[Return]
Archived thread

File 130683198226.jpg - (473.95KB , 1200x1589 , 17192027.jpg ) [iqdb]
141637 No. 141637
Technically it's still Monday in some parts of the world...I think.

>>127312 Thread one
>>128033 Thread two
>>128606 Thread three
>>130017 Thread four
>>131635 Thread five
>>133515 Thread six

[x] For now it'd be best to head back home, see what the others think of all this.


You look toward the mountain; it's not far, not at all. The difficulty in getting there is the terrain. Were it more agreeable, if you didn't need to follow the river to avoid the forest, or circumvent the lake, or deal with climbing over rocks and hills...you could get there easily. Yet, even if these were all true, you'd still need to climb the blasted thing, that alone might take a whole day.
Yes...it would be best to leave that for another day.

You turn back to Hijiri and Marisa, who seem to have launched into another discussion.


"I wish I had a better look at her face...but she came and left rather quickly."

"Nah, it's not like there's all that many tengu around anyway. White hair, no wings and a sword? There's only a dozen or so that match the description."

"You seem to know quite a bit, are you on good terms with the Tengu?"

"Not really. I just know a few."

"So...perhaps some other day, you could guide me to them? You interject.

"Ha! No. They'll kick us both out on sight if I tag along. Somehow they think I wanna borrow something from 'em."

"...They do? Why?"

"No clue! The whole damn thing is pretty stupid if you ask me...they don't even have anything I want!"


______________

Given her brazen personality, it's of no surprise that when Marisa decides to tag along with you and Hijiri back the temple, she not only chooses to forego walking entirely by riding her broom, she does so backwards. She hovers at a constant pace in front of both of you, chatting away as she somehow unerringly guides herself along the path without ever looking where she's going.

"Wow...seven hundred years, and you can't remember a damn thing?" she asks.

"Unfortunately, yes. I haven't a clue as to how I got here, let alone how so much time passed."

"That kinda sucks, but I wouldn't worry about it. Stuff like that always works itself out around here."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Something weird happens, you wander around for a bit, beat up some people and before long you bump into whoever was responsible.
Then you just beat them up and make 'em stop."

You can't help but chuckle at that. The idea that all of lifes problems can be solved through a bit of wandering and violence.

"This is a tried and tested method of yours then?" you ask.

"Why, yes it is. As a matter of fact Marisa and I met during such an event." Hijiri responds.

"Hah! Flying treasure ships...that was a good one. We call 'em incidents. Happens once a month, maybe more. Sometimes they're minor things like a missing item, or people having too many parties...other times, it gets more serious."

"Oh?"

"Yeah! One time, the moon dissapeared."

"And of course, you retrieved it by wandering around and then pummeling whomever you ran into?"

"Yep."

______________

As you cross the bridge toward the temple, a far off clanging sound rings out through the air. It's instantly recognizable as the sound of combat. Metal to metal, blade to blade.
Who could it be though? Neither Hijiri nor Marisa seem to be alarmed, so you see no reason to panic either.

Once you've made it closer to the ship, you realize the sounds are coming from the other side. Likely one or two members of the crew are at work practicing...Interesting.

You snap your attention back to the immediate conversation, Marisa and Hijiri both have walked off into the Temple without you, you hurridly attempt to catch up, and noticing this Hijiri turns to face you.

"Did something catch your eye back there, Raziel?"

"My ear, actually. Can you hear that sound?"

"Oh! Of course, it's likely Shou, Murasa or Nue practicing. They tend to spar at least once a day."

"Do you join them as well?"

"Once in a while, but for now I belive I'll be taking miss Kirisame to review some notes. I must say, if you plan on joining in, keep your armor on. It would be a fair bit easier to avoid injury if you do."

"Perhaps I shall, but if I recall correctly someone mentioned repair work to be done around the ship."

"Ah, yes. Most of the outer shell has been replaced already, but several interior areas within the stern aren't quite finished yet. If you want to start somewhere, I suppose it would be there."

[] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
-[] Preferably against Shou
-[] Preferably against Murasa

[] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[] Get right to work!
-[] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?

>> No. 141639
>"So...perhaps some other day, you could guide me to them? You interject.
You forgot a ".


[x] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[x] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?
>> No. 141644
[x] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
-[x] Preferably against Shou

>>141639
>You forgot a ".
Obviously the writer needs to be pummeled.
>> No. 141645
>>141644
BURN HIM AT THE STAKE

[x] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
-[x] Preferably against Shou
>> No. 141647
>>141645
BEAT HIM TO DEATH WITH HIS OWN BELT!!
>> No. 141648
[x] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
[x] Preferably against Shou
>> No. 141649
>>141647
GOUGE HIS EYEBALLS AND REPLACE THEM WITH PONG BALLS!

[x] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
[x] Preferably against Murasa

Dont a single one of you want to get back at that ghost for trying to 'teach' us flight?
>> No. 141652
>>141649
If you do that I'll never be able to spot mistakes again.

Also you guys are totally ruining the spoiler!
Jerks!
>> No. 141653
>>141652
You need eye's to write? What is this blasphemy?!

Too lazy to type in [spoilerz], so we all just copy and paste it.

Yes we are jerks. We are all about to jerk out your eyeballs if you dont cater to our every whim. That and make a good story.
>> No. 141654
[x] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
-[x] Preferably against Murasa
>> No. 141661
[x] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[x] Get right to work!

You pussies. It is Ship building time!
>> No. 141665
[x] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[x] Get right to work!
>> No. 141666
[x] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[x] Yxou never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?

Apologizin gaems.
>> No. 141671
[x] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[x] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?

>1KiG gets updated
It's like christmas!
>> No. 141673
[x] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[x] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?

>>141649
Getting clobbered with an anchor is not the best way to get revenge.
>> No. 141674
>>141673
Only pussies cant take an anchor to the head.
>> No. 141713
[x] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
-[x] Preferably against Shou
>> No. 141724
[X] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[X] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?

>>141674
It's only when she takes it back that's the problem.
>> No. 141729
[X] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[X] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?

Almost gave up on this story. Glad to see you back.
>> No. 141737
[x] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
-[x] Preferably against Shou
>> No. 141738
[x] Go outside and see if you're able to join a sparring match.
-[x] Preferably against Shou
>> No. 141784
[X] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[X] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?

Sounds good, hopefully.
>> No. 141873
File 130712553364.jpg - (94.39KB , 788x489 , 1269051138972.jpg ) [iqdb]
141873
[X] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[X] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?

We gave her our word you guys.
>> No. 141878
[x] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[x] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?
>> No. 142577
http://www.thearma.org/essays/Crusades.htm

Interesting read in light of the Raziel's background. So far he seems more in line with a true crusader than any other type.
>> No. 143367
File 130967285277.jpg - (16.88KB , 720x432 , Not really what I meant when I asked for rain.jpg ) [iqdb]
143367
I should be able to update tomorrow if I still have a house.
>> No. 143408
File 130984113739.png - (515.43KB , 744x1052 , b2eed6634ed8de74b61455f34fa320e0.png ) [iqdb]
143408
[X] Go and begin work on the ship. It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what needs doing.
-[X] You never did apologize properly to Nazrin for allowing Shou to be harmed. Maybe you should talk to her first?


Much fun as observing or taking part in a spar may be, there's work to be done and plenty of time for other activities once you've finished your obligations.

"Thank you, I'll get to that right away."

"Mind yourself and don't work too hard, alright?"

You respond with a nod and she turns toward the staircase to the upper deck. You follow along for now, though you'll be splitting off from their path soon enough. Strangely, the talk of fighting reminds you of an obligation you failed to fulfill. You were told to protect Shou should something happen during your trip the other day and kill those who attacked her if necessary. Even if she's since recovered from the injury she took, you're responsible for what happened.

You probably shouldn't apologize to Shou herself for it. Implying that she needed your protection would be rather insulting to a warrior of her caliber. The one you feel the need to speak to is Nazrin, with whom you'd foolishly made a promise you couldn't keep.

You hurry your pace, giving Hijiri a light tap on the shoulder to regain her attention from her conversation with Marisa. She stops and turns, hopefully she'll at least have some idea of where Nazrin might be at this time of the day.

"Before I go, you wouldn't happen to know where Nazrin is, would you?"

"I do, before we left she asked to borrow some of my maps so if I'm not mistaken she should still be in the common room. Why do you ask?"

"I've something to apologize for."

Marisa, who you note has finally started using her feet once again ever so helpfully offers her thoughts. "Ooh, somebody's in trouble~"

Rather than dignify her with a response you wave goodbye to Hijiri and turn back, if you recall correctly the common room is closer to the entrance.

___________

You slide the door open and enter. Just as Byakuren told you, Nazrin is still here and quite obviously still at work. Not wanting to seem rude by interfering you find a chair and wait.

While watching from your seat, you try to figure out what she's doing, or the more difficult question of why she's doing it. She's sitting on the floor with a feathered pen in hand, several notes scattered around her and a smaller version of the map of Gensokyo in front of her. She appears to be scanning the terrain. Holding the pendant she usually wears around her neck over certain areas, with each new note she moves the pendant methodically over the map, searching through for something. She lets out a sharp whistle, and much to your surprise a small mouse emerges from a hole in the wall nearby. After she's marked something down on the paper closest to her, she hands it off to the mouse who immediately scurries away.

It's easy enough to remember what Nazrin is by looking at her, but you'd never really expected that being a mouse youkai meant mice would obey her. Good thing you've figured this out now, if you'd seen them running around earlier you might have tried to kill them, something Nazrin surely wouldn't appreciate.

The light tap of the quill being placed within its ink vial draws your attention back to Nazrin, who has now turned to face you directly. From her expression it's difficult to tell whether she's simply bored, or agitated.

"You have a problem with mice?"

"No, no! Of course not, I was just..."

"Good." She cuts you off, voice entirely dead-pan.

Silence settles into the room once more as Nazrin's attention floats back to the papers around her. She grabs one to read, and doesn't even bother looking up at you before continuing. "So, what are you here for? Lose something?"

"In a way...but that's not what I was here for."

"Oh?"

"Yes. I'd like to apologize for failing to keep my word."

"You mean when you promised to protect my master, should she fail to follow through against an enemy?"

"Exactly."

"You're apologizing for the situation in which she, a resident of Gensokyo and a more experienced fighter beside, ordered you to stay put and then ran off?"

"Well...it's less about that, and more that I made the promise in the first place. I shouldn't have sworn to something I couldn't do."

She looks toward you again, this time in genuine surprise. "Really now? I may have misjudged you a bit, Raziel."

"I wasn't aware you'd gained an opinion of me given our short time together."

"I'm quick to judge...and more often right than wrong by the way. I figured you as a soldier, further still I'd have thought even if Shou told you otherwise, you'd keep to your word better."

You cringe a bit at that, thankfully Nazrin has gone back to being too wrapped up in what she's reading to notice. Nevertheless, she continues. "Then, I thought you were a coward. But at the least, you're willing to apologize for your mistakes." For a moment you believe she's finished speaking, but she cuts you off right before you can reply, muttering under her breath "Unlike some other recent arrivals I could mention..."

It doesn't take you long to realize who she could be talking about, given what history you've heard of the other crew members. "Nue?"

"Nue." She responds sharply. "Don't get me wrong, she's smart...way smarter than she lets on at times. But that mischievous streak she picked up over the years is proving more trouble than she's worth."

"She's definitely a handful, but at least she doesn't seem to mean much harm."

"That's debatable."

"Much as I'm interested in defending Nue's honor, I do have work to get to today so I'll accept your more informed opinion of her."

"Oh? What're you doing?"

"Some basic repairs to the ship."

"I'd heard about that. Where? Who told you what to fix?"

"Hijiri asked me to go to the stern, if I recall correctly."

"Ah...that makes some sense, but forget it. Nobody goes there anyway, so Nue and Murasa have taken a liking to the atmosphere."

"Fond of rotted wood and darkness?"

"No better place for a ghost and a creature that hides from sight whenever possible. If you want to go I'm not going to stop you, but you'd be better off heading to the cargo hold. We don't need it for much so we never really finished, but most of the tools got left there anyway."

"Hm...you think Hijiri would approve?"

"Maybe not, but it'd be more benefit for less hassle. Trust me."

"Very well...but finding an area of the ship would be easier than finding a specific place. How do I get there?"

"I can take care of that." She turns back toward the wall where her mouse had scurried off, letting loose a sharp whistle. Almost immediately, another of the creatures emerges and rushes over to her.

"Dominic." she says, apparently addressing the mouse. "Show Raziel the cargo bay, would you?" It squeaks in response, yet Nazrin seems to understand perfectly. "No, no. Nothing like that. Just straight there and back, no funny business."

With that "Dominic" rushes off toward the doorway. You thank Nazrin for the advise and aid and move to follow, only to be stopped as she shouts after you.

"Keep him out of trouble!"
....Was that directed at the mouse, or you?

___________

Following a mouse is no easy task, especially in the dim light of the ships interior. Thankfully it stops at every corner, ensuring you're aware of where it's headed before scurrying off into the darkness again.

With one last corner, you finally arrive at what must be the cargo bay. The mouse stands idly by the doorway, probably waiting for some approval or reward. Now that you've gotten a good look at the creature, it's actually somewhat...cute, if such a term can be applied to vermin. You kneel down, and try to remember that it's entirely unlikely Nazrin would keep any mice carrying plague or disease with her.

"Thank you for bringing me here and do thank Nazrin again as well."
Obviously it isn't capable of responding in kind, but the creature seems to understand well enough. Rushing off from whence it came, leaving you alone once again.

The cargo bay is by no means small, and as most of the ship seems to be either dedicated to the workings of a temple or living space for its members, you hadn't expected it to have such a large one. Although it's possible that you're simply misjudging the size because the room is only occupied by a few scattered tools, piles of lumber and a ladder. Thankfully there's plenty of light pouring in through the ceiling, primarily through a large grated opening for lowering cargo in, but also through some of the more definitive cracks and warps in the sides of the walls.

You haven't had much experience with carpentry and certainly not for repairing a ship, but it seems reasonable to start with the damage you can safely reach from the ground, and then move up when you have someone around to help.

"Well, best get to it..." You say to the quiet, empty room.
___________


It's an extremely good thing you decided to keep your armor on for this job. Not only has the armor itself offered protection that's essential for dealing with carpentry, but the enhanced strength it can offer has reduced removing rotten wood from the walls to child's play. Of course, in most cases you still need to do so by removing nails to avoid damage to the ship, but every now and then a loose plank can simply be torn straight from the hull.

Perhaps even more useful is Gram, which can slice through wood and the iron of nails as if they weren't even there. It's utterly astounding to watch as it carves through solid materials like air. It's possible some would say that the use of a sword of such quality and power for manual labor is demeaning, but the same could be said of a knight performing such work in the first place.

Eventually, various noises draw your attention away from your work. Beginning as footsteps you could hear in the distance between strokes of your hammer. Eventually whoever was making the noise had stopped in an adjacent room to the cargo bay. The thin walls of the ship made it easy enough to hear the rustling of something being moved and an odd unintelligble whisper.

Curious, you moved closer to the source of the noise. Your armor made keeping quiet difficult, and the moment that you'd began moving in their direction, the noises stopped.
There was silence, which was broken almost immediately by a large crash and several other crashes that followed.

[] Ignore it, it's probably just Nue messing around.

[] Investigate
-[] someone could be hurt
-[] someone could be stealing supplies

[] Go and find someone, quickly. Anyone capable of breaking onto the ship might be more dangerous than you can handle.
>> No. 143410
[X] Investigate
-[X] someone could be hurt
>> No. 143412
[] Investigate
-[X] someone could be hurt
-[X] someone could be stealing supplies

I chose both variations on the choice because while someone could just be hurt, it could be also that they were trying to steal something. It's rather interesting that whoever is attempting to move the crates was whispering. Also as a Hospitaller, there is the possibility that the person would need medical attention since there were several crashes.

Regarding Nazrin and mice, I wonder what she'd think of the rodents that spread the Black Death in Europe?
>> No. 143420
[x] Investigate
-[x] Someone could be hurt

>>143412

I imagine she'd say something like the mice not being able to help it that fleas with the plague jumped on them.
>> No. 143425
[x] Investigate
-[x] someone could be hurt
>> No. 143426
[x] Investigate
- [x] It's probably just Nue, but being curious never hurt anybody. Right?
>> No. 143429
[x] Investigate
-[X] someone could be hurt
>> No. 143439
[x] Investigate
-[x] someone could be hurt
>> No. 143455
[x] Investigate
-[x] Friend or foe, the sound of a crash is not good. Either way, your sword could prove useful.

Don't want to be caught unarmed if there really is a burglar. And if it is a resident who, say, may have been buried under a pile of rubbish, we might need a little something to help them out from under it.
>> No. 143456
[x] Investigate
-[x] someone could be hurt

Did this story have a plot so far? I don't remember anything other than Yuuka.
>> No. 143458
>>143456
Even that's not really plot since we haven't actually voted to go meet her yet.
>> No. 143469
There is the question of how Raziel got to Gensokyo. Remember, he was in that clearing for a long time. Exactly how long is unkown, maybe even to Yukari (or maybe not, who knows with her).
>> No. 143470
[x] Ignore it, it's probably just Nue messing around.

And KiG updates!
>> No. 143475
>>143469
>Exactly how long
Well we can put in a good estimate at the least.
May 18th, 1291 is the date of the actual assault on Acre. The siege lasted longer, but that's the only time he could have actually been fighting on the walls. So there's been 720 or so years between the siege and today for him. However Gensokyo was sealed in the late 1800s, assuming whatever was responsible lacked precognition or could directly arrange for the area to be sealed up around him, it would have had to wait until after the sealing took place. Which puts it at most 120 years.


Course to me how long he's been at the tree is a bit less important than how he's at least 740 and he's still roughing people up like it's 1291.
>> No. 143484
>>143475
>Course to me how long he's been at the tree is a bit less important than how he's at least 740 and he's still roughing people up like it's 1291.

"I art going to fucketh you up."

Because you know, A knight would totally say that.
>> No. 143489
>>143475
Roughing people up? Raziel has hardly done anything of the sort in this story.
>> No. 143497
>>143489
There was the Oni he had a tussle with.
Otherwise I was just referencing his extremely good health more than anything.
>> No. 143512
[x]Investigate
-[x]Someone could be hurt.
>> No. 143642
[x] Investigate
-[x] someone could be hurt
>> No. 144868
File 131338991196.jpg - (140.70KB , 531x506 , 3711fd1edbb00e714110547e3cfeebc2.jpg ) [iqdb]
144868
I [x] Investigate
-[x] someone could be hurt

After a moment the noises from the other room subside only to be replaced by the voice of a young girl sobbing. To ignore her cries would be an unforgivable sin, no matter the circumstance. You sheathe Gram and rush out of the cargo bay, following the noise a short distance down the hall to a door.

As you reach the door the thought that this could be a distraction for some evil deed, or possibly even a trap set for you crosses your mind...however you push such thoughts aside and slide the door open. It would be better to die or fall into the hands of the enemy than to be the type of person who would abandon those in need.

A cursory examination of what is apparently a redundant and significantly smaller storage room don't reveal foul play afoot, the only occupant you can see is the owner of the voice you'd heard and can still hear crying. Several things about her appearance are telling of her nature, to say the least.

As you guessed earlier, she's no larger than a child, though as it had been with Flandre such appearances could be misleading. Her hair is long, solidly green and pulled into a ponytail to the side of her head. However what had immediately tipped you off to the fact that she wasn't human had been the pair of diaphanous wings flapping up and down at such a pace as to create a draft within the room. At a guess, this is a sign of the stress she's under.

Of course, the reason her wings had been so easily spotted was because she was still facing away from you. Entirely oblivious to your presence she continues a desperate struggle to lift a column of shelving that had fallen over into the center of the room. The contents are scattered all about, however most seems to have been crushed into a pile underneath it...though, why she would be in such a state over whatever had been there...

It's only as your attention is drawn to the pile itself that you notice it. An arm sticking out from beneath the side opposite of you. At a glance, the owner is no larger than the green haired girl struggling to lift the shelf, worse still it's likely the rest of her body is trapped squarely beneath it.

You can't waste any more time, you step forth into the room. However, your first step into the room coincides with a short sniffle from the girl, in the gap of silence she hears you. Whirling around and almost immediately leaping to the side before crawling backwards away from you until she hits the wall behind her. A look of sheer terror as she stares up at your helmeted face. Words babbling out one after another with only bare coherence. Though, you think you've gotten the message already:
“Who” ...and in a few instances, “What”, “are you?”

You turn away from the shelf for a moment, deciding it would be best to calm her before moving to save her friend. Considering that rather than running away at the first sign of trouble, she's stuck by her friend to help despite her incapability to do so...she's probably rather loyal. It wouldn't be too unlikely for her to attack you if you make a move that could be mistaken for attempting to harm her friend.

First and foremost you decide revealing yourself as a creature of flesh and blood might be a better first step than mere words. You raise your hands to your helmet. The initial movement illicit a fresh squeak of terror from the girl, who curls into a ball against the wall.
You undo the straps on your helmet and lift it off in a swift motion, then toss it to the side. It's a bit callous to treat your armor like that, but expedience might be a factor.

“Easy, easy...alright? I'm not here to hurt you.”

She visibly relaxes some and nods toward you. Yet she still clutches her hands to her chest to guard herself.

“I'm Raziel. I was the one working in the other room. You noticed me earlier, right?”

“I-...I'm” She stops herself, taking a deep breath. “I'm...Daiyousei. I-...my friend needs help!” She replies. Oddly enough, she finds words quickly despite her apparent fear.

“Alright. You were trying to get that off of her, right? I'll help.”

You stand back toward the far edge of the shelf, bending down to get a grip underneath it. Thankfully it seems to be made of an incredibly light metal, allowing you to easily pull it up and shove it back against the wall. Almost as quickly as she had jumped back, Daiyousuke returns to the pile, tossing the shattered fragments of food, boxes and crates aside as she digs her way through.

You're about to begin to help, but you spot the arm you'd seen before drawing itself back into the pile. Scarcely a second later it, along with the rest of the person attached to it bursts up from underneath the remaining boxes.

“RAAAAAAA!” The small girl roars in triumph, and takes a moment to shake the few scattered bits of food that clung to her blue hair, icy wings and dress during her imprisonment. “That'll teach those damn boxes-!”

“Idiot!” Daiyousei interrupts as she crashes into her friend, bringing them both to the ground.

“Hey! You dared me to do it!” The blue haired girl shouts, now trapped beneath Daiyousuke.

“I didn't think you would actually do it!”

The pair laugh with one another, entirely ignoring you as they do so. While it's nice that they can enjoy a moment of friendship you do have a job to finish...and more importantly, you still don't know why they're here. You clear your throat and catch the blue haired girls attention.

“Who're you?” She says without a hint of hesitation.

“Oh!” Daiyousei sits up, finally letting her friend go.”This is Raziel, he helped lift that shelf off you. Raziel, this is Cirno.”

“It's a pleasure, Cirno, but I'm afraid I must ask what exactly you two were doing here. It's quite dangerous, as you've well learned.” Even if you can't be sure how old the pair are, it's still far too reminiscent of scolding children for you to do anything other than act authoritative.

“We're looking for something.” Cirno responds.

“What would that be?”

“Dunno yet. Suwako said we'd know it when we saw it.”

“And who pray tell, is Suwako?”

In contrast to the speedy and frank responses she gave before, she seems to think this one over, and eyes you suspiciously as she answers. “You ask a lot of questions. It's not really fair if we don't get to ask a few back, right?”

“True...allow me one more then, and I'll be finished. Have either of you been granted permission to be here by anyone who lives in the temple?”

Cirno and Daiyousei look to one another, back toward you, and then to each other again. The pair stand up, and Dai steps toward you before clapping her hands in front of her face and shouts “Sorry!”

Sufficiently distracted, you fail to notice the ball of snow Cirno has obtained and thrown in your face. By the time you've wiped the already melting remains from your eyes, the pair has vanished.

You storm out into the hall in pursuit and catch a glimpse of Daiyousuke, flying through the air as she rounds the corner to your right. You follow, and find that even with your armor you can keep pace well enough to spot them before they can move around the next corner.

To your surprise as you move around the next bend the pair aren't flying away anymore, both have landed, Daiyousei is obscured from view by Cirno and a third person, and it seems Cirno is shouting at the newcomer for something.

“He's chasing us! We've gotta run!”

“Who? That guy?” She responds, pointing toward you as she tips a very odd, eyeball laden hat upward with her other hand. You catch glimpse of blonde hair,

Without turning back Cirno continues her rant. “So many questions! Can we stop with that already?!”

“Look, there's no reason to stop just because of one human. We'll sort him out and keep looking, no problem.” She pushes past Cirno and walks toward you. Slow, calm, with a dignity that betrays what her true age must be.

“You're intruders on this ship, come with me quietly and I'm sure Byakuren won't be too harsh in your punishment.”

She throws her head back in laughter, and somehow without any straps to help, the hat stays firmly in place on her head. “Ah...that's a good one, I like soldiers like you.”

You can hear Daiyousei shout from somewhere out of view. “Don't hurt him, he's nice!” Following the voice, you can see she and Cirno have taken cover, holding their heads out from the other hall.

The girl halts, apparently having gotten close to satisfy her curiosity. “So...a knight, huh? Where did you get the costume?”

Though you're caught off guard by her knowledge of your attire, you manage to respond fast enough to maintain your dignity. “It's no costume, Youkai.” You guess at her nature, hopefully you can regain control of the conversation before the situation escalates. “I am Raziel, A knight of-” “Goddess, actually.” She interjects before you can finish.

“Goddess? What kind of a joke is that?”

“No joke, but you...you're of the Hospitaller, right?”

“...Yes. How did you know?”

“I'm afraid that coat of arms gives it away. If you're planning on shocking people with who you are, you might want to ditch that.”

“I'm aware that it would inform you, but only if you had knowledge of our order to begin with. Where did you learn of the Hospitaller?”

“History, or the internet specifically. Being a god of war spurs the interest, you know?”

“Inter...no, never mind that. This is fruitless, lets get back to the point.”

“Oh? And what is the point, Raziel?” She sneers as her words begin to drip with an insulting tone.

“What do you want here, and how did you get into the temple?”

“No, no. Raziel. That's missing the point entirely! Why do you care what I want?”

“...I want you to tell me why you're here.”

“Come on now, be serious. A man like you? Soldier of a bygone era, still fighting the good fight? What's in it for you?”

“I don't follow.”

“I know your god...or, well, of him. He doesn't exactly hand down rewards, does he?”

“My reward, if I prove worthy, awaits in the life after this one.”

For a moment the dignity and grace she displays is shattered as she lets out a snorted laugh. “Heh...oh, that is sad.”

“The only sad thing here is that I'm permitting you to waste my time with this foolishness, do get to the point, Suwako.”

“Well...lets forget about the outside world for a minute, if your Gods promised afterlife exists, you still won't be going. All souls in Gensokyo whether youkai or human, young or old, every single one goes through to the same place at the end of their life.
See, to the south you have the Sanzu River, and beyond it, standing guard over the cycle of death and reincarnation is Shikieiki Yamaxanadu. Even if you would have normally gone to heaven, I'm afraid she's going to pluck you right out of the air, and throw you back in here for another round.”

“Another round? You're speaking nonsense.”

“Reincarnation, Raziel. Gensokyo is a world separate from the one you knew with its own special cut of the afterlife, just barely enough to judge and accordingly replace the souls that try to leave.”

“Your falsehoods don't change what's going on here! You're not supposed to be here, nor is anything in this temple yours to take!”

“Come now, I'm just trying to help you out a bit...you know what I'm saying is true, don't you? After all, I've no reason to lie about it. It doesn't change that you'll still want to stop me, right?
So tell me, Knight of the Hospitaller. With no reward in sight, no goal handed down from on high...what do you do? Or better yet, what do you want?”


-[]
>> No. 144869
I've gotta start writing shorter updates or something because the wait between these has become inexcusable.

On that note, you can thank Alkarl for the well placed kick in the pants that pushed this one into completion faster than it would have been done otherwise.
>> No. 144870
[x] "I want you to leave."
>> No. 144872
[x] "I want you to leave."
>> No. 144873
[x] "I want you to leave."

Suwako why are you such a bitch? Go be a bitch somewhere else.
>> No. 144874
[x] "I want you to leave."

Suwako, dude, why you being so damn harsh with the knight? Not that it isn't true, but still...
>> No. 144875
[x] "I want you to leave."
>> No. 144876
I sure would like to talk with Suwako when she's not using it as a delaying tactic.
>> No. 144881
[X] "I want you to leave."
-[X] "Why do you care?"
>> No. 144882
[x] "I want you to leave, daimon."
(alternatively, "False God.")

She called herself a god. In front of a militant Catholic. And then she tried to feed Raziel lies, of how something is ABOVE GOD'S AUTHORITY on where his soul would go after his death.

She is a demon, a pagan false god, trying to sway us from our faith and lead us astray. Raziel shall not listen to her lies, for he is a Man of the Lord.
>> No. 144884
[x] "I want you to leave, daimon."

MOVE BITCH GET OUT THE WAY GET OUT THE WAY BITCH GET OUT THE WAY

As if a goddess from a religion that ascribes deities to practically everything can criticize a monotheistic religion.
>> No. 144885
>>144884

Plus, we already have Buddhists and with Ten Desires, Taoists, whose religions are shown to actually have existing deities or supernatural entities. Why the fuck not Christianity?
>> No. 144887
>>144885
She didn't say much about whether the Christian God exists or not though. Only that there's not much Raziel gets out of serving him unless he gets out of Gensokyo's reincarnation cycle.
You'd think somebody else would have mentioned that though. Especially since we've talked about religion with a few of the temple crew already.
>> No. 144889
>>144887
What I tried to stress was that her explanation said basically "Well, God's will/judgement doesn't matter here, you get reincarnated like everyone else in Gensokyo". This is utterly aberrant to any religion of the Book, because it means that Gensokyo would somehow be beyond God's authority and reach. Basic dogma for all three religions of the Book is that all must pass before the Lord to be judged after their death. To paraphrase Jesus, Life is a bridge, meaning that there is a beginning and an end, with no endless cycle of death and rebirth. If other people, following false gods, are thus doomed, it is because they have not been shown the truth of the Book and God's will.

Raziel is likely to see Suwako's affirmations like that. That those she deceived into worshiping her are doomed to endless repetition, but that nothing can stay or oppose God's Will. In Raziel's mind [regarding Suwako's allegations], when he dies, either he will go to God as it should be, or God will come for him should Raziel be hindered. And honestly, despite the Yama's power, I'm betting on God and Christ wrecking their shit Old Testament style to get Raziel's soul back.

In the meantime, Raziel can only dismiss her words as lies meant to make him stray from the true path.
>> No. 144892
>>144889

That'd be a pretty fun consequence of Bad Ending, now that I think about it. Raziel dies and God comes to wreck Shiki's face for trying to take one of his followers.
>> No. 144894
[x] "I want you to leave, daimon."

So I guess Suwako doesn't actually want cooperation. If she knows about the crusades, she should know what telling a crusader God is powerless here would do.
>> No. 144895
[x]What I want is for you and your followers over there to either come with me to see Byakuren, or to leave the premises.

Keep the temper in check, no name calling, just stay focused on the business at hand. If she refuses, go get backup.
>> No. 144900
[x] That is not for you to decide for me.
-[x] But if it does come to such a point, I would say I'd like to live a life with good deeds.
[x]But as of right now, what I want is for you and your followers over there to either come with me to see Byakuren, or to leave the premises.

People sure are bent on making him rigidly catholic as opposed to more flexible.
>> No. 144902
[x]What I want is for you and your followers over there to either come with me to see Byakuren, or to leave the premises.
>> No. 144907
[X] "What I would deem a satisfactory course of events for myself, madame, is if you and your companions left the premises with all due haste. Also, I am afraid that I must reject your generous offer."

Ultra-Sophistication!
>> No. 144910
Daimon people, do you consider your vote to be so distinctive from the other "GTFO SUWAKO" voters that you'd want to be counted as separate?


>>144907
...I'll just mark you down as for "What I want is for you and your followers over there to either come with me to see Byakuren, or to leave the premises."
>> No. 144912
Elation! My contribution was sufficiently diverse to be noted by the ruling class!
>> No. 144915
>>144910
Personally, I just wanted to add a little historical flavor to the response, so you don't have to consider them different in my opinion. Daimon is the term used historically to refer to pretty much every pagan deity/entity by the Christian Church of Antiquity and the Early Middle Ages. Ironically, this ancient Greek term had, before then, much the same variation of sense that the japanese term "kami" does; of meaning "spirit/soul", "god" and "demon" with only the context to differentiate the sense.
>> No. 144916
[x] That is not for you to decide for me.
-[x] But if it does come to such a point, I would say I'd like to live a life with good deeds.
[x]But as of right now, what I want is for you and your followers over there to either come with me to see Byakuren, or to leave the premises.

I quite like this answer. Also, updates are quite nice, thank you Karesh.
>> No. 144917
>>144900
We're not here to preach about our beliefs, we're here to guard against intruders. It just so happens we have a rather belligerent one right here.

What need is there to explain yourself to a petty thief?
>> No. 144918
[x] "I want you to leave."

Be calm and cool. This devil shall not sway you.
>> No. 144919
[x] That is not for you to decide for me.
-[x] But if it does come to such a point, I would say I'd like to live a life with good deeds.
[x]But as of right now, what I want is for you and your followers over there to either come with me to see Byakuren, or to leave the premises.

A better choice than what I originally picked, so I deleted my first choice.
>> No. 144921
>>144918
>>144910
Sorry to drag you all up again but this actually raised a concern: In my understanding a bold word carries a different...tone, shall we say? Than a none bolded one, so for many of the initial posts in this thread I'm unsure as to what tone those voting "I want you to leave" are hoping for. Or what actions you'd think Raziel might do in pursuit of that goal.

A quick count says 10 votes toward it now so I feel pretty confident it would win out at this point. So if you're in the mood for it, feel free to elaborate or clarify. If you do so, please link to your old post so I can keep track of who is making a new vote and who isn't.
>> No. 144922
>>144921
Not many people care to add in the tags themselves. If they're bandwagoning something, you can assume it's with the same tone as the original vote.
>> No. 144923
>>144921
Personally, I took the bold print to mean a tense tone of voice, basically indicating that the situation and Suwako herself were starting to strain his patience and politeness. In other words, "I'm trying to be polite, but you are trying my patience in a bad way."
>> No. 144924
>>144917
Telling them to leave won't get us answers on why Suwako sent two fairies in there.

>>144921
I'd check for votespam if I were you.
>> No. 144934
>>144921
I'm 144872

I understand the vote to mean, that Raziel isn't interested in debating the validity or not of his belief but to instead do his job, and guard the ship.
>> No. 144937
[x] "I want you to leave." (Without any name calling)
>> No. 144939
>>144921
I'm >>144881
I thought of it as him using a bit of a firmer tone.
>> No. 144941
[x]"I want you to tell me what you're doing here."

Don't lose it guys. She's drowning the fish. Don't let her get away.
>> No. 145066
[x] "I want you to leave, daimon."
>> No. 145757
oi. ooooiiiiiiiii. anyone there?
>> No. 145780
>>145757
You did this in /sdm/ too. Stop that.
>> No. 145784
>>145780
that wasn't me
>> No. 145787
>>145757

>oi. ooooiiiiiiiii.

No. Don't do shit like this.
>> No. 146083
>>144889
God has been trying to wreck Gensokyo for a while actually, yet to no avail due to gapbitch. That and from a higher viewpoint, gensokyo is technically stolen from God Such as the land, it's people, and souls. The fact that it is also home to many hellspawn and a bitch that can contridict God through her own power, is also evidence that Gensokyo is a heretic hotspot. Hell, the angel of death tried to deliver sweet justice unto the land but got her ass handed to the Yama, and is now a
>> No. 146085
>>146083
a what?
>> No. 146086
>>146083
goddamned wish granting fairy. God pretty much wants everyone in gensokyo dead.
our prescence here is actually letting God extend his reach here, which would be normally impossible due to how Gensokyo is sealed off.

That, and if Yukari caught the wind of things she may just manipulate the border between god and the people, and undo everything jesus pretty much worked for, So God is probably playing it safe for the time being.

I wonder how Raizel will rage when he discovers tenshi?
>> No. 146087
>>144892
I am now imagining Jesus, God, and the holy spirit with shades on, saying "think you could steal from us and get away with it?" whilst kicking the shit out of the Yama, as she cowers crouched down in the fetal position, hands over her head crying.

And loving it.
>> No. 146088
>>144892
I am now imagining Jesus, God, and the holy spirit with shades on, saying "think you could steal from us and get away with it?" whilst kicking the shit out of the Yama, as she cowers crouched down in the fetal position, hands over her head crying.

And loving it.
>> No. 146089
Gosh damn it, guys! Will have some patience already for the next update?
>> No. 146545
Well, if Raziel dies there's always Sariel, you know, the angel of death (and a stage 20 boss compared to Eiki who's only a stage 9 boss).
>> No. 147513
>>146545
Reimu kicked her ass, and killed her for killing her and blowing up her shrine on the whim of kongura's prayer.

And then she reincarnated into a wish granting fairy.

So essentially the gensokyo system fucked over a angel of god.

not the best of endings.