[Return]
Archived thread

File 130102930319.png - (197.28KB , 546x852 , b6051caefa95603144abbfa3a45d4476.png ) [iqdb]
138223 No. 138223
Alright, so.

New author. Point me out on my stupidity, please.

Also the story's supposed to be human village centric, so let's try to keep it there with minimal to no railroading, kay? Kay.
-------------------


The dull ring of your alarm clock resounds through the room. You roll over onto the side of the pillow further away from the alarm, pulling it around your head to block out the sound. It doesn’t help. After a few more rings, your eardrums demand you to give in and you roll back over towards the alarm clock, slapping your hand sloppily onto it; silencing it for the moment. Sighing as you sit up, you rub one hand over your right eye. Another 7 AM morning…
University is great! At least, it was supposed to be. It’ll help you get on later in life; that’s why you came and that’s why you’ve spent the last two years trudging through it. You guess you should be used it to by now, but early mornings just grate at you. Too bad classes this morning can’t be skipped, being multiple variable calculus and all… If only you hadn’t skipped the last few mornings of great old calc’, then maybe your grade wouldn’t be shit and you could sleep in today!
You make a mental note to spend more time studying in the evenings rather than having to attend in the mornings; then kick off the covers and step out of your bed.
Leaving the bedroom for the kitchen, you relish not having to worry about any possible roommates seeing you in your skivvies. Generous arrangements for the juniors and seniors mean you got a room all to yourself. It’s great on a morning like this, where you can set the stove, shed the shirt and boxers, and begin your nude walk through the three-room dorm from the kitchen to the bathroom, leaving your clothes on the kitchen floor. You’ll get to them when you come back from university; it’s not like anything’s going to happen before then, right?
The water feels great on your skin, as it does every morning. Your mind wanders to the subject of people trying to get by without running hot water, involuntarily distracting you from the wonders of an early morning shower. Not needing any interruptions from this already-going-to-be-shit morning, you shake off the thought and get to the lathering.
One good hair rinse later, and you step out of the shower. Not wanting to open the door quite yet and let the (relatively cold) air of the rest of the dorm get to you, you towel yourself off for a bit, brush your teeth, and wrap the towel around your waist.
Your early morning routine takes you into the kitchen, where the pre-heated stove awaits you. Opening the small fridge, you take out a carton of eggs and a slice of pork, laying them both on the counter. Closing the fridge, you turn back towards your breakfast, and begin to cook.
The eggs are quickly cracked, and deposited onto the stove’s heated surface. The pork goes next, taking its place next to the eggs, soaking in its own grease and juices. The great smell of a healthy early morning breakfast takes to the air.
You take a fork from your utensils drawer and tender them both for a bit, making sure they’ll be good to eat. Within a few minutes the breakfast is going well; you grab a plate and deposit your breakfast on it before placing it on the counter. The egg shells are put in the waste bin on your way to the bedroom where your clothes await you.
A quick check in the drawer, the selection of some fine threads, one shed towel on your floor… and you are looking nice. You grab a comb on your way back to the kitchen and your cooled food, making your hair look okay on the way there. You set the comb on the counter and dig into your breakfast, devouring the pork easily and wolfing down most of the eggs. It wasn’t bad, but you could do with some salt next time. Salt shakers, yeah… you should pick up some of those. Leave the comfort of the family house and you notice the damndest things missing. Part of living on your own, you guess.
A quick glance at the microwave’s clock tells you it’s time to head out, and you set down the plate in the sink with the remains of one of the eggs. You grab your wallet and keys by the door, stopping only to pick up your messenger bag and sling it over your shoulder. Bright sunlight streams in from the windows as you open the door to the common area and prepare to exit. A group of students from your calculus class is on the opposite side of the room, ostensibly hurrying just the same as you.
Stepping outside, you ready to join them for yet another day. You hurry your pace, hoping to catch up to them for some socializing before class starts. They get ever so far away, though…
You redouble your efforts, now almost jogging, messenger bag swinging on your shoulder. The clarity on their faces sharpening even as they grow farther away. Your voice cries out, asking them to wait up, but their images only grow more distant. Your legs wobble, and it feels like you’re running through molasses. You stumble as best you can, reaching forward with your left arm, trying to grasp at the people you know. As you begin your freefall into darkness, you wonder if anyone noticed you in your last seconds in this world. You know something is changing; something is happening. You just don’t know what.

Your existence in this world ceases. A new chapter of your life begins today.

Your mind is stretched across the cosmos. Your soul bounces from dimension to dimension effortlessly. Your very being tears holes in existence. At once you are aware of a million things, each completely alien to your senses. There is no sensation in your body, but you are aware of your existence.
You can feel something: the horrible sensation of what mortals are not meant to experience. Your feeble mind cannot comprehend the complexities, and your senses are overwhelmed with indecipherable information. You can dully register an impact, although you are not sure of the source. Could’ve been a bullet, could’ve been a truck running you over, could’ve been your friend patting you on the back. You just don’t know.
After what seems like an eternity, you can feel an object pushing into your chest. The wish-you-were-a-novelist-and-hadn’t-blown-your-art-grant part of your mind thinks fast,
“Oh god, am I dead?! Is this death? One cruel replaying of what happened before I died, before incomprehensible pain for eternity!? The unmitigated horror!”
You open your mouth in panic, and taste dirt. Your mind is clouded by the unfamiliarity of your situation, and you roll over on to your back and swat your face, trying to get the dirt off your mouth. You attempt to open your eyes and see if you wiped any dirt off into your hands, but are blinded by the sun beating down on you. You quickly realize that you were neither outdoors, nor was it that late in the day when you last remembered. Putting your hand up to shield your eyes instinctively, you not only recognize that you have control over your limbs, but also that the sensation in your chest has gone away. Well, hopefully that means you haven’t been shot.
Sitting up with your bones creaking, you examine your chest and find it quite fine except for a smear of blood on the front of your shirt. A quick feel under your shirt confirms that there is no wound. Huh, wonder what happened there.
Your head swivels left, then right. You seem to be in a forest, although the species of tree seems very off for New England. You’ve never seen trees like this around the university, though to be honest you never were much of a nature freak. The sparseness of the trees is odd as well; it’s not like the forests you’ve seen. Instead, much of the vegetation is concentrated in the underbrush.
Well, it shouldn’t be terribly hard to find the nearest highway! You take to your legs, eager to find civilization and more importantly, return to your comfortable routine life. Within one step you’ve hit your foot on something. Glancing down, there’s a lot of blood, some protruding bone, and a little girl with a dress and wings on her back in a pool of her own blood. None of those are particularly encouraging signs.

Your jaw drops. You drop immediately to your knees, and realize where the blood on your chest came from. It was from this girl. Whatever happened, you crushed her. A quick look over of her injuries is quite gruesome. Her right arm and leg are at unnatural angles, her nose has been crushed into her skull, and there’s enough blood on and around her to practically guarantee she’s dead of blood loss, if not the sheer trauma of being landed on by a 200 pound grown man.
You delicately pick her up in your arms, blood smearing over your shirt’s arms as you cradle her. You put your ear to her (badly disfigured) chest and listen. Nothing. Hyperventilation sets in. You caused this.
You look left, and right. Nobody is around.
Whatever you’re going to do, it has to be done quickly.


[ ] Burn the body! You have to get rid of the evidence, all of it! Including your shirt!
[ ] Bury the body! Nobody can find it, and this is a nice, respectful way to get rid of it! You appreciate her breaking your fall, after all.
[ ] Alert the proper authorities! You had a supernatural experience, remember little of it, and “fell” onto this girl, killing her. Completely understandable.

Write-ins welcome.

>> No. 138225
>>supposed to be human village centric

Than take it to border.

I realize that people love /th/ for its high population of neckbeards, but seriously now. At least attempt to put these stories in their proper place.
>> No. 138228
Aw, shit, you killed a hooker. Shiiiiiiiiiit.

[X] Burn the body! You have to get rid of the evidence, all of it! Including your shirt!

If only there was a convenient woodchipper around!
>> No. 138232
File 130103249810.jpg - (42.42KB , 492x600 , AchiCirno.jpg ) [iqdb]
138232
[X] Burn the body! You have to get rid of the evidence, all of it! Including your shirt!

Pic related.
>> No. 138233
[X] Burn the body! You have to get rid of the evidence, all of it! Including your shirt!

I'm going with this but don't burn your shirt, considering we are a student we should have something like a pencil that we could use to make some sort of gash like thing on our chest and pass off the blood as from that.
Also add some vertical scratches on our arms like we went through some thickets and got cut up from that.

As for the body, ideally we should eat it but with the lack of time and proper tools for cutting the body and cooking it (And feeding the locals the body later) we ought to just try our best to make it look like they fell out of a tree somewhere and broke their neck, and then loop around and look for a road from a different direction.
>> No. 138235
[X] Alert the proper authorities! You had a supernatural experience, remember little of it, and “fell” onto this girl, killing her. Completely understandable.

It's not like you did it on purpose. Plus, the girl has wings, clearly, something weird is going on
>> No. 138236
>>138225
If you would permit to ask a question of you my good man. Perchance are you an idiot?
>> No. 138238
>>138236
He made a valid point. What use are the other boards if no one cares and just puts them wherever he wants.
And your only argument seems to be insults, so yeah. Good work being what you accuse others of.
>> No. 138239
>>138238
Actually the human village doesn't exactly belong to any one board, one might argue this might be better put in /shrine/ or somewhere else depending on the characters, but not /border/ as it mainly deals with the outlying areas such as Higan, Makai,etc.
>> No. 138240
>>138238
No, the reason he was asking if >>138225 was an idiot was for saying to put it in border. I mean, shrine would probably be a better place for human village, but how would it fit into border?
>> No. 138241
[X] Alert the proper authorities! You had a supernatural experience, remember little of it, and “fell” onto this girl, killing her. Completely understandable.
>> No. 138243
>You look left, and right
[x]Look up to the right. Despair

OP, that post looks like shit. You should take the time to make it more presentable, with proper spacing and whatever. Editing is your friend.

>>138238
No, no, those guys are right. I was strapped for time when I made that post, and did not notice I incorrectly put in border over shrine. My bad, though the point still stands. This fledgling story belongs in shrine.
>> No. 138244
>>138240
Human village clearly belongs into /shrine/. Since YAF wrote about Reimu it was always human village too. /forest/ is for alice and all the other youkai in there. /border/ is for all the stuff that no one cares about and which does not belong in the other two. /th/ is for stories which have no focus on anything and it will be decided with votes or just switches between places. Writer clearly said human village, so it belongs in either of the two.
>> No. 138246
>>138244
Not officially, the official stance is "there is no clear area". YAF's a poor example as his latest story is more fit for /eientei/ than /shrine/.

On the other topic, this first post isn't that good at all.
>> No. 138249
[x] Burn the body! You have to get rid of the evidence, all of it! Including your shirt!

Perfectly normal thing to do when accidentally killing someone when you don't even know where you are.
>> No. 138251
>>138233
I agree, with this. Not to mention you would be walking around shirtless if you burned the shirt as well which probably would raise unwanted questions, so:
[ ] Burn the body! You have to get rid of the evidence, all of it! Make small lacerations in both you and the shirt so it looks like your blood!
>> No. 138252
[x] Alert the proper authorities! You had a supernatural experience, remember little of it, and “fell” onto this girl, killing her. Completely understandable.
>> No. 138254
[X] Alert the proper authorities! You had a supernatural experience, remember little of it, and “fell” onto this girl, killing her. Completely understandable.
This is horrible! WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOR

[X]Shouldn't this be in /forest/ or /shrine/?
>> No. 138257
[x] Burn the body! You have to get rid of the evidence, all of it!
>> No. 138258
Why is everyone complaining about which board this is in. We don't really even know what it's about yet.
>> No. 138259
>>138258

This to be honest. For all you know the story's going to consist of getting to the human village just in time to see a Brontosaurus fall out of the damned sky onto the school full of children before velociraptors pour in from every conceivable direction and tear apart the rest of the humans in the village. After a very brave charge (and probably use of fire), you drive the dinosaurs off and set up the human village as Gensokyo's outpost of humanity (Eh, eh? See how I tied that into the title.) against the TERRIFYING NEW DINOSAUR THREAT and the rest of the story chronicles your heroic deeds in preserving humanity through sword and seed (Obviously by expending sperm. Byakuren route, anyone? Not exactly a lot of humans to fuck). And maybe the story ends with you dying of old age as your descendants lead a charge into the forest of magic to drive the dinosaurs to extinction.
>> No. 138260
[x] Alert the proper authorities! You had a supernatural experience, remember little of it, and “fell” onto this girl, killing her. Completely understandable.

Well, we probably impacted some miscellanous fairy. I'm sure we'll just be told it's no big deal.
>> No. 138262
File 130106986990.jpg - (70.11KB , 542x701 , The Immortal Emperor of Man.jpg ) [iqdb]
138262
>>138259
Bah. We all know only a bare handful of Men can lead Humanity in glorious conquest and reclamation of our rightful land and power. Only Men more real then any other man. Men with Vision and Will such that the Universe itself bends to their Dream.

Your character is not one of those Men.
>> No. 138263
>>138262

neckbeard.jpg
>> No. 138269
[X] Alert the proper authorities! You had a supernatural experience, remember little of it, and “fell” onto this girl, killing her. Completely understandable.
>> No. 138270
Voting closed, altering the authorities won by a slim margin.
>> No. 138277
File 130111977524.jpg - (69.48KB , 800x664 , 250c005106980405e176d2c034a5ed89.jpg ) [iqdb]
138277
[X] Alert the proper authorities! You had a supernatural experience, remember little of it, and “fell” onto this girl, killing her. Completely understandable.

Alright, stay calm. Don’t do anything stupid here. You’ve got some money, a good background, and no criminal record. Someone’s going to come looking for this girl, and you don’t want to be found burying, or worse yet, burning it in what would probably be a pretty spectacular way to cause massive property damage and attract a lot of attention. With the amount of shrubbery around, you guesstimate you could easily burn down the entire forest if it hasn’t rained recently. And arsonists can get what, up to ten years in prison? Hell if you’re going to stay away from the comforts of home for that long.

Hey wait, don’t you still have your phone? You seem to have misplaced your messenger bag somewhere, but a quick check of the pockets confirms you have your phone and keys. Giddily, you withdraw the phone and punch in the three numbers for local emergency services, holding it to your ear for the response.

“We’re sorry. We could not contact the network from your current location. This provider recommends moving out from any obstructions, flapping your arms wildly…”

You hang up before it can finish. Goddamned phones and their magical signals.

Another look around tells you that there’s still no highway in site, and you’re not sure if you can lead authorities back to the site when you do find a way to contact them. Also, you don’t want to try hitchhiking on a major highway with your shirt covered in blood. That would probably give the wrong impression.

Well, what other ways are there to attract attention? Screaming really loud? Showing some leg? Oh, and fire. Yeah, that would work as long as you didn’t let it get out of control. Then again, if it got out of control, they’d probably respond faster. I’m sure they would understand that you burnt down half the forest to make good your escape from it.

Ok so: Burn, but not big burn. No forest-wide burns. You take a small venture into the areas surrounding your supposed entrance, and gather a few dead branches. Every time you go more than 10 feet, the vegetation really starts closing in. You hadn’t noticed it before, but the vegetation is really vicious here. Definitely a good thing you didn’t try to burst through this on your way to find a highway, you would’ve found yourself lost in no time!

Good thing there’s a lot of dead branches in the immediate vicinity, like that one. Oh, it’s stuck? Damn vines. You pull it harder, breaking it out of the vines with a snap. The vines visibly retract in front of you, like a tentacle monster pulling in its limb before the inevitable rape. You’re so surprised you jump back and utter something akin to a girly yelp, dropping half the sticks carried in your arms. However, they don’t come back. You silently curse to yourself for being such a fool, as it must have been tension on the vines. Vines don’t move on their own, after all. Or maybe it was a snake. A really… brown snake.

With that thought stuck in your head, you hurry on to grab the rest of an armful of sticks and bring them back to the girl’s body, dumping them next to it. Another foray yields plenty of dead grass and some moss which you think you identify as a good fire starter. One quick check of the outskirts of your (what seems to be shrinking) clearing yields a log, which you place at the top of the pile.

Now you remember that you don’t want any forest wide flames, so you overturn the top layer of soil where you plan to create your fire in a circle about four feet wide. This should give you plenty of room to prevent any accidents. A quick re-pile and you have the tinder below a stack of normal sticks and branches, and the log on top. The corpse is dragged over to the edge of the clearing to prevent any accidental clothing ignitions. Alright, time to do this shit. You untie your shoe and begin to craft a fire spindle, using one of the errant branches and your right shoelace. Thank you, Bear Grylls.

…It doesn’t go as well as Bear Grylls showing off his abs and drinking his own pee, though. After about 20 minutes of dicking around, you curse in anger and toss the contraption over your shoulder. You think you hear a womanly giggle and whip around, but there’s nothing there. Must’ve been your subconscious laughing at you for throwing away your shoelace. Well, you’ll quickly solve that problem!

The shoelace is retrieved along with two rocks, and you begin to try again. Bear Grylls ain’t got shit on you, and the rocks produce a few sparks right off the bat. A few hard strikes and the rock chips, but also ignites the tinder. Neat-o. You take a step away and sit down on your ass, massaging your left wrist after hitting the rocks together.

The fire goes up quick, consuming the tinder and branches. Although it’s a little warm for mid to late afternoon, you feel infinitely more comfortable with the fire around. Thankfully, it produces its desired effect, billowing great plumes of smoke into the air. You relish your impending escape, and consider what else to do before the rescue crews arrive.

Well, better make everything tidy before the firefighters come to stop the “forest fire”. You brush off some twigs and debris that was on your shirt. You decide to at least attempt to make it so that that girl wasn’t horribly mauled, so you stand up and head over to the body.

…It’s not there. The body. Is not there. Bodies don’t just get up and walk away! Shit, shit. Someone or something took it. Oh man, you’re screwed. You take a few steps backwards towards the fire, as it’ll probably be the thing that saves you if this situation goes south.

The sound of breaking bones takes your attention to the underbrush. There is movement. You brace for the possibility of someone jumping out to attack you, your kung-fu stances at the ready . Something does jump out, but it’s not as assailant. Instead, it’s the girl’s body, being whipped around by a dozen vines. You dodge out of the way as the body is flung over you, before being dragged back across the clearing into the brush. The sound of tearing body parts almost makes you shit your pants.

[ ] Scream like a little girl. It’s time to get those authorities here! Right NOW!

[ ] Hey! Nobody defiles corpses on my watch besides me! Charge whatever it is!

[ ] Huddle around the fire! Creatures have a natural fear of fire, and as long as you stick close by and maybe wave a burning stick or two they won’t come close!
>> No. 138286
[ ] Move close to the fire, and see if there are any torch like sticks if so carefully pick it up and hold it between you and the thing.
-[ ]If not keep the fire between you and it, you don't want to run off in case there are others like it.
[Optional]Try to spread the fire a bit if you can the larger the fire the sooner some one comes to save you... plus it looks almost plant like more fire will probably scare it off.
>> No. 138294
[x] Huddle around the fire! Creatures have a natural fear of fire, and as long as you stick close by and maybe wave a burning stick or two they won’t come close!
Survival mode
>> No. 138295
[x] Huddle around the fire! Creatures have a natural fear of fire, and as long as you stick close by and maybe wave a burning stick or two they won’t come close!

Hopefully the vine tentacle monster realizes we can just burn it to death if it gets too close.
>> No. 138296
[ ] Huddle around the fire! Creatures have a natural fear of fire, and as long as you stick close by and maybe wave a burning stick or two they won’t come close!
>> No. 138299
[X] Huddle around the fire! Creatures have a natural fear of fire, and as long as you stick close by and maybe wave a burning stick or two they won’t come close!

Well at least we don't have to worry about the body anymore and can explain why we are bloodied.
>> No. 138307
[X] Huddle around the fire! Creatures have a natural fear of fire, and as long as you stick close by and maybe wave a burning stick or two they won’t come close!

Fire... Man has a love for fire. Napalm, white phosphorus, oil, gasoline, firestorms, incendiaries, firepower, fireline, flamethrower, fireteam, firefighter, the flames of war, fire, fire, fire. What else could be said to have benefited as much from man as fire? What other element has been defended, nursed, tutored, fed, and loved more than fire? Our cities, our books, our people, our enemies, our friends, our dead, our living, our greatest works and most heinous feats; all of them, fed to the ever hungry flames.

We shall feed this dark forest to Fire as well.
>> No. 138383
That's a pretty decisive vote right there. Will be writing as soon as I get some free time.
>> No. 138541
File 13014679639.png - (263.65KB , 480x480 , Swr_alice.png ) [iqdb]
138541
24 hours later than I had expected, I had hell trying to find some proofreaders for this update.

-------------------------------


[X] Huddle around the fire! Creatures have a natural fear of fire, and as long as you stick close by and maybe wave a burning stick or two they won’t come close!

You dive towards the fire like a professional baseball player going for home plate. Skidding to a halt next to your lifeline of flames, you turn over onto your side and swivel your head just in time to see and feel the vines grab your ankle and start pulling you away from the fire. Flailing like a fish out of water, you swing your arms wildly attempting to find something to grab on to. Your nails dig into the ground, but the soft soil easily gives way as your distance from the fire increases.

Desperately, you try one last thing before the monster has its way with you. You reach your hand right to the edge of the flames and grab a burning stick, pulling it out and swinging it around, smacking at your leg and the vine wildly in fury, desperation, and terror. You scream as you pummel the thing dragging you off,

“Get off me! GET THE FUCK OFF!

A low wail emanates from the forest before the thing releases your ankle and you scramble back towards the fire. Shuddering out of fear (and what you would later identify as incredible pain) you wave the stick around as you quickly examine the surrounding area for your attacker.

There are no more roots in sight, and as your body goes from a state of absolute terror to heightened alert; your hand involuntary loses all feeling and the stick drops from your hand. Your mind barely registers the action, and as you glance down to see why you dropped the stick you realize your hand has been badly burned, some of your skin is peeling away, and the entire hand is a fine color of red, like a newly born baby’s skin.

But you’re not a newly born baby. And so you have barely enough time to scream one good “FUCK” before the pain registers to your senses. It floors you, and you spend a few minutes thrashing about on the ground next to the fire. Trying to block out the pain of your burnt hand, it finally dawns on you to deathgrip your arm and cut off the circulation to your hand. Although you’re not quite sure if that’s “proper medical procedure”; you couldn’t give less of a rat’s ass as it dulls most of the pain.

With the pain dulled you lay on your back next to the fire, still holding your arm slightly above the wrist. You wonder when help will arrive as the sun’s rays grow weaker and weaker upon your shut eyes. The fire cackles a bit, growing weaker in intensity and you realize you may have to gather more firewood soon if you wish to last the night (You sure hope it doesn’t come to that). As your mind tries to decide whether to get up now or later, the sun’s light is blocked completely from your view. You open your eyes excitedly, is it a helicopter?!

No, it’s a goddamn tree being held up by several of those vines. Complete with roots and dark green leaves, it appears to have been ripped right out of the ground.

You barely utter a shriek before you’re forced to scramble for your life, rolling quickly away from the fire as the vines hurtle the tree down upon you. The tree impacts harshly, most of the fire being completely extinguished by the impact and what little bit that’s not quickly being attacked by multiple vines and stamped into non-existence.

You scramble to your feet a few feet away, utterly bewildered and once again terrified. You try to sprint away, holding your right hand to your chest, but only get a few feet before you are tripped up by a vine coming out of nowhere. Your face on the ground, body being dragged towards the unseen beast, you finally decide that you can’t fight anymore. You offer up a silent prayer to whatever may be listening and glance skyward to see the sky one more time before it all ends.

The doll stares back at you, its eyes empty but seemingly amused by your situation. In a flash, several more dolls screech past you with what you think are lances. You turn over as you hear the monster wail like a banshee, with four dolls going at the vine attached to your legs. They quickly tear it to pieces, and proceed with lightning speed into the edge of the forest where the screams of the beast continue. The doll floating by your head pats you on the head as a woman emerges, wearing a blue dress with a pink capelet and matching headband. Her eyes are open as she watches her dolls work, and she carries a bound book in her right hand as she holds out her left with several rings on it.

She stops several feet away from you and bends down, looking at you with empty light green eyes,

“Why did you build a fire in this forest? Did you wish to die?”

You scramble to your knees, trying to put your hands together and thank her,

“T-Thank you so much! I’ve been out here for a few hours! I have no idea how I got here, I thought I was gonna die for a sec! I built the fire to signal the rescuers that I was out here!”

You could swear her eyes lighten up for just a second. However, they immediately lose their vigor again,

“You’re not from around here, are you?”

“Around here? Where is around here?”

Before she answers she glances to the right, and you glance with her. Several of the dolls return, still floating in the air, but now covered in a greenish red substance which you can most accurately describe as blood. You decide now’s not the best time to ask why dolls are floating or moving on their own, given that they just rescued you and everything.

“Gensokyo. I’ll take that as a no.”

The woman stands erect and begins walking away, all of the dolls following her at varying heights and positions around her. She calls back to you without even bothering to slow down or turn around,

“Come with me if you want to live.”

You scramble to your feet after the girl, not wanting to be left behind. You fall into walking position behind her and wonder where she’s leading you, or if you should talk to her.

The sun behind you begins to set, darkness readying to engulf the land.

[ ] Ask her just what the heck’s going on, where this place is, what attacked you, and if you could get back home in a reasonable time. You have a feeling that this isn’t New England anymore.

[ ] Ask her about herself. She seems to be pretty confident around these forests, not even flinching as those dolls tore apart that… thing.

[ ] Don’t say anything. You don’t want to cause any friction between your (obviously non-government sanctioned) rescuer and yourself. No need to get yourself dumped right back in the forest now that rescue is in sight.
>> No. 138545
[x] Don’t say anything. You don’t want to cause any friction between your (obviously non-government sanctioned) rescuer and yourself. No need to get yourself dumped right back in the forest now that rescue is in sight.
>> No. 138549
[ ] Don’t say anything. You don’t want to cause any friction between your (obviously non-government sanctioned) rescuer and yourself. No need to get yourself dumped right back in the forest now that rescue is in sight.
>> No. 138558
[x] Don’t say anything. You don’t want to cause any friction between your (obviously non-government sanctioned) rescuer and yourself. No need to get yourself dumped right back in the forest now that rescue is in sight.

Questions can wait until we're safe.
>> No. 138560
[X] Don’t say anything. You don’t want to cause any friction between your (obviously non-government sanctioned) rescuer and yourself. No need to get yourself dumped right back in the forest now that rescue is in sight.

Don't forget the part about OH GOD MY HAND STILL HURTS LIKE A BITCH
>> No. 138561
[X] Ask her about herself. She seems to be pretty confident around these forests, not even flinching as those dolls tore apart that… thing.

A serious CYOA without 'sh*t and giggles' choices that sooner or later derail adventure? Love it (not that ZUULU and Pyonta shenanigans are bad).
>> No. 138564
>>138561
First, it's "shits," plural.

Second, if you aren't comfortable seeing or even using profanity, this is not the site for you. You should probably not even be on the internet.

Either don't swear at all, or grow up and learn to curse, but don't do something as immature as censoring.

Thank you.
>> No. 138575
[X] Ask her just what the heck’s going on, where this place is, what attacked you, and
-[X] ask her about herself. She seems to be pretty confident around these forests, not even flinching as those dolls tore apart that… thing.
>> No. 138576
[x] Ask her about herself. She seems to be pretty confident around these forests, not even flinching as those dolls tore apart that… thing.
Come on anon speak to the girl!
>> No. 138580
[X] Don’t say anything. You don’t want to cause any friction between your (obviously non-government sanctioned) rescuer and yourself. No need to get yourself dumped right back in the forest now that rescue is in sight.
>> No. 138670
Sorry for the last anon voting but considering the votes were 4/3 in favor of not talking when I passed out (and wrote the first paragraph) I'm calling it as such:

[X] Don’t say anything for now. Now is not the time nor the place for socializing. What if there are more of those things out there? And they have EARS?!!
-[X]Ask the girl about herself if you get a chance.
>> No. 139157
Wooo sickness! Sorry for the delay.


-----------------


[X] Don’t say anything for now. Now is not the time nor the place for socializing. What if there are more of those things out there? And they have EARS?!!
-[X]Ask the girl about herself if you get a chance.

You continue to follow the girl, electing to keep your mouth shut unless needed. You’re not sure if there are any more of those… things out here, either. It’s probably in your best interest to just keep quiet, so you do exactly that.

Holding your injured hand to your chest, you follow several feet behind the girl as she moves through the forest. A tap on your shoulder makes you spin around, but the only thing there is two dolls holding your messenger bag. The sheer absurdity of the situation strikes you for a second, then you respond,

“Uhh… thank you?”

The dolls wait for you to take the bag with your good left hand, curtsying before flying off towards the woman, who hasn’t stopped at all. You hurry yourself up to catch the woman, checking your bag while you’re at it (A task made more difficult by the searing pain encompassing your right hand when you try to touch things with it).

A quick rifle through reveals your two textbooks for your morning class, a high-level calculus book and a physics book. You don’t think you have any time at the moment to read them, so you return them to your bag. You can always catch up on the material later.

The girl and her dolls move ahead of you like ghosts through the forest, stepping over dead branches and through brush without a sound. You, on the other hand, bumble like a fool, constantly watching your feet lest you make even more noise.

The pace continues for (what you estimate to be) at least 30 minutes. You begin to wonder just where the hell she could be taking you, and how she does it. You slow down, speed up, catch up, fall behind. This woman moves like a graceful machine, never needing to pause to see where she’s going. You wonder if she knows this forest, and how she manages to keep her pace. She doesn’t even seem to be watching where she’s going!

Those dolls though… Buzzing around like bees. Left, right, up, down. They fly in every direction around you, looking into the forest, disappearing behind trees, reappearing from different directions, and mostly just whizzing around willy-nilly. One of them doesn’t move from its spot though. It just hangs there, following the girl slightly behind her left shoulder. You also identify that it has a red ribbon in its hair, making it a bit different from the rest of the lot. Perhaps it’s a special doll?

You’re snapped out of your thoughts because you almost run into the girl. It takes you a second to realize she’s stopped completely, looking straight ahead. You open your mouth to venture a question, and then abruptly shut it when you realize why you haven’t talked up until now. Speaking now would defeat the purpose, so you stand there waiting.

The girl doesn’t bother to say what the problem is, or even look around. The dolls all move forward into the brush in one big wave, lances at the ready. You wait for the screams of whatever they’re going after, but it never comes. A lot of surprised shouting, and some words you can’t make out, but the dolls come back after a few minutes without any fresh coatings of blood or body parts.

“Just that stupid fairy and her friends. I don’t know what they’d be doing out here this late.”

And with no further explanation, the woman begins to move again. You’re left to your thoughts as you continue to follow her.

Fairy? What exactly does she mean by that? Fairy as in little girl with wings? Because that might explain a few things… and raise a lot more questions. Fairies like trees, right? They build… treehouses and stuff, don’t they? And dance in mushroom circles in something? Damn, you wish you knew more about mythology; it might explain what that girl was doing there… if she really is a fairy. Which you doubt.

No time for dwelling on fairies though, as the girl announces you’re growing near.

“Near where, exactly?”

She doesn’t respond, and the answer becomes obvious. The forest thins out before completely disappearing as it gives way to flat, open ground. About 50 meters to your front is a large palisade constructed of wood. Several quaint looking buildings peak out from above it. The girl finally hurries her pace, going right up to the edge of the wall. It stretches in both directions, rounding off after a few hundred feet. Big place, but protected by a wooden wall? Odd…

The girl pounds on what seems to be a door set in to the wall. She then tries to force it open, but it doesn’t budge. She mutters something about “damn humans” before a voice calls out from the other side.

“Who are you?”

The girl sighs, not in the mood for a long discussion or any more wasted time.

“Alice. There’s a new human out here. He’s hurt.”

“He?!”

There’s a momentary pause, and you wonder if that’s going to be an issue. What’s wrong with being male?

“That’s… unlikely. Let me hear him.”

Unlikely? Why you never. No time to complain though, the girl (Alice, apparently) turns around and nods at you. Well, guess that’s your cue. You go up to the door and try to talk through it.

“Uhh… Hello?”

“Hot damn, it is a guy!”

There is a thud on the other side, and the door opens to a middle-aged man (You guess around 40) clad in a cross between a kimono and jeans, it’s utterly bizarre. He leaves you no time to gawk at his fashion statement though, as he grabs you by the wrist and pulls you through. It takes you a second to realize Alice isn’t following. You pipe up,

“Hey, what about her?”

“I’m leaving.”

Without so much as a goodbye, she turns away from the wall and begins to walk away. Confused, you look at the man who just shrugs. You call out to her,

“Hey! Where the heck are you going?”

“Home.”

Home? Why the hell would she bring you here then? Then again, you still don’t know where here is! Maybe you just got sold into slavery or something. Better look into human rights in… wherever you are.

“Hey! Don’t leave!”

She doesn’t stop. You try one last thing before she’s back in the tree line. It’s redundant, but you feel it’s a proper introduction.

“W-Well, what’s your name?!”

No answer. Bugger. One of the dolls comes back though, it’s that one with the red ribbon in its hair. It stops before you, holding a sheet of paper. It motions for you to take the paper, then curtsies and whizzes away, towards where Alice disappeared back into the woods. Damn, what’s on this paper anyway?

After intensely (read as: not at all) studying it for all of two seconds, you deduce that the symbols on the paper are in a completely illegible script, possibly Chinese or Korean or Japanese or one of those Asiatic languages that you don’t know. Just where the hell are you?

You jump as you get patted on the shoulder,

“Alright kid, I’m glad you made friends but we got to put this block back on the door before we get eaten, you see?”

“Eh? Block?”

You look around. The door was apparently being held by a log that was wedged between it in the ground, an awfully crude system… A spear (Mental note: What the hell? Spears?...) rests next to where the door swings open, upside down with the tip in the ground.

The man closes the door and gets on the other side of the log, motioning for you to help. Together, you lift the log back into place and wedge it against the door, securing the only entrance to the wall that you can see. The task was made more difficult by the fact that you could only really use one hand, but since the man took most of the weight it seemed to work out OK. At least the area is safe.

“So kid… you really new?”

“Uhh.. yes? No? Kind of? I don’t really know, one moment I was in my university the next I’m in the middle of a forest with a g-“

You bite your tongue. He doesn’t need to know about that yet. Best leave the explanations for the police with a lawyer present.

The man notices the blood on your shirt.

“So… what the hell happened with you? You look like you killed a man!”

You laugh nervously with him as he breaks into laughter. Boned. So boned.

“Well we better get ya to Keine; she’ll make sure you get a place to stay for the night and get settled in. You hurt anywhere besides the blood? You ain’t keeling over, so I assume it’s not yours or a flesh wound.”

Perceptive fellow. Maybe that’s why he guards the gate at night? Better play it safe, just in case,

“I’d prefer to get looked at by a medical professional, if you don’t mind. I’m hurt in a bit of an… embarrassing way.”

There’s truth enough in that, as you clutch your right hand to your chest still. He doesn’t seem to have noticed that it’s burned at least, and it was embarrassing in hindsight how you hurt yourself like that.

“Right then, let’s go see Keine and she’ll make sure you get whatever ya need. Now you might want to plug your ears, cause…”

He cups his hands to his mouth and yells,

“ARRRIIIVVVAAAALLL!”

The village begins to stir, lights coming into existence in homes (curiously built of wood and stone…), but not in the instantaneous fashion of electricity. Oh no, it’s candlelight. What kind of backwards hell have you gotten yourself into?

The man retrieves his spear, choosing to use it as a walking implement rather than a weapon. Well, maybe this village isn’t so safe.

The man hums as he leads you through the streets, all of which appear to be glorified dirt roads. A few people look at you from windows and open doorways, but overall they don’t seem very interested despite your announced arrival. You look all around, but nobody else seems to be coming out. Guess they don’t appreciate being woken up at… whatever time of night it is.

You keep looking around, taking in the very primitive looking surroundings as you pass through the town. The pair of you take a right at an intersection, and you glance the other way down the intersection. For a moment, you think you see a woman in full maid outfit with silver hair at the end of the street. You stop, perplexed. She notices you and smiles (At least, you think it was a smile). With a blink, she is gone.

The man notices your complete stop and turns around,

“Hey, you see something?”

You shake your head no, driving the thought from your mind as well. There is no such thing as disappearing women in maid costumes. You tell him to keep going and secure your left hand in your pants pocket as you continue on.



*******************************

You sit in the chair, twiddling your thumbs (Or you would be, if you could use more than one of your thumbs). The man said he’d be fetching the woman named Keine, so you’re supposed to wait here. It’s an odd place though, as it appears to be a schoolhouse. It’s nothing like a modern schoolhouse, American or not, but more like one of the old schoolhouses you’d see described in literature. You kick your legs a bit, waiting for this woman.

The door opens, and the woman whom you presume to be Keine steps in with the man from before. She has silver hair with highlights that nicely compliment her blue dress, but the thing that strikes you the most is… whatever the fuck that thing on her head is.

Is it a miniature version of a temple? A Pagoda? A religious ornament? What the fuck is it?

You’re brought out of your staring by the woman snapping her fingers in front of your face. You shake your head and snap out of it.

“It’s not polite to stare, you know?”

“Oh I just- I uh….”

“Right.”

She claps her hands together and rubs them,

“I’m Keine. Really, I’m not in charge here. But considering the time of night, Lord Nakajima isn’t going to get his ass up to help. How can I help?”




Pick two.

[ ] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?

[ ] Oh man, what are you gonna do? This village… town, whatever the fuck it is is practically ancient. You need to arrange to get the hell out as soon as possible… and/or find a place to stay for the night.

[ ] That was a fine looking lady that escorted you here… Perhaps some investigation is in order? And what about that paper she gave you? The hell does it say?

[ ] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.
>> No. 139158
File 130198049485.jpg - (162.72KB , 850x1396 , sample-815435df6a6940762737dbb54e3c5660.jpg ) [iqdb]
139158
Just pretend I added this to the last post.
>> No. 139162
[X] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?


[X] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.

Cool update. I'm liking your version of Gensokyo quite a bit.
>> No. 139163
[X] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?

[X] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.
>> No. 139164
[x] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?

[x] That was a fine looking lady that escorted you here… Perhaps some investigation is in order? And what about that paper she gave you? The hell does it say?

Shanghai Shanghai!
>> No. 139165
[x] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?
[x] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.
>> No. 139168
[X] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?
[X] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.
>> No. 139169
[x] Oh man, what are you gonna do? This village… town, whatever the fuck it is is practically ancient. You need to arrange to get the hell out as soon as possible… and find a place to stay for the night.

Priorities, people. We need to get the hell out of here as soon as possible.
>> No. 139171
[X] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?
[X] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.

then sleep.

>>139169
It seems that for our hero common sense wasn't dump stat. Also adrenaline rush already ended if he times out looking at Keine hat. Sleep yes, getting hell out of Dodge much much latter.
Get hand looked at, spill about fairy, go to sleep - as it is near medival 'no electricity, no night life' setting and people probably goes by 'early to bed, early to rise' motto, I don't see Keine or anyone else giving late night tours around village or being in the mood for long explanations.
>> No. 139173
[x] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?

[x] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.
>> No. 139174
>>139169


Perhaps if you could follow simple instructions I'd be more inclined to actually count this vote...
>> No. 139177
[X] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?
[X] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.
>> No. 139184
[ ] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.


[ ] That was a fine looking lady that escorted you here… Perhaps some investigation is in order? And what about that paper she gave you? The hell does it say?
>> No. 139287
Voting closed, it's obvious what won (sorry Alice lovers!). I planned on having an update out tonight, but the slow progress of writing mostly due to IRC shenanigans has delayed it to tomorrow.
>> No. 139312
I am sad. Alice needs more love.
>> No. 139337
File 13022377976.jpg - (162.19KB , 568x600 , PMiSS_humanvillage.jpg ) [iqdb]
139337
Alright so after an extensive (read as: One attempt with IRC assistance) study, I have deduced that the deletion option hates me, and doesn't work on any of my browsers (Chrome & Firefox), thus you may expect errors from time to time. I apologize.

I also apologize because this update has been proofread by no-one but myself, and I want to push it out tonight so it may contain some errors! Please point out anything glaring, and feel free to give me feedback on IRC. It is appreciated.

--------------------

[X] First things first. That hand of yours needs to be looked at, who knows what kind of crazy infections you could get leaving a burn untreated for any longer?

[X] Sounds like she’s the real power around here. Better spill the beans about that “fairy” girl before they find the body… or whatever’s left of it.

“Well, my hand is kind of…”

You lift up your right hand, clearly a dark red now. The injury is obvious, her reaction is not. She drops to her knees, grabbing your arm by the wrist and examining it. You try to pull your arm back out of surprise, but she keeps a firm grip on it. She talks as she examines it,

“Does it hurt when I do this?”

Keine touches your thumb, squeezing it a bit.

“Ahh, no… just when yo- HURGHHHHHHHH

Keine gets the point.

“Ah, sorry! Can’t bend your fingers, then?”

You reply as you wipe tears from your eyes with your left hand,

“No, no. And I don’t think I or you should try.”

“Well…”

She twists one of your fingers again, very slowly, waiting for you to wince. When you finally do she makes a dental click, signaling her disapproval. That can’t be good…

“Doesn’t seem like you have a lot of feeling in your hand. Must be a more serious burn than it looks… Damnit, how’d you manage this?”

A dozen excuses come up in your head. Boating accident? Rugburn from a vigorous Friday night? The misadventures of your kitchen’s frying pans (and why you subsequently switched to a surface cooker)?

Well, none of those seem like particularly good lies. And you don’t particularly feel like getting fact-checked in case they don’t believe you. You bite your lip and decide to spill your story, including how you got here. Goddamn, if you see men in white suits come in… Well, that’d be the sanest thing you saw since you got here.

“Well I…” Ahem, you cough, clearing your throat, “I got it while I was attempting to escape from the situation I found myself in.”

You regale the story of your survival to her, not skimping on the details. You make it very, very clear that it was the monster thing that tore apart the poor girl’s body, and that while you landed on her, you did try to help. Still, you think it better not to concentrate on the “possibly killed a little girl” part, so you hurry on to the rest of the story.

Keine interrupts you as you tell how you actually got the burn, by warding off the creature with “great courage and fortitude”, or some bullshit along those lines. Damn, you need to stop boasting to pretty women.

“Oda, go get Eirin and Reimu. Go with two others and a lantern, be quick.

“Eh? For this shrimp? I mean no offense guy, but you kind’a scrawny, he really isn’t worth the effort…”

She turns around and glares at the man (Oda, apparently. You’ll have to keep that in mind), who gets the picture and grumbles as he walks out. Keine turns back around to you and tells you to continue. You recount how the thing ripped a tree out of the ground (Presumably. Where the hell else would it get one?) and tried to drop it on you, before Alice showed up and saved you.

Keine lets out a held-up breath as you tell how you got to the walls of this village, and finally puts her two cents in, moving her hands and illustrating as she speaks. You think she must do this a lot, perhaps with children? You do appear to be in a schoolhouse…

“Well I’m glad to see that you’re not stupid! We’ve had humans come through before, and they’re usually completely lost as to what to do. Although I have to say…”

You lean forward, curious as to what she will say. You think she’s leaning closer, but before you know it she’s damn well headbutted you, knocking you completely out of your chair and on to your ass and back.

Don’t build a fire in the Forest of Magic! It’s a really, really, fucking stupid idea!”

You yell back from your position on the floor.

“How was I supposed to know?! And why’s it such a bad idea!?”

The two of you are interrupted by the door opening and a woman clad in a white lab coat (What the hell? That’s definitely modern.) and a blue hat with a red cross on it. Thank fucking goodness.

“Stop harassing the patients, Keine.”

Keine crosses her arms and blushes slightly in what you think might be a pout.

“I was just reprimanding him! That’s all.”

The new woman (A nurse, perhaps?) helps you off the floor back on to your seat. She bends down and looks you over intently. A bit embarrassing, but she must be a medical professional.

Keine continues to talk to you as the woman pokes and prods you.

“Don’t worry about the girl, by the way. From what you said it sounds like she was just a fairy. They’re not my responsibility, and they’re nigh-unkillable anyway. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was already up and walking around in the forest.”

She seems pretty sure about this fairy business. But if she says it’s okay… Hell, you won’t complain.

Another woman pops into the doorway. Wearing suspenders and with long violet hair, she looks decidedly bored with the whole situation.

“Mind if I get the hell out of here now, Keine? I don’t appreciate having to wake up in the middle of the night, y’know?”

The nurse attending to you doesn’t bother to wait for Keine to respond, she turns your hand over with her left, and waves her off with her right.

“Yes yes, you can leave. I can make it back on my own.”

The girl in the doorway nods and waves to Keine before stepping out,

“See ya tomorrow, Keine!”

Keine nods back at her, and goes back to watching the nurse examine you. She asks a few questions while poking and prodding your hand, turning it over, and generally causing you a lot of pain and frustration.

“How did you get this burn, exactly?”

Damnit, the pretty nurse has to ask about this embarrassing injury too? Figures.

“Well… I was holding a burning stick for a good 30 seconds to a minute.”

She expresses her disapproval with a grunt and a rude handling of your ring finger. Damn it, as if it didn’t hurt enough. She abruptly stops and stands up.

“Well, it’s not particularly bad. Second degree burn I’d say. Going to need bandages and ointment for the next few days, but you should be fine unless a major infection sets in.”

Infection? Ointment? This place is positively old-fashioned, how the hell would they even know or have access to such knowledge and treatments? Maybe it’s some sort of crazy re-enactment town for on-site movie filming or something? Argh, your head is really cloudy if you’re thinking of explanations like that. You need rest.

The woman steps out and grabs a bag from outside the doorway, presumably of medical supplies. She pulls out the ointment (in a metal tube no less), some medical bandages, and a notepad. She only keeps the notepad in her hands.

“Before we start, what year was it when you last remember being in your world?”

“Uh… 2011? What does that have to do with my hand?”

She scribbles furiously, ignoring you.

“Good, good! That’s consistent with the 3-year flux the border has been experiencing! Now tell me, who won the 45th superbowl? The 2010 election? How is stem cell research going among the humans nowadays? And the Middle East?...”

Your mind absolutely drones out this woman. She went from your burned hand to scientific and cultural achievements from the last year somehow. You’re not quite sure how, but this woman is clearly a little out of it. Despite yourself, you open your jaw and tilt your head, giving the woman a really odd look.

Keine finally realizes the fact that you are completely spacing out and Eirin is just droning on and on about stupid shit (The application of Freudian psychology now). She claps her hands together next to Eirin’s ears.

“Just treat the fucking guy so we can all go back to sleep!”

“Fine, fine!”

She mutters under her breath as she bends down again with ointment in hand,

“Nobody appreciates science around here! Tch…”

She applies the ointment to your hand. At first it stings a bit as she rubs it in, but the cooling sensation of the ointment overwhelms it, eventually culminating in numbness. She then begins to wrap your hand in a bandage, talking while doing it.

“You’ll need to change this bandage every day. I’ll send my assistant tomorrow and the day after, but I cannot spare her every day, understand?”

You nod in understanding. You don’t plan to stay that long, but if the hand requires a medical stay, it shouldn’t be terrible. She said it was a second degree burn, so you could lose a day of treatment whenever you leave and come off okay.

The nurse introduces herself as “Eirin” and replaces everything into the bag. She mentions something about having to get back to her mistress and heads out, reminding you that her assistant will be by tomorrow to make sure you’re getting along okay.

Keine hovers in the doorway ready to step out.

“Now where the hell is Reimu?”

The answer is a crash outside the door. Keine looks alarmed, and peaks out. A girl in a red dress with detached sleeves and some very messy hair brushes past her. She carries a large wooden wand (gohei), the kind you recognize from bad Hollywood makes of samurai movies.

She bends down, looking right into your eyes and squinting as if trying to see something. She leans awfully close and keeps swaying back and forth as if she’d collapse any moment. The overpowering smell of alcohol reeks from her.

Suddenly she staggers back and raises the stick over her head. Slurring her words, she cries out,

“Reh-punt!” (Repent!)

And with that, she whacks you over the head with it. Your skull hurts like a bitch and you yell out as you crouch, sliding out of the chair and trying to get away from the drunk, crazy woman.

“What the fuck was that f- *THWACK* Stop it! *THWACK* Stop fucking hitting me!

She keeps trying to hit you, chasing you around one of the desks while hitting at your arms and head with the thing. She’s not swinging very hard, but damn it hurts!

It pisses you off enough to make you grab for the thing. She tries to pull it out of your hand, but her inebriated state is no match for you. She stumbles backwards while trying to pull it, and you go forward, half-tackling, half-pushing her down.

You end up on top of her, your faces inches apart. She’s breathing heavy right into your face, and despite the smell of alcohol, being this close means you can now smell her very womanly scent. She must wear perfume. You blink a few times, staring at her face and realize she must be very young. She has a sort of half-grin on her face. Was she just playing?

You’re interrupted by a foot softly knocking you in the side of the ribs.

“Alright you two idiots. Get the hell up. Reimu, you’re too drunk to go back to the shrine on your own, guess you’ll have to stay at my house.”

You roll off the girl (Reimu) and Keine helps you up before practically picking Reimu off the floor. She wraps reimu’s arm around her shoulder and starts to help her walk out.

“I got to put this stupid drunk away. I’ll bring you back a bedroll so you can sleep, ‘kay?”

You nod a reply, although Keine can’t see it since her back is turned to you. Reimu complains as she’s dragged off,

“Ey he’s not got an evil spirate in him, yuu don’t need to take mes away, come on Cane…”

You let a sigh escape from your lips as you sit down. A bedroll, she said. You definitely need the sleep, this day has been crazy.

Allowing yourself to relax, your head slips back… right into a very soft object. Squishy. Squishy is the best way to describe it.

You re-open your eyes and find yourself staring up at an older woman. Your head is in her breasts.

You slam the chair legs forward back on to the ground, before practically jumping out of it. You put your hands up trying to keep them in view (as if you’d use them for inappropriate adventures such as groping!),

“S-Sorry! I didn’t know you were there!”

Speaking of which, how did she get there? The only exit to the room is the door Keine left through, and that’s been closed the entire time. You then realize only half of her is here. Her upper body is suspended from what seems to be a tear in reality, a thousand eyes staring from the void.

Your mind rationalizes what this is. It’s a portal of some kind, transcending the third dimension. Something like that must be how you got here, but the concept is only a physics hypothesis! Something like that could destroy existences very easily, and you take a step back from the woman who seems to be leisurely sitting in it.

She notices your fear, and smiles. She holds a small hand-held fan up to her face, choosing to cover her mouth’s expressions with it.

“Ah, don’t worry. I generally don’t hurt humans!”

Generally? Humans? Fuck that. You take another step back.

“Oh fine! Be that way.”

She ducks back into the portal thing, and it disappears. What? What the fuck was that?

The feeling of two breasts (again!) on your back, and arms wrapping around your neck before snaking down your chest, tells you that she’s not done. You don’t know how she got behind you, but it probably has something to do with that portal. You can feel her rest her chin against your right shoulder. Whispering softly into your ear, she… threatens you?

“Don’t worry…” She breathes softly against your ear, making the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, “I have other ways to persuade you.”

You reply by phrasing a question,

“Who are you, and what do you want with me?”

“Yukari~.” She rubs her hand over your chest. What the hell is she doing?

“I’d just like to welcome you to Gensokyo, you know, get to knoooow you~. Do you plan on staying, perchance?”

Shit, this might be a trick question.

“Definitely leaning towards no.”

“Aww, that’s too bad. I’m responsible for everyone coming in and out of Gensokyo, you know?”

She sure does like saying that. And you don’t know. Maybe you should ask?


Choose one option, plus one sub-option in the category that you pick. One. Not two, certainly not three, and four is just wholly unacceptable. Alternatively, a write-in is fine (as always).

[ ] Gensokyo Gensokyo Gensokyo. You keep hearing this name, but you’ve never heard of the place. I think it’s time to find out what country you’re in.
[ ] And what’s with this village? It’s… ancient! But the doctor/nurse seemed well equipped (In more ways then one, if you know what I mean)?
[ ] Better find out about the local customs. The US isn’t too keen about allowing visitors from a few third-world places, especially without proper papers. Crazy hats, costumes, and the mention of a shrine also make you think this might be some sort of religious cult.
[ ] Didn’t Keine say “Forest of Magic” earlier? And what was with the vine monster? And the walls and (incompetent) guards? Why are those necessary? If death is as easy around here as it seems, you want to be better informed.

[ ] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously….
[ ] Ask about the doll girl! You’re still curious what her note says…
[ ] Remember the crazy hat? Yeah, you’re still curious. (Keine option)
[ ] The hell was with the drunk girl, Reimu? Why was she called? All she seems to have done was hurt you a bit and succeeded in flustering you.
[ ] Nurses. Do I need to say more?
[ ] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.

[ ] This bitch is cramping your style. You need to sleep!
[ ] Ask her to leave politely.
[ ] Ask her to leave in a not-so-polite-get-out and/or smash-face-in way.


If for some reason the vote formatting doesn't work AGAIN (because it hates my spacing), the top of each part is the "main option" and everything underneath is "sub-options".
>> No. 139338
[x] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously….
-[x] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.
>> No. 139339
What a clusterfuck.
>> No. 139340
[X] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously….
[X] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.

Yukari route go!
>> No. 139341
[x] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously….
-[x] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.
>> No. 139343
[X] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously…
-[X] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.

>it hates my spacing
Use hyphens for spacing. Whitespace at the begining of a paragraph is trimmed.

>>139312
What, the All-Alice-Uké Festival wasn't enough Alice love?
>> No. 139345
> Yukari
> Succumus

wat

[X] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously...
-[X] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.
>> No. 139346
>>139345

1) Succubus
2) His point of view. He's guessing. I am well aware there is only one succubus in Gensokyo (Koakuma~)
>> No. 139348
[X] Gensokyo Gensokyo Gensokyo. You keep hearing this name, but you’ve never heard of the place. I think it’s time to find out what country you’re in.
-[X] And what’s with this village? It’s… ancient! But the doctor/nurse seemed well equipped (In more ways then one, if you know what I mean)?

I wonder what kind of BS would Yukari sell to him to keep him here voluntary...
>> No. 139349
[x] Gensokyo, Gensokyo, Gensokyo. You keep hearing this name, but you’ve never heard of the place. I think it’s time to find out what country you’re in.
-[x] And what’s with this village? It’s… ancient! But the doctor/nurse seemed well equipped (In more ways then one, if you know what I mean)?

A genius is fine, too.
>> No. 139350
[X] Gensokyo Gensokyo Gensokyo. You keep hearing this name, but you’ve never heard of the place. I think it’s time to find out what country you’re in.
[X] And what’s with this village? It’s… ancient! But the doctor/nurse seemed well equipped (In more ways then one, if you know what I mean)?

Learning time.
>> No. 139355
[x] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously...
-[x] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.
>> No. 139368
[X] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously…
-[X] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.

For better or worse, the matter at hand.
>> No. 139381
File 130232315618.jpg - (75.21KB , 480x640 , 3f5b356dd34298e486056182dd737875.jpg ) [iqdb]
139381
>>139368

>Yukari
>Better

Voting closed.
>> No. 139383
>>139381

Yukari route?
>> No. 139387
>>139383
Nah. Uni students are too boring.
>> No. 139398
File 130233720333.gif - (66.98KB , 264x224 , 7dce5ec40fd2636e49b9c1874ff2d1c4.gif ) [iqdb]
139398
>>139345
>>139355
Votespam. Don't do it again. This is your only warning.
>> No. 139462
File 130240022816.png - (273.77KB , 1121x1600 , touhou-yuushin-015.png ) [iqdb]
139462
>>139381
Yukari is fine too.

Especialy if she shows gratitude and consideration.
>> No. 139469
>>139462
>Yukari
>gratitude
>consideration
Only in crazy fanon.

Oh. Well, then.
>> No. 139470
>>139469
The same could be said of Yukari completely lacking such things.
>> No. 139487
File 130247208788.jpg - (571.88KB , 1600x1200 , 12940786747.jpg ) [iqdb]
139487
[X] What is with these crazy people? Crazy hats, drunks, a woman and her dolls, and a dimension-shifting succubus seem to be the order of the day. Seriously…
-[X] There is a teleporting, dimension shifting seductress who is teasing you badly now. This is the most important thing you can think of.

“No, actually I don’t! Why don’t you tell me all about it?”

“Oh well I made the border of Gensokyo! And I am the greatest youkai in the land, sooo it’s just natural that I’m in charge!”

You try to inch away as she breaks into a full-blown rant, but she hugs you tightly back towards her and starts swaying left and right.

“So I say Hi to everyone coming across the border, make sure they’re well acquainted, maybe rope one or two of them into staying with me… Ran does love guests, you know! Barely gets out between having to check the border and all that, poor thing! Hey, you sure you don’t want to stick around? My pets know that I convey my gratitude every night…”

Gratitude? Heck yeah. Pets? Heck no.

“No no, I really would like to get out of here…”

You laugh nervously like it’s a joke, trying to pull away from this damned woman again.

You don’t get far, she pulls you back, but roughly this time. She grabs your chin with one hand and forces you to look at her. She looks completely serious this time.

“Are you planning on staying or not?”

You’re not sure how to respond, you want to get back home, but… Ok yeah you just remembered the dead “fairy” girl and the vine monster. You want to go back home, damn the wonders of this world. Still, this woman seems rather hostile about you leaving, better deflect the question,

“Is there a reason for me to stay?”

She smiles warmly,

“Of course! Gensokyo is full of women, if you haven’t noticed! They don’t bite! Ok well, they do! But only when you piss them off! You could uh...”

She pauses, trying to think what other incentives a young male human from another world would jump at and inadvertently releases your chin from her grasp,

“You could bag that miko and settle down, propagate the line, you know! I’ll put in a good word with her!”

Is she trying to hook you up? This conversation went from bizarre to straight up creepy real quick. You’re still not sure what exactly she’s talking about, though.

“Miko?”

“Oh yes, yes! The shrine maiden! Reimu, remember, you met her?”

Oh. The drunk. Great.

“Ah, right, her… She seemed pretty live-“

Then the implications hit you. You roar in indignation, breaking free from her grasp and pointing accusatorily at her,

“You were spying on me?!”

She cocks her head, looking at you like that’s a completely unreasonable reaction.

“Well! Yes. No? It’s not like it matters!”

Okay. So she’s an insane, teleporting, stalking seductress. Fantastic. You’re not sure whether this should be considered flattery or creeping.

“Who the hell are you to stalk me? You’re referring to people as pets, trying to get me to fuck that drunk woman that came through here earlier!? I mean, what the fuck’s wrong with you? You just- mmmf!”

She silences you, putting her finger against your lips.

“Calm down. I was just checking up on you, making sure you weren’t going to die on anything, okay?”

She looks back, either towards the portal or past it, you do not know.

“Whoops, time to go! Don’t die now, okay? Kay~!”

She disappears back into her portal, leaving you standing there with a stupid look on your face when Keine opens the door.

“Is there a problem?...”

You shake your head no and throw your hands up in the air,

“Nope! No problem! I’m just clinically insane, don’t worry about it!”

You allow yourself to collapse back on to the chair, rubbing your temples in frustration.

“Eh… okay?”

She looks uncertain for a moment, then hands you the bundled bedroll. You let it rest on your legs as you try to decide just what the hell is going on. Keine rests her hand on your shoulder.

“Listen… I know how this will sound, but this is completely normal. Humans arriving in Gensokyo often find the experience traumatic, even bizarre. You just have to understand that this is how things work around here, and go with the flow.”

“Right…”

You return to rubbing your temples. This is frustrating, you’re so completely out of it. You don’t even notice Keine turning to leave.

“Good night.”

Huh? You look up, and Keine’s already closing the door and leaving. Shit, you’ve been impolite. You spring to your feet, sending the bedroll rolling away, and reach the door in two quick strides. Throwing it open, you shout down the hallway after her,

“Hey! Hey wait!”

She turns around,

“Is there something you needed?”

You start out a little weak, but you rebound with confidence,

“Yeah I just… I wanted to say… Thanks. Thank you, seriously.”

This makes her beam. She smiles warmly as she recognizes your politeness,

“You’re welcome. Sleep well.”

You watch her walk away, dress swaying, little frills on her shoes bouncing. Maybe Yukari was right about the women around here…

There are more important things to do. You close the door, retrieve your bedroll, and spread it out in the middle of the classroom between two aisles of desks. This won’t be the most comfortable arrangement, but it’s all you got, and it was free and given generously. It will do.

Your mind slips into the unconscious. You dream.

[ ] Your sleep goes well! A nice dream, a good feeling in the morning, no problem, baby!

[ ] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.
>> No. 139488
[x] Your sleep goes well! A nice dream, a good feeling in the morning, no problem, baby!
Since I'm going to sleep now too...
>> No. 139489
[x] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.
>> No. 139491
[x] Your sleep goes well! A nice dream, a good feeling in the morning, no problem, baby!
>> No. 139492
[x] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.

I would like to know more.
>> No. 139497
[x] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.

Bed to futon is never an easy transition.
>> No. 139503
[x] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.
The most interesting option
>> No. 139505
>>139503
You mean most cliched, and most of the time it ends up leaving far more answers than questions.
>> No. 139508
[X] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.
>> No. 139514
[x] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.
>> No. 139519
[x] Your sleep goes well! A nice dream, a good feeling in the morning, no problem, baby!

Not getting enough sleep is shitty. We need to be prepared for the coming day.
>> No. 139521
>>139492
>>139497
>>139508
>>139514
>>139489

You do know nothing's actually going to happen right? We're just going to wake up a grumpy, messy haired guy who had a terrible night's sleep.
>> No. 139537
>>139521
>You do know nothing's actually going to happen right? We're just going to wake up a grumpy, messy haired guy who had a terrible night's sleep.

Maybe. But there's a chance we'll see the dreams that 'turn sour'.

[x] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.
>> No. 139538
File 130254964445.jpg - (1.16MB , 1378x966 , 8c20f785ecd80a4b67fd3f8eeee8bf320ec56d49.jpg ) [iqdb]
139538
[ ] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.
>> No. 139540
Calling it for the sleep not going well. We'll see where that takes us...

Also I have a short story/CYOA (unrelated to this) up in /others/, should you all wish to check it out.
>> No. 139543
>>139540
Voting closed? I was going to vote for
[x] Your sleep goes well!
not that would change winner it seems. Anons like their characters traumatized to the max.

Terrible day, terrible night and it will end like that Tengu genocide you unleashed...
>>33441
>> No. 139544
>>139543
Nah they're just addicted to shit like trying to have bad dreams as hints to the future when they're rarely ever useful.
>> No. 139617
File 130277834735.png - (24.21KB , 514x885 , suwamsp.png ) [iqdb]
139617
Image completely unrelated. No, I didn't draw it, but I do know the artist.

------------------------

[X] Your sleep does not go well. You toss and turn, waking up several times throughout the night. Something is bothering you, but you don’t know what. Your dreams turn sour.

Eggs. You can smell those delicious babies invading your nostrils.

…When did you get eggs? You look around. Hey, it’s your kitchen! Little blurry, but that’s probably just your eyes recovering from a several hour long hallucination!

Wait, when did you get back into your kitchen and making eggs? (You look down.) …And naked?

Whatever. You can roll with this.

Doing a little dance, shaking a little ass, a spin! Aww yeah, you are getting down. You point at the timer built into the stove and snap your fingers right as it goes off. Damn, you’re good.

The eggs get shoveled onto a waiting plate (Hm… don’t remember taking that out.) and set to the side. You grab a rag and wipe down your stovetop, pushing all the greases into the filter, to be emptied later.

Mmmm… oh yeah. Bent over slightly, rubbing down a machine. Your milkshake brings all the boys college women to the yard. Or as it would be in your case, bedroom.

You are brought out of your thoughts by the sound of your (second?) breakfast smashing into the ground. Ah, shit! It’s all over the floor! (…How the heck did it fall from a flat surface?)

Ah well damn. For now, your dancing and flamboyant ass shaking are called off as you crouch down to pick up the pieces of the plate.

Your legs wobble as you get down to crouching level. Woah, what was that? An earthquake? In New England? Doubtful.

You steady yourself on the stove, holding on to the handle in front, waiting for another… whatever the hell that was. The remnants of the plate (and your eggs!) sliding across the floor tells you something’s not quite right here. The room shakes as cabinets rattle open and things come loose, objects sliding past you as the entire room lists.

Within seconds, you’re holding on to the stove for dear life as gravity flips completely, your legs dangling towards the door and a collection of miscellaneous shit quickly piling up on it.

“Oh shiiiiiiit!

You try to pull yourself up, muscles straining against the weight of gravity. Grasping the top of the stove, you look up. One of your lamps is hanging, suspended only by its electric cord. The cord gives way against the forces on it.

“Ah… fuck.”

The lamp impacts your head, knocking you off the stove and down towards the door. You smash through; personal belongings, books, notes, trash, and reminders of your old life all around you. You fall. Fall into oblivion.



You nearly jump out of bed in fright. You automatically scan the room, heart racing.

Nothing has changed. The room is dark, almost pitch black, with several rows of desks still in their normal arrangement. You get up from your bedroll, knocking your messenger bag over from where it was sitting, but you don’t care. Your legs quickly close the distance to the door, and you throw it open, letting cool air flow in from the rest of the building. Damn, a place like this probably doesn’t have windows… Might as well keep the door open to let the cool air in.

You return to your bedroll, running your hands through your hair as the cool air and logic takes over. Your heart beat lowers back down to reasonable levels, and you let yourself breathe in and out a few times before laying down again.



You’re in the corridor outside. How did you get here? Was it… did you walk in? Did you walk out? Well that’s okay, you’re going back to sleep now… Door’s pushed aside and… Hey! Someone’s sleeping on your bedroll! That prick!

…He looks a lot like you! What the heck?

Jesus fuck that’s definitely you. How are you there? How are you here? What the hell is in your hand? What? Why are you raising it above your unconscious body? Stop! Stop!


You jolt awake again, eyes flipping to the left and right. Light. Sweet daylight. You’re covered in cold sweat, was that dream worse than the first one? Argh… what the hell’s up with your subconscious?

You hear the door sliding open, and feel a gust of wind hit you from its direction. You turn to see Keine (in what looks to be the same dress!) looking for you on the floor.

“Oh! You’re already awake! Good. Now I don’t want to be pushy, but I do need you out of here before I hold my classes.”

Rubbing the tiredness out of your eyes, you slide out of your bedroll and stand up.

“What time is it?”

“Uhh… sunrise?”

Right. Clocks would probably be an extravagance around here. You snatch up your messenger bag onto your shoulder. A morning routine isn’t difficult for you…

“What do you want me to do with the bedroll?”

“Just leave it there, I’ll get it.”

…but food would be nice. And a drink. All that sweat must’ve dehydrated you a bit, and considering the hospitality thus far, a drink shouldn’t be out of the question.

“Before I get out of here, could I get a drink perchance?”

“Sure, pack up that bedroll then, please.”

Fair enough. You roll up the bedroll as Keine steps back out, folding the bedroll back into its compact shape. You improvise it as a seat before Keine comes back with a cup in her hands.

“Here, drink this.”

You accept it from her and hold it to your lips. Lukewarm. Oh well.

Mmm… On second thought, herbal tea. Not bad. You finish it in just a few sips, as the cup is rather small. Keine takes the cup and sets it on a desk when you’re done.

“Thank you once again.”

“You’re welcome, oh and…”

She digs into a pocket hidden at about waist line in her dress, pulling out two bills,

“Here’s 2000 yen. I’m sure you’re hungry as well! I don’t have anything for you, so you’ll have to get something to eat in the village.”

Woo! 2000 yen! …How much is that in USD? Ah well, better be polite about it.

“Oh no, no… I can’t take your money.”

She rolls her eyes,

“Yeah, you and everyone else.”

She hands it to you and continues,

“Just don’t cause any trouble, and you’ll be worth every yen. You can start not causing trouble by getting out of my classroom!”

Hehe, time to go. You nod in thanks and start to walk away, but she stops and calls you back,

“One last thing! If you see that damn crow reporter… don’t talk to her. Those tengu love to cause issues.”

Reporter? Well, that might be interesting.

“Thanks again!”

You wave to her as you leave the room, heading down the corridor and onto the building’s entrance’s stairs. The sun is shining, people are about, and it’s (a bit too) warm outside.

Ah shit, you can see someone with a notepad and pen pestering people coming out of their homes. If it looks like a reporter, sounds like a reporter…

What to do, what to do…


[ ] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.

[ ] A reporter might be able to answer a few questions… and if you could get word back to your university, they won’t flunk you! Sounds like a deal to me.

[ ] Neither! Screw the reporter, and more importantly, screw the village! Survival rates are (probably) massively increased during the day around here, so there’s no reason not to get out of here!
>> No. 139619
[x] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.
>> No. 139621
>if you could get word back to your university
He should realize how silly this is by now.

[x] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.
>> No. 139623
[x] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.
He kinda needs to find a place to work and sleep.
>> No. 139625
[X] A reporter might be able to answer a few questions… and if you could get word back to your university, they won’t flunk you! Sounds like a deal to me.

What's a second headbut between friends?

>>139617
Hands are good. Not ZUN.
>> No. 139630
[x] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.

That bad dream brought about absolutely nothing of note... as expected.
>> No. 139633
[X] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.

>>139632
Wrong thread.
>> No. 139637
[x] Neither! Screw the reporter, and more importantly, screw the village! Survival rates are (probably) massively increased during the day around here, so there’s no reason not to get out of here!
Come on anon be a bit more adventurous! Bring some joy into your life!
>> No. 139639
>>139637
Yeah, some Youkai needs lunch and who better than an outsider to be it?
>> No. 139652
[x] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.
>> No. 139653
[x] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.
>> No. 139728
Calling votes for not talking to Aya...
>> No. 139733
>>139728
Like that would stop Aya from talking to us...
Story get.
>> No. 139756
File 130316796956.jpg - (214.55KB , 600x600 , 09d96a062cdc6def014ca88d22b2da92.jpg ) [iqdb]
139756
[X] Keine did say not to talk to her! Better go around the back and see the rest of this village.

Oh no… You aren’t going to piss off Keine or get headbutted again. Nope, you’ve got a bit more mannerisms than that.

A quick left turn off the stairs sends you towards the rear side of the (presumed) schoolhouse. You can hear someone behind you being a bit louder than normal, and feel eyes staring at you. Uh-oh. You increase your pace, walking quickly away from the stairs, but she seems to have already noticed you.

“Hey! Hey outsider! Wait up, I just want to ask a few questions!”

Something about the way she tells you to wait makes you suspect she’s the kind of reporter that just loves to get dirt on others. A paparazzi, essentially. Well you’ll have none of that!

You break into a quick jog, finally reaching the end of the schoolhouse and making another left to round it. You hear something akin to a bullet whiz by, and several shutter clicks. Christ, it is the paparazzi!

Shielding your head and face with your messenger bag in your left hand, you deftly keep it above your head as you run out of the school yard, hopping a low fence and getting to the cover of several buildings. You think you lost her for a second before she pops out from a low wall and starts snapping pictures.

You spin around, running off in the other direction as she hops over the wall in pursuit. Trying to lose her, you duck to the right into an alley… and a dead end.

Shit! Door on the left! Force it! Wait, fuck, it’s one of those doors! Gah! You jingle the door handle with your right hand, but it’s difficult to open with that bandage on it. Fucking… You release your messenger bag and feverishly twist it with your left, finally giving way. You slam the door on the other side and press your back up against it.

Phew… safe at last. Except for those people staring at you. Oh right, door. Occupied. Shit.

“What the hell are you doing in my shop?”

A quick appraisal makes you doubt your chances of stopping him from ejecting you by force, because he’s something like six feet tall with rippling, tanned muscles. Eep. A woman looks at you from where she’s kneading dough, and the man stands behind a counter at the front.

“Well I was just… Look, there’s a frickin’ reporter out there who really wants to talk to me, okay?”

“Eh?! The crow tengu?”

Hey, that sounds familiar.

“Yeah?... Keine called her that!”

Oh geez, he looks pissed now! He crosses to you in two mighty strides, and pushes you out of the way, dropping a bar into place on the door. He turns back to you quickly as the knocking begins.

“Here, give me this.”

Without waiting for your response, he takes your bag off you and throws it into a cupboard. He pulls an apron out and tosses it to you.

“Put that on. Natalie, the counter please.”

The woman nods, stops kneading, and goes over to where the man was standing a moment before. The man urges you on,

“Get over there, knead the bread!”

You’ve never made bread in your life!

“I don’t know how to knead bread!”

“It doesn’t matter! Just make it look like you know what you’re doing!”

You hurry over and throw on the apron, smashing your hands into the dough and wiggling them around. Here’s to hoping you don’t look as incompetent as you are!

The man releases the bar, incessant knocking still going. He opens it to a black haired woman with a camera strapped around her neck, but in her hands. She immediately rolls off a rant,

“Hello! I’m honest tengu reporter Aya Shameimaru here to report on your arrival in Gensokyo! I’d just like to ask you a few questions, namely-“

She finally notices she’s not speaking to you. But oh no, that doesn’t shut her up.

“Huh… You’re not him. Where the heck did he go?”

She rudely tries to brush past him, poking her head into the shop and looking around. He grabs her and pushes her back out of the shop.

“Aya, there’s nobody in here like that. Please leave.”

“But I just!..”

She stops, eying you pretend-kneading the dough.

“…Has he always worked here?”

The man steps in front of her,

“Of course. Now please leave.”

She scowls, trying to look past the man at you, but relents. She laughs as she turns around,

“That’s fine! I have enough here to do an article anyway. I’m sure he’ll find me if he wants any corrections made, not that I’d ever get anything wrong in my paper!”

The man waits for her to leave the alley, then closes the door and re-bars it.

“Well I hope ya don’t got a reputation, boy. ‘Cause it’s ruined now.”

You let go of the dough, shaking little bits off your hands. Irritatingly, some of it won’t come off the bandages.

“Is she really that bad?”

He looks at the woman, and they both roll their eyes.

“Yeah, at one point we were apparently baking bread out of youkai babies. As if!”

Their banter is interrupted by the door at the front of the shop opening. The guard from before (Oda, if you remember correctly) enters and starts… counting you?

“Can I help you, Oda?”

He snaps out of his little trance, shaking his head,

“Oh yeah, just needed to see if you were missing anyone.. got a report of a missing child. Little girl, actually. Keine wanted a headcount done, just to make sure.”

The baker looks back at you,

“Nope. We’re up one, actually.”

“Eh?”

He finally notices you,

“Ho, outsider! Sorry, didn’t recognize you in the apron! I see you found the local bakery.”

“Not exactly…”

You briefly regale the tale of trying to escape from that damned reporter, Aya… whatever her name was. Oda seems highly amused by your descriptions of scrambling for safety as she attempted to interview you. Once you’re done, he throws his two cents in,

“Sounds like you got the right idea, but really you don’t need to worry ‘bout Keine… She’d headbuttcha, yeah, but she ain’t gonna be mad or anything if you just talk to that crow tengu.”

He scratches his semi-shaved chin,

“Then again… there’s only one reason to talk to that crow tengu.”

He smirks, and makes a lewd gesture with his hands. Both him and the baker break out into laughter, and the baker reaches over the counter and high-fives him before the woman smacks the back of his head.

“Oh… sorry wife.”

“You should be!”

Oda gives them a wave before turning to leave,

“Alright, have fun you two. I need to go count the rest of the village, make sure nobody’s missin’.”

He opens the door before turning back one last time,

“Hey… outsider. How ‘bout you come along? You could get to see the village, might be good for you.”

Hm. That’s a difficult decision. You do want to see the village, but…


[ ] Go with him! He can be your tour guide! Tour yaaay!

[ ] Nah, you don’t need a tour guide for this. Besides, you don’t want to be weighed down having to check up on everyone on the village. You want to see the rest of the village… not the villagers. They don’t seem very interesting.

[ ] On the other hand… You need to stop a publication.

Also, pick one:

[ ] Secret option 1

[ ] Secret option 2

------------------------

Also, fellow writefag Nobody (that's his name...) has voted for option #3 and #2 (respectively) ahead of time since he still cannot access the site. So I'll be counting +1 to those votes in this thread.
>> No. 139757
[x] Go with him! He can be your tour guide! Tour yaaay!
[x] Secret option 1
>> No. 139761
[X] On the other hand… You need to stop a publication.
[X] Secret option 1

Aya route go!
>> No. 139762
[x] Go with him! He can be your tour guide! Tour yaaay!
[x] Secret option 1

I'd try going after Aya but that's much much easier said that done considering her speed.

And as far as the comments on what guys would want to do with the lovely tengu? Hard to disagree.
>> No. 139764
>>139762


Aya did say that you'd find her if you had any objections to the paper. Then again it's Aya we're talking about here, so take it how you will...
>> No. 139794
[x] Go with him! He can be your tour guide! Tour yaaay!
[x] Secret option 1

Friendly locals
>> No. 139807
[x] Go with him! He can be your tour guide! Tour yaaay!
[x] Secret option 1

Dont see why not.
>> No. 139818
[x] Go with him! He can be your tour guide! Tour yaaay!
[x] Secret option 2
Poor secret option 2... nobody's voting for you
>> No. 139821
[x] On the other hand… You need to stop a publication.
[x] Secret option 2

It's Aya. Need I really say more?
>> No. 139824
[x] Nah, you don’t need a tour guide for this. Besides, you don’t want to be weighed down having to check up on everyone on the village. You want to see the rest of the village… not the villagers. They don’t seem very interesting.

[x]SO 2

>>139818
>Poor secret option 2... nobody's voting for you
People have tendency to choose left over right and odd over even numbers.
Got that info when reading Naruto fic ( http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3948531/1/ )and then browsing wikipedia.
>> No. 139825
>>139824
It was random for me
>> No. 139827
File 130325471322.jpg - (94.07KB , 576x800 , 1204204085268.jpg ) [iqdb]
139827
>>139824
>Naruto fic
No. Get that out of here.
>> No. 139857
File 130330443553.jpg - (439.58KB , 600x800 , 11674573.jpg ) [iqdb]
139857
>>139824
A fanfic isn't a reliable source.
A Naruto fanfic isn't a source of anything.
A fanfiction.net Naruto fanfiction is...
>> No. 139858
>>139857
Nearly as common as an emoticon, but is welcome on this site to an even smaller degree.
>> No. 139868
>>139857
Would a Naruto fanfic that isn't on fanfiction.net be any better?
>> No. 139875
>>139868
No. But FF.net is known as the Pit of Voles for a reason.

Though why "of Voles" specifically, I do not know.
>> No. 139979
File 130363273975.png - (664.12KB , 1024x768 , 4e292601467e2d1c18e5c424c9c5fda9.png ) [iqdb]
139979
4 AM? Easter morning? An update?

Must be Treia.

Image unrelated, included because it's nice.
------------------------
[X] Go with him! He can be your tour guide! Tour yaaay!

-[X] Secret option 1

‘Course you’d love to go with him. First things first, though.

“Could I get a loaf of bread, before I get out of here?”

Your hand goes to your pocket, already taking out the yen. Sure, you’d really like two loaves of bread, but you need something to drink as well, and you’re not sure how far 2000 yen will take you. Oh man, he got out a fresh loaf. And it smells fantastic. He hands your bag back with it.

“No charge, kid. Nobody deserves to be chased by Aya.”

Hey, that works for you! Maybe you can use whatever extra money to get wasted. Or give it back to Keine, seeing as how she’s being incredibly generous. You can decide on that later. For now, Oda’s itchy to get going. He wraps his arm around your neck as you head out the door, loaf in hand.

“So, welcome to Gensokyo. How’ya like our crazy little village?”

“Well it’s… Grr.”

Your hands struggle to unwrap the loaf. It’s just paper wrapping, but the one bandaged hand is giving you shit.

“Here, let me get that for you.”

Oda does you a favor by taking it out of your hands and unwrapping it… before snapping off a piece for himself. God damnit.

“Thanks…”

You bite sullenly into what was supposed to be your loaf of bread. That jerk. No concept of personal property, or just a prick? He seemed nice enough earlier, might as well engage the conversation.

“So… who’s this little girl you’re looking for?”

He slaps you on the back,

“Don’t ya remember?! You’re the one who said she was missin’!”

Huh?! You didn’t report anyone missing… did you? He answers that question for you,

“The little fairy girl, remember! Keine wasn’t sure if you actually saw wings. She said you were kind of out of it, heh. Something about drunk shrine maidens and being more than a little hurt, eh? Hope it was just your pride!”

And he slaps you on the back again. That’s fucking annoying. You mumble something like an “Oh yeah…” out as he starts pointing out things you’re walking past.

“And that’s just Joe, who’s just a normal woodcutter. Gotta make a living somehow! Not that I’m looking down on him, ya see? I alternate shifts on guard duty and woodcutting, but I just can’t do the cutting every day, I’m getting on in years. Anyway I can see him right there on the porch and he lives alone so…”

And on it goes. Houses. Drab, drab houses. Families, singles, couples. Boring. A couple businesses, but nothing of note. A guy who makes tools, a brewer, apparently for the local tavern… Nothing exciting. Anybody Oda can’t see, he checks for. Nobody’s missing.

Sigh, another quaint house… An older woman on the porch, rocking on a chair. Well, at least they got that. Oda waves at her before pulling you along up to her.

“Everything going okay, ol’ missie?”

She just smiles, rocking back and forth. Oda smiles back at her,

“The daughter not missing, is she?”

It takes her a few more rocks before she responds.

“Yes, yes… she’s fine.”

More rocking. Oda smiles, this time just in politeness.

“Well.. we’ll be seeing you, then.”

Whew. Good, you can get out of here. You step back towards the “road” with him, beginning to walk away. There’s this terrible pain in the back of your head.

Subconscious. Screaming, demanding. Its will be done.

Secret Option #1

You turn completely around, and walk back to the woman on her rocking chair.

“Excuse me.. miss? I didn’t get your name.”

She gives you a wide, toothless smile. Oh god that’s creepy.

“It’s Carol, dear. So nice to see an outsider being polite… not at all like the last one.”

The hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Last one? Has this shit happened before?

“Other… one?”

“Oh yes… it’s been so long though. Almost... seventeen years now…”

You wait for her to continue, but she doesn’t. Only the swaying breeze and the sound of her rocking chair reaches your ears. You feel a tap on your back,

“Come on, outsider. I got others to check on and I’m not waiting on you.”

Damnit Oda. You’ll have to follow up on that some other time. You nod politely to Carol and go back to following Oda. Have there been other people that found themselves here? Wouldn’t they have left? So it’s possible? …Or have you just not seen them? You curse your own mind’s narrow thinking. More studying of this world is required, no matter what you choose. To leave, to stay, to integrate.

So many unknowns.

So many answers.

Oh yes, this will be fun.


Oda rudely interrupts your train of thought, grabbing you by the back of the neck and trying to force you into a bow. You swat him off and jump away.

“The hell’s that for?!”

“Bow, idiot!”

A third voice interrupts you,

“Hey now, there’s no need to make the Outsider bow. Rather, I’m pretty sure they find it distasteful.”

You recognize the man’s clothing. Much like Oda’s, it fits form and function perfectly. A hint of Japanese, but suffering nothing in practicality. What’s more surprising is his physical features. Standing at (what you guesstimate) to be six feet, he towers above even you. The rest of the villagers were kind of short (Presumably due to diet), but this guy’s humongous. Sharp blue eyes and his hair slicked back into a ponytail makes you think he’s not your average joe. Maybe that bow would be a good idea right now. Rather, he extends his hand,

“As far as I know, the proper greeting in your world is a… handshake, you call it?”

You take his hand, and he grips firmly back.

“My name is Nakajima. Many of the village folk address me as lord, as I have inherited the title for many generations for as long as anyone can remember, even our resident historians Akyu and Keine; although I believe you met the latter. At least I hope you didn’t get into this village without meeting her or me.”

His eyes glance over to the still bowing Oda. Is that anger you see? Whatever it was, he loses it quick.

“I trust you’ve found the village to your liking. I would prefer to introduce you to the village myself, but it looks like you’re getting around. If you’ll excuse me, I have business…”

He actually bows to you! What the… fuck? Did you gain some respect at some point, or something? Maybe he’s just being a politician. Regardless, he walks past you and Oda remains… bowing. Wimp.

“Is he gone?”

Now it’s your turn, and you give him a nice pat on the back. Nice and hard.

“Yeah yeah, he is. You can stand up straight again.”

“Whew! Thought I was gonna get it, there.”

You roll your eyes as he falls in behind you now. Fitting.

“Why, you do something stupid?”

“Yeah well… I mighta… skipped out on woodcutting duty? Might have. No evidence, of course! Completely innocent! I mean, I was suppooosed to be watching the tree line while they carted some logs in, but they’da only noticed me if I was screaming bloody murder. And there wasn’t no problem, so… It’s all unfounded, really!”

You roll your eyes long enough to bump into someone. Silver is all you see.

“Ah, excuse me.”

Well she’s in a hurry! Already breezed past you. You glimpse at her speedily powerwalking in the opposite direction. Maid outfit… huh? That seems oddly familiar. And out of place. Normally people don’t walk around in maid outfits. Whatever. Crazy dimension-shifting succubae have already visited you, maids would be a nice change towards reality.

You stop in the middle of what seems to be an intersection. A very quaint well complete with rope and bucket is in the middle. Oda immediately heads over to it and draws water, offering you a bit. The only container is a bucket but… ahh what the hell. You press your lips to it and drink, and your throat thanks you immensely for it. It’s lukewarm and tastes like shit, but it is water. Thanks the gods! Oda drinks a bit before lowering the bucket back down.

He slaps you on the back again. Damnit, he really has to stop doing that.

“Alright outsider. I only got one more family to check on then it’s lights out for me. You just do whatever, and don’t get killed.”

He looks around for a second, then leans closer,

“Oh and.. the tavern’s down to the south if you want to grab a drink. Just don’t get too drunk before the sun sets, otherwise the wives won’t be too happy about it, okay?”

You lean against the well as you watch him go, instinctively scratching your bandaged hand. You realize what you’re doing and stop, examining it. Oh boy, the bandages are already pretty ruffled, and there’s little bits of dough and bread caught between them. And you haven’t even finished that loaf off.

[ ] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?

[ ] Tavern? Pure, un-filtered, no legal restriction alcohol? Your college night life calls you.

[ ] On the other hand, you’d love to just sit back and relax here. Maybe go through your things, arrange some stuff. This seems like a watering hole (both literally and metaphorically), who knows who you might meet?

There’s other people about as well… Who knows who you might meet if you choose a different option?

(Cough write-ins cough)
>> No. 139980
[x] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?
>> No. 139981
[x] Tavern? Pure, un-filtered, no legal restriction alcohol? Your college night life calls you.

It's what must be done.
>> No. 139982
[x] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?
afterwords
[x] Tavern? Pure, un-filtered, no legal restriction alcohol? Your college night life calls you.
>> No. 139985
See to our wounds, AND THEN WE DRINK.

FOR TONIGHT, THERE SHALL BE PLOT!
>> No. 139989
[x] On the other hand, you’d love to just sit back and relax here. Maybe go through your things, arrange some stuff. This seems like a watering hole (both literally and metaphorically), who knows who you might meet?
>> No. 139990
File 130364513897.jpg - (289.72KB , 847x968 , 1211521888560.jpg ) [iqdb]
139990
[x] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?

Bunny option is only option.
>> No. 139995
>>139990

This. Fucking this.
>> No. 139996
[x] Tavern? Pure, un-filtered, no legal restriction alcohol? Your college night life calls you.

This should be interesting.
>> No. 139999
[x] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?
afterwords
[x] Tavern? Pure, un-filtered, no legal restriction alcohol? Your college night life calls you.

If I cant choose two, I'm sticking with the former.
>>139990
also this
>> No. 140001
[x] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?
>> No. 140002
File 130366712259.jpg - (114.62KB , 850x508 , sample-35cf013019951e1d0aa35028c6d303c4.jpg ) [iqdb]
140002
I'm not sure my Reisen is exactly what you guys are expecting.
>> No. 140006
[x] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?

Easter egg option.
>> No. 140007
>>140002
Who to say? I mainly choose that option for health reasons.
>> No. 140014
[x] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?
>> No. 140015
[x] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?
>> No. 140019
File 130368389526.jpg - (880.72KB , 800x1078 , 1292958845930.jpg ) [iqdb]
140019
>>140002
I'm expecting bunny ears.
>> No. 140020
>>140019

Of course, it's not Reisen without bunny ears.

That said, I have begun preliminary writing while listening to Sabaton and playing world of tanks, slaughtering inferiors with my glorious KV heavy tank equipped with a 107mm gun. I THINK I'M STARTING THIS ON THE RIGHT FOOT
>> No. 140021
[X] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?
>>140007
Ditto. Amputations (gangrene) are such messy business.
>> No. 140022
>>140019


What a nice taste in weaponry...


Voting closed, Reisen wins. Expect an update tonight or tomorrow.
>> No. 140026
>>140022
>Voting closed, Reisen wins. Expect an update tonight or tomorrow.

Hooray!
>> No. 140036
File 130376743071.jpg - (780.37KB , 1000x676 , 84c3ffa5745c99ed335a727e09e425be.jpg ) [iqdb]
140036
[X] Going to have to do something about that bandage. Didn’t the nurse say her assistant would be along to replace the bandage?

Yeah, you need to get your hand dealt with again. Flicking a few pieces of breadcrumb off, you look around. Nope, nobody looks like a nurse around here.

Fuck, do you even know what her assistant looks like?

God damn it.


Welp, no time to waste! You’ll retrace your steps to the baker, maybe ask him, see what’s up. You’d ask Oda but he’s already out of here. Hmm, maybe Keine would know… Wait, is she doing classes? She did say to get out…

Damnit, you don’t know anyone around here! Going to have to ask someone at random. If you run into anyone that doesn’t look like a damned villager, you’ll be sure to ask the- Speak of the devil…

That dress she’s wearing. Detached sleeves with adornment and with green hair… Hair dye? Manufactured clothing and an eye for appearances, she can’t be from around here! And what the hell is that? Earbuds? She’s got a damned ipod sticking out of her breast pocket!

You stop in front of her, pointing accusatorily and shouting,

“Who the hell are you!? How did you get here!”

She practically jumps out of her shoes, rattling the ipod right out of her pocket and onto the ground, taking her headphones out with it.

“I didn’t do anything! Reimu’s copying me, not the other way around!”

She puts her arms up, half like she’s surrendering, half like she’s trying to defend herself. No mercy! You begin pointing things out, actually pointing at them while yelling about it,

“The clothes! The hair! …The ipod!! Don’t play dumb with me missy, I know you’re not from around here!”

She blinks a few times in confusion,

“I… of course I’m not from around here? What did I do wrong?”

“You’re!.... Not actually from around here?”

Your pointing falters, hand lowering back down to your pocket.

“I… yeah, I mean, everyone knows that? Are you new here?”

Ah, now you look like a dick. Of course she wasn’t from around here, you established that the moment you saw her. Nothing left to do now besides scratch your head and apologize. Both of which you do.

“Wow… sorry about that. I just didn’t expect to see anyone else from Earth. Speaking of which, where exactly are we?”

She frowns in a fawning, almost pitying way,

“Didn’t the schoolteacher fill you in? She usually does…”

Schoolteacher? Guess she means Keine. And hey, she really is a schoolteacher! Figure that.

“Well the circumstances were a little…”

You scratch your chin. How best to put this without mentioning the dead fairy…

“Extraordinary.”

She grins before extending her hand,

“As always. It’s Sanae, by the way. I had just as much trouble when I got here.”

Well she seems to know what’s going on! Even a handshake, she must be from outside. Or above. Or below. Or whichever direction Earth or the USA is. You’re going to have to ask about it sometime. But for now, pleasantries. You shake her hand.

“When did you get here? I mean, is this a common occurrence? I found myself here by complete accident as far as I know, and it was quite surprising for me.”

“Nope, I actually moved here!”

What.

She picks up on the absolutely murderous stare you’re giving her,

“B-But it’s not like I had much of a choice! You can leave any time, anyway!”

You go over and rest your head on the wall of a building. Well, half-resting, half-bashing.

“I don’t know any of this crap!”

You turn around and let your back rest against the wall. Sanae does the same next to you,

“Sorry if I offended you, I’m just used to dealing with people around here... not… normal people.”

“Yeah… whatever.”

That’s enough absurdity for you for one day. You begin to tune her out and scan the people going past, looking for anyone who looks like a nurse’s assistant. Sanae picks up on this.

“Looking for someone?”

“Yeah… except I don’t know who.”

“What? That’s silly, how can you not know who you’re looking for?”

“Look, all I know is that they’re supposed to be a nurse’s assistant…”

“Reisen?”

You shrug.

“Fuck if I know!”

She grabs your hand and halfheartedly pulls you off the wall,

“Look, if it is Reisen, she’d be coming from the bamboo forest. We can go catch her before she starts her rounds in the village. Come on!”

Sigh. Well at least you should be able to find this “Reisen” before you lose her. You let her pull you along towards the edge of the village.

*************************************************

Nope, not a goddamn person in sight. Just bamboo. Lots of bamboo. You rest against a new wall now, the palisade that protects the village. Sanae looks a little nervous. She was probably wrong…

“I-I’m sure she’ll be along any second now…”

You roll your eyes.

“Waste of my time, much?”

She whips around,

“I’m sure she’s just slow, or something!”

You see someone poking their head through a clump of bamboo. She steps through and around the bamboo like she’s following a route, but you don’t see anything, not even a dirt path. Carrying a bag, bunny ears on her head, a dress shirt, and a tie. Oh boy, another crazy. You point her out,

“That her?”

Sanae whips back around and spots her. She whistles at her before cupping her hands next to her mouth and yelling,

“Hey, bunny girl! Got a patient for you!”


*************************************************

Reisen shifts the bag to her left hand and gets a set of two keys out of her skirt pocket. She inserts one of them into the door’s lock, turns, and pushes in. The door gives way effortlessly. A quick flick of her right wrist and the inside (a small, square room with a table on the right with cabinets above it) illuminates with glorious synthetic lighting. She drops the bag onto the table and opens the cabinets. Your bag goes next to her.

“Sit, please.”

You wander over to the table in no particular hurry. Looking up, around, wherever. There’s a normal light switch, and the light’s coming from a covered light bulb that looks like it can be pulled down and maneuvered. Hmm, definitely a medical examination room. Strangely modern though. Reisen pinches your arm.

“Seriously, sit down. This place runs on batteries, so the quicker the better.”

Well sheesh that’s all she had to say. You get up on the table and she pulls out medical bandages from the cabinets.

“Okay, what type of wound is this?”

“Burn.”

“Severity?”

“Uhm… so-so? I’m not a doctor. Hurt like a bitch, though.”

“Okay, let me see your hand.”

You hold up your arm, and she examines your hand. She runs her finger over the top of it, bandages looking quite worn. You hear her mutter something under her breath, but don’t catch it. She turns it over to a splotch of red on your palm. She depresses her finger on it and you can just barely feel the liquid against your hand.

“Then what the hell is this?”

“It’s uhh... blood, I guess?”

She frowns at you, and unwraps the bandage. Your hand is bright red, and the skin’s torn near your palm, little bits of pus and blood oozing out. She instructs you to hold your hand still and reaches for her bag, grabbing something out of it. You almost jump off the table when she turns back around with a scalpel in hand and grabs your wrist in death grip.

“H-Hey! What’s that for?”

She stops, scalpel only a few inches away from your palm.

“Look, I don’t have any other sterile instruments for this purpose. It’s not like I’m cutting your hand open or anything.”

“You’re… not?”

“No, now stop complaining.”

She goes back to her work, bringing her face very close to your hand and poking around the open wound with the scalpel. Thankfully, it doesn’t hurt much despite the intense study she seems to be doing. She sets the scalpel aside.

“Have you been using the hand a lot since it was bandaged?”

Well, let’s see. Shielding yourself from a crazy reporter, trying to jingle open a door, using it to put on an apron… the list goes on.

“Uh… maybe a little bit?”

She gives you a death stare. Were you not supposed to?! Nobody told you!

“Okay… Looks like a ruptured blood vessel plus some minor rug-burn from improperly fitted bandages.”

She rolls her eyes and continues,

“Now I know my master’s a brilliant doctor, so I’ll assume they slipped from a proper position into one that’d cause this. You’re going to need to take antibiotics, hope you have experience swallowing pills unlike some of the villagers. If I have to hold you down and force them down your throat, I’m not going to pull any punches.”

Hold you down? But she’s… she’s not even buff! She couldn’t hold down a full-grown man… right? Regardless, you wave her off,

“No, it won’t be a problem. I’ve taken medicine before.”

“Good.”

She opens the cabinets again and pulls out a bottle with a child-proof cap, two tubes, and a sealed bandage. She unwraps the bandage and applies one of the tube’s contents to it, applying it to the open wound on your palm. She squirts the second tube into her hands and rubs them together.

“Okay, this is going to tickle.”

“Why is- Woah, already? I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to take me out to dinner first.”

You grin, she blushes. She moves her hands around on yours, rubbing the ointment in, but being careful to avoid the bandage in place over your wound. Once satisfied it’s going to take, she lets go and rubs off the remainder of it on a rag from her bag. She re-wraps your bandage, paying careful attention to your fingers. Lastly, she takes a brown, paper bag out from the first bag. Out of it she takes a square object wrapped in paper, and then a glass bottle of water with a cork in the top.

“Hnn…”

Did she say something? She looks longingly at the objects she took out of the paper bag. She picks up and places the bottle next to you, then unscrews the medicine bottle, shakes out two pills, and hands them to your good hand.

“Here, take it.”

Obligingly you pop the pills into your mouth, take the cork out of the water bottle, and chug the whole thing down. She watches to make sure you swallow, then takes the bottle back and starts putting everything away. You slide off the table back onto your feet and wait for her. She finishes, and counts off on her fingers,

“Ok, you got… antiseptic for your hand, antibiotic for any possible infection, ointment for the burn. You should be good, just don’t use the hand too much until it’s healed.”

“Hey, thanks for all this.”

“I just do what I’m told.”

The way she says that makes you look at her. She doesn’t look at you, just puts the last thing into her bag. Did you bring up a touchy subject? She hurries you the door, flicks off the lights, and pulls out her keys to re-lock it.

Sanae greets you with a nod as you step out the door. She was polite enough not to interfere or step into your business, what a good girl.

Reisen turns around, her hip catching the doorframe. You think you hear the clink of metal, but she steps away before you can ask if she’s alright and puts her hand to her hip. She quickly bows,

“Good day. I will be here tomorrow when you need me. Please come back to see me sometime so I may change the bandage.”

She stands erect and turns around. What the hell, is that little fluffy tail? Oh man, that is a little fluffy tail! Is she really a bunny?!

Sanae elbows you in the ribs,

“Whatcha staring at?”

You mumble out a half-assed reply,

“Oh, nothing. Nothing at all.”

“Right well let’s get out of here!”

[ ] We? Calm down honey, you’re my ticket to the doctor, not my shadow. I’m more interested in fluffy bunnies.

[ ] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.

[ ] Nonsense. There’s been enough women running around for you. It’s man time! (Go to the tavern.)

--------------------

And since there was some confusion amongst the proofreaders: That was half of reisen's lunch you drank, you prick.
>> No. 140037
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.
>> No. 140038
File 130376903919.jpg - (389.77KB , 1029x1500 , 88898664c14750c2b8cdab26ee511b75.jpg ) [iqdb]
140038
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.

I really like this Sanae.
>> No. 140039
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.
>> No. 140043
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.

He talks about not knowing anyone, might as well get to know somebody that has invited him to tag along.
>> No. 140046
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.
>> No. 140047
We finally meet the delicious bunny girl and everyone whiplashes over to Sanae.


Fascinating.
>> No. 140048
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.

>>140047

She's helpful. Deal with it.
>> No. 140053
>>140047
Honestly? Sanae's nice and helpful while Reisen came off as rather cold. That and going after Reisen would involve A) Blowing off Sanae and B) going into the bamboo forest.

But with the bandage changing there might be a chance for her to shine.
>> No. 140056
File 130380177711.jpg - (205.27KB , 614x819 , 1303738560681.jpg ) [iqdb]
140056
>>140053


You could always try (And maybe have...) Sanae tag along with you, then tag along with Reisen. Remember write-ins? That said, she's not going back to the bamboo forest for a little bit. Sanae said she was making rounds today, that means going around and checking on all the villagers' medicine concerns, and replacing whatever needs to be replaced.

Just know that trying to split your attention between an eccentric outsider like you and a cold, "damaged goods" bunny might not be the most successful of endeavorers.
>> No. 140057
[X] Nonsense. There’s been enough women running around for you. It’s man time! (Go to the tavern.)
>> No. 140062
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.
>> No. 140067
> a good girl....

I see what you did there.

[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.
>> No. 140070
>>140038
sauce plz

>>140047
Well, I think the main character would prefer either getting boned, getting stoned, or meeting someone who he can actually relate to. I was hoping the first thing, but this isnt /at/ so fuck.
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.
>> No. 140073
[x] We? Calm down honey, you’re my ticket to the doctor, not my shadow. I’m more interested in fluffy bunnies.
It's true. I don't like blowing her off but if it's for Reisen...
>> No. 140083
>>140056
Exactly and at the moment, Sanae is the most helpful option. We can try chiseling away at that shell once we get a better idea of things.
>> No. 140090
[x] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.

>And since there was some confusion amongst the proofreaders: That was half of reisen's lunch you drank, you prick.

Good god I shrudder to think what equals to other half of Reisen lunch if half of it is water.
Nutritious value of 0? Marisas like 'dinner' - mushroms?
Dieting to much or as rabbit does she eat grass.
>> No. 140091
>>140090

It was a sandwich, actually. I say half because... well I'm a stupid bastard who measures things differently. So there.
>> No. 140132
>half of reisen's lunch you drank

indirect kissu!?

[X] We? Calm down honey, you’re my ticket to the doctor, not my shadow. I’m more interested in fluffy bunnies.
>> No. 140162
[x] We? Calm down honey, you’re my ticket to the doctor, not my shadow. I’m more interested in fluffy bunnies.

A clink of metal when her hip hit the door? What, did some shady experiment result in Reisen requiring a prosthetic? I'm concerned.
>> No. 140165
>>140162
Maybe she has a gun?
>> No. 140166
Maybe you should feel her up and see? I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Also voting closed bla blah Sanae wins (you whores.).

Although this does give me an excuse to write up something I've really wanted to include...
>> No. 140168
>>140166
I voted Sanae out of fear. Fear of your Reisen's potentially itchy trigger finger.
>> No. 140177
>>140168
How does treating a burn and giving sound advice on how not to further fuck up your hand instill fear?
>> No. 140180
>>140166
Hey now, there was a legitimate reason to pick Reisen. Certainly, "not wanting to be an amputee"-related reasons.

As for Alice and Yukari... Anon can be fickle like that. Dangerously so, occasionally.
>> No. 140182
>>140168
she didn't strike me as hostile, just cold, and I would rather learn about things around here before making any efforts at breaking through that cold shell... let's see how this turns out. It's early enough that Sanae won't steal the story away. Isn't it sad, Shizuha?
>> No. 140189
Sanae usually does end up being the only sane/likable person in Gensokyo.

Don't get me wrong, I like the other touhous, but a lot of writers tend to exaggerate their personality quirks to the point where even if there was a rout available, nobody would want it.
>> No. 140198
>>140047
We met them both in the space of one update. Sanae is more likeable and more eager to spend time with us. I don't remember voting to marry Reisen, I just wanted to meet her.
>> No. 140219
I meant to have a short update out tonight, but Sanae is proving difficult to characterize on her own...


So instead I committed most of the routes (and what they will entail) to paper and word. Go figure.
>> No. 140224
>>140219
Any bad ends? E.g. Nice boat with 'slap Chen'.
>> No. 140231
>>140219
Her canon personality is basically nice but particularly overexcitable/zealous. She's also fond of quirky hobbies (Super Robot anime and UFOs/Aliens). It's pretty easy to expand upon that.
>> No. 140241
>>140224

You're going to have to explain this one to me.

>>140231

Characterization isn't the right word, I was just having trouble writing Sanae in all her different moods. Happy, sad, nervous, terrified... etc. I think I got it down, now. Update soon, fellow stalkers.
>> No. 140260
>>140241
>Update soon, fellow stalkers.

Hooray!
>> No. 140273
File 130404528066.jpg - (33.82KB , 814x294 , lolwut.jpg ) [iqdb]
140273
Pic totally related
>> No. 140289
File 130406601744.jpg - (138.18KB , 437x600 , 4505160_m.jpg ) [iqdb]
140289
A short update, because... Well because Sanae's a bitch to write, but I think I pulled it off very well.

-------------------------------------


[X] Yeah… might as well. Sanae seems polite, good-natured, and not as insane as some of the people around here. She’s apparently from Earth (or somewhere in its general vicinity) as well, having moved here! She could probably teach you a lot.

You manage to pry your gaze away from the delicious swaying skirt-butt.

“Alright. Where we going, then?”

She expects you to know the area? You give her a look.

“Oh. Right. Well um…”

She looks around, as if looking for something to do,

“Uhh we could.... Have you seen the village yet?”

“Yeah, mostly.”

She raises her thumb to her mouth and starts chewing on her fingernails, whether in nervousness or idleness, you do not know. That’s a nasty habit…

“I’d take you back to the shrine, but it’d take most of the day, and you’d have to stay there over night…”

She looks at you,

“I don’t think you’d be okay with that, would it?”

Is she… inviting you to sleep at her place? She realizes her mistake by the expression you give her, though.

“N-No! I didn’t mean it like that!”

She throws her arms up before burying her face into her hands,

“I just meant you’d have to stay over and, and… ugh, I’m really bad at this...”

What’s up with her? She wasn’t stumbling like this before. She’s thinking too hard. You snap your fingers in front of her face and she looks up from her own little sob story,

“Hey. Stop talking.”

“Wha-? Hey where you going?!”

You keep walking away, ignoring her. She can catch up to you! This’ll keep her from thinking about herself. In addition to leading by foot, you also lead the conversation.

“Just looking around. Getting to know the area.”

She catches up to you, staying just a step behind you to your left.

“I thought you already saw the village?”

“Yes, but do you think I’ve seen much outside the village?”

“Oh? I could totally show you, uhm…”

She claps her hands together like she’s grasping the very idea and wrangling it to fruition.

“There’s that Buddhist’s temple, and Reimu’s shrine… No no, neither of those would work, they don’t appreciate me around there, and Reimu’s a bitch.”

Well… You don’t know about the bitch part, but she sure was drunk. You just confirm what she says.

“Oh wait! There’s that one place, it’s like a… trash… dump… place… thingy.”

You motion with your hand.

“Go on? Why exactly would I be interested in going there?”

“You’re from the outside, aren’t you!?”

Well yes, but that doesn’t mean you enjoy dumpster diving.

“There’s like, stuff that comes through the border! Old, unwanted stuff! …Mostly. Last time I was there I found a toaster!”

She looks down at the ground, as if realizing how stupid that sounds.

“I mean, not like there’s anywhere I can actually use a toaster, but it was really cool…”

Well, apparently you can find things there. And Sanae really seems to like the idea. Maybe you should go? But you don’t know how far it is… Might take a bit to get there, poke around, and come back. Still, might be worth it to find a few interesting knick-knacks.

Go to the “Salvage Field”?

[ ] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.

[ ] Nah, there’s enough crazies running around inside the walls. You got here outside the walls, and it wasn’t the prettiest of experiences. Find something to do inside the village.
>> No. 140290
I should start reading this topic. Saw "delicious swaying skirt-butt" and was immediately hooked. Rest of the update was pretty cool too. Interesting take on Sanae.

[X] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.
>> No. 140292
[X] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.
>> No. 140299
Nice update, definitely!

[x] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.
>> No. 140302
[x] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.
First Sanae I actually like
And I already want a route
>> No. 140306
[+] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.

Good ol' skirt-butt.
>> No. 140308
>>140070
>sauce plz

You click on that "[iqbd]" after name of pic
Best match is on Danbooru
Click.
Now find link named
"Source: .........."
Click.
Suika Ibuki:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcHJvsOb984
>> No. 140315
>>140308
Remembered that after my derp.
[x] Sign me the fuck up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.
>> No. 140317
[X] Nah, there’s enough crazies running around inside the walls. You got here outside the walls, and it wasn’t the prettiest of experiences. Find something to do inside the village

inb4 "LOL YOU WENT OUTSIDE THE VILLAGE INSTASHARK END" from the author
>> No. 140319
[x] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.

I'm surprised the didn't notice the rather ample breast straining against her shirt pocket.
>> No. 140322
>>140317

I wouldn't do that, however...

If you analyze the details given, namely that it's outside the village and that shit comes THROUGH the border there, you should be able to- Oh look my character spoiler limit has been reached. Speculate.

>>140319

Oh please! MC is obviously an ass man.
>> No. 140326
[x] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.
>> No. 140330
>>140322

but...the only thing that could come through the border that we would care about...would be other humans.

haha MC is gunna get NTR'd. Poor Sanae won't know what hit her once the lady's man gets through the border.
>> No. 140331
>>140330

Nonsense! I sense the job of toaster enthusiast coming up in the MC's near future...

Aww were you looking for a hint here? Silly anon~
>> No. 140332
>>140322
It's still MADNESS not to take notice of her breasts.
>> No. 140333
>>140332


[X] Stare at Reisen's breasts

Oh wait, what's that? We voted Sanae? Oh, right.

Maybe next time.


(Also blah blah calling votes for going... will write eventually)
>> No. 140334
>02:01
>02:02

the time you spend f5ing could be time better spent writing
>> No. 140335
>>140334


Shh you. Don't make me write another short story and neglect this one for a week+
>> No. 140337
>>140335
You are an evil, evil man, Treia. You truly are a Dark Lord of the Sith, like Darth Traya before you.
>> No. 140338
File 130413101284.jpg - (852.00KB , 2300x1639 , Gendo_Ikari.jpg ) [iqdb]
140338
>>140337


You win this round.
>> No. 140579
File 130449779827.jpg - (122.23KB , 400x400 , 129177147856.jpg ) [iqdb]
140579
Proofreaders? Uh, heh, you see....

----------------------------------


[X] Sign me up, the place sounds interesting! Sanae seems to want to go, too.

Well, she wants to go…

You bow, bringing your right hand to your waist and flourishing with your left.

“Lead on, madam.”

You look up, expecting to see an excited or overjoyed Sanae. Instead, you see a hand come whipping across your face. You stagger back and recover,

“Hey, what was that for?!”

“That’s a derogatory term!”

“What?! No it’s not!”

“Yes it is, it’s like a term for a woman who runs a shady prostitution bar!”

“No it’s not! It’s like… French! It means miss or missus!”

Sanae gives a “hmph” and looks away as if disgusted, crossing her arms. Damn women… You know how to handle this. You turn around, waving goodbye as you walk away.

“Alright, see you then. Sorry ‘bout the insult.”

Sanae looks back, surprised at your reaction. She panics when she sees you leaving, and quickly starts to speedwalk after you,

“Hey, where are you going?! Y-You said you’d go to the salvage field with me!”

You pick up your pace, letting her nip at your heels while trying to get in front of you. The scene becomes almost comical, with you half-jogging and her very, very quickly striding after you, both of you speeding up and down with her trying to get in front of you to stop you.

“Nope, can’t! I’m not welcome around here; made a bad reference to you being a prostitute, unfortunately. I’m just going to go hit the tavern, get a few drinks, let you cool off…”

She almost catches up to you, tugging on the back of your shirt sleeve for a second before you pull ahead, causing her to stumble trying to catch you.

“No no, see I’m not angry, see!”

This time she does catch you, grabbing you by the elbow and forcing you to turn around. She just stands there and gives this creepy, creepy wide-grin smile. She keeps talking through her clenched teeth,

“Not angry~”

Oh gods. You can’t help it. You try to tell her you’re not angry, but you just can’t stop staring at that creepy grin. You choke out something unintelligible before shoving your fist into your mouth and turning away from her, half laughing heartily, half choking. You feel Sanae’s hand on your shoulder,

“Are you okay?! What’s wrong?”

You turn around, tears streaming from your eyes and a stupid grin on your face.

“Your face! Your fucking face! Oh man…”

You slap your forehead,

“And you were all like ‘I’m not angry!’ and then you had this stupid grin plastering your face but you were completely serious.

This time, you feel that the slap is well deserved. Completely worth it, though. You rub your burning cheek as she reverts back to her cross-armed, won’t-look-at-you stance. You give her a friendly slap on the shoulder,

“Sanae! Sanae… however the hell you pronounce that! Listen, I’m not angry. I understand if you are! But that was… the stupidest fucking grin, I have ever seen. For something like that, you’re just going to have to forgive me.”

“No. Hmph!”

She flicks her hair. Yeah, like that’s helping her case. Attempt two, you are go for launch…

“Alright, bye! I’ll be at the tavern, if you need me.”

She grabs your shirt sleeve the second you turn around.

“Seriously… stop doing that. You said you’d go!”

“Ah, but how can I go with you if you won’t even forgive me for something that small?”

“Well you, you… Apologize! Or something.”

“Nah.”

“What?! We cant’ go, then! Not until you apologize!”

“Oh, well. That stinks…”

You start looking around, as if for something to do. You press your point by continuing,

“Hey, they got a McDonalds around here, or something?... Since we can’t go to that place you were talking ‘bout, I was going to get a bite to eat.”

“You, you!... We can still go! I forgive you! Come oooon!”

You turn back to look at her, putting on a face as if you were completely uninterested,

“Oh? Well I guess we can, then…”

Sanae fist pumps the air,

Yesssssssss!

She pulls you along by the arm again,

“Come on, it’s not a long walk!”


******************************************

Not a long walk your ass. It’s been something like an hour since you left the village, and Sanae isn’t the greatest conversationalist. Most of the talk’s been small, just talking about where you each are from, and what you did before you came (or found yourself) here.

“So… what’s with the shirt?”

“Huh?”

She motions at your shirt. You look down before you realize it’s looking quite worn, and blood is still visibly stained over it. Oh…

“…Shit! I must look like some sort of crazy murderer! The writefag I completely forgot! Man, I don’t even have any other shirts with me…”

Sanae giggles at that,

“How can you forget getting covered in blood? What did you do, anyway? Get into a fight? Or did you forget that, too?”

“No! I just… kinda… landed on somebody.”

“You… landed on someone?”

“Yeah. I think. I don’t really remember getting here.”

She looks at you with a worried look on her face,

“So you don’t know if you actually landed on this person? Were they okay?”

“Yeah… I think. Keine said she’d be fine, something about being a fairy or something.”

“So you landed on this fairy…. And don’t remember at all?”

“Yep!”

“That’s… creepy. You’re not going to murder me as soon as we step off the road, are you?”

“No. …Probably not. If I do I won’t remember it, haha!”

Sanae steps to the side, letting a good distance form between you. Well… she took that the wrong way. The conversation descends into an awkward silence, and just as you hope for something to break the silence, you see… road-side vendors up ahead? You’re about to ask Sanae when she steps off the road completely.

“This is where we leave the road.”

“Hm? But it looks like there’s people up there.”

“Yeah, thieves and criminals. You don’t want to go through there, trust me.”

You shrug. She knows this place better than you do. You follow her off the beaten path, trudging through some light vegetation. Although it takes a few minutes, you know you’re getting close as the ground slopes downwards and the vegetation thins out, the ground becoming nothing but brown dirt.

Another minute’s worth of walking gets you to the edge of a very small cliff. Below you is a valley strewn with debris. Immediately noticeable is a burned out car (A mustang, you believe.), what looks to half of an oil well, and… a frilly princess costume worn by a scarecrow. Uhh.. What.

Sanae calls back from you halfway down the hill into the valley,

“Don’t just sit around! There’s stuff waiting!”

Alright then. You head on down after her, and she quickly reaches the burnt out car. She leans in through the driver window and starts fiddling with things. By the time you’ve caught up to her, she’s pulled out a very retro eight-ball stick shift and is looking it over like an appraiser.

“Found something cool, huh?”

“Yeah! It’s like… a billiard ball thingy.”

“…That’s a stick shift.”

“Oh, was that why it was attached?”

She takes another look at it and finishes,

“Huh. Cool. Here, hold it.”

She hands it to you, grease and all, and keeps poking through the car. A bit irritating, but… she seems to be enjoying it, humming to herself as she brazenly steals from whoever’s car this used to be.

…Okay maybe that’s not the best way to look at it. It’s abandoned. Abandoned, yeah. Or at the very least it’s lost and you couldn’t find the owner. Finders keepers. Or something.

You’re interrupted by a booklet flying by your head, thrown by none other than your good, thieving friend.

“The hell was that?”

“Manual. Dunno what language.”

Well that sounds more interesting than standing around. You look around for the manual and find it lying on the ground a few feet away. A quick leaf-through tells you it’s in glorious English, but other than that it’s just standard car maintenance bullshit. You consider pocketing it, but considering its ragged condition and greasy smears… nah. Not worth it. It’s tossed aside as you wait for Sanae to finish her little chop shop adventure. She slides back out the driver and claps her hands together. When she turns around, it becomes quite clear she’s dirtied her arms in grease. Hey, why’s she staring at you?

“Why are you staring like that?”

She grins, and advances a step. Uh oh. You step backwards, but she keeps coming,

“Sanae?”

She keeps advancing on you, holding her hands out like she’s going to grab you.

“Sanae!”

“Come on, let me use your shirt as a rag! It’s already ruined!”

“My shirt?! No!”

“Come on!”

“No way, Sanae. This is my only shirt.”

“Fine then, I’ll do it by force!”

“By force? Wah-“

You’re forced to stop mid-sentence to spring away as Sanae starts to chase you around the car. You quickly throw away the eight-ball novelty item and dodge around the car, outpacing Sanae easily. It ends up a stalemate, with you mirroring her moves on the other side of the car.

“Come on, just give up! Your shirt’s already ruined…”

“No damnit! You can’t use my shirt as your own personal washrag!”

“Aww…”

She slinks back and relax. Whew, crisis av- Oh dear god she jumped at you. Evade, evad- Fuck she’s on you! Ah, swing! Swing like you’ve never swung before! Crawling on your back, this woman requires- Nope you’ve collapsed. Face-down in the dirt… well this is familiar. And something hard is digging into your chest as Sanae is gleefully rubbing her hands over the back of your shirt. Goddamnit. You try to motion your arms to tell her to get off, but she doesn’t listen,

“Stop struggling, I almost finished… There we go.”

You feel her weight come off you and you’re able to turn over and sit up, a little mud and a lot of grease now slicked over your shirt. Well that was fun. Fun like crawling through mud. Or being tackled into it. You check to see what you landed on (thankfully not a dead fairy this time) and discover a small, metallic… item. It takes you a moment to realize the top actually flips open, revealing a pretty good looking zippo lighter. Nice.

You look for Sanae to show off possibly the one cool thing in the entire place, and discover she’s off digging through a pile of metal wreckage. Figures. Ah well…

You fiddle with the light a bit, eventually taking it apart. The design is quite simple for a lighter. A capped reservoir of butane, the flint wheel, and a pressurized seal to ensure it lights. Just a standard, cheap, lighter. Still looks nice, though. You quickly check the amount of butane left before reassembling it, and it appears to be more than halfway filled. Still a good amount left.

You finish putting it back together just in time for Sanae to come back from her brazen theft scavenging. She wheels over an old-fashioned, stripped down bike (Surprisingly with two good tires).

“Hey hey, look what I found found! It’s even got a seat for two!”

Ah, ass rugburn. Just what you needed.

“You’re taking that back?”

“Well… yeah. I thought I would.”

You raise an eyebrow at her and she tries to further defend herself,

“Oh come on! It’s serviceable! I could really use a bike!”

“None of my business! Forget I asked!”

She sticks her tongue out at you. Because you’re suuuch a spoil-sport. Ah well, might as well see if she’s enjoying herslf,

“Hey did you find anything els-“

You stop, distracted by a sound. It’s like an incessant buzzing, a bee in your ear.

“Hm? No, it was just the bike.”

You put your hand up to silence her, listening for the sound. Constantly it invades your senses, like a person muttering under their breath you know it’s there but you can’t hear it.

“Hey… what’s that sound?”

You motion with your hand, telling her to be silent again. She hears it too, though… What the hell is it? Something like a person whispering makes you snap your attention back to the burned out car, but there’s nobody there.

“The hell was that?”

“You heard it too?”

“Yeah… I thought somebody was trying to get our attention. Nobody there, though.”

That is odd… Maybe Sanae knows more?

“Have you ever heard something like that before?”

She shakes her head,

“Nope. Completely strange, if you ask-“ BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

A sound akin to a buzzsaw fills the air, drowning out your speech. It’s loud enough to force you to cup your hands over your ears in pain. A thousand voices intertwine perfectly with it, completely unintelligible in its garbling. You try to scream over the sound at the similarly confused Sanae,

What the hell is going on!?

She screams back at you, fear evident in her voice,

“I-I don’t know! I don’t know!

The sound grows louder. It sounds like standing next to a jet engine that’s taking in metal, just horrible screeching pervades your skull. The sound is loud enough to drop you to your knees as you desperately push your hands against your ears, trying to block out the cacophony. Voices rise above the madness.

“Enemy fast movers just made another pass! Where the hell is our support?!”

“Tally-ho, bandits at four. Weapons free.”

“Armored column in sight! Let’s let ‘em feel our guns go live!”

“I now ask all of the nations gathered here today to signal their commitment to this cause. This would entail…”

The voices are drowned out by the incredible sound growing in intensity, a feat which before that your ears considered impossible. Just as it seems your ears are going to burst, everything stops. The sound completely vanishes. The voices, gone. There is nothing but peace. You slowly uncup your ears and look around. Sanae looks up from where she was similarly crouched, a terrified look across her face.

“The fuck was that?!”

“I don’t know! That’s never happened before!”

Well fuck this. Disembodied voices and incredibly loud sounds out of thin air are not an indicator of cookies and money to come.

“We are leaving.

You don’t even wait for Sanae’s response, you whip around and do a quick one-over on the hill leading out of the valley, to make sure you can still get out on the same route. Looks like it’s clear, although… there’s some more trash there? That wasn’t there before. You turn back around to see Sanae trying to pick up her new bike from where she dropped it. Damn girl, get your priorities in order…

A few quick strides and you’re next to her, and practically pull it over your head getting it off the ground. You hand the bike to Sanae and practically drag her along towards the exit path. You freeze before you get two steps. Something’s there. On the path.

Ethereal, would be the best way to describe it. Like a shadow across the air. A non-existence. Something that is just… there. And it’s moving towards you.

An evil spirit.

Battle plan?

[ ] Write-in only.
>> No. 140580
Aaaand here’s your inventory, to clear up any continuity errors and give you your options.

Although some other ‘continuity errors’ may be intentional…



INVENTORY:

1x Messenger Bag (Strung over left shoulder)
-1x Science textbook (Unknown title)
-1x Math textbook (Unknown title)
-Assorted notes, papers, and assignments
-Assorted supplies (Pencils, pens, paperclips, hand-held eraser)

1x Wallet (Right pocket)
-Unknown amount of money (USD)
-1x Photo ID
-4x Credit Card (Assorted companies)
-1x Gift voucher for a free dinner (<$15)
-1x Insurance information
-1x Blood donor card

1x Key Ring (Right pocket)
-1x Dorm key
-1x Car key (Impounded… somewhere)
-1x Old storage key

1x Phone (Flipscreen, back right pocket)

1x Lighter (70% full, right hand)

2x Shoe (Feet)

1x Hot-Glue Gun (Pants) (FLACCID)


(Clothing not included because you can’t quickly pull it on/off. You are not the goddamn batman prince charming.)
>> No. 140589
Shrug. No really. Whatever comes first is going to get bandwagonned anyway. If it's any good that is
>> No. 140593
>>140589
You seem to imply that you have a problem with people agreeing to vote on something that is good and/or sensible. Why would this be a problem at all?

Also, unless you were voting for the MC to shrug in which case I must assume that you forgot the [x], as stated in >>/gensokyo/6052 actions and poor English are looked down upon and will only garner you scorn.

[x] Grab Sanae, turn around, and RUN LIKE HELL.

Let's face it, we have no weapons, no idea what the thing is, or if we can even hurt it. Really, barring us finding a random Proton Pack in a pile of trash, the only real option is to get the hell out of dodge with Sanae in tow.
>> No. 140595
In addition, posted by the request of the author, who is unable to access the site at this time of writing:

-----------------------------------------


"Come on!"

The writefag screamed, holding his hand out for the anon amongst the wind and rain, thunder cracking overhead. The truck had already had several seats reserved, but this was the first pick-up. It was now or never, but the anon only stood, looking at the writefag chugging past at 1kph with evil in his eyes.

"No. It's just a bandwagon."

The words rung like poison in the writefag's ears. Tearfully, he leaned back into the truck, smashing his hand against the window seperating the front from the back.

"Go! We can't wait for him any longer!"

Slowly, the truck accelerated to a cool 5 kph, surely but slowly heading toward the next update. There would be more anon that would join him on this riding story, but for now, he had lost one to stupidity.

Only the patter of rain upon the windows kept him company as he waited for the next stop. Hopefully, that one would be prepared.
>> No. 140596
File 130452831572.jpg - (9.25KB , 150x110 , F4YR_logo.jpg ) [iqdb]
140596
[x] Fight for your right (To have a date with Sanae)
>> No. 140598
[x] "So erm, Ghost/Ethereal being, I've got a 15 dollar coupon for a Wendy's take-out. You in?"
Romance the ghost, it's the only way.
>> No. 140603
>>140593
Imply what? That's quite the jump you made there. I just said the first good write in is going to get bandwagonned I see no implications there.
And shrug sounds a hell of a lot better than bleh or something equally retarded. It's basically just a shorter form of "I have no idea what we should do and I'm too lazy to come up with a write-in".

As for bad english, I really can't see anything besides "bandwagonned" that would actually qualify as bad and I'm pretty sure it's used quite frequently when such a situation arises.

Now go do something relevant like posting that somewhere where it's actually needed.
>> No. 140612
Hard choice.
Flee of fight.

[X]Flee.
And hope you're faster than the slowest one.
>> No. 140616
Sanae may be in that golden ratio between friendly and crazy bitch. I like.

[x] Take Sanae by the hand and flee.
- [x] If there's no other path out of the salvage field, hide amid the debris.
- [x] Attempt to use your phone as a distraction. Set the alarm. Toss it behind a pile of refuse. Sneak out when it goes off.

Might not be able to get out of there if it's blocking the only way out. We don't know Sanae is a shrine maiden, so it's unreasonable to ask her to do anything about this.
>> No. 140618
[x]Start by panicking and asking Sanae about it.
[x]If she doesn't know what it is, grab her and attempt to run away.
[x]If it seems like you can't just run away try to find something that can be used as a weapon. (Not that you know it will be of any use, but still better than nothing.)
[x]If there is none close, take your notebook and lit it on fire and throw at the thing and run away.(Maybe it fears fire or atleast gets distracted by it)
>> No. 140619
[x]Fight
...how exactly are we gonna do this, anyway?
>> No. 140641
[X]Toss hand-held eraser to test its incorporeality
-[X]If it connects toss the bike at it and begin fighting
-[X]If it passes through Then [x] Grab Sanae, turn around, and RUN LIKE HELL.

I was going to suggest lighting our shirt on fire and use that as a flaming whip of death, but unfortunately we are not yet at the level of the goddam batman.
>> No. 140648
Well I wonder if Sanae can actually take on a nameless evil spirit or not... seeing how Reimu took on a big bad one when she was younger than Sanae.
>> No. 140693
Voting closed, writing is progressing very nicely! I'm going with a bit of everything, so don't think your ideas were ignored!
>> No. 140695
File 130472509682.jpg - (112.97KB , 1000x711 , b17d9ca5c487cb10c11ac13037978e0e.jpg ) [iqdb]
140695
Image is spoiler territory.

----------------------------


[X] A mishmash of the above options.

Okay, fuck this.

“Sanae… do you know what the hell that is?”

She doesn’t reply, only slowly shaking her head left then right, mouth agape.

“Okay… listen to me. We’re going to back up slowly, okay? And on the count of three, we turn and run. All right?”

She doesn’t reply, frozen in place. You jab her in the ribs and do your best to raise your voice above the near whisper that it was before.

“Sanae!”

She only whispers her reply,

“Okay…”

“All right, one..”

You take her by the arm, stepping backwards. Your eyes glance towards the ethereal being, still coming towards you. It picks up its pace as you start to walk backwards.

“Two…”

It’s coming faster, already down the hill now. Sanae had better not trip up on this part.

Three!

You swing around and start pulling her, forcing her to keep up with you. You only look back to see if the thing is still chasing you, and it is! There’s only 30 meters or so between you now! And why is Sanae still carrying that bike with her other hand?!

“Sanae! Fuck the bike! Fuck the fucking bike you fucking moron, fuck!

You attempt to impress upon her your will, aided by your impressive repertoire of off-the-top-of-your-head profanities. Unfortunately, she doesn’t seem to get the picture, or you’re simply pulling her too fast to give her a chance to throw the heavy bike with only one arm.

You slide to a halt, grabbing Sanae to stop her as well. You roughly relieve her of the bike and hoist it over your head as the beast closes quickly. Within seconds, it’s almost on you. You heave the bike in a mighty throw, bellowing a war cry all the same.

Fuck you!

The cry echoes throughout the valley as the projectile flies towards its target, glorious in its flight. Your balls practically itch as the bike makes its way the last few inches towards the abomination.

Instead of, say, murdering, or heavily wounding the beast, the bike crashes through harmlessly, handlebar and both wheels tearing off from either its age or the stress of the impact. The being is unfazed, having only stopped its movement for the time being.



Not as planned!

Okay, plan B!

“Plan B?!- Waaah!”

Sanae screams as you quickly bend down, grab her legs, and hoist her over your shoulders in a quickly improvised fireman’s carry. She protests vividly as you take off, her an uncomfortable new weight on your shoulders.

“What the heck are you doing?! I didn’t know you could carry me!”

“Neither did I! Is it still following us?!”

You’d love to check yourself, but having a woman’s ass in the way kind of precludes that option.

“Yes! It’s coming fast!”

Fuck. Ok, options! None! Fuck you, mind! Distraction? Fight? Throw Sanae at it? Ask it to a nice dinner? Fuck, going with the first one!

“Sanae! Back pocket! Cellphone!”

“What?!”

“Get my fucking cellphone, set an alarm, and throw it!”

“What?!”

“Just do it!”

The feeling of Sanae trying to grasp things out of your ass pocket indicates she at least understood you.

“Where’s the alarm option?!”

“In the fucking settings menu!”

“Where’s that?!”

“It’s under tools!”

“I don’t see a ‘tools’!”

“Oh for chrissakes Sanae! We! Are going! To die! Find the fucking alarm option!”

You silently pray your legs will hold out long enough. You’re aiming for large piles of trash about 300 feet off, but you might collapse before you get there. Sanae’s not fat, but she’s certainly not light, either!

“Got it!”

“Throw the phone!”

Fifty, maybe eighty feet now! Gosh, you hope this works. The sound of your (previously treasured) mobile phone smashing into something behind you on your left is your only assurance. Goddamnit, this better work!

You’re almost there! Goddamnit, you don’t even care that your feet are slipping and that you’re now sliding across your ass on mud! You’re there! You’re fucking there!

Sanae gets rudely thrown off, and you roll over far enough so that you can peek out, but still be hidden. The being seems to have slowed to a crawl as soon as you hid yourself from view. Come oooon distraction!

Machinae supremacy ringing out beats is like sex to your ears. The thing stops completely. Is it looking around? It’s a goddamn, amorphous, floating blob! You can’t even tell! Wait, wait! It’s moving away! Fuck yes! Fuck yeeeah!

“Is it working?”

Sanae asks curiously, smooshing as close to you as possible to look past the grimy dishwasher blocking your view.

“Yeah… looks like it.”

“Phew, let’s get out of here. I know another way back to the road, we can-“

The music stops. Oh, shit.

“Sanae… how long did you set the alarm for?”

“Uhh… o-o-one minute?”

Note to self: Give Sanae a good lecture on proper alarm-clock setting in the face of survival situations. Also, rebuke her for ever bringing you here. Also, more eggs. And pork. Pork would be nice. Wait, aren’t you supposed to be doing something? Oh, right, right.

“Plan C, back to running!”

You scramble over Sanae and run smack into green, before someone grabs you and makes you tumble sideways into the trash. Oh god, banana peels everywhere! What cruel god- Wait a second… green? Sanae wasn’t wearing green! And you stepped over her!

You spring out of the trash to see a white-haired girl trail past Sanae with several swords and pouches on her hip. She brazenly comes out of your improvised cover and draws her first sword, piercing right through the being. There’s a terrible shriek and she draws the second with her left. With inhuman speed she slashes it several times. It disappears from view, as if it dissipated. She carefully re-sheaths the swords and turns to you,

“Are you two okay?”

You help Sanae to her feet, and she brushes herself off.

“I, uh… guess? Thanks, too.”

She nods.

“Good, good. Think fast.”

“What do you mean ‘think f-‘”

Well. That’s annoying. She nailed both of you in the head with little strips of paper… and it’s sticking to your forehead. Sanae rips hers off and yells at the girl,

“We’re not possessed!”

“Wah? S-Sorry! I thought… if the spirit didn’t possess one of you two… where did it go?”

Where did it go? You’re pretty sure she just diced that bitch up. Dead, that’s where it went! You rip your little strip off, it leaving a mark on your head,

“Uh… didn’t you just kill it?”

“No no! I wouldn’t kill a spirit, that’d be wrong! I just forced it out of its ethereal form, it should have…”

She looks around,

“Should have… something, somewhere…”

A squeak from behind you makes you turn around, only to be rudely brushed aside by the girl who jumps at the pile of trash it originates from. She quickly throws some of the trash out of the way and grabs something out of the air as it tries to jump away. Once its sitting (mostly) still in her hand, you can clearly see… that it’s a rat. Eww. It struggles against her hand, but she takes a pouch off her belt and forces the rat into it before tying the top off. She stands up and proudly presents the writhing pouch to the two of you.

“Got it! Looks like it wasn’t strong enough to possess a human that quickly, heh. I’m glad I got here before it got either of you! …Wait, aren’t you a shrine maiden?”

She looks at Sanae. Shrine maiden, what? You’ve heard that before.

“N-No! Nonsense!”

“So you’re not a shrine maiden?”

“Well I am! But, uh…”

“Why didn’t you take care of the spirit? That should’ve been easy for you!”

“I was… surprised! And stuff!”

Sanae jabs you in the ribs before whispering to you,

“Tell her how surprised I was!”

“Yeah, yeah! She was… real surprised. And stuff.”

The white-haired girl gives you a look like she thinks you’re being facetious,

“Right…”

“I was! Isn’t watching over the spirits your job, anyway!?”

“Wah! I-I was! Busy! And the spirit didn’t come from Hakugyokurou!”

Sanae crosses her arms and smirks,

“Oh? Too busy to do your job? What would your master think?”

The white-haired girl gasps,

“You wouldn’t!”

Silence. Sanae just smiles at her in a fakely polite, threatening way.

“N-No way! Yuyuko! Miss Yuyuko! They’re lying! Lying, I say!”

She dashes off, swords clinking in their sheathes as she runs with an unnatural speed. Sanae watches her go.

“Hmph! Some gardener she’s supposed to be.”

“Wasn’t that a little mean?”

“Nonsense! She insulted my abilities as a shrine maiden!”

“…But you didn’t actually do anything. I ended up carrying you away.”

“Wah!? But, but I… I totally did the phone thing!”

“…I could have done that if I hadn’t had to carry you.

She pushes you lightly by the chest,

“Shut up, jerk!”

Heh. Got her there.

“Sanaaae~.”

“What?”

“Now that our friendly, neighborhood gardener has saved us from a fucking ghost floaty-thing how ‘bout we make like trees and get the fuck out of here?”

“Yeah… you’re right, sorry.”

You nod back at her,

“Apology accepted.”




****************************

“So… Her name’s Youmu?”

“No, no. I said ‘Youmu or something like that’! I don’t know what her name is, actually… never met her before, only heard of her.”

“Well, she certainly heard of you.”

“Mmm…”

She thinks about it, taking a sip from the bottle of fizzy soda, something she found on the way out.

“You know, you shouldn’t drink that. You don’t know how long it was out here.”

She finishes sipping.

“You know how difficult it is to get something other than water to drink around here?! Don’t tell me what’s healthy! What’s healthy is having some soda once in a while!”

She waves it around in your face while berating you for your choice of beverages,

“And this is The. Best. Kind. It’s fizzy!”

She holds it up on her hands like some sort of native idol,

“If only I could find more! Ah, my precious-“

A yellow streak of light whizzes in from the left, obliterating the glass and sending shards and fizzy soda down upon your heads, making you throw your hands up to protect yourself. You look for the source and see several pairs of translucent wings and childish heads barely above the bushes beside the road. One of them looks… oddly familiar. Oh bajeesus it’s that girl you landed on.

“Whoops, missed him,” says the blue-haired one.

“Let’s get ‘em!” says the green-haired one before jumping out of the bushes accompanied by several more of them.

Ah, shit.


[ ] You have had enough of this shit! There’s only so much a man can take in one day!

[ ] Battle plan? Retreat plan. Back to the village, double speed! Sanae won’t mind being carried twice. It’s like, complimentary or something!

[ ] Oh jesus more ghosts! And you caused this one! And she brought friends! Beg for forgiveness from your ethereal overlords!
>> No. 140697
[x] "So um, I got a coupon for two at Mario's - you in?"
If romancing the group doesnt work:
[x] You have had enough of this shit! There’s only so much a man can take in one day!

If THAT doesnt work:

[x] Battle plan? Retreat plan. Back to the village, double speed! Sanae won’t mind being carried twice. It’s like, complimentary or something!

If THAT doesnt work
[x] Put a bullet through your head you god damn worthless pile of shit.
>> No. 140698
[x] Battle plan? Retreat plan. Back to the village, double speed! Sanae won’t mind being carried twice. It’s like, complimentary or something!
>> No. 140699
[X] You have had enough of this shit! There’s only so much a man can take in one day!
>> No. 140701
[X] Battle plan? Retreat plan. Back to the village, double speed! Sanae won’t mind being carried twice. It’s like, complimentary or something!
>> No. 140702
[x] You have had enough of this shit! There’s only so much a man can take in one day!

If we can kill them with an impact that doesn't seriously harm us as well, we can fight.
>> No. 140703
[x] Oh jesus more ghosts! And you caused this one! And she brought friends! Beg for forgiveness from your ethereal overlords!

They wouldn't expect an apology.
>> No. 140720
[X] You have had enough of this shit! There’s only so much a man can take in one day!

I AM A MOTHERFUCKER
>> No. 140722
[x] Oh jesus more ghosts! And you caused this one! And she brought friends! Beg for forgiveness from your ethereal overlords!

Now we shall face full life consequences.
>> No. 140724
[X] You have had enough of this shit! There’s only so much a man can take in one day!

I have a feeling that we might see some Sanae RAGE here.
>> No. 140730
[x] Oh jesus more ghosts! And you caused this one! And she brought friends! Beg for forgiveness from your ethereal overlords!

Sanae why are you such a useless guest party member? I understand wanting to chill with 'normal' people, but 'normal' is sort of a liability in a land of man-eating horrors.
>> No. 140733
>>140730
You'd rather have The Game's Sanae?
>> No. 140735
>>140733

You now realize "Stuck in the Middle with You" was playing on her iPod.
>> No. 140753
>>140733
So that's literally the only Sanae that can be thought of? Just like bitchy Reimu I guess huh.
>> No. 140760
>>140753
Nope, I was just saying Sanae could be much worse.
>> No. 140787
[x] Oh jesus more ghosts! And you caused this one! And she brought friends! Beg for forgiveness from your ethereal overlords!

This should be interesting.
>> No. 140834
File 130509898633.jpg - (654.76KB , 1024x768 , 124726882436.jpg ) [iqdb]
140834
Consider this votes called.


---------------------


[X] You have had enough of this shit! There’s only so much a man can take in one day!

Oh no.

Oh. No.

In the last 24 hours, you have been assaulted by a tentacle monster, harassed by a dimension-shifting seductress, and forced to flee from a ghost. You can handle some prepubescent girls.

Before you can do anything, Sanae grabs the leading fairy – the green-haired one- with both hands, hoists her over her own head, and starts yelling the lyrics to Carl Douglas’ kung fu fighting. In between the verses she finds the time to bring the girl down upon her knee, like breaking a stick.

A sickening cracking and the top half of the girl’s body flails about uselessly as Sanae uses her body as an improvised bludgeoning device, whacking another one of them into submission with it, holding the leg. Oh hell yes. You can dance to this tune. Dancing meaning beating in little girls’ faces today, but whatever.

You quickly join in the fray, throwing yourself in with a punch to the face of one of them. Take that silly fairy thing who dares to cushion my landing! Grabbing my arms, are we? Double lariat! Spin like a madman! They can’t hold on, and get tossed off uselessly as you spin your way through the growing pile of bodies around the two of you.

A shriek arises from the bushes,

“Retreeeat!”

The remaining fairies grab their dead and quickly pile away. The only one they didn’t get is… the one Sanae is currently spinning around her head using as a whip. The only way that could be more intimidating is if she was dual-wielding bodies or it was on fire, or something. You really are glad she’s on your side.

But they fought with expert timing! Danananana!

“Sanae, I think we got them. And that’s not how the song goes. It’s disco.”

“Oh, you know the song?”

She stops swinging the girl around her head, instead letting her hang idly from her arm, upside down. You note she wears white panties beneath her blue skirt. Wait a sec, what are you doing? Stop oogling the body! Not only does she look like she’s ten, but she’s kind of… dead at the moment. Sure, sure, she’ll get up again in a few hours… you think. But that’s just kind of wrong.

“Yeah, and the song kind of precludes me, being Caucasian and all.”

“Whatever! It felt appropriate!”

“Really? Sabaton feels more appropriate here… Kind of a slaughter.”

You survey the “battlefield”. Some bloody smears across the ground, a few shards of glass from the bottle, a pair of wings – ostensibly ripped off one of your attackers, although you’re not sure when, and a growing pile of drool exiting the improvised bludgeon’s mouth are the only real signs of the struggle. Well at least the fairies took the bodies, now you can claim they all fell down stairs and weren’t viciously mauled by an eccentric shrine maiden and a guy dancing to the tune of kung fu fighting.

“Sabaton? What’s that?”

“Oh it’s a… Why don’t we get the heck out of here, before any more of them show up?”

“Eh, okay.”

“And... lose the body, seriously.”

“’Kay!”

She drops the body and hurries to catch up to you as you continue on the trail. The quicker away from here, the better.


***************************************

The gates are still open as you get back. Presumably, they’re open during the day, and closed during the night. The guard, watching from a wooden chair, only gives you a cursory glance before returning to his wrinkled old magazine. Man, you must look like shit. And that doesn’t even alert him? Worrying.

Sanae tugs your sleeve.

“Hm?”

“Listen… I really should go now, Kanako will be worried if I’m gone too long.”

“Ah, overprotective parents or something?”

Wait a second… Speaking of parents, how old is she?! You never asked, and she certainly looks younger than you. You should probably find out before getting any grand ideas, otherwise you might see yourself being run out of the village before long.

“Yeah… something like that.”

She looks at the ground and rubs her arm, as if she wants to say something. The situation lingers for a moment before she utters out a weak “bye” and shuffles away.

You glance up at the sun. It’s a bit past directly above you, so… 1 or 2 PM? Damn, you wish you had a sundial now. Might make things easier. Yelling from the direction of the gate interrupts you,

“A-And thank you very much for saving my butt from the spirit! Goodbye again!”

The gate slams shut before you can see who yelled it, although you can take a very educated guess. The guard glances up, sighs, and re-opens it before sitting back down to read his magazine. Well, at least she was polite. Except for the whole shouting part. But you can forgive that.

Back to the village, there seems to be a lot going on. Just from what you can see…

“Outsider disregards all sense of decency, rolls around in mud, mauls fairies at play, twice! Come read the latest edition of the Bunbunmaru newspaper!”

The annoying reporter girl, harping what appears to be a newspaper on the intersection of two streets. How the heck does she even know about the fairies, let alone have a paper out on it already?! Damn her…

“You don’t respect me!”

Marisa!

A blonde-haired women in a full witch’s outfit stalks out of a shop, carrying an armful of vials. A gruff man in his 40s quickly walks after her. He tries to grab her arm, but she whips around and yells at him before throwing a vial onto the ground, shattering it. She storms away, fuming. The man sighs, hanging his head. He crouches and begins picking up the pieces of glass, muttering to himself.

In a more mundane note, the wonderful smell of foods and tea wafts through the air. You haven’t eaten in a bit, although the bread was quite filling. That might be a better alternative than all this excitement.


[ ] You could do with some supplemental reading… even if it is about you punching a little girl’s face in.

[ ] What the heck was that argument about? Normally people don’t exactly argue with witches, they just get turned into toads. Or something.

[ ] After a harsh round of fairy beat downs, you could use some downtime. Tea and some lunch sounds like a plan right now.
>> No. 140835
[x] After a harsh round of fairy beat downs, you could use some downtime. Tea and some lunch sounds like a plan right now.

Inb4 Anon picks something stupid for the 2nd time
>> No. 140838
[x] After a harsh round of fairy beat downs, you could use some downtime. Tea and some lunch sounds like a plan right now.
It's always tea time in Gensokyo
>> No. 140843
[x] What the heck was that argument about? Normally people don’t exactly argue with witches, they just get turned into toads. Or something.
>> No. 140845
[x] After a harsh round of fairy beat downs, you could use some downtime. Tea and some lunch sounds like a plan right now.
>> No. 140847
[x] What the heck was that argument about? Normally people don’t exactly argue with witches, they just get turned into toads. Or something.
We can easily get some info and eat right after.
>> No. 140848
[x] What the heck was that argument about? Normally people don’t exactly argue with witches, they just get turned into toads. Or something.
>> No. 140866
[SLAM] You could do with some supplemental reading… even if it is about you punching a little girl’s face in.

I just want to see dear Ayas face when...

"Hey you!"

She turns around.

"Oh hello why I see you've been really busy today mindifItakesomepicturesKTHNXBYE-" She raises the camera to her face. Slam. The cameras lens is blocked by your palm, fingers curled around its body.

"Lady...

(yಠ,ಠ)y

...Y U NO FUGGOFF?!"
>> No. 140869
[X] What the heck was that argument about? Normally people don’t exactly argue with witches, they just get turned into toads. Or something.
>> No. 140872
[X] After a harsh round of fairy beat downs, you could use some downtime. Tea and some lunch sounds like a plan right now.
>> No. 140876
[X] You could do with some supplemental reading… even if it is about you punching a little girl’s face in.

Now lemme alone.
>> No. 140879
[x] You could do with some supplemental reading… even if it is about you punching a little girl’s face in.
>> No. 140903
[X] You could do with some supplemental reading… even if it is about you punching a little girl’s face in.

Absolutely not because I am intrigued by previously mentioned obscene gestures. No sir.
>> No. 140907
[X] What the heck was that argument about? Normally people don’t exactly argue with witches, they just get turned into toads. Or something.

Turning people into toads is old hat. Newts are better.

Also, acknowledging the paparazzi's presence will only encourage her.
>> No. 140913
>>140907
>Implying Denying it wouldn't egg her on
>> No. 140926
File 130522776980.png - (786.12KB , 1193x1670 , 98bb6b73143d5282e307825ab7731b69.png ) [iqdb]
140926
>implying there is a win option when dealing with a paparazzi whore an eccentric crow tengu

Outsiders are fascinating to someone whose day revolves around finding a scoop.
>> No. 140933
...so the only right course of action is the one where you are the most satisfied, because she won't give a damn anyway?
...
Time for some fisticuffs. Need to relieve stress.
>> No. 140934
>>140933

>Human beating youkai
let me rephrase that
>NORMAL human beating a youkai

Seriously we couldn't even beat Aya if we tried.
>> No. 140935
File 13052377098.jpg - (393.22KB , 850x1168 , sample-ad2b38bcf9efc8a5c96aad3040123dfa.jpg ) [iqdb]
140935
>>140933

No, I just meant Aya's going to be considered annoying no matter what you choose. Anon seems to have a passion for hating her.
>> No. 140937
[+] You could do with some supplemental reading… even if it is about you punching a little girl’s face in.

Hopefully there will be some tips to help improve his form.
>> No. 140943
>>140935
The only place Aya isnt getting flak is /at/.
Besides, I'm probably the only one here who actually wants to see Aya be a friend. And thats not really going to turn the vote around, eh?
>> No. 140949
>>140935
>>140943
I would LOVE to have an Aya route or story or something along those lines. More so than anything else involving this site.
>> No. 140950
>>140943
Not here or in /sdm/ where the Eldest Scarlet is having an Aya vote. Or in Curses Foiled again where anon gleefully tried to ruined Aya's credibility forever... actually the last one has things turning around.
>> No. 140951
>>140950
Eh, I'm probably missing a few stories here and there. I'm decently new around here and mostly a /th/er.

Anyways writefag, Any update coming soon?
>> No. 140953
>>140951

Maybe. I'm certainly not waiting for Aya votes, or anything! Hah, it's not like I'm trying to manipulate the votes.

If it does come, expect it in the form of a new thread.
>> No. 140954
>>140847

That was my vote, Changing it to the one in Aya's favor since I'm too lazy to look through and see what the exact choice was

TURN THE TIDES
MAKING A COMEBACK
>> No. 140958
[X] You could do with some supplemental reading… even if it is about you punching a little girl’s face in.
>> No. 140963
File 130525982040.jpg - (437.26KB , 999x706 , 8596726.jpg ) [iqdb]
140963
>>140943
>>140949
Gunman in Gensokyo. The MC actually hooks up with Aya early on, none of that tedious will-they-won't-they bullshit. Check the story list.
>> No. 140965
>>140963
A very notable early rare exception in a sea of raw Aya hate. I must say fans all over the world are pretty stupid about character being included and exclude. Seeing how Sakuya wouldn't care about anything NOT concerning the mansion, I doubt she'd care much for UFO and 10D.
>> No. 140968
>>140965
>Sakuya
She cares about what Remilia tells her to care about.
>> No. 140972
Yawn. Wrote a bit of the update... I might pick it back up tomorrow and get the thread out then. Soon, though. When I feel like it.
>> No. 140984
>>140972

Hooray!
>> No. 140985
I also just remembered, In the junkyard we overheard something that totally sounded like military radio-chatter, along with a snippet of a speech that I am pretty certain was the speech Dubya held in front of the UN or NATO to get other countries to join the war against Iraq.
I have to say, since that was some sort of teleport-dump, GO BACK THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
God knows what could get dropped there, with five lines of radio-chatter versus one line of war-speech chances are pretty good that some sort of operable military equipment made its way there.
I now imagine Protagonist manning an Anit-Air minigun and plowing through flying fairies.
Or if its just something normal/non-lethal, driving a 6x6 military transport truck all over Gensokyo and mounting roadkills on the hood.
>> No. 140991
>>140985

>random radio chitchat

IT MUST CLEARLY BE SOME KIND OF PLANNING FOR A WAR.
>> No. 140994
File 130530743445.jpg - (33.36KB , 407x405 , SGT-FOLEY-RAMIREZ-DO-EVERYTHING.jpg ) [iqdb]
140994
“Enemy fast movers just made another pass! Where the hell is our support?!”

“Tally-ho, bandits at four. Weapons free.”

“Armored column in sight! Let’s let ‘em feel our guns go live!”

“I now ask all of the nations gathered here today to signal their commitment to this cause. This would entail…”

>friggin military lingo

Need I say more?
>> No. 140996
Nonsense. People are bombed by attack jets all the time during peace.
>> No. 141051
>>141050

New thread for those either blind, unwilling to view /th/, or viewing this thread many months from now.