[Return]
Archived thread

File 128913062846.jpg - (385.21KB , 747x498 , b399c914d6dbb5ae994a662cf5f844f4.jpg ) [iqdb]
128033 No. 128033
>>127312 Thread one
_____
Inventory:
Meiling's Sword
Hospitaller Armor? (Missing)
_____

[X] Wake the girl

You sit upright in your bed hoping that the noise will awaken the girl sitting before you. As far as you can tell however it seems she's quite dead set on staying asleep for the time being

"Excuse me, miss?"

No response. You press a finger into her shoulder "Miss? Hello?"

She stirs, but that quickly passes.

"Fantastic. They've left the heavy sleeper to guard me. Now I can kill everyone else and she'll be none the wiser."

The girls eyes snap open, she jumps away from the bed. Staring directly into your eyes. You on the other hand tilt your head and softly grin at her. "Good to see you can be woken up given the right stimulus."

The girl glances toward the door, then back to you. From the look on her face you can't imagine she liked your joke or any joke for that matter.

"I trust you can stand?" She speaks calmly, but with an air of authority that reminds you of some of your brethren. All of them disciplined, loyal, and brutally efficient in battle.
Given that, you make a mental note not to press your luck with this girl.

"I believe so." Your response is followed by your attempt to stand, it takes a moment for you to overcome the dizziness, and for a while you almost believe the room may never stop spinning. But eventually you're able to at the least present yourself reasonably.

"Good. In our experience it can take far longer for a human to overcome the after effects of Nue's snakes. I was worried I'd have to do this for the entire week."

As she talked, you had moved toward the wall to retrieve your sword. But part of her sentence makes you halt and glance toward her. "....Nue?"

"Yes. According to her account of the matter, you've already seen her. The youkai with red eyes?"

"....Youkai?"
The woman returns your confused expression. You wonder if you've somehow offended her by not knowing what one is, and quickly continue in an attempt to prevent a misunderstanding. "I'm...Not from around here. Perhaps you could explain?"

"...No. I'll leave that to Hijiri."

Although you have no idea who Hijiri might be, the sooner you can get out of this room the better. So you decide against asking another question. Turning your attention back to your sword you can see whoever left it here was kind enough to include the belt you'd had it hooked on. Putting the belt on and slipping the sword into place, you're ready to go, and moments later you and the girl are walking down a hallway, curiously the doors all seem to be of the type to slide open rather than the types you're used to. The floors are made of an unfamiliar material, and you don't even want to begin discussing what type of person designs a bed that leaves the occupant lying right on the floor.

"Might I ask a question, Milady?"

"Don't stop yourself on my account, sir."

"...Very well; Who are you?"

"Shou."

"...Very well then, Shou. Where is my armor?"

"We've placed it in the laundry."

"..Laundry?"

She stops and stares at you, causing you to mirror her with a look of curiosity.

"....This explains so much about you."

___________

The journey down the hall continues in more or less silence, until Shou halts, bringing your attention to a doorway. From within you can hear what seems to be a pair of voices. Although you can't quite place what they're saying, it's clear one voice is berating the other for some offense or another.

[] Wait for the lecture to finish
[] Go in now

>> No. 128034
Apologies for the short update and bad cutoff point, but I'm late and I didn't want to leave it with nothing for another however many hours.
>> No. 128038
[x] Go in now
Might as well listen and get a feeling for the surrounding.
>> No. 128042
[x] Go in now
Updates!
>> No. 128049
[x] Go in now

Time for a visual to go with the word "youkai."
>> No. 128050
[x] Go in now

But do not speak up until the lecture is over. We have manners.
>> No. 128052
[x] Go in now
>...x8
All of your characters have autism, considering the way they speak.
>> No. 128053
>>128052
That's an insult to autists.
>> No. 128056
[x] Go in now

But do not speak up until the lecture is over. We have manners.
>> No. 128057
[X] Wait for the lecture to finish

Patience is a virtue.
>> No. 128059
[x] Go in now, but discreetly.
>> No. 128072
>>128057
Quite right that. Patience is a virtue.

Wait for the lecture to finish. But do listen to it. The Lord wishes for us to understand His Creation and this can only be done with observation and attention.
>> No. 128074
>>128072
We must eavesdrop IN THE NAME OF GOD!

But I agree.
[X] Wait for the lecture to finish
It is probably not something we will get in trouble for hearing, but if they had intended for us to hear it they would have waited for us.
>> No. 128077
File 128915403095.jpg - (328.49KB , 480x640 , e5f9de28f091c52ab1e2a3c5f8c30cee.jpg ) [iqdb]
128077
[x] Go in now

You reach out to open the door, but Shou grabs onto your hand to stop you. Turning to look at her, you realize she's staring straight at your face. After a moment of silence you're compelled to ask "Is something wrong?"

"Yes.
Explain to me how you have no idea what a Nue is, or even what a Youkai is, you can wake up the morning after being attacked by one without a single worry?"

"The shadow creatures? Just because I've never seen one before doesn't mea-"

"No. Last night. In your room, Nue attacked you, didn't she?"

"I had a nightmare. Nothing out of the normal to be honest."

"She...She tried to chop your head off and had you bitten by a snake! That didn't strike you as odd?!"

Now that she mentions it, something is rather odd about the course of events. You're eerily calm for someone who's had two attempts on his life, and even as you try to actually recall the specifics of the attack in your room, it's as though a fog comes over your mind. You're barely even sure whether you'd dreamt it or not anymore.

Shou snaps her fingers in front of your face, bringing you back to reality again. "Hey! Hey! Stay with me. Show me that snake bite, please."

"That was a drea-" Shou cuts you off again. "Show me where it bit you. Now."

You roll up the sleeve of your clothes; obviously there's no snake bite. But in its place is some sort of symbol embedded into your arm. It seems to be a small rendition of a snake. As you're about to ask what the symbol means Shou opens the door and storms inside the room, by the time you follow she's addressing a woman that had apparently been sitting in the center. Her hair draws your eye almost immediately. Truth be told you've never seen anyone with purple hair before, much less someone that had both purple hair and light brown hair at the same time.

You can only hear bits and pieces, but you gather enough to understand the woman is Hijiri. And the girl she was lecturing is Nue.
Though, speaking of this girl; where is she? The room has no other exits, no furniture to speak of, in fact the only distinguishable objects are the pillows Hijiri seems to be using for chairs A table, and an empty set of chains. Those in particular draw your attention; they seem to appear right out of the wall. A set for the feet near the ground, a set for the arms that hang loosely, and a collar hanging around the same area.
You could swear that something is moving the chains about, but dismiss the thought as Shou and Hijiri begin walking toward you.


You begin to introduce yourself, but are quickly silenced when Hijiri places a hand on the symbol the snake had left on your arm, then covers your eyes. Grateful as you are for your rescue and for staying in her home you can't help but ask aloud. "Milady...What exactly are you doing?"

"Quiet, please." Her voice is extremely calming, and whatever doubts about her intentions seem to melt away like magic. With anyone else you'd most likely begin demanding an explanation or resisting. But you dumbly nod. Content.

After a moment of silence, she removes her hands. Glancing at your arm you can see the symbol is still there, the anxiety about this strange meeting returns. "What did you do?"

"We'll see in a moment. For now, could you tell me if you recognize this person?"
She points toward the chains, and though they were empty only a second ago it seems that a girl has found her way into them. Striking red eyes, and an odd pair of ornaments adorning her back.

"She was..." You trail off, completely lost in thought. You know you've seen this girl before. But can't recall where, when or what she was doing. That seems to be all Hijiri needs, as she walks over to the girl and begins shouting. "Nue! What did you do to him?!"

The girl, apparently "Nue", looks bored. She lazily swings her head around to face Hijiri "I already told you! I didn't know it would work like that!"

"What. Would. Work. Like. What?"

"Well~, I've been toying around with my powers. They don't work on people who, you know~ know! So...I needed a guinea pig."

Hijiri buries her head into her hands and groans aloud.

Shou continues for her, apparently sensing that Hijiri has had more than enough of dealing with Nue for the time being. "So you tormented a guest? What would you have done if he'd opened his wound, or had a panic attack?!"

"Pfft. He's fine! Here; watch."

In an instant, Nue seems to melt forth from her chains. Her clothes erupting outward into a mass of shadow that consumes her, then begins slowly creeping forth. Consuming the room! You back away, grasping at the hilt of your sword. The shadowy mass splits; teeth bursting forth from within the beast being created before your very eyes. You draw your sword, backing toward the door as calmly as you can manage. Before the creature gains any real ground, however it stops.

You hear a single word. The voice as calm and seemingly relaxing as earlier. Yet all the same it seems to come from every direction. "Enough." It's followed by the audible sound of someone snapping their fingers, and as if on cue the beast is immediately drawn back. First to the smaller ball of shadow, then returning to the form of Nue. The chains seem to have been pulled back, placing Nue flat against the wall, and unable to move an inch.

Hijiri stands in the same spot she had been in before, entirely unaffected by the display of Nue's powers. "You never learn."

"But you see, right? He's not scared or anything!"

Hijiri and Shou both turn to look at you, apparently they want your opinion on the matter. Well-

[] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
[] "What in gods name was that?!"
[] *Girlish screaming*
[] -Write in
>> No. 128078
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"
*run at Nue with sword drawn*
>> No. 128079
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."

Please. That was nothing. We might as well be immune to fear, after the sorts of thing we'd have seen as a professional Crusader knight. The horrors of the battlefield have inured us to such things.
>> No. 128080
>>128078
[x] What this dude said. For the lulz.
>> No. 128081
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."

>>128080
>>128078
As much fun as it might be...That probably won't end too well for anyone.
>> No. 128082
File 128915511540.jpg - (1.05MB , 1000x1405 , 2ce34a14e79351a49416c0dbc6041288c395f8fe.jpg ) [iqdb]
128082
[X] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
Just look at her. She mean no harm.
>> No. 128084
>>128079
Well, I doubt he encountered anything supernatural on the battlefield, so it is appropriate to act as such:
[x] Run at Nue with your sword ready and shouting something involving Satam and hell
>> No. 128085
>>128081
But it's the more sensible reaction. I'm pretty damn sure our protagonist never encountered anything like this.
>> No. 128086
>>128078
You are a very odd person.

Regardless; the vote is valid. Though I'll warn you now it may lead to a bad end.
>> No. 128089
>>128086
Please, dont kill our little knight.
>> No. 128090
>>128086
Realistic reaction is realistic. Again, I'm pretty damn sure he's never encountered anything like Nue back in Acre, so this reaction is appropriate.
>> No. 128092
>>128090
>>128091
It's a realistic reaction that might get him killed.
That's all I'm saying.
>> No. 128093
[x] "What in gods name was that?!"
>> No. 128094
>>128092
Well, despite that, I'm willing to see how this scene will unfold. We could always retry from there anyway.
>> No. 128096
>>128094
Oh, yeah; I should have mentioned that. If it does end badly, all that happens is you can vote again.
So feel free, if it strikes your fancy.
>> No. 128098
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"
Sounds like something a Templar would do after seeing something like that.
>> No. 128099
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"
Sounds like something a Templar would do after seeing something like that.
>> No. 128100
>>128096
Let's see this through.

[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"

If i were a Knight and would end up there and see something like that. I would react like that. Plus, he has his faith in God.
>> No. 128102
>>128099
Disregard the second post.
>> No. 128103
Eh...
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"
Our ltemplar hasn't been acting like much of a templar lately, so yeah.
>> No. 128104
[x] "What in gods name was that?!"

We've never seen anything that obviously supernatural before, but we're a soldier. "Girlish screaming" is something we don't do.
>> No. 128106
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
Because I'm interested in whatever Nue is doing.
>> No. 128107
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE!"

But don't attack anything immediately. Knightanon should be smart enough to realize that:
A. This "Nue" is dangerous, so we shouldn't just blindly rush in.
B. Whoever Hijiri is, she has some measure of control over Nue so she might take offense at any attempts of slaying anything.

But surely this is a demon of the foulest kind, which means that Hijiri must be some sort of sorceress in order to control it. She might even be a demon herself, only a more powerful one!
That's what you get for trusting the guard at the "Scarlet Devil Mansion", I guess.
>> No. 128108
>>128107
Should have aimed for Knight of Suwa.
"No! Bad Youkai! Exterminate you!"
>> No. 128109
[x] "What in gods name was that?!"
>> No. 128110
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"
>> No. 128111
>>128107
Better than my original vote. Changing to this.
>> No. 128114
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"

[X] Pray whislt doing said action. or chant makes things more epic.
>> No. 128115
>>128111
Which vote was yours?
>> No. 128116
You all do not see. The action to take for Knightanon is simple.

We know that demons cannot be slain with swords. But, as our Lord demonstrated in his travels, they can be defeated and cast out by Faith and the authority of our Lord. Our sword will not avail us here, but our Faith in God will.

Begin praying. Pray like you've never prayed before. Begin with the ever famous Psalm "Though I shall walk into the valley of death's shadow, I shall fear no evil for [You/The Lord] [are/is] with me." (in the Latin translation). Then recite the Pater Noster, the Ave Maria and call upon Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, and all the Saints you can think of (Saint George and Saint Michael the Archangel, as well as other demon/dragon/monster slaying Saints, would be particularly appropriate). Call upon God to remove the taint of the demon from your flesh and soul and to cast this abomination from His sight, that it may never again harm the faithful.

As for my fellow anons? Pray to God we have the True Faith feat.

Small question, would the natives even understand Latin?
>> No. 128118
>>128116
Slight addendum: Never lose our calm during the course of this action. We have Faith in God and His will. We cannot be harmed by demons so long as we do not renounce our Faith or falter in our conviction. (or so Knightanon thinks.)
>> No. 128119
>>128116
yes praying is the way!

just look at what it did to satan In Dante's inferno!
>> No. 128120
[X] "What in gods name was that?!"

>>128096
You do realize you just gave anon carte blanche to be idiots, right?
>> No. 128121
>>128118
>>128119
Yes pray like you've never prayed before knightanon that way the new faith god will be born into gensokyo and at the same time we will be able to pwn Nue with holy blessed sword ownage!

(We should totally get a Scythe Bigass skull blade or whip later on.)
>> No. 128122
Alrighty then, changing 128078 to 128107.
This course of action is way better than my original idea.
>> No. 128123
>>128120
You clearly have never met a christian before.
>> No. 128125
>>128121
Real Knights use blessed blades and lances to slay the unholy.

On a side note, my hope is that, by praying really fervently and desperately, we might actually get God's attention and thus some DIVINE intervention. Maybe even a little SMITE! from Heaven.
>> No. 128126
Psalm 144 up in this bitch! http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+144&version=KJV
>> No. 128127
>>128125
Those were references to Devil may cry dante's inferno and castlevania.

i'm guessing /V/ isnt your forte.
>> No. 128129
>>128126
Not the whole thing of course but parts of it.
>> No. 128130
>>128127
I call myself Bentusi Tradeship and you think I don't recognize such ham fisted references to those series? Anyone who was born in the past 20 years and has a remote interest in video gaming has heard of those games. Finding people who heard of Homeworld is noticeably harder.
>> No. 128133
[X] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
I dream of a board where using Epic, lulz or asterisks are bannable offenses.
>> No. 128134
>>128130
>i look up on google
>SHIT BRIX

i might just get into this.
>> No. 128135
>>128133
Then you're taking away what makes them great.
Anyway,
[x]128107 This guy's vote
>> No. 128139
>>128081 here.
Since there's no longterm negative consequences I'm changing to >>128078
>> No. 128141
>>128135
>>128139
So your not going to pray whislt doing so?
>> No. 128142
>>128078
I like this guys style.
*points sword to the air*
FOR THE HOLY LAND!!
>> No. 128146
[X] Pray. recite parts of various psalms like psalm 23 or psalm 144 Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
2My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.
LORD, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him! or the son of man, that thou makest account of him! 4Man is like to vanity: his days are as a shadow that passeth away.
5Bow thy heavens, O LORD, and come down: touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
6Cast forth lightning, and scatter them: shoot out thine arrows, and destroy them.
7Send thine hand from above; rid me, and deliver me out of great waters, from the hand of strange children;

8Whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood. Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:
>> No. 128147
>>128146
Adding that to my post in >>128114
>> No. 128150
>>128146
They'd probably interrupt you before you could get to the second verse.
>> No. 128151
>>128146

>hand of strange children.

This verse has never been more appropriate then in Gensokyo.

[]Pray like you've never prayed before. Call upon God to defend you from this demon and the foul powers that be, and let faith be your shield against the forces of darkness beyond man's knowledge.
>> No. 128152
>>128107 here.
I agree with the idea of praying.
Demons are defeated with Faith, not steel.
>> No. 128154
>>128152
do both i mean its what ive been wanting you guys to do. That and given the right ammount of faith a certain PC98 character may show up in this CYOA. or even help us beat nue.
>> No. 128155
>>128154
But what could Genji do to beat Nue???
>> No. 128157
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
>> No. 128158
[x] "What in gods name was that?!"

I'd think he'd be surprised but not scared.

But damn, look at all the bigoted Christfags here, assuming A) Knightanon is a zealot and B) Crusaders weren't basically folks who razed and pillaged brown people in what amounted to a pointless pissing contest between regilions.

That and trying to attack Nue would no doubt provoke other unfavorable reactions. This is the kind of shit I mentioned coming; folks going the "I will kill the demons".
>> No. 128159
Hang on a second, knight anon dosn't know a lot about modern day stuff right? so like in most CYOA'S hes going to have a companion to tell him the ways of gensokyo? and isn't the oldest up-to date person nue? FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU i walked right into that one! we must not kill nue! she's our guide to be! sheath your swords anon's before it is too late!
>> No. 128160
>>128152
What about a sanctefied blade?
>> No. 128161
>>128159
What? You think we're actually capable of killing Nue? HAHAHAHA-no. We aren't anywhere near her level.
Maybe later in the story, but now? No way.
Besides, knightanon just saw the room he's in get engulfed by darkness among other things. It is expected for him to panic.
>> No. 128162
File 128916603819.jpg - (113.93KB , 805x1500 , 07f9000a8d594213a3629ef65a7c4d7b.jpg ) [iqdb]
128162
>>128159
Attack her and make up after that. She hijacked his sleep and tested some weird shit with him. How is that any less different from what we are going to do?
Chances are very high that he might not even get close enough to her before being stopped by Hijiri. She won't like it but will understand his reaction.

At the end we may even get a favor from Nue or get her to join us as a Guide for Gensokyo. Which is what i am aiming for anyway. Knight and Nue team. Sounds awesome? Is awesome and will be awesome.
>> No. 128163
I've thought about it a bit and I've got an idea.

So; [x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"

I'll be back from work a little after 9 Eastern to start writing, so the polls are open till then.
( No just because I voted for it doesn't mean it automatically wins)
>> No. 128166
>>128158
Chap, I know we can't kill the demon. But we are a Catholic warrior-monk. Zealotry is a bit too far, yes, but having Faith is a standard requirement.
>> No. 128167
[x] "What in gods name was that?!"
>> No. 128169
>>128159
I'm not voting we ATTACK her, just that knightanon should react to Nue in the way that makes most sense, i.e. assume that she is a demon.
I mean, even if we ignore the whole "hey, I'm a giant monster that will eat you"-display, she does have a snake theme going on.
And the most famous snake ever? The one that tempted Eve in paradise.
Even those who don't believe in Christianity tend to know at least that much about the bible.

>>128107
Now that I think about it, he could also assume that Hijiri has been given power by God to shackle/punish this demon. Since Nue is, after all, in chains and Hijiri is trying to help him with the "snakebite".
>> No. 128175
>>128169
Would Knightanon really assume she was a demon? From what I can recall, weren't medieval Christians more superstitious, than most modern Christians. When I say "superstitious" I don't include faith or whatever creature is part of a religion, but mean things like vampires, fairies, etc.
>> No. 128176
>>128175
Hmm. Good point. I was mostly just basing my reasoning on the "SPAWN OF SATAN!" vote, because it seemed like it could be interesting as well as fitting the character.

He would probably still be cautious around her because, demon or fey, she could be very bad news either way.
>> No. 128179
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"
Eh, why the hell not.
>> No. 128181
>>128133
I pray for that day also, brother.

[x] "What in gods name was that?!"
>> No. 128206
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
>> No. 128210
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
>> No. 128213
[x] GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! *draw sword* YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, *point sword at Nue* I SHALL SLAY THEE!
*run towards Nue, sword at ready, with the intent of purging her unholy form from this world*
>> No. 128215
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."

Let's not choose the suicidal option just yet. Thus far, we seem to be a pretty laid back Hospitaler. We should at least gather more information about who and what these ladies are.

Regardless of the actions of one of their fellows, they took us in and succored us while we were laid low. They are also harshly chastising and have at least attempted to lock up the one who attacked us.

As a knight and a gentleman, it would be unbecoming of us to bring violence into our host's home.
>> No. 128216
>>128215
It is not very becoming of a Templar who just saw a little girl turn into a writhing black mass that
>> No. 128217
>>128215
As a Templar, it would be unbecoming of us to see a little girl turn into a writhing black mass that engulfed the entire room, and brush it off saying "You've seen worse." No, I'm quite sure you haven't. Knightanon, before coming to Gensokyo, was nothing but a knight. He never encountered anything like this. To react like that is absurd. Panicking is something I would expect someone like him, considering where he's from, to do.
>> No. 128218
>>128216
Ignore.
>> No. 128221
>>128217
true hence the "What in god's name?" reaction.
>> No. 128222
>>128213
There is absolutely no fucking way you could be this stupid. I absolutely refuse. I refuse to accept the stupidity of this vote and the person behind it.
The site is currently going on about idiotic votes, emoticons, *actions*, etc. etc. Currently, as in present time
You never use actions. You rarely if ever use emoticons, and even than, you only use approved ones such as ;_;. Anything different is heresy.
I honest to god wish you death.
>> No. 128225
>>128222
Take it easy my friend.

While the Guy who voted for it may be an idiotic Newfag the vote itself is the most realistic action a Knight and Crusader who gets thrown into this World would take.
It was already explained many times in this Thread.
>> No. 128227
>>128225
I know that. I am entirely okay with the vote itself. Specifically, it was the entirely unnecessary addition of the idiotic *actions*, that set off my ire. A poster who dares to use *actions* amidst a shitstorm about the very subject...well, he has no place on TH-P
>> No. 128229
>>128227
The new Users just need to read the rules and integrate into the Site. While this may be possible it is not possible to make dumb Voters into celver Voters. That is where lurking would come in. Look at how things are done here and try to improve and get things done better.
>> No. 128230
Yes because the exact style of formating is more important then content. Every single time.
>> No. 128232
File 128919084694.jpg - (331.20KB , 640x505 , mythoughtsonthediscussion.jpg ) [iqdb]
128232
>> No. 128234
>>128230
Not necessarily, adding your own special touches to a vote makes it unique, and best case scenario, everyone will like it enough to bandwagon. In this specific case, the "special touch's," were stupid, and something this board does not do, will never do and will never accept. It's called etiquette.
The long and short of it has oft been repeated. Lurk the board more, find out what is acceptable, and conform. Or leave.
>> No. 128235
>>128225
Guilty for being a newfag, but an idiotic one? Nope.
>>128222
Hey jackass, I never used emoticons. Those things are unneccesary and stupid.
As for actions, what the fuck is wrong with them? I don't see it as a big deal. I just use them for emphasis.
So quit your bitching and wait for Karesh to update the fucking story.
>> No. 128238
>>128235
>As for actions, what the fuck is wrong with them? I don't see it as a big deal.
Than it is incredibly clear you have no idea what the fuck you are doing on this board.
Let me point you to my other post.
>>128234
Pay special attention to the last two lines. Someone with your proficiencies might need an interpreter, but with time, and diligence, I am confident you will be able to gleam from it a measure of wisdom.
>> No. 128240
>>128238
Alright then. At least you had the decency to not wish death upon me.
Now, time to lurk some more.
>> No. 128246
>>128238
The sarcasm was delicous.
>> No. 128251
File 128919500411.jpg - (317.60KB , 724x1024 , 88c002a1679e9d4240cb8503841af45c.jpg ) [iqdb]
128251
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!" (Wide liberties have been taken with the quote.)

Hijiri and Shou turn toward you, most likely looking to gauge your reaction to events. Instead however, you rush past both press your sword to Nue's throat. You make no attempt to disguise the rage in your voice, and you're not even sure you could if you had. "ABOMINATION!"

Nue tilts her head as much as is possible with the collar locking her to the wall. Fluttering her eyes at you "Aww, you flatterer you."

You need hear no more. She's a monster, unapologetic and in sore need of the embrace of death.
In a swift motion you drag the edge of your sword along her neck, slicing it open. You follow up immediately with a tried and true method of extermination; You thrust the sword straight into the monster's heart. Ending her existence in a manner far more merciful than she deserves.

The deed done, you turn back toward Hijiri and Shou. Hopefully you can explain your outburst and why you did what needed to be done.
Hijiri seems almost sorry, as though she had done something wrong in all of this. Could she feel guilt for restraining the beast, allowing you to kill it so quickly? And Shou-

"Hehe....heh he really thinks I have a heart! Hah!"

You turn around, slowly. You couldn't possible have just heard what you think you heard.
Yet there she is; had you not done the deed yourself, you wouldn't have believed it had happened at all. There's no blood on her clothes, no wound on her neck or chest...Not even a hole!
Even as the horror of this situation strikes you, she continues her mockery." And this fear; ...Oooh! Hijiri! This guy is incredible. A perfect blend of fear and hate! It's amazing!
Can I keep him?"

"How?! How are you aliv-...Nevermind, I'll solve that soon enough monster!"

You move to level your sword on Nue once again, however Hijiri places a hand on your shoulder.

"Please, young man. I understand that Nue has done something unforgivable to you...But her nature is somewhat complicated. At times I too ha-"

You shake Hijiri's hand off, marching toward the door "Milady I have no quarrel with you but if you insist upon defending...her, then I shall take my leave. Immediately."

You exit the room, not quite knowing where the exit might be. But you know you've made the right decision. As kind as some of the residents of this place may be, that creature's existence is intolerable. You'll need to find some way to destroy it, and free this land of it's curse for good.
______________

Back in the room, Shou has already left; trying to track down the Knight and regain his trust. It's not ideal, but at the least if he can be convinced to calm down there may be hope for the situation yet.
Hijiri, however. Has prioritized Nue's punishment. She has her hand on Nue's throat, squeezing tighter and tighter as the moments pass in silence until it's finally broken. "Nue. I tire of these games, that you play them upon the crew is bad enough. But at the least they are capable of defending themselves. This man had done nothing to you, had neither the knowledge nor the capability to harm you; yet you tormented him from the moment he arrived! What if he runs to the village, what if that Shrine Maiden returns, hunting us to punish you for your crimes!?"
________________

Once outside the temple, you'd quickly realized that neither the bridge or the path that led away from here was within your line of sight, thankfully however the forest that you'd walked through was; you'd entered it in the hopes that either you would find a suitable place to calm yourself, or even better find the lake and Scarlet Devil Mansion once again. Truth be told, even now you've calmed down a fair deal compared to your outburst, and while you still believe that Nue herself is not to be trusted, Hijiri and Shou were not at fault, and even tried to help; you'll need to go back for your armor eventually, and when you do you'll make an effort to apologize.

For now however, you've found a spot to rest; a clearing with a single tree in the center.
You lean against the tree, catching your breath and wondering what to do next.
That is, until of course; you hear a small rustling from below.

A tendril shoots out from the taller grass around you, wrapping around your ankle and tugging. For now, however. It does nothing more, merely sitting still wrapped around your leg.
Choosing the side of caution, you draw your blade and prepare to cut the creature loose. But as you pull your arm back for the swing, the creature suddenly tugs at your leg. Pulling you to the ground! You have no time to respond or properly brace yourself, as the creature immediately begins dragging you along the ground through the forest.

Desperation settles in, if you don't do something quickly, whatever this creature wants to do; it'll do. You scream, hoping to gain the attention of someone from the temple. "Help! Help! ANYONE! HELP!"
Even though you can keep a grip on the sword, the creature has apparently gained allies. Which begin winding up your legs, soon they'll cover you entirely.
As a final, desperate bid for freedom you stab the sword into the ground, halting the creatures attempt to drag you off. Though you can't be sure how long you'll hold on, or even if the creature won't just simply kill you here to save itself some trouble.

Faced with this darkest of moments, you do what you have always done in such times; pray.
You ask first for forgiveness for your sins, guidance through your journey, and finally; deliverance from this danger.

"Hi."

Oh lord
Please, lord. No. Not that.

You look up, your worst fears are confirmed.
It's Nue. She's looking down at you, as incredibly amused as ever.

"What do you want, monster?"

"It's not really so much what I want...Even if your fear is especially delicious. Did you know that? It's juuust right. That perfect mix of rage entirely driven by what drives all of you humans; Fear."

The irony is palpable, to say the least. The one person on this Earth you specifically would want to avoid, and she's perhaps the only one who could save you from whatever monster has you in it's grasp.

"Anyway...Hijiri said I should apologize to you. And I like her fine enough, so; I'm sorry.
Can you ever forgive me?"

You glare at her, resolute. "I'd sooner di-" Your response is interrupted as the Creature pulls once more, the sword is slowly being pulled through the ground. Once it comes loose, you'll be doomed.

Nue is apparently completely oblivious to the danger. Continuing as if nothing had happened.

"Say...You look like you need some help. And I look like I need someone to boss around."

"What are you saying?! You expect me to follow a devil such as you?!"

"Follow? Na~, and it's not like I want your soul or anything. Just stick around the temple for a while, make nice with Hijiri. Let her know how awesome I am. Stuff like that."

Your grip on the sword is loosening. There's not much time left, for this conversation or yourself. The offer is...Oddly tempting. You can't help but imagine all offers that involve your life are.

As though to deny you that last slither of hope, a tendril wraps its way around your arm, pulling you away from the sword. You're sent dragging along the ground once again, until Nue grips your hand, holding you solidly in place even as the tendrils behind lash about.

"Let me be clear; according to Hijiri, I have to remove that mark on your arm. But I know...Things, about it. Even if I haven't tested them.
If you agree, I can help you. In more ways than you can possibly imagine. But if you refuse~"

She lets go.

[] "Fine! Please! HELP!"
[] Die
>> No. 128254
[x]Spit on her
Join sides with such an evil temptress? A devil made manifestation in the flesh? Never
>> No. 128258
[X] Smite Evil
[X] Go to the top of the mountain
>> No. 128259
[x] Die

Ad maiorem dei gloriam!

(For the greater glory of God!)
>> No. 128261
[x] Spit at her feet
-[x] Say, "I don't make deals that could potentially damn my soul. Most of all, I don't make deals with the sons and daughters of Satan."
>> No. 128262
[x] "Fine! Please! HELP!"

If the Lord had wished us to die then we would have died in Acre.
>> No. 128263
>>128261
Change the "Spit" option to unsheathing your sword and hold the tip to her throat.
>> No. 128264
>>128262

Cowardice, Anon!

The path to salvation is fraught with temptation and peril, as Satan constantly tests and seeks to pull down the souls of valiant Christian knights such as ourselves.

KNIGHTANON WILL MAKE NO COMPROMISE.

Besides, Shou is searching for us, and as far as we know, this is just more of Nue's fuckery.

We'll probably be fine. If not, maybe we'll get a continue or something. I doubt Karesh wants to end this on thread two.


inb4 ghostKnightAnon winds up meeting up with Yuyuko, Komachi, and DAT JUDGE.
>> No. 128265
File 128919677740.jpg - (83.55KB , 581x800 , 1289053680166.jpg ) [iqdb]
128265
If Knightanon die, he will become youkai!
>> No. 128266
>>128264
Wow not only a bigoted christfag but a stupid one. I warned people about this... yet you insist, most likely ruining the story in the process.

[x] "Fine! Please! HELP!"
>> No. 128268
>>128264
You have convinced me.
I will delete my earlier post.

[x] Die
>> No. 128269
[x]Spit on her
>> No. 128270
[X] Die

I'm betting Nue's doing more mindfuckery. Hell, KnightAnon should realize that Byakuren kept Nue restrained because of what she did and wouldn't release her just so she could prey on him again.
>> No. 128271
>>128266

Not a christfag, Anon. Merely behaving as a violently zealous Catholic knight from the dark ages who has spent his entire life being trained to kill all non-Catholics would.


Little thing called roleplaying.
>> No. 128272
>>128263
Please be more diligent in your readings. Knight is currently a few feet away from his sword, and in a situation where his only saving line from "certain" death is Nue.
>> No. 128273
>>128270
>Byakuren
>and wouldn't release her just so she could prey on him again
I doubt.
She is a lich. Foul sorcerer.
>> No. 128274
>>128271
there you go assuming that, not all crusaders are so zealous in the killing of anything non-christian. Why don't you go back to /tg/ with all the other rejects?
>> No. 128275
>>128274

Cool story bro.
>> No. 128276
>>128271
I guess you're part of the crowd that believes paladins have to be Lawful Stupid.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LawfulStupid

Read the Dresden Files if you want to see how a Paladin played right is.
>> No. 128277
>>128272
Ah, screw that then. Just spit at her feet.
>> No. 128278
>(Wide liberties have been taken with the quote.)
Good on you.

[X] Spit at her feet
-[X] "I don't make deals that could potentially damn my soul. Most of all, I don't make deals with the sons and daughters of Satan."
>> No. 128279
>>128271
>Little thing called roleplaying.
Please do not do that. Voting from the perspective of the main character and how his actions affect everyone, thats always encouraged.

But blatant roleplaying? That is not so welcomed around here. One might even go so far as being greeted with open hostility, depending on the severity of act.
>> No. 128280
>>128276

Knight =/= Paladin.

Paladins are champions of good, justice, and righteous laws.

Knights were frequently murdering bastards who only followed the code of chivalry when dealing with their superiors.
>> No. 128281
>>128274

Any Crusader knight would rather die than make a deal with something he assumes is a devil.

Do you want our MC to be such a coward that he is willing to give up on the values he has based his life on, just to survive?

This isn't because Nue isn't Christian.
It is because he thinks Nue is devil spawn (and Nue has done a lot to encourage this).
>> No. 128282
>>128281
Why exactly does he automatically assume these are demons again? I don't know how well Fallout Gensokyo was researched when the author put in much of the philosophical stuff, but one thing I picked up was that the medieval mindset was more open to the supernatural than a modern day person. When I say "supernatural" I don't include faith or creatures of religion, but things like vampires, faries, etc. Wouldn't Knightanon more assume these were monsters than demons? Besides all the demons in the Bible possessed people. There never really was an actual manifestation of a "demon" outside of the host.
>> No. 128283
>>128281
You'd rather have a bad end as a result of such narrow minded-ness? I say that not all crusaders are that zealous, especially not one as experienced as the MC. Some ended on focusing on aspect, such as killing, protecting, etc. For all we know he might still be fighting to help protect the innocent and his fellow knights.
>> No. 128286
>>128282

Regardless of what he might think she is, he's already reacted to her violently, and indeed sought to purge her.

Why on Earth would he suddenly be so weak as to give in and make some sort of bargain under duress?
>> No. 128287
>>128286
>Why on Earth would he suddenly be so weak as to give in and make some sort of bargain under duress?
And if I like Nue?
>> No. 128288
>>128261
Sounds good.
>> No. 128289
>>128283
If we bad end then we

[x] Go back one choice

Seriously we're not going to Snow End.

>>128282
Vampires legends were more eastern european. Our MC is unlikely to know what they are.

But that point is irelevent because the one thing in common with supernatural creatures and the medieval era, is that almost all supernatural creatures were servants of the devil.

Besides our MC already believes Nue to be devil spawn.
>> No. 128290
>>128288
And yeah, that was a vote.
>> No. 128291
>>128287

Then like Nue. Perhaps KnightAnon and Nue will eventually come to an understanding with each other.

As it is now, he regards her as an abomination that needs to be slain so he can lift her curse from the land.

Until they get to know each other, he is her enemy. It would be out of character for someone like him to suddenly give in to her without further character development.
>> No. 128292
>>128291
Not to mention it would turn Knight into a contemptible coward. Shelving his convictions to hold onto life, when he has previously stated death is no biggie.
>> No. 128293
[x] Tackle her to the ground and wail away at her.
-[x]Punctuate each punch like so:" I. Am. Not. Your. TOOL!"
>> No. 128295
>>128293
Tool? Since when was he being used as such?
Nue is simply asking if he wants help.
>> No. 128296
>>128293
>>128295
Guys! Maybe. Just maybe. We should kiss Nue right now?
>> No. 128298
>>128296
Yes, you are absolutely right. Immediately after, we can lobotomize ourselves, to follow thought with action!
Utter genius. I salute my bowler cap at you, good sir.
>> No. 128299
>>128292

Absolutely.

Knight is no coward.

He fought valiantly on the walls of Acre and accepted his death with dignity. To make him act so shamefully would be to demean everything that he is.
>> No. 128301
[X] Spit at her feet
-[X] "I don't make deals that could potentially damn my soul. Most of all, I don't make deals with the sons and daughters of Satan."

I like this one, she's the "Devil" to Knightanon and he's just gonna up and make a deal with her? To save his life? While whining like a little bitch? Haha, no.
>> No. 128305
>>128301

KnightAnon is teh hardcorez.


Honestly, I have trouble seeing our Gensokyo adventure ending well once he figures out what all these attractive ladies are.

Maybe some of them will wind up "befriending" him Nanoha style, but that doesn't sound like Gensokyo's MO when dealing with normal Humans.

They just tend to get eaten.
>> No. 128306
>>128266

Alright, here's how it works. You've just been exposed to the sight of some horrible, unearthly creature, and the closest identity you can assign it from your own knowledge is a servant of the embodiment of everything evil in the world. You have previously been in a life-or-death situation, in which you chose death to uphold your sense of morality and duty. You are confronted with another possible life-or-death choice. One of these involves pleading for help from said spawn of evil and possibly dooming you to eternal damnation, the other one could lead to death, just as you did before. Based on previous choices, which do you think you'd choose, based on past events?

Also, you seem extremely hostile to any decision that follows a Christian mindset, regardless of whether it is actually extreme or not. In addition, Knightanon has, up till now, shown no signs of blatant bigotry or hatred, the only example being the one with Nue just now. And, as far as most people, religious or not, would act when confronted with a horrific monster, he is not acting out-of-turn or unnecessarily in any way. It seems like you're actually projecting some sort of real life hostility towards anyone who practices Christianity, who you have deemed Christfags. While understandable in some ways, as there is a vocal minority of Christians who would love nothing more then controlling the entire world, this overwhelming hatred towards them seems to be what's controlling your decisions. Try to put aside said hatred while in this thread and make decisions based on what we've seen and experienced so far. If you are unable to leave behind your general dislike for Christians (which ironically, can be considered bigotry, the same action you despise Christians for), then you might wish to reconsider participating within this thread.

[]Refuse her help. Look around, try to find something to grasp and resist the pull of the tentacle.
>> No. 128312
>>128306
Hey guy, she already pulled you in with her tentacle. You are right in front of her now, at her mercy.
>> No. 128328
[X] Don't give in to this demon, better to die with your faith and soul intact and go to Heaven PROPERLY this time.
>> No. 128330
[X] Spit at her feet
-[X] "I don't make deals that could potentially damn my soul. Most of all, I don't make deals with hellspawn like you."
>> No. 128339
A good story wasted. No matter how much I try, I can't just ignore all the comments.
Later.
>> No. 128350
[X] Spit at her feet
-[X] "I don't make deals that could potentially damn my soul. Most of all, I don't make deals with hellspawn like you."
--[X] Begin praying, like you should have been since the beginning.

[Faith Card] Fear No Evil?
>> No. 128352
Okay, I'm having a iddle widdle bit of a problem here;

First, I'd put this as a juncture over whether you wanted to continue with this as is or go back. Now, the write ins are fine and all. But the thing is...I don't know whether you want to die or not.
Second we seem to have a lot of posts aren't votes. Discussion is fine, but some of these sound like they're trying to imply they're voting for something, but that might be my misconception and I'd hate to act falsely on it.
Third, guys. I know you want what you vote for to win, but lets not let this devolve into name calling over it. Acceptance of death doesn't mean you have no fear of it when it stares you in the face. The votes you're being given are what shapes Knightanon into who he is, so if someone believes that he'll show fear in the situation, please don't call them an idiot for it. Okay? At that, even the most religious people can lose their faith if given the right situation. But sometimes they just don't, it's all up to you guys.

I really don't feel like wading through all of that stuff that's been said, so I'm just going to restart the vote here. Please remember to use the
"[X] Insert vote here" format. Normally you'll put them at the start of your posts, then justify it. It makes it much easier for me to find.
if you do a write in, please give me a better idea of what it is you actually mean to have happen, especially in situations like these.

To recap; you're under attack from a monster you've only seen the appendages of so far. Your sword arm is restrained, your legs are restrained, and you're being dragged along backwards through the woods. Nue if offering to save you if you agree to stay at the temple and make her look good in front of Byakuren. As much as I don't want to influence the votes I'll just state outright. The monster is not Nue.
It will kill you.

[] Accept Nue's help (Back to Myouren temple, you owe nue a favor)
[] Die (Bad ends go back to a previous choice, in this case back to the lecture room just before you tried to kill Nue.)
[] - (Please make what you want to happen clear.)
>> No. 128354
I'm all for either my earlier vote of
[X] Spit at her feet
-[X] "I don't make deals that could potentially damn my soul. Most of all, I don't make deals with hellspawn like you."
--[X] Begin praying, like you should have been since the beginning.

or a new idea that just came to me:
[X]Die.
-[X]Meet Yamaxanadu.
--[X]"Saint Peter? Nice guy, but you died in Gensokyo so you're in my jurisdiction."
>> No. 128355
>>128352

[X] Spit at her feet

Anything else would be out of character.
>> No. 128356
>>128352
Might there be a shrine maiden nearby?
>> No. 128357
>>128352
we will actually die then?

In that case changing my vote to
[x] "Fine! Please! HELP!"
>> No. 128358
>>128356
Probably not at the moment.

>>128357
Well technically it paralyzes your limbs on contact with the tendrils, then once you're back with the main body it injects a lethal poison and then drags you into its stomach to be digested alive for as long as the poison (Which is slow working, but incredibly painful) allows you to live.
>> No. 128359
[X]Die.

Not only will it get us out of this situation, but it will reverse the stupid vote that started this mess.
>> No. 128361
So either a slow and painful death or giving up his beliefs.
I am sittin this one out until some write in comes along that solves the problem somehow else.
>> No. 128362
[%] Die.
>> No. 128363
>>128358
Bad. So we won`t be saved.
[X] Die well
[X] End up in Netherworld
[X] Practice sword fight with Youmu.
>> No. 128364
>>128361
Could always just ask her to save us now and deal with the semantics later.

Or make a counter offer, perhaps?
>> No. 128365
[X]Die.
Current route is that Knightanon is convinced that Nue is a demon. Die and go to heaven (for real this time) > accepting deal from a devilspawn.

BAD END
[L]oad
[R]etry
[Q]uit


I like that a bad choice (from Knightanon's point of view) leads to consequences, even if it is just having to back up a bit.

If he dies, I vote
[X]What in God's name was that?
as the new choice when we go back.
Shock, but not the same outright hostility.
Probably with a prayer to God to protect him from whatever witchcraft Nue is trying to use on him.

Basically similar reaction, but replace "I shall smite thee with my mighty blade!" with a healthy dose of cautious suspicion.
>> No. 128374
>>128365
I doubt a chunk of crusaders are going to go to heaven, no matter how you try to pass off a bunch of killing, pillaging and raping as under god's banner, it's still a shitton of sin.

Just Look at Jesus, he didn't go about picking fights, he'd be one to try to sit down and talk things over. It's not a good sign when you're the direct opposite of your religion's most sterling example.

>>128359
You mean the vote that every idiot, mental midget, and retard bandwagoned?
>> No. 128375
[x] "Fine! Please! HELP!"

For the record, I didn't vote for "KILL THE ABOMINATION."
>> No. 128378
>>128374
>You mean the vote that every idiot, mental midget, and retard bandwagoned?
There's really no need for this level of hostility. At all.

If you have an opinion of someone else's vote or how they're expressing themselves, the least you could do is express it with the same level of maturity and intelligence you're demanding of them.
>> No. 128383
[x]Die
Seriously you guys. Seriously.
>> No. 128388
[x]Spit on her
Join sides with such an evil temptress? A devil made manifestation in the flesh? Never

First vote. Presented again for your perusal. I'm going to stick to my guns. Nue can go fuck herself if she thinks we will beg and grovel for our life
>> No. 128391
[X] Die

Lawful Stupid fanatics make terrible main characters.
>> No. 128395
File 128923312756.jpg - (168.72KB , 468x591 , ZombieJC.jpg ) [iqdb]
128395
>>128265
YES DO WANT.

[x] Die

Spectral Holy knight here we come! or perhaps Yuyuko route.
>> No. 128397
[X] Spit at her feet
[X] Die

In this, we have allowed our fanaticism to come to the fore, which is completely understandable. That said, for the next choice, I would like this choice.

[X] Ready our sword in guard position.

In front of us is some creature the likes of which we have never seen. Rushing in might see us devoured by that darkness. But simply letting down our guard is irresponsible. Ready our sword and listen to what the others have to say. If this Hiriji has tied the being up, she obviously possesses some form of power or influence over the beast.
>> No. 128399
>>128397
>[X] Ready our sword in guard position.
Look at >>128352
>To recap; you're under attack from a monster you've only seen the appendages of so far. Your sword arm is restrained, your legs are restrained, and you're being dragged along backwards through the woods. Nue if offering to save you if you agree to stay at the temple and make her look good in front of Byakuren. As much as I don't want to influence the votes I'll just state outright. The monster is not Nue.
It will kill you.
>> No. 128400
>>128395
it'll be "Bad end" back one choice. Or are you just too fucking stupid to read the posts.

>>128378
But I have to use such crude words to drive through their thick skulls that such shit won't be appreciated here. This story is among the ground zeroes of the retard epidemic this board is suffering.
>> No. 128401
>>128399
No shit. Which is why I voted for [X] Die. My ready in guard position is for after our inevitable death and we find ourselves in front of Nue back at the temple again.
>> No. 128402
>>128397
Good lord you are stupid.
Not only do you fail completely on reading comprehension, but you are even trying to vote in advance of the actual story?
Begone
>> No. 128403
>>128374
Whether or not Crusaders go to heaven or not doesn't actually matter.
Knightanon BELIEVES he will go to Heaven, so why risk losing eternal bliss by making a deal with what might be the Devil himself in disguise?
In fact, it's not a giant leap of his imagination to assume that this entire thing could be just that.
He DID die on that wall, he WAS going to Heaven. It's just that the Devil detoured him for a final shot at corrupting his soul by tricking him into accepting a deal with him.

That's why I think it would make more sense for him to turn down her offer, since we've gone onto the "SMITE EVIL!" route.
>> No. 128408
2all:
>A perfect blend of fear and hate! It's amazing!
>> No. 128410
Wow... my fears are indeed ultimately realized about those lawful stupid faggots shitting up the story.
>> No. 128411
>>128408
>2all
I swear to fucking god. I am getting incredibly tired of pointing out stupidity on this thread in specific.

Listen, I implore you. If you are relatively new here, do not type like a moron. This includes using textspeak, (by which I mean numbers instead of letters.) Do not use emoticons. Do not use *actions*. Do not vote like a retard in general. If you cannot do such things, than this site is not the place for you.
>> No. 128414
>>128412
Are you being facetious? Do you truly know not of sage? Please tell me you are kidding.
>> No. 128415
>>128414

No, he's just being a retard.
>> No. 128416
>>128415
I am honest to god flabbergasted. This goes beyond mere unfamiliarity of the board. This man, nay, this thing doesn't even know of common board functions. Truly, the newest of the newfags.
>> No. 128417
To the writer: You should disallow write ins, at least until the story is free of the retards infesting it.
>> No. 128419
>>128417
The reason this site is now lumped in with the likes of gaia and fanfiction.net whenever it's mentioned on /jp/ is because of people like >>128412 and >>128395. Why have they not been banned?
>> No. 128420
>>128417
The problem isn't the write-ins, it's the votes.

"In a democracy the [strike]poor[/strike] stupid will have more power than the [strike]rich[/strike] smart, because there are more of them, and the will of the majority is supreme."
>> No. 128422
>>128420

Well, unless you manipulate the stupid...
>> No. 128423
>>128420
[strike]
>> No. 128424
>>128420
That too but we're in this mess because some retard went and made a write in that was over the top "Kill the demons" which the other retards bandwagoned, making any efforts at GOOD votes basically impossible. Limiting write ins at the very least would minimize the damage they cause.
>> No. 128426
[X] Die.

It doesn't take long for the creature to wrap it's way around your last arm, almost completely immobilizing you. As if the prospect of death weren't bad enough, Nue continues to float along after you, and she's still trying convince you to give in and accept her help.

"C'mooon~. I'll kill it in no time, get you loose and carry you back! It'll be great!"

Thus far you've simply ignored her. You don't need her help, and besides if Nue could find you, Shou or Hijiri will eventually too. It's just a matter of time.

However, time is one thing you don't have. The creature suddenly stops dragging you along, you feel your feet being pulled into a hole in the ground. You strain your numbed arms, trying to grab onto the edge. "Whoa! Whoa! No! Bad monster!" Nue grabs your arm and begins tugging you back to the surface. It seems even if you'd never agreed, she'll help you anyway.
_____________

A hundred arms, as many legs, and eyes to each. You are older than this forest and anyone within, or without.
Your hunt today has proven fruitful. The rare treat of a human being.

A parasite has hold of it, preventing you from gaining your hard earned meal.
In your infinite wisdom and generosity, you share your meal with the parasite. You extend the strongest of your arms, its edge like that of the sword your meal had held before.

You carve the meal, of course the largest portion should go to you. But the parasite may enjoy the arm, while you draw the rest in.
It is a good day to be you. Yes indeed.

BAD END
>> No. 128427
>>128426>>128077


Hijiri stands in the same spot she had been in before, entirely unaffected by the display of Nue's powers. "You never learn."

"But you see, right? He's not scared or anything!"

Hijiri and Shou both turn to look at you, apparently they want your opinion on the matter. Well-

[] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
[] "What in gods name was that?!"
[] *Girlish screaming*
>> No. 128428
[x] Back to the temple.
-[x] "What in gods name was that?!"

Hopefully things will go better this time.
>> No. 128431
[x]What in God's name was that.

>>128426
As the writer, it is your right to disallow silly or stupid choices, so that they don't derail your plot. However, our choices so far were perfectly in-line with characterization, and should not have been rewarded with a foolish bad end, simply because it went outside of your story. When these things happen (and they will), you simply learn to adapt the situation back into one you are comfortable weaving.
>> No. 128432
[X]Begin praying.
>> No. 128436
>>128431
To be honest it was less a personal distaste for the option you'd chosen and more my own inadequacy as a writer. With Gensokyo filled to the brim with creatures like Nue, I simply couldn't find a satisfactory way for that plot direction to continue without severe problems.

I'm writing for several reasons, partially because I want to improve, more because I want to entertain some folks, but also because I find it fun. Pursuit of that option was most likely possible, but to me at the least it didn't really seem all that much fun further down the road for anyone, let alone myself and those that had vehemently opposed the idea.
>> No. 128437
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."

It may be something the likes of which he has never seen, but it's not exactly horrifying. Shocking, maybe, but the charnel pits that are medieval battlefields are full of horrible sights.
>> No. 128438
>>128436
Those are my sentiments exactly.

>>128431
Thing is knightanon's character wasn't exactly set in stone as we're in the process of building it and nothing before the temple choice even suggested a particularly zealotry. Such a path in the long run would have killed the story as people would drop it, which would compound the hit to morale the writer would take if he wasn't partial for a "I must kill all the demons" secenario, which he wasn't at all.
>> No. 128440
[X] "What in gods name was that?!"

Since we're back here again, I vote surprise and suspicion but not outright hostility.


>>128423
Yeah, I haven't had reason to strike out text before, so I was just guessing what the tag was.
So what exactly IS the tag for it?
>> No. 128441
>>128440
[s].
>> No. 128442
>>128420
Don't you remember the 2000 elections, where the Rich indeed stole it?

>>128440
[ s] [ /s] but take out the spaces.
>> No. 128443
>>128436
>Pursuit of that option was most likely possible...didn't really seem all that much fun further down

I completely understand where you are coming from. However, this is a CYOA. If the story isn't being fun to write anymore, it's your responsibility to make it fun and enjoyable to all.

Just as it is your responsibility to roll with the votes sometimes, when they don't go within expected parables.
>> No. 128444
>>128426
[x] "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN!! YOU HAVE NO PLACE HERE! IN THE NAME OF THE LORD, OUR GOD, I SHALL SLAY THEE!"
Eh, Pissing against the tide might go a little different this time around.
>> No. 128445
>>128443
even CYOAs have limits and goals to them, and some things you just can't make fun. You seem badly mistaken on how a CYOA works. It is not "Author does whatever shit anon wants" nor even "Author does whatever he wants over anon's word", but "Anon helps the author on his tale".

And contrary to you and your lawful stupid circle jerk, most folks would not enjoy such a route and would have most likely caused this story to be classified as "the one with all the retards".
>> No. 128446
[X] "What in gods name was that?!"
>> No. 128450
>>128445
>It is not "Author does whatever shit anon wants"
You seem badly mistaken about this entire site. This is literally what started the entire thing. Granted, we have come a long ways from WUIG, but the standard measure still holds bar.

It's an authors job to make the outline of a story, and provide choices that will follow us along some determined path's. Sometimes, such as currently, a vote wins that does not follow said paths. Instead of railroading them straight back onto the tracks, it is far more conducive to roll with the punch's, and get the story where you want it to be again, instead of arbitrarily decided its not worth it, and just bad ending.

Conversely, its a readers job to provide critique, and vote, and encourage discussion between themselves, in sake of furthering the writers skill.

>lawful stupid circle jerk
Please do not make it so obvious that you are new here.
>> No. 128453
>>128450
What else explains so many people hopping on board with such a bad vote? It's either that or vote spam. For all your talk you seem to forget the massive failures stemming from poor anon control.

And the whole "please help me!" choice was the author's attempt at getting things where he wanted them, which you and your retard brigade ignored, ultimately leading to said bad end.

And if you weren't new, then you'd know better than to force your way on to a story, so knock the fuck off, newfag.
>> No. 128455
>>128453
>What else explains so many people hopping on board with such a bad vote?
Maybe its the fact that it is actually a decent vote? Its in character, and it made perfect sense for him to do. Personally, I thought it was a little extreme, but the same could be said for the opposite.

>author's attempt at getting things where he wanted them
And I have already explained this away also. I understand entirely what he was doing by giving us that vote. But this is a CYOA, you keep seeming to forget that. This isn't just standard shitty fanfiction, where he tells a story, and we just read along. It's his responsibility to follow our votes (if reasonable, which they were), and make due.

>you weren't new...know better than to force your way on to a story, blah blah
Please do not make baseless assumptions about my character. I have refrained from doing the same with you.

Heres a hint, just for you. I didn't make, or even vote for that vote you seem to hate so much.
>> No. 128457
>>128455
>It's his responsibility to follow our votes (if reasonable, which they were), and make due.

I'm sorry, but as far as I'm concerned it wasn't.
>> No. 128460
[X]Begin praying.

We are faithful, yes?
>> No. 128461
>>128457
Than that makes you a bad writer. Simple as that.
You put us into a situation entirely of our own making, and we followed our established and expected characterization through. You rewarded that with death.

Worse still, is that most anons who voted to die, or to attack Nue, provided their reasoning's (most such posts were simple to follow) and you didn't respect, or even refute them. Disregarding the wishes of the majority of your writers, simply to make things easier on yourself, is bad writing.
>> No. 128465
>>128461

>>128436
>To be honest it was less a personal distaste for the option you'd chosen and more my own inadequacy as a writer.

Just to make it clear, from ten minutes after the first vote for that option had been made I pointed out in no confusing terms that choosing the option might lead to a bad end. I did so right here; >>128086 and then I clarified what a bad end would mean later on. >>128096

Once these two things were made clear, I never received a complaint, or call to allow the option to pass through without the possibility of a bad end. Aside from the one other vote that happened beforehand, every single vote was made with my post there, and in many early cases with links or comments upon the idea in mind. In fact, many seemed to vote for it specifically because they knew it would end that way and that they could vote again once the scene had played it's course.
>> No. 128466
Authors have long had the options of a bad ends.

what the fuck is all the complaining about.

Arguing fucks up stories even more then stupid votes does.
>> No. 128467
>>128465
>the option might lead to a bad end.
Everyone knew that. Its why the option was a bad end that is important. Our knight currently couldn't even scratch Meiling. Attacking the Nue head on, without some limitation on her power is suicidal, at best. Seeing as she was restrained, we were able to do our shit without hesitation. Everyone understood that, and was willing to go with it.

The fact you than bad ended us in an entirely unrelated situation that we had no escape from (and no, begging a monster for our life was not acceptable, or in character), which also had no bearing on our previous vote. That is unexcusable.
>> No. 128468
>>128461
>Than that makes you a bad writer.
You'll note he admitted as much in >>128436. It was a stupid decision of him to offer "[ ] Die" as a choice if nothing but a half-page bad end was waiting for us, and if the railroad starts going full steam, I'll drop this story, but I'm willing to forgive this single mistake in judgment on a provisional basis, and I hope others do the same.

That said:
>>128457
You're writing a story about a holy crusader sucked into a land of monsters of myth and legend, and you don't seem to have considered the possibility that Anon would vote to dislike one or two of them to the point of antagonism. That is not a good thing.

More pressingly, you made '[ ] Die' available as a choice, but when it was chosen, you copped out with a short bad end that didn't even tell us anything new about our character or the world around him. This means that either:

* you thought you could predict which option Anon would choose and used '[ ] Die' to take up space,
* you didn't think at all about the paths your story would take and only realized after it won that it would lead to a bad end, or
* you think that the sort of bad end you used is an appropriate and enjoyable part of a story.

None of these things are optimal, and the first two (and more likely) possibilities lead me to believe that, like many new authors before you, you've done very little planning for this story and expect wandering around Gensokyo to be the primary source of enjoyment, or that you have planned for a story without any choices and expect Anon to march in lockstep to the sound of the plot drums. Be advised that WUiG was virtually the first and last example of the former type of CYOA, and using the 'penny dreadful' update planning strategy will not stay exciting for long, and that the latter type of CYOA is not a CYOA at all.
>> No. 128469
>>128468
You are one eloquent mother fucker. You said it far better than I did. Thanks.
>> No. 128472
I'm probably the only one here, but I kind of liked the BAD END.
I hope Smite-Knight will have a good afterlife, whether it's in Heaven or Hakugyoukurou, because his alternate self will continue the adventure he left behind and in a few more updates no one will care anymore.
>> No. 128477
>>128468
>None of these things are optimal, and the first two (and more likely) possibilities lead me to believe that, like many new authors before you, you've done very little planning for this story and expect wandering around Gensokyo to be the primary source of enjoyment, or that you have planned for a story without any choices and expect Anon to march in lockstep to the sound of the plot drums.

I actually decided early on to keep a basic idea of what directions the story might go in, along with the personalities of at the least most of the characters...It just seemed to me that if I put too much into plotting one or another group or centralizing around a character, I'd be disappointed if the route chose another direction.
I don't have the posts for it written up, but I try to keep about three updates ahead in terms of the choices. That is more often than not I could list off the next three likely options, but once the actual post goes up more often than not the wording has changed and in one case the entire direction of the story changed.

I'll freely admit that I handled the bad end poorly, but to be honest I just didn't know what else to do with it. Establishing that the forest has monsters that aren't the cast of happy girls was something I wanted to do earlier, but the fuzzballs I felt hadn't quiet gotten the point across enough.

>>128472
I'm not sure whether to read that as "Nobody will care about the bad end anymore" or "Nobody will care about the story anymore".
The latter is distressing, but more likely.
>> No. 128478
>>128477
Sorry for being vague. I meant that no one will care about the bad end.
I like the story, and will stay with it until it's finished or obviously dead.
>> No. 128481
[x] Die

"A choice between death and The Temptress: I choose death."

Having said that... is Nue really going to stand there and let Knightanon die? I mean, watch him get eaten and then go back and explain THAT to Hijiri?

Nah, she's gonna wait exactly as long as it takes for her to realize it's not a bluff, and then grudgingly pull him out.

Somebody mentioned that knightanon is basically a nothing compared to the touhous, so he shouldn't arrogantly spite them. Well, that's true, but at the same time someone who bends just because someone is more powerful, who gives in like that... I mean, I would prefer we retain the original character from the very first scene: a normal, limited human, who is bloodied but unbowed, even to death.
>> No. 128484
>>128481
I don't know how you missed it, but we already voted and saw the conclusion for that.
See >>128426
>retain the original character...bloodied but unbowed, even to death.
Glad to see someone gets it.
>> No. 128485
[x] "She does have a point. I've seen and been through worse."
>>128477
See, this is what happens when you mix an influx of newfags with a fresh writer without experience, don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon enough as long as you're humble and willing to learn. Anon is a strange beast and difficult to control even under best of conditions, let this be a lesson:
Don't be afraid to lead anon by the nose ocassionally.
When they do stupid shit, kill them off hard, fast and often, railroading is not always bad, it depends on how you apply it.
Don't be afraid to be controversial, but don't make it your modus operandi either, nothing's more annoying than a writefag on a crusade (excuse that one).
Have a vision, and stick to it, but don't stop evaluating input either, it can offer clues to whether your vision is appreciated.
Have fun. Seriously, there's no point in writing if you're not enjoying yourself, it'll just become a rote unpleasantness for both the reader and yourself.

As for the newfags around:
Stop that god damn moralfaggotry.
Stop making the main character lawful stupid.
(http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LawfulStupid)
It can only be a detriment to the story as a whole, as much as you might think it's "realistic" for a crusader to be, some of us actually enjoy a character with more than "Herp derp god lol DIE DEMON!!!111oneoneone" for intelligence.
If you can't do proper religionfaggotry, don't do it at all, minimum level of discussion of theology should be set at what you'd hear in a doctoral thesis.
Yes, I am aware most of you can't reach that. Why do you think the level is set that high?
>> No. 128490
File 128925352116.png - (65.52KB , 642x1083 , 1251607615844.png ) [iqdb]
128490
>I`m truly sorry, Mr. malito:sage!
Ban that guy. There is nothing else to say about this.

[x] "What in gods name was that?!"

>>128468
>>128485
Listen to them Karesh. And get on IRC where all the Writers reside. Most of the time it is about dicks but they will help you.
>> No. 128492
[X] "What in gods name was that?!"

And...seriously, people? Can we be civil about this? I know we're talking about Anonymous, and expecting polite discussion is a stupid idea, but can we at least be polite when you're calling someone a retard?

Seriously?
>> No. 128496
>>128492
There is exactly one buttdevestated character in this thread. It is this guy.
>>128485
>>128276
>>128410
>>128445
His insistence on calling everyone who disagrees with him a lawful stupid moralfaggot is just as bad as any actual moralfaggotry debate.
>> No. 128504
[x]"What in god's name was that? Is that child possessed?!"

Yep, I'm the guy who came up with the "GET BACK SPAWN OF SATAN" vote. Flame at your leisure.
>> No. 128507
>>128504 No need. you just made the post to rectify the bad post you made even better [x] this guys vote.
>> No. 128508
>>128496

Had you said 'two of these four posts are Wiseman' you'd have gotten a prize. Instead, you just get to be wrong.
>> No. 128513
[x]"What in god's name was that? Is that child possessed?!"
Much better than your last vote, that's for sure.
>> No. 128518
[x]"What in god's name was that? Is that child possessed?!"
>> No. 128519
[x]"What in god's name was that? Is that child possessed?!"

Like I said before the actual voting started.
I think confusion and cautious suspicion is a good reaction, but no more slaying.
>> No. 128520
>>128490
I love you. I shall keep that image in memory of how I unintentionally caused everyone rage.
I AM forgiven right?
>> No. 128521
>>128520

No, you're reported.
>> No. 128522
File 128926323977.jpg - (403.82KB , 689x1000 , c0053ad6e7a00898d51632defae25894.jpg ) [iqdb]
128522
[x] "What in God's name was that?!"

You back away from the trio, sword drawn and leveled toward Nue. Even if she is bound to the wall, she's just made it quite clear that such things don't mean much for a demon like her. Your back hitting the wall behind and your hand shaking slightly, you stare straight at Nue. "What in gods name was that?!"

Hijiri turns back to Nue. You catch only a glimpse of her expression as she turns, but one thing is made very clear by how angry she looked; You are very glad you're not Nue at the moment.
Shou on the other hand walks toward you, first she lightly pushes your sword toward the ground, not wanting to cause a confrontation with overt hostility you comply, lowering your blade and eventually re-sheathing it.
With any immediate danger from you gone, Shou puts a hand on your shoulder.

"I don't know what she showed you...but it wasn't real. Nue can't create monsters, or change her form in the true sense. Only disguise herself and other objects.
As long as she's chained up, there's nothing she can do to harm you. Do you understand?"

If what she says is true, you're entirely safe. And certainly, Hijiri and Shou's calm responses to all that has been happening to seem to point toward a distinct lack of danger.

"So...she's not a threat?"

"Not so long as she's in that state."

The news that Nue cannot actually do harm to you is far less of a comfort than you'd hoped, considering that apparently she doesn't actually need to be anywhere near you to torment you. The idea of her being capable of projecting these images into your mind from anywhere sends a shiver down your spine.

Shou releases your shoulder, continuing her explanation; "So long as you keep what she actually is in mind, her powers won't w-"

"Shou!" Hijiri shouts as she marches over the room toward you. Apparently she's finished her discussion with Nue, and glancing over Hijiri's shoulder you can see Nue has been gagged at some point or another. "Fetch Murasa, Nue is to be confined to quarters until further notice. No food for a week."

Shou nods, performing a polite bow in your direction before briskly leaving the room. After a moment Hijiri turns her attention back to you. Gesturing toward the door before walking out herself.
With no better idea of what to do, you follow her. There's a short walk in silence, but eventually Hijiri speaks up. "I'm afraid I must apologize for your discomfort during your stay...Nue hasn't acted this way before."

"She doesn't normally scare people?"

"Oh, goodness no. She does that all the time; it's her nature, and on some level how she gains sustenance. It's just that normally she's shown the good sense to avoid targets that have gaping wounds in their chests."

"I see...If that's the case, why do you keep her around? And how do you restrain her?"

Hijiri lets loose a chuckle, glancing over her shoulder at you "Thinking about getting some revenge, are we?"

You're not entirely sure whether she's avoided the first question on purpose or not, but you don't feel it would be polite to ask again immediately. "Certainly not...I'm just curious."

"Well...I suppose to start with; I'm a Magician. A practitioner of magic.
The chains that bind Nue are designed to restrain their wearer according to my will. As a requirement for living here, she is to wear them at all times. But so long as I will it, she doesn't feel them, and no-one save myself can see them."

Magic? Certainly it would explain how she controls Nue so well. And although you've certainly heard of witches and heretical uses from time to time, you've seen no sign that Hijiri is anything less than genuine in her kindness. Besides which, for the time being at least she's proving an able source of information.

"She...Agreed to that? Why?"

"Well, if she ever wishes to leave the temple the spell is broken. But truth be told, I wasn't expecting her to agree so easily either.
If I had to guess why, I'd say it's because she's quite fond of most of the crew. "

Hijiri stops walking, and it's only then that you realize you've both found your way to the exit of the building. It suddenly occurs to you; you've no idea where you are. Meiling had sent you in this direction, but you'd never confirmed with anyone whether or not this was the place she'd spoken of.

"Miss Hijir-"

"Please, if you're going to be so formal; I'd appreciate if you'd use Byakuren instead."

Her interruption and insistence strikes you as odd, but nevertheless you continue. "Very well...Miss Byakuren. Where are we, exactly?"

"Myouren Temple. My temple, a place built with the purpose of advancing cooperation and coexistence between Youkai and Human beings.
As I understand it, you don't yet know what a Youkai is, do you?"

"I've...Begun to understand, I believe."

"No, you haven't. Nue is simply one example. There are as many kinds of Youkai as there are kinds of people, and to judge them all by comparing them to her is the same as judging all humanity as compared to you. Shou, for example is a Youkai as well."

"She...she is? But sh-"

"Looks as human as anyone else, is one of the gentlest and bravest souls I know of. But is a Youkai all the same. With that in mind, I'll be up front, Sir Knight. Whether or not you forgive Nue personally is your own concern. But if you feel obligated to mistrust all Youkai before you truly know or understand them, then I cannot allow you to stay.
However, I owe you much, Nue did what she did under my watch. I'm willing to grant you the benefit of the doubt, so long as you do the same for them. If not, I'll escort you to the Human village or anywhere else you wish immediately. The choice is entirely yours."

[ ] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
[ ] "I'm afraid I don't believe I can stay. But I'd greatly appreciate your escort to ." (Human Village default)
[ ] "I require no escort, return my armor and I shall make my own way."
>> No. 128524
>>128521
Ow. Well, bad luck for me. If I do get banned, at least I can read the stories.
>> No. 128525
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
>> No. 128526
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
[x] Even if Nue is confined you wish to speak with her. Alone.

>Whether or not you forgive Nue personally is your own concern. But if you feel obligated to mistrust all Youkai before you truly know or understand them, then I cannot allow you to stay.
>I'm willing to grant you the benefit of the doubt, so long as you do the same for them

Very well. What she said makes sense, we must speak with Nue and find out if we can forgive her or not.
>However, I owe you much, Nue did what she did under my watch
Afterwards we could ask her to release Nue if we choose to forgive her. Maybe even get her to join with us while exploring the Land.
>> No. 128527
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
>> No. 128528
>>128520

See >>/gensokyo/6052

You're not getting banned this time, but you should be aware for the future.
>> No. 128529
>>128528
Well, that's a relief. Thanks man.
I'll do my best.
>> No. 128531
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
Thanks for making me remember why I love Byakuren so much.
>> No. 128533
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
[x] Even if Nue is confined you wish to speak with her. (Alone optional)

I'm still interested in whatever she was doing.
>> No. 128534
>>128528
You should post this on /th/ and not here. Most people will read it if you sticky it here.
>> No. 128535
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.

Let's be honest here. We dealt with death on a daily basis to the point we were probably sick of it back in Acre. This looks like a chance to calm down and actually rest. Even if this Byakuren is a Magician of some sorts, she obviously has things in hand. We'll keep an eye on her, but let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.
>> No. 128537
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
[x] Even if Nue is confined you wish to speak with her. Alone.
>> No. 128538
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
>> No. 128539
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
>> No. 128540
>>128535

[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.

I'll agree to that. But, perhaps we best not linger here too much. Knightanon should, in my humble opinion, ask for a situation report of 1) where he is, 2) the who's who of the land, 3) what exactly did Nue do to him, and 4) how to get rid of that snake mark on his arm. Then respectfully part ways with the temple crew, mostly because hanging around a malevolent/capricious force, even if contained and benign, that finds us interesting is not in Knightanon's best interests. Offering to make an errand or carry a message for them to some place else would be a good way to remain in their good graces and still leave without incident.
>> No. 128542
[X] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
>> No. 128544
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.

Please end debate, unless relevant to the immediate vote. It's a sad thing when anon's word count exceeds the author's when talking about an internet offense.
>> No. 128548
[X]Ask how to remove the snake mark on his arm.
[x]"Temple... so, Youkai are Jews, then?"
>> No. 128549
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustwo
- [x]"Temple... so, Youkai are Jews, then?"

2nd part is just for the hell of it, love to see their reaction to something stupid like that.

But while I don't wanna stay at the temple forever, I believe this would be a good first step for Knightanon. He needs to learn about the situation and the residents of Gensokyo. Byakuren and crew would be a great help with that. Almost wanna see Knightanon with Nue but I don't believe it's meant to be. Sort of want him to stay pure and Nue isn't quite that now is she?
>> No. 128558
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy.
>> No. 128566
>>128548
Looking it up on Wikipedia, it's Reform Jews that have Temples; the Jews of Knightanon's time had Synagogues.
>> No. 128572
[x] Shou and Hijiri both have been nothing but helpful, whether or not they're Youkai or Magician, they're obviously trustworthy
>> No. 128581
[x] "I require no escort, return my armor and I shall make my own way."
>...x10
This is getting ridiculous, guy.