[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132095176474.jpg - (20.57KB , 240x564 , Gilgamesh-47.jpg ) [iqdb]
149214 No. 149214
You are Gilgamesh, King of Heroes,

And today was certainly one of your weirder days. If only that mechanic you had back in the day was able to fix your ship, Vimana. Too bad that people tend not to live for over 4,000 years, so you're stuck in fixing it yourself. In fact, you normally would not be doing this even; however, the list of activities you can do while holed up in that church have been dwindling as of late. Then again, it wasn't as if there was much to do there anyway besides feeding off the souls off of orphans or indulging in that priest's wine. He should feel gratified that you do that. After all, the king only drinks the finest of liquor.

So yes, you were fixing Vimana due to your boredom; however, a slight problem occurred. So most people may state that spatial displacements may be more than just a slight problem, but you are the fifth king of Uruk, Gilgamesh, the original hero who has been kicking asses and taking names before most mongrels were even born. Perhaps you should have also placed the instruction manual in your treasury?

Still, it does not change the fact that you are now on what appears to be a grass-field which you are unfamiliar of besides the fact that it, of course, owned by you.

So, what do you do?

[] Enter that forest which reeks of magic.

[] You can sense a spirit world. Why not enter it?

[] These suggestions obviously came from a mongrel. I shall...

>> No. 149216
File 13209534509.jpg - (163.07KB , 600x480 , set sail for adventure.jpg ) [iqdb]
149216
(X) Turn into the real gilgamesh
>> No. 149217
[x] Turn into a real GIRUGAMESH
>> No. 149218
>So, what do you do?

Proofread.
>> No. 149219
[x] You can sense a spirit world. Why not enter it?
-[x]Enuma Elish everything around you.
>> No. 149220
[x] Become Girlgamesh, due to weird nexuses, swirls, and eddies of mystical power.
-[x] Do not immediately notice.
-[x] Continue as normal until someone specifically points out or makes mention of your gender.
>> No. 149221
You are 2~3 years late. You also are not Kahi, but almost tricked me there.

Anyway, this probably won't last long. Amuse me as much as you can.

[x] Turn into a real GIRUGAMESH
[] Enter that forest which reeks of magic.
>> No. 149226
>>149221
Awww, you just say that to all the Anon dont you?
>> No. 149227
[x] These suggestions obviously came from a mongrel. I shall...
- [x] realize my momentary distraction. How could I, the Golden King, have forgotten that I possess the Original Instruction Manual To Everything (tm) in my vaults.

And then

[x] Visit the nearby Spirit World. Might be fun, might be able to find Enkidu somewhere in there. Probably will have to beat the resident God of Death into complying with my wishes. That's always fun.
>> No. 149234
File 132096164439.jpg - (168.14KB , 850x1133 , Gil-ko with feathers.jpg ) [iqdb]
149234
Closing the votes now.

Unfortunately, Girlgamesh didn't receive enough votes to get accepted; however, I do have a delicious consolation prize in the form of a picture.
>> No. 149256
>>149227
Hell, I approve of this, even if the votes are closed.
Gil is arrogant enough to think like this, certainly.
>> No. 149258
File 132097105925.png - (511.75KB , 800x1000 , touhou_konpaku_youmu_by_violeetee-d3bg6hr.png ) [iqdb]
149258
You don't know why, but the name 'Girugamesh' pops up on your mind. Since nothing of importance comes to mind when thinking of that name, you ignore it and continue onwards until realize something you, the Golden King, overlooked.

The Original Instruction Manual To Everything ™.

Oh well, it's not like it would have done much good with how big that book is and how little patience you had at the time. In fact, it is rather interesting that someone can cram so many pages into a book. Everthing is a rather large number after all.

But back to where you were going. Using your kingly intuition, you decided that the spirit world you detected can use a little of your presence. In fact, you might be even able to talk with Enkidu, oh wait. He most likely is also a part of the Throne of Heroes, forever removed from the cycle of life and death. Still, it doesn't hurt to try.

So you just kept walking along, casual attire and all, until you reached a gate. Apparently, some mongrel has the nerve to place a barrier between you and the place you want to be! You could scale over the barrier or bypass it entirely, but you rather assert your authority as King. If you don't want a barrier to exist, then that barrier will yield to your will.

And it did. After a flashy display of your treasury assaulting the source of your ire, the way was made available. Sure, it got the attention of everyone even remotely close to the spectacle; but then again, shouldn't a king announce his entrance?

As you climbed up the stairs which followed the gate, a half-ghost girl with gray hair, green dress, and two swords appeared, blocking your way.

“Are you the one who broke through the barrier of life and death? Your actions have stirred quite a commotion amongst the ghosts.”

All this was said by the girl.

“They should feel grateful that I choose to ignore them rather than feed on them instead,” you state, putting extra emphasis on the 'I.'

As you said that, the world suddenly became a bit colder, probably due to the fear of the ghosts; though, it isn't as if you care.

“Then I, Youmu Konpaku, can't allow you to go further and possibly bring harm to my mistress,” says the swordswoman.

So what will you do?

[] Humor her

[] Inquire about her mistress

[] State that you are searching for a friend

[] Decimate the mongrel

[] These suggestions obviously came from a mongrel. I shall...
>> No. 149261
[x] Humor her
>> No. 149262
[x] Humor her

"Oh, woe to me! A little girl is going to try and stop me! Whatever shall I do?"
>> No. 149263
[X] Humor her

Aww...
Isn't that cute, she think she can stop me, the King.
>> No. 149269
[X] Humor her

Haha, no. Lets no humiliate her TOO badly though.
>> No. 149273
I'm calling the vote here guys.
>> No. 149283
Try not to kill us Obscurus. Gilgamesh should be swimming in prana due to the extra-magical nature of Gensokyo. He'll be a bit more hardy than a normal human.
>> No. 149285
File 132098856744.jpg - (12.80KB , 600x450 , Durandal.jpg ) [iqdb]
149285
Even after having to break through that barrier, a nuisance that you should not have had to go through, you still feel generous enough to spare the mongrel. So, why not use her as entertainment?

“Very well then child, I guess it would only be polite of me to accept your request,” you state in a sneering manner.

An irritated expression is shown on the girl's face. Good, she is already starting to do her job. She almost makes a remark about what you called her, but she instead calms down and says something else.

“The things that cannot be cut by my Roukan-Blade, forged by youkai,” she states while she takes a battle stance, “are next to none.”

So the mongrel thinks she's special just because she has a sharp blade? Two can play at that game.

Unlocking the gate, you reach out for a miraculous blade that never loses its sharpness, Durandal.

“And you think you can beat me with an imitation?”

And so the battle starts.

So it appears that the half-ghost has better skills with a blade than you, no surprise there. Then again, such criteria are insignificant to you. After all, you were able to defeat the King of Knights, a swordswoman of superior blade work compared to your current opponent. All you have to do is to use both your superior blade and strength as a leverage to drive her in a corner and win the match.

SLASH

It happened faster than you even had time to react. The arm with the blade you were holding was sliced cleanly out of your body.

As the sword returns back to the vault, a red miasma forms behind you. You would normally say the three needed words in a calmer manner; however, the loss of a limb tends to infuriate your being.

“GATE OF BABLYON!”

An endless torrent of peerless weapons descended upon the person who dared bring harm to the king. At first, she was able to block the blades heading her way, but the ever increasing speed of the metallic storm quickly made that an impossible task. It was during that time that you put Durandal on your remaining hand and used one of its three miracles in order to restore your missing arm back to working, attached order.

As soon as the girl's wounds prevented her from even moving, not exactly caring about her well-being, you departed from the scene and continued climbing up the steps until you reached the top. Upon getting there, you spot to interesting objects.

Where will you go to?

[] The Asian-looking mansion

[] The giant tree
>> No. 149286
>>149283
Gilgamesh was always a a bit more hardy than most humans being the strongest of all Servants; however, the amount of magical energy in the land makes it so that it's much easier to spam his Noble Phantasms.
>> No. 149289
[x] The mansion.

But first!

[x] As weak as the child ultimately proved to be, she still managed to impair myself by cutting off my right arm. I should wear my armour, that no mongrel can take my life in such a disgraceful fashion.

The Golden King has to pimp his way across Gensokyo. And how can he do so, I ask, without his Original Golden Armour?
>> No. 149293
[x] The Asian-looking mansion

I don't think this would end well once Yuyuko finds out that he maimed Youmu. No amount of type moon wankery could save him from her instant kill ability... that and the insane amount of projectiles she could provide.
>> No. 149305
[x] The Asian-looking mansion
-[x] As weak as the child ultimately proved to be, she still managed to impair myself by cutting off my right arm. I should wear my armour, that no mongrel can take my life in such a disgraceful fashion.

Well, Gilgamesh is the King of Carelessness for a reason. Even so, I'm gonna have to agree with >>149289. We need our pimp armour. Not that it would save us from death-hax, but at least we look cool. We also went easy on the girl. Nothing but women and children around here anyway.
>> No. 149312
[x] The Asian-looking mansion
-[x] As weak as the child ultimately proved to be, she still managed to impair myself by cutting off my right arm. I should wear my armour, that no mongrel can take my life in such a disgraceful fashion.
>> No. 149313
[X] The Asian-looking mansion
-[X] As weak as the child ultimately proved to be, she still managed to impair myself by cutting off my right arm. I should wear my armour, that no mongrel can take my life in such a disgraceful fashion.

Hopefully we don't run into Yukari and her 'Gate of Everything You Can Think Of And A Few That You Can't'
>> No. 149315
[X] The Asian-looking mansion
-[X] As weak as the child ultimately proved to be, she still managed to impair myself by cutting off my right arm. I should wear my armour, that no mongrel can take my life in such a disgraceful fashion.
>> No. 149321
>>149313
including multiple Fate/Zero Berserkers?
>> No. 149345
[X] The Asian-looking mansion
-[X] As weak as the child ultimately proved to be, she still managed to impair myself by cutting off my right arm. I should wear my armour, that no mongrel can take my life in such a disgraceful fashion.

Yeah, how about we don't go to Yuyuko after what just happened.

Also?
I love Gilgamesh.

So obviously we need to get him into his actual armor!


Kind of a shame about what happened to the girl, though - I kind of wanted to see if she survived because, you know, that'd be kind of important in this place.
>> No. 149346
[X] The Asian-looking mansion
-[X] As weak as the child ultimately proved to be, she still managed to impair myself by cutting off my right arm. I should wear my armour, that no mongrel can take my life in such a disgraceful fashion.
>> No. 149352
File 13210325791.png - (172.60KB , 265x530 , GilgameshUC.png ) [iqdb]
149352
Calling the vote here guys. Armored Gil will meet Yuyuko.
>> No. 149356
File 132103706418.jpg - (429.85KB , 798x899 , Mad Yuyuko.jpg ) [iqdb]
149356
Whoever owns that building must surely be of some importance. Perhaps she is the one who manages this land?

And if you are to meet with someone of importance, surely you can't do so with the clothing of commoners. A change in wardrobe would be required to remedy this situation.

So with that, a shimmering light of gold surrounds your body until your clothes are now replaced with the armor of a king. Surely, an image befitting one such as yourself would be appropriate for this occasion.

Feeling that all preparations are complete, you continue the trek to the house until a door obstructed your way. Seeing that there is no reason for the door to block your passage, you force it open and went inside the building. Sensing a spirit, you walked into what appeared to be a dining room to witness a pink-haired ghost eating what appeared to be more than she should be able to hold.

As a spiritual being herself, she must have also sensed your other-worldly presence.

And she did. The ghost looks at you with curiosity before she changes her expression to a welcoming smile.

“Welcome to Hakugyokurou, visitor. I am Yuyoko Saigyouji, the princess of the netherworld; though, you can just call me Yuyuko.”

If she is indicating herself as royalty, then perhaps you should introduce yourself as well?

“And I am Gilgamesh, King of Heroes and strongest of all Servants.”

She takes your introduction with stride and invites you to join in her dining. Seeing no reason to deny the request, you did as she asked and joined her. You find the food to be satisfactory, an accomplishment hard to achieve, and were about to compliment to the host about it until she spoke before you did.

“So Gilgamesh, do you find the food to be good?”

You were about to give an answer before she interrupted you yet again.

“I would tell you who to compliment, but it appears you already gave it to her.”

Her smile faded into a frown as the area permeated of a tranquil, elegant fury. Since pulling off such an aura is a difficult task, this woman already has your respect, something which is by no means an easy task taking into account the number of people on that list.

“I simply cannot take the harming of my servants or the threats directed to the people under my care lightly. Why should I welcome such a person who does such things into my home?”

What will you do?

[] State that your treatment of her servant was simply equivalent exchange for her taking your arm.

[] Why should you care about the commoners? There place in the social ladder is to serve you. In fact, they should feel honored that you would wish to feed on them.

[] These suggestions are obviously written by a mongrel. I shall...

Note: The write-ins have to be in-character to what Gilgamesh would do. Any that aren't will simply not be factored into the polling.
>> No. 149362
[x] State that your treatment of her servant was simply equivalent exchange for her taking your arm.
>> No. 149363
[x] State that your treatment of her servant was simply equivalent exchange for her taking your arm.
>> No. 149366
[x] Perhaps she should teach her servants to act less rashly when faced with one obviously greater and more powerful than they. Why, she didn't even ask who we are, nor introduce herself, which is most disrespectful to our Kingly self. As she didn't, we took the liberty of instructing her servant on her true place in Yuyuko's stead. That she aroused our anger by cutting off our arm (by the way, anyone lesser than ourself would have died due to blood loss) while we were merely humouring her is her own fault.
-[x] Besides, her servant should be resilient enough to survive the lesson we gave her. She merely wasn't able to move when we left her. We know her type and estimate she should be up and about within the day.
-[x] Offer a flask of wine (grape wine, not that rice wine we can't stomach) from our Vaults as an apology for whatever inconvenience she may have due to our humbling her presumptuous servant.

We already respect Yuyuko? Whoa. That was kinda fast. Still, my write-in reflects that respect. By the by, I estimate that Gilgamesh, in Gensokyo and with his living body, shouldn't need to devour souls unless he plans to spam Enuma Elish at everything. He still has Independent Action A+ and his body produces od naturally, while Gensokyo is saturated with magic. Digression.
>> No. 149369
>>149366 a variation anyway. She did introduce herself, then proceed to attack us without asking out intent.

This sounds more like Gilgamesh. The first suggestion sound like him if she had made an impression big enough to consider Youmu his near(?) equal.

The second is a bit off. Gilgamesh, for the most part, considers everything "his". The fact he walked off without checking on Youmu means he doesn't consider Youmu as his. Another thing is kinda odd, Gil loves to gloat. He didn't even stop to gloat a bit.

So I'm gonna have to go with the write-in. If someone attacks you it's only natural to fight back. Besides we came here on the off chance to look for an old dear(dead?) friend, not fight women and children.

[x] Perhaps she should teach her servants to act less rashly when faced with one obviously greater and more powerful than they. Why, she didn't even ask who we are, nor our intent, which is most disrespectful to our Kingly self. As she didn't, we took the liberty of instructing her servant on her true place in Yuyuko's stead. That she aroused our anger by cutting off our arm (by the way, anyone lesser than ourself would have died due to blood loss) while we were merely humouring her is her own fault.
-[x] Besides, her servant should be resilient enough to survive the lesson we gave her. She merely wasn't able to move when we left her. We know her type and estimate she should be up and about within the day.
-[x] Offer a flask of wine (grape wine, not that rice wine we can't stomach) from our Vaults as an apology for whatever inconvenience she may have due to our humbling her presumptuous,but obviously valued, servant.
>> No. 149372
[x] Perhaps she should teach her servants to act less rashly when faced with one obviously greater and more powerful than they. Why, she didn't even ask who we are, nor introduce herself, which is most disrespectful to our Kingly self. As she didn't, we took the liberty of instructing her servant on her true place in Yuyuko's stead. That she aroused our anger by cutting off our arm (by the way, anyone lesser than ourself would have died due to blood loss) while we were merely humouring her is her own fault.
-[x] Besides, her servant should be resilient enough to survive the lesson we gave her. She merely wasn't able to move when we left her. We know her type and estimate she should be up and about within the day.
-[x] Offer a flask of wine (grape wine, not that rice wine we can't stomach) from our Vaults as an apology for whatever inconvenience she may have due to our humbling her presumptuous servant.
>> No. 149374
[x] Perhaps she should teach her servants to act less rashly when faced with one obviously greater and more powerful than they. Why, she didn't even ask who we are, nor our intent, which is most disrespectful to our Kingly self. As she didn't, we took the liberty of instructing her servant on her true place in Yuyuko's stead. That she aroused our anger by cutting off our arm (by the way, anyone lesser than ourself would have died due to blood loss) while we were merely humouring her is her own fault.
-[x] Besides, her servant should be resilient enough to survive the lesson we gave her. She merely wasn't able to move when we left her. We know her type and estimate she should be up and about within the day.
-[x] Offer a flask of wine (grape wine, not that rice wine we can't stomach) from our Vaults as an apology for whatever inconvenience she may have due to our humbling her presumptuous, but obviously valued, servant.
>> No. 149377
[x] Perhaps she should teach her servants to act less rashly when faced with one obviously greater and more powerful than they. Why, she didn't even ask who we are, nor introduce herself, which is most disrespectful to our Kingly self. As she didn't, we took the liberty of instructing her servant on her true place in Yuyuko's stead. That she aroused our anger by cutting off our arm (by the way, anyone lesser than ourself would have died due to blood loss) while we were merely humouring her is her own fault.
-[x] Besides, her servant should be resilient enough to survive the lesson we gave her. She merely wasn't able to move when we left her. We know her type and estimate she should be up and about within the day.
-[x] Offer a flask of wine (grape wine, not that rice wine we can't stomach) from our Vaults as an apology for whatever inconvenience she may have due to our humbling her presumptuous servant.
>> No. 149384
Calling the vote here guys. Let's see how this goes.
>> No. 149396
File 132107393829.jpg - (1.07MB , 1241x1754 , yuyuko drinking.jpg ) [iqdb]
149396
Even with the implied threat looming over you, what good is a king who does not give advice when he can?

“Your servant made some grievous errors herself. Not only did she attack me without warning, she wounded me while I was humoring her. In fact, she should be thankful that I was merciful. Knowing her type, I would give her a day to heal. All in all, I was simply teaching your servant her place in your stead.”

“As for the threat towards your subjects, I have no real reason to feed on them at the moment. The land that I found myself to be provides me with enough prana to support myself. You can rest assured that I meant no harm by coming here.”

Still, the woman appears unappeased by your words. It's only natural. Few people would take an apology, even one made by the king himself, without a gift of some sort. She seems to be the type who likes to indulge herself, so why not offer a bottle of wine worthy of the gods? Besides, those rice wines just don't sit well with you.

You casually open up your gate while the ghost tenses, only for you to take out the bottle of wine you thought of earlier.

“Perhaps we should talk over some drinks?”

The woman pauses for a moment, thinking to herself until she gives her answer.

“It is true that I wish not to fight either. If you mean no harm to my people, I can accept your audience.”

And so the meal resumed. It even seems that she forgot her former anger when she started trying out the wine you offered her, beaming all the while. Meanwhile, you just continued to sample the food spread throughout the table; though, you didn't have much of a chance in doing so considering the host ate it all rather quickly.

“You must have a reason for going to the netherworld considering you broke down the barrier to do so.”

How will you respond?

[] I wish to inquire about a friend of mine

[] That demonic tree interests me

[] What kind of mongrel would ask such questions. The king should ask...
>> No. 149397
[x] I wish to inquire about a friend of mine
>> No. 149400
[x] I wish to inquire about a friend of mine.
>> No. 149403
[x] I wish to inquire about a friend of mine

Even if Gil is an ass most of the time, he does care for anyone who he claims as friend.
>> No. 149404
[x] I wish to inquire about a friend of mine
>> No. 149433
[x] I wish to inquire about a friend of mine.


>>149369
Gilgamesh's "everything is mine" attitude only really applies to things he finds interesting.
It's not that he believes that he owns everything, he's smart enough to know that things don't quite work that way. It's more the schoolyard bully attitude of "if something looks fun, I must have it", along with a triple dose of inflated ego.
Then again, when you were, literally, the best at everything and even the Goddess of love, sex and fertility (and war) wanted to get into your pants*. Then, yeah.

And gloating isn't as fun when you've already beaten the crap out of someone to the point where you're not sure of they're even listening anymore.
Real gloating is for the moment when they're just realizing what insignificant worms they are compared to your glorious self, not when they're just a pile of thoroughly kicked ass.


*And when she has a hissyfit because Gilgamesh turned her down, she sends the "bull of heaven" at him. He and Enkidu kills it, and when she's yelling curses at them after that Enkidu throws the bull's leg in her face and threatens to "lash [her] entrails to [her] side."

Basically, if we somehow manage to find Enkidu everything is fucked, because that's a bro tag-team you don't want to mess with.
>> No. 149439
I wonder where'd Gil's new home base would be in Gensokyo. Sure he's an exceedingly "confident" king of heroes, but even he needs a place to stay and companion ship.
>> No. 149452
Calling the vote here guys

>>149433
That's basically how I characterize Gilgamesh. In hindsight, I think I may have made a mistake with Gilgamesh respecting Yuyuko too early. Oh well.

>>149439
If he wants to set-up a home-base, he can pretty much do it in any isolated area. Still, I'll give anon the choice of what to do in that situation later on.
>> No. 149456
File 132113183327.jpg - (176.88KB , 1024x768 , Gilgamesh drinking.jpg ) [iqdb]
149456
Original Quest Part 6

You decided to ask about the whereabouts of your friend, Enkidu. Not all that surprising, she never even met a man with such a name.

No, the fact that was more surprising was the conversation that followed.

“So the world we're in is different from the one I came from,” you ask the ghost as you ponder over the revelation.

“You are the one who came up with that conclusion since we both used terms neither of us understood” said the ghost woman with that ever-smiling face of hers.

It should not have been so surprising that you are in another world since Kaleidoscope, the magic of possibilities, also covers alternate universes.

Seeing as there is little else to do, you decide to:

[] Inquire about the demonic tree

[] Offer to check up on her servant

[] Leave the netherworld and
-[] Prepare your kingdom (set-up homebase)
-[] Let the humans worship you (visit the human village)
-[] Go meet the vampires
-[] The world can always use less gods (Moriya shrine)
-[] The underground sounds interesting enough
-[] Show those aliens your superiority (Eientei)
-[] Let the shrine maiden know that she works for you (Hakurei shrine)
>> No. 149462
[x] Offer to check up on her servant.

Not because we're being soft but as a show of how "Magnanimous" we are.
>> No. 149470
>>149456
In order, because we're the King, and the King deserves to plan long term.

[x] Inquire about this strange tree. Of course, we can deduce that it has a very malevolent spirit (the benefits of being the Man that Knows Everything), but we'd like to know its particulars. Mayhap it could provide ourself with a challenge of either might or wit to overcome?

then

[x] Offer to check on her servant on our way out. Yuyuko has been a gracious host to ourself and it is good and proper for the King to reward such hospitality with boons, be they great or minor. Showing our magnanimity to our (future) vassal is but common sense. (Provide a drop of Elixir of Life if the wounds are too severe.)

Afterwards,

[x] We are still King of Heroes and all the World. While ruling over ghosts and monsters holds no appeal to ourself, perhaps the race of Man in this land is worthy of our leadership. We should visit this "Human Village" and, if we deem it worthy, make it our capital and build it walls greater than those we built for Uruk.
-[x] If we make this village our city, we shall rename it Babylon. While the name of Uruk is dear to us, it should remain ever the original and incomparable.

The Logic being that we establish our power base in Gensokyo (Cue Golden Rule) and afterwards go on wacky adventures like "Make the Lands safe for your subjects (Kill/subjugate anything not human/hostile)", "Challenge the Heavens and the Gods... and Win (Enkidu laughs at your divinity)", "Make the extra-terrestrials pay tribute to the rightful King of the Earth (Ea makes the Moonbitches look small time)" or "Subvert the local priestesses to your worship as God-King (That's right, we're 2/3 Divine)"

This isn't a Quest that will end in a tea party, that's for sure.
>> No. 149474
>>149470
It sounds like a quest that ends with Yukari gapping us into the sun or something else very painful.
>> No. 149484
[x] Offer to check up on her servant
[x] Use one of our potions to heal her

[x] Let the shrine maiden know that she works for you (Hakurei shrine)

With our riches, it will be very easy to get Reimu as an loyal follower. The Shrine will also give us a good homebase.
>> No. 149488
Doesn't look like there's much of a consensus so far. Guess I'll have to wait longer until there is.
>> No. 149489
[x] Offer to check up on her servant
[x] Use one of our potions to heal her
[x] Prepare your kingdom - somewhere to the side, that we may have our peace

I'm thinking we might want to set up some home base, out of the way of everything, so not everyone comes and bother their rightful King.
Can't have mongrels constantly come and bother us, after all!

That seems like a good start of things, at least.
>> No. 149490
>>149489
Also, on an additional note, setting us a little aside mean that it will be that much more interesting when Gil inevitably still gets dragged into everything, and reacts to something like that happening.
>> No. 149502
>>149474
And yet isn't that exactly what you would expect Gilgamesh to do? He's arrogant and overpowered. It was only due to the circumstances of the Grail War, his wish to have Saber and his disappointment in modern Humanity that he didn't declare himself God-King again after the 4th War.
>> No. 149503
>>149489
I'll support this suggestion to make things move forwards.

Just so you know, this is >>149470 recasting his vote.
>> No. 149506
>>149502
But it would end badly undoubtedly as when someone shits up Gensokyo bad enough, Yukari will have to step in, and when she does, she won't be happy or inclined to use methods that aren't Overkill, cruel or unusual.
>> No. 149508
I want to update by the end of this night, so I'm calling the vote here guys. We have a majority now.
>> No. 149514
File 132116098641.jpg - (203.25KB , 850x863 , sample-e3821c1b128cec51c1d691cb8a2b2eb4.jpg ) [iqdb]
149514
Original Quest Part 7

As thanks for the host's hospitality, you decided to go check up on her servant. After all, even the king has to pay his dues.

So you enter the room and notice the half-breed laying on a bed. Momentarily, you contemplated whether you should use up one of your potions. They are mainly used to be a part of your treasury instead of actually being used, but you still rather not antagonize your host any more than you should, so you use up a tiny portion of one of your healing potions to help speed up the healing process. Now it should only a few hours for her to heal.

With your current objectives complete, you leave the netherworld to set up your kingdom; however, there is a dilemma.

Where will you place it?

[] The forest which reeks of magic so that you can deal with minimum interference from other parties; too bad those youkai in the area can get annoying

[] That grass-field you found yourself in to have a clearly visible kingdom

[] Nearby that mountain with a divine presence so you can bring war to the opposing gods as soon as you finish building your kingdom

[] Somewhere at or near the underground since the oni seem like your kind of people

[] Obviously a commoner who never forged a kingdom would suggest such unsuitable locations. I shall form my kingdom in...
>> No. 149515
Sorry for the string of short updates guys, but I've been busy for some time. And if I were to hold off on my update speed, I would probably slacken my pace on writing this story when I do get more time.
>> No. 149517
[x] Somewhere at or near the underground since the oni seem like your kind of people.

It shouldn't be too hard to win the Oni over, all that's needed is a good show of strength and some good booze.
>> No. 149521
[x] Somewhere at or near the underground since the oni seem like your kind of people

Time to conquer hell.
>> No. 149523
[x] Nearby that mountain with a divine presence so you can bring war to the opposing gods as soon as you finish building your kingdom.

Let's get dangerous.

Alternatively. (and in character)

[x] The Human Village (soon to be Babylon), obviously. A King requires subjects to establish his Kingdom, and we've never been one to rule over demons and other such rabble instead of Humans. We hope, of course, that the Men of this land are worthy of being our subjects. If not, then we shall forge them anew to be worthy of us. If, as the name suggest, their Village is puny, then we, the Great King, shall build a great city on its foundations. If their walls are weak, then we, the King of Kings, shall erect walls that will defy the Gods. If their buildings are frail wood, then we, the Man who Knows Everything, shall teach them to build monuments of stone and brick. If their arms are too weak, then we, the Greatest of all Heroes, shall strengthen them. We shall rebuild our cherished Uruk in this Land of Magic.

A King (in Gilgamesh's view) does not adapt to the World. He makes the World bow down to his will. And Gilgamesh has always been more pro-Human (pro-himself, really) than any other species. His next step after establishing his kingdom would definitively be to go mano a mano with the nearest Gods.
>> No. 149525
I'm vouching for this.

[x] The Human Village (soon to be Babylon), obviously. A King requires subjects to establish his Kingdom, and we've never been one to rule over demons and other such rabble instead of Humans. We hope, of course, that the Men of this land are worthy of being our subjects. If not, then we shall forge them anew to be worthy of us. If, as the name suggest, their Village is puny, then we, the Great King, shall build a great city on its foundations. If their walls are weak, then we, the King of Kings, shall erect walls that will defy the Gods. If their buildings are frail wood, then we, the Man who Knows Everything, shall teach them to build monuments of stone and brick. If their arms are too weak, then we, the Greatest of all Heroes, shall strengthen them. We shall rebuild our cherished Uruk in this Land of Magic.
>> No. 149526
My vote goes to this:

[x] The Human Village (soon to be Babylon), obviously. A King requires subjects to establish his Kingdom, and we've never been one to rule over demons and other such rabble instead of Humans. We hope, of course, that the Men of this land are worthy of being our subjects. If not, then we shall forge them anew to be worthy of us. If, as the name suggest, their Village is puny, then we, the Great King, shall build a great city on its foundations. If their walls are weak, then we, the King of Kings, shall erect walls that will defy the Gods. If their buildings are frail wood, then we, the Man who Knows Everything, shall teach them to build monuments of stone and brick. If their arms are too weak, then we, the Greatest of all Heroes, shall strengthen them. We shall rebuild our cherished Uruk in this Land of Magic.
>> No. 149527
[x] The Human Village (soon to be Babylon), obviously. A King requires subjects to establish his Kingdom, and we've never been one to rule over demons and other such rabble instead of Humans. We hope, of course, that the Men of this land are worthy of being our subjects. If not, then we shall forge them anew to be worthy of us. If, as the name suggest, their Village is puny, then we, the Great King, shall build a great city on its foundations. If their walls are weak, then we, the King of Kings, shall erect walls that will defy the Gods. If their buildings are frail wood, then we, the Man who Knows Everything, shall teach them to build monuments of stone and brick. If their arms are too weak, then we, the Greatest of all Heroes, shall strengthen them. We shall rebuild our cherished Uruk in this Land of Magic.
>> No. 149546
Well anon, I'm calling the vote here. It looks like the human village shall become the new Bablyon
>> No. 149550
File 132120782833.jpg - (329.46KB , 850x814 , sample-434fa80ef542afa83b6a05b16beab469.jpg ) [iqdb]
149550
Original Quest Part 8

If there is a settlement of humans already available, why not use it? Besides, you always preferred ruling over humans as opposed to those lesser demons. In fact, you should put getting rid of these 'youkai' on your to-do list.

But back to what you are doing, you just arrived at the human village after walking there. From what you can tell, the village itself will require much work to become a city worthy of your rule; however, the people of this settlement are a rather hardy lot due to being descendents of demon hunting families. Still, they would require much training before they truly become a competent fighting force.

It also doesn't take you long to win the hearts of the people with promises of grandeur if they submit to your rule. To your ire, not all the people submitted to you. A tainted human and her followers decided to flee from the village as soon as you appeared. No matter, they will soon learn of their error as you simply conquer the mountains which they fled to.

It only took you a few days to build what shall become the Kingdom of Bablyon to the surprise of your new subjects. Not only did you quickly teach the masons and other such laborers the superior techniques of your day, you also provided them the necessary resources to build an unrivaled city. What used to be the meager human village is now a grand city of gold with the biggest Ziggurat you could find in your vault right at the center of it.

Now, how will the King further develop his city and conquer his enemies:

[] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource you will never run dry of

[] You've already been training up a great military force, now is the time to use it to conquer your enemies
>> No. 149553
[x] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource you will never run dry of

Let's make people in the village very happy with us.
Specifically, let's make them very happy with us in the "if you attack him, we won't ever donate to your shrine" levels, if we can.


...Actually, that brings up an important point.
Why don't we just throw cash as donation to Reimu?
I'd kind of like it if we could make friends with her, or at least make her chose to side with us if it's between Gil and someone trying to throw us out.

So, yeah, I'm going to vote for this, as well.
[x] Make sure the priestess gets a share of the wealth, that no one may call the King of Kings anything short of generous.
>> No. 149554
[x] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource you will never run dry of
>> No. 149555
>>149550
[x] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource we will never run dry of. The true challenges to our personal power will come when they realize they cannot match our riches. Then we will cement our power by strength of arms.
--[x] Do underline that we are 2/3 Divine to divert the worship of our subjects from unworthy Gods. Better they worship us as a God than those we so loath.

That should get us some pretty good fights in the long run. The Moriya Shrine should have an... interesting reaction when they learn that we reject all Gods (except ourself as God-King).
>> No. 149557
[x] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource you will never run dry of.

Golden Rule time.
>> No. 149567
[x] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource you will never run dry of

[x] Also agree with donating to Reimu
We do need influential followers and she is a religous figure with out a god to worship.
>> No. 149568
[x] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource you will never run dry of
[x] Make sure the priestess gets a share of the wealth, that no one may call the King of Kings anything short of generous.
>> No. 149578
[x] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource you will never run dry of
[x] Make sure the priestess gets a share of the wealth, that no one may call the King of Kings anything short of generous.
>> No. 149582
[x] Let the mongrels learn the power of the coin, a resource you will never run dry of
[x] Make sure the priestess gets a share of the wealth, that no one may call the King of Kings anything short of generous.
>> No. 149583
Calling the vote here guys. You might have just bought off what could have been an enemy.
>> No. 149585
File 132124700483.jpg - (168.17KB , 556x368 , hanging_gardens_of_babylon1.jpg ) [iqdb]
149585
Several weeks later...

The standard of living, economy, and size of your city grew to almost an unrecognizable proportions. The infrastructure, education, and technology of your fledgling kingdom already outranks any of those mongrel-ridden metropolises from the outside world, and it is still accelerating.

You also decided to fund that one girl who would normally be doing your job of keeping the youkai in line. After all, the King is generous to those who serve his kingdom. She was a bit hesitant to accept it at first, but striking a deal with her was able to make her yield.

As she said, “As long as the Hakurei Barrier is maintained, I'll be fine with whatever happens.” As if you would ever want to interact with that side of the world without something convenient like Angra Manyuu to clean up the trash for you.

With your city being able to guide and defend itself without your constant guidance, you have more options open to you, mainly the one where you can actually explore your soon-to-be land.

So, where will you go?

[] Act as an ambassador to those aliens

[] How dare those vampires own your property!

[] This 'heaven' I hear of is full of fools who think too much of themselves; you'll put them in their place

[] You mongrels have no idea how to pass the time. Obviously, I shall...
>> No. 149589
>>149585
[x] Go demand tribute from those alien mongrels that dare to call themselves better than ourself, the King of Heroes. They are now subjects of our rule, so they owe us tribute. It has also reached our royal ears that there is an exiled princess of immense beauty, a true immortal it is said, amongst these aliens. Mayhap we will deem her to be pretty enough to earn a place in our treasury.

At which point we proceed to assume the immortal princess is Eirin (or treat her as such knowingly) and ignore Kaguya as an irritating good-for-nothing. Remember, Gilgamesh's perfect woman is Saber, one of the few people he respects as an equal is Alexander the Great and his Kingship consist of actually doing very impressive things. Kaguya's (and most Japanese "true nobles") rulership is... very lacking to such proactive rulers as Gilgamesh, Alexander and Saber.

I'm always up for knocking down the Lunarians. Remember Primarch Neil Armstrong!

(It'd be good to have longer updates for the following parts though. Character interaction would be a great part of each encounter).
>> No. 149591
>>149589
Don't worry about the update length. I'll make them longer for the interesting character interactions.
>> No. 149592
[x] Go demand tribute from those alien mongrels that dare to call themselves better than ourself, the King of Heroes. They are now subjects of our rule, so they owe us tribute. It has also reached our royal ears that there is an exiled princess of immense beauty, a true immortal it is said, amongst these aliens. Mayhap we will deem her to be pretty enough to earn a place in our treasury.

At which point we proceed to assume the immortal princess is Eirin (or treat her as such knowingly) and ignore Kaguya as an irritating good-for-nothing. Remember, Gilgamesh's perfect woman is Saber, one of the few people he respects as an equal is Alexander the Great and his Kingship consist of actually doing very impressive things. Kaguya's (and most Japanese "true nobles") rulership is... very lacking to such proactive rulers as Gilgamesh, Alexander and Saber.

So we now have Subverted the Hakurei Miko... on to the Aliens!
>> No. 149594
[x] Conquer death itself.
>> No. 149595
Ah, I'm so looking forward to this guy being put in his place.
>> No. 149597
>>149594

Why, we al-oh wait, you mean Komatchi, not Yuyuko.

Not sure if want due to Yama.
>> No. 149598
[x] Act as an ambassador to those aliens
The more allies that stand with us, the better.
>> No. 149601
[x] Go demand tribute from those alien mongrels that dare to call themselves better than ourself, the King of Heroes. They are now subjects of our rule, so they owe us tribute. It has also reached our royal ears that there is an exiled princess of immense beauty, a true immortal it is said, amongst these aliens. Mayhap we will deem her to be pretty enough to earn a place in our treasury.
Man, I can't wait for Gil to get his kicked kicked my Yukari.
>> No. 149602
[X] This 'heaven' I hear of is full of fools who think too much of themselves; you'll put them in their place

Because I want to see them beaten down
>> No. 149605
I just don't understand. Gil is an ass but he values humanity while hating all divinity. If I remeber correctly, his hate for divinity so much that it DIMINISH his divinity status. So why would he want to be worship as a god anyway? Also, the Ia can destroy worlds so don't count on Yukari just killing him off.
>> No. 149607
[x] Act as an ambassador to those aliens
>> No. 149630
>>149605
To be precise, Ea shows the Truth of the time before the Creation of the World/Universe. In the radius of its attack, everything is returned to the primordial Chaos/Nothingness. The only thing that can protect you from it is Avalon because the Fey are weird like that, being creatures from outside/before Creation, and Avalon takes you to their realm. Otherwise, dimensions and defences are nothing before the might of Ea, it is an Anti-World NP for a reason. It is, with the Black Barrel and Slash Emperor, one of the few weapons capable of killing Aristoteles with no concept of death.
>> No. 149636
>>149630
That's terrifying.
>> No. 149637
>>149630
That's terrifying.
>> No. 149638
>>149605
Because everyone likes being told how great they are by a giant crowd of people.
>> No. 149639
>>149630
That's terrifying.
>> No. 149647
The votes are called. It looks like we're going the Lunarian route.
>> No. 149676
It's ashame. At first I thought this CYOA was going to be taken at least a bit seriously. I see that's not the case.
>> No. 149702
File 132139158781.png - (1.56KB , 128x128 , touhou_eiren_GIF_by_SukebanMochi.png ) [iqdb]
149702
You heard that the aliens which live in your land has a princess amongst them. Sure they may still owe you tribute for using what is yours, but the king should still present himself according to his station. It's a pity that your ship has yet to be completed, but at least you still have your feet to get there. So you don your armor and walk toward the bamboo forest.

Most mongrels may fall prey to the confusing paths of the forest or the various traps littering the area, but they were no match for your All Seeing Eye. It takes a while to get there on foot, but you eventually come across an eastern mansion.

As you approach the building, your eyes catch on to what appears to be a bunny-girl wearing a suit for a top along with a pink skirt.

“We have been expecting you. Please follow me if you seek an audience.”

Not exactly a greeting befitting for the King, but now is not the time to voice out your opinion when it can only reach the ears of someone ultimately unimportant.

So the bunny-girl leads you across the halls until you enter a room the she gestured for you to go in. In it, you see a white haired haired woman wearing an oddly colored nurse's outfit. Seriously, no proper royal wear? You're wondering if these aliens even care about their projected image.

“I am Eiren Yagokoro, brain of the moon. So tell me, what brings you to Eientei,” the woman says as she puts herself on guard behind her welcoming mask.

So this is the person you heard of that made an elixir of immortality. You could very well include such an interesting specimen into your treasury.

“For who I am, I feel that it should already be self-evident,” you say as your property raises her eyebrows. “Are you also the one who made that elixir of immortality?”

“And why would you be interested in that,” she says a slight smirk grows at the beginning of her next inquiry. “Is that elixir what you seek?”

“Immortality? I gave that to the snake.”

A look of comprehension reaches the Lunarian's face as soon as you made that statement.

“So you are Gilgamesh,” Eiren says as she tenses up, preparing for the worse. Still, it's a pointless action to make since you see no reason to harm your own property.

“If you are as smart as you claim to be woman, then listen to what I have to say. I cannot simply allow you and your ilk to live on my lands without tribute; and no, no amount of monetary wealth would be enough to please me. You, Eiren, should be grateful. I have found interest in you and am willing to accept your servitude to me as payment.”

“I find that offer tempting,” she states in a scoffing manner, “but I only serve the moon princess.”

“If that is the only problem, then I can simply get rid of the necessity for that title,” you state in a casual manner.

“And just what do you mean by that,” said the Lunarian as anger floods her face.

“Quite simply, all I have to do is wipe out the lunar civilization. I was planning on doing that as a statement to the other inhabitants of the land that resistance to my rule is futile. As soon as my ship is repaired, I shall bring myself along with an army to conquer that land. By my estimations, it should be complete by the time the moon is full.”

With your message delivered, you depart for your kingdom to ensure the preparations for your coming invasion are met, but not before relishing the terror and disdain you see on her face.

Note: The next update will be in the Lunarian perspective
>> No. 149703
>>149676
Don't worry, the story will get more serious very soon now that we're getting to the interesting part.
>> No. 149704
>>149676
not like it matters when the writing quality is that of a children's book
>> No. 149706
>>149703
Well, it has taken a turn for the interesting now. I'll see how it goes.
>> No. 149707
>>149704
It's my first time writing, so criticisms like that are to be expected; however, I would like for you to point out how I can improve.
>> No. 149718
>>149702
I'm pretty sure he didn't "give" the elixir of immortality to the snake.
>> No. 149720
>>149718
>"The Holy Grail? Oh, immortality. Heh, I gave that to the snake."

Check out the link
http://fsn.seorinwastaken.com/archive/098.html
>> No. 149721
He might just be in denial.
>> No. 149722
>>149721
It doesn't make sense for Gilgamesh to lie even if it is out of denial. What's more likely is that the actual story, at least the Nasuverse version, is different from the legend.
>> No. 149731
>>149702
Mispelled 'Eirin'.
>> No. 149738
So how long until we piss off Yukari?
>> No. 149795
>>149738
What do you mean "How long until?".