[Return]
Archived thread

File 130825299668.jpg - (90.88KB , 850x703 , sample_3cb7a068bc94442427d613bf249c9459d46c93d9.jpg ) [iqdb]
142475 No. 142475
Tabuki groaned as she hauled herself to her feet. Not loudly, but enough that Emerald began to stir, and within moments she had roused herself as well.

"Early..." she mumbled, not bothering to attempt to conceal a yawn. "Got orders...?"

"Yes. We should make our way back to the palace... but I had also wished to converse further with miss Yuugi upon certain topics, and am uncertain..." Tabuki began, before noting the blankening stare Emerald was giving and shifting her speech accordingly. "I wanted to talk more with her about a few things. I don't know that I'm up to walking back to the palace, only to turn around and walk back here, though. If I have to, of course, but..."

"'S fine." Emerald replied, waving the concern off. "You're still in recovery, gonna be a few days before you're back in top shape. Tell me what you want done, and I'll set the troops to it. I'll also keep an eye on these girls for you. Make sure they don't get nibbly on anyone while you're having downtime." She finished, nudging one of the zombies slightly.

Tabuki nodded and closed her eyes for a moment, thinking deeply before she opened them and began to relay specific instructions. Emerald's brow furrowed a little, and she mumbled softly to herself, but nodded in affirmation after a minute.

"Got it, no sweat. Now... just you make sure she always knows exactly where you are, until the girls get here, okay?" the fairy instructed hesitantly. "Especially if she starts moving boxes... or you're sitting in a chair she likes... or you're on the floor for any reason. It's a little difficult for big people to keep track of us sometimes, and... well, accidents happen..." She mumbled awkwardly. "No permanent harm done, of course... but you're not actually a fairy either, so..."

"I'll be careful." Tabuki promised.

"That's all I want."

With that, Emerald turned and took hold of the undead fairies by their collars, and dragged them along with her as she left to pass orders along to the troops. Tabuki was left with the arduous task of waiting for Yuugi to drag herself out of an alcohol coma.

Several hours and a quick nap of her own later, she was rewarded with the Oni's slow stirring. Then, just as she looked to settle down and drift back off into complete sleep, the chair she was occupying fell backwards, tumbling Yuugi out to sprawl messily across the floor. After a moment, she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"Morning... still here?" She asked in a daze of sorts. "Gimme a minute and I'll wash up and cook you break..." She paused and shook her head. "Wait. I got a little drunker than normal last night, so I can't actually remember. Did we...?"

Yuugi made vague, slightly obscene hand motions, and Tabuki coughed softly to herself.

"No. Not a bit."

"Oh. Didn't think so, but had t' check." She replied, yawning widely. "I'll make breakfast anyway. And I should probably check to see if any of those idiots have killed each other."

She stood and staggered over to a pump set in the wall, stripping down and tossing her clothes aside as she went, then pumped out a bucketful of cold water and dumped it unceremoniously over her head. She hissed, eyes widening at the sharp, cold shock, and Tabuki noted the floor beneath the Oni to be uneven, spillage washing down towards the wall where it fell through metal grates. Yuugi shivered and cursed softly to herself, shaking the water off before pumping out a second bucketful and retrieving a cloth to scrub at herself properly.

Tabuki had long since turned her eyes aside and pretended to be fascinated by the pattern of dings and chips knocked free from a nearby stone wall, but couldn't help but overhear a deep sniff and 'should probably wash this...' before Yuugi started to make a small racket opening drawers and cupboards to dress herself. Once it settled down, she turned her gaze back, to find Yuugi fully clothed and grinning down at her.

"Something wrong?" She teased. "Am I not nice to look at... or is it that I'm too nice to look at? Are you blushing?"

"I'm married." Tabuki answered simply, and while Yuugi's eyebrows rose, she seemed to accept the rebuttal well enough.

"Anyone I know?" She asked, instead of pressing her amusement.

"... I guess that depends on how well you got to know her while she was here." Tabuki hedged.

Yuugi blinked, but it only took a moment before things seemed to click.

"Huh. That's a bit more... permanent of an arrangement than fairies usually go in for." She pointed out.

"It was an interesting situation." Tabuki replied, still evasive about the matter.

"I'll have to get the details sometime. Need a lift?"

"It would be appreciated." Tabuki admitted, and Yuugi carefully lifted her off the cushion and onto her shoulder, then hefted the bucket.

"Let's see who's still alive, then!" She cheerily declared.

---

The empty patch of rock and dirt had taken a little bit of a beating, but not so much as the Oni fighting in it had. All were filthy, covered with a mixture of cave-dust, sweat, and blood that had mixed and congealed into a nasty sort of muck smeared all over their clothes, skin, horns and hair. Aside from that, their situation differed to small degrees. One was still standing, panting heavily and clearly doing her best not to fall over. Two were prone on the ground, one unconscious, and the other simply rasping for breath, trying to rise. The last was buried, upside down, to her hips in the earth, and hadn't quite yet found the proper mixture of motivation and strength to rip herself loose.

Yuugi immediately kicked the lone standing Oni in the back, sending her face first into the dirt in front of her.

"Breakfast time, scum!" She barked, tossing two unbutchered cave-squid she'd taken from the kitchens down on the ground, then dropping the bucket next to them. "This morning's cuisine is raw meat and dirty bathwater. Fight over who gets what bits, then take a nap. I'll come kick you worthless maggots awake when it's time to start trying to beat each other to death again. Have fun until then!"

The half buried Oni started thrashing about wildly in an attempt to find leverage, as the others crawled their way over to start ripping at the food like wild animals, and Yuugi nodded to herself, pleased with how things were progressing, before she made her way back inside.

"... I'm not entirely comfortable with this sort of thing." Tabuki admitted, after a long minute of contemplation as Yuugi bustled about the bar, putting things in order and opening a window for the fairies Tabuki had called for to make their way inside. "Is this... a common sort of training, for Oni?"

"No, not really." Yuugi admitted freely as she switched the sign on the door to 'Open'. "It's closest to some of the standard policies for breaking captured human warriors and tormenting the souls of the legitimately damned, back when we still did either of those around here, but I didn't want to go quite as far as personally brutalizing them right off the bat, or things like giving them three cups of water and one of... Eh, you're probably happier not knowing. I mean, I like these girls, and all, and I'm sure they appreciate the lenience. They're Oni, though, they can take it."

"I suppose you would know better than I would..." Tabuki decided after a moment of uneasy thought. "But in any case... you mentioned something about uniforms the other day?"

"Huh. Oh yeah.. just a second. Hey! You." Yuugi called, pointing at a fairy. "Wiggling too much. You're trying too hard to be eye candy. Relax a little, you don't need to put that much effort into it. You're here for ambiance and to serve drinks, not flaunt yourself like a streetwalker. Sorry, what?"

"Uniforms." Tabuki repeated.

"Huh... Oh, yeah, right. Anyway, it shouldn't be hard to find something suitable, the toy shop should have a couple things that'll work. It's important that they shouldn't be too concealing... but not too revealing, either. Enough to catch the eye, and start someone wondering about what they don't see. Like, the skirt hem should be above the knee, but still totally cover the thighs, you know?" Yuugi said, perfectly seriously.

".... I'm not sure I'm entirely comfortable with the way this is going." Tabuki pointed out. "Your waitresses aren't..."

"No, no, no, no, you have the wrong idea. This isn't a brothel. A fair bit of having them is for decoration and aesthetics, though. People like being waited on by pretty girls." Yuugi admitted. "There's a strict 'no-touching' policy for when I have waitresses, though: looking only, no matter how drunk you are, or I'll throw you out through the wall. Nobody'll be getting grabby or anything. Anyway, I'll pay an extra silver for them being properly uniformed, and that should be enough to start them learning properly how to do the job. As their skill increases, I'll bump up their wages a little too."

Tabuki nodded slowly.

"Let's... just change the subject, for now. You mentioned something about brawling, too?"

"Right, right. I can show some of your fairies how to brawl right, instead of swinging their fists around wildly and hoping they end up somewhere important. Not going to be easy on my part, of course, because if I try to demonstrate they'll just get mashed, so it'll cost you a bit. It'll take a couple days of work, and it won't be free, time is money and all. They'll come out of it hitting a little harder and able to take more hits themselves, though. Might be able to do something with your girl, too. Anyway, it'll take... hm, I'd usually say more, but let's make it five silvers each, and I'll only take groups of at least four at a time."

"Acceptable." Tabuki decided, then glanced back in the direction of the Oni outside.

"Don't worry about them." Yuugi insisted, divining the thought before it could be spoken. "I've known them for a long time, they'll probably all survive what I'm going to do to them."

"Not the most reassuring thing you could have said..." Tabuki mumbled. "But whatever. maybe you could tell me something about them?"

"Heh, no problem. I first met-"

Emerald burst through the door, followed by three zombies, interrupting their chat.

"Taaaaaabbbbbyy..." She called, clearly fretting about something, and ignoring how she'd disturbed the early-afternoon drinking crowd that had already begun to make their way in. "We've got trouble! Cirno noticed us! She just captured the area sitting between us, and she's demanding a meeting with you. Right now! I've also spoken with the other group, that set of tunnels we just poked into has us right next to one of Sunny Milk's territories, and she'll know we're making troop movements in a few hours at most!"

"Hm..." Yuugi said idly. "Well, it looks like you have more important things to deal with right now than listening to stories. Maybe another time?"

---

Leader: [Cirno] is demanding a diplomatic meeting.

Updated report of area TIII-3:

[Leader] Cirno. HP: ???, Damage estimation: ???
Winter Knight [elite] x1. HP: 50, Damage estimation: 11-12
-Equip: [Ice Plate] +20 hp [70]
-Equip: [Ice Shield] +10 hp [80]
-Equip: [Frost Brand] +3 damage [14-15]
Witch [elite] x1. HP: 25, Damage estimation: 15-22
-Equip: [Icicle Staff] +5 damage [20-27]


[ ] Immediately go to meet with Cirno.
[ ] Details first. Need details before diplomacy. Cirno, Sunny, everything about them that Emerald knows and thinks might be important.
[ ] Try to delay the meeting. Send a note of apology, to let her know you're busy. [Cha/Luck]

>> No. 142476
File 13082532549.png - (19.10KB , 338x439 , Undergroundmap.png ) [iqdb]
142476
Battle report and starting the map update.

Emerald
Deady
Dead2
MMA
MMB

vs

ZF1
ZF2
MM
DM

---

Advantage to M

E-x
Deady-x
Dead2-x
MMA-x
MMB-x

ZF1-x
ZF2-x
MM-x
DM- 1d2=1 damage to (1d5=4) MMA (9hp)

E-1d4+2=4 damage to (1d2=1) MM (6hp)
Deady-1d2+3=5 damage to (1d2=1) ZF1 (10hp)
Dead2-1d2+3=4 damage to ZF1 (6hp)
MMA- 1d2+1=3 damage to MM (3hp)
MMB- 1d2+1=3 damage to MM (KO)

ZF- 1d2+2=4 damage to (1d6=4) MMA (5hp)
ZF2- 1d2+2=4 damage to (1d6=3) Dead2 (11hp)
DM- 1d2=2 damage to (1d5=2) Deady (13hp)

E-3 damage to DM (7hp)
D-4 damage to ZF1 (2hp)
Db-4 damage to ZF1 (KO)
MMA-3 damage to DM (4hp)
MMB- 2 damage to DM (2hp)

ZF2-4 damage to (d6=3) Dead2 (7hp)
DM- 1 damage to (d5=5) MMB (9hp)

E-5 damage to DM (KO)
Da- 5 damage to ZF2 (10hp)
Db- 5 damage to ZF2 (5hp)
MMA- 3 damage to ZF2 (2hp)
MMB- 2 damage to ZF2 (KO)

Victory
Territory captured: TIII-1
Conscripted: DML, MMN
Emerald, DEady, MK.2, MMA, MMB, +1 battle xp
MM A, B Rank Up: Conscript -> Average
HP multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.5, Attack +1

Bleak Aura activation: 1d100=70

Notice: Change in TIII-3! Now occupied by enemy troops [Leader: Cirno]

===

FFA
FFB
MMC
MMD
DMA
DMC
DMD

vs

ZF
MM
DM1
DM2

---

FFA-1d3+2=4 damage to ZF (11hp)
FFB-4 damage to ZF (7hp)
MMC-x
MMD-x
DMA-1d2=1 damage to ZF (6hp)
DMC- 2 damage to ZF (4hp)
DMD-1d2+1=2 damage to ZF (2hp)

ZF-x
MM-x
DM1- 1 damage to DMC (11hp)
DM2- 2 damage to DMA (10hp)

FFA-3 damage to ZF (KO)
FFB- 4 damage to (1d3=3) DM2 (7hp)
MMC- 3 damage to (d3=3) DM2 (4hp)
MMD- 2 damage to (d3=3) DM2 (2hp)
DMA- 1 damage to (d3=2) DM1 (9hp)
DMC- 1 damage to (d3=1) MM (9hp)
DMD- 2 damage to (d3=3) DM2 (KO)

MM-2 damage to (d7=4) MMB (10hp)
DM1-2 damage to (d7=7) DMD (15hp)

FFA-3 damage to DM1 (6hp)
FFB-5 damage to MM (4hp)
MMC-2 damage to DM1 (4hp)
MMD-2 damage to DM1 (2hp)
DMA-2 damage to DM1 (KO)
DMC- 2 damage to MM (2hp)
DMD- 3 damage to MM (KO)

Victory
Territory Captured [passage to Tunnels IV]
Conscripted: DMM, MMO
FF A,B, MM C,D, DM A, C, D, +1 battle xp
DMA = 5xp, rank up. Conscript -> Average
HP multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.5, attack +1
Scouting: TIV-1, TIV-2
Warning: TIV-1 contains enemy troops [Leader: Sunny Milk]

Bleak Aura activation: 1d100=5.
Conscripted: Zombie Fairy C

>> No. 142477
File 130825333197.png - (9.11KB , 347x514 , TunnelsIIIMap.png ) [iqdb]
142477
First Tunnel update...
>> No. 142478
File 130825338814.png - (9.97KB , 513x293 , TunnelsIVMap.png ) [iqdb]
142478
... and the new area. There we go.
>> No. 142481
>Change in TIII-3 - Cirno's Fairies
>Sunny Milk troops in a nearby territory.

Question! Did cirno decided to attack that territory because the brillant strategic mind that made the write in decided to invade a territory that was too close to her's before consolidating the underground?
>> No. 142483
[x] Details first. Need details before diplomacy. Cirno, Sunny, everything about them that Emerald knows and thinks might be important.
Worst case scenario. We don't have equipment, we have several areas undiscovered, and little cash. Oh boy.
>> No. 142484
[x] Details first. Need details before diplomacy. Cirno, Sunny, everything about them that Emerald knows and thinks might be important.

It might be possible the recent activity here attracted her attention as I was under the impression the underground was a massive non-factor until recently.
>> No. 142486
Cirno took that territory because there was a steadily increasing chance for her troops to notice 'hey, stuff is going on over there' and get her attention as you did things at the other end of the tunnels, and since you didn't advance to be right next to her territory, she decided she had to move closer to yours.

By this point, it was almost certain that she would take that area, if not this turn, then the next. The one after that, only if you were very lucky. Things have been ticking towards a meeting since way back when you grabbed that other area in this section.
>> No. 142487
[ ] Immediately go to meet with Cirno.
[X] Details first. Need details before diplomacy. Cirno, Sunny, everything about them that Emerald knows and thinks might be important.

Learn about her on the way, but lets not tick her off before we can withstand her.
>> No. 142490
[x] Details first. Need details before diplomacy. Cirno, Sunny, everything about them that Emerald knows and thinks might be important.

Well shit, didn't expect to meet them before having any weapons. Was planning on taking that territory after being properly equipped.

Also, shouldn't DMC have ranked up, or is she with 4 xp?
>> No. 142491
Checking to make sure... no, two xp, +1 from the oni at the bar and stuff, +1 from the last battle, she's at 4. One more to be average.
>> No. 142492
>>142481

Well, damn, I'm sorry I tried to help.

Also, you should look at it the other way. We know where two enemy Leaders are based and we can defend the non-Tunnel underground easier. And we could move in to attack Sunny in a turn or two.

Hm, now we need to leave some personel stationed at these territories permanently in order to get the defense boost, and weapons.
>> No. 142493
>>142491
Did the guys at Satori's got exp as well?
>> No. 142494
... You mean the ones who worked as maids, cooking and cleaning and what not, instead of fighting something? No, they didn't get battle xp for their efforts.
>> No. 142495
>>142491

Thanks, correcting my notes now.

Also, could please check them? I try to keep them updated, but usually miss something.

War Chest:
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
18 silvers

12 Territories
-Palace (+1 silver per fairy)
-Yuugi's Bar and Grill (+1s/fairy, +1s/uniform +Xs trained fairy)
-Entrance to Tunnels III (Cirno territories)
-Entrance to Tunnels IV (Sunny Milk territories)
-Passage to the Fire Chambers
-7 territories without objects of note

Generals
Emerald: 6 - Averrage - TIII-1
37hp 2-5 damage

Meele Mooks

A - 5 - Average - TIII-1
B - 5 - Average - TIII-1
C - 6 - Average - TIV Entrance
D - 6 - Average - TIV Entrance
E - 2 - Conscript - Palace
F - 0 - Conscript - Territory
G - 2 - Conscript - Palace
H - 1 - Conscript - Yuugi
I - 0 - Conscript - Palace
J - 1 - Conscript - Yuugi
K - 0 - Conscript - Territory
L - 0 - Conscript - Yuugi
M - 0 - Conscript - Territory - Necrophobe
N - 0 - Conscript - Just recruited
O - 0 - Conscript - Just recruited

Danmaku Mooks

A - 5 - Average - TIV Entrance
Beryl - 1 - Conscript - Yuugi - Necrophobe
C - 4 - Conscript - TIV Entrance
D - 7 - Average - TIV Entrance
E - 2 - Conscript - Territory
F - 2 - Conscript - Yuugi
G - 0 - Conscript - Territory
H - 0 - Conscript - Territory
I - 0 - Conscript - Territory
J - 0 - Conscript - Territory
K - 0 - Conscript - Palace
L - 0 - Conscript - Just recruited
M - 0 - Conscript - Just recruited

Fire Flingers

A - 4 - Conscript - TIV Entrance
B - 4 - Conscript - TIV Entrance

Zombie Fairies
Deady - 3 - Conscript - TIII-1
Mrk II - 1 - Conscript - TIII-1
C - 0 - Conscript - Just recruited

>> No. 142497
Running through stuff...

troops and xp, five or more is average...-
Emerald: 7
MM A5 B5 C6 D7 E2 F- G2 H1 I- J1 K- L- M-(N) N- O-
DM A5 B1(N) C4 D7 E1 F2 G- H- I- J- K- L- M-
FF A4 B4
ZF A4 B2 C-

Emerald is currently putting out 1d4+2, or 3-6 damage, and a couple of your fairies are off by a point of xp. DME got KO'd in that one fight, and MMD should have 7xp...

Aside from that, looks accurate.
>> No. 142505
[x] Details first. Need details before diplomacy. Cirno, Sunny, everything about them that Emerald knows and thinks might be important.
>> No. 142509
File 130827859283.jpg - (169.12KB , 400x533 , Advice Patchouli.jpg ) [iqdb]
142509
Okay, I'll just go ahead and call it for "get info'd".
>> No. 142527
File 130835225866.jpg - (621.57KB , 940x1000 , 9d54a3b8e57169c71d5ca27a9dc384e0b3dd618d.jpg ) [iqdb]
142527
Tabuki remained still for a moment, as her brain kicked into high gear, only to find after a long moment that she still had no idea what to do. Almost all she knew about Cirno was her name.

"Emerald." She said seriously. "I should probably have asked this before, but I need you to tell me everything you know about Cirno. Sunny Milk and the others, too, but there might be time still for them. Cirno now."

"Um, okay." Emerald said, and took a deep breath before continuing.

"Alright, the first thing I can tell you is that Cirno is big. Not like big-people big, you know, but still big for a fairy. She's um... three, maybe? Yeah, about three times as tall as either of us are, I guess. She's not the biggest fairy around, Dai and Lily are bigger, but she's still big. Uh... her special ability is cold manipulation, she can make ice and freeze things with it however she wants, since she's put a lot of practice into it..."

"You're babbling." Tabuki noted. "Calm down. Focus on the important bits."

"Right, right... okay. Cirno is... definitely the single most powerful fairy I know of." Tabuki continued simply. "On top of that, last I heard she was the one with the most controlled territories as well, so... she would be the strongest leader, with the biggest army. She's not unstoppable, though. Um, physically she's really strong. She's also smarter than most fairies, but only about average for the other leaders, less compared to most non-fairies, I guess. She's not that great at magic, or dodging either, she's supposed to be a little clumsy, but she's tough enough that she doesn't really need to be super good at that, and if she has to then she can make barriers of ice that'll have to be smashed through to get to her... pretty much at will, I suppose, though I don't think she'll just keep putting ice walls in the way unless she's being really hard pressed, and they wouldn't last very long anyway if that's how things were..."

Emerald nibbled her lower lip in thought.

"The play-fight game that the Hakurei Miko designed really takes advantage of her weaknesses." She mused. "Not good enough at magic to have the ability and stamina to make any really intricate patterns, any hit at all counts, so it doesn't matter how little even a full shot would hurt her, just taking it isn't a workable strategy.... Hm, I bet that's a sore spot for her, because she takes pride in being strong, and considers losing at anything to be weakness by default. Also... I've heard that she's jealous of people who are smarter or better at magic than her, and that she'd go pretty far to steal magic spells she's interested in, since nobody thinks it would be worth the effort to really teach her, but she just doesn't have the capacity to pull the big things off.... That's just a rumor, though, I can't really say for sure about it one way or the other any more than I can say anything about her and the frog goddess having a violent love-hate relationship. I mean, I know that the goddess tends to go out of her way to try to kill her whenever she has a spare moment, that much is fairly well known. But that's probably because most of Cirno's practice comes from freezing frogs, and there's a counter-rumor that insists she just plain hates Cirno and wants her to die for good... um, so like I said, you can't be sure with rumors."

Tabuki nodded thoughtfully.

"It's still more than I knew before." She pointed out. "Sunny Milk?"

"Uhm... Well, she can do a light... reflecting, control... thing?" Emerald offered uncertainly. "I don't really get how it works, and I don't think she does either, but she can make things invisible with it. I... don't really know much aside from that. Oh, I heard she keeps trying to sneak into feasts and parties to steal treats. I'm not sure that really helps, though.... Um, she's shorter than Cirno..."

"If you don't know something, it's fine."

"... Sorry." Emerald apologized anyway. "She and Luna used to control the territory I lived in back when my memories start. I never really met either of them, though, and people don't really talk about the things they get up to as much as Cirno or Lily..."

"I said it's fine." Tabuki insisted, rising and leaning heavily on her walking-wand. "I'll make do with what you can tell me."

"You should bring me along. And the zombies." Emerald suggested. "She's brought a couple of her more powerful along, so it's not like it's supposed to be a one to one meeting... One isn't in exactly great shape right now, but we're still the strongest troops you have available, and she won't be impressed with us but she'll be even less impressed if you go with no backup, or less than your best..."

Tabuki shrugged, but saw the point and made an order as she rose and began to head for the door.

---

[ ] Select entourage? Max 4 units.
>> No. 142528
>[ ] Select entourage? Max 4 units.

4 max, or 4 max besides Emerald and the zombies?
>> No. 142529
4 max. "Emerald and the three zombies" is emerald's suggestion. It's limited because, seriously, what kind of impression are you going to give if you wander in there to meet Cirno and her two backups, and you're trailing your entire army behind you?

I was just going to push on with Emerald's suggestion, but then considered that this is actually the sort of thing that you should make a choice about.
>> No. 142530
>>142529
>what kind of impression are you going to give if you wander in there to meet Cirno and her two backups, and you're trailing your entire army behind you?

"The thousand nations of the Underground Empire descend upon you!"? But then Cirno would Sparta Kick our asses, so yeah, better keep the numbers low for now.

[x] Emerald and the three zombies.

Green Death squad ready to move out.
>> No. 142531
[X] Emerald and the three zombies.

I think we're going to meet our first 'below 50' person. Hopefully we don't get around the low 20's.
>> No. 142532
File 130838351516.jpg - (669.44KB , 641x800 , 6aa2b6edfac25f4ae1b4ba516df765c7.jpg ) [iqdb]
142532
>>142494
I notice that, technically, this phrasing leaves open the possibility that they gained non-battle XP.

>>142530
>"The thousand nations of the Underground Empire ascend upon you!"
FTFY?

As it is we seem to be giving off something more like From beneath you, we devour.

Which I guess I'm fine with.

[x] Emerald and the three zombies.

I was almost going to suggest bringing Fire Flingers instead, but that may constitute tipping our hand. Per Sun Tzu: where we are weak, feign strength; where we are strong, feign weakness. We want to look like a two-bit necromancer who relies on swarms of undead, not a loose glass cannon who can strategize and throw fireballs at the same time and do things she wants to to but can't -- that would move her to action.

(Admittedly, we have a Cha of crap, and Tabuki is unlikely to be able to pull off any convincing deceptions. Still, if we can at least leave Cirno thinking we have more undead than we really do, that's good enough.)

There is a small risk that Cirno may see us as an infestation to be eliminated proactively, but I think it's more likely she'll see us as being, well, icky. You don't put your feet in a hole you know has centipedes in it without a really good reason. Especially since we're clearly not actively bothering her otherwise, and she'll probably have plenty of warning before she really needs to care.

... please don't tell me we just burrowed up under her base of operations. If we did, we need to throw all that out the window and attack now, because it's her or us. (That, or somehow ally ourselves with her. We could offer to try to teach her something, I guess. Like in Civilization II where you give the invaders Literacy so they'll sign a nonaggression treaty.)


Also, just as an aside,
[x] Ask Emerald what would happen, hypothetically, if we were to fight Cirno and lose (but survive).
[x] Ask Emerald what would happen, hypothetically, if we were to fight Cirno and win.

....

- [?] Learn to danmaku properly soon, as clearly we're going to have to challenge Cirno to a danmaku duel in the not too distant future.
>> No. 142535
>>142532
>please don't tell me we just burrowed up under her base of operations. If we did, we need to throw all that out the window and attack now, because it's her or us.

I think that would be rather advantageous. While it's true that battle with her will be unavoidable, it also gives the chance to [b]stop[b] her advance completely by successfully defending a single territory, though we still need to capture it.

>I was almost going to suggest bringing Fire Flingers instead

So was I, but I'd rather have them kept as a secret until we really need them.

And by the way, Kahi, do the FF receive any bonus when fighting agains ice beings or being equipped with ice, like, melting their equipment or dealing bonus damage? Or is that possible only to Tabby?

>"The thousand nations of the Underground Empire ascend upon you!"
>From beneath you, we devour.

Hey, that's even better.
>> No. 142537
I was thinking about having Emerald take brawling lessons, but I'm not sure if she really needs it and Tabby should ask her if she wants to as opposed to just ordering her to do it.
>> No. 142538
>>142537
>I was thinking about having Emerald take brawling lessons, but I'm not sure if she really needs it

That's actually a good idea. She already inspires the meele troops by simply being bigger and stronger than them. If she learns how to fight, she may impress them even more. Of course, that doesn't mean there will be any actual combar bonus to the other troops, but Emerald alone should probbly receive HUGE boost.

>Tabby should ask her if she wants to as opposed to just ordering her to do it.

Yeah, she should. And we also need to remember that with Emerald away for some time, our combat power decreases significantly.
>> No. 142540
>>142538
When that happens, the army should go on defense, with whatever spare manpower being used to make money.
>> No. 142541
Fire does deal a little extra damage to ice. An extra 50%. However, ice hits back with extra damage too. Cirno's Knights are all Ice by default, since that's how she equips them. Witches can use a bunch of different elements, though. Fire, ice, zappy, different stuff.
>> No. 142542
[X] Emerald and the three zombies.

Better to keep her from getting a look at our upgradable troops... wait, can we give zombies weapons too? I've been thinking no but I can't remember anyone saying before.
>> No. 142543
Zombies can't change classes, but can equip some weapons and armor, if you want.
>> No. 142544
[X] Emerald and the three zombies.
We need armor and more training and money and troops and time and...
>> No. 142546
File 130844404544.jpg - (515.54KB , 850x680 , sample_4f0037bef3dfbd3dcf8b6b1e14a969d3c60db488.jpg ) [iqdb]
142546
"Tell me." Tabuki mused aloud as they made their way through the tunnels. "What happens if I fight Cirno, and lose?"

"If you lose..." Emerald thought for a moment, quietly. "... She'll probably seal you in ice. It's what she does when she wins fights against other leaders. There's a good chance you'll die of it... since the other leaders are fairies, it doesn't matter if they thaw out or shatter, since death isn't a huge problem, but..."

"Losing isn't advisable, then." Tabuki decided. "If I win?"

"If you win... in the tunnels, she'll probably seal off a passage with a sheet of ice two or three times her height wide, and run." Emerald decided. "No, that's if you look like you're going to win. If it's on the surface, that won't work so well, so she'll just fly up. Way, way up, to where it gets super cold, and nobody can really keep fighting as well as she can. The only way to really win, instead of just driving her back, is to make it so she can't retreat at all."

"Sounds difficult..." Tabuki mumbled, thinking carefully.

They fell silent as they continued on, caverns growing steadily colder, until their breath frosted the air in front of them as they came to a stop.

"You're late. You kept me waiting." Cirno accused.

Then she took a step forward, caught one foot on a rock, and slammed heavily and face-first into the ground. It was... somehow almost cute, and amusing, in the same motion. And then Cirno slammed a fist into the ground next to herself in frustration as she rose, sending a giant spiderweb of deep cracks outward through the stone floor, and any humor that Tabuki might have found in the situation died a sudden and painful death.

"Aaaugh... I hate these caves." Cirno grumbled, rubbing at her nose, eyes narrowed. "Too small to fly properly in, the ground is hard, and it's dark and dusty.... ugh. This is your fault, for making me come down here."

Cirno snapped her fingers, and mist congealed out of the air, gathering into a throne of Ice that she settled down upon.

"So, you're a new player." She said, slightly calmer than before, casting her gaze over the group, judging them. Tabuki did her best to conceal her state of injury, but Cirno's eyes lingered upon her. Taking in shortness of breath, how she was leaning on her ivory stick, small details that she seemed to be piecing together rapidly in her head. Then they moved on, lingering momentarily over the zombies before passing over Emerald without so much as a second glance. By now, her entourage had floated up to stand on the armrests of her frozen throne, as her brow crinkled in thought.

".... You are a Necrophile." She accused, simply. "And you were in a fight not long ago, that didn't go well for you, that you haven't healed from. So, what's stopping me from going down these tunnels, stomping out your army, and taking whatever resources you have for myself?"

---

The meeting is not off to a good start.

[ ] Tabuki's response (write-in)
>> No. 142549
I can't think of anything because there's nothing stopping her from doing so. Time to use my cunning.
...
Ok, I will do a terrible write-in that will win by default unless someone smarter than me makes another one. Genius!

[x]Because I will tell the Shrine Maiden about you and your little army and pay her enough money to make sure you and all of them are killed as painfully as possible as soon as you revive for several weeks until you forget even your fucking name!
>> No. 142551
>>142546

Wait a minute...

A necrophile..? I think you mean a necromancer, right? Unless Tabuki had some weird fetishes...
>> No. 142553
No error on my part. The word that Cirno used was Necrophile.

I'll just leave you to work at it from there.
>> No. 142554
It just ocurred to me, we now are going to face people traying to take over our territories. If we lose any piece of land, we lose the fairies recruited from there. Time to write down where we got our fairies from and take care of their homes.

So, more questions time! DO the same thing apply to the zombie fairies? And if we lose the FF's home territory, and then get it back, will they return as they were when we lose them, or we get fresh new conscript rank DMs?
>> No. 142555
No, the zombies and the original eight mooks are yours. You don't have any fairies actually tied to the palace. If you lose a territory and get it back, then you get the fairies you originally got back when you first got the territory, with whatever levels or class changes they've picked up in the mean time. If they were wearing any special armor or weapons or anything, they might not still be wearing that, depending on if the leader thought fast enough to take it away and give it to a troop further from the battle-lines.
>> No. 142556
[X] "How about a distinct lack of anything that would be useful to you? Unless you really want to try your hand at beating an Oni in a fight so you can have fairies work as waitresses. And then there's the Fire Caverns, but I doubt someone of your nature would want anything to do with such a place."
[X] "By the way, the correct term for someone who raises the dead is 'necromancer'. You don't want to know what a necrophile does. Really."
>> No. 142558
Just a suggestion: The matter of what the other fairy armies might do if Cirno's focusing solely on the undergorund?
>> No. 142560
[x] "Be aware, Cirno. May you be friend or foe, in the end, everyone is a soldier of the Necromancer's army, as one warrior falls, one undead warrior rises. And as you can see, even the fairies can become undead"

I support every bit of that speech but this part, as it seems that zombie fairies are naturally like that, because that's how they respawn, and I really don't want to mess up the chances of making her think we are a good necromancer.

[X] "How about a distinct lack of anything that would be useful to you? Unless you really want to try your hand at beating an Oni in a fight so you can have fairies work as waitresses. And then there's the Fire Caverns, but I doubt someone of your nature would want anything to do with such a place."
[X] "By the way, the correct term for someone who raises the dead is 'necromancer'. You don't want to know what a necrophile does. Really."

These are also good
>> No. 142561
>>142560


Are you voting for both?

>I support every bit of that speech but this part, as it seems that zombie fairies are naturally like that, because that's how they respawn, and I really don't want to mess up the chances of making her think we are a good necromancer.

Yeah, but does Cirno knows that?
>> No. 142562
[x] Sure you could try to do that... and then your army in the surface will be corb-stomped by your enemies while you try and fight your way into the fire caverns. Sunny Milk seemed eager to take them, actually.
-[x] And we wouldn't make it easy, mind you. I didn't lose to an Oni Deva to get backstabbed by a coward who attacks when his foes are weak.
>> No. 142573
I'm guessing there's a pretty good chance that either Cirno knows the difference between necrophile and necromancer and is just insulting us, or else relations between leaders and the fae they command aren't uncommon. Correcting her isn't the main thing we need to get across.

There's a good reason, and that's the same reason Emerald wound up at the Palace in the first place: most of what's down here isn't very valuable to faeries. The Underground is not prime real estate for Cirno's purposes, and her attention would be more fruitfully focused elsewhere. Aside from that, she risks trouble topside while faffing about down here. She hates the caves anyway, and she'll hate the Hell of Blazing Fires even more. Why bother with it?

The other reason is that while Tabuki is beat up right now, tomorrow she'll be better, and the day after that better still. Cirno won't conquer the underground overnight, and if we choose our battles, buy some equipment, and get some more training in either magic or fusion, we'll be ready to fight her when it really matters. Assuming she doesn't freeze us now, of course.

Not sure how to word this as a vote, but that's how I see it.

Kahi: What are the win/loss conditions for a side in the war? If we go all nuclear launch detected on Cirno at some point and actually kill her, does that mean she's out of the war or just that fight?
>> No. 142578
>>142573

You bring up good points, so I tried to make a vote with it.

[x] "Quite observant, aren't you? Yes, I have just had a duel against one of the 4 legendary oni, the Deva Yuugi. The battle, was most fruitous. Though the Deva of the Mountain survived and the duel ended in a draw, a very good agreement was made, and her support has been most welcomed."
[x] "Unfortunatly, that's where your smarts end. Necrophile? Unless you really intended on insulting me by accusing me of having sex with the dead, I believe the word you are looking for is 'Necromancer'."
[x] "So, why would you want these areas? Hell, why are you even here? Didn't you just say you hate caves? Does the distinct lack of anything the surface has attract you? What are you a 'Nothing-phile'? Or do you really want to exchange punches with the whole oni population? Or you suddenly decided to become a fire fairy and want to move to the Fire Chambers of the Hell of Blazing Fires?
[x] "Don't you have a real war to fight for real territories with real resources on the surface?"

Of course, I am also replacing my original vote (>>142550)
with this one.
>> No. 142583
File 130853999645.jpg - (279.21KB , 800x1032 , 1275870872046.jpg ) [iqdb]
142583
[x] "Necrophile?" Tabuki raises an eyebrow. "Emerald, dear, is there something you're not telling me?"

[x] "But to answer your question: because then you would be fighting in small, dark, cramped, filthy caves, against enemies who will keep eating you when you're down, for essentially no reward except access to the Hell of Blazing Fires."
[x] "And also because, despite my few advantages, I am small and weak, and would likely have no choice but to surrender..."
- [x] "... to Sunny Milk."

The author has seeded clues to Cirno's capabilities all through the last couple of posts. Cirno is not graceful, not bright, not lucky, but charismatic and strong and perceptive.

So a lot of the responses that have been given are on completely the wrong track. If we just tell her "because we are many and hungry and will devour you" she'll probably discern that we're bluffing. If we tell her "because I just fought an Oni Deva to a draw" she'll know we're overrepresenting ourselves, or just figure (correctly?) that Yuugi went easy on us.

So we should tell her the truth, and nothing but -- not out of any Oni-like principles, but because she will see through our lies like so much Saran Wrap. And, likewise, we should keep our threats credible, and ones we're willing to follow through on.

(And I actually do advocate surrendering to Sunny Milk, if we're losing and she'll have us.)

I admit I was torn! I did kind of like >>142562's
> [x] "I will say that we wouldn't make it easy. I didn't lose to an Oni
Deva to get stabbed by a coward who attacks when her foes are weak."

>>142561
She just might. Also, remember, we suck at lying.

>>142573
I agree with your strategy, but not with revealing it to Cirno. I think if she does attack we should gear up for a confrontation... and watch her troops, to see what kind of a chance we have of winning. Then we either go fight her personally, or surrender to Sunny Milk and be the lower claw in a pincer attack. (Possible humorous situation in the second case: we surrender, then Cirno attacks personally, so she fights the leader of the faction -- Sunny Milk. Along with her new lieutenant, Tabuki. (A fair fight? What's that?))

>>142578
... nnnno. Protip: Angering Cirno will probably not result in her backing down. Angering Cirno will more likely result in her making Frost the fifth horseman of the fucking apocalypse no matter how reasonable any underlying arguments are.






Also, I have just realized that a hundred years from now, when people bring up this war to her face, Tabuki's going to throw her hands in the air and say "I was young! I needed the money!"
>> No. 142584
File 130854357970.jpg - (156.93KB , 751x1063 , The_Rider_of_Frost_by_BlackMorass.jpg ) [iqdb]
142584
> Frost the fifth horseman of the fucking apocalypse

Funny you should say that...(Pic related)
>> No. 142585
[x]>>142583
Yeah this sounds far better. Good thinking
>> No. 142586
>>142583
Where do you get being perceptive from? It doesn't take much to tell that Tabby was in a tough fight.
>> No. 142588
>>142583
I fully agree with this.
>> No. 142590
>>142583
Considering Surrender so soon? What are you? French?
>> No. 142596
[x] "Necrophile?" Tabuki raises an eyebrow. "Emerald, dear, is there something you're not telling me?"

[x] "But to answer your question: because then you would be fighting in small, dark, cramped, filthy caves, against enemies who will keep eating you when you're down, for essentially no reward except access to the Hell of Blazing Fires."
[x] "And also because, despite my few advantages, I am small and weak, and would likely have no choice but to surrender..."
- [x] "... to Sunny Milk."
>> No. 142600
[x] "Necrophile?" Tabuki raises an eyebrow. "Emerald, dear, is there something you're not telling me?"

[x] "But to answer your question: because then you would be fighting in small, dark, cramped, filthy caves, against enemies who will keep eating you when you're down, for essentially no reward except access to the Hell of Blazing Fires."

Surrender, really? No way man, I can't accept that.
>> No. 142606
>>142600
You forgot the part about the other fairy armies attacking her less-guarded territories.
>> No. 142610
>>142606
The question to ask here is if Cirno knows about that. If she does, then I would recommend throwing out the "Surrendering to Sunny Milk" part. Otherwise, keep it as short and sweet (or bitter in this case) as possible, and don't give out ANY information that you're being attacked by the others or anything like that. So my votes are going to be...

[x] "Necrophile?" Tabuki raises an eyebrow. "Emerald, dear, is there something you're not telling me?"
[x] "But to answer your question: because then you would be fighting in small, dark, cramped, filthy caves, against enemies who will keep eating you when you're down, for essentially no reward except access to the Hell of Blazing Fires."
[x] "And also because, despite my few advantages, I am small and weak, and would likely have no choice but to surrender..." (ONLY IF CIRNO ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT THE INCURSIONS IN YOUR TERRTIROY)
- [x] "... to Sunny Milk." (ONLY IF CIRNO ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT THE INCURSIONS IN YOUR TERRTIROY)
>> No. 142613
>[x] "Necrophile?" Tabuki raises an eyebrow. "Emerald, dear, is there something you're not telling me?"

I really don't understand this part.
>> No. 142614
>>142613
Cirno is implying that Tabuki has sex with the dead with her comment that Tabuki is a Necrophile. As Tabuki has only had sex with Emerald, the joke runs along the lines of "Emerald, are you dead?"

Which is a subtle, though non-malicious way of calling Cirno an idiot. Well, for those that get Subtlety at any rate.
>> No. 142615
>>142610
What's funny now that I think about it is the Hell of Blazing Fires actually IS a MAJOR resource in and of itself. Why? It's easy access to the territories of the OTHER Fae Leaders. So making it look like the area is worthless serves a purpose.

Pretending that you're considering surrendering to Cirno's enemies has the benefit of pissing her off, not at you, but at the other forces, as if done right, it makes THEM look like the stronger faction when compared to Cirno's. If Cirno's attention can be focused elsewhere, it's not being focused on YOU!

The issue is that there is a very real and likely possibility that Cirno may take such a statement personally, causing it to backfire.

The real thing is, you need information. You need spies. You need deception (that isn't so complicated that it flies right over even the other leaders heads). You need to sow distrust.

If you had more information on the various factions, you could make it seem like there are traitors in Cirno's ranks working for the other guys, and you learned of this by accident or something, and are willing to give her this information for her "Not showing you who's boss." How do you think Cirno would act/react if she learned, and believed, that there were traitors under her command?

Yeah, I could see Faeries deserting her when she really starts cracking down on them trying to find non-existant traitors and spies in her ranks.
>> No. 142619
>>142614

Ah, now I understand, thanks. But, does Emerald know what a necrophile is?
>> No. 142620
>>142615
Well, presuming the whole great fairy thing doesn't keep that from happening. Best learn a bit more about the war and feiry politics before we try that.
>> No. 142622
File 130860561919.jpg - (10.28KB , 255x197 , my brain is full.jpg ) [iqdb]
142622
Fun Fact Time!

There are some materials that can be brought below absolute zero temperature. When an object goes below absolute zero, it doesn't get a negative temperature though. What does it do? It becomes hotter than INFINITE TEMPERATURE!

Cirno could infact make Fire from her control over Ice. Talk about Ice Burn.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20827893.500-how-to-create-temperatures-below-absolute-zero.html
>> No. 142630
File 130862367032.png - (3.94KB , 309x310 , Tenth01.png ) [iqdb]
142630
>>142586
>Taking in [...] small details that she seemed to be piecing together rapidly in her head.
That sentence, mostly.

And even if she doesn't have much of a Perception skill, our Charisma is worse.



>>142610
I ... think you're misreading that. We haven't actually been attacked by Sunny Milk yet; >>142606 is just saying that we should also mention 'oh, and by the way, Cirno-belle, while you're wasting time and resources on us down here, everybody on the surface is going to be kicking your ass to Assyria'.

(I disagree -- I don't think we should mention that, because we don't actually know what kind of tactical position Cirno's in upstairs, and she'll probably be able to tell that we're just it's a stab in the dark. She can just respond with something like "Ha! I, Cirno, will knock you all down!" and for all we know, it's true. Worse, she might feel like she has to fight us, because to do otherwise would be a show of weakness -- that is, if she didn't attack, we'd know she really was besieged and therefore vulnerable.)



>>142615
I like the concept, but again I don't think we can fool Cirno. Deceptions like that are for people who can lie convincingly, and Tabuki can't.

See that pie chart off to the left? Ceteris paribus, that green is our chances of successfully lying to someone's face. The white is where they can read us like a book. And the ceterae ain't pares here.

And also we don't have spies, and we have to do something right now.



>>142619
Unlikely, admittedly. But we can probably play along with whatever she says in response, if she responds at all. It's a rhetorical question, after all.


>>142622
I'm pretty sure this conversation has been had on these boards before. Short version: negative temperature doesn't work that way.
>> No. 142637
>> I ... think you're misreading that. We haven't actually been attacked by Sunny Milk yet; >>142606 is just saying that we should also mention 'oh, and by the way, Cirno-belle, while you're wasting time and resources on us down here, everybody on the surface is going to be kicking your ass to Assyria'.

Hmm I was reading it more as a threat, that we are willing to give up our independence to beat whoever invades us first.
>> No. 142640
>>142637
That's rather cowardly.
>> No. 142642
>>142640
Only if you actually mean to do it. Throwing it out there as a distraction works though. Still, that said, I'd only use it if I had no choice. It can backfire, and there is no reason to use it at this time.
>> No. 142647
Alright, I've been meaning to call this since sometime sunday, but it kept slipping my mind. Got something I have to do right now, but I'll definitely call it in a few hours, once that's done.
>> No. 142648
>>142647
Cool. Hey, I have a question. With the stats listed here >>141704 , does the luck score mean that Tabuki is very likely to have shit happen near/around/to-her that normally shouldn't, or does it mean that she just doesn't get any luck bonuses regarding events that take place?
>> No. 142654
File 130867963950.jpg - (373.88KB , 900x900 , 93b5bcc159dac81e66885ac9301b740508b57999.jpg ) [iqdb]
142654
>>142648

What it means is that if I roll luck for anything, she has a minimum chance, one in ten, of passing it. If, say, something happens like: "Old Hell Punishment Golem activates and wanders through [one of your territories]", it might be followed up with [Luck:Pass] = "It's heavily damaged from lack of maintenance", or "It wanders right back out again immediately afterward", [Luck:Fail] = "It's ready to get to work, and your army is what's available", or [Luck:Crit Fail] "It was following an escaped, tormented soul, and now you get to fight them both".

Now, I'm not saying this sort of thing might actually happen, just that if it did at some point, you wouldn't neccessarily see whether you passed or failed the luck roll at all, just the results. It might well be that failing a luck roll is what started that golem up in the first place. Or not, as the case may be. I'm pretty sure that was no help at all, but there you go.
>> No. 142655
>>142654
That actually explains a great deal. So on a luck roll, a D10 would be rolled, and anything not a roll of 10 would be treated as if it were a 1, with an actual roll of 1 treated as a "Well, this situation has just gone from bad to 'there are no words in any known language to describe just how fucked we at this moment'" type situation. That does make me wonder, will the (main) characters have the chance/ability to improve their statistics at any point in the story as it progresses?
>> No. 142656
The reverse, actually. 10 is critical failure, 1 is autosuccess. Roll your stat value or lower to pass.

There are some characters, also, who might have stats higher than the 'normal'(fairies, humans, most youkai) cap of 9. Yuugi, for example, is freakishly powerful even for oni, and would have to put in serious, even crippling handicaps to actually have a shot at failing a straight up test of strength.

Stat improvement: Possibly.
>> No. 142668
File 130868936618.jpg - (47.08KB , 425x308 , 130861759295 (1).jpg ) [iqdb]
142668
>>142654
>>142656
>A longer and clearer explanation as for why our min-maxed stats SUCKS ASS for this type of game
Oh.
>> No. 142670
>>142668
I'm sure this won't the last time anon's SHITTY Stat allotment will be biting us in the ass or shoved in our face.
>> No. 142672
File 130869093044.jpg - (86.78KB , 500x700 , 3ea34cdc373b20fa0d527d60fc3c8a752e9f0a09.jpg ) [iqdb]
142672
Tabuki blinked, once, very slowly at the accusation. Then she turned to Emerald.

"... Is there something you aren't telling me?"

"Lots!" Emerald replied without thinking, before pausing and hastily backpedaling. "Nothing important, though! I mean, sure a sweet or two might have gone missing from the kitchens, but I just confiscated it from someone that had taken it themselves!"

"No, that's... she just accused me of necrophilia, Emerald." Tabuki pointed out, wearily. "That's what I was driving at."

"Hey, I look, sure, but I haven't done anything without your permission." Emerald insisted, in a huff.

"That's also not... wait, what." Tabuki started, before derailing entirely.

"I mean, sure, it's weird that they have no body heat of their own, but it's not like you can find ugly fairies, dead or not." Emerald rambled on. "And, you know, it could be a little interesting! Well, assuming they can be trusted not to get bitey. And it might get boring really fast, since I'm not sure they can actually feel anything, but I guess even if they stop being interesting, you can have them hold someone down for you, or-"

"Emerald." Tabuki interrupted awkwardly. "That's... more than I wanted to know, for one, and for another I thought it should be assumed-"

Cirno stomped the floor, loudly.

"Shut up." She demanded. "You, leader, are you or aren't you?"

"... I think the word you're looking for might be necromancer, but-" Tabuki hedged, to be immediately interrupted.

"I know the difference." Cirno snapped. "Do you think I'm that stupid? I'll just go with no, then. You're kind of a prude, too, to be playing games with fae. Not my problem, though."

"... I see." Tabuki answered, voice strained.

"Back to the point. Why shouldn't I crush you?"

Tabuki took a breath, and went with the simple answer.

"Because you would have no choice but to fight in small, dark, filthy caves-"

"I don't have to come do it all personally." Cirno pointed out. "I can send Cecilia down, just offhand, and it'll feel like a lot more room to her." She continued, nudging the Knight at her side softly.

"... against enemies that won't stop eating you, just because you can't fight anymore-" Tabuki tried.

"So? You're talking about the zombies, right? If they can get through my armor at all, it might be a problem, but she's tough underneath it, too. I think she could go through..." Cirno paused, brow crinkling and lips moving slightly as she thought it out to herself. "... twenty a day, easy, on her own, if they're all like the one that was in here earlier. More if they don't come all at once." She finished, seeming hesitant about the actual number, but still vastly confident about her ability. That's just if I send her alone, too... I have more just as strong as her, and she's not the best I could throw at you if I really wanted."

Tabuki tried not to wonder about exactly what troops Cirno had at her command as she continued.

"... And you'll gain nothing but access to the Hell of Blazing Fires." she finished, stressing the last bit just slightly.

To her credit, Cirno did actually look slightly uncomfortable at that... then she frowned.

"You're trying to make that sound like a bad thing." She pointed out, brow creasing. "So... maybe there isn't much in the way of tasty goodies down here, but there might be something else..."

After a long moment, Cirno's eyebrows lifted.

"... There's a bunch of caves in Gensokyo." She mused aloud, staring directly at Tabuki. "Maybe you can go down one set... and come up another?"

Tabuki was ready for this, and carefully didn't flinch, or react to the implication. That seemed to be just what Cirno was looking for, though.

"You aren't denying it... Hm, that would be pretty neat, come to think of it." She said absently, thinking heavily about something, almost definitely trying to recall exactly where these caves were. "And you still haven't answered my question. What's stopping me?"

"... Well, for one, if you were to start pushing down forcibly... I would suddenly find myself much more receptive to negotiation from, say, Sunny Milk." Tabuki pointed out dryly.

Cirno's face darkened, an icy look entering her eyes.

"You're right." She admitted freely. "It might mean you'd ally with my opponents. But you're also wrong. Because then, it would be better for me to crush you right now."

Cirno shifted slightly in her frozen throne, and Tabuki suddenly noticed little details about it she hadn't, before. The spikes, for example.

"You know something? You're really bad at bargaining with fairies." Cirno said, grimly.

---

Negotiation is rapidly going down the drain. Current Cirno influence = 28

Cirno is losing patience. Time for a desperate decision.

[ ] Offer to settle the matter between the two of you, personally. Cirno vs Tabby.
[ ] Offer a trial-battle, to demonstrate approximately how an attempt on the underground would go for her. Cirno's entourage vs Tabby's.
[ ] Offer a bribe, to convince her to pretend you don't exist for a little while. [Input: item from war chest] Money won't do, and she won't wait for you to go buy something.
[ ] Humble yourself and allow Cirno to dictate terms, in exchange for not pressing an attack for a while.
>> No. 142673
Whoever said talking about allying with Sunny Milk was better than warning about the other armies attack... YOU'RE WRONG! Do us a favor and refrain from using that 'shining' intellect.

Shit, if Tabby was in better condition I'd be all for fighting Cirno one on one...
>> No. 142676
>>142673

I'm not him, but where was that suggested? Hmm, you know, that could have been a pretty neat bargainning chip, offer her information about the other armie's movements on the Underground.
>> No. 142678
I think the writer went with the "Maybe I'll ally with Sunny Milk" line as opposed to the warning about all the other forces teaming up while she's busy down here. But well we're basically screwed unless we get lucky in the personal fight, but seeing how those Min/maxers borked things up... OH SHHHHIIIIIITTTTT!
>> No. 142680
You know, I could have sworn I put this at the end of the first post in this thread, but glance and nope. Not at the end of the last one either. Huh.

Anyway, Tabby's right now at 25% health (25) from the 10 she was at yesterday. She'll keep healing 15% a day at this rate, and be back to full health inside a week.

Her magic is up to around 70%, it'll refill a lot faster. Might be full by tomorrow.
>> No. 142682
File 13086964087.gif - (362.35KB , 220x176 , Gif.gif ) [iqdb]
142682
Spend more point in "first aid" skill. It always help.
>> No. 142692
Changed vote.

[x] "Then consider this: as you have gussed, I have an easy access to almost all tunnels of the underground. Consequently, I also have the most fronts to defend. Instead of you taking my territories and spreading your forces to defend them all, I could hold these lands and supply you with any information I get about the other armies and their leaders while you concentrate on a single front with your whole forces, making your fights easier against the other leaders."
[x] If even that fails, then challenge her to a duel, remembering her that she is fighting an injured and weakened adversary.

I'm still in doubt, though. I'm scared of what will happen if Tabby loses (besides being frozen).
>> No. 142698
[x] Try to arrange a duel when you're healthy, beating a weakened opponent is no way to prove your strength.
-[x]Also try to have a cease fire between the two forces until then.

Honestly, we're screwed. This is just an attempt at buying some time to get out of the ten feet of Fuck we're in.
>> No. 142699
Fuck it, with the Charisma stat being so pathetically low thanks Anon, and Cirno being who she is, we're going to have to fight anyways.

[X] Time for a desperate decision? Get Emerald out of the way, bring the cave ceiling down on Cirno, then flee. Don't waste time with fancy words. That's not your style.
>> No. 142702
File 130870969895.png - (9.52KB , 347x514 , Tunnels III notes.png ) [iqdb]
142702
[ ] Set the ice of Cirno's throne on fire

...

So, uh, y'know, totally hypothetical question.

Could we pull a >>139592-ish thing and close off any or all of tunnels A, B, C, or D?
>> No. 142703
This is not at all what I was expecting when I glanced back in here.

So, uh, I'm going to say yes. You can collapse tunnels, and make new ones, with your earth-shaping wild magic. It'll probably even be cheaper than the human-child-sized statue you made back in the first thread, since there's no subtle features involved, and you don't have to keep bones from being ground to powder. You're just either making a hole, or making a hole stop existing.

Whether you can bring down the roof on Cirno before she notices you're pulling something, and responds to it? That's a bit more iffy. Well, it's an option, I guess. You can definitely try your odds. I'll just have to figure out how exactly I'm going to make it work...

Really, wasn't expecting any write-ins for this one. Go figure.
>> No. 142705
I've got a good idea.
[x]Get out of Cirno's eyesight, say you need to think it over or some stupid excuse like that.
-[x] Bring down the house mother-fucker.
>> No. 142706
[X] Time for a desperate decision? Get Emerald out of the way, bring the cave ceiling down on Cirno, then flee. Don't waste time with fancy words. That's not your style.
-[x] Remember to make sure that both entrance to Tunnels III-3 are closed off for good.

Changing vote.
>> No. 142715
> Really, wasn't expecting any write-ins for this one. Go figure.

When life gives you lemons, use those lemons to burn lifes house down!

[X] Time for a desperate decision? Get Emerald out of the way, bring the cave ceiling down on Cirno, then flee. Don't waste time with fancy words. That's not your style.
-[X] Remember to make sure that both entrance to Tunnels III-3 are closed off for good.

Question: if we close off the tunnels, would Cirno be able to open them up again by force?

And what would happen should Cirno be separated from the rest if her army due to cave in?
>> No. 142716
File 130872326830.jpg - (75.28KB , 750x600 , ingenuity.jpg ) [iqdb]
142716
>>142692
> words words words words words
Our foot's so far in our mouth as it is that we can taste the back of our knee. Why do you want to try for the whole leg?

>>142699
Fancy words totally are her style. (See her first line in >>142475.)

More seriously, this violates parley. That's likely to bring everyone down on our heads (like attacking a zone without a leader).

So:
[x] Say nothing; just get up and leave.
- [x] Collapse tunnels C, D, and (just for spite) that unnamed tunnel to XXI on our way out.
- [x] If she challenges us to a fight, accept as we're leaving, and then bring the house down.

Afterward, no matter what happens, as long as we live through it:
[x] "Emerald, dear? Could you do me a huge favor?"
- [x] "The next time I get the bright idea to talk my way out of a problem, tell me to shut the hell up."

>>142703
>Really, wasn't expecting any write-ins for this one. Go figure.

Pic related.

Also related:
> Say nothing; just get up and leave.
> Collapse all five tunnels from 3 on our way out.

Cirno would be trapped in the dark, and would have to kill herself to get out. This locks us in for a Cirno BAD END.

(I am not voting for this. I'm just pointing it out before someone else does so I can say in advance that it's a very, very bad idea.)
>> No. 142720
>>142716
Fancy words only work when you know how to use them. That requires Perception and Charisma, both of which are things Tabuki is lacking in at the moment. Tabuki may understand the fancy words with the best of them, but isn't quite skilled or experienced enough to be using them with others (especially others like Cirno) just yet.
>> No. 142724
>>142716
The chance of a bad end at this point: 95%, the remaining 5% is luck-based.
>> No. 142726
>>142724
Only if you trap Cirno with no way out. Blocking her out and making her think she just "Wasted her time" may make her dislike/hate you (which isn't much worse than is already the case), but she won't know that Tabuki can make new tunnels (until Tabuki builds up her forces a bit more before zerg rushing everyone unexpectedly after they already think that she is a "Non-issue").
>> No. 142727
Hm... I may be sticking my nose where I don't belong, but I believe you ended your last thread prematurely. Auto sage is 250 posts, you were hovering around 220.
>> No. 142728
Question for Kahi:
Could Tabuki reshape the tunnels themselves at a later date, so that ones that used to lead somewhere dont? It would make for a good maze for Cirno and co to get through when they decide to invade, and make only one path to use thats extremely complicated to get to.
>> No. 142729
>>142527
You know, I was rereading this thread, and part of the convo caught my attention the second time around. Specifically, the part regarding Cirno, Danmaku, and how it "Takes advantage of her weaknesses."

I don't think that's the case any longer. Why?

Icicle Fall (Easy) has a lot of pathetic and easy to spot openings in it, correct? But (to quote Jonen C), "If you take the easy way out, you're not fit to challenge the strongest, now are you?

If you're not fit to challenge the strongest, it would not be honorable for the strongest to beat on you. If you prove yourself worthy of facing the strongest, of course, don't expect her to go easy on you.

(There's bound to be at least one Touhou who takes it as a self imposed challenge to beat Icicle Fall - Easy - while treating the entire safe/blind spot as an off limits area, thus earning the respect of the Strongest.)

Unfortunately, there's also a couple of touhous who aren't quite bright enough to read the pattern and realize there's a safe zone... Which also handily explains (to an extent, at least) Team 9."

In addition, there's Touhou 12.8 (Great Fairy Wars Extra Stage), showing what an utter badass Cirno has become in just a few years time with Danmaku. Ahh, here's a youtube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kcaRwmLrqw&feature=player_embedded
>> No. 142730
>>142728
Even better, make a note to make a series of tunnels in the future that lead to nowhere at all.
>> No. 142734
>>142729
This Cirno is different. She smart, cunning, practical (doesn't seem to give a shit about honor) and ruthless. The only relation to canon Cirno I could find was the fucking name. Oh, and they're both bad at danmaku.
>> No. 142735
>>142724
There are worst things than a bad end you know?

[X] Time for a desperate decision? Get Emerald out of the way, bring the cave ceiling down on Cirno, then flee. Don't waste time with fancy words. That's not your style.
-[X] Remember to make sure that both entrance to Tunnels III-3 are closed off for good.

[x] "Emerald, dear? Could you do me a huge favor?"
- [x] "The next time I get the bright idea to talk my way out of a problem, tell me to shut the hell up."
>> No. 142740
>>142716
>Our foot's so far in our mouth as it is that we can taste the back of our knee. Why do you want to try for the whole leg?

Because unlike the earlier reasons we thought of had no usefulness to Cirno, and were just means to try to scare her off. Or insult her, whtever. This, however, offers a more pratical reason, something that may benefit her if she doesn't invade us.

Besides, shit is lready hitting the fan, it won't make much of a difference if she rejects this too.

>[X] Time for a desperate decision? Get Emerald out of the way, bring the cave ceiling down on Cirno, then flee. Don't waste time with fancy words. That's not your style.

Shouldn't Emerald stay to defend Tabuki while she melts the tunnels down?
>> No. 142744
>>142724

Okay, yeah, I'm just going to have to correct this.

If you fight Cirno and lose, you'll get frozen solid, as is standard operating procedure by now: ~33% chance of shattering.

Otherwise, she really doesn't like you (with reason, you've been kinda terrible diplomacy-wise so far, what with showing up late, ignoring her to hold a side-chat with your wife, general disrespect for another leader, and the whole trying and failing to bluff her into leaving bit. I mean, really, this has already gone way beyond what I'd planned for), but she's not really at the 'killing you because you're there and you' point yet. Until her Influence drops to 20 or below, she doesn't actually hate you outright.

The worst mood you see her in in canon is fairy wars, I think, where she hunts down other fairies because they trashed her house, and that passes pretty quick.

>>142734

Smart: enough to do basic math, anyway.

Honor: She's still playing by the rules, actually. They don't work quite the same between fairy and (honorary) fairy as they would if a human were involved, or if they were playing by the shrine maiden's rules of engagement, is all.
>> No. 142750
File 130876694646.png - (3.13KB , 164x188 , shit.png ) [iqdb]
142750
Anyway, called. Started rolling. Began with a magic roll, was going to move on to an opposed roll against Cirno's perception to see if you could pull it off unnoticed or if she was going to throw Cecilia at you before you finished.

Then: Pic related.

Update may be slightly delayed, I have to take a couple hours to figure out what the hell happens now.

Congrats, though. This diplomatic meeting has officially gone from bad to worse at every possible turn. It's actually kind of impressive.
>> No. 142751
>>142750
I lol'd. It still counts as feat right?

By the way, Please kill Tabuki off quickly, so we can restart and move on. The story (and your writing, to be honest) is too good to continue on this trainwreck of bad luck.
>> No. 142752
Fumble on diplomatic discussion?
Does that mean that Tabuki is going to start boxing the other guy sitting in front of her?

I'm not really reading this story, but I'm going to read just this update, because I think it'll be HILARIOUS!
>> No. 142754
>>142750

Oh, god fucking damnit. Why don't we just surrender then and/or let Cirno freeze and shatter Tabuki to pieces? I can't watch/read this anymore. ;_;
>> No. 142755
>>142750
I'm guessing this is going to be fucking awesome, correct?
>> No. 142756
>>142755
So long as it doesn't result in Shattered Fleshy Bits, I'm ok with it.
>> No. 142758
>>142744
Though in Fairy Wars, her house was wrecked in the winter and she waited until spring as to give herself an added challenge.
>> No. 142762
>>142750
>Then: Pic related.

Then Cirno failed her perception roll spetacularly? I'm ok with that. That was Cirno's perception roll, right? Right?


Aw man, just what we needed. Ok guys, instead of crying over something we have no more control of, let's try and think of something to stop Cirno from rolfstomping Tabuki (if she survives, that is). We can block the tunnels at a later turn, but then what?
>> No. 142763
File 130877819963.jpg - (198.36KB , 400x567 , someonealreadyuploadedthis.jpg ) [iqdb]
142763
Tabuki reached out, feeling the earth around them, knowing it, and slowly preparing to shape it as she considered her options.

She was fairly sure she couldn't win a direct fight against Cirno. Similarly, Cecelia alone seemed quite confident, she hated to say it but she doubted that Emerald and the zombies could win in a fight against her either. The thought of a bribe surfaced for a moment, but she couldn't think of anything Cirno might want, that she had. Just groveling and begging before the fairy, though... she didn't think her pride could take it. So, she had decided on another option.

"I don't suppose you'd let us just leave and pretend this whole conversation never happened, would you?" She wondered aloud, subtly tensing as she calculated. They were a little ways into the tunnel in between the areas, so...

"Hah. Not on your life. You've really irritated me so far, I'm not letting you be until I get something out of this." Cirno declared.

"... I see, then."

1d70=12, 12% total mp lost, reserves = 58%

Wordlessly, Tabuki wrenched at the stone above them, and... oh. Oh that wasn't good. She could feel the earth moving, far and away more than she'd hoped for, too much entirely, in fact. She'd shifted a critical point, it seemed, and now...

"Your face has gone- what the crap?" Cirno managed, as the stone around them cracked and shattered, and the floor gave way, even as hundreds of tons of earth began to fall.

Then there was a whirling of the world, and nausea, and falling. Well, she was falling, anyway. The rest were hastily flying down after her, keeping only a little ways ahead of the tumbling avalanche of stone behind them as it got rapidly darker, and she banged against the sides of the pit, and the bits of crumbling rock that had been the floor, until Emerald caught hold of her.

She could see now only by the dim glow of Cirno using her ability to create ice, flying backwards as she blasted away at the gathered detritus, slowly gathering it together and swelling it up to... plug. She was making a plug, to stop the rest from falling down past it, but it kept knocking bits awayas it ground against the wall. It was slowed, but only just enough to keep them ahead of the game, not enought to lodge it in place long enough for Cirno to fuse it to the walls. Even so, it was almost stunning in it's simplicity, and effectiveness... or, would be if it weren't for the gravity ripping it relentlessly downward.

She reached out, extending her will, and focused. Slowed falling. Lighter. The block of ice and stone would be these things. Begrudgingly, reality accepted this demand, and Cirno began to make more headway against it.

Then they came to a stop, there being only a new floor, heavy with rubble, in the way of their descent, and with a heavy crunching noise everything went completely black.

Tabuki took several deep breaths, heart pounding, to reassure herself that she was still, somehow, alive. Albeit slightly more battered than before, thencarefully set the base of her walking-wand against the ground and rose out of Emerald's grip.

"... Luminous." She said aloud, and stared up in a horrified sort of awe as light emerged, as though from a torch of roughly the same size. The ceiling was bulging downwards with ice, stone visible in its center and spread thinly throughout, down to a point where Cirno would be able to stand beneath it only if she hunched over and half-squatted. She was flat on her back beneath it, breathing heavily, arms still outstretched towards the mass.

"... Tabby..." Emerald mumbled quietly, tugging at her arm.

"That was too close..." She mumbled to herself.

"This is your fault, I just know it." Cirno groaned, as she rolled out from beneath, slowly, and shakily rose. "Ugh. What's your problem anyway? I just came to see if I could get a bribe. Even if you couldn't pay, I wouldn't have done anything bad. Not too bad, anyway. Maybe took one of your zombies hostage, or made you give me your clothes so you had to walk back through the tunnels naked, or I might have made you lick the cave-filth from my feet the way you were going... and you just went 'oh, I'll kill everyone here, and myself, instead. Gah. Fairies don't hate easily, you know, but if you keep this up..."

"Tabby..." Emerald murmured insistently again.

"I screwed up." Tabuki admitted. "It wasn't supposed to kill us all, just seal the tunnel. And maybe kill you in the bargain."

"Yeah, because that's the most comforting thing you could say." Cirno snapped back. "I guess it's good to know that you're not crazy though... just an [b]idiot[/i]."

Tabuki grit her teeth, biting back the urge to do it all again.

"Tabby!" Emerald said, loudly. "I don't think you've noticed, but we have bigger problems right now!"

Tabuki paused as there was a low moan, echoing through the tunnel system they'd crashed into, and slowly looked around. They were surrounded. A handful of zombie fairies, a couple of the cave squid she was used to seeing, and one particularly engorged specimen of the breed, half again the size of the other two.

".... This is also your fault." Cirno stubbornly insisted, as mist gathered into her hands, forming a long blade and shield similar to the ones Cecilia was carrying. The witch said nothing, simply gathering crackling electricity in her hands and turning it loose, blasting a zombie fairy to bits.

---

[ ] Action?
>> No. 142764
Hey Kahi, do you hang around the IRC at all?

>>142762
What Tabuki needs is an item/spell that will prevent her from being incased in ice, or dying automatically, or that will teleport her when her health gets too low and whatnot. That is what Tabuki needs. What she can create and get a hold of however is a seperate issue to the one of what she needs.
>> No. 142767
[X] Deal with the immediate issue first. Teach these Zombies who is the fucking boss here. Try to let Cirno and her mooks deal with the majority of the monsters and zombies if you can though.
[X] You have the ability to make new tunnels. Once the battle is over, put it to use.
[X] Leave Cirno and company to make their own way to the surface. Let's see how well Cirno deals with Sunny Milk and company taking her territory while she's busy trying to find a way to the surface.
[X] Make sure that Cirno and Company CAN make it back to the surface. After all, you don't want her stuck down there with you. Block off and make new tunnels to make sure this happens (and that she can't easily get to you to fuck your shit up).
[X] Ask Satori if she is willing to pay for a couple new tunnels to be made once you get back home.
>> No. 142791
Maybe it wouldn't be a great idea to let Cirno deal the most damage here. What if Emerald and the zombie fairies can earn experience in this fight, but Cirno hogs it all for herself?

Then again, her two followers are already elite ranked...
>> No. 142793
>>142791
While the experience would be appreciated, surviving with your forces relatively intact (and you not dead) takes precedence over that. Besides, if they're too busy fighting shit, they'll be too busy to deal with you as you make your escape.
>> No. 142801
> I just came to see if I could get a bribe. Even if you couldn't pay, I wouldn't have done anything bad. Not too bad, anyway. Maybe took one of your zombies hostage, or made you give me your clothes so you had to walk back through the tunnels naked, or I might have made you lick the cave-filth from my feet the way you were going... and you just went 'oh, I'll kill everyone here, and myself, instead.

> Implying that we wouldn't have been hurt all that much.

SON OF A-
>> No. 142805
>>142801
>made you give me your clothes so you had to walk back through the tunnels naked

If only she had said that before...
>> No. 142812
>>142801
Yeah it certainly doesn't sound like she was going to let us off easy or take just any bribe.
>> No. 142832
[x] Skewer the monsters with lances of stone.
[x] Try to immobilize the creatures by using your magic to create stone around their limbs.
[x] Use gravity magic whenever the monsters get too close.
[x]If all else fail, turn them into statues.
>> No. 142833
[x] Use your powers to open up a passage to the surface and ask Cirno and her guards to go through it.
-[x] "This is my fault and I'll take care of it, you can just go if you want to: there's no need for you to clean up my mess"
-[x] "Sorry about the negotiation bullshit, they told me you'd kill me on sight and I, unlike fairies, die when I'm killed, so I got a little desperate."
-[x] Give her the wand of light "Next time you want a bribe, just say so."

If you want to fix things with her, this is a good start. Humans can't really understand fairies and much less the small details of this war so I think that'd explain her negotiation failure.
>> No. 142836
>>142833
Dude.
We just fucking brought down a cave. How do you accidently bring down a cave with magic when you HAVE TO FOCUS to even use it? Negotiations are not going to work, The writefag has said this enough. If anything, We should be fighting or booking it out of there.
>> No. 142837
>>142833
>Humans can't really understand fairies

Tabuki is not a human. She is a doll that became a youkai.
>> No. 142840
>>142836
Uh, it doesn't say there that it was an accident. I guess he's trying to imply that she got a little desperate and... brought the cave down?
>>142837
This.

Waiting for a better write in.
>> No. 142843
>This would take some effort, not simply to achieve the desired result, but to do so in a fashion that didn't end with the roof of the cavern crashing down upon her and crushing her to death beneath broken stone, smothering her with the loosened earth drifting down through the cracks. Finesse. Overwhelming force, too, of course, given that she was effectively moving... well, admittedly not a mountain, or even a particularly large hill, but in any case care had to be taken when moving any quantity of earth around underground.

This was back in thread one. TLDR: you critically failed, shifted a key chunk of stone that was propping up other stuff, everything went to hell.

Note: anything you don't have and use a spell to do is subject to wild magic rules. You might use as little as 1% of your total reserves in getting it to work, if you're lucky, or blow it all at once if you're not.

Tunnels clarification: You can create tunnels between any two of your territories underground, and in the same area. Tabby just fell a really good ways, the hole they shot through wasn't in a perfectly straight line, and it was really disorienting. I guess you could pick a direction and angle to make a tunnel at, and keep doing that until you run out of MP, but that doesn't exactly hit me as a great plan to begin with, much less with stuff wanting to eat your face right now. Cirno was going to push a conversation in this direction once this skirmish was over, I guess I'm spilling early.

Also: I'm curious as to where you got "She'll kill you on sight" from. The closest thing to that is "If you fight her, and lose, she'll freeze you, and you might die."

She wasn't exactly being super-subtle about the bribe thing, either. Right from the start, she was fishing for "... because I'll give you this if you don't."
>> No. 142844
>>142843
losing the fight seemed rather likely considering tabby's sub-par condition. This prompted Anon to show their... 'shining intellect' to think of a way out. And by think of a way out, it's more like totally shoving their foot in their mouth.
>> No. 142846
>>142844

To be honest, the tunnel idea was perfectly fine. The problem was the bad magic roll, so we can only blame luck for this.

The write-ins for the meeting could have been better elaborated, yes. Just as Tabby has horrible charisma, so does Anon. Fitting, hm?
>> No. 142853
>>142846
Except that /th/ anon also has a rather sub par Int stat generally
>> No. 142865
File 130886386674.jpg - (347.31KB , 800x566 , 19286441.jpg ) [iqdb]
142865
>>142853
Wisdom was your dump stat, wasn't it? Stop mentioning how dumb /th/ is constantly. Thanks.
>> No. 142871
[x] Make palisades of earth spikes and barriers of ice to slow down the feral creatures advances.
[x] Gravity slam any creature that tries to get too close or try to fly/jump over the barriers.
[x] Trap the bigger Cave Squid in a gravity well and focus magical attacks on it.
-[x] Spam the fire magic on it. Ask Cirno to order her witch to help kill it.
[x] If a zombie fairy gets throught, try to order it to stop. Try to make it an ally. If it fails, burn it's face off.
[x] Impale the smaller cave squids that gets closer. If it gets too close, retreat and burn whatever it has for a face.
[x] Emerald and the good zombie fairies should never get close to the bigger Cave Squid, avoid the smaller squids if possible, and engage the bad zombie fairies.
-[x] Defending Tabuki has priority. If she is threatened, run back if needed and defend her.
-[x] Engage enemies individually, but don't fight if outnumbered. If outnumbered, retreat and join the another ally.
-[x] When in a group, focus on a single target.
-[x] Zombie Fairies should also defend Emerald. Tabuki still has priority.
-[x] If someone is being swalloed by a Cave Squid, interrupt it immediatly and rescue the victim. (This does not apply if the victim is Cirno or the Winter knight. This rule may apply even if Tabuki is being threatned, however, at least one must go help Tabuki).

Deleted my earlier vote in order to update it.
>> No. 142873
>>142871
[x] Make a wall of text using exact commands so that writefag can pretty much copy said wall of text directly and be unoriginal.
Dumbass.
>> No. 142877
>>142873
[x] Do nothing.
Genius.

>so that writefag can pretty much copy said wall of text directly and be unoriginal.


Kahi has as much freedom as he wishes for, you faggot. He is the writer, he chooses what happens. He may even mix everything up, like he did during the diplomatic meeting with Cirno.

You are underestimating the writefag. Don't do that.
>> No. 142883
> She wasn't exactly being super-subtle about the bribe thing, either. Right from the start, she was fishing for "... because I'll give you this if you don't."

Where did she first indicate she would accept a bribe during the conversation?
>> No. 142887
>>142843
And she never thought of making that clear, instead of making threats all around? Well I guess it's in-character for her.
>> No. 142893
>>142871
This plan is just what. Too long, and Tabuki can't just create rock barriers and impale things on spikes without using wild magic again. Let's save that for when we actually need it; most uses so far have had a serious downside.

[x] Increase gravity on at least the big squid, and ideally the smaller ones too.
- [x] If the big one looks like it's about to leap or pounce, decrease its gravity so it overshoots.
[x] Start spamming firebolt.
[x] Emerald and company can handle the zombies, one at a time as per usual.

Hopefully the increased gravity will keep the big one out of the fight; large creatures are proportionally weaker than small ones, oni devas excepted.
>> No. 142940
>>142893
Thought of something to add.
[x] Quickly inform Cirno and crew about the squids' attack method (eating small-enough victims).
>> No. 142962
File 130897648265.jpg - (133.36KB , 400x420 , Advice Marisa.jpg ) [iqdb]
142962
Screw it. This vote is now over 'how will you be handling fights in general, until you get back out'. This one in specific will be run with the strategy of "OH FUCK, DARK, ZOMBIES, TENTACLE THINGS, SHIT SHIT SHIT". It should not take this long to come up with a battle plan that multiple people can agree on.

Rolling 'n' writin'.
>> No. 142965
File 130898103193.png - (9.07KB , 716x479 , map.png ) [iqdb]
142965
Tabuki didn't have time to think, she just acted, launching a blast of her own flame out to render a zombie to ash as her own troops went to work alongside Cirno and her soldiers in hacking the surprised denizens of this area apart.

"Be careful not to let your soldiers get too close to the cave-squid's heads!" She called, half-turning to Cirno to relay the information. "They'll try to swallow you.... whole?"

Tongues. Oh dear. One had wrapped around her midsection, the other two binding a leg and an arm. She dropped the wand to scrabble at one for an instant, struggling against its pull before they were retracted back into its mouth, and she found herself being forced into a crushing hole, dripping with goop that burned her skin to touch.

Well, she reflected after a few moments of fruitless struggle, unable to breathe. Today just kept on getting better and better.

If she tried to force her way out with fire... well, it'd work, but she'd probably be severely injured in the process. She had all but made up her mind to try anyway, lungs having begun to ache from the lack of oxygen, when a cold hand clamped down around her calf, dragging her back out by force.

Tabuki's first act, once she was free of the crushing, burning darkness was to thank Cirno for her assistance. No, that was a lie. Her first act was to get dropped haphazardly to the ground and gasp greedily at the air as Cirno wrinkled her nose in disgust, shaking her now-slimy arm. her second was to get tackled by a wild-eyed and desperate seeming Emerald.

"... I'm not dead." Tabuki grunted, ribs protesting the force being applied to them. Emerald didn't speak yet, just held her and shivered.

"... and you live down here, with these things everywhere... why?" Cirno asked casually, having frozen the goop on her arm and begun to flake it off.

"Never mind." Tabby grumbled, trying to conceal the fact that she had begun wondering about just that herself.

"Great. So, any chance you can just pop open a new hole from down here to up there, done right this time."

"None at all." Tabby answered immediately. "I could try, of course, but... we didn't fall in a perfectly straight line, the hole curved here and there, and it's full now. If I was able to pick, at random, an exact angle and direction which would intersect with another tunnel or open space, then certainly it would be easier... but the odds are very heavily stacked against it, and if I fail then I'll just have burned a good chunk of my reserves making a tunnel to nowhere. I don't think I have enough in me to just make a tunnel straight up to the surface from here either, before you ask."

"... Yeah, great. We're walking then, huh." Cirno said, the dim light revealing all her displeasure with the situation. "Well, let's go then. Something's going to smell blood and come to take a look, sooner or later. This tunnel goes two ways, pick one."

Tabuki glanced around... neither path seemed any better than the other.

---

[ ] To '1'
[ ] To '2'
>> No. 142966
And heres a battle report for whoever out there wants it.

Tabuki hp=25
Emerald hp = 37
Deady hp = 13
Dead2 hp = 7
Newdead hp = 15

Cirno hp ???
Cecilia hp = 50+20+10= 80
Witch hp = 25

ZF1 hp =15
ZF2 hp =15
ZF3 hp =15
CS1 hp= 10
CS2 hp= 10
BCS1 hp= 20

---

Tabby activates wand of light
Emerald- x
Deady- x
Dead2- x
Newdead- x

Cirno arms self with Frost Brand and Ice Shield
Cecilia- x
Witch- (elec) 1d8+14=17 damage to ZF3 (KO)

ZF1-x
ZF2-x
CS1-x
CS2-x
BCS1-x

---

Tabby: 1d10+9= 16 damage to (1d5=2) ZF2 (KO)
Emerald: 3 damage to (1d4=3) CS2 (7hp)
Deady: 4 damage to (1d4=4) BCS1 (16hp)
D2: 5 damage to (d4=4) bcs1 (11hp)
ND: 5 damage to (d4=4) bcs1 (6hp)

Cirno: (d4=4) cuts BCS1 in half.
Cecilia: (1d2+13=) 15 damage to (d3=2) CS1 (KO)
Witch: (Ice) 1d8+14=22 damage to (d2=1) ZF1 (KO)

CS2: 3 damage to (d8=1) Tabby. (22hp) Its tongues grip firmly.
CS2 attempts to swallow Tabby (hp=22/100, 1d100=98) It succeeds!
Tabby takes an additional 3 compression and acid damage.

Tabby: Constricted, can't move or fight.
Emerald: 6 damage to CS2 (4hp)
Deady: 4 damage to CS2 (KO)

Victory.
Tabuki is extracted immediately.

>> No. 142968
[x] To "2"
>> No. 142969
[x] To '1'
>> No. 142978
[x] To '1'
Why the fuck not?
>> No. 142980
[x] To '1'

Might as well. Also, no dread aura check?
>> No. 142981
[x]2
CHANCE
>> No. 142994
[x] To '1'
>> No. 142996
You aren't fighting for territories down here, you're fighting to get out. You'll get a lump sum of xp when or if you do. It might end up being more than the 1xp per fight you would have normally gotten, if you pick the right paths. Or it might be less, if you take a bunch of wrong turns.

Aura rolls will happen if you get back down there later and actually take and hold territory.
>> No. 142997
I choose 1.
>> No. 143005
>>142997

Well yeah, obviously you can't choose both.
>> No. 143026
>>143005
Is that a challenge? Fine. I choose BOTH!

Send one of your mooks with one of Cirno's down each passage tunnel. Have them scout out both passages for a few minutes, and then have them return with reports of what they saw (and make sure they CAN find their way back! That is IMPORTANT!). Once you know what's ahead of you in either passage, if neither of them give an obvious clue as to where they're going (such as them going up or down), let CIRNO choose the direction, that way if something goes wrong it's HER fault it occured, and not YOURS (plus it lets Cirno feel like she's in charge, which will make her more bearable to be around for the time being).
>> No. 143036
File 130911461933.png - (11.21KB , 716x479 , map2.png ) [iqdb]
143036
The ground crunched with loose, fallen detritus beneath Tabuki's feet, spread out from the falling mess, for quite some distance down the tunnels before it evened out into smoother stone. The thought of splitting up had occurred to her, actually, but was quickly discarded as she recalled that the wand, aside from quick bursts of flame, was the only source of light they had. The light shone brightly for some distance in both directions as they moved, casting eerie shadows around odd rock formations. Occasionally, there would be a quiet drip of water falling, or they would see a skittish fairy, quick to dart away at their approach, gone before they could call out.

The group paused as the tunnel widened out into a more spacious area, gathering themselves before moving in, wary eyes glinting through the gloom.

"... It's empty." Emerald mumbled.

Tabuki raised the wand a little higher, to cast the light a little further. Not satisfied with this, Cirno picked her up bodily and held her up at arms length. The chamber was, indeed, empty, save for a few scattered bones of cave-squid that had recently been here, still slightly spotted with gore. Cirno set her back down and moved to inspect them a little more closely, then picked up a set of jagged ribs.

"These weren't broken, or bit open. Seen that, and they get splintery." She said, running a finger over the smooth edges where the bones had come apart. "Too neat..."

"There's someone else down here, with a sword." Tabuki noted, the pieces fitting neatly together.

"Yeah. You catch on fast, when stuff is pointed out for you." Cirno noted. "Wish you could put everything together so quick. Would be saving us a lot of trouble now."

"You could have just asked for a tribute, instead of making noise about how you were going to stomp us out and take our things." Tabuki shot back.

"Yeah, and then I get the nearest useless bit of trash you can shove off on me. You only get good stuff if you're serious about it, and can follow up on things."

Cirno shrugged and tossed back the bones.

"Not like it matters now. Looks like there's nothing come to take a look at what went on in here, yet... and whoever it was dragged another one off... that way, if the blood's right. There's another couple tunnels too."

---

[ ] Go to (#)
>> No. 143037
>"Yeah, and then I get the nearest useless bit of trash you can shove off on me. You only get good stuff if you're serious about it, and can follow up on things."
Hahahaha! Like the good stuff Cirno got in the end? Only a fairy could argue about an action having better results when factual experience from 5 minutes ago proves otherwise.
>> No. 143038
[ ] Follow the blood.

Let's see what made the blood trail.

Also, current position is X, right?
>> No. 143039
>>[ ] Go to (#)

Giving us a BASE NUMBER of choices to choose from helps.
>> No. 143040
>>143039
The locations are in the map in post >>142965 . That said, it would help if we knew what path had a trail of blood going down it. After a little though, I choose the path with the blood. Sure, there is likely going to be a fight, but whatever made the trail has likely also killed anything else in its way, meaning we won't have to fight a horde of Mooks, just a Mid-Boss (if we end up in a fight). That is a fight that can be prepared for (letting Cirno and Co. be the first ones squished in such the heroic endeavour of keeping your ass alive doesn't hurt at all).
>> No. 143042
X is the start position, map updates as you move. The one with the blood is the territory that's grey'd instead of white, '3'.

Also, in Cirno's defense, she's actually drawing on experience of extorting things from other leaders. Getting a few thousand tons of rock dropped at her head the second the talk starts to go places the other party doesn't want it to is a newish thing for her, usually the worst outcome is that one side gets humiliated by the other somehow, and maybe fights start up in earnest the day after.
>> No. 143044
[x] Follow the blood (3)
Yeah, we don't have much else to go with.
>> No. 143045
>Getting a few thousand tons of rock dropped at her head the second the talk starts to go places the other party doesn't want it to is a newish thing for her, usually the worst outcome is that one side gets humiliated by the other somehow, and maybe fights start up in earnest the day after.

Chance for bonding? Or to at least improve our horrible infuence with her.
>> No. 143046
[x] Follow the blood (3)
>> No. 143047
I'm changing my vote from "Follow the blood" to BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
>> No. 143055
File 130914154899.png - (11.34KB , 716x479 , map3.png ) [iqdb]
143055
Tabuki was no coward, at the very least. Further, following the trail of blood was simply a practical decision, as it was likely that if nothing had come yet to inspect the left-behind fight scene, then whoever it was that was down here would probably be cutting a path through whatever else was down here, and the less they had to fight, the better shape they would be in for fights they couldn't avoid.

Naturally, they found her not particularly far down the tunnel, in a smaller opening. She stared blankly at their approach, face below the nose covered in blood, dry and fresh alike. Her robes were worn threadbare, original color unknowable beneath the caked mud and blood staining it a uniform, disgusting hue. Her hair was matted and unwashed, and she was deathly pale from what Tabuki could only guess was a long-running lack of exposure to sunlight. The light from the wand seemed to aggravate her eyes, as she squinted, holding up a hand to shade them long enough to adapt, and she was thin, despite having been midway through gorging herself on an oversized spider before they came upon her. Her sword, sheathed and nestled gently in the crook of one arm, didn't seem to have endured much better than she herself had.

"Light..." She rasped dully, initially seeming unable to comprehend it. "I... cannot remember how long it has been since I last saw..."

She shook herself and rubbed at her face, seeming suddenly self-conscious, but achieved nothing more than smearing the wetness a little further and flaking off some of the dried gore.

"Who are you... what are you doing in a place like this?" Emerald asked quietly.

"... My name is Meira." The woman answered after a long moment, seeming to have had to think hard to recall. "I came down here chasing someone. I had heard that she was attacking Makai, and I was confident enough in my training that I felt I could win, if I intercepted her..." She explained. "... But my sense of direction is not so good, in these winding tunnels, and after a few wrong turns there was a cave-in. I was left with no choice but to continue on, as it grew darker and deeper. I had brought a pair of torches, just in case... but they do not last forever. Ever since, I've been searching for a way back up, but in the darkness, with no clue as to which way a winding tunnel might lead, or if I had been down a tunnel before..."

She shook her head, sadly.

"I have wandered these tunnels since."

"Geeze.... sounds dumb of you." Cirno remarked. "That was the best plan you could come up with?"

"I had thought to wait near the aperture on the surface." Meira admitted. "And ambush her as she left, but the possibility then was that Shinki might win, and simply destroy her. It would have been better had I waited, but I chose against it."

"Dummy~" Cirno jeered, and Tabuki knocked her in the side of her knee for it.

"So... what brings you, then, to this pit of despair?" Meira asked.

"Oh, that's because this dummy-"

"Would rather drop everyone down a deep hole and close it up than pay tributes." Tabuki finished for Cirno in a long-suffering tone.

"Yeah, I was going to say that!" Cirno shrugged and pointed a finger at the ceiling. "Anyway, we're going up. I guess you can come along. If you beg."

Tabuki whacked her leg again.

"Ow, dammit, stop that!" Cirno snapped.

Meira's eyes had filled with suspicion before she answered, though.

"... I have heard stories." She said, after a long moment. "That after accepting a favor from a fae, you are bound to do them a favor in turn, no matter what they might ask of you."

"Ahahaha, who believes in stories like that any-" Cirno began, before Emerald interrupted with "That's right."

Emerald sent a chiding look Cirno's way, and the larger fairy sent a look of disgust back in turn.

"... Some of us don't have any scruples about getting their hands on favors owed, either." She continued, pointedly. "They'll even pretend that isn't how it works, even though it is. And it works the other way around, too, if you do one of us a favor then we have to repay you somehow. We usually have the upper hand, though, because neither side needs to actually demand anything, can just do something and call it even... but it's usually a lot harder for a human who owes one of us a favor to track us down and, like, clean a house or fill a basket with fruit, or something. Most youkai, too... though people usually don't think fairies can be helpful enough to bother asking, anyway, when there's so many bigger and stronger options available. And owing us a favor for something is... well, not all of us are really nice. It can be worse than doing whatever you needed help for on your own, sometimes."

"Yeah, loudmouth has it right." Cirno grumbled. "Two of us that matter here, me and the fairy-by-default over there that got us in this mess to begin with. So that's a favor for each of us, if you tag along. Take it or stay here."

Meira frowned slightly for a moment.

"... I suppose I have little choice, unless I wish to keep wandering through these tunnels until I find a way out, or die." She grudgingly admitted. "Though I will know what is to be required of me first, before I agree."

Tabuki hesitated before realizing that Cirno was looking her way, and Emerald was nudging her in the side.

"... You never told me about any of this." She hissed softly, through her teeth.

"You never asked." Emerald whispered back. "Just pick something."

Tabuki thought quickly.

---

[ ] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
-[ ] "That sword of yours. I'll be keeping it." Whimsical Youkai option.
-[ ] "You must be strong, to have survived down here on your own. Join my army, and fight at my command." Conqueror's option.
-[ ] "Money makes the world go around. You'll owe me a lot of it, once you're out." The Scrooge option.
-[ ] "You'll owe me your firstborn child. If you don't have one, your body and soul go to me when you die." Stereotypically Evil Youkai option.
-[ ] Panic, let Emerald decide for you. Mystery option.
-[ ] A write-in is fine too.

Also go ahead and pick which territory you're going to be moving towards. Refer to the map.
>> No. 143057
[X] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
[X] It is said that those who save the lives of others become responsible for them. I ask for an oath of service from you. I do not know your strengths, so I will let you choose how you will serve. If you feel I need a warrior, then become the sword that will strike my enemies down. If you feel I need to be protected, then become the shield that ensures my survival. If you feel I need wisdom, than be the Wise Sage that I will turn to for advice. No matter what you choose, understand that I want you.
[X] Realize the unintended innuendo a second later.
[X} Blush and hurriedly say "I didn't mean that last part like that!"
>> No. 143058
[x] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
-[x] "You must be strong, to have survived down here on your own. Join my army, and fight at my command." Conqueror's option.
>> No. 143059
[x] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
-[x] "You must be strong, to have survived down here on your own. Join my army, and fight at my command." Conqueror's option.

Sure the sword would be nice, but having an able fighter to use it would be much better.
>> No. 143060
[X] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
[X] It is said that those who save the lives of others become responsible for them. I ask for an oath of service from you. I do not know your strengths, so I will let you choose how you will serve. If you feel I need a warrior, then become the sword that will strike my enemies down. If you feel I need to be protected, then become the shield that ensures my survival. If you feel I need wisdom, than be the Wise Sage that I will turn to for advice. No matter what you choose, understand that I want you.
[X] Realize the unintended innuendo a second later.
[X} Blush and hurriedly say "I didn't mean that last part like that!"
>> No. 143061
[x] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
-[x] "You must be strong, to have survived down here on your own. Join my army, and fight at my command." Conqueror's option.
I lol'd at the typical evil youkai choice.
>> No. 143062
[x] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
-[x] "You must be strong, to have survived down here on your own. Join my army, and fight at my command." Conqueror's option.


>>143057
No.
>> No. 143064
[ ] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
-[ ] "You must be strong, to have survived down here on your own. Join my army, and fight at my command." Conqueror's option.

Need another general.
>> No. 143071
File 130918133843.jpg - (47.11KB , 425x308 , Mission Completed.jpg ) [iqdb]
143071
>Also go ahead and pick which territory you're going to be moving towards. Refer to the map.
Read the whole update guys.

[x] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
-[x] "You must be strong, to have survived down here on your own. Join my army, and fight at my command." Conqueror's option.

[x]4
An exit? Or more tunnels? Time will tell. Besides, going back to choose the other exit (5) will take much longer, increase the chances of a random encounter and have no benefit at all (both exits have the same amount of % of success, the kid we found here was completely lost)
>> No. 143072
>>143064

[x] Tunnel 4

Huh, completely missed Kahi's last line there.
>> No. 143073
>>143057
I don't know WHY people are voting for the standard options when Tabuki's Charisma is utter shit. Votes like this, that appeal to her INTELLIGENCE, rather than her CHARISMA, seem like the way to go. However, you forget one important detail. If she asks for "How long", it really needs a timeframe, otherwise it's an automatic "Forever!", and that will result in a "No" response. Something along the lines of until she's no longer required or a year comes to pass, whichever come first, sounds best.

Anyways, Tunnel 4.
>> No. 143075
>>143073
You're assuming we all want success.
>> No. 143076
File 130918590527.jpg - (716.43KB , 650x895 , f9f35ae96cada7db21c6ebaaa8436c9b.jpg ) [iqdb]
143076
>>143073
Votes like that are more of a 'Charisma break' kind of thing and are cliche'd, really OOC, fairly pointless and don't appeal to her intelligence at all.

That said, stock options are the way to go right now because all write-ins so far have been shit or worse.
Truth is, you can rely on improvisation if your charisma is strong, not the other way around.
>> No. 143079
>>143076
So you're saying that "Charisma Break" is OOC with a Character with such Pathetic Charisma Stats?
>> No. 143084
>>143079
Yes. Charisma break is a retarded meme and OOC for our character and most real adults. Crying when faced with a difficult situation isn't the norm for people and much less for our MC, whom, despite being wounded, tired and severely outmatched, still refuses to lower her head to the most powerful fairy.
>> No. 143088
>>143073

Yes, Tabuki has high INT and INT-based choices are the way to go. Unfortunatly, is seems that you are lacking said attribute.

Let's see, whenever a default option is given, if it requires a stat roll, it is accompanied by what stat will be rolled:

>[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
>[ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]

Not only that, but Meira has no choice at all here. She doesn't need to be motivated or persuaded, she has to fulfill whatever is asked of her, unless she prefers to be left to die alone in the tunnels.
>> No. 143090
>>143084
Wait, crying? Where did you get "Crying" from? I thought it was more Embarressment at accidentally making an unintended sexual pass at her.
>> No. 143095
Meira can't refuse, it's fairy law.
>> No. 143137
[x] Favor for a favor, Choose one.
-[x] "You must be strong, to have survived down here on your own. Join my army, and fight at my command." Conqueror's option.
[x] Go to 4

Kind of a defensive draft, but we could definitely use another heavy hitter. She might be willing to train some of our melee mooks in swordfighting later, as well. This also has some advantages for her, as she would have access to our facilities for sleeping, cooking, and (frankly) bathing. She would only have to stay on until the end of the war, which shouldn't take an excessively long time.
>> No. 143147
>>143137
I'm not sure the war could really end, I figured the main goal is to take over the whole underground and maybe a few nice spots on the surface.
>> No. 143149
-[ ] "You'll owe me your firstborn child. If you don't have one, your body and soul go to me when you die." Stereotypically Evil Youkai option.
>> No. 143151
File 130923113611.jpg - (96.00KB , 553x679 , 1265510936893.jpg ) [iqdb]
143151
Alright, just going to call it and throw Meira's stats up.

---

[Meira] [General]

HP: 60 Base damage: 5-15

Equip: Heirloom Family Katana (rusty)- +6 damage. (11-21)

Ability: Quick Draw- May strike in the first turn despite being a Melee combatant.
Ability: Cross Cut- May strike twice per attack.

No troop bonus.

---

I'll be honest here, rusty, somewhat out of practice, and in bad a shape as she is, I still wasn't intending you to pick her up unless you came down here and found her on your own, which wasn't guaranteed to happen at all. Sure, there was a hint you could have picked up, theoretically, that might have told you someone was down here somewhere, but it wasn't an outright 'x person is in y area' thing. Well, so much for plans.

Also, she could totally have refused, and just kept trying to find her way out on her own. There was one option, even, that she would have refused outright with no question, and I'm sure you could have thought up something else that she would shut down right off the bat. Anyhow, stuff, today's been looong, things will happen when they happen.
>> No. 143152
File 130923117877.jpg - (416.88KB , 860x900 , meira.jpg ) [iqdb]
143152
DAMMIT, WRONG PICTURE.
>> No. 143156
>>143151
>>143152
Add to the next update the question: "are you a monster in disguise?"
Also, this pseudo-Kotohime is kinda weak and has no troop bonuses. Not really a good general, but has nice skills. Can she learn troop bonuses? Is she affected by Emerald's?
>> No. 143160
>>143151
>There was one option, even, that she would have refused outright with no question

Her family sword? I think everybody had guessed that.
>>143151
>I'll be honest here, rusty, somewhat out of practice, and in bad a shape as she is

She is stronger than Emerald and seems able to fight Cirno's winter knight. Just imagening her in a goos shape is...
>> No. 143163
>>143160
Indeed as once she gets rested up and her sword fixed, she'll be a great asset to the cause.
>> No. 143168
So, we're going to find a scorpion youkai eventually, judging from you're incorrect picture?
>> No. 143169
File 130924302641.jpg - (200.56KB , 900x652 , family_gathering_colored.jpg ) [iqdb]
143169
>>143168
Only after encountering the Bard. The Bards seduction roll can lead to some terrifying consequences.
>> No. 143188
>>143163
This is if we get enough money to get her sword fixed up. It's going to be hard to get her back into shape, You know that? But you know what?

We fucking got this shit.
>> No. 143195
>>143188
I wish I had your confidence. We don't have equipment for any of our fairies, how are we gonna get fix her's? And don't forget we still have to find Sakura.
>> No. 143198
>>143195
Cirno can make ice armour and weapons, why not make stone armour and weapons?

Plus, there's the fact that we don't have to remake them every day, unless the stone suddenly combusts.
>> No. 143199
>>143198

That's a lot of wild magic there. Equipping all of our fairies like that would probably kill Tabby, either of exhaustion or of a failure going very bad. We should probably read a book about the subject before attempting that.

Meira would probably receive a better bonus if her sword were restored. Even when rusted, it's a pretty strong blade, if it were restored...

So, fiding Sakura, seeing Mima, visiting the toy shop, train Emerald and other MM with Yuugi, read a book and going to the Metalworks for Meira's blade is she joins us. That's a lot of things now.
>> No. 143200
>>143198
Because they suck as armor and weapons. Seriously suck. The weight is prohibitive, it cracks too easy due to its inability to take stress, and when it cracks and breaks it can and will do damage to the one using it. If you're using stone points on wooden spears and whatnot that's one then, but what you're suggesting is another.

Metal, while it too has weight issues, is MUCH better for use as armor and weaponry, as it can take stress much better, and can flex, and what it does crack/break it can be reused and isn't as dangerous to the one(s) using it. The issue, regardless of who makes the armor and weapons, it time and effort. Either it will take Tabuki out of the fighting effort as she takes the time (and effort) to make them, or it takes the time and effort of someone else, and they'll want payment of some kind for that.

Which means we may be on another quest real soon in order to PAY for our troops weapons and armor.
>> No. 143211
In time we'll be able to afford gear for the fairies, Cirno just caught Tabby and Co. at a bad time.
>> No. 143215
>>143211

Having 5 fairies with uniforms working for Yuugi will give us a huge boost, specially after they acquire experience, and may also free the fairies working at the palace for combat. After we secure Nitori's place, with the three areas with 5 fairies each, we should make at least 15 silver pieces, 20 with uniformed fairies.

Guess we should be heading towards the Fire Chambers now. We have a sizeable army with good offense against neutral mooks.
>> No. 143220
>>143215
We'd need to balance out who works and who fights lest they start falling behind.
>> No. 143227
>>143220

The five fairies working at Yuugi have 0 or low exp. Since they are already there, why not let them stay? We've already seen Yuugi teaching something to one of them.
>> No. 143232
File 130930019849.png - (12.86KB , 716x479 , map4.png ) [iqdb]
143232
"Are you... strong?" Tabuki asked, before shaking her head. "No. To have survived down here on your own, you obviously have some measure of strength. So... fight for me. Strike where and when I command, for my own purposes. That is my bargain."

Meira seemed to mull the offer over for a moment.

"... Reasonable. I can easily see how a capable swordswoman like myself would prove of use." She decided, allowing herself a faint hint of what might have once been smug superiority, but by this point was no more than battered pride. "I still have matters to settle with someone... so long as I can meet her on the battlefield again, the arrangement will suffice."

"Tch." Cirno grumbled. "Dragging a human into Fairy matters. She dies, it's all on you, you know? Anyway, uh.... hey, I know." The ice fairy smirked widely as something occurred to her. "For my favor... you can't fight against my army at all, okay? Fights between her forces and mine, you gotta stay out of things. Got it?"

"... Acceptable." Meira allowed, seeming slightly begrudging over this limitation, though not terribly out of sorts over it.

"Alright, then, and in exchange we'll take you out of here with us." Cirno finished, smugly, arms crossed over her chest. "It's a Compact."

Tabuki started as she felt magic suddenly twisting, around her and through her, before settling. By the discomfited look on Meira's face, she had felt it as well, though Cirno seemed pleased with herself.

Meira stretched idly as she rose, and Tabuki realized that these tunnels, confining as they were for Cirno, had to be even more so for the larger woman, her head just shy of the roof, not quite cramped enough to force her to lean down to move through them, but close.

"... Let's go, then." She said, awkwardly.

The trek through the next tunnel was silent, enough so that they could hear movement in the open space beyond before they actually reached it, the soft taps of cave-squid feet against the ground, coupled with a quiet skittering.... spider, Tabuki realized, as they picked up speed, charging in to the battle rather than allowing themselves to be ambushed.

There were two of the bigger ones in the group, along with a few floating undead fairies. Tabuki began by setting one on fire, at a distance... and then Meira began to show her worth, as she moved. It wasn't fluid, or graceful, though she suspected it should have been, but rather jerky and slightly over-rigid. It was still fast, the blade in her hands lashing out viciously, first at one oversized squid beast, then the other. The first, the one Tabuki had marked with fire, toppled in a heap, spraying an arc of crimson, but the second wobble a bit and barely remained on its feet.

Cirno froze it solid from a distance, and it fell, shattering to pieces against the stone floor, and her witch took a cue from Tabby's own spell, searing a zombie to ash in a gout of flame. The opposition seemed to have been startled by the suddenness of their attack, though they were quickly rousing themselves to fight, even as Tabuki's eyes peirced the gloom, searching, hunting for... there. The spider. It was, fortunately not near so large as the one she'd had a previous encounter with, and its chitinous carapace was brown and hairy, seeming softer and more vulnerable even at a glance than the glossy black that had encased that other. It was some measure of relief, at least...

But that zombie was too close now, no time to think about that. She blasted it with the full force of her spell, and... it staggered back, burning, but stood strong. Clearly, this one was more powerful than the others, as she was sure that the strike would have thoroughly immolated any of its brethren. Tch. Emerald landed a blow, but the fact that it was still burning meant that she had had to aim her fists more carefully than usual, and she left the least amount of damage she could possibly have managed. It staggered back again, but still stood, while Emerald's own zombies set into the live enemies with delight. Meira neatly bisected one of the smaller squid, then finished off the zombie that had been approaching Tabuki.

Cirno snorted softly as she hacked the remaining undead apart through its midsection, and her Knight and Witch set to assisting the zombies, taking out the other squid and heavily damaging the spider at the same time. It was the only thing remaining, now, zombie sprawled across its back and chewing at the base of one of its legs, carapace rent asunder, seeming to know full well that its time had come. It didn't stop it from leaping across the fray, in spite of the encumbrance, to sink its dripping fangs into Cirno's calf.

"GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!" The fairy howled swinging her leg wildly. Tabuki blasted it with flame, and it released its hold, crumbling into a tangle of legs as it fell to the ground, the zombie releasing it as it pulled away, trying to avoid being caught up in the small tongues of fire now licking greedily at what had been left behind.

Cirno limped a couple steps before stumbling, then sat awkwardly down, rubbing at her leg.

"Ugh... poison." She groaned. "Bit of a kick, too. Hold on and let me catch my breath..."

Cirno sat there for a moment, breathing heavily, then gathered mist to her hand as she froze a covering over the wound.

"Bleh. Gonna feel sick in the morning." She griped. "That'll be fun. Had worse, though, Dai's friend can do really bad things when she's cranky..." She broke off into mumbles as she rose, wobbling slightly before she got her balance and shook off the effects.

Tabuki stared down one of the tunnels, squinting lightly.

"I... think this one goes back to a place we've already been." She decided. "It's the right direction, anyway, and the angles are about right...."

"Huh. Yeah, I think so too. Well, still got two more directions out from here." Cirno noted, waving at the tunnels she meant.

---

[ ] Head for (#), refer to map.
>> No. 143233
Tabuki hp =19
Emerald hp =37
Deady hp =13
Dead2 hp =7
Newdead hp = 15
Meira hp =60

Cirno hp = ???
Cecilia hp = 80
Witch hp = 25

ZF1 hp=15
ZF2 hp=15
ZF3(a) hp=22
CS1 hp=10
CS2 hp=10
BCS1 hp=20
BCS2 hp=20
Cave Spider hp=25

---

Tabby- 14 damage to (d8=7) BCS2 (6hp)
Emerald-x
Deady-x
Dead2-x
Newdead-x
Meira- 17 damage to (d8=6) BCS1 (3hp), 15 damage to (d8=7) BCS2 (KO)

Cirno- (d7=6) Flash-freezes BCS1 (KO)
Cecilia-x
Witch- (fire) 20 damage to (d6=1) ZF1 (KO)

ZF2-x
ZF3-x
CS1-x
CS2-x
CSp-x

Tabby-17 damage to (d5=2) ZF3 (5hp)
Emerald- 3 damage to (d5=2) ZF3 (2hp)
Deady- 4 damage to (d5=4) CS2 (6hp) Latches on.
Dead2- 5 damade to (d5=5) CSp (20hp) Latches on.
Newdead- 4 damage to (d5=3) CS1 (6hp) Latches on.
Meira- 19 damage to (d5=3) CS1 (KO) , 20 damage to (d4=2) ZF3 (KO)

Cirno- (d3=1) Hacks ZF2 in half. (KO)
Cecilia- 15 damage to (d2=2) CSp (5hp)
Witch- (Elec) 20 damage to (d2=1) CS1 (KO)

CSp- 1d6+2=5 damage to (d9=7) Cirno. Cirno is not very affected by the poison.

Tabby- 19 damage to CSp (KO)

Victory

>> No. 143235
Well that was clever of Cirno, making Miera a non factor in any future battles. Well we'd be foolish to rely too heavily on Miera compared to the bulk of the fairy army.

Where's the latest updated map?
>> No. 143236
File 130930103366.png - (12.61KB , 388x299 , tehmapp.png ) [iqdb]
143236
>>143235

Right about there.
>> No. 143243
File 130930420333.png - (83.76KB , 496x438 , 128185037190.png ) [iqdb]
143243
[x] Lower gravity around Miera, so that she can walk easier. Try to be as stealthy as you can while doing so
-[x] Go 6.
Both are random directions, but one is shorter and she seems to be good at detecting the right pattern for the caves (duh)
>> No. 143247
I'm going to ditto what >>143243 suggested. Worst case, 6 is still a shorter distance to turn around in than 7 is.
>> No. 143249
[x] Go to 1

Don't forget. Keep exploring the map.

More fights = more experience. We may also find something nice to loot.
>> No. 143250
>>143249
>Don't forget. Keep exploring the map.
Oh fuck, the nostalgia...
>> No. 143251
>>143249
We're at point "4" at the moment. Going back to point "1" only gives us two unexplored areas to go to. Area "2" (which is past area "X"), and area "5". We're injured, tired, and wanting to get OUT of there. Once healed up, sure, go back and explore/conquer a bit. Now? Now we need to get out (also, getting rid of Cirno as quickly as possible is kind of important). Both so we can seal off the tunnels leading to her territories, and so that we can build up our forces without having to deal with "The Strongest."

Also, we REALLY need to find the loophole in Cirno's portion of the deal. Cirno stated that Meira can't fight against her forces, but also stated that "Fights between her forces and mine, you gotta stay out of things." I'm wondering what happens if Cirno's forces attack Meira, or Meira traps an area beforehand. Hmm...
>> No. 143253
>>143249

>More fights = More XP

>>142996

>You aren't fighting for territories down here, you're fighting to get out. You'll get a lump sum of xp when or if you do. It might end up being more than the 1xp per fight you would have normally gotten, if you pick the right paths. Or it might be less, if you take a bunch of wrong turns.

I'll just be pointing this bit that's exactly the opposite of what I've already said out, then?
>> No. 143254
>>143253

Ah, right, completely forgot that. I thought that the xp we received at the end would be the sum of all the fights we've had during the way.

So, um, changing vote to
[x] Go to 6

Won't delete post because of the replies.
>> No. 143255
>>143251
It'd be pretty disastrous if Cirno caught Meira's group off guard. The only thing I can see to avoid it is to have her work near the other turfs for the time being.
>> No. 143256
>>143255
Indeed. All the more reason to collapse the end of the tunnel(s) leading to Cirno's territories when Tabuki gets the chance to do so. That way Cirno won't expect it when Tabuki opens up a few new ones and Zerg Rushes her territories long after she considers Tabuki a non-issue.
>> No. 143258
>>143256
Not a bad plan, but I'm not too keen in fighting Cirno. I'd rater consolidate our power here. She can have the outside, we keep the inside and Sunny Milk... can go ahead and die.

>Also, we REALLY need to find the loophole in Cirno's portion of the deal.
Done:
>"you can't fight against my army at all, okay? Fights between her forces and mine, you gotta stay out of things. Got it?"
Cirno is not part of her own forces. Meira can (and should) attack her when (if) we fight Cirno directly.
>> No. 143261
Why are 6 and 7 orange, while X and 1-5 are red?

I have a bad feeling about this...
>> No. 143263
Because the monitor on the computer I used to update the map is an ancient piece of junk, and I didn't notice the difference. It means nothing, I just needed colors that stood out for the numbers.
>> No. 143273
File 13093738539.png - (13.37KB , 716x479 , map5.png ) [iqdb]
143273
"The air down here.... it smells terrible." Cirno grumbled aloud.

"You get used to it." Meira replied.

"Yeah, well, you don't smell so nice yourself." Cirno pointed out, but returned to silence as they broke into a new area, picking up speed as they surged into battle. A hectic span of moments followed, crackling with flame and electricity and filling the air with the smell of blood freshly spilled as the underground denizens fell.

"... For one, at least, I'm glad we found you, Meira." Tabuki said, shifting the wand to get a better look at her zombies. "This one had already taken damage before we came here.... Another good hit on it, and I think it's done for until it respawns. And then there's one less body to attack and draw fire with. Well... only one way to go from here, unless we turn around."

Cirno took a deep whiff and frowned.

"I'll be glad to be gone, when we find the exit."

---

[ ] Move to (#)
>> No. 143274
I just realized that I've not been adding the witch's damage bonus from the equip into calculations. Gaaah. Doing it right, now, but I'm not going back to retcon the fights that have already happened.

Tabuki
Emerald
D1
D2
D3
Meira

Cirno
Cecilia
Witch

Spider1
Spider2
Spider3
ZF1
ZF2(a)
ZF3(a)
BCS1
BCS2

---

Tabby: 11 damage to (d8=1) Spider1 (14hp)
Emerald-x
D1-x
D2-x
D3-x
Meira- 17 damage to (d8=3) Spider3 (8hp), 11 damage to (d8=1) spider1 (3hp)

Cirno- (d8=6) Destroys ZF3 with a launched icicle.
Cecilia- x
Witch- (elec) 26 damage to (d7=7) BCS2 (KO)

Spider1-x
Spider2-x
Spider3-x
ZF1-x
ZF2-x
BCS1-x

Tabby- 10 damage to (d6=3) Spider3 (KO)
Emerald- 4 damage to (d5=5) BCS1 (15hp)
D1- 4 damage to (d5=1) Spider1 (KO)
D2- 4 damage to (d4=1) Spider2 (21hp) latches on.
D3- 5 damage to (d4=4) BCS1 (15hp) Latches on.
Meira- 18 damage to (d4=1) Spider2 (3hp), 13 damage to (d4=1) Spider2 (KO)

Cirno- (d3=2) cleaves ZF2 apart
Cecilia- 14 damage to (d2=2) BCS1 (1hp)
Witch- (fire) 23 damage to (d2=2) BCS1 (KO)

ZF1- 4 damage to (d9=4) D2 (3hp)

Tabby- 14 damage to ZF1 (1hp)
Emerald- 3 damage to ZF1 (KO)

Victory.

>> No. 143275
>>143273
On one hand, the more things killed here means less things that can ambush us, or that will need to be killed later on. Worst case, we drop the cave on its head. On the other hand, with the smell getting worse, we're likely walking into a fight that can be avoided here. Decisions, decisions.

[X] Tell Cirno that with the smell getting worse we're likely going to be walking into another fight. Tell her that if it's something you guys can't handle, you're dropping the cave on its head and going back the way you came and taking the other path (down tunnel 7). If that way still doesn't lead you anywhere, you'll go back here and open up the tunnel again to see where it leads.
>> No. 143276
>>143275
fuck, I forgot to add this part, and I can't delete the damn post.

[X] Tell Cirno that with the smell getting worse we're likely going to be walking into another fight. Tell her that if it's something you guys can't handle, you're dropping the cave on its head and going back the way you came and taking the other path (down tunnel 7). If that way still doesn't lead you anywhere, you'll go back here and open up the tunnel again to see where it leads.
[x] Continue to Tunnel 8. If enemies make it unpassable, drop the cave ceiling on them and go back to Tunnel 7.
>> No. 143278
[x] Ask Meira about the smell and how much does she know about these caves.
[x] Proceed to 8
>> No. 143279
"That smell... just keeps getting worse." Tabuki noted as they made their way slowly down the tunnel, wary of what they might come upon.

"Rot." Meira said grimly. "One of the tentacle creatures must have gotten ahold of something too big for it to swallow... and too tough for it to rip apart on its own, but not strong enough to escape. It's killed it... and is waiting for the decay to advance and weaken it enough that it can pull it apart into portions it can swallow."

There was a dull thump from up ahead, of a footfall, the cave-squid shifting in place. They paused in place, at a bend in the tunnel.

"... They're still blind, right?" Tabuki asked warily.

"Yes. It should be okay to peek, as long as we stay quiet..." Emerald murmured softly.

Tabuki nodded, and crept slowly towards the turn, the rest trailing equally warily behind her.

The first thing she saw was a bloated, large cave squid, itself half again the size of the bigger ones they'd seen so far. The problem wasn't that, however. It was that it was being held in the drooling tentacles of another, twice its own size. With a groan of hunger, it lifted its prey and slammed it bodily into a wall. There was a splintery crunch of bones shattering at the impact, but the creature didn't fall apart, although a disgusting mush had begun to ooze out of a rent in its side. One of the larger thing's tongues slithered around to lap at the mess and press its way intently into the pungent wound, seeking either better leverage to tear its meal into swallowable pieces, or for organs that hadn't already been liquified by the abuse to rip free and consume.

Emerald tugged her insistently back.

"... Not good." She said quietly. "That... it's bigger than a bear. I guess nobody's been down this deep in a while, or they would have raised an alarm in the city, and hunting parties would have been sent out."

"You have a city down here now? Ugh, whatever. We should kill it, anyway." Cirno decided. "I got a peek at one of the tunnels out of there... I think it heads up."

"It's not going to be that easy." Emerald argued. "The bigger they are, the harder they are to put down. Twice the size is four times as difficult. If we were Oni, sure, no problem, and we'd be a little to big and much too strong for it to just eat right away, if it catches us."

"I can take it." Cirno affirmed, grumbling, but waited.

"We could try to sneak past it..." Emerald said, thinking.

"But if it notices us, we'll have to fight anyway." Tabuki finished grimly.

"... yeah." Emerald agreed. "Or we could just run past it and hope. It's already got something to eat, and it's still just small enough to squeeze through these tunnels, but it might not bother chasing us down when it already has food. Then we could make an alert, and others would come kill it... if it's moved by then, though, it might take them a while to find it."

Emerald thought, then shook her head.

"... We could also distract it with a fight while you sneak past, then retreat once you've made it through, Tabby." She said, hesitating slightly. "But if it eats one of the zombies, or... well, squid insides... uhm. They're kind of magical, while the squids are alive anyway. I mean, you... once you get to the guts, you don't die right away." She finished feebly. "So... you would have to wait a few days for anyone who gets swallowed to get back to you."

"... That's horrifying." Tabuki said quietly, vividly reminded that she'd been eaten not long ago. "And it makes a twisted sort of sense. When fairies die, you don't leave much behind. So if they adapted to a fairy-heavy diet, then preventing those they devoured from dying for as long as possible would maximize what they would get from-"

"Can we... not talk about this?" Emerald asked quietly.

---

[ ] Plan?
>> No. 143280
[x] Sneak past it. The fairies could try to lift Tabuki up a bit, and hover to a safe spot. Meira should be like a ninja and make no sound.
[x] If a fight is inevitable, increase gravity on it and try to run from it. Engage only as necessary, but always rescue whoever is being swallowed by it.
>> No. 143282
[X] Sneaking past it is a BAD idea, as all it takes is a bit of bad luck, a lack of stealth on anyones part, or a bit of perception on the cave-squids part to notice you trying to sneak past it. Fighting it on its terms is just as much of a bad idea, and leaving it alone to ambush and devour others later on is just as bad.
[X] Lure it into a trap instead. Go back a bit, and make a pit in tunnel for use as a trap. Get the cave squid to follow one of the fairies right into the pit, and then have all the long range fighters throw magic at it when its in the hole. If that doesn't do much, cover the hole once the cave squid enters the trap.
>> No. 143286
>>143282

With out luck stat that low, yes, I agree that sneaking is a bad idea.
>> No. 143293
>>143286

Stats don't determine everything that happens. Moving stealthly is more agi-based than luck. If luck was involved in everything, it would be a broken stat and we would have suffered a fucking lot of bad things before.
>> No. 143294
[x] "If my plan fails, Cirno, you'll get your chance to take it on. I'm sure you could defeat it, but I don't think it's worth the risk"
-[X] Sneaking past it is a BAD idea, as all it takes is a bit of bad luck, a lack of stealth on anyones part, or a bit of perception on the cave-squids part to notice you trying to sneak past it. Fighting it on its terms is just as much of a bad idea, and leaving it alone to ambush and devour others later on is just as bad.
-[X] Lure it into a trap instead. Go back a bit, and make a pit in tunnel for use as a trap. Get the cave squid to follow one of the fairies right into the pit, and then have all the long range fighters throw magic at it when its in the hole. If that doesn't do much, cover the hole once the cave squid enters the trap.
-
Not a bad plan, thankfully those things can't fly. Thanks for the quick updates, writefag.
>> No. 143299
Hey Kahi, what gaming editions are you using here for your rolls, stats, and other assorted things like that? I'm tempted to do a D&D-esque game in Gensokyo, and I'm really liking how you're doing it here.
>> No. 143301
>>143299

Shouldn't you ask, like, Demetrious? I mean, he is the one actually doing a D&D-based story.
>> No. 143307
[x] "If my plan fails, Cirno, you'll get your chance to take it on. I'm sure you could defeat it, but I don't think it's worth the risk"
-[X] Sneaking past it is a BAD idea, as all it takes is a bit of bad luck, a lack of stealth on anyones part, or a bit of perception on the cave-squids part to notice you trying to sneak past it. Fighting it on its terms is just as much of a bad idea, and leaving it alone to ambush and devour others later on is just as bad.
-[X] Lure it into a trap instead. Go back a bit, and make a pit in tunnel for use as a trap. Get the cave squid to follow one of the fairies right into the pit, and then have all the long range fighters throw magic at it when its in the hole. If that doesn't do much, cover the hole once the cave squid enters the trap.
>> No. 143316
>>143299

Uh... don't really know what to say here. Mostly, I just work out how mechanics should work shortly before they actually become relevant. You won't find any core books or players guides for this. Demetrious would probably be a better bet for that, yeah.
>> No. 143317
File 130945474863.png - (13.56KB , 716x479 , map6.png ) [iqdb]
143317
"If we have to fight it, then you might get your chance, Cirno." Tabuki allowed. "But it's risky, and I think I have a plan that can do better. Step back..."

Tabuki took a deep breath, then knelt and placed a hand on the stone floor, reaching out and feeling the earth. With no sense of immediate urgency or required secrecy, she could take a minute to do this right and not risk any accidents.

1d58=42, total reserves = 16%

It was far more draining than she had expected it to be, though perhaps that was just the length and stress of the day wearing at her ability. No matter. She didn't think she could do much more today and still be good for anything, but if she pulled this off, then she wouldn't need to.

The floor melted gently away, sinking into a deep, deep pit, spanning the full width of the tunnel and more than three times the giant squid's length. She panted slightly from the effort, peering for a moment into the dark abyss before she rose again to her feet and beckoned the undead fairies.

"You three... go get its attention. Lure it this way. Since it's blind, it won't see the pit, and when it falls in we can just keep shooting at it from a distance."

They seemed to understand, floating off as she leaned heavily against the wall. The tunnels were quiet for a moment... then came a thump. Then a louder thump. Then repeated chrunches of flesh slamming heavily against stone, and what seemed to be a wheezing bellow, before the fairies reappeared, floating gently, just out of the reach of grasping tongues and tentacles, deftly drifting out of the way of its attempts to swat them out of the air with the decayed corpse it was still clutching, goading it further and faster as they went.

"Almost..." Tabuki mumbled, waiting as it approached the edge of the yawning pit. Three steps more. Just two. One more, and it would fall....

And then, everything went wrong, as it stumbled to a clumsy halt as one foot failed to meet the floor it had expected to be there, flailing desperately through empty air instead. Momentum pushed it forward a little, and Tabuki quickly reached out to affect its gravity, but it wasn't quite enough. The beast was half off the edge, but the other half remained firmly on solid ground, and it had already begun to shuffle its way a little back, to secure footing. The smaller corpse slipped from its grip, and reaching tentacles snagged out at it, but missed by hairs as it fell into the darkness.

It roared, then, across the pit, the noise filled both with animalistic hunger and a sort of dull, stupid fury at its prize being lost.

"... That could have gone better." Tabuki admitted.

"Worse to come." Meira said, pointing as the zombies floated past her. Tabuki squinted, then her eyes widened. The squid beast was shifting its bulk, angling its legs and setting its feet up against the wall. She hadn't taken that possibility into account, but if it wedged itself like that and kept forcing forward... given its size, it could make it across, slowly, in spite of the missing floor. "We should decide whether to fight or retreat now, before the choice is taken from us..."

"No problem." Cirno insisted. "Plan didn't work out, but in the tunnel there's no room for it to dodge. I can take it even easier now."

In the distance, Tabuki could faintly hear a loud crunch. It took a moment for it to click, but then she realized that Cirno's plug had probably just given out, filling the area they had landed in with shattered ice and stone.

---

[ ] Attack (Plan)
[ ] Retreat (Move to #)
[ ] Trust in Cirno
>> No. 143318
File 13094555655.png - (770.86KB , 783x844 , 128026794537.png ) [iqdb]
143318
[x] Trust in Cirno
-[x] Assist her if she asks you to, but keep the road clear for her.

I made the addition that says that 'Cirno will get her chance if the plan failed' so I can't back down now.
Unrelated but, I'm getting fucking tired of her luck (Not the actual stat, but the rl luck) she can't get a break at all. Of course, this is about chance, so I can't blame anyone but Obama.
Fucking Obama.
>> No. 143320
[X] Trust in Cirno.
[X] But be prepared to make a run for it (back down to tunnel 6) if Cirno's arrogance bites her in the ass.
[X] Ask Cirno if she'd like for the others and you to snip at it from a distance.
[X] If you don't think you'll get that chance to run (or fight), bring the mothercuking roof down on its motherfucking head, and then try to reopen the tunnel afterwards.
>> No. 143321
>>143318

Look at the bright side. Tabuki has lost a fuckton of MP.

Oh wait, that's not good at all!

[x] Trust in Cirno
>> No. 143322
>>143321
Silly, the good thing is that she loses % of her total, so having a high maximum MP doesn't matter at all!
Wait...
>> No. 143323
File 130946224562.jpg - (593.37KB , 850x602 , sample_bf2153cc1d27e2a23666de75d43fedd1e9d23982.jpg ) [iqdb]
143323
"... Fine." Tabuki said grimly, stepping to the side.

"Hm? What's that, now?" Cirno asked, grinning widely. "Think I missed it."

"I said fine. If you insist, do what you want. I leave it to you, Cirno."

"That's more like it!" the Ice fairy declared, taking a step forward and cracking her knuckles. The beast was already halfway across the pit.

"Alright, now... hm, how did that go... oh yeah." Cirno grinned, and mist coalesced into a thin rectangular sheet of ice, which she crushed in her hand. The motes of it sparkled and gathered together.

"That lady from the mansion has a neat trick." She declared. "I've seen and felt it enough times. Was interesting enough that I played around with one of my own. Thing is, unless you're really fast, it's hard to hit anything with it, 'cuz it only goes in a straight line, and if you move in any direction at all, at the right time, it'll totally miss. Let's see you jump out of the way now, though, ugly~"

The mist gathered into a spear, tip split into three prongs, and Cirno hauled back on the shaft as she spent a minute reinforcing it.

"Here goes!" Cirno declared, the tentacles now only handspans from her face, still reaching greedily forward "Frost Mimicry: Divine Trishula!"

Cirno let fly, and there was a resounding crack, accompanied by a flash of blue. When Tabuki blinked the glare away, and focused...

The beast was still there, tentacles still outstretched towards what it had considered the nearest source of food, but coated in an inch thick plating of ice, and there was a hole through it large enough for her to comfortably walk through. Behind it, there was a slightly smaller hole in the stone wall, and she could only guess that it continued for some distance.

Cirno smacked the ice, and with a loud series of cracks the squid crumbled into pieces, falling pathetically down the hole it had suspended itself over.

"Weeak~" Cirno jeered."A big dumb animal like that is nothing to me, the Strongest!"

Tabuki just stared, feeling slightly inadequate. She needed more spells. Better and stronger.

".... Yes, good job, Cirno." She managed to choke out, trying to ignore how smug the fairy looked. "Emerald, you'll... have to help me over the pit, I'm not sure I have enough in me to work the earth again today."

There was, fortunately, nothing in the midway area between the two sections of tunnels, as it seemed the bigger squid had been clearing that area out in its search for food before descending. The dim light of the higher tunnels was something of a relief, though.

"Haah... be happy if I never have to go underground again." Cirno remarked idly as they made their way steadily upward.

---

[ ] "I guess this is where we split up, then."
[ ] Remain silent and head back to the city.
[ ] "I guess I owe you a drink, or something."
>> No. 143324
File 130946386046.png - (14.59KB , 716x479 , map7.png ) [iqdb]
143324
Slightly delayed, but updated subtunnels map. Not that it's super-relevant, now you're out.
>> No. 143326
File 130946530560.png - (9.45KB , 347x514 , TunnelsIIIMap.png ) [iqdb]
143326
And the current state of the normal tunnels.

Anyway, had decided on 10xp for the whole thing. That brings troops to... let's see. Had to dig through notes...

Emerald, 17xp- Veteran. HP x2.0 (50), damage = 1d4+3, 4-7.
Bonus improvement: All melee troops under Emerald's command now gain +2 attack damage.

Deadies, 14, 12, and 10 xp- average. HPx1.5 (22), damage = 1d2+4, 5-6.

Meira, 10xp- average. HPx1.5 (90), damage = 1d11+8, 9-19.

---

Cirno's Witch ranks up to Master. HPx3.0 (30), damage = 1d8+17, 18-25.

>> No. 143327
[X] Remain silent and head back to the city.
[X] Get rid of Cirno. The less she sees, the less she'll know that there actually is something of worth down there.
[X] Plan. Plot. Scheme.
[X] When you get home, take a bath with Emerald (make damn sure Meira gets a bath and change of clothing too), go to bed, and then work out getting those lessons from Mima when you wake up.
>> No. 143328
>>143322

Dude, what are you trying to say? That's even worse. Losing in percentages is bad for bigger reserves, as the loss is proportional.

>>143324
>>143326

Ah, so that's what XXI was for. I thought it would be some nice resource, but instead it's just more tunnels. Kinda sad now, but we did find something (or someone) much better, so all is fine.

[ ] "I guess this is where we split up, then."

So many possibilities for each of these options.
>> No. 143332
Okay.
My vote goes for this [x]>>143325 if we can stay in the surface or
[x]"I guess I owe you a drink, or something."
If we cannot.
>> No. 143334
>>143332
We're not in the surface world; we're just back in Tunnels III-3. Cirno's territory is to the left, ours is to the right. Sage for not sure what to vote for.
>> No. 143336
>>143334
I apologize, revotan:

[x] That was an impressive move. Who was the lady of the lake whom you mentioned?
[x] "Thanks for the help"
-[x] "When I'm not half dead, I'll buy you a drink"
>> No. 143338
[ ] "I guess this is where we split up, then."
>> No. 143339
[X] "I guess this is where we split up, then."
[X] "The next time you want something from me, just ask, because if you spend your time threatening me again like you did earlier, I will drop the cave on your head."
[X] "Thanks."
[X] Walk off in silence.
>> No. 143341
File 130955835752.jpg - (199.35KB , 850x510 , sample_ceededc5368d6619fbc0fe548e141af508b487af.jpg ) [iqdb]
143341
>Lady of the lake.

Yeah, now I'm contemplating something vaguely like pic related. Tabuki could be a great Merlin, I guess, given time, though that's not exactly how I'd wanted it to go.

More importantly, it's about that time again, kiddies! Keep voting for the other thing, but go ahead and put your input in now for the Bonus you want.

A-

[ ] Red Hair in an empty tunnel.
[ ] The road not traveled.
[ ] Figure in the Dark.
[ ] Hey, one at a time, now.
[ ] Awkward conversations.
[ ] Retreat.
[ ] CHAAAAAARGE.
[ ] Reverse the flow.
[ ] Different Diplomatic Preparations.
[ ] Alternate favors.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.
>> No. 143343
End thread thing, see >>142327
>> No. 143344
>>143343

Actually, I was referring to the chosen option...
>> No. 143345
[X] The road not traveled.

Because curiousity killed that fucking cat and then brought it back as a fucking lich, that's why!
>> No. 143347
[x] Different Diplomatic Preparations.
[x] Alternate favors.
Intelligence. We need that. (wait, you can't make two votes no? Then take the first one)
>> No. 143349
[x] Different Diplomatic Preparations.
>> No. 143352
File 13095905293.jpg - (47.08KB , 300x168 , Dane-geld.jpg ) [iqdb]
143352
>>143323
> "Haah... be happy if I never have to go underground again." Cirno remarked idly as they made their way steadily upward.
This negotiation is officially a success.

[x] "Then I shall consider these negotiations concluded. Good day, miss Cirno."
[x] Leave.
- [x] (But if she asks for a bribe again as you're leaving, quote Kipling at her.)

Seriously, looking back on things, it's nice to know Cirno was as frustrated as we were, and making just-as-bad decisions at the negotiation table. (Although, to be fair to Cirno, I'm not sure she could ever have gotten a bribe out of Anon.)

>>143341

> [ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area: the Metaphorical Inside of Mima's Head)
I was tempted! But no, you would rightfully have squashed this. Or turned it into a more reasonable request for Mima's background, which maybe would be sensible to ask for; but eh, no one ever accused us of being sensible.

> [ ] Red Hair in an empty tunnel.
This would have been the Meira hint, wouldn't it? I admit I'm curious... but not that curious.

> [ ] Different Diplomatic Preparations.
Yes. We suck. Had we done anything else at all, things would have turned out better. The point has been made.

> [ ] Awkward conversations.
> [ ] Reverse the flow.
I like these, but I think nobody else will.

[X] The road not traveled.
Because someone else does.
>> No. 143353
[ ] Background Information (Mima)

We are going to see her in the enxt thread, are we not? Tabuki urgently needs new and more powerful spells to keep up with Cirno and the other leaders.

>>143352
>[ ] Red Hair in an empty tunnel.
>This would have been the Meira hint, wouldn't it?

It couls also be about the dead girl who carried Tabuki to the underground. Both have red hair...
>> No. 143354
Is it just me, or is the site lagging for everyone? My posts are taking more time to appear for me.
>> No. 143355
>>143354
There have been nationwide server tests going on. The internet as a whole in some places have been laggy and slow as a consequence. I'm pretty sure the majority of those tests are over now though. If it continues to be an issue for you for more than a day or two, than there is likely as issue with your connection or your service provider.
>> No. 143358
[x] Who is the lady who invented that awesome attack?
-[x] Thanks for your help
[x] Different Diplomatic Preparations.
>> No. 143360
File 130965238651.jpg - (188.52KB , 891x1000 , cirno-grin.jpg ) [iqdb]
143360
[ ] "I guess this is where we split up, then."
IIII
[ ] Remain silent and head back to the city.
I
[ ] "I guess I owe you a drink, or something."
II

thanks x2

---

[Different Diplomatic Preparations]

The best option, influence-wise, would have been to drop everything and immediately head off to meet Cirno. She doesn't like to be kept waiting, and didn't care for being underground to begin with. She wouldn't have lost any influence from you getting there asap, though, and you would have started the meeting with a solidly neutral disposition.

What you went with, though, was to get information from Emerald. Not a bad plan, though it kept her waiting a little, so you took a small hit to influence right off the bat. Further, Emerald doesn't know everything there is to know about the ice fairy. A good starting place, to be sure, but not all of it, and some of the information she gave you was actually wrong. Still more accurate than you would have gotten if you'd just asked a random mook, of course.

The option with the most potential to go wrong, depending on how you rolled, was sending an apology message and trying to reschedule. If both rolls passed, she would have been irritated, but only taken a very small hit to influence, similar to what she took from the information option, and you would have had another day or two to prepare before she showed up again. If one failed, you still would have delayed the meeting, but her influence would have taken a somewhat more drastic hit. If both failed, of course, then she would have been personally insulted and she would have immediately begun her campaign downwards into the city, just to make sure her displeasure was properly known.

Once things went downhill, offering to fight one-on-one was the best way to regain influence with Cirno. But while it had the biggest boost, it also carried the biggest danger, as if Tabuki lost and was frozen, there was a decent chance that she would die instantly. But if she didn't, even if she lost, Cirno's mood would be improved enough that she would leave and give Tabby a few days to get things in order before trying again. The option for a battle of soldiers would have worked similarly, except there was no personal risk to Tabby, and Cirno would likely still have made demands if they lost. Victory on either option would force Cirno to retreat to lick her wounds, and she would regard the underground fairies with just a touch more wariness in following meetings and battles.

The bribe was what she was after from the very beginning. While she would be interested enough in the wand to accept it, it wasn't a great option, and it would have left Tabby incapable of exploring the sub-tunnels or any deeper until she found some other means of making light. The fire flingers would be the only remaining option at hand for that. The best available option would have been to appeal to the fairy with food or alcohol, as she would only be vaguely interested, at best, in most toys or trinkets available.

Throwing Tabuki onto the mercy of Cirno's whims could have any number of results, mainly to some degree of humiliation or outright unpleasantness, though she might have demanded a hostage, one of the troops you had brought along, instead. There were, of course, other options that might have arisen, had you gone this route, but they were significantly less likely to occur.
>> No. 143361
>>143360

Man, we learned absolutely nothing from that.
>> No. 143362
>>143361
Well, we learned that it's best not to keep Cirno waiting for anything, which means the next time we see her (which likely will be in combat), we NEED to drop the cave on her head.
>> No. 143364
>>143362
Because a similar thing worked out so well last time.
>> No. 143368
>>143364

That was because of a Critical Fail. We would have succeded in the magic roll otherwise.

Cirno's preception roll is an unknowen though.

By the way, what's Cirno's current influence?
>> No. 143376
>>143362
>Well, we learned that it's best not to keep Cirno waiting for anything

If only she had showed her displeasure at Tabuki being late, right?

But anyway, dropping the tunnels on her head might not be a great idea next time. Not because or our current failure, but because Cirno might be expectig it. Tabby needs new tricks~
>> No. 143377
>>143376
Even if it doesn't catch Cirno by surprise, what about the rest of Cirno's forces? "Rocks fall, everyone dies" is a very literal threat underground when fighting against Tabuki. So long as she plays it smart, she has the greatest defensive position imaginable out of all the Great Faeries.
>> No. 143527
New thread here
>>143399