Taming of Spiders first, to farm silk, or we could just sell corpses.
-If anyone wants to look at the cost effectiveness of armor, they should. Pot Metal Shields, for example, cost 8 silver, and give 20% more HP to base fairies.
-In regards to WARGAEMS, we should take a minute to look back at some of the old maps. Yes, the Old Hells are shiny and new, but Tunnels 4 has something within one territory (guarded by Sunny's single elite witch, last we checked), Cirno has two average troops and an ice golem blockading us from an entrance to Tunnels 21, and Tunnels 5 and 6 are unclaimed by any sides and relatively unprotected. If we attack, for example, tunnels 5 and 6, we might be able to cover more ground because we can split up our army beyond 2 groups.
-Sakura?

I like to ramble, don't I

[x] Background Information: Kaenbyou Rin
I really don't have anyone I want to hear about, anyplace I want to know about, or anychoice I want to change.
>> No. 151315
File 13243649205.jpg - (176.23KB , 500x707 , dfb2993a2725364f755363b2dc250055.jpg ) [iqdb]
151315
And there's not many requests at the moment, but here they are.

Vanda- wants a Helmet
Indigo- Some kind of sword
Yumiko- Some kind of cape. Preferably swishy, and imposing.
Blackheart- Armor, or a meat-shield. Maybe both.
>> No. 151317
[X] Choice not Taken.

In the first thread, we had a;

>[ ] Subjugate the spider to your will. (Risky) [Mag/Cha or Power/Cha]

How exactly does that work? Does it work on any animal? What happens if only the magic part is successful? If we capture a spider, couldn't we just spam this roll multiple times until we succeed with both magic and charisma? Or at the very least try it once per day?
>> No. 151318
>>151313
>bound (binded?)
No, "bound" is right.

> Catnap Cliffs
What makes you think there's anything there other than Rin?

> we should probably talk to Rin about healing our undead
Seconded. Not for a bit -- we've bothered her enough lately -- but yes.

> various notes about stuff-in-tunnels
Okay, uh.

a) Attacking Cirno right now is a breathtakingly terrible idea.
b) That red oval in IV is just the meeting point from way back when.
c) Tunnels V and VI and spider silk are why I wanted us to read Spider. (Although admittedly I was thinking of spider cavalry rather than spider silk.)

Currently supporting an invasion of the Tunnels IV entrance to LVIII. I'd like to assault the Hells, too, but with Meira out of commission for the day I'm not sure it's feasible and will therefore wait for someone to be numbers!anon.

As for the bonus... let's see how Kahi interprets this:
[x] Advance Scouting Report: The Knowledge Contained In Satori's Library
>> No. 151320
>>151313
Meira's a human while the Lamia is a youkai.
>> No. 151321
>>151318

We already have a meta-knowledge scouting report about The Knowledge Contained In Satori's Library. Check out the book list in thread one.
>> No. 151324
>>151318
>>151313

see >>150682

Catnap Cliffs

[Kaenbyou Rin]- HP ???, Damage ???
Grand Master ZF x4, HP 52, Damage 1d2+12
-Equip: Rusted Iron Breastplate [HP 67]
-Equip: Rusted Iron Sword [Damage 1d2+17]
-Devouring Maw: Unit heals 100% of damage they inflict.
-Unnatural Strength: [Damage 1d3+18]
Master ZF x8, HP 45, Damage 1d2+10
-Gnashing Maw
-Unnatural Strength
Master Scorched Skeleton x2, HP 180, Damage 1d12+20
-Equip: Rusted Iron Breastplate(large) [HP 220]
-Equip: Rusted Iron Knife [Damage 1d12+28]
-Fire Innate 2
Elite Scorched Skeleton x4, HP 150, Damage 1d12+16
-Fire Innate 2
Grand Master Lost Spirit x2, HP 42, Damage 1d12+6
-Draining strike. Unit heals 50% of damage it inflicts
Master Lost Spirit x5, HP 36, Damage 1d10+5
-Drainnig strike. Unit heals 50% of damage it inflicts
Elite Evil Spirit x4, HP 60, Damage 1d2+4
-Pale Puppetmaster: Unit takes only half damage from any source while occupying the body of another. The victim takes damage in full.
Veteran Melee Mooks x6
Veteran Danmaku Mooks x6
>> No. 151327
[x] "Yes, I have, and more than one. Though I don't know which one to do first. So many things, so little time."
[x] "I guess for now I just read another book. And give Meira a day or two to rest, or at least stay out of battle."
[x] "By the way, if I may inquire? Just curiosity about something you have mentioned when we met. You said you have a sister, but ever sine I've been...concious, I haven't met her yet."
[x] Read Calculus, or the spider book.

Let Meira be, for now. We can bother her again tomorrow before heading out.
>> No. 151328
[x] Background information: Negotiator
>> No. 151331
[x] Background Information (Okuu)
[x] Send a someone to acquire more equipment.
-[x] First to Pedro's shop, to buy leather gloves and to check if there are new stuff, specially uniforms. If there are new uniforms, buy 4 of them, with maximum of 2 for the Housemaid uniforms and 3 for the Barmaid Uniforms.
-[x] And then to the smith. Order 2 Copper Rods, a 2H PM Axe, a 2H PM Hammer, a Copper Spear, a Large PM Shield, a Copper Shield and a PM Helmet.

Now, I don't know if we can send someone to buy things right now, since Tabby is talking to Satori and will read a book, it seems, so this may be more of a suggestion for the next turn than a valid vote.

With this shopping list, we fulfill some requests, upgrade the troops and possible our income. Amount of money left may vary from 3 to 51, depending on the avaiability of uniforms. It would be better if we can order these equipment now and have them ready for the next turn, but if not...well, we still have plenty of areas to invade for now, so Hell will be delayed another turn.
>> No. 151333
>>151318
>[x] Advance Scouting Report: The Knowledge Contained In Satori's Library

Book x50, HP 5, Damage Estimation: 0
Magic Book x20 HP: 12 Damage Estimation: 1-2
Magic Grimoire x12 HP: 25 Damage Estimation: 3-4
Old Tomes of Magic x8 HP: 30 Damage Estimation: 5-6
Ancient Tomes of Greater Magic x5 HP: 60 Damage Estimation: 10-15

If not that, then what are you expecting to receive? More books? How about asking Satori about that?

>Wisps and Spirits and all that stuff.

Here's a serious question for you Kahi. Danmaku mooks deal non-lethal damage, but considering Ethereal Beings are already dead/immterial, can DM cause them to fade, since they deal magical damage (danmaku)? Or should we treat them like any other creature and only lethal damage can remove them from combat?

Also, human sized equipment for Ash is the same price listed on the Spreadsheet, or is it more expensive?
>> No. 151339
If memory serves: Every useful book in the library is on the list, but not every book on the list is useful. If you want something not on the list, then hit up Ye Olde Used Bookstore.

My memory is admittedly fuzzy at times, so I could be wrong.
>> No. 151340
Good lord we need a healer
>> No. 151391
Bonus seems to be a multi-way tie at the moment, so let's break it with... hmmmm...

[x]Background Info- Rin

Only reliable source of magic at the moment, might as well get some more info.



I also have to say that the Fairy Bazaar looks... interesting. While I'm leery of making any permanent trades, it does imply that temporary trades are possible, so temporarily swapping out some passives in exchange for Speed Reading for a couple days might prove quite beneficial.
>> No. 151395
>>151391

The question is...where the fuck is the baazar and how do we get Tabby there?

As I see it, this rumour is something for the (possibly still distant) future.
>> No. 151396
Anyone remember how long it took for Beryl and the other Working Fairies/Royal Maids to change classes? It's been quite a while since Deady returned with the Berserk/Miko uniforms. It's been, what, 5 turns or more?
>> No. 151401
File 132452641278.jpg - (401.68KB , 800x1119 , Rin.jpg ) [iqdb]
151401
As a Kasha, her duty is to cart bodies to hell. For this purpose, and because she was both born and became a youkai after the arrangement with the surface was made, she is allowed to come and go as she pleases. Most of the time, however, she prefers to enjoy the warmth of the fire chambers underground, with extended catnaps.

Devoted, in her own way, to both Utsuho and Satori, as her closest friend and owner respectively. Does not have many friends beyond these two. However, bears a strong stubborn streak and feline independence. Can easily convince herself that she knows what is best to do in a situation, even if this isn't the case, and will act accordingly.

Has a respectable level ability with 'Fire' and 'Death' related magics. Not out of particular magical talent, as her magical abilities are actually well on the low side, but simply because the nature of a Kasha is strongly related to these concepts. As such, it comes to her with some degree of relative ease. In spite of significant effort, harbors doubts that she is capable of expanding past these limitations through her own efforts, and jealously covets outside sources that offer either general ability improvement or specific skills that she would otherwise be unable to acquire. Despite this, is more than smart enough to refuse unwise deals.

Is not what could be considered a 'nice' person, despite a generally cheerful demeanor. Will likely find some way to arrange matters to lure or trick someone else into doing her dirty work, and with a few exceptions will affect not to care about the outcome, only throwing personal assistance into matters after being compensated for it. It is difficult to tell these situations apart from those where she honestly has no interest in the outcome, and will only assist after being compensated, or not at all.

Currently occupied with wringing all the secrets and magical understanding she can manage from Kristoph's bound soul. Will soon return, however, to considering other matters. Understands that Satori is not in favor of Utsuho achieving divinity, but personally believes that she can handle it, and wouldn't mind spiting the mountain gods by turning their meddling underground into another competitor for Faith.

Has no interest in getting involved in Faerie turf-disputes unless a specific action directly parallels one of her own goals.
>> No. 151407
Rin how could you we thought you liked us
>> No. 151408
Well that was pretty useless. Should have gone with >>151317
>> No. 151409
[x]Thank Satori for the assistance.
- [x] Try to figure out how to offer recompense while not offending if none is desired.
- [x] Ask if Meira would be able to, say, train a fairy or two in proper sword usage in the next few days without complicating her injuries. Well, assuming she'd go for it, at least. She wanted to go right back out there fighting even in her current state, so you have to assume she wants to avoid being idle at all costs.
- [x] I intend to go out and meet with, Sakura and wanted you to know.
If the last does not happen and a book is instead vote for the book about spiders.
>> No. 151410
>>151408
I think Kahi went over how the whole taming thing went a while back. Can't remember where though.

And just because you didn't get anything out of it doesn't mean the info is useless.
>> No. 151423
If we have time to do some shopping:
[x] Buy 4 spiked pot-metal gloves for the Zombies.(40 silvers)
[x] Buy 9 pot-metal rods for the danmaku mooks.(72 silvers)
[x] Buy 1 pot-metal 2H hammer for Bellflower. (14 silvers)
[x] Buy 2 pot-metal 1H sword for Vanda and the lamia. (16 silvers)
-- Total cost: 142
-- Money left: 184-142 = 42

This should leave most of our fairies equipped with a basic weapon, while still leaving some slots open for upgrades. 2H hammers are less efficient than 2H swords, but I think Bellflower deserves a treat for having saved our life.
>> No. 151424
>>151423
>[x] Buy 4 spiked pot-metal gloves for the Zombies.(40 silvers)

These give +3 attack. While not bad for such cheap weapon, Deady wouldn't benefit much from them. Gnashing Maw heals only half of the damage done, but sine Kahi rounds number down, +3 would give only 1 healing point. It's better to give a weapon wich gives +4 or more, as that will effectively give 2+ healing points.
>> No. 151427
>>151424
Doing it more for show than for what is most effective. Zombies wielding 2H swords just doesn’t sit right with me and copper level gloves are too inefficient. But of course it would be better to equip the Zombies with pot-metal 2H swords.
>> No. 152271
New thread:
>>151438