[Return]
Archived thread

File 128370077875.jpg - (53.50KB , 875x543 , 1258524959972.jpg ) [iqdb]
122606 No. 122606
Hello to all! I have within a boundless amount of boredom and no small amount of delusion and hubris found fit to think that I might be of some entertainment to you all with a CYOA!

I do have something of a plot but who cares, right? So write-ins are acceptable, and even encouraged.
I'd like audience participation to be at the max, so if you're all for it I'll let you pick the basics of the character. But if you'd rather I pick the characters traits and then start giving you choices as the story kicks up, feel free to say so. For now though;

What gender are you?
[] Female
[] Male
[] Other

Are you a youkai, or human?

[] Human
[] Youkai
[] Mixed blood
[] Other

Did you volunteer to enter Gensokyo, or were you thrown in by the cruel hand of fate?

[] Volunteer
[] Fate you magnificent bastard!
[] I was born here.

>> No. 122607
What gender are you?
[x] Female
[] Male
[o] Other
The gender male does not exist in Gensokyo.

Are you a youkai, or human?
[x] Human
[x] Youkai
[x] Mixed blood
[o] Other

Did you volunteer to enter Gensokyo, or were you thrown in by the cruel hand of fate?

[x] Volunteer
[x] Fate you magnificent bastard!
[x] I was born here.
[o] Other
All options other. Surprise me.
>> No. 122608
>>122607
Eh-heh...I'm all for the first two, but I'm not quite sure I can pull off the character simultaneously being thrown into Gensokyo by fate, volunteering to go there and being born there in the first place all at once.
>> No. 122610
[x] Male
[x] Mixed blood
[x] Volunteer
I only remember two stories with half-bloods, and only one is on-going so...
>> No. 122612
[] Female
[] Mixed blood
[] Fate you magnificent bastard!
>> No. 122617
[x] Female
[x] Mixed blood
[x] Fate you magnificent bastard!
>> No. 122621
[x] Male
[x] Mixed Blood
[x] Fate you magnificent bastard!
>> No. 122622
[X] Male
[X] Human
[X] I was born here.

VANILLA HUMAN VILLAGER MODO, NO MARY SUE HIDDEN POTENTIAL ALLOWED
>> No. 122623
[x] Female
[x] Mixed blood
[x] Fate you magnificent bastard!
>> No. 122624
[X] Male
[X] Human
[X] I was born here.

>>122622
This.
>> No. 122625
[Q] Male
[Q] Human
[Q] I was born here.

Damn you I was just imagining something like this. Well, let's see what you got.
>> No. 122626
[x] Female
[x] Mixed blood
[x] Fate you magnificent bastard!
>> No. 122627
[x] Female
[x] Mixed blood
[x] Fate you magnificent bastard!
>> No. 122629
What [x]>>122607 wanted.

You could say Fate has given protagonist a chance to come into Gensokyo, of course our character agrees. Than they were reborn as a female yuokai.
For the added effect you could say the protagonist was human male before rebirth.
>> No. 122630
Okay, so we have a tie for gender at 5 to 5 male and female...
Mixed Blood, as well as fate seem to have won out with commanding leads.
I'll give it another hour to see if a tie breaker comes in, if not the character will just have random gender switching as a result of his/her half blooded nature.
Sound fair?
>> No. 122631
[X] Male
[X] Human
[X] I was born here.

I HAVE A ROCK AND A STICK AND I KNOW HOW TO USE THEM!

No powers.
No uber skills.
Penis Only.
FINAL DESTINATION
>> No. 122632
[x] Female
[x] Youkai
[x] Fate you magnificent bastard!

Let's try something else.
>> No. 122633
>>122631
>>122632
Goddammit.
>> No. 122634
Ahaha nice tie breaker
>> No. 122635
Oh right
[x]Female
>mix'd blood
pfft
[y]Youkai
[z]Volunteer
A youkai from the outside world? Want.
>> No. 122636
[x]Female
[l]Youkai
[n]Volunteer
>> No. 122638
[x]Female
[x]Mixed blood
[x]Fate you magnificent bastard
A sneeze.
Just...A sneeze, one tiny sneeze, one among probably thousands everyone has in their lifetimes. It's something that should never really affect your day, and even if it does it'll only slow you down.
...Unless...you happen to be...well, you.
To you, a Sneeze means something's in the air. Something that probably shouldn't be.
So, if for example; after that sneeze you were to do as you've always done and sniff the air a few times, looking for whatever it is that just caused you to sneeze in the first place...And if that sniff told you that there was something odd about the alley behind you...

Well, if you put it like that a sneeze can change a whole lot, can't it?

As you enter the alley the smell starts to hit you; the faintest hint of blood...To most humans it would be barely noticeable, but to you it's clear...Whats more, you can tell it's been at least twelve hours since that blood hit the ground. But even still, you're already this far. It couldn't hurt to investigate further, right?

Almost in response, you notice a glow beneath your feet...Almost like a fire. As soon as you see it, your first instinct is to escape. But whatever's causing the light seems to have you locked in place...No matter how hard you try, you can't move a single muscle. You can't even blink, or avert your eyes from the light spreading out and engulfing a small area in front of you within a circle. It continues to stretch out into a pattern...Some occult symbol you don't recognize...

The pattern completes itself at a brisk pace, following a set of lines you've only been able to notice now that the light illuminates the alley...If you're right...Whatever this thing is about to do...It's going to happen very soon.

[] Continue to struggle against it
[] Wait to see what happens
>> No. 122640
>>122638
(Just to be fair, surrendering to the rune is the plot.
Struggling sends you tumbling through something reminiscent of the inside of Yukari's gap, and from there you'll get a few options, or even writing in. Which could send you about anywhere)
>> No. 122641
[Q] Wait to see what happens

I'd suggest not just upending and telling us what stuff does unless it's absolutely vital for you to do so. Figuring out the options is half the fun.
>> No. 122643
>>122641
I don't intend to all the time, I just figured this'd be a good time to let ya'll know since it's a pretty big juncture.
>> No. 122644
[x] Continue to struggle against it
>> No. 122645
[X] Continue to struggle against it
>> No. 122646
>>122643
You still shouldn't have told us.

On an unrelated note (not to pick on you, but you happened to do it most recently), I'd like to say to everyone that is considering starting a story:
Please don't write your big intro up front. Don't do disclaimers (This is not Fanfiction.net, for god's sake), don't tell us you are new or old or whatever, don't do the normal lightly-self-deprecating introduction lines, don't do ANY of this. Just start the damn story, and maybe at the end of the first post, write about 1/4 of what you planned to write before, and not all cheery and crap.

Please? Maybe this is my own personal pet peeve, but it just irks me something fierce to see these big loud annoying intros that give me no clue as to what the story is like.
>> No. 122648
>>122646
Stuff like that should be in "rules", not in a fanfiction.

[X] Continue to struggle against it
>> No. 122649
>>122646

Nice opinion, man.
>> No. 122650
>>122649
>Your opinion is an opinion therefore irrelevant
But that's just, like, your opinion, man.
>> No. 122652
>>122646
>You still shouldn't have told us
I'm...Sorry?

That aside, while I understand you're not talking to me specifically with that...What else could I have done?
If I'm polling for the characters species gender and location, what story could I have started with?
>> No. 122659
[x] Continue to struggle against it

No, no no no! Whatever this...Thing is trying to do, it damn sure isn't going to get away with doing it to you!
You take a long, deep breath...Thankfully whomever designed this rune seemed to be courteous enough to allow you that much. In one motion you strain your body, throwing as much of your weight as you can backwards, hoping to free yourself from the circle!

...Nothing.
There's no resistance. You fly backwards as though nothing had been holding you there in the first place...And straight into what feels like an ocean. Though you fall as though you're in mid-air, you can't breathe. Or even move easily. It's as though everything around you is trying to squash you...Wherever you are, you're definitely not in the Alley any longer.

All around you can see an inky black substance flowing down, like walls of oil bubbling back and forth without regard for gravity or common sense. Above, you see the platform you were apparently just standing on as it floats away, toward some small beacon of light in the distance...Focusing a bit more, you can make out that it seems to be a doorway out of this place...But it's too far away now, there's nothing to grab onto, and twisting around you can see the ground is...either not there at all, or too far away to see through the darkness.

So you tumble, helpless. Gasping for whatever small amounts of air the pressure will allow you. Until a small thought slips through your head. Other, similar thoughts had been flowing through constantly. But for whatever reason, this specific one seems to resonate through your mind; 'I need an exit.'

All around you, the Oily walls begin to part in places...Revealing similar beacons of light, and within Each you can see different places...
The pressure alleviates, and you can even begin to feel your descent slowing...Wherever, or whatever this place is. It seems to be accommodating you.

The only question is...Which exit to take? The choices seem to be endless, and you can see them shift and change around you while you cast your gaze about...You're not even sure if they'll stay open long enough to get through one

[]An amazing overhead view of a large forest, with a mountain in the distance
[]A river, beside a breathtaking field of flowers that stretches farther than the eyes can see
[]A quiet, calm village
[]...An upside down ship? On land?
[]A simple cave
[]A lake, shimmering in the sunlight. With several children playing on the bank.
>> No. 122664
>>122652
>If I'm polling for the characters species gender and location, what story could I have started with?
I was referring to everything before the polling part.

>>122648
In an ideal world, yes. But as far as I can tell, the majority of people never read the rules. So instead, it gets posted where it applies the most.
>> No. 122668
[x]A simple cave
>> No. 122682
>>122668
[x]A simple cave

The sheer number of...Whatever they are is astonishing. But you manage to pick out one that seems relatively close to the ground. Even if you're not sure that even matters, it couldn't hurt to make sure you're not dropping out two hundred feet in the sky.
Still, a problem presents itself; you are floating in the center of this substance, and the portal out is on the wall.

You reach your hand out, pushing your weight toward that exit. Hopefully it works like with the exits themselves, the cave will accommodate you and move you toward it.

Instead however the portal comes to you; The oily substance covering the walls bubbles around it, forcing it toward you. Instinctively you lurch back in surprise, but as you remain floating in place regardless of how you twist or turn your efforts are useless.

You can't really help but flinch at the thought of what might simply be a picture of the outside world crushing you against the wall, and the moment you do; it's over.
Fresh air fills your lungs for the first time in what seems like hours, even days. Glancing behind yourself, you can see the same runic symbol that was on the ground before...It's fading, and while it's not quite as restrictive as the last, you definitely can't seem to move as much as you'd like just yet.
You take a look around while you wait for the rune to dissolve...The portal seems to have distorted the view. As what was a small cave is more like a massive cavern dug out of a mountain. You can see a path leading into the cave, as well as one that seems to lead around the mountain...So at the least, someone had to have made these pathways. So they must lead somewhere.
The alternative is behind you, it seems to be that same forest you saw in another of the portals...If the small cave is actually a cavern, you don't even want to think about how large this forest actually might be.

The rune finally vanishes, you stand and take stock of yourself...A bit ragged and bits of that oily substance found its way onto your clothes, but nothing is broken...So where to now?

[] Into the cave, lets go monster hunting.
[] Up the mountain path, to get a better look at our surroundings
[] Into the forest, because I like trees and they like me.
>> No. 122683
[x] Into the forest, because I like trees and they like me.

Let's go under the trees.
>> No. 122684
[x]Up the mountain path, to get a better look at our surroundings
>> No. 122685
[x] Into the forest, because I like trees and they like me.
Tree.
>> No. 122688
[x] Up the mountain path, to get a better look at our surroundings
>> No. 122690
[x] Into the forest, because I like trees and they like me.

Except Birch. They steal all the jobs in the community.
>> No. 122692
[x] Into the forest

You look between the three options...A cave sounds nice, but jokes aside that's where you'd think you might find something dangerous, so that's out.
You didn't bring any climbing gear, so the mountain is out too.
So; there's only one logical solution! Through the vast, possibly filled with deadly wildlife Forest you know nothing about!

As you set out, you realize that's not a very positive outlook for a journey. You need to be upbeat! Confident! You love trees after all, and they totally love you back, right?

"Woohoo!" You enthusiastically call out to nobody in particular as you jog forth into the woods. But your pace almost immediately slows as a thought slips through your head...As soon as you think it, you realize you've done something absolutely unforgivable.

"What's the worst that could happen?"



----------

Three Hours later.
???? Forest
In front of a tree that's become the target of a young girls outrage.

As you stand in front of one of the many, many, many, many trees you've seen; pounding your head against it as a form of self inflicted punishment. You have to wonder why the hell you came out here anyway?
You hate trees, they suck. You fall out of them if you try to climb up their branches and half the time they're not even doing anything useful.

It's amidst such incredibly deep philosophical thoughts as these that you hear it...Or more accurately, you feel the rumbling underneath from whatever caused it first. Then you hear it.
An explosion...Sounds like something you'd hear if you were near a blast-mining operation! Civilization! Freedom from the Forest based hell that has consumed your existence!

[] Toward the boom! Anything that's potentially getting rid of trees is great!
[] Away from the boom! Something that blows up trees will probably be somewhat apathetic towards whether you get blown up along with 'em!
[] Stay where you are. You and this tree are both still standing, and that means there's a score to settle.
>> No. 122693
[X] Stay where you are. You and this tree are both still standing, and that means there's a score to settle.
>> No. 122698
[x] Stay where you are. You and this tree are both still standing, and that means there's a score to settle.

After a bunny-hating Anon, let's have a tree-hating Anon.
I'm waiting for an Anon-hating Anon.
>> No. 122699
[X] Stay where you are. You and this tree are both still standing, and that means there's a score to settle.

Going for the option with the most potential to be hilarious is never a bad idea!
>> No. 122700
[X] Stay where you are. You and this tree are both still standing, and that means there's a score to settle.
>> No. 122705
File 128382379428.jpg - (369.60KB , 525x700 , lightDarkTree.jpg ) [iqdb]
122705
[X] Stay where you are. You and this tree are both still standing, and that means there's a score to settle.

You stare at the tree

The tree...Silently accepts your challenge.
The battle of wills has begun.

"You cannot defeat me as I am now, Tree. I have been preparing for this moment for the last fifteen years!"

It suddenly occurs to you, trees cannot talk.
Whats more, trees live for hundreds of years and from the moment they sprout from the Earth, they're preparing to do what this tree is doing right now.
Which is nothing.

"Well played, Tree. But how do you like this?!"

You cock your fist back, and deliver the mightiest punch that you are aware has ever happened! The entire forest, perhaps even the entire world shakes and rumbles with your mighty strike!

...Wait, no. That's just another explosion. And whats more, the Tree doesn't seem to have been harmed by your opening move.


[] Continue the assault
[] Tactical retreat
[] Advance in the other direction at incredible speed and never stop
>> No. 122706
[x] Stay where you are. You and this tree are both still standing, and that means there's a score to settle.

I forgot we were female, already.
>> No. 122717
[x] Continue the assault

The Battle has just begun.
>> No. 122732
[X] Continue the assault

The tree may have won this war, but the battle isn't over yet!
...wait, what?

Anyway; You leap back from the tree, adopting a defensive posture. It's thankful that all of your hours of watching Kung-Fu movies and The Matrix over and over have made you a theoretical black belt in 14.3 styles of martial arts. The tree may have its hardened outer shell, practically eternal lifespan, and of course its patience. But you have one thing it doesn't have!

THUMBS! But how can you use that against it?

A thumb war? No...He has no thumb to grab! No matter how skilled you are, he'll tire you out eventually, and without a thumb to grasp onto, you'll never have a chance to counterattack!
Siege warfare? No...You're surrounded by his allies. Trees may be slow to stir, but if you wait too long any chance of escape once the battle is over will evaporate.
There's only one option.

[X] Summon third level Flamethrower

You pull out your bag and remove from it the lighter that you carry with you at all times.
It's not really like you smoke, or maybe you do and just can't remember it at the moment. But you've got it anyway, and that's what counts.
But even still, this doesn't answer the question of you'll attack the tree.
Oh. Right.
Fire.


After a moment of gathering some stray bits of wood, leaves and other flammable materials at the base of the tree, you deftly flick open your lighter and ignite it.
Then the little combustible pile you've formed.

[]Victory is assured! Now we must evacuate the area before the other trees catch wind of the plan
[]The tree might try something! Retreat to a safe distance and watch. Just to be sure.
[]Fire....Pretty....
>> No. 122734
[]Fire....Pretty....
>> No. 122737
[X]Victory is assured! Now we must evacuate the area before the other trees catch wind of the plan
>> No. 122738
[x]The tree might try something! Retreat to a safe distance and watch. Just to be sure.
>> No. 122740
[]Fire....Pretty....
>> No. 122742
[X]Victory is assured! Now we must evacuate the area before the other trees catch wind of the plan
>> No. 122745
[X]Victory is assured! Now we must evacuate the area before the other trees catch wind of the plan.
>> No. 122752
[X]Victory is assured! Now we must evacuate the area before the other trees catch wind of the plan.


You've been preparing for this moment for some years now, you know exactly how to properly slip away without any of the trees being aware it was you that murdered their friend. Although really since none of them have eyes, ears, noses or sentience you can make all the noise you want and they'll never figure out it was you anyway.
So you do.

You start off by leaping in a random direction, and then sprinting off away from the tree. You think you're still heading away from the mountain, but you can't really be bothered to make sure at this point.

As you run you let loose a cackle, reminiscent of the Wicked Witch of the West. Which reminds you that the Wizard of Oz is on next week, you should totally tape it. If you ever get back to where you were...Wait, where was it again?

[]America
[]Indonesia
[]Japan
[]Who cares?

Anyway, that's not really important for the moment. The ground is rumbling again, and is quickly followed by another explosion. You can see the source this time. A large beam of light shooting into the air! And it's coming from the clearing just up ahead! Son of a bitch!

"Son of a bitch!"

You declare aloud as you sprint past tree after tree.

[]Go around the clearing
[]Go through the clearing and get ready to mess somebody up
[]Walk calmly to the clearing, introduce yourself as Madame Redilina of Zimbabwe.
[]Other (Specify)
>> No. 122753
[x]Who cares?

[x]Go through the clearing and get ready to mess somebody up
>> No. 122776
[x]Who cares
[x]Go around the clearing
Showed that tree. Showed that tree good.
>> No. 122777
[x] Indonesia
[x] Go through the clearing and get ready to mess somebody up.

Because I'm curious how you'll swing that one.
>> No. 122789
File 128395258544.jpg - (112.74KB , 539x850 , 4047c9c40a73d1d9ba58ca5c70cc9b17.jpg ) [iqdb]
122789
[x] Go through the clearing
As you near the line between forest and the clearing, you slow down a bit, calmly walking forward.
There's a moment as you exit the tree's enclosure, and the full light of the sun hits you once again. You wince as the your eyes adjust to the light...Through your blurry vision, you see a small house...More specifically it seems to be a cottage...

Beside it, kneeling in the ground drawing circles in the dirt is a Woman...She's...Frankly, breathtakingly beautiful. You've never thought that about another girl, but even that doesn't strike you as odd. After all, she's just that damn pretty. It's not as though just being in this place is turning you gay, right?
As you ponder this, she looks up from her Circle, straight at you. Her long blonde hair flutters as she turns, and you're now close enough to see she even has golden eyes to match.
She stands, and begins to approach you;
"Yo~! Don't get many visitors around these parts...Who're you?"

You don't reply. You simply smile and continue to approach the girl.
As you enter within arms reach, she scratches the back of her head awkwardly, you guess she's trying to put together where you're from, or who you are for that matter.
She glances back at her house in an attempt to avoid your unbroken stare


[X]and get ready to mess somebody up.

This is the chance you've been waiting for. This momentary lapse in her guard is the only chance you need to strike. You cock your fist back, and she turns to look at you just in time to watch your fist impact her nose.
She's sent flying backward by the mighty punch you've just visited upon her. It looks like you may have knocked her unconscious.

[]Take a look inside the house
[]Jack everything that looks shiny inside the house
[]Kick her while she's down
[]Run for your goddamn life
[]Booooobies
>> No. 122790
[]Take a look inside the house
>> No. 122791
[X]Booooobies

Nobody is straight in Gensokyo.
>> No. 122792
File 128395867847.gif - (38.29KB , 546x109 , at3[1].gif ) [iqdb]
122792
[X]Booooobies

We must compare sizes or forever-more be potentially jealous!

Not gay at all.

Definitely.
>> No. 122795
[x]Booooobies

Did you expect something else to be chosen?
>> No. 122796
>>122795
No.
>> No. 122798
[x]Jack everything that looks shiny inside the house
>> No. 122799
[x]Booooobies
There is no other option.
>> No. 122800
[x]Take a look inside the house
So far, we have just been a random asshole to everything. Is the plot going to kick in soon?
>> No. 122802
[]Boobies

You look down at the unconscious girl...She's probably still alive.
Especially what with all that breathing she's doing...up and down her chest goes..breath in...breath out....up and down...chest...

You look down at your own chest, cupping your breasts in your hand, after a visual comparison you're pretty sure hers are at least a teeny tiny amount bigger than yours are. But that's just a guess, and this is no time for inaccuracy. You must be scientific! You lean over the girl and reach a hand out for her breast, giving it a soft squeeze. Thankfully, this doesn't seem to wake her up. Though she does seem to stir slightly...One you're sure she's not going to be waking up any time soon, you continue; furthering the cause of Science with your sexual harassment of a girl you met two minutes ago.

After A...rather long moment of this, you can confirm with certainty. Hers are bigger.

"Goddammit." You mutter aloud without pausing in your groping.

"Yeah, it's really not fair when someone else has better ones, is it?" Replies the girl.

...wait, what?
You look up, to see the girl is indeed awake. And staring straight at you. For whatever reason she hasn't yet moved to remove you from her breast, or retaliate for your attack earlier...In fact, despite her coherence she looks rather confused. Before you can respond, she continues

"All that aside...You mind tellin' me what you're doing?"

You think quickly; you can definitely talk your way out of this...You just need the perfect lie is all.

"...You were attacked! By some...Tiny creature! I was using one of my homelands ancient revival techniques to bring you back around!"

She looks at you skeptically, but seems to at least partially accept what you're telling her...It looks like she hasn't quite recalled what it was that knocked her out just yet.

"Well...Thanks. But I am officially 'revived'. So...Could you let go now?"

She's speaking of course about the fact that you haven't yet managed to stop groping her just yet. But as you realize this, you quickly retract your hand, you go to apologize for your rude behavior, but she cuts you off

"Don't worry about it, Ze."

...Ze? "Ze?"

She slaps herself on the forehead, pulls a notepad out from a pocket hidden away in her dress and marks something down, thankfully for you she seems to enjoy speaking aloud as she writes out "Six days...Without...'Ze'. Annoying...Visitor...to blame...For stopping...record streak."

"Hey!" You try to snatch the notepad away from her to see if she really wrote that, but she holds it away from you

She pushes herself up and away, taking a few steps backwards towards her house "'Hey' what? 's my notes! I can write what I want!"

"I'm not annoying!" You reply as you approach again...Somewhere in the back of your mind you realize that this situation feels familiar, and you hope this girl won't remember why.

"My opinion goes in, and to me you're annoyin'. So there it is. Now would you kindly tell me what yer doin' here in the first place?!"

That last comment hits you like a stack of bricks...Why are you here? Why did you burn that tree? Why did you grope her breasts...and....Where is here?

[]"I have no clue, but I'd like to get back home...Can you help?"
[]"Revolver Ocelot."
>> No. 122803
>>122800
>Is the plot going to kick in soon
To be honest for the moment it's less a plot and more a loose connection of different ideas and stories that might connect whenever people get around to making the choices that lead to it.
>> No. 122804
[]"Revolver Ocelot."
>> No. 122805
[X] "Well, I was busy having a crisis over my sexuality after catching sight of you, and being enthralled by your beauty. In fact, between the two bouts of focus I have had recently, that was the better one. Can we get back to that?"
[X] Stare at her longingly, get the schoolgirl blush, get wet. The usual exaggerated routine.

Right-o, chaps. It's another improbable bout with lesbianism. Let's get down to business.
>> No. 122806
>>122805
[]Defeat the huns
>> No. 122810
[X] "Well, I was busy having a crisis over my sexuality after catching sight of you, and being enthralled by your beauty. In fact, between the two bouts of focus I have had recently, that was the better one. Can we get back to that?"
[X] Stare at her longingly, get the schoolgirl blush, get wet. The usual exaggerated routine.

Well, okay. This might go somewhere.
>> No. 122812
[x] "Well, I was busy having a crisis over my sexuality after catching sight of you, and being enthralled by your beauty. In fact, between the two bouts of focus I have had recently, that was the better one. Can we get back to that?"
[x] Stare at her longingly, get the schoolgirl blush, get wet. The usual exaggerated routine.

I like the idea that she comes up with outrageous and distracting claims rather than answer a simple question. Or maybe I hate that, and it hasn't gotten annoying yet.
>> No. 122819
[x] "Well, I was busy having a crisis over my sexuality after catching sight of you, and being enthralled by your beauty. In fact, between the two bouts of focus I have had recently, that was the better one. Can we get back to that?"
[x] Stare at her longingly, get the schoolgirl blush, get wet. The usual exaggerated routine.
>> No. 122836
[X] "Well, I was busy having a crisis over my sexuality after catching sight of you, and being enthralled by your beauty. In fact, between the two bouts of focus I have had recently, that was the better one. Can we get back to that?"
[X] Stare at her longingly, get the schoolgirl blush, get wet. The usual exaggerated routine.
>> No. 122840
[X] "Well, I was busy having a crisis over my sexuality after catching sight of you, and being enthralled by your beauty. In fact, between the two bouts of focus I have had recently, that was the better one. Can we get back to that?"
[X] Stare at her longingly, get the schoolgirl blush, get wet. The usual exaggerated routine.
[X] Also I need to defeat the Huns.
>> No. 122843
[X] "I'm not hear to distract you from the incoming crice at all! My dark masters told me not to tell you! Its a Secret!"
>> No. 122856
[X] "Well, I was busy having a crisis over my sexuality after catching sight of you, and being enthralled by your beauty. In fact, between the two bouts of focus I have had recently, that was the better one. Can we get back to that?"


You glance behind your back, toward the mountain you left several hours ago...The portal that stole your relatively normal life away...All of the things you've potentially missed, both in this world and back home by coming this way.

...Why are you here?
'Who the fuck cares', some remote area of your subconscious that had remained quiet for most of your life speaks up.

"Well, I was busy having a crisis over my sexuality after catching sight of you, and being enthralled by your beauty. In fact, between the two bouts of focus I have had recently, that was the better one. Can we get back to that?"

The girl is...shocked, to say the least. It's clear that wasn't the answer she was expecting. After a moment she seems to compose herself a little, and blurts out
"Yo-...you...I thought that was a revival technique!"

Of all the things to get hung up on...It had to be that.
You let out a slight sigh, and ponder the best way to gently explain that little situation...
"That was a lie."

She doesn't like that at all, not one bit "Well I know that now!"

"Of course you know now, I just told you." You reply matter of factly.

"I didn-.... Never mind! Why are you here?!"

"Not really sure...I stepped on some circle thingie, there was some crazy oily sixteenth dimension shit going on, and then I was here.
All in all I can't really complain so far, the weather is nice."

Upon hearing about the circle thingie, the girl glances over toward what you assume is her house. She points towards a Rune painted onto a board of wood that's been inserted into the side

After a pause she tentatively asks "...Like that?"

[] "Hey, yeah!"
[] Lie.

===========================

Bit late on the update this time round, sorry about that. Thursdays are a bit crazy for me.
>> No. 122857
[Q] "Hey, yeah!"

Still going a bit wonky, but there's a core of The Good Stuff there.
>> No. 122859
[X] "Hey, yeah!"
[X] "Does that mean you brought me here? Does that... does that mean I'm yours?"
[X] Make a note to fashion a collar for yourself to wear later.
>> No. 122861
[X] "Hey, yeah!"
[X] "Does that mean you brought me here? Does that... does that mean I'm yours?"

No collars please.
>> No. 122863
File 12841103465.jpg - (814.84KB , 1069x1500 , f82413f2b61c512ca79e6eb678e9ea24[1].jpg ) [iqdb]
122863
>>122861
We've already got a harnessed juggernaut in OP's pic, so a collar is fine too.
>> No. 122865
[X] "Hey, yeah!"
[X] "Does that mean you brought me here? Does that... does that mean I'm yours?"
[X] Make a note to fashion a collar for yourself to wear later

I'm being amused.
>> No. 122866
[X] "Hey, yeah!"
[X] "Does that mean you brought me here? Does that... does that mean I'm yours?"

You walk toward the rune, getting a better look and comparing it to the one you remember standing in, for the first time you're thankful that it had trapped you so well, as you got a very good look at it.

"Hey, yeah! That's...almost exactly it.
It looks a bit different..."

You glance over to the girl to see her standing tall, a confident look on her face and her nose stuck in the air...It's simultaneously adorable, yet extremely annoying. But at the least she seems to have forgotten about your little groping incident earlier.

She waves her hand dismissively, and speaks with her eyes closed "Well, I may have done some...Improvements. It's complicated stuff though, I doubt you'd understand."

Ignoring her attitude you have picked up on something rather interesting, and you can't help but press the issue to learn more
"So...You made that circle? Did you bring me here then? ...Would that mean I-"

"No." She cuts you off...There's a moment of silence, and for some reason you get the feeling the girl's angered by the suggestion...Her confident smile replaced by a cold stare. You think about what to say, but she continues before you have the chance

"No, definitely not. My improvements cut my Rune off from the system. I designed it that way on purpose...Prevents people from using it to get in my house, you see."

"...So, it could have been. But that would mean you made a mistake."

"I didn-...Anyway, I only drew mine in a month ago. I haven't had time to put them in many places...Judging from the direction you came from, it wasn't one of mine that brought you here. Buuut~, the one I got the book that taught me about these runes has been at it for a lot longer. She might know something about it."


[] First things first; introduce yourself and ask whom you're speaking to
[] There is no time for that! Gotta get going, now!
>> No. 122867
[X] First things first; introduce yourself and ask whom you're speaking to
>> No. 122868
[x] First things first; introduce yourself and ask whom you're speaking to.

Let's act like a normal person.
>> No. 122870
[x] First things first; introduce yourself and ask whom you're speaking to

>>122868
Yes, lets try.
>> No. 122873
[x] First things first; introduce yourself and ask whom you're speaking to

Someone who knows what you need to do to get home? Fantastic!

"That'd be great! ...um...Y-..."

For the moment, you decide it might be best to use an alias, after all if your enemies were to ever discover your secret identity, they might come around to your house and mess up the place.

"...Well, I'm Revolver Ocelot."

The girl cocks an eyebrow at you "...Strange name."

"Iddn't it just~" Fantastic. She doesn't suspect a thing.

"Name's Marisa. profession; Magician.
...as well as Mushroom hunter, handywoman...and thief."

"Ignoring that last one, Great! Let's get rockin!"
You march off confidently into the forest, taking care to avoid going in the direction you lit the fire...Can't be seen returning to the scene of the crime after all.

After a moment, Marsia catches up. Walking alongside you...She seems to have grabbed a broom while you weren't looking.

Without breaking stride, or even glancing in her direction you ask "I'm going the wrong way, aren't I?"

"...No, actually. You're spot on.
I actually thought you'd figured out who I meant, and where she lived..."

Truly, your sense of direction is unparalleled!


---------

You've been walking for three and a half hours. Not from Marisa's, but total. You should probably feel more tired than you do.
Then again, you should probably be freaking the fuck out a lot more than you are. So, screw it.


You're just about to ask for the seventeenth time how far away this person's house is, when Marisa grabs you by the shoulder and pulls you into a bush...

To say the least, you're shocked; "A-..No! Marisa! My hearts not rea-mff

Marisa clamps a hand over your mouth and points to the sky, you can see a small doll floating overhead...Whatever it is, she doesn't seem to think it's good.

As though to answer the question you hadn't asked yet, she explains "One of Alice's dolls...Can't let em see me."

She's explained a bit about Alice as you've been walking, she's a doll user. A very talented one at that, commanding a veritable legion of those little things...Apparently they're quite deadly. But the one you can see at the moment actually looks rather cute.
...wait, something's wrong about all of this

"...Isn't she your friend?"

"Uh...About that...Well, she's mad at me.
A lot.
Pretty much always, actually. It's complicated.
I think she'll let you get to the house, but she might try to kill me...maybe. Probably you too if she thinks you're with me. You'd be better off going alone from here."

[] Leave Marisa and continue on to Alice's house.
[] Do...Something else?
>> No. 122875
[x] Take Marisa and continue on to Alice's house.
Marisa is being way to serious, I'm sure Alice wouldn't try to kill her. We should take her along and amend some bridges.
>> No. 122884
So we are the kooky sidekick with lesbian tendencies? Like Kuroko, but half as smart (but also half as obnoxious).
>> No. 122899
[x] Leave Marisa and continue on to Alice's house.

>Marisa! My heart is not rea-
Sorry Ocelot, not today.

Hey, writers, are Dead End and Bad End allowed in your story?
>> No. 122910
[x] Shot down the two F-16 dolls with a Hind-D
[x] Do... something else?
>> No. 122911
>>122899
Elaborating, I don't intend to railroad you by killing the character off if you do something I don't want you to. But there will be some options that have that as a result.

You should be able to guess in most cases.
>> No. 122922
[x] Leave Marisa and continue on to Alice's house.
But first
[X] Blushingly, confusedly ask Marisa to wait for you, leaving her a token of your affection.
>> No. 122923
[x] Take Marisa and continue on to Alice's house.
>> No. 122952
>>122922
This

[x] Blushingly, confusedly ask Marisa to wait for you, leaving her a token of your affection.
[x] Leave Marisa and continue on to Alice's house.
>> No. 122954
>>122952
Just when I was wondering about the tie-breaker!

-----------------------------
[x] Leave Marisa and continue on to Alice's house.

The doll seems to have left the area, it's probably on some sort of patrol...Marisa quickly climbs out of the bush and starts walking back toward her house. You think about stopping her, but it's not really your place to force her...Right?

That in mind, you too climb out of from cover and continue on your way...Hopefully you'll see Marisa again someday, and maybe even have a way to thank her for her help.

Through the trees ahead you can see another clearing...And a house...Though it looks like you've managed to come around to the rear entrance.

[]Walk straight toward the house and around to the front door

[]Stick to the woods for now, go around front to see if you can spot Alice
>> No. 122976
[x]Walk straight toward the house and around to the front door
>> No. 122978
[x]Walk straight toward the house and around to the front door

Bold approach seems to work so far.
>> No. 122979
[]Walk straight toward the house and around to the front door

Why not?
>> No. 122989
[x] Walk straight toward the house and around to the front door

ok
>> No. 123103
File 128442945028.jpg - (108.30KB , 690x500 , 1246271325634.jpg ) [iqdb]
123103
[]Walk straight toward the house and around to the front door

As you strive forth from the woods you are almost immediately met by a pair of dolls, almost identical to the one you noticed earlier in their face, but their accessories are quite clearly designed for combat, with each carrying a jousting lance and shield to match...For the moment however, they simply float alongside you. Guiding you toward the small house in the center of this clearing.

The house itself is surprisingly simple...Yet another word comes to mind as you think of a more accurate description. 'Picturesque'. As though someone had taken the image of a fairy tale happy, cheerful forest home and transplanted it into reality right in front of you. Even the garden, which you can see is even now being tended to by yet more of the dolls evokes that same simplicity combined with a beautiful arrangement of flowers.

...As amazing as the magical dolls, home and garden all seem. You can't help but think that someone around here has had far too much time on their hands.

Guided by the dolls you're led to the front of the house, following a small path that the garden seems to have been planted around, as you round the corner you finally catch sight of the front.

Sitting on the opposite side of the house you can see a girl who you assume to be Alice...Seated at a table, calmly sipping Tea and reading a book. From her expression, you doubt if she's even noticed you at this point...Yet, the dolls guide you toward the table, Alice remains practically motionless as you are ushered into a chair, offered tea, and even cleaned up a bit...You're tempted to try and stop the dolls from brushing the dirt out of your hair so you can get down to business...But you have to admit, your hair must look an absolute mess by this point.

It's only when the dolls all seemingly finish their tasks that you and Alice are left alone..She sits for a moment, turns the page in her book. Placing a marker in between the page and sets it upon the table.
Finally, she seems to acknowledge you...She goes to say something, but stops herself at the last moment...This momentary lapse in composure seems to have caused her quite a bit of concern, as she quickly moves to pick up her cup of tea, no longer with the grace and elegance she had when you first laid eyes upon her.

It's then that you realize...Alice really does have far too much time on her hands, and living out here she must not have too much company.
She's probably trying to show off, and while her doll show had been impressive. Now that she's face to face with you, she seems to have completely lost track of what she had been meaning to say.
...Strangely, rather than amusing. The only word that comes to mind to describe her current behavior is adorable.

She finally puts her cup back down, and affixes you with a stare. You've done a very good job to avoid giggling up till this point...But if she does that again, you really aren't sure what will happen.
If Marisa wasn't just making things up, you guess she might try to kill you.

At last, she speaks up. Her voice calm and collected, but given her previous actions you can't help but feel it's something of an act "Hello...I am Alice Margatroid...Who are you, exactly? And why have you sought out my home?"

[]Introduce yourself with your alias
[]Introduce yourself with your real name (Pick one)
-------------------------

[]Tell her the whole story, Marisa's involvement included
[]Leave Marisa out for now
>> No. 123107
[]Introduce yourself with your alias

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable!"
>> No. 123110
[]Introduce yourself with your alias

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable!"

(Pathetic MC is Moe.)
>> No. 123123
[x] Introduce yourself with a new alias. A New name for every person!

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable!"
>> No. 123126
>>123110 here
changing to
[x] Introduce yourself with a new alias. A New name for every person!

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable!"
>> No. 123133
[x]Introduce yourself with your alias
[x]Tell her the whole story, Marisa's involvement included
I don't think Alice would appreciate us squealing like a faggot over her, especially if she went through all that trouble to impress.
>> No. 123154
[x] Introduce yourself with a new alias. A New name for every person!

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable!"
>> No. 123155
[x]Introduce yourself with your alias
[x] Act impressed
[x]Tell her the whole story, Marisa's involvement included
>>123133
True dat.
>> No. 123156
>>123133
Yeah. Too late now, but I see this going badly.

[x]Introduce yourself with your real name
[x]Tell her the whole story, Marisa's involvement included
>> No. 123157
>>123156
>Too late
(with fake British accent) Not yet! Is not over yet!
>> No. 123158
[x]Introduce yourself with your alias
[x]Tell her the whole story, Marisa's involvement included

Here's another vote in hopes of turning the tide.
>> No. 123159
[x] Introduce yourself with a new alias. A New name for every person!

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable
>> No. 123169
[X]Introduce yourself with your alias

[X]Leave Marisa out for now
>> No. 123170
>>123169
...wait, shit. Nobody else voted for that...uh...
[x]Tell her the whole story, Marisa's involvement included
>> No. 123221
[x]Introduce yourself with your alias
[x]Tell her the whole story, Marisa's involvement included
>> No. 123238
[x] Introduce yourself with a new alias. A New name for every person!

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable!"
>> No. 123242
File 128455106358.jpg - (636.26KB , 1000x1313 , 17b04e03e3d4fbb1225caece940b19e8.jpg ) [iqdb]
123242
[x] Introduce yourself with your alias
[x] Tell her the whole story, Marisa's involvement included

Man, as much as I want to glomp Alice, I don't think she'd take it well, and rapehugs are no fun. It can wait.
>> No. 123244
[x] Introduce yourself with a new alias. A New name for every person!

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable!"
>> No. 123245
...This is getting ridiculous.
>> No. 123249
>>123245
Never underestimate anon's capacity for lunacy and/or stupidity.
>> No. 123253
This MC is crazy..thats okay right?
>> No. 123259
>>123245
Also blame the recent trend in crazy awesome MCs.

But >>123249 also applies very much.
>> No. 123311
File 128463904088.jpg - (162.46KB , 512x384 , 7573039_p0.jpg ) [iqdb]
123311
>>123245
If you can't make the vote fit with the story, you can always bad end and go back 1 choice. Or find a way to interrupt the MC's actions (like how you cut off "does that mean I'm yours?"). Or in extreme cases, just veto the retarded vote. It's been done before.
>> No. 123322
>>123259
>>123311
Oh no, I'm sort of fine with the vote itself...Even if I am hitting a wall with it.

I just couldn't seem to get one or the other to win for a while there.
>> No. 130590
climb that wall, man
>> No. 130619
[x] Introduce yourself with a new alias. A New name for every person!

[x] Break down over adorableness. Squee and glomp tactics initiated! "You're so adorable!"
>> No. 130626
[x] Introduce yourself with a new alias. A new name for every person!
- [x] Today's alias is: Summer Glau.