[Return]
Archived thread

File 129820666121.jpg - (260.69KB , 900x675 , most of these things do not belong.jpg ) [iqdb]
134919 No. 134919
“Do you see him?”

“No.”

“Oh. How about in that one?”

“Tch. No.

“...oh. Ooh! How about in that one? Do you see him in there?”

NO, he's not-...wait, why am I the one who has to do this?! You're so worried about him, why don't you come down here and do this?!”

“Because Su-san an' me are looking out, right Su-san? That way none of those scary horned things can sneak up on us!”

Indeed, it is a sound tactic.
While the Celestial remains on the ground, moving from structure to structure in search of their quarry, the child and her companion provide support from the rooftops in the form of observation, well above the line of sight of anyone else on the ground, but with the benefit of coverage that simple flight does not permit.

Truly, this was the ideal position in which to be, enjoying the benefits of a greater field of vision without compromising the ability to conceal oneself should the need arise.

If any benefit was to be had of their previous encounter with the local fauna, it was the utmost importance of avoiding the detestable beasts if at all possible.
Or, failing that, having someone else who may be able to draw their attention instead of you.

A decoy is always a useful thing to have, after all

The Hell Raven certainly served that purpose well enough. The flash of light that was undoubtedly her work did an excellent job in attracting the attention of most of the beasts in this area, making it a simple matter of slipping past them. A most commendable diversion.

It is almost a pity that the fairy was likely the target of the Raven's attack. She displayed an unusual amount of strength and resiliance for one of her kind, giving her a level of utility above the mere cannon-fodder that so many others like her could only dream of aspiring to. Potentially, at least.
Her eccentricities, however, were beginning to prove themselves to be problematic. A liability. That she would stand against her supposed allies is something that could not be overlooked.

Insubordination will not be tolerated.

“So? Is he in there?”

“No! And...eugh! This is stupid! 'They probably took him to a bar' she said. There's nothing but bars, here!”

The Celestial's incessant complaints grow increasingly tedious, but this time they are not completely without merit.
A building-by-building search in a place of this size is inefficient, especially while attempting to maintain a low profile.
Were this damnedable city not already awash in the filth and toxins the locals imbibe for recreation, it might have been possible to detect the particular blend of poison in the human's body. As it is, it is doubtful such a thing would be possible unless he was already in close proximity.

Perhaps a more potent mixture should be administered, later?
If his propensity for wandering off cannot be corrected, precautions should be taken to ensure his swift recovery in the future, after all.
Of course, prevention is always preferrable to a cure.
A leash, then, perhaps?
Mmm~. That would be something, wouldn't it?

“Um, I don't think they make those for humans, Su-san.”

“...don't make what for who?”

“Huh? Oh, nothing!”


Little does she know...
It is of not great importance now, of course.
As the saying goes, she will better understand when she is older.
Finding the human comes first and foremost, now.
Business before pleasure, and all that.

How terribly vexing it all is, though.
Were those beasts not involved, it would be so much easier to simply flood the entire place with poision and then pick him out from the mass of corpses. It would not be a difficult thing to do, as he would be the only thing still moving afterwards.

Sadly, fortune is rarely ever so generous.

As if to emphasize that point, the child spots a small group of the horned beasts approaching from down the street. Neither they nor the Celestial appear to be aware of the other's presence

Both the child and her companion know that discovery would not be to their benefit, but how to best go about avoiding that?

The Celestial would provide an adequate distraction, allowing the child and companion to continue onward, but there may be other uses for her later.
Direct confrontation is undesireable, but perhaps if they were taken by surprise...
That other human even suggested a possible course of action should such a situation arise. Though the child is loathe to accept any form of assistance from that one, the idea itself has potential.
Assuming, of course, that it works...

Well, a contingency is never a bad thing to have, either.


[ ] Silence! Wait and see how the situation develops...
[ ] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...
[ ] Sacrifice! If she is to fall, at least it won't be in vain...
[ ] Ambush! They'll never see it coming...
[ ] Assault! Crush all who oppose us!

>> No. 134921
[x] Assault! Crush all who oppose us!
>Insubordination will not be tolerated.
So she is the one who poisoned her mind with such things.
>> No. 134922
[x] Sacrifice! If she is to fall, at least it won't be in vain...

Su-san pov, best pov.
>> No. 134923
[x] Assault! Crush all who oppose us!
>> No. 134924
[X] Sacrifice! If she is to fall, at least it won't be in vain...
>> No. 134925
[x] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...
>> No. 134926
[x] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...
>> No. 134927
[ ] Ambush! They'll never see it coming...
>> No. 134928
[x] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...
>> No. 134929
[X] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...
>> No. 134930
[X] Silence! Wait and see how the situation develops...

It'd be interesting to see how the pawn reacts when thrust into a dangerous situation. She is, after all, a powerful being. Strong enough to stand a crowd of lesser oni? We'll see.. and if nothing else, we can get all of these oni poison-drunk again.

>>134920
Who?
>> No. 134931
[x] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...

Can't decide between Tenshi and Parsee...
>> No. 134932
[X] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...
>> No. 134939
[x] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...
>> No. 134964
[X] Assault! Crush all who oppose us!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

KILLMAIMBURN!!!
KILLMAIMBURN!!!
KILLMAIMBURN!!!
>> No. 134993
[ ] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...
>> No. 135002
[x] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...

I so knew this was Su-san from the moment it talked about Utsuho being a diversion and Cirno as "useful."

I love it.
>> No. 135014
[X] Warning! Alert the Celestial, but don't tip your hand just yet...

I thought previous attempts at assault just made the oni high instead of dead.
>> No. 135065
File 129837004290.jpg - (480.58KB , 1000x830 , I TOLD you about poison bro.jpg ) [iqdb]
135065
Discovery at this moment would only be a detriment to the task at hand
Direct engagement with the brutes, more so.
As appealing as leaving the Celestial to deal with them would be, the prospect of encountering even more of those loathsome beasts later on necessitates a more conservative approach.

The Celestial must be warned of what is coming.

“Um...h-hey! Psst! Hey!”

The child's tone and volume is low and quiet, just as her companion instructs.
It would not do to have the very things which they wish to avoid alerted by the attempt to avoid them, after all.

Unfortunately, it also does not do to have the one whom you wish to warn not hear the warning you are attempting to give them.

While the child has halted at her current position, the Celestial has continued to move, getting further away from the child and her companion, and closer to the oncoming oni.

For the child to raise her volume is out of the question. The oni may be shameless drunkards, but their senses cannot be underestimated, no matter how incoherent they may appear.
Not even her companion dares risk exposure by descending and warning the Celestial directly, for fear of being spotted.

If only there were another way...

“Huh?”

Something discreet, yet certain to catch her attention.
Danmaku?
No, too visible from a distance.

“Hey, would this work?”

Some sort of poison?
Something that would get the Celestial's attention without any negative side-effects might be possible, but not with so little time in which to prepare it.
They cannot afford to hinder her utility unless absolutely necessary.

“Hey, Su-san, I'm gonna try this, okay? Su-san? Oh well..”

Or perhaps...

OW! What the-?!”

Something breaking.
Shattering.
The Celestial crying out in a mixture of pain and surprise.
Clutching the back of her head, as if struck by something.

What?

“Wow! Did you see that, Su-san? I did it with the very first one!”

The child is almost beaming with pride, holding what appear to be a tile of some sort in her hands.
A tile not unlike the ones beneath her very feet.
Her companion, though, can only offer a small shrug and a tilt of the head, clear signs of confusion.

“Huh? You didn't see? Sheesh!”

The child's voice carries a tone of exasperation not unlike that felt by her companion at that moment.
Hardly surprising, nor unusual, but for the vague sensation that the reason behind the feelings of one do not match those of the other.
That, most certainly, is not so common for them.

“You gotta watch this one, okay, Su-san?”

Holding the tile aloft, the child sends it flying through the air with a flick of her arm.
Cutting through the air in a graceful arc, it descends and soon finds its mark.
The side of the Celestial's head.

OUCH! Damn it, just what the-...HEY!

Finally noticing the bare patch of roof by the child's feet, her companion suddenly realizes just what had occurred.
Quite a remarkable display of resourcefulness and quick thinking, she must admit, utilizing some loose roof tiles as a projectile in such a manner.

Predictably, though, the Celestial does not share this appreciation of the child's actions.
Quite the contrary, in fact. She appears to be quite irate.
A state that, while seemingly typical for her, is not beneficial in this situation.

Alright, you little nutcase, what the hell is your problemb naugh auuug...bluh?!

Acting swiftly to intercept her as she sets foot upon the roof, the child's companion rushes in and administers a quick-acting poison to the Celestial's face.
Specifically, to her mouth.

Deftly avoiding the Celestial's feeble attempt to swat her away, the child's companion flutters back and admires her handiwork.

“Shh! Don't say anything, the weird people are coming!”

Seeing where the child is pointing, the Celestial offers little more than an angry groan before laying herself down upon the roof, with the child and her companion following suit.
Though the anger remains in her eyes as she glares at the two of them, she otherwise says nothing,

Not that she could, even if she wanted to.
Not for a while, anyway.

The child's companion can't help but feel a little pleased.
She had known the Doctor used such things in her profession, but she had never considered how she might be able to put such a poison to use.
She had never seen the need for it, until now.
She never had a need for it.

A poison that causes numbness, or even paralysis, is undoubtedly useful. But to limit it in such a way that it only affects that which it directly touches? Such a thing seemed too limited, too inefficient, to even consider using. Why numb only a part of a target, when you could just as easily numb all of it? Why stop an enemy from moving only a part of their body, when you can stop all of their body from moving?

How pleasant it can be to be proven wrong, from time to time.

Though she is undoubtedly upset, the Celestial's body is otherwise unaffected by the poison that has rendered her mouth completely numb. Mental faculties are intact, and her ability to move as needed should not be hindered in any way. Meaning, of course, that she is still capable of performing any task that might be required of her.

She does not need to be able to talk in order to do her job, after all.



[ ] Hold. Wait for them to pass before acting further.
[ ] Move. Attempt to slip away, and get as much distance from them as possible.
[ ] Follow. They seem to be talking about something...
>> No. 135068
[x] Follow. They seem to be talking about something...

Su-san is one hell of a soziopath. Stalking time.
>> No. 135069
[x] Hold. Wait for them to pass before acting further.

Prudent.
>> No. 135070
[x] Follow. They seem to be talking about something...

Carefully
>> No. 135071
[x] Follow. They seem to be talking about something...

Su-san is surprisingly intelligent.

Must be hard being with Medicine all the time.
>> No. 135072
[x] Hold. Wait for them to pass before acting further.
>> No. 135075
[x] Medicine: Give Su-san a biiiig hug in the middle of her internal monologuing.
-[x] Su-san: This is neither the time nor the place for that!

[x] Move. Attempt to slip away, and get as much distance from them as possible.
>> No. 135076
[X] Hold... HOLD...
Stay on target!
>> No. 135077
[x] Follow. They seem to be talking about something...

I think Medicine got the tile throwing idea from us.
>> No. 135085
[x] Follow. They seem to be talking about something...
>>135077 Wait I thought the narration was from Susan?
>> No. 135087
>>135085
It was and it referred to "the child" throwing it; it's basically what Su-san calls Medicine.
>> No. 135093
[x] Follow. They seem to be talking about something...

>>135077
So proud of her~
>> No. 135128
[X] Hold. Wait for them to pass before acting further.

>Little does she know...
>It is of not great importance now, of course.
>As the saying goes, she will better understand when she is older.
>Finding the human comes first and foremost, now.
>Business before pleasure, and all that.

I am bewildired and strangely aroused by this Su-san.


....I kinda like her more, now.
>> No. 135208
File 129855194924.jpg - (100.07KB , 563x800 , I have no idea what they're saying.jpg ) [iqdb]
135208
The voices of the oni grow louder as they draw near.
A function of their natural demeanor, or a result of their perpetual inebriation?
It matters not.
All that matters is that, somewhere within their inane blathering, one may be able to glean a sliver of something approaching useful information.
Or so the child's companion hopes.

Better that, than continuing the current course of action.
Searching a city large enough to be a problem for a hundred minions, let alone one.
Especially when that one refuses to perform even the simplest of tasks presented to her.
In this particular instance: not speaking.

“Blubh tapth thulb thalbth yough dooagh doo beagh?![/i]

It should not be such a hard thing to accomplish, especially after the generous amount of assistance she had been given.

“Huh? Oh, don't worry. Su-san just made your mouth all numb and stuff so you would be quiet.”

“Bwub bwauh?!”

The child's companion can only suppose she is somehow displeased to have her speech inhibited in such a manner, but her complaints seem entirely unwarranted, and display an appalling lack of appreciation and gratitude for the great level of care and restraint shown to her.
She is not permanently damaged, and the effects should not last longer than an hour or so.
Probably.

“Oh, yeah, she says you will get better in a little bit. Probably.”

Brabablabth?!

Unless, of course, she would prefer having her lungs paralyzed.
It would defeat the purpose of keeping her alive, but if she is that fond of not breathing, well...

Huh? Wuzzat?

“Whazwhat?”

“I think I, ah, what was that? Word? That, uh...”

“Heard somethin'?”

“No no no no, that, uh, other thing. Yeah.”

Hands go over mouths, as child and Celestial realize how near the enemy is, and how close they are to discovery.
Fortunately, the oni quickly forget, and continue moving onward
Onward, and further away.
Already, their lowered volume has made hearing much else of their drunken slurring, a situation that is not beneficial to the cause of gathering information.

The child already realizes what it is her companion intends, nervously shaking her head from side to side.
Her trepidation is understandable, but they both know there is no other way.

Hovering just above the surface of the rooftops, the child's companion moves to follow the oni, looking back just long enough to be certain the child and Celestial are following. Though the former is fearful, and the latter is disgruntled, they manage to keep pace well enough, going fast enough to catch up with the oni, but slowing enough so as to not overtake them.

As could be expected, much of what could loosely be called their 'conversation' was of little import. The need for another drink, the opening of yet another bar, and of fights over fights over the results of prior fights.
A legion of creatures of unsurpassed strength, whiling away their time on such frivolities as those?
Such a disgusting waste of potential.

Still, there are a few things that catch their attention...

A couple of particularly haggard-looking oni, crying and mumbling to themselves, mostly incoherently save for one word.
'Goddess'.

So, at least those two were among the ones the child had encountered before.
Though the child shudders at the realization that they are referring to her, the fact that they remember her at all may not be an entirely negative thing.

Mention is also made of the sudden explosion of light, though if their intent was to investigate it, they were going about it in the most indirect and nonsensical way possible.
Perhaps, in their drunken stupor, they had forgotten that they could fly?
Or, could it be they simply refuse to travel anywhere or by any method that does not allow them to stop by at every possible drinking establishment they can find along their chosen route?

Finally, repeated mention is made of someone named 'Yuugi'.
From their general tone, it was clearly someone of importance in their city, or at least someone who commanded a great deal of respect among the group.
Strangely, even the Celestial seemed to react to mention of that name, though it was uncertain if she knew them personally, or was simply familiar with the name.

Either way, it did not matter who ranked where in their pecking order.
If all went well, there should be no reason to have any further contact with these creatures than had already been experienced.

Thinking this to herself, the child's companion was ready to disregard whatever else the beasts were saying of this 'Yuugi' fellow, and suggest it was time they withdrew
That is, until...


“I'm tellin' you, man, I saw it with her!”

“Aw, you did not! Shut up!”

“No! I did! It was all small and pink and fluffy!”

“Humans don't look like that!”

“...they don't?”

“No, they don't!”

“Yeah they do!”

“Do not!”

“This one did!”


Human..
Whoever this 'Yuugi' was, it was she who was last seen with what at least one of the drunken fools believed to be a human.
A human dressed not unlike...

Goddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeess! Why did you forsake us?!

“Geh. You're still talkin' about that?!”

“She left us, man! She left us!”

Dude. Dude. Dude. I'm tellin' ya, there's no such thing as-”

SHUT YOUR MOUTH! YOU DO NOT BLASPHEME THE BUZZ GODDESS!

“Whatever, man. Whatever.”

“I...I can still hear her, man. I can still...still even smell her...It's...it was...”

“You're just smelling yourself, dude.”

“Huh? Wait, I think I smell somethin', too.”

“Yer all nuts, there ain't...hm?”


...oh no.

The creatures all begin to sniff at the air, their senses not completely dulled by their general lack of sobriety.
Though the three are above their heads, relatively hidden from sight, it will almost certainly not be long before they are found out if they remain where they are.
Though she had hoped to hear more, there was no more time to waste.
They had to move, and now.

Quickly motioning to the other, the child's companion begins her withdrawal

This time, she does not bother to look behind to see that she is being followed.
There should be no need.
And yet, a suddenly yelp from the child gives her companion pause.
She turns around.
She sees the Celestial moving, sliding down the roof, away from the oni.
She sees the child moving, also sliding down the roof.
...but on the opposite side, towards the oni.

The child falls, but manages to catch herself in mid-fall, twisting around in the air to look back at her companion, and where the Celestial once was.
She is surprised.
Confused.
Much like her companion is.

What happened?!
Did they slip?!
Or could it be-

The Celestial looks back, and the answer is plain to see in her eyes.
The anger is still present, but it is tinted with something else.
Satisfaction.

TREACHERY!
Perhaps her lungs should have been paralyzed after all.


“I-it's HER!

“Woah! It IS!”

“A-aah! S-S-Su-san!”


The Celestial having disappeared over the side of the roof, the child's companion makes a note to prepare something special for her at a later time, to repay her for this transgression.
Preferably something painful.

Very, very painful.

Before that, though, she must attend to the far more pressing matter at hand.

The child hovers back onto the roof, but it is already too late.
They have been spotted, and those oni who can have taken to the air, moving closer to the two of them.

The child wants to flee. To run.
She knows this.
She dares not admit it, but she feels much the same.

“She...she's come back! Our Goddess has returned!”

Yes! See? See?! Do you nonbelievers see?!”

YEAH THASSA LIL GODDESSAN SHEGONGetus ta huummblablbe....wheramI?”

They want to run.
They want to.
Yet, to flee from these creatures.
These beasts.
To run from them again?!
Unthinkable!

Yet, what else is there to do?

Their resistance to toxins renders any attack they could muster all but futile.
Yet, to do nothing at all, to make no attempt to stand against these monsters?!
They, who were bested and driven away by mere humans?!

...humans.
Yes...
That one suggested something, did she not?
Though her companion understood the mechanics of it better than she did, even the child knew what to do.
If only she had not been the one to suggest it.

Though her companion is not completely opposed to giving the human woman a chance to redeem herself for her previous failure, the child is not so willing to humor her.

Yet, what other option is there?
Set aside their pride, or throw it away altogether?


“Can I touch her? I think I wanna touch her!”

Ooh! Ooh! Me first!”

“Back off, man! I get first dibs! I'm almost at risk of getting' sober, here!”


“S-Su-san! What do we do?!”



[ ] DO 'IT'

[ ] DON'T DO 'IT'
>> No. 135212
[x] DO 'IT'

Redemption!
>> No. 135218
>The anger is still present, but it is tinted with something else.
>Satisfaction.
hahaha, oh yes. put on your most evil smile.


[x] DO 'IT'
Proceed as planned.
>> No. 135224
[x] DO 'IT'

I have already forgotten what "IT" is, though in this story, I suspect it will have no repercussions. So whatever.
>> No. 135228
File 129856617835.jpg - (88.48KB , 631x475 , Doit3.jpg ) [iqdb]
135228
[x] DO 'IT'
>> No. 135229
>>135224
You haven't forgotten anything; we just haven't been told.
>> No. 135231
[x] DO 'IT'
>> No. 135257
[x] DO 'IT'
!
>> No. 135259
[x] DO 'IT'

We must, since it can't be helped.
>> No. 135262
[x] DO 'IT'
>> No. 135283
[x] DO 'IT'
>> No. 135304
[x] DO 'IT'

It's time we use 'that'.
>> No. 135313
>>135304
I 'agree'
>> No. 135318
[x] DO 'IT'
>> No. 135332
File 129872476150.jpg - (119.78KB , 620x1000 , little miss buzzkill.jpg ) [iqdb]
135332
The beasts draw nearer.
Four...no, five.
Six...now seven...
Eight...
Ten?!

Where do they keep coming from?!

“Su-san...”

Once again, the horned beasts approach them.
Once again, the child finds herself in front of these things, at a loss as to what she can do against them when her poisons have already failed.
Once again, the choice to flee presents itself.
To escape.
To run away, like cowards, from these brutes that even a human could defeat.

Not again.

They are better than that.
They are stronger than that.
For all that they have fought for...
For the sake of all they still must fight for...

Not again.
They will not flee again.
Not from them.

The child looks to her companion, but there is no need.
What she must do is clear.
There is no need for words.
No need for gestures.
She must simply


DO IT.


“W-what?! But-!”


DO IT!


“But what if it doesn't-”


DO IT!

“Okay! Okay!”


With no time left to spare, the child turns to face the oncoming horde, their numbers more than double what they were mere moments ago.
They are almost like cockroaches, in a way, especially in how difficult they are to terminate.

Difficult, but not impossible.

The child raises her hand, and the horde stops, if only for a moment.
Fortunately, a moment will be all that she requires.
By the time they realize what has happened, it will already be too late...



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



“Hm. I can see I will have to have yet another chat with my pet when she returns.”

No kidding.

Though I'm sure we all understood that the chance of those three going out and not getting into some sort of trouble was so small as to be virtually impossible, we could not have imagined that we would be able to identify the exact moment when something went wrong for them.

“Oh, I could certainly imagine it, Miss Asakura. I simply had hoped it would not actually happen. You would think I should know better by now.”

When I've already learned to expect this from those guys after knowing them for not even an entire day?

“Mm, yes. I suppose I only have myself to blame for hoping she would break her pattern for a change. Ah, yes, speaking of which...little one? It is ready.”

The small, tattered dress Komeiji had been mending since Hinanai and the others left certainly looked less torn than it had before, but with the sheer number of repairs it has clearly seen, it has long since passed the point where it could ever be made 'good as new'.

“...it has seen quite a bit of use, yes. I have offered to make her a new one every now and then, but she is quite attached to this one. It is...special to her.”

Fair enough, I suppose. It's not like I don't keep my old frames around for the same reason, after all.
Sure, they're a little bent, and the lenses had long since shattered and crumbled away, rendering them useless for any sort of vision-correction, but I just can't bring myself to get rid of them.
In hindsight, it's amazing that none of the shards found their way into my eyes, but at the time they finally broke, I had far more pressing things to worry about than potential blindness..

Being on fire has a way of taking precedence over things like that.

Still, it is unusual. I've never known fairies to be particularly sentimental about things.
...then again, I've also never known fairies to have what appear to be razor-sharp claws on their hands.
From the way she's spent almost the entire time since she came back with that dress huddled in the corner and quietly weeping, though, I don't dare ask about it.

“Mm. Thank you.”

What I would ask about is how tired Komeiji looks, even though she's clearly trying to not look it.

“Hm, so it is that obvious, is it?”

The repeated stifled yawns were a bit of a giveaway, yes.

“Mm. Well, this has been quite an eventful day, has it not? Nothing compared to what you and the others have been through, of course, but I am not used to having so many visitors at one time. Or talking quite as much as I have. It is...tiring.”

I bet.

“Then again, it is also quite rare for me to receive guests who have not come here looking for a fight of some sort.”

Well, it's not like you're exactly alone in that respect.

Hm. Indeed, I suppose I am not. Still, it is quite refreshing to have had you here. I am deeply sorry it could not have been under better circumstances. If I had not-”

Let's not get back into that, okay? What's done is done, and that's all there is to it..

“That is true, but...”

For now, why don't you go and get some sleep? I need it, you need it, and by the time they get back here, they all will need it, too.

“Hm? I do not know if that is prudent. Leaving you alone and unguarded, especially after what has already happened...”

I appreciate the concern, but I'll be fine. Really. If they've got fireworks going off already, it won't be too much longer before someone comes running back here.

“Then that is all the more reason to-”

Stay up and wait for them, right? If you're going to wait until everyone is back, you might not get to sleep at all, which is all the more reason to get what sleep you can now..

“Mm, you do have a point, I suppose. But, are you really alright with this? You will be completely unguarded in here.”

Hey, so long as you don't have any pets with a taste for human flesh that can open doors, I shouldn't have anything else to worry about in here. Just don't let anything in on your way out, and I'm good.

“I am not entirely comfortable with this, but...you do have a point. I certainly could use the rest, and you likely need it even more than I do. If it will help your own rest, I shall retire to my chambers for the night,”

Thanks, Komeiji.

“Mm. Good night, Miss Asakura. ...little one? Come, let us see about getting your hair fixed before bed, okay? I know it will not be the same as when she does it for you, but...mm. Very well, then, let us be off.”

Good night, Komeiji.


And just like that, silence.
Complete and total silence.
It's been a while since I've experienced it.
So long, in fact, I wonder if it will make it harder for me to sleep, rather than easier.

“... not that I'm going to be sleeping just yet, am I?”

Hmmmmmmm~?



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Silence.

Not a sound can be heard.
Not from the child.
Not from her companion.
Not even from the throng of oni who have frozen in place.

Are they cognizant of what just occurred?
Are they even aware of it?

The child and her companion most certainly were.
They could feel.
Surging into them.
Coursing through them.

Truly, the oni were not unlike cockroaches.
So great in numbers
So fond of the dark, damp little hole in which they now live.
And so very, very difficult to destroy.

Difficult, but not impossible.

For all their strength, for all the endurance, and for all their tolerance for even the most lethal of substances, they were still living creatures.
And, like all living creatures, they had needs, and they had weaknesses.

If a pest is too strong to crush, and to stubborn to poison, there is still one effective means of dealing with them.

Starve them.


“Uh, guys? Did something just happen?”

“I don't know, my head feels a little...”

“Yeah, me too. What do you think just-...”


Gradually, the realization spreads among them, as they finally comprehend what just occurred.

If you wish to stop an infestation, you deprive the pests of food.
If you wish to stop a fire, you deprive the flames of oxygen.
If you wish to stop an oni, you deprive them of the one thing they cannot bear to live without...


“Guys? Guys?! I-I-I don't feel it anymore! I don't feel it at all!”

“Me neither! What-?! What is this?!”

“What's happening?! What's happening?! What's happening?!


How simple a solution, it was!
How obvious!
It had briefly crossed their minds before, but was just as quickly forgotten.

That the human female pointed it out makes their oversight all the more frustrating.

But the time for self-reflection will have to wait.

The oni are confused. Off-balance.
Vulnerable.

A golden opportunity now lay before the two of them.
One they dare not let slip away.

It was time to have some fun.



[ ] Wrath of God
[ ] Hedgehog's Dilemma
[ ] Pillow Talk
>> No. 135333
Medicine, Parsee and Tenshi, or Asakura and Koishi?

[x] Pillow Talk
>> No. 135334
[x] Pillow Talk

>“... not that I'm going to be sleeping just yet, am I?”

Nope. I'm sure Koishi has many more pets to play with after having so much fun with Snowball.
>> No. 135337
[x] Hedgehog's Dilemma
I hate this fucking theory because it strikes close home.

Also, Medicine? Fucking masterstroke.
>> No. 135341
[x] Wrath of God
>> No. 135344
[x] Hedgehog's Dilemma

Oh wow, someone else has heard of this before.
>> No. 135345
[x] Hedgehog's Dilemma

Isn't it sad, Parsee?
>> No. 135347
[x] Hedgehog's Dilemma
>> No. 135348
[x] Hedgehog's Dilemma
>> No. 135350
[X] Wrath of God

Time to get medieval?
>> No. 135353
[x] Wrath of God
>> No. 135361
[x] Pillow Talk
>> No. 135375
[x] Hedgehog's Dilemma
We'll have to deal with this eventually, considering we told Satori that her sister matters to us, yet our actions will seem to imply we don't give a damn about Koishi. That and we seem to be slightly leading on some people, though in this case it isn't done intentionally.
>> No. 135376
[x] Pillow Talk
>> No. 135378
[X] Hedgehog's Dilemma
>> No. 135383
>>135375
Just to let you know, that's not the Koishi option.
>> No. 135393
Wrath of God - Tenshi/Medicine
Hedgehog's Dilemma -Parsee/Yuugi
Pillow Talk - Koishi/Rikako
>> No. 135404
[X] Hedgehog's Dilemma
>> No. 135405
[x] Pillow Talk
>> No. 135407
[x] Pillow Talk

I really would not complain if this story was just Koishi and Asakura, and nothing else.
>> No. 135414
[X] Hedgehog's Dilemma
>> No. 135416
>>135353
I know one of these is me...
[x] Pillow Talk
>> No. 135429
File 129887230196.png - (204.64KB , 922x6040 , I have no idea what anyone is saying.png ) [iqdb]
135429
No update tonight on account of scheduling conflicts.
Luckily, I'll actually be done with work earlier than usual tomorrow, which means plenty writing time during a period where I'm actually quite awake and alert.

This is especially good for me, since with all the time I've had to think about it, I'm now wanting to write something for all of the options, rather than just one or maybe two.

>>135407
Koishi and Rikako's Adventures in Psychology and Science?

I think I like it.
>> No. 135451
File 129896693738.png - (1.95MB , 1600x1200 , so jelly.png ) [iqdb]
135451
Your head hurts.
Considering all that you've been through up to now, you can't say you're surprised.
The abrupt, forceful meeting between your head and Parsee's, however, did not help your situation any.

Maybe she accidentally slipped.
Maybe you accidentally jerked your head upward at a bad moment.
Maybe a little of both.
Regardless, when your foreheads collided, the impact was one that you heard as much as felt, as the sound itself seemed to reverberate throughout your body.

Reeling up and off you slightly from your collision, Parsee kept on hand firmly gripping your shoulder as the other clutched her sore head, the area where the bottle she had accidentally hit herself apparently having taken the brunt of the blow.

Unfortunately, the pain had only just begun.

As you work an arm free and put a hand to your head, you find yourself in a realm of agony previously unknown to you ask you feel Parsee's body shift atop you, and her knee comes down squarely on your groin.

Reflexively, your body curls up into something resembling the fetal position as the pain flares throughout your abdomen, like thousands of knives had just been thrust into your guts. Or, at least, as close to a fetal position as one can get when they have a woman on top of them.

What happens next is mostly a blur, through the haze of excruciating pain, you think you feel your forehead once again striking something. Something soft, yet hard. Roundish, yet pointed.
You've never head-butted anyone in the jaw before, but if you had to guess, you suppose it would feel something like that.

Parsee makes some pained, muffled sounds, and the next thing you know you feel yourself being turned. Or, rather, pulled around and off the seat of the booth, as Parsee loses her balance and tips over, pulling you along for the ride.

The way her head manges to strike the side of the table on the way down looks like it especially hurt, though not as much as when her head hits the floor, followed by you landing on top of her.

Bracing yourself against the fall, you are pleased when your hands touch the floor, and you feel yourself stop before your head meets with Parsee's for a third time.

If only, in the heat of the moment, you had not failed to register the fact that you were now underneath the table.

Smacking the back of your skull aginst the underside of a heavy, oni-tough table is something you imagine is more than a little painful in even ideal circumstances.
When the part of your skull you manage to strike has already been the victim of a large, icy cudgel not an hour or so ago? Even more so.

On the verge of blacking out from pain-overload, you're only vaguely aware of how the next minutes are spent with you and the bridge-woman writhing around on the floor with each other.

Eventually, your mutual thrashing and writhing slows and weakens, until the two of you are simply laying there on your backs.

The pain remains, but at least it's no longer so intense you cannot even see.
Not that there's much to see under a table.

It's nice table.
Clearly well-made, no doubt with the knowledge that it was for the use of countless drunks who also happened to be strong enough to tear apart mountains with their bare hands, you could easily imagine the thing being tipped over and used as a makeshift barrier in some sort of battle.

You don't know why you find yourself appreciating such a thing now, of all times, but with the woman beside you having gone silent, you're not really sure where to go from here.

'Well, that was fun'?
'Sorry for hitting you in the head and possibly knocking out your teeth and all that'?
'Do you suppose this is how courtship works for the oni'?

...actually, you wonder, is it?
You wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
For a society built largely upon the love of drinking and combat, they would probably be all for just about anything that combines the two.

Fortunately, your partner in pain is seemingly once again willing to take the initiative.
Or so you think, as you begin to hear a soft but steadily rising sound coming from her direction.
At first, you wonder if she's crying, but as the sound gets louder you realize it's quite the opposite.


You think she's laughing.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


“And just how long have you been under there, hm?”

Once again, she simply giggles and sighs, and continues to nuzzle against me.

Strange. I feel as if I should be more disturbed by this than I am.
After all, lifting up your blanet to find someone else in bed with you is the sort of thing I'd expect to read in a ghost story of some sort.

...if I actually read such things, that is.

How did she get in here?
When did she get in here?
How long has she been doing this, without anyone noticing anything?

And all right under her sister's nose, no less.

A normal person in this situation would most likely panic.
Possibly scream, or attempt to shove their intruder out of their bed.

Sometimes, I am thankful that I am hardly 'normal'.
I do not panic.
I do not scream.
I do not even throw off the blanket in order to fully expose her.

Admittedly, though, that last one has less to do with my composure, and more to do with the fact that I'm not entirely certain she's wearing anything right now.

“Mmmmm, comfy~!”

“Well, you certainly look comfortable.”

“Mmm~! 'Cause you're all soft and squishy and smell nice~!”

“Er, um, thank you...?”

“Nice and old~!”

...old?
I know I'm not a teenager anymore, but...old?

“Erm, you know, I'm not that ol-”

“Nice old~! Comfy old~! Mmmmmmmm~. Smell like home~...”

“I probably don't want to know what you're talking about, do I?”

Hmm~? Who knows~?”

Well, you probably would, for starters.
Then again, so would I.


“Well, anyway, I'm rather surprised you're here. Your sister's been wondering where you were, I'm sure you know.”

Hm? She went still all of a sudden.

“...don't wanna see sister. Sister's...angry...don't wanna...don't...don't...”

“Angry? She didn't seem that way to- ah! Ah, not so tight, please.”

“Bad things...bad things happen...bad bad things...happen...make sister worry. Bad things make bad things happen make problems make fixing problems work work work and work until it's fixed and then she's all sleepy tired weary dreary achey cranky angry angry angry no no nononononbadnonononono-”

“Really, she's not, gah, please, calm down and-”

“-badbadbadgirlbadgirldon'tcryayayayayayayayaya bad girls who do bad things that are bad are bad and bad girls have bad things bad bad sad mad bad had tad bad pad add bad mad lad dad did dud ded deed dead deed dead dead dead-”

“Kom- Koishi! Koishi!”

Even for someone with 'issues', this is one hell of a mood shift she's got going on.
The squeeze she's putting on me isn't too bad, but it's not exactly comfortable.
Unless I'm mistaken, though, her grip is steadily increasing in strength

I don't believe I care to see just how much tighther it can get.

Audio stimulation is clearly not effective, so if I'm going to at least calm her down, a more direct approach is going to be necessary.
But what I can I do?
Not much, from where I am.

About the only thing I can do is this...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


She's definitely laughing.
At least, what sounds like laughter.
Though it has the typical ha ha ha ha ha quality of laughter, the tone behind it is anything but happy.

Figuring it is best to not interrupt her, you remain silent as her bitter laughter gradually subsides.

Heh. This is, heh, this is just so fucking typical! Ahahaha! Ah, ah, I am so pathetic!”

“...Parsee?”

“I mean, ha, I couldn't even...what the fuck was I even trying to do?! Like I don't know how this shit goes? How it always fucking goes?!”

Briefly, you wonder if she's actually had a history of intimacy-related head injuries, but even in your pained and fatigued state you maintain enough sense to know that's not likely, and thus do not ask.
Besides, you don't really want to take the chance of giving her a reason to want to intentionally hit you.

“I can't believe I actually starting to believe that shit! Bitch. Her and her don't give up, you can do it if you try bullshit! Like there wasn't a reason to give up! HA!

You turn your head slightly, just enough to see your companion on the floor as she lies beside you, staring up at the table.

“It's like you fall down, you get up, right? That's how it's supposd to go, right? Now matter how many times you fall down, you just need to get right back up again! Then it will all be fine, right? Bullshit. You fall down and get hurt enough times, and you know what it means? It's not that you aren't trying hard enough, or enough times, it means you can't fucking do it! You can't do it, you'll never do it, and all trying again is going to get you hurt again, and again, and afuckinggain! It's not bad enough I have to see all those happy little bastards flaunting their happy little lives , I have to remind myself how fucking useless it is for me?! The fuck?!”

You simply lay there and listen as she vents, wondering what, if anything, you can say
What can you say?

“Sure, that shit might fly when you're here, or up there, but what the fuck about me? Stuck halfway, tied to that fucking bridge that no one even fucking bothers crossing anymore?! I'm alone there! I've always been alone there, and I'm always going to fucking be alone there! That's all there fucking is to it!”

“...well, er, you don't want it to be like that, right?”

Of course I fucking don't! You have any idea what it's like?! Any concept of how it feels to have nothing, and have the only people you ever see do nothing but remind you of everything they have that you never will?! You think I wanted this?! Everyfuckingbody else wouldn't hang around that hellhole longer than they had to, but I do?”

“...but, you're not-”

I know I'm not fucking there right now! You think that's going to last, though? It's not like I can just not go back! I have to! I always have to! I...heh, so that's why. Fuck, I can't believe, I even forgot why I stopped even trying to leave in the first place! Because I fucking can't! Ah, it really is the story of my fucking life...hahahaha...ah...”

“What do you mean you can't?”

“I mean I can't! This? Here? Fucking nothing. So I can go here, or I can go there, but beyond that? It's like a goddamn leash I've got on me or something, heh.”

You know it's not uncommon for spirits and the like to be bound to certain places or things, but you still have to wonder if such bonds are really as inflexible as that.
Having an animal tied to a post doesn't mean it's always stuck there, after all, especially not if all you need to do is move the post, or take it out alltogether.

Granted, a bridge is significantly more difficult to move than a stake and a piece of rope are, but still...


“So, why not? Why the fuck shouldn't you just give up, when you know you can't go any futher? That you can never go any further? What fucking point is there in trying to leave when you can't go anyfuckingwhere?! Who would fucking want to be stuck like that?! I don't! I fucking don't, but I am anyway! I'm alone! I'm always going to be alone! That's all there fucking is to it!”

Parsee turns her head towards you, tears streaming down the side of her reddend face.
You realize it's not the most appropriate time to think it, but she looks like a mess.
Hair in dissarray, eyes red and puffy, and her face covered in a mixture of sweat, tears, dirt, and who knows what else.

You don't really know what you should do
Of course, sometimes it's not a matter of what you should do, but what you can do.
That's the way, right?
Even something has to be better than nothing.

So, maybe it is or isn't something you should do.

You don't know.
You don't care.

All you do know is you can do this...



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I told myself I'd post something before I go to sleep, even if it's incomplete, so that's what I'm doing.

More to come after sleep, work, rest, and the usual bout of procrastination.
>> No. 135452
Well, glad to see that you haven't lose your touch. Looking forward to the next update
>> No. 135461
>>135429
Nice update. Waiting warmly for more.
>> No. 135469
You sure know how to set the standards of stories around here.
F5 for the next part.
>> No. 135504
I love you.

I love your story.

Never don't write.
>> No. 135507
File 129906026527.jpg - (34.49KB , 400x400 , Okay so i got lazy.jpg ) [iqdb]
135507
Don't worry, I have absolutely no intention of never doing that thing you didn't just say to don't ever not do. Probably.


In other news, no time for writing tonight, but something should be ready within the next 24 hours. Probably.
>> No. 135513
>>135507

Hooray!
>> No. 135554
File 129913252379.jpg - (239.18KB , 850x1445 , it has only just begun.jpg ) [iqdb]
135554
I'm not used to this.

It seems like such an easy and simple thing to do, and yet it feels so...awkward.

Analyzing an unknown chemical compound?
Designing and constructing a device to perform a certain task?
Finding scientific solutions to scientific problems?

That's easy.

Emotions, though, are rarely so clean and logical, with solutions that are as vague and uncertain as the problem itself.

Ah, what am I even doing?

...well, I know perfectly well what I'm doing.
I'm in bed, hugging a girl who is hugging me, hoping that it will in some way help her to calm down, at least to the point that she'll stop shaking.

It's whether or not what I'm doing will have any effect that is so uncertain.

Should I say something?
If so, what?

I barely even know her, so what could I possibly say to her to help in this situation?

Come to think of it, why did she come here, in the first place?

Unless...

Ahh.

I remember...

How long ago was it?

Longer than I care to admit, at least...

Before I discovered science...
Before I even had truly begun to study magic...

I was still just a kid, but even then I was eager to study, eager to learn.

And so, one day, it happened.
My first 'experiment'.

I don't even remember what I was trying to do, but the cat was never the same after that day.
Not that I escaped unscathed, myself.

I may not have learned anything from the 'experiment' itself, but afterward I had a first-hand lesson in how long eyebrows take to grow back.

I know I wasn't hurt, and neither was the cat, and looking back it's embarrassing to think how I had overreacted, but at the time I was absolutely beside myself.

My father laughing when he saw me did not help matters in the least.
...bastard.
But my mother?
She just took me in her arms, stroked my hair, and held me.
I can't even remember what she said to me, but I remember the feeling.

It was...calming.

Comforting.

How funny, that I would think of that now.


The situation might be different, and we both have all of our hair intact, but still, maybe...?

“It...it's okay, Koishi. No one is angry. Your sister isn't angry. I'm not angry. No one is angry. No one is mad at you.”

It's soft.
Her hair is so soft.
It feels...nice.

Weird as this is to do, this feels nice...

“It's okay. It's okay.”

It's amazing, but it seems to actually be working.
She's quieted down, and isn't shaking anymore, at least.
We're not out of the proverbial woods just yet, though, I'm sure.

“...I...”

Hm?

“...I, I d-did a...a bad thing...I did a bad thing...I did-”

“No, you did not. It was an accident. All that happened was an accident.”

...mmmn..

“You did not do anything bad. Something bad just happened. It's not your fault. You didn't do it. It's alright.”

I wish there were more I could do than just this, but I suppose you really can't rush these things.
Best to just do what little you can, and let things develop at their own pace.
At least she's talking again, a little.
I can't ask for more than-

“...a-are you...o-okay?”

“Well, I've been...yes. I'm, yes, I'm okay. I'm alive.

“I-I-I, y-yuh-yuh-you, I dint-didn't, I didn't-”

“I know you didn't. I know. Everything is fine, now. Everything is fine.”

“I-I jus-just, I, I, I just, I didn't, I...I...”

I can feel her wearing down.
Fatigue has taken its toll on even her, it seems.

“I know, Koishi. I know. It's alright. Just rest now. It's okay.”

“I...I...hmn...mm...”

It's strange, though.
Her body is no longer shaking, yet...something is.
I can feel it down there, somewhere.
What is that?

“...mm...m'soh-...m'sorry...sor...sorry...so...”


She's gone completely quiet now.
Even so, I still find myself stroking her hair.
Holding her.
I can feel her breathing.

...yes, she's asleep.

This robe's a little wet now, but I'll manage.

Poor girl.

What was that, though?
Even looking under the blanket, I don't see anything else but her.

Her and her...
Hmm.

Well, it probably doesn't matter.
Not right now, at least.
Nothing to do but wait and see what tomorrow brings, right?

Sleeping is going to be a little uncomfortable, what with how she's practically laying on me.
But this is fine. I can endure it.

It's uncomfortable, but...nice.

This feels nice.


...so soft...




“Goodnight, Koishi.”


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




Somehow, I'm not done yet.
More to come in the next day or two, and hopefully the next one will have actual choices.

Probably.
>> No. 135558
>the next one will have actual choices.
I have no problems if you need multiple updates without choices to get the story going. Fell did it too.
>> No. 135569
True dat, write things at your pace.

Also, was that a hidden boner?
>> No. 135570
I was in serious danger of cardiac arrest until the talk of something something shaking and wetness had me confused. Now I'm wondering if a satori's third eye can cry, even if it's shut. Regardless, that was an incredible update.

Waiting warmly.
>> No. 135599
...Maybe it's way too early to say this, especially after only one or two updates of these two, but... Asakura seems like a far better match for Koishi than the protagonist, both emotionally and therapeutically. She is stable, sane, and normal, but not unwilling to help. I'm not sure how long Asakura would be willing to tolerate Koishi's fondness for screwing around with minds or her general weirdness, but... yeah.

Compared to the protagonist, who-- although I'm sure he's far more exciting and entertaining to Koishi --is all over the place, kind of an idiot, and doesn't seem to like to get too tied down. He's fun, no doubt, but I don't know if it's exactly healthy in the long run, both for himself and Koishi.

Maybe I'm just thinking about this too much, and like I said, it's far too early to really make a solid judgement, but it still seems... nice.

>>135570
That would make sense. It sounded a little odd and misleading on first read, but I'm betting you're right.
>> No. 135632
>>135599
I was actually assuming Rikako's unnatural calmness was Koishi screwing with her mind. But then Rikako has technically been more stable than the majority of characters... not that that's a difficult task.
>> No. 135643
>>135599
Even if the MC wants to settle down, his life doesn't seem to allow it, with some freak incident happening to mix things up.
>> No. 135666
I know we have all these girls we want to help, and Yuuka is after us, and all... but. That box. What's with that box.
>> No. 135724
>>135599
>I'm not sure how long Asakura would be willing to tolerate Koishi's fondness for screwing around with minds or her general weirdness, but... yeah.

The girl shrugged off being kidnapped and having her identity stolen, bearing the offender no apparent ill-will and in fact immediately set to work afterward. Her internal monologue runs extremely detached, so with the right reader input, she could probably put up with Koishi's bullshit indefinitely.

>Compared to the protagonist, who-- although I'm sure he's far more exciting and entertaining to Koishi --is all over the place, kind of an idiot, and doesn't seem to like to get too tied down. He's fun, no doubt, but I don't know if it's exactly healthy in the long run, both for himself and Koishi.

From Koishi' PoV, she's probably very happy with the variety of minds that are loosely following the protagonist. She's made some effort to keep them all together, when she could easily scatter them and then monopolize the main character's attention. I don't think that's solely in consideration for his freewheeling lifestyle.
>> No. 135734
File 12993615867.jpg - (1.59MB , 1150x556 , and life is like a mop.jpg ) [iqdb]
135734
Carefully sitting up, wary of the low ceiling provided by the table above you, you scoot closer to the woman laying beside you and scoop her up into an awkward embrace.

“You're not alone, Parsee.” you say, holding her tightly as she squirms in your arms, either in a weak attempt to get free, or simply get into a more comfortable position.

The floor really isn't the best place for this sort of thing, after all.

“I mean, you're not alone right now, are you?” you continue. “I'm here, right?”

Making a few more attempts to move, Parsee scoffs.
“Oh, right, this is just what I need! Don't fucking mock me!”

“I'm not mocking you, it's true! You're not alone right now, right?” you say, calmly, as you feel her squirming gradually slow and stop.

“Oh, now? Oh, no, I'm not alone now! I've been alone for years before now, and will be again for years after, but right now? Oh, yes, this one little moment makes up for everything else!” she says, her voice dripping with sarcasm. “Or maybe you're going to tell me this is different? Is it? Are you? Are you going to be here tomorrow? The day after that? A week from now? A month? Year? Century?”

“Well, no...” you admit. Even if circumstances allowed you to settle down, you know you wouldn't be able to live here forever, any more than you can hope to hide out from the one persuing you. Yet...

Hmph. You can't, right? None of you can! You can leave tomorrow, or die years from now, and either way it ends the same. They're gone, and I'm alone! Again!” Parsee sniffles, her forehead lightly hitting you in the chest.

“That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the time you're not alone, though!” you counter. “I mean, I never know if I'm going to be able to eat eggs ever again, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying them when I can!”

“Wha-...eggs?! You're comparing fucking eggs to my-”

“Yes. I am!” you say, confidence building within you. It was something you had long held to be the truth, but now you understand just how true a truth it truly was. And, like all great truths, it was one that must be shared to the ones who need to hear it the most. “Eggs are like happiness!”

You feel her struggling begin anew, but it is in vain.
She must be told.
She must hear.
She must learn.
Only in that can she find comfort.

“Don't you see it, Parsee? Happiness is a fragile, precious thing! Like an egg, it must be cherished and cared for! When held too gently, it will fall from your grasp. When held too tightly, it will be crushed and ruined. Yet, even if you find that perfect balance, that perfect level of grip with which to hold your egg of happiness, that is not enough! For eggs, like happiness, are fleeting, their existence measured as mere moments in the grand scheme of things! If held for too long, they spoil and rot, good for nothing but throwing at something as equally unpleasant as the smell! That is why you must enjoy it as soon as you can, while it is still fresh. Cook it, boil it, do whatever you want to do with it, but ENJOY it! Enjoy as if it were the last one you will ever have! If it is not, and fortune smiles upon you enough to bless you with another, you will be that much more grateful for it! Even if it truly is your last, at least you will harbor no regrets, for you got as much enjoyment out of it as you could! That is what it means to find happiness! That IS happiness! Moments in the span of centuries, drops of water in an endlessly large bucket, a single egg among thousands of empty nests! So what if you don't have it right now? So what if it takes forever for you to find one again? So long as there is one to be found, you can and WILL find it, if only you TRY! And you must try to find it! If you do not, you will never find it! Neither eggs, nor happiness! That is how eggs are like happiness! No, eggs ARE happiness!

As you speak, your words brimming with your passion for eggs, you slowly help yourself and your companion up from the floor, out from beneath the table, and back to your seats in the booth. Holding her all the while, Parsee offers neither resistance nor complaint, doubtless stunned into silence by your impassioned speech.

...or, perhaps, the sheer absurdity of what you're saying.
You can't really tell, but you don't really care, either.
So long as the desired result is achieved, the path taken to reach it does not matter.

Releasing your hold on her, you decide to move back slightly to allow her some space, as Parsee quietly stares down at the table, apparently contemplating something.

For a moment, you wonder if you should say anything more, or at least take a napkin and dab away some of the wetness from her face. Before you can do anything, though, Parsee suddenly nods to herself and turns to face you.

Her eyes, now a festive mix of red and green, gaze at you with a strange look of determination.
Saying nothing, Parsee shoves you downward, and you once again find yourself beind held down as she hovers over you.

“Er, Parsee? I really don't-”

Shut up.” she snaps, an edge of weariness in her voice. “Just, just shut up.”

Half-lowering, half-flopping down onto you, you feel Parsee's arms loop around and under your back, as she rests her head upon your chest.

“Don't talk. Don't. Just...just don't...” she quietly says. “I'm tired. I'm so...so tired of...just...just for tonight. Just...”

“Okay, Parsee. I won't. I promise.” you tell her, returning her embrace.

A soft mumble is all the response you hear from her, as you feel breathing gradually slow into a steady rhythm as sleep comes to claim her. Feeling the fatigue of the day's events wash over you, it's not long before you feel that familiar tugging on your on consciousness.

Through the peaceful haze that slowly begins to claim your mind, you wonder about your companions. Someone must surely have noticed you're missing, right? You hope none of them are worried. Or angry.

And what about Yuugi? Or that light?

Is falling asleep in an oni bar even a good idea?

Though these concerns, and more, gnaw at the back of your mind, it is no match for the overwhelming urge for rest you feel.

Despite all the uncertainty you should be feeling, your mind still somehow feels...at peace.


Offering the sleeping woman in your arms a final, gentle squeeze, you close your eyes, and...





Sleep.



[ ] Foolish Dreamers

- ( ) Return to Sender
- ( ) Big Sis and Me
- ( ) Some Pig
- ( ) Headline News


[ ] The Nightcrawlers

- ( ) Follow the Leader
- ( ) Tag
- ( ) Skipping Stones


-------------------------------


Feel free to take a little from one, the other, or both.

Don't over-do it, though. Treats are best when had in moderation.
>> No. 135735
[x] Foolish Dreamers
- (x) Some Pig

[x] The Nightcrawlers
- (x) Follow the Leader

Follow the Buzz Goddess?
>> No. 135736
>>135734
>The speech
I'm feeling really good about the omelette I had this morning

>Her eyes, now a festive mix of red and green, gaze at you with a strange look of determination.
Oh my. Time to start expanding my collection of Parsee images.

[X] Foolish Dreamers
- (x) Return to Sender

[X] The Nightcrawlers
- (x) Skipping Stones

Cirno and Tenshi?
>> No. 135743
[ ] Foolish Dreamers

- ( ) Return to Sender
>> No. 135777
[x] Foolish Dreamers
-(x) Big Sis and Me
--(x) Headline News

Did our words honestly work? Have we actually managed to improve her life, if even just a little bit? This might just be the first real accomplishment we have done so far.
>> No. 135794
>>135777
Sounds like it; quite a feet indeed. Going to miss the green eyes though. It also has me leaning more towards MC/Parsee. He and Koishi are a tad too similar to work, at least as far as I can tell.
>> No. 135796
File 129939232476.jpg - (258.53KB , 850x1202 , cadba3a4e6130063250c4c106c5c43e3.jpg ) [iqdb]
135796
[x] Foolish Dreamers
-(x) Big Sis and Me
[x] The Nightcrawlers
- (x) Tag
My dream of being Koishi.
Playing Tag with people. Even if they don't want to.

Being Koishi is always very interesting and... unique.
>> No. 135801
[x] Foolish Dreamers
- (x) Some Pig
- (x) Headline News
Couldn't help but chose two. Delete the second vote if you don't have enough time.

[x] The Nightcrawlers
- (x) Skipping Stones
>> No. 135804
[x] Foolish Dreamers
-(x) Big Sis and Me
[x] The Nightcrawlers
- (x) Tag
>> No. 135810
[x] Foolish Dreamers
- (x) Big Sis and Me
>> No. 135816
[x] Foolish Dreamers
- (x) Big Sis and Me
>> No. 135822
[x] Foolish Dreamers
-(x) Big Sis and Me
[x] The Nightcrawlers
- (x) Tag
Yeah!
>> No. 135885
[x] Foolish Dreamers
-(x) Big Sis and Me
[x] The Nightcrawlers
- (x) Tag

Definitely want to see how we will explain our position to the others. That and it's interesting to learn about the sisters and their relationship with each other.
>> No. 135895
[ ] Foolish Dreamers

- ( ) Return to Sender
- ( ) Big Sis and Me

[x] The Nightcrawlers
- (x) Follow the Leader

Yuuka option on that last?

And for those worrying about the red/green eyes thing:
I'm pretty sure it's not that Parsee suddenly developed heterochromia, but rather speaking of her green irises and the bloodshot red color caused by crying.
>> No. 135902
Calling it, writing it, and hoping you'll enjoy what is to come.

Especially since one of the options probably isn't what you think it is.
>> No. 135943
File 129948365213.jpg - (329.02KB , 650x1024 , kill the lights.jpg ) [iqdb]
135943
Mmm...

Cold...


...cold?


What?

What??

Everybody?

Where?

Where
is
every
body?

No
No no no

Alone
No

Don't
want
alone

Every
body
gone

Gone
Every
...body?

Body?

What?!

Hand?
Hand.

Pointy?

OUCH
Pointy
Sharp!

Ouch
Ouch
Ouch

Why?
Why...

It's
wrong!

Wrong
wrong
wrong!!!

No!
No no no
NO NO NO
NO NO NO
NO NO NO!!!


No
hands
pointy

No
eyes
burny

don't want
don't want
don't want

No...


“U-uhm! I-is somebody t-there?”


RRNGH?!

HEAR
SMELL
SEE
HEAR
SMELL
SEE
SHINY
SHINY

FAIRY~!


“O-oh! Ah, um, hello! A-are you alone down here? Are you lost?”


ALONE?
ALONE...
YES
YES YES YES


“Um, I-I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're saying...”

FAIRY
YES
SHINY
BRIGHT
LIKE ME
LIKE ME?
NO NO

NOT LIKE ME
NOT LIKE ME


“A-ah, uh, are you okay? Your hands are-”

NOT POINTY
NOT OUCHY
NOT LIKE ME
NOT LIKE ME
NOT LIKE ME

ME
NOT
LIKE



“Uh-uhm, m-maybe I sh-should g-g-go and, ah, get Miss O-aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!


NOT LIKE
NOT LIKE
NOT LIKE
SHINY
BRIGHT
NOT LIKE NO
RUN RUN
GRAB GRAB


Auah! N-no! P-please, no!


CUT RIP TEAR
CUT RIP TEAR
HATE
HATE
HATE
HATE


KILL


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


...huh?!

What...
...happened?

What
did...?

Head
hurts...

Hands
hurt...

Hands?
...red?

Red...
Red...
So red...

Why?
Why is?
What?

...dress?
Dress?
Cut cut tear cut?
Red too
Why is?
Why?

...no...
No!

I...
Did
I?
Didn't

Did...

No!
No no no!
Hurt
Hurt
NO!

Eyes
burn
wet
drip drip drip
hurt hurt hurt

no hurt
no hurt
please no
please please
no no no no no


WHY?!
>> No. 135944
File 129948378443.jpg - (596.33KB , 900x700 , It's Thriller Time.jpg ) [iqdb]
135944
I
I don't

like this...

It's wrong...
It's wrong...
It's wrong...
All wrong...

why why why,,,


“Hmm~? Heeeeey, is somebody there?”


Ah?!

Voice!
Bigger!
Big voice!
No!

Coming!
No!


“That smell, though...hmm, smells like...”


No no no!
Don't come!
Don't come!
Stay away!
Go away!


“Little Sis? Is that you? C'mon out~!”


HIDE HIDE HIDE
NO COME NO COME
GO GO GO
AWAY AWAY
STAY AWAY
STAY AWAY
NO NO NO
NO HURT
NO HURT

DON'T WANT
TO HURT


“Oh? What's this? Haven't seen you before! Whatsa matter?”


DON'T WANT
TO HURT
DON'T WANT
TO HURT
GO AWAY
GO AWAY
GO AWAY
RED LADY
GO AWAY

GO AWAY!


“Woah!”


GO AWAY
GO AWAY
GO AWAY
SCRATCH SCRATCH
CLAW RIP
TEAR SHRED
DIE DIE DIE
DIE DIE DIE
DIE DIE DIE


“Whoop! Missed me~! Ooh, missed again~! Annnnnnd...Gotcha~!

EURGH!
LET GO
LET GO
LET GO
GONNA HURT
GONNA HURT
HURT YOU
HURT YOU
KILL YOU
KILL


“You're a feisty little Sis, ain'tcha?”


RIP TEAR
SHRED REND
CUT SLASH
KILL DIE


“'Course, you ain't gonna scratch anything when I got ya like this, are ya?”


RRRRRRRRGH!
LET GO LET GO
LET GO NOW
HURT YOU
SCRATCH YOU
CUT YOU
KILL YO-OW!


“Now, you gonna settle down, or does this little Sis need a scratch, too?”


OW OW OWWIE OW
HEAD HIT hurt ow
owwie
owwie


“Aw, c'mon! I just tapped ya a little! Now settle down so I can get a look at ya, 'kay?”


Ow ow ow
...what?

Oh...oh no...
no no no
Not
again

Please
Please let go
Let go
Please
Don't want to hurt
Don't want to hurt
Please
Leave
Leave
Leave alone


“Mmmm~! Interesting! Little Sis has some claws, too! Just like Big Sis!”


...huh?

Too?
Also?
What what what?


“Hehe, lookit this! See? Claws!”


What?!
Hand!
Pointy!
Pointy...hand?
Sharp?

Ouch!
Owwie owwie
yes yes sharp
ow


“See? Just like yours! We're the same!”


The
same?

Like...me?


“Say, you wanna come home with Big Sis? It's gotta be tough out here alone, right?”


Alone...
yes...
Do not like...

But...home?


“Is that a 'yes'? I'm gonna say that's a yes~!”


Huh?
Wait!
What?
No no no!


“Aw, c'mon, you'll like it! We got a big house with lotsa space, food every day, and a really nice master. ...well, actually, she can be really scary, but she's nice! Really!”


...scary nice?
Nice scary?

Huh?


“'Course, we can't just take it easy! We gotta earn our keep and do work, okay? Don't worry, it'll be real fun, though!”


Work?
Keep?
Huh?


“Don't worry, I'll show ya all the ropes! And the chains, too! Maybe even the wheelbarrow, if yer good!”


What?
Don't understand.
Red Lady strange


“Yep! We're gonna have fun! Just follow Big Sis, and it'll all be okay, okay?”


Big Red Sis Lady?
...strange lady...

But...
nice?


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“See? She wasn't that scary, was she?”

Pink Eye
Nice

Understands
Talks to
Can read

Nice
...but why?
Sad?
Why?


“And here's where we hang out! Ready to meet the others?”


Others?
What?


“Yoo-hoo~! We're home~”


Big house
Big door
Small door too?
Why?
Woah
What?

“Oh! Master~!”
WeLcOmE hOmE mAsTeR.
“Miss Orin! Welcome back!”
HhmhhMHhmm...LOooK...aNnnoooT-HuR....
“A-ah! T-that's-!”


F-fairies?!
No!
No no no!
Must go!
Must go!
Away! Away!
Don't want to hurt
Don't want to hurt again
Not again!


“Hey~, calm down Lil' Sis! We're all friends here! Right, girls?”

Frrrrr-endsssss...”
InDeEd...
“Uh, er, w-well...”


What?
What what what?
Fairies but
...not fairies?

Different?
Different
Color
Skin
Hair
Smell

How?

Others?
Maybe
Not alone
After all?
>> No. 135945
File 129948393954.jpg - (1.17MB , 1200x1493 , happy days.jpg ) [iqdb]
135945
“Lil' Sis? Are ya in there?”


No
No no no
Go away
Go away Big Sis


“Ayup, here ya are again.”


Go away please
Go away please
Please go away
Please please please


“Had another fight with 'em, huh?”


Engh.
No no no
Please
Did not want
Did not want
Not want to


“It's okay, Miss Satori told me about it, okay? Nobody's gonna blame you.”


Wrong wrong wrong
Blame me
They blame
Me they
Blame me
All blame me
All of them
Don't like
Don't like me
All of them
Don't like me


“Okay, so maybe some of them do. But so what? I know you're a good girl!”


Wrong
Wrong wrong wrong
Not good
Not good at all

Bad
Not good
Am not good
Am bad
Bad
Wrong
Should not be
Should not be


“C'mon now! Who're ya gonna listen to? Them, or Big Sis, here?”


Big
Big Sis

Big Sis is
Smart
Wise
Good
Nice

But

Am not good
Am not nice
Am bad
Mean
Hurt
Not good
to hurt
Not good


“Huh? You still aren't convinced? Aww, well that's no good! Who am I s'posed ta give this to, now?”


What to?
Give?
Give what?
What?


“Ooh~? Curious? Huh? Well, that's too bad~! This is a little present for a good Little Sis! Now where could she have gone? That good Little Sis with the cool claws who's all tough and cute like her Big Sis is?”


Claws?
Like Big Sis?

But...only claws...
Mine?
Me?

But...can't be...
Not good.
No good.


“Hmmm~? What's that? You're not her?”


No
No no
Not good
Not good
Bad girl
Bad bad girl


“I dunno! You look so much like her! You got cool claws! And yer all cute and pretty like she is, too! Ya sure ya ain't her?”


No not her
Not good
Go away
Please please
Go please


“Geeze, that's too bad, huh? I guess she ain't around today, huh? Guess there's only one thing to do, then...”


Yes
Go
Leave alone
Leave bad sis alone
Leave alone
Leave

...huh?


“What? She ain't here, right? So I guess I gotta give it to you, instead! Can't let this go to waste, ya know~!”


But
But I
am
not


“Hey, c'mon. Big Sis worked really hard on this, ya know! It'll make her sad if ya don't take it! So cheer up, and open it! Or, y'know, open it and then cheer up!”


Hrmn
Okay okay
Don't make Sis sad
Sad Sis not good
Make Big Sis happy

Open
Open
Open


...huh?

Dress?

Pretty!
But...


“Well, ya like it? I made for ya myself! ...well, 'kay, Miss Satori did a lot of it, too. Most of it, really. But Big Sis helped! See?”


Dress?
Huh?

Color looks like...
No...
Shape, too...

Look like...


“Yep! Just like mine! See? We're the same!”


Same.

We are
the same
The same
Not alone

Not alone

Not...


“Yeah, I figured we hadta get ya somethin' nicer than what I found ya in, ya know? So, why not-woah! Why're ya crying again?! ...I didn't pick the wrong color or somethin', did I?”


No no no!
Eyes burny
Eyes leaky
Not hurt though
Not hurt
at all

So pretty!
So soft!
Treasure!
Always!

Not sad!
Not alone!
Not hurt!

Feel soft!
Feel good!
Feel nice!

Feel...


Happy~!
>> No. 135949
Good end.jpg
>> No. 135950
>>135949
Except when we found her, she was crying alone in a tiny room again. Orin needs to give her more hugs while we are incapacitated.

As an aside, am I the only one who loves these side characters more than the actual protagonists? Every update with Snowball or zombie fairy just seem to be better.
>> No. 135962
>>135950
In the beginning it mostly focused on the MC but now it focuses on other characters as well.
As much as i like the crazy MC there were other side character who are even better.
Writer makes it really hard to decide.
>> No. 135972
>>135950
I wonder how she feels after what happened with a particularly whacked out Cirnoir.
>> No. 135977
Damn. We picked good
>> No. 135979
>>135977
With this author, it's hard to pick wrong!
>> No. 135982
>>135979
Touche
>> No. 135990
>>135979
He could write a scene about touhous drinking tea, wordless that would blow the readers minds.
>> No. 135993
Delicious halo effect. Even your failures look good.
>> No. 136052
If he writes a Bad End for us, it will make Anon happy, for it will be an awesome Bad End.
>> No. 136061
Don't tempt him damn it
>> No. 136101
File 129962287232.jpg - (44.12KB , 400x370 , but I asked for a pony.jpg ) [iqdb]
136101
You awaken feeling a strange feeling of happiness, mixed with a hint of nostalgia.
You feel calm.
At peace.
Safe.

A strange feeling to have when waking up in an unfamiliar place, yet you find you don't really mind. It might smell a little funny, but true peace and quiet is something you rarely get the chance to enjoy.

No droning of cicadas and chirping of crickets.
No growling and howling of wild creatures on the hunt.
No drunken chatter and laughter of the assorted oni in...

...wait.

Where is everyone?


Sitting up, you scan your surroundings, but see no sign of anyone else. Not a horn, nor wing, nor silly hat to be seen. Nothing to suggest that anyone had come back, let alone was still there. The place look almost exactly as you remember it before you went to sleep.

Almost.

On the table in front of you, the bottles that had been so neatly placed into wall-like rows had been rearranged to form a large circle, at the center of which lay something you distinctly do not remember being there before.

More than that, it strikes you as something that should not be here. Not at all.
Even though your eyes tell you it is most definitely there, something at the back of your mind screams that it should not be.

Nevertheless, it is there, its very presence calling out to you.
To pick it up.
Look at it.
See what it has to show you.

And so, cautiously, you reach over the circle of bottles, and gently take hold of the book.
Feeling the heft of it in your hands, you can't tell if it feels heavier than it looks, or lighter.
Or is it actually changing?

Examining the outside of the book-that-should-not-be, you see nothing out of the ordinary about the thing itself to explain this strange sensation you feel gnawing at the edges of your mind. The feeling of something out of place, that doesn't belong, tinged with the vague feeling of familiarity. You don't think you've ever seen this book before, yet something about it strikes you as familiar, as something you should recognize, yet do not. It is a feeling that makes your sense of unease all the stronger.

The only thing there is that you find actually unsettling isn't even a part of the book itself, but a small note attached to it.
A simple, white piece of paper, affixed to the front cover by some unknown method, marked by two simple words, written in red.

It's strange, though.

It's not even your birthday...
>> No. 136102
File 129962314146.jpg - (11.84KB , 302x380 , mood apathetic.jpg ) [iqdb]
136102
Month: Day:


Rain again today. How irritating.
I had hoped to pick “it” up today, but there is no way I could get it back without it getting wet.
The weight isn't a problem, so much as the size, and with as many as I would need to carry it, there are not enough to pull off umbrella duty, as well.

How every irritating.

It's my own lack of foresight to blame for not having enough prepared for such a situation.

On the bright side, this is the perfect time to test that new water-proofing mixture!




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


Rain. Again.
The water-proofing looked promising at first, but has turned out to be unsatisfactory for extended use.
While it functions well enough for a small drizzle, prolonged exposure is no good, and neither is submersion Penetration of moisture is slowed, but not stopped.
No damage to the body itself, as far as I can see, but the powder is ruined.

Time to try a new formula?
Water-proof would be ideal, but even quick-drying would fine, too, if inconvenient.

Must investigate further!




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


Another breach today. You-know-who again.
No sign of anything missing, meaning she didn't find anything she wanted.
Or could not find what she did want.

Expect she'll be back sooner or later.

Perhaps I should prepare something for her...




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Month: Day:

Excellent! A perfect, sunny day!
All research on hold so that I may go get “it”.

I normally would never do such a thing, but, oh! What a rare opportunity!

I'm in such a good mood, I've even left a little something special for any guests who may stop by.

You know who you are.

Rest assured, as you read this, that you have not uncovered any great secrets of mine.
What you see here is only what I have chosen to allow you to see.

Not that I expect much of it will mean anything to you, Marisa.

Don't worry. That, too, is intentional.





- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





Really, you have nothing better to do than attempt to divine what secrets I may carry that may benefit you?

How naive.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


Notice anything?
For example, the time one these entries?
No?

Why do you think that is?



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


The answer should be obvious.
Though, if it is not, I shall be gracious enough to give you an hint.

The order of pages is not the order of writing.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:




It's really all quite obvious.
I would be amzed if even you could not figure it out, even with your monochromatic way of thinking.

The previous page may have been written yesterday, but the next may have been written months ago.

The true, order may not even be limited to this book.
It may be across several, or hundreds!

As I have proclaimed, all that you see here is only what I allow you to see.

Be grateful for that much!




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


The snow has been cleared off the roof.
Such a lovely winter day this is!


Who do ya think you're fooling?

- M


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


She came again, I see, and took a number of my other books with her.

But not this one.

It is of not matter, though. Not today!
I brought it home, and it's already found a nice place in my spare room upstairs.

Or should I call it “her” now?

Such a curious doll, it is.
I really don't like to buy what I can simply create, but this was most certainly a worthy exception.

A doll from the Outside, created using techniques and materials I've never seen before.
“A doll that can replace a human,” he called it.

I can certainly see how it could be considered such.
The skin is like nothing I've ever seen before on a doll. Completely soft, not unlike flesh, though the smell is completely different.
The size and shape are also unmistakably human. It even feels as if it has some sort of skeleton.

Even so, though, to completely replace a human?
Sounds like a bit of an exaggeration.

A human corpse, perhaps, but not a living being.

This requires further examination.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Month: Day:


As pleased as I am with my new acquisition, it puzzles me to no end.

For what purpose is a doll like this made?

There are no strings, no apparent means of manipulation beyond manually operating it by hand. Even the mouth!
Does it require some strange, Outside magic for it to work?

I can only imagine this to be the case. What else is there to do with it?
It seems to be capable of little else beyond sitting in a chair, or laying down.

Is it meant to be for decoration? Like a bowl of wax fruit?

What strange tastes they must have on the Outside.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:

While continuing my examination of my new doll, I heard something outside.
Upon investigation, I could see no one around.

But I could smell them.

It's fine, though.
Unlike my other visitor, I know this one is not likely to get in here under her own power, and even if she could, I am more than up to the task of dealing with her.

I almost hope she'll try something.

It will be most enjoyable to see precisely how she works.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


Examination of the new doll has been put on hold, indefinitely.
It's an fine addition to my collection, but for the life of me I cannot work out just what it was made for.

I would like to examine what the internals are like, but a test cut showed the skin is not capable of healing, and I don't dare risk damaging it when I have no means of repairing it.

A shame, too. The skin itself is an interesting material.
If only I could replicate it...




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


Damn. My prescription has nearly run out, and most of my funds had gone to that doll.

Well, nothing for it but to acquire some more.
Time for to perform, once again?

Yes, that should be fine.
The usual getup will suffice, as well.
After all, it simply won't do to have others know that I leave this place unguarded.

No more than aleady do, at least, Marisa.
I do hope you'll have the decency to try the door this time, as I requested last time. I will even leave it unlocked for you.

Just stop breaking my windows!


You were serious about that? Oops!

- M




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


YOU IDIOT!
I asked you, politely, to just use the door, and THIS is what you do?!

Never mind the damage to my house, never mind how much it will cost to replace my door, your thoughtless actions allowed a rather unpleasant pest to gain entry to my home!

The smell is everywhere, and will take hours if not days to air out, but worst of all is what happened to my dolls!
My dolls!

They may be ruined because of you!
Their clothes! Their hair! Everything is completely soaked!
I can't even touch them!

Mark these words, someone will pay dearly for this!




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Alright, I've calmed down, and upon further examination this might not be a complete loss.

The smell will take some time to remove, and all those clothes are a total loss, but the dolls themselves seem to be salvageable.

Washing seems to have worked at removing much of what was on the surface. Minimal discoloration makes me hopeful that whatever they were submerged in has not completely soaked in.

Then again, perhaps it would not be such a bad thing if it did?
Poisoned dolls could be quite useful, after all.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


Most of the dolls have been cleaned and redressed. As expected, the process became much easier as more dolls became capable of assisting.

The door has been temporarily repaired, as well. Nothing permanent, of course, but it will be more than enough to keep any more pests out for the night.

It's strange, though. While I have no doubt it would have taken far longer to do this on my own, I can't help but feel it all took longer than it should have.

Something else feels amiss, but I cannot place what it is.
It's almost like I'm being watched, yet I know that is not possible.

Thank goodness for this medicine.
I could use a nice dream tonight.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Month: Day:


The dream was satisfying, but the sleep was not.
I can only suspect the lingering smell is having an effect on me.
Responsiveness is .031 seconds slower than normal.

What was that doll trying to do? Poison me?
Even if it is having an effect, it is still nothing I cannot withstand.
She really is such a child, isn't she?


More than that, MARISA!

I know you must be reading this when you come, so perhaps you would care to explain this?
It's bad enough that you break into my home to invade my privacy, but now you're using spells to do it when you're not even here?!

I thought it was strange how it felt like I was being watched, but I never would have thought that you would do something like this!

I don't know what spell or enchantment you've used, but I will find it, I will break it, and I will do everything in my power to ensure it does not happen again.

You've crossed the line this time, Marisa.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


I've changed my mind.
I won't seek out what spell you may have used.
I won't analyze it.
I won't even try to stop you from using it.

I will allow to keep whatever secret method you've used to yourself, provided you undo it the next time you're here.

Just take it down, and that will be the end of it. No questions asked.

Don't think it's because I cannot find it, nor identify it.
I most certainly can.

I am merely extending this offer to you as a courtesy, from one practitioner to the other.

You may not have any respect for the privacy of others, but that does not mean I should have to lower myself to your level. Be grateful that I am taking the high ground, this time.

Just take it down.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Response time is decreasing.
.523 seconds delay as of last test.

Is the smell getting to me?



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



The dolls are getting harder to control efficiently.

Delay of 1.2 seconds with standard formation, down to .913 seconds when limited to just one.

All windows are open, but the smell is not lessening at all.

Getting stronger? No, can't be...



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


2 second delay with just one doll.

Smell is stronger.

Still feel like being watched.



Something is wrong here.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Who is it?!
Who?!

Who is watching me?!

Who is doing this?!

Watching me!
Watching me!

The smell is getting unbearable again.
Why?!

The dolls...
The dolls!

Why!

Why aren't they responding to me?!


WHY AREN'T THEY RESPO



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -





ǝuıɟ sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ
>> No. 136103
Oh god oh god oh god. We done fucked up big time.
>> No. 136104
>>136103
Try actually reading the update before going into a panic, kay?
>> No. 136106
>>136104
I did.
My analysis leads me to believe Alice has been assaulted by her dolls. It is likely she is in peril of some sort, if not physically then at the least her mental well being is certainly at stake.
And as that is totally our fault I feel a panic is well in order.
>> No. 136111
>>136106
Specifically, read the last line.

Even if it is true, this is a great triumph for Medicine! We should be happy that the doll slaver is dead! I know I am.

Spoiler tags~
>> No. 136114
Wasn't Alice supposed to be some sort of robot or something? It would certainly fit with her mechanical observations of her response times.
Also, hooray! Hopefully shes dead.
>> No. 136118
>>136111
Who knows who wrote that though, it could have been the bloody dolls!
>> No. 136120
>>136118
fuck spoiler tags
So what if it was? Dolls fighting for their liberation should be bloody.

it was probably a dream though, see the first post of the update. a wonderful dream of Medicine's victory~
>> No. 136123
>>136120
I don't see what indicates it might be a dream truth be told.
(I didn't mean bloody as in they were literally covered in blood (Not to say that couldn't be the case) but as a statement more akin to "Bloody hell!")
>> No. 136125
>>136123
Eerily silent oni bar?
Shotglasses rearranged around a book?
Strange compulsions (alright, this last one is normal for our protagonist).
The vote that led to this update was Foolish Dreamers?
>> No. 136174
oh fuck..
>> No. 136186
>>136174
The age of dolls is upon us...
>> No. 136193
File 129965739228.jpg - (19.11KB , 592x410 , realdoll.jpg ) [iqdb]
136193
>>136186
GAZE UPON OUR FACE AND DESPAIR
>> No. 136218
The first half was d'awwww.

The middle was weird, and then the latter half was fucking creepy.

Writer-person: were I female, I would be extending offers of sexual favors to you right now. That is how much I am enjoying this.
>> No. 136220
When did this story turned serious? Last time I checked, we were running away from an agry Yuuka after trying to hug her.
>> No. 136242
File 129969966720.jpg - (274.05KB , 1000x1200 , 17262803.jpg ) [iqdb]
136242
>>136193
Gaze upon this face and try to despair. You can't.
>> No. 136272
File 129973704763.jpg - (276.05KB , 800x800 , she's it.jpg ) [iqdb]
136272
“Where did she go?!”
“I don't know! I don't see her!”
“Aw, man! She is not going to be happy about this!”
“Don't say that! We'll find her! And then She will smile upon us!”
“Yes! Listen to our brother! We must follow the Will of the Goddess!”
“Yeah! Then she will shower us with her buzz-blessings!”
FOR THE BUZZ GODDESS!




Tch. I think I lost them.

Idiots.
I guess it's nice to know they aren't any smarter when they're not stinking drunk, but it doesn't make them any less annoying! Sheesh!

Why are they chasing me, anyway?! They were just fine focusing on that damn little doll!

...did they get bored of her already?!
Did they...?

Crap. She better not be broken or anything.

Do youkai dolls even break?

Oh crap.
Oh crap oh crap oh CRAP!

What if they find out?!
They'll blame me!

I mean, sure, it was kinda my fault for pushing her, but...it was just a nudge! A little shove!
It served her right for throwing crap at my head and poisoning me!

She poisoned me!
My mouth still feels numb!

It's not my fault! It's not!
She...

...wait.

What was all that 'goddess' talk? And they were calling her...

No.

No way.

She couldn't, I mean, they would never just-...

Oh damn it all.

Did she do this?!
Why that miserable, stinking little-!

I should have thrown that little brat!

Damn that little psycho!

Damn that idiot!

This is all his fault!
I should be in bed, alseep, by now! But noooooooo~!
I have to trudge into the heart of this stinking hive of filthy drunks to make sure that dumbass isn't getting eaten or whatever these morons do for fun down here!

Who the hell gets knocked out by a fairy, anyway?!

I'm going to hit him.
That's all there is to it.
I'm going to take a keystone.
I am going to wind back.
And I am going to whup him right on the side of his stupid head!
His stupid, stupid head!

I'll bash his freaking brains in!

Wait, no.
No, no, calm down. Be calm. Be at peace.
Be...at...eugh!

I could be in bed right now! I could be fishing right now!
I could be...I don't know!

This is all his fault!
All that moron's fault!
Him and his...gah, what is wrong with how I throw keystones?!
There's nothing wrong with how I do it!
I'll show him!
Just because he's the first one who's ever actually-

“Well, well~! Might you be the rescue party?”

Ngh! Who the-?!

...woah. She's big.

I mean, not like that matters or anything!
And that horn looks stupid!

“Well? Are ya~?”

No. No.
Don't look at her.
Don't talk to her.
You are not getting involved with any more oni.
Not another one.
No matter what.
Just one is bad enough up there.

“Oh? Don't feel like talkin'? Well, ain't that too bad. I don't know how safe it is to leave him alone with her, ya know?”

Her?!”


Gah! Damn it! Now she's smiling!
What is she smiling for?!

“Oh-ho~! That got yer attention, huh?”

“Shut up. Just tell me where to find that dumbass, already.”

I don't know why she's still smiling like that, but it's pissing me off!
Even more than I already am, even!

“Aww, don't be like that! If we're gonna do this, we gotta do it proper, ya know? The night's still so young! It'd be a shame to not have a little fun first!”

“No thanks.”

“How cold! A party's always more fun with more people, and we don't get enough visitors down here as it is! Especially not anyone like you...Celestial.

Aw crap.
This is just what I need.


“I've always wondered what it would be like to fight one of you guys, but you're s'posed to be above all of that, right? Shame, that. All that drinkin' and partyin' ya do, you'd think we'd get along pretty well, right?”


I don't like that smile.
I don't like that tone.
I don't like her.
I don't like a single thing about any of this!


“Sorry, but I don't have time to 'play' with you or whatever it is you want. Either shut up and take me to that moron, or shut up and get out of my way! Either way, just shut up!”


Ough! That smile is really pissing me off, now!


“Aww, too bad. Well, can't say I didn't try! Still, I can't just let an opportunity like this go by, right? Ya never know when another one will show up...”


I have no idea what she's talking about, and I don't really care.
But...why do I think I don't like where this is going?


“If ya don't wanna play with ol' Yuugi, that's fine. I wanted to be sportin', since yer a guest and all, but if you wanna skip the formalities, that's fine by me. In that case, what do you say we just...”


She's cracking her neck.
Why is she cracking her neck?
She's stretching her legs.
Why is she stretching her legs?!
She's grinning like an idiot at me.
Why is she grinning at me like that?


...cut to the chase?


Oh, damn it all.






--------------------------------------


>>136242

I, for one, welcome our toxic, doll-jointed overlords.
>> No. 136274
>>136272
>Just because he's the first one who's ever actually-

I hnng'd a little too hard.
>> No. 136277
>>136274
What's so hnnng about being the first one to criticize her rock-throwing ability?
>> No. 136284
>>136277
He's the first one to care enough to criticize her about something as opposed to just letting her do what she wants. Despite all her tsun, she has some dere.

If that diary was true, in addition to Oni running around, Okuu looking about, and Medicine and Tenshi out and about, we have a doll army around here. Medicine doesn't realize she'd be able raise a mighty army of dolls and Oni.
>> No. 136442
File 129988708957.png - (932.89KB , 700x1700 , the three step program.png ) [iqdb]
136442
“I'll be sportin', since yer a guest and all...”

Step.
Crack.

“And give ya a bit of advice...”

Step.
Crack.

“Yer gonna wanna run.”


Run? Run?
Ha! As if I need to run from just one of these stOHWHATTHEHELLSHE'SCOMINGRIGHTATME

Dive!
Roll!
Kneel.


CRASH.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!
WHAT THE HELL?!
She just charged through the damn wall!

“HAHAHA! Good! Good! You've got pretty good reflexes for someone spends a lot of time layin' around in the clouds!”

Damn it all!
Where is she?
I hear her voice coming out of that hole, but it sounds like she's moving.
Where is she going to-DAMN!

OH YEAH!

CRASH
Left!
Hop!
Dive!
Roll!


CRASH

Damn it, damn it, damn it!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hm?

“Huh? Su-san, what's that?”

What indeed...
Smoke?
No, the lack of light suggests there is no flame.

The child's companion can only guess what the source of such sounds was, could only imagine what could be causing such a cloud of dust and debris to appear in the distance.

It is a thought that brings her no small amount of satisfaction, and only serves to increase the already considerable amount of pleasure she is experiencing.

That the oni could be bowed so easily, to the point that they are all but worshiping the two dolls, was remarkable enough. The reverence, the fear that they showed so plainly upon their sobered faces sent shivers through her very frame. Even now, she was positively tingling with delight, a sensation that neither of them had felt since that time the alien pharmacist invited them to partake of some of her more potent creations.

Were this night to be given the form of a cake, what the Celestial must be going through at that moment would most assuredly be the frosting upon it.

Oh! How she wishes she could see the look on her face, but alas...
She knows it makes no difference. They shall be reunited soon enough, she is sure.

And they will be ready for her when they are...

She tells the child that is if of little importance, reminding her of the task at hand.
She is uncertain, but does not press the matter any further, turning her attention back to the direction of the now-docile brutes who are now carrying them upon a makeshift throne.

It is just as well, her companion muses.
After all, moments such as this have been so rare for them. It would be a shame for her to not be able to not enjoy it.

To have a veritable legion at your beck and call, comprised of those who once stood above you. To have them kneel and bow before you, their will to resist you broken and scattered, hopping to obey your every command as they beg and plead for your mercy.

What joy, what unspeakable rapture it is to so thoroughly dominate another!

Yes. This is what she must experience.
She must know this happiness, to taste it, so that when the time comes she will be able to properly enjoy it for herself!

This feeling...

Such a shame that it is not to last.
Not here, at least.

These oni are but a prelude to the main attraction.
The smallest of appetizers, before the main course.

So thrilling are the possibilities that lie before them, it is all she can do to keep herself from trembling at the thought of them.

“Su-san? They say we're almost there.”

Hm? Ah, yes, of course...
Their destination.
Their goal.
As easy as it is to lose oneself in their hopes for the future, one must not lose sight of where they are.

It does no good to dream of everything you want if you awaken to find you've lost everything you have.

Ambition can be a virtue, but it's no good to be greedy, is it?
There are plenty of simpler pleasures to be had, after all.
As breathtaking as the sight of hundreds bowing in submission could be, would the sight of just one not have its own appeal?

There goes that tingle again...

How curious it all is.
Such thoughts have never been quite so prevalent in her mind before.
She might almost be bothered by it, if she did not feel quite so good.

The mere thought of that one in such a position only makes it better.

Kneeling before her...
Groveling.
Begging for the privilege of licking clean her-

“Su-san? Su-san! Look! Overe there!”

Ah, yes, right.
Of course.

She must not allow herself to get carried away, nor get ahead of herself.

All things in due time, as they say.


Even so, she does still wonder about that leash...

...and that noise.

Wait, what is-


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


What is wrong with these people?!
That stupid bird was bad enough, but this?!

“HAHA! Good one! I almost spilled my drink that time!”

I go behind a wall, she runs through the wall.

I go behind a building, she runs through the building.

As if that's not enough, she's started drinking while she does it!

She's making fun of me.
That's all there is to it.
She's mocking me!

That's all she's doing, isn't it?
Toying with me.
It's not like she's trying to cut me off or stop me!
She's just chasing me!
Making me run from her, and keep running!

Where is that damn bird when you need her?!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


The sound of rattling bottles snaps you out of your slumber, your body jerking in surprise. You attempt to sit up, but a strange weight on top of you holds you down.

Suddenly, you feel the familiar warmth of the sun shining upon your face.
A strange thing to feel, considering you're indoors.

...and underground.

“Shall I terminate?”

Terminate?
Terminate what?

Struggling against the strange weight, you twist around and find yourself face-to-face with Utsuho.
Or, rather, face-to-glowing-rod-thingy.

“Um...Miss Utsuho?” you cautiously ask, wondering why she's pointing that thing at you.

“Hi!” the bird-girl cheerfully replies, her expression looking nothing like what you would expect to be worn by someone who was pointing what you are relatively certain is meant to be a weapon right in your face.

“...what are you doing?”

“Huh?” she asks, tilting her head to the side. “Well, you kinda disappeared, and them Mama found out, and she got mad, and I got in trouble, and she said I had to go find you, and then your girlfriend wanted to come, and your other girlfriend came too, and then we all came, and I thought I wouldn't get to blow stuff up, but I got to blow stuff up, and now I found you and now Mama can stop being mad at me!”

“Um, okay...”

“Oh! But I gotta make sure you're safe! Are you safe? You've got a bridge princess on you. Should I terminate it?”

“No! No!” you quickly say, glancing at the sleeping Parsee snuggled against you, feeling a strange sense of envy that anyone could sleep so peacefully despite all the noise. “It's okay! She's with me, kinda, so you don't need to terminate or whatever! Okay?”

Tilting her head from side to side, as if rocking and sliding her very thoughts around in her mind, Utsuho is silent as she appears to process your words. After an uncomfortable moment, her mental marble apparently falls into the hole as she nods with a smile.

“Okay!” she says happily, the warmth on your face fading as her rod-arm lowers. “You still look kinda stuck, though! Are you stuck? Do you need help? I can help!”

Like an eager child, Utsuho bounces up and down, seemingly waiting for you to give her something to do.

Bouncing.

Bouncing.

Such lovely, lovely bouncing...


You feel as if you should give her something, anything, to do.
Yet, you're not sure if you wouldn't mind just staying like this.




[ ] Have her stick around. The others should be here soon, right?
[ ] Have her go outside, and keep an eye out for the others.
[ ] Send her home, she's done enough for the night.

Also...
[ ] Rise
[ ] Reposition
[ ] Remain
>> No. 136447
[x] Have her stick around. The others should be here soon, right?
[x] Reposition

Fuck yeah Utsuho. Let's get this bridge princess off for more comfortable talking.
>> No. 136448
[x] Have her go outside, and keep an eye out for the others.
[x] Remain

Wow Su-san's pretty naughty... and thinking of things of Okuu's that could bounce is terribly distracting.
>> No. 136452
[x] Have her stick around. The others should be here soon, right?
[x] Remain
>> No. 136464
[x] Have her go outside, and keep an eye out for the others.
[x] Remain
>> No. 136467
>>136442
[X] Have her go outside, and keep an eye out for the others.
[X] Reposition

Too much bouncy, too much distraction.
Too good to stop, too good to not do more.
>> No. 136469
File 129990278978.jpg - (174.85KB , 850x1212 , bouncinglovelyokuu.jpg ) [iqdb]
136469
>>136467
When stuff like that happens, I makes me want to among other things take her with us in this story.
>> No. 136471
>>136469
No, Anon, you can't adopt this pet. She already has a collar, look.
>> No. 136489
[x] Rise
[x] Have her stick around. The others should be here soon, right?
Keeping trouble close to us where we can control it best... nevermind
>> No. 136491
[x] Have her go outside, and keep an eye out for the others.
-[x] PROTECT JOHN CONNOR THE OTHERS
[x] Rise
Envy? Ja!
>> No. 136503
[x] Have her stick around. The others should be here soon, right?
[x] Rise
>> No. 136538
[X] Have her go outside, and keep an eye out for the others.
[X] Remain

We need to ensure that Parsee stays comfortable! It is our duty as a man!
Also, why am I liking Su-san more with every update that has her?
>> No. 136575
[x] Have her go outside, and keep an eye out for the others.
[x] Remain

Writer-person, did you have any idea what you were getting into when you started this?

I can only assume you must have, since you manipulate us with such ease.

Goddamn, I love this story.
>> No. 136862
File 130017304018.jpg - (236.62KB , 850x1200 , bwoing bwoing bwoing bwoing bwoing.jpg ) [iqdb]
136862
As bouncy much as you would bouncy enjoy the additional bouncy company, you think that bouncy Utsuho would be of more bouncy use to you if she were to bouncy assist elsewhere.

Not only might she be able to spot the others and let them know where you are, but you find something about her presence strangely distracting and uncomfortable. Pleasant, and almost strangely hypnotic, but uncomfortable nonetheless.

That you have someone basically laying on top of you does not help matters.

“Actually, Miss Utsuho, would you mind going outside and keeping any eye out for the others? Maybe let them know I'm in here?” you ask, feeling the slightest pangs of regret in doing so, even as you carefully shift your body into a more comfortable position. “I'm kinda going to be stuck here for a while, you see.”

“Ummmm, okay!” the bouncing bird-girl replies, with a final hop. “I can do that! That's easy!”

Smiling to herself, Utsuho turns and skips away, the uneven sounds of stone and shoe upon the floor adding to the rising din of rumbling and rattling in the room.

What is causing that, anyway, you wonder?

“Hey! I see them!” Utsuho calls out to you from somewhere across the room.

“What? You do?” you ask, weakly attempting to sit up and look for yourself, before finally surrendering to the weight of the bridge princess and allowing yourself to simply lay there with her. You suppose you could have made a better attempt of it, but why risk waking her? She looks so peaceful! That she seems relatively undisturbed by the all noise and rumbling is, you suppose, merely a testament to how soundly she sleeps.

“Yeah! They're coming this way!” the bird-girl says with an eagerness that brings the image of her happily bouncing up and down back to your mind, as the rumbling steadily grows louder and louder. “What do I do no-”

With a deafening crash, Utsuho's words are drowned out by what you can only guess is the sound of the front of the bar exploding. From where you lay in your booth, you can only imagine the scene unfolding from across the room. Glass shattering, wood splintering, and a cacophony of groans and dazed mutterings are all you can hear for a few moments, before another sound begins to rise above the noise. A single voice from among the crowd, unmistakable to your ears even in these noisy conditions.

It's...

[ ] Time to party!
[ ] Time for medication!
[ ] Time to die!
[ ] Time to sleep!



---------------------------


Sorry to have so little after so long a delay.
I'm slacking off, I know. That's no good.

It's good to see things getting a little more active, here, though.


>>did you have any idea what you were getting into when you started this?

Honestly? Sometimes, I'm not entirely sure what I'm in now.

In the beginning, I wasn't expecting to spend more than a thread at any given place.

You can see how that's turned out.
>> No. 136864
[ ] Time to party!
>> No. 136866
[x] Time for medication!

Poison isn't medication, you silly doll.
>> No. 136867
[x] Time to die!
Tenshi, I think.

>Time to party!
Yuugi?
>Time for medication!
Medicine?
>Time to sleep!
... Rikako
>> No. 136868
[X] Time to party!

For oni, it's party time all the time.
>> No. 136870
[X] Time for medication!
>>136866
Oh, but a lot of medicines, when deployed in too large of a dose, can be poisonous, like hemlock, which in the right dose can be used as a sedative or antispasmodic drug, but with too high a dose can kill you.
>> No. 136871
[X] Time for medication!
>> No. 136876
[x] Time to party!
oh yeah!
>> No. 136877
[x] Time to die!

Going against all logic, I believe this is none other than Yuuka!
>> No. 136880
[x] Time to party!

CAHRAAAZY
>> No. 136881
File 130018345455.jpg - (228.59KB , 849x1081 , party orin.jpg ) [iqdb]
136881
Damn parties. Why must they be so seductive?
>> No. 136885
[x] Welcome to DIE!
>> No. 136887
[x] Time for medication!
>> No. 136894
[X] Time to party!
>> No. 136895
[X] Time to party!

This party is getting crazy, etc.
>> No. 136900
[v] Time to party!
>> No. 136947
[x] Time to party!
>> No. 136992
[x] Time to sleep!
>> No. 137175
File 130034618413.png - (216.14KB , 681x499 , you just got knocked THE FUCK out.png ) [iqdb]
137175
WOO! YEAH!” exclaims Yuugi between bouts of boisterous laughter. Though you cannot see her from your position, the sheer enthusiasm in her voice brings to mind the image of her posed with her fist thrust triumphantly into the air, possibly even with one foot resting on a chair or upon someone's chest. In short, precisely the stance you would except from someone celebrating a total victory. “That was great! Hey, wanna do it again?”

No!” you hear Tenshi's voice reply, before resuming her fits of coughing on what you can only assume is no small amount of dust.

What the hell were they doing?, you find yourself wondering.

Before your mind can begin to run wildly through all the possible scenarios that would result in Yuugi, Tenshi, and what sounds like a half-dozen or so other oni crashing into the bar, your attention is drawn by the telltale crunch of debris beneath someone's feet.

Someone is approaching.

“Aw, fine. Shame, though. Ya run pretty good for a cloud-rider!” Yuugi says, with a chuckle.

“I don't- eugh! Would you let me go, already?!” the Celestial demands, sounding as if she were struggling against something.

“Sure thing! Yer gonna wanna stick around, though. This is the finish line, after all!” you hear Yuugi chuckle again, much closer this time. The indignant hrmph of Tenshi the only response you hear, as the heavy footsteps of the horned woman draws nearer. “Hey, kiddo! Ya still here, right? ...oh-ho! Looks like you two are getting' along just fine!”

Mmmmnshup....trindasleeb...” Parsee mumbles quietly, as you marvel at her ability to remain asleep despite all the racket.

“Hi, Yuugi.” you quietly greet the oni woman as her face comes into view, grinning as she peers down at the two of you. You don't know why, but seeing such a friendly face puts you at ease. You feel safe, calm, as if nothing in the world would or could ever do you harm.

It is a feeling that is as pleasant as it is fleeting, as a moment later another face comes into view. A face that, though more familiar to your eyes, seems somehow far less pleasant and friendly at that particular moment.

“Erm. Um. Hi, Tenshi!”

As your Celestial friend gazes down at you, you feel an ominous sense of foreboding as you stare back at her. She doesn't look angry, or frustrated, or even confused. She just looks at you.
No expression. No emotion. Just a cold, hard stare. When she finally speaks, her voice is a as cold and devoid of emotion as her expression.

”What are you doing?”


[ ] I can totally explain this.

[ ] I so totally can't explain this.
>> No. 137177
[x] I so totally can't explain this.

Preemptive tide pissing.
>> No. 137180
[x] I so totally can't explain this.
Nothing to explain if you didn't do anything wrong!
>> No. 137181
[x] I can totally explain this.

I see this more as him telling her what exactly.
>> No. 137193
[x] I can totally explain this.

This is the truth option, right? Because there's no need to bullshit when this is the first time we are actually doing something right. We helped someone. If she gets all pissy over that, it's her fault.
>> No. 137195
File 130036429430.jpg - (455.20KB , 900x1050 , 3584433.jpg ) [iqdb]
137195
>>137175
[X] I so totally can't explain this.

Your guess is as good as mine at this point.
>> No. 137202
[X] I so totally can't explain this.
This sounds so much more fun
>> No. 137209
[x] I so totally can't explain this.
>> No. 137210
[x] I can totally explain this.

Tenshi has had a bad day, I'm not sure now is the time to be messing with her.
>> No. 137216
[x] I so totally can't explain this.
Bullshit time.
>> No. 137230
[ ] I so totally can't explain this.
>> No. 137236
[x] I can totally explain this.
>> No. 137237
[x] I can totally explain this.
>> No. 137243
[x] I can totally explain this.
>> No. 137276
[X] I can totally explain this.

If he was able to explain the fairy, he can explain this.
>> No. 137298
>>137236
>>137237
>>137243

Spam check.
>> No. 137303
[X] I can totally explain this.
>> No. 137307
[X] I can totally explain this.

Because we can.
>> No. 137315
[X] I can totally explain this.

"Yo, I GOT this!"
>> No. 137341
[X] I can totally explain this.
>> No. 137351
[X] I can totally explain this.
>> No. 137354
[X] I can totally explain this.

With a lot of run-on sentences.
>> No. 137359
Seriously this needs to be spamchecked. "[X] I can totally explain this." people keep coming out of the woodworks with nothing but the vote.
>> No. 137414
File 130049854274.jpg - (59.04KB , 650x500 , you don't want to do that.jpg ) [iqdb]
137414
This may not be a good idea, but I'm inclined to just let things slide this time, and give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I do agree that a few of the votes seem a little suspect, it's not not that unusual for people to have nothing but a vote in their post. The sudden spike in votes, and those three within that half-hour period are odd, but it's not like it hasn't happened before.

Besides, I would like to believe you guys are sensible enough to not try that sort of thing, but in the event a few of are you aren't: don't. Please.

We have people here who can check for that sort of thing. Quite easily, in fact. The only thing attempting to stuff the ballot box in your favor accomplishes here is wasting my time, and I am more than capable of doing that on my own as it is, thank you very much.

Not only that, it might start influencing how I do things. If I begin to believe that there are shenanigans afoot, I may become tempted to pull some shenanigans of my own. Next thing you know, we've got major cross-shenaniganation going on, and that never ends well for anyone.

So, please, don't do it. It's not worth it.
>> No. 137427
>>137414
Sort of want to see your shenanigans.
>> No. 137428
File 130051676170.jpg - (190.75KB , 768x1024 , you got some splainin to do.jpg ) [iqdb]
137428
“Um. I can explain this.” you tell Celestial staring coldly down at you.

You can explain this.” she says, flatly.

“Yeah! I can explain this!” you repeat.

You can explain this.

“Yep. I can explain this. I can so totally explain this. I can explain this so much, you won't believe how much I explained it.” You proclaim. It was a bit of a boast, perhaps, but at that moment you felt absolutely certain of what you claimed. You could explain this. You could explain it all.

You got knocked out and kidnapped by a fairy, and are now somehow spooning with a bridge princess. You can explain this.

“Well, uh, y-yeah! Yeah, I can!” you say, doubt beginning to creep into your mind. When she puts it like that, your situation would seem a little odd, especially to one who had not been there to witness what had occurred. Unfortunately, Tenshi's tone and expression give you the impression that a simple 'you really had to be there' will not help your case.

You sound uncertain.

“I'm not uncertain! I'm just, um, thinking!” you nearly stammer, desperately trying to not show any weakness or doubt. Women can smell such things, or so you heard. Especially the ones who are physically capable of crushing your skull like a walnut, be it under a rock or with their bare hands.

...or was that bears?

You glance over at Yuugi, in the hopes of some support, but see her turning away, her attention now on the still-groaning mass of what you assume to be other oni.

“Aw, c'mon! We didn't hit ya that hard! Buncha babies...” she says, stepping away, leaving you alone with the still-sleeping Parsee and the less-than-happy Tenshi staring you down.

Regardless, you know you cannot allow yourself to falter at this moment!
You must stand fast and strong! Or, at least as much as you can while laying down in a booth with a woman laying on top of you!

Well, then. By all means. Enlighten me.” she says, her every word dripping with acid. You feel a hot, tingling sensation as one lands upon your forehead. You almost let out a yelp at the feel of it, but manage to keep it inside.

When you're in as vulnerable a position as this, you cannot afford to let any signs of weakness show.

“Hey! Hey! They're here! What do I do now?” Utsuho says, suddenly popping into view, head cocked to one side. You find her beak to look particularly striking from that angle. At another time, you may have told her as much. Perhaps asked if you could touch it. Caress it. Perhaps even polish it, if she went for that sort of thing.

But now was not the time for such talk.
Of birds and beaks and ruffled feathers!

No, you had other things to worry about.
After all, you were really in it, this time.
You were in deep. Deep underground.

Too deep, perhaps.


...or not deep enough.




[ ] HOLE

[ ] Stairway
>> No. 137437
[x] Stairway

Stairway to Heaven, please.
>> No. 137440
>Beak

Either Okuu changed forms or MC's hallucinations are acting up again.

[x] HOLE
>> No. 137441
>>137437
We think alike.

[x] Stairway

This will be godly. One of his finest plays ever. Don't stop until you totaly convinced everyone, including yourself, that this is the truth.
>> No. 137452
[x] Stairway
>> No. 137459
>>137441
You understand what the choices mean in this?
>> No. 137460
[x] HOLE
>> No. 137463
x] HOLE
>> No. 137464
>>137459
It's either a routelock choice or an extremely cruel joke masquerading as one.
>> No. 137473
>[ ] HOLE
bold
>[ ] Stairway
italic

Am I on to something? Now I don't know what to pick
>> No. 137483
>>137473
Bold and italics make the text darker and lighter, respectively, to fit with the Hell/Heaven theme.
>> No. 137492
[x] HOLE

The shovel we use to dig ourselves in deeper can even penetrate bedrock.
>> No. 137497
[x] HOLE

Strike the earth!
>> No. 137514
[x] Stairway

I am working under the assumption that this is the truth option.
>> No. 137543
[x] Stairway
>> No. 137556
[X] HOLE

When you dig holes, you get rocks.
And you can never go wrong with rocks.
>> No. 137557
I'm seeing these choices as 'say something stupid, y/n', personally. And while saying something stupid is very tempting...

[x] Stairway
>> No. 137561
[X] HOLE

"Dive, DIVE, DIVE,, HIT YOUR BURNERS, PILOT!"
>> No. 137566
[x] Stairway
>> No. 137568
Can we build a ramp with the dirt from our hole or something? This is getting ridiculous.
>> No. 137576
[x] Stairway
>> No. 137614
[x] Stairway
>> No. 137708
[x] HOLE
>> No. 137709
File 130066490978.jpg - (68.31KB , 329x500 , it just keeps happening.jpg ) [iqdb]
137709
The Peach and Bird stare down at you, down into the pit in which you lay.
The pit which you had dug for yourself.
A cozy little hole built for one, yet occupied by two.
Small wonder, then, that it was beginning to feel so crowded.

As tempting as it would be to dig deeper, to expand it until it was large enough to accommodate others, this was not the time for it.

Besides, you didn't even have a shovel.

No, now was not the time to wallow in the depths, but to rise up! Rise up, and out!
Though you were not yet deep enough to be unable to climb out, you still felt relief to have something to help you.
Even a simple rope would have been sufficient, yet you have so much more than that at your disposal.

And so, you climb.
Little by little.
Step by step.
Up and into the light.

Though the Peach and Bird seem to get no closer, and you seem to get no higher, you know that you are ascending. Rising, ever upward!

The higher you go, the more you feel something shift upon you.
A weight, holding you down, as you continue upward.
Slowly, it shifts downward, yet still maintains a hold on you.

You do not mind it, though.
There is something peaceful and calming about its presence.

Further upward you rise, until you eventually come face to face with the Peach.

For a moment, you say nothing, simply enjoying the elevation.
The air up here is so much clearer, after all.
You inhale it, greedily, and savor its fragerance.

Where, below, there was only the smell of drink and broken dreams, up here it was different.
A new smell was up here, pleasant and familiar.
A flowery scent, with a strange nip to it, like a cool breeze in an early spring morning.

H-hey!” the Peach speaks, stem waggling in alarm “What do you think you're doinnnnnnngh...

The Peach falls to the table with a resounding thud, leaving you hoping it isn't bruised.
The Bird follows shortly after, slowly sliding into a seat, as gentle mumblings of it not being dark yet flow from her beak.

However, such words are quickly drowned by something else.

“...uma...

A strangely-familiar sound, not unlike a voice calling out to you.

...-uman...

In fact, it was very much like a voice, now that you thought about it.

Human! Hey! Snap out of it!

The sensation of something small and soft tapping you lightly on the forehead snaps you to full attention.
Oh, look! It's a little flower girl! How cute!

“Um, Su-san? I think you used too much.” she says, to an even smaller little flower girl, sitting on the Peach. How cute! “I KNOW it shouldn't affect him, but...huh? Again?” The little flower girl looks to you, uncertainly, and then back to the even littler flower girl. “Well...okay...” she says, reluctantly, turning back to you. “Um, Human? You gotta wake up, okay?”

As she raises her little fist, you wonder what it is she wants.
Is she trying to sell you something?
You don't think you have any money, though.
Besides, what's this talk of waking up?
It's so late, isn't it? Far too late for someone as young as her to be up, to say nothing of the smaller one!
Such little girls should be asleep at this hour!

You just may have to do something about this!


[ ] Wake up. If they aren't sleeping, neither are you!

[ ] Back to bed! And...

- ( ) Go alone. They'd just hog the blankets, anyway.
- ( ) Take the big one with you. She's closer, and you're lazy.
- ( ) Take the little one with you. Sleep is especially important for the little ones!
- ( ) Take them both with you. If you're going down, you're taking everyone else down with you, damn it!
>> No. 137716
[x] Back to bed! And...
- (x) Take the little one with you. Sleep is especially important for the little ones!

Worried about Tenshi if Medicine attempts to use poison to break free of our cuddle-aided curfew.
>> No. 137717
[x] Back to bed! And...
- (x) Take them both with you. If you're going down, you're taking everyone else down with you, damn it!
>> No. 137719
[x] Back to bed! And...
- (x) Take the big one with you. She's closer, and you're lazy.

HUG MEDICINE!
>> No. 137721
[x] Wake up. If they aren't sleeping, neither are you!

Don't sleep your life away.
>> No. 137722
[x] Wake up. If they aren't sleeping, neither are you!

Something weird is afoot.
>> No. 137727
[x] Wake up. If they aren't sleeping, neither are you!
>> No. 137728
[x] Back to bed! And...
- (x) Take the big one with you. She's closer, and you're lazy.
>> No. 137730
[x] Wake up. If they aren't sleeping, neither are you!

If I remember correctly, we have a fairy induced concussion. You know what you should never do with a head injury? I'll give you three guesses to figure it out. It's sleep.
>> No. 137731
[X] Wake up. If they aren't sleeping, neither are you!

Whatever Medicine and Susan want, it must be urgent!
>> No. 137751
>>137730
Man, we really fucked that up. Slept a lot.
>> No. 137760
>>137730
I'm no doctor, but I would think that if that were absolutely true, the CDC wouldn't make a point of saying how important rest and sleep are to recovering from traumatic brain injury.

Granted, that is after you've been checked out by a medical professional, but short of requiring brain surgery there really isn't anything else you can do to recover aside from rest and let yourself heal.

Besides, if it were really that bad, I would think that you have bigger things to worry about than slipping into a coma because you tried to take a nap. Like the fact that you're probably several miles underground and are most likely a good couple of hours away from the one person who could effectively diagnose and treat you. Or that it's night-time, and thus the most dangerous time to make such a long journey, what with all the youkai that are out and about at that time.

And then there's still Yuuka to deal with.

So, I really wouldn't worry about sleeping, too much.
>> No. 137789
[x] Wake up. If they aren't sleeping, neither are you!

No time to get distracted! We have a peach to get.
>> No. 137791
[X]Wake up! If they aren't sleeping neither are you!

>>137789
You mean a bridge to catch.

Not literally, we don't want a bridge dropped on us.

You know what I mean.
>> No. 137796
[x] Wake up. If they aren't sleeping, neither are you!
>> No. 138110
File 130086845721.png - (1.78MB , 1944x2005 , this is gonna be a long night.png ) [iqdb]
138110
You had to do something.
But what, you wonder?
Sleep? Sleep?
This was no time to sleep!

Sure, it technically was time to sleep, since it was the middle of the night, but still!

Shaking yourself, you feel the fog inside your head lift and clear away, leaving only pure and pristine nothingness.

Just as it should be.

Blinking a couple times, you glance downward to see that your napping companion is still quite asleep, though now nestled comfortably on your lap. How you managed to loosen her hold on you enough to sit yourself up, you're not entirely sure, but you doubt you're going to be doing any more moving than that for the rest of the night.
As if to confirm that thought, you feel Parsee's arms tighten around you slightly and her head turn in what you assume is a more comfortable angle for her, though more than a little awkward for you.

“Human?” you hear Medicine's voice ask, uncertainly.

Looking up, you are greeted by the sight of your little friend hovering over the table, a look of concern on her face.

“Oh, Medi! Hi!” you say, surprised yet pleased to see her there. “What are you doing here?”

“Huh? We came to get you, of course!”” she replies, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Then again, you suppose it was.

“Wait, 'we'?”

“Uh-huh!” Medicine nods, smiling. “Su-san and me! ...well, they helped, too. Kinda.”

Hovering aside so you can see, she gestures to the unconscious forms of Utsuho and Tenshi laying face-first on the table. Seated on the head of the latter, Su-san silently stares at you, her little arms folded across her chest. Despite her usual lack of expression, you still get a sense of exasperation from the little doll, like a mother who just caught you doing something she told you not to do. Coming from someone larger, you would probably brace yourself for either some scolding and a long lecture, or one hell of a whipping just as soon as they could find a properly-sized stick to use.

Coming from something so small, though? That's just adorable.
That the way she's sitting on Tenshi's head reminds you almost of a big game hunter posing on top of his latest kill doesn't help matters, much.

Of course, it's not much of a kill when they're just asleep, but...

“Um, Medi? They are just sleeping, right?”

“Huh? Well, yeah! Probably.” Medicine says, twisting slightly in the air to look at the fallen bird and Celestial. “I mean, we weren't trying to get the bird-lady, but she was so close we couldn't not get her, so we got her, I guess.”

So she was just aiming for Tenshi, and Utsuho just had the bad luck of being in the line of fire?
You suppose you understand You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, right?
Of course, you do wonder why she would be aiming for Tenshi in the first place...

“Su-san says they'll fine, though, so it's okay! More importantly...” the little doll says, her tone becoming serious. “Are you okay, Human? They didn't do anything to you, did they?”

Before you can ask who she means by 'they', the two dolls turn to look at the rest of the bar behind them, and and silence suddenly falls over the room.
Where various oni had begun to pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and pass around drinks, they now stood completely motionless and looking your way. Where their faces wore strange expressions of relief, they were now frozen in what you could only describe as a look of complete and absolute terror, the likes of which you imagine is reserved for when you're being stared down by an extremely angry god.

From across the room, you see even Yuugi is frozen in mid-sip, though looking more curious about the reaction of the other oni than in horror in your general direction.

“Um, no. No, they haven't done anything to me, Medi.” you assure her, pushing back the faint temptation to make some wild claim about oni torture to see how she would react.

“Really, Human?” Medicine asks, still looking at the fear-stricken oni behind her. Though hard to tell from this distance, you think you see various pairs of oni eyes shift between looking at Medicine and yourself. “They didn't do anything?”

Medicine glances back at you, and for a brief moment you think you see a couple oni look right at you and frantically shake their heads, only to freeze the instant she turns her attention back to them.


[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Change the subject (specify)
>> No. 138111
[x] Yes
The thought of setting a weapon of oni destruction loose is tempting. But just not enough.
>> No. 138112
[x] Yes

Our time with the Oni has been quite nice, much more than what a certain fairy did.
>> No. 138114
[x] No

Sorry, oni. I can't help myself.
>> No. 138117
[x] No

They deserve it.
>> No. 138118
[x] Change the subject (Getting home)

Medicine vs. Yuka
>> No. 138120
[x] Change the subject (the glorious revolution)
>> No. 138122
[x] Yes
They don't really seem to be bad people and they haven't done anything to him. Well, Yuugi did capture him, but she's only one oni.
>> No. 138123
Oh joy, one of those ambiguous yes/no votes.

[x] No, they didn't do anything.
>> No. 138126
[x] Yes (As in, they did not in fact do anything)
>> No. 138130
[x] Yes
>> No. 138138
[x]Change the subject

You just woke up.

That means it's time for breakfast.

Wonder if they have any... eggs...

(Some water and whatever passes for a hangover cure down here might be nice too, if Parsee wakes up.)
>> No. 138145
[x] Change the subject (the glorious revolution)
-[X] Mention how much you miss eggs and plan to start a chicken farm when the revolution is complete.
>> No. 138165
>>138122
That and it was actually Cirno giving him to the Oni than any outright capture and Yuugi's been nice the whole time we were in her 'care' and we got to reunite and make up with Parsee.
>> No. 138214
>>138123
I was thinking the same.

[x] No, they didn't do anything.
>> No. 138304
File 130116799976.jpg - (167.73KB , 800x800 , cat planet.jpg ) [iqdb]
138304
Update is progressing, slowly but surely.
Sorry for the delays. Laziness and work are mostly to blame, though I'm also starting to get a little eager to move things along and get out of the underground, already. There's still so much left to do, so many places left to go, and with as long as just this part has taken I'm honestly curious just how many threads this story will have when it's finally done.

Hopefully I'll be able to finish this update when I get back tonight. If not, well, there's always tomorrow night.
>> No. 138309
>There's still so much left to do
hooray!
>> No. 138320
>>138304
I'm still hoping we get to take Parsee and/or that zombie fairy with us. But instead of a story falling into the SDM trap, it's the underground trap instead.
>> No. 138327
>>138320
I hope we manage to take Yuugi with us. Additional strength is always welcome.
>> No. 138329
>>138304
You have an ending planned? Surprising. I thought we were wandering around aimlessly.
>>138327
Just take the entire underground with us. Their oppression by the surface youkai ends here and now!

Seriously though, it'll be well-written and funny regardless of who we bring. I really don't care.
>> No. 138407
File 130134638774.png - (213.95KB , 634x726 , you know who's got your back.png ) [iqdb]
138407
You're not sure why the oni are looking at your little friend like she could strike them dead at any moment, but you know a situation that needs defusing when you see one.
It sometimes amazes you how well you can read a situation when you are neither directly involved in it, nor the cause of it.

“Yes, Medi.” you say, with complete honesty. As fun as it would be to see what she would do, you don't want to cause any trouble for anyone, especially not when they've been so hospitable when you disregard whatever role they may have played in your being beaten unconscious and abducted by a brain-damaged fairy.

“They did?!” Medicine exclaims, briefly looking back at you before turning back towards the oni, some of whom are already frantically scrambling to hide under or behind the nearest piece of furniture they can find.

“No! Yes! I mean, they didn't!” you stammer, reaching out for the little doll-girl. “They didn't do anything to me! Really!”

Medicine says nothing as she continues to stare at the terrified group of oni, the silence that had fallen over the room now broken by the sounds of quiet sobbing, whimpering, and what almost sounds like desperate praying. After a few, uncomfortable moments of this, she finally nods and turns back to you, smiling. “Well, I guess that's okay, then! Right, Su-san?”

The smaller doll simply nods, and resumes enjoying her seat on Tenshi's head.
You have no idea how a doll with no discernible facial expression can manage to look so satisfied, but she's doing it. Quite well, in fact.

“Anyway, Human, we're here to get you!” Medicine announces, quickly getting back to the matter at hand. “So, um, let's go!”

She looks at you, happily and eagerly, while the oni behind her begin to crawl out from under and behind their hiding places. Though most go right back to trying to pour as much liquor down their throats as they possibly can, a few hold off long enough to bow repeatedly in your booth's direction.

“Actually, Medi,” you begin, trying to ignore the scene behind her. “I think I'm going to have to stay here for the night. I sorta promised, and, well...” You gesture down to the sleeping Parsee on your lap, and shrug.

“Okay!” Medicine replies, not even bothering to look down at the bridge princess.

“Er, really, Medi? You don't have a problem with this?”

“Huh? Why would we?” she asks, sitting down on the edge of the table in front of you. “We're here because you're here, so if you're staying here, then we're staying here, too!”

“Medi...”

“Besides!” she continues, cheerfully. “Su-san says that if we don't keep an eye on you, you'll probably go and get lost again or something!”

You open your mouth to say something, only to find the words stop in your throat as you realize she has a point. Though you are no stranger to aimless wandering, you can't deny that your day had involved a lot more of it than usual, even though you can barely remember most of it.

“Looks like you're not goin' anywhere tonight, huh?” Yuugi says, grinning, returning to your booth and sliding into a nearby chair. “You or your rescue party.”

“Nope, I guess not.” you agree. “Oh yeah, this is Medicine. Medi? This is Yuugi. She took care of me while I was unconscious, here.”

“Um, hi.” the little doll says, clearly wary of the newcomer who was currently smiling at her.

“Interestin' little one, ain'tcha?” Yuugi says, her grin now accompanied by a strange twinkle in her eye. “Dropped a celestial an' the satori's little birdie like they were nothin', and you've even got most of the boys so shaken up they're practically pissing themselves. Just what kinda power are ya packin', little dollie?”

Wanna see?” Medicine glowers at the oni woman, in what you assume is either an attempt to intimidate the much larger oni, or simply out of annoyance at the interruption of her time with you.

If you would be so kind.” Yuugi continues to grin, completely undeterred by the smaller girl's tone. If anything, it seems to have encouraged her, as the look in her eye has become somewhat more worrying to you.

The look of someone just begging for a fight.

You want to say something to intervene, but don't dare get between the two as they stare each other down, leaving you little else to do but lean back into your seat as far as you can go in a vain attempt to get as far out of their way as you can. To your amazement, though, it seems that intervention is unnecessary. No punches are thrown, nor poison sprayed. The two simply stare at each other, one smiling as the other glares. This continues for several seconds, seemingly with neither side budging, but just when you begin to once again think about saying something, you notice a subtle change.

Slowly, yet noticeably, Yuugi's smile begins to fade, as her combative grin is gradually overtaken by a look of confusion. Medicine seems to notice it as well, and as her posture becomes more confident.

“Huh. Now that's weird...” Yuugi mutters, brow furrowed. “Mmmmm...ahh, there it goes.”

“Huh?!” Medicine leans back slightly as Yuugi's grin returns in full force. “Ah, um...”

“Heh! Interesting! I couldn't feel anything at all, there!” Yuugi chuckles to herself, while Medicine's confidence visibly fades away, unsure of what to make of the oni woman's reaction to whatever it was she apparently did. “No wonder those fellas got so freaked out! Heh! Probably'll do 'em some good to feel like that. An' if ya did what ya did to these two, hmm...what was that?”

“Ah, u-uhm...” Though the mildly frightening glint in her eye is gone, replaced by a look of genuinely happy interest, Medicine still seems taken aback by Yuugi's quick rebound..

“She can control poison, Yuugi.” you offer, glad to have something to contribute.

“Is that so?” the oni woman says, not looking away from the little doll-girl. “Heh! Amazing! And you can already do stuff like this? I'm guessin' yer still a bit of a youngin', right, kiddo?”

“Um, well, uh...h-hey! I'm not a kid!” Medicine snaps, her apprehension quickly forgotten.

“Mmmmyep, definitely still young.” Yuugi snickers.

“H-hey!”

“Now, now, I don't mean nothin' by it.” the oni grins as she chances a quick ruffle of the little doll's hair. “It's just that you don't see a whole lotta youkai that can do stuff like that and still be runnin' around up topside. Usually, if they aren't down here already, they wind up here sooner or later. ...'course, I guess you sorta are here right now, aren't ya?”

“What are you talking about, lady? And don't touch me!” Medicine says, attempting to maintain her composure despite clearly being on the defensive.

“Well, that's what we're down here for, mostly, right? Well, 'sides us oni, of course.” Yuugi shrugs, snatches up a nearby bottle, and begins to idly swirl around the contents. “Disease controllin', mind readin', and just about anything else a youkai can do that might cause trouble for everybody else up there winds up down here, sooner or later. These caves become the stompin' grounds for anyone the surface doesn't like, doesn't want, but can't actually do anything about. Power like yours? You'll fit right in down here, kiddo. Mmm, bleh, this stuff oughta be cold.”

“We're not moving down here or anything, lady. We got important stuff to do up there!” Medicine says sternly, as both she and her smaller counterpart both fold their arms.

“'Course ya do, kiddo. But one day, well, you'll see.” Yuugi sets her bottle back on the table and pushes it away. “Just know that when that day comes, you'll be more than welcome down here. Especially if ya get that power of yours even stronger. Heh, it'll be nice to have someone else 'round that can keep these dolts in line! Ain't that right, boys?

Looking up, you realize that the rest of the oni in the room have been watching your little corner of the bar for quite some time, seemingly in awe of the little meeting between the oni, the doll, and the dinky little human who was no match for any of them. Suddenly aware they had been found out, they all scramble to look as if they were busy doing something else. Some feign sleeping or drinking, while others act as if they were engaged in conversation with each other. One oni in particular does an especially convincing job of looking as if he were tying his shoes, or would be if not for the fact that he was completely barefoot at that moment, and clearly had never tied any sort of knot in his entire life.

“Anyway, just keep it in mind, 'kay? I like ya, kiddo. It'd be a shame to see someone like you get sealed up or somethin' worse on account of whatever stupid power struggle's goin' on at the time.” Yuugi says, as she resumes her search for a bottle with something drinkable in it. “Any power that can get an oni to cower like that is rare enough, but you also got honest eyes. I like that. Honesty ain't something you see a lot in youkai, but especially not in the stronger ones. Mostly, they just try to use you, crush you, or make it so you don't try to do the same to them. Tengu, 'specially.”

“Um. 'kay.” Medine says, staring blankly. “Are you done talking now?”

“Ha! That's what I'm talkin' about!” Yuugi laughs. “But, yeah, just listen to me, would ya? Heh. Anyway, what about you, kiddo?”

“Hey! I said I'm not-”

“Not you, dollie.” Yuugi interrupts, pointing to you. “Him.”

“Oh.”

“Uh, what about me?” you ask, wondering why the topic of conversation has shifted to you.

“Well, what're ya gonna do, now?” Yuugi asks with a smirk. “As fun as it is to have ya around, I'm guessin' you guys're gonna be wanting to get back to the surface, right?”

“Well, yeah, I guess.” you admit. “Since we're talking about powerful youkai, we still have the scary lady to deal with. Aw, man...”

“Heh, ya worry too much, kiddo. With that celestial and the little dollie here, how scary could one little ol' youkai be?” Yuugi chuckles, and ruffles your hair. “...'course, if she managed to chase you guys down here in the first place, well...huh.”

“Yeah.” you mutter, leaning forward enough to lightly knock your head on the table. “She's scary when she's angry. Very, very scary. Even when she's not angry, she was kinda scary.”

“Sounds like ya pissed off a pretty big fish, huh?”

“Yeeeeeah.” you say, as the cold, hard reality of your situation finally strikes you.

You have pissed off an very old, very powerful youkai.
Even if she were to have calmed down by the time you run into her again, you know there's no way she would be willing to just forgive and forget your attempt to hug her with a small, improvised explosive device that was intended to shrink her or something. What were you even thinking with that, anyway?!

You're dead.
Dead, dead, dead, dead, dead.
You might be breathing, and thinking, and so on, but you're dead.
Your body has just not yet caught on to that fact.

Unless...

“Uh, hey, Yuugi?” you ask, the faintest glimmer of hope in your voice.

“I like ya, kiddo. I really do. But, no.” Yuugi says, as that glimmer of hope shatters into dust. Apparently hearing the quiet, defeated whine you let out, Yuugi begins to scratch the back of your head. “Aw, c'mon! Don't be like that! You're a man, right?”

A dead man. you almost mutter.

“Well, a man's gotta be able to fight his own battles, you know? Especially if it's a battle he started.” Yuugi says, as she continues to scratch your head. As nice as it feels, though, you're afraid you're not enjoying it as much as you might normally. “He doesn't gotta do it alone, but he's still gotta do it, right? And you're not alone, right?”

“Huh? Of course not!” Medicine speaks up. “The Human has Su-san and me! And we have him!”

“See?” Yuugi's voice softens, as her hand leaves your head. “No one can solve your problems for you, but you, kiddo. Most I could do is root you on, but you got that base covered already. I could tag along, even fight your youkai, but it wouldn't be your fight that I'm fightin'. Even if I beat her, you'd still have the settle your own debt with her in the end. Ya know?”

“Yeah. Yeah, I know.” you say, both to her and yourself. “You're right, mo-...er, Yuugi. Still...”

“Hmm?”

“Does that mean you can't come along with us, anyway?” ask her, finally lifting your head off the table. “You know, for fun? The more the merrier, right?”

“Mmm, I dunno.” Yuugi says, leaning back in her chair. “We kinda gave up on the surface for a reason, y'know. Ain't much up there for us anymore, an' just about anything we could want's already down here. Plus, there's so much we gotta do...”

“Parsee said all you guys do is drink, party, and occasionally punch ghosts.”

“Well, yeah.” she says. “But that's no reason to not be down here, right?”

“Uh, I guess not.”

“Then again...” Yuugi sighs, rolling her head around to crack her neck. “I do like ya, kiddo. Seem like a fun bunch t'be around. An' if they can take a break from here, I guess there's no harm in me doin' it, either.”

“Huh? They?”

“So, I'll tell ya what!” Yuugi grins leans towards you. “Convince me.”

“Convince you?”

“Yep! Convince me!” she nods. “I'm not opposed to the idea, but I can't just go on my own little whimsy, y'know? I'll probably hafta call in more than a few favors to do but, but I can do it. You just gotta convince me!”


Still smiling, Yuugi shifts back into her chair, and waits for you to speak.
You don't doubt that she seems perfectly willing to go along with you, so long as you give her good reason to. You have to admit, even if she won't make your youkai problem go away, there would be something reassuring about having her with you.

But what to say?



[ ] What do you say?






-------------------------------------------




Yes, it's write-in only. Sorry.
No freebies this time, folks.
>> No. 138409
Only reasons i can think of why she should come along is that he wishes her to train him or that there are better drinks and stronger people up there since the time she left.
Or the best: An oni in my party? fucking awesome, gotta show her around.
>> No. 138417
[x]... ... This one who's after me... well, obviously she's a powerful one of course, not that most youkai aren't powerful but this is one of those really really terrible frightening ones that even scare the pants of large adults as well as small children, and now I come to think of it I'm not sure why she's not underground if she's so terrible, so maybe she's not that frightening in the grand scale of things? Except I heard that she was so scary at one point she even broke into another realm and beat up their goddess and burnt the whole place down for fun, and I don't know why they'd want to keep her around... unless they were too afraid to ask her to go underground, because she doesn't want to leave behind her flowers! But then that means she's, you know, even more.. scary than all the fine folk down here...

...Well, not to say that she's stronger than you and the others, of course, that'd be insulting. But now I'm really scared even though I faced her head-on to protect her *indicate celestial* because my best thrown rocks and help from lots of clever people didn't work and I don't know I can protect everyone even if I do get smushed up into pieces and I don't want to let them get hurt OR smushed! Because that would be bad, I wouldn't be able to enjoy scrambled eggs any more, because I'd be scrambled instead of the eggs, and now I've got a lot more people involved that mean a lot to me that are gonna be hurt if I mess up and that might even drag more people in if someone from aboveground messes up the below-ground above-ground don't-go-there treaty thing and then, and then, you haven't really forgiven me for implying that she might be stronger than you, have you? I'm sorry oh no!
>> No. 138421
File 130135382812.jpg - (195.61KB , 765x547 , yukablur.jpg ) [iqdb]
138421
>>138417
...Aaaand fuck, forgot to remove my namefield AND the password's screwed up. My bad. Have delicious terrible horror to make up for it.
>> No. 138422
>>138421
Hahaha

I vote for [X] Surprise Hugs
>> No. 138431
[x] There are strong people on the surface that would never in a million years visit the underground. You want to fight them, right? You're going to have to visit them.

This write-in sucks. Someone make it better.
>> No. 138442
Something like...
[X] You like fighting, yes?
[X] Well, when we leave, you'll have a heck of a fight, nee-sama

Sending out an SOS, Sending out an SOS...
>> No. 138446
no idea what to say, it doesn't help I'm more interested in taking Parsee with.

But what Yuugi said was an interesting note, though kinda sad as well some of these 'dreaded' youkai are actually quite nice (Yamame, Satori). I suspect we might have started Medicine on the path of A) being more social and B) perhaps ending up in the underground if the history of ignorance repeats.
>> No. 138472
[x] >>138417

I'm thinking that if we imply that there are tons of strong youkai aboveground now she'll want to come fight them.

Although mom is going to make us deal with Yuuka before she fights her, but at least we will have her there.
>> No. 138484
[x] There's no reason to not be out there, either.
-[x] Plus, even if there is, it's not like you'll be out there forever, think of it as a 'vacation' You can go and see the surface's hotspots: meet the shrine maiden, go with the other oni and bother the celestials (who, ironically enough, doesn't seem to live that differently from the guys here) scare the tengu, check Medicine's flower field, meet the other shrine maiden, listen to the Prismriver Sisters and, more importantly, come with the to the village so I can ask you out to dinner
It's time live up to our family name and do the right thing.
>> No. 138491
>>138484
She already took us out to dinner, man. How quickly our successes are forgotten...
>> No. 138506
[x]... ... This one who's after me... well, obviously she's a powerful one of course, not that most youkai aren't powerful but this is one of those really really terrible frightening ones that even scare the pants of large adults as well as small children, and now I come to think of it I'm not sure why she's not underground if she's so terrible, so maybe she's not that frightening in the grand scale of things? Except I heard that she was so scary at one point she even broke into another realm and beat up their goddess and burnt the whole place down for fun, and I don't know why they'd want to keep her around... unless they were too afraid to ask her to go underground, because she doesn't want to leave behind her flowers! But then that means she's, you know, even more.. scary than all the fine folk down here...

...Well, not to say that she's stronger than you and the others, of course, that'd be insulting. But now I'm really scared even though I faced her head-on to protect her *indicate celestial* because my best thrown rocks and help from lots of clever people didn't work and I don't know I can protect everyone even if I do get smushed up into pieces and I don't want to let them get hurt OR smushed! Because that would be bad, I wouldn't be able to enjoy scrambled eggs any more, because I'd be scrambled instead of the eggs, and now I've got a lot more people involved that mean a lot to me that are gonna be hurt if I mess up and that might even drag more people in if someone from aboveground messes up the below-ground above-ground don't-go-there treaty thing and then, and then, you haven't really forgiven me for implying that she might be stronger than you, have you? I'm sorry oh no!

>>138491
Eh don't worry, someone will go yandere on us for leading them on.
>> No. 138507
Do threads 2-4 of this still exist?
>> No. 138512
File 130144847597.png - (599.85KB , 876x1280 , 34a5964111433d8ebe7638e8182abab3.png ) [iqdb]
138512
>>138507
If you saved them.
>> No. 138530
[X] "Actually, now that I think about it, you probably shouldn't come with me... er, us. I..., that is to say... well... I have caused an irrational amount of distress to befall myself and my companions of late. You obviously have a very comfortable arrangement here, what with the drunkards and easily placated malcontents."

"Fair thee well!"
>> No. 138536
>>138446 Here and I just realized if that whole doll rebellion was true, it might hasten the progression of Medicine being driven underground as her actions already had a sort of impact.
>> No. 138538
I'd rather die than see Medicine driven underground. That's just too horrible.
>> No. 138544
>>138538
I don't think the MC would stand for it either. Hell he might end up breaking the contract entirely if he feels it's wrong. He may be aimless, he may see things, but he's an element of change, enemy of the status quo.
>> No. 138572
>>138491
>She already took us out to dinner, man.
Exactly, so now it's our time to pay her back.

[x]>>138417


I wish I could think of something on my own to get my favorite touhoe with us but I'm terribly bad at this.
>> No. 138573
[x] "Oni are kind of awesome, i always wanted to have an oni in my party. We could drink, arm wreste, scare people, tell me bedtime story like a mother, adventure and many other funny things i can't think of at the moment but will soon enough when we are out of here. Because somehow strange things always happen wherever i go. And drag Parsee with us, she really needs a good time away from all that stress and lonliness."
>> No. 139958
http://www.touhou-project.com/th/res/123416.html seems to have vanished, with even the link from the Story List forum leading to a dead end. Anyone have a copy of it or something?