[Return]
Archived Thread

File 13203121731.jpg - (74.65KB , 600x463 , Not Another Underground Thread.jpg ) [iqdb]
148620 No. 148620
TENSHI!

To your amazement, she actually halts her unsteady attempts to grab you, wobbling in place as she tries to maintain her balance.

What.” she says, coldly, her eyes telling you that she is more than willing to make another attempt at hugging your neck with her bare hands. As nice as hugs are, you don't think you would like that particular one very much.
Not at all.

“You did it!” you say, trying your best to let the pride show in your voice. “Good job!”

Strangely, she does not appear at all pleased with your heartfelt congratulation. If anything, it seems to only further confuse and irritate her.

“You're mocking me.”

“No, really! I mean it! It's amazing that you're already on your feet after everything that happened! I'm really impressed!”

“Shut up.”

“I'm serious! I take back everything I said abou-”

Shut up.

With as much effort as she is clearly expending just to remain standing, even you have no problem in picking up on the signs that she was ready take another shot at you. Though you're unsure as to exactly what the Celestial is physically capable of doing to you when still under the effects of the absurd quantities of poison she had been exposed to, you're fairly certain she's at least as strong as your average, delusional ice fairy.

Which is to say, still more than capable of kicking your ass. Hard.

Clearly, you needed to do something, and fast.

From the way you had been avoiding her previous attempts at retaliation, you felt safe in assuming she would expect you to do the same on her next attempt.
She will expect you to try to dodge her, and likely try to compensate for that.

She wants you to retreat, which means only one thing to you; you must attack!

With a single step, you close the distance between the two of you. By the time you see her register your movements, your hand is already in the air, arcing towards your target.

And, sure enough...

Ah?!

That is the only sound she makes as you gently lay your hand down upon her head. At first, anyway.
Unwilling to wait long enough to see how else she might respond, you instead opt to press onward while you still have the advantage. The element of surprise is a fleeting thing, after all, and requires swift and decisive action the reap the greatest benefits.

And reap, you shall.

Opening with a quick series of light pats, you effortlessly transition into a gentle side-to-side movement while gradually working in a slight twist of your wrist. Little by little, bit by bit, you gradually increase the amount of rotation, working your way up towards an optimal level of hair ruffling.

A lesser man might choose to go full-bore right at the beginning, but you are no mere man! You know that anything worth doing is worth doing well, damn it! There will be no half-assed hair rufflings on your watch!

For a moment, your subject is too stunned to react in any meaningful way, but eventually the signs of comprehension begin to appear.. As she starts to quietly mumble something, you wonder what your next move should be...


[ ] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!

[ ] Halt! Stand fast! Hold your ground!

[ ] Full Retreat! Get out of there, damn it! She's about the blow!






-----------------------------------------------


Well. It's official.
It has been exactly one year since the arrival at Casa de Satori.

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

>> No. 148621
>It has been exactly one year since the arrival at Casa de Satori.
And I had fun the entire time! Granted, I would have had fun no matter where we were, but still. Lotta good memories of this underground.

[x] Halt! Stand fast! Hold your ground!

Ruffling accomplished. Now to take our punishment like a man.
>> No. 148622
File 132031375220.jpg - (121.47KB , 495x700 , 33d9bcdb4beeb6acd12e6165998766c7.jpg ) [iqdb]
148622
[x] Full Retreat! Get out of there, damn it! She's about the blow!

Two cases of Yakkity Sax in the same house.

>I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Feels good man.
>> No. 148623
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!

>she is more than willing to make another attempt at hugging your neck with her bare hands
HUG! Strangle! Death! Comfy!
>> No. 148624
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!
Give me ruffles or give me death!
Or both.
I don't mind.
>> No. 148633
File 132032415849.png - (143.91KB , 822x713 , 1294420000735.png ) [iqdb]
148633
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!

Some call it madness, idiocy or just general aimlessness. I call it a way of life.
>> No. 148634
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!

Damnit, you just HAD to reference Khorne.
>> No. 148635
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!
>> No. 148637
[ ] Halt! Stand fast! Hold your ground
>> No. 148638
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!

And later? Hugs for the Hug Throne!
>> No. 148642
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!
>> No. 148648
[ ] Halt! Stand fast! Hold your ground!

Give Tenshi some time to accept this gift. She will be asking for more.
>> No. 148661
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!

FORWARD COMRADES! NOT ONE STEP BACKWARDS! VICTORY OR DEATH!
>> No. 148687
[x] Pull her in for a hug, one hand still ruffling her hair.
>> No. 148794
[x] Onward! Ruffles for the Ruffle God!
>> No. 148817
File 132057334513.jpg - (940.71KB , 1000x3187 , okay now this is just ridiculous.jpg ) [iqdb]
148817
What should you do next?
What should you do?
Isn't it obvious?
It is? Of course!
Really? Really.

That's right. You must do this more. More of this!
Yes! That's it! More of this! More of....wait, more of what?
More of what? More ruffles, of course!
More ruffles? More ruffles.
More ruffles. More ruffles!
More ruffles! MORE RUFFLES!
MORE RUFFLES! FOR THE RUFFLE GOD!
RUFFLES FOR THE RUFFLE GOD!
RUFFLES FOR THE RUFFLE GOD!

You see your target before you.
RUFFLE HER TO THE LAST!
Your hand rests upon her head.
MUSS HER HAIR!
Your motions become stronger. Faster.
BY THE TANGLE THAT WILL NOT COMB OUT!

“I can feel it...”

“..ahh....a-ah?!” Tenshi starts, suddenly breaking out of the ruffle-induced daze she had apparently been in. “W-what the hell ar-”

”Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

“Wha-”

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

“Don't shh me, you-”

SHH! Not now, Tenshi! I feel it!”

“Feel what?!”

“The Warp.”

“The...the what?”

“I feel it overtaking me.”

With an annoyed glare, Tenshi slaps away your ruffling hand.

Big mistake.
BIG MISTAKE



[ ] PET STROKE HUG!
[ ] PET STROKE HUG!
[ ] PET STROKE HUG!








[ ] Voices in My Head

[ ] Crazy Train

[ ] Reflection Room

[ ] Stuck in the Middle With You




-------------------------------------------------------------------------


A bit of a quickie tonight, sorry.
The good news is, a relatively stable schedule for the next two weeks means I might actually be able to work myself back into a decent routine.
>> No. 148818
[X] Voices in My Head

IT IS A GOOOOOD PAIN.
>> No. 148819
[x] Reflection Room

Hyperawareness go!
>> No. 148820
[x] Crazy Train

Even a warped mind can see the odds stacked against it.
>> No. 148823
[x] Voices in My Head

Ruffles! We need ruffles.
>> No. 148825
File 132058234783.gif - (63.74KB , 361x504 , ruffles-original.gif ) [iqdb]
148825
>>148823
Your Ruffles, Sir.

Anyway,
>>148817

[x] Crazy Train
>> No. 148826
File 132058236178.jpg - (31.81KB , 397x327 , Ozzy-Bites-Back.jpg ) [iqdb]
148826
[x] Crazy Train

ALL ABOARD! HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAA!
>> No. 148828
[x] Crazy Train
In for a wild ride.
>> No. 148830
[x] Crazy Train
>> No. 148834
[x] Reflection Room
>> No. 148835
>>148825
Sour Cream & Cheddar are superior.

[x] Crazy Train
>> No. 148836
[X Crazy Train
>> No. 148902
[X] Crazy Train
>> No. 148905
[x] Stuck in the Middle With You
>> No. 148937
[x] Crazy Train
>> No. 149000
File 132074984322.png - (398.50KB , 800x600 , The Ruffling has only just begun.png ) [iqdb]
149000
This will not do.
This will not do at all!
Your hand cries out for the ruffles it was promised!
Why should it be out here, when it could be in the thick of those luscious blue locks?!

“RUFFLES FOR THE RUFFLE GOD!” you scream, lunging towards your quarry.

“W-WHA?!

She is surprised, taken aback by your sudden aggression.
Still off-balance, she topples backwards onto the floor as you descend upon her.

She is helpless.
There is no escape.

Within moments, your hands overflow with azure strands.
You feel the softness overtaking your fingers.
It is a good softness!
You feel the knee overtaking your groin.
It is a good pain!
Except, you know, not really.
But it is not enough!
You need more!
More ruffles!
More sacrifices!

...more?

That's right...
That's right!
There is another!
Another sacrifice!


“Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaarssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~” you say, turning towards your next target.

“Uh, d-darling?”

Yes! Yes!
More sacrifices!
MORE RUFFLES!
mOrE gLoRiOuS CaRnAgE!

“Ah, I t-think I'll just leave you two alo-AHH!



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Su-saaaaaaaan! Su-saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!”
The child cries out for her companion.
Alas, she will find her call falling upon deaf ears.

Unwilling to spend yet another moment within the embrace of that rancid creature, her companion gladly took the chance to flee from the decayed fairy's clutches when it arose.
The child's return to that room provided all the diversion she required to make good her escape, on that account.

Though regrettable that the child should be the one to take her place, her companion comforts herself in the knowledge that the experience will most assuredly impart a valuable, character-building lesson upon the child.

Namely, that if one should thoughtlessly abandon one's most precious and closest of companions, they will pay dearly for their transgression.
After all, it is often the ones most dearest to us who must be handled most harshly.

Even the humans can comprehend such a basic concept.
'Spare the rod, and spoil the child,' was it not?

In any case, the freedom gained has allowed the child's companion to properly compose herself, and reassess their current situation.
In all, the process lasts only a matter of seconds, before her frustration at the sheer absurdity of it all renders her unable to continue., lest she begins to indulge in the various way in which she might relieve said frustration.

...or so the child's companion would like to believe, until she realizes just how many inhabitants of these damnable caves are somehow impervious to the most potent toxins she and the child are able to muster.

She does not like that.

It's absurd! To think, that there could be so many things in the world that can so easily resist one of the most ancient and proven methods of separating a mortal's soul from their body, and most of them congregating within such a small area!

Were the majority of them not so simple to render docile, they would almost be a threat!

That bizarre fairy, however, is a different matter altogether.
Though non-hostile, it is no less an irritant.
The gall of it, laying its clawed hands upon them as if they were mere toys!
Holding them! Cuddling them!
The indignity! The insolence!

As if any creature were worthy of laying so much as a finger upon either of them, let alone ten of those flexing meat-sticks!
Yet, here this creature was, rubbing its meat against them!
That filthy, rotten meat!
Not that such a thing would be any better, nor less revolting, if the meat were fresh.
It was simply the principle of the thing!

If any creature was to do what they did, they should at least have the basic decency to properly beg for the privilege, first!
Not that she would consent with just that, of course.
One must be mindful of such things, after all.
It would simply not do to appear as if she had no standards.

After a week of heartfelt prostration, perhaps, she might be willing to entertain the notion.
But not a second less!
Not unless she happened to be in a particularly good mood, in which case he might simply have to-

She.
Yes, right, she.
That creature appears to be female, does it not?

Not 'he'.
'He' who?
There is no 'he' to speak of.
Certainly not.
Certainly not that buffoon.
What could be taking him so long, anyway?
Not that she cares, of course.
Why should she?
What that imbecilic meat-sack chooses to do is of no concern to her.
Certainly not.
Why should she care what he does with those other creatures?
Those useless, inferior life-forms?
It's only right that he commingle with his fellow inferior beings!
It is only because the child is so fond of him that she even has any reason to concern herself with his continued survival.
She certainly wouldn't worry about him, otherwise.
Not at all.
Even if she were, by some strange miracle, that certainly wouldn't have anything to do with why she was currently making her way to where the child left him.
Not at all

Not at-

“...ah ha ha! I almost got ya, ya little-”

“...-ss Hoshiguma! Please! Those are fairies, not-”

The not-so distant sounds of those other fools rampaging about compels the child's companion to quicken her pace.
Not because she is worried, or any other ridiculous thing such as that.

She merely wishes to be away from this wretched place, and do it before that fool can once again place himself in mortal peril or acquire yet another exhibit for their ever-growing menagerie of useless life-forms.

Just as she reaches the door, however, the child's companion hears a strange sound...


[ ] DEFENSE mode – The best defense is a good offense!

[ ] ATTACK mode – The best offense is even better offense!

[ ] EXTERMINATION mode – Kill them all, let the Yama sort them out!

[ ] EVASION mode – It's not a retreat, it's a tactical withdrawal!
>> No. 149001
[x] DEFENSE mode – The best defense is a good offense!

Don't want to gas anyone.

We'll be leaving soon, Su-san. Have to ruffle first.
>> No. 149005
[x] EXTERMINATION mode – Kill them all, let the Yama sort them out!

There's a dirty, neutral, ruffle-loving spirit that needs fumigating in there. Nothing's too good for ruffle-lovers.
>> No. 149008
[x] EVASION mode – It's not a retreat, it's a tactical withdrawal!
"We are advancing in the other direction!"
>> No. 149010
[x] DEFENSE mode – The best defense is a good offense!
>> No. 149011
[x] EVASION mode – It's not a retreat, it's a tactical withdrawal!

fuck yes
>> No. 149014
[X] EXTERMINATION mode – Kill them all, let the Yama sort them out!

These people don't seem to die when they are killed, so it's all okay
>> No. 149019
[x] DEFENSE mode – The best defense is a good offense!

At this point I think Su-san may be my favorite.
>> No. 149021
[x] DEFENSE mode – The best defense is a good offense!
>> No. 149103
[X] EXTERMINATUS – When you absolutly, positivly have to kill every single motherfucker on the planet, except no substitutes. The Yama will sort them out.
>> No. 149138
[x] OFFENSE MODE

I'm pretty sure pissing against the tide is,offensive, to the fish if nothing else.
>> No. 149177
File 132091991947.jpg - (50.99KB , 750x750 , Eeheeheeheeheehee.jpg ) [iqdb]
149177
What is that sound?

Though the open crack in the door, she hears what she recognizes to be the voice of that fool's would-be assassin!

...that diseased harlot!

“...ah, I t-think I'll just leave you two alo-AHH!

As distasteful as she finds any sound emitted by that scurrilous tart that does not involve the wench painfully gasping for air as she desperately claws at her throat, she is somewhat surprised to hear alarm in the strumpet's voice, tinged with just the tiniest smidgen of fear.

This pleases her.

Oh yes, it does.

But why? What could cause such a reaction?
It matters not.
The fool could have suddenly acquired some degree of sense, and saw fit to exact retribution for the attempt on his life with his own two meat-ridden hands.

Unlikely.

What a marvelous development that would be though, she thinks.

Whatever the reason may be, however, it is irrelevant in the current situation.
Something is happening within that room, and she knows she must be ready to act.
Ending it would be as simple as unleashing a potent mist of toxins into the room as she enters, but she thinks it best to restrain herself.

When faced with danger, the most basic instinct of any animal is to either fight or flee, in the hopes that they might stave off their inevitable demise.
It is a logical reaction, she supposes, even if they are both equally futile when the danger in question is a dense cloud of deadly neurotoxins engulfing the animal's head and following its every movement.

Of course, now was not the time for her to 'wax nostalgic'.

If the treacherous strumpet within was, indeed, fearful of something, there was a good chance she might attempt to escape.

Why seek out a target when they are more than willing to bring themselves to you?

Drawing herself back from the door, she prepares a wonderful gift for anyone who might come out.
Nothing terribly elaborate, of course. The day was still young, and there was no telling how many more creatures would require education regarding the effects of poison on their nervous system, and why they should avoid doing things that result in them getting poison in their nervous system.

No, a small spray to the face should be more than sufficient.
Quick, clean, and efficient.

Only vaguely aware of another sound from somewhere down the hall, she braces herself as the door swings open, and...


[ ] Tip of the Spear

[ ] Eye of the Storm

[ ] Hilt of the Sword
>> No. 149179
[x] Eye of the Storm

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaalm. Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalm.
>> No. 149192
[x] Eye of the Storm

If Su-san keeps poisoning people in other people's homes she might be considered a bad girl.
>> No. 149211
[x] Eye of the Storm
>> No. 149241
[x] Tip of the Spear
>> No. 149265
[X] Hilt of the Sword

Susan reminds me of GlaDOS right now.
"It was a morality chip they installed in me to stop me from flooding the test center with a deadly neurotoxin, after I flooded the test center with a deadly neurotoxin.
Now, please make yourself comfortable while I warm up the toxin emitters."
>> No. 149280
[X] Eye of the Storm
>> No. 149281
[X] Eye of the Storm
>> No. 149282
>>149280
>>149281

These two might be duplicates, as I was having some trouble wit 'Out of Memory' Errors.
>> No. 149284
[x] Eye of the Storm
I hate you so much
>> No. 149354
File 132103643024.jpg - (23.83KB , 373x375 , why do you say things you know will hurt you.jpg ) [iqdb]
149354
>>149284
Well, that's not very nice.
>> No. 149371
[x] Tip of the Spear
>> No. 149529
File 132117967920.jpg - (537.26KB , 800x600 , the world needs more rikako pictures.jpg ) [iqdb]
149529
“...ahahhahAHAHAHahahaha...”

“...oishi that's enough will you please sto...”

...annnnd there they go again.

I am unsure as to what I find more impressive; that Miss Oni doesn't sound as if she is causing as much damage as she possibly could, or that Satori is actually keeping pace with her.
Even in a confined space such as those halls, I cannot imagine that is an easy task, even with the advantage of flight.

While I believe the polite thing to do would have been to offer some assistance, I doubt I would really be of much assistance in subduing a youkai whose species is known for being strong even by youkai standards.

Not without ample preparation and more materials than I have on-hand at this moment, at least.

Augh, that princess!
Taking my clothes was, all in all, not that big of a deal.
My chemicals on the other hand...

I can't believe she even drained the fuel out of my rockets!

Well, no, I can believe that.
Because that is precisely what she did.
She drained them dry and, if those vibrations I felt through the walls were any indication, she ignited them.

It's no wonder I could feel the explosion through the walls.
That particular mixture did have quite a kick to it.

Not that I would fault anyone for indulging in the pleasures of exothermic chemical reactions.
Indeed, there is something about the combustion process that is almost, dare I say, alluring.

Still, no matter what the scientific pursuit, there are some basic principles that one must always adhere to!
Namely, not taking what is not yours and lighting them on fire to see what makes the largest explosion! Even if that is the purpose of the experiment!

Oh well. What's done is done.
There's no point dwelling upon the setbacks of the past when you have the problems of tomorrow to contend with, after all.

Or, today, as the case may be...

“...most got ya, ya little bottles of...””

“...-ma! Please! Those are fairies, not-”

...assuming we ever leave here, that is.

Barely past breakfast, and we've already had at least two near-deaths, one sudden disappearance, and now a chase.

As gracious a hostess as she's been, I honestly wouldn't blame Satori if she felt some degree of relief at out departure, and required the next week or two to recuperate from the experience of our visit.

As for us...hm...


[ ] Characterization

[ ] Hypotheses

[ ] Predictions
>> No. 149538
[x] Hypotheses

>As gracious a hostess as she's been, I honestly wouldn't blame Satori if she felt some degree of relief at out departure, and required the next week or two to recuperate from the experience of our visit.

Poor Satorin. I wonder if having sex in the dining room was too much for her.
>> No. 149539
>>149538

Did she even notice it? You'd guess she would have scolded Koishi, or tried to prevent such thing from happening.

[ ] Hypotheses
>> No. 149540
>>149539

Maybe, but she probably figured it out when she saw Koishi's stained panties on a plate.
>> No. 149541
[x] Characterization

I have no idea what this means but more characterization = more better.
>> No. 149542
[x] Characterization
>> No. 149543
[x] Predictions
>> No. 149544
[x] Characterization
Poor Satori just wants some peace.
>> No. 149549
[x] Hypotheses
>> No. 149564
>>149541

Probably Asakura's description of the group, while predictions is about them leaving the undergound and finally facing Yuuka. Hipotheses, I have no idea. Maybe trying to figure out how the hell everybody is still together, or just what the hell is wrong with the MC.
>> No. 149584
File 132124503841.jpg - (213.71KB , 500x500 , EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.jpg ) [iqdb]
149584
>>149564
Yup, pretty much.
>> No. 149599
[x] Hypotheses
When the local smart person tries to figure out the crazy people, it's always fun.
>> No. 149632
[x] Hypotheses
>> No. 149740
File 132147827260.png - (135.96KB , 600x600 , I can't think of a good file name for this.png ) [iqdb]
149740
...all in all, I am still uncertain as to what to make of this little band I've become involved with, to say nothing of our predicament.

A human, a living doll that hates humans, a Celestial, and a fai-

Oh, right.

Well, that's one of us is off the hook, I suppose.
With any luck, that ice fairy won't even remember what happened down here.

Quite a convenient aspect of fairy life, really.
Make a fatal mistake? Poof!
Next thing you know, you're alive again.
No injuries, no pain, no scarring, no emotional trauma...
Just you, and all the parts of you that are supposed to be there.

It's no wonder why they can be so bold and carefree.
It's easy to act without regard for personal safety and survival when there is no need to worry about such things to begin with.

Such a shame humans cannot do the same.
I can only imagine how much more could be done in the lab when safety is no longer a concern.
No need to worry about blowing myself up, or releasing a toxic and highly-flammable cloud of semi-sentient gas into the room, or blowing myself up while attempting to destroy the highly-flammable cloud of semi-sentient gas.

Poor Cloudy...

...in any case, I believe I just may have to investigate this idea once this current matter is resolved.

That does, however, beg the question of how this matter might be resolved.

I have no doubt that our youkai pursuer will be quick to find us once we return to the surface. If she was more than willing to spend half a day tracking them down after whatever Hinanai first did to her, it seems unlikely that she would be any more forgiving of having an untested device cobbled together from alien technology detonated on her.

Why didn't it work?

...well, of course, there was no guarantee it would work.
That's what happens when you forgo any and all semblance of procedure, and just start throwing Science at the wall to see what sticks.

Ah, if only I could have access to those parts under different circumstances.
A complete set would have been even better, but that would probably be asking for too much.

Still, even without the key components, I was sure that there should have been some effect.
Did I miscalculate something? Or...


No, no, this line of thought is not going to accomplish anything.
If one wishes to know if a desired effect has been achieved, the best way to accomplish that is through direct observation.

Even if something has, indeed, happened as a result of that device, what then?
Would that youkai be any less of a threat?

Unlikely, even if it had the exact effect that was intended.

Shrinking, wasn't it? Making her smaller, in some way?
Some form of age-regression would be the most likely means of such an effect manifesting.

So, if that device had done what it was intended to do, our youkai “friend” would be not only smaller than we last saw her, but younger-looking as well.

She would, however, still be a youkai.
Still powerful, and thus, still dangerous.
Very, very dangerous.

After all, even the most child-like of youkai are capable of acts that are physically impossible for humans. Their size has relatively little, if anything, to do with their level of strength.

Ultimately, it does not matter what they are capable of, but how willing they are to do it.

In a way, we may be better off if the device really did fail to have any effect.
She may still harbor animosity towards us for the incident, but it would be nothing compared to what she would harbor towards us for forcing such a change upon her.

...that none of us would have any means of reversing the process, nor any idea of how to even accomplish such a thing, would not help matters, I suspect.

She certainly wouldn't be satisfied with a couple duels and talking things out over a cup of tea, to say the least.


Lacking a means of rectifying the situation, we can at least attempt to not further exacerbate it.
Or, so I would hope.

Unfortunately, both he and Hinanai appear to excel at doing precisely that.

Heh. They have that much in common, at least.

Hinanai can probably take care of herself, but that guy?
I am honestly baffled as to how anyone like that could live as long as he has.
As far as I have seen, he possesses no powers, no magical abilities, no knowledge of any means of self-defense beyond a self-professed expertise in throwing rocks, and exhibits little inclination towards any form of self-preservation.

Were he to simply reside in the village, that may not be a problem, but that does not appear to be the case for him.

How, then, does one such as him survive?
Relying upon throwing blunt objects isn't likely to significantly contribute to his survivability in the long run. Any damage caused would be negligible to just about anything besides ordinary animals, other humans, and possibly fairies.
Running would also be of little use, as just about everything and everyone here is capable of flight in some form or another.

So, how does he do it?

...well, how does he manage to befriend a poisonous doll that hates humans? Or an ill-tempered Celestial? Or an Oni?

For that matter, how did he get me to agree to risk invoking the wrath of a youkai who, up to that point, was apparently only after Hinanai?

Sure, I was glad to be free, and was eager for any chance to do something after being confined for all that time, but why that?
Why choose to involve myself in a conflict in which I had no part?

At the time, I really had not thought anything was unusual about that, but now that I've had some time to think about it...

Yes, this is most unusual.

Were it just myself, I could easily attribute this to my own lack of judgment following a prolonged period of isolation and imprisonment combined with an overwhelming sense of gratitude towards those who were at least partially responsible for my release.

He has managed to get a being who, by all appearances, utterly despises humans to somehow not wish to harm him.
If anything, she appears to practically adore him.

Speaking of which...


“Ah, are you alright, over there?”

Mm'fine.

“Need any help?”

No.


...oh well.
I am not sure why she came back here after slipping away, but as soon as she did, that little zombified fairy wasted no time in pouncing on her.

She does not appear to be harming her in any way, fortunately, but the little doll does not look at all pleased with the arrangement.

It's almost cute, in a way, how she seems to be sulking while the fairy is cuddling her.

[ ] Still, perhaps I should help her, after all?

[ ] Nah, let the little one have her fun.




[ ] Now, where was I...?

[ ] Actually, I am curious about what is going on in the hallway...


--------------------------------------------


Sorry for the delay. I got a little ill.
I would like to say things will become less sporadic, but given the season we're heading into, that's not too likely.

Still, I'll do what I can, when I can.
>> No. 149741
Intermittent reward get!
[x] Still, perhaps I should help her, after all?
[x] Now, where was I...?

Stubborn doll. Accept help from your sworn enemy, already.
Distractions got in the way of teaching Medicine. I don't wanna see them get in the way of Rikako using her brain.
>> No. 149742
[x] Still, perhaps I should help her, after all?
[x] Now, where was I...?
>> No. 149743
[x] Still, perhaps I should help her, after all?
[x] Now, where was I...?
>> No. 149744
[x] Still, perhaps I should help her, after all?
[x] Now, where was I...?
>> No. 149745
[x] Nah, let the little one have her fun.
[x] Now, where was I...?
>> No. 149748
[x] Nah, let the little one have her fun.
[x] Now, where was I...?

Have a heart. Poor little Witch Fairy just wants to cuddle.
>> No. 149765
>>149748

I don't like her.

[x] Still, perhaps I should help her, after all?
[x] Now, where was I...?
>> No. 149777
[x] Nah, let the little one have her fun.
[x] Actually, I am curious about what is going on in the hallway...

Too cute
>> No. 149811
File 132160187616.jpg - (158.59KB , 288x900 , let's solve this problem scientifically.jpg ) [iqdb]
149811
I'm not sure I should do this.

Not that I'm afraid, or anything of the sort.

What is there to be afraid of?

It's just a sentient, poison-emitting doll who has displayed little else but hostility towards me, and an a possibly unstable fairy whose existence is an anomaly among anomalies, and who appears less than willing to release her captive.

As docile as she appears now, I still cannot help but feel wary of those claws.

I should just stay here.

Right here, in this chair.

Read this paper. Sip my tea.

Just stay here.

Stay here.

Don't get up.

Don't get up.

Why am I getting up?

Just sit back down.

Sit-

Don't go over there.
Don't go over.
Don't do it.

They don't want your help.
Just stay out of it, Rikako.

Stay out of it, and stay out of trouble.

Just stay in your seat and wait for Satori to-

“...ahahahahahahAHAHahahahaaaaaa...”

“...-umi if you don't stop I'll will have to resort to- LOOK OUT!


Right.

Well then.

So much for waiting for Satori.

Still, perhaps it would be best if I just oh look, I'm already next to them.

Well, now what?


[ ] First principles. Observe and assess the situation. Attempt to establish rapport with the subjects. It all starts with the question.

[ ] Irrelevant. Problem obvious. Move right on to constructing hypothetical solutions. What do we have to work with? The right supplies make all the difference.

[ ] Unnecessary. On-hand materials shall suffice. Begin initial testing with simple contact, analyze result, and proceed as necessary.

[ ] Oh, balls to this. Just reach over and grab the little thiyeah, that is so not happening.
>> No. 149813
[x] First principles. Observe and assess the situation. Attempt to establish rapport with the subjects. It all starts with the question.
>> No. 149816
[X] Irrelevant. Problem obvious. Move right on to constructing hypothetical solutions. What do we have to work with? The right supplies make all the difference.


Yeah, problems don't get much more obvious than this.
>> No. 149823
>So much for waiting for Satori.
Heh.

[x] Irrelevant. Problem obvious. Move right on to constructing hypothetical solutions. What do we have to work with? The right supplies make all the difference.

Oh man, i love this already.
>> No. 149824
[x] Irrelevant. Problem obvious. Move right on to constructing hypothetical solutions. What do we have to work with? The right supplies make all the difference.
>> No. 149834
[x] First principles. Observe and assess the situation. Attempt to establish rapport with the subjects. It all starts with the question.

You can't skip directly to the hypothesis! You will regret this!
>> No. 149850
[x] First principles
>> No. 149853
[x] Irrelevant. Problem obvious. Move right on to constructing hypothetical solutions. What do we have to work with? The right supplies make all the difference.
Peace! (Through superior intellect)
>> No. 149854
[X] First principles. Observe and assess the situation. Attempt to establish rapport with the subjects. It all starts with the question.

Scientific method is not there to be ignored, thank you.
>> No. 149858
Yeah, Rikako thinks the fairy is the problem, when really she's sad that we ignored her. Probably~
>> No. 149860
[ ] Irrelevant. Problem obvious. Move right on to constructing hypothetical solutions. What do we have to work with? The right supplies make all the difference.
>> No. 149867
[X] First principles. Observe and assess the situation. Attempt to establish rapport with the subjects. It all starts with the question.
>> No. 149883
[X] First principles. Observe and assess the situation. Attempt to establish rapport with the subjects. It all starts with the question.

Science makes the Universe go round.

Magic just makes it turn.
>> No. 149899
File 132178066564.jpg - (121.06KB , 429x429 , this is my SCIENCE face.jpg ) [iqdb]
149899
Well, I'm here. There is no getting around that, now.

Alright, then. Let's just think for a moment.
What am I dealing with, here?

Well, beyond the blatantly obvious, of course.

The little automaton that doesn't like me very much is being cuddled by a little undead fairy, and she does not appear the like that very much, either.

It is probably quite safe to assume that the doll would desire release from her miniature captor.

Therein lies the real problem.

If the doll wished to escape, and possessed the means of doing so, she would surely have done so by now.

Yet, she has not.
She does not appear to be putting up even a hint of resistance, as if she has resigned herself to this fate.

Why, though?

Well, one possibility is that she does not actually object to her situation, but I somehow doubt that is the case.

The only other explanation, then, is that she does not attempt to free herself because she cannot.

Once again, the question is why?

Granted, she does not appear to posses the superhuman strength that other youkai of her build would possess, but fairies are not generally known to be capable of overpowering anything.

...well, recent incidents providing evidence to the contrary notwithstanding.

Honestly, how did that even happen?

Oh, right. This little one was there, wasn't she?
Shame she does not appear to be the talkative type.
Hearing how last night's events unfolded from a first-hand observer would have been enlightening, to say the least.

Ah, but I mustn't allow my mind to wander.

Even if the doll is not particularly strong, that fairy is smaller than she is.
Keeping hold of that smaller doll would be no trouble for her, but a body of greater size and mass should naturally pose a greater challenge.

A little applied force and leverage in the right spot should be all that the doll would need to pry those little arms off.

Then again, those claws may be serving as a deterrent.

I'm actually surprised that there seems to be no signs of scratches or tears on the doll's body.
Either she is more resilient than she looks, or that little fairy is remarkably careful about how she handles things.

Perhaps they are not retractable?
Probable.
Having what amounts to small, sharp blades on your fingertips on a constant basis would certainly necessitate a degree of adaptation to ensure they do not interfere with your daily activities.

Alright, then. The objective seems clear.
Remove the fairy from the doll, while minimizing any possible damage to either of them.

Or myself, naturally.

I'm already hurting enough from...

...huh.
I'm not.

Odd.

Well, far be it for me to object to a quick recovery.

Getting back to the matter at hand, what would be the best means of accomplishing this task?

Manual removal
No way. That little fairy looks quite contented where she is, and I cannot imagine any attempt to force her away from her new snuggle buddy will have anything but a detrimental effect on her mood.

No, if this is going to happen, one of those two will have to become involved in the process.

Perhaps the doll could do something?
Of course, with the look she's been giving me, she may not be willing to cooperate, even if it's for her own benefit.

That may be a challenge, in and of itself.

It would certainly be convenient if the fairy gave up on her own.
Perhaps if she were asked to let the doll go, she would do so?

There just couldn't be an easy way to do this, could there?

Of course not.

Still, it's not like I have many other options, and I have to start somewhere...



[ ] Focus on the doll. Surely she can be made to see reason? Right?

[ ] Focus on the fairy. She's in a good mood, and you outrank her on the food chain. How hard could this be?

[ ] Seek outside assistance. A lab partner is never a bad thing to have. Especially if something could possibly explode.
>> No. 149900
[x] Focus on the doll. Surely she can be made to see reason? Right?

>reason
hahhaa. Sure. This will be fun. in a sadistic way.
>> No. 149901
[x] Seek outside assistance. A lab partner is never a bad thing to have. Especially if something could possibly explode.
>> No. 149902
[x] Focus on the doll. Surely she can be made to see reason? Right?

Rikako gonna get gassed.
>> No. 149909
[ ] Focus on the fairy. She's in a good mood, and you outrank her on the food chain. How hard could this be?
>> No. 149951
[x] Seek outside assistance. A lab partner is never a bad thing to have. Especially if something could possibly explode.

She just needs to find him.
>> No. 149982
File 132195698957.png - (222.18KB , 647x906 , nothing like a morning jog.png ) [iqdb]
149982
“Er...excuse me?”


The little fairy is not responsive.
Almost reminds me of a kitten that's just discovered catnip.

Oh well, at least I tried.
Somewhat.
That just leaves...


“Ah, Med-”

What.


Well, she's responding to me, at least.
Now to see if I can get this ball rolling...


“Oh, I was just wondering if-”

No.


At least let me finish what I was going to say!
Sheesh.
No sense beating around the bush with her, obviously.


“Look, Medi, it's cle-”

Medicine.


Oh boy...


“Right, sorry. Medicine. It's clear you aren't happy with your current, ah, 'situation'.”


...did she just roll her eyes at me?
I think the little brat just rolled her eyes at me.


“Alright, fine, that's stating the obvious. But do you really want to stay like that?”

“Of course not!”

Shhh!/i] Not so loud, or you might agitate your little 'friend' there.”

“She's not my-”

...rrrrrrgghhh...


Oh, this just gets better and better.
I had a feeling this wouldn't be as simple as just prying the little fairy's arms off, and care would obviously have to be taken to not provoke her during the process, but what happens after she's off?

This will all be pointless if she just latches back onto the doll the second she's let loose, but I'm not certain I would be capable of restraining her without at least one of us getting harmed.
If nothing else, she might not respond well to be held by a relative stranger.

If only...

Oh, of course!


“H-huh?! He-hey! Where are you-”

“...hrrrrrrnnngh...”

Shh. Just relax, I think I know something that might help. Just wait there, I'll be right back.”


...not that she has much of a choice in the matter.
I believe she may have just muttered something to that effect, as well, but no matter.
Are they still out in the...ah, yes. Here they come.


“...bwahahAHAHAHAHA YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIiiiiiiiiive...”
“..-old you thIS ISN'T A GAME WILL YOU ALL PLEAse stop running arou...”
“.....arling I said I wAS SORRY WHY ARE YOU DOIng this...”
“......y the EYE-BALL THAT BLINKS IN ALL THE DARK PLACes...i
“...I'll blink your balls you loopy bastard!


...and there they...go.

Great.

The oni had what looked like that little doll on her face while running from Satori, who is being followed by that bridge woman, who is being chased by that guy, who is being chased by a flying Hinanai with a glowing sword.

I think closing the door sounds like a good idea.

Yeah, that is most certainly the best course of action at this time.

Just clooooose the door.
There we go.


“Hey! Lady! What's happening? I heard the Human!”

“Ah? Well, yes, that certainly appeared to be...him. Out there.”


What was with him, though?
He's certainly had his outbursts before, but this seemed different.


“Well? Why is everybody yelling? Is Su-san with him?”


'Su-san'? The little doll?


“Er, yes. I believe she was there, as well.”

“Well? What were they doing?”

“...I am not sure how to answer that.”

They're getting all sticky and sweaty and panting for air~!


That voice...


“Koishi?”

I think they might need to take a bath, they're so sweaty and sticky~! Sweaty and sticky and needing to bathe~! Do you think that? I think I do~! They'll save on the water bills by doing it all together~!


Yep. Koishi.
Where is she, though?
Clearly inside the room, but...where?


“Yes, Koishi. It does usually make sense to clean oneself after working up a sweat.”

Sis is so cute when she's all hot and bothered~.


I'm not sure that means what...wait, what am I doing?
Allowing myself to get distracted is not going to solve anything

Then again...


“Say, Koishi?”

Koishi~!

“Right. Koishi, I was just wondering...”

Hmmmmmmm~?




[ ] Take the direct approach, perhaps Koishi will...wait, what am I saying?

[ ] Time to employ a little reverse-psychology! Sometimes you have to pull when you want to push.

[ ] First thing's first, where is she? Time to play a little hide-and-seek!

[ ] No. Just no. Forget it. I'll figure something else out. But nobody likes a quitter~!
>> No. 149983
[X] Take the direct approach, perhaps Koishi will...wait, what am I saying?
>> No. 149993
[X] Take the direct approach, perhaps Koishi will...wait, what am I saying?
>> No. 149995
[x] First thing's first, where is she? Time to play a little hide-and-seek!

This should prove to be interesting.
>> No. 149996
[x] Time to employ a little reverse-psychology! Sometimes you have to pull when you want to push.

I would wager an even better method would be redirection rather than fully stop huggings. Rikako, for example. A good target, and would object less.
>> No. 150001
[x] Time to employ a little reverse-psychology! Sometimes you have to pull when you want to push.

Koishi would never deny someone hugs.
>> No. 150004
[x] First thing's first, where is she? Time to play a little hide-and-seek!
>> No. 150067
So, we're currently stuck with a three-way tie.
Related to Koishi.

A three-way tie.
With Koishi.

Three-way.
Koishi.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say someone was trying to tell me something.
Well, something aside from "stop making choices that are so easy to get tied".

Damned if I know what it could be, though.
Anyway, I'll get to figuring out how to work this update, and hopefully have something before I turn in.
>> No. 150072
File 132203552838.png - (477.20KB , 700x700 , 16324190.png ) [iqdb]
150072
>Koishi three-way
Yes!
>> No. 150081
File 132204606859.png - (932.91KB , 800x838 , they can't see me I can't see them.png ) [iqdb]
150081
“Perhaps you would be willing to...”

“Tooooooo~?”

“Well...no, I do not suppose you would.”

“Wood~!”

“Oh? You would?”

“Ehehe~. Wood~.”

“Really? Well then, this will be-”

“Say it again~!”

“Er, say what again?”

“Wood~!”

“Would?”

“Say it sloooow~!”

“...we're not talking about the same thing, are we, Koishi?”

“Aren't we~?”


Probably not~
Probably knot~
Knot Rot~
Shot Spot~
Spot the difference in the two~four~one
Sale ends Sunday and ev'ry other day~



“I don't know, Koishi. I was talking about possibly helping with something.”

“Helping is helpful~.”

“Yes, it certainly is.”


Where is she looking, I wonder~? I wonder~?
Over and under and up and down and round and round and round we go~
Is she looking for something?
I think she's looking for something.
I think that's what I think I would think, I think~!
But what~? What what what~
Rikakokakokokokakatatas~



“...what?”


Oh~?
I think I said that thought that I thought I was thinking I thought only I wasn't thinking because the thought words went and flew out my head and in my mouth and out into the air and the sky of the room in the house like little birdies let out of their cage because I opened the door so they could go swimming because I forgot that they don't do that.

Why don't they do that?
I think they should do that.



“Don't you think so~?”

“I...don't know what I would be thinking about.”

“I think so~!”

“I-is that so?”


So that is~
So says the one who goes bump in the night in the middle of the day and likes big hunks of meat but not in that way but the other which is okay if you're into that sort of thing~
She's so silly

She gets lots of wood.
Right in her face.

She's so lewd~.



Ahem. In any case, would you be interested in helping me with something, Koishi?”

“Doing favors~?”

“Er, if you want to put it like that, sure. Call it a favor.”

“Scratch your back and you scratch mine~?”

“Well, sure. If there is anything you would like for me to-...wait.”

“While screaming your name and my name and my sister's name and his name and her name but not too loud because you need to use your indoor voice indoors and in floors and in stores or else they kick you out for-”

“Koishi?”

“-etting they say no shoes and no shirt and no service but say nothing about pants and skirts and underwear which is really their fault for not saying what they want to say instead of saying what they said they-”

“Koishi.”

“-on't even care you don't have any other place to go because everywhere else kicked you out but not really because you can just go back in and they can't do anything about it and that's why I don't wear any-”

Koishi!

“-ear because it's just so much more comfortable and HEY SIS~!”


“...eh?”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Satori? I didn't hear-


“Yes, Miss Asakura, I am here, and I imagine you would not have.”

And the others? If you're here, then...

“Yes, the others are currently...composing themselves.”


'Composing'?
From her tone, I can only imagine I'm better off not knowing what she means by that.

That card in her hand is probably related, though.


“Mm. Indeed. Now then, Koishi?”

“Mmmmmmyeeeeeeees~?”

“Where were you?”

“Here~!”

Before 'here', Koishi. Where were you?”

“There~!”

“Doing what, Koishi?”

“Running and flying and-”

Before that?”

“-iding and seeking and getting your surprise ready for when-”

Koishi.

“...Sis?”


What's going on?
Sure, it's only natural that she would be a little stressed and short of patience after something like that, but...


“It's not that. Koishi? Koishi, are you still here?”

“...yeah.”

“Good. Now, please, listen. I need you to tell me the truth, right now. I promise, I won't be mad, but this is very important. Can you do that for me? Please?”

“...h'okay.”

“Good. Now, when you were with Miss Hoshiguma, were you with her the whole time?”

“Um...I thiiiiiiiiiink so...”

“Are you sure? You didn't go anywhere else?”

“Here~?”

Aside from here, Koishi.”

“Ummmm...nope~! Nope~ nope~ nope~!”

Oh no...


What? What happened?


“Miss Asakura, I am afraid we have a problem.”





[ ] Crash Victim

[ ] Eye Witness

[ ] First Responder

[ ] Ambulance Chaser



-------------------------------------------

>>150072
Don't get your hopes up just yet.
If such a thing is to happen, it won't be where you are now.

Where might it happen, then?
I have an idea or two, but you have to actually get there, first.
Though, I can't guarantee you'll like what you find.
>> No. 150083
Beavis & (a really nice) Butthead Do Gensokyo

[x] First Responder
>> No. 150084
File 132204860224.jpg - (175.43KB , 850x1133 , 645a41a624f98a4c32e4aa2492e89618.jpg ) [iqdb]
150084
[x] First Responder

Shit is going down, son.
>you have to actually get there, first
Would it be some kind of Utena thing?
>> No. 150090
[x] First Responder

I'm not sure what this vote is for and don't care enough to not go with the flow.
>Though, I can't guarantee you'll like what you find.
I'm used to liking your writing. Inertia~
>> No. 150092
[x] Eye Witness
>> No. 150093
[x] Eye Witness

Yuuka get tired of waiting?
>> No. 150096
this story is two part insanity and one part hell on wheels. (no pun intended)
>> No. 150114
[X] Hit-and-runner.
>> No. 150123
[X] Eye Witness

Why do I love your Koishi so?
>> No. 150140
File 132221621561.jpg - (270.32KB , 800x600 , nobody knows the trouble I've seen.jpg ) [iqdb]
150140
A problem?

Or, rather, another problem?

As common as such things have shown themselves to be as far as certain individuals are concerned, I cannot fathom what else could occur that would possibly merit such a look of concern.


“Mm, I am sorry, but explanations shall have to wait. Koishi, come.”

“Okaaaaaaaaaaay~! C'mon li'l Pokey~! We're going for walkies~!”


Pokey? Who, or what, is...

...wait. Is that...?


Was she holding that fairy the whole time?!


“Miss Asakura.”


Oh, right, right.

Well, one less thing to worry about, I suppose.

As for the doll...

“Miss Medicine? Are you coming?”

“...h-huh? Wha...?”

“The fairy's gone, something happened, we're following Satori.”

“...huh?”

“Ah, forget it. Just come along, okay?”

“Don't tell me what to do, human.

“I'm not-...ugh, fine. Do as you wish.”


...little brat.


“Huh? H-hey! Where are you going?! Hey!”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK
CATCH DRINK CATCH DRINK
RUNNING DRINK CATCH IT
CATCH IT CATCH IT CATCH IT
MUST CATCH IT GOTTA CATCH IT
DRINK IT CATCH IT DRINK IT
CATCH IT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TRYING TO RUN YOU CAN'T RUN
DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK



I call out to her again, yet my voice does not reach her ears.

Koishi, why? Why must you do these things?

Though I should be grateful she was not simply left in my bedroom like the others, setting her loose in the halls is hardly a preferable alternative!

Still, I had not anticipated that she would be influenced so easily.

A natural consequence of their straightforward nature, no doubt.

Perhaps it would be best if I refrain from explaining the details of what happened unless asked.
She would not appreciate the answer.


DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK
GOTTA DRINK IT
GOTTA DRINK IT
DRINK IT ALL AHAHAHA
WHERE'S THAT LITTLE RUNT WHEN YA NEED HER
SHE NEEDS TO DRINK THIS TOO
DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK HAHAHAHAHAHA DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK
DRINK DRI
why is heREALLY starting tososhe's doing so well tO tOuCH aNdNK DRINK DRINK


It would seem those three doing well enough, though Miss Hinanai seems to be growing aggravated.
Mizuhashi seems to have stabilized herself, at least
How regrettable that she would decline in such a way. She did not appear to harbor quite so much malice when we first arrived.
If she did, it was not nearly so prevalent in her consciousness.

...but what was that?
Were those his thoughts?
Something about them felt distorted. Warped.
I thought I had just imagined it before, but...

No, I must focus on halting Miss Hoshiguma first.
Then I can worry about how else Koishi has affected her would-be suitor.

...if only she would hear me when I call out to her.
Miss Hoshiguma is just far too enraptured in the thrill of the chase to listen

Would Koishi?
I have lost sight of her, but I am sure I hear her voice.
Perhaps if-


DRINKS DRINKS SO MANY DRINKS
ONE TWO THREE FOUR A HELL OF A LOT OF BOOZE
GOTTA DRINK IT ALL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



Oh no. Not the fairies.
The noise should have been enough to compel most to hide.
Unless...ah, of course.

This ruckus does seem to be similar to her cart.

Sorry, little ones, that you had to become involved in this.

DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINKS DRINK DRINK DRINK THEM ALL UP
DRINK THEM ALL LIKE
foolsPRETTY just pretend they're not there HELLOhuh hey wait don't leaPARTY PARTY ALL THE TIME YEEEEEEEEEEAH



I call and I call yet it seems to make little difference.
I cannot even tell if Koishi is still with us, or if Miss Hoshiguma has been left to her own devices.

If that is so, then perhaps it may be possible to stop her by other means.

I do not care to resort to force, but if I have no other option...



No, my warning seems to have no-


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhould be more than sufficiAHAHAHAHAHAave to get out ofOR THE HUG THRONAHAo does he think he is thatAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh no, why are they out in the hall?

I need to-

Oh, good, they got out of the way in time...

Now, perhaps...


AHADRINKDRINKDRINKHAHAI'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRYI'MSORRMoReSAcRIFiCEsTHATDUMBASSTHINKSHECANRUNDRINKDRINKAHAHAHAHAHA


Why are they following after us?!

But his thoughts...
Why do they seem so...

Damn!
There's too much noise!
Too much interference!

I need to focus!
Separate.
Filter.

Just what is he-


RuFFlErUffLe mOre MorE mORE RuFfLES mOrE kILL tHeM ALL OnE by OHuGS wE neED mOrE HUGS

This is...no. It cannot be.
It must...Koishi. Yes.
That must be it.

I shall ask her, and she will tell me.
It cannot...no...

I cannot wait.
I must stop this NOW.

Forgive me, everyone, but...


RECOLLECTION!



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Woah...

As much as my curiosity demands to know just what caused them to be like this, something about this scene makes me feel as if this is one of those questions that is best left alone.

Hinanai is just laying on the floor, staring at the ceiling.
The bridge guard is curled up in ball, and rocking herself back and forth while murmuring something.
And he is completely out cold.

Of the whole group, the Oni appears to be the only one that is relatively unaffected by whatever happened, or at least not affected enough to not notice us approaching.


“Hey, now, just wha-”

Miss Hoshiguma.

“...uh...yeah?”

“I need you to pick him up, and follow me.”

“Huh? What's go-”

Now, Miss Hoshiguma.”

“Ah, right. Right. Gotcha.”


Alright, now this is getting worrisome.
No one appears to be injured, yet-


“I am afraid it may be worse than that, Miss Asakura. Damn, why did I not notice it sooner?!”

“Hey, if ya got time ta mutter to yourself, how 'bout you just say what's goin' on? The kid's a little banged up, sure, but he looks-”

“He's been possessed, Miss Hoshiguma.”

“...oh. Damn.”

“Indeed.”

“But, wait, how come-”

“I do not know, but it has happened. Now, which room was...ah, here we are. Go on in, please. I shall return, shortly.”

“Satori, what about-”

“Miss Hinanai and Mizuhashi shall have to tend to themselves for the time being. I am more concerned about Miss Melancholy, and...agh, Koishi! Of all the times for her to wander off!”




[ ] Charades

[ ] Telephone

[ ] Truth or Dare
>> No. 150141
[x] Truth or Dare

Satori is probably going to be mad we didn't say anything about the hug possessor. Don't want to get attacked by another newspaper.
>> No. 150142
Satori was everything I ever hoped she would be. What an incredibly pleasant surprise to wake up to.

[x] Telephone
Misunderstandings for the irony god.
>> No. 150150
[ ] Truth or Dare
>> No. 150152
[x] Truth or Dare
>> No. 150156
[X] Telephone
Should be interesting.
>> No. 150157
[x] Truth or Dare
>> No. 150158
[x] Truth or Dare
>> No. 150167
[X]ToD

On a completely random note, we need to give Tenshi eggs sometime in the future. Eggseggseggseggseggs
>> No. 150169
>>150167
we should fertilize her eggs

[x] truth or dare
>> No. 150180
>>150169
I see what you did there. I agree.
>> No. 150195
File 132243009245.jpg - (63.19KB , 432x600 , life is beautiful.jpg ) [iqdb]
150195
I'm sorry...
I'm sorry...
I'm sorry...
I didn't mean to-
I never wanted you to-
I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!

I'm sorry...I'm sorr...y...

Are you done yet?

I don't feel good.

Good.

I feel terrible.

You should.

Shut up.

You know what that was, right?

I thought I had forgotten that...

You didn't.

I wanted to.

And yet, there it was. Aren't memories just wonderful?

Shut up.

They remind us of so many things. Heartaches. Betrayals.

Shut up.

You keep telling yourself that, but you know it won't help.

Shut up!

After all, how can you truly silence yourself? Deny yourself?

YOU'RE NOT-

Me, I'm not you, blah blah blah, I know, we had this talk already, and you were already boring yourself with it the first time. Repeat it all you want, but you'll never really believe it. But enough of that. How about that little trip down memory lane?

Shut up.

Oh, is that any way to be? Especially when you think about how important that day was?

It wasn't important.

Oh, but it was! You know it was.

It wasn't.

Oh, come on. That's no way to talk about your birthday, now is it?

That wasn't my birthday.

Re-birthday, then. That was what it was, after all. The first day of the rest of your life! When you found your true calling.

I have a calling.

You have a rickety collection of rotting wood that has long since ceased to be of any use to anyone, serving no purpose but to bind you to your little corner of this putrid hellhole. A constant reminder of all the years you wasted away down here, missing out on so much that everyone else takes for granted.

That's...

Not true? You know it is. It sucks. Your life sucks. You guard a bridge that nobody uses, you exist for the sake of protecting others when there is nobody that wants or needs your protection. And, at the end of the day, you are where you began it. There. Alone, forgotten, and utterly useless. It's really quite pathetic, don't you think?

Fuck you.

You wouldn't do anything to change things. Left alone, you would have been content to just weep to yourself as you and that glorified termite colony rotted away into nothing. That is, of course, until you rediscovered yourself. You found a part of yourself you never even knew existed.

You found me.


Shut up.

You couldn't do anything with yourself, not if your life depended on it. But me? I gave you direction. Meaning. Purpose. A reason to live.

Where would you even be right now, if not for me?


Shut up!

Face it, you need this for yourself. You need me


SHUT UP!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Psh. Fine. Just keep mumbling to yourself, then!”

“...huh? W-what was...”


Shaking herself out of her daze, the bridge princess glaces around the hallway to regain her bearings.
As her mind attempts to reassemble the events that brought her there, her gaze settles upon a girl laying on the floor a short distance away, her blue hair splayed out across the ground.


“You're talking to yourself. It's annoying.”

“I was...ah...”

“And you have the gall to tell me to shut up?”

“...sorry.”


Still laying on the floor, the girl turns her head just enough to look back at the bridge princess for a moment, before returning to staring at the ceiling.


“Whatever. Just keep it down. Ugh...”

“Does...does your head hurt, too?”

“Like you would care.”

“My head hurts.”

“Well, good for you. Join the club.”

“I-I'm sorry. I'll, ah, I'll shu-”

“Stop that.”

“Stop wha-”

That. That 'I'm sorry, please feel sorry for me crap.”

“But I'm not-!”

“Yeah, right. You do what you want as long as you think you can get away with it, and the second you find out you can't you start fishing for pity. 'I didn't mean to do it! I didn't want to do it! I'm soooo sorry!' It's pathetic!”

“...I know.”

“But you still keep doing it.”

“I'm sorry.”

“Then stop doing things to be sorry about!”

“I want to!”

“Then do it!”

“I can't!”

“LIKE HELL YOU CAN'T!”


Struggling to prop herself up, the blue-haired girl glares at the woman sitting across from her.


“People like you piss me off! Always whining about how miserable you are, but never doing a damn thing about it! Like you don't have a choice!”

“I don't!”

“Psh! Right!”

“Hey, fuck you! You don't know what it's like being stuck in this goddamn pit! What it's like having to watch as everyone else goes about their merry little lives while you have to sit it out!”

Hmph. You're pathetic.”

“You're a bitch.”

“And what does that make you?”

“The bitch who's going to stab your fucking eyes out!”

“I'd like to see you try! I already know I can kick your ass!”

“...bitch.”

“Aww, giving up? Without even trying? What a shock.”

“What the fuck is your problem?!”

“You're pissing me off! That's my problem!”

“Oh, well I sure am fucking sorry!”

“Sorry and pathetic.”

“That was sarcasm.”

“Well, you're still pathetic.”

“...I am, aren't I? Heh. I really am.”

“...hmph.”

“I mean, I can't do what I want, and anything I can do I can't without fucking it up somehow!”

“Then stop it.”

“I can't.”

“If you want to do something, then do it!”

“I can't!”

“Stop making excuses!”

“They're not excuses!”

“Yes they are, damn it! You say you want to do something but you can't? You're not even trying!”

“I tried!”

“Try harder!”

“...it's useless. There's no way...”

“Then find a way.”

“There isn't one.”

“And that is why you're pathetic. You want something, you whine about not having it, but you don't want to do anything to actually try to get it, so you never get it.”

“Fuck you! I tried! I did! Don't you fucking dare tell me what-”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. What do I know, right?”

“That's fucking right, so don't-...whoa...eugh...I don'...I don't feel so good...”


As if suddenly drained of her remaining strength, the blue-haired girl flops back onto the floor and goes back to staring at the ceiling.


“Welcome to the club.”







[ ] Hello~ Hello~ Hello~ Is there anybody in there~?

[ ] In your head~ In your head~
>> No. 150197
[x] In your head~ In your head~

Ow. That hit uncomfortably close to home.
>> No. 150198
[x] Hello~ Hello~ Hello~ Is there anybody in there~?

Koishi get bored taking a walk with the witch already?
>> No. 150199
[x] In your head~ In your head~
>> No. 150200
[x] In your head~ In your head~
>> No. 150201
[X] In your head. In your head.
>> No. 150203
[x] In your head~ In your head~
Goddamnit Parsee, get a hold of yourself. If PS2 games taught me anything, is that you have to accept yourself, even the parts that you don't like. Which doesn't mean that it should dictate your actions, they're parts of a whole. If you do so, then you'll finally find your true self. And get killed by a goddess of death, but that's another story.
>> No. 150204
[x] Hello~ Hello~ Hello~ Is there anybody in there~?

Just nod if you can hear me.
>> No. 150207
[X] Hello~ Hello~ Hello~ Is there anybody in there~?

Is there anyone home~?
>> No. 150224
File 132255460764.jpg - (11.93KB , 400x267 , not gonna reference that song again.jpg ) [iqdb]
150224
“Awright, down ya go, kiddo. Hey. Hey, can ya hear me? “











“...huh. Guess not.”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I saw it.

I saw it.

I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it I saw it the end the end the end of days end of nights end of all of end of it end it end it end it end it end it end it now and now and and and and and AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
STOP IT!
STOP IT!
SHUT UP!
I CAN'T THINK!
CAN'T HEAR MYSELF!

I saw it.
Saw everything.
THINKING ABOUT THE PETTING!
Everything.
I saw it.
Saw it all.
Saw it.
Saw it.
SaW yOuR LegS oFf
Don't wanna.
Don't wanna do it.
Don't wanna.
Don't wanna.
Do iT
Don't wanna.
Do iT nOw
No no no don't wanna.
Don't wanna. Can't make me.
Can't. Can't make me.
Can't make me do it.
Don't wanna.
ALL I WANTED WAS TO TOUCH THEM
Don't wanna.
TOUCH THE FLUFFIES
No. No no.
No. That's a no.
That's a nono.
Nonono.
Don't do it.
ALWAYS TAUNTING ME
Don't do it.
ALL I EVER WANTED WAS TO
BuRn ThEM
nonono
bUrN ThEM ALL
That's a nono. Big nono.
No no. No.
SHUT UP LET ME REMEMBER
I saw it. Saw it all.
THE FEEL OF IT
Don't wanna see it. Don't wanna.
Not again. Not again.
Nope. Nope.
RUNNING THROUGH MY FINGERS
Nope. No. No no.
aLL tHaT bLOoD
EW! NO!
No no no.
No.


Voices stream out from inside the room.
Your hand rests upon the knob, the surface of it slick with the sweat from your palm.

You don't want to go in there.

You don't, yet you do.

The conflict of desires does little to ease your sense of tension.
A strange, yet familiar sense of dread bears down upon you.
Your head spins.
Your stomach churns.

You don't want to go in there.
Yet, you do.
You must.

As if being commanded by a higher power, you know you must do this.
You have no choice.
You must go through the door, even knowing what awaits you on the other side.

You glance down at your watch, or rather, where your watch would be if you ever remembered to put it on in the morning.
It's just like you to forget things like that.

Not that it matters, you realize.
Even if you had remembered, you know quite well what it would be telling you.
It's time to go in.
You don't want to, but you know that being late would be even worse.
Not showing up at all? More so.

Firmly gripping the knob, you take one last deep breath, and step inside...



[ ] Bar
[ ] Board
[ ] Class
[ ] Court
>> No. 150226
[x] Class

You are late! Stand in the hallway.
>> No. 150228
[X] Court

We plead insanity.
>> No. 150229
[x] Bar
>> No. 150230
[X] Board
Boardroom? Board the train? BoardX2 is how thick we are? Board of missspeld puns?

The possibilities are endless!
>> No. 150232
[x] Class

We're naked.
>> No. 150234
[x] Board

Who is this rufflespirit? What gave it its lust for ruffles?
>> No. 150259
[ ] Board
>> No. 150381
File 132282264219.jpg - (151.52KB , 347x346 , at least you remembered to wear pants today.jpg ) [iqdb]
150381
You stride into the conference room, doing your best to exude confidence in your every step.
Knowing how these sort of guys operate, you can't afford to show even the faintest sign of weakness. Not in front of them.

Like wild beasts, these men can smell fear from a mile away. If you make even a single misstep, the slightest of mistakes, they will tear you apart without hesitation.

Well, nobody ever said it would be easy in the big leagues.


I wanna.
I wanna go.
Wanna-
Wanna go.
Wanna go now.
Go out.
Go now.
Wanna.
I wanna.
I wanna HUG THEM ALL SQUEEZE THEM
AND HUG THEM AND CrUsH tHeM uNTiL tHeY DiE
LiKE tHe AnIMaLs tHeY aRE!



Truly, the world of business is a brutal and terrifying place.
Who knows, though?
Perhaps, outside of the office, free of the confines of these stuffy suits and ties, they aren't such a bad bunch to hang out with? Perhaps you could all laugh about the day's events over a few cold ones later on?


ThEiR eNtRaiLs wILL sTaIn tHe HaLLs oF my room.
My room. Where is it?
Where? Where is it?
Where is my room.
Wanna go there.
Wanna go.
Go to my room.
Safe there. Very safe.
Safe there. In the room.
In the room WITH ALL OF THOSE LITTLE FLUFFY THINGS!
HUG AND SQUEEZE! HUG AND SQUEEZE ThEiR nEcKs!



Or maybe you'll just drink at home tonight.
Alone. With all of your doors locked.
While cradling a loaded shotgun.

Before that can happen, though, you know you must close this deal.
It is far too important to your firm to just let slip away.
Claiming your seat at the table, you politely clear your throat and wait for the others to quiet themselves.


WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO MEAN? WE MUST LOVE myself.
Myself is my friend.
Myself and me.
Me and I.
I like me.
I like me a lot.
I like ALL CUTE AND LOVELY THINGS THAT WE CAN KiLL aNd
HUG AND MaIm AND CUDDLE AND sTaB AND PET
AND EvIsCeRAtE AND
I don't think I like this very much.
Nope. Nope.
Don't like it.
Don't like it.
Nope. Nope.


Realizing they have not heard your subtle signal for attention, you debate attempting a slightly louder cough, but decide the time for such half-assed measures has passed. Throwing caution to the wind, you slam your hands down upon the table, and address them directly.

Good morning, gentlemen.





Silence.




All eyes are on you, now.
Or, so you assume.
It's hard to tell where someone is looking when they have no face.
Why do they have no face? That strikes you as rather peculiar.
Not that you have a problem with that, of course.
In this modern society, there is no place for prejudice, even against the facially-deficient.

...that's what they like to be called now, isn't it?
Probably best not to say anything, just to be on the safe side.
The last thing you need is Legal riding your ass again, like they did that time you complained about them riding your ass.

Uptight bastards.
What is this world coming to when you can't even make a harmless off-color remark about the things you'd like to do with that hot little number down in Accounting, while talking to that hot little number down in Accounting?
Sure, the visual aids may have been a little excessive, but it seemed like a perfectly reasonable alternative to giving her a live demonstration, which she so adamantly refused.

Oh, right. They're still staring at you.
You think.

As they watch you, expectantly, you realize you have forgotten something!



[ ] Why, of course! The customary exchanging of business cards, as is the custom among business professionals!

[ ] Wait! There's no cover sheet on these reports! Damn it all! You thought you went over this already!

[ ] Oh yeah, this was supposed to be a conference call, wasn't it? Quick, how do you put this thing on speaker?
>> No. 150393
[ ] Why, of course! The customary exchanging of business cards, as is the custom among business professionals!
>> No. 150399
[x] Why, of course! The customary exchanging of business cards, as is the custom among business professionals!

Are we going to see that nice Paper chap again? And speaking of nice chaps, rufflespirit is a true bro. He (she?) doesn't deserve exorcism.
>> No. 150404
[X] Oh yeah, this was supposed to be a conference call, wasn't it? Quick, how do you put this thing on speaker?

This organization needs some outside influence to synergize its productivity.
>> No. 150405
[x] Why, of course! The customary exchanging of business cards, as is the custom among business professionals!

Oh shit. How could have forgotten that.
>> No. 150413
[x] Oh yeah, this was supposed to be a conference call, wasn't it? Quick, how do you put this thing on speaker?

Need to get Satori on this thing.
>> No. 150438
[X] Oh yeah, this was supposed to be a conference call, wasn't it? Quick, how do you put this thing on speaker?

I don't even know what I'm reading anymore, but I can't stop.
>> No. 150490
[x] Oh yeah, this was supposed to be a conference call, wasn't it? Quick, how do you put this thing on speaker?
>> No. 150507
File 132308304530.jpg - (25.03KB , 590x402 , Here smell this.jpg ) [iqdb]
150507
Of course! How could you have neglected the most basic act of business etiquette?!
Your card! You've forgotten to offer them your business card!

No wonder they are simply staring at you! For the businessman, the business card is as vital a tool for identification as scent is for animals, the exchange of such cards serving as the more civilized and workplace-appropriate analog of dogs sniffing the hindquarters of one another! Without your card, these poor souls probably don't even recognize you as a fellow businessman!

Reaching confidently into your breast pocket, you pull out your custom-made business card holder, open it, and slide out one of your cards, holding it up for them to see.
The light of the room plays off of the eggshell-white, semi-gloss surface beautifully, making the stark contrast of the black embossed text all the more noticeable.

'OH FOR THE LOVE OF- WHAT IS IT NOW'

Huh. Odd. You don't remember that being on the cards when you picked them up from the printer.
You certainly didn't order them to be like that. A misprint, perhaps?

Making a note to lodge a complaint with the manager when the opportunity arises, you place the card upon the table, and slide it towards the men while hoping they will pay no mind to the mistake.

One of them slowly picks it up, looking it over curiously.
No doubt he is awestruck by your good taste in card stock.
So much so, in fact, that he has not even noticed yet another printing error that has caught your own eye.

What are you even paying those people for, when they cannot even manage to not screw up a simple card?! You would almost wonder if you had been given another client's cards by mistake, but you cannot fathom why anyone would want a business card with 'WHAT IS THIS WHO THE HELL ARE OH NO' printed on it.

For a moment, you wonder if you should give them another card instead, but before you can politely ask for your first card back, the unthinkable happens.


He crumples your card.

Not bending it. Not folding it.
Crumpling it.
Crushing it within his fist.

That bastard!
Sure, it was riddled with mistakes, but to do such a thing to a card when it is offered to you?! It's almost blasphemous! Men have dueled and died for lesser slights than this!

“What is the meaning of this?!” you ask, as confused as you are righteously indignant.


You...
YOU...
...aRe aN oBsTiCLe...
Gotta...gotta get...get out...
OuT oF tHe WaY
PRETTY PLEASE?
Get out get out gotta get out wanna get out.
Gotta. Gotta get out. Gotta ReMoVE yOU.


On one hand, you are glad to have some clarification regarding the crushing of your business card. On the other hand, the reason is anything but comforting.
Obviously, the nature of this meeting was not what you had been led to believe it was. It was not a simple get-together to go over some numbers with prospective new clients. The first steps of a potential merger.

As they begin to rise from their seats and move towards you, you realize exactly what this meeting truly was meant to be; not a merger, but a hostile takeover.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“...evil spirits?”

“Correct. They are quite prevalent here, and are the primary reason I did not want you left unattended, in the event one were to-...ah, Miss Asakura. How are...ah, I see. I believe they will be fine for the time being. Please, have a seat.”

“Hey! What about-”

“Ah, my apologies, Miss Melancholy. As I was about to say, I had hoped to prevent any of the local spirits from attempting anything during your stay, but it seems I have failed in that regard, and some have successfully found their way into your friend, here.”

“Huh? Inside the Human?”

“I am afraid so, yes.”

“Yeah, they're kinda like bugs or rats, like that. They stay outta sight most of the time, but the minute they can find an opening in something that catches their attention, they slip on in. Pesky little things, but whack 'em real good and they usually get the message.”

“Physical force is not an option in this case, Miss Hoshiguma.”

“Why not? I'm sure if we just shake the kid enough, they'll scurry out in a flash. Did the same thing when one of the little bastards took over a keg, and it worked like a charm!”

“First of all, a human body is unlikely to be able to withstand the force of such treatment as well as a container of Oni liquor, and even if he could, such an approach would still not work. They are too deep.”

“Deep? Like, what, in his bones?”

“I could hear them, Miss Hoshiguma. Not directly, but they have become entrenched enough within him to affect his consciousness.. ...yes, Miss Asakura, that is quite serious. If left as they are, they will most likely overtake his mind, replacing his will with their own.”

“So get them out!”

“It's not that simple, young one. Spirits such as these are not unlike parasites. When they have simply attached themselves to something, removal is relatively easy, but if they haven been allowed to dig themselves in, it becomes significantly more difficult to remove them without also harming their host in the process.”

“So, what can we do?”

“Here? Very little, but we might be able to at least...oh, where is my sister when I need her?!”

“Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere~!”

“...how long have you been there, Koishi?”

“I dunno~!”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They just keep coming.
No matter how many steps you take back, putting as many chairs between them and yourself as possible, they continue to move as if there was nothing there at all.

As you continue to slowly back away, you spot a shape on the table at the edge of your vision. Glancing over at it, you feel a sudden surge of hope within you.
The phone! Perhaps you could call for help! Security, perhaps!
Though, frankly, at this moment you would be happy with even the custodian.

Reaching over, you eagerly pick up the receiver, bring it to your ear, only to suddenly freeze as you realize something.

You never learned how to dial out..

Damn! Of all the times for your lack of knowledge of operating simple communication devices to come back and haunt you!



[ ] Uh...was it '9' you're supposed to press to get an outside line?

[ ] Forget the numbers, there's a button with a blinking light next to it!

[ ] Eh, whatever. Just mash buttons until something happens!

[ ] Never mind the phone, what about your card?! Is your card okay?!
>> No. 150508
[X] Forget the numbers, there's a button with a blinking light next to it!
HOLD EVERYTHING THERE IS A MESSAGE
>> No. 150509
[ ] Uh...was it '9' you're supposed to press to get an outside line?
>> No. 150510
[x] Uh...was it '9' you're supposed to press to get an outside line?

The phone crackered
>> No. 150511
[x] Eh, whatever. Just mash buttons until something happens!

This plan is foolproof.
>> No. 150513
[x] Never mind the phone, what about your card?! Is your card okay?!

That asshole! You've crushed your last card, evil spirit person!
>> No. 150515
[X] Eh, whatever. Just mash buttons until something happens!
>> No. 150516
[x] Uh...was it '9' you're supposed to press to get an outside line?
>> No. 150521
[x] Never mind the phone, what about your card?! Is your card okay?!

I have a feeling that the card is quite important in a certain way. I think I should piss against the tide, maybe it has a meaning in the end.
>> No. 150522
[x] Never mind the phone, what about your card?! Is your card okay?!
>> No. 150529
File 132313369061.png - (237.64KB , 400x400 , 1322913712978.png ) [iqdb]
150529
Can someone give me a tl;dr version of the latest threads? I stopped reading when it became obvious that we were in some distorted version of namek where descriptions are forbidden and brain-damage-allucinations the norm. So, more or less when Parsee was KOed by... Medicine? I think?

Don't take me wrong; I like my stories like I like my movies: directed by the Coen brothers. But this is a tad too much for my tastes.
>> No. 150532
>>150529

Well, after that, there was a bit of possessing, then the fairy zombie kept stealing screen time from the other characters, then more possession and hallucinations, Koishi, Satori scolding Koishi, and even more possessions and now much more brain damage.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of all the fainting/loss of conciousness/internal randomness the MC has been subjected to. No wonder we haven't left the undergroung yet, almost half of the time spent there was the MC trying to recover conciousness. Besides, this habit of his lost it's flavor a few threads ago.
>> No. 150534
>>150532

>Honestly, I'm getting tired of all the fainting/loss of conciousness/internal randomness the MC has been subjected to.

I like it. Possession stuff getting fixed in a bit here anyway, and all the brain damage/fainting is because of us fucking around so much, so it's alright.
>> No. 150535
I have to somehow agree with the others. I wish to move on beyond this. Some new fresh scenes and places are needed!

And ideas. Too many things are just repeating itself. Don't get me wrong, i like the way you write but too many scenes, actions, jokes and moments get used again, only slightly altered.
>> No. 150536
>>150535
What, dealing with a hostile spirit takeover isn't exciting enough for you? That said, I'd like to see new places too. And we definitely will, as soon as we finish sloooooooooowly dealing with this.

We've kinda hit critical mass with characters, though. Maybe adding as many people as possible to the party wasn't the best idea.
>> No. 150537
>>150536
You best be joking nigga. We gotta catch 'em all!

[x] Uh...was it '9' you're supposed to press to get an outside line?
>> No. 150547
>>150536
The issue is that we have a bunch of characters and not much is being done with him.... and this story seems to be collapsing its own weight slowly as frankly I don't see any progress being done, just various possessed/insane jokes. It's to the point where I can't tell how much I should blame Anon stupidity for this mess.
>> No. 150551
File 132316101996.jpg - (1.11MB , 1800x2500 , you can't poke it either.jpg ) [iqdb]
150551
With a sudden strike of inspiration, you remember that you must first dial '9' in order to get an outside line.

Your index finger hovers eagerly over the number, the glistening sheen of the button beckoning to you.
It wants you to push it.
It needs you to push it.

You are all too happy to oblige.

Deftly thrusting downward, you press the number into the phone, eliciting a pleasant tone in response.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“Hee-hee, that tickles~!”

“...am I going to pretend I did not see that.”

“Is he...”

“Awake? No, not yet. I suppose that is long enough, though.”

“Huh? For what?”

“...Miss Asakura? Paper.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


However, just as your moment of triumph is not long-lived, as a sudden unfortunate fact makes itself known to you.

You still don't know what number to dial.


[Just press numbers randomly, and see what works?

Maybe try them in sequence? That's bound to do something!

Or maybe just stare intensely at the phone and will it into submi-


*FWAP*


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A loud slapping sound reverberates through your head, snapping you back to consciousness.
You suspect the faint stinging sensation on your forehead, as if you had been struck by something, is probably related.

As your vision clears, you find yourself staring up into the eye of who you can only assume is your assailant. Her big, shiny, tube-covered eye. Her-

No, you may not squeeze it.” Satori says, dryly, as she sets her rolled-up newspaper down on a nearby table. “Sorry about that, but I need you awake.

You attempt to sit up, but find yourself unable to do so, as if something were holding you down. After a few more failed attempts, you give up, and settle yourself back down into your chair...bed...thing.

...what is this thing, anyway?

“Think of it as a sort of reclining chair, if it helps.” Satori tells you, waving her hand dismissively. “But do not concern yourself with that, right now, I need you to listen to me very carefully. Are you listening?”

Glancing around the room, you spot Yuugi, Medicine, and Rikako seated around you, all wearing curious expressions upon their faces. You wonder what it is that could have them all looking so-

Are. You. Listening.

“W-wha- oh, uh, yes! Yes!” you stammer, in response, Satori's tone commanding your full attention.

“Good, now listen.” Satori nods, her third eye practically boring a hole through you. “You have been possessed by some of the local spirits. I do not know how many, but they are inside you, and are already attempting to take control of your mind and body. If left alone, they will almost certainly succeed. Unfortunately, we do not have a means of safely exorcising them from you down here, which means you must return to the surface and seek someone who does. Do you understand this, so far?”

“Um...”

“If I may...” Rikako chimes in, clearing her throat and leaning towards you. “Bad ghosts inside you. Doing bad things. Need to get ghosts out. Can't do it down here. Go back to surface. Get ghosts out. ...better?”

“Oh. Well, okay. That makes sense.” you say, nodding.
Really, the best explanations are always the simplest ones.

“Thank you, Miss Asakura.” Satori says, all three of her eyes remain firmly planted on you. “Now, you understand what it is you must do?”

“Go back to the...um...surface?”

“Yes, and...?

“...get the bad ghosts out?”

“As soon as is possible, yes.” Satori nods. “I do not know how much time you may have, but if they have connected themselves to your consciousness, then it may be possible for Koishi to have some effect on them. At the very least, enough to disorient them. It won't stop them completely, but it should buy you some time. Still, I would suggest you not let them linger for too long. The stronger they become, the more your own consciousness will erode until you become little more than a puppet for them.”

You don't think you like the sound of that.
Not one bit.

For a moment, your hostess says nothing, but simply gazes down at you. “Koishi, he won't be able to get up if you stay there, like that.”

“Awwwwwwwww, but it's comfy~!” the younger sister's voice rings out from somewhere near your chest.

“Koishi...”

“Oh, fiiiiine~.” Koishi pouts, pushing herself up and off of you. “Hey~! You wanna try, Sis?”

“I will decline.” Satori says, rolling her eyes slightly before looking back at you. “It is regrettable that I could not bid you farewell under better circumstances, but such is fate, it seems. Are you ready?”



[ ] Yep! Let's get moving!

[ ] Actually, there's just one more thing...
– ( ) This is the part where you write what that thing is.



------------------------------------------------

>>150532
>>Honestly, I'm getting tired of all the fainting/loss of conciousness/internal randomness the MC has been subjected to.

Agreed. I think I've actually run that particular bit into the ground more than even I'm comfortable with, and I like running things into the ground.
I can't guarantee it won't happen again in the future, but I will try to keep such incidents to a minimum.

>>150535
Once again, agreed. One of the problems with doing things the way I do them is that I can very easily run out of ideas if I'm stuck on one thing for too long. This trip underground, for example. I still have ideas, but nothing that's applicable for where you currently are in the story.


That said, as sorry as I am for taking so long to get things moving, I did offer a choice to speed thing up a bit a while back, and the majority chose the option that I explicitly stated would keep the pace at what it current was.

It's still my fault, of course, but it is something you might want to keep in mind if I ever offer another chance to speed things up or do a time-skip. I am a chronic procrastinator, and while I don't want to discourage anyone from choosing to take things slowly if that's what they want, they should be aware of what they might be in for for when telling a chronic procrastinator to take their sweet time.

Fortunately, I think we won't have so much of a problem with being stuck in just one spot for a year, now. I have a number of ideas of how to keep things moving, and you haven't even met most of them, yet.

Also, don't worry about your group getting too big.
That is all I will say about that.
>> No. 150552
[x] Actually, there's just one more thing...
– (x) Parsee. What's her deal?
- (x) Hug Satori. Maybe ruffle her hair a bit.

Is she allowed on the surface or what? I can't remember if we already talked to Satori about this. Or if she agreed to come. It seems kinda important.

>Also, don't worry about your group getting too big.
Ooh, ominous.
>> No. 150558
[x] Yep! Let's get moving!

>I have a number of ideas of how to keep things moving, and you haven't even met most of them, yet.
>Also, don't worry about your group getting too big.
hooray!
>> No. 150559
Meh, I liked the pace and I don't regret my votes. But everything that has a beginning...I guess.

[x] Actually, there's just one more thing...
– (x) Parsee. What's her deal? Is she coming or saying goodbye?
- (x) Hug Satori. Maybe ruffle her hair a bit. Thank her.

>Also, don't worry about your group getting too big.
WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE.
>> No. 150560
[x] Actually, there's just one more thing...
– (x) Parsee. What's her deal? Is she coming or saying goodbye?
- (x) Hug Satori. Maybe ruffle her hair a bit. Thank her.
>> No. 150564
[x] Actually, there's just one more thing...
– (x) What about the scary youkai lady?
>> No. 150575
[x] Actually, there's just one more thing...
– (x) What about the scary youkai lady?

The scary youkai lady scares me as she's scary. Also, a lady youkai. Definitely a lady. Also, a youkai. But still scary.
>> No. 150579
[x] Actually, there's just one more thing...
– (x) Parsee. What's her deal? Is she coming or saying goodbye?

This is my last serious point as I don't think Satori'd care to be treated like a little kid.
>> No. 150612
>>150579
I'm thinking of her more as a mom than a kid. What with the scolding and the always looking out for others.
>> No. 150675
>>150551
>Agreed. I think I've actually run that particular bit into the ground more than even I'm comfortable with, and I like running things into the ground.

Say, if this keep happening, will the spirits take complete control of the MC faster?
>> No. 150728
[x] Actually, there's just one more thing...
– (x) Parsee. What's her deal? Is she coming or saying goodbye?

There's no harem like a harem of highly unstable women who don't actually want you, Koishi's Freudianosity aside.
>> No. 150783
File 132350982392.jpg - (863.98KB , 1748x2480 , tldr bitch got ISSUES.jpg ) [iqdb]
150783
“Ah. That is not really 'just one more thing'. Is it?” Satori smirks, responding to your thoughts before you even realized you had thought them. “But, very well. Regarding your conflict with your 'scary youkai lady' on the surface, I am sorry to say that there is very little I can offer in terms of advice in dealing with her. From what I can gather, she was quite angry with you; perhaps justifiably so. She was not originally the aggressor, was she?”

Thinking back to your first encounter with her on that sunflower field, you suppose that she wasn't really all that bad. Sure, you got the feeling she was the sort who enjoyed watching others squirm, especially those weaker than her, but she didn't try to poison you or stab you or anything like that. Even if she had wanted to, it's not like she even had a chance, what with Tenshi's sudden arrival on the scene.

“...and yet, you escalated the conflict, and in doing so may have redirected her attentions from Miss Hinanai to yourself. No matter what else you may do, or where else you may go, you will inevitably have to confront her. ...but, you already know that. The best advice I can give you is to avoid further provoking her, if at all possible. Without knowing more about her, that is all I can really suggest. Depending on her temperament, she may be pacified with an apology or an offer to make amends, or she may settle for nothing less than your complete destruction.”

You're not sure if you feel better or worse about your prospects in dealing with the scary youkai lady.

“Just be honest and polite, and I am sure you will be fine.” Satori tells you, patting you on the shoulder as you sit up. “For all their variances, many of the older youkai are fairly consistent in valuing respect and good manners. So long as you don't do anything rash, she may prove to be more reasonable than you imagine, especially when she has had time to calm herself. As for your other question...”

Ah yes, Parsee.
Just what is her deal?

“That depends on what you mean. In the broadest sense, I would say she appears to be at odds with herself. As the guardian of the bridge linking this place with the surface, her role was that of a protector. This role was not merely a job or duty that she voluntarily took on, it was essentially her very reason for being. For her, guarding the bridge and protecting those who crossed it did not simply define her existence, it was her existence. For a simpler creature, that would have been enough, fulfilling their purpose in the world without concern for any outside matters. Miss Mizuhashi, however, was not so fortunate. She had the intelligence necessary to comprehend the existence of worlds beyond her bridge, beyond these caves, along with the self-awareness to know that she could not experience them herself. Perhaps she heard stories from the travelers she watched over, perhaps she retained memories of a previous life, but either way she grew to envy and resent those she was compelled to protect. As time went on, those feelings continued to grow in strength, until her heart was completely engulfed by them, and she became what she is today.”

A 'bridge princess', right?
No matter how many times you hear it in your head, you can't shake the feeling that someone with such a title should look far more regal
Perhaps a tiara and scepter would help Parsee's image?

Ahem. Anyway, yes, she became a 'bridge princess'. A being consumed and driven by jealousy and envy, completely at odds with her previous role as a guardian and protector, and therein lies her problem. Rather than completely overriding her previous, benevolent inclinations, it seems as if her more malevolent 'bridge princess' nature is somehow coinciding with them. The result is, as you witnessed this morning; a being who is as compelled to harm others as she is to help them. This conflict of interests has essentially plunged her into a state of perpetual frustration, rendering her incapable of succeeding at any goal without simultaneously failing another.”

Wow. That kinda sucks.

“Mm, indeed. As for her 'deal' in the more present sense, there is not much else I am able to tell you.” Turning her body slightly, the gaze of Satori's third eye shifts from you to the corner of the room, squinting as if trying to read a distant sign. “Her heart is conflicted, uncertain. I am partly to blame for that, but I digress. There is no way for me to know what she wishes to do when she, herself, does not know. Perhaps talking to her will help to settle her heart and mind, but you should first be certain of what you want, yourself.”

'What you want'? Though not something you generally think about, so much as just go ahead and do.
Still, now that you are thinking about it, you really do find yourself wondering:

What do you want?


[ ] I want Parsee to come with us!

[ ] I want Parsee to stay the hell here!


(optional sub-vote) [ ] Can the little claw-fairy come, too?
(optional sub-vote) [ ] No. No more fairies.

--------------------------------------------



So, yeah, it looks like the next couple of weeks will be a tad rockier than I anticipated.

Holidays. Gotta love 'em.
>> No. 150785
[x] I want Parsee to stay the hell here!
- [x] Can the little claw-fairy come, too?

Let's make this short: Parsee, hell no. Fairy, hell yes!
>> No. 150786
[x] I want Parsee to come with us!
[x] No. Lots more other fairies.

>>150785
I agree with keeping it short. Parsee character development, hell yes! Fairy bugging Medicine, hell no.

>tldr bitch got ISSUES.jpg
can't stop laughing
>> No. 150788
[x] I want.... Eggs.

-[x] But with regards to the situation at hand, probably taking her with us makes sense. Probably?
-[x] Lets leave the other fairy here, even if he is deliciously delightfully ruffleable
>> No. 150789
[x] I want Parsee to come with us! I think. I guess? She needs a hug. Everyone does.
[x] No. No more fairies.
>> No. 150791
[x] I want... Eggs.
[x] I want Parsee to come with us! I think. I guess? She needs a hug. Everyone does.
- [x] Can the little claw-fairy come, too?
>> No. 150796
[x] I want Eggs. If eggs are not available, it's difficult to go wrong with more party members. (Should ask the fairy if she wants to come, though. The first time out in the outside world could be abit of a shock for someone who has lived underground, and she should have the choice.)

If eggs are available, remember not to eat them all, and to share with the uninitiated (Parsee, Tenshi and Fairy, if she comes). We'll convert them yet.
>> No. 150797
[x] I want Parsee to come with us! I think. I guess? She needs a hug. Everyone does.
[x] No. No more fairies.
>> No. 150803
[x] I want Parsee to come with us! I think. I guess? She needs a hug. Everyone does.
- [x] Can the little claw-fairy come, too?

Fairies!
>> No. 150804
[x] I want Parsee to stay the hell here!
[x] No. No more fairies.

Limiting the party size a bit. All of the eggs are in Koishi's stomach. There are no more.
>> No. 150807
[x] I want... Eggs.

Fuck you guys, THIS is the only vote option that matters here!
>> No. 150814
[x] I want Parsee to come with us! I think. I guess? She needs a hug. Everyone does.
- [x] Can the little claw-fairy come, too?

We need a new fairy until we can locate our ice fairy.
>> No. 150815
[x] I want Parsee to come with us! I think. I guess? She needs a hug. Everyone does.
- [x] Can the little claw-fairy come, too?
>> No. 150816
[x] I want Parsee to come with us!
[x] No. No more fairies.

Getting rid of useless zombie. In with someone that might possibly get developed.
>> No. 150826
[x] I want Parsee to come with us!
-[x]The claw fairy would be happier in the underground
>> No. 150862
>>150807

[X] Why aren't we eating yet!? Where are the eggs I was promised?! Eggs! I ache for the taste of eggs! Why are we out here, when we could be in the thick of COOKING!
>> No. 150863
[x] I want Parsee to stay the hell here!
- [x] Can the little claw-fairy come, too?

We're a party of misfits anyways, what's a couple more. All we need is Hina and a big guy who can only yell and grunt and then we could claim to be a dirty ninja But seriously I think they'd both be happier with us seeing the world and such.
>> No. 150864
[ ] I want Parsee to stay the hell here!
[ ] No. No more fairies.

Enough of that fairy. Goddamned annoying little creature.
>> No. 150874
[X] I want Parsee to stay the hell here!
[X] No. No more fairies.

Nope, not gonna take people who will only disrupt the party's harmony.
>> No. 150875
[x] I want Parsee to come with us! I think. I guess? She needs a hug. Everyone does.
- [x] Can the little claw-fairy come, too?
>> No. 150877
[x] I want Parsee to come with us!
[x] No. No more fairies.
>> No. 150878
>>150862
You know, it took me a while before I figured out what you were referencing there. Really? Dawn of War quotes?
>> No. 150881
>>150878
Only now? I think it was quite good.
>> No. 150884
>>150864
I'd rather have an adorable witch-fairy than an Ice fairy that is prone to doing things like bashing our heads and giving us to oni.
>> No. 150886
[ ] I want Parsee to stay the hell here!
[ ] No. No more fairies.

Never liked Parsee.

>>150884

In his defense, Cirno had funnier scenes than the zombie fairy.
>> No. 150892
[X] I want Parsee to stay the hell here!
[X] No. No more fairies.
>> No. 150913
>>150886
the Noir got a bit old, especially when it went really off kilter. And Witch-fairy doesn't mean any harm... it's just that she's an outcast among the underground fairies.
>> No. 150944
File 132377682032.jpg - (414.02KB , 900x900 , and the fairy was never heard from again.jpg ) [iqdb]
150944
After a few moments of reflection and internal debate, you decide that you probably-kinda-sorta-maybe would like Parsee to come back with you to the surface. You think.

You would like to have a little more conviction in your decision, but you suppose it's only natural to feel conflicted when determining whether or not someone who attempted to murder mere hours ago would make a good travel companion. Generally, they do not, but you have a good feeling that this is the rare case where they are. The exception that proves the rule, as it were.

“Mm, very well. If that is what you wish, then you should tell her so.” Satori says, with a nod. “Even if a wish is impossible, it is better to express it than to allow it to fade away in silence.”

You're not sure what that means, but assume it is meant to be profound in some way. In any case, you know what you must do, and that's enough for you.
Sliding out of the strange chair, you take a step towards your hostess, open your arms, and scoop her up into the biggest hug you can manage.

“Thanks, Satori.” you say to her, softly, as few pink strands of hair tickle your cheek.

Hm. Smells like strawberries.

“A-ah, it's nothing.” she says, sounding almost surprised. You're not sure how you would have managed to do that, though. “Er, I mean, you're welcome.”

“Woohoo~!” Koishi's voice rings out from somewhere in the room. “Now use your tongue!”

“Koishi.” Satori says, pulling away from you slightly. “How many times must I remind you, the use of tongue is not appropriate for most occasions?”

“...oh. Hey! Squeeze her tushie!”

“Koishi.”

“It'll be niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice~!”

Koishi.

“Ohhh, fiiiiiiiiiiiine!” the younger satori huffs from her perch atop Yuugi's shoulders, her hands covering the horned woman's eyes. “Sheesh, Sis! It's like you don't wanna ride on the baloney pony!”

“This is neither the time nor the place fo-...what are you doing to Miss Hoshiguma?”

“Privacy~!” she says, cheerfully waving her hands in the air for a moment before clapping back over Yuugi's face. “No peeking~!”

“I am almost afraid to ask what it is you did with the othe-...ah. I see.”

Wondering what it is she saw, you glance around the room and notice hats have been placed atop the heads of your other companions, their brims pulled down just enough to obscure their eyes from view. You're not sure how, but something tells you that this is somehow related to why they all seemed so quiet for the past few minutes.

“Koishi, you should probably let them go, now.” Satori says, as you release your hold on her.

“Okay, okay, okayayaaaaaay~! Hup!

Leapfrogging up and over Yuugi's head, Koishi skips over to Medicine, snaps up her hat from the little doll in one swift motion, pirouettes her way over to Rikako, snatches up the peach-adorned headwear from the purple-haired woman's head with a theatrical twirl, and finishes by striking a pose that all but screams 'TA-DAH~!'.

Fighting the urge to break out in applause, you make your way to the door amid the confused looks and mumblings of your de-hatted companions. Just as you begin to reach for the knob, however, the door suddenly swings open, causing you to stumble backwards and onto the floor.
Though your ass is now hurting more than it was a moment ago, you are at least comforted by the knowledge that you avoided another door-related head injury.

“Where is it?!” Tenshi demands, staggering into the room.

“Ah, Miss Hinanai. How are yo-”

“Fine, fine.” Tenshi grumbles, cutting off your hostess. “Where is it?!”

“Mm? Your hat? Why, it's-”

“Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere~!” Koishi says, hopping over to the perturbed and hatless Celestial, plops it down on her head, and waves at it. “Don't worry, little butts! You're back with your momma!”

“Little b-...what?!

“Butts~! On your hat~!” Koishi says, with a giggle, pointing at the fruit on Tenshi's hat. “It's a butt-hat~! Butt-hat~!”

“Those are peaches!”

“Looks like butts~!”

“No they don't~”

“Dooo tooooo~!”

“Do not!

“Tooooooooooooooooo~!”

Not!

“Actually, their shape is vaguely reminiscent of-” you hear Rikako speak up, only to stop as Tenshi glares at her.

You're. Not. Helping.

Sidling past the grumpy Celestial and her Hat of Peaches-That-Look-Like-Butts, you step out into the hall, and away from of the argument of whether or not pieces of fruit resemble certain parts of the human body.

Which, of course, they do.
They so totally, totally do.

Unsure of where you are in the palace, you look around in an attempt to get your bearings, and spy your target just down the hall to your left, seated on the floor with her back against the wall. Making your way over to her, you wonder how to best broach the subjects of your uninvited guests and inviting her along on your trip to deal with them, among other things.


[ ] Casual. Ease into it sloooowly.

[ ] Direct. No need to mince words, here. Cut to the chase

[ ] Hugs! The rest of that stuff can wait! She needs this, damn it!
>> No. 150949
[X] Hugs! The rest of that stuff can wait! She needs this, damn it!

If there is a hug option, I must vote for it.
>> No. 150965
[X] Hugs! The rest of that stuff can wait! She needs this, damn it!

No regrets, only path, yada yadda.
>> No. 150968
[x] Casual. Ease into it sloooowly.

Does this mean the witch fairy isn't coming with? You bastards.
>> No. 150976
[X] Hugs! The rest of that stuff can wait! She needs this, damn it!
>> No. 150977
We've never been one for subtle. Direct is best. Anyone who objects can come along to, I guess.

>>150965
"All my life is unlimited rock works"?
>> No. 150978
[X] Hugs! The rest of that stuff can wait! She needs this, damn it!
>> No. 150979
[x] Direct. No need to mince words, here. Cut to the chase
Let's not tide-create-to-stuff
>> No. 150989
[x] Casual. Ease into it sloooowly.

Making little girls and not so little girls do what we want is our specialty.

Cut back on the hugs until the ghosts are gone, guys.
>> No. 150993
[x] Casual. Ease into it sloooowly.

She's prolly gunna have to do a little more bitching/crying before joining the party, we should give her some time to adjust.
>> No. 150997
[x] Casual. Ease into it sloooowly.

You know, if we had a special power it would be "Manipulation of female kind".

Besides, hugs can come afterwards when she starts crying.
>> No. 151000
>>150989
If it's hug-ghost taking over our body... I'm okay with it.
>> No. 151014
[X] Casual. Ease into it sloooowly.

Because this will totally work out in the end. Yes. Definitely. Most likely. Probably. Perhaps. Maybe. improbably. Unlikely. Not a chance.
Choose one.
>> No. 151019
[x] Hugs! The rest of that stuff can wait! She needs this, damn it!
>> No. 151044
[ ] Direct. No need to mince words, here. Cut to the chase.

I think she would like a more normal approach.
>> No. 151064
File 132389990917.jpg - (88.83KB , 900x300 , PBF115-Hug_Bot.jpg ) [iqdb]
151064
HUGS FOR THE HUG GOD!
>> No. 151087
File 132394852389.jpg - (216.58KB , 768x1024 , you can't always get what you want.jpg ) [iqdb]
151087
“Hey.”

“...hey.”

Though Parsee does not look up at you, you take her returning your greeting as a semi-positive sign that she is at least willing to talk, and take a seat on the floor beside her.

“So, uh, how are you doing?” you ask, figuring it's as good a place to start as any. Though your first instinct is to go straight to hugging the miserable-looking girl beside you in the hopes that it would help her feel better, you choose to instead exercise some degree of restraint and attempt conversing with her, first.

Besides, hugging can be done at any time, and at a moment's notice. Unless, of course, you are tied up or restrained in some similar fashion, in which case hugging would become significantly more difficult. Not that such a thing would stop you from trying.

“I feel like shit.” Parsee half-groans, half-mutters.

“Sorry about that. I got a little out of control, back there.”

“Heh. No shit.” she says, tilting her head just enough to look at you. “What happened? You get possessed, or something?”

“Actually, yeah.”

Heh. Yeah, that would be jus-...wait.” Her head suddenly jerking up and turning to face you, Parsee looks at you with expression of disbelief. “Really? Really?

“Yep.” you say with a nod. “That's what Satori said. I guess they just latched onto me at some point, and now they're in my head and I have to go and get them out, somehow, or else they're going to take over. I think.”

“...wow.”

“Yep. Wow.”

For a few moments, the two of you simply sit there and stare at each other, neither of you sure of what else could be said after news such as that.
Not that you're surprised, by that. 'I've been possessed by evil spirits who are taking over my mind and making me want to hug and kill things' does seem like the sort of thing that would be natural conversation-killer. The sort of statement that is incredibly difficult to respond to, unless the response were something along the lines of-

“...wait. What the fuck are you still doing here?!”

Yes, a statement like that.
A statement that, coincidentally, Parsee has just uttered.
That is a perfectly natural response to your announcement.

“Don't worry, Parsee, we-”

“Don't worry?!” Parsee cuts you off, looking surprisingly more animated than she did a moment ago. “Don't worry?! Do you have any idea what those little fuckers can do?!”

“Nothing good, I'm guessing.”

“Oh-ho! You have no fucking clue.” Parsee says, gesturing with her hands.. “I mean, shit, I know I'm pretty fucked up, but that's nothing compared to what happens when just one of those nasty little shits take over. I've heard shit they've done that makes me squeamish, and I don't have a problem wi-augh Damn, my head.”

“Hey, are you okay? You don't look so good.”

Ngh...ha...fine. I'm fine.” she grunts, rubbing her temples. “I think I've just been away too long. From the bridge. Eugh. Think I'm remembering why I don't ever leave it. ...well, another reason I don't leave it.”

“Oh. Huh. Hey, speaking of which-”

“Whatever it is, forget it. You need to get the fuck outta here.”

“Well, yeah, I know, but I wanted to-”

Listen, don't fuck around with this! Get your ass back up there and get some goddamn help!” Leaning on the wall to steady herself, Parsee shakily rises to her feet. “That bitch with the armpits and talking balls, or something! Shit, just her balls, even!”

“I know, I know, she's probably an option. Probably.” you say, following Parsee's example and getting yourself off of the floor. “But first, listen, I just wanted to know-”

“What?”

“...if you wanted to come along with us.”

“...huh?

Unable to tell if she simply did not hear you, or did but was not fully processing what you were saying, you repeat yourself.

“I think you should come with us. Well, I'd like it if you came with us, anyway. ...do you want to come with us?”

At first, Parsee does not respond, but simply stares at you, dumbfounded.

“Uh, Parsee?”

“...I can't.” she eventually murmurs.

“Look, I know you say that, but what-”

“I can't!”

“Well, say you could, would you-”

STOP, okay?!” she snaps, turning away from you. “Just...just stop. Please. I can't...I just-...I can't! Okay?!”

“Parsee, please, I didn't mean to-”

“Don't. Just don't. P-please.”

“...sorry.”

Hunched over with her back towards you, Parsee suddenly seems much smaller to you. Part of you wonders if now would be the time to try for the hugging approach, but you can't tell if it would make the situation better or worse.

“I...I can guide you. Out of here.” you hear Parsee say amid a series of barely-audible sniffling. “To the bridge, at least. Maybe a little past. B-but that's it.”

Before you can say anything else, you hear voices from somewhere behind you. Glancing over your shoulder, you see Yuugi looking your way..

“Yo! You guys ready, or what?” the Oni calls out to you.

Waving back at her, you nod slightly. “Yeah, almost! Just give us another min-”

We're ready.” Parsee interjects, suddenly standing beside you.

Though you're impressed at how quickly she seemed to have regained her composure, you can't help but feel somewhat unsatisfied at just dropping the issue., but Parsee begins walking away before you can have a chance to say anything else on the matter.



A couple minutes later, you find yourself gathered with the others at Satori's doorstep. As your hostess bids your other companions farewell, you make a few more attempts at talking to Parsee, but to no avail.
Giving up, at least for the time being, you occupy yourself by watching as Satori attempts to untangle herself from Koishi's grip after the younger sibling attempted to escalate a sisterly hug into a full-on make-out session. After much struggling and groping, Satori finally succeeds at freeing herself, and makes her way over to you...
>> No. 151088
Goodbye, namek.
>> No. 151090
parting is such sweet sorrow
>> No. 151091
>Giving up, at least for the time being, you occupy yourself by watching as Satori attempts to untangle herself from Koishi's grip after the younger sibling attempted to escalate a sisterly hug into a full-on make-out session.
Heh.

Also, there was something different with today's update. I'm too stupid to know what, but it was good: I liked it more than I usually do.
>> No. 151093
>>151091

The lack of nonsensical retardness from the MC? Or the normality in this scene?

Either one is a welcome change to me. Kinda like breaking the routine.
>> No. 151096
Nice.
>> No. 151130
....and yet we didn't take the lonely witch-fairy with us. Oh well might as well move on to another area where we can tease more outcasts with the hopes of acceptance before dashing them.
>> No. 151156
File 132412195486.jpg - (1.12MB , 1024x1280 , she also ate ALL of the snacks.jpg ) [iqdb]
151156
“I had almost forgotten...” Satori says, holding up a small bag.

Realizing she was offering it to you, you gingerly accept it.
Though you can definitely feel something inside it, the lack of weight makes you wonder just what it could be.

“I am sorry to say that it is what remains of your clothes.” your hostess sighs, wearily, as you poke at the charred contents of the bag.. “As soiled as they were, it seems Okuu deemed it necessary to utilize more power than usual to clean them. Regrettably, I did not think to warn her that clothing from the surface would be more flammable than she is accustomed to dealing with, and as a result they were incinerated.”

Wow, you think to yourself, as you attempt to pick out a relatively intact-looking clump of something, only to have it disintegrate between your fingers.

“I am sorry.” Satori says, bowing her head. “I know it is not much, but if you do not mind, you are more than welcome to keep the robe. That is, if you do not find it to be too-”

What, the robe?
Hell yeah, you don't mind it!

“...-eh? Really? You do not mind it?”

Granted, it is quite pink, but damn is it ever comfortable!

“Mm, indeed. Quite durable, as well.”

Indeed, you can see how such things as resistance to ripping, tearing, staining, or even scorching would be desirable qualities in just about any article of clothing down here. Or anywhere, really.
But, you have to wonder, is taking this robe really okay?

“But of course.” Satori replies to your unspoken question. “Beyond compensation for your clothes, it is the least I can do to offer you some token of my thanks.”

Thanks? For what, you wonder?
It's not like you did anything but cause trouble for her, after all.
In fact, you get the feeling you should feel worse about it than you do.

“Mm, you are wrong.” Satori says, shaking her head. “True, I did experience some undue stress as a result of your...antics, but I am more than happy to bear it if I am able to see my sister opening up to others, however briefly it may be. I have even been given the opportunity to say 'goodbye' to her before she leaves again, for a change. I cannot even remember the last time I could do that, and I have you to thank for making this possible. Thank you.”

Before you even realize it, your hostess closes the gap between you, and you find yourself wrapped in a tight embrace.
Returning the hug, the two of you say nothing more as you stand there, arms around one another. Though it lasts but a moment, it was one where neither of you required words to convey what was in your hearts.

Then, as quickly as it had begun, the hug ended.

“Well, then, I shall allow you to be off.” Satori says, offering you a faint-yet-pleasant smile. “I do not know what the future holds, but should you ever wish to visit again, know that you will be welcome in my home.” With a final bow and wave, your hostess retreats back into her home, no doubt feeling at least some small amount of relief to be rid of the small band of lunatics and oddballs that had invaded her home.

“Well, are we gonna get movin', or what?” Yuugi asks, clearly not content with keeping still in one place without at least a drink to keep her occupied. Hardly surprising, since she does strike you as being the active type, and not just because of the whole 'Oni' thing she has going for her.

The assorted sounds of agreement from your other companions makes it clear that they, too, are ready to get moving. Throwing your own 'yep' into the mix, if only because you don't want to feel left out.

“Great!” Yuugi says, grinning. “While we're at it, whaddya say we make things interesting?”

“Er, 'interesting' how, Yuugi?” you ask, curious despite already having a vague idea of what she could mean.

“Why, with a race, of course!” the OnI woman says, confirming your suspicion. “First one to the bridge, or somethin' like that!”

“Pft. Yeah. That's going to end well.” Tenshi scoffs, rolling her eyes. “You know that nimrod can't even fly, right?”

“I am also grounded, for the time being.” Rikako adds. “I'm not certain I feel up for more than a brisk walk, frankly,”

“Heh, no problem!” Yuugi continues to grin, completely undeterred. “I can carry ya, if ya want! It'd be like havin' teams, then!”


As enthusiastic as she seems to be about the idea, you can't help but consider taking Yuugi up on her offer. It would certainly be a much faster means of travel than walking all the way back up to the surface, and you wouldn't have to feel bad about making everyone else slow down on account of your inability to do one of the few things that everyone else can do with ease

On the other hand, without knowing exactly what will happen once you return to the surface, this may be one of the last chances you'll have to enjoy not being forced to run for you life, and it would be a shame to not savor this little patch of calm before charging into the raging storm that possibly awaits you.

...but...Yuugi looks like she would really enjoy this!

Then again...gah!

What to do, what to do...?



[ ] FULL SPEED AHEAD!

[ ] TAKE IT EASY!
>> No. 151158
[x] TAKE IT EASY!
>> No. 151160
[x] FULL SPEED AHEAD!
Yeah, why not? Not like he's gonna win or anything, but he can enjoy himself for now.
>> No. 151163
[x] FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Time to brood won't help.
>> No. 151166
[x] FULL SPEED AHEAD!
>> No. 151167
[x] FULL STEAM AHEAD CAP'N
>> No. 151169
[x] FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Satori get. Delicious Mind reader.
>> No. 151170
[X] TAKE IT EASY!

Being carried by Yuugi runs the risk of accidentally winding up on the receiving end of Oni Strength. Do not want.
>> No. 151171
[x] FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Goodbye, Satorin ;_;
>> No. 151172
[x] FULL SPEED AHEAD!

How could this possibly go wrong?
>> No. 151173
[ ] FULL SPEED AHEAD!
>> No. 151177
>>151171
goodbye Parsee
Goodbye witch-fairy ;_;
>> No. 151184
[X] TAKE IT EASY!

Let's enjoy the time we have left down here.
>> No. 151207
Are we actually getting out of namek?
>> No. 151221
>>151207
Don't be silly.

You can't get off Namek without blowing it up first.

...

Better run faster. Just in case.
>> No. 151222
>>151207

Yeah, but Cell is already waiting for us outside. Maybe sleeping because it took such a long time to get to his arc.
>> No. 151252
[X] FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Chugga chugga
chugga chugga
chugga chugga
chugga chugga

CHOO! CHOO!
>> No. 151253
[x] FULL SPEED AHEAD!

we could use some fun to get people's minds off their problems.
>> No. 151286
>>151222
Does that mean we'll have to fuze with MANnosuke in order to defeat Yuuka?
>> No. 151335
>>151286
Not yet, first he has to train in the Earth Spirit time chamber. Which we clearly missed, so i doubt we can take Yuuka on.
>> No. 151337
>>151335
I doubt we'd ever be able to take Yuuka, no matter how much we trained or fused.
>> No. 151369
File 132445943663.jpg - (274.00KB , 707x1000 , OOOOOOOOH-YEEEEEEEEEAH.jpg ) [iqdb]
151369
“Let's do it!” you say, feeling curious yet eager at the prospect of high-speed flight back up through the dark, treacherous tunnels that led you down here, and straight into the arms of horrifyingly powerful being who quite possibly wishes to inflict grievous bodily harm upon you.

“Heh! That's the spirit!” Yuugi grins, as you suddenly feel yourself yanked off your feet and once into the comfortingly secure grip of the Oni's arm

“Er, you intend to carry us like...that?” Rikako asks, seemingly apprehensive about being transported under someone's arm like a cask of liquor.

“What?” Yuugi asks, briefly glancing down at you. “Ya worried about getting' dropped, or somethin'?”

“Well, no, that is not qu-WAH!” Rikako attempts to reply, before suddenly being scooped up in Yuugi's other arm.

“Great! No problem, then!” the Oni cheerfully says, ignoring her newest passenger's sputtering protests. “Anyone else wanna hitch a ride?”

Unsurprisingly, neither Tenshi nor Parsee seem particularly interested in Yuugi's invitation, the former rolling her eyes with crossed arms as the latter mutters something and takes to the air.
Medicine, on the other hand, doesn't seem to be quite so averse to the idea, or so you assume by the way she keeps fidgeting with her hands while looking at you.


[ ] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!

[ ] Suggest she goes with Tenshi and Parsee. It'll be a great chance for them to bond!




-------------------------------------------

Sorry for the really, really, really short update tonight. The next update, in the next thread, will probably be much longer. And eventful.

But mostly longer.

I just need the time and energy to do it, and both of those are going to be in short supply for the duration of this week, and possibly some of the next. After that, though, things should get better.

Well, better for me, anyway.
You, on the other hand...
>> No. 151370
File 132446027747.jpg - (23.35KB , 579x720 , glados.jpg ) [iqdb]
151370
Are going to find it's deadliness...a lot less funny.
>> No. 151371
[x] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!
>> No. 151374
[x] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!
>> No. 151375
[ ] Suggest she goes with Tenshi and Parsee. It'll be a great chance for them to bond!
>> No. 151380
[x] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!

Dawwww.

>Suggest she goes with Tenshi and Parsee.

That sounds incredibly dangerous for their health.
>> No. 151381
[x] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!

Holding a highly dangerous walking biological weapon in our hands while running. Brilliant idea, or brilliant idea?
>> No. 151383
[x] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!

My heart is ready.
>> No. 151386
[x] Suggest she goes with Tenshi and Parsee. It'll be a great chance for them to bond!

Leaving Tenshi and Parsee alone seems like it's asking for another argument. In a good way.
>> No. 151388
[X] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!
>> No. 151393
[x] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!

It's bad enough we denied the witch-fairy, it'd much worse if we denied Medi.
>> No. 151428
[X] Suggest she comes with you. You'll even hold her, if she wants!
--[X]Also, try to make sure she brings her little duplicate with her.

Su-san is horrifyingly hazardous to the punchier members of our party. Let's keep her away from them.
>> No. 151430
>>151428
I figured that was a given as her and Medi are rather inseparable. That and she's even more tsundere/yandere for the MC than Medi is.
>> No. 151500
>>151428
>>151430

Besides, how do you know that it's not Medi who's a larger duplicate of Su-san?
>> No. 151501
>>151500
Hard to tell really as Su-san in this seems to think of Medi as a child and is the more mature one despite her tiny size.
>> No. 151530
Hey, i've been thinking. What exactly is parsee bound to. The bridge or the place where the bridge is at. Because if she's bound to the bridge, why can't she just take a piece of the bridge with her when she goes elsewhere. Like a chip of wood as a necklace or something.
>> No. 151533
File 132488437425.jpg - (747.82KB , 1000x1000 , 23876704.jpg ) [iqdb]
151533
>>151530
Well, Parsee is a "bridge" princess, not a "gaping pit into Hell with a bridge on it" princess, so that might be a bit of a clue.

Though, that begs the question of what exactly is a bridge? What makes a bridge what it is? What makes a bridge not a bridge? Is a bridge merely the sum of its parts? If you take part of it away, does that piece continue to be a bridge? Am I just rambling to avoid giving you anything close to a direct answer to your original questions?

You bet your ass, I am.


Seriously, though, you'll find out soon enough.

On that note, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I should have the next thread up in a day or so.