[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132083706384.jpg - (15.97KB , 259x194 , images.jpg ) [iqdb]
149111 No. 149111
This is the first time I’m writing this kind of story and it will be drawing upon both canon and fanon on character and concepts understanding. It might not be very well done as this is also my first time writing a story so please bear with me.


You open your eyes and find yourself looking at a clear blue sky. Your head is ringing as if it had been hit hard though the rest of your body feels fine. Getting back to your feet, you started surveying your surroundings.

You realized that you are surrounded by vegetation. The great abundance of it led to a conclusion that you are either in the middle of a forest or a jungle. Massaging your temples to try to ease the headache, you try and recall the events that have occurred which might give you some clues as to why you are lying in the middle of nowhere.

However, nothing seems to come up. You cannot find anything in your memory that would give you clues as to why you are here. Then again, you realize that your mind is blank. You cannot even remember who you are, where you are from and what your own profession is. The headache is not helping in your thinking at all as you find that the harder you think, the worse the headache would become.

[] Take a deep breath and calm down.
[] Check your possession to see if there is a clue to who you are.
[] Try to think even harder

>> No. 149114
[x] Check your possession to see if there is a clue to who you are.

Always do an inventory check first.
>> No. 149117
[x] Check your possession to see if there is a clue to who you are.

Couldn't agree more with this.
>> No. 149124
[x] Check your possession to see if there is a clue to who you are.


Another amnesiac? Seriously?
>> No. 149130
[X] Check your possesions to see if there are any annoyingly vauge plot devices.
>> No. 149134
>>149124
Everyone loves amnesiac MCs. They're such a classic.
>> No. 149147
>>149124
Did you expect creativity out of /th/ of all places? We are lucky we have folks like Karesh and Demetrious gracing this board.

[x] Check your possession to see if there is a clue to who you are.

Let's see if this defies my "below sea level" expectations of such a story in /th/.
>> No. 149164
[x] Check your possession to see if there is a clue to who you are.

It seems that the wisest thing to do in this situation would be to check out your possessions. You might never know what it would tell you about yourself.

Deciding to start from your clothing, you realize that you are wearing a dark brown hooded cloak. It is old but provides adequate protection to almost any weather. The hood provides protection from the rain and the sun and you do not find it hot wearing this attire in the middle of a forest.

You wore a tunic and pants of the same color beneath the cloak. They were both comfortable and provided ease in movement. You do note that you are wearing a pair of brown boots and gloves as well. This attire though still gives little clue as to who you are, though it might be possible that you are a traveler since the outfit you are wearing were all meant for easy movement and looked durable.

Searching yourself further, you managed to find a bag that was tied to your belt in your lower left back. Removing it from your belt, you opened the pouch to see if there is anything inside that might help. You are a little surprise as the bag was deeper than you have expected. It is as if there is a sub-space in inside. Trying not to think hard about how that is possible, you took out the contents in the bag and placed it on the ground in front of you.

Looking at the objects that have been taken out, you are amazed at how much the bag could hold a yet felt like it weighted almost nothing. Turning back onto the task at hand, you inspect your possessions.

There are three torches, one half used while the others are not. There are three water skins, but two were empty and the remaining one is only half full. In addition, there is a pair of flint stones and a small dagger inside it as well. You also noticed several wrappings which smell like dried meat and you concluded that it might be used to store meals that were meant to be eaten on the road. What really caught you attention is a book that it inside together with some writing materials. It might be a journal which could be useful and you opened it.

To your disappointment, there is nothing written inside it. Judging from the appearance of the book though, that is to be expected as it seemed new and recently bought. Putting all your stuff back into your bag and tied it back to your belt. You try to arrange the information that have obtained from your own possessions.

The logical conclusion would be that you are a traveler since you are dressed as one. However, you might be either new to the road or just plain stupid as you have almost run out of food and water. This usually happens when one did not prepare enough or underestimated the distances of one town to another and thus come upon the case of running out of food and water. Then again, it might also be possible that you were caught in unexpected event or you are close to the next town where you can get resupplied. You do not know which is the correct answer.

It seems that checking your possessions only seemed to have bring about more questions instead of answers. At least you can take comfort that you know that you might be a traveler or sorts. However, you question your own intelligence and common sense for travelling around with no weapon. That dagger in your bag is a poor excuse of a weapon. Though sharp, it seemed to be a tool for dining more than a tool for fighting.

As you cross your arms and continue to ponder on your current situation, you hear a pair of high pitch screams coming from nearby. The origin of the screams is mostly likely to the north of your current position.

[] Go towards the screams to see what is happening
[] Ignore it and walk towards the opposite direction to avoid trouble
[] Ignore it and continue to think about the situation, unmoving from the location where you are at.
>> No. 149166
[x] Go towards the screams to see what is happening
>> No. 149167
[x] Go towards the screams to see what is happening

Anon to the rescue!
>> No. 149169
[X] Equip dagger
[X] Activate stealth mode.
[X] Pause for a second to think about any special skills/fighting abilities you have, if any.

If you know how to actually fight and remember the basics of armed combat and CQC, then

[X] Go towards the screams to see what is happening.

If you remember nothing and would just end up flailing the dagger around, then it's probably better to;

[X] Ignore it and walk towards the opposite direction to avoid trouble.
>> No. 149182
>The logical conclusion would be that you are a traveler since you are dressed as one. However, you might be either new to the road or just plain stupid as you have almost run out of food and water. This usually happens when one did not prepare enough or underestimated the distances of one town to another and thus come upon the case of running out of food and water.

I dont see how MC knows how something 'usually happens'.


[x] Go towards the screams to see what is happening
>> No. 149191
[x] Go towards the screams to see what is happening
>> No. 149193
>>149182

What usually happens after you've been masturbating for a while?

what usually happens if you cut yourself with a knife?

With a little deductive thinking, one can certainly figure out what will happen give a certain circumstance.
>> No. 149194
[x] Go towards the screams to see what is happening

You decide to investigate the screams. Depending on the situation, you might even come into contact with people that might have an idea as to where you are. Of course, you do realize that it might also be dangerous and you might fall prey to predators in the area. Taking out the dagger from you bag, you wonder what good can it do in a fight against a beast of the wild. Well, going for the eyes is an option though you really do not want to do that as a wounded beast is very dangerous. Putting the dagger which was sheathed into the right slot of your belt, you turn towards to where the scream was heard and started running towards that direction.

You find yourself slamming headfirst into a trunk of a tree though. Clutching your nose that was hurting, you found out that you have covered much distance despite the fact that you have just started running from your starting point. That means that you are a fast runner then. Keeping this new found fact in your mind, you run towards the source again though this time, not at full speed.

You stopped running and began moving quietly when you saw a beast approaching two human like figure. Despite the fact that your dark brown attire makes a bad camouflage in an area covered by green, the vegetation that were growing around provide enough cover for you to move in closer without being detected. Once again, you find out about a new fact of yourself. You can move silently and with little sound of your movement. Then again, it might just be because the beast and the two humanlike figures were too busy staring at each other to notice your presence.

Finding cover behind a large tree which was close enough to the three figures, you could finally see them clearly. On one side is a boar that is the size of a rhino that interesting also has a rhino horn as well. It is advancing slowly to the right towards the two human figures in a deliberate manner.

At this distance, you can see the two human figures clearly now. One is a brunette wearing a white suit, brown skirt and a red tie. She is also carrying a backpack and wears a strange hat with a white ribbon as decoration. She is standing protectively in front of the other girl though you can tell that she is afraid as well. The other girl is a blonde wearing a purple dress and a white mob cap. She is also carrying a backpack and she is shaking a little.

You have a choice now. None of them have notice your presence, and you are pretty sure you can get away without any of them noticing. That would mean that the girls would be doomed as the boar would kill them with ease as the girls do not look like they could go against it. There is no escape for them as well as a huge tree is directly behind them which made it difficult for them to run. Even if the tree is not there, it would not be wise to expose your back to a hostile creature as well. The other choice would be try and help them by drawing the boar’s attention to you and make him change his target. This would put yourself into danger and unless you have a way to deal with the boar, it would be you that end up dead. However, if you leave them be, you wonder if you can sleep well at night, not to forget the possibility of losing any information that might help you know where you are and perhaps aid you in the search of your identity.

[] Lure the boar towards you. You can deal with it.
[] Just go. This is not your problem.
>> No. 149196
[X] Lure the boar towards you. You can deal with it.

Yo author guy, how do you feel about write-ins?
>> No. 149197
>>149196
I am new in this so I think I might need an explanation.
>> No. 149198
>>149197

like this vote here
>>149169

see how he put choices you didn't directly give us?

That's an example of a write-in.
>> No. 149199
I see. Thanks. I will see if I would use it as the story goes about. Thanks by the way.
>> No. 149203
[x] Sneak up on the beast and attempt to stab it with your dagger.

It's the best answer.
>> No. 149210
[x] Sneak up on the beast and attempt to stab it with your dagger.
>> No. 149243
[x] Sneak up on the beast, slash it's hamstring, and jump back. Continue fighting it defensively until it bleeds out, or an opportunity presents itself.
>> No. 149287
I’m fine with write-ins but I think I would prefer them when the choice is given. Here comes the combat scene.

[x] Sneak up on the beast and attempt to stab it with your dagger.

You decided that you will help the girls. One reason is that you cannot let them die when you realize their predicament as that is cruel and the other reason is because they might provide the help you need in knowing where you are. That in turn would help in your bid know who you are as well.

Unsheathing your dagger, you crept slowly towards your target. Normally, you would be detected easily with your poor excuse of a camouflage but the three in front of you were too engrossed in each other to notice you. Moving without noise might help as well. Slowly and carefully, you reach the beast’s back and gave a slash towards its hamstring in an attempt to cause bleeding and hinder its movement. The plan is to make it bleed and tire itself out.

You decide that you will need a new combat plan as you realized that although you manage to cut the beast’s hamstring, its skin was so tough that you only manage to scratch it. The beast did not seem to be even aware that you have slashed it. Not one to give up that easily, you tried slashing again at the hamstring and gave up after the fifth attempt as it is not working at all. The beast is still moving slowly towards the girls with no problem at all.

Well, if slash cannot work, then maybe stabbing can. Aiming at the poor excuse of a cut you have made on the beast’s hamstring, you plunged your dagger into it.

It seemed that it works. The beast howled in anger as your dagger sank into its hamstring. In reflex, it kicked backwards using its hind legs and you managed to evade this attack barely by rolling to the left. The beast turned towards your direction to see who have attacked him and you find yourself staring at the beast just as you managed to stand up.

Being this close, you stare directly into the beast’s eyes. You can read anger from its eyes. Well, at least you have succeeded in making him change target. Now the question is how to kill it or escape from it. Slowly, you moved sideways and edge slowly back to where you have advanced from. If this thing is going to attack you via charging, you have a plan that might be enough to deal with this beast.
Roaring in anger, the beast charge towards you like you have expected. You prepare to dodge this charge by rolling to the right when you realized something. The speed of the charge was not as fast as you have expected. You believe that you can simply dodge this attack by sidestepping. That was what you did.

However, what happens next was not what you have planned. After sidestepping the attack, the beast was left wide open for you to attack. Normally, one would use the dagger and stab the beast in an attempt to kill it if it is possible. It seems that logic does not work with your action here. As if your body has a mind of its own, you gave launched a jab with your left hand that was not holding the dagger and it was aimed at the beast’s head. This action happened as if it is reflex and flowed smoothly like you have been trained in this for your life. Your mind it seemed cannot follow up to the reflex and actions of your own body in this event.

Imagine your surprise when instead of hearing the sound of a punch connecting onto flesh, your fist went through the head of the beast. So much for the thought that it was a jab. An idea forms in your mind and you decide to test it out. Sheathing your dagger, you performed a downward chop towards the portion where you believe is the neck of the beast using your right hand. It separated the head of the beast from his body.

Bringing your left hand which the beast’s head was still connected to, you come to understand why you have brought no weapon with you. You are your own weapon it seems. The movement, the attacks that you have performed comes naturally. You deduct that you must have had long practices for it to act on reflex when seeing an opening. Then again, it might be that your current amnesia have cause you mind to not be able to control such reflex action. Whatever it is, this knowledge that you are an unarmed fighter would have much use to you as you continue in your journey and the search of your memories. Flinging the head of the beast off your left fist. You turn towards to the girls that you have just rescued. They are now panting and kneeling on the floor as if their legs have gave way. They are looking at you with a mixture of fear, anxiety , curiosity and graditute.

[] Greet the girls and see if they are hurt
[] See if there is anything useful on the beast
[] Walk away and spend some time alone to think about the new discovery of yourself.
>> No. 149294
[x] Greet the girls and see if they are hurt.

Comfort them first then check the boar out. Well... I must say this is interesting.
>> No. 149317
[x] Greet the girls and see if they are hurt.
-[x] Remember to check for anything useful in the boar.
>> No. 149323
[x] See if there is anything useful on the beast

Let them talk to us first
>> No. 149386
[x] Greet the girls and see if they are hurt.
[x] See if there is anything useful on the beast

Deciding that it would be less intimidating as compared to asking them about their wellbeing while looking down at them, you kneel on one knee so that you can see them eye to eye. They are now looking at you straight into your eyes and you decide to ask them the question.

“Are the two of you alright?”

Considering that this is the first time you speak since you have awakened, you are caught off guard at how deep and threatening your voice is. In addition, you wanted to speak in in a level tone, but it sounded louder than you would have like. Once again you keep this information in mind as it would be useful in future when you converse with another.

The effects of you question was seen in a way you did not want it to. Their eyes widening in fear, the brunette used her whole body to shield her blonde friend at the back. They stumbled to get on their feet but failed and the both hit the ground with their bottom. However, you could tell that they are edging away from you though.

With a softer voice and a less threatening tone you hope, you asked them about their wellbeing once more. You believe it worked better than before as they are now looking at you with less fear and a mix of curiosity and confusion. Well, considering what you have done and how you sound, that was to be expected. The brunette who seemed the bolder of the two opened her mouth to address you.

“XOZAOX?”

You hear her speak perfectly though she sounds a little shaky. That is not the main problem. It seemed that you have come across a language barrier. You cannot understand the tongue that she is using and you suppose that neither of them could understand yours. That would explain why they were in fear after you asked them of their wellbeing. Without being able what you are saying, they use your tone to try and figure out the content of your question and well, the results were not pretty. That might be why they looked confused when you asked them the same question in a softer tone. However, this still do not change the problem that you cannot understand them. The two girls are now talking with each other, perhaps trying to discuss about their situation using that tongue that you do not understand. You notice that they have not stopped looking at you even as they speak. Convinced that they would not run away all of a sudden, you leave them alone as you inspect the dead beast.

It looks like a boar yet it has the characteristics of a rhino. It seemed that the most useful object from it would the horns. Holding it with your right hand, you performed a right side chop with your left and separate the horn from the head of the beast. Its sharpness and durability might be of some use in the future. Putting the horn into your bag, you decide that it is a waste to just leave the body of the beast here. Considering that you are low on food supply, the beast will serve well as backup food. What you need is a way to carry it around. If you have some rope, then it will do the trick but the question is that you do not have any. Once again, you question the ability of yourself being a traveler as you do not even remember to bring rope along. The different facts that you have been collecting so far about yourself does not fit each other quite well so it is quite difficult to guess who you are. For now, you will just know yourself as a traveler with unarmed skills then.

Finally getting back on their feet, the girls walk towards you, this time with the blonde in the front. Tilting her head up so that she can see you, it seemed that she want to speak with you.

[] Listen to what she has to say if possible.
[] Try speaking to her first using another language that you might know.
[] Stop wasting time and just go. There is no way to communicate with them.
>> No. 149388
[X] Listen to what she has to say if possible.

No reason to be rude.
>> No. 149392
[x] Listen to what she has to say if possible.
>> No. 149685
[x] Listen to what she has to say if possible.

Looking at you with caution, the blonde girl fidget a little before she took a deep breath.

“Do… do you understand what I am saying?”

Now, that is a language you do understand. You do not know the name of this tongue she is using, but you can understand her perfectly. It might be not your native tongue, but you know enough of this tongue to communicate with the girl. Noticing that she is looking at you with growing uneasiness, you realized that you have not responded to her question. Remembering how you have frightened them with your voice, you simply nodded to show that you could understand her. Encouraged by your positive response, she decides to ask you another question.

“Do you know where we are?”

Well, it would seem that they too were lost in this place as well. There goes your hope of asking them about information about this area where you are in. You simply shake your head in response. The both of them looked crestfallen and disappointed in your answer. That reaction is within your expectation when you realize that the person whom you have just met in an unknown area tells you that he is lost as well. However, you are curious about how they have arrived in this place. For you, you have awoken with no memories so perhaps knowing how they have arrived might help. Slowly and carefully, you use a soft voice and in the tongue that the girl have just used and asked her a simple question.

“How did you arrive?”

Turing their attention towards you, the girls seemed to be deep in thought. You are not sure if they are trying to decide if they should answer you or they are trying to remember what happen. After a while, the brunette spoke up and surprisingly is also using the tongue that you could understand as well.

“We’re not too sure. We were just hiking up to the old Hakurei Shrine when it started to rain. We then seek cover at the nearby shelter.”

“The rain was not stopping at any time so we fell asleep. When we woke up, we see ourselves in the middle of a forest and there was no sign of the shelter. Then I think you know the rest.”

So, they were in one place and then when they wake up they discovered that they are in another? It sounds plausible, but since there is nothing to refute their claim, you would just have to take it in face value. Looking expectantly at you, you decide that you should also give your side of the tale.

“When I woke up, I find myself in the middle of a forest.”

After hearing your simple answer, the brunette raised her right eyebrow and looked at you disbelievingly.

“That’s all?”
You simply nodded her head. She did not look very happy and she opened her mouth. Before she can say anything though, her friend stopped her and they began speaking to each other in that tongue of theirs. Maybe it was for secrecy for that is not really your concern. Looking around for something to tie the body of the beast to you, you decide that the vines growing on that nearby tree will do the job perfectly. Walking towards it, you took hold of a portion of the vine and pulled hard.

The vine came off well and you considered yourself lucky as the length of the vine tore out was just the right length. Tugging a little on the vine to test its durability, you are satisfied with its strength and use the vine to tie the beast’s body to your back. It also seems that the girls are done with their discussion as they are turning their attention back to you. They looked a little disturbed at the body that was tied to you though.

“For food.”

They nodded their head slowly as what you have said sank into them. You conclude that they do not go hunting often as they seem a little shaken by your implication that the body on your back is food. Of course, it might just be that they are still shaken by the attack and thus fear the beast even though it is dead.

“We have a proposal for you.”

You looked at the blonde who have just spoke. Seeing that she have your attention, she continued.

“Let’s try to find our way out of the forest together.”

Realizing that they are not getting an answer from you, the brunette also joined in to try and convince you.

“You see, I can tell the time and our location by looking at the stars and the moon. I think I can get us out of here once night arrives.”

You see where this is going. The forest will be very dangerous at night and they will be defenseless even if they can find a way out using this girl’s ability. Since they have seen you fight, they decide that they can use your ability to protect them as they head out of the forest at night. You can agree to their proposal and have a chance to get out of the forest by relying on the girl’s star reading ability. However, you are not too sure about how good she is. It might be a futile attempt which ends up with nothing. In addition, they might also help by acting as translator for you with the habitants of this place also speak their language. Then again, you can just refuse them and seek a way out on your own. Though they look harmless, something in the back of your mind warns you that you should not just judge something by their appearance.

[] Accept the offer. There is no harm to give it a try and you can do worse. All you have to do is be careful.
[] Decline the offer and try and find a way out yourself.
[] Write-ins
>> No. 149687
[x] Accept the offer. There is no harm to give it a try and you can do worse. All you have to do is be careful.

Strength in numbers!
>> No. 149692
[x] Accept the offer. There is no harm to give it a try and you can do worse. All you have to do is be careful.


We gotta keep an eye out though...
>> No. 149694
[x] The sun is a star.
>> No. 149698
[x] Accept the offer. There is no harm to give it a try and you can do worse. All you have to do is be careful.
>> No. 149726
[x] Accept the offer. There is no harm to give it a try and you can do worse. All you have to do is be careful.

Keeping in mind of the warning of not to judge a book by its cover, you decide to accept the girls’ offer anyway. There is no other choice and it would not hurt to give her ability a try. You do have to keep an eye out on them though just in case they decide to play tricks. Having made your decision, you decide to let it be known to the girls whom are looking at you.

“All right then.”

Breaking into a wide smile, the brunette gave a wink at the blonde before turning back to you she held her left hand out towards you.

“Then we’re all set then! I’m Usami Renko that is Mary and the two of us form the Sealing Club. Nice to meet you!”

Frowning a little at her friend, Mary turned towards you and gave a little bow before speaking.

“I’m Maribel Han. Nice to meet you.”

You decide to greet the girls in turn. First, you shook hands firmly with Renko. After that you took a step back and greet Maribel’s bow with a simple form of greeting that seemed to come naturally to you. Cupping your right hand over your left which is fisted, you held both of them out in front of your chest.

“Well met. I’m Wu Ming, a lost traveler.”

You do realize that you will need a name to go by if you are going to find your way around. This name that you have taken temporary simply means nameless in your native tongue. You decide that you will not share with them you have amnesia before you are sure that they can be trusted. Besides, you are not completely lying on the part of being a traveler though as the clues that you have obtained so far shows that you are a traveler. What caught you attention was that they called themselves the Sealing Club and you are interested in knowing what it means.

“You mentioned that the two of you are from the Sealing Club. What do you do?”

Recovering from your odd greeting, Renko, the more outgoing one you believe is the one to answer you.

“Well, even though has the name of sealing, we are not exorcists. We are just interested in the paranormal and seeks to experience and understand them as them come by. Also, we are interested in the possibility of the existence of other worlds as well.”

Seeing your puzzled look, Maribel also spoke up to give you more of an understanding of the issue they are talking about.

“It might sound strange, but do you believe in ghosts and spirits?”

You try to search your memories to see if it contains anything regarding about ghosts and spirits. To your surprise, you do. However, the ghosts and spirits in your memories were either walking skeletons that held different sort of weapons that attack the living or vengeful transparent and legless skeletons wearing a black colored cloak with a hood stalking and killing other living things as well. You frown a little and wondered if the girls are in their right mind to chase after these things. In addition, you also took note that other than the memories of your own history and identity, you seem to remember things that have no relation to these two aspects quite well. So far, you can remember other languages and things about spirits and your body response well to danger. Noticing that they are still waiting for your answer. You simply nodded your head. Maribel also nods her head and continued on.

“We are interested in them and seek them out like what Renko said.”

“Well, we are most interested in the world called Gensokyo,” interrupted Renko. “It’s a world where Mary sees in a dream and inside lives strange creatures and humans together.”

You point to the beast that is tied to your back without saying a word.

Getting what you mean, Renko grimaced a little.

“Well, we never met anything that hostile before…”

Frowning again at Renko, Maribel give a complain to her.

“I told you that everything in my dreams is not peaceful and we should be more careful.”

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry.”

Panicking a little, Renko waved her hand frantically in front of her as she tried to convince Maribel to not lecture her. In a desperate attempt to change the subject, Renko turns the attention towards you.

“Well, enough about us. Tell us about you.”

“I’m travelling the world to learn its ways.”

Apparently, Renko is a little disappointed at your answer. Well, that cannot be help as that is almost as far as you can go without exposing the fact that you have lost your memory. Renko looked as if she wants to ask you to elaborate, but a tug at her arms and a look given to her by Maribel stopped her. Mumbling something incoherent under her breath, she turns towards you once again.

“Now, what should we do? We can stand our ground here and wait till night before my ability can work, or we can try to explore the forest. Who knows, we might get lucky and get out of this forest before night.”

[] Explore the forest and try to find a way out
[] Stand ground and wait
[] Question her on why her ability only works at night

Note: This is the first time I try writing dialog. Please tell me the areas that need improvement if there are. Thanks.
>> No. 149727
[x] Question her on why her ability only works at night

We need more knowledge first.
>> No. 149732
[x] Explore the forest and try to find a way out

Questioning seems a bit rude.
>> No. 149739
[x] Explore the forest and try to find a way out
>> No. 149958
[x] Stand ground and wait
>> No. 152335
[x]Explore the forest and try to find a way out
[x]Question her on why her ability only works at night
>You are your own weapon it seems.
>you are wearing a dark brown hooded cloak.
>the memory fragments.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we're the guy from Prototype.
>> No. 152347
>>152335
That...could be fun. Not sure how he'd interact with Medicine or Yamame, though.
>> No. 157916
[x]Explore the forest and try to find a way out
[x]Question her on why her ability only works at night

The girl name Renko said that she can tell the time and location if she can see the stars and the moon. However, the sun itself is also a star so you wonder why she cannot use her ‘ability’ in the day as well.

She must have noticed the look that you give her and shrugged her shoulders as she answers your unasked question.

“I don’t know why too. All I know is that I can tell our location immediately at night when I see the moon. The sun doesn’t seem to work as well. I think I have to look directly at it to tell the time but you know that is almost impossible to do so.”

Her answer seems reasonable, but that brings about another question in your mind.

“So you do not know how your powers manifest?”

Renko nodded in response. “It just came about suddenly with no explanation of how it comes about and why it works. It just does and comes naturally like I have used this ability for my whole life.”

She did not seem to be lying. Besides, it is not like she has anything to gain for lying to you on something like this. From the way they moved, you doubt that they have any special training. The fear that they have shown when being confronted by the rhino beast did not look like an act. If it was, then they must be very good actresses then.

“Well, what should we do then?”

Maybe Maribel was uncomfortable with the silence that came about as you are thinking and thus spoke up to change the topic and bring back some life to the group. She brought up a good question as well. Renko’s ability might be able to let you know your position, but since it can only work at night, that means that you will have to navigate out of the forest in the middle of the night. Even if the skies are clear and the moon provides light to guide your way, it is still too dangerous. If the rhino beast that you have encounter is an example of the inhabitants of the forest, then the danger pose for you all to stay in one position and wait till nightfall is too great. In addition, there might be even more dangers at night.

“We should move lest we attract unwanted attention.”

The girls looked at each other, as if they are communicating through their eyes. After a short while, they turn to look at you. It is Renko whom speak up.

“Sure, but in which direction? I don’t want to get even more lost in this forest.”

You nodded to show that you agree with her. Though holding your position might attract attention, wandering aimlessly inside a forest is dangerous as well. Before you can continue on your thoughts, Maribel pointed towards the right side in the horizon.

“Do you see smoke over there? It might be from a chimney of a house. Maybe we should head towards that direction.”

You looked at the direction where Maribel has point to. Indeed, there is smoke rising up. The distance between where you are and the smoke is not that far. Maybe you can all walk towards that direction and might just get lucky and come across a house or a village. However, it might be possible that the smoke is nothing but a hoax or some sort of nature occurrence. It might be a sign of possible forest fire under the sun or even worse, a trap set up by creatures with some intelligence to lure travellers or people lost in the forest. Even if the source of the smoke is from a house or a village, the inhabitants might not be friendly and may be hostile even.

The girls are now looking at you, waiting for your answer. What would it be?

[] Head towards the smoke. Although there are dangers, it is better than just standing in the middle of a forest and wait till night fall. If the inhabitants are hostile, then you would deal with it when the situation arises.
[] Do not head towards the smoke. The possibility of it being a fruitless effort and the dangers of being lead to a trap is too great.
[] Write-ins


Okay, for anyway who have been reading the story, I have decided to continue on writing it. I would appreciate it if you can point out to me my grammar mistakes so that I can improve on it. Thanks.
>> No. 157947
[x] Head towards the smoke. Although there are dangers, it is better than just standing in the middle of a forest and wait till night fall. If the inhabitants are hostile, then you would deal with it when the situation arises.

Better than wandering in the forest.
>> No. 158018
[x] Head towards the smoke. Although there are dangers, it is better than just standing in the middle of a forest and wait till night fall. If the inhabitants are hostile, then you would deal with it when the situation arises.

Makes perfect sense, especially when we can pulverise boars with our own hands
>> No. 158294
[x] Head towards the smoke. Although there are dangers, it is better than just standing in the middle of a forest and wait till night fall. If the inhabitants are hostile, then you would deal with it when the situation arises.

This might be interesting. Show me your worst
>> No. 158300
>I would appreciate it if you can point out to me my grammar mistakes so that I can improve on it.
Okay.

>The girl name Renko
The girl named Renko (Spelling or conjugation, could be either)
>the sun itself is also a star so
the sun itself is also a star, so (use commas)
>She must have noticed ... answers your unasked question.
answered your unasked question (tense)
>do not, did not
Technically correct, but most would use contractions unless very formal/precise.
>then they must be very good actresses then.
then they must be very good actresses. (repetition of then)
>“We should move lest we attract unwanted attention.”
“We should move, lest we attract unwanted attention.” (use commas)
It is Renko whom speak up.
It is Renko who speaks up. (I speak, you speak, she speaks.)
>creatures with some intelligence
Technically correct, but most would say 'intelligent creatures'
>the inhabitants might not be friendly and may be hostile even.
might not be friendly and may even be hostile. (even goes before here.)
>What would it be?
What will it be? (referring to future event)

These aren't all of them, just the first few that jumped out at me. You have huge problems with tense, conjugation, and word order. I'd recommend the writing advice thread in /blue/ if you want to improve.

If writing in English is just really hard for you, there are probably plenty of Touhou fans that speak your native language that would like a story.
>> No. 158303
This is the writer here. Thanks for the advice given. I'll check out the thread and try to improve my writings.