[Return]
Archived Thread

File 129115047921.jpg - (141.35KB , 449x562 , Touhohohoho.jpg ) [iqdb]
130943 No. 130943
Well well well, I've decided to make a story myself. I am new to writing stories and as such, don't expect too high quality. Here goes:

Summary:
Touhou 12.5 came and passed, TH 12.3, 12.8 never happened. Also, I'll be using my own interpretations
of characters, which may or may not be similiar to original Zun's or fan viewpoints. In this story you'll have choices
between several abilities and special bonuses/handicaps.

Character 'creation' choices:
I'm fine with whichever gender you choose, I can write both equally well and it won't affect most happenings in the story.
Gender:
Male -
Female -

I won't be making a 'you're a youkai, eat peoples nomnom' story, but there's still the possibility of half-youkai. Bonuses of being half-youkai are offset by the fact you get to choose a few less options later than with a human.
Race:
Human -
Half-youkai -

A little note about special powers: I'll make it (or at least try to) so that no power is more powerful or weaker than others.
Choose 2 (Half-youkai); 3 (Human)
Foresight: Able to see up to a few hours into the future, sometimes won't work. -
Awareness: Supernaturally aware to surroundings, but unable to actually sense danger. -
Enhanced empathy: Able to read other people well, easier to communicate with strangers. With this power the character will be less willing to fight because he/she'll feel the foe's pain. -
Resistance: Able to resist most abilities and special powers of other youkai and similiar entities. -
(This ain't gonna be 'hax mode can't touch this' power. It won't negate the power, only lessen it. And it'll be weaker the more powerful the character is. For example, Remilia's fate manipulation won't work as well on the character, but it'll still be twisted by her power.)
Fast recovery: After being badly or fataly hurt/wounded but still surviving, will recover much faster than without this power. -
Full moon energy: When moon is nearly full a small increase to most abilities as well a small reduction on self-control will happen. During actual full moon the changes become much stronger, but overusing this power will weaken the character for the next few days. -
(I am considering making half-youkai automatically have this power to a lesser extent, but that'd imbalance them compared to humans unless I add some sort of handicap, so I'm not planning on that for now. Suggestions welcome)
Quick learning: Can quickly recognise patterns, think up solutions to problems, and adapt fast to new situations. Downside: 'learning' things that have to be gained through instinct takes longer because of the subconscious will to learn them the normal way. -
Strange power: When the character is under pressure from something or feeling bad in a way, he/she gets an increase in power of which he/she isn't even aware. -
(While thinking up powers this odd choice came to my mind. Basically, a random feeling/dislike for something will make the character a bit more powerful, but you won't know what will cause it. A bit of a wild card, but potentially more useful than other powers. Gamble away.)
Danger sense: Possibility of 'feeling' when people have hostile thoughts towards the character, as well as sensing if items or substances will harm. Only works on characters/things that the character is allready aware of. -
(I know that this combines well with Awareness, but not an overpowered combination because you're basically combining two lesser powers to a more powerful one, but that takes two choices leaving one or no more powers.)
Good idea/Bad idea: The better it fares for you, the more likely it is that it'll turn worse. The worse it fares for you, the more likely it is that it'll turn much better. -
(Another odd choice, that gives you a much better chance of evading bad outcomes, but it'll limit your effectiveness in good outcomes as well. This won't however, heavily impede the story. Murphy's law be damned, luck isn't everything for me, nor for this story. If it can go better, it actually could.)

Now for perks. These will be additional abilites that a character has, either by chance or by learning. As opposed to powers the character gets by birthright.
Choose 1
Weapons knowledge: The character can wield effectively, and has trained with weapons of varying kind, from guns to slings and swords. It is possible to choose up to two favoured weapons but keep in mind guns and their ammo is very hard to come by in my Gensokyo. -
Wayfaring: With an explorative spirit, the character knows a lot about wayfinding, surviving in the wilderness, and crossing over obstacles. While a character will have some of these abilities without this perk, this will highly specialize and improve them. -
Gensokyo lore: For humans, they managed to find by some bizzare way a bit of knowledge about Gensokyo. For half-youkai, they learned from their parent/s the knowledge through tales. -
(The character won't know about the existence of Gensokyo right off the bat, but as the intro progresses he/she'll find the way there for a reason decided by the plot.)
Clear mind: This basically is the ability to think clearly, the character can keep a cool head in most situations and is hard to mentally decieve or sidetrack. -
S.C.I.E.N.C.E.: 'So Can I Enhance Nifty Crafties Excellently?' In other words: The character, while not being scientist-tier thinkin', is able to make use of a lot of trinkets and things others would consider junk, and knows a lot about physics, chemistry, engineering, and similiar fun and loud stuff. -
Not being seen: The character is quite good at not being seen, and as such is able to avoid confrontations, observe from the shadows, and pretty much move around without anyone's knowledge. A bit of 'thievy' skills as well, but whether or not the character uses them in that way depends on their personality. -

So yeah, starting personality will be the main thing to forge the character's pre-story history, and it will affect the story in some ways, but it's not crucial.
Personality will be a COMPLETE write-in, unless you prefer to have me hand-craft the stuff myself. Also like I mentioned in the race selection, half-youkai are a bit limited. Some personality thingamajig's are mostly human, while others aren't natural for a human to have. A too human half-youkai won't be accepted for a write-in.

Write-in -
Jus' write it yarself, duh -

The intro part will take place in the outside world, and it's up to you to head over to Gensokyo after finding out about it or stumbling upon it.
Or you could just stay in the outside world and handle problems Gensokyo sends out.
Yes, this story won't orientate itself around Gensokyo itself, but is set in the whole world.

Forgive me for any mistakes or irritations or other bad stuff, this IS my first story ever, and I'm quite new to using imageboards like this one.
Why am I posting a CYOA then? Because I had the idea in my mind for a while, and it would be selfish of me to keep it to myself. Can't help it.
I will stay as anonymous, because even though it's kinda ok for writers to have a name, I don't consider myself worthy unless this story reaches a minimal level of popularity (like that'll happen, yeah right)
Also, updates won't be very often, because I have THINGS to do in reality, as much as tedious as it is. Expect irregular updates.

Well what're ya waiting for? If you read all this, you could as well post your picks man. Or woman, if you by some strange occurence are a fan of a series with all but a few characters female.

>> No. 130945
[x]Male
-[x]Human
--[x]No powers
---[x]No perks


>Giant wall of blog-ish dumbshit
>Not a speck of story to be found.

Didn't even bother to read all of it, and my hopes of this story even being mediocre are low.

>stoneskingnome2000@gmail.com
www
>> No. 130946
tl;dr

>actual E-mail

Don't do that.
>> No. 130948
>E-mail
Noted. Foolish on my part really. Reading the rules and stuff yet didn't realise Email isn't recquired or even wanted. No matter, it's an old account of mine and on Gmail, so if needed I could just abandon it and make a new one.
>>130945
I can understand your cynical attitude of my quite apparent noobishness, yet please don't rate a story before it even started...
>> No. 130949
[x]Female
-[x]Human
--[x]Quick Learning
--[x]Awareness
--[x]Danger sense

--[x]S.C.I.E.N.C.E.

Name is Kamille.
Off topic, but I actually liked him in Zeta.

>>130943
That is perhaps the most intimidating piece of text I have ever found on THP.

Like was said earlier, do not actually use your email. A tripcode is a much better alternative to that, in terms of identifying yourself (your email is actually entirely unnecessary). I can't really give you a rundown of how to do it, though, since I don't remember how.

When needed, hop onto the irc channel (should find it if you click the homelink in the topright corner). Feel free to ask for someone to proofread for you and give you input. We don't actually hate newbies here, we just have a comparatively high standard of quality. If you don't immediately meet that standard, that's fine. Many of us (not me, I'm a terrible writer) will willingly give you good pieces of criticism.

That does not mean, however, you are allowed to ignore it.

Keep in mind that these stories are a collaboration between yourself and the voters. We get a fair share of input in how you write and where the story heads, but this is still your story, and it's your world.

It's very paradoxical, I know, but it works.

Good luck to you!
>> No. 130950
[x]Male
-[x]Human
--[x]Enhanced Empathy
--[x]Resistance
--[x]Fast Recovery
---[x]S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Pacifyan, survivan and problem solvan gaems.

>mailto:stoneskingnome2000@gmail.com
This is a bad idea. Not because anybody here's gonna prank call you or anything, but because it makes your E-mail address clickable, it's going to be known to web spiders and other nasty things, so you can expect spam. There's nothing wrong with leaving the E-mail field blank. You might want to delete this thread and repost it, without your E-mail.

Since you are apparantly new here, PLEASE go read >>/gensokyo/6052. Unlike >>130945, I'm just going to wait and see how your writing is. (I have to agree on too much blog, though.)

Edit: didn't read properly.
>> No. 130951
If we chose to be half-youkai and have the enhanced empathy power, would that mean that we're probably related to Satori siblings somehow?
>> No. 130953
File 129115412866.jpg - (176.33KB , 610x771 , Mindgames.jpg ) [iqdb]
130953
>>130951
Not necessarily, but it could mean being related to the same race.
>> No. 130956
[x] Male
- [x] Human
-- [x] Enhanced empathy
-- [x] Fast recovery
-- [x] Resistance
--- [x]Gensokyo lore
>>130947
Like said. I won't judge without having read what you wrote.
>>130951
I like that Idea. Even if he is human he could just be somehow related to them.
>> No. 130957
File 129115451117.jpg - (251.09KB , 800x800 , Well derp.jpg ) [iqdb]
130957
Well damn, I forgot to put in one key option. Thanks for reminding me.
Here it is:
I'm gonna give freedom to choose the name to you, or you could just decide a name is too much.
Write-in -
No name, we are the anonymous -
>> No. 130958
[x] Human
[x] Female

[x] Fast recovery
[x] Quick learning
[x] Good idea/Bad idea

Mostly based on the fact that:
there's not enough female chacter, from my Pov.
Human is easier to understand than youkais, so it should make your job easier.
Quick learning represent human's typical adaptability to their environnement.
Fast recovery because a better regeneration is always for the greater good.
Good Idea/Bad Idea because... because.

Perk:
S.C.I.E.N.C.E.
Because "science"+"fast learning" will avoid any stupid death, like "fell and can't get up" or "tried to see what was this ribbon on Rumia's head".

Good luck for your story, do your best.
>> No. 130960
>>130949
But Kamille is a man's name!
>> No. 130961
[x] Half youkai
No hurr-I-are-love-power-and-plot-armor humans please.
[x] Prefer male but fine with either
If the votes are tied, you can count this vote as a female vote
-[x] Quick learning
-[x] Awareness
This is kinda OP
--[x] Clear mind

You'll do just fine. Just stick to consistent updating and get yourself a proofreader. If you don't have one just ask someone on IRC to do it for you
>> No. 130962
>>130956
How can you be human and still be connected to youkai?

Come on guys we haven't had a half youkai in... more or less ever
>> No. 130964
Gender: Male.

Race: Half-youkai.
Despite humans getting a extra power at the start, being a half-youkai seems like it has more benefits in the long run given the basic watered down youkai abilities that we probably will get from it.

Special Powers: Enhanced empathy and Strange power.

Reason that I chose 'Strange power' as the second special ability is that 'awareness and Danger sense' both seem like abilities that our empathy can cover or do hopefully at somepoint down the line. Being a half-youkai we already are more durable and capable of healing faster then a normal human which makes 'fast recovery' less necessary. Resistance and Quick learning where very tempting but the wildcard and ace-in-the-hole nature of 'Strange power' makes it even more valuable to me. Resistance only works to a degree and against the stronger characters doesn't seem like a big as advantage as 'strange power' could be if we get lucky.

Perk: Not being seen.

Goes well with our empathy, and it's always good thing to be able to be sneaking.

Name: Satori Kisho or Yasuo.

Kisho: One who knows his mind.
Yasuo: Peaceful One.
>> No. 130965
Well you've already been chastised so I won't do it more.

[x]Female, because that way the story won't lean H as much early on.
[x]Half-youkai, because I think youkai are awesome.

[x]Enhanced empathy
and,
[x]Strange power
as powers, because I like to gamble.

[x]Clear mind
for a perk, because to me stuff like that always turns out to be the most useful thing around.

As for a name I have no idea.

With the personality I want to base it off of the clear mind perk. Our character should act like one whose mind is calm. She should appear calm and polite outwardly, however I would prefer her to act a little otherworldly around others. It would make our interactions more interesting. It may be a little hard to write that way though.

Good luck, and make sure you listen when someone criticizes you so long as they aren’t being an asshole.
>> No. 130966
>>130963
Don't take it for granted that being half-youkai makes you between human and youkai level. Youkai power varies, and while you're generally right that the benefits it gives are similiar to weakened versions of other powers, there are many kind of youkai and many kinds of strengths and weaknesses. I don't want my character to be imbalanced or overpowered. Although in the long run it won't be much notable anyway.
>> No. 130968
>>130966
Yeah, but the fact that we only have 2 special powers instead of 3 should probably be compensated somehow
>> No. 130969
>>130968
Of course. Updates tommorow, if there are enough votes to consider it.
>> No. 130970
[x] >>130956
Meh, gonna go with this.
>> No. 130972
>>130948
>Reading the rules and stuff yet didn't realise Email isn't recquired or even wanted.
You can learn these things by lurking. Or even just looking around at the other stories, not a single one is using a real email. Have you even read anything here?

Anyway, here's some important advice:

Decide whether you want this CYOA to be like an adventure/tabletop game where the player is rewarded and punished for their decisions, or like a novel where the readers are allowed to guide the development of the story.

You can try to mix them, but the most important part is to be aware of the difference. This character sheet thing with optional powers and abilities is solidly part of the former approach.
>> No. 130974
Waiting warmly despite fuck-ups. I have faith in you, Anonymous.
>> No. 130988
>>130972
Yeah I messed up big time on that part.
About the story, yes it's gonna be the type where the anon's decisions determine how the story will progress. I will avoid bad-ending you for stupid reasons, but if it's clear that the choice is a bad one, it generally will be.
Quite a few conflicting votes now, will wait the evening to see if a definite route has been decided. If not, I'll take the most reasonable votes and use them.
>> No. 130990
[x]Male
-[x]Human
--[x]Enhanced empathy
--[x]Danger sense
--[x]Awareness
---[x]Weapons knowledge
>> No. 130999
[x]Female
[x]Half-Youkai

[x]Quick learning
[x]Awareness

[x]Clear mind
>> No. 131015
Well it appears there are several ties for various votes. I'll call it for Half-youkai male, with Quick learning and Enhanced empathy, with Clear mind being the perk. Starting to write, update later this evening or tommorow morning.

Also, names.
Kisho []
Yasuo []
Rinshi []
Write-in []
Make it yourself []
>> No. 131020
The first thing you notice are the stars. You realize you are lying on the ground, somewhere. But where is somewhere?

You stand up and look around yourself, and see many trees around what appears to be a rough dirt path of some sort. The trees appear to have blue-ish leaves and charcoal coloured branches. The trees themselves are mostly shrouded in an odd mist. There appears to be a blood puddle on the grass to your right. Grass that is… Golden? You start wondering what to do.

Follow the path, if it’s here in the first place it should lead somewhere. []
Examine the blood more closely. If there is danger here it would be wise to figure out what kind. []
Look around the forest some more. It certainly seems to be the quite out of the ordinary. At least by your definition of ‘ordinary’ []
Take a moment to rest. You don’t know how or why you are here, but it’s best to focus your mind and be prepared for anything. []

Well there you go, first update. This is more of a real intro, and most of the choices will have a reasonably large wall of text behind them. You might be wondering what this actually is, since I did said the character will start out outside of Gensokyo and find a way there. Well… It’s too abstract to be real, even by Gensokyo standards, isn’t it?
Next update to follow, will try to start on it immediately after enough votes are made. The name will appear in the next update or two as well, you can vote on it too.
>> No. 131023
[x]Examine the blood more closely. If there is danger here it would be wise to figure out what kind.

By the way, for some reason I really like that pic of Reimu. Thank you.
>> No. 131025
[X] Yasuo
[X] Take a moment to rest. You don’t know how or why you are here, but it’s best to focus your mind and be prepared for anything.

Yeah, Kamille's kind of a french name and doesn't make sense in Gensokyo.

Also, that was really, really short. How frequently are you looking to update? Stylistically, I guess it would make sense. After all, we're going to be characterized over the course of the story, there's only so much you can do with the first post of exposition when we don't know our character that well yet. But still, it might not be a bad thing to increase the length of the updates. Not much story between updates can make things seem slow, and you do appear to be taking this seriously.

Unfortunately, I'm not a writer on here (I think of it every now and then).

Bloody hell you did get me to criticize you again!
>> No. 131029
Take a moment to rest. You don’t know how or why you are here, but it’s best to focus your mind and be prepared for anything. [x]

Preparation is the key to succes. I kinda like the [] being on the other side
>> No. 131030
>>131023
Thank you. It did seem somehow fitting.
>>131025
Yes, I know this update is short, and while it is true that it is a little bit rushed, it's basically there for a proper intro. Future updates will be at least three times longer. Yeah, I will update after I get enough votes. If I don't get many, well I can work with few as well.
>> No. 131054
[X]Yasuo
[X] Examine the blood more closely. If there is danger here it would be wise to figure out what kind.
>> No. 131075
>>131020

For future reference, it helps to make things less confusing if you have something seperating the actual update and any side notes from the author. Something like this
------------
[X] Yasuo
[x]Look around the forest some more. It certainly seems to be the quite out of the ordinary. At least by your definition of ‘ordinary’

One last thing, if we ever give you harsh criticism, don't think it means you're a horrible writer. If we really thought you were a horrible writer, we would just say it directly. Aside from that, your story is coming along okay so far.
>> No. 131077
[x] Take a moment to rest. You don’t know how or why you are here, but it’s best to focus your mind and be prepared for anything.

Don't put the brackets on the other side of the text. It's superfluous, and will only make it harder on yourself to tally votes.
>> No. 131087
>>131075
Yeah I was thinking of implementing that, but forgot to do so in the actual update.
>>131077
I can manage votes fine, but I suppose I should implement a different system, thanks for the suggestion.
I'll wait a few more hours before calling the vote, expect the update to follow sooner or later.
>> No. 131088
"Yasuo" is already the surname of the MC in the drawfag CYOA with originally-blonde Sanae. It might be better to choose something else for a name here.
>> No. 131092
>>131088
If you're willing to argue for any of the other names I'll change my vote for it.
>> No. 131093
>"Yasuo" is already the surname of the MC in the drawfag CYOA with originally-blonde Sanae.

Well, this is a completely different story, but I'll go for originality here. If no one votes a different name I'll go ahead and choose one of the other two names. In the meantime, calling the vote for 'taking a rest' and writing.
>> No. 131095
[x] Rinshi

Exclude >>131075's name vote, here's my new one.
>> No. 131096
File 12913302923.jpg - (263.93KB , 677x677 , Picture1.jpg ) [iqdb]
131096
Updates here. The name will be Rinshi.

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

Take a moment to rest. You don’t know how or why you are here, but it’s best to focus your mind and be prepared for anything. [x]
Wondering about your current situation won’t help you in any way, so it’s best to calm down and take it all in a rational way. You sit down on the grass and close your eyes, concentrating on finding a reasonable answer to your current situation.

All of a sudden, you hear a voice in your head;
“You are an interesting individual, aren’t you? Most people would already be wondering what is going on, yet instead you have chosen to think it out...?”
The voice almost makes you lose your focus, yet you manage to reassemble your thoughts. Wondering why a voice is appearing out of nowhere, you realize this place must be connected to your thoughts somehow. Then, the realization hits you… This is all a dream…
You call out: “Exactly who are you, and why are you invading my dreams?”
-“Fufufu~ you are pretty demanding aren’t you? I come with a warning. If you notice anything strange, anything at all, ignore it.”
The voice seems to be coming from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. Curious… With carefully chosen words, you reply “Cut this nonsense, this seems strange as it is. Why don’t you stop being a voice in my head and show up already?”
The world starts turning white, and a fading echo rings in your head, “Ignore it… Dreams can be almost like reality sometimes. sometimes.

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

‘Beep beep.’ … ‘Beep beep.’ Huh? ‘Beep beep.’
You slowly open your eyes and look at the alarm clock. ‘Beep beep.’ Slightly irritated, you turn it off.
‘Beep be-*’
Gathering your thoughts, you remember the dream. Yes, it was just a dream. Even if the voice sounded so real. You cut off the thought, of course reading too many fictional books will make you have dreams like that!

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

After fully waking up, you rise from your bed and- hear ringing. Answering the phone, you hear “Hello? Is that you Rinshi?”
Smiling, you answer “Yes. Hi mom. Why are you calling this early though?”
“Oh, it’s early? I’m sorry I didn’t wake you up did I? I completely forgot about the time-zone differences…”
“No it’s alright, I didn’t sleep well anyway.” You shudder a bit.
“Are you alright? If you aren’t sleeping well you should take a break from all these books and going out late at night. Even if you are… special.”
“No, really I’m fine.” Special… That’s a simple way to put it.
“Well if you are sure… Just don’t overdo it, okay?”
“Okay. Why did you call me anyway?”
“I was wondering how your studies are going, I don’t want you to be slacking off!”
“Please, do I ever neglect my studies?”
“Yes you do, quite often too. Don’t forget! Bye.”
With a sigh, you say “Bye, mom…”
The reason you came to Japan was to study engineering at their excellent schools. You sometimes wonder though, if your father’s death before coming here was a coincidence.

“””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

After brushing your teeth and getting dressed, you remember that it’s Saturday. Remembering you had a few plans for today, you start wondering what to do next.

“”
Do some shopping, you’re running low on supplies. –
Check out that exhibition of historical items that is starting today at the local museum. –
Go to the library, you have some books to return. –
Before all else, eat breakfast. Doing stuff without nutrition could be bad for your health, even though you don’t have to eat very often apparently. -
-“Food write-in, or leave it up to me” -
--After that do *pick something from the list above* -
Screw that! You should drink some coffee and watch the T.V. comfortably before you rush out and stay mobile for the rest of the day. –
“”

Have to admit, it’s not a very long update. Well, it was the option that led specifically to the second shortest time spent in the dreamworld. The name is open to change if too many people complain of course. Stay tuned.
>> No. 131097
You need to rework your choices. Look at how the other writers do it.
>> No. 131098
[x] Do some shopping, you’re running low on supplies.

For things to improve, they must move.
>> No. 131101
[X]Before all else, eat breakfast. Doing stuff without nutrition could be bad for your health, even though you don’t have to eat very often apparently.
-omelette with whatever it is that we have in the house.

[X] Go to the library, you have some books to return.
>> No. 131108
[x] Before all else, eat breakfast. Doing stuff without nutrition could be bad for your health, even though you don’t have to eat very often.
-[x] Check out that exhibition of historical items that is starting today at the local museum.

I've always liked museums. Yeah. Put [] or whatever you want in front of the options. It'll be a lot easier to count the votes and things like that
>> No. 131110
[x] Go to the library, you have some books to return.

Seriously, I don't give a single fuck about your want to be a special snowflake. Just put the brackets at the beginning of the choices, like every one else, and we will be golden.
>> No. 131114
It's less of wanting unique choices and more of wanting them to be specific, so no mix-ups happen.
But yeah, I suppose I should 'standardise' them. I'll wait for a tie-break vote and will start writing then. Or if no votes come, start the writing anyway so I don't waste time.
>> No. 131123
[X]Before all else, eat breakfast. Doing stuff without nutrition could be bad for your health, even though you don’t have to eat very often apparently.
[X] Go to the library, you have some books to return.
>> No. 131142
Vote called for breakfast with library visiting. Stuff happened, update likely tommorow.
>> No. 131223
File 129157584548.jpg - (99.76KB , 420x335 , library00.jpg ) [iqdb]
131223
[X]Before all else, eat breakfast. Doing stuff without nutrition could be bad for your health, even though you don’t have to eat very often apparently.
[X] Go to the library, you have some books to return.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

Thinking about books, you remembered that you finished reading some of them a long time ago, and should return them to the library. After looking at the clock you realize it’s still a bit early, so you decide to get some food. Making a simple breakfast should suffice, so you prepare a sandwich with butter, tomatoes and ham. For a brief moment you get a strange feeling. Not that you are being watched, not a strange feeling that something is happening, not even a feeling that you forgot something. Just a strange feeling... After clearing your thoughts and putting the books in a bag, you exit your apartment and lock the door.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

There have been strange occurrences three months ago, with people disappearing and mysterious thefts. As suddenly as they started, they ceased to happen, and most people forgot about them. What people don’t realize is that the incidents are just beginning.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

As you were heading to the library rain suddenly started falling, even though the forecast said it would be sunny. Alarmingly, you realize the books would be damaged, but after checking the bag, you are relieved to see that it keeps the books safe. After hurrying up, you manage to get to the library before the rain worsened.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

In the library you return the books, and the receptionist thanked you. Surprisingly, there are a lot more people in here than there usually would be during Saturday. After taking a brief look at the catalogue of recently added books, you decide to pick up a few more that you planned on reading.

The ‘strange feeling’ returned, a bit stronger now. You take a brief look around you, noticing nothing unusual. Maybe it’s just the dream affecting you.

You notice a young-looking purple-haired woman reading a book on ‘electrical engineering’. Being knowledgeable on the matter, you consider explaining a few tidbits of information to her. Besides, she certainly seems odd. The words ‘ignore it’ start echoing in your mind. This is really getting tiresome, the dream just won’t leave you alone. You start pondering what to do…

“””””””””””””””””””””””
[] Maybe she’s not very friendly, people with such strange features often aren’t very popular. ‘Ignore it’ and just finish your business here.
[] She appears to be a thinker, and might appreciate learning a few more facts. Share your knowledge, for knowledge is power.
[] Just forget about the strange feeling, and read a book here to relax a bit instead.
“””””””””””””””””””””””

Short update? Short update. Will start writing the next as soon as possible to make up for the lost time.
>> No. 131227
[x] Just forget about the strange feeling, and read a book here to relax a bit instead.

Some description of his environments would be nice. As it is, you simply wrote down city, library, and his room, we know nothing about those places besides that. I know jack shit about writing, so if I'm just talking out my ass, feel free to ignore.
>> No. 131229
>>131227
You do have a point about the lack of descriptions of places. But, I keep it that way for a reason. You'll see, sooner or later.
>> No. 131236
[x] She appears to be a thinker, and might appreciate learning a few more facts. Share your knowledge, for knowledge is power.
Patches? Is that you?
>> No. 131237
Also, get a trip
>> No. 131298
[X] She appears to be a thinker, and might appreciate learning a few more facts. Share your knowledge, for knowledge is power.
>> No. 131310
>Also, get a trip
Thanks for the reminder, I forgot about doing it. Will see about getting one later though.
>Patches? Is that you?
I ain't gonna spoil anything here. Let's just put all the facts together:
There was that unexpected visitor in the protagonist's dreams. Then, if it actually is Patchouli there, that means youkai aren't exactly limited to Gensokyo either. Let that be food for thought. Vote called for sharing knowledge, updating tommorow.
>> No. 131364
File 129176149294.jpg - (48.01KB , 448x200 , The trio.jpg ) [iqdb]
131364
[x] She appears to be a thinker, and might appreciate learning a few more facts. Share your knowledge, for knowledge is power.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

You shrug off all out of place thoughts and approach the reading girl. “That is a good book you have there, but it only covers the elementary aspects of the content.”
Without raising her eyes off the book, she replies in a slow, steady voice “So? It matters not to me. I still didn’t know most of what it describes. It’s not like there is an expert here.”
“I happen to be somewhat experienced in that field. Can I explain some of it to you?”
Her perpetually serious expression relaxed a bit now, and she looked up at me. “Mmm, yes, I would appreciate that.”
You notice her eyes are purple as well, but don’t pay much attention to it. You wouldn’t be surprised that she uses contact lenses to make her eye-colour match her hair.
“Alright, before I get started, may I ask for your name?”
“… Patchouli.”
“My name’s Rinshi, pleased to meet you. Now, about electrical engineering-“
And so you start explaining to her all the uses of electrical engineering, how important it is, and how electrical engineers need to graduate at an university to actually be able to work on engineering. As you were explaining things to her, she kept asking more questions, and for clearer answers. She seems to be quite interested in the subject.
“And that’s about all I can tell you about it, really.”
“Thank you. That was enlightening.”
As soon as she said that, another girl approached and said “Patchouli! Did you forget why we are here? I know that these books would be very interesting to you, but we have a task to accomplish, and we shouldn’t waste time.”
She looks very peculiar, having green hair and purely white clothing. She appears to have some kind of snake-shaped hair accessory and a hair clip shaped like a frog's head.
“Oh, what time is it?” Patchouli replied.
“It’s almost noon. Did you lose track of time? You know we didn’t come here for a vacation!” The green haired girl appears to be angry.
Wait, almost noon she said? Damn, you really did lose track of time.
With a hint of worry in her voice, Patchouli spoke “V-very well. I’ll j-just return the books to their shelves and continue as soon as p-possible. Excuse me, mister Rinshi but could you help me return the books? It’s partially your fault that I’ve wasted time.”
“No problem, I’ll do it.”
After returning the books to their places you observe the strange pair as they leave the library. You start wondering what that was all about, but then remember that you should go buy supplies, so you hurriedly leave the library and head towards a nearby supermarket.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

It’s a fairly large city, where the high school you’re attending to is. It seemed like a good idea to you, considering the area is quite beautiful. Not far from the city are some mountains, as well as a forest. The forest itself is called haunted by some though, because of the regular disappearances there.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

You proceeded to pick up various things you need and put them in the cart. You start getting a different feeling, one of danger. It seems something very, very bad is going to happen… Suddenly strong winds started blowing from seemingly everywhere, similar to what would it be like in a hurricane. You are caught by surprise, but you calm down quickly and start running towards the exit. People around you are panicking, and in the chaos you almost get hit by a cart moving out of control.
What is going on? Is the ventilation system malfunctioning? If that is the problem, then it’s a serious oversight by the personnel. You manage to get outside safely. It also seems most people who were inside the supermarket when the wind started blowing escaped relatively unharmed.
“What in the world was that?”
“This shouldn’t have happened…”
“Why Saturday of all days?”
“All the doors opened at the same time, even the ones for employees only. Strange.”
You approached the worker and asked “At the same time? Was this set up in some way?”
He answered “Hell if I know, I’ve seen no suspicious people around the ventilation anyway. Maybe it was some form of terrorism. Bah, I need to find a better job…”
You pretty much doubt the place will continue working right now, considering the place is likely a mess. You remember a small shop on the way to your home, so you head there. You’re now pretty sure that dream was not that important. This is not ‘strange’, this is outright outrageous.

“”””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””””

Inside, you greet the shopkeeper and proceed to look around for the things on your mental shopping list. Then you see a strange sight. A short white-haired girl is being followed by what appears to be a glowing white… orb of some sort.

“””””””””””””””””””””””
[]Pretend it is not there, but keep an eye on it in case it is planning something bad. You don’t want any more surprises.
[]Approach her and ask her directly about the thing, and whether or not she sees it.
[]You have seen enough strangeness today, and you don’t want to risk it. Pull her out of the store and run away from the orb with her.
“””””””””””””””””””””””

I tried to put out the ideas I had in my mind for this update as well as possible. It might be a bit flawed in case the scenes aren’t exactly connected well, but no matter, I’m still improvising. Also, tripcode to prevent confusion.
>> No. 131367
[x]Pretend it is not there, continue shopping diligently.

Just like a real Japanese person would.
Alternatively, we can whip out our cell phone and take millions of pictures.
>> No. 131395
[x]Approach her and ask her directly about the thing, and whether or not she sees it.
>> No. 131398
[x]Approach her and ask her directly about the thing, and whether or not she sees it.

Seems to be shaping up somewhat similar to Border House, but do keep writing. This is interesting.
>> No. 131433
[x]Approach her and ask her directly about the thing, and whether or not she sees it. Wonder who that could be
Right...
>> No. 131493
Apologies for the lack of updates, the last few days have been very active for me. Calling the vote for direct questioning. Update tommorow.
>> No. 131495
By the way Charr, the next four days week is going to be pretty busy for me so you're going to have to find some other proofreader. Hopefully I'll have some time by the end of the week, but I really kind of doubt it...
>> No. 131583
An unexpected occurence happened, so I lost time. I won't be able to update today. I'll update later this week, hopefully tommorow.
>> No. 132535
Update?