[Return]
Archived Thread

File 130767565251.jpg - (42.48KB , 500x276 , come to papa baby.jpg ) [iqdb]
142144 No. 142144
Thread 14 >>134719
Thread 15 >>136072
Thread 16 >>138582


In which a Wizard accidentally a hurricane.


[X] Head to the front door and see what’s up.


“She says you better come out there and ‘splain yourself or she’s gonna come in here after you!”

So far today, you’ve been blindsided by feminine fuming, been mind-raped by a greased tentacle monster, had your face pounded into a filthy tavern floor while being upstaged by Cirno the pint-sized pugilist and your own fucking furniture, and wrapped it all up by being verbally flame-broiled by a ribbon-bedecked-bitch.

“Let me get this straight. Some rainbow-haired harpy is calling me out.”

Cirno takes a step back.

“Yes?”

There’s a delicate little toing! in your head as the last straw gives up the ghost.

“Neightohaichfour!” you roar. As always, you have a brief impression of parallel horizontal planes of plaid lights rushing by before you emerge from the Dimension Door right in front of the house.

“-nfidence in you as a guardian if you’re harboring this fruitcake!” A woman with oddly colored hair is saying to Keine, who’s standing in the doorway. “They look to you for protection before anybody else, so it doesn’t look good when another materialistic, reckless human magician is running around, not only with your endorsement, but with your blessing!

“You forgot powerful, all-knowing, and extremely pissed off!” you growl.

The purple-clad caller yelps like a scalded cat and spins about, dropping into a fighting stance.

“Y-y-you-”

“M-m-ME,” you snarl, lunging forward to stick your nose in her face. “You want me, you got me, gradient granny.”

The woman takes a step back despite herself, and bumps into a flustered Keine.

“I- alright, listen!” she says, slapping a fist into her palm. “I have two dozen villagers beating down the door of my shrine because of you! Barfights and rampaging boxes and all sorts of havoc, and it scares them because you’ve clearly... co-opted their protector!”

You smolder silently.

“Well?” the woman says, getting some of her composure back. “What do you have to say for yourself?”

“Shrine.”

She blinks. “What?”

“You’ve got a shrine.”

“Well, yes-”

“Are all shrine maidens overzealous morons spoiling for a fight?”

“I came to-”

“-get in Keine’s face for protecting me!?” you cut her off hotly. “I’m sure you’ve seen the Bunburu Bullshit Bulletin, so you know how I got here. I stumbled away from a mortal battle with lots of wounds and no magic, and she took me in, sheltered me, healed me, guided me – at personal risk, even! So if some villagers who don’t appreciate her anyway are crying over some busted fences, you come to me, but don’t say word one to Keine, got it?”

Before the woman can reply, she’s hauled backwards into the house by Keine, who interposes herself in the doorway. “Stop, both of you! She’s not harassing me,” Keine insists, touching your shoulder. “She’s okay, she really is. And you,” she says, turning to the woman, “he’s right, you don’t know the half of it, okay?”

The woman shrugs a little, looking a bit embarrassed.

“Now,” Keine continues, grabbing you both by the shoulder, “lets go sit down and talk this out over tea, hmm?” Keine’s grip tightens almost painfully, and she firmly escorts you both over to the dining table.

“We were just having tea,” Keine says, pouring the strange woman some. There’s footsteps from the back hall. “Oh, Mokou, Byakuren’s here.”
“Byakuren?” Mokou says, surprised. She turns to you. “You managed to piss off a Buddhist. You are truly a master.”

“I didn’t say that!” Byakuren objects, nearly spilling her tea. “Cirno, what’d you tell them?”

“Something about ‘explaining himself’ and you ‘coming in here after him,’ as I recall,” Mokou says. Cirno is guiltily slinking towards the kitchen door.

Typical,” Byakuren mutters. “No, it’s not like that at all!”

“Byakuren is dedicated to promoting peaceful balance between youkai and humans,” Keine explains to you. “Byakuren, my friend here has been working to deal with that Society Aya wrote about a while back.”

“The ones dedicated to human superiority?” Byakuren asks.

Keine nods. “So you’re both working towards greater harmony in Gensokyo, right?”

Byakuren glances at you.

You glare daggers and dirks at her in stony silence.

Byakuren looks at Keine. The schoolteacher returns a brilliant smile.

The priestess glances at her teacup suspiciously and gingerly sets it down, untouched. “Deal with them? What do you mean by ‘deal’ with them?”

“Well...” Keine trails off, then looks at you. “Good question. What are you going to do?”

You frown and bite your lip, thinking. “I was going to wring the ringleaders until juicy information dripped out, then proceed based on that... the division in the ranks complicates things, though. Benson actually wants to meet you tonight, Keine, so I doubt they were behind the attack, but that doesn’t rule out Riku and his gang acting solo.”

“Attack!?” Byakuren exclaims. You and Keine detail the harrowing haunting of last morning.

“So your solution is to go after anybody remotely suspicious, then beat them senseless?”

“No, no!” you object. “You beat them bloody; senseless people can’t be interrogated.”

Byakuren seems to be evaluating distance to the back door.

“For your information, we went straight to Yuyuku,” Keine retorts a bit primly. “She gave us information that pointed at the Society. And they’re the only ones with any motive we can discern.” Keine walks around the table to stand behind you. “And my friend here has made incredible progress in short time – he’s already got the ear of their inner circle!” Keine’s hands fall on your shoulders. She squeezes you affectionately. “His best friend is an otherworldly creature. Strife came to him. He’s been acting largely in my defense.”

Byakuren tilts her head slightly, looking over your head at Keine. “And you can’t defend yourself? Wouldn’t that be less disruptive?”

“Bah!” you object. “There’s people who’ve hidden the bloody moon for giggles before, and you’re worried about me? What harm ever came from rocking the boat a bit?”

Byakuren rises so quickly her knees bump the edge of the table. “Well I’ll just smooth things over with the townsfolk,” she says hurriedly. “I can confirm you’re human, that ought to settle them a bit... they always like humans making good...” Byakuren bows swiftly to all assembled, and waves a hasty goodbye as she flees out the front door.

You blink. “What’d I say?”

“Long story,” Mokou says, examining you with mild wonder.

“Byakuren’s usually not like that,” Keine tells you. “She’s good reason to worry about the opinions of villagers, especially for my sake. She was sealed away by human mikos centuries ago because of frictions like that.”

“Wat? She’s human, isn’t she?”

“No,” Mokou says. “She’s a magician.”

Well, she wouldn’t be the first mage to become an effective Outsider through excessive magical modification. “So where’d the banish her to?” If Byakuren can be expelled from Gensokyo, you might escape through a similar method.

“Not banished, sealed,” Mokou corrects you. “Sealed into Makai.”

“Makai?”

“The demon realm. There’s a portal hidden in the mountains that leads there.”

“... yet another coterminous plane!?” you wheeze, utterly aghast. “Pocket dimensions inside pocket dimensions? Having its own private netherworld wasn’t enough, was it, needed its own hell, too?”

“Hell?” Mokou asks, puzzled. “No, Makai isn’t hell.”

You gape at her. “WHAT?”
“Yeah, Hell,” Mokou says, regarding you like an idiot. “Hot place, lots of naughty souls languishing about, you know?”

“So what, one netherworld wasn’t enough, this place needed two?

“Two?” Keine asks innocently. “What about Higan?”

You reply with a choking gurgle.

Keine fails to suppress a giggle. “I keep on forgetting how strange this place obviously is to you. Byakuren was out of line to chastise us; you’ve handled the whole thing remarkably well. You dropped into an alien world and landed on your feet!”

“Well, I had a lot of help,” you allow, and Keine beams at you. Technically speaking you landed face-first and had a lot of help from inertia, but with the only witness dead, who cares?

“You need professional help, all right,” Mokou says. The remark is punctuated by a cacophonic crash from the kitchen.

“Cirno ran afoul of the pots again,” Keine says, releasing your shoulders. She nearly skips into the kitchen.

Mokou gives you a truly odd look. “What the hell did you do?”

“What!?”

Mokou closes her eyes and caresses her head in exasperation. “Keine. All the sudden she’s farting butterflies instead of edging around you like a kicked puppy. What’d you do?”

You shrug helplessly.

“How the hell do you breathe!?” Mokou mutters in disbelief. From the kitchen you hear Cirno yodeling from the bottom of a deep pot.

“One breath at a time. Works better when I’m not at the bottom of Lake Loony.”


******

“Brightspark, you beautiful son of a bitch!”

“Who?” Keine asks from the hallway. She steps into the study, carrying a tray of tea biscuits.

“Brightspark. The fellow who owns this dagger,” you reply, holding up the weapon for inspection. “He stuck it in the airships railing before bailing out. Odd thing to do, when half the ship is on fire and you’re jumping for your life. Now I know why.”

“So it’s magical?”

“And how!” You twirl the dagger expertly in your hand and manage to drop it. It buries half its blade into the floorboard by your foot. “Sharp as hell, see? Especially keen edge, very good at reaching an enemies vitals. Tends to go right through armor.”

“Or your foot, if you’re not careful,” Keine ponders.

“Oh, shush,” you snort, retrieving the dagger. “Now watch this.” You slip the dagger under your robes, and take a step back. You wave your hand over your chest and cold steel flashes. The blade flashes towards Keine and before she can even recoil, you’re sampling a warm biscuit off the dagger tip. “Nom.”

“Wha-”

“Its ‘eager’,” you say with delight, munching the biscuit. “No matter where I stash it, I can draw with blinding speed. And I’m more likely to strike first in general, in fact.”

“That’s... something,” Keine says, surprised.

“Yeah! Brightspark was leaving it for me, in case I needed it.” You put the dagger away without any more twirling, deciding not to press your luck. “Gods bless him. So what’s with the biscuits? You just bake those?”

“Yeah, thought you might be hungry...”

“After the sandwiches?”

“Well-”

“And the tea cookies?”

“Those are so light-”

And the fruit salad? In the last half-hour while I finished casting Identify.” You squint at Keine suspiciously. “You fattening me up for slaughter or something?”

“N-no, I, uh...” Her gaze evades yours. “So you’re done working?”

“For today, yeah. I’ve got an appointment to keep.”

“Me too, apparently. You said they want to meet me, too?”

“Yeah.” Keine leads you into the main room as you summarize your ultrahippe ramble through town earlier, including the visit to Benson, and the appointment.

“So now that you’ve wormed your way into their secret clubhouse, you’ll see if they’ve got a tome of ghost-summoning on the bookshelf?”

“Something like that.”

“So what do we do ‘till night?”

“We’re going right now.” Keine cocks her head quizzically, and you produce Benson’s note from your pocket for her to examine.

“Twilight? But he told you after moonrise.”

“Apparently that was for anybody listening at the back door,” you mutter. You’re starting to get really tired of this cloak-and-dagger bullshit. One way or another, it’s going to be settled tonight.

Keine scratches her head, thinking. “Well, I’m invited this time... we should get somebody to trail behind and watch our backs, like I did for you.”


SELECT YOUR THIRD PARTY MEMBER:


[ ] Duke Not mandatory to get him back.
[ ] Mokou
[ ] Cirno
[ ] Byakuren
[ ] Chest

>> No. 142147
[x] Byakuren

Won't win. Voting anyway.
>> No. 142148
>trail behind and watch our backs

[x] Cirno
Perfect! She is so up to the job.
>> No. 142149
[X] Cirno


Welcome back!

You still owe me a game of IL-2.
>> No. 142150
[x] Cirno

No one'll take Mc Wizard's daughter/apprentice seriously until it's too late.

>Wizard updating
It's like 5 christmases in one.
>> No. 142151
[X] Duke

He's your bro. He'll always have your back. Plus, he can make himself inconspicuous, unless they have some method of detecting Outsiders.

>you have a brief impression of parallel horizontal planes of plaid lights rushing
Is it full of stars?
>> No. 142153
File 130767855731.gif - (1.71MB , 264x150 , 1305477305354.gif ) [iqdb]
142153
>>142150
>Wizard updating
>It's like 5 christmases in one.

>Back in my thread
>1KiG gets updated
>It's like Christmas!

Yeah, just rip that heart right outta my chest cavity, Anonymous. I don't mind.
>> No. 142156
[X] Duke

Always bet on Duke.
>> No. 142158
[x] Mokou Duke

Mokou would probably tag along anyway because Keine's involved. I'd love to see how she and Duke would get along.

Great to see you back, Demetrious.
>> No. 142159
[X] Duke
>> No. 142161
File 130768315693.png - (77.91KB , 240x240 , 1277548267242.png ) [iqdb]
142161
>>142149

YOUR MESSERSCHMIDT-STYLE IS NO MATCH FOR MY WARHAWK STANCE

>>142151

BEANS LOTS OF BEANS LOTS OF BEANS
>> No. 142162
Took you long enough to come back, faggot. Shit, I was almost hoping that a hurricane hit you.

Anyways.

[x]Cirno
>> No. 142163
[X] Cirno
>> No. 142164
[X] Cirno

As a fairy, she's a bit more... unobtrusive... than Duke likely is, even in hound form.

I may be wrong. Haven't played D&D in over a decade, let alone remember the stats of various creatures.
>> No. 142165
[x] Byakuren
>> No. 142166
[X] Duke
>> No. 142167
[x] Mokou

I'm fine with either Mokou or DOUK, really, though I'm going to vote Mokou just because I like seeing Wizanon put in his place by her
>> No. 142169
[X] Byakuren

Sure, why not?

>Cirno yodeling
I missed you so much.
>> No. 142170
>>142167
>I'm going to vote Mokou just because I like seeing Wizanon put in his place by her

Girl don't take NO shit!
>> No. 142171
[X] Duke

All bets.
>> No. 142173
I must say Keine must have been pretty concerned to make him all that stuff. He should thank her for her concern along with all that talking that needs to be done in-between things coming up.
>> No. 142174
[X] Chest
Always bring the Luggage along if you're expecting to be hip deep in enemies.
>> No. 142175
[]Chest

Just because we're qualified for a one-Z wizard hat doesn't mean we can't use something for the kind with two.
>> No. 142176
[x] Cirno
>> No. 142178
[x] Byakuren

I love her. 'nough said.
>> No. 142179
[X] Chest
IT IS A MOUNT AND YOU WILL LIKE IT
>> No. 142180
[x] Duke
Best buddies forever D:
>> No. 142181
[X] Cirno is the only correct answer
>> No. 142182
[X] Duke

Cirno is a bit too... Well, unreliable. She might be able to help, but the odds are pretty good that she'll ruin something as well.
She's not as stupid as most people think she is, but she's not exactly smart either.

The luggage is 100% trustworthy, as it does not have any real mind of it's own but it's not in any way inconspicuous, what with being an animated piece of furniture and all. Not something you'd choose to stealthily follow you around.
Also, if anything happens, what's it gonna do? Ram a fence?

Mokou and Byakuren.. Well, Wizardnon hasn't known either of them for long any real time at all.
He's been around Cirno and Keine for a few days at least. Mokou, a few hours. Byakuren... He literally just met her. Sure, Keine trusts her but you don't live to be a high level adventurer by letting someone watch your back on second hand trust alone.

Duke.. Well, there are a few reasons I vote for him but mostly because Wizardnon trusts him enough to choose to summon him to a fucked up demi-plane just because he needed someone to help sort out his emotions.
That, and just the fact that he's awesome.
>> No. 142183
[X] Duke.

Shapeshifting celestials for the win. I sort of wonder how he'd react to meeting Miss Masochist, even if there's little chance of that in the next few updates.

Also,
>rocking the boat
LOL. Oh, Wizardnon...
>> No. 142184
[x] Duke

As much as I adore Cirno, this requires some subtlety; Something that I'm not a hundred percent sure Cirno is capable of managing without losing her cool and blowing her cover early, should a potential situation occur.

Alternately, is there a reason we're restricted to one? I'm sure Duke could keep Cirno in check if we could have both of them tag along.
>> No. 142185
[x]Duke
[X]Cirno follows of her own accord
>> No. 142187
[X] Duke

Put it all on Duke. Good to see an update for the best story on the site.
>> No. 142188
[x] Byakuren
Uh, is my vote gone or something?
>> No. 142189
[X] Duke
He's just that awesome.
>> No. 142193
[x]Cirno
>> No. 142194
>>142144
[x] All of them!
>> No. 142195
If our MC is mindfucked about Gensokyo having 3 hells, then he should never visit Abeir-Toril... how about SEVEN heavens and NINE hells?

[x] Byakuren
Another magician to learn from, I guess. Inmortality is all wizards objective right? And why turn into a Lich when you can't turn into an outsider and keep your soul.
>> No. 142196
[ ] Byakuren
>> No. 142197
[x] Byakuren
>> No. 142198
[x] Byakuren
Deleted my old vote and changing to this.
I didn't think it could win.
>> No. 142199
[x] Chest
Riding in style.
>> No. 142200
[x] Duke

Holy shit Demetrious you came back. With a good story! Normally no one ever does that.
>> No. 142201
[x] Duke
>> No. 142202
>>142173
I agree. We should use a write in before his CHA starts to act up (Dump stat my ass)
>> No. 142204
[X] Duke
If the hidden person is revealed, they're going to be pissed if it's Byakuren. They'll most probably tolerate us having a way to watch our back, but depending on who... Remember what they stand for? What Byakuren stand for?

Mokou could work too... But I'm not sure how she would do. Cirno will probably appear too early too.
>> No. 142205
[x] Duke
Aah, finally. It's beautiful.
>> No. 142207
>>142204
With that in mind...

Duke is definitely the worst option. He's the most monstrous looking of out options and our secret society buddies have probably never met him before. If it's discovered that we've got an unknown wolf-man tailing us, I could see things going south really, really fast.

I'm torn between Mokou and Cirno...
>> No. 142208
>>142207
Duke can shapeshift to a hound. Think anyone would care if the wizard showed up with a dog following behind him?
>> No. 142209
File 130772814671.jpg - (336.96KB , 1200x1700 , Assistant.jpg ) [iqdb]
142209
[x] Byakuren

Let Duke have his fun with Koakuma. No need to return to the SDM, either.
>> No. 142210
>>142184
>Cirno
>losing her cool

Dohohoho
>> No. 142211
YOU WONDERFUL MAN! We despaired to hear from you!

>>142161
Your meek Warhawk stance cannot stand before the might of my IS-3 heavy Soviet Tank!
(Been playing WoT, having time of my life.)

[X] Byakuren & Cirno.
>> No. 142212
[x] Byakuren
>> No. 142213
[X] Duke
>> No. 142214
Oh, why the hell not.

[x]Cirno
>> No. 142216
>>142207
If invisibility has to be broken, shit will probably have already hit the fan. But you have a point about how he looks. Still, I would rather have someone who can see when Wizard is about to do something crazy and react properly.

Still say Byakuren is worst option. She may break invisibilty just to counter what they say if it gets to her. Then shit will definitely hit the fan.
>> No. 142217
[X] Cirno

There is almost nothing this darling little sprite wouldn't do to keep you safe and on the straight and narrow 'well according to her.'

Bring her along, you know you want to.

And Deme....welcome back you glorious bastard. We've all missed you.
>> No. 142219
>gradient granny

hahaha wow


[x] Cirno
>> No. 142220
Vote Cirno

Sure, there's a pretty good chance that she'll mess something up, but that's half the fun!
>> No. 142222
>>142220
Is that a vote, or a call?
>> No. 142223
>>142222
It's not because theres no [x]
ah well.
>> No. 142225
[x]Cirno
She's Wizzanon apprientice, time to have a live-fire lesson.
>> No. 142227
[x] Duke
Is it not said "Bros before Touhous"?
>> No. 142228
[X]Who the hell said backup should be one person? ALL OF THE ABOVE!
-Member to tail right behind you and call others if anything happens: [X] Duke, as he is most stealthy of said lot
>> No. 142229
>>142227

No, it's Touhous before Bros before Hoes.
>> No. 142231
>From the kitchen you hear Cirno yodeling from the bottom of a deep pot.

This is the best line I've read all day. Glorious mental image, Demetrious, absolutely glorious.

[X] Duke
It's handy having a bro around who can Greater Teleport himself at will.
>> No. 142241
>>142208
Not just a hound, but a hound puppy. Who would worry about an adorable little puppy following McWizard along?
>> No. 142243
[x] Regardless of who we bring, keep someone else nearby as backup in case things get hairy. preferably Duke or Mokou (or both) as their least likely to rush in too early and ruin things.

It never hurts to be prepared.
>> No. 142247
Really, all the choices have things that can go bad.

Mokou and Duke for starters are probably going to scare the humans (especially since they're probably going to label Duke as 'youkai' in 3 seconds flat unless we go with the puppy/normal looking dog option, probably better to call/summon him when the fighting starts and not for the talky talky part,

Mokou will probably scare everyone too, considering her reputation, if she shows up they'll probably think that you're looking for a fight (not that that is an entirely bad idea.)

Cirno and Chest will probably insult or piss them off, even if they don't say it, we'll probably be losing points with them from these choices (Duke fall under this category as well.)

Chest emphasizes just how foreign Zuul is from the locals, they might start labeling him as a magician rather than a human, not to mention that one of the people that will show up will probably have some property damage due to the chest, and they might not appreciate it if it shows up.

Cirno, well, she's a definite Youkai and someone they probably don't want there, period.

But saying that,

[x]Cirno

[x] Regardless of who we bring, keep everyone else nearby as backup in case things get hairy.

as everyone probably already knows that Cirno and Zuul have been sticking near each other more or less since he got here, it wouldn't be too much of a surprise (if a slightly unpleasant one.) not to mention other than the chest she's probably the one they'll label as the lowest threat, she seems to be underestimated like that.

And for the other vote, well, if they get hidden crossbowmen, you get hidden friends too.
>> No. 142248
[x] Byakuren
>> No. 142254
>>142247

I was under the impression that the person we were voting for would not actually be accompanying Keine and Wizanon, but rather hidden and tagging along as backup should something happen. Therefore, appearances would likely not matter, as if they were forced to reveal themselves, things would already have gotten to the point where showing the type of allies Wizanon keeps would be irrelevant. What does matter, however, is the ability of said third member to evade detection and judge what sort of situation is appropriate to reveal themselves. There is a risk that Cirno could end up blowing cover early, and of our other choices, Duke is the one Wizanon trusts the most.

That said, I too am not sure why we're restricted to one person. Maybe Demetrious has an in story justification for it, but I can't tell what it is from his latest update.
>> No. 142256
[X] Chest
It has a reputation to live up to, after all.

>Location redundancy rage
Why would Wizanon find multiple realms of final rest and/or spiritual torment odd? He's got nine hells, seven heavens, three olympus/arboreas and infinite abysses waiting back home (not to mention the thirteen neutral-spectrum outer planes, with their 42-some-odd combined layer count). As fun as it is to see him boggle, it seems an inversion would be more appropriate here.
>> No. 142257
>>142256
I'm not a dnd buff, but I think he's boggling at the fact you can reach these places by walking and such. They're coterminous. From what I understand, he needs to use a planeshift or whatever to reach his Hells.
>> No. 142258
>>142247
I think Mokou would be received better as she's a known ally of humans, fending off some youkai and helping humans through the forest.
>> No. 142265
[x] Duke
>> No. 142270
>>142257
I think it's more that someone put demiplanes in a demiplane so you can be outside reality while you're being outside reality.
>> No. 142276
File 130787102234.png - (462.28KB , 800x1000 , 1307036887593.png ) [iqdb]
142276
[X] ALWAYS bet on Duke.



In all the multiverse, there’s one person you’d trust your life to without hesitation. “Duke. He’s perfect.”

“Is he... subtle?”

You briefly reflect on Duke chasing Koakuma around the Voile Library, battle aura blooming.
“Sometimes?”

Keine shakes her head. “I know he’s your friend, but in that case don’t you think we should take Mokou? They actually like her. She rescues people, and she’s actually human.”

You glance over at Mokou, who’s lying on your bed, smoking. Catching your glance, she slowly grinds her cigarette out against her palm with deliberate malice, smirking all the while.

“What about Cirno?” you ask hopefully.

On-cue, a wavering, echoing yodel floats in from the kitchen. Leaning past the doorjamb, you see Cirno with her head fully concealed by a huge stock pot.

“Yooooodeliodeliodeliodeli-YEEEEE-hoooo!” she yodels, moving the pot up and down to vary the pitch as she does.

Mokou gives you a wicked smile.

Well, shit.

“Mokou’s just giving you a hard time,” Keine reassures you. “She does it to everybody. Besides, your friend Duke is rather... striking. And pretty tall.”

“He’s a shapechanger! He can turn into dogs, wolves, anything canine. Very stealthy when he wants to be.”

“Why don’t we both go?” Mokou suggests, a wicked gleam in her eye.

“Keine already surprised them once and they’re pretty jumpy to start with. We’re pushing our luck with one guardian, much less a crowd.”

Mokou shrugs with calculated indifference. “Just as well. I was actually thinking of... who was at the drugstore counter, today?”

“What’s-her-face... Resin? Snappy dresser with the bunny ears?”

“Reisen,” Mokou corrects you. “Good. I think I’ll have a chat with her before she closes shop for the evening.”

Keine finds this statement rather surprising, and the two women launch into conversation as you slip into the bedroom to get on with the casting of Greater Planar Binding. By your estimate, Duke has been in Celestia a good few hours now, so he should be expecting you.

The summoning takes a good ten minutes of focused spellcasting to invoke. Finally finishing, you take a step back and wait for the magic to manifest.

Nothing happens.

Nothing continues to happen.

Then the room fairly explodes. A blinding flash, a sternum-shaking bass rumble, and you find yourself looking up at Duke once more.

“WHAT NOW CALLS!?” he fairly bellows, panning his canine head left-right-left imperiously.

“You know damn well who calls, you clown! Help me up!” Duandor’s huge hand envelops yours, pulling you up.

“My report was well-received. The Council of Seven was greatly relieved to hear you had slain Loffo. The High Diet of Primarchs was well-pleased, as they had significant resources tied up in planned operations if Loffo was found alive somewhere. The Court of Radiant Justice-”

“Wait,” you interrupt. Something about Duke’s wording snags your attention. “You told me that the Council of Seven was ‘monitoring’ the situation with Loffo.”

“Yes?”

“And a few days later they’ve got a cross-planar strike planned? Not even a rampaging Wyrm gets that kind of attention and even if they did, they would’ve sortied while Loffo was actually attacking, instead of when he vanished.”

Duke says nothing.

“It’s got something to do with me, doesn’t it?”

“There was... some rumors amongst my superiors about a report from the Council of Seven. Regarding an exchange of treasure for draconic lore between ‘Loffo’ and a particular mage.”

Now you say nothing.

“When both vanished at the height of a pitched battle, some of the more suspicious in Celestia pondered... possibilities. A variety of them.”

You’re vaguely aware of your jaw grinding. Arrogant, holier-then-thou bastards.

“I was personally under scrutiny because of my friendship with you, and my staunch refusal to believe ill of you. Needless to say, I have never been more satisfied in delivering a report. I used that human phrase...”

“Told you so?”

“My exact wording was ‘choke on it,’ to be precise,” Duke says with the faintest hint of satisfaction. “I have been lauded for my loyalty and wisdom, and the High Diet has seen fit to authorize some... supplemental aid.” Duke pats a large leather bag slung from his shoulder.

“Oooh,” you croon, fingers twitching. Duke unslings the bag from his shoulder, but doesn’t move it towards you. His glowing golden eyes fix you with their inscrutable gaze.

You heave a dramatic sigh and cross your arms. “Okay, okay. Thank you, Duke.”

One huge eyebrow twitches slightly.

“Thank you for your unwavering loyalty, Duandor.

Duke nods once, and hands the bag to you. “Good wiz-”

“Check yo’self, smartass,” you growl, snatching the bag from him. Duke’s perpetual frown is slightly shallower then normal. You take a peek in the bag and emit a truly wicked snigger. “Oh, daddy like. I should stash this.” You head into the next room, Duke following.

“-leveled an acre of forest and he still got away,” Mokou is saying to Keine, who’s sitting beside her on your bed. She looks up as you enter, and does a double take. “Who’s the mutt?”

Keine ‘accidentally’ plants her elbow in Mokou’s side as she rises. “Hello again, Duke. This is my friend, Fujiwara Mokou.”

Duke bows magnificently. “Greetings, Mokou of Fujiwara. I am Duandor, servant and guardian of the Seven Mounting Heavens of Celestia.”

Mokou looks skeptical. “A... hound youkai? From heaven?”

“All dogs go to heaven,” Duke informs her seriously. “Is it so strange one would come from there?”

“... if you say so, pal. I’d better leave now if I want to catch Reisen.” Mokou gives the assembled company a sarcastic tip of her invisible hat, and quits the house.

You call your chest over, and deposit Duke’s leather satchel within, then turn to the Archon. “So, Duke. We’re meeting some people in a park, and we could use your help...”

******

The slanting rays of the dying sun slip over the ramparts of the eastern foothills, spilling down the grassy slopes into the little park at the village edge. It’s a vibrant and wild place, lined with large, loosely-trimmed shrubs and filled with flower gardens escaping their beds. The suffuse glow lingers on dark shrubs and mutes the bright flowers, the uniform ambiance contrasting sharply with the long shadows of the few vine-covered statuettes tucked into the hedgerows.

“-ello~” Keine is saying, nudging you. “You awake?”

You start, surprised out of your reverie. “Oh, sorry. Just enjoying the view.”

Keine sighs happily. “Oh, I know. I love this place, too. I had my first date here.”

“Couldn’t think of a better place,” you agree.

“What about you? Where was your first date?”

“Meh,” you say, embarrassed. “A library.”

“A library!?”

“A dusty old library,” you admit sadly. “Nothing like this.”

“That’s a shame,” Keine says, crouching near a tangled flowerbed. Her hand wanders amongst the blossoms, searching. “How old were you?”

“Sixteen.”

Keine’s hand settles on a blossom and gently plucks it. Rising, she tugs you closer... and tucks it in your shirt lapel. “There, a dash of color,” she says. “To suit the setting.” The schoolteacher is beautiful as ever, the golden twilight lending her bluish-white hair the faintest aquamarine tinge.

You hesitate, then force out the question.

“... how old were you?

“Twenty. Twenty and foolish,” she says, looking out over the garden, away from you. “Matter of fact, I had my first kiss here. Right over there.” She points to the far end of the park, where a large octagonal pavilion looks over the park and the rolling foothills beyond the village. “We sat in there and watched the sunset...” her aching voice trails off weakly.

Your heart feels fit to burst from your chest. Your hand makes an abortive twitch for her shoulder. “Keine...”

She turns her gaze back on you, and the suns long rays sparkle in her wet eyes. She tilts her head towards the pavilion.

“So... you want to sit in there while we wait?”

You shrug noncommittally, as if you get that requests like that from beautiful women every day. Keine slips her arm through yours and slowly leads you through the wild beauty of the park. The scent of flowers is thick in the spring air, and the gentle pressure of Keine’s arm is delightful. Somewhere behind you the stealthy tread of canine paws pads through the grass, but you hardly register it...

snap!

You stop so suddenly that Keine is yanked back mid-step. “Hey!” she objects.

You pin her arm to your side, keeping her from going further.

crackle POP!

“You hear that?” she asks you tersely. You nod curtly, eyes darting left and right.

A fresh series of explosive reports splinters the silence, and this time they’re unmistakably loud. Your head slowly swivels to face Keine.

“Please tell me that’s not what I think it is.”

Keine stares at you with wide eyes. “It’s coming from the gazebo.”

With a great ripping and tearing of foundation supports from the earth, the ‘Gazebo’ shudders and shakes, a few shingles tumbling from its gently sloped roof. The earth trembles as the entire structure lurches forward, thousands of pounds worth of thick wooden beams advancing with titanic force.

Right towards you.



[ ] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT
[ ] ALPHA STRIKE
[ ] NOPE.JPG
[ ] WIZARD CALLS FOR AID

As a reminder, these are the high-level spells you currently have prepared:


9th:
*Foresight
8th:
(Mind Blank, already cast)
(Greater Planar binding, already cast)
7th:
*Limited Wish
*Delayed Blast Fireball
*Control Weather

Also prepared: Antimagic Field (6th,) Evans Spiked Tentacles of Forced Intrusion (5th).
>> No. 142277
File 130787121076.jpg - (72.02KB , 697x586 , 1275153283166.jpg ) [iqdb]
142277
For the freebirth scum who don't know "Alpha Strike:"


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_strike_%28United_States_Navy%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_strike_%28gaming%29


This battle will not be resolved in one update.
>> No. 142278
[x] Duke.

We'd need a tank-y sort of guy like him. Never know what'll happen, eh?
>> No. 142279
OH SHIT A GAZEBO

FFUUUUU

WE ARE FUCKED, I TELL YOU.

[x]Alpha strike, motherfuckers
>> No. 142280
File 130787176769.jpg - (8.28KB , 246x251 , 1306648351094.jpg ) [iqdb]
142280
Oh, one more thing.

Remeber this: >>137008

BECAUSE I SURE DID
>> No. 142281
>[ ] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT
Buffs himself up as to better deal with whatever's coming.

>[ ] ALPHA STRIKE
All out blasting, carries a risk of exhaustion among other draw backs. But packs a punch

>[ ] NOPE.JPG
??? Don't know

>[ ] WIZARD CALLS FOR AID
Call for help, makes the battle/situation easier but blows Duke's cover.

I wonder what exactly caused this, might be Riku's group related or the main group. Hard to tell.
>> No. 142283
File 130787231929.png - (11.97KB , 630x592 , 1254329699236.png ) [iqdb]
142283
>>142281
>NOPE.JPG

A one-word reaction to the entire concept of being involved in the situation in any way, shape, or form.

In other words, "FUCK THIS LIKE THE THAI FUCK TEAM FUCKING AT THE TOUR DE FUCK." In this case, that'd be the retreat option.
>> No. 142284
[x] NOPE.JPG

We would need at least a +3 axe to chop down this gazebo.
>> No. 142286
File 130787531917.jpg - (68.32KB , 592x358 , Gazebo.jpg ) [iqdb]
142286
[X] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT
>> No. 142287
[x] Maybe we could use Fly? Though Keine does that naturally, though.

... don't tell me we didn't prepare Fly.
>> No. 142288
[x] NOPE.JPG
>> No. 142289
[x] Challenge Gazebo to danmaku duel
>> No. 142293
File 130788774876.gif - (461.02KB , 250x250 , gazebo.gif ) [iqdb]
142293
Oh shit, it's a gazebo boss.

[x] ALPHA STRIKE

Gazebos are known for being rather durable, proving quite tough with possible damage reduction against physical strikes. Even grappling attacks are difficult to make against them. So it's best to keep distance and blast at it, going all out.

Disintegrate would be nice to start with, because a ranged touch attack will nullify most of the AC for something that probably isn't so evasive. After that, mostly use DB Fireball and Ice Storm; keep a Chain Lightning and hopefully another Ice Storm handy for later possible mob situations, but go ahead with unloading any other lower level damage spells if it still stands.

We should already have some long-lasting buffs active like Mage Armor and False Life. The other buffing spells probably aren't needed right now, and they take up a few rounds that could be spent throwing evocation spells at the gazebo. Save Foresight for when we are just about ready to go to the society meeting - it lasts for just under three hours (10 minutes x 17 levels), so it should last through the entire meeting just in case anything also happens there, unless the event pushes through the late night hours.
>> No. 142294
I LOVE this quest.

I say we challenge it to Danmaku if it's intelligent enough. After all, Keine likes it. Fond memories, and all that. If we blow it up, then that's that much longer before we can...well, I'd usually say "get into her skirt" but The Wizard seems to like her more than that.

So! Nonlethal!
>> No. 142295
File 130789126845.jpg - (12.82KB , 338x266 , DreadGazebo.jpg ) [iqdb]
142295
[ ] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT
Defensive option

[ ] ALPHA STRIKE
Offensive option. In normal dnd setting that would best option, but considering no-kill policy in Gensokyo we are risking domino effect.

[ ] NOPE.JPG
Run away option

[ ] WIZARD CALLS FOR AID
Either It's asking Duke for help or using summoning spells.

>“And a few days later they’ve got a cross-planar strike planned? Not even a rampaging Wyrm gets that kind of attention and even if they did, they would’ve sortied while Loffo was actually attacking, instead of when he vanished.”
>Duke says nothing.
>“It’s got something to do with me, doesn’t it?”
>“There was... some rumors amongst my superiors about a report from the Council of Seven. Regarding an exchange of treasure for draconic lore between ‘Loffo’ and a particular mage.”
>Now you say nothing.
>“When both vanished at the height of a pitched battle, some of the more suspicious in Celestia pondered... possibilities. A variety of them.”

Interesting. From that short dialogue we learn 2 important things:
1)Heaven in Wizardnon world is very interventionistic
2)Dragonic lore is so important/dangerous that they considered killing both Wizardnon and Loffo to prevent proliferation of it.
>> No. 142296
[ ] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT
Fucking gazebos.
>> No. 142297
Benson better have a good explanation for this after we're done.
>> No. 142298
[X] NOPE.JPG

Otherwise known as BALEFUL POLYMORPH. Now if we had A disjunction prepared that would be much better, but a polymorph into a mouse will end this quite nicely. And yes Constructs are normally immune to things that require a Fort Save buuuuut Polymorph works on obects so no problems there. granted if we don't have it prepared I suppose we could replicate actual polymorph with limited wish but that is just wasteful.
>> No. 142299
[X] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT
>> No. 142300
[X] ALPHA STRIKE

My parents were once VICIOUSLY REVERSE-DEFENESTRATED by a maddened gazebo, so the only response to rampaging rotundas I can support is one of RAGE FUELED DESTRUCTION.

>>142280
This is going to be awesome.
>> No. 142302
[X] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT

I'd rather not go all out until I can tell it'll end the fight.
>> No. 142303
[x] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT

I'M ANGRY. I'M A WIZZARD. AND I'M GOING TO BURN THIS PLACE TO THE GROUND!
>> No. 142304
[X] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT
>> No. 142305
[ ] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT
>> No. 142306
[X] ALPHA STRIKE

NOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOT
AGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAINNOTAGAIN

>> No. 142308
>>142295

I think it rather implies that the Celestials thought the Wizard and the dragon were working together, and had faked a dual escape, or something of the sorts. They were keeping an eye on things; wary of a powerful wizard and a powerful dragon getting so chummy, but when they actually vanished, people started donning the tinfoil hats and pondering worst-case scenarios.
>> No. 142309
[X] NOPE.JPG

Agreeing with the above. Not a mouse though - that might possibly still attack us. I suggest a deck chair. Or...perhaps a love seat. Then McWizard and Keine can still watch the sunset. So basically...

[X] Baleful Polymorph into a comfortable love seat and move onto a romantic moment.
>> No. 142310
Having read some DnD books, I wonder which Paragon path is the Wizard on? Seeing how he's lv17, it's something he should have shown some thought to.
>> No. 142311
>>142309
>>142309

This Man Speaks Wisdom, we're a fucking level 17 Wizard, a mere gazebo is nothing against us!
>> No. 142312
>Having read some DnD books, I wonder which Paragon path is the Wizard on? Seeing how he's lv17, it's something he should have shown some thought to.
Different editions. Wizardnon is 3.5e wizard and paragon paths are from 4e.
>> No. 142313
>>142312
He might have a prestige class though. It hasn't been mentioned so probably not at this point, though he could possibly go for archmage at this level all things depending.
>> No. 142314
[X] ALPHA STRIKE

It's a gazebo, Eric, a GAZEBO! If you really want to try to destroy it, you could try to chop it with an axe, I suppose, or you could try to burn it, but I don't know why anybody would even try. It's a fucking gazebo!
>> No. 142315
File 13079105948.png - (71.70KB , 518x305 , nope.png ) [iqdb]
142315
[x] NOPE.JPG

nope.jpg actually a png in my case
>> No. 142316
>>142313
Nope. Second Demetrious post in this:
http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/128755.html#128755
thread is wizardnon character sheet. 17 levels in wizard no prestige classes.

>>142309
I think Keine would Freak out if wizardnon asked her to sit on something that was sentient being seconds ago. When comes to think about it she may react negatively to Baleful Polymorph too, just look at her reaction to Charm Person.
>> No. 142317
Bah, maybe Shapechange would have been a better choice than Foresight. Then we could just turn into a dragon and firebreath this thing into a pile of ash without wasting other spells. Oh well. Perhaps it'll come in useful later, when blowing things up isn't the best solution.

Gonna laugh my ass off if Wizanon throws all sorts of stuff at the bloody gazebo, only for Keine to nuke it to splintery hell with danmaku. She IS right beside us, after all. I do seem to recall that colossal Gazebos aren't known for their astounding dodging skills.
>> No. 142319
>>142306
Oh, so you're the first guy to have angered the gazebo.

[x] Alpha Strike.
>> No. 142320
>OH FUCK KILLER GAZEBO AAAAAAA
Am I missing something here?
>> No. 142321
>>142320
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_and_the_Gazebo
>> No. 142322
>>142320
This is either a legend or something that happened in real life, but a GM once ended a session with a gazebo killing a PC because the player kept on trying to attack a gazebo. He apparently did not know what a gazebo was and thought it was some sort of creature.

Here is the link to the story: http://www.dndadventure.com/html/articles/gaming_stories.html
>> No. 142323
>>142322
It's especially amusing because, if you don't know what it is, the word "gazebo" sounds a lot like the weird, twisty names of other D&D monsters.
>> No. 142328
[x] ALPHA STRIKE
FUCKING SHOOT AN ARROW MAN IT WILL WORK
>> No. 142331
File 130792504795.jpg - (345.82KB , 940x940 , Elemental.jpg ) [iqdb]
142331
>>142280
Oh, you tube-cloned clanner ass. I should have known that roll would come back to bite me in the rear.
>> No. 142332
Demetrious, you magnificent bastard.

The fucking gazebo? Oh crap.

[x]NOPE.jpg
>> No. 142333
>>142331
Make! Another! Roll!
>> No. 142335
[x] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT

[x] Fly away from it
[x] Greater Invisibility
[x] Foresight

Remember we don't have very many magic items like a robe of eyes or +5 amulet of natural armor, so most of our defenses come from buff spells. Buff spells we have not cast. If we were going by standard D&D rules, the trample attack of a colossal animated object could easily kill us in two rounds. So we need to improve our defenses and not attempt to kill a creature with 256 (!!!) hp faster than it can kill us. Because we would lose that fight.

Also, Demetrious, I'm very happy you made a new thread. I was getting worried for a while.
>> No. 142337
[x] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT

I'd suggest tacking on some sort of projectile protection alongside whatever buffs are going to be cast, just in case.
>> No. 142339
[x] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT

Oh lord.
>> No. 142341
[x] ALPHA STRIKE

Oooh, what I wouldn't give for a good Disjunction right now. We'd be able to save the Gazebo then. Oh well, no use crying over piles of ashes.

>>142335
Foresight seems like kind of a waste on a big lumbering foe that is likely telegraphing its attacks.
>> No. 142342
[x] NOPE.JPG

Time to beat an expeditious retreat.
>> No. 142344
I think I know what's going on...

Regardless of what happens(read: what wins), keep yourself between the gazebo and Keine. I know she's competent and probably doesn't need protection, but do it anyway. Methinks we're being tested.
>> No. 142345
[X]Cast Fly
[X]Grab Duke
[X]Fly up, let Kiene and/or Mokou blast it to rubble from the sky
>> No. 142347
[]BUFF UP AND BALLS OUT

If all else fails, there's probably a woodcutter we can borrow an axe from somewhere.
>> No. 142349
>>142345
>kiene
Get out please.
>> No. 142353
>>142349

Really now. Are we seriously evicting people for making typos?
>> No. 142354
>>142353

Rage anon does not discriminate, apparently.
>> No. 142355
Rage Anon is THP's slenderman.
It's a myth that someone is trying to create for real.
>> No. 142356
[X] NOPE.AVI
>> No. 142357
>>142353
Yes.
>> No. 142359
[X] BUFFS UP AND BALLS OUT

I'm glad I've finally caught up with this story, it's been amazing so far. Lately my friend's have been also wanting me to play D&D, and I'm amazed at how deep it can get, especially with the magic system, seeing how Patchy and Wizanon were going at it.

Great story, please keep writing to the end.
>> No. 142361
>>142314
ED: You see a well groomed garden. In the middle, on a small hill, you see a gazebo.
ERIC: A gazebo? What color is it?
ED: [pause] It's white, Eric.
ERIC: How far away is it?
ED: About 50 yards.
ERIC: How big is it?
ED: [pause] It's about 30 ft across, 15 ft high, with a pointed top.
ERIC: I use my sword to detect good on it.
ED: It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo.
ERIC: [pause] I call out to it.
ED: It won't answer. It's a gazebo.
ERIC: [pause] I sheathe my sword and draw my bow and arrows. Does it respond in any way?
ED: No, Eric, it's a gazebo!
ERIC: I shoot it with my bow. [roll to hit] What happened?
ED: There is now a gazebo with an arrow sticking out of it.
ERIC: [pause] Wasn't it wounded?
ED: OF COURSE NOT, ERIC! IT'S A GAZEBO!
ERIC: [whimper] But that was a +3 arrow!
ED: It's a gazebo, Eric, a GAZEBO! If you really want to try to destroy it, you could try to chop it with an axe, I suppose, or you could try to burn it, but I don't know why anybody would even try. It's a @#$%!! gazebo!
ERIC: [long pause. He has no axe or fire spells.] I run away.
ED: [thoroughly frustrated] It's too late. You've awakened the gazebo. It catches you and eats you.
ERIC: [reaching for his dice] Maybe I'll roll up a fire-using mage so I can avenge my Paladin.
>> No. 142362
>>142341
This is an ambush. Foresight isn't for the Gazebo. Foresight is for whatever put the Gazebo there. Foresight is the ultimate defense against further suprise attacks. Also it will last about 3 hours, which should protect us during the meeting too.
>> No. 142380
>>142349
What? She can spam danmaku like every other boss-level inhabitant of Gensokyo, and that means that she can probably do more blasty magic damage than Wizanon can.
>> No. 142385
>>142380
I'm not so sure about that, as danmaku is a non-lethal thing. It would be good for suppressive fire at least.
>> No. 142391
File 130807883919.jpg - (52.02KB , 500x400 , gazebo-10x14b.jpg ) [iqdb]
142391
THIS IS A GAZEBO.

THIS IS BEING SHOT AT US.

[X] NOPE.AVI
>> No. 142394
[X] NOPE.JPG
[X] NOPE.AVI
>> No. 142396
[x] NOPE.JPG
>> No. 142397
[X] NOPE.JPG
>> No. 142398
>>142380
>kiene
>Keine

I do believe that is the proper spelling.
>> No. 142418
I'll call votes now; NOPE.JPG.PNG.AVI wins, with BUFFS as the fallback.
>> No. 142468
[x]NOPE.jpg.avi.txt.png.mp4.bmp.exe
>> No. 142470
>>142468
Calling the vote means he's decided on the winner and is going to write the update based on that. You're voting for the option that already won, so don't worry too much about it. But even if you'd voted for a losing option and pushed it into tying or winning, you're not likely to see the Writefag drop however much he's come up with to accommodate late voters.
>> No. 142480
>>142470
It's a retarded habit of people clearly voting after the fact, and it's even more retarded when folks justify it by saying it's a tradition. No, an accidental late vote seconds after votes being called is one thing, but not this.
>> No. 142485
[x]NOPE.jpg

Just to spite miss blue here:
>>142480

Welcome to the site and enjoy your stay. Leave the stick from your ass at the front entrance, please.
>> No. 142488
>>142480
I think we've all seen more than enough vitriol the last few days, so I propose we stick to politely pointing out the error and moving on.

>>142485
Please don't purposely antagonize people. There's absolutely no point to it, aside from helping to prove that the people on /blue/ who look on this board with such contempt are justified in doing so.
>> No. 142489
Methinks he was just having fun with file extensions.
>> No. 142498
>>142489
Me thinks that this anon knows his shit.
>> No. 142510
[ ] NOPE.JPG
>> No. 142511
>>142510
Voting has been called already so your vote has no point.

>>142480 Here, and I do apologize for my outburst. I've tried telling people polite not to do this habit, but they don't listen and sometimes reply with that tradition line.
>> No. 142513
>>142480
>It's a retarded habit of people clearly voting after the fact, and it's even more retarded when folks justify it by saying it's a tradition. No, an accidental late vote seconds after votes being called is one thing, but not this.

You don't understand that people don't just do this because they expect it to change the outcome of the vote, but as a show of hands that they too are following the story. Apart from outliers (e.g., the writer of Glass Half Empty in /forest/), writefags are generally encouraged to know how many people are reading their story. And having a number of late voters also may suggest that the writer may want to wait longer in the future to close the vote.

If the writefag doesn't like it, he can ask them to stop, but it's his prerogative, not yours.
>> No. 142516
>>142513
The writer in question in this thread is a man who gets 30+ votes easily per update. He's not starved for attention. I know I'm not the only anon annoyed when I see it bumped only to find out it's a pointless late vote.

That and general pointlessly bumping a thread is not against the rules, but it is most certainly frowned up.
>> No. 142517
>>142516
>I know I'm not the only anon annoyed when I see it bumped only to find out it's a pointless late vote.

Just like I'm annoyed when there's new posts in the thread watcher, to find it's only some pedant whose motivation seems to be to send the thread to the bump limit as quickly as possible.

But I can deal with it.
>> No. 142519
[X] Nope

It's a walking gazebo. Lets just leave it to wander in peace. Nothing wrong with that.
>> No. 142521
File 130830738183.jpg - (110.55KB , 320x480 , 126543603651.jpg ) [iqdb]
142521
>>142519
>> No. 142522
>>142519
>>142521
>> No. 142547
Hey, I got in really late into the story, and I would have been caught up by now, but thread 6 is down, could you please put it back up or something? I really don't want to skip a whole part of the story. Thanks.
>> No. 142548
>>142547
hey, at least its only 2 updates. around thread 10 the updates start to get rather short (not really) and the DnD discussion takes up the entire thread. you arent missing much. READ ON
>> No. 142557
>>142548
What is this feeling of deja vu?
>> No. 142559
>>142547
The guy running the archives will be told about this as soon as possible.

>>142548
A lot can happen in two updates.
>> No. 142565
>>142559
Maybe something'll get done about all those 404'd RAN threads.
>> No. 142566
>>142565
RAN got deleted
>> No. 142567
>>142565
>>142566
The Author of RAN requested his story be deleted from the archives, but there's some folks that have a saved copy of the threads for sharing. It was last posted in Fell's /others/ story.
>> No. 142569
>>142567
RAN?
>> No. 142570
>>142569

Retrospective and Astronomical Narration.
>> No. 142572
>>142557
It's "déjà vu".
>> No. 142574
>>142547
http://www.mediafire.com/?zqb79dc5271gcl1

Chapters 1-16, threads and all.
>> No. 142575
>>142574
alternatively there is the downloader at http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/7144.html, that does any story on touhou-project.
>> No. 142579
>>142575
Doesn't work for stories not in the archives.

But back on topic some.

Things to do:
Talk with Keine more as to fully make things up
Identify the rest of the items (low priority)
Find out what happened at the SDM with Duke

Anything else I'm missing?
>> No. 142580
>>142579
you can input each URL of the story for the downloader.
>> No. 142581
File 130852190545.jpg - (35.81KB , 240x240 , 121523846794.jpg ) [iqdb]
142581
OKAY. Next story post is pretty much done, but I have suffered ISP murder most foul, so now I've got to play Internet Nomad, wandering the urban wastes from hotspot to hotspot. Story happens early tomorrow afternoon, unless the nearest IHop is a wireless-equipped location.
>> No. 142582
>>142581
A lot of McDonald's nowadays have wireless. At the least the ones in my 13k person town do.
>> No. 142587
>>142581
Post from your wii like a man.
>> No. 142589
>>142587
That requires a connection at where-ever the Wii is. His problem sounds like losing internet access at home. Hopefully he gets higher speed internet than dial up in the future.
>> No. 142597
<On-cue, a wavering, echoing yodel floats in from the kitchen. Leaning past the doorjamb, you see Cirno with her head fully concealed by a huge stock pot.

“Yooooodeliodeliodeliodeli-YEEEEE-hoooo!” she yodels, moving the pot up and down to vary the pitch as she does. >

Cannot...stop laughing
>> No. 142599
>>142597

ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 142612
>>142589
thatsthejoke

>>142597
<HEY GUYS LOOK AT MY GREENTEXT I'M SO COOL
herp
>> No. 142616
>>142612

That is called a quote.
>> No. 142621
>>142616
That's not how quotes work.
>> No. 142643
>>142612

Iam sorry if for some reason I have offended you with the way I type, I do not know how to green text and was merely trying to show what had caused me a good laugh.

Instead of insulting me how about teaching me how to green text and maybe then I can thank you for your assistance?
>> No. 142644
>>142643
The thing bothering me isn't really the quote (also, it's >, not <), but rather the name.
>> No. 142646
>>142643
You should easily be able to figure it out with minimal effort. Before you do so however, I'd recommend taking a look at http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/
>> No. 142688
>>142643
We shouldn't have to teach jack as you should at least take a passing glance at the rules. I was under the assumption you were 'breaking' them because you A. are a fucking retard or B. some other reason that stills fucking retarded.

I should also note that unless this topic is yours (which it isnt) drop the name. It's attention whoring, and no one cares about your name here unless you are a writer, or god forbid someone like YAF. Listen to >>142646
as well. On a side note, Dont start posting unless you're at least 99% sure you wont be an attention whoring faggot.

Good day to you sir.
>> No. 142707
>>142643
get rid of the name.
>> No. 142708
*Pokes thread*

Newbies not withstanding... one wonders what's up with the Big D? Surely he would have found a hotspot long enough to at least let us know he was okay...
>> No. 142709
>>142708
ಠ_ಠ
>> No. 142713
>>142708

>newbies notwithstanding
>*actions*

...Yeah. Not making a good showing of being any different, there. Also, it's been what, seven days? Please.

When he disappears for as long as that guy over in /forest/, then you can worry.

It's been what, two months now? Seven days is nothing.
>> No. 142718
>>142713
Exactly. Besides, Waiting so long for this story makes it so much better in the end.
>> No. 142722
>>142713
>...Yeah. Not making a good showing of being any different, there.

I was under the assumption that general politeness goes a long ways. It makes me wonder what sort of trauma occurred that makes people here so rigid.

Next time, just point us newfags in the right direction and say RTFM.

>When he disappears for as long as that guy over in /forest/, then you can worry.

>It's been what, two months now? Seven days is nothing.

Can't say that I know 'that guy over in /forest/' - I've been coming pretty much for A Wizard Is You and I've only recently got to this point. That, and I hardly know D's posting habits because I've been playing catchup this whole time. Sure, I could have checked the dates on the posts as I read along, but what sort of person stops to do mental math before getting into the good stuff? That's like being a newly minted bachelor that doesn't eat his dessert before dinner - ya know what I mean?
>> No. 142723
>>142713
You mean Bread? Or someone else as the Hunter's dream guy updated just recently.

And somehow Cirno should get a wizard hat of her own, possibly one with translation functions.
>> No. 142725
>>142722
>That's like being a newly minted bachelor that doesn't eat his dessert before dinner - ya know what I mean?
Sadly no, As most of us are virgins and always will be.
>> No. 142738
>>142722
We did. >>142646
>> No. 142741
>>/gensokyo/6052, specifically.
>> No. 142747
File 13087578469.png - (136.92KB , 666x555 , Oh exploitable1.png ) [iqdb]
142747
2 updates.
194 posts.
This story is reaching Gensokyo High's level.

Does that mean that the writefag will leave at the climax?
>> No. 142748
>>142747

Happen often 'round here?
>> No. 142749
>>142747
Well of course. We cant have the writers posting in their own thread: Oh no. That's just horrible you know.
also sauce please
>> No. 142753
>>142749
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=big&illust_id=19491924
>> No. 142773
File 130878132791.jpg - (95.27KB , 592x358 , gazeebo.jpg ) [iqdb]
142773
[X]NOPE.JPG.GIF.PNG.AVI.TXT


As the gargantuan architectural abomination bears down upon thee, you swiftly evaluate the current usefulness of spells selected for efficacy against hat-wearing women.

“Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnope!” you conclude, grabbing Keine by the arm. “LZ is hot, immediate dustoff!”

“What the hell does that mean!?” she shouts back, still watching the onrushing gazebo.

“FLY, YOU FOOL!” Setting an example, you lift off with your Overland Flight spell, dragging Keine aloft as well. As you climb away, the Gazebo comes to a clanking, splintering halt. As you gain altitude, the huge structure quakes and quivers with a queerly organic fluidity.

“Does Venca’s eye viddy this shit,” you breathe, watching as the organic oscillations increase tempo. The peaked roof ripples with eager energy.

“What’s it doing?” Keine asks shakily.

“Who knows!” you exclaim. “I’m just glad it can’t fluuuh?!

You thought you knew about flight. There’s a thousand ways to take flight, both magical and mundane, and you thought you’d seen’em all. You’ve seen a dragonfly, seen dragons fly, and once fought a dragonfly the size of a dragon. While flying. You’ve seen butterflies, beetles, bees, swarms of bees you personally summoned – all flying. You’ve seen flying fish and soaring whales. You’ve seen flying fortresses and flying squirrels, flying carpets and levitating magnetite landmasses. You’ve flown as ghostly mist and seen a flying castle that was also haunted. You’ve seen houseflies, horseflies, and flying horses. You’ve seen a Beholder sorcerer polymorphed into a horsefly bring down the house. You’ve seen Arrowhawks riddled with arrows of flight and frigates with cloud keels do aerial battle with Aboleth mages high above the waves. You’ve seen flying rocks and flying Rocs, and to top it all the ‘owlbear’ which can’t fly. So yeah, you thought you knew flight.

But you have never, ever, in the width or breadth of the Planar reaches, seen a Gazebo fly.

And how that beast flies. It doesn’t soar so much as loom upward, the rippling peaked roof approaching as the Gazebo closes for the kill, a horrible pulsating WHHAAARRR! of cyclonic winds tearing its wake. You and Keine dive in opposite directions as the Gazebo whaaaars! past, the turbulence spinning you end-for-end as the structure narrowly misses. Steadying yourself, you look up to witness the Gazebo performing a ponderous, impossible tumble, the peak of its roof coming to bear on you and Keine once more.

Drawing a wand, you fire a lightning bolt into the marauding structure, the energy splintering a timber-end with intense heat. The Gazebo’s outraged roar sounds like an entire sawmill avalanching down a wooded mountainside. Completing its clumsy flip, it plummets towards you, wharrrrring all the way. You dart sideways, but Overland Flight doesn’t have the nimbleness of Fly. The shingles smash into your legs as the Gazebo tries to pancake you into the earth, and you’re sent tumbling ass-over-teakettle towards terra firma.

Emphasis on firm, despite impacting the soft mulch of a flowerbed. You once hit a roof and a flowerbed in rapid succession, but this is the first time a roof has hit you. The earth trembles as the dread Gazebo advances, ready to give you another unique experience. Your mind has hurdled three hedges and is halfway through the garden when you realize your body hasn’t quite caught up yet. It seems to like that flowerbed just fine, in fact.

The Gazebo looms above you, rearing up to bury you under its foundations. The words to a spell are already on your lips, but you’re having difficulty making the proper motions. A thousand pounds of worked timbers reaches their full height –

– and Keine’s feet slam into the earth beside you. A scroll in her hand unrolls with a whiplike snap! and the strange runes blaze with ruby light –

Brilliant ruby missiles of magical energy explode from the air before Keine, saturating a ninety-degree arc before her. The PAMPAMPAM of missiles detonating against the Gazebo’s underside deafens you, and the ruby fury of Keine’s wrath is blinding. A strong hand seizes the nape of your neck, and a moment later you’re bouncing up and down on somebody’s shoulder, the outraged roar of the Gazebo chasing you through the garden.

“Fuggit, puddmah dun,” you complain.

“You wish to be dragged!?” Duke’s booming baritone replies.

“I thunk I’m okay. I can move again. Just got stummed fer a second.”

“Very well.” Duke unslings you from his shoulder and sets you on your feet, where you sway for a moment. Your body is aflame with needling fire, but at least you can feel it again. As you wiggle your fingers experimentally, a brilliant white flash offers new insult to your eyes. Squinting, you make out Keine sprinting over to you.

“That won’t hold it longer then a few seconds. It’s power is monstrous!” She looks over her shoulder, where the Gazebo is already shaking off Keine’s assault. “I don’t think we’ll get away very easy. What now?”




[ ] Keine’s got the right idea: WIZARD MISSILE MASSACRE. Keine and Duke are with you, and quantity has a quality all its own. Saturate the dread Gazebo with destruction! COME AT ME BRO

[ ] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit. CLEVER GIRL

[ ] The situation is desperate. We must take the long shot and reach for destructive energies hitherto unimaginable. The Gazebo called down the thunder – now let it reap the whirlwind. HAIL MARY PASS


There are no wrong answers here, but some will be more effective then others, and all have varying consequences past this battle.
>> No. 142774
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.

better yet
[x] FIRE AN ARROW IT WILL WORK
>> No. 142775
[ ] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.

We have a Delayed Blast Fireball, don't we. Fire mages are a natural counter to the dread gazebo.
>> No. 142777
I SWEAR TO GOD I'LL TURN THIS THREAD AROUND AND WE'LL ALL GO HOME

>>142589
'Lunes information was a bit out of date; I've been using a Verizon MiFi card (cellular broadband) for over a year now. Of course, that comes with a 5 gigabyte/MONTH cap. WHEEEE. Last night I actually tried connecting to the old dial-up ISP through the home phone, which is also cellular (bluetooth-enabled box links the home phone lines to a dedicated cellphone,) and it almost worked. It would've been hilarious if it had.

>>142747
You cannot fathom how badly I'm tempted to Bel-Air at the very end of the story.

But I like being not-murdered, so.
>> No. 142783
[x] Keine’s got the right idea: WIZARD MISSILE MASSACRE. Keine and Duke are with you, and quantity has a quality all its own. Saturate the dread Gazebo with destruction! COME AT ME BRO

that flying paragraph was Good
>> No. 142785
[X] Clever girl.

Keine tells us the power of this gazebo is clearly over 9000 ('monstrous' were her exact words - I'm inclined to believe her). So lets try to push its self-destruct button before we blow our load all over it.

...I'd like to save some of that juice for the tender arses of some malign conspirators.
>> No. 142786
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit. CLEVER GIRL

Either burn it down, either chop it into matches.
>> No. 142787
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.
>> No. 142788
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit. CLEVER GIRL
>> No. 142789
[X] Clever girl

If you don't bomb the mid-boss, that leaves so many resources left for the boss herself.
>> No. 142790
Poor other vote options. They never had a chance.
>> No. 142792
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit. CLEVER GIRL

>>142783
I agree, I really liked it.
>> No. 142795
This looks like a good time as any for [X] Limited Wish.
>> No. 142797
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.

If it weren't for the fact we were in the village, the first option would sound better, going all out would most likely nuke a part of the village.
>> No. 142799
Considering it's a gambit, there is a chance someone could get hurt here even if it works. But it still looks better than the others options

[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit. CLEVER GIRL
>> No. 142802
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don't contest its strength; find its weakness. It's time... for the Merlin Gambit. DON'T TAZE ME BRO
>> No. 142807
[x]Hail Mary Pass
>> No. 142817
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.
>> No. 142818
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit
>> No. 142819
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.
>> No. 142821
I can't believe Wizanon has never seen an elephant fly.
>> No. 142822
[X] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.

USE SOME FIRE SPELLS GODDAMNIT
>> No. 142824
[X] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.
>> No. 142825
[x] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don't contest its strength; find its weakness. It's time... for the Merlin Gambit.

[x] Wonder if being able to SEE INTO THE FUCKING FUTURE would help outsmart your enemy.

[x] CAST. FORESIGHT.
>> No. 142826
Although part of me wishes for mo dakka...
[X] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.
>> No. 142834
>Limited Wish
Is only generally used for combat revives like the Revivify spell if you don't have a cleric with 1000 GP on hand.

It's great for that one off time you need that extra spell you've already used earlier, or you're a sorcerer and don't mind losing XP. But by it's nature, it is a severely limited ability.
>> No. 142838
[ ] The situation is desperate. We must take the long shot and reach for destructive energies hitherto unimaginable. The Gazebo called down the thunder – now let it reap the whirlwind.
All hail Anon Wizard let his will be done
>> No. 142839
[x] Keine’s got the right idea: WIZARD MISSILE MASSACRE. Keine and Duke are with you, and quantity has a quality all its own. Saturate the dread Gazebo with destruction!
>> No. 142841
[x] The situation is desperate. We must take the long shot and reach for destructive energies hitherto unimaginable. The Gazebo called down the thunder – now let it reap the whirlwind.
>> No. 142842
[X] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.

>destructive energies hitherto unimaginable. The Gazebo called down the thunder – now let it reap the whirlwind.
That joke update is still burned into my brain; that's how insanely hilarious it was. I'm all for Limited Wish: Control Winds (NOT IN A LIBRARY), but I'd like there to be some folks around to gape in shock and awe at Wizanon if he does use it. And... maybe hit level 18 first, for Tornado-force winds. I'm sure there's some forest/town somewhere around here that needs to be picked up and thrown in millions of pieces, right...? Well, a man can dream.
>> No. 142848
Wait, I just realized. Isn't "Clever Girl" a quote from Jurassic park? Right before the guy get's eaten?
>> No. 142849
>>142848
Yup. But its too late now mother fucker.
Best start booking it.
>> No. 142850
>>142848
Yup, Muldoon, just before the Raptors got him. They made a... distraction that drew his attention away from their real position.
>> No. 142854
>>142852
I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you, Could you say that with a bit more grammar?
>> No. 142855
>>142850
Yep, and I think the intent is to have the monster think something similar before it's blasted.
>> No. 142856
[ ] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit. CLEVER GIRL
>> No. 142858
[X] Summon Pyonta.

Come on, you know you want to.
>> No. 142867
[/] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.
>> No. 142868
>>142842
>limited wish.
>for Tornado-force winds.

Almost.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/controlWeather.htm

Read this spell description... carefully.
>> No. 142869
>>142868

Control Winds is a 5th lvl Druid spell which is not on our spell list but can be duplicated with Limited Wish.

Control Weather is an 8th lvl Wizard spell.
>> No. 142870
[X] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.

>Read this spell description... carefully.
I'm sure gazeebo will wait 10 minutes for tornado to appear.
>> No. 142874
I cannot believe this is happening.
>> No. 142879
>>142858
But we have to pay Pyonta in lolis, and where will we get one we can sacrifice?

Cirno doesn't count, she's the beloved tomboy daugter.
>> No. 142880
>>142773
Wait, it really was a gazebo?
SHIT.

WHAT FUCKING KILLS A WOODEN STRUCTURE OF THAT MAGNITUE!?!

Wait! there may be hope!

BUT THE CONSEQUENCES ARE DIRE
[x] Get duke to hold the beasts jaw open
[x] Re enact a love tradgey scene within its mouth with keine

GAZEBOS CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF LOVERS BREAKING UP IT IS POISON TO THEM, THIS WILL CAUSE THE BEAST TO SPONTANIOUSLY COLLAPSE AND BURN. I have seen enough films to deduce this.
>> No. 142890
>>142880
You should rest. It's apparent that you're in need of it.
>> No. 142926
>>142773
>flower beds
[X]OH FUCK WE JUST PISSED OFF YUUKA
>> No. 142937
>>142926
My thoughts exactly.
>> No. 142947
>>142926
Let's not presume anything too soon.
>> No. 142950
>>142926

If necessary we could use Limited Wish (Plant Growth) to restore all the damage, though it would be a waste of a high level spell. Could also trick her with Mirage Arcana into thinking we did so.
>> No. 142961
>>142950
>tricking a youkai that's on par with Yukari
ahahahahaaha it's funny because its retarded
>> No. 142967
>>142961

It's a pretty complex illusion (sight, sound, smell) that only allows a save on physical interaction, it lasts for the better part of a day, and she won't have the ranks in spellcraft to know what we're casting. Even if she discovered it the next day, we'd be long gone.
>> No. 142970
>>142967
So she'd hunt us down. She'd be pissed, after all.
>> No. 142971
>>142970
Only if she could figure out we did it, which might be considerably more difficult if Wizanon is out of the area when the illusion wears off.

I dunno, it doesn't sound like a good idea anyway. In the unlikely event that we run into her, I think a LITTLE diplomacy might be in order. (And no metagaming, dammit. Wizanon doesn't know about Yuuka.)
>> No. 142976
>Flower beds
Never stated it was sunflowers, you buffoons

any way if it is her, I won't matter we are a wizard ETC...

If she is made out to be overpowered, we will jsut go back home stock up on potions and spam the most powerful move in our arsenal.

And if physical violence won't work, we seal her ass and leave her field to an everlasting flame and turn her in a spectacle for all the villagers to see and insult her for being a flower bitch.
>> No. 142987
>>142976
>And if physical violence won't work, we seal her ass and leave her field to an everlasting flame and turn her in a spectacle for all the villagers to see and insult her for being a flower bitch.
I don't think the wizard would be that cruel. He's a jackass, but he's not evil.
>> No. 142988
File 130902253474.jpg - (1.01MB , 1615x744 , b3c02731afb1c42d8a2b13effbf7b66b5220bb16.jpg ) [iqdb]
142988
>>142987
>Evil
>Yuuka Kazami

ARE

YOU

A FUCKING

RETARD?

She's practically like a dragon from old English tales, killing her in any shape or form is justified with no draw backs whatsoever.

Need I remind you that killing a lesser Youkai In any CYOA often results in villagers welcoming you with open arms? if it does come to having to kill her then there is no reason to hold back.

Keep in mind, almost everyone hates her.

Except for medicine, but she's a doll, so fuck her shit.
>> No. 142989
>>142988
Infact, killing her may just get us back on the good side of the village.

So yeah, If it is Yuuka, we will fuck her shit.
>> No. 142991
>>142988
>no repercussions
Gensokyo's flower shop loses its best customer, you bastard.
>> No. 142992
>>142991
>Yuuka
>Allowed in the human village
>Liking anything but sunflowers
>> No. 142993
File 130902630881.png - (359.71KB , 600x450 , 6712109.png ) [iqdb]
142993
>>142992
>> No. 142995
File 130902752821.jpg - (1.19MB , 1600x1000 , Aya on the job.jpg ) [iqdb]
142995
>>142993
You know what this means. Yuuka must have a secret human lover! Who better to expose this scoop than Shameimaru Aya!
>> No. 142999
File 13090286653.jpg - (607.49KB , 943x1200 , 18358973.jpg ) [iqdb]
142999
>>142995
That one's easy.
>> No. 143000
Isn't whole evil and sadistic Yuuka just another part of Fandom?

And while killing evil creature may be "good" thing I don't see how torturing her (setting field to an everlasting flame would be effectively mental torure), could be considered as a good act by anyone.

Not to mention that could cause collapse of spellcard system.
>> No. 143001
File 130902904420.jpg - (430.19KB , 556x800 , hatate.jpg ) [iqdb]
143001
>>142995
Why, the Ace Reporter of Kakashi Spirit News, of course! Himekaidou Hatate is on the case!
>> No. 143002
File 130903019810.jpg - (321.85KB , 480x960 , Trying to sell a fight.jpg ) [iqdb]
143002
>>143001
Bitch, are you trying to sell a fight?
>> No. 143003
>>143000
Yeah it's a rather retarded fanon as it reduces her to a one note character. Canon has her as elegant, mature, but temperamental, particularly about flowers but not unreasonably so.

>>142988
You sound more like some /tg/ neckbeard that people are fond of bitching about.
>> No. 143008
>>143003
So, she won't kill me just for walking into her garden? I don't think so, Jim.
>> No. 143009
>>143008
Well it'd depend, though walking carelessly through her garden is basically asking for it. And in PoFV, one couldn't blame Yuuka for her reactions as well when most Touhous are in an area, stuff gets wrecked.
>> No. 143010
Okay, I'm just going to say this now.
>>142988
This post makes me think 'my waifu is not completely pure wah wah wah'
>>143003
Is the only smart post in this argument. She's not nice, She's not bad, She's not a flower-freak who'd go on a killing rampage because someone stepped on a single flower in gensokyo. Do people not understand the concept of "I'm neutral and I dont give a fuck what you do as long as it doesnt directly interfere with me"?
>> No. 143011
>>143010
>This post makes me think 'my waifu is not completely pure wah wah wah'
If he was complaining about his waifu, I'd be more sympathetic. It's seriously annoying to see interpretations you don't like flourish while the one you love languishes.

I mean, I know they're effectively separate people and it shouldn't bother me, but they look the same! I can't help it!
>> No. 143013
>Read wiki
>Find out Yuuka is a sadist who beats the shit out of wriggle to show her affection
>She likes flowers in genral and doesn't to be disturbed
>Teases people and lies a lot
>Her smile is genuine
Well, I feel like an idiot, Blame the fanwank.
If anything, Yuuka's field isn't sunflower exclusive and if we were to damage it, we'd get told off and be asked to replace them with perhaps a bone breaking slap.

Remind me again why we even have fanwank Yuuka?
Because I'd like to see more of this one.
>> No. 143020
>>143013
>Find out Yuuka is a sadist who beats the shit out of wriggle to show her affection

Sigh. Canonically, those two have never had anything to do with each other.
>> No. 143022
File 13090606036.jpg - (168.72KB , 692x800 , c242771366e1624de1d345cdd266d0a5.jpg ) [iqdb]
143022
Holy shit you people are retarded. I can't tell whether it's general /th/ dumbfuckery or just the readership of this particular story.
>> No. 143023
>>143013
Which wiki did you read? If you read the Wikia, you're doing it wrong. Go here http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Touhou_Wiki for your information as it's generally more reliable and maintained by folks with some knowledge of canon.
>> No. 143027
>>143023
I just checked both of them, they have both the same entries so it doesn't make any diffrence.
I still want a slighty threatening if not kind and amusing Yuuka though.
>> No. 143031
>>143027
There's always the Yuuka as portrayed in Restorer in Gensokyo.

But really now, this whole thing about Yuuka is well off the story's progression by this point. Mr. Wizard doesn't know she exists, and she might not even be in this story for all we know. If he ends up encountering her, he'll deal with things then, in his usual brash and abrasive manner. But people really need to lay off the idea of Mr. Wizard's invincibility as if simply being a wizard is an instant I WIN button... especially considering how he got nearly screwed over by a handful of villagers not too long ago.

By the way, to those who aren't bothering with it, remember to use sage when not voting, even after we reach bump limit. It's considered to be polite, so people can easily scroll past these kinds of discussions with a passing glance.
>> No. 143032
>>143027
Yuuka's Wiki entry doesn't even mention Wriggle.
The Wikia entry, on the other hand, doesn't even make an attempt at informing people that the "she beats up Wriggle to show her love" bit is anything more than retarded fanon.
>> No. 143034
>>143031
Well of course we're going to argue about shit that most likely wont happen or doesnt matter. After all, We're /th/ anon!
>> No. 143035
File 130911102334.jpg - (32.37KB , 400x400 , 1303154732127.jpg ) [iqdb]
143035
>>143032
>MFW that entry is present on my psp yet not my computer

Well that's weird.
>> No. 143041
>>143032
If you want some REAL fun, look up Neko Scarlet on the Wikia.
>> No. 143043
hey deme I got back from basic military training so be on irc next weekend so we can play battletech
>> No. 143048
File 130913106221.gif - (645.95KB , 300x340 , 006x0qz4.gif ) [iqdb]
143048
Oh jesus, have I been using some sort of Gaia wiki?

I.........

oh god.
>> No. 143056
>>143041

I swear to god, I vomited reading that bullshit.
>> No. 143078
>>143041
I... feel dirty inside...
>> No. 143108
>>143041
I think >>143048 sums up our feelings exactly.
>> No. 143191
>>143041
You are weak. I did worse.
I forced myself to read "my Immortal", and now I can't write properly. That thing contaminated me.
>> No. 143196
>143191
I've read whole Baldur's Gate novelization.
>> No. 143204
[x] Get duke to hold the beasts jaw open
[x] Re enact a love tradgey scene within its mouth with keine

Back on track shall we?

My piss is greater than you, tide.
>> No. 143207
>>143191
Try reading "Agony in pink." Most people go on and on about how it's a horrific snuff and torture fic, and how you can't be human if you're not disgusted and/or sickened by it, but what grated on me was the prose used in it was so god damned dry.
>> No. 143209
>>143204

I like this one.
>> No. 143219
>>143196
There is no such thing as a Baldur's Gate novelization. Just like there's no Devil May Cry 2, DMC reboot or Terminator 3.
>> No. 143221
[x] Get duke to hold the beasts jaw open
[x] Re enact a love tradgey scene within its mouth with keine

Also
>THP on the subject of the tide

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
>> No. 143222
File 130929508231.png - (251.67KB , 432x285 , Commmon sense 1.png ) [iqdb]
143222
>>143221
>The Tide itself.
>> No. 143223
File 130929510324.png - (245.17KB , 432x285 , Commmon sense 2.png ) [iqdb]
143223
>>143222
>> No. 143267
>>143207
Haha Agony in Pink. I guess I'm not human then, since I wasn't really horrified or disgusted by it.
>> No. 143335
As someone who plays high-level Wizards, some of this makes me cry. We blew a Greater Planar Binding on just Duke, when we could have gotten two of his friends/an Efreeti/Noble Djinn or something as well. And then we'd have Wishes for everyone! Sanae's at-will Miracle can suck it when you can chain-bind Efreeti and get Rings of Three Wishes coming out of your ass.

[X] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.

We can probably drop a Mirage Arcana of oh god what the fuck or even a simple Silent Image blob of Rumina-night in front of it; gazebos are not clever creatures. Or we can set up that Delayed Blast Fireball to land in it, make sure it's not over something that will catch fire and Dokan that shit like we're Flan. Bonus points if we do it over Benson's meeting place as a flashy entrance. Wizanon gets results.

Also, you post on SB, Demetrius? Cause if so, get back to work on The Third Magic; I need something to beta.
>> No. 143337
>>143335
Somehow Demetrious and Deviatesfish never struck me as similar persons. How did you get that idea?
>> No. 143340
>>143335
Space Battles' Demetrious has said that he's not this one. I think it's in his sig or avatar message even.
>> No. 143350
File 130957613733.jpg - (83.58KB , 1024x953 , 1308628031375.jpg ) [iqdb]
143350
>>143335
>... you can chain-bind Efreeti and get Rings of Three Wishes coming out of your ass.

Are you the same idiot who suggested that back in Thread 10, or a completely different idiot?

The problem isn't that you're asking the DM to fuck you over. The problem is that you're asking the DM to fuck you over in the least interesting manner possible.
>> No. 143356
>>143337
Meant the Eva/Fate one which it's been so long since I've seen I forgot the name of it. I was that dude's beta for it. Weird coincidence, I guess.

>>143350
Different idiot. Stupid as it may be, that is well within the non-"DM may I" aspects of Wish, as seen here:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wish.htm

The relevant portion is: "Create a magic item, or enhance an existing magic item." A Ring of Three Wishes is a magic item. Efreeti are dicks, but they are lawful dicks, so they can't willingly pervert the Wish if you spell it out to them. It's well within their power to make a single magic item, even if that magic item will fuck the game in half.

If you wanted to annoy the entire Elemental Plane of Fire, you could have the Efreeti/Noble Djinn Wish for a Planar Binding and bring all his buddies, then once you have a farm of the things, milk 'em for Wishes.

Or you could do this at level 1 by pooling your party's money and buying a Candle of Invocation: LE or LG (I think Noble Djinn are LG), using the Gate function, and getting one to aid you no harm no foul.

So yeah, the DM (and you, apparently) can get asspained about it, but it's a perfectly legal thing to do within the rules of Wish that don't have the DM fuck you for it. You can do it yourself by level 17 (faster if you're a Beholder Mage you filthy bastard), if you're willing to take the XP hit and cast Wish for the first ring.
>> No. 143357
>Efreeti/Djinni abuse
Even if wishes wouldn't backfire in short time we would have to deal with his friends.

>You can do it yourself by level 17 (faster if you're a Beholder Mage you filthy bastard), if you're willing to take the XP hit and cast Wish for the first ring.
Forging ring of 3 wishes would be cheaper than wishing it.
>When a wish creates or improves a magic item, you must pay twice the normal XP cost for crafting or improving the item, plus an additional 5,000 XP.

btw. We've passed 300 posts again.
>> No. 143359
Well, if anyone else asks why some think this is a /tg/ (or D&D) wank story I'll direct them to the end of this thread.
>> No. 143363
>>143359
Folks who insist on making overcomplicated write-ins for the sole sake of measuring their e-peens?
>> No. 143365
>>143359
Really? Discussing mechanics is wanking?
>> No. 143369
>>143357
>btw. We've passed 300 posts again.

Damn. Time to start looking for that new thread.

It's understandable that the D&D guys here love to geek out, but it gets tiresome having the threads swamped by all that discussion on the finer points of D&D. I'm just here for the awesome story, after all.

Just my two cents.
>> No. 143370
>>143365

When it is about abusing mechanics to make this story nothing but a boring curb-stomp I would.
>> No. 143372
I'm surprised nobody have proposed Pun-Pun yet (yes, this is a sarcasm)
>> No. 143373
>but it gets tiresome having the threads swamped by all that discussion on the finer points of D&D. I'm just here for the awesome story, after all.

We are past 250 post limit so there won't be any more updates in this thread.
>> No. 143375
>>143356
Yeah, that's nice. And for any decent DM, it's synonymous with begging them to go into ROCKS FALL mode.
>> No. 143387
>>143372
Pun-Pun doesn't actually work under the rules. I think it falls apart with the "turn into Sarrukh, ???, become god!" part.

>>143375
If by "decent" you mean "asshole", then yeah. You could always instate that old "no magic item over 15k" Wish clause, or you could ban Candles of Invocation so a savvy party isn't murderizing orcs with artifact weapons.

But that's neither here nor there.

>>143370
thou art mad
>> No. 143388
>>143370
Personally, I enjoy "wanking" over the rules. I don't want to turn the story into a boring curb-stomp but I'd like to give feedback on stuff that seems in-congruent to D&D.

For example, using a wand of lightning bolt on the gazebo. That's just too weak of a spell for the power level he's fighting at. It would deal 25 damage if you're lucky or 8 if you're unlucky. Whereas a disintegrate would be easily around 120 damage.

I just want to help the MC step up his game.
>> No. 143390
OK< but you still can get all feats in the world via Manipulate Form. Unlimited Wishes thing is more broken than Unlimited Feat one (but they're still tremendously broken)
Optimizing stop! Optimizing character stop!
>> No. 143397
>>143390
>Optimizing stop!
Okay, MC!Wizard now has int 3 in every single stat and replaced his class levels with 16 levels of worthless LA and a single commoner level. Happy?
>> No. 143398
>>143397
Of course! When he said not to go to one extreme, what he realy ment was to go to the opposite extreme!

You're a fucking idiot.
>> No. 143407
I don't mind the DnD info heavy votes if they were aimed towards solving the problem as opposed to "Look how much I know! Even if it bites us in the foot!"
>> No. 143466
>>143398
Optimizing means making something better. If you cut out all optimization, then you must go to the lowest you can possibly go, barring Cup-Cup, because Nup-Nup is the optimization of a character so useless it can't do pretty much anything.
>> No. 143478
Hey, ah...is D going to update any time soon?
>> No. 143487
>>143478
I'd give it a bit longer. Independence Day Weekend in USA and all.
>> No. 143490
>>143466
By "optimizing" I mean something like "become Pun-Pun" or "infinite wishes", things that are breaking the game system. And I think "becoming the weakest character EVAR" is a bad idea.
>> No. 143492
>>143490
There are two kinds of optimization, theory op and practical op. Former is pun-pun and shit like that which was never meant to see the light of an actual game. Latter is not being a retard and making characters who aren't gimps.
>> No. 143493
File 130995150575.jpg - (444.36KB , 800x567 , ID4.jpg ) [iqdb]
143493
>I don't mind the DnD info heavy votes if they were aimed towards solving the problem as opposed to "Look how much I know! Even if it bites us in the foot!"

Apart from recurring wish retardation I can't remeber any problems that were created by dnd related discussion.
>> No. 143496
>>143493
I main problem really is the small tangents that people go off on that end up unrelated to the story and do nothing but autosage the thread.
People really need to start to use /words/
>> No. 143549
>>143496
my problem is the useless posts complaining about how useless other posts are, they really load down the thread

you'd have to be a total shit to make a post that's just complaining like that

i mean really
>> No. 143654
[X] Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit.
Wonder if new thread.
>> No. 143784
Having been offlined for a long damn while (as in years) I fell far, far behind this story and now would like to catch back up with it. Howver, the #6 and #7 threads give 404 Not Found errors when trying to go to them. Does anyone know how to fix this, or at least later posts in those threads than the first so I can not miss as big a chunk of the middle?

On a tangential note, sicne I know that inevitably someone will have been bitching (someone always does) - Demetrious, you must be made of win to still be continuing like this. If anyone wants to complain about this long-running story, they can talk to my Death of 1000 Combine Harvesters finishing move, 'cause I don't want to hear it.
>> No. 143795
Fight on your terms: brain over brawn. Don’t contest its strength; find its weakness. It’s time... for the Merlin Gambit. CLEVER GIRL
>> No. 143810
>>143784
see
>>142574
>> No. 143816
>>143810
Awesome + Sauce. Thanks, Anon!
>> No. 143827
Someone should tell the guy that runs the Archive about this if he doesn't know already.
>> No. 143865
>>143827
It's actually only temporarily unavailable.

Basically there's a delay between when a thread falls off of the board and when it becomes available in the archive (or something like that). When I started reading this CYOA, thread 2 was unavailable in the archives. But it's there now. If you look back through the threads, the thread that people claimed was unavailable has progressively increased. Now threads 6 and 7 are "unavailable".

So if this CYOA gets to thread 500 and people are complaining that thread #489 is missing from the archive, don't be alarmed. It'll appear in the archive eventually.
>> No. 144002
File 13110690765.jpg - (51.71KB , 410x410 , meteor-showers.jpg ) [iqdb]
144002
[X] The situation is desperate. We must take the long shot and reach for destructive energies hitherto unimaginable. The Gazebo called down the thunder – now let it reap the whirlwind. HAIL MARY PASS

By god if it takes a desperate fight against a colossal animated object that personifies a running joke then SO BE IT!

It may be the underdog by far at this point, but bring on level 17 and Meteor Swarm.
>> No. 144073
I miss Demetrious. Where has he gone?
>> No. 144076
>>144073
He's working on his next update, so he'll post it eventually.
>> No. 144118
>>143387
It works assuming the DM doesn't go all Rule 0 and ban you from playing that character ever again. Assume Supernatural Ability lets a character use any single SU ability a form he can wildshape into has, and a Kobold can wildshape into a Sarruhk as soon as his Caster Level is high enough. Once he's done that, he picks the "Manipulate Form" supernatural ability and goes to town. He and his viper familiar then demonstrate why RAW sucks and RAI does not cover all intentions the players may have.

The only thing keeping Pun Pun from existing in most settings is that a) it's an unintended result of the fact splatbooks have bad oversight, and b) the Overgod (i.e. DM) NO U's any Scaled One trying for this.
>> No. 144212
File 131171608877.png - (704.96KB , 962x1200 , AWizardIsYouNightmareSm.png ) [iqdb]
144212
Remember that nightmare MC Wizard had a while back? Yeah. Sketchy, because I know better than to try to ink over original pencils and I don't have a printer, hence can't print a light blue and ink over then then color-key it out. Also, with it mostly done I rmembered he was supposed to have been pushed over at this point, not still somewhat upright. Meh. Suck it up, it's a free illustration.
>> No. 144253
File 131181985048.jpg - (19.06KB , 248x274 , 1285909907381.jpg ) [iqdb]
144253
>>144212

Oh. Oh wow. That's awesome. And scary. Scary-awesome.

Just to let y'alls know, I've been trying to put the new thread up for an hour now, but for some reason I cannot into posting. Trying to work it out now.
>> No. 144257
>>144253

Consolation prize: Joke thread updated, was going to post it simultaneously with new thread: http://www.touhou-project.com/words/res/824.html
>> No. 144318
>>144253

(is the artist) Yes, that's exactly what I said when I read the scene. Which means that whether it's good or not, my art worked to convey the intended impression. Yay me?
>> No. 144377
NEW THREAD >>144306

completely forgot to post that, dang