[Return]
Archived thread

File 13015211376.jpg - (919.93KB , 999x1397 , I thought I had a chance.jpg ) [iqdb]
138582 No. 138582
Thread 13 >>133878
Thread 14 >>134719
Thread 15 >>136072

In which socially-awkward touhou(s) flub.


[X] Enough of this angsty juvenile crap.
---- [X] This is nothing, alright? This is nothing.
---- [X] You will be calm. You will not be defensive. You will be moderately apologetic, not because you feel guilt, but because that's just how man-woman shit works. And you will find out what the deal is with that stupid awesome hat.
[X]-PEASE




Mokou slides a glare in your direction before entering Keine’s bedroom. Keine’s muffled protests and Mokou’s low scolding shortly ensue.

A discordant symphony of battling emotions crescendos within your breast, overwhelming your thoughts. In seconds you’re going to be face-to-face with Keine.

“Hurry!” Cirno hisses at you, snatching your robe off the bed. “Fabbo! Flabbyfize!” she speaks urgently to the garment.

“What are you doing?”

“Fabolositize!” Cirno hisses with increasing agitation, shaking the robe vigorously. “Fabulosity! The robe reacts to the command word, activating the glamer charm. The robe’s handsome gray hue turns jet black, and the bright starscape once again blossoms over it.

“Wha-” you manage, before Cirno flings the robe into your arms. “Put’em on!” she hisses. You properly don the robe.

“What’s with you?” you inquire, turning towards your assailant, but Cirno has up and vanished.

“NOO~” Keine wails from the bedroom, her raised voice easily carrying through the thin wooden wall. “I’m not going anywhere! I can never show my face in public again!”

“You’re. Getting. UP,” Mokou growls, and you hear the muffled sound of something big rolling across the floor.

Taking advantage of the extra time, you take a deep breath, concentrate, and proceed to panic. You came galloping back here from the Mansion to make things right with Keine, before you even knew how. Jumping without looking is standard procedure for you, but step two generally entails flinging evocation spells until your problems are reduced to neat little piles of dust. For the first time in your life, you find that approach lacking.

You grind your knuckles into your temples, tremendous frustration seizing you. “This is stupid,” you hiss. You’ve played for far higher stakes then this: the safety of cities, the fate of kingdoms, your own life. And now you balk at the feelings of a small-town schoolteacher? This is nothing. At least it’s a damn sight more trivial then the youkai giant and the killer ghosts on the loose. And you? You fold space-time into origami cranes for giggles, so this is nothing.

Because you’re a Wizard. And you get shit done.

“No!” Keine shouts, and her hat comes sailing out of the bedroom doorway with considerable force. “I’m never wearing that stupid thing again! It’s damn silly!”

“KEINE!” Mokou exclaims, mortified. “That’s the symbol of-”

FUCK the symbol!” Keine screeches. The uncharacteristic curse makes you flinch involuntarily. “A-and the whole d-damn affair!”

“No!” Mokou shouts, aghast. “You can’t-”

“Yes I can!” Keine roars back. “Everything! It’s cost me everything and now it’s cost me – it – oh dammit!

“But you’re-”

“NOTHING!” Keine screeches. “N-nobody even comes to my stupid school, so why should he-”

“He’s HERE, you moron!” Mokou yells. “He’s in the main room right now!

There’s a stifled squeak! from the bedroom, then nothing.

The world goes dark as your hat is slapped onto your head, and a second later something tangled and woody is thrust into your off-hand. The rapid attack does your jangling nerves no good.

“WHAAAUGRHG” you cry, flailing blindly for your assailant, when a hard shove from behind sends you flying forward. Trying to catch yourself, you stumble forward a few feet and your forehead collides with a doorframe.

“Fthuggbl,” you say, staggering dizzily. With your free hand you tilt your hat back to uncover your eyes. You find yourself in the doorway to Keine’s bedroom. Keine and her white-haired friend are looking at you.

Surprised blue eyes. Tear-stained cheeks framed by disheveled blue-white hair.

You can only stare at Keine in consternation. A dozen different emotions leap for control of your tongue, but get jammed shoulder-to-shoulder somewhere in your throat.

“... is that my rosebush?” Keine says quizzically.

You follow her gaze to your hand, where there is indeed a very small rosebush, dirt still clinging to the bare roots.

“He got those for you because he’s really sorry!” Cirno shouts eagerly from the room behind you.

Sorry.

An old instinct from years of perilous adventuring kicks in – when disaster strikes, above all, do something, anything. Your brain latches onto sorry and hauls ass for the goal-posts.

“I am severely regretful of the currently strained relations between us and hope for swift reconciliation of our differences and I abhor any lapses or misunderstandings or errors of comprehension on my part which may have led to the communication breakdown between us this morning and furthermore to the utmost I am sorrowful over-”

“I’m sorry,” Keine says.

“Spuh~” you croak as your pseudo-apology sputters to a halt.

“I – I really – that wasn’t fair,” she mutters, looking at your feet. “I... well, you said, uh, that it wasn’t about... well you did hate the hat but you said, uh... You were nervous.” She’s clasping her hands so tightly you can see her arms trembling a bit. “I knew I was wrong as soon as you said it, but everybody was watching and I just... I was embarrassed. And angry. So I went and made a huge scene, like an idiot.” Her eyes glisten, and she quickly pinches the bridge of her nose to hide it. “I’m a fool. Please, forgive me, I’ll never do anything like that again, I swear it.”

The bitter stew of resentment and confusion gurgles faintly as it drains out of your breast. Keine is staring at her feet, hands clasped white-knuckled, awaiting your response.

“B-buh-” a sediment of guilt clogs in your throat.

Keine waits.

“But...”

You leer at every piece of ass in Gensokyo! your memory echoes.

“I am an asshole, and I do leer-”

“I was just saying that,” Keine says softly, her voice nearly breaking. “I mean, you said it yourself, a man is allowed to look...” she looks up at you and tries a faltering smile. “It’s so silly, I mean, me actually arguing Cirno’s moral judgments...” her voice trails off into an awkward silence.

Mokou, who’s hovering behind Keine, tilts her head and mouths words at you. Say something, moron!

“So you’re not angry at me,” you say, sampling the idea.

“Of course not!”

“And you... think I’m angry at you, for making a scene?”

Keine flushes, and turns her eyes on the floor again. “In front of the whole Scarlet Devil Mansion. You’ve a right.”

She thinks you’re more concerned with the opinions of a bunch of vampire lackeys with stupid hats then with hers. You can’t quite put your horror at this situation into words, so you voice the more obvious objection.

“So. Me. Worried over a... scene,” you marvel. “This is me we’re talking about; did the last three days just vanish from your memory? Since our argument this morning-” You begin ticking off incidents on your fingers – “I’ve gone temporarily insane, been tackled by a greased tentacle monster, knocked out Patchouli with one of her own bookshelves, sent my magic chest on a property-destruction rampage and gotten into a truly grueling bar fight.”

“That... does sound like you,” Keine admits, nonplussed.

“Exactly. I average two scenes an hour, and I drag you through most of ‘em. So no, I’m not angry.”

“So...” Keine’s voice fails, and she looks off to one side, nervously fingering a strand of hair, waiting for you to speak. Mokou is mouthing something at you while holding forth at length in some sort of sign language. It seems she either thinks you were punched in the head as a child, or she wishes to punch you in the head right now.

You hold the little rosebush up. “I’m going to return this now.”

Keine nods mutely, and you make good your escape from the bedroom. Outside, you locate the spot where Cirno uprooted the rosebush, and you jam it back into the earth as firmly as possible. There’s a few more rosebushes of similar size arrayed in the newly-turned earth of the flowerbed; apparently Keine was recently engaged in landscaping. By some minor miracle, the transdimensional Fireball you used to toast the ghosts yesterday stopped just short of vaporizing the flowers, though most of the lawn is blackened.

You sigh shakily and lean against the front door.

She did it again. A few words, and your assault falls apart like so much wet paper. In Yuyuko’s garden yesterday... or in your room at the Mansion that night... and just now. To say nothing of how your AWESOME WIZARD GETS SHIT DONE bravado disintegrated in under thirty seconds when you set out on your errand not an hour earlier. Your indomitable courage, prize of many bitter struggles, counts for nothing against Keine. The concept is so alien that you just couldn’t comprehend it. Your personal shoulder archon would probably implicate a healthy dose of denial, but he’s not here right now, so you’ll assign blame as you please.

Thus composed, you brush the dirt off your hands and step inside.

“-know about propriety!?” Cirno’s outraged voice accuses from the kitchen. “You go flying around over town with a dress on!”

“Young lady, you’re going to get a headbutt!” Keine retorts. Cirno comes flying out the kitchen entryway and makes a sharp turn to dive under your bed. Keine appears in the doorway, bearing a loaded tea tray.
“She got away. Lucky,” Keine says, suppressing a giggle. Walking towards her, you catch sight of Cirno’s little legs sticking out from under your bed. The schoolteacher sets the tray down on the dining room table and beckons you over. You join her at the table, sitting cross-legged for a change.

Mokou enters from the kitchen bearing a tray of sandwiches. She lays it on the table and flops onto her pad carelessly. “Cirno, come eat,” she insists.

You eye the repast suspiciously. “I wasn’t outside five minutes. How’d you heat the water so fast?

Keine smiles a little. “Like this,” she says, and leans across the table corner to caress your cheek. A faint tingle plays on your skin, and the ache from your black eye vanishes.

“... oh,” you say, distracted by the feel of Keine’s palm on your cheek. Mokou coughs sharply, and Keine jerks her hand away abruptly.

“I heated it earlier,” Mokou says, “and it got cold. Keine just dialed the history back a bit.”

“Now there’s something Sakuya can’t do. She can stop time, but she can’t unravel it like that.” You rub your eye, pleased. “Thanks; that headache was distracting. Will it last as long as last time?

“Just about,” Keine says vaguely.

“Permanently,” Mokou interjects firmly. “We’re close enough to the full moon, now, she can effect permanent change on smaller things like that.” Keine bites her lip and flicks her eyes at Mokou, who studiously ignores her.

From the corner of your eye you notice Cirno slipping along the wall behind you as slowly as possible, back flat to the wood.

“How did... everything at the library go?” Keine asks tentatively.

You briefly contemplate expounding on Pyonta, explosive alchemy, and Patchouli’s new kitty ears, then evaluate Mokou’s cold, watchful gaze.

“Just fine.”

“Oh.”

You sip your tea.

Cirno, having worked her way behind you, cautiously approaches the table. Keeping you between her and Keine, she carefully takes a sandwich from the tray and munches on it, one hand gripping your sleeve. Mokou continues to favor you with a cold, disdainful look, like you’re at fault for something.

Everybody sips their tea in silence.


[ ] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
[ ] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
[ ] You know what we could use? An alchemist’s set. Let’s go buy one.
[ ] Visit Marisa (if you dare.) You’ve got some questions about those mushroom reagents she uses.
[ ] Write-in?


Go wild with this one.

>> No. 138585
[X] Visit Marisa (if you dare.) You’ve got some questions about those mushroom reagents she uses.

Sixteen threads, Demetrious.

Sixteen freaking threads.

Damn it.
>> No. 138586
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.

We should probably take him away from the SDM before he kills Koakuma.
>> No. 138587
[X] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.

>Keine bites her lip and flicks her eyes at Mokou, who studiously ignores her.
Oh boy, more drama foreshadowing. Keine's just a miserable pile of anxiety, isn't she? Complement the horns when she has them, anon. Let's not have to do this all over again.
>> No. 138588
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
-[x] Don't forget to mention the cat ears to Keine
>> No. 138592
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.

Duke mah boi, chasing after a devil with a sword isn't the way to win her heart.
>> No. 138593
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
-[x] Don't forget to mention the cat ears to Keine

...At the very least, it could be an icebreaker maybe?
>> No. 138594
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
>> No. 138595
[x] Visit Marisa (if you dare.) You’ve got some questions about those mushroom reagents she uses.
>> No. 138596
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.

Because Duke is quite the funny man.
>> No. 138598
[x] IT'S TALKING TIME! We are resolving our ISSUES NOW!. It might be awkward, but it needs to be done.
1) Look, we need to stop this awkwardness between us. We blew up just as bad as she did, and we shouldn't have. We both made mistakes and are sorry for them. We forgive each other and move on.
2) Just so we're on the same page, we don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat and it adds to your charm and appeal.
3) More so, we dare say that there's not a single hat on this crazy demi-plane you wouldn't make look good.
4) Just as an aside, what is it about the hat? I really want to know, because if it matters that much to you, we should have an appreciation of why it is so.
5) By the way, Keine offered to talk about our... dream, this morning. Do she still want to? She tell us about her hat and her past, and the Wizard'll tell her about his dream and his past. Equivalent exchange and all? Show of trust and communication from both of us, so we can avoid blowing up at each other like that again.
6) OKAY! Now that we've cleared up the air from that blowout and made more steps towards understanding each other, we're going to make a little sit-rep, gather Duke from the Mansion together, do a little shopping for an alchemy set and whatever Keine wants, our treat. And tonight, we're going to take down the Society together and have some godsdamned FUN doing so.

We need to clear the air and reconcile fully with Keine. This awkwardness needs to go. And there's nothing like smashing apart a cult as a couple family group to clear up tensions and reforge bonds under the common effort and hilarity that often pops up from such thing. All the talking before hand will allow us to drop some of our defences and trust Keine with ourselves and our secrets, hopefully with her doing the same.

I want a MONSTER update for this one. A wall that'll make the Great Wall of China look like a miniature.

Oh and :
[x] At an appropriate time, hug Keine. Just a warm and kind hug to show that we do care, in a physical fashion. Add some concrete reality to our words.

And I welcome any suggestions from fellow posters to the subjects and/or questions to be talked/asked in our discussion with Keine. But we need to Talk, not Run off to another thing to do. It's character/relationship development time.
>> No. 138600
[x] You know what we could use? An alchemist’s set. Let’s go buy one.

You know what'd be cool? Doing something mudane and fairly normal for once, ecspecially since running off to the mansion again might give Keine enough time to have a relapse. Besides, random encounters.
>> No. 138602
>>138598
This for my vote as well
>> No. 138607
[x] IT'S TALKING TIME! We are resolving our ISSUES NOW!. It might be awkward, but it needs to be done.
1) Look, we need to stop this awkwardness between us. We blew up just as bad as she did, and we shouldn't have. We both made mistakes and are sorry for them. We forgive each other and move on.
2) Just so we're on the same page, we don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat and it adds to your charm and appeal.
3) More so, we dare say that there's not a single hat on this crazy demi-plane you wouldn't make look good.
4) Just as an aside, what is it about the hat? I really want to know, because if it matters that much to you, we should have an appreciation of why it is so.
5) By the way, Keine offered to talk about our... dream, this morning. Do she still want to? She tell us about her hat and her past, and the Wizard'll tell her about his dream and his past. Equivalent exchange and all? Show of trust and communication from both of us, so we can avoid blowing up at each other like that again.
6) OKAY! Now that we've cleared up the air from that blowout and made more steps towards understanding each other, we're going to make a little sit-rep, gather Duke from the Mansion together, do a little shopping for an alchemy set and whatever Keine wants, our treat. And tonight, we're going to take down the Society together and have some godsdamned FUN doing so.

Yeah, dancing around the issue like teenagers is stupid, so let's not do that.
>> No. 138608
>>138598
Can I change my vote to this?
>> No. 138609
File 130152933186.jpg - (65.19KB , 540x560 , kimokeine.jpg ) [iqdb]
138609
[X] Write-in?
Have a nice cup of tea and a sit down.

No need to go adventuring RIGHT now. A little talk about background of Mokou, that full moon thingy.
>> No. 138610
Not this shit again... if dealing with the issue was possible, it would have been an option
>> No. 138611
>I thought I had a chance
I hope I'm interpreting that wrong. Anonymous, you idiot.
>> No. 138613
[X] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
[X] You know what we could use? An alchemist’s set. Let’s go buy one.
[X] Visit Marisa (if you dare.) You’ve got some questions about those mushroom reagents she uses.
[X] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.

ALL are good answers
>> No. 138614
I hereby declare that any write-in over 3 lines is 99% likely to be horrible cringeworthy stuff.
>> No. 138615
File 130153234825.jpg - (862.57KB , 1000x1262 , fef556352acf9872b2f12ef07c1bc6954d385f56.jpg ) [iqdb]
138615
>>138610
>if dealing with the issue was possible, it would have been an option

I wouldn't have offered a write-in option if it wasn't, and I did say go wild. I figured anonymous (and the MC) had had their fill of awkward relationship development for now, but if anon wants to go ahead with more of that right now, I'm happy to oblige.

This vote will ideally cover four hours from mid-afternoon (roughly the current time) till evening, when the Society meeting is set, so if you want to go that route, consider combining it with an offered vote option (a good way to defeat the lingering awkwardness; work together.) Condensed write-ins are better.

On write-ins: as many have noticed I entertain write-ins even when no [] Write In? option is presented; I'm just less likely to go for them because of circumstances. When the option is presented, they are specifically invited.
>> No. 138618
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
-[x] Don't forget to mention the cat ears to Keine

By the way... Take down? We're already about to do that?. I mean, sure, confrontation with Riku is inevitable, but still.
>> No. 138619
[x] That fuckhuge write-in.

>>138586
I'm sure Duke and the rest will be fine. He's lawful good, not lawful stupid. He already knows about the balance of power/fragile peace shit that's going down in Gensokyo.

Duke's just chasing Koa because it would look bad on his report if he doesn't.
>> No. 138620
[x] Deal with the matter at hand (the awkwardness) before doing anything else. ( >>138607 in short minus the derp)
[x] Go get Duke from the mansion.
-[x] Suggest some company to help assure the residents in the aftermath and to help bring things under control.
-[x] Get that alchemy set on the way back.

Now that I heard an approval from the writer's mouth, here's my shot at it. I get the feeling things will take a surprising turn with Duke and Koa.
>> No. 138622
>>138598 Here

Chaps, I would like nothing more than for my write-in to be corrected and perfected. As I provided the impetus towards resolving more comprehensively the issues, so must you choose how to say it if you are not satisfied with my wording (I am 3/4 dead from lack of sleep, please do as I don't really trust myself right now) or general direction of things.

I do find amusing that most of my write-in/votes have been used as they were in most threads I bother making them. But please correct me if you agree with the general thought but disagree with the details.

>>138620
This fellow right here has the right idea, although I do find his attempt to be a little too much copy-pasted.

Analyze, strategize and actualize your ideas of where you want to go. And then write.
>> No. 138623
[x] You know what we could use? An alchemist’s set. Let’s go buy one. Might want to check to see if anyone else wants to go out shopping as well, a nice walk and some fresh air might do everyone some good. If you can get a private moment with Keine to work a bit more of this out, great, otherwise stick to lighter topics.


As for the Duke option, wasn't he supposed to have poofed out a bit after the Wizard took off from the mansion? No point fetching him if he's not there any more, and I imagine there are better ways to check to see if he's still there than heading all the way back in person.
>> No. 138624
[x] IT'S TALKING TIME! We are resolving our ISSUES NOW!. It might be awkward, but it needs to be done.
1) Look, we need to stop this awkwardness between us. We blew up just as bad as she did, and we shouldn't have. We both made mistakes and are sorry for them. We forgive each other and move on.
2) Just so we're on the same page, we don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat and it adds to your charm and appeal.
3) More so, we dare say that there's not a single hat on this crazy demi-plane you wouldn't make look good.
4) Just as an aside, what is it about the hat? I really want to know, because if it matters that much to you, we should have an appreciation of why it is so.
5) By the way, Keine offered to talk about our... dream, this morning. Do she still want to? She tell us about her hat and her past, and the Wizard'll tell her about his dream and his past. Equivalent exchange and all? Show of trust and communication from both of us, so we can avoid blowing up at each other like that again.
6) OKAY! Now that we've cleared up the air from that blowout and made more steps towards understanding each other, we're going to make a little sit-rep, gather Duke from the Mansion together, do a little shopping for an alchemy set and whatever Keine wants, our treat. And tonight, we're going to take down the Society together and have some godsdamned FUN doing so.

We need to clear the air and reconcile fully with Keine. This awkwardness needs to go. And there's nothing like smashing apart a cult as a couple family group to clear up tensions and reforge bonds under the common effort and hilarity that often pops up from such thing. All the talking before hand will allow us to drop some of our defences and trust Keine with ourselves and our secrets, hopefully with her doing the same.

I want a MONSTER update for this one. A wall that'll make the Great Wall of China look like a miniature.

Oh and :
[x] At an appropriate time, hug Keine. Just a warm and kind hug to show that we do care, in a physical fashion. Add some concrete reality to our words.

And I welcome any suggestions from fellow posters to the subjects and/or questions to be talked/asked in our discussion with Keine. But we need to Talk, not Run off to another thing to do. It's character/relationship development time.

o and
x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify
>> No. 138625
138607

THIS.
>> No. 138626
[X] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.

I think Duke is alright where he is. He's polite and smart enough not to aggro the inhabitants of the mansion, and noble enough that he'll probably help clean up if he makes a mess chasing Koakuma around. Alchemist's set would be nice, but that's yet another trip into town, and we've finally got a quiet moment. Visiting Marisa? Uh. No, thank you.

I'm against all the options that involve leaving the house, really. Wouldn't doing so give Keine the impression that MCWizard is running away from her, however logically he explains his reasons for going out? Or would she come too? Wait... I just had an idea.

[X] Spend 10 minutes in Keine's garden casting Control Weather.
-[X] "Sunny daaay, keeping the clouds a-waaay..."

I can't imagine a spell with a casting time of ten minutes will be of much use later tonight with the Society, so why not? I don't know what the weather is like right now, but making sure it STAYS nice would be a fine way to keep everybody cheerful for just 10 minutes of effort. The 2-mile radius probably covers the whole town, too, even from Keine's front lawn. We've done enough property damage for now; just spend some time relaxing in the sun and identifying some items.
>> No. 138628
[x] >>138620

Seriously though, on the write-in issue, do try to keep them less wordy. Longer write-ins tend to get dangerously close to writing out the exact mannerisms and dialogue to the point that the people who make the write-ins may as well start their own story instead. That isn't to say that long write-ins are automatically terrible, and I look at each of them on an individual basis rather than refusing them just because they don't fit any of the given options that the writer planned for. But they really do start to constrain a writer's freedom with each bit of more specific action that is pre-written before creating the update itself.
>> No. 138629
>>138628
Simple is usually best, leaves the writer room to adjust.

>>138623
I don't think so, or else, McWizard would have remarked on it.
>> No. 138631
[X] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
[X] You know what we could use? An alchemist’s set. Let’s go buy one.
-[X]Buy materials for ALCHEMY
Before our meeting with the Society we should make the alchemic equivalent of flash bangs and give a couple to Duke. Just in-case shit hits the fan. That is assuming that making one doesn't require too much time.
>> No. 138633
[x] >>138620
>> No. 138634
[X] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
>> No. 138637
[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.

I'm curious.

Although,
[x] You know what we could use? An alchemist’s set. Let’s go buy one.
sounds mighty fine too. Identifying seems more important, though.
>> No. 138640
>>138628
All that, plus it's really stuff that should be said in private, not with Mokou and Cirno present.
>> No. 138641
[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
[x] Ask Keine if she'd like to assist.

More Keine time + Identified goodies, sounds like a win/win to me.
>> No. 138642
>>138607
I like this one, but how about we parse it down a bit? Not to mention get rid of the original number one. No offense mate, but that line NEVER works.

[x]Issue solving time, no escapee.
1. Lie if we have to, but we're not upset at all about the scene she caused. Drama and chaos are our SOP.
2. We don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat, and that's what we like about it.
3. Though we are curious what the deal with the hat is. Its obviously more than a hat, but we don't know what.
4. IF she offers something, anything, or even looks like she's considering offering something, then we can tell her about the dream. Let her see a bit of why we are how we are, and why friendships matter so much.
-If she doesn't... well that's a conversation for another day. We don't want to turn her bad day into a pity-me fest.
>> No. 138648
>>138629

It was mentioned back around when Duke was first summoned that Gensokyo might screw with the duration, giving you seventeen hours instead of days.

So... before he went charging off after Koa, he said it'd been roughly twelve hours, so five left. Then a forty five minute flight back, a few minutes chasing the chest around and introducing some folks to the wonders of Sparklee, and then another hour talking with Benson and picking up medication. So roughly three hours left, assuming the duration did get nerfed, and making the round trip would be an hour and a half, not counting any nonsense that mightwill spring up while you're there.

So if you do go to pick up Duke you'd have roughly an hour left. If you're lucky. He also mentioned wanting to report in, so you'd have to wait a few hours before trying to call him back.
>> No. 138652
>>138620

Much as I'd like to visit Marisa, Keine comes first.
>> No. 138653
[x] Deal with the matter at hand (the awkwardness) before doing anything else. ( >>138607 in short minus the derp)
[x] Go get Duke from the mansion.
-[x] Suggest some company to help assure the residents in the aftermath and to help bring things under control.
-[x] Get that alchemy set on the way back.

WALL time.
>> No. 138654
>>138640
part of the tension is caused by Mokou's glaring, resolving the matter also include things on her end as honestly, her hostility is best dealt with swiftly.
>> No. 138656
>>138626
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody Redux: The "A Wizard Did It" Edition.
>> No. 138661
[x] IT'S TALKING TIME! We are resolving our ISSUES NOW!. It might be awkward, but it needs to be done.
1) Look, we need to stop this awkwardness between us. We blew up just as bad as she did, and we shouldn't have. We both made mistakes and are sorry for them. We forgive each other and move on.
2) Just so we're on the same page, we don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat and it adds to your charm and appeal.
3) More so, we dare say that there's not a single hat on this crazy demi-plane you wouldn't make look good.
4) Just as an aside, what is it about the hat? I really want to know, because if it matters that much to you, we should have an appreciation of why it is so.
5) By the way, Keine offered to talk about our... dream, this morning. Do she still want to? She tell us about her hat and her past, and the Wizard'll tell her about his dream and his past. Equivalent exchange and all? Show of trust and communication from both of us, so we can avoid blowing up at each other like that again.
6) OKAY! Now that we've cleared up the air from that blowout and made more steps towards understanding each other, we're going to make a little sit-rep, gather Duke from the Mansion together, do a little shopping for an alchemy set and whatever Keine wants, our treat. And tonight, we're going to take down the Society together and have some godsdamned FUN doing so.
this and then some
>> No. 138678
[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.

MUST KNOW WHAT THINGS ARE
>> No. 138681
>>138661
did you even think before copying and pasting that down?
>> No. 138684
[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
[x] Ask Keine if she'd like to assist.

This talking shit is a bad vote.
>> No. 138685
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke
>> No. 138686
>>138684
the original vote itself is flawed, but the point is clear, and it's better we deal with this now than to let it fester and have it bite us in the ass at the worst possible time.
>> No. 138687
>>138686
Sounds like festering would make for a better story to me.
>> No. 138688
>>138687
You must be one of those "Suffering is art" faggots, aren't you?
>> No. 138689
File 130156523111.jpg - (525.55KB , 800x905 , 5d072061cee3ded1f51fbb2d5ffb6f83.jpg ) [iqdb]
138689
>11/03/30(Wed)21:38
>11/03/31(Thu)09:42
>47 posts and 2 images omitted. Click Reply to view.

The wet dream of every writer on thp. Demetrious is living it.
>> No. 138691
>>138688
No. Quickly resolving problems is boring. Especially if they're resolved by... ugh... talking.
>> No. 138693
>>138689

Twitty? Is that you, being insecure again?
>> No. 138694
[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.

Going back to the mansion might not be a good idea. I'm pretty sure someone's caught on to Patchouli's new catness. We...don't want to be caught up in that.
>> No. 138696
>>138693

Why does every keep thinking I actually read this story!? And no, I deal with those issues elsewhere.
>> No. 138697
[ ] Visit Marisa (if you dare.) You’ve got some questions about those mushroom reagents she uses.

>>138689
my wet dream is to write a damn good story
>> No. 138698
[x] The option with 'Keine' on it.
My wet dream is to write a story
>> No. 138713
>>138697
>>138698
These. I have an idea but I keep putting off trying it.
>> No. 138726
File 130160331632.jpg - (235.87KB , 800x417 , 215539431_rm82u-L-2.jpg ) [iqdb]
138726
>>138582
Sorry about that, but it hit me when I read it.
My excuse about that.
>> No. 138727
File 130160369926.jpg - (103.20KB , 465x540 , 1279820307271.jpg ) [iqdb]
138727
>>138696
He certainly is.
>> No. 138728
>>138698
My wet dream is to be able to update without needing a proofreader.


[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
Don't leave Keine just after this.
>> No. 138730
My wet dream is to have people discussing their wet dreams in my thread.
>> No. 138733
My wet dream is to find out that our main antagonist is a necroancer whom plans to turn our lovely ghost princess into a mindless doomsday weapon by augamenting her power beyond humans and to youkai alike, so he can manipulate her via ancient evil cherry blossom so he can get a corpse or soul whenever he damwell feels like it to experiment on, or just to promote the dominance of the human race.
Somehow, seeing Youmu's death just gave me the idea that something like this would happen, speculating it may be
>> No. 138740
My wet dream is to have a wet dream.
>> No. 138743
[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
[x] Ask Keine if she'd like to assist.

Why so much talk of wet dreams?!

...And I only just realised that that's an R-18 cover for OP picture.
>> No. 138745
[x]Issue solving time, no escapee.
1. Lie if we have to, but we're not upset at all about the scene she caused. Drama and chaos are our SOP.
2. We don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat, and that's what we like about it.
3. Though we are curious what the deal with the hat is. Its obviously more than a hat, but we don't know what.
4. IF she offers something, anything, or even looks like she's considering offering something, then we can tell her about the dream. Let her see a bit of why we are how we are, and why friendships matter so much.
-If she doesn't... well that's a conversation for another day. We don't want to turn her bad day into a pity-me fest.
>> No. 138746
>>138733
You were dropped on the head repeatedly as a child, I see.
>> No. 138747
>>138746
My wet dream is to drop a child on their head repeatedly
>> No. 138749
Crying love(?) interests aside...

>“Hurry!” Cirno hisses at you, snatching your robe off the bed. “Fabbo! Flabbyfize!” she speaks urgently to the garment.
>“Fabolositize!” Cirno hisses with increasing agitation, shaking the robe vigorously. “Fabulosity! The robe reacts to the command word, activating the glamer charm. The robe’s handsome gray hue turns jet black, and the bright starscape once again blossoms over it.

I am grinning like an idiot right now. Is this pride I feel?
>> No. 138750
>>138691
it's better than dragging things out like shitty harem animes. I don't know about you, but many people like this story for the CHARACTER INTERACTIONS (i.e. TALKING)
>> No. 138751
[x] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
>> No. 138762
File 130162513856.jpg - (1.33MB , 1446x1000 , !!!1292788630342.jpg ) [iqdb]
138762
>>138750
A nice talk is good.
>> No. 138819
Joke response:
[X]Go to /at/
[X]Bonk Kiene already

More seriously:
[X]Huge ass write in; it's time to finish off the awkwardness, and if we can find out why she was so sensitive about the hat, so much the better
>> No. 138822
>>138819
Didn't you read the update? It wasn't so much the hat, but a bunch of other things, such as how the guy she actually liked and accepted her made fun of her hat in front of people.
>> No. 138827
>>138747
You can drop a brick on its head repeatedly.
>> No. 138831
>>138822
And also because that guy called her pretty. Twice. While calling her hat stupid.
>> No. 138837
>>138822
Yeah, and the two girls mentioned when they were talking to each other that the hat has some sort of special meaning for her.
>> No. 138846
>>138837
Symbol of something.
>> No. 138860
[x] IT'S TALKING TIME!
[X] Request medical assistance for the rosebush thorn induced injuries we just noticed on our hand.
[X] collect duke ... together. Talk while we walk.
>> No. 138867
[x] IT'S TALKING TIME! We are resolving our ISSUES NOW!. It might be awkward, but it needs to be done.
1) Look, we need to stop this awkwardness between us. We blew up just as bad as she did, and we shouldn't have. We both made mistakes and are sorry for them. We forgive each other and move on.
2) Just so we're on the same page, we don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat and it adds to your charm and appeal.
3) More so, we dare say that there's not a single hat on this crazy demi-plane you wouldn't make look good.
4) Just as an aside, what is it about the hat? I really want to know, because if it matters that much to you, we should have an appreciation of why it is so.
5) By the way, Keine offered to talk about our... dream, this morning. Do she still want to? She tell us about her hat and her past, and the Wizard'll tell her about his dream and his past. Equivalent exchange and all? Show of trust and communication from both of us, so we can avoid blowing up at each other like that again.
6) OKAY! Now that we've cleared up the air from that blowout and made more steps towards understanding each other, we're going to make a little sit-rep, gather Duke from the Mansion together, do a little shopping for an alchemy set and whatever Keine wants, our treat. And tonight, we're going to take down the Society together and have some godsdamned FUN doing so.
this and then some

Man I love some peoples ability to articulate like a BOSS
>> No. 138887
File 130170613516.jpg - (63.52KB , 600x600 , 1200632863818.jpg ) [iqdb]
138887
So is this still the Jerkass Marty Stu /tg/ Wankery Hour or did Demetrious actually listen to advice and tone it down a bit? Is it worth reading now?
>> No. 138889
>>138887
Yes. No. Fuck off.
>> No. 138892
File 130170955847.jpg - (49.57KB , 548x459 , delicious.jpg ) [iqdb]
138892
>>138887

And I'd kick your waifu's ass again.
>> No. 138896
>>138887
>oh no the protagonist is competent he must be a mary sue
>> No. 138897
>>138892
It is an endless source of amusement to me that they still do not understand your nature, Demetrious Poliorcetes. As a DM, it is almost necessary to feed off the tears of impotent rage of frustrated egos. Even more when their frustrations are born of nothing more then their own prejudices and misconceptions.

My words never seems to be countered, however, as my suggestions are followed without question or correction. Do tone down my (>>138598) write-in, my friend. I was not in a right state of mind when I wrote it. Seldom do decisions taken with a tired mind help matters.

May God shine on you, you crazy DM.
>> No. 138898
File 130171138391.jpg - (133.60KB , 800x401 , drink their tears.jpg ) [iqdb]
138898
>>138897

Indeed.
>> No. 138903
>>138887

You know, I'm reminded of the first sentence of the first post, which was something like, "A high-level 3.5 wizard vs. Touhous, who would win!" And people that knew both thought to themselves, "you know, that's an interesting question. I'm not sure; it depends."

Frankly speaking, the shouting and hollering is being treated like a character flaw. A hilarious flaw, but it's still basically causing unnecessary trouble for the guy.
>> No. 138907
>>138903
whoever gets the drop will win.

A properly prepared wizard can gank any touhou, however hax, in a single telefrag round without the touhou being able to counter. However, if he screws up somehow, or if the touhou initiates combat when he's unprepared, he's a lot weaker.
>> No. 138908
>>138907
Gapbitch can probably defend against Scry-and-Die, if only by having her future self manipulating the border between the present and the past to let her manipulate the border between life and death to retroactively resurrect herself, or to manipulate border between healthy pregnancies and miscarriages to make WizAnon never having been born.
>> No. 138910
>>138908
yeah, that would just be DM fiat. if you're going that way the wizard can just achieve Omnicifier status and then talk her into wanting to die permanently.
>> No. 138912
>>138907
You mean like what happened when the wizard got his books back from Marisa (via doing a surprise attack)?
>> No. 138913
>>138912
no, I mean buffing up six ways to Sunday, Shapechange into a 12-headed hydra, burn a high-level spell on Arcane Strike, and doing over 1000 damage in a standard action before a Touhou can react. Time Stop + Greater Teleport is essential, of course.

What happened with Marisa is just mucking about. Nothing like what a Wizard is capable of serious'd up.
>> No. 138973
>>138913
Or you know just throw around save or dies and ability damage like its going out of style. Much smarter.
>> No. 138978
>>138973
or just creating Dust of Sneezing and Choking for an automatic "I win" button.
>> No. 138979
>>138973
problem with save or die is the save part. it is much more ideal to have no save and just die.
>> No. 138980
>>138978
The saving throws for those are a joke. Just because they don't have class levels doesn't mean they don't get saves.
>> No. 138981
>>138980
Dust of sneezing and choking still stuns you for 5d4 rounds even if you make the save. The only way to avoid it is stun immunity.
>> No. 138990
[] Wait, weren't we chased out of here by ghosts?
[] Doesn't that make this location insecure?
[] We should check for sabotage.
[] We should run away.
[] Obviously, the ghosts are upset because Loffo needs a funeral.
[] The funeral should involve getting everyone in Touhou together to eat the sucker.
[] The funeral would require finding a cleric who can't or won't ress the fellow, and somebody, somewhere, who is sorry the fellow passed, and who is incapable of bringing the wonderful example of draconic kind back into existance.
[] Tracking down everyone in Touhou, and inviting them to the funeral is a good idea.
[] When in doubt (scratch out 'find something and kill it') find someone and bother them.
[] Find someone on the list of people who can scry, who we haven't met, and go bother them.
[] Hey, did we take any precautions against Loffo coming back as a ghost?
[] We should analyze the dragon meat to see if Loffo went in for transdraconic self modification.
[] Turn your empty teaa cup into a mouse as a conversation re-starter, and maybe to show off just a little.
[] Use some sort of summon spell to get some spiders and snakes. Every boy knows that girls like creepy, crawly things right?
[] Shapechange into a Frog.
[] Buff Party
[] Hey, if Mokou has reached the goal of crazy evil magic users, and we can teach Cirno to be a Sorcerer, maybe we can get Mokou started as a Wizard. She can finish, and work on the crazy and evil parts in her spare time.
[X] Listen to your guts, use your eye of the mind, and trust your instincts.
>> No. 138991
>>138990
I'm hoping the 5 Int stat damage that your post inflicted heals by tomorrow.
>> No. 139002
[X] Buff Party
>> No. 139013
>>138990
Kill Yourself
>> No. 139025
can we drop this emo nonsense. Wizard dude has baddies to destroy.

[ ] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
[ ] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and it’s a good excuse to escape the awkwardness.
[ ] You know what we could use? An alchemist’s set. Let’s go buy one.

Get to work.
>> No. 139030
>>138887

Not really sure what there was to tone down. Its a DnD Wizard in gensokyo. I'm really not sure what you expect. Sorry the protagonist isn't as weak as you so you can't identify with him, or live out your fantasy of being dominated by youkai girls that want to eat you. And the "advice" he got was from a couple of people that didn't like the entire concept. If someone doesn't like meat, you don't take their advice on how to make bacon taste better.

Also, Wizard almost got his ass kicked in a bar fight with regular villagers. The only reason he beat Marisa and Sanae was because he did what wizards do best: Bringing on overwhelming force before the target realizes his weaknesses. Of which he has many. There are, you know, rules governing the character. You can even look them up yourself. Its all plain for us to see. In fact, if you must know, the writer is actually toning down some of the shit our wizard friend could be doing. Mostly because he's not outright trying to kill anyone. Likewise, that is the only reason he hasn't been killed yet either. Wiz-anon would have zero chance if he somehow pissed off all of gensokyo by killing one of their friends.

Also, part of me wants to see him get his ass handed to him by Reimu and her reality distorting hax, just so people will shut up. People talk about Yukari being cheap, but even she doesn't warp reality just by flying around.
>> No. 139048
>don't pay much attention to that faggot as he's butt-vaporized that the Wizard isn't a shit-eating dirt farmer with multiple diseases. Or a dorf.
FTFY
>> No. 139050
>>138887
How exactly can this wizard be called a Mary Sue, when some of the MC of other stories on this site are far more Mary Sueish than this guy could ever be? Wade could out Mary Sue this guy.
>> No. 139056
>>139050
Marty Stu.

Self insertions always have that risk. This story is especially vulnerable since the main character is a wunderkind.
>> No. 139059
File 130188470071.jpg - (164.26KB , 906x642 , 1209145302640.jpg ) [iqdb]
139059
>>138892
I'm more of a Rinnosuke person myself.
I think you're a decent writer who is incapable of accepting criticism, and has a horde of grotesque neckbeard fans that make it painful to follow your threads.
Thanks for answering my question, though.
>> No. 139060
>>139059

Yeah, it's not any better. I just ignore the writer himself and most of the voters, which makes it readable.
>> No. 139144
File 130195830466.jpg - (52.58KB , 310x305 , 1.jpg ) [iqdb]
139144
>>139141

Also not helping. REALLY not helping as trolls love to jump onto posts like these.

Anyway, made thread in /blue/ for everyone to bitch in. While I'm neutral on the bitching itself, clogged threads are an eyesore.

http://www.touhou-project.com/blue/res/2835.html

I would redirect to said thread, but after years not only here but on this kind of board, I still don't know how to link threads from other boards properly.
>> No. 139146
File 13019607102.jpg - (60.33KB , 446x488 , e08a24bee731de7b1c2aae7a1655a024.jpg ) [iqdb]
139146
This shit is getting out of hand. 50+ post debates on mary sue criteria go on /blue/ or /words/, not in story threads.
>> No. 139149
File 130196770815.jpg - (113.67KB , 1280x720 , Keine - Unlimited History Works.jpg ) [iqdb]
139149
So less write-in's?
[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.

--==--
Excrement throwers will get caved by EX-Keine.
http://www.youtube.com/v/eEhf3sVpJKg
(Eng subs as CC)
>> No. 139151
>>139149
That would be pretty damn cool if you took out the caved bits.
>> No. 139156
>>139146

If only that came up in the GH threads...
>> No. 139172
How to read threads like this one:
-with firefox, press Ctrl+F.
-then, write in the field: "Demetrious".
-use the button to quickly jump to the writer's post.

That's how I'm reading Gensokyo High and Deluge of a Lunar Fantasy. And that's how you'll read this thread of this shit is still on.

Saged because not voting.
>> No. 139198
[x] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
>> No. 139214
>>139172
I laugh because Demetrious, like Fell, regularly forgets his trip rendering this method unreliable at best.
>> No. 139215
>>139214

Alternate technique: Scroll rapidly until you spot a post with both a pic and enough text that it fills the screen top to bottom. Good chance it'll be a story post.
>> No. 139232
>>139214
He doesn't use a trip.
>> No. 139241
>>139215
Or a long rant by someone properly buttdevastated.
>> No. 139245
>>139214
Re-read. I never said to look for deme's trip, but for deme's nickname.

Of course, you'll find my post earlier, as well as any message to him, but it'll he faster than scrolling.

Also, updates are where?
>> No. 139326
Link to first thread in archive is broken.
>> No. 139344
>>139326

http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/123033.html#123033

Works for me.
>> No. 139357
[X]Issue solving time, no escapee.
1. Lie if we have to, but we're not upset at all about the scene she caused. Drama and chaos are our SOP.
2. We don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat, and that's what we like about it.
3. Though we are curious what the deal with the hat is. Its obviously more than a hat, but we don't know what.
4. IF she offers something, anything, or even looks like she's considering offering something, then we can tell her about the dream. Let her see a bit of why we are how we are, and why friendships matter so much.
-If she doesn't... well that's a conversation for another day. We don't want to turn her bad day into a pity-me fest.

Combine with:
[X] Run back to the Mansion and collect Duke. We’ll want his backup when we take down the Society tonight, and he'd probably be more comfortable outside the devils' mansion.

Shorter, more general version of the big write-in basically.
>> No. 139358
I know this is kind of /tg/'s home away from home but there is really no need to grapple the troll.
>> No. 139370
[x]Issue solving time, no escapee.
1. Lie if we have to, but we're not upset at all about the scene she caused. Drama and chaos are our SOP.
2. We don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat, and that's what we like about it.
3. Though we are curious what the deal with the hat is. Its obviously more than a hat, but we don't know what.
4. IF she offers something, anything, or even looks like she's considering offering something, then we can tell her about the dream. Let her see a bit of why we are how we are, and why friendships matter so much.
-If she doesn't... well that's a conversation for another day. We don't want to turn her bad day into a pity-me fest.

[X] Don't forget Duke, either... Though lower priority, as he can take care of himself.

SPEAKING OF DUKE-- How long is he going to be in this world, again?
>> No. 139371
[x] IT'S TALKING TIME! We are resolving our ISSUES NOW!. It might be awkward, but it needs to be done.
1) Look, we need to stop this awkwardness between us. We blew up just as bad as she did, and we shouldn't have. We both made mistakes and are sorry for them. We forgive each other and move on.
2) Just so we're on the same page, we don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat and it adds to your charm and appeal.
3) More so, we dare say that there's not a single hat on this crazy demi-plane you wouldn't make look good.
4) Just as an aside, what is it about the hat? I really want to know, because if it matters that much to you, we should have an appreciation of why it is so.
5) By the way, Keine offered to talk about our... dream, this morning. Do she still want to? She tell us about her hat and her past, and the Wizard'll tell her about his dream and his past. Equivalent exchange and all? Show of trust and communication from both of us, so we can avoid blowing up at each other like that again.
6) OKAY! Now that we've cleared up the air from that blowout and made more steps towards understanding each other, we're going to make a little sit-rep, gather Duke from the Mansion together, do a little shopping for an alchemy set and whatever Keine wants, our treat. And tonight, we're going to take down the Society together and have some godsdamned FUN doing so.
-[X] collect duke ... together. Talk while we walk.
>> No. 139373
....not again. What is it with people and brainlessly bandwagoning? For all we know he called the votes already and you're just wasting time.
>> No. 139376
>>139373
Doesn't work that way. Votes are called when the writer says they're called, or that he's writing (followed by obligatory hooray.jpg). People shouldn't be calling votes for him, like what happened on many of the earlier threads, and mostly by the hand of that one namefag.

Though it's still rather bad form to vote like a week after everyone else stops voting - just wait warmly for the update, or sage your vote so it won't bump the thread.
>> No. 139377
>>139376
Some writers don't do a "called vote" post, which makes it annoying for both other folks and the writer himself possibly.
>> No. 139388
>>139376
Agreed, but sometimes people get in late. Better to vote late than not at all.
>> No. 139450
>>139377
some stories don't get that much votes so they don't need it
>> No. 139458
>>139450
What?
>> No. 139554
File 130260473578.png - (128.11KB , 350x257 , 1GmSn.png ) [iqdb]
139554
This is how I see Wizardnon.

Also, this story is fucking awesome and Demetrious is fucking awesome.
>> No. 139556
>>139554
Draconic, motherfucker.

DO YOU SPEAK IT
>> No. 139557
>>139554
"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marisa Kirisame look like?"
"What?"
"What country are you from?"
"What? What? Wh - ?"
""What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak Sylvian in What?"
"What?"
"Sylvian, motherfucker, do you speak it?"
"Yes! Yes!"
"Describe what Marisa Kirisame looks like!"
"What?"
"Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more goddamn time!"
"...She's black-and-white!"
"Go on."
"She's blonde!"
"Does she look like a witch?"
"What?!-OH GOD, MY SHOULDER!"
"DOES.... SHE... LOOK... LIKE... A... WITCH?!"
>> No. 139558
File 130261005576.gif - (188.66KB , 320x240 , clappingguy.gif ) [iqdb]
139558
>>139554

The attached image sums up my reaction to that.
>> No. 139560
>>139557
Best update I saw since a while.

Also, bump for update. Demetrious, you were lzat for too long.
>> No. 139609
>>139558

That Does Not Mean What You Think It Means God Dammit.
>> No. 139611
[x] IT'S TALKING TIME! We are resolving our ISSUES NOW!. It might be awkward, but it needs to be done.
1) Look, we need to stop this awkwardness between us. We blew up just as bad as she did, and we shouldn't have. We both made mistakes and are sorry for them. We forgive each other and move on.
2) Just so we're on the same page, we don't hate your hat. We find it silly. Just like we find our own hat silly. In fact, we like your hat. It's silly, but it's your hat and it adds to your charm and appeal.
3) More so, we dare say that there's not a single hat on this crazy demi-plane you wouldn't make look good.
4) Just as an aside, what is it about the hat? I really want to know, because if it matters that much to you, we should have an appreciation of why it is so.
5) By the way, Keine offered to talk about our... dream, this morning. Do she still want to? She tell us about her hat and her past, and the Wizard'll tell her about his dream and his past. Equivalent exchange and all? Show of trust and communication from both of us, so we can avoid blowing up at each other like that again.
6) OKAY! Now that we've cleared up the air from that blowout and made more steps towards understanding each other, we're going to make a little sit-rep, gather Duke from the Mansion together, do a little shopping for an alchemy set and whatever Keine wants, our treat. And tonight, we're going to take down the Society together and have some godsdamned FUN doing so.

Also, the Samuel Jackson Wizard had me in stitches, you crazy anon.
>> No. 139612
>>139611
0/10

Weak-ass trolling.
>> No. 139613
I find it so funny people believe that huge write-in will actually works.

>To say nothing of how your AWESOME WIZARD GETS SHIT DONE bravado disintegrated in under thirty seconds when you set out on your errand not an hour earlier. Your indomitable courage, prize of many bitter struggles, counts for nothing against Keine.

You can DECIDE to do this... But that doesn't mean Wizard will be able to.
>> No. 139635
>>139613


I don't know, OP has accepted HUGE ASS write ins before.

Re second point, I'm not sure. I think OP wants us to develop some emotional maturity here, but I don't know if we'll be allowed to do so all at once.

If we were at the table and said "Ok, now that it matters my character is NICE and SANE and does not have INCREDIBLE ANGER PROBLEMS", DM would tell us to fuck off, that shit takes time.

But I think Wiznon has had enough problems with his Kien Relationships due to his temper and pride he will be willing to lay them aside for at least a conversation in order to secure a higher chance for DAT MONOGAMOUS LOVING LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP ASS.

Also,

[X] Long ass write in.
>> No. 139638
>>139635
just that and not say something else? As one can choose to do more than one thing with in certain limits.

Like talking to her, then going to the mansion or forest, and possibly getting that kit on the way back.

My beef with some of these write ins is that they're less helpful and more textual cock stroking.
>> No. 139641
>>139638
That and ignoring the mood. You think Keine will like tackling all this with Mokou and Cirno around? Let's remember it hasn't been too long since she woke up from a drunken stupor.
>> No. 139642
Guys use sage ffs.
>> No. 139645
>>139641
Her house has rooms, and Mokou and Cirno are bright enough to know when to leave during moments like this. I'm not saying trying to talk is a bad idea, just not so wordy and to consider other actions that can be taken in this time period.

That and using your brains instead of bandwagoning like retards.
>> No. 139659
>>139642
how to use sage
>> No. 139666
>>139659

On the slight chance that your not trolling, use the email field
>> No. 139669
>>139666
>your
>> No. 139671
This thread is becoming awful, it's time to update.
>> No. 139706
Demetrious is the new Taisa.
>> No. 139712
>>139706
I don't think the fecal matter has reached quite those velocities yet.
>> No. 139713
>>139712
We are reaching critical mass fast.
>> No. 139714
>>139713
More like critical ass.
>> No. 139736
Now I really wish I hadn't written that write-in in a "half-dead from lack of sleep" daze.

I really, really wish I hadn't.
>> No. 139737
>>139736
hopefully you'll remember not to do it lest the brainless sheep here follow you off the cliff.
>> No. 139743
Even if the moods not right, Wiznon has to do it soon.

things happen too fast, and He's already wrapped up in at least 3 plots he has little or no understanding of.

If he doesn't at least try to get his personal relationships squared away, he might not get the chance.
>> No. 139748
As the writefag's DM, I asked him about the update last session. He's about halfway done, but finals has been catching up with him as well.
>> No. 139872
>>139743
Exactly why we should have had that chat with Keine this morning. Passing that up was a terrible decision.
>> No. 139976
Demetrious, it's your DM. We're running tonight, get your ass in the channel.
>> No. 140080
File 130385458010.jpg - (36.12KB , 216x293 , 1301716879999.jpg ) [iqdb]
140080
[X] Ask to use Keine’s study for a while. You’ve got some equipment to identify.
[X] Try to moderate the awkward atmosphere – and get to the bottom of this hat business.



Mokou is silent.

Keine is hiding sniffles behind a napkin, Cirno is still waiting for her teacher’s crushing cranial vengeance, but it’s Mokou that worries you the most. Rubescent eyes hovering over that dainty little teacup, spearing you with a steely gaze –

You empty your teacup in one hasty gulp, turn it over and clap it down on the table. “That was swell just delicious thank you Mokou or Keine or whoever made it yeah hey Keine can I borrow your study?”

Your friend nearly drops the teapot. “Wait, what? Why?”

“I need to do... wizard stuff.”

“Wizard... stuff,” Mokou drawls dubiously.

“Drawing pentagrams and rubbing crystal balls and dancing around bubbling cauldrons full of flying monkeys. You know. Wizard stuff.”

Mokou’s brow twitches.

“Monkeys!?” Cirno exclaims with delight.

“I.. uh... sure?” Keine tries.

“Great, thanks,” you say. Rising swiftly, you beat a hasty retreat down the hall. Slipping into the study, you toss your hat into a corner, then take a deep breath. The most consistent periods of relative peace in your life have been spent in the company of ink and parchment, and the familiar atmosphere stabilizes you somewhat.

The magical chest enters behind you at a leisurely trot, answering your mental summons. You point at a spot on the floor and it obligingly ambles over, many little legs vanishing into the underside as it settles onto the floorboards.

“I need to whip up some chairs one of these days,” you mutter, seating yourself on the chest. The flat lid of Keine’s nearby storage chest should serve you well as a table. You may as well start with the dagger. The hilt almost leaps into your hand the moment you reach into your magical pocket, with no searching.

“How fortuitous,” you muse, turning the blade about in your hand. It’s the first time you’ve seriously examined it since the brief glance you gave it after yanking it from the deck-rail of the smashed airship. It’s unremarkable, a simple long blade with leather-wrapped hilt for a better grip. The soft light in the study glimmers as it plays along the honed blade, however – it’s certainly sharp.

And you’re pretty sure it used to be shorter.

“Oh yeah, something’s up. Skiddlybob,” you intone, and the dagger begins glowing with soft rubescent light.

“Hot damn.” You focus on the weapon, and soon sniff two transmutation auras, one moderate and the other fairly strong. Time to plunge the depths of the dagger, it would seem.

“Hi?” Cirno’s head peeks around the doorframe. “Can I come in?”

You shrug, and the fairy creeps in. You feel her sharp blue eyes on your back as you hold the dagger lightly, chanting soft words of magic at it. You manage to focus for a good twenty minutes on the task, until the itch of Cirno’s gaze becomes too much to stand.

“Why are you staring!?” you exclaim, glaring over your shoulder at the fairy.

“... just lookin.”

You give Cirno a frank appraisal. “You’re expecting a monkey.”

“Monkeys,” Cirno corrects you, stressing the plural. “But you don’t even have a colander for it. You’re just talking dirty to a knife.” She crosses her arms and scowls at you, clearly displeased with this lapse in your execution of Wizard Stuff.

“I’m trying to Identify this thing. I think-”

Cirno daintily plucks the blade from your hand, scrutinizing the weapon through an exaggerated squint. “Yep. That’s a knife.”

“I see I’ve been a bad influence,” you mutter, tugging the dagger away from her. “I’m casting a spell to see what enchantments this weapon might conceal.”

“It’s magical?” Cirno chuffs at the unassuming blade.

“Pretty sure it is,” you reply. “It seems to have gotten bigger, and every time I think to draw, it fairly leaps into my hand.”

“But there’s no squiggly things on it,” Cirno says doubtfully.

“You mean runes?”

“NO! Squiggly. Things,” Cirno enunciates slowly. “There should be a squiggly line between the edge of the knife and the center. And it should have symbols on it. And it should glow!”

“Cirno, I kind of have to-”

“And it has to have a cool name like Heavenly-Swamp-Spear or Grass-Cutting-Sword or-”

“Aaaaaaaah ha ha ha what,” you grate. Your Tongues spell flawless translation of ‘Kusanagi’ leaves you less then impressed. “You think ‘lawnmower’ is a cool name?”

“Oh yeah, smart guy? Think you can do better!?”

“Ha!” you say confidently. “Try Gram!

“Gram!?” Cirno says, her face scrunching up. “A gram of what?

Naturally, the Tongues spell doesn’t work both ways.

“It means ‘wrath’.”

Cirno scowls, unimpressed. You feel irritated despite yourself – there’s no way your world is going to be one-upped by people who name their mythical weapons lawnmower.

Frost Brand!

“Branding irons are HOT. Any idiot knows that!”

“How about Excalibur?

“Sounds like a coughing horse!”

Whelm?

Underwhelming.”

“Stormblade!”

“Oh no, he might make it rain!”

“Hrunting!?”

“That’s the sound a fat guy makes in an outhou-”

“AH!” you exclaim, grabbing your head in horror. “You wouldn’t know an awe-inspiring name if it bit you in the ass!”

“Says a guy who talks to knives better then he talks to girls!”

GUSTALUFFAGUS!” you roar, sweeping your palms at Cirno. A powerful blast of air slams into her, flinging her off her feet and out the doorway. “ZIPLOCK!” The door slides closed. “FUGGALUG!” you add with finality, sealing the door against entry.

There. Now you can finish the spell in peace. You pick up the dagger.

You take a deep breath.

You take several deep breaths.

You start making little stabby motions in the air with the dagger. Knives, indeed. If she’d ever been hit with a Knife-Eye illusion she wouldn’t be so flippant. Blunt as a bulette’s snout and almost as heedless. No manners, either, just like that fire-breathing bitch Mokou. And after that Gust of Wind you used to evict the little squirt, there’s a mess of scattered papers in the schoolteachers’ study.

You start picking them up. Turns out their the translation notes you and Keine were working on the other day, which makes it your work the little beast scattered. At least you know the proper order to shuffle them in.

“Talk to knives,” you mutter bitterly. “Damn straight, you little craven troll, because I’ve had some that talk back, and they were smarter then YOU!”

You compile the stack of papers and tap them on the chest lid to align them. In the corner you spot an escapee; your calligraphic mayhem standing out from Keine’s neat script. You pick it up and turn to drop it on your impromptu desk.

A queer hat-shaped itch tickles the back of your brain, and you glance back. A familiar house-like geometry low on the corner shelf catches your eye, peeking out from behind some old tomes. Moving them aside, you discover a small, framed sketch of a woman. It was rendered with skill, the sharp clear lines capturing the woman’s confidence and good looks. Curiously, she’s wearing a hat very similar to Keine’s. You take the sketch down... and discover a small hidebound book with a leather closure thong tucked behind it.

Setting the sketch aside, you unwrap the thong and open to the title leaf. A name designed to strangle those attempting its pronunciation is therein inscribed, with beautiful calligraphic skill. Turning the page, it proves to be a diary, with the first entry dated several hundred years ago. Unremarkable, considering it’s a historian’s library. You put it down and pick up the sketch, flipping it over. As expected, there’s a name on the back.

The same name.

You snatch up the diary and start skimming the entries, which are written in the same thrice-damned esoteric dialect of Draconic that plagues every local archival text you’ve found. Soon you find what you’re looking for, and after studying the paragraph’s context to make sure the word isn’t hat or rock or another similarly-spelled word, you devour the entry.

It’s got a lot to say about the weirdness of undergoing the monthly transformation into a hakutaku.

You close the diary slowly and set it down.

The words Keine spoke in this very room echo in your head: “These histories have been kept faithfully by many factotums before me.”

You stumble over to your chest and slowly seat yourself. Elbows on knees, you let your head fall into your hands as the inescapable conclusion stares you in the face.

So. The hat. Yeah. The hat you... what did you say about Keine’s outfit, again? Yesterday in Benson’s shop?

“This ‘outfit’ is the recognized uniform of my profession! A symbol of eons of wizards! What’s your outfit, the uniform of the Pan-Dimensional hot half-hakutaku-historian society? Membership, you?”

You were so proud of your rapier wit, before you knew where you’d jabbed it.

Your head slowly falls into your palms, elbows braced on your knees.

“I. Am. A. Colossal. Idiot.”

The sliding door rattles once. Then somebody gives a mighty heave and tears the light door right out of its track. The door is tossed aside, and Mokou enters.

She glares at you, and crosses her arms.

“You are a raving idiot.

“I know,” you say.

“I really don’t think you do,” Mokou mutters darkly. “Keine just filled me in on your last two days.”

You briefly consider your actions over the past two days.

“You need to be much more specific then that.”

You, Mokou hisses, “and your logic.” She advances on you menacingly. “With that hat argument, and then that brain-damaged spiel you gave her in the bedroom.”

“What!?” you reply, thoroughly confused. “I said-”

“You gave a logical argument to support why you weren’t angry with her. You didn’t forgive her.”

“But I didn’t blame-”

“Moron!” she yells. “This is what I’m talking about! This isn’t about logic and it definitely isn’t about you. She feels guilty and terrible and she needs to hear you say ‘I forgive you.’ Is that so hard?”

“I... okay, sorry!” you exclaim, looking up at Mokou nervously. “She’s a smart woman, I thought, you know, the logic, she groks it?”

“Didn’t I just explain this to you?” Hands planted on her hips, she looks down on you sternly. “She’s never had a serious relationship. She’s inexperienced. It doesn’t matter if she’s book smart. You’re like her first teenage romance. All that leering you do at every girl you meet, that doesn’t make her jealous, it hurts her, because she doesn’t know any better. You’ve got to be-”

“-woah hey no halt slow down!” you exclaim. “We are not dating, dammit! Like I said, I’ve only been here three bloody days! I’ve seen that woman rip through zombai goasts like a dragon through a meatpacking plant. She’s not some tender little maiden.”

This latest outburst of Logic does not go over well with Mokou. Her mouth tightens, and fire flickers behind her red eyes. She leans towards you, fell and terrible, and you topple over backwards off the chest trying to escape.

“Not. Dating.”

She plants her hands on the chest, and leans over further still to scowl at you.

“Not. Dating.

“Nnnno?” you venture cautiously.

“You bought her a dress. And then you took her to a dinner party, as your date.”

Oh.

“You slept in the same bed last night.”

Yeah. Yeah, you kind of did.

“And she is all over you like bitch on Eirin, in case you hadn’t noticed!”

She does touch you a lot... especially when you’re half-conscious.

Mokou’s hand shoots out, seizes you, and hauls you off the floor. She stares you down, her nose only inches from yours.

“So tell me, Wizard. Are you two dating?

“.... yes,” you say in a very small voice.

She drops you without preamble, and flops onto the chest wearily. It emits a weak creak of protest. Leaning forward, elbows braced on her knees, she examines you and sighs.

“How many girlfriends have you had?”

“I’ve been with plenty of women, thank you very much.”

Mokou eyes you up and down with open skepticism.

“Hey!” you protest, thumping your chest bravely. “After I slay a vampire or whatever, I can hardly step foot into a tavern before five screaming women haul me away!” That’s after ten screaming women apiece haul away the fighters and twenty or so do their best to corrupt the paladin, but that’s not germane to the conversation, is it?

Girlfriends, you pig, not bar whores looking to lay the heroes.”

“Cease your slanders! Perfectly respectable women of good repute have ambushed me in corner stores, I’ll have you know.”

“Long-term relationships,” Mokou grates. “Longer then six weeks. How many?”

You troll through your memory swiftly, matching half-remembered girls against the “six week” criteria.

“One!”

“One?” Mokou wonders.

“Molly... something.”

“How long?”

“From the time she jumped me in the library stacks till she sicced her animated kitchen table on me... seven weeks and five days.”

The white-haired girl’s gaze is unfathomable, but you can almost hear the gavel-blow punctuating her judgment.

“Wizard! Wizard! See the hat?” you exclaim, pointing at your discarded hat in the corner. “When I’m not fighting for my life, I’m researching. I pimp-slap the fabric of space-time into obeying my will, that takes all my time!”

Mokou’s head slowly sinks into her palms.

“I thought, you know, he’s a magician, maybe he’s dated too many comatose library-dwellers like Patchy. But no, no, you’re a total geek! A basement-dwelling unshaven clueless-with-women geek! The blind leading the blind!”

The past few hours have inflicted emotional upheavals unrivaled in your experience, but even so there’s no way you’re letting that one skate. Snatching up your hat and jamming it on your head, you draw yourself up to your full height. A lungful of air swells your chest as you prepare an editorial on Mokou’s lineage, looks, personal hygiene habits and general worth as a human.

Your bombast is rudely interrupted by Cirno’s abrupt arrival at the door. She’s shouting your name.

“What, Cirno – stop bouncing, willya? Talk.”

“There’s this woman at the front door and she says she’s gonna mulch ya!”

“Yeah, you’re real popular with the ladies,” Mokou mutters. “Who is it, Cirno.”

“She’s got, like, rainbow hair and this purple dress with strings on the front,” Cirno says, wrinkling her nose. “She says you’re in biiiiig troooooouble~” Cirno drawls with delight, clearly miffed about the whole Gust of Wind thing. “She says you better come out there and ‘splain yourself or she’s gonna come in here after you!”

And you still haven’t identified that goddamn dagger yet.


[ ] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
[ ] Get Mokou to stall the caller while you Keine and Cirno slip out the back.
[ ] Slip out the back, circle around behind them, and see who this joker is.
[ ] Write-in?
>> No. 140081
File 130385493541.jpg - (173.30KB , 543x533 , 1291684306588.jpg ) [iqdb]
140081
Apropos of nothing, but:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#helmofComprehendLanguagesandReadMagic

>Appearing as a normal helmet, a helm of comprehend languages and read magic grants its wearer the ability to understand the spoken words of any creature and to read text in any language and any magical writing. The wearer gains a +5 competence bonus on Decipher Script checks to understand messages written in incomplete, archaic, or exotic forms.

Keine's hat is an actual magical object in D&D 3.5. I had no clue about this.
>> No. 140082
Who could this be... maybe Byakuren ,but her hair is only two colors and her dress is black and white. It might be Yukari as purple dresses are something a trade mark of hers.

But outright rainbow hair? Not a clue.

Nice to see that you've updated, though I wish more progress was made before yet another thing comes up.
>> No. 140084
Maybe it's tokiko? She's got some crazy hair color.
>> No. 140085
[X] Head to the front door and see what’s up.

GODDAMN JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES WE DON'T WANT ANY
>> No. 140087
>>140082
>I wish more progress was made before yet another thing comes up

Ditching them is always an option.
>> No. 140088
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.

The situation is explosive enough as it is. Making whoever is at front more mad doesn't sound like a great idea.

So... I can only think of Byakuren. Did Koakuma had to run all the way to the temple to flee from Duke?
>> No. 140089
[X] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
Byaku-raku-yen-ren
>> No. 140092
File 130385939513.jpg - (110.45KB , 484x640 , wood.jpg ) [iqdb]
140092
Apology accepted
>> No. 140093
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.

No point in delaying the inevitable, since everything else ends up being delayed anyway.
>> No. 140094
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up
This guy just can't take a fucking break.
>> No. 140095
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
>> No. 140096
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.

Goddamn I love this story.
>> No. 140098
[X] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
>> No. 140099
Do we have an illusion spell prepared? If so...

[x] Greet her with a Silent Image and Ghost sound, or whatever you need to not actually be in punching range to say hello.

If not..

[x] Slip out the back and go around.
>> No. 140100
Isn't Whelm a hammer?

[X] Slip out the back, circle around behind them, and see who this joker is.
>> No. 140101
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up
>> No. 140102
I vote we drop Keine.

If I wanted angsty teenage romance I'd go read Twilight fanfiction.
>> No. 140103
[x] buff the fuck up
[x] meet and greet - with an illusion

Byakuren is essentially a Gish. You don't stand close to a Gish with hostile intentions when you're squishy.
>> No. 140104
[x] Get Mokou to stall the caller while you Keine and Cirno slip out the back.

This might be a chance to do that making up with Keine, might as well as this looks to be the start of more shit.
>> No. 140105
[+] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
>> No. 140106
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.

I'm far more interested in whoever this is than escaping.
>> No. 140107
>Species: Magician

>Abilities: Ability to use magic (specializing in magic that increases her physical abilities)
>> No. 140108
>>140107
We all know Byakuren's wiki entry, bro. Mind explaining why you're bringing it up?
>> No. 140110
>“You gave a logical argument to support why you weren’t angry with her. You didn’t forgive her.”
...

Son of a bitch, that was the first thing I thought after reading the last update. I really need to stop being such a sheep and speak my mind in this story.
>> No. 140111
>>140110
Too bad people are far more interested in checking out the new thing like a bunch of tards as opposed to taking a good chance to do just that.

Also while we sneak out, Keine might be able to tell us about Byakuren.

But between the neckbeards and braindead bandwagoners, this will likely fall on deaf ears.
>> No. 140112
>>140111
>This will most likely fall on deaf ears.
Fuck, I hope so. This thread has the most retarded arguments.
>> No. 140113
>This thread has the most retarded arguments
The arguments are only has retarded as the people they make them. And that includes everyone that starts talking about things not related to the story (yes, that includes me)
Shut the fuck up already.
>> No. 140115
>>140108
See
>>140103
>> No. 140116
I'm with the whole sneaking out bit, Byakuren will fuck our shit up.

Also, nice to see updates!
>> No. 140118
I think that, no matter what we do, making up with Keine is a priority 1 objective.

So
[x] Get Mokou to stall the caller while you Keine and Cirno slip out the back.

Which will likely give us the time and opportunity to make up with Keine, rather then facing whoever is at the front door. We shouldn't be jumping at the newest disturbance like a ADHD kid. It's in part what created this mess with Keine, and we need to fix it.

Mokou will tell us of that newcomer's grievances after we have made up with Keine. Eyes on the prize, gentlemen. STAY ON TARGET.
>> No. 140119
>>140110
With that in mind...

Why the hell would Mokou help us?
>> No. 140120
>>140116
You want to avoid fighting her, and you think sneaking out is the best way to do so? The fuck? She certainly won't be willing to talk things out when she inevitably catches up with us.
>> No. 140121
>>140119

Asking her to keep whoever's at the door busy so the wizard can hopefully apologize without shoving his boot into his mouth is something she'd might go along with. She does want to see Keine happy, after all.

On another note...

The dagger has two transmutation auras, one moderate and one strong. Flipping through http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm ...

Moderate Trans: Keen, Speed, Returning, and Ki Focus.

Strong Trans: Brilliant Energy, Dancing

Seeing as it's not lighting up the room at the moment, I'd say it's safe to toss out Brilliant Energy, leaving Dancing by default.

As for the moderate Aura, I'd have to go with Keen. Still a chance for it to be Speed or Returning, but not much of one, unless it's sharpness is just indicative of it's base Masterwork quality.
>> No. 140122
>>140118
Ditto, but iffy on Mokou helping us, like >>140119 says. If we have to, maybe an illusion spell would work? Anyways, this shit (read: making it up to Keine) must be resolved. Now!
... Does anyone have that "Stay on target" macro, because I can't find mine.
>> No. 140123
>>140119
Because despite being an idiot, Wizard is a well-meaning idiot that Keine likes and that likes her back, and Mokou wants her to be happy? Because Keine's been so socially isolated that even with Wizard's blunders, their possible relationship is leagues healthier then nigh complete isolation?

Make no mistake, Mokou is angry with the Wizard (very angry), but the simple fact she's telling WHY he screwed up and thus how he could fix it is a sign she is already willing to help us, if only for Keine's sake. If Mokou wanted the Wizard to stay away from Keine, she'd simply have thrown him out of the house and told him to stay away for Keine's sake.
>> No. 140124
[x] Get Mokou and Cirno to stall the caller while you and Keine make up. Then confront the caller.

I fixed your "Keine #1 priority" vote.
>> No. 140125
>>140124
You are wise. I will hence alter my >>140118 vote to match yours.
>> No. 140126
[x] Cast Silent Image and Ghost sound to stall the caller while you Keine and Cirno slip out the back.
[x]While your at it give Keine Cirno's description of who's out the front door, find who want's to mulch ya and what they can do.
>> No. 140127
>>140121

Very good! Tip: check your Arms and Equipment Guide for +2 bonus enhancements, while you're at it.
>> No. 140128
>>140126
Don't you need to hear the other party to perform a successful illusion with SI and GS? And talking to someone else and escaping at the same time seems kinda impossible to me.
>> No. 140129
[x] Get Mokou and Cirno to stall the caller while you and Keine make up. Then confront the caller.

Sounds good to me, I'll vote for that.

Although I have to assume "make up" means "stammer uselessly for a bit before going off on a tangent about wizard hats also being for Warlocks, Sorcerers, Druids, Witches, Magicians and all those other jerks who shoot fireballs, which makes them sort of not special or rather special in a different way or something, but not like her hat at all because it's awesome that it symbolizes an order of people that go back centuries, it really is, and it really does look a bit silly, shit no um awesome, not silly, look, everything can viewed be silly from a certain point of view, it's all a matter of perspective, and I had none. And now I do. ...(Deep breath)... Sorry." And then something explodes.

Social grace under pressure, that's the ticket! Now, if only he had some.
>> No. 140130
>>140127
Ah, stopped buying books before 3.5 came out, so I'll have to assume it's some sort of resizing/shape-shifting mod going by the descriptions, as the only applicable +2 mods listed at the site I'm referencing off of are Elemental Bursts/Alignment/Wounding, and they all read as Moderate Evocation. Suppose I'll just have to wait til an uninterrupted Identify is cast on the thing to know for sure~
>> No. 140131
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
>> No. 140133
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
>> No. 140134
[x] Get Mokou and Cirno to stall the caller while you and Keine make up. Then confront the caller.
>> No. 140144
File 130390355382.jpg - (104.97KB , 590x775 , you there i like your style.jpg ) [iqdb]
140144
>>140127
>Very good! Tip: check your Arms and Equipment Guide for +2 bonus enhancements, while you're at it.
>check A&E's magical weapons section
>Eager: An eager weapon is easy to draw and allows its possessor to react quickly to danger. It grants a +2 bonus on its owner’s initiative checks, regardless of whether it is being used. An eager weapon may be drawn as a free action. Only melee weapons can have this ability.
>Caster Level: 9th; Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, cat’s grace; Market Price: +2 bonus.
>cat's grace is a transmutation spell
>CL9 means strong aura
>mfw
>> No. 140145
>>140144
There's also McWizard's note that the dagger seems to keep resizing itself (clearly a transmutation enchantment of some description). Eagre is what I was thinking of for the other as well - a definite fit for the leaping into the hand bit certainly.
>> No. 140149
[x] Get Mokou to stall the caller while you Keine and Cirno slip out the back.


I bet on Patchouli, being affected by another side-effect of Wizardnon's ... potion. That, or maybe Duke's girlfriend coming after our ass for spending too much time with him.

I know, that was stupid. But I really want to see Patchy's face when she learn about cat ears.
>> No. 140151
[x] Get Mokou and Cirno to stall the caller while you and Keine make up. Then confront the caller.

This is Keine's house, and following a successful apology she'll probably want to confront whoever it is together
>> No. 140153
[x] Get Mokou and Cirno to stall the caller while you and Keine make up. Then confront the caller.
>> No. 140154
[x] Get Mokou and Cirno to stall the caller while you and Keine make up. Then confront the caller.

This seems reasonable. If they manage to stall whoever that is for a sufficient time span.
>> No. 140159
[x]Calm down.
We're too wound up right now to deal with anything with a clear head, take a deep breath.
---- [x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
Cirno doesn't seem to be worried and I doubt that she's pissed off enough from the Gust of Wind thing to a. forget that when you die you're dead, or b. Want you dead, so whatever's at the door probably won't kill you on sight.
>> No. 140160
[x] Get Cirno to stall the caller while you resume your rant at Mokou.

>>140080
>You were so proud of your rapier wit, before you knew where you’d jabbed it.

So, what does this mean exactly? Keine really is all alone as a Hakutaku?
>> No. 140164
[x]Calm down.
[x] Head to the front door and see what’s up.
>> No. 140167
[x] Get Mokou to stall the caller while you Keine and Cirno slip out the back.
>> No. 140169
[X] slip out the back before they know you was there, and at the worst you'll see nobody cares
--[X]you don't want to be around when it all goes down, even heroes know when to be scared
>> No. 140176
If this is Byakuren she is probably angry about wizardnon slaying dragon. To make things worse explanations may not work as she may believe that youkai/monsters have right to burn/kill/etc. after all she saved youkai that sinked ships for lulz.

[x] buff the fuck up
[x] meet and greet - with an illusion
>> No. 140178
>>140176
In which case, we will slap her shit by summoning a dragon.
If we can do that.

[x] buff the fuck up
[x] meet and greet - with an illusion

Fucking Buddhists, thinking there all that. just because they procrastinated so hard that they broke the wheel of fate, doesn't mean they can go around redeeming sins of that caliber, At least Jesus chose assholes that weren't murdering pricks.
>> No. 140181
>>140159
>>140169
Protip: Stop doing write ins forever.
>> No. 140184
>>140176
Yes out of all the reasons for Byakuren to be angry, a person who is a Buddhist monk in worship of Bishamonten, the reason she would be angry after all the shit he's done is that he killed a Dragon that has no connection to the Dragon-god they worship save its name.

Even if you're right, and she's somehow connected the Dragon we killed to the God that lives in Gensokyo then being pissed off is sorta reasonable since to her we've just killed an incredibly old and powerful creature that dedicates itself to altruistic acts. Attacking her for that would be idiotic.
>> No. 140185
>>140184
maybe it's the whole matter of the havoc caused by the Wizard's actions, such as being drunk as hell and riding a treasure chest with legs. I doubt trying to pick a fight would do anyone any good.
>> No. 140186
Or it could be the barfight. Wizard kicked the beehive and now there are all sorts of nasty rumors flying about.
>> No. 140187
>>140184
Actually even getting past how these things make it stupid the sheer lack of practicality of attacking her right now is mind boggling.

Marisa we got into close range and pummeled without giving her a chance to do much of anything about it, but Byakuren isn't even close to Marisa in terms of CQC. She doesn't rely on a focus item or firepower, she'd beat Wizanon to a pulp in close quarters and blast him if he tried to stay at range.
The only way it could work is surprise, but surprise can't really work when she's WAITING FOR US OUTSIDE!
>> No. 140188
I want to resolve our issues and Keine and let her know we forgive her. Should have from the start.
HOWEVER, there's someone at the front door wanting to kick our ass. Slightly higher priority; can't make up with out love interest if we're mulch.

Some D&D guy is going to have re-explain scrying to me. Would this be a good time to do so?
>> No. 140190
It might not be about the dragon, but instead the fact that we left Duke to go Lawful Good on Koakuma
>> No. 140191
>>140188
No. Scrying is for looking at guys far away. Byakuren is right down the hall. That's what you use Arcane Eye and Ghost Sound for.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/arcaneEye.htm

Honestly, I'd either do what some of the guys here are suggesting; throw up an illusion and talk with ghost sound or something, or Arcane Eye and Ghost Sound. It'll probably get the point across that you're willing to chat, but not willing to get close enough to get shanked (Or in this case, beaten up). Plot's here, folks, we can put down the Keine plot for a few damn seconds.
>> No. 140193
Guys...
Forget the dragons and little devils and all that. It's about our chest destroying half the town. Remember that?

Or Demetrious is throwing us a curve ball after this lull in plot-related stuff and Byakuren is the person who scryed(?) us earlier. But probably not.
>> No. 140194
>>140191
>get the point across that you're willing to chat, but not willing to get close enough to get shanked
Maybe I'm weird, but I'd also get the point that who I'm talking to is hiding because they fear retribution from me for some wrongdoing. Not exactly a good first impression.
>> No. 140201
>>140187
And just picking a fight in general wouldn't help his less than upstanding reputation. Best thing to do is sneak out (as to buy time, make up with Keine, and get info on Byakuren). The last thing he needs to do is put his foot in his mouth YET AGAIN.
>> No. 140206
stop meta"gaming". Wizanon does not know who the hell is out there
>> No. 140213
[ ] Head to the front door and see what’s up.

Wizard is not some pussy coward. Go out and face the peril.
>> No. 140214
[X] Get Mokou to stall the caller while you Keine and Cirno slip out the back.
[X] Ask Keine for a good place to hide, go there and talk. Things. Out.

We've been putting off talking to Keine for far too long, now we finally have a chance to talk things out, our new guest at the door tries to throw another wrench in the plan. Between 'unknown figure likely angry at something we did' and 'girl we like and now officially realized we are dating still in distress' I am going to say screw the new guest. She won't stop looking for us anyway, so we'll meet her somewhere in the future. Terms might be worse, but at least we might have Keine behind us again.
>> No. 140215
>>140214
I'd rather bet on being able to resolve this in reasonable time head on than hoping to sneak away and manage to have enough time in peace to make things right before our "guest" finds us again and this time even less likely to talk things over.
>> No. 140217
>>140215

That's the line of thought that led us here in the first place. Every time something else popped up, we were 'oh well, let's resolve this quickly then get back to Keine.'

Then something else popped up. And something else. And another thing. And the moment we resolve this issue, another one will jump us before we can talk to Keine.
>> No. 140218
I'm not really sure what the rush is to resolve this as quickly as possible but... have you guys considered simply asking the caller politely to give you some time to do so? That seems far more reasonable than stalling or trying to run away.
>> No. 140221
>>140217
I'd still rather take a chance with diplomacy instead of deception. There won't likely be time to talk while running and chances are the person won't leave us time to relax.

If we talk to the person we might be able to postpone the confrontation even if it can't be solved right away giving us some time with no pursuer to worry about.
Sure, it may well go badly but to me the other way seems less likely to lead to a desirable outcome.
>> No. 140222
Uh rainbow hair, purple dress did Mistra decide to drop in for a visit?
>> No. 140225
>>140222
Isn't she dead?
>> No. 140228
>>140222
Mystra? Let's hope she's not here to fight, because I doubt we can beat her even with Spellcard rules in play.

Or it might "just" be Gapbitch. We'd probably be about as fucked either way.
>> No. 140229
File 13039999763.jpg - (111.43KB , 850x755 , yukari houshinparody.jpg ) [iqdb]
140229
[x]Head to the front door and see what’s up.
>>140228


>implying gapbitch would stoop to knocking on doors
>implying gapbitch would use doors
>implying gapbitch does anything short of mysterious spiriting away or other effectively instant unpleasant things she would rather do when she has a bone to pick with someone

The person coming in is knocking; this already implies either:
1: she doesn't want to kill us,
2: she wants to kill us but is less powerful than Keine and doesn't want her ass kicked, or
3: wants to kill us, is more powerful than Keine but wants to keep on good relations with the village.

None of that suits Yukari. Byakuren, yes. I can't think of a huge number of youkai who'd have a wizardgrudge and would knock rather than wait till he leaves or would just trash the place.

For Byakuren specifically, if she wants a fight we claim spellcard duel and her gish side vanishes. At that point we're wizarding it up vs a gish which isn't optimsed for range (thousand daggers notwithstanding).
>> No. 140230
>>140214
>>140217
Exactly as let's face it, new problems do pop up once old ones are solved.

>>140221
I beg to differ as without additional information, the Wizard would put his foot in his mouth and make things worse. And you're assuming things would go over quickly as opposed to ending up a little quest in itself.

>>140229
Stop calling Byakuren a gish already.
>> No. 140235
>>140225
No, no. The proper question is :"Which Mystra?"
>> No. 140238
>>140235
Excellent point. We have no way of telling if the spellplague already happened (considering his magic, it probably hasn't) and even what year is in Abeir Toril
>> No. 140239
File 130401614581.jpg - (334.43KB , 643x900 , c9e78444623ffedad4eae0093e81bb05[1].jpg ) [iqdb]
140239
>>140230
But when you put your hands on her breasts and grope, that's the sound it makes!
>> No. 140240
>Mystra
has enough problem on Fearun to go after random wizard in different crystal sphere. Not to mention that by Fearun standards Wizardnon isn't anything special.

>Excellent point. We have no way of telling if the spellplague already happened (considering his magic, it probably hasn't) and even what year is in Abeir Toril
There is no such thing as Spellplague. It never happened. NEVER!

2010 on Earth is 1380 on Toril.
>> No. 140242
>>140240
The hell are you guy talking about?
Mystra? Fearun? Is that a D&D thing?
>> No. 140243
>>140242
Faerun is the area of the continent where much of the action of the DnD campaign world known as The Forgotten Realms takes place. Abeir-Toril is the name of The Forgotten Realms world. For example, Drizzt the good drow is a character in the Forgotten Realms campaign world.
>> No. 140244
Let's not turn this story into a Forgotten Realms crossover, please. Cut the discussion.
>> No. 140245
File 13040231302.jpg - (130.94KB , 680x680 , GOOGLE.jpg ) [iqdb]
140245
>>140242
>> No. 140247
>>140244
Still is there any specific campaign world that Wizardanon is from? He certainly doesn't sound like he's from Eberron.
>> No. 140248
>>140243
Just to be clear I think it should be mentioned that The Forgotten Realms is a setting, not quite a story in and of itself.
Though there are some suggestions and ideas for it, typically you take the setting and then apply your own story to it for a campaign.
>> No. 140250
>>140247
Someone reasoned out in an earlier thread that he's from Planescape/Greyhawk, due to Mr. Wizard's mention of Howler's Crag, which is part of Pandemonium.

Seriously though, other campaign settings really don't matter here. Mr. Wizard is stuck in the current setting of Gensokyo, the pocket plane within the world of modern Earth that we all know and love. Build your discussions around that.

Or even better, stop metagaming.
>> No. 140252
>>140250
>Baw stop having fun guize
No u

>Other campaign settings don't matter here
I think knowing where Wizardnon is from is very important.
>> No. 140264
>>140250
That settles it, then. Planescape.
>> No. 140265
Please go off on as many tangents discussing Planescape as you want. I'd like to know more about it than I learned from Torment.

and we've hit the bump limit
>> No. 140275
>>140250
>stop metagaming
Are you the same whiny fuck who keeps crying about how everyone needs to stop metagaming because it's badwrongfun and you don't like people doing things you don't like?
>> No. 140283
Guys, feel free to metagame as much as you want now, this thread is over the bump limit. Just get it all out of your system before the next thread starts.
>> No. 140286
>>140264
Definitely NOT Planescape native. Language is wrong. 'scape humanoids have specific verbal tics and dialect of "common". Which Wizardnon never used. I suspect he is from some not-famous material plane.
>> No. 140293
>I suspect he is from some not-famous material plane.
Probably homebrew setting as wizard and Duke make a lot references to popular culture.

That saying we can figure out some of it properties:
-it has great wheel cosmology system(directly mentioned)
-it is magic friendly(Wizardnon learned magic in Academy)
>> No. 140313
Wizzanon vs. Cirno - battle of wits.
Wizzanon looses...
Damn.
Quest 'prize' -2 to CRANIALNESS/Other CRANIALNESS
>>128762
>> No. 140316
[X] Cast Magic Missile at the darkness
>> No. 140327
>>140264
"Great Wheel" is part of almost any old setting, including Faerun and Greyhawk - they all connected to it.
>> No. 140393
> 260 posts and 22 images omitted.
> Only two actual story posts.

...
>> No. 140397
>>140393
Welcome on THP. This story is now reaching GH's level.
>> No. 140399
>>140397
one update every now and then is just the beginning.
>> No. 140400
>>140397
>>140399
This story has been likened to GH for the longest time now. The most recent non-sage posts make the similarities abundantly clear.

Bad omens, yo.
>> No. 140410
GH = Gensokyo High?
>> No. 140413
Stop imagining the worst possible outcomes. Deme is not Taisa. Wizard Is You is not GH.
>> No. 140417
>>140413
For all we know he could be a suicidal and paranoid writer who hates the things he created and gets his kicks from screwing with his readers too.

It is not like you can look inside a person.
>> No. 140426
>>140417
It depends how much you know about a person.
I'd like to believe he's not like that and you should to
>> No. 140431
>>140426
indeed, I have a strong feeling that he's not really anything like Taisa. Look what happened when certain people talked about casting wish/limited wish just the clean the library and thus earn points with Patchouli.
>> No. 140435
>>140417
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
>> No. 140436
Taisa's so incredibly vulnerable; I don't see how anyone can view him as a villain. I'd be willing to bet that this tangent ruined his day.
>> No. 140438
>>140417
Especially online like that.
>> No. 140445
>>140436
It's fairly possible. I know it'd ruin my day and I feel sorry it got brought up in the first place
>> No. 140458
I hope Demetrious comes back. If I may be so bold to say, were he to update as he did before all of this pointless and venomous bickering would be avoided. That the Poliorcetes does not, perhaps speaks of his disillusion with this story due to our endless arguments.

Oh Almighty Lord, may your divine light and inspiration shine upon Demetrious. Oh Muses, return henceforth to Demetrious and inspire once more his mind and heart to write his tale. May he never lack your guiding whispers in his endeavours, nor lose his passion for writing ever again.
>> No. 140460
is it just me or is it a little creepy when people start straight-up praying in threads
>> No. 140464
>>140458
You really should stop that. Owen got a lot of flak himself when he started writing, because he wrote in a similarly verbose and highfalutin style that just makes him (and you) come across as a pretentious git. He dropped the act after a while after people badgered him about it over IRC, and it would be appreciated if you would do the same. You aren't doing yourself any favors by pining for attention this way, whether you namefag or not, since the point of being an anon is that we shouldn't be able to tell each other apart.
>> No. 140467
>>140464
>the point of being an anon is that we shouldn't be able to tell each other apart.
No. The point of being Anon is that you can't bring up past posting history. Like you just did with Owen.
>> No. 140473
>>140460
Eh, it's fine when they're not being serious.


I dearly hope he's not being serious.

If you're reading this Demetrious, please don't be creeped out know that the rest of us are mostly sane.
>> No. 140480
>>140460
No, but it's annoying as shit to see that there are still people on this site that think it's okay to forgo punctuation and capitalization when they post.

Downright disturbing, in fact.
>> No. 140496
>>140464
> Owen got a lot of flak himself when he started writing, because he wrote in a similarly verbose and highfalutin style that just makes him (and you) come across as a pretentious git.
I liked his style in those early posts. Just saying.
>> No. 140501
>>140464
Personally, what makes people come across as pretentious gits is people trying to dictate people's writing styles like fascist arses.

>>140473
Deme'll be back soon I'd wager. Probably just the end of the year eating up all his time (I know it's eating up mine). Couple of weeks, and updates have a good chance of coming regularly again.
>> No. 140530
File 130440540698.jpg - (301.25KB , 849x1335 , KoaCombo.jpg ) [iqdb]
140530
Hm... Are we sure that Duke is safe?
>> No. 140531
>>140530
I'm sure he's safe. I'm not so sure he still wants to be Wizard's friend.
>> No. 140532
>>140531
*Imagines Koa-piled Duke*

Yeah, riiight. LOL.
>> No. 140548
>>140532
http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/6052.html
You might want to read this
>> No. 140551
[x] Get Mokou and Cirno to stall the caller while you and Keine make up. Then confront the caller.
>> No. 140678
Likely completely wrong, but why won't the idea that Tiamat is the one here to visit our wizard leave my head?
>> No. 140685
>>140678
Because Tiamat will either obliterate Wiznon in a spectacular display of five-headed dragonbreath, or Tiamat comes as a loli in a hat.
>> No. 140687
> Tiamat comes as a loli in a hat.

Fund it.
>> No. 140700
x] Get Mokou and Cirno to stall the caller while you and Keine make up. Then confront the caller.
>> No. 141145
Everyone deserves to know: Thread 2 is NO WHERE to be found. its been 404d like a bitch.
>> No. 141188
File 130569158476.jpg - (21.64KB , 512x400 , that one turret.jpg ) [iqdb]
141188
Are you still there?
>> No. 141263
>>141188
his last post took him almost a month. give him another week before you call this one dead
>> No. 141268
Demetrious seemed pretty adamant about not ditching this. He'll be back.
>> No. 141443
I just now started reading this from the archives, so sorry I've jumped to the latest thread, but it seems that the second and third threads have 404'd in the archives. Does anyone have those threads as an archive or saved somewhere, as I'd really rather not skip two entire threads.
>> No. 141447
>404 etc.
http://www.mediafire.com/?h4blj9ol5ldtar3
http://www.mediafire.com/?brvpi573p6el0d7
Uploaded by other guy but I checked them.
>> No. 141458
>>141447
Thank you.
>> No. 141460
>>141145
Thread 3 is also gone, now.
>> No. 141462
The missing threads should be back eventually. Automatic archiving is still off right now, I believe, so the threads are stuck in a backlog at the moment. All the old A Wizard Is You threads are REALLY close together, so they'll probably vanish in batches when they drop off Page [9] and reappear as soon as they're archived manually.

Relevant thread about the story list:
http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/5516.html
>Next up:
>Automatically archiving threads that get pushed off (it's done manually for now, so some threads may go missing temporarily)
>> No. 141465
Is this dead, or what? Would really appreciate a status update, even if, god forbid, it was just to say this story was dropped for good.
>> No. 141468
>>141465
Well, /th/ is notorious for having a high mortality rate for its stories due to its massive amount of traffic relative to the other boards.
>> No. 141472
>>141465
He's just busy, you retard.
>> No. 141527
where are you?
>> No. 142029
File 130746612236.jpg - (102.66KB , 780x600 , 127934683276.jpg ) [iqdb]
142029
So do we have the misfortune of declaring this amazing story that deserved so much love dead?

Or did he just move the story to another place for the truly devoted fans that do not bitch about D&D rules?

Pic Related its Rumia gonna eat this story.
>> No. 142033
>>142029
He will be back! Believe in Deme!
>> No. 142111
>>142033
Believe in the Deme that believes in the story that the fans believe in?
>> No. 142123
>>142029

Or maybe he just move the story to place where people do not bitch about story fans talking D&D rules?
>> No. 142133
>>142123
Not true, last I heard he was at home, where there's dial-up and only one phone connection.
>> No. 142145
File 130767590255.jpg - (51.64KB , 600x456 , Neckbear.jpg ) [iqdb]
142145
>>142144

neew threeaad