#039;s Quest 2 | THP - The Destination for Touhou fans

[Return]
Archived Thread

File 13062564629.png - (17.03KB , 338x439 , Undergroundmap.png ) [iqdb]
141435 No. 141435
She wasn't used to the boots. They pinched slightly at her feet, but promised to give, adapting and molding to them in the fullness of time. As for the rest of the outfit, she wasn't yet quite comfortable with all the black fabric and silvery buttons, and she wasn't entirely sure why the hat was necessary at all. Further, she had the nagging sense that a dress of some sort might have proven more suitable than these trousers... still, no matter.

For the moment, she settled herself back in the library, applying herself where she felt the best benefit was to be had, at length selecting two books. Satori had not yet made her way to the library today, but she managed to flag down a couple fairy maids down and have them haul the hefty tomes to a desk for her.

She began, after checking carefully to be sure Emerald was off and doing something else, with "A Young Ladies Compendium of Uceful Advices for Lyfe, Marriage, and Happyness". As she immersed herself in the tome, tidbits of advice popped out at her as she read.

"It is only right and proper that an dutiful wyfe rise an hour or more previous to the husband, that her chores might be begun and breakfast prepared for the husband's morning repast. The husband may yet desire to hold ye close for his slumbering comfort, and in such cases it is appropriate for a warmed pillow to be substituted for ones-self."

"It is not seemly that the wife reveal her state of mind during the showing of carnal affections, whether pleased or distressed. Should it prove necessary, once signs begin to indicate that the husband is Nearing Completion, a single quiet gasp or moan is in all cases more than sufficient to indicate satisfaction with the husband's Manly Efforts."

"Should all else fail, the wife's final recourse is to simply lie back, close one's eyes, and deeply contemplate the state of England."

"I should hope you aren't putting too much stock into that." Satori said dryly, and Tabuki jerked upright with a sudden start at the appearance.

"Stock? What stock? Into where? I'm not really reading this, it just sort of fell open to this page, and-"

"Save it. I can read your mind, after all, frenzied babble disguises nothing." Satori said aloud, lifting the offending book from the table and carefully closing it. "This is what is called a.... I seem to have misplaced the exact term. Satire? No, Parody, perhaps? In any case, it is a joke book. Outsiders mass-produce them, amongst other things, and amuse themselves by reading the skewed and distorted information contained within. There are those, even, who specifically take a cruel sort of delight in the idea that someone might take the jest perfectly seriously. In any case, while there is indeed a grain or two of technically useful information hidden here and there in between its inanities and mockeries, they are few and far between. Your time is not well served with this, and had I realized you might take it as a serious work, I would have warned you beforehand. My apologies."

Tabuki sulked slightly at the realization that she had utterly wasted the morning, and Satori glanced at her other selection, "Relativity, Gravitation and Cosmology".

"That, on the other hand, is a textbook much like the sort which might be used by any given student of the outside, and will likely prove to be of more value to you than this... garbage."

Tabuki nodded and started levering the heavy cover open as Satori re-shelved the other book.

"... If I can ask." She wondered aloud. "Why do you keep a book around, that you just admitted yourself you think is 'garbage'?"

Satori stilled for a moment before answering.

"My sister has... eclectic choices of reading material. This is exactly the sort of thing she favors." She eventually admitted. "In any case, let us move on to other topics. If you are starting to participate in a... 'war', so to speak, then currency will prove to be of immense value to you. I have picked up something of the rules of this engagement, and... hm, yes. Rather than outright gift you with anything, it would perhaps be better that you consider my palace to be a... 'resource-granting territory'. I will employ the fairies you station to this territory, paying one silver apiece for a full day's work. In accordance to the rules as I understand them, however, I will only employ a maximum of five. That would be a maximum revenue of five silvers a day."

Tabuki nodded an absent acceptance of these terms even as she pored through the open text before her. Much of it was... complicated, to be perfectly honest. Well over her head, assuming that she had a firm grounding in myriad subjects that she simply didn't have. It slowed her progress, and she didn't really feel that she completely grasped everything written, but by the time she had finished, well into the night, she felt that she could, at the very least, apply a fair chunk of what she had learned to her ability*.

Some time during her study, Emerald had wandered in with a hastily put together map, and a few reports from scouting out nearby territories. She glanced through both, but didn't pay much heed except to note that the map seemed to be scribbled out in crayon. These were things to be considered when the morning came, for now she simply wished to follow Emerald's lead and sleep.

---

Morning came early.

[i]*Tabuki's Gravity Control has improved. She may now reduce the effects of gravity to 50%, or increase it to 200%. Further, she may now manipulate the direction of gravity in more than just simply increasing or decreasing its effect: By focusing on a point, she may overwrite the local effects of gravity focused against that point, rather than 'down', drawing in and forcibly clustering nearby things. Loose detritus, small animals, surprised enemy combatants, and the like. This may be of significant use in setting up for a follow-up attack, but cannot be held indefinitely, and may fail against opponents that can fight free of, or otherwise nullify, its effects. Her ability is not yet sufficiently polished that she can use it to fly unaided.


War Chest(Inventory):
-Clothes
-Wand of Light

Scouting reports:

NW Ancient City- Contains neutral troops: Melee Mook x1, Danmaku Mook x2.
NE Ancient City- Contains neutral troops: Melee Mook x1, Danmaku Mook x1.
SW Ancient City- Contains neutral troops: Zombie Fairy x2, Danmaku Mook x1.
SE Ancient City- Contains neutral troops: Melee Mook x1, Danmaku Mook x1.
Fire Chambers Passages- Contains Neutral Troops: Zombie Fairy x3, Danmaku Mook x2


[ ] Today's War Plans: (Write-in only)


Other plans for the day. Limit one book or one other option.

[ ] Read another book?

[ ] Flora and Fauna: An annotated guide.
[ ] Dream of Conquest
[ ] An Elementary Introduction to Mathematical Finance
[ ] The Earth and the Summer
[ ] The Secret and the Scourge
[ ] The Mydge Mistress
[ ] Principles of Semiconductor Devices
[ ] High Energy Astrophysics
[ ] Dick and Jane, 37'th edition.
[ ] Return of the King
[ ] Basic Atomic Theorems and Principles
[ ] Ebony Demon of Sylyan
[ ] Relativity, Gravitation and Cosmology
[ ] Quantum mechanics with Basic Field Theory
[ ] Telmswell's compendium XII: Bound and Unbound
[ ] The Giant Spider: Care, Feeding, and Riding of
[ ] Faerie of the Sea City
[ ] Rune of Doom
[ ] Clinical Handbook of Mindfulness
[ ] Sorcery of Storm
[ ] Iron Apprentice of Celiniof
[ ] Chemistry: A core study
[ ] A Young Ladies Compendium of Uceful Advices for Lyfe, Marriage, and Happyness
[ ] Neurology: an introduction.
[ ] Master of Empire
[ ] Nano-medication
[ ] Science: For idiots.
[ ] Calculus: For idiots.
[ ] Demon and Darkness

[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Mima
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
-- [ ] Nuclear physics. [Int/Luck/Perception]
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.

>> No. 141438
Oh booy. Will bote later, I need to think this one.
>> No. 141440
>>141438

This. Probably tomorrow or something.
>> No. 141445
If you guys won't vote, then I will take the initiative.

[x] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [x] Orin.
-- [x] Her fire and necro magic. Maybe she can teach how to control fire/zombies/zombie fire/fire zombies/zombies on fire?

Or if Orin was never an option to study magic, even if something simple, then...

-[x] Okuu
-- [ ] Nuclear physics.

______

[ ] Today's War Plans:
-[x] Move towards the Fire Chambers Passages-

If we're supposed to input an strategy now, then..

[x] Take Emerald, 2 meele and 3 ranged fairies. The rest guard the Palace and work for Satori.
[x] Zombie Fairies are slow and meele oriented, so avoiding them might be easy. Trapping the Danmaku Fairies in a gravity well, or increasing gravity's effect on them should make it easier to reach them and/or reduce their evasion significantly, making it easier to take them out. Attack with all our ranged fairies and Emerald.
-Avoid the zombie fairies while their ranged units are still on the field. The meele units should keep an eye out for them to make sure they are away from ou ranged forces, though avoiding any combat with the zombies is recommended.
--After their ranged forces fall, defeat the zombie fairies mostly with danmaku attacks. Avoid getting close to them.
>> No. 141446
Also, I forgot to ask, but how does movement between territories work? Is it instant travel or do the army take time to advance/retreat?
>> No. 141450
[X] Station two melee and three danmaku fairies at the palace.
[X] Take Emerald, the remaining two melee and one danmaku fairies and attack SE Ancient City.
-[X] Focus on knocking out the melee mook first.

[X] You should chat with someone.
- [X] Satori.
-- [X] Mima

We require more Vespene gas money to fund this war. Start by maximizing production in our starting territory and moving towards other resource territories. I'm guessing Yuugi's bar is one, and it's got a good chokepoint to protect it.
>> No. 141452
can't we try to persuade the neutrals?
>> No. 141457
File 130627722717.png - (767.86KB , 1000x1327 , Silly drone.png ) [iqdb]
141457
>>141450
>Silver
>Vespene Gas
>> No. 141470
[x] Read another book?
-[x] Science: For idiots.

[x] Station two melee and three danmaku fairies at the palace.
-[x] Take Emerald, the remaining two melee and one danmaku fairies and attack SE Ancient City.
-[x] Focus on knocking out the melee mook first.
>> No. 141476
[] Talk with Okuu
-[]nuclear physics

I will be honest, I'm hoping it's possible to emulate her powers.

[] Today's war plans
-[] Move towards the Fire Chambers, with Emerald, 2 meele mooks and 3 danmaku mooks. Station the rest at the Palace.
>> No. 141481
>>141445

>Zombie Fairies, etc etc.

Oh, geeze, what, I forgot to throw down the zombie-fairy stats. Blagh.

Okay, neutral mooks are just like your conscript-rank mooks. Like, exactly like them, given that neither have any weapons or armor or anything. So that much is identical, for now.

IE: 10 hp, 1-2 damage per hit.

Zombie Fairies are tougher and hit harder, functionally I have them as 15 hp and 3-4 damage for every hit, as well as a decent chance of causing an infected wound every time an attack hits. This means roughly nothing to the fairy soldiers, who'll be right as rain the next day, ready for battle even if they outright died yesterday. (Fairies are resilient that way). Still something to keep in mind, of course.

>Trapping the Danmaku Fairies in a gravity well, or increasing gravity's effect on them should make it easier to reach them and/or reduce their evasion significantly,

Error. Enemy [Leader] unit not located on field of battle. In absence of such, [Leader] unit [Tabuki] cannot take the field or make any personal actions. Please adjust battle strategy input accordingly.

>Movement, etc.

Movement works all at once, you select the position and how many troops to go there, and they go. When you get far enough that your territories are adjacent to enemy holdings, you will be alerted if they are attempting to move troops into your territory, so you can plan your own troop movements accordingly.
>> No. 141482
>>141450

Aiming for a macro game, I see. Interessing idea, though I'm more worried about defending the Palace.

The Palace is at the center of everything. Should someone try to move from one path/corner from the map to the other, they need to conquer the Palace first. Not only that, but it's also our homebase and an important resource.

Unless the Tunnels connect to other Tunnels, IX and VIII should be safe to be left alone after being taken. The same can be said of IV, the Fire Chambers. That's two less fronts to defend, and may have resources too. The other directions become either too far or open new fronts to fight against.

Between the Tunnels and the Fire Chambers, I'd rather take the Chambers quickly. Yes, there are stronger enemies in the way, but that's even more important, as taking them out quickly should avoid the defense bonus for resting (which, as Kahi said, happens after a few days passes, unless everybody starts with such bonus). Also, there may be something in the Fire Chambers, some form of resource, or maybe even a General, if we can find/free Mima and study under her. She would be a great asset to the army, and would be like killing two brids with one stone.

[X] You should chat with someone.
- [X] Satori.
-- [X] Mima

[x] War Plan:
-Take all 4 Danmaku Mooks, Emerald and 2 Meele Mooks towards the Fire Chambers and take the passages.
-Station the rest at the palace for resources

Enemy attacks at the Palace shouldn't happen so early, as it should be presumed the enemies are far away right now, so keeping just 2 fairies to avoid neutral fairies from moving in, while keeping the production at 100%

tl;dr - Take out stronger opposition before they gain the defense bonus, rush for Fire Chambers in hopes of Mima/resources and reduce the number of fronts to fight against.
>> No. 141483
>>139185

>>141216
>>141217

Oh, don't mind me, just linking the first thread, the war rules, units stats, and locations of note.
>> No. 141505
[X] Station two melee and three danmaku fairies at the palace.
[X] Take Emerald, the remaining two melee and one danmaku fairies and attack SE Ancient City.

Talk to
[X] Okuu.
[X] Nuclear physics.
>> No. 141506
File 13064212583.png - (27.40KB , 866x456 , COINFLIP.png ) [iqdb]
141506
War

Assault FC path, Emerald, 2 melee mooks, 3 ranged-II

Station 2 melee, 3 danmaku mooks at Palace, attack SE city with 2M, 1D, Emerald, focus melee over dan-III

FC passage, 4D, Em, 2M. Station 2M at palace-I


Not War

Chat Orin, burny death magics-I
Chat Satori, Mima-II
Chat Okuu, boomies, etc.-II
Read Science-I

Didn't want to coin-flip or anything for war actions, but will totally do so for other things.

SO, talking to Satori about Mima. 'K. I'll just see about that battle now.
>> No. 141509
>>141506
Kahi, >>141482 here.

If this helps you to start writing, then you can change my vote (>FC passage, 4D, Em, 2M. Station 2M at palace) to:
>Assault FC path, Emerald, 2 melee mooks, 3 ranged-II

Not going to delete because I spent a good time tyuping my reasons for this.
>> No. 141511
>>141509

Oh wait, that doesn't change the tie. But, if you're counting the votes as 3-2-1, why is there a tie?
>> No. 141512
>>141509

No, no, no. Already called. Already rolled the battle. Already mostly through writing the post. Not going back to wait on another tiebreaker, sorry.

Your big reason seems to be the defense bonus, though. I'll say right now, I meant to before, but neutral troops don't get that. Troops under a leader do, but that's because they get stationed, and have orders from a leader to 'defend this place', more or less. Neutral fairies are just kind of 'there', and don't have the inclination or motivation to prepare any sort of defense.

But anyway, yeah, just hold tight, post incoming.
>> No. 141514
Tie was there because when i started writing that post, there was a tie between two war actions, and no tie between non-war actions. Then I refreshed, and it was the opposite, tie for who to talk to, no tie for war. I wasn't going to coin-flip for one, because strategy, etc, but the other I had no problem with.
>> No. 141515
File 130643015854.png - (17.04KB , 338x439 , Undergroundmap.png ) [iqdb]
141515
Tabuki noted that, at some point, she would probably have to get the names of her soldiers. For the moment, however, she kept them separate by mentally labeling them categorically, as 'punchy number one, punchy number two', and so on. She dismissed the idle thought as she looked over the map.

"Okay. Emerald, I want you to take.... her, her....and her." She said, glancing over the troops and picking out a few, who stood straight and with some slight, surprised pride when her finger lingered on them. "And capture the southeastern section of the Ancient City. I'm not expecting much resistance from these reports, so it shouldn't be a problem"

"Will do!" Emerald Cheerily replied.

"The rest of you get to work for Miss Satori today!" Tabuki declared, to general moaning and griping at the announcement. "HEY. None of that. Those are my orders, you understand? If you don't like it, or I get reports about you slacking off on the job, I'm sure I can find something even less fun for you to do."

This prompted an, if possible, even less enthusiastic response from the fairies, but they grudgingly headed out to fulfill their duty. The soldiers under Emerald seemed a little smug about the situation, even as she ushered them out and off to make their attack.

Tabuki sighed, sure that there would be no problems, but not yet really confident in her leadership skills. She could, probably, have made a more enthusiastic strategy, or tried to talk up the troops' morale somewhat, but... for just the first skirmish, it just hadn't seemed worth it to bother, yet. Besides, with no leadership of their own, it wasn't like the fairies they were attacking would really bother to fortify their position or make any sort of special plans for defense.

She nodded to herself and rolled up the map. That dealt with, there were other things she was interested in for today.

Hunting down Satori didn't prove particularly hard, as she'd proven a tendency to spend her time in the palace library, reading or simply enjoying the general still calmness of the place. It wasn't terribly long before she arrived.

"Miss Satori... I'd like to speak to you about, um..."

"Yes, I'm well aware." Satori interrupted with a sigh. "In all honesty, I had expected you to make this request previously. I'm slightly surprised that you delayed for so long... still, no matter. As said before, Mima is held in the highest available security."

Satori pursed her lips, considering for a moment, then calmly sat at a desk and began to carefully write a message on a scrap of paper.

"... It is within my power to arrange to allow you a brief, heavily supervised meeting with her. That is all. Any agreements between the two of you regarding magical instruction is a matter between yourself, Mima, and whatever guards are assigned to keep an eye on you. And in addition to this... this will be the last thing I will do for you for free. I cannot simply continue to give you things, you understand. Questions of favoritism will be raised... and I am something of an important personage to the area, popularity aside."

"I understand.." Tabuki agreed glumly.

"It's not so dire as you think. I will still continue to house and feed you for some time, until you have made arrangements for a place of your own. I will continue to pay you in return for the service of your, hm, troops. They are... inexperienced and less useful at the tasks I assign them to than my own, but that was only to be expected, and I stipulated pay rate with that in mind. This is... simply all that I will continue to do. You may still, if you wish, peruse my library, for example... for a fee. And I'll warn you that this message will only grant you a first, initial meeting with Mima. Should you require later meetings, I cannot again allow you entry for nothing. Some sum of currency, or a personal favor, will be required of you in exchange."

Tabuki just nodded, not seeing any reason or need to argue the point, for now.

"Excellent. We are at an accord, then." Satori said, setting her pen aside and waiting for the ink to dry. "Simply present this to the guards and they will allow you entry. Orin will lead you there, should you require it. Okuu might be a somewhat better guide, but she is most often busy with her work.... hm, it doesn't really bear any importance at the moment. Ah. It seems your spouse has returned."

"We WOOOON, Tabby~" Emerald cheered as she floated in, no thought in her head for conversations already taking place or for the respectful silence typically held sacrosanct in a library. Satori frowned mildly but didn't comment. Tabuki simply noted that Emerald was uninjured, but had kind of a mess smeared all over her hands. Red and glittery...

"You... you've, uh.... got a little, um. Fairy. On you, there." She mumbled awkwardly.

Emerald blinked and looked down, then flushed slightly.

"Uh... Oh. Ehehehe... Sorry, Tabby. I just got kind of excited, you know, and I didn't think to stop to wash up before..." She mumbled, attempting to conceal her hands behind her back.

"It's fine. Just don't... you know, touch anything. And report."

"Ah... well, y'know, they weren't really expecting us to hit them, so they didn't really seem to get into the swing of things fast enough to stop us from stomping all over them. Not literally." She snipped, as Tabuki's eyes automatically shot down to her feet, finding them still clean. "But you get what I mean anyway, right? Anyway, we smashed right through, troops are sitting there now, and we're scouting out places."

"... I see we need to work with you on making reports. Well, that's fine, for now, but I'll need you to give me details." Tabuki stated dryly.

---

Piecing together every little bit of how the battle had happened took the rest of the day, though it was mostly done informally, little bits at a time in the bath, over dinner, and while preparing for bed. The next morning, scouting reports had come in.

"Ehehehe..." Emerald mumbled as Tabuki looked over the reports. "I really hate to say it... but I don't see us winning either of these fights. I mean, it won't hurt us any if we try to go ahead and attack anyway, but... well, it might be better to just kind of leave those places alone, for now at least. I mean, I guess you have a couple options for Yuugi, since she's an Oni and all, but she's scary strong. We might have asked her to be a leader, except she's not interested in leaving the underground at all, and it couldn't really be considered at all fair. I don't even really know anything about the other one..."

Tabuki pursed her lips thoughtfully.

War Chest:
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
5 silvers

New Scouting reports:

Yuugi's Bar and Grill
["Leader"] Yuugi Hoshiguma. HP: ???, Damage Estimation: ???
-Deva. Oni units fighting beneath Yuugi recieve bonus (HP x2)
Oni Brawlers (Melee) x4. HP: 20. Damage estimation: 5-20.
Fairy Mooks (Melee) x8. HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2.

Princess's Troll Bridge
["Leader"] Parsee Mizuhashi. HP: ???, Damage Estimation: ???
Fairy Mooks (Danmaku) x12. HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2.


[ ] Today's war plans. (Write-in)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Magic, related to:
--- [ ] Fire
--- [ ] Death
-- [ ] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
-- [ ] Nuclear physics. [Int/Luck/Perception]
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [ ] Haggle. [Cha/Int]
--- [ ] Inspect for flaws. [Perception]
-- [ ] Announce your war plans. (write in details)
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
>> No. 141516
File 13064305892.jpg - (30.58KB , 527x501 , BATTLE_REPORT.jpg ) [iqdb]
141516
Melee Mook x2(A+B), Danmaku Mook x3(A,B,C), stationed at palace.

Assaulting SE Ancient City.

1.[G]Emerald
2.Melee Mook C
3.Melee Mook D
4.Danmaku Mook D

Vs.

1.Melee Mook
2.Danmaku Mook

---

Initiate battle. Neutral enemy. Advantage, first move, to T.

Orders: Focus attack on MM, then DM.

Emerald- x
MM C- x
MM D- x
DM D- 1d2=2, 2 damage to Melee Mook.(8hp)

MM- x
DM- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d4=4) DM D(9hp)

Emerald- 1d4+1=3, 3 damage to MM (5hp)
MMC- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to MM (3hp)
MMD- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to MM (1hp)
DMD- 1d2=1, 1 damage to MM (KO)

DM- 1d2=1, 1damage to (1d4=2) MMC (9hp)

Emerald- 1d4+1=4, 4 damage to DM (6hp)
MMC- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to DM (4hp)
MMD- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to DM (2hp)
DMD- 1d2=1, 1 damage to DM (1hp)

DM- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d4=3) MMD (8hp)

Emerald- 1d4+1=4 damage to DM (KO)

---

Injuries: Minimal.
Territory Captured.
Battle Rating: Curb-Stomp.
Conscripted: MME, DME

MMC, D, DM D: +1 Battle XP.
Scouting: Yuugi's Bar and Grill, Princess's Troll Bridge.


Also, feel free to name the soldiers if you want, you know. I mean, I could do it myself, but it seems like a drag, and you'll end up with fairies in goth-loli with names like 'Stonehammer McBloodaxe' or 'Burny McBeardington III'. Or 'Jill', maybe. Depend on my mood.
>> No. 141517
Things are getting interesting. By the way doesn't it tire you to make all those battle statistics? I can think of two CYOA that were cancelled due to that exact issue.
>> No. 141518
Nah. Out of laziness, I'm deliberately keeping everything as simple as I can manage. Like, I could, theoretically, implement a 'dodging' thing, where I would have to stat out every single individual soldier ever, and then roll, like, power versus agility or something every time one tried to punch the other, or whatnot. But I'm not going to do that, because that would be annoying, and I'm not being paid to do this, so...

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff like that.
>> No. 141520
>>141518

Protip: Don't do status effects, for the love of God. Or buffs, or debuffs.
>> No. 141522
>Oni Brawlers (Melee) x4. HP: 20. Damage estimation: 5-20.
>Fairy Mooks (Melee) x8. HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2

Holy shit, that many?
>> No. 141523
We have no chance against those, goddamn. What can we do?
>> No. 141524
[X] Station MME at SE Ancient City.
[X] Station DME at palace, relieving DMC.
[X] Emerald: take the available troops and attack NE Ancient City.

[X] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [X] Emerald.
-- [X] Quality of Art.
-- [X] Quality of Reports.

Obviously, Yuugi's Bar is far too difficult to take by force, and Parsee's bridge isn't much better. A diplomatic route would be better (bet you guys are regretting giving Tabby 1 CHA now). But that's for later. Right now, we should build our forces so we can take on those zombie fairies and resolve these command issues that are cropping up.
>> No. 141526
- [x] Orin.
-- [x] Magic, related to:
--- [x] Death
--- [x] Fire

[x] War Plans.
-[x] Station DM at SE Ancient City
-[x] Station MMC at the Palace and replace her with another MM
-[x] Emerald and 2 MM attack NW Ancient City
-[x] 2 MM and 2 DM attack NE Ancient City

That should leave 1 MM and 2 DM stationed at the Palace. Good production while expanding quickly and recruiting more units.

We should be able to get both territories with this setup, unless only one attack is allowed per turn. If that's the case, than Kahi, ignore these attack orders and replace them with

[x] War plans 2
-[x] Station DM at SE Ancient City
-[x] Station MMC at the Palace and replace her with another MM
-[x] Emerald, 2MM and 2DM attack NW Ancient City

Which shouls still have 5 fairies at the palace, giving it maximum production.

>Unless the Tunnels connect to other Tunnels, IX and VIII should be safe to be left alone after being taken.

I've been wondering about this too.
>> No. 141528
[x]>>141526
Risky, but very interesting. Now you're thinking like a Starcraft player.

What I don't get is: What resources/troops do we get for capturing control points.
>> No. 141529
[x] War Plans.
-[x] Station DM at SE Ancient City
-[x] Station MMC at the Palace and replace her with another MM

[x] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
-- [x] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
>> No. 141531
- [x] Orin.
-- [x] Magic, related to:
--- [x] Death
--- [x] Fire

[x] War Plans.
-[x] Station DM at SE Ancient City
-[x] Station MMC at the Palace and replace her with another MM
-[x] Emerald and 2 MM attack NW Ancient City
-[x] 2 MM and 2 DM attack NE Ancient City
>> No. 141533
[x] >>141526

I guess that works too. Since we now have a free visit to Mima, we can use that to make a deal with her, after we clear the path towards her.

Now that I have seen how the battles works, I stand correct about my previous idea. Taking out the zombies fairies is gonna need a lot of units.
>> No. 141536
War-

[X] Station MME at SE Ancient City.
[X] Station DME at palace, relieving DMC.
[X] Emerald: take the available troops and attack NE Ancient City.

I

[x] War Plans.
-[x] Station DM at SE Ancient City
-[x] Station MMC at the Palace and replace her with another MM
-[x] Emerald and 2 MM attack NW Ancient City
-[x] 2 MM and 2 DM attack NE Ancient City

II I

[x] War Plans.
-[x] Station DM at SE Ancient City
-[x] Station MMC at the Palace and replace her with another MM
Apparently, no actual attacks.

I




NOt War-

[X] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [X] Emerald.
-- [X] Quality of Art.
-- [X] Quality of Reports.

I

- [x] Orin.
-- [x] Magic, related to:
--- [x] Death
--- [x] Fire

II I

[x] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
-- [x] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."

I

---

I'm just going to assume that 141533 is going 'yeah, I back this vote'. So, called, I'mma go buy lunch. Roll and write after that, unless something else comes up in the meantime.

Also, was expecting you to pick 'A' or 'B' regarding Orin, not 'All'. But I guess it's justifiable. So cool. Might turn out a little different, but that's still fine.
>> No. 141537
And, wait, apparently everyone cannot add. (Me neither)

You have a total of 10 mooks, five of each type, M and D.

You want to station five at the palace. You also have to station one in SE city, or you'll lose it and two of your troops. This leaves you with one D mook, and three M mooks available for attacking, a total of four.

Current plans are to go out and attack two seperate places with six of those four troops.


Wait, no.

>That should leave 1 MM and 2 DM stationed at the Palace.

So, there should be only three fairies in the palace. Despite that being not at all what the vote says '-[x] Station MMC at the Palace and replace her with another MM'. Uh. Please, please specify /exactly/ what you're doing, and who you're moving about in the future, when you make a strategy vote.

What you meant to say was, I guess, 'station MMC in the palace, un-station MMA, MMB, and any one DM'. Would have saved me a lot of time just now if you could have said so, though. But anyway, now that the numbers work again, I'll get back to stuff.
>> No. 141541
>>141537
>'station MMC in the palace, un-station MMA, MMB, and any one DM'.

Yeah, that. Sorry if I made things complicated, I didn't care to specify which fairies to unstation because I didn't really care which ones to take. I only decided to station MMC at the Palace because of her health.

But wait, fairies recover all their HP every turn, right? Then what I thought about MMC wazs pointless, bah.
>So, there should be only three fairies in the palace.

Just count the fairies again, yeh, you're right.
>> No. 141542
File 130653322519.png - (824.93KB , 718x1000 , 3be0eefe46201c176475cc2ea5ad675fadafe53d.png ) [iqdb]
141542
"All right, we'll just leave those two danger-zones sit for now." Tabuki reluctantly agreed, poring over her reports for more viable, survivable targets.

"Some of you will be pleased to learn that I'm shuffling duties around a little." She decided at length. "You, you'll be reporting to Miss Satori for work. Don't you make puppy-eyes at me, missy, you punch things just fine, but that's where I want you. You, you, and... you. You don't need to go to Miss Satori's today."

One fairy looked mildly distressed by the news, but the other three mentioned had perked right up.

"Alright, now. Emerald, I'll need you to take.... those two, and go take this territory for me. You're getting fewer troops, but it should be fine, I think. You two... and you two. I want you to attack here instead, today. I'm expecting news that you've both captured these areas for me by this evening."

"Ahahaha, no worries there, Tabby. You could have sent these girls with the others, though, I think I could probably take them on my own."

"I don't like to work with 'probably's." Tabuki countered. "With the backup I've assigned, I'm certain you can take the area, just like I'm certain they can take theirs. Now, the ones I didn't specifically mention? You're still working for Miss Satori today. Be sure to work hard."

Fairies headed out, to whichever degree of personal satisfaction they had with their jobs, and Tabuki stretched, sighing slightly. She had wanted to do something today... oh, yes. She'd meant to speak to Orin.

The cat-woman had, it seemed already long been and gone, taking her breakfast early and heading off to... well, the information from the fairy maids wasn't exactly conclusive. Some said 'work', some said 'play', others 'nap', but it was more or less agreed that orin would most likely be found in the Fire Chambers. And here she was with no escort. No matter, she was a big girl, she could take care of herself for a short walk.

There was the occasional zombie fairy, as she left the outer limits of the safe city behind, but just as Satori had claimed, they were easily enough avoided. They wouldn't be any trouble at all, if it weren't for the fact that battles to claim territory were large enough and stationary enough that they would be drawn into things, if nearby. There were fairies as well, of course, but after initial vague interest, she was ignored by them. They either hadn't heard about the war beginning, didn't connect her to it yet, or didn't really think that she was ever going to attack here.

There was, also, the occasional brief skittering of an underground spider, leaving her to shudder momentarily whenever she heard it. None made any actual appearances, however, a fact for which she was somewhat grateful.

And then, as the path continued, it began to get lighter, and hotter. Distressingly hot, to the point where Tabuki began to feel a little faint, but a moment's rest to catch her breath was sufficient to allow her to continue on, even as the tunnel opened up into a huge chamber, the path continuing on as before, but as a raised stone mass rising from the bright, bubbling molten rock far beneath.

By this point, she had begun to note the occasional spectral wisp here and there. Evil spirits, she presumed, left behind from the moving of hell... or something. In any case, they were actually placid, not seeming to notice her at all, and probably wouldn't unless something loud or flashy was going on to attract their attention.

"Too hot here..." She mumbled to herself, wiping sweat from her brow and looking around until she saw what she was looking for. Orin, pushing wheelbarrow before her, coming to the edge of a cliff nearby and stopping before making a quick heave, unloading the whatever-it-was she was hauling into the tender mercies of the magma far below. It wasn't long before she'd made her way there.

"Hey hey, little girl. Something up, that'cha wanting to talk to me 'stead of playing toy soldiers?" Orin chirped, leaning against a wheelbarrow handle. "Don't tell me... you want something, don'cha?"

"... Yes, actually." admitted to the cheery redhead, glad that her mood seemed to be stable in spite of her coming to beg favors. "I... Well, you mentioned before that you knew some magic..."

"Sure do, but only really about fire and dead stuff. What, so you're seriously interested?"

Orin squinted almost suspiciously at her.

"... Eh, I guess i have a couple things I can pass along. And I get the fire well enough, all kinds like the thought of just burning shit down sometimes. The other, though, hm...." She sucked deliberately at her teeth. "... Well, it's not exactly a popular field of study, is it. I mean, traditionally, people that look into it tend to get... discouraged from further study. Usually violently, and for good, if you get what I mean."

Orin looked thoughtful for a moment, seeming to size Tabuki up, covered with sweat and bedraggled as she was. Even so, she refused to quail beneath the judgemental stare.

"... Heh. But y'know, kid, i kinda like you a little. So yeah, i got a couple spells. One's your basic flame-strike sort of thing. Not exactly powerful, you understand me, but it's got a bit more 'oomph' to it than you might find in your run-of-the-mill danmaku ball of simple energy. I guess if you're interested in that sort of thing, I can teach it to one or two of your little toy soldiers, too, though not for free and I really don't advise you expect them to get anything like the performance you can with it."

Tabuki instantly saw the usefulness of that, to augment her army, despite that she'd had no expectation of such when coming here.

"Of course, y'can try to bang it into their little pinheads yourself once you've learned it..." Orin cheerfully continued. "...But somehow, I'm not really seeing you as the 'teaching' type'a gal. Don't seem t'have... the sort of personality that can make'm shut up and listen t'what you're saying, 'stead'a daydreaming about beer or their next fling. Wouldn't expect you to get results. But anyhow, on to the other thing...."

She pursed her lips and thought.

"... Well, 's kinda a difficult bit to explain. it sort of makes you... 'smell'? 'Good'? Eh, not 'tasty' good, or anything, anything made'a meat already smells like that t'zombies. But "Don't mess with this" Smell, "Boss" sort of smell.... a kind of "do what I say or else" sort of smell, just it's not a smell at all, but you get what I'm saying, yeah?"

"..... Sort of." Tabuki said, not completely sure that she really did, but mostly getting it.

"Right, right. So, anyway, that doesn't really have any noticeable effects on you... well, unless what's noticing them is dead, anyhow... but you keep it up and going and as you fight you might end up seeing your ranks swell up with some.... unusual toy soldiers for that little war game of yours."

Tabuki nodded slowly, mind's gears already turning with this information.

"So, anyway... I'll teach you one'a those. Free, even." Orin finished. "But only if y'only want the one. If you want both.... well, you'll have to do me a favor. You don't get to know what it is ahead of time, though, and you don't get to change your mind about doing it, or I'll take your soul instead~" She cheerily declared.

Tabuki shuddered lightly, part from the withering heat, part from the sheer casualness of the statement, but then made her decision.

[ ] The fiery attack spell.
[ ] The ill-defined death magic.
[ ] Both, never mind the cost.
[ ] Forget the magic, she needed to take a nap. Right now.
>> No. 141543
[ ] Both, never mind the cost.

Taking the greedy option. It might bite me in the ass later, but completing her quest could give us a nice boost in Influence.

I just hope it doesn't lead to us losing Emerald/Satori Influence, or kill our chances with Mima. A threesome would be nice, please say it's a threesome.
>> No. 141544
[x] Both, never mind the cost.
Tell me its not a fetch quest.
>> No. 141549
[x] The fiery attack spell.

You know her price might be more insidious than a mere fetch quest.
>> No. 141551
'K, called, writing, 'both' it is. I seem to have no patience at all, when net's actually available.
>> No. 141552
File 130660607814.png - (18.59KB , 338x439 , Undergroundmap.png ) [iqdb]
141552
"I'll take both, and pay whatever price you deem sufficient." Tabuki said simply.

Orin, for her part, looked slightly stunned.

"Uh..... heh, yeah, okay. Wasn't really expecting you to jump all over it just like that, y'know." She admitted. "I mean, really, that's kind of dumb of you. I just said that I'll be getting your soul if you change your mind, right? There's nothing at all stopping me from making the favor something that'cha just plain can't do, like...."

She paused, and eyed Tabuki appraisingly.

"Well, like just for example, I could say something like "Go challenge the Oni King to a contest of physical strength and endurance", and then you'd be proper fucked. I mean, I don't even know if there is a Oni King, for one, and for another I don't think you could match up against even your run-of-the mill oni, given those conditions." She pointed out seriously.

Then she smirked, and poked Tabuki's head with a fingertip.

"You are so lucky I don't dislike you, kiddo. I'd'a sent you off in a heartbeat to go fetch 'the sigh of a stone' or 'a star's falling tears', or something else I was pretty sure you'd never be able t' pull off, and then just wait to collect my due. An' that's lesson number one, right there, which you'd do well t'keep in mind. Never make a bargain that you don't know for a fact that you can keep your end up. Th' best advice you can have, for dealing with magic makers, good to keep close to heart even when you're just workin' with more normal sorts of youkai or people."

Orin stopped and waited patiently, refusing to continue on until Tabuki had given a single, somber nod.

"But there y'go. I don't hate'cha, so I'm not going t'be going out of my way to give ya something impossible, just for giggles. Not that kinda gal. But anyway, yeah.... Just gimme a sec here, I'm sure there's something..."

"You didn't have anything planned in advance, in case I agreed?" Tabuki asked, as Orin stroked slowly at her chin.

"Yeah, of course I didn't. You seemed like a smart kiddo, after all. Though, I guess you're still less than a week old, anyway. Yeah, my bad, I guess. Oh, hey, I got it!"

Orin smiled widely as an idea occured to her.

"There's this weird miko-lady who's been hanging around in the ancient city for whatever reason." She began. "You may have seen her already yourself, or maybe not, I dunno, but either way, her robes aren't familiar to me. I mean, I've seen what the Hakurei and Moriya wear, and there's some lesser known gods like those autumn sisters, or that one curse goddess, but none of their uniforms match up. So, I dunno what's up with that. Maybe she works for some other god I ain't heard of."

Orin frowned thoughtfully at that, apparently under the impression that if she hadn't already heard of a shrine or god, it probably wasn't worth hearing about.

"But the point is, she keeps bugging lady Satori once or twice a month to be allowed an audience with Okuu, and keeps getting turned down. I don't know what she wants to talk about, though, Satori doesn't really talk about that sort of thing with us. Keep meaning to hunt her down for a quiet chat on my own, but it keeps slipping my mind, y'know? So anyway, that's the favor. I want you to hunt this person down for me, figure out what she wants. I don't expect you to jump right on this right now, o' course, we've both got stuff to do, but definitely soon, 'kay?"

"Yes, I understand." Tabuki agreed.

"Neato~ Now, uh, we should probably get you back to the castle before I start hammering magic into your skull. You're kinda dripping."

Tabuki, now drenched with sweat from enduring the sweltering heat of the fire chambers, and vaguely envious of Orin's own pristine condition, nodded thankfully and slumped into the cat-woman's waiting hand. The trip back was horribly short and disorienting, given the sheer speed it was made at, but once back in cooler environs she started to feel better almost immediately, and it was only a matter of minutes before she was ready to continue.

---

Orin was a surprisingly grueling taskmaster, not letting her rest until after she had drilled and repeated the spells to her personal satisfaction, and then only offering a simple nod of acceptance when they were properly learned.*

By that time, Tabuki was an exhausted mess, and barely heard enough of Emerald's reports to register anything outside of 'victory on both fronts' as unimportant before lurching to the baths, and from there to collapse into bed, leaving her clothes to be collected and laundered for her in the night.

In the morning, she rose slowly, still with some minor measure of fatigue, and took stock of the options available for continuing the war front.

*Tabuki has learned the spells [Flame Strike] and [Bleak Aura]

Flame Strike: Deal 1d10+(MAG) Fire damage to a single target.
Orin has offered to train up to two fairies with this spell, changing their class and reducing any battle xp gained in their previous class to zero. There is a cost, of course.

Bleak Aura: [Passive] If a battle contained an [undead] unit, then following capture of the territory there is a 10% chance of a single unit of the same type to join your army. These units may not change classes, and odds will be rolled individually for each type. However, they are not linked to Territories the way standard fairies are, but to Tabuki herself, and as such if the territory is lost, any [undead] units gained from its capture will not be lost with it. However, chance will only be rolled a maximum of once per territory. There may be further issues with using undead.

War Chest:
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
8 silvers

New Scouting Reports:

Passage to Tunnels III
Zombie Fairies x1 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2

Passage to Tunnels IV
Zombie fairies x1 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x2 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2

Far North-East City
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Cave Squid x1 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3


[ ] Today's War Plans

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [ ] Change Fairy Class to 'Fire Flinger'(hp=10, Damage=3-5, ranged)
---[ ] Just one. (write in which, 5 silver cost)
---[ ] These two. (write in which, 10 silver cost)
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
-- [ ] 'That weird Miko'.
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
-- [ ] Nuclear physics. [Int/Luck/Perception]
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [ ] Haggle. [Cha/Int]
--- [ ] Inspect for flaws. [Perception]
-- [ ] Announce your war plans. (write in details)
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
[ ] Look for a strange Miko in the city.

Also, I've been slipping on showing the influence thing, going back through, hm. Yeah, Satori's up to 68, Orin's at 62, you gained a little just now from being bold there and going with both. Emerald's holding steady at 92, wouldn't expect her to climb too much higher than that, actually. Otherwise, Okuu's up to 54, and Tuck's still off on the surface so there's nothing you've done big enough to shift his opinion of you even a little. You haven't even technically met Yuugi or Parsee yet, so... yeah, there we are.
>> No. 141553
DME stationed in SE City. MMC stationed in palace. MMA, MMB, DMA unstationed.

Battle 1, assaulting NW Ancient City.

1. [G]Emerald
2. MMA
3. MMB

Vs.

1. MM
2. DM
3. DM2

---

Initiate battle. Neutral enemy. Advantage, first move, to T.

Orders: None specified.

Emerald- x
MMA- x
MMB- x

MM-x
DM1- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d3=3) MMB (8hp)
DM2- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d3=3) MMB (7hp)

Emerald- 1d4+1=4, 4 damage to (1d3=2) DM1 (6hp)
MMA- 1d2+1= 3, 3 damage to (1d3=2) DM1 (3hp)
MMB- 1d2+1=3, 3 damage to (1d3=3) DM2 (7hp)

MM- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d3=1) Emerald (24hp)
DM1- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d3=2) MMA (8hp)
DM2- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d3=2) MMA (6hp)

Emerald- 1d4+1= 5, 5 damage to (1d3=3) DM2 (2hp)
MMA- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to (1d3=1) MM (8hp)
MMB- 1d2+1=3, 3 damage to (1d3=2) DM1(KO)

MM- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d3=3) MMB (5hp)
DM2- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d3=1) Emerald (23hp)

Emerald- 1d4+1=2, 2 damage to (1d2=1) MM(6hp)
MMA- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to (1d2=2) DM2 (5hp)
MMB- 1d2+1=3, 3 damage to (1d2=2) DM2 (2hp)

MM-1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d3=1) Emerald (22hp)
DM2- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d3=1) Emerald (21hp)

Emerald- 1d4+1=4, 4 damage to (1d2=1) MM (2hp)
MMA- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to (1d2=2) DM2 (KO)
MMB- 1d2+1=3, 3 damage to MM (KO)

Victory.
Territory Captured. [NW City]
Conscripted: MMF, DMF
Scouting: Passage to Tunnels III, Passage to Tunnels IV.
Emerald, MMA, MMB: +1 battle xp (Emerald should have gotten one last time, but I missed it. She has two.)

---

Battle 2. Assaulting NE ancient city.

1. MMD
2. MME
3. DMA
4. DMD

vs

1. MM
2. DM

---

Initiate battle. Neutral enemy. Advantage, first move, to T.

Orders: None specified

MMD- x
MME- x
DMA- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d2=1) MM (9hp)
DMD- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d2=2) DM (9hp)

MM- x
DM- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d4=4) DMD (8hp)

MMD- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=2) DM (7hp)
MME- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=1) MM (7hp)
DMA- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d2=1) MM (6hp)
DMD- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=1) MM (4hp)

MM- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d4=2) MME (8hp)
DM- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d4=3) DMA ( 9 hp)

MMD- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=2) DM (5hp)
MME- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=2) DM (3hp)
DMA- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d2=2) DM (2hp)
DMD- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=1) MM (2hp)

MM- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d4=3) DMA (7hp)
DM- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d4=2) MME (6hp)

MMD- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d2=2) DM (1hp)
MME- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=2) DM (KO)
DMA- 1d2=2, 2 damage to MM (KO)

Victory.
Territory Captured [NE city]
Conscripted: MMG, DMG.
Scouting: Far North-Eastern Ancient City.

MMD,E, DMA,D: +1 Battle xp.

>> No. 141556
[ ] Okuu.
-- [x] Nucler physics.

[x] War Plans
-[x] Station 1 MM at NW, NE and SE Ancient City.
-[x] Station 2 DM at the Palace
--[x] Emerald, 2 MM and 2 DM attack Passage to Tunnels III
--[x] Everyone else (2 MM and 3DM, I think) takes Far North-East City

Ok, I am unsure on what to do now. Expanding is still possible, we can probably take two more territories, but three might be too much.

We have 7 MM and 7 DM now. 3 MM to defend territories from neutral parties, 2 DM to make the 2 silver pieces in order to upgrade them to Fire Flingers (we're gonna need them agains the Zombie Fairies).

Two more territories, if everything goes right, and next turn we can have 9 MM, 7 DM and 2 FF.

From there, we can make way towards the fire Chambers and have our meeting with Mima when capturing the fire Chambers Passages.

I'd rather talk to Yuugi/Parsee in the turn before moving towards their territories.

This is what I'm planning at the moment:
-Turn 0 (now): Expand and make money to improve army. Talk to Okuu to learn incresae influence/learn about her powers (It may also improve Tabby's abilities)
-Turn 1: Have Orin change 2 DM to FF and either make way towards the Fire Chambers or expand elsewhere, collect 5 silvers and reinforce the fronlines.
-Turn 2: Visit Mima and take the Fire Chambers (if possible) or the Passages. Or talk to Satori about that Miko.
-Turn 3: From this point on, nothing can be really planned, as nothing is set in stone and I can't see the future.
>> No. 141557
- [x] Satori.
-- [x] 'That weird Miko'.

[x] Look for a strange Miko in the city.

- [x] Orin.
-- [x] Change Fairy Class to 'Fire Flinger'(hp=10, Damage=3-5, ranged)
---[x] Just one. (write in which, 5 silver cost)

BATTLE PLANS:
[x]Station DMG and MMF at respective areas.
[x]Station any five fairies with 3MM and 2 DM. Make sure to switch them out occasionally to keep morale high.
[x]Send Emerald with the rest and that new fire flinger to attack Passage to Tunnels IV.

Eh, a bit unsure about the battle plans as I don't know how many fairies we have.
>> No. 141558
>>141557
Changing my battle plans to

>>141556
>> No. 141559
>>141556
>--[x] Everyone else (2 MM and 3DM, I think) takes Far North-East City. Priorize killing the Cave Squid first, then the Meele Mook and then the Danmaku Mook.

Might be overkill, but I'd rather be safe with two territories than risk getting only one instead of three.

By the way Kahi, it doesn't matter which MM or DM goes to X. Since they all are equal (in their respective classes), and are always a full heath at the start of a turn, it makes no difference which stays and which goes.
>> No. 141560
>By the way Kahi, it doesn't matter which MM or DM goes to X. Since they all are equal (in their respective classes), and are always a full heath at the start of a turn, it makes no difference which stays and which goes.

This is, currently, quite correct in most respects. However, there are reasons you might want to keep which fairy is doing what in mind.
>> No. 141561
Voting for [x]>>141556 to get the boll rolling.
>> No. 141580
Called, 'n stuff. Running battles and writing now.
>> No. 141592
File 130671222052.png - (527.31KB , 1298x1000 , a6b6efc307f1a9d1895fb7ca9f1c77cdda67bc6e.png ) [iqdb]
141592
[Vs int-4, vs perc-5, vs luck-6, 1/3.]

"Alright, Emerald, I've got today's battle plan ready." Tabuki said after a moment of staring at the maps and notes of what resistance could be expected. "Just... what is a 'Cave Squid'?"

"Hm? Oh, those! They're delicious and tasty!" The fairy helpfully provided.

Tabuki stared blankly at her for a moment before she continued.

"Uh... they're not really squid, though. We just call them that because of the tentacles, and their real name is super-hard to pronounce. Anyway, they sort of..." Emerald thought for a moment before continuing the description. "They walk on all fours, and look kind of like pigs, only usually smaller because they eat whatever is small enough for them to swallow whole, so most make a point out of not letting them get too big. The largest you should find is.... maybe bear sized? Yeah, any sign of one getting any bigger than that, then bigger people start getting worried and send out teams to kill it fast, because it's already big enough to swallow one of their kids. Anyway, they don't have heads or eyes, just a gaping, slobbery hole surrounded by four tentacles, and three tongues, which they use to... sort of feel around where they're going, I guess, as well as grab hold of things in order to try to stuff them down their throat. They don't have teeth though, so as long as you're too big to swallow, or strong enough to keep it from getting to you and beating you against walls and stuff until you can't fight back any more, you're fine, even though it'll take them a few hours to give up on trying."

Emerald paused, and smirked.

"Supposedly, there's more than a few that like having them try, and keep smaller ones as pets, to-"

"Yes, I think that's enough." Tabuki interrupted awkwardly. "I have a decent picture now. In any case... you and these four, I want to capture this point. You five, go here... focus on the squid first, then melee over ranged."

"Will do!" Emerald declared. "Oh, and you all, don't just eat it when you're done fighting, okay? Drag it back here, and we should be able to sell the meat to someone."

"Yes, that." Tabuki agreed. "The others, you're working for miss Satori today. Work hard."

The fairies nodded and waved, seeming to have accepted that they'd have to do boring things sometimes, and after a moment Tabuki was left in silence.

What to do today... hm. Ah, she could...

A quick search of the palace revealed that Okuu was long gone to her day's work, at the "Nuclear Fusion Facilities". Asking for directions brought a quiet groan... they were past the fire chambers. That was just lovely.

Well, it wasn't like it would kill her to just pass through, the paths were far enough above the lakes of fire for that. Still, ugh.

She went out again, alone, and didn't run into any real trouble from any of the bystanders. The only issue was the overwhelming heat of the chambers... but she pressed on, hoping to just pass through as fast as possible. She did, however, spare a moment to wave at Orin... but she seemed to be asleep. Oh well.

It wasn't too long after that that she made her way to the side path, sealed off with huge metal doors. for a moment, she worried about how she was going to get inside, but either someone was watching the entry or the doors were set to open on their own somehow, because as she approached they slid quietly open before her....

Cold! Sudden blasts of chilled, temperature controlled air, as she stepped through those doors. It was wonderful. it was also a little weird, looking around, funny lights built into metal walls, some plates occasionally missing entirely, showing systems of thin, sparking wires and strange tubes. And a bunch of big people, mostly dressed in shades of blue or green, with similarly colored hair. One picked her up without a thought.

"Hey? You aren't supposed to be in here, little... hm. Little not-fairy." She said seriously. "What are you after in here?"

"Ah... Okuu! I came because I wanted to speak to Okuu."

"... What, you mean Utsuho? I guess... I mean, it's not like there's any rules against that..." The girl mumbled. "But, uh, she's kind of in the central lock-down chambers right now, for an experiment. I can't really interrupt that, or let you in there... you'd probably get radiation sickness. I guess you can wait out here, though, and I'll keep an eye on you until the testing is done, to make sure you don't get into trouble, or hurt. Oh, right.... I forgot introductions. My name's Nitori Kawashiro, Kappa Engineer. And you?"

"Tabuki, thank you." she answered calmly.

"Sure, sure. Nice to meet you. Sorry about being so curt earlier, but we have been having a little... Fairy problem. They're in the walls, you see... they get in when we take a plate off to perform maintenance, and they wreak absolute havoc until they get completely entangled in shocking wires and either get stuck there until we let them out, or get electrocuted to death when full power gets sent through them again." Nitori explained seriously. "I guess they consider it a game, but it really hampers our work, and the screams are just terrible, if we don't realize something's in there... ah, sorry, I'm sure you don't want to hear about this."

[ ] Yeah, she's right, you kind of don't.
-[ ] Wait in silence.
-[ ] Try to change the subject. (write-in to what)
[ ] No, actually it's fine. You don't mind letting the Kappa vent. Actually, you think there might be something you can do to help, at some point.

When you speak to Okuu
[ ] Ask Nitori to stay.
[ ] Let her head off to do her job.
>> No. 141593
[x] No, actually it's fine. You don't mind letting the Kappa vent. Actually, you think there might be something you can do to help, at some point.

When you speak to Okuu
[x] Ask Nitori to stay, if she wants to.
>> No. 141597
[ ] No, actually it's fine. You don't mind letting the Kappa vent. Actually, you think there might be something you can do to help, at some point.

When you speak to Okuu
[ ] Ask Nitori to stay.

If we conquer the Fire Chambers, I think her fairy problems might end.

We're probably going to need Nitori when talking to Okuu. We're relying on that Int stat there, might as well make the most of it.

>[Vs int-4, vs perc-5, vs luck-6, 1/3.]

So, we only get a third of the best scenario, or we only need that third to achieve any success?

By the way, fuck you min/maxers.
>> No. 141598
>So, we only get a third of the best scenario, or we only need that third to achieve any success?

The Int means you more or less keep up with however the conversation goes, intelligence wise, and don't get completely lost there. But there's going to be things that you're not perceptive, or just plain lucky, enough to notice.
>> No. 141602
[x] No, actually it's fine. You don't mind letting the Kappa vent. Actually, you think there might be something you can do to help, at some point.
-[x] Let her.

We're going to go clear the fire chambers ourselves. Alone. Like a boss.
>> No. 141604
[x] No, actually it's fine. You don't mind letting the Kappa vent. Actually, you think there might be something you can do to help, at some point.

When you speak to Okuu
[x] Ask Nitori to stay.

>>141597
Indeed Those Min/maxers are fucking mental midgets. That shit might work for their DnD games, but not for a CYOA.
>> No. 141613
Eh, min-maxing to be excellent in a couple things and crap-terrible in everything else was just as valid as being fairly average all around.

Anyway, called, I have a couple things needs to be done, but writin' after that.
>> No. 141615
>>141613

Yes, except CYOAs aren't MMOs. Having an average chance at doing everything is vastly superior to being good at only one or two things. In this case, four 7s are better than three 9s.
>> No. 141626
>>141615
This one person can make a min-max build work, a mass of /th/ anon on the other hand? Not so much.
>> No. 141675
File 130688908060.jpg - (168.53KB , 889x1300 , glasskuu.jpg ) [iqdb]
141675
"Ah, no, it's fine." Tabuki insisted. "I know full well that fairies can be... difficult, I suppose."

".... Well, if you say so." Nitori allowed. "Anyway, most of the time it's just little things. Banging on the inside of the plates, make someone think something's broken inside... Giggling as they zip through, echoing loudly through the halls... Whispering nonsense just loud enough for the ear to pick up, like they're trying to make us think the place is haunted.... geeze, it's such a pain. The Moriya miko comes through every so often, so they should realize that won't work, this is one of their projects and if there was a haunting they would exorcise it immediately. It's still nerve-wracking, a couple of the mechanics have had outright breakdowns and had to be removed from the project for a little while, and their replacements aren't nearly so competent as they are..."

Nitori continued in this vein for several minutes, grumbling in a long-winded rant about the troubles that the fairies had caused simply by entering the walls at all, much less meddling with complex machinery and wiring inside, did the little wretches even have the slightest idea the precision some things needed to work, or how many hours afterwards it took to fix things, or-....

She eventually trailed off into simple deep breaths, knuckles going white around a large wrench.

"I.... think I can help." Tabuki said after a long moment.

"Help with the fairies...? If this involves you going into the walls after them the answer is 'no', I'll tell you that right now." Nitori declared immediately.

"No, nothing like that. Just... there's a, uh... 'war', I guess you could call it, though it's more like a game as far as I can tell, starting up among the fairies right now. I'm sort of one of the leaders, for the underground fairies. If I conquered the territories of this facility, then I could order the fairies stationed here to not do any of that, I think."

"Yeah, going to go with 'I have no idea what you're talking about, here' on this one." Nitori decided after a moment of contemplation.

Explaining the war game was a work of moments, as Nitori picked up the general gist of things fairly quickly, and only needed a bit of extra clarification on the details.

"... Huh. Wow, I hadn't heard that fairies did anything like that at all. That's pretty interesting. Of course, nobody really pays much attention to what fairies do, unless it's actively annoying them." she admitted. "But, I'm... not exactly sure I can swing an idea like this so that everyone agrees." Nitori hedged. "I mean, it does sound like you can get our little issue under control, but there's going to be some that aren't happy about how you go about it, pitching outright fights in the middle of the halls."

"Ah? So, what are you saying, Nitori?"

The kappa hesitated a few moments, in deep thought.

"... Yeah. I think... if you push this far, and try to take territories in here, some of the kappa will actively try to hinder your efforts. Not all, or even many, but a few. The ones that are advocating we just seal the walls back up, ignore the fairies stuck inside, and wait for them to touch something they shouldn't and die, most likely." She mused. "You'll probably have to fight them, in addition to neutral fairies. Oh! But, you know, these are still my workers we're talking about. I'd really appreciate it if you didn't hurt them too badly... But, well, you do what you have to, to get this place back up to full efficiency, I guess."

"... For Science?" Tabuki ventured.

"Yes! Exactly! If the malcontents and troublemakers get a little banged up while I'm having you fix things for me, then they'll just have to deal with it, because I am the senior engineer on this project, so as far as that goes, aside from the goddesses and their miko, I pretty much make the rules. You can consider yourself employed, as an Independent Troubleshooter, as of now. Get to me whenever your army has pushed this far, give me a territory-map of the facilities, and we can discuss payment then." Nitori decided, a note of finality in her voice. "Hey, don't make me wait too long, though, because the other end of this place comes out on the surface, and I can just as easily hunt around up there for someone else to do the job."

"... Wait, I'm your employee now?" Tabuki wondered. "When did that happen?"

"Just now, when I decided. Don't worry though, I'm a lenient boss, as kappa go. I only demand one hundred and fifty percent of your full effort." Nitori stated, in full seriousness.

"How generous of you." Tabuki snarked, though the Kappa didn't seem to at all register the sarcasm.

"I know, right? But anyway, Utsuho should be finished pretty soon, what did you want to talk with her about again."

Tabuki blinked at the abrupt turn of subject.

"Um, I never said, I think. But... I wanted to chat about 'Nuclear Physics'. The concept came up a couple times in a book I read recently, and I think I have a vague picture of it, but I would really appreciate..."

Nitori was laughing. Tabuki trailed off and patiently waited for her to finish.

"Oh wow. Oh geeze. I am sorry. here I thought it was going to be something dumb, like reminding her it was hot tub night, or that it was her turn to pick up groceries on the way home or something... but yeah, that's actually a pretty good call. There's not a whole lot that Utsuho has a serious grasp on, but what she knows, she really knows... and yeah, most of it's related to that."

"Hey! Are you calling me a birdbrain, Miss Engineer?"

"Haaah? Nah, of course not. I try not to bother stating the obvious. You are a bird."

Okuu considered that for a few moments as she paced forward, prying an orange, blocky device off of one arm.

".... Well, that's fine, then." She agreed. "Oh, and hi, Tabby."

"Anyway, here you go. Unless you need something else..."

"Actually... could you stay?" Tabuki asked. "You seem to be well-educated yourself, an extra head and point of view in this discussion could be helpful.

"Hm? Sure, I guess. Not like I do much except oversee things, unless something goes horribly wrong. The rest can manage without me for a while. So, Utsuho! The little lady here wanted to chat. About Nuclear Physics."

"... What, really?" Okuu asked, with sudden piqued interest and excitement. "Nobody's ever interested in listening to me talk about that sort of thing!"

"Well, let's be honest here, it goes right over the heads of most people in Gensokyo, and you do kind of talk people's ears off when you get going." Nitori pointed out.

"... Really?" Okuu asked, looking suddenly stricken. "Oh... I'm so sorry. That must be very painful for them. Is it hard to get them reattached, or do they just grow back very fast?"

"Figurative, not Literal, Utsuho." Nitori chided. "We've been over the whole 'turn of phrase' concept before... Geeze." She grumbled out of the side of her mouth, just loud enough for Tabuki to pick up. "Almost a regular savant: absolute genius at a couple things, but everything else..."

"Anyway, how much to you already know, Tabby? We'll start from there." Okuu decided.

".. Not much. I've picked up that everything is made of 'atoms', but..."

"Okay! So, we can start with an explanation of basic atomic-molecular theory and fission/fusion reactions before we move on to anything more in-depth. Now, to start, all matter is made up of very similar particles, far too small to see, made up of the sub-particles of the Nucleus, in which the nucleic Protons and Neutrons gather and cling to each other, and the Electrons, which orbit the nucleus. They're named for the charge they carry: Neutrons are neutrally charged, for example, while Protons are positive and Electrons are negative.

Now, for all matter these sub particles are exactly the same regardless of which element they form, and we'll get around to the table of periodic elements later if you want, the only difference is how many of them compose any individual atom."

"Oh... so, then, if you remove, or add, some of the sub-particles from something, then you are changing it entirely to something new. Like... plain dirt, to gold or steel, for example?" Tabuki asked, curiously.

"Yes, exactly!" Okuu confirmed. "That's usually more some kind of Chemical Reaction, though, and has a bunch of rules and limitations of it's own, or some kind of magical alchemy, and neither are really my field of expertise. But on the individual, atomic level, that's pretty much correct, and it's how the atoms themselves are differentiated, by their 'Atomic Number', or rather, how many protons they contain. But in any case, each individual atom contains a great deal of potential energy waiting to be released... ah, the best way I've found to get a grasp on that concept is 'Explosions waiting to happen', to be honest. But anyway, that's the whole point of fission and fusion reactions."

"We work almost entirely with Fusion here." Nitori piped up. "The energy released from the reaction is converted to electricity, which... well, there's not actually a lot of call for it, beyond the mountain, since most of Gensokyo doesn't feel the need for science when they can just learn magic instead, but it supplies power for our projects and... whatever it is the Moriya shrine uses it for."

"Ooh, I know this one! I got invited in for a little, once, after... y'know, all of that happened, to make sure i was feeling better, I guess, and they have lots of neat toys they brought from Outside." Okuu gushed. "Entertainment systems and video games and computers and big wide-screen teevees, and a karaoke thingy they let me play with... ehehe, I'm not a really good singer, though..."

"That's nice, Utsuho. You were saying, about fission and fusion?" Nitori interrupted.

Okuu stared blankly for a moment, as though she'd completely forgotten the previous topic, before a light seemed to dawn in her eyes.

"That's right! Anyway, nuclear fusion works by forcing two low-mass nuclei together, close enough that the Strong Force, that's important so keep it in mind, I'll explain it later, fuses them together. It takes a lot to get past the nuclei's own natural tendency to push away from each other though, so in order to get that effect from Strong or Nuclear forces, you need a lot of heat or pressure or both... but once you do it, a whole bunch of energy gets released by the reaction, and then the combined nucleus assumes a lower energy level. Do it the right way, with the right protons and nuclei, and other stuff? You can make artificial suns. That's what I use for a bunch of my danmaku, though I'm a special case, since my power is [Manipulation of Nuclear Fusion] I can break a lot of the normal rules if I feel like it.

But anyway, Fission is a bit different, in that it's the exact opposite. You take a single heavier nucleus, and split it apart: doing so makes two lighter nuclei, and again, releases a lot of energy. you understand so far, Tabby?"

"Ah... yes, I believe so."

"Great! We'll move right along, then, to the concept of 'Atomic Decay', alpha, beta, and gamma radiation of the atom, and mass-energy equivalence..."

---

The talk continued for hours, and while Tabuki never really felt like she was being left behind in the explanations, there were times when Okuu tried to explain a concept, but wasn't able to simplify it quite enough for an average person to understand, and though she was fairly confident that she could have worked things out on her own without too much effort, Nitori had proven vastly helpful in that, or when the discussion happened to veer to subjects outside of Okuu's own particular field of specific expertise. Aside from that, the Kappa had mostly sat back and watched the conversation go in a sort of vague combination of amusement and interest, seeming to consider the whole thing a paid break of sorts.

She got the feeling that Okuu could have continued on for hours more, except for the sudden twin protestations of their stomachs and the realization that they had both conversed well through lunchtime, and dinner would be held shortly. Following that, the raven-girl had laughed awkwardly and suggested they break for the day, and that the conversation be continued some other time, perhaps. She had kindly offered to carry the much-smaller girl back, however, and Nitori had waved them off cheerfully.

And now Tabuki was taking her report in the smaller chamber she'd taken to considering 'The War Room', if only in her own head, as her fairy soldiers carefully floated in circles, deliberately keeping a significant measure of distance between themselves and the gray skinned, blank-faced fairy floating, very slowly, after them.

"There, uh... there was a kind of thing... problem... with the assignment today." Emerald said carefully, awkwardly.

Tabuki considered that for a moment, then quickly counted the number of fairies in the room... and came up one short of the expected number.

"... What happened."

"It was on my end of things." Emerald admitted. "The other attack went off without a hitch, but... well, I guess we were a little cocky. One of the danmaku flingers wasn't paying enough attention, and the zombie got ahold of her. It started biting, and... it sort of didn't stop, I guess. The close-fighter helped it a bit, and before we realized, she'd been taken out of things, to battered to fight back any more. The problem... well, the zombie sort of didn't stop eating her after that."

Tabuki's face went slightly green as she pictured that in her head.

"So... we tried to get it off, finish it before it could do anything, but it sort of ripped her apart, and... well, it was too much. She'll have re-spawned in the morning, of course, but... well, being eaten isn't a fun experience. She... might not be exactly right in the head for a while, when she gets back." Emerald said, hesitantly.

Tabuki leaned back in her chair, staring at the ceiling as she considered that.

"It's not your fault, though!" Emerald rushed to continue. "This sort of thing just happens sometimes, in the wars. Bad luck. Give her a few decades, she'll be perfectly fine, like it never happened. She probably won't even remember it did happen!"

"Emerald." Tabuki interrupted quietly. "I don't need you to try to make me feel better. Like you said, it's fine. Now... moving along to the rest of your report. What's..."

She waved at the current scene, wordlessly.

"Oh, this? Well, whatever luring spell you learned from miss Rin, it started working right off the bat. She showed up and followed us home, after we were done fighting. Though... she is still trying to eat us, too... but anyway, it's one more soldier, you just... probably have to keep a little closer eye on her than the rest."

"Heeeelp!" A sobbed wail came, from where a fairy had slowed down for a moment to catch her breath and the undead pursuer had silently sped up, just slightly, sensing weakness, to lurch and drag her to a pinned position on the floor, where she had begun to struggle to keep the teeth and claws away. "Noooo, she caught me. I don't wanna be eaten, like-"

"That's enough! Stop that!" Tabuki snapped, and the zombie suddenly froze in place at the order. "Let her go. She's mine, and I can't just have you eating my soldiers whenever you want. Get up off the floor and stop this nonsense immediately."

Slowly... almost begrudgingly, the undead fairy released her victim, who quickly flitted away to try to hide behind Tabuki, peeking warily out from behind her at her aggressor. She seemed sullen, almost sulking, as she floated quietly in place.

"You do understand what I'm saying then, well enough to obey at least. Then listen closely. My soldiers, Emerald? They are off limits. Anyone in this palace? Off limits. If I hear reports of you attacking anyone, in either category, then I will set you on fire, and keep you lit until you burn to ash. Then I'll wait for you to come back to life, and I'll set you on fire again. Do you understand?"

A long moment of silence passed, and then the undead fairy slowly, quietly released a long, drawn-out and rasping almost-sigh, more a wheeze, through rattling tubes. Tabuki took that as a grudging assent.

"Good. See that you don't try my patience. Now, Emerald, your report?"

"Sure, sure. Anyway, we've done a quick once over of the third set of tunnels, should have a quick map of them scratched out for you fairly soon, and no real trouble to be found right now. Only big thing... the other end of these tunnels comes up right in Cirno's territory, she's got the upper regions under her control, though she's never really had any interest in pushing any further down from there. If she doesn't already know we're moving now, then she will soon, and the war's going to start in earnest then." Emerald said. There's an entry to the sub-tunnels from here too... not really sure why you'd want to go even further down from here, from my point of view, but there's probably the sort of thing big folk are interested in down there. Gold veins, iron ore maybe. But one of Cirno's territories is really close to there, so if you want to head that way, then it's not going to be possible to keep her from noticing us."

"Hm..." Tabuki mused to herself. "Emerald. Once she notices we're moving, how likely is it that we'll be her initial target?"

"Really low." Emerald answered almost instantly. "We aren't much of a threat to her right now, and she'll know that full well. As long as we don't outright attack one of her territories... she'll probably ignore us entirely, until then, and focus on more familiar enemies and more valuable territories. Same goes for almost all the others, really... except Lily, anyway. She... might ignore us, the way they would. Or she might not. I'm... really kind of glad it's not Lily we ran into first, nobody can really predict the way she thinks at all." Emerald admitted.

"... Everything's still fine then. Good. Otherwise... the Cave-squid?"

"Got hauled back, no trouble." Emerald replied cheerily. "About the size of an average dog... still enough to swallow one of us, of course, but aside from that nothing special. Meat's already been butchered by the kitchens for us, and if you don't find a buyer soon they'll go ahead and preserve it for us. Right now, we're really just waiting for those scouting reports to get in."

"Good, good." Tabuki replied distractedly, flipping through papers.

"Oh, and, uh, Tabby..." Emerald continued, voice coming down to a slightly more serious note. "You're the leader and all, but... well, my knuckles are kind of taking a little bit of a beating from all this." She admitted. "And some of the girls have mentioned similar. We'll still be fine for a long time yet, I think, but.... maaaybe you could start looking into weapons? And armor." She hinted as subtly as she could manage. "Of some kind, anyway. I mean, I know you don't have anything like Cirno's power, where she can just make stuff out of ice as-needed before a fight, and it'll last the rest of the day, but... Yeah, it would really be appreciated."

"... I'll keep that in mind." Tabuki said, concealing as best she could the fact that she hadn't really thought about weapons or armor since back when she'd first been introduced to the concept of the war, and had its rules explained to her.

"All righty! It's just, when we start going up against other armies, they're definitely going to have some kind of equipment, even though it may not be great. And it'll definitely set us at the very least a step above the fairies with no leader at all. But, you'll probably have to find someplace to get that stuff from and pay for it besides, so there's no real rush."

Tabuki just nodded.

---

DMB: trait gained- Necrophobia. When played in a battle against undead units, 50% to freeze in panic and lose any action on the first turn. If frozen, 20% chance to remain frozen in terror every following turn thereafter, unless attacked by an enemy, which will break them out of the panic. Aside from this, unit gains a circumstance +1 to attack so long as undead units are active on the field of battle.

War Chest:
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
-'Squid' meat x1
10 silvers

New Scouting Reports:

Tunnels III 1.
Zombie Fairies x2 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2

Tunnels III 2.
Zombie Fairies x1 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Cave Squid x1 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3

Passage to Tunnels I.
Cave Squid x3 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2

Passage to Tunnels II.
Cave Squid x2 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3
Melee Mook x2 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2


[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to DMB note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [ ] Change Fairy Class to 'Fire Flinger'(hp=10, Damage=3-5, ranged)
---[ ] Just one. (write in which, 5 silver cost)
---[ ] These two. (write in which, 10 silver cost)
--[ ] Come to think of it, what was that thing she dumped in the hellfires, and why?
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
-- [ ] 'That weird Miko'.
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [ ] Haggle. [Cha/Int]
--- [ ] Inspect for flaws. [Perception]
-- [ ] Announce your war plans. (write in details)
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] "DMB" (If chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.) Also, now would be a good time to name her, if you don't want me to do it.
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
[ ] Look for a strange Miko in the city.
>> No. 141676
File 130688928642.png - (9.09KB , 347x514 , TunnelsIIIMap.png ) [iqdb]
141676
DM F,G stationed in palace, E unstationed. MM F, G, E, stationed in NW, NE, SE City, C unstationed.
Battle 1, assaulting Tunnels III passage.

1. [G] Emerald
2. MM A
3. MM B
4. DM B
5. DM C

vs

1.ZF
2(6).MM
3(7).DM

---

T advantage vs N.

Orders: None specified.

Em- x
MMA-x
MMB-x
DMB- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d3=2) MM (9hp)
DMC- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d3=2) MM (8hp)

ZF-x
MM- x
DM- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d5=4) DMB (9hp)

EM- 1d4+1=2, 2 damage to (1d3=3) DM (9hp)
MMA- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to(1d3=3) DM(7hp)
MMB- 1d2+1=3, 3 damage to (1d3=3) DM(5hp)
DMB- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d3=3) DM (3hp)
DMC- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d3=2) MM (6hp)

ZF- 1d2+2= 3, 3 damage to (1d7=4) DMB (6hp)
Zombie fairy keeps hold of DMB, biting deep.
MM-1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d5=4) DMB (4hp)
DM- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d5=5) DMC (8hp)

EM- 1d4+1=4, 4 damage to (1d3=3) DM (KO)
MMA-1d2+1=2, 2 damage to (1d2=1) ZF(13hp)
MMB-1d2+1=3, 3 damage to (1d2=2) MM (4hp)
DMB- 1d2=2, 2 damage to ZF (11hp)
DMC- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=2) MM (2hp)

ZF- 1d2+2=4, 4 damage to DMB (KO)(0hp)
MM-1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d4=4) DMC (7hp)

EM- 1d4+1=5, 5 damage to (1d2=1) ZF(8hp)
MMA- 1d2+1=2, 2 damage to (1d2=1) ZF (6hp)
MMB- 1d2+1=3, 3 damage to (1d2=1) ZF (3hp)
DMC-1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d2=1) ZF (1hp)

ZF continues to savage their target.
ZF- 1d2+2=4, 4 damage to DMB (KO, -4hp)
MM-1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d4=3) MMB (8hp)

EM-1d4+1=3, 3 damage to (1d2=1) ZF (KO)
MMA- 1d2+1=3 damage to MM (KO)

Victory.
Territory Captured. [Passage to Tunnels III]
DMB is Greivously Wounded.
(-4/10, 1d10=3)
DMB succumbs to their wounds.
Conscripted: MMH, DMH
Scouting: TunnelsIII 1, TunnelsIII2.
Emerald, MM A, B, DM C: +1 battle xp.
DMB trait aquired: Necrophobe.

Bleak Aura activation. (1d100=2)
Conscripted: Zombie Fairy A.

---

Battle 2. Assaulting Far North-East City.

1. MM C
2. MM D
3. DM A
4. DM D
5. DM E

vs.

1. MM
2. DM
3. Cave Squid

---

Neutral enemy, advantage to T.

Orders: Focus on CS, then MM, then DM.

MMC- x
MMD- x
DMA- 1d2=1, 1 damage to CS (9hp)
DMD- 1d2=1, 1 damage to CS (8hp)
DME- 1d2=1, 1 damage to CS (7hp)

MM-x
DM- 1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d5=4) DMD (8hp)
CS-x

MMC-1d2=1, 1 damage to CS (6hp)
MMD- 1d2=2, 2 damage to CS(4hp)
DMA- 1d2=2, 2 damage to CS (2hp)
DMD-1d2=2, 2 damage to CS (KO)
DME- 1d2=2, 2 damage to MM (8hp)

MM-1d2=2, 2 damage to (1d5=4) DMD (6hp)
DM- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d5=4) DME (9hp)

MMC- 1d2=1, 1 damage to MM (7hp)
MMD- 1d2=1, 1 damage to MM (6hp)
DMA- 1d2=1, 1 damage to MM (5hp)
DMD- 1d2=2, 2 damage to MM (3hp)
DME- 1d2=2, 2 damage to MM (1hp)

MM- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1D5=1) MMC(9hp)
DM- 1d2=1, 1 damage to (1d5=3) DMA (9hp)

MMC- 1d2=2, 2 damage to MM (KO)
MMD- 1d2=1, 1 damage to DM (9hp)
DMA- 1d2=2, 2 damage to DM (7hp)
DMD- 1d2=1, 1 damage to DM (6hp)
DME- 1d2=1, 1 damage to DM (5hp)

DM-1d2= 1, 1 damage to (1d5=5) DME (8HP)

MMC= 1d2=1, DM (4hp)
MMD-1d2=1, DM (3hp)
DMA-1d2=1, DM (2hp)
DMD-1d2=2, DM (KO)

Victory
Territory Captured [FNE City]
Item collected: Tasty 'Squid' meat x1.
Conscripted: MMI, DMI
Scouting: Passage to Tunnels I, Passage to Tunnels II.
MM C,D, DM A,D,E, +1 battle xp
>> No. 141677
Aaaaand I just totally forgot to spoiler any of that, didn't I. Great. Yeah, unless you're going to look at that, pretend you don't see it, or something.
>> No. 141678
- [x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [x] Haggle. [Cha/Int]

I'll just leave the battle plans to my intellect superiors.
>> No. 141682
How's Tabby's Cha stat again? I'd like to make sure before placing a vote.
>> No. 141687
Can you post our MC's stats? I can't find the first thread.
>> No. 141704
[1] Power
[8] Agility
[9] Magic
[1] Perception
[9] Intelligence
[1] Luck
[1] Charisma

Lucky for you, I felt like checking this thing before sleep.

Also, meant to post after spoilers in that thing: Okuu's influence just took a reasonably significant jump from all that chatter. Nitori likes you too. Though, yeah, should have been fairly obvious because I try to make influence gains intuitive, but meh.
>> No. 141716
>>141704
Goddamn Min-maxers, goddamn them to hell. Now we'll never be able to console that poor fairy.
>> No. 141717
- [x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [x] Haggle. [Cha/Int]

-- [ ] "DMB" I wouldn't suggest comforting her, while it is a brilliant idea if we could, but due to our abominably low Charisma, the original goal I would have in mind is to comfort her, and by extension, build some rapport with the troops, but something tells me that's not going to happen, indeed, almost the exact opposite. However, I'd like to suggest the name "Puru" for her. Wonder what Parsee would think of that.

Battle plans to come soon, got to think about this.

Finally, I just started reading, and this is exceptional quality. Keep it up, writefag. I like this.
>> No. 141718
Also, would it be possible to talk to Nitori regarding equipment? I can't see as that would ever possibly be a bad thing, to have kappa equipment on your side.
>> No. 141722
File 130690983935.jpg - (16.31KB , 320x240 , YomikoReadman.jpg ) [iqdb]
141722
>>141682
>>141687
Tabby's character sheet is here: >>139328

~~~

TL;DR types can probably just read the votes.

[x] "DMB" (If chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.)
- [x] Name: B, B, B: what begins with B? Beryl
- [x] Keep it short and sweet. "Fire is useful against the undead. Would you like to learn to use it?"
-- [a] If yes, take her to Orin and have her learn to burn things.

This should progress her chi imbalance from her kidneys to her liver, converting her reaction when confronted with the undead from fear and immobility to anger and violence. This is much more useful.

Later, we can progress the chi imbalance further, from her liver to her to her heart. In addition to potentially strengthening her new fire abilities, this will convert her reaction to euphoria. This is admittedly much less useful, but will probably be fucking hilarious.

Why, yes, I have been reading Weapons of the Gods; why do you ask?

-- [B] If no, don't press the issue. Definitely give her today off. Ask Emerald and/or one or more of her comrades to talk with her (further reducing our available troop count, but it'll show that we care, which in the long term probably matters more).

Either way, that probably won't take Tabby's whole day, though.

-- [ ] Go read Calculus for the Practical Man instead?

The relativity and nuclear physics talks weren't nearly as useful as they should have been, specifically because Tabby doesn't have a firm grounding in even basic science, much less tensor calculus. Really, only her 9 Int allowed her to get anything useful out of them at all; they should have been awesome but instead we have been putting the cart before the horse.

On the other hand, that's five silvers -- a whole day's work! -- so while it's important, maybe we should try to sell the squid meat while it's still fresh. (I'm assuming it's under refrigeration for now.) Also, the kitchens butchered it for us -- that's us relying on Satori's generosity again. We probably need to make recompense for that.

-- [A/B] Ask if anyone knows whether Yuugi would be interested in buying the cave squid meat. (And how much do we have? A dog's worth doesn't sound like much, but I guess it's important to establish a trade route. There may be more cave squid later!)
--- [1] If they think so, go use that as an excuse to talk to her. If she turns out not to be interested, maybe she can recommend a buyer anyway? And also chat about the fairy war, but don't be too serious. After all, if we beat her, we'll need a good working relationship with her.
--- [2] Absent even that flimsy excuse, go out into the City and look for a buyer.
---- [.] But keep our eyes peeled for a mysterious miko. Luck and Perception aren't our strong points, but you never know.

~~~

A handful of suggested long-term goals, in no particular order:
• Read An Elementary Introduction to Mathematical Finance. (Calculus first, though; it's probably required.) This definitely needs to be done before trying to sell any gems and so forth on the surface.
• Research the control and removal of (un)death magics. (Both Orin and the library may help here.) See if there's something we can do to transform zombie fairies into normal fairies: counterspelling the death curse or reversing the polarity of the agathon flow or propitiating a relevant psychopomp or transferring the zombification onto a block of cheese. (How much does casu marzu sell for? Can we use that as a resource? Read Math. Fin.)
• • Also am I the only one who thinks Zombie Fairies respawning as Zombie Fairies makes perfect sense? I don't see why they would do anything else. This implies that zombie-ness is their natural state, though, so technically in doing the above we'd be performing horribly unethical experiments to create abominations of nature. Yay!
• Try to read High Energy Astrophysics before invading the kappa territories. We probably can't actually help with their fusion project, but demonstrating at least basic competence in their subject is likely to help us interact with engineers (in lieu of having any actual Charisma). It may necessitate reading Calculus and/or Quantum Field Theory to properly grok, though.
• • Also, try to sell the invasion to resisting kappa as being kind of like Nitori hiring an extermination service. Sure, you've got to step out for a bit while we fumigate, but things will be much better afterwards!
• • See if those kappa are powerful enough to count as Leaders: are we permitted to engage them personally? If so, we need to learn some nonlethal engagement magic other than Bluntness -- preferably ranged magic. Unfortunately such a thing is not likely to be widely considered useful, and is therefore probably going to be difficult to come by. ... I don't know if she knows that danmaku is nonlethal. And actually, now that I think about it, technically that means I don't know that danmaku is nonlethal in this story.
• Try to find a copy of something like How to Win Friends and Influence People. If you can, and probably even if you can't, start by practicing with Emerald, who will understand and forgive you if you say something stupid.
• Tabby herself has 9 Magic and 9 Intelligence. This is pretty respectable! Surely there's something she can do to make a little quick cash? Like, make sparkly trinkets? (This is really two goals: one short-term, just because we're so low on funds right now, and one very long term, for after the war.)
• Learn to play a musical instrument.
• Read Flora and Fauna: An annotated guide. If we expand to the surface -- and possibly even if we don't, given the existence of Cave Squid and mushrooms and so forth -- this should help us extract more resources from resource-bearing areas, and possibly even to extract some resources from ordinarily non-resource-bearing areas.
• Learn to make stuff out of other stuff with magic: alchemy, transfiguration, whatever. The important point is that we need weapons and armor, and Cirno apparently has a trick with ice whose effects we could stand to learn duplicate, even if we have to make do with stone swords and squid-leather armor for a while. Also, if the made stuff stays made, it's a useful and marketable skill!
• Spar with some of our fairies to see how powerful Tabby is in relation to them. Bluntness will help here!

~~~

Someone who's been following the battles should make war strategy. I'm going to try to become such a person later but I probably won't get to catch up on things soon. Oh god it's late why am I not asleep.
>> No. 141745
>>141718

>Talk to Nitori

Goddammit, yes, I meant to add that as an option after she was encountered.

- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic

^ Just... assume I'd tacked that in there somewhere, I guess.

>>141722

Oh, man, so much.... uh, what can I answer...

>Squid meat

Not being kept chilled, but it'll stay good for a couple days on its own. If there's no buyer, and nobody's going to eat it by sometime tomorrow, then it will be salted and cured in some fashion. Maybe dried and made into some sort of jerky or something.

>Suggested goals

So much interestingness~ Hm, the zombie thing has an interesting answer, and may be fodder for the end-thread bonus.

Kappa: In general, no, not leaders. Nitori would definitely be strong enough to count as one, though, but it's unlikely you'll be picking a fight with her. Comparative to fairies, though? Strong.

Tabby: HP-wise, she's super-weak for a leader. Magic and brains-wise, of course, she's right up there near the top albeit... rather uneducated, obviously. Basically, she's min-maxed into... uh, not a glass cannon, exactly... more like a glass fighter plane, leaving aside the whole 'she can't fly yet' thing. Hard to hit, and if she fires everything she'll really wreck someone's day, but if she does get nailed then everything is going to go south really fast.

Just answers at a glance.
>> No. 141747
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Change Fairy Class to 'Fire Flinger'(hp=10, Damage=3-5, ranged)
-- [x] Change DMI and another DM with 0xp or the least xp. Don't change DMB.

[x] Change DMB's name to "Feary".
[x] Change the Zombie fairy's name to "Deady".

We absolutely must NOT change DMB to a FF. Even with the possible +1 damage to undeads, 50% chance to freeze is too much. A single turn without attacking is a wasted turn, and the damage the FF deal is the highest we have.

Concerning the equipment Emerald is asking for, we cannot afford that right now. Not for everyone, at least. We can talk to yuugi when we're going to buy something.

I just hope the meat will last at least 2 turns.

[x] War PLans
--[x] Take Emerald, Deady, 3 MM, 1 DM and the two Fire Flingers to take the Fire Chambers. Take out the Zombies first.
--[x] Station 1 MM at each territory captured (We should have 5 captured now)
--[x] Station the Feary and the remaining fairies at the Palace (5 DM I believe)

Yes, I am rushing towards Nitori. We can still make without equipment, and Nitori's offer seems to have a time limit. Then we can have see if Mima is possible or not.

I may be taking too much fairies to attack a single territory, but we should be one shotting the Zombie Fairies with this setup, while exploiting Satori's offer to the maximum.

If I have miscalculated, then Kahi can take the DM's at the Palace to defend other places, with exception of Feary.
>> No. 141753
>>141747
>We absolutely must NOT change DMB to a FF. Even with the possible +1 damage to undeads, 50% chance to freeze is too much. A single turn without attacking is a wasted turn, and the damage the FF deal is the highest we have.
I thought the 50% freeze was part of the adquired perk 'Necrophobia' and not optional. I mean, if it was optional, then why would we have to (charisma) option to comfort the fairies?
>> No. 141754
>>141753

Um, it is. That's exactly why I'm against making DMB/Feary a Fire Flinger. The FF are our strongest damager (if we do make them), and having such strong hitters doing nothing for one or more turn against a common enemy (Zombie Fairies are almost anywhere now) is definetly bad. The +1 is nice, yes, but it does nothing if the fairy doens't attack.
>> No. 141759
[x]>>141747

I second this
>> No. 141761
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Change Fairy Class to 'Fire Flinger'(hp=10, Damage=3-5, ranged)
-- [x] Change DMI and another DM with 0xp or the least xp. Don't change DMB.

[x] War PLans
--[x] Take Emerald, Deady, 3 MM, 1 DM and the two Fire Flingers to take the Fire Chambers. Take out the Zombies first.
--[x] Station 1 MM at each territory captured (We should have 5 captured now)
--[x] Station the Feary and the remaining fairies at the Palace (5 DM I believe)

Well, ok, since this is the best and only war plan we have now, I'm going with it. Though I'm also tempted to chat with Nitori more, Orin is an essential part of this strategy, and I'm not feeling like spending another Public Relation choice without gainning immediate results.

>>141722

It's nice to seem more people enjoying this story.
>> No. 141783
>>141759

[X] I third that as well.
>> No. 141791
File 130699343362.png - (652.46KB , 750x600 , 1304837514989.png ) [iqdb]
141791
(Mostly, a continuation of >>141722.)

>>141747
I should clarify that the chi imbalance nonsense was only half a joke: I really did mean to suggest making DMB ("Feary"? Seriously? Are you trying to break her further?) a Fire Flinger specifically as a way to help her work through her phobia, since we can't go the Charisma route.

(It might not actually help, but it does sound like the kind of thing Tabby would think would help.)

--

As for the war plans, though, I almost completely agree. It's only 'almost' because, if there are no other active factions nearby, I don't see any point in stationing fairies in empty nodes.

So:

[x] Five fairies in the Palace, as usual, as per >>141747.
- [x] Check and see if any of them are becoming more skilled at their tasks. If so (and if there's not too much grumbling), keep them learning! Maybe they'll be able to bring in more money?

[x] Station fairies in each territory-node as follows:
- [x] If a conquered node looks like it could produce immediately useful or ethically salable resources, station a (Melee) harvester-fairy in it.
- [x] Otherwise, if it's the closest node to a known nearby active faction, station a (Melee) watch-fairy in it.
-- [x] Exception: don't station a fairy in VIII, unless it's resource-rich. We specifically want not to attract Cirno's attention, since she's supposed to be one of the strongest fairies.
- [x] Otherwise, don't station a fairy in that node.
* [x] If attacked, harvester- and watch-fairies should flee, rather than fighting and potentially being absorbed into the other faction. (Well, if that's what would happen. If not, just ignore this.)
** [x] If a fairy has to flee, and there's a counterassault the next day, assign her to it.

[x] Send all fairies not accounted for above to assault the Fire Chambers Passages.

This will probably get us one extra melee fairy on that assault. (The City is probably resource-bearing, so I don't expect any more; but even if we did have enough to make another assault, I'd just as soon drop overwhelming force on this batch of zombies.)
>> No. 141806
>>141791
>I really did mean to suggest making DMB ("Feary"? Seriously? Are you trying to break her further?) a Fire Flinger specifically as a way to help her work through her phobia, since we can't go the Charisma route.
>(It might not actually help, but it does sound like the kind of thing Tabby would think would help.)

I see what you mean. I don't know if the name will have any impact on the fairy, but I believe Tabby to an insensible jerk like that, if even not on purpose.

Besides, with the min/maxed build, Tabby seems perfect for a person who aims at getting results and values praticability.

>if there are no other active factions nearby, I don't see any point in stationing fairies in empty nodes.

You forget that if a territory is unguarded, neutral fairies have no problems moving towards and occupy it. If we lose a territory, to whoever invades, we lose not only it's resources, but also the two fairies we recruited from there.

Though I am unsure if the said can be said for territories without borders with enemy/neutral territories, but I'm not willing to risk that until Kahi mentions anything. Yes, that's an indirect question for you Kahi.
>> No. 141808
File 130702367565.jpg - (40.61KB , 700x605 , ninja_assassin_fairy.jpg ) [iqdb]
141808
>territories without borders with enemy/neutral territories.

Yes. Fairies, left to their own devices, get themselves killed and respawn later all the time. All it takes is one fairy stationed to keep an eye out for and deal with this sort of thing as it happens, but if you leave a territory empty, it doesn't matter if every adjacent territory belongs to you, you're going to lose it.

>VIII

It's not 'resource-rich', no. However, it is a key juncture: having that territory in your control is currently all that's letting you see the map for that area. Abandon it, and there'll be no way for you to tell what's going on in there, if the situation changes. Just pointing that out, do as you please with the information.

>(Well, if that's what would happen. If not, just ignore this.)

It's not. Troop loss is linked to territories directly, not which fairies happen to be stationed in the territory.

Example: You have territories A and B, and you station all but one of them in B, because it's next to territory C, which is under Lily's control. Lily wakes up, feels like bacon and eggs instead of toast and butter, and attacks territory B with a platoon of a half dozen each samurai and ninja fairies, and you lose control of territory B. You don't lose the fairies you gained from having territory A to Lily, only the ones that you gained way back when you captured Territory B. Fairies linked to territory A are still yours.

Also, your first eight fairies (and the zombie, now) aren't subject to being lost for any reason, so long as you have any territories at all. They're linked to Tabuki herself, not specific places.

>Check and see if any of them are becoming more skilled at their tasks. If so (and if there's not too much grumbling), keep them learning! Maybe they'll be able to bring in more money?

Hmhmhm~

I'll be straight with you, though. Right now, your fairy skill-sets are pretty much limited to 'punching things(or hitting things with stuff, if they get weapons)' and 'shooting things', soon to expand to 'burning things', it seems. Household tasks are not something they do really well yet, or focus on learning how to do better, for that matter.

You're on an interesting track, though!

Anyway, I have stuff to do soon, so will delay calling votes for, oh... say another three hours, roughly, give or take maybe ten, fifteen minutes. Have fun until then!
>> No. 141813
- [x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [x] Haggle. [Cha/Int]

II

[x] "DMB" (If chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.)
- [x] Keep it short and sweet. "Fire is useful against the undead. Would you like to learn to use it?"
-- [a] If yes, take her to Orin and have her learn to burn things.
-- [B] If no, don't press the issue. Definitely give her today off. Ask Emerald and/or one or more of her comrades to talk with her (further reducing our available troop count, but it'll show that we care, which in the long term probably matters more).
-- [A/B] Ask if anyone knows whether Yuugi would be interested in buying the cave squid meat. (And how much do we have? A dog's worth doesn't sound like much, but I guess it's important to establish a trade route. There may be more cave squid later!)
--- [1] If they think so, go use that as an excuse to talk to her. If she turns out not to be interested, maybe she can recommend a buyer anyway? And also chat about the fairy war, but don't be too serious. After all, if we beat her, we'll need a good working relationship with her.
--- [2] Absent even that flimsy excuse, go out into the City and look for a buyer.
---- [.] But keep our eyes peeled for a mysterious miko. Luck and Perception aren't our strong points, but you never know.

Busybusybusy combo write-in- I

[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Change Fairy Class to 'Fire Flinger'(hp=10, Damage=3-5, ranged)
-- [x] Change DMI and another DM with 0xp or the least xp. Don't change DMB.

IIII

Names

Puru-I
Beryl-I
Feary-III

Deady-III

WAR

[x] War PLans
--[x] Take Emerald, Deady, 3 MM, 1 DM and the two Fire Flingers to take the Fire Chambers. Take out the Zombies first.
--[x] Station 1 MM at each territory captured (We should have 5 captured now)
--[x] Station the Feary and the remaining fairies at the Palace (5 DM I believe)

III

[x] Five fairies in the Palace, as usual, as per >>141747.
- [x] Check and see if any of them are becoming more skilled at their tasks. If so (and if there's not too much grumbling), keep them learning! Maybe they'll be able to bring in more money?
[x] Station fairies in each territory-node as follows:
- [x] If a conquered node looks like it could produce immediately useful or ethically salable resources, station a (Melee) harvester-fairy in it.
- [x] Otherwise, if it's the closest node to a known nearby active faction, station a (Melee) watch-fairy in it.
-- [x] Exception: don't station a fairy in VIII, unless it's resource-rich. We specifically want not to attract Cirno's attention, since she's supposed to be one of the strongest fairies.
- [x] Otherwise, don't station a fairy in that node.
* [x] If attacked, harvester- and watch-fairies should flee, rather than fighting and potentially being absorbed into the other faction. (Well, if that's what would happen. If not, just ignore this.)
** [x] If a fairy has to flee, and there's a counterassault the next day, assign her to it.
[x] Send all fairies not accounted for above to assault the Fire Chambers Passages.

I

----

So, called. And tabby has no measurable sense of genuine empathy for the traumatized little girl, nice. As of now, she mentally thinks of her and the zombie as 'Feary' and 'Deady', respectively. I like 'Beryl', though. So, invoking author's privilege, that's the fairy's real name. Tabuki may well try to get ahold of it. May even use it when speaking. You know. If she remembers, and all that.

Okay, aside from I, dice say that DM... F, actually, is now a FF. (Adjusts lists accordingly). G is now F, and H is G, since they got moved to a different list, but they both still belong to specific territories... Okay.

Hm, updating lists, would recommend counting things again. Two fairies are going entirely unused today. I wonder what they'll get up to?Wait, no, 'all the rest' was specified. They're also getting stationed at the palace, then, you just aren't getting any benefit from them. I should probably post my list-o-mooks anyway. Here y'go.

Generals

Emerald, xp=III *fcpass

Conscripts

Danmaku Mooks

A- Palace, xp=III
B- Beryl/Feary, Palace, xp=0
C- Palace, xp=II
D- xp=III *fcpass
E- Palace, xp=II (SEC)
F- Palace, (NEC)
G- Palace, (VIII)

Melee Mooks

A- NEC, xp=III
B- Palace, xp=III
C- xp=III *fcpass
D- xp=III *fcpass
E- SEC, xp=I(SEC)
F- NWC(NWC)
G- (NEC)*fcpass
H- VII(VII)
I- FNEC(FNEC)

Fire Flingers

A-(NWC)*fcpass
B-(FNEC)*fcpass

Zombie Fairies
A- *fcpass


Rolling and writing now. Though, pretty soon, we're going to be getting to the point where it's more feasible to divide them up into groups, 'squad A, B', etc, and just move those around, instead of listing everyone individually in votes. Hm, maybe not quite yet, though.
>> No. 141819
>Two fairies are going entirely unused today. I wonder what they'll get up to?

Wait, really? Damn, I thought we had less, or I would have them stationed at the Tunnels entrance for the defense boost.
>> No. 141827
File 130706063063.jpg - (798.22KB , 600x800 , mm2.jpg ) [iqdb]
141827
Morning came early, and this time the correct number of fairies were assembled in the War Room. One seemed particularly skittish, and would go completely pale and threaten to faint every time Deady, as Tabuki had taken to calling the hungry undead thing in her mind, so much as twitched.

Deady seemed to have picked up on this somehow, and made a deliberate, cruel point of shuffling in place every so often rather than remaining perfectly still, seeming to consider it the next best thing to the forbidden allure of actually ripping into the tasty, sweet, tender flesh of her terrified victim.

"Alright, I need to do this quick, so you.. you four, and you two, you're working under Satori. You two, come with me, the rest of you wait here, I'll have your target ready when I'm back."

She grabbed her two selections by the arms, and gave a very honest effort at quickly dragging them out of the room with her. After a moment, they caught on that she was, in fact, in a hurry, and agreeably enough allowed themselves to be hustled out of the room.

"Where're we going, then?"

"Orin, kitchens." Tabuki answered shortly. "Have to be quick to catch her before she leaves, though."

---

"These the ones?" Orin asked, eying the offered fairies speculatively, as she munched slowly at half of a toasted fish sandwich.

"Yes, these two. Your payment will be taken care of." Tabuki agreed.

"'k, then." Orin said, setting the food aside and licking at her fingers. "Any headway on that thing I asked ya about, by th' way? ... No big rush, of course. Anyway, let's see here.... Right, mos' times, things like this, you can just give a fairy a different set of clothes and equipment, and they'll actually change themselves, to some degree, to match up with the uniform. Usually takes a day or two of instruction t' work the kinks out, or a couple weeks, maybe, if they're going at it on their own. Yeah, that's not what we're gonna be doin' here."

Orin rolled one shoulder in place, then picked up the pair of fairies, one to each hand.

"'Side from that, teaching fairies can be both really easy, and really hard, depending on how y'go about it. I'm just gonna do a rush job here, and magically burn 'how this works' into 'em. 'Snot gonna be at all fun for'm, but it's th' fastest way I've found, to teach a fairy something and make it stick for more than a coupl'a hours. Oh. Hey. Try not to scream, wouldja?" she asked, very seriously, of the two suddenly-squirming fairies in her grip. "Sensitive ears, you know? But you be good kiddies though this, and I think we got some candy stashed around here for ya, 'k?"

Fire gathered around Orin's hands in a whoosh of igniting air, and after a few moments, despite their own best efforts, the fairies howled as the knowledge, and power, was seared carefully into their very being. She kept the flames going for several long minutes, then extinguished them, and lowered her hands to the table to allow them to tumble free, limp and gasping for breath.

"Alrighty, done!" Orin chirped, waving away a few wisps of smoke. "You'll have to wait a few more minutes before those two will be good for anything, though."

"Are they injured?" Tabuki asked, voice colored by valid and serious concern for the two, as she squatted down next to one and prodded gently at her.

"Nah, nah, nah. Well, not physically, y'know. Their bodies are just fine, anyway."

"Everything... everything hurts..." one moaned pitifully, but quieted and relaxed when Tabuki rubbed at her head.

"Pain'll fade, no worries." Orin answered before she could even voice the question. "Hour... maybe two at most, before the last traces scar up properly. Durable little things, right? Let's see... oh!"

Orin had started rustling through the cupboards as she talked, and when she turned back around she was holding two wrapped chocolates, each the size of one of the fairy's heads, in one hand.

"Hehehe, nicked a couple handfuls of these from topside a few weeks back, can't remember who from." She admitted happily, munching on one of her own. "Would 'ppreciate if you try not to think about them when lady Satori's about, though, strictly speaking I'm not supposed to do that. But anyway, hey, there's a little bit of booze inside these, and they're all yours for being such good girls while I mucked about with stuff."

The fairies seemed slightly invigorated by her words as Orin set the treats down near them, and started to laboriously heave themselves back into motion.

"... You know, I'm starting to consider that I probably should have asked for volunteers, instead of just grabbing a couple at random." Tabuki admitted aloud.

"Hey, no worries, everything turned out fine." Orin countered smugly. "See, look, they've gotten the candy already, look how the sugar and alcohol is perking them right back up!"

It was true. The fairies still weren't in perfect condition, seeming bedraggled and tired, but slowly picking up as they greedily stuffed themselves. By the time they had finished, they had managed to wobble up to their feet and stumble about a little. Possibly from lingering pain. And again, possibly, because they had just knocked back a comparatively large dose of alcohol in a small amount of time.

"... You two okay?" Tabuki asked, doubtfully.

"Oh yeah, boss..." One answered, then hiccuped. "We're... just fine~"

"Well, if you say so." she allowed. "We should head back, though."

"Y-yeah, sure!" The other fairy agreed, happily, eyes not quite focused on where Tabuki was. "Just... lead the way!"

---

When she made it back, Deady was conspicuously perfectly silent, as apparently nobody had responded to her impotent shuffling in a way she'd been interested in, and so she had ceased bothering.

"Alright people, today we're going to capture the passages leading towards the fire chambers."

"Is that chocolate smeared on her face?" a fairy mumbled quietly from somewhere behind Emerald.

"Focus on dealing with the undead first, the rest should crumple quickly after that."

"I think it is." Another fairy answered. "... do you smell wine?"

"SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME TALK." Tabuki snapped, at which point the assembled fairies straightened up, returning to full attention. "Right, these two should be able to make fire now, which will be helpful in fairly obvious ways. Aside from that, I think I'll watch today, from a reasonable distance, since I can't really get involved."

There were various noises of assent, and the fairies headed out, chattering slowly amongst themselves and interrogating the not-exactly-sober members of their group as they went. They could probably have been there in minutes, if they'd simply flown full out, but they'd slowed themselves enough to allow the still ground-bound Tabuki to keep pace. Even so, it wasn't too long before they reached the chosen field of battle, and they started speeding up as they went.

Tabuki watched carefully as the forces met, some pausing to launch their attacks before continuing forward into the ensuing struggle, though slower than the ones who were to be fighting up close and personal as a matter of choice. Hm. To be perfectly honest, she was pretty sure that this was the fastest and most eager she'd ever seen Deady, though that was possibly to be expected.

One point, she quickly noted, was that she would have to remember to be a little more precise when giving orders. She had meant for them to pick off one Zombie Fairy at a time, but instead they were just focusing on whichever happened to catch their eyes at the moment. They were at least ignoring the normal opposition like she'd ordered, though, which was something. Well, it was too late now, they were just outside of yelling range, and the battle was going just fast enough that it would be over before she got close enough to do anything about it. And aside from that, she wasn't supposed to interfere any more anyway.

Then, with little fanfare, the last of the undead fell, and her soldiers turned their focus towards the living portion of the opposition. Deady, for one, seemed significantly more enthused with the new targets, as she lurched into the fray, grabbed hold of one of the now outnumbered and out-muscled enemy fairies and... well, she hadn't been quick on the uptake, the fairy's struggles in her arms had gotten a whole lot feebler just under her initial assault, signifying that she was simply out of strength, and couldn't fight on any further. To Deady, this meant just about nothing, as she gleefully continued to rip and gnaw at her prey.

Now Tabuki started hurrying towards the battlefield, realizing that the battle was basically over, and that Deady...

"Done!" She barked, the second she was in hearing range, as the last opposition fell. Deady either hadn't heard, or had pretended not to, as she ripped another chunk of flesh free with her teeth."We're done here, I said! Drop her!"

Almost regretfully, Deady released her captive, who... for several minutes, simply flopped bonelessly onto the ground and bled, breathing laboriously. Then her gaze spun, locking on Tabuki... and for just a moment, there was fire in those eyes, before she lurched, rolling over and quietly rising to her feet, then limping slowly away.

Tabuki got the feeling, even as her troops congratulated themselves on a job well done, that she'd be seeing that one again soon.

---

"UNKNOWN": trait gained- Battle Scarred. Unit has survived something that, by all rights, they really ought not to have, and in so doing has increased ability to continue surviving, both in enduring and in removing threats they may have to endure. +2 base hp, +2 base damage.

War Chest:
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
-'Squid' meat x1
5 silvers

New Scouting Reports:

Hell's Ancient Gate/Fire Chambers Entry.

Zombie Fairies x2 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Lingering Spirit x2 HP: 12. Damage estimation: 2-4
Melee Mook x2 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x2 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
*[Unknown] MM x1 HP: 12. Damage estimation:2-4


[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to DMB note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [ ] Come to think of it, what was that thing she dumped in the hellfires, and why?
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
-- [ ] 'That weird Miko'.
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [ ] Haggle. [Cha/Int]
--- [ ] Inspect for flaws. [Perception]
-- [ ] Announce your war plans. (write in details)
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
(From here down, if chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.)
- [ ] Beryl "Feary"
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
[ ] Look for a strange Miko in the city.

I'm a little impressed with that one melee mook. That is not at all an easy trait to get. Though, you had a 50% chance that it was going to be her you recruited, but oh well. Looks like you have your first recurring enemy, anon. Not as Planned.

Also, didn't look too hard, but 'zombie fairy on the attack' is not an easy sort of picture to find. Interwebs, really? Pic I ended up using is still more or less apt, I suppose.

>> No. 141828
File 130706086932.png - (19.13KB , 338x439 , Undergroundmap.png ) [iqdb]
141828
Assaulting FC passages

1.[G]Emerald
2.Deady
3.MMC
4.MMD
5.MMG
6.DMD
7.FFA
8.FFB

vs

1.ZF1
2.ZF2
3.ZF3
4(9).MM1
5(10).MM2

---

Neutral, T advantage.

Orders: Focus zombies.

EM-x
Deady-x
MMC-x
MMD-x
MMG-x
DMD-1d2=1 damage to (1d3=1) ZF1 (14hp)
FFA-1d3+2=4 damage to (1d3=2) ZF2 (11hp)
FFB-1d3+2=4 damage to (1d3=3) ZF3 (11hp)

ZF1-x
ZF2-x
ZF3-x
MM1-x
MM2-x

EM-1d4+1= 2 damage to (1d3=1) ZF1 (12hp)
Deady-1d2+3= 5 damage to (1d3=2) ZF2 (6hp)
Deady spits the dead flesh back out, looking unhappy.
MMC-1d2+1= 2 damage to (1d3=3) ZF3 (9hp)
MMD-1d2+1= 2 damage to (1d3=2) ZF2 (4hp)
MMG-1d2+1= 3 damage to (1d3=3) ZF3 (6hp)
DMD- 1d2=1 damage to (1d3=2) ZF2 (3hp)
FFA- 1d3+2=3 damage to (1d3=3) ZF3 (3hp)
FFB- 1d3+2=3 damage to (1d3=3) ZF3 (KO)

ZF1- 1d2+2=4 damage to (1d10=5) MMG (6hp)
Zombie fairy keeps hold of MMG, biting deep.
ZF2- 1d2+2=4 damage to (1d10=8) FFB (6hp)
Zombie fairy keeps hold of FFB, biting deep.
MM1- 1d2=2 damage to (1d8=7) FFA (8hp)
MM2- 1d2=1 damage to (1d8=2) Deady (14hp)

EM- 1d4+1=2 damage to (1d2=1) ZF1 (10hp)
Deady- 1d2+3=5 damage to ZF1 (5hp)
Deady spits the bad meat out, looking unhappy.
MMC-1d2+1=3 damage to (1d2=1) ZF1 (2hp)
MMD- 1d2+1=3 damage to (1d2=1) ZF1 (KO)
MMG- 1d2+1=3 damage to ZF2 (KO)
DMD- 1d2=2 damage to (1d2=1) MM1 (8hp)
FFA-1d3+2=3 damage to (1d2=2) MM2 (7hp)
FFB-1d3+2=3 damage to (1d2=2) MM2 (4hp)

MM1-1d2=2 damage to (1d8=7) FFA (6hp)
MM2-1d2=1 damage to (1d8=6) DMD (9hp)

EM- 1d4+1=2 damage to (1d2=2) MM2 (2hp)
Deady-1d2+3= 5 damage to (1d2=2) MM2 (KO)(-3hp)
Deady helps themselves.
MMC-1d2+1=3 damage to MM1 (5hp)
MMD-1d2+1=3 damage to MM1 (2hp)
MMG-1d2+1=2 damage to MM1 (KO)

Deady gets in one last bite.
Deady-1d2+3=5 damage to MM2 (-8hp)

Victory.
Territory Captured [FC passages]
MM2 is Greivously Wounded.
(-8/10, 1d10=9)
MM2 survives and drags herself slowly off the field of battle.
MM2 trait aquired: Battle Scarred.
Conscripted: DMH, MMJ
(1d100=53)
MM2 retreats from the territory.
Scouting: (IV) FC/OH Entry.
Emerald, Deady, MM C, D, G, DM D, FF A, B: +1 battle xp.

Bleak aura activation: (1d100=12)

>> No. 141843
>Though, you had a 50% chance that it was going to be her you recruited, but oh well. Looks like you have your first recurring enemy, anon. Not as Planned.

I raged. Specially considering she's defending the next target, instead of helping to capture it.

Also, dat scouting report. Thing will be ugly. Might need to see Yuugi first, find something for our fairies to use. But then again, there were 2 fairies doing nothing and now we have 1 more to use as needed (the other defends the passages), so who knows.

Need to think things over now. Have to visit Yuugi (barter and declare intentions; this might avoid confrontations with the oni there), see Mima, ask satori about the Miko. Need to expand again and make more drones.
>> No. 141863
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [x] 'That weird Miko'.

Nothing special in today's battle plans, so it's a good time for this.

>Hell's Ancient Gate/Fire Chambers Entry.

Uh, I don't like that name. It's not gonna open a new are map like the Tunnels Entrance, will it?

[x] Battle Plans
-[x] Sation Beryl/Feary, DMs F, G, H, and MM J at the Palace.
-[x] Station 1 MM at each territory to defend it, except the Palace (only MM J there). MM A, B, C, and D excluded. Station DM E at the last territory.
--[x] Attack SW Ancient City with Emerald, Deady, 3 MM and 1 DM. Concentrate on one Zombie first, then the other, and then the normal fairies.
--[x] Attack Tunnels III-2 with 2 FF, 3 DM and 1 MM. Focus on the Zombie Fairy, then the Cave Squid and then the normal fairies.

There. SW Ancient City is an strategic location. Not only it's a good chokepoint to defend, it's also protecting the Palace.

Stationed the fairies with less experience at the Place to work. These will be the "Drones", and will work any resources as necessary, since they will take longer the level up. We should have 4 MM and DM, 2 FF, Emerald and Deady free to attack.

The fairies attacking should be the ones with most experience and attack power.

I am betting a lot on Emerald and her bonus to attack. She and Deady have high HP and attack, and with 3 MM we could take down a Zombie in two turns, if not one hitting it.

Expanding inside the Tuneels because I didn't find the scouting report of Tunnels Entrance IX. I think there are resources at XXI, but we're not ready for the real war yet. Also, the attack force should have no problems with the FF going in too. The single MM will also serve as a temporary tanker, since meele units can't reach the DM units if the enemy also have meele in the fight. One turn is enough for the FF and DM to weaken the resistance greatly.

Next turn we go to Yuugi. We definetly need equipment now, it's getting harder and harder to expand.

[spoiler]Kahi, If I miscalculated again, feel free to take a Drone and have her defend any empty territory. If there aren't enough firies to attack, have you can also take a Drone to satisfy the numbers of fairies ttacking (Special Case: Feary should never engage if there are Undead units in the battlefield).
>> No. 141864
File 130710890049.png - (56.63KB , 1063x439 , I'm thick as fuck_ Sorry.png ) [iqdb]
141864
- [x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [x] Haggle. [Cha/Int]

Battle plans: I have a lot of questions before choosing what to do. As for the tunnels questions, I think it's fairy obvious that, if they don't have a line in the other side, they don't lead to anywhere and thus, can be considered safe to leave unattended areas (VIII to XII)
>> No. 141867
>>141864
>As for the tunnels questions, I think it's fairy obvious that, if they don't have a line in the other side, they don't lead to anywhere and thus, can be considered safe to leave unattended areas (VIII to XII)

I think you missed some posts. VIII opened a path towards Cirno's territories (see >>141676) and Kahi already stated that if a territory is left unattended, neutral fairies will respawn and conquer it, making us lose ground and every unit recruited from there (see >>141808).

Check >>141216 and >>141481 for the war rules and the answer for one of your questions.
>> No. 141868
>>141867
Thanks. That answered all my posts (There's no safe area, all tunnels with numbers lead to even more tunnels, Tabuki can participate in battles against enemy leaders but not against generals, the only resource-making in this area is the Yuugi's inn, etc)

Then my vote for combat will be the previously made post, it seems to have all things settled...

[x] Battle Plans
-[x] Sation Beryl/Feary, DMs F, G, H, and MM J at the Palace.
-[x] Station 1 MM at each territory to defend it, except the Palace (only MM J there). MM A, B, C, and D excluded. Station DM E at the last territory.
--[x] Attack SW Ancient City with Emerald, Deady, 3 MM and 1 DM. Concentrate on one Zombie first, then the other, and then the normal fairies.
--[x] Attack Tunnels III-2 with 2 FF, 3 DM and 1 MM. Focus on the Zombie Fairy, then the Cave Squid and then the normal fairies.
>> No. 141869
- [x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [x] Haggle. [Cha/Int]

Bandwagoning in the case of battle plans.
>> No. 141870
>>141863

I second this in it's entirity.
>> No. 141875
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but why are you guys voting for only one option concerning Yuugi? It shouldn't be hard to buy something and speak to her about the Fairy Wars at the same time.
>> No. 141895
File 130715032083.jpg - (142.73KB , 400x383 , Advice Orin.jpg ) [iqdb]
141895
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [x] 'That weird Miko'.

II

- [x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [x] Haggle. [Cha/Int]

II


WAR

[x] Battle Plans
-[x] Sation Beryl/Feary, DMs F, G, H, and MM J at the Palace.
-[x] Station 1 MM at each territory to defend it, except the Palace (only MM J there). MM A, B, C, and D excluded. Station DM E at the last territory.
--[x] Attack SW Ancient City with Emerald, Deady, 3 MM and 1 DM. Concentrate on one Zombie first, then the other, and then the normal fairies.
--[x] Attack Tunnels III-2 with 2 FF, 3 DM and 1 MM. Focus on the Zombie Fairy, then the Cave Squid and then the normal fairies.

IIII

---

Yeah, okay. I'm just going to go ahead and start rolling stuff now, that should take a little while. Next vote for either talky option wins it or I can just flip a coin to decide it. Whichever, y'know.
>> No. 141896
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [x] 'That weird Miko'.

Ok then, let's get started.
>> No. 141897
Also, goddammit, I really need to read the proposed plans before I actually try to make them work. Yeah, there's a miscount, you're attacking with one more DM than you should have available. Beryl is still a danmaku mook, despite that she now has a name.

Anyway, I'll just pull... hm, the one from emerald's group. Given that both she and deady are the heav-wait, nvm, original voter made qualifications for miscounts. It's fine, then. One less on palace duty.

But...

>serve as a temporary tanker, since meele units can't reach the DM units if the enemy also have meele in the fight.

Come again? That's not how it works. Melee units have to get close before they can attack, which is why they lose the first turn. Ranged just don't have to be that close before they can start shooting.
>> No. 141898
>>141897
>Come again? That's not how it works. Melee units have to get close before they can attack, which is why they lose the first turn. Ranged just don't have to be that close before they can start shooting.

Oh. I see.

Uh, well, the first turn should be even better then I planned, then. But I will keep that in mind, in the future.
>> No. 141901
Finally got around to finishing rolling. Will write sometime tomorrow, why am I still up, etc.

Will level with you, the whole tank thing? Not impossible. Fairies just aren't generally strategic or selfless enough to deliberately draw all the enemy fire they can, or take hits for teammates. So, they won't be doing it automatically, or anything. You can, of course, still order them to do something like that, but the fact remains that your current troops... well, really aren't built to take much in the way of punishment, to be honest. Except maybe Emerald, but not really her either.
>> No. 141922
File 130724322017.jpg - (369.57KB , 1000x940 , sato.jpg ) [iqdb]
141922
They were slow in returning to the palace, and Tabuki was locked in deep thought, already considering the next day's plans of attack. Dinner was a quick affair, after which she retired early, still thinking.

Even before she received the reports of the next territory, she had decided to advance in different directions, and the report proved this to have been a good call, as not only were there ever more numerous undead, as she had expected she would have to deal with, but that fairy, who had retreated before, was now known to be in the area. She could still take the area, she supposed, but she would be more comfortable trying if she had more numbers at her call first. Nitori wouldn't wait forever, she understood, but another day or two probably wouldn't hurt.

"You, you two... and you." She decided upon. "You have palace duties today. The rest of you, I have two attacks planned."

She divided her forces into two, roughly even groups, and issued their orders, being sure to clarify this time that she wanted them to focus on a single opponent at a time, before she sent them on their way.

Now... yes, now she had some free time. It would be a good time to speak to Satori.

She wasn't in the library when she arrived. It wasn't really a big deal, she understood that her schedule had some huge variances in it, but she would always arrive here eventually. So she waited, patiently.

After some time, she was rewarded as Satori entered, idly flipping through a book.


"Miss Satori?" Tabuki called out.

"Hm? Have you come to use the.... Oh, I see." Satori frowned, having immediately discerned the reason for the visit from her thoughts. "Hm. I suppose curiosity is a noted aspect of feline behavior... but you haven't gone looking into the matter personally, I see?"

"Not yet." Tabuki freely admitted. "There have been other things on my mind as well, and I decided it would be prudent to speak with you first."

"A simple, direct question. Orin might do well to follow your example, rather than edge about things in clandestine fashions. She's correct, I have not spoken of her with either of them. But neither have they asked." She explained seriously. "In any case..."

Satori paused, as though considering what she knew and how to put it.

"The Miko's name is Sakura." She decided upon, finally. "She claims to be a servant of the Yatagarasu... and from what I can tell, her thoughts confirm this. There is, of course, the stumbling block that the Yatagarasu itself is long dead, but she claims to desire to raise a new shrine, and set Okuu up as a new Yatagarasu, eventually to ascend to the godhood of her predecessor."

".... Huh." Tabuki replied.

"Yes, quite. In any case, there are three reasons I regularly deny any meeting to be set up. First, I am... uncertain of how Okuu would deal with becoming a godess in and of her own right, rather than simply utilizing the power of a dead and consumed god. I...do not believe that she is prepared for such a thing, as it would amplify the power she currently has, and considering the response that she had to a previous power amplification... I simply believe it unwise, for some time yet. Second, one must consider the requirements of Gods, that of belief, their sustenance, and how the Gods of the mountain above, who gifted her with this power in the first place, might respond to her sudden ascension, becoming one more drain upon a limited pool of resources. I fear they may consider her a threat which outweighs the uses they have for her... and after all, they have already gifted power through the remains of a dead god once before. There is no reason to presume that they would not at least consider the option of doing so again." Satori said, pragmatically.

"That's... I understand the second point well enough, but isn't the first a bit harsh on Okuu?"

"For a time, she went utterly mad with the power." Satori countered simply. "And rather than bring it to my attention, Orin went about fixing the problem on her own, through clandestine means that, had they failed, might have resulted in the destruction of the treaty with the surface. In the best scenario. Worse scenarios would involve regularly increasing degrees of simple destruction, and had she simply reported the issue, I have enough connections that I could have...."

Satori paused, and rubbed idly at her temple.

"But forgive me, I'm sure you aren't interested in old household issues that have long since been resolved. In any case, the third reason is... well, rather more personal, and foolish. It's simply that, for whatever reason, reading Sakura's mind is... tricky. There are large segments of information that is... blurred, or distorted, or simply removed. I believe, given what i can infer from the state of her mind, that she has been brainwashed, either by an outside source, or of her own volition, to prevent her from revealing things that she simply no longer knows herself." Satori said, seriously. "There are other explanations, of course, but most of them boil down to some form of insanity, and are significantly less likely. And... I suppose it may well be childish of me, as logically I can understand it well enough whether or not I approve, but I simply find it... difficult to trust a person who's mind is closed to me. For various reasons."

An unusual look fell over Satori's face for a few moments, even as Tabuki considered the garnered information.

"Of course, I cannot really forbid you from relaying this to Orin, and would not in any case, despite you having some stake in it due to her maneuverings. After all, I have told you nothing I would not have told her myself, had she asked it of me. And... perhaps I am wrong, and simply worry too much for my pets. That may well be. Still, I would request that you consider my point of view. And... I will note, you still haven't used those papers I've written for you? I had been under the impression... well, they'll keep. Still, if you've reconsidered your options, far be it from me to dissuade you."

Satori wordlessly set her book aside, and selected another one from the shelves.

"That is all. If you would excuse me, now, I believe I shall retire early."

----

Tabuki was still musing over what she had learned much later, as her troops filed slowly into the war room, bringing stories of victory and another squid carcass claimed. A second Deady had trailed in after the first, she noted absently, mind still elsewhere as she collected reports of the battles and new conscriptions. Some of the fairies, including Emerald, made a point of noting that they felt they were 'getting better at this', in some way, having learned from their previous battles. She supposed that could well be the case.

She left to bed after that, only pausing to deliver a preliminary set of warnings and instructions to what she was already considering 'Deady Mk. II'.

War Chest:
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
-'Squid' meat x2
9 silvers

New Scouting Reports:

West tunnels fork

Zombie Fairies x2 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Cave Squid x1 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3

South Tunnels Fork

Zombie Fairies x3 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Melee Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2

Tunnels III-3

Zombie Fairies x1 HP: 15. Damage estimation: 3-4
Danmaku Mook x1 HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2
Cave Squid x3 HP 10. Damage Estimation 2-3


[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [ ] Come to think of it, what was that thing she dumped in the hellfires, and why?
-- [ ] Report what you've learned.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [ ] Haggle. [Cha/Int]
--- [ ] Inspect for flaws. [Perception]
-- [ ] Announce your war plans. (write in details)
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
(From here down, if chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.)
- [ ] Beryl "Feary"
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.

Influence update time, since I keep forgetting, and I don't feel like putting it in a separate post. Satori's still at 68, Rin's down to 61, Emerald's still at 92. Okuu, by contrast, is up to 69, and Nitori's right at 60.
>> No. 141923
File 130724337926.png - (8.93KB , 347x514 , TunnelsIIIMap.png ) [iqdb]
141923
Battle 1, assaulting SW City

1.[G]Emerald
2.Deady
3.MMB
4.MMC
5.MMD
6.DMF

vs

1.ZF1
2.ZF2
3(7).DM

---

T advantage

Orders: Focus fire, single target, Z-Z-DM

Em-x
Deady-x
MMB-x
MMC-x
MMD-x
DMF-1d2= 2 damage to (1d2=2) ZF2 (13hp)

ZF1-x
ZF2-x
DM-1d2=2 damage to (1d6=2) Deady (13hp)

Em- 1d4+1=5 damage to ZF2 (8 hp)
Deady-1d2+3=4 damage to ZF2 (4hp)
Deady is disinterested in the flavor.
MMB-1d2+1=2 damage to ZF2(2hp)
MMC-1d2+1=2 damage to ZF2 (KO)
MMD-1d2+1=2 damage to ZF1 (13hp)
DMF-1d2=2 damage to ZF1 (11hp)

ZF1-1d2+2=3 damage to (1d7=7) DM (7hp)
ZF1 bites down deep, ignoring 'sides'.
DM- 1d2=1 damage to ZF1 (10hp)

Em-1d4+1=5 damage to ZF1 (5hp)
Deady-1d2+3=5 damage to ZF1 (KO)
Deady stares longingly at DM
MMB-1d2+1=2 damage to DM (5hp)
MMC-1d2+1=3 damage to DM (2hp)
MMD- 1d2+1=3 damage to DM (KO)

Deady is disappointed with this battle.

Victory.
Territory captured [SW City]
Conscripted: DMI, MMK
Scouting: West Tunnel Fork, South Tunnel Fork.
Emerald, Deady, MM B, C, D, and DM F: +1 battle xp.
Emerald, MM C, D, battle xp = 5.
Rank Up, Conscript -> Average.
HP multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.5, Attack +1

Bleak Aura activation (1d100=8)
Conscripted: Zombie Fairy B

---

Battle 2, assaulting Tunnels III-2

1.FFA
2.FFB
3.DMA
4.DMC
5.DMD
6.MMA

vs

1.ZF
2(7).MM
3(8).DM
4(9).CS

---

T advantage

Orders: Focus Fire Z-CS-M/DM

FFA-1d3+2=3 damage to ZF(12hp)
FFB-1d3+2=5 damage to ZF(7hp)
DMA-1d2=1 damage to ZF (6hp)
DMC-1d2=1 damage to ZF (5hp)
DMD-1d2=2 damage to ZF (2hp)
MMA-x

ZF-x
MM-x
DM-1d2=1 damage to (1d6=3) DMA (9hp)
CS-x

FFA-1d3+2=5 damage to ZF (KO)
FFB-1d3+2=3 damage to CS (7hp)
DMA-1d2=1 damage to CS (6hp)
DMC-1d2=2 damage to CS (4hp)
DMD-1d2=1 damage to CS (3hp)
MMA-1d2= 2damage to CS (1hp)

MM-1d2=2 damage to (1d6=3) DMA (7hp)
DM-1d2=2 damage to (1d6=5) DMD (8hp)
CS- 1d2+1=3 damage to (1d6=4) DMC (7hp)
CS's tongues grip firmly.
CS attempts to swallow DMC (hp=7/10, 1d10=4) But fails.

FFA-1d3+2=3 damage to CS (KO)
FFB-1d3+2=5 damage to (1d2=1) MM (5hp)
DMA-1d2=1 damage to MM (4hp)
DMC-1d2=1 damage to MM (3hp)
DMD-1d2=1 damage to MM(2hp)
MMA-1d2=2 damage to MM (KO)

DM-1d2=1 damage to (1d6=6) MMA (9hp)

FFA-1d3+2=4 damage to DM (6hp)
FFB-1d3+2=3 damage to DM (3hp)
DMA-1d2=2 damage to DM (1hp)
DMC-1d2=1 damage to DM (KO)

Victory.
Territory captured [TIII-2]
Item collected: Tasty 'Squid' meat x1
Conscripted: DMJ, MML
FF A, B, DM A, C, D, MM A: +1 battle xp.
DMD: battle xp=5.
Rank Up: Conscript -> Average.
HP multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.5, Attack +1
Scouting: Tunnels III-3

Bleak Aura activation (1d100=58)

>> No. 141924
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [ ] Haggle. [Cha/Int]
-- [x] Announce your war plans.
--- [x] Explain the rules and meaning of the war. It would be appreciated if Yuugi and the other oni did not get involved during this invasion, though they are welcome to help us if they so desire.
--- [x] If Yuugi is also being harassed by the fairies like the kappa are, having control over this territory would help to decrease the harassment, if no completely null it.
--- [x] Also, Trade! Yuugi may profit from this war/game.

[x] War Plans
-[x] Station one DM at the recently conquered territories. (DMs recruited from them)
-[x] Station MML at the Place, for maximum production.
-[x] No attack shall be executed before given a clear signal, after Tabby's meeting with Yuugi.
--[x] If Yuugi and the other oni don't get involved:
---[x] Emerald, both zombie fairies,and MMs A, B, C, D, invade Yuugi's Bar and Grill area. Lure the enemy fairies as far as possible from any oni property and engage them safely away from the oni. Each Deady can take on a single enemy of their choice, Emerald and th MM focus on the others.
---[x] Both FF, DMs A, C, D, and any unstationed fairy left with no militar assignment attack Passage to Tunnels IV. Again, focus on the zombies, then fire at will.
--[x] If Yuugi and the oni decide to interfere:
---[x] Take both attack groups mentioned and proceed to take Troll's Bridge. If Parsee interefes, Tabuki should engage her, using gravity magic to debilitate Parsee and attacking her more safely. Any ranged unit should also focus on Parsee. Meele units fight enemy's ranged fairies before attacking Parsee.

I think Yuugi is a laidback person enough to not care about the fairies playing outside, as long as it doesn't cause much trouble. If we talk to her, it may eliminate any chance of interference from the oni.

Can't postpone this for much. Need to sell the spoils before they lose value, and see if Yuugi has some kind of equipment to sell (Weapons? In Yuugi's Bar and Grill? It may be more likely than you think!)

I'm starting to overthink things. Need to take one turn at a time.

>Deady is disinterested in the flavor.
>Deady is disappointed with this battle.

Does this have bad consequences if repeated? TO keep the Zombie Fairies in the army, we need to feed them our foes and keep them happy?

>HP multiplier: 1.0 -> 1.5, Attack +1

Attack +1 I understand, but what does the HP multiplier do? Are my fairies with 15 hp now?
>> No. 141927
File 130725021669.jpg - (134.72KB , 400x299 , advice Yuugi.jpg ) [iqdb]
141927
>Yuugi's bar.

Pic related? Well, maybe. You'll find out.

>Zombies.

They want to eat tasty meat. Dead-walking meat isn't tasty. You'll have noticed, though, that they aren't good at stopping, once they've sunk their teeth into something. You don't need to let them eat opponents, they're stuck with you at this point, and vice versa, they'll just be all sulky and morose if you force them to focus on things they don't want to eat.

>Multiplier

Brief explanation of Ranks! Yes. ('K, very brief). Conscript rank is the bare basics, and as they gain experience they improve. Those fairies do have 15hp now. Emerald has... uh, thirty something. 37, rounding down for the half-point.

Neutrals are always conscript-rank, but I wouldn't expect another army to ever actually field anything lower than 'average'.
>> No. 141929
File 130726090648.jpg - (332.29KB , 920x720 , 6dfe8d2f4dde0dfa032ba53442f41b0e.jpg ) [iqdb]
141929
I don't usually vote, but I had to save us from that 'Attack Yugi's bar' madness.

[x] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [x] Haggle. [Cha/Int]
[x] War Plans
-[x] Station 5 fairies in Palace (MMs F, G, H & DMs B, F) for maximum production.
-[x] Station fairies in each of the 8 conquered territories (MM I J K L DM G H I J)
-[x] Attack South Tunnels Fork (Emerald, MM A B C D FF A) Orders: Concentrate fire (attack one individual until it dies, then move on to the next) Priorities: Zombie Fairies, MM, DM.
-[x] Attack West Tunnels Fork. (ZF A, B DM A C D E FF B) Orders: Concentrate fire (attack one individual until it dies, then move on to the next) Priorities: Zombie Fairies, Cave Squid, DM, MM.
>> No. 141930
File 130726112772.jpg - (134.77KB , 600x600 , 1306787745992.jpg ) [iqdb]
141930
These are my notes, please correct any mistake:

Avaiable units and their experience as per last recount plus last battle (different in exp and numbers from the sum of all battles, unknown reasons (writer error?) Example: DMH conscripted on 141676 and 141828, counted once.
Emerald 3
MM A 3 B 3 C 5 D 5 E 1 F G 1 H I J K L
DM A 3 B 0 (status: fear) C 2 D 3 E 2 F G H I J
ZF A 1 B
FF A B 1

Conquered territories: Tunnels III entrance. Tunnels III-2. FC entrace. AC NW AC NE AC SE AC SW AC FNE (Total: 8)

Question: Is 'Quit battle and return to base if HP lower than 3' a possible order?
>> No. 141935
>>141930
>Question: Is 'Quit battle and return to base if HP lower than 3' a possible order?

Fairies start every turn fully recovered. WHy would not use them to the max?
>>141929
>I don't usually vote, but I had to save us from that 'Attack Yugi's bar' madness.

I think that's why this option exists:
>[ ] Announce your war plans.
>> No. 141939
>>141935
>Fairies start every turn fully recovered. WHy would not use them to the max?
I think they lose all experience when they die, but I was actually thinking about zombies chewing 'em up. We don't need another feary.
>> No. 141940
[x]>>141924

I just hope you are right. But no risk, no gain.
>> No. 141941
>>141940

Won't you please think of the fairies?!
>> No. 141942
>>141941

But Deadies can't die again.
>> No. 141963
[x] >>141929
Attacking Yuugi is madness.
>> No. 141965
[x] >>141924

There is nothing to be afraid of. If that plan works out, there won't be any danger.
>> No. 141969
[x] >>141929
>> No. 141973
>>141929
>>141963
>Attacking Yuugi is madness.

Dudes, it's not Yuugi who we will be attacking. This war is between fairies, and even though other can end up getting caught in between the fight, the oni are too strong and thought capable to stay away. All we need to do to avoid them getting in the fray is to talk to them.

Why else would this option exist?
>-- [x] Announce your war plans.

And also, even if Yuugi and the other oni refuse to stay uninvolveld, >>141924 has a back-up plan:
>--[x] If Yuugi and the oni decide to interfere:
>---[x] Take both attack groups mentioned and proceed to take Troll's Bridge. If Parsee interefes, Tabuki should engage her, using gravity magic to debilitate Parsee and attacking her more safely. Any ranged unit should also focus on Parsee. Meele units fight enemy's ranged fairies before attacking Parsee.
>> No. 141975
>>141973
Are you actually expecting an Oni to give up a chance to fight? That's kind of naive, you know?
Besides, if they aren't going to fight to defend that territory, why would they appear in the list of opponents?
>> No. 141981
>>141975
>Are you actually expecting an Oni to give up a chance to fight?

A fight against...fairies? Really?

>Besides, if they aren't going to fight to defend that territory, why would they appear in the list of opponents?

Because there is a chance for them to get involved? That doesn't mean they will, or want to.
>> No. 141987
You know, now that I'm thinking this again, there may be a tiny, very tiny chance that the oni will get interessed in the war if we talk about that with them.

But of course, that is a very little posibility.
>> No. 141990
File 13073953036.jpg - (170.54KB , 400x515 , Advice Gabriel.jpg ) [iqdb]
141990
Well, I'm just going to assume that everyone who quoted a post is voting for that vote. Let's see...

[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [ ] Haggle. [Cha/Int]
-- [x] Announce your war plans.
--- [x] Explain the rules and meaning of the war. It would be appreciated if Yuugi and the other oni did not get involved during this invasion, though they are welcome to help us if they so desire.
--- [x] If Yuugi is also being harassed by the fairies like the kappa are, having control over this territory would help to decrease the harassment, if no completely null it.
--- [x] Also, Trade! Yuugi may profit from this war/game.

III

[x] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss merchandise, prices.
--- [x] Haggle. [Cha/Int]

III


War

[x] War Plans
-[x] Station one DM at the recently conquered territories. (DMs recruited from them)
-[x] Station MML at the Place, for maximum production.
-[x] No attack shall be executed before given a clear signal, after Tabby's meeting with Yuugi.
--[x] If Yuugi and the other oni don't get involved:
---[x] Emerald, both zombie fairies,and MMs A, B, C, D, invade Yuugi's Bar and Grill area. Lure the enemy fairies as far as possible from any oni property and engage them safely away from the oni. Each Deady can take on a single enemy of their choice, Emerald and th MM focus on the others.
---[x] Both FF, DMs A, C, D, and any unstationed fairy left with no militar assignment attack Passage to Tunnels IV. Again, focus on the zombies, then fire at will.
--[x] If Yuugi and the oni decide to interfere:
---[x] Take both attack groups mentioned and proceed to take Troll's Bridge. If Parsee interefes, Tabuki should engage her, using gravity magic to debilitate Parsee and attacking her more safely. Any ranged unit should also focus on Parsee. Meele units fight enemy's ranged fairies before attacking Parsee.

III

[x] War Plans
-[x] Station 5 fairies in Palace (MMs F, G, H & DMs B, F) for maximum production.
-[x] Station fairies in each of the 8 conquered territories (MM I J K L DM G H I J)
-[x] Attack South Tunnels Fork (Emerald, MM A B C D FF A) Orders: Concentrate fire (attack one individual until it dies, then move on to the next) Priorities: Zombie Fairies, MM, DM.
-[x] Attack West Tunnels Fork. (ZF A, B DM A C D E FF B) Orders: Concentrate fire (attack one individual until it dies, then move on to the next) Priorities: Zombie Fairies, Cave Squid, DM, MM.

III

What. The... Ties. Always ties. Whatever. Anyway, feel free to keep voting until tomorrow then, I guess, can't really write today because study for test tomorrow, and all.

Moving right along:

>>141930

We're both wrong, I'm afraid. I'm not sure how my xp notes got screwed up, but I recounted all of it for everyone, and no less than six fairies had more xp listed than they had gained, the lovable little cheaters, and it had been wrong since before I posted the previous tally. Accurate recount here:

Emerald: 5
MM A3 B3 C4 D5 E1 F- G1 H- I- J- K- L-
DM A3 B- C2 D5 E1 F1 G- H- I- J-
FF A2 B2
ZF A2 B-

MMC loses a rank, but one more battle will get it back, no problem. Aside from that, you haven't conquered the FC entrance, just the passages leading to it, you still need to storm the hellgates. Also:

>9. Battles are turn-based, one side will make their attack, then the other side, alternating until one side is routed entirely or is damaged enough that they retreat from the field of battle. Melee soldiers need a moment to get up-close and personal, and so cannot attack on the first turn. All strategy for the battle should be determined well in advance, as Tabuki will generally not directly participate. In general, however, this simply boils down to 'priority of targets' and 'when to retreat, if at all'.

Yeah, you can totally throw in a qualifier like: 'if your health drops too low, get the hell out of dodge'. Note, though, that this may or may not actually be possible, as if you're pinned to the ground with a zombie chewing on you, or if something has swallowed you whole, it's pretty hard to run away. They don't actually lose xp when they ko/die, they just don't gain any for that battle. Though, if you're trying to avoid them getting bad traits, running away is a plan, anyway.

Deadies can die again. In fact, instead of getting knocked out like normal fairies, they just keep fighting right up until they croak, so for them KO=autodeath. But like any other fairy, they still respawn, so it's all good.

Also, I'll point out the Leadership benefits from way back in last thread, since it looks like everyone's forgotten about them. The speech is a long shot, I'll admit, but I don't roll 'advanced strategizing' automatically. You do have the votes, but it's a mechanics thing. If you don't specifically say that you're rolling for extra hp in a given battle, it won't happen. Just pointing that out.
>> No. 141991
[x]>>141924

It's not really a quote Kahi, it's just an easier way than copy+paste. And uses less space too.
>> No. 142024
File 130746251321.png - (3.09KB , 169x192 , charoll.png ) [iqdb]
142024
Test done

vs Int- 7, vs cha- .... bullshit. 1. Writing now.
>> No. 142026
>>142024
Massive failure. This bodes well.
>> No. 142027
>>142026

Failure for who? Rolling the same stat's number or less means a success.
>> No. 142028
Quite the reverse. 1 was the only roll you could possibly make to succeed. Critical success, against a 90% chance of outright failure.
>> No. 142031
File 130747187574.jpg - (241.17KB , 850x647 , sample_d5fbf791908e554fb292114f67d23d26a3bcce0a.jpg ) [iqdb]
142031
"Alright, new girl, you're on Palace duties." Tabuki decided the next morning. "They'll show you the ropes, work hard. The rest of you will have to wait a bit for your assignments, I have to chat with Yuugi before any moves are made."

"We're fighting.... Yuugi, today?" Emerald asked, in an uncertain, sort of hesitant tone.

"Maybe. That depends on how the talks go." Tabuki admitted. "Though part of it is that I need to sell those squid, and she might be a buyer..."

"... Well, however it turns out, we'll do our best." Emerald decided, a quick glance around outright daring any of the other fairies to say otherwise. Some shuffled awkwardly in place, but none spoke up.

Tabuki was pretty sure that couldn't really be considered a good thing.

---

The bar was... loud, was the first word that came to mind. A few Oni, naturally eager to guzzle down what seemed like it had to be their own body weight in steaming, bubbling green liquid, and a number of giggly fairies doing much the same. There were also, she spied, a few nondescript youkai quietly nursing their own drinks and meals in out of the way corners, unlikely to get involved in anything that might start up. The barwoman was a tall and physically imposing oni with a single red horn, marked with a small, five pointed yellow star.

"Welcome, come on in. What can I do you for?" She called cheerily, on spying the newcomer. "House special, mushroom ale? Or maybe something a little harder?"

"I'd like to talk business first, and would prefer a clear head for it. Afterward, maybe?"

"Sure, sure, I get how fast you little ones get muddle-headed. Business, huh? Shoot, then." Yuugi agreed, seeming slightly disappointed but understanding.

"I have recently... embarked on a venture, of sorts, which leaves me in command of a number of fairies, and in the process has left me with a small quantity of.... 'cave squid' meat, with promise of more to come in the near future." Tabuki began, drawing on faded background memories to guide her. "Currently, I'm looking for a buyer."

"Uhuh, and you came here? Good call. I do have a bunch of dishes I can make with that, assuming the markets are in stock. Even if they aren't, I can send someone out hunting, but that gets a little pricey. But, hm... if you're going to be out in the tunnels doing whatever anyway, then you don't need to be payed the little something extra to make it worth it for those bums to get out there. What size did you say these squid were, again? Not trying to dump fingerlings off on me, I hope, unless you've got entire crates full." Yuugi said casually, her eyes glinting with sudden mercantile interest.

"The size of an average dog." Tabuki countered, having confirmed through a quick stop at the kitchens that this estimate was accurate. "There is a full standard unit's worth of meat on each of them."

"Hoo... that is more promising. Well then, how would you feel about handing them off for two silvers each?" Yuugi offered.

"Daylight robbery." Tabuki countered instantly. "I know full well that you pay those 'bums', as it were, six silvers per head when sent out."

"Heh... You caught me." Yuugi admitted without an ounce of remorse. "But like I said, you're going to be out there anyway, and you're probably going to end up having to kill them whether or not you're getting paid for it. I'll go up to three silvers per head, though."

"That's where you aren't quite correct." Tabuki drawled idly. "Some of my business is, indeed, in tunnels crawling with cave squid. Not all of it, however. There is nothing stopping me from, for example, putting that portion of my endeavors on temporary hold for a while, focusing elsewhere, and waiting for your current stock to run dry enough for you to send someone out... effectively clearing the tunnels for me at no cost or risk to myself. I'll go down five silvers apiece, however."

Yuugi slammed an arm down on the counter beside Tabuki, suddenly and without warning, with enough force that Tabuki was certain she'd have been crushed like a bug if it had landed on her. Her short life had just flashed before her eyes, but she managed to conceal it and remain still, in a facade of apathetic disinterest.

"You... got guts, kiddo, to dictate terms at one of the Deva's." Yuugi said dangerously. "You sure you don't want to just take three silvers a head, and call it lucky?"

"And are you sure, Yuugi Hoshiguma, that such threats won't instead drive me to simply burn the carcasses of the beasts where they fall, robbing you of any profit you might have had of them at all?" Tabuki warned in turn, wondering how her knees hadn't given out on her. "Or simply leave them to rot, if I didn't feel like expending even that much energy? It would be much less troublesome on my part..."

Yuugi blinked, then erupted in laughter.

"You do have a spine, don't ya! I like that. Tell you what, I'll cut you a deal. Four silvers per squid. That's as high as I'll go, we're still both profiting, and you can take it or leave it."

"... Four silvers, then." Tabuki agreed. On to other business, what do you sell here?

Yuugi's eyes flashed, and she leaned forward as the second round of haggling began. Prices for food turned out to be non-negotiable, but she had been able to sway the Oni on special rates for her various alcohols. Tabuki wasn't convinced that now was the right time to buy anything, of course, but she made a note of the prices and tucked them away.

Then she moved on to her second topic of discussion. War business. Yuugi was intrigued by the concept, and as explanations ran on, Tabuki quickly lost hope of talking her and the oni in the bar out of participating in the battles.

"So you'll probably be hitting here, sooner or later, then?" Yuugi said, eagerness undisguised. "Heh, but if your grunts are just picking up the basics of how to fight, you have no chance." She smugly finished. "I'll make you a deal, though. If you want, we can have two separate fights here. You and me, and your little troopers against the rest! If you win either, then you can count it as your total victory."

"Confident..." Tabuki said dryly, considering the offer.

"I got reason to be." Yuugi replied, the very essence of smugness. "Entirely aside from that, though, I'm guessing you haven't found anywhere to get properly outfitted or anything? Not sure anyone actually makes a living catering to fairy-size weapons and armor... but now I think about it, I might know a few places where you can find stuff to suit the purpose." She mused.

Then she smirked.

"I'll even draw you a map to 'em, just twenty silvers. Or free, if you can take this place today. Or you can just stumble around the city like a lost little duckling, or hope one of your fairies found one of the places before and remembers how to get to it. Wouldn't hold my breath, either way."

Tabuki considered the options carefully.

---

War Chest update:

- 'squid' meat x2
+ 8 silvers
=17 silvers.

Yuugi Wares

Mushroom Ale- Cheap drunkenness, how lovely. May be mildly hallucinogenic.
Bottle: 5 3 silvers per bottle, individually sealed for storage and transport.
Cask: 30 20 silvers. Sealed for storage and transport.

Spidersilk wine- made with spider venom, strained through real spider silk! Follow recommended serving size, overdoses may be hazardous to your health, side-effects can include nausea, diarrhea, migraines, blindness, stroke, extended coma, heart attacks, and instant death.
Bottle: 50
40 silvers per bottle, individually sealed for storage and transport.
Cask: [s]300
250 silvers. Sealed for storage and transport.[/i]

The war-

[ ] Continue as planned, withdraw from the area now that you have confirmation the Oni won't be keeping out of things and move on to plan B.
[ ] Change of plans, fight the two battles as Yuugi suggested. (Update strategies, troop deployment, or use previous plans?)
[ ] Confound it all, full steam ahead! Fight alongside your troops, against both Yuugi and the rest at the same time. (Update plans Y/N?)
>> No. 142034
>>142028
This was the only way for the choice to go right? Holy fuck, we sure got lucky.
>> No. 142036
>>142034

No, you'd passed the int already, so you would have gotten at least three silvers per squid. But if you'd failed the Cha roll, which you realistically probably should have, you would have freaked out and fallen on your ass, bone white, when Yuugi switched to intimidation-mode, and wouldn't have been able to bump it up to four, like you did.

Also, the wares she offers would have been slightly more expensive for you than current pricing. Not as much as the base price, though. Somewhere in between.
>> No. 142037
[x] Continue as planned, withdraw from the area now that you have confirmation the Oni won't be keeping out of things and move on to plan B.
Not sure why you make an update with only one choice, but sure, let's roll with it. Although... what is plan B?
By the way, that's a nice Yuugi you have there.
>> No. 142038
Plan B: Take all the free people, attack Parsee at the bridge, instead. That about sums it up.
>> No. 142039
>>142038
Well, it's 12 fairies vs 12 fairies so in that aspect it's pretty much even. We have zombies, FF and our MM get bonus, but since they're all DM fairies they get a free shot at us in the first round...

Of course, Parsee can probably wipe the floor with an amateur and a fairy so we're pretty much screwed against the leader. I just hope that something happens like... I dunno, a meteor coming down on her head or something.

Whatever happens, I'm sure you'll do the fight justice.
>> No. 142043
Oh, right. Couple things I forgot to mention.

1. If you don't attack Yuugi's bar today, then the option to split the battles doesn't go away, you can still take her up on it at any time. You'll have to pay for the map to the other Underground City shops, though, the bet is only for if you can conquer the bar today. Also, she may or may not get disappointed about you getting her all interested and leaving her high and dry immediately afterward.

2. If you split up the battles, in Yuugi's bar, then your troops don't get Tabby's leadership bonus (currently +1 damage and +5 health to every fielded soldier and general.) On the other hand, Yuugi's side doesn't get any bonuses from her either, because she's not actually in the battle. Give and take. Of course, this also means Tabby will have to face up against Yuugi solo, but one step at a time, and all.

Well, it could still go any direction at this point, but details should help, possibly.
>> No. 142047
>>142043

See, I had developed this strategy. Now I need to rethink it.

>On the other hand, Yuugi's side doesn't get any bonuses from her either, because she's not actually in the battle. Give and take. Of course, this also means Tabby will have to face up against Yuugi solo, but one step at a time, and all.

Just for confirmation, that means the regular oni will be fighting after all? If Tabuki does not show up, neither will Yuugi? And what if Tabuki shows up, but does not participate, will Yuugi join the fight?

Hmm, it might be possible to defeat regular oni, without the bonus from Yuugi. Just need to focus on one at a time.
>> No. 142048
>>142047
This is the strategy I had in mind:

[x] Change of plans, fight the two battles as Yuugi suggested. (Update plans)
-[x] Tabuki: Leadership trait - devise strategy.
-[x] Bring both teams and everybody who is free. Have stationed only Feary at the palace, the other 4 fairies will fight too.
--[1] Avoid oni. Lure the enemy fairies away if needed. If not, engage them carefully.
--[2] If an oni sides with the enemy fairies and attacks only Tabuki and/or her troops, have everyone focus on the oni and take it out ASAP.
--[3] If the oni is attacking anyone near, avoid proximity with it and try to use him against the enemy fairies. Cease combat with the fairies being attacked by him, and ranged units should focus on the other fairies, while meele units stand back and protect the range units.

[x] In case of Leader involvemnt and Tabuki may enter the battle:
-[1] Against oni:
--[1.1] Use of gravity magic to debilitate any oni that actively attack her or the troops.
--[1.2] Fire magic to fight targets from a distance, only if the oni has openly opposed the troops/Tabby. If the oni is just hitting anything near, perform according to the previous tatics.
-[2] Against fairies:
--[2.1] Use of gravity magic to protect the troops
--[2.2] Use of Fire magic to weaken the enemy so it's easier for the troops to defeat them.


Yeah, had to delete previous posts because I hadn't actually planned on splitting them up and had to re-edit everyting.
>> No. 142049
>>142047
The Oni? Without Yuugi and with Emerald we might have a chance, I agree. The Oni plus their 8 danmaku mooks? Not a chance in hell.
Don't take me wrong, under these conditions (No Yuugi) the battle will be winnable... once we get better equipment and higher levels.
As we are now, I'm not sure we can even take Parsee's brige.
>> No. 142050
>>124047

Yes, the Oni are definitely going to pitch in if there's a fight in, outside, around, above, or anywhere in the general vicinity of their drunking hole. The way the split-battle works is this, just to make it perfectly clear:

1. Tabuki takes a bunch of soldiers to Yuugi's bar.

2. Tabuki's soldiers and everyone in the bar that's going to fight and isn't named Yuugi throw down. They don't get bonuses from Tabuki or Yuugi.

3. That done, Tabuki and Yuugi go up against each other, with no backup or support. Even if Tabuki's army has won, there will be no avoiding this.

4. If Tabuki's army wins in step 2, or if Tabuki beats Yuugi in step 3, then all Yuugi's base are belong to Tabby, more or less, and you'll have all the benefits of having conquered the bar.

I hope that helps.
>> No. 142051
>>140249

What Danmaku Mooks, now? I advise you reread the scouting report.
>> No. 142053
>>142050

Thanks Kahi, that helps a lot. I'm now making the math to see if fighting the oni with Yuugi's bonus is possible or not. Need to recount the number of fairies again, it's time to update my own notes about this story.

Also, I actually skpped the part where Yuugi proposed the two fights. Had to re-read the update, but I'm even more confident now.
>> No. 142054
>>142050

I have a question, one I should have asked after >>141990. This may be my weak english's faut, but could you explain again how Death/KOs work for Deady again? When she loses all of her HP, her body continues to deal damage to the enemy until the enemy falls, or is the enemy instantly defeated together with her? Or did you mean they actually die for real, but manage to come back because they are also fairies?
>> No. 142056
>>142054

HP mechanics.

Base conscript-rank mooks have 10 hp. When they are reduced to 0, they are KO'd, and can no longer fight. Generally, this is where it stops (but not always), and the fairy is in no real danger, they're just bruised, battered, exhausted, and just plain can't keep on fighting, they need to sit down, etc. However, there are situations where it goes lower, say if they're getting mauled by a zombie fairy, or got swallowed by something and are taking the crushing and whatnot damage of being in something's stomach every round. At this point, the fairy is in danger of death, with increasing severity depending on how far below zero it goes. If it hits -10, the mook will just die right there. This holds true for almost all soldier units, only replace '10' with whatever their max hp is, and if they aren't a fairy or otherwise immortal, they risk dying permanently.

Zombie fairies, however, do not know pain or exhaustion. It is an entirely foreign concept to them, and they will keep fighting right up to the point where they die and have to respawn. On the other hand, their bodies, being composed of dead, slightly decaying meat, are actually a little frailer, so they only get 15hp until they go down.

So, it breaks down like this.

HP damage until they can no longer fight-
Mook: 10 Zombie: 15

HP damage until the unit is actually guaranteed to die-

Mook: 20 Zombie: Still 15.

So in effect, they KO and Instant Death points for zombies are actually the same point, while living ones have a bit more leeway. Hope that clears it up.
>> No. 142057
>>142050
So, those EIGHT Danmaku mooks aren't gonna pitch in? Then, it will be twelve fairies and Emerald against, what, 4 onis? Well that seems more fair... if we manage to forget their 5-20 attack. They have a 25% of 1HKO Emerald and 50% of 1HKO anyone else. Even so, they have 20HP... So it'd take them, in average, 4 turns to kill everyone, accounting casualties. And it'd take Emerald and his 12 fairies an average of 5-6 turns to win, if the weak ones die first and emerald survives to the end: an optimistic view and, even then, the odds are against them.

I dunno you, but handing over unarmed, barely trained fairies to the Oni so they can use them as punching bags doesn't seem what a responsible leader would do.
>> No. 142058
Time for some math.


The oni stats:
["Leader"] Yuugi Hoshiguma. HP: ???, Damage Estimation: ???
-Deva. Oni units fighting beneath Yuugi recieve bonus (HP x2)
Oni Brawlers (Melee) x4. HP: 20. Damage estimation: 5-20.

Emerald/Strategy bonus to attack is +1 for each, a max of +2 to meele units and +1 for ranged units.

Attack values from unstationed fairies:
1x Emerald = 3-6 (+1 = 4-7) 37 hp
2x Zombies = 3-4 (+2 = 5-6 15 hp
2x Fire Flinger = 3-5 (+1 = 4-6) 10 hp
Meele Mook = 1-2 (+2 = 3-4) 10 hp
Danmaku Mook = 1-2 (+1 = 2-3) 10 hp

Considering all of them as Conscripted rank. Average rank has +1 attack and +5 hp in comparison but we only have only 3 units ranked Average - Emerald, MMD and DMD.

We have:
1 Emerald
12 MM
10 DM
2 FF
2 ZF
9 Territories.

With these bonuses, it's possible to take out a regular oni:
2 Zombies + 2 FF + MMD (or +2 MM or Emerald) = 20 minimun damage (Or 21 if Emerald)

COnsidering that meele units need to get closer to fight, and deal no damage during the first turn.
2 FF + 2 DM + DMD = 15 damage dealt for free. The oni dies at the second turn.

So, in two turns, we take out 2 oni at the second turn. If we bring all ranged units instead of meele units, we can deal at least 29 damage, which means 1,5 oni for free, 3 oni in 2 turn, 4 oni and a fairy in 3 turns.
10 MM because of the territories, so we still have MMC and MMD free to fight.

Obs: Any oni can take out a fairy in a single hit, that does not mean they will. Minimum damage is 5. We need at least 7 fairies to defeat the Yuugi's MM with ease.

Huh, we do have good attack.


This still is incomplete. Need to think of a good meele/ranged units ratio and other small math.
>> No. 142059
>>142057

Emerald has 37hp, she ranked up to Average (>>141990)
>> No. 142060
>>142057
>They have a 25% of 1HKO Emerald and 50% of 1HKO anyone else

THis is also wrong. Even if Emerald was still Cronscript rank, there would be only 1/15 of chance for her to be KO'ed.
>> No. 142062
[x] Confound it all, full steam ahead! Fight alongside your troops, against both Yuugi and the rest at the same time.
>> No. 142063
>>142057

8 is correct, Danmaku is not. They're melee mooks. They will still be fighting, if you choose to attack.

>>142058

Emerald's bonus to attack is only +1, and only applies to Melee troops. If you are going with Yuugi's option, you don't get the bonus attack or hp from Tabby.

You can still roll for a leadership-strategy bonus to the fight, but that's +2hp, not +damage, if successful, same as the speechmaking. You can also still try to roll a speech. Against your charisma stat. Good luck there, and I'll remind you that these don't just do nothing if failed, they apply penalties to the battle.
>> No. 142065
>>142063
>You can still roll for a leadership-strategy bonus to the fight, but that's +2hp, not +damage, if successful, same as the speechmaking.

I kinda dislike you now. Sigh, need to think of something else again. Just had thought of what would be a perfect plan.

Say, the roll for strategy is against Int, right? I may as well consider it a success then, if it is possible for the almost impossible to happen.
>> No. 142066
Yes, L-strategy is against Int, L-speech is against Cha. Success on either is +2 hp for everyone in the battle, failure on either is -2, same. Int is almost guaranteed, cha is almost guaranteed to fail, and it's most useful for the troops with the lowest natural hp, 2hp is a much bigger difference for, say, a mook than it is for Emerald.
>> No. 142067
>>142066

Ok then, here is what I finaly believe with what should be ana cceptable strategy.

[x] Change of plans, fight the two battles as Yuugi suggested. (Update plans)
-[x] Station DMs B, E G, H, I, J, and MM F, H, I, J, K, L, one for each territory to defend them. 1 silver from the Palace.
-[x] Take to invade, Emeral, MMD, MMC, DMD, both FF and Zombie Fairies, and every MM and DM left unstationed (should be DMs A, C, D, F and MM A, B, D, E, G)
-[x] Roll for Leadership-Strategy
--[x] Split in two groups: Meele and Ranged.
--[x] Meele group should hold position before the Ranged group and wait for the enemy to come (without staying in front of the line of fire and getting hit by the Ranged group, of course.)
--[x] First turn: Ranged units should focus on a single oni first.
--[x] From turn 2 onwards: Ranged group focus the same oni until it falls. Meele group fight a different oni, and then proceed to another oni after their first target is KO'ed.
---[x] If the Ranged group KO an oni before all of it's members finish attacking, anyone who hasn't attacked yet provide support for the Meele group.
--[x] After all oni are defeated
---[x] Zombie Fairies may engage an enemy target of their choice without support.
---[x] Ranged Group provides support fire for the Meele group
---[x] Meele Group focus on one enemy at a time, immediatly switching target when they KO their current one.

Ranged
FF +DMD +3 DMs
3+3+3+1+1+1 = 12 minimun damage
Meele
Emerald +2 ZF + MMD + MMC + 5 MMs
3+4+4+3+2+2+2+2+2 = 24 minimun damage

That's no free oni at the first turn, but it's still two oni at the second turn. (24 minimun damage from the ranged units in 2 turns)

Emerald and the Zombie Fairies will still be alive for the third turn, so even if we lose 2 fairies during turn 2, the Meele group should still be able to take the third oni out.

Even if the L-Strategy roll fails, we will lose the same amount of fairies during the first two or three turns, and still have enough to take on the Neutral Fairies.

I will post plans for Tabuki's duel later, if we can make up plans for her.
>> No. 142068
>Tabuki's duel

That'll run a little differently, since she's not just giving instructions to a bunch of fairies and sending them off to get business done. She'll actually be there. There will be doing things, and probably split-second decisions, and... hm, refer to the spider-fight, from back at the very beginning. Fights involving Tabby, even with a bunch of other people fighting at the same time, will be closer to that.

You'll still be able to think up a general sort of strategy for it beforehand, but you'll be able to change your mind really fast and adapt the plan to changing circumstances, give fairies different orders, if you're fighting alongside your army and a given tactic just isn't working and clearly isn't going to work. Not like when they're left on their own, and will just keep following your plan even if it's clearly turning out to be a very bad idea. Basically, they'll run more or less one round at a time, rather than rolled all at once.
>> No. 142070
>>142068

Oh, ok then.

>You'll still be able to think up a general sort of strategy for it beforehand

Well, here come one 'general sort of strategy' then. At least I won't forget it if I post it.

[x] Tabuki's duel with Yuugi:
-[x] General tatics
--[x] STAY AWAY FROM YUUGI.
--[x] Don't block attacks, dodge them.
-[x] Gravity magic:
--[x] Debilitate Yuugi's movement
--[x] Alter the course of objects thrown by Yuugi. Or just get out of the way, whichever is easier/less tiresome.
--[x] Make things fall at Yuugi (and/or hit harder at her)
-[x] Fire Magic
--[x] To deal damage
--[x] When at close range, aim for the face, even while trying to escape.
-[x] Wand of Light
--[x] Use it to blind Yuugi when needed, or to distract her. Useful to evade Yuugi? Just try to not lose it or break it.

But say, in this situation, with the split battles, will it be possible to change tatics/orders given to the Fairies?
>> No. 142071
No.

If it was, then it would start Yuugi yelling advice to the oni as a countermeasure, and then you'd have to adapt your plans to her plans, which are now adapting to your plans, and either you'll both just end up shouting at the top of your lungs and distracting everyone who's fighting, or one or both of you will crack and just start your personal brawl early, possibly ending up moving right into the running fight and making the whole 'two separate fights' thing completely pointless. You give the fairies their orders, then you'll sit back and watch things go down, maybe share a drink with Yuugi, or just stroll around outside for a little or something.
>> No. 142072
>>142071

Then I believe there is nothing more for me to do here, unless I re-think something and decide to change tatics again.

I've been working on this since 21:30 (server time), I want to play video-games now, damnit.
>> No. 142075
>>142067
The strategy is good, but the odds are just too bad.
Their minimum damage is 2x8+5x4=36 which is exactly ours, but their onis have more health and will last longer while our fairies will start dropping like flies. Let's stop this until we have more level or better any equipment.
>> No. 142079
>>142075

This is, if we don't o this now, not only will we have to spend 4 turns worth of resources, but we will also take much more time to equip our troops, maybe even have to waste more than said number of turn just o find somewhere good.

Also, a happy Deva can be a good ally. If we entertain Yuugi enough, or manage to impress her, we may gain something more.

>>142075
>Their minimum damage is 2x8+5x4=36 which is exactly ours, but their onis have more health and will last longer while our fairies will start dropping like flies

Yes, about this. I've thought about this too, but didn't address it much because I don't think it mtter a lot.

It's true that oni can take out any normal fairy with one hit, but that doesn't mean they actually will. Their maximun damage is double a normnal fairie's HP, but anything over 10 (or 12, if the roll is successful) is wasted damage, and they can't act again. At turn two, we should take out 2 oni at the same time, which means we can lose up to 3 fairies (if we're unlucky and the MM cause only their maximun damage, which I find unlikely - 20+20+16). The Meele group is our main damage dealer, and by turn 3, even if it loses 2 fairies, it should still be able to defeat a single oni; if they lose 3 fairies, the Ranged group will be providing support fire, so the oni will fall anyway. We should also lose up to 2 fairies, regardless of min/max damage caused by the enemy. By turn 4 the last oni will fall, and we will have enough fairies to beat the neutral fairies (10 fairies at least, and we can't forget some of these fairies are much stronger than the neutral fairies)

The Zombie fairies deal high damage, but can also take a lot of punishment before being KO'ed (they can take 30 points of damage, so even if an oni scores maximun damage, they will still fight - they can even survive all 4 oni, if they cause minimun damage). The same can be said of Emerald (37 hp).

I used only our troop's minimun damage, to make sure we couls kill an oni quickly enough. If we deal more than the minimun, it's possible to take out 3 oni at turn 2. Or maybe all of them at turn 4.

Aaand, before I forget, Kahi, please ad this order to my original plans in >>142067

-[x] Ranged group provide support fire for the Meele group after eliminating their first oni target.
-[x] Zombie Fairies should also tank the oni damage. Emerald too, but only on oni at a time.
>> No. 142081
>>142079
Sounds good, but we shouldn't do the whole 'expendable' thing with Emerald, seeing how she's Tabby's spouse.
>> No. 142082
>they can take 30 points of damage

>Zombie fairies, however, do not know pain or exhaustion. It is an entirely foreign concept to them, and they will keep fighting right up to the point where they die and have to respawn. On the other hand, their bodies, being composed of dead, slightly decaying meat, are actually a little frailer, so they only get 15hp until they go down. So, it breaks down like this.

>HP damage until they can no longer fight- Mook: 10 Zombie: 15

>HP damage until the unit is actually guaranteed to die- Mook: 20 Zombie: Still 15.

I must be explaining this bad, somehow, but no. Given zombie can only currently soak 15 hp damage before dying. 17, with a strategy boost. They just have no in-between state, the point where they can't fight anymore and the point where they die instantly is the same point.

I'll just eat something and go to sleep now, let you all work this out on your own from here.
>> No. 142084
>>142082

Oh, I thought they could last until -15 hp.

Eh, ignore >>142079 orders then. Even if the zombies can take more damage, I'd rather not risk losing them.
>> No. 142108
[x] >>142067

I second this, it shows we actually have a chance at winning.

But I also add this tatic:
[x] Ranged Group, after they defeat their initial oni target, attack the same oni of the Meele Group.

Just to make sure.
>> No. 142114
[x]>>142108

This. Evrything looks fine with it.
>> No. 142115
What are the penalties for losing a fight? Do they change if it was an overwhelming defeat?
>> No. 142116
>>142115

A fight for the war? That depends. If we are defending and are defeated, then we lose the territory. But if we are the ones attacking and are defeated, then nothing happens, besides not expanding for the turn.
>> No. 142119
File 130756447526.jpg - (137.25KB , 400x299 , Advice Yuugi 2.jpg ) [iqdb]
142119
[ ] Continue as planned, withdraw from the area now that you have confirmation the Oni won't be keeping out of things and move on to plan B.

I

[ ] Change of plans, fight the two battles as Yuugi suggested. (Update strategies, troop deployment, or use previous plans?)

III

[ ] Confound it all, full steam ahead! Fight alongside your troops, against both Yuugi and the rest at the same time. (Update plans Y/N?)

I

---

Cool, we'll go with Yuugi's offer then.

Strategy:

[x] Change of plans, fight the two battles as Yuugi suggested. (Update plans)
-[x] Station DMs B, E G, H, I, J, and MM F, H, I, J, K, L, one for each territory to defend them. 1 silver from the Palace.
-[x] Take to invade, Emeral, MMD, MMC, DMD, both FF and Zombie Fairies, and every MM and DM left unstationed (should be DMs A, C, D, F and MM A, B, D, E, G)
-[x] Roll for Leadership-Strategy
--[x] Split in two groups: Meele and Ranged.
--[x] Meele group should hold position before the Ranged group and wait for the enemy to come (without staying in front of the line of fire and getting hit by the Ranged group, of course.)
--[x] First turn: Ranged units should focus on a single oni first.
--[x] From turn 2 onwards: Ranged group focus the same oni until it falls. Meele group fight a different oni, and then proceed to another oni after their first target is KO'ed.
---[x] If the Ranged group KO an oni before all of it's members finish attacking, anyone who hasn't attacked yet provide support for the Meele group.
--[x] After all oni are defeated
---[x] Zombie Fairies may engage an enemy target of their choice without support.
---[x] Ranged Group provides support fire for the Meele group
---[x] Meele Group focus on one enemy at a time, immediatly switching target when they KO their current one.

plus

[x] Ranged Group, after they defeat their initial oni target, attack the same oni of the Meele Group.

I'm pretty sure that addition was already covered in the strategy, but sure, emphasis is fine. Also, including the palace, you have nine territories... so, limiting today's wages to 1, you only need to drop 9 fairies on sentry stuff. You've listed 12, but also specify you only want 1 in each territory. I'll just read the orders as 'attack with everyone not guarding something' instead. I'll also split up the stationed troops mostly evenly between D and M, since you listed six of each. Beryl stays in the palace, I guess... yeah, okay. Next time you miscount, though, and have extra fairies set to do something, but limit the numbers that can do that thing, like this does, I'll just fluff that the fairies got confused by your contradictory orders, and wandered off to do whatever they felt like for the whole day. In point of fact, I'll draw a chart and roll to see what they get up to. There will be very few good results.

Attackers:

Emerald
ZFA
ZFB
FFA
FFB
DMA
DMB
DMC
DMD
DME
DMF
MMA
MMB
MMC
MMD
MME
MMG
MMH
MMJ

Okay, that should be almost everything.... yeah, the rest of the strategy is perfectly fine, just miscounts.

Rolling for strategy bonus.... 8. With int of 9, pass. +2 hp for all your howling little bloodthirsty butterflies. Alright, time to roll.
>> No. 142125
I'll just go ahead and throw down the battle report, and write an actual update later. You won, incidentally. What you get from conquering the territory will have to wait until the Yuugi match is done though, although you already qualify for the 'win either battle' bit.

Emerald
ZFA(deady)
ZFB(Mk II)
FFA
FFB
DMA
DMB
DMC
DMD
DME
DMF
MMA
MMB
MMC
MMD
MME
MMG
MMH
MMJ

vs

Oni1
Oni2
Oni3
Oni4
MM1
MM2
MM3
MM4
MM5
MM6
MM7
MM8

---

1d2=1. Advantage to T.

Emerald-x
Deady-x
Dead2-x
FFA-1d3+2= 4 damage to (1d4=1) OB1 (16hp)
FFB-3 damage to OB1 (13hp)
DMA-1d2=1 damage to OB1 (12hp)
DMB-- 1 damage to OB1(11hp)
DMC- 1 damage to OB1(10hp)
DMD- 1d2+1=2 damage to OB1 (8hp)
DME- 1 damage to OB1 (7hp)
DMF- 2 damage to OB1 (5hp)
MMA-x
MMB-x
MMC-x
MMD-x
MME-x
MMG-x
MMH-x
MMJ-x

OB1-x
OB2-x
OB3-x
OB4-x
MM1-x
MM2-x
MM3-x
MM4-x
MM5-x
MM6-x
MM7-x
MM8-x

Emerald-1d4+2= 6 damage to (1d3=2) OB3 (14hp)
Deady-1d2+3=5 damage to OB3 (9hp), bites deep.
Dead2- 5 damage to OB3 (4hp), bites deep.
FFA- 5 damage to OB1 (KO)
FFB- 3 damage to OB3 (1hp)
DMA- 1 damage to OB3 (KO)
Zombies reluctantly release hold of OB3
DMB- 1 damage to (1d2=2) OB4 (19hp)
DMC- 2 damage to OB4 (17hp)
DMD- 3 damage to OB4 (14hp)
*DME- 2 damage to OB4 (12hp)
DMF- 2 damage to OB4 (10hp)
MMA- 1d2+1= 2 damage to OB4 (8hp)
MMB- 2 damage to OB4 (6hp)
MMC- 3 damage to OB4 (3hp)
MMD- 1d2+2= 4 damage to OB4 (KO)
MME- 2 damage to OB2 (18hp)
MMG- 3 damage to OB2 (16hp)
MMH- 3 damage to OB2 (13hp)
MMJ- 2 damage to OB2 (11hp)

OB2- 1d16+4=16 damage to (1d19=10) DME (KO)
MM1- 1d2=2 damage to (1d18=11) MMA (10hp)
MM2- 1 damage to (16) MMG (11hp)
MM3- 2 damage to (16) MMg (9hp)
MM4- 1 damage to (18) MMJ (11hp)
MM5- 2 damage to (5) FFB (10hp)
MM6- 2 damage to (8) DMC (10hp)
MM7- 1 damage to (3) Dead2 (16hp)
MM8- 1 damage to (1) Emerald (38hp)

Emerald-3 damage to OB2 (8hp)
ZFA- 4 damage to OB2 (4hp) bites deep
ZFB- 5 damage to OB2 (KO, -1hp)
Zombies regretfully release OB2.
FFA- 5 damage to (1d8=6) MM6 (5hp)
FFB- 5 damage to MM6 (KO)
DMA- 2 damage to (1d7=1) MM1 (8hp)
DMB- 2 damage to MM1 (6hp)
DMC- 2 damage to MM1 (4hp)
DMD- 2 damage to MM1 (2hp)
DMF- 1 damage to MM1 (1hp)
MMA- 2 damage to MM1 (KO)
MMB- 3 damage to (d6=1) MM2 (7hp)
MMC- 3 damage to MM2 (4hp)
MMD- 4 damage to MM2 (KO)
MME- 3 damage to (d5=5) MM8 (7hp)
MMG- 3 damage to MM8 (4hp)
MMH- 2 damage to MM8 (2hp)
MMJ- 2 damage to MM8 (KO)

MM3- 1 damage to (1) emerald (37hp)
MM4- 1 damage to (5) FFB (9hp)
MM5- 1 damage to (2) Deady (16hp)
MM7- 1 damage to (18) MMJ (10hp)

Emerald- 5 damage to (3) MM5 (5hp)
Deady- 5 damage to MM5 (KO, 0)
Deady digs in.
Dead2- 4 damage to (2) MM4 (6hp)
Dead2 bites down hard.
FFA- 3 damage to (1) MM3 (7hp)
FFB- 5 damage to MM3 (2hp)
DMA- 2 damage to MM3 (KO)
DMB- 2 damage to MM7 (8hp)
DMC- 2 damage to MM7 (6hp)
DMD- 3 damage to MM7 (3hp)
DMF- 2 damage to MM7 (1hp)
MMA- 2 damage to MM7 (KO)
MMB- 3 damage to MM4 (3hp)
MMC- 2 damage to MM4 (1hp)
MMD- 3 damage to MM4 (KO)

Deady has one last bite.
5 damage to MM5 (-5)
Dead 2 has one last bite.
5 damage to MM4 (-5)

Victory.

OB2 (-1hp, 1d20=14) Brushes off their injuries like nothing.
MM5 (-5hp, 1d10=5) Looks like they'll pull through for a moment... but then, no, they die. Trait: Necrophobe acquired.
MM4 (-5hp, 1d10=1) Dies painfully. Trait: Necrophobe acquired.
Conscripted: DMK, MMM (1d8=5)
MMM will have Trait: Necrophobe on respawning.

>> No. 142127
No losses? Woah, that attack worked pretty fucking well. Forgive me if I ever doubt you, write in writer.
3 Onis died without them doing anything...
>> No. 142130
Not quite without casualties. DME got themselves swatted out of the air like a bug once one of the oni got a good swing in. That was the only swing they got in, though, as there was enough concentrated firepower to remove them from the field before any of them could start stomping in earnest.
>> No. 142131
>>142125
>>142130

Fuck yeah, I knew we could do it. Um, not when I first proposed the plan, Yuugi would have smashed us without effort, but after her proposal, I was confident about it being possible. I still made a bunch of mistakes, though, proff that I was nervous.

Anyway, eagerly awaiting for Tabby's time to shine in a real combat.
>> No. 142134
File 130765619926.jpg - (271.92KB , 600x480 , 22f07541e29722589626c57e4e11f5041164247c.jpg ) [iqdb]
142134
"Emerald is waiting outside." Tabuki said. "If you'll excuse me a moment, I'll send her off to rally the troops."

"Sure, sure. Taking me up on it, then? Get all the people you need." Yuugi declared, brimming with a smug sense of confidence. "This bit is your best chance at it anyway, may as well do it right, huh?"

"Yes..." Tabuki agreed, mind still focused on calculating odds and strategies. The Oni looked tough, although... they didn't seem to really be completely fighting-fit. A glance at them showed that a sense of general laziness and sluggishness pervaded, as though it had been a while since any of these lot had been bothered to fight seriously, and it would be hard for them to be bothered to do so. On the other hand, it wasn't as though any of them looked particularly puny either, just... hm. Dulled edges, more or less. Oh, she had no doubts that they could take a reasonable bit of punishment, and more if properly motivated, and they would no doubt hit like charging boars, given the chance... but none of them had the polished, focused air of Yuugi, nor did any of them strike her as being particularly strong for their kind.

Still, as she whispered careful orders into Emerald's ear, no matter how far these particular Oni had let themselves go, and without weapons or protective gear as they were, they were still going to have to be removed from the equation as fast as possible. The fairies, comparatively, were of little importance.

She watched as the fairy flitted off to the palace, to gather all the soldiers available. All of them, and she spared a moment to hope she had calculated correctly before stepping back in, just in time to watch Yuugi kick a shorter Oni off her bar stool.

"I know you punks were listening in, you always are." She declared cheerily. "So get up off your asses and get ready to fight, or all call in all your bar tabs!"

A chorus of unified groans arose from the Oni at the thought, though the fairies didn't seem particularly bothered, but they rose anyway, taking the time to finish off whatever drink they'd last ordered.

"Hope you don't mind if we do this outside." Yuugi called, waving idly at the rows and rows of breakable glassware and bottles shelved behind the bar. "Wouldn't want anyone to get too excited and break something they can't pay for, after all."

"That will be fine." Tabuki agreed as the crowd filed out, either to watch the fight about to happen, or to participate in it. Yuugi took a moment to snag a small clay gourd and dish from inside a locked cabinet before plucking Tabuki up and setting her on one shoulder.

"My private stock." She explained, tapping the bottle before stepping out the door and locking up behind herself, then bounding up to the roof and taking a seat. "Rice wine, from the human village on the surface. Not for sale, it's enough of a bother to get ahold of just for me."

"I suppose it would be." Tabuki mused. "There doesn't seem to be much in the way of traffic between here and there."

"Oh, don't I know it. Sure, you get the occasional oddball cave enthusiast that wanders all the way down here, and that cat of Satori's wanders wherever she damn well pleases, but aside from that nobody really goes up or down any more." Yuugi agreed. "Not since Suika left, anyway. I guess I should go check up on her one of these decades. Oh... here, have a sip?"

Tabuki considered turning the offer down as the oni poured clear alcohol into the dish, and raised it up to her shoulder, then decided it wouldn't be particularly polite of her to refuse. She dipped her head and only drank a small mouthful, though, not enough for any significant effects to prevent itself.

"Good stuff, huh?"

"Hm... you aren't going to give any particular instruction to your fighters?" Tabuki asked, rather than answer a question she suspected was entirely rhetorical.

"Nah, they'll do fine on their own. They'd better." the oni replied simply, taking a swig of her own. "I'll be personally stomping every one of the lazy shits back into full form, else. But really, just dealing with fairies shouldn't be a problem for them."

Tabuki remained silent for a moment, watching the air as a spot of color appeared over the rooftops, growing larger and separating into smaller dots as it advanced.

"Shouldn't be a problem... huh. Well, we'll see. Things are about to start." Tabuki said aloud.

Yuugi's eyes flashed with interest, and she took a swig directly from the bottle before capping it, watching the advance avidly.

---

"CHAAAAARGE!" Emerald howled, all the previous anxiety about a fight with oni, Oni, draining away into boundless enthusiasm as her blood sang in promise of the battle to come.

She wasn't a leader. She knew full well she wasn't smart, and she had no head for how to direct forces or make plans of any sort. She was stronger than the average fairy, yes, but not nearly so much so that it made up for those clear deficiencies. She could never have come up with a plan to win against Yuugi, knew she couldn't defeat her even with all the fairies of the underground at her back, and could never have talked her down from joining in a fight over her own bar. She still couldn't imagine how Tabby had managed that, she had been sparse with details of what had gone on inside.

But here... given a plan, and orders, and soldiers to put to action, here was where she thrived. She could leave the hard bits, the thinking and the talking, to Tabby and just cut loose, a touch of her own enthusiasm spreading through the troops as they all were caught up in a similar rush of delight.

The battle was before them, waiting only to begin. Nothing more was relevant.

"Oni! Shoot that one! The rest, with me, that one!" She yelled, charging forward at the head of the force, bolts of light and flame darting out through the gaps between their ranks as the ranged combatants let fire their attacks before continuing their own charge.

The oni seemed startled by the intensity of their assault, seeming to have expected far less from the fairies they had been waiting to fight. The one she'd singled out for bombardment simply stood dumbly, mouth agape at the incoming hailstorm of glowing pain, before bringing her arms up to shield herself from the worst of it, and quickly patted out the flames on her kimono. She was visibly worse for the wear, however, and was slightly more sluggish than the rest to begin their own awkward advance, just behind their own fairy charge.

Emeralds troops, however, were the first to strike. She took some pride in her own attack, a solid blow with all her power behind it, a soft 'whff' sort of noise produced by the oni a quiet confirmation that she had felt that one. Tabby's zombies were close behind her, latching claws and teeth into both the Oni's arms, to her vocal distress, and another pass by the fire throwers left both of the targets rolling on the ground and complaining as they put themselves out, then staggered off and out of the way as best they could, clearly needing to catch their breaths, and therefore no longer dangerous.

"That one!" Emerald yelled, before her troops had a moment to hesitate in decision, keeping up the flow and setting the battle to her pace. "Everyone focus on that one!"

The fairies gladly took to her direction, and a third oni twitched under the pointing finger, almost losing her nerve and stepping backwards as a cloud of cheering fairies outright buried her under an avalanche of tiny fists and rainbow colored balls of energy. She swung her arms about, ineffectually, but went down quickly, toppling under the focused pressure and laying there, panting for breath, as the fairies turned their attention to the last oni on the battlefield.

It wasn't enough to take her out, however, and the defensive force began to strike back. Emerald winced slightly as the oni's fist found home in the stomach of one of her Danmaku launchers, sending her flying limply away with the crushing body blow. She probably wouldn't die, of course, though it wouldn't matter if she did, but she definitely wasn't going to be happy on landing, or be able to move in time to rejoin the assault. The cringe had left her open for fairies from the opposition as well, and one closed and left a fist right on her jaw, clicking her teeth together forcibly, making her involuntarily bite down on her tongue. She considered and decided a tooth may have loosened a little from the impact as well, but it would be fine. She spat out the blood and ignored the offending fairy, who was backpedaling a little now, on the defensive, in favor of closing with the last oni and belting her right between the eyes. The zombies were right on her tail, of course, and helped finish the matter, though she felt a twinge of regret when the oni swore aloud and clapped a hand over the nip one had given at her throat.

"We've got this, now!" She declared eagerly. "Oni are out of the way, just have to mop these up and it's our win!"

A jovial cheer arose from her side as they pressed their assault against the suddenly panicked and unsure enemy, and four, half their number, of the enemy were tumbling out of the air in as many heartbeats. The rest fought back, but it seemed that their fighting spirit had begun to dwindle, as none of their retaliations seemed to have as much behind them as they could have. It was only a matter of moments more before they, too, fell, and the Zombies had to be forcibly removed from their final targets.

Still, there was a delighted thrill rushing through the fairies at the victory over what not a single one of them hadn't considered superior forces, with only minor losses on their part.

---

"Shouldn't be a problem." Tabuki said dryly, as her soldiers cheered and made a spectacle of themselves below. Yuugi took another long sip from her dish, looking, if anything, even more interested than before at this sudden reversal. "Well... you were right, there. That didn't take long at all."

Yuugi let loose a sharp bark of delighted laughter at that. Then she opened her mouth to reply, but was interrupted by a snatch of audible grumbling from below.

"... Cheating little..." was all that could be caught of the beaten Oni's grumbling, but it was more than enough for Yuugi's mood to darken, as her face twisted into a scowl. She dropped down off the roof immediately, and Tabuki almost imagined she could hear teeth clicking as someone's jaw snapped abruptly shut.

"... What's this, then? Someone has a complaint?" She said aloud, in an almost sincerely jovial tone, eyes hard. After a long moment, one of the oni stepped forward, teeth grit.

"This battle wasn't fair." She declared. "We were attacked with superior numbers, not given enough time to fight back, and weren't prepared for a bunch of idiot fairies to be so vicious or thorough, much less follow even a simple strategy. We feel we were duped, and I say we should fight again, fairly, one on one."

Yuugi considered this proposition for a moment. Then she backhanded the loudmouth, sending her spinning in an arc to crash into the side of the building across the street.

"I'm sorry, what was that? All I heard was 'Whine, whine, whine, I'm a little punk that couldn't fight off a pack of fairies when I knew they were coming and just sat there waiting.'." Yuugi barked. "Seriously, what the hell? What were you doing out there, huh? Dance lessons? Did you think there was going to be a piano recital? What have you been doing, to get stomped like that? What the hell are you? Newborn, squalling infants? We are Oni. We don't bitch about things that go wrong, or our problems! We get stronger and make our problems our bitches. When did you morons forget that?"

The oni shuffled awkwardly under Yuugi's biting words, turning their gazes shamefully away.

"You idiots. All four of you. A hundred years ago, this wouldn't have been a problem. Two hundred, and any one of you could have taken the whole lot of them on your own. Five hundred years ago, and any one of you could have taken on every last fairy, zombie, squid monster, and evil spirit in the underground all at once, between getting out of bed in the morning and eating breakfast." She snapped. "And, what, now you can't handle even this much? What the fuck. You've let me down people."

Yuugi paused in her rant to uncap her bottle, drain it, then toss it aside to smash against the ground, in an effort to compose herself.

"Morons." She snapped sharply. "What are you worried about, right now? That I'll call in your tabs, for losing on me? No. No, don't even bother thinking that small. I own you idiots now. I'm going to make your lives an absolute, living hell until you're either back up to your peaks, where I knew you, or you die of exhaustion like the lazy halfwits you've let yourselves become. And then I'll have that cat of Satori's hunt down your ghosts, stuff them back in your disgusting corpses, and keep working you until your bodies fall completely apart, you understand me?"

"Yes Yuugi!" They barked, in chorus.

"Good. Now, catch your breath. Get a drink of water. Then go out back and beat each other until none of you can move anymore." Yuugi ordered. "When you can move again, get back up, and stat it up again. I'll tell you when you can stop. Now get out of my sight, maggots, you make me want to vomit."

The defeated oni scrambled away, and Yuugi gave a derisive snort before reaching up and lifting Tabuki off her shoulder.

"Well, whatever." She grumbled, dropping her to the ground. "We have business of our own to settle, don't we? One on one, like I said. Everyone else, clear the road!"

Tabby caught a brief moment of appalled shock on Emerald's face before the rest of the fairies cleared her away, and she quickly moved a short distance.

Yuugi Hoshiguma [Entombed Deva of the Old Hells]

vs

Tabuki Vivipary [Lost Corpse Doll]


Tabuki's mind whirled quickly as Yuugi cracked her knuckles audibly, and the fight began. She immediately maximized gravity's pull on Yuugi, who... well, not so much 'didn't notice', but simply didn't register the effects as notable. She carried herself every bit as effortlessly as ever, despite suddenly weighing twice as much as before.

Biting back a very unladylike word, she let loose with her fire spell. 1d10+9=15 It slammed right into Yuugi's face, but the only didn't seem bothered at all by it, or even singed. She shrugged idly.

"So... that all you got, then?" Yuugi asked, clearly waiting for her to do something interesting. As Tabuki stumbled back a bit, she arched an eyebrow. ".... Huh. Well, if that's how you want to do it..."

Yuugi held up a hand, all fingers curled in. Then, as she extended a single finger a few stationary orbs of danmaku appeared around her.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 142138
>all = I'll
>effects = effect
>prevent = present
>stat = start
>only = ONI motherf...

God damn it. Why? For that matter, why do I never notice this sort of thing until after the fact? Bah.
>> No. 142139
>>142138

Because you are bad at proofreading?
>> No. 142140
Gravity not helping much, that was expected. If we manage to stay alive (and concious), it may start to tire Yuugi down faster.

[x] Staying alive > sacrifice.
[x] Gain distance from Yuugi and dodge everything. Keep those fire spells coming to counter Yuugi' attacks, as long as it doesn't get in the way of dodging Yuugi.
[x] Test how gravity magic affect Yuugi's projectiles.

A danmaku battle is Tabuki's strongest point (agi/magic). Or would be, if she had any experience with it. Nonetheless, our only defense is running away our evasion, so if the battle stays on ranged mode, we have an advantage. I hope. Yuugi is a complete monster.
>> No. 142142
File 130766798834.jpg - (28.47KB , 212x232 , 1287608971008.jpg ) [iqdb]
142142
Those Oni will get at their peak for sure with Yuugi barking at them... I wonder if our MC could find a teacher like that too? Her strengths, Agility and Magic, could use some serious refinning.

[x] She's fast but so are you, keep your distance
[x] Keep attacking with all the magic you can muster and more
[x] Be brave, be bold. You're here to impress, just like your army did.
-[x]If what you know isn't enough then improvise You're intelligent enough to know when and how.
>> No. 142143
>Improvise

Any improvisational stuff is going to have to come from you guys. You want to do things with magic that you don't have spells for? Sure. Keep in mind the rules for that, of course, you'll be spending a lot of magic to pull it off. Your current fire spell is so low-cost that you can basically use it over and over forever, given your maxed Mag and Int and thus hideously large wellspring of raw arcane power.

I can accept 'keep away from Yuugi's deathfists' and 'continue to belch flame like a tiny, irritated baby dragon' as input, though. If there's no alternate votes, I can go ahead and start writing soon.
>> No. 142146
While this probably isn't something for this fight, just how much does Tabuki know about fusion? If we're only going to fight when a leader is on the field, we'll need attacks that can take out the strongest of foes.
>> No. 142152
Tabuki is already at a respectable distance, but after a moment's thought she retreated a little further, wary of whatever Yuugi might come up with, and launched another flame strike. 1d10+9=17 It blasts into her midsection, but has every bit as little apparent effect on the Oni as the first one did, as though Tabuki was throwing feathers about and not gouts of searing flame.

Yuugi smirked widely and raised a second finger, many more dangerous looking orbs a little bit outside the first layer, somewhat more densely packed, but every bit as immobile as the first set.

"Better think fast, little war boss." She called, completely at ease, as though she had already won the fight.

Int/Perception roll - 9/3

Tabuki glanced through the danmaku, ill at ease with this step-by-step increase of gathered firepower. At her best guess, Yuugi was probably going to fire the barrage of Danmaku out in every direction, all at once. She would have to wait until they actually started moving in order to judge properly, but she didn't doubt that she could avoid them without too much trouble.

There was something about Yuugi's hand, though... she couldn't quite make it out, through the barrier of energy blasts waiting to be fired, but it was firing off warning bells in her head for some reason. There wasn't much time to consider it, though, as she wondered how long it would take to fell the oni with her current strategy.

[ ] Action?

Regarding fusion, you have a functional knowledge. Nowhere near as much as Okuu knows, of course.
>> No. 142155
Shit. Knock Out in Three Steps.

[X] Move into the area of the second layer. Now!
>> No. 142157
[x][Perception] It's a trap. She's gathering the danmaku near her to ensure that you stay away... and blast that outer layer to oblivion.
-[x] Move towards her, while being mindful of the stationary danmaku (she might move it when she realizes that you aren't going to fall for her trick) and attack*

*If possible: Focus to triple the gravity pressure on an specific part of her.
*If possible: either A-Triple gravity in Her eyelids forcing her to close her eyes for a moment. Then, use the fire attack at point blank, into her mouth, and retreat or B-Triple the gravity in her throat and change to kinetic magic and keep attacking her throat as to cause Asphixia.
>> No. 142168
>Better think fast, little war boss.
WIth int 9, that's what we do.

We moved away, and Yuugi thinks we're screwed. We can dodge the danmaku that's there now. Time to change things up.

[x] Get into the second layer, between the bullets. Time to hustle.
- Keep attacking.

I want to see if we could do something like Okuu's 6C fusion beam, but I'm afraid of blowing ourselves up.
>> No. 142172
We shouldn't get too carried away as since the fairies won their fight, Yuugi'll have to do her part of the agreement. Still we should try to put up a good fight at least.
>> No. 142190
>Regarding fusion, you have a functional knowledge

Now, that's an idea...

[x] Stay at a medium distance from Yuugi. She's not going to use her hands (or legs) while she is gathering energy, so it should be safe.
[x] Try to blow up all the energy Yuugi is gathering, af if it were an atom. Collapse it with anything necessary or with Yuugi herself(undo the gravity applied to Yuugi and lessen normal gravity's hold on her then, create a powerful gravity center on her had, or inside the energy, to attract her upwards)
[x] Try to crush her throat with maximized gravity, if all else fails. If this too fails, keep shooting at her with Fire.
>> No. 142191
File 130771351271.jpg - (69.61KB , 532x800 , Totally unrelated.jpg ) [iqdb]
142191
>>142172
Nah, we should go all out. She needs some practice with her magic... all that she seems to do with her magical prowness is hang around talking with people and reading books...
>> No. 142203
>>142191
what good is winning if puts her in bed for a few days if not worse? And there's the risk some of the stuff Tabby is trying to do will break the spell card rules.
>> No. 142218
>>142203
>what good is winning if puts her in bed for a few days if not worse?

Befriending Yuugi sure seems like a good thing for me.

>And there's the risk some of the stuff Tabby is trying to do will break the spell card rules.

Is this even a spellcard duel? Danmaku isn't used only during these.
>> No. 142221
Increase 'to' 200% =/= Increase 'by' 200%. The best she can do is double gravity, right now. Hm, but reducing most of a person to half, and then doubling the rest.... wait, no. It would just seem like more, not actually be more. Anyway, it's already been proven that your current maximum limits of gravity manipulation don't bother her at all.

Aside from that, writing.
>> No. 142226
It suddenly clicked, why Yuugi's hand seemed important. Her fingers. She was about to raise a third finger, and then something would happen. More Danmaku, probably following the pattern of being in an even denser pattern and in a thicker area. Judging by Yuugi's smugness... she was still in the danger zone.

Tabuki bit off a curse and darted forward, ignoring the automatic screaming from her common sense, telling her that getting in close with something that could squish her into a messy paste without significant effort was a bad idea. She stopped in the second layer of danmaku, more than enough room to navigate around the orbs still remaining, and just in time. Yuugi's third finger rose.

That... that was a lot of danmaku. Tabuki's mouth went dry as she glanced quickly around, taking in the fiercely glowing almost complete wall of pain surrounding them both, thick enough that... well, she might be able to squeeze her way through safe areas but not with any sort of speed. It was an ingenious technique. Knowing that close combat was all but suicide, Yuugi had created a way to make it so that keeping distance was also a terrible plan.

"Hahaha.... You figured it out!" Yuugi called, seeming honestly pleased with this turn of events. "That one catches almost everyone that hasn't seen it before, the first time."

Tabuki's mind whirled for a plan. For a moment, it turns to what she knows of fusion, to collapse them into an explosion... but after reaching out for a moment, she realized that while it wasn't impossible, she had no idea how to make it work. She could try just dumping raw magic into the effort and hoping for the best, but even so, it wasn't guaranteed to work at all, and even if it did there was a chance that the reaction would cascade completely out of her control. Either way, whether she could keep it from catastrophically explosive results or not, success would definitely lead to her taking a significant backlash at this point.

A further thought occurred to her, to try to use gravity on the danmaku itself, forcing Yuugi's own attack to be drawn inwards and forced against her. This would have its drawbacks too, including the fact that danmaku seemed only barely affected by her manipulation of gravity. She could force it to move, yes, but only very slowly. She would also, no doubt, have to deal with the fact that this was Yuugi's attack, and have to overpower the oni's own magical force, directing it to do what she wanted. Entirely aside from that, she was inside the area of effect, and would have to constantly dodge the orbs moving inwards, possibly leaving her slightly more open to other things.

The thought of simply crushing the oni's throat with her ability was considered and immediately discarded. She was already focusing the full force of her ability against the oni to no effect, doing so against a single body part instead of the whole body at once would make no difference.

For the moment, she just let another bolt of fire fly. 1d10+9=10

[ ] Action?

Had to consider how to handle the suggested ideas, mechanically, but I've worked something out. Neither are guaranteed successful, but if you pull them off then you'll do a lot more damage than you can manage with the spell you have now.

-Nuke idea.
-Danmaku gravitation idea.

Three votes to confirm an attempt at either.

Also, because I never wrote this down, it seems, Tabuki's max health is 100. Puny, for a leader, like I said. Max mp is 8100, though. Very few have higher. Both pools are currently full and 'might as well be full'. I'm sure it's not impossible to work out one or both of the formulas to determine this from just that information. That fire spell you're using costs roughly 1mp per casting. Yeah, it's cheap, but weak.
>> No. 142232
[x] Nuke idea

I will be honest, I don't know what to do. Our normal attacks are inneffective, and both plans have their pro and cons.

Going with the Nuke because nukes are cool, and the most damage is dealt at the center of the explosion, which should be Yuugi in this case.
>> No. 142234
[x] Nuke idea
The danmaku idea seems too slow to hit Yuugi.
>> No. 142235
Too bad about our lack of spells... is like lying in a pile of bullets and only having an old '22.
Though with that amount of MP, sky is the limit.

[x] Nuke Idea.
She has the intelligence to find flaws in spells, the Agility to dodge them and the magic to strike back... she has potential. Just like this story. Keep it up Kahi.
>> No. 142236
Confirmed for nuke plan. Rolling for result of your attempt...

Oh wow. All right, few more rolls for cost, exact damage, etc, then writing.
>> No. 142237
No hope for it. Yuugi was already stretching, getting ready for her next attack, and the first of the danmaku orbs had begun to slowly rotate around her and float outwards. It wasn't the best of plans, but it would have to do.

She reached out with her magic, stretching out into the area, focusing... and then it all clicked. She was in an atom. There, Yuugi, at the nucleus and heart of the construct. Here, the danmaku, electrons orbiting about her. All she had to do was reach out, and force the reaction....

1d100=58% = 4698 mp lost

It was harder than she had expected. Magic flooded its way out of her, like a tidal wave of power, forcing reality to it's knees, insisting that it would bend to her will, like it or not.

She was still inside the danger-zone herself, and probably wouldn't be able to escape all of the blast, but what could you do? A risk for greater reward was more than acceptable.

Yuugi had just enough time to open her mouth in confusion before the area was fully saturated with her power. Then the danmaku shattered, and the world was nothing but blinding white light, and pain, as Tabuki shielded herself and redirected the blast away as much as she could. Not enough to turn it all away, no, but to reduce it to amounts she could survive? Yes... yes, that much, she could manage, and it was fortunate that the blast was focused inward, as it meant she had to spend less effort worrying about the bystanders, respectable distance that they had retreated to or no.

4d100 = 237 x MAG = 2133 damage.

Tabuki takes 90 damage. Current HP = 10, current MP = 3399


She heard Yuugi long before she could see her again.

"Haah! Damn! That one had kick to it!" the oni was yelling, just loud enough to get through the persistent ringing in her ears as Tabby did what she could to blink the spots out of her eyes and keep breathing despite a world that hed become pain. "Haven't taken a shot like that in... geeze, six, maybe seven centuries! Hell, keep pulling that out, and...."

The oni was standing in the exact center of a crater almost as wide as the road, solid stone shattered from the blast, broken into ever tinier pieces as they approached her, until the ground beneath yuugi's feet was quite simply reduced to fine, powdery sand. Yuugi herself was clearly the worse for having been the focus of the blast, clothes in tatters, skin burned and steaming lightly, hair singed, and clearly battered, yet all the more delighted for it. That enthusiasm was rapidly draining away the longer she stared at Tabuki, though.

"Geeze... you look like shit." She said seriously, as Tabuki felt something drip... down her cheek? She wasn't crying, though... oh. No, that was definitely blood. Fantastic. A quick check of her mobility brought only winces and regret... she didn't think she'd broken anything, but she may have cracked a rib. Possibly two or three.

"Look, I'll just come out and say it." Yuugi said. "If you do... whatever that was, again, and we both take the same lumps we just did... well, I'll be down, for sure. That last one took a good bit out of me. But hell, you'll definitely kill yourself doing it. I could probably swat you one before you got it off, of course... but the way you look right now, I'm not sure that I could pull it off without actually killing you myself, and i don't really want to do that."

Tabuki's breath rasped through her throat, the world starting to swim before her. She could still fight... but not for much longer. She hated to say it, but surrender was looking like a better and better idea.

[ ] Action?
>> No. 142238
[x]Surrender

Better surrendering than dying.
>> No. 142239
> I could probably swat you one before you got it off, of course... but the way you look right now, I'm not sure that I could pull it off without actually killing you myself, and i don't really want to do that."
Yeah, even if our MC attacked with her fire spells again, as soon as the Oni connects a single hit, the battle is over and so is Tabuki.
I hate to surrender, but courage can only do so much. We took a gamble with this and it paid off, but taking one more chance seems like suicidal.

[x]Surrender.
There'll Be Another Time...
>> No. 142240
[x]Surrender.

We need to learn more spells, like healing spells.
Anyway, we won the gamble already anyway, no need to risk our lives for pride.
>> No. 142245
[x] Fire spells again.
[x] "I'm gonna keep attacking. I can't willingly give up or surrender, but as soon as you reach me, the battle will be over, regardless of you hitting me or not."

Never give up.
>> No. 142250
Surrendering, then.

Also, closing on 200 posts, need to think about whether or not to do that end-thread thing like last time, and how.
>> No. 142268
File 130785289484.jpg - (595.49KB , 886x886 , 4f7523f2730c339649d29408c8c1dc56a527ecfc.jpg ) [iqdb]
142268
There was no choice. The way she felt right now, a strong wind would bowl her over. She had plenty of magic left to dump at Yuugi, but she would be forced to either dole it out in pinprick portions at a time, or, unless she was very fortunate indeed, flagrantly waste it to achieve any sort of effect. In contrast, while the wild spell and explosion had clearly taken its toll on Yuugi, she was still standing strong, ready for more and ready to counterattack.

"... I don't think I can win, now." Tabuki admitted aloud. "Fine. I sur-"

"We'll just call this one a draw." Yuugi interrupted, loudly, quickly stepping forward and plucking her up off the ground. Quickly, but delicately. "No winner or loser. Let's get you patched up, then."

Tabuki relaxed, just a little, and once her body realized she was no longer in the middle of a dangerous fight, and she could afford to rest, she immediately lost consciousness.

When she woke, she was lying on a large cushion in an unfamiliar room, wrapped carefully in silk bandages. Emerald was sitting next to the cushion, sprawled slightly over the side of it, and asleep. The two zombie fairies were also there, floating silently at what would have been a foot board, if this were a bed. She wasn't quite sure whether they were there out of worry for her condition, as Emerald probably was, or if they were simply waiting to see if she could still fight back, if they tried something.

And Yuugi, of course, having ignored any attempt at bothering with her own wounds in favor of the more important matter of draining what seemed to be at least two casks of mushroom ale and starting in on a third.

"Awake, are you?" She called. "Can you stand?"

.... Could she? She shifted slightly, to get a feel of whether or not she could.

"... Not yet." She admitted, after the pain had passed. "Tomorrow, probably, and with some difficulty, but right now I can barely move at all."

"Huh. Hope you weren't planning on any more personal fights in the next few days, then." Yuugi mused. "Well, I'll have that map drawn up for you soon. There'll be a toy shop, a clothing shop, and a metalworker's, just offhand. Toy shop is probably going to be the cheapest option, though you won't find anything great. It'll have weapons molded out of cheap pot-metal and a few dress-up clothes for dolls on hand, though. The other two... well, you'll have to commission anything you want from them, they generally just keep the raw materials in stock, and making it in proper sizes will be tricky. And tricky means expensive."

"I see. Thank you."

"Hey, don't mention it." Yuugi said, waving the gratitude off. "You won the bet, and all. And I've been thinking about the territory thing too. Sure, I can afford sneaky fairies slipping into the storage now and again to grab some of the cheap stuff... few dare try, but some take the chance, even knowing I'll swat them good if they get caught. Still happens, still a pain to clean up, not all of the bits go away with them when they do. But I was thinking, and there might be another way."

Tabuki nodded slowly, and Yuugi's smile widened.

"What does a bar need?" She asked seriously.

"Alcohol." Tabuki replied instantly, then continued after a moment of thought. "Lots of it. Little bowls of salty snacks. Um."

"Wenches." Yuugi replied simply. "Barmaids, waitresses, whatever the term is these days. And as that goes, they're surprisingly tricky to find. There's very, very few Youkai that would agree to work a menial job for just money. Sure, I could just force someone to do the work, but they'd keep trying to find ways out of it, or interpreting instructions poorly... all around, it's mostly a bad idea, unless I make some more binding arrangement. And really, I'd prefer not to do that. So Youkai are out. Humans are always an option. Some have enough pride to refuse the work, but throw coin about, and there's always someone happy to take it. The problem is that the only humans to be found down here are the once or twice in a century wanderer that made it through the tunnels, some rampaging warrior, now and again, that's come down to fix something they see as a problem and never stay long, and dead ones. None of them really work out. Then there's fairies..."

Yuugi grinned.

"And usually, those are even worse options than Youkai. Can't keep them in line by overpowering them, because it doesn't matter if they die, less discipline than Youkai, can only keep them constrained by giving them something they want in exchange. Usually, it's cheap, which is one good point. Generally food, or booze. Sometimes they just want a quiet, out of the way bed reserved for them to sleep in. Or do other things. And they'll do their part, sure. As long as they remember they're supposed to, anyway."

Yuugi shrugged.

"You've got a way with them, though. Put a few questions out, but you employ some at Satori's? Hearing through the grapevine that they're actually making themselves a little more useful than her own. For one, they actually work all day, instead of just poking at their job for an hour or three, then wandering off to investigate something shiny, or take a nap. You order them to do something, and they might grumble about it, but they do it. And for fairies... that's weird."

"It's how things work." Emerald said, yawning as she rose. "Tabby's a Leader in a game invented by Higher Faerie, where all the leaders are Higher Faerie. That makes her a Higher Fae by default, non-fairieness aside. We're a part of her army... that means her whims come before ours. Are more important. Uh... It's hard to explain."

"Don't bother trying." Yuugi advised. "I only really care about the results. I doubt many people really care about the intricacies of faerie politics anyway. More importantly, let's talk wages. Satori has the service of your troops for one silver a day. I'll match that, and more if they get proper uniforms, and start learning to do it well. Up to five, like her... there'll be some slump periods during the day, but lots of people get hungry or feel like drinking all at the same time, and extra hands during the rush bits are always good. Aside from that, I can teach a few of your girls to brawl like Oni, some time, if you want. We can talk about it later."

"That is... acceptable." Tabuki agreed, eyes beginning to slowly draw closed.

"Alright then. One last thing before you sleep, though. You don't 'surrender' to Oni." She said seriously. "It's shameful, admitting to everyone that can see that not only can you not win, but you have no confidence that you can come back and win some other time. Losing outright and honestly is better, but that's tricky, if neither side wants you to die and you're in a bad state already. Calling a draw is fine, if both sides agree. There's no winner and no loser, so there's no pride to be had, but nobody gets shamed either. Or, well, you can always propose, too." She said awkwardly. "But that's usually pretty situational, and if you try to pull it then the other side has to either say yes or try to kill you. Don't have to actually succeed, but there has to be honest effort. But keep that in mind, surrender is humiliation for Oni."

"Duly noted..." Tabuki said quietly, as she drifted off into slumber.

---

When she woke, Yuugi was partially clothed, reclined, and snoring loudly in a nearby, comfortable looking chair, there was a map folded and held by one of her undead fairies, and Emerald was slumped across the cushion just to her side. It was slightly earlier than she normally woke, but a quick check assured her that she was once more capable of standing up and walking around, and she had to think about what the day's plans would be.

War Chest:
-Clothes
-Wand of Light
-Official Documents
18 silvers

Scouting report Update:

Princess's Troll Bridge
["Leader"] Parsee Mizuhashi. HP: ???, Damage Estimation: ???
Danmaku Mooks x12. HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2.
Melee Mook x1. HP: 10. Damage estimation: 1-2.


[ ] Today's War Plans (refer to note below)

[ ]Read a book? (Refer to previous list, 5 silver fee).
[ ] You should chat with someone. You may have to hunt them down, though.
- [ ] Orin.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] "Take me to Mima's Prison, please."
-- [ ] Come to think of it, what was that thing she dumped in the hellfires, and why?
-- [ ] Report what you've learned.
- [ ] Satori.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Satori's Mysterious Sister [Cha/Perception/Influence]
- [ ] Okuu.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Kappa.
- [ ] Yuugi.
-- [ ] Write-in Topic.
-- [ ] Make a Purchase.
-- [ ] Discuss 'Oni Brawling'.
-- [ ] Make a personal challenge. (write in terms, stakes)
-- [ ] The four oni.
- [ ] Parsee.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Nitori
-- [ ] Engineering [Int/Luck]
-- [ ] Kappa Projects [Int/Cha/Influence]
-- [ ] Write-in topic
(From here down, if chosen, cannot be used in war actions today.)
- [ ] Beryl "Feary"
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] 'MMM'
-- [ ] General comfort, etc, attempted alleviation of psychological trauma. [Cha]
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Any other soldier.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
- [ ] Emerald.
-- [ ] Write-in topic.
-- [ ] Quality of Art.
-- [ ] Quality of Reports.
-- [ ] Ask about fairy versatility.
[ ] Wander out and about randomly, see what happens. [Luck/Perception]
- [ ] The Palace.
- [ ] The City.
- [ ] Tunnels III area.
[ ] Track down Sakura.
[ ] Visit the Toy Shop.
[ ] Visit the Clothes Shop.
[ ] Visit the Metalworker's.

Yuugi's Influence is at... Yeesh, 80. You've impressed her. This is in spite of Tabuki being a magic/brains person, and Yuugi being closer to 'PUNCH FOR THE PUNCH GOD'. She really appreciates the amount of force you can bring to bear, in spite of you being less than physically capable. It would have been higher, if you could have kept going longer, or if you were fighting physically, but that's neither here nor there.
>> No. 142271
File 130785700465.jpg - (309.38KB , 920x720 , 848c2441ce7d110fe5ec649313e5a791.jpg ) [iqdb]
142271
Nice update. I thought Yuugi would be against someone doing battle in a half death state. Surrendering a single battle doesn't necessarily mean giving up forever and ever. Oh well, that's Oni for you. About orders and topics, it makes more sense to talk to Yuugi, she shouldn't really move that much.

-[x] Yuugi.
-- [x] Discuss 'Oni Brawling'
-[x] Emerald
--[x] Give him the day off (Talk)
---[x] Congratulate him for a job well done.
---[x] Quality of art
---[x] "How do like the war so far?"
---[x] Relax with him for the rest of the day.

[x] War Plans
-[x] Station 2 fairies in Palace (DMs B, F)
-[x] Station 3 fairies in Yuugi's bar (MMs F, G, H)
-[x] Station fairies in each of the 8 conquered territories (MM I J K L DM G H I J)
-[x] Attack West Tunnels Fork (ZF A MMs A B C DM A FF A) Orders: Concentrate fire (attack one individual until it dies, then move on to the next) Priorities: Zombie Fairies, Cave squid, MM, DM.
-[x] Attack South Tunnels Fork. (ZF B DMs C D E MM D FF A) Orders: Concentrate fire (attack one individual until it dies, then move on to the next) Priorities: Zombie Fairies, DM, MM.

Questions:
1-How many turns between removing all troops from a territory and neutral troops spawining (or deserting to) there? We have 8 fairies just standing around.
>> No. 142273
>>142271
I thought Emerald was a "she"
>> No. 142290
>>142273

Well, Tabuki was the bride, so in a way...
>> No. 142291
[x] Yuugi.
-- [x] She mentioned uniforms would increse the fairie's pay. Discuss the details, and what the uniforms should look like.
-- [x] Discuss 'Oni Brawling'.
-- [x] The four oni.
--- [x] Bonus topic: If the war can help those 4 oni get back in shape, they would be a happy addition to our ranks. Even if they were only to defend they would be a great help, though they would benefit more by fighting in the front lines.


Now, speaking to Yuugi is ok, stronger fighters are always good. For the next turns, I propose: we go to the clothes shop to get the uniforms first and the same fairies staitones at the bar for a long period; go to the Metalworks shop to buy decent equipment, mainly weapons (it's proven that killing the enemy first and quickly has more benefits); talking to Orin about the Miko and Mima; looking for the Miko.

[x] Today's war plans:
-[x]Station DM K and MM E, G and I at the Palace
-[x]Station MMs M, J, H, DMs B and F at Yuugi's Bar
-[x]Station MMs F, K, L, I and DMs G, H, I and J across the other territories.
--[x] Invade Tunnels III-1 with Emerald, both Zombies, and MMA and B. Emerald and MMs focus on the normal fairies first and then help Deady and MrkII, which should engage only the enemy's zombie fairies, one at a time. (Don't want to recruit another Necrophobe.)
--[x] Invade Passage to Tunnels IV with the unstationed fairies (2 FF, 2 MMs and 3 DM, right?). Focus on the zombie fairy first, thenf ire at will.
---[x] Roll for the strategy bouns. If only one group can be benefitted from the roll, then roll for the group attacking Passage to Tunnels IV.

We have 10 territories now. After we reach Nitori, we will have to choose between we expanding or increasing production. We need to maximize production at Yuugi's bar (by getting some uniforms and leaving trained personel with her), and visit the shops for equipment (and uniforms!). For now, I'm taking 9 of the 10 possible silver coins we can receive, we need money to buy the uniforms. Fortunetly, double expandings still seems possible.
>> No. 142292
Hey Kahi, did the last fight not give the fairies any experience? There wasn't any notice of them gainning xp, but considering how every battle so far has given +1 xp, I'm assuming you decided to omit the message of xp gain? Is it safe to assume that every battle gives only 1xp, and that fighting is the only mean to gain xp?
>> No. 142301
Oh geeze. Did I forget the xp bit? Yeah, every fairy that was in on it and didn't get KO'd got +1 xp. If it had been a real leader battle, with Yuugi and Tabuki fighting alongside their groups, and you'd still won, it would have been more... but it wasn't and you didn't, so.

Troops question, pretty sure I answered this, but if you leave a place unguarded you'll have lost it by the next turn/day.
>> No. 142318
[x]>>142291

I second this.
>> No. 142327
File 130792221890.jpg - (156.23KB , 750x750 , 2720ecd8a2c23ccf84bec0e25d9f567b7ca4c884.jpg ) [iqdb]
142327
Alright kiddies, you know what time it is? That's right, Bonus time. Feel free to keep voting for what to do 'today', I'll start it up in a new thread when I get around to rolling and writing.

Now, this story took a sharp left turn to where I expected it to go somewhere, but that's fine. I can work with this.

For the bonus, you can pick:

A- something you missed, or an alternate choice you could have made, kind of limited because with the current setup there's not so much 'you choose this instead of that' as there is 'this first, then that later'. Still some stuff to work with there, though.

B- some background information on a character of your choice, any character that's been so much as mentioned is valid.

C- Advance scouting report. You pick an area, 'tunnels x', 'subtunnels x', 'surface', 'makai', whatever. I will post the map of that area, including the territory breakdown as it stands right now. This may change if there's another army in that area, but you won't get updated if they decide to move unless you get your foot in the door. If you pick a place I haven't mapped out yet, either because I'm not sure whether you'll bother to head that way or not, or because you shouldn't be able to go there, like 'the moon', or places that probably don't exist like 'deepingdale, hall of the viking-mechanic-dwarves', I will swear violently and then prepare a map of it. Your call, if you go this way. No guarantees that there'll actually be a way given for you to get there.

D- Rumor mill. You pick this, and I'll pick a tidbit of potentially useful information out for you at random, as though you had just overheard someone mentioning this in passing. Could be 'x area is crawling with y enemies these days', the general location of interesting things, where some sort of resource can be found, just stuff. Usefulness may vary, depending on what tidbit you get.

Anyway, moving along.

A-

[ ] Red Hair in an empty tunnel.
[ ] The road not traveled.
[ ] Figure in the Dark.
[ ] Dreams of the past.
[ ] Hey, one at a time, now.
[ ] Awkward conversations.
[ ] Retreat.
[ ] CHAAAAAARGE.
[ ] Reverse the flow.

B-
[ ] Background Information (Character 'X')

C-
[ ] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'X')

D-
[ ] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.

Pick one, and enjoy.
>> No. 142336
[x] Background Information (Emerald)
>> No. 142338
[x] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.
Mystery option
>> No. 142340
[x] Advance Scouting Report (Area 'deepingdale, hall of the viking-mechanic-dwarves')
Come at me bro.

But in all honesty, Info on Emerald would be good seeing as how the choices we miss dont effect us directly (unless we skipped some huge ass plot-point which you hopefully arent that much of a dick to do to us), and we'll be meeting Mima soon enough.
[x] Background Information (Emerald)
>> No. 142346
[x]>>142271
[x] Tidbit from the Rumor Mill.
>> No. 142348
[x]>>142291

Mainly because I'm not sure the other war plans can actually defeat the opposition.

[x] Background Information (That Miko that annoys Satori)

Well, this might help us to stop her. Satori has hinted that somthing is wrong with Sakura's mind, this can help us to deal with her.

Or is this info considered metaknowledge and we can't actually use it as Tabuki?
>> No. 142350
>>142348

I won't lie to you. Pick this, and every bit of information I give you about Sakura will be the truth. But you won't get the whole story. You'll be limited to what she knows about herself and what she's doing, right now.

In other words, what you get will be pockmarked with spoilered gibberish, and you won't get to know if it's because her mind has been screwed with, with either sinister motives or 'for the greater good', or if she's just not all there herself. Or maybe she just suffered a serious head injury at some point, and she's missing chunks of things because amnesia happened, who knows.

You will, however, get some useful information if you go this way, though it's nothing you can't find out later on your own.

I'll just sit back and keep watching this, now.
>> No. 142351
>>142350

Are the votes called? Because I just deleted >>142334 to change my vote from Mima's Background to Sakura's.

[x] Background Information (Sakura)
>> No. 142352
Nah. Waiting to see if there's going to be an overwhelming majority for one option, and/or one breaks three votes, whichever.

Can't write today anyway, stuff to do, I'm just glancing in now and again while I work on other stuff. I'll call 'em either late tonight or sometime tomorrow.
>> No. 142384
Emerald- II
Tidbit- II
Sakura-II

Yeah, okay, next vote for any of these calls it, then.
>> No. 142387
>You will, however, get some useful information if you go this way, though it's nothing you can't find out later on your own
Gee, great vote.
>> No. 142388
Some strange nutbar over one's spouse? classic /th/ anon stupidity.
>> No. 142389
To be perfectly fair, if there's anything you want to know about Emerald, you can ask her, and at this point she'll basically regale you with her entire life story, as far as her limited fairy memory goes. You just won't be able to use her in war actions that day.
>> No. 142390
>>142387
>>142388

Geez, alright, then.

[x] Emerald

Changing vote if it will make people happier. We can discover many things frmo Emerald just by asking her anyway.
>> No. 142392
File 130807951273.png - (40.71KB , 450x340 , 17597523_786554.png ) [iqdb]
142392
>>142389
I tried, but my vote to talk with your spouse didn't win.
>>142390
Chill, it was a joke. And even if it wasn't, do what you feel like man. It's just, like, your vote.
>> No. 142406
File 130809182795.jpg - (1.00MB , 850x1201 , Emerald_origins.jpg ) [iqdb]
142406
Okay, finished putting together the bio on Sakura when I refreshed and vote has changed. I would have just posted it anyway, but a spouse is fine too.

---

[Emerald]

Emerald originally lived in a small, vacated animal burrow beneath a berry bush in the Forest of Magic, and remained there even as the scuffles of the Fae war began, the territory of the bush patch changing hands frequently between Luna Child and Sunny Milk, both more than happy to allow her to remain there as long as they received their portion of berries.

However, at some point, Lily decided to push into the Forest, conquering a sizable portion until the three fairies allied to prevent her from taking the rest. Lily, unlike Luna or Sunny, instantly declared that she was going to let some of her soldiers live in the berries if they wanted. Only so many fairies could be supported by the bushes, however, and Emerald wasn't the only fairy living in the patch. The matter was settled simply, by drawing lots to see who stayed and who would go, and Emerald lost.

Following that, she wandered about Gensokyo for a while, generally trying to find someplace else to live that was as good or better than berry bushes, only to rapidly find everywhere she tried already full to capacity. With varying degrees of unwillingness to, and incapability of, forcing someone out of their own place to take it for herself, she looked further and further afield. At one point, she wandered outside for a while. It proved to be less than pleasant, as while there was exponentially less competition, there was also less to compete over, all of it of a drastically lower quality than she was used to, and living at all in the magical desert that Outside proved to be was somewhat difficult. She returned swiftly, and after another brief period of wandering, found herself in the tunnels to the underground.

At that time, it was still an 'official' hell, and as such Satori's palace was far busier than its current state, and so even one extra pair of easily-distracted hands was much appreciated, and an arrangement was rapidly worked out. At the time, however, having lived in a hole in the ground or the wilderness her whole life, Emerald was not completely familiar with many social norms, including 'habitual cleanliness', 'modesty', 'chastity', or 'permission', and was driven by impulsive whim every bit as much, or more, than any other fairy. After several highly awkward incidents, in one case involving a Yama on a tour of duty, a new rule was created for her and strictly enforced: Unless given permission, she was not to touch anyone improperly. As a further method of punishment, the fairy maids were instructed that if they gave permission, they could seek employment elsewhere. As they had a good thing going, it wasn't difficult for them to agree.

Not being the most intellectual or devious sort around, the thought of a loophole, leaving the palace to play outside of Satori's technical jurisdiction, never actually occurred to her. This was probably for the better, although by the time Tabuki arrived, several decades after this point, Emerald had become quite frustrated with the limitation indeed. She was the one to find Tabuki, on the palace grounds and unconscious, and so received the job of caring for her, after being reminded that the rules applied to all guests. Tabuki's poorly chosen simplification of 'I won't get angry if' was, however, taken instead as 'I give you permission to', and she immediately took advantage of the opportunity.

She honestly does not understand why Tabuki was so upset following that particular incident, nor does she completely grasp the concepts of 'marriage' or 'monogamy', but she has decided to do her best at it, and if confused, will defer to Tabuki's judgement. This doesn't stop her from looking.

Her strong point is her physical strength and endurance, above average for a fairy, though not the strongest around. She enjoys using this to her advantage, however, and her excitement bleeds over to troops who battle similarly to her. She is not familiar with the use of weapons, though she can use them she has no particular skill with any and prefers to simply punch her opponents. It does wear irritatingly on her knuckles, however, though a set of leather gloves or guantlets would both reduce this discomfort and increase the damage she could inflict. She is not particularly notable in most other respects.

She is technically old enough that, if she wished, she could change her body to a larger size. However, for various reasons, she honestly prefers being tiny, and the thought of growing never really crosses her mind. She is familiar with some of the creatures of the underground, but not all of them. Though fairies do not have to eat, she enjoys the sensation of being full, and has something of a sweet tooth. Treats made with berries are a personal favorite. She does not have any particular like or dislike for most meats, but due to several incidents before arriving in the underground city, if given a choice she will eat cave-squid meat before any other, as the flavor is enriched with her spite. She bears a respectful wariness of Oni, as she has been accidentally killed by them on multiple occasions. This did not stop her from verbally browbeating and haranguing Yuugi into allowing her to tend to Tabuki's injuries personally, though Yuugi was more amused by it than anything else.

She does not know if Tabuki will die if she is killed. She is not eager to find out, either. The thought vaguely unsettles her, and she isn't sure how she would react if such a situation were to occur, and prove to be permanent.

She kind of likes the zombies, now that she's gotten used to them, although she still keeps a watchful eye and does what she can not to look too temptingly tasty in their presence.
>> No. 142423
Wow, We learnt a lot of actually useful info about Emerald, As in she can grow to a bigger size, Should use Leather Gloves and such, And her favorite food. I think we know how to appeal to her now, At least a bit better.
>> No. 142432
File 130811212242.png - (1.06MB , 800x1131 , huh.png ) [iqdb]
142432
Pic related. My face when I realize that war plans specify MMI to be in two places at once.

Going to go out on a limb, after counting everyone and having one DM left over from expected amount, and say you meant one of those to be DME. Whatever, I probably should have read that earlier.

Anyway, roll against int is 7 for a success, so you know.
>> No. 142444
>>142423
I still think that talking to her every now and then could also have helped.
>> No. 142447
>>142444
But how often would that happen with Anon focused on conquest,conquest, conquest?
>> No. 142454
>>142432

I really need to proofread my own posts better. Whenever I plan these war schedule I start with a simple thing, and then I keep changing it all over and evolve it into the final post.
>> No. 152268
New thread:

>>142475