[Return]
Archived thread

File 129827534268.jpg - (41.21KB , 620x418 , batman_ass_whooping_sam_done--article_image.jpg ) [iqdb]
135000 No. 135000
To refresh your memory:
Issue 1: http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/106311.html
Issue 2 Part 1: http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/112201.html

I promise to update 4 times a week or more from now on!

[X] Oh, shit.
-[X] Drop a smoke bomb, then move and use Thermal Vision to hit Momiji with a knockout dart. Don't stay in one spot for too long, keep an eye on the door and throw anyone trying to get out into the other mooks.

I’m only going to get one shot at this. Three blurs of motion drop from my hand, and with three pamfs black, oily smoke explodes into the room. The mooks around me startle, hesitant for just a second, confused. I move to the left quickly and quietly, re-positioning myself in the room. A tap to the side of my helmet and the thermal vision in my cowl flips on, revealing men around me trying to get up and move closer. Their hands reach forwards and fingers claw in the darkness, some rubbing their eyes.

Drawing a blowdart from my pocket and bringing it to my lips, I let loose a single dart towards Inubashiri’s still sitting figure, hoping to hit the red mass representing her body. A quick movement of her hand that swipes the dart out of the air dashes those hopes, and an almost offended sounded voice barks something in Japanese: “甘い!” A shout, before Inubashiri coughs loudly, covering her eyes as she stands and moves to leave the room, blurs I assume are the Aki sisters following her. I can hear a stumbling footstep right behind me before I can move to follow.

“I found hi-“ The mook’s declaration is cut short as I bring my elbow back, slamming into the mook’s gut. He bends over with a choked gasp, and I quickly grab his upper body and flip him forwards, into a second mook, the two crashing across the tatami mats with a loud bang! I don’t let them recover, jumping forwards and delivering an elbow drop, breaking ribs with a crunch. My victims' screams of pain draws attention, causing the bunch to come at me at once. Two down, twenty-two more to go.

The men who come at me come at me blind and stupid. Neither karate practice twice a week at a rent-a-sensei Dojo for appearance nor a few bar brawls provide enough skill to take me on. In the smoke it’s easy to handle them. I duck under the first’s hands, kicking him in the shin and knocking him down into my uppercut, sending him sprawling into his friends. A second comes from my side with a wild haymaker I don’t even have to avoid; I have to deliberately step into it to flip him onto his back in a throw, twisting his wrist hard enough to crunch painfully, causing the mook to let out a shrill scream of pain. I kick him forwards into the mass of advancing thugs, causing another couple to trip forwards. I almost feel too cruel when I kick the two in the temple, once twice, but I figure I’ll get over it.

My advantage of vision is almost too overpowering in this situation; I duck and weave between mooks, elbowing, kicking, punching, throwing in a flurry of motion, the cracks of bones and the groans of pain are like a melody as I get caught up in the fight, punching at elbows and kicking at knees, twisting hands and body parts. I can’t afford to hold back on these men, and I don’t want to; anyone here has SOME rank in the organization, and doing this will slow down operations in Gotham.

As I bring down what I think is seventeen, I hear a shout of anger to the left; I turn and see a large vase in the air, thrown at me while I was distracted breaking another man’s arm. I quickly duck to the left but it’s not enough, the vase hits the side of my head and I go spinning to the floor, dazed for a moment. A groping kick finds my side, a jolt of pain as the others descend on me, three or four of them kicking at me while I’m down, trying to get their cheap hits in on the man who beat up the rest of their buddies.

I have to get out of this situation, or I’m done for. These mooks may fight poorly but you don’t have to be a good fighter to take out a man on the ground. I’m lucky I went this long without getting caught, really, but I’ll be luckier to survive if I don’t move, even though blows rain on my back, my sides, even a couple hitting me in the head. I draw a new batarang of Nitori’s and with a quick stab, shove its edge into one of the mooks’ foot. Just as planned, he lets out a yelp of pain, and falls to a knee. With his body lowered to the ground I grab his suit and pull him over me, to take the barrage of kicks aimed for my body. It takes a moment for the other mooks to stop their assault, and I kick the man upwards, into the three above me. The three flinch as their friend is kicked into them.

That moment of hesitation is all I need to get up and vanish into the now thinning smoke. The pain is already subsiding, thankfully due to that body armor, and now these punks don’t stand a chance. I descend on them from all directions, trying to make this quick; I’ll have to get out of here quickly if I want to stop Inubashiri and the Aki sisters. I disable the other mooks with painful but quick attacks; one with a nerve strike to the back of the neck, another by flipping him into his friend, digging my heel into their hands on the floor as I move past them, and finally the last goes down with a suplex from behind, leaving him sprawled behind me.

When the smoke clears, twenty-four men lie on the ground, some unconscious, most in pain, all beaten.

No time to reflect over my victory; I deactivate my thermal vision and dash out the door where the Aki sisters and Inubashiri escaped out of, into an empty hallway. Stealth no longer an option at this point, I go whole hog and dash down the hall, turning when the hallway opens into the grand staircase. A pause, as I reach the opening to the stairwell. Wait, going out into the open like this might get me shot. A short peek around the corner will do, and outside I see… huh.

Inubashiri is being dragged by the Aki sisters, the youkai’s feet dragging, body limp. Two bodyguards, these with 9mm handguns pointed towards the staircase, cover them, as the Aki sisters pull Inubashiri out the front door. Guess catching a dart filled with tranquilizer is not the brightest of plans. Thankfully, the mooks don’t seem to have the order to advance; this gives me a chance to do one of two things. I could either try to pursue Inubashiri and/or the Aki sisters, and see if I can’t capture them for questioning, or I could take this moment the mooks are distracted and scared, and look for documents that might help me figure out Lord Tenma’s plans.

Hmm…

[ ] Back off, look for documents in the sister’s private rooms while you have a chance.
[ ] Pursue Inubashiri/Aki Sisters.
If second option is picked:
[ ] Jump the guards here, attack now, they won’t expect you to stroll out of a fight with twenty-four men.
[ ] No, that’s stupid, find another way.

>> No. 135001
Need to reread before I vote
>> No. 135003
[x] Back off, look for documents in the sister’s private rooms while you have a chance.

I'm interested in whether we're going to offer a job to Kochiya
>> No. 135004
Finally, after nine months I find out my plan actually worked.

[X] Pursue Inubashiri/Aki Sisters.
-[X] No, that’s stupid, find another way.

Something's fishy with Momiji. She didn't talk at all during the meeting. If she's supposed to represent Tenma, wouldn't she be a bit more proactive, not eyes and ears? Grabbing her could be the biggest disruption to the Tengu Youkai Yakuza, or a total bust if that's, in fact, a double. I'm taking the chance she's the real deal.
>> No. 135007
Is Momiji gonna be our Catwoman?
>> No. 135010
[x] Pursue Inubashiri/Aki Sisters.
-[x] No, that’s stupid, find another way.
--[x] Sleep Gas batarng to the front.
They're dragging an unconscious body: they're moving slowly and with only two guards. A batarng on the front will make all the group sleep. After that you got yourself 3 VIP prisoners.
>> No. 135011
[x] Pursue Inubashiri/Aki Sisters.
-[x] No, that’s stupid, find another way.
--[x] Sleep Gas batarang to the front.

I had given up hope of this ever being updated. Waiting warmly.
>> No. 135013
[x] Pursue Inubashiri/Aki Sisters.
-[x] No, that’s stupid, find another way.
--[x] Sleep Gas batarang to the front.

>I promise to update 4 times a week or more from now on!
>promise

Just remember I know where you live if you fail you uphold that~
>> No. 135034
[X] Pursue Inubashiri/Aki Sisters.
-[X] No, that’s stupid, find another way.
--[X] Sleep Gas batarang to the front.
>> No. 135038
File 129833813515.jpg - (181.61KB , 850x833 , surprise Aki sisters.jpg ) [iqdb]
135038
[X] Pursue Inubashiri/Aki Sisters.
-[X] No, that’s stupid, find another way.
--[X] Sleep Gas batarang to the front.

No, I can’t pass these three up. It’s a golden opportunity, I dare not miss it. I reach into my belt and draw one of Nitori’s new Sleep Gas Batarangs. It flips open when I draw it, a miniscule canister underneath it with a small dial over it. The dial lists a number of meters, assumedly when the gas would be released. A quick eyeball of the distance, and I put it at… ten meters. That’s a good distance.

A heft, and then a toss around the corner, letting the Batarang turn sharply to zwip down the stairs. I give the people downstairs several seconds, not daring to come out in case I missed and alerted them, until I hear one of the Aki sisters cough. “W-what the hel- it’s the… the Bat…” My chance is presented, and I quickly take it.

I turn the corner and dash down the stairs, a batarang in my left hand and the batclaw in my right. The two bodyguards with the Aki sisters react with sluggish movements, their pistols slowly raised up, sights wandering around my profile. I throw my batarang with one hand and fire the batclaw with the other; the one on the left takes the Batarang to the arm and, while he doesn’t drop his pistol, grabs it in pain, lowering his gun awkwardly. The other takes the batclaw over his hand; a perfect shot. I yank him forwards as I run, and he stumbles… directly into my fist. Already sleepy and unable to think, the mook falls.

Even slowed down by their help, the Aki sisters can’t react quickly enough to drop Inubashiri, draw their pistols, and turn to me. By the time they do, it’s too late; I duck under her (Minoriko’s?) pistol and shoulder-tackle her through the door, out of the house, and a snap-kick smacks the pistol out of the other sister’s (Shizuha’s?) hand, sending it across the room.

“W-wh… how the hell did you… get past… twenty four of our me…” Shizuha (?) can barely utter out the last of her sentence before she collapses, the criminal finally succumbing to the sleeping gas. I can’t even smell it; it dispersed quickly, yet was strong enough to put the guards off their game this quickly? Recruiting Nitori was a good idea, alright.

It doesn’t take long to get the three prisoners in the back of the car and handcuffed; Nitori’s batmobile has a remote that lets me easily get it down the driveway, and the other mooks seem to have went into the house to look for me. ... wait a second...

Something’s not right here. If this is Tenma’s bodyguard, there should be more guards here. Hell, even though I thought of the guards upstairs as mooks, they were certainly higher ranked than your average street trash. But here I am throwing these three into the back seat of the Batmobile in cuffs with ease. It’s a bad feeling… but maybe they were just underprepared, and I’m overthinking things…

[ ] It’s a trap. Ditch the three and leave.
[ ] Doesn’t matter, take them, be prepared for anything.
[ ] Set off the plastique. That'll distract any pursuit.
>> No. 135044
[x] Doesn’t matter, take them, be prepared for anything.

Tenma is honorable
>> No. 135045
[x] Set off the plastique. That'll distract any pursuit.

You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. Nor can you kidnap a few important gangsters without using an explosion of some kind to distract thugs.
>> No. 135047
[X] It’s a trap. Ditch the three and leave.

When Batman suspects something, it's probably true.
>> No. 135048
[x] Set off the plastique. That'll distract any pursuit.
[x] It could be a trap. Search them throughly in a safe place for tracking devices and the like.
-[x] To prison we go.

Do they have a bomb in their stomach or something...? let's hope not.
>> No. 135053
[X] Set off the plastique. That'll distract any pursuit.
[X] It could be a trap. Search them throughly in a safe place for tracking devices and the like.
-[X] To prison we go.
>> No. 135054
[X] It’s a trap. Ditch the three and leave.
>> No. 135055
[X] Set off the plastique. That'll distract any pursuit.
[X] It could be a trap. Search them throughly in a safe place for tracking devices and the like.
-[X] To prison we go.
>> No. 135056
[x] Set off the plastique. That'll distract any pursuit.
[x] It could be a trap. Search them throughly in a safe place for tracking devices and the like.
-[x] To prison we go.
>> No. 135057
[x] Doesn’t matter, take them, be prepared for anything.

We don't want to throw them in prison yet. They are knocked out and asleep, and haven't been interrogated. Their new jail cells can wait till we have questioned them.

Unless, of course, Wayne can simply interrogate them in prison, in which case this is all just meaningless reasoning.
>> No. 135059
File 129836144981.jpg - (105.07KB , 400x500 , momizzzzzi.jpg ) [iqdb]
135059
[x] Set off the plastique. That'll distract any pursuit.
[x] It could be a trap. Search them throughly in a safe place for tracking devices and the like.
-[x] To prison jail we go.

There’s no point in letting these criminals go, even if it is a trap; I’ll just have to search them, in case they have a tracking device or something. Once I get in the car, I fiddle with the remote to go on auto-drive, directing it to go to the I-95, and then head up and down it for a few dozen miles. Nitori’s auto-drive system probably couldn’t handle a high speed chase, if it came to that, but it probably could handle this. The car begins to move by itself, and given a chance now, I clamber into the back, already stuffed full of criminal bodies.

Of course, I can’t leave without discouraging possible pursuit. I go ahead and finally press the small detonator in my belt, and I’m rewarded with the vibrations of an explosion, and seeing the mansion lights go out through the back window. As the Batmobile veers into the shadows, the lights of other cars move towards the now pitch-black mansion, men getting out in headlights and moving towards the mansion. Good, I’ve bought myself some time.

I’m not in the clear yet; I have to make sure these three don’t have any tracking devices or weapons. Normally a female police officer would do this, but that isn’t an option right now. I start with Inubashiri, first removing her hair ribbons and checking for bobby pins; I find two, and remove them. Next is ribs to hips, searching for strange objects in her clothing. It’s not hard to find a cell phone; I remove its SimCard and toss the phone itself out the window. Leg search doesn’t find anything in particular; not even a concealed knife or blade. Strange, but lucky. I find her wallet, though, and toss that in the front as well.

The Aki sisters are a little different when I search them down; Minoriko (?) has a knife in her back pocket, a cell phone (Which I give similar treatment to Inubashiri’s), and a magazine of ammunition hidden in her undergarments. Shizuha’s (?) hidings are far, far more sinister; unlike her sister’s phone, Shizuha’s is on, calling a “943-332-1523.” I memorize the number, turn off the phone, take the SimCard, and toss it out the window. She must have made the call before I attacked, in case this happened. Thankfully, I searched her now; I might have had to deal with a car chase. Shizuha also has a few bobby pins in her hair, and a small derringer strapped to her thigh. The gun is disarmed and tossed out the window, and the bobby pins are confiscated.

Now that the three criminals have been disarmed, I’ve got a chance to collect my bearings and consider my next move. I could take them to a precinct; they probably have warrants for their arrest, or at least can keep them detained for a few days, with Hakurei’s pull, but if I did that, I might not have a chance to further interrogate the three. I can either go ahead and drop them off, or interrogate the three. Of course the question is… where, when, and how?

[ ] Take them to jail.
[ ] Interrogate.
-[ ]Who?
-[ ] Where?
-[ ] How?
>> No. 135060
[x] Interrogate.
-[x] Who?
--[x] Minoriko and Shizuha Aki first.
-[x] Where?
--[x] Find a really tall building.
-[x] How?
--[x] Use standard fear tactics, and try to find somewhere to chip at them. Keep dangling off a building and bat-knuckle sandwiches to a minimum, but still use them sparingly. While a great staple of bat-intimidation tactics, over reliance on them is silly.
---[x] Alternately, use what worked for Batman in JLA and whisper "I know where you live" in their ears.

Shitty vote ahoy!
>> No. 135063
>>135060
[X] Interrogate.
-[X] Find an abandoned building with several rooms.
-[X] Tie up the Aki sisters in the same room, but separated far enough that they'll have to speak loudly. Don't wake them up now, let the sleep gas wear off.
-[X] Take Inubashiri to another room. Wake her up. See if she can speak English.
--[X] "Who are you really?"
---[X] If she insists she's Inubashiri, note that Inubashiri carries a sword and shield, this girl was unarmed, and made the mistake of catching a potentially poisioned dart when she could have dodged it.
-[X] Once you've wringed her out, knock her out.
-[X] Wait for the sleep gas on the Akis to wear off. Give them a minute to talk, then walk in and take Shizuha to a different room.
-[X] Ask her a few minor questions, but make loud banging noises when she answers (ideally, Minoriko will hear the bangs, but not the questions).
-[X] Knock out Shizuha, go to Minoriko. Here's where the real interrogation is.
--[X] "Dealing with Tatara was bad enough, now where's Deadshot?"

It's a little Michael Westin-esque, but it should scare Minoriko into singing like a bird.

>>135060
>whisper "I know where you live" in their ears.
They already know that.
>> No. 135064
[x]Interrogate
-[x]Shizuha
-[x]Rooftops
-[x]Bat-interrogation?

Shizuha seems to be the brains of this outfit, considering she was the only one level-headed enough to call for help. If anyone knows anything of note, it will be her, I'm sure of it.

I have no idea how we are going to interrogate her, though. It's hard to determine how we are going to grill her without seeing or determining her mood. I'm sure someone will come up with something better.
>> No. 135078
[X] Interrogate.
-[X] Find an abandoned building with several rooms.
-[X] Tie up the Aki sisters in the same room, but separated far enough that they'll have to speak loudly. Don't wake them up now, let the sleep gas wear off.
-[X] Take Inubashiri to another room. Wake her up. See if she can speak English.
--[X] "Who are you really?"
---[X] If she insists she's Inubashiri, note that Inubashiri carries a sword and shield, this girl was unarmed, and made the mistake of catching a potentially poisioned dart when she could have dodged it.
-[X] Once you've wringed her out, knock her out.
-[X] Wait for the sleep gas on the Akis to wear off. Give them a minute to talk, then walk in and take Shizuha to a different room.
-[X] Ask her a few minor questions, but make loud banging noises when she answers (ideally, Minoriko will hear the bangs, but not the questions).
-[X] Knock out Shizuha, go to Minoriko. Here's where the real interrogation is.
--[X] "Dealing with Tatara was bad enough, now where's Deadshot?"
>> No. 135079
[X] Interrogate.
-[X] Find an abandoned building with several rooms.
-[X] Tie up the Aki sisters in the same room, but separated far enough that they'll have to speak loudly. Don't wake them up now, let the sleep gas wear off.
-[X] Take Inubashiri to another room. Wake her up. See if she can speak English.
--[X] "Who are you really?"
---[X] If she insists she's Inubashiri, note that Inubashiri carries a sword and shield, this girl was unarmed, and made the mistake of catching a potentially poisioned dart when she could have dodged it.
-[X] Once you've wringed her out, knock her out.
-[X] Wait for the sleep gas on the Akis to wear off. Give them a minute to talk, then walk in and take Shizuha to a different room.
-[X] Ask her a few minor questions, but make loud banging noises when she answers (ideally, Minoriko will hear the bangs, but not the questions).
-[X] Knock out Shizuha, go to Minoriko. Here's where the real interrogation is.
--[X] "Dealing with Tatara was bad enough, now where's Deadshot?"
>> No. 135086
I think the folks with teh long votes might want to switch the sisters around as Shizuha comes off as more the brains.
>> No. 135089
>>135086
The two were equally in control of the meeting. I wrote the vote on the basis that Minoriko seems to be less prepared, and thus easier to break.
>> No. 135100
File 129843301884.jpg - (346.52KB , 730x1032 , battle momiji.jpg ) [iqdb]
135100
[X] Interrogate.
-[X] Find an abandoned building with several rooms.
-[X] Tie up the Aki sisters in the same room, but separated far enough that they'll have to speak loudly. Don't wake them up now, let the sleep gas wear off.
-[X] Take Inubashiri to another room. Wake her up. See if she can speak English.
--[X] "Who are you really?"
---[X] If she insists she's Inubashiri, note that Inubashiri carries a sword and shield, this girl was unarmed, and made the mistake of catching a potentially poisioned dart when she could have dodged it.
-[X] Once you've wringed her out, knock her out.
-[X] Wait for the sleep gas on the Akis to wear off. Give them a minute to talk, then walk in and take Shizuha to a different room.
-[X] Ask her a few minor questions, but make loud banging noises when she answers (ideally, Minoriko will hear the bangs, but not the questions).
-[X] Knock out Shizuha, go to Minoriko. Here's where the real interrogation is.
--[X] "Dealing with Tatara was bad enough, now where's Deadshot?"

Finding a place to interrogate the three is actually the easiest part; Wayne Industries owns a number of warehouses that are rarely checked for particularly that purpose; not officially, of course. I drive to one of them, hiding the Batmobile nearby in a dark alley; this should keep my car from being bothered by the random homeless man.

It takes a few minutes to get the warehouse unlocked, the heat on, and the girls in; the warehouse’s password-protected lock opens easily with the master code, and once I’m inside turning on the heat is trivial. The warehouse itself seems to store large racks of slender, 1” piping, ranging in lengths from 10 feet to 50 feet long. Taking the Aki sisters and Inubashiri into the warehouse, I drag the sisters into the warehouse office and cuff their legs to pipes on either side of the room, trapping them across the room from each other.

Inubashiri, on the other hand, I drag out into the warehouse, and lean her against a trash can. She’s still cuffed, and unconscious. I’ll start with Inubashiri first; if my suspicions are correct, then she’s not actually Inubashiri, but a imposter. Then again, I didn’t find a bug on her….

Regardless, there’s only so much nighttime to burn; time to wake her up. I pull out the little bag of smelling salts I take around, and wave it under Inubashiri’s nose. It takes her a few seconds to start, but she does, eyes fluttering open and staring at me with angry, hate filled eyes. “バットマン!” She says, no, growls at me, making a sleepy, tired effort of struggling against her handcuffs, teeth bared. Those handcuffs are police standard, though; breaking out of them with muscle alone is only possible for metahumans.

“Let’s talk.” I growl back, reaching over and grabbing her shirt, yanking her up to my level, so she can see my mask up close. “Who are you? Some amateur who makes rookie mistakes? Certainly not a seasoned warrior.” The woman makes a distasteful face, before finally speaking back in English.

“I am Momizi Inubashiri.” Her English is actually very eloquent, even in what must be anger. “Do not make such base assumptions of me, coward.” Big words from someone in cuffs. I growl.

“The Momizi Inubashiri, Tenma’s bodyguard, without her sword, saying nothing of import in a meeting?” I sneer at her, playing up on her pride. “Lies, only an imposter would make such foolhardy and weak-looking choice.” Inubashiri’s lips turn into an angry scowl, my taunting pushing her further and further into anger, stupid anger that’ll make her slip.

And then, she smirks into my face. “It seems the Batman is arrogant.” Before I can figure out what that means, Inubashiri viciously head-butts me, knocking me back with a single blow that makes being kicked on the ground seem like a picnic. I let go of Inubashiri, blood pouring from my nose, as the woman brings her hands from behind her back, the handcuff dangling from one wrist.

Damnit.

“Did you really think I’d let your dart knock me out? That sleeping gas was a good idea, and you must have found Shizuha’s traced cell phone…” Inubashiri has a trash can lid in one hand and a broken steel pipe in the other, hefting the two. “But I can do without my sword.” A predatory look matches my eyes, a woman very capable in hand-to-hand, maybe even just as much as I; and very strong. “Aniki will save quite a bit of money when I kill you…”

Stupid, Bruce, stupid. Should have woken up the sisters first, they might have spilled the beans… but now I have to do something or I’m dead.

[ ] Take her head on. She won’t expect it, and if you get in close you can use her shield against her.
[ ] Batarang the lights and get the hell out of there, you need to attack from an obscured position.
[ ] Screw this, toss another sleep gas batarang at her. That’ll put her tantrum down.
[ ] Another plan.
>> No. 135106
Uh-fucking-oh.

On one hand she could still be lying, on the other hand we are potentially in shit so deep its deepness is on par with Neon Genesis Evangelion.

What we know about Momiji: She's extremely powerful. She's very specialized in sword and board fighting, possibly to the exclusion of meaningful unarmed capabilities, as evidenced by her immediate acquisition of a sword-like and a shield-like.

What we know but Batman doesn't know: She has extraordinarily sharp senses.

Grappling is right out, she'll overpower us then skullfuck us. What we have over her is a nonreliance on weapons and a bunch of tools.

[x] Flashbang, then toss batarang. Get some distance, then toss the sleep gas batarang at her. If she's still conscious, which is probably a given, we should try to morphine her after using our last smoke bomb for cover, and then knock her out with good old fisticuffs, getting rid of her shield if possible before doing so.

Also, probably a shitty vote but oh well.
>> No. 135126
[x] Flashbang, then toss batarang. Get some distance, then toss the sleep gas batarang at her. If she's still conscious, which is probably a given, we should try to morphine her after using our last smoke bomb for cover, and then knock her out with good old fisticuffs, getting rid of her shield if possible before doing so.
>> No. 135129
[x] Batarang the lights and get the hell out of there, you need to attack from an obscured position.

Her main senses are sight and hearing; if we can get in the dark, and make a few distracting noises, we'll have a good chance of catching her by surprise. Darkness and surprise are batman's elements.
>> No. 135130
[x] Take her head on. She won’t expect it, and if you get in close you can use her shield against her.

I am irritated. Taunts can work on both parties, and her implying that The Batman is an arrogant fool has certainly pissed me off. We'll show her that the Batman isn't some unskilled rookie piece of shit. It's time for some 1 on 1, faget.
>> No. 135132
>>135130
Reminder: She's a Tengu and with all the strength that goes with it.
>> No. 135133
>>135132
Reminder: We are the goddamn Batman.
>> No. 135135
>>135133
Reminder: We're human. With human levels of strength. A single wolfheadbutt made Batman long for the time he was on the ground getting kicked around. Momiji can probably snap Batman like a twig.
>> No. 135136
>>135135
Reminder: We're covered in armor. That headbutt was a cheap shot at one of our only unprotected areas. Though Momiji is undoubtedly physically stronger than Bruce, there is no way she is his superior when it comes to the martial arts.
>> No. 135141
File 129846211948.png - (317.61KB , 300x452 , IBROKEBATMANSBACKONCEBEFORE.png ) [iqdb]
135141
>>135133
>>135136

Yeah about that, oh and the image is quite related...

[X] Batarang the lights and get the hell out of there, you need to attack from an obscured position.

That suit better either breathe or have some powerful, scent-free deodorant.
>> No. 135156
[x] Batarang the lights and get the hell out of there, you need to attack from an obscured position.

Stick to your strengths.
>> No. 135162
>>135141
That's not exactly a good image, considering Bane fought Batman when Batman was exhausted after fighting the entire night and recapturing all the escaped criminals from Arkham. From what I remember, Bane fought Batman when Batman was at his most tired and exhausted. Bane was smart to do so.
>> No. 135163
[X] Batarang the lights and get the hell out of there, you need to attack from an obscured position.

Probably the best choice considering Batman has always operated best in the dark. Still unlike his mostly human criminal enemies in the comic books, wouldn't most youkai have better nightvision? Still he has fought against superhuman enemies and won through sheer skill, so we might not be outclassed as much as I thought.
>> No. 135170
[x] Flashbang, then toss batarang. Get some distance, then toss the sleep gas batarang at her. If she's still conscious, which is probably a given, we should try to morphine her after using our last smoke bomb for cover, and then knock her out with good old fisticuffs, getting rid of her shield if possible before doing so.

Batman or not, taking her head on would most likely result in getting our asses handed to us.
>> No. 135173
>>135163
If it was Mystia or Wriggle; we'd be in more trouble as they'd have nicer night vision than most.
>> No. 135179
On one hand, he's Batman. He routinely stares down nigh omnipotent beings and entire governments and gets them to back down. Physical Gods are afraid of him. Superman is more scared of Batman then he is scared of Darkseid.

On the other hand, Batman did not become such a terrifying presence by screwing around. The open displays of defiance, self-confidence and intimidation are for later, when the Legend has grown. For now:

[X] Batarang the lights and get the hell out of there, you need to attack from an obscured position.

Then

[X] Use Flashbangs to augment disorientation and incapacitate Night vision capabilities of our Youkai opponent. Additionally, use pepper spray/capscaicin capsules to severely incapacitate the target's sense of smell.

Finally,

[X] Use Batrangs to stun/knockdown target and then move in for takedown, followed by restraining her more comprehensively. Consider dislocating one or two joints to limit her mobility. As a Youkai, such injuries are of minor long term concern to the target, while still providing maximum efficiency in the short term.

He is Batman. He strikes from the shadows, without warning. He moves fast, strikes hard and never lets his prey get away. He is the Caped Crusader, the Dark Knight of Gotham. He will never kill, but he is never gentle, nor merciful to criminals. He dislocates limbs, he breaks bones, he incapacitates by any means necessary his adversaries. He's the hero that crosses the lines, that skirts the edge between the "acceptable" behaviour or a hero with his sheer brutality, intimidating presence and outright reliance on fear to cow his enemies.

He is Vengence. He is the Night. He. Is. BATMAN.

Sure, by the end of my plan, Momiji might lose temporarily her sense of smell and spend a week or two recovering from dislocations or eyestrain, but she'll recover. And she'll start to see the Bat everywhere, to fear that he might once more break one of her limbs, or take away her sense of smell, or her vision with a simple capsule taken from his utility belt.
>> No. 135240
File 129856974916.jpg - (71.01KB , 500x315 , Batcat.jpg ) [iqdb]
135240
I did my 4 posts in a week, so I'm going to work on this secondary project before I go ahead and update. Shouldn't take more than a day or two, I look forwards to the next fight scene. Thanks for voting, readers!
>> No. 135521
File 129909700356.jpg - (49.18KB , 500x500 , woof.jpg ) [iqdb]
135521
Post up by this evening, I got distracted by Okami. Ammy is the best dog ever.
>> No. 135557
File 129913691068.jpg - (70.66KB , 650x500 , angrymomi.jpg ) [iqdb]
135557
[X] Batarang the lights and get the hell out of there, you need to attack from an obscured position.
I can’t win in a straight up brawl with this woman; she’s too strong, and good enough that I won’t be able to surpass her natural abilities. I’ll need to really put the fear of the Bat into her so that the next time I face her, she won't be even one-tenth as fierce. I hold my position, raising my cape forwards as if to prepare for her advance; Inubashiri similarly raises her shield and watches me closely, as if the two of us were waiting for the other to make a move. Behind my cape, my other hand reaches to my belt and readies my second smoke gas grenade, quietly removing the pin and holding it. One…. Two…. Three…. Now. I drop the canister on four. It lands with a clatter that makes Inubashiri start!

She leaps forwards, a furious war cry as the smoke grenade explodes in a blast of thick, black smoke, and at the same time, I fire my grapnel, letting it carry me away from the smoke cloud, away from Inubashiri… and towards the south window, where, outside, I can barely see a power cable connected to the warehouse. I can hear Inubashiri coughing; her sensitive wolf youkai nose must not be able to handle the smoke. Good.

I’ll only have one shot at this. The grapnel pulls me up to some crates, and I hang on the edge, not affording myself the time to hurry up; it’ll only be a matter of time before Inubashiri stumbles out of that smoke, and if she can still see messing with her nose will have meant nothing. I hurl a batarang, out through the window, into the night… and through the power line, the entire place going dark as it slides through.

Perfect.

“Turning off the lights won’t hide you from me!” Inubashiri yells, and through thermal vision I can see her running out of the smoke cloud. She looks around wildly for me. Left, right, behind things; anywhere but up. They never look up.

The next step of the plan is a flashbang. I ready the one in my belt, giving it a few seconds, before tossing it down near Inubashiri, pulling my cape up to protect my eyes. Inubashiri hears the flashbang land and she turns around, sword and shield at the ready. “そこ!” She shouts, before a deafening bang erupts forth, and I hear nothing save a sharp ringing in my ears.

Now’s my chance! I leap down to where Inubashiri wobbles, her sense of balance and sight lost to the flashbang. Inubashiri doesn’t react to my movement, the flashbang having robbed her of her senses. The woman grits her teeth, putting her shield up, as if to defend herself against my incoming hand, but she faces an entirely wrong direction. From behind, I roughly grab her sword arm, kicking a knee out from behind. Her mouth turns into a o of surprise, then her face scrunches in pain, making a scream I can't hear, as I grab her arm, one hand on her forearm, other on her upper arm, and force the elbow to dislocate. I can almost feel her pain as she drops the pipe, falling to her knees. I’m not done yet, though; Inubashiri’s a youkai, she’s tougher than most, so she can take more pain.

I raise my armored heel, and bring it down on Inubashiri’s foot as forcefully as I can. Tears come to Inubashiri's eyes, the woman leaning forwards and vomiting onto the floor as I grind her foot bones into the ground. Her cringes of pain enforce my dominance, the feeling of her bones fracturing, crippling Inubashiri.

I step away a moment, watching Inubashiri writhe on the floor. She casts her shield aside, cradling her damaged arm, trying to curl up on the floor. Tears stream down her face; apparently she wasn’t expecting this kind of sudden assault, with no holds barred. Maybe she was even used to getting into firefights, but not like this; not sudden, not brutal, not crippling.

I reach down and grab her by her ceremonial wear, dragging her up to my eye level. Her throat rumbles with a weak growl I can't hear, the word "C-coward..." on her lips. I grip her hair and slam her head roughly against a crate, hard enough to smash through the wood, and with that, Inubashiri passes out.

I lay her gently down, looking over her wounds, making sure they’re not fatal. They aren’t; the arm might not heal well, nor the foot, but she’ll survive. I notice she has a cut on her scalp, bleeding profusely. Head wounds always look worse than they really are… maybe I can use that in my next interrogations.

Right, the sisters. They're probably awake by now, but maybe I should wait a bit before I interrogate them...

[ ] Interrogate them now.
[ ] Wait, wait, gotta clean up, first.
Then:
[ ] Interrogate Shizuha first
[ ] Interrogate Minoriko first.
>> No. 135559
[x] Wait, wait, gotta clean up, first.
Then:
[x] Interrogate Shizuha first
>> No. 135560
[X] Wait, wait, gotta clean up, first.
[X] Interrogate Shizuha first.

>"C-coward..."
Honor is an antiquated idea to make fights seem more fair, when they aren't supposed to be. If you ever end up in a fair fight, you did something wrong.
>> No. 135561
People only fight fair if they have something to lose. /quote
>> No. 135563
File 129914619570.jpg - (105.87KB , 480x360 , i have the weirdest boner right now.jpg ) [iqdb]
135563
>"C-coward..."
Says the unconscious youkai with a broken foot and arm.

Also picture relevant to the latest update.
>> No. 135568
[X] Wait, wait, gotta clean up, first.
[X] Interrogate Shizuha first.
Fights with rules are games. And he's not playing here.
>> No. 135573
Why are you guys insisting on cleaning up? At most restore power so there's light. Let them see that their best fighter was utterly helpless before us (not like Momiji is awake to tell them it wasn't a fair fight). Let them fear our wrath, our ruthlessness, our Vengeance and our skill. The one we interrogate will break in a heartbeat once she sees the broken body of Momiji by our feet.

"She wasn't cooperative. Talk."

The Batman is a man of few words. A few, very effective words. As for their suffering? They made their choice when they became criminals in Gotham, in OUR city. They refuse to talk? We have no time for criminals with delusions of grandeur about their resistance to interrogation. We break them.

Remember folks, quick, brutal, efficient and intimidating. We want them to fear every goddamned shadow by the time we're done here. Which means that, once the interrogation is over, we get to pull the old "Batman disappearing trick" while we call Gordon to have him pick them up and arrest them.
>> No. 135576
[x] Interrogate them now.
[x] Interrogate Shizuha first

I feel really bad for Momiji. It didn't have to be like that, man. Her foot will be okay, right?
>> No. 135581
[x] Interrogate them now.
[x] Interrogate Shizuha first.
>> No. 135582
[x] Interrogate them now.
[x] Interrogate Shizuha first.
>>135573
What he said.
>> No. 135584
>>135573 here.

Maybe I got something wrong in my evaluation. Time to clean up what? Ourselves? Momiji didn't have time to beat the crap out of us, as I recall, so we should still look the part of an invincible Dark Knight. Clarification is needed, my Inquisitor colleague.

Also, note to Nitori, include sound dampeners in our helmet/cowl to counter the sound attack part of flashbangs, as well as the deafening and disorientating effect of close range indoors gunfire. Ideally, the system would work with a smart recognition of sounds in microseconds or less to permit otherwise unhindered hearing, but a simple active or passive sound filtering system that we could activate and deactivate at any time (thus allowing us to be prepared for a fight, but less useful if taken by surprise) based on certain frequencies would also be acceptable.Remember folks, Batman is also about palliating weaknesses with technology.

That said, I am surprised at how easy it was to crush Momiji. I would have expected youkai physiology to be more resilient to damage overall, yet her joints and bones offered little resistance. Something to study in the future, we/Batman knows little about the exact limits of youkai physiology and we/Batman hates to be in the dark about anything.

We need to pull a Batman Gambit or two in this CYOA.
>> No. 135587
[X] Wait, wait, gotta clean up, first.
[x] Interrogate Minoriko first.

The option to clean up the scene itself bothers me enough to choose it. If the destruction of the room a non-issue why would the idea pop up in BM's head in the first place..?
>> No. 135588
[X] Wait, wait, gotta clean up, first.
[x] Interrogate Minoriko first.

About what Batman did to Momiji, was he ever really known for breaking their bones like what he did to Momiji? The only Batman I've ever really seen was the BTAS/Justice League version.
>> No. 135590
[x] Wait, wait, gotta clean up, first.
[x] Interrogate Shizuha first.

As much as Momiji's broken body would make an excellent interrogation tool, I doubt it'll work in our favour trying to do it while our hearing is still affected from the flashbang.
>> No. 135592
>>135584
I'd like to note that we're still deaf from the flashbang. Being mostly deaf for the interrogation is silly beyond silly.
>> No. 135594
>>135588
The Batman from Arkham Asylum does. And as he's the Batman of Paul Dini, he's the BTAS/JLU/BB Batman as well. It's just that in the shows, doing such to put his opponents down for good wouldn't pass the censors. So they simply gave him an hell of a right (and left) hook/uppercup/straight punch. And for most mooks, a really good punch is all that's needed. Although, if you listen carefully in the game, some of those punches, kicks, elbow and knee strikes do break or fracture bones fairly often. Most of the mooks you fight in the game are going to end up in the hospital, some of them in Intensive Care. And that's just with the punches. Takedowns outright dislocate or break bones in such ways it's surprising there isn't a open fracture or two on those limbs.

For Youkai? You gotta put them down for a week to be sure they won't pop back up unexpectedly in 5 minutes. And they heal hellishly fast (as they are supernatural creatures), so Batman's estimation of Momiji's injuries is probably incorrect, she'll likely heal almost perfectly, something which will probably end up causing Batman's aversion for magic in this universe.

>>135592
Yeah, you're right. And, as I re-read the previous threads, she did make us nosebleed from her headbutt. We do need to clean up a little to present a truly indomitable image.

Also, a little thing from the previous threads that scared me for an instant, Yukari Yakumo from YakCorp, which made me fear for an instant that she was Lex Luthor in this universe. Fortunately, LexCorp exists as well, so Yukari isn't (necessarily) a bad girl.
>> No. 135600
>>135594
From what I remember about LexCorp, isn't it known for copying designs from Wayne Enterprises? Also just because LexCorp is perhaps a more international baddy, doesn't mean YakCorp is nicer, since its scheming might be of a more local variety.

Also I forget, but does this story take place prior to the "freaks" becoming Gotham's major problem? By "freaks" I mean the supervillains like the Joker.
>> No. 135607
File 12992016632.jpg - (358.85KB , 1024x768 , one of the two.jpg ) [iqdb]
135607
[X] Wait, wait, gotta clean up, first.
[X] Interrogate Shizuha first.

Right, I’m still bleeding a bit, and I can’t hear yet. I snap my fingers twice, and the silence confirms it. I’ll have to talk to Nitori about getting sound dampeners for the suit; that edge could mean life or death in a fight. First up, though, is washing myself off. I whip my flashlight out, and go to the bathroom.

The bathroom in the warehouse (Every Wayne Industries warehouse has a basic unisex restroom) is dark and quiet, and here I can concentrate on getting some paper towels and some ice cold water, washing the blood off of my face. A little pressure gets the bleeding to stop; I should look fine now, but with the blows I sustained today, Genji will probably notice. I’ll have to come up with an excuse for the office.

Next is setting up the interrogation scene. First I use the flashlight and make sure the area I bled onto is clear of my own blood; it won’t matter to the Aki sisters, but if a corrupt cop ends up down here, and Bruce Wayne’s blood is found, it could be bad. Thankfully, there’s only a drop, easily wiped off.

After that, I check Inubashiri. Her head has left quite a puddle on the floor by now, but checking her signs, she’s still breathing, and her scalp’s stopped bleeding. Just in case, I tear a sleeve off of her top and wad it up, then adjust her position so her cut is pressed against the cloth. That should keep pressure on the injury and allow it to stop bleeding. Lastly, I take some tarp and light piping and planks, and lay them near or over the woman. After a few minutes, one can see her broken, swelled foot, and the blood puddle seeping from the pile. That’ll be intimidating.

I snap my fingers again, and this time it comes audibly. Perfect, time to act. I place the flashlight on a trash can, and walk into the office, night vision goggles on.

“Where is my lawyer?! I’ll have your ass thrown into prison for abduction, you son of a bitch!” Minoriko shouts and rages, while Shizuha keeps her mouth shut, brow furrowed. Forget Minoriko, my target is the older sister. I reach over and roughly undo Shizuha’s handcuffs, leading her to shout and scream. Minoriko looks up in the dark, shouting even more abuses. “Let go of my sister, or you’ll be knee deep in convict co-“

I slam the door behind me, Shizuha helplessly struggling against me. She’s a lot less bossy without a dozen mooks. I turn off my thermal goggles as we get close to the flashlight and I toss her roughly to the floor, leaving her face right next to the blood puddle. I almost enjoy seeing her face pale.

“Gonna torture me, Batman?” Shizuha speaks, slowly and clearly. Even scared, she’s got a quiet will to her, as she looks up to me, eyes filled with some kind of half-baked resolve. Not enough resolve to shake me; not that it matters how much resolve she has. “Let’s get this over with, I’ve got a reservation for Asahi’s in two nights, and I have to pick up a new dress tomorrow.” Bravado won’t phase me.

I pick up a pipe nearby, and heft it. Shizuha flinches. A growl escapes my lips. “She didn’t want to talk. Now where’s Tenma?” Shizuha shrugs.

“Hell if I know.” WHAM. I slam the pipe into a trash can near Shizuha, causing her to practically jump out of her skin.

“WHERE’S TENMA?!” I bellow this time, at the shaking Shizuha. She speaks back defiantly.

“I-I wouldn’t tell you even if I did know!” She squeaks, and I can tell even though she’s frightened, she doesn’t expect me to hurt her; not smacking her with the pipe seems to have boldened her. It doesn’t matter, though; I’m not really interrogating Shizuha; she seems too smart to spill the beans without trying to trick me. I slam the pipe again, making more noise.

“TALK!” Another two slams of the pipe, three, but this time, I clip Shizuha’s shoulder, causing her to yelp in pain, and causing some real fear.

“I-I don’t know!” She shouts, loud enough for Minoriko to hear. Perfect. I draw a knockout dart and lean down, covering Shizuha’s mouth and pressing the dart into her neck. It takes a second for Shizuha to pass out, her eyes going wide, then dimming, head lolling to the side as she goes unconscious.
“LIAR!” I shout, then begin to slam the wall vigorously with the pipe over and over. I don’t have anything that makes sounds like crunching bone, but this will intimidate the hell out of Minoriko. I keep it up for about a minute, before stopping. Silence returns… a telling silence. Minoriko isn’t shouting obscenities anymore. Good.

I cover up Shizuha, to hide the fact that I haven’t actually brained her, and stride towards the office, to a much quieter Minoriko. The girl yelps when I grab her and unlock her cuffs. “G-get away from me!” Weak punches and kicks smack against my armor; worried punches and kicks. Scared punches and kicks. I toss Minoriko near Inubashiri, much like I did with Shizuha. Unlike Shizuha, Minoriko is much more obviously scared. Her false bravado is gone. “W-what did you do to 姉さん?”

“She didn’t want to talk. Now…”

[ ] INTERROGATE
>> No. 135615
>>135607
Quick, brutal, efficient and utterly terrifying. Perfect. She'll sing like a canary.

Our questions should be relatively simple.
First, the meeting felt odd, and Batman knows when to trust his instinct. We need to know what was happening and why. Why were there so few guards? Why were they so unprepared? Why was the meeting arranged and what was discussed during it?

Second, the location of Tenma is an obvious one. If not Tenma himself, one of his closest lieutenants (or the sisters' direct superior) will be far more then enough. Habits, favoured locations, known or hidden vices they like to indulge and where, schedules they like to keep, etc. Information is power, even if it seems without any impact on the Mission. Even rumours can provide enough information to track them down.

Third question should be information about the sisters network of goons and informants, both amongst crooks and the GCPD itself. Delivering this information to Commissioner Gordon... hum... Captain Hakurei would undoubtably help her efforts to clean up the police, as well as provide approachable informants within the criminal underworld. Information regarding their financial assets, available equipment and hardware, as well as any property possessed is also in this question.

Fourth, the Scarlet Devil. Once again, even rumours about either her or her lieutenants can provide us a lead to follow, and the ranks of Tenma are bound to be filled with tales and hearsay about their primary adversary. Everything is of interest, from her favourite way to extort people to which side of her bed she likes to sleep.

Fifth, information on Deadshot. While the name is evocative of his/her possible abilities, we need more to get an idea of how Deadshot will pursue us and try to kill us. Once we have a profile on the assassin, it will be easy to stay 50 steps ahead of him/her.

That should pretty much cover it for the sisters, as they are fairly high level mid-management types, but not high enough to deal with the boss himself. If Minoriko dries out as a source of information, switch around to Shizuha again and see if she's more cooperative now. Momiji should be left for last, if we consider it worthwile. While Tenma has likely compartmentalized his organization, the information to be gathered from the sisters should not be inconsequential and may be of great service to Captain Hakurei, especially if we can provide more and allow an even bigger move against the gangs. Taking down the Aki managed parts of Tenma's gangs would be a good catch, but hardly irrecuperable if Tenma doesn't fall alongside them.

We also need leads on the Scarlet Devil, mostly because she's something of an unknown to us, which is bad news. We have some information on Tenma already, due to his long history in Gotham, but the Scarlet Devil is a newcomer. Revisiting Sanae to question her (relatively gently, she's the daughter of friends of the family) should be added to long term objectives as she does owe us and her contacts are unlikely to have gone to ground already. Seeing if her reconciliation with her parents is going well (thus preventing a slide back into crime) is an agreeable bonus. Nota bene: consider contacting the Komeiji sisters to evaluate Sanae's behaviour and psychological issues, then preparing job offers as both Bruce Wayne and Batman accordingly. If she wants a purpose in life and a chance to make a difference for Good, then she could be an asset to the Mission. (There are always opportunities to build up Batman Inc./the Bat-Family)

Addendum: Consider asking Nitori to occasionally act as Mission Control/Oracle from the Batcave for the riskier operations. Real time access to information networks and computer systems would be invaluable.
>> No. 135616
>>135615
Let's go with this. You seem to know what's what.

[x] What >>135615 said
>> No. 135654
Same here.

[X] What >>135615 said.
>> No. 135658
>>135615
>>135616
>>135654
Farbeit from me to dictate what is or isn't valid, but do you think maybe you could...I dunno, condense that into a few sentences?
And put a [x] in front of it?
>> No. 135744
File 129937350554.jpg - (152.22KB , 450x338 , sisters.jpg ) [iqdb]
135744
[X] What >>135615 said.
“What was the meeting about? Why were there so few guards?” Your first question is pretty straightforward; no point in beating around the bush, and Minoriko is fully aware of the consequences of not answering my questions, so she won’t lie to me, even with a less simple question to start. Police interrogators can’t skip the punching, so normally they would try to ask simpler questions.

“I… w-we were just doing routine reports…” Minoriko looks like she’s trying her upmost to convince me that she isn’t lying. “W-well, except for Momizi being there!” They’re on a first name basis? “She thought if you knew she was there you’d attack and underes-s-s-stamate her.” At the end Minoriko stutters a bit, my clenching fist eliciting a scared reaction. “H-honest! S-she said it’d be a great ambush chance! B-b-ut… oh, Momizi…”

Fine. The explosion should have given the police a chance to get into the Aki Sister’s home anyways, I can get more information on the exacts of the Aki Sister’s subordinates from Hakurei. There’s more important questions to ask now, anyways. For example…. “Where’s Tenma?” I ask, picking up Minoriko by her lapel and shoving her against the wall with a bang!

“I-I don’t know, I swear! He could be anywhere!” I growl and raise my fist, and Minoriko shakes her head wildly, tears streaming from her eyes. “No, w-w-wait! I know where he will be!” I pause, just a second. Minoriko takes this as prompting to continue before I break her nose. “There’s going to be a big power meeting at Asahi’s, at nine PM on Thursday! All the heads are gonna be there, and me and Shizuha were invited!” Before I can point out she’s not a member of the clan, she continues. “I think he was gonna initiate us tonight…” Hmph, fine.

Might as well try to pick up more information on my target. “How does he normally travel?” Minoriko thinks.

“Well, normally with Momizi… but he normally travels with an entourage. Always the respectful guys… he doesn’t like braying, he s-says…” Minoriko thinks, trying to keep me from ‘killing’ her. “He always sits on the right side of the back seat of the car… d-doesn’t like sitting behind the driver, he says.” That could be useful… “A-and he’s always carrying a sake jug! And his tengu sandles are blue! And gold trimmed!” Minoriko starts to ramble. “A-and he has a sore hip when it’s wet, I think! And and an-“

“Enough!” Minoriko squeaks and quiets down. I can’t let her get herself too worked up. “Who do you have on the inside? Any cops on your payroll?” The change of topic settles her, as she tries to think about something else now, slowing her down.

“U-uh… Raito, Hijime, Smith, Walson, and… uh…. Watson. That’s who Me and Shi… Shizuha…” Minoriko chokes up a bit, sneaking a glance at what she can see of her sister under the pile of junk. Still… Raito and Watson are both in Hakurei’s MCU.

“Are there any others from your organization?” Minoriko shakes her head rapidly, then nods, then shakes her head.

“Y-yeah, but I don’t remember ‘em! Shizuha always kept notes on that stuff!” It’d be in the files, then. I’d better tell Hakurei to get down to the mansion herself and secure what she can before the in guys get rid of the evidence. “A-all I know is that the Scarlet Devil’s gang has a couple, too! I don’t know their names!” Fine, fine. Change subject and calm the girl down.

“The Scarlet Devil. What do you know about the gang?” Minoriko makes a screwed up face.

“I… uh… uh….” I twiiiist the lapel, try to make her think. “I heard she’s really a vampire…” Not good enough. “W-wait! One of the boys at the dock heard she made a purchase from a boat from Hong Kong!” Huh, much better. “H-human trafficking! Said she was a pretty redhead, in addition to the usual!”

“The usual?” I ask, slooowly easing up on the pressure, encouraging her to continue talking. She nods franticly.

“Y-yeah, she’s always buying people, I heard.” Disgusting. “I guess maybe she is a vampire…?” I lower the girl, giving her a chance to breath. She gives a nod, hesitant, grateful, as I let go of her. Perfect. Respond to the negative reinforcement. “A-also… I hear she really likes those old western movies… with the dastardly villain and such…” She tries to smile a bit, and quickly stops when I don’t respond.

“Who is this Deadshot?” Minoriko’s eyes widen again, the girl stepping back into the wall I shoved her into just a few seconds ago.

“I… I hear she’s insane. T-they say a CEO hired her to kill an Eskimo landowner in Alaska, and… and she waited three weeks in the snow for him…” She gulps. “L-lord Tenma wanted us to contact her to kill you…” I glower, and Minoriko looks even more scared.

“She hasn’t shown up yet! She said she’d contact us when the job was over!” Minoriko looks away. “For all I know she quit on us…”

“So, she’s a sniper?” Minoriko shakes her head, then nods, then shakes. That again.

“No… well, yes. She snipes, but I heard she took out a room full of people a few times. Wrist mounted magnums with belt feed, or something… she even killed some people in the offices nearby.” Minoriko frowns and tries to think a bit more. “I, uh… I hear she’s even good with swords and stuff. I hear she’s the one who cut off Murakami Gennosuke’s horn, and that she even learned from the fabled Youki Konpaku.” Wait, from Konpaku? He wouldn’t teach someone like that, not the man I knew...

Enough was enough. I probably can’t get more out of this girl. Wordlessly, I draw the blowdart and jab it into Minoriko’s neck. She reacts quickly and falls unconscious, and I help her to the floor before taking a rope and tying her and Shizuha together. With that taken care of, I take my flashlight and walk out of the warehouse, leaving it closed behind me.

~

A quick trip to a public phone later, and Hakurei’s on her way to the Aki Sister’s mansion to get whatever she can, and some officers and an ambulance are on their way to pick up the Aki Sisters and Inubashiri. I leave the place far behind me, my options laid out before me. It’s only 2:00, I could probably still move to the docks and see if I can’t find Patchoulli’s warehouse. If I interrogate her, I could get probably get better information.

The alternative, of course, is continuing patrol. I haven’t gone on patrol yet tonight, and someone has to keep the streets safe. Either way, I’ve got a choice to make; I don’t think going home is acceptable for me this early into the night.

[ ] Find and interrogate Patchoulli Knowledge.
[ ] Go on patrol.
[ ] Go home and get Genji to tend to you so you don’t have to explain why you look like you fell down a ladder to Satori and Koishi tomorrow morning.
>> No. 135745
[x] Go home and get Genji to tend to you so you don’t have to explain why you look like you fell down a ladder to Satori and Koishi tomorrow morning.

The streets'll be safe for one night without us.
>> No. 135750
[X] Go on patrol.

Bats is already pretty battered from the 24 mook fight and then dealing with Momiji. Not the best shape to go after a mage with possible bodyguard support, but he's probably still good for taking out some thugs.
>> No. 135761
[x] Go home and get Genji to tend to you so you don’t have to explain why you look like you fell down a ladder to Satori and Koishi tomorrow morning.
>> No. 135773
I vote
[x] Go on patrol.

The Mission never ends and Batman needs little sleep or health care to endure. Hell, this isn't even a tenth as bad as Bane's plan to break Batman. We can take this and keep up the act of Bruce Wayne.

We did exceedingly well tonight. Our raid upon the meeting struck hard blows against crime in Gotham. For a time at least, Tenma's hold upon the GCPD and the criminal underworld has been weakened and we know where and when we can get him. We should have made sure with Jim Gord... Reimu Hakurei that the capture of the Aki sisters and Momiji will be kept secret or at least not drawn to attention. No need to warn Tenma that we know of his next initiation party, as security is already likely to be upped because of Momiji's incapacitation/disappearance.

We have intel on all subjects we need, except the Scarlet Devil, which is a shame, although her recent purchase from human traffickers is an interesting point. Perhaps that pretty redhead (obviously Meiling, perhaps she can be our first Batgirl?) can be used as an inside contact, should we locate her. Slaves are rarely well intentioned towards their owners in this day and age.

We need more intel on Scarlet. Our next step should be to seek out cautiously Knowledge, yet I think it would be better if we consulted with Nitori (as a kappa, she's more likely to be familiar with anti-magic precautions) before we approach Knowledge. Always be prepared for anything and we definitively aren't prepared to face a magician with confidence, not tonight at least. A simple patrol will be enough to end the night.
>> No. 135775
[x] Find and interrogate Patchoulli Knowledge.

I think we can do this. Ultimately, the blow we struck against Tenma's operations today was pretty small. If we take down Knowledge along with the Aki's/Momizi in the same night, it will spread fear among the ranks of both sides.

Though I am a little worried about Patchy's magic, but I'm sure Batman is up to the task. Those darts we've been using all night have certainly been effective, and should be doubly so against her frail body. We can totally do this.
>> No. 135792
[x] Inventory check

I'd rather take a look before deciding on doing something.
>> No. 135795
File 129939213429.png - (108.16KB , 350x500 , Batman and.png ) [iqdb]
135795
>>135792

I assume Batman restocks from the Batmobile, so...

Carried equipment:
1 Grapnel: 1 pocket
1 Grapnel Batclaw: 1/2 pocket
1 Frequency Scanner: 1 Pocket
1 Swiss Army Knife: 1/2 pocket
1 Miniature First Aid: 1 pocket
1 Flashlight: 1/2 pocket
2 Plastique Charge: 1/2 pocket each
2 Flashbang: 1/2 pocket each
2 Sleep Gas Batarang: 1/2 pocket each
2 Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket each
6 Batarang: 1/4th pocket each
1 Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge
1 Smelling Salts: One Cartridge
1 Putty: 1 cartridge
1 Evidence Bag: One cartridge
1 dose of Morphine: 1 cartridge

Batmobile:
1 Plastique Charge: 1/2 pocket each
5 Flashbang: 1/2 pocket each
3 Sleep Gas Batarang: 1/2 pocket each
2 Smoke Bomb: 1/2 pocket each
9 Batarang: 1/4th pocket each
2 Evidence Bag: One cartridge each
1 Knockout Dart, Blow-Propel x4: One Cartridge each
>> No. 135800
[x] Find and interrogate Patchoulli Knowledge.

However, we cannot make any assumptions as I don't think Batman has much experience against magic.
>> No. 135806
[x] Find and interrogate Patchoulli Knowledge.
-[x] Redhead?
I think we found our Robin guys.
>> No. 135809
>>135806
Or batgirl.
>> No. 135825
File 129941701143.jpg - (21.93KB , 321x585 , Batglare.jpg ) [iqdb]
135825
[x] Find and interrogate Patchoulli Knowledge.

It’s around 2:45 when the Batmobile reaches Gotham Harbor. Thank goodness the car has a built in air-filter; Gotham Harbor, as I’ve learned from previous patrols through here, has a terrible miasma around this time. The air inside the Batmobile, on the other hand, is pleasant and hardly disgusting, which makes driving on a search for Knowledge’s secret library warehouse much easier to focus on.

My first step to finding Knowledge's warehouse is to use the thermal vision to ‘look’ into warehouses. I look for warmer buildings; if Knowledge is in one of them, in this snowy weather, then that means the heat is on. Most warehouses won’t have central heating, but even a Youkai would need some kind of protection from the cold in this weather.

Thankfully, the Gotham Docks aren’t that large; after about twenty minutes, I’ve narrowed down the possible warehouses to three with central heating. I discount one for having its high temperature too centralized in certain areas, and too high; those would be heating units. That leaves two. I pull the Batmobile near to the closest one, a warehouse overlooking Gotham harbor, and exit.

Sneaking to it isn’t difficult; the only people who are at the docks right now seem to be security guards, who are almost too easy to avoid. In one instance, I see several security guards chatting nearby the suspected ‘library;’ I go ahead and use my grapnel, launching to the top of another warehouse. The security guards walk between the warehouses, none the wiser to my presence.

They never look up.

I go ahead and scope out the warehouse when I get there, silently observing from the top of that nearby warehouse, looking over possible entrances and exits. The warehouse is the same size as the one I interrogated the Aki Sisters in; that’s a standard size for Wayne Industries warehouses.

… hmm, if one of my warehouses is being used for criminal activities… I’ll have to look into our real estate branch. However, if this is a Wayne Industries-built warehouse, then I already know how to get in. I walk around the warehouse to confirm, snow crunching under my feet, occasionally leaping to another warehouse to get a look at a better angle. Windows just under the roof, a single skylight, the front door, and the office door are the only ways in, aside from the loading dock. The windows are lit; Knowledge must be awake in there. Or her guards. Hmm…

[ ] Go in the front door.
[ ] Go in the skylight.
[ ] Use the windows right under the ceiling.
[ ] Try to sneak a peek into the warehouse to get a better view of what's going on inside.
>> No. 135827
[x] Try to sneak a peek into the warehouse to get a better view of what's going on inside.

Peekaboo.
>> No. 135831
[X] Try to sneak a peek into the warehouse to get a better view of what's going on inside.

>>135806
>>135809
You're assuming she's recruitable based on unreliable information. What if she was a Chinese mercenary hired by Scarlet and brought overseas on the same boat as the usual victims?
>> No. 135832
>>135831
The only pretty redheads coming in from Hong Kong are gonna be Meiling.

It's obvious no other redheads exist.
>> No. 135835
>>135832
No shit, Sherlock. I was pointing out the possibility that she may not be a slave.
>> No. 135839
[x] Try to sneak a peek into the warehouse to get a better view of what's going on inside.

>>135835
It's just an idea, relax: we're not gonna vote (if that option even exists) to just trust her based on a rumor and a hunch.
>> No. 135844
>>135835
Mercenaries don't come in off of boats, but rather planes.

[X] Try to sneak a peek into the warehouse to get a better view of what's going on inside.
>> No. 135851
[x] Go in the skylight.

Even if we look in and get a better sense of what's going on here, we still need to actually infiltrate the warehouse. We might miss something important should we choose to use our eyes only. We should try and get close enough to actually hear what's going down. Or they will just be mooks standing around being stupid, who knows.
>> No. 135859
[x] Go in the skylight.

We can use this both for seeing and hearing, and also make a dramatic entrance.

Quick question: We know how most of the individuals and groups are portrayed in this story, but what about the Lunarians (not Eientei)? Will they be another company or gang, or will they be one of the examples of aliens/alien organizations, like the Martians or Green Lantern Corp?
>> No. 135894
[x] Use the windows right under the ceiling.

>>135832
Koa?

>>135844
Where'd you hear that?
>> No. 135900
>>135894
Movies, etc. Whenever you hear about an famed merc, they arrive in planes with whatever stuff arriving some other way if not making due with what they'd get here. Boats take too long compared to a plane.
>> No. 135906
File 129946784710.jpg - (5.86KB , 154x210 , Black Captain America Is Confused.jpg ) [iqdb]
135906
[X] Try to sneak a peek into the warehouse to get a better view of what's going on inside.

No, no, going in unprepared would be idiocy. I use the grapnel to slide down the side of the warehouse I stand on, and slowly make my way around, keeping to shadows and behind crates. Were I not in costume I’d just pretend I belonged here, but there isn’t really a way to do that when you’re Batman. A quick grapnel up the wall, and I’m on top of the what could be Knowledge’s warehouse.

First things first. I lower my head over the edge of the warehouse, to get a better look inside the window… and see what must be a bookshelf. A very huge bookshelf; it’s so damn tall I can’t really get a proper look into the warehouse, not even into the interior of the windows on the other side. How many old books does this woman have? And they are old, from what I can see; books with latin, Sanskrit, even Sylvian covers, most of which I can’t read.

I should make an effort to learn some of the mystical languages.

Seeing what this window has in store for me, I pull myself up, slowly making my way to the large sunroof, the window one of those that protrudes upwards, much like a little house. It’s covered in snow, though; I have to be careful here. I kneel and slowly, with a single finger, poke a small hole in the snow, digging out enough to be able to see the glass beyond.

Well. Inside I see… books. Large aisles of books, lengthwise from the loading dock to the office at the end. The place seems toasty warm, several strategically placed heaters where they can provide the most warmth without risking the books. The warehouse itself seems really well decorated; carpets between the bookshelves, covering bare concrete, and the office itself has a couple of large curtains over it. But that’s not what is the most disconsorting fact about it.

No, that would be the giant sign saying “Please use the front door, Batman” directly below the sunroof, in large, bold letters.

[ ] Well, use the front door.
[ ] Haha, no, smash the sunroof and head in.
[ ] No, no, use the side windows.
[ ] Retreat.
>> No. 135907
[x] Haha, no, smash the sunroof and head in.
>> No. 135908
[x] Well, use the front door.

She's inviting us in as a guest, and as per the rules of hospitality as long as we the guest do not fuck her shit, she's not only obligated to treat us very well, but also obligated to not fuck our shit. And whoever fucks the other person's shit is worse than Pol Pot, Stalin, and Ho Chi Minh. Seriously, fuck Hi Chi Minh.

Besides if she already knows we're here she could've already set us on double fire.
>> No. 135910
She's expecting him for some reason... question is what next. I'm tempted into retreating as well Batman don't have the element of surprise anymore, thus putting Batman at a disadvantage.

I dread what kind of traps Patchouli has in her house. I wonder if we can try to talk peacefully as she made a sign saying "use front door please", not a typical reaction of someone expecting us.
>> No. 135911
[x] Well, use the front door.

Well, if she was already expecting us... Besides, that doesn't mean Batman will enter without being cautious either. Patchouli is said here to be a friend of Remilia, but that doesn't mean she agree with what Remilia does. We don't even know if Patchouli actually did any crime.
>> No. 135916
[x] Well, use the front door.

I'm willing to give her the benefit of a doubt, more so as her warehouse seems more a library than a hideout/fort.
>> No. 135921
[x] Retreat.
Duh. If you're expected to do something, don't.
>> No. 135928
[x] Well, use the front door.

Well, since she asked politely.
>> No. 135933
[x] Well, use the front door.

As it's already been said, she had the courtesy to extend an invitation when she mysteriously already knew we were here. To ignore that and run away would be quite rude. Not to raise my hopes to high, but she might even be friendly!

Worst case scenario, I think Bat's can still take her.
>> No. 135940
[x] Well, use the front door.
>> No. 135955
File 129949246046.jpg - (50.51KB , 498x408 , trap.jpg ) [iqdb]
135955
[x] Place plastique on the power cable in case we need to kill the lights later.
[x] Haha, no, smash the sunroof and head in.
Pic related
If Patch wants to talk she can do so when we have the upper hand.
Also the bookshelves make for a confined enviroment with few nooks and crannies and grappling attampts may knock over the books and give away our position.
Of course that dosn't matter if it's too dark to see you and even if Patchy uses magic to light her way afterwards it buys time for a smoke bomb.
>> No. 135960
[x] Well, use the front door.

She already knows we're coming. If she actually wanted to lay a trap, she would have done it where she already knew we would be entering from and not given away the fact that she knew we were coming.

If she wants to talk peacefully, it wouldn't make sense for us to start wrecking her shit.
>> No. 135964
File 129950319441.jpg - (164.97KB , 800x600 , patchisummer.jpg ) [iqdb]
135964
[x] Well, use the front door.

I jump down from the roof, making a full circle around the warehouse, quietly observing. Most important is making sure I’m not walking into a trap; no men around the warehouse, no sigils (that I can see), nothing indicating a trap. I guess that leaves no choice. I walk around to the front, wondering how Knowledge knew I was coming. Did she have some kind of alert? Or had she simply guessed I’d come calling at some point, and left the poster up?

Nothing else to do, then. I go ahead and walk through the front door, my utility belt a little lighter. It’s unlocked, and the heavy metal door opens from the cold into a toasty warm room, pleasant music playing from a speaker nearby. A piano rendition of Clair de Lune. A small doormat lies before me, with a note taped to the side of one of the bookshelves; “Please close the door and wipe your feet; I’m in the office.” The cursive is large and very smooth.

Well, not much else to do. I close the door and wipe my feet, if only to not arouse suspicion, before walking down one of the bookshelves closest to the wall, observing as I walk. The carpet below is plush and soft, presumably for someone who might sit on the floor on occasion. Every once in a while, a ladder or a chair made out of finely carved wood is seen, as well as some kind of basic attempt at organizing the massive bookshelves, letters and numbers taped on certain shelves. I suppose Knowledge doesn’t use the DDS.

Soon enough, I arrive at the office. The door has a small plaque with a slot for a card of some kind; out front, it says “Enter.” The Curtains are drawn closed, and the music continues to play. Once again, without much else to do, I open the door, revealing a dimly lighted room.

The usual Wayne Industries warehouse office is spartan, allowing for the owner of the property to better adjust his surroundings to suit his needs. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one like this, though. Books are stacked everywhere, the ground covered in soft carpet, the file cabinets moved into the closet, and the space replaced with a queen sized bed. The room itself is cramped, and with all the books, a bit messy. Sitting at a desk on the far side of the room, near said bed, is what appears to be a woman, maybe in her late twenties, reading a book and writing with a quill on some parchment. She wears what almost seems to be a pink sleeping dress, long, soft purple hair draped behind her. A hat with a moon on it lies on a bedpost, and her eyes look down, focused on her work, the glasses over them giving her the look of an intellectual.

“That’s close enough, Batman. I have no intention of letting you get within arm’s reach of me.” She doesn’t look up to speak to me. When I say nothing in reply, she continues. “I am Patchoulli Knowledge. I will answer three questions to the best of my abilities, if you accept my conditions.” Her left hand rises, a single finger pointed upward. “One, you are to stay where you are, and leave without any trouble.” A second finger. “Two, you are to listen to our counter-proposal.” A third finger. “Third, you are to leave my books untouched. Is that clear?”

[ ] Accept her demands.
-[ ] Questions (Write in)
[ ] Do not accept her demands.
-[ ] Attack.
-[ ] Leave.
>> No. 135965
>>135964
[x] Make it abundantly clear that you want to know everything about the Counter-Proposal, legalese, small print, whispered-words-print and every single damn nook and cranny. In addition, this is not a question. It's a demand.

I'll leave it to someone else to figure out what we do if she refuses. Though I think leaving won't be an option.
>> No. 135966
>>135965
Let's see... We're at her home, she knew we were coming and we're not exactly prepared to fight magic users. I say fighting her would be a horrible idea at the moment.

[x] Accept her demands.

Now, what would be good questions?
>> No. 135967
[x] Make it abundantly clear that you want to know everything about the Counter-Proposal, legalese, small print, whispered-words-print and every single damn nook and cranny. In addition, this is not a question. It's a demand.
>> No. 135971
I'll try to think of some good questions; hopefully Patchouli's counter offer isn't too heavy. But I don't think it'd be a good idea to start making demands.
>> No. 135974
>>135966
I never said we should fight her. Fighting her would be idiotic, seeing as how we're tired from previous fighting, and we're on Patch's turf. And she's a magician. This place is tiny and cramped and we're going to get our shit stomped in.

Besides, Patch most likely won't pick a fight as long as we don't get any closer to her or do anything aggressive that makes it look like we're spoiling for a fight. Because this entire place is a hazard to her books if any fighting breaks out. And we know that she doesn't want one touched.

That aside, accepting her proposal when we don't know her proposal is asking for every single kind of trouble imaginable on the face of Gotham.
>> No. 135975
File 129952271155.jpg - (19.52KB , 300x400 , patchoulli reading.jpg ) [iqdb]
135975
For the sake of getting this out of the way; the regular votes aren't affected by this.

[x] Make it abundantly clear that you want to know everything about the Counter-Proposal, legalese, small print, whispered-words-print and every single damn nook and cranny. In addition, this is not a question. It's a demand.

Knowledge purses her lips at my demand, before nodding once, firmly. "You aren't being forced to accept it, simply listen; however I will ensure that everything about the invitation is spelled out for you. I understand your concern, after all, Batman." Invitation? Not a proposal? Hmm. Interesting.

[ ] Accept her demands. (Has 1 vote)
-[ ] Questions (Write in)
[ ] Do not accept her demands.
-[ ] Attack.
-[ ] Leave.
>> No. 135978
[x] Accept her demands.
-[x] Ask about the details of the redhead you heard about.
-[x] Ask about the officers on the take associated with the SDM.
>> No. 135984
[x] Accept her demands.
[X] In detail,what paranormal abilities do high-ranking members of scarlet's gang posess?
[X] What is the exact location of all of the SDM gang bases?
[x] Where are the people brought in by the SDM gangs human trafficing deals going?

Getting the most answers for our questions is importent here. The 1st question checks both scarlet herself and her immediate bodyguards (*cough*sakuya*cough*) for paranormal abilities and cheaks to make sure they are actualy vampires and not watered down versions like the komijis. the second one will make shutting down the gang easy and give us the location of the scarlets most likely location and the 3rd will give us a fast track to the redhead while also giving us a way of tracking down the scarlets exact location (follow the people she's likely bringing in to feed on.)
This is a rare oppertunity we shold milk it for all it's worth.
>> No. 135995
>>135984
A fine plan, unless she doesn't actually know.
>> No. 135998
>>135984
Refine your questions, good sir. Like so.

[x] Accept her bargain.
[x] First, I ask you to provide a comprehensive and complete description of all assets available to the Scarlet Devil and her organization : this includes personnel, funds (laundered or otherwise), holdings and businesses, hideouts, informants and pawns (both within the criminal underworld and within the police/city/state infrastructure), arms suppliers, drugs suppliers, human traffic suppliers, etc.

This question will provide all available information on the Scarlet Devil's organization. All of it in details. Including, for instance, where the slaves are kept, either by their nature as "ressources" or by the location of the "slave holding building".

[x] Second, I ask you to provide a complete and comprehensive description of the Scarlet Devil, her closest lieutenants and bodyguards. This includes their names, their nature, their powers and abilities,their habits and personality traits, etc.

The second here will provide profiles as complete as Ms. Knowledge can provide of the Scarlet Devil and her closest allies. Including Patchouli herself.

[x] Third, I ask you to provide a complete profile of the red headed woman recently bought by Scarlet. This includes her nature, her powers and skills, her role, her name, her personality, her location, etc.

This one provides us will all available information about the new arrival, as well as her disposition towards being recruited. If, for some reason, she is amongst those covered by the first or second questions :

[x] What additional informations would I need to bring down the Scarlet Devil and her criminal organization?

A question can be such a broad term. I hope Patchouli is prepared for a sudden exam.

When we are done hearing/replying to her counter-proposal/invitation, pull the "Batman disappearance trick". Batman can sneak around Yellow Sun-powered Kryptonians without being detected, Batman can sneak around Patchouli.

If she doesn't know, provide her with either a dead drop location or an untraceable e-mail address where she can leave/send the information when she has it. Her bargain has no time limits, after all.
>> No. 136001
>>135984
>>135998
>I will answer three questions to the best of my abilities

To the best of her abilities, right now! And you guys seems to believe she actively participate in Remilia's plans. The only thing we know is that she is her friend. If she just does what Remilia ask and stay in her library, then you guys just wasted questions.
>> No. 136005
>>136001
And I suppose you have better questions?
Don't be afraid to tell us, we're still voting.
>> No. 136012
>>136001
Its a pretty safe bet that Patchy knows at least the abilities of Remi and her close friends and bodyguards as they would meet often due to being friends. She would also likely know the location of at least some of the bases for the same reason or at least Remi's favourite haunts. However more In-depth information is less certain especially noting the redhead in particular as they will likely not have met.

If we are going to find the redhead though Patchy we will most likely do it though following the trafficking route.

Then again we don't know for sure how integrated she is with the SDM gang. She at least guessed Batman would find her (from the sign) and the speed and calmness at which she responded means this is planned and has been for a little while at least.
Unfortunately the only way we'll know how integrated she is, is to ask, wasting a question.

A good idea might be to use >>135998 's first question but casually mention human trafficking routes so we can follow the redhead. This frees up question 3.

An interesting thought might be to ask about magic. It's possible for humans in Touhou to learn magic after all maybe giving Bats a few small spells may be of use. Light spells can function like flash-bangs and a thick fog shouldn't be too hard and would replicate a smokescreen. That's assuming their no incantations to worry about though. Even if it's impractical we will know what other magic users are capable of.

At least with if we take a risk and assume she knows more then she probably does her response will still be of some help... maybe.

Changing vote >>135984 to
[x]Accept her demands
-[x] I ask you to provide a complete and comprehensive description of the Scarlet Devil, her closest lieutenants and bodyguards. This includes their names, their nature, their powers and abilities,their habits and personality traits, etc.
-[x] I ask you to provide a comprehensive and complete description of all assets available to the Scarlet Devil and her organization : this includes personnel, funds (laundered or otherwise), holdings and businesses, hideouts, informants and pawns (both within the criminal underworld and within the police/city/state infrastructure), arms suppliers, drugs suppliers, human traffic suppliers and routes, etc. (ensure she catches the part about the human traffic routes so we can follow this redhead)
-[x] What are the limits and possibilities of magic, both in use, difficulty/method of learning and limitation on what can learn it in the first place.
>> No. 136024
>>136005
Why not ask how 'in-depth' she's in with Remilia's gang? We can work the others two questions on her answer and we would already know if we'll have to fight our way out (in case we reject the invitation, which is probably likely).
>> No. 136051
>>136024
I think what >>136012 was saying was that we could use the assets,bases,etc. to figue that out while still getting an answer for our used question. the more in-depth her answer, the more she's linked with the gang. No need to waste a question asking it directly.
>> No. 136115
So, uh, which three are we picking here, guys?
>> No. 136128
>>136115
While I am uncertain of the need to pursue Magic as a tool, talent or skill, I will give my support to >>136012, so as to break the deadlock.
>> No. 136131
>>136128
To defeat Magus, you need to think like one. I will give my support to >>136012 as well.
>> No. 136152
File 129964321016.gif - (8.65KB , 200x200 , tired patchy.gif ) [iqdb]
136152
[x]Accept her demands
-[x] I ask you to provide a complete and comprehensive description of the Scarlet Devil, her closest lieutenants and bodyguards. This includes their names, their nature, their powers and abilities, their habits and personality traits, etc.
-[x] I ask you to provide a comprehensive and complete description of all assets available to the Scarlet Devil and her organization : this includes personnel, funds (laundered or otherwise), holdings and businesses, hideouts, informants and pawns (both within the criminal underworld and within the police/city/state infrastructure), arms suppliers, drugs suppliers, human traffic suppliers and routes, etc. (ensure she catches the part about the human traffic routes so we can follow this redhead)
-[x] What are the limits and possibilities of magic, both in use, difficulty/method of learning and limitation on what can learn it in the first place.

“Fine.” I accept her demands, nodding. She nods once, quiet, raising a hand to motion me along, as if to say ‘speak, speak.’ I do so, voice slow and gravelly. “I ask you to provide a complete and comprehensive description of the Scarlet Devil, her closest lieutenants and bodyguards. This includes their names, their nature, their powers and abilities, their habits and personality traits, and so on.” Knowledge nods once, before speaking.

“Remilia doesn’t have a lot of really close lieutenants. She doesn’t micromanage, she delegates. So…” Knowledge raises a finger, and an image of a young woman in a pink, frilly dress comes up, blue hair, red eyes. “Sixth generation kindred. Toredor. Skilled in the Dominate Discipline. I think I saw her turn into a bat, once.” Knowledge takes a few moments, taking deep breaths, before continuing. “She tends to stay up all night, obviously. Paranoia in part due to your influence has caused her to begun purchasing people to receive the vitae she needs.” The page under her fingers flips. “She is otherwise fairly cordial. A faint French accent; I am not sure if it because she is really French, or if it is an adopted trait.”

“Remilia is a vampire, and a Toredor, so she is very social.” Knowledge looks up. “This is part of what tonight’s dinner is about. She has the physical body of a little girl, but make no mistake, she is more powerful than most men in physical combat. She rarely uses her disciplines around me, so I don’t really know much more. She has a little sister back in France, but I have never had the chance to meet her.” Knowledge thinks a little more. “She has an allergic reaction to Garlic, and hates clergy of any kind. She will occasionally invite people to her home to dine; I have no idea where it is, I teleport there.” Knowledge nods, content she’s given me all I want on her. She hasn’t, but I don’t think I’ll press. There is more to come.

“Next is Sakuya Izayoi. She is Remilia’s second-in-command. Dresses like a maid, to avoid suspicion.” An image of a white-haired, cocky-looking young woman in a French maid uniform. “The Izayoi family is known for their attunement for magical artifacts. Sakuya is skilled with knives. I also believe she is a bit of a sociopath.” Knowledge sighs. “She has a thing for young, handsome men. Dismembering them, that is. I’ve never seen her lose a fight… but she is human.”

“The rest of her bodyguards and lieutenants are human, and not nearly as close as Sakuya.” Knowledge sighs, and dismisses the illusion. “There is this new bodyguard she has; some prodigy from China who can read body language, but she’s done nothing since she’s gotten here. Remilia was quite displeased at the lack of results.” Knowledge raises her hand again, signaling a quick break, and she breaths slowly. Hmm, weak constitution.

“I ask you to provide a comprehensive and complete description of all assets available to the Scarlet Devil and her organization : this includes personnel, funds (laundered or otherwise), holdings and businesses, hideouts, informants and pawns (both within the criminal underworld and within the police/city/state infrastructure), arms suppliers, drugs suppliers, human traffic suppliers and routes, and so on.” Knowledge gives me a particularly annoyed look.

“I can’t orally present all the information I have about that; you decided to wait all evening to show up, and now I’m particularly tired.” I’m about to protest when she holds her hand back up. “I’ll leave a dossier of what I know out in the mailbox outside, and you can pick it up tomorrow evening.” I’ll have to accept that, damnit. No point if your informant passes out halfway through a lecture. I nod. “I’ll give you the Cliff Notes now, then.” She leans back.

“All of the bases I know of are supply centers. They provide equipment, money, and fenced goods to the Scarlet Devil Gang’s operatives. I used to pick up my books from them; now they’re trucked to me directly.” Knowledge motions to a manila folder she’s pulled from her desk. “I’ll have specific details on that in the dossier.” Knowledge moves on. “As far as I know, the Scarlet Devil gang has roughly 500 members of muscle on staff at any one time. That doesn’t count lieutenants, smugglers, informants, and outside help. She has stock in multiple businesses, including Yakumo, LexCorp, and Wayne Industries, as well as launderers outside of the city as well. She has an extraordinary amount of support from out of city, but I have no idea where she gets the necessary funding for the Scarlet Mist Project.” The what?

“We have eight informants in the Gotham City Police Department that I know of. Three of them, Lamprey, Nixon, and Stacy, are in Hakurei’s MCU.” That’s almost half of the unit. Son of a bitch. “We also have many fronts for smuggling in the docks; I can guarantee that at least a tenth of the warehouses here are used for illegal goods, not counting Tenma’s warehouses.”

Knowledge takes another pause, leaning back to breath, eyes closed. For a moment, I think she’s asleep, but before I can approach her eyes open. “I’m sorry, I’ll have to cut to your third question. I’ll have the rest of the dossier ready by tomorrow afternoon.” Fine. I go ahead and move on.

“What are the limits and possibilities of magic, both in use, difficulty/method of learning and limitation on what can learn it in the first place?” The woman gives me a look like I asked a stupid question.

“Isn’t that something you could ask a professor…?” Knowledge sighs, rubbing her brow. “True ‘magic’ is rare and almost mythical; it is something that technology or nature could never replicate. Sorcery, which is probably what you are referring to, is the act of using Mana, personal energy, to create effects. Limits are bound by the amount of mana a mage has, which could be internal, or externally stored, and his understanding of the spell and the effect.” She sighs. “As far as learning it, sorcery is a lifelong career. Even now, I doubt you could attain a mana circuit; a catalyst internal to you that channels mana. If you could, though, perhaps in a decade you would be able to create cantrips.” A light smile, before a cough.

“If you have more questions about magic, ask a professor at Gotham University.” Knowledge scotches her chair back. “Now, it’s time…”

And behind me, I hear a woman finish the sentence. “… for you to hear the invitation.” I turn around, fists up, to see Sakuya Izayoi herself, the first lieutenant of Remilia Scarlet, standing not five paces behind me, giving me an amused look!

[ ] Attack!
[ ] Let’s hear this Invitation.
[ ] Leave.
>> No. 136153
[x] Let’s hear this Invitation.

Attacking is pointless now.
>> No. 136154
[x] Let’s hear this Invitation.

We have to agree to the deal and at an disadvantage. We'll worry about things another day.
>> No. 136159
[X] Let’s hear this Invitation.

We'll have to hear it.
Also how many crossovers does this thread have considering it's now DC, oWoD, and Touhou? Also is the "True Magic" bit a reference that this is also a Type-Moon crossover?
>> No. 136161
[x] Let’s hear this Invitation.

Batman is a man of his word. Though there is absolutely no way we will accept whatever this proposal is, we must listen to it. We gave our word.
>> No. 136175
[X] Let’s hear this Invitation.

>you decided to wait all evening to show up
Unless you're commiting a major crime or you're the Commissioner with the bat-signal, Batman gets to you on his schedule.
>> No. 136177
File 129965226771.png - (34.65KB , 252x318 , Sakuya umad.png ) [iqdb]
136177
[x] Let’s hear this Invitation.

Instead of reaching over and belting this known criminal, with crimes ranging from Second Degree Murder to Extortion to Robbery to Desecration of a Corpse, I hold back, watching her evenly. A deal’s a deal, and if I smack Izayoi I’ll miss the chance to give Captain Hakurei some ridiculously incriminating information; and information that will definitely strike a firm blow against the Scarlet Devil Gang. It bears wondering why Knowledge was allowed to spill the beans on this information; perhaps I’ll mull it over with Nitori later.

Izayoi pulls a card from her pocket; it’s dainty and pink, a light perfumed scent permeating from it. Izayoi holds it up with some degree of ceremony, and speaks. “To Dear Batsy; I, Remilia Scarlet, invite you to dine with me in my mansion three days hence, at the stroke o’ midnight! You are welcome to bring a single guest as your date, if you wish. Formal wear would be preferred, but you may wear your suit if you wish.” The entire speech, Izayoi has this air of superiority, as if she were talking to a bug she especially enjoyed antagonizing.

It really pisses me off.

“Tell him exactly how it works, Sakuya.” Knowledge speaks, and Izayoi nods, her face taking on a look of respect, before turning back to me.

"Listen up, Batsy." That word, again.

“First,” she begins, “You’ll come here and be teleported to the mansion’s waiting room.” Izayoi points to Knowledge. “You’ll probably have a chance to relax, unwind - we have a new worker who’s very good with massages - and then there’ll be dinner.” Izayoi clears her throat for a second. “The typical French dinner will be three-course. Hors d'œuvre, main dish, dessert. You’ll probably socially fence, she’ll probably try to figure out something about you, and vice versa. Her food will be a little different from your’s, but she won’t poison you.” A little smirk. “Dead bodies does put one off their appetite, after all.” Izayoi continues on, that haughty look still over her face. “Afterwards, you’ll retire to the lounge, and have after-dinner discussion. Politics, current events, movies, things like that.”
I can’t help but feel something’s not right here with this woman; that she should be more stoic, her manner is off, something. But that’s not what I’m getting now… maybe I should speak to Satori about this kind of behavior. “Any questions, ‘Dear Batsy?’” Knowledge shoots Izayoi an annoyed look, as if she’s lost her marbles. Izayoi continues to give me a look. A look that screams ‘Come at me, bro.’

[ ] Kick her ass.
[ ] Ask her why I’m being invited to dinner, and how I know it’s not a trap.
[ ] Accept the invitation.
[ ] Decline.
[ ] “I’ll think about it.”
>> No. 136182
[x] Decline.

Everyone cracks the batman with prep-time joke, but this is serious business. Batmans chance of making it out of that mansion alive is zero, should he choose to start shit. Likewise, smacking that smug whore one across the face will turn this into an extremely disadvantaged 2vs1. Patience is key here. The SDM will get it's time, but it is not now.
>> No. 136190
>>136182
well the goal isn't so much planning on messing things up, but basically managing the upcoming duel of wits with Remilia. I'm sure Remilia would have something planned for any 'uncivil' moves, either physically or to our reputation.

Also it'd be three days to clean up the Tengus and study the information that will be available tomorrow night.
>> No. 136192
>>136190
There is no upcoming duel of wits. Remilia is a criminal. Batman does not deal with criminals in any capacity. The only reason we would accept this invitation is to smash her face in and ruin her empire. Clearly, this invitation is a trap.
>> No. 136194
>>136192
Have you forgotten about his dealings with Catwoman? I also remember a few times where he basically had a few civil moments with certain villains (not the whack job joker types, but the 'respectible in daylight types'), definitely as Bruce, playing the role of a playboy.

If Remilia wanted to trap him, she'd have done so sooner. She's more interested in picking his brain and trying to figure out his mysteries.
>> No. 136195
[x] Decline.

Batman is never the type to do this kind of thing, but if he accepts then Remilia will have the upper hand. He would play along with this if he was truly given no other choice, but otherwise he would not go through this.
>> No. 136197
[X] Decline.

If Remilia thought Batman would actually accept this "invitation", then she's out of touch will reality. Not even Ra's al Ghul could get him to agree to a friendly dinner, and for a short time, he was Batman's father-in-law.

Speaking of which, who's going to end up as the local Ra's expy: Kaguya or Mokou?
>> No. 136198
>>136194
I had forgotten about Catwoman. She's a special case, though.

Regardless, her invitation is to Batman, who cannot afford to be seen consorting with Criminals, especially ones who are not 'respectible in daylight types,' as Remilia so obviously belongs too.

No. Batman can take down the Mansion without accepting this shitty obvious trap. He's took on trash like her before, and will do so again.
>> No. 136199
>>136195
Who to say a decline wouldn't mark an increase in agreesive action by her? Accepting would only make her think she has the upper hand. Contrary to popular belief, Batman isn't just a smash their faces in type. (That's more Superman's area of expertise) It's just that few seriously offer a civil invite free of traps.
>> No. 136201
[x] Kick her ass.
>> No. 136202
[x] “I’ll think about it.”
I think we should leave our options open. Batman is very busy after all and we shouldn't commit ourselves. at the same time though the chance this is a trap is very high, though it's also our best shot at [s]recruiting meling[s/] getting on the inside of the gang. If we do go, pack a GPS and keep a viechle on standby for an escape.
>> No. 136207
[x] “I’ll think about it.”
>> No. 136214
[x] “I’ll think about it.”
>> No. 136216
[x] “I’ll think about it.”
>> No. 136230
[X] “I’ll think about it.”

Eh just keep things open for now...
>> No. 136237
We could bring a guest?... I think we should verify if the Vatican has a certain Section XIII "Iscariot", just we could ask them to send Father Alexander Anderson to be our "guest".

Joking, of course.
[x] “I’ll think about it.”

Meiling is now confirmed to be the Cassandra Cain analog.
>> No. 136243
File 129970089936.jpg - (163.96KB , 1024x768 , batmobile.jpg ) [iqdb]
136243
[x] “I’ll think about it.”

“I’ll think about it.” Izayoi’s look of irritation at me not rising to her bait is almost as satisfying as having belted her would be. I don’t bother with goodbye, turning and walking out of the library. The two women are silent as I leave, and soon I’m out in the cold again. But I can’t leave quite yet. Walking back around the warehouse, I grab the two pieces of Plastique I put on the walls while I was walking around the warehouse – just in case – and put them back in my belt .
~

It’s about 3:30 as I drive through Gotham’s streets, considering what I’ve accomplished tonight. I’ve gotten information potentially secured on both the Scarlet Devil and the Tenma yakuza, I’ve sent Tenma’s bodyguard to the hospital, and put the Aki sisters behind bars. I’ve also been invited to a dinner date with Remilia Scarlet, and found out about Tenma having dinner plans in a couple of days.

I’ve got a few options. I can probably hit a couple of patrol spots before 5 AM, if I wanted to. I could probably also go back home without feeling like I’m copping out of my duty to protect Gotham. I’m sure there are other things I could do, too. Hmm…

[ ] Go on Patrol for an hour.
[ ] Get the batmobile back to Waynetech and go home.
[ ] I could… (Write in)
>> No. 136245
[x] Get the batmobile back to Waynetech and go home.
>> No. 136246
[x] Get the batmobile back to Waynetech and go home.
-[x] Take care of your bruises. 'I fell down the stairs' can only work so many times.
-[x] Make a mental note of letting Reimu know about the corrupt officers.
>> No. 136251
[X] Get the batmobile back to Waynetech and go home.

Even Batman needs to sleep. And the Komeijis are probably going to have a few choice words with Bruce about skipping out on dinner.
>> No. 136255
[x] Get the batmobile back to Waynetech and go home
>> No. 136259
[x] Get the batmobile back to Waynetech and go home.
-[x]clean up bruises before bed.
Bats needs to sleep too.
>> No. 136261
>>136251
We ditched them to go running around? SHIIIT. I forgot about that. We might have to use one of these days to make it up before too many questions pop up.
>> No. 136273
File 129973779240.jpg - (589.46KB , 1600x1000 , getter nitori.jpg ) [iqdb]
136273
[x] Get the batmobile back to Waynetech and go home.

It’s late, and I need to prepare for what is to come. If I’m going to accept this invitation, I’ll need to give Genji an order or two, and start my preparations as soon as possible. Either way, I have to return this.

Driving the new batmobile back into Wayne Industries is like putting away… a new car after getting to try it out, I suppose. It really is an amazing vehicle; it drives quickly and handles like a dream, even on the snowy streets. It’s a dream car and I’m glad Nitori made it. As I drive into the R&D garage, I see the girl, passed out at a lab bench. I park and exit the car, walking over to see what she’s working on.

Draped over the table is a large, black cape; part of it is rigid, as if made of a harder material; the rest isn’t. Interesting device. I leave the Sim Cards from the Aki Sister’s phones on the desk, write a quite note asking Nitori to look them over, and leave to undress and return back to my manor.

To continue my masquerade as Bruce Wayne.

~~

"Bruce... Bruce? Are you there, Bruce? Can you hear me?” It's that voice, again, that voice... so familiar, so close, yet so far. "Bruce, it's Barbara." Barbara... Tonight I can't see her, a familiar friend, partner, one of many, one of family. Who is she? Why do I feel like...

"Bruce, I'm going to try to give you more information, okay?" Again, the offer, again, a chance to know, to know things I shouldn't...

[ ] Magic
[ ] Youkai
[ ] Gotham City
[ ] Waynetech
[ ] Remilia Scarlet
[ ] Tengu Lord Tenma
[ ] Nitori
[ ] Dr. Whiterock
[ ] Jackie White
[ ] Batman
[ ] Bruce Wayne
[ ] Barbara?
[ ] Sakuya Izayoi?
[ ] Patchouli Knowledge?
[ ] China?
[ ] Write in?
>> No. 136280
[X] Barbara?
[X] Gotham City
[X] Sakuya Izayoi

I assume the maximum is the same as last time.
>> No. 136282
[x] Bruce Wayne
[x] Batman
[x] Waynetech

Know yourself, before the enemy. Or something.
>> No. 136294
If we write in someone she dosn't know about do we get a retry or is that a question gone?
>> No. 136295
>>136294
The general assumption is that she has somenotion about everything, but the Batman-related material much more so. It seems to hint that Bruce/Batman has been sucked into some weird alternate reality.
>> No. 136296
File 129975446875.jpg - (39.93KB , 410x390 , 1269193748858.jpg ) [iqdb]
136296
>>136294
>Oracle
>Not know about someone.
>> No. 136304
[x] Barbara?
[x] Remilia Scarlet
[x] Sakuya Izayoi?
>> No. 136318
[x] Sakuya Izayoi?
[x] Patchouli Knowledge?
[x] Remilia Scarlet
>> No. 136323
File 129979182696.png - (129.28KB , 320x240 , SOCK PUNCH.png ) [iqdb]
136323
>>136296
>using >
>> No. 136331
File 129979674452.jpg - (38.35KB , 490x326 , you obviously cannot fathom the fuck i do not give.jpg ) [iqdb]
136331
>>136323
>using >
>> No. 136338
>>135998
>>136128
>>136237
You seem to be reasonably intelligent, and not at all given to acting like a retard, so I'll extend that courtesy back to you:

Don't post with your name, here.

It's unnecessary on an imageboard unless you're an author (in which case you should get a tripcode as well, and even then, only use them when posting updates), and quite frankly, we look down upon it pretty severely.
>> No. 136339
[x] Barbara?
[x] Nitori
[x] China?

We know the least about two of these, and maybe not enough about the other.
>> No. 136360
[x] Remilia Scarlet
[x] Sakuya Izayoi
[x] Patchouli Knowledge

Bat-anon should also try to look into getting some fundamental knowledge about magic and youkai as soon as possible. Never hurts to know the fundamentals.
>> No. 136385
File 129984292421.png - (111.71KB , 320x240 , ZOK PUNCH.png ) [iqdb]
136385
>>136331
>> No. 136508
File 129995230140.jpg - (1.18MB , 1600x1200 , cogs.jpg ) [iqdb]
136508
[x] Sakuya Izayoi?
"Sakuya Izayoi... is a member of the Izayoi lineage. She's a firstborn, so when her father died she inherited the Izayoi Clock. At twelve she started training in Krav Maga: At twenty-two she was deemed a master of it. At twenty three she was headhunted by Remilia Scarlet. It's not entirely clear here about how Remilia made Sakuya serve her... something about Vitae, what the hell is that...? Anyways, now Sakuya serves this Remilia. She seems to be capable of teleportation or super speed or something; she's apparently murdered cops like this. She's also very good at this Krav Maga; not as good as you, of course, but it's something to keep in mind. She also carries her pocketwatch everywhere she goes... why does the Bat-computer make a mention of that...?"

[x] Patchouli Knowledge?
"Patchouli Knowledge is a mage in the sense that a book can read. She literally is what she channels, to a certain extent. She was once a human, but due to excessive dabbling in magic it overtook her existence, and now she is sentient magic, to a certain extent. She met Remilia Scarlet in 1832, in London. I'm not entirely sure how the two became friends, but they apparently did, and soon enough Remilia was privately funding Patchouli's magical research. The kind of relationship they have is interesting; Remilia keeps Patchouli at arm's length when it comes to her work, but gladly supplies Patchouli with whatever Patchouli wants. There's a purchase list a mile long for magical goods, some of which is illegal, most of which is just expensive. Some of this stuff you might even balk at, Bruce."

[x] Remilia Scarlet
"Remilia Scarlet was turned in 1634, and rose to power through economics. She was heavily invested in colonialism in other countries, especially in the new world. Her sire was uh... I can't find anything on it, but there is a record mentioning Remilia arranging for a unnamed man to be executed by "Leaving him in the stocks for two days." Remilia moved to the New World after the American Revolution; apparently she had bought a substantial amount of land in preparation for this, and had herself shipped there immediately after. There she allowed Ghouls to represent her 'family.' It wasn't until the formation of Gotham City and the mass Youkai population explosion there occurred that she came out of hiding and outed herself as an actual vampire." Barbara takes a deep breath. "It says she has major ties to the LaCroix corporation, and directly answers to a woman named... Feng?"

Barbara speaks to me, words of comfort, of encouragement, but I can't hear them. I can't hear anything. All I can hear is the endless grind of the wheels of reality, turning and shifting. The sound of cogs in the machine confuse me, paralyze me, trap me, drag me down and paste me until I am merely one of them, another cog...
>> No. 136509
File 129995238476.png - (210.41KB , 962x1227 , Batman does it again.png ) [iqdb]
136509
End of Issue #2 of Superstitious and Cowardly Lot: Investigation of Two Empires

Starring Batman (Created by Bob Kane)

Tune in Next Time for Issue #3!

~

Not that I'm an expert at writing comics, but it's mail time!

Before the next thread, feel free to throw in some comments/questions; if I can, I'll try to answer any questions that wouldn't spoil the fun.

Next thread should be up in a day or two.