[Return]
Archived thread

File 129999587477.jpg - (381.16KB , 800x600 , 46804ccadad274ef6752c1f5b24c3837.jpg ) [iqdb]
136578 No. 136578
“Could we maybe fly a bit slower Yuuka? I mean, ah I'd love to get home and warm up but, at the same time the faster you go, the more this wind is getting to me...” you groan, your teeth chattering a bit.

“I'm afraid you lose either way little flower, you can either endure the cold for a longer period of time, or try to get out of it as fast as possible, at the cost of the wind nipping at you some more. Perhaps you should've brought a coat, or maybe worn a more... covering outfit?” teased the flower youkai gently.

You really should've brought a coat, but then again did you even own one? It never got that cold back home, well even if it did, you never went outside much to begin with anyway. Oh why couldn't Yukari have picked out a better outfit to wear? Or perhaps a better question is why you agreed to wear it in the first place, oh well... no point in beating yourself up over what's been done already.

“I guess you're right. I don't see how this cold isn't bothering you at all Yuuka, or heck, anyone else who flies around daily.”

Yuuka chuckled and ever so carefully shrugged, registering to you then little more then a shift in her arms, “You get used to it little flower, not that I much like the cold. It's poor weather for growing flowers and plants.”

As you near your home, you notice something amiss right away – you can see light in the distance. In a town or city, this wasn't unusual at all. But you made a habit of not leaving the lights on when you left – sure you didn't have electrical bills here, but it was still a habit. Perhaps whoever dropped off Remilia's gift...? That didn't seem likely either, it was probably Sakuya and you were sure she would remember such a trivial detail. Yuuka seemed to note the oddity as well, she landed and dropped you off a short walk from your home.

The youkai glanced to you, perhaps seeking confirmation that this was not a normal event. With a small nod of your head, the youkai returned her attention to your house. Motioning for you to stay behind her, she advanced forward grasping the door handle – it turned without resistance.

“I always lock the door when I leave.” you say, shaking your head, “I know I do, I mean I don't expect thieves but... I know I locked it before I left!”

Yuuka eased the door open slowly, peering inside carefully. She eventually motioned you inside, where you noticed with dismay that it appeared someone – or something – had certainly ransacked the house. After determining the first floor was empty, your escort headed upstairs as you inspected the damage on the ground floor.

It doesn't look like anything is missing, which is quite unusual, but there is clear evidence of the area being searched. Drawers left open, furniture moved about, tools strewn across the floor... it was a mess. Still, it didn't look like anything was missing, so what was the purpose?

“Well, I don't see any signs of the intruder. I did however find the vampire's 'gift' to you.” spoke up a voice from behind you.

Looking over your shoulder you find Yuuka in the doorframe, casually holding an unconscious fairy by the collar of her maid uniform.

“Is she alright Yuuka?” you ask worriedly.

The youkai shrugs and deposits her onto an available chair, “Doesn't look hurt to me. Still, if she was the harm probably regenerated. I can't tell how long she's been out for, but unless this was fairly recent... no signs of who did this little flower?” the green-haired youkai started to try to wake the unconscious fairy.

“Nothing at all, it doesn't seem like a robbery or anything... I can't see anything missing anyway. Even all my tools look to be here, even the small little unimportant things... I don't even think they took rubberbands or paper clips.”

Yuuka didn't make any sound, preoccupied with attempting to rouse the fairy by clamping her hand over her mouth and pinching her nose shut, she spares you a quick glance, “Don't worry this isn't nearly as dangerous as it looks little flower.”

“Er, couldn't she... suffocate?”

“If she did, she'd just reincarnate. I'm rather sure this should work, I'm reluctant to resort to... physical abuse to wake her.”

Suddenly the fairy stiffens and struggles, flailing about as Yuuka steps away from the newly awakened fairy. Gasping for air the fairy scrambles out of her seat and presses up against the wall, “P-please, I don't know anything, don't h-”

“We're not going to hurt you, don't worry!” you say reassuringly, carefully taking a few steps towards her, “Yuuka just had to ah, resort to a bit of an... unusual method to wake you is all.”

The fairy glances from you to Yuuka quickly, with a deep breath she seems to regain her composure, “I-I apologize. I thought you may have been the assailant whom attacked me.” carefully adjusting her uniform and smoothing some wrinkles, she curtsies slightly, “I'm Limstella, I'm a former maid of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Mistress Scarlet has canceled my services and instead assigned me to work for a Mistress Roots.”

Mistress Roots? Well, guess this was Remilia's gift to you, not that you were sure how to feel about it... was she like a servant or something? Was having a fairy work for you all that common? Could you just gift away a living person like that...? Perhaps questions for another time, there were other concerns.

- - -

[ ] Question the fairy (write-in)
[ ] Ask Yuuka to get someone? (write-in)
[ ] Other (write-in)

I decided to start writing this despite not being fully prepared as, well, I realized I'm never going to be 'ready'. I'll just procastinate and put it off, so I'm going to put some of my freetime to updating this and writing. Expect a more frequent update schedule for the next 2 weeks, as I'm off work for leave. After that back to work, so I cannot promise what my update schedule will look like.

Sorry for such a sloppy opening vote with all the write-ins but... yeah.

>> No. 136582
[x] Question the fairy (write-in)
-[x] Do you have any idea what happened in here after Miss Sakuya dropped you off?

I can't think of much more, sorry.
>> No. 136587
[x] Question the fairy.
-[x] How did you get inside?
-[x] What do you remember about what happened before we found you?
-[x] Are you okay with being sent here to work with me?

Hooray! Restorer in Gensokyo is back! I've missed this story!
>> No. 136616
[x] Question the fairy.
-[x] How did you get inside?
-[x] What do you remember about what happened before we found you?
-[x] Are you okay with being sent here to work with me?
>> No. 136618
[X] Question the fairy
• Are you okay?
• Can you tell us what happened here?
• Are you okay with being sent to work for me?
- If so, what sort of skills do you have?

Fairy apprentice, maybe? I'm glad this is back.
>> No. 136621
[X] Question the fairy.
-[X] How did you get inside?
-[X] What do you remember about what happened before we found you?
-[X] Are you okay with being sent here to work with me?

Wait, this picks up after the Christmas party, right? Weren't the kappa still working on her heating situation?
>You really should've brought a coat
She did bring a coat. Did Yukari take it back before they left?
>> No. 136657
[X] Question the fairy.
-[X] You got attacked? Do you feel okay? Is there anything we can do to help?
-[X] How did you get inside?
-[X] What do you remember about what happened before we found you?
-[X] Are you okay with being sent here to work with me?

She was assailed! This pure little fairy maid!

Think of the fairy maid, men!
>> No. 136664
File 130006364813.jpg - (1.49MB , 800x2200 , 71d7eddb2178918125009760da8d54db.jpg ) [iqdb]
136664
[x] Question the fairy.
-[x] How did you get inside?
-[x] What do you remember about what happened before we found you?
-[x] Are you okay with being sent here to work with me?

While you doubt the fairy was actually responsible, you were curious as to how she actually got inside. After all, you did lock the place up before you left...

“Excuse me Limstella, but how did you get inside? I'm certain I locked the door before I left...”

The fairy fidgeted nervously, “Ah, well when the chief maid dropped me off, I ah... think she may have picked the lock. I'm fairly certain it was locked when she left! I made sure, and she made sure!”

“Sounds reasonable enough, while I would picture the thief as having that sort of skill... well, it's not impossible. She may have had a key as well, considering who her mistress is.” added Yuuka with a slight shrug, “Faeries make terrible liars anyway, had she broken in somehow I could tell.”

You really didn't think the fairy or Sakuya, or anyone from the mansion really, was responsible. Considering how neat the mansion always was, if Sakuya ever broke in she'd probably be able to cover up any evidence of it by cleaning up the mess.

“I was just curious anyway, but moving along, what do you remember? I don't see a sign of forced entry, or even footprints or anything... just a giant mess everywhere.”

“I'm afraid I don't know much mistress Roots. I was merely getting used to your house, seeing how the rooms looked and all that. I heard a noise from downstairs and thought it may have been you returning home, but... I didn't see anyone. I didn't see who broke in, all I heard was the sounds of whatever it was searching through your kitchen before, I ah... I guess it attacked me. The only thing I remember next is being awoken by your friend here, mistress Roots.”

It was probably only in books or movies that you really got a clue from that it seems, still whatever had ransacked your home must've been particularly fast or difficult to see perhaps? You didn't know enough of Gensokyo to even have a clue as to what could've been responsible. You knew crow tengu were fast but, what would any of them have to do with trying to rob you? Particularly when nothing was taken, so what were they after in the first place? More questions and no answers. Troubling.

“Very well, thank you Limstella. Now on to a more personal matter,” you frown slightly and fold your arms under your chest, “you have no issue with being sent here to work for me? I don't know much about faeries or anything but, well... I wasn't really aware you could just, well... do that I guess.”

Limstella cocked her head to the side, her expression quizzical, “Excuse me mistress? I'm not sure I understand. Do you not require my services?”

“Excuse us a moment,” interrupted Yuuka, motioning for you to follow her, once she led you to the main room, she looked at you curiously, “I'm sorry little flower, I forgot you are still not familiar with all of Gensokyo's customs. While I myself do not fully understand them either, I know enough that faeries whom are made into servants tend to take that job rather seriously. Perhaps it is due to them being rather... simple-minded. It gives them purpose and they are happy with that, do not feel that keeping her is anything unusual.”

“But is it really alright to just put faeries into servitude like that? Can you just trade them away like that too? It makes them feel more like objects then people...”

The green-haired youkai smiled ever so slightly, “In honesty, faeries are viewed more as objects then anything. I do not mean this in an offensive matter, but it is simply how many see them. I assure you Reina, that there is nothing bad about having a fairy servant. If anything she could be useful, while I know you need to sell services to keep earning money for yourself, well, you could simply use her to help you out. It will free up your time, and it gives her something to do. If faeries aren't gainfully employed in some way, all they have to do otherwise is cause mischief, so why not channel that energy into something productive and rewarding?”

Well, that did make sense, and Yuuka made a good point about work... you were sure Remilia had put some thought into this as well, and it was rather rude to decline a 'gift'... even if the gift happened to be a living, breathing creature. Nodding to Yuuka you return the room, the fairy maid still firmly seated in her chair, the quizzical expression gone from her face, replaced with a neutral one.

“I'm sorry about that Limstella, as I was - “

“It's quite alright mistress Roots, I know you're not from Gensokyo. I apologize, I should've remembered you would not be familiar with certain things here.” the fairy smiled knowingly, “I'm not such a minor fairy that I could not hear your conversation, I apologize. I'm no grand fairy either of course, but ah, anyway... it would be my honor to serve you mistress Roots. I have no objects to it, and ah, in honesty I have heard nice things about you, so... well, I'm sure it'll be a pleasure to be in your service.”

You nod your head, extending your hand out towards the fairy, “Very well then, I'm glad to meet you Limstella. Out of curiosity, what did you exactly do back at the mansion?”

“A little bit of everything, which is kind of like saying not a whole lot. The chief maid handles most of the work really, there isn't very much for us to do after her... still, I ah, was somewhat in charge of a few faeries and I'm a quick learner! I can't say I'm very good at anything really, but I guess I'm a little good at anything. Perhaps only really good in a managing role or some such mistress Roots.”

“That's a rare talent for a fairy to have truth told Reina, many faeries do not handle any sort of leadership role well. I must admit, the vampire put quite a bit of thought into this, I should've suspected she wouldn't just gift you any common, run of the mill fairy.”

“I see, well I'll have to make sure to thank her when I see her again. And actually Limstella, could you ah, maybe not call me 'mistress'? Reina is fine, really.”

Limstella cocked her head to the side, her expression somewhat blank, “Mistress Reina then?”

The youkai chuckled as you could only shake your head with a slight sigh. You should've seen that coming.

- - -

Yuuka offered to stay the night, likely out of her desire to ensure the 'thief' did not attempt to return again. While you were sure the break-in was nothing serious, you knew her attempt to ask was merely a facade – she was going to stay one way or the other. Not that you objected to her staying the night of course. Limstella seemed quite awake, all things considered, and opted to tidy up the house while you slept. By morning, you wouldn't have even known the house had been broken into if you hadn't seen it first-hand last night.

“Excuse me, mistress Reina, as I was tidying the house I couldn't help but notice this.” the fairy motions to a small, non-chalet looking sack on the table, “It appears to contain money. But there was, ah, this note with it here...”

The note was written in rather sloppy handwriting but it mentioned the little sack contained some coin, and... wait, what!? They had taken your money and given you this instead?! What kind of robbery was that, taking your money and giving you some of it? Groaning you set the note aside and open the sack, peering at the coins within. It certainly wasn't a fortune of money, not that you ever owned a fortune, but... guess it was better then nothing. You were going to need the money to buy food and all that, and of course your donation to the Hakurei Shrine.

“My, my little flower... whoever your thief is has a rather entertaining sense of humor. I don't believe I've ever heard of a thief stealing your money, only to give some of it back for you.” teased the youkai with a smirk on her face.

“Well, at least it's better then nothing... and I do get that pay from Remilia so, I guess I'll be fine. I don't think all that much is really missing...”

- - -

Well, this is an interesting way to start the New Year...
[ ] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [ ] See Reimu
- [ ] Visit Marisa
- [ ] Return to the mansion and see... (write-in)
- [ ] Other
- [ ] Bring Yuuka along?
[ ] It's the New Year, may as well open it up by spending more time with Yuuka, right? (write-in)
[ ] Other

- - -

> Limstella's Report
Household funds: 2,000 Mon and 0 Ryo
Projected Income:
o Monthly salary: 500 Mon
Projected Expenses:
o Food: 50 Mon
o Donations: 100 Mon
Other: Nothing to report!

- - -

I'm probably going to end up revising that 'report' section a lot. I have the general idea all thought out but uh, it probably won't matter for a few updates. Maybe.
>> No. 136668
[x] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [x] See Reimu
-[x] Bring Yuuka with.

A mix of tradition and perhaps informing her of what happened. I smell a brewing incident.
>> No. 136693
[x] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [x] See Reimu
-[x] Bring Yuuka with you.

I've never understood the point of dropping a pronoun after "with." Who the hell popularized that?
>> No. 136695
[x] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [x] See Reimu
-[x] Bring Yuuka with you.
>> No. 136699
[x] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [x] See Reimu
-[x] Bring Yuuka with you.
>> No. 136721
[ø] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [ø] See Reimu

oh gods yes
>> No. 136738
[x] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [x] See Reimu
To bring Yuuka or not to bring Yuuka... damn it.
>> No. 136759
[x] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [x] See Reimu
-[x] Bring Yuuka with you.

Nice. My favorite story is back.
>> No. 136859
File 130017124683.jpg - (247.45KB , 650x700 , 280ac630040fa303451659fcb3a1f495.jpg ) [iqdb]
136859
[x] Maybe you should go see someone about this...
- [x] See Reimu
-[x] Bring Yuuka with you.

> January 2nd, Year 2 ~ Morning

Returning the coin purse to Limstella, you decide to start making some breakfast for yourself and your guests, making a note to also make something to bring to Reimu. This sounds like something she'd want to know, both as a friend, and well... financially as well perhaps. Not that you foresaw any money problems in the near future.

“Yuuka, would you mind accompanying me to the shrine? I think Reimu would like to know what happened.” you ask the youkai over breakfast.

The youkai shrugs her shoulders slightly, “I do not see a problem with it. I have nothing else planned for today. Will you be entrusting your house to the fairy then?”

“I don't see a problem with it, besides I think she's still trying to get her bearing around here anyway. She did mention she wanted to move onto doing an inventory and all that, then an inspection of the rooms... I'm not sure how she has all that energy really, especially after last night and cleaning up the mess.”

“Faeries can be quite energetic sometimes, but don't worry too much about her little flower. They're perfectly capable of taking care of themselves. Quite low maintenance as well, they don't need to eat much and don't even require a proper bed to sleep on.”

“Excuse me mistress Reina,” interrupted Limstella, walking into the room a clipboard in hand, “if you could just help me by answering some of my questions here, this is a bit of a new type of work for me really...”

- - - Afternoon

Limstella opted to stay home, in order to continue her inventory and all that – you weren't really sure what the fairy was up too, but she seemed to know what she was doing. Plus you didn't suspect anyone would break into the house again, or you sure hoped not. Still, you couldn't just bunker up at home and you wanted to tell Reimu anyway, she did seem like the law around here.

The trip to the shrine was uneventful, as always, and the shrine was as empty as, well... always. You were kind of hoping to see things a bit more lively, but... seems not even the day after New Year's was a day to visit the shrine for people. It was kind of out of the way but... well, whatever.

“Hellooooo? Reimu? You here?” you announce, heading towards the entrance of the shrine.

“Oi? Hmmm, that voice sounds kinda familiar! 'Ey Reimu, I think you've got a visitor!” replied a voice from within.

As you entered the shrine itself, you catch sight of Reimu off to the side waving you over in her direction. Now you couldn't be certain, but you could see a bottle in her hand and there did seem to be a slight blush to her cheeks.

“Reimu... a-are you drunk? It's barely noon!”

The shrine maiden lifts the bottle to examine it and shrugs slightly, “I wouldn't say I'm drunk, maybe tipsy. And hey, so what? It's not like you're my mom or anything Reina... 'sides its the day after New Year's. I'm just continuing the drinking from last night anyway.”

Stumbling out from behind Reimu was a small, child-like figure with big horns, whom you recognized as Suika Ibuki, the resident oni you seem to recall meeting sometime last year.

“Knew it was you! Nice ta see you again Reina, it's been a while hasn't it? Didn't see you at the party, but hey you're here now! Come on, come on – oh, look you even brought Yuuka! The more the merrier, come on, come on!”

The green-haired youkai chuckled in amusement, slowly shaking her head, “My, my... well, I'm glad you brought me along Reina. This is a amusing sight to behold first hand. Not that I can say drinking at this time of bad is unusual around here...”

Supressing another sigh, you follow along with Reimu and Suika who lead you to a room where you can see several bottles set up on the table and some cups. As the oni urges you to take a seat at the table, the shrine maiden goes to fetch additional cups. Once everything is set up, she pours you and Yuuka something from the bottle in her hand.

“So tell me Reina, what brings you here? Not that I ever object to seeing you of course.”

“Well, actually I wanted to share some news with you. See, when I came home from the party last night...”

As you explain last night's events to Reimu, she stops her drinking to listen to you, a mild frown on her face. Suika and Yuuka seem unnerved however and merely sit in silence, drinking away. At the end of your story the miko furrows her brow in worry.

“That's highly unusual. The only thief-like person around is Marisa but if she broke in, well, you'd know. Probably be a big Master Spark shaped hole where your door used to be, plus you'd notice things missing. Whoever, or whatever, broke into your house... seems to have been after something very specific. Still, I haven't a clue, but thank you for telling me Reina.” she pauses to take a drink from her cup, “I'll see what I can do. I'll at least drop by, see if I can't find anything. But ah, you know not to change the subject or anything but, if you're here already well... I can't help but notice you haven't touched your drink. And it's not like waiting a day or two will really matter right? I'll even come stay the night, that way if they try to come back they can meet me face-to-face.” boasted the brown-haired girl with a laugh.

“Yeah come on Reina! The day is still young, live it up, take a drink!” added the oni with a cheer, stopping to drink heavily from her gourd, “'Sides, nothin' gets done by just sittin' around and fretting about it. With friends like Reimu and Yuuka, there's nothin' around that'll get past them. They'll figure out your thief problem in no time!”

You peer at the cup of alcohol in front of you, they did kind of make good points but... you didn't really have much of an alcohol tolerance did you? Still, everyone else was enjoying themselves, and here you were all worrying about some break-in that seems to have resulted in nothing being taken anyway. Maybe you could just put off any investigating for a day or two...

- - -

Party, or try to get everyone to focus on the problem at hand, hmm...
[ ] Eh, they're right. If it turns out to be serious, well, Reimu will be there!
- [ ] … Even so, you should probably only drink a little bit.
- [ ] Live it up, drink and drink woohoo!
- [ ] Other?
[ ] Well taking it easy isn't bad, but you'd prefer doing that back home... just in case.
[ ] Why is no one taking this seriously? What if it's something worse?
[ ] Other (write-in)
>> No. 136863
[X] Why is no one taking this seriously? What if it's something worse?

Whoever it was could have been after Reina's grimoire. That's something she can't afford to have stolen.

>Not that I can say drinking at this time of bad is unusual around here...
Should that be "this time of day"?
>> No. 136865
Poor Reimu, she needs a girl in her life (wink wink).

[ø] Eh, they're right. If it turns out to be serious, well, Reimu will be there!
- [ø] … Even so, you should probably only drink a little bit.

I can't remember if Yuuka and Yukari are in good terms or not. If they are,
- [ø] Ask Reimu if there's any possible ways to contact Yukari, since she might have a clue regarding the break-in.

So what happened to Reina's Grimoire, or has that been retconned in v2? I have to wonder if the break-in has something to do with the Grimoire. After all, many of the past owners met gruesome ends, which has me wondering if who/whatever that is responsible for their death is the culprit behind the break-in as well.
>> No. 136890
[X] Why is no one taking this seriously? What if it's something worse?
No book means no Reina. She, uh, kind of dies no?
>> No. 136904
>>136863
See, that's the kind of mistake I make when I write this late at night-ish and somehow don't catch such a terrible mistake during a proofread.

>>136865
She still has it I just don't think I need to make note of it constantly, considering as another anon said she kind of needs it.
>> No. 136906
[X] Why is no one taking this seriously? What if it's something worse?
>> No. 136980
[x] Why is no one taking this seriously? What if it's something worse?

I'LL DRINK WHEN I'M CALM, DAMMIT

>>136904
That's why you have other people proofread. Sort of the entire point, there.
>> No. 136984
[x] Eh, they're right. If it turns out to be serious, well, Reimu will be there!
- [x] … Even so, you should probably only drink a little bit.
- [x] Ask Reimu if there's any possible ways to contact Yukari, since she might have a clue regarding the break-in.

We should at least contact Yukari somehow in case she noticed anything.
>> No. 136991
File 130025305090.jpg - (738.14KB , 1200x1200 , 6c99e70a949c0f9fa7534a677f19b139.jpg ) [iqdb]
136991
[X] Why is no one taking this seriously? What if it's something worse?

> January 2nd, Year 2 ~ Afternoon

You shake your head, “Come on, I'm being serious. This whole thing has me worried, I don't exactly expect break-ins to be common around here, especially if nothing was taken from the house. That means whoever did it was looking for something in particular, and the question is what they were looking for.”

“Well, what do you own that's even all that valuable? Heck, they even gave you some of the money back, though I'm not sure why they even took it in the first place if they're just gonna give some back but...” mused the oni with a shrug.

The shrine maiden's eyes flicked down to the grimoire at your side, “... They couldn't have been after that dusty old thing could they? It's just an empty old book, not even Patchouli could figure much out about it. She's the most powerful magician I know and even she didn't want the thing. I doubt anyone in the village would want it, it's not like the thing is studded with gold or something valuable...”

“Who would even know she owns it? I do not imagine it is exactly common knowledge, many people have seen her with it yes, but few would guess it was anything more then just a book she carries – as you said shrine maiden, it does not appear to be of any value, and nothing identifies it as a grimoire.”

The oni shook her head, “Oi, guess we'll be goin' to Reina's then. All this line of thinkin' is gonna just get you two all paranoid so why don't we just go to her house already? Reimu can go pokin' around, see if she can find anything, I'd guess Yuuka didn't see anything out of the ordinary... I guess I'll see if I can find anything.”

“I suppose we may as well, you kinda killed the mood in here Reina,” said the miko teasingly, “just ah, lemme finish the last of this cup here and we'll go...”

- - - Evening


Despite the house having been quite cleaned since the break-in, Reimu insisted there were other things to search for then physical clues or evidence. Limstella was also questioned once more by the shrine maiden, whom ended up giving an essentially identical story as last time, but Reimu insisted it was the way you investigate things – and she was a bit curious to learn about your new fairy servant.

“You have no idea why anyone would be looking for your grimoire?” asked the oni curiously, casually taking a swig from her gourd.

“I can't think of any reason, I don't exactly go around telling people about it... and even if I did, I haven't seen anyone express any interest in obtaining it.”

Suika rubbed her chin in thought, “Never figured it'd be that easy. Doesn't really make it easy to figure out anythin' when you've got nothing to go off. Someone breaks in, messes up the place, but doesn't really take anything. Only knocks out a fairy, doesn't even do any real harm... I guess they really must've been after that grimoire of your, or maybe they just broke into your house for kicks. Either theory works really.”

“I-I don't really think anyone around here breaks into places for kicks Suika...”

“Marisa maybe, but this isn't really her style. You know, considerin' nothing was missing and all that. Still, I really think you're just worrying over nothing, I mean who could want some boring old blank book?”

Reimu frowned at the drunken oni, “Just because no one has figured out anything about it, doesn't mean it isn't worth something to someone. I figure any grimoire has some kinda power, even if Reina's isn't in anyway obvious. Anyway, I've looked around quite a bit, did a bit of spiritual and magical searching, but well... I still don't have a clue.

“All I know is, whoever did this did leave some very faint energies behind. So it wasn't a human, not that I suspected one in the first place. It could be a youkai, but the residue is too faint to even tell, all I know is it was strong enough to actually have anything to leave behind.”

“Well, at least we know it's at least a youkai of some minor power.” added Yuuka comfortingly, “So we at least know it's something we can easily protect against if need be, isn't that right shrine maiden?”

“Speaking of that, there's really no need for us all too stay around. I mean, this is Reina's house and all, plus I doubt she really has the room for it all. Her fairy needs a place to sleep, so... well, I figure just one of us is more then enough. If Reina wants anyone of course.”

“Excuse the interruption, but may I speak to mistress Reina a moment?” inquired the fairy carefully.

“Huh? Oh, yeah sure don't worry about it.”

Limstella motioned for you to follow her, leading you to your workshop - which you noted was cleaned quite nicely – and showed you the clipboard she had been carrying around this morning. Within were several pages of notes, ranging from inventory to even measurements of the rooms in the house.

“Wow... these are some really detailed findings Limstella, you sure put a lot of effort into this.”

“I thank you for your praise mistress Reina. While I have gathered all the information I can think of, there's not much else to be done I'm afraid. I have heard of the kind of work you do from mistress Scarlet, and I think you could easily recruit some helpers to, well, help you with it. Perhaps even expand your dealings to other things as well, but I don't think you can do too much with what you have right now... I think the kappa in the village could help with that, but I merely suggest mistress. You may return to your business, mistress.”

- - -

Well, now what to do?
[ ] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [ ] Have Yuuka stay the night with you?
- [ ] Have Reimu stay the night
- [ ] Hey, does Suika count?
- [ ] Well, why couldn't you have two of them stay? (write-in)
[ ] You don't think anything is going to happen, they need not stay the night for your sake.
[ ] Perhaps you could use this situation as an excuse to stay over with someone for the night instead... (write-in)
[ ] Other?
>> No. 137003
[x] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [x] Have Reimu stay the night
>> No. 137015
[x] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [x] Have Reimu stay the night
>> No. 137026
[x] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [x] Have Yuuka stay the night with you?
Delaings with the Kappa? Sounds good.
>> No. 137036
File 130028574349.jpg - (103.38KB , 706x500 , af5df0635457163574d038537d34e8dd.jpg ) [iqdb]
137036
[c] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [c] Have Reimu stay the night.

Thank you for bringing this story back. I missed it so much and I missed RiG's Yuuka, too.
>> No. 137039
[x] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [x] Have Reimu stay the night
>> No. 137084
[x] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [x] Have Yuuka stay the night.

Reimu, schreimu
>> No. 137133
[x] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [x] Have Yuuka stay the night with you?
>> No. 137141
I wish Valeria would talk more.


Pissing against the tide, etc
[ø] Perhaps you could use this situation as an excuse to stay over with someone for the night instead... (write-in)
- [ø] Stay at the shrine for the night
-- [ø] see if Reimu's okay with the idea of Yuuka possibly staying over as well, and and invite Yuuka to stay the night at the shrine.
>> No. 137168
[X] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
-[X] Have Yuuka stay the night with you?

Reimu is nice and all, but Yuuka and her strong embrace would be so very reassuring.
>> No. 137218
[X] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [X] Have Reimu stay the night

It'll be convenient to have her there if we decide to train tomorrow.
>> No. 137371
File 130046920274.jpg - (251.75KB , 500x600 , bcb5024b29674b01bcb8a8c46da376d1.jpg ) [iqdb]
137371
[X] It's possible that whoever broke in might return tonight...
- [X] Have Reimu stay the night

> January 2nd, Year 2 ~ Evening

“Thanks for taking time out of your day to help look into this whole mess, I appreciate it.”

“Think nothing of it little flower, crime isn't something that occurs often here... especially such particular crime.”

The shrine maiden shrugged, “It's just part of the job. Still, this whole thing bugs me. It's not normal, and I've never seen anything like it before. Really hate it when the status quo is broken and you can't just go beat some sense into people until they lead you to the culprit.”

“How you manage to solve incidents like that is still a bit of a mystery to me Reimu. But hey, whose to say we can't solve this one like that eh? You just gotta find the right people to beat first, then it'll be just like old times!” announced the oni with a toothy grin.

“I have a, ah... bit of a little request for you Reimu. I know you offered back at the shrine and all but, well, could I actually take you up on the offer? I mean, would you mind staying the night, just in case something happens?” you ask nervously.

“Sure I don't mind, I was serious when I suggested it. Watch the shrine for me tonight, alright Suika? Just er, don't make a huge mess. And no parties or anything silly like that.”

Suika nodded and snapped off a lazy salute, “Of course, of course. Well I'll be goin' now, have a good night!”

“I shall take my leave as well then, I will entrust your care to the shrine maiden for the night. Have a good night, little flower.”

Reimu watched Suika and Yuuka depart, before turning her attention to you, “I really don't know how you do it Reina. Yuuka almost sounds... fond of you sometimes. I have to admit, I think I'm just a little jealous of your friend-making talents, I can hardly get more then a 'shrine maiden' out of her.”

“I've said it before, I'll say it again – I don't get how people are afraid of her. She's such a nice person. Now, I know you haven't said anything related to the subject, but I bet you're just dieing for me to start making some dinner, aren't you?” you tease with a smile.

“Well, you know how much I love your cooking!”

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Morning

Your sleep was actually rather peaceful and relaxing, not something you had actually expected. Two days since the break-in and you hadn't heard anything from Valeria, this struck you as somewhat unusual. Perhaps it wasn't as important as you thought it was, or perhaps she was merely thinking... who knew really? You certainly didn't know anything about how voices in ones head are supposed to work, or whatever she was exactly.

Still, getting a good night's sleep was always good. Noting that Reimu was still asleep in bed, you went about your morning routine as quietly as you could, the poor shrine maiden did seem to love her sleep – now whenever this was because she was genuinely tired, or just lazy, you couldn't say for sure...

Downstairs, you found Limstella already out and about – she had asked to convert your spare room into her own room for now – and greeted you with a curtsey.

“Good morning mistress Reina. I thought of preparing breakfast for you, but from what I saw last night you seem to enjoy cooking and I'm not sure what your tastes actually are.”

“That's quite alright, have you been up long? Looks like you're doing something.”

The fairy nodded, “I got a good night's sleep don't worry mistress, I've been spending some of the time preparing some things I wish you to look over... I could've done so last night, but I wanted you to get a good night's rest first.”

“Oh? Sounds important then, what did you want to show me?”

“I'm unsure if you wish to do so, but in line of helping you with your ah... business, I've been doing a little bit of scouting work. I've had time to prepare as mistress Scarlet told me in advance of what I will be doing. I've just been collecting information on people for hire, not that I can see you being able to house too many but... I leave it up to you. I've left the information in your workshop, feel free to look it over at your leisure.

“Ah yes, if you do not object mistress Reina, would you mind if I would go out and start inquiring about work? I will make sure to only see about work that I believe we have the capability to accomplish of course.”

“Oh. Uhm, yeah sure I don't mind at all. You sure are a hard worker...”

- - -

Well, nothing happened, that's good... so now what?
[ ] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?
[ ] Maybe you should do something with Reimu... (write-in)
[ ] Better wait for Reimu to wake up and then go out to see someone? (write-in)
[ ] Other? (write-in)

- - -

> Restorer in Gensokyo 2 information from the writer
So now I'm going to start introducing the new idea I thought of. Rather then make Reina do all the work, you can now go about hiring workers to do it for you! And you can do other things then just furniture, depending on what kind of workers you get. Although you can only house so many workers without needing the kappa to work on the house.

They can also do other things to your house of course. You can also feel free to completely ignore this and survive off Reina's income if you want!
>> No. 137373
[x] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?

We should think of a company name once we expand and become an influential business in Gensokyo.
>> No. 137374
[X] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?

>And you can do other things then just furniture, depending on what kind of workers you get.
Hmm... I'd think most skilled craftsmen would already own a workshop or work for someone else, and the people for hire would be looking for an apprenticeship. Gotta keep in mind that Gensokyo is a pre-Industrial Revolution society.
>> No. 137375
[ø] Maybe you should do something with Reimu...
-[ø] cuddle with her.
[ø] Ask Reimu if there's any possible ways to contact Yukari, since she might have a clue regarding the break-in.
>> No. 137376
[x] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?
>> No. 137382
[X] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?
>> No. 137531
[X] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?

Gotta get business sorted out, and it would be best to do that early.
>> No. 137539
[X] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?
>> No. 137558
[X] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?
>> No. 137846
File 130073508630.jpg - (70.14KB , 500x743 , accaac6b4c0c95df71c46707ce23f54c.jpg ) [iqdb]
137846
[X] Guess you'll look over those 'applications'?

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Morning

Limstella did put quite a bit of work into gathering all this for you, and you have to admit you were kind of curious as to what she found. You didn't exactly remember walking down the streets of the village and seeing anyone needing a job, nor anyone actually coming up to ask for one.

“Ah, where did you exactly leave those papers Limstella?”

“On your workbench, you can't miss it mistress Reina. Should I leave shrine maiden Hakurei asleep, or...?”

“Don't worry about it, she likes to sleep and I'm sure she won't like being woken up. Just let me know if you hear her stirring or something so I can get to making breakfast, actually if you could, mind getting some things ready for me to use? Save me a bit of time and all that.”

The fairy curtsied, “Of course mistress Reina.”

While there wasn't exactly a mountain of paperwork in your workshop, there was a neat little stack on your workbench as she said. The 'applications' all had the same handwriting so you guessed Limstella had written them herself, rather then have the 'applicant' write it – which made sense you suppose, she did say she gathered all this herself rather then it came to her.

Each of the papers was quite detailed in its information, giving vital information such as the applicant's name and what talent they had, important things like that. You also noticed not one of them was a human. This made sense however, you had to imagine there weren't many people in the village who weren't employed, so logically the next source of workers would have to be with friendly youkai. That fairy really knew what she was doing, that's for sure.

- - -

> Limstella's applications
Limstella's Note: I would only recommend selecting one, this kind of work is a bit different from what you may be used to mistress Reina. They will require a place to stay, specifically here and I believe your spare room will only help one other person besides me. For ease I have simplified some things to prevent you from having to read over too much. For 'wages' I have simply combined all predicted costs of hiring, that is their own actual 'wage' and the cost of food – again a difference from human practices I'm sure.

> Shinju – Fairy
> Wage: 20 mon per month
> Skills: Woodworker, herbalist

> Yuki – Fairy
> Wage: 20 mon per month
> Skills: Woodcrafter, fishing

> Miski – Fairy
>Wage: 20 mon per month
> Skills: Herbalist, gardening

> Limstella's note: The difference between woodworker and woodcrafter is that a worker makes larger things, think chairs or tables. A crafter makes smaller things, like charms or cups.

- - -

Hmmm...
[ ] Select an application? (pick one)
[ ] Well Reimu is already over...
- [ ] Go out and do something! (write-in)
- [ ] Perhaps do some training? (Danmaku or martial arts)
- [ ] Other? (write-in)
[ ] Better get Reimu on home and then go do something (write-in)
[ ] Other? (write-in)

Author's Note: I hated this update. That is all.
>> No. 137848
[X] Select an application? (Shinju)
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
-[X] Snuggle time!

Woodworker seems more useful as we don't have much experience at large scale work.
>> No. 137859
[X] Select an application? (Shinju)
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
- [X] Perhaps do some training? (Danmaku)

Start with someone who can help out on the bigger projects, and once the money situation is good, branch out based on market conditions. Also, if there's going to be exploration later on, Reina needs to develop flight skills.
>> No. 137892
[X] Select an application? (Miski)
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
-[X] Snuggle time!
>> No. 137912
>>137848

Actually, Reina has done mostly large scale work so far. Most of her projects so far have been chairs, and tables, and the like.

[X] Select an application? (Shinju)
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
- [X] Perhaps do some training? (Danmaku)

That said, we could probably use an assistant to streamline and speed up our main income method before we branch out into other fields.
>> No. 137962
[X] Select an application? (Shinju)
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
- [X] Perhaps do some training? (Danmaku)
>> No. 137984
[ø] Select an application? (Shinju)
[ø] Well Reimu is already over...
-[ø] Snuggle time!

Training can wait.
>> No. 137988
[X] Select an application? (Yuki)
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
- [X] Perhaps do some training? (Danmaku)
The bigger the project, the longer the time. She could use help on that area
>> No. 137993
>>137988
>The bigger the project, the longer the time. She could use help on that area
You'll want to change your vote, then. Yuki is the one who does small crafts.
>> No. 137996
[X] Select an application? (Miski)
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
-[X] Snuggle time!
>> No. 138312
Hrmmm, interesting. Lack of updates because I'm a lazy fag whose gotten distracted playing video games. I won't lie to you. Got my PSP to work again and then some games came out I wanted to play...

Anyway, tie between either training with Reimu, or snuggling her. Shinju should be the fairy hired unless something crazy happens. I didn't count sub-options if Shinju wasn't picked by the way.

I'll wait an hour or two, if still tied I'll just pick at random.
>> No. 138317
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
-[X] Snuggle time!

This miko, Reina must snuggle.
>> No. 138321
File 130120641348.jpg - (274.51KB , 700x700 , 1672b3b2d7f0e7c6f978ee54a49797af.jpg ) [iqdb]
138321
[X] Select an application? (Shinju)
[X] Well Reimu is already over...
-[X] Snuggle time!

- - -

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Morning

Well all of the applications looked good really, but given what Limstella said – and you having no reason to really disbelieve anything she says – you could only pick one. Perhaps it was a good thing these weren't real applications, turning down any of them shouldn't cause them any kind of worry or anything... they probably didn't even know Limstella had selected them. Maybe. Anyway, that wasn't your concern, that was her job after all.

You were just babbling to yourself right now anyway. Shinju looked like a pretty good choice, you had done a lot of work on 'larger' projects, so her talents should naturally compliment any of the jobs you've received before. Probably best to focus on what you knew and all that before seeing if you could branch out or something, to be honest you never really thought of your 'business' in this way – it was far different managing a business when I was just you, now you had workers! Sort of.

“Excuse me, Limstella?” you called out.

The fairy floated into the room and curtsied, “Yes mistress?”

“Thank you for all the work gathering up all this, here's what I picked...” you hand her Shinju's paper, “uhm, that's all I need to do right?”

“I'll take care of the rest. I think I'll be done by later today perhaps, or by early tomorrow... enjoy your day mistress, I do believe lady Hakurei is still sleeping. I have also prepared the kitchen for breakfast, whenever you wish to cook.”

“Thank you very much Limstella. I have to hand it to you, you really know what you're doing.”

Limstella merely nodded and curtsied, “It's my job. Good day to you mistress, I will attend to the hiring.”

Neatly storing away the other two applications – she didn't say you couldn't keep them for later after all – you got up from your desk and stretched. Well, you could get around to making breakfast now and wake Reimu up with the smell of food perhaps... but she was still asleep, and you knew she did so love her sleep. Maybe you could try to surprise her or something, herald in the New Year with something she didn't expect!

As you quietly crept up the stairs – sure she was a bit of a heavy sleeper but this somehow felt appropriate – you quickly began to think of your options and eliminating some before you even arrived in your room. Peering into your room, you could still see the lump in the bed that was Reimu, the gentle rise and fall of a part of the sheets confirming she was still sound asleep.

Creeping over to the bed you decide on your plan of action then and there. Carefully sliding under the covers, doing your best to limit the movements that would cause to the mattress, you slide up against her back and gently wrap your arms around her waist, holding her lightly yet just enough to bring her a little closer to you.

You could only feel the slightest tense when you did this, the shrine maiden seeming to make no effort to stop you. Whenever this was because she was still asleep or she didn't care, you couldn't really tell. Sure you could probably try to see her face and see, but that might kind of ruin the moment. If she didn't like it, well you were sure she'd do something a bit more forceful. Unless she was still sound asleep of course, in which case perhaps you were taking advantage of the situation? Maybe this wasn't the best idea, after all she wasn't awake to object or accept right? Perhaps you should -

“Well, good morning to you too Reina. Here I thought you'd just get up and go make breakfast or something.”

“You don't mind do you? I mean, I considered it but well... this idea kind of won out in my head, I'm not really sure why. If you don't like it - “

“I didn't say that! If I didn't want you doing it, trust me you'd know. It's just... different. Not in a bad way of course just, different. Not used to it and all. Yukari did this kind of thing from time to time, but it was, well, different. I can't really explain it, so just trust me on this one.” the shrine maiden chuckled, “You'll still make breakfast right?”

With a laugh you tighten the hold you have on her waist a bit, “Of course, of course. Would I ever deny you a meal Reimu? Just ah, you know... no hurry and all that. You don't have any plans or anything right?”

“Nothing important anyway. Just daily routine things that I don't really have to get around to anytime soon or anything.” Reimu yawned lightly and squirmed a bit, “I'm just going to nap a bit longer if you don't mind... and uhm, if you could just... stay here until I'm done or... something? If it's not a problem of course! I'll understand if you'd rather go do something...”

- - -

Well, you didn't really have to go right about now... right?
[ ] Just stay here and nap with Reimu until she wakes up.
[ ] Wait until you're sure she's asleep before sneaking off to make breakfast.
[ ] Politely decline and go make breakfast.
[ ] Other (write-in)
>> No. 138322
Bedtop sports, for indoor types.
[x] Wait until you're sure she's asleep before sneaking off to make breakfast.
[x] Breakfast in bed with Reimu!
>> No. 138342
[x] Wait until you're sure she's asleep before sneaking off to make breakfast.
[x] Breakfast in bed with Reimu!

Yes.
>> No. 138353
[x] Wait until you're sure she's asleep before sneaking off to make breakfast.
[x] Breakfast in bed with Reimu!
>> No. 138364
>>138322
you sir, have won the internets

[ø] Wait until you're sure she's asleep before sneaking off to make breakfast.
[ø] Breakfast in bed with Reimu!
>> No. 138366
[x] Wait until you're sure she's asleep before sneaking off to make breakfast.
[x] Breakfast in bed with Reimu
>> No. 138779
File 130162886360.jpg - (150.31KB , 500x700 , e76b2aaac5c14a492347404654a9838d.jpg ) [iqdb]
138779
[x] Wait until you're sure she's asleep before sneaking off to make breakfast.
[x] Breakfast in bed with Reimu!

- - -

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Morning

“A morning nap sounds pretty good actually, maybe your habits are starting to rub off on me sometimes Reimu.” you tease slyly.

The shrine maiden chuckles, “And people try to say I'm a bad influence! Now we just need to work on your alcohol tendencies perhaps... oh and some more training but ah, for now... nap.”

You yawn and gently rest your head against her back, closing your eyes... and occasionally opening your eyes to see if Reimu had fallen asleep yet. While a nap sounded kind of nice, you wanted to surprise her when she woke up with some breakfast. This did give you a good time to think of what to make. If you wanted to keep the element of surprise, you'd have to make sure it's not something that'd make too much noise – or rather, something that didn't smell too good. Reimu's nose was probably more attuned then her ears really.

Perhaps some waffles and scrambled eggs? Hmmm, the eggs might wake her up. Perhaps something more simple, but that seemed to lack a certain something to it. Certainly not just some cereal or something, no no, cooking had to take place. Had to feel personal or, something... decisions, decisions...

As the thoughts of breakfast cooking raced in your head, you eventually snap out of it when you notice Reimu's breathing becoming steady and take it as a sign that she's fallen asleep. Carefully removing yourself from the embrace around her waist, you creep out of the bed and quietly close the door behind you.

You then nearly run over Limstella, whom seemed to have been waiting outside your room. Before you can even murmur an apology, the fairy curtsies apologetically.

“Planning on breakfast in bed mistress Reina? If you do not mind, I have a little... something here, but it should help mask any smells you make from cooking. It won't help with sound but...”

“That sounds rather handy actually... thanks. Ah, how did you know anyway?”

The fairy smiled, “Intuition mistress. I've set out some trays for you as well, enjoy.”

~

With Limstella in tow, carrying your tray of food, you re-enter your room carefully carrying a tray containing Reimu's breakfast. You notice the girl move slightly in her sleep and groan.

“Rise and shine Reimu! I've got a surprise for you!”

The shrine maiden groans again, “Five more minu- wait a...” you think you can hear her sniffing, “something smells wonderful...”

Reimu yawns and sits up in bed, looking over to you, then down to the food. Her eyes light up in surprise as a grin grows on her face, “Breakfast! And in bed even! I don't think I've ever had that. Well, I mean aside from on my own... and in a futon. Which I guess is kind of different, right? A-anyway, thank you Reina! I'm starved.”

Smiling you offer the tray to her, which she takes happily and carefully sets up. Limstella hands you your own, then curtsies and departs the room. Getting into bed yourself, you also set up your own tray and offer Reimu a smile.

“I have to say Reina, I didn't expect this at all. You know, if you ever get married you'll make a great housewife I think. And ah, I don't mean that in any bad way or anything! Uhm, not that I'm sure how it could be but uhm, well, you get what I mean, right?” chuckles the brown-haired girl nervously.

“I'm not sure either, but I appreciate the comment. I can't say I've really thought about it, getting married that is. Was always too busy with things back home, and well, I was never your typical girl and all that. How about you Reimu? Have you ever thought about it?”

Reimu chewed on some food thoughtfully, “Not really. Seems to be a growing trend among the younger girls in the village though it seems. Still, can't say it has crossed my mind now that you mention it... which may not be a good thing. Being the last Hakurei and all, I... should probably have considered this at some point.”

“You're still young, you've got plenty of time to think about it, don't stress out about it. After all, if you're going to get married you should do it because you want too, and with someone you love. There's no reason to just get married for the sake of it or something, right? At least, that's what I think.”

“Perhaps, perhaps. Still, this is a bit more of an important issue then you think. But ah, let's not dwell on that, as you said I've got plenty of years ahead of me.”

The two of you talked as you ate, sharing opinions and gossip, smiles and laughter being shared. Still, you couldn't help but notice that every once in a while, a brief look of concern would flash across Reimu's face. You didn't consider bringing it up, but you couldn't help but wonder what was on her mind. Was it something you said? You didn't remember seeing that look before...

- - -

Afternoon plans?
[ ] More Reimu time! (write-in)
[ ] Better go out somewhere... (write-in)
[ ] See if Limstella knows of any work that needs doing or anything.
[ ] Other (write-in)

Sorry on how long this took. Getting used to work again and all that. Plus games.

I need to find more Reimu pictures dangit, I'm recycling now I just know it.
>> No. 138890
[X] You had better go out and visit Yuuka. That robbery and the hectic aftermath spoiled the end of your night with her, and you never got the chance to thank her. It would be a shame not to set that right.

Reimu can tag along, if she likes. In fact, it might be wise to get together with them for some more training in light of the robbery, and in light of what happened when visiting Yukari.
>> No. 138894
[x] Train with Reimu
[x] Then check with Limstella for any jobs she's heard about.
>> No. 138916
[X] You had better go out and visit Yuuka. That robbery and the hectic aftermath spoiled the end of your night with her, and you never got the chance to thank her. It would be a shame not to set that right.
>> No. 138918
[x] You had better go out and visit Yuuka. That robbery and the hectic aftermath spoiled the end of your night with her, and you never got the chance to thank her. It would be a shame not to set that right.

More Yuuka time~
>> No. 138944
[X] You had better go out and visit Yuuka. That robbery and the hectic aftermath spoiled the end of your night with her, and you never got the chance to thank her. It would be a shame not to set that right.
-[X] Bring Reimu.
>> No. 138947
[X] Train with Reimu

We've got her here, let's stop putting this off.

>you never got the chance to thank [Yuuka]
...
>“Thanks for taking time out of your day to help look into this whole mess, I appreciate it.”
>“Think nothing of it little flower, crime isn't something that occurs often here... especially such particular crime.”
>> No. 138948
>>138947

I meant more thanking her for the swell time at the party, not thanking her for taking the time to watch over Reina.
>> No. 139134
Hmmm, before I start writing the over-due update, is the intention to follow the original suggestion of the write-in? That is, to ask if Reimu wishes to come along, or did the other votes not mean to imply this?

It's kind of an important little detail I wouldn't want to miss.
>> No. 139145
I forget, it's safe to visit Yuuka or not? Regardless, I'll vote to ask Reimu to tag along.

[X] You had better go out and visit Yuuka. That robbery and the hectic aftermath spoiled the end of your night with her, and you never got the chance to thank her. It would be a shame not to set that right.
-[X] Bring Reimu.
>> No. 139451
File 130238583496.jpg - (203.69KB , 850x749 , sample-8a40ba0986627b503a406cd586430e24.jpg ) [iqdb]
139451
[X] You had better go out and visit Yuuka. That robbery and the hectic aftermath spoiled the end of your night with her, and you never got the chance to thank her. It would be a shame not to set that right.
-[X] Bring Reimu.

- - -

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Morning

Reimu stretched and sighed contently as she finished off the last of her food, the plates practically licked clean. You had finished all your food as well, but you knew you had cooked up Reimu a bit more, if not at least twice as much, and yet she packed it all away... that girl really did have a crazy appetite.

“Ah, that hit the spot. I know I say this a lot, but thanks again Reina. Think you can do this for me everytime I stay the night?” she asked with a grin.

“I don't see why not, you know I don't mind cooking for you even if you don't stay the night you know. It's nice to see others enjoy my cooking, it's very different from just cooking for yourself. I mean, you need to think about what the others would like and then you need to take extra care to make sure it comes out good, so as to make it look presentable... stuff like that.”

The shrine maiden fixed you with an odd look, “I think you're thinking into that waaaaay too much Reina. Food is food, don't need to make it look all fancy or something. But hey, whatever you like I guess. You mind if I use your bathroom? You have a kind of ah... what do they call it... like a hot spring, but it's in a tub and uhm... water comes from the ah...”

“You mean a bath? Yeah I have one... I guess I forget that is something kind of special around here, isn't it? Flowing water and all that and... somehow plumbing... probably best to not think about it. But anyway, sure! Feel free to use it Reimu. Here, just let me kind of give you a little tour of it all so you don't burn yourself or something on accident...”

It didn't take too long to give Reimu a quick little demonstration of how to use the bath, and then explain the soap and shampoo, stuff like that. Things that seem so natural to you, yet you forget they're probably something very strange and foreign in a place like Gensokyo. Then again, you swear you've seen some 'outsider' things in the village before, so perhaps they're just foreign to Reimu, living alone in that shrine...

“Excuse me mistress Reina, you have a visitor. She came in through the window, but she insisted she was a friend, and that it was her usual method of entry, so...”

That was without a doubt Aya, you sigh and shake your head, “I'll go see her then. Sorry to ask Limstella, but could you take care of the dishes for me then?”

“Think nothing of it. She's waiting for you downstairs.”

The black-haired reporter was seated on the counter of your shop, swaying her legs as she waited for you. Upon seeing you she grinned and hopped off, waving to you.

“I can't believe you'd just not tell me about the whole break-in! Instead I have to go and hear it from a friend, that knows a friend, that heard it from a friend... that kind of thing. I'm just so heartbroken over this betrayal!” pouted the tengu, her expression betraying all attempts at sincerity.

“I apologize my friend, but in the horror and panic of the situation, informing the local media of my situation didn't cross my mind. Sorry to deprive you of a front page story.”

Aya patted you on the back reassuringly, “Ah don't worry about it, I'm sure I'll think of some way to have you make it up for me. Anyway, that's for another time! I've got a juicy bit of info I'm sure you'd love to know!”

“Is that so? Did you come here to tell me, or do I need to pay you for it or something first?”

“Normally you certainly would, and I have some nice ideas of payment in mind but... this one will be on me, besides I think it's not something I should try to get payment for from you, considering it's about Yuuka.” she notes your quick look of concern before shaking her head quickly, “Nothing bad, nothing bad! She probably never mentioned it but, she has this nice big old house, she normally stays there and all but, ah... circumstances prevented it for a while. Anyway, long story short, she's probably there if you ever go looking for her. You have a map, right? Lemme just make a lil' mark to show you where it is...”

As you retrieve the map and hand it to her for marking, you can't help but chuckle a bit, “You know, this feels like something out of a game or something, you know? Always marking your map for things...”

“Well I think it's easier then directions you know? I don't think you carry a journal everywhere and take constant notes or something, that'd just be weird.” the tengu laughed and handed your map back to you, “There you go. Just ah, don't tell her that I uhm... told you. I mean, she probably doesn't need to know that I know her home is all open again and stuff, so...”

“Don't worry about it, I won't mention it. Thanks Aya, you know I was kind of planning to see her today and probably would've wandered all over Gensokyo looking for her.”

“Anytime, anytime. So hey, you know while I've got you talking for a minute... so, you and Reimu eh?” she states with a wink and grin.

You look at her confused, tilting your head to the side, “What about me and her? Aya, were you spying on me or something?”

“I prefer to say I was... gathering information. But...” she looks at you consideringly, then shrugs, “ah, forget I said anything. That was pretty sweet of you to bring her breakfast in bed and everything, maybe you should consider drawing the curtains when you want to keep things a secret.”

“Or maybe I just have to get rid of a noisy crow peering in through my window.” you reply with a frown, “Maybe I'll just have to ask Reimu for a favor...”

Aya quickly shook her head and held her hands defensively in front of her face, “P-please don't! She'll cook me alive or something I swear! I won't do it again, I swear, I swear, just don't tell Reimu!”

You glance upstairs as you hear a door open and close, “Okay, okay. But keep your voice down or maybe she'll hear and get curious. Then I might not have a choice. So then Aya, did you want anything else? I think Reimu's about to be down here now...”

“Ah, maybe but... it can wait. Have a good day alright? Maybe I'll drop by this evening or something, so ah, see ya.” the tengu notices Reimu descending the stairs and waves at her as she heads towards the door, “Bye bye Reimu, I was just leaving! Have a good day!”

The shrine maiden watches the tengu leave in a hurry, before fixing you with a curious gaze, “What was that all about? Thought I heard yelling or panic or something...”

“Oh, nothing important. Enjoy your bath?”

“It was wonderful! I wish I had one in my shrine, I mean... a hot spring is nice and all but this bathtub thing! You can get one in an enclosed room and everything, it's like a hot spring in your house but you don't need it to be open to the world and everything! Then these soaps and shampoos, they smell so nice...” the girl sighs contently, “ah, s-sorry there. I'm sounding really, really girly all of a sudden, that isn't like me.”

Laughing you shake your head, “Don't worry about it, we have our moments right? I know this is kind of sudden but Aya pointed me to where Yuuka is staying and well, I figured I would go visit her. If it's no trouble for you, would you actually mind coming along? It's up to you of course, if you have something else you'd rather do...”

“Ain't a thing aside from boring chores or something, it can wait. I'd be happy to come along with you.”

“You're just putting off your chores aren't you?” you tease with a grin.

“Oh maybe just a little bit. But does it matter? I'm all good to go if you're ready.”

“Yup, just let me tell Limstella and we'll be off!”

- - -

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Afternoon

It did not take long to find Yuuka's 'real' home – you couldn't miss a large house surrounded by a field of sunflowers. And by a 'field' you meant what looked like a small lake... made of sunflowers. To avoid any accidental damage to the flowers, you and Reimu landed outside the field of yellow and opted to walk the distance. Before you ventured far however, you could see green and red moving through the yellow, before Yuuka herself emerged from the field of sunflowers and greeted you with a warm smile.

“What a pleasant surprise my little flower, I didn't expect to see you. You came at such a lovely time too, with all the flowers looking up at you in greeting. I see you brought the shrine maiden as well, did last night go well? No issues at all?”

Reimu shook her head, “None. I'd wish to say that makes me feel at ease, but it really doesn't... but at the same time, we can't really keep having one of us stay the night for a 'just in case'.”

The green-haired youkai nodded, “While I see why we could not, I can instead agree that it would be inconvenient. I would suggest she instead stay with one of us until the matter is resolved, but I also imagine this would be less then ideal. As I understand it, Reina has a business to manage, she cannot afford to be away for long periods of time.” the flower youkai looks at you appraisingly, “Perhaps instead, we should try to teach her some more? Enough to defend herself from the average threat... I know you have done some yourself shrine maiden, but as you have not suggested this, I will assume you do not think her skills up to par.”

“W-well, I mean Reina's good and all but... I apologize Reina, but yes... if it was just some random old youaki, she'd probably be fine. But I have the nagging feeling this isn't some lowly youkai, probably something of at least a decent enough threat to your average person. I would be worried leaving Reina alone against such a possible opponent.”

“I agree. So how about it, little flower? We can take the time to help teach you some more in the next few days, with you deciding if you wish to go home and have one of us accompany you, or if you'd rather stay with one of us for a night or two. Of course, you may decline... I leave the decision to you, Reina.”

- - -

Well this wasn't really what you had in mind, but...
[ ] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a great idea.
[ ] That sounds a bit intense, maybe you should just get it from one of them...
[ ] They're overreacting too much, you're sure it's nothing you don't need to get training
[ ] Other? (write-in)

As a random note, I've been considering making some kind of thread in /gensokyo/ perhaps for random oneshots or something but... I fear if I write anything RiG-related, it may come off as my favoring certain options or something.
>> No. 139453
Oh son of a -
That's a terrible typo on my part. The first vote should be:
[ ] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a bad idea.
Basically that you agree to train with them. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I first typed that up.
>> No. 139454
[x] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a bad idea.
>> No. 139456
>>139453
As sarcasm goes, that hit the spot.

[x] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a bad idea.
>> No. 139459
[x] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a bad idea.
>> No. 139468
[x] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a bad idea.
>> No. 139478
[x] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a bad idea.
>> No. 139483
[X] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a bad idea.

Trainin' gamin'.
>> No. 139595
File 130274854668.jpg - (389.05KB , 1100x781 , 8df00fab7b57eda9707b7beda157e2c9.jpg ) [iqdb]
139595
[X] Passing up a chance for training from Yuuka AND Reimu? That sounds like a bad idea.

- - -

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Afternoon

“I don't think it would be wise to turn down such an offer, especially from you two. I mean, everyone speaks rather highly of your skills.”

The flower youkai smirks slightly, “Well then shrine maiden, perhaps we should discuss how we shall do this. As I recall, you have taught her both your own fighting style, and danmaku as well. This gives you a bit of an advantage in teaching her... if our goal is to both teach her, we must decide who shall do what.”

“I suppose that's true, I guess we could try to teach her a hybrid type thing but... that might be a bit too advanced. Probably best to start easy, and just let her pick... I suppose we should discuss pros and cons, stuff like that?” suggested Reimu with a shrug

“A logical suggestion, why don't we discuss this over some tea? There is a sense of urgency about this yes, but let us not worry Reina. Come, I will treat you both to some of my own tea.”

~

“Well then, shall you start shrine maiden? You have the most experience with her after all.”

The girl took a sip of her tea before nodding, “Alright. Well, I don't know how much more I can really explain. I can't say my own style really excels or lacks in any real areas, overall good mixture I suppose. Although, you need to get some more spiritual-oriented training to really call yourself a 'user' of the Hakurei style I suppose. Without that, well... I guess at least you're quick, not a lot of punch though.

“As for danmaku, well... I guess the same deal really. Again, a real problem is anything I teach you is going to eventually hit a level that is going to require some real dedication. The basics can be taught to just about anyone, but really you'd need to be, well, sort of a shrine maiden to really 'use' it, if you get what I mean?”

“I think I get it. Basically, all around good, but unless I really get some more specialized training, well it's not going to amount to a lot. Or, in other terms, I'm not going to be able to learn both fighting and danmaku from you both too well.”

“Correct little flower, you could certainly try. I would disrecommend it, as even my own teachings will eventually require more focus and trying to learn multiple styles from two different people is rather complex. Should you, in the future or even now, wish to try to make your own from our own styles, well... you have the possibility Reina.

“But for now, it is best to stay simple. As for me, I think my own teachings will more easily mesh with your natural talents. That is, using magic to amplify your melee combat and using it effectively in danmaku as well. However, it is likely to be much more physically taxing on your body, I'm afraid this isn't something I can easily remedy little flower – I am a youkai, you are a human. Even with your magical talent, your body is not like mine, it will not as effectively handle the stress.”

More or less, it seemed Yuuka's talents would make you a heavy hitter, but the tradeoff would be a lack of staying power... the longer a fight dragged on, the more likely you'd be too lose. Your own spellcards did leave you significantly drained, so likely Yuuka's danmaku or style would have the same effect, just not as instantaneous... still, it would put your magical prowess to its best use.

On the other hand, you had experience with Reimu. Her style was much more well-rounded, but without actually being a shrine maiden – or at least having a certain amount of 'spiritual control', you would be functioning at a severely reduced level of efficiency.

Of course, you could try to just learn from both, and make your own style of combat but, that would be quite difficult and time-consuming... and considering your combat inexperience, beyond your reach for quite some time and would, effectively, leave you even more vulnerable until you could begin to mesh the two teachings.

“Now you just have to pick Reina. And don't worry, I won't be mad if you decide to train with Yuuka instead, even if you pick her for both I can still help out. The same goes for her I imagine... even if we can't teach you our own styles of fighting, we can certainly help out for live demonstrations, sparring... things like that.”

- - -

Choose, young grasshopper.
[ ] Select either Hakurei style or Yuuka style for a melee style and danmaku

Author's Note: I have no excuse for this update other then being lazy. I originally planned it getting right into training, before this idea struck me.
>> No. 139596
[x]Hakurei Style
One the assumption that we'll eventually get a miko outfit.

You use "Well...", "I mean..." and similar constructions far too much, it's kind of bothering me.
>> No. 139597
[x]Yuuka style
Dual Master Sparks everywhere
>> No. 139599
[X] Yuuka style

Comparing the limitations, Hakurei style seems worse since there's no way to tell if Reina could even develop the necessary spiritual power, while the low endurance of Yuuka's style could be worked around with experience.
>> No. 139600
[x] Hakurei melee style
[x] Yuuka danmaku style

Or at least i assume we're supposed to pick the Melee and Danmaku styles separately?

If not, then:

[x] Yuuka style
>> No. 139606
[x] Yuuka melee style
[x] Hakurei danmaku style
>> No. 139622
For clarification, you were meant to pick both a melee and danmaku style. If you only select one, it will be assumed you mean you wanted to pick both.

>>139596
I will agree. There were more originally I think, or at least more '...' situations. I just wanted to get this update done, and the quality suffered a bit I noticed.
>> No. 139624
File 130278328521.jpg - (197.32KB , 957x1200 , 873cf22a7f7ece0372cc6d69532f1f2b.jpg ) [iqdb]
139624
[c] Yuuka melee style
[c] Hakurei danmaku style

I'm very interested in how Yuuka melee style would work.

>One the assumption that we'll eventually get a miko outfit.

Does it come with detachable sleeves and free parasol?
>> No. 139629
[x] Yuuka melee style
[x] Hakurei danmaku style
>> No. 139631
[x] Yuuka style
>> No. 139634
[x] Hakurei melee style
She's unbeatable in 12.3
[x] Yuuka danmaku style
She's unbeatable in 9.0
>> No. 139640
>>139634
last I checked Reimu was only mid-tier in the 12.3 tiers. No Soku+ doesn't count as it's a shitty fan made patch.

I wonder when Reina will get her stamina issues addressed or fixed as that should be the first thing that should be worked on.
>> No. 139644
[X] Yuuka style for both.

All or nothing!
>> No. 139649
>>139640
Soku+? What's this?
>> No. 139655
[X] Yuuka style
>> No. 139657
>>139649
Fan made patch for 12.3 that tweaks the game in various sometimes unusual ways (Infinite air time via spamming one of Komachi's moves). Some people seem to think it's official when it's not.
>> No. 139686
Going to call it as:
o Yuuka melee
o Hakurei danmaku

Writing is underway. Please wait warmly.
>> No. 139689
>>139686
Wait, how did you get that? I count:
1 Hakurei, both
5 Yuuka, both
2 Hakurei melee, Yuuka danmaku
3 Yuuka melee, Hakurei danmaku
>> No. 139701
>>139689
I wasn't sure if the some knew you were suppose to pick both. But very well, I hadn't really done much anyway.
>> No. 139867
File 130332174380.jpg - (162.75KB , 458x414 , 1a029bbeec24a759fa68dd638094fd42.jpg ) [iqdb]
139867
[x] Yuuka melee style
[x] Yuuka danmaku style

- - -

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Afternoon

Yuuka considered you carefully as the shrine maiden took a seat a nearby table, using her newfound freetime to help herself to the tea and snacks that had been prepared. The flower youkai circled about you, like a bird circling their prey, before coming to a stop in front of you.

“Let's see how much the shrine maiden has taught you. This will give me a good idea of where I shall begin, I see no reason to reteach anything I need not. I have seen your danmaku, so show me your prowess in hand-to-hand Reina.” the youkai spread her arms wide, “You get one free blow, hit me as hard as you can. Don't worry about hurting me.”

You are taken aback by her awkward request and hesitatingly glanced over to Reimu, whom merely shrugged and busied herself with the snacks. Shaking your head, you uneasily slide into a fighting stance and size up the youkai before you. Putting aside your hesitation you take a breath, steady yourself... and quickly lash out with a blow to Yuuka's face. The blow is solid and lands well, but it does little more then cause her to chuckle and rub her cheek.

“As I thought. Still, a good stance, and a good blow. I can see the shrine maiden has only taught you that much... so now I will help you improve the punch. Even under danmaku rules, that blow would be little more then a tickle to any youkai, and you'll need much more then that to defeat one. Very well, this is going to be a bit rough Reina but... I'm sure you'll be fine.”

You suppress a shudder as you see a smirk crawl onto the youkai's face.

- - -

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Evening

Reimu looked over you with a bemused smile on her face, shaking her head as she clasped your shaking hand and yanked you to your feet. You leaned onto her as she helped you stand. Yuuka was a brutal teacher, compared to Reimu whom preferred to show and demonstrate, then put it into practice, the flower youkai preferred to skip straight to practice. She wasn't kidding when she told you she wouldn't pull any punches either, your whole body ached and you were sure if it wasn't for... whatever danmaku rules did or something (she never really explained), you would likely have several broken bones by now.

Yuuka bent down to level her face with your own and looked you in the eyes, “That was a good first lesson. I'm impressed little flower, you have quite the pain threshold. But that will be all for today, I can see you can't take much more.” the youkai shook her head and looked up to Reimu, “Once I can get her well-trained I think she'll be able to handle her own quite well, she certainly has the endurance and the will.”

“You could've held back a little bit though you know, just because I was around doesn't mean you should just so freely beat up on her. Aren't you supposed to build confidence or something?”

“Perhaps that is how you teach shrine maiden, this is how I teach. If she wanted it your way, perhaps she should've stuck with you instead.” Yuuka stood and pointed towards the door, “Just head down the hall, and help settle her into the first room you feel like entering – they're all vacant. I will fetch some things and find you, just leave the door open.”

The miko carefully led you down the hall and into the first door she could find, the rooms in Yuuka's house reminded you of the Scarlet Devil Mansion somewhat... only it somehow felt more cozy here. Perhaps due to their being windows with a view of the sunflower field. Guiding you towards the bed, you are more then happy to collapse onto it, groaning as you roll over to look up at the ceiling.

“You look like a wreck you know. I think your fairy is going to freak out when she sees you, she'll think you got attacked or something.” joked the shrine maiden, pulling up a chair to sit by the bed.

“I guess it's my own fault for wanting Yuuka to teach me, right? You didn't even warn me once you know.”

Reimu laughed, “It's all part of the experience. Besides, if I told you, you may have tried to decline her training simply out of fear of the pain and all that. I'm sure it'll all pay off in the end, she won't cause you any permanent lasting harm.”

Groaning, you weakly lift up an arm and look at the beaten and torn fabric of one of your sleeves, “I think Alice is going to freak out if she sees me too. I guess I'll have to pay her a visit tomorrow...”

“I doubt you'll be able to move much tomorrow. I can go get her for you, you'll probably sleep clean until noon.”

“I'm afraid you won't get to rest that much little flower, as much as you would enjoy it I'm sure.” interrupted Yuuka, striding into the room, “Your idea to fetch the puppeteer does sound like a plan shrine maiden, I do not think Reina's attire will do much more then preserve modesty after another session.”

“You could just not go so crazy with your danmaku you know.” countered Reimu

You could hear the flower youkai pouring a cup of tea, “But that would not prepare her for how an actual danmaku fight goes. I will not coddle her, she will learn things the proper way. Now sit up little flower, I do not wish to try to have you drink some tea laying down.”

The tea is not what you had drank earlier in the day, it tasted... sweeter, and you could feel a nice warmth flowing through your limbs and some of the pain dulled out. Yuuka seems to watch you carefully as you finish the cup, and nods in approval.

“Very good. Truth be told, I was not certain if that would work. I do not often have to brew that particular blend, it is good to know it still works as I thought. Now then lay down, save your energy Reina.”

- - -

Now what?
[ ] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.
[ ] You might be tired, but... (write-in)
>> No. 139880
[X] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.

>>139867
Looks like we're in Yuuka's house. I wonder if we'll get to meet Elly anytime soon?
>> No. 139881
[x] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.
>> No. 139892
[X] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.

>>139880
I can see Yuuka's reaction:
"Who's that?"
>> No. 139907
[X] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.
>> No. 139910
[X] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.

Go to sleep man. Or girl.
I bet Yuuka going easy is the same as a stage 4 boss on lunatic :/
>> No. 139911
[x] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.
>> No. 139920
[X] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.

Hoping for Yuuka snuggling while asleep.
>> No. 139936
File 130348038896.jpg - (608.39KB , 2000x1419 , 84af7fe152409ed7b07f66e391316467.jpg ) [iqdb]
139936
[c] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.

>Hoping for Yuuka snuggling while asleep.

Yes please.
>> No. 140955
Just to make it official, this is on hiatus for a bit. Having to take care of some things regarding my job, plans to get back home... and I'm trying to get some character stuff thought up before I push forward.

I apologize for not saying this earlier, but I'm sure you're all used to my laziness by now, right? I'm considering starting up something else for a bit, easier as for RiG2 I need to do some... stuff as I mentioned.

Anyone still interested in having me do another strip poker CYOA thing? Or some kind of suggestions would be nice, if you have some. Need to try to keep my writing skills somewhat sharp.
>> No. 140960
>>140955

I've got an idea.
Go to a random number generator, make it 1 to 13, for each of the touhou games. Whatever number you get is the game the characters you are choosing is from. Now choose 1-however many stages the game has, and pick a subboss or boss.

Or you know, Write EvilEyeSigmaxGenji. That'd be hot.
>> No. 140964
>>140955
One involving the 5 playable characters (Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Sanae, Youmu)
>> No. 140990
>>140964
IN wants a word with you.
>> No. 140992
>>140990
I was talking regular playable characters, not characters involved in a one time effect.
>> No. 141039
>>140955

Forest of Magic strip poker. Alice, Marisa, and the usual stages 1 and 2 crew. And the three mischievous faeries.

Nothing like a game of poker between friends.
>> No. 144992
File 131369946636.png - (890B , 128x64 , reina.png ) [iqdb]
144992
[X] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.

- - -

> January 3rd, Year 2 ~ Evening

Valeria sat silently across the table, her cup of tea left untouched in front of her. Rather then drift off to a peaceful and well-earned sleep, you had found yourself in this small room – perhaps Valeria's own little 'dreamscape'.

Bookshelves filled to the brim with books, lined the walls and you couldn't make out anything that resembled a door, or even windows. It was almost as if the walls were simply built from the bookshelves. You had been here perhaps a full ten minutes – although it was tricky to keep track of time – and Valeria had done little but sit there in silence as you helped yourself to tea and snacks.

“This is always a tricky conversation. There is much to explain, yet I am only allowed to say so much.” she paused and idly spun her teacup carefully, “In the most basic terms, you are now involved in a game. Akin to hide and seek perhaps... cat and mouse? You are the hider, the prey. The seeker will do its best to find you now and take the grimoire from you.

“Should it take it from you... you will have lost. Which in your case, will mean your life I'm afraid. As of now, the seeker only knows that you live within Gensokyo. I had done my best, working within the rules of this endless game, to keep your location a secret. Alas, Yakumo's tampering had the unforeseen consequence of allowing the seeker to find the realm in which you reside. The game has begun in proper now.”

As Valeria finishes speaking you frown, “I don't get it. I mean... why is there this game? Why does someone want the grimoire anyway? Why - “

The grimoire spirit raises her hand to interrupt, “I apologize mistress Reina, there is only so much I am allowed to explain. I myself do not know why we play this game, nor do I imagine the seeker does. We simply... do. Before you press, while I can tell you all that you wish to know, you must know more of the rules. The rules of this game are all you will have to protect yourself with.”

“Couldn't I simply defeat this seeker? That sounds more certain then rules.”

“I mean no offense mistress Reina, but I do not believe you strong enough to do that. The seeker is not a native of Gensokyo, while it does not grasp the rules of danmaku, it is still quite powerful. I suppose it is also not bound by rules to even follow those rules. Challenging it would not be wise. But please mistress, allow me to explain some more before you say anymore.

“First and foremost, if you break rules of this game – or have me break them for you – the seeker itself is allowed to break rules. In simplest terms, as you break rules, the seeker can do more and more to catch you. Should all the rules be broken... you will likely have effectively lost, as the seeker is free to do what it feels like.”

You raise a hand and shake your head, “I'm sorry to interrupt but... what are the rules? You may have wanted to explain this next but ah, I felt it important to know now.”

“Very well mistress Reina. Perhaps rules is not the best word to describe them, for while there are actual rules regarding the game I suppose they are more akin to... ah, what is a modern term... credits? Yes, I suppose that accurate for your time. Like credits in an arcade game. First, I shall cover the actual rules.

“The game will involve the owner of the grimoire, me, and the seeker. In addition, your friends and allies will be involved as well – but fear not, the seeker is only concerned with you. That is one of its own rules, it is to only seek out the owner of the grimoire. Of course, should your friends be in its way at that time... it may take action against them. It is not however, allowed to kill them – another of its rules.

“The seeker is not allowed to seek at all times, generally speaking it will only operate during the daylight. Even if it is forced to sleep and eat, like a living creature. Should the seeker find you, it is allowed to resort to whatever methods it feels like to take the grimoire from you – some examples could be straight-out theft, trickery, or through force.”

“Er... you mean it could simply find me in the streets, punch me in the face and take it?” you ask hesitatingly.

Valeria shrugs, “If it felt like it. It does prefer more... subtle methods generally, such an action would draw attention to itself – after all, you do not die instantly should you lose the grimoire. That brings me to another rule, even if the seeker should take the grimoire, it is not allowed to leave the realm or otherwise flee to someplace you cannot reach. You will only have a limited time to attempt to recover the grimoire of course – the further you are from it, the less time you have.

“That is the basics and the essentials. Let me elaborate on 'rules' for you mistress Reina. Aside from the actual rules I have just explained, they function like 'credits' as I mentioned. But everytime you must break a rule... the seeker is allowed to break one. Even if you do not break a rule yourself, I can take it upon myself to break one to save you, should you be unable to otherwise make a decision yourself.

“I do not like explaining this part... it is often hard for one to accept or grasp but...” the spirit sighs and shakes her hooded head, “the only power I am allowed to use to help you is, an ability to... let's say, 'restore' you to a prior point recorded in your grimoire. Unfortunately, this ability will count as breaking a rule – it also places stress upon your own mental well-being. While in theory, the amount of times I could do this is infinite, there is only so many times your own mind can withstand it, an excessive use will either reduce you to a broken, mindless husk – which will make me unable to use this power anymore – or simply kill you outright.”

Restore you to a prior point? What is this some kind of video game or something? This has to be the most bizarre game you've ever heard of, why is it even being played to begin with? So many questions... yet, you get the feeling you do not have unlimited time to have Valeria answer every question you have. While you have no concept of how much time has passed since entering here, you probably only have so much time to spend before you'll awaken. Well, or perhaps Yuuka will wake you herself, whichever comes first.

- - -

[ ] Ask Valeria questions? (write-in)
[ ] No questions.
[ ] Other

- - -

I have no excuse for how long this took. I was thinking of writing some big reason why this took so long, but then I thought about it and realized I had no real good reason other then me being a lazy writefag, who was enjoying being on hiatus and having all this freetime suddenly. But look, I'm writing now!
>> No. 144996
Welcome back.
[x] No questions.

The only question I'd have is to the author. Are you sure you want to depart from the whole slice of life thing? Seemed to be working well enough.
>> No. 145005
[x] Are there various 'levels' of rules or is the Seeker free to choose which rule to break in case a rule is broken?
[x] You said it was not allowed to kill them, does that mean it is allowed to kill me?
[x] How did the previous grimoire owners react? How many times did the rules have to be broken, or 'restoration' to be done for them?
[x] Must the seeker immediately decide on a rule it can break or can it 'save' a broken rule to decide later?

I knew it'd be back! Break time and hiatuses are fun and all, but we were still waiting warmly for this story and now it is back. Also maybe some of these questions don't make sense, it's been a long time for me to remember any more fine details, oh well. Welcome back Kriss.
>> No. 145041
[x] Are there various 'levels' of rules or is the Seeker free to choose which rule to break in case a rule is broken?
[x] You said it was not allowed to kill them, does that mean it is allowed to kill me?
[x] How did the previous grimoire owners react? How many times did the rules have to be broken, or 'restoration' to be done for them?
[x] Must the seeker immediately decide on a rule it can break or can it 'save' a broken rule to decide later?
>> No. 145042
[X] Are there various 'levels' of rules or is the Seeker free to choose which rule to break in case a rule is broken?
[X] You said it was not allowed to kill them, does that mean it is allowed to kill me?
[X] How did the previous grimoire owners react? How many times did the rules have to be broken, or 'restoration' to be done for them?
[X] Must the seeker immediately decide on a rule it can break or can it 'save' a broken rule to decide later?
>> No. 145047
[x] Are there various 'levels' of rules or is the Seeker free to choose which rule to break in case a rule is broken?
[x] You said it was not allowed to kill them, does that mean it is allowed to kill me?
[x] How did the previous grimoire owners react? How many times did the rules have to be broken, or 'restoration' to be done for them?
[x] Must the seeker immediately decide on a rule it can break or can it 'save' a broken rule to decide later?

>>144996
I'm not sure if everyone can handle the shift...
>> No. 145073
Author's curiosity here, but does this seem sudden or jarring? I had thought that throughout RiG, it had been kinda hinted there was something... else.

It's still going to be mostly slice-of-life and all that, but I figured a CYOA without any kind of conflict or some kind of pressing matter would be hard to keep going or something... what are your thoughts my readers?
>> No. 145075
>>145073

I don't really like it. I enjoyed the slice-of-life more.
>> No. 145082
[x] Are there various 'levels' of rules or is the Seeker free to choose which rule to break in case a rule is broken?
[x] You said it was not allowed to kill them, does that mean it is allowed to kill me?
[x] How did the previous grimoire owners react? How many times did the rules have to be broken, or 'restoration' to be done for them?
[x] Must the seeker immediately decide on a rule it can break or can it 'save' a broken rule to decide later?

A little sudden, sure, but it's not like there haven't been hints dropped before now, some subtle while others could only be missed if you were completely blind. Do I necessarily enjoy the prospect of the lovely Reina's life ending before her time due to a game that was thrust upon her? No, but that just means I'll try all the harder to think things through and ensure that scenario never sees the light of day.
>> No. 145085
>>145073
There's going to be people afraid of the change. I myself am neutral on the matter, I dont give a rats ass if you turn this into a /at/ story or make it a mystery, so long as its good. Though yeah, a CYOA without any sort of conflict can be hard to do if you dont know what your doing, but you've shown that you do. Keep up the story how you like it really is my best advice.


fucking forgot my sage
>> No. 145096
I don't mind the addition of something "serious," and dangerous to this story, but I do hope that you don't move too far away from the slice-of-life roots. The relaxed feel of the story is something I enjoy, so personally, I'm hoping that this whole affair isn't going to be quite as "serious business" as it sounds.
>> No. 145120
>>145096
Yeah, I hope this isn't a popularity stunt either as serious stories are very common on this site, laid back relaxing ones not so much.

Though when doing a pure write in choice, expect some delays and bandwagoning.
>> No. 146162
File 13159476542.jpg - (158.28KB , 450x600 , 0281a98dd659482d7707e9522d4bf3b3.jpg ) [iqdb]
146162
Disregard prior update. This one is for real.

- - -

[X] Tired. Must sleep. Nooooow.

- - -

> January 4th, Year 2 ~ Morning

“Now, now little flower, you can't expect to sleep all day. The sun is out and breakfast is ready, the shrine maiden went to fetch the puppeteer so why don't you eat now?” spoke Yuuka, rousing you from your sleep

Groaning you hear the flower youkai's footsteps, followed by the sounds of curtains moving as you feel the sun shining on your face. Yawning you sit up in bed and stretch, squinting as the light hits your sleepy eyes. You had slept pretty good, like a rock as they say, but you still felt so tired – not to mention your body ached. Today was probably going to feel even worse...

“I guess the old defense of 'Five more minutes', isn't going to work here is it Yuuka?” you jokingly ask.

The green-haired youkai smiles slightly, “I'm afraid not Reina, going back to sleep will just make it harder. Here, have some tea, that should help a bit...”

The tea reminds you of the brew from last night, perhaps a bit sweeter, but the same overall effect. Looking down at yourself, you are also reminded of your rather beaten and dirty clothing, well at least it was still modest...

“Any idea when Reimu will be back? I'm not looking forward to Alice's reaction to how my clothes look after a single session with you. I guess I'll keep her in business though.”

“I don't think she'll be long. In the meantime, eat up, then we will need to get you a change of clothes to wear while the puppeteer tends to your wardrobe... unless, of course, you would prefer to just remain in your underwear until she's done, little flower.” teased the youkai, placing a tray on your lap.

It looked like a home cooked meal, there was even a flower-shaped, fluffy piece of bread! Yuuka knew how to cook then? You guess it shouldn't be some kind of surprise but... well, you guess you never really thought about what talents she had.

“Thank you Yuuka, it looks delicious. Did you make it all yourself?”

The youkai shrugs her shoulders slightly as she moves towards the door, “Perhaps I did little flower? Enjoy, I will return in a bit, I think I have some things you can wear...”

~

Yuuka looked you over a moment, then leaning in to adjust your collar before nodding, “Seems like a good fit, little flower. It did take a little bit to find something in your size but... I think that will do. When the puppeteer mends your old clothes, you can keep this as well. It's a tad too small for me now.”

The flower youkai had generously gone through her wardrobe (which seemed to consist of almost nothing but white blouses, plaid vests, skirts, and slacks it seemed) and found something in your own size. Mainly had to do with a bit of a height difference you were sure, and nothing else. While you had nothing against skirts really, it seemed Yuuka was more willing to part with a pair of pants. About the only thing you didn't have, was the ascot and vest she often wore, er, not that you cared of course. It was just nice to have something to wear, instead of having to take refuge in a room until Alice gave you your clothes back.

“Thanks Yuuka, you really didn't have to go through all this just to find me a set of clothes... a-although, I guess on second thought, it would be better then not having anything to wear...” looking at yourself in the mirror you idly play with some of your hair, “It does look pretty good though... I haven't even got around to getting my hair fixed...”

“I actually have been thinking about that, where did you get that hairstyle anyway little flower? It seems like it would take ages to make in the morning.”

You chuckle and shake your head, “Ah, I forget how I started using it really. I used to keep my hair down but... it tended to get in the way. But I didn't want to cut it either. I did just use a simple ponytail for a while, but then somedays I had more freetime and I'd start getting creative... used to take hours to get it right, but I can do it pretty quickly now. I guess it's a sort of talent.”

“I think you look fine with your hair down Reina, but if you wish to go fix your hair feel free. The shrine maiden should be back soon, so you have some time. I suppose it's a bit out of order, but I suppose you should take a bath as well, I will come fetch you later, little flower.”

~

The blonde puppeteer frowned as she poked her finger through a hole in the sleeve of your old shirt, “You really have to tone it down a bit Yuuka. I know restraint isn't one of your defining features and all, but you really shouldn't be ruining Reina's clothes like this.”

“Did you have anything better to do this morning, puppeteer?” countered the youkai.

“Ah, forget it. I suppose it is nice to actually get to do something once in a while... better then just making dresses for dolls.”

“I've been kind of curious Alice but, it doesn't sound like you do this kind of thing often – mending clothes that is, does everyone else just have some kind of really danmaku-resistant fabric?”

Alice chuckled and shook her head, “Not at all Reina. Actually, I have tried out different fabrics before, and nothing really prevents damage from danmaku. It really has to do with incidents don't happen all that often, and most of us have a large wardrobe of replacements. Or I guess you can be like Reimu, she never seems to need her outfit mended, but I guess being the Hakurei shrine maiden means she's pretty good at not getting hit.”

“I think Marisa once said you have an entire closet full of identical dresses.” added Reimu matter-of-factly

The blonde ignored the comment and instead focused on examining your old clothes. You caught notice of Reimu looking you over, probably surprised to see you wearing Yuuka's hand-me-downs.

“You know Yuuka, you used to wear pants all the time. Any reason why you went to the long skirts?”

The youkai shrugged, “I'm sure it is a mystery of the ages shrine maiden. Reina does look rather nice in that outfit, don't you think?”

“Waste of time Yuuka, Reimu doesn't know fashion but I'm sure she likes it anyway. Still, it does look pretty good on her.”

Reimu frowned, “Hey, what's that supposed to mean Alice? I mean, sure Reina looks good in it and all but... argh, forget it. So, what's the plan for today Yuuka? More training for poor Reina?”

“Oh but of course, but perhaps later. I see no reason to rush it after all, I think the only reason she's even up and about is because of the tea blend I give her. I may be a tough instructor, but I'm not going to push my little flower too much...”

- - -

Well, what do you think?
[ ] If Yuuka is offering a day off from training, perhaps you should jump on it... (write-in)
[ ] You might be tired, but perhaps it's for the best. You think you read something, somewhere, about that being good for training or... something...
[ ] Other? (write-in)

Man, I'm such a lazy writer aren't I? I am making progress on getting a job but we'll see how that pans out.
>> No. 146172
I see you're putting an effort into it, aren't you?. Keep it up.


[x] You might be tired, but perhaps it's for the best. You think you read something, somewhere, about that being good for training or... something...

Only because I have a fondness for fainting protagonists.
>> No. 146178
[X] You're still sore. Maybe you should just relax and share some tea over a nice conversation with everyone. You've been busy, but how have they been lately?

Friendly banter is always a good use of time. Besides, it's always nice to hear about how your friends are doing.
>> No. 146181
>This story is back.
bisonyes.gif

[c] You might be tired, but perhaps it's for the best. You think you read something, somewhere, about that being good for training or... something...
>> No. 146185
[X] You're still sore. Maybe you should just relax and share some tea over a nice conversation with everyone. You've been busy, but how have they been lately?
>> No. 146189
[x] You might be tired, but perhaps it's for the best. You think you read something, somewhere, about that being good for training or... something...
>> No. 146230
[X]Drag Reimu off for a bath, then spend about half the bath fondling her.

Nah, just kidding. Going with:

[X]You're still sore. Maybe you should just relax and share some tea over a nice conversation with everyone. You've been busy lately, but how is everyone else doing?
>> No. 146313
Huh. Tied. I'll start updating today but... yeaaaah. I'll check back in around an hour, if it's still tied I'll just flip a coin.
>> No. 146319
>>146313
You asked for it.
[X]You're still sore. Maybe you should just relax and share some tea over a nice conversation with everyone. You've been busy lately, but how is everyone else doing?
>> No. 146326
[x] You might be tired, but perhaps it's for the best. You think you read something, somewhere, about that being good for training or... something...
>> No. 146350
[X]You're still sore. Maybe you should just relax and share some tea over a nice conversation with everyone. You've been busy lately, but how is everyone else doing?
>> No. 147832
So. I have good news and I have bad news. To break tradition, let us start with the good news!

My birthday is coming up. On the 22nd in fact. So just 4 days away!

Now for the bad news.
I'm seriously considering a RiG2 reboot. Something just feels... off about how it's going now. I think it's because I really did start it without planning out (not new) but trying to add in things.

Like that whole fairy hiring part there? Yeah, there's stuff to go with it, and all this Yuuka stuff is kinda turning into filler to pad it out until I figure it out.

I have an idea now, but I'm not sure if I can turn RiG2 as it is to something I can tolerate. As it is now it just bugs me, something about it that I can't place.

So give me your opinion anon. Shall I just ignore the nagging and push on, or should I just reboot RiG2 in a shiny new thread? One that will (in theory) be updated a lot quicker then once every couple of months.
>> No. 147833
What will be lost in the reboot?
>> No. 147834
>>147833
This thread. Start anew. Anything in this one doesn't count anymore.
>> No. 147835
hmmm, if you reboot can you be sure you wont find it boring as hell to write stuff you have already writen?
>> No. 147837
>>147835
Perhaps, but the idea is that a rebooted RiG2 wouldn't follow the same path anymore. I mean, sure you all might still opt for Yuuka time and all, but I don't intend to follow the same exact path.
>> No. 147838
I say go ahead with the reboot, but please plan out some sizable stuff before you go throug with it.
>> No. 147848
>>147832
If you really dont like the story how it is, do it how you want: its a rule of thumb for all writers. However, I myself will be irritated that everything that's happened is going to be nil.
>> No. 147853
File 13190162719.jpg - (638.45KB , 1000x1323 , 21b2bb51d2fbce1886d3607424f90c13.jpg ) [iqdb]
147853
Go ahead.
I'm not a big yuuka fan anyway. Get some new youkai moe up in here.
>> No. 147927
>>147853
I'm going to support this anon: We need more Kyouko on these boards.
>> No. 147936
reboot
>> No. 147937
>>147853
I just decided to start reading this story, and you want to reboot? Dang it.
I vote:
[x] Kyouko.

Because that janitor's ass is calling me now that I saw >>147853's picture.
>> No. 147975
I can't say that I feel the story is as... "off" as you do, so there isn't much I can say to help you figure out where it went wrong. I'd be fine with a reboot, though, if that's what you want. I'll just look at it as an opportunity for more, and different Yuukatime.
>> No. 154483
So, eh... Still no new RiG for us? ;_;