[Return]
Archived Thread

File 127714348210.png - (1.80MB , 1996x1497 , i hit you with my vending machine for 100d20 damag.png ) [iqdb]
119484 No. 119484
“Okay, fine. But I’m not gonna like it.” I begrudgingly concede. I see no reason to get into yet another squabble over something so minor as a few spoken words of regret, though my pride as a youkai is screaming at me for allowing Satori this victory. Never once have I apologized for trying to make a meal of somebody. Come ti think of it, I’ve never had the need to apologize to anybody for anything. Well, sincerely at least.

Then again, I’ve never once had a meal get up and run away after I was through with them, so perhaps this is the proper course of action. Though normally I don’t try to make meals out of youkai. Any more firsts today and my mind will have difficulty adjusting; particularly because I’ve yet to eat. Hunger is still an issue at the forefront of my mind, but I do my best to ignore it and my growling stomach as I follow Satori through the building.

“Say,” I have a sudden urge to ask something, “Why is it you want me to apologize to her, but not to you?”

All things considered, my last encounter with this girl was the cause of the entire mess I find myself in at the moment. I find Okuu equally at fault for being so impulsive and attacking me before I had even set foot outside of this property. Strange that Satori would be demanding an apology for what I had done to Okuu but not for what I thought of her. The latter seems far more personal to me.

She stops and looks back at me as if to say something, but thinks twice of it and motions to a nearby door. “In here,” she says, “knock first.”

More human etiquette. Like most things human I don’t understand the point of it, though I find myself knocking anyway. When did I get so caught up in the whims and wills of others, I ask myself, to allow myself to be so easily manipulated like this? I hear no response from the other side, so the act of knocking was as meaningless as meaningless could possibly be. I open the door.

Flames from the other side rise up to greet me. It doesn’t seem to be an attack, seeing as much of the rest of the room is on fire as well. Satori is visibly stunned, though she says nothing. The fact that a significant portion of her house is on fire doesn’t’ seem to bother her as she doesn’t run screaming for a bucket of water. Perhaps this is a usual occurrence? With nothing else holding me back I simply waltz right on in.

“Okuu!” I say, “I’m hungry~!”

No response. I’m having significant difficulty even finding her in this mess. Were she to assault me like before I could be easily blind-sided. Perhaps it is unwise of me to tease her until I have her in my sights. I overturn a pillow, covered in some silver lining and strangely not engulfed by the flames. The bed and sheets under it are similarly dressed; also oddly not on fire. I find Okuu pouting below the sheets trying desperately not to acknowledge my existence.

>

>> No. 119486
[x] Let's see how long she can keep this up.
[x] Tickle her.
>> No. 119488
[X] "What in blazes do you think you're doing? Are you... are you seriously that upset about this?"
-[X] "I was going to throw out some canned apology to keep your master from whining, but now I actually feel sorry for you! I'm sorry that you've become so pitiful! What happened to all that rage? What happened to all that fire?"
-[X] "If this is what your master has done to a youkai like you, she's even softer than I thought. I thought you were impudent and rash before, but at least you had some good old youkai rage! Some youkai pride!"
-[X] "Pick yourself up already. I'm sick of seeing a youkai act like this."
[X] Looks leaving will have to be put on hold. You need to have a nice, long talk with Satori before you go anywhere.

Grit your teeth, and get up, Okuu. Turning you back into a damn youkai has been added to the objectives list.
>> No. 119489
[x] "I'm here to say sorry, I'm not going to hurt you again. If I was lying, your master would be the first to know ."
[x] "Dinner's going to be soon."

>>119486
I'm not sure if that's a good idea, seeing what almost happened. Had things gone better in the past, I'd be all for it.
>> No. 119491
[x] "And here you are, a pathetic creature of flesh and bone covering under a blanket. Get up and recieve my apology!"
Failing that:
[x] Tickle her with your wings till she gets up.
>> No. 119492
[X] >>119488

The concept (annoyance at Okuu's sudden meekness), but not the specific dialogue. I'd rather let Snake do the writing for a story like this.
>> No. 119497
[x]>>119492
I want my nuclear bird back.
>> No. 119498
[x]>>119492

same as above, too lazy to copy
>> No. 119499
[x] "And here you are, a pathetic creature of flesh and bone quivering under a blanket. Get up and recieve my apology!
Failing that:
[x] Tickle her with your wings till she gets up.

More amusing.
>> No. 119501
>>119488
I like this.
>> No. 119502
[x] "And here you are, a pathetic creature of flesh and bone quivering under a blanket. Get up and recieve my not-so-honest apology!
Failing that:
[x] Tickle her with your wings till she gets up.

A slight change for a more honest Nue.
>> No. 119506
>>119501
Have you considered, y'know, voting for it?
>> No. 119507
[x] >>119492
>> No. 119508
[X] Sincerely apologize to her in a direct way that she is sure to understand.
[]X OKUU I IS SO SORREH
X][ I MAED A CAKE FOR YU BUT I EATED IT
O]] SO PLEEZE NO BE MAD AT ME NO MORE OKAY LES BE FRENDS YES
>> No. 119510
[x]>>119508
>> No. 119512
>>119486
[x] Let's see how long she can keep this up.
[x] Tickle her with your wings till she gets up.

With our, erm, razor sharp, metallic wings.
I don't see how this could possibly go wrong

Lets do it
>> No. 119513
Why does anyone want to tickle Okuu?

I don't get it.
>> No. 119514
>>119513
Because it's cute... too bad they seem to forget that there was a very serious altercation recently between Nue and Okuu. If not for that, I'd be on the bandwagon. You can't have your 'grimdark' and your tickling games both at once.
>> No. 119517
>>119514
You also generally don't see your would-be killer/tentacle-rape victim merely sulking under the covers of her bed and ignoring you when you come to visit, yet here we are.
>> No. 119520
I could go with vote combinan games (i.e. >>119499), but starting off with the tickling is kind of dumb.
>> No. 119524
>You can't have your 'grimdark' and your tickling games
Who said we want this to be a dark story. Nue's an asshole but not some rape/world destroyer monster.
She just wants to have fun and stand with her (outdated) values on how Youkai should be.
>> No. 119535
>>119524
But rape is fun. But yeah, a world destroyer she is not, on that I agree with you. Youkai just wanna have fun~
>> No. 119539
>>119517
The Near rape might be why she's cowering. That or some birdbrained notion that she's in trouble from Satori.
>> No. 119541
File 127723667318.jpg - (126.08KB , 640x690 , sneering nue-chan is so moee~.jpg ) [iqdb]
119541
Pathetic. To think that the only being on this earth to have ever challenged me face-to-face could be so pathetic and weak… I feel like vomiting. I can’t even say I pity her. She’d brought this outcome upon herself, while I was merely the chosen method of delivery. Had I been in a poorer mood I’d have surely ended her. But come to think of it, she does make for a good giggle now and again. Remembering this, I believe I should be glad that I hadn’t killed her, and then I look down to find her in this pitiful state and wonder.

“Get up,” I say, “this is pathetic.”

She doesn’t as much as glance up at me; her refusal to acknowledge me is absolute. Were she to acknowledge me she would have to listen to me, and by listening to me she would either have to obey me or fight me. I can’t allow her the choice. I pull her from the bed forcefully, but am surprised when she doesn’t resist.

“Better,” I say, having seated her is a somewhat more proper manner. She still sulks, but I’ve at least removed one of the barriers between her and I. The strange fireproof blanket is out of the way, and Satori finds this moment a good time to step in to mediate.

“She’s upset,” Satori says.

“That much is obvious.” Doesn’t Satori find it just a little awkward to be talking about Okuu as if she were absent while she still sits right in front of us…? I think it rude to be honest, but these two act far less like youkai than myself so perhaps my point of view is a bit skewed.

“She isn’t upset about your actions specifically… so much as the fact that you had defeated her.” Satori tells of something unknown to me. This girl, Okuu, still has enough pride as a youkai to be bitter about her loss…? Or perhaps it’s her lack of pride that permits her to behave so pitifully. Either way, it’s her loss.

“And I’m supposed to apologize for facilitating her defeat…?”

“I believe it would help…” Satori seems to lose confidence when confronting me directly. Had she been reading my thoughts I expect she would act differently.

But the manner of her request does not excuse the fact that she has requested me to do something deplorable. If anything, her apprehensive approach makes her request seem all the more unforgivable! My pride as a youkai—nay, my own personal dignity would never permit me to treat my victory as something so reprehensible that I should regret it. Rather, shouldn’t Okuu be the one to apologize for creating the situation in the first place? I was attacked! And for what? An insult!? I have permitted this offense to be treated as a duel simply as a sign of respect for my opponent, but it seems that I can do so no longer. My honor forbids it.

“…I’m leaving.”

I step outside of the room, regretting ever deciding to play along with Satori’s little game. I decide I should leave while this insult is still fresh in my mind. I’ve no further reason to lay about with this sort of filth. Their cancer will only swallow me up if I remain.

But yet again do I find my path obstructed. The satori girl that dares call herself youkai clenches her filthy hands around my wrist.

“Please wait!” she yells, pleading for me to stay a moment longer so that she may try to sink her corroded talons deeper into my flesh.

>
>> No. 119543
>>119541
... Woah.

I, uh. I don't even know anymore.
>> No. 119545
>>119543
You can't be surprised... this is what you wanted after all.

[x] "First tell me why you're so soft. I want to know how you can get away with it. Back then such softness would get you killed or sealed away"
[x] Realize despite your "youkai's honor", you had the same fate. Perhaps there is strength in numbers.
[x] "I guess I'll reconsider, if to clear the slate. I did go a bit too far after all."

Time to fix the damage.
>> No. 119546
[X] This girl is supposed to be a youkai. When a youkai wants something, either it is given to her, or she takes it. You are not about to go giving her anything.
[X] "Make me."
-[X] This is not a request. This is not a challenge. This is a demand. She is going to get her ass in gear, and make you do what she wants. Before this day is through, you are going to have her remember what it means to be a youkai.

Time to put this palace through boot camp. Drill Sergeant Nue is going to turn these wussy little girls into a troop of hell-raisers that would make Hartman proud.

They will be Hartman's Youkai Girls.

Then we are all going to go out, and we are going to drink and party hard enough to make the oni weep in awe.
>> No. 119548
File 127724363261.jpg - (149.06KB , 600x945 , nee-saaaan.jpg ) [iqdb]
119548
[X] This girl is supposed to be a youkai. When a youkai wants something, either it is given to her, or she takes it. You are not about to go giving her anything.
[X] "Make me."
-[X] This is not a request. This is not a challenge. This is a demand. She is going to get her ass in gear, and make you do what she wants. Before this day is through, you are going to have her remember what it means to be a youkai.
[X] If she persists in her obstinate denial of her own nature, you're leaving. There's just no helping some people.

We may be old-fashioned in general, but our personality is especially incompatible with Satori's. Even if we want to continue our mission of reform, we might be better off finding an intermediate who's as hardcore as us, but can get along with Satori. Pic related.
>> No. 119551
>>119548
[X] This girl is supposed to be a youkai. When a youkai wants something, either it is given to her, or she takes it. You are not about to go giving her anything.
[X] "Make me."
-[X] This is not a request. This is not a challenge. This is a demand. She is going to get her ass in gear, and make you do what she wants. Before this day is through, you are going to have her remember what it means to be a youkai.

>We may be old-fashioned in general, but our personality is especially incompatible with Satori's. Even if we want to continue our mission of reform, we might be better off finding an intermediate who's as hardcore as us, but can get along with Satori. Pic related.

Reform later, food now. No one can work on an empty stomach, no exceptions.
>> No. 119554
[B] This girl is supposed to be a youkai. When a youkai wants something, either it is given to her, or she takes it. You are not about to go giving her anything.
[B] "Make me."
-[b] This is not a request. This is not a challenge. This is a demand. She is going to get her ass in gear, and make you do what she wants. Before this day is through, you are going to have her remember what it means to be a youkai.
>> No. 119555
[x] "Make me"
>> No. 119559
>>119546
It certainly wouldn't be entertaining, where's her sense of humor?
>> No. 119561
>>119559

Being saved until after these youkai toughen up and remember what it means to be youkai.
>> No. 119562
[x]"Why should I apologize for her imcompetence?"
>> No. 119564
[x] You're not telling me everything are you?
[x] You... you... miserable pile of secrets!
>> No. 119565
>>119561
Nonsense, Nue always has a sense of humor. Her jokes might make people cry, but she always has a sense of humor.
>> No. 119567
>>119565
That's the problem with the winning write in: too dry and humorless.

>>119545 has the intent of A) Just wanting the whole incident forgotten and B) Have her ponder about things. Since let's face it, her Youkai pride didn't stop her from getting shot and sealed. This makes way for at least humorful interactions with the household.

Also Onis love a sense of humor, a super serious Nue wouldn't impress them much at all.
>> No. 119568
>>119567

Nothing wrong with >>119565. Having a sense of humor doesn't equate to constantly being positive, turning everything into a joke, or even being fun all the time. In point of fact, that would actually be a huge character flaw.

There are things that ought to be treated somewhat seriously, and a situation that completely and utterly goes against every cultural standard you have is a pretty good candidate for that. It's perfectly reasonable for Nue to be disgusted by the way Satori is acting.

We can get loosen up once these girls are acting like the youkai they are.
>> No. 119569
>>119568
But your method would most likely strip them of a sense of humor, and the manner you're suggesting is more suited for the overly serious Tengu than any kind of laid back fun loving race of youkai.

And I'd figure it'd be better to figure out why they are the way they are than to force things upon them.

And I think the original guy who insisted on such a path is shocked by how far people are going with it.
>> No. 119572
[X] This girl is supposed to be a youkai. When a youkai wants something, either it is given to her, or she takes it. You are not about to go giving her anything.
[X] "Make me."
-[X] This is not a request. This is not a challenge. This is a demand. She is going to get her ass in gear, and make you do what she wants. Before this day is through, you are going to have her remember what it means to be a youkai.
>> No. 119574
Well I hope Sanek puts a snarky spin on it.
>> No. 119575
[x] This girl is supposed to be a youkai. When a youkai wants something, either it is given to her, or she takes it. You are not about to go giving her anything.
[x] "Make me."
-[x] This is not a request. This is not a challenge. This is a demand. She is going to get her ass in gear, and make you do what she wants. Before this day is through, you are going to have her remember what it means to be a youkai.
>> No. 119579
>>119569
I'm more shocked at how long it's taking to get the hell away from this depressing, depressing mansion.
>> No. 119590
File 127729423680.png - (290.17KB , 580x650 , 122989338827.png ) [iqdb]
119590
>>119545
>Time to fix the damage.

you just don't get it do you
>> No. 119598
>>119590
So you want a boring shit grimdark story? I hope Sanaek gets back to working on his good stories soon. I'm just on the verge of dropping this, and I don't drop stories often.
>> No. 119600
>>119598
Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I'm really enjoying this Nue, and hope the story keeps going in this direction.

[x] This girl is supposed to be a youkai. When a youkai wants something, either it is given to her, or she takes it. You are not about to go giving her anything.
[x] "Make me."
-[x] This is not a request. This is not a challenge. This is a demand. She is going to get her ass in gear, and make you do what she wants. Before this day is through, you are going to have her remember what it means to be a youkai.
>> No. 119601
>>119598

You clearly have no understanding of what anyone here wants, Wiseman. I'm sure we'll be glad to see you and your bitching go.
>> No. 119602
File 127732809033.jpg - (808.43KB , 1059x1446 , bb8dd33210ed80dc9da9961c1e9cba96.jpg ) [iqdb]
119602
>>119598
oh shit, please don't stop reading this. We all would be lost without you and the story would be doomed.
>> No. 119611
File 127733081077.jpg - (202.88KB , 1066x1022 , nothingofvalue.jpg ) [iqdb]
119611
>>119598
>dropping this
Is this supposed to matter to the rest of us or something?
>> No. 119612
File 12773319517.jpg - (228.85KB , 768x1024 , Satorin is my wife!.jpg ) [iqdb]
119612
“Let go.” I don’t dare look at her. To look at her would mean acknowledging her. One does not acknowledge insects before crushing them underfoot. I give her only a moment of time to rethink her mistake of pursuing me.

“Please!” and yet she refuses to surrender, “I didn’t mean to insult you!”

“I’ll say again. Let. Go.”

“I will not!”

What a stubborn girl. I bat aside the master of this palace much like a human would to a mosquito buzzing around their head. I’ve no care of what becomes of her. She may as well be dead, though no proper youkai would dare give up the ghost from such a weak tap. I feel a slight stinging sensation in the topmost wing on my back where I contacted her, and hear the dull thud of her body hitting the wall.

“Apologies will only take you so far, girl.” I say as I resume walking.

Then I hear her voice, “You think I don’t know that?” She doesn’t sound pained, just angered by my detachment from her situation. Though I should say, ‘hear’ is not the proper word for it. Her voice seems to resonate inside my head.

“Oh? She’s alive,” I laugh, “So what’re you gonna do? Make me apologize?” I turn to face her.

“I’ve already given up on that,” She ‘says’, her lips unmoving but the words as clear as day in my mind, “I think you would have gone so far as to have chosen death over that option.”

And now she gets it.

“But to think your pride would be such an indomitable thing… I’ve misjudged you, Nue.” The voice inside my head becomes clearer.

“I think my opinion of you is pretty accurate, though.” I say, watching as she rises to her feet, clutching at her side where I’d hit her. Strangely enough, she still manages a smile after all of this. I can feel the bloodlust flowing out of her in torrents. A peaceful exit hardly seems an option at this point.

“Perhaps,” she shrugs, forming the words with her own lips, “I’ve no intention of acknowledging that opinion, though.”

“Hey, hey, that isn’t fair at all!” She can read my mind, after all. She knows more about me than I do about her. I don’t think I’d ever been in such a disadvantageous situation, so I can’t take it seriously until I know the stakes. “You’ve gotta tell me something,” I grin, “you just gotta!”

“Having an unfair advantage is what it means to be a youkai, is it not? I shouldn’t have to tell you this.” She laughs. Laughs at me! The filthy little…

My anger is short lived, however, as the girl begins to materialize strange threads all around her. They intertwine with one another, connecting to her body at various points and all coming together in her hand in the shape of a disembodied eye. It seems to be a part of her, and moves voluntarily according to her will. The threads bend and undulate as if in an unfelt breeze.

“And it would seem that we’ve reached an impasse,” she says, smiling wickedly, “Had you heard me out peacefully I would have let you go on your way… But to lash out at me so violently, and in my own house, no less—I simply can’t overlook this sort of behavior any longer!”

“I see.” So a fight it is then. How reckless of her. The halls are barely wide enough to allow for two people at arm’s length to pass, let alone an all-out brawl. For one such as myself, I find the disadvantage of knowledge she holds meted out by my ability to reconstruct and alter my form. “I suppose I won’t be going hungry tonight, after all!”

>
>> No. 119614
[X] She wants to fight?
[X] Perfect! Maybe this girl has some real youkai in her after all!
[X] Start out this fight by eliminating that advantage of hers as best you can... in other words, mimic her form. It ought to be disconcerting, even if she recognizes the deception.

Finally! The shapeshifter versus the mimic! This ought to prove decidedly interesting.
>> No. 119626
I just had to say, I only just started reading this, and it's simply wonderful a monster bloody well acts like one.

Tip of the hat to you, dear writefag.

[x]Maybe you can turn into something she can't mind read?
>> No. 119628
>Satorin is my wife!.jpg

No she is not.jpg
>> No. 119630
I can't be the only one who thinks Nue and the palace residents can still get along. Nue is working with outdated morals here, she just needs some rehabilitation.
>> No. 119631
File 127734268448.jpg - (83.89KB , 600x600 , 1242.jpg ) [iqdb]
119631
>Satorin is my wife!.jpg
Pic related.

[X] She wants to fight? Perfect! Maybe this girl has some real youkai in her after all!
[X] Then you should give her the courtesy of a real fight, with no pulled punches. Start with an all-out attack, before she has a chance to make use of her own powers.

Mind games against a mind reader isn't a winning strategy. Let's press our physical advantage before Satori can mindfuck us.
>> No. 119633
>>119630
Or maybe it's everyone else that needs rehabilitation.

...

Yeah, it's probably everyone else.
>> No. 119636
[x] Throw sand in her eyes. All three of them.
>> No. 119637
>>119630
You're not, but you're in the minority. You know what they say about the loudest voices. You should head over to /others/ to read Let's Go! That might be more to your liking.
>> No. 119639
[x] Change shape into high mass ball.
- [x] Launch yourself at full speed towards the ceiling. Bounce back into walls/floor/ceiling at random so the hallway crumbles, burying Satori beneath it.
>> No. 119643
>>119639
[x] Change shape into high mass ball.
- [x] Launch yourself at full speed towards the ceiling. Bounce back into walls/floor/ceiling at random so the hallway crumbles, burying Satori beneath it.


Ohgodfuckyes
>> No. 119644
[X] Probe her defenses, starting slowly and building your way up to a good rhythm, working her from every angle.
[X] Once you're both warmed up and ready, thrust into her! Press your attack, and don't let up until you're finally satisfied.
>> No. 119645
[x] She wants to fight?
[x] Perfect! Maybe this girl has some real youkai in her after all!
[x] Then you should give her the courtesy of a real fight, with no pulled punches. Start with an all-out attack, before she has a chance to make use of her own powers.
[x] Don't think of your attacks, just let your instinct guide you.
>> No. 119654
[x] Change shape into high mass ball.
- [x] Launch yourself at full speed towards the ceiling. Bounce back into walls/floor/ceiling at random so the hallway crumbles, burying Satori beneath it.
>> No. 119659
File 127737357227.jpg - (94.48KB , 800x600 , 1272301998310.jpg ) [iqdb]
119659
>Satorin is my wife!.jpg

[x] Change shape into high mass ball.
- [x] Launch yourself at full speed towards the ceiling. Bounce back into walls/floor/ceiling at random so the hallway crumbles, burying Satori beneath it.
>> No. 119672
[x] Change shape into high mass ball.
- [x] Launch yourself at full speed towards the ceiling. Bounce back into walls/floor/ceiling at random so the hallway crumbles, burying Satori beneath it.
>> No. 119675
>I would have let you go on your way… But to lash out at me so violently, and in my own house, no less—I simply can’t overlook this sort of behavior any longer!
I can already see how this will end. Satori chaining a beat Nue in her room, ready to "educate" her.
>> No. 119676
>>119675
>chaining
Well, at least we won't have any problems escaping
>> No. 119677
[x] Change shape into high mass ball.
- [x] Launch yourself at full speed towards the ceiling. Bounce back into walls/floor/ceiling at random so the hallway crumbles, burying Satori beneath it.

BA-DING-DING-DING-DING! TILT!
>> No. 119678
This LA is now about pinball
>> No. 119680
File 127741287466.png - (1.22MB , 1428x879 , the image I was going to post initially was NSFW.png ) [iqdb]
119680
Refusing to put up with any more of her pre-fight banter, I compress my form and launch it towards her. The clothing I had been wearing falls loosely to the ground behind me, and my target ahead seems to have been caught off guard. A successful first strike!

The brunt of my attack misses, but I successfully drive enough of my weight into her ribs to injure her. I regain my form and footing on the wall behind her and attack again, this time changing my trajectory in mid-air.

Though she’s able to see through it. No surprise; if I think ahead and plan my attacks I’ve no chance against this girl. I fall short of my target and plow into the stone wall beside her. I am gladly unhurt, but the wall now has a deep gash in it. I expect it to be a difficult repair, not that I care.

I scatter myself, though my consciousness remains whole. I can only change the shape of my body it would seem, and she’ll surely find me. I expect her to find me—I plan for it. My next assault is equal parts offense and defense. To defeat me she’ll have to navigate through a cloud of razor-sharp particles.

She sees right through it yet again, standing deadly still. Her eyes are fixated on the part of me that can still ‘see’, and I find myself wondering just what to do next. I seem to have underestimated her strength. Physically she’s far weaker than I, and perhaps I could take advantage of that. Her mental strength and abilities is what bothers me. How can I land a blow when she can read my moves before I’ve even committed to them?

I reach out to her with a fine tendril of blades, trying to coax her towards me. All two of her.

No, three.

Now four.

My eyes have become unreliable. I don’t feel that I’ve used so much power that my senses would have started fading. No, not at all. If anything I’ve reason to believe she is invading my mind and corrupting my senses. I can neither hear her nor smell her, and my vision has become filled with lies.

The room fades to green and the puddle of bubbling lava she stands upon reaches out to me—to the tendril of swords I had reached out to her with. I feel a searing heat, a painful burning sensation I have never felt before creeps up my ‘arm’ and into my body. I recoil with the instinctive drive to free myself from the pain as the heat begins to envelop me.

I fall back into a wall of arrows, becoming impaled under my own weight. Strangely I feel no pain, yet the vision enough is terrifying to me. I have died like this once before, and now with the satori girl looking me in the eye I seem to be about to die yet again…

But in my vision only.

I wrench myself free, ignoring the sight of my own flowing blood. It’s a lie, after all. I am uninjured. Yet Satori seems somehow surprised by my determination as she surrounds me. The hundreds of copies of her charge me all at once, yet they manage only to tackle and stab one another as the mist that is my body flows through the gaps.

“Ugh, what a mess!” I catch sight of my own arm, broken and bloodied—a useless appendage that, were this real, I’d have gladly done away with were it to slow me down.

But among the crowd of lavender-haired copies I’m unable to identify my true target. I feel an insurmountable urge to retreat, but something deep within tells me that to do so would be a grave mistake. I cannot allow myself to be tricked into my own defeat here.

She comes at me again, wave upon wave of her descending down around me with spears and swords in hand. The floor of sand and lava and blood falls away as stone walls close in all around me, seeking to crush me between the chiseled flat faces of boulders. I’ve nowhere to run, and not enough time to react. I close my eyes and ignore my surroundings as I drop down into the darkness below.

“This really isn’t fair at all…”

I feel a light tap on my cheek.

“And that’s for ruining my wall!” I hear Satori’s voice, and as I open my eyes she slaps me yet again.

“Huh…?” I find myself in the same room in which the battle started. My confusion having gotten the better of me, I seem to have lost the will to keep fighting.

“…You… really thought I was fighting seriously just now?”

“Er…” She wasn’t?

“Had I been attacking you with the full extent of my abilities you would most likely be off cowering and drooling in a corner somewhere,” she smiles, as if the notion amuses her. “I’m not as fragile as you might think.”

I of course have difficulty believing her, let alone understand why she behaves so cordially after I had seriously tried to kill her. Her smile sickens me.

“Though, of course,” she continues, beaming, as if nothing at all had taken place, “If you’d like to continue down this path I’d gladly put you out of your misery before you cause any serious damage.”

>
>> No. 119683
File 127741694785.jpg - (123.57KB , 485x715 , Have to close my eyes and imagine that sweet NSFW.jpg ) [iqdb]
119683
[X] She's better than you thought. That's... delicious.
[X] Get up and fight. Fight, fight, fight until you're full.
[X] For your next trick: eliminate her territorial advantage. Become the room, and proceed to barrage her with attacks from the walls, floor, and ceiling.

Satori, I have new respect for you. So we must fight more.

Also, I just kind of like the idea of wall-painting Nue taunting her opponents while decorative patterns become lancing instruments of death.
>> No. 119684
>>119683

Give it a rest, fighting is getting us nowhere.
>> No. 119687
>satorin is my wife!.jpg
Can't say I didn't see this coming. Not that I particularly mind, she might end up being my favorite character at this rate.

On the other hand, satori is confusing the shit out of me.
She starts off gracious, mature host, then moves onto touchy emotional wreck, then bludgeons us in the back of the head with a rock while we're raping utsuho, then all of a sudden she's
>I can see the fear in her eyes.
>“You’re… not going to kill me?” She seems unsure of herself.
timid and scared
Then at the room she's stubbornly concerned, and in the hallway she's a badass, playful yandere.

[x]Sanaek.... I just... I... what? I don't even know. Explain.
>> No. 119688
Waiting for other than >>119683 write-in. Nue has faced death before, so she has no chance against Satori, unlike Reimu who haven't feel even a single defeat.
>> No. 119689
[X] She's better than you thought. That's... delicious.
[X] Get up and fight. Fight, fight, fight until you're full.
[X] For your next trick: eliminate her territorial advantage. Become the room, and proceed to barrage her with attacks from the walls, floor, and ceiling.
>> No. 119690
>>119683
Let's not, we're not yuuka, here
>> No. 119691
[x]Resist the urge to fight temporaily; ask Satori why she hasn't killed us yet.

As fun as this fighting is, there's nothing to be gained from doing from picking a fight we can't really win; it'd likely have the same result as before, except this time we might get killed for real. Nue has a lot of pride, but she's not stupid.
>> No. 119692
[x] "Allright, you won. I will do what whatever you want... but only this once"

Let's be fair, we picked a fight and then gone and lost it. So we gotta obey the winner.
>> No. 119694
>>119687
~
>> No. 119695
[x] "Allright, you won. I will do what whatever you want... but only this once"

This isn't the best, but it's better than the vote to keep fighting.
>> No. 119696
[X] So if her cordial, appeasing attitude wasn't a sign of how much weaker that you she is...
[X] ...then it was a sign of how much stronger than you she is.
[X] Leave. There's little chance of making a meal of anyone around here, and you have no intention of becoming her pet just to fill your stomach.

Torn between this and >>119683, but Nue doesn't strike me as the 'blood knight' sort who starts fights she's likely to lose just for the enjoyment of battle. You don't live millenia without a firm sense of when to get the fuck out of Dodge.
>> No. 119698
[x] Ignore her and look for an exit
[x] *grumble* First that arrow, then the bird and now a little girl with more personalities than strands of hair. It's like this place is a verifiable fountain of headaches
>> No. 119701
[x] "Allright, you won. I will do what whatever you want... but only this once"
-[x] "But why did you spare me?"
>> No. 119702
[x]>>119683
>> No. 119703
[x] "Allright, you won. I will do what whatever you want... but only this once"
-[x] "But why did you spare me?"
>> No. 119704
Someone check for votespam
>> No. 119705
[X] That's enough, you know when you've been bested...though you don't dare admit that out-loud.
[X] Looks like you'll have to adjust your opinion of her. A bit.
>> No. 119706
[x]>>119705

I prefer this to the other write-in(s). We don't want to submit too readily, but fighting isn't a very good idea either.
>> No. 119707
>>119706
She'll read our mind anyway, but it's what is said aloud that counts for our pride.
>> No. 119709
>To defeat me she’ll have to navigate through a cloud of razor-sharp particles.
>She sees right through it yet again, standing deadly still.

Not very useful offensively, it's still effective for area denial.

>But in my vision only.

This point is stressed a number of times.

>“And that’s for ruining my wall!” I hear Satori’s voice, and as I open my eyes she slaps me yet again.

She wasn't able to cause pain through her illusions, meaning this is a physically present Satori who is standing very close.

>“Though, of course,” she continues, beaming, as if nothing at all had taken place, “If you’d like to continue down this path I’d gladly put you out of your misery before you cause any serious damage.”

She's so full of shit it's turned her eyes brown. The subtle, but continuous, pushing of human aesthetics onto a very youkai-like youkai, the ingratiating hospitality, passiveness in the face of hostility, desperate pleading to prevent you from leaving, which finally turns forceful--she won't seriously hurt you, because she's trying to turn you into one of her pets.

[x] Don't think, strike.
[x] It doesn't matter if it hit or not: Flee.
- [x] Leave the razor particles in your wake.
- [x] If your vision fails you again, move as fast as you can while using memory and spreading your tendrils to feel for walls, ceiling, and the floor.

Think of a blind man who uses his cane to get around. Then throw in a lot more canes.

I'm leery of the fight options that use abilities Nue hasn't been shown to possess, but to prostrate herself in front of this person who 'sickens' her when she's shown no reverence for anyone (on high to the emperor), or regard for her own safety, is far more out of character than running away.

Fighting too hasn't turned out so well. Nue maintains her power from hiding her true form. If Satori can see that, then at best you'll be locked in stalemate; at worst her other pets will arrive, leaving you with few prospects for escape and even fewer for victory.

This isn't an /underground/ story, so why folks are so set on staying here when it's increasingly obvious she and the residents aren't going to get along, I have no idea.
>> No. 119710
[x]>>119709
sounds ok.
>> No. 119711
>This isn't an /underground/ story, so why folks are so set on staying here when it's increasingly obvious she and the residents aren't going to get along, I have no idea.

This is the only part I agree with, but I agree with it heartily.

>>119692
>>119706
>>119703
>>119701
>I will do what whatever you want... but only this once"
>I will do whatever you want

Are you people stupid?
Seriously, are you people stupid?
Instead of hearing her out, seeing what she wants, negotiating, fleeing, whatever, you just hand her full control no strings attached?

It's not even
[x] So now what?
or
[x] Flee
It's
[x] Hand her full control on a silver platter for no fucking good reason despite the fact that she has every reason to just tell you to open your mouth and suck her metaphorical dick for the rest of your life?


SERIOUSLY? FUCKING. SERIOUSLY? UNBELIEVABLE
>> No. 119712
>>119711
why am I only hearing a baby crying?
>> No. 119714
>>119711

Eh, I wouldn't worry too much. Snacks has done a pretty bang-up job of not following every vote to the letter if it's not appropriate. I doubt he's going to let Nue suddenly do a ridiculous 180 in character like that.

I wouldn't count on that "I'll do whatever you want" shit coming through when up until now Nue has been firmly against submitting.
>> No. 119715
[X] She's better than you thought. That's... delicious.
[X] Get up and fight. Fight, fight, fight until you're full.
[X] For your next trick: eliminate her territorial advantage. Become the room, and proceed to barrage her with attacks from the walls, floor, and ceiling.

Nue would never give up on her freedom so easily.
>> No. 119716
>>119714
As long as we don't directly say something that stupid it's fine, yeah.
>> No. 119718
>Nue Houjuu DEFEATED
>Well, in the end, it just ended up with you beating me like this. Now, human!Boil me! Bake me alive! Do anything you wish!
>I see I've lost my touch. Are the humans above ground no longer afraid of the night? Oh well, do whatever horrible thing you please.
>> No. 119719
>>119718
Oh well, I lost. Do whatever you want
and
I lost, I'll do whatever you say

Are two different things
>> No. 119722
[X] "Then why haven't you? I would if I was in your position, but then again, I've killed humans for less."
[X] "And you keep stopping me from leaving. Has it ever crossed your mind that I don't want to be here!?"
[X] "That must be it. This body, the clothes, you, your pets, this whole damn situation and the fact that I still haven't gotten a single fucking thing to eat? This really is hell."
[X] There has to be a way out. Find it.
>> No. 119723
[x] "What if, say, instead of drooling in the corners I'll go berserk instead? I doubt you'll be able to stop me in that condition."
- [x] "And I don't want to lose my sanity either. It's not that really fun, you can't really get your best meal when you rip the prey in instant."
-- [x] "So I declare this match stalemate! Bye~!"
>> No. 119728
[X] "Then why haven't you? I would if I was in your position, but then again, I've killed humans for less."
[X] "And you keep stopping me from leaving. Has it ever crossed your mind that I don't want to be here!?"
>> No. 119729
>>119718
>Nue Houjuu DEFEATED
>Well, in the end, it just ended up with you beating me like this. >Now, human!Boil me! Bake me alive! Do anything you wish!
>Oh, but please, just don't seal me underground again.

Yeah, nice leaving out the last part. Nue hated the underground so much she'd rather be skinned and strung up on a pole than go back.
>> No. 119734
[X]>>119709
>> No. 119739
>>119729
Hey, I'm not supporting the 'Oh no I lost, I'll be your pet now!' direction. Just posted that so those people who say that Nue would never give up and keep fighting until she kills herself again have no actual basis in that idea.

Given, this is a CYOA and not canon. Still, I want to get out of here just as much as the next anon.
>> No. 119749
So many different write-ins, many of them tied. I suppose rather than a tie-breaker vote, I'll try to sum up the general idea of each individual vote and pool them together. They seem to boil down to whether or not to escape, so let us go with that, yes? Of course, I intend to fit at least some of the dialogue in.
>> No. 119750
In this situation, if Nue wants to keep fighting when she can't trust her senses the only option is to attack in a manner that does not rely upon them.

Or in other words.

[X] Tendril Barrage Devastator.

360 degrees of impaling, fanged, poisoned tentacles. She's Magical Alex Mercer and that means something. Follow up with a primitive thermobaric explosion... or just exploding the tentacles into clouds of poison shrapnel.

If she can make it so that the fight will cost more than Satori is willing to allow, then she migt get a draw out of it. If Satori really can Microcosm her then she can't win except through sheer speed of attack.

Of course, there's always the Battle Angel Alita route - fighting an enemy who could see neural pulse flow (intent) she won (sortof) by considering as many possible attacks in full detail as she could (maybe a few hundred) even as she went in for the kill, confusing her opponent.
>> No. 119752
Counting 7 for GTFO, 6 for Satorin gaems, 4 for KILL, MAIM, BURN (including that stealth vote just now). I counted twice so I don't think I missed any. Writan commences henceforth.
>> No. 119754
I am very thankful with this story's pace. Good job Snacks.
>> No. 119755
File 127749813496.jpg - (123.18KB , 448x600 , It's not easy being evil but it sure is fun.jpg ) [iqdb]
119755
I’m stunned, but I haven’t forgotten my initial motivations. I need to get out of here. This place has turned out to be more trouble than it’s worth, and even the residents have a sort of persistent knack for rubbing me the wrong way. Having still yet to speak, I turn to leave.

This time, Satori doesn’t try to stop me. Perhaps she’s fed up with me, or perhaps that little tiff has somehow satisfied one of her mental curiosities. Either way, good. This way I can leave without being pestered.

And leave I do, intending never to return. I look back only once as I step outside. Satori looks down from above through one of the stained-glass windows. I can tell she’s there only from the shadow her body casts upon the bright reds and blues.

“You truly intend to leave like this?” I hear her voice in my head for the last time, nodding to myself as I step through the threshold of charred iron and stone where I last fought Okuu, and yet again do I find myself without direction. The weight of realization hits me: I’ve no idea where I am. I may as well be lost, but the light beaming from the windows now feels more forbidding than welcoming to me, and I dare not contemplate the possibility of return. I have been humiliated one time too many as it is, and I’m all the happier having cast off what baggage Satori and her underlings tried to pile upon me. Leaving with the feeling of shame seated deep within the recesses of my mind will surely prevent me from ever wanting to come back.

Ahead I see nothing but darkness. Darkness is my element; I thrive within it. It is a tool from which I can draw out the deepest fears of man, and use terror to my advantage. It puts me at ease, and helps me to forget the indignity I received at the hands of Satori. I feel calmer already, and soon find myself smiling and humming some old song to myself as I tread down the shadowy path ahead. And yet, I soon find myself faced with something unexpected.

Torchlights ahead break up the darkness. I wonder to myself, have humans settled down underground as well, or perhaps I’ve found my way outside without knowing it? The strange flame beacons that set my rocky environs aglow with bright orange light seem not to be of human design, and I wonder if perhaps I’ve stumbled onto yet another of Satori’s settlements. I see buildings ahead, and hear a cheerful music. I smother the flames that light the land as I infiltrate past the gates of piled boulders, and sneak into the strange underground village undetected.

I lurk in the shadows behind the subterranean houses, though I soon come to discover the village to be more or less empty. Not a man, woman, or child in sight. Except for one.

An obviously drunk girl, rather young judging by appearance alone, sits among a pile of rubble and defenselessly drinks the time away. Her blonde hair is a mess, and her clothes disheveled. It would seem that I’ve not been the only one having a bad run of the lady luck.

She grumbles in a slurred and muted voice, “Fuckin’ Oni. Them an’ their damn parties…! They can all go ta hell!”

I hear her laugh as I try to sneak by, “Heh, but we’re already in hell, huh? Real fuckin’ funny, ain’t it! W’dyah think, eh?”

I freeze, wondering if she’s addressing me. Have I been seen? Unlikely, but what was this she said about Oni and hell? Ignoring that, I—

“Yeah, you! In th’shadows! Get on out here an’ lemme have a lookit ya!”

>
>> No. 119758
[X] Goddamn it, found out again?! What's it take to keep from getting detected, these days?!
>> No. 119759
>Leaving with the feeling of shame seated deep within the recesses of my mind will surely prevent me from ever wanting to come back.
She is rather pitiul. I expected more after her big talk about Youkai should be. If you get beat, just come back with a bigger stick.
>> No. 119760
[x] Perhaps I can milk her for information?
>> No. 119761
[x] "How the hell do you people keep on finding me?"
[x] Walk out; no point in hiding now.
[x] "What do you mean this is hell?"
>> No. 119764
[x] "How the hell do you people keep on finding me?"
[x] Walk out; no point in hiding now.
[x] "What do you mean this is hell?"
>> No. 119782
[ice] "How the hell do you people keep on finding me?"
[ice] Walk out; no point in hiding now.
[baby] "What do you mean this is hell?"
>> No. 119788
>>119759
I'd agree with you had that little tantrum we pulled (through DEMOCRACY) not made me facepalm hard enough to give myself a minor concussion. We somehow managed to rage ourselves into oblivion in two updates for no good reason other than getting neck deep in other people's emotional problems. People we don't even know nor care about.
Fgsfds
Moving on~

>>119752
>Counting 7 for GTFO, 6 for Satorin gaems, 4 for KILL, MAIM, BURN
Even if you imagine five of those are votespams, which they're probably not considering the sheer number of original write-ins, it means you have more than ten people following this after one thread. Congrats.

[x] Walk out; no point in hiding now.
[x] Well, here I am. You like what you see?
[x] ...Or rather, that's what I would ask had you been sober enough to see straight. What the *snicker* hell happened to you?
>> No. 119800
[x] Walk out; no point in hiding now.
[x] Well, here I am. You like what you see?
[x] ...Or rather, that's what I would ask had you been sober enough to see straight. What the hell happened to you?
>> No. 119806
[x] Walk out; no point in hiding now.
[x] Well, here I am. You like what you see?
[x] ...Or rather, that's what I would ask had you been sober enough to see straight. What the hell happened to you?
>> No. 119821
[x] Goddamn it, found out again? What's it take to keep from getting detected these days?!

>>119759
An oni is a big stick. Of sorts. Okay, that metaphor sucked.
>> No. 119828
File 127760451410.jpg - (189.73KB , 465x600 , I bite my thumb at you good sirs.jpg ) [iqdb]
119828
Oh lord it's a doozy!

================================================

Well, it would seem I’ve been found out. I’m honestly surprised. A drunkard of all people has caught me. I should probably silence her before she alerts anybody else, but after careful consideration I decide to talk to her instead for a while. I do certainly hope I won’t regret this…

“Alright, you found me,” I say, “But I’ve gotta ask, how the hell did you see me?”

“I’ve got good eyes… Better ’n yours at least!” She stumbles to her feet, trying to gesture to her eye but ends up poking it instead. She holds back a scream and nearly falls forward.

“And you were saying something about hell and Oni?” I ask, trying to pull more information from this girl before I move on. She doesn’t seem particularly well-informed, nor does she seem entirely aware of her surroundings, but she’s sure to know something I don’t. I ask anyway, hoping for a few good tidbits of information.

“Yeah!” She points off to the side, a seemingly random gesture that upon looking proves to be exactly that, “This ‘s hell! My own pers’nal hell! Yer welcome to all tha misery ya’d ever want in here, an’ then some!”

“I’ve noticed the misery part…” My thoughts flash back to Satori and Okuu, and the miserable life underground that they’ve cobbled together. Such is the sort of life I’d like to avoid.

This girl of course goes on without paying me a mote of attention, saying, “Guard tha bridge, she says! Tend to tha visitors, she says! Hah! What visitors!? Nobody ever comes down here! …Come ta think of it, who the hell’re you?”

“I’m—“

“Ah, one ‘a Satori’s pets no doubt,” she points, “I’da recognized that dress jus’ bout anywhere! Th’ hell’re you comin’ bargin’ in here for? Bet yer all off lookin’ fer sommoar corpses and whatnot like that other lil’ menace.”

“No, I—“

“Ahh, must be great, huh? Have a good ol’ happy fuckin’ fam’ly and all! Damn bitch, hope she burns in hell fer all eternity… Wait, this is hell, isn’t it? Hahaha, I crack myself up!” she says humorlessly.

She slumps back into her throne of rock and takes a heavy swig of something powerful, laughing to herself. I of course am confused, having gathered no real meaning from her rambling beyond the fact that she dislikes Satori as well. Perhaps we can find some common ground.

“Actually, I—“

“Ironic, isn’t it?” she asks, thrusting the bottle out at me as she points, “Folks down here deserve to be down here, don’t they? You people are all alike! Demanding this and that and givin’ nothing in return! The fuck is this ‘nookyoolar fyoojun’ anyway? Damn world ‘a good it done me, eh? Bet it’d be awful fun to blow shit up like that Okuu girl can. Hey, I know, yer friends wit her, why don’t you go get me some ‘a that power, why dont’cha?”

Finally, it seems like I have some room to speak, “I’ve been trying to tell you for a while now that I’m not one of them… I’m not one of Satori’s ‘pets’, nor am I particularly fond of them.”

“Oh yah?” she stumbles up yet again, seemingly unable to choose whether to remain seated or stand, “What’s with the dress then?”

“I, err…” Come on, good excuse, good excuse! “Yeah, I stole it.”

Did you now?” She seems highly suspicious, but not entirely closed to suggestion. “Heh, I’d like to see how you got in!”

I see no sense in lying, so I tell the truth, “I… I really just walked in like it was nothing special.”

An omission of fact may sometimes be considered no different than a lie though, can’t it? Oh well.

“Hm. Hadn’t tried that one yet,” she smiles, “Hell, I like you. No, wait. Wait, no, I don’t like you. Fuck you! But I like the way you think. And I fucking hate it!

“…” Can’t she make up her mind? The manner in which she reasons is completely self-serving and contradictory to itself, but it doesn’t seem to bother her in the least. I suppose I shouldn’t let it bother me, but… “Can’t you just pick one and stick with it? Do you like me or hate me?”

“Why do you care?” she asks, jabbing her finger into my breast. She seems disappointed when I don’t react to the physical contact.

“I don’t, I’m just asking.”

“Ah, honesty,” she grins, “I hate honest people. They’re the worst kind of scum!”

“And might I ask for the name of the woman calling me scum?”

“Parsee. Mizuhashi Parsee. And who knows, it might not be a fake name this time! You should be lucky you made it this far with me. I hate people who pin everything on luck, though.”

“You… seem to hate quite a number of things.” I say, not entirely sure I should reveal my ‘name’ to her.

“Aye, the list would extend from end to end in this cave here if I wrote it all down. Lengthwise.” She pauses, “…It’s a long fucking cave, lemme tell you.”

She seems to be sobering up. I should get going soon, before she becomes fully aware of things. Though, in all honesty, I am beginning to enjoy her rather awkward and spiteful personality. She seems to be more honest with herself than Satori, to say the least. Oh, but before I forget…

“And you said something about Oni…?”

“Oni? Hah! Fuck ‘em. No really, fuck them! I hear it’s good fun. Not that I’d know, stupid little bastards. Fucking Oni always pretend I don’t exist. Fucking everybody does! I’m always out here, by my little lonesome self,” her tone seems to switch to a joking feel, and then, “and nobody even gives a shit! I fucking hate! Hate!Hate hate hate hate HATE! Oni.”

Her voice raises, I’m sure some others have heard. I don’t hear a commotion in the distance, but… Did she just say that everybody ignores her? Well, if that proves to be true, I might be safer talking to her than I thought. Best prepare a means of escape anyway. If what she says is true, and thereare Oni down here, I don’t want to so much as see one let alone be forced to speak to one. Conversation with an Oni leads to violence. Always. Oni love violence, and I’m sure Parsee here hates it like everything else.

“Well,” she says, calming down drastically. She tosses aside the bottle in her hand; the bottle that had been empty for several minutes now. It hits a nearby rock face and shatters into a jagged mess. “You’re here, aren’t you? Guess not everybody ignores me. Then again, fuck you for not ignoring me! Think you’re so goddamned special, don’t you? Who the hell are you anyway, if not one of that bitch Satori’s little cronies?”

I think on introductions yet again, this time seeing little harm in disclosing myself to her. She amuses me with her banter at the very least, and were she perhaps a little less blatantly confrontational in her speech I might actually begin to like her a bit more.

“I’m Nue, just passing through.”

“The hell you’re passing through!” she stares intensely at me, suddenly breaking down into laughter, “Hahaha! Hell! Hah! ‘The hell you’re passing through’! I’m so fucking funny aren’t I?!”

Yet again she seems to become angered with me. I can’t even hope to keep up with his girl’s moods. Perhaps I should leave her be after all? She doesn’t seem the least bit surprised by my revealing my identity to her, nor that my ‘name’ is that of a certain youkai. She cannot possibly be human to have not already run off in fear.

>
>> No. 119831
[x]Try leaving, but be prepared for an attack
-[x]If attacked, return the favor and leave her with a truly hellish (heh) hangover.
>> No. 119832
[x]Try leaving, but be prepared for an attack
-[x]If attacked, return the favor and leave her with a truly hellish (heh) hangover.
>> No. 119834
[X] "So, Goldilocks. Want to help me get the hell outta here or do you gotta get back to self-loathing in your toll booth?"

I doubt she wants to fight. Nue is going to need a tour guide if she wants to get out of the underground.
>> No. 119836
This is just how she talks. Learn to speak the language.

[tried and failed] Fuck you for being funny. Want to show me around so I can hate this place -and you- some more?
>> No. 119837
[x] "So, Goldilocks. Want to help me get the hell outta here or do you gotta get back to self-loathing in your toll booth?"

I doubt that she knows what a toll booth is but whatever.
>> No. 119838
[X] Yeah. Passing through. Busting out. Making like a tree and getting the fuck outta here. Wanna come?

Ah, I love this Parsee, even if she fucking hates my guts for it.
>> No. 119839
[x] "So, Goldilocks. Want to help me get the hell outta here or do you gotta get back to self-loathing in your toll booth?"
>> No. 119844
[x] Play along, lets mess with her
[x] Yeah, you are funny. I like that. Wait, no actually I don't. I don't like that, and I hate you, thinking you're so fucking funny. What's so special about you anyway? You think you're some sort of comedian, hot shot?
>> No. 119848
Wow, this is easily one of my favorite Parsees ever.
>> No. 119853
[X] "So, Goldilocks. Want to help me get the hell outta here or do you gotta get back to self-loathing in your toll booth?"
>> No. 119858
File 127764816945.png - (15.59KB , 285x281 , yunosick.png ) [iqdb]
119858
[x] "So, Goldilocks. Want to help me get the hell outta here or do you gotta get back to self-loathing in your toll booth?"
>> No. 119879
File 127775843548.jpg - (281.32KB , 656x843 , Does anyone else feel jealous aroused and worried.jpg ) [iqdb]
119879
“Yeah, real funny you are,” I say humorlessly. Though she doesn’t necessarily like it, she does seem to value honesty. I won’t bother to ask why she doesn’t like it, because I expect the answer would segue into a long and drawn out one-sided discussion about the woes in her life. She seems the type to have a lot of woes, and I’m not the type to want to listen to a drunkard’s ramblings. So I barge in on whatever conversation she might have been trying to hold with me and substitute some more important material for discussion, “So look. I’m trying to find a way out of this dump. Care to point me in the right direction?”

“No, I’d rather not,” she smiles deviously, taking pleasure in making matters difficult, “I’d prefer to see you fail and flounder like all the others. Maybe crash and burn a bit too, why don’t you? Hell, I’ll tell ya, there’s a boatload of fucking retards over there drinking it up I’d like to see burn in an alcohol-fueled blaze. Heh, got a match?”

“No,” I say, “And if you’re not gonna help me, would you at least mind if I followed you around a bit?”

“Do whatever you want. Not like it’s gonna get you anywhere. You’re in hell after all. Many come in, nobody leaves.” She laughs—cackles maniacally as she slumps back into her rock pile. She does seem to enjoy making jokes about hell at the very least. No clue as to why thus far. “Maybe if you can get Okuu to set the village ablaze I’ll give you a pass on the whole ‘I gotta get the fuck outta here’ thing. Deal?”

“…”

“That was a joke. Ha, ha. You’re supposed to laugh.” She gets to her feet, “Well fucking laugh already!

“I didn’t think it was particularly in good humor,” I say, watching her as she fumbles around in her shirt sleeved for something. Eventually after having found nothing she withdraws her hand and retakes her seat, though she never once stops glaring at me.

“Good. I can’t stand how they laugh at anything I say,” She pauses, “Wait, didn’t I just say they all ignore me? Well they do! And sometimes they don’t. And when they don’t they’re all fucking smiles. Smiling through their teeth as they have to cope with little old abhorrent me! It’s bad enough they push me off to the wayside, now they have to pretend they like me?! I really fucking hate Oni!”

“You said that already.” I’m starting to tire of her. She’s told me nothing useful, just the same old complaints about a group I’ve yet to meet and would greatly like to avoid ever coming into contact with.

I know. It’s important enough that I feel it should be mentioned again,” she sighs, blowing a lock of dirty blonde hair from her eyes, “Hey, I just thought of something!” she suddenly gets to her feet, giddy as a schoolgirl. Who knows how long this will last. “They don’t believe me, but maybe you will!”

Not long, it seems. Her mood sinks back to sullen, though she for once remains standing. “Then again, there’s no point in believing me if I show you. Seeing is believing—seeing is cheating! None of them have seen it, and neither will you!

“…Did you ever even have the intention of showing me?” I don’t know what she’s going on about, but the way she keeps retracting statements is starting to annoy me. “Or are you just trying to get my goat?”

“Who knows. What’s it to you?” she smiles, “I found a little something buried in one of the caves a while back, though you’ll never find it without me. Would you like to see it? Would you believe I found something? Well I did!! And what would you give to see it?”

“How can I base my decision if I don’t even know what it is…?”

“Ah, good question!” her smile broadens, “I guess I’ll tell you then. It’s a ship! You’ve seen a ship before right?”

“Like… A ship that floats on water?” I ask, finding it difficult to buy her awfully unexpected little story.

“Yes, except this one is buried at more than a farsang’s depth. Who knows, ask nice and I might let you see it!”

>
>> No. 119881
[X] Assuming you believe her, and assuming she actually would show you, what would she want? You don't exactly have much besides your name and the clothes on your back.
>> No. 119883
[x]Ask nicely.
[x]Ask not so nicely if needed.

UFO get.
>> No. 119890
[x]Ask nicely.
[x]Ask not so nicely if needed.
>> No. 119891
[x]Ask nicely.
[x]Ask not so nicely if needed.
>> No. 119894
[x] Ask nicely
[x] Then ask not so nicely when she gets mad at you for asking nicely
[x] Demand once she gets mad at that
[x] Plead
[x] Threaten
[x] Etc...
>> No. 119909
>Assuming you believe her, and assuming she actually would show you, what would she want? You don't exactly have much besides your name and the clothes on your back.

It doesn't matter who or what you are: Parsee has something other people want. That's also partly why she wants to exclude you from the oni.

[x] Ask nicely.
[x] Ask what the cost is being guided?
>> No. 119910
>>119909
The cost is having to go through the trouble of beating it out of her, obviously
>> No. 119917
[x] Ask nicely.
[x] Ask what the cost is being guided?
>> No. 119927
[x]Ask nicely.
[x]Ask not so nicely if needed.
>> No. 119930
File 127784102679.png - (504.76KB , 600x900 , my fry fro's all frizzy.png ) [iqdb]
119930
“Hmmm…” she’s piqued my curiosity. Safe to say that isn’t incredibly difficult to do, but I’m willing to go a bit out of my way to investigate. Who knows? Perhaps this might eventually lead me to the surface as well!

“Alright, if you’d be so kind I’d really like to see it.”

“I bet you would,” she says, a smirk on her face showing me just how pleasurable teasing me is to her.

“So… you’re not gonna show me?” I suppose there’s always the alternative. I could persuade her a bit with force. Generally not the best option, but she seems to type to react in my favor to a bit of a bludgeoning.

“Meh, sure, why not,” she shrugs, “You’re the first I’ve come across who showed any genuine interest. The Oni only care about drinking and screwing off so I guess it’s just natural. …You’re not just trying to be nice to me, I hope.”

“…Why would I be nice to you?” I ask, seeing no reason behind her suspicion beyond the paranoia she’s displayed so far.

“Because I’m so fucking cute, why else?” She turns to leave, “Alright, let’s go then. Hope you like Oni, because we’ll be walking right by their little… soiree. They really ought to take it inside, the lousy drunks.”

“Uh, yeah, sure…” I don’t dare mention to her that she is also a lousy drunk. I find myself in her good graces this moment, but who knows, the next she might suddenly decide I’m an enemy as turn me away. Or better yet try to fight me.

I follow her quietly as she passes down a series of narrow streets. The mud and stone houses become bathed in orange firelight as the yelling and screaming of the Oni festival grows louder. She takes a detour, heading away from the noise down a particularly dark street. She kicks a small pebble into the air, cursing and mumbling to herself.

“Something wrong?” I ask, immediately wishing I hadn’t. She pauses, turning to me with rage in her eye.

Then, she smiles, “No, nothing at all.”

“Well alright then,” I say, resuming the journey towards the outside of the underground village.

We soon reach the limits of the settlement. Torches like the ones I had seen coming in line the cavern walls, bathing everything in a bright orange light. Parsee kicks one over, a feat of strength I find surprising for someone of her small stature. The path darkens as the flame is extinguished, and she walks along as if nothing had happened at all. Really, what a troublesome girl.

We follow the cave until it begins to slope upwards, and she heads down a small offshoot that, judging by the color of the rock, has been dug out very recently. I would estimate days at the longest, though I’m no stonesmith and my knowledge of such things is fairly limited.

The small offshoot cave extends for a short while, and then opens up. The scale of what stands before me is grand—an earthen pit in which even the most ancient of dragons could live comfortably. The sheer depth of the cavern makes my legs go limp as I peer down into the darkness. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen such a sight in my life.

“…Are you done gawking?” asks Parsee, pulling me back to my feet, “Only a little ways more to go. I’ll throw you over if you give me grief now.”

I nod, following her across a narrow stretch of land hanging over the edge. I hit something solid, but Parsee seems to be able to walk right through it. She turns back to me.

“Oh, right, there’s a barrier here. I felt it coming in but I didn’t think it was actually effective anymore,” she explains, “The spell is just so old, but… What did you say you were again?”

“Nue.” I say, tearing at a small paper talisman glued to the floor. I find that I can’t easily grasp at it, and as I try to pull it up I find the bond to be as strong as if it were riveted down with iron. Parsee, unaffected by the spell, simply tears the talisman from the ground.

“I see. Well, ancient youkai like you are probably what it intends to keep out,” she crumples up the paper and tosses it into the ravine, “I may be old, but you’re far older. Then again, by common definition I wouldn’t be classified as youkai at all. Demon more like, but then again I hate demons, so I’d rather be a youkai.”

“That so?” I find that I can more easily squeeze through the barrier now, though the fit is still incredibly tight.

“Yep. And here it is!” Parsee declares, motioning to a large wooden craft that was hidden until I had passed beyond the barrier. I can’t say I’m amazed by its presence, only the fact that she wasn’t lying comes as a surprise to me.

The ship is by no means majestic. Tattered would be more proper. It shows a great age and countless scars from old battles and the shifting of the rocks down here, but the stale cave air, and perhaps the barrier as well, has preserved the ship amazingly well.

“Huh.” I cross my arms, stepping up to the bow and giving it a good hard kick. It doesn’t shift a bit. “Looks like a bunch of firewood to me.” With the many holes and gashes along its side, this ship’s seafaring days are over.

“Doesn’t it, though?” Parsee giggles, “I’ve been taking pieces from the side and found they do still burn quite well. Perhaps one of these days I might dismantle it and build a new bridge. I can’t even walk on the one I have now, it’s so rotted.”

“I wouldn’t suppose anybody’s still using it.” I walk around to the port side to further investigate the wreckage. A large hole in the side serves as a way on board, and I climb inside. Parsee follows me close behind.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” she asks, voice quivering. “There could be ghosts, you know!”

“There was a barrier,” I say, climbing up onto the upper deck, “If I couldn’t get through, I doubt some angry ghost could either.”

The view from the ship’s deck allows me to see all around the cavern. My eyes seem to have adjusted to the darkness a bit better now, and I find that the cavern only extends a short distance from end to end. The depth of course still has yet to be determined, and I don’t think I’d like to in any way find out how far down it goes.

“Seems abandoned, though,” I say to myself despite Parsee being present, “Makes sense, all things considered.”

“Looks like you weren’t lying after all!” says a third voice, as a third body jumps up onto the deck. “Guess I owe you a finder’s fee, eh?”

“Yu-Yuugi?!” Parsee nearly goes into shock, and having had no time to Hide I merely stand still. I don’t believe she’s seen me yet, this newcomer.

“What’d you expect,” the woman replies, “after having made such a huge fuss about it?”

“I—er—you—“ Parsee is reduced to stutters.

“Brought a friend, too, did yah?” I find myself suddenly the center of attention. Not that I was hidden well, or at all, but why is it I’m so quickly noticed by everyone…?

>
>> No. 119937
[X] "Hello"
>> No. 119939
[X] An oni? Ugh. May as well start preparing for the inevitable fight now.
[X] Keep exploring the ship, but keep your distance from the newcomer in case she tries to start something.

Seems like Nue has a little antipathy of her own towards the oni, based on her conversation with Parsee. I wonder what happened.
>> No. 119944
[x] Stare and ogle
>> No. 119955
[x] "What's going on here? Did you come out of concern for her?"
>> No. 119957
[x] "What's going on here? Did you come out of concern for her?"
Only one thing that Parsee does not hate on this world.
>> No. 119965
[x] SO, PARSEE. WHAT WAS THAT YOU WERE SAYING ABOUT ONI AGAIN? FASCINATING CONVERSATION THERE.
>> No. 119967
Yuugi's control of magical phenomena probably invalidates any benefit afforded by Nue's shape-shifting. There's also the question of how far her detect lies ability extends.

[x] "You found my super-secret mobile base! My nefarious plot to steal all the alcohol and escape by navigating a schooner around a bed of stalagmites is uncovered! You leave me no choice but to take a hostage!"
[x] Take your 'hostage' and explore the wreck.

This also tells us what they are to each other, along with provided a much more dramatic backdrop for the inevitable donnybrook.
>> No. 119968
>>119967
Detect lies? I think you misread something, since Oni cannot lie, not detect the lies in others magically. Now if she could figure that out by watching body reaction etc...
>> No. 119969
>>119967
Touhou abilities tend to be overpowered because of how vague they are. In the end it depends on personal interpretation.

So unless we get a yuugi_is_mai_waifu.jpg from sanaek, we should be A-OK turning into a large cloud of chlorine gas or something.
>> No. 119972
File 127789812838.jpg - (239.82KB , 827x580 , parseeface.jpg ) [iqdb]
119972
>>119967
this doesn't even make sense
>> No. 119973
>>119969
polygamyisawonderfulthing.png

Nothing more to add, updates between now and Ragnarok.
>> No. 119984
>>119967

Are you high?
>> No. 120008
File 127801606931.jpg - (722.77KB , 1000x1000 , see I'm feeling better already.jpg ) [iqdb]
120008
So yeah. No updates for probably the rest of the week. Life took a huge shit on me and now I've got to go clean it all off. I'll leave you with this image for the time being.
>> No. 120013
>>120008
That is an image I could certainly agree to being left with.
Left alone with.
And the door locked.
>> No. 120048
File 127816393282.jpg - (895.44KB , 768x1024 , 1278160100263.jpg ) [iqdb]
120048
>> No. 120072
File 127826222776.png - (399.11KB , 600x900 , silly anon borders don't wear skirts.png ) [iqdb]
120072
Updates to resume likely sometime this coming week. Probably later than sooner. Moar pics.
>> No. 120234
File 127862956059.jpg - (726.69KB , 800x690 , Parsee is jealous of my people problems.jpg ) [iqdb]
120234
It's been a long and arduous road, but things seem to be shaping up for the better. Updates might be kind of meh until I get back on track properly.

================================================

“She’s pretty cute too, isn’t she?” says the woman named Yuugi, walking up to me. She reaches out to me for whatever reason, but Parsee steps between us, effectively blocking any contact between Yuugi and myself.

“Yuugi,” she says, “Just what the fuck are you doing here?!”

“Same thing you are,” she smiles, thrusting something into Parsee’s hands. A jar…? Judging by the looks of it alone, I could see nothing else but a jar. “Now let me take this old wreck off your hands, yeah?”

It’s at this point I see yet another person climbing up onto the ship’s deck; another light-haired girl. I sigh, wondering if I am no longer in Japan. It certainly seems plausible at this point that I have been moved outside of my homeland. Nobody seems to know of the name of ‘nue’, nor do these people behave like I would expect. Perhaps I should continue my latest tactic of shut up and watch.

The newcomer ignored Parsee and myself, turning straight to Yuugi with a look of disgust. Parsee, unsatisfied with being overlooked storms up to this other woman, “Hey, who the hell are you? I don’t recognize you.”

The woman takes offense, of course. “Watch your tone, lowlife. You stand before a representative of the great Vaiśravaṇa!” she says with great bravado.

“Oh,” Parsee gives the poor woman a jeering smile, “I’m sorry, I didn’t realize I was in the presence of royalty! Well then, your highness, shall I pull up a chair and beat you over the head with it?! Huh?!”

“That’s enough, Parsee,” Yuugi steps in before a fight breaks out, pushing Parsee into me and nearly knocking the both of us off the ship into the ravine below. Yuugi avoids further confrontation and turns back to the woman, “She’s always like that, see. It helps not to boast in front of her.” She then whispers something into the woman’s ear, but I catch no word of it.

“So, uh, yeah,” I say, pushing Parsee off of me and slinking off into the darkness, “I guess I’ll just be going…”

As anyone should expect Parsee hinders my progress. She grabs me by the collar and yanks me back, giving me a terrifying glare.

“Er, I suppose I’ll just stay put then…” This satisfies her for the time being, but maybe I should leave when I see the opportunity. I’ve no fear of the woman, but I also see no need for a direct confrontation at this point and time. Perhaps it’s a bit hypocritical of me to fight Satori to leave but not do the same with Parsee. The events here no longer seem to concern me at all.

“So,” Yuugi says to the other woman, “I handled the finder’s fee. That only leaves what you owe me for taking you all the way out here. Get me that and I’ll get out of your hair.”

“It’s not like it’s hard for you or anything.” Parsee snidely remarks, “Who is this woman anyway?!”

“Aw, don’t get all crazy on me or nothing, ‘kay?” Yuugi acts reassuring, “I’ve gotta make a living down here too.”

“…Doing my job?”

“Er…” Yuugi finds herself at a loss for words. For a moment, “Well, you did lead me here. You might not have known it at the time, but you did a fine job showing me the way. Grats, drinks are on me when we get back, okay?”

Parsee doesn’t seem thrilled by the idea, but Yuugi has taken her attention away from me. All three seem to be focused entirely on each other. Perhaps this is the chance I’ve been waiting for.

>
>> No. 120238
[x] Stick around and try to eavesdrop; find out if they might know how to leave this place. Their senses seem sharper than you remembered. Running wouldn't do any good.
>> No. 120242
[X] Flee
>> No. 120244
[x] Leave a clone of yourself
[x] Flee
>> No. 120246
[x] They seem pretty interested in this ship. Walk around hiding all the doors and putting their images into solid walls while they're busy. Just for shits and giggles.
[x] If you get lost or bored, turn into something sharp, hard and heavy. Punch a hole through it until you get out.
>> No. 120261
[X] Explore the ship, but stay close enough to eavesdrop. Given how things have been going lately, one of them is bound to notice if you try to sneak off, and you won't be able to fight off all three in your weakened state.
>> No. 120266
[X] Explore the ship, but stay close enough to eavesdrop. Given how things have been going lately, one of them is bound to notice if you try to sneak off, and you won't be able to fight off all three in your weakened state.
>> No. 120277
{Explore the ship, but stay close enough to eavesdrop. Given how things have been going lately, one of them is bound to notice if you try to sneak off, and you won't be able to fight off all three in your weakened state.}
>> No. 120278
[x] Explore the ship, but stay close enough to eavesdrop. Given how things have been going lately, one of them is bound to notice if you try to sneak off, and you won't be able to fight off all three in your weakened state.
A good mixture of both.
>> No. 120280
File 127873259699.png - (383.86KB , 1001x655 , So I've been keeping myself busy lately with.png ) [iqdb]
120280
Beers today, updates tomorrow. Pic unrelated
>> No. 120281
>>120280
Are... Are you serious? That's amazing. That's just fucking AMAZING.

Also, have you bought into alpha? If you haven't, it's the best 10 Euros you'll ever spend. As good as creative modo is, infdev/alpha is just that much better.
>> No. 120283
File 127874427784.gif - (553.69KB , 295x221 , 127467327597.gif ) [iqdb]
120283
>>120280

I want to call bullshit so much, but I can see where the blocks end if I look hard enough and the glass on the sides.

How many months did this take you?
>> No. 120290
>>120281
I bought into Minecraft way before indev was released. Back when everyone was still playing it on IRC, I think. Didn't think much of it then but I can't say I regret it now. It's definitely worth the little bit of money.

>>120283
I had a reference pic and set up a basic framework in Omen. Getting the colors right took a good bit of time, though. So technically, calling bullshit may be justified in this case. Here's a link to the server I run if you'd like to have a look in person.

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=e64a850d87249034c601cfa96122ac4a

(It's a /v/ server technically, but beyond the main level's dix'n'swastikas there's quite a bit of creativity going on.)
>> No. 120297
File 127880259158.jpg - (370.09KB , 860x1214 , Hey Shou your wallet's in your hand.jpg ) [iqdb]
120297
But is it a chance I’m willing to take? I don’t have the time to think it through, so I simply don’t act on the impulse to leave. I’m in no danger, nor am I being held against my will… more or less, so I’ve honestly no reason to escape. However, this ship does still interest me, so perhaps I’ll have a look around while they’re not paying attention.

I crawl back into the hatch, heading below decks into the belly of the beast. Upon opening a nearby door I find a face-full of cobwebs and a bulkhead that had been splintered wide open by some ancient catastrophe. All signs point to this ship having been taken down forcibly in an attack. To the left of me the wood appears charred, and to the right sits an old desk pushed onto its side. Ancient documents strewn about disintegrate as I touch them.

The floor creaks and gives way as I step forward, and I’d have likely tumbled down into the lower deck were it not for someone pulling me back. I turn to face the strange woman who had claimed to be a messenger of a Buddhist god.

“I don’t believe I’ve given you permission to board this ship,” she says, loosing her grip on me.

I step back from the collapsed floor, taking one final hard look at the deck below as I leave the room to look elsewhere.

“Excuse me!” she calls after me as I slam the door shut. It falls off of its hinges before the locks can catch, and the woman pursues me, “I was addressing you!”

It doesn’t seem possible that she’ll leave me alone. I regrettably turn to face the agitated woman, and regrettably open my mouth, “I don’t take orders from you, girl. Remember that and we’ll get along nicely.”

This of course serves only to aggravate her further, though I would be a liar were I to say that angering her was not my intention. I find myself smiling as she grits her teeth with contempt. Oh, I wonder what shall she do next?

“I will not repeat myself again,” she says, “Leave this place.”

“What does it look like I’m doing?” I reply, heading down a deck, “That room was boring anyway.”

She follows me down, but she loses sight of me for a moment. I disappear entirely, becoming something not unlike a dark fog. I move to the walls and become spiders, hiding behind the thick latticework of cobwebs as she searches for me.

“Wha--?!” her surprise is clear, and the anger fades from her expression, “Where did she go?!”

“Give it up, Shou,” another voice, neither Yuugi nor Parsee, comes from the next room. A small army of spiders moved to the door as it opens. “This ship is, well… What’s a good and elegant synonym for ‘screwed’?”

“It is a wreck,” says the woman I now recognize as ‘Shou’ or ‘Show’ or whatever, “I’ll give you that. Can it fly?”

“Not without significant repairs. But that’d take weeks. Months, maybe,” another figure dressed in white steps into the room, “and—Holy jeezus there’s a lot of spiders here!”

“Indeed.” Shou bats away a spider that contains part of my big toe, attempts to crush it but I change it to mist before she can lay the pressure on. “What would you recommend, as acting captain?”

“Hell if I know. Hey, wasn’t there someone else with you? I thought I heard voices above..”

“There was…” Shou takes another look around the room, “The Oni’s gone, and took her strange friend with her thankfully. There was another, but I lost sight of her coming down onto this deck.”

“You sure you weren’t seeing things?” this ‘captain’ scowls at Shou. Strange is the fact that Shou doesn’t respond negatively to this other woman. To me they would appear to be friends, but there seems to be more to it than that. A superior perhaps? “Well whatever, go see if you can’t find some wood from that Oni village. I might be able to make things work if I can fix the rudder.”

“Very well,” Shou simply complies, no arguments about her god or personal pride or whatnot. I’m surprised. “I’ll try to find the others while I’m there.”

Wait. There’s more?!

“Yeah, good thinking.”

Shou leaves, and this other woman heads back into the room she came from. The coast is clear, so I…

>
>> No. 120300
[X] Burn the ship down in a fit of insanity.
>> No. 120302
[x] Try to follow the Oni and Miss Jealous back, the village that was mentioned must have some info.
>> No. 120304
[x] Try to follow the Oni and Miss Jealous back, the village that was mentioned must have some info.

Hey, our ability worked for once.
>> No. 120306
[x] Crawl your spider-hand up murasa's leg and into her shirt
>> No. 120309
[X] Follow the other woman to see what she's doing.
>> No. 120315
[x] Follow the other woman to see what she's doing.
>> No. 120316
[x] Follow the other woman to see what she's doing.
>> No. 120320
[x] Explore the ship.
The ship is interesting, and we are interested in it. Lets not let our rampant ADHD keep us from this opportunity.
>> No. 120336
[x] Follow the other woman to see what she's doing.
>> No. 120341
File 127891540979.jpg - (443.91KB , 1050x1400 , OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN.jpg ) [iqdb]
120341
I find my curiosity getting the better of me. Were I to try and catch up to Parsee I’d surely be able to find a way out, but something tells me she won’t be straying too far from the village. I suppose there’s little risk in taking a little more time to spy and eavesdrop on these very strange people. I decide to follow the girl in white, and a thousand tiny spiders move through the cracks in the wall.

The next room over isn’t quite as poorly furnished as the rest of the ship. There is not a single cobweb to be found, and even the bed tucked back in the far corner has a mattress and sheets that look almost brand new. It’s almost as if this girl has been or plans on living here for a good long duration. Speaking of which, I find her sitting at a desk to my left. She sits idly, passing the time by doing nothing. Her body hardly moves; as if the life in her has simply gone without her knowledge. But as a cluster of spiders hiding in the shadows, my senses are very limited. I decide to take a chance.

My form returns to normal; as normal as a human body can be, and I sit back in one of the corners of the room watching her in silence. She neither moves nor speaks. She doesn’t even seem to be breathing as I sit deathly still.

No, she isn’t breathing. It isn’t something I just imagined, this girl is actually dead. I step up to her, careful not to make a sound in case I’m wrong in my assumption. I come up behind her and—

“You reek of blood,” she says suddenly, causing me to step back in surprise.

“Er, hi.” I say, unsure of myself. I could have sworn she was dead just now!

“I suppose you’re the girl Shou was looking for?” she turns around, looking at me with cold, dead eyes, “Nifty trick you have there, hiding in plain sight like that. How do you do it?”

“Even if you ask me that, I can’t explain it,” I say, perturbed by her nearly emotionless stare, but thankful she hasn’t outright attacked me, “It’s something like an innate ability or instinct.”

“Ah, I see,” she motions to a chair across from her, “Make yourself comfortable, if you want. It’s rare I meet a youkai that doesn’t want to suck my guts out.”

“So…” I see no reason not to sit, so I sit, “You live here?”

“Not so much live as I’ve become bound to this vessel. Couldn’t leave it if I wanted to. It does get a little lonely down here, so I’m afraid I’ll have you listen to me ramble on for a bit.” She smiles, “If you don’t mind, of course.”

“You know I have to ask,” I say, leaning back and trying not to focus on her eyes. The fact that she smiles with such dead eyes makes her expression far more frightening that in should be, but she does seem earnestly pleased to have company. Perhaps I’m worried over nothing. “but why is a ship buried so far underground?”

“Long story,” she laughs, “If you had a thousand years to blow I’d tell you everything, but here’s a short version: Ship crashed, cave-in, the end. It’s what caused the crash that would take a bit of time to explain, and…” she turns her head away, “Oh, look, the mutineer’s returned!”

“I’d rather you didn’t call me that,” says Shou, standing in the doorway. She pauses, looks to me with a scowl, and then turns back to the ghostly girl in white, “I forgot to mention that I’d be borrowing a few things from the stores. Some rope and various other accoutrements.”

“Go on, take!” The girl replies, “You’ve taken enough as it is, a little rope won’t be a bother.”

“…” Shou leaves in silence, her eyes turned to the ground shamefully.

“So yeah,” the girl returns her attention to me, “After the big boss lady got thrown in the brig for all eternity, there was a little… Disagreement amongst the crew. And the rest, as they say, is history. Can I offer you a drink? All I have is some old stagnant bilge water and maybe some fungus growing around the ship’s hull.”

“Er, no, I’m fine.” Is she trying to imply that she lives off of that? I find myself staring at her in disbelief.

“Hey, don’t give me that look! I’m trying to be polite here!” she pauses, turning back to her desk for a moment to shuffle some old papers around. For a moment her hand seems to go straight through the writing surface, but… “Oh right, names yeah? I bet you’re curious to know who I am.”

“Not particularly, but go ahead.” I say neither eager nor loathe to get introductions out of the way. Like many I’ve met down here I doubt I’ll ever see her past this initial meeting. I see no point to any of this, but then again I see no reason not to either.

“Alright, then!” she suddenly becomes lively, jumping to her feet and holding a hand to her chest as she takes a bow, “I am the captain of this ship, Murasa Minamitsu. Mitsu, Micchan, or Matilda is fine.”

“…Matilda?”

“Indeed!” she smiles, taking her seat, “Though in all honesty I’d rather you didn’t take that little joke to heart. So if you don’t mind me asking, who is this woman who can so easily sneak undetected into my quarters, eh?”

“Nue.”

“…Nue, huh.” She leans forward inquisitively, tenting her fingers, “I suppose you think that’s pretty funny, huh?”

“It’s no joke,” I say, “I’ve no given name, but that is what people once called me.”

“So you’re the great mythical nue, huh? I suppose I’ve no reason to disbelieve, but I really would’ve expected something more… like, you know.” She starts making odd sweeping movements with her hands and drawing shapes into the air.

“Head of a monkey, legs of a tiger, et cetera, et cetera?” I ask, remembering my described appearance in old human scrolls, “That was merely a projection; something a human believed they had witnessed. My real form was something far more frightening.”

“So now you’re a little girl,” she says plainly.

“It would seem that way, yes.”

“We’re all in the same boat here… Figuratively speaking, of course. We’re not literally in… or maybe we are? Well, whatever. Feel like busting out of underground prison?”

Ah, finally we’re getting somewhere! Interesting though that she would refer to this as a prison. Perhaps she knows something I am unaware of, or maybe her choice of words reflects only the nature of her being.

“That was my original intention, yes.”

“Well saddle up then!” she suddenly gains and loses enthusiasm, “…is what I’d like to say. Regrettably this ship is too damaged to move. But! Don’t you go and try to help or anything! I have Shou doing all the work as… atonement for her past moves against me. Funny how karma takes things in a circle, yeah? That girl needs my help more than ever, now.”

“You two don’t get along?” I ask.

“It’s more a conflict of interests rather than a personality conflict, but no. We don’t.” she smiles, “I do think I’ll get along with you, though.”

“Is that so…?” I’ve no clue where she plans on taking this conversation, but for it to turn personal out of the blue like that shows some mental instability on her part. Gathering from what she said, it would appear to me that Shou acted against her and that the conflict ended very poorly. I’m not entirely sure what to think, but I find it very likely that this woman had something to do with the crash. Perhaps it was purposeful as an act of retribution?

“And I know somebody that’s just gonna love you! …Not that she’s anywhere to be found in this world.”

“And who would that be…?”

“You’ll see~” Murasa giggles, “It’s been so long I’ve even forgotten what she looks like to be honest.”

“I know the feeling.”

“Then again, I don’t remember a lot of things. Like who I was before I died, why or how I died, what I had for breakfast this morning… Wait, ghosts don’t need to eat, do they?”

“Ghosts?”

“Yeah, ghosts. Ghosts like me. Oh, it’s a myth that they don’t have any legs, just so you’re aware.”

Her true nature is evident to me. Though she seems friendly enough, she could very likely be putting on an act. Ghosts bound to sea-faring vessels are particularly dangerous entities, more so than your average run-of-the-mill evil spirit. Perhaps it would be wise of me to get while the getting’s good.

“I… think I should be going now,” I say, feeling an instinctual fearful reaction. The dead are one thing, but the walking dead frighten me like nothing else.

“Already?” she frowns, “And here I was hoping we could talk for a little while longer…”

Then she leans in close, “Oh, and pardon me for asking, but you wouldn’t happen to have a ladle or bucket on you, would you?”

“Er…”

>
>> No. 120343
[x] Say nothing
[x] Turn your arm into a ladle
>> No. 120344
Think we might get the title of "Murasa's Bro"

Littleshrimp fans would get the reference
>> No. 120346
[ ] Wonder Nue powers, ACTIVATE!
- [ ] Form of: A BUCKET!

[X] "Uh, no. Can't say that I do."
>> No. 120347
[x] Say nothing
[x] Turn your arm into a ladle
>> No. 120348
[x] Say nothing
[x] Turn your arm into a ladle

good idea
>> No. 120354
[X] "Uh, no. Can't say that I do."
>> No. 120358
[x] "No." Make your leave.
So far we have met 5-6 people we didn't really like. I think its time to blow this joint.
>> No. 120359
[X] Say nothing
[X] Turn your arm into a ladle

We can't not do this.
>> No. 120362
>>120359
Yes we can't.
>> No. 120364
>>120362
But do we really not want to?

I think not
>> No. 120367
>>120364
Aren't you not sure that you don't want to not do this?
>> No. 120368
File 127898455238.jpg - (290.01KB , 598x1000 , Coelocanth not related.jpg ) [iqdb]
120368
An odd question, certainly. I’m unsure of how I should respond. Though, when I think about it for a moment a weird question deserves an equally weird response. Putting my skills to good use, I show her my arm. To her it will appear not as an arm, but as the item she wishes to see. To me however, it will appear as it should. All that is required from me is a bit of energy, and the will to make the object unknown.

“Oh, hey!” she laughs, amused by my little trick, “That’s a good one!”

“What do you see?” I ask, eager to gain some insight into this girl’s mind. What she sees depends on a number of factors: mood, health, physical and mental comfort… even very miniscule things like temperature and the humidity of the surrounding air can affect what another will see.

“Huh?” but she seems confused; not by the object in front of her that I see as ‘my arm’, but more so by the question itself. “I see a ladle, why?”

“…I see.” This proves to me really only one thing: the pattern of her thoughts is incredibly focused. I had somewhat expected her to see something else, but to think she has seen the item she had asked for is… strange, to say the least. Perhaps my power over form doesn’t affect her quite as strongly as it does others. “Would you like to know what is really behind the façade?”

“Your arm, right?” she grins, “It’s fairly obvious when the ladle I see is connected to your body directly.”

“True, but I could be making any number of obscene gestures at you right now.” Which I just so happen to be doing right at this moment. I smile, knowing that she can’t see past the illusion I’ve created, “Would you perhaps be more apt to believe I am what I say now?”

“I can’t say I ever doubted you,” she gets to her feet, taking a few short steps to look out a nearby porthole, “though I don’t suppose it ever occurred to you that my asking for a ladle was a joke.”

“I’d somewhat figured that,” I say, stepping up behind her, “See anything interesting?”

“If you consider a bedrock wall to be interesting, then yes, I do,” suddenly, she turns around. Silently, she stares. For a moment we both say nothing, passing meaningless glances at one another before one of us breaks out in laughter. That person just so happens to be her.

“Heh, you’re a tough one, you are,” she says, heading for the door, “Come on, I’ll show you around.”

“I don’t see the point, really,” I interrupt, “This ship is just dilapidated room after dilapidated room, and I’m tired of walking. If you know of a place where I can rest and possibly get a good meal, by all means show me to it.”

“And straight to the point, too!” she bursts out into laughter anew, motioning for me to follow, “Come on, I know a good place.”

She leads me back up to the ship’s deck, but stops before trying to climb down to the rocky outcropping below. She turns to me and says with great regret, “I’m afraid this is as far as I can go. I set foot off this ship and I’ll simply turn back to what I once was long ago. There’s a small place back the way you came in the Oni village I’ve heard about that’ll feed you and put you up for the night, so long as you don’t mind putting up with the horny devils,” she pauses briefly, “Ah, and I mean ‘horny’ in more ways than the obvious. I’m not going anywhere for a while, so take your time and come back safe, ‘kay?”

“…Thanks,” I say, jumping off onto the ground below without another word. Goodbyes should be kept short, and shorter still if I plan on returning at a later point and time. I haven’t committed to a return trip yet, and I’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I follow the path Parsee had laid down, paying attention to any markings or rocky structures I had made not of coming down this way. The darkness is of little concern to me, but the cave system itself is more like a spider’s web than a straight line. I could easily lose my way if I were to accidentally make a wrong turn.

Though my memory serves me well, and I find myself staring into the stone torches lighting the Oni village in no time at all. Coming upon the village itself, I suddenly realize just how tired I’ve become. Too much walking, and my feet have grown tired. I should find a place to rest and regain my strength.

I pass a good few hours sitting idly on somebody’s stoop. The houses here will surely be abandoned so long as the party I hear in the background carries on. My body recovers, but I still feel weary with hunger. With nothing to distract me, the feeling of hunger only grows stronger. I head deeper into the village in search of food, and happen upon a familiar face.

The woman called Shou gives me a passing glance, but ignores me otherwise as she walks seemingly aimlessly around the village outskirts. I follow her from the shadows, but I can’t shake the feeling that she knows I’m behind her. My stomach begins to growl.

>
>> No. 120370
Good update, as always. Looking forward for the continuation.
>> No. 120373
[x] Your stomach stops growling and begins to roar
>> No. 120376
[x] Turn into some spiders and sneak into the storehouses
[x] If challenged turn into a flying cloud of soybeans


No more dialogue, no more games, how fucking long has it been since our last meal now? Over 700 years.
>> No. 120378
>>120376
she might be hungry for FOOD food; part of the things that make youkai look like young attractive women.
>> No. 120379
>>120378
>city full of oni
>humans
oh u
>> No. 120384
[x] Your stomach stops growling and begins to roar
Mighty Tiger. Show your stripes.
>> No. 120387
[x] Ignore that shit and follow Shou.
Bah, we haven't ate in 700 years, that shit can wait a bit longer.
>> No. 120392
[x] Ignore that shit and follow Shou.
>> No. 120393
>>120379
I wasn't even talking about people, just that a tweak of Gensokyo might be that she might actually like normal food.

[x] Follow Shou and see if there's any place with decent food.

Can't do much spooking on a empty stomach.
>> No. 120394
[x] Ignore that shit and follow Shou.
>> No. 120396
[x] Ignore that shit and follow Shou
>> No. 120397
File 127906745738.jpg - (192.05KB , 697x800 , Move along nothing to see here.jpg ) [iqdb]
120397
Despite my hunger, I can still acknowledge the fact that food will not be found here. Equally unlikely is the possibility that Minamitsu’s recommendation will pan out in my favor. Youkai eat humans. That is a fact. There are also those that can consume human food for nourishment, though I’m not one of them. I find it safe to assume that Minamitsu had lumped me in with them, having known nothing of me beyond a name.

I do the only thing I can do in this situation: I ignore my growling stomach and attempt to pursue Shou. She’s a sly one, she is; she attempts to lose any possible followers by choosing an erratic path between buildings. I follow her down dark alley after dark alley, my hunger growing with each passing step. At this rate I may be forced to assault and consume another youkai, though I generally set such a distasteful act as a last resort—somewhere between passing out and eating my own limbs on a scale of last resorts.

After a good bit of time following Shou as she walks seemingly without purpose around the village, I think of giving up chasing after her. The drums and shouts of the Oni festival grows ominously louder as Shou traverses deeper into the village, scouring any and every alley for I-don’t-know-what.

“Ugh, make up your damned mind, woman!” I utter quietly to myself, cursing my resolve to follow her. The more she walks, the more I begin to wonder if she has no purpose at all.

Fires from the village square light the alleys, and I can hear screaming aplenty coming from the lighted areas. Sadly, Shou heads right in the direction of the commotion. Rather than follow her into the light, I take to the rooftops. Oh, how this reminds me of old times! Perhaps rather than pursue Shou I could make a bit of a mess of the Oni social gathering. The latter seems interesting at the very least, and would help to sate my lust for mischief. Who knows, I might even be able to kidnap a small one to feast upon until nothing but bones remain.

The gabled thatch provides a good gripping surface, and I can easily climb from one building to another. I take up a decent vantage point and watch as the Oni carry on below me. A fight seems to have broken out in the middle of the crowd. Standard fare for Oni; they fight one another not only for fun but to determine who has alpha status among the group. A simple pack mentality for an otherwise intelligent sort of youkai seems contrasting, but their social structure has certainly withstood the test of time.

I watch as the smaller opponent is thrown out of the crowd and into the street. Beaten and battered, they stand to fight again. The larger and obviously stronger one deftly provides a powerful blow to the other’s head, ending the fight even before I had time to decide which one to cheer for. The group laughs almost in unison as the unconscious loser is carried off, and everything returns to normal a moment later.

But what do I see from the corner of my eye but Shou, trying to push her way into the crowd. A foolish move by any viewpoint to so carelessly wander into a gathering of Oni, but she doesn’t seem to so much as think twice of it as she moves to the center with confidence. Perhaps she believes her own strength can match theirs, or perhaps she is simply a fool. I would bet on the latter. She seems the idealistic type.

I find it strange though that the Oni neither challenge nor pay any mind to her as she passes between them to the one Oni still standing victorious in the middle of the crowd. Shou approaches them directly, speaking loudly enough that I can hear her voice from all the way back here. Of course, over the sound of wild laughter I cannot make out what she says, but the sound of her voice carries incredibly well. She seems to be asking the alpha for something.

Of course she’s turned down. An Oni will not willingly bow their head to another without a fight. To them, fighting is everything. A greeting, a welcoming, a test, and a show of leadership. In Oni society the strong have no need or desire to perform a favor for the weak.

And then, Shou goes for her spear. Bad move; the Oni leader takes the initiative with a fierce punch. A body blow that is parried by Shou as she instantly turns the battle in her favor. A sweep to the legs puts the Oni on the ground, and she swings her spear around in a killing blow directly to the head of the leader. The attack is almost faster than even my keen eye can see; the poor bastard didn’t’ even see it coming. But she stops just short of taking off the Oni’s head. A victory for her, but not at the cost of another’s life. If the Oni has any shame, they’ll submit.

But the roof below me cracks and gives way. I tumble covered in hay into the house below. The landing is unexpectedly soft, but the dust I’d kicked up puts me in a coughing fit. I need to escape before I’m seen!

“Oh?” But I’m too late even for that! A horned child looks down at me as I brush what remains of the roof I had stood upon from my face.

“That’s my bed you’re laying on,” she says, strangely unsurprised by my rather sudden appearance inside what I can only assume is her home.

>
>> No. 120398
[x] Say sorry then leave before the kid has an idea what just happened.
[x] Get another vantage point that won't cave in.
>> No. 120399
[x] ... Nice bed.
>> No. 120400
[x] "Let me pick up my pride and I'll be on my way"
-[x] Try to keep following Shou
I HUNGER
>> No. 120401
[x] Looks like you've landed next to dinner! Kidnap the oni child.

Mmhmm, oni meat. So tasty.
>> No. 120402
[x] ... Nice bed.

oh god
>> No. 120405
Aww crap. We have been seen on a sneaking mission. This undoubtedly means there are endless hordes of Oni coming to murder us at this very second.
[x]Abscond
>> No. 120412
[x] Seek Shou.
It's Shou time!
>> No. 120421
[x] ... Nice bed.
>> No. 120422
[x] ... Nice bed.

Yu~
>> No. 120423
File 127915817666.jpg - (635.90KB , 920x800 , We love short skirts.jpg ) [iqdb]
120423
Confused, and with no obvious route of escape, I can only look at the girl. Any wrong step could provoke a violent reaction from the Oni child, and I’m currently in no shape to put up a fight.

“It’s really quite a nice bed,” I say, hoping the complement might cause her to relax just slightly enough so that I might be able to slip away. Unfortunately, she does not respond, and is no less wary of me than before.

“What were you doing on my roof?” she asks, crossing her arms.

“You know,” I say, acting natural, “these parties can get a little out of hand sometimes…”

“That they do. But don’t bother offering to fix it or anything. No, don’t even think about it. It never rains here anyway, so it’s no big deal.” She sighs, the tension in her shoulders and gaze fading slightly, “All of the roofs here are old and rotted like that, so it’s no big surprise that a person or two would fall through on occasion. This wouldn’t exactly be the first time it’s happened to me.”

That explains her lack of astonishment, though that won’t help me to find a way out. I’ve got to find a way to catch her off guard without provoking her, and—

“Say,” she says suddenly, leaning in closely, “What are you, anyway? I can tell that you’re no Oni… and that smell…” she sniffs the air, “One of Satori’s pets by any chance?”

“Ugh…” Everyone just has to go and remind me of her. And here I was hoping to put that knowledge behind me and pretend it didn’t exist. Damn these Oni! Damn them all! Or something hateful along those lines. I dislike Oni, but I can’t blame the girl for making an observation. Perhaps I can use her insight to my advantage…

“I went by there for a visit not too long ago,” I say, mixing truth and lies, hoping the girl won’t notice. For her to catch me in a lie would surely mean the death of me. “But I got a little sidetracked on my way back. Haven’t eaten in a while, see. The hunger, it messes with my sense of direction. You wouldn’t happen to have anything I could snack on, would you?”

“I’m afraid not. If it were drink you were after there’s a brewery down the way… and a party in the streets. Not that I have to remind you.”

She shows no intent to show me any hospitality, not that I would expect any as a woman having dropped down through the ceiling uninvited. I don’t believe there’s even such thing as an invited guest dropping through a person’s roof.

“Fair enough,” I say, getting to my feet. There’s a bit of soreness in my hip from when I landed, but nothing that would slow me down. “Well if you don’t mind I have somebody waiting for me.”

“Hold on, hold on,” she grabs my wrist, her hand a vice from which I lack the strength to escape, “How’s about a quick round before you go?”

“If it’s a round of drink I’d be happy to oblige,” I reply, feeling a lump growing in the pit of my stomach. This is just the situation I had hoped to avoid, “But where I’m from there’s a strict rule against fighting indoors…”

“That so?” the girl smiles fearsomely, “But you know the saying, when in Rome…”

>
>> No. 120435
[x] "Eat" her.
>> No. 120436
[x] Leave. The Oni won't be able to catch you.
-[x] To the brewery!
>> No. 120437
>>120436

She's got our wrist
>> No. 120438
>>She's got our wrist

So? Satori had her shackled after the fight with Okuu.

Physical restraints don't mean much when you can make yourself intangible.

Speaking of which...

[X] Make yourself intangible
[X] Attempt some misdirection
[X] Slip away into the night
>> No. 120439
>>120437

We're Nue. I don't see the problem.
>> No. 120440
[x] "Eat" her.
>> No. 120441
[X] Make yourself intangible
[X] Attempt some misdirection
[X] Slip away into the night
>> No. 120442
[x] "Eat" her.

Oh, why the hell not.
>> No. 120444
[x] Attempt to kick her ass.
So bored of just running or sneaking around. This Oni wench wants to go, fine, fuck her.
>> No. 120445
[x] "Eat" her.

I can't resist.
>> No. 120446
[x] "Eat" her.

No holds barred. Let's make this interesting.
>> No. 120448
[X] Make yourself intangible
[X] Attempt some misdirection
[X] Slip away into the night
>> No. 120449
[X] "Eat" her.

Delicious oni, you must taste her.
>> No. 120450
If all else fails we can just shove ourselves down her throat as a liquid and then transform into something large and sharp from inside.

[x] Eat her
>> No. 120452
File 12792451613.png - (544.68KB , 960x720 , Super heian alien loves you.png ) [iqdb]
120452
I struggle to escape, an attempt made in desperation and dread. But from that fear comes realization. In this room are just the two of us. Just me and this girl, no onlookers. Nobody that could interrupt were I to invoke my abilities to their fullest extent. Certainly, to fight an Oni fair and square would be my demise, but were I to play by my own rules I may just have a chance. I may just have a chance to appease my growling stomach. I make a decision that I’m willing to bet my life upon, and strike accordingly.

My body turns to ash. As my vision fades to black I see only a look of astonishment in the girl’s eyes. This is good. I can turn that shock into what might actually suffice as a decent meal. I scatter about the room, ash flooding into every nook and cranny and covering every surface below the roof. The soot begins to congeal into swarms of piercing objects—arrows protruding from every surface save the ground on which the girl stands.

“Wha—“ she steps back in her confusion, nearly piercing her foot on the floor, “What the hell is this?!”

She prepares to attack, but as I am now she cannot even hope to hurt me. To lash out would scatter me, but I would feel no pain or receive injury from it. It is not until I’ve returned to my original form that her blows can have any effect at all. I allow myself a moment of laughter, mirroring the words she used when she believed she held the advantage, “When in Rome, was it?”

Then, I launch myself at her, the odds in my favor. Hundreds of arrows, swords and knives fly from the walls to pierce her flesh. She attempts to swat them away, but fails to see through and recognize the intent of my attack in her bewilderment. The projectiles break apart like ash as she impacts them, but the sooty mess that remains clings to her skin like glue. The more she fights back, the more the soot begins to accumulate and stick together. I realize that at this point I have effectively immobilized an Oni. No simply task by any means, but they were always weak against underhanded attacks. My surprise stems only from how easy it felt to have accomplished this feat.

But I will not be hasty. She is still an Oni child, and possesses the strength of a thousand human men at the very least. Until I am sure that I have captured her I cannot allow myself to take shape. I take in what little residual energy leaks out of her as the soot begins to invade her body. Unlike with Okuu, however, I’ve little desire to make this enjoyable. My hunger will not wait. I descend upon the girl like a pack of ravenous vultures.

Still, I’ve no intention to kill the child and bring about the wrath of every Oni dwelling within this village. A small incision made along her wrist allows me the freedom to feed. She struggles as I drain her. Her futile throes occasionally breaking the bonds I’ve placed over her body, but by the time she has freed herself enough to fight back properly I’ve taken more than a fair share of energy from the girl. The taste is awful; bitter and pungent like stagnated water. But a necessary evil this is.

Once the child can no longer move I release her. My form returns and I kneel down over her body as she looks up at me helplessly. In her eyes is a rage, and with it a recognition of her own powerlessness. Perhaps she believes I might kill her now. But no, I’m not so despicable that I would so much as consider killing another youkai without reason. She shows surprise when I instead bandage the wound I’d inflicted upon her and climb back up through the hole in the roof in silence.

I leave the scene below quickly, feeling refreshed but wary of the possibility of being seen. I cross over the Oni gathering as a cloud of mist, following the route I last saw Shou take before I ran into this little setback. I know that I’ve surely lost her at this point, but what else am I to do? I’ve successfully accomplished what I had come here to do, but the act has left me feeling only partially refreshed and with a bad taste in my mouth. I ponder where to go from here.

>
>> No. 120453
[x] She's bound to have caused a commotion by beating the alpha oni. Follow the noise, follow the center of attention.
>> No. 120454
[x] She's bound to have caused a commotion by beating the alpha oni. Follow the noise, follow the center of attention.

That should take the edge off the hunger. Let's get back on track.
>> No. 120455
[x] She's bound to have caused a commotion by beating the alpha oni. Follow the noise, follow the center of attention.

Didn't expect that to work out so well.

>Alien Nue

BRILLIANT!
>> No. 120456
[x] She's bound to have caused a commotion by beating the alpha oni. Follow the noise, follow the center of attention.
>> No. 120459
[x] She's bound to have caused a commotion by beating the alpha oni. Follow the noise, follow the center of attention.
>> No. 120460
[x] She's bound to have caused a commotion by beating the alpha oni. Follow the noise, follow the center of attention.
>> No. 120491
File 12793388068.jpg - (338.81KB , 992x851 , my trident your ass what's the difference.jpg ) [iqdb]
120491
I’ve nothing but time on my hands, and having regained a fraction of my former stamina I feel like searching a bit more. If my actions amount to aimless wandering, then so be it. I still wish to find Shou and make clear her intent.

I’m reminded of the fact that she has fought and defeated the Oni alpha. Surely that has caused a bit of an uproar among the locals. I should start by searching with my ears. Any place I find a commotion I’m likely to find Shou at its center.

But I first need to find a better vantage point, and I see a few good starting points. I see a guard tower a few blocks to my left, which marks where the village ends and the path to Satori’s cathedral begins. Unlikely I’ll find anything there, but let’s not be hasty in writing it off just yet. A tall building a few rooftops across the town square just looks to be a far superior starting point. It’s in the center of activity, and not too far from where I’d lost Shou. So I hop across to it, climb up over the thatch and cling to a small metal shape affixed at its peak. Far below me is the gathering of Oni, and I see a small number of torch lights hardly a few buildings away. That has to be the place!

I wrench the metal structure free from the building, deciding to take it with me. It comes free with only a little coaxing, and is long enough to act as a weapon if need be. I spend a moment pondering its purpose, but considering how far underground this is I doubt it’s a lightning rod. Either way, with a bit of sharpening it will do nicely.

I waste no time, jumping down from my perch as I rush towards the small gathering of lights below. Unfortunately, upon reaching my desired landing my foot slips and I fall. The rod in my hands does little to stop me as I slide down the roof and into the alley.

“Oof!” I muffle a cry as I land on my side. The commotion I’ve made is sure to attract the attention of who I pursue, so I quickly dissipate before anybody comes to investigate.

And as sure as my hip aches from one too many falls, someone does come. The girl carries a torch to light her way as she creeps into the alley. Her posture betrays her unease, and as I take shape out of sight I can see no horns on her head. She’s no Oni—yet another outsider like Shou and myself. At her side however, are two rather fierce-looking Oni, and a much smaller child takes up her flank.

“Probably just a cat…” the girl says, her voice quivering.

“Do you know any Oni who keep cats?” asks the child behind her in a confident tone far unbecoming of her appearance. Another youkai?

“I’ve heard a few stories about wild animals running amok down here…”

“One of that Satori’s pets, no doubt,” one of the two Oni says, “she sometimes uses them as spies.”

“Spies, yes,” the youkai girl replies, “but for what purpose?”

The Oni shrugs, and the group moves along their intended path. I clamber back up to the rooftops, taking a bit of interest in this new group of outsiders. My gut instinct to follow them turns out to be correct, and Shou eventually comes upon them.

“The Oni know nothing,” she says, “It isn’t here.”

“Then where the hell is it?!” the small girl pushes the others aside, stepping up to face Shou directly.

“I was hoping you would know.”

“It’s nice to be relied upon and all, but sometimes you should take care of your own dirty laundry. Find it yourself.”

“…You’re not still mad, are you?”

“Mad, is it?” The small girl smiles, “No, I’m not mad at all. I’m furious!”

“Please, please, ladies,” the third girl pushes the two apart before violence can erupt. Personally I’d have liked to see them fight, but it didn’t look like the conversation would have brought about anything more than hateful words. What a boring group.

The Oni are quickly sent on their way, and the three girls are left to sit and chat under a straw awning.

“Well if it’s obviously not here, there’s only one other place to look,” says the smallest one, thrusting a small iron rod into the air as if to signify ‘up’.

“Ugh, it’s been more than a millennium, Naz. All our treasures and stuff are likely scattered all over the world,” the girl in white says hopelessly.

“You underestimate me,” the small girl boasts, “If a treasure hasn’t been melted down or turned to valueless scarp, I can find it no matter where it hides.”

“So she says,” adds Shou in what I would consider a mocking tone. She gets no rise out of the girl, much to my disappointment. Spying is nice and all but at least make it fun for me alright?

“On the bright side,” Shou starts to smile, “I found Murasa and our ship. It’s a mess but she thinks it can still fly.”

…Fly? She said fly just now, or did I mishear? How could a ship possibly fly? Perhaps it’s merely a figure of speech.

“Excellent,” says the runt, “I might just even forgive you if this works!”

“I only did what I felt was right, Naz.” Shou grumbles, starting off down the alley.

“Yeah? Well you were wrong.” And the others follow, as do I from the shadows.

I follow them down a far more straight-forward path than I had taken to get to this point. They seem to be headed directly for Minamitsu and the underground ship. Where else would they be headed, after that conversation? I decide to head them off; a swarm of flies can move far faster than three girls on foot.

I arrive at the entrance to the offshoot cavern and decide to wait. I will meet them all here, I decide. It’s only fair, considering Minamitsu’s invitation and offer to be freed from this ‘underground prison’ as she called it. I may not know their intentions, but neither do they know mine.

…Come to think of it, I don’t have any real goals set for upon my reaching the surface beyond getting a decent bite to eat or two. Perhaps I’m a far simpler creature of instinct than I often believe myself to be.

I wait for several minutes before seeing a torch light in the distance. Slowly it creeps up to me, and then it suddenly stops. I know it’s them, despite being unable to make out their shapes behind the bright firelight. One of them steps up to me. I smile.

“And who,” I say, blocking their path forward, trying to intimidate them a bit by slamming my metal rod into the ground, “might you ladies be?”

“Ignore her,” I hear Shou say as she grabs the torch and tries to bypass me.

I let her, of course. I’ve no reason to seek confrontation, though I do try my darnedest to humiliate her. My hand brushes against her rear as she pushes past; an entirely purposeful act that I try to play off as an accident. She yelps, I laugh and ask her what’s wrong. She ignores me and just keeps walking.

“Hmm…” but the smaller one studies me more carefully than the others, “You look like the sneaky sort. Trust me, I’d know.” She smiles and starts walking.

“Oh, and by the way,” she turns back around with an afterthought, “Shou’s ass isn’t her weak spot, I’m just saying.”

“…”

I follow them in silence back to the ship. Every so often one of the group will look back at me as if to ask, ‘Do you really intend on coming with us?’ Of course, the answer is yes, but I’m not particularly keen on making nice with such unfriendly sorts as these. The ship ghost is good in my books only thanks to how forward she has been with me.

It isn’t long before I find myself in the middle of their congregation. On the ship’s deck, all three of them look upon me, speculating whether or not to let me stick around, or simply to throw me into the ravine and be done with it. I can see in Shou’s eyes that she is keen on the latter, but this third girl in white… I simply cannot read her expression. It’s unsettling how emotionlessly she looks upon me, silently judging and weighing her options. She’s hardly said a word.

“Oh, hey,” a hatch swings open and the first true friendly face I’ve seen in this underground emerges from below, “You’re back.” She looks to me with a wink, then to Shou, “Did you bring what I asked for?”

“I looked,” Shou replies, “But I’m afraid there’s only stone and weeds to be found down here. Anything wooden is impossibly hard to come by.”

“Well, I guess we’ll just have to tear apart some furniture then,” she nods for the group to head down below, “Hop to it then.”

They scatter in what feels like the blink of an eye. Everyone seems entirely devoted to this ghost girl, and more than willing to carry out her every command.

“Don’t mind them,” she tells me, “It’s been a rough thousand years for us all. You too, I’m sure.”

>
>> No. 120494
[x] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow
[x] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.
>> No. 120497
[x] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow
[x] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.
Ok, it's a good sign that a write-in makes me laugh out loud.
>> No. 120504
[x] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow
-[x] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.
Yeah, this is Nue alright.
>> No. 120510
[x] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow
-[x] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.

>Trident(?) acquired
Awesome.

>“No, I’m not mad at all. I’m furious!
Oh you.
>> No. 120511
[x] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow [x] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.

Ok
>> No. 120513
[x] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow
-[x] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.
>> No. 120514
[x] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow
[x] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.
>> No. 120515
[x] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow
-[x] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.
>> No. 120516
[B] Yeah, you wouldn't believe the cramps you get after a 700 year nap with no pillow.
[B] So what were they looking for anyway, a one night stand? God damn, stripey back there needs to get laid.
>> No. 120517
Oh hai a landslide victory! Sadly no updates today, but expect one sometime tomorrow.
>> No. 120520
>>120517
Don't forget to post your minecraft if you have it. I love those things.
>> No. 120528
>>120520

http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?server=e64a850d87249034c601cfa96122ac4a

It's a public server, so yeah. The address changes very rarely if ever. You'll need the world of minecraft client just to get around because the scope of some levels are just so enormous.
>> No. 120529
File 127947466647.jpg - (639.09KB , 800x1119 , Pic unrelated.jpg ) [iqdb]
120529
“Yeah,” I reply, “I’ve been out of it for a while too it would seem. You wouldn’t believe the cramps that come with a long dirt-nap.”

I pause; smile, and then a whole slew of questions bombard my thoughts. What year is it? How long have I been asleep? Judging by what I’ve found down here it hasn’t been long at all, though metallurgy seems to have advanced by leaps and bounds. Some technologies seem to have even regressed to primitive levels; particularly visible in the cobbled-together masonry work of the Oni village. I save the questions for later; a quick glance at Minamitsu tells me that she’s as unlikely to know as myself, having been buried down here for so long.

“But,” I add, “you don’t see me getting all grumpy about it. That blonde and pepper haired girl have a stick up her ass or something?”

“Shou?” Murasa smiles, “I wouldn’t doubt it. No, she’s got her own troubles to deal with. Most of them being me. She royally screwed the pooch and I’m gonna ride her ass about it until she owns up.”

“I’m sure she could stand to have her ass ridden once or twice.” I make a particularly obscene hip-thrusting gesture, but Minamitsu is already on the floor in stitches. I suppose it wasn’t entirely necessary.

“Ahh!” she falls silent, looks up to me for a brief moment and then suddenly breaks out into hysterics again. “Hahahahaha!! You really said it now!”

“Perhaps I said too much?”

“No, no! Nonono! You said plenty!”

The second time the laughter stops it doesn’t start again. She gets to her feet and rubs her face, “Erm… As a friend to her I’ll have to note that she’s celibate, though… I just can’t bring myself to disagree. What you said was just too funny!”

“Was it?”

Yes.” She at least seems enthusiastic when supporting her claim. Perhaps this is a good thing.

“So I tell you what,” she says, “I’d been giving it some thought while out were out, but that just does it. I couldn’t possibly afford to let this one slip by. So how’s about you shack up with us for a while?”

“…I don’t have to be celibate, do I?”

“I’m not.”

“I see.” Well, that answers that, “I’ll give it some thought.”

>
>> No. 120530
[x] It's not a bad idea at all and this ghost is certainly amusing.
>> No. 120531
[X] "Throw some of you not being celibate with me in there, and we have a deal."

Dat Murasa.
>> No. 120533
[sexy sailor] "Throw some of you not being celibate with me in there, and we have a deal."

Can't go wrong with the Cap'n.
>> No. 120541
[X] "Throw some of you not being celibate with me in there, and we have a deal."

Still not wearing panties, right?
>> No. 120543
File 127950957828.png - (244.79KB , 600x600 , DIGGITY DANK.png ) [iqdb]
120543
[X] "Throw some of you not being celibate with me in there, and we have a deal."
>> No. 120544
Wait, is Nue clothed right now? I forget.
>> No. 120548
>>120544

Yes, mostly. She's missing a few... certain articles, which answers >>120541 as well.

New thread: >>120547