[Return]
Archived thread

File 128796760245.jpg - (92.11KB , 600x916 , 1275197181617.jpg ) [iqdb]
126187 No. 126187
Thread 1: >>123033
Thread 2: >>124226
Thread 3: >>124917
Thread 4: >>125518


[X] I’ll show her how ‘bullet hell’ is done. UNLIMITED RAY SPELL WORKS!


You dive to your left, flopping gracelessly in the corn stubble at Keine’s feet as the cluster of magic projectiles blast past you. Lurching to your feet, you make a symbol with your hands and-

“No!” Keine shouts. “Don’t hurt her! It’s nonlethal!”

“I freaking know!” you yell, diving for the dirt as another dozen comets blast overhead. You cast Haste. “It isn’t my first spell-duel!” Sanae has taken to the air, weaving and ducking in anticipation of your counter-attack. You catch sight of Keine and Cirno scrambling for distance as Sanae unleashes another attack, a proper cloud of missiles now that the bystanders are clear.

This time you’re ready, sprinting and zig-zagging through the field as bright comets blast clods of dirt into the air all around you. Your Overland Flight spell you cast that morning is still in effect, but you move much faster while Hasted, and your reactions are a bit better, too.

“I’m just getting started, you bully!” Sanae shouts down at you, and sends more bright comets streaking at you, accompanied by a blitz of smaller bolts of light. You put on more speed, straining yourself to the limit as the shorn field is blasted asunder by Sanae’s ferocious attacks. For a moment you’re sorely tempted to turn the little beast into a frog; but with her currently airborne, the option is sorely closed. Instead, you come to a halt and thrust your palm forth, sending a tiny glowing bead streaking up towards Sanae.

“That can’t be all you’ve got,” Sanae says, easily dodging the single magical bead. “Take me seriously and-”

With a percussive BAM!, the Explosive Fireball detonates, the edge of the blast catching Sanae and sending her tumbling through the air. She stabilizes just in time to duck Melf’s Acid Arrow.

“My turn,” she announces confidently, and another sweep of her stick- which you now assume to be a wand- unleashes an attack like you’ve never seen before. An explosion of energy bursts forth from Sanae in a tornadic spiral, a glowing whirlwind of destruction that expands towards you rapidly.

The cyclone of energy reaches you, their inevitable approach seeming almost sluggish as your excellent reflexes, honed by years of life-or-death combat, take over. You spot a gap developing in the expanding pattern and bolt to meet it, your feet kicking up clods of earth as the entire sky fills with Sanae’s wrath. You close the last few yards, and dive for the safe spot, your Ring of Evasion radiating warmth as it’s magic engages, guiding your tumbling body through the storm as great showers of dirt climb into the air from detonating wind-bullets.

For a few long moments there’s no sound save the soft whumps of dirt clods falling back to earth. The cloud of atomized dirt is blasted away with a wave of Sanae’s wand, revealing you standing upright, untouched, and very pissed off in the midst of the destruction.

“Amateur,” you sneer.

“Asshole!” retorts Sanae.

“SCREEEEEE!” screams the hippogriff.

“Whaaa!” Sanae screams in abrupt terror as the hippogriff, which you summoned a few feet to her left, charges in to attack. Catching her completely by surprise, it takes everything the green-haired girl has to evade the powerful blows of the half-ton creature’s formidable claws. You take the time to cast another spell, and finally take to the air to put yourself at Sanae’s altitude.

Above, Sanae manages to get a little distance from her hippogriff assailant, and has just drawn back her wand to atomize the beast, when you finally unleash some danmaku of your own- Issac’s Lesser Missile Storm. Ten magical force-bolts blast from your hands towards the hapless miko. With a hippogriff on her left, and a cloud of missiles hurtling in from below, Sanae darts to the right.

The hollow-sounding doonk! of Sanae’s head bouncing off the invisible Wall of Force is clearly audible from across the field. She wobbles unsteadily, trying to orient herself, but the missiles are already upon her, a few blasting the Celestial hippogriff back to the dimension from whence it came, and the rest blasting into Sane, hammering her against the Force Wall relentlessly.

The green-haired miko tumbles limply from the sky, and you dive to intercept, catching her just before she impacts the ground. You land gently, still holding a moaning Sanae in your arms. Keine and Cirno come sprinting across the smouldering field, Cirno whooping and cheering with delight.

“What the hell did you do!?” Keine says when she reaches you, leaning over to inspect Sanae. “You knocked her senseless!”

“She’s just stunned,” you object, as Sanae begins to shake off the effects, blinking blearily and looking around.

“That was awesome,” Cirno declares avidly. “She was like whoosh and you were like VROOOOM and she was like ASSHOLE and you were like-”

“Cirno, hush,” Keine scolds gently. Sanae seems to come around, her bleary eyes finally focusing on you.

“... hi?” she tries uncertainly.

“I believe we’ve already exchanged salutations,” you reply deadpan.

“Uh, right. You, uh, caught me?”

“Yeah.”

“Oh... thanks?” She clutches her hands to her chest nervously, and now that she’s not trying to blast you, you notice she’s actually quite pretty, green hair or no.

“Put her down,” Keine says flatly.

“I’m not sure if she can stand just yet-”

“I’ll help her,” Keine says in clipped tones, looking at you sternly. You sigh, and gently set the miko on her feet. She sways for a moment, but finds her balance.

“Now,” Keine says, “you mind telling us why you just attacked my friend?”

“He’s your friend?” Sanae says, surprised. “But Miss Kamishirasawa, you’re... you’re...”

“What?”

Nice!” Sanae exclaims.

“Yeah, um... not sure how that happened, either,” Keine admits. “But still, being a smartass isn’t reason enough to initiate danmaku. Even if half the people in Gensyoko attack for less,” Keine says, sighing.

“But Marisa said he was a total jerk, and I shouldn’t trust him!” Sanae objects.

“What did Marisa say, exactly?”

“Well,” Sanae says, counting off on her fingers, “she said he smashed in her front door, hit her with a table, threw a pot of mushrooms at her, swiped her mini-hakkero and taunted her with it, stole a few books, and called her flat-chested.”

“Um,” you reply, rubbing the back of your head awkwardly. “I guess that would give you the wrong impression.”

“From the way you greeted me, I’d say it was the right impression,” Sanae says, crossing her arms and pouting a bit.

“How about the way you greeted me?” you object, offended. “Hark, art thou the knave who accosted mine lady Marisa? Have at thee!”

“You still didn’t have to say all those mean things,” Sanae says, biting her lip and looking at the ground. You can scarcely believe that the cute, pouting teen in front of you was unleashing such hellacious energies at you only minutes ago.

“Listen, I was just-”

“Whatever,” Sanae says, turning to hide her face, still examining the ground. Keine gives you a helpless look and shrugs.

Apperently your sarcastic jibes hurt Sanae more then your half-strength spells did.

[ ] Compliment Sanae’s abilities.
[ ] Compliment Sanae’s looks.
[ ] Check out Sanae’s ass.
[ ] Recant nothing!

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is going to be a strong factor in how Sanae feels towards you for a while. Remember the gist of your earlier jibes when choosing.

>> No. 126189
And yes, I realized after I wrote the update that the MC didn't actually use any ray spells. >_>
>> No. 126194
>The hollow-sounding doonk! of Sanae’s head bouncing off the invisible Wall of Force is clearly audible from across the field.
Hehe.

[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.

Complimenting her skills is right out, since they weren't really that impressive from our wizard's point of view and he's not the sort to give empty compliments; besides, it was the jibes at her looks that got her upset. Now that's she's mildly concussedsettled down, she should be able to appreciate the subtle compliment here, and delivering it along with a backhanded insult makes it seem more sincere than if we just monotone "you are very pretty and I'm sorry for calling you an algae frog princess" (although presumably Keine will see what we did there). In the event that she jumps to Maria's defense, substitute "gullible" for "slow in the head" and it still works.

Inb4 people vote for "Recant nothing!" because "LOL ITLL BE FUNY AND HES A DIKC NEWAY".
>> No. 126196
[x] >>126191

Sounds good to me. I'm also against simply complementing whatever it was she tried to do to us, seeing how it amounted to very little.

I want to know if the Summon Monster III (Celestial Hippogriff) thing would be considered against the rules though. We really do need some clarification on the danmaku duel system as a whole.
>> No. 126198
[x] Recant nothing!

She still attacked us and didn't even apologize, wizard is no doormat.

Awesome fight scene by the way, I'm truly glad it ended up winning.
>> No. 126199
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.

I'm just gonna go with this.
>> No. 126201
[X] Recant nothing!

Fuck you, Sanae, we're in the right!
>> No. 126203
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.

>>126196
There is a precedent for this sort of thing in the spellcard rules, in the use of familiars/slaves. [Shikigami "Ran Yakumo"] is an excellent example of this.

As long as we don't break out the pseudonatural dire weasels, we should be within our rights to summon monsters.
>> No. 126204
[X] Sarcasm ahoy!
-[X] Oh lawdy lawdy I was meeeeeean oh yus I suppose your attacking me is perfectly justified then oh yus I mean that's what I do all the time blasting people into utter nothingness because they're a bit snippy oh wait no
-[X] I don't actually do that at all
-[X] Because it's stupid
-[X] You're stupid
-[X] I oughta turn you into a frog
-[X] Now, are you gonna act all indignant--and I can't even call it righteous indignation here, because it's not--or do you wanna give us a hand with the ghost infestation?
>> No. 126207
[X]Recant nothing!

The winner doesn't have to explain jack. I WOULD tell her, however, you did all that stuff to Marisa JUST because she stole your spellbook. If that's how "petty" theft was handled, how do you think assault would be treated?
(Menacing look)

I still would have preferred not to reveal and blow half a dozen of our offensive spells on something as childish as this but eh, oh well. At least we didn't polymorph her. THAT'd probably lead to consequences later.
>> No. 126210
This made me laugh so I'm voting for it

[X] Sarcasm ahoy!
-[X] Oh lawdy lawdy I was meeeeeean oh yus I suppose your attacking me is perfectly justified then oh yus I mean that's what I do all the time blasting people into utter nothingness because they're a bit snippy oh wait no
-[X] I don't actually do that at all
-[X] Because it's stupid
-[X] You're stupid
-[X] I oughta turn you into a frog
-[X] Now, are you gonna act all indignant--and I can't even call it righteous indignation here, because it's not--or do you wanna give us a hand with the ghost infestation?
>> No. 126213
File 128797190830.jpg - (33.98KB , 500x334 , 128851045311320110.jpg ) [iqdb]
126213
[X]Recant nothing!

Wizard McWyvernchoker submits to NO ONE
>> No. 126214
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126216
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126218
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.


>[X] Sarcasm ahoy!
>-[X] Oh lawdy lawdy I was meeeeeean oh yus I suppose your attacking me is perfectly justified then oh yus I mean that's what I do all the time blasting people into utter nothingness because they're a bit snippy oh wait no
>-[X] I don't actually do that at all
>-[X] Because it's stupid
>-[X] You're stupid
>-[X] I oughta turn you into a frog
>-[X] Now, are you gonna act all indignant--and I can't even call it righteous indignation here, because it's not--or do you wanna give us a hand with the ghost infestation?

God damn it I wanna vomit
>> No. 126219
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.

Let's not start totally alienating everyone we meet, mkay?
>> No. 126221
[x] Compliment Sanae’s looks.
I guess.
>> No. 126222
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
- [x]Check out Sanae’s ass.

Comeon you know you wanna.
>> No. 126223
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.

Compliment Sanae?

I believe I will. Whenever possible.
>> No. 126224
>>126196
You're voting for a deleted post.
>> No. 126225
>>126224

[x] >>126194
>> No. 126227
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.

We were an asshole to Marisa because she incapacitated us due to stealing our spellbooks. Sanae just made sure we were adjusting well to Gensokyo.
>> No. 126229
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126231
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126233
[x] Compliment Sanae’s looks.
>> No. 126236
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126237
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126240
File 128798632056.jpg - (35.20KB , 240x336 , change air blade.jpg ) [iqdb]
126240
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.

>Sanae hitting an invisible wall
Made me imagining things whether this kind of games had a group of wizard to define their play area.
>> No. 126242
[x] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [x] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [x] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [x] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126248
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126250
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.

I surprised there's only one [x] Check out Sanae's ass vote
>> No. 126252
[x] Compliment Sanae’s abilities.

Be honest. She's rude, annoying, and dumb, but avoiding getting killed by a celestial wild creature isn't SO easy.
Besides, yes, presentations are done, so give up on being a dick.


Save that for the human organization.
>> No. 126255
>>126250
She doesn't have an ass to check out.
>> No. 126259
>>126255

Such is the curse of being a girl with a very Japanese build. They're quite flat on both sides - not that this is a bad thing.
>> No. 126261
I wonder why everyone is picking to compliment her looks after when wizard first met her she made fun of her hair.
>> No. 126263
>>126261
ADD
>> No. 126266
>>126261
Because in Gensokyo, you can befriend peoples only after beating them to a pulp.

The first one who call Wizzardnon "Nanoha" will be shot.
>> No. 126269
File 128801475583.jpg - (435.43KB , 643x900 , ufo team's revenge.jpg ) [iqdb]
126269
>>126255
You're kidding, right?
>> No. 126270
>>126252
Rude, annoying, and dumb? Damn, Sanae has more in common with the MC than I thought.

[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
>> No. 126271
>>126270
Hey, Wizardnon he has at least 22 Int. He's extremely intelligent.

>>126261
>“So why is your hair green like it’s covered with algae?” you ask, honestly puzzled. “What kind of crud do you roll in to get it that color, seriously?”
Just because the MC objects to her hair, doesn't mean he objects to the rest of the package. Also see:
>“You still didn’t have to say all those mean things,” Sanae says, biting her lip and looking at the ground. You can scarcely believe that the cute, pouting teen in front of you was unleashing such hellacious energies at you only minutes ago.
>> No. 126272
>>126271
WIS was his dump stat, that's for sure.

[x] Compliment Sanae’s abilities.
>> No. 126274
>>126271
>>126272

18 STR (+4 Gauntlets)
14 DEX
10 CON
22 INT (+4 level ups)
08 WIS
08 CHA

Sounds about right? Or drop STR and CON by 2 each and increase DEX by 2 for more AC?
>> No. 126276
>>126274
Personally I think he has more CHA than that.
>> No. 126278
>>126274

Makes sense to me.

>>126276
He's a champion at giving bad first impressions, that's for sure, which seems fairly characteristic of low CHA to me.
>> No. 126279
>>126261

That's kind of the point, no? He insulted her looks and made her feel ugly, which is what she's all hurt about. If he's going to smooth that over, complimenting her abilities isn't going to help.

"Well you're competent" (but still ugly)
>> No. 126282
[x] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [x] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [x] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [x] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126283
>>126279

Yet that's the sort of thing that comes across as dishonest, no?
>> No. 126285
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126286
>>126283
Oh you autists~ You really have no idea what normal people think like, do you?
>> No. 126289
[X] Compliment Sanae's looks.
- [X] "This Marisa, she's usually an entirely honest, forthright person? Never stretches the truth at all?"
- (After Sanae stammers for a bit) [X] "Right, then. Apparently the cute ones are a little slow in the head no matter which plane you're on."
- [X] "Prior company excepted, naturally." Wink at Keine.
>> No. 126290
>>126286

Welcome to the internet.
>> No. 126296
>>126279
He only talked smack because she went about yelling and attacking him.
>> No. 126301
>>126296
And because that's his way of saying "hello."

Damned if he's gonna be friends with someone who can't deal with his abrasive hilarity.
>> No. 126304
>>126301

So long as we're in Gensokyou, then, we should be fine.
>> No. 126306
>>126274
Personally I'm of the opinion that his Cha is at least 12, and his Wis is pretty damn decent.

He just actively chooses not to use either of them in a way that's expected.

Having low Cha could make you a jerk, but being a jerk doesn't mean you have low Cha. Ability scores don't define personality, and personality doesn't define ability scores. Of course, this is only correct to a degree, but I hope you know what I'm trying to get across.
>> No. 126315
File 128807272558.jpg - (95.11KB , 600x930 , b6716e8f9bacb07e0713a081bab15815.jpg ) [iqdb]
126315
[X] Complement Sanae’s looks.


For a second, you consider telling Sanae to suck bogwater. It seems slightly unbalanced that you should apologize when she attacked you unprovoked, with only half the story, but... she’s awfully cute when she mopes like that. Like a sad bunny. A sad... hot... bunny. You’re not sure whether to make her feel better, or check out her ass, so you do both.

“Oh cut the shit,” you say to Sanae’s back gruffly. “You’re cute as hell, and you know it.

“Yeah, right,” she replies, though her tone is a bit warmer then before. She’s still turned away from you, and that suits you fine. Just... fine.

“Oh no, I’m not going to sit here and list your virtues,” you grumble, crossing your arms and craning your neck a bit. “Dammit Sanae, I’m a wizard, not a poet! You’ve got those big, pretty teal eyes, and a button nose, and, you know, general adorableness or whatever. There. Now stop fucking moping.”

“... really?” Sanae says, turning a bit to face you and spoiling your view. Her mouth is vacilitating between a frown and a smile.

“AURGH!” you bellow as a sharp pain explodes in your shin. Lifing your wounded leg off the ground, you look down to see an incensed Cirno waving a balled fist near your waist. “STOP STARING AT HER ASS!” she roars. “THIS PERVERT-ISM MUST STOP!”

The sharp pain in your shin, coupled with the latest unjust condemnation of your moral fiber, pushes you over the edge. “GODS DAMN IT!” you roar back at the little fairy. “That hurt!” Cirno, shocked by your sudden violent outburst, stumbles back a few steps. “You- you- you double idiot,” you snarl with nearly incoherent rage, and begin hopping after the now-terrified fairy on your one good leg. “You’re dead! You’re dead!

“Eeeaah!” Ciro wails, backpeadaling rapidly. She trips and falls, and begins scurrying backwards as you pursue at a brisk hop. A low-speed chase is developing.

“I’m gonna serve you with good scotch, you dumbass!”

“Heeeelp meeee!”

“A MAN! IS ALLOWED! TO LOOOK!”

After a minute or so, your shin stops smarting so badly, and you calm down enough to trust yoru weight on the wounded limb again. Cirno finally manages to blunder backwards into Keine, and immediately hides behind her dress.

As for Keine, she’s trying to get gales of laughter under control, and Sanae is giggling merrily.

“Okay, maybe you did mean it,” she concedes, rubbing her rear a little self-conciously.

“I’m glad we agree,” you mutter, cutting your eyes at Keine, who’s affectionately rubbing Cirno’s hair. The witch. What’d you ever do to her? Besides attracting a horde of evil goasts to her porch?

“Still,” she chastizes you, “you didn’t have to be mean.

”The hell you say.”

“Well if you didn’t actually mean what you said about my looks, why did you make fun of me? And why did you attack my friend!?” Sanae plants her hands on her hips, awaiting answers.

You sigh. “You know that gigantic dragon corpse that appeared recently?”

“Yeah?”

“In case you haven’t made the connection, I’m the guy who wasted it.”

Sanae’s eyes widen a few notches. “You- you’re the outsider!?”

“No, I’m a chicken sammich,” you reply flatly. “Yes, I’m the dragon-slayer. Now you think about the size of that mother, and then you tell me why I was less then impressed when I was called out by a cute teenager with a funky stick.”

“... oh,” Sanae replies in a small voice.

“As for Marisa- you attacked me almost on sight based on her testimony of my vile crimes alone?”

“Well she’s my friend!”

“Right-o,” you say dourly. “You trusted the word of Gensyoko’s most upstanding thief.”

”She’s not-!” Sanae begins to object, before halting awkardly.

“Not a what?”

“Not a... I mean... she isn’t bad... sometimes she just forgets, to, you know-”

“Mention stealing my spellbooks?”

Sanae ‘eeps!’ and covers her mouth, horrified. “She didn’t!”

You sigh, and look at Keine. “I guess the cute ones are a little clueless no matter which plane you’re on.” You wink, to convey except you, but Keine just addresses Sanae, a bit stiffly:

“He’s tellling the truth. I was there.”

Sanae looks mortified. “I... I didn’t know. I’m sorry.”

You grin. “No worries. It’s not like I lost.”

“Don’t remind me,” Sanae says playfully. “Well, I better get going. Suwako will be wondering where I am.”

”Sure,” you say. Sanae says goodbye to Cirno and Keine, and is just lifting off when you call out. “Sanae!”

She turns in mid-air.

“Tell Marisa to be more careful around ballistas!” you call up to her, and quickly turn and walk away before Sanae’s suprise can give way to queries. Let her chew on that.


***

“You think he’s going to be pissed abou the field?” Cirno asks.

“Nah,” you reply, examining the door of the farmhouse. “Was already harvested. All Sanae did was till it up for him. So... should we knock?”

I’ll knock,” Keine says firmly, steppng in front of you and rapping on the door.

There’s no response for several seconds.

Keine goes to rap on the door again, when somebody hails you from near the barn. “Over here!” Your group glances over to see a small, wiry man with a pitchfork waving at you. He tosses his implement onto a nearby haystack and ambles over to you. “Hey, folks. I watched that spell-card duel a little earlier. Looks like you got that green-haired girl a little riled up.”

“A little, yeah,” you say casually, dusting some invisible dirt off your robe. “Nothing too streneous.”

“Wish my boys had your stamina,” the man comments, then offers his hand. “Mister Arigasha, at your service. How can I help you?”

“Well, Mister Arigasha,” Keine says, “my friend here heard about a group of villagers dedicated to learning the secrets of Gensyoko, and he wanted to offer his professional services.” Keine’s delivery is smooth and percise. She can bluff almost as good as you can.

Arigasha just removes his straw hat and tosses it aside casually. “Fraid I can’t help you folks,” he says. “I’m just a farmer. I support the cause of knowledge as much as anyone, but-” he gestures to the wooden palisade surrounding his home and barn- “I worry enough about feral youkai without going looking for them like some damn-fool.”

Or perhaps he’s playing you for the fool...


[ ] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.
[ ] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.
[ ] Gauntlets of Strength + lack of patience + bad attitude = information.
>> No. 126316
[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

A wizard of our caliber knows that magic solves everything.
>> No. 126317
[X] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.

As tempting as the "Charm Person" option is I'm worried it Keine or Cirno may find it distasteful (or worst case horrifying, considering we're using it on some random dude just because we're suspicious).

If we tail him instead we can have some antics with Mass Invisibility as well. I'm sure Cirno would find it fun.
>> No. 126318
>Lifing,yoru,abou
I'm sorry, I won't push you more again. Now get some sleep.

[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.
Classic INT, STR, DEX choices, I'll pick MC's specialty, or maybe when an innovative write-in later on.
>> No. 126319
[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

We might be busy fighting vampires tonight, so I think it would be better to handle this now.
>> No. 126321
[X] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.

I think we can be pretty awesome at sneak sneak sneak.
>> No. 126322
[x] >>126321

I'd rather not use such magic until he's comfirmed for something.
>> No. 126325
[X] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.
>> No. 126326
[X] Gauntlets of Strength + lack of patience + bad attitude = information.

BEST MATH EVER.

Sam Fisher interrogation, anyone?
>> No. 126328
[x] Gauntlets of Strength + lack of patience + bad attitude = information
I am not a man of math but this sounds like a good formula.
>> No. 126330
Can we has necromicion? i'd love to see what would happen if someone reads it by mistake.
>> No. 126332
[x] Gauntlets of Strength + lack of patience + bad attitude = information.

Let's save the spell Charming Person for Keine this night, IYKWIM.
>> No. 126333
[X] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person

People are worried about charm person being distasteful...? The other option involves your gauntlets of strength in a scene that might make Jack Bauer proud! I'm not sure that's the best option...
>> No. 126334
>>126333
Well, since we aren't going to settle this peacefully anyway, I don't see why we should be nice to this farmer.

Jack Bauer, eh? Now I have a nice idea, involving Gauntlet of Strength, a bad attitude, and a pitchfork. Wanna hear about it?
>> No. 126337
[x] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.

No punching, no charming. He might not even be the guy.
>> No. 126338
>>126337
Aya's source was "Mr. A."

This man is named Mr. Arigasha.

Aya said that this farmhouse belonged to Mr. A.

This man owns this farm.

I will concede that it is theoretically possible that he is not the guy we are looking for, but it is still very likely that he is the guy.
>> No. 126342
[X] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.
Are we out of detect thoughts?
>> No. 126344
[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.
>> No. 126345
[X] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person

There aren't any visual or aural cues to Charm Person, are there? He just suddenly wants to help! Just lie to Keine and Cirno that it's a small curse that makes the person very talkative for a few minutes and then sleepy and forgetful.

The only worry I have about that is that if Keine finds out it's actually a different spell we might be in a bit of trouble, but eh, oh well.
>> No. 126347
[X] (cast) Suggestion: Why don't you tell us more about your relationship with the youkai?

Perhaps a bit of subtlty is in order? Leave him wondering why he blabbed about his secret society so readily. If there would be a problem with Charm Person, Suggestion might be easier to smooth over too. And he won't need to see our id.
>> No. 126348
[x] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.
>> No. 126352
[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.
>> No. 126354
[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

It's the least roundabout method.
>> No. 126358
>>126347

So. A wizard throws a log through a door and yells "KNOCK KNOCK" at the top of his lungs?

I don't think this guy does subtle.
>> No. 126363
File 128810321592.jpg - (479.14KB , 1117x734 , 1275868042023.jpg ) [iqdb]
126363
>>126318

>I'm sorry, I won't push you more again. Now get some sleep.

YEAH PRETTY MUCH

What really screws me is that Word gave up on highlighting typos because the document's 111 pages long now; and it eats half the CPU just to keep it open.

Word blows.
>> No. 126366
>>126363
...Couldn't you just make a new document?
>> No. 126368
>>126366
Couldn't he just use Notepad and transfer chunks of story for spell-checking? Or use Firefox's spellchecker when he pastes his post in the box for posting?
>> No. 126369
>>126368
Trust me, using Firefox for that is a pain in the ass.
>> No. 126371
File 128810495230.jpg - (382.00KB , 900x900 , haks;akjfa;kg.jpg ) [iqdb]
126371
>>126366

I'll have to, yeah. I'd just use OpenOffice, since it wasn't coded by retarded squid, but I can't set OpenOffice to do the cool "white text on blue background like old-school DOS EDIT" like Word does.
>> No. 126380
>>126369
I write a story here, and before I post I do a quick run through with Firefox. Sure, it's not god tier, but it's handy for pointing out things I might've missed.
>> No. 126385
>>126371

You should see a paint bucket on the toolbar. Select all, then set the paint bucket (not the highlighter) to blue. If the font color is set to Automatic it should appear white. Then set the font to System or Terminal or FixedSys or something equally hideous and you're set. The only problem with OO is a weird scrolling issue somewhere around 200k words. I suggest getting used to using bookmarks early.
>> No. 126387
>>126380
I wrote my first story, using Firefox. Trust me, losing all you wrote because you tried to write in italics is FUUUU-worthy.
>> No. 126408
File 128811464820.png - (201.90KB , 741x531 , ZOOOOOOOL.png ) [iqdb]
126408
>>126387
Indeed

ZOOL MOTHAFUKA ZOOOL!
>> No. 126412
[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

I personally enjoy abusing our mind-fuckery skills more then our brute force one since frankly such things are allot rarer round these parts. Plus we're totally saving these fools from themselves so you know the end justify the means, situational ethics, etc. Given that Keine's response to using her own powers to get what we needed earlier wasn't "That would be wrong" but more like "I can't do that right now" I really doubt she'll care since she seems pissed with them anyway.

Also on the off chance this somehow isn't the guy screwing with his head will be allot easier to defend to breaking his arms.
>> No. 126432
[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.
>> No. 126435
[x] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.

Pissing, tides, etc.
>> No. 126450
[x] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.

This has the potential for some good fun, though I'm not adverse to the charm spell option.
>> No. 126451
[X] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.
>> No. 126460
>>126363
While writing a different touhou fanfiction piece I tend to save the main body of work in one document (which is backed up), and save the part I'm working on that I haven't posted in another separate document, then whenever I post it I copy that section to the original document and wipe it from the temporary document.

It means I'm much less likely to lose everything due to one thing going down, and it doesn't kill my phone to work on the most current part. It does make looking up what happened earlier a pain, but usually the main plot is rememberable enough for it not to matter that much.
>> No. 126511
[x] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

Charm person all the way! It's not like this goon's worth wasting higher-level spells on, and he's got better places to be tonight. Like boinking Keine on one of the Scarlet Devil Mansion's beds.
>> No. 126513
>>126511
I still don't think such a spell is a good idea... it easily makes doubts of "What if he's using it on me?"
>> No. 126520
>>126513
Even if he had, once she's alerted to the possibility, she could simply manipulate history to undo it. He knows this, and she knows he knows this.
>> No. 126525
File 12881951441.png - (95.75KB , 779x376 , sakuya glorious_1.png ) [iqdb]
126525
>This quest thread is linked on /tg/
>"Oh boy another quest thread"
>Start reading from thread 1 onwards
>It's fucking glorious
>My face this entire goddamn time

Oh god I think I've found my most gripping quest thread since Rubyquest and Loliquest
>> No. 126531
File 128819673296.png - (329.74KB , 675x900 , 00486574d0d500adbf5cfe08ec8d38a4.png ) [iqdb]
126531
>>126525

>mailto:noko+sage
>sakuya glorious_1.png, used for a Marisa image
>> No. 126533
File 128819707066.png - (99.39KB , 906x664 , sakuya wat blueboard_1.png ) [iqdb]
126533
>>126531

Oh god my e-cred is ruined forever

Actually, I have always been under the impression it was Sakuya due to the braid, but now that you've pointed out the hat (which I've just realized has escaped my notice for so long) I see I was mistaken

If it makes you feel better, I name most of my reaction images more responsibly

And now I'm wondering why Marisa would braid her hair like that

Damnit
>> No. 126534
>>126533

Oh fuck and now I've used a blueboard reaction image. This is just a cacophony of newfaggotry here

You know what, I'm just going to shut up now

Confounded different boards doing shit like not having noko+sage and having green backgrounds and shit. I'll bet you guys don't even have spoiler tags
>> No. 126536
File 128819859118.png - (329.78KB , 450x600 , 1248822089620[1].png ) [iqdb]
126536
>>126534
>>126533
Eh, no trip, no foul. Besides, there are at least a couple of /tg/goers here, so feel free to bust out optimising as long as you don't get overly vocal over minmaxing or anything.
>> No. 126537
>>126534
>blueboard reaction image
It works if you're using Burichan. Except everyone uses Photon or Chernobyl.
>> No. 126540
>>126531
>>126534
>>126536
>>126537

Sorry to be a bother and for the off topic post, but since I'm still relatively new to imageboards in general, could someone help me decode what all this meant?

Also,

[X] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

Thought we were supposed to be accepting a dinner invitation tonight. That would rule the second option out, wouldn't it?

By the way, Demetrious, your Cirno is brilliant. That and the rest of the story, even though I know next to nothing about DnD. Just thought I'd let you know.
>> No. 126544
>>126540
noko+sage Posting without bumping the thread, iirc. I usually just lurk, so I haven't had reason to use it myself. (Yes, I was also linked here from /tg/. But this is awesome, so yeah.)
As the other posts say: it's for 4chan, though.

Blueboard reaction image = The blue background in the image is the same shade as the background on blue boards.

Not sure if you're asking about "no trip, no foul" too, but assuming you were:
Tripcodes/"no harm, no foul".
Or, if you're asking about /tg/. It is a board over at 4Chan that deals in... Whatever they want, really, but "officially" it's /Traditional Games/.
Some of us really like touhou though, so one of /tg/'s unofficial nicknames is /Touhou Games/.


Contributing to thread:

[x] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.

Sometimes you have to rely on a bit of cunning. You don't live to reach level 18 by whipping out spells just because you can.
>> No. 126545
>>126540
noko returns you to the thread you posted in

sage makes it so that your post doesn't bump the thread

greater than signs ( > ) are used to quote text

Burichan is a style for imageboards that is a blue color like in >>126533 's background of his image. Photon and Chernobyl are also styles. You can set styles in the top right corner of any page on this website in a dropdown box.

This sufficient explanation?
>> No. 126546
>sage makes it so that your post doesn't bump the thread

Finally, someone posts the meaning of it. Aye, understand.
>> No. 126547
File 128820685562.png - (53.62KB , 214x268 , Th06marisa00.png ) [iqdb]
126547
[X] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

>>126533

Geez Luize, calm down! You haven't even messed up that badly! (Especially in light of "random anon"'s antics)

>And now I'm wondering why Marisa would braid her hair like that

Because...she's been doing it for as long as anyone cares to remember?
>> No. 126549
[X] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

Seriously, these peasants do not seem to be the most intelligent, wise or even hard working bunch in the universe, their all probably at best level 10 commoners pretending to be actual cultists or people :P.

And if for some reason he negates the spell...well that would set off all kinds of alarm bells inside our resident wizard head
>> No. 126550
>>126549
>level 10

Do commoners ever get anywhere beyond level 3 in most D&D campaigns? Most of the time they are piddlingly weak 1HD humanoids with no outstanding qualities whatsoever. I don't see any of them going out of their way to hunt or quest for exp when most of them can't even handle lesser youkai.
>> No. 126553
>>126550

You can find that level 10 Commoners are freaking scary to 1-3rd level parties. In addition to that level 5 Commoners make great small time barons and in addition level 10 commoners make for great mayors.

Add a little imagination to that...and you'll have parties carping their pants at every npc they meet in a farming/close to rural area
>> No. 126554
>>126550

If I remember the calculations, expect number of NPCs of a given level in a population was dependant ton its size. In a city of over 100,000 there's going to be 20th level commoners. Less of other NPC classes. The justification is that farmwork and fendinding off varmints is enough XP for them to gain class levels over the length of a lifetime. This is how they gain their ranks in Profession, Knowledge (local), and even Craft. Those with other vocations similar lly gain XP for use of their skills.

But this is Gensokyo, where everybody is familiar with fighting off monsters and probably has some PC levels. Even if they reverted to following NPC class progression since their youth.
>> No. 126555
>>126553
>level 5 Commoners make great small time barons

Wouldn't you use an Aristocrat for that purpose, not a baron? Aside from weapon proficiency, wiith so few skill points per lev, it's hard for a commoner to emulate the education of a noble.
>> No. 126556
>>126555

Aristocrat means exactly that a noble born blood that is close on part to what we think as the illuminate of today.

Small time barons were normally little better then the rabble they led and infact were often exactly that peasant's of some modicum of talent that their knightly lords promoted with the duty of keeping the town running.
>> No. 126560
I'm not sure if any of the other D&D-savvy readers have mentioned this - I've only been reading Demetrious' posts - but there IS a feat that makes all of a spell's damage nonlethal although it only applies to one energy type when taken (which is complete bullshit). Seems like a perfectly acceptable way to use our "hero's" magic somewhat fully when it comes danmaku time.
>> No. 126590
>>126560
Merciful substitution or something similar its from the Complete Arcane splat book. I made it so that any spell can apply that when one of my players took it as it does not make sense for Wizards to have to relearn the damn thing for EVERY school when there is already two prerequisite feats.
>> No. 126593
>>126560

Barons hold hereditary titles, and usually are born into them. Perhaps you're thinking of 'baronets'? At age their heirs had to present themselves to the court, as their borders were matters of law, and baronies themselves had to be created by the king or a house of lords.

A freeman or baronet is probably what you more have in mind in a noble who isn't a lifetime aristocrat. Stll, the two ways of distinguishing yourself for such a dispensation in medival life--fighting and mercantilism--all but requires at least a few levels in a class that isn't Commoner.
>> No. 126598
I really like how a usual story thread can turn into an informative thread.
D&D is more complicated than I imagined.
>> No. 126599
>>126593

Hey why not just...you know roleplay it out instead of arguing over class benefits?

Having the bastards at 10 or 1st level commoner don't mean shit if your players are still scared of the little man with the knowing look in his eye.
>> No. 126603
File 128825257577.jpg - (42.70KB , 170x170 , reimu WHAT_1.jpg ) [iqdb]
126603

>>126547
>Because...she's been doing it for as long as anyone cares to remember?

Wait, what?
>Look through my Marisa reaction images
>NEARLY EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS THE BRAID
>Load up EoSD
>IT HAS THE BRIAD
>Most of the games have the whole braid-style thing, though sometimes it's just a lock of hair with a bow
>Realize I've never noticed this

Everything I've ever thought I've known about Touhou has been shattered


Also because I forgot to vote because I was too busy newfagging it up

[X] Let’s come back later tonight and tail him- we might learn why he’s so evasive. This guy might not know what we’re after, anyways.
>> No. 126606
File 128825443351.jpg - (2.78KB , 195x197 , crap.jpg ) [iqdb]
126606
>>126553
>you'll have parties carping their pants
>> No. 126614
File 128826244323.png - (53.95KB , 280x280 , carp-in-your-pants_design.png ) [iqdb]
126614
>>126606
>> No. 126619
What's with all the pictures
>> No. 126632
>>126619

Ignore them. They're just bored and impatient about when the update is coming and decided to fill this thread with something else.
>> No. 126634
>>126632
>impatient
With all due respect 3 days is a bit to wait for a single post.
>> No. 126635
File 128829281176.png - (1.05MB , 900x1200 , 6212ca2402a122d578430a01c0956bbe.png ) [iqdb]
126635
[X] I don’t have time for this Nancy Drew bullshit. When your charisma’s too low to charm, there’s always Charm Person.

“Oh, fuck this.” You wave your hand at Arigasha and mutter a few words of magic. The wiry farmer blinks a bit, and shakes his head.

“Uh... what...?”

“Hey, Arigasha.” You snap your fingers in front of his face. “Remember me?”

“Uh... yes. Yes!” he says, his mood brightening, his momentary confusion evaporating. “Of course!”

“Then perhaps you could do me a minor favor?” you ask politely. “Nothing strenuous.”

“Of course,” Arigasha says warmly. “You are interested in the secrets of Gensyoko, yes?”

“Well-”

“Would you like to see the ruins, my friend?”

At the word ‘friend,’ you see Keine’s face fall into the blank expression of the perplexed.

“No, no, I’d hate to take you from your work,” you say. “But it’s vital I meet with this secret society- I’m sure I could stop the needless deaths they suffer during their investigations of youkai. You saw my capabilities a few minutes ago.”

“Of course, yes...” Arigasha says cautiously. “They’d find that quite desirable... but.” The farmer wrings his hands. “I’m afraid they might not take kindly to you. There’s more then a few humans in Gensokyo with power like that- Sanae there, just now, she’s one- but most of them are just as bad as youkai. They want nothing to do with real people.”

At the phrase ‘real people,’ Keine’s mouth twitches, but she says nothing.

“Well that’s not me,” you object. “Drinking alone blows, and drinking with people who can level small hills by accident is suicidal. Love of liquor unites men of all creeds.”

Arigasha laughs heartily at this. “Quite true, my friend! The farmer and the villager are equals when the sake is poured.” He sighs, letting the last of the amusement flow from him, and thinks carefully, examining you. “Now, I’m not part of any society- I’ve no idea who told you that-” he cuts his eyes at Keine quickly, and steps in to whisper to you alone- “but I might know a gentlemen who is, neh?” Arigasha glances at the sun, and furrows his brow, as if performing some mental calculus. “Yes... you know the proprietor of the clothiers shop? Tell him I sent you, that I need something that’s “green, green, and brown.”

“Green green brown?” you repeat.

Cirno quirks her brow. “Sounds like something you’d find in a toi-”

“Shush,” you say, bopping her gently on her borrowed hat.

“That’s right,” he says. Leaning over, Arigasha picks up his tattered straw hat and makes to put it on. As it passes his face, shielding it from Keine’s view, he swiftly mouths something to you.

Be careful.

He settles the hat on his head again.

“Anything else I can help you folks with?” he asks cheerfully.

“Nope,” you say. “I know that work never ends on a farm, don’t want to hassle my friends too much. Thanks... for everything.”

Arigasha smiles warmly. “Do have a good chat in town.”

Keine and Cirno exchange formal goodbyes with farmer Arigasha, and your trio takes your leave. You’re about a hundred yards from the farm’s palisade when Keine catches you by the arm.

“Okay,” she demands, “what the hell was that?

“What was what?” you ask innocently.

That.,” she says, gesturing widely at the farm behind you. “My friend?

That,” you say haughtily, “is my personal magnetism, my charisma. My charm.”

“I’ll have Cirno punch you right in your ‘charms,’ you incorrigible smartass,” Keine chides. “Spill.”

“It’s called Charm Person,” you say, relenting. “Very basic enchantment spell. Mind-affecting, makes someone think you’re a trusted friend, an ally.”

Keine’s eyes widen. “And... and you can do that just by going...” she waves her hands around and mumbles a bit, eyes wild.

“Hey hey hey hey,” you object. “I don’t go spastic,” you say, waving your fingers and hands about wildly in imitation of Keine. “Simple, graceful motions!”

“The only thing graceful about you,” Keine returns, amused, “is the parabolic arc you describe towards the ground whenever Cirno jumps you.”

“Yeah, well, who needs style when you’ve got fashion?” you retort weakly.

“Show me somebody with fashion, and I’ll ask them,” she replies, and you grin, conceding defeat.

“You’re getting better at that,” you admit.

“I’m a quick study,” she says, smiling. “So, you can pull that instant-friendship thing on anybody? With just a ‘simple, graceful’ motion and a few words?”

“It has limits,” you explain, as your trio resumes the trek back towards town. “Those with strong wills are much harder to bend, and I’d have to enhance it before I’d have a chance with somebody truly powerful.”

“So it wouldn’t work on us?” Cirno asks. You see Keine flinch slightly and shoot a Look at the ice fairy.

“Probably not,” you say, grinning at the fairy. The little fairy has a habit of leaping on the back of the elephant in the room and riding it right through awkward formalities of conversation. It makes conversations shorter, and you love her for it. “Especially not you. Because you’re-”

“-the strongest!” Cirno finishes, delighted.

Your friends and you laugh merrily as you leave the fields behind and enter town.


***


“So what’d you think of your first spell card duel?” Keine asks you, speaking Draconic for privacy as your group walks through the narrow aisles in the clothier’s shop.

“It’s a bit alarming,” you say. “Are they all like... that?”

“Like what, exactly?”

”You know, HORRIFIC WALLS OF DEATH,” you reply, sketching a wall of death in the air with your hands.

“Pretty much,” Keine says. “Did that surprise you?”

“No shit,” you say, picking up a sandal with wooden blocks nailed to the underside, examining it skeptically. “Ya see, my kind of magic... I actually cast most of the spell beforehand. What you see me doing when I cast is the ‘trigger’ that completes it. Once I cast, it’s gone- I have to go through the entire casting process again. Sanae there... she just goes fwoosh!” you wave the sandal as if it was Sanae’s funny wand- “and then DANMAKU, DANMAKU EVERYWHERE!” You sigh, and shake your head. “I’ll never be able to match that ability- pumping out pure streams of energy nigh-constantly. Is there no limit to it?”

“There is, sort of,” Keine says. “Magicians, mikos, youkai- their abilities take different forms, yes, but even youkai with innate magical abilities often use spell cards, and they can run out of them.”

“Spell cards? I thought those were just strictly defined spells judged appropriate for duels?”

“Yes, but they’re also a method of magic within themselves,” Keine explains. “Magicians scribe runes onto slips of paper or cards beforehand, mikos sort of ‘bless’ them- but they do use them. Sort of like your scrolls. Or mine, for that matter. Some defined ‘spell-cards’ are attacks that don’t actually require a physical spell-card, but many do.”

“Hmm,” you say thoughtfully. “I assume they carry around a sackful, though.”

“They do,” Keine admits, “but as you saw today, they can use them quite freely, so their endurance isn’t as great as you might imagine. Many duels are fought to first-blood only, which is why area attacks like that are dominant.”

You shake your head. “With wands, I might be able to match that number of attacks, but no wand-spell can match what I saw out there today.”

“Yeah, but everybody does that!” Cirno says. “But you can, like, ooooh~ I CAN SEE INTO YOUR MIIIND~” she wiggles her fingers at you while staring intently.

Keine giggles. “A rather blunt way of putting it, but she’s right. Area attacks are a dime a dozen. Not nearly so many people are capable of mind-reading, or attacking the psyche directly.”

”Or teleporting,” Cirno says.

“Or turning mats into beds.” Keine adds. “Stuff like that, it’s not nearly as widespread.”

“Well that’s good to know,” you say. “You and I will have to talk all this over, sometime.” You return the sandal to the shelf just as the proprietor comes bustling over.

“Welcome, welcome,” he says cheerfully. “Ah, a new customer! Can I help you, sir?”

“Yeah,” you say. “I’ve been dying to ask- how the hell do you stay in business around here? Mostly in mending, I assume?”

The rotund, ruddy-faced man knits his brow in confusion. “What exactly-”

“I’ve only been here a few days,” you explain, “but I’m starting to suspect that everybody wears the same goddamn clothes every day.”

“Wha- what’s wrong with that?” Keine asks, mystified.

“Perhaps this is some bizarre cultural motif I’ve missed,” you say, “but most humanoids with cranialness sufficient to walk upright like to have variety. Which is why I’ve been dying to ask you, sir-” you turn to the proprietor- “if my suspicions are correct, and that most people wear the same damn outfit every day.”

The proprietor’s warm brown eyes shimmer with emotion, and he nods with sorrow. “Tis true,” he says in dejected tones. “Tis... true...”

“Well-!” Keine plants her hands on her hips and accosts you: “What the hell is wrong with that!? You wear the same damn outfit every day, too!”

“This outfit,” you say, disdaining the term, “is the recognized uniform of my profession! A symbol of eons of wizards! What’s your outfit, the uniform of the Pan-Dimensional hot half-hakutaku-historian society? Membership, you?”

Keine’s mouth sets in a grim line. The proprietor retreats to the counter. “You. Arrogant-

“And the problem,” you say, cutting her off, “is that this place is packed full of dresses that’d look fantastic on you, and you run around in the same old thing all day.”

“Wha-a-a-a-” Keine stammers.

“I’m gonna buy you one,” you declare.

What,” Keine breathes, shocked. You’re absolutely delighted at how easily you threw her off-balance. Catching up, my dear, but school ain’t out yet!

“We’re going to the Mansion tonight anyway. No friend of mine is getting dragged to a dinner in casual wear. That includes you, Cirno.”

“WE!?” Keine interjects, her face in full flush now. “Dinner? Dress!?

“Do keep up, I hate repeating myself,” you say airily. “Oh, my dear pro-” you turn and find the proprietor of the shop already hovering attentively, his eyes gleaming with delight.

“Yes, yes, something classy for Miss Kamishirasawa and the young lady. Let’s see, what are your preferences?” he queries Keine. “Something that feels soft, or something that feels clean...?”

“How the hell can something feel clean?” Cirno demands.

“Uh, well-”

“You have anything that feels dirty!?

“No, no, no!” The clothier hastily wards off Cirno’s glare with outstretched palms. “I just meant, ah, you’ve many options!”

“I, uh...” Keine twists her dress in her hands awkwardly. “I don’t really know much about formal wear. I’ve not had much occasion for it...”

“No matter, I know all there is to know about fancy dressing! I’ll narrow it down for you.” He rubs his hands together eagerly. “So, what do you prefer? Something ornate, or simple, or...?”

Cirno and Keine both adopt thoughtful poses, hands on hips, eyes wandering the ceiling, mouths pursed in thought. With both in blue-and-white dresses, and wearing the same hat, they look such a pair you can’t help but grin.

Finally, they both shrug as one. “I got nuthin,” Cirno admits.

The proprietor cuts his eyes at you, sharing, for the briefest of moments, his private agony with one who can understand. The whole fucking place is like this. “Then perhaps the gentlemen has a suggestion?”

You can’t help but eye Keine up and down. She notices.

“Oh yeah,” you say. “I’ve got a few ideas.”


Keine:

[ ] Evening gown
[ ] Blouse and skirt
[ ] Kimono
[ ] Write-in?

Cirno:

[ ] Evening gown
[ ] Blouse and skirt
[ ] Chibi-kimono
[ ] Write-in?

-------------------------

I have no fashion-sense, so definitely avail yourselves of write-ins if I missed an obvious category of dress (or anything else.) This would have been up three hours ago, but my sister came to me and said “show me how your 1911 works.” How could I turn her down?
>> No. 126636
>>126634
Three days isn't a long time to wait. A month or so is a long time.
>> No. 126637
File 12882929428.jpg - (200.81KB , 1280x800 , this.jpg ) [iqdb]
126637
>>126634

Fucking storm of the century + rural Michigan = HAHA NO POWER 4 U. Last night blew.
>> No. 126638
>>126636

I'm the one that set the daily update schedule, thus the expectations. If I were to whine about how I update more then those other guys, dwarves would appear under my desk and punch me in the dick.

This can actually happen.
>> No. 126639
>>126637
Funny thing, I live in Michigan too and the storm just happened to split and completely avoid the area I'm in.
>> No. 126640
File 128829473191.jpg - (332.15KB , 905x1280 , 60210c6e2a3e3a2b015647d9db559585.jpg ) [iqdb]
126640
[X] Cirno
- [X] See picture.

Utterly impractical for any occasion other than dinner at an aristocrat vampire's house (unless someone decides to hold a formal ball in Gensokyo), but I have an irresistible urge to dress up our beloved tomboyish apprentice-to-be.

Still searching Danbooru forthinking about Keine.
>> No. 126642
>>126640
Heh, loose the catgirl ears and you're right on.

For Keine, I'd say a tasteful evening gown might be best... if we weren't going to venture inside a Greater Vampire's Castle (tm). Uncovering our necks might be a bad, bad idea.
>> No. 126643
[X] Keine-- one of those Chinese dresses
[X] Cirno-- blouse and skirt
>> No. 126644
File 128829512364.jpg - (569.48KB , 1400x1100 , 41520ae3d22b190635eef07fbd8fccff.jpg ) [iqdb]
126644
>>126642
>Uncovering our necks might be a bad, bad idea.

But can you really resist seeing Keine in this?
>> No. 126645
[x] Blue strapless evening gown
>> No. 126646
>>126644
In the Emperor's name... Okay, I'm torn between the evening gown and the chinese dress now.

And that Chinese dress... is a bold statement. Would she go for it?
>> No. 126647
>>126644
[X] China dress
--[X] Give her a choice between the one depicted and a more conservative one
>> No. 126649
File 128829644463.jpg - (804.91KB , 1000x1200 , 16df836c0d97fdd09ef1862e7a67d3c3.jpg ) [iqdb]
126649
Mmm, china dress. Appending to >>126640:

[X] Keine
- [X] See picture.

The 'cleavage window' style has always struck me as a bit silly. Besides, she's already putting her rear in a precarious position with the china dress; we can only ask so much at once.

>>126642
Yeah, just the dress, naturally.
>> No. 126650
[x] This for Cirno: >>126640
[x] And this for Keine >>126649

Mmm...tasty cheongsam for Keine and Cirno will just be cute and adorable as usual. For ourselves though...

[X] For ourselves, something is shades of green on brown I think.
>> No. 126651
>>126637
>Fucking storm of the century + rural Michigan = HAHA NO POWER 4 U. Last night blew.
I know how you feel. I live in Kentucky & I had the pleasure of pulling some 2-by-4s from our walls because I happen to live near a building supply store.

I wasn't complaining about the wait though. This has all been of high enough quality for me not to mind.
>> No. 126652
File 128829774764.jpg - (83.35KB , 469x428 , thumb-640x.jpg ) [iqdb]
126652
Keine:
[x] Kimono
Cirno:
[x] Blouse and skirt

<The reading I'm reading this story, the more I'm figuring Wizardnon like that.

>“And the problem,” you say, cutting her off, “is that this place is packed full of dresses that’d look fantastic on you, and you run around in the same old thing all day.”
>“Wha-a-a-a-” Keine stammers.
>“I’m gonna buy you one,” you declare.
Problem, Keine?
>> No. 126653
File 12882979185.jpg - (416.82KB , 999x999 , c50b0096bee26c77d9b32ed591015c24.jpg ) [iqdb]
126653
My head is spinning...
I'm bad with fashion and clothes.
>> No. 126654
>>126640
>>126649
Gonna have to go with these.
>> No. 126655
[E] This for Cirno: >>126640
[X] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine.
>> No. 126656
>>126655
This would be good.
>> No. 126658
I have NO fashion sense, but...
For Keine, buy something that makes her look more pretty than sexy. She's smart; if we buy her >>126644 or something, she'll know we're buying it because she'll look hot in it, which I doubt she'd approve of.
For Cirno, grab something cute.
>> No. 126659
>>126658
Hence it would be wise, for Keine, a evening gown.

Your Bound bodies and flicker lives make you blind to reality. If the cheongsam is chosen, it could do irrecuperable damage to this wizard's relationship with Keine. Do not let your base lust compromise her trust in us. It was already fragile due to the short time we have known each other and the obfuscation of our prophetic dream, this could strike it a fatal blow. If she is insulted and does not attend with us, then we could be at the mercy of the Devourer without aid!

So speak the Unbound. We must go now. Farewell. *Bentusi Hyperspace jump*
>> No. 126660
>>126659
The answer is simple.

Get her a nice evening gown with plenty of OH GOD CLEAVAGE for the visit to the Mansion.

Then sneak out and buy her a Cheongsam without telling her.
>> No. 126661
>>126660
This may be acceptable, but even the wisdom of the Unbound knows limits. Only Time and the writer Demetrious may tell of Keine's reaction. The people of this thread have proven most clever for Bound persons. Let us hope that this cleverness will not vanish.
>> No. 126663
X] Evening gown for Keine
[x] This for Cirno: >>126640
[x] Glamor up your robes and hat. Gold trim and embroidery. Hide the wear. Clean the stains and dirt. Starch. Change the color, maybe maroon.

An evening gown is proper Western formal wear, suitable for a dinner party. You're not playing dress-up, you're answering a formal invitation. If you act like a polit visitor rather than some rare breed of animal, you have the best shot of Scarlet treating you like the former, and hence the best chance of leaving withou serious conflict.

Now, children are different. Oranate, frilly bow things are completely acceptable. If anything Remilia will be amazed at how you managed to get Cirno into it at all.

Wizard has a point about his own clothes: Remilia is expecting a wizard, and thus you want to give her a wizard. However you want to be seen as taking this seriously, so you don't want to be in the same thing you're in every day. It shouldn't be hard to impress her given the pajamas Patch always wears.
>> No. 126664
>>126655
This.
>> No. 126666
[x] This for Cirno: >>126640
[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine.

Save the Cleavage Window dress for a future evening with a sexy werecow.
>> No. 126667
File 128830382431.jpg - (353.02KB , 800x800 , 235d028f5fee6638ee82ecd24b44f9bc.jpg ) [iqdb]
126667
[x] This for Cirno: >>126640
[X] Gothic lolita for Keine.
I can't imagine her reaction. But I want to read it.
>> No. 126668
>>126659
>>126661
>*Bentusi Hyperspace jump*
>Bentusi Trader
>The people of this thread have proven most clever for Bound persons.
Quit that.
>> No. 126669
>>126668
Lighten up.
>> No. 126670
[x] This for Cirno: >>126640
[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine.
>> No. 126671
I'd say something with a bit of modesty for Keine.
Sure, it would be fun to try and dress her up in whatever we can find, but she has to agree to wearing it too.
Besides, the right, proper dress can make a woman look way more attractive than if she wears something that is obviously just meant for eye-candy.


Agreeing with the majority on Cirno's dress choice.
>> No. 126673
File 12883045896.jpg - (141.34KB , 637x1167 , 1evening-gown.jpg ) [iqdb]
126673
Something like that but blue for Keine.
>> No. 126676
>>126661
Shove off, Bentusi, the Beast knows more about fashion than you.
[x]Cirno's dress as per >>126640 but without the cat ears.
>> No. 126678
Whatever we get her, it had better be one good dress. It's got some very steep competition with her regular outfit.
>> No. 126681
[x] >>126640, for Cirno, minus the cat ears.
[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves.
[x] Everything in silk.
>> No. 126682
>>126681
Shiny. I like.
>> No. 126690
File 128831552580.jpg - (213.63KB , 650x900 , 1282384494804.jpg ) [iqdb]
126690
>>126544
>>126545

Thanks for the explanation, guys.


Pissing against the tide, but

[x] Cirno
-See picture here

>“Green green brown?” you repeat.

Hey, isn't that-

>Cirno quirks her brow. “Sounds like something you’d find in a toi-”

I am now picturing Cirno screaming "WHY ARE YOU UPSIDE DOWN?" at some point in the future while hovering and flipped over.
>> No. 126692
>>126676
At least the Beast doesn't pretend to be righteous!
>> No. 126695
126655 here. Changing Cirno portion of vote to >>126690.

That is an awesome picture; the other is a bit too frilly.
>> No. 126696
I expect a picture of Keine and Cirno in their new outfits, drawfriend. I know you're there.
>> No. 126701
[x] >>126690 for cirno
[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves.
>> No. 126702
>>126690
It's an excellent choice for Cirno. I also vote for it.

[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves.
Best choice, for both elegance, and not embarassing Keine.

And, to conclude the pun, not bare assing her either, though it would be entertaing until the headbutt.
>> No. 126704
File 128832383314.jpg - (53.17KB , 497x287 , Bentusi_tradeship.jpg ) [iqdb]
126704
>>126692
We fear. For the first time in countless orbits... we fear.
Enough, we see our own madness reflected in yours. Still, we will do what we can to help.

>>126676
The Devourer is dead, slain by the Kiith Somtaaw of the Exiles. We dare say that, although we have little knowledge of Bound fashion, we are still better then a dead techno-organic virus.

Also, gold and bronze are always in fashion, especially with Ion Cannons and assorted beam weaponry. This is a suggestion for our MC Wizard.
>> No. 126705
>>126702
>and not embarassing Keine.
Heh, I wouldn't count on it.
>> No. 126707
>>126705
Too badly, anyway, and thats the point!

And what was the response to the idea of Making Cirno our familiar?
>> No. 126710
Make sure there's some frills on whatever dresses you buy! Frills are important!
>> No. 126713
>“But you can, like, ooooh~ I CAN SEE INTO YOUR MIIIND~” she wiggles her fingers at you while staring intently.

I love this Cirno so much.
>> No. 126716
Bandwagon time!

[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves. Classy yet sexy without being too much.

[x] >>126690 for Cirno.

>>126713
Yeah. I sort of wonder what Team Nineball will be like in this story.
>> No. 126718
>>126690
Yeah, this one is very good. Change my vote to that.
>> No. 126721
[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves. Classy yet sexy without being too much.
[x] >>126690 for Cirno.
Yes, this is good.
>> No. 126723
[x] >>126706
>> No. 126727
>>126721
We would alter our suggestion for Keine and Cirno to the preceding.
>> No. 126729
File 128835964965.jpg - (177.23KB , 617x700 , 3691ac57ee67aff93474b371d23cb56c[1].jpg ) [iqdb]
126729
>>126704
>dead techno-organic virus.
Sure, that bit is dead in YOUR galaxy. The rest of us are fine in the Deep of hyperspace thank you very much.

I don't think the standard Beastwear of bloody red cellular structures strewn over intricate computer network interfaces will suit Keine, though, so I'll abstain this time.
>> No. 126731
>>126729
And we no longer fear you, Devourer. The vaccine and containment procedures developed by the Kiith Somtaaw has rendered you teethless, a nuisance at best. As for your sense of fashion, it is both horrific and stale. Your bloody red and necrosis black colour scheme make you atrociously out of style. Who but you would wish to wear the agonized and screaming flesh of other sentients transformed as bio-circuitry instead of the noble gold and bronze of the Bentusi or the deep blue that would flatter Keine?
>> No. 126734
>>126729
>>126731
I don't really care that much, but your little role-playing isn't exactly relevant to the thread so could you take it somewhere else?
>> No. 126738
File 12883672123.jpg - (54.51KB , 480x340 , Sfdragon-old.jpg ) [iqdb]
126738
>Your bloody red and necrosis black color scheme make you atrociously out of style.

SAY THAT TO MY FACE, FUCKER, AND NOT ONLINE....
>> No. 126739
>>126734
Indeed. These threads are getting burned through fast enough without some ridiculously tangential off-topic roleplaying that belongs somewhere else.
>> No. 126740
[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves. Classy yet sexy without being too much.
[x] >>126690 for Cirno.
>> No. 126741
>>126734
>>126739
We apologize for the inconvenience. While we would rather not leave our dramatis persona, we will endeavour to stay on topic, as you must note we have mostly tried to. We rather enjoy the absurd of the Unbound commenting on topics so far removed from their usual interests.
>> No. 126742
>>126738
The Shivans bear crimson red and obsidian black, which is stylish and fashionable in the opinion of the Unbound. They also have the proper aura of mystery and savagery to make it work.
>> No. 126743
>>126741
This is exactly what he meant.
>> No. 126747
File 128838125971.jpg - (54.10KB , 480x340 , Gtfperseus-old.jpg ) [iqdb]
126747
>>126738

"Your bloody red and necrosis black color scheme make you atrociously out of style."
>> No. 126748
File 128838182495.png - (138.79KB , 541x612 , cirnomedusa.png ) [iqdb]
126748
[x] >>126690 for cirno
[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves

Sure, this sounds like a style our hero would like. Cirno will probably go nuts being itchy and uncomfortable in it though!

As an aside I came back from a game of tabletop last night and my sorceress learned that Medusas suck. Anyway, Happy Halloween, everyone.
>> No. 126749
[x] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves. Classy yet sexy without being too much.
[x] >>126690 for Cirno.
[x] >>126663 for us.
>> No. 126751
File 128838396457.jpg - (113.43KB , 647x423 , Sakuya__s_PAD_Nightmare_by_Syrox_495.jpg ) [iqdb]
126751
>>126660
Good idea. we can make sakuya Totally jealous.

PADPADPADPADPADPAD-*Knifed*
>> No. 126755
>>126751
>retarded pad jokes
>shitty create.swf image to accompany
>*internet actions on an image board*

Stop that shit.
>> No. 126756
Now we need to discuss what spells we will have prepared for the dinner. I'm thinking Undeath to death, sequester (for the enemy mage), mass charm monster, mass hold monster, prismatic spray, spell turning, foresight and some contingency. Also we should probably give Keine a Refuge item some time in the future
>> No. 126757
>>126756
Why Undeath to Death?
I thought Touhou vampires were a type of demon, not undead.
>> No. 126758
>>126755
Gently rebuke the noob. Gently.
>> No. 126760
>>126757
Oops. Just checked apparently they are. we need more ideas though.
>> No. 126761
So many namefags here...

>>126751
Mmm, yeah. So, for your information, jokes like that are pretty fun. If you are on danbooru, of course. Here, on THP, you'll be considered as a retarded moron if you joke like that.
>> No. 126762
>>126761
Come on, he is considered a faggot everywhere.
>> No. 126765
>>126756
We would like to inquire if we have Contingency available to us. This spell is a must have for any wizard of high level. We were unwise to forget its existence.
>> No. 126766
>>126765
Its only sixth level so we should have it.
>> No. 126769
>>126766
Then we believe that at least one Contingency should be prepare with an Emergency Hyperspace Jump... we mean Greater Teleport in case of the situation going wrong.

We have not played D&D in quite a while, others may find better usages of Contingency then us now that it was brought back to attention.
>> No. 126771
>>126762
I'm still trying to be nice toward it. After all, THP's policy is "Get better or get the fuck out".
Even if he's a total troll moron, I'm still hoping for redemption.


Or else we'll have to kill him and give his corpse to pigs.
>> No. 126796
File 128840974791.png - (1.05MB , 1253x1770 , 826de552a34a64e0d9ae683012efe8f0.png ) [iqdb]
126796
Just a thought, but shouldn't we have met Mokou by now?
>> No. 126798
>>126796
Nah. It's only been 3 days since Wizardnon popped into Gensokyou. It's likely coming up soon, though, as she's bound to hear about the crash and all and his association with Keine. Aya will probably make sure of that.

Or else Wizardnon will end up needing to be taken to Eientei for healings when he gets in over his head with something and they encounter on the way.
>> No. 126799
File 128841042840.jpg - (43.61KB , 600x400 , 1267558322494.jpg ) [iqdb]
126799
>>126798
Suddenly, having fire shield prepared sounds like a much better idea.
>> No. 126800
Oh boy, I hope we get an update soon.
>> No. 126807
>>126756
Death Ward, maybe?

Contingency seems like a good idea as well, maybe linked to a teleport as others have mentioned.


Speaking of spells, I found an interesting one:
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mindblank.htm
>The subject is protected from all devices and spells that detect, influence, or read emotions or thoughts. This spell protects against all mind-affecting spells and effects as well as information gathering by divination spells or effects.

If we ever meet Satori we need to cast this.
>> No. 126808
>>126807
Wow, that would certainly freak her out.
>> No. 126809
>>126808
Well, Koishi can resist her mindreading also, right? So she knows it's not impossible.
>> No. 126811
>>126760

In the stead of Undeath to Death, we could prepare an Avasculate or two. Going by "Gensokyo vampires are demons," they would be counted as living:

You shoot a ray of necromantic energy
from your outstretched hand, causing
any living creature struck by the ray to
violently purge blood or other vital fluids
through its skin. You must succeed on a
ranged touch attack to affect the subject.
If successful, the subject is reduced to
half of its current hit points (rounded
down) and stunned for 1 round. On a
successful Fortitude saving throw, the
subject is not stunned.


7th level. Remi getting uppity? Lets beat her at her own game (read: bloodsucking).
>> No. 126813
>>126807
Death Ward only negates save-or die stuff though
>> No. 126814
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Foresight

This could be a spell worth bringing if it wasn't level 9.

>>126809
Well, its not really active resistance as much as that she wouldn't see anything there at all. Like looking into a black hole.
>> No. 126815
>>126809
Satori technically reads hearts, not minds. It's more or less the same thing, but Koishi's sealed up her heart, so she can't read her.

Even besides that, mind/heart reading is a natural thing to her, right? Imagine talking to someone and suddenly going deaf to everything they say.
>> No. 126817
File 128842653157.jpg - (160.13KB , 646x453 , 86bb1535f5cb5cdc75bf366bbcd4ee7fe902b382.jpg ) [iqdb]
126817
[X] A blue strapless evening gown for Keine plus gloves. Classy yet sexy without being too much.
[X] >>126690 for Cirno.



“You need any help putting that on?” you say innocently.

“Shut up,” comes Keine’s voice from inside the changing stall.

“I’m done!” shouts Cirno from the adjacent stall. She bounds out, and twirls in her new, expensive dress excitedly. It’s about the same length as her normal one, but trimmed in gorgeous white lace. The misty luminescence of the Milky Way seems to flow across the rich blue fabric. The beautiful dress is strapless, and the proprietor even found blue Mary Janes, gloves, and pantyhose for the little fairy.

“It’s so pretty!” Cirno declares happily, running her hands over the fabric again and again, enjoying the fine texture. “Does it look good?”

“You’re adorable,” you declare, scooping Cirno up and twirling her around. She giggles merrily, batting at your hands playfully. “It could have been made for you. Go pick out a hair bow you like, and you’ll be all set.”

You set her down and she goes scampering off eagerly to accessorize. You watch her go, grinning at her enthusiasm. She’s a lot like you in that respect- eager to charge headlong into anything.

“Okay,” Keine says behind you in a strained, nervous voice. “I’m done.”

You turn, and the sight of Keine hits you like a thunderbolt.

The dark blue satin of the strapless gown is drawn together in a knot between her breasts, forcing it to cling to the curves of her bosom. It holds tight to her shapely waist, and below that loosens into slight pleats. The rich fabric is completely without adornment, elegant in its simplicity. Keine’s bluish-white hair contrasts beautifully with the dark hue of the gown.

Keine shifts nervously, causing the fabric to tighten and ripple over her lovely figure. You follow the line from her bare shoulder to her neck as she rubs her gloved hands together awkwardly.

“Ho-ly shit,” you say automatically, your voice awed.

Keine starts to say something, then just bites her lip.

“Holy...” you repeat softly.

Keine looks to one side as her cheeks begin to redden. “You’re staring,” she criticizes.

“Uh. Yeah. Right,” you say awkwardly, trying to pull your thoughts together. “You should definitely go with that.”

“If you say so,” she says, uncharacteristically muted. You turn as the shopkeeper comes bustling over.

“She likes that one?”

I like that one. I like them both,” you say, producing your purse. “How much do I owe you?”

The proprietor names what you assume to be an outrageous sum in whatever the local currency is. You dig into your purse and fish out a big fistful of gold coins. “Will that cover it, you think?”

The clothier’s eyes widen when he sees the gold. “I, uh, but-”

“It’s ninety-five percent gold, alloyed with five-percent copper. Want to weigh one? Or several?”

The proprietor does some swift mental math and works out what your coins are worth in the local currency, and hands you back your change, counting it out for your benefit. “Would you like me to wrap that all up for you?” he asks.

You look over your shoulder at Keine again, who’s putting Cirno’s new lace-trimmed blue bow in her hair for her. “We’re accepting a dinner invitation in a little while, so there’s no need.”

The proprietor nods understandingly. “If there’s anything else I can do for you, feel free-”

“Actually,” you say, “I bumped into Mr. Arigasha on the way here. He asked me to pick something up for him while I was in town- something ‘green, green, and brown’.”

The rotund shopkeeper’s eyes widen. “I see,” he says. He glances at Keine and Cirno. “Come in back, and we can talk.”

You follow the man into the back room, where he takes a seat on a stack of stored cloth. “So I take it you’d like to know more about our little society?”

“Ah, so green-green-brown wasn’t the code for ‘take him out back and deal with him discreetly’,” you say. “That’s new.”

“What!?” the man says, alarmed. “No, no, we’re nothing like that!”

“Glad to hear,” you say, not believing him much. In your experience, people who wear cloaks can never dispense with the daggers. “But yes, you could say I’m curious.”

“Yes...” the shopkeeper says. “And we are likewise curious about the human who slays dragons.” He thinks a moment. “Come to the Ogawa farm on the west side of town, tonight. Just after midnight.”

“Where on the farm?”

“We’ll find you.”

“What about Keine?”

“Come alone.”

“You don’t trust her?”

”No, but-” the man pauses. “It’s complicated. I trust her- many do- but she doesn’t understand. At all. And some in our little circle, they don’t trust her.” He shakes his head. “Come alone.” With that, he stands, and strides back into the shop, ending the conversation. Sighing, you follow.

“Well, I think we’re all set,” Keine says. “We’ll change back and-”

“No, no, it’s close to dinnertime anyways,” you say. “Keep it on.”

“But I can’t...”

“Can’t what?”

Keine glances out the door, at the public street beyond, and back at you. “Ah, nothing. Let’s go.”

You follow Keine and Cirno into the street. With mealtime approaching, the street is mostly deserted now, but here and there heads turn to follow Keine as she strolls down the street.

You contemplate the two girls, resplendent in their matching outfits, and recall with some embarrassment the effect Keine had on you. What the hell is with me lately? I’m playing dress-up with a fairy and a schoolteacher? You shake your head, confused. Ordinarily you consider fashion selection to be slightly more torturous then dancing a jig to a grig’s fiddle. One of the best perks of being a wizard is not having to maintain a diversified wardrobe, as far as you’re concerned. Just another manifestation of the impatience that’s driven you all your life.

And yet, with Keine and Cirno... you’re different. You’re perfectly willing to waste time shopping for dresses and bows and shit in the middle of a mission. Almost like...

“Enough of that,” you say crossly.

“Eh, what?” Keine stops and turns.

“Nothing.”

”Oh. By the way... thank you.” Keine brushes her hair back and smiles at you. “I don’t know where the urge came from, but... thank you.”

“You’ve been feeding me for a few days now,” you point out. “Don’t mention it.”

“Well, we’re all dressed up and ready to go.” Keine checks the sun. “It’s getting close to dinnertime. Should we head to the Mansion?”



[ ] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
[ ] We can be fashionably late. Why don’t we check out the Ogawa farm when our little society isn’t expecting us?
[ ] Perhaps we should slow down and compare notes with Keine on this matter before our dinner appointment.
>> No. 126818
[X] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.

No point dragging it on, we can surprise the those bunch of humans in the farm after we learn a bit more.
>> No. 126819
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.

Don't want to risk being late for dinner and its never a good idea to discuss such matters in an open area.

Taking some liberties with our inventory, if the writefag/GM doesn't like it then hes free to disregard it and kill me with falling rocks.
>> No. 126820
[X] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.

Schedule to keep.
>> No. 126821
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126824
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.

Also, just wanted to say that I was linked to this CYOA yesterday, read the last couple topics, and have been -immensely- enjoying it, in both plot and writing. Funny as hell. Looking forwards to moar.
>> No. 126825
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
It is time.
>> No. 126827
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.

I have trouble figuring how Keine looks like. Do you have a picture or something like that, please?
>> No. 126829
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126830
What's the MC school of choice? Is it generalist?
>> No. 126831
>>126830

Generalist as far as we know. We seem to have all the schools and there's been no mention of specialisation.
>> No. 126832
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126833
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126834
[ ] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.

Did we just miss our chance to meet the scryer?
>> No. 126835
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126836
[X] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
General school is best school
>> No. 126837
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
-[x] Wrap your arm around Kiene's waist while you walk there.
>> No. 126839
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126842
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126843
[X] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.

>>126836
It was already past noon by the time the group came back to the village after meeting with Yuyuko. The scryer overheard that they planned be at the clothing shop at noon, so yeah, both parties missed each other. Though there is no guarantee that the scryer even intended to pop in at the clothing shop at all, and it's not a big loss.
>> No. 126844
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
[x] Act like a perfect gentleman with Keine.
[x] Verify Spell inventory. Be ready for anything.

We are merely taking precautions against... improper behaviour. Our relationship with her still hangs in the balance.

As for the dinner itself, we all know how vampires are. We should be prepared for any trickery the parasitic beasts might pull.
>> No. 126845
[X] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126846
>>126844
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
[x] Act like a perfect gentleman with Keine.
[x] Verify Spell inventory. Be ready for anything.

I'll also add:

[x] Make some sort of contingency plan with Keine and Cirno. Maybe like, "if we get attacked and I grab you it means I'm going to cast Greater Teleport and get us the fuck out."
>> No. 126847
>[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
>-[x] Blue with little stars.
They must twinkle & move slowly about realistically. Fancy robe is fancy.
>> No. 126850
>>126847
I second this. Lets make fancy robe _really_ fancy.
>> No. 126852
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126853
>>126850
Throw in a half-dozen Dull Gray Ioun Stones with Continual Flame cast on them for kicks? Sure, they don't do anything other than orbit our head, shed light, and look impressive, but overly-ornate headgear is a must if we want the Touhous to take us seriously!

Besides, we're a level 17 wizard; the about 200 gp to buy each one is pocket change at this level.
>> No. 126855
>>126853
It must be a hat to end all hats. A hat so magnificent, so huge that even the God-Emperor of Man with with his God-Hat of Hats would go "Damn, that's a nice hat." The Ioun Stones will be our way of imitating the GEoM's aura of awesome. Mostly joking.

For our robes, make them Gold and Royal Blue, with stars moving around slowly and arcane symbols almost invisibly shimmering in and out of existence on the fabric. We have to radiate Arcane Power, oh yes, but also Wisdom and Intelligence.
>> No. 126856
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126857
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
[x] Act like a perfect gentleman with Keine.
[x] Verify Spell inventory. Be ready for anything.
>> No. 126859
If we're voluntarily entering the lair of a vampire, it might be wise to have a Sunburst spell or something like it up our sleeve. We may not intend for things to go pear-shaped, but it is a cardinal sin for a wizard to go unprepared for possibilities that he sees ahead of time.
>> No. 126860
We prepared Death Ward, right? No, wait, that's a cleric spell... is there anything that stops negative energy drain or level drain that we have prepared?
>> No. 126861
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
[x] Act like a perfect gentleman with Keine.
[x] Verify Spell inventory. Be ready for anything.

This story is amazing. Good work, though I still say aim for Patchouli.
>> No. 126862
Given how where supposed to going into a situation that we have little knowledge of it might be smarter to wear the robes that we'd wear at a mage fair. They might not be so fancy as our dragonslaying feast ones, but they are more likely to be fair better protected spellwise, and won't look too bad given that the main purpose of mage fairs seems to be showing up everyone else there.
>> No. 126865
[X] Perhaps we should slow down and compare notes with Keine on this matter before our dinner appointment.

>>126815
Even then, she knows it is possible. It would still be a useful precaution if we go in knowing what to expect from Satori, of course. But it seems dangerous to assume that just because utility magic rarely comes up in the games, everyone in Gensokyo will continue to be shocked and amazed by it.
After all, it's not like they know nothing but combat magic. Think of... well, the incident behind basically every Windows game. Remilia can change the weather, Youmu can steal seasons as though they were physical objects, Eirin can do some weird-ass enchantments that make no real logical sense (and Marisa can apparently control the cycle of day and night, if I recall Marisa's IN scenario right), Kanako can teleport entire building complexes between dimensions, Byakuren knows how to make airships, etc. In none of those cases are those things the listed "special power" of the character... they just happen to be things they have learned to do with magic. Utility magic isn't unheard of, it's just that the only spells that get fancy names are the combat spells.
>> No. 126869
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
[x] Act like a perfect gentleman with Keine.
[x] Verify Spell inventory. Be ready for anything.
>> No. 126870
>>126869
Also [X] Perhaps we should slow down and compare notes with Keine on this matter before our dinner appointment.
>> No. 126884
[x] Change into your single fancy robe w/ matching hat, the one you were going to wear for your after-dragonslaying feast.
-[x] Blue with little stars.
[x] Go to the Mansion, with a little time to get the feel of things before dinner.
>> No. 126910
File 128853477553.jpg - (87.06KB , 398x600 , 1284582363512.jpg ) [iqdb]
126910
>>126853
Dear gods man please agree to this, the idea of Cirno being chased around by sparkling lights that would make any fairy jealous of her would definitely make her the STRONGEST fairy of the lands.
>> No. 126913
>>126861
This story isn't about skirt chasing.
>> No. 126915
>>126913
hahaha... oh wait. You are serious.
>> No. 126918
>>aim for Patchouli.

Patchu/Koa harem ending
>> No. 126919
>>126918
Best ending.
>> No. 126920
File 12885430354.jpg - (110.24KB , 508x600 , 1274271484864.jpg ) [iqdb]
126920
>>126918
But...but...
>> No. 126923
Keine is obviously Best Ending.
>> No. 126924
>>126915
All stories inevitably are.

>>126923
No.
>> No. 126925
>>126918
>>126919
>>126924
Pfft. This has been Keine Route since thread 1. The sooner you accept it the sooner you can move on.
>> No. 126927
>>126925
We have observed this sentiment and agree with it. Though we would say that the first voices to speak openly of a Keine route came in the 2nd thread.
>> No. 126929
>>126924
I no your no. Majority wins anyway.
>> No. 126930
>>126927
I didn't really become a Keinefag until the second thread, but Demetrious writes a really likable Keine. And Cirno.

Keine as waifu, Cirno as apprentice. This is my only path.
>> No. 126932
>>126925
Oh Anon. You know how fast that can change. Once some other nice girl comes along and it will be her time.
>> No. 126936
>>126930
I came into this story hoping for Marisa to become the apprentice, but I'm okay with Cirno since Mr. Wizard already noted that she might have some natural abilities similar to Sorcerer-style spellcasting. We do need to get her to harness the basics at some point. She probably already has Ray of Frost as a cantrip, but we need to get her up to at least eighth ⑨'th level for Ice Storm.

And just a heads up to Demetrious: we're at autosage again.
>> No. 126940
>>126927
>>126929

Considering we haven't read about Demetrious' Patchouli yet, it's yet to be decided. Maybe our actions will cause the SDM residents to allow us to stay, and that'll be the last of the Keine route.
>> No. 126941
>>126940
You are right that it remains to be seen. However, many still hold Keine as depicted by the Poliorcetes dear to their hearts and will not desist easily. The Wizard himself seems quite fond of her.
>> No. 126942
File 128856388182.jpg - (71.73KB , 800x450 , 1279815192310.jpg ) [iqdb]
126942
>>126927
>>126941
>> No. 126943
Why can't people settle on a target like good kids? It'd take quite a surprise to get me to change my mind/targeting, but a GH Flan or a AoS Yukari don't come about often.

Not to mention I like the contrasting chemistry between Keine and the Wizard, and Cirno'll make a cute daughter/apprentice. I doubt he'd get along with patchy well as she sticks around in a library while The MC goes out and actually lives life.
>> No. 126944
Whoah, "settle on a target". Sounds sinister. "Target" is only one step away from "victim", honestly.
>> No. 126946
>>126944
Stay on target!
>> No. 126947
>>126944
SO BASICALLY, ROMANCE
>> No. 126948
>>126944
It's a term for who is perused in a CYOA, and has been used here for the longest time. Not knowing that much, you're obviously a newfag. Also it's past autosage, saging your vote was pointless.

As for anyone interested in Patchouli, there's the Eldest Scarlet in /sdm/.
>> No. 126949
>>126944
Anon often has add. He tends to stray from one girl to another and so on. Stay on Target is more like a rally cry to remind everyone that it is best to pull on the same string.
Or something like GH might happen.
>> No. 126950
>>126949
Especially people who haven't read DoLF1 in /eientei/ where we get to see first hand what a total inability to 'stay on target' results in.

But you're right about the GH point as well.
>> No. 126952
>>126948
Well, it was more that I despise the term than that I couldn't figure out what it means, but okay.
And damn, it's at autosage already? I didn't even notice.
>> No. 126953
>DoLF1
Well. Who chooses Alice. In /eientei/. Apart from the writer being young, idealistic and the story more on the fun side instead of serious picking a girl and trying the best.

But hey, we are trying our hardest for KAguya now. Without the add now.
>> No. 126954
Even with the auto-sage, we are still on the first page. Our only hope is that Demetrious will soon arrive or post an update, lest we all grow mad with debates.
>> No. 126965
>>126953
Yes you, despite whatever bumps are coming in the way.

But with DoLF1, people finally settled on Alice... around the 60-70% mark of the story; things were pretty messed up by then... and what happens next didn't help. The whole Alice thing is Scorn's fault for putting FLA on hiatus. Kinda like how a bunch of /sdm/ folk barging into GH after the move.

On that note, Taisa was another idealistic writer and that's all I'll say on the matter.
>> No. 126990
>>126954

My bad, my friend. I forgot to post the link to the new thread when I put it up (around 8 PM EST.)

NEW THREAD

>>126955