[Return]
Archived thread

File 131836502138.png - (283.09KB , 280x500 , 5fdc5d41b7ee6aaeb3b1ee24f3f1e02942f16e58.png ) [iqdb]
147453 No. 147453
Just taking things won't work. Well, not in large quantities, anyway. You get the feeling that the Mistress would be pleased to get any of these clothes, much more so to get samples of them all, if possible, but you can't just walk out the door with them.

... Or can you? Not normally, obviously, as you're pretty sure that those watching will want to know what you'll be doing with an armload of cloth, but if...

You work at your odd idea, but are restrained by stiff, near completely numb fingers, and that you aren't certain how to tie 'good' knots. You make do by tangling things about one another, and it seems to hold well enough. You tangle one end of things around the top portion of a tall, pointy stick.

And you are interrupted by a soft cough from behind you. You turn slowly to see a pair of generals, hair still damp. The witch is smiling lightly, and holding a much more intricately carved long stick than any of the ones present here, with a small shiny stone set in the end. It is cracked apart and nearly split in two, and she seems to be more focused on eying the rows of sticks than anything else. The miko, by contrast, is less than amused.

"I'm pretty sure I made it clear last time someone pulled something like this that it wasn't funny." She says flatly.

"It was a little funny." The witch counters, as she selects a stick and nods. "And this could be worse, it could be Sunny's underthings again. She stomped that one to nothing every time they came back for a week after that."

"Still." The miko says, and suddenly her hand moves. You see stars. Then darkness.

When your vision clears, your handiwork has been put to interesting use. The flat end of the spear has been set into the roof of the general's meeting shack, and the tangled-together clothes are still hanging off of it. Of course, it would be more interesting if the other end weren't tied around your ankles. You've been strung up upside down, for bystanders to point at and laugh.

On the plus side, this has successfully gotten a pair of miko outfits out of storage, though your hitting-stick has been left behind and you get the feeling that you won't be able to undo the intricate knots binding your feet. You'll likely end up accidentally destroying that one. Even so, one is better than none.

You aren't sure you can take any more hits today, though.

"I'll set you loose in the morning." The miko says, floating off. "For now, just keep quiet and stay out of the way. Hopefully you'll learn something from this."

[ ] Input action.

>> No. 147457
Gee, doing something idiotic results in punishment, who'd have guessed?

[x]Wait patiently until darkness, quietly break yourself free once everyone's down for the night. Try not to break the outfit around your ankles, but do it if you must, and prioritize silence.

This can be salvaged, but Deady might have to settle for what she has right now. If she's lucky the berserker general might let her down to spite the miko, but she can't count on it. In any case, can't risk getting spotted out of the snare until it's time to go.
>> No. 147459
[x]Wait patiently until darkness, quietly break yourself free once everyone's down for the night. Not breaking things is the ideal, flying/levitationg should help with carrying all the stuff.
[x] Try to go back to the arsenal for another weapon, when night comes and you're free. Of course, remaining undetected is moree important.

Huh. I expected a more harsh punishment. Anyway, nothing we can do for now.
>> No. 147460
[shenanigans]
[X] wait till darkness, break free of the rope
[X]steal the berserkers tabard from outside their hut
[X] take the axe and massacre a tent full of mikos or witches
[X] plant the berserker's tabard outside the slaughterhouse.
[/shenanigans]
>> No. 147463
>>147460
I'm assuming that's a joke vote, but I still feel that I should point out that Deady's on Strike Two already, one more hit and she's out.
>> No. 147464
>>147463
You know, I was relooking through thread 5 and the second to last vote had "Escape (with loot) under the cover of darkness."

That last part is important. So why in the hell did this not take place at nighttime to begin with? Especially considering her Perception Roll was stated to be 7. Did we get a really shitty roll here, or did Kahi just decide that because the last vote seemed silly that it should be punished for being, well, silly?
>> No. 147465
>>147464

Well, it seems this sort of thing was tried at least once before, so probably punished for being silly. It could have been worse.

They could have stripped Deady, found out she wasn't one of their's and then poof, Deady is once again dead.
>> No. 147466
>>147464
You decide it's not worth it to alarm the camp when you're already planning to leave after sundown, but the thought of the armory hits you, and you slip back inside of it to think.

Probably a Last Chance to do anything before nighttime. Kinda like, preparations before the run. Preparations that should have been made instead of what happened.

Fuck the three for voting for that shit.
>> No. 147470
[x]Wait patiently until darkness, quietly break yourself free once everyone's down for the night. Try not to break the outfit around your ankles, but do it if you must, and prioritize silence.
>> No. 147475
Can deady float up without using her wings? If so Deady can just lift herself, along with maybe the pole and clothes, up and away.
>> No. 147477
>>147475

Why can't Tabby just hire Marisa for 20 mins and have her ROFLSTOMP the entire enemy encampment?

why can't tabby combine a barrel full of glass powder with a tiny bit of wind magic to effectively cripple the vast majority of sunny's army?

Sometimes it's better to forsake common sense in favor of an interesting story.
>> No. 147478
>>147466
And how many votes were there total?
>> No. 147479
>>147477
>>Sometimes it's better to forsake common sense in favor of an interesting story.

Isn't that what people are bitching about considered what just happened?
>> No. 147495
>>147479

There's a difference between common sense and trolling. It's more a matter of ignoring totally useless and out of character votes and metaknowledge, not 'common sense.' After all, even in Gensoukyou, characters have common sense.
>> No. 147502
>>147477

> hire Marisa
With what? And she has better things to do than hunt down a bunch of weaklings. Besides, we don't know where she is.

> combine a barrel full of glass powder with a tiny bit of wind magic
Where will we get the glass? And we don't know any wind magic. Plus the fact that it can backfire horribly. Plus it would take too long.

Think about how we would be able to do so first before opening your mouth.
>> No. 147506
>>147477
People like you is the reason why /th/ is often summed up as stupid.
>> No. 147538
[x] Wait until night and nobody can see you then wrench the spear out of the roof as silently as possible and then carry/drag it back, clothes and all, to your master. Discretly.

No need to untie the cloth from our ankle when we can just bring it all back as is anyway.
>> No. 147548
[x]Wait patiently until darkness, quietly break yourself free once everyone's down for the night. Not breaking things is the ideal, flying/levitationg should help with carrying all the stuff.
[x] Try to go back to the arsenal for another weapon, when night comes and you're free. Of course, remaining undetected is moree important.

I know there are more people following this, come out guys, it's ok to vote.
>> No. 147550
[x]Wait patiently until darkness, quietly break yourself free once everyone's down for the night. Try not to break the outfit around your ankles, but do it if you must, and prioritize silence.
[x]Try to carry what you can, with the minimal risk of detection, back home.

These generals are more savvy and experienced than us.

This story doesn't run on the Rule of Cool or Rule of Funny.

Logic and conservative tactics are the way to go. We're not going to win this war by acting like action stars or heroes or even main characters with plot armor. IIRC, we don't have any plot armor.
>> No. 147555
>>147550

It's true that you don't need action stars or main characters to win wars, but you do need heroes.
>> No. 147577
>>147555

We already have those. We call them "Generals".
>> No. 147586
File 131862915229.jpg - (123.27KB , 977x600 , 5d6314307cd57fe5def6aceb2f09d090b46c0a94.jpg ) [iqdb]
147586
You close your eyes and wait, ignoring the occasional peal or bark of laughter at your current situation. A few hours pass before the sun passes the horizon, and the tasties begin to settle into their places.

Your eyes open, and you wait as a witch, below, walks past with a smaller berry, making her way to one of many of what you suppose are the small housing shacks and entering it. You turn your attention to the clothes, and the spear.

There's no getting around it, that spear is set very tightly into the building. Pull as you might, you won't be able to get it out while hovering, you'll have to brace yourself against the roof as you heave at it, and there's some risk of it breaking even then. But with the way you're bound, you can't even shift enough to get your feet halfway down the shaft and to the roof. No help for it.

You bend slowly, fumbling for several minutes in your attempt to undo the knots. In the end, you pull just a little too hard, and they tear. As expected... most of the clothes the tasties wear seem to be deliberately thin, as though specifically inviting such damage. Oh well. Getting the spear out of the roof proves to be significantly less troubling, though there is a sharp crack as you pull it free, and you are alarmed, spending a moment to see if anyone took note. It seems, however, that none have. After a further moment, you decide not to bother carrying the rest of the clothes, the makeshift flag is a decent enough way to transport them.

You drift curiously towards the weapon and armor stockpiles, but are forced to move out of sight as a pair of witches have paused and are in the middle of a conversation on its roof. There seems to be little to no chance of your getting back inside tonight. A shame.

You continue to float carefully away from camp, and once out it becomes easier to move around, without risk of someone popping out of a door at any given moment. It's not long until you near the forest, spear in hand. Above, you can see fairies floating through the air, almost dancing together beneath the moonlight. It will be hard to avoid notice from all the numbers if you float over the tree-tops, as the moon is bright. It seems that most of the stationed fairies are above the forest... If you go below, then it's unlikely you'll have to dodge as many, but there's no assurance that the wood is safe at night.

[ ] Input action.
>> No. 147589
Hope she brought the torn outfit along, repairing the thing would probably be cheaper than making one from scratch.

On one hand, if she stays on the ground in this light, most observers would probably take her for a squirrel. On the other hand, most predators probably would too*. Going above the canopy is rather obviously out. Somewhere in the middle would probably be best, stay below the canopy to avoid notice, but not so low as to risk getting targeted by land-based predators. Should rule out most risks, save for a few of the larger nocturnal birds who'll probably be keeping an eye more towards the ground anyways. Deady's a low-light ambush predator herself, and being able to stop all body movement entirely is a nice advantage.


*Unless they rely on scent, in which case it'd probably some combination of fairy and carrion, with a dash of Crime Against Nature tossed in.

[x]Make your way to the cave. Try to stay off the ground to avoid most trouble, but below the canopy itself to minimize the risk of getting spotted.
>> No. 147591
[X] Stealth is essential. Keep an eye out for both dangers and patrols, avoid them where you can, and sneak back towards the territory of our mistress.
[X] There are two cave entrances. Take the one that is the least guarded. We cannot afford any more damage here.
>> No. 147593
[x]Make your way to the cave. Try to stay off the ground to avoid most trouble, but below the canopy itself to minimize the risk of getting spotted.
[x] If you find a lonely tasty, or a sleeping one, observe for a chance of stealing it's possessions. Or killing it quietly.
>> No. 147595
>>147593
>>If you find a lonely tasty, or a sleeping one, observe for a chance of stealing it's possessions. Or killing it quietly.

No. Fuck no. We are NOT stealing anything more or going out of our way to kill anyone at this point in time. A later outing? Sure. Now though? Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.
>> No. 147602
Well that whole sidetrip was pretty much a waste of time.

[X] Fly home little deady. Avoid patrols,youkai, ect...ect...

With Tabby:

[X] use the money gained from yesterday's fairy slave labor to read a few books until deady shows up.
>> No. 147603
>>147602
Not time for Tabby votes yet.

Mind you, I'm all for ramming books down her throat until ink leaks out her ears and paper shoots out from her nostrils, but that's another matter.
>> No. 147604
Finally caught up. Some thoughts.

Just because we have low stats doesn't mean we can't try. Tabby has more than enough Int to learn from her failures. In a lot of cases, trying and failing is better than not trying at all.

If Tabby learns to fly with her gravity ability, will her flight be affected by her Agility?

I think Tabby should learn to fight. Physically. Proper footwork will help her cast spells while moving, and she might be able to figure out a way to boost her power with magic. Byakuren could probably help with this. We'd have to sign on with her to get anything useful, though, so it isn't likely with the way votes have been going.
As far as fighting teachers go, we've got access to Yuugi and Meira (if we can find a sword). I'd like to go with Yuugi. We're on good terms with her already so signing on with her, despite our abysmal power score, would probably score a ton of influence with her. She might deny Tabby outright, but just bringing it up will probably give us an influence boost.

>>147602
Not really. We learned about Daiyousei's fighting style, the location of the camps, some border info, that Luna has been kidnapped, probably more but these are off the top of my head.

Daiyousei being friends with Medi is awesome. Can't wait to meet them. why are all your characters so awesome
>> No. 147608
>>147604

Have you been reading since thread one? How the heck would Tabby use her gravity powers to fly?

Kahi has never said anything regarding her flying abilities thought, maybe it would be better to just assume she can fly and just hope he doesn't call us out on it.

as for the fighting physically thing, it would prolly be better if she learned enchanting first, so she could compensate for any imbalances magically before the fight begins.

As for the influence thing, if tabby's influence with Yuugi gets much higher, she's gunna start into the romantic love zone...so...yea be careful with that one.
>> No. 147610
>>147608
When her gravity power got a boost a while back, it was mentioned that her control wasn't good enough to use it to fly. Which implies that it could be used for such if it's developed enough. For now though, Tabby lives the life of the pedestrian.

As for any kind of physical fight training, I'd have to recommend finding a way to boost strength first, as right now she's horribly frail and undertaking anything that would require one to take hits, even pulled ones, on a regular basis isn't a good idea. She's only getting a portion of that rather sad amount of HP back every day, after all.

Her mind is her primary weapon, she needs to develop that first.
>> No. 147612
>>147610
If we're going to learn to fight, we should start honing our body now. Get a regular exercise routine going, at the very least.

And regular exercise is good for the mind. Everyone knows that.
>> No. 147613
>>147612
There is, sadly, only so much time in the day. For now she'll have to settle for all that walking she does. Or, less seriously, I'd say Emerald's been giving her a rather... errr... rigorous workout on most nights.

Of course, it hasn't even been mentioned how increasing stats will work, or even if they can be permanently raised at all(I want to say that it's been lightly implied, but that's it).
>> No. 147614
So how does Tabby's magic work anyway? Is it a spellbook type thing? or a "it's magic I don't gotta explain shit" type of thing?
>> No. 147615
[X] There are two cave entrances. Take the one that is the least guarded. We cannot afford any more damage here.
[x]Make your way to the cave. Try to stay off the ground to avoid most trouble, but below the canopy itself to minimize the risk of getting spotted.
[X] Stealth is essential. Keep an eye out for both dangers and patrols, avoid them where you can, and sneak back towards the territory of our mistress.

Just because it wasn't a game-breaking success doesn't mean it was a waste of time. We learned lots of stuff and got a little story to boot.
>> No. 147616
[X] There are two cave entrances. Take the one that is the least guarded. We cannot afford any more damage here.
[x]Make your way to the cave. Try to stay off the ground to avoid most trouble, but below the canopy itself to minimize the risk of getting spotted.
[X] Stealth is essential. Keep an eye out for both dangers and patrols, avoid them where you can, and sneak back towards the territory of our mistress.
>> No. 147618
[X] There are two cave entrances. Take the one that is the least guarded. We cannot afford any more damage here.
[x]Make your way to the cave. Try to stay off the ground to avoid most trouble, but below the canopy itself to minimize the risk of getting spotted.
[X] Stealth is essential. Keep an eye out for both dangers and patrols, avoid them where you can, and sneak back towards the territory of our mistress.
>> No. 147619
>>147615
>>Just because it wasn't a game-breaking success doesn't mean it was a waste of time. We learned lots of stuff and got a little story to boot.

We also got some five finger discounted costumes. Can't forget about that.
>> No. 147627
>>147619

And more important than that, we might have a free territory from Cirno. From what te rules say, to attack another faction, you need to first knock on the door, and they need to answer. If they don't answer, you can just kick the door out of the way and the house is your without contest.

>5. An enemy attack will not be immediately carried out: they will politely wait for a response to the intrusion, allowing you the time to bring a force out to meet them. Should you not do so, then the victory is theirs by default. Neutral fairies are thoroughly unmotivated and will not make assaults on your territory of their own volition unless you withdraw all forces from the area.

From the Cino x Daiyousei fight:

>"Well, that's that. Not much left to watch here, whether her troops mop up or she gets her head together enough to finish things on her own." The tasty by you says, almost disappointed. "Almost a shame we don't border any of her territories ourselves, that kind of thing will probably leave her feeling terrible enough that she still won't want to go out and fight personally even after it's over, so tomorrow would be a good time to make a push. Heh, but I think I see one of Star's over there, looks like she had the same idea."

Cirno is not well, and will have to deal with another faction on the surface. If we were to attack her in the underground, a place she hates to be in, I think she wouldn't answer our knocking.

In other words, free territory, I assume. I suggest taking the one with the Ice Golem, since it would be a pain in the ass to conquer it normally, plus it's her only Territory that border with ours.

Of course, if I'm misinterpreting anything here, it would be nice to have it cleared up~
>> No. 147637
>>147614
If we know how the spell works, we use it as normal, but we need to learn the mechanics of the spell first (we've learned a few, and Mima should be teaching us more in the future).
So far, we have:
A spell to throw fire (a couple of our fairies have been taught this spell too).
A spell that makes undead view you as a 'leader' (allows a chance of earning one undead unit from battles you win against them, and makes your acquired undead listen to your orders)
A spell that makes sharp weapons blunt (mind you, that still leaves potential for internal wounds or broken bones)
A spell to bind elemental spirits to objects (I don't recall us having used this since learning it though)
Did I miss any?

We have our natural ability to manipulate gravity (currently limited to halving or doubling gravity in an area, and some limited ability to change the direction gravity pulls from, if I remember right), which doesn't tap into our magic reserves at all.

Anything else we try is 'wild magic', which takes random amounts out of our reserves for a result of random effectiveness. We've done things like earth manipulation, rewriting a magic wand's command word, and at one point, creating a pseudo-nuclear fusion reaction (Yuugi did not see that one coming, but it tore us up horribly in the process because we were still in splash damage range).


Incidentally, regarding the costumes Deady has, if I understand properly, we have a Berserker outfit and two Miko outfits (one of which is torn), right?
>> No. 147641
>Rule 5

Doesn't seem like I was clear on that. Your stationed fairies automatically count as a force set there to meet their invasions, and vice versa, theirs to yours. Else the stationing defense bonus stuff would be pointless. This is just saying that it gives you time to throw extra fairies there before the fight starts, if you want to, or to withdraw them from the area and put them to doing something else as the enemy takes it without a fight. It does also imply that the opposition can do this very same thing, yes.

>Costumes

Yes, the berserker suit she's wearing and a pair of miko outfits.
>> No. 147657
I propose we try out that elemental binding spell to bind a fire elemental into our wand once it is Tabby time again . That should have one or more of the following effects:
1. enhance the light produced by the wand
2. make it a fire weapon
3. enhance fire spells cast through it

Offer/ask if the hellcat wants to watch, she could have usefull tipps and may be interested in getting items enhanced by us if it works. Would garner us goodwill and favours.
>> No. 147665
File 131873487531.jpg - (216.28KB , 700x1220 , cd0729feb2f351c57d70757eb594e871b238b9e4.jpg ) [iqdb]
147665
You enter the forest, keeping as best you can to a distance well above the ground, but well below the treetops. Mostly, you float around the lower branches, and there is only one occasion where you have to stop and float back a little, then detour around a tasty sitting quietly on a branch and peeling thing layers of wood off a stick with a sharp rock.

You suppose you are halfway through the forest, roughly, when you begin to hear odd noses. something sliding against treebark, rapidly... every so often you pick up a sharp hissing noise.

You quickly realize that you are being tracked and hunted by something, keeping you just in its line of sight and waiting for an opportune moment to strike.

It is a strange feeling, to be on the wrong side of this equation. You aren't supposed to be the prey. Even so, you suppose it's fortunate that you don't really show your current state of weakness the way a tasty would, as if you did, you are sure that the thing would have already struck.

You keep a careful watch out as you continue, slightly slower and warier. It seems to realize that you know it's there, but does not give up the chase. It's a good thing you are used to peering through the darkness, because there are more than a couple points where you nearly lose track of the thing.

"Run~" A hissed whisper comes out of the darkness. "Run and flee, and I will chase. And you will tire, and then I'll catch you. Issn't thiss fun~"

You turn to look where the voice came from, but it's already moved on, leaving nothing behind but rustling leaves. You're a long way from the forest's edge, but it's fairly clear you can't outrun this even at your fastest. You keep your guard up as you continue.

... Fairly soon, the thing isn't quite as stealthy as it could be, and rather than just a glimpse of shadows moving, or a slight flash of scales, you manage to get a good look at the whole of it, as it slithers and crawls through a patch of moonlight. From torso up, it is shaped much like yourself or the Mistress or a tasty, body and arms and head. From there down, it is all the sinuous length and scales of a serpent, winding through the trees. You caught a delighted, anticipatory grin on its face.

You still can't outrun it, it proved that much simply in that glimpse, you only barely caught it crossing the wide expanse of light. You might be able to fight it though, even in your weakened state. It doesn't seem particularly strong, one good attack should render it unable to keep fighting... so long as you hit it before it hits you, and binds you in its coils.

Or, the thought hits you, you could go up or down, and if you are fast enough, avoid it that way. Further up, the branches become very thin and tangled together: they likely cannot all support its weight without snapping, and would at the least prevent it from following you at any significant speed. If you break above the treetops, however, there are the moonstruck tasties above to consider, far too many for you to fight alone and win. Or you could go down, and try to lose it where it cannot so easily follow you by heaving itself from branch to branch. Far enough, and it will either have a good chance of losing you in the gloom or it will have to try to follow you down and chase you from the ground.

Of course, this leaves you open to anything that may live on the forest floor.

[ ] Input action.
>> No. 147669
Sure Deady could fly up and away, but if we want him(her?) to class change, we have to think; what would a berseker do?

[X] full out close quarters combat
-[X] snakeskin belt for the mistress If victorious
>> No. 147670
>>147669
The undead can't berserk, you fool! We need to get that outfit on a living fairy.

[x] Fly down.
>> No. 147671
[X] Keep going by heading up, though just enough so that the tasty keeps following instead of giving up on you.
-[X] If possible, knock it out and take it with you once you get to the cave you want.

Recruitment go!
>> No. 147673
>>147669
Gensokyo, so you can pretty much assume female until told otherwise. Pretty sure all the fairies are female regardless.

>>147671
It's the size of a snake, it's a bit much for a fairy to haul all the way back. Ripping a few choice pieces off for a snack on the go is just fine, however.


Now then...

Assuming Deady's sizing Snakey up correctly, attacking may still be the best choice, though luring her to a spot that cuts down on her mobility would help her get the first(and hopefully last) shot in. Going up a bit would help with that, but the lamia might cause a great deal of noise when she's skewered which might draw some heat. Of course, it could just get passed off as part of the usual forest ambient noise.

[x]Go up, but not so quickly as to cause the Lamia to attack before you're in position. When you judge that it's mobility is sufficiently compromised, strike. Remember, it's a spear, so pointy end first, and try not to lose it after stabbing the thing. If you get the feeling it's going to attack before you're ready, then hit it the moment you have a clean shot.
>> No. 147675
[X] Keep going by heading up, though just enough so that the tasty keeps following instead of giving up on you.
-[X] If possible, knock it out and take it with you once you get to the cave you want.
>> No. 147683
[x]Go up, but not so quickly as to cause the Lamia to attack before you're in position. When you judge that it's mobility is sufficiently compromised, strike. Remember, it's a spear, so pointy end first, and try not to lose it after stabbing the thing. If you get the feeling it's going to attack before you're ready, then hit it the moment you have a clean shot.
>> No. 147685
You know guys, instead of antagonizing Cirno even further, we could also sell her the info on Luna. The other 2 fairies are planing to spring her out of the SDM, how much do you think Cirno might like the opportunity to mess up their "prison break" ?

Out of the whole lot of the influentials fairies out there in this war, Cirno could be our best prospect as an ally. She is isolated and we have a pretty good idea of how she think thanks to Kahi's "look behind the scene" after all. And I simply can't bring myself to evoke any like for the three fairies of light, to tell the truth.

Cirno at least came to see us directly, instead of being a damn snob.

Maybe we could sell her the info for the right to use her tunnel to reach the surface x number of times. That way we could get to Marisa and FINALLY get some use out of our enormous reserve of MP.
>> No. 147697
>>147685

That's an interessing idea, indeed. Only problem is that first we need to have Deady inform Tabby of that.

[x] Go up a bit more, if possible, without exposing yourself to the other tasties. Keep an eye for the snake, if an opportunity to strike and kill it arises, it might be wise to do so.

>Remember, it's a spear, so pointy end first, and try not to lose it after stabbing the thing. If you get the feeling it's going to attack before you're ready, then hit it the moment you have a clean shot.

Remember, there are two uniforms tied to the spear, and they are fragile.
>> No. 147718
File 131881716337.jpg - (88.70KB , 350x294 , yukkuri.jpg ) [iqdb]
147718
You move a little further up in the branches, and they grow slightly thinner and closer together. There are several places where you nearly get penned in with branches hemming you on multiple sides and the not-snake coming at you from behind. For the most part, though, you manage to dodge those areas enough to prevent becoming trapped, despite that you have to take some detours, and that you can hear soft, hissing laughter coming from nearby every time.

It hadn't been a good choice, you realize, to only go a little up, without breaking through the canopy. At this level of elevation, the branches growing close together hinder you more than the not-snake... even help it in its mobility a little, as it seems it cannot fly.

No, there's not going to be any escape for you this way. And it won't be lured much longer, without either striking or deciding the fun was no longer worth the bother. You slow, allowing it to seem as though you have begun to tire, and wait patiently.

It doesn't take long, as the not-snake springs out of the gloom for you. You are ready, though, as you brace the spear. And then realize you've miscalculated, as the pointy stone at the tip fails to properly sink in at the not-snake's writhing, instead cutting at the side, then trailing along to slide across the scales as it continues on. You manage to avoid being harmed in the first pass, but the not-snake hasn't been particularly harmed aside from the glancing blow, and its thrashing has knocked the spear free from your grip.

You moan as you follow the weapon down, watching it bounce against branch after branch as it falls, unwilling to lose your trophies from the outing, but not quite fast enough to catch up to it. It's only luck that warns you of the rustling behind you in time to turn and meet the not-snake's leap face on instead of being struck from behind. It's enough to force its own arms away from you, as the tackle sends you off kilter and you begin falling rather than flying downward.

She hisses in your face, as her serpentine length starts writhing around, trying to get a good grip on you. You can't move your head enough to get into good biting position without being bitten in return. You can headbutt it, though. You do that, right in the face, and then again a second time. It's clearly dazed, and the coiling grip that has begun to take hole of you loosens as you twist about in the air, realizing you're too close to the ground and forcing the not-snake between it and you. There's a soft cracking noise, possibly of bone, possibly of one of the twigs you've landed on, and its eyes bulge as it coughs and thrashes weakly.

Things haven't turned out as expected, but it doesn't seem able to fight any further, or move much. The spear isn't far away, clothes still tied to it, slightly tattered from grasping bark and branches as it fell. You pick it up and inspect it. The second one, which had already been torn, is in fairly bad shape. You aren't sure whether or not it can be properly repaired. The other still seems fine, though.

Your mind spins as you lurch back over to the not-snake, that hasn't moved and is breathing heavily. You want to eat it. It smells tasty. At the same time, it seems like the sort of thing the Mistress would be interested in, and the whole point of this seems to be to bring her interesting things. But maybe she won't want it. But you can't know that. And maybe if she doesn't, she'll let you have it afterward, as a reward. That would be nice. You can't have it struggling as you go, though. You have to make it be quiet and still. But not too quiet and still. If you do that, then you might as well just eat it right away. How does that work... breathing. Tasties need to breathe. Keep them from it, and they go funny. They start thrashing, and trying to get air, and then they go limp, and still, and stop fighting as their eyes roll. And then the blood stops flowing, after a little more, and they grow cold and not-tasty.

You'll have to be careful, you decide, as you reach down to the not-snake's throat.

A heavy crash nearby interrupts your thoughts and actions, and you turn to see a bush rustle some distance away, followed by another crash as something jumps through it.

You can't place what it is immediately, even as it's landed in a patch of moonlight, sniffing the air. It's an almost formless blob, at first glance, until you note the hair, and then realize the facial features. It's something like a disembodied head, if the owner had been grossly, morbidly obese, and seems to move by heaving its entire bulk into a ponderous jump. It hops again, pausing to sniff the air.

"Huh? Something fell down?" It says, in a high-pitched, grating voice. "Tasty smell, near. Something tasty fell down? I'll munch munch on the tasty~"

"Ssmellss.... blood..." The not-snake hisses wearily, a desperate, but defeated cast falling over its face as it begins to weakly thrash again, trying and failing to muster the strength to crawl away.

The thing doesn't seem to see the two of you yet, but another hop brings it just a little closer, as it continues to sniff at the air. You can see that it seems to be drooling stupidly, and a powerful urge to kill the thing washes over you. It doesn't even smell tasty, despite that it's talking. It's very big, though, and you're fairly sure that if it manages to get you in its mouth everything is over. It might be better to just retreat.

The not-snake has collapsed completely to the ground again, having only managed to make it a short distance, seeming to realize that there's nothing it can do that will allow it to make it away and up a tree in time to escape.

[ ] Input action.
>> No. 147719
[x] Take the not-snake, drag her if you have to.
[x] If that thing start following you, hit it with the correct point of the spear with all the strengh you can muster. Use the surprise element you might still have, and use the not-snake as a bait, if necessary, without letting it be eaten/killed.

...wait, why are we even considering taking the lamia with us? The Underground isn't it's habitat, and doesn't seem to be tameable.
>> No. 147720
[x] Take your trophies and run. Forget the snake.
>> No. 147721
[x] Take your trophies and run. Forget the snake.

That's more like it, yeah.
>> No. 147723
>>147719
A couple people wanted to recruit something that would be more likely to want to eat Tabby than listen to her. Or wanted to see more Cha 1 shenanigans. Or, perhaps, both.

[x]Grab the lamia and try to toss her to a nearby tree branch, if you can manage it. If not, settle for dragging her the far side of the nearest tree. Either way, take off immediately afterwards; you have places to be and can't stick around, but you can at least give her a chance. Regardless of what the two of you were trying to do to each other, nothing deserves to be eaten by something like that. If it notices you before you've dragged the snake to (relative) safety, just drop her and run if you don't think you can get clear in time, the mission comes first.
[x]Make a note to come back with more fairies at a later date to purge that thing. There are some things that are simply too horrible to allow to exist, even for the undead.
>> No. 147725
>>147723
We never get to see Cha 1 shenanigans because people avoid Cha rolls like the plague. How is she supposed to get better if she never tries, huh?
>> No. 147726
[x] Take your trophies and run. Forget the snake.

Amen.
>> No. 147727
It's obviously smelling the snake's blood. At the current moment, Deady is all but invisible to it.

[X] Fly directly up into the treeline
[X] As soon as the thing gets to the snake, drop down and impale it through the neck/head.
-[X] take snake to mistress, she loves interesting things, right?
>> No. 147728
[X] Take your trophies and run. Forget the snake.
[X] Ignore the voice of stupidity telling you to help out the snake or fight the thing, for that is the path of suicidal foolishness.
>> No. 147729
[X] Take the not-snake, drag her if you have to.
[X] If that thing start following you, hit it with the correct point of the spear with all the strengh you can muster. Use the surprise element you might still have, and use the not-snake as a bait, if necessary, without letting it be eaten/killed.

Are you guys really considering feeding the lamia to a yukkuri?
>> No. 147732
I'm all for dragging the snake close enough to a tree to give her a chance(or at least granting her a quick, merciful death), but the mission comes first. And trying to fight the thing without backup is right out, it can probably soak a few hits and Deady's pretty banged up even without the risk of Om Nom Nom auto-loss.

And to be frank, trying to drag her all the way to the Underground is asking for something bad to happen along the way. Deady still needs to dodge the cave guards, and she's not going to pull that off with that kind of baggage weighing her down.
>> No. 147735
>>147729
>>Are you guys really considering feeding the lamia to a yukkuri?

YESSS
>> No. 147739
[x] Take your trophies and run. Forget the snake.
>> No. 147740
[X] Take the not-snake, drag her if you have to.
Stop using the spear, the clothes are getting damaged.
>> No. 147744
[X] Take the not-snake, drag her if you have to.
[x] If you get noticed and there's no chance of escape, give the not-snake a merciful death.

The lamia's not going to be resurrected, unlike a fairy. Although I admit the stupidity of it, leaving it to just die like that is out.
>> No. 147747
[X] Take the not-snake, drag her if you have to.
[X] If that thing start following you, hit it with the correct point of the spear with all the strengh you can muster. Use the surprise element you might still have, and use the not-snake as a bait, if necessary, without letting it be eaten/killed.
>> No. 147748
[x] Take your trophies and run. Forget the snake.
>> No. 147750
[X] Drape lamia somwhere
[X] play dead like only the undead can
[X] backstab like a king with correct end of the spear
[X]loot corpse or repeat above step as much as necessary
>> No. 147754
[x] Take your trophies and run. Forget the snake.

Really? A yukkuri? And not taking it easy?I feel so violated.
>> No. 147757
>>[x]Try to fly away with the not-snake and the spear. If that works, get to the mid-level of the trees again. I'm pretty sure the Yukkuri can't fly.
>>[x]If the not-snake seems to weigh us down too much to be able to escape, set it on a branch above and then leave.
>>[x]If it's too heavy to even fly with, then leave it behind and flee with your trophies.
>> No. 147765
File 13188643699.jpg - (617.53KB , 1280x800 , 6d674090cecabd49ef81bb1bf0d87a9d0c1aa1e3.jpg ) [iqdb]
147765
Your brain isn't in good shape for quick decision making. There's a large part of you that wants to leave right away with your trophies, and leave the not-snake to its fate. There's an almost equally large part saying that the not-snake is one of your trophies at this point, and if anything is going to eat it, it'll be you, so you should bring it along, or at least leave it somewhere that thing can't get at it. The two sides war with one another, but luckily the thing seems fairly stupid and not exactly eagle-eyed, as it hasn't spotted you yet.

Your hesitation has, however, given the not-snake enough time to clutch feebly at one of your ankles.

"Pleasse..." It rasps. Well, good enough. It's a lot lighter than it looks, as you heave it effortlessly over a shoulder, and it obligingly wraps itself around you firmly. Probably less to make itself easy for you to carry, and more to make absolutely certain it doesn't fall off, but it accomplishes both parts as you lift into the air, the positioning leaving it feeling as though the not-snake were entirely weightless, and leaving your other hand free.

You're already well into the air by the time the loathsome blob notices you, but it bounds in your direction at surprising speed. Still not anywhere near fast enough, of course, as you're well clear of its maw by the time it starts jumping up at you. The snake clutches just that little bit tighter. It's only a little more until the nearest branch, where you stop, spear in hand, to look down.

The thing is stretching its bulk upwards after you, becoming very thin in the middle as it sticks its tongue upward in an attempt to reach, but even combining this with jumping, it doesn't come close to reaching the branch.

"That's Reimu's tasty! Reimu can't take it easy without munch munching it!" It yells, full of offended rage that you had snatched food from its mouth. "Give it back, or Reimu will get ang-"

Its diatribe is interrupted as it comes down on a patch of looser leaves and twigs which twist beneath it, sending it slamming heavily to the ground. Great tears open in its side from the impact, spilling out bits of... something mushy. An odd smell fills the air. Whatever it is, it doesn't smell at all appetizing to you. The thing sobs wordlessly for a bit about its injury, as the rents slowly seal over, and then... just seems to forget it had been hurt at all, as it sniffs about and then greedily devours its own spilled innards, along with the leaves and dirt it had been spilled on.

"Happiness~" The thing declares, seeming to have forgotten about you and the not-snake as well as it hops away. As it leaves, you can feel the urge to get down there and kill it fade. Odd. It seems like it only comes into play when the thing is in sight. Probably how it catches prey, since it seems too slow and stupid to track or catch things normally, except by chance. Once a smaller animal sees it, it is overtaken with the fury, and rushes out to try to destroy the blob, only to be devoured. You can't imagine that works out well when bigger things see it, though.

You take a moment to try to peel the not-snake off of you. Nothing doing, she's wrapped onto you with a terrified strength, body all but tied into place. More, she seems to have passed out from fright at some point. Or maybe blood loss, though that seems to have more or less stopped by now.

Well, at least that makes deciding whether to bring it along or not easier, and if it comes down to it you'll probably have a better shot at winning fights, as enemies will pretty much have to get through the snake to get at you.

The end of the forest isn't far away, though as you come out you realize that you ended up a little off track, but not far enough to have to correct your course much. You're actually a little closer to the entry than you would have been, and only have to take a cut through the open space between a farm and a very large stone building, rather than float over the large, clustered mass of smaller buildings the way you did heading out, and you should be almost on top of it. The farm probably has tasties occupying the area, but you don't know anything about the building. Lights seem to be burning inside, however. You can still see fairies dancing high above, but fewer, and they probably can't make you out given the difficulty you have in seeing them.

[ ] Input action.
>> No. 147766
Well, that was better than the expcted. Saved the snake/trophy and didn't have to engage that horrible beast.

Also, clever explanation of it's bully inducing aura. Makes perfect sense, when you think about it.

[x] Take the closest and most direct path, bordering the farm. Sneak throught the farm, if necessary to stay safe from the light.

Now, we could take a chance to peek inside the building and discover/find/receive X, where X is info, item, or alerted enemies. Or we can try to move discreetly throought the farm and abuse Deady's superior PERCEPTION compared to most fairies mediocre stats.
>> No. 147767
[x] Take the closest and most direct path, bordering the farm. Sneak throught the farm, if necessary to stay safe from the light

Seems reasonable.

Also, did Deady get EXP for snake fight?
>> No. 147771
>>147765

You know, the building in that picture reminds me of the SDM. Which is strange, because if it is the SDM, there should have been mention of the lake.
>> No. 147772
[x] Take the closest and most direct path, bordering the farm. Sneak throught the farm, if necessary to stay safe from the light.

I don't think the humans would pay her any mind if she doesn't make herself obvious.
>> No. 147776
Large stone building? Might be a church, don't know which of the three factions it'd be a part of, though given that Tuck mentioned his more tolerant congregation was the minority, I'd have to assume it's either the one that does their best to keep away from youkai or the one that actively hunts them. Probably worth checking out on a later trip, but for now...

[x] Take the closest and most direct path, bordering the farm. Sneak throught the farm, if necessary to stay safe from the light.
>> No. 147778
[x] Fly above. With fewer fairies, it'll be fine.

If we die, we lose a few outfits and a not-snake. Not really a big deal.
>> No. 147783
[x] Take the closest and most direct path, bordering the farm. Sneak throught the farm, if necessary to stay safe from the light.
>> No. 147786
[X] Take the closest and most direct path, bordering the farm. Sneak throught the farm, if necessary to stay safe from the light.
>> No. 147789
>>147778

And all the time and updates about Deady's infiltration.
>>147776

Frey Tuck! I had completely forgotten about him! Imaginning all the girls naked during Tabby's wedding ceremony with Satori right next to him. Best frey ever.
>> No. 147804
[x] Take the closest and most direct path, bordering the farm. Sneak throught the farm, if necessary to stay safe from the light.

Stay safe, Deady.
>> No. 147810
>>147789
Deady will respawn.
>> No. 147812
But the loot won't.

Idea! Since it seems that fairies become what their clothes show them: comission a ninja outfit from the toymaker. Having a sneaky scout could be usefull to spy and gather intel. And she would do it better than Deady.

However..Ninja-Zombie-Fairy..is that possible?
>> No. 147814
>>147812
I'm pretty sure that Zombie Fairies don't class change, so this whole debacle may be the closest we get to a Ninja Zombie Fairy.
>> No. 147817
>>147810

But the loot won't, and the updates+time spent on the updates by Kahi would be wasted if we don't get anything useful for Tabby.
>> No. 147821
File 131897577034.png - (19.04KB , 338x439 , Undergroundmap.png ) [iqdb]
147821
There's some considerable distance between the farm and the building, so it's not difficult to keep well away from the latter as you continue forward. You drift a bit further down, to confuse any of the tasties that might glance down further. You don't need to get too close to the farm either, but you're just close enough to make out the occupants, tasties moving between patches of greenery and trees. The smaller group keeps toward one side, nearer to the opening you are searching for, and the larger keeps to the other side.

Once you reach the tunnel itself, however, everything goes much more smoothly. Unlike the surface above, it is very dark here, and the tasties gather either painful motes of light together or hold flickering fires in their hands, to light the areas they watch. For that area, it's much brighter than the moonlight would reveal above. But doing so absolutely destroys any chance their eyes might have had of piercing the gloom beyond. You move silently past, and they never register that you were there at all.

You allow yourself to show how pleased you are with your actions, a smug look coming over your face, as you enter an area watched by tasties belonging to the mistress, denizens of the underground themselves and not fool enough to kill their vision in such a way when there is already, if barely, enough light to make out oncoming dangers.

---

Tabuki woke to find a flood of fairies shoving themselves through the door into her quarters, making urgent reports about sudden changes of situations. Powerful wandering enemies, sudden appearances of tormented ghosts, and Lily was approaching at high speed, as well as the less urgent alert that her zombie had returned.

---

Scouting reports

Tunnels I-2
Cave Squids x8
Cave Squid(a) x1
Melee Mook x1
Danmaku Mook x1

Tunnels I-3
Cave Squids x5
Cave Squid (a) x1
Melee Mook
Danmaku Mook

Tunnels IV-3(Sunny Territory)
Witch [Elite] x1 HP 25, damage 15-22
-Equip [Ornately Carved Twig] +4 damage [19-26]
-Equip [Fur Robe] +4 HP [HP 29]
-Equip [Fur-lined Boots] +1 HP [HP 30]

Tunnels IV-4
Zombie Fairies x4
Zombie Fairy [Master] x1 (wandering encounter) HP 45, damage estimated 12-14
- Gnashing Maw [Heals 1/2 of damage inflicted upon attacking]
- Unnatural Strength [+1 damage, variable dice d2 -> d3]
Cave Squids x2
Melee Mook x1
Danmaku Mook x2

Updated Reports.

XII- Passage to Tunnels VII
Ninja Fairies [Master] x2 HP 36 Damage estimate 11-18
-Equip [Flint Knivesx2] +4 damage [15-22]
-Equip [Ninja Suit] +4 HP, Ninja: variable dice D8 ->d12, no other armor permitted. [HP 40, D 15-26]
Samurai Fairies [Master] x2 HP 24 Damage estimate 21-30
-Equip [Wood 'sword'] (blunt) +3 damage [24-33]
-Equip [Samurai Robe] -2 HP, Samurai: +4 damage, no other armor permitted. [HP 22, D 28-37]
Lily White [Leader]

FC/OH 2

Tormented Soul [Kristoph the Cold Hearted], Random appearance.
Many standing forces disperse in its wake.

[Kristoph] HP ??? Damage ???
Zombie Fairies (a) x2
Lingering Spirit (a)
Fire Wisp
Melee Mook
Melee Mook [Survivor+Breastplate]
Danmaku Mook [Necrophobe] x2

Deady Returns with Loot
2 successful days undercover: 5x2=10. Not discovered. +10XP [XP=27]
Deady has been thinking much more than previously. +1 Int.

War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Letter
-Berserk Gear x1- +10HP, Berserk- +2 damage. No other armor permitted.
-Miko Cosplay x2- +4HP, Miko- Healing effect doubles. No other armor permitted.
--One must be repaired before use is possible.
-Flinty wooden Spear x1- +4 damage(2H), +2 (1H)
-Tiny Lamia- ??? Unconscious. In Satori's care.
66 silvers

Lily is rapidly approaching, alone.


[ ] Here comes Lily. You should think of a plan, fast.
>> No. 147822
>Lily White

Noooooooo...she should have captures the other empty territory. Now we don't have hegemony in the underground. ;_;

Also, jesus, that troops. Can we even defend against them? Damn it, if only Emerald wasn't trainning right now. I fucking hate timing pushes.

>dat MVP level soul and master rank Zombie

Awesome. A few turns earlier than the ideal, though. Didn't think ranking up would unlock skills, even if that makes perfect sense.

And finally, +1 INT for Deady! How much awesome is that? Who knows, we may even be creating a smart zombie, who will evntually lead all the others and cause the dreaded Zombie Apocalypse.

>[ ] Here comes Lily. You should think of a plan, fast.

Run to the (underground) hills. That's all I can think of rihgt now.
>> No. 147823
Those cave squids would garner us some nice money, if we can take them.

Also Lily seems to be coming on her own without troops (at least none where mentioned). That is quite surprising.

[x]Let's meet Lily halfway, maybe at the bar?
[x] Augment the wand by binding a fire elemental into it to test out that spell. That should have one or more of the following effects: enhance the light produced by the wand; make it a fire weapon;enhance fire spells cast through it.

I leave the organisation of our troops to those better at that.
>> No. 147824
Oops...ignore the part of above where I say that Lily has no troops....
>> No. 147825
[x] Meet Lily, alone.

>Meet at the bar
Drunk Lily bad.
>> No. 147826
So we have a mini-boss in the form of a wandering Master Zombie, a Boss in the form of a Tormented Soul which is also named [Kristoph the Cold Hearted] (So it's possibly rather powerful), AND Lily White with a group of ninjas and samurai. So how many bad rolls did we get?

At least Lily White has a good opinion of us already.

Oh crap, Kristoph has the Survivor with him.

We should deal with Kristoph as soon as possible, then the Zombie Master. Kristoph will make our troops scatter, which means less to defend the area, which also means that we'll have to retake those areas afterward.

Lily, of course, will be dealt with first.

Also, how much xp does Deady have and what rank is Deady at the moment?
>> No. 147827
Troop movements now, or does that wait until after the meeting?

[x]Ask Deady if she found any info that might be of worth to Lily. If(when) she confirms this, have her wait at the bar while you meet Lily. Go out to meet Lily(alone), offer to buy her a few rounds at the bar. Try to keep the Negotiator in the dark as much as possible; she'll probably know of Lily's arrival pretty quickly from ambient gossip, but you might be able to give her a false impression of how it went afterwards.

Anything beyond that will have to wait for her response. She has a slightly favorable opinion of Tabuki so far, so that's a start. My own best guess would be... Excited, and wants to see the new entrant for herself. No lasting treaties, but could be quite willing to give Tabuki some breathing room. Her reported behavior makes me think that she's mostly interested in keeping the game from getting stale, and a new player to help shake things up would be of great interest to her.
>> No. 147830
Lily is probably about as strong as Cirno, if not stronger. She's strong enough to make a difference in the FINAL BATTLE between Cirno/Dai and Sunny/Luna/Star. We should avoid conflict. We're not strong enough to beat her and her troops.

At the same time, though, charisma 1 says we probably shouldn't talk to her unless necessary.

It's also a nice touch how, way back in thread two, Kahi used Lily in an example where she had Ninja Fairies and Samurai Fairies.
>> No. 147831
Talking to her is fine, just don't try for anything that would require a roll.

And yeah, picking a fight is suicidal. I'm assuming that's just a placeholder joke vote.
>> No. 147839
[x]Ask Deady if she found any info that might be of worth to Lily. If(when) she confirms this, have her wait at the bar while you meet Lily. Go out to meet Lily(alone), offer to buy her a few rounds at the bar. Try to keep the Negotiator in the dark as much as possible; she'll probably know of Lily's arrival pretty quickly from ambient gossip, but you might be able to give her a false impression of how it went afterwards.
>> No. 147845
>>147839
How exactly is Deady going to respond though? Tabby thought she'd have TIME to figure out how to get the info out of Deady, whether it was via Orin, Magic, or the Most Interesting Game Of Charades Ever!

Fuck, finding out how many Fairies Tabby has is turning out to be a bitch here, let alone trying to keep track of the spells/abilities Tabby has garnered so far. Damnit, we need to make a damn list here with that info.
>> No. 147847
[X] play naked charades with deady to find out what she learned.

Tabby needs to loosen up a bit, she's so damn serious all the time.
>> No. 147856
Question! Do the spirits fade forever when defeated/killed or do they respawn like the fairies?
>> No. 147865
>>147856

In the sense of forever-forever, no, they aren't completely obliterated.

In the sense that they won't pull themselves back together until this war is well over and done with, yes, you might as well just cross them off the list of troops at that point.
>> No. 147868
Out of curiosity, would Kristoph be strong enough to justify a Leader taking the field, or would he be more in line with a General power-wise?

Not that Tabby would be able to do a whole lot of good in a fight right now, mind you. If he's Leader level we'd be better off just waiting for him to drift off again.
>> No. 147870
>>147868

Probably, I'd guess. Every unit with ??? stats we've scouted were leader rank. Yuugi and Parsee, for example, both had ??? as stats and the [Leader] tag.

Besides, he also has a name. They don't give those to anyone. Until now, only Leaders were named.
>> No. 147871
>>147865
Ok, I'm trying to make a quick list here to help keep track of things as I plot out a more detailed response than the current retarded flailings we currently have. Tabby has a "Blunting" spell (thread 1 or 2), "Flame Strike" spell (thread 2), she has the ability to bind spirits/elements (thread 5), she can increase gravity by 200% or decrease it to 50% (thread 1 or 2), she has the "Bleak Aura" ability (thread 2).

"MM" stands for "Melee Mook", "ZF" stands for Zombie Fairy, "FF" stands for Fire Flinger, and "DM" stands for Danmaku Mook, and each of these abbreviations usually have a number or letter after them to help differentiate them (MMA, MMB, etc.). It's been a while since "LS" has popped up, so I haven't figured out that stands for. The last troop count was >>146407 ,which gave us a number of 45 troops. I'm unsure if this count is still accurate though. This the case Kahi?
>> No. 147878
>>147871
http://www.mediafire.com/?jvf0dlqaaie8e9p

These are my notes. I try to keep them updated as msuh as possible, but the Troop list might be missing our last 4 conscripted fairies, and I don't have where each fairy is stationed, besides both money making groups.

Also working on a decent write-in/battle plans.
>> No. 147881
>>147880
>>Lily...well, she is going in alone, so meeting her alone would be ideal.

It's funny, as Kahi says Lily is "Going in alone" too, but right above that statement the scout report states Lily as being accompanied by, hold up, "Samurai Fairies [Master] x2, Ninja Fairies [Master] x2."
>> No. 147882
No fucking spirit is chasing any fairies away from Yuugi's territory. She'll beat the shit out of the spirit, and the would-be deserters for good measure.
>> No. 147884
She took the area with those troops, and is technically 'stationed' alongside them there at the moment, but in practice is something like halfway down the tunnel to the next area by the time reports got to you.

The scattering thing is an on-appearance matter. He's not going to be moving from territory to territory, though his manifestation may fade and disappear. It's only relevant if he, or a tormented sinner similar to him, manifests in a territory under your control, in which case you would get the same 'fight or retreat' option as you would if another Leader attacked your territories.
>> No. 147887
>>147884
>The scattering thing is an on-appearance matter. He's not going to be moving from territory to territory, though his manifestation may fade and disappear. It's only relevant if he, or a tormented sinner similar to him, manifests in a territory under your control, in which case you would get the same 'fight or retreat' option as you would if another Leader attacked your territories.

You have no idea how much relief I'm feeling right now.

So he won't be invading places deliberatly...good. That means we can keep conquering places as we were, while getting ready to engage him or other powerful units.

That also means I will stealthly delete >>147880 to make a normal battle plan. Probably tomorrow, though.
>> No. 147889
>>147887
I'll second that vote (whatever that might be), as the current ones offered are very lackluster, to say the least.
>> No. 147901
File 131909522332.png - (80.10KB , 1669x665 , Army.png ) [iqdb]
147901
Went through the old threads and compiled a spreadsheet on our current forces. The "XP" and "home territory" might not be entirely accurate.
>> No. 147903
Undelete your name suggestion list anon!
>> No. 147904
>>147901
I'm throwing out name suggestions for Fairies "MM" E through L, N through V, and names for "FF" A & B. We have room for 18 more name suggestions for the "DM" Fairies (A, along with C through S).

Melee Mooks E through L
E: "Keiko" (Boneblossom)
F: "Frances" (Furypine)
G: Indigo Hamza
H: Rainy Icedagger
I: Honeyweed Briarfoot
J: "Ryoko" (Anderash)
K: Crystal Falls
L: Winter Horsemaiden

Melee Mooks N through V
N: Strawberry Summers
O: Caramel Crabapple
P: Marshmallow Buttons
Q: Janice (no given last name)
R: Amber Rose
S: Dawn Weave
T: Russet Gloss
U: Henna Buckle
V: "Anne" (no given last name)

Fire Flingers A & B
A: Ellette (Anfisa) Nasya
B: Honey Mints


Also, Kahi, when Tabuki and Emerald got married, did Emerald take Tabby's last name (Vivipary), did Tabby take Emerald's last name (Vine), or did neither of them even bother changing them as no one bothered to ask until now?
>> No. 147906
If I had a fairy named Marshmallow buttons, I would probably hug her to death.
>> No. 147907
>>147906
Kahi, even if you reject the rest of those names, you MUST name one of your fairies Marshmallow Buttons!
>> No. 147908
Say, we have working cloths for the maid-fairys which made them more effective and thus we gain higher wages from them.

And we have as of the last update 66 silver. Let's comission some workcloths for our other workers. Though we would first have to find out what they even do at work.

Also: commission one set of Fairy smith cloth+tools and 3 sets of miners-cloths. We are underground, so there should be enough metal for our army! Or other sources of wealth.

[x] Visit toymaker and comission above mentioned cloths+tools after the meeting with Lily.

[x] Nice names. +1 approval
>> No. 147911
>>147904

I like the names, but for the sake of clarity perhaps it would be best to give them names where the first letter corresponds to their designation?

Example: MM-A: Akira MM-B:Bellflower
>> No. 147916
>>147908
While the toymaker might be stocking outfits he hasn't shown Tabby yet(due to not asking about them), he doesn't make new stuff; he recommended the Tailor for that, but noted it'd cost more than the ready-made stuff he had on him.
>> No. 147917
[x]Looking at the list, I'm voting for Danmaku Mook M being named "Marshmallow Buttons". That name is just too nice not to go with.
>[x]In the near-future, give Marshmallow Buttons one of the Miko outfits. She wouldn't be losing any XP for class changing, as far as I see.
[x] Tabuki and Meira go meet/intercept Lily.

I'll wait and watch regarding other actions.
>> No. 147918
File 131912638415.png - (74.73KB , 1424x648 , Order of Battle.png ) [iqdb]
147918
>>147878

By using some of this information I have created our current order of battle. There are however some discrepancies between these and my own notes. Some conformation from kahi about the fairies stats would be usefull.
>> No. 147921
What are the odds that Lily isn't really alone? She does have ninjas, and Tabby's Perception score is 1...
>> No. 147924
>>147921
Tabby doesn't do the scouting herself, so I don't think her PER score would matter for that.
>> No. 147925
File 131914033992.png - (88.38KB , 1486x659 , Order of battle - Battle for I3.png ) [iqdb]
147925
I have already voted for what to do with Lilly, as for our troop movements this round:

[X] Let the [Royal Maids] and the [Working
Fairies] do their usual work at the palace of the earth spirits and at the onibar.

[X] Garrison all our territories with one fairy in each.

We have 19 territories, two of them are garrisoned by the royal maids and the working fairies and the rest must be garrisoned by at least one fairy per territory

[X] Form [Task Force VIII] and use it to attack the territory: Map: Underground - VIII
There should only be some weak remnants left after our previous attack in this region.

[X] Form [Task Force] I-3 and use it to attack the territory: Map: Tunnels I – 3. Prepare a strategy in advance (int) and order them to focus down the cave squids first.

Check the image for information about witch fairy goes where.
>> No. 147928
>>147925

oooookay then i'm going to go ahead and agree with this guy


[X] do what this guys said

also

[X] Equip the miko outfit to Marshmallow Buttons.
>> No. 147930
>>I have already voted for what to do with Lilly, as for our troop movements this round:

I'll second both parts here then.

[x] Tabuki and Meira go meet/intercept Lily.
[X] >>147925
[X] Equip the miko outfit to Marshmallow Buttons.
>> No. 147934
Since there's some difficulty in keeping things straight at this point, I went ahead and made a thing, which has a link to it in /words/.

I'll still be keeping notes separately, because I haven't and don't intend to put everything out there right off the bat. But I'll keep updating that too, so that should be helpful.
>> No. 147938
>>147880 here. Deleting the write-in and swaping it for this:

[x] Tabuki and Meira meet/intercet Lily White.
[x] Equip MMU with the Berserk gear and the Spear, for now.
[x] Invade Passage to Tunnels II with Chris, Dominique and the Lost Spirit. Search for the squids' bodies from yesterday.
[x] Akira, Bellflower, DMs A, C, D, FFA, and Deady. Focus on Squids first. Roll Strategy for this battle.
[x] Send zombies MkII and Newdead, MMT, U and S, FFB and DME. Take out the squids first, ASAP, then the zombies.

Yeah, triple expansion. Perfectly possible. I wanted to send someone to take out the Fire Wisp on FCOH 2, but that would compromise the other squads.

Tabby and Meira to meet Lily, and equipping the bersek gear and spear on MMU will boast her attack power significantly enough to allow this triple expansion strategy.

>>147901
>>147918
>>147925

Man, that's neat. Definetly better than using notepad, even if I dislike excel with a passion (more due my ignorance on using it than any actual reason). Only things left on them are eqiupped items and currently stationed place.

That aside, I disagree with your battle plans. Probably because I have my own, so yeah. There is no reason to send so many troops to re-invade VII, when there are only 3 mooks left there. 2 of our average rank mooks with anyone else together cause more damage and have more combined HP than the enemy.

The targeted territories are also of great importance. Instead of expanding inside a set of tunnels, it's better if we took all the entrances left. This way not only will we gian access to more territories, we will also be aware of any enemy facion movement in the underground. Lily has taken one of the entrances, so I'd rather take the others to avoid anyone more having access to our main grounds.
>> No. 147939
>>147934

Man, those names are really being used? I mean, nothing wrong with the names, it's just that not matching them to their designations is just going to complicate things. At least in my head, when making battle plans.
>> No. 147949
Ah, good, that might help things. It also helps a bit with what kind of experience our troops have and how much until they level up.

So if I'm correct, then:

Conscript: 0-5
Average: 5-15
Veteran: 15-35
Next Rank: 35-???

...with Master possibly being said next rank. It also looks like exp doubles per level, so that would probably make the next rank up after Veteran be somewhere around 75 exp. And so on unless I missed where he exp conter resets after every level up.
>> No. 147951
>>147949

You're missing Elite rank.
>> No. 147952
>>147949
Think it goes Veteran->Elite->Master, judging from those HP scores.

And to pad this out a bit, if Yuugi doesn't know much about Kristoph, Orin might, given that she's in the area regularly.
>> No. 147954
You know, I never expected my name suggestions to be taken so seriously. Heh, I might as well throw out a few more here then. Looking in that spreadsheet in /words/, there are 19 name slots still open.

1. Quinn Hargrove
2. Chiko Stoneflint
3. Levina
5. Nikki (Twin of Nikko)
6. Nikko (Twin of Nikki)
7. Yumiko Creo
8. Fabrizia
9. Kerrin Garnet
10. Priscila Amano
11. "Val" Valkyrie Garland
12. Shizuka Featherlight
13. Selena Enisle
14. Jen Freefall
15. Paige Noisemaker
16. Lucy Loveless
17. Fellupa Beerdrinker
18. Dedra Peartree
19. Kali Shinkicker
>> No. 147958
>>147938
You neglected to mention where the last two groups were going.

I am warming up to keeping Meira back though, as it'd give you a chance to talk about swordsmanship while on the way to the blacksmith to get her sword checked out if there's any time left after the meeting.
>> No. 147959
>>147925
Here.

>>147938
Sure, I did not have time to really look at the numbers, I merely chose two of the least defended territories for a safe double expansion. If you think we can take three with your plan I will support it.

[x] Change vote to >>147938
>> No. 147960
>>147954
Nothing on that list seems to conflict with the naming convention we have so far (our troops having names that start with the same letter as their designation code) from the quick skim over that I took, but I don't think it fills up every slot either.

Personally, some of the names suggested sound better than others. It seems that the posters like "Marshmallow Buttons" (myself included), and I kinda like "Honey Mints" myself from the first list of suggestions. Some of the others I'm not so hot for.
>> No. 147962
>>147960
Continuing from here.

I counted 17 unnamed Melee Mooks (if Melee Mook M is indeed named Melissa, we need names covering E-L, and N-V).
18 unnamed Danmaku Mooks (17 if we go with Danmaku Mook M being "Marshmallow Buttons", but that still leaves A and C-S).
Our 1 Lost Spirit is unnamed.
and two Fire Flingers (I don't recall which letters they were before Orin changed their classes, but it should be in one of the earlier threads).
>> No. 147970
>>147958

Did I? Oops, I did, damn. Doing this during work wasn't my brightest idea, since I don't get to think straight. It's still a lot better than doing any work, though.

>>147938

[x] Second group invades X to tunnels V.
[x] Third group invades XI to tunnels VI.

Sorry for forgetting such important thing, work and college have been drainning my lifeforce incredibly fast.
>> No. 147974
[x]>>147938
[x]>>147970

I shall be following this vote(s?).
>> No. 147977
Eh, it happens. Lord only knows I've missed details when posting at some horrible hour of the night/morning.

Redact >>147827

Vote for:
[x]>>147938
[x]>>147970

Need to expand fast, and hopefully find a way that leads down and not up so there's more (relatively) uncontested space to expand into.

I want to hold off on handing out the Miko Cosplay until more info on the class is gained. While I had thought it was ranged at first, the way Sunny's Miko General cleaned Deady's clock repeatedly has lead me to change my mind.
>> No. 147983
File 131924522967.png - (141.73KB , 1643x733 , Test4.png ) [iqdb]
147983
With the power of accurate official data (Kahis words post), I have a new and improved OOB! Do note that beryl/feary has promoted to barmaid and in response it seems Kahi have changed the designation of every DM fairy after B.

I have also included the proposed plan for equipment change and troop movements in >>147938.
>> No. 147989
>>147983
MM-F is missing from the Training list.
>> No. 147998
File 131927475126.png - (114.78KB , 1645x739 , OOB5.png ) [iqdb]
147998
>>147989
Fixed
>> No. 148002
>>147998
Thanks and good work there.
>> No. 148034
>>147977
Lest I forget again, add:
[x]Same arrangements as yesterday should do for the prisoner, for the time being. Just try to keep her in the dark as much as possible about the meeting.
>> No. 148037
>>148034
I wonder if we could pin the Negiators "Disappearance" on Lily or something. Hell, I wonder what Lily would think of the shit Tabuki just pulled with the Zombie. If I'm readingh Kahi's hints right, I get the feeling that Lily may claim to have the Negotiator anyways once she learns she's missing/in Tabuki's care, regardless of whether the claim was true or not.

Anyways, I'm deleting my previous post and adding your vote to mine here.

[x]>>147938
[x]>>147970
[X] Equip the miko outfit to Marshmallow Buttons.
[x]Same arrangements as yesterday should do for the prisoner, for the time being. Just try to keep her in the dark as much as possible about the meeting.
>> No. 148045
>>I wonder if we could pin the Negiators "Disappearance" on Lily or something.

All of Sunny's Generals watched in silence as Sunny Milk shook in rage as she continued to read the letter that had been delivered to her bed, the deliverer still unaccounted for. None of her Generals wanted to risk disturbing her as she kept muttering darkly about how she "Was going to kill her," followed by various descriptions regarding the "Hows" of those acts. Of course, there was still some confusion as to who exactly Sunny was refering to.

Shoring up her courage, Sunny's resident General (Witch) Yami Glitterdust decided try and get Sunny talking with them. "What did the letter say?"

Sunny stopped, before slowly turning in her direction.

"What did it say you ask?" Sunny asked in a patently false saccharine tone, a strained, almost frightening smile on her face as she turned towards Yami. Seeing her General gulping slightly in intimidation, Sunny's smile widened just a bit as she took a few steps forward, now within arms length of her slightly shivering General. Turning her head to see that all of her other Generals were paying attention to the scene, she said in that same saccharine tone "Lily sends her regards to us. Oh, and she also says that she snuck into this camp and kidnapped the negotiator."

Seeing the eyes of her Generals widen just a bit as they snuck looks at eachother, she continued on. "Can any of you tell me why an enemy sneaking into MY camp and stealing MY soldiers might piss me off here?"

The silence stretched on for a few moments before Sunny said "Can any of you tell me why NO ONE saw them doing this? No? Oh, but it's not just the fact that Lily snuck through here right under your ALL of your clueless noses! No, you see Lily also listed her demands for the negotiators return. Do you want to know what they are? Well? She wants all of my clothes and undergarments. Not one pair of my clothes here. Not even some of them. No, she also wants ALL of them. Oh, and she wants me to deliver as much of Luna's and Star's clothes as possible too."

Seeing the slightly disbelieving looks on their faces, Sunny then started pointing at other things on the paper.

"Of course, she also said that if that's not possible, she wants me to get hold of porn involving Cirno."

Seeing the gobsmacked looks on their faces at that statement almost made this fiasco worth it. Almost, but not quite.

"And if I can't do that? She wants fifty pounds of cheese!" she said as she slammed her hands against the table. "Oh, but that's not all you see. Lily's said that she made an 'open offer' to the rest of the leaders too."
>> No. 148051
The cheese shop in the human village closed early that day.
>> No. 148055
>>148045

HaHaha, what? Almost makes me consider giving the negotiator to Lily.
>> No. 148057
>>148055
Why wouldn't we give the Negotiator to Lily? It'd be a massive win for us. No prisoner, no reputation hit with Sunny, no Sunny Generals poking around.

It's probably best to save this sort of discussion for after we meet Lily, though.
>> No. 148062
Cirno walked forward towards the small building where many of her troops had gathered for some reason, laughing and whispering with eachother. Pushing her way through the large crowd, Cirno raised her voice and ask "What's all this about?"

The crowd gasped and turned in her direction, many of them going pale. Raising her eyebrow, she continued to walk forward, asking "Well?"

One of Cirno's Generals pointed a shaking finger towards the wall, where a picture-frame stood. Inside that frame was a beautifully drawn picture of Cirno-of Cirno being...

"What," Cirno stated dumbfoundedly at the sight before her.

"A g-gift," Cirno's General began, trying to hide her nervousness "a gift from Sunny!"

The crowd watched Cirno grind her teeth before she suddenly stopped, a dangerous smile beginning to appear on her face. One foolish soldier thought it an appropriate time to let out a small relieved laugh, which to her misfortune only got her incased in a block of ice.

"Oh? Think this is funny do you?" Cirno said as the wall became incased in ice as well, destroying the picture along with a small section of the wall as well.

"Well then, I think I should go stop by and give Sunny my thanks for that little gift of hers. Don't you agree? Well then, let's not keep her waiting."
>> No. 148064
Alright, Omakes are enough to get me moving. Adjusting, Henna is now clad in squirrel-fur and using the spear. She's also smart enough to use it with both hands, given there's nothing for her to use in her off-hand, so that's something.

Also, I should point out that at this point every conscripted fairy you get, I'm going to automatically station both to their home territory, just to relieve a little of my own headaches, rather than wait for people to decide who gets put where to keep everything under control. So I guess you should check that thing every so often to see if there are redundant stationings.

Names are mostly fine, though still subject to negotiation if someone just really hates one or two of them. I am nixing the twins, though, for now. Because Twins are the sort of thing Emerald would be subtly bringing up, and all, and they could reasonably be expected to have both come from the same territory besides. The rest are okay for filling in nameless lots, and I can go back to starting with 'A' as placeholders again. That leaves about, eh, three of the DM's that are still nameless, plus the ghost, if you decide it really needs a name. Or if you want to change the zombie names, they probably wouldn't object. They wouldn't really object to being just left as they are either, though.
>> No. 148065
>>148064

That's cool. I'll write up another Omake or two sometime tomorrow. The bit about the "Twins" makes me laugh a bit. As for the three DM names still open, hmm, how about these?
1. Elizabeth
2. Rhapsody Starlight
3. Iona Silk
>> No. 148066
i just had an idea. [X] if the lamia is still alive and able to recover from her injuries try and persuade it to work for you. if it's dead then please ignore this.
>> No. 148067
>>148066

It's a little too early for that. A better time would be after the meeting/fallout with Lily takes place.
>> No. 148068
File 131949068370.jpg - (592.04KB , 850x704 , sample_7b52433cf0661e6c75af1b00596c6f09d0a74015.jpg ) [iqdb]
148068
Tabuki barks out orders hurriedly, rushing to get properly clothed and nearly falling over after getting tangled up in the process. The fairies are immediately on-hand to assist, though she wasn't quite sure that some of the patting and brushing was, strictly speaking, necessary, but it got the job done.

"Meira! Meira!" She called quickly as she headed out, getting the swordswoman's attention for the dual purpose of transportation and backup. In moments, they were off.

Lily was located well into Tabuki's territory, having blown past the first fork without any sort of interest in the single fairy stationed there. She was met just shy of the next key juncture, only barely outside of the Underground City itself.

"Heeeeey, little Leader!" Lily squealed upon Tabuki's arrival. "You came out to play! That's great! That means I don't have to find you!"

"For what purpose have you come?" Tabuki snapped, still a little tired and irritated from having to rush out of bed. Lily tilted her head to one side.

"Didn't I just say it?" She asked. "I came to play! So let's play~"

Dozens of orbs of light manifest around Lily, as her smile broadens, and Tabuki realizes that negotiation of any sort had never been on the fairy's mind from the beginning.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 148069
File 131949077259.png - (19.04KB , 338x439 , Undergroundmap.png ) [iqdb]
148069
Battle for VII

Chris, Dominique, Lost Spirit

vs

MMx2, DM

---

C- x
D- x
LS- 3 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (7hp)

MM- x
MM2- x
DM- 1 damage to (d3=2) Dominique (14hp)

C- 2 damage to (d3=3) DM (8hp)
D- 2 damage to (d3=3) DM (6hp)
LS- 3 damage to (d3=1) MM (7hp)

MM- 2 damage to (d3=3) LS (HALVED: 11hp)
MM2-2 damage to (d3=3) LS (HALVED: 10hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d3=2) D (12hp)

C- 3 damage to (d3=1) MM (4hp)
D- 3 damage to (d3=1) MM (1hp)
LS- 4 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (3hp)

MM- 1 damage to (d3=3) LS (NULL)
MM2- 1 damage to (d3=2) D (11hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d3=3) LS (8hp)

C- 2 damage to (d3=3) DM (4hp)
D- 2 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (1hp)
LS- 4 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (KO)

MM- 2 damage to (d3=3) LS (HALVED: 7hp)
DM- 1 damage to (d3=1) C (14hp)

C- 2 damage to (d2=1) MM (KO)
D- 3 damage to DM (1hp)
LS- 4 damage to DM (KO)

VICTORY.
Though they search, the squids have long since been eaten, and what few scraps remain are worthless.
Conscripted: MMA, DMA.
+1 battle xp
Scouting: TII-1, TII-2.

---

Battle for X

Akira, Bellflower, Chiko, Levina, Yumiko, Ellette, Deady

vs

CSx4, MMx2, DM

Strategy roll = 8, success. Flat +2 health.

---

A-x
B-x
C- 3 damage to (d4= 1) CS1 (7hp)
L- 3 damage to (d4= 2) CS2 (7hp)
Y- 2 damage to (d4=3) CS3 (8hp)
E- 7 damage to (d4=4) CS4 (3hp)
D- x

CS1:4- x
MM1:2- x
DM- 1 damage to (d7=2) Bellflower (16hp)

A- 3 damage to (d4=2) CS2 (4hp)
B- 3 damage to (d4=4) CS4 (KO)
C- 3 damage to (d3=1) CS1 (4hp)
L- 2 damage to (d3=3) CS3 (5hp)
Y- 2 damage to (d3=3) CS3 (2hp)
E- 6 damage to (d3=2) CS2 (KO)
D- 8 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (KO)

CS3- 2 damage to (d7=6) Ellette (15hp)
CS attempts to swallow. (HP=15/17, d17=17) It succeeds!
Ellette takes an additional 3 compression and acid damage. (12hp)
MM1-1 damage to (d6=1) Akira (16hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d6=2) Bellflower (14hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d6=2) Bellflower (12hp)

Ellette panics and creates searing flame.
5 damage to CS3 (KO)
5 damage to Ellette (HALVED: 10hp)
Ellette has burned her way free. CS3 corpse is burning rapidly to ash.

A- 3 damage to (d3=3) DM (7hp)
B- 2 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (8hp)
C- 2 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (6hp)
L- 3 damage to (d3=3) DM (4hp)
Y-3 damage to (d3=1) MM1 (7hp)
D- 7 damage to (d3=3) DM (KO, -3hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d7=1) Akira (15hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d7=4) Levina (15hp)

A- 3 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (4hp)
B- 3 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (1hp)
C- 2 damage to (d2=2) MM2 (4hp)
L- 3 damage to (d2=2) MM2 (1hp)
Y- 3 damage to (d2=1) MM1 (KO)
E- 6 damage to MM2 (KO)

D- 7 damage to DM (-10hp, death)

VICTORY

Conscripted MMB, DMB [Necrophobe]
+1 battle xp
Ellette gains: Inedibility 1.
Loot -> 3 squid meat = +12 silvers.
Scouting TV-1

---

Battle for XI

Dead2, Newdead, Dawn, Russet, Henna, Fabrizia, Honey Mints

vs

CSx2, ZFx3, MM, DM

De- x
New-x
D- x
R-x
H-x
F- 2 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (8hp)
HM- 6 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (2hp)

CS1:2- x
ZF1:3- x
MM- x
DM- 1 damage to (d7=3) Dawn (9hp)

De- 8 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (2hp)
New- 8 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (KO)
D- 2 damage to CS2 (KO)
R- 2 damage to (d3=3) ZF3 (13hp)
H- 7 damage to (d3=3) ZF3 (6hp)
F- 2 damage to (d3=2) ZF2 (13hp)
HM- 7 damage to (d3=3) ZF3 (KO)

ZF1- 3 damage to (d7=3) Dawn (7hp)
ZF2- 4 damage to (d7=6) Fabrizia (11hp)
MM- 1 damage to (d7=6) F (10hp)
DM- 1 damage to (d7=4) Russet (9hp)

De- 7 damage to (d2=2) ZF2(6hp)
New- 8 damage to (d2=2) ZF2(KO)
D- 2 damage to ZF1 (13hp)
R- 1 damage to ZF1 (12hp)
H- 7 damage to ZF1 (5hp)
F- 3 damage to ZF1 (2hp)
HM- 5 damage to ZF1 (KO)

MM- 2 damage to (d7=6) F (8hp)
DM- 2 damage to (d7=6) F (6hp)

De- 8 damage to (d2=2) DM (2hp)
New- 7 damage to (d2=2) DM (KO, -5hp)
D- 2 damage to MM (8hp)
R- 1 damage to MM (7hp)
H- 8 damage to MM (KO, -1hp)

De- 7 damage to DM (-12hp)
New- 8 damage to DM (-20hp)
DM is mostly devoured before even realizing they are dead.

VICTORY.

DM [-20/10] Necrophobe 2.
+1 battle xp
Conscripted MMC, DMC [Necrophobe2]
Bleak Aura [d100 = 18]
Loot -> 2 squid meat = +8 silvers
Scouting TVI-1

>> No. 148070
[x]Have Meira get clear and start dodging. If it looks like she's winding up for something big, hit her with a short burst of gravity to try to interrupt it. Return fire with your little fiery spitwads, just don't expect much out of them unless you somehow get a burst of inspiration and figure out how to chain and/or multicast the spell.
>> No. 148073
Yay! Let's play~

[x] Order Meira to stay back.
[x] Focus on dodging.
[x] Try to make a danmaku pattern with wild magic.
[x] Mess with her gravity to force her into bullets.

That fire attack is boooring. Wild magic danmaku will be much more entertaining, trust me.
>> No. 148074
File 131949348058.png - (107.55KB , 1642x688 , OOB6.png ) [iqdb]
148074
Hey guys! I have this new and shiny order of battle for our... Damn it guys! Don’t play in the war room!

[x] Order Meira to stay back.
[x] Focus on dodging.
[x] Try to make a danmaku pattern with wild magic.
[x] Mess with her gravity to force her into bullets.
>> No. 148075
Err, perception isn't Tabby's strongpoint here. Pulling off Danmaku requires magic, agility, and perception. Tabby has two out of three, but I worry she's going to jump out of the way of an attack and run headfirst into a wall in the process, or something like that.
>> No. 148081
I have my doubts that wild magic would even be capable of danmaku patterns; at least not without doing something like rolling for cost per bullet. That, and splitting her focus to try to pull something like that off is kind of asking for it.
>> No. 148092
[x] Remember thread 1 and 2 and join her in the game.
[x] Dodge every-fucking-thing, and give back if possible
[x] Watch how she does it. Understand this magical expression. Do something similar with your own magic.

Thi is Tabby's first (almost) real spellcard duel. She has never done it and have no spellcards, so all she can do, at best, is to dodge things.

I'm also hoping she will start learning danmaku from this, by copying what Lily is doing.
>> No. 148095
[X] Order Meira to stay back.
[X] Tell Lily this is your first time "playing" this "game", so you don't know the "rules" of it other than not dying.
[X] Avoid getting hit.
[X] Try to use your Magic/Gravity Powers to throw Lily around (into the walls, attacks, whatever).
[X] Throw around your own magic attacks. Fire, Bullets, Possessive Spirits, Boulders, etc.

Let's keep this simple. Lily IS playing here, no matter how much that play might hurt like a motherfucker in the process, or afterwards. Also, >>148075 and >>148081 bring up good points, wild magic may not work that way, and last time Tabuki tried to manipulate someone else's magic (Yuugi) it didn't work out that well either. Also, >>148092 brought up another point that needs to be addressed.
>> No. 148099
[x] Remember thread 1 and 2 and join her in the game.
[x] Dodge everything
[x] Watch how she does it. Understand this magical expression. Do something similar with your own magic.

Let's not get too crazy as if we end up breaking the spell card rules we'd either make things worse or possibly be greeted by an angry Reimu.
>> No. 148103
[x] Remember the basics of CQC.
[x] Dodge everything
[x] Watch how she does it. Understand this magical expression. Do something similar with your own magic.
>> No. 148118
[x] Remember thread 1 and 2 and join her in the game.
[x] Remember the basics of CQC.
[x] Dodge everything
[x] Watch how she does it. Understand this magical expression. Do something similar with your own magic.
>> No. 148120
[x] Dodge everything, always.
[x] When possible, watch how she does it. Understand this magical expression. Do something similar with your own magic, be it with the spells you know or with your raw magical power.

Just being needlessly more specific, I think? Also, careful with those CQC votes. Even if such thing is usually used as "get ready to fight", there s always chances of a literal interpretation, and Tabby wouldn't stand a chance.
>> No. 148121
>>148120

How do you know? Lily is a fairy, her physical power score can't be that high. Also, it never hurts to remember the basics, in any situation.
>> No. 148122
>>148121

Tabby has 1 STR and VIT 1. All she can use in a meele brawl is her agility, and that alone doesn't win battles.

And while it could be argued that you can win physical disputes with technique and etc, Tabby doesn't know any martial art or the like. Heck, she can barely magic her way in a fight.
>> No. 148124
>>148122

Vitality of 1? What the heck are you reading, cuz it sure isn't Doll's Quest.
>> No. 148125
>>148124

Ah, sorry, sorry. I thought there wasn't a VIT stat, it's replaced by PER. I'm too used with VIT stats, that it's automatic to think about it.
>> No. 148126
>>148125
>there wasn't

*there was

You know what, I'm going to sleep now.
>> No. 148127
Tabby's poor perception doesn't necessarily mean she's bad at danmaku, by the way. 2 out of 3 stats is pretty damn good, and spellcards (when she gets some) don't require perception at all.

If she focuses on finding patterns, we might be able to factor intelligence into it. Random bullets would wreck that strategy, obviously... and Lily isn't known for patterns.
>> No. 148133
>>148124
What's her CON stat then? All I remember offhand is that Tabby is stuck with a retardedly min-max build (and not in a good way)
>> No. 148134
>>148133
There is no Con stat. My guess is that HP is tied to Str/Level, so she's rather flimsy at the moment.

As for the build, I don't mind it. It's kind of like her position in the war; can't do much at first, but if properly developed she'll be scary.
>> No. 148136
>>148134
we'd need to fix the gaping holes in her build for her to be any good as at the moment all her strong points are near useless due to all the weaknesses.
>> No. 148138
>>148136
Not really. The main thing holding her back right now is that she has a build that requires hitting the books something fierce to get it rolling, and she's less than two weeks old. Once she can use her abilities for something more than small tactical bonuses and asking the RNG for handouts she'll be fine.
>> No. 148139
File 131959973129.jpg - (63.96KB , 643x486 , magic.jpg ) [iqdb]
148139
Tabby needs to learn magic shield. That way her her HP will be a function of magic and level, instead of power and level.
>> No. 148197
The ringing of the doorbell alerted the shopowner that he had a visitor, maybe even a customer.

"Hola Pedro! ¿Cómo usted ha sido?" a large man asked as Pedro walked out from the storeroom, a smile on both their faces.

"Estoy muy bien, ¿y usted?" Pedro asked with a spring in his step.

"Bien. I'm sure you enjoy speaking in our home tongue my old friend, but I hope you'll forgive me if I try my hand at this language for a while. Hopefully I won't mangle it as badly as I do my Portugués. Anna won't let me that live down, by the way," the man said with a friendly smile on his own face.

"Think nothing of it Jorge. Besides, the way you flustered those poor Encantado still makes me laugh myself," Pedro said with a hearty laugh and smile, bringing his old friend in for a hug. "Besides, I know my sister well. So what's an old goat eater like you doing in a place like this, beyond visiting friends and family it seems?"

"Well, recently Coyote and Raven got bored, high off their asses, and started up some trouble across the globe. Whatever they did pissed off a lot of high powered beings across the planet, and everybody has been running around sending messangers left and right to soothe egos and run damage control and all that," Jorge said.

"Really now?" Pedro asked in honest curiousity.

"Yeah. Practically EVERY hidden realm has been contacted as no one knows where and who Coyote and Raven might have decided to fuck with," Jorge said before dropping his voice to barely a whisper and adding "I feel sorry for the poor fools sent off to deliver their messages in that hidden burning hell in the US though. I heard that the first messenger that was sent didn't even reach her destination before some thing ripped off her skin and started raping her not-quite-dead body. I understand that our jobs can get dangerous at times, and that sometimes we can even get injured or killed in our duties, but that is just pushing it!"

Pedro could feel the beginning of a rant forming, and neither wanting to hear that, or any further horrifically detailed gory tales from that Human made Hell, decided to change the subject.

"Jorge, it has been almost two decades since last I saw you. Let us not speak of unending evils, homicidal rapist monsters, or thoroughly depressing matters such as politics at a time like this," Pedro said solemnly. A coy smile slowly forming on his face, Pedro turned to his brother-in-law and asked "So tell me, last I heard Anna and you were planning on making me a proud Uncle?"

Seeing the smile on Pedro's face, and grateful for the change in topic, Jorge laughed. "Very well then Pedro," before pulling out pictures of the newest additions of their family and talking of events that occured in the long absence since their last meeting.
>> No. 148202
>>148197

I don't get it. Is this a reference to something?
>> No. 148218
>>Hidden Realm
>>Burning Hell
>>US
>>ripped off her skin and started raping her not-quite-dead body

ಠ_ಠ Silent Hill?
>> No. 148219
>>148218
You know, as the guy who wrote the last two (Sup' Kahi), I didn't write this one. Hmm, I'll probably write up another one sometime tonight.
>> No. 148221
File 131975815333.png - (706.35KB , 850x850 , sample_17435f76f45c27ee82126c63a3f244ac46ef02f4.png ) [iqdb]
148221
"Meira, for now keep b-" Tabuki begins, but is interrupted.

By bullets of force and light. So many, dozens, hailing down on her position like rain, not all focused on her, but too many for comfort. Everywhere. She frantically threw herself into dodging everything she could. Agility roll 18d10=4,5,9,2,4,3,1,4,5,10,7,8,10,7,8,2,1,5 She weaved in and out of the path of the majority, but one clipped her and sent her spinning, setting her up for a pair of solid, full on hits. They hurt, but not in a physical pain. It was something of a relief, as she got the feeling that she couldn't die from these, even if things went horribly wrong for her and she wasn't capable of leaving the battlefield on her own.5 damage, hp = 89

She landed on her back, and only had a moment to realize that Lily was dropping rapidly in her direction, feet-first.Agility roll 1d10=8 She hurled herself into a roll, barely clearing the danger area in time.

Lily hopped back up to float in the air, leaving behind a tiny dent in the stone floor. That... would have really hurt. She automatically retaliates with a blast of flame, as she rolls to her feet, mind whirling as she analyzes the patterns, but Lily seems to brush it off as though it were of no consequence. d10=5+9=14 damage

"Whoo~ That hurts some!" Lily declares. "But you'll never win if you're just tossing out one attack at a time, even if you can aim more precisely."

"You'll have to forgive me, I'm new to this sort of play." Tabuki wheezes, muscles aching. "I haven't quite worked out how to launch so many little attacks at once. I think I have something you'll enjoy, though!"

Fire exploded outward from Tabuki, into a multitude of bolts of flame. This spell is new, an untested variation of the fire she's been playing so much with, but she smiles as she launches it. Lily dodges about half of them, whizzing past her to leave scorch marks in the walls, but the rest strike home. 1d10=8 bullets. 4d10 = 26 + (9*4) = 62 damage. -15mp

"That's better! Keep doing that, and you have a better chance!" Lily cheers, ignoring the burn marks on her clothes and skin as more of her orbs of magic form. These seem... more painful to look at, somehow. "I'm going to put a liiiitle more effort into this, okay?" Lily confirms. "If you let these hit, they'll huuuurt~ Be sure not to die, though, all right? I'll get in trouble if you do, and I won't forgive you for that."

Tabuki grunts wearily as her eyes flick around, looking for, and failing to find, a pattern in the storm shortly to come.

[ ] Action?

---

Tabuki has advanced her understanding of fire magic through diligent practice and need, and has created a variation of a spell.

Tabuki has learned Multiple Flame Strike.
>> No. 148222
>>Be sure not to die, though, all right? I'll get in trouble if you do, and I won't forgive you for that.

Fuck.

[X] Go all out. Burn every last drop of magic you have if you have to, but DO NOT DIE!
[X] Try and use your gravity powers as well here. If not on Lily to hinder/hurt her, than at least on yourself to help you dodge and evade.
>> No. 148224
>Multiple Fire Strike
>1d10=8 bullets. 4d10 = 26 + (9*4) = 62 damage. -15mp

Oh yes, much better indeed.

[x] Dodging her attacks come first. If she lands succesful hits, it doesn't matter if she is hit too.
[x] Decrease gravity on youself when you need the speed. Just remember that sometimes slower might help you too.
[x]Increase gravity on Lily to slow her movements and keep casting the improved spell.

Not much to do, unless we start using Wild Magic. Or come up with a smart plan, though plans don't usually fare well agains (random) danmaku.
>> No. 148225
[x] Do a barrel roll!
[x] Create a mobile shield through sheer force of will.
[x] Dodge as much as possible and let the shield soak up the rest.
[x] Multiple flame strike spam after it passes.

Tabby's dodging ability is good, but a little insurance never hurt anyone.
>> No. 148226
[x]Keep dodging and return fire.
[x]See if her shots are effected by your own or your gravity power in some way. If they are, try coming up with a larger version of the flame strike and doing the gravity-redirection thing on it's center so it sucks things into it as it moves. Once you're clear of it's area of effect, of course.
[x]Failing that, settle for using it to ease your own movements to conserve stamina.
[x]Also try focusing the multistrike on one spot, then using a burst of gravity to force her into it. Even if it does work, she'll probably catch on after a shot or two, so don't overuse it.
>> No. 148229
>>148225
Shields = Broken Danmaku Rules. Broken Danmaku Rules = No Longer Playing Danmaku. No Longer Playing Danmaku = Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit.
>> No. 148230
>>148229
There's nothing in the danmaku rules forbidding shields. How do you think people like Patchouli take so much punishment? It's not her stamina, that's for fucking sure.

What is in the rules, is that the participants have to agree on the number of spellcards beforehand. This is just a normal nonlethal (hopefully) duel.
>> No. 148233
>>148232
>Dodging is for people with agility.
Like Tabby? She has 8 agility.
>> No. 148236
>>148235
That's not how Wild Magic works. It's going to be a random cost, no matter how much she uses it for a particular task. It's a last resort option, and as Tabby isn't in too much danger* right now there's no real need for something like that.

*yet
>> No. 148238
>>148236
We regen mana like mad. Our new spell uses 15 mana out of 8100. Wild magic is the only way we can realistically make use of that massive mana pool right now.
>> No. 148239
>>148236

Nope.jpg.avi.rar.part2

Wild magic can be used to do makeshift spells, it's just that they have significantly higher cast rates until Tabby actually learns the spell.
>> No. 148240
>>148239
That's assuming it doesn't backfire horribly, such as caving in the floor.
>> No. 148241
>>148240

Would you gamble on a 9 out of 10 chance to win? I sure would.
>> No. 148242
>>148239
I wasn't saying it couldn't be done, I was saying that the fact she's done earth manipulation before will have no impact on the cost. She could conjure fifty tons of earth into existence and only pay 100 MP, or she could use up 7000 to move a pebble.

>>148241
It's a 90% chance she'd make the check, not a 90% chance she'd get exactly what she's aiming for. The wall might only be six inches tall, or she could blow half her mana to conjure up a shield that pops in one hit. It's even possible it'd work too well and, say, completely close off the cavern; or make a shield that blocks out absolutely everything, including air. The stuff's dangerous and shouldn't be messed with casually.
>> No. 148243
>>148242
Random effects are fun. We do not have anything better.

Even if we somehow manage to kill ourselves, we don't know what happens when we die. Think of it as exploration.
>> No. 148244
>>148242
Indeed. Wild Magic at this time is a bad idea.

Honestly, the best vote I've seen so far is >>148222 , as it's short and simple. We don't want to tempt Murphy here after all. I'll wait to see if anyone else comes up with something better before I second it.
>> No. 148245
>>148244

It would honestly be better to not vote at all than to vote for something stupid like that. "going all out" doesn't even make any sense when you only have 1 or 2 spells you would use in a fight.

Better to take a chance with wild magic.
>> No. 148246
>>148245
You're arguing that Tabuki should take the chance of getting herself killed "for the lulz." Excuse me if I tell you to go fuck yourself on basic principle.

[X] Go all out. Burn every last drop of magic you have if you have to, but DO NOT DIE!
[X] Try and use your gravity powers as well here. If not on Lily to hinder/hurt her, than at least on yourself to help you dodge and evade.
>> No. 148247
>>148246
Why do you hate fun?
>> No. 148248
>>148247
Why do you eat babies?
>> No. 148249
>>148246

Haha oh snap, this niggas gettting mad as hell.

>burn every last drop of magic you have

This is prolly the dumbest vote in all 6 threads of this story.

Using wild magic is a lot safer than your plan.
>> No. 148250
>>148248
Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>> No. 148252
Or take advantage of what is effectively a heavy sparring match and experiment a bit. Lily's not trying to kill Tabby, she's just turning the heat up a bit to see if a bit of pressure will get Tabby's mind working a bit harder to come up with new tricks.

Hmmmm...

>>148226
Adding: [x]If the shots aren't effected by gravity manipulation, but are diverted/stopped by the fire, then try to see if you can keep the shots generated by the multi flame strike around you without firing them as a sort of shield; and if that's workable, try stacking several castings' worth of flames and letting them all go at once when you have an opening.
>> No. 148253
File 131978110149.jpg - (35.64KB , 720x400 , Blankly stared at.jpg ) [iqdb]
148253
>>Haha oh snap, this niggas gettting mad as hell.
>> No. 148256
>>148255
She might get another fire spell upgrade. That'd be neato. Or she could try attacking the bullets with fire. Maybe they'd cancel out.

Wild magic would be a more reliable defense, but eh. Either way is fine.
>> No. 148258
Why are you two arguing? Using Wild Magic and burning every last drop of magic are pretty much the same thing. Tabby's most expensive spell right now is a mere 15 MP out of her 8100 MP pool, trying to burn through it all with just that is like trying to empty a pool with an eyedropper, the only way she'd be able to burn it faster would be to either use wild magic or try to come up with new spell variants on the spot(which Lily seems to be trying to provoke), and "burn every last drop" sounds more like the former.

This is a learning opportunity, make the most of it.

Also seems deleting my posts in an attempt to word them better has caused this to become a touch disjointed, sorry about that.
>> No. 148259
>>148258
There's a HUGE difference between "Use as much magic as you have to in order to survive" compared to "Burn away all your magic for our amusement." Seriously, it's like people are too stupid to understand the words "if you have to", as if they're part of some crazy moon language beyond the ken of mere mortals.
>> No. 148260
Meh, I wonder how much HP Lily has. Remember way back when we attacked Yuugi? The atomic bomb attack did over 2000 damage to Yuugi, and she still was able to fight. I'd guess her HP to be 3000+, though less than 4000.

Yuugi =/= Lily, obviously, but 60 damage is crap.

We should probably start experimenting with wild magic--our spells and Danmaku just aren't cutting it. High risk, but way higher reward.
>> No. 148261
>>148260

Adding to that, that spell did 4d100 * MAG damage, at the cost of 1d100 * ManaPool Mana.

And regarding Spell Card rules: Don't official danmaku duels require some sort of declaration before hand? If they do, this isn't an official spell card battle. Plus fairies seem to more or less take regeneration in stride, even the larger ones
>> No. 148262
>>148260
This is a better argument for using Wild Magic, but even so I don't think we should use it yet due to just how high the risks really are. Tabby's HP is currently 89 (normally 100, right?), and her MP is currently 8085. I say we hold back on using Wild Magic until Tabuki's HP is 25 or lower.
>> No. 148263
>>148259
There is a serious difference between "the cost for wild magic is random" and "burn all your magic for our amusement."

We have 8100 mp. We have 100 hp. Trading mp for hp is common fucking sense. Did you notice that he rolled Agility 18 times last update? We're going to be rolling even more next update, with stronger bullets. Not taking some sort of action to mitigate this is suicidal. This argument is dumb; I'm not making anymore posts.
>> No. 148264
>>148259

>"Burn away all your magic for our amusement."

Isn't even close to what the wild magic votes are saying. Nice reading comprehension there bro.

Also If you want to "go all out" why not make a wild magic themed plan for it instead of doing it blindly?

>>148262

If Tabby's HP gets to 25 or lower... doesn't that mean she should have used wild magic from the beggining? since Multiple Flame Strike spam didn't work?
>> No. 148270
>>There is a serious difference between "the cost for wild magic is random" and "burn all your magic for our amusement."

The last few posts prior to >>148260 have been arguing "for the lulz." Whether you argue for or against it, you do have to account for the consequence of fucktards arguing for something under trollish reasons.

>>Trading mp for hp is common fucking sense.

This is true, and I honestly think you and the other guy are both arguing that, I just think you two are arguing HOW to do that in different ways.

>>148222 and >>148246 seem to be arguing "Use as many spells as possible, go on the offensive, and dodge where you have to."

>>148260 seems to be arguing "Let's try to end this fight before it drags out."

The question becomes, what are the chances that would work out, and what can go wrong? Let's look back to thread 2, these are Kahi's words and the dice rolls shown regarding what happened the last time Wild Magic was used in such a way.

"1d100=58% = 4698 mp lost

4d100 = 237 x MAG = 2133 damage.

Tabuki takes 90 damage. Current HP = 10, current MP = 3399"

Now, what does this mean? Tabuki's successful roll nearly killed her in the process. So, while it's true that Wild Magic can end this fight quickly, it also has the very real potential of killing Tabuki in the process. Combine the fact that dying like that just so unsatisfactory, and the fact that previous posters were advocating this line of approach "for the lulz", and there IS going to be resistance to it as a consequence.
>> No. 148272
I like how (it looks like) we failed a perception check for finding a pattern in the storm.

In the numbers sense, it looks like two small-scale bullets are about five HP. We dodge 90% of shots. So, even if these bullets do double damage, it'll take like 170 shots before we 'die.' So barring a major spell card failure, we probably are at a greater risk from our own magic (remember the 90 HP Backlash from wild magic against Yuugi) than death by danmaku.

The question that arises is if regular magic will be able to fight Lily. It looks like fire spam does If we estimate half of our firespam hits, that's an expected 2.75 hits of 1d10+Mag = 14.5 damage, so a hair shy of 40 damage a turn.

At our current rate, where Lily gets 20 bullets per our 1d10, we'll do 340 damage. How much HP does Lily have? Probably more than 100, and maybe even more than 500. That 60 damage we just did was brushed off as minor burns to skin and clothes.

Another thing to consider is possible gains. On one hand we've demonstrated that we can gain through fighting, and our new spell is an order of magnitude better than our old one. On the other hand, we've already gained something from this fight, and what spell do we have to improve? Just spamming firespam won't demonstrate any improvement. I'd guess that, barring some imaginative write-ins, we won't improve. I'd also guess that perception is a valid skill relating to improving your own spells. We don't have much perception. On the other hand, other valid skills probably include Intelligence, Magic, and Luck, two of which we have.

Regardless, this battle doesn't really matter. It's been stated that we can't die, or at least heavily implied, so barring stupidity, there's no bad end here. Losing won't even lose us a territory, just prevent us from gaining one. One that, I may add, we probably won't be able to gain because Lily also has a bunch of samurai and ninja fairies with her. A pyrrhic victory against Lily won't help us against a pair of ninjas that do 15-26 damage a turn and a pair of samurai that do 28-37. If all four attacked us at once, we're down.

Possible action: Improvise wild magic for a magic shield. More HP/armor is always good.
>> No. 148273
It should also be noted that Kahi said that the Nuke was not and should not be looked at as a typical result, but rather the result of a number of lucky rolls.


Lest I forget: I do wish to note that there's nothing riding on this fight except some Lily respect. Even if Tabby has to drop out before before Lily's satisfied, offering to buy her a post-fight drink or two at Yuugi's ought to mitigate any rep hit she may take.
>> No. 148274
>>148267

>make her spin by covering 50% of her with stronger gravity

I'm guessing you skipped your physics classes in high school?

>>148269

I see your point. As such i'm not going to repeat the error last time and shoot for an offensive wild magic spell.

[X] wild magic - mobile force shield
[X] continue dodging
[X] return fire with Multiple Flame Strike
>> No. 148275
>>(remember the 90 HP Backlash from wild magic against Yuugi)

I'm going to post the math on that. Seriously, the math argues against this too.

Kahi rolled four D100's, and stated that the Damage Result is "Number x Magic Stat". This means that the damage done can range from "4 x 9 (=36)" to "400 x 9 (=3600)." The Damage we take as backlash is going to be calculated as "Damage Done/(Dice Roll Result x 0.1)". In other words, the reason Tabby took 90 damage last time was because "2133/(237x0.1) = 90".

A better roll would have resulted in Tabby's death. Yeah, no, fuck that.
>> No. 148277
>>148270
>trollish reasons
I vote to maximize my enjoyment. I wish we enjoyed the same things. I really do. The fact that we do not does not make me a troll: I am not trying to ruin your enjoyment.

I'm going to enjoy whatever Kahi writes, in any case.
>> No. 148278
>>148274

Hah, not really. Though it would be nice of you to explain why it wouldn't work.
>> No. 148279
>>148275

So, using that formula, we can cheat the system by creating a myriad of amazing defensive spells.
>> No. 148280
File 131978708671.png - (17.95KB , 1152x648 , Gravity manipulation.png ) [iqdb]
148280
[x]Keep dodging and return fire.
[x]See if her shots are effected by your own or your gravity power in some way. If they are, try coming up with a larger version of the flame strike and doing the gravity-redirection thing on it's center so it sucks things into it as it moves. Once you're clear of it's area of effect, of course.
[x]Failing that, settle for using it to ease your own movements to conserve stamina.
[x]Also try focusing the multistrike on one spot, then using a burst of gravity to force her into it. Even if it does work, she'll probably catch on after a shot or two, so don't overuse it.

The test:
[x] Create a new gravitational field, pointed in the x-direction, covering less than 50% of lily.

Hopefully this will make her spin, sending fewer bullets in our direction.
>> No. 148281
>>148275

Really? Because that math means the backlash is always 90. Damage is 4D100 * Mag, and according to you recoil is 4D100 * Mag / (same 4D100 roll * .1)

Unless you mean to say we managed to roll 237 twice in a row.
>> No. 148282
>>148279
Uhm, yes and no. First, you need to roll for how much MP you lose, and it can range from 1% of our MP to 100% of it. After the roll for how much MP this actions costs us, we then have to roll for how effective our results are. Kahi rolled four D100's for the damage calculation. He may only roll one D100 for something like this, or he may roll four D100's again. Either way, the minimum roll is going to be a 9 for a single D100 roll, 36 for four D100 rolls, and at maximum it is going to be 900 for a single D100 roll, and 3600 for four D100 rolls. Then Kahi needs to calculate how that is going to affect those rolls are going to interact with the damage done. Honestly, I think the best way to do that would be to look at the percentage (let's say you got a 50 on your single D100 roll), and then divide that by the damage done (so an attack that would do 4 damage would only do 2, and would only last for so many attacks).

So yeah, this is not simple by any means, even if we get good rolls here.
>> No. 148283
>>148281
I'm pretty sure Kahi rolled for that 0.1 (via a 1D10), though I fully admit I may be wrong here on that (I'm assuming based on what I'd do to calculate how much damage Tabuki would take due to being too close). If that's the case, 90 HP was the minimum amount of damage Tabuki could have taken from that stunt.
>> No. 148284
>>148282

>"Damage Done/(Dice Roll Result x 0.1)"

from your formula. If damage done is equal to zero, damage taken by Tabby will always equal zero.

As such the only downside is the mana requirement, but that's only a one time thing sine tabby will know the spell after using it.

The bottom line is; spells that don't deal direct damage will always cheat this formula.

say if tabby casts a sleep spell,

or a spell that summons a dragon.

both of those will only cost mana, and not hp like the first wild magic spell did.
>> No. 148285
>>148283
Except in that case, that .1 is the worst possible roll. 9/.1 is 90, 9/.2 is 45, 9/.3 is 30, etc.

More likely, I'd say a roll against something for survival, and Kahi choosing HP damage. Too many factors for a simple equation to decide it.
>> No. 148286
[x]Keep dodging and return fire.
[x]See if her shots are effected by your own or your gravity power in some way. If they are, try coming up with a larger version of the flame strike and doing the gravity-redirection thing on it's center so it sucks things into it as it moves. Once you're clear of it's area of effect, of course.
[x]Failing that, settle for using it to ease your own movements to conserve stamina.
[x]Also try focusing the multistrike on one spot, then using a burst of gravity to force her into it. Even if it does work, she'll probably catch on after a shot or two, so don't overuse it.

The test:
[x] Create a new gravitational field, pointed in the x-direction, covering less than 50% of lily.
>> No. 148287
>>148285
Huh, seems I did say minimum. Wow, don't I feel stupid as hell now. True, that is one way to decide, but Kahi has been pretty consistant on using Dice Rolls here.

>>148284
>>from your formula. If damage done is equal to zero, damage taken by Tabby will always equal zero.

Lolwut? I see you didn't notice the multiple times it's been stated that the lowest roll is always going to be a 1, and that damage is going to be "Roll x Relevant Stat + Damage Bonus or Reduction From Equipment = Damage Result".
>> No. 148288
[X] Wild magic - Mobile Force Shield
[X] Continue dodging
[X] Return fire with Multiple flame strike

This seems to be the most reasonable path to take in this situation. A lot better than those gravity votes anyway.
>> No. 148290
>>148287

Spells that don't do damage obviously aren't going to use the damage calculation formula genius.

If it's a non-damage spell being factored into the wild magic backlash damage formula, the result will always be zero.

Tabby didn't take damage from the wild magic earth spell she used in the first thread did she? Nope
>> No. 148291
>>148287

We could also be overthinking it. For all we know, it was a flat 1d100. Or damage done/50 + 1d100, or any combination of any dice rolls. Could really be anything. I'll give you that it makes sense that it is relative to damage done, though.

I just want to say this:
>she got the feeling that she couldn't die from these, even if things went horribly wrong

Before we go crazy with wild magic/gravity magic/being stupid, this battle has no risk. It's been stated before, but the most likely way for us to die doing this is to try and make a shield or something, and kill ourselves with magic backlash.

And on the note of Wild Magic, if anyone is reading Patchy Quest, which seems to have similar magical mechanics, recently Kahi mentions about yukkuri:
>It would not be unreasonable to expect that this error came from the random effects of putting Wild magic to this purpose, nearly unrestrained, although such would have likely been a flagrantly wasteful show of power indeed.
Guess who has a lot of power, not very much control, and a tendency to not know the side effects of wild magic?
In all seriousness though, before anon tells us to start trying to make living dessert, Wild Magic probably has side effects beyond just taking HP damage. A shield might, I don't know, alchemize our skin into rock to protect us from danger. Our attempts to move earth around may also transmute the ground into quicksand.

Of course, no guarantee that Kahi will keep that mechanic. He hasn't so far, from the few instances of wild magic we've seen.

Finally, from the flavor text of learning Multiple Flame Strike, use is a key part for learning new spells or improving our spells. Though, looking at our spells, this is more relevant outside of the fight. If we start binding elements (earth and fire are apparently plentiful underground and in hell), maybe we can improve our magical abilities.
>> No. 148292
>>148290
>>Spells that don't do damage obviously aren't going to use the damage calculation formula genius.

Please allow this humble genius here to inform you that if >>148284 was talking about "non-damage related spells", that the way that post was worded would have resulted in an automatic "D" by any halfway competent English Teacher.
>> No. 148293
>>148292

What? his post even says:

>The bottom line is; spells that don't deal direct damage will always cheat this formula.

At this point...I'm honestly not sure you understand English, so there's no reason to argue anymore.
>> No. 148294
>>Before we go crazy with wild magic/gravity magic/being stupid, this battle has no risk.

This is a quote from the last update.

>>"That's better! Keep doing that, and you have a better chance!" Lily cheers, ignoring the burn marks on her clothes and skin as more of her orbs of magic form. These seem... more painful to look at, somehow. "I'm going to put a liiiitle more effort into this, okay?" Lily confirms. "If you let these hit, they'll huuuurt~ Be sure not to die, though, all right? I'll get in trouble if you do, and I won't forgive you for that."

The Risk has increased, and is somewhat validly concerning at this point now.
>> No. 148295
>>148291
Tabby has 9 magic and 9 intelligence. Because of this, she has never failed to achieve her desired effect. Even when she failed a magic roll and collapsed the cave, she got her desired effect.
>> No. 148297
>>At this point...I'm honestly not sure you understand English, so there's no reason to argue anymore.

I hate to jump in on this, especially while you two are busy bitching eachother out, but I can say that my eyes starting glazing over not too far into reading >>148284 's post. Had he got to the point to begin with that probably wouldn't have happened, but even so I think his argument relies too much on "Non-Damage" spells to use that formula. The guy he was quoted didn't say that they did, and was talking previously about Wild Magic and Combat Damage and all that. Combine a post that causes the eyes to just glaze over and someone trying to bring up a different topic and misunderstandings are likely going to happen.
>> No. 148298
>>148297

You Have a valid point, but at the the same time, would YOU quote someone's post without even reading it?
>> No. 148299
Even is mobile force shield costed 99% of Tabby's mana, she could still cast multiple flame strike about 5 times, which would probably defeat Lily.
>> No. 148302
>>148280
Ah fuck it, too much hassle and too many unknowns, let’s keep it simple.

Changing vote to:
[x]Keep dodging
[x]Return fire with Multiple Flamestrike
[x]Try to hamper lily’s movement by amplifying the gravitational field around her.

The success of that last one depends on how lily’s flight spell works. Hopefully it doesn’t negate gravity outright.
>> No. 148303
Holy fuck it is extremely hard to actually enjoy this story when:
1. The updates are short as hell
2. Anons are bitching and metagaming and wont shut the fuck up and decide on one course of action

Jesus. I glance away from the thread for a day, and you all are complaining? Come on Anon, you're better then that.
>> No. 148312
Alright, I'm probably misunderstanding someone, but it sounds like at least one person was thinking that Tabby needs to pay an HP cost to use wild magic as an offensive tool.

She doesn't.

She didn't lose most of her HP to cast the nuke in the Yuugi fight, she lost it because she got caught in the AoE when it went off.

Also relevant: >>146156
>> No. 148315
A lot of people in this thread don't seem to understand how gravity outside of video games works. Kinda funny.
>> No. 148316
>>148312
No, the concern was Triplefold. One, that if we tried to use Wild Magic to do a high powered attack we could get caught up in it like last time. Two, that it might not even hit Lily, but rather us (imagine a grenade going off in your hand before you even throw it). Three, that it might not do anything of note at all.

I would likely also point out that there is the possibility of Non-Offensive Spells being able to kill us as well. Imagine using our gravity based powers to create a "Shield" and we accidentally do it too well, creating an Event Horizon in the process and killing ourselves and everyone around us due to it. Depending on how the rolls work (and it was never fully explain), and the "details" of what we're trying to do, there is the possibilty of a "Status/Non-Damage" spell doing damage via major fuckups. Not likely at all considering Tabby's INT/MAG stats are both 9, but even so, the possibility remains (I really think we need to get Tabby into the practice of binding spirits/elements to items once a day here).

>>Jesus. I glance away from the thread for a day, and you all are complaining? Come on Anon, you're better then that.

No, we're not, and you're a very silly person for thinking otherwise.

Anyways, there are two tied votes so far, so I think I'm going to throw my lot in with the second one. The first one is nice and simple, but the second one has the potential to give us a more rewards without being as potentially dangerous as the Wild Magic votes.

[x]Keep dodging and return fire.
[x]See if her shots are effected by your own or your gravity power in some way. If they are, try coming up with a larger version of the flame strike and doing the gravity-redirection thing on it's center so it sucks things into it as it moves. Once you're clear of it's area of effect, of course.
[x]Failing that, settle for using it to ease your own movements to conserve stamina.
[x]Also try focusing the multistrike on one spot, then using a burst of gravity to force her into it. Even if it does work, she'll probably catch on after a shot or two, so don't overuse it.

The test:
[x] Create a new gravitational field, pointed in the x-direction, covering less than 50% of lily.
>> No. 148317
>>148316

>but the second one has the potential to give us a more rewards without being as potentially dangerous as the Wild Magic votes.

>the Wild Magic votes

>try coming up with a larger version of the flame strike and doing the gravity-redirection thing on it's center so it sucks things into it as it moves

You are contradicting yourself bruh. If you want to do wild magic, why not stick with the safer side?
>> No. 148318
File 131982923165.jpg - (132.66KB , 500x433 , 56fa4ea4c5174204e4a38fd7cc10ee7bec74b359.jpg ) [iqdb]
148318
One thing Tabuki is well aware of. She doesn't want to be hit. Keeping out of the way is well and good enough, but she can't dodge everything. Something to take the blow in her place would be ideal. Some sort of moving shield, putting itself between her and the bullets she can't move out of the way of in time.

She reaches out to her magic, offering the guidelines and letting it shape itself as it pleases to fulfill them.1d10vsMag=1. It rushes without hesitation to fulfill the call, and she feels the energy flowing away from her to take form of its own.1d100=31, 8100*.31=2511: -2511mp

A transparent, shimmering twin of herself takes form before her, and smiles widely.

"BARRIER IS HERE TO TAKE YOUR PUNISHMENT!" It cheers, in an echoey voice that is somehow off. Barrier hp = 115

"NEAT!" Lily yells, eyes flashing. "Let's see how it works!"

Bullets crash down like rain in a thunderstorm, many going awry but too many heading for Tabuki. Agility 27d10 = 9,4,4,10,7,10,1,8,10,2,2,2,10,7,5,1,5,1,4,4,4,2,2,5,7,6,6 She weaves her way through the onslaught, but on multiple points she simply cannot dodge out of the way of one bullet without being put directly into another. In those cases, though, Barrier is already in place to take the hit before Tabuki even needs to try. Damage: 2, 4, 4, 4, 4= 18. Barrier hp= 97

"BARRIER IS HIT! IT IS A GOOD PAIN!" Barrier cheers, seeming honestly excited to be performing its function. Tabuki finds the declaration mildly distressing to hear, as she isn't quite sure what Barrier is, and she isn't sure she could deliberately create another one if this one gets itself destroyed in the line of duty. She's pretty sure she can repair it, however, so long as it has even a little vitality left and hasn't dispersed after this is over with. Gritting her teeth, she launches another salvo of flame. 1d10 = 9 shots, 3d10=16+(9*3)= 43 damage, -15hp

"Your accuracy goes way down when you're firing a lot of shots." Lily notes aloud. "And you aren't firing enough to make up for all the ones that miss, yet."

More bullets appear.

"Well, you'll just have to try harder~" She cheers.

"Why don't you try this!" Tabuki snaps back, reaching out and pulling at gravity, bending it. It throws Lily off balance and, surprised, she 'falls' backwards, but manages to adapt to the shifted force, and goes into a backwards flip and coming up to right herself swiftly. Unpracticed in extensive manipulation of her ability, Tabuki can't hold it for long, but it seems like it was just long enough.

"Chance!" Meira declares, and is suddenly there, having crossed the distance between herself and Lily in what seems like a single step, sword cleaving downwards at the fairy.

Lily's hands clap together, pinning the blade unexpectedly in place.

"No sell~" The fairy declares, smiling widely. She doesn't hesitate in the face of Meira's surprise, but immediately slams a foot into her side, sending her crashing into the tunnel wall. The swordswoman scrambles to her feet, but is favoring that side just a touch. 20 damage, hp = 70

"When did fairies... get this strong?" She wheezes.

"Who knows. Maybe you just got weak?" Lily wonders aloud, still smiling.

"... Tch." Meira says, shifting her footing a little.

It seems like Lily has decided that since the swordswoman was so eager to step in, she'll happily accept the newcomer to the play, and the density of the gathering bullets increases as she launches them.

Tabuki attempts to manipulate the gravity of the bullets, but simple gravity doesn't seem to affect them much in any way, and she can't quite grasp a way to make it take proper hold. More practice would be needed to manage a feat like that, and the heat of battle is probably not the best time for that, she decides. She seems to have made a few more than normal fly completely off course, however. Agility 14d10=6,8,5,1,2,2,2,10,10,5,1,8,8,7 Of those that still come her way, only a couple put her in difficult positions, and Barrier is once more there to take the blows. Damage: 4,4 = 8. Barrier hp = 89

"BARRIER INTERCEPTS!" Barrier yells. A quick glance to the side shows that Meira is doing well for her part in dodging, though she seems startled when she strikes at a bullet of magic and her blade fails to block, deflect, or in any way affect the thing as it continues on to plow directly into her face, rocking her head back. Damage 2, 4 = 6. hp = 64

Tabuki saves her breath for the moment, and launches her next salvo. 1d10=2 shots, 2d10=12+18= 30 damage, -15mp For whatever reason, the number of attacks are lower than they could be, but both strike home solidly against the fairy, and she grins. She starts to say something, but is interrupted.

"... What's this ruckus, outside of the city, interrupting a peaceful silence?" The new voice says. Tabuki turns her head, and has the time to take in a few features. A brightly smiling face. Vivid green eyes, glowing almost like searchlights to pierce the darkness. A fist clenched tightly, knuckles gone white.

"You all... you look like you're having such fun, making all this noise so early in the morning." The woman continues. "... I'm so jealous of you~"

[ ] Action?

---

I think I've made errors in Wild Magic use previously. I don't feel like hunting it down, but I'm pretty sure that I rolled d(current%mp) for something at some point. I wasn't supposed to do that. I'm not changing anything that has happened, but I'm just noting now that those rolls are always supposed to be d100, and if it comes out to be a greater % than what you have available, it just takes everything. Also, as you've noticed, extremes in either direction on the accompanying MAG roll can have varying effects.

But anyway, it looks like we're almost at autosage again. I'll have to put up a Bonus momentarily.
>> No. 148319
>>148315

Eh, thats how it gets when, at least in my country, physics are not mandatory in high school. The only physics I have is a small introductory course that I took in my first year of university. It would however be quite helpful if you simply pointed out the mistakes instead of making comments like this.
>> No. 148320
Excellent!

single life Barrier-chan is awesome outcome!
>> No. 148322
Barrier-chan is an awesome barrier.

[x] Stop the duel with Lily. Ask what the newcomer wants by interrupting you.
[x] "If you want to have fun too, there are some fairies right over there who would gladly entertain you." Point her towards Lily's recently acquired territory.
>> No. 148323
>>148319

Kahi did a good job of pointing out the flaws in using gravity to affect something composed of energy(therby having a negligible amount of mass) such as danmaku.

Think about holding a torch, does the fire fall off and land on your hand?

Black holes can effect energy(absorb light, suns, ect...) because their gravity is so intense that even photons(the physical component of light), which have a negligible amount of mass, are still affected by the gravitational pull.

Tabby's gravity powers are a far cry away from being able to affect energy directly, at least by scientific standards(dunno how it works in Gensokyo, magic and all that stuff)

Also, using gravity to make her spin or whatnot won't work because she's using magic(a form of energy if you will) to counteract gravity already, so as much energy you use to increase her gravitational pull twords earth(Gensokyo) the more magic she would use to negate it. Just like she did in the recent update.

I guess I should have said this earlier instead of getting all passive aggressive about it.

All this is coming from a college 103 physics course, so take it with a grain of salt
>> No. 148324
>>148317
>>You are contradicting yourself bruh.

>>[x]Also try focusing the multistrike on one spot, then using a burst of gravity to force HER into it.

Context bruh. Do you understand it? That question was rhetorical, as it's clear that you don't.
>> No. 148326
>>148323
Thank you, you learn something new every day.
>> No. 148327
I think we should twist Parsee butting in to our advantage.
>> No. 148328
Hahaha, awesome. She wants fun? We'll give her fun!

[x] Switch targets to Parsee without a word, cast Multiple Flame Strike as fast as possible, and refuel Barrier if necessary.

I love how freakishly powerful all the Leaders are.
>> No. 148329
File 131983151976.jpg - (153.90KB , 1600x1018 , Skeleton_Knight_by_maxarkes.jpg ) [iqdb]
148329
Bonus time, and Secondary bonus is still in play!

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

Rolling for the secondary random bonus... and a d4 gets you 4. Random tidbit, here we go!

...

"The hells are filled with many powerful beings. Some live there naturally, or by choice, while others are forcibly contained. Most of those within deserve to be there. Some do not, having been placed there through coincidence, accident, or treachery. There is supposedly a long-dead knight, animating its own bleached bones, physically chained to a place some distance into the fire chambers of the Old Hell. It is unknown what crime it committed, if any."
>> No. 148330
...there are now "Two" Tabuki's. Why do I see Emerald being very happy with this outcome?
>> No. 148331
Hrm, I would be in favor of simply running away. If that isn’t an option teaming up with lily to take down Parsee seems to be a good idea.

Oh and from our scouting report:
["Leader"] Parsee Mizuhashi. HP: ???, Damage Estimation: ???

[X] Retreat
[X] If retreat is not an option, try to team up with lily and engage Parsee
>> No. 148333
File 131983211946.jpg - (551.03KB , 893x1218 , 21391547.jpg ) [iqdb]
148333
[x] Background Information on Daiyousei.

I am impatient.
>> No. 148334
[X] Advanced Scouting FC/OH 2

I want to know the stats of that Kristoph fellow.
>> No. 148336
A-[X] What would have happened had Deady gotten hold of that chest key?

or

A-[X] What would have happened had Tabuki got it in her head to try and turn one of her Zombie!Fairies into a 'Lich!Fairy' (with all that goes along with that)?
>> No. 148337
[x] Switch targets to Parsee without a word, cast Multiple Flame Strike as fast as possible, and refuel Barrier if necessary.
>> No. 148338
>>148334

'Area' X. Not 'Territory' X. You get a map from it, not a detailed listing of occupants and stats. You'd be wanting background information, if all you're interested in is Kristoph, and I make no promises about giving you the exact and specific mechanical details like HP and how much damage he can dish out.
>> No. 148339
>>Why do I see Emerald being very happy with this outcome?

Because, like Friar Tuck, we are all imagining the threesome to soon follow?
>> No. 148340
>>148338
Noted

>>148334
Changing vote to:
[x] Background Information (Parsee)
>> No. 148341
>>148316
Ah, I did misread something then. Such are the perils of posting at 2:45 AM.

Anyways!

Things that have been learned:
-The gravity power could potentially be made to work on magical projectiles, but it's going to need considerably more refinement and practice before it can do so. Perhaps some magical boosting as well.
-Despite earlier worries, Lily's still taking it easy on Tabby, though the doubled shot power might have been troublesome for someone who didn't have an effective 85% evasion rate.
-Once she's learned some actual magic theory, Tabby should learn how to properly cast that shield spell, though I fear that a normal one won't have that exuberantly masochistic personality.
-Parsee is not a morning person.

As for what to do next...

Bugger, all I can think of right now is Do the Right Thing's Parsee. Eh, I'll toss something up and swap if something better comes along.

[x]Ask if she wants to play the winner, and offer to take her along when you head back to Yuugi's for a couple rounds of ale after. Failing that, offer to relocate, so as not to further disturb her.


Bonus... Hmm... While I'm tempted to ask how else the infiltration could have gone differently, there are more pressing matters at the moment. Seeing as asking for more detail on the books in Satori's library isn't an option...

[X] Background info on Parsee. Getting into her head could prove to be beneficial to Tabby's health in the immediate future.
>> No. 148342
>>Ah, I did misread something then. Such are the perils of posting at 2:45 AM.

It happens. No big deal. Anyways...

>>Getting into her head could prove to be beneficial to Tabby's health in the immediate future.

I think we've already "Jumped" without looking here. >>148328 and >>148337 have already set us up to attack Parsee here, drawing her into the fight.
>> No. 148343
[X] Background info on Parsee.
>> No. 148344
[x] Background Information - Satori

Hmm, I'm not sure who to pick, honestly. This sweet bonus can be used to find weakness in our enemies, or to increase our influence with out allies. I'd gladly increase Tabuki's influence with Satori and her pets, but there is also Yuugi, Parsee, Mima, and the other Leaders.

Since I believe the greates utility for this bonus is regarding influence, I will pick someone closer. Mima, for example, it would be nice to know what magic she teaches. But then there is already Marisa for that, so I will pick Satori, because I'm biased and want to be on good terms with her (whose palce is Tabuki freeloading in? That's right, Satori's palace!)
>> No. 148345
>>148342
Nah, Kahi will start a new thread and everyone else will vote. I predict we'll end up talking to her.

Tabby doesn't know the background information in-character, so making use of it doesn't make much sense.
>> No. 148347
>>148345
Uhm, all of the threads have started with "previous thread votes". If you want to avoid that, start voting like a motherfucker. Otherwise, like I said, the next thread is going to start off with us attacking Parsee, just as this thread started off with the previous thread votes for trying to blatantly walk out with loot.
>> No. 148348
[x] Stop the duel with Lily. Ask what the newcomer wants by interrupting you.
[X] Repair Barrier-chan
>> No. 148350
It'd be rather out of character for Tabby to go around blindly attacking people.

That's Lily's job, dagnabbit.
>> No. 148354
Uh, guys, Barrier-chan has not received enough damage to have need for repairs. Repairing her can cost any amount of magic, and it probably will be high, like every other case of Wild Magic has been until now.

[x] Backgrounf information - Koishi

Because we haven't seen her yet, and unlocking her needs a social action, so this could be pretty useful before unlocking her to raise our influence with her.

Internet has been buggy, if there are multiple posts, ignore them.
>> No. 148355
[x] Switch targets to Parsee without a word, cast Multiple Flame Strike as fast as possible, and refuel Barrier if necessary.
>> No. 148356
>>148355
Why?
>> No. 148357
>>148356
She's jealous. Of danmaku. The why should be obvious.
>> No. 148358
>>148356
Because we're getting into a fight, the only question is just regarding who swings first, and the way Parsee is acting makes me think that giving her time to take the initiative here is flat out a Bad Idea. Therefore, Strike First, Strike Hard, and Don't Stop Until The Music Makes You Drop.
>> No. 148359
>>Don't Stop Until The Music Makes You Drop

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i46N2ZFPb0
>> No. 148360
As previously said, if anyone here is going to start spewing danmaku unprovoked, it'll be Lily. It's her job. Do you really want to take that from her, in these tough economic times?
>> No. 148361
>>148360
Yes, I do. Tabby and Lily can be Unprovoked Danmaku Spewing Buddies. Friends forever~
>> No. 148362
>>148361

But in such case, it's better to let Lily attract Parsee's ire first, so she becomes the one worried with dodging hell.

Of course, the better option is to have Parsee join the game against Lily. Well, as long as she doesn't clone herself and take on both at the same time...
>> No. 148363
>>148362
I'd rather team up with Lily (I like this Lily). With Tabby's high defense, she's the best tank (read: distraction) we've got. We can run away easily with 8 Agility, Barrier, and Miera covering our back, if it comes to that.
>> No. 148365
I feel that I should note that if Tabby ever wants to use Parsee's bridge, she'll have to be at least somewhat civil to her. Even if it's only letting Lily take the initiative here.
>> No. 148366
>>148365

Either that or beat the crap out of her, stuff a ball gag in her mouth and tie her to the bottom of her bridge.
>> No. 148367
I really want to know what would have happened, way back when, if we had chosen not to lead the fairy army. But, since that would be completely irrelevant for the last five or so months, I won't vote on that. Instead,

[X] Background Info: Parsee
>> No. 148368
>>148367
Kahi mentioned stuff we could do way back then.

>
Oh geeze. Now I'm going to have to dig out all the potential 'quests' and whatnot that are open to you just right now. Hint: there's lots. Magical tutor, the war: BUILD ME AN ARMY WORTHY OF MORDOR, possibly vengeance on the lady who strangled your 'mommy' to death, uh... that's just off the top of my head. Oh, right, creating a financial trade empire, getting involved in that festival somehow, the whole fusion thing opens up options later on... and, yeah, there's more stuff too, so it's not like Tabby has absolutely nothing to do. Also, there's always the option of writing something in, forcing me to make stuff up on the spot, and see where that leads.

So, yeah. Lots of stuff to do. This war is really, really fun though, I don't regret it.
>> No. 148369
>>148355
While this can backfire horribly I think lily will find it hilarious.
>> No. 148370
File 131987606118.png - (98.58KB , 500x391 , Ladies.png ) [iqdb]
148370
Embarassment practically oozed off of Tabuki under Emerald's harsh glare.

"I'm sorry," Tabuki said in the most pitiful voice possible.

"Ladies~" a deep baritone voice was heard from the far corner of the room, seemingly trying, and most assuredly failing to catch the attention of the rooms occupants.

"I-I," Tabuki began to explain, only to be cut off by Emerald.

"Tabby, I understand why you did it. I may even agree with you. But Tabby, there's one thing I want to know here."

"...yes?"

"Did you really have to bind a talking spirit to my favorite dildo?"
>> No. 148375
[x] Stop the duel with Lily. Ask what the newcomer wants by interrupting you.
[x] Invite her to play with you. The game is "Beat the invding Fairy from the surface until she respawns far, far away". She should be able to solve this.

Now you guys, don't go attacking people without reason like that. Let's not give Parsee more incentive to opposed Tabby. Remember, we will take over that bridge soon, and if Parsee dislikes Tabby too much, she can just hire someone to remove her territory from the war, forever.

>8. It may be that a territory granting resources is technically 'owned' by someone, say, an orchard near a barn. The 'owner' of these territories may become irritable and take offense should production be raised too high on these territories, and while they may not be able to personally do anything about it, they may become willing to speak with someone who can. Should this occur, a special battle will take place, which, if lost, will completely remove all fairies who participated in it from the war entirely, and remove any ability to later gain resources from this territory for the duration of the war. In such cases, it may be wiser to either personally limit the resource harvesting, or to speak with the 'owner' in person, in an effort to come to some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement for as long as you hold their territory.
>> No. 148380
>>148375
Parsee's bridge does not generate resources. I'm guessing, here, but I don't see any reason why it would.
>> No. 148381
>>148380

Who knows? Maybe we could charge a fee for anyone passing throught? Of course, there is the question of who would be using that bridge, but still...

Besides, the place has a neutral owner who might easily be pissed, even if it has any resource or not.
>> No. 148383
I imagine she'd just, you know, slaughter every fairy that came by if you pissed her off enough, which would result in her territory being permanently neutral.

It should be noted that Tabby doesn't necessarily know who this green-eyed person actually is. I rather doubt Meira or Lily would have much cause to know either.

Also changing my action vote at >>148341 to:
[x] Stop the duel with Lily. Ask what the newcomer wants by interrupting you.
Bit of extra insurance against the unprovoked assault crowd, rather not steal Lily's thing.
>> No. 148385
That Bridge is one of your ways out of the underground by the way -- don't burn the bridge so to speak.
>> No. 148386
>>148385
Fuck her bridge. We're fording that shit. Fairies can fly, it'll be fine.
>> No. 148387
>>Fairies can fly, it'll be fine.

Fairies can fly, but Tabuki cannot yet fly at this time.
>> No. 148388
File 131992551945.jpg - (429.46KB , 640x800 , 16265222.jpg ) [iqdb]
148388
>>148387
Right, they'll carry her. She can make herself lighter, too. Sneaking past Parsee and her gigantic elf ears isn't impossible.

But hey, I'm down with talking. That might mean a Cha roll, and Cha rolls are always fun.
>> No. 148389
Pretty sure you can only capture adjacent territories
>> No. 148390
>>148388

Lucky for us, Parsee might be the only person whos charisma is also 1.
>> No. 148391
File 131992703046.jpg - (48.65KB , 550x710 , 1318906934733.jpg ) [iqdb]
148391
Parsee Mizuhashi

The Bridge Princess of the most direct and easily traveled path to the underworld from the surface. Initially placed as a Guardian, for the safety of travelers, she eventually became jealous of their comings and goings, and began at first to slacken her vigilance in defense of those who seemed to be enjoying the travel, and later to actively hinder the progress of all travelers in both directions, turning them back towards the surface or underground city. In this fashion she has reversed her purpose, in becoming not the guard to aid travelers, but eagerly becoming the troll beneath the bridge, which must be overcome or bargained with for the hero to advance.

She is not a native to the country, having come from elsewhere through unusual events. She married a man, but was unaware that he proposed less for the love of her, and more to spite the family he did not care for, as they insisted regularly on a profitable arrangement with an allied family, involving his unison with a person he loathed greatly. She was also unaware of his many kept mistresses, which he would not have been allowed to continue association with in the case of his family's preferred marriage, and jealousy grew towards them as her husband spent his nights away from their bed.

Her first action as a Youkai was to slaughter her husband and his mistresses in a display of furious violence, and thence to disappear. It is unknown what she may have done in the time between this and appearing to take her place at the Underground Bridge.

Her bridge is quite wide, and constructed at the narrowest point of the tunnel to and from the city, there are only a few feet of distance between it and the stone walls of the passage. As such, it is all but impossible for a traveler attempting to take this path to avoid some manner of confrontation with her. Traveling below it through flight might avoid this, but it is in no way guaranteed and would open up the traveler to assault from the underground river of evil spirits, flowing through the stone to and from the hells.

Tabuki has crossed her bridge once, while she was unconscious. She did not stop her, however, as she was in the care of someone sent to collect an unexpected crop of mushrooms growing wild from some distance beyond the bridge, and Parsee did not note her presence in the basket. In repayment for allowing this collector's passage, she received a cask of the sort of ale the mushrooms would be used to brew. Tabuki was delivered shortly after this to Satori's estate, under the reasoning that she would know best what to do about this sort of thing.

Parsee enjoys alcohol, particularly more expensive kinds, peaceful solitude, and cathartic bouts of violence. She dislikes unexpected noise, hang-overs, and being pushed into social situations unprepared. She loathes dishonesty, both in being directly lied to and in the truth being only half-told, or entirely unspoken. If deliberately misled, she will harbor a grudge over it. She gets along reasonably well with Oni, in the sense that they annoy her significantly less than others. In contrast, she particularly dislikes most humans. When required, she can create a duplicate of herself, which does not have near all of her endurance, but strikes every bit as painfully as she does, until it disperses.
>> No. 148392
>>148390
Haha, yeah. They'll get along famously.

>unexpected noise
Scheduled noise is fine?
>alcohol
Fuck no, we are not giving her our precious alcohol. We need it to bribe Leaders.
>lies
Tabby couldn't tell a decent lie if her life depended on it.
>the underground river of evil spirits
Cool!
>flowing through the stone to and from the hells
>to and from
How does this work? Do they stay on the left side of the river, or the right side?
>> No. 148395
>>148389

I suggest you take another look at the Underground Area Map.

>>148392
>Fuck no, we are not giving her our precious alcohol. We need it to bribe Leaders.
>Scouting report
>["Leader"] Parsee Mizuhashi. HP: ???, Damage Estimation: ???

Stop contradicting yourself.
>> No. 148396
[x] Switch targets to Parsee without a word, cast Multiple Flame Strike as fast as possible, and refuel Barrier if necessary.

Because >>148358 convinced me to.
>> No. 148397
>>148395
I was responding to the person who wanted to bypass the bridge and take the area on the other side.

>>141216 states pretty clearly that Tabby would need to take the bridge first if she wants to capture any of the areas beyond it.
>> No. 148398
File 131993751475.jpg - (7.09KB , 160x192 , 2.jpg ) [iqdb]
148398
Fuck, tie between "Stop the duel" and "Switch targets". Let's see what that random number generator gives. Ahh, isn't that interesting.

[x] Switch targets to Parsee without a word, cast Multiple Flame Strike as fast as possible, and refuel Barrier if necessary.
>> No. 148399
>>148397
Capturing all the territory between our current location and Marisa's house would take forever. If we can do it at all... it'll be much faster to head there directly. We need training far more urgently than we need territory.

Ideally, we'd be able to buy safe passage from Lily. That's one reason why I want her on our side.
>> No. 148400
File 131993912926.png - (4.08KB , 200x228 , wut.png ) [iqdb]
148400
>>148398
Yeah, well... holy fuck.
>> No. 148403
>>148400
It's fate! Don't fight it!
>> No. 148404
>>148400

Wait, so we're taking on two Leader level opponents at the same time?

On the bright side: Yuggi points right there.

On the dark side: We're taking one two Leader level opponents at the same time. I just hope Lily switches targets as well.
>> No. 148405
>>148404

Even if Lily doesn't switch targets, it's still 3 VS 2 in tabby's favor now that she has barrier-chan.
>> No. 148406
>>148404
Barrier welcomes the pain!
>> No. 148408
>>148405
Soon to be 3v3 when Parsee summons her double.
>> No. 148411
>>148408

Soon to be 4 VS 3 when Tabby summons HER doub...wait a sec, Tabby can't do that.

OH well, guess we gotta trust in the heart of the cards dice and hope none of the swordswoman,dolls, or barriers on our side die.
>> No. 148412
If we can refuel Barrier while dodging (would this take a Magic/Agility roll?) and refueling Barrier doesn't count as Wild Magic, we should be able to survive for a long time. Which is exactly why we probably won't be able to.

I really think Lily will help us fight Parsee, though. Then everyone goes to the bar and drinks their asses off. Including Parsee.
>> No. 148414
> She's pretty sure she can repair it, however, so long as it has even a little vitality left and hasn't dispersed after this is over with

This implies that repairing the barrier will take a little more study or effort than can be done during a danmaku duel. Just saying.
>> No. 148416
>>148414
There's nothing to study. Effort means experimentation. I bet Tabby could speed that process up if she needed to.

She's got about a 28% chance at making a dozen Magic rolls in a row. Just tossing that out there.
>> No. 148419
>>148398

You're picking bad votes on purpose and using the RNG as an excuse, aren't you?
>> No. 148421
>>148419
Why would he need an excuse to pick a vote you don't like? Fuck off.
>> No. 148423
>>148421

He may not need, but is definetly doing so, retard.
>> No. 148425
It should be pointed out, again, that Lily's just playing around and is using low-powered shots. Remember the Cirno/Dai fight, where they one shot half of the other's army in one attack? Who were probably all Elite/Master level and probably had a good 30~60 HP each? If she's up against a leader-level enemy who isn't just playing around that barrier's going to drop fast. Time spent fixing it is time not attacking, and you can't fix it if it goes down in one round.
>> No. 148427
>>148425
>goes down in one round
Barrier more than doubles Tabby's effective hp. If it gets one-shot, we should be running like hell, not attacking.

We should definitely order Barrier to stop defending if it's likely to die. More than doubles hp, cannot be duplicated. We do not want to lose this.
>> No. 148429
Unfortunately, given that it is a magical construct created for the sole purpose of defending Tabby asking it to stop doing so is likely to be akin to politely asking a wheel to stop being round.
>> No. 148437
>>148425

Everyone knows AoE attacks are super effective on things without names. Tabby wouldn't have taken any damage from that attack.
>> No. 148444
>>148437
If Daiyousei had a name she would have made her saving throw.
>> No. 148447
>>148419
Nah, I really did let the RNG choose for me, but I will admit that it pissing you off makes me smile now, as in this post you come across as an unlikable dick. Just saying.
>> No. 148467
>>148429
Hmm. Maybe if we told it to defend someone else? It knows attacks... how much else does it know? Does it use normal senses? Could we tell it to defend someone far away, and use that to relay a message set up in advance(like OH GOD HELP)?
>> No. 148506
>in the reference spreadsheet
>Meira's influence: 50
Neutral? After all this time? Odd, we're sporting positive reps with most people (even people we barely interacted with, like Tuck) despite 1 Cha.

We could do the small person carried in a backpack cliche. If Tabby ever wanted to escape notice from fairies, for whatever reason.

Or Meira could deliver the letter alone, if we can trust her. Tabby never said she had to be the one to deliver it, as far as I can remember.
>> No. 148520
Haven't had much direct interaction with Meira aside from sending her to gut stuff. Checking the blacksmith to see what it would take to repair her sword will probably be a boost, and actually fixing it would likely provide another one. Once on the surface, hunting down that old swordsman and his granddaughter... might help, might not, but he could be willing to retrain her back up to her old skill level.
>> No. 151807
New thread: >>148537

Just in case anybody else gets stuck here for months.