[Return]
Archived Thread

File 129210910239.jpg - (183.23KB , 800x600 , 5673309.jpg ) [iqdb]
131635 No. 131635
>>127312 Thread one
>>128033 Thread two
>>128606 Thread three
>>130017 Thread four

[x] Polite and mature conversation to fill the time until whatever's going to happen happens.

"Much as I appreciate your concern, miss. I must deny your generous offer."

"No."

Wait, what?
Murasa steps away from the edge of the platform, turns to face you and begins marching in your direction with her arms outstretched. You scramble backward toward the ladder, hoping to at least get some distance between you and her before she tosses you off into the woods or somesuch.

"Now just a minute! Shouldn't I get a say in whether or not I learn to fly right this minute!?"

"Fine. You get a vote, I get a vote, Nue gets a vote. 2 to 1, we win. Now quit whining and c'mere!" She grabs onto your ankles just as you reach the gap in the platform and grab onto the ladder, hanging onto it for dear life as Murasa tugs you back.

"I vote for not getting in trouble." Nue shouts, having never left her seat on the edge.

Both you and Murasa pause, and look over your shoulders at her.

""What?""

"I want to see the show, if something goes wrong, which it will, we'll be in trouble.
Again."

"Again? This has happened before?"

"Quiet!" With a tug, Murasa pulls you off of the ladder and drags you along the platform to Nue. "It'll be fine after the show though, right?"

"Sure, why not."
__________________

After your second attempt to escape her grasp, Murasa had demanded that you sit between her and Nue, 'For your own safety' naturally, you had disagreed, but she insisted.
With her fists.

"So...something about this reminds me of a question I had earlier."

Murasa grabs your head and ruffles your hair "Oh, silly, curious humans. Always asking questions. Go on then, ask and the mighty Minamitsu Murasa will answer!"

You turn to her and glare.

"Too much?"

"We have gone well beyond 'too much', that was painful."

"Fine. Ask the damn question then."

"Well...Now that I've met Minamitsu, that means I've met everyone here, right?"

"Yep." "Yeah."

"So...Unzan aside, since I'm not really even sure what he is, I'm the only man in the temple, aren't I?"

"Yep." "Yeah."

You look back and forth between Nue and Murasa, but neither seems too bothered by the idea.
"Doesn't that seem...weird?"

"Not really. I mean, when you think about it males of anything, but especially youkai are more likely to get in trouble. Things that get in trouble get killed. "

"Except for us."

"Right. Except for me and Nue. But that's only because we're smart enough to only get in trouble with people that won't kill us."

"Well, what about Yuuka?"

"What about her?"

"She picks fights with everyone, doesn't she? By your logic, wouldn't she be dead by now?"

"Na, before she came to Gensokyo I bet she was like us. Here though, almost nobody smart actually goes all nuts and lethal, since everyone else would gang up on em."

"Yet she gets away with it?"

"Favoritism, and...really, you just don't go near her and you're fine. Anybody she kills is considered too stupid to have lived long anyway."

You stare straight ahead, the mansion is still only illuminated by moonlight, nothing exciting happening whatsoever. Nue idly floats from her seat in front of you. "You're not still thinking of going to chat with her, are you?"

"I'm not thinking about it. If I'm told to, I will. Nothing more to it."

"That's stupid! You'll lose a limb, at best!"

"Hijiri doesn't strike me as the type to order me to do so if that were the case, I'm sure she'll have a plan of somesort."

She glances over her shoulder, looking at the mansion for a split moment before turning back to you. "Alright. Tell you what, I'll show you how stupid you're being, I've seen her do...stuff, I'll give you a little nightmare, then tomorrow you can decide whether it's still a good idea to piss her off."

"That doesn't sound like a good ide" "Either you let me show you what she's like, or you don't go at all. Orders or not I'm not allowing you to die just yet."


[] Fine by me (You're only saying yes to Nue's offer, not confirming that you'll be going after Yuuka)

[] No thanks

>> No. 131636
[x] Fine by me (You're only saying yes to Nue's offer, not confirming that you'll be going after Yuuka)
>> No. 131637
[x] No thanks

"Please Nue toy with my mind"

Yeah, let's not.
>> No. 131638
>>131637
Pretty sure she's serious about showing what Yuuka can do.
>> No. 131639
[x] Fine by me
hmmmmmm
>> No. 131640
[x]Fine, but after the event, and not in a high place, should I react badly to the nightmare.
>> No. 131641
[x] Fine by me (You're only saying yes to Nue's offer, not confirming that you'll be going after Yuuka)

This is a 'no threat of death' method of understanding what kind of world we are now in.
>> No. 131642
[x] Fine by me
>> No. 131644
[x] Fine by me

I hope this nightmare involves a meeting between Nue and Yuuka that scared the shit out of Nue.
>> No. 131645
[x] No thanks
Nope
>> No. 131646
[x] No thanks
Bad fucking idea Gentlemen.
>> No. 131647
[x] No thanks
>> No. 131648
[┼] Fine by me
-[┼] But after the show
-[┼] And I want your word that's ALL you will do

I think even Nue wouldn't want to risk any & all trust in her being lost.
>> No. 131649
>>131648

I think she would. No need to sage votes by the way.
>> No. 131650
[x] No thanks
>> No. 131664
[x] No thanks
>> No. 131667
>>131649
Why? She's been a perfect good girl since the talk.
>> No. 131668
[┼] Fine by me
-[┼] But after the show
-[┼] And I want your word that's ALL you will do
>> No. 131669
[x] Fine by me

Comeon it'll help us learn about Yuuka even more. Right now Knightanon is pretty much clueless as to how this version of Yuuka can be. It's especially important to understand how much of a overpowered batshit insane youkai if we're to even deal with her. To the No Thanks voters I ask you switch since it doesn't mean we will actually go. It's just to gain a better understanding of the region, something a new Gensokyo visitor needs.
>> No. 131673
File 129220155649.jpg - (430.72KB , 700x900 , 5a2996756548d8798df60b0f22237ba0.jpg ) [iqdb]
131673
[x] Fine by me

"Fine, but not here and not right now. Understood?"

"Well, yeah. I meant give you a nightmare tonight, I've still gotta watch the show after all."

"And nothing besides that!"

"Well, I can't guarantee you won't be having a nightmare all on your own~, but I'll be good."

"Ooh! It's starting!" Murasa jumps to her feet, and Nue floats up away from you as she turns back to the mansion.

You stand, straining your eyes to see whatever it is they're talking about. "Where?"

Murasa groans, "Right, human, pathetic eyesight. Hang on." She falls backward, vanishing into the platform below you. It takes only a small moment for her hand to reemerge, carrying something with it. After she's pulled herself out of the floor she shoves the object into your hands.

You examine it, a pair of tubes attached to one another by some small metallic bridge, you look it over a few times before Murasa groans loudly once again, slamming her palms against her face.

"This is fantastic. We're trusting him to guard the door. Great.

Before you have time to respond, she grabs the back of your head by your hair, pulling you into facing straight ahead, with her other hand she grabs onto the object, forcing it and your still attached hands toward your face. Hovering it in front of your eyes.
Through some reflection of the glass inside the tubes, your sight now extends far beyond the norm. Allowing you to see the mansion in clear detail.

"You could have just told me how it worked."

"Right. Remind me to tell you how to breath later, cause I know that's pretty complicated too."

"Second window on the left, third floor." Nue helpfully points out, following her instructions you note that several windows in the area are smashed, and soon enough you see why. A pair of figures, moving down the hallway, or more accurately: one figure dragging the second along, and periodically slamming their captive into a window, the floor, or the opposite wall.

"What...what are they doing!?"

"Fighting, it looks like."

"Well, yes but" You stop, seeing a new development. The aggressor stopped, and for a moment you'd thought she was about to chuck her captive clear out the window. But at the last moment, she wiggles free of the hold, It's only now as the captive stands that you recognize her blond hair, and the burning sword that has appeared in her hand.
"Flandre?!"

Even without looking you can feel and hear Nue jumping up and down, shouting: "Woo! Go little sister! Teach that bitch a lesson!"

Unaware of Flandre's escape, her captor completes the throwing motion, and in the frame of time it takes her to realize and attempt to defend herself, Flandre is already on her. She grabs the back of her enemies head and wrenches her to the ground. Obviously, you can't quite hear such a thing from this distance, but you can see the ground shatter underneath the impact.

"Ooh, that's gotta hurt." "Woo!"

"Who is that she's fighting?! Why are they fighting?!"

"You just said Flandre, right? So the other one is her sister. Remila."

You contemplate asking why again, but all too soon the action in front of you grabs your attention, Flandre grabs her sister by the head and begins spinning her round, one revolution, two revolutions, and before she completes the third she lets go, tossing her sister clear through the window and into the sky. You track Remilia through the air, but by the time you've caught up she's managed to halt herself, a pair of small bat-like wings emerge from her back, apparently keeping her aloft.

Remilia holds her arms out to each side, crimson lightning surges forth through her hands, before solidifying into a pair of spears. With speed that's impossible to track she hefts one over her head and chucks it toward the mansion, the only reason you're even able to tell that much about what she's done is her posture afterward, and a trail of crimson light that the spear has left behind.

She throws her head back, slapping the palm of her now free hand against her forehead as she, as far as you can tell, cackles.
You follow the trail back to the mansion, the impact of the spear has done a considerable amount of damage, leaving a massive gaping hole in its once elegant walls, beyond that however you can't tell anything. Dust kicked up from the spear has completely concealed the interior.

Half a moment passes, your breathing stops as you see the dust begin to settle. Flandre's very survival may be at stake!
The first thing you see is the outline of a figure, standing tall...taller than Flandre. A second appears, having apparently run into the area from somewhere else, but even through the dust you can tell this second person is too tall to be Flandre. So where is she?!

You backtrack to Remilia, hoping to gain some indication of where Flandre is, but she's still in the same spot, laughing. Having the time of her life while her sister is...blindsiding her with a punch!
Remilia goes crashing straight into the roof of the mansion, while Flandre floats in her place. You recognize enough of her posture to know she's giggling.

""HAH!"" You and Nue both shout at once. Out of curiosity you take what you guess will be a momentary pause to check the first hole in the wall, head in her palms and a gray haired woman shouting and screaming beside her, you can see Meiling...who is rather clearly not having the best of nights.
She looks up at some unknown stimulus, and begins following some object in the sky...right toward you.

You pull away the eye aide device just in time to see a bright red spear flying straight toward the temple, with Flandre impaled upon it. You prepare to duck, or seek some sort of cover, but the spear and Flandre are flying too quickly, you shield your eyes, ready for the inevitable.
A moment passes, far too long for the impact to have happened. You crack open an eyelid, to see Flandre floating in midair, a strange glowing wall between your group and her, apparently keeping her and the spear in place.
She pulls the spear free from herself and floats away, gasping for air.

"Oh god.." "Oh fuck."

"Fuck yeah!"
You turn to stare at Murasa. "What? It's a good fight!"

By the time you return your attention to Flandre, she's turned her attention to you. Pounding a fist against the glowing wall.

"Onii Chan! I need to ask a question! Lemme in!"

"Uh...Murasa? Nue? Any advice?"

"If tell her she can come in, the barrier will let her. And it won't be kicking her back out again."

"An apple a day keeps the doctor away."



How...incredibly helpful.

"Hurry! Before she figures out my turn isn't over yet!"

[] Do nothing

[] Let her in

[] Have her ask now.
While she's out and you're safe in.
>> No. 131674
[x] Let her in
Seems legit.
>> No. 131676
>>131673
>"If tell her she can come in,

uh...
"If we tell her she can come in"

My bad.
>> No. 131677
[x] Let her in.
- So long as she promises to always respect the sanctity of the Temple. Which means no violence in or around the Temple, now or in the future.

It's a temple of peace and we're a warrior/monk/doctor. We can hardly refuse those who seek either refuge or knowledge.
>> No. 131678
x] Let her in.
- So long as she promises to always respect the sanctity of the Temple. Which means no violence in or around the Temple, now or in the future.
>> No. 131679
[x] Let her in.
- So long as she promises to always respect the sanctity of the Temple. Which means no violence in or around the Temple, now or in the future.
>> No. 131680
[x] Have her ask now.
>> No. 131681
[x] Let her in.
- So long as she promises to always respect the sanctity of the Temple. Which means no violence in or around the Temple, now or in the future.
>> No. 131682
[x] Let her in.

I'm pretty sure she's coherent enough not to randomly smash everything in a fit of rage.
>> No. 131683
[┼] Let her in.
- So long as she promises to always respect the sanctity of the Temple. Which means no violence in or around the Temple, now or in the future.
>> No. 131684
[X] Let her in
>> No. 131685
[x] Let her in.
- So long as she promises to always respect the sanctity of the Temple. Which means no violence in or around the Temple, now or in the future.

You know we can't resist protecting poor little cute Flandre from her big and bad evil sister! Although, she could probably do a better job protecting than we can...
>> No. 131686
[x] Let her in

Remilia will probably notice while they're talking if a promise is demanded. And Flandre is too young/stupid/crazy to honor it anyway.
>> No. 131687
[x] Have her ask now.
Remember logic? It's that part of your brain that cries everytime you make a vote like this.
>> No. 131689
[x] Let her in
>> No. 131690
>>131687
We love Flandre and wish to welcome her in so we can shelter her from her mean sister.
>> No. 131691
>>131690
The mean sister she tossed out a window?
>> No. 131692
>>131691
I'm sure she deserved it.
>> No. 131693
File 129229836336.jpg - (80.50KB , 640x480 , 183bd951677aff2d1111206b237f69e1.jpg ) [iqdb]
131693
>>131687
She is just a cute little girl who does not want to be left all alone. What could possible go wrong?
>> No. 131694
[X] Have her ask now.
Let's hope she wants us to join her game, we can have a quick flight lesson AND have a rematch with her IN THE SKY!
>> No. 131695
>>131694
The game is "Take turns inflicting lethal to lesser beings levels of damage on one another"...something tells me Knightanon doesn't want to play.

Also; calling it for let her in.
>> No. 131708
File 129236990155.png - (663.79KB , 1400x900 , 94ef9befb42f4b16e7c1b6126b722acb.png ) [iqdb]
131708
[x] Let her in.

"Alright...uh, how do we...?" "Come on in." Murasa cuts you off, and immediately the barrier dissipates, allowing Flandre to fly in to the platform. "You just need to invite 'em in. Paper, words, any invitation works."
Flandre rushes toward you, and an uneasy feeling rises in your stomach. You push it down and make an effort to stand tall, straight, calm and confident. No fear.

"So, what can I do for you, my lady?"

"What's the best way to kill someone with a spear?"

"You mean...to kill someone that has a spear, or to use a spear on them?"

"The first one. My sister has a lot more practice fighting like this, so I was hoping you'd know something about it."

"Well, the idea of using a spear in a fight is range. The point is the most dangerous part, so either you stay far enough away that she can't attack and somehow fight from that range, or you get so close she can't use the point on you. She's throwing them though, so probably the latter."

"I've been doing that!"

"Yes, I saw. However, you also keep knocking her away from you, the longer she's at range, the more chances she has to..."
You point toward the hole in her clothes, left by the spear that had been piercing her not a moment ago

"Riiight, that." She plucks a thread from the tattered clothing, looking it over as she mutters "Good thing I'm indestructible."

"Indeed, and on that: You've both gotten hit because you took the time to laugh at the other."

"I can't laugh at her?"

"You can, just make sure you keep paying attention to what she's doing."

"Right. There was one other itsy bitsy thing though."

"What?"

"Wee~ll, she has two spears, I have one sword." She reaches out to your waist, drawing the sword on your belt out of its sheath "So I'm gonna borrow yours for a while."

You place a hand over hers, holding it in place. "I'm not so keen on that, milady. Given you and your sisters strength you're liable to destroy it if you do."

She tugs at the sword, pulling it free from your grasp easily, she looks up and gives you a smile, "Adorable as it is that you think I'm asking permission, I really have to get going, 'kay?"

That uneasy feeling rises again, you shoot a glance toward Nue and Murasa, who are standing to the side, acting as if nothing is wrong.
You clear your throat with a small cough. "Very well...but please, do try to bring it back."

"I promise I'll try, and if I break it I'll bring you a new one later.
A better one, even."

With that she turns away, crouching slightly as her 'wings' flutter. Without a word of warning she launches forth from the platform, passing through the barrier and off into the night.

With Flandre gone, Murasa and Nue retake their positions, to observe what happens in the fight next. You step forth to the edge as well, and Nue pats you on the back. "You're alive! Good job!"

"Thank...you?"

Murasa lets a small chuckle loose before stopping herself. "It's a compliment, knowing when to roll over and let the threatening Youkai take or do whatever she wants is an important skill around here."

____________________

Speeding along just above the ground, dodging left and right and around every tree.
It's not quite as if she particularly needs to dodge the trees, but the plan at the moment is to surprise her sister, and Remilia isn't the type to let a tree falling down go unnoticed.

She slows slightly, bringing an empty hand up near her face to get a look at what she's holding.
Seated within the center of her palm is the eye, his eye. She hadn't really meant to take it, if course. But sometimes these things happen on their own.
With a small puff of her breath the eye floats loosely into the air, returning to its owner almost immediately after leaving her.
With that out of the way, the girl turns her sight upward. Through the trees above she can see her sister, still floating above the courtyard of the mansion.

Payback time.
________________________________

The uneasy feeling rises up in your stomach a third time, you've felt similar before, during times of Dread or fear, but somehow...this feeling is more concrete, as though death were staring you right in the face.
Thankfully, before you can truly come to appreciate that statement it the feeling vanishes and shortly thereafter you see the glowing form of Flandre burst forth from the woods, charging toward her sister once again.

Even still, if you actually are somehow feeling sick, it might not be the best idea to remain so high up.

[] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[]Right to the fight
-[]Check on Meiling and her friend first

[] Head back downstairs to
-[] Sleep
-[] Check on Hijiri
-[] Check on Shou and Ichirin
>> No. 131709
[X]Check on Meiling and her friend first

But then

[X] Check on Shou and Ichirin
>> No. 131711
[] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[]Check on Meiling and her friend first
>> No. 131712
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Check on Meiling and her friend first

Two words: time hax.
>> No. 131713
File 129237562265.jpg - (211.20KB , 800x935 , d7982aebf41356716726117c40ab238a.jpg ) [iqdb]
131713
[x] Head back downstairs to
-[x] Check on Hijiri
Always the superior choice. But, would it be considered a heresy to god if we he were to believe in her too?
>> No. 131714
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Check on Meiling and her friend first
>> No. 131715
[x] Head back downstairs to
-[x] Check on Hijiri
>> No. 131716
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Right to the fight

You wouldn't just leave after helping her out, would you?
>> No. 131717
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Check on Meiling and her friend first

We can talk to Meiling again.

>>131713
When you say "believe" do you mean believe in her ideals about how youkai and humans should get along, or do you mean believe in the sense of worship/obsession like we do with celebrities? If it's worship, then yes I suspect that's heretical.

Personally it'd be better to ask someone who's a religious scholar, and a number of commentators seem to be knowledgeable about religion than the majority of us.
>> No. 131718
>her ideals about how youkai and humans should get along
This is what i meant. Sorry for not making it clear. Christianity is not my strong point so i am not sure if god would like it if he were to spread her believes and try to change how youkai and human interact.

Seeing how pious THP is i would not like to make him do something that a normal crusder would never do.
>> No. 131719
[x] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[x]Right to the fight

I want to see if Flandre uses that extra sword well. Hopefully she'll break it and bring back a kickass new sword.
>> No. 131720
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Right to the fight
>> No. 131721
>>131719
Where would she get one though?
Youmu?
>> No. 131723
1st Commandment : "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; you shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me, but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments."

We can believe in her ideals of peace, in herself as a person and in her goals, as they are worthy things to believe in and, even, are compatible with the teachings of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour. But we must never, ever fall to the worship of heathen gods, for they are mere idols, meant to lead astray men from the Light of God.

If we were, say, to adopt her beliefs about reincarnation or bend knee to any of the gods present in Gensokyo, that would be Apostasy, the renunciation of our Christian beliefs. Heresy would be to knowingly or unknowingly stray from the dogma of the Church while still believing ourselves to be in the right about our beliefs.

Although one could argue that simply paying respects to the heathen gods of Gensokyo would not be Apostasy so long as it did not go into outright worship, as they are beings of great power. But none of them is equal to the Lord our God, I AM THAT I AM.

Kneeling/Prostration is important to Abrahamic religions in prayer because it is a sign of fealty and adoration.

I'd be interested to see the first meeting of the Knight with any of the local gods. "False god."
Which makes the Knight even more awesome as most Legacy of Kain fans will probably read it in Kain's voice. Everyone must now read the Knight's lines in Kain's voice.
>> No. 131724
>Everyone must now read the Knight's lines in Kain's voice.

Opening motion to name Knightanon Raziel.
>> No. 131725
>>131723
>Everyone must now read the Knight's lines in Kain's voice.
As if I wasn't already.

[┼] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[┼]Right to the fight
>> No. 131726
>>131724
Motion totally seconded!

Innocent fact: In Judaic tradition, Raziel is the Archangel of Mysteries.
>> No. 131727
>>131724
I second said motion.
>> No. 131728
>>131721
Why would she need to leave SDM? Remilia might have something nice stashed away. At least, better than the trash Meiling hands out.
>> No. 131733
[x] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[x]Right to the fight

I shall third the motion.
>> No. 131734
>>131728
>Remilia might have something nice stashed away.
And that is the story of how Knightanon gained Excalibur.
>> No. 131736
Actually, rather than Raziel how would you feel about Ramiel?

Thunder of God, and guide for blessed souls to heaven.
>> No. 131737
File 12923967506.jpg - (56.59KB , 640x480 , 1287725933964.jpg ) [iqdb]
131737
>>131736
That works too. Can we shoot a giant laser at our foe(s) at some point in the future?
>> No. 131742
File 12924010231.jpg - (55.28KB , 800x600 , saber.jpg ) [iqdb]
131742
>>131734
Excalibur, if she has it and gives it to Knightanon, would probably put us right at home with the Touhous, in between the nearly blinding light it emits when unsheathed and the anime-esque energy blasts (seriously, Arthur kills 900 knights in a single blow in the final battle of one of the original versions of the tale, IIRC).

Pic related, the depiction of Excalibur is mostly accurate, as far as its abilities go (other than the whole invisibility thing, anyway). It's described as having a more ornate crossguard, though, and the abilities of the scabbard are somewhat exaggerated, as in the original tales, it simply prevented the wounds you recieved from bleeding.
>> No. 131758
Wouldn't gaining Excalibur mean a visit to The Lake? We'd fall in and sink like an armored knight.
>> No. 131759
>>131742
>>131758
You know Norse Mythology had a lot of swords too, right?
if they've got laevateinn and gungir sitting around the house surely they could part with Gram or Tyrfing.
>> No. 131761
>>131759

Aye. Not to mention, Gram is somewhat similar to Excalibur in terms of legends and myths as well.

Wait. And if Excalibur is the sword of the lake, what is the sword of the stone? Caliburn, right?
>> No. 131762
>>131759
I thought about that, but I'm a bit sick of Norse mythology after marathoning that Viking story. And we shouldn't wield pagan swords.
>> No. 131766
>>131762
Not much difference between Meiling's sword or a Norse one on that front.
>> No. 131768
>>131766

But Meiling's sword, as far as we know, was not consecrated under the name of a Heathen god. It was, for all intents and purposes, a regular sword.

Gram or Tyrfing, on the other hand, are definitely connected to Norse gods. Although then again, Excalibur is technically connected to the Fae...

>I'm the strongest fairy of the lake! Take this sword, you look weak enough to need it!
>> No. 131777
>>131762
Did you honestly say "pagan sword" with a straight face? I know people like to keep on promoting this crappy stereotype that knights would never, ever wield enemy swords because they were pagan or that their armor was so heavy they needed a winch to lift them in a horse's saddle, but those are stereotypes invented by the Victorians and Hollywood.

If it wasn't for the fact THP doesn't allow emoticons, I'd use one right now. "Pagan swords" really.
>> No. 131783
[x] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[x]Right to the fight
>> No. 131784
[x] Head back downstairs to
-[x] Check on Hijiri
>> No. 131792
>>131766
So, Raziel or Ramiel? I'm favourable to both, although I'd slightly prefer we keep the LOK reference.

I think the Knight's name should exist in a state of quantum flux between the two names. The Knight would become... Schrodinger's Knight, the Knight with No Name (until you observe it).
>> No. 131793
votes still pretty close, I'll give it till tomorrow before calling it.
>> No. 131795
>>131777
I'm talking about holy artifacts of a foreign faith here, not normal swords that happen to be wielded by a pagan. Cool rant though.
>> No. 131797
>>131795
Sorry about the rant, it's just that it sounded like you wanted Knightanon to be some sort of Lawful Stupid character who was so anal about things like ordinary weapons that even using a foreign weapon was some sort of blasphemy. Some of the previous posts in earlier threads made me think that if the "Crusades" were replaced with "D&D" and our knight was a "paladin" people would try to make him "Lawful Stupid" and such. I've read enough RPG forums to find a deep dislike of that character interpretation.
>> No. 131799
[x] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[x]Right to the fight
>> No. 131800
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Check on Meiling and her friend first
>> No. 131805
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Check on Meiling and her friend first
>> No. 131821
>>131761
Maybe, but with Excalibur, we'd be able to get at least two spell cards, which would probably called something like Sword Card: Blinding Light/Light of Thirty Torches, and Sword Card: Blow That Slew 900 Knights. Possibly some sort of defensive Scabbard Card, too, for the sheath.
>> No. 131836
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Check on Meiling and her friend first
>> No. 131837
[x] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight.
-[x] Right to the fight.

After being disarmed, we should keep an eye on our weapon.
>> No. 131842
File 129253593025.png - (816.37KB , 1500x1227 , 786768b613e9afbb9883b5ca02c8e53f.png ) [iqdb]
131842
[X] Disregard the feeling and continue watching the fight
-[X]Check on Meiling and her friend first

You pull the eyesight enhancing object Murasa had given you up, but before you go back to observing the fight you decide to quickly pass over the mansion to see how things are going for Meiling. Of course, the first place you look is the hole Remilia had made earlier, but with the dust settled and clear, it's easy to see that neither Meiling nor her friend is around anymore. You scan the rest of that hall, as well as the floor below, but there's no sign of either. It's only when you move toward the roof to check the second hole that you finally catch sight of them.

Meiling is sat near the edge of the roof, with her feet dangling freely and her arms wrapped around the woman sat in front of her, and her head resting on that womans back. It's clearly the same gray haired woman from before.
You're wondering just what it is they're doing like that when Meiling sits up, she glances to both sides, apparently searching for something or someone...her head turns in your direction, and her eyes lock onto you.
She raises a hand and points toward herself, then the girl, shakes her head and points toward the sky above with a nod.

You're not quite sure whether she's trying to tell you it's not what it looks like, or just that you should stop being nosy, but either way you comply and turn your gaze skyward.

_____________________

Remilia presses further with the spear, driving the remainder of the tip through Flandre's lower chest, with a yank upward she points it toward the sky, bringing her sister sliding down the remainder of its length under her own weight. A human would already be dead, along with most Youkai. However with the full moon powering her regenerative powers Flandre is already healing, which means to get Gungir back out, she'll have to tear herself open again. It's a good move toward getting her sister to surrender, and she's trying as hard as she ever has to keep her face from contorting into a wicked smile, but as always she's failing.

"Y-...you missed my heart, sis."

"Awfully gracious of me, wasn't it?"

She tosses the hilt away, it's all that remains of the sword she'd used during the clash. "Yeah, it was."

"I'm surprised that sword lasted as long as it did, you got it...three hundred years ago? Or was it four?"

"Four and a half, sis."

"You really should be more careful with your toys, Flandre. Swords like that don't grow on trees you know."

Flandre's hands clamp down onto Remilia's shoulders, but rather than attempt to push herself away, she draws closer. Part of Remilia wants to drop the spear and retreat, Flandre's turn isn't over yet, but once it is her revenge will come, she's compelled by her is curiosity to stay. After all, if she runs she may never learn what mad little plan has her sister concocted.

Flandre releases her grip, wraps her arms around her sisters back and pulls her into a hug. Were it not for the large spear impaling her, which is now shifted to the side, inflicting even further harm on her, it could almost be a tender moment.

"Wh- what are yo" "You know, sis. I got some advice a little while ago."
Flandre's hug tightens, Remilia releases her grip on the spear and puts all her strength into squirming free of her grasp.

"He said I should pay more attention to you, and looking at us now I think I agree."

"Is that so? Well, maybe you'd like to let go and we can talk all about it?"

"No, no. Let me finish. See, when you were laughing over the courtyard? You weren't paying attention.
Even now, you're not paying enough attention to your one and only little sister, are you?
Because if you were...you might have noticed it's our turn now."

Remilia freezes in place, her calm, confident expression is quickly taken over by abject horror.
"You didn't."

Flandre looks up at her sister, a warm, loving smile on her face. "We did~"

Remilia turns her head, just in time to catch a glimpse of laevatein, in a form large enough to have cut down a horse slices through her torso, cleaving both Remilia and Flandre's clone in two.
______________________

You slap a hand over your mouth and stumble backward from the edge, you'd been in battle before, and with that had seen the deaths of more than a few people. However there was still something extremely nauseating about seeing someones internal organs falling from their body, and yet more disturbing was that nobody, Murasa, Nue, Flandre or Remilia found it to be odd. Bracing against the mast of the temple while you calm down, you keep an eye on the far off figures of Flandre and her sister.
______________________


Clawing around at the bloody mess that had once been the connection between her torso and legs, trying desperately to keep at least some of her intestines in place , Remilia unleashes a torrent of curses at her sister.
"This will take all night to grow back! And this was my favorite dress!You could have at least left the dress alone, Flandre!"

"Yeah, yeah." "So, you're giving up then?"

"No, and get rid of that clone! It's creepy talking with a you that has no legs!"

"Look who's talki" Before it can finish, the Flandre vanishes in a burst of ash, which is quickly carried off by the wind.

"Not giving up, and it's still your turn....so, should I start with the left arm, or the right?"

"Well, I'm not giving up, but we do need to head back so I can get a new dress."

"Whatever you say, sis." Flandre puts an arm around her sister as they begin floating back toward the manor, supporting one another.

"Tonight was pretty fun, wasn't it?"

"Better than spending the night in the basement, at least. Though, there's something bothering me..."

"Hm?"

"What happened to that sword 'I' had?"
____________________

Thankfully, the contents of your stomach stay in place, despite the continued waves of nausea. With the fight apparently over Murasa and Nue launch into discussion, completely ignoring you.

"Alriiight little sister! I win!"

Murasa grumbles in response, pulling something out of her pocket and handing it to Nue, she steps off the edge of the platform and disappears below, mumbling something about needing a drink.

"Wait, you two...blech, you were betting on this?"

"We talked about it while you were chatting it up with little miss vampire. Why? Did you want in?"

"Not even remotely....where are they going?"

"Back home, I guess."

"What about my sword?!"

"Didn't you see? She broke it. Right near the start of round two."

"Ugh...of course she did. "

You begin the descent down toward the deck by ladder, and Nue floats alongside you, continuing the conversation.

"She said she'd get you a new one, right? So don't worry about it.
More important than that anyway is whether or not you drink."

"I think I'd be dead if I didn't drink, Nue."

"Not that! Alcohol! Beer! Sake! Wine! Murasa just lost some yen and a bottle of sake she's been saving, so once she digs it out it's party time!"

"Well..."

To drink, or not to drink?

[] Drink, drunk, drank

[] No drinking, because
-[] You'd rather get some sleep
-[] You'd rather stay sober
>> No. 131845
[X] Drink, drunk, drank

Not sure if we're forbidden from drinking.
>> No. 131846
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather stay sober
>> No. 131847
[x] Drink, drunk, drank
Dedicate this one to god.
>> No. 131848
[┼] Drink, drunk, drank

After all that he's been through I'm sure Knightanon could use a drink...or twelve.
>> No. 131849
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather stay sober

I think the knights thought it stunted growth of the mind and body. Not sure if they truly thought that way but im going for it.
>> No. 131850
>>131849
To be honest preservation and clean food and drink were important to a degree that might be hard to understand today. I can't speak for the Church's stance on it, but people at sea positively needed stuff like mead, because it was something they knew would never get them sick.
>> No. 131852
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather get some sleep

We're going to have a nightmare about Yuuka, remember? I really don't want to have a nightmare administered by a drunk Nue.
>> No. 131853
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather stay sober
>> No. 131854
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather get some sleep
>> No. 131856
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather stay sober
>> No. 131858
>>131849
People drank back them a lot more than we do today because water was often not clean. As such alcohol was about the only good thing to drink. I think children normally drank watered down alcohol.
>> No. 131859
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather stay sober

>Swords like that don't grow on trees you know."

Funny Remilia, Gram is the sword stuck from the tree in Norse myth. Not exactly grow from a tree but still..
>> No. 131867
>>131858

Correct. In addition, for the peasants, beer in itself was a meal. During the middle ages, beer was more soupy and was more of a grain stew then anything else. As a result, it was a cheap way of ingesting carbohydrates, something important for the physical labor the lower class had to do every day.
>> No. 131868
>>131867
Psh, I got a better one for you. One of the oldest clay tablets (around 3500 BC) found in Mesopotamia is a recipe for "liquid bread", beer.
>> No. 131869
>>131868

Oh yeah? Well, back in the Stone Age, cavemen made beer from yeast scraped off their groins and the grains they found in cave yak droppings!

I made that up
>> No. 131871
>>131859
That's the joke
>> No. 131872
>>131869
This historian would not be surprised if someone, somewhere, at not tried something exactly like that at least once.
>> No. 131873
[X] Drink, drunk, drank
A drunk knightnon with a drunk nue, what could possibly go wrong!
>> No. 131874
[X] Drink, drank, drunk

Good times.
>> No. 131875
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather stay sober

There's nothing wrong with drinking, but it's best not to drink until your drunk. From what I remember Christianity has no problem with alcohol, but feels it's best drunk in moderation.
>> No. 131876
[X] No drinking, because
-[X] You'd rather stay sober

He's still feeling queasy. Not much point to drinking if you're going to throw up.
>> No. 131877
>>131872

I'm fairly certain if they did, they regretted it as soon as they took the first sip.

Speaking of which, I wonder what Knightanon will do once he realizes all they have in Gensokyo is rice wine. Quiet despair, or will he take up the secondary trade of Gensokyo's first beer brewer?
>> No. 131878
>>131877
Pretty sure Gensokyo has more than rice wine. At the very least Yukari and those Outsiders who live in the Human village would brew more than just rice wine. Maybe right when Gensokyo was sealed would it only have rice wine.
>> No. 131879
[x] Drink, drunk, drank.
-[x] Don't forget moderation.
>> No. 131891
[x]>>131876

Good reasoning too.
>> No. 131896
[x] Drink, drunk, drank.
-[x] Don't forget moderation.

Loosen up without going ballistic.
>> No. 131924
[x] No drinking, because
[x] You'd rather stay sober
>> No. 131937
[x] Drink, drunk, drank.
-[x] Don't forget moderation.
>> No. 131986
Update delayed due to the draft.
Off to 'nam!
>> No. 132030
[x] Drink, drunk, drank
Probably didn't vote yet
>> No. 132057
File 129291069153.jpg - (215.24KB , 533x800 , 10627316.jpg ) [iqdb]
132057
[x] No drinking, because
-[x] You'd rather stay sober (Buzzkill.)

"A party would be fine, but I'm afraid I'm not in the best state at the moment, I don't think I could keep a drink down."

You head from the mast for the ladder down below, with Nue following along.

"If you're such a lightweight you just need to say so, nobody but me n' Murasa, will laugh at you."

"Nue, I will drink you under the table any other day, but watching a pair of girls carve each other up is just a bit more than my stomach can take."

"Whatever you say, knight boy."

_____________________________

Surprisingly Nue didn't follow you down, instead she veered off for the side of the ship and out of sight. More likely than not, since she's not bound to the ground as you are she's taking a shortcut. Which for the first time in quite a while leaves you well and truly alone, with only your memory of the Temples layout and the faint voices you can hear guiding you back to the others.
The voices aside, it's a quiet moment. Something of a rarity as of late, and a nice chance to reflect on all that's happened, and the people you've met.

The moment comes and goes as moments do, the voices grow louder, allowing you to recognize Hijiri, Shou and Murasa having a conversation, but for some reason, none of what they're saying makes any sense.
As you finally reach the room you can hear the voices from, you can confirm that everyone is speaking an entirely different language than they normally do, you can't understand a single wo "Hey."

You jump in surprise, spinning on the spot to face the originator of the voice, Nazrin.

"...Hello, Nazrin."

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing questionable, I assure you. I was just curious as to what language the others are using."

She tilts her head and cocks an eyebrow. "What?"

"I can't understand what they're saying."

A sigh, followed by palming her face. Even through her hand you can hear her muttering "Bishamonten...why do you test me like this?", before pushing past you and moving to enter the room. "Fine, if you feel the need to act like an idiot out here go right ahead."

It takes a moment for the situation to settle in, you've obviously done something to offend her, but what?
You push the thought out of your mind and follow, Nazrin takes a seat at Shou's side, on the reverse of the table sits Murasa and Hijiri, who is eating a plate of the food you'd had earlier. Worried about seeming rude you hesitate in taking a seat, but Hijiri motions for you to sit next to her. As you move to sit down you can see her raise an eyebrow.

"What happened to your sword?"

You glance down to your empty sheath, momentarily thrown off guard by the question. "Oh! Flandre...borrowed it."

"I see, then that was her at the barrier?"

From the other side of Hijiri you can hear Murasa. "Yeah, crazy kid cut her sister in half."

"Is that what this "show" was all about?"

"Yeah, even if I lost the bet it was pretty awesome."

"It was nauseating! They could have killed each other."

"Pfft, during a full moon? Not even if they tried."

"They did try! And then when it failed, they tried again!"

"Pansy~"

"Murasa, not at the table."
Having been silenced by Hijiri, you can hear a small grumble from Murasa. Apparently not wanting to push her luck any further than that, she stays quiet. In contrast to the silence of your side of the table, Shou and Nazrin carry a short conversation before rising to leave, with a nod to Hijiri and then to you, both stand and leave. With Nazrin shooting you a small glare as she walks toward the door.
________________________


A moment after you're sure they've both left earshot, you try to break the eerie silence. "I get the impression Nazrin is angry with me...but I'm not sure what I did."

"You recall the other day, the injury Shou sustained?"

"During our trip to the Kappa? Yes, she said it wasn't worth bothering."

"Indeed, and it wasn't. But Nazrin holds Shou in great regard, everyone else here works for me, but Nazrin works for Shou exclusively, and she misses no chance to remind me of that."

"So...even if Shou didn't worry over it, she's still angry because I didn't act to help her?"

"More likely than not, I'd imagine. But truth by told you'd have to ask her to confirm it."

"Not exactly a great start to a friendship..."

"It's not important. She'll forgive you, eventually."

"I hope so."

"Yes...forgive me for changing the topic so suddenly, but there were a few things I wanted to confirm with you, is that alright?"

"Of course, I am staying in your home after all. Anything I can help you with is fine."

"Good...good, I've heard you asked about Kazami Yuuka a few times tonight, were you still thinking about visiting her as a liaison?"

"Nue has suggested using her powers to give me a demonstration of what she's like, so I'm to wait until that's been done before giving an answer."

"Ah, fantastic. I'd intended to recommend much the same. Now, onto the next point: I've talked with some of the villagers about you...and...well, I suppose there's a question I need to ask.
Do you intend on returning home, whether it be as soon as possible, or the far future? At any point, would you want to try to go back to...Acre?"


[] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.

[] Eventually, but for the time being you're content, there's no rush to get back.

[] As soon as possible.

[] Write in
>> No. 132058
SUPER BONUS VOTE TIME

[] Raziel (Keeper of Secrets)

[] Ramiel (Thunder of God)

[] Knight with no name, Quantum Knight, Schroedinger's Knight, etc etc

[] Writefags choice
>> No. 132060
[x] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.

I'll think on the name.
>> No. 132061
[X] Raziel (Keeper of Secrets)

Samael is badass, Venom of God and shit, but Raziel is more badass and honestly sounds a little bit more like what knightnon would be named. Like the difference between Michael and Lucifer - might name your kid the former, (hopefully) not the latter, even though they were both angels.

Just fyi though, if being Raziel turns us into vampires, we better get the Soul Reaver real fast to make up for it.

just sayin'
>> No. 132062
>>132061
Coincidentally, I was thinking of writing a Soul Reaver CYOA, though I'm kinda stumped at the moment for how I want Raziel to enter Gensokyo...
Anyway...
[x] Write-fags choice
>> No. 132064
[x] Raziel (Keeper of Secrets)

Raziel is the obvious choice. The Knight will of course have to begin to replicate Raziel's dry wit and sarcasm.

If God appears/speaks/does anything directly, I'll have to restrain myself from reading his lines in Tony Jay's voice. Alternating with Morgan Freeman's voice, of course.

For the choice:
[X] Write in
"Quite honestly, no. Acre was lost before the siege even started. Our defence of the city and citadel was a rearguard covering the evacuation of our funds, equipment, supplies and archives to Cyprus. It was effectively a suicide mission to buy time for the rest of the Orders, everyone who stayed knew that. I knew that. I chose to sell my life dearly to allow my brothers to escape and I do not regret my decision, then or now. The city is lost to Christendom now, to return there would be foolish in the extreme.

Which brings the second reason I would rather stay for now. I should have died at Acre, I know that. I've seen enough death, both on the battlefield and in the hospitals to know what death looks and feels like, and Azrael was hovering over my body as my consciousness faded. The Lord gave me a second chance. To whatever end, I cannot say, nor is it my presumption to try, but I would wager that I am needed here for now.

Eventually, of course, I would like to return home and see again my homelands of *insert country of origin and place of birth*. But for now, I should try to find out what is the mission the Lord has set for me by bringing me here. My oath of service can only be ended by my death."

N.B.: The Knight seems to me a bit queasy for an Hospitalier. These guys are trained soldiers *and* doctors that live in the Classical Middle Ages. For them, death is an omnipresent reality and the lucky ones get a somewhat dignified corpse to present at the funeral. Life's cheap for most Medieval Europeans, and it's only going to get worst with the succession of catastrophic harvests during the 14th century and, of course, the Black Death.

After the first few dozen or so guys with gangrenous limbs to be amputated, the sight of someone getting cut in half loses its impact (in part because you know you can't do shit for him and other people need help). More so when battlefield injuries like getting disembowelled or having an eye torn out (or half torn out, even worst because you get to finish the job) are what Hospitaliers considered the bread and butter of their medical practices (and you don't have a single anaesthetic to go around except for wine. Which means the patient is almost always conscious enough to wail like one of the damned while you sew him up).

I'm not a doctor, but I've been to my share of hospitals, often in the ER or Intensive Care units and I know you can get used to the smell and sight of a butchered up human body. The smell is the worst part, really.
>> No. 132065
[x] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.

Isn't Gensokyo close to what he would think of heaven? If you overlook the youkai who want to eat him and other dangerous things but we will take care of that problem soon i think.

[x] >>132064 and whatever you can use of this but minus the i would like to go.

He seemed to me as someone who is tired of fighting after spent a lifetime fighting. Either the Order is his life or he just has nothing to return to. I see it that he spent his life fighting for the lord and now gets his reward for doing so. A new beginning, a second chance chance in his life with new friends, a wife and maybe spread his believe and help people in need. But this time without killing.
>> No. 132066
[x] He seemed to me as someone who is tired of fighting after spent a lifetime fighting. Either the Order is his life or he just has nothing to return to. I see it that he spent his life fighting for the lord and now gets his reward for doing so. A new beginning, a second chance chance in his life with new friends, a wife and maybe spread his believe and help people in need. But this time without killing.

STEALING THAT SHIT SHAMELESSLY.
>> No. 132067
[x] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.

[x] Raziel (Keeper of Secrets)

Hope we don't run into any people with a penchant for speeches or wavy blades since those tend to lower ones life expectancy
>> No. 132068
[X] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.
>> No. 132070
[┼] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.

[┼] Raziel (Keeper of Secrets)
>> No. 132072
>>132057
This write-in:
>>132064
>> No. 132076
[x] Raziel

[x] Stay here, for now. The Lord brought him here for a reason.


>>132064
In this case it might not be the sight of blood and guts specifically that made him queasy. I'm thinking it was more the way it was two little girls, sisters, gleefully dismembering each other while his hosts take bets on who would win.
Even to someone used to battlefield injuries, that just goes one step further.
>> No. 132079
>>132076
>I'm thinking it was more the way it was two little girls, sisters, gleefully dismembering each other while his hosts take bets on who would win

This and having his weakest point in the hands of one of said little girls, yeah.
>> No. 132089
[x] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.
[x] Raziel (Keeper of Secrets)

>>132064
This to though if possibile, since the write-in is good so maybe you could incorperate it in the choice and all.
>> No. 132094
[x] >>132064

Hijiri would have asked Knight if we hadn't accepted Nue's offer? I'm halfway tempted to try ignoring the plot hook just to see what happens.
>> No. 132102
>>132094
What?
>> No. 132109
>>132102
>"Nue has suggested using her powers to give me a demonstration of what she's like, so I'm to wait until that's been done before giving an answer."
>"Ah, fantastic. I'd intended to recommend much the same
I'm saying I want Knight to chicken out and not visit Yuuka.
>> No. 132114
>>132109
As getting off on the wrong foot with Yuuka tends to massively shorten your lifespan.
>> No. 132115
>>132114
One of the nice things about being a zealot: There's no reason to fear death.
>> No. 132120
[x] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.

[x] Raziel (Keeper of Secrets)

I think Hijiri's question wasn't whether we wanted to return to Acre specifically, but whether we wanted to return to our world at all. I'll still stick with this vote though.
>> No. 132124
>>132120
>I think Hijiri's question wasn't whether we wanted to return to Acre specifically, but whether we wanted to return to our world at all. I'll still stick with this vote though.

Makes sense, without being fully appraised of the situation she might think Acre is a fondly remembered paradise of happy times.
>> No. 132129
>>132079
Attenuating circumstances, yes. At least he didn't vomit.

>>132124
My response takes into account a great deal of things, including Hijiri's assumption concerning Acre, which is why it is in three parts. First explaining why he does not wish to return to Acre and then why he feels he must stay. The most important part, appropriately, is also the smallest.

>> "[...]My oath of service can only be ended by my death."

Oaths are powerful things in Medieval society. The Knight/Raziel swore to serve the Lord till the end of his life. He did not die at Acre. That he still breathes, eats, aches and bleeds proves that he is alive. And thus, his oath remains unbroken and his service to God continues. His presence in Gensokyo must be (talking in the Knight's probable point of view here.) a result of God's will. The Lord wishes for the Knight to do or witness *something* in Gensokyo, the repercussions of which are important for the Lord's great plan.

That said, the Knight would most likely not have found or sought peace if he had escaped Acre with the rest of the Hospitaliers. His oath binds him to fighting the Muslims as well. He would have fought across the Mediterranean against the Ottomans and the Barbary Pirates, fighting to protect Christian trade ships from Muslim pirates... and pillaging Muslim trade ships at the same time. Recall what I said earlier about the Knights of St. John becoming the boogiemen of the Eastern Mediterranean
>> No. 132130
Maybe he should just die...
>> No. 132132
>>132130
What makes you say that, if I might ask?
>> No. 132135
[X] >>132064
Votan for this write in

Also [X] Raziel
>> No. 132136
[x] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.
Where's the fun in going back? It'd be fun if going back won though
[x] Writefags choice
Your story, your name.
>> No. 132206
File 129316490586.jpg - (318.15KB , 1000x1376 , Making a write in for Hijiri wearing a bikini will.jpg ) [iqdb]
132206
[x] Not really, if you'd survived the battle you'd have tried to avoid fighting anyway, while it's not what you'd expected, your Lord has provided a place to live in relative peace.

"Do you intend on returning home, whether it be as soon as possible, or the far future? At any point, would you want to try to go back to...Acre?"

"Truth be told...No, I don't. There are people and places I'll miss, but to be honest Acre itself was lost before the battle even began."

"Well, the question was less abo" "Yes, I understand that." You interject. "But it's important to mention Acre, because I stood on that wall without hope of survival, let alone victory. Each and every one of us swore an oath to give our lives for our Lord, and standing there, on that wall, I feel was my fulfillment of that oath. There's no two ways about it, Hijiri. I had intended to, and by all counts should have died there, but instead I awoke in a land far displaced from my own. The best, or even the only cause I can think of is that I'm here to perform some task for my Lord."

"Even though you've fulfilled your oath, you're going to stay because it's what he would want?"

"That would be the romantic way of putting it, but really? I don't particularly want to go back at the moment, even if I did, and could get back, I don't think I'd be doing as much good as I could here...Not to mention if I were to return now, find a way to escape Acre and get back to the hospitallier, to them I would have been left in the city claiming to be ready to fight to the death, and then reappeared, alone and in a safe place. I can't imagine them seeing my survival as anything other than cowardice."

She places her utensils onto her plate, and pushes it away. Turning her full attention toward you.
"I'm glad you've found peace with this change...more-so because of what I have to tell you now."

"What?"

"You came here from Acre...during a siege,In the year 1291 AD, correct?"


"...That's correct, has there been some news of it?"

"Something of that sort.
Of the people I spoke with earlier, one in particular, upon seeing you grew curious. He inquired as to your origin, and thinking he was somehow related to you, I had answered his questions as best I was able.
He explained that he, like you was an outsider. He lived in a region of the world that was apparently close enough for him to be familiar with your Acre, and your order."

"...What of it then? Of course, Acre will have fallen. But did the order escape?"

"That's of lesser importan" Byakuren is cut off as you rise from your seat, the emotions stirred up by speaking of the battle turn to rage as her disregard for your comrades fate. "Lesser?! How could it be?! What could you possibly have learned that would be more important than whether or not their sacrifice was meaningful?!"

"Please, I understand this is difficult, but you need to listen. The siege of Acre took place in Twelve ninety-one. . The gentlemen I spoke with arrived in Gensokyo four years ago."

"...But you said he knew!"

"He does, and he knows because his last day before arriving in Gensokyo was in the year two thousand five, AD. The details of your battle were recorded in a book of history he read."

A deep silence settles into the room, you and Hijiri's eyes are locked onto one another, but in truth you're barely aware of her existence anymore.
Two thousand and five, compared to twelve ninety one...over seven hundred years. How many generations? Lifetimes? What in gods name have you missed?!
Worse still, how are you even alive? It's not...normal!

"Two....thousand?" You finally manage to mutter.

"As of four years ago, so it would be two thousand and nine."

"That can't be right! That's impossible! That would be..." Everyone, everything you've known in your life before, gone! She knows this, yet she's practically emotionless!

Hijiri rises from her seat, her voice calm as ever. "Seven hundred and eighteen years, and it is less than impossible for you to have lived that long."

You can't control yourself any longer, you shout. "How?!"

"In your case, I do not know. There are a few methods, stasis, rejuvenation, immortality, perhaps you were sent through a portal in time."

"Which!? Who could have...why!?"

She places her hands on your shoulders, and pulls into an embrace. Before you can object she speaks "Calm. Down."

Strangely, her words seem to help you do just that. Your breathing slows, and your rage slips away within an instant.
She release you, stepping back with a warm smile on her face. "Better?"

You blink a few times, glance down at yourself and think for a moment. Sure enough, you feel much better now. You really will have to find out how she does that at some stage or another, but for now you continue the conversation. "Yes, I suppose."

"Good. In order, then. I do not know, I do not know, and I do not know."

"Then...aside from the possibility that, for whatever reason he may have had, God has sent me into the future. We have no clue as to why I am here or what I'm meant to be doing?"

"More or less, I'm afraid."
You rub your forehead, trying to process what other possibilities might exist, or what wrongs may need righting within Gensokyo. There's the obvious possibility that you're meant to bring the word of the Lord here, but why you? Surely there were others in the order more experienced in conversion, more learned in the scriptures. Your combat abilities? There were those stronger as well, and more likely than not some who were both. Calm as you are, and with all of this on your mind, there's another prevalent thought.

"Seven hundred and eighteen years...that would make me..."

"I have a guess at what you're thinking, but trust me. You're human. I can confirm that, and even if I haven't known you long I can confirm from your actions that you're a good person, deserving of my trust. It's why I'm letting you stay here, after all."

"...Thank you...I hope I'll live up to your expectations, Hijiri."

"No need to worry about that, I'm sure."

"....If you don't mind offering counsel, what do you think I should do?"

"From my perspective? Your type of situation offers two possibilities. Either you wait for a sign from your God as to what course you take, or you seek out the purpose in your being here yourself. If I were permitted to go further, a good place to start might be where you arrived. How you got here from there, and through time might offer some insight."

"Did you have something in mind?"

"There's a few spells I know of that would be able to detect the use of magic. At the least, we may be able to eliminate a few of the possibilities. We could go tomorrow, use the map to backtrack to where you came through into Gensokyo, and see what we can find. Does that sound acceptable?"


[] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.

[] Let whatever God has planned run its course, your purpose will reveal itself with time.

[] It's a pretty big decision, you'd better wait until after you've had a good nights rest to pick.
>> No. 132208
[┼] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
Being a bit proactive couldn't hurt.
>> No. 132209
[X] It's a pretty big decision, you'd better wait until after you've had a good nights rest to pick.
[X] Pray to God for the sake of your long-many-times-over-dead comrade's souls/guidance.

After receiving that shocker, Knightanon (seriously, did we ever pick a name for him?) would want to sleep and calm himself (inb4 nightmare-Nue) And being the pious knight that he is, I don't doubt that he would want to pray not only for his lost soul, but for the passing of his comrades, the men he fought and died with. Its what any military man would do.
>> No. 132210
>or you seek out the purpose in your being here yourself

[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
This does not mean we don't wait for a sign from god what do. We will find out the purpose ourself.
>> No. 132212
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
[x] Pray for the fallen
[x] Brace for Nuemare~

No point in sitting around when there are still potential leads to be taken, sitting around dwelling on the past won't do much good.
>> No. 132213
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
>> No. 132214
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
Just that.
>> No. 132217
[X] Let whatever God has planned run its course, your purpose will reveal itself with time.
>> No. 132219
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
[x] Pray for the fallen.
>> No. 132221
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
[x] Pray for the fallen
[x] Brace for Nuemare~
Sure
>> No. 132223
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
[x] Pray for the fallen
[x] Brace for Nuemare~

God helps those who help themselves.
>> No. 132229
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
>> No. 132234
[X] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
[X] Pray for the fallen.
[X] Brace for Nuemare~.
>> No. 132235
[x] It's a pretty big decision, you'd better wait until after you've had a good nights rest to pick.

We can do the search later. Right now, Yuuka dream and Yuuka visiting.
>> No. 132238
[X] Let whatever God has planned run its course, your purpose will reveal itself with time.

Come on Karesh, send Sariel in! Release her from her reincarnated fairy form, and spread death, destruction, chaos and plague upon the heretics!
DO IT.
That and her death powers would prove most useful against a certain Youkai...
I mean who wouldn't want to drop the ten plagues on her field?
>> No. 132239
>>132238
Those of us who like Yuuka?
>> No. 132341
When comparing several different algorithms for choosing conflict over cooperation, the most successful ones were those which reciprocated their partner's behavior, but which initially opted to cooperate, avoiding the Prisoner's Dilemma.

Why be hostile to Yuuka when we haven't had our nightmare yet?
>> No. 132344
File 129335033045.jpg - (199.12KB , 1000x1402 , fadd6d39964b92b1b02a2ce71c033c4d.jpg ) [iqdb]
132344
I hope you all got your presents.
>> No. 132428
This is proving to be a fairly long update, since there's really no cut off between the end of the conversation, going to sleep and Nuemare time. Not to mention my power supply is being...testy.

Would you guys want me to post the update in sections, or just keep what I've got until it's all done?
>> No. 132431
>>132428
Whatever you feel is best. Both offer advantages, the situation will dictate your decision.
>> No. 132434
>Nuemare time.
Strangely arousing.
Post the whole thing once you are done.
>> No. 132498
>>132428
All at once.

I want moar Nue.
>> No. 132582
Nue fuck! Nue fuck! It's awwwright!
>> No. 132623
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
[x] Pray for the fallen
[x] Brace for Nuemare~
>> No. 132624
[x] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.
[x] Pray for the fallen
[x] Brace for Nuemare~
>> No. 132639
File 129411015610.jpg - (198.30KB , 725x1000 , 9fe07032dad10cb814f68504b3fe1969.jpg ) [iqdb]
132639
>>132582
Nue need love too.
>> No. 132752
File 129428659917.jpg - (925.71KB , 1000x779 , e8084023899bac95361fca528e30c8ea.jpg ) [iqdb]
132752
[X] Go with Hijiri to search tomorrow.


"I appreciate the thought, but I wouldn't want to be any more of a bother than I already am."

"Nonsense, it's no trouble whatsoever."

You feel somewhat apprehensive about dragging Hijiri and the others into your problems, but something about her expression says that she won't be taking no for an answer.

"If you're sure...but I don't know what I'd be able to do to repay you."

"We're comrades now, Raziel. You don't need to repay me for a favor like this."

"...Then at the least, let me promise that if you ever need anything, I'll do my best to help."

"I have no doubt you will, but for now I'm afraid things are rather peaceful in Gensokyo. You may have to wait a bit for your chance to save the day."

"I think I'm rather okay with that."

She lets out a light chuckle, then gestures toward the door. "Come, I'll show you your room."

"I think I can find it, I've been there a few times already after all."

"That was a guest room, since you'll be staying here for the foreseeable future, we've prepared a more permanent one."
_________________

Moments later, a short walk from the room and up a small staircase you hadn't been aware of before, you arrive on a new floor, which brings up a question you'd had in mind since you had grasped the scope of the temples size.

"Hijiri, if you don't mind my asking, why do you need such a large...home? Temple? Ship? There's only six people living here, aren't there?"

"Seven now, and we often host guests that are too far from home, or injured. However, you're right. Before all of this, the ship had a far larger crew. Some of which would be too large to fit on a normal one."

You wonder to yourself whether you should ask where the rest of the crew might have gone, but before you get the chance Hijiri stops at a door, opening it and gesturing for you to go inside.

The interior is in a word, simple. Slightly larger than the previous room you'd had, and with actual furniture. A cupboard for clothes pushed against a wall, a desk and accompanying chair on the far side, which stands next to a mattress, and a lamp seated upon the desk. The lamp remains unlit, and instead all that you can see is illuminated by moonlight from a window leading outside.

"If you don't mind my asking...are there clothes in that?"

"We'll have to get you some properly fitting clothes later, but for the time being we did have a few extra outfits that we thought would fit. Is the room big enough? We've got larger if you'd feel uncomfortable."

"No, no! This is great!"

"Then I shall be retiring for the night, do try and get at least some sleep once you've finished your business with Nue, okay?"

"Absolutely, Ma'am."
__________________

For perhaps an hour, you wander the room, from the chair, window, sitting against a wall, before finally settling into the bed. You lie awake, alternating between prayer and recounting memories of your life up till now, and even though for every memory that you can count as bad is accompanied by the good, both haunt you with the knowledge that every single place, thing and person you can recall is gone.
_________


Time passes without anything to track it by you're unsure of how much, and sleep does not come easily. An endless cycle of memories come to you in your dreams, and as each memory passes by, it brings up another. each person accompanied by those you met through them, and each place leading to wherever you went afterward. The flurry of one thought to the next is actually causing a headache, eventually, having reached your limit you sit up and clutch your forehead, clearing your mind as best you can, otherwise you feel you may never be able to get a restful sleep.

You crack your eyes open, vision blurred, but even with your sight unfocused the thing in front of you is clear enough to see.
A pair of red eyes, staring straight at you from the foot of your bed.

"...Nue?"

"Yeeees~?"

"What are you doing?"

"Waiting for you to fall asleep."

It's likely that if you were thinking more clearly you'd have some sort of response to that assertion. Yet in your current state it seems perfectly logical for her to have done so. If not a tad bit annoying.

"Well...I doubt I'll be getting to sleep anytime soon now."

Even without being able to truly see Nue at the moment, you can tell her head is tilting by the movement of her eyes. "Why?"

"I have quite a lot on my mind...between that and your startling me, I'm wide awake now."

"Well, that sucks."

You bite back the urge to launch into a lecture about Nue's conduct, and with your continued silence the room settles into an awkward quiet, as you and her stare each other down. Your eyes adjust to the darkness, allowing you to see her as she turns away, staring toward something near the door.

"Hm..."

"What?"

"Just wondering what that is."

You follow her gaze, taking your eyes off Nue only for a moment to confirm nothings there, but by the time you turn back to her, she's gone.

"What the"

_____________

Lying on your back, the sun beating down from on high, you sit up with a groan and take a look around. You're in the center of an open, and entirely unfamiliar field.
Indeed, all around you seems to be nothing but flatland, grass, and flowers. There's no sign of anyone, or anything really eye catching no matter how far out you look.
'How on Earth did I get here?' is all that really comes to mind, you take a better look around from your seated position, no landmarks, no signs of life save for the plants, nothing.
Which makes it all the more surprising, as you turn to face straight ahead, that Nue is now sitting directly in front of you, staring off into the distance.

The realization sets in quickly, the room, Nue's sudden arrival, and then nothing.

"Nue!"

She whirls around, obviously shocked. "Oh, that's good timing! You're...uh...well, I don't know if you're technically awake, but you know what I mean."

"No, I don't'! Where are we?! What did you do?!"

"In your dream, stupid! I put you to sleep!"

"How?!"

"Well, with an attitude like that maybe I'll just start things up without a fair warning."

"Answer me, Nue. What did you do?"

"That's a minor issue, what you really should be asking is 'What am I sitting on?'"

"What am I..." You look down, pushing yourself up slightly to get a glimpse at whatever she's referring to.
A single flower, crushed and torn to pieces under your weight and movements.

You pluck it from the ground, turning it over in your fingers, and as you do so the last of its remaining petals fall loose, leaving only the stem. You look up and see Nue has vanished, before you can think on where she could have gotten to so quickly, a sudden absence of light as someone else's shadow is cast over you, and a light tap on your shoulder draws your attention to your back.

"Excuse me."

"Yes?" You respond without thinking as you turn toward the voice, and are greeted by a tall woman, she leans over toward you as she slings her closed parasol over her shoulder. With her eyes closed you can't discern their color, however her green hair makes it more than clear that she's less than normal.

"What's that you have in your hand there?" Her face holds a small, content smile as she awaits your answer.


You look toward your hand, the stem and petals of the dead flower still seated your open palm, and as you stare at one petal in particular which catches your eye, A terrible realization sets in, and your eyes widen in fear. Memories of your conversation with Nue, the promise you'd made, and the title of Yuuka Kazami reenter your mind.
The Youkai of Flowers.
One of which, you just sat on.

[] Apologize immediately
-[] "It wasn't my fault"
-[] "It was an accident"
-[] Write in

[] Run

[] Hey, fuck it. It's a dream. Who cares.
>> No. 132753
>>132752
I'm really sorry about the large delay there guys, something about the holidays seems to have really killed my ability to sit down and focus for more than five minutes.
>> No. 132755
[x] Apologize immediately
-[x] "It was an accident"

I'd try to come up with something to defuse the situation, but I get the feeling she's not really listening either way~

That, and I rather doubt running is going to do much good.

(As for "it's only a dream", best act out the part anyways. It's what he's here for, after all)
>> No. 132759
[x] Apologize immediately
-[x] "It was an accident"

Here comes the pain.
>> No. 132760
File 129429007378.png - (394.32KB , 800x840 , 05921f5d5cf9be2d1078c8d6b8d3dd56.png ) [iqdb]
132760
[x] Apologize immediately
-[x] "It was an accident"


Perfect time for an epic write-in, but it won't come from me.
"It's not my fault" will only piss her more, and "It's just a dream"...
To be short, it's not Do the Right Thing. KnightAnon can die.

And Nue is love.
>> No. 132761
[x] "A flower."

No apologies. No excuses. Simply answer her questions as truthfully as possible.
>> No. 132765
>>132760 here.
Changing my vote to:
[x] "A flower."
>> No. 132766
[x] Apologize immediately
-[x] "It was an accident"
>> No. 132768
[x] "A flower."
>> No. 132769
[x] "A flower."

That it is.
>> No. 132770
[x] "A flower."
I do want to see yuuka brutally murder us by making plants grow under our flesh as well!
>> No. 132771
[x] "A flower."
>> No. 132773
Not that this choice matters much anyway. The entire point of the dream sequence is to experience brutal yuuka murder, so it will come to that one way or another.
>> No. 132774
[x] "A flower."
[x] Apologize
>> No. 132776
[x] "A flower."
>> No. 132778
[x] "A flower."
Well, allright.
>> No. 132781
[x] "A flower."
>> No. 132782
[x] Apologize immediately for the flower
>> No. 132785
>>132781
Cocky, scared shitless, mocking, dumb,...
Just a few states of mind one might say that in. NOT a good vote.

That being said, I have no idea what to vote for...
>>132773
Is it though? With a proper write-in we might actually find a way to communicate with her without her breaking our limbs first.
>> No. 132790
[x]A Crateva religiosa, a flower from the so-called spider tree. Native to Japan, Australia and Southest Asia. I was just admiring the beauty of one of the most perfect flowers in the world.
>> No. 132791
[x]A Crateva religiosa, a flower from the so-called spider tree. Native to Japan, Australia and Southest Asia. I was just admiring the beauty of one of the most perfect flowers in the world.
Good work anon! I'm proud of you.
Now let's hope this shit flies.
>> No. 132792
Nice pick by the way.
>> No. 132793
File 129435300587.png - (115.77KB , 307x444 , 1269571210735.png ) [iqdb]
132793
>>132790
>>132791
>Crusader Knight
>Familiar with a flower found in the pacific region
>Knows what fucking Australia is
>> No. 132795
>>132793
Collective unconsciousness did it. Or Nue. Either explains the oversight.
>> No. 132802
>>132791
Modifying to account for original mental concepts and reference points. Also modifying to fix plot hole.

[x]A Crateva religiosa, a flower from the so-called spider tree. Native to the lands beyond those of the Saracens and far away Chin. I saw but once a drawing of it, copied itself from a Chinese scroll by a Byzantine merchant who had ventured to the East into Chin. It was called "one of the most perfect flowers of God's Creation" by said merchant, who lamented that he could not have brought any back with him on his voyage home along side the spices.

Remember, it's 1291. The Byzantine Empire still struggles on, and they had commercial contacts with the Chinese. By which I mean the Byzantines stole several silk worms and brought them back alive to Constantinople, to the fury of the Chinese who suddenly saw their near monopoly on silk threatened.
>> No. 132803
>>132793
Does it matter? It could be any other flower and the result would be the same.
>> No. 132804
[X] If it's a dream, I can do whatever I want.
[X] Attack
>> No. 132805
>>132802
I vote this.


[x]A Crateva religiosa, a flower from the so-called spider tree. Native to the lands beyond those of the Saracens and far away Chin. I saw but once a drawing of it, copied itself from a Chinese scroll by a Byzantine merchant who had ventured to the East into Chin. It was called "one of the most perfect flowers of God's Creation" by said merchant, who lamented that he could not have brought any back with him on his voyage home along side the spices.

Seriously.
>> No. 132810
>>132802
I wonder if this would break Nue's script.

I really want to find out now.

[x] That.
>> No. 132824
[x]>>132802
I love you. Not gay.
>> No. 132840
>>132802
What was China called during this time? I ask that because I remember reading somewhere that the Chinese were called "Celestials".
>> No. 132846
Calling it for

[x] "A flower."
>> No. 132851
>>132846
Guess we ran out of time.
>> No. 132859
>>132840
The Romans refered to the Chinese as "Seres" or "Silk-People" in their texts. It seems likely that this terminology would have perdured thanks to reliance on ancient texts. However, it is equally likely that the "greater" contacts between Constantinople and her Chinese counterparts would allow the terminology of Empire of the Chin/Qin to be allowed.

Interestingly enough, the Chinese used, under the Han dynasty, to refer to the Roman Empire as "Da Qin" : Greater China. Read W.Scheidel "Rome and China: Comparative Perspectives on Ancient World Empires" (2009) for more details. It seems to me very interesting that the Empire of the Middle would have admitted to being second to another. As a staunch Romanist, I must admit a measure of pride in Rome being recognized as greater by the only Empire to ever rival the glory of Rome.
>> No. 132971
As a pathetic counterbalance to the good fortune I have in life I've gotten sick. Depending on how I feel later I might be able to finish the update later tonight, but right now I'm just gonna go lie down.
>> No. 132973
Get well soon.
>> No. 132975
Get well soon deserves a bump.
>> No. 133141
>>132859
You're serious? I've always read that China had a superiority problem and thought everyone else were barbarians compared to them. Look at how the Qing dynasty treated the European powers that were courting it in the mid-1700s.
>> No. 133146
>>133141
Like I said, apparently the two Han dynasties from c.a 230 BC to 250 AD did refer to the Roman Empire as Da Qin. I've not seen, nor read the scrolls bearing those references, but Mr. Scheidel is a conscientious researcher and scholar and thus I have no problem believing his words have basis in reality.

If I recall correctly, the Qing dynasty was the Manchu dynasty that ended in at the beginning of the 20th century, correct? Anyhow, it is not surprising that arrogance and corruption flowed thick in an Empire with such an ancient and continuous bureaucratic tradition, a tradition that continued almost uninterrupted despite dynastic changes and wars.

If I had to hasard a guess as to the reason the Han called the Roman Empire "Da Qin", I would point towards the immense riches of the Empire. What the Han Chinese Empire considered immense stockpiles of gold, Augustus and his successors considered pocket change and standard pay for their troops. While silver was almost unheard of in China, it flowed freely as coin and bullion in the Mediterranean in amounts and purity (the Romans used the Athenian standard of 98% pure silver in their silver coinage) such as the Chinese would have never dreamed of. And the Han heard the echoes of the glory and majesty of Rome.

It is known that both Chinese and Roman merchants routinely made trips to India to trade for spices, allowing such echoes to be transmitted, for coins to be exchanged. Imagine the first Chinese merchant to sell silk to a Roman and receiving, instead of the appropriate amount of Han bronze coinage, Roman gold or silver coinage of unheard of purity and weight.

During the Principate, fully 1/3 of all Mankind lived under the imperium romanorum and the Pax Romana. The resources mustered by the Roman Empire eclipsed by far those of even the mighty Han and the riches personally commanded by the Roman Imperator equally eclipsed those of his Chinese counterparts. The Legions of Roma remained whole and mighty for 3 centuries after the birth of the Empire, while the armies of Han, built on those of Qin, were quickly dissolved and were replaced by conscripted convicts and "allied" barbarians.

Hearing tales of such a powerful and enduring empire even as their own seemingly began to crumble into decadence the moment its founder died, perhaps it is not so surprising that the Han would admit Rome as their better?
>> No. 133198
File 129493106599.jpg - (62.03KB , 500x500 , laughing-buddha-maitreya-cybele-la.jpg ) [iqdb]
133198
>>133146
>Imagine the first Chinese merchant to sell silk to a Roman and receiving, instead of the appropriate amount of Han bronze coinage, Roman gold or silver coinage of unheard of purity and weight.

I have difficulty imagining that happening. It's been my understanding that there was almost no actual direct Chinese-Roman contact -- certainly none until after 100 CE -- and that the image China had of "Da Qin" was based far more on their own myths than on the reality of the Roman Empire.

There certainly were a few embassies sent before the fall of Rome (and second-hand contact via India and Sri Lanka and so forth), but I don't think you'd ever have had a Chinese merchant trading directly with a Roman until the Roman was actually a Byzantine -- and possibly not until well after that.
>> No. 133203
>>133198
The only direct embassy recorded under the Principate was in 166 AD under the reign of Marcus Aurelius. But commercial contacts existed since the reign of Augustus. That India served as the central point of distant contact is also well known, as Roman merchants were yearly sent to India by the Red Sea and Persian Gulf to trade for spices. It is also known that Han merchants also traveled to India for spices, thus an encounter between Chinese and Roman merchants is not impossible before the known date of 166 AD.

Although you are right that most of the repute of "Da Qin" in China was built on their own legends and perceptions, certain echoes of the wealth of Rome certainly did filter through the second-hand contacts and the few direct ones. The problem being that any records of direct contacts between merchants of the two states in India are lost to time, if they even existed at all.

In other words, no direct proof for, no direct proof against, but certain trading cities frequented by both Roman and Chinese traders in India make it a possibility.
>> No. 133204
Since when THP became a place like that?
>No shitstorm
>No insult

Either there's something wrong with this story, either there's something wrong with Anon.
>> No. 133212
The knightly spirit of the character bids us to hold our tempers, calm our spirits and still our injurious tongues. Deus Vult.
>> No. 133233
>>133212
The next story I'll write will include a knight, then. In fact, every story in THP must include a knight, from now on.
>> No. 133244
>>133233
Meta Knight?
>> No. 133246
>>133244
Do not mention that here. Ever again.
>> No. 133249
>>133233
The next big CYOA on THP: "Burning Prayers of Unrelenting Hate : A Grey Knight in Gensokyo."
>> No. 133251
File 129505399053.jpg - (393.14KB , 746x800 , 1277638819586.jpg ) [iqdb]
133251
[x] "A flower."


Somewhere in the back of your mind, you realize that this is all a dream. Nothing can harm you, nor can you really do all that much harm to anything else, but you can't quite seem to realize solidly convince yourself of it. After an audible gulp, you give the first answer that came to mind, and quite possibly the only one you could give.

"A flower."

"Very astute of you, but I can't help but wonder, what happened to it?"

"I...sat on it."

You feel her hand grab onto your shoulder, oddly enough she's rather gentle, she slowly moves forward, getting a look at your face with only one of her red eyes cracked open.
"How honest of you...far more than I'd expect from the monster of my dreams."

"...Pardon?"

Even as she tightens her grip on your shoulder, her face never changes. It's the same small yet clearly content smile she's had all along. Her grip tightens to the point that you can feel her nails digging into your shoulder. It's an odd sensation, an awareness of what should be pain, but the total absence of the pain itself, but rather than further contemplate how you can feel at all you realize your chance to escape is quickly vanishing, however if you can get away for a moment, you might be able to outrun her. The moment she responds, gives any answer whatsoever she's sure to drop her guard slightly.

This, and all other thoughts of escape are rendered moot as she grips your neck with her other hand, in almost an instant you're brought from sitting down, to being held aloft over the ground by one hand, and worse still her grip is tight enough to barely allow you any air. You might be able to talk, but it would be a waste of oxygen that could be better used trying to escape, to that end you grab at her hand with your own, trying to pull yourself free, but it's quite obvious there's no chance of that happening with her superior strength.
"Oh, I was just thinking how odd it is...when I compare you to all the others you're rather pathetic. The last had the audacity to burn the entire field, taunting me all the while."
You really do want to explain yourself, or at least attempt to calm her down, but without a chance to breath you're not entirely sure you'd finish a sentence before you ran out of air. To your surprise however, she releases her grip slightly.

"Something to say?"
"Yes! I don't know what you mean, I swear! I had no intent to harm you or your flowers!"

Her grip tightens again, it seems you're only going to be allowed to breath at the times she wants a response from you.
"That's more than enough, human. I don't know what you or your friends have been doing to enter my mind in this way, but now that I've caught one of you, we should have a talk about it. Understand?" Her grip loosens again.
"I don't knowack" is all you're able to sputter out before she resumes squeezing the life out of you.

"I'll take that as a yes.
How are you getting into my dreams, and for what purpose?"

"Ack....I....don't know!"
"You don't know how?"
You realize that even if you do have a very good idea as to how you got into each others dreams, actually telling her about Nue would be an exceedingly horrible idea.

"No!"

"Not worth much to me then, are you?"

"Wha...what are you"

"Now, you know...with the others I tried to be sort of karmatic, if you can understand that. The man before lit everything on fire, so I burned him. Flood equals drowned, somebody ate my watermelons and so...well, you get the idea. So you, who sat on a flower that wasn't even mine...I wonder if perhaps I should be lenient with you?"
Not that any of it matters much to you, since whether or not she kills you through some twisted karma, you'd be dying of lack of air soon enough anyway....

"Yes, yes...let's see, what would be appropriate...?"

Or...perhaps, not? As you think on it, even with only that same sense that you know how you should feel, yet with the total absence of that actual feeling, you're not suffering any of the actual symptoms of being deprived of air. Which makes it all the more odd that you actually are incapable of talking when she's got a hold on you. Perhaps s an aspect of your dreams interacting? She believes you shouldn't be able to talk and then you can't.
With that in mind, wouldn't the reverse be true as well? Can you manipulate this world to your advantage, and in any case, does it really matter?
You're in a dream, what does any of it matter?!
Before you can test these theories you're pulled out of the thought by her hand clasping down on your head. Unfortunately, she neglects to relinquish her grasp on your throat.

"So? Which would you prefer?"

Oh...of course, she's been talking the entire time, and you managed to ignore every single word. With her grip lessening slightly you're able to speak again, and immediately. No need to gasp for air or even pause"...Pardon?'

"Have you been ignoring me?"

"Yes."

Despite her sudden agitated glare, her voice is still strikingly serene. "I asked what you'd like me to crush."

"I'm afraid you'll need to be a bit more clear..."

She lets loose a small growl, her voice is raised in anger "You sat on a flower, so I'm only going to crush one part of you! Now which is it going to be?!"

"I sat on a flower in a dream! What possible reason would you have to crush a part of me?!"

"Oh forget it, I'll pick for you!"

Her hand moves from your head down, sliding past your neck, over your chest and down... to your crotch.

"You can't be serious."

"Well, I was just going to kill you, but ignoring me in my own dream is really irritating. Got anything you want to say?"

You glance down toward her hand, of course the one solidly holding you aloft at the throat is blocking your vision of the second. However, there is something important you can see, the left side of your waist. Or, more precisely, that on your left side, as it always would be, is your sword.
There's no time to give it thought, Yuuka isn't going to be patient much longer and you're in no mood to let her have her way without a fight.

You grasp the hilt with your right hand, and angle the sheath with your left, as you draw the blade forth it cuts straight past Yuuka's arm, slicing open her wrist.
She immediately releases you, drawing her arm back and stepping away. You in turn step back and point the tip of your blade toward her, ready for whatever counter attack she unleashes.
However, rather than attack, or even indicate she's in pain she simply stares at the wound on her arm. It's an insignificant cut, barely deep enough to draw a few drops of blood and yet she's staring as though you had sliced her arm off completely.

"Heh...I get it now...the unassuming look was just to get me off guard!"
She begins advancing, grabbing her parasol from the ground as she passes it by. "Dropping my guard was a mistake I won't be repeating, human! You'd best be ready for a nightmare you'll never forget!"

"I still have no idea what you're talking about, but I appreciate the warning!"

She steps into attack range, and you drive your blade forward, straight toward her heart, no matter how tough she is the loss of the heart is sure to be fatal.
She moves her hand up, and without even breaking stride or showing a hint of effort, snaps your sword in half.
Before you can stop yourself or change direction, she tosses the fragment of your sword she had held onto aside, and grabs onto your neck once again, and within an instant you're right back where you started.
"Nice try, I have to admit."

The shattered remains of a portion of your sword and the hilt still remain in one hand, so you're only able to palm your face with your left.
You mutter under your breath "Am I ever going to bump into a woman in this land without freakish strength or magical powers?"

Yuuka, either having not heard you or simply ignoring you anyway simple launches into a lengthy description of the tortures and pain she'll be inflicting on you once she finds you in real life, and having no way to escape her at the moment, all you can do is wait for her to finally kill you.
Until, as if on cue you hear a short chuckle.
Over your shoulder floats Nue, who sits down on Yuuka's head, legs crossed and dangling free right in front of Yuuka's face, all the while laughing. It's a cackle, the sort of laugh you'd expect from the evil wizard or witch from a fairy tale.
Her mocking laughter winds down, and she rests her head in her hands. "Having fun?"

"Not really." You shoot back. You've half a mind to demand to know whether or not she's the one that's been tormenting Yuuka in her dreams, but asking that in front of Yuuka is more likely to bring her hunting for you than Nue herself.

"Ooh! That was quick, you're getting better at the back talk."

Yuuka, apparently completely unaware that you're not talking to her, and somehow even unaware that anyone is on her head at all, finally stops her ranting to ask: "Excuse me?"

Rather than humor Yuuka, you address the one more likely to be able to get you out of this nightmare. "Would you just stop this already?"

"What are you looking at? Are you talking to...Shut up!"

"Oh, for sure. I'll get you out of here...if you do something for me~"

"I think I've had more than enough of things you like for one evening."
You're tempted to say her name, but even that much might lead Yuuka to the temple, it's best to leave her in the dark as much as possible for the time being.

Yuuka raises a fist, cocking it back for a punch "SHUT UP!"

"Nothing too bad, just say uncle."

"Uncle? Why?"

"Say it!"

"I don't understand what the point of tha" "SAY IT!"

Yuuka's fist is pushing forward, it's likely already too late to get out of here without being killed anyway.
Nevertheless, you may as well

[] Say uncle
[] Say something mean to Nue before your face is broken (Feel free to make suggestions)

With this mess finally out of the way, you'll be able to

[] Go get some breakfast
[] Get ready to search with Hijiri as soon as possible
[] Sleep in
[] Visit _______
>> No. 133252
[x] Say uncle

[x] Go get some breakfast

Don't get why we should look for Hijiri, and I bet that Knightanon won't want to sleep againt for a while. Better to go eat something.

On another hand, I really hope this is just a dream, otherwise things will turn nasty when Freddy Yuuka will find us.
>> No. 133254
Wow, Raziel is dumb as hell. Really, really dumb. I can't think of a vote that could possibly be dumber than what he did in that update.

Except this.

[x] Scream that this is Nue's fault and tell Yuuka where to find her.
>> No. 133258
>>133254
forgot the other vote

[x] Get ready to search with Hijiri as soon as possible.

Hijiriririririri.
>> No. 133259
[x] Say uncle
[x] Go get some breakfast

Getting remotely mixed up with Yuuka is a bad idea... and to be honest, I'm not sure if the trip out will result in anything good.
>> No. 133260
[x] Say uncle
[x] Go get some breakfast
>> No. 133262
File 129505818541.png - (542.98KB , 637x356 , Shoop.png ) [iqdb]
133262
>>133251
Better idea.
[x] Tell me something Yuuka, Why do you think plant life is more important than human life?
[x] Plants don't have nerves, therefore they don't feel pain.
[x] More Importantly do you even know how little a plant's significance is? by siding with them it means you are weak and feeble like they are, regardless of your strength.

[x]Even if you were to kill me, I would rise to something more grand than this flower field you call great. As I have done service for the lord he will surely send pestilence and plague upon you field, do you really want that?

If we die anyhow, then its SARIEL TIME.
Nothing will be more awesome than becoming a harbinger of death. (Hoping Karesh knows who Sariel is,)
>> No. 133265
>>133262
And then you get master sparked to nothing.
>> No. 133268
>>133262
No, that's just stupid. See, we were relatively safe when we dealt honestly and politely with her. That's the lesson I got from this dream.

If Nue disguises Raziel and he deals with her the same way he dealt with her in the dream, minus the flower sitting, there's no way the visit to Yuuka can go wrong.
>> No. 133270
>>133265
That's the plan.

>>133268
You act as though this entire dream wasn't to deter us from seeing Yuuka.
>> No. 133272
>>133270
Yeah, and it should fail at that purpose. The dream showed that Yuuka can be dealt with peacefully. Until Raziel went stupid and attacked her, at least.
>> No. 133273
>>133272
She spent the whole thing holding him by the throat and alternating between wanting to actually kill him and just wanting to hurt him a lot.
>> No. 133274
>>133273
You'd be pissed too if some bitch kept sending assholes to invade your dreams. She was lenient with him, despite being provoked by both his presence (in her dreams, mind you, she won't be quite as pissed when he visits for real) and the dead flower. She even let him pick what she was going to crush.

Call me crazy, but in this story, maiming looks like a ticket to a sweet kappa-made prosthetic limb. I don't think it will come to that, but if it does, it won't be a huge loss.
>> No. 133277
>>133258

Well I suppose it was only a matter of time before the crewmen got here. This one's seems to call the ship Hijiri home. I suppose he could chosen to sail on a worst ship, but truth be told I never sailed on that ship myself, so I truly can't say if it's a sturdy ship that allows a good cruise.

I hope they've got good navigators and watchmen on the Hijiri, 'cause the waters of this thread are damn treacherous ones, filled with reefs hidden under the surface and stormy weather.
>> No. 133278
>>133277
...What?
>> No. 133279
>>133277
...Whut?
>> No. 133280
>>133277
Lots of stories on this site with worse writing than this.
>> No. 133281
Ships as in character shipping.
>> No. 133282
>>133277
Incoming Mollusk.
>> No. 133283
File 129507010611.jpg - (225.72KB , 535x750 , 8426718.jpg ) [iqdb]
133283
>>133281
All ships are to be sunk on sight. By orders of Captain Minamitsu Murasa.
>> No. 133284
[X] Say uncle
[X] Go get some breakfast

>>133277
If it weren't for the sub-par writing, I'd say this was pretty clever.
>> No. 133285
[X] Say something nice to Yuuka before your face is broken
-[X] "Last word please, gentle one."
--[X] "You are kind of cute for a nightmare, flower girl."
---[X] "But I honestly belive you punch will be much weaker then those of my UNCLE when I was a kid."
[X] Go get some breakfast
>> No. 133292
[X] Say uncle
[X] Go get some breakfast

Breakfast! the most important meal of the day!
>> No. 133293
>>133285
You smooth criminal. There is absolutely no way I could not support such a vote.

[X] Say something nice to Yuuka before your face is broken
-[X] "Last word please, gentle one."
--[X] "You are kind of cute for a nightmare, flower girl."
---[X] "But I honestly belive you punch will be much weaker then those of my UNCLE when I was a kid."
[X] Go get some breakfast
>> No. 133295
[X] Say something nice to Yuuka before your face is broken
-[X] "Last word please, gentle one."
--[X] "You are kind of cute for a nightmare, flower girl."
---[X] "But I honestly belive you punch will be much weaker then those of my UNCLE when I was a kid."
[X] Go get some breakfast

Yeah I know this is gonna piss Yuuka off and make her especially angry when we meet her but I just can't help but to vote for this.
>> No. 133296
>>133285
hm...
Would you mind making this a bit more clear?
>"Last word please, gentle one."
Is sorta confusing. I'm not sure what he's trying to say.
>> No. 133297
>>133296
Politely ask Yuuka for
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LastWords
And then play smartass/badass line. Covering both choices (uncle/mean) as well as continue looks self-confident to the end.
>> No. 133308
Well. That was grand. Good job anon. Don't say I didn't warn you.
>> No. 133309
>>133308
Why are you worried? Uncle is still winning.
>> No. 133310
>>133309
That's for Nue bailing us out of this nightmare...
>> No. 133311
>>133310
What's wrong with that?
>> No. 133312
>>133311
It means Nue is going to gloat at us ;_;
>> No. 133319
>Or...perhaps, not? As you think on it, even with only that same sense that you know how you should feel, yet with the total absence of that actual feeling, you're not suffering any of the actual symptoms of being deprived of air. Which makes it all the more odd that you actually are incapable of talking when she's got a hold on you. Perhaps s an aspect of your dreams interacting? She believes you shouldn't be able to talk and then you can't.
With that in mind, wouldn't the reverse be true as well? Can you manipulate this world to your advantage, and in any case, does it really matter?
[x] Imagine Yuuka's fist freezing midair
[x] Go get some breakfast.
>> No. 133324
>>133319
Yes! We know we're dreaming!

[X]LUCID DREAMING
[X]Turn on god mode.
>> No. 133331
>>133311
You're missing the point.

>>133324
We're already "lucid dreaming"
>> No. 133334
[x] Say uncle
[x] Go get some breakfast
>> No. 133339
Not much time for writing today, so I'll probably just leave the voting open till tomorrow.
>> No. 133347
[x] Say uncle
[x] Go get some breakfast

Deliberately antagonizing Yuuka now, even if it is just a dream where she can't hurt us, could backfire later.
>> No. 133375
[x] Say uncle
[x] Go get some breakfast

Damnit, I want to say something witty directed at Nue and Yuuka, but I got nothing.