[Return]
Archived thread

File 128931520026.jpg - (642.50KB , 1050x1061 , 9fed26188251efbc4300ecb3e4fbd935.jpg ) [iqdb]
128606 No. 128606
>>127312 Thread one
>>128033 Thread two

[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy

Whether or not Shou is human, or Byakuren a practitioner of magic you have no reason to believe they're anything other than the kind and welcoming people they've demonstrated themselves to be. Even during the crusades, you'd always been able to discern who was enemy and who was not, this new land should be no different, and every ounce of experience you had told you both of them were trustworthy.

"If it's alright with you, I'd be honored to stay. Miss Byakuren"
Hijiri smiles warmly, inviting you back inside the Temple. "Don't worry about being a burden, I'm sure we can find some chore or task you're suited for. Would there be any particular skills you have, or job you think you'd like?"

"Skills?"

"Crafts? Talents? Powers?"

"Well....I'm a Knight. I'm only truly skilled at war, as for powers? I'm afraid not."

"Perhaps a messenger then? Or a guard! Well, whatever we find for you I'm sure the people of the village would greatly appreciate a human presence around here. However, there might be a slight complication with some of the more~ combat orientated tasks."

You sigh. Almost every time someone has told you there's a slight problem, it's been a very big problem. In fact, the last time you'd heard it used like that someone had told you; 'There's only a slight chance of one of those archers hitting us at this range.' You know full well how that went.

"A complication?"

"Your armor. I'm afraid the creatures that attacked you have damaged it."

"Those balls? What could they have possibly done to it?!"

"When on the hunt they emit some sort of aura. The more of them there are, the stronger the effects; reopening of old wounds, and at times they've demonstrated the ability to rust or erode metals.
Shou could probably explain it better, but from what I understand the hole in the chest has been enlarged and several of the joints rusted."

"Dirty little-" You catch yourself, quickly deciding against saying anything derisive about the horrid little monsters in front of Byakuren, who from what you've seen so far might jump into a lecture about the creatures simply doing what they do to survive.

Byakuren chuckles "Yes, we've had quite a few complaints about them over the weeks. A shame, really. They're normally rather harmless. But...They drink blood, you see; so even if they themselves only require a small amount, when too many gather they can cause deaths."

Byakuren continues discussing the creatures, but you're only half listening at this point. Your armor; there was nothing truly spectacular about it. It had been just about the same as everyone else. But it was yours, it had saved your life more times than you could count, and probably even more times than you could ever be aware. These things had done to it what you'd spent years upon years preventing with regular maintenance, and worse yet they'd done so while you sle-

Hijiri stops, opening a door and gesturing for you to enter. Once you're inside, she follows and shuts it behind her. The room is dark; no windows, no furniture that you can see.

"What are we doing here?" You ask, you imagine Hijiri has already explained this to you, but you missed it entirely.

"You'll see." She dips into her robe, pulling forth a small scroll, which she places in the center of the room.
Byakuren claps her hands together, muttering under her breath at incredible speeds. It almost seems to be a prayer of some sort. But even from the small portions of what she's saying you can catch, it's clear it's not a language you've heard.

The scroll shakes, and then snaps open; A brilliant rainbow of colored letters bursts forth into the room, then settles down toward the ground.
Initially you believe this is just some sort of entertaining trick, however as the letters and runes fall, some halt in midair, their colors fading and the lettering morphing into terrain.
It begins with the highest points, mountains and the higher hills, but soon an entire map, vibrantly colored and real to the touch floats before you.
You reach a hand out, only to have it pass straight through. But as you make contact, a red arrow appears, floating above a location on the map.
Investigating this spot reveals it's the temple. What's more, a red line has appeared; tracing back through the forest to the representation of a Red Mansion, and back to what you presume is your starting point. You glance toward Hijiri, who is contentedly standing to the side, it seems she's quite amused by your amazement.

"This is incredible! How did yo-"

"Magician."

"Ah-...Yes. Of course."

Hijiri steps through the corner of the map, standing alongside you. She directs your attention back toward the lake, which from here you can easily see is being fed by a rather large river, sprouting forth from a mountain.

"At the base of this mountain lives a village of Youkai; the Kappa. They're friendly enough toward humans, and, of particular interest to you I feel; are considered the greatest inventors and blacksmiths in Gensokyo.
I've commissioned something from them, and had intended to send another of the Youkai in my service to collect it while you went to the human village to have your armor repaired. But given your reaction, it's obviously important to you. Important enough that you'd want only the best to repair it, yes?"

It seems once again Byakuren is giving you a choice. As you've already learned, even if those at the end of the journey are friendly, what is in-between might not be.
[] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done (Default companion is Nazrin)
- "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have
-- [] Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already."
-- [] Nue accompany me, so long as I have some method to resist her powers, she'd prove an extremely useful ally."
[] Go to the Human village to get your repairs

>> No. 128607
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done (Default companion is Nazrin)

Hopefully he'll react well to a mouse-girl.
>> No. 128613
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
- "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have
-- [x] Nue accompany me, so long as I have some method to resist her powers, she'd prove an extremely useful ally."

Forgive and forget.
>> No. 128614
[X] Perform three Pater Nosters and four Ave Marias.
- [x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done (Default companion is Nazrin)
>> No. 128615
[X] Perform three Pater Nosters and four Ave Marias.
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
[x] Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already."
>> No. 128617
[X] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done

A mouse is fine too. He'll need to meet everyone at the temple sooner or later.
>> No. 128618
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
[x] Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already."
>> No. 128621
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
- "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have
-- [x] Nue accompany me, so long as I have some method to resist her powers, she'd prove an extremely useful ally."
>> No. 128626
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
- "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have
-- [x] Nue accompany me, so long as I have some method to resist her powers, she'd prove an extremely useful ally."

Out of my whim. Curious of how will our knight find a reason to recruit her, certainly not without external drives.
>> No. 128629
[X] Perform three Pater Nosters and four Ave Marias.
- [x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done (Default companion is Nazrin)

We must not forget to pray. This will focus our spirit, calm our soul and allow us to humbly ask for God's help in our coming trials. We shall be a bastion of Faith in an unfaithful place, an paragon of Christian values in a heathen land.

We will not be an unthinking zealot, but a paragon of Chivalry and Christian values. We will be sworn to Valour, we shall speak only Truth, our strength and sword will defend the weak and helpless and our wrath will undo the wicked.

That kind of character should allow both sufficient religiosity to be a believable medieval character, while still permitting us to act freely of close minded hatred. Let us strive to move away from the vicious and bitter argument of the second thread, brothers. Let us start anew and forgive old trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
>> No. 128631
[x] Perform three Pater Nosters and four Ave Marias.
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done.
- [x] "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already."

Having Nue as a companion doesn't sound too good.
>> No. 128639
[X] Perform three Pater Nosters and four Ave Marias.
- [x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done (Default companion is Nazrin)

>>128629

I was almost afraid of where you were going with that. Likable characterization is likable.
>> No. 128640
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
[x] Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already."
>> No. 128643
[X] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done (Default companion is Nazrin)
- "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have
-- [] Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already."

I actually wouldn't mind Nue except that would be incredibly out of character at this point. He's going to have to get to know her some, before I think he'd be willing to trust her.
>> No. 128644
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
[x]"If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have Nue accompany me, so long as I have some method to resist her powers, she'd prove an extremely useful ally."

Friends close, enemies closer, etc etc.
>> No. 128651
I choose Nazrin due a mix of factors:
-Her cleverness would be of help getting around things too tough to find
-Getting to know Shou's underling better

But Shou's a fine option.
>> No. 128652
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done.
- [x] "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already.
>> No. 128654
>>128651
Was that a vote, or just clarifying your position?
>> No. 128660
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
- "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have
-- [x] Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already."
>> No. 128663
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done.
>Nazrin
I need no more convincing.
>> No. 128665
Calling it in favor of Shou.
>> No. 128666
>>128639
I never advocated the "Kill, Maim, Burn" choices. I always advocated Faith, yes, but the only time I favoured direct assault was during the duel with Meiling. I simply wish that we do not forsake a critical part of Knightanon's European identity because some refused to hear my call to remain faithful (and non-violent in an uncertain situation) to act like a Black Templar which was idiotic in the extreme(The Black Templar, for one, would have been too stubborn to be brought down by the F.O.E in the first place. That's Space Marines for you, and Knightanon is not a Space Marine).
>> No. 128695
File 12893497169.jpg - (136.19KB , 682x852 , 8cbbffe2bdb1668c688de55a2b6e8a64.jpg ) [iqdb]
128695
[x] Go to the Kappa to get your repairs done
- "If it's alright with you, I'd prefer to have
-- [x] Shou accompany me, given that I'm familiar with her already.

"If you believe them to be the better craftsmen then I suppose it'd be best to go along with whomever you send to the Kappa."

"I'd hoped as much, especially since I doubt Nazrin would have much fun carrying back out order alone."

"Nazrin?"

"Yes, the Youkai I mentioned earlier."

"If it's alright with you, I'm already familiar with Shou. Perhaps I could accompany her instead?"

Hijiri places a hand on her chin and considers your request for a moment. "I suppose it would be fine. Though most likely you'll be leaving in a few hours at the least, will that be okay?"

A few hours? Surely there's something or another you can do to fill the time.

______________________

Your immediate response to learning that you had a fair amount of time on your hands had been to return to your room and pray, however you are quickly interrupted by a knocking at the door. Upon sliding it open, you find a young girl standing before you; her gray hair adorned by a pair of strange looking ears, and her tail carrying a small basket.

Wait, her tail?

"This is pretty heavy, you know. But don't worry. Mice are well known for their strength and endurance."

It's only now that you've noticed, she's carrying a box with what appears to have bits and pieces of your armor in it. Not wanting to be rude by ignoring her odd statement you burst out the first response that comes to mind. "Really?"

"No, we are not. Take the box."

You comply, lifting it from her hands and carrying it in. It's not too heavy for you, but you can certainly see why someone of her size would have a problem with it. Once you're out of the way, the tiny tiny woman follows you into the room.

"Byakuren told me to give these back to you. Unfortunately for you, these are the only parts that still seemed usable.

You dig through the box, separating the bits and pieces into piles on the floor. Fortunately it seems the hole in your chest plate Byakuren had spoken of didn't extend to the mail shirt underneath, in fact most of the mail seems to be in perfect working condition. Along with your helmet, which hasn't suffered at all from the attack.
Unfortunately, with the exception of the left arm, boots, and gauntlets you don't have the pieces for most of your armor. Worse still, even the arms joints seems to have deteriorated. You doubt you'll be able to move it as fluidly as normal. After taking the rest of the armor out, you see what's laying at the bottom; your Surcoat. On the contrary to your expectations it seems the hole that had been torn into the front of it is completely gone.

The woman speaks up as you examine it. "Ah, that thing. It looks good, right?"

"Perfect! I can't even tell there it had been there! Who fixed it?"

"I did, obviously."

You turn to her as you rise to your feet. "Thank you! How can I repay you?"

She finally seems to regard you with some interest at that. "What can you do? For me?"

"Yes! I know it might seem silly to you, but this Surcoat is truly important to me, I owe you a debt that I doubt can easily be repaid."

"Right, right. Tell you what then; I've got a request for you. During this little trip of yours? The one you're taking with my master?"

"Shou?"

"Yes. Shou." You note a hint of irritation in her voice, and think it might be that she doesn't appreciate you referring to someone held in esteem by her in such a casual way. But it's really impossible to say for sure whether that's the case.

She continues, the irritation already gone. "On this trip, lets say you encounter something or someone that tries to harm you, right?"

"Yes?"

"I'm not going to tell you to protect her from it, chances are Shou is a lot stronger than you anyway; but she's...soft. She won't want to kill whatever it is, and I want you to make sure that if it's something that needs to die, you're the one to do the deed."

"That's it?"

"That's it."


____________________

It was only a few hours after your encounter with the woman you'd later learned was named Nazrin that Shou had arrived to let you know she was ready to leave. But now that you were standing outside, alone and with only your chain mail suit, armored left arm, boots and surcoat on you couldn't help but wonder if you looked somewhat odd. But dismissed the thought as Shou finally exited the building, carrying a spear in her hand and a box on her back you presume contains your armor.

You speak to her as she walks up to you. "Afternoon, are we all set to leave?"

"As far as I can gather, yes. But there are a few things we should go over"

Shou begins walking, once you've begun following, she continues. "First of all, as you cannot fly the trip to the Kappa village will be somewhat long. Given the time it would take to repair your armor I'd imagine it would be best if I return with Hijiri's purchase, then return to escort you back tonight."

"I'd hardly think it necessary, but given the state I was in when I arrived here I suppose you'd know better than me."

"I'm glad you've the wisdom to acknowledge it."

"I have only the wisdom I'm granted by my Lord."

Shou casts a curious glance toward you without breaking stride. "Religious?"

"I'd like to think so. In fact, the symbol upon my surcoat represents my order. The Holy Order of the Knights of St.John the Hospitalier."

"Your God wanted you to wear armor, and carry a sword?"

"In certain cases, yes. Essentially my order was founded to defend The Holy Land of our religion. For a time, those that were in control of it denied us our right to visit the holy places and pay respects to God."

"Ah...did you win?"

The gravity of the situation you had left the Holy Land in sinks onto your shoulders, a familiar weight. You can't quite say that you're happy to have left your brethren behind, especially considering what odds they faced.
Yet, terrible as it was for you to admit it; you had no strong desire to return to a war that had been lost long ago.

"No. We didn't."

_______________

You've lost track of time during your talks with Shou. Over a variety of topics, including some of the specifics of your Orders battles you've taken part in, her role at the Myouren Temple, and your travels in Gensokyo so far. You're fairly certain it hasn't been too long of a walk yet, and most likely you have a very long journey yet ahead. But the first landmark comes into view; the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Even from here, you can make out the figure of Meiling, still standing at the gate. Though it seems someone is with her this time; a young girl with blond hair.

"Did you want to stop by? We should have more than enough time to make it to the village before nightfall at this rate."

[] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here
[] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
>> No. 128696
[X] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here

Meilinging
>> No. 128697
[x] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here

Seems reasonable enough.
>> No. 128705
[x] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here
>> No. 128706
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.

Didn't Karesh say that Knightanon's mind would go crazy if he were to see Flandre?
>> No. 128707
[x] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here
>> No. 128709
[] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
It is important that our is fixed first. we can always talk to her on the return leg of the journey.
>> No. 128710
>>128706
I can't recall saying something like that, though just because I can't remember it, doesn't mean it's not true.

You might however be thinking of Demetrius. >>128547
>> No. 128714
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.

>"Human village? Why would i-...wait. You saw me? Over there? From here?"

>"I am an exceedingly alert guard. Now shush."
Thread one. If we can see Meiling, than she is already aware of us. And getting our armor fixed is more important than idle banter.
>> No. 128719
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.

I'm not quite sure how knightanon would react to Flandre. Or how Flandre would react to knightanon. Better to play it safe.
>> No. 128725
>>128710
Yes. I confused you two. Sorry about that.
In that case I change my vote to

[x] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here
>> No. 128726
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
-[x] Wave at her before passing through.
>> No. 128732
[X] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
>> No. 128738
[X] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here
>> No. 128743
[X] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here
>> No. 128744
[X] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.

She'd probably think we came for another challenge.
>> No. 128745
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
-[x] Wave at her before passing through.

She can see us afterall. Probably won't amount to much other than a few different lines but we can still be friendly, even at a distance.
>> No. 128752
[X] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
-[X] Wave at her before passing through.

This works well.
>> No. 128753
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
-[x] Wave at her before passing through.
>> No. 128758
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
-[x] Wave at her before passing through.
>> No. 128759
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
-[x] Wave at her before passing through.
>> No. 128769
[X] Yes, you're sure Meiling would appreciate knowing you've barely managed to survive your first day here.

She helped us a lot, it's only proper to let her know that we are still alive.
If we had wandered around to God-knows-where we could have been eaten by some horrible, ancient, many-armed and many-eyed beast in the woods.

On a side note:
Of all the blond girls in Gensokyo I doubt that Flandre, who is barely allowed out of the basement, would be outside and chatting with Meiling.
I think it's more likely that it's Marisa.
>> No. 128770
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
-[x] Wave at her before passing through.
>> No. 128785
Calling it for no with waving.
>> No. 128817
Aaaa! Damned be school I didn't get to vote
>> No. 128833
File 128941234087.jpg - (347.86KB , 940x1112 , b7a2cce9474499b9ffebe4f8843e1255.jpg ) [iqdb]
128833
[x] No, she's already busy with that girl. And even if it seems we'll have plenty of time now, one delay inevitably leads to the next.
-[x] Wave at her before passing through.

"For now I'd rather continue moving, if we stop by now there's a chance we'll be delayed further later on and end up stuck out here in the dark."

Shou seems content with your answer and continues walking, you follow along shortly after. But as you move further into what you'd guess would be Meiling's line of sight, you wave to her.

Meiling seems to spot you, breaking off from her conversation with the girl to wave back, the girl spins around and waves toward you as well, it's only for a moment; but you swear you'd seen a pair of sticks jutting out from her back.

__________________

The little girl floats into the air, trying to get a better look at the pair circumnavigating the lake

"Who's that? Is he coming here? Are you going to beat him up?!"

Meiling continues waving, her calm demeanour the perfect opposite of her over enthused companion. "That's the human from yesterday, remember?"

"Oh! Can I go say hi? Can I play with him?"
__________________


You're unsure whether it's your lack of armor, or some difference in the terrain on this side of the lake but walking has been far easier up till this point. Your foot will drag a bit every now and then, but you've managed to completely avoid getting stuck. Shou, on the other hand hasn't even had to deal with that much. Between what you can only describe as natural grace and being able to use her spear to balance, she's walking along the muddy shore as easily as the road.

She's been oddly quiet ever since you passed by the Mansion, and with nothing better to do you decide you may as well strike up another conversation if she won't. "Meiling is a Youkai, right? That's why she's so strong?"

"She is, but her strength isn't just from that."

"Oh? Is she stronger than you?"

"That's somewhat complicated. Meiling is physically more powerful, yes. But between Youkai and some of the more powerful humans, we prefer to solve disputes with more than physical strength."

"With magic?"

"Something of that sort."

"What makes the difference?"

"Lots of things, some are more important than others. But mostly it's a matter of either age, experience, and innate power
"So for example; that woman, Nazrin. She's a mouse? And that gives her...mouse powers?"

"Not universally, but more or less. If we're going by that, I would be a Tiger."

"Tiger?"

"Erm...A large cat? Like a Lion?"

"Ah! Lions. I see."

"Well, not exactly li-...Never mind. That's not important.
In any case, while Nazrin does have some sort of 'mouse power' in her ability to command mice, that's not to say that I, as a Tiger Youkai can command Tigers."

"So...Nazrin is a mouse, you are a 'Tiger', what's Meiling?"

"In her own words, a dragon."

"Dragon!? Large, scaly, winged monster that breaths fire?! Meiling's a dragon?!"

"In as much as Nazrin's a mouse and I'm a tiger."

___________

Passing through the lake area, you've now begun walking up the river. Thankfully the terrain is more solid, even with the rocky sections here and there its' far easier to traverse than the shores of the lake. The mountain which Shou has explained is rather plainly named "Youkai Mountain", is in clear view. Along the way, you've found that find that despite her earlier quietness, now that you've gotten Shou started on explaining things, it's almost impossible to get her to stop.

During the course of it you've learned of more things about what lives here, and how they interact than you could ever truly keep track of. Given your location, your curiosity piques whenever the conversation turns to something that she points out is close by, as the chances of running into a member of that species is great.
Some names you recognize, such as vampires, dragons or ghosts. But it seems for every one you've heard of, there are three or four more that sound utterly alien to you. The Kappa whom you are on your way to visit, the Tengu who live at the peak of the mountain, and a myriad of what Shou describes as more beastly Youkai that make their homes in the woods.

"-it's mainly because of those that we're travelling along the river. Even with its winding back and forth, between the Kappa and the Mansion, they associate the water as the territory of stronger beings, and thus avoid it."

"I assume normally you'd fly though, right?"

"Normally, yes."

"I must apologize for that, were it not for me you'd probably have been there and back by now."

"Don't worry about it. It's been...nice, to walk again. I'd practically forgotten what it's like to be down here near the forest after all the flying around we d-"

Shou freezes, you visibly notice her ears perk slightly before she abruptly drops the box containing your armor and leaps away from you and the river. She pauses for a moment, turning back and shouting "Wait here!"

By all rights, you should have simply complied. But you forget yourself for a moment and object. "What's going on?!"

"I hear something, and I can get there faster if I'm not concerned with protecting you! Now wait. Don't follow, don't move up the river, and don't go back to the lake. Wait."

With that, she's gone. Sprinted off deep into the woods, leaving you alone.

[] Wait
[] Follow
[] Keep moving up the river
>> No. 128834
[X] Wait

>"Oh! Can I go say hi? Can I play with him?"
Incoming Flan?
>> No. 128835
[x] Follow
We are not some crippled invalid, destined to sit on the sidelines. We still have our sword, and we still have our spirit. That is more than enough.
>> No. 128836
[x] Follow

if we Wait there will be a Dead or wounded tiger later on, so Assistance would be a good idea.
>> No. 128837
[x] Wait
Do as we're told. We don't know where she went, how to get there, what we could meet on the way there, she's far far stronger, she knows Gensokyo a lot better, she's flying dot dot dot. So many reasons why we should do as we're told... why be dumb and follow her then? We may just end up being in her way if we follow her and she ends up in a fight.
>> No. 128838
File 128941527955.jpg - (127.98KB , 381x611 , 1289387023799.jpg ) [iqdb]
128838
[x] Follow
>> No. 128839
>>128837
>dot dot dot.
Excuse me. What in the hell are you doing?

As to the rest of your poorly thought out reasoning's, there are just as many different reasons why we should follow her.

To list a few:
*We are concerned about her.
*We are a deadly warrior that can handle some critters in a forest, youkai or not.
*Helping her will get us en-route to the Kappa villa sooner.
>> No. 128842
>>128839
Poorly thought out. Hah. We were told to wait where it's relatively safe and you want to blindly charge into the forest armed with a pointy stick with more than half our armor missing, even though we don't know where she went. And she's might be flying

>dot dot dot.
I'm painting a picture. Making a scene.
>> No. 128843
>We are a deadly warrior that can handle some critters in a forest, youkai or not.

Did you forget the entire reason for this trip? Our armor was damaged by the first critters we found in Gensokyo and we nearly died.

Conventional training for warriors most likely handle fighting other warriors, we're not a hunter, we're a warrior, we're not used to fighting beasts, unless there's something about real knights that I've never heard about.
>> No. 128844
>>128839
Why would we be concerned about her? Nothing to be concerned about yet. And how will getting lost get us to the Kappa village faster?
>> No. 128845
>>128843
Actually, as a nobleman (and we are, no question about it) we would have learned to hunt during our childhood. Mind you, we're not trackers, nobles don't scramble around in the dirt looking for tracks, but we know how to hunt.

We might have learned how to track humans during our service however.
>> No. 128846
Hunting or not,
>Our armor was damaged by the first critters we found in Gensokyo and we nearly died.
>> No. 128847
>>128842
>armed with a pointy stick
Our "pointy stick" is a weapon over 500 years old. It has tons of history simply by existing, and therefore can slay youkai quite handily.

>>128843
>Our armor was damaged by the first critters we found in Gensokyo and we nearly died.
We didnt even fight the damn things. We literally fell over near death via plot-magic.

>>128844
>getting lost get us to the Kappa village faster?

We definitely aren't going anywhere without Shou, right? If we find her faster, we can get going faster. Simple logic.
>> No. 128850
Remember the part where that's what the creeps were supposed to do? Open old wounds?
Getting lost is not oh go make shitstorms elsewhere I'm done with refuting YOUR poorly thought through arguments. I don't care which option wins, I'd rather not drive off the writer and enjoy the story. Both have positive and negative sides anyway.
>> No. 128852
>>128850
Remember the part where we were walking around perfectly fine, had a full-on fight with Meiling, and than continued to walk on, all without our "old wounds" opening?

I remember, so your "point" about the creeps opening old wounds is utter bullshit. That is not how broken legs work.
>> No. 128854
>>128852
Reading back through it, there's specific mention of the wound returning from the attack, but all we ever get about the bones is the feeling of pain.

Maybe it works differently depending on the type or wound or something?
>> No. 128855
[X] Wait.

She knows more than we do about this place, and we trust her. Besides, we're a knight; we're most likely well-accustomed to being ordered around by generals and officers with a better idea of what's going on than the warriors do.
>> No. 128857
>>128852
but it's true, as it wasn't after his encounter with them that Knightanon's wound opened up again and his armor getting thrashed.

[x]Wait

As that one bad end showed, there's some really creepy things out there, and as it is, Knightanon isn't well prepared for combat. His wounds are still healing, his remaining armor damaged to the point of lowering his agility. Shou's a stage 5 boss and an avatar of a war god, she can handle herself far better alone than with Knightanon slowing her down. And last time I checked, Knightanon's name wasn't Leeroy Jenkins.
>> No. 128858
>"I hear something, and I can get there faster if I'm not concerned with protecting you! Now wait. Don't follow, don't move up the river, and don't go back to the lake. Wait."
I'll just leave this here
>> No. 128860
[x] Wait

Do as your told.
>> No. 128861
[x] Wait
>> No. 128867
[] Wait
We can follow orders.
>> No. 128870
[x] Wait
>> No. 128875
>>128847
Hell, Knightanon himself can be considered a being of much history. He's fought in the Holy Land, in the very Cradle of Civilization itself. For thousands of years, these blood stained grounds have seen men wage war and rebuild. At least some of that History should have rubbed off.

That said, we should definitively wait.

so [X] Wait.
>> No. 128876
[x]Wait

We decided to trust her and asked for her help. So we Wait.
>> No. 128878
[X] Wait

She has already run off somewhere and stumbling around trying to find her won't really help.
He might be worried about her, but he should be smart enough to realize that she can take care of herself better than he can. At least here in Gensokyo.

Sit tight and wait. If she isn't back within a reasonable amount of time, then he might go look for her.
That, or something happens to make it obvious that there's trouble. Like stray danmaku coming through the forest or something.
>> No. 128906
Wasn't it just one post ago that Nazrin asked us to help in case of a fight?

>"On this trip, lets say you encounter something or someone that tries to harm you, right?"
>"I'm not going to tell you to protect her from it, chances are Shou is a lot stronger than you anyway; but she's...soft. She won't want to kill whatever it is, and I want you to make sure that if it's something that needs to die, you're the one to do the deed."

[x] Follow

If merely for Nazrin's sake. Shou won't kill whatever it is, and it will probably end up hurting her if we're not there to lend an extra stab or two.

Or we could ignore this fact and shrug it off as mere coincidence.
>> No. 128919
[x] Follow but stay hidden
She can take care of 'it' but we need to finish it off. We promised
>> No. 128922
[X] Wait.

You stand still for a moment, unsure of whether to follow Shou or wait, but given the speed with which she vanished, you doubt you'd be able to catch her even if you tried.

There's a small rock near the shore you make use of as a chair. Staring intently toward the woods for any signs of activity.

______________

Left alone with nothing but the sounds of nature, your sword and your God you've quickly become incredibly bored, and are only able to pass the time with prayer. Normally, depending on the prayer you'd assume some position of fealty and close your eyes. But given the circumstances, you feel the Lord will forgive you for focusing more on keeping an eye out.

You're thankful to have done so when you catch sight of a familiar form; that of Shou calmly emerging from the woods with a stranger in tow. You stand and move to meet them, and thankfully from first glance it seems she and whomever she's with have escaped unharmed.
The stranger moves behind Shou upon sight of you, obscuring your view.

"I'm glad to see you've returned safely, Shou."

"I'm glad you didn't do anything foolhardy while I was gone. As it turns out, I ran into the very person we were on our way to meet."

You lean to the side, trying to get a glimpse at the person currently making a great effort to hide behind Shou. Besides the odd pack she seems to be wearing on her back, the only thing you can confirm about the stranger is that it's a woman. But given your track record so far, this isn't all that surprising. "This would be her, then?"

The girl peeks out from behind Shou, before slowly creeping her way out and into full view. Perplexed by why she seems so scared of you, you move to scratch your head. Only to finally realize; you've been wearing your helmet the entire time.

"Oh!" You exclaim before immediately pulling it off of your head. Unfortunately, by the time you've finished it seems she's taken cover behind Shou once again. It seems your exclamation has startled her.

Shou sees fit to explain. "This is Nitori. One of the Kappa I told you about."

"Is she normally so...jumpy?"

"Not to this degree, no."

"Ah; I'm just hideous. Helmet back on, then?"

You hear an audible chuckle from behind Shou, and when you look up toward her face you can see she's fighting back a grin. You silently thank one of your comrades, who had tried his damnedest to teach you his sense of humor.
It seems rather fitting that the only time his prattling has payed off is when the laws of reality are changing all around you.
________________________________________


With Nitori in company you've actually been able to skip a portion of your journey; apparently, the Kappa Village itself isn't where Nitori or any of the other crafts-kappa do their work.

"-basically, they didn't want us working all night, or having humans coming and going constantly. So we moved most of our workshops to a little place that the river splits off to."

"If you don't find it rude to ask, would someone there be able to repair a set of plate armor?"

"Oh, sure. You just need to find one of the guys that's covered in soot."

Ever since your introduction Nitori has almost entirely changed, from the timid girl she was to an friendly and inquisitive nightmare. You'd been barraged with question after question about your origin, the architecture of both your homeland and Jerusalem, and it was only after Shou had requested directions to her workshop that Nitori had been forced to give you a break.

Finally, however. You come into view of what Nitori calls the Kappa Trade-post. From what Nitori said, she's not going to be the one to fix your suit. So-

[] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith
[] Begin your search now
>> No. 128924
[x] Follow but stay hidden.

Remember what Nazrin said guys.
>> No. 128925
[X] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith.

We're gentlemen. We'll see to the lady's business before we attend our own.
>> No. 128929
[X] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith
>> No. 128931
[X] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith.

Its the proper thing to do.
>> No. 128933
[X] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith.
>> No. 128934
[X] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith
>> No. 128936
[X] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith.
>> No. 128943
[x] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith
>> No. 128946
>>128843
Well killing beasts and killing men are different, to make it worse there are super-natural beings.

But honor before reason:

[x] Follow and watch incognito
>> No. 128964
[x] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith.
sounds good.
>> No. 128968
[x] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith
>> No. 128987
[x] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith
I don't see why we should be making up new options when what we need is already there.
>Nitori has almost entirely changed, from the timid girl she was to an friendly and inquisitive nightmare.
Hahaa~
>> No. 128988
File 128948261233.gif - (930.63KB , 210x118 , 1271620851268.gif ) [iqdb]
128988
>>128987
>an
>> No. 128993
[x] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith
>> No. 129006
[X] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith.
>> No. 129010
>>128988
I know I noticed. I copypastad it and didn't feel the need to correct it.
>> No. 129011
>>129010
Oh no, I was just expressing displeasure at having missed it on the proofread.
>> No. 129013
The table flip gave it away
I'm just providing useless intel.
>> No. 129039
File 128951479482.gif - (68.84KB , 550x400 , 8d1323fe3652a9266fbd795ccff71876.gif ) [iqdb]
129039
[x] Accompany Shou for now, see her off and then go about finding a blacksmith

You and Nitori take the lead during your short tour of the area, she points out shops, giving you not only the name of the shop and the owner, but her personal opinion of their services. Ranging from incredibly useful insight, to utterly useless facts about the owners current relationships.

"What about that one?"

"Blue sign? Green lettering?"

"Yeah."

"Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."

"Personal safety?"

"I'm pretty sure I heard someone screaming about a broken leg the other day."

Mentally checking that one off the list of potential choices, you realize that through all of this time Shou has been rather quiet. For a moment when you glance back, you see she's nursing her left arm, but once she sees you looking at her she immediately stops. A mixture of curiosity and concern causes you to ask the obvious question. "What's wrong with your arm?"

"Nothing."

Nitori spins around, helpfully chiming in. "While she was saving me...one of them pushed her into a tree before they ran away."

"Really? Why didn't you say anything?"

"It's nothing for you to worry about."

"Even if it's not serious, you shouldn't be putting extra strain on it. Give me the armor, I'll carry it."

Shou shoots a glare toward Nitori, apparently she didn't quite want you knowing about her injury. But after a moment she complies, handing the box containing your armor to you.
_________


It's on Nitori's insistence that you wait outside of her workshop, with nothing to do but go over the various shops and persons you had seen during the tour. The difference between one or the other might mean nothing, or it could be what the difference between life and death.

Before you can come to a decision, Shou emerges from the store carrying a rather large white box attached to her back by straps, you can see a variety of strange pictures on the outside, but there's nothing you can recognize or connect the images to.

"Are you sure you'll be alright carrying that?"
"It's lighter than it looks, and without you to slow me down I'll be home in no time."

You can't help but feel a slight sting in the tone of her voice when she referenced you. Taking it as a sign that you shouldn't annoy her any further you reluctantly step away with a sigh. Shou lifts off from the ground, it's hard to believe; but it seems she really wasn't lying about being faster in the air. Before you know it, she's already cleared the outpost and is soon well out of sight.

With Shou gone, you finally notice Nitori has stepped out of her shop, and is holding a small slip of paper.

"What's that?"

She holds it out toward you. "Favor token. It's...sort of like our currency.
We all work because we love what we do, so nobody really feels like taking human money for the jobs we want to do. But if you give this to the right person, they'll put more priority on your armor."

Some small part of you wonders how a society could have not only survived, but thrived on the principle of everyone just doing whatever they want. But you push it aside and take the token.
Now all that remains is where to go, judging by what Nitori told you the best place would be-

[X] No visible signs "Kinda boring, but he's always gotten everything done exactly as I asked. Can't really complain about that, can I?"

[X] Explosion "I was working on this big big big project, asked him to make part of it, and somehow he managed to add a gun...Still fit, though!"

[X] A giant picture of what you assumed was the owner "Kinda...full of himself. Don't be surprised if your stuff comes back with his 'Upgrades', and a 'Seal of approval' imprinted somewhere."

[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
>> No. 129042
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."

Powered armor?
>> No. 129047
[X] No visible signs "Kinda boring, but he's always gotten everything done exactly as I asked. Can't really complain about that, can I?"

We're a knight. We don't need anything fancy for our armor.
>> No. 129049
[X] POWER ARMOR
>> No. 129050
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
The sooner we're done the sooner we can get back to the temple.
>"Even if it's not serious, you shouldn't be putting extra strain on it. Give me the armor, I'll carry it."
Why the fuck did we have her carry it in the first place?
>> No. 129053
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."

Hopefully, if pneumatics are added, they'll be properly calibrated so we don't accidentally rip our own limbs off.
>> No. 129054
Of the choices are:

Normal repairs

Repairs with an extra gun.

Repairs with the owner's stamp and his modifications

Powered armor

I'll think a bit before i vote.
>> No. 129059
File 12895185409.png - (80.30KB , 229x154 , PoweredBattleArmor.png ) [iqdb]
129059
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
>> No. 129061
[X] Explosion "I was working on this big big big project, asked him to make part of it, and somehow he managed to add a gun...Still fit, though!"
>> No. 129062
[X] A giant picture of what you assumed was the owner "Kinda...full of himself. Don't be surprised if your stuff comes back with his 'Upgrades', and a 'Seal of approval' imprinted somewhere."
>> No. 129064
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
Medieval powered armor? Sign me up!
>> No. 129065
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."

She seemed to favor this one
>> No. 129073
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."

>>Enclave power armor
>>YES.
>> No. 129077
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
>> No. 129078
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
>> No. 129086
[X] Explosion "I was working on this big big big project, asked him to make part of it, and somehow he managed to add a gun...Still fit, though!"
>> No. 129090
>>129073
Hell with then, go go BoS T-45d. Keep it old school.


[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."


Just played New Vegas so im getting giddy for some power armor
>> No. 129094
>>129090
Can't go wrong with old school. Although there is something to be said for the Emperor's Champion artificer armour.

Oh, by the by, the Hospitaliers are also known as good doctors, even in the time of the Crusades. So, we're a warrior-monk-doctor.
>> No. 129095
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
>> No. 129099
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."

If we can be taken out by the weakest of youkai then we need something to even the odds.
>> No. 129114
[X] No visible signs "Kinda boring, but he's always gotten everything done exactly as I asked. Can't really complain about that, can I?"

While it's more boring compared to power armor, at least Knightanon won't have to be retrained in how to use his armor.
>> No. 129117
T-51b or T-45d?
>> No. 129125
>>129117
T-45d plus ballistic fist. It's what I have Veronica use.
>> No. 129130
T-51b is the only option.
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
>> No. 129133
A T-45b has a strength enhancement.
But a T-51 has no agility penalty and an increase to charm.
Choices choices
>> No. 129134
>>129133
>>charm
>>harem

OUR CHOICE IS CLEAR.
>> No. 129138
>harem
>devout knight
>> No. 129141
[X]Shop around; just because we need to get it fixed doesn't mean we shouldn't take a look at all of the options we have before we make a choice.

Why not steampunk power armor with a gun on it? Besides, if we have multiple smiths working on it, it'll get done faster.
>> No. 129144
[X] No visible signs "Kinda boring, but he's always gotten everything done exactly as I asked. Can't really complain about that, can I?"

I imagine we're more likely to become empowered if we stay as like this. Also, all those other options are pretty dildoes.
>> No. 129146
>>129090 here

>>129117
If the power armor option does win, definitely go with the T-45d power armor. Possibly since it's Kappa technology and with the "favor" currency we can get a suit of it without the agility penalty AND maybe add the charm from the T-51b helmet.

Because while I love the stats of the T-51b in Fallout and while there's not too much design difference between the two suits. I just friggin' love the T-45d a lot more, especially the helmet design.

Now also if this DOES go through it needs to look pristine and sporting a paint job with accessories fitting for a Knight of his Order.
>> No. 129147
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."
>> No. 129162
Okay, powered armor doesn't bother me that much but if you have the same goddamn helmet then it's just retarded. We're aren't in the arid wastes of a post-apocalyptic setting. It's the verdant green fields and beautiful rolling hills and forests of Gensokyo.

This power armor better have a goddamn surcoat. And be shiny and silver. Not dirt colored.
>> No. 129174
>>129146
The Power Armours better be like in Fallout 1 and 2, where you were a goddamn juggernaut inside of them. I mean, I like the T51b as much as the next guy, but in Fallout 3 Power Armours feel like they're made of paper macher and have holes everywhere. (Where's the NBC protection?! This is a sealed armour!)

So, yeah. And we better keep a old Norman style helmet. Because we're a Knight.
>> No. 129179
[X] No visible signs "Kinda boring, but he's always gotten everything done exactly as I asked. Can't really complain about that, can I?"

Austerity and modesty as I'd expect from a Hospitalier Knight.
>> No. 129187
>>129174
How is power armor in Fallout New Vegas?
>> No. 129193
>>129187
Hell if I know. I haven't the time to buy and play it. Work to be done, exams to study for, subject for Masters to find.
>> No. 129253
[x] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
>> No. 129255
File 128961840040.jpg - (94.79KB , 500x950 , ac-hospitaller-knight.jpg ) [iqdb]
129255
[X] "Fantastic blacksmith, and a genius with pneumatics. Terrible with personal safety though. If you go there, don't stick around long."

You point toward the store down the road, directing Nitori's attention to it. "I have to admit, your explanation of that store left me somewhat confused."

"If you need a list of potential hazards, I've got one somewhere in the shop."

"No, no. Not tha-...actually, that would help. But there's something else."

"What?"

"Nitori....what in the name of God is a pneumatic?"
_________________________________________

For the next eight minutes, Nitori breathlessly unleashed a rambling explanation of pnuematics. Eventually you were able to come to a conclusion about the subject; you had no idea what she was talking about, and once Nitori finally noticed this, she helpfully summed the entire science up for you;
"Air makes things go back and forth."
With this in mind, you decided on checking the store out. It's possible the owner might be able to somehow integrate his work into your armor.

As you step through the front door, you slip your helmet on. Dividing your attention between reading the notes Nitori had given you and glancing around for any signs of danger. The room ahead is filled with various pipes, open flames and objects you can't even begin to describe or understand. It seems that every flat surface has become a refuge for tools, spare parts and boxes.The box in the back of the room that appears to be on fire catches your attention rather quickly. However, according to the note, you don't need to worry about it unless the fire turns blue.
On the other hand, the steam emitting from the pipe above you means to get away from the door, very quickly. Taking the advice of the note you step forward toward the counter, ringing the bell a few times to try and get the attention of the owner.
Almost immediately, a loud clatter can be heard from somewhere out of sight. It's followed quickly by someone from the rear of the store shouting. "What d'ya want?! I'm busy!"

You quickly shout back, not wanting to waste the shopkeepers time: "I'm looking for a blacksmith! I need someone to repair my armor!"

Another clattering, it lasting longer this time; you suppose he's making his way to the front of the store.

You stare at the area you think you've heard the sounds coming from, waiting for him to emerge.
Unfortunately, your focus makes it all the more surprising when the pipe above you erupts in noise, steam bursting forth from seemingly every opening, even with your bare knowledge of the workings of the devices you know what it means; pressure building.

At almost the exact moment you contemplate escaping the building and seeking aid elsewhere, the chaos within the pipe halts entirely. The sounds of the shop collapse into an almost eery silence.
It's then that a man with a large turtle shell upon his back bursts forth from the pipe, landing right on the counter in front of you.

Without regarding you in the slightest, he pulls a small notepad from his back pocket and begins marking something down. You can hear him muttering, presumably mirroring the words he's writing. "Pipes...too...small...Additionally, humans are apparently agitated by the prospect of explosion.
Keep this in mind for upcoming "Human away" project."


He hops down from the counter, a man or more probably a Kappa who stands a full head shorter than you, covered in a mixture of oil, sweat and some green viscous substance.

"Right then, what can I do for ya?"

"...uh...armor? Repair?"

"Right. I'll need to ask a few questions before I can get started, first; why should I care?"

You hold the slip of paper Nitori had given you out to him, after a quick examination he tilts his head. "Who gave you this then?"

"Nitori."

"Ah! Great girl. Good at dodging. Bit off in the head, though.

Anyway! Second! How would you feel about your armor allowing you to bend strong metals with your hands?"

"I...suppose I'd rather like that. Why?"

"Third! If in the event the fancy strikes me, do I or do I not have permission to dramatically modify your armor and not tell you about it?"

"No!"

"What if I tell you about it, then?"

"Beforehand."

"You drive a hard bargain, metalhead."
_________________________________

After a lengthy negotiation with the man, who seemed rather eager to have you destroyed under the weight of what he described as the greatest non practical warfare platform ever conceived, you'd eventually managed to get Nitori involved in the conversation, who managed to convince him to tone it down to his "most non lethal to user package".
As reassuring as that was, you still got the feeling you'd be doing a lot of praying within the upcoming days.

For now, however, you'd decided to rest. After being stripped of your armor and even the chain-mail you'd found a quiet spot by the nearby river, and whittled away the few remaining hours of the day with some rest.
____________

Your nap is disturbed almost as soon as it begins, the tell-tale sound of something touching down behind you, your eyes shoot open immediately, and you stare up into a pair of red eyes, half hidden under blond hair.

"Hi! Meiling told me not to play with you, but I wanted to anyway.
So; wanna play?"

[] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."

[] "Perhaps tomorrow? I'm rather enjoying the peace and quiet for the moment."
>> No. 129256
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"

Most excellent; now things get interesting. Yay Flandre!
>> No. 129257
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"
>> No. 129260
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"

Poor, poor, well-meaning Knightanon.
>> No. 129261
[x] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[x] "Who might you be?"
Play with her.
>> No. 129262
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"

Rumia or a Flan?
>> No. 129263
[┼] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[┼] "Who might you be?"

>>129262
>Rumia or a Flan?
A wild Flandre has appeared!
>> No. 129264
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"

Hopefully Sir Knight won't break. Still whenever Flandre "plays" is it always destructive?
>> No. 129269
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"

Knightanon's getting Kyu~'d.
>> No. 129274
[X] "Perhaps tomorrow? I'm rather enjoying the peace and quiet for the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"
>> No. 129283
[x] >>129274

Not sure if playing with an insane vampire loli is a good idea.
>> No. 129293
[X] "Perhaps tomorrow? I'm rather enjoying the peace and quiet for the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"
>> No. 129302
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"

>>129283
Yeah, but HE doesn't know that.
All he sees is a little girl who's asking if he wants to play with her.
>> No. 129314
[X] "Perhaps tomorrow? I'm rather enjoying the peace and quiet for the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"
>> No. 129323
[x] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
This is going to fail spectacularly.

>>129302
Between flying and talking about Meiling Knightnon should be able to figure it out.
>> No. 129329
[x] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment.
>> No. 129349
>>129302
>All he sees is a little girl who's asking if he wants to play with her.

If you know what I mean.
>> No. 129352
[x] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment.
>> No. 129357
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"

> Poor, poor, well-meaning Knightanon.
Indeed. Indeed.
>> No. 129369
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."
[X] "Who might you be?"
>> No. 129376
File 128969527639.jpg - (1.02MB , 1000x1500 , bb95a49e7b5e1eb61b905191b72642e2.jpg ) [iqdb]
129376
[X] "Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment."

You push yourself up, sitting straight before turning yourself around to address the girl properly. It's only when you do so, do you get a full look at her features. More specifically, you notice the pair of stick-like wings on her back, each with a set of baubles hanging down.
The sight of her wings reminds you that you've already seen this girl once, she was talking with Meiling in front of the Mansion as you'd passed by, and whats more she's mentioned Meiling just now.
Any friend of Meiling's is a friend of yours, right?

"Of course, young lady. I've naught better to do with my time at the moment, however...I must ask; who are you?"

The girl hops back from you, it seems she's rather happy at the news that you'll play with her, as she does a polite curtsy while she responds: "Flandre Scarlet, it's a great pleasure to meet with you, Sir Knight."

You rise to your feet, at full height you tower over Flandre, who looks to be no older than eleven. "My, you're quite polite for such a young girl."

"I'm four hundred and ninety six."

"...Ah.
If you'll allow me a few more questions before we begin, what are you then, Flandre?"

"I'm A Flandre."

"Yes, I'm aware of that. But what is a Flandre?"

"A vampire."

"A What?"

Flandre seems to ponder this question for a moment, but only responds with a halfhearted shrug.

"Don't know. It's just what my sister calls us."

"Well then, Flandre. What sort of game did you have in mind?"

Flandre takes another hop back, the distance between you has grown considerably. You're half expecting her to declare you 'it' and run off before you have a chance to catch her. "I was thinking what you and Meiling did yesterday looked really fun, so I want to try it too!"

Four hundred and ninety six or not, you have some severe issues with engaging in a sword fight against a girl half your size. At the same time however you can't quite bring yourself to refuse her outright, so you try an alternative tactic: "I'd love to, milady. However from what I know, between us we have but the one sword. We would need two, yes?"

Flandre hovers into the air, holding a few feet off the ground as she stretches out her right hand to the side. "I thought you might say that." From what seems to be out of her own shadow, an odd staff of some sort slips into her hand, she hefts it over her head, as if preparing to slam it down upon you, despite the considerable distance between yourself and her.

You slide a foot to the rear and dip your body toward the ground, it's not an ideal guard for a knight, but without your armor it will at the least allow you to dodge. You grip the hilt of your sword, ready for whatever it is Flandre is about to unleash.

The edge of the staff Flandre has begins to shift, even at this distance you can quite clearly notice the changes. The Most strikingly, you can spot some sort of hand guard begin to jut out, and soon you see why; with Flandre floating above the ground, you can clearly see the edge of a large sword creep its way toward the ground from behind her.

"LAEVATEIN!" In the moment Flandre screams fire erupts, engulfing Flandre! But before you have even a moment to react, to save this poor girl from the flame, her sword comes crashing out from behind the wall of fire.

You respond as years of training and experience compel you to respond, a short hop to the side. More than enough to clear the distance between you and the blade. It crashes into the ground you had just been standing over, smashing the rock and dirt apart.

You glance back toward the ball of fire, which is already beginning to dissipate. Flandre has moved slightly closer, but even still; her blade is at least ten feet in length. That she can carry it at all, let alone wield it as she seems to be doing defies every logical convention of strength you can conceive.

She draws the blade up again, it noticeably shortens as she moves it to her side, becoming no longer than your own. She laughs with all the innocence and glee of a child playing tag before shouting out to you over the crackle of what fire remains: "Wow! This is fun! Okay, your turn!"

[] It's your turn, time to attack!
[] "Taking turns isn't the way a duel is to be fought! Attack as you will, Flandre, and I shall do the same!"
[] Run.
>> No. 129379
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
We're fucked now. Ooh we're so fucked now.

>[] "Taking turns isn't the way a duel is to be fought! Attack as you will, Flandre, and I shall do the same!"
Any other brilliant ideas? She doesn't need our help figuring it out we're going to have trouble dealing with her as it is.
>[] Run.
Hahaha haha hahahahaa, no. Predator&prey game? God knows what could happen.
>> No. 129380
>"I'm A Flandre."
Oh god.

[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite random passages from the bible. Maybe pray to God and ask for a Miracle.

Well, time to go down with Style. If we can't beat some low level Youkai in the forest i doubt we can fight with a Flandre.
Too bad that i have no idea what stands in the Bible or else i would tell exactly what he should say.
>> No. 129381
>>129380
This is likely the only option left. We need a miracle, Lord, stat.
>> No. 129382
>>129381
Was that a vote?
>> No. 129384
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite Psalm 144. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.
>> No. 129387
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite Psalm 144. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.

Considering we couldn't even beat Meiling, we definitely need a miracle of epic proportions against Flandre. We're totally going against the boss order here. 2nd boss and it's already a EX stage boss.
>> No. 129388
>>129387
Well, considering that we lost in Meiling's strongest area, which is certainly not Flandre's strongest area, we might stand a chance. After all, Meiling's the Touhou who can actually stand her ground in a martial contest without also being an oni.

That said,
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
>> No. 129389
>>129382
So it seems, yes?

I'll make it official then.
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite random passages from the bible. Maybe pray to God and ask for a Miracle.
There you go.
>> No. 129394
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite Psalm 144. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.

Stealing this option from Anon. It's too good not to use.
>> No. 129396
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite Psalm 144. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.

Save me, Sanae!
>> No. 129413
Not voting just yet, but
>a short hop to the side. More than enough to clear the distance between you and the blade.

Seems to imply if Knightanon can dodge it once nothing's stopping him from doing so again. Seems like letting her go wild for a bit might be a better idea than getting close to her and her bigass sword.
>> No. 129415
[X] It's your turn, time to attack!

We'll have to pay attention when it's her turn to attack; she'll doubtlessly use different angles so we can't keep dodging the same way.
>> No. 129427
[x] Your turn!
>> No. 129429
[X] It's your turn, time to attack!
>> No. 129432
[┼] It's your turn, time to attack!
[┼] Recite Psalm 144. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.

Maybe God will spontaneously appear & make Knightanon some sort of blessed warrior? What? It could happen!Or not.
>> No. 129433
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite Psalm 144. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.
>> No. 129434
>>129432
Well, it's Gensokyo. Anything is possible.

[┼] It's your turn, time to attack!
[┼] Recite Psalm 144... In latin. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.
>> No. 129444
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite Psalm 144. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.
>> No. 129450
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite random passages from the bible. Maybe pray to God and ask for a Miracle.
Might as well, hard to imagine how we're getting out of this alive otherwise. Also
Flandre
A Flandre
Two Flandre
Three Flandre
But never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre, never four Flandre
>> No. 129455
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Pray for a Miracle.

Since Flandre believes this is all a game and doesn't understand what a duel is or how it works, maybe Knightanon could bluff his way out of this.
Fight herJust try not to get killed for a few "turns" and then claim that she won the game. Congratulate her on her victory and then excuse himself, because he has important but really boring business to attend to.
>> No. 129464
>>129389
It makes it a fair bit easier for me to tally the votes and keep what's discussion or not from being muddled.
>> No. 129467
>>129455
She already fought against people when Reimu beat up the SDM.
>then claim that she won the game.
I don't think that is how this will work out. It is doubtful that Flandre will just accept Victory that easily. At least not as long as he is looking healthy and stands on his own two feet.
She just does not know when to stop.
>> No. 129471
>>129467
Yeah, I'm not saying he should just go "congratulations, you won". He'd need to make it seem reasonable. Take a grazing hit and explain that duels are usually fought to first blood, or something like that. Dangerous, but better than being smashed into the ground.
He has no chance of beating her, and she doesn't know when to stop. His only reasonable chance of survival, barring outside interference, is convincing her that the game is over.
>> No. 129472
>>129471
How do you convince someone that the fight is over with their Victory if the other Party is hellbent on fighting and just the thought of fighting until you can't anymore is all that is on their mind? A oh shit a graze hit you won is not going to do it.
Either beat her or hold out long enough until something happens that will make her stop. Only good that he has enough experience with holding out long enough against overwhelming odds.
>> No. 129473
>>129472.
He has no chance of beating her. He is just a regular human, after all.

I see four possible outcomes for him:
1. He waits for someone to interfere.
2. He tries a bluff and she doesn't fall for it. Wait for someone to interfere.
3. She does fall for such a bluff, he survives and learns to be more careful around little girls.
4. He dies, or is at least seriously injured before Flandre decides that the game isn't fun anymore.

Sure, bluffing might not work, but it's better than just hoping for a deus ex machina. If nothing else, it buys a little time so that option #1 is a few seconds closer than if he just keeps trading attacks with her.
>> No. 129474
>>129473
Confess undying Love.
>> No. 129477
>>129474
I think that's 2 & 3, "try to bluff her".
>> No. 129480
File 128975814084.jpg - (559.04KB , 1300x1455 , 39f4e29b286c3189ed1fbabadde16680.jpg ) [iqdb]
129480
[x] It's your turn, time to attack!
[x] Recite Psalm 144. Pray to God and ask for a Miracle.

Flandre stares at you with an expression of expectant glee, it's obvious she's eager to see how you measure up to what she's heard of you, and even if you're already quite sure you'll be losing the duel in some way or another, it won't do to disappoint her.

You draw your blade, gripping the hilt in both hands. If she truly intends to take this by turns, you've no need for defense at the moment, only the one quick strike required to draw blood. With this in mind, you begin to creep to the side, slowly pacing a circle around Flandre, occasionally taking a step toward her.

Flandre spins in place, watching you with curiosity. It seems she'd expected you to charge straight toward her. But given that she's patiently waiting for you to move anyway, you take your time.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"

You're close enough now, you step in, swinging in from the side toward Flandre! But as you move Flandre impales her sword into the ground and ducks behind it, you struggle against the guard for a moment, but much like Meiling you can feel an inhuman amount of strength holding you back. Which makes it all the more unfortunate that unlike Meiling, Flandre is quite clearly not intent on restraining herself for your sake.

You draw back, jumping away from Flandre as quickly as you can. It's clear she's strong, but you're fast enough to get away.

Flandre stays put, floating in place. She lays hands upon the hilt of her sword and tugs it forth from the ground, then swings it back over her shoulder. You presume she's going to be using the same kind of attack as before, however even with the length of her blade all you need do is avoid the edge, but once you have; the process will repeat, and you're not willing to bet on Flandre tiring before you do. It's a risk to be sure, but the only way for you to succeed is to be within a reasonable distance to counter attack before Flandre can regain her guard. You grip your hilt, waiting for her to begin. Determination and adrenaline keep your hand and heart steady as the flames once again begin to build up around Flandre. Not wanting to wallow in the silence of the moment, you continue your prayer:
"He is my loving God, and my fortress. My stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me."

Flandre draws herself back for the attack, and you charge forth in return. Despite the apparent danger of the situation you can't help but be caught up in how happy Flandre seems to be, and though you might not ever admit it: ever since Shou had considered you such a liability that she had ordered you to wait by the river rather than aid her, you'd felt somewhat useless.

"LAEVATEIN "

Fire runs forth from the blade; engulfing Flandre, and then you.
Even still, you are not burned. The fire is hot to be sure, but not anywhere near the temperature you'd expected. It passes right over you and beyond; the only way to describe it is a wall. A solid block of flame that moved straight past you without pause. Was it meant to do that? Had Flandre held the fires back from you somehow, or was this a blessing of God? The miracle you'd prayed for?

From outside the wall your vision had been obscured, but now you can see Flandre clearly. She's hefting the sword above her head, staring straight at you.
You move forth, pulling your blade back in preparation for the counter attack you'll visit upon her after you dodge her overhead swing.


Flandre slips the sword off of her shoulder, holding it to her side before lowering to the ground. You've severely underestimated her fighting sense, as she's switched from an overhead strike to a sweeping motion. Were she still floating you might be able to duck under it, but as it is Flandre will cleave you cleanly in two!

You backpedal quickly, trying to get back out of Flandre's attack range in time. But she pursues, floating low to the ground at a fast pace. It's slight, but the difference in your speeds is there; she'll catch up and then attack if something doesn't change. Your mind races, years of experience, training, battle and war! There must be something you can do to change the outcome! You need a miracle! You need-

"Time out!"

What?
"What?!"

Flandre has stopped chasing you, the fires that had followed her blade die almost immediately, and you notice that she's staring toward the woods nearby, floating slightly higher as if to get a better view of something. Following her gaze...there's nothing.

You look back to Flandre, who has extended an arm towards the woods. Without the crackle of flames consuming your hearing, you can make out her muttering: "Where, oh where is yours...Ah!"

She wrenches her hand back, as though she were pulling something away. She stares at her hand for a moment, before crushing whatever invisible object had caught her intention.
A primordial roar of pain erupts from within the woods at the same moment, it's quite clearly from a beast of some sort that you can't recognize, or even draw a comparison to. Flandre, seemingly quite content with whatever in Gods name had just happened, turns back to you.

"Okay, finished. You ready?"

"Uh...What? What just happened?!"

"Oh! There was something in the woods. I think it wanted to eat the loser, but I didn't want it eating you, so I got rid of it."

You take a step back from Flandre, the gravity of her strength combined with the apparent ability to destroy beings from a distance with the slight effort she had displayed is utterly terrifying, and you quickly come to regret taking that step, as she seems to take it as indication that you're ready to start once again.

She hefts the sword over her head once more, a mere moment ago you'd arrogantly contemplated victory, you'd partially thought of this as just another duel, a game. You'd really been having fun for a time. However now, the full weight of how dangerous Flandre could be if she were to lose control of herself hits you. You'd prayed for a Miracle once already, but now you truly would need one, not for victory but just to escape her unharmed.

Flandre rushes forth, prepared to strike down upon your head, and for the first time in your life you know true fear; you wince, close your eyes and prepare to meet your Lord. Instead of the sound of the sword cutting through air, or another explosion of fire, all you hear is a loud slam.

You crack an eye open to try and see why; Flandre is standing right in front of you, arms still held over her head. But she's not swinging down. Did she stop? No..she looks just as confused as you do, she tugs at the hilt a few times, but something is preventing it from being swung.

"Lady Flandre...I think that's quite enough for today, don't you?"

"Meiling!" Flandre shouts, spinning around and releasing her sword. As she floats away from you, the situation becomes clear, Meiling was standing behind Flandre; a foot planted onto the sword, forcing it into the ground.

You collapse backward as relief hits you. You've been saved! It's a miracle!

"Can we do that again? He's really fun!"

Meiling leans over your head, getting a look at your face. "Even if you've been having fun, I don't think he has."

"I haven't! What is she?! Why is she here?!"

Flandre, as unhelpfully joyful as ever chimes in from out of your line of sight: "I already told you! I'm a vampire!"

Meiling glances away, presumably toward Flandre. "She saw you and I having our duel the other day...I don't think she quite understood what the rules were."

"You think?!"

"Oh calm down, you're fine. She didn't even scratch you."

"Not for lack of trying..."

Meiling offers out a hand to you, pulling you to your feet before whispering in your ear [/i]"If it makes you feel any better, I've been following her since she left the mansion."[/i]

"Then why did you let her try to kill me?

"She wasn't really so much trying to...she just has a high probability of killing something accidentally. Besides, I would've stepped in whenever it was clear you couldn't go on anymore."

Meiling claps her hands together, in what you gather to be an apologetic gesture "I'm sorry for letting it go this far, and I can understand if you're angry with me, but she really just doesn't know any better."

[] Forgive both
[] Forgive Meiling, but not Flandre
[] Forgive Flandre, but not Meiling
[] Forgive neither
>> No. 129482
[x] Forgive both

I can't be mad at them, Meiling can certainly handle Flandre if she were to go overboard a bit, also Flandre was just trying to play anyways. She's just a bit....rough is all.
>> No. 129483
>"Where, oh where is yours...Ah!"
Now we know what would have happend if we had tried to run away.
>You've been saved! It's a miracle!
Hallalujah!

[x] Forgive both
[x] Thank the Lord.
>> No. 129484
[X] Forgive both

Despite being almost five hundred years old Flandre is still just a little girl who honestly though it was all just a game.
Meiling should have stopped her from attacking him in the first place, but it is quite obvious that things aren't that easy.
He's probably not happy about this but in the end, nothing really happened.

Besides, I'm sure Knightanon should know the Lord's prayer. I'm thinking of these lines:
"And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us;"

(Not sure about how accurate that wording is, since I'm not a Christian myself and I've never heard it in English so I just googled it.
But you get my point.)
>> No. 129485
[x] Forgive both
Pretty certain forgiveness is part of the faith along with all the other things. Besides, no real harm done, and new information was gained. Plus excercise.
>> No. 129486
[x] Forgive both.
>> No. 129487
>>129483
[x] Forgive both
[x] Thank the Lord.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. He delivered us from danger by making sure Meiling was in a position to help us.
>> No. 129488
>>129487
>>129486
http://www.touhou-project.com/gensokyo/res/6052.html#6101
>> No. 129489
[x] Forgive both
[x] Thank the Lord.

That went better than how most encounters with Flandre tend to go, honestly.
>> No. 129490
>>129488
Thank you. No need to make THP into a Police State and use SS Methods in upkeeping order. Setting Rule is fine but being too strict is bad too.
>> No. 129491
[x] Forgive both
[x] Thank the Lord.

We need our power armor before we can take on these small children.

....that sound terrible. but true. even if the children are easily ten times our senior.
>> No. 129492
[x] Forgive both
>> No. 129493
[x] Forgive both
[x] Thank the Lord.
>> No. 129494
>>129488
just for the record >>129486 is actually an author in /sdm, hence his usage of a name and tripcode is justified.
The other guy just wants to use a name, just be grateful that he isn't RP'ing again...

[x] Forgive both
>> No. 129496
>>129488
Anon fails at checking before randomly calling out people on points like this.
>> No. 129497
>>129490

Anon is being too nice. Stop capitalizing random words.

>>129491

Learn how English works.

>>129496

He did nothing wrong.
>> No. 129498
[x] Forgive both
[x] Thank the Lord.

Forgiveness is a big part of the Christian faith; he may be a warrior, but he knows they didn't mean any harm. Also, Matthew 18:21-35.
>> No. 129499
>>129496
Checking what? He pointed out that they were posting with names, and it was specifically requested by moderators that this NOT be done. Unless you have something to elaborate.
>> No. 129500
>>129497
Wrong at least one of those people he called out writes a story. While using a name in a story written by someone else isn't tolerated anon failed to realize the guy at least posts stuff instead of using a name just to look cool.
>> No. 129501
>>129500
I don't know why voting with your Writing Name is supposed to be bad. Sway voters and make them vote for what you did?
Certainly, this may have worked ages ago but not now. Serial Ata is voting with his Name too all the time. And that is only to name one.

Writer always got away with more shit than the normal Voters here. This is a simple fact because they just write what we want to read. So we just looked the other way for a time when they behaved stupid or did stupid things while trying to nicely show them that is not the thing to do.
I would get myself banned before telling Sata or Taisa to fuck off and not vote with trip or something else.
>> No. 129503
>>129494
>>129496
>>129500
You fail at reading. The linked post specifically states that even writers shouldn't use their names when voting.
>> No. 129505
Guys can you stop arguing about something completely unrelated to the story?

[x] Forgive both
-[x]Playful pout, act angry
[x] Thank the Lord.
>> No. 129511
>>129503
The thing is that while it's highly advised that they don't, it really isn't entirely enforced either. It's not like doing so is a bannable offense.
>> No. 129519
>>129511
Even still the administrator suggested it, and I did nothing except for point toward the post.
Truthfully if they wish to continue they're free to as far as I'm capable of enforcing it. But I felt it a courtesy to at the least inform them of the Administrator's feelings on the matter.
>> No. 129543
[x] Forgive both
[x] Thank the Lord.

>>129498
As this post has said, a big part of Christianity is forgiveness, and kudos for showing the exact passage Matthew 18:21-35.
>> No. 129548
>>129543
It's just one of the passages where Jesus speaks on Forgiveness, IIRC; there's also Matthew 5:39 (the famous "turn the other cheek" passage), though it's talking about forgiveness in the context of forbidding vengeful behavior by individual people, instead of taking their grievances to the courts.

http://bible.cc/matthew/5-39.htm
>> No. 129549
[x] Forgive both
>> No. 129552
[x] Forgive both
[x] Thank the Lord.

Tongue in cheek:
[x] Pray we don't run out of bombs, since we just had to use one.
>> No. 129572
>>129519
And so I (that called myself Bentusi Tradeship) shall respect the wishes of the Administrator of these forums/posting boards. While I enjoyed making use of impersonatio to assume the character of the Bentusi and continue my one man crusade to remind or acquaint people with the Homeworld series (and hopefully create a sufficient market for a HW3), I will stop doing so.

I felt more rebellious towards the more vehement outbursts and condemnations, but your reminder, being straight to the point and frank, I will respect.

Let us now wait for the next update. The votes seem to be sufficient for a proper decision.
>> No. 129577
>>129572
While i find it a bit strange on how you write i am glad that you are on this site. You are neither idiotic or dumb, have some knowledge and are someone who can talk with and discuss stories.
>> No. 129579
[┼] Forgive both
[┼] Thank the Lord.
[┼] Congratulate Flandre on winning. (She IS still a little girl & she DID have Knightanon beat.)
>> No. 129616
[X] Forgive both.
[X] Congratulate Flandre on winning.

A good plan.
>> No. 129622
File 128986167767.jpg - (350.62KB , 800x1066 , 3cde9fe7f9ab68eff58e053022aef8ff.jpg ) [iqdb]
129622
[x] Forgive both

While you can understand the reasons behind both of their actions, a part of you still feels some resentment toward them for literally toying with your life.
You're teetering on the edge of forgiveness or not, when you spot Flandre floating into your field of view behind Meiling.

More specifically, Flandre is floating upside down with her hands clasped together as though she were praying, staring straight at you with puppy dog eyes.
Whatever thoughts of holding a grudge you had are melted away in an instant, sighing as you give a halfhearted shrug.

"When someone strikes you on one cheek, turn and offer him the other"

Meiling raises her head with a look of curiosity. "Eh?"

"It's a passage from a very important book. It...more or less, it means I forgive you."

Meiling and Flandre look toward each other with massive grins on their faces, you half suspect they're making fun of you until Meiling speaks up: "Looks like he can't resist cute girls like us, right?"

"Right!"

They're definitely making fun of you! Well, two- or three as the case may be can play at that game. "You're lucky Flandre is so cute, Meiling. Otherwise I may still be mad at you."

The pair turn to you, their expressions now entirely opposite one another. Flandre still has the same happy smile as she giggles. But Meiling's face has soured considerably. "Are you saying I'm not cute?"

You carefully take a step toward Flandre, putting her between yourself and Meiling before answering: "Not as cute as Flandre."

Flandre points toward Meiling, her giggling turning to outright laughter: "haha! He likes me more than you!"

"We'll see if he likes much of anything after I break his face!"

"Breaking my face won't make my feelings for you change for the better, Meiling."

"Yeah, besides you can't go breaking faces just because people like me more."

Meiling balls her hand into a fist and shakes it in your direction, but before long a smirk creeps across her face, followed by her breaking into uncontrollable snickering.

Extremely thankful that she found the entire thing funny, you make a mental note that angering anyone who might be able to actually break your face with their bare hands is a bad idea.
_________________________________

It doesn't take long for you to return to sitting along the shore of the river, however this time Meiling has joined in, lying back next to you while Flandre practices with her sword.
Across the river.
Where she can't possibly ever harm you.

"Hey, Meiling?"

Meiling sits up, "Yeah?"

"Have you heard of pneumatic enhanced armor?"

"That's one of the things the Kappa are making, right?"

"Yeah. How strong do you figure that makes someone?"

"Someone like you, I suppose?"

"...Yeah."

Meiling chuckles before lying back down. There's a pause as she mulls the question over before giving you an answer:

"Not. Nearly. Strong. Enough."

"sigh...Worth a shot, I suppose."
_____________________


As time continues to roll forward and the sun begins to set, eventually Meiling calls out to Flandre that it's time to leave. You give each other quick goodbyes, and from you a promise to both that you'll stay out of trouble until the next time you meet.

With nothing left by the side of the river, you figure it's time to make your way to the actual Kappa village to find a place to stay, and after a good nights rest you'll be able to-

[] Explore the Kappa village, possibly see about finding some other useful items or even information

[] Collect your armor, and upon Shou's arrival immediately begin to make your way "home"
>> No. 129625
Short update today, and I may have to skip tomorrow I'm afraid.
Damnable English assignments.
>> No. 129628
[x] Explore the Kappa village, possibly see about finding some other useful items or even information.

Knowledge is power, might as well try and collect as much of it as possible.
>> No. 129629
[x] Explore the Kappa village, possibly see about finding some other useful items or even information.

>>129625
Take it easy, and good luck with that stuff.
>> No. 129630
[x] Collect your armor, and explore the Kappa village, possibly see about finding some other useful items or even information.
>> No. 129651
I knew it. Pneumatics are a fairly average start for Powered Armour, but what we really need is 40K style Power Armour to stand a chance. Or, if we want to go for utter overkill, PAX Swiss Guard armour from the Hyperion Canthos.

[x] Collect your armor, and explore the Kappa village, possibly see about finding some other useful items or even information
>> No. 129657
[x] Explore the Kappa village, possibly see about finding some other useful items or even information.
>> No. 129660
[┼] Collect your armor, and upon Shou's arrival immediately begin to make your way "home"
-[┼] Explore the Kappa village, possibly see about finding some other useful items or even information
>> No. 129664
[x] Collect your armor, and upon Shou's arrival immediately begin to make your way "home"
>> No. 129673
[x] Get your armor, explore the village while getting used to it before going "home"

I think a "power armor" will take some time getting used to, so it's probably safer to get used to it near someone who can fix it if it breaks down.
Besides, we are here now so we might as well see what we can learn about Gensokyo and it's inhabitants before going back.
>> No. 129677
>>129628
What he said
>> No. 129686
Just wanted to make clear; the options aren't mutually exclusive, but I'll be prioritizing based on the order you put them in.

More or less; if you vote for armor first you'll have less time to explore the town, town first you'll have less time for the Tutorial.
>> No. 129694
[x] Collect your armor, and upon Shou's arrival immediately begin to make your way "home"

Want tutorial, that and knightanon had enough excitement.
>> No. 129695
[x] Collect your armor, and upon Shou's arrival immediately begin to make your way "home"
Somehow Meiling is like a bro already.
>> No. 129697
[X] Collect your armor, and upon Shou's arrival immediately begin to make your way "home"

We need time to get train and get used to the armor.

>>129651

But how exactly can the kappa develop the kind of artificial muscle systems that those power armors use?
>> No. 129698
[x] Collect your armor, and upon Shou's arrival immediately begin to make your way "home"

Power Armor isn't something you just slap onto somebody and send him off right away to the field. This stuff needs training to use in the various fictions that use it. Also since I believe we're getting something T-45d/Fallout related, we should definitely train as much as we can since it takes awhile in the Fallout universe.
>> No. 129718
>>129697
The catch all explanation, my friend. Magic!
>> No. 129764
[x] Explore the Kappa village, possibly see about finding some other useful items or even information
Why is nobody voting for this...
>> No. 129788
>>129764
Because using any kind of powered armor without training is like driving a tank without training, with the additional threat of snapping yourself in half if you do something wrong.
>> No. 129789
[X] Collect your armor, and upon Shou's arrival immediately begin to make your way "home."

Our armor might not turn us into an unstoppable wrecking ball of death, but we definitely need to have a good handle on how to use it, if for no other reason than to at least survive a little longer the next time we run into an unfriendly forest youkai. Raw power isn't everything - how you use your advantages can also define the winner, so it behooves us to take every meager advantage we can acquire and make goddamn sure we know what we're doing. Finding out that the suit overheats under X lbs of pressure is NOT something we want to discover in the middle of a Master Spark to the balls.

...

wait that was a terrible example I WANT A REDO
>> No. 129793
>>129789
>wait that was a terrible example I WANT A REDO

No redo. The vote has been called.
>> No. 129796
File 12899480492.jpg - (266.75KB , 500x600 , 2ff3fe3cc3ecfd69d877275725b4dea7.jpg ) [iqdb]
129796
[x] Collect your armor
-[X] Get master sparked in the crotch

With all the modifications the Kappa gentlemen was suggesting you suppose it would be prudent to get your armor back first, and then spend whatever time remains exploring the village.
With darkness creeping in all around you, you're suddenly conscious of the fact that you're incredibly close to the woods, given that you're aware of at least two attempts by creatures in the woods to kill you, you decide against walking and instead run as fast as you feel you're capable. At such a pace it doesn't take you long to see the Kappa's village, and thankfully you've even managed to make it here well before nightfall. The village is a dazzling sight, as half of the buildings are lined with windows that are bathed in the red and orange light of the setting sun, you can't recognize the style of architecture of some, but it seems obvious that there's a severe leap in design between what you assume to be the newer mirrored houses, and the older looking ones that more resemble what you had first expected when you'd heard of it described as a village, simple, wooden or clay structures.

After some wandering, the sun has finally set. But almost as soon as you began to worry about wandering around at night, several strange pillars spread throughout the streets light your way. You suspect it's either magic, or the Kappa have somehow managed to trigger lamps on some timed sequence. But your musings are interrupted when you spot a sign on the building just down the road, an image of a bed.

________________________________

Basking in the glowing light of the morning sun, you savor what has been your only good nights sleep in a rather long time. Even discounting your recent arrival in Gensokyo, the siege of your home had made a peaceful night of rest a far off impossibility.
You give the owner of the inn a final wave before walking off, a kindly old man...kappa. That had offered you a place to rest in exchange for the simple job of cleaning up a bit for him, and moving some of his heavier furniture.

Now, all that remained was to collect your armor, and then eat up whatever time remained between then and Shou's return.
_________________________________

You step through the front door with the same caution you'd used the day before, but this time it seems your fears are unfounded. The man you're looking for is sitting at the counter, asleep.
You give a small poke to his shoulder, whispering softly to him so as to avoid startling him

"Sir? I'm here for my armor?"

The Kappa's eyes snap open, he kicks off from the counter and rolls backwards off the chair he'd been sitting in. Immediately standing up and looking at you, entirely wide eyed

"I did it!"

"Did it? You fixed it?"

"Oho you simple little monkey! I did it! It's the best thing I've ever made! Oh sure I've made stronger and safer but I'd never considered trying to implant the technology into an already functional suit of armor, but I got it done from concept to completion in a single night! I'm brilliant!"

"I-...so you did good?"

He leans in uncomfortably close, and whispers into your ear: "Great." He slaps himself on the cheek, shakes his head and pulls you toward the door. "C'mon! I've got it out back, can't have you wrecking my tidy store while you learn how to use it, can I?"

____________

After all his rambling the sight of your armor is somewhat underwhelming, though part of you is extremely grateful for how pristine it seems, a nagging voice in the back of your mind wonders what about fixing it has him so excited.
Indeed, as it sits upon the table in front of you you're finding it hard to see anything different about it at all. The individual pieces have obviously been cleaned and repaired, but nothing beyond that as far as you can tell. However as he plucks the chest piece from the table and spins it around you notice the first change; some sort of box installed into the back.

"This, my soon to be incredibly confused friend; is a micro fusion reactor. You have no idea what that means, but try to imagine the fires of hell strapped to your back and you're in the right area of energy."

"O...kay?"

"Right. Now; the outer armor is unchanged save for our little power source here. Most of your changes are going to be to that underlying mesh, and to some portions of the armor on the inside."

"Mesh?"

"That linked metal stuff. The undershirt?"

"The chain mail."

"Right. Well, that's now going to help you link with this suit, when you want to move, it'll move the suit along with you.
Now, the first thing we're going to need to go over is putting the bloody thing on, so

_______________________________________


It's been several hours, but you get the feeling your training has been well worth it. But you're finally ready. Even if you're still unsure of the limits you can push the suit too, you have a good idea of what you're now capable of. You're confident that up against any human opponent, you'd be far more than capable of overpowering them. But as Meiling had told you yesterday, the strength of a powerful Youkai may still be out of your reach.
All that remains is to-

[] Wait for Shou

[] Explore the village

I made a mistake in splitting the vote earlier, so...just do it again.
Sorry.
>> No. 129797
[x] Wait for Shou

>>129796

You're the writer. Ultimately, we have to follow your rules. Disgruntled anons aside, this is your story and you don't even have to follow the winning vote exactly. There are a few stories (RaAN I think was one) where the writer decided the outcome of the vote not on what everyone wanted to do but by what option sounded the most fun and got the most discussion. If you're unhappy with how an update is going, and want to incorporate elements of a losing vote with the winning vote, we won't punish you for it. Because it's your story, and we're along for the ride. You might not be trying to write along those exact guidelines, per say, but we still have to comply with whatever ruleset you impose.

Although I may be misinterpreting your words. The point still stands.

Take it easy.
>> No. 129798
>>129793
err you do realize I meant "redo" as relating to my post, right? as in I wasn't talking about the general vote, more of a "oh wow that didn't come out quite as planned" type thing. I worry that you thought I was seriously asking for a revote for the entire snippet, not... that.
>> No. 129800
[x] Wait for Shou.
>> No. 129801
>>129798
Yeah...I was trying to make a joke while telling people that the vote was called.
>> No. 129802
>>129801
Haha alright, sorry, I was just worried that I'd come across as actually acting like a douchefag. The intertubes are absolutely terrible at conveying sarcasm, irony, or any of those other nuanced devices that I make constant use of, so I figured I should just make sure that I hadn't jammed my foot in my mouth again.

For what its worth though, I do definitely really enjoy the story, regardless of which votes win. The Christian knight thing is an interesting device that I really don't see being done justice to often.
>> No. 129808
[┼] Wait for Shou

>a micro fusion reactor
Oh sweet lord.
>> No. 129810
[x] Wait for Shou.
>> No. 129811
>>129796
Berserker.jpg
Oh god, I want a movie of Fate/Zero SO bad.

[x] Wait for Shou
>> No. 129812
[X] Wait for Shou

Best to do this so she won't be looking for us. Besides from what's been said, it seems the kappa don't want overly inquisitive humans poking their noses in their workshops.
>> No. 129814
>>129808
Wait... is this MJOLNIR armour? I mean, the outer plates of the Mk. IV were just ablative armour and the real interesting stuff was in the underlying mesh, so this could possibly be Mk IV MJOLNIR armour-lite.
>> No. 129815
>>129814
When Knightanon finds he completely pulverized his bones and died a horrific death, that's when we'll find out it's MJOLNIR armor. Hell in TFoR, the marine's convulsions from his arm getting broken pretty much killed him, since they kept on moving the suit.

Even though Halo Reach retconned the Battle of Reach in TFoR, the book that came with the Legendary Edition says that the armor test, which happens the same way it did in TFoR, occured.
>> No. 129816
>>129814
Unfortunately no, think Fallout rather than Halo.
>> No. 129829
[X] Explore the village

It's not like Shou would get hopelessly lost looking for us, right?
>> No. 129893
[x] Explore the village
What's the "wait for Shou" option? Are we not waiting for Shou anyway?
>> No. 129897
>>129893
I guess it's the difference between standing around or getting some practice while waiting or going to explore the village and hoping she finds us later.
>> No. 129900
>>129829
She would get lost, look at what she lost!
>> No. 129904
File 129000985818.png - (327.85KB , 993x752 , 88115b1e6ef33538b6a5a8400fd00ae1.png ) [iqdb]
129904
>>129900
>>129829
>> No. 129952
[X]Begin testing the limits of your armor's strength while you wait.
>> No. 129971
[X] Wait for Shou
>> No. 129980
[] Wait for Shou