[Return]
Archived Thread

File 132019365542.png - (1.21MB , 850x822 , thisworkstoo.png ) [iqdb]
148537 No. 148537
Round 4

Tabuki doesn't hesitate, or even really think, before acting, swinging her arm around to launch a storm of arcane fire. 1d10=9, 9d10=67+81 = 148 damage, -15mp

The newcomer is caught completely flat-footed, and every single bolt of flame slams home. Lily seems to have taken this time to erect a more normal seeming mystical barrier, a sphere of energy surrounding herself, and give a thumbs-up from inside, smiling at Tabuki.

Tabuki has just a moment to consider that this might not have been the best plan possible before the newcomer speaks up.

"Ouch." She says flatly. "Well, I was going to make you shut up or go home so I could sleep this off. But this is fine too."

Energy bolts begin to form around Lily, and the newcomer responds by launching a hailstorm of what look like exceptionally painful magic shaped into razor-edged stars, or flowers, of some kind. Agility 12d10: 9,4,7,1,8,3,4,3,5,3,8,6

Tabuki manages to heave herself out of the way of almost all of the whirling pseudo-blades, but they move unusually fast, the first is almost upon her before she can blink. Barrier, however, is in place to accept the carving impact before it can strike, and the attack disperses as it cleaves into the not-meat shield. damage: 30, barrier hp = 59

"Barrier is damaged!" It yells, voice significantly weakened from its initial bombastic state. To the side, she notes that what was only a moment ago a perfectly flawless sphere is now showing a number of ragged cuts and tears in its surface, despite that it should have no particular material to be cut or torn, and it looks like another hit will shred it entirely, as Lily launches her own barrage of equally painful-looking magic back, both dancing through each others assaults and only taking the occasional glancing hit. A little further, Meira has clearly been hit by one of the bullets, in the side that she had already been favoring, and has stopped to lean back against a wall. damage: 30, hp = 34

Tabuki glances quickly around the thunderstorm of magic cascading around the area, getting the strong feeling that she won't be able to keep things up at this level for long, with her current ability.

[ ] Action?

>> No. 148539
[x] Order Meira to get the fuck out and hide/retreat to the palace.
[x] Gravity nerf Parsee and start retreating with Lily. Cover Meira's retreat, humans don't usually respawn on their own.
[x] Repair Barrier and keep returning fire.

Look at what you've done. Tabuki wasn't fairing well against Lily, and you guys had to go and give Parsee a reason to go all out, didn't you?
>> No. 148541
Those things are doing 60 damage each. I know a couple of you don't like Tabby's build, but please stop trying to get her killed, it's childish.

Bah, no use grousing now, need to salvage this, though I will note that Parsee's a known figure and Tabuki is entirely dependent on Satori's hospitality right now, and she is not going to be happy about this.

Can't rely on wild magic, as the shield ate a third of Tabuki's reserves so if she, say, tried to wind magic up a sleep spell of some sort, there's only be a ~60% chance of success. Not something I'd bet on.

[x]Have Meira get out of range. If you can fix up Barrier on the fly without blowing half of your MP to do so, go for it, otherwise don't bother.
[x]Apologize to Parsee(while dodging)
[x]Note that, as you're probably going to be the first one out, the ale's on you over at Yuugi's.(Keep dodging)


Kinda sucks, but all I can really think of at the moment.
>> No. 148542
It looks like we've found a use for our very first magic spell! You know, blunt on those razor edged flowers.

To be frank, Parsee is probably on a similar level with Yuugi. We should just retreat. Parsee guards the bridge, and is probably more willing to troll it than run after us. She just wants us to shut up, after all.

We do have to worry about Parsee making a clone and fighting us, though. We have a better chance of winning against that, though, then against Parsee herself. Even with Lily's help. After all, Parsee has shown the ability to dodge most of Lily's shots.

[x] Order Meira to retreat in safe territory
[x] Repair Barrier
[x] Gravity nerf Parsee
[x] Get the hell out of dodge
>> No. 148543
do a barrel roll... no not really need to think on this
>> No. 148545
[x] Order Meira to retreat.
[x] Try using the blunting spell on the flowers.
[x] Repair Barrier.
[x] Tell Lily to attack or retreat on your signal.
[x] Gravity flip Parsee.
[x] If the blunting spell worked, spam it, otherwise run away.

Teamwork!
>Stop trying to get her killed.
I believe Tabby is just as capable of dancing through attacks as they are. Despite this, I'm erring on the side of caution.
>> No. 148548
Bah, I'll second this then.

[x] Order Meira to retreat.
[x] Try using the blunting spell on the flowers.
[x] Repair Barrier.
[x] Tell Lily to attack or retreat on your signal.
[x] Gravity flip Parsee.
[x] If the blunting spell worked, spam it, otherwise run away.
>> No. 148550
[x] Order Meira to retreat.
[x] Try using the blunting spell on the flowers.
[x] Repair Barrier.
[x] Tell Lily to attack or retreat on your signal.
[x] Gravity flip Parsee.

[x]Note that, as you're probably going to be the first one out, the ale's on you over at Yuugi's.(Keep dodging)
>> No. 148551
[X] Yell: "PARTY AT YUUGI'S! LAST ONE THERE IS A ZOMBIE FAIRY!" before retreating.
>> No. 148564
We hit her for 150 and her response is a flat «ouch»? Yeah, we need to run.

[x] Order Meira to get the fuck out and hide/retreat to the palace.
[x] Gravity nerf Parsee and start retreating with Lily. Cover Meira's retreat, humans don't usually respawn on their own.
[x] Repair Barrier and keep returning fire.
>> No. 148569
[x] Try combining the flame strikes into a single, focused beam.

Laser is not difficult. Tabby might be able to cause second or third degree burns with this.
>> No. 148571
File 132024259637.jpg - (31.15KB , 300x300 , 1318907174821.jpg ) [iqdb]
148571
>>148564
Yuugi has 8.5k of hp so I guess Parsee has about 4k more or less.
And she's a named character. Canon-wise, she's stronger than any fairie and that all level 1 Bosses (except for Nazrin and Yuyuko)

Yeah, our character doesn't stand a chance and never did. Can someone explain the logic behind the last vote?
>> No. 148573
>>148571
>Lily give[s] a thumbs-up from inside, smiling at Tabuki.

That's why. If we manage to retreat with Lily, I'll consider this a complete victory. Parsee would probably hold a grudge if we won, anyway.
>> No. 148577
>>148573
Compared to, say, no grudge at all if Tabby acted like a rational person and heard her out? Parsee only wanted them to take it elsewhere so she could sleep off her hangover, after all. Buying Lily a drink or two after the fight would have had a similar boost to her opinion of Tabby without pissing off the Bridge Princess.

Besides, attacking a random passerby with little-to-no provocation is going to do bad things to Tabby's rep around these parts. If this was the surface and it was some farmer asking you to take it elsewhere and you did the same thing? You'd have a dead human on your hands, and that's pretty much game over right there. Get some impulse control and look at the long game. A bit of rep with Lily means nothing if Satori kicks Tabby out(She'll probably just chew her ear off for flipping out like that, but the possibility exists).

Mind you, if Parsee can be coaxed into taking an offer for drinks, a glass or two of the wine(pricy, but would hopefully cost less than a full bottle) would probably smooth things over, so there is a way to control the damage this has done.
>> No. 148578
>>148577
Relax. I didn't hurt Parsee's influence that badly: She likes cathartic violence. Satori won't consider kicking Tabby out over this.

My long game? An alliance with Lily. We've pissed off everyone else, and Tabby won't win against the other alliances (three fairies and Cirno/Dai) alone. To that end, why settle for a modest influence increase when I could get a large one?

But I'm under no illusions that anyone gives a shit about what I want, so whatever. Tabby going it alone and getting stomped (remember Sunny's Generals? We could be getting stomped very soon.) will be fun too.
>> No. 148579
>>148578
>An alliance with Lily.
>(three fairies and Cirno/Dai)

Considering the three fairies and Lily can defeat Cirno and Day when together, I thin an alliance with Cirno/Dai would be easier to form. If a team is strong enough to not need another member, then the other team will obviously in need of more help.
>> No. 148580
>>148579
Emerald said the two alliances are fairly evenly matched. Lily tips the balance.

I don't see how an alliance with Cirno would be easier to form. She dislikes Tabby. Daiyousei dislikes Tabby because of Cirno. Sunny will dislike Tabby when she learns about the Negotiator, and she'll tell her friends to dislike Tabby. I'm not saying it'd be impossible, but it would probably be far easier to get an alliance with Lily, who does like us and who usually picks a side at random.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love an alliance with Cirno, if the opportunity presents itself. Doesn't look likely.
>> No. 148581
>>148578
She may like violence but I doubt she likes people who like to mess with her for no good reason.
>> No. 148582
Cirno and Dai's dislike is pretty mild, so it wouldn't be all that hard to turn it around later on, if the opportunity presents itself. Don't know how Sunny's group is going to take it, but as long as the Negotiator is being treated fairly well and is eventually released it shouldn't be too bad.

That said, Lily enters and leaves alliances on a whim. She's not out for turf, she's here for the entertainment value. I imagine she's seeing Tabby's entrance into the war as an excellent opportunity to shake up a rather stagnant and predictable end-game, but has also figured out that Tabby's going to need some time to get strong enough to be an actual force. She wants this, so she's giving Tabby a hand to speed things up a bit. Alliance or not, she'll attack as her whims demand, but for now I imagine she'll stick with coming down to Play now and again, to see how Tabby's managed to progress.


tl;dr: Lily doesn't care much about alliances when deciding who to go after, but Tabby's relatively safe for the time being because Lily has an interest in seeing her get stronger.
>> No. 148583
>>148582
tl;dr: You don't like Lily.

That's cool. I like Lily, despite her whims. Because of her whims, even.
>> No. 148584
[x] Order Meira to retreat.
[x] Try using the blunting spell on the flowers.
[x] Repair Barrier.
[x] Tell Lily to attack or retreat on your signal.
[x] Gravity flip Parsee.

[x]Note that, as you're probably going to be the first one out, the ale's on you over at Yuugi's.(Keep dodging)

Seems logical.
>> No. 148585
>>148583
Never said that, just that actively trying to make an alliance is pointless. As long as Tabby's keeping her interested, everything's fine.

Heck, I'm hoping she comes down every once in a while for few rounds, it's a fairly safe way for Tabby to build combat experience and try out any new spells she's dug up.
>> No. 148586
>>148585
It's not pointless. I like Lily. There's your fucking point.

She isn't going to backstab us unless it's really, really funny. And if that happens, I'll laugh my ass off. She wants what I want out of this story: entertainment.
>> No. 148588
[x] Order Meira to retreat.
[x] Try using the blunting spell on the flowers.
[x] Repair Barrier.
[x] Tell Lily to attack or retreat on your signal.
[x] Gravity flip Parsee.
[x] Note that, as you're probably going to be the first one out, the ale's on you over at Yuugi's.(Keep dodging)
>> No. 148589
>>[x] Note that, as you're probably going to be the first one out, the ale's on you over at Yuugi's.(Keep dodging)

I like this. It gives Parsee/Lily reason to want to keep you alive, as the dead would have a hard time buying them booze.
>> No. 148590
[x] Order Meira to retreat.
[x] Try using the blunting spell on the flowers.
[x] Repair Barrier.
[x] Tell Lily to attack or retreat on your signal.
[x] Gravity flip Parsee.
[x]Note that, as you're probably going to be the first one out, the ale's on you over at Yuugi's.(Keep dodging)

When in doubt placate with alcohol
>> No. 148592
>>When in doubt placate with alcohol

Amen.

[x] Order Meira to retreat.
[x] Try using the blunting spell on the flowers.
[x] Repair Barrier.
[x] Tell Lily to attack or retreat on your signal.
[x] Gravity flip Parsee.
[x]Note that, as you're probably going to be the first one out, the ale's on you over at Yuugi's.(Keep dodging)
>> No. 148593
>>When in doubt placate with alcohol

I wonder how much this is going to cut into our funds. Let's check that thread in words. Ahh, here it is. Ok, Bottled Ale will cost us 3 silvers each, and the Casks will cost us 20 silvers. I think we're going to be down a good 20 or so silvers here due to all of this.
>> No. 148594
>>148593

It's best to wait before spending money on Parsee. At best, we will only have to give her anything when after the bridge.
>> No. 148595
>>148593
You're right; we should always keep 20 silvers handy for drinking emergencies. You never know when you'll need to throw a bitchin' party.
>> No. 148597
File 13202769281.jpg - (119.20KB , 850x637 , sample_06e4cbacef71c61f4e052e4f4fafe628a0039e3d.jpg ) [iqdb]
148597
"... Meira." Tabuki says simply. "It looks like it's time for you to withdraw."

"I can still fight!" The swordswoman insists, with some heat in her voice.

"That's true." Tabuki says. "You can definitely take another of those, at that level of damage. Maybe two. But you're already injured, and you aren't going to just be better in the morning no matter what happens. I have to think about that, even with the current situation. You deal the most damage of any of the troops under my command, having you out of commission cuts the force I can bring to bear significantly. You can keep fighting now, which means that you're still good to fight tomorrow. But if you push yourself until you're bedridden, I can't direct you where you'll be needed."

"... Tch. Very well then." Meira says, seeming disgruntled at the decision. Tabuki sets a wordless hand against Barrier, forcing magic out and into its form. It hungrily accepts the offer. 1d10vsMag=6, 1d100=28, 8100*.28=2268: -2268mp, total = 3260 mp. Barrier hp = 115

"Cover Meira." She instructs. "Until she's out of range of these bullets. Don't let her be hit. Then return immediately, I'll probably have need of you still."

"BARRIER DEFENDS!" The thing proclaims, as the swordswoman eases her way off the battlefield. Tabuki sighs as she looks up at the dueling giants she's been left with.

"... I'm going to come right out and say it." She says. "I don't think I can last long at this stage. I guess drinks at Yuugi's are going to have to be on my tab." 1d10vsCha=10

Both combatants pause to consider that for a moment. No, all three combatants. At some point a mirror image of the newcomer has appeared, and Lily has been cheerfully firing at them both.

"Fair enough!" The fairy says, clearly switching targets.

"Yes, I suppose that will be fine." The newcomer agrees, turning in unison with her twin and opponent.

"Wait... wait! That wasn't an invitation!" Tabuki insists, suddenly extremely worried.

"Sorry!" Lily chirps. "But I really want to try this underground stuff, and I don't actually have any money."

"I just don't feel like paying." The other admits freely. "And while it might be likely that you'll be the first out and have to cover the bill, there's no harm in making certain of things."

"Yes there is! Lots of harm! Against me!" Tabuki yells.

"I'm willing to accept that." She says, as a veritable wall of bullets appears around the three unified enemies and crashes down. She only has a moment to try her blunting spell before she has to throw herself into dodging. mp -81

80d10 vs AGL = 7, 5, 3, 4, 6, 5, 9, 7, 9, 8, 10, 3, 5, 6, 1, 5, 8, 1, 6, 1, 10 ,1, 10, 7, 8, 3, 1, 4, 3, 1, 4, 3, 10, 5, 7, 5, 4, 8, 7, 7, 1, 5, 8, 3, 10, 1, 9, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1, 5, 10, 2, 7, 3, 1, 6, 9, 2, 9, 5, 5, 9, 1, 6, 7, 3, 7, 9, 9, 8, 1, 1, 10, 9, 9, 8, 1

Tabuki has just a moment to be very grateful that none of her opponents have been throwing around potentially fatal magical attacks, before the world fades to black around her. She dimly makes out her opponents turning back to each other and beginning their previous assaults anew, and then it's all gone.

---

Tabuki hp = 1

Tabuki gets the feeling that some time has passed before she blearily struggles back into consciousness, water being poured calmly over her head above a sink. She splutters and gasps as it's pulled away.

"Hey, there you go." Yuugi says. "Was a little worried for a second there. Looks like you came out the worse of things, huh. Parsee and your friend brought you in just a bit ago."

She waves at a nearby table where the two are sitting, Lily bouncing eagerly in place as the other one sprawls back in her chair. Both look heavily battered. Meira and Barrier, on the other side of the table, look vexed.

"... I don't think I can move on my own." Tabuki says.

"Yeah, you've looked better." Yuugi admits.

"... I may be paralyzed. My body feels numb, and I can't move it at... Oh. No, no, there it goes. That's a lot of pain indeed." Tabuki says, pupils suddenly shrinking to pinpricks as feeling returns to her.

"Booze'll help with that." Yuugi says. "... Not the moving bit. The other one."

"I might need help drinking it. I still can't move on my own." Yuugi's grip shifts, and Tabuki's head rolls limply in response, leaving her staring at a rack of bottles to the side instead of the Oni's face. "... At all."

"Yeah, I'll bet." Yuugi says. "It seems like both of them are way past your level right now. Calling them both out and daring them to put you down fast? Not smart. Cute, if you were an Oni. But still not smart."

"That was not what I said, or the plan." Tabuki insisted with some measure of exhaustion.

"Maybe not. It's how it worked out, though, isn't it?" Yuugi responds. "Eh, don't worry about it, I've got a break coming up anyway. Food-rush is over, we'll see how that Beryl of yours does at sitting behind the counter for a little bit. So what'll it be? Might want to get a cask of ale, those two look thirsty." She says, voice lowering. "And I don't advertise this, but those hold a good bit more than six bottles worth, despite that that's what the normal price works out to equal. Customers are paying extra to carry things in a convenient smaller package."

[ ] Action?
>> No. 148598
>>148597
Wow, not only did we fail that roll, we failed it spectacularly. Good thing we promised them booze and tried that blunting spell, otherwise we might be dead.

[X] Order the Cask.
[X] Ask Yuugi who a good healer might be, and what they might charge for their services.
[X] As Yuugi if she would write a quick note for us to Satori.
[X] Send Barrier to delivery that note to Satori.
>> No. 148599
Hmm, what troops do we have available here? We might want to have any available ones run some errands for us here while we're out of it.

We're going to be broke here soon, so I'm thinking we should probably send Miera/Barrier to go get our cash and buy those uniforms from Pedro (or the clothes shop) for us while we're busy being paralyzed/bedridden and entertaining Lily/Parsee.
>> No. 148600
Yay! We get a chance to improve Lily/Parsee relations. Good thing we have a really high Charisma score.

Also, lol at the epic fail. May have improved Parsee relations a little, though, with some cathartic violence against us.

We should find out how smart Barrier is. Is it fairy-level, is it our-level (9 intelligence), or is it something else? Can we even send it out on a mission that isn't protecting someone?
>> No. 148601
>>Also, lol at the epic fail. May have improved Parsee relations a little, though, with some cathartic violence against us.

Looking in the /words/ thread, our influence with Lily is currently 62, and Parsee is at 47. Meira is also now at 51 (tough lady here, not a whole lot of love to go around).
>> No. 148605
Parsee hasn't actually gotten the ale yet, so it may well improve from there; Lily's too, thinking on it.


[x]Order the cask
[x]Send Meira off to the blacksmith to get info on what it would take to fix her sword, and what sort of prices they'd be looking at for custom work. If it doesn't take all that long, ask her to let Satori know that you managed to get yourself blown up again.
[x]If the peanut gallery overhears and wants to know the story, ask Yuugi if they've gotten around to filling in the crater yet.
[x]Ask Yuugi if she knows any healers, what they'd charge, and if any of them are willing to teach.
[x]And on that note, see if she knows where the used bookstore is.
[x]See if you can repair your ambulatory meat shield in spite of your current state.

I was planning on asking the blacksmith about magical alloy refinement, but that's probably best done in person.

I... am almost tempted to ask Lily how long she's sticking around for, as she might enjoy a game of charades...
>> No. 148606
Soo. 1HP. Let's see how that turns out. (BTW, we should have taken 68-510 damage, depending on whose shots hit)

Way way back in Doll's Quest 1, we were rated at 75% health, and recovered in 24 hours. Since we have a nice round 100 HP, it'll take just shy of four days to get back up to steam without healing. If we don't do anything too stressful. We might be able to take a few days off and read books/get army things done.

I want to: apologize to Parsee, ask Lily for an alliance/ceasefire/help, and introduce ourselves. But I'm afraid any and all of those will require charisma rolls.

[X] Order the Cask.
[X] Ask Yuugi who a good healer might be, and what they might charge for their services.
>> No. 148607
can we have an influence chart update?
>> No. 148608
[x]Order the cask
[x]Send Meira off to the blacksmith to get info on what it would take to fix her sword, and what sort of prices they'd be looking at for custom work.
[x]Ask Yuugi if she knows any healers, what they'd charge, and if any of them are willing to teach.
[x]And on that note, see if she knows where the used bookstore is.
>> No. 148609
>>148597
Well, this went a lot better than expected.

[x]Order the cask
[x]Send Meira off to the blacksmith to get info on what it would take to fix her sword, and what sort of prices they'd be looking at for custom work. If it doesn't take all that long, ask her to let Satori know that you managed to get yourself blown up again.
[x]If the peanut gallery overhears and wants to know the story, ask Yuugi if they've gotten around to filling in the crater yet.
[x]Ask Yuugi if she knows any healers, what they'd charge, and if any of them are willing to teach.
[x]And on that note, see if she knows where the used bookstore is.
[x]See if you can repair your ambulatory meat shield in spite of your current state.

>>148607
There's a document in "words words words" with that info.
>> No. 148610
>>148609
>>148605

Barrier-chan is at full power.
>> No. 148611
I can't stop from laughing. So much for caution~

[x] Order a cask.
[x] Why so vexed, Meira?
[x] Small talk with everyone.
[x] Mention the letter to Lily. Maybe she can make it easier for you to deliver it.
[x] Chat with Barrier. How smart is it?
>> No. 148629
[x] Send the cask.
[x] Apologize to Parsee, and to Yuugi for bothering her.
[x] Ask Yuugi how tue girls are doing, the waitress and the soon to be brawlers, specially Emerald. It would also be nice to see her now.
[x] Ask Yuugi how she would feel if you asked to train with her. Both something physical and magical, once you learn new, stronger spells.
[x] Give Meira the day off.
[x]Ask Yuugi if she knows any healers, what they'd charge, and if any of them are willing to teach.
[x]And on that note, see if she knows where the used bookstore is.

This Yuugi is a pretty nice. Feels like the older sister Tabuki never had. It would be both amusing and heart warming if Tabby started to feel like that.

I strongly advice against sending Meira to the blacksmith. Not that fixing her sword is bad, or something, but I'm pretty sure she won't have the chance to roll for a discount, like Tabuki has. First impressions are important when doing so, and I'm sure any blacksmith would remember a sword in bad conditions like Meira's is.

Also, Emerald because this is a time where a lover is good to have nursing you. Don't bother Yuugi too much. And then some small chat.
>> No. 148636
[x] Send the cask.
[x] Apologize to Parsee, and to Yuugi for bothering her.
[x] Ask Yuugi how tue girls are doing, the waitress and the soon to be brawlers, specially Emerald. It would also be nice to see her now.
[x] Ask Yuugi how she would feel if you asked to train with her. Both something physical and magical, once you learn new, stronger spells.
[x]Ask Yuugi if she knows any healers, what they'd charge, and if any of them are willing to teach.
[x]And on that note, see if she knows where the used bookstore is.
[x] Chat with Barrier. How smart is it?
[x] Mention the letter to Lily. Maybe she can make it easier for you to deliver it.

I want everything. All of these seems nice to me.
>> No. 148640
Emerald's probably not in much better condition than Tabby at the moment. Asking how the training is going is fine, just don't expect much aside from a report.
>> No. 148664
You know, we need to figure out how to make something like a Ring of Regeneration here for Tabby.
>> No. 148665
>>148664
Fuck the "Ring of Regeneration", we need to give her something like the "Ring of Gaxx" here. Pity we couldn't give her something like "killsw01" though.
>> No. 148669
>>148640
I'm sure Emerald'd insist on being at her wife's side.
>> No. 148701
File 13204406701.jpg - (331.65KB , 500x704 , f1f702e95e8b6e23ef303a548918d5f2b785caf8.jpg ) [iqdb]
148701
"Yes, the cask." Tabuki says, already mourning the depletion of the war-funds. "Sorry to bother you about this, I'll have the money sent down right away."

"Eh, it's no problem." Yuugi says, hefting a small barrel in her other hand and carrying it to the table, jamming a spigot through a prepared hole before seating herself.

"Meira, I'll want you to head to the blacksmith, to have repair costs appraised for your sword..." Tabuki begins.

"Yeah, no you don't want that." Yuugi interrupts, pouring mugs of the frothy liquid. "Not without an escort, anyway. She walks around with you: she's one of yours, and nobody gives her a second look. More or less the same with your fairies, though it gets a lot more tempting. Human walking alone through a city of Youkai not wanted above-ground? Not a good idea. Most of them are down here because they wouldn't learn to play nice."

"... I see." Tabuki says. "I hadn't considered that. I'm more than confident in Meira, but I suppose I'll give the matter a little more thought first."

"You do that." Yuugi says.

"I'd intended to have her notify miss Satori that I'd managed to get myself injured again." She notes, sighing. "I'll have to think of something else, there, I suppose. On that note... I suppose you don't know of any healers in the area, or the rates they might charge?"

"There's supposed to be a Miko wandering around. She should still be, I haven't heard of anyone managing to catch her alone in an alley or anything." The Oni muses. "She might be able to do something, if you can find her. Your best bet is probably going to be Satori herself though. She's pretty good at this stuff. Lots of practice, from her pets getting into scuffles with each other, or one getting loose and maiming or stinging an ambassador with poison or something. Don't think you really need it though: you just got slammed with more Danmaku than you could hold up against, from what I hear. You're kind of fragile-bodied, but I'd say you'll be back in top shape in a week, at most."

"That's true, but I had hoped to accelerate the process. And I don't know the rate at which Meira heals, yet."

"You can be assured that I am in no danger from this level of injury." The samurai says, stiffly.

"I know, but I prefer that you be in good condition when I send you out." Tabuki says. "The more injured you are, the worse the state future injuries will leave you in."

Meira makes a noise of disinterest, and drinks from her mug.

"In any case... I don't suppose you know where the bookshop might be located, Yuugi?" Tabuki asks.

".... We have a bookshop down here?" The oni says blankly, then shakes her head. "Ah... sorry. But the underground city is really twisty and has badly laid out streets and walkways. There's all kinds of places here that I've never been. I wouldn't know where to start looking for it, to be honest."

"A shame." Tabuki says. "Books and magical knowledge are more my strength than direct combat. Well, I don't suppose you could help improve my physical condition?"

"You'll probably die." The oni answers without hesitation. "Even if you come at my training fully healed up and ready to go, you'll probably die, just like the fairies you sent me, and you probably won't be back in the morning like they will. So no. Sorry, again. But here, drink up some. It'll make you feel better~"

Tabuki has little choice but to swallow, as Yuugi props her head in place and tilts green fluid from a small cup into her mouth.

[ ] Action?

Silvers = 46
>> No. 148703
Hmm, not much I can think of right now.

[x]Ask if she happens to know anything about that Kristoph fellow who's preventing you from getting any further in the Burning Hells.
[x]Ask one of your fairies if they'd be willing to relay a message to Satori next time they have a break.
>> No. 148704
[x] Drink. Be merry!
[x] Talk with everyone.

I'd copy/paste my previous vote, but that feels lazy. So I'll do something even lazier.
>> No. 148705
[x] Drink. Be merry!
[x] Talk with everyone.
>> No. 148706
[x] Ask Yuugi how the girls are doing, the waitresses and the soon to be brawlers. Specially Emerald.
[x]Ask if she happens to know anything about that Kristoph fellow who's preventing you from getting any further in the Burning Hells.
[x] Ask Lily/Parsee what happened after you blacked out.
[x] Do as the doctor says and rest. At least a day or two before you can walk again, anyway.

Not much Tabby can do at the moment. Curious about how tomorrow is gonna be.
>> No. 148715
I agree with most of your suggestions here. That said, we NEED to get uniforms for the rest of our working fairies. More uniforms means that each day we get more cash. That means we can buy more shit. There are no two ways around that. We NEED to start abusing the fuck out of that in order to get our troops equiped. The fact we just got smashed so effectively is all the more proof that we can't keep fucking around here on that. We need messengers/errand-girls we can trust. I'm adding one more thing on to your vote then.

[X] Ask Yuugi how the girls are doing, the waitresses and the soon to be brawlers. Especially Emerald.
[X] Ask Yuugi if she has any advice on what we should do about the fact that we need to buy things, but can't apparently send Meira out to do that for us.
[X] Ask if she happens to know anything about that Kristoph fellow who's preventing you from getting any further in the Burning Hells.
[X] Ask Lily/Parsee what happened after you blacked out.
[x] Do as the doctor says and rest. At least a day or two before you can walk again, anyway.
>> No. 148716
We should look for ways to accelerate our workers promotion into barmaids/housemaids. Perhaps an already promoted unit, i.e. Beryl, can function as a mentor for the less experienced fairies?
>> No. 148720
Am i the only one who thinks that we can't win this? The enemy is better equipped, trained, outclasses and outnumbers us at least 10 to 1.

Somehow by sheer luck, and because they look down on us, they haven't blown us to kingdom cometh yet.

Even the MC is badly outleveled.

If this was Rance i would say we messed around too much and can't possible beat the demon army anymore.
>> No. 148721
>>148720

It’s a free for all, and our enemies do not think we are a threat worth crushing at the moment. All we need is for them to focus on each other long enough for us to get a fairly strong army. We have three enemy factions on our borders: Cirno, Sunny and Lily. None of those are likely to ally with each other so it could be possible to wage war on one of them without the others interfering, especially since we could likely do it without the other leaders knowing. It’s hard for Cirno or Lily to know what’s going on in tunnels IV.

Do also remember that our foe will not be able to focus their entire strength against us as they are in constant conflict with the other leaders on the surface. When we do go on the offensive it should be at a time when one of our foes are under serious pressure from the other factions making it difficult to spare the forces needed to knock us back. Our tactic should be to blitz as fast as possible to the tunnel entrance in tunnels IV, and if we are able to do this we will be in excellent shape.
Remember that the negotiator mentioned that Sunny had invested a great deal of resources in training and equipment for the fairies inhabiting tunnels IV. If this is true, we could get a major boost in army strength after such a conquest.

But for now we should continue to conquer neutral territory, build our army and try to dissuade the other factions from stomping us into the ground. Perhaps getting a non-aggression treaty with Lily or something.
>> No. 148723
>>148721
Use their conflict against them, build up a strong army and use their unawareness and looking down on us against them and rush them before they know what is going on.

Fuck yes, divide and conquer. But, do we have enough skills to plan strategies and play them off against each other? Last time, Cirno and the negotiator, it went horrible wrong. If that option is denied it might make things harder. She does not seem to be that kind of person too, so we maybe a more straight forward attitude is needed. It somehow pisses me off that we always need to grovel before everyone else. we should have set an example with that negotiator. What happened to her anyway?

We should also consider to level up and recruit some generals too.
>> No. 148724
>>148720
Remember the purpose of this war? It was started for fun, and it will be won when we have fun. We are having fun, right?

As for territory... there simply isn't enough territory above ground for all the fairies. Some of them are going to end up down here. Since that's the case, I don't think we should worry too much about claiming territory for "our" fairies.

I'm not saying we shouldn't try to win: winning is fun! But try not to feel sad when we suffer setbacks. They're practically guaranteed.
>> No. 148726
>>148723
We don’t need to actively pit them against each other, that‘s the status quo. Hell, Sunnys generals contemplated attacking Cirno this very turn. All we need to do is convince the other factions that stomping us is not worth the effort. Then we can expand into the murky depths freely and wait for an opportune moment to strike.

For this to work though we need intelligence on the various factions troop movements and relative strength. A spy or scout class that can move in enemy territory undetected would be ideal, perhaps Koshi can help us with that.
>> No. 148727
>>148724
You monster. Tell that to the poor fairies who get ripped apart or otherwise brutalized. Even while training.
>Then we can expand into the murky depths freely
Why do i suddenly have to think of Hidden Fun Stuff.
>> No. 148728
>>148727
They're fairies. They don't fear death and don't have the best memories. Most of them seem to consider leaving the front line a punishment. It's hard for us to understand a race like that.
>> No. 148730
>>148728

Well, Chris and Dominique are one of the eight fairies who will follow us regardless of which territories we have. So we could assume they have personal feelings towards the war.

>>148715

Calm down man. We will have time for that. The current turn hasn't finished yet.
>> No. 148733
>>148727

I highly doubt that we will piss off Makai.
>> No. 148734
>>148720
The problem is that anon choose a shitty build for the MC, and think that the strengths alone would prevail.
>> No. 148738
>>148734
To be honest, the shitty build makes this story a lot more interesting for me. It’s fun trying to work around the huge gaping holes in our characters skill set.
>> No. 148739
>>148738

Eh, I just wished Tabby had maxed charisma too.
>> No. 148740
>>148739
You want a Mary Sue. It's better this way. Much, much better.
>> No. 148741
>>148738
You mean struggle and basically have the end result be terrible 9 times out of 10? If such a character were in a DnD game, they'd have died rather early and this is without taking wrath of DM into consideration.

Then again this is /th/ and all the DnD folks with non-ornamental brains read only the Wizard story.

>>148739
Honestly such a trait would be a boon in such a position, though in this story it'd have resulted in another crippling weakness.

>>148740
Because absolutely being the suckiest leader in the fairy war is cool, right?
>> No. 148742
>>148741
This is not DnD mate, and if this had been a DnD character we would have had a party to balance out our flaws. Besides, with a benevolent DM, such a character may bring loads of fun due to all the missteps critically failed rolls could bring.

There is, by the way, no need to insult our intelligence here. The build was chosen a long time ago, in a time where this was but a fledgling story and anon had no idea that it would develop into a turn based strategy game where diplomacy would be incredible useful.
>> No. 148743
Sigh. Fine. You guys want charisma?

[x] Wild Magic: Eagle's Splendor (Charisma self-buff)

We're about to do a lot of talking. There's probably not going to be a better opportunity to try this out.
>> No. 148746
>>148739

Since when is being likeable a Mary Sue? With a min/max build, we can only have 3 (partially) maxed stats. MAG and INT usually go together with each other, so that's two. Then either we have AGI or STR to survive battles, or we take CHA and die (almost) instantly in any fight Tabby can't talk her way out of.
>> No. 148748
>where diplomacy would be incredible useful.
This, fucking this.
It would have been fun to scheme, intrigue and betray fairies. Or brutally conquer. But you couldn't have known this.
>perpertually shattered charisma
>almost whenever she opens her mouth a stream of deliberately offensive vulgarity spews out, and everyone else's urge to crush her rises
Seriously, i love this story. I read all Threads in a day.
>> No. 148752
>>Eagle's Splendor (Charisma self-buff)

Given that the stats in this game only go up to 10 (apply exceptions where necessary), and that we can naturally only put those stats up to 9, this type of spell would only give a 2+ bonus to CHA. Even at "CHA 3" we still have a 70% chance of failing that sort of roll. This of course also assumes that we succeed in the attempt.

Hmm, while Eagle's Splender would be somewhat useful as a buffing spell, if we're going to use magic to try and make up for the CHA shortcomings we need to either use those buffs alongside "Charm" spells for non-hostile encounters (and Compulsion/Warding spells for hostile encounters), or we need to try and make items like "Ring of Influence" or "Nymph Cloak" and whatnot as well. Of course, that assumes that Tabby has items she can enchant to do that, that she knows how to do those sorts of enchantments, and that she'll succeed. We're more likely to make a "Ring of Terror" that instills an aura of Terror and Hopelessness in all of those around us knowing in our luck.
>> No. 148754
>>We're more likely to make a "Ring of Terror" that instills an aura of Terror and Hopelessness in all of those around us knowing in our luck.

This sounds like it could be awesome.
>> No. 148755
Uh, guys. I think you're taking this Wild Magic thing way too far. Not only Tabuki already spent a good portion of her magical energy, she is also at 1 HP. A self affecting spell, while being a buff and all, can do great harm too. Even if it suceeds, and gives a +2 CHA, it may have an extra cost, since it's wild magic, and reduce other stats besides just depleting her magic even more.

Had Tabuki learned about this type of magic first, and mastered a few examples of it, it would perfectly fine. But now? That's definetly cheating.
>> No. 148756
>>148742
It was a stupid idea even back then as with a more balanced build the going would have been much easier overall as opposed to nearly dying of poison after 2-3 mishaps. And Kahi's kindness is the only reason things haven't ended horribly.
>> No. 148759
>>148754
Yeah, right up until it hits all of our troops too.

>>148755
Eh, "Barrier" was something we pulled out of our ass with Wild Magic as well. Besides that, Tabby normally has 8100MP, and has used 4920 of it (she should have 3180, but I guess being unconscious for a while helped push it up to 3260). Therefore, we have 3260MP to blow, and since we're going to be out of it anyways, we might as well use it to see if we can boost our stats or we can heal ourselves a bit.
>> No. 148760
>>148755
You really fucking hate wild magic, don't you? Stop pulling reasons to not use it out of your ass. There's a 10% chance it will go wrong, and a significantly higher chance it'll leave us with 0 mp. We're among friends; I don't care.

Just for you and because it won't win:
[x] Wild Magic: Heal
>> No. 148762
>>148756
Sure, it wasn’t a smart decision. It was an interesting one however, and we can’t do anything about it now so why complain? No use crying over spilt milk. We have to take what we have and make it work. Our build makes it harder, but so what? I like a challenge.
>> No. 148763
>>Therefore, we have 3260MP to blow, and since we're going to be out of it anyways, we might as well use it to see if we can boost our stats or we can heal ourselves a bit.

>>[x] Wild Magic: Heal

Motherfucker, why didn't I think of that? Alright, I'm deleting my vote and altering it to this instead.

[X] Ask Yuugi how the girls are doing, the waitresses and the soon to be brawlers. Especially Emerald.
[X] Ask Yuugi if she has any advice on what we should do about the fact that we need to buy things, but can't apparently send Meira out to do that for us.
[X] Ask if she happens to know anything about that Kristoph fellow who's preventing you from getting any further in the Burning Hells.
[X] Ask Lily/Parsee what happened after you blacked out.
[x] Wild Magic: Heal
[x] If you're still not fully able to get anything else done right away, do as the doctor says and rest.
>> No. 148764
How the hell does "Eagle's Splendor" translate to charisma anyway? I could understand agility, or maybe strength, but charisma is defiantly pushing it.

[X] Ask Yuugi how the girls are doing, the waitresses and the soon to be brawlers. Especially Emerald.
[X] Ask Yuugi if she has any advice on what we should do about the fact that we need to buy things, but can't apparently send Meira out to do that for us.
[X] Ask if she happens to know anything about that Kristoph fellow who's preventing you from getting any further in the Burning Hells.
[X] Ask Lily/Parsee what happened after you blacked out.
[x] Do as the doctor says and rest. At least a day or two before you can walk again, anyway.

No wild magic. Doing that sort or thing with less than 40% mp is pushing it.
>> No. 148765
>>How the hell does "Eagle's Splendor" translate to charisma anyway?

>>The transmuted creature becomes more poised, articulate, and personally forceful. The spell grants a +4 enhancement bonus to Charisma, adding the usual benefits to Charisma-based skill checks and other uses of the Charisma modifier. Sorcerers and bards (and other spellcasters who rely on Charisma) affected by this spell do not gain any additional bonus spells for the increased Charisma, but the save DCs for spells they cast while under this spell’s effect do increase.

That's how.
>> No. 148766
Eagle's is just a D&D reference.

Using Wild Magic for anything at the moment only has a... 36% or so chance of working, between failure chance and it just soaking up all remaining MP for no effect.

I'm not voting for it, but I don't feel like arguing against it either.
>> No. 148767
>>148762
A reminder of who's fault it is whenever the build bites us in the ass: about 90% of the time.
>> No. 148768
>>That's how.

If we're going to be using D&D spells as the basis to make up for the lack of Charisma/Strength/Luck Tabby has, then what else would be good? >>148752 mentioned charm spells, but is that it?
>> No. 148769
>>Using Wild Magic for anything at the moment only has a... 36% or so chance of working, between failure chance and it just soaking up all remaining MP for no effect.

With Wild Magic, don't we first make a Magic Roll, THEN a Cost Roll? If that's the case, shouldn't we have a 90% chance of it doing something like what we want? True, we have no idea how much it may cost us MP wise, but as we're not planning on fighting any more today, using up MP in order to heal ourselves sounds like a more than fair trade. We can then have Tabby running around buying shit, talking with people, and that sort of stuff while her MP/HP refills in the meantime.
>> No. 148770
>>148769

Do you like RPGs? What happens when you run around with 1 hp and 1 mp?

You get ambushed by Team Rocket and defeated by a level 16 zubat, that's what happens.
>> No. 148771
>>148767
Heh, I weren’t even around when this story started, started reading at thread two and didn’t start to vote before I created the spreadsheets in thread 6. Your finger pointing is misguided.

I do however dislike people who complains about our build when nothing can be done about it.
>> No. 148773
>>Do you like RPGs? What happens when you run around with 1 hp and 1 mp?

We roll for effect first. Tabby normally has 100HP, and her MAG stat is 9, so assuming Kahi keepings doing what he has been consistantly doing for the Wild Magic Rolls (1D10, followed by 1d100), our rolls should look something like this for the effect.

1 = 100HP. 2 = 80HP. 3 = 70HP. 4 = 60HP. 5 = 50HP. 6 = 40HP. 7 = 30HP. 8 = 20HP. 9 = 10HP. 10 = 0HP.

After that comes the cost roll, which can currently range from 81MP to 3260MP. So yeah, Wild Magic does seem to be a VERY good gamble here mathwise.
>> No. 148774
>>148769
Misremembered the note at the end of the last thread, so unless there's something confirming what happens if the cost roll exceeds your current MP in one of the previous threads I'm too lazy to go digging in at the moment, it's up in the air.
>> No. 148776
>>148774
If cost exceeds what's available, it just takes everything. That would mean Tabby would be left with 0MP if it happens, but would have a 90% chance of at least being above 1HP (11HP min, 100HP max). Assuming of course we don't get VERY bad rolls and are left with 1HP and 0MP, but mathwise, I'd be willing to make this sort of gamble.
>> No. 148777
>>148776
There was concern about using Wild Magic offensively and having it backfire, and the possibility of having something go MASSIVELY wrong depending on what we were doing, though the maxed out INT/MAG stats with Tabuki make that sort of scenario almost non-existant, unless we try something stupid using a black hole "Defensively", or something like that.

So yeah, unless we're making HUGE explosions, or doing something inherently dangerous, most Wild Magic failures are just going to be "Wasted MP" than anything else due to the Min/Max build she has.
>> No. 148778
Think about it for a second guys...what would happen if Tabby gets in a fight with 100hp and 0 mp? she would get steamrolled. It's a much better idea to go find a healer.
>> No. 148779
>>148778
I don't think Tabby is going to be getting into any barfights here, Lily is happy, and Parsee just wants to get drunk and go 'home'.
>> No. 148780
>>148777

Nah. Lots of things can go wrong that don't involve direct damage to tabby. I'm pretty sure we will find out some of those things if we fail a roll when Kahi is feeling particularly inventive.
>> No. 148781
>>148778
>>148779

You know, with all tunnel's passages conquered this turn, we probably will have contact with the remainning factions. Seeing them without any MP to spare is probably not a good idea. Then again, going with 1~30 HP probably isn't bright either.

At least Tabby can send someone else in her stead if she can't go meet them.
>> No. 148782
>>148780
*Snorts*

While it's true that many different things can go wrong, the build we're playing Tabby under IS good at least for fucking around with Wild Magic as the two rolls needed for that are going to be MAG and INT. The two stats Tabby is maxed out in.

But you're right, let's say we wanted to make a "Fuck up" occur. How would you go about it? Perhaps something like "Tabby has healed herself, but given herself cancer in the process."?
>> No. 148784
>>148781
This is all the more reason to get all of our workers decked out in uniforms so that they can make us enough cash for us to equip our troops. Just getting all ten of our workers uniforms means that instead of making 10 silvers a day, we make 20 silvers, and when those fairies eventually shift classes (like Beryl already has), we then make an extra 10 silvers on top of that (meaning 30 silvers a day, at a minimum). We're only making 14 Silvers per day as it is. That is pitiful. How in the hell are we going to deck out our troops in combat gear when we're only making that little cash?
>> No. 148785
>>148782

Yea, then we would have to wait till Tabby has more MP and bust out a Wild Magic: Cure Cancer.

That whole scenario would be incredibly depressing, for everyone involved. So lets try to avoid it.
>> No. 148786
>>148785

You're acting as if this sort of outcome is gauranteed, rather than the "This is the worst case I can think of, and even then this shit is silly" hypothetical it was presented as.
>> No. 148788
Kahi has said, once or twice, that the magic cost roll also helps define what happens. I interpret that to be that the cost roll determines to an extent what is going to happen. A 100% roll will do more damage than a 1% roll, even with the same magic roll, so to speak.

We also don't know what happens if we overrun our magic. We know it is all taken, but it might be a catastrophic spell failure, akin to rolling a 10. Or it might leave us bedridden with exhaustion.
>> No. 148789
>>148788

Actually, Kahi's notes on Wild Magic Rolls were in >>148318 , at the bottom of the post. The effectiveness of it depends mainly on the MAG rolls (it's why we have BARRIER, as we got a 1 on that roll). So I think we're good there on that front.
>> No. 148790
...you know, I'm kind of wondering when that Fairy with a Grudge is going to go after Tabuki.
>> No. 148791
>>148790
god damnit, you just had to jinx us, didn't you?
>> No. 148792
>>148790
You son of a biiiiiiiiiiitch.

[X] Ask Yuugi how the girls are doing, the waitresses and the soon to be brawlers. Especially Emerald.
[X] Ask Yuugi if she has any advice on what we should do about the fact that we need to buy things, but can't apparently send Meira out to do that for us.
[X] Ask if she happens to know anything about that Kristoph fellow who's preventing you from getting any further in the Burning Hells.
[X] Ask Lily/Parsee what happened after you blacked out.
[x] Wild Magic: Heal
[x] If you're still not fully able to get anything else done right away, do as the doctor says and rest.
>> No. 148793
Oh relax. Scouts say she(and totally not a carefully arranged rock pile with a breastplate taped to it) is having tea with Kristoph.
>> No. 148796
>>148790
That sounds like the perfect time/reason for a Luck roll.
>> No. 148798
>>148790
I hereby name that fairy "Morte Flambeau".
>> No. 148800
you must construct additional updates
>> No. 148801
>>148800

Please don't do that. Give the less awesome stories on /th/ some time to shine at the top of the page.
>> No. 148804
>>148786
Always plan for the worse case scenario as the moment you don't that's EXACTLY what will happen.
>> No. 148809
>>148804
The worst case scenario is we're at 1HP, utterly unable to defend ourselves, and we get attacked as >>148790 just pointed out. There is caution, and then there is paranoid stupidity. You have long since passed the point of "Caution."
>> No. 148810
Our untrained mage build sucks!
Let's ignore the ability to do whatever we want with the highest success chance available under the rules.

Yeah, no wonder it sucks. I can't imagine how terrified you guys would be if we had more balanced stats.
[x] Wild Magic: Counterfeiter
>> No. 148811
>>148798
>I hereby name that fairy "Morte Flambeau".

I support this notion.

[X] Ask Yuugi how the girls are doing, the waitresses and the soon to be brawlers. Especially Emerald.
[X] Ask Yuugi if she has any advice on what we should do about the fact that we need to buy things, but can't apparently send Meira out to do that for us.
[X] Ask if she happens to know anything about that Kristoph fellow who's preventing you from getting any further in the Burning Hells.
[X] Ask Lily/Parsee what happened after you blacked out.
[x] Wild Magic: Heal
>> No. 148813
>>148798
>>148811

I'm thinking Little Morte's disposition towards Tabuki is going to be in the 0-20 range. Also, she seems to have Battle Scarred 2 (+4 health/damage), and apparently Plate Mail (along with who knows what else). Considering she has Plate Mail, and the Battle Scarred 2 trait, it's very likely that Morte has gone down either the BattleKnight or MageKnight route in her development. Unless of course >>148793 has a point and she's gone down the Assassin route instead.
>> No. 148814
>shorter updates
Does this story need to go on hiatus?
>> No. 148816
>>148813
These are her stats: Melee Mook8-9 Melee [30]Breastplate [Survivor]

I think she got up to [Battle Scarred 3] before Kahi decided to give her a new perk that replaces battle scarred.
>> No. 148827
Why do you think she has a grudge against Tabby herself?
>> No. 148838
>>148827
Probably because we've seen her glaring directly at us after the first incident where we made her head the filling between two slices of jackboot and curb. And then we've done it to her twice more since then.

... That is a rather unpleasant wording, but it's what first came to mind.
>> No. 148839
File 132060536997.jpg - (99.91KB , 700x706 , 366f678d279a8916be336e240a1f4557.jpg ) [iqdb]
148839
"So. How're the girls doing?" Tabuki asks, once Yuugi pulls the cup away. The world has gone a little swimmy from the alcohol, already.

"Well, the wenches are doing all right." Yuugi says. "Your fighters are kind of dead right now, though." She continues without hesitation.

"... You mentioned this before." Tabuki notes. "Figuratively, or...?"

"I mean I had to wash my hands really well before I came back to work in here." Yuugi clarifies. "Everything's going more or less on schedule still, though."

"... I see." Tabuki says. "How ab-"

"Have some more booze!" Yuugi urges, putting the cup back up to Tabuki's face. She swallows rapidly again, and splutters a little when it's pulled away.

"... There's a lot more colors, suddenly." Tabuki notes aloud, as the world gets a little more blurry. "Maybe could you slow down on the drinks, so I have a chance to... to talk, think, things?"

"Yeah, sure. Talk up, but don't complain if these shmucks drink up all the ale before you get more, eh?" Yuugi says in amusement.

"Yes, I... something, buying." Tabuki says, stumbling over her words as the alcohol starts to take serious effect. "Buying. Uniforms. That. I wanted someone to do that, I think. If Meira can't, can but... isn't allowed, or... no, shouldn't, is the word, then..."

"Housemaid uniforms." Meira fills in succinctly.

"Thaats the one." Tabuki agrees. "Need to buy those from Padre. Pordon. Peter. Petrock."

"Well, you could just have her carry you there afterwards and it would still be fine, since she's not alone even though you're in bad condition... but I'll have one of your fairies run by Pedro's on the way back from here." Yuugi assures her. "By now, you'll be getting nothing from sending them off to the fairies anyway, so it's not like it matters how long you wait today, so long as you have them in the morning."

"Right. Riiight, right." Tabuki says.

"Ja, now would being an good time to asking about der ghost." A rather large scorpion says from the table, wearing a beret and holding a smoldering cigarette between its pincers.

Tabuki realizes this is excellent advice.

"Yes, like the scorpion says." She continues, ignoring puzzled looks. "That ghost that popped up in the... fiery burny... ovens, no, pits... in the hell that way."

Yuugi calmly helps out by lifting up an arm and pointing it for Tabuki, mildly amused.

"Yes. Tatwy. Ghost, person, uh.... name, I can't..."

"If he's in the first entry area of the hells, then he's probably one of the small-time souls that got left behind." Yuugi says, dropping Tabuki's arm to hang limply at her side once more. "Wouldn't know much, to be honest. Only ever bothered to learn the big names."

"Okay, so... that's fine, so... uh." Tabuki pauses to stare at the colors for a moment, before breaking out of it. "Uh. So. What... happened, actually, after I went down?"

"Fight." Parsee answers, not bothering to go into greater detail. Her eyes aren't there any more. That's just weird. You would think there would be bleeding, or... oh, no, there they are again.

"It was fun! I won." Lily says, smirking.

"You lie." Parsee counters.

"You didn't win, though."

"Neither of you won." Meira says, seeming very irritated over the matter. "You kept throwing up shields to soak the hits you couldn't dodge, and you kept making clones to do the same. You just both got sick of it after a couple hours."

The world is swimming in and out of focus. But that's fine. The little birdie with the silver tongue has whispered an excellent plan into Tabuki's ears.

"I'm going to try to fix myself. This is an excellent idea!" Tabuki says, eyes wide, as she starts to glow with focused magic.

"Yeah, that might not be such a great-" Yuugi starts to say. It's too late though.

1d10 Mag = 6, success, 1d100 = 45 percent, .45*8100= 3645. -3645mp, +10 percent maxhp = 11hp. Sober. Ill.

She can feel her body working suddenly overtime, some small measure of vitality restored with the attempt. And the bizarre sensation of feeling her vast wellsprings of magical energy suddenly and for the first time run completely dry.

Tabuki manages to weakly turn her head to the side before she vomits.

"Damn it, kid. Smart you are. But you don't do much thinking at all, do you." Yuugi says, with a note of pained amusement at the situation. She puts a finger to Tabuki's head. "... Oh yeah. That's a fever. You see, this is why you don't muck around with healing magic stuff without knowing at least a little about what you're doing."

".... I'm sober now." Tabuki mumbles. "And I feel terrible."

"No shit." Yuugi drawls. "Spewing my ale back over the table was a little bit of a hint, there."

Tabuki heaves a little, but there's nothing left in her stomach to come up at the moment, and it passes.

"Yeah, I'm thinking chatty time is over." Yuugi says. "Let's have the sword-lady haul you back up to Satori's, now."

"Bye!" Lily waves, as Parsee continues to drink in disinterest at the goings-on. Tabuki can only groan her compliance as she slowly loses consciousness for the second time today.

---

Tabuki didn't wake up again that day. In the morning, however, she drifted into consciousness to find herself in bed, with a cold compress on her forehead, and completely ravenous. Despite this, she still feels terrible, and the sudden motion of sitting up nearly makes her vomit in a way entirely unrelated to the lingering aches of play.

She spares a brief moment to wish Emerald were available to use as a crutch to hobble about on, but today is still for training. It's the last day, though. That's something. At the very least, fairies are coming in to make reports directly in her room as well, though more sedately than before.

Decisions have to be made. Then she can decide whether to try doing something, or to go back to sleep.

---

Scouting Reports

TII-1
CSx3
MMx1
DMx1

TII-2
CSx2
MMx2
DMx2

TV-1
CSx3
MMx2
DMx2

TIV-1
CSx2
ZFx2
MMx2
DMx2

Updated Reports.

XII- Passage to Tunnels VII
Ninja Fairies [Master] x2 HP 36 Damage estimate 11-18
-Equip [Flint Knivesx2] +4 damage [15-22]
-Equip [Ninja Suit] +4 HP, Ninja: variable dice D8 ->d12, no other armor permitted. [HP 40, D 15-26]
Samurai Fairies [Master] x2 HP 24 Damage estimate 21-30
-Equip [Wood 'sword'] (blunt) +3 damage [24-33]
-Equip [Samurai Robe] -2 HP, Samurai: +4 damage, no other armor permitted. [HP 22, D 28-37]

[Kristoph] HP ??? Damage ???
Zombie Fairies (a) x2
Lingering Spirit (a)
Fire Wisp
Melee Mook
Danmaku Mook [Necrophobe] x2
Frost Wisp x2
>MM[S+B] has moved from this area for purposes unknown.

Tunnels IV-4
Zombie Fairies x4
Cave Squids x2
Melee Mook x1
Danmaku Mook x2
>Wandering encounter has left this area.

Abridged War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Heavily Damaged Miko Cosplay x1
-Tiny Lamia- ??? In Satori's care.
-Housemaid Uniforms x2
56 silvers


Tabuki: hp 26, ill, mp 1200- heals 15hp, 1200mp daily
Meira: hp 40- Heals 6hp daily

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
-- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Lamia
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---[ ] If Emerald, stats increase: +5 base hp, base damage = 2d4+2, no reset of rank.
---[ ] Else: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.

-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Beryl "Feary"
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] 'MMM'
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.

- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels I area
- [ ] Tunnels II area.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
- [ ] Tunnels V area.
- [ ] Tunnels VI area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit the Clothes Shop.
[ ] Visit the Metalworker's.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Star Sapphire's tunnels. Entourage same.
-[ ] Through Lily White's tunnels.
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels V
-[ ] Through unoccupied tunnels VI
[ ] Do something with or to the captive Negotiator.
>> No. 148840
File 132060548551.png - (11.86KB , 338x439 , TunnelsIIMap.png ) [iqdb]
148840
You probably want maps, too.
>> No. 148841
File 132060553240.png - (8.98KB , 513x293 , TunnelsVMap.png ) [iqdb]
148841
So here y'go.
>> No. 148842
File 132060560215.png - (6.17KB , 380x386 , TunnelsVIMap.png ) [iqdb]
148842
Maps for everyone.
>> No. 148843
File 132060634421.png - (111.67KB , 1655x663 , Order of Battle 4 - alfabetisk rekkefølge.png ) [iqdb]
148843
Gentlemen! This is our current deployment of troops. We have 56 units under our command. Of those at least 22 are permanently committed as garrisons to hinder neutral takeover of our territories. Ten more are committed as workers and should only be used as soldiers in the direst of circumstances. Interestingly the workers count as garrisons for the area they inhabit so only 20 other fairies are needed for garrison duty.

We have four more fairies on garrison duty than we need, so four of the grey fairies in the spreadsheet can be used for combat operations. After freeing up our unneeded garrisons we have 21 soldiers and one general ready to kick ass and take names.
>> No. 148844
>>148843
This is really helpful.

Shouldn't we take some time to finally find Sakura now? This was always lingering in the back but we haven't gotten to it yet. It might be helpful.
>> No. 148846
[X] Visit the snake
[X] Spend today reading
[X] Whatever war plans you war savvy anons come up with

Placeholder vote.
>> No. 148847
File 13206086704.jpg - (72.61KB , 600x750 , Acceptance.jpg ) [iqdb]
148847
Whatever else we do:
[x] Spend the day in bed, reading a book.
- [x] Nano-medication
- [x] Calculus: for Idiots*

* If we have time to read another book as well. We jumped ahead reading Relativity, Gravitation and Cosmology before we really understood the math, and really Calculus is also a prerequisite for most of the other modern books. C:fI should let us increase our gravity-manipulation abilities significantly... we may even figure out how to make wormholes (with all the obvious logistic, strategic, and tactical advantages that implies)**.

** Warning: Interior of wormholes may contain significant background levels of Yukari.
>> No. 148849
File 132060896944.png - (80.98KB , 1444x648 , Scouting2.png ) [iqdb]
148849
Compiling scouting reports made by fairies are not the easiest thing in the world, and due to the speed at which this was done it might contain some errors.
>> No. 148853
>Wild Magic, etc

What could possibly go wrong? Nothing, right? Riiight. At least she Tabby has sobered up, though I liked Drunk

Tabby.

>>148843
>alfabetisk rekkefølge

Is that greek? It must be. Every time I see greek I have this urge of playing Seven Kingdoms, the first one.

[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit

cannot be used in war actions today.
-[x] Satori
-- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Lamia

Let's not exert ourselves too much. A nice chat with Satori shouldn't be too taxing on Tabby, what with the Mind

Reading stuff and all. We should also address these subjects, specially since Satori was somewhat bothered with us

bringing Meira in without at least warning her.



[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Meira, Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, FFA and FFB and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stationed. If any are still free, they are to join a group of their choice. You don't really care which one, as long as the girls are doing something. Or they could go check on that Kristoph spirit. Whatever.

Hooray, the uniforms have magically appeard in Tabby's misteriously renamed War Chest. Hooray!

Also, influence increase with Lily and Parsee, hooray again! Though we did lose 1 influence with Yuugi...

Triple expanding again, taking over the rest to Tunnels 4 in hope of finding the ruby vein Meira mentioned. LVIII either is it, or it's yet another damn passage. Tunnels V-1 because it's a small tunnel, plus it's a fork. Tunnels II-1 because it's a free territory wich can't be attacked by other.
>> No. 148854
>>148852
>[X] We have Directions to the Smith and Clothing shop, right? If not, let's ask for them.
[X] Go back to Pedro's, buy the leftover Housemaid Uniforms (-14 silvers each, and since he still should have two left, it should cost us -28 silvers for two), and when we get back equip them on our Housemaids working for Satori.

We have a map with the shops's locations. Pedro is also out of uniforms, for the time being.

>>148790
>MM[S+B] has moved from this area for purposes unknown.

Hah, I like how the readers have more influence than just voting. Since there isn't anyreport of her coming towards our territories, I guess we don't have to worry about her 'visiting' Tabby. For now.

Unforunatly, that also we lost the chance of recruiting her.
>> No. 148857
>>148853
Nah, not greek, norwegian. You have only deployed 18 soldier though, 4 more can be used.
>> No. 148858
>>148857
Any suggestions advice on that? I've been considering putting out a vote for having Tabby offering a reward for her Fairies bringing back any abandoned/damaged weaponry/gear, but I've been concerned that the Fairies would end up stealing shit instead and getting us in trouble in the process.
>> No. 148859
>>148857

Well, I did put that last order in the War Plans for such case. Don't know who the rest are, but they might as well be ordered to go check on Kristoph then.

>>148853

Jesus, what the hell happened to te formatting? Ok, I do use notepad to write stuff down, but this hever happened before.

>>148858

Eh, we could just order them to do so. Tabby is the boss, and it'ws not like we really have rewards to give.
>> No. 148860
File 132061267187.png - (121.11KB , 1659x735 , Proposed_Plan_of_attack1.png ) [iqdb]
148860
>>148859
Visualization of your plan, general.
>> No. 148861
>>Eh, we could just order them to do so.

That's kind of the problem. Imagine Tabby saying "I will offer a reward for any abandoned or damaged weaponry and armor you girls bring back here to me."

Followed by the fairies going "Hey, that Oni has a decent sword that he isn't using. That counts as being abandoned, right?", or "If I dent this a little bit, it would count as being damaged, right? Sweet!"

>>Tabby is the boss, and it's not like we really have rewards to give.

Food? Booze? Requests for certain weapons/armor? Time off?
>> No. 148862
>>148859
While it would be nice to find out just how badass Kristoph is, I’m a bit torn about suiciding fairies into him. Especially since they could be permanently debuffed with [necrophobe] as all the other fairies in that territory are.
>> No. 148863
We should eventually find someone who can teach our fairies about healing. It'll make us and Meira (and other Youkai/humans we may recruit in the future) more effective in the long run.
>> No. 148864
>>148860

I like you soldier. You can come over to my house and rape my sis-wait, no, you can't rape my sister. But we can chat while drinking tea and playing Seven Kingdoms.

>>148861
>Food? Booze? Requests for certain weapons/armor? Time off?

We don't have any source of food, though. If we give them any, it's coming directly from Satori's or Yuugi's kitchen.

But still, the biggest problem is what you already mentioned. I believe that promising them rewards might favor them stealing/damaging the items, instead of really looking for them. I think that if we just order them to do so, we are avoiding said problem.

Of course, that opens up the possibility of them going into the tunnels and then just take a nap or something...
>> No. 148865
>>Jesus, what the hell happened to te formatting? Ok, I do use notepad to write stuff down, but this hever happened before.

Wordwrap. Sometimes it causes line breaks like that to occur.

>>I think she got up to [Battle Scarred 3] before Kahi decided to give her a new perk that replaces battle scarred.

Kahi put a cap on Battle Scarred so that it wouldn't keep repeating itself infinitely. So once it hits 3 it becomes something else, and stops there. Ahh, here are Kahi's notes on that (from thread 4).

>>Survivor: upon acquiring the Battle Scarred trait a third time, a unit gains the Survivor trait. It confers all benefits of three separate battle scarrings, and in addition, the unit in question always counts as one rank higher than its actual rank, for purposes of determining HP and damage.

>>While it would be nice to find out just how badass Kristoph is, I’m a bit torn about suiciding fairies into him. Especially since they could be permanently debuffed with [necrophobe] as all the other fairies in that territory are.

Yeah, I'm changing that to something else then, and deleting my old vote.


>>We have a map with the shops's locations. Pedro is also out of uniforms, for the time being.

Huh, Meira must have bought those while we were out of it. My fuckup then. Then we need to equip those Uniforms to the Housemaids now, and then we'd have to pick up the last three (2 more Barmaid Uniforms, and 1 more Housemaid Uniform). Ok, changing my vote accordingly. Also, adding on that the Housemaid fairies continue doing what they've been doing with the Negotiator.


[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
--[x] Have them continue the same routine they have been doing with the Negotiator.
--[x] Assign one of the Fairies not included in the list to act as an extra guard for the Negotiator. Give them the same instructions you've given the others regarding the Negotiator.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, Ellette and Honey and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stay stationed. If any are still free, they are to join either Akira's or Deady's group.

[X] Tell Meira that even though you feel like shit, you're not going to leave your girls high and dry, and you can't keep fucking around, no matter how much you want to crawl back into bed and sleep for the next month.
[X] We have Directions to the Smith and Clothing shop, right? Let's go to them. Take Meira with us. Do your best not to vomit on her.
[X] Tell BARRIER that she is to follow. Try and talk with her if you can to get an idea on how smart she is.
[X] Go to the clothing store and get a price estimate for how much it will cost us to repair the damaged Miko outfit, as well as how much the rest of their wares will cost us.
-[X] If they're reasonable, buy as many uniforms (2 Barmaid uniforms, 1 Housemaid uniform) as you can.
-[X] If you still have enough cash to repair the Miko Uniform, do so.
[X] Go to the Smith and get a price for how much it will cost to repair Meira's sword, as well as a price listing for the weapons there.
-[X] Check to see how many silvers you might have at this point. If you have enough to buy at least one cheap weapon, either from here or Pedro's, do so. Make plans on binding a spirit/element to it in a couple days.
[X] Ask Meira her thoughts/opinions on what should be done in the next few days, especially considering that as soon as you have the funds that she will not be in combat while her sword is being repaired. Tell her that you want to get as many ideas and suggestions as possible on what to do in the meantime.
>> No. 148867
>>148865

Just a note, but the max number of uniforms for each class is five, not four. So that means in order to max out the money making potential of our workers, we need 2 more Housemaid uniforms, and 3 more Barmaid Uniforms.
>> No. 148868
From the notes on Meira a few threads ago, I'm going to guess that repairing her sword is going to be a bit more complicated than just handing over some silver, so it may be a while before the thing can be properly fixed.

I'd also recommend against travel for the time being, as she's ill enough that merely getting up makes her want to vomit, and one does not make a good impression by heaving all over someone's merchandise and passing out on their floor. Some light reading should be fine though(I'm also not entirely sure Satori would even let Tabby leave the grounds until she's feeling better).

The book list, for reference: >>146401
Nano-Medication sounds nice, but Tabby doesn't have the proper scientific knowledge to get anything out of it yet. Basic Atomic Theorems or Chemistry might be good picks. Earth and the Summer might be worth a look as well, or if you want to go for something lighter there's always a pick from the Potentially Useful Fiction pile.

As for the uniforms, Tabby might want to have a quick chat with the maids and the newer recruits at some point. Beryl shifted class pretty quickly, the other two haven't yet. I figure it's either a morale thing, or she was well disposed towards domestic work(There was a brief mention early in the story where one of the maids was having a brief moment of panic when she was getting swapped out to the front lines; might have been Beryl, thinking on it). Anyone that's more suited for domestic work should get dibs on the uniforms.
>> No. 148870
>From the notes on Meira a few threads ago, I'm going to guess that repairing her sword is going to be a bit more complicated than just handing over some silver, so it may be a while before the thing can be properly fixed.

True, but we need the price, and we need the inventory listing. While it would be "Nice" to spend the day resting, it's also inherently stupid in the long run, as we can't keep fucking around here. Tabby's forces are under-equipped and ill-prepared, and Tabby just got her face smashed in by Lily and Parsee. That is why she can't rest today, as she needs to get the uniforms. More uniforms means more money means more gear.

>>I'd also recommend against travel for the time being, as she's ill enough that merely getting up makes her want to vomit, and one does not make a good impression by heaving all over someone's merchandise and passing out on their floor.

That's also why Meira is being brought along, as she can carry us, and talk/negotiate for us if need be. We just need to go and get things done. It also gives us the chance to talk with Meira, and get ideas/suggestions from her as well.

We can spend the NEXT day in bed reading, and since we'll be making almost 16 silvers from our workers instead of the current 14, we can send out someone to buy another uniform that day for us. We keep doing this until we max out our money making potential with the Barmaids/Housemaids. Provided we get more silvers from Cavesquid meat, we can spend that money on books and whatnot on the next day as we rest. But we need money for buy things here. We NEED money. In order to get that money we first need to go buy uniforms and whatnot (you have to spend money to make money). We NEED to do this.
>> No. 148871
>>148865

Of course! We have BARRIER now! We could send someone go check on Kristoph while the Barrier protects the fairy!

Then again, repairing her is uinliely, since Tabby is out of MP at the moment, so maybe not yet...
>> No. 148872
>>We can spend the NEXT day in bed reading.

We should also ask Orin to help us get the intel Deady managed to get as well.
>> No. 148873
>>148872
Motherfucker, how in the hell did we manage to forget about this?
>> No. 148874
>>148873

Still think naked charades would be more fun. Orin would probably charge us for the service.
>> No. 148876
File 132061979410.png - (121.28KB , 1663x738 , Proposed_Plan_of_attack2.png ) [iqdb]
148876
>>148865
Almost the same plan as the previous one. The only difference is that Meira is not in the field.
>> No. 148877
>>148874
Yes, Emerald would probably approve as well. Seriously though, we need to talk to Orin 'tomorrow' and get her help on that. Maybe we can get another Fire Flinger or two out of it as well, though she'd want something bigger from us than what she asked last time.

>>148876
Well, the extra Fairie's aren't being sent after Kristoph, the three leftovers are being put in Akira/Deady's group, and Meira is being used as a temporary Taxi-cab/Bag-holder/Negotiator while we are run around buying uniforms and getting price/inventory lists.
>> No. 148878
Might as well vote on actions, while I'm still paying attention. Abstaining on the war vote though.

[x]Read a book
-[x]An Elementary Introduction to Mathematical Finance
-[x]If you're feeling up for it, read... Basic Atomic Theorems. If you aren't up for it though, just rest.
[x]Have one of your fairies buy a bottle of ale from Yuugi. You need to get rid of the Negotiator before her side comes sniffing around and catches you while you're down, and getting her thoroughly wasted and having your zombies sneak her to Sunny's encampment under cover of darkness is a good a plan as any at this point. They might even be able to do some damage on the way back.

A concession to the fiscally-minded voters, but seriously, she's sick and hurt. And if the Negotiator isn't dealt with soon, Sunny's generals are going to come down looking for her.
>> No. 148879
>>148878
Yes, so let's obviously send her back to the faction that has stated that they WANT to smash our face in for shits and giggles. God damn this post of yours is fucking stupid. Maybe we should go pick a fight to the death with a couple Oni while we're at it.


[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
--[x] Have them continue the same routine they have been doing with the Negotiator.
--[x] Assign one of the Fairies not included in the list to act as an extra guard for the Negotiator. Give them the same instructions you've given the others regarding the Negotiator.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, Ellette and Honey and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stay stationed. If any are still free, they are to join either Akira's or Deady's group.

[X] Tell Meira that even though you feel like shit, you're not going to leave your girls high and dry, and you can't keep fucking around, no matter how much you want to crawl back into bed and sleep for the next month.
[X] We have Directions to the Smith and Clothing shop, right? Let's go to them. Take Meira with us. Do your best not to vomit on her.
[X] Tell BARRIER that she is to follow. Try and talk with her if you can to get an idea on how smart she is.
[X] Go to the clothing store and get a price estimate for how much it will cost us to repair the damaged Miko outfit, as well as how much the rest of their wares will cost us.
-[X] If they're reasonable, buy as many uniforms (2 Barmaid uniforms, 1 Housemaid uniform) as you can.
-[X] If you still have enough cash to repair the Miko Uniform, do so.
[X] Go to the Smith and get a price for how much it will cost to repair Meira's sword, as well as a price listing for the weapons there.
-[X] Check to see how many silvers you might have at this point. If you have enough to buy at least one cheap weapon, either from here or Pedro's, do so. Make plans on binding a spirit/element to it in a couple days.
[X] Ask Meira her thoughts/opinions on what should be done in the next few days, especially considering that as soon as you have the funds that she will not be in combat while her sword is being repaired. Tell her that you want to get as many ideas and suggestions as possible on what to do in the meantime.
>> No. 148880
>>148879
Hey, no reason to be that rude about it. Granted, it is a stupid vote, but tone down on the personal attacks there, ok?
>> No. 148882
>>148880
More a reminder that someone needs to come up with some sort of exit strategy for this mess. I could have lived with tossing her off on to Lily and making it her opportunity for enthusiastic trollingproblem, but some folks got it into their heads that Wild Magic was some sort of infallible super ability so long as Tabby made her magic roll and that (initial) opportunity was lost. And now you folks want to send a badly beaten-up, violently ill girl with a constitution that compares unfavorably with wet tissue paper to do something other than take it easy for the day(this is, of course, assuming Satori doesn't veto the whole thing and confines Tabby to bed).

Thinking on it some more though... hmm... What sort of ribbon would be better suited to hogtying a Negotiator for gifting; yellow to represent the original owner, or pink for the intended recipient?
>> No. 148883
>>148882
Well, Lily does like us now, so I'm sure that she'd be more than happy to stop in if we send a messenger to her. She'd want to "Play" again, but that wouldn't be too bad if we set the rules BEFORE the game begins (such as "Who can make the biggest explosion in that direction (pointing away from you two) with ONE attack?"), with a prize for the winner (Beer on Tabby's account probably wouldn't hurt). Then we can throw the Negotiator to Lily, though she (along with Yuugi) would probably want details on the story behind that, which is something we'll have to plan for (do we give her the full story, the Negotiator, and maybe have Tabby bind spirits/elements to a few items for Lily, in exzchange for Lily using the Negotiator to stir up trouble with the other leaders for us?). So, let's try that in another day or so 'story' time, and discuss the general plan over in the words thread.
>> No. 148884
>>148878
The Finance book is one of the ones that Tabby really needs to have read Calculus first for.
>> No. 148885
>>148884
What the hell does Calculus have to do with Finances? Outside of fancy stuff, Calc is basically useless.
>> No. 148890
>>148885
How about making predictions based on available data and determining an optimal solution out of it?
>> No. 148891
>>148890
...
Knowing How to Do Calculus =/= Knowing How to Play People or Run Campaigns.

That said, the first thing any commander would tell you is logistics is the true key to any war. Tabuki's logistics here are dependant on her Barmaid's and Housemaids. Hence, arguing why she needs to READ about Logistics/Financing, rather than, oh I don't know, going out and ensuring her own Logistics/Financing through action, highlights why we need to avoid this sort of silliness/stupidity/trolling out of hand.
>> No. 148892
>>148890

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about. I'm hereby ordering you to stop posting for at least 12 hours.
>> No. 148895
>>148891
>>148892

Jesus guys... Calculus also apply to money and where it's best invested and how much you should use in those investments for an optimal outcome (aka how to get the most money out of several options) for long-term investments, you know? That's what I mean by predictions.
>> No. 148896
>>148895
That brings with it assumptions that likely aren't the case here. What you've said is true in a capitalist market economy with a publically traded stock market, but the issue is we're dealing with Gensokyo, not Wall Street. That is why people are calling it stupid and mocking it here. Besides, we're still dealing with day to day events like "A Zombie Ghost broke in and is Eating our BRAINS!" type situations. There is a time and place for everything, and this is neither the time nor the place for it.
>> No. 148897
There's also Flora and Fauna: An annotated guide for potential financial improvement, never know if there are any squid-bits that are potentially valuable, or varieties of shrooms that can be gathered and sold.

Or advanced warning of what could be lurking in the depths...
>> No. 148898
>>148897

shrooms would not be referenced in a book about flora and fauna.

And we could just ask Yuugi what parts of the squid are useful.
>> No. 148899
>>148897
>>148898

Well, if we can ever get our asses to the Reactor, we might be able to use books like that to figure out how to set up an underground garden to grow food in. THAT would be a valid reason to read the calculus book (help ensure we got our math right on how much of what needs to be used/taken/whatever to help make the plants grow). After all, we can make a fortune if we can grow surface food using the reactor and knowledge of planets/chemistry/science.

But we're not at that point yet.
>> No. 148903
>>148899
The only thing standing between us and that reactor is Kristoph, unless there are more badass neutral spawns behind him. We need to get some reliable intelligence on his strength before we can plan to take him down though. Unless we simply decide to go for it, box everything and a-move into him.
>> No. 148906
File 132065613372.png - (122.26KB , 1664x735 , Proposed_Plan_of_attack2b.png ) [iqdb]
148906
>>148877
Four, four leftovers. Here let me illustrate.
>> No. 148907
[x] Track down Sakura.
[x] Box everything and a-move onto Kristoph.

Fuck planning. Simple vote is simple.
>> No. 148908
>>148903
The latest report I think says he moved away.
>> No. 148909
>>148908
Nah, Kristoph is still there or we would have pounced that territory so hard and so fast that it would have been ours before Kahi even posted his next update.
>> No. 148913
[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
--[x] Have them continue the same routine they have been doing with the Negotiator.
--[x] Assign one of the Fairies not included in the list to act as an extra guard for the Negotiator. Give them the same instructions you've given the others regarding the Negotiator.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, Ellette and Honey and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stay stationed. If any are still free, they are to join either Akira's or Deady's group.

[X] Tell Meira that even though you feel like shit, you're not going to leave your girls high and dry, and you can't keep fucking around, no matter how much you want to crawl back into bed and sleep for the next month.
[X] We have Directions to the Smith and Clothing shop, right? Let's go to them. Take Meira with us. Do your best not to vomit on her.
[X] Tell BARRIER that she is to follow. Try and talk with her if you can to get an idea on how smart she is.
[X] Go to the clothing store and get a price estimate for how much it will cost us to repair the damaged Miko outfit, as well as how much the rest of their wares will cost us.
-[X] If they're reasonable, buy as many uniforms (2 Barmaid uniforms, 1 Housemaid uniform) as you can.
-[X] If you still have enough cash to repair the Miko Uniform, do so.
[X] Go to the Smith and get a price for how much it will cost to repair Meira's sword, as well as a price listing for the weapons there.
-[X] Check to see how many silvers you might have at this point. If you have enough to buy at least one cheap weapon, either from here or Pedro's, do so. Make plans on binding a spirit/element to it in a couple days.
[X] Ask Meira her thoughts/opinions on what should be done in the next few days, especially considering that as soon as you have the funds that she will not be in combat while her sword is being repaired. Tell her that you want to get as many ideas and suggestions as possible on what to do in the meantime.
>> No. 148921
Canceling >>148878

New vote:

[x]Do what Yuugi said and actually think for a change, and realize that pushing yourself will likely just worsen your condition. If you knock yourself out trying to get things done you may well be out for even longer than last time, and potentially missing the chance to give orders because you knocked yourself out for one or more days isn't worth it.
[x]Tell whatever fairies you do send to test Kristoph to pull back once you have an idea of what he's capable of.
[x]Send a fairy down to the tailor's to get an appraisal of the ruined Miko outfit and to get a price on new uniforms, and then report back to you. Haggling will have to wait until you're healthy, but if the base prices are reasonable enough you can shell out for a couple outfits at full cost.
[x]Tell Meira she's free to join one of the non-Kristoph groups. Or, if she wishes, she can hit the library to look for a book that interests her, you'll pay for it.
[x]REST. You're hurt, you're sick, and you're about as tough as wet tissue paper, pushing yourself will only make things worse. Satori's taking the time and effort to help you, don't throw that back in her face.
>> No. 148922
[x] Satori
-- [x] Meira
-- [x] Lamia

[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
--[x] Have them continue the same routine they have been doing with the Negotiator.
--[x] Assign one of the Fairies not included in the list to act as an extra guard for the Negotiator. Give them the same instructions you've given the others regarding the Negotiator.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, Ellette and Honey and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stay stationed. If any are still free, they are to join either Akira's or Deady's group.

No, seriously, what are you guys thinking, by sending Tabuki go out and do so much stuff while she is ill? How the hell do you expect her to properly bargain when she is not only with pain everywhere, but is also feverish and sick? Besides the obvious health problem, what do you expect other people's reactions will be when they meet her? First impressions are important.

The girl needs rest. I'm not even sure if she can read a book without falling asleep.
>> No. 148925
[x] Satori
-- [x] Meira
-- [x] Lamia

[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
--[x] Have them continue the same routine they have been doing with the Negotiator.
--[x] Assign one of the Fairies not included in the list to act as an extra guard for the Negotiator. Give them the same instructions you've given the others regarding the Negotiator.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, Ellette and Honey and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stay stationed. If any are still free, they are to join either Akira's or Deady's group.
>> No. 148926
Pretty much why I changed my vote, didn't think she'd be able to get all the way over to the library without keeling over. She required a strength check just to get out of bed back when she was poisoned(and not as hurt as she is now), I don't foresee her doing much of anything right now.

Seeing as talking to Satori isn't going to require much in the way of effort, as she'll likely be tending to Tabby...

>>148921
Remove any references to Kristoph, most of the war votes did away with the probe attempt, so a warning is no longer necessary.
Add: [x]Talk to Satori
-[x]Meira
-[x]Lamia
>> No. 148933
The lowest she's ever been HP wise (besides the 1HP) was around 10HP after the original fight with Yuugi (btw, the Wild Magic roll for healing took about a day off of Tabby's recovery here). The war plans are ok, but the reason they were changed was so that Meira could take us along for the trip to the stores. Keeping the same war plan votes and not accounting for that is shows a lack of perception on your front for not accounting for that and changing the vote accordingly. Also, you keep going on about "First Impressions" when the vote you're arguing against is about getting price quotes and inventory lists, which makes it seem like another perception roll failure on your part (again). Tabby isn't carrying the damn things (Meira, again), and she isn't walking (being carried and all that, by Meira, again), so I still fail to see what the issue is. So what if she falls asleep, that's what Meira is here for.

>>The only thing standing between us and that reactor is Kristoph, unless there are more badass neutral spawns behind him. We need to get some reliable intelligence on his strength before we can plan to take him down though. Unless we simply decide to go for it, box everything and a-move into him.

We need more than just intelligence, we also need weapons (making it a quicker kill and all that), and armor (making it so that our forces can better survive the encounter).

[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
--[x] Have them continue the same routine they have been doing with the Negotiator.
--[x] Assign one of the Fairies not included in the list to act as an extra guard for the Negotiator. Give them the same instructions you've given the others regarding the Negotiator.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, Ellette and Honey and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stay stationed. If any are still free, they are to join either Akira's or Deady's group.

[X] Tell Meira that even though you feel like shit, you're not going to leave your girls high and dry, and you can't keep fucking around, no matter how much you want to crawl back into bed and sleep for the next month.
[X] We have Directions to the Smith and Clothing shop, right? Let's go to them. Take Meira with us. Do your best not to vomit on her.
[X] Tell BARRIER that she is to follow. Try and talk with her if you can to get an idea on how smart she is.
[X] Go to the clothing store and get a price estimate for how much it will cost us to repair the damaged Miko outfit, as well as how much the rest of their wares will cost us.
-[X] If they're reasonable, buy as many uniforms (2 Barmaid uniforms, 1 Housemaid uniform) as you can.
-[X] If you still have enough cash to repair the Miko Uniform, do so.
[X] Go to the Smith and get a price for how much it will cost to repair Meira's sword, as well as a price listing for the weapons there.
-[X] Check to see how many silvers you might have at this point. If you have enough to buy at least one cheap weapon, either from here or Pedro's, do so. Make plans on binding a spirit/element to it in a couple days.
[X] Ask Meira her thoughts/opinions on what should be done in the next few days, especially considering that as soon as you have the funds that she will not be in combat while her sword is being repaired. Tell her that you want to get as many ideas and suggestions as possible on what to do in the meantime.
>> No. 148935
>>148933
>Also, you keep going on about "First Impressions" when the vote you're arguing against is about getting price quotes and inventory lists, which makes it seem like another perception roll failure on your part (again)

Do you really think we won't haggle when doing so?
>> No. 148936
>>Do you really think we won't haggle when doing so?

This is somehow a problem?

Sure, Tabby is at 26 HP, but I don't think she's going to fail an INT roll in asking pertinent questions. The absolute worst case scenario is Tabby falls asleep while Meira is carrying her, and Meira has to make the purchases for us (meaning no possibility of a discount), and that is the worst case here (provided we don't pull something absolutely silly out of our asses for the 'worst case'). Besides, we want Meira to be associated with "Us" in regards to the clothing store and weapons shop, that way if we do get a discount they won't (hopefully) try and use the retail price if we send Meira to go pick up purchases for us. Honestly, we need an errand-girl for that sort of stuff, but we need the cash first. Can't buy shitloads of weaponry if we don't have the silvers for it, and the uniforms are key to us getting more cash.
>> No. 148944
All that whining about people being imperceptive, and you've missed two rather important things yourself.

First: Tabby's not just hurt, that wild magic healing also caused her to come down with some undefined illness. Not staying in bed could make it worse and lengthen her recovery time substantially.

Second: You can send unassigned fairies to go shopping for you, and you can't send Meira out unescorted*. Yuugi said as much before Tabby scrambled her insides. Getting Meira's sword appraised for repairs would have to wait, along with any haggling, but they can get basic price lists, and Tabby could send them back out again to commission stuff if she's awake at some point later in the day.

You can do a rather large amount of the things in the "Go out" votes without needing to further risk Tabby's health.

*With Tabby? No problems. With just fairies? Probably a Luck roll.
>> No. 148945
>>148936
Who to say Meira won't try to haggle as I'm sure her stat spread is balanced enough that her haggling has no real flaws. Though this means she may lag behind a CHA or INT haggle specialist.
>> No. 148958
You know, I've heard someone say that they hate this story because of all the bitching and griping. Of course, they fail to account for the fact the reason this thread has more bitching and griping is due to the slow update speed. More time between updates means more time for us to interact with each-other means more time for us to find something to bitch and gripe about.
>> No. 148962
>>148870
We need money, yes, but slightly less than we need to not die.

Even if going out while weakened like this doesn't kill us on its own, it's essentially offering the locals an invitation to dinner (first, last, and only course: Tabuki Vivipary).

>>148958
... wait, what? This is one of the fastest-updating stories on THP right now.
>> No. 148979
>>148958

I really hope you mean slow relative to Kahi's other active story. Because his two stories are probably two of the most active on the board. Patchy Quest probably is the most active, too.
>> No. 148991
can we get An updated influence chart please
>> No. 148994
>>There's supposed to be a Miko wandering around.
>>It's a much better idea to go find a healer.

That Miko/Healer is the one Orin wanted info on way back when. Getting on her good side is likely to annoy Orin something fierce.

>>Tiny Lamia- ??? In Satori's care.

We will need to talk/visit Satori the next day. I'm thinking the basic plan for that day should be to have Orin help us get the info from Deady, talk with Satori, ask about the Lamia, and maybe read a book.

>>We need money, yes, but slightly less than we need to not die.

Tabby is at 26HP and 1200MP. She's ill, but she's not on her deathbed here. If she were still below 20HP, I would agree with you wholeheartedly here. As she's not, I really don't at the moment.

>>Even if going out while weakened like this doesn't kill us on its own, it's essentially offering the locals an invitation to dinner (first, last, and only course: Tabuki Vivipary).

Anything that would act on that sort of behavior would be targeting creatures like Fairies first, meaning we would already know of it. It's been stated that Meira is more of a target than any random Youkai or Fairy, but that the vast majority Youkai won't really make such a move with us nearby (too much trouble and all that).

>>C:fI should let us increase our gravity-manipulation abilities significantly

This may be possible. I doubt it though, as Tabby isn't going to sit and think about the math needed to help make things easier with her gravity powers, as almost every time she's used it it's been under duress. I do think that as >>148899 pointed out, the second we get to the Reactor we need to read the Flora/Fauna book, alongside the Calculus book.

>>Four, four leftovers. Here let me illustrate.

Hmm, looking at the enemy list, Tunnel IV Area 4 has "4 Zombie Fairies, 1 Master Zombie Fairy, 2 Cave Squid, 1 Melee Mook, 2 Danmaku Mooks". We should probably be sending at least three of the extra fairies with them for that battle. Thoughts/opinions/disagreements?
>> No. 148995
>>148991
It has been updated.
>> No. 148996
>That Miko/Healer is the one Orin wanted info on way back when. Getting on her good side is likely to annoy Orin something fierce.

Are you sure? Orin sent us out of curiosity and when we returned with info didn't seem to particularly hate her. I doubt simply asking for paid services will annoy her or Satori so long as she doesn't find Okuu. On that note if we do meet her don't mention/deny that we know anything about the nuclear reactor, or you can be sure arranging a meeting will be her price, and doing that will piss off Satori.
>> No. 148998
>>148996
Orin was wary of her, and Satori doesn't trust her because she can't really read her mind. So yeah, getting too chummy with that Miko (I think her name was Sakura) will annoy Orin (and Satori, as you just reminded me). That said, she might not actually be as insane/delusional/coerced as was believed, and getting to know her might actually end up relieving tensions rather than exasperating them. If that is the case, we might be able to make Sakura into a General. So it's a risk. One one hand, she may be exactly what Orin/Satori fear her to be. On the other hand, she just might be misguided or have nothing else to call her own (in which case, talk about an interesting ongoing theme with Tabuki's forces).
>> No. 149007
>>148936

We will have shitloads of after killing the squids. Each one gives 4 silver, if their bodies are not ruined.

That said, the uniforms can wait a bit. Not only Tabuki needs rest, there is also the possibility of the uniforms being expensive and us being unable to buy them all at once, effectively consuming another turn or forcibly removing a unit from the battles. There is also what others said about first impressions and etc.

[x] Satori
-- [x] Meira
-- [x] Lamia

Tabuki needs rest. Talking to Satori doesn't even require others to actually open their mouth.

I don't cade about the battle plans. Theyr are basically the same thing.
>> No. 149016
>>148994
The Master Zombie left, if that helps any.

And in my case, I don't think Tabby would die from going out, but she might aggravate her current injuries and illness and potentially knock herself out long enough to miss an orders phase.

As I mentioned earlier, there isn't all that much to be gained form actually going out into the city personally, as Tabby can send a couple unassigned fairies to get a basic price list for services. Inspecting Meira's sword and any haggling would have to wait, of course, but if the base prices aren't that bad she can send them back out later in the day to place orders if she's still awake.

I do agree that she should hunt down Sakura once she's healthy, if only to open up a possible Miko trainer. Having some heal bots without having to wait a couple weeks would be nice.

On that note, another thing to do would be to talk to the fairies and find out what they're good at. Beryl changed quickly, but the others haven't yet. While it might have been a morale thing related to the name incident at the bar, I recall a mention early in the story that one of the fairies looked distressed when being told she was getting taken off of maid duty, so aptitudes may play a part in this.
>> No. 149023
>>148998
>>I do agree that she should hunt down Sakura once she's healthy, if only to open up a possible Miko trainer. Having some heal bots without having to wait a couple weeks would be nice.

I'm thinking there's a way we can NEUTRALIZE any threat/harm Sakura may pose here. We'd have to run it by Satori first, but if I'm right it would earn us a SHITLOAD of respect/trust from Satori/Orin/Okuu/Sakura. How? Tabuki is, for all intents and purposes, considered a Fairy due to this war. That means that ANY deals she makes are magically binding, just like those of any other fairy. That means that if we run this by Satori first, we CAN arrange a meeting/whatever betweeen Okuu & Sakura for "X, Y, & Z", where "X, Y, & Z" could be things like "Leave Okuu alone if she doesn't agree, never attack/harm (Insert Name Here), etc." If this would work, and we have Satori to help work out the wording of any such deal, not only can we potentially get another General/Trainer out of this, we might also make an ally, or at least neutralize a potential enemy.

On that note, I'm kind of wondering why "Fairy Deal" isn't considered one of Tabby's ability perks here.

>>Not only Tabuki needs rest, there is also the possibility of the uniforms being expensive and us being unable to buy them all at once

We have 56 silvers. Even at the worst case (20 to 25 silvers) we could still buy at least two, and honestly, I doubt the uniforms are going to be more than 17 silvers at the very most.
>> No. 149024
So we can either stay still or go do something? I'd rather Tabby doing something than staying still.

[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
--[x] Have them continue the same routine they have been doing with the Negotiator.
--[x] Assign one of the Fairies not included in the list to act as an extra guard for the Negotiator. Give them the same instructions you've given the others regarding the Negotiator.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, Ellette and Honey and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stay stationed. If any are still free, they are to join either Akira's or Deady's group.

[X] Tell Meira that even though you feel like shit, you're not going to leave your girls high and dry, and you can't keep fucking around, no matter how much you want to crawl back into bed and sleep for the next month.
[X] We have Directions to the Smith and Clothing shop, right? Let's go to them. Take Meira with us. Do your best not to vomit on her.
[X] Tell BARRIER that she is to follow. Try and talk with her if you can to get an idea on how smart she is.
[X] Go to the clothing store and get a price estimate for how much it will cost us to repair the damaged Miko outfit, as well as how much the rest of their wares will cost us.
-[X] If they're reasonable, buy as many uniforms (2 Barmaid uniforms, 1 Housemaid uniform) as you can.
-[X] If you still have enough cash to repair the Miko Uniform, do so.
[X] Go to the Smith and get a price for how much it will cost to repair Meira's sword, as well as a price listing for the weapons there.
-[X] Check to see how many silvers you might have at this point. If you have enough to buy at least one cheap weapon, either from here or Pedro's, do so. Make plans on binding a spirit/element to it in a couple days.
[X] Ask Meira her thoughts/opinions on what should be done in the next few days, especially considering that as soon as you have the funds that she will not be in combat while her sword is being repaired. Tell her that you want to get as many ideas and suggestions as possible on what to do in the meantime.
>> No. 149025
[x] Summon a fire spirit into a barmaid uniform.

Yuugi demands hotter barmaids.
>> No. 149026
Agreed! Also, needs more cowbell.

[x] War plans:
-[x] Equip the Housemaid Uniforms on Keiko and Honeyweed
--[x] Have them continue the same routine they have been doing with the Negotiator.
--[x] Assign one of the Fairies not included in the list to act as an extra guard for the Negotiator. Give them the same instructions you've given the others regarding the Negotiator.
-[x] Invade Tunnels II-1 with Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina.
-[x] Invade Tunnels IV-4 with Deady, Dead2, Lost Spirit, Ellette and Honey and newly recruited DM B
-[x] Invade Tunnels V-1 with Chris, Dominique, Henna, Chiko, Yumiko and the newly recruited MM A and DM C.
--[x] General Guidelines for everyone: Take out the zombies first, then the Squids. Danmaku Mooks are to be left for last.
-[x] Roll Strategy for Group 3, if it doesn't make your head explode in pain or something.
-[x] Everyone else should stay stationed. If any are still free, they are to join either Akira's or Deady's group.

[X] Tell Meira that even though you feel like shit, you're not going to leave your girls high and dry, and you can't keep fucking around, no matter how much you want to crawl back into bed and sleep for the next month.
[X] We have Directions to the Smith and Clothing shop, right? Let's go to them. Take Meira with us. Do your best not to vomit on her.
[X] Tell BARRIER that she is to follow. Try and talk with her if you can to get an idea on how smart she is.
[X] Go to the clothing store and get a price estimate for how much it will cost us to repair the damaged Miko outfit, as well as how much the rest of their wares will cost us.
-[X] If they're reasonable, buy as many uniforms (2 Barmaid uniforms, 1 Housemaid uniform) as you can.
-[X] If you still have enough cash to repair the Miko Uniform, do so.
[X] Go to the Smith and get a price for how much it will cost to repair Meira's sword, as well as a price listing for the weapons there.
-[X] Check to see how many silvers you might have at this point. If you have enough to buy at least one cheap weapon, either from here or Pedro's, do so. Make plans on binding a spirit/element to it in a couple days.
[X] Ask Meira her thoughts/opinions on what should be done in the next few days, especially considering that as soon as you have the funds that she will not be in combat while her sword is being repaired. Tell her that you want to get as many ideas and suggestions as possible on what to do in the meantime.
>> No. 149027
>>149025
Ok, I laughed.
>> No. 149029
Really folks, Tabby's not going to do anything in her condition an unassigned fairy couldn't do just as well. Just let her rest and send out messengers for most of that stuff.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, she's injured and sick on top of being horribly frail. Going out now could well cost her her actions for the next couple of days. There really is no rush in getting Meira's sword inspected, and it'd better to have Tabby healthy for the trip to the Blacksmith in case there's an opportunity to mess around with magical alloy creation.

Thinking on it...
>>148921
>>148926
In addition to the changes to the first made by the second, add: [x]Send a fairy over to Pedro's to ask if he has any Witch/Miko/Ninja/etc outfits in stock. Tabby only asked for Bar/Housemaid outfits, he might have more stuff lying around.
>> No. 149030
>>Going out now could well cost her her actions for the next couple of days.

I don't see the issue considering that's the general idea after this run here (resting, talking with people, reading, and possibly planning how to negate/utilize the Miko as >>149023 just pointed out).
>> No. 149031
>>149023
>>149030
Hmm, so how could we possibly word that?
>> No. 149032
>>149031
The possible Fairy Deal? Easy.

"I can get a meeting set up between you two, but you'll have to agree to these terms first. (Insert Terms Here). Agree to this and I'll set up the meeting. Deal?"
>> No. 149033
Calling votes, just so people don't keep throwing new ones up while I'm in the middle of rolling or whatever.
>> No. 149034
>>149030
If she's unconscious, she can't give out attack orders, and the fairies won't do anything on that front without her input. So if she knocks herself out here, it could cost expansion opportunities for little-to-no gain.
>> No. 149035
>>If she's unconscious, she can't give out attack orders, and the fairies won't do anything on that front without her input.

That's silly. She gives the orders FIRST, runs around SECOND. Even if she stayed in bed this statement of yours would STILL be silly, as she'd STILL have to give the orders, and if "She's likely to fall unconscious doing that", then it wouldn't matter WHO'S vote won.
>> No. 149038
>>149033
The "War Plans" are pretty unanimous here, and have won no matter what the second vote part ends up as. Counting the number of votes, we have 6 for running around visiting shops and whatnot, and 4 for staying in resting/talking with Satori. We also have a few joke votes and "reading" votes as well, but those aren't too much of a concern at the moment.
>> No. 149039
>>149035
You misunderstand. I'm saying it's entirely possible she could knock herself out for more than a day given how weak she is, which would mean missing tomorrow's war orders.
>> No. 149040
>>it could cost expansion opportunities for little-to-no gain.

An extra 2 to 3 silvers per day, knowledge of inventory/price listings, the potential to get discounts, the ability to potentially get one of the uniforms repaired, improvement with Meira's disposition, plans/ideas/suggestions for the next few days, and the opportunity to give Meira a bit more authority/responsibilities in the battles to come. Yep, absolutely nothing of worth here. None whatsoever.
>> No. 149041
>>149040
And like I've been saying, repeatedly, is that most of that stuff can be handled by proxy. Try actually reading dissenting opinions before commenting on them.
>> No. 149042
>>And like I've been saying, repeatedly, is that most of that stuff can be handled by proxy.

Proxy? With most of the fairies who are dumb as fuck? Yeah, if you've noticed, it's been stated repeatedly that Meira is being brought along to carry us and any purchase we make (the Miko outfit too, so that we can potentially get a cost estimate and possibly get it repaired). If we get knocked out that is what Meira is for (our proxy). I notice continually that you keep ignoring this little tidbit of info here.

>>Try actually reading dissenting opinions before commenting on them.

Much like how you keep ignoring the context with Meira and all that? Yeah, you have no high ground to lecture others on you hypocritically myopic cunt.
>> No. 149043
I suspect all attempts to use proxies will fail because this story is complicated enough already.

>>149027
It's a serious joke vote. If clothes make the fairy class change, what would clothes with a spirit stuffed in them do? Something cool, I hope. And spell practice is spell practice.

Kahi already called the vote anyways~
>> No. 149044
>>Kahi already called the vote anyways~

Indeed, and as I pointed out in >>149038, the votes for going out to the stores have won. Focus instead on basic plans for what to do in the next day or so, as >>149030 pointed out.
>> No. 149045
>>And spell practice is spell practice.

You know, I wrote a small omake along those lines in the previous thread. Ahh, here it is. Enjoy. >>148370
>> No. 149047
>>149042
Read the last update again. Yuugi has one of Tabby's fairies stop by Pedro's to pick up the uniforms. Expanding this to having them pick up basic pricing lists and getting the torn Miko outfit appraised isn't much of a stretch.

And I am taking Meira into account, I simply don't trust Tabby to take physical stress all that well. Nearly throwing up just from getting out of bed doesn't bode well for her. But hey, I could be overestimating how sick she is. I'd just rather not act without getting more info for something like that.

And knock off the childish personal attacks, it's not doing you any favors.
>> No. 149048
>>149040

Thing is, you want to do everything at once. Not only there is not enough time for that, but it has also been shown that picking everything is not ideal. There have been updates where we tried to do so much (actually, 3 talk topics), and only a part was executed.
>> No. 149050
>>149046
You know, >>148933 did have a point. If you guys really were that concerned about Tabby's health, why didn't you change the battle plans and send Meira off with one of the battle groups to avoid the whole mess you're trying to argue against? Others have kept bringing up /th/'s lack of perception here, and while some of them are really being crass about it, it does look like they have a point, no matter how rudely they're going about it.

>>There have been updates where we tried to do so much (actually, 3 talk topics), and only a part was executed.

One of the last ones I remember was during a battle, and one of them was in this thread at Yuugi's bar where she had just offered Tabby booze.
>> No. 149051
>>149050
I noticed and adapted by having her either pick which battle group she wanted to head off with or go do some Trait hunting in Satori's library, but from what I've seen most people don't change their votes once they've been cast.
>> No. 149052
>>149050

You know, Meira shouldn't be fighting at all. Humans don't heal as fast as fairies and even Tabuki heals fasters than her.

Meira has 90 MaxHP. Currently she has 40 HP, and heals only 6 HP/day. She and Tabuki should be in bed.
>> No. 149053
>>149052
Bed rest might be a bit much, and I don't think she'd take lying around being idle all that well(if your life was directionless to the point where you thought picking a fight with the Hakurei was a good idea, you'd probably want to avoid introspection too). Until some means of accelerating her healing turn up* it's best to keep her on light combat duty where she's unlikely to take hits or sending her off to the library to go trait hunting.

*Which reminds me, should probably talk to Satori about that. Yuugi did say she was probably Tabby's best bet down here for healing skills, and though I'd imagine it'd be more non-magical first aid-type stuff every little bit helps.
>> No. 149054
>>149053
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this Meira is slightly suicidal without really knowing/understanding/acknowledging it.
>> No. 149056
File 132080529755.png - (407.37KB , 700x630 , lePierre.png ) [iqdb]
149056
Tabuki gives out orders steadily, directing troop flow despite her fuzzy head. It comes down to only a few unassigned fairies, and after a moment of hesitation, she gives up.

"You, help the maids guard the prisoner. They've been doing well enough, but I'd feel better with an actual guard." She rasps. "You others, join whichever war party you prefer."

They split up instantly as the troops head out, and Tabuki takes a few deep breaths.

"Meira." She calls. "I'd like nothing more than to stay in bed. But I need to go out. I'll have to have you carry me."

"Of course." The swordswoman says, though she grimaces a little. Tabuki resolves to do her very utmost not to vomit on her.

"Barrier, you come as well."

"BARRIER FOLLOWS!" The thing yells, completely devoid of any form of subtlety. Tabuki winces.

A few questions along the way reveal that while it's cheerful enough, and actually enjoys its duty, it's not exactly the most intelligent thing out there. A guess would put it as 'smarter than animals, dumber than fairies'. In any case, it's not long before the group arrives at the clothing shop.

"BONJOUR!" A cheery voice calls out, as Tabuki looks around to see much in the way of fabric selection, but not much in the way of clothing. "Eet is a pleasure to see you, mademoiselle customer. Appelez-moi Pierre. And what might zis humble connoisseur of fine fabrics and threads do for you?"

"I hoped to speak with you regarding two matters." Tabuki says, trying to keep the weariness out of her voice. "First, the potential repair of a heavily damaged costume. Second, the creation of uniforms like those Pedro carries in stock."

"Damage? 'Ow extensive is zis... pah. Nevair mind. Use ze cloth for rags, eef you wish, and Pierre shall craft a replacement from whole cloth, mademoiselle, wit' none of ze unsightly tear marks to be found. And Pedro? Pah. Trash stitched togezer from bits of rags by ze bone-headed apprentice is his stock-in-trade. I sell none other that ze finest crafted works of art to be worn, from ze smoothest and most appealing of fabrics. Each a masterpiece, non? Each wit' a price determined all of it's own. Does Mademoiselle see dresses hanging and waiting to be tested, non, for zat may not be ze customer's desire."

"Ah... each work is individually crafted upon order then, and you do not keep much completed stock in your inventory." Tabuki says.

"Zis is correct." Pierre states simply. "I do not do... repairs, eizer. Nor do I haggle. My price ees final, and eef you do not like it you may freely remove yourself from my presence and not bozzer to return until you are willing to pay. Zis is understood? Very good. Now, for ze lady of roughly your size and figure, my prices will start at one 'undred silvers."

Tabuki works her mouth soundlessly for a moment.

"... That's quite a bit of money." She says, after her voice returns.

"Pah. Eet is ze price one pays for art." Pierre says, snootily. "But by all means, mademoiselle, be off wit' you, and return when you have considered ze matter and realized zat you cannot bear to not be clat in ze work of Pierre."

Tabuki finds herself outside of the store, nonplussed, after a few more blurry moments.

"... That could have gone better." She admits. "Next was... The blacksmith's?"

Meira nods, and they start off, only to be halted a few streets down by a hissing noise.

"Psst. Psst! Over here. You, swordswoman, and the little lady, and the thing." A hooded figure says, attempting to call them surreptitiously over. "This is... I'm the 'boneheaded apprentice'. Over here, quickly."

Meira follows, and Tabuki listens, as the figure draws them into a side alley.

"... All right. Nobody should see or hear us here." He says, dramatically. "Now, you said you wanted uniforms? How many?"

"... Five." Tabuki says, after blinking off the unusualness of the situation. "Three housemaid uniforms, and two barmaids."

"Alright. Yes, I think I can help you." The figure says. "I have a batch that's almost ready, I can finish them and ship them to Pedro tonight, and include a note for him to hold a few of them for you. That should work fine. And you needed something mended?"

"Yes, an outfit that's... somewhat mangled." Tabuki says. "Not to the point of being unrecognizable, but beyond wearing."

"Yes, I can fix that. It won't look quite the same as before, of course, but nobody should notice at first glance. You'll have to find someplace out of sight to get it to me, and to make the monetary exchange later... call it ten silvers? But no matter what you do, don't let Pierre know. The elitist prick will absolutely flip his shit if he finds out he's been bypassed to deal with an apprentice." The figure says, chuckling. "He'll punish me. And he'll blacklist you, never make anything for you no matter how much you bring to the table."

"I see? And in spite of punishment, you offer assistance because...?"

"You wouldn't believe I just honestly want to help?" The figure asks, assuming a wounded tone. Per/Int roll = 5/1

"Not a chance." Tabuki says simply. "You come off well, I can't notice anything wrong, but I think it's unlikely. And you haven't lowered your hood. There's something more here. Instead of just insisting that the transactions take place 'unobtrusively', or 'subtly', as by slipping goods or payments beneath a table during a meal at a public restaurant, you're insisting they happen 'out of sight', someplace nobody can see or hear anything that might transpire. It doesn't paint a happy picture."

"... Caught." The figure admits. "We'll just say Pierre doesn't pay his assistants well. And I might have been hoping you'd be dumb enough to send the lovely lady carrying you to meet me alone, in a secluded place. Little chance of that, though, I suppose."

Meira is scowling darkly, now.

"I think you might find Meira a bit too tough for you to chew, if you tried." Tabuki says grimly. "But rest assured, I have no intention of letting her come to any harm that can be avoided."

"Sure, sure." The figure says, in disinterest. "I could still use the money, though. What do you say?"

[ ] Action?
>> No. 149057
TII-1

Akira, Bellflower, Newdead, Levina +Russet

vs

CSx3, MM, DM

---

Akira-x
Bellflower-x
Newdead- x
Levina- 2 damage to (d3=2) CS2(8hp)
Russet- x

CS1-x
CS2-x
CS3-x
MM-x
DM- 1 damage to Levina (14hp)

Akira- 3 damage to (d3=2) CS2(5hp)
Bellflower- 3 damage to (d3=2) CS2(5hp)
Newdead- 8 damage to (d3=3) CS3(2hp)
Levina- 3 damage to (d3=3) CS3(KO)
Russet- 1 damage to (d3=1) CS1(9hp)

CS1- 3 damage to (d5=5) Russet(7hp)
CS attempts to swallow. (HP=7/10, d10=2) It fails.
CS2- 3 damage to (d5=2) Bellflower(12hp)
CS attempts to swallow. (HP=12/15, d15=5) It fails.
MM- 2 damage to (d5=5) Russet (5hp)
DM- 1 damage to (d5=3) Newdead (29hp)

Akira- 2 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (7hp)
Bellflower- 3 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (2hp)
Newdead- 8 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (KO)
Levina- 2 damage to CS1 (5hp)
Russet- 1 damage to CS1 (4hp)

CS1- 2 damage to (d5=1) Akira (13hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=13/15, d15=8) It fails.
MM- 2 damage to (d5=5) Russet (3hp)
DM- 1 damage to (d5=5) Russet (2hp)

Akira- 2 damage to CS1 (2hp)
Bellflower- 2 damage to CS1 (KO)
Newdead- 8 damage to MM (2hp)
Levina- 2 damage to MM (KO)
Russet- 1 damage to DM (9hp)

DM- 1 damage to (d5=5) Russet (1hp)

Akira- 2 damage to DM (7hp)
Bellflower- 3 damage to DM (4hp)
Newdead- 8 damage to MM (-8hp)
Levina- 3 damage to DM (1hp)
Russet- 1 damage to DM (KO)

Newdead- 7 damage to MM (-15hp)

Victory.
MM [-15/10] Necrophobe.
+1 battle xp
Conscripted MMD[Necrophobe}, DMD
Loot -> 3 squid meat = +12 silvers

---

Tunnels IV-4

Deady, Dead2, LS, Ellete, Honey, DMB + Fabrizia

vs

ZFx4, CSx2, MM, DMx2

---

Deady-x
Dead2-x
LS- 4 damage to (d4=4) ZF4 (11hp)
Ellete- 7 damage to (d4=1) ZF1 (8hp)
Honey- 5 damage to (d4=1) ZF1 (3hp)
DMB- 2 damage to (d4=2) ZF2 (13hp)
Fabrizia- 3 damage to (d4=2) ZF2 (10hp)

ZF1:4-x
CS1:2-x
MM-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d7=6) DMB (9hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d7=7) Fabrizia (13hp)

Deady- 7 damage to (d4=4) ZF4(4hp)
Dead2- 7 damage to (d4=3) ZF3 (8hp)
LS- 2 damage to (d4=2) SF2 (8hp)
Ellete- 5 damage to (d4=1) ZF1 (KO)
Honey- 7 damage to (d3=3) ZF4 (KO)
DMB- 1 damage to (d2=2) ZF3(6hp)
Fabrizia- 2 damage to (d2=1) ZF2(6hp)

ZF2- 3 damage to (d7=4) Ellete (12hp)
ZF3- 4 damage to (d7=7) Fabrizia (11hp)
CS- 3 damage to (d7=2) Dead2 (27hp)
CS attempts to swallow (HP= 27/30, d30=19) It fails.
CS2- 2 damage to (d7=1) Deady (28hp)
CS attempts to swallow (hp=28/30, d30=30) It succeeds.
Deady takes an adittional 2 crushing and acid damage (26hp)
MM- 2 damage to (d6=3) Ellete (10hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d6=4) Honey (13hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d6=1) Dead2(25hp)

Deady begins to eat CS2 right back.
Deady- 8 damage to CS2 (2hp)

Dead2- 8 damage to (d2=2) ZF3(KO)
LS- 4 damage to ZF2 (2hp)
Ellete- 6 damage to ZF2 (KO)
Honey- 5 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (5hp)
DMB- 1 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (1hp)
Fabrizia- 3 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (2hp)

CS1- 2 damage to (d6=3) Ellete (8hp)
CS attempts to swallow (HP=8/15, d15=15) It succeeds.
Ellete takes an additional 2 crushing and acid damage (6hp)
CS2- 2 damage to (d5=4) DMB (7hp)
CS attempts to swallow (HP= 7/10, d10=5) It fails.
Deady takes an additional 2 crushing and acid damage (24hp)
MM- 1 damage to (d5=1) Dead2 (24hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d5=2) LS (10hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d5=5) Fabrizia (9hp)

Deady Rips and Tears
Deady- 7 damage to CS2 (KO)
Deady is a one-magic-zombie carnival of violence. What is left of CS1 is unsalvagable for sale.
Ellete panics and creates searing flame.
Ellete- 6 damage to CS1 (KO), 6 damage to Ellete (HALF: 3hp)
Ellete has burned her way free. CS1 corpse is burning rapidly to ash.

Dead2- 8 damage to MM (2hp)
LS- 3 damage to MM (KO)
Honey- 7 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (3hp)
DMB- 2 damage to (d2=1) DM1 (8hp)
Fabrizia- 3 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (KO)

DM1- 2 damage to (d7=1) Deady (22hp)

Deady- 7 damage to DM1(1hp)
Dead2- 8 damage to DM1(KO, -7hp)

Deady- 8 damage to DM1 (-15hp)
Dead2- 7 damage to DM1 (-21hp)
DM1 is almost completely eaten before they die.

Victory.

DM1 [-21/10] Necrophobe 2
+1 battle xp
Deady gains Inedibility 1.
Ellette gains Inedibility 2.
Conscripted MME, DME (d2=1) [Necrophobe2]
Bleak Aura [d100=1] Conscripted ZFD
Scouting TIV-5, LVIII

---

TV-1

Chris, Dominique, Henna, MMA, Chiko, Yumiko, DMC [N2]

vs

CSx3, MMx2, DMx2

Strategy Roll = 5, success. Flat +2hp.

---

Chris-x
Dominique-x
Henna-x
MMA-x
Chiko- 3 damage to (d3=2) CS2 (7hp)
Yumiko- 3 damage to (d3=1) CS1 (7hp)
DMC- 2 damage to (d3=2) CS2 (5hp)

CS1:3- x
MM1:2- x
DM1- 1 damage to (d7=4) MMA (11hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d7=2) Dominique (16hp)

Chris- 3 damage to (d3=3) CS3(7hp)
Dominique- 2 damage to (d3=2) CS2 (3hp)
Henna- 8 damage to (d3=1) CS1 (KO)
MMA- 1 damage to (d2=2) CS3(6hp)
Chiko- 2 damage to (d2=2) CS3(4hp)
Yumiko- 3 damage to (d2=1) CS2 (KO)
DMC- 2 damage to CS3 (2hp)

CS3- 3 damage to (d7=4) MMA (8hp)
CS attempts to swallow. (HP=8/12, d12=12) It succeeds.
MMA takes an additional 3 crushing and acid damage (5hp)
MM1- 1 damage to (d6=2) Dominique (15hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (d6=2) Dominique (14hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d6=5) Yumiko (15hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d6=5) Yumiko(14hp)

Chris- 2 damage to CS3 (KO)
Dominique- 2 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (8hp)
Henna- 8 damage to (d2=2) MM2 (2hp)
Chiko- 2 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (6hp)
Yumiko- 2 damage to (d2=2) MM2 (KO)
DMC- 1 damage to MM1 (5hp)

MM1- 2 damage to (d6=1) Chris (16hp)
DM1- 1 damage to (d6=3) Henna (23hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d6=1) Chris (14hp)

Chris- 2 damage to MM1 (3hp)
Dominique- 3 damage to MM1 (KO)
Henna- 8 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (2hp)
Chiko- 3 damage to (d2=2) DM2 (KO)
Yumiko- 3 damage t0 DM1 (7hp)
DMC- 1 damage to DM1 (6hp)

DM1- 2 damage to (d6=1) Chris (12hp)

Chris- 3 damage to DM1(3hp)
Dominique- 3 damage to DM1 (KO)

Victory

+1 battle xp
Conscripted MMF, DMF
Loot -> 3 squid meat = +12 silvers
Scouting TV-2, TV-3

>> No. 149058
DM- 1 damage to (d5=5) Russet (1hp)

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is an automatic no, but would this mean that Russet gains the Battlescarred trait? Or does that trait only occur when facing enemies who deal lethal damage?

Also, actions depend on price lists here.
>> No. 149059
Ah, it is good to be wrong. I thought whatever Tabby's suffering from was more serious than has turned out.

As for the offer... Hmm. Could be an odd test of sorts, but if he's serious... Could hand the ruined outfit and the payment to one of the bar fairies and have them make the exchange there tomorrow. Eh, gonna think about this one for a bit.

Also wonder if any additional traits are picked up if Inedibility stacks high enough. I suppose time will tell~
>> No. 149060
>>149058
Battlescarred requires that they're dropped deeply enough into the negative that they have a less than... I want to say a 25% chance to pull through and live.

As for prices? Pierre doesn't do repairs, won't haggle, and his cheapest commissions start at 100 silver. It will, needless to say, be a rather long while before Tabby can get stuff from him, but I imagine it'll be really good stuff.

As for the apprentice, he's going to finish up the needed uniforms and send them off to Pedro, where they'll be ready for one of Tabby's fairies to pick them up tomorrow. He's also offering to fix up the Miko outfit for 10 silver, but if she does go for it Pierre won't have anything to do with her if he finds out about it. He's also coming off as rather untrustworthy at the moment, so that's another matter to consider.
>> No. 149062
>>"Three housemaid uniforms, and two barmaids."

Kahi, you have that backwards there. Tabby needs 2 housemaid and 3 barmaid uniforms.


>>Also, actions depend on price lists here.

>>Now, for ze lady of roughly your size and figure, my prices will start at one 'undred silvers.

100 silvers to have ANY uniform created for those around Fairy size. Yeah, ouch. This might be worth it for Tabby/Emerald at a much later time, but for now, no way, no how.

>>Could be an odd test of sorts, but if he's serious... Could hand the ruined outfit and the payment to one of the bar fairies and have them make the exchange there tomorrow. Eh, gonna think about this one for a bit.

It's a dangerous one if he's the only game in town. That's the rub, Pierre has to be the only game in town. At the very least, Tabby needs to use the fact that she is magically considered a fairy to her advantage here.

[X] If you want a deal with me you'll have to agree to some terms. They're simple terms after all.
[X] The first term is that you lower your hood so that I may see your face.
[X] The second is that you will NOT tell Pierre of this meeting/exchange under any circumstances, nor inform anyone else who can tell Pierre.
[X] The third is that you will not attack ANY of those under my command.
[X] In return, I'll pay for your services, and I won't willingly speak of your involvement with this to anyone who does not already know without your consent. Do we have an accord between us?

[X] If he doesn't agree, continue onwards to the blacksmith.
>> No. 149063
>>149062
Playing Devils advocate here, but what if this is being done by, or for Pierre himself here? After all, such a 'fine' and expensive establishment is bound to leave its proprietor with a lot of spare time on his hands. This might be his way of finding honorable customers, or it might be a way of getting something to do without sullying the 'fine name' of his establishment, or who knows what else.
>> No. 149065
Honestly, I'd check with Pedro first. If he says it's fine, then I'd agree to it.
>> No. 149066
>>149062
Actually, he's not. Pedro mentioned* that his good friend Lopez runs a clothier's of his own, and he's willing to mend stuff. We can have whatever fairy we send off to pick up the uniforms tomorrow to get some written directions to the place and stop by at a later date. He may or may not charge more for repairs, but he'd be more reliable than some guy in an alleyway.

*For reference: >>144762

[x]Thank him for the offer, but decline. Start making your way to the blacksmith.


>>149063
There's also this, I was concerned with this myself, and he does seem to be one of those eccentric artsy types...
>> No. 149067
[X] Thank him for the offer, but decline. Start making your way to the blacksmith.
[X] Get a price for how much it will cost to repair Meira's sword, as well as a price listing for the weapons there for your fairies.
>> No. 149068
>Deady is a one-magic-zombie carnival of violence. What is left of CS1 is unsalvagable for sale.
>Ellete has burned her way free. CS1 corpse is burning rapidly to ash.

Hmm. Maybe we should try to avoid sending zombies and/or fire-flingers against cave squid in future. Or at least make sure the FFs keep their distance.

> alleged apprentice

Why do I get the feeling we're still not getting the whole story here? It's not that I care about keeping the Pierre option open (seriously, Pierre's wares would have to provide something like +4 bonuses to be worth the cost; I don't see us dealing with him any time soon); it's just that this guy is setting off all sorts of alarms.

[x] Unless he's willing to do it in plain sight under his own name and face, no deal.

Worst case, we can find another tailor. With that attitude, Pierre is not likely to be the only one in the whole city -- we can try asking Yuugi where she gets her outfits, if nothing else.

> Pedro
> Pierre
The blacksmith's name wouldn't happen to be any of Peter, Pyotr, or Pietro, would it?

[x] We're off to see the wizardblacksmith!
>> No. 149069
Ok, there are 12 fairy names open, so let's fill them!~
1. Elmyra
2. Usagi
3. Daria Sunshine
4. Finni Geewhiz
5. Bun-bun
6. Quincy Chili-Lover
7. Amiria Meateater
8. Ettu
9. Vanice Fire
10. Eaglehunter
11. Willow Shadytree
12. Blackheart (the) Bonebreaker

As for the new zombie, her name is now George. Why? "I'm gonna love her, and hug her, and pet her, and call her George!" That's why!

>>The blacksmith's name wouldn't happen to be any of Peter, Pyotr, or Pietro, would it?

No, it's likely going to be Yuri. Why? Yuri is manly Russian name.
>> No. 149071
>>149069

Your fairy names suck. Bring back fairy-name anon.
>> No. 149072
>>149071
Uhm, I did do the previous one. Everyone else has been too damn lazy to throw out their own suggestions. So what about them suck here?
>> No. 149073
I was looking on that spreadsheet document in words, and Beryl's XP/Rank listing shows it at "Con. 2/5". Does this mean that Beryl moved up a rank as a barmaid here?
>> No. 149074
>>The blacksmith's name wouldn't happen to be any of Peter, Pyotr, or Pietro, would it?

>>No, it's likely going to be Yuri. Why? Yuri is manly Russian name.

I'm surprised there aren't more... local names/groups in the area. Unless of course the Old Hell had an "Open Door" sort of policy to ANY groups that wanted to enter, in which case I really wonder as to what Pierre, Pedro, Lopez, and the others like that are. Creatures having to deal with specifically souls, death, or hell seem the most likely, followed by trouble making creatures in general.
>> No. 149076
>>149072

It looks like you just typed "random name generator" into google and picked the 1st 12 that popped up. They don't sound like fairies at all.
>> No. 149078
>>It looks like you just typed "random name generator" into google and picked the 1st 12 that popped up. They don't sound like fairies at all.

Eh, I made them up, same as I did last time (though I do admit that Fabrizia was named after a can of Febreze I saw in the room). Want me to try again?
>> No. 149079
>>149078

Nah. I can't be bothered to make any up, thus i'm not opposed to using whatever you come up with. All i'm sayin' is, they suck.
>> No. 149081
>>149079
Those who complain about a problem, but offer no advice or suggestions on how to fix it, are just bitching for the sake of bitching. Either give him advice on "how to make them less sucky", or piss the fuck off and bitch like a whiney cunt elsewhere.
>> No. 149082
Addendum to >>149068. (This is what I get for not refreshing the thread before posting.)

>>149062
I think you're making things too complicated. Also, you may wish to reconsider this in light of the fact that the only reason we have to think that Pierre would blacklist us is that this guy said so. (Of course, it's probably a moot point -- "walk away" will almost certainly win, but I'm okay with that.)

>>149063
Oddly enough, I do think that's pretty likely -- just because it would be hilarious -- but as you note there's no compelling or obvious motive, so it doesn't really help with handling the situation.

>>149066
You are credit to team.

>>149069
>George
>Yuri
Et tu, Anon?

...

And now I see #8 on your list. I despise you now. Just so you know.

Competing fairy-names list, stealing those of yours I like:
Anthracite, Citrine, Jade, Pietra, Usagi, Elmyra, Willow Shadytree, Vanice, Finni, Pippi, Minnie, Starlight, Capella, Kuma, Teddie, Maia, Alcyone, Electra, Merope, Pleione, Celaeno, Navi, Juli, Cheshire, Catnip, Mint, Cherry, Cantaloupe-garou.
>> No. 149083
File 132081567629.jpg - (32.41KB , 309x400 , it's only 29_95_ give it a try bro.jpg ) [iqdb]
149083
>>149081

You Don't seem to understand how opinions work.
>> No. 149084
>>149081

Don't bother. Let's see what I can come up with a second time. Keeping one or two from the last list though.
1. Vanice Fire
2. Elmyra
3. Brandy
4. Bernice Willshire
5. Finni Geewhiz
6. Ciarra Windchime
7. Yumi Gelatin
8. Willow Barkskin
9. Blackheart Bonebreaker (the foul-mouthed fairy. "Fuck you buddy, I'm my own fairy, and I don't need ANY of your approval for my name, so you can kiss my ass if you don't like it. Not on the right side, not on the left side, but right in the groove!")
10. Mimi Gentlehands
11. Virgo Ferrous
12. Houri Pineseed

I'm sticking on naming the new zombie "George" though.
>> No. 149088
>>Blackheart Bonebreaker (the foul-mouthed fairy. "Fuck you buddy, I'm my own fairy, and I don't need ANY of your approval for my name, so you can kiss my ass if you don't like it. Not on the right side, not on the left side, but right in the groove!")

My god, it's like /th/ has finally found an appropriate mascot.
>> No. 149090
>>149088
Heh, listening to half the conversations in this thread, it felt appropriate to name at least one fairy in their honor. She is the most foul-mouthed antagonistic bitch you can find, but she's honest to a tee, and beyond her foul mouthed ramblings of why there are lobotomized-chimps with more brains than us around, she not only also has some interesting observations, but some of the things she says border on being almost zen-like epiphanies.

If you can get past the urge of wanting to strangle her after cutting out her tongue, at any rate.
>> No. 149092
>11. Virgo Ferrous
"Virgo Ferrea", if you're going for what I think you're going for. (It's fundamentally terrible, and I approve wholeheartedly.)
>> No. 149093
Foul-mouthed fairy would be hilarious.

Also, I think Yumi Gelatin should be possessed by the soul of a demon overlord who ruled over galaxies untold, but now is forced to share a body with a fairy.
>> No. 149096
>>149092
... Iron Maiden? Really? It's not that I don't like it, but really? I cannot view someone named "Iron Maiden" without seeing much, much bloodshed via pointy objects being involved in her life (which side of them she's on however...).

A couple of odd thoughts. Just tossing them in the air right now; no rush.

1. For some reason, my mind is wondering about the place of our 'awakening' at the beginning of the story. Do you think there's anything of interest over that way? Other than the doll that Tabby thought was a corpse, anyways. Which could be interesting, if it's still there. But we'd have to get past Parsee's Bridge to get there, wouldn't we? Didn't Kahi say we were carried across it back when we were brought to the Palace?

2. I'm left rather curious about something. What benefit (if any) would you get from a fairy who class changed from wearing wedding clothing?
>> No. 149099
> Deady is a one-magic-zombie carnival of violence.

Yes, yes she is.

> Deady gains Inedibility 1.
> Ellette gains Inedibility 2.

What is Inedibility and what does it do for us. Because it sounds like a good thing to have.
>> No. 149107
[x] Accept his offer if he's willing to meet at Yuugi's bar and lower his hood.

This guy seems legit.
>> No. 149108
>>149099
It means enemies who wants to eat fairies and such would think twice of eating them because they look so untasty.
>> No. 149109
>>149083
Opinions can be useful if they are phrased like an opinion and give constructive feedback. As an example: I don’t like [stuff], because [reason]. If you do [stuff] I will like it more.

>>149071
This however is useless and brings nothing to the discussion.
>> No. 149110
It means they aren't pretty. Deady can never do another undercover mission again ;_;
>> No. 149115
[x] Accept his offer if he's willing to meet at Yuugi's bar and lower his hood.
-[x] and if he has a problem with that threaten to tell Pieree of the attempted scam. your not bluffing

Yuugi's bar is the best place for the exchange. If there's any trouble the poor sap will be dealing with the owner.
>> No. 149135
Sooo, what are our reasons to either accept or refuse this offer? While we can get these uniforms quickly and cheaply, we run the risk of losing access to Pierre, who seems to be the best tailor n the city and whose clothes/uniforms are probably more effective.

I also suspect greatly of this new guy. How does he know Pierre mentioned him at all?
>> No. 149136
File 132086446722.jpg - (229.83KB , 1000x1373 , 22718312.jpg ) [iqdb]
149136
Fuck Pierre's prices and fuck his "I was planning to rape Meira" assistant too. I'll be voting to rob him if he sets foot in Yuugi's bar with our goods.

And everyone knows Alice is the best tailor in Gensokyo. Accept no substitutes.
>> No. 149139
>>"Virgo Ferrea", if you're going for what I think you're going for. (It's fundamentally terrible, and I approve wholeheartedly.)

Thank you. I knew I might have screwed up somewhere with that one. Should I threw out a few more names?

>>Foul-mouthed fairy would be hilarious.

I'm halfway tempted to write "The Misadventures of Blackheart Bonebreaker (The Foul-Mouthed Fairy)!" It would feature such classics as her telling half the Elderly Humans in the Human village that "The Syphilis must have finally started affecting your venereal-disease ridden minds. You're being less stupid than normal, and that's quite an accomplishment!"

>>Fuck Pierre's prices and fuck his "I was planning to rape Meira" assistant too.

His assistant was planning on killing/eating her. He might have decided to rape her at some point (prior or after the killing), but that was secondary to the killing/eating part.
>> No. 149140
File 13208740525.jpg - (379.93KB , 800x1541 , Kryk.jpg ) [iqdb]
149140
>249 posts and 15 images omitted.

Wait, wait. This means autosage just happened. I didn't notice that was getting close. Okay, that means it's Bonus time once more. Go ahead and keep making normal votes too though, if there's any more to come in.

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

Rolling for secondary bonus... d4= 4. Alright, time to reach into the sack o' random hints. .... Oh, you got something pretty okay this time. Could be better, but not useless.

---

"Strong spirits, like those with remembered names, are generally much more difficult to force into line than weak ones, but usually have better benefits when bound into a talisman or other item. These tend to reflect the spirit's nature in life. A powerful wizard would likely improve ones own magical aptitude, and a mighty warrior could lend strength to one's blows. Of course, it's likely that they will retain some level of their own consciousness through the binding, which can bring headaches in and of itself, if they start rambling in your head and trying to nudge you into doing things. Usually best ignored." - Ruminations of Shaman Kryk, spiritual medium and binder of wayward souls.
>> No. 149141
[X] Background Information (Kristoph)

Oh, and Kahi? Did you forget to update XP gain on the lost spirit this turn?
>> No. 149142
..... /did/ I? Going back to check and add things again. Don't think I did...

... No, I didn't. It looks like I /might/ have missed bumping it up a point last time though, because it was at 2 when I made the sheet, and it's fought twice since. So it should be at 4, yes. Fixing that.
>> No. 149143
>>149142
Ah, then the numbers add up and all is right in the world~
>> No. 149144
>>149068
Bit late, but I'm pretty sure this is where Yuugi gets her outfits, as this is the shop she gave Tabby directions to.


Huh, so if Tabby can bash Kristoph into submission, she can shove him in an object for better bonuses? Interesting... Mind you, I imagine it'd come at a nasty penalty to the Binding check until her skills with it improve, but good to know for the future.

Hmmm... Torn between getting an advanced report on one of the deeper caves in the new areas to check for resources, or to get background info on Lily to get a better idea of how she'd react to being handed a tasty trolling opportunity on a golden platter. Thoughts?
>> No. 149146
>>149144
Advanced scouting for resources: It is nice but is it really needed at the moment? Perhaps something that can be postponed until the next bonus time? We will probably only be able to expand twice before next auto sage at the speed we are currently going anyway, so I don’t think it’s really that pressing.

Lilly: Should be very useful especially since it’s only a matter of time before that berserker general comes down to search for our “guest”.

I also think it could be useful to gather info on Kristoph to see if we really need to bash his head in or if he can be removed by alternate methods.
>> No. 149148
[x] Background information - Daiyousei

>Kristoph
Oh, sure, pick the named mook. Typical.
>> No. 149150
[x] Accept his offer for the Barmaid and Housemaid uniforms.

C'mon, Pierre is too damn expensive. I imagine his shop probably offers high-level, end-game equipment, but we just need those to make a few more bucks, and spending 500sc to increase the income by 5sc seems counter-productive. That's a hundread turns before they pay off.

[X] Choice not taken - Accept the Boneheaded Assitant's offer

Loophole? It hasn't been taken yet, so technically...

Ok, ok. If that's not acceptable, then...
[x] Background Information - Koishi Komeiji.

Or, if Koishi is unavaiable since we haven't met her yet:
[x] Advanced Scouting Report - The area after Parsee's Bridge, towards the surface.
>> No. 149155
So, we have the "bone-headed apprentice", who Pierre stated "And Pedro? Pah. Trash stitched togezer from bits of rags by ze bone-headed apprentice is his stock-in-trade."

But from Pedro himself we have the statement "If you must have them sooner, my good friend Lopez runs a clothier's shop, for the mending and stitching of new garments".

[X] "I mean no disrespect, but this entire situation seems suspect given what I know and what I've been told."
[X] Thank him for the offer, but decline. Start making your way to the blacksmith.
[X] Get a price for how much it will cost to repair Meira's sword, as well as a price listing for the weapons there for your fairies.
>> No. 149156
[x] Background information - Lily
>> No. 149160
The only characters who matter Background-Wise at the moment are Kristoph, Lily, and Sunny. These are the ones that we will be directly interacting with, after all. Beyond them, the only other ones that matter at the moment are the named Shopkeepers.

If we were going to do "A Choice Not Taken", I would ask one of the two I asked last time, which was

#1 [X] What would have happened had Deady gotten hold of that chest key?

or

#2 [X] What would have happened had Tabuki got it in her head to try and turn one of her Zombie!Fairies into a 'Lich!Fairy' (with all that goes along with that)?
>> No. 149161
Hmm... yeah, we'll hit the next junctions soon enough.

[x]Background Information: Lily

Might be something useful.
>> No. 149168
[X]Background Information: Lily

But go with:

[X] What would have happened had Tabuki got it in her head to try and turn one of her Zombie!Fairies into a 'Lich!Fairy' (with all that goes along with that)?

If possible.
>> No. 149176
[X] Background Information: Shaman Kryk

Yup.
>> No. 149189
[X]Advanced scouting. Marisa's house(or the area around it).

It would be helpful to know who owns that area. or if none will dare approach due to high risk of master spark. This way we now who to bribe to let us though.
>> No. 149190
>>149189
Can we please gather information like a normal person, instead of relying on extra-narrative bonuses? It's bad enough that character backgrounds are being handed out for free.
>> No. 149200
>>149168
Why the obsession with the Lich thing? Tabby wouldn't even know where to begin for something like that.
>> No. 149201
>>149189
>>149190

Advanced scouting isn't very meta-ish, since we will end up revealing the entire area once we have access to it. It's also very useful to check on enemy territories without engaging them though I doubt it would be useful on non-war business, like delivering Mima's letter.
>> No. 149206
Hmm, "obsession" is a bit strong a word. "Insistence", perhaps? At any rate, Tabby's going to need a lot more experience with necromancy before she can think of trying to pull something like that off.
>> No. 149207
As far as crazy shit we'll probably never do goes, I'd rather get good enough at summoning rock spirits into rocks that Tabby summons them unconsciously. Small gods everywhere~

Maybe some of them would have rock spirits already and we'd get to watch them duke it out over a rock.
>> No. 149212
I don't know how we plan on making a zombie a lich since liches are technically living people. On a side note lich =\= powerful magic (unlike what RPGs want you to believe) user, it just happens that powerful magic users became liches.
>> No. 149222
File 132095693332.jpg - (1.08MB , 850x1007 , sample_a579c750a5c750cb3b725476b71c997de34d3214.jpg ) [iqdb]
149222
Whimsical and driven by odd moods, Lily White is in all respects probably the most Fairy-like Fairy leading an army in the war-games. She is less motivated by 'victory' or 'scores to settle' than she is by 'killing time between spring announcements' and 'what would be interesting to do right now'.

Often considered an annoyance, as she breaks into explosions of Danmaku at the drop of a hat, generally only semi-directed, or completely random.

Will make alliances and hold to the letter of them, so long as there is sufficient wiggle-room that she can backstab her allies if the mood takes her. If specifics of the alliance are detailed and rigid, she will refuse. She may or may not actually take the opportunity for treachery. However, it is not unknown for her to betray herself, turning against and assaulting her own forces in battles which are going to well for her to be amused by, or which have dragged on long enough to become boring. Not a particularly trustworthy ally.

Can, in times of necessity, create a duplicate of herself, though she generally does not field both of herselves in the same battle, preferring instead to create magical shields to absorb damage if required. However, it is not out of the question for her to use it to be in two places at the same time, in many cases with one of herself dressed as her alter-ego, Lily Black. In this way, she has managed to extend the long running rumor- "Lily White and Lily Black are not the same person", to the point where even those who know her best can consider themselves uncertain. When she assumes the persona of Lily Black, her temperament, personality, and mood undergo rapid shifts, becoming more serious, focused, and driven. As well as becoming surly and deliberately malicious, rather than the potential for mere thoughtless actions that characterize Lily White better. In this sense, it would almost be safe to consider the two personae different enough that they might as well be separate individuals.

Lily white tends to focus on impressiveness, and takes pride in her Samurai and Ninja forces, as 'those are really neat'. In turn, she has some appreciation for Tabuki's Zombies, as she can understand the theatrical appeal of such forces, though she has as yet only heard secondhand confirmation of their existence. She is contemplating how to create a force of Pirates, either for her own troops or Tabuki's, to round out the set to the point where only Robots are required for completion, but arranging for the creation of the sort of detailed costumery such a unit would require may be difficult for her.

Can cause any seed to instantly bloom into a full flower, which has earned her some mild interest from Yuuka, though it is nowhere near the level of ability of the youkai's own Manipulation of Flowers.
>> No. 149224
>>149222
Lily confirmed for Best Possible Ally for maximizing fun. Wanna meet Lily Black so bad.
>> No. 149230
Aaaand it seems that it's time for something that's been kicking around the back of my head for a while to see the light of day~

Lily doesn't have access to ways to make complex costumes and goods.

Tabby has a city full of artisans.

Lily might not have actual cash, but she has access to a lot of things that will sell for a premium in the Underground.

Tabby should be able to get a cut, and they'll both get access to Pirates. Access to forged gear would also strengthen Lily's own position by quite a bit if trade takes off.

And once Tabby regains access to the Kappa Labs and trains up her science skills...

Oh yes, this could work out quite well.


Hmm... should probably ask if Tabby needs to bash a spirit into submission first, or if she can just show up and try to cram it into something. If it's the latter, it could neatly sidestep the whole Kristoph issue.
>> No. 149232
>Second, that only the weakest and most tenuous spirits and aspects of elements would give in without a fight, and more powerful bindings, requiring more powerful spirits or elements, would likewise require the spirit or element be made to submit through force.

I should probably have tacked that into the spreadsheet thing, though.
>> No. 149236
Ah, second question then: Would Kristoph be beefy enough to count as a leader for purposes of another leader taking the field, or would Tabby be forced to stick to the sidelines while prepping the ritual?
>> No. 149237
Eh, I have some more names here. Throwing them up incase Kahi wants to use any of them for future events/characters.

01. Culex Crystalspire
02. Vanda Kiru
03. Jonathan Jones
04. Widget Goldberg
05. Gimcrack Mallea or Mallea Gimcrack
06. Jasper Ormolu
07. Ella Canreadalot
08. Agateia Girasole
09. Lapis Lazuli
10. Alexandria
11. Balais Windsweeper
12. Ruby Waters
13. Narutaru Hoshimaru
14. Tokikki Bloodstone
15. Arras Abatie
16. Chalcedony Effiga
17. Shiina Piesnatcher
18. Devia Spathe
19. Beatrice Pommel
>> No. 149239
>>149236
I'm kind of curious about this as well.
>> No. 149240
Ah. Well, you can probably assume that an opponent is Leader-class, or close enough to it that nobody will care, if:

-They are a canon Touhou.
-They are marked as a Leader.
-You get ??? for their stats.
-They have a Name.

Unless I screw up, these are pretty good guidelines. Kristoph is something that Tabby can go ahead and be present to fight, yes.
>> No. 149244
Hmm, thought as much. Yuugi said he's small fry, but asking Orin for her opinion wouldn't hurt.
>> No. 149246
File 132096531551.jpg - (97.63KB , 541x486 , Game of Pretend.jpg ) [iqdb]
149246
>>She is contemplating how to create a force of Pirates, either for her own troops or Tabuki's, to round out the set to the point where only Robots are required for completion, but arranging for the creation of the sort of detailed costumery such a unit would require may be difficult for her.

Oh god, now I can't get the mental image of Tabuki having a force of "Sky Pirates" and a few small "Flying Ships" to go along with them. Their harbor being a port of "Scum and villainy" within the Old Hells.
>> No. 149264
>>149230
Sounds great, but be on guard for Lily getting into a backstab mood.
>> No. 149266
>>149264
If we keep her entertained it shouldn't be a problem.
>> No. 149268
>>149264
She probably wouldn't attack unless she thought Tabby could potentially handle it. Curbstomps are boring.
>> No. 149290
File 132099075779.jpg - (55.65KB , 300x180 , soul-calibur-iv-ashlotte.jpg ) [iqdb]
149290
>>149246
I can see that, but ... honestly I think robots suit Tabby better.

(Think pic related, with impossible clockwork wings. Or, alternately, Dalek-tan.)
>> No. 149296
I can see fairy robots. I can also see Machinist fairies that build/maintain/pilot Miniature Giant Robots with magically augmented weaponry, crushing everything in their paths. Or at least show up to battle with various gadgets based off of Kappa designs that may-or-may-not explode then used.
>> No. 149299
I'm really not liking how untrustworthy Lily seems to be. Then again, I doubt we can rely on anyone in the touhou universe to be completely trustworthy.... unless its beneficial to them.
>> No. 149300
>>149299
Lily is trustworthy. She doesn't break her word. She simply makes sure that her word isn't binding enough to get in her way.
>> No. 149335
>>149300
that doesn't really excuse how she turns on her own forces sometimes. Somebody who has no attachment to our cause, and is even known to have prior instances of betrayal against those she really has no reason TO betray is disconcerting. She'd only be an ally until we got "too strong" I imagine, and if we take too long to reach that point, she'll get bored and betray us anyways.

I think it's less of a question of "will she betray us" but "when". I'm not exactly happy with the concept of a fake ally. Just my opinion, though.
>> No. 149336
File 132101784347.jpg - (119.91KB , 431x600 , 22769464_p17.jpg ) [iqdb]
149336
She'll turn on us when we stop being fun. Duh. I like the idea of an ally that can be counted on to keep things interesting. Just my opinion, obviously.
>> No. 149343
We should probably make Tabuki lighter. That should make it easier for Meira to carry her.
>> No. 149393
>>149343
How would you do that? As we're not making Tabby Bulimic.
>> No. 149402
>>149393
Have you forgotten that Tabuki's personal ability is gravity manipulation?

It's easy for her to just make gravity apply at half force upon herself and Meira. Doesn't even take a drop from her MP to do it.
>> No. 152266
New Thread:

>>149610