[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132279184688.png - (555.48KB , 500x750 , b770e197e0b6874debf519cf5a2b93fe5ee1ea5f.png ) [iqdb]
150361 No. 150361
"I hadn't intended to bind him today, simply thin the ranks..." Tabuki hedges.

"And you came personally on just a suicide run? Fun idea, there." Orin replies, quirking an eyebrow.

"I don't intend to fight to the death, here, just to have my troops cut down on his assembly of elementals." Tabuki insists.

"Well, good luck with that, kiddo. He'll just summon more." Orin says dryly, lounging back into a rock.

"Tomorrow, Meira and Emerald will be available again, along with a number of more powerful units." Tabuki continues, trying to ignore Orin's feline disinterest in details she found unimportant. "I can bind him then just as well. And while I'm not exactly averse to exchanging bindings for favors... I'd really rather keep him for myself, this time."

".... That so?" Orin says. Her smile is still just as wide, but somehow seems just a hair less pleasant. "Well, good luck whittling him down on your own, with what you've got. Not gonna be an easy fight. But like you said, can always come back and finish the job tomorrow. Well, assuming he's still around by then, anyway."

Tabuki pauses and frowns.

"... That's not fair bargaining." She accuses. "Forcing my hand like that means that my choices for today are to try to bind him alone, or accept your help and give you what you want... with the strong implication that, no matter what, I won't be able to bind him tomorrow."

"Never said I made a point of playin' fair, or nice. Hells're a dangerous place, kiddo. All kinds of things wandering about what could tear a guy like that into particles and scatter him across the pits. Could come back in a day, might be years 'fore he pulls himself together." Orin almost purrs.

"Yourself high among the number of such dangers..." Tabuki says, eyes narrowing.

"Heeey, now. Did I ever imply that I'd do something like that?" Orin says, faux innocence all over her face. "Though it is getting annoying that he keeps mucking around with the thermostat, while I'm trying to nap. Why, Big Sis could just up an' snap at him any time, over that~"

"You would deny us both the prize, if it can't be yours."

"Oh? Not a forever thing, kiddo. Like I said, he'll be back sooner or later, and it ain't like I'm planning on going anywhere. Maybe I'll have figured things out by the time he shows up again, so I won't need your help." Orin muses. "... But thing is, I want that guy myself. Do you even know what you'll get from binding him? Who's to say that it won't be completely useless to you, and I'm just doing you a favor by taking the junk off your hands?"

"Somehow, I doubt that you'd display interest in something useless." Tabuki points out.

"Oh, who knows? Us cats're fickle at the best of times, ya know?" Orin says, eyes flashing. "I've got a little magpie's treasure trove of shiny things, to be entirely honest. Which is kind of a rare thing, I'll admit~"

"Spare me." Tabuki sighs.

"Oh, but I'm working around to the good bit." Orin insists. "See, I can see you're not interested in jumping for just what's on the table now. So I'll go one step further and throw in a little trinket that I can guarantee you'll get some use out of. As a special favor from Big Sis, and I'll tell you now, I don't like handing out things from my little collection. Or I can switch over an extra couple of your girls to the art of settin' things on fire. But that's as far as I'm stretching, and I won't do both. You can take it, and Big Sis' help, or leave it to try your luck on your own."

[ ] Action?

>> No. 150363
[x]"You drive a hard bargain, and I'm sure you're still going to end on top, but I agree. I guess I just like you"
-[x] Trinket. (Plus all that was said before)
>> No. 150364
[X] Grumble a bit.
[X] ...fine, you have your deal.
[X] Item please.
>> No. 150365
[X] Accept offer (bitch as needed).
-[X] Trinket.
[X] Make sure to remember to get at least of your girls here (Blackheart especially) shifted over to the FF class.
>> No. 150366
File 132279337690.jpg - (105.12KB , 640x640 , Patchouli taking the express route to the underdar.jpg ) [iqdb]
150366
Option A: We try to bind him today, with a small force facing overwhelmingly odds and with a really small chance of binding (and that's assuming not only we win, but we lower his health enough) with no retry: Orin will kill him tomorrow. Success means we have bind a (possibly) useful spirit to our cause.
Option B: Orin helps us in taking him down, earning spoils, more conscripts for the army, a lot of experience for our soldiers, two more FF, a new spell and Orin influence. And all of this is not depending on the small binding success chance.
>> No. 150367
[X] Accept offer (be clear about what happens if you fail at the binding).
-[X] Extra Fire Flingers(The three brought along, fourth is Canreadalot)

Insurance against Cirno.
>> No. 150368
>>150366
Well, there are 14 enemies present, with Kristoph being the only real danger. Tabuki herself can use "Multiple Flame Strike". Each roll can bring us up to ten attacks, and can do up to around 200 or so damage. We have barrier, 12 fairies, 56HP, and 3200MP. No, the only real concerns here are how much HP does Kristoph have, and how much damage do his attacks create. Now what do we know of Kristoph? He summons frost wisps and he lowers the temperature. Therefore, it's likely he's a frost innate. Fire will do more damage than normal to him, but he'll also be able to do more damage to our fire innates.

...fuck, he was put there so that we could potentially gain an advantage against Cirno, wasn't he? Motherfucker!
>> No. 150369
>>150366
Why do you keep assuming it's a small chance of success? Unless there are unforeseen penalties it's a straight magic roll.

[x]Accept the offer. No complaints.
-[x]Trinket... Though if she knows where the Underground's used bookstore is located and can give a decent description of Sakura, you might be willing to take that instead.
[x]If possible, send some of your spare troops to assist the other fights.
>> No. 150371
>>150369
There have been two or so overly cautious (I.E. cowardly) posters in the DQ threads who have treated EVERYTHING as being of life-threatening danger and risk. Fopr example, when we had Tabby walk around a bit while she felt like she might throw up? YOU'LL SEND HER TO HER GRAVE! That sort of shit.

That said, the danger here is her low health (56HP) score at the moment, though her slightly low MP score (of 3200 out of 8100, which would be considered quite high in anyone else) doesn't help matters. The overall problem is the battles Tabby have been getting into as of late are where the enemies have thousands of HP points, and do dozens to hundreds of points of HP damage. We don't have a lot of HP, and we don't have any higher level spells. That is where the danger lies in this battle.
>> No. 150373
>>150371
No need for insults, you had a someone rather frail fresh off of a rather... enthusiastic clobbering with an illness of unknown severity. Caution, in that circumstance, is entirely reasonable.
>> No. 150374
Just as a note, while FFs are good against ice, they also take more damage from ice. So it's not a Pokemon match up, it's just a double-edged sword.
>> No. 150376
So what's going to happen is Rin is going to loloutbalance Kristoph. It's also reasonable to think that she'll keep him busy, though no guarantees about whether she'll take on the others.

I'm not going to do the math for the current match-up. But I think the only longer-term-than-one-turn response would be losing barrier. If Kristoph isn't kept busy, he might be able to do enough damage that we either can't heal it, or, with a bad roll, lose all of our magic. But whether or not Barrier is important enough to risk, I don't know.

Anyway, we should take it. Look at the Shamanistic Binding description: it gives so many things Tabby can't do that she'll have tons to do when she's better at it. In short, we should get practice so we can put our ridiculous magic power into use getting better weapons for our fairies. Fire-infused swords would be good against Cirno's troops, for example.

We also like magical items.

[x] Accept
-[x] Trinket
>> No. 150377
[x] "... unrelatedly... do you know Cirno, by any chance?"
- [x] "Just curious."
[x] Promptly accept regardless of her response.

The question is just fishing. If she knows Cirno, it'll give us some idea of what she thinks about her (and how likely she is to be amenable to being hired to punch Cirno in the face later); if not, well, it'll maybe get her interested in Cirno, and really those two are almost guaranteed to get along like a house on fire. (You know: flames, property damage, people screaming...)
>> No. 150378
[X] Be sure to conduct yourself with all the sublime elegance of one charisma.
[X] Accept offer.
-[X] Trinket.

Also, I think it would be awesome if Blackheart's fire was black. Just sayin
>> No. 150379
[x] Accept
-[x] Trinket

Time like this i really wish you people would have choosen more charisma. Maybe some book that raises it would be a good start. Or get some fairy and train her in the art of negotiation.
>> No. 150380
>>150379

Nah. one charisma is much more interesting. and in the end, ether good end or bad end, that's all that really matters in a story.
>> No. 150382
for reference's sake

>And hey, there's some requests starting to trickle in from the troops~

Akira- Likes her sword well enough, but would prefer one with a bit more heft to it.
Rainy- Would like a set of daggers.
Winter- Thinks weapons are all well and good, but would really prefer a set of good, stompy boots, if possible.
Bernice- Wants armor. Any kind of armor.
Marshmallow- Would like a shield to keep between herself and chompy things, please.
Valkyrie- Wants a spear or an axe.
Virgo- Wants armor. All the armor.
Mimi- Would like one of those silky robes.
The Brawlers- Are fine as things are, but request a bottle of ale.
>> No. 150383
>>150380

sorry friend we are gonna have to agree to disagree More charisma is always a good thing

[X] Accept offer It is traditional for the elder sister to get the better part of deal.
-[X] Trinket.
[x] "... unrelatedly... do you know Cirno, by any chance?"
- [x] "Just curious."
[X] Make sure to remember to get at least of your girls here (Blackheart especially) shifted over to the FF class.

Inquire about purchasing the item off of her at a later date if it does have combat usefulness
>> No. 150385
File 13228292745.jpg - (29.91KB , 389x257 , 1322750965349.jpg ) [iqdb]
150385
>>150371
>There have been two or so overly cautious (I.E. cowardly) posters in the DQ threads who have treated EVERYTHING as being of life-threatening danger and risk.
You mean the guys that decided not to deal with the apprentice last thread? Yeah, I agree. "Oh, cheaper clothes finished faster, we must run away!" Jesus.
>gain an advantage against Cirno
He creates frost wisps who do no damage to Cirno or his troops. How could we gain an advtange with him?
>> No. 150387
[x] "... unrelatedly... do you know Cirno, by any chance?"
- [x] "Just curious."
- [x] Mention the fact an ice fairy Will likely try to make any territories she acquires as cold as possible
[x] Promptly accept regardless of her response.

If Cirno was to reach the hells Orin's thermostat will be stuck on "Deep freeze". This may help twist things in our favor.
>> No. 150389
Eh, there's a world of difference between politely declining the repair job and still getting the dresses off of Pedro and asking him to meet with a bunch of poorly thought out preconditions before brusquely refusing.

I also don't see any point in asking about Cirno, but whatever.
>> No. 150390
[x] "I guess I have no choice then. I will have to bind him today."

Seriously, fuck her. I like Orin, and as appealing as her new offer seems to be, there is no way I'm going to let Kristoph go.
>> No. 150391
>>150385
>Gain an advantage against Cirno
Frost resistance

Anyway, the FF may be better tactically, but they aren't that useful against Cirno -- Cirno's higher ranked troops can just tank their hits, while the FF are too fragile to take Cirno's.

Also bear in mind that Orin, someone who is friendly to us, is willing to give us a trinket that is useful. So it's not going to be a "screw you, this increase MP by 1" thing, it's going to be genuinely helpful. May also help us with necromancy/fire, going with Hell's motif, both of which would be useful.
>> No. 150392
Cirno this, Cirno that. You guys forget tuat Cirno is not the only enemy in this war. Remember Sunny? She seems to be fire aligned, as hinted by Kahi. This is a Free For All match, we will have to fight her and all the others sooner or later.
>> No. 150394
>>150392

Forgot my (obvious) vote, which seems to not have reched the server in my first try.
[x] Refuse. You can deal with Kristoph by yourself if needed. You will bind him today and keep him.

>>150391

Don't mix things up. Just because something is useful does not mean it's worthy. +1 damage is certainly useful, but completely worthless in comparison. Or even worse, it could something only good for fairies!
>> No. 150396
[X] Be sure to conduct yourself with all the sublime elegance of one charisma.
[X] Accept offer.
-[X] Trinket.
>> No. 150397
>>150396
>[X] Be sure to conduct yourself with all the sublime elegance of one charisma.

"Fine, I accept your stupid offer, you damned cat."
>> No. 150398
>>150369
Changing the last line of that vote to:
[x]Ask Orin if she needs you to keep any of your troops around aside from the ones she's going to convert, and if she doesn't have them head off to assist Meira's fight. They might not get there by the time it starts, but hopefully they'll still get there in time to help.
>> No. 150400
[x] "Fine, I accept your stupid offer, you damned cat."
>> No. 150401
[x] Refuse. You can deal with Kristoph by yourself if needed. You will bind him today and keep him.

No. Her price is too high, and we never intended to ask her for any help, we only wanted her opinion.

Kristoph is much more valuable than whatever it is Orin is offering, specially since she has control over what she is giving us.

Kristoph, however, gives a bonus unkown to both, and we can definetly bind him. Yes, we can, stop saying our chances are slim, they re not. He is not a touhou to have shitloads of hitpoints or high stats.
>> No. 150402
>>150401

Your saying it like Orin is actively trying to screw us over. Cat or not, she is friendly with us, by the influence chart. We should be able to rest assured that her gift will be helpful.
>> No. 150403
>>150402

Just how helpful? Will it ever be better than what Kristoph might offer us? We don't know what both of them do, but we know that Kristoph is special, while this trincket wasn't even supposed to brought up.

Fuck you guys. It's Tabby's first binding, and you want to give it away? That's wrong, man.
>> No. 150406
>>150398
You trying to escape from free experience? All troops get the same amount, even if they did jack shit and we're off against a miniboss here.
Then again, they might be needed in that fight, so your choice isn't without some merit. Still, I'm confident the other contingent will win though.
>> No. 150408
From where I'm sitting? Orin's trying to help a friend out of a bad situation, but can't bring herself to do it for free, because that's just not how she rolls. She's fully expecting Tabby to get wrecked if she fights him right now and is offering a way out with no loss of face, and, judging from the 5 point loss in influence, is getting frustrated that Tabby can't take a hint being dropped on her from a great height.


>>150406
And yeah, I figured some backup couldn't hurt.
>> No. 150409
We should also probably say something like about being hard to work with sometimes and that we wish we were a better people person.
>> No. 150410
[X] Accept offer It is traditional for the elder sister to get the better part of deal.
-[X] Trinket.
[x] "... unrelatedly... do you know Cirno, by any chance?"
- [x] "Just curious."
[X] Make sure to remember to get at least a few of your girls here (Blackheart especially) shifted over to the FF class.
>> No. 150411
[X] Jump on that deal. All over it.
-[X] Trinket, preferably one that would assist with one of your weaker areas of expertise. You're fine with whatever though.
[x] "... unrelatedly... do you know Cirno, by any chance?"
- [x] "Just curious."
>> No. 150412
File 132287818298.jpg - (297.21KB , 711x857 , 45db118c24062085501ec83d5ea734567294db2b.jpg ) [iqdb]
150412
".... Fine then, hell-kitten. Have it your way, and I'll take the trinket too."

"Glad you saw sense, nya~" Orin says smugly. "Don't take it too hard, though. Had my eye on this guy for a while, and he wouldn't do that much for you anyway."

"I suppose I'll have to take you at your word for it, there." Tabuki replied grumpily.

"Anyway, the little toy is back in the palace... can take care of that along with the magic, later, it's not going to be a whole heap of use in this fight anyway. So which of these were you wanting...?"

"Light. Me. Up." Blackheart says, perfectly seriously. Tabuki takes a moment to glance between the others. Neither looks so thoroughly enthused with the idea as Blackheart, but after a moment Yumi steps forward and Elizabeth gracefully bows out.

"These two, then." Tabuki says, with a nod.

"Alrighty. Keep your heads on, kiddos." Orin says, as she plucks one up in either hand. "This'll hurt just a bit~"

... Tabuki imagines that the troops back toward the entrance would be able to hear the screaming, after a couple moments. Then Orin drops them again, to smolder and breathe heavily.

"It'll take them a couple'a minutes to get back together, but not too long now. You remember." She says. "Gives me time t' call in my backup, anyhow."

"Yes." Tabuki agrees, as the fairies breath evens out and they start to slowly recover.

"I will burn... all the things..." Blackheart says, only partially coherent at the moment.

Time improves their condition, though, as a force of undead fairies, and a few undead, assemble. The corporeal ones, fairy and human-sized alike, are clad in old, partially rusted armor and carrying weapons, all in fair enough condition to fight. Nothing like what the shells and blades of iron would have been like brand new, of course.

".... Offhand. Do you know much of Cirno?" Tabuki asks idly, as her fairies slowly stumble to their feet.

"Know 'of', sure." Orin replies. "Okuu's met her. Fiesty little thing. Didn't take a Giga Flare to the face too well, though, she got th' hell out of the reactor right quick. Never actually crossed paths, myself."

"Hm... well, it was just curiosity." Tabuki admits. "I should get back to the troops, join the charge."

"Yeah, you do that." Orin says. "I'll be ready here in a second, we should be hitting him at the same time."

The trip back over the magma is a little worrying towards the start, but the weakened troops' condition aside, Elizabeth's hold is tight, and the others regain their grip quickly.

The fairies are eager to begin their charge.

----

TEAM BATTLE.

Tabuki Vivipary, Lost Corpse Doll +13troops
and
Kaenbyou Rin, Hell's Spiteful Kitten +Grand Master ZFx4, Master Scorched Skeletonx2, GM LSx2

Vs

Kristoph, the Cold Hearted +Avg Zombie fairies x2, Avg spirit, Fire Wisp, MM, DM Necrophobe x2, Frost Wisp x6


---

Troop Morale Bonus(Basic Leadership): Flat +1damage, +5hp
1d2=2. Advantage to Kristoph.


... He's been expecting an attack, and raises his hands immediately as the groups enter his range. There's a blue flash, and then...

Snow? It's snowing in hell. It doesn't seem to be quite real snow, to Tabuki, but it gets the job done of being cold... a painful chill starts to seep into her bones.

Then Barrier floats over her, and somehow restores Tabuki's warmth as she overlaps with her physical form. The troops aren't nearly so lucky, and most drop to their knees immediately, gasping and shivering. Blackheart and Yumi are dropped outright, simply unable to continue in the face of the stabbing cold.

"I once came across a penniless vagrant in a blizzard, much like this one." Kristoph says, voice conversational, but nonetheless with an echoey quality that carries to everyone's ears. "My carriage was warm, and the man was freezing to death. I bade the driver halt. And then I took specific and detailed notes, as the fellow slowly succumbed to the chill. He was terribly unhelpful, of course, and most of it was useless begging to be allowed in for just long enough for the numbness to fade, with little actual data that could be considered. Still, later experimentation more than made up for the lack."

.... His troops are letting fly with attacks of their own, following his. This was likely going to be very painful-

"Here I come, to save the day~" Orin calls, as her forces carefully and deliberately place themselves in the paths of those attacks aimed at Tabuki's already weary and weakened force. "See what I meant now? And what'cha waiting for, an invitation?"

Tabuki lets fly with her most pertinent spell, and the fairies rouse themselves to match the barrage as best as they can, taking heart as the opposition starts to fall. 1d10=6 attacks, aimed at Frost Wisps 1-6. -15mp = 3185mp

Orin takes her own opportunity to... oh. Center Kristoph directly in a towering pillar of flame. It doesn't last really long, but he looks terribly pained by the time it's finished, and the spirits she brought along launch attacks of their own, dropping one more soldier and slapping Kristoph in the face with spectral energy again.

The enemy is reduced, now, to a pair of zombies and fairies. And Kristoph himself, of course.

"Gonna take at least one more of those to drop Mad Doctor Freeze over there enough to handle." Orin calls. "Gimme a sec, 'K? Gonna take a moment to drag up the juice for it."

One more, at least... okay. Well, on the plus side, it looks like he's focused on you and Orin now, so he'll likely be making more direct attacks at the two of you, instead of widespread but weaker attacks against everything. If that can be called a positive thing. He looks murderously angry.

[ ] Action?

---
Round 1 Battle Report

Kristoph- Calls forth a blizzard. 10 damage(ice) to all opposing forces. BARRIER defends Tabuki, taking 20.
-Blackheart + Yumi (KO)
aZFx2-x
AvgLS- 6 damage to (d21=20) GMLS 1 (24hp)
FiW- 10 fire damage to (d21=20) GMLS 1 (14hp)
MM- x
DM1- (d100=84) 3 damage to (d21=18) M SS1 (?hp)
DM2- (d100=44) Freezes in panic.
FrW1- 8 frost damage to (d21=9) Mallea GMZF1 intercepts (49hp)
FrW2- 7 frost damage to (d21=11) Deady GMZF2 intercepts (50hp)
FrW3- 10 frost damage to (d21=1) Tabuki BARRIER takes the hit (47hp)
FrW4- 10 frost damage to (d21=4) YumikoGMZF3 intercepts (47hp)
FrW5- 10 frost damage to (d21=17) GMZF4 (47hp)
FrW6- 7 frost damage to (d21=20) GMLS 1 (7hp)

Tabuki- Launches Multiple Flame Strike, with (1d10= 6) bullets.
-17(25) damage to FrW1 (KO)
-14(21) damage to FrW2 (KO)
-13(19) damage to FrW3 (KO)
-10(15) damage to FrW4 (KO)
-13(19) damage to FrW5 (KO)
-18(27) damage to FrW6 (KO)
Chiko(10hp)- 5 damage to FiW (3hp)
Levina(10hp)- 4 damage to FiW (KO)
Yumiko(15hp)- 7 damage to aLS (11hp)
Fabrizia(10hp)- 4 damage to aLS (7hp)
Marshmallow(9hp)-3 damage to aLS (4hp)
Elizabeth(5hp)- 3 damage to aLS (1hp)
Iona (5hp)- 3 damage to aLS (KO)
Mallea(5hp)- 2 damage to (d6=6) DM2 (8hp)
Ella(5hp)- 2 damage to (d6=1) Kristoph (???hp)
Deady- x
Barrier- x

Orin- Bathes Kristoph in searing flame. 200(300) damage
GMZF1: 4- x
M SS1:2- x
GMLS1- 8 damage to (d6=6) DM2 (KO)
- Healed 4hp (11hp)
GMLS2- 16 damage to (d5=1) Kristoph (???hp)

>> No. 150414
[x] Have Deady and a few other troops retreat and run to Meira/Emerald as fast as possible. Lighten gravity's effect on them.
[x] Gravity nerf opposing fairies. Take them out while Orin takes care of Kristoph.
[x] Initiate binding procedures when the time comes.

Kristoph isn't that sturdy, we could have weakned him easily, specially with BARRIER around. The troops would have been knocked out either way, and the battle would be Tabby+BARRIER against Kristoph. That would be thougher, yes, but still feasible.
>> No. 150416
[X] Tell your surviving troops to focus on the leftover enemy units, and then to retreat once those are taken care of.
[X] Try and use your powers of gravity to help out.
[X] Keep spamming Multiple Flame Strike.
[X] Initiate binding procedures when the time comes.
>> No. 150417
[X] Tell your surviving troops to focus on the leftover enemy units, and then to retreat once those are taken care of.
[X] Try and use your powers of gravity to help out.
[X] Keep spamming Multiple Flame Strike.
[X] Initiate binding procedures when the time comes.
>> No. 150418
[x] Try to form multiple flame strike into a cohesive beam.
[x] Focus on dodging.
[x] Stuff I don't feel like copy/pasting.

Beams > blasts.
>> No. 150420
>Tabuki- Launches Multiple Flame Strike, with (1d10= 6) bullets.
>-17(25) damage to FrW1 (KO)
>-14(21) damage to FrW2 (KO)
>-13(19) damage to FrW3 (KO)
>-10(15) damage to FrW4 (KO)
>-13(19) damage to FrW5 (KO)
>-18(27) damage to FrW6 (KO)
Yay, we were halfway relevant!

[X] Tell your surviving troops to focus on the leftover enemy units, and then to retreat once those are taken care of.
out.
[x] Create another barrier on Orin
[X] Focus on dodging [Agility]
-[x] Try to learn how to copy his spells [Intelligence]
>> No. 150422
Tabby is not a Blue Mage here guys.

[X] Tell your surviving troops to focus on the leftover enemy units, and then to retreat once those are taken care of.
[X] Try and use your powers of gravity to help out.
[X] Keep spamming Multiple Flame Strike.
[X] Dodge where needed.
[X] Initiate binding procedures when the time comes.
>> No. 150423
File 132288820064.png - (477.14KB , 725x799 , BlueMageAndOptions.png ) [iqdb]
150423
>[X] You could see it...the subtle ways the lay-lines of magic shifted just before he used blizzard. With a little tweaking it shouldn't be too difficult to replicate(learn Blizzard.[intelligence, magic]

>-[x] Try to learn how to copy his spells [Intelligence]

Nice try. But seeing as Tabby is neither a blue mage, nor a person with mystic eyes of plagiarism, I'm going to have to shoot this one down.

Entirely aside from that, learning a spell while a person is currently in the process of trying their hardest to kill you with that spell isn't so easy as just magical power and straight intelligence. You would need a fair bit of perceptiveness and a heaping dose of luck on top of that. And it's not beyond imagining that you would have to critically pass every single roll in order to learn it right away, rather than just having a slight head start in figuring it out.
>> No. 150424
>>learning a spell while a person is currently in the process of trying their hardest to kill you with that spell isn't so easy as just magical power and straight intelligence.

Out of curiousity, what if the person trying to kill you is just really incompetent or the spell takes a long time to kill?
>> No. 150428
>>150424
Then you can laugh yourself silly at the person trying to smother you with a marshmellow manipulation spell. Provided of course you're not stuck, can still move, or have enough reserves left to set them on fire for getting you all sticky like that.
>> No. 150429
>>150428
>>marshmellow manipulation spell

"Marshmallow Buttons, why are you attacking me?!"

"I CAN"T HELP IT! SHE'S CONTROLLING MY BODY!!! DON'T KILL ME! I DON'T WANNA DIE!"
>> No. 150431
well can't say I didn't try. Deleted my old vote.

[X] Tell your surviving troops to focus on the leftover enemy units, and then to retreat once those are taken care of.
out.
[X] Keep spamming Multiple Flame Strike.
[X] Initiate binding procedures when the time comes.

[X] You could see it...the subtle way his pants shifted just before casting blizzard, he must get off on hurting little girls. What a fuckin creep.
>> No. 150432
>>150429

Okay, I laughed.
>> No. 150440
Protect Orion so she can finish her spell
>> No. 150441
File 132295609768.jpg - (629.55KB , 640x989 , SarlaccWarning_Poster.jpg ) [iqdb]
150441
"Focus on taking out his support! Once he's alone, get back, pick up anyone that can't move any more and retreat out of range!" Tabuki calls, even as attacks are made, and then intercepted. The attempt Kristoph makes against Orin, likely in the hope of removing her quickly from the fray before she can strike again, is intercepted by one of her skeletons. Several of its bones shatter under the assault, and more crack, but it holds together beneath its armor.

Tabuki immediately fires off another volley, though the number of attacks this time are disappointing. 1d10= 2 attacks, -15mp = 3170mp

At first, she thinks to direct them towards the undead. Her mind changes, however, and she instead aims them at the still living fairies, in the hopes of removing them quickly from the fight, and so spare them the potential further trauma of having the zombies get ahold of them. They fall quickly, and her troops launch their own assaults. By this time, there's no real point in clustering just two units together, as the big attacks won't be pointed their way anyway, and they're about to fall... One undead drops under the volley, and her own zombie's claws. The other is cleaved apart by one of Orin's.

She's engulfed Kristoph in a localized inferno once more, and somewhere between the end of that and the further assaults from the rest of her minions, as Tabuki's forces remove themselves from the fray, Kristoph has grown... hazy. Blurry, edges indistinct, and flickering.

His snarling, however, suggests that he is not anything like ready to fall.

"He's weakened! Get to binding, kiddo, I'll cover ya." Orin says, tossing the ring to land at Tabuki's feet.

"He can still fight, though!" Tabuki points out.

"Well, yeah. If he gets finished off, there won't be enough of him left to bind until he comes back, y'know!" Orin says, not making any attacks of her own, but deliberately placing herself and her troops in the way, to deflect or simply take the blows that Kristoph, in desperation, has begun lashing out with.

Tabuki focuses on the ring, muttering incantations as she sets her hands on it. Mag 1d10 = 7

The process is slow to begin, and requires her full concentration, but she can dimly make out the revenant's howls of dismayed fury as he is slowly drawn apart and sucked into the ring, sapphire beginning to shine with a subtle inner light. Minutes pass... and then it's finished.

Orin is at her side, and plucks up the treasure immediately, eyes flashing.

"Hooo.... I like." She says, carefully sliding it onto a finger. "Oh yeah. No real help for you, kiddo, but I can use this..."

Tabuki shakes her head.

"In that case... I believe I am still owed two spells, and a useful trinket." She says, wryly.

"Yeah, yeah, can deal with the teachies back at the Palace. Thing I'm thinking of is a useful little bit of armor. You'll be really glad of it, if you're going too much further in here~"

---

Round Two Battle Report

Kristoph- Throws a small glacier. 100 Ice damage to (1d2=2) Orin M SS2 takes the blow(150) (70hp)
aZF1- 5 damage to (d21=7) Elizabeth GMZF1 intercepts (42hp)
aZF2- 5 damage to (d21=12) BARRIER (80hp) <--error in previous, now correct.
MM- 1 damage to (1d21=2) Chiko GMZF2 intercepts (49hp)
DM2- 3 damage to (1d21=1) Tabuki BARRIER (77hp)

Tabuki- Multiple Flame Strike: 2 bullets.
-13 damage to MM (KO)
-10 damage to DM2 (KO)
Chiko-5 damage to (d2=2) aZF2 (17hp)
Levina-3 damage to (d2=1) aZF1 (19hp)
Yumiko- 7 damage to (d2=2) aZF2 (10hp)
Fabrizia- 3 damage to (d2=1) aZF1 (16hp)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to (d2=2) aZF2 (8hp)
Elizabeth- 3 damage to (d2=1) aZF1 (13hp)
Iona- 2 damage to (d2=2) aZF2 (6hp)
Mallea- 2 damage to (d2=1) aZF1 (11hp)
Ella- 2 damage to (d2=1) aZF1 (9hp)
Deady- 9 damage to (d2=2) aZF2 (KO)
Barrier- x

Orin- Bathes Kristoph in searing flame. 200(300) damage
GMZF1- 20 damage to aZF1 (KO)
-Heals 20hp (62hp)
GMZF2- 21 damage to Kristoph (???)
-Heals 21 damage (67, maxed)
GMZF3- 19 damage to Kristoph (???)
-Heals 19 damage (66hp)
GMZF4- 19 damage to Kristoph (???)
-Heals 19 damage (66hp)
M SS1- 39 damage to Kristoph (???)
M SS2- 29 damage to Kristoph (???)
GMLS1- 17 damage to Kristoph (???)
GMLS2- 7 damage to Kristoph (???)

Victory.
+5 battle xp to all mobile troops.
Conscripted MMA, DMA[Necrophobe]
Loot:
Ring of the Cold Hearted. +1 Int/Mag(Max 9), -1 Cha (Min 1), access to Frost-element magic.
-Claimed by Orin.
Bleak Aura(ZF) [d100=16]
Bleak Aura(LS) [d100=6] LS B (Soph) Recruited.
Bleak Aura(SS) [d100=3] Scorched Skeleton A recruited.
Scouting FC/OH3, Catnap Cliffs.


---

[Some time previous]

You are Emerald. Your job, at the moment, is to kill squid, in a certain place.

.... For various small reasons, and one really big one, you aren't exactly confident about this plan, even given your support. But you'll do your best.

"Okay... take out the little ones first, like she said." You order, glancing around the infested area. You pick out danger zones really quickly. "And... try not to go near the cracks."

Meira grunts, and zips off, carving open a pair of squid without even really trying. Ellete launches a bolt of flame, heavily wounding another, as you start to move, and...

There's a rumbling noise. You freeze. After a moment, a thick and ropy tongue, glistening with caustic drool, pokes out of a crack in the floor and wraps itself around the nearest thing... one of the biggest squid in the area. It screams, somehow, but cannot free itself, and the tongue pulls it down.

It's too big to fit easily through the crack. The tongue doesn't let that stop it, and continues to pull as the squid's body distorts and bends, then ruptures. Then it slides down the hole, gore puddling around the opening and no doubt smearing the walls of the crack on the way down.

"... It's awake. Ugh, and it smelled the blood right away..." You mumble, glancing around the room quickly.

"That seems... like it would belong to something rather significantly larger that that one from the lightless tunnels before." Meira points out, as she tries to keep her composure.

The tongue flicks out through another crack, tasting the air. Nothing is nearby, though, and it remains still before withdrawing. The squid are making a commotion now, however. In the far distance, through one of the adjoining tunnels, you think you can hear faint yelling.

... Crap. You don't really want to risk getting caught by that thing. Squids are clustering around to lap at the gore, though... to kill those, you would have to get close enough to the cracks to be snatched up, if a tongue pokes through. In other words, 'too close'.

[ ] Action?

---

Round one

Emerald, Meira, Akira, Chris, Dominique, Ellete, Frances, Quinn, Janice

vs

CSx12, avgCSx4, vetCSx2, MM, DM

---

Emerald- x
Meira- 23 damage to CS11 (KO), 23 damage to CS2 (KO)
Akira- x
Chris- x
Dominique- x
Ellete- 6 damage to (d10=5) CS6 (4hp)
Frances- x
Quinn- x
Janice- x

CS1 : MM- x
DM- 1 damage to (d9=4) Chris (14hp)

[Brood Mother's Tongue] enters the battle.
BMT- Grabs (d27=24) VetCS1, and rips it through a crack in the tunnel to be devoured.

[Distant commotion can be heard down the tunnel to TI-4]

>> No. 150442
Important Highlights from Last Battle:

Bleak Aura(LS) [d100=6] LS B (Soph) Recruited.
Bleak Aura(SS) [d100=3] Scorched Skeleton A recruited.

That's right. A FLAMING SKELETON IS NOW OURS.
>> No. 150444
[x] Bugger this. Go check out that commotion and help whatever side has fairies on it.

This sucks. No fairy should be ordered into this hellhole.
>> No. 150445
>>150443 edited due to formatting.

>Ring of the Cold Hearted. +1 Int/Mag(Max 9), -1 Cha (Min 1), access to Frost-element magic

+1 INT/MAG? That would elevate Tabby's score to 10 which would mean auto-succesOH WAIT, masximun is 9, we already have that. Huh, it would be useless. I'm kinda disappointed.

>Brood Mother

Well, shit. Thought it was a uber giant wandering squid, not a tentacle monster thing coming from the ground.

Funny, if we had taken the meele troops and given Emerald the ranged troops, it would have been better for both. Our DMs didn't do much and the non-lethal damage wouldn't result in bleeding wounds for the boos monster to sniff out.

[x] Need to get as many squids as possible. Keep close to each other and advance slowly.
[x] Pay attention to the cracks. Anyone captured by a tentacle has to be freed immediatly, specially Meira.
[x] Someone stays away from the cracks, so the territory is conquered in case the tentacles eat EVERYBODY, squids included. Ellete, if she can shoot the incoming monsters.
>> No. 150446
[x] Bugger this. Go check out that commotion and help whatever side has fairies on it.
[x] This wasn't in the plan Tabuki will understand.
>> No. 150447
>>150444
>[Distant commotion can be heard down the tunnel to TI-4]

That's Cirno's territory. This could be good for us. It could mean that her fairies are under attack, and she could be losing the place. If it's the Brood Mother, it could mean a window of opportunity for us to kill our targeted squids. Or it's something which needs a little push from us in order to screw Cirno over and help us. Or it's even more squids coming to our direction. Or Cirno's fairies are under attack and if we help, them they will help us. So many possibilities!
>> No. 150448
[x] Ranged attackers fire upon the mooks.
[x] Melee attackers split up into pairs. One will carry corpses out of range or attack if there are no corpses, the other will sunder the tongue if it grabs on.
[x] Send somebody to investigate shouting.
>> No. 150450
>>150447
I don't care whose territory it is. They're probably getting attacked by zombies or slugs or god knows what else. They don't deserve that. No fairy deserves that.

It won't win, anyway.
>> No. 150451
[X] Try to lure the squids away from the tentacles.

If that doesn’t work.

[X] Abort the mission and withdraw.

We did not plan for tentacles sprouting up from the deep.
>> No. 150453
[x]Emerald: Briefly ponder the merits of making the notations on your maps a bit more detailed before moving on to the matter at hand.
[x]Have Meira and the some of the others stay to retrieve what kills you've made while you and the rest go check out the commotion. Meira and anyone with unbonded gear are to keep away from the fissures.
[x]Either try to use the retrieved kills to lure some of the of the squids away from the fissures and then step aside and cut them down as they blindly rush in to feast, or have Ellette try to pull a few out with her attacks. If they don't fall for it, just pack up your kills and fall back.
>> No. 150454
So you guys are just going to give up like that? Just because there is stronger monster? There is a lot to be won by taking this territory. Yes, more than money, we also prevent this place frmo being taken by Cirno. THe more territories we capture, the less she will capture, and the more soldiers we get.

>"But there is a commotion coming from her area!"

So? She already has three territories inside the danger zone, one of which she has been controlling before we even scouted these tunnels.

The tentacles can be killed, even if not permanently. Still, itt's possible to save anyone is caught by them, just like how you can rescue someone who has been swalloed by a normal squid.

Besides, the fairies won't disappear. Meira is the only one who is in any real danger.
>> No. 150457
That group only has one ranged attacker, for what it's worth. Given that they dropped everything to go eat the remains of the one that got sucked down, baiting them out shouldn't be too hard, and once they're down the area's yours anyways.
>> No. 150458
>>150454
>more soldiers
What are you talking about, no fairy would willingly live in this shitty territo
>MM, DM
Oh my god.

So, if we lose this territory, they'll come back here? This is their home? What the fuck is wrong with them? What possible attachment could they have to this place?
>> No. 150459
Keep your distance from the danger, but you need to find out what Cirno's forces are doing down here. She may be stupid but she isn't stupid enough to encroach on a danger area without a plan already in action.

Screw the squid. Scout out the activity of the faeries. For all we know, Cirno could be attempting to let the broodmother thing loose from another area of the tunnel to cause us grief.

Or better yet, perhaps there's a way to let the BM loose on Cirno's forces~
>> No. 150460
[X] Stay back and have Ellette throw fire at shit from a distance. Try and lure these things to you instead of going to them.
[X] Kill them when they get too close to your forces.
[X] Don't get eaten.
>> No. 150461
Looks like if we hadn't gotten Orin's help, then Kristoph would have attacked us with that glacier, killing Barrier and bringing us down to critically low levels of health.

[x] Don't get eaten.
- [x] Especially Meira.
[x] Ranged attackers fire upon the mooks.
[x] Send somebody to investigate shouting.
>> No. 150462
>>150459
The BM's probably attacking every territory in the danger zone right now, it's less a creature and more a natural hazard. Going from Emerald's comment, it's been sleeping up til now so Cirno probably hasn't run into it yet.

I should also note that any equipment that hasn't had enough time to bond with it's owner won't respawn with them, so any gear that gets sucked down into the BM's pit will be completely irretrievable.
>> No. 150463
I wonder if the Skeletons can heal on their own, or if we have to heal them ourselves somehow.
>> No. 150464
>Send somebody to investigate shouting.

Think seriously before sending anyone to check teh commotion. Emerald's team has few units in, specially sized to fight off the squids listed on the Scouting Reports. Sending someone to do somethign else might cripple our forces, and there are no guarantees that the BM will devour only the squids.
>> No. 150468
[x] Don't get eaten.
- [x] Especially Meira.
[x] Ranged attackers fire upon the mooks. try to drawl them out.
[x] Melee attackers split up into pairs. One will carry corpses out of range or attack if there are no corpses, the other will sunder the tongue if it grabs on.

Wish we had brought Ain for this It would have been amusing to see the big and small squids constantly eating her and her just floating right back out of them again
>> No. 150469
I like how it seems that Kristoph was the same build as us. I guess when he was rolled, his creator was trying to make a Charisma-broken ubermage like we were.

Also, awesome Kristoph backstory. Even though we saw his past for one paragraph, from his perspective, it still was chilling. (I would have said that earlier, but I was reading from my phone.)

Anyway, we don't need need to fight it. Both times huge Cave Squids have been discussed so far (once in like thread 2, and once in thread 3), it's been mentioned that the city sends hunting parties against CS when they get about bigger than a bear. So even if we fail, we might be able to get it taken out if we tell someone in charge, like Satori. On the other hand, it might be blocking Cirno from our territories, so whatever.

Also, from what I understand, the Brood Mother is a leader-class enemy. Not sure if we can take it on (we took on one half its size in the dark in thread 3 and had to be saved by Cirno), but we should be allowed to take the field against it. So should Cirno, if she is present.

I think we ultimately want the exp, though.
>> No. 150470
File 132298328926.jpg - (118.79KB , 654x600 , 1322913855402.jpg ) [iqdb]
150470
[x] Ranged attackers fire, killing DM first and then trying to draw the squids to them
[x] Melee attackers remain outside of the tongue's range, destroying the MM and the squids as soon (if) they get in range.
[x] Send the weakest of the team to investigate the shouting.
>> No. 150471
The only ranged attacker present is Ellette, the entire rest of the team is melee.

Also, the only cutting implements here are two small tin swords and Meira's rusted blade. The thing hefted a fairly large squid and smashed it without any apparent effort. I don't foresee much success trying to sever the thing if it grabs someone.
>> No. 150472
>>150471
Yeah, at present only two votes make ANY fucking sense here, and both are really just variations of the same theme. >>150453 and >>150460
>> No. 150473
New troops need names. Nameanon needs to stop slacking and do his damn job.
>> No. 150474
[X] Get the fuck out of there.

It's a damn brood MOTHER, how far away do you think the brood is? Especially if they see their mother getting attacked.
>> No. 150476
>>150451
Changing vote to >>150453
>> No. 150477
[x] Miera takes out the two mooks.
[x] Ellete tries to draw aggro on the cave squids.
[x] Janice goes to check out the shouting.
[x] Rest of the brawlers retrieve corpses, or make attacks if there are none.
-[x] They are to focus on weaker ones first.
[x] Chris assists Miera or acts as a brawler if she succeeded.
[x] Akira and Dominique are to free anyone entangled by the tongue.

First off, we should conquer this territory. To do so, we need to take down the mooks. Second, we need to salvage as much cave squid as we can from the brood mother. To do that, we need to move the cave squid away from the cracks, carrying their dead bodies if we have to. Finally, we need to keep our own units safe from the tentacles. Swordsfairies ought to be able to chop through the tongue.
>> No. 150480
>>150477

I'm not sure you quite grasp how attacking works in this story.

Also, it's pot-metal...being swung by fairies. in other words; they aren't going to cut through anything.
>> No. 150481
>>150480

It is possible to fend them off.
>> No. 150482
>>150481
Is it? How do we know? If you are sitting on some information then by all means share it, if not then I am inclined to agree with >>150480.
>> No. 150483
>>150482
I believe he meant it more in the sense of "it is possible we could do enough damage to drive it off, even if we don't cut through it". I could be wrong though.
>> No. 150484
>>150483

This, actually.
>> No. 150485
>>150484
>>150483

Ah, I see. Do we have the dps needed to drive the tentacles away though? The capture and crushing of the veteran squid happened in the time frame of one turn. Now, that squid was larger than a fairy (if not it would not be able to swallow fairies) and therefore heavier and more difficult to pick up. The capture and crushing of our fairies should be a lot easier for the tentacle and could be done faster. If we have time to react or not I do not know.

The squid had most likely around 40HP* and it was killed instantly. None of our basic fairies has that kind of toughness so it is unlikely that they would survive for long if they are caught.

*(From words words words: ”Cave squid: Carcass sells for 4s base, can devour units for additional damage. HP doubles with every rank. Damage/die bonus w/rank.”)
>> No. 150486
>>150485
You do bring up a good point in that it killed the cave squid and whether we can do enough damage.

While the BMT did indeed kill the Cave Squid, it was a result of not fitting through the crack. The cave squid was able to scream after it was grabbed, so it wasn't killed instantly.

As for being able to cause enough damage, let's assume for the sake of argument that the BMT has 40 hp. While it likely belongs to something much bigger, it's just a tongue. Our swordsfairies do a combined 8-10 hp. I of course know nothing about the brood mother, but if I were licking something, and my tongue was nearly 25% severed, I would at the very least stop licking for a moment.

The above is pretty much just conjecture though.

Anyway, we should look into getting some cement once we conquer this territory.
>> No. 150487
It should be noted that the only reason it took a moment to pull the squid through the crack was due to it's size. Fairies, being considerably smaller, would get sucked down immediately.

There's also the issue of how long this thing would take to actually kill an eaten fairy. Would it still be the day or two the regular squids take, or would it be longer? That sarlacc warning pic in the story post may have meanings beyond the obvious...
>> No. 150489
>>150486
>Our swordsfairies do a combined 8-10 hp

Don't forget Emerald's Bonus, which increases meele damage by +2 now. So it's actually 12-14.

THe brawlers, combined, deals 18-27 damage. And there is Emerald with 13-19 and Meira with her lightning fast 19-29.

If everybody stays close and don't move away from each other too much, as long as someone keeps an eye open, I believe tehre is a good chance of hurting the tongue just enough for it to retreat. Sure, it won't die, and there will probably be other tongues, but as long as it doesn't grab anyone of our team, it's fine.

Also, Cave Squids have blood, while fairies do not. At least supposedly. If the Brood Mother can smell the blood, then it's only logical it will try to eat whatever is the source of the smell. We could use this and feed a few of the smaller squids to it while our troops fight the other CSs. This is why I think we shouldn't send anyone to check on Cirno's territory. Not only will we have to fight even more enemies, fairy or not, we need as many people as possible to fight the BMT.
>> No. 150493
[X] Abort the mission and withdraw if seems to dangerous.
>> No. 150495
[X] Abort the mission and withdraw if seems to dangerous.
-[x] Stealthily investigate the shouting.

We need a bigger force to deal with this area.
>> No. 150496
I'm a little bit concerned that eaten fairies will be out for more than a turn. We know from the past that CS have adapted to not kill a fairy in their stomach for a few days, and if our fairies get eaten, we can't exactly get them out for at least a few days. There may also be some necrophobe like consequence to getting eaten, but with cave squids instead. Or dark places.

And please keep Meira safe. She's still at low health, guys.
>> No. 150497
>>150495

Say that to Cirno when she captures the area tomorrow.
>> No. 150498
[x] Everybody stay together and advance slowly. Keep an eye out for those cracks and fight any tOngue/tentacle that grabs an ally.
[x] Special care for Meira. Her safety is top priority, no matter what else happens.
[x] Try to lure the enemies with ranged fire. Meira kills tentacles, brawlers kill squids. It's ok if a small squis is stolen.
>> No. 150499
You're not going to cut off the tongue. That would be like a fairy mook dealing 20 damage to Meira, but also cutting off her arm.
>> No. 150500
>>150499

So? It doesn't matter if the tongue is cut or 'killed'. As long as it's repeled without taking our units, it's fine.
>> No. 150501
>>150499
Well, the unit is called Brood Mother Tongue...
>> No. 150502
>>150473
I've already given Kahi names he can use here. No names for the Skeleton here yet, though I'm thinking any names made should make some references to Planescape and Army of Darkness.

[X] >>150453
>> No. 150503
... sod this for a lark.

[x] Salvage what you can and bug out.

>>150502
Well, if he's a Scorched Skeleton, what's wrong with "Ash"?
>> No. 150505
>>150503
I kinda like Ash as well.

[x] Send Janice to check out shouting.
[x] Miera attacks the mooks.
[x] Everybody stay together and advance slowly. Keep an eye out for those cracks and fight any tongue/tentacle that grabs an ally.
[x] Draw squid attention with ranged fire. Akira, and Dominique discourage tentacles if they grab on to an ally, leftover brawlers and Chris kill squids and throw or drag their corpses away from cracks.

Do we have forces we can spare elsewhere? If so, we should also send somebody to get more people.
>> No. 150512
If the troops retreat without at least conquering the territory, I expect a very angry Tabuki, regardless of how many squids they bring back.

[x] Everybody stay together and advance slowly. Keep an eye out for those cracks and fight any tongue/tentacle that grabs an ally.
[x] Draw squid attention with ranged fire. Akira, and Dominique discourage tentacles if they grab on to an ally, leftover brawlers and Chris kill squids and throw or drag their corpses away from cracks.
>> No. 150514
>>150512
If she gets angry at someone, it'd be herself for not thinking to ask for clarification for the little symbols on the map, or not asking why Emerald looked a bit distraught when ordered into the area. She's not going to blow her top if an unforeseen factor pops up and forces them to back off.

On that note, don't be all that surprised if several of Cirno's territories in the danger zone suddenly have a smaller garrison or go completely neutral tomorrow.
>> No. 150517
Tabuki may not be charismatic but she is smart she understands that sometime you just got to run
>> No. 150518
>>150517
Hello, welcome to the site. Please read the rules at >>/gensokyo/6052 and be sure to use punctuation in the future. Thanks!
>> No. 150520
>>150514

I think it would be rather amusing.

[x] Everybody stay together and advance slowly. Keep an eye out for those cracks and fight any tongue/tentacle that grabs an ally.
[x] Special care for Meira. Her safety is top priority, no matter what else happens.
[X] Don't get eaten.
[x] Draw squid attention with ranged fire.
[x] Someone should stay behind, in case everyone is taken by the BM and no enemies are left. Ellete, if she can shoot the enemies from behind, Meira if there is to much danger for her, or someone without equipment, or whoever is left alive.
>> No. 150523
I'm curious about something. Tabuki can bind weak spirits and elements, right? Aren't Fairies the embodiments of elements and whatnot? Could Tabuki possibly bind a fairy to an item as she just bound Kristoph?
>> No. 150525
File 132313238237.png - (13.84KB , 338x439 , TunnelsIMap.png ) [iqdb]
150525
You think quickly, but you aren't really brains'ed up for strategy. That's Tabby's thing. You punch things.

"Keep away from the cracks." You order again. "Keep close together, if that thing gets ahold of someone, drop everything and hit it..."

"Understood. I will focus on defense, while the rest of you continue to harvest." Meira says.

"That is not what I-"

You are interrupted as her blade lashes out, biting into the tongue that had somehow gotten close enough to coil around you and begin to contract. It spasms and withdraws into the hole you hadn't seen before, while you have a quiet little heart attack.

"And none of the rest of you are fast or strong enough to repel it. Do not make the mistake of believing I follow your orders." Meira says, grimly. "Direct your troops as you please, and I will see to defense from the greater threat."

"You... ugh. You're going to die, if you die, you know. You think I want to answer to Tabby about that?" You snap. One of the squids is too close, and you punch right through its brain. Your new toys are nice... it doesn't do much to help the irritation, though. "Fine. We're retreating.... that way!" You say, pointing down a nearby tunnel. "Kill what you can, but only if you can drop it now. Then grab it and lets go!"

"That's not the way to our territory... it's-"

"I know who's it is." You bark, hefting up the dead squid as best you can. "Pretty sure they'll be able to tell we're coming... just do it. We'll lead the squid that way if we can, better than having them charge down towards our places."

The fairies, at least, are swift to follow your command, even as Meira continues to watch for another attempt...

She doesn't guard against the little ones, though, as the army heaves up their cargo and makes off at a slowed pace. Emerald is pretty sure that she would have, if any of the lashing attacks had managed to take purchase enough to actually swallow anyone, but they were fortunate enough to avoid that. And in the face of that, the great tongue was really the bigger threat...

The squids were, in fact, following them down the tunnel. Worse still, you had miscalculated... there were also cracks here. The tongue snaked through to snatch up one of the charging number, even as back in the now mostly-vacated main chamber, you can see more yet beginning to crawl up out of the earth to take their place.

"DOWN." An echoey yell came from before them, and you turn your head back forward just fast enough to see a fairy sheathed in crystalline ice zip past you, frozen blade and shield in hand, and hack at the squid closest to catching up with you. A bolt of lightning crackles past you as well, slamming into one of the larger ones with enough force to topple it over.

"MOVE." The knight demands, voice distorted through her enclosed helmet. "WE WILL COVER YOUR RETREAT."

.... Well, no need to say that, twice, you decide, as you keep going forward, the knight and witch moving back a little slower.

It's not long before you realize that the tunnel has become completely iced over, and that your breath is frosting in the air, and then you enter a larger space. The remaining witch, on sentry duty, seems wary of you. You're not in much mood for a fight at the moment, though, and just drop off your load, leaning back against it to gasp for breath. Your troops do the same, though Meira just cleans and sheathes her blade, looking peturbed at the chill.

It's not too long before the two return, speckled with squid blood.

"CAN YOU SEAL THE TUNNEL?" The knight asks.

"Do I look like Cirno to you?" The witch counters. "Maintain seals on these cracks, sure. Stopper up the gaps myself? Not happening."

"I SEE. YOU, WHERE IS YOUR LEADER? YOU WILL REQUIRE HER ASSISTANCE TO PREVENT ENCROACHMENT FROM BELOW." The knight says, turning to you.

"Yeah, it looks like there was a little... misunderstanding, somewhere." You say awkwardly.

Well, maybe anyway. Or she'd just overestimated you, which makes you preen a little inside, but not enough to outweigh the sinking feeling in your stomach when you consider fighting that, alone. You were pretty sure you'd been clear with the warning, too.

... All right, maybe you hadn't doodled it quite to scale, but you aren't sure whether the collossal squid would have fit inside the tunnel-paths and territory-markings.

In any case, it looks like these guys aren't going to attack you just yet, but you don't really know how long that will last. Probably best to grab your haul and retreat again before you ended up in another one-sided battle, but it looks like the Knight might insist on having a word with you. She might not take kindly to your just trying to pick up and run.

[ ] Action?

[BMT]- (d26=1) Grabs for Emerald.
-Meira counters. (28)
-BMT recoils from the pain and withdraws.

Emerald- 16 damage to (d10=1) CS1 (KO)
Meira- Holds her strike.
Akira- 6 damage to (d9=4) CS6 (KO)
Chris- 4 damage to (d8=7) CS10 (6hp)
Dominique- 7 damage to (d8=8) CS12 (3hp)
Ellete- 5 damage to CS12 (KO)
Frances- 9 damage to CS10 (KO)
Quinn- 8 damage to (d6=5) CS8 (2hp)
Janice- 6 damage to CS8 (KO)

CS3- 3 damage to (d9=5) Dominique (12hp)
- Devour attempt (12/15, d15=3) fail
CS4- 3 damage to (d9=2) Meira (50hp)
- Too big to eat.
CS5- 2 damage to (d9=3) Akira (13hp)
- Devour attempt (13/15, d15=12) fail
CS7- 2 damage to (d9=7) Frances (14hp)
- Devour attempt (14/16, d16=10) fail
CS9- 3 damage to (d9=3) Akira (10hp)
- Devour attempt (10/15, d15=2) fail
aCS1- 4 damage to (d9=7) Frances (10hp)
- Devour attempt (10/16, d20=1) fail
aCS2- 3 damage to (d9=6) Ellete (12hp)
- Devour attempt (12/15, d18=2) fail
aCS3-4 damage to (d9=6) Ellete (8hp)
- Devour attempt (8/15, d18=7) fail
aCS4- 4 damage to (d9=4) Chris (11hp)
- Devour attempt (11/15, d18=3) fail
vCS2- 5 damage to (d9=1) Emerald (55hp)
- Devour attempt (55/60, d90=2) fail
MM- 2 damage to (d9=4) Chris (9hp)
DM- 1 damage to (d9=4) Chris (8hp)

[BMT]- (d21=14) Grabs CS9 and yanks it down through the floor.

[Cirno Troops] Enter Battle

mWK- 18 damage to CS3 (KO)
eWitch- 22 damage to aCS2 (KO)

---

FIGHTING RETREAT

0xp
No Conscription
Loot: 7 squid meat (not converted)

>> No. 150526
>>150523

That's a really good question, but for various reasons, I'm going to nix it. Tabby can't bind fairies into anything, sorry.
>> No. 150527
>>150525
>-BMT recoils from the pain and withdraws.

I told you guys this was possible. But no, too scared of the slime tentacle, it's gonna eat everybody, right? Tsk, faggots.
>FIGHTING RETREAT
>0xp
>No Conscription
>Loot: 7 squid meat (not converted)
>No territory

You guys suck.
>> No. 150528
[x] Have Meira lead the troops back with the dead squids while you meet the Knight.
[x] "Thanks for saving us. We didn't intend to intrude here, but the tongues were coming out of everywhere. We didn't have where to run anymore."
[x] "Don't worry, we're not here to fight you. We have orders to not engage Cirno, at least not for the near future. I think our Leader would rather try to befriend Cirno than anything else."
[x] "What are you guys doing to the tunnels, anyway?"

This is all, for the moment.
>> No. 150530
>No Territory

Do we even want this territory right now? Yes, territory is good, but I have a feeling that even if we drive off the BMT, we'd have to drive it off again every day; after all, we didn't kill the Brood Mother itself. We don't have the troops to spare to protect the territory if it takes 28 damage to drive off a tongue.

Oh, and everyone, remember that Meira can't attack Cirno.
>> No. 150531
[X] "We've been chasing some sort of ghost thingy. It's been possessing fairies left and right. Also, we think we saw Lily's girls down here a while ago. Some of them were dressing up as if they were Sunny's troops."
[X] "Well, I have orders myself. Hush hush stuff. If Cirno didn't tell you about it, you aren't supposed to know. Also, uhm, I think she'll be mad at us if she found out you guys helped us out here, so let's keep that between us, k?"
[X] Bug the fuck out of there.
>> No. 150533
[x] Have Meira lead the troops back with the dead squids while you meet the Knight.
-[x] Inform our leader of the situation and ask her to bring anyone that can fly as backup and to take all available squid corpses (or create new ones)
[x] "Thanks for saving us. We didn't intend to intrude here, but the tongues were coming out of everywhere. We didn't have where to run anymore."
[x] "Don't worry, we're not here to fight you. We have orders to not engage Cirno, at least not for the near future. I think our Leader would rather try to befriend Cirno than anything else."
[x] "What are you guys doing to the tunnels, anyway?"
>> No. 150538
>>150528
The only issue that may pop up with this is the Knight being an utter bitch and starting a fight, in which case Emerald is likely going to get fucked by a spiked dildo here. No lube either.

>>150531
Ok, this is kind of amusing.

[X] Have Meira lead the troops back with the dead squids while you meet the Knight.
-[X] Inform our leader of the situation and ask her to bring anyone that can fly as backup and to take all available squid corpses (or create new ones)
[X] >>150531
>> No. 150541
[x] Have Meira lead the troops back with the dead squids while you meet the Knight.
-[x] Inform our leader of the situation and ask her to bring backup.
[x] "Thanks for saving us. We didn't intend to intrude here, but the tongues were coming out of everywhere."
[x] "Don't worry, we're not here to fight you."
[x] "What do you mean, encroachment from below?"
[x] "What are you guys doing to the tunnels, anyway?"
>> No. 150542
Do remember that this is Emerald. She's a simple fairy, so simple things work best. Trying to delve into subterfuge or guile or pretty much anything complex and her brain will probably shut itself down as a defense mechanism against overheating.

Well, I exaggerate, but do remember that she is somewhat slow on the uptake and plan accordingly.
>> No. 150544
>>150527
Stop acting like this was a known fact. We did not know if we had units strong or fast enough to repel the tongues. We could assume we had, but I’m not about to risk Merias life on that assumption for some pocket change and a single MM/DM. Especially when the territory in question could go neutral at any point that giant squid decides to awaken and eat our minor garrison.
>> No. 150546
>>150531
Hilarious, but yeah, what >>150542 said.

I would just vote for >>150541, but by my reading we're kind of trapped here: the only way back involves either a) going right back the way we came or b) trawling through other squid-infested territory (I-5 to I-3). It's the sort of thing we need everybody for, if we can make it through at all. So!

[x] "Yeah. Yeah, this is definitely a Tabby-class problem. How bad are things? Is Cirno going to be along soon?"
- [x] If they wanna tell you what's going on, go ahead and listen.
- [x] Try to head back down to I-2, killing as many squid as you can in the corridor rather than in the room proper.
- [x] Speed through the room -- if you have to drop a squid corpse as bait for the BMT, that works.

...

Unrelatedly, I'd like to warn against killing the brood mother, for several reasons:
- It could upset the local ecosystem.
- That much cave squid meat is likely to glut the market.
- Satori might like it for a pet.

If we're lucky we'll just be able to put it to sleep. But that's a distant and optimistic future! (More likely Cirno will kill it, leaving us with all of the problems and none of the upsides.)
>> No. 150548
>>150527
If there's no causalities, then it's not so bad. This wasn't a case of a full army fighting but rather a small hunting party. All things considered, it could have gone infinitely worse.

>>150542
She's not THAT stupid as she's basically Tabby's second in command. That and if we got her those gauntlets, she may stand a chance against the knight in a fight... not that I'd advise such an action.

[x] Have Meira lead the troops back with the dead squids while you meet the Knight.
-[x] Inform our leader of the situation and ask her to bring backup.
[x] "Thanks for saving us. We didn't intend to intrude here, but the tongues were coming out of everywhere."
[x] "Don't worry, we're not here to fight you."
[x] "What do you mean, encroachment from below?"
[x] "What are you guys doing to the tunnels, anyway?"
>> No. 150549
>>150546
With all the ice around, I think Cirno decided "Fuck that noise" and tried sealing it off. Ice melts, though. Tabby should be able to engineer a permanent solution with Wild Magic earth shaping. Buuuuut I'd prefer to kill it if at all possible. Because XP. That thing is full of XP.

[x] "Yeah. Yeah, this is definitely a Tabby-class problem. How bad are things? Is Cirno going to be along soon?"
- [x] If they wanna tell you what's going on, go ahead and listen.
- [x] Try to head back down to I-2, killing as many squid as you can in the corridor rather than in the room proper.
- [x] Speed through the room -- if you have to drop a squid corpse as bait for the BMT, that works.
>> No. 150554
>>150548
If this had been an ordinary winter knight I would have agreed, however this is no ordinary knight.
From our last scouting report: >>150208

TI-4 (Cirno Troops)
Winter Knight [Master] x1. HP: 60, Damage 15-16
-Equip: [Full Frost Plate] +50hp [110]
-Equip: [Glacial Shield] +15hp [125]
-Equip: [Frostbite Boots] +15hp [140]
-Equip: [Midwinter Helm] +10hp [150]
-Equip: [Frost Brand] +3 damage [18-19]
-Immunity: Cold.
-Defender: Half damage taken if intercepting blows meant for another unit.
Witch [Elite] x2. HP: 25, Damage 15-22
-Equip: [Icicle Staff] +5 damage [20-27]

Knight: HP:150 Damage: 18-19
Emerald: HP:60 Damage: 13-15
We have no chance in a one on one.
>> No. 150555
[x] "Yeah. Yeah, this is definitely a Tabby-class problem. How bad are things? Is Cirno going to be along soon?"
- [x] If they wanna tell you what's going on, go ahead and listen.
- [x] Try to head back down to I-2, killing as many squid as you can in the corridor rather than in the room proper.
- [x] Speed through the room -- if you have to drop a squid corpse as bait for the BMT, that works.
>> No. 150556
>>150546

We're currently on TI-4. It's right next to one of our secured territories, returning home won't be a problem, unless the Knight butts in.

[x] Have Meira lead the troops back with the dead squids while you meet the Knight.
[x] "Thanks for saving us. We didn't intend to intrude here, but the tongues were coming out of everywhere."
[x] "Don't worry, we're not here to fight you."
[x] "What do you mean, encroachment from below?"
[x] "What are you guys doing to the tunnels, anyway?"
[x] If they ask what our business are down here, remind her this is our home. Mission was to check if the Brood Mother was awake, and that there are plans on killing it in the future. Searching for it while it sleeps is safer.
>> No. 150557
>>150556

Forgot this last thing:
[x] Go check the other team while you're down there.
>> No. 150561
[x] "Yeah. Yeah, this is definitely a Tabby-class problem. How bad are things? Is Cirno going to be along soon?"
- [x] If they wanna tell you what's going on, go ahead and listen.
- [x] Try to head back down to I-2, killing as many squid as you can in the corridor rather than in the room proper.
- [x] Speed through the room -- if you have to drop a squid corpse as bait for the BMT, that works.
>> No. 150562
[x] Have Meira lead the troops back with the dead squids while you meet the Knight.
[x] "Thanks for saving us. We didn't intend to intrude here, but the tongues were coming out of everywhere."
[x] "Don't worry, we're not here to fight you."
[x] "What do you mean, encroachment from below?"
[x] "What are you guys doing to the tunnels, anyway?"
>> No. 150567
File 132320402662.jpg - (162.37KB , 850x478 , sample_75ada5fb21408373b837e737cde0f25726cce32d.jpg ) [iqdb]
150567
"It's definitely something Tabby should take a part in handling." You mumble to yourself. Then you shake your head. "Anyway, what's going on here? Is Cirno getting involved in this?"

"OUR LEADER HAS DEVELOPED A PERSONAL INTEREST IN SEEING TO IT THAT THE BEASTS OF THE UNDERGROUND DO NOT CRAWL UP FURTHER." The knight replies. "DETAILS OF THE TACTICS USED TO KEEP IT SO ARE NONE OF AN ENEMIES CONCERN."

"You say that, but it's pretty obvious that she's filled up every crack she can find with ice." You point out, and the knight doesn't speak. You guess that's a grudging acknowledgement of the point. "What is this, like... fifteen, sixteen meters deep into the cracks?"

"THIRTY. AT THE SHORTEST." The knight counters, smug for a moment, then turns to glower at it. "THE TENTACLES CAN STILL BREAK THROUGH, SOMETIMES."

"Oh, I'll bet that's all kinds of fun." You mumble.

"You have no idea." One of the witches groans, turning away from the conversation and, after a moment, focusing a beam of frosty energy into a patch of ice, deliberately shoring up what might have been a slightly weaker point.

"Great. Is the tunnel that way clear?" You ask, pointing down the passage back to your territories.

"YES. AND SEALED, TO THE FULL EXTENT OF THE CREATURE'S REACH." The knight confirms.

"Great. Shouldn't be any issue with heading back that way, then." You say, hefting your cargo once more.

"A MOMENT. CIRNO WILL DEMAND A MEETING HERE, TOMORROW." The knight says, and a witch groans.

"You aren't supposed to just tell them what's going to happen..." She grumbles.

"IT IS IMPORTANT THE DISCUSSION GOES WELL." The knight counters. "IT IS IN NEITHER OF OUR INTEREST TO ALLOW THE BEAST DO AS IT WILLS. SHAPING EARTH CAN SEAL CRACKS MORE EFFECTIVELY AND PERMANENTLY THAN ICE."

"Fine. Do whatever, then." The witch sighs. "Don't expect me to answer to her about it, though."

The knight turns back to you.

"REQUEST THAT YOU URGE YOUR LEADER TO BRING ALCOHOL TO THE MEETING." She says. "MATTERS WILL PROCEED MORE SMOOTHLY."

"Well, it's not like they can go worse than last...." You start, and then pause to think and consider what's underneath the area here. ".... yeah, I guess they can go a lot worse than last time." You admit. "I'll see what I can do, but not promising anything, you have to keep in mind Tabby is..."

Kind of overly paranoid about Cirno, to the point of ignoring other things, you don't say. It takes you a moment to find words to put into that space instead.

"... Not good with people." You finish.

"UNDERSTOOD. CIRNO IS NOT PARTICULARLY DIPLOMATIC HERSELF. SUSPECT THINGS WOULD HAVE WORKED OUT BETTER BEFORE IF NEITHER OF THEM HAD TRIED FORMALITIES." The knight muses, loudly.

... You kind of doubt that they would actually have gone any better than they had, even with both sides being blunt and straightforward, but don't see the point in speaking up about it.

Also, you're pretty sure if Tabby just alerts someone to this thing being here, allowances could be made to have it killed. Yuugi throwing harpoons down the cracks, or Okuu firing her laser, or something. Well, it's something to bring up.

Loot: 7 squid meat = 28 silvers

---

"-trick with that one is it works on any undead. You want, you can reanimate just a skull, or a bird, an' have em sit tight in the right spot to watch things for ya. So long as you don't lose 'em before you can go poking around in their heads, anyhow." Orin says.

"Yes, I understand." Tabuki replies, withdrawing from the zombie's mind. "... I'm not sure how much of what I've learned remains useful at this time, but miss Satori's conclusions about weapons seem valid and logical. A stockpile of things, in case something needs a quick replacement and that anyone can use, while those with better equipment keep it to themselves."

"Well, wouldn't know about that all." Orin admits. "But she doesn't usually guess wrong."

"In any case, that is the spell taken care of. The trinket, now?" She asks.

"Yeah, hold yer horses." Orin says, taking a moment to rummage around in drawers until she pulls out a fairy-sized robe, intricately patterned and embroidered with dancing flames, until it appeared that it was fire itself, woven into the form of cloth. "Here y'go. Not the greatest armor you can find, but that's not the point, and magic'ed up stuff generally gives up a little for what it gets. Fun with enchantments, huh? But this'll nullify fire's burning on whoever's wearin' it." She says. "You'll be happy to have it, if you head further inta th' hells."

"That would be useful..." You admit, thoughts on those elemental wisps.

"Yeah, but ya keep in mind, anyone smart sees someone's takin' everything some kind of magic can give 'em without a problem, they're either gonna switch magics or send someone else in t' deal with that one first." Orin points out. "Not like you'll have to be worrying about that sort of thing from stuff just sitting around for a while, I guess, but you'll want to keep that in your head."

"Of course." Tabuki says. "And now, I think I have reports to recieve..."

"Yeah, you get to it kiddo. I'll be getting to work putting this new toy through th' wringer myself." She says smugly, rubbing at the ring with her thumb. "But still, Big Sis'll be there if you're wanting more of the kind of spells I can teach ya. For a price."

Tabuki shakes her head as she returns to the war room.

... By the time she's finished recieving Meira and Emerald's tandem report, her mood has soured. Another diplomatic meeting... well, there could be a chance to secure some goodwill, there, and possibly bring up that mine somehow... but it might be better to just bring the matter up to another, and have them deal with the creature below. Like Emerald, she doesn't doubt that Yuugi can tear the beast apart with pure strength, or perhaps Nitori could design an explosive, to be either dropped down a crack, or smeared with squid to trick the thing into swallowing it...

Well, she'll have to consider the matter. Along with any other preparations to make for this meeting, with the advance warning. Emerald advises ale, which is something, you suppose. It's the matter for a Leader to consider... and it's taken a while, but she's starting to feel like she's getting a proper grip on leading.

In contrast with that report, the Lamia's group seems to have done fairly well, with only one soldier that had to be carried back.

[ ] Action?

Bellflower, Russet, Henna, Vanice, Finni, Vanda, Widget, Honey, Dead2, NDead, George, Ain, Lamia

vs

CSx7, avgCS, MMx2, DMx4

Strat 1d10=5 pass. Flat +2

---

Bell- x
Russet- x
Henna- x
Vanice- x
Finni- x
Vanda- x
Widget- x
Honey- 5 damage to aCS(15hp)
D2-x
ND-x
G-x
Ain- 3 damage to aCS(12hp)
Lamia-x

CS1 : MM2- x
DM1- 2 damage to (d13=6) Vanda (10hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d13=1) Bell (16hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d13=4) Vanice (11hp)
DM4- 1 damage to (d13=13) Lamia (29hp)

Bell- 2 damage to aCS (10hp)
Russet- 2 damage to aCS (8hp)
Henna- 7 damage to aCS (1hp)
Vanice- 1 damage to aCS (KO)
Finni- 2 damage to (d7=3) CS3 (8hp)
Vanda- 1 damage to CS3 (7hp)
Widget- 2 damage to CS3 (5hp)
Honey- 6 damage to CS3 (KO)
D2- 8 damage to (d6=3) CS4 (2hp)
ND- 8 damage to CS4 (KO)
G- 3 damage to (d5=2) CS2 (7hp)
Ain- 5 damage to CS2 (2hp)
Lamia- 3 damage to CS2 (KO)

CS1- 3 damage to (d13=1) Bell (13hp)
- Devour attempt (13/17, d17=4) fail
CS5- 2 damage to (d13=9) D2 (30hp)
- Devour attempt (30/32, d32=16) fail
CS6- 3 damage to (d13=6) Vanda (7hp)
- Devour attempt (7/12, d12=11) Success.
- Vanda takes an additional 3 crushing and acid damage (4hp)
CS7- 3 damage to (d12=11) Ain (HALF, 19hp)
- Devour attempt (19/20, d20=20) Success.
- Ain floats back out easily.
MM1- 1 damage to (d12=4) Vanice (10hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d12=7) Honey (16hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d12=10) George (15hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d12=9)Newdead (30hp)
DM3- 1 damage to (d12=5) Finni (11hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d12=11) Ain (FULL, 17hp)

Bell- 2 damage to CS6 (8hp)
Russet- 2 damage to CS6 (6hp)
Henna- 7 damage to CS6 (KO)
Vanice- 2 damage to (d3=2) CS5 (8hp)
Finni- 2 damage to CS5 (6hp)
Vanda- x
Widget- 2 damage to CS5 (4hp)
Honey- 6 damage to CS5 (KO)
D2- 8 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (2hp)
ND- 8 damage to CS1 (KO)
G- 3 damage to CS7 (7hp)
Ain- 5 damage to CS7 (2hp)
Lamia- 2 damage to CS7 (KO)

Vanda takes 2 compression and acid damage (2hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d12=5) Finni (10hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d12=10) George (13hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d12=11) Ain (FULL 16hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d12=2) Russet (10hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d12=8) Dead2 (28hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d12=5) Finni (8hp)

Bell- 2 damage to (d6=3) DM1 (8hp)
Russet- 1 damage to (d6=5) DM3 (9hp)
Henna- 8 damage to (d6=1) MM1 (2hp)
Vanice- 1 damage to (d6=5) DM3 (8hp)
Finni- 1 damage to (d6=1) MM1 (1hp)
Vanda- x
Widget- 1 damage to (d6=1) MM1 (KO)
Honey- 7 damage to (d5=3) DM2 (3hp)
D2- 7 damage to (d4=3) DM3 (1hp)
ND- 8 damage to (d4=4) DM4 (2hp)
G- 3 damage to (d4=1) DM1 (5hp)
Ain- 5 damage to (d5=4) DM3 (KO)
Lamia- 2 damage to (d4=2) DM1 (3hp)
-Lamia attempts to ensnare: (3/10, d10=6) Success
-2 damage to DM1 (1hp)

Vanda takes 3 compression and acid damage. Vanda can no longer struggle.

MM2- 1 damage to (d12=10) George (12hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d12=9) Newdead (29hp)
DM4- 2 damage to (d12=1) Bell (11hp)

Bell- 3 damage to (d3=1) MM2 (7hp)
Russet- 2 damage to (d3=1) MM2 (5hp)
Henna- 7 damage to (d3=2) DM1 (KO, -6hp)
Vanice- 1 damage to (d2=1) MM2 (4hp)
Finni- 2 damage to (d2=1) MM2 (2hp)
Widget- 2 damage to (d2=1) MM2 (KO)
Honey- 5 damage to DM4 (KO)

D2- 8 damage to DM3 (-8hp)
ND- 8 damage to DM4 (-8hp)
G- 3 damage to DM1 (-9hp)

---

Victory
DM1 [-9/10, d10=5] Necrophobe
DM3 [-8/10, d10=8] Necrophobe
DM4 [-8/10, d10=9] Battle Scarred
1d4=4, DM4 recruited.
Conscripted MMB, DMB [Battle Scarred 1]
+1 battle xp
Loot-> 7 squid meat = +28 silvers
Loot-> 1 avg Squid meat = +6 silvers
Scouting: TI-7, TI-8


Leadership increase: Leadership 2.
Leader presence bonus- +2 damage, +10hp to all soldiers in the same battle.
Strategy/Speech performance bonus- +4 or -4 hp, and +1 or -1 damage.

Item Collected: Silk Robe of Nullification(Fire)

>> No. 150568
[x] Buy six bottles of ale from Yuugi.
[x] Tell her about the Brood Mother and the meeting.

We can always keep what we don't bring.
>> No. 150569
[x]Visit Yuugi, tell her about the Brood Mother, and buy some amount of booze.
[x]Assuming it's not too late, make a quick stop at Pedro's and get directions to Lopez's place.
>> No. 150570
[x]Visit Yuugi, tell her about the Brood Mother, and buy some amount of booze.
>> No. 150571
[x] Buy some booze.
[x] Don't mention the brood mother yet.

I may be mistaken, but the city sends hunting parties after large cave squids. Cirno doesn't know this. Thus, letting Yuugi know about the Brood Mother is giving up a very valuable bargaining chip. We can let Yuugi know about the BM anytime, but if we wait, we can gain more.
>> No. 150572
>>150571
Cirno likes straightforward things. If we deal with this on our own, she'll like Tabby more. Plus, it's just.. dickish to hold this as a bargaining chip, and I think Cirno is exactly the sort of person that would call Tabby out on it.
>> No. 150573
[x]Visit Yuugi, and buy some amount of booze. Consider a cask, and give a few to the brawlers, saving the rest for tomorrow's meeting.
[x] Ask her if she knows anything about giant sized squids, or if she has ever heard of a squid large enough to have tentacles inside an entire set of tunnels.
[x] Show Emerald the robe, and stash it somewhere safe. The robe is to be guarded when not in use.
>> No. 150574
>>150572

I think keeping the BM to ourselves might be for the best. I mean, that thing is huge, and the bigger the squids, the bigger the reward. if we ever manage to kill it, we will get a shitton of XP and a huge reward. If the thing is as big as it seems to be, it's obvious we will receive something HUGE for it.

Of course, the two main problems are finding it, and then killing it. Since it's relatively a normal kind of creature, it shouldn't heal that fast, so we could try hitting it turn after turn until it falls.
>> No. 150580
>>150572
She may like us even more if we made it a joint operation. Cirno respect strength if anything and fighting alongside her can't hurt. We could get some respect from her if we our cards right.
>> No. 150581
Cirno's not intending on fighting the thing. She just wants it sealed away, which is only a short term solution, as it'll either dig new holes there or move somewhere else. And you can't hold off to try to take it all for yourself, as this is a problem that will become worse if left alone.
>> No. 150582
>>150581
>it'll either dig new holes there or move somewhere else.

Why are you so sure of that? It might have grown too much and got stuck in a deeper cave, and now this is the only means it have of feeding. It might have created roots and become a part of the ground itself and lost its mobility. Think of the possibilities!

>And you can't hold off to try to take it all for yourself, as this is a problem that will become worse if left alone.

You might want to rethink that. That beast has been down there for who knows how long? Sure, it might have only 3 years of age, as well as it might be 3 centuries old.
>> No. 150583
File 132322299193.png - (18.78KB , 338x439 , Underground Map.png ) [iqdb]
150583
Mps, because someone asked for them and is more convenient for Kahi to have them all posted. I hope.
>> No. 150584
File 132322305038.png - (14.55KB , 338x439 , Tunnels I.png ) [iqdb]
150584
I bet you haven't seen this one yet, huh?
>> No. 150585
File 132322308588.png - (11.87KB , 338x439 , Tunnels II.png ) [iqdb]
150585
>> No. 150586
File 132322310195.png - (9.08KB , 347x514 , Tunnels III.png ) [iqdb]
150586
>> No. 150587
File 132322311267.png - (9.65KB , 513x293 , Tunnels IV.png ) [iqdb]
150587
>> No. 150589
File 132322318294.png - (8.99KB , 513x293 , Tunnels V.png ) [iqdb]
150589
THis one has cave spiders in the enxt territories. Might want to read the book on psiders before advancing further.
>> No. 150591
File 132322341417.png - (6.11KB , 380x386 , Tunnels VI.png ) [iqdb]
150591
>> No. 150592
File 132322344542.png - (17.96KB , 338x439 , Old Hell Fire Chambers.png ) [iqdb]
150592
>> No. 150593
File 132322348971.png - (14.29KB , 716x479 , UnderTunnelsIII.png ) [iqdb]
150593
And this is the last one, for now.
>> No. 150594
So, a few notes:
>>150592

The skull with a sword is probably that one chained skeleton warrior we learned about with one of the rumors from Kahi's bonus gift. No idea about that thing on the left.
>>150587

Sunny sin't underground anymore, so that big arrow is meaningless now. LVIII is the entrance to some sub-tunnels, and the Master Zombie fairy isn't there, according to the spreadsheet.
>>150585

Might give water spirits or fish if we ever reach the water body.

>>150593

Useless, maybe? Anyway, Cirno's ice golem is in the way, so we can't reach there yet.

>>150583

Need to take the bridge and make way to the surface. It's also the fastest and safest way to the surface.
>> No. 150595
Sunny sin't underground anymore, so that big arrow is meaningless now. LVIII is the entrance to some sub-tunnels.

Wait what when did sunnys troops leave
>> No. 150596
>>150595

Sunny's troops? Never. Sunny herself left. When we entered TIII and learned of Sunny, Emerald reported that Sunny herself was underground, and the arrow was poiting to her location.
>> No. 150597
>>150594
No, the fastest and safest way to the surface is brokering a deal with someone. Such as, say, Cirno. We already know she has an interest in beating back the underground beasts...

I want to focus on conquering the underground, not the surface, is what I'm getting at.
>> No. 150599
>Emerald reported that Sunny herself was underground, and the arrow was pointing to her location.

What is this, now? I did not say that.

Arrow was doodled in for a reason, though.
>> No. 150600
Ok, our four new fairies.

Tunnels I, Area 6 has given us "Balais Windsweeper" and "Ruby Waters." Ruby has the Battle Scarred trait, so we DEFINITELY want to use her in battle (which means we should put Balais up as a guard to her territory).

Old Hells, Area 2 has given us the fairies "Alexandria" and "Lapis Lazuli". Lapis is our Danmaku Mook, Alexandria our Melee Mook.
>> No. 150601
>>150597
>No, the fastest and safest way to the surface is brokering a deal with someone. Such as, say, Cirno.

Cirno? The one whose territory extends through tentacle country?

No, I agree with >>150594. We really need to take the bridge.
>> No. 150602
>>150598
>this entire war is meaningless if we don't conquer the surface
Wrong. Tabby's leadership could improve the living conditions underground. That's a goal worth striving for.

And if we do conquer the surface, I'd like to do it with Cirno as an ally. She seems to have an interest in the Underground, soo... rather than fight her over it, I want to work with her.

>>150601
The tentacles that we're dealing with right now. The tentacles that we're meeting with Cirno about. Those tentacles.
I agree that we should take the bridge, but we simply can't conquer every territory between there and Marisa's house in a reasonable amount of time. I just want the damn letter delivered.
>> No. 150604
The red oval and arrow are referring to a deposit of... garnets, I think? It's been a while. I remember someone saying it was too shallow to be rubies, at any rate.
>> No. 150605
>>150602
>Wrong. Tabby's leadership could improve the living conditions underground. That's a goal worth striving for.
>CHA 1

Suuuure.

But yeah, no. Our main goal is getting the fairies to the surface. They have complaints that the underground doesn't have much to offer and it's a fair guess that the fairies want the surface again, specially Emerald. Where else are you going to get fresh berries?
>> No. 150606
>>150605
>>Where else are you going to get fresh berries?

Greenhouses. Greenhouses powered by the underground reactor and heat generated by the hells. Oh, and by growing this shit underground you also make a MAJOR sum of money in the process.
>> No. 150607
>>150606
Yeah, good luck with that.
>> No. 150608
>>150605
No, that's NOT our main goal. There is not enough living space on the surface. Some fairies are going to end up in the Underground no matter what. You're not fixing the problem by shuffling fairies around! Making the Underground a better place to live will fix the problem.
>> No. 150609
[x] Visit Yuugi, and buy some amount of booze.
[x] Ask her if she knows anything about giant sized squids, or if she has ever heard of a squid large enough to have tentacles inside an entire set of tunnels.
[x] Show Emerald the robe, and stash it somewhere safe. The robe is to be guarded when not in use.
>> No. 150611
>>150594
I don't know about you, but reaching the surface is a no-no in my opinion.

We're barely holding up in the underground and that's because the others don't see a benefit in getting serious about this place. We need to conquer all the old hell, all of the tunnels, fortify the frontier, get the best items, make alliances and then... we still won't expand, because we'd have secured the freedom and a better living for all those in the underground, our home, which is all we could ever hope for.

Visiting the surface though, is a possibility. Patchouli could teach us so very much.
>> No. 150613
>>150611
I like your thinking, but unless we do something about the Negotiator, the surface is going to come to us. It'll be fun!

If we want to prevent the inevitable invasion... I guess we could try to get a Compact out of the Negotiator? Would that work? Honestly, I'd prefer an invasion to kissing his ass.
>> No. 150614
Last I recall, the rough sort of plan that was thought up was to tie her up with a shiny ribbon and foist her off on to Lily next time she came for a visit. Might want to check with Cirno if there's been any movement near the SDM tomorrow, there's still the off chance the info's still valid.


As for the surface? The condition of the areas near the surface exit of the Kappa's labs isn't known yet, so that's still a possible opportunity of advancement, especially if their settlement is nearby.
>> No. 150615
blah blah We're way to underleveled to have territories on the surface right now. Look at Cirno. She's a major player in the war, but so are Dai, Sunny, Star, Lily (x2), and Luna. And Cirno, in a throwaway territory she doesn't care about and holds more or less to spite us, stationed a Master level knight and two Elite witches, classes we don't have access to, with great bonuses, and at far higher value. Cirno can also create 200HP ice golems. Cirno can also kill a Brood Mother (albeit a lesser one) with one spell. Cirno can also create ice armor and weapons for her troops, at approximately copper levels, for free. Cirno almost certainly has a lot of troops.

We can't contend with Cirno. We definitely can't contend with Cirno, Lily, Sunny, Dai, Star, and Luna.

In short, the aboveground is a nice place to visit, but we wouldn't want to live there.

Anyway, Cirno dislikes us, a little, so don't push things. She understands tit-for-tat, though, so we should be able to ask for a boon instead. One of these might be to ask for safe passage for us and an entourage to deliver Mima's letter. We really really really want magic lessons, right?

And don't mention the robe to Cirno. Last time, she wanted a bribe, and she might not be opposed to forcing one from us this time, especially if it's something that she'd probably want. Ice-type takes 1.5x damage from fire, and fire-immunity is a really good answer to that.
>> No. 150616
Off Cirno-topic, but we need to find some healers. Looking at Meira's stats, it's currently going to take her, oh, some 9 turns to heal up. If she doesn't take any damage in those turns.

Also, how do Lost Spirits/Scorched Skeletons heal? Is it no healing, some healing, auto-healing, or can we do something about it?
>> No. 150617
>>150616
We can search for Sakura after we deal with Cirno. Hopefully.

>>150614
>foist Negotiator on Lily
That's stupid. Stupid fun. I like it, despite the many ways it could fail.

I think we'd be better off simply letting the Negotiator go, though. As soon as possible. Tonight, maybe.
>> No. 150618
>>150617
No. Honestly, I think that is a stupid idea as it gains us NOTHING and gives Sunny's forces MORE reason to want to smash our face in, and some of her Generals want to do that anyways. So as long as you continue to suggest this, I'm going to consistently respond with a simple "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on you mental midget reject."
>> No. 150619
>>150618
What, exactly, do we gain from the Lily plan?
We might get a Lily influence boost and avoid a Sunny influence hit. Sunny might invade Lily. Neat, I guess. We can probably find a way to capitalize on that. Somehow.
If Lily decides it'd be funnier to let them invade us looking for someone that isn't there, we're fucked.
If Sunny's Generals invade before we meet Lily White again, our hand is forced.

If we let the Negotiator go, we take a smaller influence hit (than releasing her under duress) and take the wind out of her Generals' sails -- revenge is not a stronger motivator than rescue. plus I get to read a sweet confrontation scene with the Negotiator

But whatever. Like I said, I like the Lily plan. It's high risk, low reward, the best sort of plan.
>> No. 150620
File 132325860710.jpg - (140.10KB , 1279x960 , 1320861118106.jpg ) [iqdb]
150620
[x] Buy six bottles of ale from Yuugi.
[x] Tell her about the Brood Mother and the meeting.
>> No. 150625
>>150615
>We're way to underleveled to have territories on the surface right now.
>right now

See, that's what most of you don't understand. We are underleveled now, but in the future we might be as strong as them, if not stronger (youkai > fairies). Besides, the tunnels to the surface are still tunnels, a part of the underground, so it is rightfully ours.

Of course, beating all other factions at once is impossible, not even them can do that against each other. Just like how the Three Fairies needed Lily to defeat Cirno+Dai, we will have to choose someone to ally with, decide how the lands will be be shared, and only then victory will be complete.

>>150611
>and then...

And then not make use of whatever strenght we get then? If you're worried about not moving out of the tunnels, then the war is completely irrelevant. You don't need to fight a war if all you want is to make living underground better. Just talk to people, make deals with them, go out and bring something, etc. Of course, doing that would be stupidly expensive and tiresome, and will probably take a long time to finally be enough for everyone.

Besides, whenever a war happened and the tunnels are ocupied by the surface fairies, either the ones below would fight them in an unorganized way, throwing themselves at enemy spears day wave after wave until they tired of it, or the invaders would get bored at the uninteressing caves and enjoy their much better territories. In one way or another, the tunnels would be left for the Underground fairies, victory or defeat unimportant.

Your suggestion would take out much of the fun from the war. It would also be a waste of everything we've done until now, and will do until then.
>> No. 150626
>>150620
I thought that dogs are humanity's friend.
>> No. 150627
>>150619
I'd suggested letting her go back when Deady returned(albeit getting her blind stinking drunk first), and that was pretty much the time to do it. Bit late to do that now, and she can't be held indefinitely, so tossing her to Lily for trolling purposes is a good idea as any at this point.

Though I do have to admit, I would like to go and ask her what, exactly, she was hoping to get when she came down here. It obviously wasn't booze, and she's not particularly smart if she thought she could actually intimidate Tabby into coughing up free territory. Guessing gear at this point, as it's the only other thing that comes to mind, but it may well have been to just take whatever she thought she could get away with.
>> No. 150628
>>150626

Best friend =/= friend.
>>150627

Where do you think that's even an idea to consider? Even if we give her to Lily, what makes you think Lily won't spill the beans and tell Sunny where she got the Negotiator? Or worse, Lily might troll Tabuki instead.
>> No. 150632
>>150627
Never said it was a good idea, only one that was better than some of the alternatives suggested at the time.

Talking with her might yield new options, but it may also be a waste of time, and Tabby's been rather short on that lately.
>> No. 150634
[x] Visit Yuugi, and buy some amount of booze.
[x] Don't tell her about brood mother.
>> No. 150635
>>150627
No, it's not too late to release her. That was the ideal time, yeah, but sooner is better than later.

>negotiator's motivations
She wanted us to accept Sunny's claim to the tunnels she already owned (and meet Tabby, of course). That's it. That's all she wanted (other than free booze, all I have to do is talk to people and they give me drinks, my job is the best job). Sunny hates the tunnels and had no interest in owning more of them, despite the Negotiator's posturing. But no, we had to go "Fuck you, this is our Underground!" and play zombie dress-up. That was undeniably awesome, but she's no longer useful.

Now we get to see which will happen first: Sunny giving her Generals the okay to invade, Lily White showing up, or the Berserk charging in half-cocked. Or something completely different. It'll be fun finding out.
>> No. 150637
[x]Visit Yuugi, and buy some amount of booze. Consider a cask, and give a few to the brawlers, saving the rest for tomorrow's meeting.
[x] Ask her if she knows anything about giant sized squids, or if she has ever heard of a squid large enough to have tentacles inside an entire set of tunnels.
[x] Show Emerald the robe, and stash it somewhere safe. The robe is to be guarded when not in use.
>> No. 150639
You know, I was looking through the listings, and I noticed that the Skeleton had this in its description. "Can equip human-size weapons and armor." Does that mean that by the next thread we'll have a listing for those sized weapons/armor?
>> No. 150640
>>150639

No, we will just have a larger version of the current equipment list. The items are the same, the only thing that changes is the size.
>> No. 150641
>>150640

It'll also probably be more expensive. It takes a lot more metal to make a human-sized sword than to make a fairy sized one.

Off topic (again), have we ever thought about meeting Alice? Are we not a sentient doll ourselves, aka exactly what she's looking for.
>> No. 150642
File 132331496471.jpg - (82.21KB , 750x600 , CraftIntelligentWeapon.jpg ) [iqdb]
150642
>>150619
Mostly we gain "not having the negotiator".

I also like the Lily plan, but hmm. How about we give the negotiator to Cirno instead? She's here, she's convenient, she's ... liable to use her against us, but eh, what the hell.
>> No. 150643
>Cirno
A necrophile, human-lover, and now, into bondage. That'd start the meeting off on the wrong foot, don't you think?

We could always do what Lily did to us: charge in her general direction and force her to show up. Or request a meeting. Everyone else does that to us all the time.
>> No. 150645
>>Mostly we gain "not having the negotiator".

We also gain the "Person who hates us is now free to tell her forces how much we suck and how fun/easy it would be to smash our faces in."

So yeah, fuck you and the horse you rode in on. Put forth a plan to deal with the negotiator that doesn't come across as mind-numbingly stupid and likely to result in more immediate trouble for us and I'll quit telling you to go fuck yourself.
>> No. 150647
>>150645

Not the guy you're telling to go fuck himself.

How about this plan:

1. Wait till tabby has some mp to spare.
2. Wild magic: [Terrifying hypnotism].
3. Convince the negotiator that our forces consist of earth dragons, invisible vampires, and fairies.
4. Intentional forget to lock her in the basement so she can escape to the surface with her altered memories.

Good plan? Or should I go fuck myself?
>> No. 150648
>>150647
That... actually seems like it could work. It removes the main problem with letting her go (scouting on our forces), and gets rid of her.

If magically modifying her memories is impossible, we could show her the brood mother.
>> No. 150649
>>150645
They already know how easy and fun it would be to smash our faces in.

You don't seem to realize.
We're leading a bunch of rejects, misfits, and weaklings. Because our land is worthless. The other fairies all know this. They don't want our shit. One fairy being mistreated is not going to make them want our shit, no matter how much she screams about it.
>> No. 150654
>>150647
>>150648

Before we start messing around with mind affecting wild magic I would prefer to research what could happen if we got a critical fail. Completely mind wiping (and essentially killing), the negotiator would not be ideal.
>> No. 150655
>>150654
...why not?
>> No. 150656
>>150655
The fairy war is a game. I will not risk permanently destroying a fairies personality and memories for the sake of a game.
>> No. 150657
>>150656
... but you're willing to risk permanently killing Tabuki?
>> No. 150658
>>150657
Yep, because she is us. I’m willing to risk our own life here, but not the lives of others. As such I’m not completely thrilled of the fact that we have the lamia and Meira as soldiers.

But if the ethics argument is not compelling, think of the potential blowback this could generate from the other factions. I doubt they would like people permanently killing fairies.
>> No. 150659
>>150658
You make a decent point about the Meria the Lamia not so much it heals fast and this may actually be less dangerous for it then it's normal life.

Also I agree that permanent mind altering magic is something we should probably stay the fuck away from... for the most part at least. It would also probably piss of Satori if she found out thus pissing off her pets and Yuugi would think it cowardly.
>> No. 150660
>>150659
I'm disinclined to agree with you about Satori until I get some evidence.

While Yuugi probably would think it cowardly, she's not gonna find out.

By the way, you forgot your punctuation.
>> No. 150661
>>150660
And this brings us back to >>150654. Before we take any action relating to mind affecting wild magic, we should research it to find out what can go wrong. It is not unreasonable to think that Satori has some knowledge about it, so we should ask her when we have the time. This will at the same time give us some insight on what she thinks of altering a fairys memories.
>> No. 150662
>>150661
This seems fair enough. While I support mindmagic, it would be nice to know if it carries some risk to the subject's mind. I definitely wouldn't support it if there was a non-negligible chance of irreversible harm. Now that I think about it, it'd be nice to see if it could harm OUR mind as well.
>> No. 150664
[x] Visit Yuugi, and buy some amount of booze.
[x] Ask her if she knows anything about giant sized squids, or if she has ever heard of a squid large enough to have tentacles inside an entire set of tunnels.

[X] Visit Satori.
[X] Inquire into the nature, advantages, and disadvantages of mind magic(specifically in terms of wild magic).
-[X] Perhaps Satori can provide some insight into actually learning mind altering spells.

It's probably way too late to be posting this.
>> No. 150665
Rather doubt Satori would know anything that would mess with a target's head.

That's -REDACTED-'s job.


On a more serious note: Yeah, don't screw with Wild Magic. And do remember that, as a diplomat, she'll likely have a good Perception score. Don't succeed well enough and she'll see through it, succeed too well and you'll fry her little fairy head. Or maybe just overload it to the point where she just drops dead and pops back on the surface the next day with the memories of the attempt nicely suppressed.

Wild Magic isn't Wish, don't treat it as such.
>> No. 150666
[x] Visit Yuugi, and buy some amount of booze.
[x] Ask her if she knows anything about giant sized squids, or if she has ever heard of a squid large enough to have tentacles inside an entire set of tunnels.

[X] Visit Satori.
[X] Inquire into the nature, advantages, and disadvantages of mind magic(specifically in terms of wild magic).
-[X] Perhaps Satori can provide some insight into actually learning mind altering spells.

Supporting this~
>> No. 150667
>>150665

Wild Magic essentially is wish. And yes, I will treat it as such.
>> No. 150669
So, is this story a second "A Wizard is You"?
>> No. 150670
>>150669

Why, because of the Wild Magic/Wish thing? Or just because of the game mechanics/aspect of the story?
>> No. 150672
>>150667
Uh, no.

Wish is omnipotence at a price. Wild Magic is asking the RNG for favors, with potentially horrible drawbacks. If you want an example, Wish would have fixed Tabby up back at the bar with no side effects, rather than giving back a tiny amount of health and making her violently ill for several days.
>> No. 150673
[x] Visit Yuugi, and buy some amount of booze.
[x] Ask her if she knows anything about giant sized squids, or if she has ever heard of a squid large enough to have tentacles inside an entire set of tunnels.
[x] Ask about the 4 oni.

i'm not gonna give up on discovering what that option is about.
>> No. 150674
File 132338656863.png - (8.83KB , 380x386 , Tunnels VII.png ) [iqdb]
150674
I knew I was forgetting something. So yeah, here it is, a map Kahi gave us as bonus from thread 6. It is completely controled by Lily, so it probably leads to the surface too. Also, I'm mighty curious about that symbol on the right.
>> No. 150676
>>150674

Shinki!? that way leads to Makai perhaps.
>> No. 150677
>>150674
Berries, maybe. That path might go to the surface.
>> No. 150678
[x] Cast memory spell on Deady and the Scorched Skeleton.

Why the hell not?
>> No. 150679
>>150678
Deady's already been scanned.

As for the skeleton, I imagine most of it's going to be wandering around aimlessly and swatting stray fairies.
>> No. 150681
>>150679
>"... I'm not sure how much of what I've learned remains useful at this time, but miss Satori's conclusions about weapons seem valid and logical. A stockpile of things, in case something needs a quick replacement and that anyone can use, while those with better equipment keep it to themselves."

Has she? I thought this passage was related to the meeting with Satori. And there was no mention of that map of Gensokyo, I had hopes Tabby would make more sense out of what Deady saw.
>As for the skeleton, I imagine most of it's going to be wandering around aimlessly and swatting stray fairies.

Yeah probably, but that's the idea. I want to know if we can learn how many hostile creatures are living in each area.

Well, in any case, we need to learn some basic necromancy now. How to reanimate the dead and have them act as security cameras with this new spell.
>> No. 150682
File 13233929857.jpg - (195.45KB , 520x825 , a00d710b202d1c2ace7f2470fe16026666666dfa.jpg ) [iqdb]
150682
Alcohol is a good idea, though, Tabuki decides. And with current rates of income, a bottle or two won't set her back too much.

Six is a bit more expensive, but it will leave some in reserve after the meeting and allow her to distribute a bottle among the brawlers now. A cask would be just as good, volume wise, but it would be far more difficult to move around, and it would probably be clear at the meeting that it had already been opened.

"Eighteen silver." Yuugi says, as she passes over the goods.

"Yes, and in addition to that... I have a question to ask. Have you ever heard of... really big squids?" Tabuki asks.

"They get pretty huge. How big are we talking?" The oni asks right back, seeming to consider.

".... Big." Is all Tabuki can really say for a moment, then shakes her head. "Um. Say the tunnels past the northeast end of town are laid out like this..." She says, tracing lines with a spilled bit of some drink. "And the forks and turns are like so. Now... say it can poke its tongues through cracks in the stone, and attack any of these places all at once..."

"That's sounding like a Queen, there." Yuugi says in interest. "Enormous bloated ones, can't really move through the tunnels themselves any more, but sit tight in a chamber and spend all day every day eating anything that comes close and spawning more fingerlings. That's the sort of thing that really has to be dealt with right away when they're found. They don't need queens to breed, it just ramps the population up into overdrive. It'll eat the young too, sure, but not fast enough to outpace the spawning. Been a while since I was in any of these tunnels, but if I remember the layout.... yeah, we're talking something that would fill up the space in a fair-sized farm, or small village, here."

"I recall the tongue was thicker around than my entire body." Meira notes, frowning. "I admit, I would rest easier knowing the creature had been slain."

"Yeah, I'll deal with it. I think there's a finder's fee for reporting this sort of thing too. Not for killing them, of course, or every hot-headed young fool around would be haring off into the deep tunnels to try to find one, and probably never come back." Yuugi says, shaking her head.

"I'll be meeting with Cirno tomorrow morning... here." Tabuki says, pointing at one of the junctures. "It seems some measures have been taken to seal the area from its reach."

"Yeah, I'll see you then." Yuugi says. It isn't a question, despite that Tabuki wasn't issuing an invitation. It looks like she's going to be coming along to deal with this matter no matter what.

Tabuki could argue the point, but the Oni seems to know perfectly well what she's doing. Probably not the first time something like this has come up. She shrugs, and returns to the palace, Meira in tow. One of the bottles goes to the brawlers, who requested it. The others go to sit right next to the fire-robe in the war room, for lack of a better place to keep them.

For now, Tabuki rests.

The alert in the morning, that Cirno is demanding a meeting, is not unexpected.

---

Scouting Reports

FC/OH 3

Heavily Damaged Punishment Golem x1, HP 100, Damage 1d10+5
Hell Hound x1, HP 40, Damage 1d20+5
Melee Mook [Survivor]- HP 24, damage 1d2+7
-Equip: Pot-Metal Breastplate [HP 30]
-Equip: Pot-Metal Large Shield [HP 34]
-Equip: Copper Mace [damage 1d2+11]
ZFx3
aZFx2
LSx2
aLSx1
Fire Wisp x3
MM x4
DM x4

Catnap Cliffs

[Kaenbyou Rin]- HP ???, Damage ???
Grand Master ZF x4, HP 52, Damage 1d2+12
-Equip: Rusted Iron Breastplate [HP 67]
-Equip: Rusted Iron Sword [Damage 1d2+17]
-Devouring Maw: Unit heals 100% of damage they inflict.
-Unnatural Strength: [Damage 1d3+18]
Master ZF x8, HP 45, Damage 1d2+10
-Gnashing Maw
-Unnatural Strength
Master Scorched Skeleton x2, HP 180, Damage 1d12+20
-Equip: Rusted Iron Breastplate(large) [HP 220]
-Equip: Rusted Iron Knife [Damage 1d12+28]
-Fire Innate 2
Elite Scorched Skeleton x4, HP 150, Damage 1d12+16
-Fire Innate 2
Grand Master Lost Spirit x2, HP 42, Damage 1d12+6
-Draining strike. Unit heals 50% of damage it inflicts
Master Lost Spirit x5, HP 36, Damage 1d10+5
-Drainnig strike. Unit heals 50% of damage it inflicts
Elite Evil Spirit x4, HP 60, Damage 1d2+4
-Pale Puppetmaster: Unit takes only half damage from any source while occupying the body of another. The victim takes damage in full.
Veteran Melee Mooks x6
Veteran Danmaku Mooks x6

TI-7

[Brood Mother's Tongue]- HP ???, Damage ???
CSx18, aCSx6, MM, DM

TI-8

[CIRNO troops]
Veteran Winter Knight- HP 40, Damage 1d2+7
-Equip: Full Frost Plate [90HP]
-Equip: Glacial Shield [105HP]
-Equip: Frost Brand [Damage 1d2+10

Updated Reports

TI-5
CSx25, aCSx4, vCSx1, MM, DM

Abridged War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Heavily Damaged Miko Cosplay
-Mushroom Ale(bottled) x5
-Silk Robe of Nullification(fire)
-2H pot-metal sword x2
-PM rod x3
-PM Spike gauntlets x3
88 silvers

Cirno 'requests' a meeting.


[ ] Make plans and head out.
>> No. 150683
Alright chums lets do this...

[x]meet up with Yuugi and proceed to the meeting point.

Take an escort as well
>> No. 150685
[x] Take three bottles.
[x] Split the finder's fee with Cirno.

Diplomacy means getting everyone roaring drunk, right?
>> No. 150687
Chartanon, are you here? We need your help! At least to update our damage output...

>>150685
>[x] Split the finder's fee with Cirno.

That belongs to Yuugi. If we get anything, either we keep it, or share it with Yuugi, if she isn't the one sharing the fee.

We're going to use this chance get as much as possible from Cirno. The Copper mine, passage to the surface, maybe even begin talking for a friendly treaty. These kind of things.
>> No. 150688
Tabby would need something Cirno would actually want to get anything out of her, and it's been mentioned that going for a treaty of some kind this early in the war is a sign of weakness.

Stuff Cirno might be interested in:
1. If she isn't doing anything with the squid her forces kill, Tabby could sell them to Yuugi and split the proceeds.
2. Some form of access to the Underground's shops. Her armor is roughly Brass level, but her melee weapons seem to be worse than Copper, so if she's interested in upgrades Tabby could be a go-between for her and the Smith, with the understanding that she'd take a portion off the top as a delivery fee. There's also the possibility of Lopez's shop once Tabby has the chance to pay him a visit.
>> No. 150689
>>150687
There's a prize for reporting the thing. Like we did.

[x] Go meet Cirno with Yuugi. Talk with the oni first, find out if she plans on dealing with the Brood Mother herself. You want to get something nice frmo Cirno, so she can't learn much.
[x] Equip Akira and Dominique with the 2H Swords; Ellete, Honey Mints, BlackHeart and Yumi with the rods (remove one from Yumiko); Chris, Dominique and Russet with the Spiked Gauntlets; Vanice and Finni with the swords left.
-[x] Take Emerald and Meira with you
>> No. 150690
[X] Equip 1 PM Spike gauntlets on Chris, 1 on Russet, and 1 on Vanice.
[X] Equip the two 2H PM Swords to Akira and Dominique, and give the two regular PM swords to Bellflower and Finni.
[X] Equip 1 PM rod to Ellette, 1 to Honey, and 1 to Blackheart.
[X] Take four bottles.

Battle Plans
*To be filled in later*
>> No. 150691
>>150684
Battle plans~

[x] Go meet Cirno with Yuugi. Talk with the oni first, find out if she plans on dealing with the Brood Mother herself. You want to get something nice frmo Cirno, so she can't learn much. Bragging about tieing with Yuugi in a duel would be awesome too.
[x] Equip Akira and Dominique with the 2H Swords; Ellete, Honey Mints, BlackHeart and Yumi with the rods (remove one from Yumiko); Chris, Dominique and Russet with the Spiked Gauntlets; Finni and Widget with the swords left.

[x] Balais Windsweeper guards TI-6. Ruby is ungarrisoned from TI-6.
[x] Invade TI-5 with Meira, Lamia, Ellete, Honey, Yumi Gelatin, Blackheart, Deady, Dead2, Newdead, Chiko, Yumiko, Levina, Frabizia, Marshmellow Buttons, Elizabeth, Mallea, Ella, Henna, Vanice, Vanda.

[x] Invade TI-6 with Emerald, all brawlers, Ain, Soph, George, Iona Silk, Akira, Dominique, Finni, Widget and Ruby Waters.
[x] Both groups: Get as many squids as possible. Anyone taken by the [Tongue] is to be rescued, specially Meira and the Lamia. If Meira, Emerald and/or the Lamia are captured or swalloed, they are to be rescued immediatly. Swalloed units are to be rescued. Meira may stay on the defensive, fending off the Tongues if she deems it necessary. DO not rescue squids taken. Ignore anything else that is not a squid/Tongue.

So, yeah. Lots of squids in these areas, lots of money to make from them. Area 7 has 300 enemy HP and will give 108 silver, while Area 5 has 370 enemy HP and will give 132 silver. Emerald's group can deal 70 damage per turn, while Meira's group can deal at 114, after the ranged turn has tanke place. Did I mention these are the minimun damage? Because they can deal much more than that.

Now, all oof the numbers mentioned will be lower with the Tongue grabbing random people and killing them. Meira is supposed to be more defensive in this battle, since she can fend off the tongue, and must protect her and Lamia.
>> No. 150693
>>150691
If Yuugi's planning on killing the BM herself, it may be prudent to simply wait until the deed is done before engaging, then they can go in and slaughter everything without having to worry about the tongues. Or at least until Yuugi starts laying into it, as it'll be rather preoccupied while that's going down.
>> No. 150694
>>150688
>Tabby would need something Cirno would actually want to get anything out of her

How about...sealing the Brood Mother?

>2. Some form of access to the Underground's shops. Her armor is roughly Brass level, but her melee weapons seem to be worse than Copper, so if she's interested in upgrades Tabby could be a go-between for her and the Smith, with the understanding that she'd take a portion off the top as a delivery fee. There's also the possibility of Lopez's shop once Tabby has the chance to pay him a visit.

Let's not supply our enemies with weapons stronger than they have, please. The idea of commerce is a nice one, though I'd say that selling booze would be not only safer, but also profitable. Also, Yuugi might be happy to have more customers.
>> No. 150695
>>150693

Can't do anything about that now. We don't know if Yuugi will want to kill that thing or not, yet.

I think keeping the monster alive is for the better. It spawns Squids. It spawns money. Unless the reward for killing it is stupidly high, we're better off keeping it alive and kill everything it gives birth to.

Of course, we would need to talk Yuugi out of killing the beast, if she wants to kill it.
>> No. 150696
>>150694
The Brood Mother is handled. We can't use that as a bargaining chip, thank fucking god, it's got diplomatic incident written all over it.

I don't know shit about war stuff because I can't make sense of those maps, but you guys are planning to complete that deal with the kappa as soon as possible, right? I thought Kristoph was the only thing in our way.
>> No. 150697
>>150696

Yeah, we plan on reaching Nitori. It's just that strong enemies show up and other things keep us busy. Right now, profitable things, like 54 squids waiting to be turned into money.
>> No. 150698
>>150694
I imagine Yuugi's planning on painting the walls with squid goo, so sealing it would probably be rather unnecessary if this proves to be the case.

And while I'm not entirely sure she'd go for it, offering to trade a bottle of ale for every unit of copper they bring in might be workable, maybe offering a 3:2 or 4:3 ratio if she looks interested but hesitant.


>>150695
I really, really don't think talking her out of it would be even remotely possible, especially with Tabby's wonderful people skills. I'm half expecting Yuugi to have already left to deal with the thing, and to turn up at the meeting afterwards covered head-to-toe in squid guts.
>> No. 150700
[x]>>150691

This seems like a very sound plan.
>> No. 150702
Safe passage for Cirno's fairies when carrying cave slug meat to sell to Yuugi, in exchange for safe passage for us to deliver that letter. Maybe more later.

Cirno makes all her equipment out of ice so she'll probably spend it all on booze. And Yuugi is right there, ready to give her input or negotiate a price or whatever.
>> No. 150704
>>150589
>psiders
Psionic spiders?

>>150626
Yeah. Alcohol is a bitch.

>>150667
2nd edition wish, maybe. (Most people are likely to assume you mean 3.x, in which wish is much safer.)

>>150669
Pretty much. Welcome to the thread.

>>150684
>Bragging about tieing with Yuugi in a duel would be awesome too.
The only honest way to say that is "Miss Hoshiguma was kind enough to offer me a draw." Also, Cirno and Tabby should probably do as little talking as possible, because that makes bad things happen.

>>150691
>>150695
>>150697
>various war plans centered around the assumption that squid are still worth anything
The thing is, Yuugi may not want to buy squid from us for weeks if she can just haul back a ton of filet-of-queen. Also, Meira is our best asset, and she's far too likely to end up dead this way, even fighting defensively. Taken together, we have a better risk/reward ratio just selling her to the marilith for 1500 silvers.

That doesn't apply, of course, if the the Queen gets taken out before the TI-5/TI-7 battles; it will also reduce the risk significantly if someone deliberately kicks a squid corpse near the BMT every round (so that there's always something nearer it than Meira), and if Meira doesn't come out until that's happened once.

Honestly, FCOH-3* looks more tempting and feels more pressing. That Punishment Golem doesn't count as Leader-class, does it? It does have as much HP as Tabby... I'm a little tempted to say we should just send everyone into battle there.

I also think we should try for the LVIII entrance in Tunnels IV soonish, if only for the scout-info.

>>150698
I ... doubt copper's worth much to her. Especially not unrefined copper ore. (Although hopefully Tabby can fix that latter after she reads Chemistry.)

>>150702
I like this. Except I'd use the phrase "to trade to Yuugi for booze" rather than "to sell".

... or we could just not skip the middleman, and offer to buy cave-squid meat (and possibly sundries from the surface?) for booze. For Cirno I think a 100% markup sounds about right.
>> No. 150707
>middleman
Granting direct access is fairer. I'm more interested in generating goodwill than money.

Speaking of goodwill, we shouldn't bring an army anywhere near a diplomatic meeting, cave squid or not. That sends all sorts of bad signals.
And, like you said, the squid might not be worth anything.
>> No. 150709
>>150704
Meant Tabby could buy ale from Yuugi and trade it to Cirno for the copper, though yes, finding a foundry or something would help if the smith won't take it unprocessed.

As for the Punishment Golem, it's nowhere near Leader class. Even an undamaged one wouldn't count as one, it just has loads of HP as a quirk of the unit type.
>> No. 150713
File 132342619463.png - (108.31KB , 1546x787 , OOB8_proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
150713
>>150691
Proposed plan of attack 1, comments:

*Dominique has too many items.
*Some units have been equipped but not used
*Meiras damage has not been included in the calculations of average damage/turn since she’s on anti-tongue duty.
*TI-7 has no units capable of stopping BMT. Recommend attacking some other territory or waiting until BM has been dealt with.
>> No. 150714
>>150687
Oh, and btw. Average damage can be misleading as overkill is a very real possibility for our forces. Do take that into account.
>> No. 150718
>>150704
>various war plans centered around the assumption that squid are still worth anything

I don't know about you, but 200 silver in a single turns siunds much more attractive than 200 silver after 10 turns with our feeble income. We don't have other sources of income yet; we do not have a copper mine, nor a trade agreement with Cirno, nor whatever. Right now, squids are worth everything they give us.

That said, I'm seconding [x]>>150691's battle plans.
>> No. 150719
>>150702

this here is not such a bad idea
>> No. 150721
>>150704
>The thing is, Yuugi may not want to buy squid from us for weeks if she can just haul back a ton of filet-of-queen. Also, Meira is our best asset, and she's far too likely to end up dead this way, even fighting defensively. Taken together, we have a better risk/reward ratio just selling her to the marilith for 1500 silvers.

Yeah, but we don't know if she will really kill the queen, though it does seem likely. Even if she does kill the Brood Mother, we may still profit form her delicious royal meat. If it's too large to move from the tunnels, it probably is too big to be mvoed around either. There is a possibility that her corpse might become a resource to be harvested by our fairies, who will deliver the meat to Yuugi, instead of hunting down wild squids.

[x] Go meet Cirno with Yuugi. Talk with the oni first, find out if she plans on dealing with the Brood Mother herself. You want to get something nice frmo Cirno, so she can't learn much. Bragging about tieing with Yuugi in a duel would be awesome too.
[x] Equip Akira and Dominique with the 2H Swords; Ellete, Honey Mints, BlackHeart and Yumi with the rods (remove one from Yumiko); Chris, Vanice and Russet with the Spiked Gauntlets; Finni and Widget with the swords left.

[x] Balais Windsweeper guards TI-6. Ruby is ungarrisoned from TI-6.
[x] Invade TI-5 with Meira, Lamia, Yumi Gelatin, Blackheart, Deady, Dead2, Newdead, Chiko, Yumiko, Levina, Frabizia, Marshmellow Buttons, Elizabeth, Mallea, Ella, Henna, Vanice, Vanda and Ash. BARRIER follows to guard Meira/Lamia/Ash.
[x] Invade TI-6 with Emerald, all brawlers, Chris, Russet, Ellete, Honey, Ain, Soph, George, Iona Silk, Akira, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Ruby Waters. Give Emerald a good luck kiss and roll strategy for this battle.
[x] Both groups: Get as many squids as possible. Anyone taken by the [Tongue] is to be rescued, specially Meira and the Lamia. If Meira, Emerald, Ash and/or the Lamia are captured or swalloed, they are to be rescued immediatly. Swalloed units are to be rescued afther the mentioned four are freed. Meira may stay on the defensive, fending off the Tongues if she deems it necessary. Ellete and Honey may also stay on the defensive and burn the Tongue if they can to rescue friendly units. Do not rescue squids taken, and use them to bait the Tongue away if needed/possible. Ignore anything else that is not a squid/Tongue.

With >>150713 in mind, I'm following >>150691's plans, but with the corrections done and adding something of my own. Moved Ellete/Honey to Emerald's group to have someone to fend the Tongue off, added BARRIER and Ash to Meira's group to compensate this. I hope the Tongue is as sensitive as a human's tongue and avoids fire.
>> No. 150722
>>150721
The problem is not damage, it is speed. It seems to me, from our previous encounter, that Meira is the only one quick enough to intercept the BMTs.
>> No. 150723
>>150713
>MM - Ruby

Ruby is a DM, unfortunatly.
>> No. 150726
Yeah, pretty sure it's a speed thing.

And has been mentioned, have them wait to see if Yuugi kills the thing before going in. Not having the deal with the tongues makes the fights that much safer.

And if no one else does it, I'll probably take a crack at making alternate war plans to go hit the Hells later. If I can get around to it, at least.
>> No. 150727
>>150723
Damn, thought I had changed that. Oh, well.

>>150721
Normally I don’t vote on military matters, I merely make charts to make the information more clear for the people who do. This time however…

I feel that the plan is too risky with the BMTs thrown into the equation, but I do not really have time to present an alternative. So, I have this proposition:

[X] Let the troops wait until the absolute last moment before invading.

This will give us time to deal with the BM and will hopefully result in the BMTs being gone when our troops arrive.
>> No. 150729
>>150718
It helps if you read the entire post so that you actually know what the argument is, instead of stopping at the first line and making up a strawman.

The presence or absence of other sources of income doesn't change the value of the squid. The fact that tomorrow Yuugi might not buy squid at all does.

>>150726
If you do, [x] it has my preemptive support. If you don't, [x] everybody pile on the Hell Hound first; then everybody attacks the remaining unit with the lowest HP that they can do damage to.
>> No. 150730
I am willing to bet that Yuugi gives us a portion of the money for the brood mother. Seeing as we told her about it.
>> No. 150731
>>150730
Tabby reported it and Yuugi happens to like her quite a bit, so I'd say that's a fairly safe bet.

>>150729
I'm really horribly lazy. Just warning you up front~

But yeah, if I do it's probably going to be just having everyone free pile in on the area, but there might be enough spare forces to go take another territory elsewhere at the same time; I'll have to look it over later.
>> No. 150734
>>150733

I assume you mean TI-7, not TI-6. as it's kind of pointless to attack our own territory.
>> No. 150738
>>150734
Eh, I copy-pasted large chunks of >>150721 's vote, and didn't look through it carefully enough it seems. Lemme edit it then.

>>I'm more interested in generating goodwill than money.

Yes, but see, you're an idiot (and I'm being nice here). Also, "Bragging" about tieing with Yuugi? How fucking old are you guys? Three? If you want to get across that you're not weak, all you need to do is ask Yuugi "Hey Yuugi, would you describe me as being 'weak'?", and let Yuugi do the rest. Remember, Tabby has 1 CHA here. Stop being dipshits.

[x] Equip Akira and Dominique with the 2H Swords; Ellete, Honey Mints, BlackHeart and Yumi with the rods (remove one from Yumiko); Chris, Vanice and Russet with the Spiked Gauntlets; Finni and Widget with the swords left.
[X] Take four bottles.
[x] Go meet Cirno with Yuugi. Talk with the oni first, find out if she plans on dealing with the Brood Mother herself.

[x] Balais Windsweeper guards TI-6. Ruby is ungarrisoned from TI-6.
[x] Invade TI-5 with Meira, Lamia, Yumi Gelatin, Blackheart, Deady, Dead2, Newdead, Chiko, Yumiko, Levina, Frabizia, Marshmellow Buttons, Elizabeth, Mallea, Ella, Henna, Vanice, Vanda and Ash. BARRIER follows to guard Meira/Lamia/Ash.
[x] Invade TI-7 with Emerald, all brawlers, Chris, Russet, Ellete, Honey, Ain, Soph, George, Iona Silk, Akira, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Ruby Waters. Give Emerald a good luck kiss and roll strategy for this battle.
[x] Both groups: Get as many squids as possible. Anyone taken by the [Tongue] is to be rescued, specially Meira and the Lamia. If Meira, Emerald, Ash and/or the Lamia are captured or swallowed, they are to be rescued immediatly. Swallowed units are to be rescued afther the mentioned four are freed. Meira may stay on the defensive, fending off the Tongues if she deems it necessary. Ellete and Honey may also stay on the defensive and burn the Tongue if they can to rescue friendly units. Do not rescue squids taken, and use them to bait the Tongue away if needed/possible. Ignore anything else that is not a squid/Tongue.
>> No. 150739
>>150734
Looking at it, most of the current war votes make that mistake~

>>150731
I find myself without the time to play around with the numbers, so...

[x] Equip Akira and Dominique with the 2H Swords; Ellete, Honey Mints, BlackHeart and Yumi with the rods (remove one from Yumiko, though let her know she'll be getting a replacement soon); Chris, Vanice and Russet with the Spiked Gauntlets; Finni and Widget with the swords left.
[x]Take.... eh, go for four bottles.
[x]Swing by Yuugi's to see if she's still in. Go with her if she is, hurry along if she isn't.
[x]Bring... Yumiko, Levina, Chris, and Akira as "guards", though they're mostly along to help move the ale and to move Tabby around faster.
[x]Take.. Alexandria and Ruby off of garrison duty.
[x]Everyone not escorting Tabby goes to Old Hell Area 3 and stomps it into the ground. Focus the Hound and the Survivor first, then the melee goes for the zombies while the ranged hit the spirits. Hit the golem after they're down and mop up the fairies afterwards. Roll for Strategy, etc.

Gimme a poke if I forgot anything.
>> No. 150740
>>150738
>If you want to get across that you're not weak, all you need to do is ask Yuugi "Hey Yuugi, would you describe me as being 'weak'?", and let Yuugi do the rest.

And risk her being honest and say yes? Tabuki is weak, she just has power.

But eh, you're right. Didn't even notice the Territory mistake, and bragging might be...incorrect. But having Yuugi around to help making Tabuki more intimidating could be good. Not sure anyway, so I will just ask Kahi to completely ignore the part about bragging from >>150721.
>> No. 150743
>>150738
1 Cha has never stopped Tabby from making friends. Boneheaded voting, like trying to brag, did.

And yes, friends are more important than money. In a tangible sense. That kickass robe? Not available in stores. An alliance with any other Leader, later, will be worth way more than the pittance we could scam out of them.
>> No. 150746
Bragging does feel very in character thoug..we are kind of obnoxious.
>> No. 150748
>>150746
The one time I can recall Tabby talking about her own level of skill was with Mima, who called her out for selling herself short. She may have poor people skills, but that doesn't make her a braggart.


...


You know, come to think of it, did Mima ever actually tell Tabby the name of her student? Or at least write it on the envelope somewhere?
>> No. 150750
>>150743

>Boneheaded voting

Well sir, Tabby has 1 strength correct? Therefore; any intentional vote that requires a strength roll would be stupid because it would obviously be out of character.

ergo; what you call "Boneheaded voting" is actually just Anon trying to keep Tabby in character, and not saying things that charismatic gentlemen such as yourself and I would say(in reference to normal, non-boneheaded votes).
>> No. 150751
File 132347135222.jpg - (456.66KB , 1048x1500 , Konngara.jpg ) [iqdb]
150751
Autosage is not here yet, but looking at post numbers it's standing at the gates and tapping its watch impatiently. So, continue voting, but I'll go ahead and start up the bonus now too.

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

And rolling for the secondary bonus, d4=...2. Okay, let's see which person I draw out of the hat for you....

---

Konngara

A powerful being who wanders through the various hells and afterlives, seeking out opponents. In life, she was a powerful Oni, and a distinguished swordswoman. Her pride, however, was a part of her downfall. In her final battle, she wagered her horn against an opponent's own greatest treasure, and accepted a host of handicaps, for the sake of evening the playing field. She would have proved victorious nevertheless, had her opponent not cheated, poisoning the drinks offered before the match. Having drunk the antidote previously, and only drinking lightly as a 'show of good faith', the man was protected from the poison. Having no such security herself, and drinking the offered spirits with all eagerness, Konngara bore no such protection and was mightily weakened.

In her defeat, she did not beg or rail at her opponent's cheating tricks, but tore loose her own horn and tossed it contemptuously to the man's feet, before staggering off into the wilderness, where she succumbed to the combined efforts of the poison and blood loss from her wounds.

Was too stubborn to pass completely on, or to reincarnate and risk becoming something other than Oni, and evaded the Shinigami sent to collect her for long enough, while causing minimal trouble, that those in charge deemed the attempt to enforce procedure in this case 'a waste of resources and time best expended elsewhere', and chose to ignore her until she either made enough of a problem to once more become an issue worth attention, or came on her own to be processed and sent along.

Aside from this, things changed very little for Konngara following her death. With some effort, a suitable spike was located to take the place of her missing horn and mostly stopper up the gaping and bleeding hole it had left, and she was now somewhat more difficult to harm in the manner of direct battle she preferred. She continued as before, seeking out the thrill of battle, though fewer and fewer worthy opponents appeared as years passed. She has found that the Konpaku line, however, nearly always offers an interesting battle.

May appear in: Hells, Makai, Hakugyokuro, Sanzu and Beyond. Will only do battle in single-combat. May be convinced to wager on the outcome. Will not fight under another's commands, but may, in theory, be convinced to teach some of what she knows. May offer a boon of some sort to those she is impressed with.

Cannot be bound. Because I knew someone would ask. Just presume that canon touhou = no, you probably can't hit them in the back of the head and bind them into something shiny.
>> No. 150753
Huh, wandering encounter for (potential) Meira powerups. Interesting.

The Orin matter is resolved, so no huge need to dig up background info on her right now. Sakura's still a possible option though. And while I kinda want to see how the Negotiator encounter or Tactical Stealth Zombie Action could have gone differently, they're not what I'd call a priority.

[x]Background Information: Sakura

I'll leave my vote on this for now.
>> No. 150754
>>150751
>Cannot be bound. Because I knew someone would ask. Just presume that canon touhou = no, you probably can't hit them in the back of the head and bind them into something shiny.

One would think such thing was obvious, but well, better safe than sorry, huh?

[ ] Background Information (Yuugi)

We used a bonus on Parsee, so why not on Yuugi? We want to keep her as a friend forever, don't we?
>> No. 150755
>>150752

Refer to: >>148391
>> No. 150760
It's funny how people don't seem to take into account that having the attack groups simply wait a bit before engaging could dramatically lower the risks involved in harvesting the squid.

If Yuugi says she's going to "take care" of something, that something is going to have a really bad day.

Besides, as Meira pointed out, she's pretty much the only one of your troops that would be able to react in time to the BM grabbing someone.
>> No. 150761
File 132347442232.jpg - (151.12KB , 850x743 , sample-cc35f28024067df1d45109c517bd114c.jpg ) [iqdb]
150761
A few more requests have filtered in from the troops~

Bellflower: Would like a hammer, with which to hammer things.
Rainy: Requests a set of daggers.
Alexandria: Desires Plate mail.
Jones: A good solid cutlass would be nice, but will be happy with anything that can keep an edge.
Elizabeth: Some sort of fancy garment.
Rhapsody: Wants a shiny staff.
Kerrin: Would like a set of leather gloves.
>> No. 150762
[x] Background Information: Sakura

It is high time that we finally find her.
>> No. 150763
>>150762
Pissing against the wind~

[x] What would have happened had Tabuki decided to make herself a Harem?
>> No. 150764
>>150751
There goes Mima plan B. Shame, a staff of twilight spark would have been awesome
>> No. 150765
(You know, you'd think Tabuki would ask Yuugi about all this before actually committing troops. Sigh. We should probably get into the habit of making conditional plans rather than assumptions.)

> [ ] What would have happened had Tabuki decided to make herself a Harem?
With Charisma 1? She'd have to learn some tricks from Koishi. Or, alternately, learn to make BARRIERs.

>>150748
... huh. Let's check on that, then, shall we?
[x] Background information (Mima's student)
>> No. 150767
Bellflower: Would like a hammer, with which to hammer things.
Rainy: Requests a set of daggers.
Alexandria: Desires Plate mail.
Jones: A good solid cutlass would be nice, but will be happy with anything that can keep an edge.
Elizabeth: Some sort of fancy garment.
Rhapsody: Wants a shiny staff.
Kerrin: Would like a set of leather gloves.
Akira- Likes her sword well enough, but would prefer one with a bit more heft to it.
Rainy- Would like a set of daggers.
Winter- Thinks weapons are all well and good, but would really prefer a set of good, stompy boots, if possible.
Bernice- Wants armor. Any kind of armor.
Marshmallow- Would like a shield to keep between herself and chompy things, please.
Valkyrie- Wants a spear or an axe.
Virgo- Wants armor. All the armor.
Mimi- Would like one of those silky robes.
The Brawlers- Are fine as things are, but request a bottle of ale.
>> No. 150768
I seem to have thrown Rainy in there twice. My bad, pretend she only asked for those the once.
>> No. 150769
>>142350

Most importantly,
>I won't lie to you. Pick this, and every bit of information I give you about Sakura will be the truth. But you won't get the whole story. You'll be limited to what she knows about herself and what she's doing, right now.

Back then, we didn't pick Sakura's background info because we want the whole story. It might have changed since, but I don't want to do EASY MODO--let's reach stage 6.
>> No. 150770
>>150769
And adding a vote:
[x] Background info: Cirno

This might help our interactions with her go even better.
>> No. 150771
[x] Background information(Cirno)
I like this the best
>> No. 150772
>>150769

I thought it was because of what Satori taught us. I considered that to be sufficient, honestly. All else needs to be gotten directly from her.

Also, I'm pretty sure we will have to option of arranging a meeting between her and Okuu. That will give us another excuse to visit Okuu (Because I miss her and we need to tell her about our Nuke Magic used against Yuugi) and Nitori. Informing Nitori of the difficulties of reaching her place and maybe ask about kappa designed weapons.

>>150768

No problems. Since she asked for the same thing and hasn't been answered yet, it's quite logical to receive another request from her.
>> No. 150773
We totally should bind something today. Kristoph took only a few minutes for the binding (after being weakned), but the spirits we don't need to fight before binding are pratically free gifts. Shouldn't take more than Kristoph.

We could let it for after meeting Cirno, though.
>> No. 150774
>>150691 Here. Emerald's group is supposed to go to TI-5, not TI-6. That was careless of me.

I'm also changing my original plans to second these fixed ones >>150738.

Man, counting the votes must be hard, with so many variations of the same plan, and then fixing little errors.
>> No. 150775
>>150772
Nah, next request will be a pair of chains, for knife-chucks.


And yeah, grabbing a random weapon and shoving an earth spirit inside of it to see what happens
should occur at some point.
>> No. 150776
[x] Background information: Negotiator
My hero~ Sorry for clogging the thread with arguing.
>> No. 150777
>>150775
The effect varies, remember? The only set effects are guys like Kristoph.

[x] Shove a rock spirit in a rock.
>> No. 150778
>>150777
Uh, yes? The only way we're going to find out what items get what bonuses with what spirit is by shoving as many different spirits into as many different item classes as we can.
>> No. 150784
>>150774
Err… you mean TI-7, right? Attacking TI-5 with Emeralds group alone would be suicide.

On the matter of our hundreds of plans with slight variations: perhaps we should change how we vote for them. As in, not voting until a few hours before Kahi normally logs on? This should give us some time to review and correct them.
>> No. 150792
>>150784
Emerald's group will do a minimum of around 70 damage each turn. Yes, you read that right. MINIMUM damage is in the 70 range. They're fine, so stop over-worrying here.
>> No. 150793
>>150792

No, he is right. Emerald's supposed to go to TI-7. It seems I mixed things up again, damn.
>> No. 150794
>>150792
You do realize that the enemy in that territory do around 88 average damage/turn and has around 390HP? If we lost initiative here we would die.
>> No. 150795
>>150794
According to Kahi, places without leaders to recognize that an attack may come cannot get initiative. So, no worries.

I'd include a post number, but as far as I'm aware it was only stated in the chat on the spreadsheet thing.
>> No. 150798
>>150794

I'm curious. The only time we did not have initiative was against Kristohp. Every other battle we were the first ones to act. Why do people kept assuming that neutral monster could roll for initiative? Wev'e had too many battles to blame it on luck/coincidence.
>> No. 150799
In simply comparing the damage, you're not taking into account the effect the BM's Tongues will have on any given battle. If you want to attack those areas, leave a proviso to have them wait until Yuugi's dealt with the BM before attacking, that way you don't have to worry about randomly losing troops or potential bounties to the BM during the fighting.

Alternately, if you don't agree with it there's another plan to go stomp OH3, which gets Tabby to the junction and one step closer to Nitori, and avoids any potential diplomatic sticking points from having your army within earshot of the meeting place.

There's also the fact that going for the squid territories also leaves Tabby with little to no escort, and thus limits her movement speed and carrying capacity rather sharply, but that's another matter altogether.
>> No. 150800
>>150798
>>150795
You are correct of course. I apologize for jumping to conclusions without examining our past battles.
>> No. 150801
Checking back to Thread 3, Emerald also noted that having a decent escort is pretty much expected, so going alone or with only one other fairy is something of a diplomatic gaffe in and of itself.
>> No. 150802
First: >>150753
Swap this to [x]Background Info: Cirno
Can't hurt.

Second: I must depart for a good portion of the day, so I'll leave this here in a vain attempt to garner support for a course of action that would actually work; both in the sense that it wouldn't lead to potential diplomatic errors, and in the sense that it would be physically possible.

1)Bringing booze to the meeting is good! Not having anyone help her get it there isn't. Tabby is tiny on top of being weak. Those bottles are at least as big as she is. With Gravity H4X running full blast, she might be able to drag one to the meeting, but it'd take her all day to get it over there and it'd probably break along the way. She's going to need help getting the stuff over there, and it'd be faster if someone could fly her over as well, which leads into...

2)Bring a freaking escort. Emerald said in Thread 3 that it'd be rude not to, and Tabby's going to need help getting the stuff over.

Bleh, out of time.
>> No. 150806
>>150802
>Those bottles are at least as big as she is.

Where did you get that from? I cannot remember such thing being mentioned in the story, like, ever.

And even if Tabuki is fairy sized, I'm pretty sure she can carry at least two bottles, one on each hand. Specially withg ravity hax.
>> No. 150809
Hey Kahi, give me a day or so to reword a better vote option for everyone here.
>> No. 150810
>>150809

Bonus vote or story vote? If the first, I may support that. If the second, well, the faster the update comes, the better
>> No. 150811
>>150810
Story vote. Trying to figure out who to bring as an escort, the best strategy to use (as there was no second tongue there the first time around), and other assorted shit like that. Unfortunately, I have to go to a funeral in about five minutes after I post this, so I won't be able to type up a fixed story vote until a good 12 hours or so have passed.
>> No. 150813
File 132354138916.png - (102.73KB , 1622x722 , OOB8_proposed_plan_of_attack_2.png ) [iqdb]
150813
This is an alternative battle plan for those who want: To not attack into BMTs, advance faster into the fire chambers and have a greater escort for the diplomatic meeting.
Oh, and if you want to have faster access to sub tunnels IV…
Check the spreadsheet for details.

Battle plan:
[X] Invade FC-OH3
-[X] DMs: Focus on the Fire Wisps, FFs: Focus on the zombies, Meira and the rest: Focus on: the Hellhound and the survivor.
-[X] Once the targets are down, take down the rest of the group but save the golem for last.
[X] Invade TIV-LVIII
-[X] Take down the squids first, then the zombies and everyone else.
[X] Take Emerald, the brawlers and barrier to the meeting with Cirno.
>> No. 150819
[X] Invade FC-OH3
-[X] DMs: Focus on the Fire Wisps, FFs: Focus on the zombies, Meira and the rest: Focus on: the Hellhound and the survivor.
-[X] Once the targets are down, take down the rest of the group but save the golem for last.
[X] Invade TIV-LVIII
-[X] Take down the squids first, then the zombies and everyone else.
[X] Take Emerald, the brawlers and barrier to the meeting with Cirno.
>> No. 150820
>>150811

How about a barmaid? They know how to serve drinks, and 5 silver won't make a difference when we harvest 200 silver from the squids.
>> No. 150822
>>150813
>>150819

May I suggest focusing on Hell Hound and then Golem first? Yes, the golem has 100 HP, but it can also kill an average mook with a single attack.
>> No. 150823
>>150822

By the way, not following the vote for invading hell. It's not time yet.
>> No. 150824
It's definitely time.

[X] Invade FC-OH3
-[X] DMs: Focus on the Fire Wisps, FFs: Focus on the zombies, Meira and the rest: Focus on: the Hellhound and the survivor.
-[X] Once the targets are down, take down the rest of the group but save the golem for last.
[X] Invade TIV-LVIII
-[X] Take down the squids first, then the zombies and everyone else.
[X] Take Emerald, the brawlers and barrier to the meeting with Cirno.
>> No. 150825
>>150729 here. That preemptive vote is for [x] >>150813.

>>150822
Yes, but so can eight mooks -- and we can take out eight mooks faster than we can take out the Golem.

More precisely, the issue is that the damage-to-HP ratio of the Punishment Golem is actually pretty low: its average (rather than maximum) damage-per-turn is 10.5, the same as seven mooks. It would take longer to kill than those seven mooks would, and unlike the mooks its damage-per-turn stays at 10.5 until it's down.

Thus, until the mooks are gone, an attack that could help take out a mook but would just damage the golem is... well, not an outright waste, but certainly suboptimal.
>> No. 150827
Yay! Someone less lazy than me worked everything out~

>>150739
Change war vote to: [x]>>150813
[x]Don't forget the booze~
>> No. 150828
>>150819
>>150824
>>150825
>>150827

If you don't make a vote for equipping shit, it doesn't get equipped. Hence, none of you equipped ANY of the spare equipment as you did not make a vote to do so.
>> No. 150830
>>150828
Also, none of them made a vote for who to take with them as escort either. So let me guess, not only are they going in without those weapons we had Tabby buy, but Tabby isn't going to go with the booze or an escort because these geniuses didn't bother to vote for anything on the matter, right? Yeah, fuck that.
>> No. 150833
I'd rather expand outward, where other fairy generals will come first, than expand into hell, which we pretty much control the only access to.
(Slightly edited version of >>150756)

[x] Equip Akira and Dominique with the 2H Swords; Ellete, Honey Mints, BlackHeart and Yumi with the rods (remove one from Yumiko); Chris, Vanice and Russet with the Spiked Gauntlets; Finni and Widget with the swords left.
[x] Thank the maids and dawn for their good work.

[x] Take four bottles with you, and send one with the brawlers for morale bonus.
[x] Go meet Cirno with Yuugi, Elizabeth, Iona Silk, Russet Gloss, and Vanice Fire. Talk with the oni first, find out if she plans on dealing with the Brood Mother herself.

[x] Balais Windsweeper guards TI-6. Ruby is ungarrisoned from TI-6.
[x] Invade TI-5 with Meira, Lamia, Yumi Gelatin, Blackheart, Deady, Dead2, Newdead, Chiko, Yumiko, Levina, Frabizia, Marshmellow Buttons, Mallea, Ella, Henna, Vanda and Ash. BARRIER follows to guard Meira/Lamia/Ash.
[x] Invade TI-7 with Emerald, all brawlers, Chris, Russet, Ellete, Honey, Ain, Soph, George, Iona Silk, Akira, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Ruby Waters. Give Emerald a good luck kiss and roll strategy for this battle.
[x] Both groups: Get as many squids as possible. Anyone taken by the [Tongue] is to be rescued, specially Meira and the Lamia. If Meira, Emerald, Ash and/or the Lamia are captured or swallowed, they are to be rescued immediatly. Swallowed units are to be rescued after the mentioned four are freed. Meira may stay on the defensive, fending off the Tongues if she deems it necessary. Ellete and Honey may also stay on the defensive and burn the Tongue if they can to rescue friendly units. Do not rescue squids taken, and use them to bait the Tongue away if needed/possible. Ignore anything else that is not a squid/Tongue.
[x] Background information(Cirno)
>> No. 150834
What on earth are you talking about? Gear changes, attack assignments, and who's on escort duty are all on the chart. And even if you didn't bother looking at it, which is obvious, the escort is included as it's own line in the vote. The only thing I'd ask people to remember is to vote to bring some of the ale, which is the only thing that I've noticed that's been omitted.

Try reading the votes before attacking them, you only make yourself look foolish.
>> No. 150835
>>150834
Yes, they're on the chart. A pity that they're not in the vote though.
>> No. 150836
>>150833 has a point. We surround hell, but if we don't expand outwards, the other fairies will expand to us.

[x]>>150833
>> No. 150837
>>150828
>>150830
>>150835

… really? Is anything not written behind a [x] ignored? Fine, have it your way.

[x] Amend >>150813
[x] Equip Akira and Dominique with the 2H Swords; Ellete, Honey Mints, BlackHeart and Yumi with the rods (remove one from Yumiko); Chris, Vanice and Russet with the Spiked Gauntlets; Finni and Widget with the swords left.
[x] Don't forget the booze~
>> No. 150839
>>150756 here. I suppose the changes that >>150833 made will have to suffice. I'll delete my post and post the altered version I guess. I already made my bonus vote, so I'll leave that be.

>>what you call "Boneheaded voting" is actually just Anon trying to keep Tabby in character

Ha! As if most of the people here can even remember what her character is supposed to be. As >>150746 proves, the people trying to 'keep her in character' are individuals of dubious intelligence, goals, tact, and hygiene.

[x] Equip Akira and Dominique with the 2H Swords; Ellete, Honey Mints, BlackHeart and Yumi with the rods (remove one from Yumiko); Chris, Vanice and Russet with the Spiked Gauntlets; Finni and Widget with the swords left.
[x] Thank the maids and dawn for their good work.

[x] Take four bottles with you, and send one with the brawlers for morale bonus.
[x] Go meet Cirno with Yuugi, Elizabeth, Iona Silk, Russet Gloss, and Vanice Fire. Talk with the oni first, find out if she plans on dealing with the Brood Mother herself.

[x] Balais Windsweeper guards TI-6. Ruby is ungarrisoned from TI-6.
[x] Invade TI-5 with Meira, Lamia, Yumi Gelatin, Blackheart, Deady, Dead2, Newdead, Chiko, Yumiko, Levina, Frabizia, Marshmellow Buttons, Mallea, Ella, Henna, Vanda and Ash. BARRIER follows to guard Meira/Lamia/Ash.
[x] Invade TI-7 with Emerald, all brawlers, Chris, Russet, Ellete, Honey, Ain, Soph, George, Iona Silk, Akira, Dominique, Finni, Widget, Ruby Waters. Give Emerald a good luck kiss and roll strategy for this battle.
[x] Both groups: Get as many squids as possible. Anyone taken by the [Tongue] is to be rescued, specially Meira and the Lamia. If Meira, Emerald, Ash and/or the Lamia are captured or swallowed, they are to be rescued immediatly. Swallowed units are to be rescued after the mentioned four are freed. Meira may stay on the defensive, fending off the Tongues if she deems it necessary. Ellete and Honey may also stay on the defensive and burn the Tongue if they can to rescue friendly units. Do not rescue squids taken, and use them to bait the Tongue away if needed/possible. Ignore anything else that is not a squid/Tongue.
>> No. 150840
One would expect Tabuki will take the bottles wherever we make a write-in for it or not. That's the whole reason she bought them.
>> No. 150842
>>150835
Half the votes for one course of action have Tabby attacking her own territory, the ones that aren't are sending her troops into a meat grinder, and most of them have her going to meet Cirno alone or with minimal escort and are somehow expecting her to bring several bottles of ale* when she needs help just to pick up a book.

And you're trying to nitpick a formatting detail?




*Remember Zombie Infiltration Shenanigans? When Deady was looking at the bottles of ale in Sunny's larder, they were as big as she was, and Tabby's fairy-sized. I would assume the bottles of ale Yuugi sells would be of similar size.
>> No. 150843
I'm glad I'm not counting these votes. Is there anything we can do to make that simpler?
>> No. 150844
>>150842
>When Deady was looking at the bottles of ale in Sunny's larder, they were as big as she was

Pretty sure they were actually transparent containers, and not bottles. Either that, or the only bottle size in Gensokyo is oni size.
>> No. 150845
>>150843

Yes. Make less mistakes. I swear I'm going to find a proofreader when I come up with another battle plan.
>> No. 150846
>>Half the votes for one course of action have Tabby attacking her own territory

Have =/= Had. We fixed that problem once it was pointed out. The question remains, have you done the same for your vote?
>> No. 150847
>>150844
Most bottles are transparent containers :P

But as a more serious answer: Remember buying the Negotiator and her four escorts drinks? Cost a single silver per round. If it was three silvers for a fairy-sized bottle it'd have been considerably more expensive.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure Kahi will be around to clear this up eventually.
>> No. 150848
>>150847

Yeah, but that was from genuine oni ale. We know it's source and can trust the makes/seller.

Now, the alcohol from above? Only explanation would be Suika, but we can't be sure fo that. Can't be sure that it's not her either, for that matter...
>> No. 150849
>>150846 ...you really need to start reading before you comment. --> >>150837
>> No. 150850
>>150848
Eh, I imagine Kahi will confirm the size of the bottles next time he's around, better to just leave this rest for the time being.



>>150846
A couple of them never got fixed. As for mine? I don't see the need. The votes very obviously refer to the chart and the changes noted on it, and you'd have to very petty or anal-retentive to discount them for not explicitly placing an x next to a copy of the chart.

If you disagree with the course of action, fine, but try to come up with an argument that doesn't boil down to petty nitpicking.

The other course of action, while the more recent votes have been changed to allow for an escort, has other arguments pointing out several rather large flaws in the plan. I haven't seen anyone trying to refute, correct, or in some cases even acknowledge them.


Oh, and I'd rather push towards territories that may hold potential long-term value rather than to deny a couple of otherwise worthless areas from another leader. Besides, it's entirely possible that Tabby will be able to get them anyways, as Cirno isn't particularly fond of the Underground; tell her at the meeting that you'll mop up the last of the squid so she can focus on surface matters and there's a pretty good chance she'll go for it.
>> No. 150851
There are minor variations in damn near ALL of these votes, so I'm just counting them based on what they're trying to do.

Votes for invading the areas with the squids.
>>150700
>>150718
>>150721
>>150738
>>150774
>>150833
>>150836
>>150839

Votes for invading the Hells.
>>150813
>>150819
>>150824
>>150825
>>150827
>> No. 150852
>>150850

It seems we are 1/3 of the size of Cirno. >>142527
>> No. 150853
Here is a count of the BONUS VOTES.

[x]Background Information: Sakura
>>150753
>>150762

[ ] Background Information (Yuugi)
>>150754

[x] What would have happened had Tabuki decided to make herself a Harem?
>>150763

[x] Background information (Mima's student)
>>150765

[x] Background info: Cirno
>>150770
>>150771
>>150802
>>150833

[x] Background information: Negotiator
>>150776
>> No. 150855
>>150852

I think that's just Cirno being huge. Unless she is a human child's size, like said in PMiSS, then yeah, Tabby is tiny. You could even say she is a tiny, tiny clever commander leader
>> No. 150856
File 132356562434.png - (1.04MB , 1382x677 , sizecomparison.png ) [iqdb]
150856
Alright, size arguments.

Cirno is huge. For a fairy. And that's about human-child size, for everyone else. Tabby is indeed approximately a third of that height.

So, for visualization purposes, assume humans stand at six feet tall. Some are taller or shorter, but for convenience sake assume it's around there, or a little less. Now, Cirno would be half that tall, less than three feet in height. And Tabby, along with the vast majority of fairies, would be about a third of that, under a foot tall. About the size of a child's doll, or a liter-bottle of soda. Or a bottle of beer.

So yes, she's small. Pic related, the circled one is about the size you should be thinking, compared to greater fae, above, and human-size-things, to the left.

As to the bottle Sunny has, that should have been intuitive. Fairies have sticky fingers.
>> No. 150857
>>150856
Is the character in that picture wielding a saxaphone?
>> No. 150858
>>150857
Looks like a flute to me.
>> No. 150859
>>150857
>>150858

Always something to talk about.
>> No. 150866
You know, it occurs to me that there's nothing that I can think of that would stop the BM from attacking an area with more than one tentacle if it senses an abundance of food in an area.

After all, it's not like cave squids are lacking in the tentacle department, and Cirno's rendered the other areas off limits for the time being, so it might not be particularly hard to move a few tongues from trying to break through in the locked zones in an attempt to do away with the fast moving sharp pointy thing that's trying to stop it from eating(or, on the off chance they're fast/strong enough to stop it, the little floaty burny things).
>> No. 150867
Hey crazy thought guys, Can Tabuki catch the Brood Mother spirit when it kill. Or does Tabuki powers not work that way.
>> No. 150868
God, no. Capturing souls is bad enough when they're stale, getting them fresh is pure evil.
>> No. 150870
>>150867

I'm assuming >>150759 is you as well.

Welcome to THP. Please read the rules at >>/gensokyo/6052. You seem to have realized that names are discouraged unless you are the author of a story, which is good. In the future, please take the time to look through your post for errors.
>> No. 150871
Nope, Not me. Sorry about the grammar and punctuation errors. I just posted that quickly before I had to go to work, And didn't reread it.
>> No. 150872
>>150867
>>150871

About that, let me theorize a bit.

Tabuki can only bind spirits, right? For something to have a soul/spirit, in my vision, it needs to have a consiousness. Does it have a conciousness, then it has a soul, and if its spirit mantains its conciousness even after death, then it needs to be weakned to be bound. If it does not have a conciousness, then it probably does not have anything to be bound.

After the first part is solved, and in the case the Brood Mother have indeed a soul to be bound, then there is still the problem of finding it, and then binding it fast enough for its spirit not to escape.

Now, I may be terribly wrong about all that. Theoris can only be as right as experimentation allows.

>>150868

The hell is wrong with you to feel sympathy for that thing? It's an irrational monster, whose only activities is to devour innocents, and shit babies that is may also eat.
>> No. 150887
File 132371892613.jpg - (567.02KB , 1024x768 , cf4b797773e0f980688b8a7ba493fc5dbc2b7758.jpg ) [iqdb]
150887
Cirno:

A fairy of Winter, unusual in that the majority of fae in Gensokyo are of a Summer nature. She gets along well enough with other fairies, however. Nearing three feet in height, she is on the larger side of things for Greater Fairies, though she is topped by several inches by both Dai and Lily. Is a few inches taller than the three fairies of Light, however.

Her special skill is manipulation of 'cold', which she uses to create ice. This works reasonably well for creating arms and armor, though better for the latter. Thick ice holds up against blows better than thinner blades of ice withstand being used to hit things. Both are prone, to a degree, to cracking and shattering, though she can easily and instantly recreate them while she is on hand. Does not reveal from where she learned to craft Golems, but looks insufferably smug when questioned over it. Has relatively recently moved to a small 'castle' made of her ice, floating in the middle of the lake similarly to a glacier.

Physically, she is quite powerful. Not simply for fairies, her physical strength is unusual in that it leaves her superior to nearly all humans, and many youkai. She takes great pride in this, and doesn't hesitate to let others know she is 'the Strongest'. She is also very perceptive, for a fairy, though she has the tendency to draw the wrong conclusion about things she sees, leading others to ignore the things she intuits correctly. This allows her to see patterns in spell-cards easily, though.

Magically, however, she is rather weak, and she is somewhat clumsy, preventing her from taking proper advantage of the openings she can see. And so in Gansokyo, where nearly all combat is magical to some degree and dodging properly is one of the most important combat tactics, her declarations of strength come off as the unfounded and arrogant boasting of a child. She does not much appreciate this. A spellcard designed specifically to trick the enemy into close-combat range, well before close combat was introduced into danmaku rules, did not help matters. Interestingly, Hoshiguma Yuugi has a card that works on the same principle, forcing the enemy to either move closer to her person or be swamped with an ocean of unavoidable bullets.

Fairly direct and to the point, she doesn't have much use for diplomacy word-games, though she makes an attempt at them in any case, refusing to simply back down from the verbal challenges. This usually results in other Leaders running circles around her in meetings, until she loses her patience entirely from frustration and turns things into a direct confrontation. Hates to be kept waiting, as she considers it a dismissal of her importance. Naturally, other leaders make a point of leaving her sitting for at least a few minutes, before opening discussions.

As with most fairies, does not have many inhibitions, and will reward deserving troops as she sees appropriate. Not above luring unwary humans and youkai to secluded areas, however. Though this is not an uncommon danger, when living near fairies, and the majority of those she lures head out fully intending to be captured.

Gets along reasonably well with several lesser youkai, and is friendly with Dai, an opposing leader. Also on good terms with the scarlet gatekeeper, Hong Meiling, and the youkai of flowers, Kazami Yuuka. On reasonably good terms with Kanako and Hina, but relations with Sanae and the goddesses of Fall are a little chilly. Fairly neutral towards most others. Regularly duels to the 'death' with Suwako. Usually loses these battles, but both parties enjoy the fights too much to be considered unfriendly with one another, and on multiple occasions have limped off the field of battle to share drinks. Also on multiple occasions, one or the other have woken up in the wrong bedroom. Is considered a bad influence on the goddess by Sanae. Garnered some note from Alice Margatroid, following Goliath Doll matter.

Despite lack of talent, has some minor obsession with improving her magical abilities and repertoire. Will go to some length to acquire a new spell, or a trinket to magnify her own power. Weak to heat and fire, but upon display of attacks geared to take advantage of her weaknesses, will prioritize removal of their users from the battle, unless something more important comes up. Can create thick walls of ice to take attacks in her stead. Defaults to a sword and shield, but can also wield a spear or two-handed sword reasonably well, or forgo the shield for a second sword.

Forces consist primarily of Knights and Witches. Additional forces include Martial Artists.
>> No. 150888
>On reasonably good terms with Kanako and Hina

Ok, Kanako I can take a guess, probably because of the common coeficient, Suwako. But Hina? This one I can't even take a guess. Maybe some part of fandom I'm not acquainted with, but that's it.

Other than that, well, damn. We're going to need some speed boosting equipment and a Frost Robe.
>> No. 150889
Delicious foil, I want an alliance even more now. All we need to do is treat her with respe--hahaha yeah right.
I need to see Tabby teaching magic. She'd be absolutely terrible at it.

>ice castle
Really.
>> No. 150893
>on good terms with the scarlet gatekeeper, Hong Meiling, and the youkai of flowers, Kazami Yuuka

This somehow sounds troublesome.
>> No. 150895
Next thread: >>150894