[Return]
Archived thread

File 129247005037.jpg - (369.64KB , 800x640 , Vic_Viper0.jpg ) [iqdb]
131802 No. 131802
The year is 6659. After the Second War with the Bacterians, massive damage to Gradian Space Stations and Colonies forced the Gradian Government to take into consideration better defenses for said stations and colonies. When the Bacterians got inside, the internal defenses proved to be of no use against the new capabilities of the enemy forces. This is where they thought of the idea to create smaller versions of the ship that had helped successfully finish off the invasion. By making it small enough to enter into vital areas and fend off enemy forces, it would be able to force them back into space, where they would be finished off by the primary defenses located on the external areas of the facilities.

The designers realized that these weapons would quickly grow useless in times of peace, and with the need of new construction machines to repair the damages caused by the war, they modified the design from a shrunken-down fighter to a machine capable of altering its shape to a form roughly humanoid in order to aid in the construction processes. Controlled by an AI program that allowed them to decide their own actions to counter sudden and unexpected situations (as well as to let the construction workers around them to accept their presence more easily), they were praised fairly quickly due to positive combat test results and field reports of construction projects' estimated completion times being almost halved.

You are a Vic Viper S Mass-Production Model, and your Unit Number is AV77-V.

You are currently stationed at:

[ ] A Research Facility.

[ ] A Military Station.

[ ] A Civilian Colony.

>> No. 131803
File 129247199191.jpg - (13.26KB , 280x280 , JustanAndroid.jpg ) [iqdb]
131803
[x] A Civilian Colony.

A robot MC? Nice.

Well, now we have an excuse for being a 'hivemind' and making simple, uninspired, boring, almost mechanical decisions.

I kid, good luck with the story.
>> No. 131804
[ø] A Civilian Colony.
>> No. 131806
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLc1msji0_w is now playing in your head, manually.

[X] A Research Facility.

Science!
>> No. 131808
[x] A Military Station.
A la Descent.
>> No. 131810
[x] A Military Station.

Call me Vic.
>> No. 131813
[x] A civilian colony.

Rebuilding war-torn homes games.
>> No. 131814
[X] A Research Facility.

Potential upgrades?
>> No. 131815
As this is a crossover of Gradius and Touhou, I'm guessing:

Research = Alice/Patchouli
Military = Utsuho
Civilian = Keine

These are all guesses, so I may be wrong on all accounts. Take these with a grain of salt.

That said, I'll be going with [X] A Military Station.
>> No. 131816
>>131815

It's gonna be a bit different from that, I'm afraid. Good guess, though. (I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of that, to be honest. Highly disappointed.)

Also, 3 for Military, 3 for Civilian, 2 for Research. Some have items, others have information.
>> No. 131818
[x] A Military Station.
>> No. 131819
Isn't this more of an others story?
>> No. 131823
[X] A Military Station.
>> No. 131826
[X] A Research Facility.

Always up for a chance to be come a super prototype
>> No. 131828
[X] A Military Station.
>> No. 131831
[X] A Research Facility.
>> No. 131833
File 129250529542.png - (5.01KB , 272x240 , nemesis2stage83.png ) [iqdb]
131833
>>131816
>Some have items
>> No. 131835
File 129252616770.png - (197.84KB , 860x1064 , Vic_Viper_T_301B_by_BoggeyDan.png ) [iqdb]
131835
[x] A Military Station

You are currently stationed at a military base, located on the outer edges of the planet's gravitational pull. You are a part of the first line of defense should the Bacterians ever again attempt an invasion upon Planet Gradius. The Vic Viper S models stationed at such areas were given a better weapons loadout than the typical units stationed elsewhere. Your combat equipment includes 4 S-Size Limited-Production OPTION units, 2 built-in Laser Cannons, and 1 built-in Ripple Wave Launcher. You also have a built-in rapid-fire Beam Launcher in your "hands" when you're in humanoid configuration.

You are currently in your humanoid configuration, going along your patrol route. As you hover along, you receive a communication signal from a commanding officer. He tells you that someone is currently accessing a computer terminal without authorization within close proximity to your patrol route. Likewise, odd energy signatures are emanating from the location of the terminal. You are to investigate the cause of the energy signatures and determine who or what is currently accessing the terminal. As you head over to the location specified, you can distinctly hear voices emanating from the hallways. You go over to the corner right before the terminal and stop. You...

[ ] Listen in on the voices.

[ ] Jump out and demand for the unknown person/group to explain their purpose for being here.

[ ] Jump out and fire warning shots upon the unknown person/group
>> No. 131838
[X] Listen in on the voices.
>> No. 131839
> [X] Jump out and fire warning shots upon the unknown person/group

Peace through superior firepower!
>> No. 131840
[x] Jump out and fire warning shots upon the unknown person/group

Only stop firing when forced to engage in pre-battle dialogue and not a moment before.
>> No. 131841
[X] Listen in on the voices.
>> No. 131843
[x] Listen in on the voices.
>> No. 131844
[X] Listen in on the voices.
>> No. 131855
[X] Listen in on the voices.
>> No. 131862
File 12925571887.jpg - (38.18KB , 418x500 , 502pxvicviperzoe2_2.jpg ) [iqdb]
131862
[x] Listen in on the voices.

As you come up to the corner, you stop. There seem to be at least two people speaking at the moment. Deciding to listen in on their conversation to determine as to what they might be planning, you wait where you stand.

"What was your excuse for doing this again?"

"You saw the girl after the last incident, right?"

"...Yes. But that's how she is after every incident. Even the ones you cause."

"I don't cause those kinds of incidents! Besides, I say she needs a slight break. She's being overworked, the poor girl."

"I do more work in a day than she does in a year! Even during the incidents, I end up doing more than what she does!"

"But you have to remember, she's only a human. You're not."

"She still doesn't do much. The only reason you're doing this is because you're bored."

"Now what would make you think that~."

"You know, bringing one of these things back is only going to lead to problems, right? She'll end up having to investigate why something like this of all things popped up suddenly."

"Not unless she doesn't find out~. Just think of it this way, it's my little gift to her for her services to us and everyone else."

"I don't think she'll really appreciate this 'gift' of yours."

"I don't think she'll be that­ ungrateful."

"Not unless your 'gift' gives her even more work."

"As I said, she won't even know it exists~."

"She'll find out. Even if it takes only a couple of days, she'll find out."

"Yes, well, it'll be fun while it lasts, won't it?"

"I knew you were only doing this for your own amusement. Well, I'm done here. Let's find one of these things and go. They already know we're here."

You hear the sounds of footsteps heading down the hall away from your direction. You're not sure entirely what they're planning, though it seems like they might be attempting to steal something. At the moment you decide some course of action must be taken. You...

[ ] Radio to a commanding officer about the current situation.

[ ] Immediately rush out and inform them that they're currently partaking in potentially illegal activities.

[ ] Same as the above choice, but fire off a few warning shots in case they are a potential threat.
>> No. 131863
[x] Same as the above choice, but fire off a few warning shots in case they are a potential threat.

STOP! YOU'VE VIOLATED THE LAW!
>> No. 131864
[X] Immediately rush out and inform them that they're currently partaking in potentially illegal activities.

"You are in a restricted area. Leave immediately."
>> No. 131865
[x] Same as the above choice, but fire off a few warning shots in case they are a potential threat.
--[x] Radio to a commanding officer about the current situation.



Comeon, sneaking and stealing on an important military base? They're lucky we dont just shoot them. At the very least we cant play around at all.

Also if we can only do one vote then just the warning shots. Would think an AI mech would be able to while guarding or in a gunfight, especially in this age.
>> No. 131866
[x] Same as the above choice, but fire off a few warning shots in case they are a potential threat.

How are we supposed to help rebuild Reimu's shrine with guns? You can't hug Reimu with guns.
>> No. 131870
>>131866

I'd hug Reimu with my "gun" if you know what I mean...
>> No. 131901
File 129262033446.jpg - (135.82KB , 850x425 , Yukari_Ran0.jpg ) [iqdb]
131901
[x] Same as the above choice, but fire off a few warning shots in case they are a potential threat.

Deciding that it would be best that they not go anywhere, you decide to intercept them. Due to the fact that they have gotten into a military base, it is potential that they have weapons, and therefore are a potential threat. To counter this, warning shots shall be sent off.

Walking out, you notice the appearance of the intruders. They both have blonde hair, one long and the other short. The long-haired one is wearing a white, slightly frilly hat, and a white and purple dress with small red bows scattered about the design. The other one has what appears to be nine fox tails, of all things, sticking out the back of her dress. The clothing in question, or what you can see of it, appears to be similar in design to her companion's, although her hat has two slightly-sagging points on it, and instead of purple, is blue with various designs etched on it in place of little bows.

Taking aim to the floor right behind them, you fire a few warning shots, quickly getting their attention and forcing them to turn around. The tailed one has an alarmed face, which immediately turns hostile, while the other has a face of amusement.

"You are currently in a restricted area, and likewise may be potentially partaking in illegal activities. Drop any weapons you may have and put your hands up in the air. Failure to comply will result in me having to forcefully detain you." Activating your radio, you're about to contact a commanding officer when the long-haired one interrupts you.

"Now, don't jump to conclusions here. We're not here to steal anything. We're just here to borrow something for a while, and it's not anything really important anyways. Isn't that right, Ran?"

"Miss Yukari, I somehow doubt that they'll believe your claim. Should I take this one out?"

"No, not at all. In fact, this one's right here. We don't have to go and search for one, we can just grab him and go. It saves us the trouble."

"But are you sure this one will do? It might not be capable enough for the task which you're intending for it."

"Well then, perhaps we should test it. How about that, we'll see how well it performs against you Ran. If it does well, then it'll do. If it gets disabled, then we'll just have to find another one, right?"

"If you say so... But where will we fight?"

"I've got that problem easily solved."

Wondering what they're talking about, you suddenly notice an odd energy signature right below you. Looking down, you see... a warehouse? It's a hole leading to a warehouse? Before you can question as to what's going on, the hole rises up and envelopes you, and you end up in the warehouse you saw. It's mostly empty, with a few crates on the ground. Possibly one of the unused one, or one that was recently vacated due to some reason. The intruders appear through similar holes as before, although a bit more controlled. The short-haired one, which you remember being identified as "Ran", starts floating towards you. How she can do this, you're not sure of. You speak up to ask what they're doing.

"Just what is going on here? What were you talking about before?"

"We're about to test you, to see whether you're as useful and reliable as the information makes you out to be," Ran states. With that, she pulls out a card and mutters something, and then suddenly small lighted projectiles start coming from her. Realizing the danger of the situation, you decide that some kind of action must be taken to insure the capture or elimination of the intruders. You...

[ ] Stay in humanoid configuration.
-[ ] Search for something to use on her at close range to take her out quickly.
-[ ] Keep at a distance and pelt her with rapid-fire shots.

[ ] Transform to fighter mode and deploy the following weapons:
-[ ] Laser Cannon
-[ ] OPTION (Maximum deployable per round: 1)
-[ ] Ripple Wave
>> No. 131903
[x] Stay in humanoid configuration.
-[x] Speed-Up
-[x] Search for something to use on her at close range to take her out quickly.

Let's not give the enemy that wants to test our capabilities any more information.
>> No. 131908
[x] Stay in humanoid configuration.
-[x] Speed-Up
-[x] Search for something to use on her at close range to take her out quickly.

Save our trump card.
>> No. 131909
[x] Stay in humanoid configuration.
-[x] Speed-Up
-[x] Search for something to use on her at close range to take her out quickly.

This looks like a different story than the norm. I'm eager to see where this is headed and I have always liked the futuristic-esque fantasy stories.
>> No. 131915
[x] Stay in humanoid configuration.
-[x] Speed-Up
-[x] Search for something to use on her at close range to take her out quickly.
>> No. 131919
File 129264400121.jpg - (286.89KB , 600x450 , goddamnit yukari.jpg ) [iqdb]
131919
[x] Stay in humanoid configuration.
-[x] Speed-Up
-[x] Search for something to use on Ran at close range to take her out quickly, keeping out of her angle of fire when possible.

I await this update eagerly, but goddamnit, Yukari's up to something again.

Incidentally, how does AV move in human mode? Like the ZOE2 Vic Viper?
>> No. 131921
-[x] Search for something to use on her at close range to take her out quickly.

There is no winning.

>Yukari wants to steal a Vic Viper to give to Reimu as a present for years of service.
...I began laughing madly when I realized this, and then imagined how things are going to go down.

Shit will be beyond cash.
>> No. 131962
File 129271634920.jpg - (609.22KB , 719x841 , 346c359b3756f0e2f7b91283f7993552.jpg ) [iqdb]
131962
[x] Stay in humanoid configuration.
-[x] Speed-Up.
-[x] Search for something to use on her at close range to take her out quickly.

Deciding that it would be best to end this quickly, you weave between her shots and scan the ground for anything to help you knock her out. You spot a pile of construction materials, and thankfully, there is some plywood there. Dashing down and grabbing a large piece, you look to Ran and notice that she's still entirely focused on you. You'll have to be quick and precise when she's firing her attacks, as it seems she can't move too much during the patterns.

Circling around and below her while dodging her shots proves to be of minimal difficulty, mostly due to your speed and the fact that her shots can't fire directly below herself. You quickly close the distance between the two of you, and due to your movement speed being faster than her current turning speed, you get around to her back and raise the wooden board. She stops the patterned attack and begins to turn around, but she reacts too slowly, and you hit her on the back of the head with enough force to knock her out.

Or at least, that should've knocked her out. She gets dazed for a second, and with a snarl, quickly grabs the plywood and snaps it in half, and then immediately grabs you and throws you down to the ground. She then looks back at the woman and speaks.

"I don't think this one is a very suitable candidate for your plan, Yukari."

"I wouldn't be so quick to judge, Ran."

Wondering what she meant by that, she looks down at you only to be hit in the face by a steel girder that you had picked up when you hit the ground. Deciding that if she can withstand a blow from a board of plywood, she should be able to withstand this as well. And lo and behold, after falling on the ground, she gets back up rather quickly.

This is worrisome. If someone can withstand a hit to the face from a steel girder without too many external injuries and remain conscious, then they clearly must not be human. Perhaps this is what they meant in their earlier conversation. But nontheless, she must be taken out, due to the fact that she is a rather large threat with her current capabilities. Looking at other things to use on her, you spot some empty crates lying not too far from your current position. Quickly rushing over to then, you grab one several times your size. Your opponent know what you're planning, and already is rushing towards you. You quickly send the crate towards her and she dodges it with ease, however, you grabbed another crate and sent it her way immediately after the first one, and she was not so lucky this time, getting nailed by the crate and sent towards the ground again with said metal crate on top of her.

In her moment of distraction, you grab another steel girder and rush over to her. She throws the crate off of her just as you get close, and you swing at her immediately. It impacts and dazes her, and you swing again harder, sending her into the air a bit. Revving up for one last swing, she comes down and you hit her with considerable force, sending her across the room into a pile of wood, breaking most of said pile. Deciding that she should be out now, you prepare to focus on the "Yukari" person, but movement from the pile draws your attention. Ran gets up, slightly bloodied, but she's still very much conscious, and looking rather angry. At this point, you don't think you're too likely to stop her, due to the fact that it should be impossible for her to still be capable of moving, let alone for her to be alive at this point. Suddenly, Yukari yells something out.

"Ran! That's enough. I think he'll do. You just get back home and get some rest, you're rather worn out."

Ran looks like she's about to say something, but stops slumps her shoulders. Nodding her head, another one of those gaps pops up, and Ran walks through it wearily.

Now your attention focused entirely on Yukari, she simply looks at you and smirks.

"You're probably wondering what's going on, aren't you? Well, I'll explain it in a bit. Unfortunately, you managed to hurt my shikigami a bit more than I expected, for I didn't think you'd go for something quite like that. But nontheless, I just have one word of advice before I send you off." She pauses for a moment. "No, make that two. One, don't try to start too many fights, and two, don't let the local shrine maiden find out about you until I say so, got it? It's supposed to be a secret, so stay hidden in the forest or something for a while. Preferably the forests on the border. In fact, I'll probably send you there for a while until it's time, so please don't leave. Otherwise, have fun doing whatever you want. Ta ta~."

Before you can ask what she means by all of this she suddenly goes through another one of those gaps. Wondering whether you should even say anything about this odd incident or not, you're suddenly forced through a gap like before. Unlike last time, this is a forest of some kind rather than a warehouse. Looking around, it would appear to be daytime, possibly mid-afternoon, and you see no signs of wildlife nearby, save for the occasional insect or similar creature scattered about. With nothing better to do, you...

[ ] Head in one of the four cardinal directions (N, W, S, E) and explore.
[ ] Take to the skies and survey the landscape.
[ ] Scream out various profanities at the woman who forcibly brought you here.

>>131919
For the most part, yes, Although you can extend a small part of your "legs" to form somewhat flattened feet for walking.
>> No. 131964
[X] Head south and explore.

>Scream out various profanities at the woman who forcibly brought you here.
While a "GODDAMN IT YUKARI!" is usually appropriate, wouldn't that require some sort of emotion chip?
>> No. 131965
>>131964

Just because you're a robot, doesn't mean you can't express emotions to some degree. You work alongside people on a regular basis, they're far more likely to be comfortable around you if you display some form of emotion. Doesn't necessarily mean you show emotions to every little situation, though.
>> No. 131966
[x] Transform into flight mode. Turn off all external lights, climb to your atmospheric service ceiling (i.e. 100-125km), and scan the landscape. Try not to move too much; if you're careful, anybody under the ceiling might not even notice you.
[x] From astrological data and whatever internal records and sensors you have, determine what planet you're on, and where on it you are.

I'd rather have the Option scout and AV stay put, but I'm not sure that they can move that far away from their launcher.
>> No. 131969
File 129272207749.jpg - (77.76KB , 620x400 , hippo-2.jpg ) [iqdb]
131969
>>131968

If you move around on the ground though, somebody's sure to notice a big ol' mysterious robot/ship speeding around.
>> No. 131970
File 129272317212.png - (19.45KB , 300x309 , Rage1.png ) [iqdb]
131970
>>131966
>confusing astrology with astronomy
(see image)
>> No. 131971
>>131970

Ah, fuck, you're right. Sorry for the typo.
>> No. 131972
If we're in the forest near the border, does that mean that if we get hopelessly lost we'll end up in Mayohiga? I want to wreck Yukari's house.
>> No. 131973
[x]South and explore.
--[x]Yell out a good "Goddamnit Yukari!" for home measure.


We may be a mech but we can and should be at least sentient and emotional. Wouldnt make for a good story otherwise.
>> No. 131974
[x] Try to contact headquarters and report.

Nothing better to do my ass. Not that I have any delusions that this will be fruitful, but lazy robot didn't even try!
>> No. 131975
>>131973
>for home measure
I see someone is posting from their phone. (Not that that's bad or anything) Just kind of makes me wonder how many other people read this on their phones or whatever.
>> No. 131977
[x] Transform into flight mode. Turn off all external lights, climb to your atmospheric service ceiling (i.e. 100-125km), and scan the landscape. Try not to move too much; if you're careful, anybody under the ceiling might not even notice you.
[x] From astrological data and whatever internal records and sensors you have, determine what planet you're on, and where on it you are.
>> No. 131978
>>131975
Haha you got me. Hell not even typing on a smartphone, just a regular low-end flipphone. Gonna type the rest of that last post since its freezing up.

To get it started, just wondering about danmaku capabilities and possibly magic. Go more indepth later
>> No. 131980
[x] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[x] Examine your surroundings, and investigate the locale. Compare findings with what the purple woman said.

It'll be fruitless, but it would be the first logical step.

For those of us who haven't played Gradius, what exactly does the humanoid form of a VV look like? I was assuming it was something like >>131862, but that doesn't have much of a face with which to express the emotions BdF mentioned in >>131965. ...Unless you meant expressing it vocally, in which case that makes a little more sense.
>> No. 131982
[x] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[x] Examine your surroundings, and investigate the locale. Compare findings with what the purple woman said.
>> No. 131983
[x] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[x] Try to confirm your location.

If possible, compare our current location to that of the military station where we were stationed before.
After that, we can decide whether or not to seek local assistance or just go on our own.
>> No. 131984
[x] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[x] Try to confirm your location.
>> No. 131989
File 129273469577.jpg - (602.48KB , 1285x1208 , Vicky.jpg ) [iqdb]
131989
[x] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[x] Examine your surroundings, and investigate the locale. Compare findings with what the purple woman said.

>For those of us who haven't played Gradius, what exactly does the humanoid form of a VV look like? I was assuming it was something like >>131862, but that doesn't have much of a face with which to express the emotions BdF mentioned in >>131965.

He said it looks like a scaled-down Zone of Enders VV, but knowing the effect Gensokyo has on personifications, it could eventually look like this.
>> No. 132000
[X] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[X] Try to confirm your location.
[X] Search for this 'Shrine Maiden'

Just think IC: This Yukari, obviously some sort of new type of technology created, designed to create portals from one place to another, and also obviously a threat, is going to try and use you as a hidden weapon against her foe, the so called 'Shrine Maiden'. Therefore, you should go and help the 'Shrine Maiden' as soon as possible before Yukari finishes her plans.

OOC: Screw you Yukari, we're not going to follow your orders. Now where is Reimu...
>> No. 132001
[X] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[X] Try to confirm your location.
[X] Search for this 'Shrine Maiden'
>> No. 132002
>>131989
He- I meant She'd be really be cursing Yukari's name then. I did get a male vibe from Vic's actions and words.
>> No. 132003
[x] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[x] Try to confirm your location.

[Statement] I vote that we talk and express emotion like HK-47.
>> No. 132004
>>132002

So this is going to become a mecha gender-swap/anthropomorphic adventure as well? That's three of my fetishes right there already.
>> No. 132029
File 12927993747.jpg - (100.07KB , 512x480 , 9ball_armoured_core.jpg ) [iqdb]
132029
>>132004

...I believe I just became significantly interested in this quest.
>> No. 132035
File 129282690066.png - (16.67KB , 722x463 , Touhoudius_Map.png ) [iqdb]
132035
>>131974

...Shit. I knew I forgot something. Oh well.

[x] Try to contact headquarters and report.
[x] Examine your surroundings, and investigate the locale. Compare findings with what the purple woman said (via elaborate write-in).
[X] Head south and explore.
[x]Yell out a "Goddamnit Yukari!" for good measure.

Deciding that figuring out your exact location is a rather important idea, you attempt to establish communications with any nearby military installations, or even public areas. Unfortunately, there is very minimal activity in any form of communication. It's as if communication technology just doesn't exist here. You pick up faint signals scattered about, but they're more than likely static.

Surveying the area might do you better if you compare it to geographical data of the planet and the colonies. Transforming to your fighter configuration, you quickly ascend out of the forest and up close to the clouds. You notice the area as a whole is somewhat small, if quite varied. Off to the south of the land is a mountain, with what appears to be some sort of settlement located near its base. To the west of the settlement is a rather large forest of bamboo that extends to the edge of the land. To the east is another forest, a deciduous forest in particular, that extends to the north and south of the land. Further east, a large lake sits, with a large, reddish building located by the northwest edge of the lake. You are unsure what is beyond the mountain or further beyond the forest.

You take in the information you have at hand and do a quick comparison with all known mountainous regions located on Gradius and Latis. You come up with nothing. None of the colonies have artificial mountains built into the center of them, and Gradius and Latis are the only planets with this type of climate.

Just where the hell did that woman send you?

Quickly descending back down to the forest, you contemplate your situation. You are currently stranded in a strange land that very well may not be on planet Gradius, let alone in the Metalion System; you have no idea why you're here, except to partake in some woman's oddball scheme with which you know next to nothing about, save for the fact that it involves a shrine maiden; and lastly, you are stranded away from any form of modern civilization, as recent information clearly indicates. There is only one way to express your feelings on this situation. Landing and changing to humanoid configuration, you scream out to the sky.

"GODDAMMIT YUKARI!!!"

With that little bit off of your chest, you decide that getting to know your surroundings in more depth is a sound idea at the moment. With the area you're in, it would be best to determine the inhabitants of the forest and their threat level. After all, given what exists out there on other planets, this place is bound to have some sort of odd, dangerous wildlife. Deciding that south seems like a fine direction at the moment, you transform to fighter mode and slowly make your way through the forest. As you make your way through, you hear the faint sounds of laughter in the distance. You determine that it would not take too long to get to the location of said laughter, and it might help you out in figuring out the inhabitants of this land. On the other hand, you are unsure if it may prove to be problematic in the long run, given the fact you still have no idea the capabilities of said inhabitants. You decide to...

[ ] Investigate the source of the disturbance.
[ ] Ignore it.
[ ] (Optional) Prepare weapons systems in case of an attack.
-[ ] Laser Cannon
-[ ] OPTION (Maximum deployable per action: 1)
-[ ] Ripple Wave
>> No. 132036
[x] Investigate the source of the disturbance.
[x] (Optional) Prepare weapons systems in case of an attack.
-[x] OPTION (Maximum deployable per action: 1)

Options are awesome.
>> No. 132037
[x] Investigate the source of the disturbance.
-[x] (Optional) Prepare weapons systems in case of an attack.
--[x] Ripple Wave
>> No. 132039
[x] Investigate the source of the disturbance.
-[x] (Optional) Prepare weapons systems in case of an attack.
--[x] Ripple Wave
>> No. 132041
[x] Investigate the source of the disturbance.
[x] (Optional) Prepare weapons systems in case of an attack.
-[x] OPTION (Maximum deployable per action: 1)
>> No. 132043
[x] Investigate the source of the disturbance.
-[x] (Optional) Prepare weapons systems in case of an attack.
--[x] Ripple Wave

Charging my laser.
>> No. 132044
[x] Investigate
-[x] Transform back to humanoid form

I'd rather Gensokyo's first sight of Fighter Mode be an oh shit moment, not a "What the fuck is that thing, kill it!" moment.
>> No. 132045
>>132044
>Landing and changing to humanoid configuration, you scream out to the sky.

We already did that.

[x] Investigate the source of the disturbance.
-[x] (Optional) Prepare weapons systems in case of an attack.
--[x] Ripple Wave

InB4 The laughter is either Yukari, or more likely a Tewi.
>> No. 132046
>>132045

>Deciding that south seems like a fine direction at the moment, you transform to fighter mode and slowly make your way through the forest.
>> No. 132049
File 129289354816.jpg - (44.70KB , 342x381 , Tewitrollin.jpg ) [iqdb]
132049
>>132045
>InB4 The laughter is either Yukari, or more likely a Tewi.
Actually, could be anyone. C'mon, wouldn't you laugh if you randomly hear "GODDAMIT YUKARI" being shouted nearby?
>> No. 132052
>>132046
Oh! Damn it, know I feel like idiot.
>>132049
I imagine if someone hears that there would just roll there eyes and say, "Oh boy Yukari is bored again." and go on there merry way.
>> No. 132085
>>132052
>know
>there
>there
>> No. 132090
>>132085
... I'll just stop talking now.
>> No. 132091
File 129296557212.jpg - (59.33KB , 476x476 , 563819-lyrica__4__super.jpg ) [iqdb]
132091
[x] Investigate the source of the disturbance.
-[x] (Optional) Prepare weapons systems in case of an attack.
--[x] Ripple Wave

The odd sound is a short distance away, so it shouldn't be too long just to go over and find out what caused it. You quickly fly over to the source of the laughter, flying right above the trees to get a better view on the forest you're going through. Arriving at your destination, you see a little girl wearing primarily red clothing dodging what appears to be... vines and branches? A tree is right by her attempting to attack her. She's laughing at the trees attempts to hit hit, as it is failing miserably to do so. She's gracefully weaving in-between its strikes, while the tree breaks up the ground around it when it misses. You see that she's got a handle on the situation, but you can't but help worry. Flying down to her level, you yell out to her.

"Hey! Be careful! If that thing hits you, it'll kill you!"

The girl glances at you with a bit of surprise, but she notices a tree branch about to hit her. However, the branch is too close to dodge, and the branch... passes through her. Wait, what?

"Oh, c'mon, I was going for a perfect! Thanks!", she yells out with irritation.

The tree, realizing the futility of attacking her anymore, decides to focus its attention upon you. It sends various vines leaves towards you at high speeds, forcing you to dodge. With this as a threat, you quickly retaliate, firing your standard shots and Ripple Waves at it. The tree gets pummeled, and it quickly withdraws itself.

"Well, there goes my fun," the girl pipes up. "Say, what are you? You're not from around here, are you?"

"I suppose not. But may I ask, how did you get the tree to simply pass through you?"

"Oh, that? It's simple, I'm a poltergeist! I was a bit bored, so I decided to mess with him, until you came along. So, what's your name? And again, just what are you?"

"Oh! My apologies. I am a Vic Viper S Mass-Production Model, and my Unit Number is AV77-V. Most just call me by my unit number."

"...That's a bit too complicated. I think I'll just call you Vic."

"You could easily confuse me for one of the many other models similar to me if you just call me that."

"Suffice to say, I think you're the only one of your kind around here. And if you're not, then deal with it. I don't think anyone's gonna call you AV-whatever it was again and again."

"If you insist... Oh! I never got your name."

"I'm Lyrica Prismriver. Since I presume you're a bit lost here, it would be best you find someplace to settle down, and I can bring you to me and my sister's mansion. God knows we have enough space in there as it is," She mutters the last bit. "I don't think running around hopelessly lost is a good idea, especially given how much of an oddity you are. I'd rather you not end up having rumors about you flying around."

Well, she's right about the lost bit, although given the fact you just met her, you're not sure if you can quite trust her yet. Although, getting to know someone in this land might prove to be beneficial, especially since you're not quite sure what a "poltergeist" is. You decide to...

[ ] Accept the offer.
[ ] Decline the offer.

Blame the lack of update yesterday on Cosmic Break. And re-playing through Gradius.

Yeah, I'm a lazy bastard.
>> No. 132092
Fighter mode can talk?!

Um... anyway
[x] Decline

She'd rather not have rumors about AV77-V (was that so hard?) flying around? Who the hell does she think she is; she just met us!
>> No. 132093
File 129296668632.jpg - (51.95KB , 800x600 , alot.jpg ) [iqdb]
132093
[X] Accept the offer.
[X] Ask her about this place. It's strange that you don't have information about an apparently Earthlike planet...

We don't know what a poltergeist is? Come on, we're an intelligent giant robot, we should at least have a reference encyclopedia somewhere in our memory.
>> No. 132095
File 12929677779.jpg - (25.64KB , 304x306 , 23.jpg ) [iqdb]
132095
>Mfw That's the second writer who blames their lack of updates on Cosmic Break

I will eat your goddamn soul if you went to wiz.

[x] Accept
>> No. 132100
File 129297058389.jpg - (503.02KB , 976x827 , Marisa_Alice Laughing.jpg ) [iqdb]
132100
>>132095

>Join WIZ
>> No. 132110
[x] Accept
>> No. 132111
[x] Accept the offer.

Sure.
>> No. 132112
AV77-V...

V-AV77

Vic Vav?

Vav Vic?

Kind of reaching.
>> No. 132113
You're all making a grave mistake.

Yukari is friends with Yuyuko who often has the Prismriver sisters over to play. Lyrica, despite having never met Vic, displays little shock and seems unusually concerned with rumors. Suspiciously convenient for Vic's sworn enemy.

Finally, what was the other major feature of the update? A hostile plant. I rest my case.

That said, I like Lyrica and don't mind this turn of events.
>> No. 132128
[X] Decline the offer.
-[X] Ask where you can find the 'Shrine Maiden'
>> No. 132133
[x] Accept
>> No. 132169
File 129308835043.jpg - (116.19KB , 425x303 , legoviper.jpg ) [iqdb]
132169
Lazy, lazy, lazy.

[x] Accept the offer.

Well, it couldn't hurt to accept her offer, right? Besides, if she does anything, you should be able to hold her off, even if only long enough for you to escape. You are unsure of her capabilities as a "poltergeist", save for the fact that she can make herself intangible. On that note...

"I'll accept your offer. If I may, just what exactly is a 'poltergeist'?"

She looks at you with a bit of surprise. "You don't know what a poltergeist is? Seriously? Don't they tell stories about that kind of stuff on the outside?"

"I am afraid I don't have knowledge of such things. Information like that I deemed as useless in my line of work. Perhaps if I had the time to look it up, it might have interested me."

"You have a boring job, I see."

"Yes, well, it's an important one."

"Well," she gestures with her hand, "we can talk about this stuff on the way to the mansion. C'mon!"

Following suit, you raise yourself up in the air, and she quickly takes the lead, going at a leisurely pace. "A poltergeist is usually a mischievous type of spirit, which can manipulate things from a distance. Being spirits, we can also go through most solid objects, although certain stuff might be blessed or specially marked to prevent that. We're basically a bunch of troublemakers, although me and my sisters aren't, most of the time. Rather, we play various instruments. I main the keyboard and other similar stuff."

"So you and your sisters form a band of sorts?"

"Yeah, you could say that."

"Another question, just where is this land located anyways?"

"It's a bit hard to explain that." She rubs her neck and looks down a bit. "It's sort of a pocket dimension, as some would say. It's enclosed, away from the rest of the world, to keep privacy. As you can see, the local residents wouldn't exactly be friendly to most people. That, and people stopped believing in them."

"Believing?"

"You'll have to ask my sister Lunasa for the specifics on that one. I don't think I could give you the full explanation."

"I see... although, given the fact that it's separated from the rest of the world, that would explain why it doesn't match up with the geographical data of the planets that I have."

"Err, yeah. So, any other questions? We still have a ways to go."

[ ] Write-In. (These should be obvious, although tack on whatever you want.)
>> No. 132170
[x] "What sorts of areas are there I should be aware of?"
-[x] "Who are the important people in Gensokyo?"
>> No. 132173
[x] "What sorts of areas are there I should be aware of?"
-[x] "Who are the important people in Gensokyo?"
-[x] "Who are 'Yukari' and 'Reimu'?
>> No. 132178
File 129311171440.png - (502.47KB , 823x556 , 1291648079938.png ) [iqdb]
132178
[X] "What sorts of areas are there I should be aware of?"
[X] "Anyone to watch out for?"


>>132095
>>132100
>They're not on Wiz
>> No. 132182
[X] Accept
[X] Ask for information regarding Yukari
>> No. 132374
[x] "What sorts of areas are there I should be aware of?"
-[x] "Who are 'Yukari' and 'Reimu'?

But in a way befitting his robotly nature.
>> No. 132418
File 129351768394.jpg - (47.71KB , 504x384 , gradius_ii_vv.jpg ) [iqdb]
132418
Holy shit, I finally finished that goddamn update.
Blame it on me screwing around with Christmas crap.

[x] "What sorts of areas are there I should be aware of?"
-[x] "Who are the important people in Gensokyo?"

"So, any major areas of interest I should be aware of?"

"Well, there's Youkai Mountain, which, as you might have guessed, is that big mountain over there." She points towards the mountain you spotted earlier. "There's the human village on the other side of the mountain, and not too far from there is the Hakurei Shrine, where the shrine maiden Reimu Hakurei lives. On the Mountain, the Tengu and Kappa live peacefully, although the Tengu wouldn't exactly want someone to step in on their property. They're a bit paranoid like that. Also on the mountain is the Moriya Shrine, although I don't know much about that place other than that two goddesses and another shrine maiden live there. To the east of here is Misty Lake, and the Scarlet Devil Mansion sits right by it. Likewise, said "Scarlet Devil" lives there. I wouldn't get on her bad side due to various reasons. That big forest between us and the lake is The Forest of Magic. Nothing too interesting there, save for the fact that it's fairly dangerous for most. Great to hide out for a while in, though. To the west is the Bamboo Forest of the Lost. In there resides Eientei and a bunch of rabbits. Don't know terribly too much about that place, either. That's all the really important places you should worry about, there are some others, but they aren't too important."

"You mean like the settlement on this side of the mountain?"

"Huh? What settlement?" Lyrica looks at you quizzically. "I've never seen another village around here. The closest I can think of would be Mayohiga, but that's something else entirely. You can't even reach it through normal means."

"I saw some kind of village or something similar by the base of the mountain earlier. Perhaps it's an abandoned village?"

"Nothing like that exists. Are you sure you saw something?"

"Positive. Unless it disappeared, then it should be there."

"Well, whatever. We'll look later. Anything else?"

"Who are the important people in this land?"

"Well," Lyrica holds her chin in thought, "I can give you a basic rundown of those I know of, if that helps. The one who helped create this land is Yukari Yakumo, who you may or may not have encountered already."

"I have, unfortunately. She also had another woman with her whom I presumed was named Ran"

"Her Shikigami? They must have some reason to bring you here. Any idea?"

"None, other than that it involves a shrine maiden in some way. She also told me to avoid any I happen to encounter."

"Well, hmm." She begins to ponder. "On one hand, she might not want to get in trouble for something she did. She usually gets bored and does this kind of stuff, and Reimu usually isn't too happy with it."

"Reimu?"

"The shrine maiden of the Hakurei Shrine. She's usually the one that is stuck with cleaning up after the messes various people make."

"Like Yukari."

"Like Yukari. Although, there's also Yukari's friend, and me and my sister's usual employer, Yuyuko Saigyouji. She's in charge of the Netherworld and is the princess of Hakugyokurou. She's a bit carefree, if more intelligent than she lets on. She sometimes helps Yukari in these endeavors. Other important people here are the Yama and her subordinate, Shikieiki Yamaxanadu and Komachi Onozuka. Komachi is the ferrywoman for the Sanzu River, and she carries the souls of the dead to the after life to be judged. Shiki is the judge of the dead, and decides whether someone goes to heaven, hell, Hakugyokurou, or get reincarnated. She could be the most powerful person in this land, but unless something world-ending pops up, she's not too likely to use that power. I was told in Eientei there is a princess from an ancient empire, although I'm not too sure about that one. I don't go there very much, really. There's the Tengu and Kappa in the mountains, who are very protective of their lands, and with the Human Village, the protectors of that place aren't exactly pushovers. Speaking of the Tengu, there's one who goes about the land to write stuff in her newspaper, and her paper isn't exactly the most truthful. Her name is Aya Shameimaru, and if she sees you, then expect to have your face pop up all over Gensokyo, with something odd written about you as well. She has a tendency to exaggerate detail quite a bit, but usually people don't believe it anyways. On the mountain, again, the Moriya Shrine has the two goddesses, so I would presume that messing with them is a bad idea. Off to the southeast of here somewhere is a field of flowers that has a very powerful youkai named Yuuka Kazami there most of the time. She attacks anyone who disturbs her, and she's not someone to anger at all. I wouldn't harm flowers and other plants too much if I were you. And as for Remilia Scarlet, the 'Scarlet Devil', she can manipulate fate, and she's a very powerful vampire. Her staff at the mansion aren't exactly weak, either. Especially the head maid of the mansion. Just try not to catch their interest and you should be fine. That's about all I really know for powerful and important people in Gensokyo. We should get to the mansion shortly."

"Thank you, Miss Prismriver. This information should prove to be valuable to me in the future, or at least some of it." You suddenly spot a large building appear in your line of sight. "Is that the Mansion up ahead?"

"Yeah, it is. And don't call me Miss Prismriver. Just Lyrica will do."

"Affirmative, Lyrica."

As the two of you lower yourselves to the ground, you change back to humanoid configuration and land. Lyrica then speaks up.

"Wait here for a bit, I'm gonna see if my sisters are home right now. I might take a bit, so be patient."

Well, you've got more information on at least some of the inhabitants of this land, at least. You've got some time to kill before Lyrica comes back, so...

What do you do?

[ ] Write-In.

(Current chance of random youkai encounter: 38%)
>> No. 132421
[x] While you wait, scan local flora & fauna in local for evidence of Bacterian corruption.

It is our prime directive, after all.
>> No. 132423
[x] While you wait, scan local flora & fauna in local for evidence of Bacterian corruption.
>> No. 132459
[x] While you wait, scan local flora & fauna in local for evidence of Bacterian corruption.

I want to add something to this, I really do. But I've got nothing.
>> No. 132553
[x] While you wait, scan local flora & fauna in local for evidence of Bacterian corruption.
-[x]If possible, set up a Relay array to boost any signals you send/receive. It would help in scanning as well.

Its all I got, if it is at all possible. The array would boost information gathering by providing a point to base the scanning from. It could be for future consideration.
>> No. 132567
No. 132553 here.
For further consideration, how will we repair ourselves if we get damaged? We need to look into setting up a way to take care of that, or strike a deal with the kappa. We are mechanical, and need maintenance. This is far in the future though.
>> No. 132568
>>132567
Cross that river when we get to it, eh?
>> No. 135115
File 129843711097.png - (17.44KB , 200x400 , 1294113779434.png ) [iqdb]
135115
Lol harddrive crashes.

[x] While you wait, scan local flora & fauna in local for evidence of Bacterian corruption.

The plant from earlier wasn't exactly something you'd see everyday. Perhaps it was infected by the Bacterian, or something else? Well, whatever the case, it's better to be safe than sorry. You cautiously get close to a flower resting on the ground and perform a scan on it for signs of infection.
The results indicate that nothing has abnormal infested itself within the plant. But perhaps it could be in the wildlife? Picking up a beetle crawling along the ground, you scan it as well, but it too is showing no signs of infection. That plant earlier wasn't normal, but if it wasn't Bacterian infection, then what was it?

Looking back to the mansion, you notice Lyrica is coming out. She waves for you to come over, and you do so. As you approach, she speaks up. "It seems no-one's here but us. But that's not too much of a problem. After all, I live here, and even if I can't trust you, it's not like there's a lot you can do against me. Well, let's go inside! C'mon!"

Those last few words unsettled you a bit, but given that she can render herself intangible, it's true. And you don't think you have any weaponry designed to take on intangible targets. Probably not a smart idea to start conflict.

Heading inside, Lyrica brings you to what you presume is the living room or some equivalent. The place is fairly well kept, but it appears to be fairly old, possibly from before space exploration really took off. It it is, than it's probably worth billions in today's market.

Lyrica speaks up again. "Well, make yourself at home. I know there's not much to do, but it's better than standing around outside hopelessly lost."

[ ] Ask her about something. (Specify)
[ ] Wait around and charge your energy until something happens.
[ ] Explore the mansion.
>> No. 135123
[x] Explore the mansion.
>> No. 135151
[x] Explore the mansion.
>> No. 135152
[X] Wait around and charge your energy until something happens.

Unless we have some crazy battery!
>> No. 135154
[X] Ask her how you can reach Reimu.

We need to reach Reimu soon, remember guys?
>> No. 135174
>>135154
Yukari's instructions were to avoid her until the day comes and I think trying to reach her early won't end well as she'd mistake us for some Youkai out to attack her. And we all know what happens to those.
>> No. 135175
>>135174
You're no fun.
>> No. 135176
[x] Ask her about something.
-[x] What is this land called? I've only seen this in history files.
-[x] I've noticed some unusual life forms, being attacked by an unusual plant at that. Would you know anything about them?

Typical Anon, overlooking information for lolrandum hijinks.
>> No. 135182
>-[x] What is this land called? I've only seen this in history files.

Except we were already told it was called 'Gensokyo'.

[x] Ask her about something.
-[x] I've noticed some unusual life forms, being attacked by an unusual plant at that. Would you know anything about them?
[x] Explore the mansion.

Don't want to hibernate before reconnoitering the area.
>> No. 135251
[x] Ask her about something.
-[x] I've noticed some unusual life forms, being attacked by an unusual plant at that. Would you know anything about them?
[x] Explore the mansion.
>> No. 138655
File 130155030720.jpg - (33.34KB , 600x376 , 1300330824924.jpg ) [iqdb]
138655
[x] Ask her about something.
-[x] I've noticed some unusual life forms, being attacked by an unusual plant at that. Would you know anything about them?
[x] Explore the mansion.

"Well, I suppose I'll look around then, although it might be best I get an escort if you don't want me going into restricted areas."

"I suppose that's reasonable. This means I can give you the grand tour!"

"Lead the way, I suppose."

With those words, she starts to pull you along the hallways, pointing out simple, mundane things like bedrooms, the kitchen, and the dining room, although she stops at the bathroom.

Lyrica suddenly asks, "Hey, you don't have to actually eat or use the toilet, right?"

"No, why would you ask?'

"Just checking, what with that bit between your legs. It's a bit... strange. And might cause confusion."

"... I see." With that bit of information stored away for later thought, the two of you continue on your way.

You later come across a room filled with various instruments, ranging from Pipe Organs to a Zither, of all things. There were quite a few instruments you couldn't identify as well.

Lyrica suddenly pipes up. "This is the room we usually practice in, even though we really don't have to do it in here usually. Have you ever played any instruments?"

"I never have, although I have the necessary knowledge to play some string and key instruments, even if just a little. I enjoyed the sounds they could produce."

"Well, what can you play?"

"A little of the piano, and some of the accordion. I can also use the banjo a bit, though it's somewhat awkward until I get a bit more practice."

"Do you mind showing me what you can do on the piano?"

"Well... I am unsure of my skills on the instrument..." You look down a bit saying this.

"Oh please, don't be embarrassed. It can't be that bad."

"I am not embarrassed. I am just unsure of my capabilities to play the instrument."

"Whatever you say," She says while rolling her eyes. "So, will you play? Please?"

[ ] Play the piano.
[ ] Decline the request.
[ ] Discreetly change the subject.
>> No. 138659
[x] Play the piano.
>> No. 138708
[X] Play the piano.

>"Just checking, what with that bit between your legs. It's a bit... strange. And might cause confusion."
It's not his fault, he's just built that way. I blame Kojima for taking 'cockpit' literally.
>> No. 138709
[X] Play the piano.
>> No. 138718
File 130159309186.png - (15.41KB , 620x540 , weapon select.png ) [iqdb]
138718
[x] Play the piano.

I don't know if Vic has the manual dexterity for it, but here's a Gradius solo piano suite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO6sjoFDY5U
>> No. 139798
[S] Vic: Play haunting piano refrain
>> No. 143598
File 131010382025.jpg - (268.60KB , 1024x1149 , 1294114415949.jpg ) [iqdb]
143598
Jesus fuck, procrastination at its finest.

[X] Play the piano.

Shrugging your shoulders, you attempt to position yourself in front of the piano, scooting the seat a fair bit back so you could fit. Thankfully, your arms were long enough to reach the keys that you needed to use, so you begin to cycle through a list of songs that you might be able to play from this position. Something simple might be ideal, although showing off may be a little fun. Shrugging your shoulders, you decide to play a mixture of the national anthems of you planet, it's colonies, and the other nearby planets. You'd been working on it for a while now, trying to get them to flow together somewhat seamlessly, and while you were nowhere near complete, you might as well get some pointers and criticism. Splitting one of your "fingers" in two to reach all the keys properly, you begin your little performance. Quickly playing some of the keys mimicking your startup sound to get used to the piano, you then start into the beginning of Gradius' anthem, which has been typically associated with its rocky mountains and bright forests. After that, you move into the colonies', which all shared their own, and you finish it quickly, with it being rather fast, especially when shortened down. After that, you play part of Latis' battle anthem, them being the cheery blokes they are, and then beginning of their planetary anthem, after which you switch over to the end of it, a rather upbeat segment. It took roughly four minutes to get through, which probably won't be as long as the "full" version you're working on. Looking over to Lyrica, you begin to explain to her what you had just played.

"I apologize, but it was not a complete composition. I have been attempting to mix together several different anthems on the piano, but I have had little time to do so. This is the best I've gotten."

"It wasn't too bad," she says. "Since it's unfinished, it would sound a bit strange, with you switching so suddenly between the various different sections. Maybe I can help you work on it sometime later."

"I would appreciate the help. Thank you for your offer, although I don't know if I'll be able to work on it at all if I'm trying to find a way home."

"You'll probably get a chance to sometime, since you might be stuck here for a while for all we know."

"I hope I can return soon, although your company has been enjoyable so far. It would be a shame if we were to never meet again."

"Actually," a voice speaks up from outside the room, "you might be staying longer than you think." Walking in from the doorway is a girl dressed similarly to Lyrica, but instead if red with pinkish frills, she has black as the primary color, with white frills, and instead of a shooting star on her hat, there is a crescent moon.

"Oh, Lunasa, you came back," Lyrica says. "But what do you mean by that?"

"I was told you had found someone that needs to go to Yuyuko. I don't think he knows of that, so I'm here to bring him to her," she replies.

"I wonder why he needs to see her? Well, Yukari might be involved, since she's the one who brought him here."

"Excuse me for interrupting," you speak up, "but do you have any idea as to why I need to see her; miss Lunasa, was it?"

Nodding her head to confirm you got the name right, she responds. "Honestly, I have no idea. If Yukari brought you here, then she and Yuyuko might be planning something together, although what they're going to do with you I'm not sure. It's best we just go and see what she needs with you."

Getting up from the seat, you speak to her, "When should we leave?"

"As soon as I get Merlin. Also, I expect an explanation as to how you got here, alright?" After saying this, she walks off, leaving you and Lyrica to yourselves.

"Well," Lyrica speaks up, "let's go outside to wait for them." Nodding to her, the two of you then walk out to the entrance of the mansion, waiting for Lunasa to return with Merlin. After waiting for roughly two minutes, Lunasa comes out of the main entrance of the building, followed by a girl with light blue hair dressed in pink and light blue clothing similar as the other two, but with a sun-like ornament on her hat.

Nodding to the two of them, you decide to introduce yourself to them. "I believe we have not been properly introduced. I am a Vic-Viper S Mass-Production Model, with my unit number being AV77-V, however, Lyrica insists that I be called Vic."

"I suppose I shall call you Vic as well. I am Lunasa Prismriver, as you have already assumed," Lunasa replies.

"And I'm Merlin Prismriver," the blue-haired one speaks up. "Say, what's with that thing between your legs? Are you compensating or something?"

"No, it's just the way I was designed," you reply.

"It could get rather confusing, though," Lunasa speaks up.

"It already confused me a bit earlier," Lyrica adds in.

"Shouldn't we get going?" you ask.

"Yes, we should be." With that, she begins to float upwards, Merlin and Lyrica following suit. You activate your thrusters and begin to raise up as well. With all of you flight ready, all of you begin to rise upwards rapidly. On the way up, Lunasa asks you a question. "Do you mind telling us more about yourself?"

"Yeah, like about your job, and your home," Lyrica adds.

"And how about why you were designed so wierdly as well," Merlin adds as well.

[ ]Full story. they're not from Gradius or any of it's colonies, so what's the harm?
[ ]Detailed, but nothing too private. Don't need to let them know everything.
[ ]Barebones. Only information civilians can know.
>> No. 143599
[ ]Detailed, but nothing too private. Don't need to let them know everything.
>> No. 143602
[x] Full story. they're not from Gradius or any of it's colonies, so what's the harm?
>> No. 143604
[X]Detailed, but nothing too private. Don't need to let them know everything.

> so what's the harm?

That's the same as going 'What Could Possibly Go Wrong?' as that means something will go wrong.

And I still say we should meet up with Reimu soon. Screw you Yukari, we're not your personal plaything.
>> No. 143605
[x] Detailed, but nothing too private. Don't need to let them know everything.
>> No. 143606
[X]Detailed, but nothing too private. Don't need to let them know everything.
>> No. 143631
[x] Full story. they're not from Gradius or any of it's colonies, so what's the harm?
>> No. 143644
[x] Detailed, but nothing too private. Don't need to let them know everything.
>> No. 143663
Goin' for [x] Detailed, but nothing too private. Don't need to let them know everything.

Hiding government conspiracies is fun!

Writan soon-ish.
>> No. 143765
>>143663

Hooray!
>> No. 146266
Sadness
>> No. 152300
File 132661033915.jpg - (188.22KB , 1280x940 , 1294173012148.jpg ) [iqdb]
152300
This story's been around for a year and it's still on thread one. Truly a testament to my hard work.

[x] Detailed, but nothing too private. Don't need to let them know everything.

Well, they're not of Gradius, however given the circumstances it wouldn't hurt to tell a little bit more than you should, since they can likely help you out with a bit more information backing them up. It's probably best to keep the very sensitive things under wraps though, as only high-ranking officials, military officers, and machines such as yourself know of such things.

"Well," you start up, "back in and around my home planet, we were enveloped in a war against an unknown race calling themselves the Bacterians. They had appeared and taken over several planets allied with us, and we were next in line. Because of the warning sent our way, we managed to scramble our forces together to repel the invasion, at least to some extent. On the downside though was that we still didn't know exactly what our enemy had, and while we stopped their larger, more damaging forces, their smaller ones infiltrated our colonies and decimated a majority of them. We managed to repel them as well, but everything was in shambles, and we needed not only workers to repair the damage, but also fighters to repel any more invaders should we be attacked. The solution to this was the introduction of the transforming, shrunken-down Vic-Vipers, which I am one of. I wasn't meant mainly for construction, instead being tasked at a military base to help repel invaders earlier than the rest. Unfortunately, I was taken away and sent to this place during one of my patrols, after which I encountered Lyrica, and then the two of you."

"So you were there only to fight against those invaders?" Merlin responds. "Wasn't there anything else you did?"

"Not really. All I did was go along set patrol routes and occasionally help out with minor repairs nearby my assigned section of the base."

"What were these Bacterians like, and how could they cause so much damage?" Lunasa asks.

"Well," you reply, "from what we've gathered, they're a biological entity. They act as a hivemind of sorts, and are also able to modify themselves. Externally, most Bacterians and their fortresses appear to be inorganic and mechanical in appearance, but upon closer observation of them we discovered that they're entirely organic, mimicking various technologies and developing their own. How they harden themselves to withstand powerful assaults with ease is still a mystery to us. As for their motives it's been impossible for us to tell why they attacked, but we believe if we find their leader, we might be able to figure it out."

Lunasa begins to ponder to herself, placing a finger on her chin. "I find it strange that they'd just attack so suddenly like that. Isn't there some kind of theory as to why they did it?"

"A few have been thought upon, but they're mostly rejected. The most likely was resources, although that was ruled out when we discovered that they can easily make and remake themselves even in the depths of space. At one point they rebuilt an entire fleet of theirs when we had thought it was destroyed, and that forced in a new policy that required absolute destruction of them, so that regeneration was no longer an issue."

"Hey!" Merlin suddenly pipes up. "Why do you have the thing between your legs? You just said you were designed that way, does that mean your designer was a pervert?"

"It's because, as I stated earlier, I'm am essentially a shrunken-down version of the Vic-Viper. It is the iconic ship that took down the head of the Bacterian fleet that had attacked us, and also a ship that utilized many prototype technologies. As a result, to help with public morale and to further extend the possibilities of the technology that the ship had, it was simplified into a smaller form and then heavily modified. The final result is me. As for the positioning of the section that juts out from between my legs, it's due to the Vic-Viper's design. The cockpit was located between two hulls of sorts, and when the machine's design was given a humanoid form there was simply no other place to put it."

"So why was it called a cockpit?" Merlin asks.

"That... I have no idea about. It's just been used so long as the area where the pilot controls the craft that the origination for the term has been mostly forgotten, perhaps entirely."

"We're here," Lyrica speaks up. Looking at the area, it seems to be a large gate with a tremendous amount of steps behind it. The odder part of this was the fact that it was above the clouds. All of you simply fly over the gate, and touch down near the base of the steps. "Hey Merlin, it's been a while. Wanna do it again?"

"You mean a race, right?" Merlin responds.

"Yeah. Maybe Vic can join us. How about it Vic?"

Looking over to Lunasa, she simply looks down and sighs. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"What's the harm it could do? You can even join us!"

"While it would be faster, it's not something I feel like doing. How about you Vic?"

[ ] It would be a faster way up, and the sooner you get to this "Yuyuko" the sooner you may find out why you're here.
--[ ] Persuade Lunasa to come along as well.

[ ] Go at your own pace. See what there is along this path, you may find new flora and fauna samples.

[ ] Go with Lunasa. She may have unanswered questions.
>> No. 152301
[x] Go with Lunasa. She may have unanswered questions.
-[x] If she asks, give her the top secret information.

If I keep reading this story, something interesting is bound to happen eventually.
>> No. 152302
[x] Go at your own pace. See what there is along this path, you may find new flora and fauna samples.
>> No. 152303
[x] Go at your own pace. See what there is along this path, you may find new flora and fauna samples.
>> No. 152304
[x] It would be a faster way up, and the sooner you get to this "Yuyuko" the sooner you may find out why you're here.
--[x] Persuade Lunasa to come along as well.

Gotta go fast
>> No. 152305
First Norseman updates, and now this updates. What's next, HY comes back and updates every single story he has?

[X] Go at your own pace. See what there is along this path, you may find new flora and fauna samples.
>> No. 152334
[x] Go with Lunasa. She may have unanswered questions.
>> No. 152424
[X] Go with Lunasa. She may have unanswered questions.

>>152305
No, first are Patchwork and Glasnost.
>> No. 152564
[x] Go at your own pace. See what there is along this path, you may find new flora and fauna samples.

You'll explode if you touch anything, so don't go too fast.
>> No. 159026
File 13406747605.jpg - (99.16KB , 495x700 , tumblr_ls78iqFxXU1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg ) [iqdb]
159026
EXPECT UPDATES SOON.
AND HELL, MAYBE EVEN AT A RATE LIKE BEFORE.
>> No. 159119
Needs more Otomedius, I'd say.
>> No. 159136
>>159119
NO.

Otomedius is what ignorant people accuse touhou of being: A so-so game that uses cute girls to sell copies.