[Return]
Archived thread

File 132129053418.jpg - (125.81KB , 640x828 , 768b18061435838b52f340386cebe6f2bb51239d.jpg ) [iqdb]
149610 No. 149610
"Perhaps we can discuss this in another place. Yuugi's bar, perhaps?" Tabuki suggests. "And with your hood lowered, so that I know who I am bargaining with."

"That I can't do. The oni gets replacement outfits from Pierre, she'll recognize me in a flash, and then she'll bring it up the next time she stops over there. Oni are not good at subtlety, or under the counter deals." the apprentice argues.

"Perhaps you have a better place in mind, then?" Tabuki asks.

"... You are making this far more difficult than it has to be." the apprentice grumbles. "If transactions have to take place in public, that can be arranged. But I cannot lower my hood. With it up, all people will know is that you are speaking with someone who doesn't want their identity publicly known. If I take it down, then I will be recognized, and I have already said why neither of us wants that."

".... Pass." Tabuki decides, and the apprentice stiffens a little. "This whole scenario rubs me the wrong way. I'll decline."

".... Suit yourself." the apprentice says, shortly. "I suppose there's no rush for me to finish those uniforms, then, if you aren't willing to deal with me. But then, I understand that patience is supposed to be a virtue. Good day, miss."

Without a further word, the apprentice turns and stalks out of the alley, grumbling about wasted time.

".... That was an unpleasant encounter." Meira notes. "I don't think a craving for human flesh is uncommon around here, though. I hope you didn't turn him away just because of that implication?"

"No. That fellow... he just rubs me the wrong way. In many ways." Tabuki says, tiredly. "On to the blacksmith's though.

Meira nods and continues, and it's not too long before they stand before a large building, the clanging of hammer on metal sounding from within. Heat radiates out from it, temperature rapidly climbing as they draw closer, until upon entering it feels like the blistering heat of the desert under the sun at noon.

It takes a moment for the smith to notice Tabuki's presence, but when she does, she sets her hammers aside, puts the piece of metal she'd been working into a barrel of water with a set of tongs, and then crosses all three sets of arms over her chest as she slithers over.

"Yeeeesss? Ssspit it out, I don't have all day." The imposing serpent-woman hisses, not in a particularly friendly tone.

"I would like an appraisal done." Tabuki says. The smith nods, then reaches over and pulls at Meira's chin with a scaled hand.

"Fine cheekboness... good teeth. Ssstrong facial ssstructure. I know a wine or two sshe would go well with, if sshe provesss usselesss at other tasskss. Fifteen hundred ssilverss." She decides.

"Ah, no, Meira isn't for sale." Tabuki corrects awkwardly, as the swordswoman looks vexed. "I'd like you to appraise her sword, for repairs."

"Sss... very well." the smith says, releasing Meira to draw the blade. She inspects it closely, then taps and scrapes at the side with a claw.

"Sss.... bad condition. Very bad. But fine material. In thisss ssstate, I would pay only two thousand ssilverss, at most." The smith decides. An odd look crosses Meira's face as she performs some quick mental arithmetic. "For repair, though... damage iss heavy. Will not be cheap. Will require exotic metal I do not keep in sstock. Adamantine, magic-sssteel. Cannot be found naturally, like mythril, magic-sssilver, or orichalcum, magic-gold, or magical cold iron. Mussst be processssed from bassse iron during refinement, with assssisstance of magician who knows exactly what they are doing."

"I have some magical talent." Tabuki offers.

"Know you metalss? No? Then hold thy tongue." The smith counters. "If you are willing to sspend ssome monthss working out the detailss on your own, and wassting the metal turned to sscrap in your effortss, that iss one thing. But it will not be cheap. Elsse, find either a magician that knowss how to infusse metalss with power, or find writingss to detail the processss. It cannot be fixed until then."

"... I see. I will have to keep an eye open for those, then." Tabuki says. "In the mean time, I'd like to see about the costs of equipment and weaponry scaled for fairies."

"Sss... That dependss, on what you wissh crafted, and of what materialss." The smith says. "To create a ssword of ssuch a ssize will cosst eight silvers ass a basse. Ssimply pouring pot-metal into a mold iss negligible effort, and doess not change the price enough to matter. For better materialss, though, price increassess for the difficulty of working them. And the cosst of the materialss themsselvess, of coursse. Ssized for fairy, a ssword will take a certain amount of metal, yess? One 'unit'. You can mine thesse metalss yoursself, of coursse, and provide them for usse, to avoid the cosst of ussing my sstock. Or ssell the metalss to me, if there iss nothing you wissh to craft with them."

Tabuki thinks quickly.

"Then the rate is... the 'base cost' of the item, plus the 'material cost', multiplied by a 'material modifier'? Or something like that. And for pot-metal, the cost and modifier would be tiny enough that they may as well be zero and one, respectively..."

"Asstutely put." The smith says.

[ ] Action?

Updates to the spreadsheet will be delayed just a bit, couple things I need to go get done almost right now. Shouldn't be too long.

>> No. 149614
A bit late but... I respect your refusal (though i hope it wasn't for dumb reasons) but there is a time and place for making deals with the devil. And this time (surrounded by enemies who can destroy her in a heartbeat, wounded, broke and with an underleveled army) is the time.

That said, I'm not surprised at the outcome. You guys are getting better at boycotting yourselves.
>> No. 149615
Gonna wait for the spreadsheet to be ready before making any purchase. Prices are not defined yet.

Also, x20 modifier? Thank god it was just a provisory price.
>> No. 149616
Unless I managed to terribly botch something without realizing it, or noticing it on double-checking, spreadsheet should be accurate now.

So, have fun, I guess.
>> No. 149622
>>149614
Phft, he probably wasn't a devil. The Smith, on the other hand...

Wait, were Maraliths devils or demons? I could never keep those straight.


Bad jokes aside, thinking of Spiky Brass Gauntlets for 39s. I also note that the smith provides pot metal gear for cheaper than Pedro's, though I imagine there will be times where paying slightly more will be worth not having to wait a day or two for your order to be ready. I also note that you can technically get Spiked Pot Metal Gauntlets for the same price as the normal gauntlets due to the material having a base price of 0, but I'd imagine she'd tack on a couple of silvers to make up for the additional work in that specific case.

If she doesn't, though, it'll be one of the most efficient options to raise the army's overall damage.
>> No. 149624
>>149622

Spiky Brass/Bronze Gauntlet is actually 51. (10+12+12)*1,5. Difference the spikes give is +1 damage. I'm guessing each metal gives +1 damage for each level above pot-metal, so Spiky Brass/Bronze would give +6 damage instead of pot-metal's +3.

But then again, pot-metal gauntlets cost 10 silver. The smith is (thankfully) much cheaper than Pedro, while Pedro is/was much cheaper than Pierre. And the Boneheaded Apprenticce is much cheaper than Pedro
>> No. 149625
>>149622
You need 2 "units" of metal instead of "1" for the spiked gloves. But yes, the pot-metal rods and swords are cheaper. How many silvers does Tabby have again? Checking the last thread, we have 56 silvers, and we make 16 silvers a day. We'll need to get the "address" of Lopez from Pedro in a day or so, but I think we should buy some rods/swords now. I think we should buy 5 pot-metal swords and 1 pot-metal rod. Since we make 16 silvers a day, and we're getting 12 silvers for the cavesquidmeat, we will have 36 silvers tomorrow, which we can use to buy the uniforms from Lopez instead of Shady McShaderson (once we figure out where in the fuck Lopez is). Of course, if we buy 5 weapons instead of 6 we'll have 44 silvers instead of 36. Hmm, yeah, let's go for five.

[X] Order 5 pot-metal swords. (-40 silvers).
[X] Ask Meira her thoughts/opinions on what should be done in the next few days after you leave the store. Tell her that you want to get as many ideas and suggestions as possible on what to do.
>> No. 149626
... Ah, I see what happened; I forgot the last line in the actual update, and only applied the multiplier to the price of the mold. My bad.

But yeah, like I was saying the way it's all calculated means you can get spiked gauntlets made out of pot metal for the same price as the normal type, as using twice as much material doesn't mean anything when the material's effectively free; which is why I was thinking she'd probably tack on a couple silver for additional labor, because otherwise there's nothing stopping Tabby from stocking up on them for a cheap +3 for all her melee troops.
>> No. 149629
>>149625

I suggest gettin weapons for the troops who already know how to fight. FF and brawlers benefit the most from them.

Of course, in order for Meira to train little samurai fairies, it's a fair guess that we will need swords too.
>> No. 149631
[x] "What are the benefits of each metal?"
[x] Ask where the base materials are more commonly found in the underground. Or where one might find them still not being explored by others.
[x] Does the smith also work with gems?
[x] See/Order a good gauntlet for Emerald. At least a Bronze Gauntlet for her.
[x] 2 pot-metal swords, for the fairies.

Changed my vote. Swords benefit from Emerald's bonus, and after are probably need to train samurai/knights.
>> No. 149634
>>149629
I don’t think the FFs need weapons at this time. They are too fragile and deal a lot of damage already. We should equip the units with high HP like the zombie fairies and emerald first, and then perhaps our average melee fairies to spread out our damage potential a bit. It would suck to lose all our offensive capability if the FFs go down.
>> No. 149635
>>149631

We did promise to buy something nice to emerald, didn’t we? I support this plan.

[x] See/Order a good gauntlet for Emerald. At least a Bronze Gauntlet for her.
[x] 2 pot-metal swords, for the fairies.
>> No. 149641
>>149631
Why are you asking what each metal does? Kahi already answered that in the spreadsheet document found in /words/. >>149624 also give a quick overview of that.

>>I suggest gettin weapons for the troops who already know how to fight.

We have ten "Average" level troops, and three of our Zombies are at "Veteran" level. One of our Average troops has the spear and berserker outfit (Henna, I think). That means we can afford to get those nine other troops swords/rods/whatever.

We also have 56 silvers, as >>149625 pointed out.
>> No. 149643
>>[x] See/Order a good gauntlet for Emerald. At least a Bronze Gauntlet for her.
>>[x] 2 pot-metal swords, for the fairies.

You fail at math.
>> No. 149644
Fuck swords. Everyone become brawlers and punch fairies every day. punch punch

[x] Buy nothing.
>> No. 149646
>>149644
If we go that route then gauntlets are good too. Note that spikes are free with pot metal as the extra metal is costless.

[x] Buy 4x Spiked pot metal gauntlets(40 silvers).
[x] Equip to Emerald and the freshly trained brawlers

This gives us a (semi)elite squad should we ever need to move in small groups relatively cheaply. enchanting emeralds at least will be wise once we're healthy.
>> No. 149648
>>149643
Do I now, please elaborate.
>> No. 149650
>>149641
>Why are you asking what each metal does?

I want to know how much each material enchances the weapon. How much they increase the damage/HP, more specifically. Also, I meant troops trained in combat, not necessarily experienced. I could have worded that better, yeah.

And >>149624 is actually me. That is just my guess, but I'm just a reader, so I might be wrong. Besides, more text for the next update, yay!

>>149643

Bronze Gauntlet, with no spykes, costs 33 silver. Each pot-metal sword costs 10 silver. We have 56 silver, and the combined cost of the three items is 53 silver.

What is wrong with the math?
>> No. 149651
Pot metal swords are only 8 silver~

And if the metals improve at a linear rate, then it'd be 3 silver cheaper to get spiky copper gauntlets over non-spiky bronze gauntlets. This is, of course, assuming that the spikes are a flat +1 and don't also scale with the material, in which case they'd be better.

[x]Ask how each of the metals stacks up with each other. Strength improves with cost, but the rate of improvement might not be linear.


Hmm... Going to think a bit more on shopping orders, I'll drop a vote for it later.
>> No. 149652
File 132131361949.jpg - (4.39KB , 348x145 , EVERYTHING.jpg ) [iqdb]
149652
[x] buy everything
>> No. 149653
where the hell is the influence chart people keep saying has been updated
>> No. 149655
>>149653
In the spreadsheet (check /words/), look at the bottom of the screen. There's an influence tab.

>Lily Black: 50
But.. they're the same person.. They don't even talk to each other? What sort of shitty split personality doesn't keep tabs on its roommates?
>> No. 149656
>>149651
>Pot metal swords are only 8 silver~

Oh, true, true. Then that would leave us with 7 silver left, not enought for a third sword.
>> No. 149661
>>149655
Eh, if Lily Black has actually become a separate soul, then it's very possible for both Lily Black and White to share the same body but not really know what the other is doing. Kind of like a ghost/spirit possessing someone type of deal. In which case, Lily Black IS actually a separate person formed from the mind/soul of Lily White.
>> No. 149664
File 132132875770.jpg - (373.97KB , 2250x1800 , 1275112807714.jpg ) [iqdb]
149664
[x] Later: try binding a fire elemental into a handy rock. See if you end up with a grenade!

-----

Well, we certainly have more options open to us. I'll mostly stay out of the what-do-we-buy? discussion for now; I haven't been following the war effort well enough to say anything on the topic. (I really need to get up to speed on that.) The only thing I'll say is that we really should keep ten or so silvers in our pocket for emergency bribes.

However, this update does immediately suggest a promising medium-term plan:
α) Learn about mineralogy.
α') Learn about mystical mineral creation.
β) Strike for the surface through the uncontrolled tunnels. (Both of 'em, in case one exit is blocked or untenable.)
γ) Learn about finance.

α enables the following:
● Collection of metal resources, for cash and weapons.
● Collection of gemstones to sell to, well, any interested buyer -- preferably aboveground.

α' enables the following:
● Creation of mystical metals to use for weaponry.
● Creation of mystical metals to sell for (lots of?) tasty cash monies.
● A relatively high-income career possibility, once the war is over.

β enables the following:
● Collection of organic resources to improve fairy morale. (N.B.: fresh berries. Don't forget!)
● Access to aboveground markets (allowing trade between the two).
● Delivery of Mima's letter.

γ enables the following:
● Maximization of profits on trade routes, if we can get one going. (Yes, we do need calculus for this.)
● Avoiding accidental saturation of the market with cheap mythril (etc.) once we figure out how to make it. (This too.)

γ requires either (α and β) or (α') to be useful, so it's pretty low-priority.

The hardest one of these looks to actually be α. I'd think Satori would have something in her library, but the only related thing I see on the List-O'-Books was a chemistry text. ("Iron Apprentice of Celiniof" might be worth looking at, but I suspect it belongs in the fiction section.)

-----

Unrelatedly, I see the Lost Spirit hasn't been named. I therefore propose 'Ain', with the names 'Soph' and 'Aur' for the next two.
>> No. 149666
Continuing from >>149651
[x]Order either a Spiky Copper Gauntlet or a non-spiky Bronze Gauntlet, whichever is more effective. Also get two Spiky Pot Metal Gauntlets.
[x]Ask if she knows anyone who works with gems. You don't have any yet, but if those tunnels lead deeper into the Underground like I suspect, you'll run into them sooner or later.
[x]Head back to the Palace. Talk to Meira a bit about swordsmanship(provided talking and moving at the same time doesn't make you ill), but also try to keep an eye out for the bookstore/Sakura(just don't get your hopes up on finding either).
[x](assuming this isn't reaching too far)Try to get a report out of Deady, if she's back from the fighting. Anyone who wants to join in on guessing what she's pantomiming is welcome.
[x]SLEEEEEEEP. You need it.


Should ask Emerald how long it takes gear to bond to a fairy when these are handed out, don't want to lose the investment on any risky plays made too soon.
>> No. 149674
>>149664

Good ideas, remember that if we can get adamanite we can repair meira's sword. Considering what it's doing now it will be an absolute beast once repaired and enchanted.

As for learning how it would be very convenient if one of the potential magic tutors specialties included metal and had a Whole library on hand to help...
>> No. 149699
where is this spreadsheet people keep talking about? I can't seem to find it...
>> No. 149700
>>149699

Can't you be bothered to read the thread? See >>149641
>> No. 149701
>>149626
Sounds good.

[x]get spiked gauntlets made out of pot metal for the same price as the normal type, as using twice as much material doesn't mean anything when the material's effectively free.
-[x]stack up on them (all you can afford, as long as you don't end up with more weapons than melee troops) for a cheap +3 for all her melee troops.

Shouldn't we have agreed with the hooded evil thing and get the last 5 uniforms? That'd boost our daily income terribly.
>> No. 149705
>>149701
No, we shouldn't have, because he's a jerk and jerks don't deserve money.
>> No. 149708
>>149705

To be honest, Tabuki isn't very nice either.
>> No. 149714
>>149701
>>149708

The issue is it was an untrusted source who flatly told us that it could lose us access to a much better vender later on. The fact that we didn't even know if he was who he claimed to be was another issue. The fact that it could be possibly used as blackmail at a later point was another strike against it.
>> No. 149746
>>149666
Changing the shopping order to: [x]Copper Spiked Gauntlet or Bronze Gauntlet, whichever is more effective. Also get two Pot Metal Swords.

While the spiked tin gauntlets would be the best bang for the buck, the swords will probably be necessary for Samurai training, and that would give Meira something to do while recovering.
>> No. 149790
File 132157619491.jpg - (9.46KB , 200x200 , LOOKIEHERE.jpg ) [iqdb]
149790
Noting a lot of dissent over what to do/buy.

Meant to earlier this week, but stuffs, and the document I was keeping that info in asploded, but I've remembered either what they all were, or something close enough. In any case, new page in the spreadsheet for all you stat-hungry kiddos, filled in up to Steel for all the potential equipment you currently have available.

we'll see if this makes it easier for decision makery. Have fun.
>> No. 149792
Soooo...

Now with the weapons stats revealed, I think it would be more advantageous if we bought a singe weapon for Emerald, a Spiked Bronze Gauntlet or an Iron Gauntlet, preferably with Spikes too.

We then bind Kristoph into the weapon, and Emerald should be giving fairy sized oni punchs everywhere.
>> No. 149797
>>149792

Um, ignore that. I forgot the Mold's cost and was using only Material*Modifier as price. SBG actually costs 51 silver, which is almost all we have. +6 damage for Emerald, though, while normal BG are 33 silver and deals +4 damage.

Meanwhile, Spiked Copper Gauntlet deals +5 damage and costs 3 coins less than SBG.

By the way, here are the costs for each Gauntlet/Spiked Gauntlet:

10 silver + the below:
0 x1 10/10
10 x1 20/30
12 x1.5 33/51
25 x2 70/120
35 x2.5 112,5/200

>>149631
Changing vote to
[x] "What are the benefits of each magical metal? How do the magical attribute affect them?"
[x] Ask where the base materials are more commonly found in the underground. Or where one might find them still not being explored by others.
[x] Does the smith also work with gems/magical gems? Like, for decoration or for imbuing a rod with extra magical potency, or something.
[x] Order a Spiked Copper Gauntlet for Emerald.
[x] 2 pot-metal swords, for the fairies.
[x] Ask how one may refer to her, besides "you" or "the smith".

Swords are for trainning Samurai. I expect us to talk to Meira in the next one or two turns for this.
>> No. 149799
>>149797
Eh, I'd made a similar mistake myself, so no worries~

On another note... if that Ice Plate(+20) and Ice Shield(+10) Cirno's Knight had were a breastplate and a regular shield, then they're a bit better than Brass, but fall quite a bit short of Iron. If it was full plate and a large shield, however, then the plate's only a bit better than Tin, and the shield's slightly better than Copper. That +3 damage Ice Brand would fall between Tin and Copper, so the stuff's either more suited for armor, or just isn't all that great when compared to anything beyond sticks, flint, and fur.

Looking at it, a fairy with Steel Full Plate/Large Shield/Boots/Helm would have 214+base HP. They'd probably beat most generals through sheer attrition. Heck, they'd probably shrug off several Leader-level AoE attacks, or force the leader to focus them down one or two at a time. I can only imagine what a full set of Adamantine gear would do.

Hmmm... Once Tabby's got a good portion of her troops geared up, she might want to see if she can get the zombies some sort of clawed gloves that work with/reinforce their natural claws so they can keep up with the other troops.
>> No. 149808
File 132159805020.jpg - (737.61KB , 649x920 , 1307411636960.jpg ) [iqdb]
149808
[x] Whatever else we do, place our order, then ask our not-directly-relevant-to-the-order questions.

>>149674
>As for learning how it would be very convenient if one of the potential magic tutors specialties included metal and had a Whole library on hand to help...
I've reread the early threads, now, and I'm still not sure who you're referring to. Could you be more explicit?

On the other hand, since I have reread the early threads, I'm reminded that Nitori -- while not really a magic teacher, nor noted to be in possession of a library -- would certainly know a thing or two about metal, and the kappa are probably an additional equipment source. On top of that, she's mentioned that the kappa tunnels connect to the surface. So, replace β in >>149664 with:

κ) Strike for the surface through the kappa-controlled tunnels.

and append:
● Access to Nitori and the kappa, implying:
○ A reasonably-well-paying job offer.
○ Access to metallurgical knowledge.
○ Possible access to advanced equipment.

(Oh, and we still need to track down Sakura for Orin -- I think the spirit of our agreement has been satisfied, but she might try to hold us to the letter for some inscrutable reason (like, say, enragingly catastrophic shenanigans resulting from a Luck roll of 10). A report on Sakura might not be a bad use of the autosage bonus, although I'd really rather get it in-character somehow.)

>>149799
You've missed one significant benefit of Ice equipment: it costs Cirno nothing.

I doubt most fairy armies have access to steel anything (remember what the inside of Sunny's armory-tent, >>146030, looked like), so "mook + steel outfit = legion-killer" actually sounds like a pretty reasonable equation in context.

However, recall that leader HP is power squared times 100. 214 HP isn't actually all that much when compared to even a power-3's 900, so unless there are several of them (at 1175 silver each) or unless, like Tabby, they have a damage output of approximately "fuck you", 214 HP isn't likely to turn the tide. Also, a sufficiently large cave squid could probably still eat this hypothetical Toni Stark -- which is to say that armor-bypassing attacks do exist, and probably at least some leaders have them.
>> No. 149814
File 13216043392.png - (80.38KB , 1657x648 , Equipment_efficiency.png ) [iqdb]
149814
Hopefully I haven’t botched my calculations.
>> No. 149820
>>149808
We don't technically know it yet(hence the round-aboutness to avoid the temptation of metagaming) but I was referring to Patchy.
>> No. 149821
>>149808
He's talking about Patchouli Knowledge from Kahi's other thread, "Patchy Quest". Why? Patchouli in that story has already shown herself able to make Mithril/Orichalcum/Adamantine.
>> No. 149822
>>149814

The Pot-Metal Spiked Gauntlets should be highlighted as well, but the rest looks perfect.

>>Looking at it, a fairy with Steel Full Plate/Large Shield/Boots/Helm would have 214+base HP.

The four steel armor pieces when used together do give out the 214+ HP bonus like you said, but it would also cost us (612.5 + 107.5 + 200 + 112.5) 1032.5 silvers. Unless we can somehow get something (or a couple somethings) worth that much money, it's damn near impossibly out of reach for us at the moment.

Honestly, if we could only figure out a way to give ALL of our troops steel swords, they'd be able to fucking kill damn near anything thrown at them, but the steelswords will cost us 107.5 silvers each as well.

So, long term question. How can we obtain enough money to buy the things we need? The answer is we sell either a product or service.

We're already selling the services of the barmaids/housemaids, but it's only raking in 16 silvers a day for us. Since even getting ten steel swords, or one full steel armor would cost us over a 1000 silvers, it's going to take over 63 days with no other purchases whatsoever just to earn a single thousand. That's not going to cut it.

There are a few ways to get around this.

The first, do jobs. The issue is Tabby is already sort of doing that as it is, and it isn't making her a whole lot of money in the short term.

The second, sell products. Tabby could experiment around with pottery and whatnot and try selling those. The issue there is Tabby is both unskilled in this, and likey won't be able to make more than Bowls that keep things warm, items that are slightly harder to break, or damned/tormented/insane/worthless/too-good-at-what-they-do spirts/souls to items.

Hmm, might be a way to make Lich!Fairies yet if she goes that route.

Anyways, getting back on track, the third way is we bring in something worth quite a bit to the denizens of the underground. And what would fit that requirement? Fruits/Vegtables/Alcohol/Whatever from the surface. How? By trading with Lily and/or Reimu (that would require taking Parsee's bridge though in order to even approach Reimu with such an offer).
>> No. 149830
I was more thinking of long-term possibilities with the Steel gear, I'm quite aware it's well out of Tabby budget for the foreseeable future~

I'm also aware that troops equipped with such wouldn't be able to take a leader by themselves, just pointing out they wouldn't crumple up and die the moment a leader tossed a single AoE attack their way the way Cirno and Dai's troops did when they fought each other.

Hmm... On the Tony Stark note, need to look into Powered Armor for Tabby. Another reason to crank scientific knowledge and open a way to the Kappa Labs, I suppose.

As for Fundraising:
1) If Tabby can manage to get to and clear out the Kappa labs, Nitori's promised a reward. There's also the matter that the place has a surface entrance and the Kappa's own village, so they're a possible trading partner as well. One of the better ones, come to think of it, as Tabby wouldn't have to worry about running into those suicidal anti-youkai religious zealots there, and they'll probably always have a large demand for metal.
2)Exploring the deeper tunnels for resource nodes/loot. Either substantially reduce crafting costs or sell what you don't need for a good sum.
>> No. 149833
File 132162888625.png - (106.18KB , 1392x713 , Equipment_efficiency2.png ) [iqdb]
149833
Fun facts:
The most efficient armor is copper plate at 0,42 HP/silver.
The least efficient armor is steel boots at 0,15 HP/silver.
The most efficient weapon is pot-metal 2H sword at 0,33 damage/silver.
The least efficient weapon is steel axe at 0,045 damage/silver.

Due their incredible inefficiency, steel weapons are most likely off limits until we can find a cheaper source of steel. Oh, and due to a higher understanding of how the numbers play out I’m changing my vote slightly:

>>149635 changing to:
[x] Order a Spiked Copper Gauntlet for Emerald.
[x] 2 pot-metal swords, for the fairies.
>> No. 149842
[x] Order a Spiked Copper Gauntlet for Emerald.
[x] 2 pot-metal swords, for the fairies.
[x] Ask how one may refer to her, besides "you" or "the smith".
[x] "What are the benefits of each magical metal? How do the magical attribute affect them?"
[x] Ask where the base materials are more commonly found in the underground. Or where one might find them still not being explored by others.
[x] Does the smith also work with gems/magical gems? Like, for decoration or for imbuing a rod with extra magical potency, or something.
[x] How much is she buying the metals for? Does she sell the common materials individually too, for the same price charged when making the weapons?
[x] See how much common chains cost. Chains short and strong enough to restrain the hostage negotiator somewhere else. Buy them if possible.
[x] "I can bind elemental spirits into weapons. If you are ever interested in this form of enchancement, I could do it."

Just wanted to add my own ideas. We need to move the negotiator to somewhere else, and we could use the chains to bind her in the old hell.

And here's hope for a new source of income. We could use Binding Spell to offer an enchancement service. Figured the smith would be interessed in this, since she can profit from selling elemental weapons.
>> No. 149844
>>149842
Thinking no on that last bit there, trying to monetize that will have to wait until Tabby's gotten some actual experience with the technique, or picks up actual enchanting skills that don't potentially destroy the item in question on a failure. It'd also help if Tabby could at least refine the skill so she could bind more than one thing per day, as I suspect that it'd eat a time slot.
>> No. 149846
Edit: Added >>149842's write-ins to my vote.

[x] Order a Spiked Copper Gauntlet for Emerald and 2 pot-metal swords, for the fairies.
[x] See how much common chains cost. Chains short and strong enough to restrain the hostage negotiator somewhere else. Buy them if possible.
[x] Ask how one may refer to her, besides "you" or "the smith".
[x] "What are the benefits of each magical metal? How do the magical attribute affect them?"
[x] Ask where the base materials are more commonly found in the underground. Or where one might find them still not being explored by others.
[x] Does the smith also work with gems/magical gems? Like, for decoration or for imbuing a rod with extra magical potency, or something.
[x] How much is she buying the metals for? Does she sell the common materials individually too, for the same price charged when making the weapons?
[x] "I can bind elemental spirits into weapons. If you are ever interested in this form of enchancement, I could do it."
[x] Use your holy powers of the gravity to make yourself and the items lighter for Meira to carry.

I think this is good, for now. A good weapon for our dear Emerald (which we should totally bind Kristoph into), and swords for our future Samurai. In two turns we can buy pot-metal gauntlets for the other brawlers.

Helmet and Boots really aren't worth the money. The only good ones are of the expensive materials, and a breastplate (not plate/full plate) gives the same protection, or better, for less the cost. They are there for the endgame portion of the war, unless there is a warrior class that fights with it's feet. It's still too early to talk about steel equipment. Iron too, since both are way expensive.

In the next few days, we need to talk to Meira and to Satori, find Sakura, read more books (hopefully something about metals/smithing, so we can make our own adamantine~). Also, when Tabuki and Meira are better, and we invade the next hell area, we totally have Tabuki go together. Not only is Kristoph a Leader ranked enemy, we totally have to bind him.
>> No. 149859
>>149844
>Thinking no on that last bit there, trying to monetize that will have to wait until Tabby's gotten some actual experience with the technique.
>It'd also help if Tabby could at least refine the skill so she could bind more than one thing per day, as I suspect that it'd eat a time slot.

Hm, that's true. Tabby could explain that she only has time for one binding per day, since she has, like, an entire army to administer.

>picks up actual enchanting skills that don't potentially destroy the item in question on a failure.

Yeah, about that...I think there isn't anything to worry about the item breaking. This is from the perk Basic Shamanistic Binding's description:
>In attempting to bind a spirit or element, a Magic roll is required. Should this roll fail, the attempt will likewise fail. In case of catastrophic failure, the item used as a focus for binding, the spirit or element you are attempting to bind, or both, may be lost.

All we need is a magic roll to succeed. Only a critical failure will break the item, and while the only failure we can roll is a critical one, there is only a 1/10 chance of that happening.

Of course, higher spirits require more than that to be bind, a contest of will/power. I think that attempting to bind Kristoph will be easier than usual (I mean, what we should expect from such spirits; there is no usual as we never did this before), since he will participate in the fight and be somewhat weakened.
>> No. 149861
The problem is that Tabby doesn't know how effective binding a minor spirit would be, and if the bonus is minor the payment would reflect that. The Smith also probably deals in normal sized gear most of the time, which is likely a great deal more expensive to craft; if nine successes don't net more cash than that one failure, it's a losing proposition.
>> No. 149862
>>149861
Improvable ability. Even if it's a net drain now (we don't know that), it definitely won't be in the future.
>> No. 149865
>>149862
It's better to wait until she's refined the skill on stuff she doesn't mind potentially losing before going around advertising enhancement services.

Though I suppose it's all kind of a moot point, as the Smith works by commission and likely doesn't have anything lying around that hasn't already been paid for.
>> No. 149869
File 132168934972.jpg - (92.55KB , 800x600 , 1305151416053.jpg ) [iqdb]
149869
>>149833
You are credit to team. I'm finally voting for purchases, then:
[x] Order a Spiked Copper Gauntlet for Emerald and 2 pot-metal swords, for the fairies.

Not happy with how little that leaves in our pocket, but eh, we'll live. Unfortunately I'm going to have to put on the No Hat for much of the rest of the voteblock.

> [ ] Ask where the base materials are more commonly found in the underground. Or where one might find them still not being explored by others.
Bad idea; she's not going to want to share her sources, not for free. Just asking is likely to annoy her. One ]+[ antivote on this.

> [ ] Does the smith also work with gems/magical gems? Like, for decoration or for imbuing a rod with extra magical potency, or something.
Not relevant until and unless we have some to sell, and if we do, we probably want to sell them upstairs if at all possible. And we're going to be coming here a lot before that happens anyway. It's not as bad as the previous vote, but there's no need to come off as an overly-curious child. One ]+[ antivote here, too.

> [ ] See how much common chains cost. Chains short and strong enough to restrain the hostage negotiator somewhere else. Buy them if possible.
I'm very much against keeping the negotiator around at all. We really need to get rid of her; she's more of a liability than an asset. (Lily Black would love her, I bet.)

> [ ] "I can bind elemental spirits into weapons. If you are ever interested in this form of enchancement, I could do it."
As several people have already noted, offering to bind spirits into weapons isn't a great idea yet, especially when we haven't actually successfully bound anything useful ever. That said:
[x] If you haven't annoyed the smith enough already, ask if she's acquainted with spirit-binding.
"Of coursse I am. Any good smith iss. One hundred ssilverss exsstra per weapon."
"Terrible practicsse. Ruinss the metal. No good for anything, after."

Really, I think we're already trying to do far too much at once -- and the more things we vote for, the longer it'll take Kahi to write.
>> No. 149872
>>149869
>Bad idea; she's not going to want to share her sources, not for free. Just asking is likely to annoy her. One ]+[ antivote on this.

Maybe, maybe not. Does she even mine the metals herself? Maybe it's someone else who supplies her with the metals, which, honestly, is much more likely to be the case. If she went out to gather them herself, how long would her shop be left unattended?

>Not relevant until and unless we have some to sell, and if we do, we probably want to sell them upstairs if at all possible. And we're going to be coming here a lot before that happens anyway. It's not as bad as the previous vote, but there's no need to come off as an overly-curious child. One ]+[ antivote here, too.

I'm sorry, but where do you get the idea of selling gems to the smith? Completely wrong interpretation, man.

Have you never played Diablo 2? The idea is to put the gems on the weapons to increase their effectiveness. Of course, this only applies to magically enchanted gems, which we will probably have to do it ourselves or hire someone else to do it for us, just like with the magical metals, and will probably benefit only Rod type weapons.

It's still an interessing option, and if we ever learn how to enchant metals and find the rubies in Tunnels III, we should give this a try.

>no need to come off as an overly-curious child

Yes, there is need for that. If we don't get all the info now, we will have to do it later. That means using another turn to go to the same place and do something we could have done much earlier, instead of doing something else, like dealing with Sakura.

>[x] If you haven't annoyed the smith enough already, ask if she's acquainted with spirit-binding.

I guess this one is ok, though.
>> No. 149873
] "I am learning to bind elemental spirits into weapons. If you are ever interested in this form of enchancement, I could do it."
>> No. 149875
For what it matters, Tabby's going to have to come back to negotiate prices after she finds a mineral node anyways, so some stuff can wait until then. As for where they'd be located, the smith would probably just tell you that you'd have to go deeper to find stuff, and deeper still to find good stuff. So pretty much what most people would tell you.

As for works using Gems/Precious Metals, Tabby would be better off pestering an actual jeweler. The smith might know of at least one, so that's what you'd want to ask if you go down that route.
>> No. 149911
File 13218229268.jpg - (135.77KB , 500x500 , 6977fca16ce4254542dd41d28b3be62e.jpg ) [iqdb]
149911
"One copper gauntlet set, with spikes." Tabuki decides, after a moment. "And two swords, of pot metal. That comes out to 46 silvers? I'll have the money sent immediately."

The smith hisses in disinterest.

"For the mean-time." Tabuki says, fighting the haze of heat enveloping the smithy. "I have some less-related, and more esoteric questions."

"Sspeak. Ssooner you ssay, ssooner you can be off." The smith hisses.

"First, as to the benefits of magical metal..." Tabuki begins.

"Intuitive. Harder. Sstronger. 'Cold' Iron iss forever cold to touch. Other thingss, but irrelevant, without sstock." The smith interrupts.

"I see. And is there any suggestion you could make, when looking for veins of ore?" Tabuki continues.

"Tunnelss. And below." The smith answers, in disinterest. "Do not know sspecificss. Purchasse in bulk, when required, or when metalss are brought to me. Ssufficient sstock to last the next hundred yearss. No urgent need for copper or Iron. Will only pay half my sstock price."

"No help in that regard, then..." Tabuki mumbles. "Do you sell raw metal?"

A snort is all the answer she gets to that question.

"... I'll take that as a no." Tabuki says, tiredly. "Okay. So, do you work also with... gems, or-"

"No." The smith interrupts sharply, strong note of distaste in her voice. "Usseless waste, unlesss magical. Even then, ssstill weak point, chink in armor. Fragile, pretty rock doess not hold up to blow of hammer, or thrusst of sspear as doess metal. Find jeweler, for pretty rocks and ornamentss."

"Yes, very well. I also wanted..." A wave of dizziness interrupts Tabuki, and she stops to close her eyes. There's a brief struggle before she opens them again, clawing her way out of the encroaching tunnel of her vision. She can't faint. Not now, and display weakness like that for everyone to see.

"... The heat is getting to me." She says. "It can wait for another time. For now, I have the strong urge to take a nap..."

"Off with you." The smith hisses. "Ssend money, and I'll ssend weaponss."

Tabuki nods as Meira quickly leaves the area. She makes it several steps down the road before Tabuki finally loses her fragile, tenuous grip on consciousness.

---

Tabuki wakes back in her bed, Emerald standing over her side. The fairy seems more... muscular, perhaps? A bit, at least. In any case, it seems the training did good things for her.

"You okay, Tabby?" She wonders aloud.

Tabuki doesn't feel okay. She sits up anyway.

---

Scouting Reports

Tunnels IV-5
Zombie Fairy [Master] x1 (wandering encounter) HP 45, damage estimated 12-14
- Gnashing Maw [Heals 1/2 of damage inflicted upon attacking]
- Unnatural Strength [+1 damage, variable dice d2 -> d3]
ZFx3
CSx3
MMx2
DMx2

LVIII
ZF(v)x1
ZF(a)x2
ZFx3
CSx4
MMx2
DMx2

TV-2
Spiderx3
CSx2
MMx2
DMx2

TV-3
Spiderx2
CSx3
MMx2
DMx2

Updated Reports.

[Kristoph] HP ??? Damage ???
Zombie Fairies (a) x2
Lingering Spirit (a)
Fire Wisp
Melee Mook
Danmaku Mook [Necrophobe] x2
Frost Wisp x3

Abridged War Chest [equip = Tabuki, not equipped, or 'other']
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Heavily Damaged Miko Cosplay x1
-Tiny Lamia-??? In Satori's care.
-Spiked Copper Gauntlets x1
-Pot-metal Sword x2
50 silvers


Tabuki: hp 41, mp 2400 - heals 15hp, 1200mp daily. ill.
Meira: hp 46- heals 6hp daily

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
-- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Lamia
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---[ ] If Emerald, stats increase: +5 base hp, base damage = 2d4+2, no reset of rank.
---[ ] Else: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Beryl "Feary"
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] 'MMM'
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 149913
File 132182385033.png - (11.28KB , 338x439 , TunnelsIMap.png ) [iqdb]
149913
Also:

Kerrin Garnet --> Barmaid
Melanie --> Housemaid
Honeyweed --> Housemaid

In addition to the brawler class shifting.

Also, this little change in Tunnels one might be of interest.
>> No. 149915
File 132182580050.png - (123.14KB , 1657x738 , Order_of_Battle_6.png ) [iqdb]
149915
The state of our forces is as follows:

We have five fairies on bar duty.
We have five fairies on maid duty.
We have 23 fairies on territory guard duty
We have 1 fairy on prison guard duty
We have 27 fairies and two generals ready for offensive action.
>> No. 149916
File 132182739728.png - (97.39KB , 1521x712 , Scouting3.png ) [iqdb]
149916
The state of the enemy at our border. May contain errors due to speed of compiling, should be reasonably accurate.
>> No. 149917
Oh, right, Frost Wisps.

They're just like Fire Wisps, only Ice instead of Fire.
>> No. 149919
Hmmm.

I'm gonna bounce a few thoughts for the day before voting.

One option is to have Meira hang back for another day, talk with her about teaching the fairies about swordsmanship on the way over to Pedro's, get directions to Lopez's shop, then head over there to get prices/put in an order. This would probably chew up the entire day though.

Other options would be to talk to Satori about Meira and maybe asking for some healing techniques, magical or non, then head to the library to try to get more magic to prepare for Kristoph. Or flagging down Orin before she's off for the day/after she's back and try to get some more necromantic stuff off of her to better debrief Deady with(and ask about Kristoph, more info about one's foes is never a bad thing), and fill the open slot with one of the above options.

Tabby can also keep a fairy or two back and send them off to the smith for more weapons, depending on whether one wants to save up cash or not. She can also send a fairy over to Pedro asking for written directions to Lopez's while she's at it, which would save some time for when she does decide to head out.
>> No. 149921
>>149918
>>149920

OK, here it is:

[x] Briefly compliment Emerald on her buffer look. Those new muscles really are something, aren't they? Go ahead Tabby, see how firm they are...
[x] Requests for weaponry are now open! If any fairy has a special afinity to certain weapons, may they make themselves known. *Before making any requests, you have to read and agree to the Terms of Service.

[x] Go meet Satori. There some things you need to talk about.
-- [x] Meira
-- [x] Lamia
-- [x] Bring Deady with you, maybe Satori can help comunicating with her. You still need to learn what Deady discovered.
-- [x] After talking, go rest. You need to be in shape soon.

[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintence Orders:
-[x] Give Emerald her gift: The first weapon acquired by legit means, the Spiked Copper Gauntlets. (Her special reward comes only if she remembers it first). It's not much, but it's all you could buy for now.
-[x] Equip pot-metal swords: Dominique and Akira.
-[x] Buy 3 Spiked Pot-Metal Gauntlets and 2 Pot-Metal Rods. Send Ciarra to deliver payment, if needed, otherwise she deploys along Squad 4.

[x] Actual Battle plans:
--[x] Invade Tunnels I-2. Meira, Henna, Akira, Dominique, Ain, Blackheart, Levina and Yumiko. Hit the stronger CS first, and ignore the fairies until the other CS are down. Immediatly eliminate any Squid that succesfuly swallows anyone.
--[x] Invade Tunnels I-3. Emerald, the three Brawlers, Dead2 and Honey. Same strategy as Squad 1.
--[x] Invade Tunnels VI-1. Newdead, "George", Finni, Russet, Marshmellow Button, Mimi, Fabrizia, Bellflower, Virgo, Ellete. ZF on ZF, lock them down to protect regular fairies. Normal fairies hit the Squids first, then help the ZF. MMs are next, DMs for last.
--[x] Invade Tunnels II-2. Everyone left. Roll strategy for this group. Same plans as Squad 1 and 2. Retreat with the Squid's bodies if victory is not possible.


*Terms of Service: Fairies who wish to place requests are to inform their names, classes and home territory. Further home territories may cause longer waiting time. Fairies trained in combat have higher priority, followed by experienced fairies. Performance in combat, and/or unique/useful traits/perks may alter priority. Placing a Request does not mean it will be granted, and those who are, are subjected to variyng amounts of waiting time. Standard quality is of pot-metal quality, though, quality of weapons may vary in the future. Requests for weapons that cannot be properly used by the requester will be ignored. See Shop Stuffs tab for a list of weapons avaiable. High Command may alter ToS and requests without warning. High Command may give different weapons to requesters if deemed more advantageous. Promotion limited by budget.

---

Oh yes, Tabby likes her women strong~. Too bad she's ill right now, or else Emerald would have to put these new wonderful gifts to work earlier than the expected.

Anyway, most stuff is auto-explanatory. It's been some time since Meira has come and Satori showed to be displeased at that. We also need to check the Lamia, else it will be in Satori's care forever. Taking Deady along because Satori can read minds, so I figured that could help.

Buying weapons for the troops. Targeted territories should give more money for the next turn, hopefully enough to buy something and read a book or train more Fire Flingers.

The Weapon Request thing is just to check which weapons each fairy likes the most. Chris mentioned she liked punching stuff, so gauntlets probably suit her better, while a Spear may suit Dominique's tastes. Of course, this doesn't have any pratical effect. I mean, they will use whatever we give them is for fun, actually. Don't really expect it to be implemented, but it would be amusing if it did.

The ToS actually reflects my line of thinking regarding equipments. Henna received the Berserk Gear and the Flint Spear because of her Battle Scarred Perk.
>> No. 149923
[X] Track down Sakura.
we need a medic badly
[x] Satori.
-- [x] Meira
-- [x] Lamia
-- [x] Can she help comunicating with Deady? She can read minds, and you still need to learn what Deady discovered.

[x] War Plans:
-[x] Give Emerald her gift: The first weapon acquired by legit means, the Spiked Bronze Gauntlets. (Her special reward comes if she remember it first.)
-[x] Equip pot-metal swords: Dominique and Akira.
-[x] Requests for what kind weaponry are now open! If any fairy has a special afinity to certain weapons, may they make themselves known.
>> No. 149924
we might also see if we can get some help in capturing the master zombie fairy
>> No. 149926
>>149923
>>149924
>we might also see if we can get some help in capturing the master zombie fairy

Bleak Aura rank up? SInce it's a zombie fairy, it's possible it will respawn in another territory, giving us other chances of recruiting her. 10% is not a lot and only once per territory is sad. ;_;

Maybe by fulfilling the deal with Orin we might have access to an improved Aura.
>> No. 149927
[x]Weaponry, the gift that keeps on giving. Give Emerald her gauntlets, apologize for not being able to get anything more... "special", but you kinda went and got yourself blown up again and Wild Magic and hallucinogenic alcohol do not mix. Then realize she's not paying attention to you and is shifting her gaze from you to Barrier back to you again and oh dear you recognize that look on her face...

*ahem*

[x]Talk to Satori
-[x]Meira
-[x]Healing skills
-[x]Tiny Lamia(may well tie into the above)

[x]Go read a book
-[x]Hmmmmm.... Sorcery of Storm. Might swap to Rune of Doom or something later, not entirely sure.

[x]If you're still awake, play a few rounds of charades with Deady, the other fairies can join in too. Same goes for Orin if she's around.
>> No. 149928
[X]Talk to Satori
-[X] Ask about the Lamia.
-[X] Bring up the possibility regarding using your ability as a Fairy and the use of "Binding Deals" as a means of negating/neutralizing the potential threat Sakura (the Miku Orin was asking about) may pose.
--[X] Tell her you don't want to make any moves like this without her advice/agreement, especially if it involves other members of the Palace of Earth Spirits, but that recent events have made it abundently clear you're a bit in over your head, and you need every advantage you can get, but that you won't do anything to put yourher home at risk in the process.
-- [x] Bring Deady with you, maybe Satori can help comunicating with her. You still need to learn what Deady discovered.

[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintence Orders:
-[x] Give Emerald her gift: The first weapon acquired by legit means, the Spiked Copper Gauntlets. (Her special reward comes only if she remembers it first). It's not much, but it's all you could buy for now.
-[x] Equip pot-metal swords: Dominique and Akira.
-[x] Buy 3 Spiked Pot-Metal Gauntlets and 2 Pot-Metal Rods. Send Ciarra to deliver payment, if needed, otherwise she deploys along Squad 4.

[x] Actual Battle plans:
--[x] Invade Tunnels I-2. Meira, Henna, Akira, Dominique, Ain, Blackheart, Levina and Yumiko. Hit the stronger CS first, and ignore the fairies until the other CS are down. Immediatly eliminate any Squid that succesfuly swallows anyone.
--[x] Invade Tunnels I-3. Emerald, the three Brawlers, Dead2 and Honey. Same strategy as Squad 1.
--[x] Invade Tunnels VI-1. Newdead, "George", Finni, Russet, Marshmellow Button, Mimi, Fabrizia, Bellflower, Virgo, Ellete. ZF on ZF, lock them down to protect regular fairies. Normal fairies hit the Squids first, then help the ZF. MMs are next, DMs for last.
--[x] Invade Tunnels II-2. Everyone left. Roll strategy for this group. Same plans as Squad 1 and 2. Retreat with the Squid's bodies if victory is not possible.
>> No. 149930
>>149913
Is that a giant cave squid? I hope so. Cirno could use the attrition.

>>149927
"Barrier, defend me!"

[x] The Satori option
[x] Read a book in bed
- [x] Chemistry: A core study

For two reasons. First, it ties in with the metallurgy we need to learn. Secondly -- and probably more importantly -- it's a stepping stone to Nano-medication.

As for the war plans... I'm not happy implicitly poking Cirno the way we're doing by edging into Tunnels I. But oh, all that tasty squid meat...

Tactics:
[x] Our Zombie Fairies should prioritize enemy targets as follows: ZF, MM, DM, 0-squid, α-squid.
[x] Our Fire Flingers should prioritize targets as follows: 0-squid with more than 7 HP, ZF, MM, DM. (Don't target other squid unless absolutely necessary.)
[x] All other fairies (and Ain) should prioritize targets as follows: 0-squid, α-squid, ZF, MM, DM.
[x] In all cases, preferentially target squid that have swallowed someone, and pull out (taking squid corpses with you) if victory is impossible.

Strategy:
[x] Invade Tunnels I-2. Emerald, Meira, Henna, Akira, Dominique, Ain, Blackheart, Levina, Yumiko, Deady, Dead2, and Honey.
[x] Invade Tunnels VI-1. Newdead, "George", Finni, Russet, Marshmallow Button, Bellflower, Chiko, Ellete.
[x] Invade Tunnels II-2. Everyone else (Ciarra, Fabrizia, Henna, Mimi, Vanice, Virgo).

The I-2 team is basically the I-2 and I-3 teams from the other strategy. (I'm a little wary of that α-squid.) I've also pulled Mimi and Virgo, who are both Necrophobe 2, into the third battle (which has no ZFs on either side), and pulled Chiko out of that battle to take their place.

I'd rather just garrison Mimi and Virgo, but I'm having some trouble navigating the relevant datasets. (I'm not even sure if this is really the set of tunnels we want to be assaulting, but what the hell.)
>> No. 149934
File 13218658305.png - (69.70KB , 1152x648 , OOB6_Proposed_plan_of_attack_1.png ) [iqdb]
149934
>>149921
Proposed plan of attack 1
>> No. 149937
File 132186626159.png - (69.83KB , 1152x698 , OOB6_Proposed_plan_of_attack_2.png ) [iqdb]
149937
>>149930
Proposed plan of attack 2
>> No. 149939
>>149928

Hey, didn't you bring up that idea last thread to try and see if we could use Tabuki's "Magical Binding Agreement" ability as a de-facto fairy to get Sakura onboard as a general? How did it go again, talk with Satori, see if that option was available or would work, and if it was then have Satori/Tabuki work out an agreement to be offered beforehand to Sakura that, if not giving everybody what they want, would at least lower the chances of a confrontation between Sakura and the others? Alright, I'll sign up for that, so long as we can squeeze in reading a book as well. Next day she should be healed enough to try binding a spirit to something in preperation for the eventual attack on Kristoph.

>>149930
Chemistry also ties in perfectly with the atomic theory she has learned, since Chemistry is really just applied Physics. The book might be a bit dated though, considered where they are. Also, >>149935 pointed out what was wrong with your order of attack.

[X] >>149928
[X] Keep a guard assigned to the Negotiator.
[X] Read a book (in bed if you can)
- [X] Chemistry: A core study
>> No. 149940
>>149939
If you check >>149915 you can see that dawn is on guard duty, and she has not been used in either of the plans of attack.
>> No. 149942
>>149921
>>149934
Blast, didn’t read thoroughly enough. If Deady is not used in combat I propose to move dead 2 from Team I-3 to team tunnels II–2.
>> No. 149946
[x] Briefly compliment Emerald on her buffer look. Those new muscles really are something, aren't they? Go ahead Tabby, see how firm they are...

We should compliment Emerald, regardless of what we. People like it when others notice changes in appearence, specially girls. Besides more bonding with our waifu is always welcome.

[x] Go meet Satori. There some things you need to talk about.
-- [x] Meira
-- [x] Lamia
-- [x] Bring Deady with you, maybe Satori can help comunicating with her. You still need to learn what Deady discovered.

[x] War Plans:
-[x] Give Emerald her gift: The first weapon acquired by legit means, the Spiked Copper Gauntlets. (Her special reward comes only if she remembers it first). It's not much, but it's all you could buy for now.
-[x] Equip pot-metal swords: Dominique and Akira.

[x] Battle stuff: seconded entirely >>149921.

Oh boy, 4 battles. I wonder how long it will take Kahi to roll all this stuff.
>> No. 149950
[x] Briefly compliment Emerald on her buffer look, and give her her weapon (Spiked Copper Gauntlet)
[x] Go meet Satori. There some things you need to talk about.
-- [x] Meira
-- [x] Lamia
-- [x] Bring Deady with you, maybe Satori can help comunicating with her. You still need to learn what Deady discovered.

[x] War Plans:
[x] Maintence Orders:
-[x] Equip pot-metal swords: Dominique and Akira.
-[x] Buy 3 Spiked Pot-Metal Gauntlets and 2 Pot-Metal Rods. Send Ciarra to deliver payment, if needed, otherwise she deploys along Squad 4.

[x] Actual Battle plans:
--[x] Invade Tunnels I-2. Meira, Henna, Akira, Dominique, Ain, Blackheart, Levina and Yumiko. Hit the stronger CS first, and ignore the fairies until the other CS are down. Immediatly eliminate any Squid that succesfuly swallows anyone.
--[x] Invade Tunnels I-3. Emerald, the three Brawlers, Dead2 and Honey. Same strategy as Squad 1.
--[x] Invade Tunnels VI-1. Newdead, "George", Finni, Russet, Marshmellow Button, Fabrizia, Bellflower, Ellete. ZF on ZF, lock them down to protect regular fairies. Normal fairies hit the Squids first, then help the ZF. MMs are next, DMs for last.
--[x] Invade Tunnels II-2. Everyone left. Roll strategy for this group. Same plans as Squad 1 and 2. Retreat with the Squid's bodies if victory is not possible.

Changed the invasion force for Tunnels VI-1. Removed Mimi and Virgo, because both are Necrophobes and the enemy forces have undead units. With this, they invade Tunnels II-2, where there are no undeads. Note that Deady can't take part on any invasion since we're taking her to see Satori, so there is no risk of the two necrophobes freezing in fear during combat.

I also suggest we change the fourth zombie fairy's name. George? Really? I proposed we name her Grey. Because the zombies lack coloration and, you know, Grey can also be used as a normal name.
>> No. 149953
File 132189134494.png - (74.39KB , 1152x712 , OOB6_Proposed_plan_of_attack_3.png ) [iqdb]
149953
>>149950
"Note that Deady can't take part"

>>149942
Noted and commented upon, can’t remove the post due to lack of password. Here is the visualization of your plan. Now, if you would excuse me, I have to commit seppuku the way it was meant to be done: By setting fire to my lab and drowning myself in HPLC-grade methanol.
>> No. 149956
>>149953
>"Note that Deady can't take part"

Thanks man. You're a great guy, did you know that?

>I have to commit seppuku the way it was meant to be done: By setting fire to my lab and drowning myself in HPLC-grade methanol.

Don't do it man, we need you!
>> No. 149960
Don't forget we can still expand into the old hells tunnels as well
>> No. 149961
>>149960
Kristoph be blocking da way mon.
>> No. 149963
>>149961

For now. We will deal with him soon.
>> No. 149973
>>149937
Goddammit. Yeah, "Henna" should have been "Chris" in the II-2 battle, and the Brawlers were intended to be in the I-2 battle -- I lost them when splicing the lists. (And, as has been noted, Deady shouldn't be involved at all.) The VI-1/II-2 part should have looked exactly like >>149950's suggestion. (Well, okay, Chiko and Fabrizia are swapped. Their stats are identical, though.)

I note your "(!)" there: yes, that was intended. I figured between a) the unknown nature of the α-squid -- suppose it's big enough to swallow Meira? -- b) the prevalence of squid in that lineup, and on top of that c) the difficulties introduced by the Tactics setup (FFs/ZFs not going for squid) that we really should hit it with overwhelming force.

I also should have explained that I chose that Tactics setup I did because (as I recall it) both FFs and ZFs have shown a nasty tendency to ruin the squid meat. However, now that I actually look at the side-by-side lineup, that means we'd nearly be wasting Honey: she'd have one lousy DM and MM to target. I guess that should have read something like (additions in italics):

[x] Our Fire Flingers should prioritize targets as follows: 0-squid with more than 7 HP, squid that have swallowed someone, ZF, MM, DM, cover fire.
[x] All other fairies (and Meira and Ain) should prioritize targets as follows: 0-squid, α-squid, ZF, MM, DM.

Not that any of this matters at this point, of course, since >>149921 is very much in the lead.

>>149950
... I don't really understand why, of the four ZFs' names, it's George you find problematic. I like "Grey", though; can we use it for the one we're currently calling "Newdead" instead? (Also, for "Dead2", I suggest "Tuppence", cheerfully stolen from Fell's "Resentment".)
>> No. 149976
>>... I don't really understand why, of the four ZFs' names, it's George you find problematic.

I named that fairy "George" for the same reason I named one of the fairies "Elmyra". Ask yourself, what is Elmyra known for? "I'm gonna Hug'em and SQUEEZE'em!" and "You're not going to learn anything floating at the bottom of the pool." Now what is "George" known for? "I will name him George, and I will hug him and pet him and squeeze him..."

Yes, I am a horrible, horrible person, and I feel no shame whatsoever for that, and yes, I purposely named those two characters that for the potential of George being terrified of Elmyra, instead of the other way around as you'd normally expect.

Also, Kahi, I was able to finish up a few more entries, and have basic histories for about two-thirds of the named fairies so far. I plan on making histories for some of the fairies not seen/used here either (I think it's between twenty/thiry named fairies not yet seen/used here yet) after I get Tabby's forces written up, just because I can and am that fucking bored.
>> No. 149988
File 132196482630.png - (67.29KB , 1232x648 , OOB6_Proposed_Plan_of_attack2a.png ) [iqdb]
149988
Due to >>149973.
Replace >>149937 with this one.
>> No. 149998
File 132197338729.jpg - (16.62KB , 250x250 , George.jpg ) [iqdb]
149998
>>149976
>Elmyra
>George

Not ringing any bells here, though Elmyra reminds me of that pet killing girl in Tiny Toon. Or was it the Animaniacs?

>Now what is "George" known for?

I seriously hope you guy didn't do this. Oh wait, you didn't.

Well, while I still don't know why George, I'm just bothered by it because it sounds, well, ugly. Well, ok, there is Constanza too.

>Turn x
>Not having every fairy equipped with weapons

picsoontoberelated?.jpg
>> No. 150010
This once, I'll be nice and go with the one that doesn't have you throwing terrified fairies up against the sort of thing that horribly and messily killed them not too long ago. Since it's almost identical to the other, except for that.

Might not be so lucky next time~

ALSO: Re: Marshmallows. I'll let this slide and stick someone else in her place, too. But you should really be sure to check which fairies are the last garrisoning a given territory before you throw them into a fight.
>> No. 150011
>>150010
Huh, thought that it worked like that unless we committed too many fairies. Right, will take greater care in the future.
>> No. 150013
>>150010
Can I have a rules check?
Necrophobe say there's a 50% chance of losing first turn. Does this mean it will trigger in the range-only turn (which if first) for melee units, causing them to lose a turn they don't get anyway?

If so then there's only a 10% chance of them being affected by the fear while gaining a Battle-long attack bonus for free, which is actually a good trade off. Especially as the fear ends when struck (which could also be during the range-only turn).
>> No. 150014
'The' first turn... yeah, that's supposed to be 'their' first turn. Not one person mentioned this to me before?

But anyway, fixing that. If they are ranged, then it's to lose turn one. If they're melee, it's for turn two. Or whichever one they would have acted first in, if they have bonuses similar to Meiras, that let them go faster. 'Whenever they would have acted first'.
>> No. 150016
>>149916

Oh yeah, here's for you: Kahi updated the Bestiary tab. It now has info on the spiders, and how much HP increases with each rank for the Squids (it doubles). Their damage should probably obey the normal rank system (+1 per rank). It also contains Cirno's Ice Golem now.

>Hell Hound
>Punishment Golem

Oh dear. I don't like the looks of this.
>> No. 150017
>>150010

Oh wow, so many grave mistakes and I didn't even notice them. Damn, I feel ashamed. Thanks Kahi, for being generous.

Also, can I second >>150013? I need to know if the Necrophobe trait is triggered by our own zombie fairies too. One would guess they aren't to be as afraid of them as they are of hostile undeads, since ours cannot hurt them.
>> No. 150018
>involving undead units on either side.

This does mean that second-stage Necrophobes will flip out if there are undead anywhere on the field of battle, yes. However, for the more basic ones:

>in a battle against undead units

This does mean that they can keep it together, at least enough to punch things, so long as the only undead in the battle are on their side. As long as there are none in the enemy ranks, you're pretty good, even if they've got Deady breathing riiight down their neck up until the second the fight actually starts.

TLDR
Necrophobe: Doesn't want THE ENEMY to have any undead.
Necrophobe 2: Doesn't want there to be ANY undead, AT ALL.
>> No. 150019
>>150018

Much appreciated. Well, I guess it's time to change some of the fairies's duties.
>> No. 150021
File 132200768680.jpg - (160.79KB , 626x626 , 14a88da647cc041f2119becc648025fbc31415fd.jpg ) [iqdb]
150021
"You're stronger. And you look it." Tabuki says appraisingly.

Emerald lets a smug look cross her face as she crosses her arms. She isn't bulky, and weighed down with vast expanses of meat, but she is very solidly defined, chiseled almost.

"I have a gift for you, if you recall." Tabuki continues, rising to her feet and wobbling for only a moment before she moves on. Emerald looks concerned, but they make their way to the War Room. The gauntlets are waiting in a small chest, there, and Emerald whistles as Tabuki removes them.

"Shiny~" She says, fiddling with the spikes before orking them onto her hands.

"I also have these." Tabuki continues, pulling out two simple swords, careful not to drop them for fear of denting the equipment. "For... you. And you. More weapons are incoming, and I'm open to suggestions, to some degree."

There's a mild cheer through the room as squads are aside, it seems that Emerald wasn't the only one growing weary of pounding things with her bare hands. No matter. That done, Tabuki has a quiet word with one of the barmaids, instructing them to bring money to the smith, to cover an order of some few more cheap gauntlets, and a pair of rods. 46 silvers isn't exactly cheap at this point in time, leaving her with no more than a small amount of what might as well be pocket-change, but if everything goes well she should recoup the losses within the day. It does, unfortunately, just barely prevent her from utilizing the Library properly.

Satori is seated within it, however, and it's fairly obvious that she knows what Tabuki has come to speak of the moment she enters.

"... I am not opposed to keeping pets." She says simply, as Tabuki seats herself. "However I would prefer warning in advance, if there is another mouth to be fed."

"I wouldn't define Meira as a 'pet', to be honest." Tabuki points out. "More like a hired bodyguard or mercenary. Except she won't get paid."

"Irrelevant details." Satori says, waving a hand dismissively. "Use whichever label you prefer for your pet swordswoman. I would simply have liked to have been informed in advance."

"That wasn't really possible. The circumstances were... you recall, unusual at best."

"One only hopes." Satori says, sipping at her tea. "In any case, I would advise you to take care where you let her wander."

"Yes, I've had this brought to my attention before. The denizens of the City..." Tabuki says.

"That is part of it, yes. However, I would not allow her completely free reign within the Palace, either. I am afraid that not all of my own pets are particularly well versed in the concept of 'self-restraint'. And I trust you understand that any harm that should come to my pets, accidental or in self-defense as the case may be, would be as vexing to me as similar harm carried out against your own?"

"... Duly noted. I'll be sure to let her know not to go poking around behind unfamiliar doors." Tabuki says, after a moment of contemplation.

"Very good. I don't expect it will be an issue, she seems well behaved enough." Satori concludes, dropping the topic. "On the note of the Lamia one of your undead drug in by the scruff of its neck... it seems to consider some manner of debt owed, there."

Tabuki's mind shifts to consider this, and Satori raises a brow.

"It seems rather irrational, as it did initiate hostilities itself, however the fact remains that your undead fairy removed it from a following situation where it would most certainly have died. I don't doubt you could add her to your ranks, yes. Or, of course, you could leave her in my care. I have something of a personal menagerie, which I enjoy tending to, Orin and Okuu of course being pride of place among them. However, while my collection of beasts found below the ground is extensive, examples from the surface... are somewhat lacking. I would be willing to issue a reward from my personal funds, in exchange for samples of the wildlife." She says, the mildest note of interest in her voice.

"That... I'll need a moment to consider." Tabuki says.

"Yes, as you please. To your other matter... Orin would likely have been a better one to speak with. But very well. You. Zombie. Think very clearly, and recall the details which transpired."

Satori seems to focus, and frowns.

".... It's not clear. I can understand some, but much is a waste. She seems to have infiltrated an encampment of some nature, however. There was a storage facility, with some quantity of alcohol, and fresh fruits, stored. There was another. Weapons. Costumes. Most seem very new, unused. A stockpile. ... I would suspect it to be storage for newly constructed weaponry, free for almost any to use as they please. Yes, that one.. it is broken, but there are none like it in the stores. I don't doubt that superior weapons are kept closer to hand, likely in sleeping quarters." Satori pauses, then shrugs, leaning back in her chair. "That is really all I could properly determine. The memory is distant enough to have become slightly scrambled. Orin knows a spell, however, that would recall that which an undead servant has perceived and give you that knowledge as though you had seen it yourself. If I recall correctly."

"I see." Tabuki says. "In any case, it was more than I knew before."

"Of course." Satori says. "And if you have considered the other matter? I will offer thirty silvers."

"It is not impossible that other such individuals could be collected, of course." Tabuki muses.

"This is not beyond possibility. However, in good condition only. I'll not pay for an animal cleaved nearly all the way apart, only to die moments after changing hands into my care." Satori stipulates. "My talents in matters of healing are far from limitless."

Tabuki shakes her head wryly, considering the matter.

[ ] Sell Lamia to Satori for 30s.
[ ] Keep Lamia as a new unit. Stats= ???.

Silvers = 4.
>> No. 150022
TI-2 Battle

Meira, Akira, Dominique, Henna, Levina, Yumiko, Blackheart, Ain

vs

CSx8, avgCS, MM, DM

---

Meira- 22 damage to aCS(KO), 18 damage to (d8=4) CS4 (KO)
Akira-x
Dominique-x
Henna-x
Levina- 2 damage to (d7=2) CS2 (8hp)
Yumiko- 3 damage to (d7=7) CS8 (7hp)
Blackheart- 2 damage to (d7=1) CS1 (8hp)
Ain- 3 damage to (d7=7) CS8 (4hp)

CS(all)- x
MM-x
DM- 2 damage to (d8=6) Yumiko (13hp)

Meira- 20 damage to (d7=4) CS5 (KO), 23 damage to (d6=4) CS6 (KO)
Akira- 5 damage to (d5=3) CS3 (5hp)
Dominique- 5 damage to (d5=2) CS2 (3hp)
Henna- 8 damage to (d5=2) CS2 (KO)
Levina- 3 damage to (d4=2) CS3 (2hp)
Yumiko- 2 damage to (d4=3) CS7 (8hp)
Blackheart- 2 damage to (d4=4) CS8 (2hp)
Ain- 2 damage to (d4=3) CS7 (6hp)

CS1- 2 damage to (d8=7) Blackheart (8hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=8/10, d10=9) And succeeds.
BB takes an additional 3 crushing and acid damage (5hp)
CS3- 3 damage to (d7=7) Ain (HALF 11hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=11/12, d12=12) Successfully!
Ain just floats right back out. CS looks terribly confused, somehow.
CS7- 3 damage to (d7=3) Dominique (12hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=12/15, d15=13) Successfully!
Dominique takes an additional 3 crushing and acid damage (9hp)
CS8- 3 damage to (d6=6) Ain (HALF 10hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=10/12, d12=11) Successfully!
Ain just floats right back out. Ain looks smug.
MM- 2 damage to (d6=2) Akira (13hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d6=5) Yumiko (11hp)

Meira- 21 damage to CS1 (KO), 23 damage to CS7 (KO)
-Blackheart and Dominique crawl free, turn lost.
Akira- 5 damage to (d2=1) cS3 (KO)
Henna- 7 damage to CS8 (KO)
Levina- 2 damage to (d2=2) DM (8hp)
Yumiko- 3 damage to (d2=2) DM (5hp)
Ain- 3 damage to (d2=1) MM (7hp)

MM- 1 damage to (d8=4) Henna (21hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d8=2) Akira (11hp)

Meira- 19 damage to (d2=1) MM (KO, instagib), 25 damage to DM (KO, instagib)

Victory.
+1 battle xp
Conscripted MMA, DMA
Loot -> 8 squid meat = +32 silvers
Loot -> 1 (avg) Squid meat = +6 silvers.
Scouting TI-4

---

TI-3 battle

Emerald, Frances, Quinn, Janice, Dead2, Honey

vs

CSx5, avgCS, MM, DM

---

Emerald-x
Frances-x
Quinn-x
Janice-x
Dead2-x
Honey- 7 damage to aCS (13hp)

CS1:5- x
aCS-x
MM-x
DM- 1 damage to (d6=1) Emerald (59hp)

Emerald- 19 damage to aCS (KO)
Frances- 4 damage to (d5=4) CS4 (6hp)
Quinn- 3 damage to (d5=3) CS3 (7hp)
Janice- 6 damage to (d5=1) CS1 (4hp)
Dead2- 9 damage to (d5=1) CS1 (KO)
Honey- 5 damage to (d4=1) CS2 (5hp)

CS2- 3 damage to (d6=2) Frances (13hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=13/16, d16=4) It fails.
CS3- 3 damage to (d6=5) Dead2 (27hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=27/30, d30=12) It fails.
Cs4- 2 damage to (d6=5) Dead2 (25hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=25/30, d30=9) It fails.
CS5- 3 damage to (d6=3) Quinn (13hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=13/16, d16=5) It fails.
MM- 2 damage to (d6=1) Emerald (57hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d6=3) Quinn (11hp)

Emerald- 16 damage to (d4=3) CS4 (KO)
Frances- 3 damage to (d3=2) CS3 (4hp)
Quinn- 3 damage to (d3=1) CS2 (2hp)
Janice- 6 damage to (d3=1) CS2 (KO)
Dead2- 10 damage to (d2=2) CS5 (KO)
Honey- 7 damage to CS3 (KO)

MM- 1 damage to (d6=2) Frances (12hp)
DM- 1 damage to (d6=6) Honey (14hp)

Emerald- 15 damage to (d2=2) DM (KO, -5hp)
Frances- 3 damage to MM (7hp)
Quinn- 3 damage to MM (4hp)
Janice- 6 damage to MM (KO)

Victory
DM [-5/10, d10=9] survives wounds.
+1 battle xp
Conscripted MMB, DMB
Loot-> 5 squid meat = +20 silvers
Loot-> 1 (avg) squid meat = +6 silvers
Scouting TI-5, TI-6

---

TVI-1 battle

Newdead, "George", Finni, Russet, Marshmellow Button, Fabrizia, Bellflower, Ellete

vs

CSx2, ZFx2, MMx2, DMx2

--

Newdead-x
George-x
Finni-x
Russet-x
Marshmellow- 2 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (8hp)
Fabrizia- 2 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (8hp)
Bellflower-x
Ellete- 5 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (3hp)

CS1:2-x
ZF1:2-x
MM1:2-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d8=2) George (14hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d8=1) Newdead (29hp)

Newdead- 7 damage to ZF1 (8hp)
George- 3 damage to ZF2 (12hp)
Finni- 1 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (7hp)
Russet- 2 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (1hp)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (KO)
Fabrizia- 2 damage to CS2 (6hp)
Bellflower- 3 damage to CS2 (3hp)
Ellete- 7 damage to CS2 (KO)

ZF1- 3 damage to Newdead (26hp)
ZF2- 4 damage to George (10hp)
MM1- 1 damage to (d8=5) Marshmallow (9hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d8=6) Fabrizia (14hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d8=7) Bellflower (13hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d8=8) Ellete (13hp)

Newdead- 7 damage to ZF1 (1hp)
George- 3 damage to ZF2 (9hp)
Finni- 1 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (8hp)
Russet- 1 damage to (d2=1) ZF1 (KO)
Marshmallow- 1 damage to ZF2 (7hp)
Fabrizia- 2 damage to ZF2 (5hp)
Bellflower- 2 damage to ZF2 (3hp)
Ellete- 5 damage to ZF2 (KO)

MM1- 1 damage to (d8=3) Finni (9hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d8=2) George (8hp)
DM1- 1 damage to d8=6) Fabrizia (13hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d8=5) Marshmallow (8hp)

Newdead- 8 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (2hp)
George- 3 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (KO, -1hp)
Finni- 1 damage to MM2 (9hp)
Russet- 1 damage to MM2 (8hp)
Marshmallow- 2 damage to MM2 (6hp)
Fabrizia- 3 damage to MM2 (3hp)
Bellflower- 2 damage to MM2 (1hp)
Ellete- 7 damage to MM2 (KO)

DM1- 2 damage to (d8=7) Bellflower (11hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d8=5) Marshmallow (7hp)

Newdead- 7 damage to MM1 (-8hp)
George- 4 damage to MM1 (-12hp, deaded.)
Finni- 2 damage to (d2=1) DM1 (8hp)
Russet- 2 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (8hp)
Marshmallow- 1 damage to (d2=1) DM1 (7hp)
Fabrizia- 2 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (6hp)
Bellflower- 2 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (4hp)
Ellete- 7 damage to (d2=1) DM1 (KO)

DM2- 1 damage to (d8=2) George (7hp)

Newdead- 8 damage to DM2 (KO, -4hp)

Newdead- 7 damage to DM2 (-11hp, deaded)

Victory
MM1, DM2 = Necrophobe. 2d2= 2, 1. Neither recruited.
Conscripted MMC, DMC
+1 battle xp
Loot-> 2 squid meat = +8 silvers.
Bleak Aura [d100=83]
Scouting TVI-2

---

TII-2 battle.

Chris, Vanice, Chiko, Willow, Mimi

vs

CSx2, MMx2, DMx2

Strategy: d10=3, success. Flat +2hp

---

Chris- x
Vanice- x
Chiko- 3 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (7hp)
Willow- 1 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (6hp)
Mimi- 2 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (8hp)

CS1:2-x
MM1:2-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d5=5) Mimi (11hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d5=2) Vanice (10hp)

Chris- 3 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (5hp)
Vanice- 1 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (5hp)
Chiko- 2 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (3hp)
Willow- 2 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (1hp)
Mimi- 2 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (KO)

CS2- 2 damage to (d5=4) Willow (10)
Cs attempts to swallow (hp=10/12, d12=6) it fails.
MM- 1 damage to (d5=3) Chiko (16hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d5=3) Chiko (15hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d5=1) Chris (15hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d5=5) Mimi (9hp)

Chris- 3 damage to CS2 (2hp)
Vanice- 2 damage to CS2 (KO)
Chiko- 2 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (8hp)
Willow- 2 damage to (d4=1) MM1 (8hp)
Mimi- 1 damage to (d4=1) MM1 (7hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d5=5) Mimi (8hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d5=1) Chris- (14hp)
Dm1- 1 damage to (d5=3) Chiko (14hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d5=2) Vanice (8hp)

Chris- 3 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (5hp)
Vanice- 2 damage to (d4=1) MM1 (5hp)
Chiko- 3 damage to (d4=4) DM2 (7hp)
Willow- 1 damage to (d4=4) DM2 (6hp)
Mimi- 1 damage to (d4=4) DM2 (5hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d5=2) vanice (7hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d5=2) vanice (6hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d5=2) vanice (5hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d5=4) Willow (8hp)

Chris- 3 damage to (d4=4) DM2 (2hp)
Vanice- 1 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (4hp)
Chiko- 3 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (1hp)
Willow- 1 damage to (d4=1) MM1 (4hp)
Mimi- 2 damage to (d4=2) MM2 (8hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d5=2) Vanice (4hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d5=5) Mimi (7hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d5=3) Chiko (12hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d5=4) Willow- 6hp)

Chris- 2 damage to (d4=2) MM2 (6hp)
Vanice- 1 damage to (d4=3) DM1 (KO)
Chiko- 2 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (4hp)
Willow- 1 damage to (d3=3) DM2 (1hp)
Mimi- 1 damage to (d3=1) MM1 (3hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d5=1) Chris (13hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d5=4) Willow (5hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d5=4) Willow (4hp)

Chris- 3 damage to (d3=1) MM1 (KO)
Vanice- 1 damage to (d2=1) MM2 (3hp)
Chiko- 2 damage to (d2=1) MM2 (1hp)
Willow- 1 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (KO)
Mimi- 1 damage to MM2 (KO)

Victory
+1 battle xp
Conscripted MMD, DMD
Loot-> 2 squid meat = +8 silvers
Scouting TII-3

>> No. 150023
[x] Sell Lamia to Satori for 30s.

Money. Satori influence.
>> No. 150024
Ain is a smug snake.
>> No. 150025
Hm, Deady with a +2 or +4 nearly killed the Lamia, didn't she? A cut with the spear, two headbutts, and then using her as a pillow when crashing into the ground. But then again, these moves probably didn't make full use of Deady's strenght, so stats are probably meaningless.

That's a decent amount of HP right there.

[x] Sell Satori the Lamia.
[x] You now have money and are in the library. Use this money to read Demon and Darkness.

I'm still really torn about this. Another unit not shackled to territories would be nice, but 30 silver is 3 more weapons, giving a +6~9 damage boost.

Also, another book to read, if it's still allowed in this turn. I suggest Demon and Darkness because summoning demons is always cool.
>> No. 150026
Oh, by the way. We gained 80 silver with all the Squid loot.

4+80+19+30 = 133

Even if not selling the Lamia, next turn we will have enough for buying something from Pierre. I wonder how much bonus his barmaid/housemaid uniforms give inc omparison to Pedro's.

We can also buy 13 weapons instead. +26~39 bonus damage...
>> No. 150030
[x]Accept Satori's offer. The Lamia would be better off in her care anyways.
[x]Learn a thing or two about healing, if possible. If Satori's busy, go read... Calculus if you don't already know it, Annotated Flora/Fauna if you do. Need to know what to target should you decide to send the zombies up to the surface on a night raid now and then.

And on the chance Tabby's still awake at this point:
[x]Flag Orin down when she gets back, ask about that spell Satori mentioned.


Pierre doesn't strike me as someone who'd waste his time making uniforms, better off checking in with Lopez once directions have been procured. I'm guessing Pierre's there for higher-end caster armor and formal wear, should the need arise.
>> No. 150033
> Keep Lamia - CHECK OUT HER STATS and if she's useless, THEN SELL HER.

A shoulder-lamia pet for Tabby could even bring up her CHA or something like a buff.

OPTION TO SELL IS ALWAYS OPEN, FINDING OUT WHAT SHE DOES IS NOT.
>> No. 150034
>>150033
Not really sure how that would work when the Lamia is bigger than she is.


As for the Hellhounds and the Punishment Golems... I get the feeling that Tabby only has a few more turns to deal with Kristoph before the matter settles itself, as it were.
>> No. 150035
[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer and do it.
[x] Track down Sakura-you need her help, ill girl.
-[x] Get everyone who isn't fighting or working to help you.

Sorry, I can't find the book list. Also, Sakura is much higher priority (heal, miko, heal) but she's in a crappy state to walk or to fight. How many dies until she is better?
>> No. 150036
>>150035

[ ] Flora and Fauna: An annotated guide.
[ ] An Elementary Introduction to Mathematical Finance
[ ] The Earth and the Summer
[ ] The Secret and the Scourge
[ ] The Mydge Mistress
[ ] Principles of Semiconductor Devices
[ ] High Energy Astrophysics
[ ] Dick and Jane, 37'th edition.
[ ] Return of the King
[ ] Basic Atomic Theorems and Principles
[ ] Ebony Demon of Sylyan
[ ] Quantum mechanics with Basic Field Theory
[ ] The Giant Spider: Care, Feeding, and Riding of
[ ] Faerie of the Sea City
[ ] Rune of Doom
[ ] Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness
[ ] Sorcery of Storm
[ ] Iron Apprentice of Celiniof
[ ] Chemistry: A core study
[ ] Neurology: an introduction.
[ ] Master of Empire
[ ] Nano-medication
[ ] Science: For idiots.
[ ] Calculus: For idiots.
[ ] Demon and Darkness

>How many dies until she is better?

Talking about Tabby? She heals a fix 15% per "day", so it's a matter of days, not of "dies". Unless you're thinking of Patchy Quest.
>> No. 150037
[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer and do it.
[x] Track down Sakura-you need her help, ill girl.
>> No. 150038
[x] Keep the lamia.
[x] Speak with the lamia to confirm its willingness.

I'm curious what mini-lamias can do and we can always earn the silver later.
>> No. 150039
>>150035
>>150037

GOD DAMMIT!

Why are you fucktards seeking Sakura when you should KNOW that both Satori and Orin DO NOT FUCKING TRUST HER?! Are your memories that fucking short? Do you NOT understand that such actions have CONSQUENCES?

I mentioned repeatedly that the BEST thing to do was to see if you could bind Sakura to an agreement beforehand to #1. Make sure Sakura does not become a threat, #2. Make Satori and Orin Happy, and #3. Possibly help relieve tensions.

If you want to seek out Sakura fine, but unless you run by the possibility of negating the risks using the binding magical fairy ability Tabuki has with Satori, I will explain in detail how if stupidity were an STD, you fools would have more STD's than a sub-Saharan African AIDS orphan who traveled to Somalia and fucked a cheap hooker in a Mogadishu hotel.
>> No. 150040
[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer and do it.
[x] Track down Sakura-you need her help, ill girl.

>>150039
You seem mad.
>> No. 150042
>>150040
Only due to the blatant stupid in the idiocy of your votes. Seeking Sakura is fine and dandy, so long as you have a means of ensuring you don't end up kicked out of Satori's house in the process.

Asking Satori if your abilities could bind Sakura to an agreement is all you need to do to change a stupid vote to a risky vote. Risks usually have rewards. Stupidly risking things without some measure of self-protection/preservation is just plain fucking stupid though, and stupidity should be mocked when and where it appears.
>> No. 150043
>>150042

I'm not quite getting what's so bad about the vote. It's not like they're seeking an alliance or a deal with her: It's just a matter of seeking healing. What's wrong with that?
>> No. 150044
Fine, if it'll make you happy, we can ask Satori about something Tabby already knows how to do.

[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
>> No. 150046
>>150043
Reread the story bits where Sakura is mentioned. She is CONSISTENTLY seeking an audience with Okuu. Tabuki LIVES in the house Okuu lives in. Ergo, she is going to want a fucking audience.

The fact I have to explain what should be fucking obvious is WHY I'm calling the votes stupid beyond fucking belief.

>>Fine, if it'll make you happy, we can ask Satori about something Tabby already knows how to do.

No, Tabuki does not fully know the LIMITS of her Compact abilities. Tabuki also does not have the authority to make that kind of deal anyways. Hence, I have to point out another thing that should be obvious. If Sakura want an audience, Satori is the one we have to deal with. Did you not account for that beforehand? It sure as fuck doesn't look like it.
>> No. 150049
>>150046

Now, see, where in the votes was it specified that we were asking Sakura to make a house call? I was under the impression that we'd just get limp to her, have a cure spell or something casted on us, then be on our way. Nothing about having her go to Satori's place, or getting anywhere near Utsuho.
>> No. 150051
I feel that I should note that you have a good healer sitting in front of Tabby right now. She's no Eirin, but Yuugi's vouched for her and it's better than running after an unknown.

She might want a favor in return, but she'll probably be willing to teach some of what she's picked up.

(You might also want to toss the Miko Cosplay onto a melee troop once Tabby gets the full info from Deady, the Miko General's weapon being an axe is a rather large hint there)
>> No. 150052
>More like a hired bodyguard or mercenary. Except she won't get paid.
>Use whichever label you prefer for your pet swordswoman.
Why do i somehow pity her.

Seems like we have a deal with Satori. Kidnap creatures from overground to add to her "collection". If we ever make it to the surface it might be worth it to send some fairies out to ki- find some creatures and offer them a new home with Satori.

[x] Sell Lamia to Satori for 30s.
- [x] Track down Sakura-you need her help, ill girl.
>> No. 150053
Ok, I wrote up histories for all of Tabuki's named fairies so far. The link is in the words thread. Votes.

[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
- [x] Track down Sakura-you need her help, ill girl.
>> No. 150054
I think that everyone's blowing Sakura a little bit out of proportion. Yes, she's a Big Deal (TM), but we're not going to resolve it all at once. In fact, we'll probably need information to deal with her, and one of the best ways to get information is to talk to her, say, for something other than a confrontation. Point is, we have a pretext right now.

Also, we should hold off on selling off the Lamia. 30 silvers is, despite our meager coffers, chump change--we just made what? 80 silvers this round before work. It's an outlier, but I'd like to know what the lamia can do before we sell it into slavery the menagerie. On the other hand, we don't want a sulking servant, one that hungers for fairy flesh.

so,

[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
- [x] Track down Sakura-you need her help, ill girl.
>> No. 150055
I was thinking of sending the zombies out on night raids to the surface; they know how to sneak around the sentries, and it's not like they need sleep. The Flora/Fauna guide would probably be handy in giving them some sort of direction in that regard.

It should, again, be noted that Satori's right there, you might as well ask if she can teach you anything about healing/first aid. It's not like Meira's around to cart you around the city right now, so Tabby's not going all that far today(and from the sounds of it, Tabby should be more-or-less better in a day or so, so no rush there).
>> No. 150056
>>Ok, I wrote up histories for all of Tabuki's named fairies so far. The link is in the words thread.

Sweet.

>>150054
I think it's a nice way to cover our bases with Satori and whatnot. At the very least it shows that we're putting some forethought into our actions, rather than just blindly jumping into a situation with no idea what we are doing. It's not like it's that big a deal either way though, as you're right that we need to talk with Sakura too, but >>150046 did have point, no matter how crassly he worded it.

>>150055
Hmm, yeah, we should ask Satori some questions while we're there. I'll add in something to >>150053 's vote then.

[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
[x] Ask Satori about Healing.
[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
- [x] Track down Sakura-you need her help, ill girl.
>> No. 150058
Ah, something I forgot to bring up earlier.

Nobody knows where Sakura is at any given moment.

Tabby doesn't know what she looks like.*

Tabby's still somewhat ill, so she's not getting all that far on her own.

Tabby's Perception and Luck are 1.

So uh, yeah, good luck finding her if you want to go out anyways.


*Fine fine, Satori knows. The other points are still valid.
>> No. 150059
[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.

Still crossing my fingers for naked charades.
>> No. 150061
[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
[x] Ask Satori about Healing.
[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
[x] Flag Orin down when she gets back, ask about that spell Satori mentioned.
>> No. 150062
>>150053
Fuck, I totally forgot to write up histories for Akira, Bellflower, Beryl, Chris, Dominique, or Melanie. Well, I'll fix that in a day or so then. Also, need to write up a few names starting with "G".
>> No. 150063
[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
[x] Ask Satori about Healing.
[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
[x] Flag Orin down when she gets back, ask about that spell Satori mentioned.

>>150039
You shouldn't be surprised by stupid votes as this is /th/, one of the boards with low average IQ's. I'm surprised we're doing this well even with such folks voting.
>> No. 150064
Alright, I'm deleting my previous vote ( >>150053 ), and changing it to this. Also, I'll note that I've made an almost complete list of fairy histories, which can be found in the /words/ thread. Figures I forget to include the first few names fairies though. Anyways...

[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
[x] Ask Satori about Healing.
[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
[x] Flag Orin down when she gets back, ask about that spell Satori mentioned.
>> No. 150066
>>150065
>>Most likely will boil down to: kill something with it's soul detached from it's mortal body + a magic roll.

What in the hell are you talking about? We're asking about the nature and limits of "Magically Binding Deals Made By Fairies", which technically Tabuki is due to this war. I have no clue what you're referencing there with that post of yours.
>> No. 150068
>>150066

My bad, thought it was referring to binding spirits to weapons.

>[x] Ask Satori about Healing.

You find someone who can heal and pay them to do it. You, however will never learn a healing spell because that would make you overpowered.

>[x] Flag Orin down when she gets back, ask about that spell Satori mentioned.

Another round of Orin's ridiculous Jew prices.
>> No. 150070
>>150068
Huh? Orin's prices so far have been to ask Satori about Sakura in exchange for two spells, and to charge 5s to instantly convert a DM to a FF. Hardly what I'd call ridiculous. Can't imagine she'd ask for anything big in exchange for that bit of necromancy Tabby's after.



I wouldn't expect healing magic from Satori. I do, however, expect her to know a lot about first aid, along with perhaps some more in-depth stuff.
>> No. 150071
[x] Sell Lamia to Satori for 30s.
>> No. 150075
File 132203678787.jpg - (560.24KB , 1300x964 , 1299452364677.jpg ) [iqdb]
150075
>>150022
> 22 damage to aCS(KO)
> Loot -> 8 squid meat = +32 silvers
> Loot-> 5 squid meat = +20 silvers
Sometimes I like being wrong. This is one of those times.

[x] Give the lamia to Satori. No charge. She's done more than enough for you, after all.
[x] Learn a thing or two about healing, if possible.
- [x] Otherwise, go read Chemistry. In bed.
[x] If you're still awake when she gets back, ask Orin about that spell Satori mentioned.

I am of the opinion that even a few points' worth of Satori-influence is worth much, much more than 30s.

Also, what is this "compacts" thing? Everyone who's been using the word "compacts" really needs to read >>143055 again, because that's not how it works at all: fae favors explicitly don't have to be specified in advance. (I.e., pic not actually related.) Meira just had the sense to insist on it.

(And it works both ways, so giving Satori the lamia should help to expiate favors owed her.)

[x] Under no circumstances whatsoever should we ask Sakura for healing.
>> No. 150082
[X] An Elementary Introduction to Mathematical Finance.

Finance is another word for MONEY. Which we sort of need.
>> No. 150086
[x] Sell the Lamia to Satori.
-[x] Ask her if the library has any book about metal enchantment and read it. Otherwise, read Flora and Fauna, if possible.
>> No. 150087
[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
[x] Ask Satori about Healing.
[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
[x] Flag Orin down when she gets back, ask about that spell Satori mentioned.
>> No. 150088
>>150075
I'm not sure Tabby can read stuff in bed, seeing as the books are big enough relative to her that she can't move them without help.
>> No. 150089
>>141922
>>141552
>>143556

Oh it's true that we've finished our deal with Orin. I thought we had to make Sakura give up of her quest to make Okuu a god, but that's not the case. Orin was probably just curious, but Satori is clearly annoyed, by her and maybe a bit wary too. Stil, we don't actually have to do any compact, specially that means we are also forced to carry out our part of the deal and we already have Mima's letter to deliver.

Still, going out again isn't a good idea. Tabuki had to return earlier yesterday, and is still feeling the illness effects today.


[x] Sell the Lamia.
-[x] Ask Satori if the library has any book about metal enchantment and read it. Otherwise, read Flora and Fauna, if possible.
[x] Ask Satori about Healing.

Asking the Lamia for its opinion is stupid. Not only because it's barely rational, but it also doesn't matter in any way. Satori has already explained the creature has a sense of debt towards Deady, and so to Tabuki by proxy. She will join the army if told to.

It probably can't change classes either, and can't use weapons effectively. It wouldn't be a great combatent.

Besides, Satori > Lamia, regardless of how much we're being paid. This is also the beggining of a new, profitable business, when we have access to the surface.
>> No. 150091
>>150036
I love you. Not gay.
>> No. 150094
Might help to add the booklist to the spreadsheet, as it'll need to be added and subtracted from as books are read and new sources are found.
>> No. 150095
[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
[x] Ask Satori about Healing.
[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
[x] Flag Orin down when she gets back, ask about that spell Satori mentioned.
>> No. 150097
>>150082
Reading comprehension, do you have it? We don't have the cash at the moment to read a book. Unless you've made a vote to ask for an exception in this case, or voted to sell the Lamia right then and there, Tabuki is not going to be able to read a book this day. So voting on what to read just shows that you're an idiot. Also...

[x] Asks the Lamia what it'd prefer, and act from there.
[x] Ask Satori about Healing.
[x] Ask Satori about Compacts.
[x] Flag Orin down when she gets back, ask about that spell Satori mentioned.
>> No. 150099
>>150095
>>150097

Why the sage? Votes aren't important enough to bump a thread?
>> No. 150100
>>150095
>>150097
Why do you put sage in every field?
>> No. 150101
>>150100
>>150097 here. I put them everywhere as I saw >>150095 's post, and wanted to be extra paranoid secure. Also, I can. That it makes you scratch your head in bemusement is just an amusing bonus.
>> No. 150102
Track down Sakura

we don't have to tell her anything other then that we need healing and we could use the time to find out what she want's first hand.

satori might even find the information we get useful.
>> No. 150103
File 13221009071.jpg - (397.50KB , 850x1200 , 1317576035930.jpg ) [iqdb]
150103
"I would prefer to speak with it first." Tabuki says after a long moment.

"Pointless. It will willingly join your forces. If you insist, however, and I'll thank you to keep an eye open should you reach the surface. This one's species is rather rare in Gensokyo, but there is no harm in a watchful eye."

"I believe you have a book that would much assist in this sort of venture." Tabuki muses.

"And I believe the previous arrangement in that regard will stand. And that you currently do not have the ready funds to cover the expense. A shame." Satori says dryly.

"I'll have money tomorrow."

"Then by all means. Read the book. Tomorrow." Satori continues, not budging an inch on her position. "In any case, I would like to move to another matter. I note that the thought of that Miko still floats freely about your mind."

Tabuki chuckles a little awkwardly, as the though had come up as she considered what to talk about, if only briefly, and then to be replaced with the background thought of locating her. But then, she should probably have been more careful about what she was thinking, in the presence of a mind-reader. Somehow. Maybe visualizing a loud orchestra, off-key, or...?

"It won't work." Satori says. "Only give both of us a headache. But I will not become vexed over something you have simply thought. You believe that you can limit what danger she represents through a magically binding compact."

"Yes." Tabuki admits. "I think-"

"What you have forgotten is what I have already stated: that is not the thrust of my concern." Satori interrupts, waving a hand. "Certainly, I do not trust the Miko. However, at this time I have been given no valid reason to believe that she means any harm against Okuu whatsoever. I simply do not believe it to be a wise course of action, for Okuu to ascend to divinity, and all that it entails. I am well aware that Orin's opinion of the matter differs from my own."

"Ah..." Tabuki mumbles.

"I also do not doubt that at some point, Orin will clandestinely interfere with matters to arrange that it comes to pass." Satori continues, a tone of resignation now present. "She has always been willful, and swift to believe that she knows best. Very feline traits, which she will not be rid of soon. I am well aware that the matter cannot be delayed indefinitely. I merely wish to do so for as long as is reasonably possible, despite that it seems the time-table has already been pushed forward, and minimize any fallout when it does occur."

"I see." Tabuki says.

"On the other hand, neither am I forbidding that you seek her out." Satori says, sipping her tea. "As I have mentioned previously, my own skills in healing are, to a point, functional. Stitching wounds closed, stopping bloodflow, drawing out poisons, with purgative tonics if necessary. Simple things of that nature. More supernatural means of mending wounds and curing ailments are, I fear, not something I am much practiced with. I greatly suspect that she would not be averse to plying her skills in exchange for coin, and should you desire to rapidly train your fae hordes in healing arts, she would indeed be the most readily available option. Though she may not initially be willing to share her abilities around so readily."

"... I don't understand." Tabuki admits. "On the one hand, you don't seem to wish any contact be made with her. On the other, you are almost urging that I do so."

"It is not a simple matter. The miko represents a complication to my life and private affairs that I would prefer not to have to deal with." Satori states bluntly. "I prefer the less politically charged situation of the local Hells, of late, and there are a number of matters that she threatens to throw into tumult simply by being here. In the same breath, however, entering negotiations with her is simply one more logical option, from your standpoint, with multiple potential benefits. I can affirm that, in your place, I would have long since sought the woman out, even if simply to become more personally aware of what usefulness, or danger, she might represent. In that respect, I cannot fault you if you choose to do so, and can only applaud your own restraint in delaying the matter so long."

"Other things came up." Tabuki says dryly.

"I am well aware. Even so. As towards healing, I am afraid that miss Hoshiguma may have exaggerated my skills somewhat, but I believe that her own practice of first aid can generally be summarized as 'apply liquor, repeat medication as necessary until symptoms subside'. It is, in fact, somewhat rare that whatever malady affects an Oni requires further measures."

She pauses to point a finger at Tabuki.

"A remarkable sort of constitution that I am afraid you do not share. For injury, and for poison, there are some measures which may be taken. For illness, however, there is little to be done save for you to rest. I strongly advise you do so."

"Yes, I suppose that would be wise." Tabuki admits. "The Lamia?"

"If you insist." Satori said dryly, almost rolling her eyes.

It's not long before she has carted the smaller Youkai, zombie in tow, to a less frequented wing of the palace. Here, Tabuki supposes, is where the menagerie is stored. Satori opens a door identical, at least so far as she can tell, to any of the others. Inside seems to be something along the lines of a reptile exhibit, including several sorts of serpent, and multiple lizards. Some of their number flicker and burn without being consumed by the flame. The Lamia looks incredibly bored, in a glass tank of its very own.

"This one insists on having your opinion before determining your fate." Satori notes, her own opinion of this being a waste of time quite clear.

"You feel a debt is owed. This might be discharged by serving with my troops, or simply by remaining here, indefinitely." Tabuki says.

"Debt not owed to you." The lamia says, turning away. "That one, which did not allow the grim fate, iss the one to whom my life iss owed."

The zombie turns a questioning gaze to Tabuki. It doesn't take a genius to determine the implicit question.

"You can't eat her." Tabuki says, before turning back to the Lamia and ignoring the zombie's slightly disappointed look. "Even so, your debt will be repaid either way."

The lamia hisses softly.

"Battle, then." It says. "Sscaless are thick, and hard, and will only become more sso, and chance of games with living prey. Rissk of death, but ssuperior to life in a box."

"I am given to understand your kind will grow larger, to at least some degree. You would not be restricted to this enclosed habitat indefinitely." Satori points out. "Even so, it would seem the choice is made. Very well, then."

---

Lamia- Con. 0/5 xp. Base HP/damage = 30/1d4. 'Strangling Coils'. Does not respawn, heals 10hp/day.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 150104
>>150062

Fairy bios were awesome by the way. Just throwin' that out there.
>> No. 150105
[X]Seek the miko
>> No. 150106
[x]Ask Satori when she thinks Orin will be back, you'll probably have some time to kill until then.
[x]Interview the Lamia, name, ect. Fill her in on the nature of the war if she doesn't already know, and ask her about the surface. Anything on the fairies would be a nice bonus, but this is mostly to get some idea of how the general area is laid out... and if there's anything that, say, a few covert-ops zombie fairies operating under the cover of darkness could subdue and drag back to the underground in one piece. Try to get Satori's input on what she'd prefer, what she already has, ect.

Should probably get her a shield of some sort to help keep her alive. Armor will have to wait until she's grown some.
>> No. 150107
[x] Seek the miko.

While obeying Satori is tempting, I cannot resist the allure of a strange, interesting new character. Kahi is basically screaming at us to meet Sakura, guys. He wants to write her.
>>150101
I like reading your posts. keep posting thx
>> No. 150108
Lamia needs a name.
>> No. 150110
>>150107
I'd like to point out that it's midday, Tabby's still sick, Meira's not around to cart her around, and she has absolutely no clue where to start looking for her.

If you had a description and a few extra pairs of eyes flying around looking for her, then you'd have a chance. Right now though?

Perception/Luck = 1

Save it for tomorrow or the day after guys, this is something you'll need to plan around(Unless she happens to have chosen today to drop in and ask for another audience). It might also help if you let Satori know that you side with her on the whole divinity thing, and that you'll keep any conversations you have with Sakura far, faaaaaar away from the subject.
>> No. 150111
>>150110
But I don't side with Satori. I like Orin and would like to help her arrange a clandestine meeting because that sounds entertaining as hell. That we can probably get a Compact with Sakura to teach Tabby healing magic is just gravy.

However, your timing concerns are noted. I retract my vote.
>> No. 150112
>>150104
Thank you. I wonder how many references you guys can spot in the histories I put up? Also, I'll put up a new history file with the fairies I missed the first time around in about a day, at most.

>>150108
Her name is now Trakia.
>> No. 150115
[x] Rest.

We can finda the miko later.
>> No. 150116
Ok, I posted an updated history list directly into the words thread. I included the fairies I forgot to include the first time around
>> No. 150119
[x] Rest. At least until orin is back, so you can ask her help to understand Deady's memories/report.

Yeah, no more tiring activities. This illness will get int he way of everything Tabuki does, and will take longer to be cured if we keep moving her around.
>> No. 150122
[x] Rest.
She sure needs a rest to get back to full power fast.
>> No. 150124
File 132215475136.png - (104.46KB , 1586x757 , OOB7_Garrison_plan_1.png ) [iqdb]
150124
It may be a bit early for votes on military matters, but I’m doing it anyway!

Last turn we removed all troops from a territory. If one were to follow the rules strictly that would mean we would have lost that area to neutral fairies, and with it the two fairies we recruited there. Fortunately Kahi let that misstep slide but warned us that he wouldn’t be as benevolent next time. So, to keep this from happening again we need to be a bit more conscious of where our garrisons are placed. The spreadsheet contains our current deployment and my proposed restructuring of our garrisons.

[X] Change the garrisons (see picture)
>> No. 150125
>Lamia- Con. 0/5 xp. Base HP/damage = 30/1d4. 'Strangling Coils'. Does not respawn, heals 10hp/day.

Hmm, I don't think that was a good choice. Should have given it to Satori, her frustration was noticeable. And we would have been able to read another book today.

>>150124

All necrophobes on guard duty, good job. But, does the fairies on guard duty have any XP? I think it's better if those with no combat experience stay back, so the fighters can level up.

Anyway, gonna take another look at it, maybe tomorrow.
>> No. 150126
>>150125
Gonna have to disagree with you here once it levels up it could prove quite powerful.
>> No. 150127
>>150126

It depends whether that flavor text refers to leveling up (more hp, etc) or something else. The lamia's special power could also be useful, against single strong enemies
>> No. 150131
>>150125
I was all for giving it to her myself, but this is still workable. Satori's frustration is part of the reason I went for interviewing the Lamia and asking about possible surface critters to grab with Satori's input, being able to pick targets would probably cheer her up a bit.
>> No. 150136
>>150124
>>150125

The only issue that may pop up is that by only leveling up the fighters, the guards may be easily squished due to their low levels when the enemies start pouring in.
>> No. 150138
[x]Ask Satori when she thinks Orin will be back, you'll probably have some time to kill until then.
[x]Interview the Lamia, name, ect. Fill her in on the nature of the war if she doesn't already know, and ask her about the surface. Anything on the fairies would be a nice bonus, but this is mostly to get some idea of how the general area is laid out... and if there's anything that, say, a few covert-ops zombie fairies operating under the cover of darkness could subdue and drag back to the underground in one piece. Try to get Satori's input on what she'd prefer, what she already has, ect.

Asking the Lamia questons isn't that intensive and given Tabby's still shaky condition, it's best to stay in.
>> No. 150144
>>150136
That won’t be a problem as it’s not like +1 damage and +5HP will really matter if we are under a dedicated attack from another faction. And that is all we can reasonably get by rotating fairies inn and out of garrison duty. It takes 5 turns of ordinary combat to get that stat increase, and the next one is 10 more turns away, a huge amount of time. I don’t think that investment is really worth it considering that we slow down the leveling for all of our current active fairies.

We should use garrison duty as a dumping ground for weak units, like fairies with necrophobe, and perhaps mortal units, like the lost spirit, that will die when they get killed.
>> No. 150146
Once Tabby hits areas with wandering monsters that could overpower a lone untrained fairy, we'll have to start thinking of putting up beefier garrisons when we're not actively pushing those areas.
>> No. 150147
>>150144

agreed with every except the lost spirit Ain kicked ass last fight and was utterly hilarious as well.
>> No. 150148
>>150146
I do not think neutral forces can attack at all. From the rules in thread one:

5. An enemy attack will not be immediately carried out: they will politely wait for a response to the intrusion, allowing you the time to bring a force out to meet them. Should you not do so, then the victory is theirs by default. Neutral fairies are thoroughly unmotivated and will not make assaults on your territory of their own volition unless you withdraw all forces from the area.
>> No. 150149
Stuff like that super-powered wandering zombie fairy might be an exception to that rule, and there's going to be stuff far, far nastier as Tabby presses further into the Hells and deeper into the caves, and I doubt they got the memo that fairies don't have much nutritional value.
>> No. 150153
>>150149
Shouldn't we be trying to press into the tunnels by where the Kappa are working?
>> No. 150154
>>150153
Kristoph's fat spectral behind is in the way, otherwise we're fairly close.
>> No. 150172
>>150124

Oh hi, finally reviewing your suggestion again. You put Mimi and Willow on guard duty, but I just noticed they have 2xp, 3xp if the spreadsheet has not been updated with the last battle.

With that in mind, I suggest not putting them on guard duty, so they can level up sooner. Unless we change their classes, which should be before any rank up, I suggest having them fighting for now. We're clearing new paths, places without Undead units, so we could use them to fight in those palces.

Also, bump.
>> No. 150173
>>150172
I’m a bit weary of committing too much training into units that are hampered by the necrophobe debuff, even if they already have 2XP.

I could compromise on the matter of Willow as she only suffers from necrophobe 1 and thus is only hampered when facing enemy undead. Mimi should be removed from active duty though, unless we find an easy way to cure necrophobe 2. The fact that she can’t be used together with our zombies is a major handicap.
>> No. 150176
Interestingly, if you look at Necrophobe 2, it's almost a buff, If you have no undead on your team, it's a 50% chance to flee, making it equivalent to not participating in battle, 30% chance to fight undead (with +2 damage), and 20% to fight normally (with +2 damage, as long as undead are present). Of course, it's still bad, but it's not completely crippling.

I kind of want to see what Necrophobe 3 is. I'm guessing it's 50% chance of deserting the army and becoming a fairy crusader against the undead, though.
>> No. 150178
>>150176
I would consider a 50% chance of doing nothing and 30% chance of targeting our own undead(as well as the enemy) a crippling defect. Especially when we have access to fairies without this problem.

The +2 damage is nice in the beginning, effectively doubling the fairies damage, but it will lose it’s appeal once the fairy starts climbing ranks and gain gear. Ultimately I primarily dislike the randomness of it and the fact that it limits the versatility of the fairy in question. It can no longer be used with our own zombies and it as a significant risk of doing nothing against enemy undead.
Too many drawbacks for too little gain in my opinion.
>> No. 150208
File 132251829621.jpg - (431.36KB , 620x877 , 83c771ca2f3b05d243669d02aa483e43e4ae78d9.jpg ) [iqdb]
150208
"In any case, I should lie down again." Tabuki admits. "Do you know when Orin will return?"

"Likely around dinner. There is no guarantee, however. But off with you, sleep." Satori instructs, waving a hand.

Tabuki gratefully leaves. And while the intent is there, to rise again later in the day, she simply isn't able to break free of slumbers grip again so soon. Night passes, and she wakes in the morning, Emerald latched onto her like some kind of grasping, slumbering octopus. Extracting herself from that grip proves troublesome, and in the end unconventional tactics are required.

Actually leaving the bed is delayed somewhat longer than that.

Reports are already coming in, however, as Tabuki enters the War Room, and of all people Meira seems somewhat concerned.

"... It is likely not my place to advise on strategic matters, but it would seem that the longer that spirit is given to entrench himself and summon allies, the more difficult it will be to root him out." The swordswoman notes, frowning.

"My illness seems to have passed. What is the state of things?"

"Three more wisps of Frost have made an appearance in the area, according to reports." She replies. "Bringing the total up to six, in addition to the other denizens of the hells occupying that area."

"Wisps aren't particularly hardy beings." Tabuki notes aloud, but shakes her head. "Though you're right, they can bring an unfortunate amount of force to bear. They'll almost certainly have to go first, in any assault..."

"Indeed. And I hesitate to mention this.. but left alone, it seems that he will shortly become a problem too great to easily be dealt with, without bargaining for outside aid." Meira says.

It's fairly clear that the swordswoman wishes to strike immediately. Tabuki turns to review the other reports, though.

"... The squid are numerous, in this area. Enough so, it seems, to give Cirno's troops significant trouble... But we're bordering one of their new territories, now." She notes. "It appears that that one undead fairy didn't decide to move in the night, either..."

She'll have to give things a moment of thought.

---

Scouting Reports

TI-4
Cirno Troops
Winter Knight [Master] x1. HP: 60, Damage 15-16
-Equip: [Full Frost Plate] +50hp [110]
-Equip: [Glacial Shield] +15hp [125]
-Equip: [Frostbite Boots] +15hp [140]
-Equip: [Midwinter Helm] +10hp [150]
-Equip: [Frost Brand] +3 damage [18-19]
-Immunity: Cold.
-Defender: Half damage taken if intercepting blows meant for another unit.
Witch [Elite] x2. HP: 25, Damage 15-22
-Equip: [Icicle Staff] +5 damage [20-27]

TI-5
CSx12, avgCSx4, vetCSx2, MM, DM

TI-6
CSx7, avgCS, MMx2, DMx4

TVI-2
CSx2, Cave Spider, ZFx1, MMx3, DMx3

TII-3
CSx3, Crawling Ooze, MMx2, DMx3

Updated Reports.

[Kristoph] HP ??? Damage ???
Zombie Fairies (a) x2
Lingering Spirit (a)
Fire Wisp
Melee Mook
Danmaku Mook [Necrophobe] x2
Frost Wisp x6

Abridged War Chest [equip = Tabuki, not equipped, or 'other']
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Heavily Damaged Miko Cosplay x1
-Spiked Pot-Metal Gauntlets x3
-Pot-Metal Rod x2
103 silvers


Tabuki: HP 56/100, MP 3600.- heals 15hp, 1200mp daily. No longer ill.
Meira: HP 53/120- heals 7hp/day.

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Aid with Kristoph (War Actions against Kristoph delayed until conclusion)
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---[ ] If Emerald, stats increase: +5 base hp, base damage = 2d4+2, no reset of rank.
---[ ] Else: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Any Necrophobe Unit
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit Pierre's Clothes Shop.
- [ ] Commission an Outfit. (Prices begin at 100s, increase based on multiple factors, must be done in person)
[ ] Visit the Smithy.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 150209
Well, fuck. I wonder if we can wait one more day before we hit Kristoph. We can afford to ignore Cirno's forces for the moment. So, in order to take out Kristoph we need either Orin or Sakura. Hmm...

Let's take care of one of the side tunnels first, and run around making the deals needed. We'll focus on binding Kristoph to something tomorrow (we'll need to figure out what he would be best bound to), but first we need to find Sakura and we need to talk with Orin. Fuck, class in 30 minutes. I'll have a more indepth vote here ready sometime tonight.
>> No. 150210
-->(War Actions against Kristoph delayed until conclusion)

Clarifying after the fact, since I'm thinking I might have phrased this badly. If you bargain with Orin, then all war actions against Kristoph are put on temporary hold until that's done with, then they start up with help thrown into things. Or not, depending on how talkies ends up going.

But you don't have to talk with her in order to fight him, and if you don't, it just goes ahead as normal.
>> No. 150211
Hey Kahi, think you could give us an updated map, please? Specially Tunnels I?

Anyway, it is as I feared. THe moment the number of Frost Wisps increased to 3, I started worrying about this. Makes me think if that Unkown Mook was the one holding their numbers down. With Cirno advancing throught TI, things only become more worriesome...Kristoph, or money?
>> No. 150212
File 132252030424.png - (11.40KB , 338x439 , TunnelsIMap.png ) [iqdb]
150212
Right, tunnels. This is the only one where things changed other than just as would be expected, though.
>> No. 150213
>>150212

Thanks!

Hmm, never thought Cirno would expand inside the danger zone. That's bad, the profit we can have by hunting down that giant squid is in danger.

Ok, brainstorming something up now. How many fairies we have at the moment? All the named ones on the spreadsheet, plus 4 MM/DM from the recent conquest?
>> No. 150214
The new mooks got names, since someone pointed out there was still a list at the end of another thread that nobody'd complained about. So you have what's in the spreadsheet.
>> No. 150215
File 132252152793.png - (66.40KB , 1432x445 , OOB7_Mobile_Units.png ) [iqdb]
150215
>>150213
Our mobile units. That is units that are not on guard duty or are committed as workers in the bar and at the palace. The list should be accurate but I do not really have the time to triple check. We are running out of time on the matter of Kristoph. It began with one ice spirit, then two more came and then three more came. If this continues four more will be summoned next turn. They deal insane amounts of damage, if more come we will have trouble taking them all down.

The list is based on this proposal. >>150124
>> No. 150216
>>150215

Please, have my babies~

Hmm, it seems we have more DMs free than I can count on the spreadsheet.

Last quesiton for now, Kahi: FFs deal more damage to Frost innate enemies, right? So, 5+2.5 = 7 or 8?
>> No. 150217
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [x] Have Blackheart, Elizabeth and Yumi go to Orin to become Fire Flingers.
-- [x] Ask Orin about the spell Satori mentioned, and inquire about her opinions about Kristoph.
[x] Equip gauntlets on Brawlers, rods on Yumiko and Chiko.
[x] Buy 3 pot-metal rods for the new FFs.

[x] War Actions:
-[x] Swap Mimi Gentlehands and Willow Barksin with Fellupa Beerdrinker and Agateia Girasole on guard duty.
-[x] Every FFs and free DMs invade Kristoph's area. Eliminate the Frost Wisps and retreat immediatly. The Fire Wisp and Lingering SPirit are secondary targets, though removing them is also recommended. If too hurt, retreat too. Strategy Roll goes here, unless Tabuki is present
--[x] If possible, since Kristoph seems to be Leader Ranked, Tabuki should also go to assist the troops. Gravity bomb the fuckers, so no one is bitten by the nasty zombies. Or course, BARRIER protects Tabuki, if she goes there, though dodging is prefered than letting BARRIER take full hits for nothing.
-[x] Invade Tunnels I-5 with Meira, Emerald, Henna, all Brawlers, Akira, Dominique, Chris. Kill the Squids in this order: CS, avgCS, vetCS.
-[x] Invade TUnnels I-6 with Lamia, Dead2, Newdead, George, Ain, Bellflower, Finni, Russet, Vanice, Wanda, Widget. Hit the avgCS first, then focus on other Squids. Zombies must not attack the MMs. Strategy Roll goes here, if Tabuki fights alongside Squad 1

Risky plan here. We need to get rid of those Wisps ASAP, but we can't let Cirno take control over Tunnels I and ruin our profits. Should have taken control of the tunnels before, but c'mon, who here ever thought Cirno would expand into the DANGER ZONE? I certainly did not.

The Wisps should go down in two or three turns, if we get the initiative and Kristoph doesn't kick our ass and wipes the floor with our fairies. Next turn, there should be only 4 Wisps, instead of 10, or only 1 if the amount of summoned Wisps depends on how many Wisps are already there. Can't give up hope now, right?

And yes, I know leaving the leveled Squids for later may be dangerous, but since these things can swallow our units and remove them from battle temporarily, reducing their numbers should be more benefical than in strenght. TI-4 is more worriesome than TI-5

By the way, 103-45= 58 silver remaining with this plan. Suggestions?
>> No. 150218
Kristoph's stats are listed as ????, so Tabby can participate directly.

I... seem to recall that any source of damage that is even remotely related to magic will breach Ethereal's damage reduction(the example I recall was a rock levitated and thrown with magic). Would Tabby's Bluntness spell count as magical enough to allow Meira and the others with weapons to deal full damage?

As for the Frost Wisps, Tabby can potentially wipe them all out in one go if she manages to get enough missiles out of Multi Flame Strike; the wisps are flimsy enough that even a minimum damage missile will take them down, and non-leaders can't dodge.
>> No. 150219
>>150217
Don't forget, we CAN seal Kristoph into something, and it's been MAJORLY HINTED that this may be the best/easiest way of dealing with him. Which is why I'm annoyed as hell that we can't wait one more day to do so, as Tabby would have enough MP at that time to deal with a roll up to 50 (out of a d100 roll) for the Wild Magic cost roll needed to seal Kristoph away.
>> No. 150220
>>150219
It wouldn't be Wild Magic, and he's strong enough that he'd need to be beaten into submission first.
>> No. 150221
>>150218

Ah, true, I forgot about Tabby's multi fire magic. That's probably why the Wisps keep increasing in numbers, because Tabby can participate in the battle.

Gonna think this over again. Tomorrow though.
>>150219

Tabuki knows how to bind spirits, though she is still just a begginner, so stronger spirits require more than just a MAG roll.

Besides, the invasion is just for getting rid of the Wisps, for now.
>> No. 150223
File 132255428194.png - (80.98KB , 1432x565 , OOB7_Proposed_Plan_of_attack1.png ) [iqdb]
150223
>>150217

Notes:
- Crystal and Deady are not used for anything.

- Blackheart has XP and should be replaced with a fairy without.

- “Swap Mimi and Willow into guard duty” Can we use this one? >>150124 If we don’t, this one >>150215 will be inaccurate.

- I did not check if the forces committed are enough to beat the opposition.
>> No. 150225
>>150220
What the fuck, we could have been binding shit to our stuff all along this whole fucking time? WTF!?
>> No. 150227
>>150225

We didn't have anything to bind spirits into.
>>150223

I'm gonna change >>150217. When I have the time today I'm gonna propose a different battle plan, but similar.
>> No. 150233
>>150227
Rocks. We could bind spirits into rocks. Lots of rocks underground.
>> No. 150235
Binding attempts may take up a time slot, and there's been better and/or more important things to get done.
>> No. 150236
>may
How about we find out for sure?
>> No. 150237
>>150233

Excuse me, but where have you ever seen "Rock" on Tabuki's war chest/Iventory? Poor Tabuki is so poor and devoid of actual property that she doesn't have even rocks.

By the way, the Lamia should have been given to Satori. For free, even. The only thing Tabuki actually owns is the Wand of Light, though the Wedding Dress and the nazi uniform might qualify to be hers too. Everything else belongs to the Underground Fairy Army Inc.
>> No. 150238
>>150216

Pretty sure I've been rounding down for everything. So a roll of five, plus the 50% elemental fire->ice thing would get you 7 damage.

>>150218

Bluntness, uh. Hm. Going to say 'no'. That's more of a magical 'effect'. Whereas even magic rock throwing is still a magical 'attack'.

Effects that add damage, like... I dunno, 'extra point of fire damage' or something along that line, would still add that damage in full. However much it's supposed to be, depending on if you're hitting a fire thing with a fire sword or whatnot. But the damage from the melee attack itself would still be halved. The bonus goes through less as an improvement on the attack, and more as 'your lungs are now occupying the same point of space as magic fire'.

That seems a lot more complicated than I intended it to be, somehow.

>>150235
>>150236

Technically, it doesn't. It might be that it should, though. At the moment, though, the restriction is just once a day, and you have to have territories in an area related to that element. Earth would be 'anywhere underground', while fire would be 'hells'. Also, with hell, you can catch and bind some weaker evil spirits and stuff them in things, see how that works out. Or stronger ones, though they won't be happy about the attempt.

On that note, anything is available for binding, from that stolen spear to Tabby's own clothes. Just because it's currently equipped, that doesn't mean it's invalid.
>> No. 150239
... I keep coming up with random stuff we could use as practice material for binding tests, but I can't imagine any practical use for them, or the ideas I have require spirits that aren't available in our territories.

Unless... I wonder... if we bound a spirit to something like a bottle (maybe a leftover one from the Oni Bar?) and then threw it against something so it broke, do you think there would be any worthwhile effect?

It's probably a silly idea, but it would be a way to try it out without risking losing anything of value.
>> No. 150240
In that case, it couldn't hurt to start shoving earth spirits into some of the weapons that Tabby's been getting, once Kristoph's been dealt with one way or another. It's possible to bind Kristoph once he's been weakened, but it may not be wise to do so. Something to ask Orin about, I suppose.
>> No. 150241
>>150238
>>On that note, anything is available for binding, from that stolen spear to Tabby's own clothes. Just because it's currently equipped, that doesn't mean it's invalid.

I wonder what sort of effect that will have though. If we bound it to her clothes, would it give Tabby a palpable Aura of Terror when wearing her suit? Would it make the clothes stronger or more resistant to certain magics? Would it whisper things into her mind, either to help or hurt Tabby? Would it try to harm the wearer? That sort of info is important to figure out if we should bind Kristoph to a weapon, an armor, or to something else.
>> No. 150243
Kristoph works different from normal binding-things, as do all of the other sort of 'SUDDENLY HERE I AM' more powerful ghost things in the hells.

He gives something specific, if bound, no matter what he's bound to. In contrast, a 'weak fire element', as an example, can have any number of potential effects, which could vary in number and/or likelihood depending on what it's bound to.
>> No. 150248
>>150243
>He gives something specific, if bound, no matter what he's bound to.

That's...worriesome. What if his bonus is incompatible with the object he is binded into? Like, as a mere example, + 2 damage to ranged attacks, while he is binded into Emerald's gauntlets? We would have to level up in order to unbind him and then bind hima gain, wouldn't we?

Also, is it possible to guess what his bonus is by observing his actions/effects? If so, I'm starting to think it would be wiser to bind him into something else. My guess: summon spirits. Because of the Frost Wisps. Or maybe a passive trait, like an aura or something. Would be better to bind him into Tabby's stuff, like the Wand, instead of Emerald's weapon.
>> No. 150249
>>150217 Here. Changed the battle plans, somewhat. It's still the same thing, three territories, wisp hunting, etc. Just tweaked the groups a bit.

[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [x] Have Blackheart, Elizabeth and Yumi go to Orin to become Fire Flingers.
-- [x] Ask Orin about the spell Satori mentioned, and inquire about her opinions about Kristoph.
[x] Equip gauntlets on Brawlers, rods on Yumiko and Chiko.
[x] Buy 3 pot-metal rods for the new FFs.

[x] War Actions
-[x] BARRIER, Deady, the three new FFs, every free DM invade Kristoph's area. Eliminate the Frost Wisps and retreat immediatly. The Fire Wisp and Lingering SPirit are secondary targets, though removing them is also recommended. If too hurt, retreat too.
--[x] After dealing with Orin, Tabuki should also go to assist the troops. Burn some spiritual asses and gravity bomb the fuckers, so no one is bitten by the nasty zombies. ALso, is it possible to bind a Fire Wisp into a rod while BARRIER protects?
-[x] Invade Tunnels I-5 with Meira, Emerald, all Brawlers, Akira, Dominique, Chris, Ellete. Kill as many squids in each turn as possible. So probably in this order: CS, avgCS, vetCS. Squids that swallow anyone are to be eliminated immediatly and their prey freed.
-[x] Invade Tunnels I-6 with Lamia, Dead2, Newdead, George, Henna, Crystal, Ain, Bellflower, Finni, Russet, Vanice, Wanda, Widget and Honey. Hit the avgCS first, then focus on other Squids, one by one, killing any that swallows someone first. Zombies must not attack the MMs. Strategy Roll goes here.

Still no suggestions as what to buy? If all goes well, we could have 200 silver next day. How about a matching pair of outfits for Tabby and Emerald?
>> No. 150250
>>150248
Given the way Kahi has worded it, it's likely going to be one of a few things. A stat/hp/mp bonus, damage resistance, status resistance/immunity, or like you pointed out, the ability to summon things or scare people. A pity we don't have a ring. It would go nicely with our efforts in "Building an army fit for Mordor."
>> No. 150251
Fiddling with the spreadsheet, noticed a discrepancy. It's probably my error, though, and it's been there for a while, so I'm not going to retroactively take away one a burny fairy and housemaid, just quietly stick the fairy I think was supposed to be there all along into the right position and pretend that's how it always was.

In other news, sheet now shows which fairies occupy a place in 'territories', as well as how many of them are there, for your plotting ease. More stuff for me to update every time you do something, hooray~
>> No. 150252
>>150249
I've been trying to make my own list based on yours. Even if we lose territories I-5 and I-6 to Cirno, we should STILL gather as much squid meat as quickly as possible here just due to the fact that it gets us money. Believe it or not, getting the Cave Squid Meat may help us more here than killing the wisps. Also, we need to keep the negotiator covered, so Dawn remains where she is. Kahi is updating the "Who is stationed where" list, so we should consulte that real quick too.

As for what we should buy, I think it should use up most of our funds (103s). If we get Pot-metal swords/rods/shields, we can purchase at least 12 more.
>> No. 150253
Eh, Tabby can shove him in a rock for the time being. If it's a general bonus it'll probably still work if the holder sticks it in a pocket or something, and if it's a weapon/armor thing Tabby can just store it somewhere until she's improved enough to swap him over.

If Orin thinks Tabby can take him on, go for it.
>> No. 150254
>>150249
Just to point this out, but you can't use Crystal there, as she's the only one holding territory where she is. There's no "Wanda" either, and if you mean "Vanda", you can't use both her AND Widget, otherwise you lose a territory as well.
>> No. 150255
>>150254
Just so long as at least one fairy is stationed in each territory, that doesn't matter whether that fairy is supposed to be living there or not. You're right about Crystal though.
>> No. 150258
>>150255
>>150254

Oh, my bad. I was using >>150223 and >>150215 as reference, and Crystal, Vanda and Widget are listed as free fairies.

Vanda and Widget does seem to be free indeed, with only Crystal guarding a territory, so please, ignore Crystal in >>150249 and pretend I never wrote in the plans.
>> No. 150260
>>150258
Heh, no big. I'm writing up a list of what normal fairies are available (I also noticed I missed giving Elizabeth, Rhapsody Starlight, and Iona Silk histories while I was doing that). Anyways, this is what I've got so far.

We will have to choose between five pairs of recent conscripts, and decide which fairies are going to be fighting and which are going to be stationed. Those five pairs are...

#1. Culex Crystalspire & Mallea Gimcrack
#2. Vanda Kiru & Jasper Ormolu
#3. Widget Goldberg & Agateia Girasole
#4. Anne & Iona Silk
#5. Jonathan Jones & Ella Canreadalot

Not counting Emerald or the Fairy Zombies, we have 64 fairies under our command. 8 of those fairies we got "For free", and so don't have to worry about stationing them or anything. 10 fairies are workers, and there are 28 territories that need at least one fairy to hold them. Therefore, out of 64 fairies we will only have 26 available fighters (not including Emerald, Meira, Lamia, random spirits, or the Zombie Fairies).

Those regular 26 fairies we can use for battles at this moment are...
01. One member of pair #1
02. One member of pair #2
03. One member of pair #3
04. One member of pair #4
05. One member of pair #5
06. Akira
07. Bellflower
08. Blackheart Bonebreaker
09. Chiko Stoneflint
10. Chris
11. Dominique
12. Ellette
13. Fabrizia
14. Finni Geewhiz
15. Frances Furypine
16. Henna Buckle
17. Honey Mints
18. Indigo Hamza
19. Janice
20. Levina
21. Marshmallow Buttons
22. Mimi Gentlehands
23. Quinn Hargrove
24. Russet Gloss
25. Willow Barkskin
26. Yumiko Creo

Now mind you, these are who are currently available without mixing things around. But yeah, this is the basic list we need to work from first.
>> No. 150261
>>150260 again. While you guys are working out the battle plans, I'm going to throw out an altered first part of >>150249 's vote.

[X] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [X] Orin.
-- [X] Have Blackheart, Culex and Mimi go to Orin to become Fire Flingers.
-- [X] Ask Orin about the spell Satori mentioned, and inquire about her opinions about how we should deal with Kristoph.
[X] Equip gauntlets on the Brawlers, rods on Yumiko and Chiko (for now).
[X] Bind a spirit/element to one of the pot-metal weapons, as you can do so, and have put off doing so for too long now. The less said about the >>148370 incident though, the better for all involved.
[X] Tell Meira and Emerald that you plan on binding Kristoph tomorrow, but that you plan on doing something about the wisps before that.
[X] Buy 1 Copper Spear (20 silvers), 2 Pot-Metal 2H Swords (24 silvers for both), 3 Pot-Metal Rods (24 silvers for all three), and 4 Pot-Metal Swords (32 silvers for all four). Our total should be 100 silvers. Have one of the barmaids do this for us.
[X] Continue having Dawn guard the Negotiator. Thank Dawn for her good work so far.

[X] Battle Plans to be filled in Later.
>> No. 150263
>>150258
>>150260

As I said before, even in >>150215.

>>150215 is based around a restructuring of garrisons given in >>150124. It is inaccurat if you follow the list given in words words words.
>> No. 150266
File 132264558949.png - (90.53KB , 1580x764 , OOB7_Garrison_plan_2.png ) [iqdb]
150266
>>150251
I see, so you shifted shizuka up there, leaving crystal alone, thereby making >>150215 inaccurate.

Take two then, I guess.

[x] Restructure our garrisons
>> No. 150268
File 132264905062.png - (66.97KB , 1462x459 , OOB7_Mobile_Units3.png ) [iqdb]
150268
Free troops based on >>150266.
>> No. 150273
[ ] Chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [x] Have Blackheart, Elizabeth and Yumi go to Orin to become Fire Flingers.
-- [x] Ask Orin about the spell Satori mentioned, and inquire about her opinions about Kristoph.
[x] Equip gauntlets on Brawlers, rods on Yumiko and Chiko.
[X] Buy 2 Pot-Metal 2H Swords (24 silvers for both), 3 Pot-Metal Rods (24 silvers for all three), and 3 Pot-Metal Piked Gauntlet (30 silvers for all three).

[x] War Actions
-[x] BARRIER, Deady, the three new FFs, every free DM invade Kristoph's area. Eliminate the Frost Wisps and retreat immediatly. The Fire Wisp and Lingering SPirit are secondary targets, though removing them is also recommended. If too hurt, retreat too.
--[x] After dealing with Orin, Tabuki should also go to assist the troops. Burn some spiritual asses and gravity bomb the fuckers, so no one is bitten by the nasty zombies. ALso, is it possible to bind a Fire Wisp into a rod while BARRIER protects?
-[x] Invade Tunnels I-5 with Meira, Emerald, all Brawlers, Akira, Dominique, Chris, Ellete. Kill as many squids in each turn as possible. So probably in this order: CS, avgCS, vetCS. Squids that swallow anyone are to be eliminated immediatly and their prey freed.
-[x] Invade Tunnels I-6 with Lamia, Dead2, Newdead, George, Henna, Ain, Bellflower, Finni, Russet, Vanice, Wanda, Widget and Honey. Hit the avgCS first, then focus on other Squids, one by one, killing any that swallows someone first. Zombies must not attack the MMs. Strategy Roll goes here.

I liked the shopping list, but buying the Spear wouldn't leave us any money to turn the three DMs into FFs (5 silver per fairy). I also changed the swords to Spiked Gauntlets, because they do more damage for almost the same cost.

Attack plans seems to be enough, except for Crystal, so I removed her.
>> No. 150274
Looks like the general plan's been settled on, I'll just hold back a bit longer to let the details get properly hashed out. Stuff to do right now, anyway.
>> No. 150278
don't ware your self out Kahi
>> No. 150280
>>150273
>>I liked the shopping list, but buying the Spear wouldn't leave us any money to turn the three DMs into FFs (5 silver per fairy). I also changed the swords to Spiked Gauntlets, because they do more damage for almost the same cost.

You're confusing the cost to shift fairies over to the Brawler Class. Orin never gave a Silver "price" for doing that with the Fire Flingers. Last time her price was a favor.
>> No. 150281
[X] Everything in >>150261 save the shopping list.
[X] Buy 2 Pot-Metal 2H Swords (24 silvers for both), 3 Pot-Metal Rods (24 silvers for all three), and 3 Pot-Metal Piked Gauntlet (30 silvers for all three). (If the cost for shifting the FF's over isn't going to cost us silver, 1 Copper Spear as well.)
[X] >>150273 's War Actions plan.
>> No. 150283
>>150280
>>150280
>You're confusing the cost to shift fairies over to the Brawler Class. Orin never gave a Silver "price" for doing that with the Fire Flingers. Last time her price was a favor.

Nope. The favor was for the two spells she taught Tabuki, the Fire Strike and the Bleak Aura. She charges 5 silver per fairy, while Yuugi charges 20 silver per group of 4 fairies.

Here, have a few quotes from thread 2
>>141542
>>141552
>- [ ] Orin.
>-- [ ] Change Fairy Class to 'Fire Flinger'(hp=10, Damage=3-5, ranged)
>---[ ] Just one. (write in which, 5 silver cost)
>---[ ] These two. (write in which, 10 silver cost)
>> No. 150284
"These two" implies a limit on how many she'll convert at one time.
>> No. 150285
[X] Everything in >>150261 save the shopping list.
-[X] Put an earth spirit into a set of gauntlets.
[X] Buy 2 Pot-Metal 2H Swords (24 silvers for both), 3 Pot-Metal Rods (24 silvers for all three), and 3 Pot-Metal Piked Gauntlet (30 silvers for all three). (If the cost for shifting the FF's over isn't going to cost us silver, 1 Copper Spear as well.)
[X] >>150273 's War Actions plan.

As far as I can tell, this seems okay. I specified what kind of spirit to bind and to what.

I'm assuming cave squids eat too much for us to consider ranching them for money?
>> No. 150286
Er, fuck, we have the new FF's garrisoned here. Not good, Not good at all. Need to switch those around.
>> No. 150287
File 132269398470.png - (461.76KB , 850x425 , lets make a deal.png ) [iqdb]
150287
Orin will already have left, by now. But that's fine, Tabuki decides, because she knows about where she will be, and she intends to head that way anyway.

"Meira, Emerald. I'm leaving you two to direct the assault on this territory. The squid are our most rapid source of available income, and I can't just stand back as Cirno's army butchers them and wastes the meat. At the same time, I'll be leading a group to confront Kristoph... at the moment, only to pare down his number of allies, and then retreat. I'll have to meet up with Orin first, though, and have a brief discussion. If things turn out well, I might be able to bind him today, though it may be delayed until tomorrow..."

Emerald looks initially dismayed at the order, but then nods resolutely.

"The rest..." Tabuki says, shifting her finger along the map. "Attack here. I don't doubt that there will be another meeting with Cirno in the near future, to discuss all of this encroachment, but past this next territory she controls an ore vein. The copper from there will significantly reduce the cost of equipment, if control of it can be taken..."

She thinks for a moment.

"... I don't know that the area holds any value for Cirno in and of itself in any case, but it is more than out of the way enough for her to have put some effort into training the troops related to the area. I don't suspect she'll give it up easily." Tabuki admits after a moment.

"Well... I'll see what can be done with this area." Emerald says, odd touch of wariness in her voice, gathering her troops and distributing equipment. "Good luck with your end of things."

Tabuki nods as other troops file out, then sends off another order for the smith before leaving.

Pot metal wasn't the best equipment available, but it was the cheapest, and for the moment anything was better than nothing. A pair of over-sized swords, three more rods, and another three of the gauntlets... it summed up to 78 silvers. A copper spear would also have been on the list, but after a long moment of thought Tabuki had decided to delay that purchase, just in case anything came up which she might need money available for. 25 silvers should be enough to keep in reserve for the moment.

... The hells are actually a little cooler when they arrive. Not terribly much, but noticeable enough to reduce a blistering, sweltering heat to merely 'very hot'. Kristoph and his ensemble occupy the entire path through the glowing sea of molten stone around them.

"You, you, and you... You'll have to fly me across the lava, to reach Orin." Tabuki says. "The rest, wait here."

"Fucking why." One of the selection asks obstinately.

"I have reasons. Does it matter?" Tabuki replies.

"'Course it does."

"I don't feel like taking the time to explain, though." Tabuki points out. "But I need you three along. You'll understand soon enough."

"Like I ain't heard that before... tch." She grumbles. "Doesn't seem to be much of a choice, though."

... Tabuki is having second thoughts about her selection, at this point, but through the groaning and complaints, Blackheart does as she's instructed alongside the rest. Orin cracks open an eye a few minutes later.

"Ya want something?" She yawns.

"There are several matters to discuss. Three, actually. First, Satori mentioned that you had a spell... regarding information retrieval. To learn what a servant undead has perceived. Zombies, I have found, are not particularly loquacious."

"Haah. Y'got that much right, kid." Orin says sleepily. "And I know something like that. Not in the habit of teaching, though. Classes ain't gonna come cheap."

"I'm aware." Tabuki answers regretfully. "Second... my troops could do with some additional firepower."

Blackheart seems to have caught the implication, and her interest has increased to the point that she is not longer muttering dire imprecations to herself.

"Yeah. I can still do that. But again, not doing anything for free." Orin says. "Besides, I only got two hands, here. Two at a go's it, kiddo."

Tabuki frowns.

"... Well, there is also the third matter to discuss." She continues. "That interfering spirit nearby. I believe that I can bind him out of the way, but I'd like to know your opinions of him first."

"Oh, that guy?" Orin perks up just a bit. "Huh, you do have a high opinion of yourself, kiddo. Binding, huh? Pretty close to necromancy, actually, though I've never pulled it off for myself."

Orin thinks for a moment, squinting through the distance to the waiting troops, to compare them with Kristoph and his assembly.

"Eh... yeah, I'm thinkin' you won't be having an easy time of it, kiddo." She says, after a moment. "One or two of 'em that might hold up, but most of your girls don't look like they know what they're doing."

"I see." Tabuki says, forced to admit that many of her selection weren't exactly experienced. "I suppose the battle would go better if focus were on immediately removing his elemental allies from the field of play, and then retreating."

"He'll just summon more, but yeah, probably." Orin says. "But y'know, this whole chilling down thing's been bugging me a little. How'd you like big sis ta give you a hand?"

"... I'd like details, first, before I agree to anything." Tabuki stipulates.

"Hey, no big matter. Big sis'll help ya out, bring in a few reinforcements, an' knock this shmuck over there back inta the renaissance. Not free, a course." She says.

"I wouldn't expect that, at this point." Tabuki admits. "What bargain are you suggesting."

"Weeell~" Orin says, smirking. "First off, you're wanting that spell. That ain't a biggie. Second, you're wanting a couple more fire-chuckers, and I can do that right here. Third, clearing out the rat's nest over that'a way. Now, big sis can do all of this, but I'll be wanting just a liiittle favor from you."

"Your price, already." Tabuki says, shortly.

"Heh. Take it easy, kiddo. It's not going to be a big mess of trouble for you. No, it's that binding thing." Orin says. "For your side of things, I wantcha to bind that guy when all's said an' done over there. And I'll be keeping him. Got a trinket or two he'll go good enough in..."

Orin takes a moment to rummage around for something, before pulling out a simple silver ring, set with what looks like some kind of sapphire. It's still on a dessicated and severed finger, but she tugs that quickly out and flips it away to land in the lava below.

"This'll work." Orin decides, flipping the ring through the air to land in her hand again. "I'd call that a fair swap, right?"

Tabuki takes a moment to consider the deal. Actual money never entered the equation, just binding a spirit into a ring in exchange for everything else. Switching two fairy classes, a new spell, and assistance for a single battle...

".... There is a small chance of failure in the binding." Tabuki points out.

"Hey, that's a risk I'm willing to take, kiddo." Orin says. "We'll burn that bridge in good time."

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 150288
>>150284

Maybe. At the time we were making 5 silver per turn, and 5 was rather costy. At that exact update, we had 8 silver.

But you know, taking another look at thread 2, there wasn't any more options to make Fire Flingers included in the option list. Yuugi's brawler trainning is listed normally, though.

Does that mean we can't train more FFs?
>> No. 150289
Arggggg as much as I want that spirit... this may be for the best
>> No. 150290
[x] "I'm not sure. I was actually hoping it would be like last time. Money for the fire conversion of the fairies, and maybe something regarding that miko in exchange for the spell again."
[x] "I'm rather expectant of using him after the binding. I'm not going to leave him alone forever. Tomorrow, if all goes well, will be his last day here, binding or no binding. Or the day after tomorrow, if shit happens."

Want necro spell, want hot fairies. Don't want help in exchange of the biggest prize.
>> No. 150291
Don't know what kind of bonus Kristoph would give, and there will be more opportunities for special binds as Tabby goes deeper into the Hells. Orin may also be willing to trade the ring for something down the line, once Tabby starts picking up nicer things.

[x]Take the deal. Keep an eye out as well, you don't know where that armored fairy got off to...
>> No. 150293
[X] Make the Deal.
[X] Ask for a few more "Fire Flingers" in the bargain (they can be converted in next few days though), as this "Isn't going to be 'easy' at all for me and mine."
[X] Tell her that you will be binding a lot more spirits/elements to things from here on out, and that you will trade bound items in return for more deals such as this, and that you could use more Fire Flingers and spells in return.
- [X] ...though using items you don't have to buy with your own money would mean their 'price' would lower.
[X] Tell her that you may want to "Buy" the ring you're going to bind Kristoph into back sometime in the future though.


Also, why didn't Tabby bind an item before leaving? There were three votes for it, and no real votes against it.
>> No. 150294
>>150293
If she had blown her binding for the day, she'd have nothing to use when bargaining with Orin.

I should also note that Orin's doing most of the heavy lifting in the fight, so trying to get more out of this already rather nice deal isn't going to go anywhere.

Remember, Charisma = 1~
>> No. 150295
>>150293

Because spirits don't just fly out of Tabby's ass.
>> No. 150296
>>150294
Uhm, you guys, and I do mean ALL of you, do realize that the battle plans were to "Reduce his minions". We WERE NOT supposed to be trying to bind him today. If you think we were, you did not read the fucking vote.
>> No. 150297
>>150295
You are a fucktard. Tabby's binding ability states that she "May bind weak spirits and elements." She could have bound a weak spirit. Tie that in with the fact that WE WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE BINDING KRISTOPH TODAY, WHICH YOU DIPSHIT MOTHERFUCKERS WOULD KNOW IF YOU READ THE FUCKING VOTES, and you guys come across as ignorant braying jackasses. Please, quit posting.
>> No. 150298
>>150297
You are aware that you just look like an idiot since the guy you replied to is right? Even if Tabby can bind weak spirits, she still has to find one.

Even if he was wrong, you'd still look like an idiot. Calm down.

[x] Jump all over that deal, with the stipulation that if you fail at the binding, you will provide Kristoph or an equivalent spirit at the nearest reasonable opportunity.
>> No. 150299
Because to start with I herped my derp and everyone that quoted a post to vote, I tallied as voting for >>150273 instead, or something. My bad. Something about 'stationed fairies, but that one's the same thing' was what was going through my head, but aside from that it's my error.

But even if the plan I was referring to, while writing, had included using up your 1/day binding, that wouldn't have happened until after talking to Orin. Since with nobody specifying 'we have to do this FIRST', or which kind of element or loose weak spirit to use, I would have gone basically in order down the list, as much as I could. The talking with palace people had to be done before they took off, though I'm not sure why I did that at all, since that's not what I was looking at, and orders for equipment have to be dropped off before the day's work, but aside from that I'd be starting off with Orin-chat and then going down one at a time. I'd have given you a selection when binding came, whether to use 'fire' or 'dead thing'.

In short, part my goof, part not wanting to jump from one random point in a list to another, part lack of specifications. You do, in fact, have to have Tabby physically present at the place you get a specific type of spirit from, since she can't summon them to herself, if that makes sense.

Not really a huge snafu though, just one more minor tidbit error.
>> No. 150301
>>150298
>>...since the guy you replied to is right?

No, he isn't right. >>150297 may be vague here, but he is right. Let me quote this part here for you.

"She may attempt to infuse an item with a spirit of some sort, or an elemental aspect. Different areas may have different options for binding, and with no available means to lure or foribly summon spirits or elements to herself, she must go to them in order to attempt a binding."

What this means is that Tabby could have bound either a "Weak Earth", "Weak Fire", or "Weak Spirit", as the areas she just moved through have ALL of those items listed for them in the territories part of the google word document you can find in the /words/ thread.
>> No. 150302
Guys, please! We have no idea how strong Kristoph is, but since he is the first noticeable neutral enemy, he probably is the weakest of the list, hence the Wisp summoning trait, to compensate his weakness.

Since we're going to bind him tomorrow, we will most definetly be taking everyone to the fight, to guarantee success, both of conquering the territory, and of binding Kristoph. Tabby will only need the MAGIC roll, while the troops weaken him for her. We don't need help from Orin. She is only there if we let the spirit do as he pleases for too long and then has an army of Wisps, which we're taking out today so tomorrow won't have any complications.
>> No. 150303
>>150302
Honestly, I don't think we'd be facing him at all if we hadn't read the book dealing with bindings.
>> No. 150305
>>150303

That's because we're pussies and are scared of anything with ??? as stats. Nothign else can explain why we haven't conquered Parsee's bridge when it's perfectly possible for Tabby to bribe her out of the fight.

But seriously, we have a shitton of soldier right now, and tomorrow some of them will be equipped with weapons. Even if he is a leader, he will fall. We jsut need Tabby to cget rid of the Wisps int he first turn with her Multiple Fire Strike, and then let everyone gang up on him. The binding itself is just a bonus. A really rare, once in a lifetime kind of bonus. There won't be another Kristoph to replace this one if we don't keep him, effectvely losing his bonus forever.
>> No. 150306
>>150305
No, more like it was a triggered response. "We read a book on how to deal with demons. Oh look, there are now demons for us to deal with" type of thing.
>> No. 150308
Is anybody else considering the ethical ramifications of assaulting and enslaving a neutral, innocent party(in terms of this fairy war) for the sole purpose of what amounts to magical forced labor?
>> No. 150310
>>150308
He's a damned spirit that is too "Out of it" and "Antagonistic" to leave alone. In this case, it's more like detaining a drunken hobo who keeps assaulting you as you're going to work, only sometimes he brings alone rabid dogs while he's at it.
>> No. 150311
>>150306

Ah, I get it now. That's probably right. Even more reason to label him as weak named adversary, probably an incentive to try the binding stuff on something stronger.

>>150308

He won't do shit, just lazy inside an object for the rest of his life and let Tabuki do more stuff.
>> No. 150313
Vote, in order.

[X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."
[X] "Make me a better offer and I'll consider trading him to you though."
>> No. 150314
>".... There is a small chance of failure in the binding." Tabuki points out.
>"Hey, that's a risk I'm willing to take, kiddo." Orin says. "We'll burn that bridge in good time."

Is she? Good. No, better: perfect. Tabuki's chances are pretty slim anyway.

[x] Jump all over that deal, with the stipulation that if you fail at the binding, you will provide Kristoph or an equivalent spirit at the nearest reasonable opportunity.
>> No. 150315
>>150314
>>150298
>you will provide Kristoph or an equivalent spirit at the nearest reasonable opportunity.

Why?
>>150314
>Tabuki's chances are pretty slim anyway.

We just need to weaken him and do a magic roll. This is gonna be much easier then you think.
>> No. 150316
>>150308

Since this is a fictional story, there should be no problem with me giving kristoph a bio.

'Kristoph is an incorrigible asshole who shits on babies, puppies and unicorns for laughs.'

There, now set your soul at ease Anon, and lets go kick this guy's ass.
>> No. 150317
[X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."
>> No. 150318
I should note that Orin's making the offer because she likes Tabby and is interested in the whole Binding process due to it's closeness with Necromancy and her own lack of success with it. She's doing it mostly to watch how it goes, though the result of a successful bind would also be a handy thing to study for when she makes another attempt at it herself. Trying to get more out of the deal would call for a Cha check, and to be honest the deal already looks pretty good as-is.

If Tabby takes her up on her offer, she'll get a nice bit of free stuff and won't have to dedicate her troops to taking just one area, allowing for faster overall expansion, as well as doing away with one of the major roadblocks on the way to the Kappa's labs and it's time-sensitive offer. Nitori's not going to wait forever, after all. Not to mention that it'll free up her day tomorrow to let her do other things, like checking out Lopez's shop or tracking down Sakura, or maybe even do a bit of reading.
>> No. 150319
>>150318

A bit of an oldschool example here, but would you trade a Ghostring Card for help with killing the Ghostring which will drop said Card? I'd rather keep the rare stuff for myself than have an easy way out of thing.

Yes, there is Nitori, but we're going to clear the passage tomorrow anyway. Besides, if we have Orin defeat him now, all the troops we brought together with Tabby would be meaningless (except for who becomes FFs). If she wants to see binding that badly, we can just bind a random spirit to show her how it happens.

Explain to Emerald why she went to fight many strong Squids without ranged support because we took it to fight Kristoph's minions, and then had Orin do all the work. It's easier to lose influence the higher you are.
>> No. 150320
>>150313
Heh, pretty nice~ >>150293 is almost as good too. Hmm, so which one shall I second here?

[x] >>150313
>> No. 150321
>>Explain to Emerald why she went to fight many strong Squids without ranged support because we took it to fight Kristoph's minions

We honestly should have sent a few more backup units with the troops who went to tunnel I-6. They are the ones I worry for here. A little too late for that though.
>> No. 150322
[X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."

I'm not sure if I want to offer him up just yet. Of course, if we want to trade him at a later point we may want to get something else to bind him into if we aren't going to bind him to our clothes here. Who wants to bet that with how our luck has been running that we'll not only fail in binding him, but destroy our clothes in the process?
>> No. 150323
Tabuki's chances are low at best. If she fails, does she get the reward anyway?
>> No. 150324
>>150322
>but destroy our clothes in the process?

We have that covered. The first day after her wedding she went to Satori's library to read a few books. Completely naked.

>>150323

HM, catastrophic failure results in breaking of the item and/or spirit disappearing. Since it requires a MAG-roll, I'd guess that any failure will be catastrophic, with a 10% chance of happening.

The low chances here are for failure.
>> No. 150325
Rin's also said she's willing to take the risk that it'll fail.


>>150319
Emerald would be fine with it, it's not like they knew Rin was going to make the offer ahead of time.


For me, it all boils down to whether Kristoph's unknown buff would be worth the opportunity costs in time and resources. To me, the real prize is getting him out of the way and taking the territory without having to spend another day's actions and expansion opportunities to do so, and dodging whatever (potentially steep) price Rin's set on the spell is a nice bonus(Not to mention the increase in Rin's influence if everything goes well).

I'm also getting the feeling that an appropriate focus is needed for the stronger spirits, and Rin's willing to provide one right now. As has been mentioned, Tabby might be able to make a trade for it once she digs up something of equivalent value.
>> No. 150326
File 132271699657.jpg - (143.50KB , 850x680 , sample-364fa7ab205949f0f53db662cf5f0677.jpg ) [iqdb]
150326
Looks like we've again hit autosage, peoples. Go ahead and keep voting for other things through the night, but from this point also vote for the bonus.

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

Rolling for secondary bonus, D4=.... 4, again. Hokay. Dragging out a random hint from the random hint sack...

---

War Advice: Sometimes, the same fairy class can potentially have multiple different focuses. In theory, 'Mook', for example, is all the same class, separated only by whether they focus on Melee or Ranged combat. Miko is another such class, divided up into 'Assault', 'Defense', and 'Support' types. It won't always be easy to determine which type an enemy Miko is, however: you can't always tell all of an enemy's details at a distant glance.
>> No. 150327
Thinking Sakura or Orin. Thoughts?
>> No. 150328
File 132271795891.jpg - (260.11KB , 850x1200 , sample-4637c2eb3e1c4db10763d504de4f9245.jpg ) [iqdb]
150328
And hey, there's some requests starting to trickle in from the troops~

Akira- Likes her sword well enough, but would prefer one with a bit more heft to it.
Rainy- Would like a set of daggers.
Winter- Thinks weapons are all well and good, but would really prefer a set of good, stompy boots, if possible.
Bernice- Wants armor. Any kind of armor.
Marshmallow- Would like a shield to keep between herself and chompy things, please.
Valkyrie- Wants a spear or an axe.
Virgo- Wants armor. All the armor.
Mimi- Would like one of those silky robes.
The Brawlers- Are fine as things are, but request a bottle of ale.

>> No. 150329
[x] Jump all over that deal, with the stipulation that if you fail at the binding, you will provide Kristoph or an equivalent spirit at the nearest reasonable opportunity.

Yeah, I’ll take this deal. It will make our overall expansion faster and will get rid of that annoying roadblock. We will lose the enchantment, but as far as I am concerned that is a reasonable tradeoff.
>> No. 150330
>>150328
>>Virgo- Wants armor. All the armor.
We must make sure it is made from Iron, of course. Until we hit a vein of Iron though, that will only cost us somewhere between 392 to 684 silvers.

>>Marshmallow- Would like a shield to keep between herself and chompy things, please.

If we buy her a shield, it really should be a Bronze Shield.

Anyways, my votes~

[X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."

And the Bonus Vote thingy~
#1 [X] What would have happened had Deady gotten hold of that chest key?

or

#2 [X] What would have happened had Tabuki got it in her head to try and turn one of her Zombie!Fairies into a 'Lich!Fairy' (with all that goes along with that)?
>> No. 150335
[ ] Advance Scouting Report - LVIII

It's in Tunnels IV. I want to know what resources are in these sub-tunnels before stomping over the master zombie.


>>150332
>[X] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.
>-[X] [X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
>[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."

So our conversationw ith Orin is a rumor now?
>> No. 150336
>>150335
Well, according to >>150332 anything involving Orin is a jew trick. Even the notion that it is a jew trick may be a jew trick. It is truly jewish, no doubt.
>> No. 150337
The Brawlers- Are fine as things are, but request a bottle of ale.
...
...
we can equip ale!?
>> No. 150338
>>150337

Hahaha, Yuugi's trainning really did something for them, huh? If they win their battle, we should give them a few coinsand let them go to Yuugi.

Oh, how about a new squad? Something like, "Little Devas" or "Oni Fairies". All the brawlers plus Emerald, like a General's elite troops.
>> No. 150339
>>150337

Drunken martial arts? Fuck yeah. I approve.
>> No. 150340
[x] Background info. Mima.
Mima is still a bit of a mystery to us, and if we're letting her teach us it would be good idea to know things she may want in exchange.

If things go really bad we could try and bind her to something... that will Either end really awesome or REALLY bad.
>> No. 150341
>>150335

Just realized I fucked up my vote. Fixed.

[X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."

Not going to fall for Orin's Jew tricks

[X] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.
-[X] What book combination will result in insight into a new class?
>> No. 150343
Flipped a coin on it.

[x]Background Info: Orin

I'd also like to point out that there's a flaw in the hit and run strategy some people are going for. It's the assumption that fleeing is an option. Tabuki's agile, but she can only run so fast, and any fairy trying to fly her along may as well plant a huge bullseye on their backs. It should also be noted that if Kristoph's side goes first, that's a potentially large chunk of Tabby's forces gone right there.
>> No. 150344
>>150343
>It should also be noted that if Kristoph's side goes first, that's a potentially large chunk of Tabby's forces gone right there.

Tabby is the one who will probably do all the killing for our side.
>> No. 150345
[X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."
[x] "I was actually hoping it would be like last time. Money for the fire conversion of the fairies, and maybe something regarding that miko in exchange for the spell again."
>> No. 150346
[x] Jump all over that deal.

[x] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.
-[x] How to increase stats.
>> No. 150347
[x] That deal, jump all over it.
[x] Background information: Negotiator
>> No. 150348
[X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."

[X] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.
-[X] The best ways to increase abilities (I.E. stats).
>> No. 150349
>>I was actually hoping it would be like last time. Money for the fire conversion of the fairies

We never made a deal like that last time. At least not with Orin. Last time we dealt with Orin it was a favor for a favor.
>> No. 150350
[X] "I may not be binding him today. First thing we need to do is get rid of his minions more than anything else. Worst case is we'll have to deal with him tomorrow rather than today."
[X] "I'll bind spirits and elements for you in trade for favors, provided of course you give me items to bind them into, but I personally want that bastard for myself."
>> No. 150352
[X] Advance Scouting Report - LVIII
>> No. 150356
File 132278562586.jpg - (48.49KB , 226x506 , bfe2b2a423b64384afcecafc19ef71718bde9867.jpg ) [iqdb]
150356
Y'all seem to have forgotten that random hints are random. And utility is not guaranteed. Let's see what you draw, though...

---

Money Hint: There is a jeweler somewhere in the underground city, but there is a large surplus of precious stones. To properly profit off of the effort of mining them, raw jewels should be sold elsewhere. However, it will be somewhat cheaper to have jewelry and such crafted here.
>> No. 150357
>>150356

Ooh, useful, useful. Money hints are always welcome.
>> No. 150358
>>150356

BUT THAT WAS NOT WHAT I WANTED ;_;
>> No. 150359
File 132278848253.png - (42.78KB , 250x225 , nelson-laugh.png ) [iqdb]
150359
>>150358
Ha Ha!
>> No. 150362
New Thread: >>150361