[Return]
Archived thread

File 130982098462.jpg - (437.72KB , 507x799 , 9a34c3c430b8a18d88432007d45eb2525eb30778.jpg ) [iqdb]
143399 No. 143399
"Alright... thank you for your assistance. And I suppose this is where we part ways, then." Tabuki said idly, as they entered the nexus of the tunnels, two leading up, one to the city, one destroyed and one leading down into the darkness.

"Hah, no problem. I was... glad to help..."

Cirno paused and frowned, brow crinkling.

"Hey. Hey, wait. You're not getting off that easily, this was all your fault to begin with, if you hadn't freaked out on me we wouldn't have ended up down there in the first place." She said. "Don't think I'll let you just send me away like you're the strong one in this, either. You've got to be the most annoying leader in the game."

"... If it's a bribe you're still after, I don't owe you anything." Tabuki shot back. "If you could have made your intent clear from the start, I wouldn't have felt pressured enough to actually try dropping the roof on you."

"That's just how it works, okay?" Cirno grumbled. "Geeze, it's not like I'd mind it being that simple...."

Meira scratched dryly at her face, flaking away a bit of dried blood.

"... Whatever." Tabuki grumbled. "I'd be happier if you would just go away, but little chance of that, I guess. And I suppose I'm a little grateful you dealt with that last thing... fighting it normally would have been bothersome, and I have little in reserve left to waste."

Cirno smirked widely, and Tabuki let out a small 'tch'.

"If I buy you a drink, will you go back to... wherever you live, and not bother me again?" Tabuki asked seriously.

"You're catching on!" Cirno declared. "Well, for a while, anyway. It's not like you have much of a choice, do you?"

Tabuki scowled.

".... I don't like you much." She decided, turning and stalking back down the tunnels.

"Yeah, and here I thought we were going to be best of friends." Cirno sniped back. "You two keep an eye on things here for me, alright? The necrophile's going to be buying me a drink, I'll be back soon."

"Necromancer." Tabuki ground out.

"Yeah, sure, whichever." Cirno said flippantly, not seeming to really care.

---

"... You look like shit." Was Yuugi's immediate summation. "Or... well, blue looks okay, and your green friend is just a bit dusty. The rest of you look terrible, though."

"Thank you Yuugi I would never have noticed." Tabuki growled, having been forced to endure near-constant needling from Cirno the entire way. Then she paused and sighed. "It's... sorry. It's been a long day."

"Yeah, I'll bet. You know where the pump is, might as well get the dirt and dried blood off before the customers start getting agitated." Yuugi paused to take a deep whiff from Meira's direction. "... You found something interesting, didn't you. Been a while since a human got down here, and they didn't stay long. Time before that... he got eaten in a back alley somewhere, I think." The oni mused.

"Duly noted." Meira responded dryly. "At the moment, however, it's been quite some time since I've drunk anything other than the blood water of that which I hunted and was hunted by...."

"Yeah, just a suggestion, is all. You might not want to wander around on your own. She knows where the pump is, go on." Yuugi said with a wave.

Meira spent some time in Yuugi's quarters simply guzzling greedily at the fresh water before she began to splash at her face, slowly softening and rubbing away the blood with a dampened rag. Tabuki took note of the face beneath, now that the crusty shell of blood was wiped away. Androgynous was the word, really. It wouldn't be at all simple to tell Meira's true gender if her chest-wrap hadn't long since been worn away to the point of uselessness. She tugged awkwardly at her robes, pulling them a bit away to stare at the ground in mess.

"... Don't worry about that just yet." Tabuki advised. "There's no real point in scrubbing down if you're only going to have to put those back on before they've been tended to."

"I suppose-" Meira began, before there was a thump as one of the Oni collapsed through a door to the back and lay still, breathing heavily. ".... suppose that's reasonable." She finished, completely unpeturbed.

"Normally, I'd be worried for her, but it's been a long day. I guess leave the bucket next to her or something. Or not, she can probably still crawl." Tabuki decided dully, as they headed back into the public area.

"- And then she ripped the roof down on our heads!" Cirno finished, seeming to have no concept of volume control.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time!" Tabuki snapped back, rubbing at her temple as Yuugi howled with mirth.

"Really? Really? I gotta hear the rest of what you've been up to, now. Ale's on the house for it."

Cirno cheered, and Tabuki sighed as the fairy set in to delightedly regale Yuugi with the story, only stepping into correct her when she went a little too far lauding herself or casually vilifying or demonizing Tabby. Aside from that, she mainly shifted most of her weight over Emerald, allowing the fairy to support her as she nursed her glowing drink, listening to Cirno ramble about some lady and maid and....

....

... She drifted back into consciousness with Satori's eye floating less than an arm length from her face.

"You're awake. And I understand I have you to thank for the little upheaval earlier today." Satori said disapprovingly, as her eye floated back closer to her body. "... You are fortunate there was nothing anyone particularly cared for on that particular patch of the surface, or the sudden pit might have been enough for you to have made an Incident of yourself, which someone would have felt compelled to resolve. And having only just been born, at that."

Tabuki groaned softly.

"You seem to have brought back a pet, too." Satori continued dryly. ".... Hm, or perhaps not quite. Your spouse's mind wasn't entirely clear, through the fog of alcohol. Neither was the human's, for that matter. Nevertheless, I made arrangements for her to bathe and replacement clothes while hers were... dealt with." She finished, crinkling her nose slightly. "I should remind you, however, that my charity is not limitless, and larger beings require significantly more resources to keep. In any case, the ice fairy saw you here, though her intent seemed less to assure herself you'd made it safely and more to get in as much backbiting as possible. She left immediately. She seemed vaguely uneasy about ' weird things in the dark coming up', though I wasn't able to aquire any firmer details..."

"Cave-squid." Tabuki rasped. "We ran into a big one. Bigger than a bear, Emerald said." It wasn't like she could compare the two herself, having never run into one.

Satori's eyebrows rose anyway.

"Hm... well, if that's the case, and you exterminated it, then at least some good came of your misadventure." She remarked. "In any case, it wasn't quite clear from just her muttering or from her thoughts, but pieced together I believe her intent was to create a golem before returning to the surface. Quite unusual, I hadn't been aware that fairies were capable of even simple magics of that sort."

Tabuki decided she would ask more later, as the world was beginning to go fuzzy around the edges again from exhaustion.

---

War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
27 silvers

Scouting report Update:

Tunnels III-3

Winter Knight(avg) x1- HP: 30, damage estimation: 6-7.
-Equip: [Ice Plate] + 20 hp [50]
-Equip: [Ice Shield] +10 hp [60]
-Equip: [Frost Brand] +3 damage [9-10]
Witch (avg) x1- HP: 15, damage estimation: 8-14
-Equip: [Icicle Staff] +5 damage [13-19]
Ice Golem- HP: 200, damage estimation: 21-40.
-Golem unit: Powerful, but does not heal between battles.


[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [ ] Come to think of it, what was that thing she dumped in the hellfires, and why?
-- [ ] Report what you've learned.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
-- [ ] Meira
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Discuss 'Oni Brawling'.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
(From here down, if chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.)
- [ ] Beryl "Feary"
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] 'MMM'
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit the Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit the Clothes Shop.
[ ] Visit the Metalworker's.

>> No. 143401
>[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

What note?
>> No. 143402
That'd be this.

>(From here down, if chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.)
>> No. 143403
The book list can be found in the first post of thread 2, or >>141435

[X] Today's War Plans
- [X] Find Emerald.
-- [X] Fuck Emerald silly.
-- [X] Tell her you love her, that you were terrified that Cirno was going to kill you and leave Emerald all alone again, and that you'd like to make love to her again.
- [X] Get food.
- [X] Find Meira, talk with her a bit, work out some basic plans for the day.
- [X] Make plans to seal off the tunnels to Cirno's territories.
- [X] Find Orin
-- [X] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [X} Ask Orin about what she dumped in the fires a while back, but if she doesn't want to talk about it, don't push the subject.
>> No. 143404
[x] Visit the Metalworker's.
Will post the other thing in a while.
>> No. 143405
[x] Toy Shop

We need those uniforms. And maybe we can buy something for Emerald too.

>Though, pretty soon, we're going to be getting to the point where it's more feasible to divide them up into groups, 'squad A, B', etc, and just move those around, instead of listing everyone individually in votes.

I remember this.

[x] Assemble "Working Fairies" - Beryl, DMF, MMH, J, L.
[x] Assemble "The Royal Maids" - MMM, E, G, I and DMK

[x] Today's war plans:
-[x] Station Working Fairies at Yuugi's Bar.
-[x] Station The Royal Maids at the Palace.
-[x] Station MM F, K, N, O and DM G, H, I, J, L, M at the remaining territories, each stationed at where they already are stationed.
--[x] Invade Hell's Ancient Gate/Fire Chambers Entry.
--[x] Emerald, all 3 undead fairies and both FFs, MMA, B, C, D, DMA, C, D.

We need to get moving towards Nitori. Much time has been wasted, and we have a sizeable army to force our way throught until her. We desesperatly need money to improve our troops.
>> No. 143419
[X] Today's War Plans
- [X] Find Emerald.
-- [X] Fuck Emerald silly.
-- [X] Tell her you love her, that you were terrified that Cirno was going to kill you and leave Emerald all alone again, and that you'd like to make love to her again.
- [X] Get food.
- [X] Find Meira, talk with her a bit, work out some basic plans for the day.
- [X] Make plans to seal off the tunnels to Cirno's territories.
- [X] Find Orin
-- [X] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [X} Ask Orin about what she dumped in the fires a while back, but if she doesn't want to talk about it, don't push the subject.

Dont care if its not a serious vote, I'm going for this shit.
>> No. 143422
>>143419
At the very least, we can all agree that Tabuki needs to fuck Emerald silly here. Everything else is just details.
>> No. 143423
[X] Today's War Plans
- [X] Find Emerald.
-- [X] Fuck Emerald silly.
-- [X] Tell her you love her, that you were terrified that Cirno was going to kill you and leave Emerald all alone again, and that you'd like to make love to her again.
- [X] Get food.
- [X] Find Meira, talk with her a bit, work out some basic plans for the day.
- [X] Make plans to seal off the tunnels to Cirno's territories.
- [X] Find Orin
-- [X] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [X} Ask Orin about what she dumped in the fires a while back, but if she doesn't want to talk about it, don't push the subject.

So true...
>> No. 143432
[x] Assemble "Working Fairies" - Beryl, DMF, MMH, J, L.
[x] Assemble "The Royal Maids" - MMM, E, G, I and DMK

[x] Today's war plans:
-[x] Station Working Fairies at Yuugi's Bar.
-[x] Station The Royal Maids at the Palace.
-[x] Station MM F, K, N, O and DM G, H, I, J, L, M at the remaining territories, each stationed at where they already are stationed.
--[x] Invade Hell's Ancient Gate/Fire Chambers Entry.
--[x] Emerald, all 3 undead fairies and both FFs, MMA, B, C, D, DMA, C, D.
>> No. 143438
>>143437

Oops, that's right.

>>143405

Adding this to my original vote.

[x] Send Meira together with Emerald.
[x] Undeads vs Undeads. Ranges units focus on the Spirits. The rest face the normal fairies.
>> No. 143445
[x] Toy shop

[x] Assemble "Working Fairies" - Beryl, DMF, MMH, J, L.
[x] Assemble "The Royal Maids" - MMM, E, G, I and DMK

[x] Today's war plans:
-[x] Station Working Fairies at Yuugi's Bar.
-[x] Station The Royal Maids at the Palace.
-[x] Station MM F, K, N, O and DM G, H, I, J, L, M at the remaining territories, each stationed at where they already are stationed.
--[x] Invade Hell's Ancient Gate/Fire Chambers Entry.
---[x] Emerald, Meira, all 3 undead fairies and both FFs, MMA, B, C, D, DMA, C, D.
---[x] Undeads vs Undeads. Ranged units focus on the Spirits. The rest face the normal fairies. Zombie Fairies are forbidden from attacking [Unknown]

[idort]I like both tatics[/idort]

I have my doubts about going to the Toy shop. Yeah, Yuugi did say there should be something suitable there for them to wear, but then what would be the point of the clothes shop? Leather Armor? Silk Gloves with +10 def?

Well, only one way to discover.
>> No. 143446
Kahi, if someone changes classes, they lose all their xp, including rank? Like, go back to a conscript?
>> No. 143447
Kahi, will Satori get pissed if we no Fairies work at her place for a few turns?
>> No. 143448
Do we recover mana and health from having sex with Emerald? Because, you know, we should.
>> No. 143451
>If Yuugi is to teach brawling to MM they need to be on Bar duty.

This may or may not be true, but I note you haven't opened a dialogue about.... Oh, wait, no, you did. I should have updated that. -_-

[ ] Brawl Training (select up to 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
-[ ] If Emerald, stats increase: +5 base hp, base damage = 2d4+2, no reset of rank.
-[ ] Else: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.

^This is what '-[ ] Discuss Oni Brawling' should have changed to, if I wasn't half asleep when copypasting the options thing over. But anyway, no, they can't be both in training and bartending at the same time. For one, customers don't really like their serving girls to look half-dead and covered in bruises.

>if someone changes classes, they lose all their xp, including rank? Like, go back to a conscript?

This is what happens for troops, yes. For generals, not quite so much, they can take teachings and add it to their own knowledge, rather than going on a whole different life path or whatnot, so long as it's reasonably compatible with them. See the emerald qualification above.

>will Satori get pissed if we no Fairies work at her place for a few turns?

Not really. I mean, she's doing the whole employment thing as a favor at this point, more or less, your troops really aren't spectacular maidservants. You'd be passing by income, but that's your call. Palace is the one place where you can un-station everyone and not lose it, for now. I'm going to say it's because Tabby spends majority of her time there, so she technically counts.

>Do we recover mana and health from having sex with Emerald? Because, you know, we should.

No.
>> No. 143453
>>143451
Trained unites are still considered conscripts and will return to their area if its left abandoned for a time?
Can you post the upgraded fairy exp chart? We, obviously, are going to go with no exp MMs for the change, but it's going to be a big enough pain in the ass to change them for the ones who are currently guarding areas already without having to guess which fairies have exp.
>> No. 143454
Yes, they'll ditch your army and hang out in their old haunts if you abandon them, same as they'll switch sides if they get conquered.

Emerald: 17
Meira:10
MM A5 B5 C6 D7 E2 F- G2 H1 I- J1 K- L- M- N- O-
DM A5 B1 C4 D7 E1 F2 G- H- I- J- K- L- M-
FF A4 B4
ZF A14 B12 C10

Soldiers
Danmaku Mooks base 10, 1d2

A-
B- necrophobe, Beryl/Feary
C-
D-
E-(SEC)
F-(NEC)
G-(VIII)
H-(FCP)
I-(SWC)
J-(TIII2)
K-(ONIBAR)
L-(T III-1)
M-(IX)

Melee Mooks base 10, 1d2

A-
B-
C-
D-
E-(SEC)
F-(NWC)
G-(NEC)
H-(VIII)
I-(FNEC)
J-(FCP)
K-(SWC)
L-(TIII2)
M- necrophobe(ONIBAR)
N-(T III-1)
O-(IX)

Fire Flingers base 10, 1d3+2

A-(NWC)
B-(FNEC)

Zombie Fairies Base 15, 1d2+2
A- Deady
B- Dead2
C- Newdead

Unless I missed something, this is how xp stands, and where all your units are affiliated. Have a breakdown of rank-up lines, too. As you know them, anyway.

Conscript: 0-4 xp HP base x 1.0
Average: 5-14 xp HP 1.5
Veteran: 15-??? xp HP 2.0

Elite: ???-???
Master: ???-???

Otherwise unknown.
>> No. 143457
>Yes, they'll ditch your army and hang out in their old haunts if you abandon them, same as they'll switch sides if they get conquered.
That's... surprising. Do fairies have any loyalty at all?

Stats:

Soliders Without exp:

MM: (7) F I K L M N O

DM (7) : G H I J K L M

Soliders: With EXP:

MM: (8) A5 B5 C6 D7 E2 G2 H1 J1

DM: (6) A5 B1 C4 D7 E1 F2

FF (2) A4 B4

ZF (3) A14 B12 C10

Emerald

Meira


Total soliders: 33 +2 Generals +1 Leader

Territoies to cover (11): SEC NEC NWC SWC FCP FNEC ONIBAR VIII IX T III-1 TIII-2

Mansion Spots: (5)
Bar spots: (5)
Training spots: (4)

Total: (25)
>> No. 143459
>>143444

Actually, maybe you should reconsider your teams? >>143405's Working Fairies seems to have profit as it's objective. These fairies are already working at the bar, and Yuuugi said she would paid more for experienced workers.

If you turn MMs into brawlers, having them working at the bar would be a waste of their new skills. Also, Kahi confirmed that trainning and working at the same time is impossible.
>> No. 143460
>>143457
>if you abandon them
>That's... surprising. Do fairies have any loyalty at all?

What about the leader's loyalty to her troops? But anyway, it shouldn't be a surprise. These territories are their home, after all.
>> No. 143461
File 130988915838.png - (934.43KB , 1948x1554 , unbeatable.png ) [iqdb]
143461
>>143459
Yes, I should. And I did. Thank you, again.

ORDERS FINAL EDITION IF I HAVE TO REDO THIS ONE MORE TIME I WILL KILL MYSELF:

[x] Talk to:
-[x] Yuugi
--[x] Sakura
--[x] The four oni
--[x] Brawling: Untrained MMs x4 Go to train with Yuugi. MMs F, I, K, L.
[x] Today's war plans:
-[x] Troop movements
--[x] Station Untrained DMs x3 in Palace DMs I, J, K.
--[x] Station low exp MMs x3, DMs x2 in Bar MMs: E2 G2 J1. DMs: F2, C4.
--[x] Station the following, untrained, units in all territories except for Oni bar (total 10): DMs (6): L, M, G, H, B1, E1, MMs (4): M, N, O, H1.
---[x] Move the Rest to attack fire chambers exit (Focusing on one target at a time, stronger to weakest, being chewed on counts as kiled. -[Unknown] should not be target by Zombie Fairies. [Unknown] should be given a chance to parley and/or surrender)

If you're wondering 'The rest' means Average MMs: A, B, C, D. Average DMs: A, D. Rookies FF: A, B and Average ZF A, B and C. Plus Emerald and Meira.
Goddamnit, we suck.
>> No. 143462
[x]>>143445

There are some good ideas in this thread, but I will be seconding this one.
>> No. 143468
[x]>>143461
i've lost track of many things but do want oni-like fairies.
>> No. 143476
I think we should also start looking into improving our mana use, as well as making some stone armour.

What are the strengths/resistances/weaknesses of stone against the likes of ice and fire, as well as vice-versa?
>> No. 143477
>>143476

Stone equipment is wild magic, so it's a big no.
>> No. 143482
File 130993277255.jpg - (348.15KB , 850x680 , sample_432e8ab80385230837878f65a702c87c52bfc2b3.jpg ) [iqdb]
143482
Could have sworn I called this a while back, since I've been rolling and all, but I guess not.

---

[X] Today's Plans
- [X] Find Emerald.
-- [X] Fuck Emerald silly.
-- [X] Tell her you love her, that you were terrified that Cirno was going to kill you and leave Emerald all alone again, and that you'd like to make love to her again.
- [X] Get food.
- [X] Find Meira, talk with her a bit, work out some basic plans for the day.
- [X] Make plans to seal off the tunnels to Cirno's territories.
- [X] Find Orin
-- [X] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [X} Ask Orin about what she dumped in the fires a while back, but if she doesn't want to talk about it, don't push the subject.


IIII

[x] Visit the Metalworker's.

I

[x] Toy Shop

III

[x] Talk to:
-[x] Yuugi
--[x] Sakura
--[x] The four oni
--[x] Brawling: Untrained MMs x4 Go to train with Yuugi. MMs F, I, K, L.

II

---

[x] Assemble "Working Fairies" - Beryl, DMF, MMH, J, L.
[x] Assemble "The Royal Maids" - MMM, E, G, I and DMK


IIII

---

[x] Today's war plans:
-[x] Station Working Fairies at Yuugi's Bar.
-[x] Station The Royal Maids at the Palace.
-[x] Station MM F, K, N, O and DM G, H, I, J, L, M at the remaining territories, each stationed at where they already are stationed.
--[x] Invade Hell's Ancient Gate/Fire Chambers Entry.
--[x] Emerald, all 3 undead fairies and both FFs, MMA, B, C, D, DMA, C, D.
[x] Send Meira together with Emerald.
[x] Undeads vs Undeads. Ranges units focus on the Spirits. The rest face the normal fairies.


III

[x] Today's war plans:
-[x] Troop movements
--[x] Station Untrained DMs x3 in Palace DMs I, J, K.
--[x] Station low exp MMs x3, DMs x2 in Bar MMs: E2 G2 J1. DMs: F2, C4.
--[x] Station the following, untrained, units in all territories except for Oni bar (total 10): DMs (6): L, M, G, H, B1, E1, MMs (4): M, N, O, H1.
---[x] Move the Rest to attack fire chambers exit (Focusing on one target at a time, stronger to weakest, being chewed on counts as kiled. -[Unknown] should not be target by Zombie Fairies. [Unknown] should be given a chance to parley and/or surrender)

II

---

Anyway, battle's been run, but writing will have to wait. I need to sleep on something. In the meantime, have a pic of roughly what Cirno's ice golems look like, gratis.
>> No. 143483
>>143482
wait we're actually going to fuck emerald?

aw shit yeah.

Also, Quick question that may be out of the topic. Will we ever get Emerald to completely love us, as in get her to 100 on the relationship scale?
>> No. 143485
>>143483
Heh, it's funny, as while I did suggest that list of choices as a semi-joke, I also listed it because in and after dangerous/stressful situations, people seek comfort from others. I.E. They fuck eachother. The fact that it would bring up Tabuki's influence with Emerald is just an added bonus.
>> No. 143495
>>143482
>what Cirno's ice golems look like

Your Cirno is quite the badass, Kahi.

>[X] Today's Plans

Eh, I'm kinda ok with this. Just wanna see how everything is gonna be done in such a short time.

I personally was saving another night with Emerald for after she trained with Yuugi, as a reward of sorts, to motivate her. But this is fine too.
>> No. 143498
>wait we're actually going to fuck emerald?

I'm not sure why this is such a huge deal. They are, in point of fact, married. It would be a bit of a stretch to say they haven't done anything at all except chastely sleep together every night since. If a day ended and Tabby wasn't about to die of exhaustion, or collapse from wounds, it's a fair bet they got up to something.

Really didn't seem worth mentioning, I thought. In any case, it's really hard to get someone all the way to 100 on influence. Not impossible, if you absolutely have to go that far, but not easy. For that matter, you have to really be trying to get a character down to 0, too.

>Simple rundown: 0=KILL YOU, 1-20=Hates you, 21-40=doesn't like you, 41-49=mildly dislikes you, 50=perfect neutrality, 51-59=likes you a little, 60-79=likes you, 80-99=Really likes you, 100=LOVES YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING, AAH.

>Both extremes might be best avoided, but it's hard to get to them. It's easier for you to lose an influence point than gain it, the further up the scale you go, and vice versa.
>> No. 143499
>>143498
Doesn't seem kind of a waste then, that the actions during day end up being the same as they are off-screen? Putting aside things like training fairies and buying equipment, all for the sake of a h-scene that you, back on the first thread, said that you wouldn't write?
>> No. 143501
>>143498

You could just make a small mention, like "Emerald was playful again this night", or something. We have no idea what's happening outside the scenes written, unless you hint on it so we can speculate.
>> No. 143504
File 130997884569.jpg - (682.42KB , 850x991 , sample_05b22e47e1ee31641dee8df1583cebdaa87692c5.jpg ) [iqdb]
143504
Tabuki woke that morning, still tired, but unable to force herself to sleep further. For some time, she lay there quietly, staring at the ceiling, lost in the memories of the previous day. Falling stone and ice, tentacles and slime... and fear. No small amount of fear. Fear for herself, fear of the beasts in the darkness, fear of the sort of might Cirno could bring to bear at what seemed to be a whim. And a small portion dedicated to fear for Emerald, and the memory of how she'd trembled.

After a long minute, she heaved herself over and shook the Fairy's shoulder gently, rousing her from her own slumber, and whipsered a quiet request into her ear. Emerald eagerly obliged the desire.

It was quite some time after that, that they finally rose from the bed proper to clean and prepare themselves for the day. Meira was waiting in the hall outside, seated patiently on the ground, back set against a stone wall as she affected not to have heard anything that had transpired in the room.

"... You cleaned up nice!" Emerald declared, though Tabuki felt that her haggard groan of "Food." was more to the point. Meira nodded and lifted them both as she made her way to the kitchens.

"Today..." Emerald mumbled. "Yeah, It's a good time to start headin into old hell, unless something else comes up. Need to talk to Orin. Guess she's long gone by now, and that's where I'll find her..."

Tabuki sat in place, nearly drifting back off until the food was set before her, and the smell revitalized her as she ate.

"Yeah. Put... um. Those and those, and... that girl there..." She said, slightly distracted over the orders as she ate. "Then take Meira, the zombies, the fire-throwers, and all the originals but Beryl and attack. Got it?"

"Yeah..." Emerald said hesitantly, tilting her head as if adding something up before shaking it off. "No problem."

"Zombies on the zombies. Ranged fighters focus on the spirits first." Tabuki instructed. "Everyone else is to focus their efforts on the normal enemies."

"Will do, Tabby! C'mon, you heard her."

Meira slowly rose, casting a longing gaze at the cooking meats and breads before she stepped after the fairy, her plate licked clean as Tabuki finished her own meal at a more sedate pace. Then, leaning back, she paused and slowly counted out her own fingers... then swore softly as she rose. Sure enough, by the time she arrived, the war room still contained one terribly lost-seeming and confused fairy, and on reflection she'd assigned an extra conscript to guard one of the tunnel passages. No matter. For now, she just had to give this fairy something to do before she found it for herself.

"You. Today, you're a bodyguard. You'll be guarding my body today." Tabuki paused awkwardly as a glint of interest caught in the fairies eyes. "Or... something like that, at least. Just be close on hand in case I have to fight something."

"Okay, boss!" The fairy chirped, following behind her as she turned and made her way out.

She wasn't looking forward to the heat of the fire chambers, especially in her condition. Still, needs must and whatnot, even though she'd rather be ripping down thousands of heavy boulders again. Come to think of that, it might be worth thinking about to close off the other tunnel to Cirno's territories. She wasn't sure how the Ice fairy would react to that, though, as while she could no doubt handle it, she would be effectively leaving her to deal with anything that might crawl its way out of the sub-tunnels on her own. It would definitely send a bad image, though. Like she was too afraid of fighting Cirno to leave the connection between their territories alone. And it wasn't like she wasn't worried about what was probably an inevitable fight happening before she was ready, either, but still... well, it was something that she would have to consider.

She broke from her thoughts as they passed by the ongoing battle, slipping around it to pass through the gates untroubled. Meira, in particular, was performing very well- every strike she made removed an opponent from combat. As she watched, the samurai cleaved one floating fairy apart... another very nearly dodged, but was still caught by the tip of her blade, and carved open from collarbone to the opposite hip.

For the briefest of moments, Tabuki's eyes and those of the fairy that had just been struck down met, and she felt the most bizarre sense of deja-vu before the other hit the ground. Then she shook it off and continued onward.

The blast of heat struck her like a wave of air from a furnace as she entered, but by now she knew where Orin spent her time, and they arrived just as she dumped something over the edge from her wheelbarrow. She paused to gasp for breath as the redhead waited patiently, fairy floating awkwardly behind her.

"... Papers." She managed to rasp, as she finally caught her breath, the heat of the area already taking its toll. "Please... show me the way to Mima's prison."

".... 's a bit late in the day for that, don'tcha think?" Orin asked dryly. "Past lunchtime already. I was about to have a little catnap. Maybe I can pick you up in the mornin', instead?"

Tabuki sighed.

"... What was that you tossed over just now?" She asked instead.

"Hm? Oh, just a corpse. Need to feed the fires, y'know. They'll go out if they don't taste flesh now an' again." Orin replied flippantly.

".... I'm fairly certain that's not how lava works."

"Science-wise? Sure, probably not." She admitted. "Magically an' spiritually, though? If the hellfires don't get fed, they will go out, and they're a big chunk of the heating stuff for pipes and everything in the underground city. This place goes cold? No more hot springs, no more hot running water, and some other stuff is just gone. And then a whole buncha people ain't at all happy, and we gotta explain t' a Yama why we fell down on the job. Never mind this hell isn't in use, takes a lot more to get this place going than t' keep it going." Orin said, perfectly serious about the whole matter.

"I... see." Tabuki said, though she didn't quite.

"Well, s'not like I'm the only one keeps the fires fed either, I'm just the best." Orin said smugly.

"... well, in any case, as I said. About the prison?"

"And like I said, it's a bit late in the day." Orin replied sharply. "If you gotta do it now, I can take you, sure, but that bit of paper'll only get you in once, and you'll have a lot less time to try an' sweet-talk that ghost into teaching ya anything. They don't let people just come in an' outta there every hour of the day, y'know, permit or not."

A drop of sweat from the chamber's heat rolled down the side of Tabuki's face.

---

[ ] Press on. Now is the time.
[ ] Back off on it. Orin's right, there's not enough time left to make an arrangement today, and it might be difficult to bring Mima to your point of view.
>> No. 143505
File 130997952011.png - (16.98KB , 338x439 , FireChambersOldHell.png ) [iqdb]
143505
Emerald
Meira
D1
D2
D3
FFA
FFB
MMA
MMB
MMC
MMD
DMA
DMC
DMD

vs

ZF1
ZF2
LS1
LS2
MM1
MM2
DM1
DM2
MM?

Emerald-x
Meira- 21 against (d5=5) MM? (-9hp, KO), 20 against (d4=4) DM2 (-10hp, Instagib)
D1-x
D2-x
D3-x
FFA- 5 damage to (d2=2) LS2 (full, 7hp)
FFB- 3 damage to (d2=1) LS1 (full, 9hp)
MMA-x
MMB-x
MMC-x
MMD-x
DMA-3 damage to (d2=2) LS2 (full, 4hp)
DMC-2 damage to (d2=1) LS1 (full, 7hp)
DMD-3 damage to (D2=1) LS1 (full, 4hp)

ZF1-x
ZF2-x
LS1- 4 damage to (d14=4) D2 (18hp)
LS2- 3 damage to (d14=7) FFB (7hp)
MM1-x
MM2-x
DM1- 2 damage to (d14=6)FFA (8hp)

Emerald- 5 damage to (d3=2) MM2 (5hp)
Meira- 24 damage to (d3=1) MM1 (-14hp, Instagib), 23 damage to (d2=1) MM2 (-18hp, Instagib)
D1- 7 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (8hp)
D2- 7 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (7hp)
D3- 8 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (KO)
FFA- 5 damage to (d2=1) LS1 (full, KO)
FFB- 3 damage to LS2 (full, 1hp)
MMA- 4 damage to DM1 (6hp)
MMB- 5 damage to DM1 (1hp)
MMC- 4 damage to DM1 (KO)
MMD- 5 damage to (d2=2) LS2 (half, KO)
DMA- 2 damage to ZF1 (13hp)
DMC- 2 damage to ZF1 (11hp)
DMD- 3 damage to ZF1 (8hp)

ZF1- 4 damage to (d14=6) FFA (4hp), latches on.

Emerald- 6 damage to ZF1 (2hp)
Meira- 12 damage to ZF1 (KO)

Victory

MM?- [-9/12, d12=10] ...... Okay, she should have died, again, but didn't. Battle-scarred x2, +4/+4.
1d3=2. MM2 recruited, MM? retreats further.
Bleak Aura: Zombie (1d100=21)
Bleak Aura: Spirit (1d100=1)
Conscripted Lost Spirit A
Conscripted MMP, DMN
Scouting FC/OH1.
Emerald, Meira, D1, 2, 3, FFA, B, MMA, B, C, D, DMA, C, D +1 battle xp
DMC, FFA,B, Deady Rank Up.
DMC- avg, 1.5hp, 1d2+1 damage
FFA,B- avg, 1.5hp, 1d3+4 damage
Deady- vet, 2.0hp, 1d2+6 damage

>> No. 143506
>>143505

That map. It is an awesome map.
>> No. 143507
[x] Back off on it. Orin's right, there's not enough time left to make an arrangement today, and it might be difficult to bring Mima to your point of view.
With her charisma? Of course.
-[x] Visit the metalworker instead.
>> No. 143508
>>143505
Nice map.
Scouts reports will wait until the day ends?
Also, our little Samurai is amazing. She needs a good armor and she's good to go.
> Okay, she should have died, again, but didn't. Battle-scarred x2
FUCK
>Lingering spirit recruited
Woah. How does it look like? We need more details!
>> No. 143509
File 130998287055.png - (64.71KB , 640x640 , 8136bab6a5425b8cfbfb586cdae13133a1eaea27.png ) [iqdb]
143509
The lingering spirit... basically, it's like what you see around Orin here, except the skull is almost impossible to see, with being transparent and wreathed in cold, deathly energy. Unless you're really looking for it, you wouldn't notice it at all.

The trick with these is, despite being fairly weak-end hp and damage wise,they're not really physical, so normal attacks don't do full damage. Magic does the trick though, even if you're just magically picking a rock up off the ground and throwing it.
>> No. 143510
>>143509

Looks like I guesse right then. Fuck yeah.

[x] Back off on it. Orin's right, there's not enough time left to make an arrangement today, and it might be difficult to bring Mima to your point of view.
-[x] Talk about Sakura instead. Report what you've learned.

If we don't have enough time to go somewhere close, then just imagine if we have time to go all the way back into the city and shop. Bur since Orin is here and we are already talking with her, then why not talk to her?

By the way, Kahi, since Tabby has already been to the Kappa's facility, wouldn't it be feasible to tell us where it is on the map?
>> No. 143511
Um, XVII goes there. There was supposed to be a little doodle of a wrench or screwdriver or something, can't recall what. Forgot to put that on.
>> No. 143513
>>143511

The longest path. ;_;

I was guessing it to be the top left symbol, since it kinda reminds me of Okuu. Is reaching XVII going to open yet another area map this big?
>> No. 143514
>>143510
Sakura! I forgot about that

[x] Back off on it. Orin's right, there's not enough time left to make an arrangement today, and it might be difficult to bring Mima to your point of view.
-[x] Talk about Sakura instead. Report what you've learned.
[x]Afterwards, try and find Sakura in the city by yourself, even if it takes you time.

It's not like she hasn't rested enough.
>> No. 143539
[x] Back off on it. Orin's right, there's not enough time left to make an arrangement today, and it might be difficult to bring Mima to your point of view.
-[x] Talk about Sakura instead. Report what you've learned.
[x]Afterwards, try and find Sakura in the city by yourself, even if it takes you time.
Time to finish this side quest...
>> No. 143541
[x] Back off on it. Orin's right, there's not enough time left to make an arrangement today, and it might be difficult to bring Mima to your point of view.
-[x] Talk about Sakura instead. Report what you've learned.
[x]Afterwards, try and find Sakura in the city by yourself, even if it takes you time.

Let's try to get some influence with Orin again.
>> No. 143556
File 131007636862.png - (19.94KB , 640x480 , 501ee3262b2cacb9b1da2a3f10da127a375a55d5.png ) [iqdb]
143556
"I... suppose you are right." Tabuki grudgingly admitted. "The morning, then."

"Knew you'd see it my way. Now, about that thing I wanted you to do..." Orin started in, leadingly.

"Yes, the Miko." Tabuki answered, and her ears perked up with sudden interest. "Sakura seems to be a servant of the old Yatagarasu, and her stated aim is to elevate Okuu to godhead as the new Yatagarasu. For various reasons, Satori is opposed to this course of action."

"Huh. Well, that's just... neat~" Orin mused. "Hm... It's not like I can't see where Satori's coming from, though. But I think Okuu could handle it. Either way, though, it's not my call, I suppose. Now... I'm gonna go ahead and take that nap. You be a good kiddo an' all 'til the mornig, alright?"

Without waiting for a response, Orin stretched and shrank, draping a smaller, feline form over a jutting boulder as she closed her eyes, leaving Tabuki to make her way off on her own. She spent a little while wandering about town, searching for the miko, but didn't so much as pick up a reliable lead before she had begun to grow tired and hungry. Well, it had already been late in the day when she began, so it was almost to be expected, she supposed. She would have to pick another day and search more seriously, if she wanted to find her.

Not tomorrow, though. That had just been spoken for. She retired slightly earlier than normal, eager to speed her healing with slumber.

---

War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
37 silvers

New scouting report: FC/OH 1

Zombie Fairies x2 HP 15, Damage 3-4
Zombie Fairies(a) x2 HP 22, Damage 5-6
Lingering Spirit x2 HP 12, Damage 2-4
Fire Wisp x1 HP 8 Damage 7-10(fire)
Melee Mook x3 HP 10, damage 1-2
Danmaku Mook x3 HP 10, damage 1-2
[Unknown] MM x1 HP 14, damage 5-6


[ ] Todays war plans.

[x]Activity: Speak with Mima-Locked in.
>> No. 143559
File 131007784256.png - (837.44KB , 1948x1554 , 2263258.png ) [iqdb]
143559
>>143556
Considering that Ancient Hell's chambers do not lead to anywhere in particular, except for Okuu, Mima and Orin, which we can talk to anyway, and certain death, which it's not a place we want to go, am I wrong in assuming that the main hook for exploring this devious place is the insane conscripts we can take? -Zombie Fairies, Regular DMs and MMs, (a)-special Zombies, DMs and MMs, Lingering spirits, etc-

[x] Battle Plan:
-[x] Station Working Fairies at Yuugi's Bar.
-[x] Station The Royal Maids at the Palace.
-[x] 4 untrained MMs go to YUUGI BAR. For training.
-[x] 11 of the remaining MMs/DMs with lowest exp go to each of our territories.
--[x] Gather all remaining troops and invade. FC/OH 1
---[x] Battle instructions: Focus on the Strongest enemies first and keep moving down the ladder until no one is left. Exceptions:
-Big M priorizes Zombie Fairies (Both types) over any other target if avaiable.
-FFs do not attack the Fire wisp.
-Zombie Fairies do not attack [Unknown]
>> No. 143565
>>143564

Forgot [x] Roll Strategy feat.
>> No. 143567
>>143564
Nice vote, but letting the Zombies for last and then sending melee guys against them is just asking for getting chewed on.
>> No. 143572
>>143567

Not really. Meira can attack on the first turn and deals 15-25 damage. WIth Emerald's new bonus, it's 17-27. That's one ZF(a) without doing anything.

The second ZF(a) isn't a big threat either. Four average rank MMs = 4*2-3 = 8 minimun damage. With Emerald's bonus, the it doubles to 16, and with Emeral attacking too, it's 20. Then, with our three zombie fairies attacking too, it's 13 more damage poins, 33 minimun damage per turn. Enough to kill the second ZF(a) in 1 turn, and the other two zombies at the sae time in a single turn.
>> No. 143573
>>143572
Emerald bonus does not affect her.
That said, I know she can take them down in 1 turn, but only two at most... and that would be after defeating everyone else... which should give the zombies 2 or 3 turns to give us a few more fairies with necrophobia.
Bah, if luck favor us, this won't happen but still... why leave them to the end?
>> No. 143577
>>143573
>Emerald bonus does not affect her.

Ah, really? Damn, I keep losing track of these details.

But anyway, I chose to have the Ranged group deal with the spirits first because of the physical resistance (or should I say, inexistance?) of the spirits. Since only magical attacks deal full damage to them, I'd rather remove such things earlier, specially if the melee group can deal with the rest well enough.

Ok, the Fire Wisp is also a big reason, 7-10 fire damagWAIT WHAT!? Holy fuck, that shit is strong! I think I will change my vote soon.
>> No. 143581
[x] Battle Plan:
-[x] Station Working Fairies at Yuugi's Bar. Unless specified otherwise, this group shall be always stationed at Yuugi's Bar.
-[x] Station The Royal Maids at the Palace. Unless specified otherwise, this group shall be always stationed at the Palace.
-[x] Other stationed faries remain stationed where they already are stationed. These fairies are now the "Owner Flags" group.
-[x] Station DMN at Hell's Ancient Gate/Fire Chambers Entry.
--[x] Invade FC/OH1. Roll for Strategy bonus.
--[x] The same troops from before, plus the Spirit, and any extra fairies.
---[x] Ranged units focus on enemy Spirits. The DMs and the Spirit hit the Fire Wisp first, then the Longering spirits. DMs and the spirit should weaken the [Unkown] MM
---[x] Fire Flingers do not attack the Fire Wisp under any circunstamce, but should tank it's damage. Attack the LS first, then focus fire on: zombies(a) -> zombies -> normal fairies.
---[x] Meira deals with both ZF(a) first, and ZFs second. As soon as [Unkown] MM is weakened, Meira must deliver the final blow, regardless of other targets current state. Free to choose targets afterwards.
---[x] Zombie fairies should shield the normal fairies from the enemy zombies. Meatshield, if necessary, and counter as possible.
---[x] Melee group focus on a single ZF(a) first, then attack in this priority: ZF -> MMs -> DM.


Changed my vote, deleted previous one. I need to pay more attention, things are slipping past me without even noticing them.

Kahi said that ordering the fairies to tank damage dealt was possible (thread 2, wasn't it?), so yeah, trying it for the first time. Totally betting on the FF's elemental resistance to fire that they should have. If they hit harder on ice, and vice-versa, the opposite should be true with fire.

The same thing goes for the zombies. Since they are average rank now, they can take much more punches, and it would be one hell of a paradox if they ever are to become necrophobes.

The setup for [Unkown] is toa void giving it another Battle Scarred and have it as a stronger enemy again. Of course, recruiting her strentghned by Battle Scarred x9, but recruiting her is complete chance and, honestly, unlikely. Killing her for sure should avoid another Battle Scarred.

Things are only going to get harder, the deeper we go. Next turn, I agree we should go see Yuugi, but I think we should send Emerald to train too. She is a "Fist Fighter" sort of warrior, as seen from her background info.
>> No. 143583
[x] Battle Plan:
-[x] Station Working Fairies at Yuugi's Bar. Unless specified otherwise, this group shall be always stationed at Yuugi's Bar.
-[x] Station The Royal Maids at the Palace. Unless specified otherwise, this group shall be always stationed at the Palace.
-[x] Other stationed faries remain stationed where they already are stationed. These fairies are now the "Owner Flags" group.
-[x] Station DMN at Hell's Ancient Gate/Fire Chambers Entry.
--[x] Invade FC/OH1. Roll for Strategy bonus.
--[x] The same troops from before, plus the Spirit, and any extra fairies.
---[x] Ranged units focus on enemy Spirits. The DMs and the Spirit hit the Fire Wisp first, then the Longering spirits. DMs and the spirit should weaken the [Unkown] MM
---[x] Fire Flingers do not attack the Fire Wisp under any circunstamce, but should tank it's damage. Attack the LS first, then focus fire on: zombies(a) -> zombies -> normal fairies.
---[x] Meira deals with both ZF(a) first, and ZFs second. As soon as [Unkown] MM is weakened, Meira must deliver the final blow, regardless of other targets current state. Free to choose targets afterwards.
---[x] Zombie fairies should shield the normal fairies from the enemy zombies. Meatshield, if necessary, and counter as possible.
---[x] Melee group focus on a single ZF(a) first, then attack in this priority: ZF -> MMs -> DM.

Seconding this shit.
>> No. 143596
On a related note, we should probably make some time for Yuugi te teach Emerald some good olde Oni Fistfighting.
>> No. 143608
>>143596
Tomorrow. Hopefully we can capture one of the next areas with the next conscripts, and leave Emerald alone for once
>> No. 143609
>>143608

Actually, there are still some areas of the normal Underground that we haven't captured yet. There is also Parsee's bridge.
>> No. 143610
>>143609
You mean the bridge that will fight any intruders that try to invade us through there? The one that will not attack us because they're a neutral party?
Yeah, let's leave that alone, okay? Parsee alone is more than capable of taking down Cirno.
>> No. 143611
>>143581

Third'ed. Let's finish this quickly. Also, anyone wants to guess what Orin's place resource might be like? I think she will pay for corpses, or maybe improve our zombies/FF.
>> No. 143612
>>143610

YOu certainly are optimist about that. What makes you so certain that Parsee will oppose anyone? Or that Cirno/Anyone won't to able to bribe Parsee?

Cirno won't be coming throught the front door. She is coming frmo Tunnels III, while Sunny Milk is in the tunnels next to her. The main path is possibly our best way to the surface. We need to secure it eventually.
>> No. 143613
>What makes you so certain that Parsee will oppose anyone? Or that Cirno/Anyone won't to able to bribe Parsee?
Canon.
I know it sounds like a far shot with 'cunning and relentless Cirno' present in the auditorium, but that's what I believe in and I stand for it.
'sides, we should notice any advance from the surface 2 or 3 turns before they actually reach the bridge: check the AC map for details.
>> No. 143633
File 131018374733.png - (691.68KB , 577x465 , blogs_photo_1245782065.png ) [iqdb]
143633
Okay, really now.

MM?: -13/14, d14=14.

This is just getting ridiculous. I'm inventing a new trait now, and putting a cap on this, just to keep it from looping on indefinitely.

Also, it shouldn't have been so easy to get that trait at all, much less three times in a row, why won't it just die, since it's not so simple as just 'surviving negative hp'. The actual qualifications are 'have enough negative hp that your chance of death is at least 75% and survive'. If you die, you don't qualify. If you only have, say, 50/50 odds of surviving, you still don't qualify. There's a narrow margin where you actually have a shot at getting it, and it's not good odds.

Except this fairy just refuses to pass on. Geeze.
>> No. 143634
File 131018549355.jpg - (11.61KB , 252x253 , 124198630332.jpg ) [iqdb]
143634
>>143633
Just go on and make her Tabuki's Lancer. Those rolls are destiny speaking!
In a CYOA that might as well be called 'Fairy Wars' a heroic common mook fairy, the most minor of the minor characters, refuses to be just be a number!
>> No. 143636
>>143634
Do the impossible see the invisible.
>> No. 143637
>>143633

What's the name of this new trait? And what does it do?
>> No. 143660
File 131035285524.jpg - (584.29KB , 850x574 , sample_16a512092f271cbc50ea3abcb700594c78a22122.jpg ) [iqdb]
143660
Orin was already waiting impatiently for her to get ready the moment Tabuki began to drag herself out of bed. She waited long enough for Tabuki to drag herself into consciousness and give orders the best she could while half-asleep, then bodily picked her up, dragging her to the kitchens and all but forced breakfast down her throat for the journey.

If there was one thing that could be said about riding in Orin's cart, it was that things went by very fast. The world was a blur around them, and it was barwly an eyeblink's time before they were out of the city and seeming to crash through a solid wall of heat into the fire chambers. The wind wasn't cold anymore, and Tabuki's eyes ached a little from how fast the environs had gone from 'dim' to 'brightly glowing'.

There was a pair of howls, though she couldn't make out its source, and then a thump as the cart impacted heavily into something. Then a whirl, as Rin spun around, heaving at the handles to spin in a circle and slam again into whatever they'd impacted, launching it into the distant walls and dropping it back into position on the ground. She plucked Tabuki out of the air, where she'd been hurled free of the cart, and dropped her back into safety almost as an afterthought.

"Hah... stupid mutts never learn." Orin sneered as she started to pick up speed again. "Right, kiddo, high priority containment chambers, straight ahead. This might, I dunno, tingle or sting a little. All the magic-suppressing junk they have up to keep Mima where they want her."

"wh-"

Tabuki barely had time to question the assertion before they were through, and sure enough she'd felt the change. Like the prickle of thousands of feathery icicles trembling beneath her skin... she got the feeling that magic of all sorts would be harder to perform here, and to less effect. It wouldn't be impossible, though.

The wheelbarrow came to a screeching halt outside an imposing monolith of... no, there was no way she could play it up to make it seem grand. It was a giant metal box on top of a pillar, only a couple of gears visible to suggest it could, and would, be lowered into the lava below if required. A pair of oni stood patient guard outside the only door.

"State your business here." One called.

It took a few moments of deep breathing before Tabuki had composed herself anough to display and hand over the papers Satori had given her. The oni plucked them away and scrutinized them carefully for several long minutes.

"... These seem to be in order." he grudgingly admitted. "You will be supervised for the duration of your visit. Any gifts or exchanges between yourself and the prisoner will go through a warden, who will inspect them to ensure no mischief is being attempted. Your visit will be recorded, and anything you say may later be provided as evidence if required. Mind what you say and do inside."

With that stern warning, the pair of oni turned and heaved at the gates, dragging them ponderously outward and showing the halls within.

"I'll wait here." Orin said, waving idly. "I got no business inside anyway."

A girl with a free-floating spirit coiled about her waited inside.

"Visitor. Follow me, and please do not deviate from the path. Should a prisoner's containment cell feature open bars rather than solid wall, please do not venture within arm's length of the bars. The prisoners are trouble cases, and we will not be held liable for any harm which may befall you should you fail to heed this instruction."

Tabuki nodded somberly, but followed the girl inside, passing by tormented spirit after shambling mass of flesh after silent, vacant-eyed and still being until she simply kept her eyes resolutely forward and stopped looking into the cells as they progressed to the heart of the prison.

It was a circular chamber, and inside was a bizarre fusion of technology and wizardry, cealing circle etched into a stone floor, and those etchings filled with wires, sparking with electricity and magical energy as power flowed through them to a suspended orb of steel and wire, hanging in the center of the room. The girl threw a switch, and with a crackle, the orb began to crack open like an egg and draw apart, a green light shining out from between the fragments. At full extension, a glowing mass of emerald was visible for a moment before it shifted and coalesced into a different form, a ghostly woman with green hair and robes.

"... hm. I have a visitor. Do I know you?" She remarked idly.

---

[ ] No time for pleasantries. Demand tutoring.
[ ] Lead the conversation slowly, but politely.
[ ] Input another diplomatic tactic. (write-in)
>> No. 143661
File 131035319711.png - (18.75KB , 338x439 , FireChambersOldHell.png ) [iqdb]
143661
Emerald
Meira
D1, 2, 3
LS
FFA, B
MMA, B, C, D, P
DMA, C, D, E

vs

Zombie Fairies x2 HP 15, Damage 3-4
Zombie Fairies(a) x2 HP 22, Damage 5-6
Lingering Spirit x2 HP 12, Damage 2-4
Fire Wisp x1 HP 8 Damage 7-10(fire)
Melee Mook x3 HP 10, damage 1-2
Danmaku Mook x3 HP 10, damage 1-2
[Unknown] MM x1 HP 14, damage 5-6

---
Strategy: d10 vs int.= 10. Flat -2 hp.
---

Emerald-x
Meira- 22, 21 damage to ZF(a)1(KO), ZF(a)2(1hp)
D1-x
D2-x
D3-x
LS- 3 damage to FW (full, 5hp)
FFA- 6 damage to (d2=2) LS2 (full, 6hp)
FFB- 5 damage to (d2=1) LS1 (full, 7hp)
MMA-x
MMB-x
MMC-x
MMD-x
MMP-x
DMA- 2 damage to FW (full, 3hp)
DMC- 3 damage to FW (full, KO). Extinguished.
DMD- 3 damage to (d2=1) LS1 (full, 4hp)
DME- 1 damage to (d2=2) LS2 (full, 5hp)

ZF1-x
ZF2-x
ZF(a)2-x
LS1- 4 damage to (d17=8) FFB (9hp)
LS2- 2 damage to (d17=2) Meira (86hp)
MM1-x
MM2-x
MM3-x
DM1- 1 damage to (d17=13) MMP (7hp)
DM2- 2 damage to (d17=13) MMP (5hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d17=5) D3 (18hp)
MM?-x

Emerald- 4 damage to ZFa2 (KO)
Meira- 25, 23 damage to ZF1, 2. (KO, KO)
D1- 9 damage to (d8=5) MM3 (1hp)
D2- 7 damage to (d8=1) LS1 (half, 1hp)
D3- 7 damage to (d8=6) DM1 (3hp)
LS- 4 damage to (d8=4) MM2 (6hp)
FFA- 7 damage to (d2=1) LS1 (full, KO)
FFB- 6 damage to LS2 (full, KO)
MMA- 4 damage to (d6=5) DM2 (6hp)
MMB- 5 damage to (d6=3) MM3 (KO)
MMC- 4 damage to (d5=2) MM2 (2hp)
MMD- 4 damage to (d5=5) DM3 (6hp)
MMP-4 damage to (d5=5) DM3 (2hp)
DMA- 3 damage to MM? (11hp)
DMC- 2 damage to MM? (9hp)
DMD- 3 damage to MM? (6hp)
DME- 2 damage to MM? (4hp)

MM1- 1 damage to (d17=5) D3 (17hp)
MM2- 2 damage to (d17=13)MMP (3hp)
DM1- 2 damage to (d17=13) MMP (1hp)
DM2- 1 damage to (d17=15) DMC (12hp)
DM3- 2 damage to (d17=9) MMA (11hp)
MM?- 6 damage to (d17=10) MMB (7hp)

Emerald- 6 damage to (d5=5) DM3 (KO)
Meira- 17 damage to MM? (-13hp, KO), 21 damage to (d4=1) MM1 (-11hp, instagib)
D1- 10 damage to (d3=1) MM2 (-8hp, KO)
D2- 8 damage to (d2=1) DM1 (-5hp, KO)
D3- 7 damage to DM2 (-1hp, KO)

D1- 10 damage to MM2 (-18hp, devoured)
D2- 7 damage to DM1 (-12hp, devoured)
D3- 7 damage to DM2 (-8hp)

Victory

MM?: -13/14, d14=14. Battle Scarred x3, Survivor.
MM2=Necrophobe
DM1=Necrophobe
DM2: -8/10, d10=1, Necrophobe

MM, d4=1, MM1. DM, d3=3, DM3.
Conscripted MMQ, DMO.
Bleak Aura: Zombie- d100=81
Bleak Aura: Spirit- d100=45
Emerald, Meira, D1,2,3, LS, MM A, B, C, D, P, DMA, C, D, E, FFA, B: +1 battle xp.
Scouting FC/OH2

>> No. 143670
[x] Lead the conversation slowly, but politely.
>> No. 143672
[X] My name is Tabuki Vivipary. I am not a charasmatic speaker, so I will not bother trying pretend I am. I became a Youkai (Insert Number of Days/Weeks Here) ago. In that time, I have learned that I have a great deal of magical power, but no real knowledge or experience to speak of in terms of how to make the best use of it. I wish to correct that personal deficit.
[X] I know that such tutoring does not come for free, but I will state these conditions upfront. I will not betray my loved ones or those I am responsible to and for, I will not purposefully injure, maim, or kill others on your command, and I will not pusposefully (eyebrow raise here) help in your escape of this facility. Those conditions stated, I wish for you to train me, so that the next time I get into a magical fight, there will be no doubt that I will win.
[X] Ask for Mima's price.
-[X] If the price isn't too much, or cause the Warden to end the meeting then and there, agree.
--[X] (If a deal is struck) Oh yes, and did I forget to mention that I am considered a Great Fae, and that we now have a bargain between us until it is met?
---[X] Smile like a motherfucker.

I wonder how many people know the difference in meaning between the words "Purposely" and "Purposefully".
>> No. 143679
>>143672
Are you acting purposefully, when you write this crap?
>> No. 143680
[x] Lead the conversation slowly, but politely.
>> No. 143684
[x] No time for pleasantries. Demand tutoring.
Tabuki screws things up everytime she opens her fucking mouth. Let's skip to the end, shall we?
>> No. 143694
[ ] Lead the conversation slowly, but politely.

This just feels like what she would do. She'll screw it up probably..but eh, be true to your self right?
>> No. 143695
[x] No time for pleasantries. State your business.

Mima is a smart girl, she will see straight throught Tabuki's intention and take the lead. Taking the initiative should give us some advantage.

Of course, demanding her to teach magic might give a bad first impression, but bing direct has the chance of pleasing her.
>> No. 143699
>>143695
Indeed, which is what I think >>143672 was going for as well. Tabuki is not a charasmatic character, so we shouldn't play her as one. Her best trait is her intelligence, so anything we should say should follow that route.
>> No. 143700
>>143699
I don't think her Cha stat has a role in this choice as Kahi would have noted it otherwise.
>> No. 143701
>>143700
That may be, but as some of the others have said here, Tabuki shouldn't waste time, nor should she be demanding. Tabuki needs to get straight to the point, and state what it is she wants without making it seem like a demand (as she can't demand anything of Mima, and Mima would laugh and say "No" were Tabuki to even try to go down that route).

>>143679

Indeed I am. I did after all suggest the cave-in, along with some of the other shit that has gone down here, and though some of it was "Not as planned", I regret nothing. Why? Because it's in-character, and plays to what Tabuki's personality is supposed to be (a hyper-intelligent but woefully inexperienced youkai that is often working off of incomplete information and trying to make the most of the situations she finds herself in while making mistakes and learning from them as best as she can in the process).
>> No. 143703
>>143701
what's up with the 'smiling like a motherfucker' part?
>> No. 143704
>>143703
Just me being playful/joking/not-too-serious. Only dipshits and humorless cunts take shit like that so seriously.
>> No. 143706
>>143701
Deliberate incompetence tends to be a self-defeating cycle as it discourages voting for something smarter. I once recall a story with a MC whose naivete was played up so often, he ended up a dumbass.
>> No. 143707
> Deliberate incompetence tends to be a self-defeating cycle as it discourages voting for something smarter. I once recall a story with a MC whose naivete was played up so often, he ended up a dumbass.

I can see your point. However I really don't think this MC is even near that point.

Remember if we let people make slippery slop arguments then civilization will end.
>> No. 143718
>>143706
Incompetence is one thing. Mary Sue-ism is quite another. Characters should be played as if they're fucking people, not Min-Max God Sue's. So don't confuse wanting the character to be played as if they were real with wanting to purposely make the character into an "Incompetent Idiot" (and btw, fuck you too).
>> No. 143721
>>143718
Choosing a choice in good faith and having some screw up occur is natural, intentionally choosing a bad choice to stimulate a screw up is faulty thinking.

And Min-Max God Sue? Due to the build, Tabby's damn useless outside of certain situations, increasing the chance of something NATURALLY fucking up.
>> No. 143723
>>143721
Yes, were I actually 'intentionally choosing a bad choice to stimulate a screw up'. I'm not, and I take offense to the claim that I am. You don't agree with me? Sure, no problem. You accuse me of "Purposely choosing the worst choices possible because I'm an utter idiot who can only make the worst decisions possible"? Fuck you too you trollish cunt.

Now tell me, where in any of the variations of "Get to the point but don't make demand" am I, or anyone else here, making a "Decision that can only fuck up"? Our other two choices consist of "Make demands" or "Act Timid." Fuck that, and fuck you for the accusations that any other choice highlights our "Failings as Human Beings."
>> No. 143730
>>143718
>>143723

Why are you swearing so much? Why so mad? These people are being to be civil, can't you try to be too?
>> No. 143734
[x] "You may not know me, But I know you. I'm sure there's been quite a many people who have asked you this, But will you become my magical instructor?"

Why the fuck not.
>> No. 143737
>>143723
I wasn't even talking about this choice, but the last major one. This choice boils down to going a path one thinks Mima would like.
>> No. 143740
>>143723
You forgot the "Guys write in whatever the fuck you want option and be smart".

Oh wait. /th/. Nevermind that comment, As clearly this person vouches for how stupid /th/ can be.
>> No. 143756
> I wasn't even talking about this choice, but the last major one.

Okay..that was not clear. You still need to make your case, cause I ain't seeing it.
>> No. 143757
>>143756
I mean the Cirno negotiation choice where someone deliberately chose the cave in option, knowing it'd have a high chance of backfire to 'fit her character'. I'm mainly arguing intent as I wouldn't have said a thing if it was actually a choice made in good faith for a good outcome.
>> No. 143760
>>143757
I suggested the "Bring the cave ceiling down on Cirno" option as Cirno never stated what she wanted from the getgo to Tabuki, Tabuki knew that Cirno had a habit of freezing enemy commanders, and any fight with Cirno would have likely resulted in Tabuki's death at that point in time. The ONLY reason that choice failed as it did was because of a bad roll. It would have worked otherwise, and it WAS in-character with what Tabuki knew at the time. But hey, what do contexts like that matter to you?
>> No. 143761
>>143760
Well >>143701 sounded as if it was intentional.
>> No. 143763
>>143761
Ahh, that was not intended. The feel I get from Tabuki is she willing to try anything once if she feels it has a chance of working (if it's stupid, but it works, is it really stupid?), but if it doesn't work, she's willing to learn from her mistakes. Hell, even if it does work she's willing to see what she could have done better anyways. She's not afraid of taking actions even where there is a chance she might fail, as it isn't the end of the world (most of the time), it's just another learning experience if it fails.

Tabuki doesn't hesitate, but she won't blindly jump into things either. She'll think things through, ask questions if she doesn't have enough info, make a decision, act on that decision, and deal with the consequences of it, whether the consequences are good or bad. She wants to make good decisions (who doesn't?), but she's not perfect. People make mistakes, and things sometimes fuck up without anybody to blame for it. Does she whine and bemoan her fate, or does she learn from it and stand strong and proud anyways?

This is the character basis of Tabuki from which I'm basing suggestions here.
>> No. 143820
[x] No time for pleasantries. State your business.
>> No. 143841
[x] No time for pleasantries. State your business.
>> No. 143874
File 131071485625.jpg - (77.15KB , 750x600 , DumpStats1.jpg ) [iqdb]
143874
[x] Common courtesy will cost you nothing.
[x] Be direct, honest, and forthright.
[x] Do not resort to insults. Do not respond to insults.

We are not under any significant time pressure here. I mean, yes, we're terrible at pleasantries, but that's no reason to be actively rude. (Especially since we're probably going to end up being unintentionally rude anyway.)

---

>>143498
Yeah, but it hasn't even been mentioned in passing. I, for one, have picked up the impression that Tabby's exactly the sort of person to ... well ... ignore or forget about Emerald entirely. Not deliberately or anything, but just because she'd have to actively remember not to do so.

(Also, did we fail an Int roll to count our troops that turn? It seems only fair that we be able to rely on Tabuki's intelligence to support us if we're also going to have our diplomatic attempts be held back by her charisma.

... okay, yeah, I couldn't type that with a straight face.)

---

>>143672
Wow. I am in awe. I've made a lot of terrible, terrible write-ins, but I think I can safely say that none have been quite that bad.

>>143723
See, the thing is, the fact that both default choices suck doesn't in any way imply that your write-in doesn't suck more. It's a godawful bastard hybrid of the worst components of either one.

>>143763
If you were really playing Tabuki as willing to learn from her mistakes, you wouldn't suggest she try to rely on trickery, misdirection, and empty macho posturing in a social confrontation with a powerful and probably hostile entity over whom we have no credible hold -- again.

Because I'm sure she, like most of us, remembers exactly how well that went down the last time.
>> No. 143877
>>143874
>>[x] Do not resort to insults. Do not respond to insults.
>>[x] Do not resort to insults.
>> Insults.

hypocrisy suits you well. well done young troll, well done. can we stop with the name calling and accusations and insults now? it's getting kind of, well, boring.
>> No. 143878
>>can we stop with the name calling and accusations and insults now?

No.
>> No. 143880
No.
>> No. 143881
maybe
>> No. 143882
This is /th/. Fucktardery is our calling card. Hypocrisy our language of choice. Do not underestimate our ability to make motherfucking mountains out of molehills. Do not assume we'll be reasonable where we can flail about throwing random shit at eachother like seizure ridden crackheads in the middle of a foot fight in a starving African village. Tact is unknown to us. Subtlety is something we think would make a decent club to hit others over the head with. This? This is equivalent of a mild mannered lunchbreak for us.
>> No. 143888
>>143882
And dont even get us started about the fucking [i]brunch.[/]

>>143734 here, changing vote to
[x] Common courtesy will cost you nothing.
[x] Be direct, honest, and forthright.
[x] Do not resort to insults. Do not respond to insults.

Even if it does go against everything a /th/ anon knows, It's still a good vote. After all, We can either be polite or be a demanding prick, And neither's really going to get Mima on our good side. That...

[x] Grab her hat and put it on your head
>> No. 143902
4 days ;_;
>> No. 143909
Changing my vote to this too.

[x] Common courtesy will cost you nothing.
[x] Be direct, honest, and forthright.
[x] Do not resort to insults. Do not respond to insults.

If all else fails...
[x] Grab her hat and put it on your head
>> No. 143913
>[x] Do not resort to insults.

I have to wonder, what kinda of image do you guys get from Tabuki? I have the feeling that you imagine her as someone who purposefully verbally harms other, just because she has Cha 1.

Tabuki is not bad socially because she wants to, or doesn't care about others. She is just dense.
>> No. 143914
>>Tabuki is not bad socially because she wants to, or doesn't care about others. She is just dense.

Pretty much. Anyways, I'm changing my vote to the new suggestion.

[x] Common courtesy will cost you nothing.
[x] Be direct, honest, and forthright.
[x] Do not resort to insults. Do not respond to insults.

If all else fails...
[x] Grab her hat and put it on your head
>> No. 143925
[x] Common courtesy will cost you nothing.
[x] Be direct, honest, and forthright.
[x] Do not resort to insults. Do not respond to insults.

If all else fails...
[x] Grab her hat and put it on your head

This write-in is superior.
>> No. 143929
>[x] Grab her hat and put it on your head

Someone explain me what is the purpose of this specific write-in? How is it going to help Tabuki with anything at all? It's probably just going to make things worse with Mima.

This seems the sort of thing a dumb character would do, not Tabuki.
>> No. 143930
>>143929
It shows that she's not afraid of anyones shit, even with all she's gone through.

Plus you know its funny.
>> No. 143940
>>143930
Plus, it's an adorable mental image. Especially considering out little doll has no headgear yet.

Great, now I have the mental image of her trying to dress up like Mima...
>> No. 143945
Kicking myself for not reading this series sooner.

That said: I'd suggest not getting grabby with the hat or (trying to) form an actual Fae contract, as we don't know how the seal works and giving her a potential out would be a *Bad* thing.

(Besides, the guard did mention any exchanges would go through a warden, so snagging the hat likely wasn't an option in the first place.)
>> No. 143962
[x] Common courtesy will cost you nothing.
[x] Be direct, honest, and forthright.

Changed my vote, deleted the previous one.

Let's be honest guys, just those two will suffice. Tabuki is a smart girl and she knows that insults won't get her anywhere, and stealing Mima's hat and wearing it, is nothing shor of stupid. For fuck's sake, she may be dense, but she is not retarded.

Also, updates, where?
>> No. 143966
File 131094048554.jpg - (241.91KB , 620x877 , d8f57813cf2ffe5cf9aa059e690f14d2.jpg ) [iqdb]
143966
What will happen to our dear die-hard MM fairy, Kahi? Will she be allowed to have a more active involvement in the story?
>> No. 143972
>>143962
Oh hey look at that, It looks like Captain Obvious will have to point out everything for you child, and save your dear life!

You see, There is this thing called 'sarcasm'. It is a form of humor. For example, It is raining outside, and I say 'gee golly, sure is nice weather today eh anon?'. This is the part were you say 'But of course it is, after all its fucking raining'.
>> No. 143973
>>143972
>Sarcasm

If that was indeed what you intended, perhaps you should have said so, hm? After all, the other voters seems to have taken it quite seriously.

Also, u mad?
>> No. 143977
>>143973
Because subtly flies right over Anon's head.
>> No. 143980
Kahi, you there?
>> No. 143981
File 131101752380.jpg - (121.03KB , 400x400 , advice_rumia.jpg ) [iqdb]
143981
>>143902

>>143980

I'm still alive, but it's been a draining few days, what with paperwork and new semester starting, I hate summer classes so much, screwing around with videogames with free time instead of other stuff, and then internets getting tied up in a quaint little knot of hatred and frustration for a bit, leading to more offline fun games.

So, yeah, will just call this here like I meant to... last wednesday-ish, maybe? Well, whenever I meant to call it.
>> No. 143983
>>143981

Hooray! I was indeed getting worried. I'm almost addicted to your story.
>> No. 143984
File 131102304665.jpg - (214.95KB , 566x800 , a6b36621a6406c77f989c794ba6ac3aa860e2032.jpg ) [iqdb]
143984
"We've not met." Tabuki decided on. "But I've heard of you, Lady Mima. You're a powerful user of magic... I want you to teach me."

"Yeah, and...?" Mima asked, as she tilted her head to one side. "You think you're the first? What's in it for me?"

"What might you be interested in?" Tabuki replied reasonably.

"Hm... for one, I really wouldn't mind getting out of this shithole."

"That, I'm afraid I can't help with." Tabuki was quick to deny, as the warden's attention was caught, a suspicious eye trailing over the both of them before she settled back down.

Mima chuckled for a moment, then crossed her arms.

"... You know, for someone who's hunting out a teacher to apprentice themselves under, youve got kind of a backwards way of doing it." She said, tone serious at the start, but quickly shifting to mischief. "Did you prepare for this at all? No contract drawn up in advance, no offerings to tempt my interest, did you even bring me booze, to try to slip an agreement out of me while I'm plastered? Sloooppy~" She teased. "Oho, what would you even do if I said yes? What if I decided to test you first? What's your grounding in magical theory and application? You know what, just go ahead and answer that one for me."

"... I am practiced in a couple of spells, and have above-average magical ability, compounded with a talent for simply forcing mystical energy to-" Tabuki began, hesitantly.

"That's all well and good, and you're either downplaying yourself or you're no good at estimation and comparison, if you've got enough to be poking about with wild magic at all." Mima interjected, waving a hand idly as she cut her off. "But it's not what I asked. That's all 'Practical' fields of study. I wanted to know about your 'Theoretical' background. How good's your comprehension of Telmswell's principles of magic? Got a head for spell construction, deconstruction, reconstruction, and reverse-engineering? Eastern vs Western patterns of elemental organization? What parts of which animals or Youkai can be extracted to perform which spells, following an extermination? Which must be collected while they're still alive, and which lose potency, either partially or entirely, if the donor passes on? If I was to give you a sheet of two dozen runes and say 'Circle the minimum three required to program semi-autonomous motion into a standard construct, and explain why the combination works in less than twelve hundred words', what would I get back out of you? Hm?"

".... Uh..." Tabuki awkwardly replied. "... Oh! I, um, reconfigured a wand to accept different activation and deactivation terms..."

"Heh, that's always a fun one." Mima admitted. "Not as much as changing what the thing does on someone, but an okay starting point. Still, though, a lot of what I'm saying seems to be going over your head... so you basically have no background whatsoever. That's... eh, good and bad, I guess. On the one hand, anyone that teaches you'll basically have to start right from scratch. On the other, they won't have to spend a few months beating any flawed background out of your head before they can get started on that..."

"... I see. Then you're not interested at all?"

"Hey, now, I wouldn't go that far, kid." Mima replied. "Some bad points, but some good points... it more or less levels out. I'm not really jumping for joy at the prospect, but I guess you have enough going for you in some ways that it wouldn't be a total waste of my time. Just gotta make it worth my while."

Mima stretched and looked at the ceiling for a moment, then shrugged.

"Eh, I guess it could work out. Not like I have a whole lot else going on at the moment, so... you do stuff for me, and I'll teach you a little here and there as payment. That fair enough? Hey, warden, paper and pen here~"

The woman snorted lightly, but after a moment's rummaging in her pockets, she tossed a folded bit of parchment and a quill pen, with a small pot of ink. Mima caught them easily, and after a moment drifted down to set the equipment on the ground as she scribbled slowly at the paper, then nodded. Shifting back up, she folded it over again, and started to hand it off to Tabuki before the warden cleared her throat, loudly and sternly. Shrugging, Mima handed the bit of paper over.

The warden looked at it for a moment, then frowned. Then she reached.... into and through the paper somehow, pinching something and drawing out... a spectral fragment of green energy, wriggling and thrashing in her grasp.

"... Really, Mima?" The warden said dourly, and the ghostly woman chuckled wryly as she flicked the bit of her essence she'd tried to smuggle out back into the sealing circle, where it floated to and rejoined the main mass.

"Eheh... you caught me." She admitted. "I had to try, of course."

"It was only expected." The warden half-agreed. Mima's grin went fixed and brittle as, with no thought to privacy, the warden opened the letter and casually scrutinized every word written down. After a long moment, she nodded and folded it back up, handing it over to Tabuki. "It seems to be in order, I noted nothing suspicious in the phrasing or structure to suggest a code."

"... Geeze... what do you guys think I am...?" Mima grumbled.

"You are a high-priority escape risk." The warden answered flatly. "Security measures can only be expected."

Mima grumbled softly to herself before turning back to her visitor.

"So, that's a letter to my old pupil. It's... a little personal, I guess, but we're kind of short on sealed envelopes here. I'll just have to ask you not to read it. Anyway, deliver that to her, then speak with me again, and I'll teach you something nice! Sweet deal, huh?"

---

[ ] It is a nice deal, and for hardly any real work. Take the offer.
[ ] No dice. Payment up-front only.

Once outside-

[ ] Read the letter.
[ ] Do not read the letter.
>> No. 143985
[X] It is a nice deal, and for hardly any real work accept.
[x] Read the letter.

I wonder what's in the letter.
>> No. 143986
[x] No dice. Payment up-front only.
[x] Do not read the letter.

I'm curious, but the polite thing to do is ask the recipient what it's about.
>> No. 143987
[ ] It is a nice deal, and for hardly any real work. Take the offer.
[x] Do not read the letter

I'm guessing there is some kind of code that the Warden couldn't notice, and probably only Marisa can understand it.

But then again, there may be nothing important either. We just need to push our way upwards the surface now.
>> No. 143988
[x] It is a nice deal, and for hardly any real work. Take the offer.
[x] Do not read the letter.

Seems harmless enough, but do warn that it may take a while if the intended recipient is on the surface.
>> No. 143989
>>Seems harmless enough, but do warn that it may take a while if the intended recipient is on the surface.

Indeed, and with Cirno and Sunny Milk up there, if Tabuki makes the trip she may need to bring a bribe (booze). It also gives Tabuki the chance to collapse the tunnels to Cirno's territory, and since Satori already confirmed that there is nothing of worth above them, we don't have to worry about fucking anything up in the process.

[X] It is a nice deal, and for hardly any real work. Take the offer.
[X] Do not read the letter.
[X] Make plans for a three day excursion to the surface (where you're going to exit/enter from, who you're taking with you, who you need to see to find Marisa, that sort of stuff).
[X] Collapse the entrance to Cirno's territory.
>> No. 143990
[x] Read the letter.
[X] It is a nice deal, and for hardly any real work accept.

We want to know what we're accepting.
>> No. 143991
>>143990

But we do know what we are accepting on doing! TO deliver a letter!
>> No. 143993
[x] It is a nice deal, and for hardly any real work. Take the offer.
[x] Do not read the letter.

You guys seem to be forgetting something here. This is Mima we're talking about. She's going to know what we're doing with the letter, one way or another. Best not to take the chance. Besides, Marisa could always read it to us if possible.
>> No. 143995
[x] It is a nice deal, and for hardly any real work. Take the offer.
[x] Do not read the letter
>> No. 143997
Oh fuck, I just realized, Meira wants to fight those who invaded Makai. Hello Marisa/Reimu Vs. Meira fight. Yeah, it may be in Tabuki's best interest to leave Meira behind for this delivery (not that Tabuki would know that part). Hmm, Tabuki should collapse the tunnels leading to Cirno's territory at any rate. Anyways, I think Tabuki should finish up 'invading' the reactor area to make it part of her territory, and then having Nitori act as a tourguide for the surface in order for Tabuki to find Marisa to deliver the letter. With Meira acting as General while Tabuki/whoever-else is doing their delivery service, Tabuki's territory won't be under the threat of imminent attack and conquest with Meira unable to do anything.
>> No. 144000
what you guys don't seem to realize is that mima needs tabby a hell of a lot more than tabby needs mima, are we really going to let the one behind bars dictate the rules for this little encounter?

tabby has a perception of 1, so we need to watch her back for her

[X]no dice, payment up front
[x]draw up a magically binding contract, dictating exactly what mima will be teaching, and for what price, explain that the contract is only for schooling, so there should be no problem if there is some ridiculously hilarious punishment if mima fails to uphold her end of the bargain.
[x]don't even touch the letter. Remind the warden of the dangerous and unpredictable nature of this particular inmate and ask her to recopy the letter ON A DIFFERENT PIECE OF PAPER, IN HER OWN WORDS, IN A DIFFERENT ROOM FROM MIMA, eliminating any chance of a code being used, or undetectable enchantments on the paper.

I may be being a bit paranoid, but i'll be damned if it my fault we get "LOL NEVER TRUST PRISONERS" being the lesson mima teaches tabby
>> No. 144001
>>144000
Hahaha no. We need her to teach us. We are a chance, but she doesn't owe us anything, nor does she have a reason to trust us. We go hardball, and she says Hahaha No dice.

Take the deal, don't read the letter. We can ask for a contract when she has a reason to like/consider us useful.
>> No. 144003
>>144000
You make it seem like Mima's never talked to a mage after she got into prison.

Seriously though, You should remember that Mima most likely doesnt even NEED to stay in this cell. The fact that you're trying to demand something from someone who can easily kill us... well, You must be fucking retarded.

Oh. Wait. /th/. My mistake. Carry on.
>> No. 144005
>>144003
>Oh. Wait. /th/. My mistake. Carry on.

Could you please stop that? Just because some people come up with bad ideas, doesn't mean that the whole board is stupid.
>> No. 144006
>>144005
Indeed, just most of it.
>> No. 144008
>>144006
The only smart people here are pretty much all the writefags, give or take a few just plain fags, and a small portion of Anonymous.
>> No. 144014
File 131114323211.jpg - (106.94KB , 650x918 , f26089666cfbaa62a103ff70ebb27d671c7729ec.jpg ) [iqdb]
144014
"That seems... very reasonable, actually." Tabuki said, slightly nonplussed. "I... to be honest, I had expected that you would have me off hunting rare artifacts and endangering some species of wildlife or other for some reason, before I saw any return."

"Well, we could do that too." Mima allowed. "And if you'd gone with the normal, kiss-ass way of trying to get my attention, I probably would have, just to make you work for it and think you had a chance, before shooting you down. Had enough of that way back when I was still fleshy. But, eh... prison. There's not much I'm going to be doing with anything while I'm in here, so I'm getting nothing out of it but your tears. And delicious as they may be, I'm not really in the mood right now."

"I... see? Well then, delivering a letter in exchange for a lesson. That seems like a fair deal..."

The next words spilled out of her mouth without her realization, and she felt a subtle coil of magic tie itself about her as they were given voice.

"... It's a Compact."

A strange look flickered over Mima's face for a moment, before she smirked, and Tabuki had the good grace to turn her eyes away for a moment, abashed.

"... I should probably have mentioned that, come to think of it." She admitted.

"Nah, nah. It's just been.... a long time since I missed seeing something like that coming." Mima replied good-naturedly, as Tabuki collected the letter. "You might be slightly more interesting than I first thought~"

"There might be some delay before I can negotiate passage to the surface." Tabuki admitted. "Currently, the majority of the two paths upward I have easy access to are held by enemy forces, I'll have to come to an agreement with one of them or find another way up. And I'll have to do some favor for Satori in order to earn entry here again..."

"Hey, don't sweat the details." Mima said, waving it off. "Anyway, unless she's moved since I ended up here, you should find her in the Forest of Magic. Good luck, kid~"

"I trust your business has concluded?" The warden said, dryly.

"Yeah, yeah, don't get all snippy. Back in the box I go."

Mima waved cheekily before dispersing into a soft green glow as the... mechanical containment thing, whatever it might be called, ground slowly shut, then crackled with electricity as it sealed itself. Tabuki noticed after a moment that the internal volume of the thing could only be, at very most, possibly half enough to fit a woman of the size Mima presented herself as, once let out. She couldn't imagine it was comfortable, but then, for those lacking actual form and substance, it might not be so large of an issue. The warden saw her out after running a quick, but thorough, check on the containment. Once outside, the Oni slowly heaved the door closed, Orin stirring from a nap at the grinding noise.

"Mm... Time t'go already? Hop in..." she said, struggling to hide the yawn.

Tabuki fought the urge to read the letter for herself as they returned to the city, world blurring around them with Orin's speed, complaints issued from canine sources as ignored as they were the first time they passed through.

---

Survivor: upon acquiring the Battle Scarred trait a third time, a unit gains the Survivor trait. It confers all benefits of three separate battle scarrings, and in addition, the unit in question always counts as one rank higher than its actual rank, for purposes of determining HP and damage.

War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Letter
47 silvers

New scouting report: FC/OH 2

Zombie Fairies(a) x4 HP 22, Damage 5-6
Lingering Spirit x2 HP 12, Damage 2-4
Lingering Spirit(a) x2 HP 18, Damage 3-6
Fire Wisp x2 HP 8 Damage 7-10(fire)
Melee Mook x3 HP 10, damage 1-2
Danmaku Mook x3 HP 10, damage 1-2
MM?1 (a?) HP 24, damage 8-9 [BSx3 Survivor]
MM?2 HP 10, damage 1-2? [Necrophobe]
DM?1 HP 10, damage 1-2? [Necrophobe]
DM?2 HP 10, damage 1-2? [Necrophobe]


[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
-- [ ] Meira
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select up to 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---[ ] If Emerald, stats increase: +5 base hp, base damage = 2d4+2, no reset of rank.
---[ ] Else: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
(From here down, if chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.)
- [ ] Beryl "Feary"
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] 'MMM'
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit the Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit the Clothes Shop.
[ ] Visit the Metalworker's.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Other options currently unavailable.
Note: Selection begins with diplomacy phase with selected Leader. If successful, and events on surface stretch for longer than 1 day, either further actions must have been prepared in advance to the strictest detail before leaving, or a temporary leader must be selected and given a set of guidelines for war actions, else no actions will be made in Tabuki's absence.
>> No. 144034
By the way Kahi, could you post where each fairy is stationed? Most are specified (Working Fairies, Royal Maids, etc), but those who we let you choose where to put them are unkown.
>> No. 144044
>>144033
We do need to buy some uniforms for the fairies working at Yuugi's bar though (as that helps us get more cash to buy weapons and shit for the rest of our forces), and when we do get to the surface we need a guide to get us where we want to go (meaning we need to figure out who to take us there, and what they'll want in return).

So if we're going to talk to someone, it needs to be someone who can help us figure out who to talk to (Satori or Yuugi sound like the best bets there) for them to act as our guide, and we do need to make a basic purchase for the uniforms.
>> No. 144047
>>144034

Unless I fucked something up SPECTACULARLY, then this is what it is.

Soldiers
Danmaku Mooks base 10, 1d2

*A-
B- necrophobe, Beryl/Feary, [WF]
*C-
*D-
*E-(SEC)
F- [WF](NEC)
G-VIII(VIII)
H-FCP(FCP)
I-FNEC(SWC)
J-NEC(TIII2)
K- [RM](ONIBAR)
L- TIII1(TIII1)
M-IX(IX)
N- IV(IV)
O- (FCOH1)

Melee Mooks base 10, 1d2

*A-
*B-
*C-
*D-
E- [RM](SEC)
F- NWC (NWC)
G- [RM](NEC)
H-[WF](VIII)
I-[RM](FNEC)
J- [WF](FCP)
K-SWC(SWC)
L-[WF](TIII2)
M- necrophobe, [RM](ONIBAR)
N- TIII2(TIII1)
O- SEC(IX)
*P- (IV)
Q- (FCOH1)

Fire Flingers base 10, 1d3+2

A-(NWC)
B-(FNEC)

Zombie Fairies Base 15, 1d2+2
A- Deady
B- Dead2
C-Newdead

Lost Spirit Base 12, 1d3+1
A-

(X)- unit home territory
[X]- Group assignation
X- area stationed
>> No. 144051
Hmmm...

[x]Talk to...
-[x]Orin
--[x]She's been to the surface now and then, right? Buy her a drink at Yuugi's and find out what she knows; stuff like the easiest ways up, general layout, stuff to watch out for, and while it's a long shot, possible trade opportunities(There has to be something the folks on the surface would want, though failing that Yuugi has mentioned surface drinks are at a premium down here, so that's something for the way back, at least).

-[x]Seeing as you're already at Yuugi's...
--[x]Set up Brawl training for Emerald and three of the MMs

[x]Time permitting, try to stop at the clothing shop on the way back to the palace, if only to get a rough estimate on the uniforms. I don't trust the toy shop to have proper outfits for this sort of thing.

Should probably get cracking at that big pile of books some time, but I suppose that'll wait until some more of the preparatory measures have been taken care of.
>> No. 144055
Let's make a quick list of things here, and figure out what to vote for based on what the list holds.

The uniforms are the big thing here. Those get Tabuki a shitload more cash to spend as time goes on, and that in turn gets us the rest of the shit we need. THAT should be our first priority.

If we could get Orin to take us to the surface and The Forest Of Magic, that would be the best option, but Orin would want something in return for something like that. Barring that, Yuugi would only know that Suika is generally hanging out with the Shrine Maiden, and wouldn't really know who to ask to be tourguide for us. Satori might know more basic details, but at the same time she likely wouldn't know who you should ask to be Tourguide. I wouldn't trust Sunny Milk or Cirno's forces to act as tourguides PERIOD. Nitori would be a decent tourguide, but she might not know where exactly Marisa lives in the FoM (though it's said you can find it in the air, which means flying is probably going to be one of those things Tabuki is going to need to learn pretty soon here).

Hmm, Emerald should stay and train, and depending on how much cash is left, however many fairies you can pay for as well for training.

Books can be skipped at the moment. Knowing in Marisa, Tabuki will probably have to go along with her and steal some from the SDM or something.

Surface Drinks would be a major trade item if Tabuki can bring them back, and considering the gems and shit that are not considered worth much in the Underground, Tabuki might be able to bribe Orin with the offer of traded Booze and whatnot. It's possible Tabuki could act as an intermediary for trade between the Underground and the Surface. That alone would make Tabuki's territory worth a LOT to the other Fairies if they ever learn of how Tabuki is using it.

>>144033 has some good ideas on the war plans. I think that asking Emerald to train should also go along with the promise of a "Reward" for good effort afterwards.
>> No. 144057
>>144055
>144033 has some good ideas on the war plans.

Why, thank you! Unfortunatly, I had to delete it. Checking >>144047, my plan would leave some territories unguarded, and we would lose them, along with some fighting force. Plus, I'm still not sure if trainning first is indeed a good idea.

Coming up with something else now. It won't be much different, just, corrected.
>> No. 144059
Let's make this simpler.

[x] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
-- [x] Brawl Training (select up to 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
-- [x] Emerald, and four MM with no exp gained.
-[x] The four oni.
-[x] Sakura.

[x] War plans.
-[x] Keep territory units on their place.
-[x] Add the lowest exp units to cover any empty territories.
-[x] Meira, Deady and Dead2, invade South Tunnels Fork. Focus on enemy Zombies first.
-[x] Everyone else invades North Tunnels Fork. Focus on enemy Zombies first.
>> No. 144060
>>144059
>(select up to 4, costs 5 silvers/each)
>Emerald, and four MM with no exp gained.

That's five...
>> No. 144077
[x]>>144059
>> No. 144085
Indeed, we need those uniforms. UNIFORMS = MORE CASH TO SPEND.

We also need to give Emerald the stat increase, as we're not likely to see it again if we DON'T take it.

Kahi, can you give us a day or so to work out our votes here?
>> No. 144094
>>144085

Yes, but the problem is, we can't have both things at the same time. We need to choose which one to do first, and shit will have a significant impact on the next moves.

If trainning comes first, we get stronger fairies earlier, but keep the current income longer. However, we may advance further into the Fire Chambers, clearing the way to nitori faster, and preparing our army to the invetable clash with rival forces.

If the uniforms come first, we increase our income immediatly, which will help to buy equipment and to train more fairies. We slow our advances toward Nitori, and postpone class upgrades a few turns. Class upgrades may be balanced out by equipment, though, and we can fix Meira's sword earlier. Expansion toward the FCs will take longer, but we can finish capturing the Undergroun City areas, take parsee's bridge (we WILL have to take it, sooner or later). Only problem, though, is if we can't afford the uniforms right now.

[x] Visit the Toy shop
[x] War Plans
-[x] Keep stationed units at the same place as they are.
-[x] Add the lowest exp units to cover any empty territories. FFs, Undeads, the LS, Meira and Emerald aren't subjected to this
-[x] Meira, Deady, Dead2, and the Lost Spirit invade South Tunnels Fork. Focus on enemy Zombies first.
-[x] Everyone else invades North Tunnels Fork. Focus on enemy Zombies first.

I'm changing my vote (>>144061) to this now. Changed where to invade, the casualties for taking FC/OH 2 will be too great.
>> No. 144096
[x]>>144094

That's sounds good. The war plans are the same for everybody, but the toy shop has more benefits.
>> No. 144103
>>144094
>>144055

You provide good points. It's nice to see more people enjoying the story and participating. This is a good story, and it deserves more readers/voters.

That said, I've rethinked my previous position. Getting the uniforms seems to be the best, for a long term plan, but should also give early reulsts.

Alright, deleting first vote, >>144058, to follow >>144094
>> No. 144104
read:

[X]Iron Apprentice of Celiniof
[X]Nano-medication
-[x]collaborate with Nitori to make fairy robots

gotta make bold decisions if you want some of the advanced fairy classes
>> No. 144113
>>142475
>let's make it five silvers each, and I'll only take groups of at least four at a time

Shouldn't we be able to train more than four units, not up to four?

Also, we should ask people about other ways to the surface. Being able to use the geyser center's elevator would be a big help.
>> No. 144179
File 131160808179.png - (328.66KB , 850x637 , sample_6ce5900b6bccca6ea1502bcb41ac93e09f7fdec6.png ) [iqdb]
144179
Okay, see, I didn't even notice that. And according to my notes, they're both wrong. Those have it as 'multiples of four', weirdly enough. I look at it, and I'm thinking 'that's not what I thought that was at all'. I might have decided to change it at some point without ever getting around to actually changing it, though.

Not entirely sure how I glanced at notes before writing something important twice and got it wrong both times, but there y'go. I may have been just minutes away from being asleep, or something. Anyway, fixing Brawl training, both are wrong, not sure about the actual bit scribbled in notes, so...

-- [x] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.

There we go, that seems a lot more like what I planned on. No 'up to' or 'at least' or 'multiples of', just a flat four in one shot. Good.

Anyway, looks like a plan consensus has come in, I'll get right on that.
>> No. 144182
>>144179

Hooray!

Also, funny how even Kahi is being tricked by this story.
>> No. 144214
File 131172451341.jpg - (631.31KB , 849x797 , sample_2f358f809551bed51b71df00cd14845b4f9e1d6a.jpg ) [iqdb]
144214
It was about time, she'd decided, that she finished staking her claim to the immediate surroundings of the Underground City. She was worried, initially, that the severely lopsided balance of numbers in the assault parties might suggest she thought little of the majority of her troop's competence, but the fact remained that Meira was easily worth a number of fairies on the field, despite that it was difficult for her not to fatally injure the unaligned fairies she struck out against. For the most part, anyway. Still, it didn't seem that any of them had been irritated enough by the potential snub to speak out against it, though it was possible they simply hadn't noticed.

For her part, she'd taken the map and worked her way through the puzzlingly irregular layout of the Underground City's streets until she'd found the entrance to the Toy Shop, a colorfully painted and yet somehow... grungy and dim-looking building. There was not only no large storefront window to display goods, there were no windows at all, leaving Tabuki to simply trust that this was, in fact, the correct place, suppose that they relied on repeat business rather than attracting new customers, and enter quietly through a smaller, secondary door, which seemed to have been placed there specifically as a courtesy to fairies.

It was actually well lit inside, and a bell rang as she stepped through the door. She took a moment to look around, taking in the racks of puppets and toy trains, tin soldiers set up on a table in a re-enactment of some battle or other, and delicate porcelain dolls decked in ornate dresses and imitation jewelry. She wasn't quite sure how to feel about looking at those last, but turned away after a moment.

"Un Momento, por favor..." A gruff voice called out from a door in the back, through which she could hear the shifting of wood against wood, and an occassional thump.

She waited patiently, and after a moment a man stepped through, wiping at his brow and face before returning his spectacles to the bridge of his nose, blinking slowly at her, seeming to appraise her for a moment. His hair and beard were short, but thick and shaggy, and his clothes were dark, and hung loose about his stocky frame, and he wore a necklace of polished claws and pointy teeth openly. After a moment, he spoke.

"Hola, senorita. Mi nombre es Pedro, y est..."

He paused again, then blinked.

"... Ah, forgive me." He continued, in a comprehensible tongue. "At times, I lapse into the speech of my homelands. My name is Pedro, and this is my humble establishment. Is there anything I might be able to do for you, miss?"

"Yes. I find myself in search of certain items. To be precise, I seek uniforms." Tabuki said, initiating the encounter simply. "In specific, for house- and bar- maids, sized for fairies approximately of my dimensions. Do you have any in stock?"

"... I believe I may have some small number of items which may suit your needs." Pedro answered after a moments thought, stroking his beard slightly. "If you will wait a moment?"

Tabuki nodded, and he swept back into the stockroom, and she heard a rummaging. A minute or two passed before he returned, a smaller box in hand.

"I do indeed have suitable items, as alternate styles of clothing to a few models of dolls intended for the young girls." He said, smiling. "Two of the barmaid outfits, and three of the housemaid cut. Of course, there will have to be some alterations made to accomodate wings, should they be intended for fairy use, but that should present no great issue. It will, however, drive the price up a small amount, I am afraid."

He spoke a number, opening the box as he did, and Tabuki jerked slightly. She hadn't been quite prepared to spend so much on clothing.

"... I see..." She said simply. "Well... in addition to that, I had thought to look for suitable... well, prop weaponry, I suppose, and armor, sized similarly."

"Oh, of course miss." Pedro responded immediately. "There is actually some greater call for those, a fairy might every so often take it into their head to play games that need them, and toil for a while to earn their purchase. Of course, if they happen to fall upon misfortune somewhere out in the tunnels, or on the surface, in the course of their play, then they haven't generally been holding on to such things for long enough to bring them along and back when they go, and they're lost. Many times, in places there's some serious danger involved in just getting to, or which they can't find again, and so they must purchase from me a second time, to continue their play. Or, of course, they simply become tired of carrying the weight, set them aside for a short time, then wander off and cannot recall where they have left their toys. Such is the way these things go."

He was gone for far less time, and returned carrying buckets of jangling metal and heavy, thick leather and cloth. He named prices again, and Tabuki frowned.

---

Current price listing and inventory.

Clothes

2 Barmaid Uniforms- 14 silvers each. +1 silvers/day wage when worn and working in taverns or bars. Continual wear switches fairy to Bar Wench class, wage rises with level when working in taverns or bars.
3 Housmaid Uniforms- 14 silvers each. +1 silvers/day wage when worn and performing household duties. Continual wear switches fairy to Maidservant class, wage rises with level when working as a maid.

Weapons
6 pot-metal swords- 10 silvers each. +2 damage. Equip: Mook(melee), Knight, [unknown classes]
6 pot-metal rods- 10 silvers each. 2H. +2 damage. Equip: Mook, Fire Flinger, Witch, [unkown classes]
3 pot-metal spears- 15 silvers each. 2H. +3 damage. Equip: Mook(melee, vet+), Knight, [unknown classes]
2 pairs Leather Gloves- 8 silvers each. +1 damage. Equip: Mook(melee), Brawler, [unknown classes]
2 pairs pot-metal Gauntlets- 15 silvers each. +2 damage. Equip: Mook(melee), Brawler, [unknown classes]
1 pair spiky pot-metal Gauntlets- 20 silvers. +3 damage. Equip: Mook(melee), Brawler, [unknown classes]

Armor
12 bulky paddings- 8 silvers each. +3 hp, -1 damage. Equip: All but Brawler, [unknown classes]
3 Leather vests- 12 silvers each. +3 hp. Equip: All but Brawler, [unknown classes]
1 Spider-silk robe- 25 silvers each. +5 hp. Equip: All
1 pot-metal breastplate- 25 silvers each. +6 hp. Equip: All melee but Brawler, [unknown classes]
1 pot-metal plate- 60 silvers each. +10 hp. Equip: Knight, [unkown classes]
6 pot-metal shields- 10 silvers each, +2 hp. Equip: Mook(melee), Knight, [unkown classes]


---

[ ] Leave well enough alone, select your purchases at the current prices.(Current available silvers- 47)
[ ] Try to haggle Pedro down. [Cha/Int]
[ ] Inspect the goods closely for flaws. [Int/Per/Luk]
[ ] Try some other tactic. [Write-in]
>> No. 144215
File 131172464359.png - (19.05KB , 338x439 , Undergroundmap.png ) [iqdb]
144215
Meira
Deady
Dead2
LSA

vs

ZF1
ZF2
ZF3
MM
DM

---

Meira-25 damage to (d3=1) ZF1 (KO), 25 damage to (d2=1) ZF2 (KO)
Deady-x
Dead2-x
LSA- 3 damage to ZF3 (12 HP)

ZF3-x
MM-x
DM- 1 damage to (d4=2) Deady (29 HP)

Meira- 15 damage to ZF3 (KO), 16 damage to (d2=1) MM (-6 HP, KO)
Deady- 8 damage to DM (2 HP)
Dead2- 5 damage to DM (-3 HP, KO)

Deady- 8 damage to DM (-11 HP, Devoured)

Victory
MM- [-6/10, d10=2] Dies.
DM = Necrophobe.
Conscripted MMR, DMP[Necro]
Bleak Aura- 1d100= 20.
Meira, Deady, Dead2, LSA, +1 Battle XP.
Dead2 Rank up avg -> vet, 2.0hp, 1d2+6 damage
Scouting [XI] Passage to tunnels VI, [XII] Passage to tunnels VII.

---

Emerald
Newdead
FF A, B
DMA, C, D, E
MMA, B, C, D, P

vs

ZF1,2
MM
DM
CS

---

Emerald-x
Newdead-x
FFA- 7 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (8hp)
FFB- 5 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (3hp)
DMA- 2 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (1hp)
DMC- 3 damage to (d2=2) ZF2 (KO)
DMD- 2 damage to ZF1 (13hp)
DME- 2 damage to ZF1 (11hp)
MMA-x
MMB-x
MMC-x
MMD-x
MMP-x

ZF1-x
MM-x
DM- 1 damage to (d13=3) FFA (14hp)
CS-x

Emerald- 7 damage to ZF1 (4hp)
Newdead- 7 damage to ZF1 (KO)
FFA- 6 damage to (d3=2) DM (4hp)
FFB- 6 damage to (d3=3) CS (4hp)
DMA- 2 damage to (d3=2) DM (2hp)
DMC- 3 damage to (d3=2) DM (KO)
DMD- 3 damage to (d2=2) CS (1hp)
DME- 1 damage to (d2=1) MM (9hp)
MMA- 5 damage to (d2=1) MM (4hp)
MMB- 5 damage to (d2=2) CS (KO)
MMC- 5 damage to MM (KO)

Victory

Conscripted MMS DMQ
Bleak Aura 1d100= 70
Loot -> 1 Squid Meat = +4 silvers
All units, +1 battle xp.
Scouting [X] Passage to Tunnels V, [XI] Passage to Tunnels VI.

>> No. 144217
[ ] Try to haggle Pedro down. [Cha/Int]

Best option at the moment. We can buy three uniforms at the moment, hopefully with this we can buy four and a glove for Emerald. Or all five uniforms.
>> No. 144222
[x] Try to haggle Pedro down. [Cha/Int]

Outside of that 1% chance a pair of 10s are rolled, it can't hurt to try. As long as you don't drive the prices up by horribly offending him somehow, grab what uniforms you can, prioritizing the Waitress outfits.

Assuming purchases are made and an opportunity for idle chit-chat arises(likely while adjustments are being made), it can't hurt to mention that you might wind up making a trip to the surface at some point in the next couple of weeks, and if there's anything you can keep an eye out for. There are already a few leads for imports(drinks/fresh produce), but it'd help to be aware of as many possibilities as you can dig up.

Also, on future days it might be prudent to ask any Fairies not holding down a front to keep an eye out for any dropped gear from previous wars. They probably won't find anything this close to the Palace, but it can't hurt to check. Lord only knows Tabuki's not going to spot them herself without some sort of metal detector spell...

Hmm, might be prudent to flip through some of the low-to-mid end physics books for Magnetism, might pay off in the future.

On that note, does the book list have every potentially useful book on it, or did the failed Perception roll keep some of the good ones off in addition to adding in junk?

Bleh, probably overthinking things. Gonna give this a rest before I make this pile of questions/notes any larger.
>> No. 144223
[x] Try to haggle Pedro down. [Cha/Int]
[x] Inspect the goods closely for flaws. [Int/Per/Luk]

No reason why we cant do both.
>> No. 144224
We still have to see what the metalworker can offer us. No reason not to get the best weapons from the begining.
Except uh, price. I propose we buy all uniforms now and then save for the good weapons... while asking the fairies to look out for useful stuff.

[x] Try to haggle Pedro down. [Cha/Int]
>> No. 144225
Also, Can we get an update on the chest and how much money we got?
>> No. 144226
[x] Try to haggle Pedro down. [Cha/Int]
[x] Inspect the goods closely for flaws. [Int/Per/Luk]

I don't know how the [Cha/Int] works, but if possible, rely more on the Int...
>> No. 144228
[x] Try to haggle Pedro down. [Cha/Int]
[x] Inspect the goods closely for flaws. [Int/Per/Luk]

Both. And pray for the best.
>> No. 144229
>>144225
>Also, Can we get an update on the chest and how much money we got?

>>144214
>[ ] Leave well enough alone, select your purchases at the current prices.(Current available silvers- 47)

>>144014
War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Letter
47 silvers

>>144215
>Loot -> 1 Squid Meat = +4 silvers
>> No. 144232
>>144226
>>144228
Why choose both? It's entirely possible that failing a check has negative consequences (now I'm giving Kahi ideas)
I mean, the first one is bad enough (10% to win) but the second? That's about 1%!
>> No. 144233
>>144232
Why would a store owner get angry that someone's checking to see if their items are legit, again? If they stop, or get angry at the customer, that's one customer gone, and I'm assuming Pedro doesnt exactly get many new customers.
>> No. 144234
>>144233

But the customers he has tend to visit him again.

>I don't know how the [Cha/Int] works, but if possible, rely more on the Int...

We've had those double rolls before (see Yuugi). Both stats are rolled and influence the result.

>Loot -> 1 Squid Meat = +4 silvers

Wait, did the squid meat become money instantly? We don't need to visit Yuugi again to sell them?
>> No. 144235
Going by when Yuugi was haggled down(and the explanation after), *any* successes on a series of rolls will lower the price, while regular failures won't cause any changes either way. The subject of critical failures wasn't brought up, but I'd imagine they'd have negative consequences.

So as long as a bunch of 10s aren't rolled, it really wouldn't hurt to try.
>> No. 144236
Explanation of loot.

The fairies are, right now, killing things. The report is 'how things turned out', only your getting it now because I roll it in advance, since if things go really sour, that can affect other things that have to be taken into account.

In short, you don't have the money from selling the squid until the fairies have actually killed it and hauled it to Yuugi's, but with the deal set up with her they'll do that automatically. It'll be added to what's available along with wages, at the end of the day, but that's 'money you don't have yet'.
>> No. 144237
>>144233
Also I think most of the stuff he has in terms of equipment are second hand, so a check wouldn't be too bad of an idea.
>> No. 144238
>>144237

It's a toy shop. What did you expect?
>with the deal set up with her they'll do that automatically. It'll be added to what's available along with wages, at the end of the day

Bonus money without needing to spend a social action for it? Sweet, man.
>> No. 144247
>>144238
I wasn't complaining, but rather explaining why checking for flaws wouldn't be too out of hand.
>> No. 144285
>>144247

Oh right. I knew that. Really.
>> No. 144485
Last update was during the last month. ;_;
>> No. 144492
File 131231741174.png - (62.80KB , 578x547 , 7fb5b4c0bbcc65ed18420c818b7bba6eb2e9098c.png ) [iqdb]
144492
Not going into details, but on a general note, I'll just say that vomiting is not fun.

Anyway, called, looks like a tie, but since the two options go more or less hand in hand and there's no real penalty to making the attempt this time, I'll just go ahead with the one with both options. And I'll just throw up the numbers...

Cha/Int 6/8

Int/Per/Luk 3/8/1

Not bad, everything considered. Not the best, but that was an incredibly long shot to begin with.
>> No. 144497
File 131232288896.png - (16.74KB , 500x500 , Broken_Spear.png ) [iqdb]
144497
"... That sounds like the sort of price you would expect to pay for these brand new, and I suspect these are at best secondhand goods." Tabuki mused aloud. "May I take a closer look?"

"But of course, Senorita." Pedro affirmed, carefully spilling the weapons out and arranging them across the counter. "Though many of these goods are indeed used, they are of the highest quality, such that I have no misgivings about their worth, but feel free to assuage your own misgivings."

"Er... yes." she mumbled as she stepped forward, taking a closer look at the equipment that was available.

The rods were, in essence, just metal sticks, all identical to the others. There were some clearly obvious dents and scratches against them, but every individual one seemed perfectly sturdy and able to deliver a solid blow to someone's skull without coming apart. The swords were somewhat more interesting. No two were exactly alike, the one had a slight curve and a single edge, where the other might be straight with a groove down the center and two edges, or a third might have a distinct roundness to the part of the blade nearest the guard. They were, however, all of a similar size and apparent weight. In addition, however, some had a problem that was common to more than a few of the wares displayed...

"Sir, a number of these have begun to rust and will need hours of polishing to remove it before I can justify their use." She pointed out, dryly.

"Hours? Nonsense." Pedro denied. "It's just the barest dusting beginning to show, why a quick rubbing will remove it as though it were never there. Here, I'll demonstrate..."

Pedro delicately lifted a single sword, tugging a handkerchief from a pocket, and breathed heavily on the blade before setting in to polish. After a moment, he pulled it out of the cloth to inspect his efforts, and seeing the speckling of rust still remaining, he frowned and redoubled them. After several fruitless minutes, as his scowl grew, Tabuki coughed sharply to interrupt his attempt.

"... You may be correct." the shopkeeper admitted. "Maintenance of such things is not my specialty, I suppose I may have slightly underestimated its ease."

"Fortunately, none of these seem damaged enough to require special equipment or procedures, or to have affected anything aside from their appearance." Tabuki admitted in turn, and Pedro brightened up slightly.

"Indeed, indeed Senorita. Quality goods, as I said, yes? These spears, for examp-"

There was a sharp snapping noise as Pedro lifted one of the fairy-sized spears, and Pedro looked positively gobsmacked as the top half splintered away from the bottom.

"... Ah. How... very, very embarrassing. I seem to have..."

"Wait, I smell something odd." Tabuki interjected, as she squatted down next to the top half of the spear, peering at the break. She rubbed her fingers softly against it, then scraped with a fingernail and frowned, bringing it up to sniff at the odor. "... Some sort of dried adhesive. Someone else broke this, then neatly fitted it back together with a temporary measure and sold it, rather than fix it properly. They did it very well though... I didn't notice the crack at all."

"Ah... how unfortunately typical." Pedro replied somberly, expression darkening for a few moments. "Many, many apologies Senorita, in most cases I notice these things myself, but it seems that I missed this instance. Perhaps I should go over the stock in more detail, before we continue.

Tabuki nodded and stepped back, and Pedro leaned down to look closely at the assembled mass of equipment. Most of it passed muster, after a quick inspection, but with a frown he lifted one of the sets of paddings and tugged lightly at it. Hastily made stitches stretched at the first moment, but just slightly more pressure and there was a soft pop, and it came unraveled entirely. He swept the mess aside.

"Further apologies, but let it never be said that Pedro knowingly sold trash and called it good merchandise."

Tabuki nodded and named adjusted prices that she would find more palatable. Pedro disapproved of them, naturally, but it was enough to start up a session of serious haggling, and the end result was slightly reduced prices across the board. Roughly a fifteen percent discount. Pedro had even been good enough to extend the reduction to the uniforms, whose quality was, she was forced to admit, undoubtable.

---

Current price listing and inventory

Clothes

2 Barmaid Uniforms- 14 12 silvers each. +1 silvers/day wage when worn and working in taverns or bars. Continual wear switches fairy to Bar Wench class, wage rises with level when working in taverns or bars.
3 Housemaid Uniforms- 14 12 silvers each. +1 silvers/day wage when worn and performing household duties. Continual wear switches fairy to Maidservant class, wage rises with level when working as a maid.

Weapons
6 pot-metal swords- 10 9 silvers each. +2 damage. Equip: Mook(melee), Knight, [unknown classes]
6 pot-metal rods- 10 9 silvers each. 2H. +2 damage. Equip: Mook, Fire Flinger, Witch, [unkown classes]
3 2 pot-metal spears- 15 13 silvers each. 2H. +3 damage. Equip: Mook(melee, vet+), Knight, [unknown classes]
2 pairs Leather Gloves- 8 7 silvers each. +1 damage. Equip: Mook(melee), Brawler, [unknown classes]
2 pairs pot-metal Gauntlets- 15 13 silvers each. +2 damage. Equip: Mook(melee), Brawler, [unknown classes]
1 pair spiky pot-metal Gauntlets- 20 17 silvers. +3 damage. Equip: Mook(melee), Brawler, [unknown classes]

Armor
12 11 bulky paddings- 8 7 silvers each. +3 hp, -1 damage. Equip: All but Brawler, [unknown classes]
3 Leather vests- 12 10 silvers each. +3 hp. Equip: All but Brawler, [unknown classes]
1 Spider-silk robe- 25 21 silvers each. +5 hp. Equip: All
1 pot-metal breastplate- 25 21 silvers each. +6 hp. Equip: All melee but Brawler, [unknown classes]
1 pot-metal plate- 60 51 silvers each. +10 hp. Equip: Knight, [unkown classes]
6 pot-metal shields- 10 9 silvers each, +2 hp. Equip: Mook(melee), Knight, [unkown classes]


---

[ ] Select your purchases at the current prices.(Current available silvers- 47)
[ ] Try some other tactic. [Write-in]
>> No. 144498
[x] Buy 2 barmaid uniforms, 1 housemaid uniform.

That's all the uniforms we can buy. One more coin and we could have four of them.

With the three uniforms, we have 11 silver pieces left. We can buy a single weapon or armor, preferably for Emerald, but I'd rather save the money. Next turn we will have 21~28 and can train 4 fairies with Yuugi.
>> No. 144501
[x] Try some other tactic. [Write-in]
-[x] Offer a fairy to advertise his store, and in return a discount of 4 silver on the pot-metal plate

I'm sorry, but my RPG sense says 'GET ONLY THE GOOD ITEM NOT THAT SHIT'. Feel free to ignore me though.
>> No. 144502
[x] Buy 2 barmaid uniforms, 2 housemaid uniform.
-[x] Ask for a bulk discount for buying 4 items at the same time. How much discount? 1 silver coin.
>> No. 144503
>>144501
I agree but all equipment here is shit, the metalworker's is where the good things at. Probably.
They probably are pricey as fuck, so we need to upgrade the moneymakers before that.
>> No. 144507
>>144501
>pot metal plate
>Equip: Knight, [unkown classes]

We can't use that. We don't have any knight fairy, nor do we know anyone who can teach them become knights.
>> No. 144509
read:

[X]Rune of Doom
[X]Principles of Semiconductor Devices

[X]spend a few hours the next day deconstructing your light wand to see how it works, and attempt to enchant a sword and shield to create an elite runeknight fairy

Don't mind me, just continuing my crusade to get secret classes
>> No. 144514
>>144507
Crossover with the Knight story and we've got our trainer.
>> No. 144525
[x] Buy 2 barmaid uniforms, 2 housemaid uniform.
-[x] Ask for a bulk discount for buying 4 items at the same time. How much discount? 1 silver coin.
--[x] If ^ is no, commence 2 barmaid 1 housemaid plan and save 11 coins.
>> No. 144570
[x] Buy 2 barmaid uniforms, 1 housemaid uniform.

just finished reading the whole thing great story Kahi now if you will excuse me I'm going to bed it's 3 AM here.
>> No. 144702
[x] Buy 2 barmaid uniforms, 2 housemaid uniform.
-[x] Ask for a bulk discount for buying 4 items at the same time. How much discount? 1 silver coin.
--[x] If ^ is no, commence 2 barmaid 1 housemaid plan and save 11 coins.

this but with more dakka
>> No. 144729
Kahi, are you ok? Are you still bad?
>> No. 144735
Eh, no, I'm healthy at the moment. More or less. Relatively, anyway. I'm just dreadfully behind on some things. Update will happen in the nearish future.
>> No. 144762
File 131310573879.jpg - (56.65KB , 500x822 , barmaid1.jpg ) [iqdb]
144762
"I don't suppose you have some sort of discount for bulk purchases?" Tabuki wondered aloud, turning for the moment away from the gleaming array of weaponry.

"Si, although you have already obtained a cut. If you purchase a full dozen items at once, or more, then I will reduce the final total fee a further ten percent." Pedro replied. "Have you made your selections, Senorita?"

"... Yes." She decided, after a moment's further thought. "These three, if you would."

"Very good! I shall wrap them for you. I'm afraid this is the last of my stock on the barmaid garments, however. If you require more, then I have occasional deliveries made to keep stock up, but the next will not arrive for another two weeks, and as they are something of a commonly chosen alternate apparel for one's toys, they often are purchased swiftly. If you must have them sooner, my good friend Lopez runs a clothier's shop, for the mending and stitching of new garments. It will be slightly more expensive, of course, but the extra cost is small enough a price to not be forced to wait on delays, no?"

"I'll take that into consideration..." Tabuki halfway agreed, as she set in to make payment arrangements. The state of her finances made her wince slightly as she left the store, bundle of cloth lightened as far as her ability could manage as she set off towards the palace. Midway there, she paused and glanced down a road to the side, having caught something just at the edge of her peripheral vision, but saw nothing and nobody of interest when she turned. She shook off the unusual sense of having just missed something and continued on, and the rest of the trip passed without incident.

When she woke the next morning, it was only a handful of minutes before she recieved an alarmed report that a diplomatic party from Sunny Milk's forces had just come to a halt at the edge of her territories, and demanded to speak to Tabuki 'or a Duly Appointed Representative of your Leader'.

Memories of her first foray into diplomacy rushed through her head as she thought quickly about how to handle this.

---

War Chest
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Letter
-Barmaid Uniform x2
-Housemaid Uniform
25 silvers

UPDATED report of IV-1

Negotiator [Master] x1. HP 30, Damage estimation: 3.
Witch [Veteran] x4. HP 20, Damage estimation: 12-19
-Equip: [Carved Twig] +3 damage [15-22]

New Scouting Reports

[X]- to Tunnels V
Cave Squid x4 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3
Melee Mook x2 HP 10, damage 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP 10, damage 1-2

[XI]- to Tunnels VI
Cave Squid x2 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3
Zombie Fairies x3 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Melee Mook x1 HP 10, damage 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP 10, damage 1-2

[XII]- to Tunnels VII

Zombie Fairies x5 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Melee Mook x1 HP 10, damage 1-2
Danmaku Mook x2 HP 10, damage 1-2


Diplomancy.
[ ] Pretend you didn't notice the parties arrival, continue with business as normal otherwise.
[ ] Make preparations and meet with Sunny Milk's forces.
-[ ] Sunny Milk isn't there personally, so you shouldn't have to be either. Appoint someone as your representative and give them guidelines to handle the meeting with.[Max group = 5 units]
-[ ] No, you should probably go see to this in person. [Max entourage = 4 units, disregard further personal plans for the day.]

[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though. If interacting with a war unit, unit cannot be used in war actions today.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
-- [ ] Meira
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---[ ] If Emerald, stats increase: +5 base hp, base damage = 2d4+2, no reset of rank.
---[ ] Else: Brawler- HP 16, damage 1d4, melee. Limited equip potential.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
- [ ] Beryl "Feary"
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] 'MMM'
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Meira
-- [ ] Write-in
-- [ ] Swordsmanship
-- [ ] 'Matters to settle...?' [Influence]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
- [ ] Tunnels IV area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit Pedro's Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit the Clothes Shop.
[ ] Visit the Metalworker's.
[ ] Prepare for Surface Excursion
-[ ] Through Cirno's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Through Sunny Milk's tunnels. Max entourage of four units.
-[ ] Other options currently unavailable.
>> No. 144765
-[x] Grab 3 fairies and force them into the new bar wench/housemaid outfits (MMS, DMQ, and MMR)

-[x] Change clothes in full view of the entirety of anonymous that is watching. Get old clothes washed by new housemaid(MMR).

- [x] Emerald.
-- [x] Kiss passionately and grope buttocks.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
--- [ ] Doodles on the map.
-- [x] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.

-[x] Make preparations to see Sunny Milk and then do that. (Bring A and B from Melee and A and B from Danmaku)
--[x]Find out what the rep wants
--[x]Slaughter everything if they are hostile
--[x]Be really friendly to the point it's oddly menacing
>> No. 144766
[ ] Equip Beryl and DM F with the Barmaid Uniforms. Equip MMM with the Housemaid uniform. Also, Name MMM as Melanie

[ ] Make preparations and meet with Sunny Milk's forces.
-[ ] Sunny Milk isn't there personally, so you shouldn't have to be either. Appoint someone as your representative and give them guidelines to handle the meeting with.[Max group = 5 units]
--[ ] Meira, Deady, MkII, and both FF.
---[ ] Aim for a truce/peace, but make it clear there is nothing of value to be extorted, that no tribute will be paid, and that no territories will ever been given.
---[ ] Inform them that treaties can be made, but Suny Milk herself will have to be present to discuss things with Tabuki.
---[ ] Regardless of intentions, future diplomatic meetings shall have the participation of both leaders. If Sunny does not come, they will either be ignored, or chased away.
---[ ] If they show hostility, show no fear, without losing temper. Ignore threats. If show signs that they will attack, hit them first. Kill the witches first, and do not let the Negotiator escape, if possible.
---[ ] If proposed a fight between the present parties, Meira should evaluate her chances of winning, and may accept.
---[ ] If Sunny appears, send a messenger to go fetch Tabuki.

[ ] Yuugi.
--[ ] Brawl Training (select 4, costs 5 silvers/each), selected units unusable in war actions for three days.
---[ ] Emerald and MMs F ,P and Q. Promise a reward for Emerald if she trains hard and "receives a good score in her tests". She may choose what it will be, if she desires anything in particular.
--[ ] The four oni.

[ ] War Plans.
-[x] Maintence phase: Keep everyone stationed where they are. Newly recruited DMs (P/Q) guard their spawning territories. Empty territories to be guarded by a DM with the less experience.
--[x] [Royal Maids] DMP replace DMK. DMK now guards DMP's spawning territory.
-[x] Combat phase: Everyone left attacks Passage to Tunnels I. Focus on the squids first, one target after the other.

Ok, let's see...MMs chosen to train with Yuugi are from harder to invade territories, except one, but hers is next to the Palace, so we can recapture it if we ever come to lose it. The Northeast tunnels are still unexplored.

With the brawl trainning, our fighting forces are reduce significantly, specially due to Emerald not being around anymore. Her bonus is a major buff, and we've been favoring meele over because of it. Whether this will be good agains organized armies, is a mistery.

And talking about organized armies, it seems Sunny's army is focused on range/magical combatants. This is both good and bad. Good because Meele are usually thougher than ranged. Bad because meele usually dies before reaching them. So, again, the necessity of equipment and class changes. Fortunatly, our income is higher now, and may increase even more.

Finally, Sunny Milk and the diplomatic meeting. If she is not there, Tabuki doesn't need to be either, but it would probably be politically safer for her to be there. There is a chance that Sunny is indeed there, using her light hax powers to hide her presence, but there are 5 people from Sunny, and 5 is the maximun we can send, so I'd guess she is not there. She also seems more interessed in real diplomacy (comparing to Cirno), considering she sent average ranked troops, with a Master ranked Negotiator. This either shows some desinterest from her, or she is simply being professional. Whatever it may be, it would be better for Meira to avoid trouble without showing signs of weakness/fear, and to make clear that diplomacy is better if the Leaders are both present.

Also, if Tabuki goes and a fight starts, she is forbidden from participating if Sunny isn't there.
>> No. 144799
>>144766
I'm seconding this guys vote. Especially the renaming MMM to Melanie part. Some of these abreviations are too damn easy to forget at times.
>> No. 144853
[ ] Equip Beryl and DM F with the Barmaid Uniforms. Equip MMM with the Housemaid uniform. Also, Name MMM as Melanie
[ ] Make preparations and meet with Sunny Milk's forces.
-[ ] No, you should probably go see to this in person. [Max entourage = 4 units, disregard further personal plans for the day.]
-[ ] Take Meira, LS, Deady, and MkII

[ ] War Plans:
-[x] Maintence phase: Keep everyone stationed where they are. Newly recruited DMs (P/Q) guard their spawning territories. Empty territories to be guarded by a DM with the less experience.
--[x] [Royal Maids] DMP replace DMK. DMK now guards DMP's spawning territory.
-[x] Combat phase: Everyone left attacks Passage to Tunnels I. Focus on the squids first, one target after the other.




Not attending the meeting is bad idea. We don't have anyone with the same perspective and plans as Tabuki, and no one is trained in Politics/Diplomacy. We also have better control over what will happen.
>> No. 144899
>>144853
>>Not attending the meeting is bad idea. We don't have anyone with the same perspective and plans as Tabuki, and no one is trained in Politics/Diplomacy. We also have better control over what will happen.

This is true. Since I can't get the damn post ( >>144799 ) to delete, I'm changing my vote to this instead.

>>Also, if Tabuki goes and a fight starts, she is forbidden from participating if Sunny isn't there.

This is where Tabuki really needs to start fucking with the loopholes in the rules and whatnot. The question is how Tabuki can do so without breaking those rules.
>> No. 144963
File 131361958887.jpg - (208.12KB , 750x900 , Negotiator.jpg ) [iqdb]
144963
"Meira, with me. Get the two stronger zombies and the ghost, as well." Tabuki instructed quickly. "Emerald, I'm leaving the attack today to you." Tabuki took a breath and rattled of a list of soldiers. "Take them along. It should be more than enough to overwhelm the opposition."

Emerald nodded and stretched, yawning, before she headed off. In the meantime, Tabuki took a moment to stop in and inspect the new recruits, and from there made a couple personnel switches before heading off.

"Plan?" Meira asked quickly, as they traveled.

"If it comes to blows, try to capture the negotiator." Tabuki decided quickly. "I can't interfere unless Sunny Milk arrives on the battlefield in person... probably a good thing, I'm still not in full health yet. I don't... really have any particularly politically minded or charismatic fairies in my army that I know of, though, so showing up myself is the next best thing. Oh, also, be sure to take out the witches fast, if a fight breaks out. They can't take blows particularly well, but their assault magic hits hard."

Meira nodded.

"... There was an odd doodle on the map for this area, that I confirmed was due to the presence of 'red stones' in the area. I doubt that there would be rubies so near the surface, but there may well be garnets in that area." Meira pointed out, after a moment's thought. "Something to consider bringing up. Although, I doubt the enemy will be willing to simply hand their territory over."

"Yes... it may be better to leave them in control of it for a while, though." Tabuki thought aloud, before shaking her head. "No more time to consider, we've almost arrived."

The negotiator's guards stood around her, each forming the corner of a wary square around their charge. She drew up a hand gracefully, not nearly a wave of cordial greeting, but neither a demand that they halt. Merely a physical gesture that she had indeed noted their arrival.

"The lady of the sun's light offers warm greetings to those who dwell beneath the cold earth." She said quietly, eyes drifting over each of Tabuki's undead in turn, lingering on Tabuki herself for a brief moment, and then turning to Meira. For just a moment, her mouth settled into a cool frown, before her face turned back to a practiced, pleasant neutrality and her focus returned to Tabuki.

"It is good that you chose to respond in person. Your respect is noted, though unfortunately my Leader's distaste for the underground runs strong enough that it cannot, sadly, be reciprocated at this time. It is understood that your diplomatic tactics are... of a unique nature. It is hoped that there will be no need to resort to such drastic techniques as were employed against she who dwells in the chill waters. It would be considered a polite gesture if, at this time, you were to offer a small token of your respect towards my Leader."

---

[ ] (write-in response)
>> No. 144965
File 13136202815.png - (9.63KB , 338x439 , TunnelsIMap.png ) [iqdb]
144965
Emerald
DMA,C,D,E
MMA,B,C,D,P
FFA, B
Newdead

vs

Cave Squid x3 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2

---

Emerald-x
DMA- 2 damage to (d3=3) CS3 (8hp)
DMC- 2 damage to CS3 (6hp)
DMD- 2 damage to CS3 (4hp)
DME- 2 damage to CS3 (2hp)
MM's-x
FFA- 7 damage to CS3 (KO)
FFB- 6 damage to (d2=2) CS2 (4hp)
ND-x

CS1-x
CS2-x
MM-x
DM- 2 damage to (d13=10) MMP (8hp)

Emerald- 5 damage to CS2 (KO)
DMA- 3 damage to CS1 (7hp)
DMC- 2 damage to CS1 (5hp)
DMD- 2 damage to CS1 (3hp)
DME- 1 damage to CS1 (2hp)
MMA- 5 damage to CS1 (KO)
MMB- 5 damage to (d2=2) DM (5hp)
MMC- 4 damage to (d2=1) MM (6hp)
MMD- 4 damage to (d2=1) MM (2hp)
MMP- 3 damage to (d2=1) MM (KO)
FFA- 6 damage to DM (KO)

Victory

Loot -> 3 Squid Meat = +12 silvers
+1 battle xp
Conscripted: MMT, DMR
Scouting: Tunnels I-1

>> No. 144967
Let's hope that Sunny has similar simple tastes... though too bad we don't have any booze around. Those three LOVE the booze.
>> No. 144968
>>144963

[x] I apologize in advance for any unintended offense or unpoliteness. We are not used to having visitors, and even in our own tunnels, there is only danger. (Motion to the zombies).
[x] It would seem you have heard of what happened when Cirno visited. While I do appreaciate you being more direct and much more polite than her, but I do wonder how you got word of the events that transpired.
[x] Unfortunatly, beyond these tunnels, there is nothing of value we could give. Our home is, as you have said, "Cold Earth", plain and simple, with no resources to explore.
[x] Althought we can not offer what you ask for, we can offer something that might be of interest, if you value words and honor promises.

Ok, so the idea here is to not give anything to them and/or make ourselves look poor and avoid conflit in the future. A Non Aggression Pact for some time, until we are ready and have a larger army. Passage for the surface is also ideal.
>>144965

Great, more Cirno. Also, is that a Copper mine I see there?
>> No. 144988
Well, assuming that meeting with the Negotiator stops the brawl training from starting(which, in turn, means we didn't just use up most of our current funds), it may be wise to motion to to move the meeting to the bar. While it's deep in what territory you have, it's more comfortable than a cave, buying a round for her and her escort might brighten their dispositions a bit, and you can pick up a couple bottles to send up to Sunny once you're done.

Thinking on it, it may be a good gesture to grab a couple for Cirno too.

Asking where she got her info from isn't necessary; I imagine the other leaders are all in fairly regular contact with each other, and a story like that is likely too interesting to keep to one's self.
>> No. 144995
>>144988

You know, turning your ideas into votes might be a good idea. I'm the only one who made a write in until now, and I am well aware of the fact that I suck at this kind of situation.
>> No. 145003
>>144965

What the heck is that thing in the danger zone?

And why is there a danger zone in the first place? Is it one of those super powered monsters that can be thought of as a Leader?
>> No. 145015
>>145003
>What the heck is that thing in the danger zone?

Family sized Cave Squid?
>And why is there a danger zone in the first place?

Because there is a huge monster eating everyone that enters the danger zone?

Hmm, we could use it as a bargainning chip when dealing with Cirno.
>> No. 145016
>>144995
Good point.

[x]Motion to move the meeting to Yuugi's. It may be deeper in your territory, but it's a great deal more comfortable than the cave, offers both refreshments and last-minute gifts, and dramatically lowers the chance you'll be interrupted by Cave Squids Of Unusual Size. If she agrees, great, buy a bottle of ale for the meeting, and a couple more to send off as a gift. If not? Oh well.

Either way, aim for a non-aggression treaty of some kind, you've got enough on your plate as it is with the darkness and the undead and the gigantic fairy eating cave squids and the blazing hells and whatnot.

If you do manage to relocate and, hopefully, get the negotiator in a good mood, try to ask about the surface. Not troop/territory dispositions or anything like that, just in general; you don't remember much from before you became self aware, after all, and you've been in the Underground ever since.
>> No. 145057
File 131385171854.jpg - (719.70KB , 2403x1536 , 2.jpg ) [iqdb]
145057
[x] I apologize in advance for any unintended offense or unpoliteness. We are not used to having visitors, and even in our own tunnels, there is only danger. (Motion to the zombies).
[x] It would seem you have heard of what happened when Cirno visited. While I do appreaciate you being more direct and much more polite than her, but I do wonder how you got word of the events that transpired.
[x] Since you seem to be a professional negotiator and have yet to threaten to kill me or everyone I love, I assure you that there's no risk of the story repeating itself.
[x] As for the gifts, there's little in the way of resources and many dangers in the underground, but I'm sure we could send, at least, a sample of the Oni's finest.
>> No. 145059
[X]read:
--[X] Ebony Demon of Sylyan
--[X] Telmswell's compendium XII: Bound and Unbound

[X] Class change your zombie fairies into the more powerful fairy soul-bender class
>> No. 145060
>>145059

Nigga, you trolling?

Anyway, about buying them a drink, this are Yuugi's ware:

Mushroom Ale- Cheap drunkenness, how lovely. May be mildly hallucinogenic.
Bottle: 5 3 silvers per bottle, individually sealed for storage and transport.
Cask: 30 20 silvers. Sealed for storage and transport.

Spidersilk wine- made with spider venom, strained through real spider silk! Follow recommended serving size, overdoses may be hazardous to your health, side-effects can include nausea, diarrhea, migraines, blindness, stroke, extended coma, heart attacks, and instant death.
Bottle: 50 40 silvers per bottle, individually sealed for storage and transport.
Cask: 300 250 silvers. Sealed for storage and transport.[/i]

We currently have 25 silver...
>> No. 145061
Shouldn't be more than 9~12 silver(1~2 for the meeting, 2 to send up), those are human/oni sized bottles, so they ought to stretch quite a bit for fairies. A good impression and a hopefully secure border is worth spending a bit of cash on.
>> No. 145062
>>145060

Oops, forgot to pust some tags there. Anyway, the list is originally on thread 2.

>>145061

Yeah, but that's for the cheap ale. Cheap things usually aren't good as diplomatic gifts, unless you're trying to send a (negative) message.
>> No. 145063
Cirno seemed to be just fine with it. It's more that you're giving a gift at all is the thing. The fact that the more expensive stuff has "Side Effects: Death" written on the side of it will help.
>> No. 145064
>>145062
no one ever said the three fairies were picky drinkers.
>> No. 145065
>>145063
>>145064

Yeah, you're right. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, and trieing too hard.

Hm, I wonder if the Working Fairies have an extra discount for buying Yuugi's stuff, withou, you know, having it deducted from their pay.
>> No. 145200
File 131421005773.jpg - (359.24KB , 600x848 , extra strawberries hold the plague.jpg ) [iqdb]
145200
And these bits are supposed to be quick paced too.

Long story short, have been unfortunate occurences, the nature of which have hindered progress and such, but should be getting back into the swing of things soon.

Short story long, wound up getting bit by some kind of spider or other somehow, then catastrophically failed my roll against poison and infection. So, that was a fun trip to the hospital. At this point, still on pills, but have concluded that the limb in question isn't going to just fall off on me, and gotten to the point where pain meds are no longer required, so my brain's no longer all fuzzy and cloudy and stuff. Now that I'm able to think straight again, I can once more write passably well, and updates should resume shortlyish. Also, I am now in the process of reviewing and adjusting potential effects of any non-fairy troops getting bitten by cave-spiders. So, that's something for you to look forward to.

Yes, negotiation is your action, you haven't spent any moneys on class changing. Danger zone thing is my FANTASTICALLY TERRIBLE mspaint doodle of a cave-squid. As for why it's there, and why there's a danger zone at all, well. These things may, or may not, be intuitive, but I'll note that there is an option regarding map doodles and stuff.
>> No. 145229
>>145200
Don't take your spider grudge against Yamame, she's a good girl.

But ouch... one sucky way for life to take after art.
>> No. 145243
File 131429127652.jpg - (187.74KB , 850x671 , sample_0cf0cfa9dfd10d109340eb45d92c43bc0b5babf7.jpg ) [iqdb]
145243
"If I give offense without realization, then I should apologize in advance." Tabuki said calmly. "We are... not accustomed to visitors who would brave the hazards of these tunnels."

Behind her, one of the zombies creaked as it shifted subtly in place, and an unnerved cast flickered over the face of one of Sunny's witches. The negotiator, however, was unmoved.

"Whether or not offense is your intent, words must be chosen with... care."

"I do appreciate politeness, you understand." Tabuki continued. "But directness has merits of its own. While you seem to have heard of the previous... incident, I see no reason yet that it should be repeated."

"This is good. As while the area marked by your previous altercation was unused and uninhabited by any... Hm. I am not the finest judge of direction and distance myself, but I believe that is not currently the case for the surface above this meeting point."

Tabuki hesitated, considering that, and then whether or not to offer to relocate the meeting place to somewhere more comfortable. It would probably improve the mood drastically if they were speaking in, for example, Yuugi's bar rather than an empty cave. On the other hand, that would bring them right into the heart of the city, and she could be certain that, at the very least, that sharp-eyed negotiator would be making quiet mental note of any number of things. In the end, she decided to wait a little before deciding whether or not to make the offer. In the meantime, though...

"Sadly, beyond these tunnels I am in possession of no resources that your Leader might find of value, at the moment." She half-lied, not knowing but having good cause to suspect that alcohol would be of interest, and aware that she might not have any now, but she could get some very quickly, if she had a mind to.

"You're stalling." The negotiator accused. Then a casually amused grin crossed her face. "However... if you are offering, then these tunnels will indeed suffice as an... adequate tribute."

---

[ ] Response.
>> No. 145244
[x] "You ask for our home? It seems I am the one to feel offended this time."
[x] "Perhaps I have misworded my intentions. The real question is, 'What do you offer to keep us content underground?'. Dead Fairies tell tales, and they eager for a tale of fresh food from above."
[x] "If you wish for friendship, that can be arranged. If you wish to become food, that can too can be arranged. I have business to do on the surface and I have no interest in eating you, but I assure you that I will not be stopped. So you choose your words carefully."

Fuck that bitch. Being nice and friendly means weakness and submissive.
>> No. 145245
She's bargaining from a position from a position of strength, and they're mostly not intimidated by the zombie fairies. Much like with Cirno, threats will get you nowhere in a hurry. Your main advantage is that the surface leaders by and large don't care about the underground, so Sunny's probably just looking for a quick shakedown like Cirno was and as long as you don't piss her off she'll likely be content with a couple bottles of ale now and then(And given that she hasn't bugged you up til now and that she's likely heard the story from Cirno, she could very well have sent her delegation down her to try some of the stuff for herself).


[x]Decline her suggestion, but offer to go grab a couple bottles of ale to take back with them while you talk. If she'd rather not wait, offer to bring her to the bar; for all that it's deep in your territory, it's still the best available venue for hosting visitors.
>> No. 145246
>>145245
>Tabuki hesitated, considering that, and then whether or not to offer to relocate the meeting place to somewhere more comfortable. It would probably improve the mood drastically if they were speaking in, for example, Yuugi's bar rather than an empty cave. On the other hand, that would bring them right into the heart of the city, and she could be certain that, at the very least, that sharp-eyed negotiator would be making quiet mental note of any number of things. In the end, she decided to wait a little before deciding whether or not to make the offer. In the meantime, though...

English mother fucker, can you read it?

Hmmm. I am fond of the idea of bringing them some of the 'finest ale', or if we really need to we can always offer them something shiny but of no use.
>> No. 145248
>>145246

Something shiny and of not much value is pretty much exactly what they're looking for, and the local ale happens to be perfect for this. As I've said before, it's more the fact you're giving the gift than the actual gift itself.

And on a side note, it could very well be the best ale in the city, as Yuugi runs a nice establishment and I'd imagine she knows her booze. I also mentioned the option of moving to the bar in spite of reservations over it's location, because, as mentioned, it's still likely the best venue for this sort of thing. It's still not ideal, but you don't have much to work with, and tossing empty threats isn't going to get you anywhere.

Cha: 1, is something you have to work around, and getting the other party too bloody drunk to remember anything is a way to go about it.
>> No. 145250
>>145248
>Cha 1

A reminder why no one want to DM a game with whoever thought that such a max-min build was such a good idea as far as I remember it's hindered Tabby than it helped.
>> No. 145253
>>145250
Having anything BUT a max/min build is a good thing, though I have no idea why Anon thought it was the other way around.
>> No. 145270
>>145253
The goal was to cripple her. Mission accomplished!
>> No. 145274
>>145253
I blame reading about DnD games where generally such min/maxed characters were backed up by similar ones taking up the first character's slack. Alone (like Tabby generally) or in a normal party, such characters' massive weaknesses end up crippling them.

And people ask why /th/ is stereotyped for stupid anons. With things like this and "Let's use Wish to clean up a library" (Wizard story post
>> No. 145275
>>145253
I blame reading about DnD games where generally such min/maxed characters were backed up by similar ones taking up the first character's slack. Alone (like Tabby generally) or in a normal party, such characters' massive weaknesses end up crippling them.

And people ask why /th/ is stereotyped for stupid anons. With things like this and "Let's use Wish to clean up a library" (Wizard story post quote), it's little wonder
>> No. 145317
File 131439671182.jpg - (445.64KB , 850x629 , sample_e76040141fecf7998a5e846d0e607d67171b3e78.jpg ) [iqdb]
145317
Was about to start writing when I realized I should probably point out first that if there's no consensus on responses in these diplomatic things, I'll basically mash every given option together, drop it in a blender, and see what comes out, since I'm not sure if I ever specifically mentioned that instead of just doing it, and don't want to go back and check.

So yeah, I guess I'll nudge doing that back to tomorrow sometime or something. But here, since I try not to post without some kind of semi-relevant content, have a pic of a hellpuppy thing to make up for the delay. None of these have moved or tried to move into or out of any territories you control, or are adjacent to. Yet.
>> No. 145321
>>145317
Well then, it is now a long term goal to get hold of one of those Hellhounds and name it FLUFFY!

>>145244 comes across as too antagonistic.

Tabuki needs easy access to the surface to deliver that message for magic training, and Sunny's forces want easy access to the tunnels so they can capture more territory on the surface. Negotiating one for the other may be useful. Of course, Sunny's negotiator pointed out that Tabuki has no clue what is above the underground, so maps would be useful if she wants to bring the tunnels down. AT the very least Tabuki needs to be hiring her services as a Tunnel MAKER out when she gets more experience in it.

So yeah, I'm seconding the "Move this to the bar" option. Let's get them drunk before we try and get concessions out of them in return for use of the tunnels and a NON-AGGRESSION treaty from them. Because letting them use the tunnels without an agreement that they won't backstab you is NOT SMART.
>> No. 145326
I wouldn't trade territory for surface access, there are other ways up(I think it was mentioned that the Kappa's labs connect, and there are plenty of other tunnels to explore). I also don't think she's seriously trying to get you to just hand the tunnels over, just trying to give you incentive to think of other, less potentially costly, gifts(Cirno was trying something similar, putting the screws in to get you to cough something up, and the fairies aren't *that* interested in the tunnels). That said, you might be able to get her to talk about the surface in general if you can loosen her up a bit.

It would likely help to get one's hands on a Geology book or two at some point, as being able to safely change the tunnels around would be a huge asset.
>> No. 145335
>Pic

>None of these have moved or tried to move into or out of any territories you control, or are adjacent to.
>Yet.

Would these be considered leader strength?

And I want one of those. Mostly so we can sic it on Cirno.
>> No. 145354
>>145321

Fuck no, there is nothing more important than territories, losing them for ANY reason is inexcusable. They are the reason this war exists, remember? Giving even one to ANYONE makes them stronfger and us weaker, and gives easier access to our lands. And have in mind that Peace Treaties will have to end sooner or later.

[x] Surely you jest? We aren't going to give you anything. Well, maybe a bottle of Oni ale, but don't get your hopes up, you still have to offer something in return.
[x] I have some business to do on the surface. I will do them sooner or later, but I'd rather not have to fight my way upwards. If Sunny interested in making friends, we could make pacts and treaties.

Don't let them in our lands, they will certainly use the info for war. It's like free scouting, and the bar is not a proper place for that.
>> No. 145355
>>145354
There are other ways to solve problems than being angry and threats. Being this antagonistic bit everyone in the ass last time, I doubt it'll go much better this time.
>> No. 145357
There's also the fact that peace treaties can last through to the end of the war; it's not a winner-take-all thing, they keep fighting until they get bored or something else comes up and figure what to do with things from there. As the underground doesn't really interest them much, it's entirely possible to just hold them off via various means until the war winds down.
>> No. 145393
>>145355

Sorry, what? In >>145354, Tabuki may get slightly more irritaded, but ithere is no threats in it. It's just a more direct way of asking for a treaty, for asking for something to motivate us. They want something and we something. If they refuse us, we have an excuse to refuse them too.
>> No. 145400
File 13145526261.jpg - (226.57KB , 850x1156 , Advice Remi.jpg ) [iqdb]
145400
"You've misconstrued my words. I have no intention of surrendering territory to you." Tabuki declared shortly, bristling just the slightest bit at the implication. "... But there's no need for diplomatic negotiations to fall through just yet. I don't believe your Leader is any more interested in battle here yet than I am. I suspect I know what you have been sent for, however. Be patient, wait here, and I will have a runner bring a bottle up for you to return with."

"... That won't do." The negotiator responded simply. "Do you believe you can simply dismiss us so easily?"

"I see little else for us to speak of, now that introductions and posturing have been properly seen to." Tabuki said blandly, then shrugged. "... If you insist, however, then by all means, follow. The bar is, I suppose, more hospitable."

Meira started, and began to speak up, but after a moment paused. Then, with a quiet smile, she settled back into place, eyes glinting. The negotiator seemed to note the response, but didn't seem certain of what it might mean, and her retinue's mood had improved drastically the second the word 'bar' had been mentioned.

"... By all means." She confirmed, after a brief hesitation. "Lead the way."

As Tabuki had thought, the negotiator didn't even bother to disguise the fact that she was clearly noting the twists and turns of the tunnels, and the layout of the city beyond. She supposed she had nobody but herself to blame, as she'd handed a golden opportunity over on a silver platter, and it wasn't like she had observed fairies to have a particularly well-developed sense of restraint. Or shame, for that matter.

Then they arrived at the bar, and Meira hung back for a moment at the entry as they passed through, then stepped quietly to position herself between the door and anyone that might want to leave through it. Tabuki didn't immediately catch on as to why, but as the negotiator's eyes widened, and an instant, subtle body-communication passed through the fairies she'd assigned to work here, followed by a pair drifting too-casually over to hold a slightly too loud and innocent conversation right next to the door to Yuugi's quarters, the only other immediate exit from the bar, eyes locked on the opposition the whole time, it clicked. She wasn't sure why she hadn't realized it immediately, as she really should have, but she supposed she had gotten used to thinking of these girls as non-combat assets, and forgotten that they were still five warm bodies, albeit un-armed or armored ones. The sudden moment of panic flickering over the negotiator's face at the realization that she was suddenly outnumbered two to one was... actually quite gratifying, as she spun immediately around, only to be faced with a widely grinning Meira.

"Why don't you have a seat? Right over there." The samurai said dryly, indicating an empty table with one hand, other resting just a hair too close to her sword for the fairy's comfort.

"Treachery...." The negotiator hissed softly. "Do not think my Leader will take kindly to this."

"You could have waited in the tunnels." Tabuki pointed out. "At no point did I coerce you into following, you came willingly. Eagerly, even."

Now that she was here, though, it was certainly an improved strong-arming position, if she felt like using it that way. She would have to think about whether she had any demands to make, what she might want to get out of this meeting, and how to present it.

---

[ ] Input.
>> No. 145413
[x] "So, to business. The tunnel you are occupying? They are ours. They are our home, and we would appreciate if you quietly left them alone. Why do you bother coming down here anyway, there is nothing for you here."
[x] "As I have stated before, I have business above ground. I will accept you returning our tunnels as a decent tribute, even though they are rightfully ours, in exchange for free passage to the surface and immunity. If you do that, we won't bother you, as in, Sunny Milk will not have to engage our forces for as long as this war lasts."
[x] "Besides, I believe we have more pressing matters to attend to. An acquaintence in common, someone named Cirno. We both know how strong she is, and that alone, no one can stand against her. It would be better for everyone to focus against only her. Belive me when I say that a military alliance would be of great interest for Sunny."
[x] "As a bonus, you will leave with a special bottle of Oni ale. For free. If Sunny is interested, she could profit from a commercial agreement."

Really trying my chances here, but it's a golden opportunity on a silver platter. With all the info the Negotiator has acquired, if they doesn't cooperate and form an alliance/peace treaty, it's certain Sunny will be invading soon. Also, we can't let them go without getting anything from them; it's our time to ask for a good bribe, something worth much more valuable than a bottle of oni ale.

Also, we will need to ask Yuugi to put the bottle's price on our tab. We're going to give the expensive drink, right?
>> No. 145419
The normal stuff will do, just give two bottles to send up to Sunny, with perhaps a third served to the negotiator and her escort during the meeting to smooth things over a bit(and dull the memory a touch if you're lucky).

On the off chance she notices the pricier stuff, point out the warning label, then mention the listed safe serving sizes are for Oni. While they could likely figure out a fairy-sized portion through trial and error, error in this case would result in a horribly painful death. Fairies may respawn, but it's still not a nice experience to go through.
>> No. 145422
[x] "So, to business. The tunnel you are occupying? They are ours. They are our home, and we would appreciate if you quietly left them alone. Why do you bother coming down here anyway, there is nothing for you here."
[x] "As I have stated before, I have business above ground. I will accept you returning our tunnels as a decent tribute, even though they are rightfully ours, in exchange for free passage to the surface and immunity. If you do that, we won't bother you, as in, Sunny Milk will not have to engage our forces for as long as this war lasts."
[x] "Besides, I believe we have more pressing matters to attend to. An acquaintence in common, someone named Cirno. We both know how strong she is, and that alone, no one can stand against her. It would be better for everyone to focus against only her. Belive me when I say that a military alliance would be of great interest for Sunny."
[x] "As a bonus, you will leave with a special bottle of Oni ale. For free. If Sunny is interested, she could profit from a commercial agreement."
[x] "And, Do remember, I do not want to see Sunny Milk's army marching down here the second you get back up there, understand?"

We're in control, TAKE control for fucks sake.
>> No. 145443
[x]>>145422

With these added:
[x] Don't give much time for the Negotiator to think/answer. They don't have a choice for most of the proposals. Counter-proposals shoul be heard and considered, though.
[x] Just give the normal drinks. Give them a small cup of the expensive one, for Sunny.
>> No. 145447
[x] "So, to business. The tunnel(s) you are occupying? They are/is ours. They are/is our home, and we would appreciate if you quietly leave/left them alone. Why do you bother coming down here anyway? There is nothing for you here."
[x] Of course, the opposite is true. In return, we'll leave all of her surface territories alone. A non-aggression pact is the best you'll do after your threats, negotiator.
[x] And as tribute... my offer still stands. It is the best sake in all Gensokyo, you know?
-[x] But you're all out of luck if you think you'll get anything else out of this negotiation.

Yeah, she should have known better. Tabuki's reaction to aggressiveness is... not good.
>> No. 145516
>>145447

Actually, it's Tunnels, I forgot an S there.
>> No. 145532
File 131474965820.jpg - (485.12KB , 960x960 , JOYANDDELIGHT.jpg ) [iqdb]
145532
Come to think of it, it's about time for a new thread. You know what that means, kiddies? That's right, time for a bonus! Like an unexpected explosion of wonder and happiness, right to your cerebral cortex at 1400 meters per second!

A-
[ ] 'Choice not Taken'. Pick an option you didn't pick, or a point where you failed at something, and I'll tell you what would have happened if things had gone elsewise. Still the same option as its always been, but I'm tired of copying over the whole list when it can only grow. You can go back and pick something yourselves, if you want.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

Choose one, as ever.

I'm also doing a SECOND bonus, just because I feel generous. Here's how it goes down: I'll give you something that would qualify as an option for section A. You tell me what would have happened, or what you missed. In the same post, put down a reasonable question of your own. If you're correct, and the first person to give the correct answer? I answer your question, to the best of my ability. If nobody gets it, I'll still tell you what the right answer was, so no worries there. You won't just be jumping through hoops for my amusement for no reward whatsoever.

Let's go right ahead, then. I'll start you off with an easy one.

>Red Hair in an empty tunnel.

At the beginning of the story, in thread 1, Tabuki identifies a nearby, fallen shape as a corpse. Is her conclusion correct, and if not, what was she actually looking at? For reference, the post in question is >>139455
>> No. 145533
Hooray, bonus time!

>Is her conclusion correct, and if not, what was she actually looking at?

Um, yes? Seems pretty defined as a corpse.

>If you're correct, and the first person to give the correct answer? I answer your question, to the best of my ability. If nobody gets it, I'll still tell you what the right answer was, so no worries there. You won't just be jumping through hoops for my amusement for no reward whatsoever.

I don't really get this, but...whatever. let's see...should have Tabuki read Mima's letter? While unpolite and Mima specifically telling her not to, it just keeps bothering me. I feel like it's some kind of flag we should have activated, as if it were a plot related event or a side-quest we could have gained much from.

Now, for the first and original bonus:
[x] B - Satori

I don't have anything in mind right now, but I've been wondering how we could increase our influence with Satori and Okuu. But that's just me being biased, as they are my favorite characters, like, ever.
>> No. 145547
Hmmm... On one hand, from what Pedro was saying and the fact she was armed, I want to say the body was a fairy, as if the corpse was lying face up details like wings could have been lost in the dark.

Alternately, her former owner might have brought more than one doll with her, and Tabby's not exactly the most perceptive being in Gensokyo. I almost want to say Tabby could have incarnated into a new body, and the doll was former shell of sorts, but the hair color of the body's wrong for it. Wouldn't do much to explain the sword though, unless toys in Gensokyo come with sharp pointy bits.




Oh, and: [x]Background Information (Meira)

We really ought to talk about sword training with her at some point, and we might as well ask what it would take to fix up that sword while we're there.
>> No. 145573
[x]>>145447
[x]Background Information (Meira)

As for the question, the theory I stand for is: 'That was her former self'
As for the answer: 'What is the best case scenatio in the current negotiation?'
>> No. 145574
>>145573
>'What is the best case scenatio in the current negotiation?'

We get everything we ask for and Sunny doesn't do shit against us for the rest of the war. Now, the most likely scenario? They probably refuse giving the tunnels, but accept a NAP, with the Mima related stuff, probably refused too. But then again, the Negotiator is deep inside our territory, so only fair if they let Tabuki go to the surface too.

>'That was her former self'

Interessing. The girl died and her soul transfered to the doll, turning it into a youkai? Hm, could explain the memory loss. How come she has just forgotten her memories, when she should have never had any memory?
>> No. 145577
>>145574
It's more that the doll gained life just like Medicine.
>> No. 145580
>>145577
Someone doesnt remember the first/second thread, and the background info.
>> No. 145603
>>145577

Unlikely. Medicine took quite some time to become a youkai, didn't she? Not only that, but she was also an abandoned item, which would make her a specific type of Youkai. Tabuki is a different kind, I think, since it was never mentioned she was a doll in story, I assumed it's safer to say she is more human like (I don't recall things all too well, so I might be wrong). Besides, her owner was carrying her when she died, so it's something else.

Still, I'm puzzled. Did the doll store memories when it was a doll? Do they really belong to her, or to her owner? Some of them don't even make sense, specially for a doll. Ah, the mysteries~

I need to re-read the entire story sometime. Not only to remember things, but also plan the next war moves. Should have done so earlier, though, because we could have asked the Negotiatior what Sunny was doing underground if she hates it so much? >>142475 >>142476
>> No. 145630
File 131492718371.jpg - (114.57KB , 359x900 , fetch me my sherlock hat.jpg ) [iqdb]
145630
Alright, time to explain. I'll walk you through the deductive reasoning, pointing out all the clues, before I give you the answer.

First, a little above the post: inspecting the form was a roll of Intelligence, which was passed, and Perception, which wasn't.

Second: The form is Tabuki's size, more or less, shown by the fact that there's an option at all to take the clothes.

Third: The fact that it's there at all rules out it being a dead fairy, as it's later pointed out that Fairies don't leave much behind when they die and respawn.

Fourth: The spider. It ignores the fallen form, instead focusing on Tabuki, prey that it would possibly have to expend more than minimal effort to subdue.

Fifth: The tunnel is initially specified as being 'Huge', and Tabuki doesn't have to make any choices after picking a direction and stumbling away in the wake of the incident with the spider. Later, it is noted by Satori that the only reasonably direct passage, with no forks or choices of paths, is the main passage to the surface, past the Great Bridge(commonly known as the 'Princess' Troll Bridge').

Sixth, and almost not worth mentioning given the obviousness: It has red hair.

There's only so many things it can be. It's not a fairy, or there wouldn't have been a body left behind, and it's not made out of meat or it would be either in some state of decomposition, which Tabuki would have been hard pressed to miss even with failing the roll, or still fresh enough that the spider could consider it a valid food source and would have drug the body away rather than try a fight with Tabuki. The spider wasn't smart enough to not attack her because it saw her using magic, but at the same time, any sort of fight is a risk for a predator, as anything can get lucky. Being about Tabuki's size limits remaining options.

The trick is realizing that Tabuki wakes in the main passage between the Surface and the Underground City, and that this is set at some point after SA happens. At that point, everything should click together properly. The fallen form is a doll. More specifically, it's a Red-Haired Dutch Doll, one of a number of dolls borrowed, maybe or maybe not euphemistically, from Alice by Marisa, magically 'used up' in casual bombings, and then discarded along the way. If Tabuki had passed the perception check, or simply chosen to take its clothes for her own, she would have noted the joints being 'funny', and shortly therafter realized the true nature of the figure, even in the dim light.

At this point, I'll be blunt. Had anyone simply answered "A Doll", I would have given it to them. The thing was that you went too far in qualifications, and "a doll, which Tabuki's Owner dropped" or "A doll, which Tabuki used to be" are just too far off base for me to reward you for. Sorry.

In any case, looks like Meira infos will be coming in shortlyish.
>> No. 145633
File 131493241933.png - (69.79KB , 330x1322 , 0a9a3f77ac8a4b168784109fd22af85c.png ) [iqdb]
145633
Since the question was "what was she actually looking at?" I think all answers given still qualify as correct, but that's just me.

Also, I'll just leave this pic here...
>> No. 145637
File 131493687365.jpg - (220.83KB , 850x765 , sample_eea20b229c9ac7b926642e93b614d9932638ac28.jpg ) [iqdb]
145637
[Meira]

Meira is an athletic young woman, who is unfortunate enough to have sufficiently ambiguous features to regularly be mistaken for an athletic young man. She has developed something of a complex over this, and never quite fit in with her peer group: Where the girls were uncomfortable about her bishonen features and ease in slipping into masculine habits, or were alternatively too comfortable with it for Meira's own comfort, the young men could never quite forget that she was, in fact, biologically female, and group outings were generally somewhat awkward in light of this.

Failing to find a social niche for herself, she became something of a loner, and eventually decided to turn to swordsmanship rather than make any further attempts at fitting in. She was, naturally, somewhat hampered by her living relatives neither including anyone who could instruct her in the art themselves, despite the family taking great pride in the old blade hanging above the mantle, nor anyone who would be willing to foot the bill to pay someone to do so. Her parents, in particular, were somewhat insistent that she should drop the idea in favor of working harder at passing as a 'normal' young woman for long enough to assure a marital union and the continuation of the family line, up until the unexpected birth of a younger brother, after which the attention paid to her slowly, but steadily, dwindled to nearly nothing at all.

She divided her time between what training she could manage on her own, and what odd jobs she could find to earn enough money to pay for a lesson or two at a time on her own, until she had a fortuitous meeting with a stranger, passing through the village. He was a swordsman, and the two of them hit it off rather well, despite the age disparity, as he was, in his own words, familiar with being "Nearly one thing.... not quite another". After around a week of conversations and meeting for tea, he offered to instruct her in his art, to a point.

Her skill level rapidly shot upwards, following this, but the time eventually came when she arrived for a lesson, and he refused her. She had learned, he explained, everything he was capable of teaching that was not a direct part of his own family style, which he could not pass along to her. "Unless you married my grand-daughter, anyway." He'd continued flippantly, either not noticing or choosing to ignore her subtle response to that.

It was not long after that when he left the village behind, continuing on in his wanderings. Meira was withdrawn and sullen for a period of weeks following this, apathy only beginning to leave her when her parents showed a renewed interest in her, and began quietly attempting to nudge her into social occasions, for reasons they would only hint at, but not for some time come clean regarding. It was some time before Meira pieced together enough hints to confront them and recieve the whole story.

One of her youthful acquaintances still recalled her, and remained interested in ways that Meira simply wasn't comfortable with. She had gotten her own, doting parents on her side, and approached Meira's own family with a rather unusual proposition, regarding which they had initially been somewhat reluctant. Incentives, however, had been offered in sufficient quantity to broker an agreement... and then the only thing remaining had been to find the proper way to broach the matter with the other relevant party, and if necessary, apply the proper leverage to force her into going along with things. Heated words were exchanged, as tempers rose, and finally an ultimatum was laid down by her father: She would submit. It was not exactly a common practice these days, and certainly the particulars were slightly unusual, but it was still their right as the parents to broker marriage agreements for their children if they so saw fit.

Meira left the village in the darkness of that very night, with no more than the clothes on her back and the family's cherished blade.

In spite of being named 'The Human Village', it was not the only place humanity was to be found throughout Gensokyo, merely the point of their greatest density: Scattered groups of buildings, farmsteads, and single, solitary houses would come and go as time passed, some having stood as far back as anyone could recall, some having lasted for a few decades before calamity of some sort fell on the place, sickness or famine, or simple hungry or bored youkai falling upon a place and devouring or otherwise doing away with the inhabitants. Some structures only ever managed to be halfway completed, for that matter. Meira wandered between these places for a time, ability sufficient to defend her from nearly all lesser threats, and managing never to attract the attention of the greater. Her swordsmanship continued to improve as she refined herself, and while many were not particularly fond of strangers, most would happily part with a few meals in exchange for extra labor or the removal of a particularly threatening beast or youkai. Even so, she felt lost and purposeless, simply drifting from place to place, no real remaining ties keeping her in one spot rather than another.

She came to a decision, one morning, after trying to find some reason to stand up from her resting place and continue on. She would kill the Hakurei Shrine Maiden. In so doing, she would become the Hakurei Shrine Maiden. That was, after all, how such things worked, probably. Filled with a new sense of purpose, she stepped boldly forward.

The attempt went poorly, to say the least. An awkward and uncomfortable conversation, followed by being soundly thrashed, after which she quickly retreated to lick her wounds and reconsider her strategy. Following a return to full health, she redoubled her personal training and awaited an opportunity. When one arrived, she was quick to seek out the paths to the hidden places beneath the surface, to follow behind her nemesis and await the right time to strike, when she had been weakened by battle fatigue. She became hopelessly lost in short order.

Undetermined quantities of time passed her by, as she wandered in the dark, slowly wasting away, finding difficulties in striking at that which she could not see, and eating only when she managed to strike something down and locate it in the enshrouding haze before something else managed to steal it away. One day, she knew, she would be too unfortunate for too long a period of time, and perish... or if she was truly unlucky, encounter something in the darkness that her decaying skills were no longer sufficient to match against. Then a new hope came, with conditions of its own, though they were not so painful to bind herself to.

Meira's defining characteristic is speed, though it is nowhere near the equal of certain notable individuals. It is what allows her to rapidly close space between herself and her opponents, and land multiple blows in the space of time many others could only manage one. Like most samurai, however, her defense is somewhat lacking, and relies almost entirely on cutting down the enemy before they have a chance to strike, and dodging.

Meira's sword is made of special materials: repairing it may require significant effort.

If approached properly, Meira is of sufficient skill to retrain fairies to the Samurai class.

As a human, what wounds she takes are slower to heal than for other races.

Meira may not be deployed in battles against Cirno's troops.
>> No. 145639
> If approached properly, Meira is of sufficient skill to retrain fairies to the Samurai class.

Hmmm...

What are the stats for the Samurai Class?
>> No. 145644
She's trying to hunt down and kill Reimu? Good heavens, that's not going to end well. On the other hand, Tabuki may have inadvertently given her exactly what she was wandering around for, so she may let go of that before she commits an(other) Attempted Incident.
>> No. 145647
>>145644
You make it seem like this was supposed to be unexpected.
>> No. 152269
New thread
>>145677